Off-Road Motor Vehicles
Play and Playthings
Wounds and Injuries
Emergency Service, Hospital
Substances intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body's structure or functions. Included in this definition are skin creams, lotions, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, permanent waves, hair colors, toothpastes, and deodorants, as well as any material intended for use as a component of a cosmetic product. (U.S. Food & Drug Administration Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition Office of Cosmetics Fact Sheet (web page) Feb 1995)
Halogenated Diphenyl Ethers
Interior Design and Furnishings
Consumer Health Information
Exogenous agents, synthetic and naturally occurring, which are capable of disrupting the functions of the ENDOCRINE SYSTEM including the maintenance of HOMEOSTASIS and the regulation of developmental processes. Endocrine disruptors are compounds that can mimic HORMONES, or enhance or block the binding of hormones to their receptors, or otherwise lead to activating or inhibiting the endocrine signaling pathways and hormone metabolism.
The development of systems to prevent accidents, injuries, and other adverse occurrences in an institutional setting. The concept includes prevention or reduction of adverse events or incidents involving employees, patients, or facilities. Examples include plans to reduce injuries from falls or plans for fire safety to promote a safe institutional environment.
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Maternal immunization. (1/566)Maternal immunization can enhance passive immunity of infants to pathogens that cause life-threatening illnesses. In most instances, immunization during pregnancy will provide important protection for the woman as well as for her offspring. The tetanus toxoid and influenza vaccines are examples of vaccines that provide a double benefit. Other vaccines under evaluation include those for respiratory syncytial virus, pneumococci, group B streptococci, and Haemophilus influenzae type b. Although most IgG antibody crosses the placenta in the third trimester, the process is time-dependent, dictating that immunization should be accomplished ideally at least 6 weeks prior to delivery. IgG1 antibodies are transferred preferentially. Maternal immunization has not interfered with active immunization of the infant. Inactivated vaccines administered in the third trimester of pregnancy pose no known risk to the woman or to her fetus. (+info)
Potential advantages of DNA immunization for influenza epidemic and pandemic planning. (2/566)Immunization with purified DNA is a powerful technique for inducing immune responses. The concept of DNA immunization involves insertion of the gene encoding the antigen of choice into a bacterial plasmid and injection of the plasmid into the host where the antigen is expressed and where it induces humoral and cellular immunity. The most effective routes and methods for DNA immunization are bombardment with particles coated with DNA ("gene gun" technique), followed by the intramuscular and intradermal routes. DNA immunization technology has the potential to induce immunity to all antigens that can be completely encoded in DNA, which therefore include all protein, but not carbohydrate, antigens. DNA immunization results in presentation of antigens to the host's immune system in a natural form, like that achieved with live-attenuated vaccines. The DNA immunization strategy has the potential to rapidly provide a new vaccine in the face of an emerging influenza pandemic. (+info)
Safety of long-term therapy with ciprofloxacin: data analysis of controlled clinical trials and review. (3/566)We reviewed the literature and the manufacturer's U.S. clinical data pool for safety data on long-term administration of ciprofloxacin (Bayer, West Haven, CT). Only controlled clinical trials including patients treated for >30 days were selected. We identified 636 patients by literature search and 413 patients in the Bayer U.S. database who fulfilled our search criteria; the average treatment duration for these patients was 130 and 80 days, respectively. Main indications for long-term therapy were osteomyelitis, skin and soft-tissue infection, prophylaxis for urinary tract infection, mycobacterial infections, and inflammatory bowel disease. Adverse events, premature discontinuation of therapy, and deaths occurred at a similar frequency in both treatment arms. Most adverse events occurred early during therapy with little increase in frequency over time. As with short-term therapy, gastrointestinal events were more frequent than central nervous system or skin reactions, but pseudomembranous colitis was not observed. No previously unknown adverse events were noted. We conclude that ciprofloxacin is tolerated as well as other antibiotics when extended courses of therapy are required. (+info)
Fluoroquinolone toxicity profiles: a review focusing on newer agents. (4/566)For 2 decades fluoroquinolones have been found to be generally well-tolerated and safe. Adverse events may be inherent to the class or influenced by structural modifications. The commonest adverse events are gastrointestinal tract (GI) and central nervous system (CNS) reactions; nephrotoxicity and tendinitis are infrequent, but agents differ greatly in phototoxic potential. Fluoroquinolones are safe in elderly, human immunodeficiency virus-infected, and neutropenic patients, but because of possible effects on articular cartilage, they are not currently recommended for children or pregnant women. Four new agents have recently been licensed. Levofloxacin causes few GI or CNS adverse events and is minimally phototoxic. Sparfloxacin infrequently causes GI or CNS effects but is associated with relatively high rates of phototoxicity and prolongation of the electrocardiographic QTc interval (Q-T interval, corrected for heart rate). Grepafloxacin causes relatively high rates of GI effects, taste perversion, and QTc interval prolongation, but it is minimally phototoxic. Trovafloxacin is associated with a moderate rate of GI effects and a relatively high incidence of dizziness but has low phototoxic potential. (+info)
Expanded safety and immunogenicity of a bivalent, oral, attenuated cholera vaccine, CVD 103-HgR plus CVD 111, in United States military personnel stationed in Panama. (5/566)To provide optimum protection against classical and El Tor biotypes of Vibrio cholerae O1, a single-dose, oral cholera vaccine was developed by combining two live, attenuated vaccine strains, CVD 103-HgR (classical, Inaba) and CVD 111 (El Tor, Ogawa). The vaccines were formulated in a double-chamber sachet; one chamber contained lyophilized bacteria, and the other contained buffer. A total of 170 partially-immune American soldiers stationed in Panama received one of the following five formulations: (a) CVD 103-HgR at 10(8) CFU plus CVD 111 at 10(7) CFU, (b) CVD 103-HgR at 10(8) CFU plus CVD 111 at 10(6) CFU, (c) CVD 103-HgR alone at 10(8) CFU, (d) CVD 111 alone at 10(7) CFU, or (e) inactivated Escherichia coli placebo. Among those who received CVD 111 at the high or low dose either alone or in combination with CVD 103-HgR, 8 of 103 had diarrhea, defined as three or more liquid stools. None of the 32 volunteers who received CVD 103-HgR alone or the 35 placebo recipients had diarrhea. CVD 111 was detected in the stools of 46% of the 103 volunteers who received it. About 65% of all persons who received CVD 103-HgR either alone or in combination had a fourfold rise in Inaba vibriocidal titers. The postvaccination geometric mean titers were comparable among groups, ranging from 450 to 550. Ogawa vibriocidal titers were about twice as high in persons who received CVD 111 as in those who received CVD 103-HgR alone (600 versus 300). The addition of CVD 111 improved the overall seroconversion rate and doubled the serum Ogawa vibriocidal titers, suggesting that the combination of an El Tor and a classical cholera strain is desirable. While CVD 111 was previously found to be well tolerated in semiimmune Peruvians, the adverse effects observed in this study indicate that this strain requires further attenuation before it can be safely used in nonimmune populations. (+info)
Filter ventilation and nicotine content of tobacco in cigarettes from Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. (6/566)OBJECTIVES: The purpose was to determine filter ventilation and the nicotine content of tobacco and their contribution to machine-smoked yields of cigarettes from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. METHODS: Ninety-two brands of cigarettes (32 American, 23 Canadian, and 37 British brands) were purchased at retail outlets in State College, Pennsylvania, United States, Toronto, Canada, and London, United Kingdom. A FIDUS FDT filter ventilation tester measured the percentage air-dilution from filter vents. High-pressure, liquid chromatography was used to measure the nicotine content of tobacco. Regression techniques were used to examine the contributions of tobacco nicotine content and filter ventilation to machine-smoked yields of tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide (CO). RESULTS: Ninety-four per cent of the American brands, 91% of the Canadian brands, and 79% of British brands were ventilated. The total nicotine content of tobacco and percent nicotine (by weight of tobacco) averaged 10.2 mg (standard error of the mean (SEM) 0.25, range: 7.2 to 13.4) and 1.5% (SEM 0.03, range 1.2 to 2) in the United States, 13.5 mg (SEM 0.49, range: 8.0 to 18.3) and 1.8% (SEM 0.06, range: 1.0 to 2.4) in Canada, 12.5 mg (SEM 0.33, range: 9 to 17.5) and 1.7% (SEM 0.04, range: 1.3 to 2.4) in the United Kingdom. Multiple regression analyses showed that ventilation was by far the largest factor influencing machine-smoked yields of tar, nicotine, and CO. CONCLUSION: Filter ventilation appears to be the predominant method for reducing machine-smoked yields of tar, nicotine, and CO in three countries. However, some brands contain about twice as much nicotine (total content or percent nicotine) as do others, indicating that tobacco types or blends and tobacco castings can be used to manipulate nicotine content and nicotine delivery of cigarettes. (+info)
Changes across 3 years in self-reported awareness of product warning messages in a Hispanic community. (7/566)This study investigated the self-reported awareness of product warning messages among independent random samples of Hispanics in San Francisco surveyed from 1989 through 1992. Messages tested were primarily related to cigarette smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages. In general, respondents reported low levels of awareness of product warning messages with the exception of those messages dealing with the consumption of alcohol or cigarettes during pregnancy. Nevertheless, there were increases in awareness across years for the alcohol-related warning messages and for one of the cigarette messages, indicating that continued exposure increases awareness of the message. A notable proportion of the respondents reported being aware of a bogus message implying the presence of socially desirable responses in self-reports of message awareness. Gender, education, age and acculturation level of the respondents also showed effects on reported awareness of specific messages. Continued exposure to product warning messages seems useful in producing health-enhancing behaviors among Hispanics. (+info)
Protection of chickens against very virulent infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) and Marek's disease virus (MDV) with a recombinant MDV expressing IBDV VP2. (8/566)To develop a herpes virus vaccine that can induce immunity for an extended period, a recombinant Marek's disease (MD) virus (MDV) CVI-988 strain expressing infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) host-protective antigen VP2 at the US2 site (rMDV) was developed under the control of an SV40 early promoter. Chickens vaccinated with the rMDV showed no clinical signs and no mortality and 55% of the chickens were considered protected histopathologically after challenge with very virulent IBDV (vvIBDV), whereas all of the chickens vaccinated with the conventional IBDV vaccine showed no clinical signs and were protected. Chickens vaccinated with the CVI-988 or chickens in the challenge control showed severe clinical signs and high mortality (70-75%) and none of them were protected. Also, the rMDV conferred full protection to chickens against vvMDV just as the CVI-988 strain did, whereas 90% of the challenge control chickens died of MD. Antibody levels against IBDV and MDV following the vaccination increased continuously for at least 10 weeks. No histopathological lesions in the rMDV-vaccinated chickens and no contact transmission of the rMDV to their penmates were confirmed. These results demonstrate that an effective and safe recombinant herpesvirus-based IBD vaccine could be constructed by expressing the VP2 antigen at the US2 site of the CVI-988 vaccine strain. (+info)
Nomination, Consumer Product Safety Commission: hearing before the Committee ... - United States. Congress. Senate. Committee...
Nomination, Consumer Product Safety Commission: hearing before the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, second session, on nomination of Samuel D. Zagoria, to be a member, Consumer Product Safety Commission, October 5, 1978 ...
Regulation by the numbers-a report on the Consumer Product Safety Commission | National Affairs
IN 1972 Congress created a new federal regulatory agency, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and empowered it to deal with the safety of virtually every consumer product in use. Previously, household products subject to safety regulation had been the exception rather than the rule. Specific laws-the first dating from 1953 but most having been enacted during the consumerist boom of the late 1960s-had given various federal agencies regulatory power over flammable fabrics, refrigerator doors, household poisons, and toys. The new law, the Consumer Product Safety Act, applies to every type of consumer product not covered by other legislation-which is to say, everything except automobiles, cosmetics, drugs, food, and cigarettes. ...
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) - Professionaltips
In general, yes. CPSIA defines childrens products as those products intended primarily for use by children 12 and under. Accordingly, these products would be subject to the lead limit for paint and surface coatings at 16 CFR part 1303 (and the 90 ppm lead paint limit effective August 14, 2009) as well as the new lead limits for childrens products containing lead (600 ppm lead limit effective February 10, 2009, and 300 ppm lead limit effective August 14, 2009). If the childrens products use printing inks or materials which actually become a part of the substrate, such as the pigment in a plastic article, or those materials which are actually bonded to the substrate, such as by electroplating or ceramic glazing, they would be excluded from the lead paint limit. However, these products are still considered to be lead containing products irrespective of whether such products are excluded from the lead paint limit and are subject to the lead limits for childrens products containing lead. For lead ...
Google: Consumer Product Safety Commission unresponsive to dangerous and defective company product reports - SendMeRSS
U.S. Consumer Protection Officials Wait Months to Notify Public of Dangerous, Defective Products, Public Citizen Study Finds Despite a law requiring manufacturers to provide the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) with immediate notification of dangerous products, the agency typically delays nearly seven months after learning of dangerous, defective products before telling the public. A new Public Citizen study, Hazardous Waits: CPSC Lets Crucial Time Pass Before Warning Public About Dangerous Products, reveals that companies fined for tardy reporting took an average of 993 days - 2.7 years - between learning of a safety defect in their products and notifying the CPSC. Perhaps as shocking, the CPSC then took an average of 209 additional days before disclosing the information to the public - even though each case concerned a product defect so dangerous that the item was recalled.. ...
Consumer Groups Appeal Court Decision in Suit Against Consumer Product Safety Commission That Was Based on Secret Proceedings...
Public Citizen, Consumer Federation of America and Consumers Union are appealing a federal court decision, released Monday, permanently sealing from public view key facts about a lawsuit filed by an anonymous company against the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
December news from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Submitted by Steve Galitzer. News from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, or CPSC. Recalls from the weeks ending Dec. 31, 2012.. Five infant deaths prompt the CPSC to sue manufacturer of Nap Nanny and Chill Infant Recliners. The complaint alleges that the Nap Nanny Generation One and Two, and Chill model infant recliners contain defects in the design, warnings and instructions, which pose a substantial risk of injury and death to infants. The commission voted 3-0 to approve the filing of the complaint, which seeks an order requiring that the firm notify the public of the defect and offer consumers a full refund. To see this release go to http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13057.html.. RIDGID Coil Roofing Nailer and RIDGID Clipped Head Framing Nailer recalled by One World Technologies Due to laceration or injury hazard. Sold exclusively at Home Depot. The trigger assembly on the nailers can malfunction and involuntarily discharge a fastener, posing a laceration or injury hazard ...
U.S. GAO - Consumer Product Safety Commission: Awareness, Use, and Usefulness of SaferProducts.gov
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has used various approaches to inform the public about SaferProducts.While CPSC has employed many key practices for consumer education planning, it has not established metrics for measuring the success of its efforts.
CPSC, Imperial Toy Corporation Announce Toy Balloon Recall | CPSC.gov
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Dec. 7) -- Imperial Toy Corporation, in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, today announces the recall and repurchase of Blobo Plastic Bubb-A-Loons Item Nos. 028, 338, 339, 548 and 625, a plastic balloon toy which the Consumer Product Safety Commission has deemed to be a banned hazardous substance. Due to an error by the manufacturer in Taiwan, the product contains benzene. The Consumer Product Safety Commission believes that eating or inhaling benzene over an extended period of time may cause a type of blood disorder known as dyscrasias.. Blobo Plastic Bubb-A-Loons are distributed nationwide by Imperial Toy Corporation. The product is sold in individual metal tubes and in packages of tubes. More than 15 million such tubes have been shipped by Imperial since 1973. Imperial Toy Corporation has voluntarily agreed to cooperate with the Consumer Product Safety Commission and recall all of these products, offering a full refund to purchasers.. The Blobo Plastic ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission issues safety alert for fidget spinners | WBMA
(WZTV) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners.In a statement from CPSC acting chairman Ann Marie Buerkle, Buerkle says the agency is investigating some reported incidents associated with the produ
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Non-Retaliation Policy | CPSC.gov
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (Commission or CPSC) is committed to fair regulatory enforcement practices, supports the right of the regulated and small business community to raise concerns about regulatory enforcement actions without the fear of retaliation, and will investigate any allegations of retaliation and take appropriate corrective action to ensure it is not repeated.
14:0427(67)NG - AFGE Local 3477 and Consumer Product Safety Commission -- 1984 FLRAdec NG | FLRA
14 FLRA No. 67 AMERICAN FEDERATION OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES, AFL-CIO, LOCAL 3477 Union and CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION Agency Case No. O-NG-587 DECISION AND ORDER ON NEGOTIABILITY ISSUES The petition for review in this case comes before the Authority pursuant to section 7105(a)(2)(E) of the Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Statute (the Statute), and raises issues relating to the negotiability of four Union proposals. Upon careful consideration of the entire record, including the parties contentions, the Authority makes the following determinations. Union Proposal 1 The purpose of this agreement is to provide the sole procedures for a Performance Appraisal System for bargaining unit employees in the New York Regional Office, CPSC. It shall be consistent with applicable laws and government-wide regulations. The Agency contends that Union Proposal 1 is inconsistent with law and regulation in that while it purports to be the sole procedures governing performance appraisal for unit ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission Begins Enforcing Strict Lead Limits in Children s Products | WebWire
EMSL Analytical offers close to 30 years of testing experience at their accredited laboratories., , , , Westmont, NJ, August 19th, 2009, , , , The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) began enforcin...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports Chicco Polly High Chairs Recalled Due to Laceration Hazard - Clarksville, TN...
Washington, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary
A 1970s commercial by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission shows kids of ~ Clip #79460592
Stock video footage A 1970s commercial by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission shows kids of many races playing with toys, and warns parents about picking safe ones for the right ages.. 00:00:59 ...
Crap Cycling & Walking in Waltham Forest: Tips for American cyclists from the Consumer Product Safety Commission
Luckily the newspaper which reports this crash is able to convey valuable advice from The Consumer Product Safety Commission: ...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - YouTube
Welcome to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissions YouTube Channel. CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injur...
Formats: Still image / Subjects: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome -- prevention & control and Consumer Product Safety / Genre...
Start Over You searched for: Formats Still image ✖Remove constraint Formats: Still image Subjects Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome -- prevention & control ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome -- prevention & control Subjects Consumer Product Safety ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Consumer Product Safety Genre Posters ✖Remove constraint Genre: Posters Titles Beach boys ✖Remove constraint Titles: Beach boys Publication Year 1900 ✖Remove constraint Publication Year: 1900 Dates by Range 1950-1999 ✖Remove constraint Dates by Range: 1950-1999 ...
Formats: Still image / Languages: German / Subjects: Consumer Product Safety / Genre: Posters / Titles: Beach boys /...
Start Over You searched for: Formats Still image ✖Remove constraint Formats: Still image Languages German ✖Remove constraint Languages: German Subjects Consumer Product Safety ✖Remove constraint Subjects: Consumer Product Safety Genre Posters ✖Remove constraint Genre: Posters Titles Beach boys ✖Remove constraint Titles: Beach boys Publication Year 1900 ✖Remove constraint Publication Year: 1900 Dates by Range 1950-1999 ✖Remove constraint Dates by Range: 1950-1999 ...
Administrative Monetary Penalties Under The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act - A Comparative Review - Consumer Protection -...
The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act came into force on June 20, 2011. It establishes legislative and regulatory requirements intended to modernize and strengthen Canada s safety system for consumer products. Canada Consumer Protection Dentons 20 Sep 2013
New Consumer Product Safety Information Database Designed to Protect Consumers
Atlanta Georgia Products Liability attorneys Montlick & Associates reports on new website launched by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) dedicated to protecting consumers from dangerous and defective products.
US consumer product safety agency warns against use of Galaxy Note 7 | IDG Connect
Samsung Electronics woes mounted Friday with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission urging consumers to power down and stop charging or using their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones, after reports of the overheating and bursting of the battery in the device in some cases.
17-2111.03 - Product Safety Engineers
Develop and conduct tests to evaluate product safety levels and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.. Sample of reported job titles: Extra Vehicular Activity Safety Engineer (EVA Engineer), Product Safety and Standards Engineer, Product Safety Consultant, Product Safety Coordinator, Product Safety Engineer, Product Safety Manager, Product Safety Officer, Risk Control Product Liability Director, Service Loss Control Consultant, System Safety Engineer ...
Consumer Product Prohibitions and Regulations under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act - Canada.ca
Health Canada information on the regulatory activities undertaken to ensure that certain existing prohibitions and regulations related to consumer products would continue under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA)
Consumer Advice: Top Product Recall Websites | ThinkGlink
www.Safechild.net ILYCE: At Safety Alerts.com, a site operated by Worldwide Alerts, you can search for recall information or find manufacturing lot numbers or codes. At the Consumer Product Safety Commission site, at CPSC.gov, you can search for recalls by product description, brands, and company names. Food recalls will be listed at the Food and Drug Administrations FDA.gov site and the Agriculture Department site at FSIS.USDA.gov. You can find car and some child safety recalls at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Site, at NHTSA.gov. Finally, the Consumer Federation of America offers Safechild.net. ILYCE: The really great thing about most of these sites is that you can sign up for a free email notification service that will immediately notify you once a recall has been issued. I receive emails daily from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and several other sites, and typically something has been recalled, somewhere in the country, every day. Its the best way I know of to ...
Advisories, Warnings and Recalls - Consumer Product Safety - Canada.ca
Health Canada consumer product safety advisories, warnings, and recalls; related materials for consumers, manufacturers, importers, retailers and distributors
Calling Attention Related to Dermatitis Caused by Wearing Blouse for Ladies | Consumer Product Safety | National Institute of...
This is a homepage of the National Institute of Technology and Evaluation (NITE).Information on Calling Attention Related to Dermatitis Caused by Wearing Blouse for Ladies of Consumer Product Safety Field is published.
CHRISdotTODD: Battery Recall Information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Council
It is unfortunate that this website is incomplete. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Council also released tips on notebook computer usage in September of this year. Interestingly enough, I found a laptop battery recall as far back as 1994 ...
Recently Recalled, 11/26/2012
Incidents: None reported.. How many: About 180. Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled pajamas from children and stop using them. Consumers can return the pajamas to the place of purchase for a full refund, exchange or store credit. To reach the manufacturer: 888-776-9541 or online at elephantito.com.. LIQUID LAUNDRY PACKET ALERT. Details: The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a general alert about single-load liquid laundry packets.. Why: Children who are exposed to the chemicals in single-load liquid laundry packets are at risk of serious injury. Some of the chemicals in these laundry packets are toxic. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is advising parents and caregivers to lock up these laundry packets and keep them away from children. Liquid laundry packets are attractive to children as play items because they are soft and colorful and they resemble familiar items like candy, toys and teething products.. Incidents: In 2012 alone, CPSC staff has ...
JPMA Partners with Consumer Products Safety Commission in Anchor It! Campaign - Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association
So far the campaign has reached an estimated 1.3 billion viewers in 34 states. The tip-over demonstration video filmed in CPSCs lab was viewed 2.6 billion times. Over 100,000 tip cards and posters have been distributed nationwide. The campaign has even received national recognition for its PR efforts. As a partner in the Anchor It! campaign, JPMA will be spreading the word through the Baby Safety Zone using #AnchorIt! We encourage all of our members to aid in these efforts by sharing with their audiences as well. Follow @JPMA and @USCPSC to retweet or use the following resources:. ...
02 - November - 2012 - The Chart - CNN.com Blogs
The popular Buckyballs and Buckycubes magnetic desk toys will be discontinued, its manufacturer said, blaming what it called baseless and relentless legal badgering from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.. Its time to bid a fond farewell to the worlds most popular adult desk toys, Maxfield and Oberton, the maker of Buckyballs, said on its website this week. Thats right: Were sad to say that Balls and Cubes have a one-way ticket to the Land-of-Awesome-Stuff-You-Should-Have-Bought-When-You-Had-the-Chance.. A limited number of the toys are still available, but no more will be made after they sell out, the company said.. In July, the Consumer Product Safety Commission sued Maxfield and Oberton in an attempt to get the company to stop selling the toys, saying they are hazardous to children. When children swallow the powerful magnets, they can pierce holes in the intestines, the commission said, and some children have required multiple surgeries and lengthy hospitalizations. Since 2009, ...
急診室裡常見引起不良反應的藥物 - 藥‧你小心！
因服用藥物所引起的不良反應（adverse events）有時是輕微的，但也有可能導致重大傷害、住院、甚至是致命的結果。1998年，一項刊登於JAMA期刊的研究指出，以1994年為例，全美近220萬人因藥物引發的嚴重不良反應而住院，其中10萬人所面臨的狀況是致命的（4.5%）。根據這篇研究，有70%的不良反應都是來自病人於非住院期間用藥後產生，只是當時這篇研究並未進一步檢視這些藥物的類別。. 2004年起，美國疾病控制與預防中心（Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC）、消費品安全委員會（Consumer Product Safety Commission, CPSC）、與食品藥物管理局（Food and Drug Administration, ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission as Grinch?
What I have been able to learn from my own research is that BPA helps make clear plastics shatterproof, which seems somewhat desirable to me. I also learned that colored plastics dont usually contain it, but that CDs and DVDs (found in most of our homes) do contain this material. These plasticizing materials are essentially inert (not chemically active) until they come in contact with other materials, and then the only way to determine if they have become hazardous is through testing. This is why we have the EPA, FDA and other regulatory bodies. We at home would not likely have the laboratories required to test for a wide variety of interactions. Phosphoric acid and citric acid and other ingredients found in commonly consumed beverages could possibly interact with BPA, especially given enough time, but water (inert) or physiological saline are not likely to interact. Some of this info I gleaned through conversations with an organic chemist (my dad), others from a website devoted to Bisphenol A. ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) | JD Supra
JD Supra collects users names, companies, titles, e-mail address and industry. JD Supra also tracks the pages that users visit, logs IP addresses and aggregates non-personally identifiable user data and browser type. This data is gathered using cookies and other technologies. The information and data collected is used to authenticate users and to send notifications relating to the Service, including email alerts to which users have subscribed; to manage the Service and Website, to improve the Service and to customize the users experience. This information is also provided to the authors of the content to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users. JD Supra does not sell, rent or otherwise provide your details to third parties, other than to the authors of the content on JD Supra.. If you prefer not to enable cookies, you may change your browser settings to disable cookies; however, please note that rejecting cookies ...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - Massachusetts and New England Personal Injury Lawyer
We serve the following localities: Suffolk County including Boston, Jamaica Plain, and Revere; Middlesex County including Cambridge, Framingham, Lowell, Malden, Newton, Somerville, and Waltham; Norfolk County including Brookline; Essex County including Haverhill, Lawrence, and Salem; Worcester County including Fitchburg, Leominster, and Worcester; and Plymouth County including Brockton and Plymouth. Read More ...
Purchase Order 00001200210BCPSCN028141 by Consumer Product Safety Commission with West Suburban Hospital Medical, Mod 5 |...
Ultimate Completion Date The mutually agreed upon contract completion date for the entire contract or order including all options or other modifications. For a Delivery Order, this refers to the completion of that delivery only, not the completion date of the Indefinite Delivery Vehicle of the Delivery Order. ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Individuals considering undergoing knee replacement surgery should ask their doctors to run a test to determine if they have a nickel allergy. Determining if a patient suffers from a nickel allergy will ensure the right knee implant is chosen for their surgery, and possibly save them from considerable pain and ... Read More. ...
Merchants Corp., CPSC Announces Amputation Hazard With the Model ST-81 Exercise Bikes
The CPSC is the Federal agency responsible for consumer product safety. It is issuing this warning as part of its mission to protect the public from unreasonable risks of injury and death associated with consumer products. Some 15,000 types of consumer products fall within the Commissions jurisdiction and each year these products are involved in an estimated 29 million injuries and 22,000 deaths.. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission protects the public from the unreasonable risk of injury or death from 15,000 types of consumer products under the agencys jurisdiction. To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury and for information on CPSCs fax-on-demand service, call CPSCs hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSCs teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270. To order a press release through fax-on-demand, call (301) 504-0051 from the handset of your fax machine and enter the release number. Consumers can report product hazards to [email protected] ### ...
Federal Register :: Home - Monday, October 16th
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has received a petition requesting that the Commission initiate rulemaking under the Consumer Product Safety Act to adopt a safety standard for high-powered magnet sets. ...
Product safety: dont let a crisis turn into a disaster • The Register
With Mattel recalling 18 million toys and Cadbury on the receiving end of a conviction for making and distributing unsafe chocolate, many manufacturers will be looking again at what they can do in the event of a product safety problem.. What should a company do when faced with a product safety crisis? How can it handle the practical, legal and PR implications of a damaging product recall?. A companys first act must come long before a product is even made, never mind found to be faulty. A crisis such as Mattels does not creep up on a firm, it bursts in an explosion of publicity and logistical headaches. A company that has not previously put a plan in place has little chance of managing the situation effectively.. There must be an incident management team set up to handle product safety incidents. Product safety touches many areas of a business, so there should be team members from senior management and from the technical, legal, marketing and sales departments.. An incident management plan ...
Prevalence | BMUS: The Burden of Musculoskeletal Diseases in the United States
On average across the years from 2011 to 2013, 1.8 million injuries per year related to team or individual sport activities occurred to children and adolescents age 20 years and younger. Data reported is from consumer product-related injuries occurring in the United States from a statistically valid sample of emergency departments collected by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, National Electronic Injury Surveillance System. Data shown for sports injuries are not included in the overall total for musculoskeletal conditions among children and adolescents, on the assumption it duplicates numbers found in the emergency department database based on ICD-9-CM codes and used in the trauma injuries section.. Males report injuries at twice the number as females, with the highest number of injuries occurring in the junior high (11 to 13 years) and high school (14 to 17 years) ages. (Reference Table 7.7.1 PDF CSV). ...
Epidemiology of Lawn Mower-Related Injuries to Children in the United States, 1990-2004 | American Academy of Pediatrics
OBJECTIVE. Our objective for this study was to describe the epidemiology of lawn mower-related injuries among children in the United States.. METHODS. A retrospective analysis was conducted of data from children who were 20 years and younger in the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System of the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for 1990-2004.. RESULTS. There were an estimated 140700 lawn mower-related injuries to children who were 20 years and younger and treated in hospital emergency departments in the United States during the 15-year period of 1990-2004. This yielded an average of 9400 injuries annually, or 11.1 injuries per 100000 US children per year. The mean age was 10.7 (SD: 6.0) years, and 78% were boys. The leading type of lawn mower-related injury sustained by patients was a laceration (41.2%), followed by soft tissue injury (21.4%), burn (15.5%), and fracture (10.3%). The most common body region injured was the hand/finger (34.6%), followed by lower extremity ...
Consumer watch: New child-safety rules cause confusion - Houston Chronicle
A sweeping childrens safety bill was envisioned to protect kids from dangers ranging from ingesting toxic chemicals to drowning as a result of defective pool drains. [...] after the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act was signed by former President George W. Bush in August, mass confusion and misinformation reigned in the lead-up to its effective date last Tuesday. Thrift and consignment store operators nationwide feared they would have to shut down because they wouldnt be able to afford to test childrens products - including clothes - for lead and phthalates, a chemical used to soften plastic. How the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is supposed to enforce the law, disseminated information about the act left a lot of people scratching their heads. Sara Cleveland, communications manager for Northwest Assistance Ministries in Houston, said her agency has removed all items for children 12 and under from its three resale shops. Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., chairman of the Committee on
North Carolina Consumers Council Issues Urgent Product Safety Advisory - WiredPRNews.com | Press Release Distribution
12/18/2012 (press release: ncconsumer) // Raleigh, North Carolina , USA // Brian Reitter. NCCC has formally requested that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) investigate the dangers of the JD2.2 Flat Bench, as well as other Apex-branded personal training products that could pose personal injury risks to users. NCCC has received a number of complaints from consumers who allege that the legs of the Apex JD2.2 Flat Bench give out, breaking at a leg weld suddenly and without warning during use causing the bench to collapse underneath them. Upon inspection, they report that the leg welds are holding together only a thin, lightweight mebtal that has completely sheered away. Many of the complainants report that their own weight combined with the weight they are lifting is nowhere near the 300 pound advertised weight limit for the bench. Its obviously a serious consumer safety hazard, says Matthew Oliver, NCCC Executive Director. As a 160 pound man, I would expect to be able to lift ...
The New Canada Consumer Product Safety Act: A Catalyst For Cross-Border Mass Tort Litigation? - Litigation, Mediation &...
New and expanded product safety legislation in Canada, superimposed on a backdrop of jurisdictions willing to certify mass tort and personal injury claims, has created an environment ripe for increasing class action activity across the U.S./Canada border. Canada Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration Borden Ladner Gervais LLP 1 Apr 2012
Action against chemical fragrances in consumer products | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums
Today I reported an incident of illness following exposure to the chemical fragrances in laundry products to the Consumer Products Safety Commission. They...
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act Definition - What is Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act?
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act definition - The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act ( CPSIA ) of 2008 is a United States law signed on August 14, 2008 by President George W. Bush. The legislative bill was known as HR 4040, sponsored by Congressman Bobby Rush (D-Ill.). On December 19, 2007, the U.S. House approved the bill 407-0. On
National Electronic Injury Surveillance System All Injury Program, 2010
Beginning in July 2000, the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), expanded the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS) to collect data on all types and causes of injuries treated in a representative sample of United States hospitals with emergency departments (ED). This system is called the NEISS-All Injury Program (NEISS-AIP). The NEISS-AIP is designed to provide national incidence estimates of all types and external causes of nonfatal injuries and poisonings treated in United States hospital EDs. Data on injury-related visits are being obtained from a national sample of 66 out of 100 NEISS hospitals that were selected as a stratified probability sample of hospitals in the United States and its territories with a minimum of 6 beds and a 24-hour ED. The sample includes separate strata for very large, large, medium, and small ...
National Electronic Injury Surveillance System All Injury Program, 2008
Beginning in July 2000, the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), expanded the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS) to collect data on all types and causes of injuries treated in a representative sample of United States hospitals with emergency departments (ED). This system is called the NEISS-All Injury Program (NEISS-AIP). The NEISS-AIP is designed to provide national incidence estimates of all types and external causes of nonfatal injuries and poisonings treated in United States hospital EDs. Data on injury-related visits are being obtained from a national sample of 66 out of 100 NEISS hospitals that were selected as a stratified probability sample of hospitals in the United States and its territories with a minimum of 6 beds and a 24-hour ED. The sample includes separate strata for very large, large, medium, and small ...
sATV Risks Highlighted by Consumer Product Safety Commission - Maine Injury Lawyer Blog - August 10, 2013
Our Portland injury lawyers know that riding ATVs can seem like a fun summer pastime. But unfortunately these recreational vehicles can be very dangerous. - August 10, 2013
Morning Star Publications
Soccer becomes more and more popular every year. The more a sport becomes popular, the more frequent we see injuries from it. Soccer is no exception. The US Consumer Product Safety Commissions National Electronic Injury Surveillance System looked at these injuries. They looked at emergency room data from 1990 to 2003. During this period there were 1.6 million children seen in ERs with soccer injuries. Most of them (59%) were boys. The current rate is about one ER visit for every 500 male participants per year. That rate has been steady since 2000. Thus if a child plays for 10 years, there is about a 1 in 50 chance that he/she will go to the ER during that period of time. Girls show a rising rate. While the number of injuries in boys has stayed about the same, girls injuries continue to rise. That is likely due to a doubling of girls playing soccer since 1990. The most common injury is to the wrist and hand. It accounts for about 20% of the injuries. Ankle injuries make up 18%. Knee injuries ...
Early Puberty & Problems in Sexual Development
The ban on phthalates is the result of a law passed in 2008, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. The law permanently bans BBP, DBP and DEHP from toys and child care products, and temporarily bans DIDP, DINP and DnOP until a scientific board (the Chronic Hazard Advisory Panel) determines for the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) whether or not they are safe. A few months before the bill passed, major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target, and Babies R Us promised to remove or severely restrict childrens products containing phthalates by the end of 2008. But children and adults in the U.S. are STILL EXPOSED to phthalates in many other products, including shampoo, soap, lotions, and food packaging.. ...
MHRA produced FAQs for Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP)
1. Where can I find further information on this subject? The following FAQs are presented below: 2. What is an investigational medicinal product (IMP)? 3. Who is permitted to manufacture an IMP? 4. What is meant by the terms Qualified Person (QP) release and Qualified Person certification? 5. What documentation needs to be maintained relating to IMP manufacture and shipment? 6. Do records of accountability need to be maintained? 7. Do staff preparing the product need to be trained
kids indoor playground equipment - best kids indoor playground equipment
Buy quality kids indoor playground equipment products from kids indoor playground equipment manufacturer, 2403 kids indoor playground equipment manufacturers & kids indoor playground equipment suppliers from China.
A retrospective benefit-cost analysis of the 1997 stair-fall requirements for baby walkers
Based on estimates from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there were about 25,000 baby walker-related injuries treated annually in U.S. hospital emergency departments during the early 1990s. This amounted to about 8 injuries for every 1000 baby walkers in use. Most injuries resulte …
Multiple organ failure--death of consumer protection? - Free Online Library
Free Online Library: Multiple organ failure--death of consumer protection?(ISSUES IN MEDICINE, Report) by South African Medical Journal; Health, general Alternative medicine Health aspects Laws, regulations and rules Usage Consumer protection Causes of Prevention
Articles about Consumer Protection - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Consumer Protection News. Find breaking news, commentary, and archival information about Consumer Protection From The tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Havre de Grace to Celebrate Completion of All-Access Playground at Tydings Park on Aug. 26
From the City of Havre de Grace:. Mayor William T. Martin invites all citizens, elected officials, and members of the press to join him and the city council on Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:00 a.m to celebrate the completion of the all-access playground at Tydings Park. Since taking office in 2015, the Martin administration has prioritized the conceptualization and installation of modern and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant playground equipment at Tydings Park. In 2016, the Tydings Park Commission created a concept plan for the project based on public testimony and survey.. Work started in early 2017, with the installation of a REV 8 Rotating Climber, interactive stations, a custom lighthouse and climber resembling Concord Point Lighthouse, and various other pieces of equipment, all of which is in compliance with ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials) and CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) playground standards. The City secured over $200,000 in grant money from ...
Operation Safe Babies | SCAN
2. Will Baby Boxes really make an impact?. The Back to Sleep campaign was launched in 1994 by the National Institute of Health. And even though we know that back to sleep is best and reduces the instances of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) only 49% of mothers always put their babies on their back to sleep. This recent story underscores the continued need for more education: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-parents-still-put-babies-at-risk-of-sids/. In our opinion, this program is not all about the box, it is about engaging parents and caregivers and talking about safe sleep. Education is how we really create change.. 3. Baby Boxes arent endorsed by the Consumer Product and Safety Commission, are they?. We understand that baby boxes are not fully endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and that a safety approved crib should be the first choice for a parent when practicing safe sleep. But a traditional crib simply is not a viable option for many families in our community. There was ...
ECHO Bear Cat Recalls Hydraulic Log Splitters Due to Impact Hazard « Learn As You Grow Early Education Centers
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.. Name of Product: ECHO Bear Cat log splitters. Units: About 120. Manufacturer: Crary Industries Inc. of West Fargo, N.D.. Hazard: The end cap of the log splitters hydraulic cylinder can break away from the body of the log splitter, posing an impact hazard to the user or bystander.. Incidents/Injuries: Crary Industries has received three reports of the hydraulic cylinder end caps detaching resulting in one injury from a cylinder reportedly striking a consumer in the head.. Description: This recall involves ECHO Bear Cat brand hydraulic log splitter with model numbers LS27270 and LS27270T, with a date code of 012908 stamped on the hydraulic cylinder. The model number ...
Mattresses Recalled by Easy-Rest Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard « Learn As You Grow Early...
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.. Name of Product: Classic by Easy-Rest Foam Core Mattresses. Units: About 3,800. Importer: Easy-Rest Inc., of Portland, Ore.. Hazard: The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal open flame standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard to consumers.. Incidents/Injuries: None reported. Description: This recall involves Easy-Rest Classic model mattresses sold in twin (model CL533) and in full size (model CL546). Some mattresses were also sold with a foundation. The mattresses have a red, zippered fabric cover over a five-inch foam core. Classic 5, the model number and the date of manufacture are printed on the federal label attached to the mattress. The lot ...
NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services - OFPC
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.. Name of Product: LHQM LED Exit Signs with Emergency Lights. Units: About 450. Manufacturer: Best Lighting Products, of Pataskala, Ohio. Distributor: Lithonia Lighting, a division of Acuity Brands Lighting Inc. of Conyers, Ga.. Hazard: The fixtures can malfunction and fail to illuminate in the event of a power failure. This could result in a failure to provide adequate lighting to guide building occupants to an exit in the event of an emergency.. Incidents/Injuries: There were ten reports of signs malfunctioning during testing after installation. No injuries were reported.. Description: The recalled exit signs have emergency lights fixed at either end with EXIT ...
Commercial playground equipment | Indoor and outdoor for infant and toddler, daycare, child care, school and preschool
We offer up to 75% discount commercial playgrounds | cheap playground equipment | infant and toddler playgrounds | preschool play structures | nature playground equipment, school playground equipment, safety surfacing, shade structures, climbing walls | We have affordable playground equipment for churches, school and elementary.
U.S. Department of Labor, 29CFR Part 1910- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 40CFR Part 372- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 16CFR Part 1500- ACGIH, Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents and Biological Exposure Indices- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Toxicology Program, Annual Report on Carcinogens- World Health Organization International Agency for Research on Cancer, IARC Monographs on the Evaluation on the Carcinogenic Risk ofChemicals to Humans- DFG, List of MAK and BAT Values- EU Directive 76/769/EEC, 67/548/EEC, 1999/45/EC- EU Regulation (EC)2037/2000, (EC)304/2003- Canada Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System- Australia National Occupational Health and Safety Commissions Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances [NOHSC:1008] Abbreviations: ...
Global Freestanding Playground Equipments Market Growth 2019-2025 : PlayCore, Landscape Structures, Kompan, PlayPower, ELI,...
The key aim of this Global report is to provide updates and data relating to the Freestanding Playground Equipments market and also make out all the opportunities for expansion in the market. To begin with, the report entails a market synopsis and offers market definition and outline of the Freestanding Playground Equipments market. The synopsis section comprises market dynamics entailing market restraints, drivers, trends, and opportunities trailed by pricing analysis and value chain analysis.. The report presents a demand for individual segment in each region. It demonstrates various segments Climbing Equipments, Slides, Swings, Other and sub-segments Parks and Amusement Parks, Schools, Communities, Other of the global Freestanding Playground Equipments market. Further, the report provides valuable data such as offerings, revenue, and a business outline of the prominent players in the Freestanding Playground Equipments market. The Global report draws attention to a number of avenues for the ...
Consumer Information | Baltimore County Public Library
The Consumer Product Safety Commission invites consumers, child service providers, health care professionals, government officials and public safety entities to submit reports of harm (Reports) involving consumer products. Manufacturers (including importers) and private labelers identified in Reports will receive a copy of the Report, and have the opportunity to comment on them. Completed Reports and manufacturer comments are published on this site for everyone to see.. ...
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the United States Fire Administration (USFA) are urging consumers to play it safe as winter weather blankets the United States.. According to USFA, home fires spike in winter months. Cooking and home heating are the leading causes of residential building fires during the winter. The risk of fires also increases with the use of supplemental heating, such as space heaters.. CPSC estimates that home heating was associated with an average of 33,300 fires and 180 fire deaths per year from 2005 to 2007.. Carbon monoxide (CO) is also a serious threat in the winter months. Any fuel-burning appliances in the home, including furnaces and fireplaces, are a potential CO source. Carbon monoxide is called the invisible killer, because it is an odorless, colorless and poisonous gas.. There has been an increasing trend in unintentional, non-fire CO deaths associated with consumer products since 1999. CPSC staff estimates there were 184 CO poisoning deaths ...
A large recall of about 220,000 Ceramic Piggy and Lion Banks, has been implemented by the Oriental Trading Company, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) just announced.. The CPSC is advising consumers to stop using these banks immediately and notes that it is illegal to resell or to attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.. The yellow surface paint on the banks contains excessive levels of lead, which is prohibited under federal law. To date, no incidents or injuries have been reported; however, it is imported to note that reactions to lead exposure and lead poisoning often take time to manifest.. Exposure to lead in children and unborn children can cause brain and nervous system damage, behavioral and learning problems, slowed growth, hearing problems, headaches, mental and physical retardation, and behavioral and other health problems. Lead is also known to cause cancer and reproductive harm and, in adults, can damage the nervous system. Of ...
New CDC Report Finds More Adults Are Dying from Bicycle-Related Accidents; CPSC Says it Highlights the Importance of Helmets -...
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is reminding consumers of the importance of wearing helmets for sports and recreation to reduce the risk of head injury, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Helmets absorb much of the impact energy from a fall or collision, and can protect the skull and brain from more severe injury.. Bike helmets are required to meet CPSCs federal safety standard. They must have a label stating that they meet the standard. Consumers can usually find this label on the liner inside of the helmet, on the exterior surface, or attached to the chin strap. Information on bike helmets, and helmets for other activities, can be found at CPSCs «Which Helmet for Which Activity» webpage.. Findings in a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show just how critical helmets are to preventing injuries and deaths. The report found that from 2009 through 2018: ...
December « 2015 « International Playground Safety Intstitute
July 18, 2015. Food for Thought from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission Staff. Playgrounds should allow children to develop physical and social skills, and part of that development includes testing the limits of their skills. Innovation is important for this, as children need new challenges. Staff believes it is important that new, innovative playground components should still follow the safety recommendations and standards that both CPSC staff and ASTM have worked to refine over the past several decades. CPSC Staff May 20, 2013. CPSC staff believes that focusing on the hazards posed by the equipments design or movement would address the issues of nontraditional equipment more appropriately than exempting that equipment from all but the most basic requirements. CPSC Staff May 10, 2012. CPSC staff believes that rather than exempting nontraditional equipment from most aspects of the standard, a more appropriate method of dealing with any issues of nontraditional equipment would be to ...
Daily Bulletin: Toy Safety Tips - Lifestyle - Columbus Parent - Columbus, OH
Advice on avoiding injuries. Tis the season to give and receive toys. But gifts that are not age-appropriate may have hidden dangers. To help keep kids safe, Prevent Blindness, a national nonprofit organization, is providing safety tips and shopping advice.. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety commission, toys are a leading cause of injury. More than 254,000 toy-related injuries were treated in U.S. emergency rooms in 2015, the most recent year of data available.. Prevent Blindness offers a host of recommendations, including:. Make sure a toy is right for a childs age and ability. Avoid toys with shooting or flying parts, or with sharp points or dangerous edges. Make sure a toy is labeled to meet safety standards from ASTM International. Provide eye protection with sports equipment. Do not give young children toys with small parts or long strings. Do not buy toys that contain small magnets, which can be dangerous if swallowed. Buy only nontoxic art supplies. Read the full list at ...
Trampoline - Wikipedia
Using a trampoline can be dangerous. Organized clubs and gyms usually have large safety end-decks with foam pads at each end, and spotters are placed alongside the trampoline to try to break the fall of any athlete who loses control and falls. In 1999, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated there were 100,000 hospital emergency room visits for trampoline injuries.. Due to the much larger numbers involved and lesser safety standards, the majority of injuries occur on privately owned home trampolines or in commercial trampoline facilities rather than organized gyms.. CBC Televisions Marketplace discovered that the trampoline park industry is unregulated in Canada, with different standards for padding and foam pit depth, self-inspections and repairs, and not being required to report injuries. It was also noted that there were generally too few staff to enforce rules, and that promotional advertisements often showed participants engaging in somersaults even though this was ...
Using Freedom of Information Act Requests to your Advantage in Prosecuting Subrogation Claims - Subrogation & Recovery Law Blog
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) can be a useful tool that subrogation professionals can employ to effectively gather information to build a successful products liability claim. In cases where a loss is caused by a defective product, a simple FOIA request to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) can produce a veritable treasure trove of documents of reported incidents involving a particular product. The CPSC tracks all complaints it receives about safety issues involving products sold in the United States. The complaints can come from a variety of sources, including local, state, or federal government agencies, as well as from consumers who contact the CPSCs hotline. Depending on the number of incidents and the magnitude of the risk to consumers, the CPSC may launch an in-depth investigation (IDI) of a particular product. Subrogation professionals investigating a potential products liability claim can utilize the CPSCs website and FOIA requests to assist in determining ...
Safety Recall: Kiddie Smoke Alarms - City of Hanahan
Fire safety product maker Kidde is recalling nearly 500,000 smoke alarms that could be faulty.. The company issued a recall for about 452,000 alarms in the U.S. and 40,000 in Canada after discovering that a yellow cap potentially left on during production could cover a sensor and prevent it from detecting smoke.. Kidde said it had identified one report of a yellow cap on an alarm before it was installed in the buyers home. The company said it was not aware of any incidents or injuries connected to the defect.. The recall affects the Kidde dual-sensor smoke alarm models PI2010 and PI9010. If the date code printed on the back of the alarm falls between Sept. 10, 2016, and Oct. 13, 2017, the model is affected.. Consumers should remove the alarm from the wall/ceiling and visually inspect it through the opening on the side of the alarm for the presence of a yellow cap, Kidde warned in an alert through the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.. But the company warned consumers not to take apart ...
Advocates applaud passage of bill on liquid nicotine safety - Kids in Danger
The House of Representatives approved the Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act (S. 142), on Monday, January 11. The bill, passed by the Senate in December, would direct the Consumer Product Safety Commission to require child-resistant packaging on the liquid nicotine containers used for e-cigarettes and other vaping devices. The legislation now moves to the Presidents desk to be signed in to law.. Many organizations worked on this bill, led by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Consumers Union, Consumer Federation of America, and Kids in Danger issued the following joint statement:. This legislation will go far to protect young children from the dangers of liquid nicotine. Just one teaspoon can be fatal to a child. And this safety threat only continues to grow as e-cigarettes and other vaping devices grow in popularity. We applaud Congresswoman Brooks and Congresswoman Esty for sponsoring the bill, Congresswoman Schakowsky for her leadership, and all the bills proponents for their ...
Safety Archive - Boomer Consumer - page 25
As the main ATV riding season kicks into gear, so does the increase in deaths. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission data shows that ATV-related deaths jump on average 30 percent from March to April for children younger than 16 years of age. Adult deaths increase 88 percent on average for the same time period. … ...
CPSC Votes to Look at Banning Organohalogen Flame Retardants | McIntyre & Lemon
10/12/17 - Last month, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC or Commission) voted to approve a petition seeking to ban products in four categories that contain non-polymeric, additive organohalogen flame retardants (OFRs).. The product categories are childrens products, upholstered furniture, mattresses/mattress pads, and casings surrounding electronics. The Commission will now initiate a rulemaking regarding OFRs and will establish a Chronic Hazard Advisory Panel (CHAP) to study OFRs. The Commission also voted to publish guidance about the toxicity and hazards of OFRs.. Before voting on the petition, the CPSC held a hearing on the petition and heard from 31 witnesses. Most of the witnesses supported the petition and opposed a CPSC staff briefing, which recommended that the Commission deny the petition.. Less than a week after the hearing, the CPSC met again to vote on whether to grant the petition. The Commission voted 3-2 to grant the petition and initiate the CHAP on OFRs to aid the ...
The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) creates codes and standards related to fire and electrical safety. Generally, compliance with NFPA standards is voluntary.. However, compliance with the NFPA codes and standards can reatly improve the quality and safety of your products. From August 1, 2017 to August 22, 2017 there were 6 products recalled by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), due to fire hazards, burn hazards, or not meeting federal flammability standards.. The National Fire Protection Agency NFPA is a U.S. trade association tasked with creating and upholding standards and codes to be adopted by local governments. NFPA fire and flammability Standards are created for products relating to electrical equipment, electrical safety and maintenance, as well as fire, fireworks, explosives, and other fire related activities and equipment. It is estimated that in 2011, the cost of fires in the U.S. totaled $329 billion. This total includes economic losses, expenses from ...
Goal Safety</span> </span> ...
As concerned administrators, coaches and parents, we want to remind you all of the seriousness of goal safety. As we have visited several fields throughout our association in recent months, we have seen an alarming number of unsecured or poorly secured soccer goals.. We urge you all to have a soccer goal safety strategy in place, with good reason. From 1998-2008, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has received reports of at least eight deaths and an estimated 2,000 emergency room visits by children under 16 years of age that were related to soccer goal tip-overs and structural failures. According to Anchored for Safety, a nonprofit initiative for promoting soccer goal safety awareness, five soccer goal-related deaths have occurred in the past two years.. According to US Youth Soccer, unanchored or improperly secured soccer goals account for seven of the top twenty insurance claims, nationally, in youth soccer. Three were fatalities and four resulted in injury to the players. The ...
Consumer Product Safety - Insurance Broker
Disclaimer , Copyright © 2000-2017 OLGA RYJKOVA , Insurance Broker & Financial Adviser , All rights reserved , Designed and hosted by Web Engine Studio ...
Space Heater Safety
Portable heaters and burning candles that are left unattended, especially around children and pets, can create a fire hazard. In addition, gasoline- or diesel-powered generators and appliances can produce deadly levels of carbon monoxide and should never be operated inside the home or garage.. Also, be sure to place smoke alarms on every level of your home, outside of sleeping areas and inside each bedroom. Guard against carbon monoxide (CO) poisonings as well by installing carbon monoxide alarms in your home. Make sure that your batteries in all alarms are fresh and working.. Using extension cords to bring electricity into a location where electric service was shut off may create a fire hazard. If this situation is detected, the Local Codes Enforcement Officer will be notified.. * This includes information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ...
Carbonmonoxide Detectors Save Lives (CPSC)
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends that consumers purchase and install carbon monoxide detectors with labels showing they meet the requirements of the new Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) voluntary standard (UL 2034). The UL standard, published in April 1992, requires detectors to sound an alarm when exposure to carbon monoxide reaches potentially hazardous levels over a period of time. Detectors that meet the requirements of UL 2034 provide a greater safety margin than previously-manufactured detectors.. About 200 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning associated with home fuel-burning heating equipment. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is produced when any fuel is incompletely burned. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to flu-like illnesses and include dizziness, fatigue, headaches, nausea, and irregular breathing. Carbon monoxide can leak from faulty furnaces or fuel-fired heaters or can be trapped inside by a blocked ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission. "Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets" (PDF). Final Rule 16 CFR Part 1203. Archived from the ... Trade Practices (Consumer Product Safety Standard) (Bicycle Helmets) Regulations 2001 Statutory Rules 2001 No. 279 as amended ... U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. After Recent Death, CPSC Warns Against Wearing Bike Helmets on Playgrounds accessed ... Consumer Product Safety Commission" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 September 2008.. [unreliable source?] ...
Consumer Product Safety. Health Canada. 2002-04-15. Retrieved 2010-07-09. "How to choose the best bug repellent". Best Health. ... English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/Summer-Safety-Tips-Staying-Safe-Outdoors.aspx Record in the Household Products Database ... The agency recommended that DEET-based products be used on children between the ages of 2 and 12 only if the concentration of ... DEET is often sold and used in spray or lotion in concentrations up to 100%. Consumer Reports found a direct correlation ...
"U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 21 August 2015.. *^ CPSC. "Poison Prevention Packaging". US Consumer Product ... "U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 19 December 2008.. *^ Viscusi, W. Kip (1995). Fatal tradeoffs: public and ... This gave the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission the authority to regulate this area. Additions throughout the ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has stated in a press release that "There is no such thing as child-proof packaging ...
"Consumer Product Safety Commission". Retrieved January 22, 2014. "HP Chromebook Now Good to Go - Google Replaces Faulty Charger ... "HP Unveils Five New Innovative and Stylish Consumer Products for Holiday". Retrieved October 13, 2014. "Chromebox device". ... If Google wants to use students' data to 'improve Google products', then it needs to get express consent from parents." By ... As of November 2019, Chromium OS reports the product end of life date in the "About this Chromebook" section of device settings ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission, and subsequently fined $7,500 for "Selling Illegal Fireworks Components". In 2008, the home ... Consumer Product Safety Commission. 2007-07-20. Retrieved 2006-07-18. Dayal, Priyanka (9 August 2008). "Chemist allowed to go ... Texas Administrative Code: Title 37, Public Safety And Corrections; Part 1, Texas Department Of Public Safety; Chapter 13, ... However, due to increasing concerns about terrorism, drugs, and safety, suppliers became increasingly reluctant to sell to ...
"Fantasia Accessories Recalls Slap Bracelets Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target". Consumer Product Safety ... "U.S. Consumer Panel Warns of Injury by 'Slap' Bracelets". The New York Times. Associated Press. October 30, 1990. "Principal ...
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) launched an investigation into the safety of the device in late 2015 and ... "Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards Recalled by 10 Firms Due to Fire Hazard". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved ... "Chairman's Hoverboard Press Statement". U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. July 6, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-12. "More than ... As with most wheeled vehicles where the rider is exposed, Consumer Reports has recommended that users wear appropriate safety ...
"State ATV Information". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 21 March 2018. "Attorney General Opinion No. 94-102". ... Street-legal two-, three-, and four-wheeled vehicles must comply with structure, safety equipment, and operating conditions in ... This will require specific configurations of lighting, signal lights, and safety equipment. Some specialty vehicles that will ... Common requirements for automobiles include structure (examples: hood) and safety equipment (examples: headlamps and bumpers). ...
"Instant Pot Pressure Cookers Recalled by Double Insight". Consumer Product Safety Commission. 23 July 2016. Archived from the ... "Fired From His Own Startup, This Founder Invented Amazon's Hit Product of 2016". Inc.com. 15 May 2017. Archived from the ... The defect caused electric current to leak, which could potentially shock the product's user. There were four reported ...
Scott Wolfson, Deputy Director, Consumer Product Safety Commission, 9 November 2007., The toy was supposed to contain the non- ... "U.S. CPSC recall notice". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Archived from the original on 9 November 2007. Retrieved 9 ... and subsequently from the North American market by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission as well as European ... In 2007, Bindeez was subject to a multi-national product recall after it was found that the Wangqi Product Factory in Shenzhen ...
"Children Still Suffocating with Plastic Bags" (PDF). Consumer Product Safety Alert. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. ... "Children Still Suffocating with Plastic Bags". US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Archived from the original on 14 July ... While the average consumer in China uses only two or three plastic bags a year, the numbers are much higher in most other ... In 1992, Sonoco Products Company of Hartsville, SC patented the "self-opening polyethylene bag stack". The main innovation of ...
17 consumers issued safety complaints with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Five of the complainants required ... "Ultimate Chopper LLC Announce Recall to Inspect and Replace Food Processors". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Ultimate ... putting users of the product at risk of lacerations and/or fingertip amputation if consumers insert their hands into the food ... According to the CSPC's product recall page for the Ultimate Chopper, the Ultimate Chopper was sold from March 2002 through ...
About Sicard Industries "Snow Thrower Safety" (PDF). Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 2014-01-22. Steward, Angela ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that each year there are approximately 5,740 snowblower related injuries ... In an effort to improve safety, many manufacturers now include a plastic tool to be used to clear jams, often mounted directly ... Most modern machines mitigate this problem by including a safety system known as the "Dead man's switch" to prevent the ...
"The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Archived from the original on 22 March ... The heat source in poorly designed humidifiers can overheat, causing the product to melt, leak, and start fires. An impeller ...
Coby Electronics Corporation
On December 13, 2013, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of multiple Coby flat-screen television due ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Coby Electronics consumer product safety information webpage". Retrieved 2008-12-06. ... of the United States, the products reached consumers in Asia, North America, South America and Europe; however, the company ... Coby Electronics Corporation was an American manufacturer of consumer electronics products headquartered in Lake Success, New ...
Shakespeare Fishing Tackle
Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 2008-06-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) v t e v t e. ...
"Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards Recalled by 10 Firms Due to Fire Hazard". Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 12 ... They did also say that "our road safety experts in the Centre for Road Safety are currently working with their counterparts ... by banning the sales of non-certified products, and by publishing a list of legal products. The terminology for these devices ... Road Safety Council. [2019-04-12]. Cheng, Kris (22 October 2015). "30 years on from 'Back to the Future', present-day ...
To promote greater safety in pools and spas, Nancy Baker gave testimony to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and James ... "Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act" Archived May 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Consumer Product Safety ... "Former Secretary of state pushes for hot tub safety standards". Vac-Alert. June 29, 2007. Press Releases: "Former Secretary of ... Baker helped form an advocacy group, which led to the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool And Spa Safety Act (15 USC 8001). Another ...
Mark W. Publicover
Consumer Product Safety Commission. p. 18. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 28, 2013. A third product, trampolines, ... At the Super Show, Costco agreed to test the product in 22 stores, where the product sold well. Costco took the product into ... Consumer Product Safety Commission. January 25, 2005. Retrieved May 31, 2014. Jumpking Inc.® of Mesquite, Texas, is voluntarily ... switched to selling competitor Jump King trampoline enclosures that were later deemed unsafe by the Consumer Product Safety ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "The Product Safety Circle". Consumer Product Safety Commission. 2000. Archived from ... Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) "Product Safety Circle". In 2007, JumpSport's 15 employee business had $13 million ... The downside is that he is now embroiled in a lawsuit against companies with similar products. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ... JumpSport markets and sells a patented trampoline safety net enclosure which was invented by one of the company's founders, ...
Johnson Health Tech
In August 2015, Johnson Health Tech was fined $3 million by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for failing to ... It is headquartered in Taichung, Taiwan. JHT's products include treadmills, stationary bicycles, elliptical trainers, weight ...
"U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2020.. ... "Freezing and food safety". USDA. Archived from the original on 18 September 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.. ... Dairy products, meats, fish, poultry and vegetables can be kept refrigerated in the same space within the kitchen (although raw ... This allows consumers to leave food in the main refrigerator compartment uncovered, and also helps keep vegetables moist. This ...
Energy Safety Service (ACC Website, December 2002 ISBN 0-478-26322-8) "GFCIs Fact Sheet" (PDF). US Consumer Product Safety ... Consumer Unit World. Retrieved 2017-12-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) GFCIs Fact Sheet (US Consumer Product Safety ... To implement this arrangement it was common to install a consumer unit incorporating an RCD in what is known as a split load ... Ken Oldham Smith; John M. Madden (15 April 2008). Electrical Safety and the Law. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 186-. ISBN 978-0-470- ...
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) banned lead paint in 1977 in residential properties and public buildings (16 ... "CPSC Announces Final Ban on Lead-Containing Paint". US Consumer Product Safety Commission. 2 September 1977. Archived from the ... the CPSC instituted the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, which changed the cap on lead content in paint from ... household products, children's products, and exterior and interior surfaces of any building frequented by children to 0.5% by ...
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission, or UCPSC, reports it receives about 10 reports per year where nightlights close to ... US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Archived from the original on August 13, 2011. Retrieved May 12, 2011. [htwhit curry/web ... the use of nightlights with bulbs cooler than the four or seven watt incandescent bulbs still used in some older products. A ...
US Consumer Product Safety Commission. May 13, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2014-08-14. ... Despite the fact the parallel dip is safer (the dip does not require spotters or safety bars), in the 1950s the bench press ...
Carbon monoxide poisoning
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has stated, "carbon monoxide detectors are as important to home safety as ... "Carbon Monoxide Detectors Can Save Lives: CPSC Document #5010". US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Archived from the ... NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic International Programme on Chemical Safety (1999). Carbon Monoxide, Environmental ... "Gas Safety in the Home". UK Gas Safe Register. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-05-27. "MGL Ch. 148 § ...
Amusement park accidents
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission tracks statistics for all amusement ride accidents. Accidents listed here are caused ... Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Amusement Safety Organization Amusement ride injuries US Consumer Product Safety ... US Consumer Product Safety Commission. 2003-11-01. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-01-04. Jonel ... US Consumer Product Safety Commission. 2003-11-01. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-01-04. Travis ...
1974), The Legislation of Product Safety. Consumer Health and Product Hazards. Vol. I. Chemicals, Electronic Products, ... which claimed that his book The Safe Shopper's Bible misleads consumers by labeling safe products as carcinogenic. He was a ... How to Avoid Cancer from Cosmetics and Personal Care Products, Environmental Toxicology. 2nd ed., Environmental Toxicology, ... "Book on unsafe products attacked by the FDA", Chicago Tribune, September 22, 1995 Epstein's Blog at The Huffington Post Right ...
Electric bicycle laws
... the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), has exclusive jurisdiction over electric bicycles as to consumer product ... the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), has exclusive jurisdiction over electric bicycles as to consumer product ... Note that this refers to consumer product regulations enacted under the Consumer Product Safety Act. Preemption of more ... The federal Consumer Product Safety Act defines a "low speed electric bicycle" as a two or three wheeled vehicle with fully ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
Label directions are designed to maximize the effectiveness of the product, while protecting the applicator, consumers, and the ... In order to be considered for use, pesticides had to undergo 120 tests with regards to safety and its actual effectiveness. ... 425 per product up to fifty products and a maximum of $20,000 per company. For each product over fifty, the fee is $100, for ... Registration of pesticide productsEdit. Before a company can register its pesticide products with the EPA, it must know what ...
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs
Consumers should be vigilant in finding out more information about products and ingredients, and boycotting producers and their ... The authors also question the value of statements made by scientists who vouch for the safety of products, citing the example ... The book argues that many products would not be sold if properly labeled, and this failure to police product labeling has been ... and food products-are released with little regard for or knowledge of how these products adversely affect the consumer. ...
Liquefied natural gas
This proximity decreases transportation and LNG product costs for consumers. It also avoids the additional greenhouse ... Safety and accidents. Natural gas is a fuel and a combustible substance. To ensure safe and reliable operation, ... AP-X - designed by Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI). *AP-SMR (Single Mixed Refrigerant) - designed by Air Products & ... "National transportation safety board" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-02-25.. ...
Adequacy of regulation and CAM safety. Many of the claims regarding the safety and efficacy of alternative medicine are ... includes not just the use of plant products, but may also include the use of animal and mineral products. It is among the ... 1992). A Consumer's Guide to "Alternative Medicine": A Close Look at Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Faith-healing and Other ... animal and fungal products, and minerals, including use of these products in traditional medical practices that may also ...
Leiner Health Products
"CPSC, Leiner Health Products Announce Recall of Dietary Supplements Containing Iron". U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, ... Consumer Product Safety Commission, published January 28, 2005, accessed June 4, 2006. "Slain trooper's widow sues makers, ... Leiner Health Products was a company based in Carson, California, and was one of America's largest manufacturers of vitamins, ... It cited numerous examples of Leiner products of this nature labeled with "Made in the U.S.A." statements and American flags, ...
"FDA warns consumers about fraudulent Ebola treatment products" (Press release). Archived from the original on 11 January 2017. ... "Ebolavirus - Pathogen Safety Data Sheets". Public Health Agency of Canada. 17 September 2001. Archived from the original on 20 ... Blood products such as packed red blood cells, platelets, or fresh frozen plasma may also be used. Other regulators of ... "Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2014. ...
... spending as part of total U.S. healthcare spending (public and private). Percent of gross domestic product (GDP). ... Consumer-driven healthcare *Flexible spending account (FSA). *Health reimbursement account (HRA). *Health savings account (HSA ... Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act (2005). *Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (2009) ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: L68 - Appliances; Other Consumer Durables. JEL: L69 - Outros. JEL: L7 - Industry Studies: Primary Products and ... JEL: K32 - Environmental, Health, and Safety Law. JEL: K33 - International Law. JEL: K34 - Tax Law. JEL: K35 - Personal ... JEL: P23 - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population. JEL: P24 - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; ... JEL: L73 - Forest Products: Lumber and Paper. JEL: L74 - Construction. JEL: L78 - Government Policy. JEL: L79 - Outros. JEL: L8 ...
In this context, it is the current state of humanity's knowledge of how to combine resources to produce desired products, to ... or to refer to high technology or just consumer electronics, rather than technology as a whole. Bernard Stiegler, in ... and safety. ... Many technological processes produce unwanted by-products known ... "New products, new industries, and more jobs require continuous additions to knowledge of the laws of nature ... This essential ...
Healthcare in Brazil
In 1998, the National Drug Policy was approved, whose purpose is to ensure safety, efficacy, and quality of drugs, as well as ... In 2000, the supply of products was sufficient to meet the need for heterologous sera, such as those used in the vaccines ... Brazil is among the greatest consumers markets for drugs, accounting for 3.5% share of the world market. To expand the access ... less than brand-name products. In 2000, there were 14 industries authorized to produce generic drugs and about 200 registered ...
Throughout history and in Europe right until the late 18th century, not only animal and plant products were used as medicine, ... Access to information on conditions, treatments, quality, and pricing greatly affects the choice by patients/consumers and, ... "further research is needed to ascertain the efficacy and safety" of several of the practices and medicinal plants used by ... treatments outside the bounds of safety and efficacy are termed quackery. ...
"Giotrif : EPAR -Product Information" (PDF). European Medicines Agency. Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH. 16 October 2013 ... "A phase II trial to assess efficacy and safety of afatinib in extensively pretreated patients with HER2-negative metastatic ... Multum Consumer Information. License data. *EU EMA: by INN. *US FDA: Afatinib ... Cleavage products/derivatives with unknown target: Glypromate (GPE, (1-3)IGF-1) ...
Safety. The World Health Organization found chiropractic care in general is safe when employed skillfully and appropriately.[45 ... IPA performance for the same health maintenance organization product in the same geography and time frame. ... "Chiropractic in Alberta: a model of consumer utilization and satisfaction". Dyn Chiropr. 25 (6). ... "Safety and regulation of chiropractic". NHS Choices. 20 August 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2016.. ...
Occupational health psychology
Accidents and safety. Main article: Work accident. Psychological factors are an important factor in occupational ... Caruso, C. (2009). NIOSH OHP activities: Training products for workers who are assigned to shift work or work long work hours. ... Occupational health psychology (OHP) is an interdisciplinary area of psychology that is concerned with the health and safety of ... OHP research at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Main article: National Institute for ...
However, if the product is not regarded as an imminent safety risk, the manufacturer may be given an opportunity to ensure that ... It is not a mark of safety, nor a mark of quality, and has never been intended as a mark for consumers.. ... When a manufacturer puts the CE marking on a product it implies that it complies with all the Essential Health and safety ... Not all products are required to bear CE marking, only the products that fall within the scope of at least one of the sectoral ...
This led to the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commission passing 16 CFR Part 1209, which sets safety standards covering four ... Products. Four major types of loose-fill cellulose products have been developed under a variety of brand names. These are ... Due to complaints by retailers, contractors and consumers about price, safety and quality control problems, the federal ... Proper testing of products containing borates must be performed in order to determine whether dosage and presentation are ...
Milk macaroni products - the same as macaroni products except that milk or a specified milk product is used as the sole ... "Pasta Handling, Safety & Storage". Retrieved 27 March 2012.. *^ a b Roos, Yrjö H (2010). "Glass Transition Temperature and its ... The largest per capita consumers of pasta in 2015 were Italy (23.5 kg/person), Tunisia (16.0 kg/person), Venezuela (12.0 kg/ ... Enriched nonfat milk macaroni products - similar to nonfat milk macaroni products with added requirements that products in this ...
Hilton S, Jaber B, Ruch R (August 1995). "Moclobemide safety: monitoring a newly developed product in the 1990s". J Clin ... "PRODUCT INFORMATION MOCLOBEMIDE SANDOZ® 150mg and 300mg TABLETS". TGA eBusiness Services. Sandoz. 6 March 2012. Retrieved 16 ... Use in children is not recommended as there is insufficient data to assess their safety and efficacy in these patients. ... Hetzel W (1992). "Safety of moclobemide taken in overdose for attempted suicide". Psychopharmacology. 106 Suppl: S127-9. doi: ...
... allay consumer fears of exposure to known neuro-toxicant pesticides and to aid in promoting global acceptance of these products ... Boullata JI, Nace AM (2000). "Safety issues with herbal medicine". Pharmacotherapy. 20 (3): 257-69. doi:10.1592/phco.20.4. ... Contains trace amounts of cocaine and similar alkaloids. In some countries where coca is illegal, products marketed as " ... Various pharmacies have come up with their products using different combinations of Ayurvedic medicines. Ayurvedic tea has also ...
... but why is this not a product of the following?) (2) equal power of consumers (what labour lawyers call an imbalance of ... safety and security economics, health economics, war economics, and of course, production, distribution and consumption ... That is, the higher the price of a product, the less of it people would be prepared to buy (other things unchanged). As the ... In the process, aggregate output may increase as a by-product or by design. Such specialization of production creates ...
"Aristolochic Acid: FDA Warns Consumers to Discontinue Use of Botanical Products that Contain Aristolochic Acid". US FDA. 11 ... Composition and safety. If consumed in reasonable quantities, ginger has few negative side effects. It is on the FDA's " ... but its safety is undefined. Ginger is not effective for treating dysmenorrhea. There is weak evidence for it ... must undergo drying and preparation to reach the goal product. Ginger rhizomes that are to be converted into dry ginger ...
Labor and consumer safety problems. Multiple recent reports have found that most Chinese and Indian teas contain residues of ... Tea blending is the combination of different teas together to achieve the final product. Almost all tea in bags and most loose ... Consumers noticed they could simply leave the tea in the bag and reuse it with fresh tea. However, the potential of this ... Ireland has long been one of the biggest per-capita consumers of tea in the world. The national average is four cups per person ...
... "counterfeit products [are] first and foremost a threat to human health and safety or [whether] provoking anxiety [is] just a ... The platform, dubbed mPedigree, relies on existing GSM networks in that country to provide pharmaceutical consumers and ... such as pharmaceutical products, by assigning individual serial numbers to the containers holding each product. The U.S. Food ... A counterfeit medication or a counterfeit drug is a medication or pharmaceutical product which is produced and sold with the ...
The calculated peak voltage is often reduced by a safety factor.. Choice of impedance. The best coaxial cable impedances ... Micro coaxial cables are used in a range of consumer devices, military equipment, and also in ultra-sound scanning equipment. ... http://www.commscope.com/catalog/wireless/pdf/part/1329/LDF4-50A.pdf CommScope product specifications, retrieved May 25, 2017 ... twisted pair cables have replaced them in most applications except in the growing consumer cable modem market for broadband ...
One of the oldest Western philosophies on human rights is that they are a product of a natural law, stemming from different ... Other theories hold that human rights codify moral behavior which is a human social product developed by a process of ...
History of the petroleum industry in Canada (natural gas)
Selling the products. The enormous growth in Canadian processing capacity in the late 1950s and early 1960s created large ... For decades, California consumers opposed rival pipelines for fear of having to pay higher gas prices to cover pipeline ... The incident spawned a generation of safety regulations that require the industry to designate hazardous drilling targets as " ... Although classified as a gas field, in the lower-price environment of the day sulfur, liquids and other by-products from the ...
As each hybrid is the product of (at least) two parent species, they are listed multiple times. ... DFG Senate Commission on Food Safety (SKLM). 2004. Retrieved November 1, 2018.. ... rising incomes and consumer preference for healthy foods. In 2019-20, world production of oranges was estimated to be 47.5 ...
Zhao, ZJ; Tong, HR; Zhou, L; Wang, EX; Liu, QJ (2010). "FUNGAL COLONIZATION OF PU‐ERH TEA IN YUNNAN". Journal of Food Safety. ... Pu'er traditionally begins as a raw product known as "rough" máochá (毛茶) and can be sold in this form or pressed into a number ... The interpretation of the packing of pu'er is usually dependent on the consumer's knowledge and negotiation between the ... Cao, J.; Zhao, Y.; Liu, J.W. (December 1998). "Safety evaluation and fluorine concentration of pu'er brick tea and bianxiao ...
... the European Food Safety Authority Panel on Food Additives determined that it was not possible to conclude on its safety or to ... Staff (1983). Food and Drug Administration Consumer. U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, ... The FDA has asserted that some yohimbine-containing products are "drugs" because they are so promoted as to show "they are ... "CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21: Regulations on OTC products". U.S. Food and Drug Administration.. ...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. September 2000. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 26, 2017. Retrieved ... In 1999, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated there were 100,000 hospital emergency room visits for trampoline ... Trampoline Safety Archived February 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine, Consumer Affairs ... Safety net enclosures have a larger benefit for safeguarding solo trampolinists, so long as they avoid falling on their head or ...
Consumer product safety | Comisión Europea
... product safety directive, exceptions and the responsibilities of authorities and... ... How product safety rules are defined and enforced in the EU, ... Consumer Agenda and EU product safety strategy. The Consumer ... The General Product Safety Directive. EU rules on product safety are defined in the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD). ... The EU product safety policy, one of the pillars of the Consumer Agenda is key in order to achieve the aims it pursues. ...
Lobbying Spending Database Consumer Product Safety, 2011 | OpenSecrets
Lobbying Spending Database-Consumer Product Safety, 2006 | OpenSecrets
Lobbying U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on safety issues related to paper shredders. ... Pool Safety, ATV Safety, product safety/criminal liability. ... Safety Legislation for ATVs. H.R. 2357, THE RESPIRATOR ACCESS ... Consumer Data Security and Notification Act of 2005; H.R. 3374, Consumer Notification and Financial Data Protection Act of 2005 ... 2178 Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act of 2006, HR 5318 Cyber Security Enhancement and Consumer Data Protection Act of ...
The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) | CPSC.gov
These GCCs apply to products subject to a consumer product safety rule or any similar CPSC rule, ban, standard or regulation ... This landmark consumer product safety law amended CPSA in 2008 and provided CPSC with significant new regulatory and ... You are about to leave the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) public website.. ... including the Consumer Product Safety Act. The CPSIA included provisions addressing, among other things, lead, phthalates, toy ...
Radiation Safety for Consumer Products | IAEA
Consumer Goods, Consumer Products, Radionuclides, Safety Assessment, Irradiated Gemstones, Public Safety, Regulatory Body, ... INTERNATIONAL ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY, OECD NUCLEAR ENERGY AGENCY, Radiation Safety for Consumer Products, IAEA Safety Standards ... In the IAEA safety standards, a consumer product is defined as a device or manufactured item into which radionuclides have ... Ionizing Radiation, Recycling, Disposal, Life Cycle, Service Life, Electronic Products, Historical Consumer Products, Quality ...
Consumer Product Safety | Mintz
The consumer product safety community is rarely provided guidance by federal court decisions. On Tuesday, however, Judge R. ... On Friday, February 16, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") announced that it had voted 3-1 (along party lines ... On Friday, October 5, 2018, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") announced that Costco Wholesale, Corp. (Costco ... Consumer Product Safety Commission with a term that runs through October of 2024. ...
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Non-Retaliation Policy | CPSC.gov
Consumer Product Safety Commission (Commission or CPSC) is committed to fair regulatory enforcement practices, supports the ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (Commission or CPSC) is committed to fair regulatory enforcement practices, ... U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. 4330 East-West Highway Bethesda, MD 20814 ... You are about to leave the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) public website.. ...
4th Biennial United States-China Consumer Product Safety Summit | CPSC.gov
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine of ... 2011 The 4th Biennial United States-China Consumer Product Safety Summit between the U.S. ... The 4th Biennial United States-China Consumer Product Safety Summit between the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) ... You are about to leave the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) public website.. ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) | JD Supra
In 2015, a group of consumer groups filed a petition with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") seeking to ban ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") announced on August 29 it has provisionally agreed with Home Depot U.S.A ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC"), by unanimous vote, has approved a final rule providing that seven ... This week, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) voted to form an advisory panel and begin drafting a rule to ...
The Third North America Consumer Product Safety Summit Joint Statement | CPSC.gov
Mexicos Consumer Protection Federal Agency (PROFECO), the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health ... view continued cooperation as the essential element for sustained progress in our joint product safety work. We have worked ... 2015 The national consumer product safety regulators of North America - ... The national consumer product safety regulators of North America - Mexicos Consumer Protection Federal Agency (PROFECO), the ...
December news from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Consumer Product Safety Commission. Submitted by Steve Galitzer. News from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, or CPSC ... Health and safety. *December news from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ... A chemical used in the rubber part on the top cover of the product can result in a reaction that changes the rubber from black ... The warning labels on the childrens waterslide are inadequate for weight limit and fail to tell consumers never to slide head ...
Consumer Product Safety: US Opens Safety Office in China - FindLaw
Consumer Product Safety Commission to do? How about setting up an office in China? The CPSC plans to do just that in an attempt ... With all of the dangerous products entering the United States from China, what is the U.S. ... to reduce the flow of dangerous products into the American market, the Associated Press reports. ... China has reportedly been making changes to its consumer product safety review process, in light of food and product safety ...
Consumer Product Safety
Updates and ideas about consumer law and policy by lawyers and law professors. Sponsored by Public Citizen Litigation Group. ... It fulfills its mission by banning dangerous consumer products, establishing safety requirements for other consumer products, ... extensive new regulatory authorities and mandates to improve consumer product safety through the Consumer Product Safety ... Posted by Jeff Sovern on Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 05:17 PM in Advertising, Consumer History, Consumer Product Safety , ...
U.S. GAO - Consumer Product Safety Commission Needs to Issue Safety Standards Faster
The Consumer Product Safety Act contains several provisions designed to guide the development and issuance of standards.The ... The Consumer Product Safety Commission issues standards to protect the public from injury associated with consumer products. ... Commission has not developed and issued safety standards within the proper time. ... The Consumer Product Safety Commission issues standards to protect the public from injury associated with consumer products. ...
U.S. GAO - Consumer Product Safety Commission: Awareness, Use, and Usefulness of SaferProducts.gov
... has used various approaches to inform the public about SaferProducts.While CPSC has employed many key practices for consumer ... In the wake of increased product recalls in 2007-2008, Congress passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 ( ... Consumer Product Safety Commission:. Awareness, Use, and Usefulness of SaferProducts.gov. GAO-13-306: Published: Mar 11, 2013. ... The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has used various approaches to inform the public about SaferProducts.gov, ...
Consumer Product Safety Act - Wikipedia
The Consumer Product Safety Act (PDF) Associated Regulations U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website National ... On 2008-08-14, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 became effective. Among other provisions, its Section 219 ... CPSC has jurisdiction over more than 15,000 different consumer products. The CPSA excludes from jurisdiction those products ... clothes New law has thrift stores worried about the toys on their shelves The Consumer Product Safety Act: A Legal Analysis ...
SHARE Information Act & Disclosure of Product Safety Risks - Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports explains how the bill seeks to change a decades-old law to provide prompt disclosure of product safety risks. ... would remove the shroud of secrecy over product-related hazards. ... All Products A-Z. All Product Reviews. Appliances. *Dishwashers ... All Product ReviewsBabies & Kids. Most Popular. *CRs Guide to the Coronavirus ... All Product ReviewsHome & Garden. Most Popular. *CRs Guide to the Coronavirus ...
ANSI to Sponsor International Consumer Product Health and Safety Conference
... director of worldwide product safety for Mattel, Inc., and chairman of ASTM Committee F15 on consumer products. Consumer ... a Consumer Product Safety Standard will challenge participants to identify the potential hazards associated with a consumer ... ANSI to Sponsor International Consumer Product Health and Safety Conference. New York, Apr 13, 2006 ... "ANSI shares ICPHSOs commitment to protect consumers by enhancing the safety of products manufactured and sold in the global ...
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) Testing and Compliance Solutions
Compliance and Testing solutions to help you meet and maintain product quality, safety and performance ... Intertek offers Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) ... Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) open/close * ... Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) Testing and Compliance Solutions. Intertek is a U.S. Consumer Product Safety ... Strengthens the enforcement authority of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to recall products and provide notices ...
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act - Wikipedia
The legislation requires that every manufacturer of a product subject to a consumer product safety rule will provide a "General ... Additionally, under the Act a Publicly Available Consumer Product Safety Information Database where consumers can directly ... the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008", Consumers Union, (accessed 6 December 2008) Natural Resources ... The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 is a United States law signed on August 14, 2008 by President ...
Consumer Products Quality & Safety Services - News and Events - NSF International
Consumer Products Treated with Pesticides | Pest Control and Pesticide Safety for Consumers | US EPA
Consumers may distinguish such products by the absence of the EPAs pesticide registration number of the registered pesticide ... This product does not protect users or others against food-borne bacteria. Always clean and wash this product thoroughly before ... This product does not protect users against bacteria, viruses or other disease organisms. Always clean and wash this product ... If EPA determines that such a product is exempt from registration as a pesticide, the product may claim only that it contains a ...
Standard - Consumer product safety -- Guidelines for suppliers ISO 10377:2013 - SIS.se
2013 provides practical guidance to suppliers on assessing and managing the safety of consumer products, including effective ... Consumer product safety -- Guidelines for suppliers - ISO 10377:2013ISO 10377: ... 2013 is intended to apply to consumer products, but might also be applicable to decisions concerning safety in other product ... ISO 10377:2013 provides practical guidance to suppliers on assessing and managing the safety of consumer products, including ...
EU Consumer Chief To Stress Product Safety In China - Law360
European Union Consumer Commissioner Meglena Kuneva has determined to take a firm stance on product quality during her upcoming ... EU Consumer Chief To Stress Product Safety In China. By Bailey Somers ... During a visit scheduled to last from July 21 to July 27, Kuneva will stress the importance of product safety, and discuss ... Product Liability Show all interests. Aerospace & Defense Appellate Asset Management Automotive Banking Bankruptcy California ...
BREAKING: FDA Finds Asbestos in Claire's Cosmetics Products, Issues Safety Alert to Consumers | EWG
... after the agency found the deadly carcinogen asbestos in at least three different talc-based products. ... urging consumers to stop using certain cosmetics products from the national retailer Claires, ... Home > News > News Releases > BREAKING: FDA Finds Asbestos in Claires Cosmetics Products, Issues Safety Alert to Consumers ... "I urge consumers to heed the FDAs alert and avoid these products, and I hope members of Congress finally recognize the current ...
China Proposes to Strengthen Chemical Safety in Consumer Products | SGS
SAFEGUARDS , Consumer Products NO. 067/17 The Chinese National Consumer Product Safety Standardization Technical Commission has ... China Proposes to Strengthen Chemical Safety in Consumer Products China Proposes to Strengthen Chemical Safety in Consumer ... One of the main objectives of this proposal is to strengthen chemical safety in consumer products and to enhance the quality of ... Once the standard is adopted and published, it will become a national standard for chemical safety in consumer products for ...
Consumer Product Safety Commission issues safety alert for fidget spinners | WBMA
... has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners.In a statement from CPSC acting chairman Ann Marie Buerkle, Buerkle says the ... WZTV) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) ... Consumer Product Safety Commission issues safety alert for ... The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners. PHOTO: MGN ... WZTV) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners. ...
Legal Alert: Consumer Product Safety Risk Management System Prepares for Launch
... 01/06/2011 Consider how many consumer products ... around a household or a school or in recreation qualify as consumer products that are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety ... As of March 11, 2011, that will be the new reality with the Consumer Product Safety Commissions incident database. It will be ... government-sponsored database for reports or complaints about each of those products. ...
Nomination, Consumer Product Safety Commission: hearing before the Committee ... - United States. Congress. Senate. Committee...
... of Samuel NOMINATION-CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY oversight report priorities probably problems Product Safety Act Product Safety ... Product_Safety_Commi.html?id=UyMQAAAAIAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareNomination, Consumer Product Safety Commission. ... Commissions Committee on Commerce commonsense Conference of Mayors Congress consumer product hazards Consumer Product Safety ... Off., 1978 - Consumer protection - 17 pages. 0 Reviewshttps://books.google.com/books/about/Nomination_Consumer_Product_Safety_ ...
PIA Inititates Lead-related Petition to Consumer Product Safety Commission -PI News
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) requesting an extension of the current stay of enforcement for certain Consumer ... The petition acknowledged CPSCs efforts to achieve a workable solution that balances product safety with industry requirements ... Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) testing and certification requirements for ordinary childrens books and other printed ... Congress passed the CPSIA-which seeks to limit the presence of lead and other toxic chemicals in products intended for children ...
CPSCRecallsCommission2017Improvement Act2016CPSIARisksCPSARegulationUnsafe productsCPSC'sCommission'sRecall2020Modernize and strengthenLegislationRetailersCrowellChemicals in consumer productsAdvocacyOccupational SafetyCosmeticsRequirementsIAEA Safety StandardsSearchCanada Consumer ProRegulatoryHealthOrganizationEnvironmentalComplaintsGuidanceEnforcementPotential hazards associatedPublicPracticesRisk assessmentDefective productsMattressesTobacco productsComplianceVoluntary2018ToxicProtect consumersLimits10377ComplaintCongressFlame retardantCertain hazardous substancesLiabilityIssuesNorth AmericaComplyFoodborne illnessHazards can be addressedReport an unsafeFoodNewsCCPSA
- Holiday Toy Safety: CPSC At the Port - Duration: 2 minutes, 17 seconds. (youtube.com)
- CPSC Fireworks Safety Demonstration 2017 - Duration: 3 minutes, 3 seconds. (youtube.com)
- This landmark consumer product safety law amended CPSA in 2008 and provided CPSC with significant new regulatory and enforcement tools as part of amending and enhancing several CPSC statutes, including the Consumer Product Safety Act. (cpsc.gov)
- These GCC's apply to products subject to a consumer product safety rule or any similar CPSC rule, ban, standard or regulation enforced by the Commission. (cpsc.gov)
- You are about to leave the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) public website. (cpsc.gov)
- On Friday, October 5, 2018, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") announced that Costco Wholesale, Corp. (Costco) entered into a settlement agreement with the CPSC to pay a $3.85 million civil penalty for its alleged failure to report defective trash cans. (mintz.com)
- On Friday, February 16, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC") announced that it had voted 3-1 (along party lines) to authorize CPSC staff to file an administrative complaint against Britax Child Safety, Inc., ("Britax") a global manufacturer of car seats, strollers, and other juvenile products. (mintz.com)
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (Commission or CPSC) is committed to fair regulatory enforcement practices, supports the right of the regulated and small business community to raise concerns about regulatory enforcement actions without the fear of retaliation, and will investigate any allegations of retaliation and take appropriate corrective action to ensure it is not repeated. (cpsc.gov)
- The 4th Biennial United States-China Consumer Product Safety Summit between the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine of the People's Republic of China (AQSIQ) was held in Washington, D.C., on October 13-14, 2011. (cpsc.gov)
- Nearly ten years after the first three phthalates were banned from children's toys by Congress, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a final rule on October 27 prohibiting five more. (jdsupra.com)
- On October 27, 2017, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a final rule prohibiting children's toys and child care articles that contain specified phthalates. (jdsupra.com)
- This week, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) voted to expand existing phthalate restrictions in children's toys and child care articles. (jdsupra.com)
- The national consumer product safety regulators of North America - Mexico's Consumer Protection Federal Agency (PROFECO), the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada - view continued cooperation as the essential element for sustained progress in our joint product safety work. (cpsc.gov)
- On November 18 and 19, 2015, PROFECO hosted the Third North America Consumer Product Safety Summit in Mexico City (Mexico), in partnership with the CPSC and Health Canada. (cpsc.gov)
- The 2013 to 2017 CEF set a structured approach through which all three regulators (PROFECO, CPSC and Health Canada) could share expertise and insights while working together to ensure the highest levels of safety for North American consumers. (cpsc.gov)
- The CPSC plans to do just that in an attempt to reduce the flow of dangerous products into the American market, the Associated Press reports. (findlaw.com)
- The CPSC was created to help protect the public from unreasonable risks from consumer products, such as vehicles, cribs, tools and chemicals. (findlaw.com)
- As consumer affairs professionals know, the CPSC regulates the sale and manufacture of more than 15,000 different consumer product lines, from cribs to all-terrain vehicles . (typepad.com)
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) should establish procedures that specify the duties and responsibilities of its staff which monitors the development of safety standards and identify criteria to be used during evaluation of standards recommended by offerors. (gao.gov)
- and continuing to search for ways to obtain additional information on the types of injuries not included in the CPSC product-related injury surveillance system. (gao.gov)
- On August 1, 2011, U.S. Rep. Bono Mack (CA-45) with 7 cosponsors introduced H.R. 2715, a bill to provide the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) with greater authority and discretion in enforcing the consumer product safety laws, and for other purposes. (ala.org)
- CPSC Clarifies Requirements of New Children's Product Safety Laws Taking Effect in February Guidance Intended for Resellers of Children's Products, Thrift and Consignment Stores , press release from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Jan. 8, 2009. (ala.org)
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has used various approaches to inform the public about SaferProducts.gov, including using social media, public service announcements, and printed materials, and promoting the site during speeches and events. (gao.gov)
- While CPSC has employed many key practices for consumer education planning, it has not established metrics for measuring the success of its efforts. (gao.gov)
- While CPSC collects some data on the category of persons, such as consumers or health care professionals, who submit reports (one of the main functions of the site), it does not collect data about who is using the site to search for information (the other main function). (gao.gov)
- Among other things, CPSIA required CPSC to establish a database on the safety of consumer products that is publicly available, searchable, and accessible through the CPSC website. (gao.gov)
- Section 4 of the 1972 act established the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as a permanent independent agency of the United States federal government and defined its basic authority. (wikipedia.org)
- The act gives CPSC the power to develop safety standards and pursue recalls for products that present unreasonable or substantial risks of injury or death to consumers. (wikipedia.org)
- It also allows CPSC to ban a product if there is no feasible alternative to an outright ban. (wikipedia.org)
- CPSC has jurisdiction over more than 15,000 different consumer products. (wikipedia.org)
- Intertek is a U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) accredited third-party lab, providing CPSIA compliance, certification and testing solutions that enable you to meet, maintain and evolve the quality, safety and performance standards of your regulated products. (intertek.com)
- The law-public law 110-314-increases the budget of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), imposes new testing and documentation requirements, and sets new acceptable levels of several substances. (wikipedia.org)
- It also affects any product that is subject to anything the CPSC regulates by requiring certificates of conformance which state that the product was tested to conform to the regulations it is subject to. (wikipedia.org)
- The Falvey Opinion (named for Cheryl Falvey, General Counsel for the CPSC) issued on September 12, 2008 stated that these limits would be retroactively applied to products on retailer's shelves on the dates indicated. (wikipedia.org)
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) began enforcing the new requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) on August 14th of this year. (webwire.com)
- According to a recent announcement from the CPSC, The limit for lead in children s products drops from 600 parts per million (ppm) to 300 ppm. (webwire.com)
- The same CPSC bulletin addresses lead in paint and similar surface coating materials with, The limit for lead in paint and similar surface-coating materials for consumer use drops from 600 ppm to 90 ppm. (webwire.com)
- The CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death in consumer products that can expose consumers to various hazards including lead and phthalates. (webwire.com)
- WZTV ) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners . (abc3340.com)
- In a statement from CPSC acting chairman Ann Marie Buerkle, Buerkle says the agency is investigating "some reported incidents associated" with the product which has taken the country by storm. (abc3340.com)
- PITTSBURGH-December 14, 2009-Printing Industries of America announces its petition to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) requesting an extension of the current stay of enforcement for certain Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) testing and certification requirements for ordinary children's books and other printed materials. (piworld.com)
- Congress passed the CPSIA-which seeks to limit the presence of lead and other toxic chemicals in products intended for children under the age of 12-in 2008, but the CPSC delayed full implementation of the act for one year due to a lack of regulatory and enforcement guidance and resources necessary to fully comply with the Act. (piworld.com)
- Washington-The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said Tuesday that jewelry manufacturers, consumer groups and other affiliated groups should develop standards to govern safe levels of cadmium used in toys and children's jewelry. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- Yonkers, NY-Following Consumer Reports'(CR) tests that found "worrisome levels of heavy metals" in a rhinestone hair barrette, a cell phone charm and a child's vinyl raincoat, Consumer Union urged the Consumer Products Safety Council (CPSC) to develop a regulation for cadmium limits for all children's products. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- WASHINGTON - Public Citizen, Consumer Federation of America and Consumers Union are appealing a federal court decision, released Monday , permanently sealing from public view key facts about a lawsuit filed by an anonymous company against the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). (commondreams.org)
- The decision prevents the public from seeing the company's name and relevant court findings, and it bars the CPSC from posting to its online consumer complaint database the report of consumer injury about which the company sued. (commondreams.org)
- The court blocked the CPSC from publishing a report of harm, but the facts underlying the decision are entirely blacked out," said Rachel Weintraub, director of product safety and senior counsel for Consumer Federation of America. (commondreams.org)
- The CPSC database is modeled after databases on the websites of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, created in 1996 to provide access to consumer complaints about automobiles, and the Food and Drug Administration, also available since 1996, which describes adverse event reports made by hospitals, manufacturers and others about drugs and medical devices. (commondreams.org)
- The CPSC is required by law to post consumer complaints within 20 business days of receiving them. (commondreams.org)
- The CPSC database is a critical tool for informing consumers and consumer advocates about potential safety concerns related to a wide variety of products," explained Ami Gadhia, senior policy counsel for Consumers Union. (commondreams.org)
- In the same memo, existing test results based on "soluble lead" - a measure of whether lead will migrate out of a product - were rejected by the CPSC because they did not measure "total lead content. (ecochildsplay.com)
- Imports from Mexico and Canada accounted for the second and third largest shares, respectively, of imported consumer products likely to be under CPSC jurisdiction. (farmanddairy.com)
- That's why we find the latest efforts to keep our children safe by the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) alarming, as it will actually prevent safe, natural toys from small companies from reaching the US market. (ecochildsplay.com)
- social_buttons]Due to under staffing at the CPSC and the flurry of toy recalls that have occurred, the agency passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) in August, 2008. (ecochildsplay.com)
- CDC/ATSDR participated in a meeting on April 14, 2009, with CPSC, EPA, and other agencies to define appropriate roles for each agency and to define the next steps to drive the health and safety response. (cdc.gov)
- NCCC has formally requested that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) investigate the dangers of the JD2.2 Flat Bench, as well as other Apex-branded personal training products that could pose personal injury risks to users. (wiredprnews.com)
- Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to announce that Cheryl A. Falvey, general counsel of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), will join the firm as a partner in the Torts Group and Product Risk Management practice in Washington, D.C., as of October 1, 2012. (crowell.com)
- As general counsel of the CPSC, Falvey advised the Commission at a critical time in its 40-year history, during the implementation and passage of the landmark Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA), the congressionally mandated creation of the consumer complaint database, and more vigorous enforcement at the ports. (crowell.com)
- I am proud to join such a dynamic group and look forward to applying the insight I have gained while at the CPSC to help clients successfully navigate product safety challenges with rapid response, protect their brand and reputation from unwarranted complaints, build safety into their products with science-based risk assessment, and meet all applicable legal requirements. (crowell.com)
- A study examined the type and extent of consumer education that occurred since the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) amended the 1972 federal safety standards (effective January 1997) to permit marketing of snug-fitting, nonflame-resistant cotton garments as sleepwear. (ed.gov)
- But the CPSC said it would be looking into whether a replacement Note 7 is an acceptable remedy for Samsung or phone carriers to provide to consumers. (idgconnect.com)
- Consumer Reports, a consumer advocacy group, had earlier recommended that CPSC be involved in an official recall program. (idgconnect.com)
- Crowell & Moring LLP is pleased to invite members of the media and industry to attend an interactive discussion and luncheon on the effects of over-regulation on U.S. businesses, featuring remarks from Commissioner Anne M. Northup of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). (crowell.com)
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission ("CPSC" or the "Commission"), an agency established pursuant to the Consumer Product Safety Act of 1972 ("CPSA" or the "Act"), 4 has exercised certain of its investigative, rulemaking, and adjudicatory powers in an effort to isolate the causes of, and to alleviate the hazard associated with, old technology aluminum wiring systems. (openjurist.org)
- Washington, DC - The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) today published a warning to consumers, especially pregnant women and young children, to avoid kids' products, electronics, mattresses, and home furniture that contain certain flame retardant chemicals, known as organohalogens. (saferchemicals.org)
- The CPSC is also calling on manufacturers to eliminate this toxic class of chemicals in these products, and for retailers to obtain assurances from suppliers that products don't contain organohalogens. (saferchemicals.org)
- The warning issued today by the CPSC will help protect consumers from chemicals that pose a serious health threat," said Rachel Weintraub, legislative director and general counsel at Consumer Federation of America and co-counsel on the petition. (saferchemicals.org)
- The CPSC is right to warn consumers, especially those most vulnerable to exposure, to avoid products containing these harmful flame retardants. (saferchemicals.org)
- While consumers wait for the CPSC rulemaking to proceed, states must continue to adopt policies to restrict the use of these chemicals," said Sarah Doll, National Director of Safer States. (saferchemicals.org)
- A new website launched by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) may go a long way toward protecting consumers from dangerous and defective products. (montlick.com)
- The new website is designed to make it easier for consumers to learn about safety risks posed by particular risks of defective products and for the CPSC to learn about adverse reports of harm or injury more quickly. (montlick.com)
- When consumers provide reports of potential harm or injury from a product the CPSC will review the complaint and provide the information to the product manufacturer, which will have ten days to respond. (montlick.com)
- The CPSC began testing the site January 24 and has already received over 1,500 reports from consumers. (montlick.com)
- Washington, DC - The Senate today passed the Consumer Product Safety Commission Act , including two amendments sponsored by U.S. Senator Benjamin L. Cardin (D-MD). This important legislation will expand the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) ability to keeping all Americans safe from toxic and dangerous products. (senate.gov)
- With adequate resources, the CPSC should do a better job providing the American public with the tools and information they need to keep their family from harmful products. (senate.gov)
- Senator Cardin's first amendment requires the CPSC to develop training standards for the safety inspectors and technical personnel. (senate.gov)
- The legislation would strengthen CPSC resources and effectiveness by increasing funding, requiring the hiring of more staff, and streamlining product safety rulemaking procedures. (senate.gov)
- The bill would prevent deadly imports by improving information sharing among all levels of law enforcement agencies, increasing the numbers of CPSC employees at U.S. ports, requiring safety certification of products, and banning the importation of recalled products. (senate.gov)
- The legislation reduces the amount of total lead content in children's product substrates to: The Falvey Opinion (named for Cheryl Falvey, General Counsel for the CPSC) issued on September 12, 2008 stated that these limits would be retroactively applied to products on retailer's shelves on the dates indicated. (jschutte.nl)
- An Update on Formaldehyde: 1997 Revision (CPSC publication #725) The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, with assistance of EPA, developed this brochure to provide information about formaldehyde in indoor air. (epa.gov)
- This safety guide was prepared by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to help you decide whether to take actions that can reduce the level of indoor air pollution in your own home. (cpsc.gov)
- CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- More than One Million Dressers Recalled Because of Tipping and Entrapment Dangers - If you have a young child in your house, it is important to stay up-to-date on furniture recalls and dangerous products. (jdsupra.com)
- This year's Summit focused on customs cooperation, legal frameworks for recalls, international collaboration by nongovernment stakeholders, industry-adopted best practices, the role of voluntary product safety standards, and effective approaches to managing risk. (cpsc.gov)
- By having a proactive preventative posture, we can reduce the number of recalls and keep our consumers safe and also prevent the loss of revenue and damage to a manufacturer's brand,' Commission head Inez Tenenbaum said. (findlaw.com)
- It fulfills its mission by banning dangerous consumer products, establishing safety requirements for other consumer products, issuing recalls of products already on the market, and researching potential hazards associated with consumer products. (typepad.com)
- In the wake of increased product recalls in 2007-2008, Congress passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA). (gao.gov)
- www.saferproducts.gov ) in March 2011, which has two main functions--to provide (1) a mechanism for online reporting of product safety issues and (2) the ability to search for these issues or others, such as recalls. (gao.gov)
- The CPSC's searchable online database, available at www.saferproducts.gov , was launched in March 2011 pursuant to a congressional mandate to provide consumers with information about potentially dangerous products after a spate of product recalls. (commondreams.org)
- Health Canada helps protect the Canadian public from potential health hazards by posting advisories, warnings and recalls from industry concerning consumer products. (canada.ca)
- The Recalls and Safety Alerts Database provides easy access to a comprehensive list of recalls, advisories, and safety alerts. (canada.ca)
- The relationship between product recalls and class actions is well established by case law, with many examples of class actions following product recalls. (mondaq.com)
- Additionally, the CCPSA gives the Government the power to order recalls on products that are found to be unsafe. (canada.ca)
- The Consumer Agenda adopted by the European Commission November 2020 sets a number of important objectives: becoming greener and more safely digital, protecting vulnerable consumers and enhancing the international cooperation. (europa.eu)
- The European Commission is currently revising the Directive to adapt to present challenges and to better ensure that all kinds of products are safe, online or in a traditional brick and mortar shop, and that all consumers are protected. (europa.eu)
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Live Stream - Duration: 8 hours. (youtube.com)
- Commission Meeting: Decisional Matter - Safety Standard for Magnet Sets Final Rule - Duration: 36 minutes. (youtube.com)
- Lobbying U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on safety issues related to paper shredders. (opensecrets.org)
- Yesterday, President Donald Trump nominated Peter Feldman to fill the fifth and final spot as Commissioner of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. (mintz.com)
- Yesterday the U.S. Senate confirmed Dana Baiocco (pronounced "Bee Awe Co") as a Commissioner for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission with a term that runs through October of 2024. (mintz.com)
- The commission voted 3-0 to approve the filing of the complaint, which seeks an order requiring that the firm notify the public of the defect and offer consumers a full refund. (k-state.edu)
- With all of the dangerous products entering the United States from China, what is the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to do? (findlaw.com)
- However, well some might take the move of setting up a consumer product safety commission office in China as a sign of increasing danger, Tenebaum said that was not the case. (findlaw.com)
- Earlier today, in an American Bar Association Antitrust Section webinar chaired by Harvey Saferstein, and with panelists Deborah Goldstein, Center for Responsible Lending, and Daniel D. Sokol, Professor of Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law, Hofstra's Norman I. Silber delivered the remarks that appear below about the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Federal Communications Commission. (typepad.com)
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission issues standards to protect the public from injury associated with consumer products. (gao.gov)
- The Commission has not developed and issued safety standards within the proper time. (gao.gov)
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act site from the Consumer Product Safety Commission. (ala.org)
- The act should not be confused with an earlier Senate Joint Resolution 33 of November 20, 1967, which merely established a temporary National Commission on Product Safety (NCPS), and for only 90-days (at a pittance of $100 per day). (wikipedia.org)
- Standards will also figure in a discussion of international issues, imports, and China as part of a day of meetings with staff and commissioners of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is located in Bethesda. (ansi.org)
- The Chinese National Consumer Product Safety Standardization Technical Commission has recently conducted a public consultation for a proposal to restrict chemicals in consumer products. (sgs.com)
- On March 28, 2017, the Chinese National Consumer Product Safety Standardization Technical Commission published an announcement  to launch a 19-day public consultation for a proposal to restrict 103 chemicals in a wide range of consumer products. (sgs.com)
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) has issued a safety alert for fidget spinners. (abc3340.com)
- Washington-The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued Tuesday its sixth voluntary recall of imported children jewelry that were tested positive for high levels of cadmium. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- This section specifies that a component part is not accessible if it is not physically exposed by reason of a sealed covering or casing and does not become physically exposed through reasonably foreseeable use and abuse of the product including swallowing, mouthing, breaking, or other children's activities, and the aging of the product, as determined by the Commission . (cornell.edu)
- JPMA Partners with Consumer Products Safety Commission in Anchor It! (jpma.org)
- Washington, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. (clarksvilleonline.com)
- Samsung Electronics' woes mounted Friday with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission urging consumers to power down and stop charging or using their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones, after reports of the overheating and bursting of the lithium-ion battery in the device in some cases. (idgconnect.com)
- This is a timely event that will provide in-house counsel, executive leaders, and compliance officers, with a valuable insider's perspective of the issues facing the Consumer Product Safety Commission. (crowell.com)
- That section authorizes the Commission, upon discovery that a consumer product "presents imminent and unreasonable risk of death, serious personal illness, or severe personal injury," to seek a declaratory judgment that the product is "an imminently hazardous consumer product," and to obtain such affirmative relief "as may be necessary to protect the public. (openjurist.org)
- The bipartisan Consumer Product Safety Commission Act was introduced by Senators Mark Pryor (D-AR) and Ted Stevens (R-AK). (senate.gov)
- Not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, the Commission shall publish notice of the requirements for accreditation of third party conformity assessment bodies to assess conformity with the requirements of section 101(a)(2) of such Act with respect to children's metal jewelry. (jschutte.nl)
- This brochure was prepared by the American Lung Association and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. (epa.gov)
- Healthy Indoor Painting Practices This brochure by EPA and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission discusses safety practices for residents, property managers and painters. (epa.gov)
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission provides information about risks of injuries and deaths associated with consumer products. (intermountainhealthcare.org)
- Unsafe Products - Email a report of an injury, or file a complaint about a product to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. (usa.gov)
- Consumer Fraud - Email your complaints to the Federal Trade Commission. (usa.gov)
- Below and attached is EWG's testimony to the Consumer Product Safety Commission in support of a petition to ban hazardous flame retardants in four categories of consumer products: children's products, mattresses, furniture and the casings surrounding electronic products. (ewg.org)
- EWG submitted comments supporting the organohalogen product ban in 2016 and now joins the petitioners, Consumer Federation of America and Earthjustice, in disputing the recommendation by Consumer Product Safety Commission staff to deny the petition, as detailed below. (ewg.org)
- On March 30, 2017, Crowell & Moring's Advertising & Product Risk Management Group hosted a webinar in which we discussed likely changes on the horizon at the Food & Drug Administration, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- The aim of the Summit was to take stock of our progress under the North America Cooperative Engagement Framework (CEF) for 2013 to 2017, develop a path forward for additional collaboration, and encourage stakeholders in the region to work together toward a stronger culture of consumer product safety. (cpsc.gov)
- Claire's, which sells jewelry, makeup and other items targeted at young girls and children, announced in 2017 it was recalling a number of its makeup products after they tested positive for asbestos. (ewg.org)
- On November 29, 2017, the Alberta government introduced Bill 31: A Better Deal for Consumers and Businesses Act (Bill 31), which proposes a number of amendments to the Fair Trading Act (Act). (mondaq.com)
- Major amendments to the Qu bec Consumer Protection Act ("CPA") were adopted on November 15, 2017 by the Qu bec Legislature. (mondaq.com)
- 2017 continues to be the year of the Food Safety Modernization Act, as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, having completed its roll-out of the major rules implementing this land-mark food safety legislation, moves in earnest with inspections to check on compliance. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- The national interim ban comes to an end on 14 July 2017, and will be replaced by a safety standard from 15 July 2017. (sa.gov.au)
- Among other things, the 2008 Safety Improvement Act upped the agency's penalties for failing to comply with recall rules and for permitting unsafe products to enter the market rose to an aggregate limit of $15 million, with adjustments for inflation. (typepad.com)
- The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) was signed into law (P.L. 110-314) on August 14, 2008 by President George W. Bush. (ala.org)
- http://delicious.com/alalibrary/CPSIA - Compilation of bookmarks at the ALA Library's Delicious.com account with information on the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) and its possible impact on libraries. (ala.org)
- On 2008-08-14, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 became effective. (wikipedia.org)
- The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 is a United States law signed on August 14, 2008 by President George W. Bush. (wikipedia.org)
- Exemptions from lead limits under section 101 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act for certain electronic devices. (cornell.edu)
- a) The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) provides for specific lead limits in children's products. (cornell.edu)
- From gently used clothing to handmade toys, we've raised our concerns about how the new Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) will negatively affect green families and businesses. (ecochildsplay.com)
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) Compliance Certification Under the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, some of the products distributed by Henkel Corporation in the United States may require a Certificate of Compliance. (jschutte.nl)
- An Act Nov. 16, 1990 [S. 605] Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 1990. (jschutte.nl)
- In August 2008, an overwhelmingly bipartisan Congress passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), which was then signed into law by the president. (jschutte.nl)
- Passed in 2008, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), imposes new testing and documentation requirements, and sets new acceptable levels of several substances, namely lead and the phthalates DEHP, DBP, and BBP. (jschutte.nl)
- Title: Regulation of Lead and Cadmium in Selected Consumer Products Response to proposed amendments to the Children's Jewellery Regulationsand to the proposed Consumer Products Containing Lead Regulationspublished in Canada Gazette, Part 1, on December 3, 2016. (cela.ca)
- The CPSIA also requires domestic manufacturers or importers of non-children's products to issue a General Certificate of Conformity (GCC) . (cpsc.gov)
- Finally, the CPSIA lists special requirements in Section 104 for certain durable infant and toddler products , including cribs. (cpsc.gov)
- In addition to the CPSIA testing solutions stated above, Intertek also offers a full suite of services for each and every chemical found in your product including toxicity assessments , chemical certification and quality assurance solutions. (intertek.com)
- Section 101(a) of the CPSIA provides that by February 10, 2009, products designed or intended primarily for children 12 and younger may not contain more than 600 ppm of lead. (cornell.edu)
- Section 101(b)(2) of the CPSIA further provides that the lead limits do not apply to component parts of a product that are not accessible to a child. (cornell.edu)
- Taking effect on February 10, 2009, the CPSIA will require all products for children under 12 be tested for lead, including books. (ecochildsplay.com)
- Technically, the CPSIA makes it illegal to "sell, offer for sale, distribute in commerce, or import" any children's product above the new lead and phthalate levels. (ecochildsplay.com)
- And even the handful of larger toy makers who still employ workers in the United States face increased costs to comply with the CPSIA, even though American-made toys had nothing to do with the toy safety problems of 2007. (ecochildsplay.com)
- Products presented to the S-E-A team are exhaustively examined by design and product performance with the most advanced instruments, to determine the presence or absence of claimed defects and/or to identify potential safety risks. (sealimited.com)
- Regarding the quality and safety of tap water, as noted in the 2013 Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF) report, ' Microbial Health Risks of Regulated Drinking Waters in the United States ,' researchers estimate that more than 500 boil alerts occurred in the United States in 2010. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- The Act established an agency which provides a safety standard to evade any risks associated with the consumer products. (jschutte.nl)
- A federal district court in Wisconsin recently hit Spectrum Brands Inc. (Spectrum) with civil penalties of $1.9 million for violations of the Consumer Products Safety Act (CPSA). (jdsupra.com)
- The Consumer Safety Act (CPSA) was enacted on October 27th, 1972 by the United States Congress. (wikipedia.org)
- While certain hazardous substances are already restricted/prohibited within the Children's Safe Products Act (CPSA), this legislation will expand the scope of products covered and may add additional hazardous substances to the regulated list of substances. (sgs.com)
- Some products and product types, such as food or beverages, drugs and tobacco, which may be covered under other regulatory bodies, are excluded from this regulation. (sgs.com)
- She shares our vision of cradle-to-courtroom client service in the product regulation and mass tort arenas. (crowell.com)
- Provided below are the facts about the safety and regulation of bottled water. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- The draft standard contains a list of international and Chinese standards related to hazardous chemicals, such as Oeko-Tex and EU Reach Regulation , as well as 103 chemical restrictions for consumer products. (complianceandrisks.com)
- Other consumers were not clear about the site's purpose, thinking it would focus on safe rather than unsafe products. (gao.gov)
- Too often, public recall notices do not provide enough information about unsafe products to be any help to the consumer. (senate.gov)
- Ending sales of cigarettes, widely acknowledged to be the most deadly consumer product on the market, would advance public health by treating them like many other (unsafe) products. (bmj.com)
- This report examines (1) CPSC's efforts to inform the public about SaferProducts.gov, (2) who is using the website and to what extent, and (3) the extent to which consumers have found the website to be useful. (gao.gov)
- The petition acknowledged CPSC's efforts to achieve a workable solution that balances product safety with industry requirements, but noted that the practical result of exempting only some of the components used in the printing manufacturing process will not provide the needed relief from costly and burdensome testing requirements. (piworld.com)
- the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC's) leadership of the federal response to concerns regarding Chinese manufactured drywall. (cdc.gov)
- We applaud the CPSC's action today to warn consumers about these harmful chemicals while the agency moves forward with a ban," said Eve Gartner, Earthjustice co-counsel. (saferchemicals.org)
- Big retailers like Best Buy and Costco should heed the CPSC's guidance and require suppliers to stop adding toxic flame retardants to electronics, children's and infant products and others as soon as possible. (saferchemicals.org)
- Retailers can play an important role in following the CPSC's guidance by ensuring the products they sell are free of these unnecessary dangerous chemicals. (saferchemicals.org)
- CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- As of March 11, 2011, that will be the new reality with the Consumer Product Safety Commission's incident database. (swlaw.com)
- During her tenure, the Commission's regulatory and enforcement activities focused particularly on toxic substances in children's products, performance standards for durable infant products, testing and certification requirements for regulated products, and emissions from Chinese drywall. (crowell.com)
- improving the recall of dangerous products in the hands of consumers. (europa.eu)
- A number of consumer affairs professionals believe that the recall approach is a poor substitute for pre-market clearance and better inspection. (typepad.com)
- The agency, which is charged with protecting the public from risk of injury or death linked with consumer products under its jurisdiction, is working with Samsung to formally announce an official recall of the device. (idgconnect.com)
- On Friday, Consumer Reports welcomed the progress on an official recall, saying that besides making it illegal to sell the phone, it would lead to government oversight of the replacement program and provide clear guidance to consumers. (idgconnect.com)
- Some long-time bottled water critics are taking advantage of the recent voluntary product recall by one bottled water company in Pennsylvania by attempting to scare and confuse consumers. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- This process will begin by June 1, 2020, when the first list of priority products which are a significant source of priority chemicals will be identified. (sgs.com)
- The University of Nevada, Reno was issued three citations by the State of Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration on Jan. 3, 2020. (unr.edu)
Modernize and strengthen2
- It establishes legislative and regulatory requirements intended to modernize and strengthen Canada's safety system for consumer products. (mondaq.com)
- The objective of the new legislation is to modernize and strengthen product safety laws by overhauling existing rules to further protect the health and safety of Canadians. (canada.ca)
- Although one of the central pieces of legislation ensuring that all non-food products sold to consumers in the EU market are safe, the GPSD has become outdated and needs to be revised to keep ensuring the safety net for European consumers. (europa.eu)
- Development of legislation related to health and safety standards for prescription drugs, market exclusivity for patents, and protection of intellectual property. (opensecrets.org)
- The legislation reduces the amount of total lead content in children's product substrates to: 600 ppm by February 10, 2009. (wikipedia.org)
- The legislation requires that every manufacturer of a product subject to a consumer product safety rule will provide a "General Conformity Certificate" (GCC) to certify, based on unit testing or a reasonable testing program, that the product complies with all safety rules. (wikipedia.org)
- The law amends the current pollution and safe children's product legislation and is an addition to the Public Health and Safety Revised Code of Washington (RCW Title 70). (sgs.com)
- New and expanded product safety legislation in Canada, superimposed on a backdrop of jurisdictions willing to certify mass tort and personal injury claims, has created an environment ripe for increasing class action activity across the U.S./Canada border. (mondaq.com)
- ANEC is the European consumer voice in standardisation, defending the collective consumer interests in the processes of technical standardisation, conformity assessment, accreditation and market surveillance as well as related legislation and public policies. (anec.eu)
- Two important pieces of legislation to protect women's health have been introduced in Congress: The Safe Chemicals Act and the Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act . (ecowatch.com)
- I probably don't need to tell you that laws like this will only pass if you raise your voice and tell your congressional reps to support legislation to reduce the use of toxic chemicals in products. (ecowatch.com)
- The formal statement of "Guidance for Retailers and Resellers of Children's Products, including Thrift Stores, Consignment Shops and Charities" includes a table showing that children's books printed after 1985, when lead was removed from printing inks. (ala.org)
- Retailers and distributors of consumer products become liable for product labelling and instructions. (nhppa.org)
- New York and Fairfield, NJ-The latest regulatory developments for the apparel and accessories industries will be discussed on Wednesday, March 28, in "The Final Pieces Are in Place for U.S. Safety Regulations," a live seminar for brand manufacturers and retailers that will be held in New York. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- Manufacturers and retailers reported a primary reason they had not been more aggressive in offering consumer information was the uncertain future of the standards. (ed.gov)
- We've been called on to perform testing in cases where there has allegedly been injury or damage from products and now, our nearly 50 years of experience has resulted in our status as a leader in pre-market testing of everyday products to identify and mitigate risk for retailers and their customers, and to assist manufacturers in making products that perform to their lofty standards. (sealimited.com)
- Our mechanical, electrical and materials engineers, among others, test everything from pressure cookers to gym equipment, allowing retailers to offer the kind of user safety that American consumers take for granted. (sealimited.com)
- Crowell & Moring is a full-service, international law firm that represents a broad spectrum of clients in the retail and consumer product industries, including wholesale and specialty retailers, department stores, and big-box retailers, apparel, cosmetics, food and beverage, consumer electronics and other consumer products companies, as well as investors in these sectors. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- Retailers and suppliers can go to the ACCC's product safety website to get further information on the new safety standard. (sa.gov.au)
- Cheri is highly regarded among general counsel of some of the world's leading consumer products companies and has earned a well-deserved reputation for fair-mindedness and sound judgment at a time when industry faces significant and ever-changing legal challenges in the product safety arena," added Bridget E. Calhoun, co-chair of Crowell & Moring's Product Risk Management practice. (crowell.com)
- Crowell & Moring partner Bridget E. Calhoun, co-chair of the firm's Product Risk Management practice, said, "In this increasingly regulated and litigious environment, it is as important as ever for manufacturers and suppliers to understand how best to work with federal agencies when dealing with consumer product safety matters. (crowell.com)
Chemicals in consumer products1
- Similarly, very little safety testing is done of chemicals used in consumer goods-so we end up with BPA in canned food linings and chlorinated tris in mattresses and furniture, to name a few (I could fill up 100 blogs with examples of nasty chemicals in consumer products, but I'll spare you). (ecowatch.com)
- Last Friday, ten consumer and privacy advocacy groups, including the Electronic Privacy Information Center, Center for Digital Democracy, and Consumer Watchdog, sent a letter to Acting Chairman Ann Marie Buerkle, requesting. (jdsupra.com)
- Through research, advocacy and unique education tools, EWG drives consumer choice and civic action. (ewg.org)
- Together with its nationwide affiliate network, Printing Industries delivers products and services that enhance the growth, efficiency, and profitability of its members and the graphic communications industry through advocacy, education, research, and technical information. (piworld.com)
- Public Citizen is a national, nonprofit consumer advocacy organization founded in 1971 to represent consumer interests in Congress, the executive branch and the courts. (commondreams.org)
- Founded in 1968, the North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC) is a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization promoting consumer education, consumer awareness and consumer protection in North Carolina and beyond. (wiredprnews.com)
- The National Consumers League is a private, nonprofit advocacy group representing consumers on marketplace and workplace issues. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- CDC's National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is also providing industrial hygiene expertise to the coordinated federal response. (cdc.gov)
- WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration issued a rare alert today , urging consumers to stop using certain cosmetics products from the national retailer Claire's, after the agency found the deadly carcinogen asbestos in at least three different talc-based products. (ewg.org)
- It is troubling to think just how many people of all ages have been using talc-based cosmetics products potentially contaminated with asbestos, one of the deadliest substances in existence," said EWG Scott Faber, EWG's senior vice president for government affairs. (ewg.org)
- While consumers should be both alarmed and outraged, it's hardly a surprise, considering the federal law regulating the cosmetics industry has not been updated since 1938. (ewg.org)
- I urge consumers to heed the FDA's alert and avoid these products, and I hope members of Congress finally recognize the current system that has allowed the cosmetics industry to operate beyond the reach of FDA's authority must end," added Faber. (ewg.org)
- in consumer products, it is used as a preservative in cosmetics, in room deodorants, disinfectants and fumigants, and numerous medicinal applications such as athlete's foot treatment, mouthwash, spermatocide cream, skin disinfectants, and cough drops. (ehso.com)
- Both bills will reduce women's exposure to toxic chemicals by requiring chemicals to be tested for safety before they are allowed in consumer products like cosmetics and furniture. (ecowatch.com)
- The Safe Chemicals Act and the Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act will help to ensure all products have less toxic chemicals in them. (ecowatch.com)
- The global optical brighteners market is expected to reach USD 1.11 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for optical brighteners from various industries including paper, personal laundry, textiles and cosmetics to improve illumination of the finished product is expected to be a principal factor in stimulating growth over the forecast period. (radiantinsights.com)
- Under the directive a product is safe if it meets all statutory safety requirements under European or national law. (europa.eu)
- U.S. Safety Requirements for Durable Infant or Toddler Products - Duration: 42 minutes. (youtube.com)
- The guidance will also assist manufacturers, transport companies and suppliers to comply with regulatory requirements during the life cycle of consumer products, including recycling and disposal at the end of their useful life. (iaea.org)
- Consistent with each jurisdiction's legal requirements, the three North American regulators have increased the flow of information shared with one another on consumer product safety issues and approaches, particularly in the area of import surveillance. (cpsc.gov)
- The bath seats fail to meet federal safety standards, including the requirements for stability. (k-state.edu)
- These regulations are numerous and include such laws as the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA), safety standards for such products as bicycle helmets and cigarette lighters, a ban on lead in paint, and a rule concerning size requirements for toys that could be choking hazards for young children. (wikipedia.org)
- ISO 10377:2013 provides practical guidance to suppliers on assessing and managing the safety of consumer products, including effective documentation of risk assessment and risk management to meet applicable requirements. (sis.se)
- REACH/SVHC, textiles or hard-goods, or toy regulations and many more consumer product related requirements like packaging materials or battery requirements. (sgs.com)
- Whether you are in need of chemical testing, or services in the fields of inspection, certification, compliance assurance, outsourcing, training or auditing SGS provides services to help your products to be fit for the market requirements of the future - whatever the legal frameworks might be. (sgs.com)
- East Greenbosh, NY-A new test method for measuring lead in components used in products such as apparel and accessories could offer a lower cost alternative to traditional lead testing for companies seeking to comply with ever more stringent product safety requirements. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- The CCPSA regime, by contrast, does not require authorization but imposes specific requirements and prohibitions on regulated consumer products. (canada.ca)
- It established legislative and regulatory requirements to help protect the public by addressing dangers posed by unsafe consumer products. (canada.ca)
- They set out the supplier label and material safety data sheet requirements for the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) in Canada. (canada.ca)
- Labeling requirements that provide better information to consumers about their food by requiring nutrition information for single-ingredient raw meat and poultry products and ground or chopped products. (sfntoday.com)
- Further, bottled water is one of the few food products that FDA also subjects to extra two sets of requirements in addition to the general food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) -- one prescribing bottled water Good Manufacturing Practices, and the other imposing specific bottled water standards of identity and quality. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- Medical electrical equipment - Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential perform. (standards.govt.nz)
- This Safety Guide provides recommendations on meeting the requirements established in the IAEA International Basic Safety Standards, for protection of the public against exposure indoors due to natural sources of radiation. (iaea.org)
- The safety standard gives device suppliers three months to transition from the national interim ban to the new requirements in the safety standard. (sa.gov.au)
- As a result of the SNUR, except for the uses exempted in the SNUR, persons who import consumer products containing TCE must also comply with TSCA's certification requirements, which mandate that importers certify that the chemical substance complies with TSCA - including the new TCE SNUR requirements. (lexology.com)
IAEA Safety Standards2
- In the IAEA safety standards, a 'consumer product' is defined as a device or manufactured item into which radionuclides have deliberately been incorporated or produced by activation, or which generates ionizing radiation, and which can be sold or made available to members of the public without special surveillance or regulatory control after sale. (iaea.org)
- INTERNATIONAL ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY, WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, Protection of the Public against Exposure Indoors due to Radon and Other Natural Sources of Radiation, IAEA Safety Standards Series No. SSG-32, IAEA, Vienna (2015). (iaea.org)
- Now imagine anyone being able to sit at a computer and search a public, government-sponsored database for reports or complaints about each of those products. (swlaw.com)
- In fact, after a lengthy search I finally found the manufacturer of the product, Impex Inc., based in Pamona, California, and reached out to ask their opinion on the matter. (wiredprnews.com)
- Rules on ensuring non-food product safety in the EU, search for dangerous products. (europa.eu)
Canada Consumer Pro3
- The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act came into force on June 20, 2011. (mondaq.com)
- The New Canada Consumer Product Safety Act: A Catalyst For Cross-Border Mass Tort Litigation? (mondaq.com)
- The purpose of this document is to inform stakeholders and the Canadian public of the regulatory activities that were taken to ensure that all existing prohibitions and regulations related to consumer products, previously under the Hazardous Products Act (HPA), continued under the new Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA). (canada.ca)
- This Safety Guide outlines the regulatory approach to authorizing the manufacture and supply of such products to the public, including justification, safety assessment and application of the criteria for exemption. (iaea.org)
- In 2015, concrete steps were taken to enhance consultations and alignment among North American regulators on product hazards before regulatory and standards development activities. (cpsc.gov)
- The WSDE will have until June 1, 2022 to determine the regulatory actions to be taken on these priority products and accept rules to implement regulatory actions by June 1, 2023. (sgs.com)
- Cheri will bolster our regulatory and litigation preeminence in the consumer products safety arena, as she is known for not only her litigation skills in the courtroom but also her mastery of medical and scientific issues. (crowell.com)
- without these amendments, the direct transfer of certain consumer product regulations would have resulted in regulatory gaps. (canada.ca)
- In view of the situation, NITE has established the 'Study Group for Colored Contact Lenses for non-vision-correction purposes' to conduct surveys on the current status of these lenses including the distribution system, safety evaluation, quality of the lenses, damage caused by the lenses and overseas regulatory measures. (go.jp)
- The results of EWG study were based on the faulty premise that if any substance is present in a bottled water product - even if it doesn't exceed the established regulatory limit or no standard has been set - then it is a health concern. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- The Safety Guide provides recommendations and guidance to be followed by the regulatory body and by other authorities and organizations with responsibilities in relation to exposure to radiation from natural sources. (iaea.org)
- The Food Safety Modernization Act, which was signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011, promised sweeping reform of food safety practices from farm to fork, and shifted FDA's regulatory posture from reacting to food contamination to proactively preventing it. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- Our clients call upon us, time and again, to help them navigate the complex legal and regulatory regimes, both domestically and internationally, applicable to the design and promotion of products and services, and to assist them in taking innovative and proactive measures to protect their business from the array of challenges before them. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- These issues became even more urgent following the COVID-19 outbreak, when more consumers became vulnerable, not only because of health and financial difficulties, but also because purchasing online became even more common and therefore also the exposure to scams or illegally sold products. (europa.eu)
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has announced its intention to sponsor the 13th annual meeting and training symposium of the International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization (ICPHSO) to be held May 9-12, 2006, in Bethesda, Maryland. (ansi.org)
- The ICPHSO event draws health and safety professionals from around the world for an exchange of information and experience on product safety issues. (ansi.org)
- Through our participation and sponsorship, we hope to advance understanding of the role of standards in protecting consumer health and safety, and to foster consumer participation in standards development. (ansi.org)
- Whether your business is local or global, we can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. (intertek.com)
- Prepared by Shawn Buckley, president of the Natural Health Products Protection Association on June 15, 2010. (nhppa.org)
- Although not applicable to natural health products, the Bill still poses a threat. (nhppa.org)
- make immediate orders banning or restricting any consumer product if there is a significant risk to health or safety. (nhppa.org)
- By EHSO.com, the site for free, objective, practical information about the environment, health and safety in 2021! (ehso.com)
- Health Canada does not endorse products or companies. (canada.ca)
- Products containing organohalogen flame retardants are a source of health risk to our families," said Erika Schreder, primary author of the study and Science Director for Toxic-Free Future. (saferchemicals.org)
- The FDA has notified healthcare professionals and patients of medication mix-ups of opiate products manufactured and packaged for Endo by Novartis Consumer Health . (empr.com)
- Furthermore, protection of the health and safety of Canadians was maintained throughout the transfer process. (canada.ca)
- The CCPSA has enhanced the federal government's ability to take action when consumer products pose, or are likely to pose, a danger to human health or safety. (canada.ca)
- This Institute will revolutionize the way we design products and serve as a benchmark for those who aspire to set new standards of environmental and human health and safety for all products sold in California. (opportunitygreen.com)
- As a woman, I have enough to worry about without fretting that the products I'm buying and using in my home may harm my health. (ecowatch.com)
- Today's announcements are the latest significant public health measures FSIS has put in place during President Barack Obama's Administration to safeguard the food supply, prevent foodborne illness, and improve consumers' knowledge about the food they eat. (sfntoday.com)
- Public Health Information System, a modernized, comprehensive database with information on public health trends and food safety violations at the nearly 6,100 plants FSIS regulates. (sfntoday.com)
- By federal law, the FDA regulations governing the safety and quality of bottled water must be at least as protective of the public health as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards for tap water. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- The brochure tells consumers where they may come in contact with formaldehyde, how it may affect their health and how their exposure to formaldehyde might be reduced. (epa.gov)
- According to Michael Moss, the Pulitzer prizing-winning reporter and author of the new book Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us , executives at the major food behemoths - Kraft ( KRFT ), General Mills ( GIS ) and Nestle - have known for years that the sugar, salt and fat added to their cereals, soups, tomato sauces and hundreds of other food products have put millions of individuals' health at risk. (yahoo.com)
- To continue permitting widespread sales of the single most deadly consumer product in history is a public health failure that must be addressed. (bmj.com)
- Includes news, chat forums, health quizzes and consumer product updates. (curlie.org)
- This non-profit organization strives to make Utah a safer place for children by sharing evidence-based programs such as car-seat checkups, safety workshops and sports clinics, which help parents and caregivers prevent childhood injuries. (intermountainhealthcare.org)
- We are the nation's oldest consumer organization. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- In the event of an environmental emergency imminently threatening the safety of human life or where necessary to protect certain property, the EPA website will be updated with appropriate information. (epa.gov)
- EMSL Analytical is a leading, national provider of environmental and materials testing services and products to professionals and the general public. (webwire.com)
- While in private practice, Falvey had a primary focus on the defense of consumer class action, toxic tort, mass tort, and other tort claims arising out of consumer, occupational and environmental exposures, as well as trade secret, intellectual property, and other technology litigation related to consumer products. (crowell.com)
- Before complaints are posted, the product manufacturers are notified and given a chance to respond. (commondreams.org)
- NCCC has received a number of complaints from consumers who allege that the legs of the Apex JD2.2 Flat Bench give out, breaking at a leg weld suddenly and without warning during use causing the bench to collapse underneath them. (wiredprnews.com)
- Oliver says that a check of online storefronts for the company's other products, which appear to be made in China, has revealed strings of other complaints, as well. (wiredprnews.com)
- Other questions asked regarded the security of internet transactions including the respondents knowledge of consumer rights, internet security, protection laws concerning internet purchases, who they contacted if help was needed, and their past experience with complaints on internet transactions. (umich.edu)
- The site will allow consumers to report complaints regarding injuries or potential harm and permit consumers considering purchasing a product to research products they are considering purchasing. (montlick.com)
- Consumer Complaints - Learn where to report your consumer complaint and find contact information to file. (usa.gov)
- Consumer Complaints - File International Complaints - File an official report online to complain about an international e-commerce transaction. (usa.gov)
- Foodborne Illness and Food Product Complaints - Call to file a complaint. (usa.gov)
- Report Animal Drug Reactions or Animal Feed/Pet Food Complaints - FDA encourages veterinarians and animal owners to report adverse drug reactions and medical product failures. (usa.gov)
- Practical and policy information for consumers relating to energy supply, bills, contracts and complaints. (europa.eu)
- During a visit scheduled to last from July 21 to July 27, Kuneva will stress the importance of product safety, and discuss enforcement, rapid alert systems and effective market surveillance. (law360.com)
Potential hazards associated1
- The Interactive Exercise in "Writing" a Consumer Product Safety Standard will challenge participants to identify the potential hazards associated with a consumer product and to work out in small groups how those hazards can be addressed in a safety standard. (ansi.org)
- ANSI shares ICPHSO's commitment to protect consumers by enhancing the safety of products manufactured and sold in the global marketplace," commented James McCabe, ANSI director of consumer relations and public policy. (ansi.org)
- These treated products often claim to protect the public against harmful microorganisms. (epa.gov)
- Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine), and Reps. Frank Pallone (D-N.J) and Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.) - will, among other things, give FDA new power to ensure products are safe and free from dangerous substances like asbestos before putting them on the market, and would give the FDA the tools it needs to protect the public. (ewg.org)
- Adjudicating this first-ever challenge to the consumer product safety database in secret, based on secret evidence, and with a secret plaintiff, is at odds with the First Amendment and our tradition of open judicial proceedings," said Scott Michelman, the Public Citizen attorney representing the three organizations. (commondreams.org)
- The public has a strong interest in the outcome of this lawsuit and a correspondingly strong right to learn who is involved and the factual basis for the court's decision to exempt a product report from the database. (commondreams.org)
- The opinion released Monday was authored by Judge Alexander Williams, Jr., of federal district court in Greenbelt, Md. The consumer groups' appeal, entitled Company Doe v. Public Citizen, will be heard by the Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. (commondreams.org)
- This round of Eurobarometer surveys diverged from the standard trends questions, instead focusing on public opinion in the following major areas: consumer rights, personal data protection, education through sport, product safety, e-commerce, persons with disabilities, and national currency. (umich.edu)
- All bottled water products - whether from groundwater or public water sources - are produced utilizing a multi-barrier approach. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- That's why for nearly 80 years, Consumer Reports has empowered consumers with the knowledge they need to make better and more informed choices-and has battled in the public and private sectors for safer products and fair market practices. (lawyersandsettlements.com)
- b) " Advertising " means the business of conceptualizing, presenting or making available to the public, through any form of mass media, fact, data or information about the attributes, features, quality or availability of consumer products, services or credit. (wikisource.org)
- As a core part of our mission, EWG works to inform the public about potential hazards posed by harmful chemicals in food, drinking water and consumer products. (ewg.org)
- Improving industry's practices regarding prompt notification of each relevant North American regulator, not just one of them, in cases when a company reports a hazard associated with a product distributed in two or more North American countries. (cpsc.gov)
- Three voluntary point-of-sale (POS) practices recognized as important for informing consumers about the new standard were investigated: removable information labels, signs or educational brochures on children's sleepwear safety standards, and display of children's sleepwear separately from other types of children's apparel. (ed.gov)
- EPA's Work Plan Chemical Risk Assessment for TCE identified degreasers found in some household cleaning products and arts and crafts aerosol sprays as consumer products that contain TCE. (lexology.com)
- These categories include children's products, mattresses, upholstered furniture and electronics casings. (ewg.org)
- The overarching task for the nation is to consider thoughtfully how consumer freedom can be respected while also taking into account the unique properties of tobacco and tobacco products. (nap.edu)
- thus, no one now alive has experienced a time when commercial tobacco products were not ubiquitously sold (except perhaps recently in Bhutan, which banned tobacco sales and production). (bmj.com)
- Mr McCormack noted that some suppliers of safe devices are intending to develop a voluntary standard with Standards Australia which will provide additional protections for consumers, a move that is welcomed and strongly supported. (sa.gov.au)
- As has been widely reported, in May 2018, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that Prop 65 warning labels are required to be placed on "ready-to-drink" coffee products. (mintz.com)
- Fresh off a victory in the CA primary, California Attorney General Xavier Bacerra filed suit on June 7, 2018 against Nutraceutical Corporation of Park City, Utah and Graceleigh, Inc. dba Sammy's Milk of Newport Beach, CA, alleging violations of California's Proposition 65 and California's consumer protection laws. (mintz.com)
- The intent of this Act is to not only focus on toxic or hazardous substances being used in consumer products, but also waste and pollution of the state's waterways and nearby ocean. (sgs.com)
- Parents should be able to buy products for their kids without worrying they contain toxic flame retardants. (saferchemicals.org)
- What's more, often times it's hard to know if toxic chemicals are even in the product in the first place, since many products don't carry an ingredient label. (ecowatch.com)
- To top it off, safe, non-toxic products often cost considerably more. (ecowatch.com)
- H.R.4129, Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA)" Title: To protect consumers by requiring reasonable security policies and procedures to protect computerized data containing personal information, and to provide for nationwide notice in the event of a security breach. (opensecrets.org)
- An agency of the U.S. federal government that seeks to protect consumers from injury resulting from the use of goods. (thefreedictionary.com)
- WASHINGTON, December 5, 2012 - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) today announced new steps to protect consumers by improving the food safety plans required for companies that produce poultry products. (sfntoday.com)
- Included in the regulations are new lower lead content limits in children s products. (webwire.com)
- The lead paint limits also apply to toys and other articles intended for children as well as certain furniture products. (webwire.com)
- Products subject to these limits cannot be sold, offered for sale, imported or manufactured after August 14 unless they meet the new lower lead limits. (webwire.com)
- Article 4.2 of GB/T 22727.1-2008  'Limits and methods of measurement of certain hazardous substances in telecommunication product. (sgs.com)
- Oakland, CA-Target and Walmart removed children's products including foam bead jewelry from their stores after independent tests showed they contained more lead than legal limits. (accessoriesmagazine.com)
- e) Components of electronic devices that are removable or replaceable, such as battery packs and light bulbs that are inaccessible when the product is assembled in functional form or are otherwise granted an exemption, are not subject to the lead limits in paragraph (a) of this section. (cornell.edu)
- Sure they don't need the certificates, but if they sell a product that exceeds the limits then they are fined. (ecochildsplay.com)
- ISO 10377:2013 is intended to apply to consumer products, but might also be applicable to decisions concerning safety in other product sectors. (sis.se)
- Consumer complaint resolution information, including the ODR platform, the ECC Network and European small claims procedure. (europa.eu)
- The new website called SaferProducts.gov was created pursuant to a mandate by Congress as part of the Consumer Product Safety Act. (montlick.com)
- It is essential that Congress and every parent and grandparent be confident that the products they bring into their home are safe," said Senator Cardin . (senate.gov)
- and (2) promulgate consumer pro… Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. (jschutte.nl)
- Restrictions on PBDEs have also led to greater use of chlorinated Tris as a replacement flame retardant in consumer products. (ewg.org)
Certain hazardous substances1
- The law will identify and place limitations, restrictions or ban certain hazardous substances in consumer products and packaging sold for residential or commercial use. (sgs.com)
- The Georgia products liability attorneys of Montlick and Associates will fully investigate your injury and identify any and all responsible parties so that we can help you hold them accountable. (montlick.com)
- In addition to policy discussions, the Summit agenda included discussions of product-specific safety issues in particular areas such as children's products, all-terrain vehicles (ATV's), cigarette lighters, fireworks, heavy metals in paint and component parts, clothing, and toys. (cpsc.gov)
- Within the scope of these JPTs, jurisdictions have worked together on inter-laboratory testing methods using the x-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer, joint exercises with customs, collaboration on consumer product safety issues, and joint outreach campaigns and events. (cpsc.gov)
- McCabe will moderate a workshop on issues to be considered when developing a consumer product safety standard. (ansi.org)
- OECD work on consumer product safety is aimed at strengthening information sharing on safety issues across borders. (oecd.org)
- Information provided in this safety guide is based on current scientific and technical understanding of the issues presented and is reflective of the jurisdictional boundaries established by the statutes governing the co-authoring agencies. (cpsc.gov)
- Specifically, the panel focused on where, and how, the Trump Administration might affect current agency priorities including topical discussions of emerging products such as autonomous cars, and emerging issues including lithium ion batteries, as well as hacking concerns on interconnected products. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- The importance of cooperation was initially highlighted at the first North America Consumer Product Safety Summit, held in Bethesda, Maryland (United States) in 2011, through the establishment of the first CEF. (cpsc.gov)
- Developing further the three regulators' joint capacity to engage in cross-border product safety and customs cooperation in order to prevent trade in hazardous products within North America. (cpsc.gov)
- Developing a trilateral Memorandum of Understanding as a platform for sustained and increased cooperation on consumer product safety in North America. (cpsc.gov)
- The three federal agencies with jurisdiction over consumer products in the U.S., Canada and Mexico issued a joint statement promoting greater cooperation and engagement in ensuring the safety of products made and sold across North America. (farmanddairy.com)
- Both countries share major land borders with the U.S. and products produced in or imported from outside North America to any of our three countries may easily find their way into another partner's jurisdiction. (farmanddairy.com)
- Therefore, except for the uses of TCE expressly excluded from the definition of "significant new use" in the SNUR, all persons involved with the manufacture, importation or processing of consumer products containing TCE must comply with the 90-day notice requirement before commencing any manufacturing, importation or processing. (lexology.com)
- HACCP reassessments improve a company's ability to identify hazards and better prevent foodborne illness,' said USDA Under Secretary for Food Safety Dr. Elisabeth Hagen. (sfntoday.com)
Hazards can be addressed1
- If products can be regulated in a harmonized manner and emerging hazards can be addressed swiftly, then consumers in all three countries can benefit", said Chairman Tenenbaum. (farmanddairy.com)
Report an unsafe1
- The consumers generally could perform basic searches and follow instructions to report an unsafe product, and although none were aware of the site before the tests, most said they would use the site again. (gao.gov)
- The General Product Safety Directive does not cover pharmaceuticals, medical devices and food, which are regulated separately. (europa.eu)
- National authorities send information about the measures taken against dangerous products found on their markets to Safety Gate , the EU rapid alert system for dangerous non-food products. (europa.eu)
- China has reportedly been making changes to its consumer product safety review process, in light of food and product safety scandals, including tainted fish and lead scares. (findlaw.com)
- These products may fall under the purview of agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the U.S. Environment Protection Agency, and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. (wikipedia.org)
- This product does not protect users or others against food-borne bacteria. (epa.gov)
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA, we, or the Agency) is issuing this final rule establishing that certain active ingredients used in over-the-counter (OTC) consumer antiseptic products intended for use with water (referred to throughout this document as consumer antiseptic washes) are not generally recognized as safe and effective (GRAS/GRAE) and are misbranded. (federalregister.gov)
- What matters to consumers when buying food and beverage products? (ifsqn.com)
- Product content and ingredients origin top the list, followed by proper hygiene to prevent contamination and food safety from farm to fork. (ifsqn.com)
- In this webinar, Joy Laing, DNV Global Director Food & Beverage, will go over the details of the survey and reveal the latest customer interests and preferences, when purchasing food products. (ifsqn.com)
- Joy has worked in International and European roles in global certification bodies for the past 20 years supporting development of food safety related schemes and an active member of GFSI technical working groups and other stakeholder committees. (ifsqn.com)
- Food Safety Fridays is the FREE educational webinar program brought to you by IFSQN. (ifsqn.com)
- IFSQN is an international networking group for food safety professionals. (ifsqn.com)
- We connect those interested in food safety to information and to each other. (ifsqn.com)
- Incorporating information obtained from Salmonella outbreaks will enhance food safety efforts, helping to avoid future outbreaks and ensure a safer food supply for consumers. (sfntoday.com)
- Bottled water is comprehensively regulated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a packaged food product and it provides a consistently safe and reliable source of drinking water. (bottledwatermatters.org)
- But the quest for bigger profits and a larger share of the consumer market has compelled the processed food industry to turn a blind eye to the dangers and consequences of eating those very products. (yahoo.com)
- How do the food giants trick consumers? (yahoo.com)
- Even though consumers may think food companies are trying to help their waistlines by offering "low fat" or "low sodium" items, that's not actually the case. (yahoo.com)
- The food industry relies heavily on new products to rejuvenate and maintain its business. (ift.org)
- The formula for success can be simply stated: deliver tangible, affordable benefits to consumers in a manner that addresses their concerns about the products or processes used in their food supply (Connor and Schiek, 1997). (ift.org)
- Meat and Poultry Hotline - Call to talk to the food safety education staff (available in English and Spanish). (usa.gov)
- On January 4, 2011, President Obama signed into law the Food Safety Modernization Act ("FSMA") (Pub. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- L. No. 111-353, 124 Stat. 3885 (2011)), representing the most substantial overhaul of food safety law in decades. (retailconsumerproductslaw.com)
- Various processing technologies are available to ensure the safety of the food supply, as well as meet consumers' desire for minimally processed, clean-label, and low-cost food. (aiche.org)
- For many of the consumer product regulations, the IA directly transferred the regulations from the HPA to the CCPSA without any amendments (e.g. the Hazardous Products (Tents) Regulations). (canada.ca)