The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)
The attempt to improve the PHENOTYPES of future generations of the human population by fostering the reproduction of those with favorable phenotypes and GENOTYPES and hampering or preventing BREEDING by those with "undesirable" phenotypes and genotypes. The concept is largely discredited. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Medicine in Literature
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Angioplasty, Balloon, Coronary
Sequence Analysis, DNA
The separation or resolution of the psyche into its constituent elements. The term has two separate meanings: 1. a procedure devised by Sigmund Freud, for investigating mental processes by means of free association, dream interpretation and interpretation of resistance and transference manifestations; and 2. a theory of psychology developed by Freud from his clinical experience with hysterical patients. (From Campbell, Psychiatric Dictionary, 1996).
Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
A theorem in probability theory named for Thomas Bayes (1702-1761). In epidemiology, it is used to obtain the probability of disease in a group of people with some characteristic on the basis of the overall rate of that disease and of the likelihood of that characteristic in healthy and diseased individuals. The most familiar application is in clinical decision analysis where it is used for estimating the probability of a particular diagnosis given the appearance of some symptoms or test result.
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
A family of percutaneous techniques that are used to manage CORONARY OCCLUSION, including standard balloon angioplasty (PERCUTANEOUS TRANSLUMINAL CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY), the placement of intracoronary STENTS, and atheroablative technologies (e.g., ATHERECTOMY; ENDARTERECTOMY; THROMBECTOMY; PERCUTANEOUS TRANSLUMINAL LASER ANGIOPLASTY). PTCA was the dominant form of PCI, before the widespread use of stenting.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
Conservation of Natural Resources
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
A nonparametric method of compiling LIFE TABLES or survival tables. It combines calculated probabilities of survival and estimates to allow for observations occurring beyond a measurement threshold, which are assumed to occur randomly. Time intervals are defined as ending each time an event occurs and are therefore unequal. (From Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1995)
Labor Stage, First
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Emigration and Immigration
A late 20th-century philosophical approach or style of cultural analysis that seeks to reveal the cultural or social construction of concepts conventionally assumed to be natural or universal. (from E.R. DuBose, The Illusion of Trust: Toward a Medical Theological Ethics in the Postmodern Age, Kluwer, 1995)
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
A body of water covering approximately one-fifth of the total ocean area of the earth, extending amidst Africa in the west, Australia in the east, Asia in the north, and Antarctica in the south. Including the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf, it constitutes the third largest ocean after the ATLANTIC OCEAN and the PACIFIC OCEAN. (New Encyclopaedia Britannica Micropaedia, 15th ed, 1990, p289)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Quantitative Trait, Heritable
Terminology as Topic
Proportional Hazards Models
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Motion Pictures as Topic
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Acute Coronary Syndrome
Sex Determination by Skeleton
A phenomenon that is observed when a small subgroup of a larger POPULATION establishes itself as a separate and isolated entity. The subgroup's GENE POOL carries only a fraction of the genetic diversity of the parental population resulting in an increased frequency of certain diseases in the subgroup, especially those diseases known to be autosomal recessive.
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Complete or partial surgical removal of the prostate. Three primary approaches are commonly employed: suprapubic - removal through an incision above the pubis and through the urinary bladder; retropubic - as for suprapubic but without entering the urinary bladder; and transurethral (TRANSURETHRAL RESECTION OF PROSTATE).
A group of islands in the southwest Pacific. Its capital is Wellington. It was discovered by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642 and circumnavigated by Cook in 1769. Colonized in 1840 by the New Zealand Company, it became a British crown colony in 1840 until 1907 when colonial status was terminated. New Zealand is a partly anglicized form of the original Dutch name Nieuw Zeeland, new sea land, possibly with reference to the Dutch province of Zeeland. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p842 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p378)
Chromosomes, Human, Y
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Coronary Artery Disease
Maps as Topic
Severity of Illness Index
Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Codes of Ethics
Islam in China (1911-present)
Contemporary China Studies. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-01. The Encyclopaedia of Islam. Contributor Sir H. A. R ... Religious freedom is present for Hui Muslims, who can practice their religion, build Mosques, and have their children attend ... "Chinese Muslim literature" (PDF). Contemporary China Studies - School of Interdisciplinary Area Studies - University of Oxford ... past and present" (PDF). CSRC Working Paper Series (Working Paper no.68): 1-2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 January ...
Political history of the United Kingdom (1979-present)
Thatcher was incensed by one contemporary view within the Civil Service that its job was to manage the UK's decline from the ... Her unpopularity on the left is evident from the lyrics of several contemporary popular songs: "Stand Down Margaret" (The Beat ... George Sweeney, "Irish hunger strikes and the cult of self-sacrifice." Journal of Contemporary History 28.3 (1993): 421-437. in ... ISBN 978-1-349-24942-8. Marquand, David (1987). "The literature on Thatcher". Contemporary British History. 1 (3): 30-31. doi: ...
"Contemporary Glass 2012/2013". Palm Springs Art Museum. Retrieved 17 April 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Work ... "Present". Corning Museum of Glass. Retrieved 17 April 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "SAMLINGEN - Glasmuseet". ... Nicole Chesney (born 1971, in Cinnaminson, New Jersey) is an American contemporary artist. She is best known for her mirrored ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Oldknow, Tina; Elliott, Kelley Jo (2014). Collecting Contemporary Glass. Corning, NY: ...
Pollitt's embarrassment was heightened by the fact that he had been present in Moscow for the party congress at which the ... Childs, David (April 1977). "The British Communist Party and the War, 1939-41: Old Slogans Revived". Journal of Contemporary ... Childs, David (April 1977). "The British Communist Party and the War, 1939-41: Old Slogans Revived". Journal of Contemporary ... Childs, David (April 1977). "The British Communist Party and the War, 1939-41: Old Slogans Revived". Journal of Contemporary ...
"Orion Magazine , The Present Future". Orion Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-17. "Baroque Biology". Contemporary Arts Center, ... Small World: Dioramas in Contemporary Art / essays by Toby Kamps and Ralph Rugoff. San Diego, Calif. : Museum of Contemporary ... Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati. pp. 20-23. Goodman, Cynthia (2007). Forward. Romantic Attachments. Contemporary Arts ... Cincinnati's Contemporary Arts Center hosted a two-person show with works by Rockman and Tony Matelli in the 2007 exhibition, " ...
Art in Nazi Germany
Journal of Contemporary History. 10(4), p. 649-665 Michaud, Eric (2004). The Cult of Art in Nazi Germany, translated by Janet ... The owner of the vault was required to be present. One particular investigation of a vault was that of Pablo Picasso; he chose ... In a book written about Hans Pfitzner and Wagner, published in Regensburg in 1939 followed not only the birth of contemporary ... Richard Strauss continued to be the most performed contemporary German composer, as he had been prior to the Nazi regime. ...
Double genocide theory
The term Red Holocaust was coined by the Institute of Contemporary History (Munich Institut für Zeitgeschichte) at Munich. ... History of the Present. 4 (2): 115-142. doi:10.5406/historypresent.4.2.0115. JSTOR 10.5406/historypresent.4.2.0115. Radonić, ... Contemporary European History. 21 (2): 133-143. ISSN 0960-7773. JSTOR 41485456. Ghodsee, Kristen (2014). "A Tale of 'Two ...
"Exhibition History, 1971 - Present" (PDF). The Photographers' Gallery. Retrieved 30 October 2018. Lukens, Victoria. "Janine ... Realising Design, Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, 1 December 1978 - 7 January 1979. A Woman's Place: The Changing ... From 1968 to the present Wiedel has been documenting protest, protest movements and multicultural communities. In 1974 Wiedel ... "ICA Exhibition Archive 1948-2017" (PDF). Institute of Contemporary Arts. Retrieved 22 September 2019. Souhami, Diana (1986). A ...
Janet Zollinger Giele
A review in Contemporary Sociology criticizes the book for not adequately explaining why women's status improves, either with ... Social movements past and present. New York: Twayne Publishers. Giele, J. Z.; Elder, Jr., G. H., eds. (1998). Methods of Life ... Contemporary world issues. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-Clio Press. Giele, J. Z.; Holst, Elke, eds. (2004). Changing Life ... Contemporary family perspectives. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications. "Janet Z Giele". The Heller School Faculty and ...
"Museum of Contemporary Photography". Museum of Contemporary Photography. Retrieved 2020-11-30. "Ron Jude". Museum of ... "Exhibition History, 1971 - Present" (PDF). The Photographers' Gallery. Retrieved 2020-11-29. "Backstory: LaToya Ruby Frazier, ... Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia, Atlanta, Georgia: 3 prints (as of December 2020) Museum of Contemporary Photography, ... His work is held in the collections of the George Eastman Museum; High Museum of Art, MoCP, Museum of Contemporary Art of ...
"Contemporary Masters from Britain , Ehryn Torrell , Axisweb". Axisweb. Retrieved 27 September 2017. "江苏省美术馆". www.jsmsg.com. ... "Lloyds Club present Winter Salon". lloydsclub.createsend1.com. Retrieved 27 September 2017. "Susie Hamilton- 'Time Will Come ... "Drink & Dial". WW Contemporary Art. Retrieved 27 September 2017. "Garageland 19 - The Self in Speech by Susie Hamilton". www. ... "Vacant Lots". WW Contemporary Art. Retrieved 27 September 2017. "Archive". The Columbia Threadneedle Prize. Retrieved 27 ...
"Two imperatives in contemporary journalism". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Faina, J. (2012). Public journalism is a ... To maintain objectivity in journalism, journalists should present the facts whether or not they like or agree with those facts ... Before then, American newspapers were expected to present a partisan viewpoint, not a neutral one. The need for objectivity ... doi:10.1177/1464884912448899 Harrison, J. M., & Stein, H. H. (1973). Muckraking: Past, present and future. University Park: ...
William Sloane (author)
1640 to the present day. 3d revised edition. By W.J. Burke and Will D. Howe. Revised by Irving Weiss and Anne Weiss. New York: ... Contemporary Authors. Volumes 53-56. Detroit: Gale Research, 1975. Who Was Who in America. Volume 6, 1974-1976. Chicago: ...
"The Past is Present". Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit. Retrieved 2018-04-04. "Exhibition Archive - Museum of Contemporary ... he served as chief curator at large at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD). His exhibition, The Past Is Present, ... Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale, Arizona; and ... From 2003 to 2007 Hoffmann was the director of exhibitions at the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London, and from 2007 to ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Jason, Philip K. (1995). "The Sixties Past and Present". Contemporary Literature. 36 (4 ... ISBN 978-0-8173-0867-4. Janette, Michele (2002). "What We Talk about When We Talk about War". Contemporary Literature. 43 (4): ... Contemporary Literature. 39 (1): 77-98. JSTOR 1208922. "'It don't mean nothin': Vietnam War fiction and postmodernism". College ...
Between Past and Present. An Essay on History. New Haven: Yale, 1958. Repr. New York: Kennikat, 1973. Humanism in the ... Essays on Zionism and the Contemporary Jewish Condition. New York: Herzl Press, 1980. The Holocaust as Historical Experience: ... Philosophy, History, and Politics: Studies in Contemporary English Philosophy of History. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1976. Theory and ... Contemporary Era. The Hague: Mouton, 1963. The Recurring Pattern: Studies in Anti-Judaism in Modern Thought. London: Weidenfeld ...
254-255 Krausz, Tamas (3 April 2008). "National bolshevism ‐ past and present". Contemporary Politics. 1 (2): 114-120. doi: ...
Timeline of Cambridge
"Cambridge Past, Present & Future" (PDF). Cambridgeshire Association for Local History. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 ... K. S. Inglis (1992). "The Homecoming: The War Memorial Movement in Cambridge, England". Journal of Contemporary History. 27 (4 ...
"The Middle East's present-day borders stem largely from the 1916 Sykes-Picot agreement between France and the UK. Deprived of a ... 2020). The Oxford Handbook of Contemporary Middle-Eastern and North African History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19- ... i.e. the present-day Turkish, Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan) In the Dispersion. Jerusalem: World Zionist Organization, ... ISBN 0-415-07265-4. White, Benjamin Thomas (2017). "Refugees and the definition of Syria, 1920-1939*". Past and Present (235): ...
Austro-Corporatism: Past, Present, Future. Contemporary Austrian studies 4. New Brunswick, New Jersey: Transaction, 1996. ISBN ...
Villari, Rosario (August 1985). "Masaniello: Contemporary and Recent Interpretations". Past and Present. 108: 117-132. doi: ... Past and Present. 99: 3-21. doi:10.1093/past/99.1.3. di Rose, Aurelio (2001). I Palazzi di Napoli. Rome: Newton & Compton ...
ISBN 0-691-01930-4. Michaels, Axel (2004). Hinduism: Past and Present. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press. ISBN ... 0-691-08953-1. Possehl, Gregory (2003). The Indus Civilization: A Contemporary Perspective. AltaMira Press. ISBN 978-0-7591- ...
Statism in Shōwa Japan
ISBN 0-312-23915-7. Gordon, Andrew (2003). A Modern History of Japan: From Tokugawa Times to the Present. Oxford University ... The 'Uyoku Rōnin Dō', Assessing the Lifestyles and Values of Japan's Contemporary Right Wing Radical Activists, Discussion ... Sunoo, Harold Hwakon (1975). Japanese Militarism, Past and Present. Burnham Inc Pub. ISBN 0-88229-217-X. Wolferen, Karen J ( ... Maki, John M (2007). Japanese Militarism, Past and Present. Thomspon Press. ISBN 1-4067-2272-3. Reynolds, E Bruce (2004). Japan ...
... , also known as LGBT+ art or queer aesthetics, broadly refers to modern and contemporary visual art practices that ... "Queer Art: 1960s to the Present". Art History Teaching Resources. Archived from the original on 27 August 2019. Retrieved 11 ... While by definition there can be no singular "queer art", contemporary artists who identify their practices as queer often call ... Getsy, David J. (2016). Queer: Documents of Contemporary Art. London; Cambridge, MA: Whitechapel Gallery and The MIT Press. pp ...
"Home , Institute of Contemporary Arts". Ica.org.uk. 2015-04-22. Archived from the original on 2006-12-03. Retrieved 2015-06-11 ... "NME C86: The Wedding Present + more". Timeout.com. 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2015-06-11. "Various Artists (26) - C86". BBC Music. ... NME promoted the tape in conjunction with London's Institute of Contemporary Arts, who staged a week of gigs, in July 1986 ... between enthusiasts of contemporary progressive black music (for example, by Public Enemy and Mantronix), and fans of guitar- ...
Victoria Harbour (British Columbia)
"Race Rocks Contemporary History: 1975- present". Retrieved 2010-02-04. "About ACPA: Membership". Association of Canadian Port ...
1999). Encyclopedia of Contemporary British Culture. London: Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-14726-2. "Island: The record label which ... ISBN 0-9770875-8-1. Baugh, Edward (1998). Chancellor, I Present. Mona: Canoe Press. ISBN 978-9768125514. Bradley, Lloyd (2001 ... "Toots and the Maytals." Contemporary Musicians. . Encyclopedia.com. 6 October 2016 . "Toots and the Maytals: Reggae Got Soul". ...
Indian political philosophy
... and the contemporary (post-independence - present). In India as elsewhere, political philosophy involves on the one hand ... Contemporary Indian political philosophy is an emerging discipline garnering increasing interest with the rise of comparative ... Indian Political Thought--A Reader: comprehensive introduction to the study of contemporary Indian political philosophy. ...
Lorenzo Belenguer (2014-09-04). "Present Iranian Art at Debut Contemporary". HuffPost UK. Retrieved 2018-02-06. Gallery, ... Modern and Contemporary Middle Eastern Art, Bonham's, London (November 2017)[better source needed] Contemporary Middle Eastern ... Extremis, Setareh Gallery (October, November 2019) Middle Eastern Modern and Contemporary Art, Christie's, London (October 2019 ... a collection of contemporary works by artists of Iranian descent. It houses pieces by artists including Parviz Tanavoli, Shirin ...
Volume II: Contemporary Trajectories, 1799-Present. Editor. Louisville, Kentucky: Westminster/John Knox Press, 1993. Jesus ...
Socialist Sunday School
That the present social system is devoid of the elements of love or justice, since, as an organisation, it ignores the claims ... While precise enrollment numbers are not available, one contemporary estimated in the spring of 1911 that some 2,000 children ... with 6 teachers and about 150 pupils present for the launch. ... A School Where Contempt of the Present Social System is Taught ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
... level of pesticide present on or in the particular food/feed commodity. The EPA may also choose to provide an exemption to the ... FQPA also requires the EPA to review pesticides on a 15-year cycle to ensure all pesticides meet contemporary safety and ... and several others have expanded EPA's present authority to oversee the sales and use of pesticides with emphasis on the ...
At present, along with the Vistula valley, erosion of the banks and collecting of new deposits are still occurring. ... for the shortest way to the sea-thousands of years ago it flowed into the North Sea somewhere at the latitude of contemporary ... The river took its present shape within the last 14,000 years, after the complete recession of the Scandinavian ice sheet from ...
Type 2 diabetes
Contemporary endocrinology. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press. p. 462. ISBN 978-1-58829-794-5. . OCLC 261324723.. ... a high waist-hip ratio is often present. Smoking appears to increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. A lack of sleep has ... Other symptoms that are commonly present at diagnosis include a history of blurred vision, itchiness, peripheral neuropathy, ...
The Dream Academy
Gabriel was not present. The performance setlist included In Places on the Run, Johnny New Light, Love Parade, Life in a ... "The Dream Academy Album & Song Chart History: Adult Contemporary". Billboard. Retrieved 14 August 2010.. ...
One of the few growth industries in contemporary Britain is alternative medicine. An apparently endless stream of books, ... these descriptive definitions are inadequate in the present-day when some conventional doctors offer alternative medical ... Many patients lack access to contemporary medicine, due to a lack of private or public health insurance, which leads them to ...
a b c d e f g h Van Holde, K. E. (1998). Analytical ultracentrifugation from 1924 to the present: A remarkable history. ... Cole, J.L., Hansen, J.C. Analytical Ultracentrifugation as a Contemporary Biomolecular Research Tool. Methods and Reviews, 1999 ... They used density gradient centrifugation to determine which isotope or isotopes of nitrogen were present in the DNA after ... the volume fraction of solids present, the density difference between the particle and the liquid, and the viscosity. The most ...
Ground cover is present along with grain, vegetable crops and orchards. Chickens run free in orchards and ducks and carp ... Author and researcher M. Kat Anderson writes that "According to contemporary Native Americans, it is only through interaction ... For plants to thrive a certain quantity of organic matter (around 5%) must be present in the soil. ...
Contemporary descriptionsEdit. Later thinkers of the RSS, like H. V. Sheshadri and K. S. Rao, were to emphasise on the non- ... the present-day ruling Bharatiya Janata Party) under another euphemistic relabelling Bharatiyata (Indianness). ... Hindu contemporary activism. *. Damodharan, Dipin (1 August 2011). "Hindu Nation: The Undisputed Legacy Of Every Indian". ... Vivekananda as a student was educated in contemporary Western thought. He joined Brahmo Samaj briefly before meeting ...
2) structure.[b] The contemporary Cuban practice is to write the duple-pulse clave in a single measure of 4. 4. It is also ... It is present in a variety of genres such as Abakuá music, rumba, conga, son, mambo, salsa, songo, timba and Afro-Cuban jazz. ... Contemporary books that deal with clave, share a certain fundamental understanding on what clave means.[failed verification] ... The son clave rhythm is present in Jamaican mento music, and can be heard on 1950s-era recordings such as "Don't Fence Her In ...
Contemporary era. Before the collapse of the Soviet Union, Iran was the only country that officially observed the ... "Culture of Iran: No-Rooz, The Iranian New Year at Present Times". www.iranchamber.com. Retrieved 1 February 2016.. ... The present-day calendar system was first enacted by the Iranian Parliament on March 31, 1925. Iran's Nowruz celebrations ... The initial term Haft Chin meaning "the seven collected", has been gradually altered to the present-day name of the setting. ...
This difference is present in the articles "o / a / os/ as" (the), nouns "o can / a cadela" (the dog / the (female) dog), ... while contemporary parchments elsewhere in Asturias are written in Castilian (i.e. Spanish). The two most important traits ...
C. Encyclopedia of World's Languages: Past and Present (Facts About the World's Languages) (PDF). WW Wilson, New York. ISBN 0- ... NTC/Contemporary Publishing Company. ISBN 0-8442-3752-3.. *. Ray, P; Hai, MA; Ray, L (1966). "Bengali language handbook". ... Bengali language is native to the region of Bengal, which comprises Indian states of West Bengal and the present-day nation of ... where the copula or connective be is often missing in the present tense. Thus, "he is a teacher" is সে শিক্ষক se shikkhôk ...
Positron emission tomography
At present,[when?] by far the most commonly used radiotracer in clinical PET scanning is fluorodeoxyglucose (also called FDG or ... Contemporary scanners can estimate attenuation using integrated x-ray CT equipment, in place of earlier equipment that offered ... don't pay for routine PET scans after cancer treatment due to the fact that these scans are often unnecessary and present ...
The Indus Civilization: A Contemporary Perspective by Gregory L. Possehl p.111 ... with the highest prevalence of both disease and trauma present in the skeletons from Area G (an ossuary located south-east of ... Paleopathological analysis demonstrated that leprosy and tuberculosis were present at Harappa, ...
Leften Stavros Stavrianos (1991). A Global History from Prehistory to the Present. New Jersey, USA: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13- ... Like contemporary egalitarian hunter-gatherers such as the Mbuti pygmies, societies may have made decisions by communal ... Leften Stavros Stavrianos (1991). A Global History from Prehistory to the Present. New Jersey, USA: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13- ... During the preceding Pliocene, continents had continued to drift from possibly as far as 250 km (160 mi) from their present ...
In contemporary useEdit. Fashion designer Mandali Mendrilla designed an interactive art installation called Mandala of Desires ... One of several parallels between Eastern and Mesoamerican cultures, the Mayan civilization tended to present calendars in a ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
In present prices this will probably be around 400'000 $.). When Agnes is planning to buy the building in which she has created ... In addition, in contemporary Danish a "matador" is often used to describe a business tycoon, in the series referring to the ...
NTC/Contemporary Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1-85326-318-7.. *^ "The Royal Australasian College of Physicians: What are ... History of present illness (HPI): the chronological order of events of symptoms and further clarification of each symptom. ... Contemporary medicine applies biomedical sciences, biomedical research, genetics, and medical technology to diagnose, treat, ... Contemporary medicine is in general conducted within health care systems. Legal, credentialing and financing frameworks are ...
Roberts, William J. (2004). France: A Reference Guide from the Renaissance to the Present (European Nations) (European Nations ... 2001). Encyclopedia of Contemporary French Culture (Routledge; Routledge World Reference edition izd.). ISBN 0415263549. http ... books.google.com/books/about/Encyclopedia_of_Contemporary_French_Cult.html?id=getDruRAaqgC. ...
... present-day Pittsburgh) and the British with Indian allies controlled the area of Fort Detroit (in present-day Michigan). ... Contemporary tribes and organizations. Federally recognized tribes. Three Lenape tribes are federally recognized in ... Dutch settlers also founded a colony at present-day Lewes, Delaware on June 3, 1631 and named it Zwaanendael (Swan Valley). ... In contemporary Unami orthography, "food" is michëwakàn, "hill" is ahchu, "corn" is xàskwim, and "wolf" is tëme.[a] ...
Women's education in the United States
Parish School: American Catholic Parochial Education from Colonial Times to the Present (1996). ... "contemporary discourse that reinforced the need for higher education for women in their positions as wives, mothers, citizens, ...
"In Romaniello, Matthew; Starks, Tricia (eds.). Tobacco in Russian History and Culture: The Seventeenth Century to the Present. ... Hamburg Contemporary Economic Discussion Paper No. 26. doi:10.2139/ssrn.1520573. hdl:10419/42235. S2CID 41821350. SSRN 1520573. ... "In Romaniello, Matthew; Starks, Tricia (eds.). Tobacco in Russian History and Culture: The Seventeenth Century to the Present. ... own research to be present at higher concentrations in second-hand smoke than in mainstream smoke. ...
A Nation So Conceived: Reflections on the History of America From Its Early Visions to its Present Power with Alan Heimert, ... Reinhold Niebuhr and Contemporary Politics (2010). *Hein, David. "Niebuhr's Irony of American History: Still Vital at 65." The ... The contemporary liberal's fascination with Niebuhr, I suggest, comes less from Niebuhr's dark theory of human nature and more ... Lovin, Robin (2003). "Reinhold Niebuhr in Contemporary Scholarship". Journal of Religious Ethics. 31 (3): 489-505. doi:10.1111/ ...
... is established in the U.S., Canada, and Australia, and is present to a lesser extent in many other countries. ... Dagenais S, Gay RE, Tricco AC, Freeman MD, Mayer JM (October 2010). "NASS Contemporary Concepts in Spine Care: spinal ... but unnecessary manipulation could possibly present a risk to patients. Some chiropractors are concerned by the routine ...
Even up to the present day, a flask of manna is extracted from the tomb of Saint Nicholas every year on 6 December (the Saint's ... a Russian version of his Life and an account of the transfer of his relics were written by a contemporary to this event. ... The fourth-century Saint Nikolaos of Myra, Greek Anatolia (in present-day Turkey) spread to Europe through the port city of ... who was also present at the council. Adam C. English notes that lists of the attendees at Nicaea vary considerably, with ...
A June 2020 study published in PNAS posits that the contemporary extinction crisis "may be the most serious environmental ... Radiocarbon dating of multiple subfossil specimens shows that now extinct giant lemurs were present in Madagascar until after ... At present rates, we will lose the big cats in 10 to 15 years. ... at present there are fewer than 400,000 remaining. Prior ... and contemporary human population size and growth, along with per-capita consumption growth, prominently in the past two ...
b. ^ According to a contemporary, El Greco acquired his name, not only for his place of origin, but also for the sublimity of ... Born in 1541, in either the village of Fodele or Candia (the Venetian name of Chandax, present day Heraklion) on Crete,[c] El ... El Greco's dramatic and expressionistic style was met with puzzlement by his contemporaries but found appreciation by the 20th ... a prosperous present and an uncertain future". In Rome, El Greco had earned the respect of some intellectuals, but was also ...
The present Catechism of the Catholic Church states that the term soul "refers to the innermost aspect of [persons], that which ... Gilbert Ryle's ghost in the machine argument, which is a rejection of Descartes' mind-body dualism, can provide a contemporary ... while atman as that which is universal unchanging self that is present in all living beings and everything else as the ...
Giant current ripples
Up to the present, hundreds of locations of the fields of giant current ripples have been discovered in North America and ... At that time P.A. Okishev flatly disagreed with his predecessors and contemporaries. He argued that the proofs of the erosional ... The giant current ripples in the valleys of the Altai (except Kuray depression) are ordinary ripples like contemporary river ... Then these correctly summarised data must be compared with various phases of the contemporary mountainous alluvium at the ...
Browse In Ethnic Groups, 1972-present: The Contemporary World | Oxford African American Studies Center
Black-Jewish relations represent a richly layered chapter in twentieth-century U.S. history and, depending upon the area of activity or the time period involved, convey distinctive lessons not just for Jews or blacks but for all Americans with commitments to fair play, social justice, and human rights at home and abroad. The active engagement of Jewish Americans in civil rights struggles on behalf of blacks-from the establishment of the NAACP in 1909 to the freedom riders and other civil rights events and actions in the 1960s-is an inspiring narrative of interethnic cooperation.. At the same time the participation of blacks and Jews in the labor movement and the Communist Party USA during the 1930s and 1940s has since the 1960s produced multiple ambivalent readings of motive and attitudes on both sides And at least since the 1990s an exasperating level of open conflict and ugliness has emerged between the two groups .... ...
Bluffton, South Carolina - Wikipedia
Contemporary era (1945-present). Palmetto Bluff at Montage Resort in Bluffton ... Agriculture and pine timber harvesting contributed to the landscape still present today. The town proper consists of five ... had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.4% were non-families. 18.4% of all households were made up of ... by area plantation owners seeking the high ground and cool river breezes as an escape from the unhealthy conditions present on ...
Socialism in Australia - Wikipedia
Asian Studies: Routledge Contemporary Japan Series - Routledge
Past and Present, 1st Edition. Edited by Janet Hunter, Cornelia Storz. Institutional and technological change is a highly ... Hailed by Japanese critics as a milestone in the study of contemporary Japanese media, this book explores the contemporary ... Routledge Contemporary Japan Series. The aim of this series is to publish original, high-quality work by both new and ... Animism in Contemporary Japan. Voices for the Anthropocene from post-Fukushima Japan, 1st Edition. By Shoko Yoneyama ...
Contemporary United States (1968-present) - Ken Burns Classroom
Cold War tensions persist and heighten until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Civil Rights, and Womens Rights, which have their roots in the 19th century, grow into movements that evolve the public conversation. The environmental movement, which began in the 20th century, is fueled by the 1962 publication of Rachel Carlsons book, Silent Spring, and the establishment by Congress in 1970 of the Environmental Protection Agency under the presidency of Richard Nixon. The country faces new wars abroad and at home, new challenges. As the great Mark Twain said, "History doesnt repeat itself but it often rhymes.". ...
Contemporary Issues - Immunisations by Kento Hagino on Prezi
Export to Portable prezi to present offline. *Present offline on a Mac or PC (embedded YouTube videos need internet to play) ... Transcript of Contemporary Issues - Immunisations. BABY . R. A. I. N. B. O. W. CHEN. Contemporary Issues - Immunisations. ... Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present. *People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi ... Download for Prezi Desktop Pro to edit and present offline (for Pro users). DownloadCancel ...
Art & Visual Culture: Visual Culture - Routledge
Photography and the Contemporary Cultural Condition. Commemorating the Present. By Peter D. Osborne ... While contemporary media images largely frame migration in terms of trauma, victimhood, and pity, so much more can be… ... Visual Typologies from the Early Modern to the Contemporary. Local Contexts and Global Practices. Edited by Tara Zanardi, Lynda ... Visual Typologies from the Early Modern to the Contemporary investigates the pictorial representation of types from the ...
UCTV, University of California Television
The Present In Drag - Biennales - Berlin Biennale
The Present In Drag // That was great. You learned that ... you exist online, but your ass still hurts and grinds. Whenever ... Welcome to the post-contemporary. The future feels like the past: familiar, predictable, immutable-leaving the present with the ... The Present in Drag. As a theme, "the present" strikes a slightly desperate tone. Like a spin-class instructor trying to power ... Post-contemporary Art Young Curators Workshop in conjunction with the 9th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art ...
Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology by Rose Jay on Prezi
Export to Portable prezi to present offline. *Present offline on a Mac or PC (embedded YouTube videos need internet to play) ... Transcript of Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology. Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology. Method. Results. Conclusion. ... Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present. *People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi ... Download for Prezi Desktop Pro to edit and present offline (for Pro users). DownloadCancel ...
Handmade Beaded Costume Necklaces & Pendants | eBay
Art History: Course Descriptions
ARTH 243 (TH) Contemporary Art: 1970-Present (1). A multimedia and transnational overview of art production and consumption ... ARTH 237 (TH) Modern and Contemporary Chinese and Chinese-American Art and Visual Culture (1). Surveys modern and contemporary ... Contemporary formats such as video, performance and installation are examined in relation to broader social issues such as ... ARTH 117 (IT) Introduction to Modern and Contemporary Art (1). This course is the third of a three-semester series intended to ...
Contemporary Latin - Wikipedia
... and in some spheres prevails to the present day, contemporary Latin as used by the living Latin community has generally adopted ... Contemporary Latin is the form of the Latin language used since the end of the 19th century. Various kinds of contemporary ... Many users of contemporary Latin promote its use as a spoken language, a movement that dubs itself "Living Latin". Two main ... Some contemporary works have been produced originally in Latin, most overwhelmingly poetry, but also prose, as well as music or ...
Legal Understanding of Slavery: From the Historical to the Contemporary - Oxford Scholarship
It shows how the definition of slavery in law and the contemporary understanding of slavery has continually evolved and ... 16 Contemporary International Legal Norms on Slavery Holly Cullen 17 Trafficking, Gender and Slavery: Past and Present* Orlando ... The Legal Understanding of Slavery: From the Historical to the Contemporary. Jean Allain. Abstract. Slavery is the status or ... It shows how the definition of slavery in law and the contemporary understanding of slavery has continually evolved and ...
News | London Design Festival
London Potters present a second week showcasing diverse and contemporary ceramics ..in [email protected] ...
Video Letter from China | Asia Society
Glaucoma drainage devices; past, present, and future | British Journal of Ophthalmology
Contemporary GDDs. Tube and plate devices still dominate the contemporary GDD market. Prominent examples, in chronological ... 1955) The present state of the use of plastics in eye surgery. Acta Ophthalmol 33:337-370. ... Plate elements of contemporary GDDs often impinge on the extraocular muscles, either directly or through adhesions with septal ... While the post-antimetabolite era of GFS may have presaged a downturn in the use of contemporary GDDs, it also heralds an ...
Charleston, South Carolina - Wikipedia
2.6 Contemporary era (1945-present) *2.6.1 Condemnation of role in the slave trade ... Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston is free a non-collecting contemporary arts organization. ... The present city has a total area of 127.5 square miles (330.2 km2), of which 109.0 square miles (282.2 km2) is land and 18.5 ... Charleston adopted its present spelling with its incorporation as a city in 1783 at the close of the Revolutionary War. ...
Five most sustainable Nordic chairs named in Nordic Design Competition: Sustainable Chairs
9th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art - Wikipedia
The 9th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art, held in 2016, was curated by the collaborative project DIS and titled The Present ... The other venues were the KW Institute for Contemporary Art, Akademie der Kunste, The European School of Management and ... Malick, Courtney (July 2016). "9th Berline Biennale: The Present in Drag". Art Papers. Archived from the original on 2017-02-23 ... The 9th Berlin Biennale proposed to explore the present moment which, according to the official press release "[...] is ...
AGO Art Gallery of Ontario
AGO to Present Major Kahlo/Rivera Exhibition in Fall 2012. This fall, the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will present a major ... The Toronto-based contemporary artist will be based in the Gallerys Weston Family Learning Centre through the end of March ... Patti Smith to Present Solo Exhibition at the Art Gallery of Ontario in February 2013 This winter the Art Gallery of Ontario ( ... Contemporary Video Artist to Mine AGO Collection and Torontos Cultural Community. The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is ...
AGO Art Gallery of Ontario
AGO to Present Major Kahlo/Rivera Exhibition in Fall 2012. This fall, the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will present a major ... The Toronto-based contemporary artist will be based in the Gallerys Weston Family Learning Centre through the end of March ... Contemporary Video Artist to Mine AGO Collection and Torontos Cultural Community. The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is ... AGO Shines Spotlight on Contemporary Art in 2012. The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) kicks off 2012 with five diverse exhibitions ...
Scottsdale Artists-in-Residence present INTERACTIONS THROUGH ART
The Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit Presents TOM House: The Work and Life of Tom of Finland. ... Scottsdale Artists-in-Residence present INTERACTIONS THROUGH ART. Visual Arts News Desk ... Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) and Scottsdale Public Art - serving more than 375,000 participants annually. ...
Music as Mystery: John Carpenter's Lost Themes and Career Retrospective at BAM - The Brooklyn Rail
Indian art - Wikipedia
Contemporary art (c. 1900 CE-present)Edit. View of a village colored street by S.H. Raza (1948). Watercolor and gouache. ... Indian elements were present in their works from the beginning, with the incorporation of local Indian flora and fauna that ... Michaels, Axel (2004). Hinduism: Past and Present. Princeton University Press. p. 40. ISBN 0-691-08953-1.. ... Bharti Dayal has chosen to handle the traditional Mithila painting in most contemporary way and created her own style through ...
BWW Review: Lyrics Arts Produces Compelling and Contemporary GOD OF CARNAGE
This fascinating evening will uncover the darkest humor alongside frightening realities present in society. ... Could Lyric Arts present a more arresting and relevant play? While the audience may be uncomfortable for a short while, Rezas ... BWW Review: Lyrics Arts Produces Compelling and Contemporary GOD OF CARNAGE. by Peggy Sue Dunigan ... This fascinating evening will uncover the darkest humor alongside frightening realities present in society. ...
RE: Ecology Draft - The Brooklyn Rail
March 05, 1904 - Scientific American
Boulder Museum of19th centuryMuseum ofFuture1970Issues2016HistoricalPast and PreVoicesAmericaHistorianFocusesHumanityIslamHistoryPracticesExhibitionExhibitsChallengesModernDesignTheoryExhibitionsExploreLecturesParisLiteratureSymptomsPaintingsStructuresVideoCultureHEALTHPhysicsInstallationsIntroductionArtsWorkHistoric and contemporaryReviewSeriesEuropeView
Boulder Museum of1
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art and Adam Milner invite you to join the artist for the latest iteration of his bedroom installation-at BMoCA. (bmoca.org)
- Contemporary Latin is the form of the Latin language used since the end of the 19th century. (wikipedia.org)
- As a relic of the great importance of New Latin as the formerly dominant international lingua franca down to the 19th century in a great number of fields, Latin is still present in words or phrases used in many languages around the world, and some minor communities use Latin in their speech. (wikipedia.org)
- The department's film studies offerings cover the development of cinema from the late 19th century to the contemporary moment. (uwm.edu)
- Since its founding in 1987, Scottsdale Arts has grown into a regionally and nationally significant, multi-disciplinary arts organization offering an exceptional variety of programs through three operating divisions - Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) and Scottsdale Public Art - serving more than 375,000 participants annually. (broadwayworld.com)
- The value of today's amount expected to be paid or received in the future at a compound interest rate is called as present value. (bartleby.com)
- Both past and future are placed into an objective present. (truck.ca)
- Grandparent investment: past, present, and future. (springer.com)
- Read it to understand our past, present, and future economic worlds. (wiley.com)
- Rumination was broken down to its basic two subcomponents: the negative value of the thoughts and thinking about the past (in comparison to present or future), in order to differentiate it from other repetitive thought patterns (e.g., worry). (frontiersin.org)
- Dissociation, negative thinking, stress, and sleepiness were positively associated with moments of thinking about the past and the future but inversely associated with moments of thinking about the present. (frontiersin.org)
- The erasure of their African past, culture and heritage leaving them disconnected and made strangers, black writers look to the future as a way of dealing and engaging with the present. (upenn.edu)
- Contemporary Cinema Studies: A Discipline with a Future? (sensesofcinema.com)
- Contemporary Art covers the period from 1970 to present. (uwm.edu)
- The 90 minute, no intermission evening presents a plethora of philosophical issues to contemplate, especially in regard to contemporary society. (broadwayworld.com)
- This paper presents the annotation data of the information structure (information status, commonness, definiteness, specificity, animacy, sentience, agentivity) of the "Balanced Corpus of Contemporary Written Japanese," to address article selection issues in translation. (springer.com)
- This workshop will discuss contemporary issues in clinical trials, which aid clinicians in selecting cost-effective trial designs. (alz.org)
- CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals , Inc., a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new treatments for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer's Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that long-term survival data from the CENTAUR trial of AMX0035 in patients with ALS were selected for an oral presentation in the Contemporary Clinical Issues Plenary Session on April 19 at the 2021 American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting. (biospace.com)
- Prior to the Contemporary Clinical Issues Plenary Session, the data will be highlighted in the Top Science Press Conference being held virtually ahead of the AAN Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. (biospace.com)
- A live, moderated fireside chat with audience Q&A to follow the Contemporary Clinical Issues Plenary Session from 12:30-1:30 p.m. (biospace.com)
- Focuses on contemporary issues in U.S. relations with Japan, China, Taiwan, North and South Korea, and Russian involvement in East Asia. (bu.edu)
- Lung Cancer, Part of Contemporary Issues in Cancer Imaging by Sujal R. Desai, 9780521872027. (booktopia.com.au)
- Each volume in Contemporary Issues in Cancer Imaging is co-ordinated by an expert guest editor with contributions from all members of the multidisciplinary team, bringing together expertise from many specialities to promote the understanding and application of modern imaging in patient management. (booktopia.com.au)
- Your study of English literature will give you the chance to study many similar issues from a different perspective: we have experts in contemporary literature from America, the Caribbean and across the British Isles, with research expertise in the study of minority identities and the literature of global justice. (reading.ac.uk)
- Titled The Present in Drag and curated by the New York collective DIS (Lauren Boyle, Solomon Chase, Marco Roso, and David Toro), the exhibition made tangible the digital conditions and paradoxes that increasingly impact the world in 2016. (berlinbiennale.de)
- This book provides an historical overview of the Japanese Communist Party from its foundation to the present. (routledge.com)
- An unexpected benefit: the vigorous call and response between the contemporary section, on Pier 94, and the modern section created two years ago, on Pier 92, for dealers in more historical material. (nytimes.com)
Past and Pre2
- Presenting the voices of a unique group within contemporary Japanese society-Zainichi women-this book provides a fresh insight into their experiences of oppression and marginalization that over time have led to liberation and empowerment. (routledge.com)
- In so doing, one must think critically and creatively about voices of the past in a comparative analysis with voices of the present. (upenn.edu)
- Its initial location at Albemarle Point on the west bank of the Ashley River (now Charles Towne Landing ) was abandoned in 1680 for its present site, which became the fifth-largest city in North America within ten years. (wikipedia.org)
- The interdisciplinary study of Latin America through history, from pre- colonial indigenous times to contemporary achievements and challenges, including culture and the arts, archaeology, society, politics, and international affairs. (bu.edu)
- New York dealers are sparsely represented in the show's contemporary section, and there is a host of first-timers, including 18 galleries from Latin America in this year's Focus section. (nytimes.com)
- The first focuses on the present state of cinema studies. (sensesofcinema.com)
- Seen through their own individual lenses, the two couples debate the ins and outs of civility and culture as opposed to primitive violence in contemporary humanity. (broadwayworld.com)
- Dating from around 600 A.D. to around the late 1700s, Islamic architecture comprises a wide range of both secular and religious styles from the foundation of Islam to the present day, influencing the design and construction of buildings and structures in Islamic culture. (listverse.com)
- The chronological scope is vast, from prehistory to the present, and it is therefore a selective survey focusing on particular artistic traditions in depth, chosen from the major periods of South Asian history. (willamette.edu)
- My interest is in how these functions overlap and how the material of rock can shift from one function to the next, from history into the present. (truck.ca)
- the history and present-day activities of black feminists in the church and as religionists. (csun.edu)
- Such changes and expectations alongside student awareness and their utility of socially engaged art practices, increased modes of participationin non-specific art practices and altered perceptions of what constitutes contemporary art in the various neoliberal structures associated with art education, have resulted in the adoption of experimental approaches to knowledge-generation within the theory of contemporary art. (tate.org.uk)
- MINUS SPACE is thrilled to present the exhibition Lynne Harlow: Ask the Sky, Baker Bridge Road . (minusspace.com)
- For her Present Box exhibition, Sammy Lee created an immersive installation and temporary workspace that brought together two very different traditions of her Korean heritage-joomchi, a technique for making textured paper, and tadumi, a traditional method of ironing laundry using pangmangi (wooden clubs). (bmoca.org)
- This aging trend, however, presents many challenges to contemporary Japan, as it permeates all areas of life, from the economy and welfare to social cohesion and population decline. (routledge.com)
- Visual Typologies from the Early Modern to the Contemporary investigates the pictorial representation of types from the sixteenth to the twenty-first century. (routledge.com)
- Examples include prehistoric art, The Harappan Civilization, Early Buddhist sculpture and architecture at the Great Stupas, Hindu temple architecture, Chola bronze sculpture, Islamic architecture, painting of the Mughal court and Rajput kingdoms, and Modern and Contemporary art in South Asia. (willamette.edu)
- Rich in world building or set in the present with modern characters? (nypl.org)
- At the four stationary venues-Akademie der Künste on Pariser Platz, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, The Feuerle Collection, and KW Institute for Contemporary Art-along with the mobile Blue-Star sightseeing boat, artists and influential figures from other disciplines such as music, philosophy, hacktivism, design, politics, and economics examined and engaged with the conditions defining the post-contemporary. (berlinbiennale.de)
- This review traces the progress of GDD design through to the present and beyond. (bmj.com)
- This offers exciting models of delivery, reception, live interaction, and critically moves the traditions of a seminar forward when applied innovatively to contemporary art theory. (tate.org.uk)
- The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) kicks off 2012 with five diverse exhibitions of contemporary art, celebrating the work of artists both established and emerging, local and international. (ago.net)
- Launched in the summer of 2011, Present Box is a series of temporary exhibitions featured in BMoCA's lounge. (bmoca.org)
- These exhibitions present site-specific projects that foster interactive participation. (bmoca.org)
- Present Box exhibitions are always free and open to the public. (bmoca.org)
- Undergraduate and graduate courses explore the legacies of Minimalism and Conceptual Art on a range of global contemporary art movements, such as site-specific art, earth and land art, institutional critique, body and performance art, public art, video art, relational art, digital art, and bio-art. (uwm.edu)
- She has been invited to give independent lectures, present papers, be discussant and Chair in a number of national and international seminars and conferences. (springer.com)
- Né à Montereau (77) en 1978, titulaire d?un Diplôme Supérieur d?Arts Appliqués (Ecole Boulle, Paris, 2002) et d?un DPLG (ENS Malaquais, Paris, 2007), Guillaume Linard-Osorio questionne dans son travail la notion de projet et les outils de représentation du réel. (art-action.org)
- Our findings are in accordance with literature on the efficacy of mindfulness as well as the maladaptive correlates of mind-wandering, as they suggest that dissociative detachment from one's present occupation is associated with decreased well-being. (frontiersin.org)
- Which symptoms must be present to meet the diagnostic criteria for a major depressive disorder (clinical depression)? (medscape.com)
- Incense and memory will pervade the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) this summer with the opening of Zhang Huan: Ash Paintings and Memory Doors, featuring recent works by acclaimed contemporary Chinese artist Zhang Huan. (ago.net)
- this series of paintings is contemporary with other works in an early style. (encyclopedia.com)
- Below is a list of architectural periods that are the foundations of our present-day structures. (listverse.com)
- Sport, art and culture in the present. (uni-lj.si)
- A good many times I have been present at gatherings of people who, by the standards of the traditional culture, are thought highly educated and who have with considerable gusto been expressing their incredulity at the illiteracy of scientists. (todayinsci.com)
- The concepts of Indigenous wellbeing, spiritual integrity and community cohesion are explored, and the impact of invasion on the health status of Indigenous peoples is analysed from historic and contemporary points of view. (edu.au)
- The purpose of this item is to present the proposed increase for the student athletics, health and activity and service fees for 2009-2010. (unf.edu)
- Distinguished speakers will review breakthroughs in the development of polymer physics, from its inception to the present. (aps.org)
- The contemporary section has few knock-down-drag-out installations or chest-beating statements. (nytimes.com)
- These two themes are introduced early and thoroughly integrated into nearly every chapter, giving students an introduction to important concepts in a contemporary way. (wwnorton.com)
- The fourth edition of this dynamic and popular text provides a comprehensive introduction to contemporary politics in the Middle East. (wiley-vch.de)
- The aim of this series is to publish original, high-quality work by both new and established scholars on all aspects of contemporary Japan. (routledge.com)
- This fall, the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will present a major survey of masterworks by Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, two renowned and prolific early 20th-century painters whose work continues to resonate with viewers around the world. (ago.net)
- She will present her work on Chinese medical illustrations. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Executed in a crisply registered palette of bright white flowers against a bold green background, the present work embodies one of Pop Art's most iconic bodies of work: Andy Warhol's Flowers . (sothebys.com)
Historic and contemporary1
- A transnational approach considers American art in relation to European, Asian, and Pan-American art by examining both historic and contemporary artistic exchange. (uwm.edu)
- The purpose of this item is to present this quarter's budget report, including a review of the current status of the State and the University's budget. (unf.edu)
- The present work's bright subject matter was a soothing relief from the unrelentingly morbid 1962-63 Death and Disaster series, in which the artist depicted photographs of car crashes, electric chairs, and suicides. (sothebys.com)
- Predictors of grandparental investment decisions in contemporary Europe. (springer.com)
- Written by active researchers to present a contemporary view of the field. (wwnorton.com)