Therapeutic practices which are not currently considered an integral part of conventional allopathic medical practice. They may lack biomedical explanations but as they become better researched some (PHYSICAL THERAPY MODALITIES; DIET; ACUPUNCTURE) become widely accepted whereas others (humors, radium therapy) quietly fade away, yet are important historical footnotes. Therapies are termed as Complementary when used in addition to conventional treatments and as Alternative when used instead of conventional treatment.
Systems of medicine based on cultural beliefs and practices handed down from generation to generation. The concept includes mystical and magical rituals (SPIRITUAL THERAPIES); PHYTOTHERAPY; and other treatments which may not be explained by modern medicine.
A province of Canada on the Pacific coast. Its capital is Victoria. The name given in 1858 derives from the Columbia River which was named by the American captain Robert Gray for his ship Columbia which in turn was named for Columbus. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p178 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p81-2)
A province of western Canada, lying between the provinces of British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Its capital is Edmonton. It was named in honor of Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, the fourth daughter of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p26 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p12)
Quality of Life
National Health Programs
Persons functioning as natural, adoptive, or substitute parents. The heading includes the concept of parenthood as well as preparation for becoming a parent.
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
It is a form of protection provided by law. In the United States this protection is granted to authors of original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. (from Circular of the United States Copyright Office, 6/30/2008)
Product Line Management
The use of fragrances and essences from plants to affect or alter a person's mood or behavior and to facilitate physical, mental, and emotional well-being. The chemicals comprising essential oils in plants has a host of therapeutic properties and has been used historically in Africa, Asia, and India. Its greatest application is in the field of alternative medicine. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed; from Dr. Atiba Vheir, Dove Center, Washington, D.C.)
Parasitic plants that form a bushy growth on branches of host trees which are in the order Santalales. It includes the Christmas mistletoe family (VISCACEAE), the showy mistletoe family (LORANTHACEAE) and the catkin mistletoe family (Eremolepidaceae). The composition of toxins, lectins, tyramine, phenethylamines, and other compounds may be affected by the host.
Exploring self-care and wellness: a model for pharmacist compensation by managed care organizations. (1/1160)Self-care and wellness are rapidly becoming mainstays of practice for many pharmacists. Consumer confidence and trust in pharmacists provides continuing opportunities for pharmacists to create products and services to satisfy consumer demands related to disease prevention and healthcare delivery. We outline two pharmacy wellness programs designed to meet consumer needs, and offer them as models for pharmacists. Issues related to the program and extent of involvement by pharmacists are raised, including the role of the pharmacists in behavior modification efforts; selecting areas of focus (e.g., smoking cessation); working with physicians for referrals; enlightening community business leaders and managed care organizations to the economic benefits of the program; and developing strategies for fair purchase of services to achieve program goals and provide adequate compensation in return. (+info)
Huge court fight may be in offing as Ontario college considers penalty for maverick MD. (2/1160)Physicians who practise alternative medicine are paying close attention to the case of an Ontario physician who was found guilty of professional misconduct. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario says it is simply doing its job. (+info)
Migraine headaches: nutritional, botanical and other alternative approaches. (3/1160)Migraine headaches are an increasingly common health problem with a wide range of potential etiological factors. Stress, food allergies, neuroendocrine imbalances and nutritional deficiencies all may contribute to migraine attacks. Many nutritional and botanical therapies aim to reduce migraine incidence by decreasing platelet aggregation and preventing the release of vasoactive neurotransmitters, and avoiding triggering foods. This article reviews much of the research on nutritional, botanical, dietary, and other alternative approaches to the treatment and prevention of migraines. (+info)
Use of complementary therapies by patients attending musculoskeletal clinics. (4/1160)Patients with musculoskeletal disorders commonly seek treatment outside orthodox medicine (complementary therapy). In patients attending hospital clinics we investigated the prevalence of such behaviour and the reasons for it. Patients attending rheumatology and orthopaedic clinics who agreed to participate were interviewed on the same day by means of a structured questionnaire in three sections: the first section about demographic characteristics; the second about the nature and duration of the complaint, the length of any treatment and whether the patient was satisfied with conventional treatment; and the third about the use of complementary medicine, the types of therapy that had been considered and the reasoning behind these decisions. The data were examined by univariate and bivariate analysis as well as logistic regression multivariate analysis. 166 patients were interviewed (99% response rate) and the predominant diagnosis was rheumatoid arthritis (22.3%). 109 patients (63%) were satisfied with conventional medical treatment; 63 (38%) had considered the use of complementary therapies, and 47 (28%) had tried such a therapy. 26 of the 47 who had used complementary therapy said they had gained some benefit. Acupuncture, homoeopathy, osteopathy and herbal medicine were the most popular types of treatment to be considered. Patients of female gender (P = 0.009) and patients who had expressed dissatisfaction with current therapies (P = 0.01) were most likely to have considered complementary medicine. These results indicate substantial use of complementary therapy in patients attending musculoskeletal disease clinics. The reasons for dissatisfaction with orthodox treatment deserve further investigation, as does the effectiveness of complementary treatments, which must be demonstrated before they are integrated with orthodox medical practice. (+info)
The economics of migraine. Based on a presentation by Stuart O. Schweitzer, PhD. (5/1160)Migraine headaches produce an enormous financial burden on society, primarily because of their high incidence among people in the middle of their careers. Migraine-related indirect costs, which constitute more than three quarters of the total economic burden of this disease, include both lost work time and diminished work capacity. Direct costs of migraine, which run into the billions of dollars, are attributable mainly to clinic and emergency room visits but also to drug treatments and alternative care. Several studies have documented the efficacy of pharmaceutical agents versus placebo, but good comparative studies and economic studies are rare. Development of rational prescribing guidelines and reimbursement policies will depend on analysis of such studies. (+info)
Use of alternative medicine by women with early-stage breast cancer. (6/1160)BACKGROUND: We analyzed the use of alternative medicine by women who had received standard therapy for early-stage breast cancer diagnosed between September 1993 and September 1995. METHODS: A cohort of 480 patients with newly diagnosed early-stage breast cancer was recruited from a Massachusetts statewide cohort of women participating in a study of how women choose treatment for cancer. Alternative medical treatments, conventional therapies, and health-related quality of life were examined. RESULTS: New use of alternative medicine after surgery for breast cancer was common (reported by 28.1 percent of the women); such use was not associated with choices about standard medical therapies after we controlled for clinical and sociodemographic variables. A total of 10.6 percent of the women had used alternative medicine before they were given a diagnosis of breast cancer. Women who initiated the use of alternative medicine after surgery reported a worse quality of life than women who never used alternative medicine. Mental health scores were similar at base line among women who decided to use alternative medicine and those who did not, but three months after surgery the use of alternative medicine was independently associated with depression, fear of recurrence of cancer, lower scores for mental health and sexual satisfaction, and more physical symptoms as well as symptoms of greater intensity. All groups of women reported improving quality of life one year after surgery. CONCLUSIONS: Among women with newly diagnosed early-stage breast cancer who had been treated with standard therapies, new use of alternative medicine was a marker of greater psychosocial distress and worse quality of life. (+info)
A review of nutrients and botanicals in the integrative management of cognitive dysfunction. (7/1160)Dementias and other severe cognitive dysfunction states pose a daunting challenge to existing medical management strategies. An integrative, early intervention approach seems warranted. Whereas, allopathic treatment options are highly limited, nutritional and botanical therapies are available which have proven degrees of efficacy and generally favorable benefit-to-risk profiles. This review covers five such therapies: phosphatidylserine (PS), acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC), vinpocetine, Ginkgo biloba extract (GbE), and Bacopa monniera (Bacopa). PS is a phospholipid enriched in the brain, validated through double-blind trials for improving memory, learning, concentration, word recall, and mood in middle-aged and elderly subjects with dementia or age-related cognitive decline. PS has an excellent benefit-to-risk profile. ALC is an energizer and metabolic cofactor which also benefits various cognitive functions in the middle-aged and elderly, but with a slightly less favorable benefit-to-risk profile. Vinpocetine, found in the lesser periwinkle Vinca minor, is an excellent vasodilator and cerebral metabolic enhancer with proven benefits for vascular-based cognitive dysfunction. Two meta-analyses of GbE demonstrate the best preparations offer limited benefits for vascular insufficiencies and even more limited benefits for Alzheimer's, while "commodity" GbE products offer little benefit, if any at all. GbE (and probably also vinpocetine) is incompatible with blood-thinning drugs. Bacopa is an Ayurvedic botanical with apparent anti-anxiety, anti-fatigue, and memory-strengthening effects. These five substances offer interesting contributions to a personalized approach for restoring cognitive function, perhaps eventually in conjunction with the judicious application of growth factors. (+info)
Hepatitis C: epidemiology and review of complementary/alternative medicine treatments. (8/1160)Hepatitis C is emerging as a serious worldwide problem. In the United States the current mortality figures may triple in the next ten years, rivaling HIV. The disease has a latency of 10-30 years and symptoms or signs may not appear until cirrhosis is evident. Adequate diagnosis, including liver biopsy, is essential in assessing the current stage of the viral infection and the need for treatment. Hepatitis C may manifest as hepatic fibrosis, cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, lichen planus, glomerulonephritis, mixed cryoglobulinemia, or porphyria. The hepatic damage is due both to the cytopathic effect of the virus and the inflammatory changes secondary to immune activation. The use of the botanical components glycyrrhizin, catechin, silymarin and phytosterols, and the antioxidants N-acetylcysteine and vitamin E are reviewed for their efficacy in treating chronic hepatitis and affecting liver damage. (+info)
Which Type Of Complementary Alternative Medicine Systems Best Suits For Men? - Alternative Medicine
If take these type of herbs regularly, it can cure the ailments that men encounter everyday.. Like a woman, men also have some stress and emotions in their minds. Complementary alternative medicine methods which are listed above have the power to do this in the most natural way.. Mens health is totally different from womens health. However, the same treatments can be used in a different manner to balance the health condition. Search for a best practitioner to assist you in your seek for alternative healing methods.. Make sure that the complementary alternative medicine that you are using is correct for your medical condition. The methods may vary for men and women. By using the correct treatment method you can observe amazing results. ...
infoholix.net - Complementary Alternative Medicine International
International Directory of Complementary Alternative Medicine accepts submissions at no costs from therapists of holistic preventive natural integrative medicine. Acupressure to Zen, over 70 therapies.
infoholix.net - Complementary Alternative Medicine International
International Directory of Complementary Alternative Medicine accepts submissions at no costs from therapists of holistic preventive natural integrative medicine. Acupressure to Zen, over 70 therapies.
Min Park RN - Englewood, CO Alternative Medicine Practitioner - Pain Management in Colorado
Min Park RN is a Alternative Medicine Practitioner practicing at Eastern Elements Acupuncture Clinic in Englewood, CO treating Cancer Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, CRPS/RSD, Diabetic Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Low Back Pain, Lupus, Lyme Disease, Migraine and Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neck Pain, Osteoarthritis, Pelvic Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Post-herpetic Neuralgia, Post-surgical Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sports Injuries, TMJ Disorders and Visceral Pain
Alternative Health courses in Kent | Emagister
Alternative Health Courses in Kent. Search for the most up-to-date Alternative Health course offers on Emagister. Information on a wide variety of Alternative Health courses across the UK in just one click
Complementary & Alternative Medicine Use in HIV+ Latinos in the US-Mexico Border - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
The goal of The investigators community-based participatory research study is to identify the nature and extent of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among HIV-positive Latinos on the San Diego/Tijuana border. CAM use among US Latinos living with HIV is associated with delayed utilization of and poor adherence to antiretroviral therapies (ARVs) that may exacerbate health disparities in HIV care access and health outcomes. This study will lead to development of culturally-effective interventions to improve access and adherence to HIV care in Latinos who face health disparities. The investigators hypothesis is that greater use of CAM will be observed among HIV-positive Latinos who report a) crossing the U.S. border more frequently, and b) having migrated to Tijuana or San Diego (e.g. from southern Mexico). The investigators also hypothesize that compared to HIV-positive Latinos who report using herbal CAM, those who do not use herbal CAM are more likely to be receiving ARVs and ...
The Effect of Integrated CAM Treatment in Hospitalized Patients - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
This study investigates the effect of hospital-based intensive non-surgical treatment in musculoskeletal patients admitted to an integrated hospital that offers both complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and conventional medicine treatment.. Inpatients received treatment according to a CAM treatment protocol (herbal medicine, acupuncture, bee venom pharmacopuncture, and Chuna manipulation) and conventional medicine treatment as needed. The main outcome measures were the duration of pain, NRS of back pain, radiating leg pain, neck pain, radiating arm pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, previous surgery, previous interventions (injections), Oswestry Disability Index (ODI), Vernon-Mior Neck Disability Index, the Korean Western Ontario McMaster Index, Shoulder Pain and Disability Index, range of motion (ROM), Straight leg raise test (SLR), alcohol use, smoking, exercise at admission, 2 weeks, and discharge. ...
Complementary / Alternative Medicine Doctors in India - Page 2
Full contact details of 107 qualified Complementary Medicine Doctors / Alternative Medicine Doctors or Search from 81 different category of specialist doctors in India - Page 2
Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use in Chronic Liver Disease Patients<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use in Chronic Liver Disease Patients. AU - Ferrucci, Leah M.. AU - Bell, Beth P.. AU - Dhotre, Kathy B.. AU - Manos, M. Michele. AU - Terrault, Norah A.. AU - Zaman, Atif. AU - Murphy, Rosemary C.. AU - VanNess, Grace R.. AU - Thomas, Ann R.. AU - Bialek, Stephanie R.. AU - Desai, Mayur M.. AU - Sofair, Andre N.. PY - 2010/2. Y1 - 2010/2. N2 - To examine a wide range of sociodemographic and clinical characteristics as potential predictors of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among chronic liver disease (CLD) patients, with a focus on CAM therapies with the greatest potential for hepatotoxicity and interactions with conventional treatments. There is some evidence that patients with CLD commonly use CAM to address general and CLD-specific health concerns.. AB - To examine a wide range of sociodemographic and clinical characteristics as potential predictors of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among chronic liver ...
General practitioners knowledge and practice of complementary/alternative medicine and its relationship with life-styles: a...
This paper reports the findings of a large population-based survey on the knowledge, recommendation and practice of CAM among GPs in Tuscany. Unlike previous studies, the random sampling strategy and the high response rate ensure that the sample is representative and that the results can be generalised. Tuscany is one central region of the country where the populations use of CAM, which in Italy decreases gradually from the North to the South of the country , is similar to the national average . Should the same geographical gradient apply to physicians, our findings may be considered indicative of GPs level of knowledge and behaviours regarding CAM throughout the entire country.. In the present study over half of the respondents reported to recommend CAM to their patients while a far smaller fraction (13%) acted as CAM practitioners themselves. Published figures on the practice of CAM by primary care physicians vary greatly across countries, ranging from 8%  and 13% in Israel ; ...
Policy Implications of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use in Australia: Data from the National Health Survey -...
Objectives: The objective of this study was to investigate the drivers of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use in the general population in Australia and to identify key policy implications. Data and methods: The National Health Survey 2007/2008, a representative survey of the Australian population, provides information on CAM use (practitioners and products) in the last 12 months. All adult respondents (N=15,779) aged 18 years or older are included in this study. Logistic regression is employed to determine the effect of socio-economic, condition-specific, health behavior variables, and private health insurance status on CAM use. Results: In addition to socio-economic variables known to affect CAM use, individuals who have a chronic condition, particularly a mental health condition, are more likely to use CAM. There does not appear to be a correlation between CAM use and more frequent General Practitioner use; however, ancillary private health insurance is correlated with a greater ...
Insurance Coverage and Subsequent Utilization of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Providers
This page contains the abstract: Insurance Coverage and Subsequent Utilization of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Providers http://www.chiro.org/alt_med_abstracts/ABSTRACTS/Insurance_Coverage_and_Subsequent_Utilization.shtml
Alternative Health Sites - Top20Sites.com
Looking for Alternative Health Sites? Top20Sites.com is the leading directory of popular Home Remedies, Body Scan, Alternative Health, & Energetic Nutrition sites.
Alternative Medicine Practitioners in Hamlyn Terrace | True Local
Find practitioners in Hamlyn Terrace who are experts in alternative medicine treatments for a wide range of ailments with reviews on True Local.
Internal Medicine Complementary/Alternative Medicine
Patients with metabolic syndrome and high-normal BP who participated in 1 year of yoga training had increased anti-inflammatory adipokine and decreased proinflammatory adipokines compared with nonparticipants, according to a study published in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.. These findings help to reveal the response of adipokines to long-term yoga exercise, which underpins the importance of regular exercise to human health, Parco Siu, BSc, MPhil, PhD, associate professor in the division of community medicine and public health practice at The University of Hong Kong School of Public Health, said in a press release. ...
Substitutes or Complements? Diagnosis and Treatment with non-Conventional and Conventional Medicine
Background Portugal has a strong tradition of conventional western healthcare. So it provides a natural case study for the relationship between Complementary/Alternative Medicine (CAM) and Western Medicine (WM). This work aims to test the relationship between CAM and WM users in the diagnosis and treatment stages and to estimate the determinants of CAM choice. Methods The forth Portuguese National Health Survey is employed to estimate two single probit models and obtain the correlation between the consumption of CAM and WM medicines in the diagnosis and treatment stages. Results Firstly, both in the diagnosis and the treatment stage, CAM and WM are seen to be complementary choices for individuals. Secondly, self-medication also shows complementarity with the choice of CAM treatment. Thirdly, education has a non-linear relationship with the choice of CAM. Finally, working status, age, smoking and chronic disease are determinant factors in the decision to use CAM. Conclusion The results of this work
Whats wrong with complementary medicine? - What alternative health practitioners might not tell you
What alternative health practitioners might not tell you. Giving a voice of reason in response to the substantial amount of uncritical media coverage currently being given to alternative medicine.
Clinical, demographic and psychosocial correlates of complementary and alternative medicine use by men diagnosed with localized...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Clinical, demographic and psychosocial correlates of complementary and alternative medicine use by men diagnosed with localized prostate cancer. AU - Diefenbach, Michael A.. AU - Hamrick, Natalie. AU - Uzzo, Robert. AU - Pollack, Alan. AU - Horwitz, Eric. AU - Greenberg, Richard. AU - Engstrom, Paul F.. PY - 2003/7/1. Y1 - 2003/7/1. N2 - Purpose: We examined complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among men who received standard therapy for localized prostate cancer. Materials and Methods: A total of 417 men completed a questionnaire 6 months after their treatment decision assessing clinical and psychosocial variables and use of 41 available CAM therapies grouped into the 2 general categories of herbal/dietary and nonherbal (ie mind-body, bioelectromagnetic, traditional/folk medicine, pharmacological/biological). Results: The prostate cancer diagnosis prompted 19% of our sample to start using some form of CAM for prostate health, and 67% of men reported having used some ...
Alternative Health Care for Heart Disease: 5 Alternative Options - Alternative Medicine
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease can be described as a whole class of diseases that relate to or involve the heart and/ or the related blood vessels (including arteries, veins and capillaries).The cardiovascular diseases affect the cardiovascular system of the body and the causes for these diseases are of varied kinds or types.. But the major sections of these diseases are associated with hypertension and atherosclerosis as the causes. Also the physiological and morphological changes with aging also lead to rise in risk of heart diseases. There are multiple medicinal ways to prevent the heart diseases and to care for ones heart. Also most of the diseases have a cure either in form of medicine or some surgery.. But many people are becoming averse to getting such treatments or turning to medicine to care for their cardiovascular health. These people prefer alternative health care methods for heart diseases.. ...
Benefits of Alternative Cancer Treatments For Stomach Cancer | healthise.com™
vomiting, with or without blood. There are different types of stomach cancer.. Adenocarcinomas account for 95 percent of all stomach cancers. It is found in the stomachs innermost lining. Lymphoma is an aggressive stomach cancer found on the immune system tissues in the stomach wall. Carcinoid tumors account for a small percentage of stomach cancer and originate in the hormone-producing cells of the stomach. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors, also called GISTs, are rare tumors that can develop in other places besides the stomach; however, the most common location for GISTs is indeed the stomach.. The doctors at New Hope Medical Center will work to create an alternative cancer treatment for patients with stomach cancer. More than 50 years of experience has helped the team at New Hope develop the New Hope Treatment Method, an alternative cancer treatment focused on individualized care. A specialized regimen allows for optimum patient care. The staff at the New Hope alternative cancer treatment ...
Alternative Cancer Treatment In Mombasa, Alternative Cancer Treatment Hospital Cost Mombasa
Know the cost of Alternative Cancer Treatment in Mombasa. HEALGURU INDIA is associated with best Alternative Cancer Treatment Hospital in Mombasa and top surgeons in Mombasa. Book your appointment now
Video] Chiropractic Neck Manipulation: Dangers and Death - What alternative health practitioners might not tell you
What alternative health practitioners might not tell you. Giving a voice of reason in response to the substantial amount of uncritical media coverage currently being given to alternative medicine.
Alternative Health, Holistic Medicine Cape Town, Holistic Integrative Health Cape Town - Dr Herman Spies
Alternative Health, Holistic Integrative Health, Acupuncture, Homeopath, Ozone Suana Treatment, Intra-Venous Drp Therapy, Quantec Electro-Magnetic Scan, Electro Interstitial Scan - EIS, Rife Treatment, Natural Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Cancer treatment, Chinese Medicine, Detoxification, Green Medicine, Bemer Treatment, Lymph Drinage, Heavy Metal Detoxification, Chronic Disease, Inflammation Treatment
Integrative Medicine, Complementary Alternative Medicine and Health Round-up #49: November 2011 - Healthy.net
Summary: Integrative community dialogue on board certified integrative MDs and the direction of integrative medicine … Congressional Wellness Caucus established with bipartisan backing … Obama names Kahn and Ornish to Advisory Group for National Prevention Council … IHPCs Partners for Health group expands … Integrative medicine not featured at TEDMED 2011, moves to the Beltway in 2012 … Knutson urges response to US Preventive Medicine Task Force … Dartmouth researcher Davis breaks down $$$ in CAM market … Bastyr reports $136-million of economic impact … CHP Group offers case statement for CAM integration … Steiner Leisure purchases Cortiva Group … Sabin on role of philanthropy in integrative medicine … Chesney in line to chair conventional academic consortium … Acupuncturist Beau Anderson gains faculty appointment at Albert Einstein … Taylor Walsh adds perspective on debate over whether alternative medicine killed Steve Jobs … IAYTs John Kepner addresses the Group ...
Change Gene Expression and Increase Glutathione with Relaxation Techniques | Genetic Genie
Managing stress with relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or biofeedback are things we sometimes ignore when facing a chronic illness. After all, how much can these relaxation techniques really help? I know that question goes through my mind at times. Even though practicing relaxation techniques can feel like a waste of time, practicing them can actually turn genes on and off.. Relaxation techniques change your gene expression. Dr. Herbert Benson did a study comparing 16 people who have regularly evoked the relaxation response for an average of 9 years to 19 people that didnt use these techniques.. The human body has about 30,000 genes. Dr. Bensons experiment found that roughly 2,000 genes differed in expression between groups. Many genes that triggered inflammation and cell death were turned off in the group that regularly practiced relaxation techniques. However, this deactivation doesnt appear to be permanent. The daily practice of relaxation techniques such as meditation is ...
Reflexology Research | Reflexology Research For Gallbladder
Reflexology Research for Gallbladder, gall stones, cholecystitis, cholelithes, foot reflexology, reflex zone, gallbladder, cholecystopathy, ascariasis, biliary tract, digestive system, common bile duct, jaundice, courtesy of the American Academy of Reflexology, your complete source for Beginning, Professional Reflexology Certification, and Continuing Education classes, foot reflexology, hand reflexology, ear reflexology, reflexology courses, reflexology workshops, reflexology certification, Reflexology School Los Angeles, Los Angeles Reflexology School, Reflexology School CA, Reflexology School California, Reflexology School USA.
Reflexology Research For Constipation, Colon, Colitis
Reflexology Research for Constipation, chronic constipation, colitis, colon, Pediatric Chronic Constipation, Encopresis, Stool Leakage, studies from around the world, courtesy of the American Academy of Reflexology, your complete source for Beginning, Professional Reflexology Certification, and Continuing Education classes, foot reflexology, hand reflexology, ear reflexology, reflexology courses, reflexology workshops, reflexology certification, Reflexology School Los Angeles, Los Angeles Reflexology School, Reflexology School CA, Reflexology School California, Reflexology School USA.
Alternative Health Products Homeopathy information from the Medical Equipme
Remedies and kits searchable by topic, symptom, or keyword. Also offers in depth information regarding homeopathy and its uses. Alternative Health Products Homeopathy
Relaxation techniques - Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Arias AJ, Steinberg K, Banga A, Trestman RL. Systematic review of the efficacy of meditation techniques as treatments for medical illness. J Altern Complement Med. 2006;12(8):817-32. Bertisch SM, Wells RE, Smith MT, McCarthy EP. Use of relaxation techniques and complementary and alternative medicine by American adults with insomnia symptoms: results from a national survery. J Clin Sleep Med. 2012;8(6):681-91. Cahn BR, Polich J. Meditation states and traits: EEG, ERP, and neuroimaging studies. Psychol Bull. 2006;132(2):180-211. Campos de Carvalho E, Martins FT, dos Santos CB. A pilot study of a relaxation technique for management of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy. Cancer Nurs. 2007;30(2):163-7. Davis JM, Fleming MF, Bonus KA, Baker TB. A pilot study on mindfulness based stress reduction for smokers. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007;7:2. Diezemann A. Relaxation techniques for chronic pain. Schmerz. 2011;25(4):445-53. Ersser S, Latter S, Sibley A, Satherley P, ...
Southend Reflexology & Alternative Therapies, Home Visits Available - Local Treatments For Stress Aches Back Pain Pregnancy
Stress, Relaxation, Hot Stone Reflexology, Reflexology Treatments Home Visits Available, Fertility Reflexology,Pregnancy Reflexology, Aroma-Reflexology,Spinal Reflexology,Reflexology Southend, Southend Reflexology, Essex Reflexology, Local Reflexolgist
Homeopathy and the 10:23 Campaign « The Merseyside Skeptics Society
On January 30th, 2010, at exactly 10:23am, large groups of skeptics will gather in the town centres of around a dozen cities in the UK and consume a full bottle of homeopathic pills, in order to demonstrate the ineffectiveness of homeopathy. Marsh explains why…. Homeopathy in the UK is alarmingly pervasive - setting aside the fact that the industry is worth an estimated £40million per year, the National Health Service actually plows £4million per year of taxpayers money into providing sugar pills as a Complementary Alternative Medicine - much of which goes into the upkeep of the four government-run homeopathic hospitals. That figure doesnt even take into account the £20 million spent on the redevelopment of the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital. According to the British Homeopathy Association, more than 400 GPs regularly refer patients to homeopaths. Homeopathy is everywhere. And then we have the UKs leading pharmacy, Boots…. Boots are as much a British national institution as the ...
Survey of CAM interest, self-care, and satisfaction with health care for type 2 diabetes at group health cooperative | BMC...
Very little research has explored the factors that influence interest in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) treatments. We surveyed persons with sub-optimally controlled type 2 diabetes to evaluate potential relationships between interest in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) treatments, current self-care practices, motivation to improve self-care practices and satisfaction with current health care for diabetes. 321 patients from a large integrated healthcare system with type 2 diabetes, who were not using insulin and had hemoglobin A1c values between 7.5-9.5%, were telephoned between 2009-2010 and asked about their self-care behaviors, motivation to change, satisfaction with current health care and interest in trying naturopathic (ND) care for their diabetes. Responses from patients most interested in trying ND care were compared with those from patients with less interest. 219 (68.5%) patients completed the survey. Nearly half (48%) stated they would be very likely to try ND care
Anselm Adodo - Wikipedia
Adodo Anselm Gbenga (born 1969) is a Nigerian scholar who is a pioneer of Alternative medicine in Africa. He is also Benedictine monk and priest of the Roman Catholic Church in Edo state Nigeria. He founded Nigerias first Alternative medicine and research laboratory enterprise in Nigeria known as Pax Herbal Clinic and Research Laboratories in 1997. He started the herbal enterprise as a little herbal clinic venture in Ewu Monastery meant to offer herbal remedy to common ailments like cough and malaria to nearby villagers. Successes with treated patients meant information about the nascent herbal clinic at the monastery quickly spread to surrounding towns and beyond in a short space of time. Adodo joined the Ewu Monastery in 1987 where he continues to live, pray, work, and study as a monk and an Alternative Medicine practitioner. As a writer, he has written several books on Alternative Medicine, Nutrition and Health, and Epidemiology. Adodo was born in his family home to a Yoruba family in Akure, ...
Systematic reviews of complementary therapies - an annotated bibliography. Part 1: Acupuncture - White Rose Research Online
Background Complementary therapies are widespread but controversial. We aim to provide a comprehensive collection and a summary of systematic reviews of clinical trials in three major complementary therapies (acupuncture, herbal medicine, homeopathy). This article is dealing with acupuncture. Potentially relevant reviews were searched through the register of the Cochrane Complementary Medicine Field, the Cochrane Library, Medline, and bibliographies of articles and books. To be included articles had to review prospective clinical trials of acupuncture; had to describe review methods explicitly; had to be published; and had to focus on treatment effects. Information on conditions, interventions, methods, results and conclusions was extracted using a pretested form and summarized descriptively. Results From a total of 48 potentially relevant reviews preselected in a screeening process 39 met the inclusion criteria. 22 were on various pain syndromes or rheumatic diseases. Other topics addressed by ...
FROM THE AAN: A New Evidence-Based Guideline on Complementar... : Neurology Today
The AAN has published a comprehensive review of the state of evidence for complementary and alternative medicine therapies for multiple sclerosis.. Despite the growing number of disease-modifying therapies for multiple sclerosis (MS), a major gap remains when it comes to treatments that are both safe and effective in the long term. So it is no surprise that many MS patients turn to complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) to try to reduce the disease burden. These treatments, however, are not without their own unique risks - especially since CAM is largely unregulated and inadequately studied.. In order to provide guidance to neurologists and their patients, the AAN Guideline Development Subcommittee conducted a comprehensive review of the available literature (from 1970 to 2013) on CAM therapies for MS. The review appeared in the March 25 issue of Neurology.. The AAN recognized that people with MS tend to use CAM therapy quite frequently, but that there was a lack of scientifically ...
November 2011 John Weeks Integrator Round-up - Integrative Practitioner
Integrative Medicine, Complementary Alternative Medicine and Health Round-up, November 2011 By John Weeks www.theintegratorblog.com Integrative Medicine,
Alternative Medicine Braintree MA - alternative medicine, Braintree MA complementary medicine, Braintree MA massage therapy,...
Your Braintree alternative medicine information resource for those looking for alternate forms of treatment or healthcare. Find the local information and resources you need in Braintree, MA. Whether youre looking for Braintree acupressure specialists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, traditional Chinese medicine specialists, holistic medicine, or content on and kind of alternative medicine, this page will help you get the information you are searching for.
Alternative Medicine Brentwood TN - alternative medicine, Brentwood TN complementary medicine, Brentwood TN massage therapy,...
Your Brentwood alternative medicine information resource for those looking for alternate forms of treatment or healthcare. Find the local information and resources you need in Brentwood, TN. Whether youre looking for Brentwood acupressure specialists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, traditional Chinese medicine specialists, holistic medicine, or content on and kind of alternative medicine, this page will help you get the information you are searching for.
Relaxation technique - Wikipedia
A relaxation technique (also known as relaxation training) is any method, process, procedure, or activity that helps a person to relax; to attain a state of increased calmness; or otherwise reduce levels of pain, anxiety, stress or anger. Relaxation techniques are often employed as one element of a wider stress management program and can decrease muscle tension, lower the blood pressure and slow heart and breath rates, among other health benefits. People respond to stress in different ways, namely, by becoming overwhelmed, depressed or both. Yoga, QiGong, Taiji, and Pranayama that includes deep breathing tend to calm people who are overwhelmed by stress, while rhythmic exercise improves the mental and physical health of those who are depressed. People who encounter both symptoms simultaneously, feeling depressed in some ways and overexcited in others, may do best by walking or performing yoga techniques that are focused on strength. Research has indicated that removing stress helps to increase a ...
Healthcare & integrative medicine in the modern world - watch a recent talk from Dr Andy Weil - Bristol Green Capital
To coincide with the announcement of Healthy City Week 2016, Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC was delighted to work in partnership with a range of collaborators last month to host a talk from Andy Weil on integrative medicine and wholeness in the 21st Century.. The Arizona Centre for Integrative Medicine specialist visited Bristol on a pit-stop tour of the UK, and talked about the state of healthcare in the modern world and how integrative medicine could offer a sustainable alternative. Organised and hosted by Penny Brohn UK, University of Bristol, British Holistic Medical Association, Bristol Green Capital Partnership CIC and the Portland Centre for Integrative Medicine, the free lecture had over 350 attendees - testament to the rising interest in integrative medicine and sustainable approaches to health and wellbeing.. ...
INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE - Sydney doctors
Integrative medicine is a term that refers to the integration of conventional western medicine with more naturopathic approaches such as herbal medicine and the use of nutritional supplements.. Integrative medicine makes use of the best available evidence of both approaches to healing. One of its important characteristics is that it considers the mind-body-spirit connection within the patient and regards the patient as a whole.. Integrative medicine is based on a physician-patient partnership in which both conventional and complementary modalities are used to stimulate the bodys natural healing potential.. It is commonly said that Integrative Medicine combines the best of conventional and evidence-based complementary medicine to optimise the bodys natural healing mechanisms:. ...
Alternative medicine doctors in ohio, naturopathic medicine for psoriasis, atypical herpes 2 symptoms
daily medication for hsv 2, pictures of herpes on skin, herpes cure natural, island alternative medicine freeland wa, causes for herpes, energetic healing institute, alternative medicine doctors in ohio, alternative medicine doctors in maryland, natural alternative medicine schools, herpes simplex 1 cure research 2013, herpes cure 2013 australia, how can symptoms of genital herpes be treated, acid reflux remedies for pregnant women
Effects of Reiki on Autonomic Activity Early After Acute Coronary Syndrome | JACC: Journal of the American College of Cardiology
To the Editor:. Autonomic dysfunction, as measured by heart rate variability (HRV), predicts outcome after myocardial infarction (1). Medications that enhance parasympathetic tone, such as beta-adrenergic blockers, improve outcomes (2). Although the detrimental effects of emotional stress on both autonomic function and cardiovascular disease are well recognized, the beneficial effects of complementary modalities aimed at reducing stress are less well studied. One-half of Americans report visiting practitioners of complementary/alternative medicine (CAM) (3). However, rigorous research evaluating physiologic effects of these therapies is lacking. Reiki, an easily learned healing practice, is given by placing hands lightly on the recipients head and torso in a series of noninvasive positions (4). Psychological benefits include reduction of anxiety and perceived stress (5). Reikis physiologic effects, however, are less well described (5).. To determine whether Reiki treatment would improve HRV in ...
At Advanced Integrative Healthcare, we prefer to use various alternative medicine modalities in combination with conventional medical practices. Our goal is for the patient to heal in the best way possible. As defined by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, integrative medicine combines mainstream medical therapies and CAM therapies for which there is some high-quality scientific evidence of safety and effectiveness. Basically, we believe in trying to use whatever works best that is least invasive, most natural, cost-effective, and safe. When possible, we try and use complementary therapies that have some significant degree of evidence of efficacy. In other cases, we might recommend a treatment out of the naturopathic community that has been traditionally used for decades.. The following definition of integrative medicine is fairly complete and guides us here at AIH as well integrative practitioners all over the world ...
Journal of American Association of Integrative Medicine Debuts Print Edition - MASSAGE Magazine
To date, there are only a handful of publications worldwide that are dedicated to bridging the gap between alternative and traditional medicine. The Journal of the American Association of Integrative Medicine originally made its debut in 2007 as an online publication and has since achieved worldwide distribution. With this change in format, the journal will now be accepting advertising from related companies. It will continue to accept article contributions from complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) providers.. About the American Association for Integrative Medicine. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, the American Association for Integrative Medicine (AAIM) educates and certifies practitioners in the integration of Eastern and Western medicine with the goal of improving clinical outcomes for patients. For consumers, they provide information and education about the benefits of integrative health care, as well as a careful selection of trusted providers. For ...
Sciatica Nausea - what kind of doctor handles sciatica
The swelling will usually get better by itself in a few days, but there are treatments that can help it settle faster and reduce the risk of it happening again. Complementary alternative medicine refers to treatments that are used in conjunction with mainstream or conventional medical care. He reported that by Wednesday, his burning pain v sciatica toes gone, leaving some mild sensitivity where the skin was damaged. It makes good sense to strength the muscles that support your back and certainly has reduced my pain.
Charleston County Public Library
Source: Evidence-based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (eCAM). 3/18/2018, Vol. 2018, p1-20. 20p. 5 Color Photographs, 3 Charts, 2 Graphs, 1 Map. ...
ASCO/ACS Symposium on Integrative Medicine 2001 - Annie Appleseed Project
The Oncologists Role. The American Society of Clinical Oncologys brochure describing this meeting states that 83% of cancer patients have used some form (s) of CAM (complementary/alternative therapies).. The stated objectives for this meeting included: (to)describe how oncologists should respond when asked about research studies being conducted in this area and (to)identify differences and similarities in current cancer-specific integrative medicine programs.. During her remarks on The Role of Cancer Centers in Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research , Karen Antman, MD at Columbia University, NYC used the figure 64%. Either way, it is clear that a huge number of patients are involved.. Dr. Antman suggested that the terminology describing non-conventional alternatives be proven and unproven.. Anns NOTE: This would be acceptable if we could just be assured that studies would be done on the unproven substances so that patients would have answers to their questions. Ann has raised ...
Cry It Out | Cranial osteopathy | Baby Help | Colic | Christian Bates
Christian has been an osteopath and naturopath for 19 years. He set up The Perrymount Clinic in 2009 and specialises in treating babies and children. The Perrymount has won numerous awards and Christian has won the prestigious Complementary and Alternative Medicine practitioner Community award for his work with babies. Christians mission is to educate parents so they understand there is help for them and their crying, upset, not sleeping baby. In 2014 Christian wrote the book Calming Colic - How To Help The 10 Causes of Colic & since has written numerous other e-books all focused on helping mother and baby. This book is available to purchase at www.calmingcolic.com and you will receive 6 other mother and baby help e-books completely free. Calming Colic takes you through all the reasons a baby can be upset and hoe to help them immediately and even with their future health because colic can be a predictor of future health issues ...
National Health Service healthcare staff experience and practices regarding complementary and alternative medicine: an online...
The use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is increasing. The most common reported reason for CAM use is dissatisfaction with conventional healthcare. Several studies have reported factors influencing CAM usage and beliefs in the general public but the beliefs of healthcare staff are less well known. This paper reports the results of an online survey of 537 healthcare staff. Our study demonstrated an increased rate of patient referral for CAM from both personal CAM users and those trained in CAM. There was a high level of optimism amongst respondents as to the role CAM may play in patient care with mental health, depression and palliative care cited as the areas with highest expected benefit. Doctors were generally less optimistic about the likelihood of benefit compared to other healthcare staff. Implications for clinical practice, future research and staff education are discussed.. ...
Reflexology Live: June 2016
In the U.S., 1 of every 3 people is affected by painful arthritis (CDC and Prevention, 2002). Arthritic medications have caused adverse reactions e.g. Vioxx recall (U.S. FDA, 2005) and others may have adverse effects when used long-term. These effects may be minimized by adjuvant nonpharmacological modalities, such as reflexology, a complementary therapy. Reflexology is a noninvasive technique of applying topical pressure to specific points on the feet thought to represent somatic organs. The purpose of the study was to determine the effect of foot reflexology on self-reported osteoarthritis joint pain. The hypothesis was that participants with joint pain who received reflexology would have less pain after treatment than those receiving a placebo massage or control condition. The effect may be explained by the gate control theory. A power analysis was calculated using G*Power® software computer program (Faul & Erdfelder, 1992) with .99 Ρ lower for the parameters of alpha = .05, with a large ES ...
Exploring the effects of antenatal reflexology on pregnancy and labour outcomes: An experimental study<...
TY - GEN. T1 - Exploring the effects of antenatal reflexology on pregnancy and labour outcomes: An experimental study. AU - Mc Cullough, Julie. AU - Sinclair, Marlene. AU - Close, Ciara. AU - Hughes, Ciara. AU - Liddle, S D. PY - 2020/3/5. Y1 - 2020/3/5. N2 - Background: The National Institute of Health and Care Excellence states that from the onset of the second stage of labour, nulliparous women are expected to give birth within three hours, and within two hours for multiparous women. If labour has not progressed within two hours or one hour respectively, labour is diagnosed as delayed and should be referred for possible intervention. Reflexology is a complementary therapy involving the application of controlled pressure to specific points, mainly on the feet. Limited evidence indicates that antenatal reflexology may influence labour and birth outcomes. Aim and Objective: The aim of this study was to test the effects of antenatal reflexology on labour outcomes in a sample of primiparous women ...
Online Wellness Network Information Resource: Acupuncture Descriptions
Online Wellness Network: Directory of complimentary alternative medicine practitioners ( and more), holistic health and wellness products and alternative healing information
Complementary Therapies. 10 (5): 266-270. doi:10.1089/act.2004.10.266. Denis Diderot (2015). "Melancholia". The Encyclopedia of ...
Wildlife of Madagascar
Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 16 (6): 347-350. doi:10.1089/act.2010.16609. PMID 20423206. Ellis (1859), p. 302 ...
Shu, Jian-Jun; Sun, Y.G. (2007). "Developing classification indices for Chinese pulse diagnosis". Complementary Therapies in ... Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. New York, N.Y. 22 (8): 599-609. doi:10.1089/acm.2016.0056. ISSN 1557-7708. ...
Evidence and efficacy of homeopathy
"Systematic reviews of complementary therapies - an annotated bibliography. Part 3: Homeopathy". BMC Complementary and ... "Complementary therapies: The big con?". The Independent. London. April 22, 2008. Archived from the original on April 27, 2009. ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 15 (2): 128-38. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2007.01.011. PMID 17544864. Sullivan W (July 27, 1988 ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 26: 146-63. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2016.03.013. hdl:10037/10908. PMID 27261996. Adler J ( ...
Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 11 (6): 295-300. doi:10.1089/act.2005.11.295. v t e. ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 22 (4): 662-669. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2014.06.006. ISSN 0965-2299. PMID 25146071. Bullock, B ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 30: 67-72. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2016.11.006. ISSN 0965-2299. 7. Ultimate Beginners Guide to ... Bozcuk, H.; Ozcan, K.; Erdogan, C.; Mutlu, H.; Demir, M.; Coskun, S. (2017-02-01). "A comparative study of art therapy in ... The tested group participated in the art therapy program and painted with watercolor paint during their treatment. Participants ... was created to determine if painting art therapy is effective in lowering levels of depression in cancer patients. Patients ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 20 (1-2): 100-106. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2011.09.004. PMID 22305255. Morris, C. A.; Avorn, J ... Chan, K.; Lin, T.X. (2009). Treatments used in complementary and alternative medicine. Side Effects of Drugs Annual. 31. pp. ... "Medicinal plants in therapy". Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 63 (6): 965-981. PMC 2536466. PMID 3879679. Tilburt, ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 7 (4): 254-5. doi:10.1016/S0965-2299(99)80012-0. ISSN 0965-2299. PMID 10709312. cited in: ... Any further attempt to save traditional practices had to take into account Western concepts and therapies. Therefore, it was ... I. Hyodo; N. Amano; K. Eguchi (April 2005). "Nationwide survey on complementary and alternative medicine in cancer patients in ... 2013). "Prescription of Kampo Drugs in the Japanese Health Care Insurance Program" (PDF). Evidence-Based Complementary and ...
Tai chi chih
Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 23 (4): 132-138. doi:10.1089/act.2017.29121.mav. T'ai Chi Chih: www.taichichih.org ...
Neti (Hatha Yoga)
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 22 (3): 433-440. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2014.03.007. PMID 24906581. Jala & Sutra Neti ...
Kligler, Benjamin E. (2016-11-17). "Expanding the Role of Integrative Therapies for Veterans". Alternative and Complementary ... Therapies. 22 (6): 237-239. doi:10.1089/act.2016.29080.bek. ISSN 1076-2809. "CIRE-IM". Institute for Research and Education. ...
National Health Federation
Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 14 (6): 315-320. doi:10.1089/act.2008.14610. PMID 18380609. Easley MW (1985). "The new ... Over the years, the NHF has promoted a range of alternative cancer therapies, including laetrile. According to its website, the ... "persons with cancer avoid the therapies and products promoted by the National Health Federation for the treatment of cancer." ... rights to use dietary supplements and alternative therapies without government restriction. The NHF also opposes mainstream ...
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 24: 32-40. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2016.05.006. PMID 27502798. Spinazzola, J.; Rhodes ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 21 (4): 313-323. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2013.04.001. PMC 3721070. PMID 23876562. Follette, ... A Randomized Study of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Yoga". Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. 35 (1): 3-10. doi:10.1080/ ... Trauma-sensitive yoga is a form of yoga as therapy, adapted from modern postural yoga. It was developed at the Justice Resource ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 22 (4): 662-669. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2014.06.006. ISSN 0965-2299. PMID 25146071. Broad, ... Alexander G. K.; Taylor, A. G.; Innes, K. E.; Kulbok, P.; Selfe, T. K. (2008). "Contextualizing the effects of yoga therapy on ... Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012: 1-13. doi:10.1155/2012/715942. ISSN 1741-427X. PMC 3424788. PMID ... Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 16 (1): 3-12. doi:10.1089/acm.2009.0044. PMID 20105062. S2CID 14130906. ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 11 (1): 28-32. doi:10.1016/S0965-2299(02)00109-7. PMID 12667972. Smith TC, Novella SP ( ... O'callaghan, F.V.; Jordan, N. (2003). "Postmodern values, attitudes and the use of complementary medicine". ...
Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies". In Kufe, Donald W; Pollock, Raphael E; Weichselbaum, Ralph R; Bast Jr., Robert ... Oxygen Therapy, "Metabolic Therapy". Archived from the original on June 28, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2016. Metabolic Therapy, ... Table 76-4, Reputable Sources of Information about Alternative and Complementary Therapies. ISBN 978-1-55009-213-4. A list of ... Brazin, Lillian R (2007). "Alternative and Complementary Therapies". Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet. 11 (2): 91-96 ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 7 (3): 191-192. 1990-1999. doi:10.1016/s0965-2299(99)80132-0. ISSN 0965-2299. Hendrick, ... Common therapy styles include interpersonal therapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy and non- ... Therapy could be conducted individually or couple therapy is also an option. This is practical in addressing support at home ... In general, therapy may take anywhere between a few weeks to months to be effective. However, severe symptoms will require ...
"Therapeutic Gardens and Horticultural Therapy: Growing Roles in Health Care". Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 18 (2): ... "designed for use as a component of a treatment program such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, or horticultural therapy ... Enid Haupt Glass Garden: Combining horticultural therapy with medical therapy - Built in 1959, the garden is part of the Rusk ... Ultimately, the goal is to make therapy seem like a respite. Joel Schnaper Memorial Garden: Garden of Hope - Recipient of the ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 11 (2): 72-7. doi:10.1016/s0965-2299(03)00058-x. PMID 12801491. Lee A, Chan SK, Fan LT ( ... Quackwatch includes acupressure in a list of methods which have no "rational place" as massage therapy and states that ... Barrett S (March 9, 2006). "Massage Therapy: Riddled with Quackery". Quackwatch. Retrieved 3 June 2013. Mann F (1996). ... William Chi-Sing Cho (2013). Evidence-based Non-pharmacological Therapies for Palliative Cancer Care. Springer Science & ...
... "limited efficacy evidence regarding most complementary medicine. Unproven complementary medicines and therapies can pose a risk ... chelation therapy, color therapy, cranial osteopathy, hair analysis, iridology, live blood analysis, ozone therapy, ... 2009). American Cancer Society Complete Guide to Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies (Second ed.). Atlanta: American ... BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies. 20 (1): 59. doi:10.1186/s12906-020-2851-7. PMC 7076821. PMID 32070338. Ernst E (June ...
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 41: 101248. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2020.101248. ISSN 1873-6947. PMC 7554491. PMID ...
Tea tree oil
Cao H, Yang G, Wang Y, Liu JP, Smith CA, Luo H, Liu Y (January 2015). "Complementary therapies for acne vulgaris". Cochrane ... A 2015 Cochrane systematic review for acne complementary therapies, found a low-quality single trial showed benefit compared to ... 2009). "Tea Tree Oil". American Cancer Society Complete Guide to Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies (2nd ed.). ... "Tea tree oil". National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, US National Institutes of Health. 2011-11-09. ...
Complementary and alternative cancer therapies". Cancer medicine 6. Hamilton, Ontario: BC Decker. pp. 76. ISBN 978-1-55009-213- ... Baumel Syd (August 2000). Dealing with depression naturally : complementary and alternative therapies for restoring emotional ... Task Force on Complementary; Alternative Medicine; Burch T; et al. (2000). "Report on complementary and alternative medicine" ( ... the complete reference guide to alternative and complementary therapies. New York: W.W. Norton. pp. 67. ISBN 978-0-393-31816-6 ...
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 35: 232-236. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2019.03.004. ISSN 1873-6947. PMID 31003664. ... The western pioneer of yoga as therapy, Richard Miller, has developed the use of Yoga nidra for rehabilitating soldiers in pain ... the Surgeon General of the United States Army endorsed Yoga Nidra as a complementary alternative medicine (CAM) for chronic ... The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 18 (10): 953-958. doi:10.1089/acm.2011.0331. PMID 22866996. Rivers, ...
Red raspberry leaf
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 15 (4): 204-8. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2009.05.003. hdl:1956/3702. PMID 19880082.. ...
Rosen Method Bodywork
Keegan, Lynn (2000). Healing with Complementary & Alternative Therapies. Cengage Learning. p. 195. ISBN 9780766818903. Raso, ... Rosen Method Bodywork (or Rosen Method) is a type of Complementary and alternative medicine. This bodywork, described as " ... Rosen Method bodywork has developed through its founder Marion Rosen's physical therapy practice and work with Lucy Heyer, a ...
Maharishi Vedic Approach to Health
ISBN 978-0-14-044824-5. Keegan, Lisa (2001). Healing with Complementary & Alternative Therapies. Albany: Delmar. p. 68. ISBN 0- ... Additional therapies generally undertaken in association with panchakarma are "Maharishi Gandharva Veda" music therapy and ... These courses include: post graduate training, Maharishi Aroma Therapy, Maharishi Light Therapy with Gems, Maharishi Ayur-Veda ... "Complementary and Alternative Therapies", in Nezu, Arthur; Nezu, Christine; Geller, Pamela; Weiner, Irving (eds.), Handbook of ...
"Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies." DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of ... Common "Complementary and Alternative Medicine Health Systems." Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive Approach to ...
Healthcare in Sierra Leone
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 31: 7-15. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2018.01.001. PMID 29705483. James, PB; et al. (2018 ... James, Peter; Wardle, Jon; Steel, Amie; Adams, Jon (2019). "Utilisation of and Attitude towards Traditional and Complementary ... 2016). "Exploring self-use, attitude and interest to study complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) among final year ... 2014). "Awareness, use, attitude and perceived need for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) education among ...
Ernst, E. (1999). "Funding research into complementary medicine: The situation in Britain". Complementary Therapies in Medicine ... Examples include immuno-augmentation therapy, shark cartilage, bioresonance therapy, oxygen and ozone therapies, and insulin ... "Complementary cancer care service". www.uclh.nhs.uk.. *^ Cassileth, B.R. (1996). "Alternative and complementary cancer ... Complementary medicine (CM), complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), integrated medicine or integrative medicine (IM), ...
Researchers are investigating complementary therapies as treatment for people with acne. Low-quality evidence suggests ... Combination therapy. Combination therapy-using medications of different classes together, each with a different mechanism ... The evidence for light therapy as a treatment for acne is weak and inconclusive. Various light therapies appear to ... Husein-ElAhmed H (2015). "Management of acne vulgaris with hormonal therapies in adult female patients". Dermatologic Therapy. ...
Medical nutrition therapy is done by dietitians and is prescribed for diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, weight and eating ... The treatment plan may include ordering additional medical laboratory tests and medical imaging studies, starting therapy, ... Ophthalmology is exclusively concerned with the eye and ocular adnexa, combining conservative and surgical therapy. ... but also through therapies as diverse as psychotherapy, external splints and traction, medical devices, biologics, and ionizing ...
Mann-Whitney U test
Grissom RJ (1994). "Statistical analysis of ordinal categorical status after therapies". Journal of Consulting and Clinical ... in a test of significance with a point null-hypothesis against its complementary alternative (that is, equal versus not equal ...
Sarac AJ, Gur A (2006). "Complementary and alternative medical therapies in fibromyalgia". Curr Pharm Des. 12 (1): 47-57. doi: ... Chiropractic overlaps with several other forms of manual therapy, including massage therapy, osteopathy, physical therapy, and ... Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 15 (3): 214-22. doi:10.1111/j.2042-7166.2010.01032.x. ISSN 1465-3753.. ... The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, especially spinal manipulation therapy (SMT), manipulations ...
Senarai reka cipta pada zaman pertengahan Islam Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
A. Al Dayela and N. al-Zuhair (2006), "Single drug therapy in the treatment of male sexual/erectile dysfunction in Islamic ... "Evaluation Of Randomized Controlled Trials On Complementary And Alternative Medicine", International Journal of Technology ...
American Cancer Society Complete Guide to Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies (2nd ed.). American Cancer Society. ...
Complementary to an adult nephrologist, a pediatric nephrologist will complete a three-year pediatric residency after medical ... Nearly all programs train nephrologists in continuous renal replacement therapy; fewer than half in the United States train in ... Without renal replacement therapy, death from kidney failure will eventually result. Dialysis is an artificial method of ... renal replacement therapy (dialysis or kidney transplantation) and plasma exchange. Kidney problems can have significant impact ...
Being a printed plate, the accuracy of the test depends on using the proper lighting to illuminate the page. A "daylight" bulb illuminator is required to give the most accurate results, of around 6000-7000K temperature (ideal: 6500K, Color Rendering Index (CRI) ,90), and is required for military color vision screening policy. Fluorescent bulbs are many times used in school testing, but the color of fluorescent bulbs and their CRI can vary widely. Incandescent bulbs should not be used, as their low temperature (yellow-color) give highly inaccurate results, allowing some color vision deficient persons to pass. Proper testing technique is to give only three seconds per plate for an answer, and not allow coaching, touching or tracing of the numbers by the subject. The test is best given in random sequence, if possible, to reduce the effectiveness of prior memorization of the answers by subjects. Some pseudo-isochromatic plate books have the pages in binders, so the plates may be rearranged ...
Complementary Therapies. 10 (5): 266-270. doi:10.1089/act.2004.10.266.. *^ Gouk P (2004). Erlmann (ed.). Hearing Cultures: ... Types of music therapyEdit. There are two fundamental types of music therapy: receptive music therapy and active music therapy ... including Therapy in Music for Handicapped Children, Creative Music Therapy, Music Therapy in Special Education, as well as ... Canadian Encyclopedia: Music Therapy *^ Cook, Patricia; Cook, Pat (1997). Sacred Music Therapy in North India (Vol. 39 ed.). ...
Other complementary lung functions tests include plethysmography and nitrogen washout. Parameters. The most common ... Respiratory therapy. *Pulmonary function testing. *Respiratory physiology. Hidden categories: *CS1 maint: Multiple names: ...
2009). "Fasting". American Cancer Society Complete Guide to Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies (2nd ed.). American ...
Index of HIV/AIDS-related articles
... complementary and alternative therapy - complete blood count (CBC) - computed tomography scan (C-T scan) - concomitant drugs - ... GAG - gamma globulin - gamma interferon - ganglion - GART - gastrointestinal (GI) - gene - gene therapy - genetic engineering ... safe sex - safer sex - salmonella - salvage therapy - SAMHSA - sarcoma - seborrheic dermatitis - secondary prophylaxis - sepsis ... MAC - macrophage - macrophage-tropic virus - magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - MAI - maintenance therapy - major ...
Terapi belatung bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas
Sherman, R. A. (2009). "Maggot Therapy Takes Us Back to the Future of Wound Care: New and Improved Maggot Therapy for the 21st ... Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2014: 592419. doi:10.1155/2014/592419. PMC 3976885. PMID 24744812. ... Terapi Belatung (juga dikenal sebagai Terapi belatung debridement (bahasa Inggris: Maggot Debridement Therapy atau MDT, terapi ... Whitaker, I. S.; Twine, C; Whitaker, M. J.; Welck, M; Brown, C. S.; Shandall, A (2007). "Larval therapy from antiquity to the ...
... has been studied as a way to improve the effects of exposure therapy in people with post traumatic stress disorder ( ... "National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. February 2007. Retrieved 2017-08-28.. ... "Enhancing exposure therapy for anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder". Review. ... "Pharmacology of cognitive enhancers for exposure-based therapy of fear, anxiety and trauma-related disorders". Review. ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
"Advances in Therapy. 37 (1): 41-60. doi:10.1007/s12325-019-01128-9. PMC 6979461. PMID 31673990.. ... "Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 22 (2): 108-14. doi:10.1089/acm.2015.0199. PMC 4761829. PMID 26700633.. ... "Advances in combination therapy for asthma and COPD. Wiley. p. 251. ISBN 978-1-119-97846-6. .. ... For people with COPD, the use of cardioselective (heart-specific) beta-blocker therapy does not appear to impair respiratory ...
Gene therapy. Gammaretroviral and lentiviral vectors for gene therapy have been developed that mediate stable genetic ... PBS (primer binding site) consists of 18 bases complementary to 3' end of tRNA primer. L region is an untranslated leader ... This technology is of use, not only for research purposes, but also for clinical gene therapy aiming at the long-term ... Combination of several (typically three or four) antiretroviral drugs is known as highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART ...
Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What's In a Name? US Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health ... One such discipline is cognitive behavioral therapy. Unlike music therapy, but similar to audio therapy, the most important ... as well as art therapy, music therapy, and dance therapy. Although the means by which the mind affects the body is largely ... Audio therapy inherits from receptive music therapy the process by which listening to sound benefits a listener, but departs ...
எயிட்சு - தமிழ் விக்கிப்பீடியா
Yarchoan R, Tosatom G, Littlem RF (2005). "Therapy insight: AIDS-related malignancies - the influence of antiviral therapy on ... 109.0 109.1 Power R, Gore-Felton C, Vosvick M, Israelski DM, Spiegel D (June 2002). "HIV: effectiveness of complementary and ... Luft BJ, Chua A (2000). "Central Nervous System Toxoplasmosis in HIV Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Therapy". Curr. Infect. Dis. ... 2000). "Antiretroviral resistance during successful therapy of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection". Proc. Natl. Acad ...
Thought Field Therapy. *Urine therapy. *Vaginal steaming. *Vision therapy. *Vitalism. *Young blood transfusion ...
Koshizaka T, Nishikimi M, Ozawa T, Yagi K (1988). "Isolation and sequence analysis of a complementary DNA encoding rat liver L- ... Prockop DJ, Kivirikko KI (1995). "Collagens: molecular biology, diseases, and potentials for therapy". Annual Review of ... Under the rubric of orthomolecular medicine, "Intravenous vitamin C is a contentious adjunctive cancer therapy, widely used in ... thereby reducing the adverse effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Research continues in this field, but a ...
Therefore, bleomycin is used in combination with doxorubicin in Hodgkins lymphoma, as they have additive and complementary ... and the theorised increased likelihood of developing pulmonary fibrosis following supplemental oxygen therapy, it has been ...
... therapies, surgery) and diagnoses German search for OPS therapy and ICD diagnoses Powerful search engine for ICD-10 and OPS ... Other complementary measures and information Procedure codes DIMDI: official OPS as download and online version OPS 2008 full ... Frührehabilitative and physical therapy 8-63...8-66: electrical stimulation, electrical therapy and duration of treatment by ... therapy with special cells and blood components 8-90...8-91: anesthesia and pain management 8-92...8-93: patient monitoring 8- ...
SIDA, a enciclopedia libre
Mills E, Wu P, Ernst E (2005). "Complementary therapies for the treatment of HIV: in search of the evidence". Int J STD AIDS 16 ... Antiretroviral Therapy Cohort Collaboration (2008). "Life expectancy of individuals on combination antiretroviral therapy in ... Yarchoan R, Tosato G, Little RF (2005). "Therapy insight: AIDS-related malignancies - the influence of antiviral therapy on ... Antiretroviral therapy for HIV infection in adults and adolescents: recommendations for a public health approach (PDF). World ...
Ալերգիա - Վիքիպեդիա՝ ազատ հանրագիտարան
Bope, Edward T.; Rakel, Robert E. (2005). Conn's Current Therapy 2005. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Company. p. 880. ISBN ... timing of introduction of complementary foods, and hydrolyzed formulas»։ Pediatrics 121 (1): 183-91։ January 2008։ PMID ...
Wilson JC, von Itzstein M (July 2003). "Recent strategies in the search for new anti-influenza therapies". Current Drug Targets ... where the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase begins transcribing complementary positive-sense vRNA (Steps 3a and b). The vRNA ... Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy. 4 (5): 795-805. doi:10.1586/14787184.108.40.2065. PMID 17140356.. ... cost-effectiveness of rapid testing and antiviral therapy". Annals of Internal Medicine. 139 (5 Pt 1): 321-29. doi:10.7326/0003 ...
Edward T. Bope; Rick D. Kellerman (2013). Conn's Current Therapy 2014: Expert Consult. Elsevier Health Sciences. ISBN ... timing of introduction of complementary foods, and hydrolyzed formulas". Pediatrics. 121 (1): 183-91. doi:10.1542/peds.2007- ... "Future therapies for food allergies". J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 127 (3): 558-73, quiz 574-5. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2010.12.1098 ...
Radiation therapy. *Radioactivity in the life sciences. *Radioactive contamination. *Radiobiology. *Biological dose units and ...
"National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, US National Institutes of Health. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 10 ... a modern perspective on a traditional therapy". Clin. Infect. Dis. 32 (11): 1567-76. doi:10.1086/320518. PMID 11340528.. ... results from an imbalance in the colonic microbiota caused by antibiotic therapy. These microbial community alterations ... improve stool consistency during antibiotic therapy, and enhance the immune response after vaccination. ...
"Arthritis Research & Therapy. 5 (2): 80-93. doi:10.1186/ar628. PMC 165038. PMID 12718748.. ... The variable regions (yellow) are complementary to the dsDNA strands. These antibodies are found commonly in the sera of people ...
National Survey Examines Perceived Benefits of Complementary Therapies on Back Pain - MASSAGE Magazine
In new research, investigators from the Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies ... National Survey Examines Perceived Benefits of Complementary Therapies on Back Pain. *May 18, 2010 ... "Specific factors and therapies associated with perceived benefit warrant further investigation.". The article ran in the ... Analysis] Massage Therapy Has Grown in National Cancer Institute-Designated Health Systems *1 ...
Booktopia - Complementary Therapies Books, Complementary Therapies Online Books, #1 Australian online bookstore. Buy discount...
2013 Evidence-based Complementary/Alternative Cancer Therapies conference - Annie Appleseed Project
14th Annual Evidence-based Complementary & Alternative Cancer Therapies conference. HOLD THE DATE! ... Reagan Houston, MS, PE, "A Tested Therapy for Cancer - Metabolic Cancer Therapy" ... Klara Rombauts, Medical Chemist, Reliable Cancer Therapies, Belgium "Patient Driven Research". John Lewis, Founder, Bad Ass ...
infoholix.net - Craniosacral therapy - Complementary Alternative Medicine International Directory
Craniosacral therapy - All healthy, living tissues subtly breathe with the motion of life, producing rhythmic impulses which ... The Institute offers process acupressure, massage therapy, neuromuscular therapy, cransiosacral therapy, counseling, fitness ... Cranio-Sacral Therapy is a gentle form of holistic healing therapy, suitable for people of all ages. The treatments work on a ... Dr Shaheena offers craniosacral therapy as an invaluable adjunct to her Cape Town based complementary Dental Practice within ...
infoholix.net - Aura therapy - Complementary Alternative Medicine International Directory
... bi-aura therapy.The Aura is an energy field surrounding a body, made up of the radiation from all the cells and chemicals of ... Margaret lovatt offers Bi - Aura Therapy in Perthshire, Scotland. UK. 18. The Institute for Complementary Medicine ICM is a ... Aura therapy. Aura Therapy can be used to treat emotional and physical conditions.. Diagnosis and healing are done on an energy ... 3. Miriam Wigman offers Bi - Aura Therapy in Inverness, Scotland. UK. 4. Jayne Claire Ferry offers Aura Therapy in Tyne and ...
What is Complementary Therapy? | Crawley and Horsham
What is Complementary Therapy?. So, what are Complementary Therapies, Alternative Therapies, Holistic Therapies, Conventional, ... Complementary Therapy is a term given to therapies that are complementary to orthodox medicine and can be used alongside ... Quick reference to Complementary Therapies (this list is not exhaustive). Acupuncture - use of fine needles on energy lines - ... Some complementary and alternative therapies may not have been so rigorously tested. ...
The prevalence of dietary related complementary and alternative therapies and their usefulness among cancer patients attending...
The prevalence of dietary related complementary and alternative therapies and their usefulness among cancer patients attending ... Large quantities of juice, multivitamins, fish oils and glucosamine were the most popular CAM therapies among the two groups. ... Background: Cancer patients have been documented to use complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) frequently, a subject that ... reported side effects and benefits and satisfaction with CAM therapies. Results: Questionnaires were distributed to 132 cancer ...
Leicester Complementary Therapy Centre | Complementary Therapies
... traditional and complementary therapies including acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping & more. ... Here at Leicester Complementary Therapy Centre offer both conventional, ... However, Al-Hijama is not a new therapy and so would seem to fall outside many of the recommendations put forward in the White ... However, for most clinicians and lawyers it is a therapy about which little is known. Who practices Hijama and why? This lack ...
The Practitioners - Complementary Therapies by the Haelan Clinic
Organic and wholefood, herbs, nutrition and bodycare, green products, natural remedies and complementary therapies by the ... My interest in complementary therapies began at an early age after suffering from severe eczema as a child. From the age of 16 ... It is a powerful, non-intrusive, complementary therapy done either hands-on or hands-off which uses no manipulation, pressure ... Tok Sen Thai Tapping Therapy. An ancient Northern Thai energetic and vibrational musculo-skeletal therapy. Tok Sen is a ...
Prevalence of Complementary Medicine Use in Pediatric Cancer: A Systematic Review | American Academy of Pediatrics
Surveys of complementary and alternative medicine. Part II: use of alternative and complementary cancer therapies. J Altern ... Complementary and alternative medicine therapies in pediatric oncology patients. J Soc Integr Oncol. 2006; 4(1): 40-45. ... Complementary and alternative medical therapies for children with cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2004; 40(14): 2041-2046. ... Alternative and complementary therapy use in pediatric oncology patients in British Columbia: prevalence and reasons for use ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine - Wikipedia
... www.sciencedirect.com/journal/complementary-therapies-in-medicine/about/aims-and-scope Complementary Therapies in Medicine " ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine is a bimonthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering complementary and alternative ... "Complementary Therapies in Medicine". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2019. ... It was established in 1986 as Complementary Medical Research, obtaining its current name in 1993. Although it was originally ...
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice - Wikipedia
Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice is a quarterly peer-reviewed medical journal covering complementary and ... "Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. ... It was established in 1995 as Complementary Therapies in Nursing and Midwifery, obtaining its current name in 2005. It is ...
Alternative and Complementary Therapies for Ulcerative Colitis
... or other complementary therapies to help manage ulcerative colitis along with regular medical care from your doctor? Find out ... Complementary Therapies for Ulcerative Colitis. Articles OnMedicines for Ulcerative Colitis. Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis ... Complementary, or integrative, medicine doesnt replace your usual treatments. These are therapies you might try along with ... Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis - Complementary Therapies for Ulcerative Colitis * Ulcerative Colitis Medications ...
Breast Cancer and Complementary Therapies
Breast cancer patients may want to consider complementary therapies like yoga, meditation, and acupuncture to help alleviate ... Does Your Oncologist Want You To Do More Yoga? Doctors Endorse Complementary Therapies in Breast Cancer Care. New guidelines ... The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has recently endorsed new guidelines on complementary therapies like these, ... Because patients are using complementary therapies even without their doctors recommendation.. "We know this is a multibillion ...
Complementary medicine & alternative therapies | CMAJ
Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Asthma | SpringerLink
... of patients with asthma use some sort of complementary and alter native medicine therapy. There is insufficient evidence to ... Borchers A., Keen C.L., Gershwin M.E. (2006) Complementary/Alternative Therapies in Asthma. In: Gershwin M.E., Albertson T.E. ( ... Up to almost 60% of patients with asthma use some sort of complementary and alter native medicine therapy. ... Huntley A, White AR, Ernst E. Relaxation therapies for asthma: a systematic review. Thorax 2002; 57: 127-131.PubMedCrossRef ...
GPs using complementary and alternative therapies
... We talk about the benefits of using complementary and alternative therapies ... Complementary, alternative and integrated therapies. Though the terms complementary and alternative medicine are often used ... Complementary therapies have also become increasingly accepted by medical practitioners.. Professionals, such as osteopaths and ... If youre referred within the NHS, clinics using complementary therapies tend to be led by consultants and doctors who have ...
CiNii Articles - Complementary therapy
p,[Purpose] Three complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies: "Judo therapy", "acupuncture and moxibustion", and " ... A Complementary Study on Morita Masatake and His Training Therapy for Shinkeishitsu (Nervositat) [in Japanese] 藤田 裕司 ... Nursing Care Using Complementary Therapy and Its Challenges in the Community-based Integrated Care Systems [in Japanese] 室田 昌子 ... This therapy may be an alternative or complementary approach to exercise. … Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 477(8), ...
Complementary therapies | The Medical Journal of Australia
Will Complementary Therapies Assist In My Recovery After Surgery? - ABC News
Again, identifying the therapy that appeals to you, that you have a properly credentialed therapist, someone who understands ... Complementary and alternative therapies can be very helpful postoperatively for pain management, for healing. ... Question: Will complementary therapies assist in my recovery after surgery? Answer: Complementary and alternative therapies can ... Will Complementary Therapies Assist In My Recovery After Surgery? *. By GEORGIA DECKER ...
Acupuncture | Complementary and alternative therapy | Cancer Research UK
A recent systematic review in 2017 looked at the use of complementary therapies. This means that a group of experts gather all ... It suggested that doctors could use it as a complementary therapy in palliative care. This is if the usual treatments didnt ... Integrative Therapies During and After Breast Cancer Treatment: ASCO Endorsement of the SIO Clinical Practice Guideline. ... Check with your doctor before you start using any type of complementary or alternative treatment. Make sure your acupuncture ...
Evaluating complementary therapies for ca... & related info | Mendeley
Aloe | Complementary and alternative therapy | Cancer Research UK
Aloe is a plant-based therapy that some people use to treat some side effects of cancer and its treatment. Find out more and ... A review study in 2017 looked at the use of complementary therapies. This means that a group of experts gather all the evidence ... Let your doctor know about any complementary therapies or supplements that you use. ... Aloe is a plant-based therapy that some people use to treat side effects affecting the skin caused by cancer and its treatment ...
Manual of Natural Therapy: A Succinct Catalog of Complementary Treatments - Google Books
... this medical guide offers a wide range of possible cures and treatments drawing on alternate therapies such as homeopathy, ... Manual of natural therapy: a succinct catalog of complementary treatments. User Review - Not Available - Book Verdict. The ... Therapy.html?id=bgBtAAAAMAAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareManual of Natural Therapy. ... root Chinese chronic cinnamon twigs cold Color Therapy Combination condition improves constipation cough decoction diet therapy ...
HIV & AIDS Information :: Topics - Complementary therapies
Complementary therapies resources * Complementary approaches. Many people with hepatitis use complementary or alternative ... Complementary therapies in your own words. * Finally undetectable!. After almost 15 years of HIV, and six years of viral load ... Complementary therapies: latest news. * Low vitamin D concentrations associated with poor clinical and virological outcomes ... Complementary therapies news selected from other sources * Nigerian herbal medicines widely used by HIV positive people can ...
Complementary Therapies in Medicine
Here you can read summaries of all the latest updates from Complementary Therapies in Medicine ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine). Source: Complementary Therapies in Medicine - September 19, 2017 Category: Complementary ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine). Source: Complementary Therapies in Medicine - September 19, 2017 Category: Complementary ... Complementary Therapies in Medicine). Source: Complementary Therapies in Medicine - September 19, 2017 Category: Complementary ...
"Depression"[Mesh] AND "Complementary Therapies"[Majr] AND "humans"[Me - PubMed - NCBI
"Depression"[Mesh] AND "Complementary Therapies"[Majr] AND "humans"[MeSH Terms] AND English[lang] AND Randomized Controlled ... Search: "Depression"[Mesh] AND "Complementary Therapies"[Majr] AND "humans"[MeSH Terms] AND English[lang] AND Randomized ... Treatment Fidelity in a Music Therapy Multi-site Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial for People Living With Dementia: The ... Progressive muscle relaxation therapy to relieve dental anxiety: a randomized controlled trial. ...
Complementary therapies for dementia, herbal medicine for cats, calimesa alternative medicine
Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Inflammatory Diseases 2018 | Hindawi
Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Inflammatory Diseases 2018 - A special issue journal published by Hindawi ... Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Inflammatory Diseases 2018 - A special issue journal published by Hindawi ... Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Inflammatory Diseases 2018. Ying-Ju Lin , Yuan Xu , Junji Xu ... Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine / Published Special Issues / Special Issue. Complementary and Alternative ...
... is often used to describe treatments used alongside, or integrated with, evidence-based conventional ... Complementary Therapies. There is still some confusion about Complementary and Alternative therapies. Complementary therapies ... This may include information about providing complementary therapies or being asked to administer some therapies or medications ... Use of complementary therapies for cancer symptom management: results of the 2007 National Health Interview Survey. J Altern ...
These therapies are called "complementary" therapies because usually they are used alongside the more standard medical care you ... Complementary therapies can include physical therapies (such as yoga and acupuncture), relaxation techniques (such as ... It is important to remember that not all complementary therapies are safe for you. In fact, some therapies (including certain ... With most complementary therapies, your health is looked at from a holistic (or "whole picture") point of view. Think of your ...
Integrative, Alternative and Complementary Cancer Therapies | BIDMC
The challenge becomes thinking carefully to evaluate the value of the additional therapy. Read more on our Living with Cancer ... Integrative Cancer Therapies is a term that is often used interchangeably with CAM Therapies (Complementary and Alternative ... Integrative, Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies. Hester Hill Schnipper, LICSW, OSW-C Program Manager, Oncology ... The study compared patients who had traditional therapy for early stage cancers to those who chose alternative therapies ...
Complementary therapies for labour pain - BabyCentre UK
You may already have tried complementary therapies to ease your aches during pregnancy, but which ones can help you cope with ... Some doulas use complementary therapies, but this is not regulated. If you want your doula to use any therapies while you are ... Which complementary therapies can help during labour?. There is mixed evidence about whether complementary techniques can ... lots of women say complementary therapies helped them cope with the intense experience of labour and birth (NCT nd). Therapies ...
Fibromyalgia - Alternative & Complementary Therapies - Prohealth
Alternative/complementary therapies have become very popular among fibromyalgia patients seeking better, more effective and ... Other Complementary Therapies. A number of other complementary therapies are still being evaluated. As yet, there is ... Complementary Therapies for Fibromyalgia. Researchers have evaluated a variety of complementary therapies as possible additions ... The therapies covered in this article are complementary therapies and should be just one part of a comprehensive fibromyalgia ...
Complementary Therapy in Richmond - Richmond Complementary Therapy Directory
Find the best Complementary Therapy in Richmond as recommended by local Richmond people in thebestof Richmonds Complementary ... Complementary Therapy in Richmond Find the best Complementary Therapy in Richmond as recommended by local Richmond people in ... Complementary therapy at the Waldegrave Clinic benefits the body as a whole; helping to relax you, relieving emotional, mental ... Fertility preparation and Pregnancy support through complementary therapy. Reflexology aims to look after your general ...
Complementary Cancer Therapies: Fatigue and Exercise
... Even though fatigue makes it hard, exercise is important for cancer ... In 1986, there was not as much research on complementary therapies as there is today. I remember falling asleep in a doctors ... Some of the first studies on complementary therapies focused on exercise, and research has continued to accumulate about the ... You would think the mounting evidence would convince our oncology community that this is one complementary therapy that can ...
Traditional v complementary therapy for fibromyalgia
What is the difference between traditional and complementary therapy for fibromyalgia? Which works best? Sarah Borien describes ... also practices esoteric therapy and it is her belief that fibromyalgia can be cured through this emerging complementary therapy ... I told her that I wholeheartedly support complementary therapy and I completely agree more that you cant separate the mental ... Esoteric therapy is the next big thing in chronic pain management. Definitely go back, this woman knows what shes on about. ...
Complementary therapies, bone health and osteoporosis
Can a complementary therapy approach benefit my bone health?. At present, there just isnt evidence to say that complementary ... Are complementary approaches safe?. Theres no simple answer to this question as the safety of any complementary therapy will ... What are complementary therapies?. A wide range of treatments exist under the umbrella term of complementary/alternative ... Other complementary approaches. It isnt possible to provide information on all the numerous complementary therapies available ...
Complementary Therapies for Hypothyroidism | Everyday Health
5 Complementary Therapies for Hypothyroidism. By Kristen Stewart. Medically Reviewed by Pat F. Bass III, MD, MPH ... Complementary therapies, when used in conjunction with conventional treatment, may help. Just be sure check with your doctor ... according to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). While massage therapy hasnt been studied directly for ... Massage therapy has been found to help with a variety of ailments, ranging from anxiety and depression to high blood pressure, ...
Questions to ask about complementary and alternative therapies - Canadian Cancer Society
... questions from a member of your healthcare team or from the person who is providing the complementary or alternative therapy. ... When considering complementary and alternative therapies, try to find answers to the following ... Questions to ask about complementary and alternative therapies. When considering complementary and alternative therapies, try ... Is the therapy part of a clinical trial?. * Where can I find reliable information about the therapy or other complementary and ...
National Center for ComplementaryMedicineHealthSymptomaticMedicalPatientsAcupunctureIntegrative TherapiesApproachesConsidering complementary and alternative therapiesReflexologyTherapistsPractice2017ChemotherapyHOMEOPATHYTreatmentMeditationBenefits of using complementary and alterNutritionalAlongside conventionalMedicinesSymptomsRange of complementary therapiesVariety of complementary therapiesRelaxationEvidenceOften used interchangeablyTypes of therapiesInterfereAromatherapyMedical therapiesClinical trialsCommon complementary therapiesChiropracticHolistic therapiesPopular therapiesPracticesType of complementary or alternativePractitionerGuide to complementaryInterest in complementaryBenefit from using complemAlternative Cancer TherapiesResearchMedicineAddition to conventionalBreast cancerOrthodoxCancer careMassage therapyRadiation
National Center for Complementary1
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) is defined by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) as "a group of diverse medical health care systems, practices, and products that are not presently considered to be a part of conventional medicine. (aappublications.org)
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is used by pediatric patients with cancer, but the actual frequency of CAM use is undetermined. (aappublications.org)
- Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 22 (1). (lancs.ac.uk)
- Objectives To quantify the association between complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use and quality of life in a population with type 2 diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease, accounting for demographics, socioeconomic status, health and lifestyle factors. (lancs.ac.uk)
- Commonly reported reasons for CAM use included to help cure or fight the child's cancer, symptomatic relief, and support of ongoing use of conventional therapy. (aappublications.org)
- In new research, investigators from the Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School Osher Research Center set out to examine the associations between the perceived helpfulness of various complementary and alternative therapies (CAM), of which massage is one, for back pain. (massagemag.com)
- Provide all the necessary information that patients who need sound therapy especially those undergoing or are yet to undergo heal tone therapy. (jasminedirectory.com)
- Pain management - Acupuncture, healing touch, hypnosis, and music therapy can be offered to patients to treat pain. (healthcentral.com)
- Scientific evidence shows that a range of alternative therapies from acupuncture and homeopathy to nutrition and hypnotherapy can help boost fertility. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Properly combined with traditional treatment, therapies such as nutritional supplements, hypnotherapy, aromatherapy, chiropractors , osteopathy and acupuncture can considerably enhance a patient's quality of life,' says Dr Louise Selby. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Hannah Daws adds, 'At the Haven , we treat breast cancer patients and the most popular therapies are acupuncture, nutrition, massage, aromatherapy, shiatsu, counselling and reflexology - all are carried out under the supervision of a nurse. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- The therapies most in demand were acupuncture, counselling and nutrition. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- The studies obtained in the search results were classified into three categories: effects of acupuncture therapy , practical reports of care prevention activities by acupuncture therapists, and collaboration with other occupations. (nii.ac.jp)
- Acupuncture is an energy therapy that is part of traditional Chinese medicine. (cancer.ca)
- books.google.com - Breaking down possible ailments into ten sections for convenient reference, this medical guide offers a wide range of possible cures and treatments drawing on alternate therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture, herbs, reflexology, and aromatherapy. (google.com)
- Some health insurance companies have started covering certain types of complementary therapies, such as acupuncture or chiropractic care. (lls.org)
- How this centuries-old technique works baffles many modern-day researchers, but acupuncture may help stimulate the body's pain-killing chemicals or influencing a release of chemicals that modulate the blood's flow and pressure, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. (everydayhealth.com)
- The World Health Organization states that acupuncture is useful as adjunct therapy in more than 50 disorders including low back pain, headaches and nausea. (psoriasis.org)
- Massage, spinal manipulation, and acupuncture are examples of complementary therapies that may be beneficial for people with migraines . (everydayhealth.com)
- Acupuncture This ancient Chinese therapy involves a trained acupuncturist inserting very fine needles in specific points in your skin, according to the NCCIH. (everydayhealth.com)
- Most people are familiar with aromatherapy, acupuncture, reflexology, chiropractic, osteopathy, homeopathy, and herbal medicine, but do not always know what they entail.Chiropractic and osteopathy are regulated therapies, and they along with acupuncture should in theory be available on the NHS. (healthysoul.co.uk)
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers is a privately held, fully integrated media company known for establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals in many promising areas of science and biomedical research, including Alternative and Complementary Therapies, Medical Acupuncture , and Journal of Medicinal Food . (eurekalert.org)
- herbal remedies and nutritional supplements are most common.1 A small percentage of glaucoma patients report trying acupuncture, and some wonder whether medical marijuana would help.2 Dietitians and eye health professionals must keep abreast of such therapies to ensure a collaborative partnership in which patients feel comfortable discussing such options. (todaysdietitian.com)
- Acupuncture is one of the best-known complementary and alternative medicines and can be traced back more than 2000 years in China. (basiccharity.org.uk)
- Acupuncture, hypnosis and meditation are well accepted by the surveyed GPs, as over 80% have referred patients to practitioners of these therapies and nearly half have considered using them. (mja.com.au)
- There is evidence in Australia of widespread acceptance of acupuncture, meditation, hypnosis and chiropractic by GPs and lesser acceptance of the other therapies. (mja.com.au)
- At least 15% of Australian GPs practise acupuncture, 16 the only non-orthodox therapy that attracts specific funding from Medicare. (mja.com.au)
- The summary includes a brief history of acupuncture practice, a review of laboratory and animal studies, the results of clinical observations and trials, and possible side effects of acupuncture therapy. (healthlinkbc.ca)
- Acupuncture, a complementary therapy used in symptom management,[ 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 ] is used clinically to manage cancer-related symptoms, treat side effects induced by chemotherapy or radiation therapy, boost blood cell count, and enhance lymphocyte and natural killer (NK) cell activity. (healthlinkbc.ca)
- ACAOM standards for a master's-level degree require a 3-year program (approximately 2,000 hours of study) for acupuncture and a 4-year program for Oriental medicine, which includes acupuncture and herbal therapy (www.ACAOM.org). (healthlinkbc.ca)
- Clinical trials report the use of acupuncture relieves nausea and vomiting from anticancer therapies (see Question 5). (cigna.com)
- Although the authors presented an excellent review of the oncologic and surgical considerations in the management of breast cancer, we feel there was a missed opportunity to educate primary care physicians on research supporting the benefits of complementary and alternative interventions, such as stress reduction, acupuncture, and yoga. (aafp.org)
- Complementary and alternative medicine use herbs, meditation, acupuncture, homeopathy and other approaches to treat different health issues. (sutterhealth.org)
- Some of the best therapies to use alongside conventional treatments include acupuncture, Alexander technique, aromatherapy and hydrotherapy, she said. (barchester.com)
- U.S. cancer patients increasingly use complementary medicine -- a combination of standard care along with therapies that fall outside of mainstream medicine (such as acupuncture or massage). (ahealthyme.com)
- Be prepared for your doctor to declare that she has limited knowledge of most of these integrative therapies, and that she would prefer you to hold off during active treatment. (bidmc.org)
- Increasingly, proponents of CAM are using the Integrative Therapies language. (bidmc.org)
- Most health care providers will agree that using complementary (also called alternative or integrative) therapies together with standard medicines can help people living with HIV live longer, healthier lives. (thewellproject.org)
- HIV and HIV drugs affect the immune system , which may influence how your body reacts to some complementary or integrative therapies. (thewellproject.org)
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has recently endorsed new guidelines on complementary therapies like these, encouraging breast cancer patients and their health care teams to consider using such approaches which have been shown to improve patient outcomes. (healthcentral.com)
- Though the terms complementary and alternative medicine are often used interchangeably, they represent two different approaches to the treatment of disease. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- This factsheet aims to inform you about some of the complementary therapies you might hear about and asks whether these approaches have been shown to be effective in improving bone health. (nos.org.uk)
- There are some studies showing that some complementary approaches can be helpful in dealing with pain (see the additional factsheet, Living with Osteoporosis: Complementary Therapies for Pain and Symptoms After Fractures ). (nos.org.uk)
- The best way to know whether a health treatment works better than a placebo treatment is by checking the evidence but, to date, there has been very little research into many complementary approaches. (nos.org.uk)
- New Rochelle, NY, December 2, 2015--Patients hospitalized for cancer treatment commonly use complementary and integrative health (CIH) approaches such as nutritional supplements, special diets, and massage according to a new study. (eurekalert.org)
- In the article "Improving Patient-Centered Care: A Cross-Sectional Survey of Prior Use and Interest in Complementary and Integrative Health Approaches Among Hospitalized Oncology Patients" , Rhianon Liu and Maria Chao, DrPH, University of California, San Francisco, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine evaluated the use of 12 different CIH approaches by patients in a surgical oncology ward. (eurekalert.org)
- Oncologists' and specialist cancer nurses' approaches to complementary and alternative medicine and their impact on patient action ," Social Science & Medicine , Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 2550-2564, June. (repec.org)
- This includes the setting of so-called complementary or alternative approaches for skin metastases. (eurekalert.org)
- CAM also encompasses movement therapies-a broad range of Eastern and Western movement-based approaches used to promote physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. (aamds.org)
- But people are increasingly also folding in complementary medicine approaches - which include nutrients, herbal remedies and other so-called natural supplements - with their cancer treatment regimes. (medworm.com)
- According to the NIH's National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), more than 30% of Americans-including many with myositis-use health care approaches that have been developed outside of conventional Western medicine. (myositis.org)
- If you are considering incorporating complementary or non-conventional approaches into your treatment regimen, it is important to discuss this with your medical doctor (rheumatologist, neurologist, primary care provider), so they can see the whole picture of what might be influencing your symptoms and recovery. (myositis.org)
- Approaches that may be offered as alternative therapies range from visualisation to diet and prayer, and products such as vitamin supplements, herbal and homeopathic medicines. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- These therapies cover a broad range of healing philosophies and approaches to health and illness. (mainehealth.org)
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is a way of treating patients with an array of healing philosophies, approaches and therapies that embrace a holistic approach to care - treating the mind, body and spirit. (schoolandyouth.org)
- To provide information on complementary health approaches and NCCAM, including publications and searches of federal databases of scientific and medical literature. (schoolandyouth.org)
Considering complementary and alternative therapies1
- When considering complementary and alternative therapies, try to find answers to the following questions from a member of your healthcare team or from the person who is providing the complementary or alternative therapy. (cancer.ca)
- Susan Allen Reflexology has helped numerous clients in Twickenham, Teddington and the borough of Richmond with General Health issues, Fertility preparation and Pregnancy support through complementary therapy. (thebestof.co.uk)
- Reflexology is one of the most wonderfully relaxing and effective holistic therapies you are ever likely to experience. (therapiesguide.co.uk)
- Pregnancy Therapies specialist (ex-midwife) and wide range of other holistic therapies including NO HANDS massage & reflexology. (therapiesguide.co.uk)
- You should also ask complementary therapists about their experience treating people with cancer, and whether there are any side effects to the therapy. (nbocc.org.au)
- I suspect that all Complementary Therapists (CT) would agree that, no matter which technique, 'map' or energy system is being used, amongst the myriad therapies on offer today, all would see themselves as dealing with the whole person. (positivehealth.com)
- Despite this degree of interest in and use of complementary therapies by family doctors, in the United States it has been estimated that 70% of people who attend non-medically trained complementary therapists do not inform their family doctor. (mja.com.au)
- This course is recognised by Holistic Therapists Australia (HTA) & International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT). (naturaltherapypages.com.au)
- The complementary therapists and alternative medicine providers listed on the town pages offer alternative healthcare covering a wide range of holistic medicine. (therapiesguide.co.uk)
- Comprising of 20 regional groups, a European and an international section, it maintains a comprehensive directory of qualified art therapists and works to promote art therapy in the UK. (jostrust.org.uk)
- BANT is the largest professional body for Nutritional Therapists and its primary function is to assist its members in attaining the highest standards of integrity, knowledge, competence and professional practice, in order to protect the client's interests, nutritional therapy and the Nutritional Therapist. (jostrust.org.uk)
- Integrative Medicine (IM) includes usual Western Medicine (WM) and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM), which can cover a broad area of medical practice. (nii.ac.jp)
- Reiki is an energy therapy that is part of a spiritual practice. (cancer.ca)
- The growth of natural therapy as an alternative to current medical practice creates a need for objective information. (google.com)
- Do you offer this therapy as part of your practice? (lls.org)
- Complementary therapies: have they become accepted in general practice? (mja.com.au)
- and training in and practice of each therapy. (mja.com.au)
- 11 Estimates of practice of complementary therapies by GPs vary from around 16% in Canada 8 and the UK, 6,12 to 30% in New Zealand, 10,13 47% in Holland (mainly homoeopathy) 14 and up to 85% in Germany (mainly herbal medicine). (mja.com.au)
- Some therapies are outside commonly accepted Western medical theory and practice, and others are becoming established in mainstream medicine. (mainehealth.org)
- The ICNM is a UK registered charity that was formed in 1982 to provide the public with information on all aspects of the safe and best practice of Complementary Medicine through its practitioners, courses and research. (jostrust.org.uk)
- The ICM administers the British Register of Complementary Practitioners (BRCP) which is a register of professional, competent practitioners who have all individually proved their competence to practice. (jostrust.org.uk)
- A review study in 2017 looked at the use of complementary therapies. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- We retrieved publicly available complementary DNA microarray data from 399 human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative primary breast cancer samples from patients who underwent standard neoadjuvant chemotherapy. (nii.ac.jp)
- Are alternative therapies as effective as chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy? (go.com)
- IM combines standard medicine (such as surgery, chemotherapy, drug therapy and radiation therapy) with safe and effective complementary therapies. (lls.org)
- While these are not nearly as well-studied as conventional therapies like surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, many people rely on them because they believe they can improve their chances of surviving their cancer or keeping recurrences at bay. (medworm.com)
- They are outside the orthodox range of surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, hormonal or targeted therapies. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- Depending on your blood cancer, this can include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapies or surgery. (leukaemiacare.org.uk)
- When a CAM therapy is used in addition to chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy or surgery, it's referred to as a "complementary" therapy. (schoolandyouth.org)
- These patients were more likely to refuse important aspects of care, such as chemotherapy, surgery, radiation or hormone therapy, the findings showed. (ahealthyme.com)
- There are insufficient data to determine whether homeopathy is a valid adjunctive therapy in the management of asthma. (springer.com)
- Complementary therapies are used alongside conventional medicine, whereas alternative medicines, like Chinese medicine and homeopathy, replace conventional medicine. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Lymphedema - Low-level laser therapy, manual lymphatic drainage, and compression bandaging can be offered to certain patients to relieve lymphedema related to breast cancer treatment. (healthcentral.com)
- There is insufficient evidence to support the use of chiropractic spinal manipulation and other manual therapies in the treatment of asthma. (springer.com)
- Recent research carried out at the Haven Breast Cancer charity showed that as many as 89 per cent of patients feel better as the result of receiving complementary therapies alongside traditional medical treatment,' says Hannah Daws. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Many people with hepatitis use complementary or alternative therapies, either as a treatment for liver disease or to help relieve symptoms or side-effects. (aidsmap.com)
- Check with your doctor before you start using any type of complementary or alternative treatment. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- Aloe is a plant-based therapy that some people use to treat side effects affecting the skin caused by cancer and its treatment. (cancerresearchuk.org)
- Treatment Fidelity in a Music Therapy Multi-site Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial for People Living With Dementia: The MIDDEL Project Intervention Fidelity Protocol. (nih.gov)
- By integrating complementary therapies into conventional treatment plans, healthcare providers are better able to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of their patients. (lls.org)
- Never begin a complementary treatment without speaking with your oncologist first and getting his or her approval. (lls.org)
- Existing scientific evidence has found that certain complementary therapies may alleviate cancer-related symptoms and treatment side effects such as nausea and fatigue. (lls.org)
- Patients enrolled in complementary studies receive the best standard cancer treatment either with or without the complementary therapies in question. (lls.org)
- If you are looking for a complementary health practitioner for treatment, it is important to conduct a careful and thorough search. (lls.org)
- Complementary therapies are not substitutes for the treatment and drugs you receive from your care providers. (ucsf.edu)
- If you are considering high doses of anti-oxidant vitamins, for example, please wait until your treatment has been completed as there is some evidence that they can interfere with the efficacy of your therapy. (bidmc.org)
- The therapies covered in this article are complementary therapies and should be just one part of a comprehensive fibromyalgia treatment plan. (prohealth.com)
- Researchers have evaluated a variety of complementary therapies as possible additions to conventional treatment for fibromyalgia. (prohealth.com)
- Balneotherapy, also called spa therapy, involves the use of thermal mineral water from natural springs, as well as natural gases (CO2, iodine, sulphur, radon, etc.), peloids (mud) and other soil-related remedies for the treatment of medical conditions. (prohealth.com)
- Sometimes, a conventional treatment can leave you feeling like you have little control over your health and treatment decisions and you might feel that in using a complementary approach, you are taking a more active and positive role in your health. (nos.org.uk)
- Complementary therapies, when used in conjunction with conventional treatment, may help. (everydayhealth.com)
- Is the therapy or treatment safe for me? (cancer.ca)
- Will the therapy affect my ability to have conventional treatment in the future? (cancer.ca)
- This includes therapies that help you cope with the emotional consequences of diagnosis and treatment. (nbocc.org.au)
- For this reason, you should always speak with your treatment team, tell them if you are using any complementary therapies, and ask about the potential benefits and their use alongside your conventional therapy. (nbocc.org.au)
- Complementary therapies are add-on therapies meant to be used along with traditional treatment, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). (everydayhealth.com)
- Why are many completely logical and rational people swayed into trying some bizarre and strange therapy and alternative treatment? (hubpages.com)
- Seeing good economic opportunity in this area has prompted some 'creative healers' to come out with some weird and strange therapy or treatment. (hubpages.com)
- There is no known medical research or study to confirm the efficacy and safety of this strange therapy but it has become a very popular form of alternative treatment. (hubpages.com)
- Hence, promoter of snake massage treatment will tell you that this therapy gives the adrenaline rush that is good for metabolism. (hubpages.com)
- If you are using or considering any alternative or complementary treatment for cholesterol, talk with your doctor and other healthcare providers. (howstuffworks.com)
- However, for some people these therapies aren't enough, and a small number of patients may refuse conventional treatment. (todaysdietitian.com)
- Nutritional supplements for eye health are one type of complementary treatment glaucoma patients can consider. (todaysdietitian.com)
- Some receiving the treatment noted additional health benefits after treatment, which sparked interest in other uses for the therapy. (medbroadcast.com)
- Speak with your doctor before considering chelation therapy, as the treatment can be risky for certain people. (medbroadcast.com)
- Alternative therapies are therapies that can be used along with medical treatment to help the patient feel better. (pancreasfoundation.org)
- A total of 884 study participants who received CAM therapies completed post-treatment interviews. (massagemag.com)
- There are many of these therapies, especially herbal products and topical creams, that can have a negative impact in cancer treatment. (eurekalert.org)
- Patients largely choose and pay for complementary therapies themselves and the relationship between patient and practitioner seems to be crucial in the effectiveness of the treatment. (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- I strongly believe that it is a potentially lethal error to substitute alternative therapy for other treatment in any case where effective proven therapy is known. (cancerguide.org)
- We always advise with any conditions, ailment or health problem you take independent medical advice from your GP before considering a complementrary therapy, alternative medicine or alternative treatment. (gotosee.co.uk)
- People diagnosed with cancer have a multitude of treatment options, many of which are standard therapies that have been well-studied to improve their chances of surviving their disease or avoiding recurrence. (medworm.com)
- Otolaryngologists-Head and neck surgeons, skilled surgeons and medical practitioners in diagnosing and treating conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and head and neck, are presented another dimension of treatment in this coverage of Complementary and Integrative medicine in otolaryngology. (elsevier.com)
- Their inclusion should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of the websites, or of any treatment or product, by the PDQ Integrative, Alternative, and Complementary Therapies Editorial Board or the National Cancer Institute. (healthlinkbc.ca)
- Antineoplaston therapy was developed by Dr. S. R. Burzynski, who proposed the use of antineoplastons as a possible cancer treatment in 1976. (cigna.com)
- What is the history of the discovery and use of antineoplastons as a complementary and alternative treatment for cancer? (cigna.com)
- Complementary therapies are noninvasive, non-pharmacologic adjuncts to mainstream treatment. (cancerconnect.com)
- Some patients use complementary and alternative therapies to gain a feeling of control over the treatment of their disease. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- Most patients will seek information about complementary therapies as they proceed with conventional cancer treatment options. (aafp.org)
- These practices can be used, along with conventional therapies, to lessen the physical and emotional side effects of breast cancer treatment. (lbbc.org)
- Complementary therapies are used alongside conventional treatment of your blood cancer. (leukaemiacare.org.uk)
- Integrative medicine is the combined use of complementary therapy with standard treatment. (lung.org)
- You need to know that the therapies will not interfere with your standard lung cancer treatment or cause side effects. (lung.org)
- Alternative therapy is lung cancer treatment used instead of conventional treatment. (lung.org)
- They combine complementary therapies with their standard treatment. (lung.org)
- Most cancer patients use complementary medicine with the hope to boost the immune system, control side effects related to the disease and conventional treatment, and relieve pain. (omicsonline.org)
- Many people use complementary therapies to help support themselves through cancer and its treatment. (jostrust.org.uk)
- Some doctors will even recommend courses of alternative therapy, but Ms Llewelyn warns people to be wary of any practitioner who recommends stopping conventional treatment altogether. (barchester.com)
- A complementary cancer therapy should be something that enhances orthodox cancer therapies to produce an Integrative Treatment package, which can increase your personal odds of survival. (canceractive.com)
- The people at Breast Cancer Haven have shown in their clinical work and the from their European-wide survey of cancer patients and their usage of complementary therapies published in 2005, that these therapies can support the well-being of the whole person as well as helping to alleviate specific side effects of treatment. (canceractive.com)
- Neither the patients nor the researcher(s) know which patients are receiving the therapy under study or the comparison (i.e., control) treatment. (oncolink.org)
- Anxiety - Meditation, music therapy, yoga, and group stress management programs were all recommended to reduce anxiety. (healthcentral.com)
- Depression and moodiness - Meditation, relaxation, yoga, massage, and music therapy were all recommended to treat depression and mood disturbances. (healthcentral.com)
- 1 There is evidence for the effectiveness of cognitive and behavioural techniques, such as relaxation and guided imagery in reducing symptoms and anxiety, 2, 3 and for cognitive behavioural techniques and therapies such as prayer and meditation in the management of pain. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
Benefits of using complementary and alter1
- We talk about the benefits of using complementary and alternative therapies with Dr Dawn Harper, co-presenter of Channel 4's 'Embarrassing bodies', James Le Fanu, The Daily Telegraph's doctor and author of 'The rise and fall of modern medicine, country GP Dr Louise Selby and Hannah Daws from the Haven Breast Cancer charity. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Often, this is due to subtle changes in hormones, inflammatory mediators, and nutritional deficiencies - all of which can be addressed by complementary therapies. (everydayhealth.com)
- Rainbow Nutrition offers one to one Nutritional Therapy based on your current diet, lifestyle and medical history. (therapiesguide.co.uk)
- Medical centres and NHS hospitals may offer varying complementary therapies alongside conventional medicine. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- There is evidence to support the effectiveness of some complementary therapies and for such therapies, clinicians should discuss their potential benefits and use alongside conventional therapies. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- that is, using the therapies alongside conventional medicine, rather than as alternatives to it. (graysonline.com)
- They also can use these therapies to help deal with symptoms of the disease or side effects from the medicines that treat the disease. (ucsf.edu)
- In addition, complementary medicines haven't been forced by law to go through the same large, costly research trials that all conventional medicines have to. (nos.org.uk)
- Other terms used to describe complementary and alternative medicines include 'holistic' or 'natural' medicine. (mssociety.org.uk)
- The term 'natural' can be misleading, as many complementary and alternative medicines are processed and are as 'unnatural' as any other drugs. (mssociety.org.uk)
- A growing number of people are turning to complementary therapies as a way to help manage symptoms, reduce side effects, and restore and promote a sense of control and vitality. (lls.org)
- Alternative/complementary therapies have become very popular among fibromyalgia patients seeking better, more effective and more natural methods to reduce their pain, fatigue and other FM symptoms. (prohealth.com)
- Several studies have found various forms of massage therapy to be effective for improving sleep and overall quality of life as well as reducing other symptoms of FM, such as pain, stiffness, fatigue, anxiety and depression. (prohealth.com)
- Massage therapy can also have a positive effect on stress levels, which can help with hypothyroid symptoms , the AMTA reports. (everydayhealth.com)
- Some psoriasis patients report alternative therapies can help relieve their psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis symptoms. (psoriasis.org)
- Black cohosh appears to be effective therapy for relieving menopausal symptoms, primarily hot flashes, in early menopause. (nih.gov)
- Kate Llewelyn, head of information at Arthritis Care, explained that many patients find 'complementary and alternative therapies helpful', as they can ease the symptoms of arthritis. (barchester.com)
- Vitamin therapy may relieve certain arthritic symptoms. (holistic-online.com)
Range of complementary therapies1
- In this study, we describe Victorian GPs' attitudes towards and use of a range of complementary therapies. (mja.com.au)
Variety of complementary therapies1
- One in six couples find it hard to conceive, but many people are unaware that a variety of complementary therapies could give those looking to start a family a helping hand. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Huntley A, White AR, Ernst E. Relaxation therapies for asthma: a systematic review. (springer.com)
- For other therapies, except massage, self-hypnosis and relaxation, you'll need to consult a complementary therapist who is qualified to care for pregnant women. (babycentre.co.uk)
- Yoga Nidra - Deep Relaxation Therapy - releases long term tensions and alternates the mind processes and patterns. (naturaltherapyforall.com)
- Complementary therapies that help place the body into a state of deep relaxation can be capable of altering how genes behave when responding to stress, a recent study has suggested. (gotosee.co.uk)
- Though scientific evidence on the benefits of TT remains limited, the therapy has shown potential to promote relaxation and to ease pain. (canada.com)
- For each study, we determined if it was a therapy that should be recommended, that may be helpful, that we didn't have evidence for, or that could do harm and should not be recommended. (healthcentral.com)
- He or she may point out that there is some evidence that some CAM therapies may interfere with the efficacy of radiation or chemo. (bidmc.org)
- You would think the mounting evidence would convince our oncology community that this is one complementary therapy that can only help and not hurt. (curetoday.com)
- Despite a lack of evidence that complementary therapies improve bone strength, some research shows people may feel a positive benefit from using complementary therapies because they feel an improvement in their quality of life, which for them is important. (nos.org.uk)
- Without this evidence, most doctors, for example, will be unwilling to recommend these therapies. (nos.org.uk)
- There is evidence to support the effectiveness of some complementary therapies. (nbocc.org.au)
- Growing evidence suggests certain complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies may be good adjuncts to conventional care. (todaysdietitian.com)
- Arthritis Research UK has commissioned an evidence-based report looking at how effective complementary therapies are for treating arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions. (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Very little evidence was found in support of commonly-used therapies such as copper and magnetic therapy. (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- These findings generate an urgent need for evidence of these therapies' effectiveness. (mja.com.au)
- There is evidence that the increasing public use of complementary medicine is paralleled by acceptance among family doctors. (mja.com.au)
- Clinicians should encourage discussion with their patients about complementary and alternative therapies in an open, evidence-based and patient-centred manner. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- Some complementary therapies have been subject to scientific evaluation and shown to be effective (Level I evidence). (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- There is little evidence that alternative therapies are effective. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- Enhancing Cancer Care is a practical, evidence-based guide to complementary cancer therapies, also described as natural or holistic therapies. (graysonline.com)
- More and more patients are turning to these therapies as there is now considerable evidence that they can help with symptom-control and quality-of-life, and that some may also extend survival. (graysonline.com)
- These chapters provide descriptions of the therapies, a summary of the evidence for their benefits in cancer care, and illustrative case histories. (graysonline.com)
- 1 ] Many managed care organizations have responded to this evidence by providing insurance coverage for some CAM therapies. (chiro.org)
- 7 ] However, lack of rigorous trend data from epidemiologic surveys have precluded evaluating this assumption rigorously or projecting the future growth of CAM therapies on the basis of evidence of past trends. (chiro.org)
- Information about how to weigh the strength of the evidence obtained in human studies of integrative, alternative, and complementary therapies for cancer. (oncolink.org)
Often used interchangeably1
- Integrative Cancer Therapies is a term that is often used interchangeably with CAM Therapies (Complementary and Alternative Medicine). (bidmc.org)
Types of therapies4
- These types of therapies focus on using a person's body and senses to promote healing and well-being. (ucsf.edu)
- Here you can learn about examples of these types of therapies. (ucsf.edu)
- More than 95% of patients expressed interest in at least one of these types of therapies if offered during their hospital stay, as reported in the article published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine , a peer-reviewed publication from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers . (eurekalert.org)
- There are many different types of therapies available so it's important you choose the one that works best for you. (leukaemiacare.org.uk)
- Some may work by releasing natural opioids within the body that can enhance the effects of pain medicine and medical therapies. (cancer.ca)
- In fact recent research shows that both Americans and Australians spend more of their own money on complementary than orthodox medical therapies. (healthdirectory.com.au)
- Clinical trials to study various complementary therapies are underway in many locations across the country to assess their safety, benefits, dosing and relative effectiveness. (lls.org)
- If you'd like to know more about complementary clinical trials, speak with your doctor or contact one of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Information Specialists at (800) 955-4572. (lls.org)
- The goal of this research was to provide insight into the full range of meaningful outcomes experienced by patients who participate in clinical trials of [CAM] therapies," according to a report published on www.pubmed.gov . (massagemag.com)
- The report used results from randomised clinical trials to assess the effectiveness and safety of complementary therapies commonly used to treat the two most common forms of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, as well as low back pain and the chronic musculoskeletal pain disorder fibromyalgia. (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
Common complementary therapies2
- A quarter to a third were interested in training in chiropractic, herbal medicine, naturopathy and vitamin and mineral therapy. (mja.com.au)
- Chiropractic/osteopathic manipulation, physical therapy and massage are included here. (aamds.org)
- According to the 2007 NHIS survey, chiropractic/therapy and massage ranked in the top 10 CAM therapies among both adults and children. (aamds.org)
- Traditional yoga and ayurveda institute among other holistic therapies. (angloinfo.com)
- However, she quickly explained that whilst she is a qualified physio (and let's remember that's what I asked for), she also practices esoteric therapy and it is her belief that fibromyalgia can be cured through this emerging complementary therapy that links physical pain to our emotions. (prohealth.com)
- This section explains the types of products, practices and theories that are considered complementary and alternative therapies. (aamds.org)
- TMA has combed the scientific literature and offers the following suggestions about complementary practices for your consideration. (myositis.org)
Type of complementary or alternative1
- Other studies overseas have reported that 63% - 83% of breast cancer patients use at least one type of complementary or alternative therapy. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- A gentle therapy by an experienced practitioner will leave you feeling so relaxed. (thebestof.co.uk)
- This Therapies A-Z gives a brief explanation of each therapy and details of how to find a practitioner, and some have articles and case studies attached to them. (healthysoul.co.uk)
- Quickly and easily find your nearest complementary therapy or alternative medicine practitioner in London or across the UK. (gotosee.co.uk)
- We do this by marketing each and every practitioner or therapy centre individually providing a marketing campaign that delivers value for money and covers its cost. (gotosee.co.uk)
- A practitioner is the person who provides the complementary or alternative medicine - for example, an acupuncturist, chiropractor, homeopath, massage therapist or osteopath. (mssociety.org.uk)
Guide to complementary1
- For more information on complementary and alternative therapies for lung cancer, visit The National Cancer Institute's Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine . (lung.org)
Interest in complementary1
- I work as a part-time GP in the Stroud Valleys where historically there has always been much interest in complementary therapies,' says Dr Dawn Harper. (netdoctor.co.uk)
Benefit from using complem1
- People with arthritis may benefit from using complementary methods to manage their pain, according to one expert. (barchester.com)
Alternative Cancer Therapies1
- We are not talking about Alternative Cancer Therapies here. (canceractive.com)
- It was established in 1986 as Complementary Medical Research, obtaining its current name in 1993. (wikipedia.org)
- This difference in stress may mean that women used Cats for stress reduction and if this were the case it would be important for future research to establish whether Cats achieve this goal more effectively than conventional psychological therapies. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- We invite investigators to contribute original research articles as well as review articles on complementary and alternative therapies for controlling inflammatory diseases. (hindawi.com)
- Some of the first studies on complementary therapies focused on exercise, and research has continued to accumulate about the positive impact for cancer patients and survivors - particularly when it comes to fatigue. (curetoday.com)
- In 1986, there was not as much research on complementary therapies as there is today. (curetoday.com)
- Research published in a 2014 issue of the International Journal of Yoga found that yoga therapy, in combination with conventional migraine therapy, led to less frequent and less painful migraines than conventional therapy alone. (everydayhealth.com)
- Patients who receive complementary and alternative (CAM) therapies, of which massage therapy is one, as part of back-pain care, report widespread benefits beyond what is captured by standard measurements, according to new research. (massagemag.com)
- More complete scientific research information about the usefulness and safety of complementary interventions is available through the NCCIH website. (myositis.org)
- CAMs is an area that's poorly researched, often because these therapies are rarely suited to traditional research techniques. (mssociety.org.uk)
- In 2012 The American Cancer Society produced a report saying that there had been an explosion in research into complementary therapies since 2006 and that complementary therapies such as Diet, Weight Control and exercise could increase survival and even prevent a cancer returning. (canceractive.com)
- The long term goal of this research is to develop effective complementary strategies to aid in the management of type 2 diabetes (T2DM). (clinicaltrials.gov)
- their use, their benefits, research and risks within Complementary and Integrative Medicine, or CIM. (canceractive.com)
- Although recent research has shown that many people in the United States use complementary and alternative medical (CAM) therapies, little is known about time trends in use. (chiro.org)
- Complementary Therapies in Medicine is a bimonthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering complementary and alternative medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- Often they don't receive training in integrative medicine or complementary therapies during medical school. (healthcentral.com)
- Can naturopaths deliver complementary preventive medicine? (cmaj.ca)
- Up to almost 60% of patients with asthma use some sort of complementary and alter native medicine therapy. (springer.com)
- About half of GPs in the UK now provide access to forms of therapy outside conventional medicine and these have soared in popularity over the past 10 years. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Combining conventional medicine with complementary therapies is referred to as 'integrative medicine', and many GPs now take this integrative approach - as up to one in three patients request these therapies. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Authors have continued the management of Integrative Medicine Japan (IMJ) and music therapy session for long. (nii.ac.jp)
- Integrative Medicine (IM) and/or Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) have been developing around the world. (nii.ac.jp)
- There were several important conferences in 2019 concerning Integrative Medicine (IM) and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). (nii.ac.jp)
- Meanwhile, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) provides natural and effective protection for those who suffer from inflammatory diseases. (hindawi.com)
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among cancer patients at the end of life: Korean national study. (caresearch.com.au)
- A few weeks ago, I wrote about a study suggesting that people who used CAM therapies instead of Western medicine died more quickly than those who took a traditional path. (bidmc.org)
- For guidance, contact the Institute for Complementary and Natural Medicine . (babycentre.co.uk)
- Alternative - refers to a non-mainstream therapy that is used in place of conventional medicine. (prohealth.com)
- In the past, conventional 'Western' medicine and complementary therapies were thought of as very separate, however, there are now some NHS healthcare settings (such as hospices) where you may experience the two working alongside each other in a more 'holistic' (whole-person-centred) approach. (nos.org.uk)
- The article is available to download for free on The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine website until January 2, 2016. (eurekalert.org)
- Complete tables of content and a sample issue may be viewed on The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine website. (eurekalert.org)
- SEARCH METHODS: We searched the The Cochrane Library, MEDLINE, EMBASE, AHMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine Database) and CBM (Chinese Biomedical Database) from the first year of the databases to June 2011. (uptodate.com)
- Often referred to as CAM (complementary and alternative medicine), the landscape is large and sometimes confusing. (bidmc.org)
- In recent years what can loosely be described as a sociology of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) has begun to emerge. (repec.org)
- Unanticipated benefits of CAM therapies for back pain: an exploration of patient experiences" is running in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (Apr;16(4):337-8). (massagemag.com)
- Mind-Body medicine is a major branch of complementary medicine. (cancerguide.org)
- Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Vol.16(2):157-63. (aamds.org)
- Johnson found that people who added a complementary medicine approach had twice the risk of dying during the nine-year study com. (medworm.com)
- For more information on all of these types of therapy, download our booklet Complementary and alternative medicine . (mssociety.org.uk)
- Many doctors, especially GPs, are responding to this by studying or practising complementary medicine. (healthdirectory.com.au)
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine fNCCAMl promotes laetrile therapy. (bartleby.com)
- Find books about Complementary and Alternative medicine on our Books Page and there are sections for Products and Courses related to Complementary Therapies. (therapiesguide.co.uk)
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) among menopausal women has increased in the last years. (nih.gov)
- Some therapies are consistent with physiological principles of Western medicine, while others constitute healing systems with a different origin. (mainehealth.org)
- Complementary medicine use among cancer patients varies according to geographical areas, disease diagnosis and gender. (omicsonline.org)
- The Therapies below are a part of what is now well known as Complementary and Integrative Medicine, or CIM. (canceractive.com)
- HIV type-1 subjects will receive one drug, a daily regimen of 'Kallunk oxide(Immunotherapy) + Long Pepper', that is a combination of a traditional alternative medicine ( Complementary and Alternative Medicine CAM) as 'Kallunk oxide' and appropriate drug carrier antidote. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The investigators compared 258 patients who used complementary medicine with 1,032 who didn't. (ahealthyme.com)
Addition to conventional1
- Therapies are used alone (often referred to as alternative), in combination with other alternative therapies, or, in addition to conventional therapies (sometimes referred to as complementary). (mainehealth.org)
- Lisbon, Portugal: Patients with advanced breast cancer that has spread to the skin are likely to cause more harm than good if they use complementary therapies to treat their skin lesions. (eurekalert.org)
- 6 Therapies considered potentially dangerous for women with advanced breast cancer include calcium supplementation for bone disease, iron and vitamin C supplementation by women receiving blood transfusions, diets that may be nutritionally inadequate and the frequent use of enemas. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- A recent survey of Australian women with breast cancer found that 87.5% had used complementary therapies, with many using 4 or more therapies. (canceraustralia.gov.au)
- Roughly two out of three cancer patients have tried at least one complementary therapy as part of their cancer care. (lls.org)
- Find out more about massage therapy . (cancer.ca)
- There are numerous types of massage therapy, each designed for a specific purpose. (prohealth.com)
- While massage therapy hasn't been studied directly for hypothyroidism, Dr. Brownstein believes it helps the lymph system and stimulates blood flow, which is beneficial for thyroid function. (everydayhealth.com)
- This will happen during snake massage therapy. (hubpages.com)
- Hence, the association of snake massage therapy to the above benefits of the adrenaline rush. (hubpages.com)
- So can we also assume the same with snake massage therapy? (hubpages.com)
- Likewise, in snake massage therapy with snake's sliding movement over your body will improve blood circulation. (hubpages.com)
- Massage therapy involves touch and different techniques of stroking or kneading the muscles of the body. (pancreasfoundation.org)
- Massage therapy should only be done by a licensed massage therapist. (pancreasfoundation.org)
- Heat should not be used on areas of skin that have received radiation therapy. (cancer.ca)
- Almost two-third of all cancer patients will receive radiation therapy. (omicsonline.org)
- Radiation therapy is the use of ionizing radiation to treat cancer patients with radical or palliative intent. (omicsonline.org)
- Radical radiation therapy is delivered with the intent to produce a high rate of local tumour control with acceptable normal tissue complications. (omicsonline.org)
- Palliative radiation therapy is delivered over a shorter period of time and all the dose may be given in a single fraction. (omicsonline.org)
- About 40% to 50% of patients referred to oncology clinics are managed with palliative radiation therapy. (omicsonline.org)
- Indications for palliative radiation therapy include brain metastases, bone metastases, superior vena cava syndrome, spinal cord compression and bleeding associated with cervical cancer, head and neck, stomach and bladder. (omicsonline.org)
- Johnson, chief resident in radiation oncology at Yale, added, "Unfortunately, there is a great deal of confusion about the role of complementary therapies. (ahealthyme.com)