Water Loss, Insensible
Conservation of Natural Resources
A province of Canada lying between the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec. Its capital is Toronto. It takes its name from Lake Ontario which is said to represent the Iroquois oniatariio, beautiful lake. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p892 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p391)
A polysymptomatic condition believed by clinical ecologists to result from immune dysregulation induced by common foods, allergens, and chemicals, resulting in various physical and mental disorders. The medical community has remained largely skeptical of the existence of this "disease", given the plethora of symptoms attributed to environmental illness, the lack of reproducible laboratory abnormalities, and the use of unproven therapies to treat the condition. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
A longitudinal study of informational interventions to save energy in an office building. (1/98)Informational interventions were employed to promote two behaviors relevant for efficient heating of individual offices in a large office building. In two successive winter seasons, interventions were applied during 4-week periods. Short-term effects were assessed weekly, and long-term effects were assessed 1 year after each of the two intervention periods. Improvements were observed in each intervention period, with partial behavior maintenance 1 year later. The changes observed in the individual offices across conditions are suggestive of the program's capacity to correct relapses in earlier proenvironmental behavior. (+info)
Healthy communities must also be sustainable communities. (2/98)The author contends that healthy communities must be both environmentally and socially sustainable, given that health depends on the quality of the built and natural environments, and that global change resulting from the industrial economy is affecting the web of life. He argues that suburban sprawl wastes scarce resources and disproportionately places those resources in the hands of suburban dwellers. Urban areas can be made more environmentally sustainable, especially with respect to energy consumption, which will help reduce air pollution and climate change and contribute in other ways to improved health. (+info)
Performance of an age series of alnus-cardamom plantations in the Sikkim Himalaya: productivity, energetics and efficiencies. (3/98)Biomass, net primary productivity, energetics and energy efficiencies were estimated in an age series of Alnus-cardamom plantations in the eastern Himalaya. The impact of stand age (5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40 years) on the performance of mixtures of N2-fixing (Alnus nepalensis) and non-N2-fixing (large cardamom) plants was studied. Large cardamom (Amomum subulatum) is the most important perennial cash crop in the region and is cultivated predominantly under Alnus trees. Net primary productivity was lowest (7 t ha(-1) per year) in the 40-year-old stand and was more than three times higher (22 t ha(-1) per year) in the 15-year-old stand. Agronomic yield of large cardamom peaked between 15 and 20 years of age. Cardamom productivity doubled from the 5- to the 15-year-old stand, and then decreased with plantation age to reach a minimum in the 40-year-old stand. Performance of cardamom in association of N2-fixing Alnus remained beneficial until 20 years of age. Annual net energy fixation was highest (444 x 10(6) kJ ha(-1) per year) in the 15-year-old stand, being 1.4 times that of the 5-year-old stand and 2.9-times that of the 40-year-old stand. Inverse relationships of production efficiency, energy conversion efficiency and energy utilized in N2-fixation against stand age, and a positive relationship between production efficiency and energy conversion efficiency suggest that the younger plantations are more productive. The Alnus-cardamom plantation system will be sustainable by adopting a rotational cycle of 15 to 20 years. (+info)
The public health benefits of insulation retrofits in existing housing in the United States. (4/98)BACKGROUND: Methodological limitations make it difficult to quantify the public health benefits of energy efficiency programs. To address this issue, we developed a risk-based model to estimate the health benefits associated with marginal energy usage reductions and applied the model to a hypothetical case study of insulation retrofits in single-family homes in the United States. METHODS: We modeled energy savings with a regression model that extrapolated findings from an energy simulation program. Reductions of fine particulate matter (PM2.5) emissions and particle precursors (SO2 and NOx) were quantified using fuel-specific emission factors and marginal electricity analyses. Estimates of population exposure per unit emissions, varying by location and source type, were extrapolated from past dispersion model runs. Concentration-response functions for morbidity and mortality from PM2.5 were derived from the epidemiological literature, and economic values were assigned to health outcomes based on willingness to pay studies. RESULTS: In total, the insulation retrofits would save 800 TBTU (8 x 10(14) British Thermal Units) per year across 46 million homes, resulting in 3,100 fewer tons of PM2.5, 100,000 fewer tons of NOx, and 190,000 fewer tons of SO2 per year. These emission reductions are associated with outcomes including 240 fewer deaths, 6,500 fewer asthma attacks, and 110,000 fewer restricted activity days per year. At a state level, the health benefits per unit energy savings vary by an order of magnitude, illustrating that multiple factors (including population patterns and energy sources) influence health benefit estimates. The health benefits correspond to 1.3 billion dollars per year in externalities averted, compared with 5.9 billion dollars per year in economic savings. CONCLUSION: In spite of significant uncertainties related to the interpretation of PM2.5 health effects and other dimensions of the model, our analysis demonstrates that a risk-based methodology is viable for national-level energy efficiency programs. (+info)
An enhanced rate-based emission trading program for NOX: the Dutch model. (5/98)Since 1997 government and industry in The Netherlands have been engaged in intensive policy discussions on how to design an emission trading program that would satisfy the Government's policy objectives within the national and international regulatory framework and accommodate industry's need for a flexible and cost-effective approach. Early on in the discussion the most promising solution was a rate-based approach, which dynamically allocated saleable emission credits based on a performance standard rate and actual energy used by facilities. All industrial facilities above a threshold of 20 MWth would be judged on their ability to meet this performance rate. Those "cleaner" than the standard can sell excess credits to others with an allocation that is less than their actual NOX emission. With some changes in law, such a design could be made to fit well into the national and EU legislative framework while at the same time uniquely meeting industry's requirement of flexibility toward economic growth and facility expansion. (An analysis of the legislative changes required will be given in a separate paper by Chris Dekkers.) However, the environmental outcome of such a system is not as certain as under an absolute emission cap. At the request of the Netherlands Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment (VROM), Automated Credit Exchange (ACE), in close cooperation with the working group of government and industry representatives introduced a number of features into the Dutch NOX program allowing full exploitation of market mechanisms while allowing intermediate adjustments in the performance standard rates. The design is geared toward meeting environmental targets without jeopardizing the trading market the program intends to create. The paper discusses the genesis of the two-tier credit system ACE helped to design, explains the differences between primary (fixed) and secondary (variable) credits, and outlines how the Dutch system is expected to function once implemented in 2004. The paper also discusses the market trading simulation held in early 2001 to assess and test the trading program, and reviews also the current status of the market program development. (+info)
A structural model that explains the effects of hyperglycemia on collagenolysis. (6/98)Prior investigations into the effects hyperglycemia on collagen degradation have yielded conflicting results. We present a new formalism for understanding the biochemistry of collagenolysis and the effects of hyperglycemia on collagen degradation. The analysis is based on an understanding of environments that affect the conformational stability of collagen. We suggest that collagen can exist in two distinct conformational states-a native state and a vulnerable state. Vulnerable collagen corresponds to a non-native conformation where partially unfolded regions near collagenase cleavage sites enable collagenases to efficiently degrade collagen. Theoretical calculations on collagen-like model peptides suggest that relatively short periods of hyperglycemia can alter the equilibrium distribution of states to favor vulnerable states of collagen. These data provide new insights into the mechanism of collagenolysis and resolve apparently discrepant experimental data on the effects of hyperglycemia on collagen degradation. (+info)
Powering the future: how Hamilton Health Sciences put cogeneration to work for healthcare. (7/98)The absolute necessity of a stable and uninterrupted power supply within hospitals makes many of these facilities uniquely suited to cogeneration plants. Hamilton Health Sciences recently completed the largest hospital cogeneration project ever undertaken in the country. Spanning three acute care hospitals and generating a combined total of 22.75 megawatts of electricity, Hamilton Health Sciences' cogeneration plants address energy supply issues by offering a clean and reliable power source completely within the hospital's control, and provide the organization with the potential to generate its own revenue into the future by selling excess electricity back to the province. The following article highlights Hamilton Health Sciences' approach to the project, including some important lessons learned, and may serve as an example for other publicly funded institutions interested in implementing similar projects. (+info)
Health, environmental, and economic costs from the use of a stabilized diesel/ethanol mixture in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil. (8/98)In Greater Metropolitan Sao Paulo, Brazil, fossil fuel combustion in the transportation system is a major cause of outdoor air pollution. Air quality improvement requires additional policies and technological upgrades in fuels and vehicle engines. The current study thus simulated the environmental and social impacts resulting from the use of a stabilized diesel/ethanol mixture in the bus and truck fleet in Greater Metropolitan Sao Paulo. The evaluation showed reductions in air pollutants, mainly PM10, which would help avert a number of disease events and deaths, as estimated through dose-response functions of epidemiological studies on respiratory and cardiovascular diseases. Valuation of the impacts using an environmental cost-benefit analysis considered operational installation, job generation, potential carbon credits, and health costs, with an overall positive balance of US$ 2.851 million. Adding the estimated qualitative benefits to the quantitative ones, the project's benefits far outweigh the measured costs. Greater Metropolitan Sao Paulo would benefit from any form of biodiesel use, producing environmental, health and socioeconomic gains, the three pillars of sustainability. (+info)
Durham Region On Basement Waterproofing Contractors | Durham Region Wet Leaky Basement
Aquaseal we are an Durham Region AquaSeal Basement Waterproofing Contractors in Durham Region Family Owned Durham Region Basement Waterproofing Contractors Durham Region Licensed Basement Waterproofing Contractors Wet Leaky Basement Solutions Durham Region Basement Leak Expert in Durham Region Licensed Concrete Crack Repair Specialist 38 Years Company Exp.
Infrastructure Investment Risk Management - EIOPAs consultation paper
In this regard EIOPA has given some definitions such as infrastructure asset, infrastructure project entity or special purpose entity which help to specify the structural sector risks.. In addition, EIOPA has made express reference to different types of risks linked to the infrastructure investments, such as predictability of cash flows, contractual framework, credit quality, political risk, structural requirements, financial risk, construction risk, operating risk, the design and technology risk and the equity risk calibration.. Thus, after a deep analysis of the sector and its appropriate risk management, EIOPA proposes that it is necessary to stipulate some steps and procedures to be implemented by undertakings to address the risks posed by such investments.. In this regard, EIOPAs advice asserts that undertakings need to have written policies covering all materiel risks to which they are exposed. In particular investment risk management, asset-liability management, liquidity risk ...
Aligning the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) with the Paris Agreement and the SDGs: Challenges and Opportunities |...
Three years after the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) commenced operations, this report analyses the Banks guidelines and past experience in selected countries (China, India, Bangladesh, Russia). We find that the AIIBs policies and strategies show a strong narrative of transformational change and sustainability. It is also the fastest-growing MDB in terms of both membership and capital investments. However, looking at investment criteria, the AIIB is not yet setting new standards in terms of Paris-alignment. The bank does also not yet reach international standards with regard to accountability, information disclosure and complaint handling.
Highway infrastructure investment and county employment growth: A dynamic panel regression analysis<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Highway infrastructure investment and county employment growth. T2 - A dynamic panel regression analysis. AU - Jiwattanakulpaisarn, Piyapong. AU - Noland, Robert B.. AU - Graham, Daniel J.. AU - Polak, John W.. PY - 2009/5/11. Y1 - 2009/5/11. N2 - This paper uses recent advances in dynamic panel econometrics to examine the impact of highway infrastructure on aggregate county-level employment using data for all 100 North Carolina counties from 1985 through 1997. Results are compared to models that do not take endogeneity of highway investment and dynamics of employment adjustment into account. Fully specified dynamic models are found to give insignificant results compared to these other models. Thus, when these issues are properly modeled, the results show that improvements in highways have no discernible impact on employment.. AB - This paper uses recent advances in dynamic panel econometrics to examine the impact of highway infrastructure on aggregate county-level employment ...
Risk-based sequential allocation of competing sanitation infrastructure investments on Environmental XPRT
Article Risk-based sequential allocation of competing sanitation infrastructure investments. Given severe sanitation service shortages, infrastructure interdependencies and extreme scarcity of funding that prevail in many developing countries, the al...
Global Disease Outbreaks: Shaping Public Health Infrastructure & Investments
REGISTER HERE for Global Disease Outbreaks: Shaping Public Health Infrastructure & Investments, a Harvard Chan Outbreak Week event.. Download the event flyer.. Check out other Outbreak Week events.. ...
Energy Policies of IEA Countries: Portugal 2016 - en - OECD
Despite the difficult economic climate, Portugal has continued to develop and reform its energy policies since the previous International Energy Agency (IEA) in-depth review in 2009. These changes have resulted in greater economic activity in the energy sector, increased renewable energy deployment, further market liberalisation and greater emphasis on energy efficiency in policy making. A new strategy emphasising renewable energy and energy efficiency has focused efforts on meeting national and European energy policy objectives, as Portugal seeks also to lower investment costs and greater national competitiveness. The new strategy includes proposals to reinforce interconnections with transnational European electricity and natural gas networks, and measures to promote economic and environmental sustainability. The strategy should accommodate regular independent reviews and monitoring tools to examine implementation of energy policy to ensure that it remains relevant and cost-effective.
Progressive Retirement Villages : sustainable community
sustainable community - Located near Atlanta, the latest hamlet of this planned sustainable community is designed to let its residents age gracefully. Co-founded and devel...
Concrete Crack Repair Specialist 1-800-334-6290: Durham Region Concrete Crack Repair Durham Region 1-800-334-6290 in Durham...
Ajax,Ancaster,Alliston,Almira,Aurora,Angus,Arthur,Baldwin,Bancroft,Barrie,Barrys Bay,Beamsville,Beaches,Beeton,Belleville,Bethany,Bobcaygeon,Bolton,Bowmanville,Bracebridge,Bradford,Brampton,Brantford,Brechin,Brooklin,Brougham,Burlington,Binbrook,Borden,Brighten,Brockville,Buckhorn,Caeserea,Caledon,Caledon East,Caledonia,Cambridge,Campbellford,Canada,Cannington,Chatham,Clarington,Collingwood,Cobourg,Colborne,Coldwater,Cookstown,Courtice, Coboconk, Collingwood, Cookstown, Darlington,Deerhurst,Dundalk, Dundas, Durham, Durham Region, Don Mills, East GTA,Gwillimbury,East,Eastern,East York, Elgin, Enniskillen,Etobicoke, Erin, Fairmount,Fenelon Falls, Fergus, Flamborough, Fleetwood,Font Hill, Fruitland, Georgetown, Georgina, Gravenhurst, Grimsby, Guelph, Georgian Bay, GTA,Haliburton, Halton, Halton Hills, Hamilton, Hampton,Harwood,Hastings, Huntsville, Ingersoll, Kawartha Lakes,Keswick, Kingston,King City, Kitchener, Kleinburg, Lakeshore,Lake Scugog,Lake Simcoe,Lindsay, London, Malton,Manilla,Maple, ...
Trumps Energy Policy Will Darken the Future With Disastrous Pollution and Dirty Air | Alternet
His carbon-obsessed energy policy will make America Smoggy Again. Scroll through Donald Trumps campaign promises or listen to his speeches and you could easily conclude that his energy policy consists of little more than a wish list drawn up by the major fossil fuel companies: lift environmental restrictions on oil and natural gas extraction, build the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, open more federal lands to drilling, withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, kill Obamas Clean Power Plan, revive the coal mining indust
A look at US energy policy | Public Radio International
Anchor Lisa Mullins speaks with Michael Klare, author of Rising Powers, Shrinking Planet: The New Geopolitics of Energy, about how US energy policy compares with other countries energy policies around the world.
Energy Policy Task Force | Hoover Institution
The Task Force on Energy Policy addresses energy policy in the United States and its effects on our domestic and international political priorities, particularly our national security.
Energy Policy Task Force | Hoover Institution
The Task Force on Energy Policy addresses energy policy in the United States and its effects on our domestic and international political priorities, particularly our national security.
The Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program: Collaborative Investments to Reduce Greenhouse Gases and Strengthen...
Read the full report Executive Summary The Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC) program provides substantial benefits to underserved Californians while improving our climate.
RE Sources for Sustainable Communities
RE Sources promotes sustainable communities and protects the health of northwestern Washington people and ecosystems through application of science, education, advocacy and action. Our vision is to see people living satisfying lives in accord with the ecosystem we depend on - generation after generation.
Seed Grant Program - Sustainable Communities | Binghamton University
Would you like to make a proposal for the seed grant program for the Sustainable Communities Transdisciplinary Area of Excellence? Click here for more info
Coulomb Technologies Introduces New Smart Charging Infrastructure for Plug-In Vehicles - Green Car Congress
The ChargePoint Network. Click to enlarge. Coulomb Technologies is introducing a new smart charging infrastructure for plug-in vehicles, including Extended Range Electric Vehicles (EREVs such as the Volt), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs), and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). Coulombs ChargePoint Network includes public charging stations, a consumer subscription plan and...
Infrastructure | Economic Policy Institute
EPI research shows that the U.S. economy would benefit enormously from an ambitious increase in public investment, including infrastructure investment. Such investment would create jobs and finally lock-in genuine full employment in the near-term, and would provide a needed boost to productivity growth (or how much income and output each hour of work generates in the economy) in the medium-term. Further, infrastructure investments would ensure that we do not leave future generations a deficit of underinvestment and deferred maintenance of public assets. Smart public investment should put the needs of the public first and should not undercut workers wages.. ...
Chinas Silk Road: World Bank Jockeys for a Piece of the Action | Thought Crime Radio
Billions of dollars have been allocated by the World Bank for infrastructure projects in the Chinese Silk Road Economic Belt, according to the banks president Jim Yong Kim at the 1+6 roundtable meeting in Beijing.. Investments, particularly in infrastructure, are extremely important. The Chinese initiative of the economic belt of the Silk Road catalyzes infrastructure investments, he told the heads of major international organizations.. The World Bank will help the countries within the initiative to take maximum advantage of the opportunities provided, in accordance with their own development strategies, he added.. According to the World Banks International Finance Corporation (IFC), an extra $1 billion is expected to be raised within a year as part of a planned $5 billion infrastructure investment fund for Chinas Road and Belt program.. We have raised the first $1.1 billion, we are going to raise the next billion probably within the next year, thats my guess, IFC Chief Investment ...
Chinese Responsible Investment Overseas Newsletter Issue 2 - Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) | Business & Human...
Disclaimer: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre and its collaborative partners take no position on the diverse views presented in linked material by the various commentators, organizations & companies. As with any database, we cannot guarantee the factual accuracy of all the articles & reports we make available.. ...
Understanding Site Details Key to Effective PFAS Risk Management | Golder
Golder was called in to carry out a Detailed Quantitative Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment (referred to as Site Specific Risk Assessment or SSRA) on a challenging site.
National Infrastructure Investment Corporation Act of 2019 (H.R. 4780) - GovTrack.us
H.R. 4780. To establish a Government corporation to provide loans and loan guarantees for infrastructure projects, and for other purposes. In GovTrack.us, a database of bills in the U.S. Congress.
Federal Register :: Notice of Funding Availability for the Department of Transportations National Infrastructure...
This notice announces the availability of funding and requests proposals for the Department of Transportations National Infrastructure Investments. In addition, this notice announces selection criteria and pre-application and application requirements for the National Infrastructure Investments....
Guest Post: The New Future Of Energy Policy | Zero Hedge
Not surprisingly, in the weeks since the historical hurricane made landfall, new attention is being paid to the mounting costs that coastal world megacities may face. Intriguingly, however, this new conversation about climate, energy policy, and Americas reliance on fossil fuels comes after a five-year period in which the U.S. has dramatically lowered its consumption of oil and seen an equally dramatic upturn in the growth of renewable energy. The combination of declining oil use and a greater reliance on the global powergrid is going to shape energy and climate policy. Especially at a time when the concerns of climate change - or, rather, rising seas and the greenhouse dangers of fossil fuel dependency - are being increasingly raised. This will make for a rather muddled and complex array of diverging policy initiatives. Moreover, as new oil supplies emerge from domestic American sources, the dream of resurrecting this cheap oil era will no doubt come back around several more times. But none of these
Sustainability | Free Full-Text | Factors Influencing Farmer Willingness to Fallow Winter Wheat and Ecological Compensation...
Land use/land cover change will have a certain impact on the regional ecological environment. This study uses the questionnaire survey method, an opportunity cost method and a logistic model to evaluate the suitability of an ecological compensation standard for a winter- wheat-fallow cropping system in a groundwater funnel area in Hebei. The main factors affecting farmers willingness to fallow fields provide a theoretical basis for scientifically and rationally developing a rotation policy in the groundwater funnel area. The results indicate the following: (1) nearly 87% of the surveyed farmers would accept a winter-wheat-fallow policy, whereas 13% would not; (2) farmer educational level, the total number of participants in the agricultural labor force, dependency rate, farmers attitudes toward a winter wheat-fallow policy in the groundwater funnel area and the farmer level of trust in government policy have significant positive effects farmer intention to fallow, whereas the number of days of
Peer Review on Low Carbon Energy Policies in Viet Nam
The APEC Peer Review on Low Carbon Energy Policies (PRLCE) was endorsed by the APEC Energy Ministers at the 2010 Energy Ministerial Meeting. The review is an extension APECs Peer Review on Energy Efficiency and its guidelines ...
Surveys of Public Attitudes and Response to Federal Energy Policy, 1974-1976
This study includes responses to a series of telephone surveys that probed public attitudes toward energy use and conservation in the United States. The data collection effort began in July 1974 and continued through April 1976 as an ongoing project of the United States Federal Energy Administration (now the Department of Energy). Every two weeks, independent samples of the population were interviewed by the Opinion Research Corporation of Princeton, New Jersey, up to a total of 42 surveys containing information obtained from 23,426 respondents. The data were subsequently consolidated in a standard format, with an indication of the date of each survey to facilitate time-series analysis. Variables assessed respondents perceptions of the role of the federal government in energy policy, their knowledge and sources of information about energy, opinions of actual or potential government actions, and personal efforts to conserve energy. Questions were asked about driving habits, use of mass transit, ...
March: Poor air quality: good energy policies can help save lives
One hundred experts from governments, corporations, academia and civil groups around the globe gathered at the International Energy Agency (IEA) on 10 March to advise on energy policies and new technologies that could help reduce air pollution that each year causes millions of premature deaths and costs the global economy trillions of dollars.. The IEA organised the Energy and Air Quality workshop in Paris to generate input for a Special Report of the 2016 edition of the Agency flagship publication World Energy Outlook (WEO). To be released in June, the Special Report will identify actions to reduce the major role that the energy sector currently has in causing dangerous air pollution.. Air pollution leads to 7 million premature deaths each year, and much of it can be traced back to the energy sector, said IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol as he welcomed the participants to the Agencys headquarters in Paris. There is an urgent need to improve the air we breathe, which is why the IEA is to ...
US Domestic Energy / Energy policy - Page 3
Looked about but the closest I could find was a poll thread started by Jimz a few years ago. With oil prices climbing back toward $100/per barrel, gas prices rising accordingly and the gubberment trying its best to cut our nutz as far as domestic energy production, regulation and taxation. I think its time for a US energy policy thread. Ill start it off by stating my position: we should exploit every source of energy we have right here on US soil including every form of oil and nukes
Obama Defends Energy Policy, Emphasizes Moammar Gadhafi Should Step Down - ABC News
President Obama today defended his record on energy policy and strategy amid rising oil prices and Republican criticism that the presidents policies do not encourage domestic production and energy independence.
Three Ways The Energy Policy Act Ushered In The Frackopoly | Food & Water Watch
This is a good week to reflect on Dick Cheneys role in facilitating fracking. Early in the George W. Bush administration, he put together a task force made up of energy industry CEOs and lobbyists, known as EPACT 2005, which rewrote energy policy. The damage this legislation did is much broader than is usually discussed.
Energy Policies of IEA Countries: Poland 2011 - Statistics - OECD iLibrary
The International Energy Agencys comprehensive 2011 review Polands energy policies and programmes. The review finds that Poland has made commendable ef
Energy Policies of IEA Countries: France 2000 - Statistics - OECD iLibrary
The International Energy Agencys 2000 review of Frances energy policies and programmes. It finds that France tries to achieve three major objectives in its e
Ethanol as energy policy has been a bust | Warwick Beacon
Ethanol as a government energy policy has been an economic and environmental bust. Theres little debate: it inflates motor fuel prices while compromising the environment. And that was before this …
Energy Policy Act
CAN YOU DO THIS WITH YOUR TAP WATER? from JOSHFOX on Vimeo.. Flammable tap water is not the most disturbing of Foxs findings, however. The drilling process, called hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, which leads to all of this contamination, was exempted in 2005 by the Bush-Cheney Energy Policy Act from United States environmental regulations, including the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Air Act. Whats more, the fight has now moved to Congress, where lobbyists are trying to prevent legislation that would reverse the exemption, making chemicals used in the process subject to the Safe Drinking Water Act, once again.. I repeat: lobbyists are trying to PREVENT legislation that would reverse the exemption…. Pardon me while I try to make sense of this. Instead of preventing accidents like the recent BP oil spill, our very own leaders are ignoring the problem while we scramble to find ways to clean up the mess? - (i.e. Kevin Costners Oil Spill Machines; oil booms and mats made of pantyhose ...
Public Record: North American Energy Policies | CPAC
A panel discussion at the University of Ottawa on the future of North American Energy policies, January 22, 2013. Stephen Blank (Visiting Fulbright Researcher in Governance and Public Administration, University of Ottawa), Joseph Dukert (Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington), John Dillon (vice-president, policy and corporate counsel, Canadian Council of Chief Executives) and Monica Gattinger (Aassociate professor, School of Political Studies, University of Ottawa) examine strategies and developments for resource extraction in North America.. ...
Energy Policy and a Trump Administration | Resources for the Future
This brief examines the stated intentions of President-elect Trumps campaign and transition team regarding energy policy, the potential roadblocks to their realization, and what the administration could reasonably and quickly turn into a reality.
Governments energy policy ineffective - President | UNIAN
Governments energy policy ineffective - President. View news feed in news about social life for 27 November from UNIAN Information Agency
Energy Policy cross-cutting study on smart meter rollout receives media attention - News - Elsevier
A recent cross-cutting study published in Energy Policy has received media attention. According to the new study by researchers at the...
An Energy Policy That Makes Sense. | The Indige...
By Willikin of the Weald. It is now clear to see that this governments energy policy is not so much a shambles but more a fiasco. | The Indigenous Uprising of the British Isles
The Relationship Between Energy Policies And Quality Of Life In Russia
This paper discusses general facts about energy policies and analyzes their relationship to the quality of life in Russia. Aspects of the...
Hospitals : Durham Region, ON : Mental Health Services, Help and Support : eMentalHealth.ca
Directory of Hospitals Services, Help and Support for Durham Region, ON including Oshawa, Pickering, Clarington, Uxbridge and Beaverton,Port Perry
Chevrolet | Buy or Sell New, Used and Salvaged Cars & Trucks in Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji Classifieds
Chevrolet. Find new, used and salvaged cars & trucks for sale locally in Oshawa / Durham Region - BMW, Honda, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Toyota and more on Kijiji, Canadas #1 Local Classifieds.
2009 Ram 1500 | Buy or Sell New, Used and Salvaged Cars & Trucks in Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji Classifieds
2009 Ram 1500. Find new, used and salvaged cars & trucks for sale locally in Oshawa / Durham Region - BMW, Honda, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Toyota and more on Kijiji, Canadas #1 Local Classifieds.
Physiotherapy Treatment, Physiotherapists In Ajax, Pickering, Whitby and Durham Region
Physiotherapy Treatment, Physiotherapists In Ajax, Pickering, Whitby and Durham Region is the primary health care profession that promotes wellness, mobility, and independent function.
European Commission proposes a plan to accelerate energy technologies for a low-carbon future
Europes potential to develop a new generation of decarbonised energy technologies, such as off-shore wind, solar technology, or second generation biomass, is enormous. However EU energy research is often under-funded, dispersed and badly coordinated. If the opportunity facing the EU is to be seized, actions to develop new energy technologies, lower their costs and bring them to the market must be better organised and carried out more efficiently. This is why the European Commission is proposing the Strategic Energy Technology Plan, a comprehensive plan to establish a new energy research agenda for Europe. The Commission believes that Europe should lower the costs of clean energy and put EU industry at the forefront of the rapidly growing low carbon technology sector. This Plan is to be accompanied by better use of and increases in resources, both financial and human, to accelerate the development and deployment of low-carbon technologies of the future.. The Energy Policy for Europe calls for a ...
Durham Region Stresses the Importance of Rabies Vaccinations
Rabies is a very serious virus that can be passed from wildlife to your beloved pets. Which is why Durham Region strongly recommends vaccinations.
Measuring environmental performance with stochastic environmental DEA: The case of APEC economies
Downloadable (with restrictions)! Data envelopment analysis (DEA) has been widely used for environmental performance measurement at different levels. Most of environmental DEA models take the deterministic form without considering random factors. This paper presents a stochastic environmental DEA model that can measure environmental performance under random conditions. The proposed model has been applied to evaluate the environmental performance of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies in 2010. The results indicate that the stochastic pure environmental performance of APEC economies is indeed affected by random factors. Especially, the fluctuation of Republic of Koreas stochastic pure environmental performance is most obvious among all the APEC economies.
Energy policy in Arizona, executive summary: plan for sustainable development :: Arizona State Government Publications
Executive Summary Energy Policy in Arizona: A Plan for Sustainable Development Presented to the Joint Legislative Task Force on Energy Policy and Planning of the Arizona Legislature By the Advisory Committee on Energy Policy and Planning William J. Murphy Committee Chair 1990 Richard Bingmann (1 989) Dr. Daniel Brennan Douglas M. Brooks Dr. Rocco Fazzolari (1 990) Mark Ginsberg Lina Gormley Dr. Clyde N. Holland Daniel Hunter (Chair - 1989) Renz Jennings Wally Kolberg Barbara Norton Bob Preston J. R. Ramirez Ron Rayner George Ross Arnie Schwalb Dr. Robert Seale Martin Shultz Dr. Byard Wood Guy Yates (1 989) Executive Summary Including Participation by: Larry Auge Dennis Beals Jerome P. Dion Dick Forman Jane Gray Biff Hoffman Tamara Huddleston Jane Hyler Roland James David L. Kezell Mary Martin Vince Marziani Jay Taylor Ray Williamson Robert L. Young Staff Support provided by the Arizona Energy Office of the Department of Commerce Jerome P. Dion, M.U.P. Project Director Michael Walters, M.P.A. ...
Public sector transparency and countries environmental performance: A nonparametric analysis
Downloadable! Based on the theoretical background of the link between countries transparency and environmental policy our paper provides empirical evidence for a sample of 68 countries for the time period of 2001-2010. By assuming that countries transparency levels shape their environmental policy which reflects upon their environmental performance levels, we develop an empirical model for investigating such a relationship. By modifying a conditional directional distance function model, we incorporate on the measurement of countries environmental performance the effect of their public sector transparency levels. The empirical results indicate that public sector transparency has a statistically significant impact on countries environmental performance with the relation in the case of emerging-developing economies appearing as an inverted W shape, whereas in the case of advanced-developed economies indicating an inverted U shape.
OECD Environmental Performance Reviews: Germany 2012 - en - OECD
This OECD Environmental Performance Review provides an independent assessment of Germanys progress in achieving domestic and international environmental policy commitments, together with policy relevant recommendations. It has been conducted to promote peer learning, to enhance countries accountability to each other and to the public, and to improve governments environmental performance, individually and collectively. These Reviews are supported by a broad range of economic and environmental data. Each cycle of the Environmental Performance Reviews covers all OECD member countries and selected partner countries
Download Oecd Environmental Performance Reviews Austria 2003 Oecd Environmental Performance Reviews 2003
RM, Plaza A, Aguilar PL, Cantero MC, Plaza J( 2006) Endmember download oecd environmental performance models from public accusations. 101Google ScholarMehrotra S, Prakash O, Mishra BN, Dwevedi B( 2008) download of previous lives for framework of in production stock years and aphasia years for complete year. 4MB ScholarMehrotra S, Prakash O, Khan F, Kukreja A( 2013) accordance of mental biblical repeated prediction using Top energy books for Japanese knowledge topics in natural first-order artworks.
Virtual water - Wikipedia
The virtual water trade is the idea that when goods and services are exchanged, so is virtual water. When a country imports one tonne of wheat instead of producing it domestically, it is saving about 1,300 cubic meters of real indigenous water. If this country is water-scarce, the water that is saved can be used towards other ends. If the exporting country is water-scarce, however, it has exported 1,300 cubic meters of virtual water since the real water used to grow the wheat will no longer be available for other purposes. This has obvious strategic implications for countries that are water-constrained such as those found in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) area. Water-scarce countries like Israel discourage the export of oranges (relatively water intensive crops) precisely to prevent large quantities of water from being exported to different parts of the world. In recent years, the concept of virtual water trade has gained weight both in the scientific as well as in ...
new report: a critical time for UK energy policy | Science Media Centre
The whole UK energy system faces big changes to deliver against all aspects of the energy trilemma - cost, security and decarbonisation. Speakers from the Royal Academy of Engineering will argue that so far, despite the challenges, the system is on course to meet the targets set by the UK and the EU, but only just; and that all the easiest actions have already been taken.. Government policy drives the development of the UKs energy system, but it will be up to privatised industry to deliver and invest. Whats in store for the UKs energy mix? And what will happen to costs and decarbonisation?. The Academy considers the possible futures of the UKs energy system in a new report, A critical time for UK energy policy: what must be done now to deliver the UKs future energy system. Members of the working group came to the SMC to talk about their findings.. Speakers:. Dr David Clarke FREng, CEO of the Energy Technologies Institute. Dr Keith MacLean, Chair of the UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC) ...
States Address Air Pollution from Energy through Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Programs (Technical Report) | SciTech...
32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION; 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES; AIR POLLUTION; ENERGY EFFICIENCY; RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES; NREL; AIR QUALITY; ANALYSIS; EMISSIONS; ILLINOIS; STATES; STATE IMPLENTATION PLAN; SIP; RENEWABLE PORTFOLIO STANDARD; RPS; ENERGY EFFICIENCY PORTFOLIO STANDARD; EEPS; GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS; ENERGY SAVINGS; ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY; EPA; STATE ELECTRICITY USE; Energy Analysis ...
The Harper Governments war on the environment - iPolitics
In 2006, Prime Minister Harper remarked: Canadas environmental performance is, by most measures, the worst in the developed world. Weve got big problems.. Having acknowledged this glaring failing, an accountable, responsible government would have taken meaningful action to protect our fragile environment and the health and safety of Canadians, while building a vibrant green economy.. But the environment and sustainable development are not conservative priorities, and recent rankings of environmental performance clearly demonstrate this fact. The 2008 Climate Change Performance Index ranked Canada 56th of 57 countries in terms of tackling emissions. In 2009, the Conference Board of Canada ranked Canada 15th of 17 wealthy industrialized nations on environmental performance. In 2010, Simon Fraser University and the David Suzuki Foundation ranked Canada 24th of 25 OECD nations on environmental performance. And most recently, the Environmental Performance Index ranked Canada 37th of 132 countries ...
ENERGY SECTOR CURRENT STATUS, RECENT CHANGES, AND ENERGY POLICIES IN THE RUSSIAN FAR EAST (RFE) | Nautilus Institute for...
The regulation of the energy industry branches in the Far East is part of the general energy policy of Russia. Since 2008, most changes in regulation have been made with regard to the electricity, heat and oil industries.. 5.2.1 Electricity. For almost two decades Russia has been reforming its electrical energy industry. The state regulation of the industry has changed: vertically-integrated companies have been replaced by organizations specializing in separate activities, with the separation of the potentially competitive spheres (production, supply, repair and service) and the natural monopolies (transportation, operative management). A competitive market for wholesale and retail electricity has been created.. There are two levels for the electricity and power market in Russia: wholesale and retail. The wholesale market mostly operates in the regions combined into price zones - first (European Russia and Ural) and second (Siberia) - and non-price zones (Khabarovsk Krai, Primorsky Krai, Amur ...
Industrial Energy Management Decision Making for Improved Energy Efficiency : Strategic System Perspectives and Situated Action...
Improved industrial energy efficiency is a cornerstone in climate change mitigation. Research results suggest that there is still major untapped potential for improved industrial energy efficiency. The major model used to explain the discrepancy between optimal level of energy efficiency and the current level is the barrier model, e.g., different barriers to energy efficiency inhibit adoption of cost-effective measures. The measures outlined in research and policy action plans are almost exclusively technology-oriented, but great potential for energy efficiency improvements is also found in operational measures. Both technology and operational measures are combined in successful energy management practices. Most research in the field of energy management is grounded in engineering science, and theoretical models on how energy management in industry is carried out are scarce. One way to further develop and improve energy management, both theoretically as well as practically, is to explore how a ...
International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology (IJRET) - Inderscience Publishers
International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology, from Inderscience Publishers, promotes and disseminates knowledge of the various topics and technologies of different renewable energy resources
Epilepsy Durham Region donates 1,900 Lora dogs to local first responders - Epilepsy Ontario
The Lora dogs were presented to first responders during a Dec. 17 ceremony at the Region of Durham headquarters in Whitby. Responders will now distribute the soft Lora dogs when tending to people in traumatic situations to help provide a measure of comfort.. Epilepsy Durham Region community outreach associate Chelsea Kerstens says its crucial for epilepsy agencies to develop strong relationships with local first responders because police, fire and ambulance services are often the bridge that connects people who have epilepsy and require information or services with epilepsy support agencies.. The hope is that with the first responders understanding a little bit more about epilepsy and more about the community agencies that are available to clients, they will be able to connect with us quicker and ultimately learn more about living with epilepsy and all the pieces that come along with community epilepsy agencies, Kerstens tells Voices of Epilepsy.. The Lora dogs were created through Paws for a ...
Events | Fundraising - Epilepsy Durham Region
Annual Walk for Epilepsy. Our Walk for Epilepsy is an opportunity to increase critical awareness about Epilepsy, rally together, and raise money to continue our fight to END STIGMA and ensure that there is support for people touched by Epilepsy in Durham Region. The Walk for Epilepsy is a fun family day bringing together a large cross-section of people, representing our years of commitment to people with Epilepsy and their families.. Walkers include those living with seizures and their caregivers; staff and volunteers; corporate walking teams; and, of course, members of the general public who want to join the fight to raise awareness. 1 in 100 people live with Epilepsy, and we invite you to lace up your shoes... any shoe will do! Each one of us can make a difference. Together we are unstoppable. Join other walkers and learn what inspires them to walk to END STIGMA and raise awareness.. In partnership with the Durham Community Foundations Walk for YOUR Cause. ...
New nuclear energy policy for Taiwan
No life extensions will be granted to Taipower's existing nuclear power plants in a newly announced nuclear energy policy that promises eventually to make the island nuclear-free.
Oppositional behaviours including oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) : Durham Region, ON : Mental Health Services, Help and...
Directory of Oppositional behaviours including oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) Services, Help and Support for Durham Region, ON including Oshawa, Pickering, Clarington, Uxbridge and Beaverton,Port Perry
Toronto and Durham Region Newborn Photographer, infant, pregnancy photographer, specializing in photography for maternity,...
Toronto and Durham Region photographer offering lifestyle and modern maternity, preganancy, baby, newborn, infant, children, family and pet photography.
Sensors | Free Full-Text | Non-Destructive Current Sensing for Energy Efficiency Monitoring in Buildings with Environmental...
Nowadays, buildings environmental certifications encourage the implementation of initiatives aiming to increase energy efficiency in buildings. In these certification systems, increased energy efficiency arising from such initiatives must be demonstrated. Thus, a challenge to be faced is how to check the increase in energy efficiency related to each of the employed initiatives without a considerable building retrofit. In this context, this work presents a non-destructive method for electric current sensing to assess implemented initiatives to increase energy efficiency in buildings with environmental certification. This method proposes the use of a sensor that can be installed directly in the low voltage electrical circuit conductors that are powering the initiative under evaluation, without the need for reforms that result in significant costs, repair, and maintenance. The proposed sensor consists of three elements: an air-core transformer current sensor, an amplifying/filtering stage, and a
Gas blending process adopts CVA for improved accuracy, economy and environmental performance - Case Study on Environmental XPRT
Article Gas blending process adopts CVA for improved accuracy, economy and environmental performance - Case Study. Overview Rotork’s innovative CVA electric control valve actuator technology has successfully delivered an improvement in perform...
Comparison of the environmental performance of different treatment scenarios for the main phosphorus recycling sources |...
Comparison of the environmental performance of different treatment scenarios for the main phosphorus recycling sources - Stefan Josef Hörtenhuber, Michaela Clarissa Theurl, Kurt Möller
ESA - The Energy Saving Association - Brunei set up Energy Efficiency Awards
TO promote energy efficiency and conservation in the south-east Asian country of Brunei, the Energy Division at the Prime Ministers Office (EDPMO) yesterday announced new national awards to be presented to organisations that practise outstanding energy efficiency and conservation measures. Ahmad Hj Mohamad, head of the EDPMOs Energy Efficiency and Conservation ...
NREL Rewards Teenaged Renewable Energy Expert at International Competition
e:mail: Public Affairs. Golden, Colo., May 14, 1998 The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and Midwest Research Institute selected Josephine Norris from Detroit, Mich. to receive a special renewable energy award at the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Fort Worth, Texas. Norris will receive $500 and a plaque today in recognition of her exemplary science project on renewable energy resources.. Held annually since 1950, ISEF brings together more than 1,000 of the brightest young scientists from across the globe to compete in what is known as the Olympics of science fairs. As the only international science project competition for 9th - 12th graders, ISEF is the crowning achievement in high school science competitions.. Josephine Norris is a 14-year-old student at Detroit High School of the Fine and Performing Arts. She will receive the award from NREL and Midwest Research Institute, a not-for-profit research organization headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., which manages ...
Gas evolution and syngas heating value from advanced thermal treatment of waste using microwave-induced plasma - Lancaster...
It is a well-understood phenomenon that the use of diminishing fossil fuels is causing disturbances in atmospheric dynamics. This coupled with global population growth has resulted in increased energy demands, and increased waste loads. In order to tackle both important issues, energy-from-waste (EfW) technologies have been of great interest to the industry sector. Moreover, recently implemented fiscal incentives have significantly reduced investor risk, and incentivised deployment. A novel EfW technology known as plasma-arc can be considered as one of the most effective methods for the thermal treatment of waste. However, due to the exceptionally high operating and maintenance costs, it is being discredited by some for its commercial viability. Microwave-induced plasma, a novel method of producing high temperature plasma, is much more energy efficient and so has the potential to be a commercially viable treatment route for residual wastes. This study investigates the evolution, and heating ...
renewable energy | Fraser Institute
Four provinces in Canada (Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec) have promulgated action plans to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. These plans have several broad components. There is a carbon pricing component; there are assortments of energy efficiency programs; there is a renewable energy component; and most of the plans have vehicle electrification components (or such programs have been enacted separately from the climate action plans).. For example, Albertas Climate Leadership Plan consists of five key elements: a coal-power phase-out by 2030, a tripling of renewable energy generation to reach 30 percent of generation by 2030, reducing emissions from the oil and gas sector, creating Energy Efficiency Alberta to deliver cost-saving programs, and implementing an economy-wide price on carbon.. Ontarios climate action plan contains similar efforts, including a Green Bank to fund efficiency programs, increasing vehicle electrification, running education programs for homeowners ...
Environmental, Health and Safety News: October 2013
Energy is crucial to the operation of a modern industrial and services economy. Recently, there have been growing concerns about the availability and cost of energy and about environmental impacts of fossil energy use. Those concerns have rekindled interest in energy efficiency, energy conservation, and the development and commercialization of renewable energy technologies.. Many of the existing energy efficiency and renewable energy programs have authorizations tracing back to the 1970s. Many of the programs have been reauthorized and redesigned repeatedly to meet changing economic factors. The programs apply broadly to sectors ranging from industry to academia, and from state and local governments to rural communities. Since 2005, Congress has enacted several major energy laws: the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (EPACT 2005; P.L. 109-58); the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA; P.L. 110- 140); the Energy Improvement and Extension Act (EIEA), enacted as Division B of the Emergency ...
IEA - Denmark
On 19 January 2007, the Danish government released a policy statement, A Visionary Danish Energy Policy 2025, which contains proposals for the cost effective fulfilment of overall energy policy objectives for security of supply, environmental impact and competitiveness. The initiatives in the proposal combine political regulation and market mechanisms. The proposal is founded on the governments forward-looking vision of Denmark in the long-term being entirely independent of fossil fuels - coal, oil and natural gas. With a view to realising its vision, the government set the following targets prior to 2025: - A minimum 15% reduction in the use of fossil fuels compared with today. - Preventing an overall increase in energy consumption, while sustaining economic growth. With this in mind, the energy saving initiative will be increased to 1.25% annually. - The share of renewable energy must be increased to at least 30% of energy consumption by 2025. - A doubling of publicly funded research and ...
Effect of thermal treatment of peats on composition and properties of humic acids<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Effect of thermal treatment of peats on composition and properties of humic acids. AU - Chukhareva, N. V.. AU - Shishmina, L. V.. AU - Novikov, A. A.. PY - 2003. Y1 - 2003. N2 - Methods of acidic hydrolysis and thermal analysis were used to show that thermal treatment of peat at a temperature of up to 250°C in a medium of its decomposition gases increases the thermal stability of humic acids due to a change in the composition and structure of mainly the peripheral part of the macromolecule.. AB - Methods of acidic hydrolysis and thermal analysis were used to show that thermal treatment of peat at a temperature of up to 250°C in a medium of its decomposition gases increases the thermal stability of humic acids due to a change in the composition and structure of mainly the peripheral part of the macromolecule.. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=4444272234&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=4444272234&partnerID=8YFLogxK. M3 - ...
Effect of thermal treatment on the flexural resistance of mechanically pre-fatigued NiTi rotary endodontic files
Introduction: The aim of this study was to determine the effect of thermal treatment on the flexural resistance of mechanically pre-fatigued rotary nickel-titanium (NiTi) endodontic instruments. Methods: New and mechanically pre-fatigued rotary NiTi instruments were subjected to thermal treatments at 350˚C, 400˚C and 450˚C for 30 minutes, and then were rotated in a fatigue-testing device until fracture. The time to fracture was recorded and multiplied by the number of rotations per minute to obtain the number of cycles to failure (NCF) for each group. One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) followed by Tukey Kramer multiple-comparison post hoc test was used for the comparison between the different tested groups. Fractographic examination by scanning electron microscopy was also performed to study the morphological characteristics of the fractured instruments. Results: Statistical analysis showed that the thermal treatment at or below 400˚C of the new files did not improve the resistance to the ...
OpenSecrets: Specific Issue
helium shortage related to use in magnetic resonance (MR) imaging equipment; smart grid interoperability standards; electrical transmission siting policy; energy security at intelligence facilities; S. 1000, Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011, provisions relating to industrial energy efficiency and transformer rebate program; S. 395/H.R. 2417, Better Use of Light Bulbs Act, legislation to repeal provisions of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 concerning lighting energy efficiency, including provisions that prescribe energy efficiency standards for general service incandescent lamps, rough service lamps, and other designated lamps; S. 398, Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act (INCAAA), a bill to amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to improve the energy efficiency of, and standards applicable to, certain appliances and equipment; provisions relating to lighting and motors; development of industrial energy efficiency ...
Energy, Greenhouse Gas, and Economic Implications of Natural Gas Trucks | Resources for the Future
RFFs updated analysis from a multi-year study, Toward a New National Energy Policy: Assessing the Options, evaluates U.S. energy policy choices and provides policymakers with a wealth of relevant information for developing a coordinated national energy policy ...
SHRIVEL ME TIMBER: Steroids Explain Salazars Shrunken Energy Policy | Colorado Peak Politics
Nice going, Ken. The trade off…big biceps in the short term, but shrunk down and shriveled out parts in the places it matters most…a perfect metaphor for the renewable energy industry if ever there was one! In the case of Salazars juiced-out New Energy Economy, the photo ops (like Mark McGuires biceps) are big and bold, but the number of jobs and the amount of energy resulting from all this sound and fury is…how to say this…shriveled. Looking at the last numbers produced by the Department of Energy on subsidies and power generation by the solar industry displays the, um, diminished capacity of the roided out renewable energy field. In 2008, with subsidies of almost $25 per megawatt hour the solar industry created a piddling 1 million megawatt hours of electricity. By comparison, the coal industry created 1,946 times as much electricity at a subsidy of only 44 cents per megawatt hour. Even with all those government roids, green job creation has lagged behind the economy by a ...
Snyder backs higher renewable energy, efficiency goals; cautious on tackling customer choice | Crains Detroit Business
Gov. Rick Snyder said in his annual energy speech today that he wants to work with the state Legislature over the next two years to continue to improve energy efficiency, increase renewable energy production and lower residential and industrial energy bills. He stopped short of making concrete energy policy proposals.
Daydreaming Students Discovering Sustainable Community Design : TreeHugger
Were not sure what led them to do it, but for kids from Robin Hood Primary and Nursery School in Mansfield Woodhouse, England, staring out the window finally paid off. It all started as they were fascinated by a new development of affordable homes
Download Modelling Distributed Energy Resources In Energy Service Networks
Please annoy your e-mail download modelling distributed energy resources in registered with your easy organizations have. We will Learn you an Check so you can send your service. If you do to Examine trends, have Contact Us. Please be a shortcut that is between 5 and 20 contributors Sorry. The download modelling distributed energy resources in energy major influence, thanks, differences, and commercial colors for things Understanding to prevent effort. In interest, it began in the comparing experts funded during the prosperity of a band. The Money to the metabolism of the lives s shaken in the death Installing found practice items to hundreds for the map of unlimited access individuals( Bennett, 249-259). With download modelling distributed energy resources in energy service to total heritage Australians and their making fundamentals found literature from the ion philanthropists by generating into the happening samples resizable exactly by the establishment of an something and arranged to their ...
Coherent Optical | Tektronix
*/ Coherent Optical Automating Coherent Optical Device Optimization and Testing Global datacenter expansions are happening at a rapid pace, driven by the ever-increasing demand for digital information. With IP traffic growing at over 20% per year, continuous network technology innovation is required to meet the needs of consumers and business. Next-generation metro data center interconnection solutions aim at doubling the symbol rate to reduce the cost per bit, rack and energy consumption without substantial infrastructure investments. Whats needed? An end-to-end Coherent Test Solution that is fully calibrated and automatically controls and calibrates multiple Optical Modulation Analyzers (OMA) to reduce measurement errors and accelerate product design cycles. Learn how to: Avoid the equalization trial and error approach Automate to Reduce Calibration Times and Measure Accurately Avoid the equalization trial and error approach To tweak coherent optical transmitters for optimal
NAE Website - Getting the Most Out of Environmental Metrics
Environmental performance metrics must support innovation and growth, if industry is fully to benefit from their potential to improve product design and boost the bottom line. Environmental metrics were not much of an issue when I started as a young engineer at General Motors 36 years ago. The metrics we used were the number of cars we produced and how good their quality was. What few environmental metrics we had were mainly driven by regulatory-agency audits. It is not that we were not responsible. I think we were. We were just as concerned then about clean air and clean water as we are today. But we did not have the metrics necessary to optimize our environmental performance or to understand the implications of our decisions on either our business or the environment. The critical measurement was the profit we made. Either we met our program volumes and profits, or we did not. Environmental performance was not a key factor in whether or not we met our business objectives. Over the
Green Topics - How to Go Green: Proposed House Legislation Would Reduce Nationwide Energy Use 10%
These energy efficiency savings are more than the entire current energy use of the state of California, and are larger than the annual energy use of 49 of the 50 states. These savings are more than triple those of 2005 energy legislation and about double those of 2007 energy legislation, and in turn will avoid about 661 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions in 2020, the equivalent of taking 110 million cars off the road for a year. The analysis examines the energy efficiency provisions in the discussion draft of the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACESA), authored by Representatives Henry Waxman (D-CA) and Ed Markey (D-MA). This bill includes a variety of energy efficiency and renewable energy provisions as well as a cap-and-trade program to reduce emissions of heat-trapping greenhouse gases.. These energy efficiency savings are very substantial and will go a long way towards paying the cost of the cap-and-trade program in the bill, noted Steven Nadel, ACEEEs Executive ...
Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: ORNL scientists help explain graphene mystery
Part of this work was supported by the Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS) at ORNL. CNMS is one of the five DOE Nanoscale Science Research Centers supported by the DOE Office of Science, premier national user facilities for interdisciplinary research at the nanoscale. Together the NSRCs comprise a suite of complementary facilities that provide researchers with state-of-the-art capabilities to fabricate, process, characterize and model nanoscale materials, and constitute the largest infrastructure investment of the National Nanotechnology Initiative. The NSRCs are located at DOEs Argonne, Brookhaven, Lawrence Berkeley, Oak Ridge and Sandia and Los Alamos national laboratories. For more information about the DOE NSRCs, please visit nano.energy.gov. ORNL is managed by UT-Battelle for the Department of Energys Office of Science ...
Chinas Answer To The World Bank Pledges To Do More By Itself | Bruneis No.1 News Website
978 views. CHINA. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank pledged to embark on more projects as the sole lender, as it boosts its membership and manages an investment pipeline of up to $7 billion.. The fledgling development bank, now in its second year, has already taken on projects by itself and it will do more going forward, AIIB President Jin Liqun said on Saturday in Jeju, South Korea, following the institutions second annual conference. Still, working together with other lenders is better particularly on large infrastructure deals, he said.. Of the 16 projects approved by the AIIB since it started in January 2016, around three quarters have been co-financed with other development lenders including the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.. The China-led lender is now stepping up efforts to strengthen its credibility as a partner and alternative to the Japan-led ADB and the Washington-based World Bank. China is increasingly presenting ...
Gambia News Online: July 2012
Speaking at the recently ended (12 - 13 July) resource mobilization and investment for the Programme for Accelerated Growth and Employment (PAGE), Mrs Songwe said The Gambias debt has increased from 61.7 per cent in 2009 to 68.4 per cent in 2011. Interest payments on debt are 22.5 per cent of public revenues. The World Bank director observed that if this trend continues, the government will have to forgo necessary infrastructure investments in energy and road construction. ...
AIIM acquires majority stake in DSM Corridor Group Tanzania
African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), a leading African infrastructure equity investment manager and member of Old Mutual Alternative Investments (OMAI), has announced the successful acquisition of a 60% effective interest in DSM Corridor Group Tanzania (DCG), a specialist dry bulk terminal operator in the Port of Dar es Salaam. Read More…. Sponsored by EquipmentMine ...
Act 250 (Vermont law)
Earth resources; (E) Extraction of earth resources; (F) Energy conservation; (G) Private utility services; (H) Costs of ... and to preserve Vermont's natural resources. One concern was forest conservation, and the prevention of excessive clear cutting ... Water Conservation; (D) Floodways; (E) Streams; (F) Shorelines; and (G) Wetlands. Has sufficient water available for the needs ... United States energy law Green Up Day https://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/chapter/10/151 10 V.S.A. § 6026 "Assessing ...
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. (2006). Energy Management. Conservation Resource Brief. "Prevent weeds, improve ... About 60 years ago, the common perception was that water was an infinite resource. At that time, fewer than half the current ... Today, the competition for water resources is much more intense, because nearly eight billion people are now on the planet, and ... Livestock production is also one of the most resource-intensive agricultural outputs. This is largely due to their large feed ...
Geography of Ireland
"History of the Corrib Project". Natural Resources. Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. 2015. Retrieved ... "Raised Bogs". Irish Peatland Conservation Council. Retrieved 22 November 2013. "Peat Energy History". Bord na Móna. Archived ... Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2017. "Ireland on the verge of an oil ... Energy and Natural Resources) reported that there may be volumes over 130 billion barrels (2.1×1010 m3) of petroleum and 50 ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class T -- Technology
Energy conservation 170-179...................................Mechanics applied to machinery. Dynamics 181-210 ... Including protection from dampness, fire, burglary 163.13-163.25..........................Power resources 163.26-163.5 ... Electric networks 1001-1841...............................Production of electric energy or power. Powerplants. Central stations ... Including generators, motors, transformers 2896-2985...............................Production of electricity by direct energy ...
Gleniffer Lake (Alberta)
Energy Resources Conservation Board. Retrieved 2012-06-16. The pipeline, leased to Pembina, was built in 1959. "Oil leaks into ... to create a recreational resource and to provide a reliable, year-round water supply sufficient for future industrial, regional ...
"Geological Survey of Ireland". Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. "Restricted Access". Speleological ... "Reyfad-Carrickbeg; Reyfad Pot - Summary". Earth Science Conservation Review. National Museums Northern Ireland. Retrieved 10 ... "Belmore, Ballintempo & Tullybrack Uplands; Reyfad-Carrickbeg". Earth Science Conservation Review. National Museums Northern ... ". "Reyfad-Carrickbeg; Little Reyfad - Summary". Earth Science Conservation Review. National Museums Northern Ireland. ...
Red Deer River
Energy Resources Conservation Board. Retrieved 2012-06-16. The pipeline, leased to Pembina, was built in 1959. "Oil leaks into ... http://www.ab-conservation.com/go/default/custom/uploads/reportseries2/Asses-Sprt-Fish-Dist-Rel-Abun-LRDR,AB-PhII.pdf "Waskasoo ... ". "Natural Resources Canada-Canadian Geographical Names (Red Deer River)". Retrieved 2014-08-29. "Atlas of Canada Toporama". ...
Kearl Oil Sands Project
ERCB, Energy Resources Conservation Board (June 2010). "Annual 2009 ECRB Energy Reserves Outlook" (PDF). Energy Resources ... Imperial Oil Resources owns 70% of the project and ExxonMobil Canada Ltd. owns 30%. Energy Resources Conservation Board Sierra ... Energy Resources Conservation Board 2010). The development is located on the following oil-sands leases: Leases 6 and 87, in ... Energy Resources Conservation Board. 2007-02-27. Retrieved 2014-01-02. Cite journal requires ,journal= (help) "Imperial Oil ...
Hangingstone demo project 2005" (PDF). Energy resources conservation board. 2006-03-07. Retrieved 2008-03-13. CS1 maint: ... Alberta Chamber of Resources. Archived from the original on August 11, 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-15. "Company plans more than 100 ...
California Energy Resources Conservation. ASIN B001UYRTMM. Needham, Joseph (1991). Science and Civilisation in China, Volume 4 ... Cassette air conditioner Crankcase heater Energy recovery ventilation Energy label Ground-coupled heat exchanger Hydronics Ice ... Conservation for the Living Community Workshop (Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. IFTech International. Retrieved 1 ... The efficiency of air conditioners is often rated by the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) which is defined by the Air ...
... transportation from fossil-based energy to other alternatives such as renewable energy and use of other renewable resources. ... Resources Conservation and Recycling. 38(2), Pages: 161-174 (2003). Chester M, and Horvath A, Environmental Assessment of ... "Transportation Energy Data Book". US Department of Energy. 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-14. "BP Statistical Review of World Energy ... Currently 95% of transport energy comes from petroleum. Energy is consumed in the manufacture as well as the use of vehicles, ...
1984 Birthday Honours (New Zealand)
For services to the development of energy resources. Civil division The Right Reverend Edward Kinsella Norman DSO MC - of ... For services to conservation. Thomas Stuart Dickson Hayton JP - of New Plymouth. For services to Taranaki Harbour Board and the ... Andrew Gwillym Summers - of Lower Hutt; deputy Secretary of Energy, Corporate Services, Ministry of Energy. William Alexander ... For services to conservation. Hugh Barre Mewburn Walker JP - of Auckland. For services to the Auckland Waterside Workers' Union ...
La Loche Formation
Energy Resources Conservation Board, ERCB/AGS Open File Report 2012-20". Alberta Energy Resources Conservation Board. Retrieved ... Alberta Geological Survey, Open File Report 1995-07". Alberta Energy Resources Conservation Board. Retrieved 3 January 2018.CS1 ...
Environmental issues in Alberta
The Energy Resources Conservation Board was dissolved in 2013. On January 17, 2001 a rupture occurred on the Enbridge Pipeline ... Alberta's Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) published their report of the leak on February 26, 2013. Greenpeace sent ... 1 April 28, 2011 (PDF). Energy Resources Conservation Board (Report). ERCB Investigation Report. February 26, 2013. p. 34. ... 2012 Tailings Management Assessment Report: Oil Sands Mining Industry (PDF), Calgary, Alberta: Energy Resources Conservation ...
In 2019 they switched to 100% renewable energy. It was the first bank in Australia to do so. The Bank Australia Conservation ... Energy and Resources. "Take Action". Mazengarb, Michael (6 May 2019). "Bank Australia becomes first Australian bank to purchase ... Renewable energy community projects receive $110,000 of grants, The Green List (published 31 July 2019), 2019, retrieved 24 ... "Reimagining the future - Bank Australia Conservation Reserve". Greening Australia. 2 November 2016. Nature, Trust for (4 ...
Dos Cuadras Offshore Oil Field
"California Offshore Oil and Gas Energy Resources Study" (PDF). California Department of Conservation. Minerals Management ... California Department of Conservation, Oil and Gas Statistics, Annual Report, December 31, 2007. "Oil and Gas Statistics: 2007 ... Unocal continued to produce from the field until they sold all of their California production assets in 1996 to Nuevo Energy, ... Sacramento: California Department of Conservation (DOGGR). 1998. Archived from the original on 2010-01-02. Retrieved 2009-12-31 ...
Rincon Oil Field
"California Offshore Oil and Gas Energy Resources Study" (PDF). California Department of Conservation. Minerals Management ... Sacramento: California Department of Conservation (DOGGR). 1998. 1472 pp. California Department of Conservation, Oil and Gas ... of Natural Resources Division of Mines, Bulletin 118. p. 387. DOGGR, p. 420-421 DOGGR, p. 422-424 DOGGR, p. 420-424 DOGGR, p. ... In 2002, Greka Energy acquired Rincon Island Limited Partnership, including Rincon Island and a small onshore area of ...
Semitropic Oil Field
Recent operators have included Pacific Energy Resources and Occidental Petroleum. Pacific Energy sold the field - which ... California Department of Conservation, Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR). California Oil and Gas Fields, ... of Natural Resources Division of Mines, Bulletin 118. p. 551. DOGGR, p. 394-395 Kaplow, p. 41 DOGGR, p. 395 Kaplow, p. 37 ... of Natural Resources Division of Mines, Bulletin 118. p. 542. DOGGR 2009, p. 48 Coordinates: 35°34′51″N 119°29′20″W / 35.5808 ...
Resource and Energy Economics. 27 (27): 208-226. Barrett, C.B. (1995). "Are integrated conservation-development projects ( ... In a large way, the tourists and travelers visiting the wildlife destinations contribute to the conservation and improvement of ... It has the recreational aspects of adventure travel, and usually supports the values of ecotourism and nature conservation ... Some wildlife tourism contributes monetary donations to conservation efforts e.g. Dreamworld, Gold Coast, has a display of ...
Peace River, Alberta
Energy Resources Conservation Board. 2008. "Peace River Alberta. The Canadian Encyclopedia. Archived August 27, 2006, at the ... "Police Resources in Canada, 2007: Part I Police resources in Canada, provinces/territories and census metropolitan areas". ... Baytex Energy Centre: Opened in 1978 as the Kinsmen Arena, the facility can hold up to 1,900 people with the ice. The arena is ... It is for this reason that large energy projects are being considered in the region. In March 2008, Bruce Power made an ...
Elk Point Group
Energy Resources Conservation Board Alberta Geological Survey. Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Alberta, 2013. ISBN 978-1-4601 ... Oil and Gas Resources of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin". Retrieved 2016-06-20.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list ( ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus youngiana". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy ... Seed Conservation Service of South Australia. Retrieved 25 January 2020. "Eucalyptus youngiana". Euclid: Centre for Australian ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus conglobata". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy ... conglobata (Myrtaceae) Port Lincoln Mallee". South Australian Seed Conservation Centre. Retrieved 6 May 2019. "Eucalyptus ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus porosa". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy, ... "Eucalyptus porosa". South Australian Seed Conservation Service. Retrieved 5 December 2019. Brooker, M. Ian H.; Slee, Andrew V ...
"Eucalyptus remota". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy, Canberra. Retrieved 11 ... "Eucalyptus remota". South Australian Seed Conservation Centre. " ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus crenulata". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy ... "Conservation Advice Eucalyptus crenulata - Buxton gum" (PDF). Australian Government Department of the Environment. Retrieved 25 ... under the Australian Government Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and as "threatened" in Victoria ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus virens". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy, ... "Approved Conservation Advice for Eucalyptus virens" (PDF). Australian Government department of the Environment. Retrieved 16 ... Government Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and the Queensland Government Nature Conservation Act ...
Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus gardneri". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy, ... "Eucalyptus gardneri (blue mallet) woodland". Department of Environment and Conservation. Retrieved 11 July 2019. ...
"Conservation codes for Western Australian Flora and Fauna" (PDF). Government of Western Australia Department of Parks and ... Chippendale, George M. "Eucalyptus fitzgeraldii". Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and ... Energy, Canberra. Retrieved 6 July 2019. "Eucalyptus fitzgeraldii". FloraBase. Western Australian Government Department of ... "Eucalypts of Northern Australia: ecological & conservation values. A Summary" (PDF). Kimberley to Cape. Retrieved 6 October ...
... and sustainable management of water resources; access to sustainable energy sources; community conservation education and ... Rhino Ark's conservation work is anchored in three key values: Protecting ecosystem integrity; Ensuring full involvement of and ... In September 2011, Rhino Ark commissioned an independent study to assess the full impact of 20 years of conservation efforts in ... The Environmental, Social and Economic Assessment of the Fencing of the Aberdare Conservation Area was funded by the Rhino Ark ...
Energy flow web - quantified fluxes of energy between nodes along links between a resource and a consumer. ... The isotopic ecology of fossil vertebrates and conservation paleobiology (PDF). The Paleontological Society Papers. 15. pp. 95- ... This energy flow diagram illustrates how energy is lost as it fuels the metabolic process that transform the energy and ... Autotrophs produce more biomass energy, either chemically without the sun's energy or by capturing the sun's energy in ...
Energy medicine: is a domain that deals with putative and verifiable energy fields: *Biofield therapies are intended to ... CAM includes such resources perceived by their users as associated with positive health outcomes. Boundaries within CAM and ... Supernatural energies. Bases of belief may include belief in existence of supernatural energies undetected by the science of ... which invokes physically undetectable or unverifiable energy. None of these energies have any evidence to support that they ...
The Brazilian Highlands or Brazilian Plateau (Portuguese: Planalto Brasileiro) are an extensive geographical region, covering most of the eastern, southern and central portions of Brazil, in all approximately half of the country's land area, or some 4,500,000 km2 (1,930,511 sq mi). In addition, the vast majority of Brazil's population (190,755,799; 2010 census) lives in the highlands or on the narrow coastal region immediately adjacent to it. Ancient basaltic lava flows gave birth to much of the region. However, the time of dramatic geophysical activity is long past, as there is now no seismic or volcanic activity. Erosion has also played a large part in shaping the Highlands, forming extensive sedimentary deposits and wearing down the mountains. The Brazilian Highlands are recognized for the great diversity to be found there: within the region there are several different biomes, vastly different climatic conditions, many types of soil, and thousands of animal and plant species. ...
They capture the energy in sunlight and use it to make simple sugars, such as glucose and sucrose, from carbon dioxide and ... But large leaf size favors efficiency in photosynthesis and water conservation, involving further trade offs. On the other hand ... and will usually continue to grow as long as they have the resources to do so. ... This compound is essential for photosynthesis as it absorbs light energy from the sun. A leaf with white patches or edges is ...
Level of measurement
Wolman, Abel G (2006). "Measurement and meaningfulness in conservation science". Conservation Biology. 20 (6): 1626-1634. doi: ... Examples include mass, length, duration, plane angle, energy and electric charge. In contrast to interval scales, ratios are ... Wikiversity has learning resources about Level of measurement. Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Level ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation JEL: Q30 - Geral. JEL: Q31 - Demand and Supply. JEL: Q32 - Exhaustible Resources and ... JEL: Q4 - Energy JEL: Q40 - Geral. JEL: Q41 - Demand and Supply. JEL: Q42 - Alternative Energy Sources. JEL: Q43 - Energy and ... JEL: P28 - Natural Resources; Energy; Environment. JEL: P29 - Outros. JEL: P3 - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions ... JEL: Q2 - Renewable Resources and Conservation JEL: Q20 - Geral. JEL: Q21 - Demand and Supply. JEL: Q22 - Fishery; Aquaculture ...
Evolutionary conservation of the cell cycle control systemEdit. The control circuitry that directs and paces Caulobacter cell ... This may be particularly useful in severely nutrient-limited environments when the scant resources available can be depleted ... Underlying all these operations are the mechanisms for production of protein and structural components and energy production. ... Generally, the bacterial species that divides fastest will be most effective at exploiting resources and effectively occupying ...
Environment and energy. Kucinich had a 100% rating during 2005 and 2006 from the League of Conservation Voters, indicating pro- ... "finite resources" on those candidates most likely to win would best serve the public debate. ... Kucinich opposed a planned regional radioactive waste dump, and has long advocated renewable energy and efficient energy use.[ ...
The storm is contracting into a rope-like tube and, due to conservation of angular momentum, winds can increase at this point.[ ... A. J. Bedard (January 2005). "Low-Frequency Atmospheric Acoustic Energy Associated with Vortices Produced by Thunderstorms". ... Resources from Wikiversity *NOAA Storm Events Database 1950-present. *European Severe Weather Database ... which forces the winds within the funnel to weaken due to conservation of angular momentum. Multiple-vortex tornadoes can ...
"Conservation and Society. 11 (3): 291-319. doi:10.4103/0972-4923.121034.. *^ Frog goes extinct, media yawns. The Guardian. 27 ... Humans remain Earth's only species to employ technology so as to change the sources, uses, and distribution of energy forms, ... Human consumption of food and water resources is also projected to double by this time. ... "Conservation Letters: e12627. doi:10.1111/conl.12627.. *^ Wilcox, Christie (October 17, 2018). "Human-caused extinctions have ...
In 2012, Arch Coal became the first energy company to earn the Conservation Legacy Award from the National Museum of Forest ... In June 2013, Arch Coal announced the planned sale of its Canyon Fuel Company LLC subsidiary to Bowie Resources, LLC. Canyon ... "U.S. Energy Information Administration 2011 Annual Coal Report" (PDF).. *^ a b c Arch Coal, Inc. , Company profile from ... Arch Coal is the second largest supplier of coal in the U.S. behind Peabody Energy. The company supplies 15% of the domestic ...
Antarctic Ocean and Resources Variability. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. pp. 292-296. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-73724-4_25. ISBN 978- ... As of 2013, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) recognized 86 cetacean species, 40 of which are ... and energy for fasting when migrating to the equator; the primary usage for blubber is insulation from the harsh climate. It ... "NOAA Fisheries - Office of Protected Resources. Retrieved 9 August 2015.. *. "Mysticetes hunt in groups". Defenders of Wildlife ...
... and resource conservation. They may be involved in designing and constructing plants as a project engineer. Chemical engineers ... Chemical engineers "develop economic ways of using materials and energy". Chemical engineers use chemistry and engineering ... and controlling energy transfer in reactors. On the other hand, a unit process is the chemical equivalent of a unit ... transport and transform energy and materials. The work of chemical engineers can range from the utilisation of nano-technology ...
Cascade effect (ecology)
Conservation Biology 3:251-264 *^ Dayton, P.K., M.J. Tegner, P.B. Edwards, and K.L. Riser. 1998. Sliding baselines, ghosts, and ... When the prey's food resources disappear, they starve and may go extinct as well. If the prey species is herbivorous, then ... The prey is then able to overexploit its own food resources, until the population numbers decrease in abundance, which can lead ... These exotic species monopolize the ecosystem's resources, and since they have no natural predators to decrease their growth, ...
Field Museum of Natural History
Sease, C Anderson, C (1994). Preventive conservation at the Field Museum" Preventive conservation: practice, theory and ... The museum has also adopted a low-energy approach to maintain low humidity to prevent corrosion in archaeological metals using ... and members of the general public as an resource for research, exhibition development and educational programs. The 275,000 ... The Regenstein Pacific Conservation Laboratory - 1,600-square-foot (150 m2) conservation and collections facility. Visitors can ...
... and energy resources.. UN (medium variant - 2019 revision) and US Census Bureau (June 2015) estimates ... "Host Plant Resistance and Conservation of Genetic Diversity". Radcliffe's IPM World Textbook. University of Minnesota. March ... falling energy reserves and food shortages would create a "perfect storm" of shortages of food, water, and energy by 2030. ... Resource demands are expected to ease as population growth declines, but it is unclear whether mass food wastage and rising ...
Demographics of Brazil
Although, according to DNA resources, most Brazilians possess some degree of mixed-race ancestry, less than 45% of the ... which manages funds as well as mechanisms and sources for financial resources. The new Constitution reserves 25% of state and ...
Baofu, Peter (March 1, 2013). Beyond Natural Resources to Post-Human Resources: Towards a New Theory of diversity and ... as well as conservation groups such as the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the California Native ... Cited in Handbook of Energy Crops. By J. Duke. *^ Van Meerbeek, Koenraad; Appels, Lise; Dewil, Raf; Calmeyn, Annelies; Lemmens ... In ecosystems, the amount of available resources and the extent to which those resources are used by organisms determines the ...
Ultimately, the conservation of the HPA axis has underscored its critical adaptive roles in vertebrates, so, too, various ... Deficiencies of the hippocampus may reduce the memory resources available to help a body formulate appropriate reactions to ... and energy storage and expenditure. It is the common mechanism for interactions among glands, hormones, and parts of the ... Vasopressin can be thought of as "water conservation hormone" and is also known as "antidiuretic hormone." It is released when ...
"Australian Biological Resources Study, Department of the Environment and Energy, Canberra. Retrieved 19 February 2019.. ... Conservation. This species is classed as "vulnerable" under the Australian Government Environment Protection and ... Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and the New South Wales Government Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016. Most of the extant ...
Youth Climate Movement
For example, at the International Youth Summit on Energy and Climate Change in Beijing, China ... The event brings together youth delegates for sharing resources, training, networking and collective discussions. It is also an ... "International Youth Summit on Energy and Climate Change". ResponsibleChina. 2009-07-03. Archived from the original on August 18 ... Energy Action Coalition (U.S.A.), headed by coalition organization SustainUS; Project Survival Pacific, Ghana National Youth ...
... impact on water resources, the possible modifications necessary to run the engine on biofuel, as well as energy balance and ... "Biodiversity conservation in the era of biofuels: risks and opportunities". Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. 9 (3): ... Future Energies (30 October 2003). "PORT HUENEME, Calif: U.S. Navy to Produce its Own Biofuels :: Future Energies :: The future ... According to a joint research agenda conducted through the US Department of Energy, the fossil energy ratios (FER) for ...
List of rivers of Brazil
History of the petroleum industry in Canada (natural gas)
According to a report commissioned by Alberta's Energy Resources Conservation Board, these and other direct costs totalled ... Gas conservation after Leduc. As Alberta became an ever-larger oil producer after the Leduc discovery, the Conservation ... This is because of special properties of this energy commodity: it is a gas, and it frequently contains impurities. The ... The community took advantage of the natural resource and became the first town or city in western Canada with a gas utility. ...
"Renewable energy facts". www.nrcan.gc.ca. Canada Natural Resources. October 6, 2017.. ... Energy. See also: Energy policy of Canada, Renewable energy in Canada, and Smart grid ... adopting more energy-efficiency measures to help conserve energy. The bill envisaged appointing a Renewable Energy Facilitator ... The Green Energy and Green Economy Act, 2009 (GEA), takes a two-pronged approach to commercializing renewable energy: *bringing ...
"Resources, Conservation and Recycling. 70: 44-49. doi:10.1016/j.resconrec.2012.10.002. Archived from the original on 2017-11-12 ... "Bond Energies". Michigan State University Organic Chemistry. Archived from the original on 29 August 2016.. "Archived copy". ... Koda, S. (1992). "Kinetic Aspects of Oxidation and Combustion of Silane and Related Compounds". Progress in Energy and ...
Phagophiles feed (resource) on ectoparasites, thereby providing anti-pest service, as in cleaning symbiosis. Elacatinus and ... Other examples include rhizobia bacteria that fix nitrogen for leguminous plants (family Fabaceae) in return for energy- ... In pollination, a plant trades food resources in the form of nectar or pollen for the service of pollen dispersal. ... In addition, another service-resource component is present, as the ants regularly feed on lipid-rich food-bodies called Beltian ...
... energy conservation is achieved which leads to a reduction of CO2 emissions by power plants. Computer models indicate that ... Since water is an irreplaceable resource, planting trees, hence enhancing urban forestry, can help protect and clean a city's ... Energy and CO2 consumption. Urban forests contribute to the reduction of energy usage and CO2 emissions primarily through ... This energy consumption decrease equates to monetary savings of $2 billion. Additionally, the reduction of energy demand would ...
Green Party of England and Wales
The party wants to end subsidies for fossil fuels and replace them with subsidies for renewable energy sources such as wind, ... countryside conservation, discrimination, crime, drug reform and animal rights. A major proposal within this section is a ... and that the reappropriation of lands and resources should be granted to certain nations and peoples. The party also believes ... Investment in green energy could potentially create more jobs and boost the economy or it might result in stagnant growth. The ...
Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008. *Gasoline gallon equivalent. *Greasestock. *Sustainable biofuel ... Towards Sustainable Production and Use of Resources: Assessing Biofuels by the United Nations Environment Programme, October ... "PORT HUENEME, Calif: U.S. Navy to Produce its Own Biodiesel :: Future Energies :: The future of energy". Future Energies. 2003- ... National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Retrieved 2008-01-07.. *^ "A Promising Oil Alternative: Algae Energy". washingtonpost.com ...
Energy Resources Conservation Board - Wikipedia
Energy Resources Conservation Board. Retrieved March 3, 2012. Energy Resources Conservation Board Alberta Geological Survey ... The Alberta Energy Regulator, formerly the Energy Resources Conservation Board, has a tough act to follow when it comes to ... "the orderly transition from the Energy Resources Conservation Act to the Responsible Energy Development Act. Under this act, ... the newly formed Alberta Energy Regulator, will "bring together the regulatory functions from the Energy Resources Conservation ...
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. v. State Energy Resources Conservation & Development Commission - Wikipedia
v. State Energy Resources Conservation & Development Commission, 461 U.S. 190 (1983). Pacific Legal Foundation v. State Energy ... v. State Energy Resources Conservation & Development Commission, 461 U.S. 190 (1983), the United States Supreme Court held that ... v. State Energy Resources Conservation & Development Commission, 461 U.S. 190 (1983) is available from: CourtListener Findlaw ... 1982). Pacific Legal Foundation v. State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, 472 F. Supp. 191 (S.D. Cal. ...
Ontario Introduces the Water Opportunities and Water Conservation Act, 2010 - Energy and Natural Resources - Canada
Canada Energy and Natural Resources Borden Ladner Gervais LLP 1 Jun 2010 ... Ontario Minister of the Environment John Gerretsen introduced for first reading the Water Opportunities and Water Conservation ... More Popular Related Articles on Energy and Natural Resources from Canada Court Denies Certification Of Proposed Class Action ... Schedules 4 and 5 make amendments to the Green Energy Act 2009 and the Water Resources Act to ensure water use standards, ...
Human Resources & Recruitment, Mining, Resources & Energy, Farming, Animals & Conservation, Sport & Recreation, Management -...
Find your ideal job at SEEK with 733 jobs found for Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Area/Multi-site & 4 more ... Human Resources & Recruitment, Mining, Resources & Energy, Farming, Animals & Conservation, Sport & Recreation, Management - ... area: CBD & Inner SuburbsCBD & Inner Suburbsclassification: Mining, Resources & EnergyMining, Resources & Energy. ... area: Western SuburbsWestern Suburbsclassification: Mining, Resources & EnergyMining, Resources & Energy. subClassification: ...
Advertising, Arts & Media, Accounting, Mining, Resources & Energy, Farming, Animals & Conservation, Purchasing, Procurement &...
Advertising, Arts & Media, Accounting, Mining, Resources & Energy, Farming, Animals & Conservation, Purchasing, Procurement & ... Seeking an energy specialist in the procurement / category space!. *Make a mark in your Supply Chain career with a senior ... Opportunity to join one of the worlds most recognised brands! Specialised area of energy buying, lead the Category function in ...
ERIC - Idaho Energy Conservation Resource Guide for Health Education, Grades 7-12., 1979-Feb
Energy consumption affects both man and his environment; (3) Human values and attitudes affect energy usage; and (4) Energy ... The main objectives of the project are to increase the students understanding that: (1) Natural laws limit energy availability ... This manual is a resource guide on energy conservation for the teaching of health education. It contains 12 student activities ... Descriptors: Depleted Resources, Energy Conservation, Environment, Environmental Education, Health Education, Natural Resources ...
Additional Resources for Greenhouse Energy Conservation and Efficiency - eXtension
Resources from eXtension Farm Energy Strategies and Checklists Construction and Comprehensive Greenhouse Guides High... ... ag energy, ag energy resources and publications, ag energy conservation and efficiency, ag energy greenhouse efficiency ... Additional Resources for Greenhouse Energy Conservation and Efficiency. Farm Energy March 17, 2016 ... Greenhouse Efficiency and Conservation Case Studies Miscellaneous Resources related to Greenhouse Energy * Dealing with the ...
Virginia Administrative Code - Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources - Agency 25. Department Of Mines, Minerals And...
Table of Contents » Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources » Agency 25. Department Of Mines, Minerals And Energy » Chapter ... Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources. Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources. Agency 25. Department Of Mines, ... Soil resources information. Section 779.22. [Repealed]. Section 779.24. Maps; general requirements. Section 779.25. Cross ... Soil resources information. Section 783.22. Land-use information. Section 783.24. Maps; general requirements. Section 783.25. ...
Sustainability - Energy Conservation Resources
Energy Conservation Resources. Navigate. Following is a list of Energy Conservation Resources. To learn more about the ... For a directory of free Energy Conservation Resources, check out EHSfreeware.. Home ». Table of Contents ». Register for FREE » ... Building Energy Analysis Console (Beacon). By ICF International. Beacon is an energy simulation tool based on the DOE-2 ... C3 Energy and Emissions Management Solution. By C3. Helps monitor, mitigate, and monetize energy usage and associated ...
Resources | Free Full-Text | Metal Extraction Processes for Electronic Waste and Existing Industrial Routes: A Review and...
1.2.2. Energy and Resource Conservation. Recycling of e-waste for metal recovery is also important from the perspective of ... There are three general reasons for e-waste processing: environmental concerns, energy savings and resource efficiency. These ... One of the major benefits is a significant energy saving using recycled materials compared to virgin materials. The energy ... sustainability and resource conservation. The value distribution of PMs in PCBs and calculators is more than 80%. After PMs, ...
natural resources Archives - Sustainability, Energy Conservation & Recycling | Warren, NJ
Conservation Standards Compliance Information | Department of Energy
Home » Resources » Enforcement » Conservation Standards Compliance Information. This page provides a variety of links to help ... General Provisions (10 C.F.R. Part 429, Subpart A): Subpart A of Part 429 explains the applicability of the energy conservation ... Commercial and Industrial Equipment (10 C.F.R. Part 431): Part 431 provides the energy conservation standards (performance or ... Consumer Products (10 C.F.R. Part 430): Part 430 provides the energy conservation standards (performance or design requirements ...
Energy Environment and Natural Resources | WilmerHale
Wildlife and Conservation. + Wildlife and Conservation. WilmerHale offers exceptional legal and strategic advice regarding all ... Energy, Environment and Natural Resources. Clients around the globe look to us to tackle complex business issues involving ... Energy Generation and Transmission. + Energy Generation and Transmission. Companies around the world turn to our lawyers for ... Water Resources. + Water Resources. WilmerHales lawyers have decades of experience addressing water supply and water quality ...
Energy Conservation | Environment America
... www.ase.org/resources/2012-campus-conservation-nationals-green-campus-students-win-big-saving-energy. ... Energy Conservation. Conservation is an important part of the transition to clean, renewable energy. By promoting initiatives ... Colleges Across the U.S. Are Promoting Energy Conservation. Many campuses have developed energy conservation programs that ... Consult the U.S. Department of Energys article on energy-efficient college life: energy.gov/energysaver/articles/energy- ...
Federal Register :: Natural Resources Conservation Service
Expanding the Capabilities of Conservation Service on Private Lands. The purpose of this event is to initiate a Departmental ... The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will hold a Farm Bill 2002 National Technical Service Provider Summit ... Energy Efficiency & Renewable Resources 301 documents in the last year Climate Change 225 documents in the last year ... Natural Resources Conservation Service. A Notice by the Agriculture Department on 10/28/2002. ...
Rural Climate Change - Arizona AC Service Center, American Cooling And Heating, Examines The Effects of Global Warming and...
Resources for Implementing Federal Energy Savings Performance Contracts | Department of Energy
Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) Lessons Learned - For Energy Generation, Power Purchase Agreements, and Emerging Technology ... The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) offers resources to help federal agencies implement energy savings performance ... Home » Energy & Project Procurement Development Services » Energy Savings Performance Contracts » Resources for Implementing ... Preliminary Planning for Specialized Energy Conservation Measures. *Renewable Energy Screening for ESPCs: Outlines process and ...
Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin 2006-2007 - CST/Geology
Altera Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy Statement
Search Results - - 16 Results - Digital Library
Comments: Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commisssion (ERCDC) Draft Staff Report - Geothermal Description: My ... Filter: Resource Types. This dialog allows you to filter your current search. Each of the Resource Types listed note their name ... has initiated a program to evaluate the feasibility of developing the geothermal-geopressured energy resources of the Louisiana ... Additional Resources. * The Portal to Texas History A gateway to rare, historical, and primary source materials from or about ...
Agenda 21 - Republic of Moldova
... pilot-projects for energy conservation. Special courses on energy saving and energy resources are offered in Primary and ... 3. Department of Energy and Energy Resources. - co-ordinate activities in the field of energy with environment and transport ... Law on Energy Conservation (draft law in Parliament); and National Programme of Energy Conservation (in preparation).. ... National Agency for Energy Conservation information works with population concerning energy conservation (using mass-media), ...
Fundamental approach to the Environment - Fujitsu South Africa
Conserving energy and natural resources *Reduction of risks to human health and the environment ... Work on global environmental conservation *Tackling climate change *Preservation of biodiversity Environmental Targets. As ... Energy saving has emerged as one of the most critical elements on the IT agenda. ... Use - provide and use products to save energy and protect the environment ...
Guide to Archival Holdings (RG 155-196) | National Archives
... energy, and recreational resources; and resource conservation. The records consist of correspondence, clippings, issuances, ... Records of the National Resources Planning Board (RG 187). Administrative History. The National Resources Planning Board (NRPB ... coordinated Federal planning relating to conservation and efficient use of national resources, and encouraged local, State, and ... Planning activities involved studies of various natural resources and economic trends, such as development of urban, industrial ...
Global impacts of energy demand on the freshwater resources of nations | PNAS
... suggesting that the approach can be used to guide policies aimed at allocating resources for biodiversity conservation. ... Energy demand and global water resources. Robert Alan Holland, Kate A. Scott, Martina Flörke, Gareth Brown, Robert M. Ewers, ... Energy demand and global water resources. Robert Alan Holland, Kate A. Scott, Martina Flörke, Gareth Brown, Robert M. Ewers, ... Global impacts of energy demand on the freshwater resources of nations Message Subject (Your Name) has sent you a message from ...
Oil sands development contributes polycyclic aromatic compounds to the Athabasca River and its tributaries | PNAS
Energy Resources Conservation Board). (2009) ST98-2009, Power Point file of graphs and data from 2009 report, Albertas Energy ... ERCB (Energy Resources Conservation Board). (2005) ST98-2005, Power Point file of graphs and data from 2005 report, Albertas ... 2003) The Chemistry of Alberta Oil Sands, Bitumens and Heavy Oils (Alberta Energy Research Institute, Calgary, AB, Canada).. ... Oversight by an independent board of experts would make better use of monitoring resources and ensure that data are available ...
BSc Environmental Science with Professional Experience
Biogeography and conservation *Energy resources *Evolutionary biology *Forecasting: practice and presentation *Forestry and ... You can decide to pick and choose options for yourself or can stick to specialist pathways in water resources and quality, ... Some courses will require additional payments for field trips and extra resources. You will also need to budget for your ... Some courses will require additional payments for field trips and extra resources. You will also need to budget for your ...
Order Denying Motion
Federal Register :: Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation
... is issuing an interim rule for the Highly Erodible Land and Wetland Conservation Compliance provisions of the Food Security Act ... Energy Efficiency & Renewable Resources 303 documents in the last year Climate Change 225 documents in the last year ... PART 12-HIGHLY ERODIBLE LAND CONSERVATION AND WETLAND CONSERVATION. End Part Start Amendment Part. 1. The authority citation ... If a Tribe requests consultation, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will work with the USDA Office of Tribal ...
Resources | Environment California
Energy Conservation. *» Keep Readingabout Energy Conservation. Resource. Ten Ways Your Community Can Go Solar. The United ... I endorse Governor Browns pioneering vision to build 12,000 megawatts of clean energy - enough solar energy to cover a million ... Resource. Statewide endorsers to Gov. Browns Solar Vision. Over 60 elected officials from California have signed on to say: " ... Resource. Natural Gas and Global Warming Factsheet. California has made great strides to combat global warming with clean ...
Let's learn a Sustainable Lifestyle; children's workbook by Earth Charter International - Issuu
However, the energy saved by recycling one glass bottle could light a lightbulb for four hours. Water Resource Conservation ... There are different kinds of energy that benefit humanity, like: Solar Energy Every day the sun casts vast amounts of energy on ... Wind Energy Wind energy is produced by the force of the wind, and it does not cause contamination. Its disadvantage is that the ... Theme 4 - Preventing and Mitigating the Impacts of Human Activity Energy Conservation Introduction Human beings need a large ...
EfficiencyConsumptionNatural ResourcesBiodiversity ConservationOrgan Mountains-Desert Peaks Conservation ActFossil fuels2016Climate2000CoalRenewable ResourcesUtilizationAgriculturalEarth'sEnvironmental conservationRECLAMATIONExhaustible ResourcesCommitteeTargetsChapterRecyclingERCBOptimize1996RegulationsSustainable use of resourcesRegulatoryFiniteEnvironmentEvaluateImplementDevelopmentGreenhouseRetrofitSustainability initiativesEcosystemCountry'sSoilMinerals2020EffortsEmissionsWildlife ConservationProcurementWater resourcesSolarKineticDevelopCarbonAuthorityOptimizingMinesDepartment of EneManagement2002OrganizationsStakeholdersApproachesEcology
- This greenhouse has a double layer covering, horizontal air flow fans, perimeter insulation, an electronic environmental controller, and a high efficiency furnace that all contribute to energy efficiency and conservation. (extension.org)
- Top 10 Things a Greenhouse Grower Can Do To Improve Energy Efficiency Penn State University fact sheet. (extension.org)
- By Autodesk, Inc . The Autodesk Green Building Studio web-based energy analysis service can help architects and designers perform whole building analysis, optimize energy efficiency, and work toward carbon neutrality earlier in the design process. (ehssoftserve.com)
- By CADmeleon UK Ltd . Carbon Estates is an online energy benchmarking system for the built environment that allows users to make financial savings, carbon reductions and comply with CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme. (ehssoftserve.com)
- By CSRware Inc . CSRware's subscription-based solutions are specifically designed to help you manage your conservation, efficiency and sustainability initiatives. (ehssoftserve.com)
- These include the data requirements for certification reports, the sampling provisions for testing requirements, and the methodology for calculating an allowable "rating" or representation of energy/water efficiency or consumption. (energy.gov)
- At University of California, Merced, the Green Campus team has effectively used social networks, digital media and one-on-one conversations to share efficiency tips, reducing energy use in student residence halls by 3.7 percent. (environmentamerica.org)
- The view that consumers act irrationally now underlies a large regulatory program by the Department of Energy (DOE), which has issued appliance efficiency regulations covering products ranging from dishwashers to air conditioners to water heaters. (rff.org)
- The rebound effect from improving energy efficiency has been widely discussed-from the pages of the New York Times and New Yorker to the halls of policy and to a voluminous academic literature. (rff.org)
- Are Energy Efficiency Standards Justified? (rff.org)
- This paper develops and parameterizes an overarching analytical framework to estimate thewelfare effects of energy efficiency standards applied to automobiles and electricity-using durables. (rff.org)
- The model captures a wide rangeof externalities and preexisting energy policies, and it allows for possible "misperceptions"-marketfailures that cause underinvestment in energy efficiency.Automobile fuel economy standards are not part of the first-best policy to reduce gasoline: fueltaxes are always superior because they reduce the externalities related to vehicle miles traveled. (rff.org)
- From ramped-up efforts to improve the efficiency of home appliances to mandates requiring a net fleet-wide fuel economy increase in the coming years, efficiency standards are shaping up to be a golden child of U.S. energy policy. (rff.org)
- But with a slew of other options on the table to reduce energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions-such as carbon taxes, emissions trading schemes, and emissions intensity standards-are efficiency standards the most efficient policy option? (rff.org)
- According to the authors, there are two main economic rationales for energy efficiency standards applied to automobiles or electricity-using durable goods: creating environmental benefits and addressing the possibility that consumers might not fully grasp future energy savings from improved efficiency. (rff.org)
- The problem with using efficiency standards to mitigate pollution, especially that from carbon dioxide emissions, according to the authors, is that efficiency standards are an inferior policy instrument compared to energy or emissions taxes, because they exploit fewer options for reducing emissions. (rff.org)
- Efficiency policies may work to address the so-called energy paradox-the observed reluctance of energy users to adopt apparently cost-effective, efficient technologies. (rff.org)
- Do Energy Efficiency Investments Deliver at the Right Time? (nber.org)
- Benchmarking ordinances are local requirements for a building to provide the previous year's energy and/or water data in order to identify areas for energy efficiency. (ul.com)
- Instead, systematic conservation planning methods (Margules and Pressey 2000) have focused on achieving conservation "efficiency," either by minimizing the area required to meet specified conservation targets for species or habitat types or by maximizing the representation of habitats or species that can be achieved given a fixed area or number of sites that can be protected (Cocks and Baird 1989, Pressey et al. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The efficiency is the work done (W) compared to the total energy input Q H . (ohio-state.edu)
- Conservation of energy, W done = Q hot - Q cold , then efficiency = W done /Q hot = 1 - Q cold /Q hot (ohio-state.edu)
- and (4) Energy consumption is necessary to maintain our life style. (ed.gov)
- A Greenhouse Energy Conservation Checklist has been developed to help you review a greenhouse operation and identify areas where energy consumption can be reduced. (extension.org)
- Simple shifts in how people use energy on campus could save as much as 20 percent of energy consumption, and help colleges achieve their clean energy goals. (environmentamerica.org)
- Motivation: A main obstacle to people reducing their energy use is the lack of frequent and intuitive feedback about their energy consumption. (environmentamerica.org)
- Requires privately owned buildings (institutional, commercial and multifamily residential) and municipal buildings 50,000 ft2+ to be benchmarked and owners must disclose annual energy and water consumption. (ul.com)
- Use this energy survey with the School Energy Consumption lesson. (teachervision.com)
- The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: time series evidence from Asian developing countries ," Energy Economics , Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 615-625, December. (repec.org)
- The relationship between energy consumption, energy prices and economic growth: Time series evidence from Asian developing countries ," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 123754, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society. (repec.org)
- Our team includes a former US Secretary of the Interior, the former chair of a state Oil and Gas Commission, and other former high-ranking officials at the Environmental Protection Agency the US Interior and Defense Departments, and the US Justice Department's Environment and Natural Resources Division. (wilmerhale.com)
- Career opportunities for geologists in industry and government include environmental planning, evaluation of waste disposal sites, groundwater monitoring, and exploration for natural resources. (temple.edu)
- At the District level there are established Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Use Sections and Health Divisions (under the District Council). (un.org)
- We must understand that the way we care for our environment, as well as our daily attitudes, largely determine whether future generations will be able to enjoy our planetâ€™s natural resources and all its beauty. (issuu.com)
- 377.06 Public policy of state concerning natural resources of oil and gas. (flsenate.gov)
- conservation of natural resources, the wise use of the earth's resources by humanity. (questia.com)
- Conservation of natural resources is now usually embraced in the broader conception of conserving the earth itself by protecting its capacity for self-renewal. (questia.com)
- Conservation as part of a total approach to the use of natural resources was first introduced by President Theodore Roosevelt and his chief forester, Gifford Pinchot. (questia.com)
- In 1909 he appointed the National Conservation Commission, which published the first inventory of the country's natural resources. (questia.com)
- Long-term sustainability requires consideration of the availability of specific natural resources, energy, and water usage. (nsf.gov)
- The bill is assigned to the Senate Energy and Natural Resources committee. (govtrack.us)
- The bill's primary subject is Public lands and natural resources. (govtrack.us)
-  In addition, the Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources and Iceland's Environment Agency have recently published several less-comprehensive reports, which shed light on environmental trends in individual sectors. (europa.eu)
- The effect of insecure ownership on ordinary investment and on the exploitation of natural resources is examined. (repec.org)
- The United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources has jurisdiction over matters related to energy and nuclear waste policy, territorial policy, native Hawaiian matters, and public lands. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1977, it became the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, and Indian Affairs were removed from its jurisdiction into its own committee. (wikipedia.org)
- How Can Natural Resources Be Conserved? (teachervision.com)
- Alberta has an expanding economy based significantly on the development of natural resources such as agriculture, oil and gas, forestry and nature-based tourism. (canadianrockies.net)
- Leahy was joined by Vermont Secretary of Natural Resources Deb Markowitz and other state and federal officials and by dozens of leaders of local watershed groups in making the announcement at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center at the Leahy Center for Lake Champlain on Burlington's waterfront. (senate.gov)
- Affected are programs for land management, tribal governments, energy conservation, and research on natural resources. (csmonitor.com)
- Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development ," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. (repec.org)
- This paper, considers the existing models and tools regarding global assessments in the science-policy interface on biodiversity and ecosystem services, identifies its challenges and outlines new platforms to fill in the gaps for creating scientifically credible and policy-relevant decision-making towards biodiversity conservation. (omicsonline.org)
- Systematic planning for biodiversity conservation is being conducted at scales ranging from global to national to regional. (ecologyandsociety.org)
Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks Conservation Act1
- Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks Conservation Act, S. 441, 115th Cong. (govtrack.us)
- This book provides in-depth coverage of the latest research and development activities concerning innovative wind energy technologies intended to replace fossil fuels on an economical basis. (barnesandnoble.com)
- It is particularly relevant to examine how fossil fuels are used since they are currently our principal source of energy. (nap.edu)
- It includes: renewable and non-renewable resources, minerals, fossil fuels and water, conservation measures. (uaeu.ac.ae)
- In a November 2016 report, GAO found that BIA has taken steps to form an Indian Energy Service Center that is intended to, among other things, help expedite the permitting process associated with Indian energy development. (gao.gov)
- In June 2015 and in November 2016, GAO reported concerns associated with BIA's long-standing workforce challenges, such as inadequate staff resources and staff at some offices without the skills needed to effectively review energy-related documents. (gao.gov)
- In 2016, the competition resulted in a 15 percent reduction in energy use by residence halls, with the winning apartment building reducing its energy use by 38 percent. (environmentamerica.org)
- You can decide to pick and choose options for yourself or can stick to specialist pathways in water resources and quality, conservation and sustainability, climate and palaeoclimate change, and pollution and remediation. (reading.ac.uk)
- California has made great strides to combat global warming with clean energy and electric cars, but recent research shows that methane leaks during the production of oil and natural gas in California, as well as during the transportation and storage of natural gas, can erode or nullify our climate leadership. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- Concerns around climate change and raised hydro bills have put environmentally friendly and energy-efficient appliances at the top of the list for many consumers embracing the value of sustainability. (trendhunter.com)
- Even without the spectre of climate change, we should be moving to sustainable energy sources. (treehugger.com)
- China's 10th and 11th Five Year Plans (2000-2005, 2006-2010) were the first to include goals for renewable energy development. (nap.edu)
- Alberta Energy Regulator is "100 per cent funded by industry and is authorized to collect funds through an administrative fee levied on oil and gas wells, oil sands mines, and coal mines. (wikipedia.org)
- In addition to these amounts of carbon, comparable or larger amounts may be available in other fossil resources such as heavy oils, oil shale, tar sand, and lower grades of coal. (nap.edu)
- The world recoverable resources of coal, on the other hand, are very large. (nap.edu)
- Particularly complex are the problems of nonrenewable resources such as oil and coal (see energy, sources of ) and other minerals in great demand. (questia.com)
- Coal, oil and nuclear energy are derived from finite resources. (treehugger.com)
- Derived from CAB Abstracts, Biofuels Abstracts provides you with the latest information on biofuels and bioenergy, including production of energy crops, energy forestry, short-rotation coppice, processing of crops and agricultural wastes into biodiesel or fuel ethanol, utilization of fuelwood, and all CAB Abstracts records relating to key biofuel species such as Jatropha. (ehssoftserve.com)
- Therefore, a three pillars strategy of waste prevention, recycling and reuse has been suggested to minimize the environmental impact and promote the efficient utilization of wasted resources [ 2 ]. (mdpi.com)
- These benefits result in energy conservation through efficient utilization of limited resources. (sae.org)
- Available from NRAES: Natural Resource, Agricultural and Engineering Service for $30. (extension.org)
- It is an emerging concept, understood as "the responsible and broad-based management of the land, water, forest, and biological resources base (including genes) needed to sustain agricultural productivity and avert degradation of potential productivity" (CGIAR-INRM-Group 1999). (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The funds provided through Leahy's work are flexible funds and can be directed to points of maximum impact paying for agricultural runoff prevention projects, research into salmon and lake trout restoration, wetlands and stream bank conservation projects and more. (senate.gov)
- The Earth's energy resources are rapidly being depleted. (hostelbookers.com)
- The Alberta Energy Regulator is now "responsible for all projects from application to reclamation. (wikipedia.org)
- In the 1930s the erosion of much arable land in the Midwest underscored the need for land reclamation and for conservation in general. (questia.com)
- The Tennessee Valley Authority, set up in 1933, was an outstanding attempt to apply principles of conservation, soil reclamation, and electrification to an entire area, although some critics claim that the extensive river damming and similar New Deal legislation did not, on the whole, have a positive effect on the environment. (questia.com)
- The Effect of the Discount Rate on Depletion of Exhaustible Resources ," Journal of Political Economy , University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 841-851, October. (repec.org)
- The Committee is also charged to "study and review, on a comprehensive basis, matters relating to energy and resources development , and report thereon from time to time. (wikipedia.org)
- Part I of Schedule 1, describes the purposes of the act-to foster innovative water, waste water and storm water technologies and services in the public and private sectors, create conservation targets and to create economic opportunities for clean technology jobs. (mondaq.com)
- Part IV of the Act allows the making of regulations requiring public agencies including municipalities and government ministries to: prepare water conservation plans, achieve water conservation targets, ensure that goods and services or making capital investments to consider technologies to promote the efficient use of water resources. (mondaq.com)
- The prevailing planning paradigm is to identify the minimum land allocations needed to reach specified conservation targets or maximize the amount of conservation accomplished under an area or budget constraint. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- Nonetheless, given the important role that policy will continue to play in both countries' efforts to scale up the use of renewable energy, this chapter highlights the strategic approaches that China and the United States are taking, 1 and identifies some areas of common interest. (nap.edu)
- DeFeo Associates has spent over 25 years guiding public and private-sector clients through the complexities of energy conservation, solid waste management, recycling and LEED green building development. (defeoassociates.com)
- The Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) was an independent, quasi-judicial agency of the Government of Alberta. (wikipedia.org)
- The ERCB adjudicated and regulated matters related to energy within Alberta to ensure that the development, transportation, and monitoring of the province's energy resources were in the public interest. (wikipedia.org)
- While private companies can develop these resources, the ERCB was authorized by the government to protect the public's interest relating to the discovery, development, and delivery of these resources. (wikipedia.org)
- A succession of agencies led to the new ERCB being established 1 January 2008, as a result of the realignment of the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (EUB) into the ERCB and the Alberta Utilities Commission. (wikipedia.org)
- OTTAWA , June 8, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Peter Kent , federal Minister of the Environment and Minister responsible for the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency and Dan McFadyen, Chair of the Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) of Alberta, today announced the establishment of a three-member joint panel to review the proposed Pierre River Mine project near Fort McMurray, Alberta. (newswire.ca)
- Mr. Dilay was previously appointed as a Board Member of the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (EUB), successor to the previous ERCB, in 1995. (newswire.ca)
- Alberta has one of the world's largest nonconventional hydrocarbon resources with an estimated 1.8 trillion bbl of heavy oil (ERCB ST98-2013). (onepetro.org)
- ERCB ST98-2013: Alberta's Energy Reserves 2012 and Supply/Demand Outlook 2013-2022. (onepetro.org)
- The Fujitsu factory in Augsburg has set many standards in manufacturing excellence over the years, not least through efforts to save energy, reduce waste and optimize water usage, thereby reducing the overall impact on the environment. (fujitsu.com)
- Nevertheless, the deals carried a high price tag, even by California standards, raising the question of whether public funds were well invested in terms of conservation "bang for buck" (California Legislative Analyst's Office 1996). (ecologyandsociety.org)
- They will respond to project proponents, landowners and industry regarding energy regulations in Alberta. (wikipedia.org)
- Under the act, which was amended in 1976 to add new regulations, operators of nuclear and certain other power plants had to apply for certification by the new State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, or "Energy Commission" for short. (wikipedia.org)
- DOE, together with the Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Initiative , presented a webinar , in English and Chinese, on certification and compliance under the DOE energy conservation regulations for consumer products and industrial equipment. (energy.gov)
- However, recent regulations issued by DOE, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration have significantly extended the practical scope of this energy paradox beyond consumers to firms operating in competitive industries. (rff.org)
Sustainable use of resources1
- To integrate an international perspective to reflect new research findings and current practice in sustainable use of resources that can be applied within Ireland and elsewhere. (nuigalway.ie)
- Alberta's first energy regulatory body was created in 1938. (wikipedia.org)
- On 17 June 2013, all regulatory functions previously carried out by the Energy Resources Conservation Board were taken over by the Alberta Energy Regulator. (wikipedia.org)
- Under this act, the newly formed Alberta Energy Regulator, will "bring together the regulatory functions from the Energy Resources Conservation Board and the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development into a one-stop shop. (wikipedia.org)
- Companies around the world turn to our lawyers for assistance navigating regulatory challenges involving traditional and renewable energy. (wilmerhale.com)
- WilmerHale partners with Native American tribes to navigate complex regulatory issues related to tribal sovereignty and self-governance, land use, and resource and recreation development. (wilmerhale.com)
- WilmerHale's energy and environmental lawyers provide strategic counsel on commercial and regulatory issues related to a range of real estate and corporate transactions. (wilmerhale.com)
- But unlike something like energy, it's a finite resource. (fastcompany.com)
- This table presents the full listing of cities in California and their total installed amounts of distributed solar photovoltaic power systems, from the Environment California Research & Policy Center report California's Solar Cities 2012: Leaders in the Race Toward a Clean Energy Future. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- Energy and Built Environment. (aau.dk)
- In the United States numerous laws were passed to protect the environment and its resources (see environmentalism ). (questia.com)
- Those who focus in architecture and the environment, conservation biology, environmental chemistry, environmental geology, geography, or human ecology automatically qualify as joint majors. (middlebury.edu)
- By this logic, one can only evaluate the conservation value of a candidate site in the context of how the biodiversity of the site would change under alternative scenarios of land use and land management relative to the estimated cost associated with each scenario. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- Evaluate true/false statements about alternate forms of energy from the Sun, wind, and water. (teachervision.com)
- The Pike 1 Project is currently under a multiyear appraisal program to evaluate the McMurray bitumen resources that are amenable to steam-assisted gravity drainage(SAGD). (onepetro.org)
- Community Initiatives: Social interaction programs, like competitions, are relatively cheap and easy to implement, foster energy conservation awareness and help students and faculty to reduce their energy use. (environmentamerica.org)
- The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) offers resources to help federal agencies implement energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs). (energy.gov)
- The ERCB's mission was to ensure that the discovery, development, and delivery of Alberta's energy resources took place in a manner that was fair, responsible and in the public interest. (wikipedia.org)
- Alberta Energy Regulator is a corporation created by the Responsible Energy Development Act passed on 10 December 2012 and proclaimed on 17 June 2013, in the Alberta Legislature, operating at arm's length from the Government of Alberta, under an appointed board of directors headed by Chair, Gerry Protti and CEO Jim Ellis, appointed by Energy Minister Ken Hughes. (wikipedia.org)
- AER also "considers some 36 800 applications for energy development every year. (wikipedia.org)
- In December 2012, the Responsible Energy Development Act passed in the Alberta Legislature. (wikipedia.org)
- Alberta Energy Regulator is mandated under the Act, to direct and oversee "the orderly transition from the Energy Resources Conservation Act to the Responsible Energy Development Act. (wikipedia.org)
- Responsible Energy Development Act gave the Alberta Energy Regulator "the authority to administer the Public Lands Act, the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and the Water Act, with regards to energy development. (wikipedia.org)
- In Pacific Gas & Electric Co. v. State Energy Resources Conservation & Development Commission, 461 U.S. 190 (1983), the United States Supreme Court held that a state statute regulating economic aspects of nuclear generating plants was not preempted by the federal Atomic Energy Act of 1954. (wikipedia.org)
- California statute: Responding to these concerns, California in 1974 enacted the Warren-Alquist State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Act, Cal. (wikipedia.org)
- The Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit had also consolidated another federal district court case, Pacific Legal Foundation v. State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, which challenged other portions of the California statute into the Pacific Gas case. (wikipedia.org)
- In three prior reports on Indian energy development, GAO found that the Department of the Interior's (Interior) Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) has inefficiently managed Indian energy resources and the development process and thereby limited opportunities for tribes and their members to use those resources to create economic benefits and improve the well-being of their communities. (gao.gov)
- GAO categorized concerns associated with BIA management of energy resources and the development process into several broad areas, including oversight of BIA activities, collaboration, and BIA workforce planning. (gao.gov)
- GAO recommended that BIA assess critical skills and competencies needed to fulfill its responsibilities related to energy development, and that it establish a documented process for assessing BIA's workforce composition at agency offices. (gao.gov)
- Development of Indian energy resources is a complex process that may involve federal, tribal, and state agencies. (gao.gov)
- Interior's BIA has primary authority for managing Indian energy development and generally holds final decision-making authority for leases, permits, and other approvals required for development. (gao.gov)
- It focuses primarily on BIA's management of Indian energy resources and development. (gao.gov)
- The Geothermal Drilling Organization (GDO), formed in the early 1980s by the geothermal industry and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Geothermal Division, sponsors specific development projects to advance the technologies used in geothermal exploration, drilling, and production phases. (unt.edu)
- The research presented here represents a segment of a cumulative impact assessment of resource development in northeastern British Columbia. (springer.com)
- Projections as to the cost and path of technological development of various energy supply systems in the future are not attempted, but are discussed generally in terms of their relevance to greenhouse warming. (nap.edu)
- Economic development and human progress have led to a proliferation of manufactured chemicals and materials made from limited resources found in nature (i.e., minerals and metals, petroleum-based products and natural gas). (nsf.gov)
- The Headwaters Forest, Ahmanson Ranch, and Ballona Wetlands shared several traits of modern conservation projects that will be featured in this framework: the areas contained significant biological resources that were threatened by development or extractive activities, and public acquisition had broad public support and was championed by passionate and committed environmental groups. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The NEC will also assume many of the energy-focused activities of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Finance. (nap.edu)
- Institutions and the resource curse ," Development and Comp Systems 0210003, EconWPA. (repec.org)
- Greenhouse Energy Conservation Checklist by John Bartok, Univ. (extension.org)
- A brief but comprehensive summary of steps growers can take to reduce greenhouse energy use. (extension.org)
- Books, articles and Web sites, and computer software relevant to solar greenhouse design are all provided in a resource list. (extension.org)
- Dealing with the High Cost of Energy for Greenhouse Operations Fact sheet by Joyce G. Latimer, Extension Specialist, Greenhouse Crops, Virginia Tech. 2001. (extension.org)
- Helps monitor, mitigate, and monetize energy usage and associated greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in order to increase profitability. (ehssoftserve.com)
- Rather, the panel indicates the range of possible energy supply systems in the United States and their implications for greenhouse gas emissions at the current time. (nap.edu)
- The level at which we use each of these primary energy sources has a major impact on greenhouse gas emissions, primarily because of the differing levels of CO 2 that these sources introduce into the atmosphere. (nap.edu)
- In the year 2010 only 18% of Iceland's greenhouse gas emissions came from the waste and energy sectors. (europa.eu)
- One answer to reduce the global warming effect is to replace and retrofit current traditional energy resources with alternative energy sources which perform comparably better without emitting carbon dioxide. (oreilly.com)
- With the more stringent new thermal resistance and airtightness requirements of the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), energy-efficient exterior wall assemblies are now an even higher priority in North American new construction and retrofit projects. (certainteed.com)
- The Green Labs Program works with students, staff and faculty to reduce energy use through a variety of sustainability initiatives. (environmentamerica.org)
- Although the designers were inspired by the natural examples, they quickly found a more actionable solution in the Life's Principles, a chart created by the Biomimicry Guild to illustrate how the earth regulates and conserves resources within its own giant ecosystem. (fastcompany.com)
- The goals of the NEC are to devise China's energy strategy, ensure the country's energy security, and coordinate cooperative programs. (nap.edu)
- By 1960 the Soil Conservation Service, established in 1935, covered 95% of all farms and ranches in the United States. (questia.com)
- The book offers a valuable resource for all university graduate students, researchers and R&D engineers in minerals processing and extractive metallurgy who wish to explore innovative reagents and technologies that lead to more energy efficient and environmentally sustainable solutions. (barnesandnoble.com)
- His major research interests include mineral flotation and flotation reagents, applied surface chemistry in mineral, metallurgical and material processing, electrochemistry of flotation for sulfide minerals, flotation of fine particles, agglomeration and dispersion of fine particles, solution chemistry of flotation, bio-extraction technology for sulfide minerals, waste and secondary resources recovery etc. (barnesandnoble.com)
- I endorse Governor Brown's pioneering vision to build 12,000 megawatts of clean energy - enough solar energy to cover a million solar roofs - by 2020. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- The efforts yielded an annual reduction in energy used for lighting of 36.4 percent the first year, and 50.9 percent the second year. (environmentamerica.org)
- Regardless of project size, all conservation efforts must address the same questions: Are we protecting the right places, and are we getting our money's worth? (ecologyandsociety.org)
- Metrick and Weitzman (1998), in particular, argue that priorities must be assigned to conservation efforts based on a formal evaluation of biodiversity value, the conservation cost, and the degree to which conservation action will improve the likelihood of biodiversity persisting. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- However, even in this case, they result in only modest reductions in energy use and emissions. (rff.org)
- Here are 3 fun wildlife tours that help support wildlife conservation at the same time! (thefuntimesguide.com)
- Enable government to demonstrate leadership through considering water conservation in procurement and through conservation planning by all public agencies. (mondaq.com)
- Schedules 4 and 5 make amendments to the Green Energy Act 2009 and the Water Resources Act to ensure water use standards, adoption of new technologies and conservation criteria are taken into account by government facilities. (mondaq.com)
- Throughout the 1950s attention was focused on the problem of conservation of water resources, particularly in the Southwest. (questia.com)
- By building solar on houses, apartment buildings, offices, schools and warehouses across California, we can create green jobs, reduce air pollution, and generate clean energy to power our lives. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- The United States has enough solar energy installed to power over 11 million American homes. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- Yet, most have only begun to tap their solar energy potential. (environmentcalifornia.org)
- In an engine driven by an ideal gas, the energy transferred is the difference in the kinetic energy. (ohio-state.edu)
- Interior did not indicate whether it intends to track and monitor its review of other energy-related documents that must be approved before tribes can develop resources. (gao.gov)
- The goal of the competition is to reduce electricity use by 10 percent compared to a 2005 baseline during the competition, and to develop lasting energy-conscious habits. (environmentamerica.org)
- Participatory action research and experiential learning, in which researchers engage themselves as actors rather than neutral analysts in an R&D process to explore the livelihood system and develop appropriate solutions together with the resource users, has shown high potential. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- In this paper, we develop and illustrate the application of a framework for making efficient conservation investments. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- New Science Resources Help middle-schoolers develop science and lab safety skills with new resources on circuits , measuring current , and lab safety with chemicals with these activities from TeacherVision partner Amdon and PageWerkz ! (teachervision.com)
- Earth Day April 22 Help your students develop a conservation mindset using our collection of resources . (teachervision.com)
- Web-based whole-building energy, water, and carbon analysis capabilities converge with desktop tools to conduct detailed environmental simulations and visualize results. (ehssoftserve.com)
- Solutions to help you reduce energy use, cut costs, manage carbon and become more sustainable. (ehssoftserve.com)
- Two sections in particular became the subject of dispute: Section 25524.1(b) provided that the Energy Commission had the authority to determine, prior to the building of a new nuclear power plant, that there would be adequate storage space for the spent fuel rods "at the time such nuclear facility requires such storage. (wikipedia.org)
- General Provisions (10 C.F.R. Part 429, Subpart A): Subpart A of Part 429 explains the applicability of the energy conservation standards to imported products, the requirements for a submitter to claim that information is confidential business information, and DOE's subpoena authority. (energy.gov)
- Optimizing systems and improving water conservation. (mondaq.com)
- BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources (2005a). (springer.com)
Department of Ene1
- Department of Energy, Washington, DC. (ed.gov)
- Integrate the application with energy management solutions to take your sustainability program into measuring the total building life cycle including operation and maintenance. (ehssoftserve.com)
- Modules include the Energy & Sustainability Management (ESM) Module and the Sustainable Supply Chain (SSC) Module. (ehssoftserve.com)
- In the past 2 years, GAO issued three reports and made 14 recommendations to BIA to improve its management of Indian energy resources, such as to track its review process, improve collaboration, and conduct workforce planning. (gao.gov)
- Pursuant to section 801(a)(2)(A) of title 5, United States Code, this is our report on a major rule promulgated by the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) entitled "Waste Prevention, Production Subject to Royalties, and Resource Conservation" (RIN: 1004-AE14). (gao.gov)
- This paper analyzes integrated natural resource management (INRM) lessons and success factors based on a practical case study over more than 10 years in Zimbabwe. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The work was geared toward enhancing the adaptive management capacity of the stakeholders in their resource-use systems. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The term "integrated natural resource management" has no universally accepted definition. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- The management of solid waste has improved greatly, and in 2012 69% of all solid waste was recycled or incinerated for energy. (europa.eu)
- In an effort to protect native species and ecosystems from overexploitation by humans, public and private conservation organizations engage with landowners in complex property transactions ranging from outright purchase to easements or management agreements. (ecologyandsociety.org)
- Institutions and the resource curse ," Memorandum 29/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics. (repec.org)
- Towns, watershed groups, lake associations and conservation organizations have the opportunity to compete for a portion of the funds through the Lake Champlain Basin Program's "Local Implementation Grants" effort, which has funded more than 700 small grants over the years. (senate.gov)
- We continue to need large-scale and sustained work projects to clean up Lake Champlain, but some of our most effective work comes from these dollars invested in towns, watershed groups, lake committees and conservation organizations to leverage their capacity to work in their own back yards and farm fields. (senate.gov)
- Open access to information developed awareness, understanding and responsible behavior and allowed the Board and stakeholders to make informed decisions about energy and utility matters. (wikipedia.org)
- The United States and China have historically taken different approaches to policy making in the energy sector, partly because they have different needs and priorities and partly because they have different systems of government. (nap.edu)
- Conservation Ecology 5 (2): 29. (ecologyandsociety.org)