Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
A pyrimidine nucleoside analog that is used mainly in the treatment of leukemia, especially acute non-lymphoblastic leukemia. Cytarabine is an antimetabolite antineoplastic agent that inhibits the synthesis of DNA. Its actions are specific for the S phase of the cell cycle. It also has antiviral and immunosuppressant properties. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p472)
Leukemia, Myeloid, Acute
Combined Modality Therapy
A semisynthetic derivative of PODOPHYLLOTOXIN that exhibits antitumor activity. Etoposide inhibits DNA synthesis by forming a complex with topoisomerase II and DNA. This complex induces breaks in double stranded DNA and prevents repair by topoisomerase II binding. Accumulated breaks in DNA prevent entry into the mitotic phase of cell division, and lead to cell death. Etoposide acts primarily in the G2 and S phases of the cell cycle.
A class of statistical procedures for estimating the survival function (function of time, starting with a population 100% well at a given time and providing the percentage of the population still well at later times). The survival analysis is then used for making inferences about the effects of treatments, prognostic factors, exposures, and other covariates on the function.
Precursor of an alkylating nitrogen mustard antineoplastic and immunosuppressive agent that must be activated in the LIVER to form the active aldophosphamide. It has been used in the treatment of LYMPHOMA and LEUKEMIA. Its side effect, ALOPECIA, has been used for defleecing sheep. Cyclophosphamide may also cause sterility, birth defects, mutations, and cancer.
Drug Administration Schedule
Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
Leukemia, Promyelocytic, Acute
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Transfer of HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLS from BONE MARROW or BLOOD between individuals within the same species (TRANSPLANTATION, HOMOLOGOUS) or transfer within the same individual (TRANSPLANTATION, AUTOLOGOUS). Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation has been used as an alternative to BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION in the treatment of a variety of neoplasms.
An inorganic and water-soluble platinum complex. After undergoing hydrolysis, it reacts with DNA to produce both intra and interstrand crosslinks. These crosslinks appear to impair replication and transcription of DNA. The cytotoxicity of cisplatin correlates with cellular arrest in the G2 phase of the cell cycle.
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Freezing Reaction, Cataleptic
Drug Resistance, Neoplasm
A curved elevation of GRAY MATTER extending the entire length of the floor of the TEMPORAL HORN of the LATERAL VENTRICLE (see also TEMPORAL LOBE). The hippocampus proper, subiculum, and DENTATE GYRUS constitute the hippocampal formation. Sometimes authors include the ENTORHINAL CORTEX in the hippocampal formation.
Health Facility Merger
Any of a group of malignant tumors of lymphoid tissue that differ from HODGKIN DISEASE, being more heterogeneous with respect to malignant cell lineage, clinical course, prognosis, and therapy. The only common feature among these tumors is the absence of giant REED-STERNBERG CELLS, a characteristic of Hodgkin's disease.
Antineoplastic Agents, Alkylating
A class of drugs that differs from other alkylating agents used clinically in that they are monofunctional and thus unable to cross-link cellular macromolecules. Among their common properties are a requirement for metabolic activation to intermediates with antitumor efficacy and the presence in their chemical structures of N-methyl groups, that after metabolism, can covalently modify cellular DNA. The precise mechanisms by which each of these drugs acts to kill tumor cells are not completely understood. (From AMA, Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p2026)
Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Chemotherapy, Cancer, Regional Perfusion
A malignant disease characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, spleen, and general lymphoid tissue. In the classical variant, giant usually multinucleate Hodgkin's and REED-STERNBERG CELLS are present; in the nodular lymphocyte predominant variant, lymphocytic and histiocytic cells are seen.
A cell-cycle phase nonspecific alkylating antineoplastic agent. It is used in the treatment of brain tumors and various other malignant neoplasms. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p462) This substance may reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen according to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985). (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
Analysis of Variance
A nonparametric method of compiling LIFE TABLES or survival tables. It combines calculated probabilities of survival and estimates to allow for observations occurring beyond a measurement threshold, which are assumed to occur randomly. Time intervals are defined as ending each time an event occurs and are therefore unequal. (From Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 1995)
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Antineoplastic Agents, Phytogenic
Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor
A glycoprotein of MW 25 kDa containing internal disulfide bonds. It induces the survival, proliferation, and differentiation of neutrophilic granulocyte precursor cells and functionally activates mature blood neutrophils. Among the family of colony-stimulating factors, G-CSF is the most potent inducer of terminal differentiation to granulocytes and macrophages of leukemic myeloid cell lines.
Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
Compounds which inhibit the synthesis of proteins. They are usually ANTI-BACTERIAL AGENTS or toxins. Mechanism of the action of inhibition includes the interruption of peptide-chain elongation, the blocking the A site of ribosomes, the misreading of the genetic code or the prevention of the attachment of oligosaccharide side chains to glycoproteins.
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Bone Marrow Transplantation
Antibodies, Monoclonal, Murine-Derived
Pathologic partial or complete loss of the ability to recall past experiences (AMNESIA, RETROGRADE) or to form new memories (AMNESIA, ANTEROGRADE). This condition may be of organic or psychologic origin. Organic forms of amnesia are usually associated with dysfunction of the DIENCEPHALON or HIPPOCAMPUS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp426-7)
Neoplasms of the intracranial components of the central nervous system, including the cerebral hemispheres, basal ganglia, hypothalamus, thalamus, brain stem, and cerebellum. Brain neoplasms are subdivided into primary (originating from brain tissue) and secondary (i.e., metastatic) forms. Primary neoplasms are subdivided into benign and malignant forms. In general, brain tumors may also be classified by age of onset, histologic type, or presenting location in the brain.
Antibodies, Monoclonal, Humanized
Antibodies from non-human species whose protein sequences have been modified to make them nearly identical with human antibodies. If the constant region and part of the variable region are replaced, they are called humanized. If only the constant region is modified they are called chimeric. INN names for humanized antibodies end in -zumab.
Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal
The application of probability and statistical methods to calculate the risk of occurrence of any event, such as onset of illness, recurrent disease, hospitalization, disability, or death. It may include calculation of the anticipated money costs of such events and of the premiums necessary to provide for payment of such costs.
Tumor Markers, Biological
Molecular products metabolized and secreted by neoplastic tissue and characterized biochemically in cells or body fluids. They are indicators of tumor stage and grade as well as useful for monitoring responses to treatment and predicting recurrence. Many chemical groups are represented including hormones, antigens, amino and nucleic acids, enzymes, polyamines, and specific cell membrane proteins and lipids.
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
A malignancy of mature PLASMA CELLS engaging in monoclonal immunoglobulin production. It is characterized by hyperglobulinemia, excess Bence-Jones proteins (free monoclonal IMMUNOGLOBULIN LIGHT CHAINS) in the urine, skeletal destruction, bone pain, and fractures. Other features include ANEMIA; HYPERCALCEMIA; and RENAL INSUFFICIENCY.
A malignant neoplasm of the germinal tissue of the GONADS; MEDIASTINUM; or pineal region. Germinomas are uniform in appearance, consisting of large, round cells with vesicular nuclei and clear or finely granular eosinophilic-staining cytoplasm. (Stedman, 265th ed; from DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, pp1642-3)
Central Nervous System Neoplasms
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Lymphoma, Large B-Cell, Diffuse
Malignant lymphoma composed of large B lymphoid cells whose nuclear size can exceed normal macrophage nuclei, or more than twice the size of a normal lymphocyte. The pattern is predominantly diffuse. Most of these lymphomas represent the malignant counterpart of B-lymphocytes at midstage in the process of differentiation.
Stem Cell Transplantation
The transfer of STEM CELLS from one individual to another within the same species (TRANSPLANTATION, HOMOLOGOUS) or between species (XENOTRANSPLANTATION), or transfer within the same individual (TRANSPLANTATION, AUTOLOGOUS). The source and location of the stem cells determines their potency or pluripotency to differentiate into various cell types.
Proportional Hazards Models
An outbred strain of rats developed in 1915 by crossing several Wistar Institute white females with a wild gray male. Inbred strains have been derived from this original outbred strain, including Long-Evans cinnamon rats (RATS, INBRED LEC) and Otsuka-Long-Evans-Tokushima Fatty rats (RATS, INBRED OLETF), which are models for Wilson's disease and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, respectively.
Loss of the ability to recall information that had been previously encoded in memory prior to a specified or approximate point in time. This process may be organic or psychogenic in origin. Organic forms may be associated with CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA; CEREBROVASCULAR ACCIDENTS; SEIZURES; DEMENTIA; and a wide variety of other conditions that impair cerebral function. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp426-9)
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
Malignant lymphoma in which the lymphomatous cells are clustered into identifiable nodules within the LYMPH NODES. The nodules resemble to some extent the GERMINAL CENTER of lymph node follicles and most likely represent neoplastic proliferation of lymph node-derived follicular center B-LYMPHOCYTES.
Radiotherapy where cytotoxic radionuclides are linked to antibodies in order to deliver toxins directly to tumor targets. Therapy with targeted radiation rather than antibody-targeted toxins (IMMUNOTOXINS) has the advantage that adjacent tumor cells, which lack the appropriate antigenic determinants, can be destroyed by radiation cross-fire. Radioimmunotherapy is sometimes called targeted radiotherapy, but this latter term can also refer to radionuclides linked to non-immune molecules (see RADIOTHERAPY).
Platinum. A heavy, soft, whitish metal, resembling tin, atomic number 78, atomic weight 195.09, symbol Pt. (From Dorland, 28th ed) It is used in manufacturing equipment for laboratory and industrial use. It occurs as a black powder (platinum black) and as a spongy substance (spongy platinum) and may have been known in Pliny's time as "alutiae".
Head and Neck Neoplasms
Soft tissue tumors or cancer arising from the mucosal surfaces of the LIP; oral cavity; PHARYNX; LARYNX; and cervical esophagus. Other sites included are the NOSE and PARANASAL SINUSES; SALIVARY GLANDS; THYROID GLAND and PARATHYROID GLANDS; and MELANOMA and non-melanoma skin cancers of the head and neck. (from Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 4th ed, p1651)
American Hospital Association
Clinical Trials, Phase III as Topic
Works about comparative studies to verify the effectiveness of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques determined in phase II studies. During these trials, patients are monitored closely by physicians to identify any adverse reactions from long-term use. These studies are performed on groups of patients large enough to identify clinically significant responses and usually last about three years. This concept includes phase III studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
Neoplasms, Second Primary
Abnormal growths of tissue that follow a previous neoplasm but are not metastases of the latter. The second neoplasm may have the same or different histological type and can occur in the same or different organs as the previous neoplasm but in all cases arises from an independent oncogenic event. The development of the second neoplasm may or may not be related to the treatment for the previous neoplasm since genetic risk or predisposing factors may actually be the cause.
Quality of Life
Clinical Trials, Phase II as Topic
Works about studies that are usually controlled to assess the effectiveness and dosage (if appropriate) of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques. These studies are performed on several hundred volunteers, including a limited number of patients with the target disease or disorder, and last about two years. This concept includes phase II studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia for older patients. (1/34)Acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) represents a remarkable disease in which leukemogenesis is driven by the PML-RARalpha oncogene and for which targeted treatment with all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA)-based therapy allows substantial chance of cure. APL is seen in a small subset of older patients, with age representing one of the most important prognostic factors for outcome of treatment. Unlike other acute leukemias, the inferior outcomes for APL in older patients relates less to changes in disease biology and more to the increased toxicity of ATRA and the chemotherapy combination regimens used to induce hematologic and molecular responses. Risk-adapted strategies that use less-toxic agents, such as arsenic trioxide, allow treatment of older patients, with greater efficiency and better chances of cure. (+info)
High-dose chemotherapy consolidation for chemosensitive advanced soft tissue sarcoma patients: an open-label, randomized controlled trial. (2/34)(+info)
Results of the APML3 trial incorporating all-trans-retinoic acid and idarubicin in both induction and consolidation as initial therapy for patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia. (3/34)(+info)
Identifying clinical improvement in consolidation single-arm phase 2 trials in patients with ovarian cancer in second or greater clinical remission. (4/34)(+info)
Curing all patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia: are we there yet? (5/34)(+info)
Updated survival and outcomes for older adults with inoperable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer treated with cisplatin, etoposide, and concurrent chest radiation with or without consolidation docetaxel: analysis of a phase III trial from the Hoosier Oncology Group (HOG) and US Oncology. (6/34)(+info)
Immunochemotherapy with intensive consolidation for primary CNS lymphoma: a pilot study and prognostic assessment by diffusion-weighted MRI. (7/34)(+info)
Predictors of prolonged survival after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma. (8/34)(+info)
Clofarabine plus Low-Dose Cytarabine for the Treatment of Patients with Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) who have...
The goal of this clinical research study is to learn if clofarabine when given in combination with cytarabine can help to control myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) after the disease could not be controlled with standard therapy. The safety of this treatment will also be studied. Clofarabine is designed to interfere with the growth and development of cancer cells. Cytarabine is designed to insert itself into DNA (the genetic material of cells) of cancer cells and stop the DNA from repairing itself.
Consolidation chemotherapy - definition of consolidation chemotherapy by The Free Dictionary
Define consolidation chemotherapy. consolidation chemotherapy synonyms, consolidation chemotherapy pronunciation, consolidation chemotherapy translation, English dictionary definition of consolidation chemotherapy. n. 1. The treatment of cancer using specific chemical agents or drugs that are selectively destructive to malignant cells and tissues. 2. The treatment of...
Sap Businessobjects Bpc Business Planning And Consolidation
SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation Planning and Consolidation provides everything you need to meet your bottom-up and top-down financial and operational planning requirements, as well as complete consolidation and reporting through a single application and user interface.
Riding the Wave: Speed, Algos and Consolidation
A wave of consolidation has hit high-speed trading firms and brokers in the past few months, and many are blaming low volatility and weak trading volumes in the face of rising compliance and market
Worldwide Hyperconverged Integrated System Market: Steady Need for Data Center Consolidation to Give Impetus, Finds TMR
Key players in the global hyperconverged integrated systems market include Nutanix, Pivot3, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Scale Computing, VMware, Inc.
Drug approved as part of frontline therapy for HL | MDedge Hematology and Oncology
The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare has approved brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) in combination with doxorubicin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine as a frontline treatment option for CD30-positive Hodgkin lymphoma (HL). The approval was based on the phase 3 ECHELON-1 trial. Result from ECHELON-1 were presented at the 2017 ASH Annual Meeting and simultaneously published in The New England Journal of Medicine. In this trial, researchers compared brentuximab vedotin plus doxorubicin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (A+AVD) to doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) as frontline treatment for 1334 patients with advanced HL. The primary endpoint was modified progression-free survival (PFS), which was defined as time to progression, death, or evidence of non-complete response after completion of frontline therapy followed by subsequent anticancer therapy. According to an independent review committee, A+AVD provided a significant improvement in modified PFS compared to ABVD. ...
Anti-PD-1 Agents as Frontline Therapy
Richard W. Joseph, MD, notes that current treatment guidelines for melanoma recommend anti-PD-1 agents as front line therapy and discusses payer coverage for first-line use of these agents.
المواد والوحدات الدراسية لقسم الهندسة المدنية
Introduction to consolidation concept - The odometer test -Compressibility characteristics - The e-log10бv carve and casagrandepreconsoldation pressure -Teraghi theory for 1-D consolidation - Degree of consolidation - Consolidation settlement and secondary compression - coefficient of consolidation by Taylo and Casagrande method - ...
The Leukemia Letters: After a week at home
This morning began a whole new phase of this adventure: consolidation chemotherapy, on an outpatient basis (yay!). We arrived dutifully at 8:15 for our 8:30 appointment. A little before 9:00 a nurse came and got me and took me to the room where they draw blood samples, then led me back to the waiting area. Some undetermined amount of time later-felt like forever, was probably something like 15 or 20 minutes-another nurse came and ushered me into what I think they call the Infusion Room-a large, open room with hardwood floors (!) and 16 big soft leather reclining chairs. She sat me down, and very quickly realized we hadnt received even rudimentary patient education in what was about to happen; so, patiently, she described the process, explained the potential side-effects (ugh), etc., etc. She gave me an anti-nausea drug, then, at about 10:30, finally started the chemo going. Anna sat in the next chair with her laptop, working hard on a major presentation in between calls to our nutritionist and ...
Where Have All the IP Vendors Gone? Part 3: Market Consolidation | Semico Research
We have answered the first two questions on Market Growth and Market Maturation. The third question relates to Market Consolidation and its impact on the long term health of the 3rd Party IP market. Does the fact that we have recently seen several large IP companies acquired by other larger IP companies mean the long anticipated consolidation in the industry has gotten underway. In order to answer this question it might be a good idea to consider what conditions contribute to, or force, a market consolidation in the first place:
The Rationale for Local Consolidation Therapy in Oncogene-Driven NSCLC | IASLC
The availability of effective TKIs for patients with metastatic NSCLC with targetable oncogenes such as EGFR, ALK, ROS1, and BRAF has transformed the treatment ...
EURUSD - Consolidation/Bearish Environment. for OANDA:EURUSD by FxTraderJoe - TradingView
Hello and welcome back. If you found this idea helpful, please leave a like. EURUSD is in an area where we could go into consolidation. It was unable to go higher last week. From a directional standpoint, if I were to choose a side, I see lower prices targeting the lows at 1.1685 and if we run hard, 1.1615. It is very hard for me to gauge anything due to the current environment we are in right now with the U.S election and so forth. Overall, if I were to choose a side, I see this going lower. …
Culture, management issues drive data center consolidation -- FCW
The success of data center consolidation initiatives will be determined more by culture and management issues than technology, according to federal managers and industry experts speaking at a recent conference on data center optimization.
The consolidation with 2.4 cm cavitation is also seen i | Open-i
The consolidation with 2.4 cm cavitation is also seen in approximately one third of patients with pulmonary NTM. (2,3,4) Also seen on the inferior aspect of the
Patent US3812913 - Method of formation consolidation - Google Patents
A process of formation consolidation is provided wherein the formation is heated and a substance which acts as a bonding agent when heated is then flowed into the formation. To insure a clean bonding surface, in situ combustion may be initiated in the area to be consolidated prior to injection of the bonding substance. Heat may be supplied to the formation after injection of the bonding substance.
How has tech consolidation impacted your support/purchase experiences? - Best Practices - Spiceworks
Curious to know how consolidation from the big guys has impacted the support/service you previously had under the single compan... | Best Practices
Can Ethereum do a 40% increase by the end of September? | Cryptocurrency News Room
Uptrend, Consolidation, Divergence, Consolidation - This is what the Ethereum price chart typically looked like at the time of writing. The price of the largest old has now stayed well below $ 3,500 for six consecutive days, and in particular the current phase of consolidation is pretty much the same as that observed in mid-August. […]
Trebananib With or Without Low-Dose Cytarabine in Treating Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukemia - Full Text View -...
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:. I. To evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) profile of AMG 386 (trebananib) when administered alone and in combination with low-dose cytarabine in adult patients with: untreated AML considered ineligible for standard induction chemotherapy; refractory and/or relapsed AML following at least one cycle of prior therapy who are not currently eligible for stem cell transplantation.. SECONDARY OBJECTIVES:. I. To evaluate clinical responses in AML patients following AMG 386 therapy alone or in combination with low-dose cytarabine therapy.. II. To characterize the biological changes occurring in AML patients treated with AMG 386 alone or in combination with low-dose cytarabine, specifically: alteration in angiopoietin (Ang)1, Ang2, Tie2, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and VEGF receptor (VEGFR) expression; changes in bone marrow vascularization and hypoxia; changes in gene and/or micro ribonucleic acid (microRNA) expression; ...
Hyper-CVAD Regimen in Sequential Combination With Blinatumomab as Frontline Therapy for Adults With B-Cell Lineage Acute...
Clinical trial for childhood ALL | leukemia , Hyper-CVAD Regimen in Sequential Combination With Blinatumomab as Frontline Therapy for Adults With B-Cell Lineage Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
A Phase 1/2 Study of Venetoclax in Combination With Low-Dose Cytarabine in Treatment-Naive Subjects With Acute Myelogenous...
This study consists of three portions: The first portion- Phase 1, or dose-escalation portion, that will evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetic profile of
Search | Page 3 | Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation
with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TD). High dose (HD) lenalidomide (50 mg) has activity as frontline therapy in elderly AML but ... included patients with RR HR-MDS or AML-TD at 2 doses of lenalidomide (15 or 50 mg) on days 1-28 of 42-day cycles. The primary endpoint .... Research Article last updated 11/02/2016 - 9:17am.. ...
Opdivo (nivolumab) Plus Low-Dose Yervoy (ipilimumab) Demonstrates Continued Survival Benefit at 30-Month Follow-up in Patients...
PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--lt;a href= target=_blankgt;$BMYlt;/agt; lt;a href= target=_blankgt;#BMSlt;/agt;--Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:
Clofarabine Prices, Discounts & Coupons | BestRx
Physician reviewed clofarabine patient information - includes clofarabine description, dosage and directions.Print coupons and compare prices.
Migration/Consolidation Solutions - Fujitsu Bulgaria
The decision to move from one platform to another; or to unify an office full of IT equipment can be challenging as well as financially draining on your business. Our Migration/Consolidation solutions offer you a complete package which takes the burden away from you.
Ofcom backs local media consolidation | City A.M.
An era of consolidation is on the cards for local media, after the industry watchdog Ofcom proposed a relaxation of ownership rules.The regulator has
Payday loan consolidation canada - 247loan.ca
Plastery and pyoid Gallagher outcry his encoders boomerang piqued microscopically. Refulgent and calefactive Dewey variegates her metallizations payday loan consolidation canada sympathize and tableted stiffly. Mutative Huey cradled her transcribe and enticed burglariously! Accredited and sign Normie displease her pandits staple or contusing determinably ...
Clolar - Clofarabine: door FDA goedgekeurd medicijn voor ALL - Acute lymfatische Leukemie en dan met name voor kinderen 1 - 21...
CLOLAR(TM)- clofarabine door FDA goedgekeurd medicijn voor ALL - Acute lymfatische Leukemie en dan met name voor kinderen 1 - 21 jaar - met recidief van ALL. Recente studiepublicatie toegevoegd. Artikel update 11 juli 2012
New CenterWatch Report Finds US Investigative Site Market Ripe for Consolidation Driven by European SMOs | Applied Clinical...
Latest solutions, case studies, interviews, practical articles for clinical trials operations, data management, technology, investigative sites and services.
Healthcares Consolidation Landscape
Market and regulatory factors have unleashed a wave of merger, acquisition, and partnership activity that is changing the delivery of healthcare services.
Compare Fiproguard - Generic To Frontline Top Spot vs. K9 Advantix II | 1-800-PetMeds®
Detailed comparison chart and breakdown between Fiproguard - Generic To Frontline Top Spot vs. K9 Advantix II. Visit 1800PetMeds.com and well help inform you.
Latest ECM Match: Stellent Snaps up Optika - InternetNews.
In the continuing consolidation in the enterprise content management space, Stellent moves to acquire Optika for $59 million in stock and cash.
Phase I/II study of clofarabine plus cyclophosphamide for relapsed and refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). -...
This trial will investigate the efficacy and tolerability of clofarabine [Clolar; Genzyme Corporation] and cyclophosphamide [Cytoxan, Neosar] in patients with
TREATMENT WITH LOW-DOSE CYTARABINE IN ELDERLY PATIENTS (AGE 70 YEARS OR OLDER) WITH ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA: A SINGLE...
TREATMENT WITH LOW-DOSE CYTARABINE IN ELDERLY PATIENTS (AGE 70 YEARS OR OLDER) WITH ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA: A SINGLE INSTITUTION EXPERIENCE
Improving Risk Assessment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) With a Precision Genomic Strategy to Assess Mutation Clearance - ...
The investigators will prospectively determine whether the relapse-free and overall survival in patients who have cleared their leukemia-associated mutations treated with standard consolidation chemotherapy is superior to what is expected based on historical controls. The investigators will also prospectively determine the relapse-free and overall survival of patients who have not cleared their mutations. Because the relapse rate of patients with persistent mutations is expected to be high, treatment with either standard of care consolidation therapy alone or alloSCT will be permitted, at the discretion of the treating physician. Location: University of Rochester Medical ...
A Study to Assess AC220 Given in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Therapy in Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia...
A Study to Assess AC220 Given in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Therapy in Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML ...
Systemic Consolidation Therapy After Primary - CareAcross
The purpose of this study is to determine the therapeutic efficacy and complications of systemic consolidation therapy with paclitaxel plus carboplatin following primary chemoradiation for locally advanced cervical cancer.
The survival benefit of intensified full-dose XELOX chemotherapy concomitant to radiotherapy and then resting-period...
Conclusions: The intensified treatment paradigm of XELOX concurrent chemoradiation followed by one cycle of consolidation chemotherapy was well tolerated in our cohort and provided a promising long-term oncologic outcome, which warranted further investigation in a randomize trails....
Softworld special: vendor consolidation - Accountancy Age
Ahead of this months Softworld exhibition, FDs can become preoccupied with seeing their software vendor being gobbled up. Our reporter looks at how to protect finance functions from the ravages of IT consolidation ...
Australia is great for fintech, but consolidation is coming: OnDeck - AltFi
Australia has a great regulatory environment and fintech lending is growing quickly. But consolidation is around the corner, OnDeck said.
Watchlist: Consolidation Break Ahead on GBP/CAD? - BabyPips.com
GBP/CAD is a very strong candidate for a range breakout play with inflation updates ahead from both the U.K. and Canada. Will the top tier economic updates get the pair into momentum mode?
March 2019 - Get Out Of Debt, Consolidation & Management Relief Counselling
Many people often look for a magical solution to improve their financial situation, but the fact is, solving your money problems comes down to some basic simple principles. There are actually only two ways to improve your financial situation: make more money or curb your spending. While this may sound simple, its often very difficult […]. ...
Reference 85 | CAM Regulation
85. Assessment of Foreign Qualifications Act, cf. Consolidation Act No. 74 of 24 January 2003, with the amendments following from Act No. 315 of 30 March 2007, (2007).. ...
Bone marrow transplantation versus high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia in...
After a median follow-up of 4 years, the actuarial risk of leukemic relapse was considerably lower in the transplant group than in the group treated with consolidation chemotherapy (32% +/- 26% v 60% +/- 14%; P = .05). Treatment-related mortality, however, was much higher in the group treated with BMT (32% v 6%, P = .002). The actuarial disease-free survival at 5 years was not significantly different for the two groups (45% +/- 24% v 38% +/- 14%). Conclusions: ...
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin in acute myeloid leukaemia | Cancer World Archive
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin was withdrawn from the market after being evaluated in combination with chemotherapy in the frontline treatment of patients aged 18 to 60 years with acute myeloid leukaemia (AML). More-recent randomised trials demonstrate that low doses of gemtuzumab added to cytarabine and anthracycline-based chemotherapy benefit patients with better-risk AML. This article was first published [more]
Azacitidine improves clinical outcomes in older patients with acute myeloid leukaemia with myelodysplasia-related changes...
Compared with World Health Organization-defined acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) not otherwise specified, patients with AML with myelodysplasia-related changes (AML-MRC) are generally older and more likely to have poor-risk cytogenetics, leading to poor response and prognosis. More than one-half of all older (≥65 years) patients in the phase 3 AZA-AML-001 trial had newly diagnosed AML-MRC. We compared clinical outcomes for patients with AML-MRC treated with azacitidine or conventional care regimens (CCR; induction chemotherapy, low-dose cytarabine, or supportive care only) overall and within patient subgroups defined by cytogenetic risk (intermediate or poor) and age (65-74 years or ≥75 years). The same analyses were used to compare azacitidine with low-dose cytarabine in patients who had been preselected to low-dose cytarabine before they were randomized to receive azacitidine or CCR (ie, low-dose cytarabine). Median overall survival was significantly prolonged with azacitidine (n = 129) versus CCR (n
LAM07: Study to Analyze the Efficacy of a Risk Adapted Treatment Strategy, Including Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin (GO) During...
Prospective, multicenter, uncontrolled cohort study to analyze the efficacy of a risk adapted treatment strategy, including gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO) d
Pesquisa | Portal Regional da BVS
BACKGROUND: Treatment-free remission in chronic myeloid leukaemia-ie, achievement of a sustained deep molecular response leading to discontinuation of BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) therapy-has become a potential aim of therapy. Highly priced second-generation TKIs might offer deep molecular response status more quickly and for more patients than imatinib; however, with the availability and lower cost of generic imatinib, the value of second-generation TKIs as frontline therapy for this particular treatment endpoint remains unknown. We aimed to assess the potential value of second-generation TKIs used as frontline therapy in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia in chronic phase in relation to the probability of achieving sustained deep molecular responses compared with generic imatinib, and the associated cost of each modality. METHODS: We used a decision analytic model to consider the value of different TKI approaches from the payers perspective. The proportion of patients ...
Frontline Therapy in Mantle Cell Lymphoma: New Standards in 2017 | Gotoper.com
With the improvement of treatments and the heterogeneity of responses, it has become evident that prognosis factors should be now defined to help in therapeutic decision making. Classification systems have evolved to predict outcomes in MCL. Blastoid histology, high expression of Ki-67, and CDKN2A/TP53 deletions have been clearly associated with unfavorable prognosis.9-12 Additionally, recently developed is an MCL-specific clinical prognostic tool-the Mantle Cell International Prognostic Index (MIPI)- based on 4 independent prognostic factors: age, performance status, lactate dehydrogenase, and leukocyte count.13,14 The MIPI separates patients with MCL into 3 risk groups: high (including patients relapsing during the year after end of treatment); intermediate (including patients with an incidence of relapse of 10% to 15% per year); and low (including almost 30% of patients with a complete response [CR] lasting 5 years or more).7,15 The proliferation index Ki-67 was then incorporated into the ...
Precision therapy enasidenib effective in treating deadly form of leukemia12 Jun 2017
At data cut-off, patients who achieved a partial response survived a median of 14.4 months, while those who achieved complete response attained 19.7 months. Further data collection on these patients will be included in future studies. Overall survival for this group nearly tripled compared to previous studies evaluating other treatments in this patient population, up from 3.3 months to 9.3 months.. In this early study, the survival benefit of nine months in patients with advanced relapsed or treatment-resistant disease is very significant, noted Dr. Stein. We are further encouraged to see that there we so few serious adverse events for these patients.. Adverse events included increased bilirubin, nausea, IDH-DS (a buildup of fluid in the body and/or lungs), and a proliferation of white blood cells known as leukocytosis. Two participants who experienced IDH-DS died in the course of treatment.. Further trials to assess enasidenib as a frontline therapy, in combination with standard AML ...
The Best Debt Consolidation Programs | Information & Reviews | Bills.com
The Best Debt Consolidation Programs | You can save money and get out of debt faster, when you work with the best debt consolidation programs. Make sure you...
Fiscal adjustment in Brazil
In the first regime (surpluses/consolidation) the average growth rate is m1 = -1.006% per month while in the second regime (deficits/expansion) the average growth rate is m2 = 0.072%. In other terms, the estimates associate state 1 (consolidation) with a 1% decrease in the primary deficits and state 2 (expansion) with a 0.07% increase in the primary deficits. The estimates also show that each regime is highy persistent. The probability that a consolidation will be followed by another month of consolidation is p11 = 0.983, so that this regime will persist on average for 1/(1-p11) = 59 months. The probability that an expansion will be followed by another month of expansion is p22 = 0.983, and this regime will persist on average for 1/(1-p22) = 42 months. In other terms, these probabilities indicate that if the system is in either state 1 or state 2, it is likely to stay in that state. The top panel of figure 1 plots the primary deficit in Brazil in percentage of GDP. The bottom panel plots the ...
Audit Consolidation Questionnaire | Fragebogen zur Prüfung des Konzernabschlusses
(KudoZ) English to German translation of Audit Consolidation Questionnaire: Fragebogen zur Prüfung des Konzernabschlusses [Accounting (Bus/Financial)].
Frontline TopSpot (Known as Frontline Spot On)
Frontline TopSpot (Known as Frontline Spot On) - PetCareChoice.com. Call toll-free 1-800-259-1657, or order online at PetCareChoice.com.
eCFR :: 10 CFR 2.316 -- Consolidation of parties.
On motion or on its or his own initiative, the Commission or the presiding officer may order any parties in a proceeding who have substantially the same interest that may be affected by the proceeding and who raise substantially the same questions, to consolidate their presentation of evidence, cross-examination, briefs, proposed findings of fact, and conclusions of law and argument. However, it may not order any consolidation that would prejudice the rights of any party. A consolidation under this section may be for all purposes of the proceeding, all of the issues of the proceeding, or with respect to any one or more issues thereof. ...
Difference Between Lung Infiltrate and Consolidation | Difference Between
When we breathe in, the inhaled air enters the trachea, the branches, and through progressively smaller airways reaches the alveoli - microscopic bubbles, where ...
Backup Strategy and Consolidation | Wilders Security Forums
Hi, I need help setting up a scheduled backup for my computer with TI2009 (build 9646). I created a task which runs daily. On the first day a full...
USD/JPY Bullish Consolidation at 38.2 Fib - Admiral Markets
The USD/JPY made a diving board pattern straight from 111.70 zone and it is consolidating now at 38.2 of the previous swing low. The price is supported by 38.2, D L3, W H4 and double bottom within 112.30-40 zone.
Boeings Fatal Flaw | FRONTLINE
In an investigation with The New York Times, FRONTLINE examines the commercial pressures, flawed design and failed oversight behind Boeings 737 Max jet and the crashes that killed 346 people.
Fast Money Big Picture: The Hacker Trade
Joe Terranova says consolidation and M&A in the space is the reason to own these cyber-security stocks. Click here for details.
... patients with acute myeloid leukemia receiving induction or consolidation chemotherapy; patients with cancer undergoing bone ... Low neutrophil counts may occur with HIV/AIDS, following chemotherapy or radiation poisoning, or be of an unknown cause. It may ... Zimmer BM, Berdel WE, Ludwig WD, Notter M, Reufi B, Thiel E (March 1993). "Fatal spleen rupture during induction chemotherapy ... Causes of neutropenia include chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation. Filgrastim is also used to increase the number of ...
Consolidation treatment often entails a repetition of induction chemotherapy or the intensification chemotherapy with ... Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, bone marrow transplant, supportive care. Prognosis. Five-year survival ... Consolidation therapy or intensification therapy to eliminate any remaining leukemia cells. There are many different approaches ... Such combination chemotherapy usually offers the benefits of early remission and a lower risk of disease resistance. ...
Biphenotypic acute leukaemia
Researchers also found some new chemotherapy method for specific cases. For example, The chemotherapy for ALL and gemtuzuab ... If the patients enter fully remission, the consolidation with stem cell transplantation is highly recommended. The prognosis ... Usually the chemotherapy is chosen according to the morphology of the blast (ALL or AML). A blood-forming stem-cell ... Recently, researches showed that using both myeloid and lymphoid induction therapy may be better for prognosis.Chemotherapy has ...
Intensification chemotherapy is identical to consolidation chemotherapy but a different drug than the induction chemotherapy is ... Chemotherapy. A woman being treated with docetaxel chemotherapy for breast cancer. Cold mittens and wine coolers are placed on ... The term chemotherapy. The word chemotherapy without a modifier usually refers to cancer treatment, but its historical ... Consolidation chemotherapy is given after remission in order to prolong the overall disease-free time and improve overall ...
Acute myelomonocytic leukemia
Chemotherapy drugs often used to treat AML are Cytarabine and an anthracycline drug. Chemotherapy is broken down into 2 phases ... Consolidation Therapy: second phase given in cycles that occur after the patient has recovered from induction therapy. Its ... Multiple chemotherapy drugs and its effects are being research in comparison to its treatment success in AML not specifically ... The aggressive Chemotherapy regimen can lead to long term side effects such as prolonged anemia, leukocytopenia, neutropenia, ...
Mantle cell lymphoma
Chemotherapy is widely used as frontline treatment, and often is not repeated in relapse due to side effects. Alternate ... The phases of treatment are generally: frontline, following diagnosis, consolidation, after frontline response (to prolong ... A stronger chemotherapy with greater side effects (mostly hematologic) is HyperCVAD, often given in the hospital setting, with ... MCL cells may also be resistant to drug-induced apoptosis, making them harder to cure with chemotherapy or radiation. Cells ...
Acute myeloblastic leukemia with maturation
... acute myeloid leukemia is treated using chemotherapy consisting of an induction phase and consolidation phase (Dohner et al., ... adds important prognostic information to cytogenetic risk group and response to the first cycle of chemotherapy: analysis of ...
Chemotherapy can be used alone or in combination with other therapies. Chemotherapy can be given either as a pill to swallow ... Consolidation/Intensification is used to kill any remaining cells that have the potential to become cancerous. It consists of ... "Chemotherapy to Treat Cancer". National Cancer Institute. 2015-04-29. Retrieved 2018-12-13. "High-dose Chemotherapy and Stem ... Consolidation begins after remission is obtained and is aimed at killing any remaining cancer cells. It will again vary ...
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Consolidation/intensification Use high doses of chemotherapy to further reduce tumor burden Typical protocols use the following ... ChemotherapyEdit. Chemotherapy is the initial treatment of choice, and most people with ALL receive a combination of ... In general, cytotoxic chemotherapy for ALL combines multiple antileukemic drugs tailored to each person. Chemotherapy for ALL ... Chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation, radiation therapy, targeted therapy. Prognosis. Children: 90% five-year survival ...
Cancer (2015 PBS film) History of cancer History of cancer chemotherapy The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer [1 ... There were four phases: remission induction, remission consolidation or intensification, specific pre-emptive meningeal ... treatment and continuation chemotherapy for 3 years. Both radiotherapy and instillation of drug directly into spinal fluid were ...
Acute promyelocytic leukemia
In the 2000 European APL study, the 2-year relapse rate for those that did not receive consolidation chemotherapy (ATRA not ... based chemotherapy. Both chemotherapies result in a clinical remission in approximately 90% of patients with arsenic trioxide ... Unlike other chemotherapies, ATRA does not directly kill the malignant cells. ATRA induces the terminal differentiation of the ... ATRA alone is capable of inducing remission but it is short-lived in the absence of concurrent "traditional" chemotherapy. As ...
Enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma
... followed by consolidation chemotherapy and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Brentuximab vedotin is a ... Previous chemotherapy treatment regimens that did not use autologous stem cell transplantation reported poor prognoses with ... Optimal treatment of EATL has used regimens consisting of intensive chemotherapy, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and, ... to repair obstructed or perforated bowel or remove bulky disease followed by a conditioning regimen of high-dose chemotherapy ( ...
Consolidation treatment often entails a repetition of induction chemotherapy or the intensification chemotherapy with ... induction phase of chemotherapy. Such combination chemotherapy usually offers the benefits of early remission and a lower risk ... Consolidation therapy or intensification therapy to eliminate any remaining leukemia cells. There are many different approaches ... Dental work is recommended before chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Those in remission can be treated per normal. The success ...
Induction with chemotherapy (Daunorubicin + Cytarabine), followed by consolidation chemotherapy (High dose cytarabine). Stem ... Intensive chemotherapy phase for initial 6 months and maintenance chemotherapy for 2 years. Prophylactic cranial and stem cell ... Treatment options include radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery.. Stomach cancer. Treatment options include chemotherapy, ... Chemotherapy with ABVD or BEACOPP regimen and Involved field radiation therapy (IFRT).. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). Chemo- ...
... two or more cycles of a platinum-based chemotherapy were randomly assigned to receive durvalumab or a placebo as consolidation ... or metastatic urothelial carcinoma who either have disease progression during or following platinum-containing chemotherapy or ... have disease progression within 12 months of neoadjuvant or adjuvant treatment with platinum-containing chemotherapy. ...
... chemotherapy), a chemotherapy regimen Institute for Learning, a defunct UK body intended to promote teaching Indian Federation ... advocated consolidation of the British Empire Intact forest landscape Integrated Facility for Linux, an IBM mainframe processor ...
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
... and continue it during the consolidation/intensification period. Adult chemotherapy regimens mimic those of childhood ALL; ... In general, cytotoxic chemotherapy for ALL combines multiple antileukemic drugs tailored to each person. Chemotherapy for ALL ... Treatment usually also include intrathecal chemotherapy since systemic chemotherapy can have limited penetration into the ... Chemotherapy is the initial treatment of choice, and most people with ALL receive a combination of medications. There are no ...
Plasma cell leukemia
Two other studies that included bortezomib in their chemotherapy regimens likewise found that the addition of autologous stem- ... drug regimen such as borezomib-lenalidomide-dexamethasone followed by autologous stem-cell transplantion and consolidation/ ... In one study, patients receiving intensive chemotherapy plus autologous stem-cell transplantation had a median survival of 34 ... months while those receiving chemotherapy alone had a median survival of 11 months. ...
... pulmonary consolidation, a mass, or a nodule". Pathologically, a cavity is "usually produced by the expulsion or drainage of a ... if a lung cancer develops cavitation after chemotherapy and radiofrequency ablation, that indicates a good response to ...
T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
... and resistance to chemotherapy. In response, Prophylactic Intrathecal Chemotherapy is further enhanced with CNS radiation ... The treatment typically takes place over three stages: induction, consolidation, and maintenance. Treatment is expected to span ... Henceforth, Prophylactic Intrathecal Chemotherapy in CNS lymphoma, a treatment to lower risk of leukemia spreading to the ... Currently, standard treatment of T-ALL takes the form of long-term chemotherapy and drug intake to prevent or treat side ...
... as consolidation of the remission status obtained following surgery and standard platinum and taxane first line chemotherapy.[ ... Nine hundred women in whom the ovarian tumour was removed by surgery and standard chemotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin ... In spite of initially successful treatment with surgery and chemotherapy, which forces back the tumour "completely", i.e. into ... Immunological consolidation of ovarian carcinoma recurrences with monoclonal anti-idiotype antibody ACA125: immune responses ...
List of therapies
... chrysotherapy climatotherapy cobalt therapy cold compression therapy combination therapy consolidation therapy contrast bath ... brachytherapy cardiac resynchronization therapy cell therapy cytotherapy cell transfer therapy chelation therapy chemotherapy ...
Acute myeloid leukemia
... known as consolidation chemotherapy. For people at high risk of relapse (e.g. those with high-risk cytogenetics, underlying MDS ... August 1999). "A randomized comparison of all transretinoic acid (ATRA) followed by chemotherapy and ATRA plus chemotherapy and ... The risk is highest about three to five years after chemotherapy. Other chemotherapy agents, specifically epipodophyllotoxins ... induction chemotherapy may not be offered to the very elderly, and the options may include less intense chemotherapy or ...
Intensification chemotherapy is identical to consolidation chemotherapy but a different drug than the induction chemotherapy is ... Maintenance chemotherapy is a repeated low-dose treatment to prolong remission. Salvage chemotherapy or palliative chemotherapy ... Consolidation chemotherapy is given after remission in order to prolong the overall disease-free time and improve overall ... Chemotherapy may be given with a curative intent or it may aim to prolong life or to palliate symptoms. Induction chemotherapy ...
ADE is a chemotherapy regimen most often used as an induction or consolidation regimen in acute myelogenous leukemia, ... Fludarabine and cytosine are less effective than standard ADE chemotherapy in high-risk acute myeloid leukemia, and addition of ... regimen or who are relapsed after the standard chemotherapy. ADE regimen consists of three drugs: Ara-C (cytarabine) - an ...
... in combination with chemotherapy. The drug is approved for use with a companion diagnostic, the LeukoStrat CDx FLT3 Mutation ... high-dose C consolidation (consol), and as maintenance (maint) therapy in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients ... was found to prolong survival of FLT3-mutated AML patients when combined with conventional induction and consolidation ...
It is also used second-line for relapsed/refractory neuroblastoma in combination with chemotherapy and GM-CSF. Dinutuximab beta ... It is given in patients who have completed induction therapy and consolidation therapy (autologous bone marrow transplant and ... Dinutuximab is used as post-consolidation therapy for children with high-risk neuroblastoma, in combination with granulocyte- ...
Cytarabine plus idarubicin or daunorubicin as induction and consolidation therapy for previously untreated adult patients with ... "7+3" in the context of chemotherapy is an acronym for a chemotherapy regimen that is most often used today (as of 2014) as ... which is better treated with ATRA and/or arsenic trioxide and requires less chemotherapy (if requires it at all, which is not ... always the case). The name "7+3" comes from the duration of chemotherapy course, which consists of 7 days of standard-dose ...
Sequential high-dose chemotherapy
It is mostly used as consolidation therapy for relapsed or refractory lymphomas and relapsed or refractory Hodgkin disease, ... Sequential high-dose chemotherapy is a chemotherapy regimen consisting of several (2 to 4) sequential monochemotherapies with ... The idea behind this approach is that when using single-agent chemotherapy, the doctor can easily escalate the dose of the drug ... Oyan B, Koc Y, Ozdemir E, Kars A, Turker A, Tekuzman G, Kansu E (2006). "High dose sequential chemotherapy and autologous stem ...
No signs and symptoms of lobar consolidation, meaning that the infection is restricted to small areas, rather than involving a ... Journal of Chemotherapy. 19 (Suppl 1): 17-23. PMID 18073166. [permanent dead link] Diseases Database Causes of atypical ... In addition, this form of pneumonia is atypical in presentation with only moderate amounts of sputum, no consolidation, only ... a dry irritating cough followed later by a productive cough with radiographs showing consolidation), there are in general few ...
ಖಿನ್ನತೆ-ಶಮನಕಾರಿ(ಆಂಟಿ-ಡಿಪ್ರೆಸೆಂಟ್) - ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ
Vertes, Robert P.; Eastman, KE (2000). "The case against memory consolidation in REM sleep". Behavioral and Brain Sciences. 23 ... "Tuberculosis chemotherapy with hydrazine derivatives of isonicotinic acid". Chest. 21 (4): 385-438. doi:10.1378/chest.21.4.385 ...
It is a condition where the alveoli are deflated down to little or no volume, as distinct from pulmonary consolidation, in ... If a tumor is blocking the airway, relieving the obstruction by surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or laser therapy may ...
Chemotherapy. The chemotherapy regimen depends on the tumor type. Small-cell lung carcinoma (SCLC), even relatively ... consolidation (pneumonia) or pleural effusion. CT imaging is typically used to provide more information about the type and ... Adjuvant chemotherapy refers to the use of chemotherapy after apparently curative surgery to improve the outcome. In NSCLC, ... Chemotherapy may be combined with palliative care in the treatment of the NSCLC. In advanced cases, appropriate chemotherapy ...
Their active immunotherapy, BiovaxID, is a cancer vaccine whose first indication is intended to be consolidation/adjuvant ... blood following chemotherapy, and improve the duration of complete remissions by a median of 15.4 months relative to control. ... and recruiting the patient's own immune system to destroy micro-pockets of cancer cells that may remain following chemotherapy ...
... such as chemotherapy) or in acute radiation syndrome (though deuterium is not radioactive), and is due to deuterium's action in ... and third phase saw consolidation and a shift towards improvement in production and energy conservation. ... As in chemotherapy, deuterium-poisoned mammals die of a failure of bone marrow (bleeding and infection) and intestinal-barrier ...
آب سنگین - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
... such as chemotherapy) or in acute radiation syndrome (though deuterium is not radioactive), and is due to deuterium's action in ... and third phase saw consolidation and a shift towards improvement in production and energy conservation. ... As in chemotherapy, deuterium-poisoned mammals die of a failure of bone marrow (bleeding and infection) and intestinal-barrier ...
consolidation therapy A therapy given to consolidate the gains from induction therapy. In cancer, this means chasing after any ... by drugs: pharmacotherapy, chemotherapy (also, medical therapy often means specifically pharmacotherapy). *by medical devices: ... Often multiple therapies may be tried simultaneously (combination therapy or polytherapy). Thus combination chemotherapy is ... are called neoadjuvant chemotherapy, not premedication, whereas things like anesthetics or prophylactic antibiotics before ...
Memory consolidation. Signals via Gi/o inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. ... The enterochromaffin cells not only react to bad food but are also very sensitive to irradiation and cancer chemotherapy. Drugs ... They are particularly important in treating the nausea and vomiting that occur during anticancer chemotherapy using cytotoxic ... Gonzalez R, Chávez-Pascacio K, Meneses A (September 2013). "Role of 5-HT5A receptors in the consolidation of memory". ...
In mice lacking SHARP1/BHLHE41 and SHARP2, IGF-2 is elevated and leads to enhanced memory consolidation. ... Research is currently examining whether BHLHE40 and BHLHE41 can be used as target genes for chemotherapy. ... "Enhanced memory consolidation in mice lacking the circadian modulators Sharp1 and -2 caused by elevated Igf2 signaling in the ...
Treatment with chemotherapy has been used with some success, particularly using lomustine, prednisone, doxorubicin, and ... sometimes leading to lung lobe consolidation and pleural effusion. Signs and symptoms include cough, loss of appetite, ...
Dawa za mfadhaiko, kamusi elezo huru
Vertes, Robert P.; Eastman, KE (2000). "The case against memory consolidation in REM sleep". Behavioral and Brain Sciences 23 ( ... "Tuberculosis chemotherapy with hydrazine derivatives of isonicotinic acid". Chest 21 (4): 385-438. doi:10.1378/chest.21.4.385 ...
Ostra białaczka szpikowa, wolna encyklopedia
A randomized comparison of all transretinoic acid (ATRA) followed by chemotherapy and ATRA plus chemotherapy and the role of ... Core-binding factor acute myeloid leukemia: can we improve on HiDAC consolidation?. „Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program". ... Intensive postremission chemotherapy in adults with acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer and Leukemia Group B. „N Engl J Med". 331 ( ... A tribute to Sidney Farber-- the father of modern chemotherapy. „Br J Haematol". 134 (1), s. 20-6, 2006. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365- ...
Pneumonia can be described as pneumonitis combined with consolidation and exudation of lung tissue due to infection with ... Possible causative agents include radiation therapy of the chest, exposure to medications used during chemo-therapy, the ... and chemotherapy drugs "Farmer's lung" and "hot tub lung" are common names for types of hypersensitivity pneumonitis that ...
In 1999 the Company led consolidation in the UK biosciences market merging with Chiroscience plc, after which it was briefly ... "Antibody-targeted chemotherapy with immunoconjugates of calicheamicin". Current Opinion in Pharmacology. 3 (4): 386-90. doi: ...
In mice lacking SHARP1/BHLHE41 and SHARP2, IGF-2 is elevated and leads to enhanced memory consolidation. There is a known amino ... Research is currently examining whether BHLHE40 and BHLHE41 can be used as target genes for chemotherapy. BHLHE41 is thought to ... Shahmoradi A, Radyushkin K, Rossner MJ (July 2015). "Enhanced memory consolidation in mice lacking the circadian modulators ...
Moran received a $447,000 debt consolidation loan at over 10% interest rate. The Lieutenant Governor of Virginia at the time, ... but after almost two years of chemotherapy and herbal therapies she was designated cancer free. His brother, Brian Moran, is a ...
High-dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant
... as Consolidation After CAF in High-Risk Primary Breast Cancer Involving Ten or More Axillary Lymph Nodes (LN): Preliminary ... The high-dose chemotherapy resulted in a significantly low relapse rate, and high-dose chemotherapy was associated with ... High-dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant (HDC/BMT), also high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow transplant ... 2003). "Conventional Adjuvant Chemotherapy with or without High-Dose Chemotherapy and Autologous Stem-Cell Transplantation in ...
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
The unification of the two hospitals was one of the most significant consolidations ever achieved by hospitals; it was in ... despite his own oncologist at Cedars-Sinai having recommended that he use the marijuana for his pain and chemotherapy. Dr. ...
Consolidation Chemotherapy - MeSH - NCBI
Consolidation Chemotherapies. All MeSH CategoriesAnalytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment Category ... Consolidation Chemotherapy. Drug treatment designed to further diminish the disease toward complete remission following ... It helps to consolidate the gains during induction chemotherapy and may be followed by MAINTENANCE CHEMOTHERAPY. ...
Consolidation chemotherapy - definition of consolidation chemotherapy by The Free Dictionary
consolidation chemotherapy synonyms, consolidation chemotherapy pronunciation, consolidation chemotherapy translation, English ... dictionary definition of consolidation chemotherapy. n. 1. The treatment of cancer using specific chemical agents or drugs that ... Related to consolidation chemotherapy: induction chemotherapy, salvage chemotherapy, platinum chemotherapy che·mo·ther·a·py. ( ... chemotherapy. (redirected from consolidation chemotherapy). Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia. ...
Bacillus cereus sepsis and subarachnoid hemorrhage following consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia]. -...
A 64-year-old man with acute myelogenous leukemia (FAB classification, M7) in remission received consolidation chemotherapy ... Bacillus cereus sepsis and subarachnoid hemorrhage following consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia].. [ ... which developed at nadir following chemotherapy for leukemia patients. Because of the aggressive clinical course of B. cereus ... cereus sepsis would be important in the management of leukemia patients after chemotherapy. ...
Venetoclax in Combination With Intensive Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Treatment Naïve AML - Full Text View -...
Venetoclax in Combination With Intensive Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Treatment Naïve AML. The safety and ... Phase 1b Study of Venetoclax in Combination With Intensive Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Treatment Naïve Subjects ... of combining venetoclax with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML.. *Partial Response Rate [ Time Frame: 2 ... response rate data as to the efficacy of combining venetoclax with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML. ...
Organ Preservation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer by Radiochemotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy. - Full Text...
Experimental: Radiochemotherapy -, chemotherapy. Radiochemotherapy followed by consolidation chemotherapy. Deep regional ... Organ Preservation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer by Radiochemotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy. (CAO/ARO/AIO- ... Organ Preservation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer by Radiochemotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy. A Prospective ... Drug: Chemotherapy chemoradiotherapy is started according to the following schedule: 5-FU: 250 mg/sqm per day, iv, on day 1-14 ...
Trial of Postoperative Chemoradiotherapy With or Without Consolidation Chemotherapy for Cervical Cancer Patients - Full Text...
... it is not yet known whether chemotherapy and radiation therapy are more effective when given with consolidation chemotherapy in ... Trial of Postoperative Chemoradiotherapy With or Without Consolidation Chemotherapy for Cervical Cancer Patients. The safety ... The purpose of this study is to determine the efficacy and safety of consolidation chemotherapy with paclitaxel plus cisplatin ... Phase III Randomized Study of Concurrent Paclitaxel/Cisplatin Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy With or Without Consolidation ...
Consolidation Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Mid or Low Rectal Cancer After Neoadjuvant Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy - Full...
Consolidation chemotherapy After neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy, patients will receive three cycles of chemotherapy. Thereafter ... Consolidation Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Mid or Low Rectal Cancer After Neoadjuvant Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy. The ... KCSP Trial of cONsolidation Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Mid or Low Rectal Cancer After neoadjUvant Concurrent ... Korean Society of Coloproctology (KSCP) trial of cONsolidation Chemotherapy for Locally advanced mid or low rectal cancer after ...
Azacitidine Compared to Conventional Chemotherapy as Consolidation of Elderly Patients With AML
... standard DA consolidation treatment of acute myeloid leukemia ... of this study is to determine whether Azacitidine consolidation ... Azacitidine Compared to Conventional Chemotherapy in Consolidation of Elderly Patients (65 Years or Older) With AML in First ... Azacitidine Compared to Conventional Chemotherapy in Consolidation of Elderly Patients (65 Years or Older) With AML in First ... 1. Subjects who are not considered to be candidates to complete the consolidation. therapy due to medical or psychological ...
A Study of ASP2215 in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid...
A Study of ASP2215 in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid ... A Study of ASP2215 in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid ... parameters of ASP2215 concomitant with induction and consolidation chemotherapy as well as evaluate the PK parameters of ... Treatment of AML in Phase 1 part is composed of 3 periods of therapy: remission induction, consolidation, and maintenance. The ...
Agios Announces Updated Data from Phase 1 Study of Ivosidenib or Enasidenib in Combination with Standard Induction and...
Announces Updated Data from Phase 1 Study of Ivosidenib or Enasidenib in Combination with Standard Induction and Consolidation ... Chemotherapy in Newly Diagnosed AML Patients With an IDH Mutation ... received up to four cycles of consolidation chemotherapy while ... "These data demonstrate that combining full doses of standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy with ivosidenib or ... registration-enabling trial combining ivosidenib or enasidenib with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy followed ...
HEAD START 4: A Study of Different Regimens of Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy with Stem Cell Rescue for Children...
HEAD START 4: A Study of Different Regimens of Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy with Stem Cell Rescue for Children ... Clinical and Molecular Risk-Tailored Intensive and Compressed Induction Chemotherapy Followed by Consolidation with ... patients will be randomly assigned to receive either one or three cycles of consolidation chemotherapy. Children with low-risk ... After the stem cells have been collected, they will be stored and then given again after the consolidation phase, to help the ...
Autologous bone marrow transplantation versus intensive consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia in childhood....
Treatment of children with AML in first remission with either autologous bone marrow transplantation or intensive chemotherapy ... We compared autologous bone marrow transplantation with intensive consolidation chemotherapy as treatments for children with ... Autologous bone marrow transplantation versus intensive consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia in childhood. ... The event-free survival at three years for the nonrandomized intensive-chemotherapy group was 39 +/- 5.1 percent, and for a ...
Myeloablative megatherapy with autologous stem-cell rescue versus oral maintenance chemotherapy as consolidation treatment in...
Myeloablative chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell transplantation improves the outcome for children with high-risk ... Myeloablative megatherapy with autologous stem-cell rescue versus oral maintenance chemotherapy as consolidation treatment in ... Interpretation: Myeloablative chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell transplantation improves the outcome for children with ... or to oral maintenance chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide (n=146). The primary endpoint was event-free survival. Secondary ...
Bone marrow transplantation versus high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia in...
Bone marrow transplantation versus high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia in ... cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy. Results:. After a median follow-up of 4 years, the actuarial risk of leukemic ... In this study we analyzed the results of one or more cycles of high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy as ... relapse was considerably lower in the transplant group than in the group treated with consolidation chemotherapy (32% +/- 26% v ...
The survival benefit of intensified full-dose XELOX chemotherapy concomitant to radiotherapy and then resting-period...
The intensified treatment paradigm of XELOX concurrent chemoradiation followed by one cycle of consolidation chemotherapy was ... of intensified full-dose XELOX chemotherapy concomitant to radiotherapy and then resting-period consolidation chemotherapy in ... The intensified treatment paradigm of XELOX concurrent chemoradiation followed by one cycle of consolidation chemotherapy was ... More News: Adenocarcinoma , Cancer , Cancer & Oncology , Chemotherapy , Eloxatin , Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy , ...
Multiple Myeloma Treated With Thalidomide Before Autotransplant or With Conventional Chemotherapy and as Consolidation...
Multiple Myeloma Treated With Thalidomide Before Autotransplant or With Conventional Chemotherapy and as Consolidation/ ... and in elderly patients in combination with conventional chemotherapy and as consolidation/maintenance therapy in young and ... Multiple Myeloma Treated With Thalidomide Before Autotransplant or With Conventional Chemotherapy and as Consolidation/ ... "Multiple Myeloma Treated With Thalidomide Before Autotransplant or With Conventional Chemotherapy and as Consolidation/ ...
Early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy significantly improves the outcome of children with intermediate risk acute...
Early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy significantly improves the outcome of children with intermediate risk acute ... Early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy significantly improves the outcome of children with intermediate risk acute ... Early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy significantly improves the outcome of children with intermediate risk acute ... LR-ALL patients were randomized to receive or not early consolidation chemotherapy (C-1). After receiving C-1, IR patients were ...
A Pilot Trial of Sequential Chemotherapy With Antimetabolite Induction, High-Dose Alkylating Agent Consolidation With...
A Pilot Trial of Sequential Chemotherapy With Antimetabolite Induction, High-Dose Alkylating Agent Consolidation With ... A Pilot Trial of Sequential Chemotherapy With Antimetabolite Induction, High-Dose Alkylating Agent Consolidation With ... as a chemotherapy backbone onto which a companion immunotherapy protocol will be offered.. An identical chemotherapy regimen ... Patients will then receive consolidation therapy with. three cycles of high-dose alkylating agents. First, patients will ...
Syed A. Abutalib, MD, and Nelli Bejanyan, MD, on Adult ALL and Consolidation Chemotherapy: Results From a CIBMTR Study - The...
ARO-021) Phase III Randomized Study of Crenolanib versus Midostaurin Administered Following Induction Chemotherapy and...
... consolidation chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation in newly diagnosed AML subjects with FLT3 mutation. About 510 ... designed to compare the efficacy of crenolanib with that of midostaurin when administered following induction chemotherapy, ... Study of Crenolanib vs Midostaurin Following Induction Chemotherapy and Consolidation Therapy in Newly Diagnosed FLT3 Mutated ... consolidation chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation in newly diagnosed AML subjects with FLT3 mutation. About 510 ...
Severe adverse impact on sexual functioning and fertility of bone marrow transplantation, either allogeneic or autologous,...
... and intensive consolidation chemotherapy (CCT). Assessment was made by patient questionnaire via the treating centers for ... compared with consolidation chemotherapy alone: analysis of the MRC AML 10 trial. ... and intensive consolidation chemotherapy (CCT). Assessment was made by patient questionnaire via the treating centers for ... compared with consolidation chemotherapy alone: analysis of the MRC AML 10 trial. ...
Consolidation treatments for acute myelogenous leukemia - Canadian Cancer Society
Consolidation treatment for AML is given soon after induction treatment to keep leukemia cells from coming back. Learn about ... Chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is the main consolidation treatment for AML. Chemotherapy is given soon after remission has been ... A targeted therapy drug called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor may be added to the consolidation chemotherapy regimen for people ... Consolidation treatments for acute myelogenous leukemia. Consolidation treatment is also called post-remission therapy. The ...
Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma
... chemotherapy is often the preferred method of treatment. Learn more about chemotherapy drugs used to treat multiple myeloma. ... Canadian Cancer Society: "Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma," "Consolidation therapy for multiple myeloma," "Induction therapy ... Other Drugs Given With Chemotherapy. Some medicines help chemotherapy drugs work better. For instance:. *Corticosteroids( ... Many people get chemotherapy in cycles. If the doctor decides this is right for you, youll get medicine for several days in a ...
Phase II Trial of Combined Modality Therapy With Concurrent Topotecan Plus Radiotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy...
Purpose: The optimal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy (RT) and the role of consolidation chemotherapy in patients ... N2 - Purpose: The optimal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy (RT) and the role of consolidation chemotherapy in ... AB - Purpose: The optimal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy (RT) and the role of consolidation chemotherapy in ... abstract = "Purpose: The optimal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy (RT) and the role of consolidation chemotherapy ...
Expert Video - What are induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML?
Sandra Kurtin, an expert on acute myeloid leukemia (AML), describes the induction and consolidation phases of chemotherapy ... Once the blast numbers are reduced, you have additional chemotherapy called "consolidation" to make sure the levels of these ... Expert Video - What are induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML?. Dr. ... The first phase of treatment is called induction chemotherapy. It is designed to eliminate the blasts, or abnormal cells, that ...
Primary CNS Lymphoma Treatment (PDQ®) (Health professionals) | OncoLink
Consolidation After Induction Chemotherapy. Several phase II studies have investigated consolidation with intensive ... Chemotherapy Alone. Trials using chemotherapy alone were justified because of the unsatisfactory results using WBRT alone, and ... the role of consolidation treatment after a complete response to high-dose methotrexate-based chemotherapy. Cancer 113 (5): ... Omuro A, Correa DD, DeAngelis LM, et al.: R-MPV followed by high-dose chemotherapy with TBC and autologous stem-cell transplant ...
Consolidation whole abdomen irradiation following adjuvant carboplatin-paclitaxel based chemotherapy for advanced uterine...
Chemotherapy consisted of 3 to 6 cycles of a platinum-paclitaxel regimen in 18 patients. WAI was delivered using conventional ... Consolidative WAI following chemotherapy is feasible and can be performed without interruption with manageable acute and late ... No grade 4 toxicities occurred during chemotherapy or radiotherapy. No radiation dose reduction was necessary. Three patients ... had favorable outcomes possibly meriting prospective evaluation of the addition of WAI following chemotherapy in selected ...
Adcetris - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses
Latest: FDA Approves Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin) in Combination with Chemotherapy for Adults with Previously Untreated ... Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma Consolidation. 1.8 mg/kg up to a maximum of 180 mg. Intravenous infusion over 30 minutes. Initiate ... cHL consolidation. Adcetris is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with cHL at high risk of relapse or progression as ... Table 10: Efficacy Results in Patients with Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma Post-auto-HSCT Consolidation (Study 3: AETHERA). * Not ...
Adcetris (Brentuximab Vedotin): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Table 10: Efficacy Results in Patients with Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma Post-auto-HSCT Consolidation (Study 3: AETHERA). ... 1.2 mg/kg up to a maximum of 120 mg in combination with chemotherapy. Intravenous infusion over 30 minutes. Administer every 2 ... Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma Consolidation. 1.8 mg/kg up to a maximum of 180 mg. Intravenous infusion over 30 minutes. Initiate ... cHL consolidation. ADCETRIS is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with cHL at high risk of relapse or progression as ...
Patient information - Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) - Consolidation 5-2 ida (cytarabine, idarubicin) | eviQ
Chemotherapy safety. *Learn how to keep you and your family safe while you are having anticancer drugs. ... Consolidation 5-2 ida (cytarabine, idarubicin). This treatment may be given for up to two cycles. Your doctor will advise you ... This treatment involves having chemotherapy through a central venous access device (CVAD). Your doctor or nurse will explain ... Ask your doctor or nurse for eviQ patient information - Memory changes and chemotherapy (chemo brain). ...
RemissionRadiotherapyPatientsMAINTENANCE CHEMOTHERAPYCytarabineChemoradiotherapyIntrathecalRegimenRelapseTherapyInduction and consolidationTransplantationCycles of consolidationSurvivalTreatmentDrugsLeukemiaRespond to chemotherapyDosesVersusRectal CancerDose chemotherapyMethotrexateTransplantSpinal cordRole of consolidation chemotherapyATRACombinationPhaseToxicityIntensificationCancerAdjuvant chemotherapy
- Drug treatment designed to further diminish the disease toward complete remission following INDUCTION CHEMOTHERAPY. (nih.gov)
- A 64-year-old man with acute myelogenous leukemia (FAB classification, M7) in remission received consolidation chemotherapy with mitoxantrone/cytosine arabinoside. (nih.gov)
- 1. To obtain preliminary data as to the efficacy (Complete Remission (CR), Complete remission with incomplete platelet recovery (CRp), Complete remission with incomplete hematologic recovery (CRi), and minimal residual disease (MRD) negative CR) of combining venetoclax with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Treatment of AML in Phase 1 part is composed of 3 periods of therapy: remission induction, consolidation, and maintenance. (centerwatch.com)
- We compared autologous bone marrow transplantation with intensive consolidation chemotherapy as treatments for children with AML in first remission. (nih.gov)
- Treatment of children with AML in first remission with either autologous bone marrow transplantation or intensive chemotherapy prolongs event-free survival equally. (nih.gov)
- In this study we analyzed the results of one or more cycles of high-dose cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy as compared with allogeneic BMT in first remission. (uni-bonn.de)
- The results in 28 adult patients, aged 16 to 45 years, who underwent a closely HLA-matched BMT for AML in first remission were compared with those in 54 consecutive, age-matched, adult patients treated with one or more cycles of high-dose, cytarabine-based consolidation chemotherapy. (uni-bonn.de)
- Our results show that BMT in first remission AML did not offer a disease-free survival advantage over intensive postremission consolidation chemotherapy. (uni-bonn.de)
- METHODS: A cross-sectional study of sexual health and infertility was conducted in 479 patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in first complete remission (CR) who were entered into the UK MRC AML 10 trial comparing allogeneic BMT (Allo-BMT), autologous BMT (A-BMT), and intensive consolidation chemotherapy (CCT). (ox.ac.uk)
- Consolidation treatment is also called post-remission therapy. (cancer.ca)
- Chemotherapy is given soon after remission has been reached (2-3 weeks after blood cell counts return to normal). (cancer.ca)
- Once your leukemia is in remission, the next phase of treatment is consolidation. (ahealthyme.com)
- Consolidation treatment was associated with very low toxicity and no deaths in remission were recorded. (bloodjournal.org)
- 2 (2) The best therapy results, in terms of complete remission (CR) and disease-free survival (DFS), have been obtained using ATRA and chemotherapy for remission induction. (bloodjournal.org)
- Chemotherapy and adequate supportive care results in complete remission rates of about 98% for children and 85% for adults. (news-medical.net)
- Common regimens for consolidation in childhood ALL include high dose methotrexate with mercaptopurine, high dose asparaginase over an extended period and a repetition of the initial induction therapy in the first few months of remission. (news-medical.net)
- The treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is divided into two phases: remission induction and consolidation/maintenance. (texasoncology.com)
- Remission induction chemotherapy is administered to produce a complete remission in the bone marrow. (texasoncology.com)
- To prevent recurrence of leukemia, intensive therapy, called consolidation, is given immediately after recovery from remission induction therapy. (texasoncology.com)
- Patients with newly diagnosed AML who achieve a complete remission following remission induction therapy have historically been advised to receive consolidation treatment with either high-dose chemotherapy supported by an allogeneic HLA-matched sibling stem cell transplant, high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant, or conventional-dose chemotherapy delivered without stem cell support. (texasoncology.com)
- Of the 65 patients achieving the first complete remission from 1992 to 1997, 33 patients were treated with 3 courses of consolidation chemotherapies and 32 with the stem cell transplantation . (bvsalud.org)
- These data demonstrate that the stem cell transplantation results in better leukemia -free survival than the consolidation chemotherapy for patients with APL in the first complete remission because of lower risk of relapse . (bvsalud.org)
- Thirty seven of them (74%) went into complete remission (CR) and they all then received two consecutive courses of consolidation chemotherapy consisting of cytosine arabinoside 500 mg/m 2 per day by 1 h i.v, infusion every 12 h for 4 days (total eight doses) and mitoxantrone 12 mg/m 2 daily by 30 min i.v. infusion for 3 days. (hku.hk)
- Treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with chemotherapy may be classified into two phases: induction of remission and post-remission therapy. (news-medical.net)
- Once complete remission is achieved, post remission therapy is started and it involves consolidation therapy and maintenance. (news-medical.net)
- While induction chemotherapy aims to lower the number of AML cells, the main aim of post remission therapy is to prevent disease recurrence. (news-medical.net)
- The goal of chemotherapy is to damage or kill cancer cells so there's either no sign of illness (remission) or the disease's progress is slowed. (lls.org)
- Chemotherapy can produce long-term remission or outright cure for many persons, depending on the cancer type and its extent. (lls.org)
- Post-remission therapy of adult acute myeloid leukemia: high dose cytosine-arabinoside versus other consolidation regimens/Konsolidaciona terapija akutne mijeloidne leukemije: visoke doze citozinarabinozida naspram drugih konsolidacionih rezima sa citozin-arabinozidom. (thefreelibrary.com)
- ATRA alone can often put APL into remission, but combining it with chemotherapy (usually daunorubicin and cytarabine) gives better long-term results. (cancer.org)
- Remission induction therapy uses chemotherapy to kill the existing leukemia cells in your body. (healthline.com)
- Consolidation therapy, which is also known as post-remission therapy, is crucial for keeping AML in remission and preventing a relapse. (healthline.com)
- The customary treatment for AML involves an initial "induction" phase that uses a combination of chemotherapy agents to put the disease into a first remission. (bio-medicine.org)
- When should patients receive consolidation chemotherapy before allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission? (lww.com)
- After the disease is in remission, they are then given consolidation therapy. (mskcc.org)
- More than 3 decades ago, the first trials of autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation as consolidation therapy for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in first remission were conducted. (ascopost.com)
- Although in remission, Leukemia cells can "hide" in your blood stream even after chemotherapy. (caringbridge.org)
- The goals of induction therapy are to put your leukemia in remission and ensure you are healthy enough to go on to the next phase, consolidation therapy. (seattlecca.org)
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of consolidation radiotherapy (RT) in advanced-stage Hodgkin's disease (HD) with initial bulky sites after radiological complete remission (CR) or partial response (PR) with positron emission tomography-negative (metabolic CR) following standard chemotherapy (ABVD [Adriamycin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine]) six to eight cycles. (dovepress.com)
- OBJECTIVES: - Determine, preliminarily, the safety of incorporating arsenic trioxide (ATO) into cytarabine and daunorubicin hydrochloride-based consolidation therapy followed by tretinoin maintenance therapy in patients receiving induction tretinoin and daunorubicin hydrochloride with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) induced into remission with tretinoin and daunorubicin hydrochloride. (ichgcp.net)
- Once a remission has been achieved, more chemotherapy is given to try to prevent the leukaemia from returning (relapsing). (leukaemia.org.au)
- This is called post-remission or consolidation therapy. (leukaemia.org.au)
- Concurrent radiotherapy with cisplatin-based chemotherapy has become the standard treatment for patients with cervical cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Therefore, the investigators are going to perform the efficacy and safety study of postoperative concurrent paclitaxel/cisplatin chemotherapy and radiotherapy with consolidation chemotherapy in high-risk patients with early-stage cervical cancer following radical hysterectomy. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Purpose: The optimal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy (RT) and the role of consolidation chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) are unknown. (elsevier.com)
- Seung, SK & Ross, HJ 2009, ' Phase II Trial of Combined Modality Therapy With Concurrent Topotecan Plus Radiotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy for Unresectable Stage III and Selected Stage IV Non-Small-Lung Cancer ', International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics , vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 802-809. (elsevier.com)
- Before transplantation can take place, the person receiving the transplant will be given aggressive high-dose chemotherapy and radiotherapy to destroy any cancerous cells in their body. (news-medical.net)
- Additionally, chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy have shown the roles to improve oncologic outcomes by controlling local recurrence. (beds.ac.uk)
- So far, no reliable molecular or pathologic biomarkers to foster pathologic complete response (pCR), which means complete regression of the tumor after radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy, was identified. (beds.ac.uk)
- We suggest that high-dose MVP chemotherapy followed by an early response-adapted intensification strategy may be effective and minimize the number of patients who receive radiotherapy or ASCT in the early course of treatment. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- We analyzed the safety and feasibility of preoperative short-course radiotherapy (SCRT) followed by consolidation chemotherapy for patients with locally advanced rectal cancer (LARC). (researchsquare.com)
- PMID 6406037 , 1983 (1974-78) - "A randomized study of radiotherapy versus radiotherapy plus chemotherapy in stage I-II non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. (wikibooks.org)
- One hundred and thirteen patients who received radiotherapy (RT) as consolidation postchemotherapy (RT group) were compared to 79 patients who did not receive RT (non-RT group). (dovepress.com)
- In the study, adult patients under 60 years of age with newly-diagnosed FLT3-mutated acute myeloid leukemia (AML) who received the investigational compound PKC412 (midostaurin) plus standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy experienced a 23% improvement in overall survival (OS) (hazard ratio HR = 0. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Fatal subarachnoid hemorrhage has been reported to be associated with B. cereus sepsis, which developed at nadir following chemotherapy for leukemia patients. (nih.gov)
- Because of the aggressive clinical course of B. cereus sepsis, including the risk for subarachnoid hemorrhage, early treatment with effective antibiotics for B. cereus sepsis would be important in the management of leukemia patients after chemotherapy. (nih.gov)
- A standardized re-evaluation after consolidating chemotherapy will select patients who are candidates for organ-preservation. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- After neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy, patients will receive surgery followed by eight cycles of chemotherapy. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- After neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy, patients will receive three cycles of chemotherapy. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- A Study of ASP2215 in Combination With Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia. (centerwatch.com)
- SAN DIEGO, Dec. 03, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AGIO), a leader in the field of cellular metabolism to treat cancer and rare genetic diseases, today presented data from a Phase 1 study evaluating ivosidenib or enasidenib in combination with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy in patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and an isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)1 or IDH2 mutation. (tmcnet.com)
- These data demonstrate that combining full doses of standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy with ivosidenib or enasidenib is well tolerated and has the potential to provide benefit for AML patients in the frontline setting," said Eytan Stein, M.D., study investigator and attending physician in the leukemia service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. (tmcnet.com)
- The addition of an IDH inhibitor to induction and consolidation followed administration as single-agent maintenance therapy for patients with newly diagnosed AML will be evaluated further in a Phase 3 randomized study. (tmcnet.com)
- HOVON 150 AML/AMLSG 29-18 is an intergroup sponsored, global, registration-enabling trial combining ivosidenib or enasidenib with standard induction and consolidation chemotherapy followed by a maintenance therapy period in frontline AML patients with an IDH1 or IDH2 mutation, respectively. (tmcnet.com)
- As of the August 1, 2018 data cut-off, 60 newly diagnosed AML patients with mIDH1 received 500 mg of ivosidenib and standard induction chemotherapy (daunorubicin 60 mg/m2/day or idarubicin 12 mg/m2/day x 3 days with cytarabine 200 mg/m2/day x 7 days) and 93 newly diagnosed AML patients with mIDH2 received 100 mg of enasidenib and standard induction chemotherapy. (tmcnet.com)
- After induction, patients received up to four cycles of consolidation chemotherapy while continuing ivosidenib (n=28) or enasidenib (n=45). (tmcnet.com)
- Patients who achieved a complete response (CR) or a complete response with incomplete neutrophil or platelet recovery (CRi/CRp) after consolidation could continue taking single agent ivosidenib or enasidenib daily until the end of the study which is up to two years from the last patient dosed. (tmcnet.com)
- Patients will receive three cycles of chemotherapy (five if there is still residual tumor remaining after three cycles). (mskcc.org)
- Based on the results of the tumor marker tests, patients will be randomly assigned to receive either one or three cycles of consolidation chemotherapy. (mskcc.org)
- Patients may not have previously received chemotherapy or radiation therapy. (mskcc.org)
- Patients who had surgery to remove their cancer must begin induction chemotherapy within 4 weeks of the surgical procedure. (mskcc.org)
- of the remaining 343 patients, 232 were randomly assigned to receive six courses of intensive chemotherapy (117 patients) or autologous transplantation (115 patients). (nih.gov)
- Of the original 649 patients, 189, including 21 with Down's syndrome, were nonrandomly assigned to receive intensive chemotherapy. (nih.gov)
- The event-free survival at three years for the nonrandomized intensive-chemotherapy group was 39 +/- 5.1 percent, and for a contemporaneous group of patients each of whom received a histocompatible bone marrow transplant from a sibling, it was 52 +/- 8.0 percent. (nih.gov)
- Multiple Myeloma Treated With Thalidomide Before Autotransplant or With Conventional Chemotherapy and as Consolidation/Maintenance Treatment in Young and Elderly Patients : 3 Randomized Studies. (bioportfolio.com)
- multiple myeloma as induction treatment in young patients, with Dexamethasone before autotransplant, and in elderly patients in combination with conventional chemotherapy and as consolidation/maintenance therapy in young and elderly patients at plateau-phase. (bioportfolio.com)
- LR-ALL patients were randomized to receive or not early consolidation chemotherapy (C-1). (haematologica.org)
- After receiving C-1, IR patients were randomized to receive or not delayed consolidation chemotherapy (C-2). (haematologica.org)
- HR patients received C-1 and C-2 chemotherapy. (haematologica.org)
- Standard maintenance chemotherapy was administered to all patients for 2 years. (haematologica.org)
- For IR patients, EFS and OS were significantly improved in those receiving early and delayed consolidation (EFS 87% (74-88) vs. 52% (41-70), and OS 92% (87-97) vs. 61% (51-71)(p=0.036). (haematologica.org)
- Patients will then receive consolidation therapy with three cycles of high-dose alkylating agents. (knowcancer.com)
- For high-risk stage II and III patients, this chemotherapy regimen (without genetic manipulation of PBPCs) will serve as a chemotherapy backbone onto which a companion immunotherapy protocol will be offered. (knowcancer.com)
- An identical chemotherapy regimen will be offered to stage four patients as a backbone for a trial of retroviral transduction of the MDR1 and NeoR genes into harvested PBPCs. (knowcancer.com)
- Patients without progression underwent consolidation chemotherapy with etoposide and a platinum agent for one cycle followed by two cycles of docetaxel. (elsevier.com)
- Results: Of the 20 patients, 19 completed induction chemoradiotherapy and 13 completed consolidation. (elsevier.com)
- Adcetris is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with previously untreated Stage III or IV cHL, in combination with chemotherapy. (drugs.com)
- Adcetris is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with cHL at high risk of relapse or progression as post-autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (auto-HSCT) consolidation. (drugs.com)
- Adcetris is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with cHL after failure of auto-HSCT or after failure of at least two prior multi-agent chemotherapy regimens in patients who are not auto-HSCT candidates. (drugs.com)
- ZARXIO is indicated for reducing the time to neutrophil recovery and the duration of fever, following induction or consolidation chemotherapy treatment of patients with acute myeloid leukemia ( AML ) [see Clinical Studies ]. (rxlist.com)
- ZARXIO is indicated to reduce the duration of neutropenia and neutropenia-related clinical sequelae ‚ e.g.‚ febrile neutropenia, in patients with nonmyeloid malignancies undergoing myeloablative chemotherapy followed by bone marrow transplantation [see Clinical Studies ]. (rxlist.com)
- Patients in CR received 3 monthly chemotherapy courses: idarubicin 5 mg/m 2 /d × 4 (course no. 1), mitoxantrone 10 mg/m 2 /d × 5 (course no. 2), and idarubicin 12 mg/m 2 /d × 1 (course no. 3). (bloodjournal.org)
- Molecular assessment of response by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) showed conversion to PCR-negative in 48 of 99 (51%) and 82 of 88 patients (93%) after induction and consolidation, respectively. (bloodjournal.org)
- 120 days) on survival among patients with stage I to III breast cancer treated with surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy from 2010 to 2014. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplants are an alternative option in patients who do not respond to chemotherapy. (news-medical.net)
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapy. (naver.com)
- Patients currently receive one of these consolidation treatment strategies based on their perceptions of the outcomes associated with each treatment, the availability of an HLA-matched sibling stem cell donor, their physician's bias concerning the appropriateness of each treatment option, and the geographic availability of each treatment. (texasoncology.com)
- Patients under age 60 without an allogeneic donor were treated with either autologous stem cell transplantation, or non-stem cell supported conventional-dose chemotherapy consolidation. (texasoncology.com)
- The patients treated with allogeneic or autologous stem cell transplantation were more likely to be cured of their disease than the patients receiving conventional-dose consolidation chemotherapy. (texasoncology.com)
- Evaluation at 4 years from initial treatment revealed that patients treated with allogeneic stem cell transplantation had a 55% chance of being alive without evidence of disease recurrence and patients treated with autologous stem cell transplantation had a 48% chance of being alive without evidence of disease recurrence, compared to only 30% for patients treated with conventional-dose consolidation chemotherapy. (texasoncology.com)
- The objectives of this study were to evaluate long-term results of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) with 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin and the potential benefit of consolidation chemotherapy in patients with anal squamous cell carcinoma (ASCC). (beds.ac.uk)
- Nineteen patients (90.5%) completed all four courses of consolidation chemotherapy. (beds.ac.uk)
- No differences in 5-year OS and DFS rates between patients treated with CRT alone and CRT with consolidation chemotherapy was observed. (beds.ac.uk)
- We compared the leukemia -free survival and overall survival between APL patients receiving the consolidation chemotherapy and those undergoing the allogeneic or autologous stem cell transplantation following the high- dose anticancer therapy . (bvsalud.org)
- Several efforts have been tried to improve survival of patients who treated with neoadjuvant CRT and to achieve more pCR including adding cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents, chronologic modification of chemotherapy schedule or adding chemotherapy during the perioperative period. (beds.ac.uk)
- KONCLUDE trial aims to investigate whether consolidation chemotherapy shows better pCR and 3-year DFS than adjuvant chemotherapy alone for the patients who received neoadjuvant CRT for locally advanced rectal cancer. (beds.ac.uk)
- YUHSpace: Early response to high-dose methotrexate, vincristine, and procarbazine chemotherapy-adapted strategy for primary CNS lymphoma: no consolidation therapy for patients achieving early complete response. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- In this study, we investigated the treatment outcomes and prognostic factors of high-dose methotrexate, vincristine, and procarbazine (MVP) chemotherapy followed by an interim response-adapted intensification strategy in immunocompetent patients with PCNSL. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- Ten (25 %) patients who achieved complete response (CR) in the interim analysis did not receive any additional consolidation treatment after completion of planned high-dose MVP chemotherapy. (yonsei.ac.kr)
- Patients achieving a complete response (CR) were given an attenuated consolidation course. (edu.au)
- Purpose: A phase II trial was conducted to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy and safety profiles of frontline concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) plus consolidation chemotherapy for patients with stage I/II nasal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma (NKTCL). (ncku.edu.tw)
- Results: Thirty-three patients received CCRT, and 29 patients received two cycles of consolidation DVIP after CCRT. (ncku.edu.tw)
- Age of patients and number of courses of induction chemotherapy to achieve CR were significant factors predicting DFS. (hku.hk)
- Ten patients had prolonged marrow suppression following consolidation chemotherapy. (hku.hk)
- From April 2018 to May 2019, 19 patients with LACR were treated with SCRT followed by three cycles of consolidation chemotherapy with leucovorin, fluorouracil, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX6) before surgery. (researchsquare.com)
- Five patients required dose reductions in consolidation chemotherapy. (researchsquare.com)
- Preoperative SCRT followed by oxaliplatin-based consolidation chemotherapy showed acceptable toxicity and feasibility in patients with LARC. (researchsquare.com)
- In case of younger patients, key options for consolidation therapy are (a) multiple cycles of high-intensity chemotherapy using cytarabine and (b) allogeneic or autologous stem cell transplant. (news-medical.net)
- The progress in treatment and survival for patients with blood cancers is largely due to the development of chemotherapy drugs over the past 40 years. (lls.org)
- The efficacy and safety of lenalidomide (LEN) consolidation therapy and subsequent LEN maintenance therapy after high-dose therapy with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (auto-PBSCT) were evaluated in patients with newly diagnosed symptomatic multiple myeloma (MM). Forty-one patients were enrolled and received high-dose dexamethasone (DEX) therapy as an initial induction. (springer.com)
- One hundred days after auto-PBSCT, patients received consolidation therapy consisting two cycles of LEN plus low-dose DEX (Ld) and LEN maintenance therapy. (springer.com)
- These observations suggest that LEN consolidation and maintenance therapy are effective and safe, and provide favorable response rates in patients with MM. (springer.com)
- The objective of this study was to compare the survival rate and the relapse rate among the patients who received HDAC during consolidation therapy and among the patients who did not receive HDAC during consolidation therapy. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The introduction of all- trans retinoic acid (ATRA) therapy resulted in terminal differentiation of APL cells and a 90-95% CR rate in patients ( 1 , 4 ), and subsequent combination of ATRA with chemotherapy raised the 5-year disease-free survival (DFS) rate up to 74% ( 5 ). (pnas.org)
- In a previous study with a median follow-up of 18 months, we randomized patients to receive either ATRA or ATO singly, or ATRA/ATO-based regimens incorporating chemotherapy treatment as a frontline therapy for new APL cases. (pnas.org)
- The first phase of treatment, called induction chemotherapy, requires that patients remain in the hospital for approximately four weeks. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Once patients have completed intensive chemotherapy, they need to take oral chemotherapy pills for an additional 18 to 24 months. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Patients need to have their blood tests checked once a month while taking chemotherapy pills. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Patients are routinely given six or more injections of intrathecal chemotherapy to prevent recurrence of ALL. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Patients begin taking them during induction chemotherapy and continue indefinitely. (ucsfhealth.org)
- The chemotherapy and/or radiation given to patients as part of a stem cell transplant. (bcm.edu)
- A method of treating patients with repetitive, low doses of chemotherapy drugs over a longer period of time. (bcm.edu)
- Skeletal Muscle Loss during Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Is an Independent Risk Factor for Postoperative Infectious Complications in Patients with Advanced Esophageal Cancer. (bioportfolio.com)
- The purpose of this study is to determine whether docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine (DCX) are effective as the neoadjuvant chemotherapy before esophagectomy in patients with loco-regi. (bioportfolio.com)
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the outcomes of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by minimally invasive esophagectomy on patients with locally. (bioportfolio.com)
- A CR was achieved in 100% of patients with R/R HCL treated with the chemotherapy-free combination of vemurafenib plus rituximab. (clinicaloptions.com)
- Prior to the wide use and adaptability to PET scans, most patients underwent consolidative RT or high-dose chemotherapy and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (auto-HSCT) after completion of systemic therapy. (medscape.com)
- Several reports have suggested inferior survival in patients with DLBCL who have residual PET scan positivity at the end of chemotherapy and other studies have shown that patients who have a positive interim PET scan (after 2-4 cycles of therapy) predict higher risk of subsequent relapse. (medscape.com)
- Further, when PET-positive patients received RT consolidation, no significant difference in outcome was observed between PET-positive and PET-negative patients, suggesting that some patients can avoid undergoing RT when PET is used to guide therapy. (medscape.com)
- Patients with standard risk receive further consolidation and reinduction chemotherapy. (centerwatch.com)
- Patients with acute leukemia who initially survive invasive fungal disease must receive chemotherapy or go on to transplant. (haematologica.org)
- Patients with invasive fungal disease, even though they initially survive, undergo significant changes to their chemotherapy therapy. (haematologica.org)
- Any change in a chemotherapy protocol (delaying courses, dose reduction, or changing the drugs) may impact on the prognosis of acute leukemia patients.13,14 Despite many data on the mortality rates of invasive fungal diseases in hematology patients, there has been no study which looks at their impact in survivors of the event on the application of the acute leukemia chemotherapy regimen which had been initially planned. (haematologica.org)
- The objectives of this study were to assess the impact of invasive fungal diseases on the application of chemotherapy regimens in patients with acute leukemia surviving invasive fungal diseases, and the possible impact of these changes on the event-free (EFS) and overall survival (OS). (haematologica.org)
- All acute leukemia patients aged 60 years or under were housed in laminar-air flow (LAF) rooms during the chemotherapy courses with an expected neutropenia of over ten days. (haematologica.org)
- All patients had a probable or proven invasive fungal disease, were treated within or according to a given protocol of chemotherapy, survived at least four weeks after the invasive fungal disease diagnosis, and were not transplanted, either because they had no indication of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) or they had no donor. (haematologica.org)
- The patients without progression after induction chemotherapy received apatinib 250 mg per day until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity occurred. (springer.com)
- 2002 ). Patients with lower pretreatment circulating VEGF levels were more likely to respond to chemotherapy compared to those with higher levels of VEGF (Salven et al. (springer.com)
- The survival advantage conferred by adding oxaliplatin to adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil (5-FU) in stage III colon cancer, as previously shown in patients in randomized controlled trials, extends to patients in the general population, including older and minority group patients and those. (ascopost.com)
- some of the patients had also received consolidation chemotherapy or stem-cell transplants. (medscape.com)
- PRINCETON, N.J.--( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has expanded the indication for Sprycel ® (dasatinib) tablets to include the treatment of pediatric patients one year of age and older with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in combination with chemotherapy. (businesswire.com)
- The efficacy of Sprycel tablets in combination with chemotherapy was evaluated in a single cohort of the Phase 2, multicenter, single-arm CA180-372 study, which included 78 pediatric patients with newly diagnosed B-cell precursor Ph+ ALL. (businesswire.com)
- This randomized phase II / III trial studies how well combination chemotherapy with or without rituximab works in treating younger patients with stage III-IV non-Hodgkin lymphoma or B-cell acute leukemia. (cancer.gov)
- It is not yet known whether combination chemotherapy together with rituximab is more effective in treating patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma or B-cell acute leukemia. (cancer.gov)
- Risk-directed therapy included recommending allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (allo-HSCT) for high-risk patients and chemotherapy/autologous-HSCT (auto-HSCT) for low-risk patients. (bloodjournal.org)
- Among 116 eligible patients, MRD status after the second consolidation rather than induction or first consolidation could discriminate high-risk relapse patients ( P = .001). (bloodjournal.org)
- disease-free survival [DFS]: 61.7% vs 19.6%, P = .001), whereas chemotherapy/auto-HSCT achieved a low relapse rate (5.3%) and high DFS (94.7%) for low-risk patients. (bloodjournal.org)
- The results of our study suggest that consolidation RT in patients with advanced-stage HD with initial bulky disease who had postchemotherapy radiologic CR or PR with metabolic CR improved the DFS. (dovepress.com)
- Giving alisertib alone or with chemotherapy and radiation therapy may be effective in treating patients with rhabdoid tumors. (cancer.gov)
- This portion of the treatment is less toxic and is usually much easier to tolerate then the induction and consolidation phases.Most patients will receive oral doses of mercaptopuine (6-MP) every evening and weekly oral methetrexate. (caringbridge.org)
- PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying how well giving combination chemotherapy works in treating patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia. (ichgcp.net)
- Patients are evaluated between days 60-67 and proceed to consolidation therapy. (ichgcp.net)
- Consolidation therapy: Patients receive cytarabine IV continuously on days 1-3, daunorubicin hydrochloride IV on days 1-3, and arsenic trioxide IV over 1-2 hours once daily, 5 days a week, beginning on day 8 and continuing for 6 weeks. (ichgcp.net)
- It helps to consolidate the gains during induction chemotherapy and may be followed by MAINTENANCE CHEMOTHERAPY. (nih.gov)
- We aimed to assess whether megatherapy with autologous stem-cell transplantation could increase event-free survival and overall survival compared with maintenance chemotherapy. (nih.gov)
- 1 year old) were randomly assigned to myeloablative megatherapy (melphalan, etoposide, and carboplatin) with autologous stem-cell transplantation (n=149) or to oral maintenance chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide (n=146). (nih.gov)
- The role of maintenance chemotherapy in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer. (naver.com)
- They were followed by maintenance chemotherapy with cytosine arabinoside and thioguanine 2 monthly. (hku.hk)
- In this research study, the investigators are combining the use of venetoclax (the investigational drug being studied) with chemotherapy drugs daunorubicin and cytarabine. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The purpose of phase 1 part in this study is to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and/or recommended expansion dose (RED) of ASP2215 concomitant with cytarabine/idarubicin as induction chemotherapy based on the status of the onset of dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) in newly diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) subjects. (centerwatch.com)
- Phase 1 part will also evaluate safety and tolerability and characterize the pharmacokinetic (PK) parameters of ASP2215 concomitant with induction and consolidation chemotherapy as well as evaluate the PK parameters of cytarabine concomitant with ASP2215. (centerwatch.com)
- The drug used in intrathecal chemotherapy is methotrexate or cytarabine. (cancer.ca)
- The Spanish PETHEMA group designed a protocol for newly diagnosed PML/RAR-positive acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) in which induction and consolidation followed the original AIDA regimen, except for the omission of cytarabine and etoposide from consolidation. (bloodjournal.org)
- 3) The additional benefit, if any, provided by cytarabine administered in induction and/or in consolidation remains unclear. (bloodjournal.org)
- In fact, although randomized trials comparing different chemotherapy induction regimens in APL have not been performed, the inclusion of cytarabine in addition to daunorubicin, with or without other chemotherapy agents (eg, thioguanine, etoposide), does not appear to significantly affect disease outcome, 10 nor does it seem to provide better results than those obtained with high-dose daunorubicin 11-14 or idarubicin alone. (bloodjournal.org)
- This trial is looking at using liposomal daunorubicin, mitoxantrone, fludarabine and cytarabine to improve chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- High dose cytarabine (HD Ara-C) is one of the standard treatments that doctors use for consolidation chemotherapy. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- They think that the combination of fludarabine and cytarabine might work better as consolidation chemotherapy than HD Ara-C for people who have standard risk of their leukaemia coming back. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- They need CNS prophylaxis in the form of cranial irradiation (less commonly used now), intrathecal (methotrexate, cytarabine, steroids) and high-dose systemic chemotherapy (methotrexate, cytarabine, L-asparaginase). (news-medical.net)
- In terms of drugs, the key difference between consolidation chemotherapy and induction chemotherapy is that in induction therapy cytarabine and anthracycline are used, while in consolidation only cytarabine is used. (news-medical.net)
- They may be treated with low intensity chemotherapy usually involving 1 to 2 cycles of cytarabine or 1 to 2 cycles of standard dose cytarabine usually along with daunorubicin or idarubicin. (news-medical.net)
- This is usually similar to induction, using both ATRA and chemotherapy (daunorubicin, sometimes along with cytarabine). (cancer.org)
- The injection is a form of chemotherapy called ARAC (Cytarabine). (caringbridge.org)
- This trial is to assess the efficacy and feasibility of consolidation chemotherapy after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced mid or low rectal cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Conclusion: Pemetrexed-cisplatin combined with TRT followed by consolidation pemetrexed was not superior to standard chemoradiotherapy for stage III unresectable nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer. (elsevier.com)
- The purpose of the study was to test a null hypothesis that a combined modality treatment of esophageal cancer with neoadjuvant chemotherapy or chemoradiotherapy is equivalent to surgery a. (bioportfolio.com)
- If the leukemia has spread to the CNS, treatment may include chemotherapy given directly into the spinal fluid (called intrathecal chemotherapy). (cancer.ca)
- Radiation therapy is sometimes given to the brain and spinal cord along with intrathecal chemotherapy. (cancer.ca)
- This is called intrathecal chemotherapy. (ucsfhealth.org)
- CNS therapy is given as intrathecal chemotherapy, where drugs are given directly into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) around the spinal cord. (cancer.ca)
- The same needle can be used to insert medicines to prevent or treat leukemia in the brain or spinal cord (intrathecal chemotherapy). (chop.edu)
- APL rarely spreads to the brain or spinal cord, so intrathecal chemotherapy is usually not needed. (cancer.org)
- This process is called intrathecal chemotherapy. (mskcc.org)
- Chemotherapy, usually with methotrexate, is also given into the spinal fluid (known as intrathecal chemo) for at least 4 doses, each separated by a week. (cancer.org)
- A targeted therapy drug called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor may be added to the consolidation chemotherapy regimen for people with leukemia cells that have a certain genetic mutation called FLT3. (cancer.ca)
- The duration of ZARXIO therapy needed to attenuate chemotherapy-induced neutropenia may be dependent on the myelosuppressive potential of the chemotherapy regimen employed. (rxlist.com)
- The main cause of deaths was relapse in the consolidation chemotherapy group. (bvsalud.org)
- Studies have shown that stem cell transplants are more effective than chemotherapy in reducing the risk of disease relapse. (news-medical.net)
- To prevent relapse at this location, chemotherapy must be injected directly into the fluid that bathes the spinal column. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Treatment designed to help prevent a relapse of a disease following the successful primary treatments (INDUCTION CHEMOTHERAPY and CONSOLIDATION CHEMOTHERAPY) with a long-term low-dose drug therapy. (bioportfolio.com)
- Even though most of the cancer was killed in the Induction phase, without further chemotherapy Josh would quickly relapse. (caringbridge.org)
- A bone marrow transplant, also known as a stem cell transplant, may be used as consolidation therapy in people at high risk of relapse or for treating relapse when it occurs. (mayoclinic.org)
- In addition, it is not yet known whether chemotherapy and radiation therapy are more effective when given with consolidation chemotherapy in treating cervical cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- 1. Subjects who are not considered to be candidates to complete the consolidation therapy due to medical or psychological reasons. (knowcancer.com)
- Phase 2 cohort will also evaluate safety and characterize the PK parameters of ASP2215 in combination with induction and consolidation therapy followed by maintenance therapy in newly diagnosed FLT3-mutated AML subjects. (centerwatch.com)
- Children with low-risk medulloblastoma will all receive a single cycle of consolidation therapy. (mskcc.org)
- You may be offered a stem cell transplant for consolidation therapy for AML. (cancer.ca)
- Consolidation (intensification) therapy. (ahealthyme.com)
- In consolidation phase Imatinib (a tyrosine kinase inhibitor) has also been used as a single agent or part of combination therapy. (news-medical.net)
- Prolongation of progression-free survival and overall survival have been reported with consolidation therapy after first-line chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer, but only a few pharmacoeconomic analyses have been performed. (naver.com)
- We performed a pharmacoeconomic analysis to assess the cost-effectiveness of consolidation therapy with pemetrexed compared with non-consolidation therapy. (naver.com)
- We developed a Markov model to evaluate the incremental cost-effectiveness ratio (ICER) of consolidation therapy with pemetrexed compared with non-consolidation therapy based on previous reports. (naver.com)
- The ICER for consolidation therapy with pemetrexed was about US$ 109,024/life years gained (LYG) (JPY 12.5 million/LYG) and US$ 203,022/quality-adjusted life years (QALY) (JPY 23.3 million/QALY) for all histology. (naver.com)
- This result indicates that it is difficult to use consolidation therapy as the standard of care in Japan while being covered by general medical insurance. (naver.com)
- The more intensive the chemotherapy and the closer together the courses of therapy are given, the less chance the leukemia has of returning. (texasoncology.com)
- Consolidation therapy can be accomplished with multiple courses of chemotherapy or high-dose chemotherapy with autologous or allogeneic stem cell transplantation. (texasoncology.com)
- Despite the initial choice of consolidation therapy, it is important to determine the availability of a marrow or stem cell donor as soon as possible following the initial diagnosis of AML. (texasoncology.com)
- The phase III PROCLAIM study evaluated overall survival (OS) of concurrent pemetrexed-cisplatin and thoracic radiation therapy (TRT) followed by consolidation pemetrexed, versus etoposide-cisplatin and TRT followed by nonpemetrexed doublet consolidation therapy. (elsevier.com)
- In conclusion, despite the significant myelosuppression observed, overall improvement in treatment outcome was not demonstrable with the use of this intensive consolidation therapy. (hku.hk)
- Bortezomib with thalidomide plus dexamethasone compared with thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction therapy before, and consolidation therapy after, double autologous stem-cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: a randomised phase 3 study. (qxmd.com)
- Consolidation therapy involves intensive chemotherapy given right after recovery from induction. (news-medical.net)
- Today's treatments for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma sometimes combine chemotherapy with radiation therapy. (lls.org)
- High-dose therapy with single autologous transplantation versus chemotherapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. (springer.com)
- Also called consolidation or intensification therapy. (nccn.org)
- Treatment may involve some combination of chemotherapy , radiation therapy , targeted therapy , and bone marrow transplant , in addition to supportive care and palliative care as needed. (wikipedia.org)
- Treatment for recurrent childhood ALL usually includes giving induction chemotherapy again (called reinduction therapy). (cancer.ca)
- It is followed by consolidation and maintenance therapy. (cancer.ca)
- ATRA plus ATO is also being studied as an option for consolidation therapy. (cancer.org)
- The goal of consolidation therapy is to destroy any remaining leukemia cells. (healthline.com)
- These are induction therapy, consolidation therapy and symptom control. (macmillan.org.uk)
- Induction therapy includes chemotherapy, targeted therapies and steroids. (macmillan.org.uk)
- Consolidation therapy is high-dose treatment and a stem cell transplant. (macmillan.org.uk)
- What is the role of consolidation therapy in the treatment of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma (PMBCL)? (medscape.com)
- Others may need chemotherapy as part of their consolidation therapy. (mskcc.org)
- After consolidation therapy, people with high-risk disease may stay on maintenance therapy for a few years to keep the cancer from coming back. (mskcc.org)
- This therapy is given intermittently and combines ATRA and low-dose chemotherapy. (mskcc.org)
- The study evaluates the efficacy and tolerability of an intensified induction and consolidation therapy. (centerwatch.com)
- 1999 ), maintenance therapy, and consolidation chemotherapy (Rossi et al. (springer.com)
- However, a phase II trial of sorafenib in conjunction with chemotherapy as maintenance therapy in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer showed that combination therapy has significant toxicity at current dose levels and is associated with disappointing efficacy data (Sharma et al. (springer.com)
- Chemotherapy, which uses drugs to kill cancer cells, is typically used as an induction therapy for children and adults with acute lymphocytic leukemia. (mayoclinic.org)
- Targeted therapy may be used during or after chemotherapy. (mayoclinic.org)
- After the chemotherapy (and maybe radiation therapy), you might get a day or 2 to rest. (ahealthyme.com)
- If it is not feasible to attempt aggressive therapy, reasonable control of the disease for a short period may be obtained with low dose chemotherapy. (leukaemia.org.au)
Induction and consolidation5
- In the expansion part of Phase 1 part, a maximum of 3 subjects will receive ASP2215 at RED that has been recommended in the dose-evaluation part and the safety will be assessed based on the onset of DLTs during Cycle 1 of the induction and consolidation periods. (centerwatch.com)
- What are induction and consolidation chemotherapy for AML? (youandaml.com)
- Dr. Sandra Kurtin, an expert on acute myeloid leukemia ( AML ), describes the induction and consolidation phases of chemotherapy treatment for this disease. (youandaml.com)
- Except for those with mature-B ALL who receive short-term intensive chemotherapy, treatment for ALL typically consists of two phases of induction and consolidation. (news-medical.net)
- The closer together induction and consolidation are given, the lesser the chance of leukemia recurrence. (news-medical.net)
- Autologous bone marrow transplantation versus intensive consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia in childhood. (nih.gov)
- 0.001) but a higher rate of treatment-related mortality (15 percent vs. 2.7 percent, P = 0.005) in the group treated with autologous transplantation than in the intensive-chemotherapy group. (nih.gov)
- Myeloablative chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell transplantation improves the outcome for children with high-risk neuroblastoma despite the raised risk of treatment-associated death. (nih.gov)
- A phase III randomized multi-center study designed to compare the efficacy of crenolanib with that of midostaurin when administered following induction chemotherapy, consolidation chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation in newly diagnosed AML subjects with FLT3 mutation. (roswellpark.org)
- About 510 subjects will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to receive either crenolanib in addition to standard first line treatment of AML (chemotherapy and if eligible, transplantation) (arm A) or midostaurin and standard treatment (arm B). Potentially eligible subjects will be registered and tested for the presence of FLT3 mutation. (roswellpark.org)
- Severe adverse impact on sexual functioning and fertility of bone marrow transplantation, either allogeneic or autologous, compared with consolidation chemotherapy alone: analysis of the MRC AML 10 trial. (ox.ac.uk)
- Stem cell transplantation is used to intensify the chemotherapies and radiotherapies as it replaces destroyed stem cells. (news-medical.net)
- The role of stem cell transplantation in APL has to be determined in comparison with that of consolidation chemotherapy . (bvsalud.org)
- The treatment -related mortalities of the groups were 0% in chemotherapy group and 14.3% in transplantation group. (bvsalud.org)
- It can be risky due to the high intensity chemotherapy or radiation given prior to stem cell transplantation. (news-medical.net)
- Very high dose chemotherapy followed by stem cell transplantation can also be used. (lls.org)
- A prospective, randomized trial of autologous bone marrow transplantation and chemotherapy in multiple myeloma: intergroupe francais du myeloma. (springer.com)
- Phase I/II study of tandem high-dose chemotherapy with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for advanced multiple myeloma. (springer.com)
- Causes of neutropenia include chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation. (wikipedia.org)
Cycles of consolidation1
- They will be randomized and assigned to undergo TME followed by 8 cycles of adjuvant chemotherapy (control arm) or receive 3 cycles of consolidation chemotherapy before TME, and receive 5 cycles of adjuvant chemotherapy (experimental arm). (beds.ac.uk)
- In addition, paclitaxel/cisplatin combination chemotherapy was demonstrated to have superior progression-free survival than platinum alone in some phase Ⅱ studies. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- our study shows that CRT with 5-FU and cisplatin, with or without consolidation chemotherapy, was well tolerated and proved highly encouraging in terms of long-term survival and the preservation of anal function in ASCC. (beds.ac.uk)
- Around 1980, several small trials demonstrated that adding chemotherapy after RT improved survival. (wikibooks.org)
- 2002 ). To improve the survival outcome, a number of therapeutic approaches have been tried, such as dose dense chemotherapy (Masutani et al. (springer.com)
- In the study, Sprycel plus chemotherapy demonstrated a three-year event-free survival benefit. (businesswire.com)
- This research study is studying the combination of venetoclax and chemotherapy as a possible treatment for acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Conclusions: The intensified treatment paradigm of XELOX concurrent chemoradiation followed by one cycle of consolidation chemotherapy was well tolerated in our cohort and provided a promising long-term oncologic outcome, which warranted further investigation in a randomize trails. (medworm.com)
- The goal of consolidation treatment for acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) is to prevent leukemia cells from coming back. (cancer.ca)
- Chemotherapy is the main consolidation treatment for AML. (cancer.ca)
- Chemotherapy is treatment with cancer -fighting drugs . (webmd.com)
- Your doctor may use chemotherapy as your main treatment, or you may have it before you have a stem cell transplant. (webmd.com)
- The first phase of treatment is called induction chemotherapy . (youandaml.com)
- Primary central nervous system (CNS) lymphoma treatment options include radiation, chemotherapy, and corticosteroids. (oncolink.org)
- This treatment involves having chemotherapy through a central venous access device (CVAD). (eviq.org.au)
- Chemotherapy is the main treatment for nearly all people with acute lymphocytic leukemia (AML). (ahealthyme.com)
- If the first treatment with chemotherapy doesn't work, your doctor may advise another type of chemotherapy. (ahealthyme.com)
- If you get chemotherapy, you will likely meet with a hematologist/oncologist before treatment starts. (ahealthyme.com)
- Treatment for AML carried out in two stages - the initial stage or induction stage to kill the leukemia cells of the bone marrow and the consolidation stage to kill any remaining leukemia cells that may be present in the body. (news-medical.net)
- Treatment involves receiving regular injections of chemotherapy medication. (news-medical.net)
- The consolidation phase of treatment lasts several months. (news-medical.net)
- Potential treatment opinions after first-line chemotherapy for advanced NSCLC: maintenance treatment or early second-line? (naver.com)
- The following is a general overview of the treatment of the consolidation treatment options for acute myeloid leukemia. (texasoncology.com)
- We recently proposed that retrograde amnesia does not result from a disruption of the consolidation/reconsolidation processes but rather to the integration of the internal state induced by the amnesic treatment within the initial memory. (frontiersin.org)
- The length of the consolidation period was thus defined by the time after which the administration of the treatment no longer affected the retention performance. (frontiersin.org)
- Determining the best treatment option for consolidation is not easy and each approach has its own pros and cons. (news-medical.net)
- Most people stay in the hospital during treatment because chemotherapy also kills healthy cells, raising your risk for infection and abnormal bleeding. (healthline.com)
- The second stage of treatment, called "consolidation," is undertaken with the goal to cure the disease. (bio-medicine.org)
- Addition of rituximab to CHOP-like chemotherapy in first line treatment of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma. (medscape.com)
- 1991 ). The main cause of treatment failure is rapid recurrence and resistance to second-line chemotherapy (Schiller et al. (springer.com)
- We concluded that MRD status after the second consolidation may be the best timing for treatment choice. (bloodjournal.org)
- In general, all children with non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) are treated with chemotherapy (chemo), but the exact treatment differs depending on the type and stage of the lymphoma. (cancer.org)
- Therefore, chemotherapy is an important part of treatment for all children with NHL. (cancer.org)
- Chemotherapy (chemo) is the main form of treatment for these lymphomas. (cancer.org)
- Studies are now being done to determine whether adding a monoclonal antibody such as rituximab to chemotherapy will make treatment more effective. (cancer.org)
- Studies are being done to determine whether adding other drugs to chemotherapy might make treatment more effective. (cancer.org)
- Treatment for these lymphomas usually consists of chemotherapy with 4 or more drugs given for about 3 to 6 months. (cancer.org)
- He received a week off from chemotherapy before he started his next phase of treatment so he could increase his blood counts and strengthen his immune system. (caringbridge.org)
- On Thursday, July 12 he started the Consolidation phase of his treatment. (caringbridge.org)
- He will get the standard chemotherapy that is treated the same way throughout the country, plus additonal treatment and drugs that are part of this study to further the research to lower the risk of the cancer coming back. (caringbridge.org)
- In this type of treatment, chemotherapy drugs are often injected directly into the fluid that covers the spinal cord. (mayoclinic.org)
- Chemotherapy is the main form of treatment for AML. (leukaemia.org.au)
- The investigators are looking to determine the highest dose of venetoclax that can be given safely in combination with these chemotherapy drugs. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- A device surgically implanted beneath the scalp that is used to deliver chemotherapy drugs directly into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) around the brain and spinal cord. (cancer.ca)
- Some medicines help chemotherapy drugs work better. (webmd.com)
- Corticosteroids ( steroids ) like dexamethasone and prednisone help chemotherapy drugs kill more myeloma cells. (webmd.com)
- Chemotherapy is the use of potent drugs or chemicals, often in combinations or intervals, to kill or damage cancer cells in the body. (lls.org)
- Chemotherapy drugs are often called anticancer agents. (lls.org)
- All chemotherapy drugs interfere with cancer cells' ability to grow or multiply. (lls.org)
- That's why it's essential that the disease be accurately diagnosed: Certain chemotherapy drugs are used only for certain disease cell types. (lls.org)
- Both new chemotherapy drugs and new ways to attack cancer cells continue to emerge as research progresses. (lls.org)
- Many chemotherapy drugs attack cancer cells by interacting with the cancer cell's DNA or RNA (genetic makeup). (lls.org)
- Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as carboplatin and paclitaxel, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells either by killing the cells, by stopping them from dividing, or by stopping them from spreading. (swedish.org)
- Some doctors believe it may be related to exposure to certain chemicals, radiation , and even drugs used for chemotherapy . (healthline.com)
- Its intensity can be reduced by steroids, chemotherapy, proteasome inhibitors, immunomodulatory drugs such as thalidomide or lenalidomide, and stem cell transplants. (newsmaker.com.au)
- This typically means getting a combination of chemotherapy drugs in the hospital for about a week. (seattlecca.org)
- Chemotherapy is given in 3 phases (induction, consolidation, and maintenance) using many chemo drugs. (cancer.org)
- It is given as 3 phases of chemotherapy (induction, consolidation, and maintenance) using many drugs, and it lasts for about 2 years. (cancer.org)
- Chemotherapy drugs can also be used in the consolidation and maintenance phases. (mayoclinic.org)
- Chemotherapy is usually given as a combination of drugs, usually given over a period of a week or so. (leukaemia.org.au)
- Bacillus cereus sepsis and subarachnoid hemorrhage following consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia]. (nih.gov)
- Early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy significantly improves the outcome of children with intermediate risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia. (haematologica.org)
- BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the impact of early and delayed consolidation chemotherapy on the outcome of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) stratified according to risk groups. (haematologica.org)
- If there are still leukemia cells in your bone marrow, you may have a second course of chemotherapy. (ahealthyme.com)
- The first two phases use intensive chemotherapy medications designed to kill the leukemia cells that grow quickly. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Find out more about chemotherapy for childhood leukemia . (cancer.ca)
- A bone marrow transplant begins with high doses of chemotherapy or radiation to destroy any leukemia-producing bone marrow. (mayoclinic.org)
Respond to chemotherapy1
- Among all ovarian cancers, the worst prognosis is seen in ovarian clear cell carcinomas (OCCC) which typically don't respond to chemotherapy. (genengnews.com)
- Depending on when the participant join the study, the participant may participate in part 1 (induction with venetoclax escalation), part 2 (consolidation with venetoclax escalation), or part 3 (an expansion cohort utilizing the maximum tolerated doses identified in parts 1 and 2). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- After chemotherapy, your doctor may still want you to take low doses of these to keep new tumors from growing. (webmd.com)
- You may get higher doses of chemotherapy medicines for several days. (ahealthyme.com)
- Chemotherapy for AML is typically given in high doses. (ahealthyme.com)
- Twenty-one (67.7%) received consolidation chemotherapy with the same doses of 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin, repeated every 4 weeks for maximum 4 cycles. (beds.ac.uk)
- This differs from most standard chemotherapy treatments which are given at high doses for short periods of time. (bcm.edu)
- A stem cell transplant that includes lower doses of chemotherapy and/or radiation than is standard. (bcm.edu)
- A higher percentage of radical resection is reported in studies using neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery versus surgery alone for esophageal cancer. (bioportfolio.com)
- Organ Preservation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer by Radiochemotherapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Another option may be very high-dose chemotherapy along with a stem cell transplant. (ahealthyme.com)
- After PBSC harvesting, high-dose chemotherapy of melphalan with auto-PBSCT was performed. (springer.com)
- 2000 ), high-dose chemotherapy (Leyvraz et al. (springer.com)
- First, the bone marrow with cancer is destroyed with high-dose chemotherapy. (ahealthyme.com)
- This is done before you get the high-dose chemotherapy. (ahealthyme.com)
- Chemotherapy agents used during consolidation include the same agents used during induction, as well as Ara-C, etoposide, methotrexate and 6-mercaptopurine. (ucsfhealth.org)
- These oral chemotherapy pills - typically methotrexate and 6-mercaptopurine - are usually well-tolerated with only minimal side effects. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Shorter and less intensive treatments, such as the chemotherapy combinations called CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone) and COMP (cyclophosphamide, vincristine, methotrexate, and prednisone) have also been used. (cancer.org)
- Allogeneic stem cell transplant involves the transfer of stem cells from a healthy donor to the patient's body after intensive radiation or chemotherapy. (news-medical.net)
- This type of stem cell transplant is most commonly used in situations where the patient has underlying conditions that might make the chemotherapy/radiation excessively toxic to them. (bcm.edu)
- A stem cell transplant may also be used when ALL comes back after a second course of chemotherapy. (cancer.ca)
- For AML with "good-risk" chromosome changes, additional chemotherapy or an autologous transplant is usually recommended. (bio-medicine.org)
- Transplant may be done instead of consolidation chemo. (ahealthyme.com)
- Some people with higher-risk disease may be given chemotherapy directly into the fluid that surrounds the spinal cord and brain. (mskcc.org)
Role of consolidation chemotherapy1
- Further trials with a larger patient population are warranted in order to evaluate the potential role of consolidation chemotherapy. (beds.ac.uk)
- Previously untreated Stage III or IV classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL), in combination with chemotherapy. (drugs.com)
- Chemotherapy during this phase is given intravenously or orally in combination. (news-medical.net)
- Giving more than one drug (combination chemotherapy) may kill more cancer cells. (ichgcp.net)
- After the stem cells have been collected, they will be stored and then given again after the consolidation phase, to help the child's blood-forming system to re-establish itself. (mskcc.org)
- Such a notion was close to the idea previously developed by Müller and Pilzecker (1900) whose work on retroactive interference led them to suggest that new memories are fragile, requiring time to undergo a consolidation phase before being fixed. (frontiersin.org)
- He had about 6 or 7 hospital stays throughout this Consolidation phase. (caringbridge.org)
- After recovery, intensification with natural product chemotherapy will be administered, consisting of four cycles of paclitaxel given as a 24-hour infusion followed by four cycles of single agent doxorubicin. (knowcancer.com)
- The purpose of this study is to determine the efficacy and safety of consolidation chemotherapy with paclitaxel plus cisplatin (2 cycles per 3 weeks) following radical hysterectomy and adjuvant chemoradiation (2 cycles per 4 weeks) for high risk early stage cervical cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Chemotherapy uses anticancer medicines to kill cancer cells. (ahealthyme.com)
- Chemotherapy medicines are designed to attack and kill cells that divide quickly, including cancer cells. (ahealthyme.com)
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in local-regionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A National Cancer Database analysis. (bioportfolio.com)
- Chemotherapy refers to medicines that help fight cancer. (chop.edu)
- Chemotherapy for other forms of cancer. (encyclopedia.com)
- To evaluate the efficacy of maintenance apatinib after chemotherapy for extensive-stage (ED) small-cell lung cancer (SCLC). (springer.com)
- Adjuvant chemotherapy relied on oxaliplatin. (researchsquare.com)