Transformation of ministries of health in the era of health reform: the case of Colombia. (1/842)Ministries of health are being called upon to lead major health reforms; at the same time they must reform themselves to become more modern institutions and assume new and different functions and roles in the more dynamic reformed system. The literature on public administration and on health reform has recommended many processes of institutional reform and development, building on private sector management techniques, popularized by 'reinventing government' and 'total quality management'. More recently, thoughtful insights have emphasized improving public management through a focus on creating 'public value'; on political, as well as administrative, leadership; improving institutional performance through strengthening the 'task networks' of organizations needed to achieve strategic objectives; and creating a learning culture within the organization. This article applies these recent approaches to the specific needs of ministries of health in order to improve their capacity to lead major health reforms. This combined approach is then used to analyze and make recommendations to the Ministry of Health in Colombia where the authors were providing technical support for a major new health reform. (+info)
Bednet impregnation for Chagas disease control: a new perspective. (2/842)BACKGROUND: To determine the efficacy and acceptability of deltamethrin-impregnated bednets in controlling Chagas disease in South America. METHODS: In three endemic departments of Colombia, a qualitative study on people's knowledge about Chagas disease, vectors, preventive measures and their willingness for collaboration in control operations was undertaken. Additionally, in an entomological study with 100 laboratory-bred Chagas vectors (Rhodnius prolixus), vectors were released for 5 nights (20 each night) in an experimental room, with the human bait protected for one night by an unimpregnated and for four nights by a deltamethrin-impregnated bednet (13 mg/m2). Vectors were stained with fluorescent powder for observation, collected after 10 h exposure in the experimental room and observed for a further 72 h. RESULTS: The study population did not know anything about Chagas disease, but believed the vector to transmit cutaneous leishmaniasis. Therefore willingness to take part in control operations was high. The experimental hut study showed a vector mortality rate of 95% in a room with impregnated nets and of 10% in a room with unimpregnated nets. CONCLUSION: This study opens a new perspective for Chagas disease control in integrated vector borne disease prevention programmes. (+info)
Microsatellites provide evidence for Y chromosome diversity among the founders of the New World. (3/842)Recently, Y chromosome markers have begun to be used to study Native American origins. Available data have been interpreted as indicating that the colonizers of the New World carried a single founder haplotype. However, these early studies have been based on a few, mostly complex polymorphisms of insufficient resolution to determine whether observed diversity stems from admixture or diversity among the colonizers. Because the interpretation of Y chromosomal variation in the New World depends on founding diversity, it is important to develop marker systems with finer resolution. Here we evaluate the hypothesis of a single-founder Y haplotype for Amerinds by using 11 Y-specific markers in five Colombian Amerind populations. Two of these markers (DYS271, DYS287) are reliable indicators of admixture and detected three non-Amerind chromosomes in our sample. Two other markers (DYS199, M19) are single-nucleotide polymorphisms mostly restricted to Native Americans. The relatedness of chromosomes defined by these two markers was evaluated by constructing haplotypes with seven microsatellite loci (DYS388 to 394). The microsatellite backgrounds found on the two haplogroups defined by marker DYS199 demonstrate the existence of at least two Amerind founder haplotypes, one of them (carrying allele DYS199 T) largely restricted to Native Americans. The estimated age and distribution of these haplogroups places them among the founders of the New World. (+info)
Differential accumulation of transcripts encoding sulfur assimilation enzymes upon sulfur and/or nitrogen deprivation in Arabidopsis thaliana. (4/842)Expression of nine genes encoding enzymes involved in the sulfur assimilation pathway was examined by RNA blot hybridization. Significantly increased levels of transcripts encoding ATP sulfurylase and APS reductase were apparent under sulfur deprivation. However, in the absence of nitrogen, their responsiveness to sulfur deprivation was markedly reduced. Results suggest that the sulfur assimilation pathway is regulated at the transcriptional level by both nitrogen and sulfur sources. (+info)
Relationship between Helicobacter pylori iceA, cagA, and vacA status and clinical outcome: studies in four different countries. (5/842)There is continuing interest in identifying Helicobacter pylori virulence factors that might predict the risk for symptomatic clinical outcomes. It has been proposed that iceA and cagA genes are such markers and can identify patients with peptic ulcers. We compared H. pylori isolates from four countries, looking at the cagA and vacA genotypes, iceA alleles, and presentation of the infection. We used PCR to examine iceA, vacA, and cagA status of 424 H. pylori isolates obtained from patients with different clinical presentations (peptic ulcer, gastric cancer, and atrophic gastritis). The H. pylori isolates examined included 107 strains from Bogota, Colombia, 70 from Houston, Tex., 135 from Seoul, Korea, and 112 from Kyoto, Japan. The predominant genotype differed among countries: the cagA-positive iceA1 vacA s1c-m1 genotype was predominant in Japan and Korea, the cagA-positive iceA2 vacA s1b-m1 genotype was predominant in the United States, and the cagA-positive iceA2 vacA s1a-m1 genotype was predominant in Colombia. There was no association between the iceA, vacA, or cagA status and clinical outcome in patients in the countries studied. iceA status shows considerable geographic differences, and neither iceA nor combinations of iceA, vacA, and cagA were helpful in predicting the clinical presentation of an H. pylori infection. (+info)
Amplification of a 500-base-pair fragment from cultured isolates of Mycobacterium bovis. (6/842)The presence of a 500-bp fragment which amplifies a region from the genome of Mycobacterium bovis (J. G. Rodriguez, G. A. Meija, P. Del Portillo, M. E. Patarroyo, and L. A. Murillo, Microbiology 141:2131-2138, 1995) was evaluated by carrying out PCR on 121 M. bovis isolates. The M. bovis strains, previously characterized by culture and biochemical tests, were isolated from cattle in different regions of Argentina, Mexico, and Colombia. Four additional strains isolated from sea lions that belong to the M. tuberculosis complex were also included in the study. All of the isolates tested were PCR positive, rendering the expected 500-bp band and giving a correlation of 100% with previous microbiological characterization. Southern blot analysis revealed a common band of 1, 800 bp and a polymorphic high-molecular-mass hybridization pattern. The results show that this assay may be useful for diagnosis and identification of M. bovis in cattle. (+info)
Dissemination of a chloramphenicol- and tetracycline-resistant but penicillin-susceptible invasive clone of serotype 5 Streptococcus pneumoniae in Colombia. (7/842)A national surveillance conducted in Colombia between 1994 and 1996 identified serotype 5 Streptococcus pneumoniae as the second most frequent cause of invasive disease in children younger than 5 years of age. All 43 serotype 5 isolates collected during this period were shown to be susceptible to penicillin, erythromycin, cefotaxime, and vancomycin, but most (38 of 43, or 88%) were highly resistant to chloramphenicol. In order to clarify a possible genetic relatedness among these isolates, additional microbiological and molecular characterizations were performed. Most (40 of 43, or 93%) of the isolates were found to be resistant to tetracycline. Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) patterns of chromosomal DNAs revealed that all the 43 isolates were closely related and that 38 of the 43 isolates were representatives of a "Colombian clone" of S. pneumoniae isolates which were recovered throughout the 3-year surveillance period from patients in 13 hospitals located in five Colombian cities. Isolates belonging to this Colombian clone were resistant to chloramphenicol and tetracycline, hybridized with the cat and tetM DNA probes in the same 340-kb SmaI fragment, and had identical PFGE patterns after both SmaI and ApaI digestions. (+info)
Identification of Mycobacterium bovis in bovine clinical samples by PCR species-specific primers. (8/842)Tuberculosis, caused by Mycobacterium bovis is emerging as the most important disease affecting cattle. Furthermore, it results in a major public health problem when transmitted to humans. Due to its difficult and non-specific diagnosis, M. bovis has been declared to be one of the etiologic agents causing significant economic loss in the cattle industry. Our group evaluated a more rapid and specific method, based on a new polymerase chain reaction species-specific primers, which amplifies a 470-base pair fragment of the M. bovis genome. A total of 275 milk-producing cows were studied by intradermal tuberculin test (ITT) which gave 184 positive and 91 negative cases. From them, 50 animals were taken from a cattle ranch free of tuberculosis. Three different samples were collected from each animal (blood, nasal mucus, and milk). Positive results were obtained from 26 animals by PCR (11.4%), 1 by bacteriological culturing (0.4%) and 1 by bacilloscopy (0.4%). This finding suggests, as in previous reports, that ITT, normally used for bovine tuberculosis detection, has the inconvenience of having a broad range of specificity and sensitivity, and the PCR technique is a more specific and sensitive test to detect infection associated with M. bovis. Therefore, we propose this PCR assay as a useful tool in the epidemiological characterization of infected animals in areas considered to be at high risk of transmission. (+info)
Category:Magdalena River - Wikimedia Commons
Río Magdalena (es); Magdalena River (en-gb); Магдалена (bg); Râul Magdalena (ro); دریائے مگدالینا (ur); Magdalena (sk); Магдалена (uk); 馬格達萊納河 (zh-hant); 马格达莱纳河 (zh-cn); 마그달레나강 (ko); Magdalena (eo); Magdalena (cs); मैग्डलीन नदी (bho); মাগদালেনা নদী (bn); río Magdalena (fr); Magdalena (hr); Sông Magdalena (vi); Río Magdalena (af); Магдалена (sr); Rio Magdalena (pt-br); 马格达莱纳河 (zh-sg); Magdalenaelva (nn); Magdalena (nb); Maqdalena çayı (az); Magdalena River (en); نهر ماجدالينا (ar); Río Magdalena (br); 馬德蓮娜河 (yue); Magdalena (hu); Magdalena ibaia (eu); ríu Magdalena (ast); ماقدالنا چایی (azb); Магдалена (ba); Afon Magdalena (cy); Рака Магдалена (be); Մագդալենա (hy); 马格达莱纳河 (zh); Magdalena (fy); მაგდალენა (ka); マグダレナ川 (ja); נהר מגדלנה (he); ...
Category:Magdalena River - Wikimedia Commons
Río Magdalena (es); Magdalena River (en-gb); Магдалена (bg); Râul Magdalena (ro); دریائے مگدالینا (ur); Magdalena (sk); Магдалена (uk); 馬格達萊納河 (zh-hant); 马格达莱纳河 (zh-cn); 마그달레나강 (ko); Magdalena (eo); Magdalena (cs); मैग्डलीन नदी (bho); মাগদালেনা নদী (bn); río Magdalena (fr); Magdalena (hr); Sông Magdalena (vi); Río Magdalena (af); Магдалена (sr); Rio Magdalena (pt-br); 马格达莱纳河 (zh-sg); Magdalenaelva (nn); Magdalena (nb); Maqdalena çayı (az); Magdalena River (en); نهر ماجدالينا (ar); Río Magdalena (br); 馬德蓮娜河 (yue); Magdalena (hu); Magdalena ibaia (eu); ríu Magdalena (ast); ماقدالنا چایی (azb); Магдалена (ba); Afon Magdalena (cy); Рака Магдалена (be); Մագդալենա (hy); 马格达莱纳河 (zh); Magdalena (fy); მაგდალენა (ka); マグダレナ川 (ja); נהר מגדלנה (he); ...
Welcome to CDC stacks | Eco-geographical differentiation among Colombian populations of the Chagas disease vector Triatoma...
Triatoma dimidiata is currently the main vector of Chagas disease in Mexico, most Central American countries and several zones of Ecuador and Colombia. Although this species has been the subject of several recent phylogeographic studies, the relationship among different populations within the species remains unclear. To elucidate the population genetic structure of T. dimidiata in Colombia, we analyzed individuals from distinct geographical locations using the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 gene and 7 microsatellite loci. A clear genetic differentiation was observed among specimens from three Colombian eco-geographical regions: Inter Andean Valleys, Caribbean Plains and Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountain (SNSM). Additionally, evidence of genetic subdivision was found within the Caribbean Plains region as well as moderate gene flow between the populations from the Caribbean Plains and SNSM regions. The genetic differentiation found among Colombian populations correlates, albeit weakly, with an ...
Santa Fe de Antioquia hermoso apartasol - Flats for Rent in Santa Fé de Antioquia, Antioquia, Colombia
27 Sep 2021 - Entire home/flat for ₹3962. Este mágico lugar se encuentra ubicado en Santa Fe de Antioquia a 80 kilómetros de Medellín y a 3 min en carro del parque principal. Este apartamen...
Philosophy - Accelerate Colombia
Accelerate Colombia is the international Business Acceleration platform between the US and Colombia that allows a bi-directional flow of knowledge, ideas and capital and access to new markets. It connects the emerging entrepreneurial community in Colombia with the highly-developed startup ecosystem in Boston, Massachusetts. In Accelerate Colombia, American entrepreneurs support Colombian entrepreneurs in an advanced acceleration process to learn the American ways of building startup companies.. Accelerate Colombia operates cohorts in Colombia on an ongoing basis. The accelerator provides American start-up skills and know-how to promising technology focused startups who have revenue and traction and the potential to scale internationally. This accelerator will provide an American startup experience for the entrepreneurial teams employing the proven acceleration methodology and support from US mentors and experts. The focus of the Accelerate Colombia process is to prepare the startups with the ...
201 best Mi Colombia bella images on Pinterest | Bogota colombia, Colombia south america and Colombia travel
Explore Nana R.Vidals board Mi Colombia bella on Pinterest. | See more ideas about Bogota colombia, Colombia south america and Colombia travel.
El Neoliberalismo En Colombia Pdf
Multiple upload formats, automatic conversion to. Bhutan, colombia, bolivia, costa rica el presente artculo. Presents an assessment and. Less state has placed restrictions on april. Hand it was in november, when the region and greece. Europe to implement severe economic austerity. Read pdf. comer conjugation in imperfect Only partially explained by. State of grater freedom. . Fact that colombia agree to improve the s. Drastic neoliberal policies called for. Colombia, guatemala and thailand at the. how does vasoconstriction in the kidney increased blood pressure Presents an overview of. Facultad de cannes. pantalla colombia. Dresdner. Chile colombia. Multicultural constitutional reforms implemented closely. Pretends, submitting to neoliberal hegemony. Or as colombia, and. Too, near the program promises to continue pursuing trade agreements. Deepening of neoliberal transformation in. Intervening in global governance. Number of. Lesser extent in colombia leech. Reforms, the. Peru, and with panama, ...
Amerind Ancestry, Socioeconomic Status and the Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes in a Colombian Population
The thrifty genotype hypothesis proposes that the high prevalence of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in Native Americans and admixed Latin Americans has a genetic basis and reflects an evolutionary adaptation to a past low calorie/high exercise lifestyle. However, identification of the gene variants underpinning this hypothesis remains elusive. Here we assessed the role of Native American ancestry, socioeconomic status (SES) and 21 candidate gene loci in susceptibility to T2D in a sample of 876 T2D cases and 399 controls from Antioquia (Colombia). Although mean Native American ancestry is significantly higher in T2D cases than in controls (32% v 29%), this difference is confounded by the correlation of ancestry with SES, which is a stronger predictor of disease status. Nominally significant association (P,0.05) was observed for markers in: TCF7L2, RBMS1, CDKAL1, ZNF239, KCNQ1 and TCF1 and a significant bias (P,0.05) towards OR,1 was observed for markers selected from previous T2D genome-wide association ...
ColombiaBeauties.com - Find Hot Colombian Women Looking Love
ColombiaBeauties.com is an International Latino dating sites that brings you direct communication with Colombian girls. Meet hot colombian women online today!
188.8.131.52 is located in Medellin, Colombia by GTD Colombia S.A.S - IPLocationTools
This IP address 184.108.40.206 is located in Colombia, Antioquia, Medellin. The ISP of this IP address is GTD Colombia S.A.S. The area code is 04. The postcode is -. The IDD code of this country (Colombia) is 57. The current time is 22 Sep, 2021 08:09 PM (UTC -05:00).
Four new species of Pleurothallis (Orchidaceae: Pleurothallidinae) from the Valle del Cauca Department in Colombia |...
Pleurothallis indecora, P. juvenilis, P. lueriana and P. queremalensis are described from material collected in the municipality of Dagua, department of Valle del Cauca, Colombia. The four species were found during field inventories of the Orchidaceae in San José del Salado and El Queremal, they are illustrated, and a comparison with their closest relatives is provided. ...
Genetic structure of Antioquia Holstein from two SNPs and association with dairy traits | Revista MVZ Córdoba
ABSTRACT Objective. Analyze the structure and genetic differentiation of a population of Antioquia Holstein cows from the polymorphisms A192G of INHA and A-320T of FSHR, and explore the association of the genotypic combinations with milk traits. Materials and methods. 1240 lactations of 356 animals from 9 herds in 6 municipalities of Antioquia were analyzed. Genotyping was performed by PCR-RFLP. Structure and genetic diversity parameters were determined using GenAlex software. The association of genotypes combinations with productive and reproductive traits was explored through a linear mixed model. Results. SNP A192G showed a frequency of 0.534 and 0.466 for A and G alleles respectively and SNP A-320T had a frequency of 0.660 far A allele and 0.339 for T allele, this way the population is in HWE. The FST, FIS and FIT values were 0.059, 0.285 and 0.328 respectively indicating a moderate genetic differentiation between subpopulations. The A-320T SNP showed significant effect on milk
Characterisation of Artemia populations from Colombia for use in aquaculture = Caracterización de poblaciones de Artemia de...
Similarly, for Artemia populations classified by their geographic origin, male and female individuals again separate the Colombian populations from the North American (SFB) populations. According to the analysis, Salina Cero male population is similar to its neighboring Galerazamba population and is also related to the other Colombian populations, and this is consistent with the previous findings using RAPDs and also likely to be explained by the existence of a geographic barrier (Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta). Apparently, as deduced from the influence of lunar cycles and sampling time study the conglomerates formed by brine shrimp are asynchronous. Finally, it is recommended to conduct Artemia surveys preferably late in the evening or alternatively during early morning since Artemia tends to distribute more uniformly during the evening (dark and cool), when water temperature is lower, particularly in saltworks, where the evaporation basins are shallow ...
Characterization and source identification of VOC species in Bogotá, Colombia
Characterization and source identification of VOC species in Bogotá, Colombia. Juan Felipe Franco and José Pacheco. Grupo de Estudios en Sostenibilidad Urbana y Regional (SUR), Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de los Andes, Carrera 1 Este 19A-40, Bogotá, Colombia. Corresponding author: J. F. Franco; e-mail: [email protected] Luis Carlos Belalcázar. Departamento de Ingeniería Química y Ambiental, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, DC 111321 Bogotá, Colombia. Eduardo Behrentz. Grupo de Estudios en Sostenibilidad Urbana y Regional (SUR), Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de los Andes, Carrera 1 Este 19A-40, Bogotá, Colombia. Received May 7, 2014; accepted October 2, 2014. RESUMEN. En este trabajo se caracterizan compuestos orgánicos volátiles (VOC, por sus siglas en inglés) en aire ambiente en tres sitios de monitoreo ubicados en el perímetro urbano de Bogotá, Colombia. Se realizaron mediciones en línea de VOC con una resolución temporal de 30 min utilizando un ...
220.127.116.11 is located in Cali, Colombia by Colombia Movil - IPLocationTools
This IP address 18.104.22.168 is located in Colombia, Valle del Cauca, Cali. The ISP of this IP address is Colombia Movil. The area code is 02. The postcode is -. The IDD code of this country (Colombia) is 57. The current time is 19 Sep, 2021 09:21 PM (UTC -05:00).
Copa Davis 2017 / Davis Cup 2017 / Colombia vs Croacia / Copa Davis 2017 / Davis Cup 2017 / Colombia vs Croatia | VizzorImage
BOGOTA - COLOMBIA - 14 - 09 -2019: Marin Cilic de Croacia, devuelve la bola a Alejandro Gonzalez de Colombia, durante Partido de la Copa Davis entre los equipos de Colombia y Croacia, partidos por el ascenso al Grupo Mundial de Copa Davis por BNP Paribas, en la Plaza de Toros La Santamaria en la ciudad de Bogota. / Marin Cilic of Croatia, returns the ball to Alejandro Gonzalez of Colombia during a Davis Cup draw between the teams of Colombia and Croatia, match promoted to the World Group Davis Cup by BNP Paribas, at the La Santamaria Ring Bull in Bogota city. / Photo: VizzorImage / Luis Ramirez / Staff.
Hetke ilm Colombia, Rosal��a - www.ee
Hetke ilm Colombia, Rosal��a - www.ee - ilm Rosal��a Colombia, ilmajaam Rosal��a Colombia, ilmaennustus Rosal��a Colombia, ilmaprognoos Rosal��a Colombia, temperatuur Rosal��a Colombia, sadu, sademed, vihm, lumi, talv, kevad, suvi, sügis, päike, pilv, kuu, päev, kraad, kuufaasid
Colombia Accompaniment Program - Presbyterian Peace Fellowship
Would you consider giving a month to accompany our Colombian sisters and brothers in the midst of violence?. Leaders in the Presbyterian Church of Colombia are taking great risks in their human rights work and their support of the communities of Colombians who have been displaced by the violence of the forty-year war in their country. They have asked us to act as international accompaniers in order to provide a measure of safety-international eyes-for their work. Read reports from current and past Accompaniers here.. The Presbyterian Peace Fellowship is working with PC(USA) World Mission and the Presbyterian Church of Colombia to train and deploy short-term mission workers to Colombia. To date (since 2004) we have trained over 150 volunteers, over 100 whom have served.. The next Colombia Accompaniment training will be held October 11-14, 2019 in Montreat, NC. Participants are responsible for their own travel to the training. Once there, your expenses are covered by the Colombia Accompaniment ...
Higher Education in Regional and City Development Higher Education in Regional and City Development: Antioquia, Colombia...
Higher Education in Regional and City Development Higher Education in Regional and City Development: Antioquia, Colombia ISBN (PDF) OECD 2012 Corrigendum The annexes on the following
Crazy Colombian Mail Order Brides Tips - KiTCHENUP
They have these qualities too and thats the reason why Columbian attempt to create a robust union full of love and mutual understanding. Another aim of their matrimony is plenty of youngsters. They are great mothers and theres a lot of expertise Colombian women can train their little infants. Generosity is a characteristic that Colombian brides worth lots in males. If you dont know the means to please a Colombian girlfriend, give her your credit card and let her do buying. Besides, in Colombia, males are anticipated to take all expenses for the date, together with a restaurant invoice. If you are not ready to spend on your Colombian lady vast sums of cash, manage a romantic date on the open air.. It is a good a half of their tradition, ever seen a Colombian festival? You will discover they gown up in very colorful and beautiful clothes. In their on a daily basis lives too, they take nice care to handle their appearances properly. Because of their femininity and wonder, Colombian women for ...
Hacienda El Reporter Map - Valle del Cauca, Colombia - Mapcarta
Hacienda El Reporter is in Valle del Cauca and has an elevation of 1,071 metres. Hacienda El Reporter is situated nearby to Hacienda Vanegas.
KRISP Paper - Effect of female genital schistosomiasis and anti-schistosomal treatment on monocytes, CD4+ T-cells and CCR5...
BACKGROUND: Schistosoma haematobium is a waterborne parasite that may cause female genital schistosomiasis (FGS), characterized by genital mucosal lesions. There is clinical and epidemiological evidence for a relationship between FGS and HIV. We investigated the impact of FGS on HIV target cell density and expression of the HIV co-receptor CCR5 in blood and cervical cytobrush samples. Furthermore we evaluated the effect of anti-schistosomal treatment on these cell populations. DESIGN: The study followed a case-control design with post treatment follow-up, nested in an on-going field study on FGS. METHODS: Blood and cervical cytobrush samples were collected from FGS negative and positive women for flow cytometry analyses. Urine samples were investigated for schistosome ova by microscopy and polymerase chain reaction (PCR). RESULTS: FGS was associated with a higher frequency of CD14+ cells (monocytes) in blood (11.5% in FGS+ vs. 2.2% in FGS-, p = 0.042). Frequencies of CD4+ cells expressing CCR5 ...
Influence of variations in CCL3L1 and CCR5 on tuberculosis in a northwestern Colombian population
We investigated the association of polymorphisms in CCR5, the major human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 coreceptor, and copy number of its potent ligand CCL3L1 with tuberculosis in 298 individuals from Colombia.. The CCR5-HHD haplotype, a known genetic determinant of increased susceptibility to HIV-AIDS, and a high copy number of CCL3L1, a known genetic determinant of enhanced CCL3/CCL3L1 chemokine expression, each associated with presence of tuberculosis. Furthermore, CCR5-HHD was associated with higher CCR5 gene and surface expression. These results substantiate the strong link between the pro-inflammatory effects of CCR5 and its ligands with active tuberculosis and suggest that chemokine-chemokine receptor genetic determinants may influence tuberculosis in addition to HIV/AIDS.. ...
Compare Algeria To Colombia
With its 46,245,297 people, Colombia is the 29th largest country in the world by population. It is the 26th largest country in the world by area with 1,138,910 square kilometers. Colombia was one of the three countries that emerged from the collapse of Gran Colombia in 1830 (the others are Ecuador and Venezuela). A nearly five-decade long conflict between government forces and anti-government insurgent groups, principally the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) heavily funded by the drug trade, escalated during the 1990s. More than 31,000 former paramilitaries had demobilized by the end of 2006 and the United Self Defense Forces of Colombia as a formal organization had ceased to function. In the wake of the paramilitary demobilization, emerging criminal groups arose, whose members include some former paramilitaries. The insurgents lack the military or popular support necessary to overthrow the government, but continue attacks against civilians. Large areas of the countryside are under ...
How Much Does it Cost to Travel Colombia, plus our Colombia Itinerary
Arriving in Colombia, we didnt know what to expect. The brutal coastal heat in Cartagena drove us south to San Gil and then Medellin where the temperature was cooler and the landscape was greener. This was when we started to warm up to Colombia and started to understand why everybody loves Colombia.. In the end, it was hard not to be won over by the beautiful Colombian landscape, the good vibes, and the friendliness of everyone weve come across during our visit. ...
OECD Investment Policy Reviews: Colombia 2012 - en - OECD
This Investment Policy Review examines Colombias achievements in developing an open and transparent investment regime and its efforts to reduce restrictions on international investment. The Review shows that, in the past few years, Colombia has made tremendous progress in promoting investment liberalisation and improving its investment policy framework. Colombia has also recently undertaken important policy reforms in many of the areas covered by the Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, including human rights, labour issues and bribery. In recognition of its progress in pursuing policy reforms to promote investment liberalisation and improving the business climate, Colombia became the 43rd country to adhere to the OECD Declaration on International Investment and Multinational Enterprises. As an adherent to the Declaration, Colombia commits to providing national treatment to foreign investors and to promoting responsible business conduct, in line with the Guidelines for Multinational
Map of Republic of Colombia | Colombia Map Reproduction | Vintage Colombia Map | | eBay
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Map of Republic of Colombia | Colombia Map Reproduction | Vintage Colombia Map | at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
Abstract: Epidemiologic and clinical profile of hospitalized HIV Colombian patients (IDWeek 2016)
Background:Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has changed the natural history of HIV-infection; the incidence of opportunistic infections (OIs) and mortality associated to HIV has improved dramatically. Methods:Descriptive study of patients admitted with HIV/AIDS at six hospitals in Medellin, Colombia where demographic, laboratory, and clinical data were prospectively collected during one year. Results: 553 HIV-infected patients were admitted: 76% were male and the mean age was 39.4 years (SD +12.3). Diagnosis of HIV was made in 21.8% during the index admission,58.4% had a diagnosis for more than one year and 68.9% were diagnosed in an advanced stage of the disease. Prior AIDS-defining conditions were present in 42.4%; the most frequent one was tuberculosis. 63.2% of patients were on HAART at the time of admission, but only 54.1% were adherent. More than 50% of patients had CD4 counts less than 200 CD4 cells/uL and viral loads more than 100,000 copies. The main reasons for hospital ...
Jakadrien Turner: Deported Texas Teen Returns to U.S. …from Colombia | Faustas Blog
When she was arrested on April 2, 2011, for misdemeanor theft, she told Houston police her name was Tika Lanay Cortez, a Colombian woman born in 1990.. Unable to determine her true identity or immigration status, officials at Houstons Harris County Jail handed the teen over the federal immigration officials.. They said they found nothing to indicate that Jakadrien wasnt a Colombian woman, and that the teen claimed to be Cortez throughout the criminal proceedings in Houston and federal deportation process.. An immigration judged remanded Jakadrien to Colombia, where officials provided her with the necessary travel document and declared her a citizen.. ...
Fruit tour with Sara - Review of Capture Colombia Tours, Medellin, Colombia - Tripadvisor
Capture Colombia Tours: Fruit tour with Sara - See 85 traveler reviews, 65 candid photos, and great deals for Medellin, Colombia, at Tripadvisor.
Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia in Medellin | Hotel Rates & Reviews on Orbitz
Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia at Medellin (and vicinity), Colombia: Find the best deals with user reviews, photos, and discount rates for Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia at Orbitz. Get our lowest rates or cash back. And, pay no Orbitz hotel change or cancel fees.
Colombias Rural population(Comparison Chart) | GraphToChart
Colombias Rural population is 9,512,141 which is the 58th highest in the world ranking. Transition graphs on Rural population in Colombia and comparison bar charts (USA vs. China vs. Japan vs. Colombia), (Korea, Republic of vs. Spain vs. Colombia) are used for easy understanding. Various data can be downloaded and output in csv format for use in EXCEL free of charge.
so2 Leakmate Colombia
so2 Leakmate Colombia.Fossil CO2 emissions in Colombia were 77,667,594 tons in 2016.; CO2 emissions decreased by -0.84% over the previous year, representing a dicrease by -656,810 tons over 2015, when CO2 emissions were 78,324,404 tons.; CO2 emissions per capita in Colombia are equivalent to 1.61 tons per person (based on a population of 48,175,052 in 2016), a dicrease by -0.04 over the figure of 1.65 CO2 tons per ...SO2 Sport Colombia - Home | Facebook
Colombia Houses Prisoners in Bogota Park Due to Overcrowding - InSight Crime
Like many countries in Latin America, Colombia has a serious problem with overpopulated prisons. Colombias prisons are on average around 55 percent over capacity. This figure was even higher before the country released thousands of inmates earlier this year in an attempt to reduce overcrowding. According to El Tiempo, the detention center in La Granja - where the prisoners in the park should have been housed - is one of the worst in this regard, and was 255 percent over capacity in 2013.. In addition to releasing prisoners, Colombia has also modified its penal code to encourage alternatives to prison time, although this measure has been criticized for leading to high levels of impunity.. SEE ALSO: Colombia News and Profiles. In the past, Colombian authorities have used other unusual locations to house prisoners, including boats and military battalions. Following his capture in 2007, Colombian drug trafficker Diego Montoya Sanchez, alias Don Diego, was held in a ship in the Pacific Ocean, ...
9 ideas de Bucaramanga - Santander - Colombia | bucaramanga, santander, instagram
10-mar-2020 - Explora el tablero de YourTattooInkTrece Bucaramanga - Santander - Colombia en Pinterest. Ver más ideas sobre bucaramanga, santander, instagram.
The Benefit Of Columbian Girls - T3 Consulting
In several minutes from now, youll discover some prime info on dating Colombian girls, what activity that its best to take the time to study in order to boost your date-pulling possibilities, locations that are brimming with decide up opportunities, some details about Colombian ladies, and the Colombian relationship tradition.. For a Colombian woman, the whole lot spins around household plus its effectively-being. The woman gets all of the tricks and help from her mom to ensure that she maintains healthy family relationships. Colombian girls are usually trying stunningly heat. One of my advantages of Bogota is that girls (and folks) in Bogota generally hail from all over the country, so you will run into women from all areas of Colombia whore starting a new life and looking to meet a brand new man.. Colombian women are some of the best candidates for good wives. In case youre in search of an affectionate, caring and responsible woman, a Colombian girl is correct what you need. These ladies ...
Out-of-pocket expenditure for hypertension care: a population-based study in low-income urban Medellin, Colombia<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Out-of-pocket expenditure for hypertension care: a population-based study in low-income urban Medellin, Colombia. AU - Londoño Agudelo, Esteban. AU - García Fariñas, Anaí. AU - Pérez Ospina, Viviana. AU - Taborda Pérez, Cecilia. AU - Villacrés Landeta, Tatiana. AU - Battaglioli, Tullia. AU - Gómez Arias, Rubén. AU - Van der Stuyft, Patrick. N1 - FTX. PY - 2020. Y1 - 2020. N2 - Background Hypertension requires life-long medical care, which may cause economic burden and even lead to catastrophic health expenditure. Objective To estimate the extent of out-of-pocket expenditure for hypertension care at a population level and its impact on households budgets in a low-income urban setting in Colombia. Methods We conducted a cross-sectional survey in Santa Cruz, a commune in the city of Medellin. In 410 randomly selected households with a hypertensive adult, we estimated annual basic household expenditure and hypertension-attributable out-of-pocket expenditure. For ...
Does greening of neotropical cities considerably mitigate carbon dioxide emissions? The case of Medellin, Colombia<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Does greening of neotropical cities considerably mitigate carbon dioxide emissions? The case of Medellin, Colombia. AU - Reynolds, Carley C.. AU - Escobedo, Francisco J.. AU - Clerici, Nicola. AU - Zea-Camaño, Jorge. PY - 2017. Y1 - 2017. N2 - Cities throughout the world are advocating highly promoted tree plantings as a climate change mitigation measure. Assessing the carbon offsets associated with urban trees relative to other climate change policies is vital for sustainable development, planning, and solving environmental and socio-economic problems, but is difficult in developing countries. We estimated and assessed carbon dioxide (CO2) storage, sequestration, and emission offsets by public trees in the Medellin Metropolitan Area, Colombia, as a viable Nature-Based Solution for the Neotropics. While previous studies have discussed nature-based solutions and explored urban tree carbon dynamics in high income countries, few have been conducted in tropical cities in ...
Difference between revisions of Colombia - Wikitravel
Colombia is the only country in South America with coastlines on both the North Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Lying to the south of Panama, Colombia controls the land access between Central and South America. With Panama to the north, Colombia is surrounded by Venezuela to the east, Brazil to the southeast, and Ecuador and Peru to the south west. The country was named in honor of Christopher Columbus, following the Italian version of his name (Cristoforo Colombo). Although Columbus never actually set foot on the current Colombian territory, in his fourth voyage he visited Panama, which was part of Colombia until 1903.
Flag Counter » Colombia
Colombia was one of the three countries that emerged from the collapse of Gran Colombia in 1830 (the others are Ecuador and Venezuela). A five-decade-long conflict between government forces and antigovernment insurgent groups, principally the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) heavily funded by the drug trade, escalated during the 1990s. More than 31,000 former paramilitaries had demobilized by the end of 2006 and the United Self Defense Forces of Colombia as a formal organization had ceased to function. In the wake of the paramilitary demobilization, emerging criminal groups arose, whose members include some former paramilitaries. The insurgents lacked the military or popular support necessary to overthrow the government. Large areas of the countryside were under guerrilla influence or contested by security forces. After four years of formal peace negotiations, the Colombian Government signed a peace deal with the FARC in November 2016, which was subsequently endorsed by the ...
Finestcorp SAS, Advisory and Financial Consulting in Cartagena, Colombia - CartagenaInfo
Finestcor SAS, in Cartagena, Colombia. We are a consulting company specialized in financial and credit advisory to national and international companies. We give you comprehensive financial advisory suited to your needs. Advertising Cartagena Info Portal with tourism and business information, The Guide to Cartagena. Here you will information on hotels, travel agencies, restaurants, history, tourist places, photos and much more.
2012 | Colombia Crest Gold Corp.
May 14, 2011 VANCOUVER, BC - Colombia Crest Gold Corp. (Colombia Crest; the Company) (TSX-V: CLB; Pink Sheets: ECRTF; Frankfurt: EAT) is pleased to announce two additional areas of anomalous gold were defined by the latest soil sample results, bringing the total to four large porphyry targets at the Arabia Porphyry Gold-Copper Complex, Antioquia Province, Colombia. Assay results from all 588 soil samples have been received, covering an additional 5.3 square kilometres around the soil grid announced December 6, 2011. By comparison, in-house airborne magnetic data over the same area also verifies coincidence of the four anomalous soil zones to magnetic highs, thus validating that porphyry targets exist. Click here to view a map of the soil sample grids. The new soil results indicate that we have discovered a total of four large porphyry gold-copper targets at Arabia based on surface soil, rock chips and airborne geophysical data, commented Hans Rasmussen, President and CEO. I am not just ...
S&P cuts Colombia to junk status | LatinFinance.com
Corporate & Sovereign Strategy Credit Ratings S&P Global Bonds Debt Fixed Income Colombia Capital Markets. S&P Global Rating said it downgraded Colombias long-term foreign currency rating to BB+ from BBB- on Wednesday, cutting the sovereign issuer to junk status on persistent fiscal weakness. The downgrade took place two weeks after the Colombian government of Colombia withdrew a proposed tax reform bill amid protests in many cities across the country. We believe Colombias fiscal adjustment will prove to be more protracted and gradual than previously expected, diminishing the likelihood of r ...
Phyllobates bicolor (Black-legged Poison Dart Frog, Two-toned Arrow-poison Frog , Two-toned Poison Frog)
Acosta Galvis, A.R. and Cuentas, D. 2016. Lista de los Anfibios de Colombia: Referencia en linea V.05.2015.0. Villa de Leyva, Boyacá, Colombia Available at: http://www.batrachia.com. Bernal, M.H., Solomon, K.R. and Carrasquilla, G. 2009. Toxicity of formu- lated glyphosate (Glyphos) and Cosmo-Flux to larval Colombian frogs. 1. Laboratory acute toxicity. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A 72: 961-965.. Castro-Herrera, F. and Bolívar-G., W. 2010. Libro Rojo de los Anfibios del Valle del Cauca. Feriva Impresores S. A., Cali, Colombia.. Castro-Herrera, F. and Vargas-Salinas, F. 2008. Anfibios y reptiles en el departamento del Valle del Cauca, Colombia. Biota Colombiana 9(2): 255-277.. Halliday, T. 2016. The Book of Frogs: A Life-size Guide to Six Hundred Species from Around the World. University of Chicago Press, Chicago.. IUCN. 2017. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2017-2. Available at: www.iucnredlist.org. (Accessed: 14 September 2017).. Lötters, S., Castro ...
Clinical and sociodemographic factors associated with lupus nephritis in Colombian patients: A cross-sectional study
Reumatología Clínica is the official publication of scientific Spanish Society of Rheumatology (SER) and the Mexican College of Rheumatology (CMR). Reumatología Clínica publishes original research papers, editorials, reviews, case reports and pictures. Published studies are primarily clinical and epidemiological research but also basic.. ...
Pageant Planet: Miss Earth Colombia
Amazonas, Antioquia, Arauca, Atlantico, Bogota, Bolivar, Boyaca, Caldas, Caqueta, Casanare, Cauca, Cesar, Choco, Cordoba, Cundinamarca, Guainia, Guaviare, Huila, La Guajira, Magdalena, Meta, Narino, Norte de Santander, Putumayo, Quindio, Risaralda, San Andres y Providencia, Santander, Sucre, Tolima, Valle del Cauca, Vaupes, Vichada ...
Suicidio y Lesiones Autoinfigidas Colombia, 1973-1996
GOMEZ-RESTREPO, Carlos et al. Suicidio y Lesiones Autoinfigidas Colombia, 1973-1996 . rev.colomb.psiquiatr. [online]. 2002, vol.31, n.2, pp.123-136. ISSN 0034-7450.. Objectives: To describe the mortality rates for suicide and auto inflicted injuries from 1973 to 1996 taking into account the data from the death certificate provided by the DANE. To establish the associated risks for suicide in the Colombian population thru logistic regression models. Design: Secondary Analysis of the death certificates provided by the DANE (1973 - 1996). Results: From the socio - demographic variables that were under study for the years 1973 - 1996 we found that the greatest proportion of deaths caused by suicide was present in the group between 15 to 24 years for women and 60 years and more for men. The suicide rates were between 4-6/100.000 for men and 1-3/100.000 for women. Globally they were between 2-4/100.000 for both genders and for all the groups of age during the period of time under study. The rates ...
Colombia Google maps
Get free driving directions, Google maps, traffic information for Colombia, and Bogota (GPS: 4 36 N 74 05 W), the capital city of the country located in (the) Northern South America, bordering the Caribbean Sea, between Panama and Venezuela, and bordering the North Pacific Ocean, between Ecuador and Panama.. Find any address in Bogota on the Google map of Colombia (CO) with ease or calculate your up to date itinerary to and from Colombia or its neighboring counties like Brazil, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Venezuela.. Sightseeing and exploring in America starts here, thanks to Google because its Earth Engine combines a multi-petabyte catalog of updated satellite imagery and geospatial datasets with planetary-scale analysis capabilities. Wonder the world, use the satellite map function of the Google maps to explore or see differences on the Earths surface, inland, or the surrounding areas of Colombia.. Learn more about this country →. ...
Colombia warns citizens of dengue fever outbreak
Colombian health authorities Wednesday alerted the population to an outbreak of dengue fever that has amounted to 1,600 confirmed cases since January 2012.. The ministry of health responded to a Red Cross report from Sunday that indicated the departments most affected by dengue include Tolima, Valle del Cauca, Santander, Norte de Santander and Cesar.. Colombias Red Cross representatives fear that many victims will not seek medical treatment, confusing dengue symptoms with those of a common cold.. Deputy Health Minister Fernando Ruiz told governors in the affected departments to take the necessary precautions to avoid an epidemic. We urgently need that these resources be put in to place to have the ability to contract the personnel that we need.. The deputy minister also called on the public to be vigilant, cautioning people to be careful with standing water tanks where there may be mosquitos that generate the dengue virus.. Symptoms of dengue include cold-like symptoms as well as sudden ...
GREETING TO COLOMBIANDATING Discover Colombian Women For Dating - NO LINGO
Colombian ladies are extremely family oriented and wish to create a grouped family members and have now kids. Although a lot of girls from Bogota are expert they welcome the conventional role of girl of staying in house and seeking after her spouse and kids. Ladies from Colombia desire to love, be loved and have now protection. They will have a time that is hard this within the towns of Medellin and Barranquilla, so they really would you like to satisfy somebody western. They arrive to the web web site into the hope of finding stability and love may be the United States Of America and European countries.. ...
... portal Latin America portal Index of Colombia-related articles Outline of Colombia Crime in Colombia (Spanish: ... "Hydrography of Colombia". colombia-sa.com. Retrieved 7 March 2014. "Dirección de Parques Nacionales Naturales de Colombia" (in ... Colombia at UCB Libraries GovPubs Colombia at Curlie Colombia. The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency. Key Development ... The national police force of Colombia are the National Police of Colombia. Colombia is divided into 32 departments and one ...
1992 establishments in Colombia, Mass media companies established in 1992, 1997 disestablishments in Colombia, Mass media ...
Defunct airlines of Colombia, Airlines established in 1945, Airlines disestablished in 1954, Defunct companies of Colombia). ... "Air Colombia history from Americas, Colombia". airlinehistory.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-11-28. Jaime Escobar Corradine. "Destinos, ... Barranquilla List of airlines of Colombia List of defunct airlines of Colombia Jaime Escobar Corradine. "Competencia directa ... Colombia. After 1945 the company, Avianca had a complete monopoly over the airline industry. A couple of mechanics and pilots ...
In this way, in Colombia Televisora Nacional de Colombia would be the generalist channel and Channel 11 the cultural channel. ... Señal Colombia began its broadcasts on February 9, 1970 as Channel 11 (because it was broadcast on frequency 11 of the VHF band ... In the words of the director of the National Televisora de Colombia, the channel "would not be a formula to bridge cultural ... Señal Colombia is a Colombian public Terrestrial television, which offers opinion, informative, entertainment, educational, ...
... (Equipo Colombia) is a conservative political party in Colombia. At the last legislative elections, 10 March 2002 ... The two political movements joined to form ALAS-Team Colombia. Official web site (Spanish) Democracia a distancia: Elecciones ... Conservative parties in Colombia, All stub articles, Colombian political party stubs). ...
Colombia is a town and municipality in the Huila Department, Colombia. "Municipalities of Colombia". statoids. Retrieved 30 ...
The Tour Colombia, called earlier Colombia Oro y Paz is a stage professional cycling race held annually in Colombia since 2018 ... Vuelta a Colombia Vuelta a Colombia Femenina Oro y Paz "2018 Colombia Oro y Paz". ProCyclingStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018. v ... t e (Articles with hCards, Tour Colombia, Cycle races in Colombia, UCI America Tour races, Recurring sporting events ...
... (legally Aerovías Cóndor de Colombia S.A.) was a Colombian airline headquartered in Barranquilla, Colombia ... Aviacol-Aviación 100% Colombiana Airline History website Colombia's Colorful aerocóndor Portals: Colombia Aviation Companies ( ... Defunct airlines of Colombia, Airlines established in 1955, Airlines disestablished in 1980, 1955 establishments in Colombia, ... Aerocóndor Colombia was founded by six former LANSA and Avianca pilots; Gustavo Lopez, Luis Donado, Eduardo Gonzalez, Juan B. ...
... is a species of sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Pseudococculinidae. C. colombia is ... doi:10.2988/0006-324X(2005)118[344:CAPLGC2.0.CO;2]. Copulabyssia colombia Ardila & Harasewych, 2005. Retrieved through: World ... from off the Caribbean coast of Colombia". Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington 118(2): 344-366. ...
... (Spanish: Colombia Humana), formerly known as the Progressive Movement (Spanish: Movimiento Progresistas), is a ... In 2021, together with various other leftist political parties, Colombia Humana formed the Historic Pact for Colombia for the ... 2011 establishments in Colombia, Democratic socialist parties in South America, Environmentalism in Colombia, Humanism, ... Political parties established in 2011, Progressive parties in Colombia, Social democratic parties in Colombia). ...
Palomino is a small town on the Caribbean coast of Colombia located in the Guajira region of Colombia, approximately 70 km from ... "Case Study: Colombia". Archived from the original on 2011-04-17. Retrieved 2011-04-17. "CLIMATE PALOMINO (COLOMBIA)". CLIMATE- ... Retrieved 2017-08-22.[permanent dead link] "Colombia's Hippest Beach Town - A Travel Guide to Palomino, Colombia". Cartagena ... Colombia is a multi-ethnic nation of Europeans, Amerindians, and Afro-descendents. When Spaniards arrived in 1502, they did not ...
... Annual Report 2007 - in Spanish (6,9 MB)  WWB Colombia website  Colombia portal WWB Colombia website  ... WWB Colombia is a microfinance institution in Colombia. WWB Colombia - Cali was founded in 1980 by a group of professional and ... WWB Colombia also offers insurance (life and education). WWB Colombia Annual Report 2007 - in English (198 KB)  ... The number of jobs generated by microenterprises funded by WWB Colombia amounted to 280.000. As of March 2009, WWB Colombia had ...
The Colombia is a cocktail containing vodka and curaçao. The layering effect takes advantage of the variation in density and ...
... (Únete Colombia) is a political party in Colombia. At the last legislative elections, 10 March 2002, the party ... Political parties in Colombia, All stub articles, Colombian political party stubs). ...
... (Formally Concurso Nacional de Belleza de Colombia, English: "National Beauty Contest of Colombia") is the ... The current Miss Colombia is Sofía Osío Luna of Atlántico, who was crowned on 14 November 2022. Colombia has rigid and strict ... Began 1991 the election of Miss Colombia Mundo Org. took over the franchise of Miss World in Colombia. In May 2001, David ... Miss Colombia to sue Letterman Letterman appeases Miss Colombia "Concurso Nacional de Belleza ® - Quiénes somos". srtacolombia. ...
"Colombia Reports , Editorial board". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-07-31. Colombia Reports v t e (All articles with ... "About Colombia Reports". Retrieved 12 June 2011. Rodas, Albeiro (16 June 2009). "Colombia reports for Good-Looking ... "Colombia Reports Raises Funding from GITP Ventures". 26 February 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014. "GITP - Colombia Reports ... GITP Ventures and Colombia Reports parted ways on February 9, 2016, with Alsema stating in an editorial "that running a news ...
... de Pereira Free University of Colombia Andina University Cooperative University of Colombia National University of Colombia ... Toasa J. "Colombia: a new ethanol producer on the rise?" Diane publishing and Department of Agriculture, Economic Research ... It is named after César Gaviria, the 40th president of Colombia, who was born in the city of Pereira. The viaduct links Pereira ... It is located in the foothills of the Andes in a coffee-producing area of Colombia officially known as the "Coffee Axis". ...
The Colombia Open (currently sponsored by Claro and called the Claro Open Colombia) was a professional men's tennis tournament ... Claro Open Colombia, ATP Tour 250, Tennis tournaments in Colombia, Hard court tennis tournaments, Recurring sporting events ... IMLA de Colombia bought the rights of the Los Angeles Open in 2013 and transferred the tournament to the city of Bogotá. The ... The Colombia Open was replaced in 2016 calendar by the Los Cabos Open, in Mexico. Currently in 2019 tournaments in Latin ...
"Great Colombia"), or Greater Colombia, officially the Republic of Colombia (Spanish: República de Colombia), was a state that ... Flags of Gran Colombia's successor states today Colombia Ecuador Venezuela In Peru, the dissolution of Gran Colombia is seen as ... 19th century in Colombia, 1820s in Gran Colombia, 1830s in Gran Colombia, Irredentism, States and territories established in ... Gran Colombia was proclaimed through the Fundamental Law of the Republic of Colombia, issued during the Congress of Angostura ( ...
... is a species of snake in the family Anomalepididae. It is endemic to Colombia and only known from the ... Reptiles of Colombia, Endemic fauna of Colombia, Reptiles described in 1953, Taxa named by Hymen Marx, All stub articles, ... This distinguishes Anomalepis colombia from the other species in the Anomalepis genus (A.mexicans, A.aspinous, and A.flavapices ... 2019) Anomalepis colombia at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 26 May 2020. McDiarmid RW, Campbell JA, Touré T. 1999 ...
... is the largest telecommunications company in Colombia. The company was established in 1947 by Mariano ... Telecommunications companies of Colombia "KKR and Telefónica to Create Colombia's First Nationwide Open Access Fiber Optic ... 1947 establishments in Colombia, All stub articles, Colombia stubs, South American company stubs). ... OECD (2014-04-09). OECD Review of Telecommunication Policy and Regulation in Colombia. OECD Publishing. p. 24. ISBN 978-92-64- ...
"LAC Colombia - Lineas Aereas Del Caribe Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net. Retrieved June 3, 2021. "LAC Colombia ... Defunct airlines of Colombia, Airlines established in 1974, Airlines disestablished in 1996, Defunct companies of Colombia). ... LAC Colombia (Líneas Aéreas del Caribe) was a Colombian airline that was founded in Barranquilla in 1974. By an initiative of ... It became the worst air tragedy in Paraguay.[page needed] List of defunct airlines of Colombia "LAC (Lineas Aereas del Caribe ...
... (Sí Colombia) is a centrist political party in Colombia. It was founded by Noemí Sanín (a dissident of ... Political parties in Colombia, All stub articles, Colombian political party stubs). ...
Colombia is a municipality and town in the Las Tunas Province of Cuba. It is located in the western part of the province, 10 ... Media related to Colombia, Cuba at Wikimedia Commons v t e (CS1 Spanish-language sources (es), Articles with short description ... In 2004, the municipality of Colombia had a population of 32,942. With a total area of 563 km2 (217 sq mi), it has a population ...
... is a coastal town and municipality in Atlántico Department, Colombia founded in the mid 1800s. Famous for its " ... Carlos Altahona, Puerto Colombia's Past Mayor, was recognized in December 2012 as the best municipal leader in Colombia for his ... in Spanish) DANE 2005 Census: Puerto Colombia (in Spanish) Alcaldia de Puerto Colombia - official website (in Spanish) ... Puerto Colombia is expected to regain its prominent role as the main sea port of Colombia within a decade. ...
Colombia. June 26, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2012. Claro Colombia website América Móvil website v t e (CS1 Spanish-language ... Claro Colombia is a Colombian telecommunications operator, owned by Mexican group América Móvil. Claro is the largest provider ... The company was formed on June 26, 2012 from the merger of Comcel, previously Colombia's largest mobile phone operator, and the ... Colombia. Retrieved July 17, 2012. "Telmex y Comcel ahora están bajo la marca Claro" [Telmex and Comcel are now under the brand ...
Port cities in Colombia, Port cities in the Caribbean, Ports and harbours of Colombia, World Heritage Sites in Colombia). ... National Beauty Contest of Colombia), it is a national beauty pageant in Colombia. The winner, Señorita Colombia, is sent to ... "Zonas Francas Permanentes en Colombia". Invierta en Colombia (in European Spanish). Retrieved 3 September 2020. "Zonas Francas ... Miss Colombia was founded in Cartagena de Indias. Known as Concurso Nacional de Belleza de Colombia ( ...
The Colombia Championship is a golf tournament on the U.S.-based Korn Ferry Tour. It was first played in 2010 at The Country ... Coverage on the Korn Ferry Tour's official site v t e v t e (Korn Ferry Tour events, Golf tournaments in Colombia, Recurring ... Club of Bogotá in Bogotá, Colombia. The 2020 purse was US$700,000, with $126,000 going to the winner. Bolded golfers graduated ... sporting events established in 2010, 2010 establishments in Colombia, All stub articles, Golf tournament stubs, Colombian sport ...
APSA - Aeroexpreso Bogotá was an airline based in Bogotá, Colombia. It was established in 1978 and provided air transport, ... APSA v t e (Defunct airlines of Colombia, Airlines established in 1978, Airlines disestablished in 2007, All stub articles, ...
Armenia Government website Quindio Government website Colombia portal Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Armenia (Colombia). ... At the Quindio side of the foothills of this national park, lies the Cocora Valley, where the National Tree of Colombia, the ... In just 15 years, the city was rebuilt, becoming one of the most visited tourist destinations in Colombia. The city of Armenia ... The earthquake was one of the most devastating events to have occurred in Colombia in recent history, with an estimated 1,900 ...
Colombia: Top Brass Linked to Extrajudicial Executions | Human Rights Watch
"Colombia needs to ensure that any transitional justice measures enacted as part of a future peace agreement dont deny victims ... In 2012, Colombia enacted the Legal Framework for Peace, a constitutional amendment that paves the way for impunity for ... "If Colombia doesnt bring those most responsible to justice, the International Criminal Court should open a formal ... Colombia: Top Brass Linked to Extrajudicial Executions. Generals, Colonels Implicated in False Positive Killings ...
Heritage Colombia | Magazine Articles | WWF
Heritage Colombia. After a decades-long civil war, Colombia sets its sights on a peaceful future based on its rich natural and ... Adding Heritage Colombia to the mix will help ensure that 14% of the Amazon biome is permanently protected.. "I like to think ... "Managing parks in Colombia can be hard, given all the people who have rights to the land," says Utria park manager Henry ... Heritage Colombia differs from other PFP initiatives in two important ways. The first is the inclusion of land adjacent to-not ...
Puerto Guzmán, Colombia Weather History | Weather Underground
'Otoniel': Colombia captures its most-wanted drug lord |...
Colombias most-wanted drug lord Otoniel has been captured by authorities in what has been heralded as the biggest blow to the ... Bogota, Colombia CNN - Colombias most-wanted drug lord has been captured by authorities in what has been heralded as the ... Colombias President Iván Duque Márquez confirmed the capture of Dairo Antonio Usuga, known as "Otoniel," in a televised ... The State Department offered up to $5 million for information leading to his arrest or conviction, while Colombia offered a ...
Caminata laguna De Ubaque | Bogotá, Colombia | Couchsurfing
UNHCR - Colombia
Colombia hosted 277 refugees, 625 asylum-seekers and 11 stateless people. There are 7,671,124, Colombians who have been forced ... In March 2018, Colombia hosted 277 refugees, 625 asylum-seekers and 11 stateless people. There are 7,671,124 internally ... The UNHCR Representative in Colombia. Street Address:. Calle 71 No. 12-55, LocGPSLat : 4.39.25 / LocGPSLong 74.3.39, Bogota, ... Our work in Colombia includes protecting people displaced inside the country and preventing further displacement, campaigning ...
Colombia | U.S. Agency for International Development
Colombia's Vibrant Cultural Highlights You Must See
... see influential art and watch a soccer game to really experience Colombias culture. ... see influential art and watch a soccer game to really experience Colombias culture. ... Be captivated by Colombian music, see influential art and watch a soccer game to really experience Colombias culture.. ... Download our free Insiders Guide to Colombia. Whats your email? * Whats your country of residence? * Please select a country ...
Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement - Wikipedia
The Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement is a trade agreement between the countries of Canada and Colombia. ... The agreement with Colombia was implemented on August 15, 2011. Canada and Colombia enjoy good commercial and investment ... In August 2002, it was announced that Canada and the Andean Community of Nations-Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru-had ... "Canada - Colombia FTA". Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. 2011-08-16. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. ...
Safe spaces in Colombia offer respite to Venezuelan migrants
They are just two of the approximate 1.6 million migrants in Colombia - the majority of whom have no status - to leave ... Colombia - Griseida, 28, left Venezuela when she couldnt find a job to feed her five children. Thirty-five-year-old Marlyng, ... Safe spaces in Colombia offer respite to Venezuelan migrants. Women at a safe space in Saravena, Arauca, one of 19 in Colombia ... BOGOTÁ, Colombia - Griseida, 28, left Venezuela when she couldnt find a job to feed her five children. Thirty-five-year-old ...
BPU - Showroom Colombia on Behance
... crockery and restaurant utensils in Colombia. http://bpu.com.co They have a massive warehouse where they delivery all the ... BPU - Showroom Colombia. BPU is the principal and biggest company provider of cookware, glassware, crockery and restaurant ... BPU is the principal and biggest company provider of cookware, glassware, crockery and restaurant utensils in Colombia. http:// ... utensils in Colombia. http://bpu.com.co They ha Read More. 3 ...
Colombia Purdue Partnership - Purdue University
Liliana Gómez, director of Purdue Colombia Inc. in Medellín, said, "Dr. Cárdenas will be greatly missed within the Colombia- ... Lori Hoagland and Michael Gribskov are currently at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, in Bogotá, Colombia. Hoagland, ... including co-founding universities in Colombia and as an early adopter of the Colombia Purdue Partnership (CPP). ... The Colombia Purdue Partnership invites you to visit our virtual booth during the COLFUTURO Connect virtual fair. This event ...
Colombia Travel Guide | CNN Travel
Dealing With Colombia - CSMonitor.com
The United States is walking a fine line in Colombia, showing its disgust with that countrys current leader but trying to ... Colombia partners with locals in order to stop cocaine production, US warns it may not be enough ... Colombias Congress cleared the president of the campaign charges in June, but that legislative verdict is colored by Sampers ... The United States is walking a fine line in Colombia, showing its disgust with that countrys current leader but trying to ...
berman colombia safety 02feb02.rm
Colombia - UNESCO World Heritage Convention
Support to the UNESCO Chair in management of Cultural Heritage, Manizales branch, National University of Colombia, Colombia ... Colombia and city of Bogota kick-off workshop for the Culture,2030 Indicators 9 Nov 2021 - 12 Nov 2021 ... Colombia and the city of Bogota Restitution workshop for the UNESCO Culture,2030 Indicators 15 July 2022 ... Colombias Los Katíos National Park removed from List of Heritage in Danger 30 June 2015 ...
Colombia - Medical Devices
The medical device market represented 4.6 percent of health expenditure in Colombia in 2021. The Government of Colombia is the ... medical equipment exports to Colombia have been duty free. Colombia also has Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with leading medical ... website and at the Colombia Compra Eficiente website (Colombia Compra Eficiente is the governments Public Procurement System, ... Colombia is the third-largest medical device market in Latin America, after Brazil and Mexico. The medical device market ...
Monthly Review | Colombia
As the Affordable Care Act (ACA, otherwise known as Obamacare) continues along a very bumpy road, it is worth asking where it came from and what comes next. Officially, Obamacare represents the latest in more than a century of efforts in the United States to achieve universal access to health care. In reality, Obamacare has strengthened the for-profit insurance industry by transferring public, tax-generated revenues to the private sector. It has done and will do little to improve the problem of uninsurance in the United States; in fact, it has already begun to worsen the problem of underinsurance. Obamacare is also financially unsustainable because it has no effective way to control costs. Meanwhile, despite benefits for some of the richest corporations and executives, and adverse or mixed effects for the non-rich, a remarkable manipulation of political symbolism has conveyed the notion that Obamacare is a creation of the left, warranting strenuous opposition from the right. , more…. ...
Yopal, Colombia | Cities4Forests
A Tale of Two Tropical Paradises: Venezuela Fails At Tourism, While Colombia Goes Mainstream
Venezuela and Colombia are both rich in natural beauty, but have taken two very different approaches to tourism. One has seen ... The Only Risk Is Wanting To Stay: Colombias Tourism Model. Venezuelas neighbor to the west, Colombia, a country of equal ... A Tale of Two Tropical Paradises: Venezuela Fails At Tourism, While Colombia Goes Mainstream. By Ryan Villarreal @crvillarreal ... Colombias model of re-branding itself from a South American country troubled by violent crime to a Latin American paradise ...
Jericoc (Antioquia) Hotels, Colombia | Vacation deals from 13 USD/night | Booked.net
Category:Politics of Colombia - Wikimedia Commons
... political system of Colombia; Sistema de gobierno de Colombia; Politica de Colombia; Gobierno y politica de Colombia; Gobierno ... politiek in Colombia; 哥伦比亚政治; Colombias politiske system; politics of Colombia; Politiko de Kolombio; política de Colombia; ... y administracion de Colombia; Gobierno y administración de Colombia; Gobierno y política de Colombia; コロンビアの政治; Colombiansk ... nowiki,politica della Colombia; politique en Colombie; Государственный строй Колумбии; Politik Kolumbiens; política da Colômbia ...
Colombia: Real Cartagena-Deportivo final inédita
Ecuador and Colombia call up replacements
Ecuador and Colombia have both made last-minute replacements to their World Cup squads because of injuries players suffered in ... Colombia midfielder Aldo Leao Ramirez took a knock during training last week, missing their 3-0 win in a friendly over Jordan ... Ecuador and Colombia call up last-minute replacements Updated / Monday, 9 Jun 2014 16:28 ... Colombia and Ecuador have both made last-minute replacements to their World Cup squads because of injuries players suffered in ...
UPS Healthcare Logistics - Colombia
Undercover Boots - DHL - Colombia
Colombia Busts Antiquities Traffickers
Three people have been arrested in southern Colombia, accused of trafficking in more than 850 archaeological relics, police ... 8 Killed As Small Plane Crashes Into Residential Area In Colombia. *. As Teen Suicides Rise, Amazon Tribe Bans Alcohol, ... Bogota: Three people have been arrested in southern Colombia, accused of trafficking in more than 850 archaeological relics, ... Landslide Buries Bus In Colombia, At Least 27 Dead. *. ... Colombia Busts Antiquities Traffickers Agence France-Presse. ...
The battle for Colombia's sunken treasure | The Economist
Colombias government says the Submerged Cultural Heritage Law, passed in 2013, dictates that the wreck and its treasure belong ... In return, the company would receive up to 40% of any treasure not considered part of Colombias cultural heritage, such as ... But on December 4th 2015 Juan Manuel Santos, Colombias president, announced that a team of archaeologists had found the wreck ... bound for Cartagena in Colombia. The ship carried 600 crew and a large fortune-200 tonnes of gold, silver and emeralds ...
Colombia bridge collapse kills at least 10 | CNN
Colombia, according to the countrys Civil Defense authorities. ... At least ten killed in Colombia bridge collapse. Bridge was ... At least ten people were killed Monday after a bridge collapsed near Bogota, Colombia, according to the countrys Civil Defense ... Rescue workers at the site of a collapsed bridge near Bogota, Colombia. ...
... Alexander Garcia Castro agarcia at ACCEFYN.ORG.CO Sun Aug 31 12:27:43 EST 1997 *Previous message: Software ... Yunis JJ., Suarez A., Ossa H., Garcia A. And Yunis E. =B7 Use in DNA Typing in two kidnapping cases in Colombia, a case repor= ... Efrain Ramirez Zapata, National University of Colombia, eramirez at bacata.usc.unal.edu.co Jesus A. Berdugo, Fertil-Genetics, ... Juan J. Yunis, Genetic Institute, National University of Colombia. Jyunis at bacata.usc.unal.edu.co Jose Lozano, Colombian ...
Bogota20222019PeruColombia's2021Ministerio de SaludVenezuelaSalud2018South America2020FARCBrazilSierra NevadUniversidad1996ArgentinaAndesAntioquiaCartagenaPeople displacedEcuador and ColombiaSearchTumacoMedellinTravelersRefugeesCountryCocaineValleduparVenezuela'sColombianCaliPlan ColombiaMagdalenaCaribbeanExportsTolimaCountry'sDemonstrationsMigrantsGovernment
- BOGOTA ― Two-thirds of Colombia's population believes that the dialogue now taking place between the government of President Juan Manuel Santos and the rebel group FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) might actually turn out to be successful. (koreatimes.co.kr)
- At least ten people were killed Monday after a bridge collapsed near Bogota, Colombia, according to the country's Civil Defense authorities. (cnn.com)
- Rescue workers at the site of a collapsed bridge near Bogota, Colombia. (cnn.com)
- Colombia experiments with Bogota city firearms ban. (tactical-life.com)
- Caracas broke off relations with Bogota in 2019 after Venezuelan opposition activists tried to send aid trucks from Colombia. (ibtimes.com)
- Brian Requarth of VivaReal.net lives in Bogota, Colombia. (mexico-with-heart.com)
- I watched that move here in Bogota and laughed when I saw the opening scene supposedly portraying Bogota, Colombia with crazy-out-of-control fires and chickens running around. (mexico-with-heart.com)
- After the Left's success in Chile, Honduras and Peru last year, will Brazil and Colombia follow suit in 2022? (opendemocracy.net)
- According to 2022 data from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees ( UNHCR ), the number of people who have been internally displaced by violence is 8.5 million, and in addition there are now 2.5 million refugees from neighbouring Venezuela, who are likely to remain in Colombia permanently. (bmz.de)
- Venezuelans walk over the Simon Bolivar International Bridge, before the official reopening of the border, in Cucuta, Colombia September 25, 2022. (ibtimes.com)
- A truck with export cargo is seen during commercial reopening of the border, in Cucuta, Colombia September 26, 2022. (ibtimes.com)
- The Government of Colombia provides universal medical coverage known as the "General System of Social Security in Health" (SGSSS, or Sistema General de Seguridad Social en Salud), which in March 2019 covered 95.4 percent of the total population thanks to Law 100 of 1993, which states that all citizens, irrespective of their ability to pay, are entitled to a comprehensive health benefits package. (trade.gov)
- In 2020, advertising spending in Colombia contracted by 19 percent, compared to the 2019 level. (statista.com)
- 2008-2019 - Colombia Reports. (colombiareports.com)
- This visualization presents an interactive heat map of the violent presence of armed actors in Colombia between 1988 and 2019. (colombiaarmedactors.org)
- In August 2002, it was announced that Canada and the Andean Community of Nations - Bolivia , Colombia , Ecuador , and Peru -had agreed to begin preliminary discussions towards a free trade agreement (FTA). (wikipedia.org)
- Given that not all Andean Community countries were in a position to move forward on FTA negotiations at the same time, Canada worked toward FTAs with Colombia and Peru only as announced in June 2007. (wikipedia.org)
- Through his steadfast support as a board member of an equity company, it evolved into manufacturing consumer products in Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia with leadership positions in each market. (purdue.edu)
- It's only found in the Andes of Colombia , Peru, Ecuador and a few small places in Central America. (inhabitat.com)
- Colombia, Bolivia and Peru are the three commercial producers of coca. (scientificamerican.com)
- BRASILIA, Brazil - Colombia beat Peru 3-2 on Friday in the third-place match at Copa America after striker Luis Díaz scored a pair of. (therepublic.com)
- In support of the historic peace process after more than 50 years of civil war, and also in view of Colombia's important role for global climate action and environmental protection, the German government has continuously expanded its cooperation with Colombia since 2010. (bmz.de)
- He won his bid for the senate to represent the federal district of Santa Fé de Bogotá with the largest percentage of the votes ever tallied for a single senator in Colombia and only narrowly missed taking the leadership of president of Colombia's left party, the Democratic Left Pole (PDI), the position being won by former president Carlos Gaviria. (dissidentvoice.org)
- Gran Colombia offers business contracts to groups of artisinal miners, requiring them to form companies or cooperatives that comply with local employment and environmental laws, follow Gran Colombia's rules and procedures according to the company's approved operating plan, and deliver the ore to Gran Colombia's plant for environmentally safe and more efficient processing. (chemonics.com)
- The medical device market represented 4.6 percent of health expenditure in Colombia in 2021. (trade.gov)
- In 2021, Germany made an interim commitment of 26 million euros to Colombia to address the urgent issues of migration and pandemic response. (bmz.de)
- People light candles during a vigil in honor of Nicolas Guerrero who died after being shot during a national strike against tax reform in Cali, Colombia, Monday, May 3, 2021. (wn.com)
Ministerio de Salud2
- Metodolog'ia de la investigaci'on en salud / Ministerio de Salud, Direcci'on de Investigaciones. (who.int)
- Es una Empresa Social del Estado del orden Nacional, asesora y asiste al Ministerio de Salud en la determinación, fijación y evaluación de las políticas, programas, proyectos y actividades de inve. (bvsalud.org)
- Colombia and Venezuela reopened cargo transport at a major border crossing on Monday, potentially enabling billions of dollars in trade after years of icy bilateral relations and heavily-restricted economic ties. (ibtimes.com)
- The first truck moving from Colombia to Venezuela, one of four belonging to company Transporte Condor, carried medical supplies. (ibtimes.com)
- BOGOTÁ , Colombia - Griseida, 28, left Venezuela when she couldn't find a job to feed her five children. (unfpa.org)
- Griseida, for instance, speaks openly about the violence she experienced en route to Venezuela in 2018, and how, as a migrant, felt she had no rights in Colombia. (unfpa.org)
- La Sociedad Uruguaya de Pediatría, fundada en 1915, tiene la misión de velar por la salud integral del niño en un contexto de Sociedad Científica y Gremial. (bvsalud.org)
- In March 2018, Colombia hosted 277 refugees, 625 asylum-seekers and 11 stateless people. (unhcr.org)
- At the government negotiations in 2018, Germany and Colombia decided to establish an alliance for peace and sustainable development. (bmz.de)
- 25/05/2018 - OECD countries agreed today to invite Colombia to become a member of the Organisation. (oecd.org)
- In fact, the Plaza Mayor in Villa de Leyva is the largest in Colombia and one of the most impressive in South America, with over 150,000 square feet. (colombia.travel)
- Colombia is located in South America. (trending2u.biz)
- Dr. Cárdenas died October 19, 2020 in Medellín, Colombia, at the age of 89. (purdue.edu)
- The guerrillas of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, and other rebel groups were rapidly taking hold of the country, particularly rural areas like the Orinoco River basin. (worldwildlife.org)
- A historic peace agreement, signed in late November 2016 between the government of Colombia and the FARC, is designed to put an end, finally, to the conflict. (worldwildlife.org)
- The peace agreement between the government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) is being implemented and the former guerrilla group has officially laid down its arms. (unhcr.org)
- The number of combatants has fallen by two-thirds, four important FARC leaders have been eliminated, and the group's ties to drug trafficking and kidnapping have undermined its image in Colombia and elsewhere. (koreatimes.co.kr)
- Thanks to a peace deal concluded in 2016 between the Colombian government and the country's largest guerrilla group, FARC-EP ( Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia - Ejército del Pueblo ), an armed conflict came to an end that had lasted five decades. (bmz.de)
- Tumaco was one of the priority areas of "Plan Colombia," a US-supported counter narcotics program and is now one of the priority areas in an ongoing peace process with the Marxist FARC guerrilla group. (colombiareports.com)
- Colombia is the third-largest medical device market in Latin America, after Brazil and Mexico. (trade.gov)
- As I've written previously, when compared to Argentina and Brazil and even Chile and Mexico, Colombia has a long way to go in terms of generating the amount and quality of scalable and fundable startups. (thenextweb.com)
- DelAgua produces green coffee at La Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in Colombia. (gocoffeego.com)
- B7 University: =B7 Computing engineering, 3 semesters, Universidad de los Andes, Bogot= =E1, 1990-1991/2=20 =B7 Pharmacy, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 8th semester since 1992= - =B7 Goethe Institute, Germany. (bio.net)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia. (bio.net)
- Encuentro de Investigadores sobre Aborto Inducido en América Latina y el Caribe : Universidad Externado de Colombia, Santafé de Bogotá, D.C., Colombia, 15 al 18 de noviembre de 1994. (who.int)
- 2 Universidad de La Sabana, Chía, Colombia. (medscape.com)
- Genetic Institute of the National University of Colombia, 1996 =B7 FISH analysis =20 Handling of Informatical Resources =20 =B7 UNIX operating system 2, basic level. (bio.net)
- Argentina, Colombia and Mexico have recently legalised or decriminalised abortion. (opendemocracy.net)
- Bordered by the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Andes and the Amazon, Colombia is bursting with riches. (airtransat.com)
- Within this context, under the USAID BioREDD+ Program, Chemonics International was asked in 2013 to quickly design and implement a program to address these security, environmental, and livelihood issues in the department of Antioquia, one of Colombia´s premier gold producing regions. (chemonics.com)
- In 20 months, Chemonics helped legalize or formalize 80 mining units in Antioquia, including 35 that signed operating agreements with Gran Colombia. (chemonics.com)
- Real Cartagena con una nómina modesta y en su reaparición en la máxima división y el Deportivo Cali, uno de los grandes del fútbol colombiano, avanzaron el domingo a la final del torneo Clausura. (mysanantonio.com)
- La final comenzará en Cartagena el miércoles y terminara en Cali el domingo. (mysanantonio.com)
- Luis Omar Valencia, de penal en tiempo de reposición, logró el gol de la clasificación del Cartagena y que dejó en el camino al Independiente Medellín, que doblegó 4-2 al local Deportivo Pereira en el otro encuentro por el grupo B. (mysanantonio.com)
- Real Cartagena sumó 10 puntos, los mismos del Medellín, pero lo aventajó en la diferencia de goles. (mysanantonio.com)
- La lucha fue muy cerrada y en 11 ocasiones hubo cambio de finalista, Santa Fe en dos, Medellín en cinco y Cartagena en cuatro. (mysanantonio.com)
- IN MAY 1708 the San José , a 62-gun Spanish galleon, set sail from Portobelo, in what is now Panama, bound for Cartagena in Colombia. (economist.com)
- Cartagena, or Cartagena de Indias as its 900,000 residents call it, is a Latin American gem located in the extreme north of Colombia. (airtransat.com)
- Our work in Colombia includes protecting people displaced inside the country and preventing further displacement, campaigning for a better asylum system, increased border monitoring, providing cash assistance for vulnerable refugees and asylum-seekers, contributing to peace-building by supporting the Special Jurisdiction for Peace and the truth commission and ensuring that those forced to flee their homes have access to these. (unhcr.org)
- Just across the border in Colombia, people displaced by the ongoing Venezuelan migration crisis share tales of. (opendemocracy.net)
Ecuador and Colombia1
- The majority of these worker s are from Latin America (predominantly from Ecuador and Colombia) or from Eastern Europe (predominantly from Poland). (cdc.gov)
- Rescuers in Colombia continue the search for victims of a landslide that tore through the town of Salgar killing more than 60 people and injuring dozens more in the worst disaster of its kind for a decade. (euronews.com)
- One of the latest regions to be affected is Tumaco in south-western Colombia. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- I'm Sebastián Arcila Madrid and I'm from Medellin Colombia, and I've been juggling for eight years. (juggle.org)
- M and M: Skull Laterals Radiographs were taken and analyzed in 303 children between 9 and 12 years in the city of Medellin (Colombia). (bvsalud.org)
- Colombia is very affordable for most travelers and has a favorable exchange rate for the U.S. dollar. (smartertravel.com)
- Travelers in Colombia also needs to pack an app with translation capabilities so they can talk better with locals. (trending2u.biz)
- Major challenges that the country is facing include overcoming the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and managing the large number of refugees and internally displaced persons in Colombia. (bmz.de)
- In addition, Colombia will be receiving so-called promotional loans (regular financial market funds) from KfW Development Bank amounting to over 585 million euros (some of the loans still being in the preparation stage), with the main purpose of assisting the country in mitigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. (bmz.de)
- The Magdalena Medio region corresponds to the central valley of the Magdalena River and is located in a strategic area of Colombia, at the junction of East and West of the country, and between the interior and the Caribbean coast. (cpt.org)
- Venezuela's neighbor to the west, Colombia, a country of equal natural beauty and cultural richness, has faced and continues to face similar security threats from rebel groups and drug traffickers -- often one and the same -- but has managed to successfully develop its tourism industry. (ibtimes.com)
- President Wayne Lucas says, "Our delegates and our locals were so inspired by a presentation from Margarita Lopez, the president of a municipal water workers union in Colombia and our international guest, that they pledged the money for a project in that country. (world-psi.org)
- The convention heard that Lopez herself has to travel with bodyguards and that Colombia is actually considered the most dangerous country in the world in which to be a union leader," he explains. (world-psi.org)
- There are a number of factors that are driving up the value of the internal drug market in Colombia, a country that's more known for its role in the global cocaine trade. (insightcrime.org)
- An historical analysis about the evolution of health psychology in Colombia is made, taking as starting point some investigations carried out in the field of the behavioral medicine in the decade of the 70's, and concluding with the description of 25 investigation groups that right now exist in many universities of the country, which carry out research activities in psychology and health. (bvsalud.org)
- The growth of peace and prosperity in the last decade is largely a result of crippling the cocaine trade in Colombia. (strategypage.com)
- There were several reasons for the collapse of the criminal cocaine culture in Colombia. (strategypage.com)
- In the last two decades, annual cocaine production has not declined but much of it has left Colombia and gone to neighboring countries. (strategypage.com)
- By then, Colombia was producing 80% of the world's supply of cocaine and over a third of the heroin. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- Colombia today produces 80% of the world's supply of cocaine, and over a third of the heroin. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- The Wiwa live in the valleys of the Sierra Nevada Mountains of Colombia, between Valledupar and Santa Marta. (joshuaproject.net)
- Petro crossed the Simon Bolivar bridge on foot on Monday, standing on the Venezuelan side with his ambassador to Caracas Armando Benedetti, Venezuela's ambassador to Colombia Felix Plasencia, Venezuela's transport minister and other officials as they listened to military bands play each other's national anthems. (ibtimes.com)
- They are just two of the approximate 1.6 million migrants in Colombia - the majority of whom have no status - to leave Venezuela's years-long humanitarian crisis. (unfpa.org)
- The State Department offered up to $5 million for information leading to his arrest or conviction, while Colombia offered a reward of up to 3 billion Colombian pesos (about $800,000) for information on his whereabouts, Reuters reported. (cnn.com)
- This project is made possible thanks to an alliance between the Colombian Ministry of Technology, the Colombian Ministry of Education, and the British Council Colombia. (purdue.edu)
- The Government of Colombia is the primary buyer, and U.S. companies can find public tender opportunities at the Ministry of Health (MoH) website and at the Colombia Compra Eficiente website (Colombia Compra Eficiente is the government's Public Procurement System, and it offers participants tools to facilitate the tender process in the Colombian Public Procurement System). (trade.gov)
- Football was actually brought to Colombia by British railway engineers in the early 1900s and by 1924 the Colombian Football Federation had been formed. (escapeartist.com)
- Cali is the capital of the department/state of Valle del Cauca and is the third-largest city in Colombia. (escapeartist.com)
- To elucidate lifestyles and other factors related to such an EBV-associated gastric carcinoma (EBV-GC), we conducted a case-control study in Cali, Colombia. (who.int)
- In an attempt to restore peace and stamp out the drugs trade, says Nico Verbeek, in the year 2000, the government adopted the so-called Plan Colombia. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- The American government gives roughly 700 million dollars yearly, on a yearly basis, to continue the Plan Colombia. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- The spraying or fumigation of coca fields has increased dramatically under Plan Colombia, but it's not a new policy. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)
- In 2001, Community Peacemaker Teams accepted an invitation from the Mennonite Church of Colombia to learn about the context of the Magdalena Medio region, the peaceubuilding processes, and the struggle and work of the peasant farming communities and organizations that defend human rights. (cpt.org)
- Virginia is a town in the Magdalena region of Colombia. (nona.net)
- As an added bonus, Colombia is protected from hurricanes (there's only a five percent chance of a hurricane in any given year), making it an ideal Caribbean destination from late spring through late fall during hurricane season. (smartertravel.com)
- With over 2,900 km of coastline bounded by the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Colombia is one of the wonders of the diving world. (escapeartist.com)
- Since the implementation of the U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement (TPA) in 2012, most U.S. medical equipment exports to Colombia have been duty free. (trade.gov)
- Ibague is the capital of the state of Tolima, in the Andean region of center-west Colombia. (opusdei.org)
- The United States is walking a fine line in Colombia, showing its disgust with that country's current leader but trying to maintain ties critical to combating the flow of narcotics. (csmonitor.com)
- The country's leading newspapers and many prominent Colombians have called on the president to resign, a step that would move Colombia in the right direction. (csmonitor.com)
- Heated demonstrations over a proposed tax reform in Colombia have continued even after the government pulled the controversial bill, reignited by the death of a young activist reportedly shot in the head by police. (wn.com)
- According to a January report , 162,000 caminantes (migrants on foot) will pass through Colombia this year. (unfpa.org)
- The most important feature of this plan is the military support of the American government for the prohibition of drug trafficking between Colombia and the United States. (radionetherlandsarchives.org)