Auditory Perceptual Disorders
Acquired or developmental cognitive disorders of AUDITORY PERCEPTION characterized by a reduced ability to perceive information contained in auditory stimuli despite intact auditory pathways. Affected individuals have difficulty with speech perception, sound localization, and comprehending the meaning of inflections of speech.
Hearing Loss, Noise-Induced
Disorders of sensory information received from superficial and deep regions of the body. The somatosensory system conveys neural impulses which pertain to proprioception, tactile sensation, thermal sensation, pressure sensation, and pain. PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES; SPINAL CORD DISEASES; and BRAIN DISEASES may be associated with impaired or abnormal somatic sensation.
Electronic hearing devices typically used for patients with normal outer and middle ear function, but defective inner ear function. In the COCHLEA, the hair cells (HAIR CELLS, VESTIBULAR) may be absent or damaged but there are residual nerve fibers. The device electrically stimulates the COCHLEAR NERVE to create sound sensation.
Motion Pictures as Topic
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
A group of islands in the southwest Pacific. Its capital is Wellington. It was discovered by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642 and circumnavigated by Cook in 1769. Colonized in 1840 by the New Zealand Company, it became a British crown colony in 1840 until 1907 when colonial status was terminated. New Zealand is a partly anglicized form of the original Dutch name Nieuw Zeeland, new sea land, possibly with reference to the Dutch province of Zeeland. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p842 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p378)
Advertising as Topic
Chronic mental disorders in which there has been an insidious development of a permanent and unshakeable delusional system (persecutory delusions or delusions of jealousy), accompanied by preservation of clear and orderly thinking. Emotional responses and behavior are consistent with the delusional state.
Transcendence Theatre Company
Transcendence Artist Series 6. Megan Hilty in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 7. Off to the Cloud , Transcendence Artist ... One Singular Sensation , Broadway Under the Stars 2. Fantastical Family Night , Broadway Under the Stars 3. The Music Of The ... Morgan Kerr in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 7. Steppin' Out Live! With Ben Vereen , Transcendence Artist Series 8. " ... Carrie Manolakos in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 6. An Evening with Sutton Foster , Transcendence Artist Series 7. ...
Rare (Gwen Stefani song)
The song was included during Act 3 of the concert series, immediately following a performance of No Doubt's "Hella Good". On ... "iTunes (U.S.) - Music - Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like". iTunes (U.S.). February 12, 2016. Archived from the ... often there's a lovely sensation of floating upwards." As the album's closing track, Nicholaus James Jodlowski of Reporter ... "Rare" received generally favorable reviews from music critics, some of which called the song "glamorous" and predicted that it ...
Michael A. Simon
American Bible Challenge ACE Awards Award for Best Music Series: "New Visions" Award for Best Music Series "VH1 to One" ... He has continued his work, directing programs primarily in music and dance, including broadcast concerts and Reality TV ... The Sing-Off and the worldwide sensation Ridiculousness which is now at 400+ episodes. ... From his position inside VH1 Simon would first Produce and Direct the award-winning music series New Visions. New Visions ...
Sons of Butcher (band)
Their music fuses vulgar absurdist comedy with rock music in a style that is described as "mock rock". Their band alter-egos ... The concert was released as a 90-minute live special called "Sons of Butcher: Tourin' the Canada". It featured a mixture of ... Their blend of comedy, rock and deli trays quickly became a local sensation. After the completion of their second TV season, ... along with all the unreleased songs have been featured at some point in an episode of the Sons of Butcher animated series. Sons ...
J (South Korean singer)
In 2012, J hosted Arirang TV's The Sensation, a music-focused series that introduced traditional Korean instruments, music, and ... dance through multiple venues including concerts, studio audience tapings, and award-winning documentaries geared towards a ... "2000 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list" Archived August 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. MAMA. Retrieved June 12, 2014 ...
It is said that after one such concert, the members of the audience, who had never before heard classical music performed, ... creating a sensation. In a review, noted Chicago Tribune music critic Claudia Cassidy, who was known for her unkind reviews of ... Richter's 1960 tour of the United States culminated in a series of concerts at Carnegie Hall. Richter disliked performing in ... "Music must be given to those who love it. I want to give free concerts; that's the answer." On Neuhaus: "I learned a lot from ...
Beijing Olympic event series hosted the likes of Paolo Nutini and Bob Marley's son Julian Marley for Beijing Olympic concert ... Ballen also served as co-host and co-producer of China's first nationally syndicated Western Music radio show i-Music. In July ... including the marketing and event programming related to Jamaican track and field sensation Usain Bolt. His company and ... In 2011, Ballen launched China's first ever, bilingual, Sino-American reality series, REMIX, a talent series offering amateur ...
Jill Saward (singer)
Twilight Sensation [Laserdisc] 1986: The Purely Music Concert Series [Laserdisc] 2004: Live at the Playhouse [DVD] 2004: In ... Concert [DVD] 2005: Live at Duo Music Exchange [DVD] "Shakatak's Jill Saward discusses women in the music ahead of appearance ... Jill Saward and the Fusion Orchestra gained a following of fans who secured a record deal with EMI music to produce their first ... In addition to her music career, Jill is an abstract impressionist artist who specializes in photographic prints. 1999: Just ...
When μ's reunited after four years to perform at the franchise-wide concert Love Live! Series 9th Anniversary: Love Live! Fest ... In a review by LisAni!, an anime music magazine published by Sony Magazines under Sony Music Entertainment Japan, "Snow ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "「ラブライブ!μ's Go→Go! LoveLive! 2015 ～Dream Sensation!～」2日目ライブレポート (2)" (in Japanese). IPG ... It was performed as one of the final songs at all six of μ's' concerts from 2012 to 2016, and it was the last song they ...
... the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed at the Music Box Theatre on Broadway. Henry starred as Jamie ... Henry has also appeared on the television series Kings and Nip/Tuck, as well as the 2010 short film Once Upon a Time in ... On January 22, he was among the performers in the Broadway Memories concert performance in New York, in which he performed ... However, he was cast as Harold Hill in his high school (Florida Bible Christian School) production of The Music Man and with ...
This Is My Time (Raven-Symoné album)
COUNTRY MUSIC SENSATION CHRIS CAGLE, AND COUNTRY MUSIC BAND SAWYER BROWN HEADLINE THE 2006 MARYLAND STATE FAIR CONCERT SERIES ... Raven in Concert is the debut concert tour by American recording artist, Raven-Symoné. The tour supports her third studio album ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Music Albums, Top 200 Albums & Music Album Charts , Billboard.com Billboard.com ... Primarily visiting North America, the tour played nearly 40 shows at numerous music festivals and state fairs in the United ...
... the cast did a series of concert at Nokia Stadium for over 70,000 fans. They returned to the country for additional concerts in ... a music video that airs nonstop on music cable channels, a monthly magazine, cosmetics, a sunglasses and clothing line, ... Soon after its debut, the show became a huge sensation and the teenagers who formed the cast became overnight teen idols. They ... The complete cast of the program visited Tel Aviv for a series of concerts at the Nokia Arena, with over 50.000 tickets sold. ...
"Dexter: Season 7 (Music From the Showtime Original Series) by Daniel Licht on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 2015-10-14. "Festival ... The song has quickly become a viral sensation and a worldwide phenomenon. New York Post called it "the breakout hit," Thrillist ... "AX 2014 - rePlay: Symphony of Heroes concert review". Nerd Reactor. Retrieved 2015-10-15. "Sonya Belousova - Official website ... often reimagining the original music themes and giving them "a new unique spin". Grey directed and produced the music videos. ...
In April Anúna joined Mitsuda on stage in April for a series of full concert performances of music from Xenogears to celebrate ... Their album Sensation, released in April 2006, was an eclectic collection, with settings by McGlynn of texts by Cardinal Henry ... The choir's earliest concerts featured medieval Irish and European music, contemporary choral pieces by Irish composers and ... gravitate (4 August 2010). "RTÉ Orchestras: RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra The Seven-Thirty Summer Evening Concert Series". ...
... at the 2009 Edinburgh Fringe Festival and at Thank You for the Music - a special concert in Hyde Park celebrating the music of ... in addition to talking to Edward Seckerson in his Singular Sensations series at Charing Cross Theatre, London, and playing an ... "BBC Concert Orchestra - Friday Night is Music Night". BBC. Retrieved 8 March 2012. "What's On? - Cruz 101 - Manchester's ... the Mermaid Theatre as part of the BBC Radio 2 special Friday Night is Music Night in a special concert celebrating the music ...
Dragon's concert band arrangement of America the Beautiful is played by bands across the country in concerts of patriotic music ... The Sensation of the Coast." Dragon made a series of popular light classical albums for Capitol Records during the 1950s with ... Dragon's wife, Eloise (Rawitzer), sang on his Maxwell House series and Starlight Concert. Carmen Dragon died of cancer, aged 69 ... The program featured a high quality introduction to classical music for young people growing up in the 1940s and early 1950s. ...
... the most expensive concert funding in the Vietnamese music industry at that time. However, she became the first Vietnamese ... "Global Pop Sensations You've Never Heard Of - You Might Not Know Their Names, But Plenty of Others Do". ABC News. Archived from ... The series premiered on VTV3 on 7 October, and ran for 37 episodes. It was the first to star many contemporary Vietnamese ... Live Concert: For a Love (2011) Live Concert: LETTER TO MY LOVE (2013) Live Concert Tour: HEARTBEAT (2014) My Tam & Kotaro ...
Brian Grant (director)
He was also hired to direct her 1983 HBO concert "A Hot Summers Night...", after that he was in high demand as music video ... The Series, Queen of Swords, Clocking Off, New Tricks, Sinbad, The Worst Witch, Our Girl (2018 TV series), Video Killed the ... Sensation (1993) Day of Reckoning (1993) The Red Shoe Diaries (1994) The Second Noah (1995) The Immortals (1995) Bloodlines: ... February 2013/Daeida.com Golden Age of Music Video - M's "Pop Muzik" and the Cheapo White Background Music Video Brian Grant at ...
"Orlando TikTok sensations the 502s play the Plaza Live's Front Porch Concert Series on Thursday". December 1, 2020. "LISTEN: ... 3][dead link] "12/06/2016: Communion Music @ Rockwood Music Hall , Concert Archives". www.concertarchives.org. McKinnon, Jen ( ... "Music for the pandemic: Florida band The 502s plays music that makes you smile". Naples News. "Song Premiere: The 502s' " ... playlist and the band performed headlining slots at Florida Music Festival and Winter Garden Music Festival. Also in 2016, The ...
List of programs broadcast by Disney Channel
Disney Channel's critically acclaimed "In Concert" series features a variety of recording artists from all genres of music, ... Most recently, Disney Channel taped an "In Concert" special with international pop sensations B-Witched and Five. The four ... "Ray J in Concert with Brandy," "Jonny Lang in Concert" and "Cleopatra in Concert." "'N Sync in Concert" was credited by RCA ... "Holidays in Concert" featured a specially taped concert performance of favorite holiday music from Epcot at The Walt Disney ...
... were frequently played during the series of Petits Concerts given by Alkan at Erard. As regards the music of his own time, ... "sensation" and an "explosion". They also commented on the attending celebrities including Liszt, Chopin, Sand and Dumas. In the ... The Petits Concerts featured music not only by Alkan but of his favourite composers from Bach onwards, played on both the piano ... At the Petits Concerts, little more recent than Mendelssohn and Chopin (both of whom had died around 25 years before the series ...
ISBN 1-902636-46-5. Helmholtz, Hermann von (2005). On the Sensations of Tone as a Physiological Basis for the Theory of Music, ... ISBN 0-306-71597-X (cloth); ISBN 0-306-80106-X (pbk). Renold, Maria (2004). Intervals, Scales, Tones and the Concert Pitch C= ... Pure and Applied Mathematics Series 262 (New York: Marcel Dekker; London: Momenta), p. xxiv. ISBN 0-8247-4714-3. "25:18 classic ... Music Sales Ltd. Omnibus Press. London, 2010 pp. 522-523 Moskowitz, D. (2010) The Words and Music of Jimi Hendrix. Praeger. ...
... preserved the traditional Puerto Rican form known as Jibaro music - a folk music from the Puerto Rican hill country ... Short, round and joyous, Toro was well-suited to the role, and went on to reprise it in many holiday concerts. Toro toured the ... Larger than a mandolin, it contains ten strings which generate complex tones and multiple harmonic series. The Puerto Rican ... made him a musical sensation in Latin America. His Christmas albums Asalto Navideño and Feliz Navidad became instant classics, ...
It launched his concert career overnight and was the first of many such broadcasts. In promoting the flute as a solo concert ... The catalogue of flute music recorded on 78 rpm discs reveals that there was some prior taste for the music of Vivaldi, ... More of this duo in recital at the Salle Gaveau in Paris (19 March 1964) appears from the TV series the Jeunesses musicales de ... It was one of the first flute/piano recitals the city had seen, and caused a "sensation". The success encouraged Rampal to ...
Her Majesty's Theatre
Joseph Haydn's series of concerts in London took place here in the 1790s. In the early 19th century, the theatre hosted the ... the concerts had been presented at the Hanover Square Rooms with tremendous success. A sensation was caused during a Royal ... Music in Art: International Journal for Music Iconography. 44 (1-2): 19-165. ISSN 1522-7464. Earl, John and Michael Sell. Guide ... It was in this room that Joseph Haydn gave a series of concerts, under the sponsorship of Johann Peter Salomon, on his second ...
Since then, Committee Entertainment has founded the Dayglow tour series and Life in Color, an international EDM concert company ... "30 Under 30 In Music: The Class Of 2015". Forbes. January 5, 2015. Retrieved 2015-02-06. "Dance Music's Young Guns Shine In ... Solano, who was a fan of the Sensation events in Europe, was inspired by the idea of a traveling Dayglow tour. He and Committee ... "Life in Color Music Festival Expanding to Two Days". NBC Miami. Aug 5, 2014. "Life In Color's Many Hues: Interview with ...
According to Grove Music Online: "His Queen Elizabeth Hall début recital in London in 1968 caused a sensation, and has become a ... 2,Ivan Davis with Henry Lewis conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra", Decca Phase 4 stereo concert series, PFS 4214 1971 ... He received his Bachelor of Music in 1952 from University of North Texas College of Music, and an Artist's Diploma, as a ... "Music of George Antheil", Music Masters Classics (BMG), 67094-2 On August 6, 1960, in New Canaan, Connecticut, Davis married ...
Gustafer is the main character in a series of audio books, hand-drawn music videos brought to life in both live concerts and ... In March 2008 "Gustafer Yellowgold's Mellow Sensation" began its 22-week Off-Broadway run at Daryl Roth's DR2 theater in ... Taylor played the first live Gustafer Yellowgold concert with music and moving images in the summer of 2005 while on tour in ... The illustrated music video collection chronicles the exploits of Gustafer, a friendly yellow alien who has come to Earth from ...
The series also uses background music during its episodes from Kiessling, such as "On Your Bike" or "Blue Blood". Kiessling ... His piece "Temptation Sensation" is used as the theme song for the FX and FXX TV show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Always ... and started his career in 1949 as a pianist and played in different concerts around the world. Soon after, he started working ... In 1950, he began composing music in the jazz, dance and light music genres. At times, he also led his own orchestra, and also ...
TV Series) 2015: FNS Music Festival: Part 1 (TV Special) 2015: FNS Music Festival: Part 2 (TV Special) 2016: Mizuki Nana ... Happy Lesson Concert 2001: Memories Off 1st Concert 2003: Memories Off 2nd Concert 2005: Animelo Summer Live 2005 2006: Animelo ... Nana Mizuki Live Sensation Zepp Side/Hall Side 2003-2004: Nana Mizuki Live Skipper Countdown 2004: Nana Mizuki Live Spark 2004 ... She held a 7-day long concert series at the Nippon Budokan in January 2018. Mizuki announced her marriage to a person in the ...
Transcendence Theatre Company - Wikipedia
Transcendence Artist Series 6. Megan Hilty in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 7. Off to the Cloud , Transcendence Artist ... One Singular Sensation , Broadway Under the Stars 2. Fantastical Family Night , Broadway Under the Stars 3. The Music Of The ... Morgan Kerr in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 7. Steppin Out Live! With Ben Vereen , Transcendence Artist Series 8. " ... Carrie Manolakos in Concert , Transcendence Artist Series 6. An Evening with Sutton Foster , Transcendence Artist Series 7. ...
Rare (Gwen Stefani song) - Wikipedia
The song was included during Act 3 of the concert series, immediately following a performance of No Doubts "Hella Good". On ... "iTunes (U.S.) - Music - Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like". iTunes (U.S.). February 12, 2016. Archived from the ... often theres a lovely sensation of floating upwards." As the albums closing track, Nicholaus James Jodlowski of Reporter ... "Rare" received generally favorable reviews from music critics, some of which called the song "glamorous" and predicted that it ...
The Sound of Equality: Women Take the Stage at All Things Go Fall Classic Music Festival
Pop mogul Beyoncés "The Formation World Tour" concert series was attended by over 2 million fans. ... This April, fearless rap sensation Cardi B had thirteen songs simultaneously in the Billboard Hot 100, achieving the most songs ... Some music festivals lack even a courtesy nod to gender parity.. Bunbury, a music festival held in Cincinnati with a focus on ... are also using their platform to promote gender equity in music, by speaking out on social media and partnering with music ...
Olly Murs to headline Gibraltar Music Festival - Olive Press News Spain
Concerts May Never Be The Same, But Virtual Entertainment Is Thriving | HuffPost
... became a cultural sensation and is now in partnership with Apple Music and Apple TV+. And Visible, the first all-digital ... Live Nation Finland had a successful run of a summer concert series for up to 500 people. And in the U.S., there was "Live from ... 1, a free three-day interactive concert series featuring Lil Baby, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Phoebe Bridgers, Sam ... a longtime provider of pay-per-view concerts and live music recordings founded by Brad Serling in 1993, also works with ...
San Antonio's Violin Sensation - David Filner on Classical Music
Friday I sat down with San Antonios 16-year old violin sensation Nancy Zhou for a series of brief interviews about her ... Other highlights of her concert schedule include solo recitals in Georgetown and Washington, DC, the January concerts in which ... Influenced in music by her father and teacher, Long Zhou, Nancy has been studying the violin since age 4. She gave her first ... On Sunday, the concert order will be reversed with the Sibelius Violin Concerto concluding the program and there will be no ...
Forget listening, you can now FEEL the sound with the Woojer Edge Series | Yanko Design
Woojer Edge Series - Immersive Experience that Lets you FEEL Sound. Woojer is a progressive sensation that boasts an amplified ... Not only while listening to music but the Woojer Edge Series can also be enjoyed by those who are gaming or watching a movie. ... in a concert or even the last time you stuck your ears to those huge speakers for the sheer joy of feeling the sound ... If youre a music pro this will pump the low-frequencies through your body as it engages you in a unique and mesmerizing audio ...
Best Hip-Hop Act | Ground Zero Movement | arts-and-entertainment | Best of Denver® | Westword
... a concert series featuring live performances by such local music sensations as Wendy Woo and Big Head Todd and the Monsters, ... It remains a going concern, and if its current release schedule holds, music lovers will soon be repaid for their patience. ... Photographers, video artists, writers and historians are among the speakers who christened the series inaugural run. The talks ... Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox ...
This week: concerts in New York (April 9, 2018 - April 15, 2018) - I CARE IF YOU LISTEN
... on April 15 at NYCs Rockwood Music Hall as part of the LPR: Presents series, with Lisel (the recording project of Eliza Bagg) ... to William Doughertys a stillness of zero sensation. The evening also features the world premiere of a new arrangement of ... Cutting Edge Concerts: Eric Salzman Opera Premiere. Victoria Bonds Cutting Edge Concerts New Music Festival, Gramercy Opera, ... Piano+ is a monthly concert series at Spectrum curated by composer and pianist Teodora Stepančić, dedicated to new and recent ...
Meeting in the Dream World: Oneironauticum - Reality Sandwich
During the 1980s, electronic musician Robert Rich performed a series of live, all night concerts for sleeping Bay Area ... At midnight, we turned on the music and got into bed. As I found out the next morning, many of us experienced particularly ... I soared above a football game, enjoying the sensation of swooping and banking, elated and free. Then I caught sight of two ... On the page I read a series of notes written in black pen, clearly taken by a colleague during phone calls with me. He d used ...
Season Announcement | The New Yorker
... and concert halls have announced their 2010-11 seasons. Smaller organizations, … ... Our Opera in Concert series will feature this season a rare concert performance of "Jersey Boys," starring Byrn Terfel, Ian ... On to the music! Our opening-night gala at ConAgra Jiffy Pop™ will proudly boast three of the most glittering superstars in the ... the young pop sensation Justin Bieber will sing in Heinrich Bibers "Missa Salisburgensis." At the podium will be our new ...
Singing sensation Arijit Singh gets ready to woo audiences in ten cities across the country with his first ever India tour -...
The concert series, an initiative of GiMA Concerts,is slated to begin on Arijits home-turf, Kolkata on December24thand will be ... Speaking about the concert tour, Ferzad Palia, Head - Youth, Music and English Entertainment, Viacom18 said, "MTV has always ... We are glad to present a series of live concerts under the aegis of GiMA concerts in partnership with Viacom18s MTV with the ... Be it introducing India to music television to creating the biggest ever music format shows such as MTV Unplugged, Coke [email ...
New York University | New York, New York | Tuition: $33420
Student activities: choral groups, concert band, dance, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, music ensembles, musical ... s Mystery Concert, Greek Nite, Relay for Life, Grad Alley, Program Board Film Series, Chinese Mei Society? s YUAN, Asian ... Hong Kong Student Associations Sensation, Chinese Student Society? s Expo, International Filipino Association, Pilipino ... and the Avery Fisher Center for Music and Media. Other libraries include the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences Library ...
flyover: FlyOver: April 2007 Archives
In fairness, this was the first of the "Sensations" concerts. The series usually improves as the festival continues. This year ... Why rank classical music concerts? Because its fun, for one thing. For another, classical music is often spared this kind of ... The recital, the first of the classical music concerts at this years music festival, began softly and built up to a powerful ... 9. Sensations I. Violinist Daniel Hope assembles an ad hoc ensemble of world-class musicians to perform a series of chamber ...
Jean-Pierre Rampal - Wikipedia
It launched his concert career overnight and was the first of many such broadcasts. In promoting the flute as a solo concert ... The catalogue of flute music recorded on 78 rpm discs reveals that there was some prior taste for the music of Vivaldi, ... More of this duo in recital at the Salle Gaveau in Paris (19 March 1964) appears from the TV series Les Jeunesses Musicales de ... It was one of the first flute/piano recitals the city had seen, and caused a "sensation". The success encouraged Rampal to ...
Dean Martin Articles, Photos, and Videos - Baltimore Sun
Stephanie Blythe to launch Lyric series emphasizing American music. In 2006, mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe treated the Shriver ... In 2006, mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe treated the Shriver Hall Concert Series audience to incisive musicality and a downright ... Thats where she would cause a sensation a decade later, stepping in for an ailing Marilyn Horne in 1996 and serving notice ... Stephanie Blythe to launch Lyric series emphasizing American music. Tim Smith. ...
Living a Cultural Legacy | Go Hawaii
This 4-time Grammy Award winning weekly concert series is hosted by Hawaiis Renaissance Man, George Kahumoku Jr., and Maui ... Located in the Rainbow Tower® Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Live Music on Friday & Saturday from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm ... sensation, Da Ukulele Boyz (Peter deAquino & Garrett Probst). Young guitarist, Sterling Seaton, also joins the shows final jam ... farm-to-table cuisine and handmade artisan pizzas come together with live music, romantic sunsets, a fun rum bar and fire pit ...
Country Music Sensation Billy Ray Cyrus - Risen Magazine
I do the same thing in my personal life that I do in my professional life; I play it by ear, knowing that life is a series of ... but rather for concerts. He traded a baseball for a guitar and never looked back. This multi-platinum selling recording artist ... Billy Ray Cyrus: Ive just always loved making music for the pure passion of making music. Music was a big part of my life. ... I loved all styles of music, so I wanted to make all styles of music and I still use all of those influences to this day.. The ...
Verve. March 2018. Issue 142. by Verve Magazine - Issuu
The groups much anticipated return includes an interactive survey exhibition and concert series fuelled with fresh direction ... music has never been in more of a truth seeking landscape. (Music writer Laura McInnes took to the streets during the Auckland ... Nothing is on your mind other than all the feelings and sensations required to get the most out of the race car. That being ... Whether it be music, ﬁlm, politics or TV, its common and its clichéd to mockingly comment about how it was all better back ...
Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre
These prints convey the ephemeral mood of the shifting light, color, and music in a series of almost cinematic images.. Lautrec ... THE CAFÉ-CONCERTS AND CELEBRITY CULTURE. Of all the pleasures of Paris, it was the café-concert and its stars that cast the ... His print Moulin Rouge: La Goulue fueled the popularity of La Goulue and made Lautrec an overnight sensation in Montmartre.. ... Determined to win his release, Lautrec made a series of crayon circus drawings from memory to prove the soundness of his mind. ...
Harlem's Ed Sullivan, From The Ed Sullivan Show, 1901 - 1974
Seitus World: Jazz Music Celebration At The American Legion In Harlem *. Seitus World: Vaughan Harper Celebration Of Life In ... Jackie Mason was banned from the series in October 1964 (the ban was removed a year and a half later, and Mason made his final ... Sullivan struck up such a rapport with the Beatles that he agreed to introduce them at their momentous Shea Stadium concert on ... Sullivans failure to scoop the TV industry with Presley made him determined to get the next big sensation first. In 1964, he ...
2013-12-30 11:31:01 AM
Fix the music and make senseless rhymes fit?. I guess its the fact that you cant be artistic. Intricate raps, becomin so ... FuryOfFirestorm: Biebers latest "concert film" flopped hard, making only $3.1 million this weekend, and the songs from his ... Sometime in 2014, a new Big Tween Sensation will show up and steal 1Ds thunder. ... So what? Say what you will about it, the world loved his music for a time. Last I checked, he still holds a few records for ...
R&B Sensation Trey Songz Kicks off 4th of July Weekend with a Live Performance | Inside Universal
With a combined total of 30 platinum albums, this years concert lineup features artists who have each led the U.S. music ... Universal Orlando Resorts Summer Concert Series continues this weekend with the smooth R&B sounds of Trey Songz performing ... Home Universal Orlando Events R&B Sensation Trey Songz Kicks off 4th of July Weekend with a... ... R&B Sensation Trey Songz Kicks off 4th of July Weekend with a Live Performance. By ...
My Fan App : Coco Jones - Android app on AppBrain
She is best known for the film Let It Shine, where Jones played the role of "Roxie," a little teenage sensation, whose music ... and has concerts scheduled throughout the year. Jones is showcased as the youngest artist on the recently released Bleve ... LIve 2 Dance soundtrack for the TV series Shake It Up, performing the song Dont Push Me, a feisty danced themed song, and ... She is best known for the film Let It Shine, where Jones played the role of "Roxie," a little teenage sensation, whose music ...
Core Bites: April 19 - News - Hendersonville Times-News - Hendersonville, NC
Blue Ridge Brass and Pipes concert April 28. Blue Ridge Brass and Pipes will host a celtic music concert at 2 p.m. April 28 at ... This will mark the third consecutive year the Kontras Quartet has appeared on the Chamber Music series. Sundays program will ... Cobb will open with an early Beethoven sonata - known as "The Path tique Sonata," Opus 13 - that became a sensation immediately ... Visit hendersonvillechamber music.org for more information. Pianist John Cobb in concert Sunday. John Cobb will perform a piano ...
Salt N Pepa Tickets at Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on May 26, 2019
Get tickets for Salt N Pepa and New Kids on the Block concert at Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on May 26, 2019. Track bands on ... announced that Tiffany would be teaming up with fellow 1980s pop music sensation Debbie Gibson for an upcoming summer concert ... Concert Series. They brought out rap duo Kid N Play after performing Whatta Man. ... Concert Series. They brought out rap duo Kid N Play after performing Whatta Man. ...
Star-studded season celebrates Yavapai College's 50th anniversary | The Daily Courier | Prescott, AZ
October sees former Eagles guitarist Don Felder giving a high-energy rock concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, followed by ... 24, followed by the first entry in the presidential series: former NBC anchor and journalist Soledad OBrien at 10 a.m. Tuesday ... "YCPAC embraces the holiday season with a must-see trifecta: Handels Messiah followed by Aussie singing sensations The Ten ... Grammy Award winner and country music icon Travis Tritt at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1. ...
SuzeeBehindTheScenes: New Jersey Performing Arts Centers Celebrates 20 Years: Complete 2017-18 Season Listing includes Bill...
Horizon Foundation Concert Series and Horizon Foundation Sounds of the City; World Music Series sponsored by American Express; ... The reggae sensation, known for his romantic "lovers rock," appears with the phenomenal Marcia Griffiths and Third World. Part ... TD Bank Jazz Series and the TD James Moody Jazz Festival; Headliner Series, sponsored by Bank of America, American Song series ... An American music icon returns with a concert drawn from his long list of timeless hits: "Misty," "Chances Are," "Twelfth of ...
Itineraries - Red Wing Visitors & Convention Bureau
At Falconers Vineyards, the Music in the Vines summer series welcomes you to partake in the sensations of sights, sounds, and ... Arts Association Summer Concert Series in Central Park:Summer Wednesday - 7PM. *Festivals:River City Days: August 4th-6th. ... Falconer Vineyards: Monthly music events take place throughout the summer and fall in a series known as "Music in the Vines." ... Hobgoblin/Stoney End Music Loft: The music loft offers a regular schedule of folk, Celtic, and bluegrass music, plus an ...
20181984ImmersiveChamber musicYear's2017PianistSymphonyLoversOvernight sensation2019OrchestraRepertoireLive in ConcTheatre2016CreatesVenuesProminentAvant-gardeOnstageOlly MursPromotersFestivalEmotionsFestivalsHallsCabaretCountry musicRecitalsProfoundEnsembleAudiencesViolinistTimeRemarkableAuditoriumYearsConductMusiciansAmericaLongtimePerformersTheaterFeaturesIndiaDanceVideoExhibitionVocalSinger-songwriterNewsPerformanceScenesWidelyPeopleUpstairsWorldPlayJazzRockAngelesMarqueeIsraeliGuest starredYearCompositionExperimentalArtsBenefit concertEventsBandGospelBlendsMusicalClassical musicPHILIPPINESInternationalListener
- Bunbury, a music festival held in Cincinnati with a focus on indie rock and a 2016 three-day attendance of over 60,000 people features no female artists in any of the bands comprising its top 11 acts in the festival's 2018 lineup . (thehoya.com)
- The concert series, an initiative of GiMA Concerts,is slated to begin on Arijit's home-turf, Kolkata on December24thand will be held across major cities right up till March 2018.The singer, who has captured the hearts of over millions across the world, is all set to take the nation by storm with his chartbusters.Fanswill be able to get their tickets exclusively on BookMyShow, India's largest online entertainment ticketing brand. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- The Bank of America Classical Series encompasses eight concerts beginning this October to May 2018. (suzeebehindthescenes.com)
- Soundcheck / Runthrough: Saturday - October 20, 2018 12 pm to 4 pm with the Bop Island Big Band featuring British Vocal sensation Polly Gibbons. (prlog.org)
- Grande's older half brother, Frankie Grande, is a Broadway actor and singer, and Grande herself has been known to perform the occasional musical theater number, such as when she sang "The Wizard and I" from Wicked at the Wicked 15th Anniversary Concert in 2018. (allamericanspeakers.com)
- His 1984 album New Sensations took a more commercial turn and 1989's New York ended the decade with a set of funny, politically cutting songs that received universal critical praise. (yahoo.com)
- A version of 'Pablo Picasso' performed by Burning Sensations was included in the 1984 cult film, Repo Man. (last.fm)
- For an even more riveting experience, you have the Vest Edge that had audio pulsing through 6 outlets to give you a complete 360 degree immersive and detailed sensations. (yankodesign.com)
- Violinist Daniel Hope assembles an ad hoc ensemble of world-class musicians to perform a series of chamber music called "Sensations" that he creates every year. (artsjournal.com)
- The final Hendersonville Chamber Music performance is set for 3 p.m. Sunday at the First Congregational Church, 5th Avenue and White Pine Drive, Hendersonville. (blueridgenow.com)
- Winners of a Chamber Music America's residency, Kontras String Quartet consists of violinist Dmitri Pogorelov from Russia, Francois Henkins from South Africa, violist Ai Ishida from Japan and American cellist Jean Hatmaker. (blueridgenow.com)
- This will mark the third consecutive year the Kontras Quartet has appeared on the Chamber Music series. (blueridgenow.com)
- The recital, the first of the classical music concerts at this year's music festival, began softly and built up to a powerful dynamic, but it took the entire first half of the concert to get there. (artsjournal.com)
- With a combined total of 30 platinum albums, this year's concert lineup features artists who have each led the U.S. music charts and continue to be some of the most popular names in music today. (insideuniversal.net)
- INTERNATIONAL - It was practically the anthem for this year's World Series, with tens of thousands of Washington Nationals fans clapping in unison and belting out "Baby Shark, doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo. (iol.co.za)
- In 2017, 74 percent of bands performing at the largest U.S. music festivals were all-male, while only 14 percent were all-female and the remaining 12 percent were mixed-gender groups, according to Pitchfork Magazine . (thehoya.com)
- The study analyzed the proportion of female and male artists in popular music from 2012 to 2017, and found that although women were more likely to write or perform in the pop songs than men, women are rarely found in duos or groups and comprise only 2 percent of producers. (thehoya.com)
- PHILIPPINES (September 28, 2017) - The boundaries that lie between military discipline and human emotions are put to the test in the new drama series Valor , which premieres this October on AXN. (asianjournal.com)
- The San Antonio Symphony's first pops concert of 2017 is billed as "from gospel to soul to Broadway," which sounds like the ultimate long and winding road. (mysanantonio.com)
- The San Antonio Symphony's first pops concert of 2017 is billed. (mysanantonio.com)
- As there is no force stronger than real talent, Alejandro earned a good name with his music and was chosen as the "Artist of the year" by the Five of Five Entertainment in 2017. (excite.com)
- Moravec long ago earned every laurel any one concert pianist could earn. (artsjournal.com)
- Marshall C. "Marsh" Anders Jr., a retired music teacher, pianist and church organist who headed the music department at McDonogh School for nearly 50 years, died Nov. 15 of a stroke at the Brightview Mays Chapel retirement community. (baltimoresun.com)
- At some point during intermission, I looked up on stage to see a cute (albeit almost laughable) toy piano, which seemed fit for Stuart Little, much less a concert pianist. (kspc.org)
- Edith Mason's concert in the Columbus Club auditorium last evening was a double triumph: a triumph for Miss Mason and Isaac Van Grove, her pianist, and a triumph for the Green Bay Civic Music organization, whose first concert it was. (bccivicmusic.org)
- Friday I sat down with San Antonio's 16-year old violin sensation Nancy Zhou for a series of brief interviews about her upcoming January debut with the San Antonio Symphony. (mysanantonio.com)
- Other highlights of her concert schedule include solo recitals in Georgetown and Washington, DC, the January concerts in which she will perform the Sibelius Concerto with the San Antonio Symphony, the Brahms Concerto with the Symphony of the Hills of Kerrville, Texas, the Mendelssohn Piano Trio No. 2 and Mendelssohn Octet with recipients of Anne-Sophie Mutter's "Circle of Friends" Foundation, and Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole with the Mid-Texas Symphony. (mysanantonio.com)
- Conducted by Furman's Thomas Joiner, the concert features unfinished masterworks by Schubert and Mozart performed by the Symphony Orchestra, Furman Singers and Chorales, and student vocal soloists. (blueridgenow.com)
- Schubert's Symphony No. 8, also known as the "Unfinished," is considered a pivotal work at the dawn of the romantic era of symphonic music. (blueridgenow.com)
- New York, NY - Music Director Ludovic Morlot and President & CEO Simon Woods today announced an ambitious and wide-ranging 2015-2016 season, continuing the theme of innovation and exploration for which the Symphony has been celebrated for in recent years, and including a number of firsts for the Orchestra. (don411.com)
- In Morlot's fifth season as Music Director, the Orchestra will continue to explore diverse repertoire and engage with Seattle's creative community, while opening the season with the first-ever Seattle Symphony International Piano Competition in September and closing the season with the first-ever Asia Tour in June. (don411.com)
- At the third he produced a new Symphony (No. 2) in D minor , written expressly for this occasion, which is remarkable as the first on which the conductor's baton was used at a concert of the Philharmonic Society. (wikisource.org)
- By the late eighteenth century, British immigrants such as Alexander Reinagle, Rayner Taylor, and Benjamin Carr played prominent roles in shaping a vibrant concert life in burgeoning East Coast cities, and in the nineteenth century, the arrival of German musicians such as the Damrosch family helped spur the growth of a national network of symphony orchestras. (americancomposers.org)
- Harold en Italie (1834), Benvenuto Cellini (1838), the Grande Messe des morts (1837), the dramatic symphony Roméo et Juliette (1839), the Symphonie funèbre et triomphale (1840), and Les nuits d'été (1841). (hyperion-records.co.uk)
- Edmonton , AB … Your Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (ESO) and Music Director William Eddins have announced exciting details of the upcoming 2010-2011 performance season . (scena.org)
- So next season, if you haven't already, join us at our beautiful home, the Francis Winspear Centre for Music , for one or many symphony concerts that will truly nourish your soul. (scena.org)
- The upcoming line-up of Symphony Specials are sure to appeal to music lovers of all ages and genres. (scena.org)
- Designed for gamers and on-the-go music lovers , the Strap ™ Edge is a powerful, high-fidelity haptic experience in transportable form. (yankodesign.com)
- It remains a going concern, and if its current release schedule holds, music lovers will soon be repaid for their patience. (westword.com)
- In 1972 they recorded a series of songs with John Cale producing, including the seminal 'Roadrunner,' which were eventually released on the group's sole album, Modern Lovers, in 1975. (last.fm)
- This was followed up with a series of pop efforts (Rockin' and Romance, It's Time for Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers, and Modern Lovers 88 from 1985, 1986 and 1988 respectively). (last.fm)
- Last week I visited Kaustinen and attended the annual gathering of Finnish folk musicians, folk dancers, and folk music lovers. (kaustinen.net)
- It is to be the Civic Music Association of Green Bay, an organization fostered by a group of music lovers of the city. (bccivicmusic.org)
- You were singing with Beverly Sills before she became an "overnight sensation" as Handel's Cleopatra at the New York City Opera later in 1966 and no one knew yet that she could sing this kind of florid Baroque music. (wbur.org)
- Every one of the 10 tracks on offer was bang-zoom top-flight-"Go All the Way," "Tonight," "Ecstasy," and "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" to name just four. (ericcarmen.com)
- The highlights are many-"Nobody Knows," "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)," "Might as Well," "Starting Over," "Should I Wait," and "Come Around and See Me" spring to mind-but the whole program is a collective highlight and delight, which is probably more to the point. (ericcarmen.com)
- The hits are all here from "Go All The Way,""I Wanna Be With You," "Let's Pretend," and "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)," "Tonight," "Nobody Knows," plus several Beatles covers and the Who's "I Can't Explain. (ericcarmen.com)
- The exceptional orchestra launch the 2019 Usher Hall Series with one of the grandest and most gripping of symphonies. (eif.co.uk)
- Fans of multi-channel surround sound music have a new option following the official launch of Sony's spin on the 360 Reality Audio ecosystem it first demonstrated at CES 2019 last January. (hdguru.com)
- Fasulo said consumers today are changing the music-listening culture and showing a high level of interest in high-quality experiences with headphones and wireless speakers, adding that according to the Recording Industry of America music distribution services are on a clear trajectory for growth with market share increasing 18% in the first half of 2019 yielding $5.4 billion. (hdguru.com)
- This will be her first concerto appearance with a professional orchestra in a regular subscription concert. (mysanantonio.com)
- Avoiding the predictable European watering-holes, Maestro Barenboim and the Orchestra will spread the humanizing message of classical music to such places as Cuba, North Korea, Burma, Somalia, Afghanistan, and the tribal areas of Waziristan (State Department approval pending). (newyorker.com)
- Silver Stars Steel Orchestra presents their 24th Annual Parang & Steel series (3rd show) featuring performances by Silver Stars, Denyse Plummer, parang group Fuego Caribeno and more. (panonthenet.com)
- Silver Stars Steel Orchestra presents their 24th Annual Parang & Steel series (2nd show) featuring performances by Silver Stars, Myron B, parang group La Divina Pastora and more. (panonthenet.com)
- Silver Stars Steel Orchestra presents their 24th Annual Parang & Steel series (1st show) featuring performances by Silver Stars , Kenny J, parang group Los Dinamicos and more. (panonthenet.com)
- In 1812 Sphor visited Vienna, where his splendid violin-playing created a profound sensation, and he was induced to accept the appointment of leader of the orchestra at the Theater na der Wien. (wikisource.org)
- Edmonton's orchestra cooks up over 80 superb concerts for all palates, entertaining a wide array of audiences with classical and popular music, family and educational programs. (scena.org)
- Fresh from the 2010 Lilith Fair festival tour celebrating women in music, Juno Award-winning singer/songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk makes her debut with Edmonton's orchestra and conductor Lucas Waldin . (scena.org)
- Drawing upon the history of contemporary and traditional jazz, this piano, upright bass and drum trio re-images that repertoire as well as performs original music. (blueridgenow.com)
- Audio publication of regional pelimanni music repertoire and styles. (kaustinen.net)
- Our music is rooted in classical choral traditions, through a repertoire of many genres and languages. (harmony-sweepstakes.com)
Live in Conc3
- Mumbai: MTV, the brand that introduced India to music television andIndia's Leading Media and Entertainment Company- Wizcraft International have come together to present the first-ever Arijit Singh Live in Concert - The MTV India tour. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- On November 26, 2004, the stage at Cleveland's House of Blues was set for a reunion most thought could never happen-the Raspberries Live In Concert! (ericcarmen.com)
- His modest homie persona has prompted huge demand for Alejandro Aranda tickets as the fans can't wait to catch him live in concert. (excite.com)
- Transcendence Theatre Company (TTC) specializes in producing Broadway Concerts and Musicals in the open-air ruins of a historic winery in Jack London State Historic Park as well as in venues throughout Sonoma County. (wikipedia.org)
- Difficult to embed in a particular niche, their invented instruments meander around music, visual arts, theatre and media design. (hangar.org)
- The 2020 programme features nine live events encompassing music, theatre, dance, cabaret and family-friendly, selected by a curatorial group drawn from some of the country's leading directors and producers. (brightonfestival.org)
- On Thursday, April 26, Domingo will return to Boston in a concert at the Boch Center's Wang Theatre . (wbur.org)
- During the four days of my stay at the 2016 Kaustinen Folk Music Festival, I was fascinated by many conventions that continuously took place at the festival. (kaustinen.net)
- A photo taken at the Folk Shop of the 2016 Kaustinen Folk Music Festival. (kaustinen.net)
- During the December 4, 2016, competition, 18-year-old The X Factor is a British television music competition to find new singing talent. (istopover.cf)
- The thirteenth series began airing on ITV on Saturday 27 August 2016 and ended on Sunday 11 December 2016. (istopover.cf)
- A British talent reality series that finds new singing talent where aspiring singers drawn from public auditions compete in a series battle.Episode 4 - Auditions 49/4/2016. (istopover.cf)
- On the gloomy morning of 11th January 2016, media around the globe reported the death of David Bowie, one of the most original music stars in history. (culture.pl)
- Her third album, Dangerous Woman, was released in 2016 and explored pop and dance music. (allamericanspeakers.com)
- This creates the sensation of listening a live performance, with sound reflected from a venue's walls, ceilings and floor in addition to straight on from center stage. (hdguru.com)
- As strict social distancing guidelines have prevented groups from performing at concert venues, the live entertainment industry is completely on hold. (huffpost.com)
- Today, in a world of music on demand, personal playlists and competing concert venues, such scarcity seems the stuff of a distant century. (bccivicmusic.org)
- Inc., located in Rancho Dominguez, CA, is well known as a provider of dramatic theater backdrops used in major rock concerts, top fashion shows and other artistic staged venues − as well as pipe and drape systems at trade shows and special events. (pr.com)
- KC Live offers a free concert, and other venues have tickets from $5 to $125. (kansascity.com)
- Yung Lean can't help but put two prominent sensations associated with teen-agers on display: angst and the joy of discovery. (newyorker.com)
- In the composition of concert music, though, it was in the twentieth century when succeeding waves of immigrants fused with a growing native-born pool of composers to turn the United States into a prominent musical force. (americancomposers.org)
- With the Velvet Underground in the late Sixties, Reed fused street-level urgency with elements of European avant-garde music, marrying beauty and noise, while bringing a whole new lyrical honesty to rock & roll poetry. (yahoo.com)
- In 1924, as a pupil of Josef Suk and J.B. Foerster, Burian founded the 'Přítomnost' (Presence) Society, propagating not only the music of the Second Viennese School and the French avant-garde, but also the symphonic jazz of Paul Whiteman. (challengerecords.com)
- New presenting duo Caroline Flack and Olly Murs host as the search for a potential music star with an amazing voice and that extra special Force Factor GainZzz Boost Muscle While Sleeping. (istopover.cf)
- In the typical live entertainment business model, concert promoters like Live Nation and AEG bank on touring schedules and ticket sales. (huffpost.com)
- it also engaged people in recalling/realizing how this pioneering band and its music have inspired promoters of Finnish folk revival during the 1970s. (kaustinen.net)
- It's just common sense that there should be a balance," said Zack Friendly, co-founder of music festival All Things Go. (thehoya.com)
- She was enrolled in the Aspen Music Festival and School, studying with Paul Kantor, and the New School's New York String Seminar, directed by Jaime Laredo. (mysanantonio.com)
- Victoria Bond's Cutting Edge Concerts New Music Festival, Gramercy Opera, and Quog Music Theater, Inc., honor the late composer Eric Salzman with the world premiere staged production of his last major work and his only true opera, Big Jim & the Small-Time Investors . (icareifyoulisten.com)
- On Tuesday April 10th, the 20th MATA Festival mainstage kicks off with Out of Bounds, featuring the East Coast debut of Mexico's only independent new music ensemble, Liminar. (icareifyoulisten.com)
- One of my goals in covering the Savannah Music Festival, an annual event that's fast gaining national attention, is to rank the classical music concerts that I saw. (artsjournal.com)
- The series usually improves as the festival continues. (artsjournal.com)
- Music writer Laura McInnes took to the streets during the Auckland Pride Festival to create this fascinating look at the gay music scene. (issuu.com)
- Among the many concerts of the TD James Moody Jazz Festival (Nov. 4-12) are a pair of intriguing double-bills that challenge the perceptions of jazz. (suzeebehindthescenes.com)
- "Ella and Dizzy: The Centennial Celebration" (Nov. 12), part of the TD James Moody Jazz Festival, commemorates the 100th birthdays of Ella Fitzgerald and Dizzy Gillespie with an exclusive concert by such artists as Gregory Porter , Regina Carter and Valerie Simpson , backed by bassist and NJPAC Jazz Advisor Christian McBride and his big band in Prudential Hall. (suzeebehindthescenes.com)
- There is also the Whittlesea Country Music Festival, the continuing Herring Island Summer Arts, and don't miss UnitingCare's Pancake Day at City Square! (onlymelbourne.com.au)
- The Grape Grazing Festival is extended this year to mark its 21st birthday, taking place over two weeks with an enormous menu of the best food, music and entertainment Victoria has to offer! (onlymelbourne.com.au)
- Two immensely powerful reflections on our existence, performed by a celebrated International Festival music partnership. (eif.co.uk)
- In addition, I also saw new development of the Finnish folk music scene through activities at the festival. (kaustinen.net)
- At the ISCM festival in the Italian Siena (1928), his jazzy Voiceband for chorus readers and instruments caused a sensation. (challengerecords.com)
- This special concert featuring John Zorn and three bands from the extended Masada family (Secret Chiefsb 3, Banquet of the Spirits, Zion80) will be an unforgettable evening of new Jewish music that runs the gamut of emotions, influences, and styles. (icareifyoulisten.com)
- But I have to say that of all the sensations and emotions I experienced while under the influence of those chemicals ( tasting sounds, hearing colors, closing your eyes only to see fantastic, geometrically impossible sculptures), never was there a loss of control or any entirely unpleasant episode. (strike-the-root.com)
- Yet they are conspicuously absent from the lineups of many popular music festivals. (thehoya.com)
- Some music festivals lack even a courtesy nod to gender parity. (thehoya.com)
- Female artists are undeniably popular, yet they continue to be underrepresented at music festivals. (thehoya.com)
- According to Live Nation's Q2 earnings report, 19 million tickets have been sold for 4,000 concerts and festivals in 2021. (huffpost.com)
- They're embarking on journey weekends, doing psychedelics in meditation circles, and taking the substances during art and music festivals to feel connected to a larger community and purpose. (yogajournal.com)
- They're the ones sending out music with a blue-and-pink bunny to Primavera, The Great Escape, and the Jazzahead festivals. (culture.pl)
- In the past couple of months, various big-league orchestras, opera houses, and concert halls have announced their 2010-11 seasons. (newyorker.com)
- In his representations of the cabarets, dance halls, café-concerts, celebrity culture, brothels, and circuses he revealed both the public and private sides of Montmartre culture. (artic.edu)
- Montmartre's dance halls, cabarets, café-concerts, brothels, and circuses created a racy, uncensored atmosphere that attracted working-class residents of the district, as well as thrill-seeking bourgeois patrons from central Paris and beyond. (artic.edu)
- Can the knowledge developed in the realm of contemporary electronic music be redeployed outside of concert halls within the pulsating fabric of the city? (hangar.org)
- Their current North American tour has sold more tickets faster than any other bands that have booked in the same stadiums, concert halls, and coliseums. (interviewmagazine.com)
- and who performs with all-female a capella group GraceNotes and Georgetown Cabaret, a rock and pop cover group, explained how gendered instruments contribute to the dearth of female instrumentalists in popular music. (thehoya.com)
- The second half, along with dates for the Cabaret series can be seen online at www.dcourier.com. (dcourier.com)
- I always loved country music and the Grand Ole Opry was a big part of our Saturday nights. (risenmagazine.com)
- October sees former Eagles guitarist Don Felder giving a high-energy rock concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, followed by Grammy Award winner and country music icon Travis Tritt at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1. (dcourier.com)
- Soon after, he returned to swooping madly around the musical landscape: country music with 1990's Jonathan Goes Country, and Spanish translations of his earlier work (as well as traditional Spanish songs) with 1993's Jonathan, Te Vas a Emocionar! (last.fm)
- The Judds were signed to a record deal that would catapult them into country music history as the most commercially successful duo of the 1980's with 25 singles, 14 number 1 songs, 8 CMA's, 5 Grammy Awards, and 20 million + records sold. (stitcher.com)
- For a deep dive into the soul of a country music icon, hit that download button and please, leave a review! (stitcher.com)
- When his "American Idol" and "X-Factor" dreams didn't work out, the backwards cap country music sensation took to Facebook and posted homemade videos singing cover songs of country hits. (mysanantonio.com)
- The native Texan's transformative experience has been a boon for country music. (kansascity.com)
- Trenton, New Jersey - the 1973 Robert M. Turner 3-manual, 76 rank and 4,418 pipe instrument is available for student practice time, recitals and concerts. (agohq.org)
- Instrumental ensemble Rose of the Compass will present music from the cultures represented by the cathedral's seven Chapels, while the Cathedral Choir will answer with pieces by immigrants who composed in America, sharing their culture and their art. (icareifyoulisten.com)
- The Binghamton University Percussion Ensemble Concert features performances by the Ensemble and the BU Steel Drum Band. (panonthenet.com)
- The chart-topping sisters, who have earned three GRAMMY Awards, two American Music Awards, an NAACP Image Award, and a BET Award, will bring their extraordinary ensemble for an unforgettable and uplifting evening in the Bronx. (caribbeanlifenews.com)
- Singing sensation Arijit Singh gets ready to woo audiences in ten cities. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- We look forward to entertain audiences with the best of his music. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- We are now excited to be working with Wizcraft International and GiMA concerts to bring Arijit Singh's first mega national tour to entertain the audiences. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- Born in Marseille , [nb 1] the only child of Andrée (née Roggero) and flautist Joseph Rampal , Jean-Pierre Rampal became the first exponent of the solo flute in modern times to establish it on the international concert circuit, and to attract acclaim and large audiences comparable to those enjoyed by celebrity singers, pianists, and violinists. (wikipedia.org)
- He exuded a dashing, lightly articulated virtuosity that thrilled audiences in his heyday, and his natural vibrato varied according to the emotion of the music he played. (wikipedia.org)
- For the past three decades, Mr. Goebbels, 66, has been puzzling and invigorating audiences with works that aren't quite concert music, theater, installation or performance art. (armoryonpark.org)
- In this four-part series, former Metropolitan Opera violinist Erica Miner shares histories, backgrounds and quirks of the world's greatest opera stars. (bachtrack.com)
- like when you are clubbing, in a concert or even the last time you stuck your ears to those huge speakers for the sheer joy of feeling the sound reverberate through your body! (yankodesign.com)
- On Sunday, she returns to town, this time to inaugurate a vocal recital series at the Modell-Lyric that features stellar opera artists. (baltimoresun.com)
- The group entered pop music at a time when rap music was believed to be a fad and record companies were reluctant to sign rap artists. (thrillcall.com)
- tions of Tone as a Physiological Basis for the Theory of Music following its English translation in 1875, music was commonly understood by the Victorians as sound waves propagating through space in a time-dependent manner. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The White House also weighed in for the first time, with a spokesman saying President Barack Obama saw Jackson as a spectacular performer and music icon whose life nonetheless had sad and tragic aspects. (enterprisenews.com)
- While serving as court musicians/crepe chefs at the court of Charles VII in the 13th century (they were not allowed to serve as the Royal Plumbers, since plumbing was at that time considered to be a form of witchcraft) the Plumbers of Rome invented a device to hurl food and concert T-shirts into the starving peasant section of the King's Concert Hall. (harmony-sweepstakes.com)
- At that time, he saw a concert by Otomo Yoshihide, Sachiko M, Axel Dörner, and Taku Unami in Seoul. (squidco.com)
- For example, when I operate hydraulic equipment that has a series of levers, I can operate one lever at a time perfectly. (autism.com)
- At a concert I am unable to clap in time with the music with the rest of the people. (autism.com)
- In fact, Trio is an inadequate appellation for what most of the time sounds like a group of ecstatic visionaries expanding the range of contemporary music and creating new uses for sound. (jazzhouse.org)
- Had these albums been released by three white boys from New York, the course of modern music could well have been catapulted into different time zones and ridden a different wave onto the beachhead that is contemporary music today. (jazzhouse.org)
- This course will consist of an investigation of the principal styles of European music from ancient Greece to the time of Bach and Handel. (edu.lb)
- In his portrayal of a time-traveling pied piper, he wins the fate of humanity in a dramatic card game, aided of course, by the power of music. (listverse.com)
- Here are the most unexpected concert turnouts of all-time. (idolator.com)
- At a time when we are social distancing, discover what's happening in music from across the world as we keep you connected with our artists. (gigsinscotland.com)
- However, his remarkable career in music-which was to span more than half a century-began without the full encouragement of his parents. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, the Mestarisoitto concerts remained a remarkable highlight, in which those who enjoy the traditional expression of pelimanni playing witnessed the humble interpretation and life-long enthusiasm of the elder generation. (kaustinen.net)
- Coming into spotlight after winning the American Idol Season 7 , Alejandro is on a roll to produce remarkable music. (excite.com)
- Because of ongoing construction work in the Orchestra's soon-to-be-beautifully-refurbished auditorium, the ConAgra Jiffy Pop™ Concert Hall , the press conference was held in the Food Court of Penn Station. (newyorker.com)
- Lou Reed, a massively influential songwriter and guitarist who helped shape nearly fifty years of rock music, died today on Long Island. (yahoo.com)
- In the past ten years I have fortunately had many great opportunities to learn to play Finnish folk music and conduct ethnographic research on pelimanni music as an ethnomusicologist. (kaustinen.net)
- Two years ago, the prototype of a single microphone that does multi-track recordings was introduced to the public, and caused an international Internet sensation. (culture.pl)
- In looking back to the earliest years of the twentieth century, Americans now take special pride in the music of Charles Ives, with its gloriously idiosyncratic experimentations. (americancomposers.org)
- These years of travel produced much less music, but in 1854 the success of L'enfance du Christ encouraged him to embark on a project long resisted: the composition of an epic opera on the Aeneid which would assuage a lifelong passion and pay homage to two great idols, Virgil and Shakespeare. (hyperion-records.co.uk)
- Prior to working on household names like Batman , X-Men , and JLA , Morrison spent six years at the helm of his own series, The Invisibles . (listverse.com)
- But this style of music - which would remain a standard genre for years - was making room for a new sound and a new kind of music. (pophistorydig.com)
- Mintz was the owner of the Record Rendezvous, one of Cleveland's largest record stores, and he had noticed young white kids buying what had been considered exclusively black music a few years earlier. (pophistorydig.com)
- During the practical part participants will be invited to conduct a series of experiments outside the premises of Hangar, using simple impulse response and echolocation techniques to probe, navigate and explore the acoustic specificities of the site. (hangar.org)
- The concerts will feature classic Broadway tunes mixed with gospel and R&B. Akiko Fujimoto will conduct. (mysanantonio.com)
- Bill Eddins will conduct nearly 30 concert events. (scena.org)
- Less talked about however is the shockingly persistent gender gap in the music industry, with award shows and critics often overlooking female musicians, composers, and producers. (thehoya.com)
- One factor for this gender disparity in the music industry may be that female musicians are often discouraged from pursuing traditionally male instruments that are the backbone of popular music. (thehoya.com)
- Throughout 1922 the company produced a series of "modernized" adaptations of fairy tales including Little Red Riding Hood , The Four Musicians of Bremen , Jack and the Beanstalk , Jack the Giant Killer , Goldielocks and the Three Bears , Puss in Boots , Cinderella and Tommy Tucker's Tooth , the latter being mostly a live-action film about dental hygiene. (wikipedia.org)
- the younger generation from Finland and beyond showed their talent, expressing the ways in which they made sense of the world by folk music, while senior musicians showed how they transcended their achievement. (kaustinen.net)
- In addition, concerts such as the Kis älli kohtaa mestarin I: Gondoli-Tero Hissun kissun performed by Tero Pajunen and Hilja Grönfors showed how younger musicians could benefit from the teaching and sharing of senior maestri. (kaustinen.net)
- I was also moved by the collective involvement of musicians of different ages and with different backgrounds in the Jamiworkshop s, sensing again the participants' strong motivation and shared enjoyment of playing music together, regardless of skill set or age difference. (kaustinen.net)
- It was "civic music," an important grassroots cultural and commercial movement of smalltown America in the 1920s, and its melodies and business model still echo in places including Green Bay, Fond du Lac and Sturgeon Bay. (bccivicmusic.org)
- In America during the early 1950s, the music being broadcast on the radio was beginning to change - but not everywhere. (pophistorydig.com)
- music that was played largely in the black community but rarely in white America. (pophistorydig.com)
- Bernard Leonstein , the Orchestra's longtime Music Director, was also in attendance. (newyorker.com)
- According to his longtime music director Eugene Kohn, he has chosen an "accessible" program that includes "tuneful opera selections," operetta, Broadway, Zarzuela and Latin favorites - "Something for everyone! (wbur.org)
- This year, the venue unveils a new Presidential Speaker series, more family friendly performers and a lineup ranging from "balletic grace to ribald comedy," according to a news release from the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. (dcourier.com)
- it is merely a "set of coded instructions" to the performers for bringing music (that which is absent) into existence (presence). (thefreelibrary.com)
- Fairfield Amphitheatre presents a series of concerts preformed by some of Melbourne's renowned World Music artists and performers. (onlymelbourne.com.au)
- Crowell will perform a portion of his highly literate catalog during his appearance as part of Bill Shapiro's Cyprus Avenue Live series at the Folly Theater. (kansascity.com)
- This album features the Trio's performance at the historical 1980 concert in West Berlin. (jazzhouse.org)
- Be it introducing India to music television to creating the biggest ever music format shows such as MTV Unplugged, Coke [email protected] , MTV Spoken Word and many more. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- Speaking about the concert tour, Ferzad Palia, Head - Youth, Music and English Entertainment, Viacom18 said, "MTV has always been the vanguard for anything related to the growth of good music in India. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- "Crosscurrents": Zakir Hussain & Dave Holland (Nov. 5) melds the music of India with the energy of jazz. (suzeebehindthescenes.com)
- The Strap Edge is a portable and easy-to-use solution for your everyday needs that will help you feel the music wherever you are, making you dance with joy as the music courses within you. (yankodesign.com)
- It is also available online at Radio Disney, along with her song 'U B U.' She has been featured on the Shake It Up:LIve 2 Dance soundtrack for the TV series Shake It Up, performing the song 'Don't Push Me', a feisty danced themed song, and 'Whodunit' an upbeat dance song featuring Adam Hicks. (appbrain.com)
- The work that Cloud Gate will perform as part of the UCSB Arts & Lectures Dance series at the Granada on Tuesday, February 2, is called Rice , and it does use the vocalizing of opera great Maria Callas, alongside traditional Taiwanese folk songs in the indigenous Hakka language. (independent.com)
- In addition, throughout the week I saw so many energetic pelimanni bands and folk dance troupes from various regions across Finland, whose engagement showed a solid foundation on which Finnish folk music has thrived. (kaustinen.net)
- Furthermore, a series of grand concerts performed by kids/celebrated by parents and young audience showed the high degree to which the interest in Finnish folk music and dance has been grounded in younger generation. (kaustinen.net)
- I was thrilled again while witnessing younger and elder generations dance together and enjoying learning the steps of katrilli in the Y ökatrilli concert. (kaustinen.net)
- Rather than seeming like inferior reproductions, however, Parallels' songs contain just enough modern flourishes to attract fans of both the source material and of contemporary electronic dance music. (kansascity.com)
- The advent of American jazz and dance music in Europe was a gift from the gods for young composers hungry to find new paths and means of expression. (challengerecords.com)
- Even though the word jazz meant little more than syncopated march and dance music based on ragtime, there was no stopping the rage. (challengerecords.com)
- 1950s dance-concert scene with Alan Freed (far right) as DJ & emcee. (pophistorydig.com)
- Influenced by the works of Nine Inch Nails, John Martyn and Dead Can Dance, he was completely taken over by the power of music. (excite.com)
- The app-to-video maker's early days were tough, but eventually grew faster as the Baby Shark video became a sensation, Chief Financial Officer Seungkyu Lee said in a January interview. (iol.co.za)
- The duo partnered with The Red Cross for the music video of their current single, "Survive," to raise awareness among their fan base about the disaster relief efforts occurring across the nation. (caribbeanlifenews.com)
- What was the best part of shooting the music video? (variety.com)
- But that was seven months ago, before A$AP Rocky joined Rihanna for a performance at MTV 's Video Music Awards and released an unprintably titled single with Drake and 2 Chainz. (baltimoresun.com)
- In Yung Lean's best music video, for the song " Yoshi City ," he sits on the hood of a Smart Car with open scissor doors, repeating either, "I'm a lonely clown with my windows down," or, "I'm on my lonely cloud with my windows down," trying to suppress a smile. (newyorker.com)
- In mid-December websites were reporting on a video from a Dior fashion show in Japan, which was accompanied by the music of the Silesian artist. (culture.pl)
- Following her debut performance just days ago at MTV's Video Music Awards, Ariana Grande will release her first full-length album, Yours Truly, on Sep. (allamericanspeakers.com)
- People, Places, Animals is a major survey of work by acclaimed British artist , whose real-life photos of his family became a notorious part of the 1997 Saatchi exhibition Sensation . (onlymelbourne.com.au)
- Our modern, edgy music - including original mash-up arrangements, shared lead vocals, and rotating vocal percussion - brings a new energy to the Bay Area a cappella scene. (harmony-sweepstakes.com)
- Instead, the ad by the local Brunswick Records store ("Panatropes and Radiolas," too) rode the pre-concert hullabaloo by encouraging members to stop for a free, recorded preview of Miss Mason's vocal stylings, and perhaps even purchase a disk for posterity. (bccivicmusic.org)
- The talent show returns for its 12th series with Radio One DJ Nick Grimshaw and singer-songwriter Rita Ora joining Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole on the judging panel. (istopover.cf)
- YCPAC embraces the holiday season with a must-see trifecta: Handel's 'Messiah' followed by Aussie singing sensations The Ten Tenors, who will sing their critically acclaimed 'Home for the Holidays' show," according to the news release. (dcourier.com)
- Then again, Lamar's job on Friday was easy: a minute or two of music, essentially, at the end of a week in which the release of his album dominated music news. (baltimoresun.com)
- They're both making big news with their new music. (allamericanspeakers.com)
- Be sure not to miss our Sole Rendition series, in which you can thrill to the experience of hearing an ad-hoc, pointless new concerto receive its absolutely first and last performance. (newyorker.com)
- Unfinished Masterpieces" is a Sound Quality Series performance and is part of Furman's Cultural Life Program. (blueridgenow.com)
- He curates the nomadic performance program "No Patent Pending" and co-curated the Wonderwerp series at Studio Loos in the 2014/2015 season. (hangar.org)
- There's something for everyone at Hobgoblin-peruse our antique instrument museum, visit our workshop and watch Stoney End folk harps being made, enjoy a live performance in our music loft, host an event! (redwing.org)
- Filling in the blanks: music and performance in Dante Gabriel Rossetti. (thefreelibrary.com)
- I argue that Rossetti utilizes music, one of the most performance-oriented of all art forms, as a vehicle for positing his aesthetic theories about temporality and the interactive relationship between artist and viewer. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The Victorians themselves recognized the importance of the performative act: William Pole's treatise The Philosophy of Music (1895) characterizes music as a "mass of useless hieroglyphics until he [the composer] can get them interpreted and made known by the process we call performance. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Though she had only half-an-hour to prepare, her performance drew raves from critics and set the stage for her barnstorming solo showcase at the South by Southwest Music Conference later that month. (vevo.com)
- An educational, historical, cultural and artistic masterpiece that showcases one of the most vibrant live music performance movements in the United States today. (panonthenet.com)
- This incredibly noisy quartet builds every concert like a performance, dragging the audience into a common experience. (culture.pl)
- I found his performance, which I saw via the Live in HD series, deeply moving and his singing astonishing, giving the highest notes of his baritone range a tenor ring. (wbur.org)
- Unlike other multi-channel music platforms of the past, the new 360 Reality Audio (360RA) experience won't require the purchase of any special devices to enjoy the benefits of music that completely surrounds the listener wearing headphones as it does in a live performance. (hdguru.com)
- Nationals outfielder Gerardo Parra began using it as his walk-up music, leading to crowd singalongs with shark-jaw gestures, scenes that echoed across TVs as the team broke out of an early season slump. (iol.co.za)
- 1) The pictures are filled with bizarre instruments and odd scenes of music-making, while the verses are replete with musical terminology, titles, and allusions. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The music can be approached as one extended composition, or as a series of scenes, although it may seem odd to speak of scenes in a work where hearing and sound prevail. (jazzhouse.org)
- BET chronicled his musical career in 2010 in a widely popular, 10-part docu-series titled, "Trey Songz: My Moment," which gave fans insight into his headlining music tour and the development of his fourth studio album. (insideuniversal.net)
- music that was not widely played on mainstream radio. (pophistorydig.com)
- A few hours later, Yung Lean would play a concert in the space upstairs. (newyorker.com)
- I don't remember what music was playing upstairs on the stereo as we talked, smoked cigarettes, and cracked up laughing by the cash register, but at some point I do remember we played Zinc with Eddie Jobson. (strike-the-root.com)
- Pop mogul Beyoncé's "The Formation World Tour" concert series was attended by over 2 million fans. (thehoya.com)
- The concert will culminate with a world premiere by Robert Sirota, on a libretto by the Reverend Canon Victoria Sirota, celebrating New York's identity as a melting pot of humanity. (icareifyoulisten.com)
- Shares of Samsung Publishing soared 89% the week the World Series began as local media reported on the song's surging popularity among U.S. baseball fans. (iol.co.za)
- He is known for his wide-eyed, unaffected and childlike outlook, and music that, while rooted in rock and roll, often draws on influences from around the world. (last.fm)
- As stores reported they were inundated with orders for Jackson's music, a chorus of grief for the megastar spread around the world, from statesmen to icons of music to legions of heartbroken fans. (enterprisenews.com)
- Unforgettable orchestral classics and 400,000 fireworks launched from Edinburgh's iconic Castle make this one of the biggest fireworks concerts in the world. (eif.co.uk)
- While this country boy was hoping to become Johnny Bench and play in the big leagues, little did he know that his dreams of playing in a sold-out stadium in front of cheering fans wouldn't be for games, but rather for concerts. (risenmagazine.com)
- Since most of the members of my family could play music by ear, I just thought I wasn't given that gift. (risenmagazine.com)
- Bieber's latest "concert film" flopped hard, making only $3.1 million this weekend, and the songs from his next album that he released online have been panned by critics, ignored by the media, and received next to no radio play. (fark.com)
- That is, in a certain sense, a hand with which we play on the soul, but a hand that was not originally designed for that purpose-that is, did not originate out of the necessity of our discovering music, but out of entirely different necessities. (wikisource.org)
- He was about to play an in-store concert at VFiles, an Internet-centric fashion retailer in SoHo. (newyorker.com)
- A fiercely beautiful historical pageant of music, movement and shadow play. (armoryonpark.org)
- Madonna's "Lucky Star," the Thompson Twins' "Lies" and Shannon's "Let the Music Play" are obvious reference points for Parallels' throwback sensibility. (kansascity.com)
- In addition to using regular headphones to hear 360-degree music, Amazon announced last month that its new Echo Studio home-based smart speaker, with multi-directional drivers and woofer, will play specially produced 360 Reality Audio content streamed from the Amazon HD and 3D music service. (hdguru.com)
- These 98 selections taken from 11 sessions include nine tracks from a previously unreleased 1976 concert with his trio, plus as a special bonus, the box winds down with Evans' appearance on Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz radio program! (booboorecords.com)
- The other day I attended a jazz concert. (amherstbulletin.com)
- Live concerts and experimental spectacles are a major part of Paristetris' activities, which mash together a mixed bag of genres, from rock and pop to jazz and classical, with each band member bringing something different to the table. (culture.pl)
- All this intermingling has produced entirely new genres of music, from jazz to Asian hip-hop. (americancomposers.org)
- What we have in the Ganelin Trio is not a free jazz hybrid: it is highly structured, new music. (jazzhouse.org)
- Paying homage to a composer that was one of the first to break down barriers between rock, jazz, and classical music, the ESO and Bill Eddins present music of the legendary Frank Zappa in Don't Eat the Yellow Snow . (scena.org)
- Wallows, the alt-rock trio fronted by "13 Reasons Why" star Dylan Minnette, wrapped the first leg of their biggest tour yet in Providence, Rhode Island, on March 2, before the coronavirus pandemic halted the live music industry. (huffpost.com)
- Throwing that mix in with the Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet, a lot of the Southern rock-n-roll, and Charlie Daniels, it was really a melting pot of a lot of different styles of music. (risenmagazine.com)
- As a child, she had a taste for classic and alternative rock, and her parents encouraged her to pursue her love of music. (vevo.com)
- An Appointment with Mr. Yeats finds the Celtic rock band returning to the 1980s sound they dubbed "the big music. (csmonitor.com)
- This was the music that would soon be known as "rock 'n roll" - a name that Freed would later be credited with advancing, if not inventing. (pophistorydig.com)
- Moondog" Alan Freed in 1951 at Cleveland radio station WJW where he called the new music he played, "rock 'n roll. (pophistorydig.com)
- Freed began his program of R&B music in July 1951 and he would later start calling it "rock 'n roll" music. (pophistorydig.com)
- In fact, Alan Freed would be credited as one of the early prime movers of "rock 'n roll" music and the early rock concert business. (pophistorydig.com)
- While the name might make one think that this is going to be some kind of campy horror-punk band, the band is actually some kind of danceable electro-rock music, at least in my opinion. (mvremix.com)
- He was 50 when he died on June 25, 2009, while he was in the Los Angeles area practising for a planned series of concerts in London entitled This Is It. (straitstimes.com)
- Mali Music, an inspirational crooner from Los Angeles who merges gospel and hip-hop, opens the show. (kansascity.com)
- The tour will start in June and continue until November with concerts in all the major cities including Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles and New York. (excite.com)
- Lowery Grand Marquee EX 5000 series for sale. (agohq.org)
- Tayeb was well known in her home town for her local performances and became a contestant on Kokhav Nolad, an Israeli music competition show similar to American Idol, in 2003. (vevo.com)
- As that album's cycle wound down, Grande guest-starred on Ryan Murphy's campy slasher series Scream Queens and she also recorded another holiday EP, Christmas & Chill. (gigsinscotland.com)
- In 2012, she performed at the 2012 NAACP Awards Nominees Luncheon, and has concerts scheduled throughout the year. (appbrain.com)
- Preston Chaunsumlit , the thirty-four-year-old star of a popular YouTube series produced by VFiles, explained, "I'm from a generation where you see a rapper who's a dinky little white kid and it's ironic, but for this generation it's not like that. (newyorker.com)
- One such survivor is the Brown County Civic Music Association, which celebrates its 80th anniversary this year. (bccivicmusic.org)
- Berlioz's fascination with Faust began in 1828-the same year as his crucial encounter with the music of Beethoven-when he read Gérard de Nerval's translation of the first part of Goethe's drama. (hyperion-records.co.uk)
- This two-year appointment, which began at the start of the 2009-2010 season, is funded in part by the Canada Council for the Arts and supports the ESO's vision and focus on music education at all levels. (scena.org)
- In advance of the album release, Williams will be participating in GMA week activities, April 9 -13, including a whirl-wind schedule of radio and media interviews and concluding the week as the Female Artist of the Year nominee at the 36th Annual GMA Music Awards on April 13. (jesusfreakhideout.com)
- Last year, international singing sensation Charice won the Favorite Asian Act award for the country. (starmometer.com)
- In a tour-de-force of keyboard literature, Lee offered a sampling of five centuries of keyboard music, ranging from the Baroque Troisieme Ordre in C of Couperin to an electronic, post-twentieth century composition of Tom Flaherty. (kspc.org)
- With Choi Joonyong, he founded the first Korean noise music group Astronoise in 1997 and experimental music records label Balloon and Needle in 2000. (squidco.com)
- Encore Chorale Encore Chorale, a program for older adults, will present a concert Saturday, May 12, at 3 p.m. at the Anne Arundel Community College Pascal Center for Performing Arts. (baltimoresun.com)
- The theoretical part will start from introducing these questions and will present a selection of examples crossing the fields of music, visual arts, architecture and media technology. (hangar.org)
- On Saturday, October 1, 2011 TTC produced, Broadway Under the Stars a benefit concert for the Valley of the Moon Natural History Association, a 501c3 non-profit organization which takes care of Jack London, Annadel and Sugarloaf Ridge State Parks. (wikipedia.org)
- As in-person music events are canceled and refunds offered, the mega live entertainment companies are struggling to maintain revenue and implementing cost-saving measures, including salary reductions for senior executives. (huffpost.com)
- This workshop comes out of the research project Cartographies of Human Sensation, which is inspired by the body's ability to act as a filter, singling out and amplifying events in a sea of impressions. (hangar.org)
- From celebrated music performances and art exhibits, to intriguing speakers and weekly events downtown, there is always something fresh and inspiring happening at DePauw. (depauw.edu)
- It will focus on a panoramic view of the main events, composers, genres, forms, schools, language and problems of music during those periods. (edu.lb)
- The normal fare of the day was mostly a mixture of Big Band music, old standards, Frank Sinatra-style crooners, a few pop tunes, and some novelty songs. (pophistorydig.com)
- Your grandfather was a Pentecostal preacher and you grew up with bluegrass and gospel music around you. (risenmagazine.com)
- The story of the music that came out of these many 'blends' is fascinating and has yet to be recounted from the perspective of immigration history. (americancomposers.org)
- While Rossetti's interest might be attributed to the Victorian mania for collecting and exhibiting musical artifacts--what Christopher Small terms the "presumed autonomous 'thingness'" of music (2)--his blatant disregard for historical accuracy in his visual depictions and poetic descriptions belies this explanation. (thefreelibrary.com)
- I got to see a variety of great concerts and other musical activities. (kaustinen.net)
- But it's a musical journey that Broadway star and soprano Capathia Jenkins (pictured) will travel in a pair of weekend concerts with the aid of the MLK Mass Choir. (mysanantonio.com)
- He changed his musical instrument and concentrated more and more on improvised music. (squidco.com)
- It was an imposing line-up, and it precipitated a series of major changes in American musical culture. (americancomposers.org)
- Rancho Dominguez, CA, June 04, 2010 --( PR.com )-- Glee, the hit TV musical series, is going live and its stars will appear on-stage in a three week, four-city tour. (pr.com)
- Ranking classical music concerts? (artsjournal.com)
- It sounds kinda silly, I know, but if the AP can rank college football teams and the New York Times can rank books, I figured why not rank classical music concerts in order of worst to best. (artsjournal.com)
- Why rank classical music concerts? (artsjournal.com)
- For another, classical music is often spared this kind of treatment, because (a) editors and reporters are too skittish about criticizing it and (b) classical music for too long has been considered too high-minded for this kind of thing. (artsjournal.com)
- The result is the impression that classical music isn't meaningful enough to argue about. (artsjournal.com)
- This is yet another international recognition for the Philippines' Pop Star Princess who won Favorite Asian Artist Philippines at the 2012 MNET Asian Music Awards. (starmometer.com)
- Sabbas Joseph, Director & Co-Founder Wizcraft International said "Wizcraft International has always endeavored to bring forth artists, and concepts that are unique and larger than life concerts witnessed never before. (indiaeducationdiary.in)
- Sony is also collaborating with Google to create a Chromecast platform for speaker manufacturers to easily develop 360RA experiences and with Fraunhofer to make 360RA compatible with MPEG-H 3D Audio as an international audio standard optimized for music streaming. (hdguru.com)
- Without this translation process on the part of the listener, there simply is no music. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Through the technology, music is no longer limited to left or right, but is moving above, below and all around the listener 360 degrees. (hdguru.com)
- But unlike earlier multi-channel music formats, 360 Reality Audio songs change the focus from high-resolution 2- or 5.1-channels to a more encompassing experience that surrounds the listener from all directions. (hdguru.com)