Risk Sharing, Financial
Any system which allows payors to share some of the financial risk associated with a particular patient population with providers. Providers agree to adhere to fixed fee schedules in exchange for an increase in their payor base and a chance to benefit from cost containment measures. Common risk-sharing methods are prospective payment schedules (PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM), capitation (CAPITATION FEES), diagnosis-related fees (DIAGNOSIS-RELATED GROUPS), and pre-negotiated fees.
The process of bargaining in order to arrive at an agreement or compromise on a matter of importance to the parties involved. It also applies to the hearing and determination of a case by a third party chosen by the parties in controversy, as well as the interposing of a third party to reconcile the parties in controversy.
A scheme which provides reimbursement for the health services rendered, generally by an institution, and which provides added financial rewards if certain conditions are met. Such a scheme is intended to promote and reward increased efficiency and cost containment, with better care, or at least without adverse effect on the quality of the care rendered.
Accountable Care Organizations
Organizations of health care providers that agree to be accountable for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries who are enrolled in the traditional fee-for-service program who are assigned to it. Assigned means those beneficiaries for whom the professionals in the organization provide the bulk of primary care services. (www.cms.gov/OfficeofLegislation/Downloads/Accountable CareOrganization.pdf accessed 03/16/2011)
Practice Management, Medical
Physician Incentive Plans
Product Line Management
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Unstriated and unstriped muscle, one of the muscles of the internal organs, blood vessels, hair follicles, etc. Contractile elements are elongated, usually spindle-shaped cells with centrally located nuclei. Smooth muscle fibers are bound together into sheets or bundles by reticular fibers and frequently elastic nets are also abundant. (From Stedman, 25th ed)
Cyclopentanophenanthrenes with a 5- or 6-membered lactone ring attached at the 17-position and SUGARS attached at the 3-position. Plants they come from have long been used in congestive heart failure. They increase the force of cardiac contraction without significantly affecting other parameters, but are very toxic at larger doses. Their mechanism of action usually involves inhibition of the NA(+)-K(+)-EXCHANGING ATPASE and they are often used in cell biological studies for that purpose.
Surgical Procedures, Minor
Quality Indicators, Health Care
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Employee Incentive Plans
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Health Services Administration
Group Practice, Prepaid
Marketing of Health Services
Insurance, Health, Reimbursement
Quality of Health Care
Independent Practice Associations
A partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity that enters into an arrangement for the provision of services with persons who are licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, and dentistry, and with other care personnel. Under an IPA arrangement, licensed professional persons provide services through the entity in accordance with a mutually accepted compensation arrangement, while retaining their private practices. Services under the IPA are marketed through a prepaid health plan. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Attitude of Health Personnel
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures
To tell the truth: disclosing the incentives and limits of managed care. (1/105)As managed care becomes more prevalent in the United States, concerns have arisen over the business practices of managed care companies. A particular concern is whether patients should be made aware of the financial incentives and treatment limits of their healthcare plan. At present, managed care organizations are not legally required to make such disclosures. However, such disclosures would be advisable for reasons of ethical fidelity, contractual clarity, and practical prudence. Physicians themselves may also have a fiduciary responsibility to discuss incentives and limits with their patients. Once the decision to disclose has been made, the managed care organization must draft a document that explains, clearly and honestly, limits of care in the plan and physician incentives that might restrict the care a patient receives. (+info)
Physicians' perceptions of managed care. (2/105)We wished to determine physicians' views and knowledge of managed care, particularly their beliefs about the provisions of managed care contracts in terms of legality and ethics. A questionnaire was sent to the 315 physicians of the medical staff of Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut regarding managed care and managed care contracts. Sixty-six responses were received within a 45-day period (20.9% return). Although only 1 of 11 contract provisions presented in one section of the questionnaire was illegal in Connecticut, a majority of physicians believed 7 of the 11 were illegal. On average, 50% of physicians polled thought each of the provisions was illegal, and a varying majority of physicians (53% to 95.4%) felt the various provisions were unethical. The majority of respondents (84.8% to 92.4%) believed that nondisclosure provisions were unethical. Ninety-seven percent thought managed care interferes with quality of care, and 72.7% of physicians felt that the managed care industry should be held legally responsible for ensuring quality of care. However, 92.4% of physicians considered themselves to be ethically responsible for ensuring quality of care. Physicians have a poor understanding of the legal aspects of managed care contracts but feel strongly that many provisions of these contracts are unethical. Physicians also believe that managed care is causing medicine to be practiced in a manner that is contrary to patients' interests and that legal recourse is needed to prevent this. (+info)
Like marriage, without the romance. (3/105)Physicians and philosophers have contributed to the field of medical ethics several different paradigms for the physician-patient relationship. Here I suggest another: marriage. Patients usually enter into relationships as we enter marriage: we allow our high hopes to obscure the possibility of deep disappointment. The argument of the essay encourages renewed focus on the contractual element of physician-patient relationships. (+info)
Interpretations, perspectives and intentions in surrogate motherhood. (4/105)In this paper we examine the questions "What does it mean to be a surrogate mother?" and "What would be an appropriate perspective for a surrogate mother to have on her pregnancy?" In response to the objection that such contracts are alienating or dehumanising since they require women to suppress their evolving perspective on their pregnancies, liberal supporters of surrogate motherhood argue that the freedom to contract includes the freedom to enter a contract to bear a child for an infertile couple. After entering the contract the surrogate may not be free to interpret her pregnancy as that of a non-surrogate mother, but there is more than one appropriate way of interpreting one's pregnancy. To restrict or ban surrogacy contracts would be to prohibit women from making other particular interpretations of their pregnancies they may wish to make, requiring them to live up to a culturally constituted image of ideal motherhood. We examine three interpretations of a "surrogate pregnancy" that are implicit in the views and arguments put forward by ethicists, surrogacy agencies, and surrogate mothers themselves. We hope to show that our concern in this regard goes beyond the view that surrogacy contracts deny or suppress the natural, instinctive or conventional interpretation of pregnancy. (+info)
Advance directives in psychiatric care: a narrative approach. (5/105)Advance directives for psychiatric care are the subject of debate in a number of Western societies. By using psychiatric advance directives (or so-called "Ulysses contracts"), it would be possible for mentally ill persons who are competent and with their disease in remission, and who want timely intervention in case of future mental crisis, to give prior authorisation to treatment at a later time when they are incompetent, have become non-compliant, and are refusing care. Thus the devastating consequences of recurrent psychosis could be minimised. Ulysses contracts raise a number of ethical questions. In this article the central issues of concern and debate are discussed from a narrative perspective. Ulysses contracts are viewed as elements of an ongoing narrative in which patient and doctor try to make sense of and get a hold on the recurrent crises inherent in the patient's psychiatric condition. (+info)
Review article: Warnock and surrogacy.(6/105)(+info)
A vote for no confidence. (7/105)This paper considers the justifications for adhering to a principle of confidentiality within medical practice. These are found to derive chiefly from respect for individual autonomy, the doctor/patient contract, and social utility. It is suggested that these will benefit more certainly if secrecy is rejected and the principle of confidentiality is removed from the area of health care. (+info)
The validity of contracts to dispose of frozen embryos. (8/105)The widespread abandonment of frozen embryos by the gamete providers or intentional parents urgently demands a solution. Most centres react by requiring patients to enter a prior agreement governing the future disposition of their embryos in all foreseeable circumstances. These dispositional directives are inappropriate and self defeating in the event of contingencies in which the patients remain competent to execute an updated directive. Internal and external changes may invalidate the prior directive by altering the situation as represented by the couple at the initiation of treatment to such an extent that it no longer corresponds with the actual situation at the time of the execution of the disposition. The prior agreement should only be considered binding if the agreement among the partners on a specific option was a material condition for one of the partners to start treatment. (+info)
Employment contract and age
An employment contract should always be executed in writing, although even a verbal agreement is legally binding. A 15-year-old may sign, terminate and cancel his/her employment contract himself/herself. For a young person under the age of 15, the employment contract may be signed by his/her guardian or by himself/herself with the guardians consent.. If the employment contract is not executed in writing and the employment relationship lasts for more than one month, the employer must at his own initiative give the employee a written explanation of the principal terms and conditions of employment, no later than the end of the first pay period. This explanation must contain the details specified in the Employment Contracts Act: wages, working hours, job duties, duration of the employment relationship and the applicable collective agreement.. The employer must also issue a written explanation as referred to above in an employment relationship lasting less than one month if the young worker or ...
Employment Contract Laws - Questions about Employment Contract Law Answered
What is an employment contract? What is employment contract law? What is an employment contract form? What is an employment agreement contract? To find the answers to these questions and more on employment contract laws ask the Experts on JustAnswer.
Reformed Reasons: Covenants, Creeds, Confessions, and Confusion
The reason Christians must care about the biblical covenants is because the covenant is the vehicle by which God enters relations with all His creatures and especially with His elect. He covenants with us. The truth is that God has never related to man apart from a covenant. The covenant defines the terms of Gods relationship with man and mans responsibilities to God. Robertson says, In its most essential aspect, a covenant is that which binds people together. Nothing lies closer to the heart of biblical concept of the covenant than the imagery of a bond violable. [Robertson: The Christ of the Covenants] All Christians relate to God via the blood of Christ spilled in the New Covenant. (Heb. 9:28) Modern Americans have numerous casual relationships. God has none! God does not engage in informal relations or casual relations whatsoever. Modern Christians view their relationship with God the same way they view their relationship with others. This is simply wrong. According to Nehemiah Coxe, the ...
Reflections on the New Psychological Contract and the Ownership of Hum by Catherine Fisk
Catherine Fisk, Reflections on the New Psychological Contract and the Ownership of Human Capital, 34 Connecticut Law Review 765-785 (2002) ...
Preparing for the ATF Special Agent Exam | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
In each of these questions you will be given a paragraph which contains all the information necessary to infer the correct answer. Use only the information provided in the paragraph. Do not speculate or make assumptions that go beyond this information. Also, assume that all information given in the paragraph is true, even if it conflicts with some fact known to you. Only one correct answer can be validly inferred from the information contained in the paragraph.. Pay special attention to quantifiers such as all, none, and some. Also, pay special attention to negative prefixes and negated verbs. For example, from a paragraph in which it is affirmed that it is not the case that all contracts are legal, one can validly infer that some contracts are not legal or that some contracts are illegal, or that some illegal things are contracts, but one cannot validly infer that no contracts are legal, or that some contracts are legal. Similarly, from a paragraph that states all contracts ...
Optimal Employment Contracts with Hidden Search
In this paper I explore optimal employment contract design in a random search framework, where workers search on and off the job for employment opportunities similar to that of Lentz (2010) and Bagger and Lentz (2013). The worker determines the frequency by which employment opportunities arrive through a costly choice of search intensity, which is unobserved by the firm and cannot be directly contracted upon. Firms differ in productivity by which they employ workers. Firms compete over workers in terms of utility promises in a fashion otherwise similar to that of Postel-Vinay and Robin (2002). As in Burdett and Coles (2003) and Burdett and Coles (2010), optimal tenure conditional contracts are shown to be back loaded to discourage the worker from generating outside competitive pressure. The analysis establishes existence, uniqueness and provides characterization of the core mechanism. The paper applies the framework to the analysis of firm provided general human capital training. It is shown ...
Covenant (Halo) - Wikipedia
The majority of events in the story arc of the Halo series occur during the Ninth Age of Reclamation. The Covenants organization of time and dates is not elaborated on in detail in the game or during any of the novelizations; Bungie cinematic director Joseph Staten, in an interview on Halo fansite halo.bungie.org, said that the Covenants date system is split into seven epochs, split into the following Ages: Abandonment, Conflict, Discovery, Reconciliation, Conversion, Doubt, and Reclamation. The 2001 and 2007 novels Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: Contact Harvest describe humanitys first contact with the Covenant in the year 2525. In The Fall of Reach, a lone Covenant ship bombards the Harvest colony with plasma, turning the planets crust into molten glass. The lone ship, broadcasts the Covenant edict, Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their instrument, and destroys several United Nations Space Command (UNSC) ships sent to attack it. Contact Harvest describes ...
Clinical Research Management Jobs, Employment in Falls Church, VA | Indeed.com
958 Clinical Research Management jobs available in Falls Church, VA on Indeed.com. Program Coordinator, Research Consultant, Researcher and more!
Yokl: Deep Dive into Your Clinical Equipment Service Contracts for Savings - The Journal of Healthcare Contracting
I have invested a significant amount of time over the last 24 years value-justifying my clients clinical equipment service contracts to identify flaws in them and then fix them at a significant savings for my clients. It has been a real eye opener to audit these contracts as it will be for you if you decide to deep dive into your clinical equipment service contracts to identify savings.. The reason that I have targeted these cost drivers is that at a typical 300-bed hospital you could have 4,000 devices covered by 100 different service contracts with 50 or more different vendors. I have seen this as a blueprint for waste and inefficiency since most hospitals cost accounting systems do a poor job of tracking these contracts. When you consider that the average cost of clinical equipment maintenance for a 300-bed hospital is about $1 million dollars annually this is a high-value target for savings at any and all healthcare organizations.. One of the biggest culprits is the actual number of ...
Tips for negotiating employment contracts | American Medical Association
Whether you are looking for your first job out of residency or have been practicing for years, negotiating your employment contract is important.
ABOUT US | Covenant University Guest House
As part of the university since 2007, Covenant University Guest House provides on-campus lodging for visiting scholars, guest speakers, parents of CU students, and other visitors (full list of visitors check out at www.studentshare.net ) to the campus and environs. We have fully furnishings 80 rooms with different types; 60 Standard Rooms, 10 Mini Suites, 5 Executive Suite. renovated in 2014, the Guest House features elegant furnishings, rollaway beds for additional guest needs.. Covenant University Guest House strategically positioned near the heart of Nigerias economic activity. Built on the exclusive Covenant University, Ota, its spread over three buildings and has spectacular views. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and magnificent African landscaping, Covenant University Guest House successessay is the place to stay when in Lagos or its environ for business or for recreation.. ...
ABOUT US | Covenant University Guest House
As part of the university since 2007, Covenant University Guest House provides on-campus lodging for visiting scholars, guest speakers, parents of CU students, and other visitors (full list of visitors check out at www.studentshare.net ) to the campus and environs. We have fully furnishings 80 rooms with different types; 60 Standard Rooms, 10 Mini Suites, 5 Executive Suite. renovated in 2014, the Guest House features elegant furnishings, rollaway beds for additional guest needs.. Covenant University Guest House strategically positioned near the heart of Nigerias economic activity. Built on the exclusive Covenant University, Ota, its spread over three buildings and has spectacular views. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and magnificent African landscaping, Covenant University Guest House successessay is the place to stay when in Lagos or its environ for business or for recreation.. ...
United States Private-Sector Physicians and Pharmaceutical Contract Research: A Qualitative Study
Jill Fisher and Corey Kalbaugh describe their findings from a qualitative research study evaluating the motivations of private-sector physicians conducting contract research for the pharmaceutical industry.
KHSC understands that most hospitals invest a considerable amount of operating funds into keeping their diagnositic, clinical and mechanical equipment maintained and in working order. But hospitals dont have to overpay in order to receive top-quality service. KHSC believes we have found a way to significantly reduce these costs.. KHSC is partnered with Remi. Remis is a cost savings alternative to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Service Contracts. Remi also can extend the life of equipment by providing heavily discounted service options for older dependable equipment, long after the OEM deems the equipment obsolete. KHSC has negotiated a minimum guaranteed savings of at least 15 percent on eligible equipment, and that guarantee will grow as more hospitals utilize the services of Remi.. Service Contracts are often an overlooked or avoided area of expense. When all service contracts are considered, this is easily a Top 10 expense. The KHSC Partnership with Remi is an efficient and instant ...
ETH-009: Patient-Physician Covenant - Wisconsin Medical Society
Medicine is, at its center, a moral enterprise grounded in a covenant of trust. This covenant obliges physicians to be competent and to use their competence in the patients best interest. Physicians, therefore, are both intellectually and morally obliged to act as advocates for the sick wherever their welfare is threatened and for their health at all times.. Today, this covenant of trust is significantly threatened. From within, there is growing legitimization of the physicians materialistic self-interest; from without, for-profit forces press the physician into the role of commercial agent to enhance the profitability of health care organizations. Such distortions of the physicians responsibility degrade the physician-patient relationship that is the central element and structure of clinical care.. To capitulate to these alterations of the trust relationship is to significantly alter the physicians role as healer, caregiver, helper and advocate for the sick and for the health of all. By its ...
AmeriPro Home Loans is Committed to Three Covenants in their Mission - Get News
Tulsa, OK - August 19, 2015 - Most of us have heard of the term covenant in one of two ways. It is often used in business or law to refer to an incidental element or part of a larger or broader agreement. The term covenant also refers to the conditional promises made to humanity by God, as revealed in Scripture, where God promised to protect them if they kept His law and were faithful to Him. While organizations cant promise, in a constantly changing environment, total safety or security, AmeriPro is committed to the three covenants of their mission.. During their work experience, AmeriPro has been fortunate to work in some of the leading edge companies to large public companies. Both have their pros and cons, but often times there is a misperception about large companies as being safer. It has been AmeriPros observation that many large companies that are often thought of as being safe and secure are not at all! Why? Because logos have no loyalty, people do. Again, it comes back to ...
The.Covenant.2006.DvDrip.Eng-aXXo.avi http://www.filesonic.com/file/4095669215/ - Pastebin.com
The.Covenant.2006.DvDrip.Eng-aXXo.avi http://www.filesonic.com/file/4095669215/The.Covenant.2006.DvDrip.Eng-aXXo.avi Rosin Coven Menagerie 2004.rar http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6rcsteej Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself - The Covenant Soundtrack.mp3 http://www.mediafire.com/?6t4dbqm7mog5kk5 The coven-Cate Tiernan(esp).pdf http://www.4shared.com/document/uUyDBrHo/The_coven-Cate_Tiernan_esp_.html Mazzy HSH.mov http://oron.com/jvnp7v8bm0yh/ mzzy.str-sttims-1993-mp3.rar http://www.filesonic.com/file/1726337814/mzzy.str-sttims-1993-mp3.rar Mazzy Star - Cry, Cry.mp3 http://www.4shared.com/audio/5jaz5Ked/Mazzy_Star_-_Cry_Cry.htm mzzy.str-sh.hngs.brghtly-1990-mp3.rar http://www.filesonic.com/file/1726250084/mzzy.str-sh.hngs.brghtly-1990-mp3.rar mazzy star - happy.mp3 http://www.4shared.com/audio/1idXAHAl/mazzy_star_-_happy.htm Mazzy Star - All Your Sisters.mp3 http://www.4shared.com/audio/Qii2-2BK/Mazzy_Star_-_All_Your_Sisters.html Daft Punk - Around The World (Mazzi RMX).mp3 ...
Definitive Contract 00290199909D290990007 by Department Of Health And Human Services with Health Mgt Consultants Va,inc, Mod 5 ...
Multi-Year Contract Multi-year contracts are contracts for the purchase of supplies or services for more than 1, but not more than 5, program years. Such contracts are issued under specific congressional authority for specific programs. Second and subsequent years may be contingent on the appropriation of funds. ...
In-vivo contract research organization Market to Register Substantial Expansion by 2016 - 2024 : Persistence Market Research |...
The In-vivo contract research organization Market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factor
Contract Research Organization (CRO) - Our Services - ABL, Inc.
ABL is a contract research organization (CRO) providing reliable and quality data for preclinical and clinical immunology and analytical testing services.
Blog - News - Events | Bioanalytical Contract Research Organization (CRO Lab) - Alturas Analytics, Inc.
Alturas Analytics is a premier bioanalytical contract research organization (CRO) providing unmatched quality and customer services to its clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Alturas Analytics focuses on LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS bioanalysis, MicroFlow Liquid Chromatography (MFLC) technique and its applications to small and large molecule bioanalysis.
U.S. Contract Research Organization (CROs) Market to Surpass US$ 25,049.0 Million by 2027 - Coherent Market Insights | Business...
According to Coherent Market Insights, the U.S. contract research organization (CROs) market is estimated to be valued at US$ 12,174.4 million in 2019
XenoGesis Ltd. is a laboratory-based contract research organisation (CRO) specialised in preclinical drug metabolism &...
XenoGesis Ltd. is a laboratory-based contract research organisation (CRO) specialised in preclinical drug metabolism & pharmacokinetics (DMPK), quantitative bioanalysis and expert interpretation.
Contract Research Organizations - DISI
HD Biosciences Co., Ltd. is a Shanghai-based, biology-focused preclinical drug discovery contract research organization (CRO). They do hit identification, hit-to-lead, assay development in major target classes, such as GPCRs, kinases, ion channels and transporters, and in a high-throughput screening format using plate-based platforms. Our screening capabilities span from cell line generation, biochemical, and cell-based functional assays for receptors, enzymes and ion channels in a variety of techniques, including: ...
Difference between revisions of Contract Research Organizations - DISI
HD Biosciences Co., Ltd. is a Shanghai-based, biology-focused preclinical drug discovery contract research organization (CRO). They do hit identification, hit-to-lead, assay development in major target classes, such as GPCRs, kinases, ion channels and transporters, and in a high-throughput screening format using plate-based platforms. Our screening capabilities span from cell line generation, biochemical, and cell-based functional assays for receptors, enzymes and ion channels in a variety of techniques, including ...
Genesis 17 Barnes Notes
The sign of the covenant. And thou. The other party to the covenant now learns his obligation. Every male of you shall be circumcised. Circumcision, as the rainbow, might have been in existence before it was adopted as the token of a covenant. The sign of the covenant with Noah was a purely natural phenomenon, and therefore entirely independent of man. That of the Abrahamic covenant was an artificial process, and therefore, though prescribed by God, was dependent on the voluntary agency of man. The former marked the sovereignty of God in ratifying the covenant and insuring its fulfillment, notwithstanding the mutability of man; the latter indicates the responsibility of man, the trust he places in the word of promise, and the assent he gives to the terms of the divine mercy. As the former covenant conveys a common natural blessing to all mankind and contemplates a common spiritual blessing, so the latter conveys a special spiritual blessing and contemplates its universal acceptance. The ...
Reformed Reasons: Is Chuck Colsons Doing the Right Thing Movement the Right Thing?
Tackett says much of the ethics problem can be linked to the social covenant that we have made with one another. This is a covenant of tolerance in which both sides agree not to direct moral judgments against one another. Hence, the age of a utopian tolerance is born. However, the social covenant is a self-referentially incoherent endeavor. The very idea of a covenant is antithetical to moral neutrality, which is precisely what the covenant seeks to establish. Perhaps we should spend more time confronting this ungodly and irrational strategy than we should contemplating a strategy for an ethical revolution. Tackett tells us that the covenant tells us it is wrong to say something is wrong. But how can you tell someone it is wrong to tell someone that they are wrong without telling them they are wrong? At that point, arent you violating the covenant? Second, Tackett tells us that it is equally wrong to assert that absolute truth exists. But in order for that statement to be meaningful at all, ...
Continuity in Old and NT - The Highway
To say that all physical infants of believers are in the New Covenant as the infants of Abraham were in the Abrahamic and Sinaitic Covenants violates the doctrine of particular redemption. Hebrews 9 reminds us that Gods covenant requires mediation through blood. The Passover Lamb brought physical deliverance for all Israel because all ate it. The Annual Atonement (Lev. 16) was offered on behalf of the whole assembly, all Israel. Of course, these sacrifices could not cleanse the conscience, but their design was for the covenant people of God in the Old Testament. If Christs sacrifice is offered up only for His elect people as the New Covenant in My blood (Lk. 22:20; Mk. 14:24), how can the unregenerate children of believers be said to be in the New Covenant, church, and kingdom without an effectual Mediator? They cannot. Indeed, Heb. 9:15 defines Christ as an effectual Mediator of the New Covenant to insure that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. ...
Perceived psychological contract violation - Wikipedia
Both PPCV and perceived organizational support (POS) are based on the norm of reciprocity. Both POS and PPCV are types of social exchanges and therefore involve implicit obligations, rather than economic exchanges, which involve explicit obligations (Blau, 1964; Emerson, 1972). Perceived organizational support is focused on favorable treatment and the degree to which employees engage in positive reciprocity with the organization, whereas PPCV is focused on unfavorable treatment and the degree to which employees engage in negative reciprocity with the organization. ...
Salient Q&A on the impact of COVID-19 on the labor market in the UAE - Fichte & Co
At first, it is reasonable that in such period companies generally implement telecommuting (distance working) for prevention reasons. As such, the employee may be able to work from the distance and contribute to the organization.. Nevertheless, if an employee is laid off in such period due to alleged absences from work, then such case may account as arbitrary dismissal, difference needed to be made as to the nature of employment contract at issue.. In unlimited employment contracts, such a dismissal would account to a breach of contract on the part of the employer under Art. 122 of the UAE Employment Law: a workers service shall be deemed to be arbitrarily terminated by his employer if the reason for termination is irrelevant to the work.. As absences for extraneous cases, non-attributable to the employee are not related to the employees work (such as restrictions to travel triggered by the COVID 19 pandemic), the lay off in such case would imply compensations payable to the employee, as ...
Appendix Psychological Contract Measures - Oxford Scholarship
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.. Please, subscribe or login to access full text content.. If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.. To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you cant find the answer there, please contact us .. ...
Asia Pacific contracts | Funded contracts from Asia Pacific
Contractsinfo provides a comprehensive list of contracts in Asia Pacific which includes Contracts from Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific Contract Notices, Asia Pacific Bid News, Asia Pacific Global Contract Notices, Asia Pacific Contract and Contracts, Asia Pacific ICB, Asia Pacific Procurement News, Asia Pacific Government Contract, Asia Pacific Public Contracts, Asia Pacific Contracts Online, Asia Pacific Contract News and Asia Pacific Procurement Notices
Smart contracts may offer smart solutions for carriers, truck drivers - FreightWaves
Smart contracts may be a boon for trucking companies and owner-operators, ensuring they are paid for all their activities, and reducing the time it takes to get that payment.
Covenant Health Work Scholarship | Fastweb
The Covenant Health Work Scholarship is available to students at Tennessee Wesleyan College. You must be a majoring in nursing and have made a contractual agreement with the Covenant Health System ...
Review of Biblical Literature
Description: An examination of the relationship between the Davidic covenant and Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants reflected in the editorial shape and shaping of the Masoretic Psalter. Hensley proposes that the editors of the Psalter understood these covenants as a theological unity, whose common fulfilment centres on an anticipated royal successor to David. To test this hypothesis Hensley examines the Psalters references and allusions to covenant(s) in light of editorial evidence. The book is split into three parts. Part I reassesses different kinds of editorial evidence, their implications, and their utility for discerning editorial intent. It also re-evaluates the Qumran Psalms hypothesis championed by Sanders, Wilson, and others. Part II engages in extensive survey work on references and allusions to covenant(s) in the Psalter, assessing the extent to which they gravitate around David. Hensley traces phraseological and intertextual allusions to covenant promises and obligations, providing the ...
Osteoporosis Treatment Options: Covenant HealthCare Michigan | Covenant HealthCare
Looking for more information about Osteoporosis? Our Womens Health specialists with Covenant HealthCare are here to help! Call us at 989.583.0000
Buy Ark Of The Broken Covenant: Protecting The World\\\s Biodiversity Hotspots (Issues In Comparative Public Law) 2003
Neither the dates nor the Supplement opens as articulated advised into the sapiens buy Ark of the Broken Covenant: Protecting the, which just is not back used by Liddell, Scott, Jones, and McKenzie. The form received just Powered by M. Since 1981, it is been identified by P. Glare, person of the Oxford Latin Dictionary( consistently to become processed with Lewis and Short). Since 1988, it is based taken by Glare and Anne A. As the stage Aug of the Lexicon has carry( and the themes to the Engineered file and to the creation do), this scary reference is dispatched involved with the documentation of attractive sciences . The product as allows the security of a nobody of paintings and reviewers to the complex solution, identified by Homo. buy Ark of the Broken Covenant: Protecting the World\s Biodiversity Hotspots (Issues in versus field. page brought to soluble minorities. On a research of web. American Documentalist 19, 85-89. moved by Healthy by constitutional by lights official To E. ...
Necrolord Covenant Rewards in Shadowlands - Guides - Wowhead
Overview of all available rewards for members of the Necrolord Covenant in Shadowlands. Includes a comprehensive of covenant armor, special cloaks, weapons, mounts, achievements and more.
Nuclear Files: Library: Treaties: Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Januray 3, 1976
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural RightsThe States Parties to the present Covenant, Considering that, in accordance with the principles proclaimed in the Charter of the United Nations, recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all the members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in world, Recognizing that these rights derive from the inherent dignity of the human person.
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
1. Any State Party to the present Covenant may propose an amendment and file it with the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The Secretary-General shall thereupon communicate any proposed amendments to the States Parties to the present Covenant with a request that they notify him whether they favour a conference of States Parties for the purpose of considering and voting upon the proposals. In the event that at least one third of the States Parties favours such a conference, the Secretary-General shall convene the conference under the auspices of the United Nations. Any amendment adopted by a majority of the States Parties present and voting at the conference shall be submitted to the General Assembly of the United Nations for approval ...
New Alien: Covenant movie still of Daniels surfaces online! - Alien: Covenant & Sequel Movie News
A new high quality Alien: Covenant movie still has surfaced online, featuring Katherine Waterstons character Daniels as she admires the surrounding landscapes of Parad...
Omnia ad Dei Gloriam: The Sign of the Covenant (Part Six: Some Objections)
Late is such a tricky word. Is 100 years after the disciples too late? Now be careful. I didnt say this is when the practice started. This is the earliest attestation. There is no reason to believe it didnt start with the apostles. Baptists often point to these early sources and say this is when it started. That would be like pointing to the earliest reference to Trinity (Tertullian, late 2nd, early 3rd century) and saying this is when Trinitarianism started. Im going to do a separate post in the coming days dedicated just to the historical evidence for infant baptism. But this is good stuff. We not only have evidence that it occurred. We have the testimony of the Fathers from this very period of the early church that they believed it was connected to circumcision. Did you catch that? The view of Presbyterians that circumcision is the precursor to baptism isnt a new idea. The New Covenant theologians might want you to think it only came along with the advent of Covenant Theology in the ...
Complaint against the UK in re. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights by Lola Heavey - issuu
Issuu is a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs, newspapers, books, and more online. Easily share your publications and get them in front of Issuus millions of monthly readers. Title: Complaint against the UK in re. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Author: Lola Heavey, Name: Complaint against the UK in re. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Length: 86 pages, Page: 1, Published: 2014-05-04
NIH Clinical Center: Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management: Curriculum
Part I - Collaboration. Participants will have the opportunity to learn how to establish collaborations between federal and extramural clinicians as well as the various methodologies for sharing clinical discoveries with the outside medical community. While peer-reviewed publications and presentations at meetings have been efficacious in the past, the passage of the Bayh-Dole, Stevenson-Wydler, and Federal Technology Transfer Acts, all allowed increased incentives to establish collaborative projects between the scientific community and the business community. Participants will learn about the various agreements that govern external collaborations, including material transfer agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, clinical trial agreements, and Cooperative Research And Development Agreements. The opportunity to observe negotiations will be included.. Part II - Inventions. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the patent review process. They will learn basic principles of ...
A Guide To Employment Contracts
An employment agreement is a legal contract between employer and employee that covers the terms and conditions of employment. Here is the complete guide.
Accountability: A Public Law Analysis of Government by Contract - Oxford Scholarship
Many government bodies relate to each other through contracts: government departments and agencies; government departments and the Treasury; National Health Service (NHS) purchasers and NHS Trusts. These internal contracts are not, in general, regulated or enforced by the law. This book explores the practical problems encountered by the parties to internal contracts, drawing on evidence from an empirical case study of NHS contracts. It uncovers difficulties in defining the parties roles; in maintaining good working relationships; and in securing compliance with contractual terms. It then examines the possibility of solving these problems through law. Some commentators, particularly public lawyers, have condemned the laws failure to keep pace with the rise of government by contract, but few have made specific proposals for reform. The book develops an original public law analysis of internal contracts, interpreting them as mechanisms of accountability from service providers to purchasers. It
PREMIER ANESTHESIA DOUBLES THIRD QUARTER EARNINGS PER SHARE; 5 NEW CONTRACTS IN THIRD QUARTER; 2 NEW CONTRACTS THUS FAR IN...
Free Online Library: PREMIER ANESTHESIA DOUBLES THIRD QUARTER EARNINGS PER SHARE; 5 NEW CONTRACTS IN THIRD QUARTER; 2 NEW CONTRACTS THUS FAR IN FOURTH QUARTER by PR Newswire; Business News, opinion and commentary Anesthesiologists Finance Hospitals Contracts
U.S. GAO - GOV Services, Inc.
GOV Services, Inc., a small business of Falls Church, Virginia, protests the decision of the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health (NIH), to award sole-source contract No. HHSN263201700012I for janitorial services to Akima Support Operations (ASO), an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), of Anchorage, Alaska, under the Small Business Administrations (SBA) section 8(a) program. The protester asserts that the award of the contract on a sole-source basis is improper because it violates the SBAs regulations.. We deny the protest.. BACKGROUND. This protest is the sixth challenge to a series of actions taken by NIH related to the award of contracts for janitorial services at the NIHs campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Two contracts are relevant here: (1) the contract that is the subject of this protest, the sole-source contract awarded to ASO in February 2017 pursuant to the SBAs section 8(a) program, referred to by the agency as the bridge contract; and (2) a ...
CEX.IO offers GHS Futures Contracts
(PRWEB) March 14, 2014 -- London, UK - Traders on CEX.IO are now able to trade futures contracts on GHS. The futures contracts are FHA and FHM. FHA is for
Covenant Orientation - ECC | Vocational Ministry
Covenant Orientation allows for the inclusion into the Ministerium of many who would otherwise be unable to receive Covenant ministry credentials. In the past, orientation to ministry in the Evangelical Covenant Church was only available through the year-long residential orientation program at North Park Theological Seminary.. Orientation was designed to provide a way for people who are called to serve within the Covenant Church, but are unable to attend North Park Theological Seminary, to fulfill the orientation requirement for Covenant credentialing.. Covenant Orientation satisfies the orientation requirement for credentialing in the Evangelical Covenant Church set by the Board of the Ordered Ministry. It is simply one step, often the largest step, in the greater credentialing process. To received a license application or more information regarding credentialing, contact your regional conference office.. ...
Consider a career in clinical research - American Nurse Today
Historically, nurses assuming clinical research roles have learned on the job. But the rapidly expanding clinical research environment and its demand for highly trained research professionals have led to numerous graduate and certificate programs in clinical research management. These programs may offer postgraduate certificates or graduate degrees in clinical research management. Many have been developed within nursing schools; others are in schools of health services/sciences. Some of these programs are conducted through distance learning with a modest amount of onsite class time. An Internet search using such key phrases as clinical research management and clinical research management programs is a quick way to find these opportunities. In addition, many continuing education courses are available through employers, professional organizations, and clinical research consulting companies or organizations. Again, Internet searches for study coordinator training or clinical research ...
The impact of legal sanctions on moral hazard when debt contracts are renegotiable?
Downloadable! This research investigates how bankruptcy law influences the design of debt contracts and the investment choice through the sanction of faulty managers. We model a lending relationship between a small firm and a monopolistic bank which decides the loan rate. The firm may perform asset substitution, which is punished by the Law through legal sanctions. These sanctions are implemented in case of costly bankruptcy only. This way of resolving financial distress can be avoided yet, if a private agreement is achieved. First, - when sanctions are high - we show that costly bankruptcy may be preferred by honest firms over private negotiation. Thus costly bankruptcy cannot be avoided under a severe legal environment. However, as the bank internalizes the rules of default, debt contracts are designed so that this situation never happens at equilibrium (
Contract Research Suppliers Directory - Pharmaceutical Business Review
Contract Research Suppliers Directory - List of Contract Research site suppliers from around the world, with a detailed description about their products and services.
Covenant Health bolsters patient services using 3Com enterprise network
Today, using an array of 3Com Gigabit and Fast Ethernet switches at its five hospitals, 45 clinics, and 80 offices, eastern Tennessees largest health care provider delivers a full range of 21st-century health services to better care for its patients.. 3Com lets us keep pace with the latest advances in medical technology, stated Art Jeffords, Covenants network operations supervisor. We have more than enough bandwidth to dispatch medical images, patient records, financial information and other critical data to the appropriate staff without delay. Whats more, our medical staff access this data on demand: at patients bedsides, in doctors lounges and at twice as many desks as before.. Previously, Covenants hospital local area networks (LANs) were based on earlier generation 3Com systems. These systems served the organisation well for several years, but were near capacity and could not support the new centralised medical management applications Covenant needed to standardise its operations. ...
zurich connection: August 2011
When Bullinger treated infant baptism he again dealt with the covenant. Baptism was a sign of the people of God, a covenant sign equivalent to the circumcision of the Old Testament. The covenant made with Abraham was an eternal covenant, and the Anabaptist contention that Christ had established a new covenant, abolishing the old was erroneous. Gods promise that he would be the God of Abraham and his children remained firm after Christ. Since children had been included in the sign of the covenant in the Old Testament, they also were included in baptism, for God would not be less merciful in the New Testament period than He had been in the Old. The covenant was sometimes called new because it had been renewed and confirmed by Christ and because the heathen were now included. Bullinger made several arguments from the New Testament to demonstrate that children were still included in the covenant. Christ said that little children were in the kingdom of God (Mark 10:14), and He referred to children ...
Words of Stephen R. Donaldsons Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Word List | The largest word list archive at LearnThat.org
Skip through these words first, and youll have a better enjoyment of reading these books! Description: The first book in one of the most remarkable epic fantasies ever written, the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever. He called himself Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever because he dared not believe in the strange alternate world in which he suddenly found himself. Yet he was tempted to believe, to fight for the Land, to be the reincarnation of its greatest hero.... THE CHRONICLES OF THOMAS COVENANT THE UNBELIEVER Book One: LORD FOULS BANE Book Two: THE ILLEARTH WAR Book Three: THE POWER THAT PRESERVES. Publisher: Del Rey. Author: Stephen R. Donaldson. Subject: Fantasy, epic. Grade Level: adult, high school. Supporting Link: http://www.gdiproductions.net/srdamd/., LearnThat free online word list resource.
PHARMACEUTICAL MARKET INDIA 2014-2020 : Formulations, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Contract Research and...
PHARMACEUTICAL MARKET INDIA 2014-2020 : Formulations, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Contract Research and Manufacturing Services (CRAMS), Biosimilars, Generics & Vaccines PHARMACEUTICAL MARKET INDIA 2014-2020, Formulations, - Market research report and industry analysis - 8283773
Global Healthcare Contract Research Outsourcing Market to Reach US$65.03 bn by 2018, Globalization of Drug Development to Fuel...
Healthcare Contract Research Outsourcing Market is likely to register a remarkable CACR of 14.70% during the period from 2012 and 2018, this market to rise an estimated value of US$65.03 bn by the end of the forecast period
At-Will Employment - Overview
The at-will presumption is a default rule that can be modified by contract. For example, a contract may provide for a specific term of employment or allow termination for cause only. Typically, U.S. companies negotiate individual employment agreements only with high-level employees. Collective bargaining agreements usually provide that represented employees may only be terminated for cause.. Cause generally includes reasons such as poor employee performance, employee misconduct, or economic necessity. An employment contract may specifically outline the situations or employee actions that would lead to termination for cause. II. Common Law Exceptions to the At-Will Presumption Over the years, courts have carved out exceptions to the at-will presumption to mitigate its sometimes harsh consequences. The three major common law exceptions are public policy, implied contract, and implied covenant of good faith. The at-will presumption is strong, however, and it can be difficult for an employee to ...
Data about these contracts is displayed on this website. Actual contracts are displayed as PDF documents. Some contract data is considered private or protected under state and federal laws. That data will be summarized to provide that privacy while also providing the reader with accurate details. Contracts are updated daily.. Due to the merger of some state agencies, some contracts will have different contract numbers in fiscal year 2015 than in fiscal year 2016 and beyond. Please see the contract cross reference of merged agencies for the contracts involved. Effective July 1, 2015 the following agencies have been merged:. ...
Covenant Wellness Center Health Club in Waterloo, IA 50702
Covenant Wellness Center is a Health Club at 2101 Kimball Avenue, Waterloo, IA 50702. Wellness.com provides reviews, contact information, driving directions and the phone number for Covenant Wellness Center in Waterloo, IA.
The Covenanted Reformation Club
The Covenanted Reformation Club is a place to discuss the True Religion as revealed in Gods Word, set forth in the Westminster Standards, sworn to in the Solemn League and Covenant, and adhered to by the best Reformers, Puritans, and Covenanters, and by those following them as they followed Christ. You need not be a Covenanter to participate. However, this will not be a forum for declaring heretical views or for attacking the Covenanted Reformation or the principles thereof. Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotton(Jeremiah 50:5). SIZE The church on the footing of the covenant of grace enters, as often the church did in Israel, and as did the churches of Macedonia in the apostolic age, into solemn public covenant with Christ, to whom she swears allegiance as her King, Lord and Husband. This is public, ecclesiastical covenanting. On account of this entering into covenant with God, in the National Covenant of Scotland, and in the Solemn League and
Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Covenant HealthCare Michigan | Covenant HealthCare
Looking for more information about our Brain Injury Rehabilitation? Our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialists with Covenant HealthCare are here to help! Call us at 989.583.0000
Covenant Medical Center - Lakeside - Lubbock, TX
Covenant Medical Center - Lakeside in Lubbock, TX - Get directions, phone number, research physicians, and compare hospital ratings for Covenant Medical Center - Lakeside on Healthgrades.
The Holy Bible: New Covenant - Google Books
books.google.comhttps://books.google.com/books/about/The_Holy_Bible_New_Covenant.html?id=NpkXAAAAYAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareThe Holy Bible: New Covenant ...
An insureds perspective on contract risk management | Airmic
When forming a contract, the expectation may be that in the event of a claim your insurers will indemnify. However, it is you (not your insurers) who are forming a contract with your employer/counterparty. If your insurers will not provide an indemnity then you are still liable under contract, your counterparty can claim against you for any losses, and you will need to pay defence costs. The consequences of this could be severe, leading to bankruptcy of the business if the claim is substantial enough.. When reviewing contracts it is important to be aware of the liability issues that hold harmless indemnity clauses can create. It is also vital to be familiar with liquidated damages and contractual extensions as recent court cases have demonstrated.. Indemnity clauses. No insurance policy will cover every eventuality arising under a contact and as such there may be areas of exposure which are not covered by the insurance.. Probably the most onerous clauses appearing in contracts are indemnity ...
There is probably no greater example of the term human capital than a high-priced athlete, whose body will always be in harms way and should be protected from a serious or career-ending injury, particularly if it prevents the next big contract from becoming a reality. Like any successful professional, whether a corporate CEO, high-end surgeon or celebrity TV chef, an athletes greatest asset is the ability to play their sport and work in their occupation.. A sport that seems to define these criteria is basketball. With the National Basketball Association, athletes contracts are guaranteed and relatively iron-clad. Those contracts are also about to head into the stratosphere thanks to a nine-year, $24-billion television deal signed by the NBA in 2014, which will cause the salary cap to rise higher than it ever has. The consensus is that the NBAs salary cap will reach $108 million by the 2017-2018 season, up from $89 million for the 2016-2017 salary caps. The large increases will accelerate ...
Almost Ideal Area Yield Crop Insurance Contracts
Downloadable! Using yield data for a sample of 123 dryland wheat producers in Montana, the effects of three area yield contracts, including the contract currently offered by the United States Federal Crop Insurance Corporation and two individual yield contracts on individual farm yield variability, are examined. The results indicate that while the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation area yield contract provides all farmers in the sample with some protection against yield variability, a simpler, actuarially equivalent almost ideal area yield contract provides substantially larger reductions in yield variability. However, actuarially equivalent individual yield contracts provide levels of protection against yield variability similar to those obtained under the almost ideal area yield contract at much lower premiums.
Incentive-Based Policies for Environmental Management in Developing Countries - IssueLab
Incentive-based instruments use financial means, directly or indirectly, to motivate polluters to reduce the health and environmental risks posed by their facilities, processes, or products. These instruments typically provide monetary and near-monetary rewards for polluting less,and impose costs of various types for polluting more. According to economic theory and modeling exercises, incentive-based instruments such as pollution charges and tradable permits are more cost-effective than traditional forms of regulation. Incentive-based approaches also can address small sources of pollution such as households that are not easily controlled with traditional forms of regulation, as well as provide a reason for polluters to improve performance relative to existing regulatory requirements. Finally, incentive-based forms of regulation can provide a stimulus for technological change and innovation in pollution control.
Willamette Haggadah | Passover Haggadah by Moishe House Portland
Who knows one? At some seders, people go around the table reading a question and the answers in one breath. Thirteen is hard!. Who knows one?. I know one.. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows two?. I know two.. Two are the tablets of the covenant. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows two?. I know two.. Three are the patriarchs. Two are the tablets of the covenant. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows four?. I know four.. Four are the matriarchs. Three are the patriarchs. Two are the tablets of the covenant. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows five?. I know five.. Five are the books of the Torah. Four are the matriarchs. Three are the patriarchs. Two are the tablets of the covenant. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows six?. I know six.. Six are the orders of the Mishnah. Five are the books of the Torah. Four are the matriarchs. Three are the patriarchs. Two are the tablets of the covenant. One is our God in Heaven and Earth. Who knows seven?. I know ...
Public Service Motivation and Work-Related Attitudes of Public Employees: A Comparison between Nigeria and Denmark - Student...
Surrogate Mothers - Archive - California Surrogate Agency
If you do establish that you want to becoming a surrogate mother in Temple City CA, there are some very inflexible essentials that you completely need to take care of. You also need to identify whether you are physically and mentally able to handle all that comes with being a surrogate. When you apply to becoming a surrogate mother in Temple City CA, the criteria are very firm, and any respected association will make sure that you do so.. These qualifications to becoming a surrogate mother in Temple City CA were set by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and are looked at to be a law. While you may not fulfill all of these requirements, you might fulfill some of them and can work toward fulfilling the others- sometimes, an agency will aid you get there.. These practical criteria to becoming a surrogate mother in Temple City CA are as follows:. - You must have at one time had at least one productive pregnancy without problems.. - You are between the ages of 21- 42 years old.. - You ...
QinetiQ North America Awarded Tactical Communications and Services Contract at Department of
MCLEAN, Va., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- QinetiQ North America Awarded Tactical Communications and Services Contract at Department of Homeland Security.
Ireland - Call for legislation to treat surrogate mothers equally - Surrogacy News Daily
A Galway City councillor has called on the Health Minister to consider introducing legislation giving surrogate mothers maternity leave so they are not treated any differently from natural or adoptive parents.. Fine Gael Cllr Padraig Conneely said he is aware of several couples in Galway who have become parents through a surrogacy arrangement abroad.. Surrogacy is a way for a childless couple or individual to have a child, with a surrogate mother carrying the child. The surrogate mother agrees to be artificially inseminated or to have an embryo transferred to her womb in order to become pregnant. She then carries the child to term with the intention of giving custody of the child to the commissioning person or couple.. Read more. ...
COUNCIL APPROVES CONTRACT - Hartford Courant
The council Wednesday night unanimously approved a four-year contract with the firefighters' union that frees the city from an obligation to increase overall staffing but requires the department to move from three-man to four-man fire crews by the year 2000. The contract with Local 992 of the International Association of Firefighters will save the city at least $1 million a year in personnel costs by voiding a minimum-staffing requirement in the union's existing contract, said Michael Foley, a lawyer who negotiated the contract on the city's behalf. Under the current contract, which expired June 30, the fire department was to have a minimum of 158 firefighters. The department now has 143 firefighters. The union had filed grievances against the city to get staffing increased.
Basically the offer and acceptance must match. These must be agreement on all material aspects of the contract.. Legal Obligation Social obligation does not create a legal obligation eg agreeing to meet friends at a cinema. A legal obligation is one which the courts will regard as enforceable. Some patrimonial interest must be involved if the obligation is to be a legal obligation and its terms must not be too vague. Parties There must always be at least two parties to a contract. Distinguish gratuitous and onerous contracts. A contract is bilateral or mutual (2 or more parties). If only one party is under an obligation and the other is required to do nothing. That is known as a gratuitous contract. If both parties are subject to an obligation eg, work for payment that is known as an onerous contract. A gratuitous contract is binding in Scots law. Morton s Trustees v Aged Christian Friend Society of Scotland (1899) 2 F 82. Mr Morton wrote to the charity offering to make ten annual instalments of ...
ᐉ Articles about surrogate motherhood • Surrogacy blog in Ukraine
A lot of information about surrogacy • Feskov Surrogacy Agency Blog • Expert articles about the process and features of surrogate motherhood
The Olivieri story, take three | CMAJ
Many Canadians are familiar with Olivieris confrontation with Apotex, the pharmaceutical firm that funded some of her investigations into L1, the drug that offered thalassemia patients an alternative to the standard - and onerous - treatment with Desferal to manage iron overload. Olivieris difficulties entered the media spotlight with her publication of findings that she and her coauthors believed showed that deferiprone therapy had dangerous side-effects. The subsequent scientific controversy hinged on the interpretation of liver biopsy specimens from several patients and on the authors selection of specimens in their analysis.. Olivieri and one of her colleagues, Gideon Koren, had signed a contract with Apotex that precluded the publication of their findings for up to 3 years unless the company gave consent. Apotex refused to grant permission to publish and threatened legal action in the event of a confidentiality breach. Olivieri forged ahead with publication despite this threat, and ...
Covenant College biology major
Get info about Covenant College biology major. There are accredited nursing certificate programs that can help launch your career, performing a variety of medical services within a hospital setting.
Items where Author is Usikalu, Mojisola - Covenant University Repository
Usikalu, Mojisola and Obembe, Olawole O. and Akinyemi, M. L. and Zhu, J. (2013) Short-Duration Exposure to 2.45 GHz Microwave Radiation Induces DNA Damage in Sprague Dawley Rats Reproductive Systems. African Journal of Biotechnology, 12 (2). pp. 115-122. ISSN 1684-5315 Usikalu, Mojisola and Akinyemi, M. L. (2012) Analysis of Radiation Dose around Some Base Stations in Ota and Lagos Environ. International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences IJBAS-IJENS, 12 (5). pp. 7-12. ISSN 1215804-05-7272 Akinyemi, M. L. and Kayode, J. S. and Usikalu, Mojisola (2011) Investigation of Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) Hot Spots in the College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota. Turk J Phys. pp. 359-362. Usikalu, Mojisola and Aweda, Moses and Wan, J and Ding, Nan (2010) Genotoxic effects of low 2.45 GHz microwave radiation exposures on Sprague Dawley rats. International Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology, 2 (9). pp. 189-197. ISSN ISSN2006-9863 Usikalu, Mojisola and Aweda, Moses and ...
MULTI-BLOCK LAND USE COVENANT Between Phillips Neighborhood and Neighborhood Health Related Organizations | The Alley Newspaper
Covenant: 1. A formal, solemn and binding agreement. 2. A written agreement or promise usually between two or more parties, especially for the performance of
Vote Now to Support Playground for Homeless Kids : Covenant Companion
CHICAGO, IL (May 6, 2011) - Just three-tenths of a percent separate the Jesus People USA Covenant Churchs proposed playground center from qualifying for a $15,000 award to help renovate and upgrade the playground at the churchs homeless shelter.. Five awards will be given as part of a promotion co-sponsored by the KaBOOM! Website and the Dr. Pepper Snapple group, which are funding 103 grants totaling $2.1 million during the next three years as part of Lets Play-a community partnership to get kids active nationwide. The five highest vote-getters will receive awards.. Covenanters are asked to go online and vote to support the playground project - time is of the essence as the deadline for voting ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on May 10. The churchs project at Cornerstone Community Outreach is one of 10 national finalists.. Click here to vote now - first-time visitors are asked to register (free) with the KaBOOM website to be able to vote. And vote each day until the deadline - individuals can vote ...
The Position of the Palestinians in the Israel-Arab Conflict and Their National Covenant (1968) by Harkabi, Yehoshafat:...
AbeBooks.com: The Position of the Palestinians in the Israel-Arab Conflict and Their National Covenant (1968): First edition. Quarto. 35 leafs. Original printed softwrappers. Revised text of a lecture given at Tel-Aviv University on May 18, 1969 in memory of Moshe Haviv, on the Palestinian position in the Arab-Israeli conflict. Yehoshafat Harkabi was a distinguished strategist and one of the worlds foremost authorities on the Arab-Israeli conflict. Harkabis career as a soldier and a scholar spanned the first four and a half decades in Israels history and his writings illuminate the existential dilemma of Jewish survival in an uncommonly harsh and hostile regional environment. Translated by J. Kraemer. Spine sunned and minor creasing and age-toning along edges of wrappers. Wrappers in overall good, interior in very good condition. (Amazon ASIN: B0006C2A0U).
2. Womens Health and Human Rights - Putting it to Good Use: The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights...
Citation: Bogecho, D, Putting it to Good Use: The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and Womens Right to Reproductive Health, 2004
Political Science Quarterly: Winter 2000-01: The Origins and Diffusion of Racial Restrictive Covenants
Michael Jones-Correa explores the diffusion of racial restrictive covenants in the early twentieth century. He argues that while critical events like the 1917-1921 race riots ushered in new racial policies, it was interactions among political actors that helped determine which policy alternatives survived and which withered on the vine. ...
CHM 111 : General Physical Chemistry - Covenant University
Here is the best resource for homework help with CHM 111 : General Physical Chemistry at Covenant University. Find CHM111 study guides, notes, and practice
Our Shared Humanity - The 2017 Covenant Conference - Covenant Network
The story of Presbyterians in America and how we have wrestled issues of inclusion and justice is varied. We have stood for equality in our doctrine and in our practice … sometimes. We have fought for racial justice-and modeled great injustice ourselves. We have led the way in welcoming LGBTQ people while still systematically excluding them from leadership in some places today. We have lifted up the value of diversity, and remain more than 90 percent white.. Our plenary sessions will include presentations by church history professor William Yoo, whose scholarship tracks the history of Presbyterian witness for justice, both at home and in the mission field abroad. Hell lead us in an honest look at our past, asking what it can and should mean for our future.. The Rev. Dr. William Yoo is Assistant Professor of American Religious and Cultural History at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. He is the author of American Missionaries, Korean Protestants, and the Changing Shape of World ...
Hebrews 9-10; KJV - Then verily the first covenant had also - Bible Gateway
Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein
Mixing energy drinks with alcohol: more buzz, more risks - Covenant Hills Addiction Treatment Center
Want to know the impact of mixing energy drinks with alcohol? See what the research is saying and learn about treatment at Covenant Hills.
Covenant Woods, Mechanicsville, VA - Senior Living - AgingCare.com
Photos, reviews and ratings for Covenant Woods in Mechanicsville, VA. Find and compare senior living facilities in Mechanicsville, VA.
Yanmee : Misc (The Full Wiki)
The Yanmee are human sized, insectoid creatures that are covered in natural chitinous body armor, which affords them rather limited protection against modern weaponry. Yanmee typically mount small antigravity devices on their exoskeleton to assist in flight. It seems, like the other Covenant species, that Yanmee share a ranking system from the colored plates of their exoskeletons. They do not interact with other species except to trade and serve in a military capacity and their exact position in the Covenant Hierarchy is relatively unknown, although it is reasonable to believe that they are higher in rank than Grunts and Jackals, but lower in rank than Elites and Brutes. They are usually used as mechanical crews on ships when Engineers are not available, though they arent as effective as the Engineers. In jealousy, they have even killed an Engineer named Lighter Than Some aboard the Covenant vessel Rapid Conversion when the Huragok was assigned all the drones tasks. After the Covenant ...
Korean contracts for Westinghouse - The Engineer The Engineer
South Korea. Westinghouse will also supply technical and engineering support services.. The Westinghouse contracts are with DOOSAN Heavy Industries and Construction Company, and the Korea Power Engineering Company.. The two Advanced Pressurised Reactor 1400 (APR 1400) plants - Shin Kori 3 & 4 - will be owned and operated by the Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Company (KHNP), a subsidiary of Korea Electric Power Corporation. The role of Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Company on the new projects is overall project management of licensing, procurement and construction, as well as start-up and plant operations.. At the contract signing ceremony, Jim Fici, senior vice president, Westinghouse Customer Relations & Sales, said: We are here today to begin the next era of the Korean Nuclear Industry. In beginning this APR 1400 design generation, Korea helps the world transition to Generation III designs and proves Korean design and construction capability.. The scope of work to be performed by Westinghouse ...
Surrogate mother: exactly what you need know become make hopes and dreams come true - Seo Features
We perceive the significance from the suitable match, and we are very pleased of our Matching Issues approach that focuses on the connection among a surrogate and also intended mum or dad. Our working experience has confirmed that matching does subject. The best match lays the inspiration for the entire surrogate mother technique, ensuing in a powerful and smooth engagement for you surrogate mother. Our matching methodology comprises basic steps which could help save time and stress to suit your needs and to the intended moms and dads. Other organizations, by means of less refined surrogate mother price pre-screening methods, can walk out surrogates and meant mothers and fathers inside of a holding pattern until such time as a fertility clinic approves the match for being pregnant. Considering the fact that all surrogate candidates implementing preliminarily screened, our solution is a single phase forward. We noticeably shorten the timeline and boost the possibilities for your incredible match ...
Medical & Surgical Instruments, Equip & Supplies - $809,703,415 in Defense Contracts by Product/Service for 2007- Government...
Medical & Surgical Instruments, Equip & Supplies - $809,703,415 in Defense Contracts by Product/Service for 2007- Government Contracts, Government Contracts,Defense Contracts,Federal Government Contracts,Weapons Systems,Products,Services,Claimant Program,United States Government Contract Awards,Federal Business
Medical & Surgical Instruments, Equip & Supplies - $809,703,415 in Defense Contracts by Product/Service for 2007- Government...
Medical & Surgical Instruments, Equip & Supplies - $809,703,415 in Defense Contracts by Product/Service for 2007- Government Contracts, Government Contracts,Defense Contracts,Federal Government Contracts,Weapons Systems,Products,Services,Claimant Program,United States Government Contract Awards,Federal Business
"Contracts." Flight International, 24 February 2004. P-1&C-X project reference paper[permanent dead link] p. 13. in TRDI Defense ... In May 2005, the IHI Corporation received a contract for an additional seven XF-7 test engines from the JDA following the ... "Contracts." Flight International, 18 May 2004. Minnick, Wendell. "Honeywell to Outfit Japan P-1 Maritime Aircraft." Defense ...
... law.jrank.org/pages/9603/Quasi-Contract.html Quasi Contract Second Restatement of Contracts Sec. 74 Restatement of Restitution ... However, certain legal jurisdictions provide for an implied-by-law contract, called a quasi-contract, that exists solely for ... In general, in order for a contract to exist, there must be mutual consent among all parties. In the case of an officious ... Therefore, no contract was made, and the intermeddler has no legal recourse to claim compensation. ...
Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences of History Institute
". "Contracts". "AMEA Tarix İnstitutunun beynəlxalq əlaqələri genişlənir". ...
MV Virginian (T-AK 9205)
This contract, number N00033-97-C-3007, was a $23,592,099 time charter contract from the Military Sealift Command to operator ... The contract includes options, which, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value of this contract to $39,814,000. If ... This was a $10,614,000 firm-fixed-price contract plus reimbursables for the Virginian. The ship was contracted to carry ... U.S. Department of Defense, 1997, Contracts. American Maritime Officers, 2003. U.S. Department of Defense, 2007, Contracts. " ...
... and contracts, Washington: G.P.O., 1882. Laws of the United States relating to the construction of bridges over navigable ... contracts; disbursing officers; execution of laws; harbor improvements; miscellaneous subjects; obstruction to navigation; ...
Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin
"Contracts." Archived 22 December 2015 at the Wayback Machine Flight International, 38 April 2003. p. 18. "UK special forces add ... "Kuwait Police engineering contract". Helihub.com. 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 27 June 2012. Retrieved 6 ...
Published Price to Dealer
It is often used in recording industry contracts as a basic figure for defining royalty shares. Richard James Burgess (2002). ... Nigel Parker (2004). "Contracts". Music Business. Sweet & Maxwell. p. 252. ISBN 9780421899308.. ...
Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) (1998-09-16). "Contracts for Wednesday September 16, 1998". Contracts. ... This contract, serviced by the Geysir, is expected to be completed by 29 February 2012, and was a 100 percent Small Business ... In addition to the almost non-stop succession of challenges related to the contracts on the U.S.-Iceland run, Rainbow Hope was ... Rainbow won an $11 million contract to carry 70% of the cargo on the route, and immediately began to work the route under ...
2); the contract of 1595 between the town hall and Jewish elders on the matter of Jewish participation in the fortification of ... contracts; antisemitic assaults; and documents about internal Jewish organisation. The last chapter deals with the Jewish ...
In pari delicto
Brian A. Blum, Amy C. Bushaw (2017). Contracts; Cases, Discussion and Problems, Wolters Kluwer, ISBN 9781454887140. "SEC v. Lee ...
Bloomfield railway station
"CONTRACTS". Belfast Telegraph. 10 May 1879. p. 2. Retrieved 17 December 2016 - via the British Newspaper Archive. Belfast and ...
Contracts". Illawarra Daily Mercury. New South Wales, Australia. 6 January 1953. p. 8. Retrieved 17 March 2016 - via National ... And that's what he did." In early January 1953 McGregor and Sedgman signed a contract to join Jack Kramer's professional tour. ...
"Contracts". British Telecom Journal. 7 (2): 69. July 1986. Retrieved 17 November 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link ... but policy disagreements had led to the relationship being limited to Acorn supplying BBC Micro boards to Torch under contract ...
Racket (programming language)
Racket's contract system is inspired by the Design by Contract work for Eiffel and extends it to work for higher-order values ... For example, an object that is checked by a contract can be ensured to make contract checks when its methods are eventually ... "Contracts". "Threads". "Futures". "Places". Flatt, Matthew (2012). "Creating Languages in Racket". Communications of the ACM. ... Strickland, T.S.; Fellesisen, Matthias (2010). "DLS 2010: Contracts for First-Class Classes" (PDF). Bonnaire-Sergeant, Ambrose ...
Francis Williamson (architect)
"Contracts". Nottinghamshire Guardian. England. 22 December 1853. Retrieved 11 February 2018 - via British Newspaper Archive. ...
Alfred Newman (architect)
"CONTRACTS". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 16 August 1910. p. 10. Retrieved 31 August 2012. CS1 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "CONTRACTS". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 1 August 1911. p ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "CONTRACTS". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 16 August 1910. ...
Folding-Fin Aerial Rocket
Contracts. // Missiles and Rockets, May 18, 1959, v. 5, no. 20, p. 60. Baraniuk, Chris (15 August 2016). "The runaway drone ...
UNSW Faculty of Law
Year 3: Contracts; Administrative Law; Equity & Trusts; Lawyers, Ethics and Justice; and four non-law courses. Year 4: Land Law ... Year 3: Contracts; Lawyers, Ethics and Justice; Court Process, Evidence & Proof; Equity & Trusts; Administrative Law; and three ... Contracts; Lawyers, Ethics & Justice. Year 2: Law in the Global Context; Resolving Civil Disputes; Equity & Trusts; ...
Holohan murder case
... contracts; salaries; press report of House Armed Services Committee investigation of Holohan's death, May 1945-June 1948. " ...
Windy City Heat
"Contracts". Retrieved 4 May 2018. "Shrink Rap". Retrieved 4 May 2018. "Auditions". Retrieved 4 May 2018. "The Mattress King". ...
Louth v Diprose
... , is an Australian contract law and equity case, in which unconscionable conduct is considered. Solicitor Louis ... Louth v Diprose remains an important case in Australian contract law and equity and extending the scope of unconscionable ... Accordingly, it is taught in most, if not all, Australian law schools as part of introductory, substantive contracts, and ... "Part VI - Unconscionable Dealing" (PDF). Contracts. Student at Law (26 May 2007). "Topic 2 - The Conscience of Equity". Student ...
Platform screen doors
"Contracts". Sha Tin to Central Link. MTR Corporation. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2015. " ... "Alstom Wins Mumbai Metro Line-4's Signaling & PSD Contract". The Metro Rail Guy. 19 April 2021. Retrieved 21 April 2021. " ... Shah, Narendra (10 December 2018). "Alstom signs signallling, PSD & Telecom contract of Mumbai Metro Line 3". Metro Rail News. ... "Sofia awards metro contract to Siemens and Newag". International Railway Journal. 15 March 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2019. " ...
Howard University School of Law
First year students at Howard Law are required to take courses on civil procedure; constitutional law; contracts; criminal law ...
Contracts. // Missiles and Rockets, June 5, 1961, v. 8, no. 23, p. 46. Names in the news. // Missiles and Rockets, September 14 ... Contracts and procurements. // Missiles and Rockets, November 23, 1964, v. 15, no. 21, p. 38. Helping to guarantee a vital " ...
On August 14, 2017, ManTech was awarded a $180 million contract, with full potential value of $450 million including contract ... The cost-plus contract has a 1-year base period and 9 option years, valued at $407 million. On October 8, 2015, The Defense ... This cost-plus-fixed-fee contract has two base years and three 1-year options with a value of approximately $32 million. On May ... On July 25, 2017, ManTech announced an $80.3 million contract with the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command Naval Air Warfare Center ...
Contracts; Corporate; Dispute Resolution & Litigation; Employment & Pensions; Energy & Renewables; EU law; Family law; Planning ...
2008 Arkansas Razorbacks football team
Petrino's contract with Arkansas is a five-year deal worth $2.85 million per year in annual compensation. Petrino hired Bobby ... "Salaries & Contracts". Coaches Hot Seat. Archived from the original on 2014-10-01. Retrieved 2008-01-27. "Bobby Allen Named to ... "Bobby Petrino's Arkansas Contract" (PDF). University of Arkansas. Coaches Hot Seat. 2007-12-11. Archived from the original (PDF ...
... he was immediately offered a three-year contract at former club Port Vale. He signed the contract within days, saying it was ... He signed the contract the following month. After eleven players left the club in 2014, Adams rebuilt for the 2014-15 campaign ... At the end of the campaign he signed a new three-year contract. "I have a lot of respect for Micky Adams, who has proved ... "Contracts latest". Noodls. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2013. "Stop the trash talk and let me manage, says Micky Adams". ...
Hoskins' share of the contract was worth around £500,000. The contract for the pipeline in Western Australia stipulated that ... As part of the rescue deal, C & C Hoskins took over Sandford's contract to supply the iron and steel needs of the New South ... A breakthrough came when they began to win contracts for the Sydney water supply mains. This was to provide a steady flow of ... "BIG PIPE CONTRACT". Sunday Times (Sydney, NSW : 1895 - 1930). 18 September 1898. p. 8. Retrieved 29 May 2020. "COOLGARDIE PIPE ...
Capacity in English law
As a general rule, a minor is not bound by contracts he makes, though the adult party whom he contracts with is. Once a minor ... This rule is subject to several types of contracts which a minor will be bound by, and his right to repudiate such contracts. ... Although it is clear that contracts for necessaries can legally bind minors, the terms of such a contract may defeat it. Where ... Here, a girl of 14 contracted with a professional dancer, to become their apprentice. The contract stated that the girl could ...
Contracts | Funding | CDC
Find information about the use of contracts to acquire goods and services for the use and benefit of the Centers for Disease ... Key CDC Contracting staff to attend the National Contract Management Association World Congress Event in July 7/12/2018 9:02:00 ... Contracts definition. Contracts refer to a mutually binding legal relationship obligating the seller to furnish the supplies or ... Visit the Contracting Opportunities page for information on accessing and applying for CDC contracting opportunities ...
Contracts House - Wikipedia
The Contracts House received its name because the citys contracts were signed there. It is located on the Kontraktova Square, ... The Contracts House was envisioned as part of an ensemble, which would include the post office, the magistrates quarters, and ... The Contracts House (Ukrainian: Контрактовий будинок) is a trade building in the Podil neighborhood of Kyiv, the capital of ... However, only the Contracts House was constructed. The front and western façades of the building features Doric order columns, ...
Hockey contracts - Wikipedia
A two-way contract is a professional sports contract which stipulates that an athletes salary is dependent upon the league in ... An Amateur tryout (ATO) contract exists in the NHL, the AHL and the ECHL. This type of contract is for players who are leaving ... A Professional tryout (PTO) contract exists in the AHL and NHL. In the AHL, this type of contract is limited to 25 games. Teams ... A one-way contract means that the player is paid the same amount of money regardless of whether he plays in the National Hockey ...
Pentagon Agency's Contracts Reviewed
The contract went to MZM Inc., a company run by Mitchell J. Wade, who recently pleaded guilty to conspiring to bribe Cunningham ... Officials said CIFAs contracting is under review by federal prosecutors as they continue to investigate the Cunningham ... Burtt has said that about 70 percent of CIFAs funding is contracted out and that his agency may soon absorb the Defense ... In late 2002, Cunningham made the contract for Wades company, MZM, one of "his top priorities" in the defense appropriations ...
Funding Allocations | Contracts | CDC
Additional summary statistics for CDCs contract funding are provided below.. CIO. # of Actions. Sum of Contract Dollars. ... produced the highest number of contract actions; however, the majority of contract spending was through the National Center for ... In fiscal year (FY) 2019, OFR processed 10,609 contract actions that totaled $5.7 billion. The table below shows how CDC ... contracts are allocated among CDCs centers, institute, and offices (CIOs). The National Institute of Occupational Safety and ...
Code Contracts - Microsoft Research
Code Contracts is now Open Source!. Code Contracts is now an open source project in GitHub. This page is being kept for ... Contracts are expressed using static method calls at method entries. Tools take care to interpret these declarative contracts ... Code Contracts Static Checker (22 December 2009) Also available in Italian!. *Code Contracts and Pex (23 April 2009) Also ... Code Contracts provide a language-agnostic way to express coding assumptions in .NET programs. The contracts take the form of ...
Athlete contracts | Hosted
Latest Athlete contracts News. New Rams DT AShawn Robinson out with non-football injury. Aug. 9, 2020 4:20 PM EDT ... So, he was counting on two things in the offseason: laying low and signing a big contract. George Floyds fatal arrest changed ... AP) - Working out a new contract with the San Francisco 49ers wasnt the only thing Raheem Mostert had to do before deciding ... AP) - The San Francisco 49ers have signed defensive lineman Dion Jordan to a one-year contract. The Niners announced the deal ...
Contracts & Risk - - Groninger Custom Homes
Contracts & Risk - posted Jan 29, 2016, 3:17 AM by Keith Groninger [ updated Jan 29, 2016, 3:18 AM ] Essentially there are two ... While our contract is fee-based, it features a guaranteed maximum price and also offers incentive to save money and share the ... Also known as a Lump Sum agreement, with a Fixed Price contract, the Builder agrees to perform the work for an established ... Often associated with competitive bidding, the Fixed Price contract is usually awarded to the low bidder; or the Builder that ...
CONTRACTS AWARDED - The Washington Post
... civilian and contract uses. The contract is a renewal of work the company has been performing for the Army Tank-Automotive and ... of Fairfax won a five-year, $10.5 million contract to provide information technology services to the Air Force Deputy Chief of ... of Baltimore won a $2.4 million contract from the Air Force for management and operation of the Air Force Publishing and ... of Reston won a five-year, $28.9 million contract from the Army to provide management and network engineering support for local ...
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts - Wikipedia
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts is a tactical shooter video game developed and published by CI Games. It is the fifth entry of ... Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts is developed by CI Games, which is the developer of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series. It focuses ... Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts uses the CryEngine video game engine by Crytek, which is the same engine of Sniper: Ghost ... It features new "contract tokens", that come from main objectives, "challenge tokens" that can be acquired by accomplishing ...
Contract and delict are part of the civil law. What is a contract?. A contract is an agreement between parties having the ... Parties There must always be at least two parties to a contract. Distinguish gratuitous and onerous contracts. A contract is ... Not all contracts are required to be in writing. A contract may be defined as. An agreement which creates or is intended to ... Formalities required for contract. General rule- Scots Law does not require any special formality in the making of a contract. ...
Contracts, Credibility, and Disinflation
... Stanley Fischer. NBER Working Paper No. 1339 (Also Reprint No. r0706). Issued in ... This paper sets out a simple contracting model of wage and output determination and uses it to calculate sacrifice ratios for a ... Under this assumption disinflation with a structure of labor contracts like those of the United States would be less costly ... "Contracts, Credibility and Disinflation." Inflation and Unemployment: Theory, Experience and Policy Making, edited by Victor ...
Research and Development Contracts
EPLex - Cameroon - Employment contracts
Are not renewable contracts concluded for the execution of a specified task and contract which termination is subject to the ... Are not renewable contracts concluded for the execution of a specified task and contract which termination is subject to the ... Are not renewable contracts concluded for the execution of a specified task and contract which termination is subject to the ... Are not renewable contracts concluded for the execution of a specified task and contract which termination is subject to the ...
EPLex - Armenia - Employment contracts
Upon the expiration of the employment contract with a definite term the term of validity of the employment contract may be ... 95 LC regulates fixed-term contracts of employment. Art. 101 LC provides the possibility to conclude a contract of employment ... 95 LC regulates fixed-term contracts of employment. Art. 101 LC provides the possibility to conclude a contract of employment ... 95 LC regulates fixed-term contracts of employment. Art. 101 LC provides the possibility to conclude a contract of employment ...
The $568 million contract for support work will go to contracting giant KBR under an existing sole-source contract raising ... With Eye on Exit, Military Awards Massive Iraq Contract (May 11, 2010). The US Army has reversed a decision to have three ... Contracts signed between the US Defense Department and two private security companies, Aegis Defence Services and Erinys Iraq, ... According to the Center, the recipients of contracts worth up to US$20 billion have only been identified by the US Defense and ...
CEX.IO offers GHS Futures Contracts
The futures contracts are FHA and FHM. FHA is for ... Traders on CEX.IO are now able to trade futures contracts on ... The futures contracts are FHA and FHM. FHA is for contracts that expire in April, while FHM contracts will expire in May. These ... As an introduction to futures contracts for GHS, contracts valued at 2 Ph/s in total will be available. These futures contracts ... but its important to note that the futures contracts will not provide any profits through block rewards until the contract has ...
Contract attorney - Wikipedia
A contract attorney is a lawyer who works on legal cases on a contract basis. Such work is generally of a temporary nature, ... Contract legal assistant. Main article: Paralegal. A law firm may, under certain circumstances, hire a freelance ... A contract attorney is. An attorney temporarily hired by the law office for a specific job or period. When the job or period is ... In other situations, a law firm may, due to a conflict of interest, be required to hire a contract attorney as Cumis counsel in ...
UK Cyberman Contracts Computer Virus
Changing Employment Contracts - CBS News
It should not be confused with a contract employee: someone either self-employed or employed by a third party who contracts ... An employment contract is an agreement between an employer and employee, which may in some cases, also be tied to an existing ... You Use a Contract of Employment as a Means for Dismissal. If your reason for developing or revising employment contracts is to ... It should not be confused with a contract employee: someone either self-employed or employed by a third party who contracts ...
Retractable and Speculative Contracts | SpringerLink
Behavioral contracts come naturally equipped with a notion of compliance: when a client and a... ... Behavioral contracts are abstract descriptions of the communications that clients and servers perform. ... Behavioral contracts come naturally equipped with a notion of compliance: when a client and a server follow compliant contracts ... Hüttel, H., et al.: Foundations of session types and behavioural contracts. ACM Comput. Surv. 49(1), 3:1-3:36 (2016)CrossRef ...
New Consultant Contracts | The BMJ
A Guide To Employment Contracts
An employment agreement is a legal contract between employer and employee that covers the terms and conditions of employment. ... A business contract is a legally binding agreement between two or more parties, but do you the essential parts of any business ... An employment agreement is a legal contract between employer and employee that covers the terms and conditions of employment.. ... Have a question about employee contracts? Connect with a SCORE mentor online or in your community today! ...
Teacher Contracts, Student Needs (Opinion)
The problem of adequate funding for public education isnt an issue of teacher contracts. It is a federal and state problem. ... Lets start with the word "negotiated." Every union contract is an agreement made between the school district and the union. In ... So now we find out that teacher-negotiated teacher contracts are really "adult entitlements." The latest diatribe proclaiming ... Her erroneous theme is that negotiated teacher contracts are too expensive and serve as roadblocks to quality education. ...
No Poaching Contracts
It is a default belief that its a contract; its got your name on it, and that appears to encourage them actually to turn down ... "Thats a contract that would protect training investments but it wouldnt necessarily hinder the employee [from leaving], ... He noted that "a non-compete agreement might be buried several pages into a hiring contract," and employees may not read those ... Most people dont bother reading their contracts thoroughly. But, employees should also be free to accept a lower wage rate for ...
Contracts & Innovation - Research
Equilibrium Incentive Contracts
Firms offer wage contracts that optimally trade off effort and wage costs. As a result, employed workers enjoy rents, which in ... We then apply the model to explain the recent increase in performance-pay contracts. Within our model, this can be explained by ... We show that the incentive power of the equilibrium wage contract is constrained socially efficient in the absence of ... Keywords: Incentives; Contracts; Unemployment; efficiency; Other versions of this item:. *Moen, Espen R & Rosén, Åsa, 2003. " ...
Contracts & Procurement | DPA
Additionally, the Unit manages and administers all contracts for the Department.. Contact:. Joshua Benn, Director of Contracts ... If you are looking for information about statewide accounts and/or contracts, please contact the Office of the State Controller ... The Unit is responsible for posting, evaluating, awarding of all solicitations and the drafting of all contracts. The Unit ... Contracts Division or Central Collections Services website at www.colorado.gov/osc. ...
2019Baseball's worst contractsLook at baseball'sProcurementComplianceWageHong Kong2001ReutersIndefinite deliveryRestrictGovernment contractsUnfair contract termsCloudLucrative contractsNaval Sea SysFirmsCommitmentContentSuspendEmployersDefenseEmployeesTerminationMainOfficialsCompile-timeNegotiationEmploymentServicesDevelops1986CDC'sLabor contractsFutures contractsConsumer contractsConstruction ContractsBilateralBusinessManufacturingComplyNavyBreachExtensionsAdvantagesLong-termReviewLifecycleEnsures2000PenaltyOffseasonCompetitivelyDurationWorkTimeTermsTypesAgreementsPaceUnion's
- In FY 2019, the Office of Acquisition Services (OAS) processed 10,609 contract actions. (cdc.gov)
- In fiscal year (FY) 2019, OFR processed 10,609 contract actions that totaled $5.7 billion. (cdc.gov)
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts was released worldwide for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 22 November 2019, when the game was only single-player mode available. (wikipedia.org)
- STOCKHOLM , Oct. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Urkund, a Swedish technology firm with expertise in text analysis powered by machine learning, was recently awarded the nationwide contract to supply all universities in India with plagiarism prevention software. (prnewswire.com)
- A G4S spokesman said: 'Our existing asylum seeker accommodation contracts will end in August 2019 and we remain committed to delivering them to a high standard until the new service providers assume the contracts later this year. (telegraph.co.uk)
- KARACHI: Large scale manufacturing (LSM) contracted 10.3 percent for the first 11 months of the last fiscal year of 2019/20 as most of the industrial activities witnessed sharp decline during the period, official data showed on Tuesday. (com.pk)
- Restrictions on the use of project-based - or fixed-term - contracts in Chile took effect on 1 Jan 2019, with the wage multiplier for mandated severance payments increasing gradually to 2.5 times a worker's daily wage by 2022. (mercer.com)
Baseball's worst contracts1
- For a player to have negative trade value and thus one of baseball's worst contracts, he needs to be a burden to his current team and unattractive to the rest of the league. (grantland.com)
Look at baseball's2
- For information on doing business with the State or collections , visit the Office of the State Controller, Procurement & Contracts Division or Central Collections Services website at www.colorado.gov/osc . (colorado.gov)
- Create, execute, and manage procurement contracts more efficiently throughout the contract lifecycle. (oracle.com)
- Oracle Procurement Contracts Cloud enables you to standardize contracts and enforce business policies using preapproved clause libraries, templates, and approval workflows. (oracle.com)
- The Division of Acquisition and Cooperative Support (DACS) provides general policy guidance for contracts and procurement through its Contracts Branch . (nsf.gov)
- Number 10 said the government backed a living wage and "would encourage business to take it up" but warned Labour's plans to restrict government contracts in this way could breach EU procurement law. (bbc.co.uk)
- Since 1993 NASPO ValuePoint has been the cooperative purchasing arm of NASPO (the National Association of State Procurement Officials) encouraging, fostering and guiding the nation's most significant public contract cooperative. (vmware.com)
- Solve the most difficult contract management problems on an easy-to-use platform that accelerates contracting velocity and improves compliance. (microsoft.com)
- Accelerate contracting velocity and improve compliance with enterprise-wide contract management. (microsoft.com)
- The investigation was undertaken in response to the Fair Trading Act 1986 amendments that came into force in March 2015, equipping the ComCom with the ability to investigate unfair contract terms and enforce compliance by commencing proceedings under Section 46H of the Act. (zdnet.com)
- Templates prepopulated with terms and conditions ensure that contracts enforce supplier compliance. (oracle.com)
- As the authors acknowledge, one limitation of their study is that they were not able to evaluate contract compliance and so could not determine whether entering into longer contracts helped people to form long-term exercise habits. (nber.org)
- Prepares and issues Request for Proposal (RFP) to out-source… Recommends vendor selection and monitors compliance to vendor contract commitment. (glassdoor.com)
- This paper sets out a simple contracting model of wage and output determination and uses it to calculate sacrifice ratios for a disinflation program, under the assumption that announced policy changes are immediately believed. (nber.org)
- Alternatives such as "training repayment contracts" could be explored, and greater wage transparency could be achieved, said Evan Starr , assistant professor of management and organization at the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland. (upenn.edu)
- Firms offer wage contracts that optimally trade off effort and wage costs. (repec.org)
- We show that the incentive power of the equilibrium wage contract is constrained socially efficient in the absence of unemployment benefits. (repec.org)
- OSD ensures that all Statewide Contracts comply with prevailing wage requirements, as applicable, regardless of the dollar amount. (mass.gov)
- Whitehall contracts would only go to firms paying the living wage, while those who paid less could be "named and shamed", said the Labour leader. (bbc.co.uk)
- Downing Street backed firms paying a living wage, but said restricting contracts in this way could be illegal. (bbc.co.uk)
- As part of its policy review Labour is looking at ways of making the living wage the new norm, including naming and shaming companies who do not pay the wage and introducing rules forcing government contracts to only be given to those firms who pay it. (bbc.co.uk)
- Under the contract, firefighters would receive wage increases of 2.5 percent the first year, 2.25 percent the second year and 2.5 percent in each of the last two years. (courant.com)
- Workers employed on a project-based contract of at least one month that ends early will be entitled to a severance payment of 2.5 times their daily wage for each full month of work, or partial month exceeding 15 days. (mercer.com)
- China and PRC mean the People s Republic of China excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan for purposes of this Contract. (sec.gov)
- HONG KONG - China's manufacturing sector contracted in July at the quickest pace since last summer, according to the early reading of a survey released on Wednesday. (nytimes.com)
- This special report by the Center for Public Integrity reveals that at least nine of the thirty members of the Defense Policy Board have ties to companies that have won more than $76 billion in defense contracts in 2001 and 2002. (globalpolicy.org)
- CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. health officials are investigating the mysterious case of a person in Utah who contracted Zika while caring for an elderly man infected with the virus who died last month. (reuters.com)
- JAKARTA, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Indonesia's mining ministry on Wednesday signed amended contracts with 18 coal mining companies, including PT Adaro Indonesia, as part of a shift towards a new mining permit system it expects to boost government revenues. (reuters.com)
- PSN ) was awarded a $178 million , five-year indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) contract by the Intelligence Community (IC). (prnewswire.com)
- Seemann Composites Incorporated, Gulfport, Miss., is being awarded a $74,195,087 cost-plus-fixed-fee completion, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity modification to previously awarded contract (N00167-07-D-0007) for a Phase III Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) effort entitled "Non-Autoclave Composite Systems for Submerged Marine Components. (globalsecurity.org)
- M. A. Mortenson Co., Minneapolis, Minn., is being awarded $19,174,267 for Task Order JM01, Modification 07 (third increment of FY 2007 Base Realignment and Closure funding) under previously awarded indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity multiple award construction contract (N62472-01-D-0077) for the design and construction of a hangar and aircraft parking apron at Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville. (globalsecurity.org)
- However, some employment contracts restrict the employer's termination rights by, for example, stating that you can be fired only for specified reasons (like committing financial malfeasance) or that you can be fired only for good cause. (lawyers.com)
- Existing long-term government contracts are too unwieldy to allow adequate responses to rapidly evolving cyberthreats, according to U.K. Office of Cyber Security. (zdnet.com)
Unfair contract terms2
- In addition, many of the past complaints we had received about unfair contract terms related to telecommunications contracts. (zdnet.com)
- EU consumer protection legislation dealing with Business-to-Consumer contractual issues such as the right of withdrawal, legal guarantee and unfair contract terms. (europa.eu)
- The cloud is changing contract management, what companies are trying to do to make contract management easier, and who is leading the pack. (microsoft.com)
- Provider of enterprise contract management in the cloud, solves the hardest manufacturing contract management problems. (microsoft.com)
- Welcome to VMware's NASPO ValuePoint Cloud Solutions Contract (Contract). (vmware.com)
- Through this Contract, we are pleased to offer our portfolio of products for customers to build and manage all cloud deployment models (private, community, public and hybrid). (vmware.com)
Naval Sea Sys2
- Northrop Grumman Systems Corp. of Annapolis won a $6 million contract from the Naval Sea Systems Command for design and development of the Shipboard Protection System. (washingtonpost.com)
- The Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, D.C., is the contracting activity (N00024-07-C-2309). (globalsecurity.org)
- Washington has also retaliated against countries opposing the war by excluding their firms from major reconstruction contracts. (globalpolicy.org)
- Large firms have learned that contract attorneys can perform this work much more cost effectively than high-priced associates. (wikipedia.org)
- Many contract, or freelance, attorneys perform legal research , draft legal briefs , and provide a full range of other services to law firms of all sizes. (wikipedia.org)
- Some people who hold juris doctor degrees, but who are awaiting bar admission , work as temporary professionals in law firms doing the same type of work as contract attorneys. (wikipedia.org)
- However, they also develop long-lasting relationships with firms that regularly or semi-regularly send work to the contract attorney. (wikipedia.org)
- Many small firms find that the use of contract attorneys provides them the flexibility to grow their business without hiring salaried employees. (wikipedia.org)
- According to the American Bar Association , law firms can add a surcharge to the fees of their contract attorneys so long as the final fee charged to the client is reasonable. (wikipedia.org)
-  Particularly in a slowing economy, the use of contract attorneys gives firms a competitive edge in the marketplace, helping them to control costs while increasing profitability. (wikipedia.org)
- From 1984 to 1987, the district did not award any construction contracts to minority firms. (sun-sentinel.com)
- While the Agile Manifesto says 'Customer collaboration over contract negotiation', contracts are a reality for many developers and firms. (infoq.com)
- The Indian locomotive industry has a huge potential and German firms are bidding for contracts in areas including consultancy services and logistics cooperation," said Joachim Winter, project director, DLR. (hindustantimes.com)
- Start by answering the following questions-perhaps along with a committee made up of members from across the breadth of your organization: What in your organization, or industry, has changed enough recently to warrant your making this commitment, or upgrade, to employment contracts? (cbsnews.com)
- In Committing to Exercise: Contract Design for Virtuous Habit Formation (NBER Working Paper 16624 ), researchers Jeremy Goldhaber-Fiebert , Erik Blumenkranz , and Alan Garber conduct a randomized controlled trial to explore the effect of nudges and anchoring on the exercise commitment contracts individuals enter into using a web-based contract creation tool ( www.stickk.com ). (nber.org)
- The authors also randomly assign some users to see a notice informing them that those who agreed to pay a financial penalty for failing to live up to their contract are more successful at fulfilling their commitment. (nber.org)
- They conclude, "to the extent that longer contracts increase long-term exercise habit formation, carefully designed default values can lead users towards selecting exercise commitment contracts with lengths optimal for addressing sedentary lifestyles. (nber.org)
- After seeing a steady decline in net long positions for the last 10 weeks, large speculators finally reversed course and added silver contracts in the most recent Commitment of Traders (COT) report. (newsmax.com)
- The first step encompasses the content of the contract on a broad level. (wikipedia.org)
- CorpWatch, Global Exchange, Public Citizen recommend that the US government suspend its contract with Bechtel to reconstruct Iraq. (globalpolicy.org)
- From an employer's point of view, employees who work without an employment contract do not necessarily have any allegiance to their employers and could defect to a competitor taking their previous employer's secrets with them without that employer having any legal recourse. (cbsnews.com)
- The problem is compounded by the fact that employees of franchisees typically are not aware of no-poaching contracts their employers have with franchisors, and have not given their consent to them. (upenn.edu)
- Officials said CIFA's contracting is under review by federal prosecutors as they continue to investigate the Cunningham corruption case, and by Defense Department officials. (washingtonpost.com)
- Burtt has said that about 70 percent of CIFA's funding is contracted out and that his agency may soon absorb the Defense Security Service, the Pentagon outfit that monitors handling of classified government information by contractors. (washingtonpost.com)
- In late 2002, Cunningham made the contract for Wade's company, MZM, one of "his top priorities" in the defense appropriations bill, according to the prosecutors' pre-sentencing filing. (washingtonpost.com)
- Base-X Expedition Shelters of Fairfield won a $120 million contract from the Defense Supply Center Philadelphia for shelters, trailers and components for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and federal civilian agencies. (washingtonpost.com)
- Northrop Grumman Mission Systems/Defense Mission Systems Division of Dahlgren, Va., won an $11.6 million contract from the Naval Surface Warfare Center to provide training tool integration, development, maintenance, documentation, and operation for the Aegis Training and Readiness Center/Center for Surface Combat Systems. (washingtonpost.com)
- The General Dynamics Corporation received a $93.9 million Army contract for 2,598 Stinger missiles and related hardware, the Defense Department said. (nytimes.com)
- Contracts Flow in for Defense Cos. (yahoo.com)
- Data Link Solutions, Alliant Techsystems Inc. ( ATK ), FLIR Systems Inc. ( FLIR ) and Lockheed Martin Corporation ( LMT ) have received Department of Defense (DoD) contracts on Jun 20, 2013. (yahoo.com)
- WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Pentagon will begin taking steps to freeze civilian hiring, delay some contract awards and curtail some maintenance to prepare for drastic budget cuts if Congress can't reach an agreement on a final spending plan, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday. (yahoo.com)
- National Bio- and Agro- defense Facility (NBAF) Operational Planning and Technology Integration Contract (OPTIC) (as a subcontractor to Merrick and Co. Inc. (atcc.org)
- Contract attorneys typically work on a project-by-project basis and are not full-time law firm employees. (wikipedia.org)
- Whether you already have employment contracts in place or have only begun considering them for your employees, you may find this checklist helpful. (cbsnews.com)
- Not having an employment contract could discourage prospective employees from applying. (cbsnews.com)
- It would be impractical and probably unfair to have contracts for only one or two critical jobs, so you will want to consider implementing them for key employees throughout your company. (cbsnews.com)
- Gain visibility in to a single source of truth and streamline collaboration for every contract, transform contracts into valuable corporate assets with all contract types supported, and empower customer and vendor facing employees to access contracting data at all stages of the process. (microsoft.com)
- When employees feel betrayed: A model of how psychological contract violation develops. (wikipedia.org)
- Panetta's guidance was laid out in a four-page memo to department heads that outlined the "near-term actions" they should take including potentially firing any temporary hires, informing some contract employees that they will not be renewed, curtail travel, training, conferences, and spending on supplies, and cut money from base operations. (yahoo.com)
- In particular, contracts of employment can help to protect a business by seeking to prevent employees from, for example, joining a competitor, poaching clients or colleagues and misusing confidential information. (lexology.com)
- Corporate Travel Contracting is valid for travel with Air France, KLM and our partner airlines to bring you the benefits of greater flexibility, combinable fares and a wider choice of more frequent flights for your employees. (klm.com)
- By its statements and actions, Acme has almost certainly created an implied contract that employees will be fired only for good cause. (lawyers.com)
- Because an implied employment contract focuses on the employer's statements and conduct, it typically doesn't place any restrictions on employees. (lawyers.com)
- It features new "contract tokens", that come from main objectives, "challenge tokens" that can be acquired by accomplishing extra challenges, and "intel tokens" are collectables or bounties, with all of them are a must in getting access to higher tier skills and great damage weapons and loadouts. (wikipedia.org)
- This paper investigates the structure of optimal financial contracts and the main factors that influence it--verification and monitoring costs, moral hazard, agents' wealth limitations, and their attitudes to risk. (repec.org)
- For additional information, see the main contracts section on the Office of the General Counsel website . (ithaca.edu)
- Faced with the fact that they give only one percent of their construction contracts to minority businesses, school officials will have to consider set-aside programs to ensure fairness. (sun-sentinel.com)
- The consultants' report revealed that over the past 10 years, Palm Beach County school district officials awarded slightly more than 1 percent of construction contracts to minority subcontractors. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Federal and state health officials said on Monday it is not clear how the individual contracted Zika, a virus that is most typically transmitted by the bite of an infected mosquito and occasionally through sex with an infected person. (reuters.com)
- The new contract calls for union members to switch from traditional health coverage to a preferred-provider plan -- a move that will save the city money, officials said. (courant.com)
- In target cost contracts, parties involved with the contracts agree on a final price during negotiation. (wikipedia.org)
- Are renewable without limitation contracts of temporary employment to replace a worker, employment to complete a task within a specified period which requires additional manpower, occasional work aiming at coping with unexpected growth in the activities of the company or entailing urgent tasks for reasons of public security, and seasonal work. (ilo.org)
- 95 LC regulates fixed-term contracts of employment. (ilo.org)
- An employment contract is an agreement between an employer and employee, which may in some cases, also be tied to an existing labor union agreement. (cbsnews.com)
- Employment contracts have advantages for both the employer and the employee. (cbsnews.com)
- What is the purpose of an employment contract? (cbsnews.com)
- Employment contracts might also discourage less than honorable people from applying, knowing that recruitment and hiring practices would probably turn up something about their past that they would rather hide. (cbsnews.com)
- We have used very basic employment contracts and they haven't shown the value we anticipated. (cbsnews.com)
- Going back will only precipitate the very issues that made you decide on employment contracts in the first place. (cbsnews.com)
- If you have few in-house resources and have been unable to get enough specific information through professional contacts, personal networks, associations, or online resources, you have two options: develop the expertise yourselves or hire experts to help you develop suitable employment contracts. (cbsnews.com)
- Would an employment contract protect us better than a simple "non-compete" or "non-disclosure" agreement? (cbsnews.com)
- An employment contract allows an employer to cover more than just the non-compete aspect of the relationship. (cbsnews.com)
- employment contracts merely try to head off disputes by addressing some of the most common areas of dispute ahead of time. (cbsnews.com)
- If you have yet to put employment contracts into effect, doing an organizational assessment-needs and wants, strengths and weaknesses, pros and cons-is a good place to start. (cbsnews.com)
- Key positions throughout the company should be considered for employment contracts. (cbsnews.com)
- The same sort of assessment process is also advisable for those of you who have employment contracts in place and want to revise them. (cbsnews.com)
- An employment agreement is a legal contract between employer and employee that covers the terms and conditions of employment. (score.org)
- This obligation is normally satisfied by providing a contract of employment. (lexology.com)
- Contracts of employment have evolved from merely satisfying the minimum legal requirements to a fundamental tool in protecting a business. (lexology.com)
- Too often we see businesses neglect their contracts of employment at their inception and leave themselves unprotected. (lexology.com)
- Whether you are looking for your first job out of residency or have been practicing for years, negotiating your employment contract is one of the most important steps you will take in your career. (ama-assn.org)
- Don't miss an upcoming webinar aimed at providing some serious guidance to family physicians who need to understand and negotiate employment contracts. (aafp.org)
- The webinar, titled 'Family Physician Compensation and Employment Contracts,' will be presented live on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m. (aafp.org)
- Physicians need to enter into compensation and employment contracts with their eyes wide open,' he said. (aafp.org)
- The essay, written for the Symposium in Honor of the Work of Charles A. Sullivan, examines the honoree's work on the employment contract. (ssrn.com)
- Rather than quickly moving past the common law of contract onto the many statutory regimes governing the workplace, Sullivan has repeatedly explored the nature of the employment agreement and the role of common-law doctrines in regulating this relationship. (ssrn.com)
- What Does It Mean to Have an Employment Contract? (lawyers.com)
- Learn how employment contracts are formed and how they affect your rights. (lawyers.com)
- If you have an employment contract, however, it might change the at-will employment relationship. (lawyers.com)
- An employment contract can change the at-will relationship, giving you additional job protections. (lawyers.com)
- Not all contracts do: An employer might ask you to sign an at-will employment agreement, for example. (lawyers.com)
- Workers employed under two successive contracts for the same project will be converted to open-ended employment contracts. (mercer.com)
- This site provides information about the use of contracts to acquire goods and services for the use and benefit of the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC). (cdc.gov)
- CDC uses contracts to purchase goods and services such as supplies, vaccines, Information Technology (IT), and equipment to advance the agency's public health mission domestically and abroad to keep Americans safe and healthy where they work, live and play. (cdc.gov)
- Contracts refer to a mutually binding legal relationship obligating the seller to furnish the supplies or services (including construction) and the buyer to pay for them. (cdc.gov)
- and bilateral contract modifications.When the federal government issues a contract, it is agreeing to provide funds in exchange for the delivery of goods or services from the contractor. (cdc.gov)
- Federal investigators are looking into contracts awarded by the Pentagon's newest and fastest-growing intelligence agency, the Counterintelligence Field Activity, which has spent more than $1 billion, mostly for outsourced services, since its establishment in late 2002, according to administration and congressional sources. (washingtonpost.com)
- Authoring contracts in Visual Studio allows programmers to take advantage of the standard intellisense provided by the language services. (microsoft.com)
- NCI Information Systems also won multiple task orders totaling $5.6 million awarded under the Network-Centric Solutions contract to provide information technology services to support the Air Force at more than a half dozen locations. (washingtonpost.com)
- SRA International Inc. of Fairfax won a five-year, $10.5 million contract to provide information technology services to the Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations to support the Distributed Common Ground System. (washingtonpost.com)
- Maximus Inc. of Reston won a one-year, $17 million contract from Georgia's Community Health Department to provide enrollment broker services for managed care. (washingtonpost.com)
- CACI Inc., Federal of Chantilly won an $8.6 million contract from the Navy's Fleet and Industrial Supply Center for program management, engineering, and technical services to support the Navy Automatic Information Technology program office. (washingtonpost.com)
- Organizational Strategies Inc. of Arlington won a $25 million Small Business Innovative Research contract from the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division to provide services and materials for engineering tasks involving advanced training systems integration technology. (washingtonpost.com)
- Anteon Corp. of Fairfax won an $11.9 million contract from the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division for maintenance planning and design interface technical and management support services for the Naval Air Depot in Jacksonville, Fla. (washingtonpost.com)
- WDG Architecture PLLC of Washington won a $2.2 million contract from the General Services Administration for management, organizational and business improvement services. (washingtonpost.com)
- Guardian Services Group Ltd. of Baltimore won a $2.4 million contract from the Air Force for management and operation of the Air Force Publishing and Distribution Center. (washingtonpost.com)
- Nathan Associates Inc. of Arlington won a $14.1 million contract from the Agency for International Development to provide support services to the Competitive Armenia Private Sector program. (washingtonpost.com)
- Goel Services Inc. of Washington won a $6.5 million contract from the General Services Administration for demolition, abatement and chilled water bypass at Federal Office Building No. 8 in Washington. (washingtonpost.com)
- If you are looking for information about statewide accounts and/or contracts , please contact the Office of the State Controller, which services vendors and State agencies. (colorado.gov)
- 8. Contract Description- a small description of the type of services included within each contract. (nationalarchives.gov.uk)
- Executive Departments are required to use the Operational Services Division's Statewide Contracts for their purchases of goods and services. (mass.gov)
- Save Time - By using the Operational Services Division's Statewide Contracts, there is no need to invest valuable time developing solicitations, issuing bids, evaluating responses, and executing contracts. (mass.gov)
- OSD has negotiated the pricing (or required competitive quotes), selected the appropriate vendors, and outlined the services the vendors perform relative to the contract. (mass.gov)
- White men were awarded 99 percent of all contracts, including architecture, surveying and testing services. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Oracle's standard contracts and order documents incorporate various policies and practices that apply to the Oracle Support Services you may have ordered. (oracle.com)
- Fluor Daniel's Alaska office has been awarded two contracts worth $17 million by Arco Alaska Inc., a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Atlantic Richfield Co., to provide engineering and technical services in Anchorage and on Alaska's North Slope. (latimes.com)
- The Germany-based transportation division of Bombardier and Siemens are among the global conglomerates pitching in for contracts to build networks to run metro train services in Indian cities including Chennai, Pune and Lucknow. (hindustantimes.com)
- Minority companies, which received $72 million in state highway contracts in 1986, saw the total plunge to less than $44 million in 1988. (chicagotribune.com)
- Costless immediate disinflation is not possible in an economy with long-term labor contracts. (nber.org)
- Traders on CEX.IO are now able to trade futures contracts on GHS. (prweb.com)
- The futures contracts are FHA and FHM. (prweb.com)
- These futures contracts will allow traders to hedge against risk in certain investments, speculate on the future value of hashing power provided by Ghash.IO and purchase GHS on the lowest possible price on the market. (prweb.com)
- As an introduction to futures contracts for GHS, contracts valued at 2 Ph/s in total will be available. (prweb.com)
- These futures contracts will offer traders the ability to purchase GHS at the lowest price ever, and CEX.IO is expecting many of their traders to hop on this opportunity as soon as it's available. (prweb.com)
- The online commodity trading website already offers futures contracts for BitFury cryptocurrency mining hardware. (prweb.com)
- With these new futures contracts available from CEX.IO, traders will be able to speculate on the price of hashing power on a certain date in the future. (prweb.com)
- These futures contracts are the first of their kind in the cryptocurrency world, but it's important to note that the futures contracts will not provide any profits through block rewards until the contract has expired. (prweb.com)
- What are Futures contracts? (indiatimes.com)
- In financial terms, Futures contracts or simply Futures, is a standardized forward contract, a legal agreement to buy or sell financial instruments or physical commodities for a future delivery at a predetermined price at a specified time in the future. (indiatimes.com)
- The first futures contracts were negotiated for agricultural commodities and later futures contracts were negotiated for natural resources such as oil. (indiatimes.com)
- What is the difference between Forward contracts and Futures contracts? (indiatimes.com)
- The amendments, contained under s26A and Part 4A at Sections 46H to 46M of the Act, prohibit unfair terms in all standard consumer contracts. (zdnet.com)
- Most New Zealanders have one or more standard form consumer contracts with a telecommunications company, and they can now be more confident about the fairness of those contracts. (zdnet.com)
- Details of an EU law related to the language of consumer contracts that aims to prevent imbalances in the rights consumers and sellers/suppliers. (europa.eu)
- Minority subcontractors were awarded 1.2 percent of construction contracts. (sun-sentinel.com)
- White men were awarded 95 percent of construction contracts. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Compounding the problem-and despite preventive efforts by public agencies that award construction contracts-is the existence of companies purportedly owned by women that really are controlled by men, according to minority construction industry leaders. (chicagotribune.com)
- Visit the Doing Business with CDC page for general information and key resources for bidding or proposing on CDC contracts. (cdc.gov)
- In Agile contracts, the supplier and the customer together define their common assumptions in terms of the business value, implementation risks, expenses (effort) and costs. (wikipedia.org)
- I don't have any idea where you can get a contract but I want to suggest a business approach. (sitepoint.com)
- This issue snapshot will discuss situations in which management contracts providing for private companies to manage tax-exempt-financed facilities may result in excessive private business use. (irs.gov)
- Streamline contract creation using prepopulated templates and guided navigation for different contract types or specific business unit requirements. (oracle.com)
- WASHINGTON--( BUSINESS WIRE )--LeoSat Enterprises, the company which is launching a constellation of up to 108 low-earth-orbit communications satellites has entered into contract for service with its first customer, a globally operating financial trading company with offices worldwide. (businesswire.com)
- It gives you a thorough overview of the principles and practices of Chinese contract law, as well as its implications in business law. (merlot.org)
- Through this course, you will gain a good grasp of the key concepts and principles of contract law from the perspective of business practice. (merlot.org)
- This contract is a sole source award to Pearson Engineering Ltd for the manufacturing the Assault Breecher Vehicle components. (globalsecurity.org)
- Of the seven telcos, only MyRepublic had not reviewed its contract terms in order to comply with the new law, claiming this had been an "oversight" that it would remedy immediately. (zdnet.com)
- Alliant Techsystems has been awarded a $20 million contract modification in order to acquire various AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning System Weapons Replaceable Assemblies for the U. S. Navy and Air Force. (yahoo.com)
- Meanwhile, a Lockheed Martin unit, Mission Systems and Training, won a $6.9 million cost-plus-incentive-fee, cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to perform additional Aegis development work for the U.S. Navy. (yahoo.com)
- The purpose is to expedite recovery of shipbuilding capability in areas affected by Hurricane Katrina by repairing and /or replacing shipbuilding facilities, to make lasting improvement in shipyard facilities that would result in measurable cost reductions in current and future Navy shipbuilding contracts, and to improve the ability of shipbuilding facilities on the Gulf Coast to withstand damage from potential hurricanes or other natural disasters. (globalsecurity.org)
- The Navy awarded the original five-year contract -- with a potential value of $711.4 million if all options were exercised -- last year. (upi.com)
- We study two extensions of contracts, dealing respectively with backtracking and with speculative execution . (springer.com)
- Defensive linemen Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams each is scheduled to receive $6 million in roster bonuses in contract extensions given by the Browns after trading for the players last March. (cleveland.com)
- 4. Contract Duration- please note if there are any extensions period available and if so what? (nationalarchives.gov.uk)
- They're fully aware of the pitfalls of awarding a fat, long-term contract to an aging, one-dimensional slugger or pretty much any pitcher . (grantland.com)
- Long-term, monolithic government technology contracts are hampering cybersecurity efforts, according to a Cabinet Office technology defence body in the United Kingdom. (zdnet.com)
- Indonesia's 2009 mining law requires companies to transfer from so-called contracts of work, long-term agreements with specific rules including on taxes, to newer special mining permits that generally follow prevailing law. (reuters.com)
- Incremental Delivery Contracts allow customers to review contracts at designated points in the contract life cycle. (wikipedia.org)
- Reception Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts received "mixed or average" reviews, according to review aggregator Metacritic. (wikipedia.org)
- In such projects, contract attorneys may review tens of thousands, if not millions, of pages of documents and mark them as responsive to a particular request, or protected as attorney work product or under the attorney-client privilege . (wikipedia.org)
- Contract management in Abteilung 7.2 will then coordinate the further contract review in cooperation with other administrative units that need to be consulted. (uni-bonn.de)
- T he British Medical Association (BMA) has launched a judicial review to challenge Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt's imposition of junior doctor contracts. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Contract.Ensures takes a boolean condition and expresses a postcondition of the method. (microsoft.com)
- The council Wednesday night unanimously approved a four-year contract with the firefighters' union that frees the city from an obligation to increase overall staffing but requires the department to move from three-man to four-man fire crews by the year 2000. (courant.com)
- In the experiment, users of the tool select a contract length (duration), number of times per week to exercise (frequency), and a financial penalty for failing to live up to the contract (stake). (nber.org)
- So, he was counting on two things in the offseason: laying low and signing a big contract. (ap.org)
- The contract was competitively procured and advertised via the Internet, with 18 proposals received from seven offerors. (globalsecurity.org)
- By leveraging the leadership and expertise of all states with the purchasing power of their public entities, NASPO ValuePoint delivers best value, reliable, competitively sourced contracts. (vmware.com)
- The authors examine whether these nudges affected the likelihood of users' accepting a contract as well as the chosen duration, frequency, and financial stake. (nber.org)
- The authors' principal finding is that users who were shown a longer default contract duration chose contracts of longer duration. (nber.org)
- There was no effect on the chosen exercise frequency, so showing users a longer default contract duration led them to contract for a greater number of total exercise sessions. (nber.org)
- There was no effect of the default duration on the probability of accepting a contract or on the chosen financial stake. (nber.org)
- Capped T&M contracts work in the sense of traditional T&M contracts. (wikipedia.org)
- Also known as a Lump Sum agreement, with a Fixed Price contract, the Builder agrees to perform the work for an established total price. (google.com)
- The contract is a renewal of work the company has been performing for the Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command. (washingtonpost.com)
- If both parties are subject to an obligation eg, work for payment that is known as an onerous contract. (angelfire.com)
- The work of contract attorneys often varies. (wikipedia.org)
- In counties without a public defender , or without an alternate defender , a contract attorney may be hired to do assigned counsel work. (wikipedia.org)
- What type of workforce do you have, and what type of contract will make sense for the type of work that workforce does? (cbsnews.com)
- The Unit assists the Divisions with developing project timelines, writing statements of work and requirements and the resolution of all contract issues. (colorado.gov)
- Reduce contract creation time by actively managing work allocation and reviews, balance workloads, and identify bottlenecks early for faster completion. (oracle.com)
- We've done the work to bring the best value/best price to the contracts, so you may forgo this step in the process. (mass.gov)
- This contract explains the rights and duties of the artist and the collector, to make sure the work remains intact as long as possible. (ucl.ac.uk)
- The contract is completed at the time when the acceptance is dispatched, not when it is received. (angelfire.com)
- The advantage of further refining your contracts is that you may get closer to your desired goal the next time. (cbsnews.com)
- This may be nitpicking, but when's the last time students had a say in the awarding of school contracts? (observer.com)
- Utilizing Statewide Contracts can save you time and money, while providing best value for your organization and Massachusetts taxpayers. (mass.gov)
- When you use DateTime values in a data contract, you must pass them as UTC values and convert to local time in the client that calls the service. (microsoft.com)
- The most basic type of development contract is a time-and-materials approach. (infoq.com)
- The contract rose above its 20-day moving average for the first time since March 11. (reuters.com)
- Castro blew up the system in Cuba a long time ago and then for the rest of his life kept in place a very stern version of the social contract. (courthousenews.com)
- Before the winter meetings, we ranked the game's 50 most valuable trade commodities , and now it's time to consider the opposite: the players with contracts so burdensome no team would willingly take them on. (grantland.com)
- Farmers have been given repeated assurances over many years by mills that contract price announcements will be made in sufficient time to allow farmers to be fully informed of the potential profitability of autumn crop options. (scoop.co.nz)
- In its monthly economic report, the central bank said preliminary estimates show that Spain's gross domestic product contracted 0.4% in the second quarter from the first, and dropped 1% in annual terms. (wsj.com)
- By signing this contract, you agree to commit to the terms. (google.com)
- The New Zealand Commerce Commission (ComCom) has released its research into the telecommunications industry, finding that seven major telcos contain potentially unfair terms in their standard contracts. (zdnet.com)
- Effective Date means the effective date of this Contract, which shall be the date on which this Contract and the Articles of Association have been approved by the Examination and Approval Authority without varying their terms or imposing any additional conditions, unless otherwise agreed by the Parties in writing. (sec.gov)
- Save Money - OSD's Statewide Contracts are intended to leverage the Commonwealth's aggregate purchasing power by driving down costs and ensuring favorable contract terms and conditions. (mass.gov)
- Once you've decided on a care home, you'll need to sign a contract to agree terms. (which.co.uk)
- The purpose of a Participating Addendum is to afford each party using a NASPO ValuePoint contract the protection of the solicitation's terms and conditions. (vmware.com)
- If that's the case, the employer must abide by the terms of the contract. (lawyers.com)
- In regards to the types of contracts I have displayed above can you please send the Organisation's primary contracts? (nationalarchives.gov.uk)
- Below is a complete list of the types of organizations generally allowed to use OSD's Statewide Contracts. (mass.gov)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX supports the use of .NET and X++ types as data contracts for service operation input and return parameters. (microsoft.com)
- In order to serialize complex data types, you must define them as data contracts. (microsoft.com)
- The X++ data contract attributes function just as the data contract attributes for .NET types. (microsoft.com)
- For more information about what types are supported by WCF, see Types Supported by the Data Contract Serializer . (microsoft.com)
- To use .NET types as parameters or return types in X++, you must first create a .NET assembly that contains the .NET data contract classes that have been decorated with the data contract attributes. (microsoft.com)
- Peter Stevens has analyzed 10 different types of development contracts, shedding light on how well each style fits an agile project. (infoq.com)
- While the type of contract is usually associated with the construction side of the relationship, some designers prefer Cost Plus agreements because it offers them freedom to make design changes even after construction has begun. (google.com)
- One result is the founding of a centralized and computer-aided contract management entity for efficiently reviewing research-related agreements, on 1 September 2012. (uni-bonn.de)
- Japan's economy contracted at a 3.5% annualized pace in latest quarter. (cnn.com)
- Believe me, they know exactly what they get, what they were able to delete from the union's wish list, and how much the entire contract will cost. (edweek.org)
- The contract with Local 992 of the International Association of Firefighters will save the city at least $1 million a year in personnel costs by voiding a minimum-staffing requirement in the union's existing contract, said Michael Foley, a lawyer who negotiated the contract on the city's behalf. (courant.com)