Congresses as Topic
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
Allergy and Immunology
Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
Legislation as Topic
Health Impact Assessment
Portraits as Topic
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
An Act prohibiting a health plan from establishing lifetime limits or annual limits on the dollar value of benefits for any participant or beneficiary after January 1, 2014. It permits a restricted annual limit for plan years beginning prior to January 1, 2014. It provides that a health plan shall not be prevented from placing annual or lifetime per-beneficiary limits on covered benefits. The Act sets up a competitive health insurance market.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (U.S.)
State Health Plans
National Health Programs
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
The Commission was created by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 under Title XVIII. It is specifically charged to review the effect of Medicare+Choice under Medicare Part C and to review payment policies under Parts A and B. It is also generally charged to evaluate the effect of prospective payment policies and their impact on health care delivery in the US. The former Prospective Payment Assessment Commission (ProPAC) and the Physician Payment Review Commission (PPRC) were merged to form MEDPAC.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
United States Food and Drug Administration
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Insurance, Health, Reimbursement
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Organized services to administer immunization procedures in the prevention of various diseases. The programs are made available over a wide range of sites: schools, hospitals, public health agencies, voluntary health agencies, etc. They are administered to an equally wide range of population groups or on various administrative levels: community, municipal, state, national, international.
Costs and Cost Analysis
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Journal Impact Factor
Internship and Residency
Community Health Services
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
Health Services Accessibility
Body of knowledge related to the use of organisms, cells or cell-derived constituents for the purpose of developing products which are technically, scientifically and clinically useful. Alteration of biologic function at the molecular level (i.e., GENETIC ENGINEERING) is a central focus; laboratory methods used include TRANSFECTION and CLONING technologies, sequence and structure analysis algorithms, computer databases, and gene and protein structure function analysis and prediction.
Attitude of Health Personnel
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
School Health Services
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Fellowships and Scholarships
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Education, Medical, Graduate
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Weight Reduction Programs
Health Plan Implementation
Education, Dental, Graduate
Education, Medical, Continuing
Rural Health Services
Occupational Health Services
Interviews as Topic
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Regional Medical Programs
Small computers using LSI (large-scale integration) microprocessor chips as the CPU (central processing unit) and semiconductor memories for compact, inexpensive storage of program instructions and data. They are smaller and less expensive than minicomputers and are usually built into a dedicated system where they are optimized for a particular application. "Microprocessor" may refer to just the CPU or the entire microcomputer.
Delivery of Health Care
A broad approach to appropriate coordination of the entire disease treatment process that often involves shifting away from more expensive inpatient and acute care to areas such as preventive medicine, patient counseling and education, and outpatient care. This concept includes implications of appropriate versus inappropriate therapy on the overall cost and clinical outcome of a particular disease. (From Hosp Pharm 1995 Jul;30(7):596)
Home Care Services
Community health and NURSING SERVICES providing coordinated multiple services to the patient at the patient's homes. These home-care services are provided by a visiting nurse, home health agencies, HOSPITALS, or organized community groups using professional staff for care delivery. It differs from HOME NURSING which is provided by non-professionals.
Medically Underserved Area
Healthy People Programs
Healthy People Programs are a set of health objectives to be used by governments, communities, professional organizations, and others to help develop programs to improve health. It builds on initiatives pursued over the past two decades beginning with the 1979 Surgeon General's Report, Healthy People, Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives, and Healthy People 2010. These established national health objectives and served as the basis for the development of state and community plans. These are administered by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). Similar programs are conducted by other national governments.
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Communicable Disease Control
Behaviors expressed by individuals to protect, maintain or promote their health status. For example, proper diet, and appropriate exercise are activities perceived to influence health status. Life style is closely associated with health behavior and factors influencing life style are socioeconomic, educational, and cultural.
A cancer registry mandated under the National Cancer Act of 1971 to operate and maintain a population-based cancer reporting system, reporting periodically estimates of cancer incidence and mortality in the United States. The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program is a continuing project of the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health. Among its goals, in addition to assembling and reporting cancer statistics, are the monitoring of annual cancer incident trends and the promoting of studies designed to identify factors amenable to cancer control interventions. (From National Cancer Institute, NIH Publication No. 91-3074, October 1990)
The identification of selected parameters in newborn infants by various tests, examinations, or other procedures. Screening may be performed by clinical or laboratory measures. A screening test is designed to sort out healthy neonates (INFANT, NEWBORN) from those not well, but the screening test is not intended as a diagnostic device, rather instead as epidemiologic.
Mental health care in the Philippines
The National Program Management Committee and the Program Development and Management teams were organized in order to oversee ... In Congress, Representatives Leni Gerona-Robredo, Romero Quimbo, Ibarra Gutierrez, Walden Bello, Karlo Alexei Nograles, Kaka ... NCMH also offers a 4-year psychiatric residency training program for doctors and a 2-year psychiatric nursing program for ... Programs of the Department of Health under the Mental Health Policy include the improvement of the promoting of knowledge of ...
Fiat 500 (2007)
Chrysler Media (2013-04-13). "Fiat 500e priced at $32,500; 500e Pass program". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2013-04-14. ... The program, called ePass, entitles 500e owners to a business account with enough points to rent a gasoline-powered standard ... The gasoline-powered cars available for the ePass program are the Fiat 500, the upcoming[when?] Fiat 500L, the Dodge Dart or ... The new 500 has seven airbags in all models and available ABS brakes, ESP (electronic stability program), ASR (antislip ...
". "OtroMundo International Congress". "SOLAIR 2019 - Program". "INBOTS 2018 Session 2". "Sydney Ideas, 27 November 2019". " ... OtroMundo International Congress (Medellín, Colombia), SOLAIR 2019 (Prague, Czech Republic), INBOTS 2018 (Pisa, Italy), and ...
Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement
... but OSM is charged with inspection of the state programs to meet the standard of quality. OSM regularly inspects state programs ... Preventing Government Waste and Protecting Coal Mining Jobs in America (H.R. 2824; 113th Congress) is a bill that, if passed, ... Provide assistance in the development of AML programs to help manage bats and their habitats; (3) For Federal Programs, monitor ... "Land Reclamation Program". Protecting Missouri's Natural Resources. Missouri Department of Natural Resources. January 2007. ...
Futurity (horse competition)
Quarter Horse Congress. Retrieved 20 August 2019. "Prize Program: Sweepstakes". American Saddlebred Horse Association. Avila, ... The largest of these events is held at the Quarter Horse Congress, but similar events exist for other horse breeds such as the ... In the UK, a program designed to develop the best young horses in that nation for Olympic-level disciplines uses a futurity ... Owners of these horses have access to expert nutrition and veterinary advice as part of the program. Competition does not begin ...
"About This Program , Library of Congress". Library of Congress. Washington, D.C., 20540 USA. Archived from the original on ... Library of Congress. Washington, D.C., 20540 USA. Archived from the original on February 2, 2007.CS1 maint: location (link) " ... was included in the National Recording Registry by the National Recording Preservation Board of the Library of Congress. The ... February 8, 2007.CS1 maint: location (link) "Librarian of Congress Names 50 Sound Recordings to the Inaugural National ...
"Mayon". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved May 22, 2012. "Pocdol Mountains". Global Volcanism Program ... "Gerona-Robredo, Leni". Congress.gov. Retrieved March 11, 2016. http://www.pba-online.net/profile/Reil-Cervantes/446/ "Ildefonso ... "Iriga". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved May 22, 2012. "Malinao". Global Volcanism Program. ... "Bulusan". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved May 22, 2012. "K-12 Primer as of 20 December 2011" (PDF ...
"IDAHO HOMETOWN HERO MEDAL". Library of Congress. "KISU Program Guide". FM 90.1 KISU. Retrieved 20 April 2015. "Liberty Dialysis ... Director, Home program for Idaho Kidney center, Pocatello. Director, Home program for Idaho Kidney center, Idaho Falls. ... Dan Burton of Indiana, Co-Chair Congressional Pakistan Caucus) Recipient of Congressional Record by US House 112th Congress ... Recipient of Congressional Record - Fahim Rahim & Naeem Rahim (PDF). Idaho US: Library of Congress. pp. S5858 - September 18, ...
"Congress Program" (PDF). 25th International Nursing Research Program. Retrieved April 17, 2015. "Adejoke Ayoola". American ... Program Officer, September. 1999 - October. 2000: Action Health Incorporation, Lagos, Nigeria Program Officer, June. 1998 - ... ethnically diverse low-income communities were the partnering neighborhoods with CCDON program. The goal of the project was to ... Presented at the National State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research, Washington, DC, Oct. 2-4, 2008". American Journal ...
She gave a lecture on her work to the Library of Congress in 2004. In 1995, Nance became a digital pioneer, developing her ... "Welcome to the Un-University". Interactive Telecommunications Program. Retrieved July 2, 2017. Rowe, Monica Dyer (1998). " ... Library of Congress. Retrieved March 11, 2017. Nance, Marilyn. "Meet Marilyn Nance: Photographer/Psychic?". NPR.org. Retrieved ... "Women Photojournalists: Marilyn Nance - Resources (Prints and Photographs Reading Room, Library of Congress)". www.loc.gov. ...
Umakant Sinha Memorial Award of the Indian Science Congress Association in 2017. The Council of Scientific and Industrial ... "Program details" (PDF). Carcinogenesis 2012 International Conference. 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2017.. ... "ISCA Awardees". Indian Science Congress. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 16 November 2017. "Prof. B.K. Bachhawat Memorial Young ...
Holyoke, Mass.) 1903-1964". Library of Congress. Archived from the original on January 22, 2015. La vie franco-américaine. ... Souvenir Program. Holyoke, Mass.: LaJustice Publishing Company. "About La justice. ( ...
The term decompiler is most commonly applied to a program which translates executable programs (the output from a compiler) ... "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" (PDF). US Congress. 1998-10-28. Retrieved 2013-11-15. https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2018- ... Second, decompilation must be necessary to achieve interoperability with the target program or other programs. Interoperability ... In many cases, it should be able to find the equivalent of the main function of a C program, which is the start of the user ...
Library of Congress. February 15, 2000. Retrieved 2015-03-21. "Program Preview". Time. Time Inc. February 4, 1957. Retrieved ... "Some of Top Programs Coming Week". Austin Daily Herald. Austin, Minnesota. April 4, 1959. "Rex Stout to Appear on 'Last Word' ... "Program Preview". Time. Time Inc. December 10, 1956. Retrieved 2015-03-22. "Omnibus: The Fine Art of Murder". TV Guide: A-18. ... "Program Reviews: The Voice of Freedom". The Billboard. 54 (15): 8. April 11, 1942. Retrieved March 22, 2015. "Local Station ...
List of modern production plug-in electric vehicles
Chrysler Media (2013-04-13). "Fiat 500e priced at $32,500; 500e Pass program". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2013-04-14. Edward ... "Chevy Volt continues to lead plug-in sales in US in July". Green Car Congress. 2012-08-03. Retrieved 2012-08-04. 8 unites were ... "Chevrolet Volt MSRP Starts at $41,000, $33,500 Net of Full Federal Credit; 3-year Lease Program with Option to Buy". Green Car ... "Renault boosts range of ZOE EV to 400 km with new 41 kWh pack option". Green Car Congress. Renault. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2016- ...
Program #118". Library of Congress. Retrieved 15 April 2021. Talley, Elena Lence; Carl, Jane (November 1994). "1994 ... "Boston Symphony Orchestra programs book, Summer, 1978" (PDF). p. 86. Retrieved 10 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link) "Program of Festival Internacional ... "History of Fischoff Winners". Fischoff Competition Program. 38th Annual. May 2011. Pfeifer, Ellen (10 May 2005). "NEC Prep ...
"About This Program". Library of Congress. Retrieved January 17, 2018. "The Mapleson Cylinders". New York Public Library. ... The special program consisted not only of various scenes from opera, but also offered Marcella Sembrich playing the violin and ... In addition to complete operas and gala concerts, television programs produced at the Met have included: an episode of Omnibus ... The Met's online archive database provides links to all Rhapsody, Sirius XM, and Met Player operas, with complete program and ...
Population planning in Singapore
"Singapore - Government". Country Studies Program. Library of Congress. Retrieved 11 August 2011. Youngblood, Ruth (21 June 1987 ... The government program "Stop-at-Two" was very successful. The program could even be considered too successful. The policy that ... 3 (1). "Singapore: Population Control Policies". Library of Congress Country Studies (1989). Library of Congress. Retrieved 11 ... According to a paper by the Library of Congress, by the 1980s, "Singapore's vital statistics resembled those of other countries ...
William J. Walker
Prior to this assignment he completed the IC Senior Leadership Program and served as Deputy Director, DEA Office of Special ... Jalonick, Mary Clare (March 8, 2021). "Pelosi picks DC National Guard chief to lead security in US House". Pentagon-Congress. ... Walker has also attended and completed the National and International Security Program for senior executives at the Kennedy ... School of Government at Harvard University, the National Security Studies Program at George Washington University and the ...
Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
It created the Medicare Quality Payment Program. Clinicians can choose to participate in the Quality Payment Program through ... Congress.gov. Library of Congress. Retrieved Nov 15, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "The Basics of the SGR ... MIPS is an incentive program that consolidates three incentive programs into one, for eligible physicians. APMs allow ... "Quality Payment Program". Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 23 March 2020. Retrieved 12 September 2020. "MACRA: MIPS & ...
"Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress". bioguideretro.congress.gov. Archived from the original on October 26, 2020. ... "Thomas Massie". Lemelson-MIT Program. Archived from the original on January 23, 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2018. Slanina, ... Before joining Congress, Massie was Judge-Executive of Lewis County, Kentucky from 2011 to 2012. He also ran a start-up company ... "Congress reaches deal on coronavirus relief bill, which Trump is expected to sign". NBC News. Retrieved April 21, 2020. Egan, ...
Adagio for Strings
"Concert Program". New York Philharmonic. January 29, 1981. Retrieved March 18, 2021. "Barber's Adagio is Not the Saddest Music ... Adagio for Strings by Cary O'Dell, Library of Congress, National Recording Registry Morin, Alexander (2001). Classical Music: ... I wish they'd play some of my other pieces." In 2004, listeners of the BBC's Today program voted Adagio for Strings the " ... Heyman 1992, p. [page needed]. "The National Recording Registry 2005". Library of Congress. Retrieved April 27, 2007. Lee, ...
Timeline of the War in Afghanistan (2001-present)
"U.S. Department of Labor - Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP) - Defense Base Act Case Summary by Nation". Dol.gov ... crsreports.congress.gov. Congressional Research Service. Retrieved 4 December 2019. Akmal Dawi. "Despite Massive Taliban Death ... Rassler, Don; Vahid Brown (14 July 2011). "The Haqqani Nexus and the Evolution of al-Qaida" (PDF). Harmony Program. Combating ... Martinez, Luis (10 July 2020). "Top Pentagon officials say Russian bounty program not corroborated". ABC News. Shams, Shamil (4 ...
War in Afghanistan (2001-present)
"U.S. Department of Labor - Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP) - Defense Base Act Case Summary by Nation". Dol.gov ... crsreports.congress.gov. Congressional Research Service. Retrieved 4 December 2019. Akmal Dawi. "Despite Massive Taliban Death ... Rassler, Don; Vahid Brown (14 July 2011). "The Haqqani Nexus and the Evolution of al-Qaida" (PDF). Harmony Program. Combating ... Manuel Fontaine UNICEF Director of Emergency Programs said the world has forgotten children living in conflict zones. According ...
Open Trusted Technology Provider Standard
US Congress. Retrieved 6 June 2016. "Open Group Accreditation Program". Open Group. Open Group. Retrieved 22 June 2015. " ... The standard and accreditation program have been mentioned in testimony delivered to the US Congress regarding supply chain ... The O-TTPS Accreditation Program began in February 2014. IBM was the first company to achieve accreditation for conformance to ... be certified for their conformance to the standard through the Open Group's Trusted Technology Provider Accreditation Program. ...
Proceedings World Geothermal Congress. S2CID 208369582. "Huanquihue Group". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution. ...
"Program for Cooperative Cataloging". Retrieved 16 March 2015. "MARC 21 Format for Authority Data". Library of Congress Network ... LCCN - Library of Congress Control Number NDL - National Diet Library VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, an ... In some instances, software programs support workers tasked with maintaining the catalog to do ongoing tasks such as automated ... Catalogers at the United States Library of Congress chose one form-"O'Brien, Flann, 1911-1966"-as the official heading. The ...
Trail of the Ancients
National Scenic Byways Program. U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 12, 2014. Senate bill 1414 - Trail of the ... Congress. Congressional Record, V. 151, Pt. 12, July 14 to July 22, 2005. Government Printing Office. p. 337. GGKEY:EQ7ZDQLQWX8 ... 18 NMAC 31.2 New Mexico Scenic and Historic Byways Program. Transportation and Highways. New Mexico Legislation. Filed February ...
Hussen acts as the program's founding director. Until 2012, Hussen served as a sitting member of the Harper government's Cross- ... Hussen currently serves as the national president of the Canadian Somali Congress (CSC). Under his leadership, the CSC ... "Somali Women Scholarship Program". Canadian International Peace Project. Retrieved January 11, 2014. "Harper Government Reaches ... In May 2010, the Canadian Somali Congress and Canadian International Peace Project also partnered with the Global Enrichment ...
Laguna Verde (volcano)
The edifice has an estimated volume of 16 cubic kilometres (3.8 cu mi). "Laguna Verde". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian ... "Igneous Related Geothermal Resource in the Chilean Andes" (PDF). World Geothermal Congress 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2016. CS1 ...
Find this book on the United States Library of Congress catalog. * Find this book in the National Agricultural Library catalog ... Education program. * Education outreach. * Wikisource references. * Wikidata source metadata. * Wikipedia in Research platforms ... ISBN converter (with optional hyphenation after conversion) at the Library of Congress ...
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
Congress enacted major revisions to FIFRA in 1972 with the Federal Environmental Pesticide Control Act (FEPCA). The 1947 law ... The protection program has 2 main goals: (1) provide the best protection of endangered species from pesticides and (2) minimize ... To be sure this program is implemented, some labels will direct users of the pesticides to bulletins with specific information ... the impact of the program on pesticide users.. To protect the endangered species with the EPA program, the following was ...
Labor Unions, Employment and Labor Relations. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1994. Retrieved 12 June 2011 ... The Canadian Labour Congress was founded in 1956 as the national trade union center for Canada. ... and the Sheffield Outrages spurred the establishment of the Trades Union Congress in 1868, the first long-lived national trade ... such as the AFL-CIO in the United States and the Trades Union Congress in the United Kingdom. Other global trade union ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
The following academic programs (Bachelor of Science 4-year degree programs) are offered at USMMA: ... Congress passed the landmark Merchant Marine Act in 1936, and two years later, the U.S. Merchant Marine Cadet Corps was ... It was involved in such programs as training U.S. officers for the nuclear-powered merchant ship, the NS Savannah. ... As the war drew to a close, plans were made to convert the academy's wartime curriculum to a four-year, college-level program ...
However, after the First Gulf War (1991), the Iraqi government aggressively revived a program to divert the flow of the Tigris ... USAID Iraq Marshlands Restoration Program Final Report, Chapter 9 Archived 2014-10-21 at the Wayback Machine. ... United States Agency for International Development Iraq Marshlands Restoration Program Final Report, Chapter 1 Archived 2014-11 ...
Here, Mok was appointed the third ranked figure in the government, behind Pol Pot and Nuon Chea. Soon after the Congress, ... scrutinising things such as menus for state receptions or the programming schedules for radio broadcasts. Although some of ... At the National Congress meeting in April, the Khmer Rouge declared that it would not permit any foreign military bases on ... At a special National Congress meeting from 25-27 April, the Khmer Rouge agreed to make Sihanouk the nominal head of state,[233 ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
I would wait till a Republican successor is named, shifting the balance of power in the US Congress (if this actually happens ... Whether Johnson lives or dies could have an effect, for example, on US funding of family planning programs in Africa. That said ... a President whose party is a minority in both houses of Congress is much weaker than a President whose party controls the ...
The South Asian Literary Recordings Project, The Library of Congress. Bengali Authors. ... computer sorting programs, etc.) of Bengali graphemes. Experts in both Bangladesh and India are currently working towards a ... The Department of Bengali in the University of Karachi also offers regular programs of studies at the Bachelors and at the ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
The Chief of Staff holds an annual future study program called Unified Quest. ... United States Congress: Committees on Armed Services: *Senate. *House. *Active duty four-star officers ... In addition, the CSA presides over the Army Staff and represents army capabilities, requirements, policy, plans, and programs ...
Re-education through labor
On 28 December 2013, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress abolished the re-education through labor system.[ ... "modern rehabilitation and treatment programs," use re-education through labor convictions to "warehouse" individuals for "an ... On 28 December 2013, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress abolished the re-education through labor system ... During the Third Plenum of the 18th Party Congress in Beijing on 15 November 2013, Chinese officials announced that they ...
Some states operate a program known as the Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP). This program allows a Medicaid ... While Congress and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) set out the general rules under which Medicaid operates ... This program was formed due to the costs that Medicaid programs were paying for outpatient drugs at their discounted prices.[14 ... The Medicaid Drug Rebate Program and the Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP) were created by the Omnibus Budget ...
Government performance auditing
At that time, 34 SAIs met for the 1st INTOSAI Congress in Cuba. At present INTOSAI has 190 Full Members and 4 Associated ... Government performance auditing focuses on improving how governments provide programs and services. While there is no one ... Performance audit Golden Fleece Award Government financial reports Maine Legislature's Office of Program Evaluation & ... programs or organizations, with due regard to economy, and the aim of leading to improvements. Government performance auditing ...
Health in Nepal
National immunization program is the priority 1 (P1) program. Since the inception of immunization program to the date it has ... Library of Congress Federal Research Division (November 2005). This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the ... Program was initiated in 1987. The CDD and ARI programs were merged into the CB-IMCI program in 1998. Nepal Family Health ... program, the Community-Based Newborn Care Program (CB-NCP), the Infant and Young Child Feeding program, a micronutrients ...
Obnoviteľný zdroj energie - Wikipédia
Feedstock Composition Glossary [online]. U.S. Department of Energy: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Biomass Program, [ ... Proceedings World Geothermal Congress 2000. (accessed 30 March). ... Solar loan program in India. *↑ Is It Time for a New Tax on ... Príkladom je Solárny pôžičkový program podporovaný spoločnosťou UNEP, ktorá pomáha 100 000 ľudom financovať solárne systémy v ...
Healthcare in Brazil
The main strategy for strengthening primary healthcare is the Family Health Program, introduced by the municipal health ... the activities of the federal government are to be based on multiyear plans approved by the national congress for four-year ... This CATCH program approbates the best advancements to accommodate Brazil's health issues. ... which have a long-standing tradition of producing vaccines and sera for use in official programs. The Ministry of Public Health ...
OpenTechComm is a program that is dedicated to "open access, open use, and open edits- text book or pedagogical resource that ... In a paper from the 15th Annual Congress of the European Economic Association on the open-source movement, the incentives of ... Programming in the open-source world can also lead to commercial job offers or entrance into the venture capital community. ... This opens the door for many bug-filled programs and applications out there. Because no one is paid to create it, many projects ...
"House members who missed votes, 110th Congress (Congress votes database)". Projects.washingtonpost.com. Archived from the ... In January 2013, he became a contributor on the Fox News Channel, appearing on programs such as The O'Reilly Factor. ... "It was a Republican Congress and there weren't many Democrats passing meaningful legislation during a Republican Congress." ... After being elected to Congress in 1996, Kucinich began to position himself on the far left wing. Based on his voting ...
Library of Congress ID: 61-11617.. *^ Vaisrub, Samuel; A. Denman, Michael; Naparstek, Yaakov; Gilon, Dan (2008). "Medicine". ... and online programs. A database of objectives covering medical knowledge, as suggested by national societies across the United ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
... for industrial and commercial use as well as congress centers. A further Business Park North was proposed as a future use of ... programming and implementation of the highly complex system designed by Siemens and Bosch. The system automatically controls ... "Scheitern programmiert: Andreas Fritsche ist dennoch überrascht von Mehdorns Rückzug" [Programmed Failure: Andreas Fritsche is ...
Women's education in the United States
The Court decided that since Grove City College was only receiving federal funding through the grant program, only that program ... In 1988, this act was passed by Congress and reversed the damage from the Grove City v. Bell decision. The Margaret Fund (2012 ... 1984: The U.S. Supreme Court's 1984 ruling Grove City College v. Bell held that Title IX applied only to those programs ... The ruling was a major victory for those opposed to Title IX, as it made many institutions' sports programs outside of the rule ...
Fair Sentencing Act
... the bill requires the Comptroller General to report to Congress with an analysis of the effectiveness of drug court programs ... and advised Congress to equalize the quantity ratio that would trigger mandatory sentences. Congress rejected the Commission's ... Some members of Congress opposed the Act. Lamar S. Smith (R-TX), the top-ranking Republican on the United States House ... At that time, Congress provided the following five reasons for the high ratio: crack cocaine was more addictive than powder ...
Ohio State University
The Honors program is open to students in all majors. The Scholars program is centered on thirteen specific programs such as " ... Numerous graduates have gone on to become U.S. governors, senators and members of Congress. Ohio State alumni have appeared on ... Honors programsEdit. Ohio State offers two distinct honors programs for high ability undergraduates: Honors and Scholars. ... The Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP) is Ohio State's premier diversity/merit scholarship program, rewarding academically ...
Joseph Taylor Robinson
He passed Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal programs through the Senate, alienating some of his colleagues with his autocratic ... List of United States Congress members who died in office (1900-49) ... which he pushed through both houses of Congress in seven hours. ...
Barbados-United States relations
... military's exercise-related and humanitarian assistance construction program. ... U.S. Library of Congress Barbados-U.S relations. *Sorg Architects - U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados ...
Juliana v. United States
The Juliana lawsuit has been the focus of two segments on the American television news program 60 Minutes. The case's ... which cannot be resolved by actions of Congress and the President. ... director of the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Program at the University of Oregon, who had been studying the concept ...
Commercial sexual exploitation of children
of Justice, Office of Justice Programs.. *^ a b Roby, J.L. (2005). "Women and children in the global sex trade: Toward more ... The Congress came up with an Agenda for Action which was framed by the Convention on the Rights of the Child. ... of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, 2007. Web. 09 Oct. 2013. *^ U.S. Department of Justice. Commercial Sexual Exploitation ... Their vision is of a world free of child sexual exploitation. One of their efforts includes the First World Congress ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Indian History Congress. 63: 644-52. JSTOR 44158132.. *. De, Bikramjit (2006). "Imperial Governance and the Challenges of War: ... brought under control by a vaccination program overseen by military medical workers. A similar smallpox vaccine campaign ... Datta, V. N. (2002). "The Cripps Mission, Its Failure and Significance". Proceedings of the Indian History Congress. ... On 8 August 1942 the Indian National Congress launched the Quit India movement, intended as a nationwide display of nonviolent ...
184, 250 "[p. 184] The only support for Fleischmann and Pons [at the 26 April US congress hearings] came from Robert Huggins ... Between 1992 and 1997, Japan's Ministry of International Trade and Industry sponsored a "New Hydrogen Energy (NHE)" program of ... Pons and Fleischmann never retracted their claims, but moved their research program to France after the controversy erupted. ... An ACS program chair said that without a proper forum the matter would never be discussed and, "with the world facing an energy ...
Leon M. Lederman
But some feel that Congress delivered a fatal blow". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 16 January 2013. Disappointed American ... Lederman participated in the USA Science and Engineering Festival's Lunch with a Laureate program where middle and high school ... "World Skeptics Congress Draws Over 1200 Participants". Skeptical Inquirer. CSICOP. Retrieved 19 August 2016.. ... the ink was not dry on Lederman's book before the US Congress decided to write off the billions of dollars already spent. ...
New Melones Dam
Ecosystem Restoration Program Plan. 2. CALFED Bay-Delta Program. Mar 1998. p. 400. Dunbar, Mike (2016-08-20). "After releasing ... "H.R.1668 - Save Our Water Act". United States Congress. 2015-04-22. Retrieved 2017-02-21. Truppner, Mark (2015-04-23). " ... Final report to Congress, vol. II, Assessments and scientific basis for management options. U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved ... Congress approved funding in 1965, with construction starting the following year. Actual construction began in July 1966 with ...
CISDOC - Library of Congress workplace ergonomics program
ESMO 2012 Congress: Program preview | EurekAlert! Science News
The final program of the ESMO 2012 Congress --including all late breaking-abstract titles is online. Watch out for thrilling ... vienna-2012-congress/. program.. html The ESMO 2012 Congress looks to be one of the best in this years oncology scenario, ... German Press Conference: Congress program highlights with specific reference to topics for the Austrian media. Featuring a.o. ... vienna-2012-congress/. accommodation.. html. The ESMO 2012 Congress will report the best scientific data in oncology today. We ...
ESC Congress 2018 scientific program online | EurekAlert! Science News
The worlds largest cardiovascular congress will be held 25 to 29 August at the Messe München, Munich, Germany. ... The scientific program of ESC Congress 2018 is online now. ... ESC Congress 2018 scientific program online European Society of ... ESC Congress 2018 scientific program online. European Society of Cardiology. Meeting. ESC Congress 2018. Keywords. *CARDIOLOGY ... The scientific programme of ESC Congress 2018 is online now. The worlds largest cardiovascular congress will be held 25 to 29 ...
Sessions resumes immigrant legal advice program under pressure from Congress - CNNPolitics
... saying he has ordered the resumption of the program pending a review of its effectiveness. ... Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed course on suspending a legal advice program for undocumented immigrants, ... Sessions resumes immigrant legal advice program under pressure from Congress. By Tal Kopan, CNN ... saying he made the decision at the request of Congress, which has consistently appropriated money for the program. ...
World Congress Program Addresses Feeding the World - IFT.org
Food scientists from around the world are invited to attend IUFoSTs 12th World Congress to share views and learn about world ... Here is the program for the Congress as of press time. For more information on the program and how to register, visit the ... World Congress Program Addresses Feeding the World. Food scientists from around the world are invited to attend IUFoSTs 12th ... The World Congress is being hosted by IFT, and we encourage everyone who will be attending the IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo ...
Attend live or access the recordings anytime during the program year.). LP Online™ offers three levels of instruction.. Levels ... 2019 National Down Syndrome Congress. All rights reserved. *Home. *Contact Us. *En Español ... LP Online™ is an online learning community based on The Learning Program™ which serves as a platform for sharing strategies, ... and membership to the Learning Program Facebook Group. Sessions last approximately 1.5 hours. (* ...
Rural Outreach Program
2018 National Down Syndrome Congress. All rights reserved. *Home. *Contact Us. *En Español ... NDSCs Rural Outreach Program partners with local Down syndrome organizations across the U.S. to host a one- or two-day ... Click here to download information about the NDSC Rural Outreach Program. More questions? Contact Matthew Fernandez - [email protected] ... Interested in bringing the Rural Outreach Program to your area? Complete the application here ...
Dermira to Present Data for DRM01 Acne Program at EADV Congress 2015
... that new data from its DRM01 acne program will be presented at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress ... Dermira to Present Data for DRM01 Acne Program at EADV Congress 2015. ... Dermira commenced a Phase 2b clinical program in April 2015 and expects topline results from the Phase 2b clinical program in ... including with respect to the DRM01 mechanism of action and when results from the DRM01 Phase 2b clinical program will be ...
U.S. GAO - Defense Budget and Program Issues Facing the 102nd Congress
... focusing on budget shortcomings Congress identified related to threat, money, strategy, force structure, and programs. ... Defense Budget and Program Issues Facing the 102nd Congress. T-NSIAD-91-21: Published: Apr 25, 1991. Publicly Released: Apr 25 ... Opportunities Exist to Improve Practices for Developing Program Managers. GAO-18-217: Published: Feb 15, 2018. Publicly ... GAO discussed the Department of Defenses (DOD) major defense budget, focusing on budget shortcomings Congress identified ...
Congress Considers A Variety Of Programs To Incentivize Carbon Capture Projects
In 2018 Congress enhanced the existing 45Q tax credit to incentivize companies to build commercial-scale carbon capture plants ... There is even a chance that the legislation will be passed in the lame duck session of Congress, in which case President Trump ... He said there is growing bipartisan support in Congress to extend the deadline for the credit. "To achieve the intended effect ... With the passage of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Congress more than doubled the existing credit for CO₂ injected into ...
Congress, Please Don't Cut Funding for Bike and Pedestrian Programs | TreeHugger
Congress, Please Dont Cut Funding for Bike and Pedestrian Programs. In the U.S., cities and states provide most of the funds ... The previous transportation bill, which was signed into law in 2005 by a Republican Congress and Republican president, ... shows many reasons why congress should reconsider and at the very least maintain, if not expand, funding for bike and ... but the House of Representatives has tried to eliminate bike and pedestrian programs." ...
Congress gets started on drug-takeback program | FiercePharma
The Pharmaceutical Stewardship Act aims to create a program in which pharma makers ... The Pharmaceutical Stewardship Act aims to create a program in which pharma makers will have to take back unused meds. ... Under the Act, a nonprofit organization financed by drugmakers would be responsible for state drug take-back programs, reports ... have raised the issue to the level of concern to Congress. ...
Evaluation of the Library of Congress' Teaching with Primary Sources Program | SRI International
SRI International analyzed this program that helps teachers use the Library of Congress rich reservoir of digitized primary ... Evaluation of the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Program. SRI analyzed this program that helps teachers tap ... The Library of Congress asked SRI to conduct an evaluation of its Teaching with Primary Sources (TPS) Program, using a series ... HomeOur WorkProjectsEvaluation of the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Program ...
AAMC Signs Letter Urging Congress to Extend Crucial Health Care Programs | AAMC
... urging Congress to extend critical health care programs that are facing significant funding cuts beginning on Oct. 1. They ... the organizations urge Congress "to address these issues well before the September 30 deadline each program faces, and to ... include the Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Community Health Centers (CHCs), Medicaid Disproportionate Share ...
As Students Head Back to School, Congress Reviews Meal Programs
Members of Congress are considering legislation that could affect the nutritional quality of school meals and snacks, as well ... and most of them will participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs, enjoying healthy, delicious meals ... The Pew Charitable Trusts Research & Analysis As Students Head Back to School, Congress Reviews Meal Programs ... As Students Head Back to School, Congress Reviews Meal Programs House and Senate bills take different approaches to childrens ...
SPLIT Congress Program - ISGE
No Net Cost Tobacco Program Act of 1982 (1982; 97th Congress H.R. 6590) - GovTrack.us
In GovTrack.us, a database of bills in the U.S. Congress. ... of the tobacco price support and production adjustment program ... This page is sourced primarily from Congress.gov, the official portal of the United States Congress. Congress.gov is generally ... author=97th Congress (1982). ,date=June 15, 1982. ,work=Legislation. ,publisher=GovTrack.us. ,quote=No Net Cost Tobacco Program ... Retrieved from https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/97/hr6590. "H.R. 6590 - 97th Congress: No Net Cost Tobacco Program Act of ...
Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (2009; 111th Congress H.R. 2) - GovTrack.us
In GovTrack.us, a database of bills in the U.S. Congress. ... to extend and improve the Childrens Health Insurance Program, ... This page is sourced primarily from Congress.gov, the official portal of the United States Congress. Congress.gov is generally ... "H.R. 2 - 111th Congress: Childrens Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009." www.GovTrack.us. 2009. January 22, ... H.R. 2 (111th) was a bill in the United States Congress.. A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate in identical form ...
Petition · Tell Congress: Champion Programs That Lift Kids Out of Poverty · Change.org
Yet Congress may be targeting these same programs for cuts as part of their debt reduction effort. ... Voices for Americas Children needs your help with "Tell Congress: Champion Programs That Lift Kids Out of Poverty". Join ... Voices for Americas Children needs your help with "Tell Congress: Champion Programs That Lift Kids Out of Poverty". Join ... Please join us, and tell Congress: Protect the programs that lift kids out of poverty. ...
Congress Approves PNTR for Vietnam, Extends Trade Preference Programs
... As one of its final acts, the Republican-led 109th ... Congress Approves PNTR for Vietnam, Extends Trade Preference Programs Dec 18, 2006 ... "IDFA looks forward to working with the new Congress next year to move the free-trade agenda forward to the benefit of the U.S. ... "We are extremely pleased that Congress was able to pass this important trade package before it adjourned," said Clay Hough, ...
3rd World Congress on Heart Disease - Final Program
3rd World Congress on Heart Disease. Jeffrey S. Borer, USA. Chairman, Scientific Executive Committee. Chairman, Section of ... 3rd World Congress on Heart Disease. John A. Elefteriades, USA. Member, Scientific Executive Committee. Chairman, Section of ... 3rd World Congress on Heart Disease Herbert J. Geschwind, France. Member, Scientific Executive Committee. Chairman, Section of ... 3rd World Congress on Heart Disease. Naranjan S. Dhalla, Canada. Member, Scientific Executive Committee. International Academy ...
17th World Congress on Heart Disease Final Program
ISAKOS: 2015 Congress in Lyon, France : Scientific Program
ISAKOS Congress. ISAKOS Congress Sports Rehabilitation Concurrent Course Tuesday, June 9. ISAKOS Congress. ISAKOS Congress ... 2015 ISAKOS Congress Final Program. Congress Venue. The 2015 ISAKOS Congress will be held at the Lyon Convention Centre at the ... Program-at-a-Glance. Saturday, June 6 ISAKOS Pre-Course(s) Sunday, June 7. ISAKOS Congress & Welcome Reception. ISAKOS Congress ... Social Program. Welcome Reception & Opening Celebration. This festive affair is one of the highlights of the Congress. Congress ...
DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Program Annual Merit Review Awards - Green Car Congress
... the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presents awards for contributions to the overall efforts of the Program and to recognize ... Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Awards. DOE awarded two Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program awards: one to George Parks of Fuel ... Barilo joined the DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Programs Hydrogen Safety Panel in 2007 and has served as program manager for ... the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presents awards for contributions to the overall efforts of the Program and to recognize ...
The National Flood Insurance Program: Status and Remaining Issues for Congress - Digital Library
... summarizes major challenges facing the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and outlines key reforms enacted in the Flood ... King, Rawle O. The National Flood Insurance Program: Status and Remaining Issues for Congress, report, February 6, 2013; ... Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Place of Publication: Washington D.C. ... The department is a member of the FDLP Content Partnerships Program and an Affiliated Archive of the National Archives. ...
Prevent Blindness Urges Congress to Extend the Children's Health Insurance Program - Prevent Blindness
Prevent Blindness Urges Congress to Extend the Childrens Health Insurance Program. Posted on January 18, 2018. April 3, 2020. ... Prevent Blindness Applauds Congress for Increasing FY18 Investments to CDCs Vision Health Programs ... Congressional Vision Caucus Co-Founder Announces Retirement from Congress. *Contact Your Member of Congress to Support ... Award and Grant Programs *Bonnie Strickland Champion for Childrens Vision Award. *Jenny Pomeroy Award for Excellence in Vision ...
Guidelines Program | Congress of Neurological Surgeons
2016 Program Highlights With significant advances being made in neurosurgical research, there is an increasing amount of ... Congress of Neurological Surgeons. 10 North Martingale Road, Suite 190. Schaumburg, IL 60173 ... All content © 2017 Congress of Neurological Surgeons, unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved. ...
Review of GSA's Asbestos Control Program in Federal Office Space: Hearing ... - United States. Congress. House. Committee on...
Review of GSAs asbestos control program in federal office space ..., Volume 4. United States. Congress. House. Committee on ... Review of GSAs asbestos control program in federal office space ..., Volume 4. United States. Congress. House. Committee on ... Review of GSAs Asbestos Control Program in Federal Office Space ..., Volume 4. United States. Congress. House. Committee on ... Ninety-ninth Congress, First Session, March 19, 1985, Volume 4. Review of GSAs Asbestos Control Program in Federal Office ...
Reauthorization of the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP ... - Paul F. Rothberg, United States. Congress. Senate....
Reauthorization of the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP): Options Intended to Improve Highway Safety, Paul F. ... Reauthorization of the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program ..., Volume 4. Paul F. Rothberg. Snippet view - 1991. ... Reauthorization of the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP): options intended to improve highway safety, Volume 4. ... Reauthorization of the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP): options intended to improve highway safety, Volume 4. ...
Report to Congress on Status of China, India and Pakistan Nuclear and Ballistic Missile Programs
Report to Congress on Status of China, India and Pakistan Nuclear and Ballistic Missile Programs. Peoples Republic of China. ... program from which it has transferred some knowledge and hardware to its ballistic missile program. For example, the first ... Nuclear Weapons Program. (2.5 lines omitted) Moreover, it has probably manufactured sufficient parts to assemble within days a ... The test program of the Hatf II has had little success. Neither missile is capable of carrying a nuclear weapon that Pakistan ...
20162018Library of CongrScientific program2019Children's HealthReauthorization ActInternational CongressBiennial Congress2021Urges CongressMedicaidDelegatesExtendLegislationCommitteeYear'sAddressing the opioidSyringe exchange programsCutsBipartisanVaccineObamaSummariesDisordersReformsReceptionFundingRepublicanContentMedicareAbstractEnactTell CongressHouse of RepresentatiPreventionOrganizationsMalariaSubcommitteeWorld'sVaccinationSessionAttendWorkshopsPresentationsAIDSDefense budgetTimeHealthcareSupportHealthConvention CentrePreliminarySessionsReportClinicalAttendeesRuralMembersYearConcernImplementTaxpayers
- Based on the results of a 108-patient, randomized, multi-center, double-blind, vehicle-controlled Phase 2a clinical trial, Dermira commenced a Phase 2b clinical program in April 2015 and expects topline results from the Phase 2b clinical program in the first half of 2016. (cnbc.com)
- Only a few weeks remain in Congress' 2016 session to resolve these differences, pass a final bill in both chambers, and get President Barack Obama's signature. (pewtrusts.org)
- That could change if Congress follows the course recommended by the House Education and Workforce Committee, which approved the Improving Child Nutrition and Education Act of 2016 (H.R. 5003) in May. (pewtrusts.org)
- In addition, the association has created the Meeting Ambassador Program (MAP) to help attendees make the most of their WEC 2016 experience. (incentivetravel.co.uk)
- The above Congress Program is current as of 19 August 2016 and is subject to change. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- Following on from the successful Zoonoses 2014 Conference, the Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID) and ICTMM 2016 Management Committee are pleased to offer a dedicated Zoonoses program stream to Congress delegates. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- The International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria (ICTMM) 2016 Management Committee, along with our invited speakers, sponsors and supporters are committed to improving gender balance and equality across our research community by building a diverse program. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- The scientific programme of ESC Congress 2018 is online now. (eurekalert.org)
- The approximately 4,500 scientific abstracts that will feature at ESC Congress 2018 have been selected from more than 11,000 submitted by researchers in 106 countries. (eurekalert.org)
- ESC Congress 2018 expects to welcome around 30,000 healthcare professionals from 150 countries. (eurekalert.org)
- In 2018 Congress enhanced the existing 45Q tax credit to incentivize companies to build commercial-scale carbon capture plants. (forbes.com)
- With the passage of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Congress more than doubled the existing credit for CO₂ injected into geologic storage, from $20 per metric ton to $50, and increased the credit for CO₂ used for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) from $10 per metric ton to $35. (forbes.com)
- ARLINGTON, VA (April 26, 2018) - Today, John Wiesman, ASTHO president and secretary of health at the Washington State Department of Health, submitted written testimony to the House Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations Subcommittee urging Congress to provide increased funding to support public health programs in FY19. (astho.org)
- Since its inception, IDEA has taken tens of thousands of used syringes out of circulation in Miami, placed hundreds of people who use drugs in rehabilitation programs, placed dozens of individuals in HIV/AIDS treatment programs, and is credited with almost singlehandedly stemming an HIV outbreak in Miami-Dade County in 2018. (drugpolicy.org)
- The governors also expressed support for provisions in the Senate Finance Committee's Helping to End Addiction and Lessen (HEAL) Substance Use Disorders Act of 2018 which requires additional guidance on non-addictive treatment options through state Medicaid programs. (nga.org)
Library of Congr6
- An ergonomics programme to control the risk of musculoskeletal disorders and to improve worker comfort and efficiency at the Library of Congress is described. (ilo.org)
- The Library of Congress asked SRI to conduct an evaluation of its Teaching with Primary Sources (TPS) Program, using a series of surveys and project case studies. (sri.com)
- The Library of Congress offers these events to the public at its Washington, D.C. location free of charge, except where otherwise noted. (loc.gov)
- Pianist Solungga Liu performs music drawn almost entirely from the manuscript collections at the Library of Congress. (loc.gov)
- The Library of Congress holds handbell sheet music in its performing arts collections. (loc.gov)
- The presentation, developed by actor Douglas Taurel, draws directly from Greenwald s diary, held in the collections of the Veterans History Project and currently on display in the exhibition Echoes of the Great War: American Experiences of World War I at the Library of Congress. (loc.gov)
- Please see below the CONy Scientific Program. (comtecmed.com)
- The session times of the scientific program apply to the CEST time zone (Central European Summer Time). (euroelso-congress.com)
- The Scientific Program will focus on current major topics, the Scientific Committee is currently working on re-shaping the content into a virtual format. (euroelso-congress.com)
- 2019). H.R. 6590 - 97th Congress: No Net Cost Tobacco Program Act of 1982. (govtrack.us)
- ABB Signet, and Siemens are expected to complete the EVCSC program by the Summer of 2019. (greencarcongress.com)
- SUMMIT, N.J.--( BUSINESS WIRE )--Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) today announced it will present 13 scientific abstracts, including new analyses from the Phase 3 ozanimod clinical development program in adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS), at the 35th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Stockholm, September 11-13, 2019. (businesswire.com)
- We are honored to present this additional compelling data at the ECTRIMS 2019 Congress, giving us an important opportunity to talk directly to the scientific community about our lead, phase 2 pipeline program. (pharmiweb.com)
- They include the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Community Health Centers (CHCs), Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) payments, and the National Health Service Corps (NHSC). (aamc.org)
- To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to extend and improve the Children's Health Insurance Program, and for other purposes. (govtrack.us)
- For months, families with children who rely on the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) have patiently waited for Congress to safeguard their access to affordable, sight-saving care through a long-term extension of CHIP, which expired on Sept. 30, 2017. (preventblindness.org)
- Another sticking point is the inclusion in the bill of funding the Children's Health Insurance Program for six years. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Next week, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs will mark up the U.S. Global HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008 - funding programs currently implemented under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). (medindia.net)
- Together we are the International Congress for Joint Reconstruction! (icjr.net)
- Yes, I would like to receive emails from International Congress for Joint Reconstruction. (icjr.net)
- By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, 4115 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL, 33607, http://www.icjr.net. (icjr.net)
- The ISAKOS Biennial Congress is the premier international meeting--bringing together distinguished faculty from around the globe. (isakos.com)
- In addition to the face-to-face Congress in 2021, ICNMD will be offering a Virtual Program this September 11th-14th, 2020. (wfneurology.org)
- The layout of the main congress program from 6 - 7 May 2021 is scheduled to start late morning with parallel sessions, industry lunch symposia and parallel sessions in the afternoon. (euroelso-congress.com)
- Mylan urges Congress to pass GDUFA, as unanimously ratified by industry, and update the FDCA. (fiercepharma.com)
- The program, which is scheduled to end in December 2014, brings Medicaid payments for certain primary care services up to at least Medicare levels for 2013 and 2014. (aafp.org)
- Although the program began in January, many states were not ready to implement it, and, thus, some physicians treating Medicaid patients have not yet received the higher payment amounts. (aafp.org)
- In addition to their call for a two-year extension of the Medicaid primary care payment increase, the organizations also asked that Congress include physicians practicing obstetrics and gynecology as qualified specialists in the parity program, as long as they can meet the eligibility requirement that at least 60 percent of their Medicaid billings are primary care services defined by the authorizing legislation. (aafp.org)
- Authorizes a six-month extension of the "Probe and Educate" program, a program established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that limits the number of claims that can be reviewed and denied based on the agency's "Two-Midnight" rule whereby stays of two midnights or more are presumed to be medically necessary, and those less than two midnights are subject to heightened medical necessity reviews. (mwe.com)
- Meanwhile, several hospital organizations, including the American Hospital Association, have urged (PDF) Congress to include a two-year delay in proposed Medicaid disproportionate share hospital cuts , as well as straight five-year extensions of the Medicare-dependent hospital and enhanced low-volume adjustment programs. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- The 340B program arose in the early 1990s as Congress created a Medicaid rebate program to lower the cost of drugs covered by state agencies. (theledger.com)
- The program required drug manufacturers to enter into an agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in order to have their medications covered by Medicaid and Medicare Part B. Under the agreement, the companies provided upfront discounts on certain drugs bought by specified providers that serve the most vulnerable patient groups. (theledger.com)
- IFT has extended an offer to Congress delegates to attend the IFT Food Expo on July 15 and 16 at no extra charge. (ift.org)
- Join delegates, sponsors and colleagues to celebrate the 19th International Microscopy Congress. (imc19.com)
- A comprehensive ICTMM program is now available for delegates to download and plan their time at the Congress. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- When building our program, we have endeavoured to include different professional experience, race and gender perspectives to ensure our delegates have the greatest opportunity for collaboration and innovation. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- Director Brad Crabtree said carbon capture advocates are calling for Congress to extend the credit beyond its current deadline. (forbes.com)
- He said there is growing bipartisan support in Congress to extend the deadline for the credit. (forbes.com)
- Now, the AAFP and other organizations are calling on Congress to extend the program for two years so it can be more effectively evaluated. (aafp.org)
- and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) urging Congress to extend critical health care programs that are facing significant funding cuts beginning on Oct. 1. (aamc.org)
- As such, the organizations urge Congress "to address these issues well before the September 30 deadline each program faces, and to extend each for at least a five year period. (aamc.org)
- However, what can't happen, no matter how bad Trump wants it, the President can't continue to extend the unconstitutional DACA program on his own without challenge. (alipac.us)
- It was the third US human spaceflight program to fly, preceded by the two-person Project Gemini conceived in 1961 to extend spaceflight capability in support of Apollo. (wikipedia.org)
- Members of Congress are considering legislation that could affect the nutritional quality of school meals and snacks, as well as students' access to free breakfasts and lunches. (pewtrusts.org)
- About every five years, Congress reauthorizes the national school meal programs as part of broad child nutrition legislation, and it's time for lawmakers to fulfill this responsibility again. (pewtrusts.org)
- Legislation not enacted by the end of a Congress is cleared from the books. (govtrack.us)
- As one of its final acts, the Republican-led 109th Congress earlier this month sent to President Bush a package of trade legislation that included permanent normal trade relations (PNTR) with Vietnam and renewed expiring trade preference programs, including the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP). (idfa.org)
- This week, Congress is considering legislation to continue funding the federal government through another Continuing Resolution. (preventblindness.org)
- Congress Approves Legislation Extending and Changing Medicar. (mwe.com)
- By increasing funding for global AIDS programs, the new legislation commits the United States to supporting achievement of universal access to AIDS treatment, prevention and care, and ensuring concrete progress to combat tuberculosis and malaria. (medindia.net)
- Last night the Indiana legislature passed life-saving legislation allowing counties to establish syringe programs to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, and other infectious diseases. (drugpolicy.org)
- Sessions told the subcommittee on Wednesday that while he has "previously expressed some concerns about the program," he heard from bipartisan members of the committee that led him to reverse course. (cnn.com)
- This is in further response to your July 25, 1994 Freedom of Information Act request for a copy of "Report to Congress on Status of China, India and Pakistan Nuclear and Ballistic Missile Programs" that was received by the House Foreign Affairs Committee on or before July 28, 1993. (fas.org)
- According to the Detroit News, the House Appropriations Committee is intending to cut the remaining funds out of the ATVM loan program coffers, effectively ending further government loans for advanced technology vehicle development. (torquenews.com)
- Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, the ranking member on the Senate Finance Committee, told reporters Wednesday that he also advocates for an extension of programs for home visits from nurses and for rural healthcare, according to The Hill. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- They highlight the dramatic shift in Congress from a highlydecentralized, committee-based institution into a much more regimented one in which party increasingly trumps committee. (ecampus.com)
- This year's Congress will consist of plenary lectures and related discussions, symposia, round table discussions, poster sessions, and more. (ift.org)
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and host city partners Meet AC and Caesars Entertainment are committed to providing unique and exciting networking opportunities at this year's World Education Congress (WEC) in Atlantic City. (incentivetravel.co.uk)
Addressing the opioid1
- This funding would allow federal agencies that support state, local, and territorial public health departments to improve the health of the population by addressing the opioid epidemic, enhancing preparedness programs, and continuing services through the Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant. (astho.org)
Syringe exchange programs2
- Dr. Hansel Tookes, Assistant Professor at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine, and the director of the Miami IDEA syringe exchange, cheered the vote, saying, "The results in Miami have been clear: syringe exchange programs save lives. (drugpolicy.org)
- The new law comes in the wake of Kentucky also legalizing syringe exchange programs. (drugpolicy.org)
- Yet Congress may be targeting these same programs for cuts as part of their debt reduction effort. (change.org)
- What would NASA do with the equipment that's already been made if congress cuts the program? (thenakedscientists.com)
- Further cuts to these essential programs will pose a dangerous and serious threat to public health and safety. (thewestsidegazette.com)
- The American College of Surgeons, in collaboration with the Surgical Care Coalition, is launching a "Week of Action" to encourage surgeons to tell Congress to stop the proposed Medicare payment cuts. (facs.org)
- In addition to the proposed extension of the 45Q credit, Congress is considering several other bipartisan bills to provide incentives for carbon capture projects. (forbes.com)
- While the governors applauded the bipartisan cooperation in Congress on tackling the opioid crisis, they encouraged further action in the Senate to enhance data sharing and coordinated care by aligning substance use disorder privacy requirements with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. (nga.org)
- Begun in 2003 by another group of scientists, the program delivered its millionth vaccine in the spring. (yahoo.com)
- This report details the Obama Administration's proposed FY2010 defense budget requests for F-35 program funding and outlines the issues that Congress must consider when deciding whether to approve, reject, or modify the administration's funding requests. (unt.edu)
- The Dept. of Energy Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan program has some great successes behind it, such as the Nissan Leaf, the Chevy Volt and the Tesla Model S. But there are a few failures, and the way of Congress nowadays is to amplify any negative that can be used to bash the Obama Administration. (torquenews.com)
- When the Obama administration came to power that program became a convenient tool for the green technology revolution vision, but as part of the auto industry support badly needed thanks to the economic crisis perpetrated by the Bush administration. (torquenews.com)
- Following are brief summaries of some of the more notable program changes made by the Act. (mwe.com)
- Now is not the time to cut programs that help Americans with mental illnesses or substance abuse disorders. (thewestsidegazette.com)
- Among the 41 conditions authorized under the program are also acupuncture, integrative medicine, metals toxicology, mitochondrial disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and sleep disorders. (91outcomes.com)
- This report provides an analysis of flood risk management, summarizes major challenges facing the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and outlines key reforms enacted in the Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012. (unt.edu)
- Institute Chastises Congress on Health Care Reforms, Offers Five-Point Program for Reducing Health Care Co... ( BRONXVILLE N.Y. Aug. 13 -- The. (bio-medicine.org)
- The competition will focus on key reforms, including aligning early childhood resources and systems and improving early learning and development standards and assessment, program standards, tiered rating and improvement systems, and early childhood educators. (ed.gov)
- Just about everyone I interviewed thought Congress should consider major reforms to Parent PLUS when it takes up a higher education bill this fall, but no one was too optimistic that reforms would pass, largely because of those profits. (politico.com)
- The program includes the MAP Meet and Greet Reception, MAP Lounge and WEC For Me session. (incentivetravel.co.uk)
- The previous transportation bill, which was signed into law in 2005 by a Republican Congress and Republican president, supported that vital infrastructure funding. (treehugger.com)
- The video above, created by our friends at Streetfilms while they were at the National Bike Summit , shows many reasons why congress should reconsider and at the very least maintain, if not expand, funding for bike and pedestrian programs. (treehugger.com)
- We are pleased Congress recently provided the most significant increase for public health in over a decade, however, we must build upon this momentum and provide states and territories with sustained, predictable, and hopefully increased funding in FY19 and beyond. (astho.org)
- The attempt to defund the ATVM program is being tied to emergency funding for wildfire firefighting teams. (torquenews.com)
- Congress' bid to cut billions from public health funding is raising the ire of the American Public Health Association (APHA), which is accusing the House of robbing "Peter to pay Paul" in its latest spending proposal. (ishn.com)
- Georges accused Congress of creating "an environment of extreme financial uncertainty" for the public health community by funding key programs and agencies on a month-to-month basis and by repeatedly threatening to slash the Prevention and Public Health Fund. (ishn.com)
- Congress is leaving money on the table with every cut, funding delay and budget uncertainty it creates. (ishn.com)
- Congress must agree to a bill and send it to President Trump to approve the funding by midnight on Friday. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- Congress has approved two short-term measures that extended the funding, but many states will soon run out of money unless there is a long-term fix. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- The DSH program provides funding to hospitals that provide a significant amount of uncompensated medical care . (fiercehealthcare.com)
- We write to urge you to maintain funding for mental health programs as you plan for the President's budget for Fiscal Year 2014. (thewestsidegazette.com)
- Yet the U.S. bans federal funding for sterile syringe access programs, even though the CDC has found that such programs lower incidence of HIV/AIDS among people who inject drugs by 80 percent. (drugpolicy.org)
- Last year, more than 140 local, national and international organizations released a letter calling on Congress to end the archaic federal funding ban on syringe programs. (drugpolicy.org)
- Advocates say Governor Pence should work with his former Republican colleagues in Congress to repeal the syringe-funding ban. (drugpolicy.org)
- Governor Pence should talk to his former colleagues in Congress and get them to repeal the federal funding ban so states can use their share of prevention resources on effective syringe programs. (drugpolicy.org)
- The program has gotten caught up in Republican pseudo-ideology, creating a climate of distrust of the legitimacy of government loans to businesses despite the fact that the U.S. government has for decades been making grants or loans to businesses. (torquenews.com)
- Despite the Republican-led tarnishing of the program leading the Dept of Energy to stop handing out ATVM loans over 2 years ago, the program is a success. (torquenews.com)
- However, if the Republican-led House of Representatives shuts it down on its own terms, they may be able to further tarnish the program as a disastrous failure. (torquenews.com)
- The department is a member of the FDLP Content Partnerships Program and an Affiliated Archive of the National Archives. (unt.edu)
- For the first time, the Surgical Education and Self-Assessment Program (SESAP ® ) is offering advanced content for surgeons interested in more specialized and nuanced information in five clinical areas. (facs.org)
- From 2007 to 2009, the block was moved from Noggin to a new channel, which carried TEENick programming throughout the day and a block of The N's content at night. (wikipedia.org)
- This newsletter provides an overview of the Medicare payment programs that were reauthorized and extended, as well as the more notable program changes. (mwe.com)
- The following chart provides a quick overview of some of the more notable Medicare payment programs that were reauthorized and extended. (mwe.com)
- Extends the program providing special payment protections to qualifying small rural hospitals with a substantial Medicare patient population. (mwe.com)
- The MDH and LVA programs serve a large number of Medicare beneficiaries who live in rural areas. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- The MDH program adjusts payment to hospitals that have a high percentage of hospitalized Medicare patients. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- We urge Congress to enact a long-term extension for CHIP as swiftly as possible, and ensure that children continue to have access to the vision care services they need to grow, develop, learn, and play. (preventblindness.org)
- Olson also urged Congress to enact a Taxpayer Bill of Rights and to authorize symbolic "apology payments" in egregious cases where taxpayers suffer significant harm as a result of IRS errors. (irs.gov)
House of Representati1
- But the current federal government isn't so keen on creating alternatives to cars: "The Senate has passed a bill that by and large preserves the status quo, but the House of Representatives has tried to eliminate bike and pedestrian programs. (treehugger.com)
- Changes from existing law include provisions to increase flexibility for developing country prevention programs and increased support for efforts to address the vulnerability of specific populations, including women, youth, men who have sex with men and intravenous drug users - groups among which are found the highest rates of new infection. (medindia.net)
- With 7 new infections for every person put on treatment annually, the need for effective, evidence-based prevention programs is growing daily. (medindia.net)
- The Fund supports key public health activities like childhood lead poisoning prevention, vaccination, smoking cessation and other programs in all 50 states. (ishn.com)
- Prevention programs are effective at reducing the risk of ankle injuries by 40% in soccer players, according to a study published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery . (icjr.net)
- Several prevention programs have been developed to address this concern. (icjr.net)
- In a new analysis, researchers reviewed the data from 10 randomized controlled studies on ankle injury prevention programs, involving 4,121 female and male soccer players. (icjr.net)
- This is the first study of its kind on ankle injuries in soccer athletes to strongly support injury prevention programs to reduce ankle injuries," said lead study author and orthopaedic surgeon Nathan Grimm, MD. (icjr.net)
- It can also be used by coaches who wish to implement programs that will decrease the risk of injuries in athletes, and by the athletes who are trying to make the decision about participating in an injury prevention program. (icjr.net)
- This is why, now more than ever, we must continue to invest in mental health programs that reduce the stigma associated with mental illness, recognize mental illness equally to other health conditions and illnesses, promote prevention and detection initiatives, and provide access to mental health and substance abuse treatment services. (thewestsidegazette.com)
- The program is administered through outside groups and works with nonprofit organizations to provide immigrants with presentations, workshop sessions and referrals to potential pro bono legal services. (cnn.com)
- NDSC's Rural Outreach Program partners with local Down syndrome organizations across the U.S. to host a one- or two-day conference, providing a full range of resources and services to populations that otherwise fail to receive adequate support. (ndsccenter.org)
- and calls for stronger coordination of efforts across U.S. agencies on HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria programs. (medindia.net)
- Sessions announced the move at the opening of a hearing before the Senate Appropriations subcommittee that funds the Justice Department, saying he made the decision at the request of Congress, which has consistently appropriated money for the program. (cnn.com)
- The world's largest cardiovascular congress will be held 25 to 29 August at the Messe München, Munich, Germany. (eurekalert.org)
- These claims have resulted in serious damage to the vaccination programs in Japan, Colombia and Denmark. (congressmed.com)
- Part of daily life In the days leading up to a vaccination effort, program workers visit local primary schools to talk about rabies, taking the message to the dogs' primary caretakers. (yahoo.com)
- Late-breaking abstracts and abstracts included in the press program will remain embargoed until their presentation at the Congress session or at the Press briefing, whichever comes first. (eurekalert.org)
- during a session on 'Control of food intake and energy expenditure' at ECO2008, 16th European Congress on Obesity, held on 14-17 May 2008, Geneva, Switzerland. (buckingham.ac.uk)
- Food scientists from around the world are invited to attend IUFoST's 12th World Congress to share views and learn about world food problems and their solutions. (ift.org)
- Attend live or access the recordings anytime during the program year. (ndsccenter.org)
- Who should attend the 2015 ISAKOS Congress? (isakos.com)
- On Demand Attend this webinar for the keys to success, as well as mistakes to avoid, when targeting safety and wellness with a Recognition & Reward Program. (ishn.com)
- Tuition is $200 for 10 sessions ($20 per month) and includes access to monthly live and recorded webinar presentations*, membership to the LP Online™ website (which houses handouts, recording links and videos) and membership to the Learning Program Facebook Group. (ndsccenter.org)
- Our program incorporates presentations from internationally and nationally renowned invited and keynote speakers, prominent researchers and early career scholars who will address topics related to major infectious diseases prevalent in the tropics. (tropicalmedicine2016.com)
- Syringe access programs have a proven, decades-long track record of preventing the spread of infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C. These programs also provide people who inject drugs with referrals to drug treatment, social services, and primary health care. (drugpolicy.org)
- GAO discussed the Department of Defense's (DOD) major defense budget, focusing on budget shortcomings Congress identified related to threat, money, strategy, force structure, and programs. (gao.gov)
- Here is the program for the Congress as of press time. (ift.org)
- I hope that the American people realize as fully as I do, that from the very first days of the emergency, the Congress has most energetically and patriotically devoted its time, energies, and capabilities to the immediate problems of war and to the long-range problems of peace. (ucsb.edu)
- The Congress reconvenes at a time of great emergency. (ucsb.edu)
- The Act limits the time that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has to review these ingredients and formalizes the process for its Time and Extent Application (TEA) program. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- Specifically, Congress provides the Secretary with authority to collect detailed information from "eligible professionals or any other source" on-among other things-time involved in furnishing services, prices (net of any discounts) for practice expense inputs, and overhead and accounting information for physician practices. (mwe.com)
- The program will pack an incredible amount of knowledge into a short period of time, allowing for you to make dinner with your Valentine. (cbc-ct.org)
- Medical research into burn pit exposure is included for the first time under the Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program (PRMRP), which was funded at $247.5 million (up from $200 million in FY14). (91outcomes.com)
- The No Net Cost Tobacco Act of 1982 (P.L. 97-218) required that the Tobacco Price Support Program operate at no net cost to taxpayers, other than for the administrative expenses common to all price support programs. (govtrack.us)
- A Bush-era program giving federal loans to support 'advanced technology vehicle manufacturing' is under threat from Congress, but it should be ended anyway. (torquenews.com)
- The program appears to have some political momentum, on its way toward pulling the required majority support. (mcclatchydc.com)
- In 2005, 80 percent of the 3,490 industry members who voted were in support of continuing the lamb program. (mcclatchydc.com)
- Through the RTT-ELC, we want to support breakthrough work that dramatically improves the quality of Early Learning and Development Programs serving High-Need Children. (ed.gov)
- They also asked Congress to further empower and support state response efforts. (nga.org)
- The bill also seeks to repeal nutrition standards for food-based fundraisers held during the school day, which would create unhealthy competition for meal programs and undermine students' health. (pewtrusts.org)
- ASTHO and our members stand ready to assist Congress and the Administration in our shared work of protecting and promoting the public's health. (astho.org)
- These health programs work. (statnews.com)
- BRONXVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Gilchrist Institute for the Achievement Sciences, an economic and political think tank, has released a five-point program for health care reform aimed at members of Congress and the New York State legislature. (bio-medicine.org)
- Slashing the fund will put these critical public health programs and the people they serve at risk," said APHA Executive Director Georges C. Benjamin, MD. The proposal also fails to fund the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program, jeopardizing health care services for more than 160,000 new mothers and children. (ishn.com)
- The public health workforce is eager to tackle the threats ahead of us, but can only do so if Congress provides the resources to do our jobs. (ishn.com)
- We can both help Americans in need and reduce the cost of mental health on society by investing in such programs. (thewestsidegazette.com)
- Other CDMRP programs funded this year and of potential interest to Gulf War veterans include ALS ($7.5 million, same as FY14), MS ($5 million, same as FY14), traumatic brain injury (TBI) and psychological health ($125 million, an increase from $80 million in FY14), various cancers, and a new therapeutic service dog training program ($3 million). (91outcomes.com)
- This program will be jointly administered by the U.S. Departments of Education (ED) and Health and Human Services (HHS). (ed.gov)
- As a Federally Qualified Health Center, the clinic participates in a federal program created in the early 1990s that provides prescription drugs at deep discounts. (theledger.com)
- Two congressmen representing Polk County, Rep. Darren Soto, D-Kissimmee, and Rep. Ross Spano, R-Dover, have signed letters asking the Department of Health and Human Services to protect the 340B Drug Pricing Program. (theledger.com)
- The 340B program is critical to making sure we have affordable and free prescription drugs for those in need working with our federally qualified health clinics," Soto told The Ledger. (theledger.com)
- In 1992, as part of the Veterans Health Care Act, Congress extended similar drug discounts to safety-net providers. (theledger.com)
- The 2015 ISAKOS Congress will be held at the Lyon Convention Centre at the Cité Internationale. (isakos.com)
- We were pleased to have the opportunity to showcase promising preliminary data from both the Supinoxin and RX-3117 clinical programs at this prestigious cancer meeting," commented Dr. Peter D. Suzdak, Chief Executive Officer of Rexahn Pharmaceuticals. (stockguru.com)
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed course on suspending a legal advice program for undocumented immigrants, saying he has ordered the resumption of the program pending a review of its effectiveness. (cnn.com)
- Lunchtime sessions, e-posters, technical exhibits and social activities will also be offered to Congress attendees. (isakos.com)
- The outstanding congress program will foster this sharing of knowledge and advancing scientific discoveries through an extensive line-up of educational sessions, poster and oral communications, state-of-the-art lectures, medical industry exhibits and professional networking opportunities. (isth2017.org)
- The Ottawa Ukrainian radio program features a report on the opera singer Solomia Krushelnytska, famous for her role as Madame Butterfly, by Nadia Kazymyra. (ucc.ca)
- Report to Congress on the Recovery Program for Threatened and Endangered Species 1996 U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Report to Congress on the Recovery Program for Threatened and Endangered Species 1996 U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Cover photo by P. Mullen/USFWS Introduction The Endangered Species Act of 1973, [16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq. (fws.gov)
- The Endangered Species Act amendments of 1988 (Public Law 100-478/50 CFR 1533(f)(3)) included a requirement that the Secretaries of the Interior and Commerce report to Congress every two years on the status of efforts to develop and implement recovery plans, and the status of all species for which recovery plans have been developed. (fws.gov)
- This is the fourth Report to Congress on the status of the recovery program for federally listed endangered and threatened species under the Secretary of the Interior's jurisdiction. (fws.gov)
- WASHINGTON - National Taxpayer Advocate Nina E. Olson today released her annual report to Congress, focusing particular attention on the consequences of changes to the tax code enacted late in the year and the need for a coordinated IRS approach to combat the cash economy portion of the tax gap. (irs.gov)
- This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve substantial risks and uncertainties, including with respect to the DRM01 mechanism of action and when results from the DRM01 Phase 2b clinical program will be available. (cnbc.com)
- Paul G. Richardson , MD, is Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Clinical Program Leader, Director of Clinical Research at the Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Massachusetts , USA. (prnewswire.com)
- The program is now online for our first-ever fully virtual Clinical Congress. (facs.org)
- The ISAKOS Congress provides a variety of new preventative, therapeutic and surgical technique information, allowing attendees to expand their knowledge and enhance their surgical skills. (isakos.com)
- Congress attendees and their guests will enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while reuniting with colleagues and friends. (isakos.com)
- ISAKOS will work with the local tourism bureau to provide the opportunity to register for day-tours in Lyon and the surrounding areas to congress attendees and their travel companions. (isakos.com)
- Attendees are encouraged to sign up early for the program during online registration. (incentivetravel.co.uk)
- Interested in bringing the Rural Outreach Program to your area? (ndsccenter.org)
- Click here to download information about the NDSC Rural Outreach Program. (ndsccenter.org)
- The LVA program provides an add-on payment for low-volume provider to sustain access to care in rural areas. (fiercehealthcare.com)
- Some credit programs are almost comically risky for the government, most memorably a rural broadband effort with an official default rate of a seemingly impossible 116 percent . (politico.com)
- Conservative, rural states adopting syringe programs is a game-changer," said Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance. (drugpolicy.org)
- We're working very hard to get Congress to pass a multi-year extension. (forbes.com)
- What has Congress been up to since this month last year? (govtrack.us)
- IDFA looks forward to working with the new Congress next year to move the free-trade agenda forward to the benefit of the U.S. dairy industry," Hough said. (idfa.org)
- Each year, at the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation Meeting, the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presents awards for contributions to the overall efforts of the Program and to recognize achievements in specific areas. (greencarcongress.com)
- The Chinese nuclear testing program has been characterized as slow by Western standards, averaging around one test per year, with a total of 37 tests to date. (fas.org)
- The only authority Congress has with regards to immigration is to prevent it after the year 1808. (alipac.us)
- Among its many provision, the life of the treatment-focused, Congressionally directed, "Peer Reviewed Gulf War Illness Research" program ( GWIRP ) is extended for another year through Fiscal Year 2015 and is funded at the same $20 million level as the last two fiscal years. (91outcomes.com)
- As a Congressionally directed program, the Gulf War Illness Research Program must be specifically funded by Congress each year or it does not continue. (91outcomes.com)
- In each of the last two years, Congress has acted in December to provide tax benefits with retroactive effect for the full year. (irs.gov)
- The IRS recently stated that more than 13 million taxpayers may have to wait to file their returns until February 11 this year to allow the IRS to fully implement the changes Congress enacted last month. (irs.gov)
- Overall, the program is expected to return $1.23 on every dollar it lends this year, thanks to its relatively high interest rates and minimal opportunities for debt relief, as well as the government's relentlessness in tracking down overdue education loans. (politico.com)
- Recent reports of drugs found in streams, being discharged by wastewater treatment plants and by pharma plants themselves, have raised the issue to the level of concern to Congress. (fiercepharma.com)
- However, we want your input on how we implement the major elements of this program so we are posting this draft executive summary of the draft requirements, priorities, selection criteria, and definitions for the RTT-ELC competition on this Web site and we encourage all interested parties to share their comments with us. (ed.gov)
- In 2007, Congress provided an Alternative Minimum Tax "patch" to protect approximately 20 million additional taxpayers from the AMT. (irs.gov)
- In 2006, Congress reauthorized deductions for state and local sales taxes, educator expenses, and post-secondary tuition and fees in December, and taxpayers made an estimated 1.4 million fewer claims for these benefits in 2006 than in 2005. (irs.gov)