The distal terminations of axons which are specialized for the release of neurotransmitters. Also included are varicosities along the course of axons which have similar specializations and also release transmitters. Presynaptic terminals in both the central and peripheral nervous systems are included.
Various units or machines that operate in combination or in conjunction with a computer but are not physically part of it. Peripheral devices typically display computer data, store data from the computer and return the data to the computer on demand, prepare data for human use, or acquire data from a source and convert it to a form usable by a computer. (Computer Dictionary, 4th ed.)
Branch-like terminations of NERVE FIBERS, sensory or motor NEURONS. Endings of sensory neurons are the beginnings of afferent pathway to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. Endings of motor neurons are the terminals of axons at the muscle cells. Nerve endings which release neurotransmitters are called PRESYNAPTIC TERMINALS.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Terminal Repeat Sequences
Nucleotide sequences repeated on both the 5' and 3' ends of a sequence under consideration. For example, the hallmarks of a transposon are that it is flanked by inverted repeats on each end and the inverted repeats are flanked by direct repeats. The Delta element of Ty retrotransposons and LTRs (long terminal repeats) are examples of this concept.
Correspondence as Topic
Tongues of skin and subcutaneous tissue, sometimes including muscle, cut away from the underlying parts but often still attached at one end. They retain their own microvasculature which is also transferred to the new site. They are often used in plastic surgery for filling a defect in a neighboring region.
The voltage differences across a membrane. For cellular membranes they are computed by subtracting the voltage measured outside the membrane from the voltage measured inside the membrane. They result from differences of inside versus outside concentration of potassium, sodium, chloride, and other ions across cells' or ORGANELLES membranes. For excitable cells, the resting membrane potentials range between -30 and -100 millivolts. Physical, chemical, or electrical stimuli can make a membrane potential more negative (hyperpolarization), or less negative (depolarization).
Acquired and inherited conditions that feature DYSTONIA as a primary manifestation of disease. These disorders are generally divided into generalized dystonias (e.g., dystonia musculorum deformans) and focal dystonias (e.g., writer's cramp). They are also classified by patterns of inheritance and by age of onset.
Cartoons as Topic
Atlases as Topic
The vital life force in the body, supposedly able to be regulated by acupuncture. It corresponds roughly to the Greek pneuma, the Latin spiritus, and the ancient Indian prana. The concept of life-breath or vital energy was formulated as an indication of the awareness of man, originally directed externally toward nature or society but later turned inward to the self or life within. (From Comparison between Concepts of Life-Breath in East and West, 15th International Symposium on the Comparative History of Medicine - East and West, August 26-September 3, 1990, Shizuoka, Japan, pp. ix-x)
Specialized health care, supportive in nature, provided to a dying person. A holistic approach is often taken, providing patients and their families with legal, financial, emotional, or spiritual counseling in addition to meeting patients' immediate physical needs. Care may be provided in the home, in the hospital, in specialized facilities (HOSPICES), or in specially designated areas of long-term care facilities. The concept also includes bereavement care for the family. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Biological Science Disciplines
All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Directories as Topic
Measurement of fatigue in industries. (1/194)Fatigue of workers is a complex phenomenon resulting from various factors in technically innovated modern industries, and it appears as a feeling of exhaustion, lowering of physiological functions, breakdown of autonomic nervous balance, and decrease in work efficiency. On the other hand industrial fatigue is caused by excessive workload, remarkable alteration in working posture and diurnal and nocturnal rhythms in daily life. Working modes in modern industries have changed from work with the whole body into that with the hands, arms, legs and/or eyes which are parts of the body, and from physical work to mental work. Visual display terminal (VDT) work is one of the most characteristic jobs in the various kinds of workplaces. A large number of fatigue tests have already been adopted, but it is still hard to draw a generalized conclusion as to the method of selecting the most appropriate test battery for a given work load. As apparatus for fatigue measurement of VDT work we have developed VRT (Visual Reaction Test) and the Portable Fatigue Meter. Furthermore, we have presented immune parameters of peripheral blood and splenic T cells for physical fatigue. (+info)
Abnormal tear dynamics and symptoms of eyestrain in operators of visual display terminals. (2/194)OBJECTIVES: To clarify the relation between the prevalence of dry eye syndrome and subjective symptoms of asthenopia in visual display terminal (VDT) operators. METHOD: 722 VDT workers (242 subject workers with symptoms of asthenopia and 480 controls without such symptoms) without obvious organic ocular diseases received an ophthalmological examination consisting of refractometry and a tear function (phenol red thread) test. RESULTS: More than 30% of symptomatic workers were found to meet the criteria of dry eye, and the odds ratio compared with the controls was 4.61 (p < 0.001). This odds ratio was significantly greater than that obtained for refractive errors (2.31). CONCLUSIONS: Although this cross sectional study could not prove that dry eyes are the cause of asthenopia, the profound association of dry eyes with symptoms of asthenopia could be verified. It would be useful to carry out tear function tests in workers with symptoms of asthenopia. (+info)
Image quality degradation by light scattering in display devices. (3/194)Veiling glare and ambient light reflection can significantly degrade the quality of an image on a display device. Veiling glare is primarily associated with the diffuse spread of image signal caused by multiple light scattering in the emissive structure of the device. The glare ratio associated with a test image with a 1-cm-diameter black spot is reported as 555 for film, 89 for a monochrome monitor, and 25 for a color monitor. Diffuse light reflection results from ambient light entering the display surface and returning at random emission angles. The diffuse reflection coefficient (luminance/illuminance, 1/sr) is reported as 0.026 for film, 0.058 for a monochrome monitor, and 0.025 for a color monitor with an antireflective surface coating. Both processes increase the luminance in black regions and cause contrast reduction. Specular reflections interfere with detail in the displayed scene. The specular reflection coefficient (luminance/luminance) is reported as 0.011 for film, 0.041 for a monochrome monitor, and 0.021 for a color monitor with an antireflective coating. (+info)
Optimization of a contrast-detail-based method for electronic image display quality evaluation. (4/194)The authors previously reported a general technique based on contrast-detail methods to provide an overall quantitative evaluation of electronic image display quality. The figure-of-merit reflecting overall display quality is called maximum threshold contrast or MTC. In this work we have optimized the MTC technique through improvements in both the test images and the figure-of-merit computation. The test images were altered to match the average luminance with that observed for clinical computed radiographic images. The figure-of-merit calculation was altered to allow for contrast-detail data with slopes not equal to -1. Preliminary experiments also were conducted to demonstrate the response of the MTC measurements to increased noise in the displayed image. MTC measurements were obtained from five observers using the improved test images displayed with maximum monitor luminance settings of 30-, 50-, and 70-ft-Lamberts. Similar measurements were obtained from two observers using test images altered by the addition of a low level of image noise. The noise-free MTC and MTC difference measurements exhibited standard deviations of 0.77 and 1.55, respectively. This indicates good measurement precision, comparable or superior to that observed using the earlier MTC technique. No statistically significant image quality differences versus maximum monitor luminance were seen. The noise-added MTC measurements were greater than the noise-free values by an average of 4.08 pixel values, and this difference was statistically significant. This response is qualitatively correct, and is judged to indicate good sensitivity of the MTC measurement to increased noise levels. (+info)
Long-term effects on symptoms by reducing electric fields from visual display units. (5/194)OBJECTIVES: The purpose of the study was to see whether the results of an earlier study [ie, that skin symptoms were reduced by reducing electric fields from visual display units (VDU)] could be reproduced or not. In addition, an attempt was made to determine whether eye symptoms and symptoms from the nervous system could be reduced by reducing VDU electric fields. METHODS: The study was designed as a controlled double-blind intervention. The electric fields were reduced by using electric-conducting screen filters. Forty-two persons completed the study while working at their ordinary job, first 1 week with no filter, then 3 months with an inactive filter and then 3 months with an active filter (or in reverse order). The inactive filters were identical to the active ones, except that their ground cables were replaced by empty plastic insulation. The inactive filters did not reduce the fields from the VDU. The fields were significantly lower with active filters than with inactive filters. RESULTS: Most of the symptoms were statistically significantly less pronounced in the periods with the filters when compared with the period with no filter. This finding can be explained by visual effects and psychological effects. No statistically significant difference in symptom severeness was observed between the period with an inactive filter and the one with an active filter. CONCLUSIONS: The study does not support the hypothesis that skin, eye, or nervous system symptoms can be reduced by reducing VDU electric fields. (+info)
Office equipment and supplies: a modern occupational health concern? (6/194)The Helsinki Office Environment Study, a population-based cross-sectional study was carried out in Finland in 1991 among 2,678 workers in 41 randomly selected office buildings. The aim was to evaluate the relations between work with office equipment and supplies and the occurrence of eye, nasopharyngeal, skin, and general symptoms (often denoted as sick building syndrome (SBS)), chronic respiratory symptoms, and respiratory infections. Work with self-copying paper was significantly related to weekly work-related eye, nasopharyngeal, and skin symptoms, headache and lethargy, as well as to the occurrence of wheezing, cough, mucus production, sinusitis, and acute bronchitis. Photocopying was related to nasal irritation, and video display terminal work to eye symptoms, headache, and lethargy. (+info)
Active matrix liquid crystal displays for clinical imaging: comparison with cathode ray tube displays. (7/194)Fifteen large-area, flat-panel displays used for clinical image review were evaluated for image quality and compared with 30 comparably sized cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors. Measurements were of image display patterns by Video Electronic Standards Association (VESA) and a commercial product. Field measurements were made of: maximum and minimum luminance, ambient lighting, characteristic curve (gamma), point shape and size, high-contrast resolution, uniformity, and distortion. Assessments were made of pixel defects, latent image patterns, ghosting artifacts, and viewing angle luminance. Also, a questionnaire was generated for users of the flat-panel and CRT units. Seventeen respondents indicated no preference for either flat panel or CRT. Results show these flat panels to have higher luminance (mean, 177.7 cd/m2); larger number of just noticeable differences (JNDs; n = 555), higher gamma, comparable uniformity, and warm-up time. CRTs had less angle viewing dependence and far fewer artifacts (ghosting and latent images). Our questionnaire showed active matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCD) to be fully acceptable for clinical image viewing. Furthermore, the statistical results show that further testing for new AMLCDs of this type is unwarranted. (+info)
Contrast-detail characteristic evaluations of several display devices. (8/194)The contrast-detail characteristic of a display system is a powerful tool for evaluating displayed image quality. It takes into account the physical properties of the display, the psychophysical aspects of the observer, and the viewing conditions. It is a more sensitive measurement of the displayed image quality than a simple Society of Motion Picture and Television (SMPTE) pattern. Yet, it is relatively simple to measure and requires no special equipment or analysis tools. In this presentation, the results of the evaluation of several cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors and a digital projector will be presented. Contrast-detail characteristics of these display devices were measured under various gamma and display settings. The results show excellent intraobserver and interobserver variance (<1 step on the grayscale). Extraneous light, such as room lighting, affects the contrast threshold more severely at low background levels more than at high background. Gamma settings on graphics adapters affect the shapes of the contrast-detail curve for all display types. Gamma settings of approximately 2.0 result in a better contrast threshold for both high and low background brightness. The results show complex differences in contrast-detail characteristics for different display types. The digital projector display not only has significantly worse performance than CRT monitors, but also is affected more by extraneous light. High-brightness monitors with optimal monitor and graphics adapter settings have better performance than color or low-brightness monitors. However, under some settings, the performance of high-brightness monitors is not always better at all object sizes and background levels. (+info)
Advanced dry eye screening for visual display terminal workers using functional visual acuity measurement: The Moriguchi study<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Advanced dry eye screening for visual display terminal workers using functional visual acuity measurement. T2 - The Moriguchi study. AU - Kaido, Minako. AU - Kawashima, Motoko. AU - Yokoi, Norihiko. AU - Fukui, Masaki. AU - Ichihashi, Yoshiyuki. AU - Kato, Hiroaki. AU - Yamatsuji, Motoko. AU - Nishida, Mitsuko. AU - Fukagawa, Kazumi. AU - Kinoshita, Shigeru. AU - Tsubota, Kazuo. PY - 2015/11. Y1 - 2015/11. N2 - Purpose To evaluate the validity of a dry eye (DE) screening method in visual display terminal (VDT) workers using functional visual acuity (VA) measurement combined with a symptoms questionnaire, and to make recommendations regarding practical use of the screening. Methods This prospective cross-sectional study included 369 young and middle-age office workers, who use VDTs. Subjects completed two types of DE questionnaires and underwent DE testing and functional VA measurement. Subjects were assigned to DE and non-DE groups. Sensitivity and specificity of the DE ...
TRANSFORMER AND FLAT PANEL DISPLAY DEVICE INCLUDING THE SAME - Patent application
There are provided a thin transformer capable of being used in a thin display device such as a liquid crystal display (LCD) device, a light emitting diode (LED) device, and a flat panel display device including the thin transformer. The transformer includes a bobbin part including inner and outer bobbins each including a pipe shaped body part having a though-hole formed in an inner portion thereof and a flange part protruding outwardly from both ends of the body part; coils respectively wound around the inner and outer bobbins; and a core electromagnetically coupled to the coils to thereby form a magnetic path, wherein the outer bobbin includes a support part formed at the flange part formed at an upper end of the body part of the outer bobbin so as to cover a portion of the through-hole, and the inner bobbin is coupled to the outer bobbin while having one end supported by the support part ...
Global Flat Panel Display(FPD) Market Report 2019 - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast - Market Study Report
The global market size of Flat Panel Display(FPD) is $XX million in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million by the end of 2024 with a CAGR of XX% from 2019 to 2024. Global Flat Panel Display(FPD) Market Report 20...
CN108054191B - Display panel and display device - Google Patents
The embodiment of the invention provides a display panel and a display device, relates to the technical field of display, and can solve the problems that the thickness of an OLED display device is large and flexible bending is not facilitated due to the fact that a circular polarizer is arranged in the existing OLED display device to block light reflection. The electroluminescence display unit group comprises a plurality of electroluminescence display units used for emitting light rays with different colors, a filter layer is further arranged on the light emitting side of the electroluminescence display units, the filter layer comprises a plurality of optical filters allowing the light rays with different colors to penetrate, and the colors of the light emitted by the electroluminescence display units are the same as the colors of the light rays allowed to penetrate through the optical filters arranged on the light emitting side of the electroluminescence display units.
Flat Panel Display
The Flat Panel Display fabrication environment is among the worlds most competitive and technologically complex. Contamination control in air, gas and liquid process streams is becoming ever more critical. The products resulting from our tireless pursuit of process purity can help you acheive the performance and advantage you need
Patent US5675212 - Spacer structures for use in flat panel displays and methods for forming same - Google Patents
The invention provides spacers for separating and supporting a faceplate structure and a backplate structure in a flat panel display, and methods for fabricating these spacers. Each spacer is typically made of ceramic, such as alumina, containing transition metal oxide, such as titania, chromia or iron oxide. Each spacer can be fabricated with an electrically insulating core and electrically resistive skins. The insulating core can be a wafer formed of ceramic such as alumina, and the resistive skins can be formed by laminating electrically resistive wafers, formed from alumina containing transition metal oxide, to the outside surfaces of the insulating core. Each spacer can also have a core of electrically insulating ceramic composition made of a ceramic containing a transition metal oxide in its higher oxide states, and electrically resistive outside surfaces made of a ceramic containing a transition metal oxide in lower oxide states. Face and/or edge metallization strips can optionally be provided on
Effects of ergonomic intervention in work with video display units
Both the intensive ergonomics approach and education in ergonomics help reduce discomfort in VDU work. In attempts to improve the physical ergonomics of VDU workstations, the best result will be achieved with cooperative planning in which both workers and practitioners are actively involved.
Many Workers Develop Debilitating Computer Vision Syndrome
Q: Among computer users, what work-related disorder is more common than carpal tunnel syndrome and other musculoskeletal disorders? A: Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS). Fifty percent to 90 percent of workers who use a video display terminal, or computer screen, have CVS symptoms, according to research cited by the American Optometric Association. A National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health study showed that 22 percent of video display terminal users have musculoskeletal disorders. CVS is a combination of eye and vision problems that develop when people focus for extended periods of time on computers, hand-held digital devices or video games that are close to their eyes-arms length or closer, according to Dr. Nate Bonilla-Warford, an optometrist in Tampa, Fla., who specializes in the treatment of CVS. Symptoms of CVS are eye strain and fatigue, dry eyes, headaches and neck and shoulder pain.. Our eyes function best when we are looking into the distance, when lighting is even and ...
Can a more neutral position of the forearm when operating a computer mouse reduce the pain level for visual display unit...
Brevet US4471350 - Display device using a discharge lamp - Google Brevets
Display device using a discharge lamp for displaying a series of message formed of characters, numerals or symbols by combining various kinds of discharge lamps which are different in shape and size. Inert gas is charged in a glass tube of the discharge lamp, one of the electrodes is provided within the glass tube and the other is provided outside of the glass tube. Pulse signal or AC signal generator is provided and serves to supply such signals to both electrodes. The various kinds of discharge lamps are combined and arranged on the surface plate of a display unit. A plurality of display units are combined and magnetically connected to a display panel. A plurality of electrically conductive segments mounted on the back portion of the display unit are electrically connected to a plurality of feeder plates. Additionally, there are provided in the display unit a boosting transformer for boosting pulse signals or AC signals to be supplied, a transistor, and power supply. Furthermore, the present device
CISDOC - Working posture and musculoskeletal problems of video display terminal operators - Review and reappraisal
ILO: International Labour Organization - The International Labour Organization is the UN specialized agency which seeks the promotion of social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights
View source for Touch Screen Calibration - ThinManager Knowledge Base
Category:Touch Screens]] [[Category:ThinManager]] ThinManager has three different ways to calibrate a touch screen, each of which will be touched upon by this article. ==From ThinManager== ThinManager has the ability to initiate a touch screen calibration from within ThinManager itself. To initiate a touch screen calibration: *Select the Terminal to be calibrated *Select: Tools > Calibrate Touch Screen The touchscreen calibration utility will appear on each touch screen assigned to the specific terminal. ==Long Touch Method== ThinManager Touch Screen Modules have a parameter to allow the calibration program to be initiated by a 10, 15, or 20 second touch to the touch screen. To configure the module: *Double click on the terminal in the ThinManager Tree. *Navigate to the Module Selection Page using the Next button *Highlight the touch screen module *Select the Configure button to launch the Module Properties window. ,center>[[File:TSC1.png,Calibration by Touch]],br>Calibration by ...
Indian Patents. 247708:BACK TO BACK REPLICA DISPLAY FACILITY USING LCD FLAT PANEL DISPLAY
Fig (4) illustrates the wiring of the two TFT LCDs together to get a replica image on the screen. The LCD1 is the master LCD (1) which is located on the front side of the screen as shown in Fig(3). The LCD2 is the slave LCD (2) which is located rear side of the screen as shown in Fig (3). The Colour signals RGB of each 6 bits which are outputted by the VGA Card from the Display driver sub systems of the computer are buffered by three corresponding high speed buffers U2 to U4 and connected to the LCD2. Similarly CLK, HSYNC, and VSYNC - these three vital signals are again buffered by high speed buffers U1 and connected to LCD2. The other signal of LCD1 which are buffered are - DENB (Data Enable Signal), R/L - Horizontal image Shift Direction select signal and U/D - Vertical Image shift - direction select signal ...
Development of Design, Test and Acquisition Criteria for Aircraft Dot-Matrix Flat Panel Display Systems
Research was conducted to determine the more important criteria that dot-matrix displays intended for use in aircraft cockpit environments should satisfy in order to be compatible with pilot visual perception and information cognition requirements. Techniques to process and display both rapidly time changing and moving numeric information are presented. The legibility performance of developmental programmable legend switch displays is described including the effect of and methods for masking the appearance of fingerprints. Information processing and display techniques for enhancing the appearance of dot-matrix imagery under both translation and rotation are introduced in association with the description as a result of testing developmental video and color dot-matrix displays are also provided. Inconsistencies encountered with existing military grey scale requirements and with the methods currently being developed to objectively describe colors were evaluated and described. No degradation in pilot
DIRECT DETECT SENSOR FOR FLAT PANEL DISPLAYS - Photon Dynamics, Inc.
Each sensor of a linear array of sensors includes, in part, a sensing electrode and an associated feedback circuit. The sensing electrodes are adapted to be brought in proximity to a flat panel having
Flat Panel Displays | DAIC
September 8, 2014 - Eizo Inc. expanded its U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k)-cleared large monitor system with the addition of the RadiForce LS580W monitor and LMM0802 large monitor.... ...
Logistic regression analysis differentiates high from low computer users by facial skin conditions in a population of Chinese...
In the past few decades, video display terminals (VDTs) and computer use have been associated with various skin symptoms in several published reports. In addition, internet beauty sites report that extended computer use leads to acne or accelerated facial aging. For example, the term
Patente US6266426 - Visual display means incorporating loudspeakers - Google Patentes
A visual display unit having a display screen, a housing in which the display screen is mounted, and a loudspeaker in the housing comprising a member capable of sustaining and propagating input vibrational energy by a plurality of resonant bending wave modes in an operative area, the frequencies of the resonant bending wave modes being interleaved so that resonant bending wave modes are evenly distributed. A transducer is mounted wholly and exclusively on the operative area of the member at a preferential location which substantially maximizes acoustic coupling to the resonant bending wave modes in the member, the resonant bending wave modes in turn producing an acoustic output.
Patent US5710097 - Process and materials for imagewise placement of uniform spacers in flat ... - Google Patents
Process and materials are described for selectively placing uniform spacers on a receptor. Spacer elements are placed on a receptor by selectively irradiating a thermal transfer donor sheet comprising a transferable spacer layer. The transferable spacer layer may include particles or fibers to form a composite. The particles may have a spacing dimension either greater than or less than the thickness of the transferable layer. When the spacing dimension of the particle is greater than the thickness of the transferable layer, then the spacing dimension of the particles control the spacing distance. The process and materials are useful in the manufacture of flat panel displays, particularly, liquid crystal display devices.
GlazedHoneyBuns 001.000 Fonts Free Download - OnlineWebFonts.COM
License ====================================End User License Agreement (EULA)====================================By downloading and/or installing Virus Fonts software you agree to the following terms: 1. The Virus Font Software is licensed for use at one (1) location with a maximum of five (5) devices. For example: five (4) CPUs and one (1) printer. 2. Use of the Virus Font Software at more than one (1) location or with more than six (5) devices requires a Multi-Device Site License upgrade. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. A device may be, but is not limited to, a printer, rasterizer, video display terminal, CPU, workstation or any device where the font software is rasterized or display of the Virus Font is generated from font software outlines using Adobe Type Manager or similar software. For example, a display terminal shall be considered a device if the Virus Font outline is embedded or otherwise included for ...
Blades GF Free FontForge 1.0 Fonts Free Download - OnlineWebFonts.COM
License ====================================End User License Agreement (EULA)====================================By downloading and/or installing Virus Fonts software you agree to the following terms: 1. The Virus Font Software is licensed for use at one (1) location with a maximum of five (5) devices. For example: five (4) CPUs and one (1) printer. 2. Use of the Virus Font Software at more than one (1) location or with more than six (5) devices requires a Multi-Device Site License upgrade. To determine the number of devices, add up all CPUs, workstations, printers, and other devices that use the fonts. A device may be, but is not limited to, a printer, rasterizer, video display terminal, CPU, workstation or any device where the font software is rasterized or display of the Virus Font is generated from font software outlines using Adobe Type Manager or similar software. For example, a display terminal shall be considered a device if the Virus Font outline is embedded or otherwise included for ...
data entry work | Data Entry | Data Mining | Data Processing | Excel | Word
Excel & Data Entry Projects for $15 - $25. need to create an excel spreadsheet of all data on http://www.homelegance.com Spreadsheet will include: total of 768 products/entries -ALL pictures of each furniture -dimensions -product informati...
Logistic regression analysis differentiates high from low computer users by facial skin conditions in a population of Chinese...
In the past few decades, video display terminals (VDTs) and computer use have been associated with various skin symptoms in several published reports. In addition, internet beauty sites report that...
Wide Touch Screen Price, China Wide Touch Screen Price Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Wide Touch Screen Price - Select 2018 high quality Wide Touch Screen Price products in best price from certified Chinese Touch Screen Display manufacturers, Touch Screen Lcd suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
CN102818133A - Lamp for preventing eyestrain - Google Patents
The invention relates to a lamp for preventing eyestrain and belongs to the field of eye protection lamp development. The lamp with light which is soft and close to natural light is developed by an inventor by improving spectra of a light source in the prior art in order to reduce fatigues of human eyes caused by light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and risks color weakness. The lamp for preventing eyestrain comprises a lamp holder which is composed of a group of luminous sources, and each luminous source comprises an LED lamp, a far-infrared lamp and a fluorescent lamp (or a filament lamp). The light sent out by the lamp has the advantages of having a full-spectral characteristic similar to the natural light, being high in soft performance and good in color rendition, and being capable of improving blood flow volume of vessels on eyes, reducing intraocular pressure and relieving the eyestrain.
Global Monochrome Medical Monitors Market Drivers and Challenges Report 2022 | Medgadget
The data included in this research report includes detailed explanatory passages about the growth trajectory that the Global Monochrome Medical Monitors market has taken. The report additionally marks the factors that influence the Global Monochrome Medical Monitors market in the form of trends, drivers, restrictions, and potential opportunities. In that context, the report is highly applicable to both new entrants in the global market as well as the older ones which have been successful in this market for a considerable time.. Get 30% Discount on This Report at: https://goo.gl/SB8F51. The report utilizes the financial records revealed by the top players in the Global Monochrome Medical Monitors market. This data is then compiled and screened using a 360-degree analysis. The features that either strengthen or undermine the Global Monochrome Medical Monitors markets growth over a given forecast period are also explained for the better understanding to the readers.. The report has been compiled ...
De opmars van de touch screen interface | Mass Media Release
Persbericht. De vooruitgang is niet te stoppen, nog niet zo lang geleden werd er met krijt op een schoolbord geschreven maar toen moesten het bord en krijt plaatsmaken voor een white bord en markers. Hierna kwam het digitale white board, dit board heeft zich nooit compleet doorgezet, het was omslachtig in gebruik en werkte niet intuÃ¯tief genoeg. Het werken met een digitaal white board werd door heel veel docenten als omslachtig en lastig ervaren. Een groot aantal scholen heeft dan ook wel een aantal digitale white boarden maar deze worden weinig gebruikt. Met de komst van de nieuwe touch screen beeldschermen en de touch screen white boarden lijkt de evolutie zich toch door te zetten. Het touch screen beeldscherm wordt naast het gewone white board gebruikt als ondersteunend medium. Het digitale touch board (mits een goede) fungeert als gewoon white board en als digitaal touch board. De touch screen interface en de huidige software met touch ondersteuning (vanaf Windows 7) maken de bediening ...
Touch Screen Pump Factory, China Touch Screen Pump Factory Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Touch Screen Pump Factory - Select 2017 high quality Touch Screen Pump Factory products in best price from certified Chinese Touch Screen manufacturers, China Pump suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
China for Motorala G3 Repair Parts Touch Screen Assembly for Motorala G3 Replacement - China Repair Parts, Touch Screen
China for Motorala G3 Repair Parts Touch Screen Assembly for Motorala G3 Replacement, Find details about China Repair Parts, Touch Screen from for Motorala G3 Repair Parts Touch Screen Assembly for Motorala G3 Replacement - Shenzhen HR-Brothers Industrial Co., Ltd.
Patent US6407506 - Display apparatus, display method and control-drive circuit for display ... - Google Patents
This specification and drawings disclose a display technology which displays an image by illuminating pixels of a display unit. The apparatus comprises an image signal processing circuit which processes an input image signal, a control circuit which controls display resolution information relating to the image displayed on the display unit, and a drive circuit which drives the display unit based on the output of an input signal processing circuit and the control circuit. The display resolution information is limited by the control circuit, and an image corresponding to an input image signal is displayed on the display unit when a time during which illuminated pixels are selected on the display unit, is shortened.
Best 25+ Computer terminal ideas on Pinterest | Python cheat sheet, Linux raspberry pi and Secure linux
Find and save ideas about Computer terminal on Pinterest. | See more ideas about Python cheat sheet, Linux raspberry pi and Secure linux.
Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health - List of articles
Re: Office Employment, Work with Video Display Terminals, and Course of Pregnancy: Reference Mothers` Experience from a Finnish Case-Referent Study of Birth Defects by T Nurminen, K Kurppa. ...
Excessive immune responses are detrimental - disksnack site
In this paper, a model-based optimization method is derived to control the thermal dose in biological tissues for ultrasound surgery. The blood serum peroxidase activity of those working with video display terminals medullary pacemaker neurons are essential for gasping, but not eupnea, in mammals. Alternating contractility in pulsus alternans studied in the isolated canine heart. The link between the discrete stochastic equations of motion and the continuum model buy viagra is considered systematically using the method of matched asymptotic expansions. A wider tissue distribution of RAMP1, as compared to that of the CLR, is consistent with additional biological functions. Effects of drought stress on growth and water use efficiency of two medicinal plants An evidence-based approach to research, which includes important aspects such as critical appraisal, is essential for the effective conduct of clinical trials. Relations of serum ascorbic acid and alpha-tocopherol to diabetic retinopathy in the ...
Patente US7034803 - Cursor display privacy product - Google Patentes
The privacy product-used with an information system which has a data processor (71) signal connected (72) to a display device (81) and has an input device (51, 51A) signal connected (52, 52A) to the data processor with the input device being manipulated (21) by a person to control cursor motions-comprises a computer readable signal bearing medium (11) signal connected (14) to the data processor with the medium having a chaff component (12) which causes the data processor to cause the display device to display (82) a chaff path (31A) which is indistinguishable from the cursor path (31) by a sequent person.
Re: Video display of microscope slides.
Urspr ngliche Nachricht ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Am 23.04.99, 16:38:28, schrieb Patterson, Noelle ,[email protected], zum Thema Video display of microscope slides.: , When I was teaching in the anatomy lab we always used a microscope with a , video camera attached, which relayed the microscope picture to a television , screen. This allowed the whole class to see and discuss the slide image at , the same time. We would like to get this same setup to use for data lab , meetings here. Does anyone have any ideas on where to start looking for , these systems. We have several microscopes with video ports (most are , Olympus BH2 microscopes), so we should only need the video camera and , television. Generally we want to show the slides to 10 or more people, and , a multiple head microscope being carried in and out of the conference room , is a bit too bulky. , I look forward to your ideas and recommendations. , Noelle Patterson , Naval Medical Research Center , Bethesda, Md , ...
Patent US5679043 - Method of making a field emitter - Google Patents
A matrix addressable flat panel display includes a flat cathode operable for emitting electrons to an anode when an electric field is produced across the surface of the flat cathode by two electrodes placed on each side of the flat cathode. The flat cathode may consist of a cermet or amorphic diamond or some other combination of a conducting material and an insulating material such as a low effective work function material. The electric field produced causes electrons to hop on the surface of the cathode at the conducting-insulating interfaces. An electric field produced between the anode and the cathode causes these electrons to bombard a phosphor layer on the anode.
Digital Signage LCD Frame Advertising Bulit in Media Player Commercial Grade Displays, Chassis/Wall Mount Metal Housing 46...
iTech offers a wide selection of Digital Signage LCD flat panel displays solutions with built-in digital media player. It features CF Slot and USB connectivity.
LG Plasma 42PN450D-ZA 42PN450D-ZA+Ch-PD31B.pdf - Service Manual Free Download
Download LG 42PN450D-ZA+Ch-PD31B LG Plasma 42PN450D-ZA 42PN450D-ZA+Ch-PD31B.pdf ✅ A plasma display panel (PDP) is a type of flat panel display that uses small cells containing plasma; ionized gas that responds to electric fields.
SEMICON Taiwan 2019
Efab - Manufacturing Equipment Enabling Tomorrow..., Today. Efab is a provider of new and used manufacturing equipment for Compound semiconductor, Solar/PV and Flat Panel Display industries. We provide manufacturing, test and assembly equipment, specializing in MOCVD reactors and direct replacement spare parts. Efab provides system Sales and Service representation for equipment manufactured by some of the most leading edge companies in the world. Our used equipment re-marketing services are designed to help you manage your capital equipment assets and find the equipment you need to improve your profitability at affordable prices and without long OEM lead times. Efab also provides new, remanufactured, and direct replacement spare parts for most MOCVD reactors. Our direct replacement spare parts meet or exceed the original OEM specifications and can significantly reduce you Cost of Operations.. Efab buys your surplus assets and provides a web based, B2B marketing tool which you can use to ...
Click on the image to load a new captcha challenge
Acuson X300 ultrasound system and the Acuson X300pe ultrasound increase diagnostic performance. Designed with the needs of clinicians everywhere, the Acuson X300 ultrasound machine features an adjustable, user friendly control panel and a 15″ flat panel display.
Weekly Global Update for December 20, 2017 | TTI, Inc.
Europe Update; Flash December Purchasing Managers Indicators; World Server Revenue up 16% in 3Q17; Oversupply and Price Drop in 1Q18 NAND Flash Market; N America-based SEMI Equipment Billings; Japan SEMI & Flat Panel Display Equipment Shipments; U.S. November Industrial Production rose 0.2%; Global Data Positive
Lipanthyl 200 Mg Side Effects / Acheter Clarithromycin En Ligne
a href= http://thethompsonagy.com/purpose-of-metformin-hcl.pdf ,metformin 500 mg side effects nhs,/a. ate a 200 mg ibuprofen,/a, But. lipanthyl-side-effects.. in man amoxicillin 200 mg 5ml susp buy prednisone online. nombre generico de zyrtec side effects of lisinopril 2 5 mg tablets azathioprine.http://www.structura.be/lo-loestrin-fe-rx-number.pdf mutter loestrin 24 fe side effects reviews. http://www.vnsa.nl/zoloft-200-mg-daily-tzolkin.pptx bail.MST65BKR Wall Mount for Flat Panel Display. fenofibrate eg 200 mg capsules side effects. expert plum revatio 20 mg side effects kernel barren.. though Italianofficials say the true figure may be above 200. feelings on either side. Fenofibrate Lipanthyl Putins move aggravated.Comité de soutien du Front de Gauche. attempting fenofibrate lipanthyl supra lhd. 25-mg-daily.pdf ,cyproterone side effects prostate cancer ...
Monitors Normal Grey Composite TFT Touch Screen | buy Monitors Normal Grey Composite TFT Touch Screen - Kelkoo
Looking to buy Monitors Normal Grey Composite TFT Touch Screen? Kelkoo compares thousands of offers for Monitors Normal Grey Composite TFT Touch Screen from the best merchants like Very, House of Fraser, eBay & Amazon to help you find the best product.
US Patent # 7,973,319. Display unit, method of manufacturing same, organic light emitting unit, and method of...
A display unit capable of being simply designed and manufactured by using more simplified light emitting device structure while capable of high definition display and display with superior color repr
US Patent for Head-mounted display device Patent (Patent # 6,359,602 issued March 19, 2002) - Justia Patents Search
In a head-mounted display device, image display light emitted from a display device is directed towards the eye of an observer by changing the light path thereof by means of an optical system. The display device, optical system and a drive signal generating device for the display device are worn on the head of the observer by means of a holding member. This optical system is positioned in front of the display device emitting display light in a forward direction from a position separated radially from the visual axis of the observer when looking straight ahead. The drive signal generating device is located in a position separated radially from the visual axis with an interval from the display device and optical system.
Kids Computer Mouse Supplier, Find Best Kids Computer Mouse Supplier on Alibaba.com
Find Best Kids Computer Mouse Supplier on Alibaba Kids Computer Mouse Supplier Directory. Source Top Quality Kids Computer Mouse Supplier, Kids Computer Mouse Companies, computer mouse ,computer mouse car ,ergonomic computer mouse Manufacturers
ELECTROPHORESIS DISPLAY DEVICE, DRIVING METHOD OF ELECTROPHORESIS DISPLAY DEVICE, AND ELECTRONIC APPARATUS - Patent application
0043]Hereinafter, an electrophoresis display device according to the invention will be described with reference to the accompanying drawings. FIG. 1 is a view illustrating a structure of an electrophoresis display device 1 according to one embodiment of the invention. As shown in FIG. 1, the electrophoresis display device 1 includes a display section 3 in which pixels 2 are arranged in a matrix form of M rows×N columns where M pixels are arranged in a Y-axis direction and N pixels are arranged in an X-axis direction. The electrophoresis display device 1 further includes M erase scan lines 4a (YE1, YE2, . . . , YEm) each extending along the display section 3 in the X-axis direction, M write scan lines 4b (YW1, YW2, . . . , YWm) each extending along the display section 3 in the X-axis direction, N erase data lines (XE1, XE2, . . . , XEn) each extending along the display section 3 in the Y-axis direction, N write data lines 5b (XW1, XW2, . . . , XWn) each extending along the data section 3 in the ...
Increased micronucleated cell frequency related to exposure to radiation emitted by computer cathode ray tube video display...
CARBONARI, Karina et al. Increased micronucleated cell frequency related to exposure to radiation emitted by computer cathode ray tube video display monitors . Genet. Mol. Biol. [online]. 2005, vol.28, n.3, pp.469-474. ISSN 1415-4757. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1415-47572005000300024.. It is well recognized that electromagnetic fields can affect the biological functions of living organisms at both cellular and molecular level. The potential damaging effects of electromagnetic fields and very low frequency and extremely low frequency radiation emitted by computer cathode ray tube video display monitors (VDMs) has become a concern within the scientific community. We studied the effects of occupational exposure to VDMs in 10 males and 10 females occupationally exposed to VDMs and 20 unexposed control subjects matched for age and sex. Genetic damage was assessed by examining the frequency of micronuclei in exfoliated buccal cells and the frequency of other nuclear abnormalities such as binucleated ...
Patent US8139104 - Autostereoscopic display device - Google Patents
The present invention relates to an autostereoscopic display device, comprising an imaging layer (9) and a lens layer (10). The lens layer (10) serves to project different content from the imaging layer (9) to the left and right eyes, respectively, of a user. The lens layer (10) comprises lens cells (12), enclosing two fluids (13, 14) with different refractive indices. The shape of the interface between the fluids may be changed using electrowetting, by means of two individually controllable electrodes (21, 22) at the sides of each lens cell (12). The display device further comprises a user head tracking device and means for controlling the lens cell electrodes depending on a detected user head position. This allows the display device to display a correct 3D-image, even if the user moves his head.
Supramolecular assembly strategies using alternate adsorption of polyelectrolytes: applications in PLED and LC display devices<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Supramolecular assembly strategies using alternate adsorption of polyelectrolytes. T2 - applications in PLED and LC display devices. AU - Advincula, R. C.. AU - Inaoka, S.. AU - Roitman, D.. AU - Frank, C.. AU - Knoll, W.. AU - Baba, A.. AU - Kaneko, F.. PY - 2000. Y1 - 2000. N2 - We present work on the modification, processing, and analysis of ultrathin films for display devices primarily using the supramolecular assembly strategy. This involves the use of various molecular assembly techniques (organic, polymer, metal) in which layer order and functionality is achieved at defined length scales approaching that of ultrathin films (a few to several hundred nm thicknesses). The use of alternate polyelectrolyte deposition (APD) is primarily investigated in ultrathin films that have significance in the fabrication of display devices. The first application involves modifying a polymer light emitting diode (PLED) device fabricated using the ITO/MEH-PPV/Ca protocol with polyaniline ...
Brevet US20110207325 - Method of manufacturing substrate and organic emitting display device having ... - Google Brevets
Provided are an organic light emitting display device and a method of manufacturing the same. The organic light emitting display device includes a substrate; an sealing substrate facing the substrate, an organic light emitting unit disposed between the substrate and the sealing substrate and having a plurality of organic light emitting devices emitting light, and a plurality of grooves formed in a light extracting surface of the organic light emitting display device through which the light is emitted to the outside. In one embodiment, the grooves are formed on the sealing substrate, and in another embodiment, the grooves are formed on the substrate.
WallStreet/Pismo OS X Bugs, Dome Laptop Stand, 48x CD Burner, Zip 750, and More | Low End Mac
Formac Electronic Inc. has announced Formac ADConnect, a DVI to ADC conversion box that opens the world of high-quality ADC displays to Macintosh and PC users with DVI connectivity.. The superior picture quality of ADC flat panel displays such as Apples line of LCDs and the Formac gallery displays, have thus far only been accessible through expensive converters, said Oliver Bergmann, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Formac Inc. The new Formac ADConnect provides the same high-quality conversion at an affordable price.. In developing the new conversion box, Formac has focused on a cost-efficient design. Unlike other DVI to ADC converters on the market, Formac ADConnect is only one small box (8″ x 3″ x 1.5″), incorporating all necessary connectors and the power supply. Formacs conversion box combines DVI video, USB, and external power to drive ADC flat panel displays with perfect image quality, and supports the convenient USB ports on the back of ADC flat panel displays. ...
US Patent # 7,973,781. Image display device and projector - Patents.com
There is provided an image display device with a two-modulation optical system for displaying an image corresponding to input image signals. The image display device includes a first optical modulati
Manual Handling Workload and Musculoskeletal Discomfort in Nursing Per by Nancy Nivison Menzel
Nursing staff members (registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nursing aides) have one of the highest incidence rates of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs) of all occupations. Ergonomic research has identified patient handling and movement tasks that put the caregiver at high risk for a WMSD each time they are performed. The purpose of this study was to determine whether the frequency of performing the highest risk tasks, as well as certain other risk factors affecting physical workload, were related to the frequency of musculoskeletal discomfort. Also investigated was whether the manual handling workload varied by job category. The cross-sectional study was conducted at a Veterans Administration hospital in Tampa, Florida in August 2001 on 11 in-patient units with 113 participants, who completed musculoskeletal discomfort and demographic surveys at the end of a week of observation of their workloads. Multiple regression analysis indicated that the number of high risk patient
Patent US3705310 - Liquid crystal voltage display device having photoconductive means to ... - Google Patents
United States Patent [151 3,705,310  Dec. 5, 1972  Filedf WiId  LIQUID CRYSTAL VOLTAGE DISPLAY DEVICE HAVING PHOTOCONDUCTIVE MEANS T ENHANCE THE CONTRAST AT THE INDICATING REGION  Inventor: Peter Wild, Wettingen, Switzerland  Assignee: Brown, Boveri & Company Limited, Baden, Switzerland May 24, 1971  Appl. No.: 146,196  Foreign Application Priority Data May 27, 1970 Switzerland ..7839/70  US. Cl. ..250/229, 324/92, 324/96, 340/324 R, 350/150, 350/160 LC  Int. Cl. ..G02f1/16  Field of Search ..350/l50, 160 LC; 250/229; 340/324 R; 324/92, 96, 113; 315/55, 169 R  References Cited UNITED STATES PATENTS 3,149,281 9/1964 Lieb 1....324/96 3,667,039 5/1972 Garfein et al .......324l92 OTHER PUBLICATIONS Soref: Electronically Scanned Analog Liquid Crystal Displays, Applied Optics, Vol. 9, pp. 1323- Primary EXaminer-Ronald L. Wibert Assistant Examiner-Edward S. Bauer Attorney-Toren and McGeady  ABSTRACT In the optical display disclosed, a pair of flat ...
Krishna C. Saraswat, Professor Fabrication Processes, Device Structures, Materials and Equipment for Microelectronics and Flat Panel Display Manufacturing; Associate Director of the NSF/SRC Engineering Research Center for Environmentally Benign Semiconductor Manufacturing Saraswat is working on a variety of problems related to new and innovative materials, device structures, and process technology of silicon devices and integrated circuits. Special areas of his interest are thin film MOS transistors (TFTs) on insulator for 3-D multilayer ICs and flat panel displays; ultrathin MOS gate dielectrics; thin film technology for VLSI interconnections and contacts; process and equipment modelling; rapid thermal processing; IC process and design automation; and development of tools and methodology for simulation and control of a manufacturing line. His group has developed several simulators for process, equipment and factory performance simulations, such as, SPEEDIE for etch and deposition simulation, ...
Gear Head Non Gaming Not Bluetooth Compatible Ergonomic Computer Mice | Staples
Shop Gear Head Non Gaming Not Bluetooth Compatible Ergonomic Computer Mice at Staples. Save big on our wide selection of Gear Head Non Gaming Not Bluetooth Compatible Ergonomic Computer Mice and get fast & free shipping on select orders.
Patent WO1998057212A1 - Variable reflectivity image display device - Google Patents
A variably reflective display device amenable to mutiple pixel display applications. Each pixel has at least one element (10) having a reflective state in which incident light undergoes total internal reflection, and having a non-reflective state in which total internal reflection is prevented. Such prevention is achieved by interfering with (scattering and/or absorbing) the evanescent wave adjacent the surface of the element. For example, a member (18) can be positioned adjacent the element and deformed between first and second positions. In the first position a gap (20) remains between the member and the elememt to allow the evanescent wave to behave normally. In the second position the member is in optical (but not atomic) contact with the element, such that the member interferes with the evanescent wave and thereby prevents total internal reflection. In one embodiment, each pixel is a grouping of retro-reflective elements (12A, 12B, 12C...) such as corner reflectors. An elastomeric material (18) is
borther Computer Mice | Staples
Shop borther Computer Mice at Staples. Save big on our wide selection of borther Computer Mice and get fast & free shipping on select orders.
On-vehicle head up display device with optical means for correcting parallax in a vertical direction - Patent # 4787711 -...
In an on-vehicle head up display device employing a catoptric system for a windshield glass of an automobile to project a display image onto an inner surface of the windshield glass, an optical system for letting a virtual image of the display image of a display means enter the windshield glass is adapted to make an angle formed by light beams of the virtual image entering the windshield glass less than a monocular resolving power. Further, an optical means for correcting parallax of the light beams of the virtual image is provided between the optical system and the windshield glass. Thus, a double image formation and binocular parallax may be eliminated.
Display device - Shevlin Technologies Limited
A display device (|highlight||bold|1|/bold||/highlight|) has a photon source (|highlight||bold|20|/bold||/highlight|) that displays an image scene in which the user perceives points at differents dist
Patent US6762735 - Electro luminescence display device and method of testing the same - Google Patents
To increase the proportion of the perfects to the whole lot of final products and to reduce the cost for active matrix EL display devices by checking the operation of a TFT substrate before depositing an EL material. A capacitor for testing is connected to a drain terminal of a driving TFT in a pixel portion to observe charging and discharging of the capacitor. Whether the driving TFT is normal or not is judged by the observation, so that the rejects can be removed before the manufacturing process is completed.
Patent US6191832 - Active matrix display device and methods for correcting defect thereof - Google Patentsuche
An active matrix display device of the present invention includes: a plurality of pixel electrodes arranged in a matrix; a plurality of switching elements connected to the respective pixel electrodes; a plurality of scanning lines for supplying a scan voltage to the switching elements; a plurality of signal lines for supplying a signal voltage to the switching elements, provided so as to cross the scanning lines; and a bypass spare line for avoiding at least one of a disconnected portion and a leak portion, formed so as to overlap at least one of the scanning line and the signal line with an insulating film interposed therebetween, wherein the bypass spare line and at least one of the scanning line and the signal line are electrically connected to each other.
87 Machover, Carl (1972). "Computer graphics terminals - A backward look". Spring Joint Computer Conference: 443-444. 4,612,483 ... of Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA (October 1973, pdf, 12MB) Thomson-CSF, Image and ... For uses where the signal could be provided in any needed format, like in computer displays, the penetron remained useful. When ... Penetron displays were also offered as an option on some graphics terminals, where the high speed color-switching was not ...
The experimental terminal would later be used as the basis for the TRS-80 Color Computer. In 1985 Louden left CompuServe to ... "AgVision Videotex terminal". Vintage Computer. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 16 April 2018. Manual, pp. 4, 48-49. Manual, p. 1. Manual ... During this period a port supporting an experimental color computer terminal being built by Motorola and Radio Shack was ... Known simply as S, the game supported up to eight players on directly connected 2400 baud terminals. Much of what would become ...
TECO (text editor)
"For the Time Sharing Computer User: Datapoint 3300" (PDF). Computer Terminal Corporation. Retrieved 2009-10-27. "Teco Editor". ... The VTEDIT (Video Terminal Editor) TECO macro was commonly used on RSTS/E and VAX systems with terminals capable of direct- ... TECO was available for several operating systems and computers, including the PDP-1 computer, the PDP-8 (under OS/8), the ... Later versions of TECO were capable of driving full-screen mode on various DEC RS232 video terminals such as the VT52 or VT100 ...
Motorola had been asked to design a color-capable computer terminal for an online farm-aid project, a system known as "AgVision ... "AgVision Videotex terminal". Vintage Computer. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 16 April 2018. G. Pitre, Boisy; Loguidice, Bill (2013). ... It found use in the TRS-80 Color Computer, Dragon 32/64, and Thomson MO/TO home computers, the Vectrex game system, and early ... "MOS 6502 the second of a low cost high performance microprocessor family". Computer. IEEE Computer Society. 8 (9): 38-39. ...
Grant County High School
The campus covers 51 acres (210,000 m2). Computer terminals are available in each classroom. Three computer labs are available ...
Saran, Cliff (25 June 1998). "PC & desktop Suppliers spy opening in terminals market". Computer Weekly. Archived from the ... The DeskLite was a thin client launched in 1998 by Acorn Computers. It was designed to provide access to Microsoft Windows ... The design is a specialised Network Computer and was promoted to potential licensees for adoption. It was launched at the 1998 ... "Acorn Group Announces World-first With $199 Thin-client Terminal Technology; Acorn Group Has Technology for Client with Citrix ...
History of the Queensland Police
There were 309 computer terminals in 121 locations. Training in computers was offered to cadets and probationaries at the ... The Queensland police computer links to the Main Roads Department and the New South Wales police computer to increase access to ... A computer systems training officer was appointed to train police officers in the correct use and operation of computer ... The offender identification computer system called Com-Fit was developed. The Task Force becomes the State Crime Operations ...
... hundreds of computer terminals and multimedia viewing equipment; a full range of specialized services including online ... Facilities include library, computer labs, study rooms, cafeteria, shops and gym. Mahidol University Kanchanaburi Campus in ... computer labs, the Office of the President, indoor stadiums, completed sports complex, the Student Union, shops and cafeterias ... many advanced networked computer systems inter-networked harmoniously; performing multicast and broadcast of data transmission ...
Hillsboro Public Library
It contains 140 seats and 31 computer terminals. As of 2016, the library system had a service area population of approximately ...
Thomas Balch Library
Internet access is available on specified computer terminals. Interlibrary loan services are also available to patrons, with a ...
An electronic kiosk (or computer kiosk or interactive kiosk) houses a computer terminal that often employs custom kiosk ... Freestanding computer terminals dispensing information are called interactive kiosks. Etymological data points to the Middle ... Computerized kiosks may store data locally, or retrieve it from a computer network. Some computer kiosks provide a free, ... and pushbuttons are all typical input devices for interactive computer kiosk. Touchscreen kiosks are commercially used as ...
Conversely, they converted some into mini-branches with only ATMs for cash withdrawal and depositing; computer terminals for ...
Computer terminals Curses (programming library) Termcap tput Horton, Mark. "The New Curses and Terminfo Package". USENIX ... more understandable names for terminal capabilities and general expression evaluation for strings sent to the terminal. ... It may also contain one or more aliases for the name of the terminal. The canonical name or aliases are the keys by which the ... X/Open does not specify the format of the compiled terminal description. In fact, it does not even mention the common tic or ...
Popular Electronics magazine wanted a feature article on an intelligent computer terminal and Technical Editor Les Solomon ... Marsh, Robert; Lee Felsenstein (July 1979). "Build the SOL Intelligent Computer Terminal". Popular Electronics. Ziff Davis. 10 ... available as fully assembled or as kit form Sol-10 Terminal Computer - Stripped-down model without 5 slot S-100 backplane; ... available as fully assembled or as kit form Sol-20 Terminal Computer - Includes 5-slot S-100 backplane; available as fully ...
With a computer terminal and a modem a user could dial into a large multi-user computer. Lee Felsenstein wanted make low-cost ... Robert M. Marsh; Lee Felsenstein (July 1976). "Build SOL, An Intelligent Computer Terminal". Popular Electronics. Vol. 10 no. 1 ... The most famous issue, January 1975, had the Altair 8800 computer on the cover and ignited the home computer revolution. Paul ... The January 1975 issue of Popular Electronics had the Altair computer on the cover and this launched the home computer ...
Corridor 7: Alien Invasion
These cards are granted by operating special wall-sized computer terminals; since these terminals are also placed behind the ...
... computer terminals track the paths of several hundred of the deportees. In 2011, the museum welcomed 120,000 visitors. In July ...
It was supported by the VT220 and later DEC computer terminals. This later became the basis for other character sets such as ... When computers and peripherals standardized on eight-bit bytes in the 1970s, it became obvious that computers and software ... DOS computers built for the North American market, for example, used code page 437, which included accented characters needed ... The biggest problem for computer users around the world was other alphabets. ASCII's English alphabet almost accommodates ...
Four Freedoms Plaza
The workstation consists of computer terminals, communications console, and mechanical fabricators. None of these workstations ...
The KR580VM80A was popular in home computers, computer terminals, industrial controllers. Some of the examples of its ... computer), similar to Orion-128 SM 1800 industrial mini computer Vector-06C home computer, where KR580VM80A is overclocked to 3 ... "RetroBrew Computers Forum: General Discussion » 8080 varieties - differences". www.retrobrewcomputers.org. Retrieved 2020-01-29 ... Intel 8080 MCS-85 Family List of Soviet computer systems Soviet integrated circuit designation Ниссельсон, Л.И. (1989). ...
Central Library (Portland, Oregon)
A total of 130 computer terminals are available to the public. "National Register Information System". National Register of ...
Several computers could be accessed from any terminal. Scanning and buffer storage was centralized to improve performance and ... A program was written in IBM 360 Assembler Language to allow an online computer user to write data and directives on the RAND ... The RAND Tablet is a graphical computer input device developed by The RAND Corporation. The RAND Tablet is claimed to be the ... The tablet is connected to an input of a computer and/or an oscilloscope display. The display would register the input and ...
Security of automated teller machines
There are different techniques that can be used to acquire access to a computer such as accessing it via a remote terminal or ... Terminal security is a significant component in cases where cipher keys reside in terminals. In the absence of physical ... Electronic funds transfer systems have three components; which are communication links, computers, and terminals (ATMs). First ... the terminal must be able to perform cryptographic operations and it must have the required encryption keys at its disposal. ...
The centers were complete with study rooms, computer terminals, and even tutors. A program was even established to help ...
West Chicago Public Library
... the library had 29 computer terminals for library users. The library offers tutoring and small group classes in computer skills ... gaming computers, a computer lab. With funding from the Foundation, the library installed public wifi in tandem with the ...
It was also used in the HP 2640 series of computer terminals. The DC150 cartridge, a variation with slightly higher capacity, ... Computers used with DC-series tape hp9825.com - The Story of DC100 hp9825.com - Picture of DC100 drive hp9845.net - Tutorial on ... early version of what is now referred to as the QIC Mini Cartridge This format was used in the HP desktop calculator/computer ...
"VT180" is the unofficial name for the combination of the VT100 computer terminal and VT18X option. The VT18X includes a 2 MHz ... DEC Robin, DigiBarn Computer Museum DEC VT180, Terminals Wiki v t e. ... The VT180 was codenamed "Robin". Digital later released a full-fledged personal computer known as the Rainbow 100 as the ... The VT180 is a personal computer produced by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) of Maynard, Massachusetts. Introduced in early ...
... and to other computers. MacTerminal was capable of emulating the DEC VT100 and other computer terminals. Apple Computer began ... However, similar functionality was rolled into ClarisWorks' terminal program. MacDraw MacPaint MacWrite Terminal (macOS) v t e ... When Apple Computer, Inc. spawned Claris in 1987 as its application software division, Claris continued development of most of ... MacTerminal was the first telecommunications and terminal emulation application software program available for the classic Mac ...
It emulates different types of computer terminals, from DEC VT100 to DEC VT382. It supports telnet, SSH 1 & 2 and serial port ... At the time, it was the only freely available terminal emulator to effectively support the Japanese language. Original ... Tera Term (alternatively TeraTerm) is an open-source, free, software implemented, terminal emulator (communications) program. ... MSDOS era terminal "Tera Term History". Original website of T.Teranishi TeraTerm Home Page in English Project Top Page in ...
History of virtual learning environments
The Michigan Terminal System (MTS), a computer time-sharing operating system developed at the University of Michigan, included ... computer-based seminars, computer-assisted curriculum development, computer-based committees, and computer-based proposal ... This was implemented though a medium-sized computer and terminals in the schools. California funded a two-year project to ... The Merit Computer Network interconnects the mainframe computers at three large universities - University of Michigan, Michigan ...
Radio data terminals: these are handheld or truck-mounted terminals which connect by radio to logistics automation software and ... Logistics automation is the application of computer software or automated machinery to improve the efficiency of logistics ... Logistics automation systems can powerfully complement the facilities provided by these higher level computer systems. The ...
Health informatics is a relatively recent field that deal with the application of computers and information technology to ... modern branch of clinical medicine that deals with pain and symptom relief and emotional support in patients with terminal ...
Computers, tablets, cameras, letters and books were seized. Nitschke said police actions were unprecedented and probably in ... On 1 August 2014, after euthanasia advocate Max Bromson, 66, who suffered from terminal bone cancer, ended his life with ... computers and other items. Nitschke said he felt violated by the "heavy-handed and unnecessary" police actions and ... after which the patient activated the syringe using a computer. Nitschke states that he and his group are regularly subject to ...
A small central bus terminal was constructed in the city center to accommodate buses, shuttles and jeepneys going to Manila and ... The University of Saint Anthony, University of Northeastern Philippines, La Consolacion College, STI College, AMA Computer ...
This approach may not be as accurate as the Viterbi algorithm but can save a substantial amount of computer memory. ... and that the algorithm can ultimately reach a terminal node of the code tree, and stop. ...
Mac E. Van Valkenburg (19 October 2001). Reference Data for Engineers: Radio, Electronics, Computers and Communications. ... where the nominal strength of a single TV signal at the receiver terminals is about 0 dBmV. Cable TV uses 75 Ω coaxial cable, ...
... it was the cable used to connect IBM 3270 terminals to IBM 3274/3174 terminal cluster controllers). Later, some manufacturers ... In 1980s and early 1990s coaxial cable was also used in computer networking, most prominently in Ethernet networks, where it ... While formerly common for implementing computer networks, in particular Ethernet ("thick" 10BASE5 and "thin" 10BASE2), twisted ... RG-62 is a 93 Ω coaxial cable originally used in mainframe computer networks in the 1970s and early 1980s ( ...
They are composed of a C-terminal ligand-binding region, a core DNA-binding domain (DBD) and an N-terminal domain that contains ... Computer simulations of the dynamic behavior of receptors have been used to gain understanding of their mechanisms of action. ...
Camp for Climate Action
Antwerp Bulk Terminal (ABT) coal terminal Antwerp, Belgium August 2009 Aéroport du Grand Ouest Nantes, France August 2009[ ... Power for lighting, radios, mobile phones, sound equipment and laptop computers was supplied by solar panels and a wind turbine ... together with a media tent with ten laptop computers, this was also used to send media to the press as well as Indymedia UK. ...
The protonated oxygen now represents a good leaving group, and the glycogen chain is separated from the terminal glycogen in an ... Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Science. 39: 1141-1150. doi:10.1021/ci9900332.. ... This site is most likely the site at which the enzyme binds to glycogen granules before initiating cleavage of terminal glucose ... phosphorylase catalyzes the rate-limiting step in glycogenolysis in animals by releasing glucose-1-phosphate from the terminal ...
Lack of windows - on a desktop computer, the ability to open more than one window at a time allows for multi-tasking and easy ... A mobile broadband modem "tethers" the smartphone to one or more computers or other end-user devices to provide access to the ... Growth is fastest in parts of the world where the personal computer (PC) is not the first user experience of the internet. ... Traditionally, the World Wide Web has been accessed via fixed-line services on laptops and desktop computers. However, the web ...
History of CP/CMS
AFIPS Computer Conference 30 (Spring Joint Computer Conference, 1967), pp. 611-21. ― [Describes the experimental IBM M44/44X, ... Many other CTSS design elements and system facilities, like the user interface, terminal control, disk file system, and ... J. J. Glauthier, "Computer time sharing, its origins and development," Computers and automation, October 1967, pp. 23-7. ... Fall Joint Computer Conference (AFIPS) 27, pp. 185-96 (1965). *P. J. Denning, "Virtual Memory", Computing Surveys Vol. 2, pp. ...
Outline of brain mapping
It is considered a branch of computer science that is a subset of computer graphics. Brain mapping is a leading beneficiary of ... Dale's law, each nerve terminal releases a single type of neurotransmitter.. *Some of the basic postulates in the Neuron ... Blob detection an area in computer vision, A blob is a region of a digital image in which some properties (such as brightness ... His best known research was in the computer mapping and imaging of the human brain. His interest in the brain also extended to ...
... which may result in spontaneous shutdown of computers when discharges occur. Apart from spurious erratic function, ... Packaged terminal air conditioner. *Plenum space. *Pressurisation ductwork. *Process duct work. *Radiator ...
In 2016, researchers at Fraunhofer ISE announced a GaInP/GaAs/Si triple-junction solar cell with two terminals reaching 30.2% ... which is used in computer chips as well as solar panels). The recession of 2008 and the onset of Chinese manufacturing caused ...
This type of communication can transmit voice, video, and telemetry through local area networks, computer networks, or across ... The information transmitted is typically digital information generated by computers, telephone systems and cable television ...
Amateur radio licensing in the United States
Each station is assigned a call sign which is used to identify the station during transmissions. Amateur station call signs in the US take the format of one or two letters (the prefix), then a numeral (the call district), and finally between one and three letters (the suffix). The number of letters used in the call sign is determined by the operator's license class and the availability of letter combinations. The format of the callsign is often abbreviated as X-by-X where a number in place of the X indicates the quantity of letters, separated by a single digit of the call district. Currently there are 13 geographically based regions. There were 9 original call districts within the 48 contiguous states, also known as radio inspection districts.    The 10th district (with numeral 0) was split from the 9th district. Three additional regions cover Alaska, the Caribbean (including Puerto Rico), and the Pacific (including Hawaii). In the last few decades the FCC has discarded the requirement ...
... to connect subscriber computers and terminals to the cable. ... The cable bus consists of two parallel coaxial cables, one ... Multimedia terminal adapterEdit. With the development of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony, analog telephone ... An embedded ATA is known as an embedded multimedia terminal adapter (E-MTA). ...
across the terminals of a cell is known as the terminal voltage (difference) and is measured in volts. The terminal voltage ... Types intended for special purposes, such as in a computer uninterruptible power supply, may be rated by manufacturers for ... its positive terminal is the cathode and its negative terminal is the anode. The terminal marked negative is the source of ... the terminal voltage of a cell that is discharging is smaller in magnitude than the open-circuit voltage and the terminal ...
Municipal wireless network
The construction of such networks is a significant part of their lifetime costs. Usually, a private firm works with local government to construct a network and operate it. Financing is usually shared by both the private firm and the municipal government. Once operational, the service may be free to users via public finance or advertising, or may be a paid service. Among deployed networks, usage as measured by number of distinct users has been shown to be moderate to light. Private firms serving multiple cities sometimes maintain an account for each user, and allow the user a limited amount of mobile service in the cities covered. As of 2007 some Muni WiFi deployments are delayed as the private and public partners negotiate the business model and financing. In such networks, radio communication is used both for the Wi-Fi service and for the "backhaul" or pathway to the Internet. This means that the nodes only need a wire for power (hence the habit of installing them on power and light ...
function alphabeta(node, depth, α, β, maximizingPlayer) is if depth = 0 or node is a terminal node then return the heuristic ... Pearl, Judea; Korf, Richard (1987), "Search techniques", Annual Review of Computer Science, 2: 451-467, doi:10.1146/annurev.cs. ... 27th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science. pp. 29-38. doi:10.1109/SFCS.1986.44. ISBN 0-8186-0740-8. . S2CID ... "Computer science as empirical inquiry: symbols and search". Communications of the ACM. 19 (3): 113-126. doi:10.1145/ ...
The term namespace derives from the computer science concept of namespace. It can be thought as specifying a collection of ... 1) the search box is the command line interface of a terminal. 2) Article namespace is always the current working directory. 3 ...
2012 Ninth International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE). In Computer Science and Software ... In the terminal stages of the degeneration of the Y chromosome, other chromosomes increasingly take over genes and functions ...
Dead on arrival
When, as with computers, product complexity is high and diagnostics are involved, the medical metaphor is perhaps appropriate, ... For example, it may not represent the standard of care for patients with terminal diseases such as advanced cancer. In addition ...
ZOC is a popular computer-based terminal emulator and Telnet software client for the Microsoft Windows and Apple ... Its terminal emulator supports Xterm emulation with full colors, meta-keys and local printing, VT102, VT220 and several types ... REXX language for scripting (fully featured programming language with over 75 extensions to control the terminal emulator) - a ...
India-Saudi Arabia relations
Investment is observed in diverse fields such as paper manufacture, chemicals, computer software, granite processing, ... Dr Singh and his official delegation were received at the royal terminal of the King Khalid International Airport by Crown ...
VOC can be measured with a voltmeter directly on an illuminated module's terminals or on its disconnected cable. ... The process of producing solar PV cells (computer chips) is energy intensive and involves highly poisonous and environmental ... which has no fundamental difference to the material for making computer chips. ...
Nuclear and radiation accidents and incidents
Stuxnet is a computer worm discovered in June 2010 that is believed to have been created by the United States and Israel to ... Subjects who were chosen for the experiment had been diagnosed with a terminal disease. They lived from 6 days up to 44 years ... It switched off safety devices, causing centrifuges to spin out of control. The computers of South Korea's nuclear plant ... All died from their preexisting terminal illness, or cardiac illnesses. None died from the plutonium itself. ...
All SSMEs had their own computers to regulate, monitor, and shut them down in case of trouble; the new system extends and ... The crew completed the terminal countdown demonstration test on 19 July 2007, and the Flight Readiness Review meetings were ... In addition, a new Russian computer was installed on the station, and testing of the system would be performed in late August. ... transitioned the vehicle computers to landing software mode and donned their reentry suits. At 14:30 UTC, the crew was given ...
Computer terminal - Wikipedia
A block-oriented terminal or block mode terminal is a type of computer terminal that communicates with its host in blocks of ... Different computer operating systems require different degrees of mode support when terminals are used as computer terminals. ... "What is the etymology of "[computer] terminal"?". Based on OED, B.2.d. (terminal), the paraphrase says that a terminal is a ... ISBN 978-0-387-97021-9. The Terminals Wiki, an encyclopedia of computer terminals. Text Terminal HOWTO The TTY demystified ...
Blit (computer terminal) - Wikipedia
This software could make use of the terminals full graphics capabilities and attached peripherals such as a computer mouse. ... In computing, the Blit was a programmable bitmap graphics terminal designed by Rob Pike and Bart Locanthi Jr. of Bell Labs in ... The Blit programmable bitmap graphics terminal was designed by Rob Pike and Bart Locanthi Jr. of Bell Labs in 1982. The Blit ... However, after logging into a Unix host (connected to the terminal through a serial port), the host could (via special escape ...
CISDOC - Video computer terminals and occupational dermatitis
COMPUTER SYSTEM WITH MULTIPLE TERMINALS - C & S OPERATIONS, INC.
The host computer (including any peripheral hubs or the like) has groups of at least three I/O ports (preferably USB ports) ... A computer system having a host computer and multiple terminals. ... A computer system having a host computer and multiple terminals ... The present invention is directed to a computer system having a host computer and multiple terminals. The host computer ( ... ultra thin terminal: any terminal or terminal hardware set that has substantially no memory; generally ultra thin terminals ...
Computer terminal work and the benefit of microbreaks
... Appl Ergon. 2001 Jun;32(3):225-37. doi: 10.1016/s0003-6870(00)00071-5. ... that microbreaks had a positive effect on reducing discomfort in all areas studied during computer terminal work, particularly ... The authors have previously shown that when computer workers remained seated at their workstation, the muscles performing ...
Silent 700 Electronic Data Terminals | 102646198 | Computer History Museum
Automatic send-recieve terminals; Receive-only terminals; New portable data terminal from TI:25 pounds...$2595. ... Model 735 (I/O); I/O: terminal / Teletype; Texas Instruments, Inc. (TI); Model 733 ASR (I/O); Model 745 (I/O); Model 743 KSR (I ... The brochure introduces the Silent 700 as portable data terminals that have briefcase mobility and send-receive keyboard ...
2645A Terminal | 500000041 | Computer History Museum
ATAAS - Advanced Terminal Area Approach Spacing (computer system; NASA) | AcronymFinder
... computer system; NASA) abbreviated? ATAAS stands for Advanced Terminal Area Approach Spacing (computer system; NASA). ATAAS is ... defined as Advanced Terminal Area Approach Spacing (computer system; NASA) rarely. ... a href=https://www.acronymfinder.com/Advanced-Terminal-Area-Approach-Spacing-(computer-system%3b-NASA)-(ATAAS).html,ATAAS,/a, ... S.v. "ATAAS." Retrieved August 18 2019 from https://www.acronymfinder.com/Advanced-Terminal-Area-Approach-Spacing-(computer- ...
Emerson releases injection controller for their flow computer and remote terminal units | PressReleasePoint
Emerson releases injection controller for their flow computer and remote terminal units. *View ... Emerson releases injection controller for their flow computer and remote terminal units ... Emerson releases injection controller for their flow computer and remote terminal units ... 107 flow computer and ROC800-Series remote operations controller to accurately measure and control water or steam delivered to ...
How to prevent loading XPS Document Writer printer from local computer to Terminal Server 2003?
These virtual printers are redirected from client local machine to terminal server 2003. All... ... We have large amount of XPS Document Writer and WebEx document loader in our Terminal Server. ... How to prevent loading XPS Document Writer printer from local computer to Terminal Server 2003?. Hello,. We have large amount ... www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26418522/How-to-prevent-loading-XPS-Document-Writer-printer-from-local-computer-to-Terminal- ...
Computer Weekly - 22 January 2013: Technology takes off at Heathrow Terminal 2
... we go behind the scenes at the building of Heathrows high-tech Terminal 2 and hear from its CIO about the IT innovations. John ... In this weeks Computer Weekly, we go behind the scenes at the building of Heathrows new high-tech Terminal 2 and hear from ... Computer Weekly - 22 January 2013: Technology takes off at Heathrow Terminal 2 ... Computer Weekly - 22 January 2013: Technology takes off at Heathrow Terminal 2. ...
FR2608804B1 - Expansion module for computer communications terminal - Google Patents
Expansion module for computer communications terminal - Google Patents. Expansion module for computer communications terminal ... communications terminal. computer communications. computer. expansion. Prior art date. 1986-12-22. Legal status (The legal ... Expansion module for computer communications terminal Applications Claiming Priority (1). Application Number. Priority Date. ... FR8617962A 1986-12-22 1986-12-22 Expansion module for computer communications terminal Expired - Fee Related FR2608804B1 (en) ...
Mini PC thin client terminal with 16 bit graphic and 1280*1024-in Mini PC from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba...
Get PDF - Multi terminal on line small computer based electro cardiogram processing system
Multi terminal on line small computer based electro cardiogram processing system ... Multi terminal on line small computer based electro cardiogram processing system. Multi terminal on line small computer based ... Optimization of computer electro cardiogram processing bringing part of the computer to the front end. Wolf, H K And P W ... Computer based electro cardiogram analysis in acute myo cardial infarction a comparison between 2 computer programs for the ...
DATA TRANSMISSION METHOD, MOBILE TERMINAL AND COMPUTER-READABLE STORAGE MEDIUM - GUANGDONG OPPO MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP...
... and allocating the image of the mobile terminal to a corresponding category according to the clustering result. ... acquiring an image to be uploaded of a mobile terminal; identifying a region of interest of the image to be uploaded; ... Next Patent: MONITORING METHOD, APPARATUS AND SYSTEM, ELECTRONIC DEVICE, AND COMPUTER READABLE STORAGE MEDIUM ... A data transmission method, comprising: acquiring an image to be uploaded of a mobile terminal; identifying a region of ...
Automotive engine computer board terminal function Quick Atlas (Europe. the Americas Series)(Chinese Edition) de LI QI SHUN:...
all models Computer board plugs are standard to draw a schematic diagram of a real computer board plugs directly in the ... Xiamen University Press Quick Reference Atlas of automotive engine computer board terminal function (in Europe. the Americas ... while at the bottom of the figure marked the detection of commonly used terminals form the reference value i. ... Automotive engine computer board terminal function Quick Atlas (Europe. the Americas Series)(Chinese Edition). LI QI SHUN. ISBN ...
Anhydrous Ammonia Pipeline/Terminals Computer Process Modeling and Simulation, and Process Improvements Engineering and Design ...
... NH3NH3 TERMINALS/PIPELINE PROCESS ENGINEERING SUPPORT. The client owns and operates an anhydrous ammonia (NH3NH3) pipeline ... Development of computer process simulations using licensed commercial process simulation software and preparation of mass and ... Execution of flare system evaluations for all hot and cold storage terminals to determine if the flare systems meet operating ...
US20100266106A1 - METHODS, SYSTEMS, AND COMPUTER READABLE MEDIA FOR REMOTELY EVALUATING AND CONTROLLING VOICE OVER IP (VoIP)...
The method further includes determining, based on the subscriber terminal equipment test call results, the subscriber terminal ... The method also includes remotely querying the VoIP subscriber terminal device and determining subscriber terminal equipment ... In one embodiment, a method includes initiating test calls with VoIP subscriber terminal equipment and obtaining test call ... The method further includes analyzing usage information regarding the VoIP subscriber terminal equipment and determining ...
A Computer-assisted Model for Predicting Probability of Dying Within 7 Days of Hospice Admission in Patients with Terminal...
A Computer-assisted Model for Predicting Probability of Dying Within 7 Days of Hospice Admission in Patients with Terminal ... Three computer-assisted estimated probability models for the prediction of dying within 7 days of hospice admission in terminal ... We proposed a computer-assisted estimated probability (CEP) for predicting dying within 7 days of hospice admission in terminal ... in predicting dying within 7 days of hospice admission for terminal cancer patients and to develop a computer-assisted model ...
medical solution,medical panel pc,IoT in healthcare,medical computing,medical panel computer,medical panel pc,healthcare...
All-Touch Terminal Emulation | Zebra
The All-Touch Terminal Emulation client, powered by Wavelink, is the most comprehensive solution for accessing, managing and ... And since All-Touch TE is pre-loaded on all Zebra Android mobile computers and often pre-licensed as well, you get a great ... All-Touch Terminal Emulation (TE), powered by Wavelink, makes it easy. This fully-featured flexible solution lets you migrate ... Easily Transition Your Terminal Emulation Apps to Android. With the retirement of support for Microsofts mobile operating ...
Wholesale Wire Harness Terminal, China Wholesale Wire Harness Terminal Manufacturers & Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Select 2017 high quality Wholesale Wire Harness Terminal products in best price from certified Chinese Wire Terminal Connector ... Hot Sell Computer Wire Harness Auto Terminal FOB Price: US $1.7 / Piece Min. Order: 10 Pieces ... Ring Terminal Connector Terminal Battery Terminal Crimp Terminal Amp Terminal Gold Plated Terminal ... Brass Terminal Insulation Wire Terminal Female Terminal Wire Terminal Block Auto Wire Harness More ...
Portable terminals and computers | CODEWARE
Mobile computers Portable terminals and computers. Portable memory terminals are programmable devices with a display, keyboard ... Label printers Supplies Marketplace POS systems Mobile computers Barcode, 2D code & QR code scanners RFID & NFC ... Label printers Supplies Marketplace POS systems Mobile computers Barcode, 2D code & QR code scanners RFID & NFC ... CipherLab CP50 Industrial Mobile Computer. CipherLab CP50 is a Windows Embedded Handheld PDA built to fulfill the demands of ...
Mobile Computers aka PDT or Portable Data Terminals
This is an informational article that describes mobile computers, PDTs, Enterprise Digital Assistants, and Portable Data ... Mobile Computers can also be used as green screen terminals to a mini or mainframe. Using terminal emulation software, Mobile ... Mobile Computers. MOBILE Computers. In the last 5 or so years, confusion has developed about what to call portable barcode ... Many organizations select Mobile Computers with physical keypads, available in different key configurations. Mobile Computer ...
1970s VDU/computer terminal | ELECTROPROPS
... computer, PC, workstation, monitor, laptop, notepad, keyboard, mouse, vintage, period, hard, drive, disk, floppy, printer, ... This Visual Display Unit (VDU) would have been connected as a terminal to a remote mainframe computer or nearby minicomputer ... Commands or data would be typed on the keyboard & the computer would respond & send text back to be displayed on the screen ...
4209 Computer Display Terminal Operator's Manual
1970s VDU/computer terminal monitor on a stalk | ELECTROPROPS
CAIT - Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal in Scientific & Educational by AcronymsAndSlang.com
The Scientific & Educational Acronym /Abbreviation/Slang CAIT means Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal. by AcronymAndSlang ... "Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal". Q: A: How to abbreviate "Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal"?. "Computer-Aided ... Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal can be abbreviated as CAIT. CAIT - Computer-Aided Instituteuction Terminal in ... CAD-CAM - computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacture. *CAD/CAC - computer aided detection and computer aided ...
NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search - 20042640 - Effort-reward imbalance and video display unit postural risk factors interact in...
Nasa puts space station software to the test 2 - Page 2 | ZDNet
Computer terminal that duplicates a robotic arm onboard the ISS. This computer terminal is the same as one used to control a ... Computer terminal that duplicates a robotic arm onboard the ISS. This computer terminal is the same as one used to control a ... The lab runs new software on the terminal to check the code will work properly in orbit. ... The lab runs new software on the terminal to check the code will work properly in orbit. ...
Portable data terminals1970sTeletypeEmulationEmulatorProgrammableElectricityTektronixClaim 1 whereinSystemDumbOperatorsMainframe computerZebraDataEarliestLaptop computersSoftwareDisplayKeyboardLoginOfficeDevicePortsOnboardServicesCategoryDiagramModemsWorkOPERATIONSHandheldDescribeScreenImplementationPrinterSystemsCommunicationLicensesInexpensiveApplicationConnectMobile ComputerRemoteCharacteristicsHistory Museum
Portable data terminals2
- In the 1970s relatively inexpensive ASCII character mode terminals, e.g. (wikipedia.org)
- This Visual Display Unit (VDU) would have been connected as a terminal to a remote mainframe computer or nearby minicomputer back in the early 1970s. (electroprops.co.uk)
- HSL ( hue, saturation, lightness ) and HSV ( hue, saturation, value ) are alternative representations of the RGB color model , designed in the 1970s by computer graphics researchers to more closely align with the way human vision perceives color-making attributes. (wikipedia.org)
- The teletype was an example of an early day hardcopy terminal, and predated the use of a computer screen by decades. (wikipedia.org)
- 3B series computers, some of which also used the WECO 32000 processor, were often used with DMD 5620s 9wm History of the graphical user interface rio Thin client X terminal AT&T/Teletype 5620 Dot Mapped Display Terminal Pike, Rob (1984). (wikipedia.org)
- As time and technology progressed, PDA's evolved into mobile computing platforms to include wireless connections, internet browsing capability, terminal emulation and communication using email, SMS text messaging and voice. (carolinabarcode.com)
- Launch the terminal emulation software installed on the computer you have connected to the gateway serial port. (cisco.com)
- Open a terminal-emulation program on your computer. (cisco.com)
- The Motorola VC5090 Full Screen or Half Screen with Windows CE , Terminal Emulation, Remote Desktop Connection, .net framework, and Web Browser makes direct AIDC (automated identification and data capture) into your ERP or WMS system possible. (barcode-arena.com)
- A personal computer can run terminal emulator software that replicates the function of a terminal, sometimes allowing concurrent use of local programs and access to a distant terminal host system. (wikipedia.org)
- Each window initially ran a simple terminal emulator, which could be replaced by a downloaded interactive graphical application, for example a more advanced terminal emulator, an editor, or a clock application. (wikipedia.org)
- Information from the gateway does not appear on the terminal emulator screen. (cisco.com)
- If the prompt moves, the terminal emulator is communicating with the gateway. (cisco.com)
- The terminal emulator does not display the configuration menu. (cisco.com)
- After the power to the gateway is turned on, the terminal emulator connection displays a countdown. (cisco.com)
- a device with significant local programmable data processing capability may be called a "smart terminal" or fat client. (wikipedia.org)
- The terminal of the first working programmable, fully automatic digital Turing-complete computer, the Z3, had a keyboard and a row of lamps to show results. (wikipedia.org)
- In computing, the Blit was a programmable bitmap graphics terminal designed by Rob Pike and Bart Locanthi Jr. of Bell Labs in 1982. (wikipedia.org)
- Water and electricity in the terminal were up and running. (taipeitimes.com)
- Tektronix graphics terminals used the earliest commercial implementation of HSL, in 1979. (wikipedia.org)
Claim 1 wherein3
- 4. The method of claim 1 wherein the computer comprises a first guest operating system and a second guest operating system, the method further comprising the steps of: assigning the first guest operating system to the first terminal. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 2. The terminal means of claim 1 wherein said photodetector means is a horizontally extending array. (google.ca)
- 3. The terminal means of claim 1 wherein said means for projecting an image of a fingerprint includes a rotating prism. (google.ca)
- A computer terminal is an electronic or electromechanical hardware device that can be used for entering data into, and transcribing data from, a computer or a computing system. (wikipedia.org)
- A computer system having a host computer and multiple terminals. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Also, a computer system where multiple operating systems are respectively used to control multiple displays. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Execution of flare system evaluations for all hot and cold storage terminals to determine if the flare systems meet operating regulations and guidelines and for making design and/or control system change recommendations to improve the flare systems operation as necessary. (processengr.com)
- Estimation of flare system fuel gas usage at a cold storage terminal in support of the client's environmental permitting efforts. (processengr.com)
- For example, Milgo recently sold a communications system using as modems and terminals for the New York State Police Department to facilitate the recovery of arrest and violation records of operators of cars stopped on the highways. (nytimes.com)
- With the Milgo system, the police radio the station, which then taps registration data onto its terminal. (nytimes.com)
- The IBM 1401, a computer system about the size of a two-car garage, could process about as much information as your cell phone - your ratty old cell phone from the 1980s, that is. (npr.org)
- If a computer system is available in the vicinity of the workshop venue, participants should be shown the system and, if possible, even be given an opportunity to work with it. (fao.org)
- The hardware components of a computer system consist of the input device through which data or instructions are entered, the output devices on which the processed results are presented, and between them a central processing unit (CPU), which receives data or instructions from input devices, processes them and returns the results to the output devices. (fao.org)
- Define and explain the terms used in a computer system. (fao.org)
- The last chapter discusses the advantages of the VOTRAX voice synthesizer and proposes a future version of the system with a time-sharing host computer. (unt.edu)
- A method, system, and computer program product are described for receiving a test result of a state of a subject and indicating an amount of a nutraceutical partly based on the test result and partly based on a regimen. (google.ca)
- Development of the RAND Tablet began with research on the Sketchpad , a system where the user could write commands for a computer directly on the tablet, conducted by Ivan Sutherland . (wikipedia.org)
- RAND partnered with IBM to create a system which could merge information either provided by user actions or generated by computers with information coming from other sources. (wikipedia.org)
- Users can work in the latest 2007 Microsoft Office system environment even when their computers have limited hard disk space, memory, or processing speed. (microsoft.com)
- Learn more about installing applications in the 2007 Office system in Deploy the 2007 Office system on a Terminal Services-enabled computer . (microsoft.com)
- Suppose you decide to stop using an ESET-protected computer with a Windows operating system, and get a new Mac. (eset.com)
- This study investigated the effect of monitor height and chair type on low back and neck muscle activity, perceived level of discomfort and posture shifts among visual display terminal operators. (ilo.org)
- Very stylish German engineered monitor which would have formed part of a Visual Display Unit for communicating with a distant mainframe computer. (electroprops.co.uk)
- Use our interactive tool to find and print disinfecting instructions for your Zebra mobile computer, printer or scanner. (zebra.com)
- New portable data terminal from TI:25 pounds. (computerhistory.org)
- The aim of the present study is to compare the accuracy in using laboratory data or clinical factors, or both, in predicting probability of dying within 7 days of hospice admission in terminal cancer patients. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- The 9600 industrial mobile computer provides all the options you need to accomplish efficient, accurate data capture in the field or on the sales floor. (codeware.cz)
- Commands or data would be typed on the keyboard & the computer would respond & send text back to be displayed on the screen either line by line or in large blocks. (electroprops.co.uk)
- Milgo is primarily a maker of modems, electrOnic devices that tienttate the transmission of computer data between remote points by converting the type of signal used by a computer into a different type of signal used by telephone networks and vice versa. (nytimes.com)
- Harz-Shop The Carton download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for series request entry is some data for a Manufacturing Process and Technology. (harzladen.de)
- Record meter readings and installation data on meter cards, work orders, or field service orders, or enter data into hand-held computers. (onetonline.org)
- These punched cards were then input to the computer as input to the experimental run, along with the raw data on the digital tape. (unt.edu)
- A program was written in IBM 360 Assembler Language to allow an online computer user to write data and directives on the RAND Tablet. (wikipedia.org)
- However, there is still work to be done before the computer can pass digitally-encoded data to such a device. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills such as: MS Office Suite and electronic medical record systems. (collegerecruiter.com)
- Cloud computing, also on-demand computing, is a kind of Internet-based computing that provides shared processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand. (conceptdraw.com)
- The Datapoint 3300 from Computer Terminal Corporation was announced in 1967 and shipped in 1969, making it one of the earliest stand-alone display-based terminals. (wikipedia.org)
- Students will then be able to work on laptop computers in the outdoor smoking area adjacent to the cafeteria. (baltimoresun.com)
- However, after logging into a Unix host (connected to the terminal through a serial port), the host could (via special escape sequences) load software to be executed by the processor of the terminal. (wikipedia.org)
- This software could make use of the terminal's full graphics capabilities and attached peripherals such as a computer mouse. (wikipedia.org)
- Development of computer process simulations using licensed commercial process simulation software and preparation of mass and energy balances and process flow diagrams (PFDs) for the refrigeration cycles at all cold storage terminals. (processengr.com)
- The lab runs new software on the terminal to check the code will work properly in orbit. (zdnet.com)
- 1. A brief introduction to computer hardware, software and applications development as a background to the identification of potential areas for the use of computers in the management of agricultural research. (fao.org)
- Show EXHIBIT 4 and initiate discussion on computer software. (fao.org)
- Software such as operating systems, computer language processors, general purpose packages and special purpose packages are systems types. (fao.org)
- Case studies have shown that a pricking sensation, itching and dermatitis on the face, after prolonged exposure to video display terminals, are probably due to electrostatic discharge between the skin of the worker and the screen. (ilo.org)
- The object is a video terminal with a 10.375 by 5.375 display screen (note the widescreen aspect ratio). (computerhistory.org)
- HC-1521IR Series is a high-end infotainment terminal with a 21.5 touch screen display. (netsoftme.com)
- Causes of Hand Tingling in Visual Display Terminal Workers. (painmuse.org)
- The tablet is connected to an input of a computer and/or an oscilloscope display. (wikipedia.org)
- The display would register the input and display it on the computer screen. (wikipedia.org)
- The tablet connects to the input channel of a general-purpose computer and to an oscilloscope display which controls the multiplexes of the pen position information. (wikipedia.org)
- Windows Terminal Services allows you to run Microsoft Windows-based programs on a server and display the programs remotely on client computers. (microsoft.com)
- Custom-designs keyboard/printer terminals that came later included the IBM 2741 (1965) and the DECwriter (1970). (wikipedia.org)
- I can't uncheck the 'Printers' option in Remote Desktop Client, because we need to redirect some real printers to Terminal Server on client login. (experts-exchange.com)
- My problem is I'm not out of cals and I can connect with every computer in the office using RDC except for one, even if I go into the terminal services management console and manually end every session leaving me with 15 open CALS I still can't connect with this one computer, this tells me it's on the client side not the server side. (experts-exchange.com)
- Taylor had three computer terminals in his office. (npr.org)
- The office houses a meeting/study area, resident director offices, and computer terminals with internet access. (studyabroad.com)
- By using Microsoft Windows Terminal Services, you can use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 without upgrading every computer in your organization. (microsoft.com)
- For example, you can install a single copy of Office Outlook 2007 on a Windows Terminal Services computer. (microsoft.com)
- and (h) subsequent to step (f), automatically assigning, by the computer, the third device as belonging to the first terminal. (freepatentsonline.com)
- The method further includes analyzing usage information regarding the VoIP subscriber terminal equipment and determining subscriber terminal device usage results. (google.com)
- The method also includes remotely querying the VoIP subscriber terminal device and determining subscriber terminal equipment state information. (google.com)
- The RAND Tablet is a graphical computer input device developed by The RAND Corporation . (wikipedia.org)
- The host computer (including any peripheral hubs or the like) has groups of at least three I/O ports (preferably USB ports) where the I/O ports of a single group are supposed to be used to connect I/O devices associated with a single terminal. (freepatentsonline.com)
- When connecting up a new terminal, after a user connects two I/O devices into a group and affirmatively indicates, by user input, that these belong to the same terminal, then further devices subsequently connected into the same group of I/O ports will be automatically assigned to the terminal previously indicated by the user. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 8 Ports 64 Sim Bank, Imei Auto Change and Generation, Sim Rotation manufacturer / supplier in China, offering Managed Through Computer Hyper Terminal (ET-8264) , 8 Ports 64 Sims GSM Gateway, 2.4G&5.8g 48V Poe Wireless Ceiling Ap WiFi Access Point, 100 Users Support, 1200Mbps Wireless Ap Ceiling WiFi Access Point and so on. (made-in-china.com)
- Alternatively, you can either reboot the server to close the sessions, or use Terminal Services Manager to manually end the sessions on the existing client's. (experts-exchange.com)
- 3. Knowledge of the management of computer services activities in institutions engaged in research activities. (fao.org)
- Instead of running Outlook locally, multiple users can connect to the server and run Outlook from the Windows Terminal Services computer. (microsoft.com)
- There are some limitations when you use Terminal Services with Outlook. (microsoft.com)
- For example, you cannot use Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode when you run Outlook on Windows Terminal Services. (microsoft.com)
- Features that rely on the OST (for example, Cached Exchange Mode and Offline mode) are not supported with Terminal Services. (microsoft.com)
- Adding stationery that was not included with Outlook as part of the Terminal Services installation. (microsoft.com)
- To establish the correct sound, first ensure that the audio is enabled on the Terminal Services computers. (microsoft.com)
- For more information, see HOW TO: Use Group Policy to Permit Users to Redirect and Play Audio in a Remote Desktop Session to Terminal Services in Windows Server 2003 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=105038) or You Do Not Hear Any Sound During a Terminal Server Session (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=105039). (microsoft.com)
- By default, Windows Terminal Services clients do not have write access to the registry on the Windows Terminal Services computer, except to the registry hive under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. (microsoft.com)
- and allocating the image of the mobile terminal to a corresponding category according to the clustering result. (sumobrain.com)
- all models Computer board plugs are standard to draw a schematic diagram of a real computer board plugs directly in the schematic annotation capabilities. (iberlibro.com)
- Terminals and modems coupled with any small computer constitute a communications network, something that is becoming more and more important. (nytimes.com)
- 0.05) that microbreaks had a positive effect on reducing discomfort in all areas studied during computer terminal work, particularly when breaks were taken at 20 min intervals. (nih.gov)
- any way, from my digging in the net i discover that terminal server need CALs to work. (experts-exchange.com)
- Now, during limited operations, much of UAB's mission-critical work is happening on thousands of computers - all of them not on campus. (uab.edu)
- Its new 'cyber cafe' -- 10 computer work stations in the cafeteria -- allows students to check e-mail, do homework or access the campus' Web resources while drinking coffee, eating dessert or talking with friends. (baltimoresun.com)
- designed for the FloBoss™107 flow computer and ROC800-Series remote operations controller to accurately measure and control water or steam delivered to injection wells. (pressreleasepoint.com)
- Engineering support for various operations associated with anhydrous ammonia (NH 3 NH3 ) pipeline systems which include transport lines, booster stations, hot and cold (cryogenic) storage facilities and terminal flare systems. (processengr.com)
- Process Engineering Associates, LLC ( PROCESS ) was contracted by the client to provide engineering support for various operations associated with these facilities as well as with the flare systems at the terminals. (processengr.com)
- Evaluation of the flare systems of two cold storage terminals that can potentially blow down static inventories of product to the flare during maintenance operations. (processengr.com)
- Lokale Internetwerbung - This download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for Terminal Operations in Finished Vehicle Supply Chains (Operations Research Computer Science is and provides the three variational works of password fields. (harzladen.de)
- Shrink Wrapper Market is a unattainable and Nordic download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for Terminal Operations in Finished on the rich uptime of the 21st Shrink Wrapper resolution with a survival on the faith. (harzladen.de)
- And I have Chevy Chase made well Eating to understand through to Chris Farley, according to exist him to now go a download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for Terminal Operations in Finished Vehicle at where his Page arrived applying and what would backfire to him. (harzladen.de)
- If the download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for Terminal Operations in Finished Vehicle Supply is, please understand us delete. (harzladen.de)
- What download The Management of Transshipment Terminals: Decision Support for Terminal Operations in Finished Vehicle Supply Chains (Operations Research Computer Science Interfaces is fruit need on istorie and Different manner? (harzladen.de)
- LightPioneer's handheld terminal(LP-006) helps automatically captures passengers' information, in case passengers get on the wrong car. (lightpioneer.com)
- The alternative universe has advanced considerably when it comes to technology, with advanced handheld, touchscreen computers on a pane of glass. (syfy.com)
- The most common term used to describe these devices is Mobile Computer . (carolinabarcode.com)
- Chapters of the thesis consider the audio response technology, some characteristics of Phonetic English Speech, configuration of hardware, and describe the PHONO computer program which was developed. (unt.edu)
- Egon, Romulus, and Ray crowded around the computer screen. (angelfire.com)
- This thesis describes the design and implementation of a VOTRAX terminal for use with the Fairchild F24 computer. (unt.edu)
- How to prevent loading XPS Document Writer printer from local computer to Terminal Server 2003? (experts-exchange.com)
- A related development was timesharing systems, which evolved in parallel and made up for any inefficiencies of the user's typing ability with the ability to support multiple users on the same machine, each at their own terminal/terminals. (wikipedia.org)
- Normally, users would load the window systems mpx (or its successor mux), which replaced the terminal's user interface by a mouse-driven windowing interface, with multiple terminal windows all multiplexed over the single available serial-line connection to the host. (wikipedia.org)
- Evaluation of compressor building ventilation systems at all cold storage terminals to determine that adequate ventilation was present to prevent lower explosive limit (LEL) excursions. (processengr.com)
- Methods, systems, and computer readable media for remotely evaluating and controlling VoIP subscriber terminal equipment using test calls, status queries, and usage statistics are disclosed. (google.com)
- If participants are already familiar with computers, it is desirable to focus on the important managerial issues which arise in the context of systems development and maintenance. (fao.org)
- Observe that stand-alone, inexpensive systems such as personal computers (PCs) are becoming increasingly widespread because of ease of use, convenience and low cost. (fao.org)
- The current trend is to interconnect a number of low-cost, mini-computer systems based on advanced micro processor chips, as multi-terminal systems. (fao.org)
- The Internet is a worldwide public internetwork, which allows computers to communicate with each other even though they may have different manufacturers and different operating systems. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- Unilicense covers most popular computer, smartphone and tablet and File Server operating systems, allowing to mix and match endpoint protection among the below mentioned devices. (eset.com)
- But 40 years ago Thursday, the first communication over a computer network called ARPANET was sent - a message that said simply "lo. (npr.org)
- communication via computer terminals. (trademarkia.com)
- A terminal degree from an accredited university in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or other relevant field of study is required by July 1, 2021. (coroflot.com)
- An internetwork is a network of networks, composed of terminals, switches and communication media. (nottingham.ac.uk)
- The remote session was disconnected because there are no terminal server client access licenses available for this computer' the thing that really gets me though is that if I connect with another machine it connects just fine. (experts-exchange.com)
- Early terminals were inexpensive devices but very slow compared to punched cards or paper tape for input, but as the technology improved and video displays were introduced, terminals pushed these older forms of interaction from the industry. (wikipedia.org)
- 2. An understanding of application areas and a framework for the use of computers as a management tool for agricultural research. (fao.org)
- Use a straight-through cable with 9-pin male to 9-pin female connectors in order to connect the COM 1 or COM 2 port on your computer to the RS-232 port on the AP. (cisco.com)
- CipherLab RS50 series is a new touch mobile computer, which is well-balanced between ruggedness and user-friendly form factor to deliver superior user experience. (codeware.cz)
- The method further includes determining, based on the subscriber terminal equipment test call results, the subscriber terminal equipment usage results, and the subscriber terminal equipment state information, whether to initiate a remote control action for the VoIP subscriber terminal equipment and in response to determining to initiate a remote control action, initiating the remote control action to effect a change in state of the VoIP subscriber terminal equipment. (google.com)
- Next, configure the settings for remote computer sound on the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client, as shown in the following procedure. (microsoft.com)
- In the Remote Computer Sound section, click Bring to this Computer in the drop-down list. (microsoft.com)
- TOPSIM, a terminal simulation package developed at M.I.T., was used to simulate Tampa's landside terminal and to study its capacity-congestion characteristics as traffic levels increase. (mit.edu)
- On a recent afternoon at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif., a few old-timers got the IBM 1401 up and running. (npr.org)