Risk Sharing, Financial
Any system which allows payors to share some of the financial risk associated with a particular patient population with providers. Providers agree to adhere to fixed fee schedules in exchange for an increase in their payor base and a chance to benefit from cost containment measures. Common risk-sharing methods are prospective payment schedules (PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM), capitation (CAPITATION FEES), diagnosis-related fees (DIAGNOSIS-RELATED GROUPS), and pre-negotiated fees.
The process of bargaining in order to arrive at an agreement or compromise on a matter of importance to the parties involved. It also applies to the hearing and determination of a case by a third party chosen by the parties in controversy, as well as the interposing of a third party to reconcile the parties in controversy.
A scheme which provides reimbursement for the health services rendered, generally by an institution, and which provides added financial rewards if certain conditions are met. Such a scheme is intended to promote and reward increased efficiency and cost containment, with better care, or at least without adverse effect on the quality of the care rendered.
Accountable Care Organizations
Organizations of health care providers that agree to be accountable for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries who are enrolled in the traditional fee-for-service program who are assigned to it. Assigned means those beneficiaries for whom the professionals in the organization provide the bulk of primary care services. (www.cms.gov/OfficeofLegislation/Downloads/Accountable CareOrganization.pdf accessed 03/16/2011)
Practice Management, Medical
Physician Incentive Plans
Product Line Management
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Unstriated and unstriped muscle, one of the muscles of the internal organs, blood vessels, hair follicles, etc. Contractile elements are elongated, usually spindle-shaped cells with centrally located nuclei. Smooth muscle fibers are bound together into sheets or bundles by reticular fibers and frequently elastic nets are also abundant. (From Stedman, 25th ed)
Surgical Procedures, Minor
Quality Indicators, Health Care
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Employee Incentive Plans
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Health Services Administration
Group Practice, Prepaid
Marketing of Health Services
Insurance, Health, Reimbursement
Quality of Health Care
Independent Practice Associations
A partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity that enters into an arrangement for the provision of services with persons who are licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, and dentistry, and with other care personnel. Under an IPA arrangement, licensed professional persons provide services through the entity in accordance with a mutually accepted compensation arrangement, while retaining their private practices. Services under the IPA are marketed through a prepaid health plan. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Attitude of Health Personnel
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures
To tell the truth: disclosing the incentives and limits of managed care. (1/105)As managed care becomes more prevalent in the United States, concerns have arisen over the business practices of managed care companies. A particular concern is whether patients should be made aware of the financial incentives and treatment limits of their healthcare plan. At present, managed care organizations are not legally required to make such disclosures. However, such disclosures would be advisable for reasons of ethical fidelity, contractual clarity, and practical prudence. Physicians themselves may also have a fiduciary responsibility to discuss incentives and limits with their patients. Once the decision to disclose has been made, the managed care organization must draft a document that explains, clearly and honestly, limits of care in the plan and physician incentives that might restrict the care a patient receives. (+info)
Physicians' perceptions of managed care. (2/105)We wished to determine physicians' views and knowledge of managed care, particularly their beliefs about the provisions of managed care contracts in terms of legality and ethics. A questionnaire was sent to the 315 physicians of the medical staff of Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut regarding managed care and managed care contracts. Sixty-six responses were received within a 45-day period (20.9% return). Although only 1 of 11 contract provisions presented in one section of the questionnaire was illegal in Connecticut, a majority of physicians believed 7 of the 11 were illegal. On average, 50% of physicians polled thought each of the provisions was illegal, and a varying majority of physicians (53% to 95.4%) felt the various provisions were unethical. The majority of respondents (84.8% to 92.4%) believed that nondisclosure provisions were unethical. Ninety-seven percent thought managed care interferes with quality of care, and 72.7% of physicians felt that the managed care industry should be held legally responsible for ensuring quality of care. However, 92.4% of physicians considered themselves to be ethically responsible for ensuring quality of care. Physicians have a poor understanding of the legal aspects of managed care contracts but feel strongly that many provisions of these contracts are unethical. Physicians also believe that managed care is causing medicine to be practiced in a manner that is contrary to patients' interests and that legal recourse is needed to prevent this. (+info)
Like marriage, without the romance. (3/105)Physicians and philosophers have contributed to the field of medical ethics several different paradigms for the physician-patient relationship. Here I suggest another: marriage. Patients usually enter into relationships as we enter marriage: we allow our high hopes to obscure the possibility of deep disappointment. The argument of the essay encourages renewed focus on the contractual element of physician-patient relationships. (+info)
Interpretations, perspectives and intentions in surrogate motherhood. (4/105)In this paper we examine the questions "What does it mean to be a surrogate mother?" and "What would be an appropriate perspective for a surrogate mother to have on her pregnancy?" In response to the objection that such contracts are alienating or dehumanising since they require women to suppress their evolving perspective on their pregnancies, liberal supporters of surrogate motherhood argue that the freedom to contract includes the freedom to enter a contract to bear a child for an infertile couple. After entering the contract the surrogate may not be free to interpret her pregnancy as that of a non-surrogate mother, but there is more than one appropriate way of interpreting one's pregnancy. To restrict or ban surrogacy contracts would be to prohibit women from making other particular interpretations of their pregnancies they may wish to make, requiring them to live up to a culturally constituted image of ideal motherhood. We examine three interpretations of a "surrogate pregnancy" that are implicit in the views and arguments put forward by ethicists, surrogacy agencies, and surrogate mothers themselves. We hope to show that our concern in this regard goes beyond the view that surrogacy contracts deny or suppress the natural, instinctive or conventional interpretation of pregnancy. (+info)
Advance directives in psychiatric care: a narrative approach. (5/105)Advance directives for psychiatric care are the subject of debate in a number of Western societies. By using psychiatric advance directives (or so-called "Ulysses contracts"), it would be possible for mentally ill persons who are competent and with their disease in remission, and who want timely intervention in case of future mental crisis, to give prior authorisation to treatment at a later time when they are incompetent, have become non-compliant, and are refusing care. Thus the devastating consequences of recurrent psychosis could be minimised. Ulysses contracts raise a number of ethical questions. In this article the central issues of concern and debate are discussed from a narrative perspective. Ulysses contracts are viewed as elements of an ongoing narrative in which patient and doctor try to make sense of and get a hold on the recurrent crises inherent in the patient's psychiatric condition. (+info)
Review article: Warnock and surrogacy.(6/105)(+info)
A vote for no confidence. (7/105)This paper considers the justifications for adhering to a principle of confidentiality within medical practice. These are found to derive chiefly from respect for individual autonomy, the doctor/patient contract, and social utility. It is suggested that these will benefit more certainly if secrecy is rejected and the principle of confidentiality is removed from the area of health care. (+info)
The validity of contracts to dispose of frozen embryos. (8/105)The widespread abandonment of frozen embryos by the gamete providers or intentional parents urgently demands a solution. Most centres react by requiring patients to enter a prior agreement governing the future disposition of their embryos in all foreseeable circumstances. These dispositional directives are inappropriate and self defeating in the event of contingencies in which the patients remain competent to execute an updated directive. Internal and external changes may invalidate the prior directive by altering the situation as represented by the couple at the initiation of treatment to such an extent that it no longer corresponds with the actual situation at the time of the execution of the disposition. The prior agreement should only be considered binding if the agreement among the partners on a specific option was a material condition for one of the partners to start treatment. (+info)
In target cost contracts, parties involved with the contracts agree on a final price during negotiation. These contracts allow ... Incremental Delivery Contracts allow customers to review contracts at designated points in the contract life cycle. These ... 45-46 Villanova University: Agile Contract Management. Agile Contract Management Andreas Opelt et al.: Agile Contracts: ... This differs from traditional fixed-price contracts in that fixed-price contracts usually require a detailed and exact ...
The Contracts House received its name because the city's contracts were signed there. It is located on the Kontraktova Square, ... The Contracts House was envisioned as part of an ensemble, which would include the post office, the magistrate's quarters, and ... The Contracts House (Ukrainian: Контрактовий будинок) is a trade building in the Podil neighborhood of Kyiv, the capital of ... However, only the Contracts House was constructed. The front and western façades of the building features Doric order columns, ...
Once each party has signed the contracts and they have been exchanged, they are binding. The contracts will include a ... At exchange of contracts, any deposit needed has to be paid, and arrangements for building insurance must be made so that the ... This is a system that only occurs under English law, and the exchange of contracts can occur many weeks or months after a sale ... Under English law, exchanging contracts is the final step in a house purchase, occurring after a solicitor has carried out all ...
"Hitman: Contracts for Xbox Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 13 April 2013. Mike; Alex (2004). "Hitman Contracts". Computer and ... Atomic (June 2004). "Hitman Contracts". Joystick (in French). No. 160. pp. 86-88. Retrieved July 11, 2021. "Hitman Contracts". ... Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money at the same time, with Hitman: Contracts being a smaller game containing remastered levels ... Contracts Soundtrack Wins at 2005 BAFTA Games Awards Archived 2012-07-21 at the Wayback Machine "Hitman: Contracts for PC ...
Each contract is a "result of how identities have been personally and socially constructed and exposed." The first contract is ... Cultural contracts are required for people to protect and define their identity. Contracts can be long-lasting (like when ... Contract violations have three possible outcomes: ending the relationship, renegotiating the contract, or nothing if the harm ... This will determine if an individual is willing to sign a cultural contract or remain in conflict. The signing of contract is ...
Contract 3 was signed between the City and the IRT. Contract 4 was signed between the City and the Municipal Railway Company, a ... The Dual Contracts were the key to dispersion of the city's congested areas. The Dual Contracts helped lower high population ... The Dual Contracts, also known as the Dual Subway System, were contracts for the construction and/or rehabilitation and ... The Dual Contracts were signed on March 19, 1913. The contracts bound Interborough Rapid Transit Company and the Brooklyn Rapid ...
Only if both contract parties have the legal capacity to sign a contract, contracts are only enforceable. Some contracts are ... Even if a contract is incomplete, the legal validity of the contract cannot be denied, and an incomplete contract does not mean ... In contract law, an incomplete contract is one that is defective or uncertain in a material respect. A complete contract in ... "Valid contracts-contracts which can be enforced against a minor Necessaries", Cavendish: Contract Lawcards, Routledge-Cavendish ...
Calvo (staggered) contracts
A Calvo contract is the name given in macroeconomics to the pricing model that when a firm sets a nominal price there is a ... However, rather than asking how long was it since the price was last set (the age of the contract), it asks how long will the ... One of the major problems with the Calvo contract as a model of pricing is that the inflation dynamics it results in do not fit ... ii) The average completed length of contracts. This is similar to the average age in that it looks at the current prices set by ...
Public Contracts Scotland
"FAQ - All users - Public Contracts Scotland". Public Contracts Scotland. Public Contracts Scotland. Retrieved 22 August 2022. " ... The Public Contracts Scotland Tender website is also known as PCS-Tender and PCS-T. Public Contracts Scotland Tender is ... Public Contracts Scotland The Scottish Government: Publications YouTube: Public Contracts Scotland - One Year On PCS Tender ... It is Scottish Government policy for all contracting authorities in Scotland to use Public Contracts Scotland. This includes ...
Association football contracts
... are the legal contracts for both amateur and professional football. Football contracts overlaps ... There are a multitude of possible psychological effects of signing contracts among players. Signing contracts has different ... Following these guidelines and rules has become a huge issue especially when the duration of some contracts is longer than the ... The way countries classify labor done by football players is essential to many aspects of the football players' contract. In ...
Crop Contracts Law
Thus, the contracts were completed in a very short time and the owners, seeing that the cultivation of the vine was no longer ... The Crop Contracts Law (in Catalan Llei de Contractes de Conreu) was a law passed by the Parliament of Catalonia on March 21, ... The Crop Contracts Law was annulled and almost 3,000 eviction lawsuits of "rabassaires" and sharecroppers were processed. It ... The legal nature of this contract was discussed: while some considered it a rental, others (the majority) considered it a long- ...
Corbin on Contracts
... was a leading American textbook on US contract law written by Arthur Linton Corbin. It was influential in ... Many of the views were cardinal to the development of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Restatement (Second) of Contracts. SD ... the development of contract theory and practice in the 50 American states, and throughout the common law world. ... Gerber, Corbin and Fuller's Cases on Contracts (1942?): the Casebook that Never Was (2003) 72(3) Fordham Law Review 595 ( ...
Governmentwide acquisition contracts
"Definition: governmentwide acquisition contract (GWAC)". Retrieved 16 Apr 2019. "Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC)". ... Governmentwide acquisition contracts (known as GWAC) is the process by which agencies of the federal government purchase goods ... According to the GSA website, "A Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a pre-competed, multiple-award, indefinite ... known as Contract Holders) to the government in the procurement process. " ...
Chitty on Contracts
... is one of the leading textbooks covering English contract law. The textbook is now in its 34th edition. The ... Suretyship English contract law Chitty on Contracts. Vol. 1 (31st ed.). London: Sweet & Maxwell. 2012. p. iii. ISBN ... Construction Contracts Chapter 38 - Credit and Security Chapter 39 - Employment Chapter 40 - Gambling Contracts Chapter 41 - ... v t e (Use dmy dates from April 2022, Books with missing cover, English contract law, All stub articles, Law book stubs, ...
Regular way contracts
Regular way is a finance term describing a trade that is settled through the regular settlement cycle for that particular investment. The settlement cycle starts the day the trade is made and ends when it is paid for. The length is two days for foreign exchange markets and three days for corporate debt. "Regular-Way Trade - RW". Investopedia.com. Retrieved Jun. 21, 2006. v t e v t e (Orphaned articles from February 2013, All orphaned articles, Articles needing additional references from December 2011, All articles needing additional references, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Financial economics, All stub articles, Finance stubs, Business stubs ...
Managing Derivatives Contracts
"Managing Derivatives Contracts (Apress Series in Finance)". amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-02-04. "Managing Derivatives Contracts ( ... Managing Derivatives Contracts is a reference work on Financial Derivatives by Khader Shaik. This book is primarily focused on ... Managing Derivatives Contracts: A guide to Derivatives Market, Life Cycle, Operations and Systems is a comprehensive book on ... The key areas of covered in this book are study of life cycle of various derivative contracts, including various operations, ...
Indexation of contracts
... "contract escalation" is a procedure when a contract includes a periodic adjustment to the prices paid for the contract ... Contract escalation in glossary, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Division of Information Services INDEXATION OF CONTRACTS, ... The purpose of indexation is to readjust contracts to account for inflation. In the United States, the consumer price index ( ... "Contract Escalation". BLS Information. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. July 27, 2006. Retrieved 2009-05-07. ...
Nexus of contracts
The nexus of contracts theory is an idea put forth by a number of economists and legal commentators (most notably Michael ... Alternatively, the nexus of contracts theory can also be viewed as a method of enhancing corporate plausible deniability, ... which asserts that corporations are nothing more than a collection of contracts between different parties - primarily ... of the firm is a firm begins to transcend border and defy simple classification when it is really intertwined by its contracts ...
Suretrack Contracts Services
... is a privately owned construction firm which provides professional services which include ... Suretrack is currently in contract with JICS for the construction of three number classroom blocks in Assin Manso in the ... A major subcontractor on a contract for the construction of classroom blocks in the New Juaben Municipal Assembly. ...
Australian Construction Contracts
... govern how the parties to a construction contract behave and how the project manager and the ... and supersedes the Joint Contracts Committee (JCC) contracts, which are now withdrawn. It claims to use plain English and to ... General This form of contract is intended for building works (including alterations) where the contract is to be administered ... There are several popular standard forms of construction contracts that are currently used in Australia. General This contract ...
Joint Contracts Tribunal
The Joint Contracts Tribunal, also known as the JCT, produces standard forms of contract for construction, guidance notes and ... cf Clause 9.3 of the 2011 edition of the JCT STandard Building Contract. Lawbuild Tay, Lee Yong, Determination of contract by ... In 2012 the publication was announced of JCT Contracts discovery: the education and learning module from the Joint Contracts ... JCT publisher Newsflash RIBA Library catalogue online JCT, Contract families: Standard Building Contract, accessed 1 November ...
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
"Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 28 December 2019. "Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts for ... Rodriguez, Jason (22 November 2019). "Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts technical review - Needs a new 4K contract". PCinvasion. ... Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts is a tactical shooter stealth video game developed and published by CI Games. It is the fifth ... Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts is developed by CI Games, which is the developer of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series. It focuses ...
Broadcasting contracts in cricket
For a list of sports broadcasting rights by countries, see list of sports television broadcast contracts. In certain countries ...
Square of Contracts (Kyiv)
Square of Contracts or Contract Square (Ukrainian: Контрактова площа, translit.: Kontraktova ploshcha) is a square in the ... The construction of the Contracts House, a permanent trading center where contracts were signed, at the end of the 18th century ... Contracts House, where contracts were signed; Fountain of Samson, reconstructed architectural monument; Children's Musical ... Contracts Square is one of the largest and oldest transport hub of the Kyiv tram system, end stop for several tram routes. ...
Illegal Contracts Act 1970
The Illegal Contracts Act  is a New Zealand law that manages how contracts are deemed illegal under either common law or ... variation of the contract restitution compensation (damages) Illegal Contracts Act  text of the Act (Use dmy dates from ... Under this law, all such contracts are deemed illegal, but it gives wide discretionary powers to grant relief, including ... granting orders such as ordering: validation (declaring the contract to be either partially or fully enforceable) ...
Toronto External Contracts Inquiry
Two other city contracts will be investigated by the Inquiry. Testimony around these contracts has not yet been presented. " ... The Toronto External Contracts Inquiry is a judicial inquiry into allegations of conflict of interest around contracts entered ... The first contract investigated by the External Contracts Inquiry involved the city's tax and billing management system. On ... The External Contracts Inquiry was established by Toronto City Council on October 1, 2002, as an expansion of the Computer ...
Ethical implications in contracts
Contracts 2007). In order to be a legally binding contract, most contracts must contain two elements: All parties must agree ... knowing the Western party intended to be legally bound by the contract but themselves see the contract as more of a flexible ... ignorance or cultural differences in setting contracts aside. Following these descriptions is a list of ways on which contracts ... therefore raising incentives to perform promises Avoiding making contracts with cultural groups that view contracts as the ' ...
Restatement (Second) of Contracts
37-51 Contracts: Expanded Application of Promissory Estoppel in Restatement of Contracts Section 90: Hoffman v. Red Owl Stores ... The Restatement (Second) of Contracts remains the unofficial authority for aspects of contract law which find their genesis in ... 23 (1985). Gregory E. Maggs, Ipse Dixit: The Restatement (Second) of Contracts and the Modern Development of Contract Law, 66 ... The Restatement (Second) of the Law of Contracts is a legal treatise from the second series of the Restatements of the Law, and ...
Frustrated Contracts Act 1944
It was repealed by the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017. "Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 - 345 Repeal of revised Acts ... The Frustrated Contracts Act was an Act of Parliament passed in New Zealand in 1944. The Act codified into law the treatment of ... frustrated contracts, and replaced the previous common law remedies for frustration. ...
... clause Bill of sale Conflict of contract laws Contract awarding Contract farming Contract management Contract of sale Contract ... English contract law German contract law Indian contract law South African contract law United States contract law For instance ... An oral contract may also be called a parol contract or a verbal contract, with "verbal" meaning "spoken" rather than "in words ... Contracts may be bilateral or unilateral. A bilateral contract is an agreement in which each of the parties to the contract ...
Contracts | Funding | CDC
Find information about the use of contracts to acquire goods and services for the use and benefit of the Centers for Disease ... Contracts definition. Contracts refer to a mutually binding legal relationship obligating the seller to furnish the supplies or ... Visit the Contracting Opportunities page for information on accessing and applying for CDC contracting opportunities ... Visit the About CDC Contracts page for information on CDCs contracts and CDCs Office of Financial Resources (OFR) ...
Oracle Contracts | Oracle Algeria
Learn about Oracles standard contracts and policies that apply to the Oracle products and services that you have acquired. ... About Oracle Contracts. Oracle has created a consistent contract model that applies globally to all of our products and ... Oracle Contract Documents. Your contract with Oracle includes the policies that apply to the products and services that you ... Oracle Contracts. At Oracle, transparency in our contracts and policies is essential to our business. We offer consistent ...
Contracts For March 27, 2020
... to contract FA3002-17-C-0009 for contract base operations support. The contract modification is for the exercise of Option ... U.S. Army Contracting Command, Detroit, Michigan, is the contracting activity.. CDM Constructors Inc., Boston, Massachusetts, ... This contract was transferred to the Marine Corps Installations Command Headquarters Contracting Office after it was awarded ... If the options of this contract are exercised, the cumulative value of this contract will be $782,169,297 and will be complete ...
Service Contracts | Dell Belize
Cowboys restructure Brandin Cooks' contract
The Cowboys since have restructured the contract. They will turn $8 million of Cooks $12 million base salary into a signing ... The Cowboys since have restructured the contract.. They will turn $8 million of Cooks $12 million base salary into a signing ... Cooks is under contract through 2024 with a base salary of $8 million next season. ...
Procurement & Contracts
Procurement and Contracts subscribes to the Code of Ethics of the CSU Office of the Chancellor, Contract Services, and ... The Procurement and Contracts Office is the central purchasing authority for CSUDH, as authorized by the CSU Board of Trustees ... Procurement and Contracts serves and supports the overall mission and goals of the university by employing best practices for a ... Procurement and Contracts is the only department authorized by written delegation from the President to purchase goods and ...
Infants More Likely to Contract Pertussis From Siblings
Infants who contract pertussis from a known source are now more likely to have gotten it from a sibling than from their mother ... Of infants (younger than 1 year) who contracted pertussis, 24.2% were younger than 2 months. Infants younger than 1 month were ... Cite this: Infants More Likely to Contract Pertussis From Siblings - Medscape - Sep 10, 2015. ...
Draft contract of the Director-General
Construction contracts declined 12% last month. - Los Angeles Times
... second-quarter contracts for new construction nationwide set a record, a survey released by the F. ... According to the survey, the seasonally adjusted annual rate of contracting was $199.8 billion in June and an all-time peak of ... Despite the decline, second-quarter contracts for new construction nationwide set a record, a survey released by the F. W. ... June Construction Contract value in millions of dollars and change from year ago. ...
However, We do not guarantee itineraries and they do not form part of Your contract with Us. If We are unable to operate in ... This Cruise Contract is governed by the laws in force in New South Wales. You agree that any action You bring against us will ... This Cruise Contract must, so far as possible, be interpreted and construed so as not to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable ... HOLLAND AMERICA LINE CRUISE CONTRACT. 1. Introduction. Holland America Line/We/Our/Us means Carnival plc, and where the context ...
NEXTDC ups guidance as contracts boom
... Yolanda RedrupRich List co-editor ... Local data centre player NEXTDC has delivered its fattest pipeline of newly contracted customer demand as data use continues to ... "Despite lockdowns and travel restrictions, the company delivered its largest historical contracted build capacity for customers ... representing growth of 33 per cent to total contracted utilisation of 71 MW. ...
Average energy prices regarding variable contracts
... 11/05/2023 06:30. As of 9 March 2023, this table will be published monthly ... Prices of contracts taken out in the past which are still valid during the reporting month are not included in this statistic. ... The price cap will apply from January 2023 to all contracts of which the price exceeds the set price of the price cap, up to a ... This means that prices of contracts taken out for one year or several years are not included in the calculation. ...
Search Funded Research Grants and Contracts
Division of Contracts & Complex Agreements (DCCA) | NSF - National Science Foundation
Contracting with SAS: Index | SAS
Director of Contract Administration - Idealist
UTEC is now hiring for the position of Director of Contract Administration in Lowell. Apply today. ... Form and manage an internal cross-functional contract team for each contract to ensure goals and outcomes of each contract are ... Oversight of all post awards of grants and contracts by reviewing and signing contracts, internal and external team meetings ... The Director of Contract Administration leads and manages the entire life cycle for all current and upcoming state and federal ...
Freedom of Contract | Encyclopedia.com
Source for information on Freedom of Contract: Encyclopedia of the American Constitution dictionary. ... FREEDOM OF CONTRACTFreedom of contract in the United States means that the law accepts and protects broad scope for private ... that requires certain types of contracts to be in writing. U.S. law has adopted a 1677 English… Contract , contract, in law, a ... FREEDOM OF CONTRACT. Freedom of contract in the United States means that the law accepts and protects broad scope for private ...
Competing in the Global Contract Manufacturing Market
To provide contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) a sound basis for formulating an effective strategy to compete in the ... As far as the market dynamics and CMO selection are concerned, overall satisfaction and likelihood of contract renewal are in ... 3. An Overview of the Global Contract Manufacturing Market,. 4. Now and in the Future. 5. Impact of Attitudes and Perceptions ... Competing in the Global Contract Manufacturing Market http://www.reportlinker.com/p01864403/Competing-in-the-Global-Contract- ...
6 Mistakes to Avoid When Creating Client Contracts | Entrepreneur
6. Not using a contract template. Most of the time, my template contract is the one used for any new client engagements. Im ... Related: 9 Ways to Negotiate a Contract Like a Boss. 2. Using the wrong rate structure. There was once a time when I was ... Create a contract and have it signed by both parties (both you and your client). Any changes to the agreement should be in the ... 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Creating Client Contracts Learn from my missteps to save yourself from potential hassles. By Lisa ...
Big Bang's Taeyang, Daesung end contracts with YG Entertainment
Daesung of K-pop boyband Big Bang have departed longtime agency YG Entertainment following the expiration of their contracts ... Later that same day, the agency shared that another Big Bang member, Daesung, had also chosen to end his contract with YG ... Big Bang members Taeyang and Daesung have left longtime agency YG Entertainment following the expiration of their contracts. ... "Daesung has terminated his contract with us, and is seeking a new start," said YG, per NewsInside. ...
Hurricane Katrina Disaster Assistance Contracts - Fact Sheet | Homeland Security
Hurricane Contracting Information Center (HCIC) provides a central point of reference for businesses, especially minority-owned ... businesses and small- and medium-sized enterprises, to register for and become aware of federal contracting opportunities in ... FEMA contracts awarded for Hurricane Katrina recovery (XLS, 12.1 MB) (FPDS.gov) ... As emergency contracting procedures fully evolve into standard contracting procedures, future opportunities will be posted on ...
July 2021 Grants and Contracts | Research Foundation
Housing contracts for next fall proving popular
To find out more about the process and view the contract completion guide, visit housing.k-state.edu/ The website also offers a ... Housing contracts for next fall proving popular. *Mercer receiving 2017 Outstanding Support for International Initiatives Award ... While the pace of contracts being submitted has slowed over the past few days, Jackson said the university is working with ... "You are more likely to land a room in the residence hall of your choice the sooner you submit the contract." ...
Bubblr Inc. Announces Signing of Crowdfunding Contracts
Announces Signing of Crowdfunding Contracts With WeFunder and Crowdcheck for 2023 Strategy. March 15, 2023 09:00 ET. , Source: ... Additionally, the Company signed a contract with Crowdcheak (a legal firm that specialises in SEC filing for listed companies ... but we were also lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to sign a separate contract with them to conduct the accompanying ... today announce the signing of two contracts with WeFunder for a significant crowdfunding exercise. ...
VA Announces Data Breach Analysis Contract
Featured State Contracts
Browsing EB107 by Subject "Contracts"
Contracts and Purchasing | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
Information about contracts and bids available from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. ... Contracts and Purchasing. Bid opportunities. The Department of Fish and Wildlife advertises its bid opportunities on WEBS, the ... Sole-source and emergency contracts/purchases. Type. Description. Vendor. Sole Source. Data/License for ROMS Resolution Climate ... Please contact Contracts and Purchasing Manager Jeff Hugdahl at 360-902-2230 to obtain a copy of these documents. ...
Eagles extend Lane Johnson's contract - Bing News
The right tackle, a second-team All-Pro last season, spoke for the first time since signing a contract extension through 2026. ... Philadelphia Eagles All-Pro right tackle talked about the rehab from his adductor surgery and his $33M contract extension ... ... The Eagles are signing Lane Johnson to an extension that will keep him under contract with Philadelphia through 2026, according ... Philadelphia Eagles All-Pro right tackle talked about the rehab from his abductor surgery and his $33M contract extension ... ...
United Tech Wins Turkish F-16 Contract
... defense contractor United Technologies announced that its UTC Aerospace Systems subsidiary has won a contract of unspecified ... The contract, part of the ironically acronymed Turkish Airborne Reconnaissance Program, or TARP, is technically with Turkish ... On Friday, defense contractor United Technologies announced that its UTC Aerospace Systems subsidiary has won a contract of ... United Tech Wins Turkish F-16 Contract. Rich Smith, The Motley Fool ...
202120232022AgreementsGrantsSearchProcurementBilateralOriginally appearedCaliforniaAdditionallyOrganizationCompetitivelyConstruction contractProcessesTermsRenewalAccordanceOpportunitiesSupportProcessYearPurchase goods and servNavigationStateStandardActivityReferBuildServicesDataVisitBillionIndividualsCalculated basedCompanyEssentialConditionsSocialCompleteSubmitAccessSignMarketMembersApplySource
- Work for this task order is expected to be complete within 555 days of contract award or by September 2021. (globalsecurity.org)
- As of 9 March 2023, this table will be published monthly, providing the average consumer prices paid (on average) by Dutch households for electricity and gas upon taking out a new variable contract. (cbs.nl)
- The price cap will apply from January 2023 to all contracts of which the price exceeds the set price of the price cap, up to a maximum consumption limit. (cbs.nl)
- Additionally, the Company signed a contract with Crowdcheak (a legal firm that specialises in SEC filing for listed companies looking to raise funds through crowdfunding exercises) on February 2nd 2023. (globenewswire.com)
- In FY 2022, the Office of Acquisition Services (OAS) processed 9,228 contract actions. (cdc.gov)
- DACS is responsible for solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of NSF contracts and of complex cooperative agreements for NSF's research facilities, and major centers' programs such as Science Technology Centers (STC's) and Engineering Research Centers (ERC's). (nsf.gov)
- The Director of Contract Administration supports the grants and program teams with workflow processes that ensure success with meeting contract goals. (idealist.org)
- Oversight of all post awards of grants and contracts by reviewing and signing contracts, internal and external team meetings regarding award and its process, attending conferences etc. (idealist.org)
- The search tool for items on state contracts for use by state agencies, quasi state agencies and political subdivisions. (lsuhsc.edu)
- The Procurement and Contracts Office is the central purchasing authority for CSUDH, as authorized by the CSU Board of Trustees and the Campus President. (csudh.edu)
- Procurement and Contracts subscribes to the Code of Ethics of the CSU Office of the Chancellor, Contract Services, and Procurement. (csudh.edu)
- Since public employment is a public trust, all purchasing decisions are made in accordance with the policies set forth in the Integrated CSU Administrative Manual (ICSUAM) Section 5000 for Contracting and Procurement, CSUDH procedures and guidelines, and the laws of the State of California. (csudh.edu)
- Procurement and Contracts serves and supports the overall mission and goals of the university by employing best practices for a variety of goods and services responsive to the needs of our faculty, staff, and students. (csudh.edu)
- Procurement and Contracts is the only department authorized by written delegation from the President to purchase goods and services and authorize and execute contracts on behalf of the University. (csudh.edu)
- DACS is also responsible for overseeing NSF procurement systems, contracts policy, processes and guidance. (nsf.gov)
- and bilateral contract modifications.When the federal government issues a contract, it is agreeing to provide funds in exchange for the delivery of goods or services from the contractor. (cdc.gov)
- This study aimed to construct and validate an instrument that encompasses the bilateral and multidimensional characters of the content of psychological contracts. (bvsalud.org)
- The article AECOM Awarded $110 Million USAID Contract originally appeared on Fool.com. (aol.com)
- BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair, San Diego, California, is awarded a $200,313,251 firm-fixed-price contract for the execution of the Wasp-class amphibious assault ship USS Boxer's (LHD-4) docking and selected restricted availability. (globalsecurity.org)
- Additionally, this contract provides for spare recertification, obsolescence and health monitoring, TACTOM depot, flight test and engineering support services alongside associated hardware procurements. (globalsecurity.org)
- State and Federal contracts are essential to the sustainability of the organization so it is imperative the Director of Contract Administration builds strong relationships with all staff associated with the implementation of the contract funded activities as well as with state and federally contracted Technical Assistance Providers. (idealist.org)
- This contract was competitively procured via the Federal Business Opportunities website and 22 proposals were received. (globalsecurity.org)
- This contract was competitively procured via the Federal Business Opportunities website, with two offers received in response to solicitation N00024-19-R-4416. (globalsecurity.org)
- This contract was not competitively procured pursuant to 10 U.S. Code 2304(c)(1). (globalsecurity.org)
- We have not been back since the July 2004 meeting because the contract had to be competitively bid. (cdc.gov)
- and The Whiting Turner Contracting Co., Greenbelt, Maryland (N40085-20-D-0036), are awarded a $975,000,000 cumulative value, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, multiple award, design-build (DB) and design-bid-build (DBB) construction contract for large general construction projects. (globalsecurity.org)
- June Construction Contract value in millions of dollars and change from year ago. (latimes.com)
- The Director of Contract Administration manages internal processes across functions including case management, evaluation, and finance. (idealist.org)
- Under the terms of the contract, AECOM will provide USAID with services to help citizens and the government mitigate conflict and participate in political and peace processes, among other things. (aol.com)
- As far as the market dynamics and CMO selection are concerned, overall satisfaction and likelihood of contract renewal are in the 40-50% range across all product types, indicating opportunity for CMO vendor switching in the future. (prnewswire.com)
- Overall satisfaction and likelihood of contract renewal are in the X-X% range across all product types, indicating opportunity for CMO vendors switching in the future as the majority of respondents are dissatisfied and do not have intentions to renew. (prnewswire.com)
- The news outlet also reported that Big Bang leader and rapper G-Dragon was still in the midst of discussions regarding his contract renewal with YG Entertainment. (nme.com)
- Those agencies also carry the responsibility to solicit contracts and award them in accordance with government guidelines. (dhs.gov)
- The overall objective of this study was to provide contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) a sound basis for formulating an effective strategy to compete in the market, including areas of opportunities and threats. (prnewswire.com)
- Hurricane Contracting Information Center (HCIC) provides a central point of reference for businesses, especially minority-owned businesses and small- and medium-sized enterprises, to register for and become aware of federal contracting opportunities in the Gulf Coast. (dhs.gov)
- While the HCIC does not award contracts, it works to ensure that businesses understand the process and are aware when opportunities become available. (dhs.gov)
- As emergency contracting procedures fully evolve into standard contracting procedures, future opportunities will be posted on FedBizOpps . (dhs.gov)
- Planning, solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of research and research support contracts for NSF. (nsf.gov)
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has awarded AECOM Technology a $110 million contract to provide services to USAID's Viable Support to Transition and Stability (VISTAS) program in South Sudan, the company announced this week. (aol.com)
- Tom Widner summarized project goals and status, discussed the new contract, outlined progress with document reviews including presenting plans and procedures for reviewing documents contained in the Litigation Support Database and the Archives, and presented goals and findings of preliminary prioritization of releases. (cdc.gov)
- While the pace of contracts being submitted has slowed over the past few days, Jackson said the university is working with informational technology staff to simplify the webpage used for the process and help it load more quickly. (k-state.edu)
- To find out more about the process and view the contract completion guide, visit housing.k-state.edu/ The website also offers a preview book, in a PDF format, with an overview of the many services provided by K-State Housing and Dining Services. (k-state.edu)
- Fiscal 2019 military construction (MILCON) (Marine Corps) contract funds in the amount of $10,504,353 are obligated on this award and will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. (globalsecurity.org)
- Of infants (younger than 1 year) who contracted pertussis, 24.2% were younger than 2 months. (medscape.com)
- This means that prices of contracts taken out for one year or several years are not included in the calculation. (cbs.nl)
- Early indications show a positive trend for the 2018-2019 school year at Kansas State University: Housing contracts are up from this time last year. (k-state.edu)
- We had 580 completed contracts submitted online by 11 a.m. Nov. 1, the first day the university started accepting housing contracts for the next school year," said Derek Jackson, assistant vice president for student life and director of housing and dining services at K-State. (k-state.edu)
Purchase goods and serv1
- CDC uses contracts to purchase goods and services such as supplies, vaccines, Information Technology (IT), and equipment to advance the agency's public health mission domestically and abroad to keep Americans safe and healthy where they work, live and play. (cdc.gov)
- This contract provides for recertification and modernization of Tactical Tomahawk (TACTOM) Block IV all-up round missiles to include the integration of navigation and communication kits that result in a modernized TACTOM Block V missile. (globalsecurity.org)
- The Director of Contract Administration leads and manages the entire life cycle for all current and upcoming state and federal contracts for funding as well as any subcontracts they contain. (idealist.org)
- If you know you will be attending K-State next fall and want to live in one of our residence halls, we encourage you to complete your housing contract as soon as possible," Jackson said. (k-state.edu)
- Law and public policy have historically responded to four salient characteristics of private contract activity in market, carrying both constructive and damaging aspects. (encyclopedia.com)
- 1) Under the protection of the law of contract, private contract activity seeking profit in market energizes private will in producing and distributing goods and services. (encyclopedia.com)
- The law reflects this appraisal of positive values by presuming the legality of private contracts until a challenger demonstrates their unlawfulness, and by casting some constitutional protections around private contract activity and the property interests it produces. (encyclopedia.com)
- But the driving dynamic of private contract activity is the focused self-interest of the bargainers. (encyclopedia.com)
- But the money calculus required by extended contract activity carries dangers of a bias in identifying and weighing matters of public interest. (encyclopedia.com)
- Contracts refer to a mutually binding legal relationship obligating the seller to furnish the supplies or services (including construction) and the buyer to pay for them. (cdc.gov)
- Despite lockdowns and travel restrictions, the company delivered its largest historical contracted build capacity for customers," he said in a statement to the ASX. (afr.com)
- Oracle has created a consistent contract model that applies globally to all of our products and services. (oracle.com)
- Many contracts incorporate policies that apply to specific aspects of the products we offer and the services we deliver. (oracle.com)
- Your contract with Oracle includes the policies that apply to the products and services that you have ordered. (oracle.com)
- Oracle NetSuite (NSGBU) has a consistent contract model for all programs and services globally. (oracle.com)
- Local data centre player NEXTDC has delivered its fattest pipeline of newly contracted customer demand as data use continues to skyrocket. (afr.com)
- Visit the Doing Business with CDC page for general information and key resources for bidding or proposing on CDC contracts. (cdc.gov)
- Freedom of contract in the United States means that the law accepts and protects broad scope for private individuals and business firms to decide the uses of economic resources in seeking profits. (encyclopedia.com)
- Through the country's history, sharp controversies have centered on exercise of freedom of contract as it has affected concerns for the worth of individuals, the vitality of private markets, the natural and social environment, and the structure of practical as well as formal legal power in the society. (encyclopedia.com)
- The table "Average energy tariffs for consumers" currently available on StatLine is calculated based on various types of contracts. (cbs.nl)
- For the 12 months to December 31, the company added 17.7 megawatts of utilisation, representing growth of 33 per cent to total contracted utilisation of 71 MW. (afr.com)
- At Oracle, transparency in our contracts and policies is essential to our business. (oracle.com)
- 3) Whether tailored to particular transactions or standardized as in such commercial instruments as promissory notes or warehouse receipts, private contracts can be multiplied to any number of dealings and varied to shifting conditions of supply and demand . (encyclopedia.com)
- Contracts and the market thus permit flexible adaptation to changes in the conditions of the economy and the parties. (encyclopedia.com)
- The law's attention to freedom of contract has centered on fostering and sustaining the private market as a major institution of social control (ranking in importance with the law itself). (encyclopedia.com)
- In the country's constitutional tradition, social and political values also favor freedom of contract. (encyclopedia.com)
- Is there a social justice to dentistry's social contract? (bvsalud.org)
- In this article, we examine these and other issues through the framework of the social contract , with a focus on exploring how social justice fits within the transaction of duties between the dental profession and society. (bvsalud.org)
- specifically, how the context of dentistry as, in part, an aesthetically driven discipline, impacts the social contract . (bvsalud.org)
- Through examining the nature of how the social contract has shifted (for example, by the attenuation of professional monopolies), we also ask whether this is evidence of a loss of confidence in the dental profession as an altruistic institution. (bvsalud.org)
- We end by suggesting that the dental profession must engage with the tenets of social justice within the social contract . (bvsalud.org)
- This entry was posted in Health disparities , Human rights , Universal health coverage and tagged Dynamic Poverty , Human Development , Social Agenda , Social Contract , Social inequality , Social Integrity by Editor Equity/Equidad - CG . (bvsalud.org)
- The term of the contract is not to exceed 60 months and is expected to be complete by March 2025. (globalsecurity.org)
- You are more likely to land a room in the residence hall of your choice the sooner you submit the contract. (k-state.edu)
- Not only have we signed up to use the WeFunder platform, but we were also lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to sign a separate contract with them to conduct the accompanying marketing exercise. (globenewswire.com)
- Even the assessment of the interactions of freedom of contract and other values, not defined in market, has typically resulted from community reactions to the effects of market operations. (encyclopedia.com)
- Thus, to examine the place of freedom of contract in constitutional law entails examining the roles and working character of the market. (encyclopedia.com)
- Big Bang members Taeyang and Daesung have left longtime agency YG Entertainment following the expiration of their contracts. (nme.com)
- The average including price cap will therefore not apply to a large number of individual households with a new variable contract, as consumption determines the average price, unlike the variable supply tariff excluding price cap. (cbs.nl)
- Infants who contract pertussis from a known source are now more likely to have gotten it from a sibling than from their mother. (medscape.com)