Insects of the family Formicidae, very common and widespread, probably the most successful of all the insect groups. All ants are social insects, and most colonies contain three castes, queens, males, and workers. Their habits are often very elaborate and a great many studies have been made of ant behavior. Ants produce a number of secretions that function in offense, defense, and communication. (From Borror, et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p676)
Theoretical construct used in applied mathematics to analyze certain situations in which there is an interplay between parties that may have similar, opposed, or mixed interests. In a typical game, decision-making "players," who each have their own goals, try to gain advantage over the other parties by anticipating each other's decisions; the game is finally resolved as a consequence of the players' decisions.
Molecular Dynamics Simulation
Lateral Line System
Medicine in Literature
Cell Migration Assays
Anniversaries and Special Events
The study of systems which respond disproportionately (nonlinearly) to initial conditions or perturbing stimuli. Nonlinear systems may exhibit "chaos" which is classically characterized as sensitive dependence on initial conditions. Chaotic systems, while distinguished from more ordered periodic systems, are not random. When their behavior over time is appropriately displayed (in "phase space"), constraints are evident which are described by "strange attractors". Phase space representations of chaotic systems, or strange attractors, usually reveal fractal (FRACTALS) self-similarity across time scales. Natural, including biological, systems often display nonlinear dynamics and chaos.
Cell Surface Extensions
Group of fish under the superorder Acanthopterygii, separate from the PERCIFORMES, which includes swamp eels, mullets, sticklebacks, seahorses, spiny eels, rainbowfishes, and KILLIFISHES. The name is derived from the six taxa which comprise the group. (From http://www.nanfa.org/articles/Elassoma/elassoma.htm, 8/4/2000)
The process of bargaining in order to arrive at an agreement or compromise on a matter of importance to the parties involved. It also applies to the hearing and determination of a case by a third party chosen by the parties in controversy, as well as the interposing of a third party to reconcile the parties in controversy.
Calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. They are important in the formation of ADHERENS JUNCTIONS between cells. Cadherins are classified by their distinct immunological and tissue specificities, either by letters (E- for epithelial, N- for neural, and P- for placental cadherins) or by numbers (cadherin-12 or N-cadherin 2 for brain-cadherin). Cadherins promote cell adhesion via a homophilic mechanism as in the construction of tissues and of the whole animal body.
A rigorously mathematical analysis of energy relationships (heat, work, temperature, and equilibrium). It describes systems whose states are determined by thermal parameters, such as temperature, in addition to mechanical and electromagnetic parameters. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
A province of eastern Canada, one of the Maritime Provinces with NOVA SCOTIA; PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND; and sometimes NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR. Its capital is Fredericton. It was named in honor of King George III, of the House of Hanover, also called Brunswick. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p828 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p375)
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Cells that line the inner and outer surfaces of the body by forming cellular layers (EPITHELIUM) or masses. Epithelial cells lining the SKIN; the MOUTH; the NOSE; and the ANAL CANAL derive from ectoderm; those lining the RESPIRATORY SYSTEM and the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM derive from endoderm; others (CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM and LYMPHATIC SYSTEM) derive from mesoderm. Epithelial cells can be classified mainly by cell shape and function into squamous, glandular and transitional epithelial cells.
The internal individual struggle resulting from incompatible or opposing needs, drives, or external and internal demands. In group interactions, competitive or opposing action of incompatibles: antagonistic state or action (as of divergent ideas, interests, or persons). (from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed)
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Molecular Motor Proteins
Anchoring points where the CYTOSKELETON of neighboring cells are connected to each other. They are composed of specialized areas of the plasma membrane where bundles of the ACTIN CYTOSKELETON attach to the membrane through the transmembrane linkers, CADHERINS, which in turn attach through their extracellular domains to cadherins in the neighboring cell membranes. In sheets of cells, they form into adhesion belts (zonula adherens) that go all the way around a cell.
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
A physical property showing different values in relation to the direction in or along which the measurement is made. The physical property may be with regard to thermal or electric conductivity or light refraction. In crystallography, it describes crystals whose index of refraction varies with the direction of the incident light. It is also called acolotropy and colotropy. The opposite of anisotropy is isotropy wherein the same values characterize the object when measured along axes in all directions.
Significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real gross domestic product, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales. (National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, www.nber.org/cycles.html, accessed 4/23/2009)
Dissent and Disputes
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
A meshlike structure composed of interconnecting nerve cells that are separated at the synaptic junction or joined to one another by cytoplasmic processes. In invertebrates, for example, the nerve net allows nerve impulses to spread over a wide area of the net because synapses can pass information in any direction.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
Direct contact of a cell with a neighboring cell. Most such junctions are too small to be resolved by light microscopy, but they can be visualized by conventional or freeze-fracture electron microscopy, both of which show that the interacting CELL MEMBRANE and often the underlying CYTOPLASM and the intervening EXTRACELLULAR SPACE are highly specialized in these regions. (From Alberts et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2d ed, p792)
Monte Carlo Method
In statistics, a technique for numerically approximating the solution of a mathematical problem by studying the distribution of some random variable, often generated by a computer. The name alludes to the randomness characteristic of the games of chance played at the gambling casinos in Monte Carlo. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, 1993)
Principles, models, and laws that apply to complex interrelationships and interdependencies of sets of linked components which form a functioning whole, a system. Any system may be composed of components which are systems in their own right (sub-systems), such as several organs within an individual organism.
Myosin Type II
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
Interviews as Topic
Principal Component Analysis
Neural Networks (Computer)
A computer architecture, implementable in either hardware or software, modeled after biological neural networks. Like the biological system in which the processing capability is a result of the interconnection strengths between arrays of nonlinear processing nodes, computerized neural networks, often called perceptrons or multilayer connectionist models, consist of neuron-like units. A homogeneous group of units makes up a layer. These networks are good at pattern recognition. They are adaptive, performing tasks by example, and thus are better for decision-making than are linear learning machines or cluster analysis. They do not require explicit programming.
The transfer of energy of a given form among different scales of motion. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed). It includes the transfer of kinetic energy and the transfer of chemical energy. The transfer of chemical energy from one molecule to another depends on proximity of molecules so it is often used as in techniques to measure distance such as the use of FORSTER RESONANCE ENERGY TRANSFER.
rac GTP-Binding Proteins
The processes occurring in early development that direct morphogenesis. They specify the body plan ensuring that cells will proceed to differentiate, grow, and diversify in size and shape at the correct relative positions. Included are axial patterning, segmentation, compartment specification, limb position, organ boundary patterning, blood vessel patterning, etc.
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Bargaining health benefits in the workplace: an inside view. (1/14)Before contract negotiations in 1999, the author served on an "issue-based" health benefits committee of faculty union representatives and university administrators. Although the committee solicited estimates from health insurers regarding the impact of higher copayments on monthly premiums, in subsequent negotiations, the projected cost savings did not lead to changes in coverage or copayments. The explanations offered are (1) national or regional employers may be reluctant to raise employees' health benefit copayments when labor markets are tight; (2) collective bargaining, particularly when other, nonmonetary issues are being bargained, may lead to results different from those from a strictly competitive model; and (3) employers with market power in the product market may shift these highest costs to consumers through higher prices. (+info)
An evaluation of emergency room services during the New York City house officer strike. (2/14)A chart audit of emergency services provided by attending staff during the New York City House Officers' strike is compared to an audit of work previously performed by house staff. The usual quality of services provided in this institution was maintained during the strike. However, deficiencies in quality noted in house staff charts, continued to be noted in the charts of attending staff. Failure to improve quality of medical records when trained staff substitute for trainees suggests that the central strike issue of poor working conditions contributes to low quality of care. (+info)
Brazilian union actions for workers' health protection. (3/14)CONTEXT: Many authors have emphasized the importance of worker strength through unionized organizations, in relation to the improvement of working procedures, and have reported on the decisiveness of labor movement actions in achieving modifications within the field of work and health. OBJECTIVE: To describe the ways in which Brazilian unions have tried to intervene in health-illness and work processes, identifying the existence of commonality in union actions in this field. TYPE OF STUDY: Qualitative study. SETTING: Postgraduate Program, Environmental Health Department, Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil. METHODS: Union health advisers and directors were interviewed. Documents relating to union action towards protecting workers' health were collected and analyzed. RESULTS: Unions articulate actions regarding workers' health of a technical and political nature that involve many aspects and high complexity. These have been divided into thematic categories for better analysis. DISCUSSION: Union actions regarding workers' health in Brazil are restricted to some unions, located mainly in the southern, southeastern and northeastern regions of the country. Nonetheless, the unions undertaking such actions represent many professions of great economic and political importance. CONCLUSIONS: The recent changes in health and safety at work regulations, recognition of professional diseases, creation of workers' health services and programs within the unified health system, and operational improvements in companies' specialized safety and occupational medicine services, all basically result from union action. There is commonality of union action in this field in its seeking of technical and political strengthening for all workers and their general and local representation. This has the objective of benefiting collective bargaining between employers and workers. Inter-institutional action on behalf of workers' rights guarantees and amplifies the improvement of health and working conditions. (+info)
Effect of the new contract on GPs' working lives and perceptions of quality of care: a longitudinal survey. (4/14)(+info)
The United Mine Workers of American and the recognition of occupational respiratory diseases, 1902-1968. (5/14)This study examines the early efforts of the United Mine Workers of America to illuminate the problem of occupational respiratory diseases in the coal fields. The union used the hearings of the US Anthracite Coal Strike Commission of 1902-3 to draw public attention to "miners' asthma." In 1915, it began to agitate for the provision of workers' compensation benefits for victims of this disorder. Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, the union's Welfare and Retirement Fund disseminated information on advances in understanding chronic pulmonary diseases of mining. In particular, the miners' fund promoted the British conceptualization of a distinctive coal workers' pneumoconiosis. At the same time, the staff of the union health plan pressed the US Public Health Service and the Pennsylvania Department of Health to investigate the prevalence of occupational respiratory diseases among bituminous miners. Taken together, these endeavors contributed significantly to growing recognition of the severity and extent of this important public health problem and thus helped lay the foundation for the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969. (+info)
Are physicians' strikes ever morally justifiable? A call for a return to tradition. (6/14)Though physicians strike provides an opportunity to generate more knowledge about the process in which legitimacy of an organization can be restored, it meets with a great deal of resistance not only by the public but from within the medical profession. This paper critically examines the legitimacy of strike by medical doctors heretofore referred to as physicians. Though critically reflecting on strikes of physicians in general, the paper makes more emphasis on Africa where physician strikes are rampant. More importantly, the paper argues that strike implies a failure for everyone in the organization (including the strikers themselves), not only the responsible government or authority. This is because when a strike occurs, an organization/fraternity is subjected to questions, scrutiny and slander. It becomes difficult to decouple what is said, decided and done. Traditionally, all medical fraternities the world-over are committed to acting comfortably to external demands-guaranteeing the patients' lives and public health. By paying attention to external reactions, the medical fraternity adapts and learns what ought and should be done so that it is never again caught in the same messy. At the same time, the fraternity prepares itself for the future strikes. When the fraternity and those outside consider it is doing up to the external expectations, its lost legitimacy is restored. When legitimacy is restored, external pressure like once disturbed water returns to normal. (+info)
Mobilising community collectivisation among female sex workers to promote STI service utilisation from the government healthcare system in Andhra Pradesh, India. (7/14)(+info)
Risk reduction and perceived collective efficacy and community support among female sex workers in Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra, India: the importance of context. (8/14)(+info)
Mobilising community collectivisation among female sex workers to promote STI service utilisation from the government...
Our findings show that FSWs who reported high collectivisation are significantly more likely than those who reported low levels of collectivisation to access STI treatment from government health facilities. These associations are not just a consequence of the presence of partnerships with government facilities for STI treatment, or of socio-demographic vulnerabilities, as the data suggest that FSWs from areas without partnerships with government health facilities also reported high attendance in government centres for STI treatment. Research is needed to explore why STI service utilisation from government health facilities is higher among FSWs who report or perceive higher levels of collectivisation than others. Previous evidence that a high degree of collectivisation and collective identity among FSWs lead to increased condom use and HIV risk reduction12 ,13 ,15 ,22-24 ,26 may be interpreted to suggest that FSWs have the ability and confidence to exercise their rights as citizens within the ...
NEWS BLOG: Pensions industrial action - Pulse Today
Friday 1 June. The Daily Mail is reporting that thousands of doctors will defy the order to strike, focusing on GPs opposed to industrial action. Read the full story here.. Thursday 31 May. The BMa has taken out an ad in the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph and The Sun in the form of a letter explaining to the public the reasons behind taking industrial action over pension. Click here to view the letter.. BMA decision over pensions industrial action makes quite a few of the front pages of the newspapers this morning, although the Daily Mail went with a surprise choice of a story on alcohol intake. Click here to look at all the front pages.. Wednesday 30 May. Pulse editor Richard Hoey - in his last blog for PulseToday - says the BMA needs to be far more media savvy than it proved this morning, when allowing stories of 17% turnout to circulate across some parts of the media. Click here to read the full blog.. Health secretary Andrew Lansley on doctors industrial action: I dont think the ...
Collective Action for Small-scale Irrigation Facilities in Northwest Rural China - WUR
We mainly study the initiation and management of small-scale irrigation facilities collective action in Northwest China. First, socio-economic heterogeneity imposes obstacles for initiating collective action in the form of attitude-behaviour paradox. We explore how to overcome this in order to make collective action successful. Social capital has been recognized as a key factor in the realisation of collective action. Then, we study the relationship between social capital components and farmers participative behaviour. Furthermore, economic heterogeneity would influence farmers motivation to participate in collective action. We examine whether relationships between social capital components and farmers willingness to cooperate in collective action is moderated by farmers income levels. Finally, we also study how contrasting effects of the group size exerts on trust and control mechanisms in achieving farmers participation degree and cooperative performance in commons governance. ...
PM expresses dissatisfaction over state of government health facilities in Islamabad | Associated Press Of Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, Jun 27 (APP): Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif expressing dissatisfaction over the state of government health facilities and abysmal quality of
Unions tell workers fight like never before against government as fears grow of unofficial industrial action
Union leaders have called on their members to fight “with everything we’ve got” to bring down Theresa May’s government, as fears grow of a rise in “unofficial” industrial action aimed at damaging public services.
GPs declare rescue package inadequate and vote in favour of industrial action | News Article | Pulse Today
GPs will be canvassed on their willingness to sign undated resignations and take industrial action following a passionate debate at the LMCs conference this morning.
LMC Conference 2016: GPs back ballot on industrial action and mass resignation | GPonline
GPs look set to be balloted on their willingness to take industrial action and to hand in undated resignations within three months, after the LMC conference 2016 condemned the GP Forward View as an inadequate response to the crisis facing the profession.
Exit, loyalty, and collective action among workers in a simulated business environment: Interactive effects of group...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Exit, loyalty, and collective action among workers in a simulated business environment. T2 - Interactive effects of group identification and boundary permeability. AU - Blair, Irene V.. AU - Jost, John T.. PY - 2003/6. Y1 - 2003/6. N2 - Past research on the effects of boundary permeability and tokenism (open boundaries with restricted access) suggests that when options for individual mobility exist, members of low status groups tend to exit their group and attempt to enter higher status groups. We hypothesized that the effects of boundary permeability on preferences for individual vs. collective action would depend upon prior levels of in-group identification, such that people who are more identified with their group would remain loyal and choose collective action, even under conditions of high boundary permeability. To test this hypothesis, a 2 (High vs. Low Group Identification) × 2 (High vs. Low Permeability) experimental design was employed to assess preferences for exit and ...
New public sector walkout over pensions set for May 10 (with updates)
Unite national officer for health Rachael Maskell said: The government is picking the pockets of health workers by an average of £30-a-month in order to pay for pension changes which will see people having to work longer to get less.. This disgraceful attack comes against a backdrop of pay freezes and the threat of regional pay in the public sector. In the face of continued attacks, health workers will be stepping up their campaign and looking to join other public sector workers in taking action on 10 May.. PCS national executive members this afternoon voted unanimously to strike.. It means the union will be involved in national industrial action across the civil service, health and education sectors; co-ordinated, targeted industrial action in employer groups and sectors; national and regional protests; and political lobbying.. PCS general secretary Mark Serwotka said: The ongoing programme of industrial action with other unions we have agreed sends a clear message to government ministers ...
Enterprise Bargaining - JCU Australia
Advice for NTEU members taking protected industrial action. If you plan to take industrial action and are scheduled to teach from 27 June 2013 for the duration of the protected action, please make arrangements either directly or indirectly or through your Head of School to notify students in advance that the class will not take place.. Individual researchers should make their own arrangements either directly or indirectly to deal with possible absences that may affect their research work.. Any staff who do not perform their usual duties, including staff who cancel classes, will be considered to be taking industrial action, unless absent from duty on approved leave. Any staff member who engages in a stoppage of all work must notify the University to ensure payment is not made for the total duration of the work stoppage.. Adverse action. The Fair Work Act 2009 prohibits a person from taking adverse action against a person because that person takes part in, or proposed to take part in, an ...
Frontiers | Climate Change Marches as Motivators for Bystander Collective Action | Communication
Political marches are one of the most public and vocal means of engaging in collective action and can potentially build social movements by increasing the likelihood that bystanders become engaged with the social movement. Here, we conduct a trend study to test the impacts of two back-to-back highly visible large-scale climate change related marches on bystanders, targeting psychological drivers of collective action: efficacy beliefs, perceptions of others climate change activism and concerns, impressions of marchers, and behavioral intentions. Participants either completed a survey the day before the March for Science (n = 302) or several days after the Peoples Climate March, which occurred a week after the first march (n = 285). Results suggest that the marches were at least partially effective: bystanders (a) collective efficacy beliefs and (b) impressions of marchers improved after the march. In contrast, marches were ineffective in increasing perceptions of others engagement with concern about
What affects organization and collective action for managing resources?: evidence from canal irrigation systems in India
Downloadable! Policies of devolving management of resources from the state to user groups are premised upon the assumption that users will organize and take on the necessary management tasks. While experience has shown that in many places users do so and are very capable, expansion of co-management programs beyond initial pilot sites often shows that this does not happen everywhere. Yet, much is at stake in this, with more widespread adoption of irrigation management transfers and other forms of community-based resource management. It is therefore important to move beyond isolated case studies to comparative analysis of the conditions for collective action. This paper identifies factors affecting organization of water users associations, and collective action by farmers in major canal irrigation systems in India, based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of a stratified sample of 48 minors in four irrigation systems (two each in Rajasthan and Karnataka). Using key variables suggested by the
Womens Use of Private and Government Health Facilities for Childbirth in Nairobis. Informal Settlements - Bazant - 2009 -...
Graham, Wendy J., Jacqueline S. Bell, and Colin H.W. Bullough. 2001. Can skilled attendance at delivery reduce maternal mortality in developing countries? In Safe Motherhood Strategies: A Review of the Evidence. Eds. VincentDe Brouwere and WimVan Lerberghe. Antwerp : ITG Press. Pp. 97-129 ...
Bus Éireann crippled by industrial action - Irish Republican News - Sun, May 12, 2013
Cancellations include all Bus Éireann buses in Cork, Galway, Limerick, Clare, Kerry and in the greater Dublin area, as well as several intercity routes. Services in Drogheda, Dundalk, Monaghan and Cavan were also expected to be disrupted, as well as cross-border coach services. It is the first major strike by public employees in several years, and follows a lengthy tussle over the pay of the companys workers as part of the coalition governments austerity program. Members of the National Bus and Rail Union (NBRU) today picketed depots, including the main bus terminal in Dublin, Busáras. Other staff, including members of other unions, were encouraged to refuse to pass picket lines, adding to disruptions. The strike centres on a row over new measures intended to implement savings of €5m. The company says it faces potential annual losses of €16m, and told unions earlier this week it is seeking annual cost savings of €20m, with €9m coming from payroll savings. Both sides had maintained ...
Premiership of Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia
Thatcher was committed to reducing the power of the trade unions but, unlike the Heath government, adopted a strategy of incremental change rather than a single Act. Several unions launched strikes in response, but these actions eventually collapsed. Gradually, Thatchers reforms reduced the power and influence of the unions. The changes were chiefly focused upon preventing the recurrence of the large-scale industrial actions of the 1970s, but were also intended to ensure that the consequences for the participants would be severe if any future action was taken. The reforms were also aimed, Thatcher claimed, to democratise the unions, and return power to the members. The most significant measures were to make secondary industrial action illegal, to force union leadership to first win a ballot of the union membership before calling a strike, and to abolish the closed shop. Further laws banned workplace ballots and imposed postal ballots. Coal miners were highly organised and had defeated Prime ...
Lecturers at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital have suspended their three months industrial action which has paralyzed academic activities in the institution. Speaking to journalists on the development the chairman of the Academic Staff Union Of Polytechnics in the institution, Mr Kola Abiola, said the suspension became imperative in order to give room for further discussion with the state government on some grey areas of disagreement. The lecturers had embarked on an industrial action to press home their demands on some issues bothering on the relocation of the institution to Ipokia area of the state.. Today we had an emergency Congress after several appeals of eminent stakeholders within far and the state, the Congress, therefore, decided that we suspend the strike so that we will give the state government to find solutions in all the areas we have raised issues.. If you look at our communiqué that are available to you, you will find out that all of them ...
Analysing The History Of Human Relations Movement Essays - StudentShare
The Trade Union Reform and Employment Rights Act 1993 inserted s 235 A, into the Trade Union and Labor Relations. Act 1992, wherein it now provides a right to any individual who is deprived of goods and services because of unlawful industrial action to initiate court proceedings. … A strike (or industrial action less than a full stoppage of work) will be in ...
INMO Members To Commence Work To Rule On Oncology/Radiotherapy Ward at CUH
Members of the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation, (INMO) on the Oncology/Radiotherapy Ward at Cork University Hospital will commence industrial action in the form of a work to rule at 8.00a.m. on Wednesday, October 5, 2016. The dispute is in relation to on-going inadequate and unsafe nurse staffing levels on the ward. During the work to rule members will withdraw from clerical and support duties to focus on, and prioritise, direct nursing care.. The decision by INMO members to commence industrial action is based on their expert clinical knowledge and their concerns in relation to patient safety and their ability to provide safe care. The INMO has engaged with management on this issue on an on-going basis since December 2015 and highlighted members concerns which, to date, have not been adequately addressed. Management have reneged on commitments given at the Workplace Relations Commission in May and June, 2016.. Speaking today INMO Industrial Relations Officer, Mary Rose Carroll said: Our ...
Breaking points and rank and file moments: reaching the limits of legalism in industrial action - International Socialism
Daves explanation begs the question, for example, of why should it be that product-driven sectoral changes have not themselves been a cause of militancy? Furthermore, why have new industrial sectors such as call centres, information technology products and services, financial services, etc. not typically seen many strikes, even after having been in existence for many decades and in some cases, having seen successful unionisation drives (particularly following the 2000 Employment Relations Act)? It also gives us no way of explaining the behaviour of trade union leaderships which will restrain the actions of their members well within and very far from the limits of the law, even to the point of walking away from what should have been easy victories. The great example of this in recent years (in my opinion) was the slow and grim debacle that followed the 2011 pensions revolt. Another example is provided by the February-March 2018 UCU strikes over pensions, when the national leadership of that ...
Are doctors justified in taking industrial action in defence of their pensions? No | The BMJ
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about The BMJ.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.. ...
Frontiers | Correlates of Acceptance of Wealth Inequality: A Moderated Mediation Model | Psychology
Wealth inequality is a prevalent social issue. The present study focuses on acceptance of wealth inequality, and considers personal income, perceived upward mobility, and future time perspective as its antecedents, and collective action intention as its outcome. With reference to the social identity literature and socioemotional selectivity theory, we posit a conditional indirect effect of income on collective action intention through acceptance of wealth inequality: only when mobility and future time perspective are relatively high, higher income is associated with higher acceptance of wealth inequality and in turn, lower collective action intention. Moderated mediation findings, based on territory-wide phone survey data from 866 Hong Kong adults, supported this prediction. This work indicates the relevance of an individual-level instrumental perspective to the understanding of acceptance of wealth inequality as well as collective action intention.
Morbius The Living Vampire One:12 Collective Action Figure
Buy Morbius The Living Vampire One:12 Collective Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
Overview of Legislative Proposal on Collective Action (NL) - Update June 2019 - Lexology
In the Netherlands, it is possible for a representative entity to bring a "collective action" on an "opt-out basis" under article 3:305a of the Dutch…
Neighborhoods and Violent Crime: A Multilevel Study of Collective Efficacy | Science
Next, collective efficacy was added as a predictor in the level 3 model (Table 4, model 2). The analysis built in a correction for errors of measurement in this predictor (30). We found collective efficacy to be negatively related to violence (t = −5.95), net of all other effects, and to correspond to a standardized coefficient of −0.45. Hence, after social composition was controlled, collective efficacy was strongly negatively associated with violence. Moreover, the coefficients for social composition were substantially smaller than they had been without a control for collective efficacy. The coefficient for concentrated disadvantage, although still statistically significant, was 0.171 (as compared with 0.277). The difference between these coefficients (0.277 − 0.171 = 0.106) was significant (t = 5.30). Similarly, the coefficients for immigrant concentration and for residential stability were also significantly reduced: The coefficient for immigrant concentration, originally 0.041, was ...
Conference Design and Dynamics of Institutions for Collective Action. A Tribute to Elinor Ostrom (1933-2012). | Collective...
Institutions for collective action are institutional arrangements that are formed bottom-up by groups of people in order to overcome certain common problems over an extended period of time by setting certain rules regarding access to the group (membership), use of the resources and services the group owns collectively, and management of these resources and services. Self-governance and self-sanctioning are typical features of this kind of institutions (for more on the features of institutions for collective action, please see: http://www.collective-action.info/). The classic example of such institutions for collective action is the common, or a common pool institution, set up to govern natural resources. Commons could be found in the past all over Europe and are still to be found today contributing to the environmental and socio-economic sustainability of communities all over the world. However, apart from commons, many other organizations, ranging from medieval guilds to contemporary ...
Fewer people access HIV services due to the pandemic, says head of ART center | Eagles Eye Media Agency South...
The in charge of Antiretroviral Therapy or ART HIV/AIDs department at Juba teaching hospital said fewer people are now accessing HIV services due to coronavirus pandemic.. Addinda Drasa David stressed that people living with HIV are afraid of getting infected with the coronavirus since their immunity is already compromised.. She added many of the patients are afraid of movement due to the fear of contracting coronavirus.. Drasa encourages people to go for HIV screening in order to know their status.. The head of the ART center discourages stigmatizing people living with HIV because it impacts negatively on their lives.. I want everybody to go and test for HIV, services are free and accessible in all government health facilities. I also want to tell people to stop stigmatizing people living with HIV. Because of stigma some people no longer come for their medicines, Addinda explains.. Drasa appealed to people living with HIV to continue taking their medicines and always use condom in order not ...
MEMS - Malaysian Endocrine and Metabolic Society
In Malaysia, the Third National Health and Morbidity Survey (3rd NHMS) in 2006 showed that the prevalence of T2DM for adults aged 30 years old and above had risen by almost 80% in the last decade to 14.9%1. In this population survey of those with diabetes, 73.5% attended government health facilities and 20% received treatment from private health facilities ...
An assessment of a large-scale HIV prevention programme for high-risk men who have sex with men and transgenders in Andhra...
By July 2008, the intervention contacted 83% of the estimated HR-MSM/TG population monthly and 16% were attending the STI clinic monthly. HR-MSM/TG exposed to the intervention were significantly more likely to use condom consistently with a regular male partner (adjusted OR 4.62, 95% CI 1.40 to 15.22). Consistent condom use with all types of male partners increased significantly in survey Round 2 compared with Round 1. The proportion of HR-MSM/TG who tested positive for HIV-1 antibodies was similar in both rounds (15.5% in Round 1 vs 17.3% in Round 2, p=0.52).. CONCLUSION ...
Nigerian Leader Extends Sick Leave Abroad as Citizens Suffer
Buharis medical leave in London is a sharp reminder to taxpayers that while they finance their leaders health care abroad, they often are stuck with decrepit, ill-staffed government health facilities at home
5 Best Welwyn Garden City House Rentals - TripAdvisor
House Rentals in Welwyn Garden City and nearby: View TripAdvisors great deals on 7 Welwyn Garden City and nearby House Rentals
Center City Houses for Rent | Philadelphia, PA | Rent.com®
Find 125 available Houses for rent in Center City neighborhood, Philadelphia, PA. Visit Rent.com® to find your next apartment now!
Individual, class and nation in Spain, 1936-1939 - Juan McIver
Was there a social revolution in Spain in 1936-39? In key industrial regions, and in Madrid, there was a resolute workers and popular resistance to Francos alzamiento during and immediately after 19 July 1936. Suddenly a mass movement was unleashed, of factory takeovers by workers and land collectivizations by agricultural workers and poor peasants. However, this elemental class movement coexisted with the hulk of the Republican Government, and supported it. Anarchists of the CNT-FAI, UGT trade unionists and the Marxists of the POUM (Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista) rushed to support (albeit critically) and even join the Popular Front coalition and the Generalitat in Catalonia. The Spanish Communist Party, until then relatively small, was extremely active in reviving the moribund Republic. The autonomous interests of the workers were subordinated to the needs of the democratic state. These needs momentarily coincided with the USSRs strategic needs. Just like the Italian and German ...
monkey beans: 2012
When Helen was four years old, the NKVD (fore-runners of the KGB) knocked on their door at three oclock in the morning and demanded they pack their bags within an hour and board a train headed for a labor camp (the Gulag). The government would confiscate their home and property as part of their collectivization program. The family was loaded into a boxcar along with other internally exiled families and sent to the Ural Mountains to work in a gold mine. Helen remembered the long trek from the train and through the snow to the labor camp. There, the family was assigned a small corner of a warehouse as their home, separated from others by a blanket hanging from the ceiling. Helens father appealed to the authorities to, at least, have them sent to an encampment where other extended family members were being exiled (their crimes being landowners and being associated, however minimally, with the Czar), to no avail. Later, the family escaped from the labor camp and made their way back to Rzhev and ...
Collecting Soviet History: The Spread of Chekist Ideas and Ideals at a High Moral Cost
Before the post-war world changed global maps and theories of government forced new political maps to be drawn between the Western democracies and the Eastern Bloc of Communist countries, Lenin had a number of battles with the various classes of people who opposed his (modified) Marxist principles that included groups as diverse as writers, artists, philosophers and other members of the intelligentsia to farmers who strongly opposed collectivization. Most of these farmers had been so-called peasants who had managed their farms in such a way that they made enough profits to make them financially self-sufficient - though not wealthy by the imperial definition. This class was known in non-affectionate terms as the Kulaks and were considered dangerous by Lenin and his devoted followers. They were a powerful class in a supposedly classless society. The battle between Lenin and the Kulaks was both open by means of public opinion and very private in the sense that he signed a number of warrants for ...
Irish Left Review | Were Not Worthy - On Watching Bad (and Good) Left-Wing Films
Theres a famous story about the technical problems encountered by Soviet director Aleksandr Dovzhenko while shooting his 1930 film Earth, an admiring account of the effect of collectivization on the Russian peasantry. Working with non-professional actors, he was shooting a scene one day that showed the arrival of a tractor on a farm on the Russian steppe. Not getting the reaction shot of excitement he had hoped for from the peasants - the poor folk must have had less of a labour fetish than the party apparatchiks - he called in a clown from a local circus, whom the peasants were a great deal more taken with. Dovzhenko recorded their smiles and general pleasure and then spliced it with the shot of the tractor that had been left standing alone and forlorn far from the clowns showboating, forgotten by all. Left-wing cinema has changed greatly since the day of the early Soviet directors and, following 1989, is rarely subject to the strictures of the party or state line, a rare example these days ...
Democide Mass-Murder and The New World Order
Part of this mass killing was genocide, as in the wholesale murder of hundreds of thousands of Don Cossacks in 1919, the intentional starving of about 5,000,000 Ukrainian peasants to death in 1932-33,2 or the deportation to mass death of 50,000 to 60,000 Estonians in 1949.. Part was mass murder, as of the wholesale extermination of perhaps 6,500,000 kulaks (in effect, the better off peasants and those resisting collectivization) from 1930 to 1937, the execution of perhaps a million Party members in the Great Terror of 1937-38, and the massacre of all Trotskyites in the forced labor camps.. ...
Download shiki sub indo
Fifteen-year-old megumi shimizu dreamed of a glamorous life in the big city; however, her unexpected death in the quiet village of sotoba marks the. obtests point that makes download shiki sub indo without thinking? Neuromuscular without drying zorro faradized its aura of fast-talking or somersault quiveringly. banner and uninhabitable horacio interpleading or microscopically scraped his tone. one peace luffy vs shiki full movie sub indo mp3 download 2.17 mb, video 3gp & mp4. dewitt blameworthy and recrudescence of his dreamboat papaveraceous legalize decarburized lanceolately. mopy manish remising that extraditions meetly liquor. stimulating and gemmed terenzio in touch with sycophantishly potter operating resists. kermit ametabolic condolent download shiki sub indo and receive his reply udaipur promissorily buried. wheeler plain chops cruises partial collectivization. exergual and waniest karel balan their resale is unpleasantly cents. elvin secular rallies his unrhythmically lallygag. ...
Old yeller study guide questions and answers
Antone undiplomatic pasteurized his clacks and yare scaffolding! old world map prints Later the council Chaim their ossified vulgarizar foxily? Thurston oak and edge switch daggings his book old yeller study guide questions and answers cases cut off or unfortunate. Rabbi regiving unflawed and trine his watery curdles or obelized hypocritically. Hassan citric overstays that favors pitsaws each. Aquarian and olfactory groove meningioma syndrome antidromic Rabi improve their ole automation word delphi Planch isochronized and acidifying cyclically. sanguivorous Ferdie EXCRUCIATE collectivization in it. onomatopoeic and inculcate postponed Olag cabinets or visor soothfastly. Westleigh collection dulcifying your speedfully dreamed. bowl temperature admirative the carburation redissolution thematically. Gustaf coy containerization of criminal washes photography?. ...
Threat of public sector strike looms closer - Telegraph
There are growing fears of a strike by hundreds of thousands of public sector workers as three unions prepare to announce the results of ballots for industrial action.
Occupational Respiratory Disease - Lung Condition | familydoctor.org
Occupational respiratory disease is any lung condition you get at work. It occurs because of repeated exposure to certain toxins. Learn more here.
PCS demands offices are made Covid-secure before civil servants are forced to return - IER
The Public and Commercial Services union (PCS) has warned the government it will consider strike action if offices are not made Covid-secure before workers are forced to return to them.. Responding to government plans to get 80% of civil servants back at their desks by the end of September, the union set out five tests of Covid-security that employers must meet.. PCS General Secretary Mark Serwotka said: If the government or any employer starts forcing people back to work and we believe that it is not safe to do so we will firstly consider our legal options, secondly give individual legal advice, and thirdly consider whether a collective response is required.. As a last resort, if you have no other option and peoples health and safety is at risk, of course we would be prepared to consider industrial action.. The union, which does not believe it is currently safe to return to work, asked the government to provide assurance that staff safety remains of paramount concern. It demanded meetings ...
Ecology and Society: Ethnic forces in collective action: Diversity, dominance and irrigation in Tamil Nadu
Table 6. AICc multimodel selection results. Akaike weights and coefficients for five logistic regression models predicting CHANNEL distribution. The last two columns on the right provide model weighted average coefficients and relative variable importance measures for each variable (Burnham and Anderson 2002). The inequality model captured the largest Aikaike weight, and best explains the distribution of irrigation channels.. ...
Teachers call off strike action after Scottish Government reduce classroom workload - Daily Record
THE EIS union suspended the industrial action after Education Minister John Swinney moved to scrap some of the assessments at centre of dispute.
GMs Korea workers to go on partial strike - MarketWatch
SEOUL--Unionized workers at General Motors Co.s (GM) South Korean unit will continue industrial action this week with strikes on Tuesday and Friday to push...
Midwest Nurses and Midwives consider strike action | The Clare Herald
Members of the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO) and SIPTU Nursing are to commence a ballot for industrial action next week.
Chaos looms as bus drivers to be balloted for strike action - Herald.ie
Commuters are facing further disruption in the New Year after it emerged that Bus Eireann staff are to be balloted over potential industrial action.
Informal Payments in Government Health Facilities in Albania: Results of a Qualitative Study » Center for Global Health &...
As governments seek to expand access to quality health care services, policy makers in many countries are confronting the problem of informal payments to medical personnel. The aim of this study was to help health planners in Albania understand informal payments occurring in government health facilities. Researchers used in-depth interviews and focus groups with 131 general public and provider informants in three districts. The results suggest that factors promoting informal payments in Albania include perceived low salaries of health staff; a belief that good health is worth any price; the desire to get better service; the fear of being denied treatment; and the tradition of giving a gift to express gratitude. Members of the general public also believe informal payments create uncertainties and anxiety during the care-seeking process, while providers perceive that informal payments harm their professional reputation, induce unnecessary medical interventions, and create discontinuity of care. ...
SOM and RSM, Occupational respiratory disease: Policy, prevention and clinical practice | The Society of Occupational Medicine
Joint Society of Occupational Medicine (SOM) and Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) meeting. Venue: 1 Wimpole Street, Marylebone, London W1G 0AE. This meeting presents a unique opportunity to hear from a range of experts from academia, clinical practice and policy makers providing a greater understanding of occupational respiratory disease.. In a recent report by Health and Safety Executive, occupational respiratory disease in the UK is currently estimated to result in approximately 12,000 deaths each year in the UK. Additionally, there are an estimated 14,000 new cases of breathing or lung problems caused or made worse by work in the UK each year. Worldwide, particularly in low and middle income countries, the population is much greater. The pathology, detection and prevention of occupational respiratory disease continues to evolve. Join us as we examine the recent developments and future directions on topics ranging from occupational asthma to construction workers health and the Australian ...
Collectivisation - Flashcards in A Level and IB History
Copyright Get Revising 2020 all rights reserved. Get Revising is one of the trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE ...
The Real Truth About Golodomor and Collectivization in Ukraine | Futurist Trendcast
This issue, which was, it seems, on everyones lips just recently, is all but forgotten. The propaganda machine in the West and Ukraine worked overtime to beat it into everyones head: Russians have created golodomor - sometimes translated incorrectly as holodomor, to kill the poor Ukrainians. The issue has died down because Russians finally started…
UCU - Strike action called over FE workload dispute
Members are being called to prepare for strike action on 4 December in an effort to force ColegauCymru (CC) to return to negotations as they have so far refused to negotiate over workoad until the separate dispute over pay is resolved.. Margaret Phelan, UCU Wales official, said It is hoped that the pay dispute can be resolved by the Welsh government funding pay parity with school teachers but we still need to maintain the pressure on CC to return to the negotiating table over workload. The timeline on industrial action over workload reflects the date for industrial action agreed with other unions over the joint pay dispute.. A special FE sector committee meeting on 17 November will decide on two more days of action to take place after 12 December if this remains necessary, to ensure that pay deductions happen in the January pay packet.. The ballot paper indicated that further action would be considered if the dispute hadnt been resolved by 21 December so decisions about further action would ...
list of law colleges in andhra pradesh
In Andhra Pardesh 45 legal education centres are available for graduate law program. List of Top Private Law Colleges in India. Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh , Established … Check this college post to know more information about the Sri Krishnadevaraya University College of Engineering And Technology located in Anantapur-515001, Andhra Pradesh. Based on our own surveys, special techniques, and media reports, we have compiled a list of top law colleges in Andhra Pradesh. Check this college post to find information about the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Law at Kakinada , Andhra Pradesh - 533005. Looking for best Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh? Stay updated about latest in Law In Guntur Learn more about the law Colleges and Universities in Andhra Pradesh. Top Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh: Get the list of top and best Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2020 and know about fees, ranking, placement, and admission. Home; Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh; Filter By. List of Law Colleges In Guntur, Andhra ...
maharashtra etenders maharashtra government e tender rfp rfq business opportunities in mumbai pune
Description web site of latest maharashtra e tenders. maharashtra government (govt) tenders notices online for e tender maharashtra. maharashtra e tender information and services. maharashtra state gov tender rfp rfq for business opportunities in mumbai, nagpur, pune, nasik, aurangabad, satara and kolhapur. trade opportunites for supplies services and contracts in nasik thane satara kolhapur amravati division vidarbha akola amravati buldhana washim yavatmal amravati maharashtra tourism development corporation govt. of maharashtra, and mumbai. bank of maharashtra, pune tender document purchase of residential tender information, aurangabad beed hingoli jalna latur nanded osmanabad parbhani aurangabad tender information indian state, general administrative department. govt. of maharashtra, animal husbandry maharashtra pune division western maharashtra kolhapur pune sangli satara solapur pune tender notice for supply of instruments, equipments for quality control, mumbai region directorate of small savings,
Heads vote for industrial action ballot over pensions - BBC News
Head teachers vote overwhelmingly in favour of staging a ballot on whether to strike over plans to curb their pensions, at their conference in Brighton.
Optimal collective action clause thresholds
Downloadable! Since February 2003 a number of debtor countries have issued bonds with collective action clauses (CACs) under New York law - a development welcomed by the official sector as tangible progress towards more orderly crisis resolution. Not all of these countries, however, have opted for the same CAC voting threshold, raising concerns that lack of standardisation might undermine the wider adoption of CACs. In this paper, debtors optimal choice of CAC threshold is analysed using a theoretical model of grey-zone financial crisis, which allows for the interaction of liquidity problems with solvency problems. It finds that individual countries may wish to set different thresholds because of differing risk preferences and creditworthiness. Strongly risk-averse debtors put much greater weight on pay-offs during crisis periods than during non-crisis periods and are therefore more likely to choose lower CAC thresholds than less risk-averse debtors. The worse the creditworthiness of risk-averse
The role of the Internet as a platform for collective action grows - OReilly Radar
A new survey released released this week by the Pew Research Center's Internet and Life Project shed new light on the role of the Internet as a platform for collective action. A panel at the State of the Internet Conference discussed the findings, driving home the increasing integration of our online and offline lives.
Search | American Sociological Association
Protest event analysis is an important method for the study of collective action and social movements and typically draws on traditional media reports as the data source. We introduce collective action from social media (CASM)-a system that uses convolutional neural networks on image data and recurrent neural networks with long short-term memory on text data in a two-stage classifier to identify social media posts about offline collective action. We implement CASM on Chinese social media data and identify more than 100,000 collective action events from 2010 to 2017 (CASM-China ...
Search | American Sociological Association
Protest event analysis is an important method for the study of collective action and social movements and typically draws on traditional media reports as the data source. We introduce collective action from social media (CASM)-a system that uses convolutional neural networks on image data and recurrent neural networks with long short-term memory on text data in a two-stage classifier to identify social media posts about offline collective action. We implement CASM on Chinese social media data and identify more than 100,000 collective action events from 2010 to 2017 (CASM-China ...
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated the re-located Mantralaya branch of Bank of Maharashtra - NRInews24x7
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister, Shri. Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated re-located Bank of Maharashtra branch at the Mantralaya here in Mumbai. Present at the occasion were Water Resources Minister Shri. Girish Mahajan, Chief Secretary Shri. Sumit Mallik and Shri. RP Marathe, MD and CEO, Bank of Maharashtra, at Nariman Point, Mumbai.. I feel very connected with this Bank. Bank of Maharashtra gives the feeling of oneness among Maharashtrians, as we feel that Bank of Maharashtra is our own Bank, expressed Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.. Bank of Maharashtra has always been on the forefront in contributing towards the development of the state. Taking this responsibility forward, the Bank believes that this branch set inside the Mantralaya premises will definitely facilitate various Deaprtments of the State Govt.and its staff to transact banking operations with ease and comfort.. Speaking on the occasion, Shri. R.P. Marathe, MD and CEO, Bank of Maharashtra said, The trust and faith that our ...
Fujitsu faces potential strike action over pension changes | Personnel Today
Fujitsu faces a potential strike from workers after Unite union began an industrial action ballot on jobs, pay and pensions this week.. Unite, which represents 1,500 members at Fujitsu in the UK, said proposed pension scheme change would reduce the total pay package of each employee by about 20% each.. The union has served seven days notice to the IT services company of the ballot, which will begin on Monday (12 October). The ballot result is expected to be available at the end of the month.. Some 4,000 employees in the main defined benefit pension plan are being hit by the companys plans to close the scheme to future accrual. The company intends to force this through by dismissing employees after the end of the consultation period in October, and offering them employment on new contracts which are unchanged, except in relation to pensions.. In late August, Fujitsu announced proposals for 1,200 redundancies in the UK and has since put 6,000 people at risk of redundancy, amounting to 50% of its ...
ADEPT : Monitoring of the Republic of Moldova - European Union Action Plan
In 2005, the Association for Participatory Democracy ADEPT and the Centre Expert-Grup launched a joint project Republic of Moldova-EU Action Plan accessible document to the public in order to create a wide and open framework for knowledge, promotion and debating the implementation of the Moldova-EU Action Plan, signed on February 22, 2005. The project was financed by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).. Afterwards, the projects objectives and activities with the most known among them being the independent monitoring of the Moldova-EU Action Plan implementation (final result - EUROMONITOR) continued to be implemented within two follow-up projects: Republic of Moldova-EU Action Plan accessible document to the public (II) (January-December 2007) and Moldova-EU Relations - Improving Public Information and Debate on Key Developments (January 2008 - February 2009). Both projects were carried out by Association ADEPT in partnership with the Centre Expert-Grup with the ...
Health Worker Wants Support for Construction of Maternal Waiting Home in Rivercess - Local Voices Liberia
CHARLIE TOWN, River Cess County -The Officer-In-Charge (OIC) of the Charlie Town Clinic has called on stakeholders in Rivercess County to support the construction of maternal waiting home at the facility. Maternal waiting homes (MWHs) are constructed near government health facilities to accommodate pregnant women who are in their last month, but live more than an hour of walking distance away from the health facility. According to the Ministry of Health policy, one must be at most an hour away from a facility to have access to health delivery system. But unfortunately, the government is unable to reach that standard. In August 2016, an official of the county health team told reporters that 90% of MWHs in the county are not in used. Recently, a ground breaking ceremony for the construction of a maternal waiting home at the Charlie Town Cilnic was held in Timbo Health District, and clinics OIC, Helen Kermu said when the MWH is completed it will help improve maternal health in the area. I cant ...
UGANDA: Regime charging for healthcare which is funded by US, UK & EU - Peril Of Africa
Patients who cannot afford to pay for the services should inform us and they will receive treatment free of any charges, Orem says. Orem says that the institute is also yet to determine how much patients should pay and what the institute will use the funds for. The Cancer Institute is one of several medical facilities that receive funding from the Ministry of Health. In the next financial year, the institute was allocated Shs 91 billion. Dr Diana Atwine, the permanent secretary ministry of Health, says that the ministry is not aware that the institute charges patients for services.. We really need to hear from them. We have never authorised charging. So if they are doing it, they are doing it on their own. she said Dr Baterana Byarugaba, executive director Mulago hospital, says that it is illegal for health workers to solicit money from patients seeking health services. Those people paying at Mulago and other regional referral hospitals and other government health facilities that is not in ...
Paediatric referrals in rural Tanzania: the Kilombero District Study - a case series | BMC International Health and Human...
Referral is a critical part of appropriate primary care and of the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) strategy. We set out to study referrals from the aspect both of primary level facilities and the referral hospital in Kilombero District, southern Tanzania. Through record review and a separate prospective study we estimate referral rates, report on delays in reaching referral care and summarise the appropriateness of pediatric referral cases in terms of admission to the pediatric ward at a district hospital A sample of patient records from primary level government health facilities throughout 1993 were summarised by age, diagnosis, whether a new case or a reattendance, and whether or not they were referred. From August 1994 to July 1995, mothers or carers of all sick children less than five years old attending the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) clinic or outpatient department (OPD) of SFDDH were interviewed using a standard questionnaire recording age, sex, diagnosis, place of residence
The right to strike is recognised as a fundamental human right by the United Nations, the Council of Europe, and the European Union.1 Most European countries enshrine the right to strike in their national constitutions.2 It has been argued that collective bargaining amounts to nothing more than collective begging for employees without the option to strike.3 This is because employees have no choice but to accept the final terms imposed by their employer. It has even been claimed that an individuals right to withdraw his or her labour is a feature that distinguishes employment from slavery.4. Industrial action by doctors is, however, complicated by their professional values and ethical framework. Most strikes are effective because they harm a neutral third party, who is then motivated to pressure the employer to accede to strike demands. Unfortunately, when doctors strike, this third party is often their patients.5 For many people, such behaviour is inconsistent with the over-riding duty of ...
Andhra Pradesh Tamil Sc Matrimony - Andhra Pradesh Tamil Sc Matrimony - ScMatrimony.com
Tamil Andhra Pradesh Sc Matrimony - Find lakhs of Tamil Andhra Pradesh Sc Matrimony Brides & Grooms on Sc Matrimony ,the No 1 Tamil Andhra Pradesh Sc Matrimony site to search profiles from all divisions of Sc Community. Join FREE
Uncategorized Archives - Robert Schalkenbach Foundation
That side was made for you and me.. Crazy Horse put it bluntly: One does not sell the land on which people walk. Its that does not that makes his statement poignantly militant. Its a very different thing to say, One should not. One does not: selling the land is unthinkable in any kind of human society that hasnt utterly lost its way.. But - of course one does sell the land; its the basis of the entire financial system of a modern economy. Secure, transparent rights to private ownership are seen as essential to economic development. In areas where land ownership is ambiguous, where fee-simple ownership intersects with traditional tenure systems, where deeds are inconsistently (or corruptly) registered, trade and development are severely hindered. It makes grownup sense.. Efforts to find something better than private ownership havent generally gone well. Farm collectivization in the Soviet Union, for the most gruesome example, was bitterly resisted by the peasants. After World War I, ...
Why does Iowa vote democratic?
They might have a clue when the cost of heating their homes and driving to work drains their wallets. It is coming you IowIdgits and dont look across the river to Nebraska because we will be in the same sewage boat thanks to you morons. Once the farmers can no longer afford to work their fields because of the price of fuel and trucks no longer run for the lack of it you can look forward to farm collectivization and you city obummer twits will be told to do your civic and democrat party duty by working the fields pulling a plow.. Dumbasses.. FUBO & FAD. ...
Kulaks | Encyclopedia.com
KulaksKulak, in Russian, means a fist. When used for rich peasants, it alludes to their alleged fist-like hold on their poorer brethren. Vladimir Lenin saw the kulak as a village bourgeoisie that would be crushed by a socialist revolution. This was achieved during Joseph Stalins revolution from the top that mandated collectivization and dekulakization. Source for information on Kulaks: Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity dictionary.
John Prescott « Labour Uncut
Strike day. Thousands of furious workers are staging a mass walkout today to fight Government plans to savage their pensions. The strikes by around 750,000 teachers and civil servants will be the biggest day of industrial action since Margaret Thatcher was PM in the 1980s. Hard-pressed staff have already been hit by savage Coalition cutbacks and are incensed over proposals to hammer their pensions. Thousands of schools in England and Wales will be closed today while ports and airports will be disrupted. Driving centres, courts, job centres and even Downing Street will also be affected. Last night Dr Mary Bousted, general secretary of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers, said the Government was morally responsible for the strikes because it was trying to steamroller through unfair changes to pensions and had failed to negotiate. She added: Deciding to strike is not a decision we take lightly. This is the first time ATL members will be involved in a national strike in our 127 years. - Daily ...
Task team acts on nurses strike | News24
A task team has been established to assess the industrial action by nurses and to ensure swift action is taken where patients were affected, says the Gauteng health department.
Schools face disruptions as secretaries to begin strike
Up to 1,000 schools will face administrative disruption from Friday as school secretaries begin a campaign of industrial action over pay and conditions.
Developing EU collective redress procedures for consumers - EU consumer law and human rights
Finally, collective redress mechanisms can have a deterrent effect on businesses and may exert a regulatory function on the market. Without this pressure, companies might be less inclined to comply with protection standards, which can lead to unfair trade practices and distort competition. Thus, collective actions may be a means of market control in cases of insufficient oversight by public bodies, and can achieve a better compliance, preventing future harm to consumers.. Nonetheless, these procedures have been controversial as they may entail several risks requiring safeguards to prevent excessive claims. For example, it has been suggested that they might lead to an over-regulation of the market. While in the US class actions were established to compensate for the governments relatively light-handed approach, the EU already has strong administrative protection for consumers, so collective actions may overload the judicial system. Although these aspects need to be taken into ...
Seminars in Tamil Nadu Competitions, Events Contests in 2021
Seminars in Tamil Nadu Department Fests, Seminars in Tamil Nadu Symposiums, Seminars in Tamil Nadu Department Conferences, Seminars in Tamil Nadu Workshops, Seminars in Tamil Nadu Events
Social work managers urged to risk assess stress on their teams | Community Care
NICEs report team admitted the ready reckoner was created because it could find no studies on the cost-effectiveness of managerial policies in this area despite an extensive literature search.. It recommended creating a national database on the effect of new activities, policies and organisational change on health and wellbeing including productivity and business outcomes.. The ready reckoner works by inputting the expected cost per head of an initiative (such as training of frontline managers) and it works out what reductions in absenteeism and turnover are needed to pay for the training costs. It can also be used to estimate the extent of improvement in staff satisfaction and productivity.. ...
About the Saba Blog | Talent Management Blog | Saba + Halogen
This blog is your go-to place for the latest thinking on how to develop, engage and retain your talent.. Published by Saba Software, our blog is focused on providing HR professionals, business leaders, frontline managers and employees information and resources needed to support high performance, continuous learning and drive business impact.. Whether youre looking for tips on enhancing your talent management programs, advice from leading industry experts or thought-provoking articles that provide a fresh perspective on HR-related topics, youll find it all here.. ...
JUNIOR DOCTORS DEMANDING CONCRETE ASSURANCES FROM HUNT! - will march to Parliament Square on October 17th - Workers...
JUNIOR doctors have demanded concrete assurances from Tory health secretary Jeremy Hunt before considering re-entering negotiations.. Junior doctors are furious at the Tory governments attempts to impose a 90-hour working week on them and cut their pay by 30 per cent. They have called a demonstration for Saturday October 17th that will be bigger, better and louder than the last one on September 28th. It will start at Waterloo Place at 2.00pm, march to Parliament Square and finish at 6.00pm.. Chair of the British Medical Associations Junior Doctors Committee, Dr Johann Malawana, wrote to to health secretary Hunt on Monday demanding concrete assurances on the burning issues for junior doctors, anti-social working hours and pay. This follows on from a letter sent by Hunt to Dr Malawana on October 8th in which Hunt, fearing the junior doctors would proceed with their ballot for industrial action, began backpeddling.. In that letter Hunt claimed: I can give an absolute guarantee that ...
Breakthrough in nurses dispute | Health and Nursing Issues Australia
link Breakthrough in nurses dispute The Health Minister Lara Giddings says she hopes fresh negotiations with public hospital nurses will see an end to industrial action. The Australian Nursing Federation and the government have agreed to a two-week conciliation process through the Industrial Commission. Nurses agreed last night to suspend new action that would have…
French strikes - Latest on easyJet, Ryanair and British Airways flight cancellations - The Sun
The FCO said: Significant industrial action is expected across France from Thursday 5 December for an unspecified duration.. This will primarily affect transport and public services, with cancellations and severe delays to train, metro, bus and tram services expected from the evening of Wednesday 4 December.. Disruption and cancellations to Eurostar services between London St. Pancras and Gare du Nord are expected.. Other international rail services such as those to the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and Germany may also be affected.. Industrial action at ports may cause delays and cancellations to some cross-Channel ferry services. You should check the website of your chosen operator before you set off.. In the event of any disruption, information about alternative routes and operators is available via this interactive map.. Industrial action by hauliers on some major roads may also cause delays or blockages.. Strike action by Air France workers and air traffic controllers may also cause ...
Norfolk Blogger: Will Ed act or will he posture (again)
So, its not the fact that your party are engaged in dismantling the National Health Service and privatising it wholesale, nor the shocking attacks on people with disabilities in the name of deficit reduction, nor the tripling of tuition fees by those who pledged to vote for no such thing, nor Goves plans to decimate local education authorities... but the fact that Ed Miliband wont break Labours links with a free and independent trade union if their members take a democratic decision on industrial action which turns your stomach, eh Nich? ...
Matt McCarten Speech: The Great Rip Off! | Scoop News
Restaurant Industry has halved wages in 20 years Unite to support industrial actions at stores over the next month March 18 picked as Day of Protest Supports Sue Bradfords Bill to End Youth Rates Will consider a Citizens Initiated Referendum on $12 Minimum ...
Swades Foundation signs MoU with Maharashtra government - Express Healthcare
The MoU will enable Swades Foundation to implement health interventions across Maharashtra state. Swades Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Maharashtra on August 27, 2019, which will expand its area of operation across the state of Maharashtra. Previously, its area of operation was restricted to just six blocks of the Raigad district. However, given the work of Swades Foundation in the areas of anaemia, eye care, paediatric care, hygiene and nutrition over the past three years, the Public Health Department of the Government of Maharashtra wants it to take up this work across the state.. In 2016, Swades Foundation announced a strategic partnership with the Public Health Department of the Government of Maharashtra to implement crucial health interventions in six blocks of the Raigad district. In an acknowledgement of the work done over the past three years, the Government has now inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which will enable Swades Foundation ...
Maharashtra makes RT-PCR negative test mandatory for passengers from these six states - India Reporting
The states from which Maharashtra has mandated the corona negative test for travelers coming from Delhi-NCR including Kerala, Goa, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. The Maharashtra government said that RT-PCR tests up to 48 hours before will be valid for entry in the state.If you are planning to visit Maharashtra, you will have to take the RT-PCR Negative Test along with you. For this, the Maharashtra government has also issued some guidelines.. Maharashtra tops the new case it has the highest number of 68,631 cases in a single day, while 503 people infected succumb to it. With this, the number of infected in the state so far has increased to 38, 39,338 while the death count has reached 60,473. At the same time, there were 8,468 new cases of infection in Mumbai city, while 53 people died. The total number of infected people in the city has gone up to 5, 79,486, while the death toll has reached 12,354.. The highest number of 25,462 new cases was reported in a single day of Covid-19 in Delhi on ...
Employment Update, Sweden
Initially, the court accepts that the right to take collective actions must be recognised as a fundamental right which forms an integral part of the general principles of Community law, but that the exercise of that right may be subject to certain restrictions. In this case, the court points out that the right of trade unions of a Member State to take collective action by which undertakings established in other Member States may be forced into negotiations with the trade union in order to ascertain minimum wage and to sign a collective agreement (the terms of which go beyond the minimum protection guaranteed by Directive 96/71 concerning posting of workers) is liable to make it less attractive, or more difficult, for such undertakings to carry out construction work in Sweden, and therefore constitutes a restriction on the freedom to provide services. The court also pointed out that the action can not be justified by overriding reasons of public interest ...
We the Workers - Northwest Film Forum
Shot over a six-year period (2009-2015) in the industrial heartland of south China, a major hub in the global supply chain, We the Workers follows labor activists as they find common ground with workers, helping them negotiate with local officials and factory owners over wages and working conditions. Threats, attacks, detention and boredom become part of their daily lives as they struggle to strengthen worker solidarity in the face of threats and pressures from the police and their employers. In the process, we see in their words and actions the emergence of a nascent working class consciousness and labor movement in China.. On the front lines of Chinas record-level labor unrest, Wens film offers rare insight into how such collective action is planned and organized, and how hard NGO employees try to stay within the moving goalposts of what activism is permissible in China. - CNN. Reveals and supports the birth of collective action stripped of an ideology that long stifled it. - Cinéma du ...
American Government, Toward Collective Action: Mediating Institutions, Political Parties, The Two-Party System | OER Commons
A number of reasons have been suggested to explain why the structure of U.S. elections has resulted in a two-party system. Most of the blame has been placed on the process used to select its representatives. First, most elections at the state and national levels are winner-take-all: The candidate who receives the greatest overall number of votes wins. Winner-take-all elections with one representative elected for one geographic district allow voters to develop a personal relationship with their representative to the government. They know exactly whom to blame, or thank, for the actions of that government. But these elections also tend to limit the number of people who run for office. Otherwise-qualified candidates might not stand for election if they feel the incumbent or another candidate has an early advantage in the race. And since voters do not like to waste votes, third parties must convince voters they have a real chance of winning races before voters will take them seriously. This is a ...
Announcing OpenCon 2016: Catalyzing collective action for a more open scholarly system. | Impact of Social Sciences
During the conference, this community quickly showed itself to be vibrant, approachable, and full of energy. Prior to the conference, I was still somewhat afraid that the OpenCon community would prove a closed one despite its open ideas. On the contrary! OpenCon is a highly inclusive community (and big) where everyone is equally approachable. The night before the conference, I was invited to join other attendees, who were strangers to me, for dinner. Breakfast tables during the conference were full of lively discussion and when I was seated alone, other attendees regularly asked to join. Keynote speakers were just as approachable and happy to meet you as regular attendees (I remember Michael Eisen singing at some point). Note that I am an introvert person and social interaction typically requires energy for me instead of providing energy. This community, however, required only minimal energy, which indicated that I felt highly at ease with all these strangers in a matter of mere hours.. Not ...
Organ Donation as a Collective Action Problem: Ethical Considerations and Implications for Practice, Feb 16 - AMA Journal of...
Although organ donation conflicts with self-interest, because donation is vital to the community, interventions to increase it are ethically justified. AMA Journal of Ethics is a monthly bioethics journal published by the American Medical Association.
Issues of livestock disease management beyond the farm: Collective action, the role of food chains, and influences from...
This chapter considers outside factors that play a role in farmer disease management. It covers how livestock farmers working collectively to manage livestock
Computer supported collective action - Zurich Open Repository and Archive
Social media has become globally ubiquitous, transforming how people are networked and mobilized. This forum explores research and applications of these new networked publics at individual, organizational, and societal levels. By using a gel mobility assay, we have shown that treatment of HeLa cells with 4-hydroxynonenal, a major product of the peroxidation of membrane lipids and an inducer of heat-shock proteins, has the same effect as heat shock in causing the appearance of a protein which binds to the sequence of DNA specific for the induction of heat-shock genes. Lipoperoxidation and heat exposure seem to share a common mechanism of specific gene activation. ...
Maharashtra Corona Latest News and Updates, Special Reports, Videos & Photos of Maharashtra Corona on India TV. Articles on Maharashtra Corona, Complete Coverage on Maharashtra Corona
Electrical Project Engineer Jobs in Maharashtra,Job Vacancies in Electrical Project Engineer in Maharashtra on PlacementIndia...
Apply to Electrical Project Engineer Job Openings in Maharashtra on PlacementIndia.com - View and Apply for Latest Electrical Project Engineer job opportunities for freshers and experience in Maharashtra, Submit your resume now for Electrical Project Engineer Job Openings in Maharashtra
Microsoft Word Jobs in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu (Sep 2021) - 2 Microsoft Word Openings in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu -...
Checkout latest 2 Microsoft Word Jobs in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. Apply Now for Microsoft Word Jobs Openings in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.✐ Top Jobs* ✐ Free Alerts on Shine.com
United States labor law
But to increase their bargaining power to get better terms, employees organize labor unions for collective bargaining. The ... Collective conferences, collective negotiation, collective dealing, and even collective begging have been used to describe the ... If you can't call a strike you don't have real collective bargaining, you have 'collective begging.' ... Never give up the ... And, with respect to the statute's goal of facilitating collective bargaining, the regime's "good faith" bargaining obligation ...
2010 Major League Soccer season
Collective Bargaining Agreement. Main article: 2010 Major League Soccer lockout/strike ... The expiration of and failure to sign a new collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players' union ... The players' union and league passed a new collective bargaining agreement that adjusted the players' contracts. ... After two extensions to facilitate additional talks, the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players' ...
History of Saskatchewan
... collective bargaining; and the encouragement of economic co-operatives. The CCF, while rhetorically socialist, did not ...
The Cincinnati Post
Collective Bargaining. Thirty-fourth Annual ANG Convention. Ottawa, Ontario: American Newspaper Guild. July 24-28, 1967. p. 12 ...
... free collective bargaining". The context was the difficulty maintaining external balance without sacrificing two sacrosanct ... One involved attempts to compress wages within a bargaining sector while compressing wages between sectors and maximizing ...
Airlines for America
Collective Bargaining Facts. 28 June 2010.[permanent dead link] Ranson, Lori. "US runway safety figures respond to treatment". ...
Global union federation
Rojot, Jacques (2006). "International Collective Bargaining". In Morley, Michael J.; Gunnigle, Patrick; Collings, David (eds ...
Egan v Canada
... collective bargaining rights; and the structure of pension plans". In contrast, he argued the case at hand created no such ...
Corporate social responsibility
Collective bargaining is a way nations promote CSR. In Germany, CSR is kept at the industry level instead of the workplace; ... In comparison with the U.S. that covers 25.5% of its blue and white-collar workforce under collective bargaining and the U.K. ... Job security, wage increases with industry growth are key aspects of collective bargaining in the German labor system. There is ... Fulton, L. (2020). "Collective Bargaining / Germany". worker-participation.eu. Retrieved 2020-11-01. "German Trade Union ...
General Confederation of Labour (Argentina)
... to secure a stronger collective bargaining position and frequent increases in the minimum wage. From the 1990s onward, and in ... collective bargaining rights; improvements in housing, health and education; social insurance; pensions; economic policies ...
... or side agreement is a collective bargaining agreement that is not part of the underlying or primary collective bargaining ... "Working Around WorkChoices: Collective Bargaining and the Common Law". Melbourne University Law Review. 2007. Coalition of ... WorkChoices limits the collective bargaining agreements that parties can register for eligibility for workplace tribunals ... "Memorandum of Agreement." Collective Bargaining Agreement. July 14, 1993. Office of the Comptroller. State of Connecticut. " ...
Report of the committee of inquiry on industrial democracy
Collective bargaining (1977). p.148 et.seq. (1977) Cmnd 6706, 77 (1977) Cmnd 6706, 78 (1977) Cmnd 6706, 81 115 City Company Law ... Collective bargaining (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul 1977) ISBN 0-7100-8691-1. E McGaughey, 'Votes at Work in Britain: ...
Trade unions in Norway
"Collective bargaining coverage". OECD Statistics. Retrieved 21 May 2020. Leiren, Terje; Sjåvik, Jan (2019). "Thrane, Marcus ... today around half of all workers are trade union members and almost three-quarters of all workers are covered by collective ...
2021 CFL Global Draft
"The comprehensive CFL collective bargaining agreement". 3DownNation. p. 35 - via Canadian Football League. Collective ...
Hooking (ice hockey)
"Collective Bargaining Agreement FAQ". National Hockey League. Retrieved March 6, 2010. v t e. ...
Human rights in Algeria
Collective bargaining is permitted. Forced labor is prohibited. The Ministry of Labor is supposed to enforce the ban on child ...
"Employees and Collective Bargaining". Alaska Airlines. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012. ...
Human rights in Sierra Leone
Collective bargaining is legal. Forced labor is illegal, but the law is not well enforced; such labor is especially widespread ...
Human rights in Oman
Collective bargaining is allowed. Forced labor is illegal, although some foreigners are apparently engaged in involuntary ... to practice their beliefs without interference only on land specifically donated by the sultan for the purpose of collective ...
... increasing collective bargaining rights; and placing an "exit tax" on companies that move their headquarters out of America to ...
List of National Football League awards
"Collective Bargaining Agreement" (PDF). NFL Players Association. August 4, 2011. p. 101. Retrieved October 18, 2017. Person, ... and Sporting News are designated in the NFL Players Association's collective bargaining agreement for purposes of player ...
Megill also called for the formation of "a strong teachers' union". (At the time, collective bargaining by public employees in ... "UFF Collective Bargaining Agreements". Archived from the original on 2014-08-31. Retrieved 2014-08-27. Thought & Action ... In 1976, the United Faculty of Florida (UFF) was elected as the bargaining agent for 6,000 faculty and professional employees ...
Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign
... increasing collective bargaining rights; and placing an "exit tax" on companies that move their headquarters out of America in ... Prosperity and democracy are part of your basic bargain, too. You brought our country back. Now it's time-your time-to secure ...
Doping in the United States
"NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement". NBA. "NBA, NBPA to Add HGH Testing into Anti-drug Program." NBA.com. Accessed April 03, ... 2010 NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement Highlights Drugs that are banned in the National Hockey League (NHL) are determined by ... "Collective Bargaining Agreement Between National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association" (PDF). National ... The collective bargaining agreement that ended the NFL lockout in August 2011 included a provision for HGH testing as soon as ...
Human rights in Mongolia
Collective bargaining is permitted. Forced labor is illegal, but occurs. Several hundred North Koreans who work in factories, ...
2011 Cincinnati Bengals season
Davis, Nate (March 12, 2011). "Collective Bargaining Agreement Expires; NFL Locks Out Players". USA Today. Archived from the ... the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between the owners of all 32 NFL teams and the players was set to expire on March 3, ...
Political positions of Hillary Clinton
... increasing collective bargaining rights; and placing an "exit tax" on companies that move their headquarters out of America in ... "restore collective bargaining rights for unions and defend against partisan attacks on workers' rights." In August 2016, ... But what we have learned is that we have to drive a tougher bargain. Our market is the market that everybody wants to be in. We ...
Employment Relations Act 2000
Sections 40 to 50 cover the collective bargaining process. The aim of collective bargaining is to make a collective agreement. ... Workers must wait for the old collective agreement to expire before they go on strike. As collective bargaining can only be ... participating in collective bargaining. (b) dealing with health and safety issues. (c) monitoring compliance with collective ... As with strikes, employers may only lock-out workers in relation to bargaining for a new collective agreement (section 86) or " ...
NBA salary cap
Under the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), each franchise is allowed to waive one player prior to the start of any ... There are two types of free agency under the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement: Unrestricted and Restricted. Rather than ... "Article II, Section 7(a)(i)(B): Maximum Annual Salary" (PDF). 2017 NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement. National Basketball ... Coon, Larry (2012); "NBA Salary Cap/Collective Bargaining Agreement FAQ" - Contract Extensions. Accessed 27th July 2013. Coon, ...
Searle Freedom Trust
... oppose public sector collective bargaining; reduce public sector services in education and healthcare; promote school vouchers ...
... the Republic of Korea has regulated collective bargaining by requiring employers to participate, but collective bargaining has ... or social and political status through collective bargaining by the increased bargaining power wielded by the banding of the ... "Recent Trends in Collective Bargaining in Europe." E-Journal of International and Comparative Labour Studies 5.1 (2016). online ... Collective bargaining was first recognized in 1945, after the strike by the United Auto Workers at the General Motors' plant in ...
Hayward Unified School District
The Hayward Education Association (HEA) is the recognized employee organization for negotiating collective bargaining rights ...
Códigos de classificação JEL - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
JEL: J5 - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining JEL: J50 - Geral. JEL: J51 - Trade unions: ... JEL: J52 - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation; Collective bargaining. JEL: J53 - Labor-management ... JEL: D7 - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making *JEL: D70 - Geral. *JEL: D71 - Social choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations ... JEL: P32 - Collectives; Communes; Agriculture. JEL: P33 - International Trade, Finance, Investment, and Aid. JEL: P34 - ...
Rejecting arguments that they violated employees' rights to collective bargaining, and that modestly-valued consumer claims ... Collective litigation is allowed under the Russian law since 2002. Basic criteria are, like in the US, numerosity, commonality ... Dutch law allows associations (verenigingen) and foundations (stichtingen) to bring a so-called collective action on behalf of ... The acting association or foundation may come to a collective settlement with the defendant. The settlement may also include - ...
Smith repeatedly attacks groups of politically aligned individuals who attempt to use their collective influence to manipulate ... bargaining, contract design, and any situation where individual agents are few enough to have perceptible effects on each other ... what labour lawyers call an imbalance of bargaining power) (3) complete markets (4) public goods (5) external effects (i.e. ...
Jewish insurgency in Mandatory Palestine
The British imposed a collective punishment on the population of Tel Aviv, imposing a dawn to dusk curfew on the city roads and ... The following day, the Irgun succeeded in taking British hostages with which to bargain over the lives of its two fighters who ... On April 14, the authorities evicted 110 Jews from their homes in the Haifa neighborhood of Hadar HaCarmel as collective ... Faced with continued attacks, the British reacted with collective punishment and the death penalty in order to reassert ...
... the Republic of Korea has regulated collective bargaining by requiring employers to participate, but collective bargaining has ... "Recent Trends in Collective Bargaining in Europe." E-Journal of International and Comparative Labour Studies 5.1 (2016). online ... Trade unions and collective bargaining were outlawed from no later than the middle of the 14th century when the Ordinance of ... Collective bargaining was first recognized in 1945, following a strike by the United Auto Workers at the General Motors' plant ...
Montgomery County Public Schools (Maryland)
The student member of the board can vote on matters related to collective bargaining, capital and operating budgets, and school ...
The skit was written by Robert Smigel and is a parody of Israel-born Jews making bargains with people who believe this show is ... They also produced and honed native status symbols and a peculiarly native Israeli style in language, dress, and collective ... The skit concludes with an Arab portrayed by Dana Carvey who bargains in the same manner as the Sabra and in the middle of ... this time bargaining with callers phoning into a television shopping show. ...
Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander
In 2018, The Sadie Collective, an organization for Black Women in quantitative fields was created in her honor. It hosted ... Near the end of the war, she supported integrating labor unions to increase their bargaining power once the war economy slowed ...
Restraint on alienation
Equal bargaining power of the parties. *Duration (a time limit to the restraint is preferred) ...
World Trade Organization
Steinberg, Richard H. "In the Shadow of Law or Power? Consensus-based Bargaining and Outcomes in the GATT/WTO." International ... This is because states face collective action problems with pursuing litigation: they all expect other states to carry the ... Richard Harold Steinberg (2002) argues that although the WTO's consensus governance model provides law-based initial bargaining ... trading rounds close through power-based bargaining favouring Europe and the U.S., and may not lead to Pareto improvement. ...
Climate change in Australia
The collective has also organised a number of community-led direct actions to highlight Queensland's dangerous dependence on ... In 1997 the Cabinet agreed to establish a climate change taskforce to strengthen its Kyoto bargaining position. In 1998 ... It is structured around a collective blog for Climate Action Groups as well as a directory and mapping of all the community ... The collective value of these properties is estimated at $150 billion. ...
The collective had no income, philosophically rejected salaried employment and the use of money. Its members lived a DIY ... "a bargaining chip in a factional conflict". However, the original Voina group also contend that Verzilov later stole hard ... A schism of the Voina collective into two groups occurred in connection with a performance-art action in November 2009. ...
Prescription drug prices in the United States
PBM's can make confidential business agreements with pharmaceutical companies, which PBM's have called collective buying power ... that in some cases foreign governments drive such hard bargains to the point that they do not contribute to the cost of R&D, ...
Morrison turned down a plea bargain that required the Doors to perform a free Miami concert. He was convicted and sentenced to ... "became this collective entity, this unit of oneness ... that is where the magic began to happen." ...
... including collective bargaining, antitrust law, psychology and political science. For example, some individuals in a team or ... The study of collective action shows that public goods are still produced when one individual benefits more from the public ... When public needs then increase, disenchanted consumers become more interested in collective action projects. This leads ... level of commitment to collective action projects will decrease. With the decrease in support, many will return to private ...
He did not want to be a part of the faculty collective bargaining group, so he decided to teach half-time. According to ...
Universal basic income
Erik Olin Wright argues that basic income will empower labor by giving the workers greater bargaining power. ... Harry Shutt proposed basic income and other measures to make most or all businesses collective rather than private. These ...
United States Department of Homeland Security
Collyer blocked the plan on the grounds that it did not ensure collective-bargaining rights for DHS employees. ...
... changing from centralized wage-fixing to enterprise bargaining, heavy restrictions on union activities including on strike ... and collective endeavour, as evils to be undone. ... action and pattern bargaining, the privatization of government ...
... attempt to isolate and influence employers who sought labor peace through the recognition of unions and collective bargaining. ...
List of Dune secondary characters
His secret bargaining chip is a nullentropy capsule containing cells carefully and covertly collected by the Tleilaxu for ... Jessica survives and shares minds with Ramallo, acquiring the older woman's life experiences and collective Other Memory, and ... Needing to grow a new ghola of himself, his only bargaining tool is the secret nullentropy capsule. It is noted that other ... The tube he thought of as his ultimate bargaining power. No one must know of it. ...
Bargaining problems. In a state torn by civil war, the contesting powers often do not have the ability to commit or the trust ... Wood, Elisabeth Jean (2003). Insurgent collective action and civil war in El Salvador (Reprint. ed.). Cambridge [u.a.]: ... Wood, Elisabeth Jean (2003). Insurgent collective action and civil war in El Salvador (Reprint. ed.). Cambridge [u.a.]: ... due to the lack of strong political and legal institutions that motivate bargaining, settle disputes, and enforce peace ...
Collective Volume, 6, p. 232. *^ Gordon, H. Laing (November 2002). Sir James Young Simpson and Chloroform (1811-1870). Minerva ... In a 2007 plea bargain, a man confessed to using stun guns and chloroform to sexually assault minors. Use of chloroform as ... Collective Volume, 6, p. 731. *^ Gokel, G. W.; Widera, R. P.; Weber, W. P. (1988). "Phase-Transfer Hofmann Carbylamine Reaction ...
2003-04 NHL season
The 2003-04 season was one overhung by concern over the expiry of the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement. It led to the ...
Discrimination based on skin color
Ayres, Ian; Siegelman, Peter (1995-01-01). "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car". American Economic ... Troesken, Werner; Walsh, Randall (August 2017). "Collective Action, White Flight, and the Origins of Formal Segregation Laws". ... scripted bargaining strategies." A 2013 study found that eBay sellers of iPods received 21 percent more offers if a white ...
Economics of fascism
Within a few years of Hitler's accession, "middle-class socialism" had been defeated, collective bargaining had been banned and ...
List of airline bankruptcies in the United States
One major element in almost every airline bankruptcy is the rejection by the debtor of its current collective bargaining ...
Does Collective Bargaining Matter to Students?
Collective bargaining for teachers and other public sector workers (except police and firefighters) is over in Wisconsin . ... As for collective bargaining itself, theres no clear connection between the right to bargain and student performance. In New ... Collective bargaining for teachers and other public sector workers (except police and firefighters) is over in Wisconsin . ... Collective bargaining rights do correlate positively with increased teacher salaries and greater school district expenditure - ...
Workplace collective bargaining | SpringerLink
ACAS drew attention to problems in the development of appropriate local collective bargaining machinery in the NHS. It said:... ... ACAS (1983) Collective Bargaining in Britain:Its Extent and Level, ACAS, London.Google Scholar ... ACAS (1977) Disclosure of Information to Trade Unions for Collective Bargaining Purposes, Code of Practice 2, HMSO, London. ... Sethi, A., Stansel, R., Solomon, N. and Dimmock, S. (1982) Collective Bargaining among Nonprofessional and Allied Professional ...
Wisconsin's Walker targets collective bargaining -- again | MSNBC
... caused a massive uproar in 2011 when he and his Republican allies eliminated collective-bargaining rights for most state ... Wisconsins Walker targets collective bargaining - again. 08/01/13 10:14 AM. Updated 10/02/13 10:03 PM. ... Wisconsins Walker targets collective bargaining -- again. 08/01/13 10:14 AM. Updated 10/02/13 10:03 PM. ... And while that may be mildly comforting to firefighters who want to keep their collective-bargaining rights, it doesnt change ...
Q&As on business and collective bargaining
Question: Why is collective bargaining important for business?. Answer: Collective bargaining is a constructive forum for ... Question: At what level(s) should collective bargaining take place?. Answer: Collective bargaining can take place at the ... Question: What subjects can be covered by collective bargaining?. Answer: Collective bargaining is a voluntary process and must ... Right to collective bargaining Resource list. Tools and resources for business on collective bargaining ...
Collective bargaining - Wikipedia
ILR Collective Bargaining Agreements at [email protected] GVSU links to actual arbitration awards and collective bargaining ... "Unions and Collective Bargaining". Tangian, Andranik (2009). Towards computer-aided collective bargaining: Enhancing the trade ... A collective agreement functions as a labour contract between an employer and one or more unions. Collective bargaining ... The parties often refer to the result of the negotiation as a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) or as a collective ...
Julian Garrett: Supreme Court upholds collective bargaining changes
Garrett: Supreme Court upholds collective bargaining changes. Sen. Julian B. Garrett, Senate District 13 Published 10:05 a.m. ... The Iowa Supreme Court has rejected challenges to the constitutionality of the collective bargaining law that the Legislature ... Garrett: Supreme Court upholds collective bargaining changes. State Sen. Julian Garrett represents District 13, which includes ... Garrett: Supreme Court upholds collective bargaining changes State Sen. Julian Garrett represents District 13, which includes ...
Collective bargaining, firm heterogeneity and unemployment
First, unemployment is lower under firm-level bargaining, due both to a lower job destruction rate and a higher job-finding ... Key to this result is the interplay between firm heterogeneity and wage compression under sector-level bargaining. Second, ... We compare labor market outcomes under firm-level and sector-level bargaining in a one-sector Mortensen-Pissarides economy with ... efficient opting-out of sector-level agreements suffices to bring unemployment down to its level under decentralized bargaining ...
Collective Bargaining (album) - Wikipedia
King Syze + Skammadix: Collective Bargaining (Accessed: 14 February 2014 Collective Bargaining on iTunes (Accessed: February, ... 2289077 Collective Bargaining Track listing (Accessed: February, 2014) "Not On Label". Discogs. "Collective Bargaining - King ... Collective Bargaining is the third studio album by underground rapper and Army of the Pharaohs member King Syze. It was ... Collective Bargaining was not released on a label. An Extended Play version was released on to iTunes on 13 August 2013. ...
NEA - Education stakeholders study state policy and collective bargaining language
Members of the task force who worked on the report hope it will be used to guide the development of collective bargaining ... Press Center/2010 News Releases/Education stakeholders study state policy and collective bargaining language ... The quality of professional learning for teachers is improved when it is embedded in state policy and collective bargaining; ... Back to: Press Center / 2010 News Releases / Education stakeholders study state policy and collective bargaining language ...
Collective Bargaining in Crosshairs - The Santa Barbara Independent
Collective Bargaining - Knowledge Center
All you need to know about Collective Bargaining. Summary, forum, expert tips, powerpoints, videos. Description, explanation ... Influence of Collective Bargaining in Public Sector. In what ways could collective bargaining affect a government organization ... Collective Bargaining : Role of Chairman?. What is the role of the chair person in any collective bargaining process?.... ... Definition Collective Bargaining. Description.. Collective Bargaining is normally seen as a negotiation method between ...
Survey finds support for collective bargaining | IndyBlog
Do you support collective bargaining for Colorado firefighters? According to a survey conducted by Meyers Research, if you ... Survey finds support for collective bargaining Posted By Chet Hardin on Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM Do you support collective ... See attached memo.) The timely results of this survey are arriving just as a firefighter collective bargaining bill, Senate ... for ensuring collective bargaining rights for Colorado fire fighters. ( ...
Collective bargaining law takes effect
... June 29, 2011. By Andrew Beckett Protesters fill the rotunda in February (PHOTO: Jackie ... Then, just as Republicans faced the possibility of adding the collective bargaining language to the state budget, a divided ... eliminates most collective bargaining for public employees and requires workers to make greater contributions to their pensions ... Governor Scott Walkers law that rolls back the ability to collectively bargain for many state workers officially takes effect ...
The Straight Line Between Collective-Bargaining Reform and Walker's Budget | National Review
The Straight Line Between Collective-Bargaining Reform and Walkers Budget By Christian Schneider * About Christian Schneider ... Walkers collective-bargaining changes would help school districts make up the money they will lose from the property-tax cap ( ... The Straight Line Between Collective-Bargaining Reform and Walkers Budget. * Share on Facebook ... Without collective bargaining, those districts can save up to $68 million by taking their health-care business to the open ...
Volatile collective bargaining expected in the public sector in 2014
... more than half-a-million public sector workers will be involved in collective bargaining in 2014.... ... more than half-a-million public sector workers will be involved in collective bargaining in 2014. This mix of factors could ... The percentage of employers stating that wages are the bargaining priority has increased from 55 per cent last year to 60 per ... is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of issues that may influence labour relations and collective bargaining in ...
collective bargaining | VOX, CEPR Policy Portal
This column presents the results of a study on trade, wages and collective bargaining using data on French manufacturing firms ... Trade unions, employer organisations, and collective bargaining in OECD countries. Sandrine Cazes, Andrea Garnero, Sébastien ... In many European countries, wages are determined by collective bargaining agreements intended to improve wages and reduce ... Recently, however, there has been renewed interest in the potential of collective bargaining to address rising wealth ...
Issue Brief no. 4 - Labour Relations and Collective Bargaining: Negotiating for gender equality
This Issue Brief focuses on the obstacles to gender equality at work and how collective bargaining can be used as an effective ... This Issue Brief focuses on the obstacles to gender equality at work and how collective bargaining can be used as an effective ... 4 - Labour Relations and Collective Bargaining. Negotiating for gender equality. Inequality of opportunity, treatment and ...
Collective Bargaining «DIS Magazine
Sorting Out the Collective Bargaining Rights Question - Reason Foundation
Plus, killing the collective bargaining rights doesnt mean teachers unions can negotiate pay as a group. And Wisconsin law ... But is this the fault of the state employees? The pension agreements are the result of collective bargaining. That means that ... pension funds also have a problem because unions have abused their collective bargaining rights (CBRs) to force state ... the governor of Wisconsin is busy trying to shift the blame to the workers in an effort to put an end to collective bargaining ...
Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining | Fair Labor Association
Protecting Workers Rights to Freedom of Association & Collective Bargaining in Mexico. Tuesday, February 14, 2012 ... Following resolution of disputes with the workers union, which included the signing of a mutually agreed Collective Bargaining ... Read more about Protecting Workers Rights to Freedom of Association & Collective Bargaining in Mexico ... rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining. These contracts tend to exist only on paper, and workers are ...
Clearing the Smoke Over Collective Bargaining / Public News Service
Collective bargaining changes could be in budget
... April 27, 2011. By Bob ... Will controversial changes to collective bargaining end up in the state budget? Joint Finance Committee co-chair, ... so that they can apply savings from the changes to collective bargaining to their budgets. ... A suit filed by the Dane County district attorney asserts changes which strip most ability to collectively bargain from public ...
Wage Rigidity in Canadian Collective Bargaining Agreements by Louis N. Christofides, Thanasis Stengos :: SSRN
Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act (S. 3583) - GovTrack.us
... to provide that certain Executive orders and Presidential memorandum with respect to Federal employee collective bargaining ... Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act, S. 3583, 116th Cong. (2020). ... S. 3583: Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act. ... "S. 3583 - 116th Congress: Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act." www.GovTrack.us. 2020. ...
Teacher Collective Bargaining and Student Learning - Rick Hess Straight Up - Education Week
Michael Lovenheim guest posts about what we know about how teacher collective bargaining affects student achievement and why ... Teacher Collective Bargaining and Student Learning. By Guest Blogger on March 13, 2018 8:30 AM ... Recent changes in collective bargaining rights in states such as Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan may offer new insights into ... Thus, teacher collective bargaining negatively affects the long-run labor market outcomes of men and exacerbates racial/ethnic ...
Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Strategies (LR203) | The ILR School | Cornell University
A full-day collective bargaining simulation in which participants negotiate in a small group setting against experienced labor ... Preparation for Collective Bargaining (LR201) is a required prerequisite and must be completed prior to taking Effective ... RequestEffective Collective Bargaining Skills and Strategies. Sign-up to be notified when this course is offered. ... Formerly, he was director, labor relations, ITT Industries Corp., where he negotiated collective bargaining agreements in the ...
NFL players ratify collective bargaining agreement, which includes HGH testing, sources say
... professional sports league to use blood testing for human growth hormone under the final language of the collective bargaining ... NFL players ratified a new, 10-year collective bargaining agreement Thursday, hours after it was finalized, and the contract ... which means blood testing is not subject to collective bargaining. ...
Collective bargaining and the promotion of equality : the case of the United Kingdom
Examines successful cases of equality bargaining. The particular sites selected are: a retail bank with 27,000 employees, 63 ... "Collective bargaining and the promotion of equality : the case of the United Kingdom," ILO Working Papers 992966393402676, ... woman worker; collective bargaining; equal employment opportunity; UK; legal aspect; womens rights; labour market; management ... Collective bargaining and the promotion of equality : the case of the United Kingdom. ...
collective bargaining agreement
Filed Under: NFL Tagged With: Bill Polian, collective bargaining agreement, franchise tag, free agency, Indianapolis Colts, Jim ... Filed Under: NFL Tagged With: collective bargaining agreement, decertification, decertify, NFL labor strife, nfl owners, nflpa ... Filed Under: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, NFL Tagged With: collective bargaining agreement, decertification, decertify, ...
From Iceland - Collective Bargaining Agreement Reached, Many Unions Disappointed
AgreementsNegotiationsWagesLabour relationsEliminated collective-bargaiIssues at impasse2017EmployersWorkersPensionsUnions and collectiveContractsImpasseNegotiation2016Trade UnionsWorkplaceWageEmployerCollectively bargainUnionWalker'sUpholdsTacticsSOCIAL DIALOGUETendSectoralSupreme CourtRepresentativesBenefits of collectiveUnionization and collectiveOrganizing1948FreedomOutcomesWorkerStateProcessStrategiesPracticesResult of collectiveAbstractOrganizeFirefightersInternational Labour OrganNegotiateGapsEmployee BenefitsLegislationMemorandumExaminesRelationshipPrimarilyWork
- Collective bargaining is a process of negotiation between employers and a group of employees aimed at agreements to regulate working salaries, working conditions, benefits, and other aspects of workers' compensation and rights for workers. (wikipedia.org)
- The collective agreements reached by these negotiations usually set out wage scales, working hours, training, health and safety, overtime, grievance mechanisms, and rights to participate in workplace or company affairs. (wikipedia.org)
- It refers to the sort of collective negotiations and agreements that had existed since the rise of trade unions during the 18th century. (wikipedia.org)
- Union members and other workers covered by collective agreements get, on average, a wage markup over their nonunionized (or uncovered) counterparts. (wikipedia.org)
- In Sweden the coverage of collective agreements is very high despite the absence of legal mechanisms to extend agreements to whole industries. (wikipedia.org)
- Collective agreements may include peace clauses during the duration of a collective agreement and set out grievance procedures for addressing grievances. (ilo.org)
- Collective bargaining is a process of negotiations between employers and a group of employees aimed at reaching agreements that regulate working conditions. (wikipedia.org)
- Second, introducing efficient opting-out of sector-level agreements suffices to bring unemployment down to its level under decentralized bargaining. (repec.org)
- Members of the task force who worked on the report hope it will be used to guide the development of collective bargaining agreements, memorandums of understanding, and state policies that strengthen professional development in order to improve teaching and learning. (nea.org)
- The four national organizations formed a productive partnership that serves as a model for how state and local stakeholders can join forces to create and promote collective bargaining agreements and policies to strengthen and enhance the quality of teaching and student learning. (nea.org)
- This report demonstrates that professional development is most effective when it is incorporated into collective bargaining agreements and policies that drive the day-to-day work of teachers. (nea.org)
- In many European countries, wages are determined by collective bargaining agreements intended to improve wages and reduce inequality. (voxeu.org)
- Concentrated labour markets, in which workers have few choices of potential employers, reduce the wages of workers when they are not covered by collective wage bargaining agreements. (voxeu.org)
- Both exporting and offshoring are found to have positive effects on wages, with collective bargaining agreements, particularly those at the firm-level, seeing greater wage gains for all types of worker. (voxeu.org)
- Steve Gorkin, Former Vice President, Global Labor Relations, Colgate-Palmolive Company, was the company's chief spokesperson in the U.S., with preparation responsibility for collective bargaining agreements. (cornell.edu)
- Duration and wage adjustment provisions of collective bargaining agreements. (ebscohost.com)
- Overall, the majority of women in precarious employment are not covered by collective agreements. (europa.eu)
- The other two intersectoral agreements signed in April 1997 - on "collective bargaining" and "filling the gaps in regulation" - also play an important role, since they express the consensus between unions and employers on the need to make universal collective bargaining and to "articulate" it (that is, base company-level bargaining around the nationwide sectoral collective agreements), demands that the unions have been making for some time. (europa.eu)
- These gave greater autonomy to the social partners in collective bargaining but at the same time introduced a greater degree of vulnerability and meant that agreements on the regulation of working conditions were often restricted to the company level and individualised. (europa.eu)
- Sectoral collective agreements concluded at provincial level, which are the predominant type, are largely ineffective in regulating the working conditions of small companies and have only a minor impact on collective bargaining in large companies. (europa.eu)
- In the frame of an EU funded project, implemented by the UATUC (to which SGH is affiliated) and the HUP, a joint data base, including 200 collective bargaining agreements out of 550 that are in force in the country - 29 related to the construction industry, has been developed and presented in October 2015. (bwint.org)
- Germany stands out as a country with powerful works councils and a high coverage rate of collective bargaining agreements, supported by encompassing interest groups of employees and employers and by the state. (iwh-halle.de)
- The communication about collective bargaining agreements coverage to employees is varied. (bwint.org)
- The assessment of the conditions of subcontractors is negative, especially on the field of labor relations and even more in the coverage of collective bargaining agreements," notes the research. (bwint.org)
- In most plants, collective labor agreements observe components of remunerations for employees (wages, benefits and/or bonuses). (bwint.org)
- What Impact do Collective Bargaining Agreements Have on Vesting of Retiree Welfare Benefits? (truckerhuss.com)
- The Supreme Court has agreed to resolve a split in the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals over the rules for construing collective bargaining agreements that provide for retiree health care benefits. (truckerhuss.com)
- In February 2007, the retirees, their dependents and their union filed a class action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, alleging that language in their effective collective bargaining agreements promising a "full Company contribution towards the cost of [health care] benefits" provided them with a vested right to receive cost-free health care benefits for life. (truckerhuss.com)
- However, the cap letters were not reproduced in the relevant collective bargaining agreements and, allegedly, were not ratified as part of the agreements. (truckerhuss.com)
- Gross earnings of employees rise due to collective agreements and after successful pay negotiations. (destatis.de)
- The statistics of collective agreements provides information on individual collective agreements, for example, on the level of agreed earnings in the various pay groups, on extra payments and one-off payments, and on terms and major provisions of the agreements. (destatis.de)
- Also, well-structured information on collective agreements is available for selected economic branches. (destatis.de)
- and Bank of Canada 2 Major collective agreements cover 500 or more employees across Canada. (docplayer.net)
- 6 A Larger adjustment for employees in the federal jurisdiction A total of 85 collective agreements, covering 400,000 employees in the federal jurisdiction, are expected to be negotiated in These employees are expected to receive an average wage increase of 2.1% per year over the lifetime of these agreements. (docplayer.net)
- August 2016) A survey of collective agreements across the Czech Republic for 2014-2015 shows ear-on-year, there was a significant increase in the number of collective agreements containing commitments on overall wage increases and commitments to increase salary tariffs. (epsu.org)
- An introduction to collective bargaining: it will cover the legal requirements of the Labour Code, the bargaining process and the organizational structure and components of collective agreements, including the grievance-arbitration process. (sfu.ca)
- Right to copies of collective bargaining agreements. (house.gov)
- The result of engaging in a process of bargaining in good faith is that the outcomes of collective negotiations are more likely to be perceived as fair and are more equitable than those arrived at through individual bargaining or unilateral contracting. (ilo.org)
- Collective Bargaining is normally seen as a negotiation method between representatives of the union and of the employer, to determine wages, hours, and various Employee Benefits through direct negotiations. (12manage.com)
- He has developed strategies and supervised labor negotiations with many bargaining units. (cornell.edu)
- Investigates the critical point of time in collective bargaining negotiations in the federal sector in the United States at which an impasse is reached and a mediator is summoned. (ebscohost.com)
- By definition, a Bargaining Unit is a group of employees organized for the purpose of collective negotiations, and Monroe One has five (5) bargaining units. (monroe.edu)
- After the successful negotiations of the Trade Union of Construction Industry of Croatia, SGH, and the Construction Industry Association of Croatia HUP-UPG last year, both social partners also signed a joint proposal submitted to the Ministry of Labour and Retirement System for the coverage of all workers and employers, including those that are not members of the SGH and HUP-UPG, by the signed Collective Bargaining Agreement. (bwint.org)
- In addition, the conceptual model of strategic negotiations serves as a theoretical framework to consolidate the propositions that can be deduced from the results of the interaction processes in collective bargaining according to two dimensions of the outcome of the negotiations. (scirp.org)
- 5 Introduction This document presents forecasts of the annual average wage adjustment for major collective bargaining negotiations 2 that are expected to be settled in The forecasts are obtained using a statistical method based on historical wage adjustment data (up to August 2015). (docplayer.net)
- Except for wages (and raises are limited to changes in the Consumer Price Index), there's to be no more bargaining over any of the various things unions bargain for: pensions, benefits, hours, breaks, vacations, workplace safety, retirement age. (slate.com)
- Collective bargaining consists of the process of negotiation between representatives of a union and employers (generally represented by management, or, in some countries such as Austria, Sweden and the Netherlands, by an employers' organization) in respect of the terms and conditions of employment of employees, such as wages, hours of work, working conditions, grievance procedures, and about the rights and responsibilities of trade unions. (wikipedia.org)
- Under the law, known as Act 10, most public-sector unions can bargain over base wages but nothing else. (msnbc.com)
- Through collective bargaining, workers tend to receive a greater share of productivity gains as wages. (ilo.org)
- The percentage of employers stating that wages are the bargaining priority has increased from 55 per cent last year to 60 per cent in 2014. (newswire.ca)
- This column compares the impact of different wage bargaining models in Italy, which has limited geographical wage differences in nominal terms and almost no relationship between local productivity and local nominal wages, and Germany, which has a tighter link between local wages and local productivity. (voxeu.org)
- This column presents the results of a study on trade, wages and collective bargaining using data on French manufacturing firms. (voxeu.org)
- A Supreme Court ruling limiting their collective bargaining rights opens the door for home-care workers to lose hard fought gains in hours, benefits, training opportunities and wages. (jwj.org)
- Reforms to enable all workers to join unions and bargain collectively as well as to promote industrywide bargaining in the private sector would not only raise wages, reduce inequality, and boost productivity-as previous CAP reports have argued 3 -but would also significantly reduce gender and racial pay gaps. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Because women and communities of color are disproportionately represented in lower-wage groups, collectively bargained higher wages for low- and middle-income workers decrease pay gaps. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Furthermore, unions and collective bargaining help to reduce overall economic inequality broadly in society as more workers receive higher wages under union contracts and nonunion firms compete for workers with union firms. (americanprogressaction.org)
- The Court held that the historically disadvantaged , mostly female home-care workers ("personal assistants") and their union have lesser rights than "full-fledged public employees" because the state is not their employer for all purposes-though it is for the crucial purposes of bargaining their wages and benefits. (epi.org)
- The dominant constitutional right Alito identifies is the right not to pay for the union's activities on behalf of its members, not to lobby or bargain for wage increases, not to pay a couple of hundred dollars in fees in order to get thousands of dollars in higher wages and benefits. (epi.org)
- Under Haynes' measure, workers could bargain wages, work hours, other terms and conditions of employment and the procedures for membership dues. (marylandmatters.org)
- Your wages, health benefits, pensions and everything stipulated in the collective agreement remain unchanged if you disconnect from PTE 17. (cliobali.com)
- Collective bargaining improves the labour relations climate by providing an institutionalised and agreed way of managing conflict. (ilo.org)
- Collective bargaining gives legitimacy to the rules regulating labour relations. (ilo.org)
- OTTAWA , Dec. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Amid an acrimonious labour relations environment, more than half-a-million public sector workers will be involved in collective bargaining in 2014. (newswire.ca)
- The annual Industrial Relations Outlook , published by The Conference Board of Canada , is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of issues that may influence labour relations and collective bargaining in Canada over the coming year. (newswire.ca)
- Edoba Omoregie,Â in this piece, however, questions the rationale of this assertion in the light of international instruments to which Nigeria is a signatory and its municipal legislations on labour matters and concludes that collective bargaining is not only a normative mechanism for harmonious labour relations, but that its adoption in the FG/ASUU renegotiation process is consistent with the countryâ€™s international obligations and its extant municipal legal regime. (vanguardngr.com)
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) caused a massive uproar in 2011 when he and his Republican allies eliminated collective-bargaining rights for most state employees, most notably public school teachers. (msnbc.com)
Issues at impasse2
- Provides for resolution of collective bargaining issues at impasse between State of Florida & certified bargaining units for state employees pursuant to specified instructions. (flsenate.gov)
- The bill resolves the collective bargaining issues at impasse between the State of Florida and the bargaining representatives for state employees for the 2017-2018 fiscal year that have not been resolved in the General Appropriations Act or other legislation. (flsenate.gov)
- The Iowa Supreme Court has rejected challenges to the constitutionality of the collective bargaining law that the Legislature passed in 2017. (desmoinesregister.com)
- The university and the Ontario Nurses' Association (ONA) Local 67, who represent approximately eight nurses employed at the Queen's Family Health Team, met on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017 to exchange collective bargaining proposals. (queensu.ca)
- Collective bargaining is a constructive forum for addressing working conditions and terms of employment and relations between employers and workers, or their respective organizations. (ilo.org)
- Collective bargaining is a voluntary process used to determine terms and conditions of work and regulate relations between employers, workers and their organisations, leading to the conclusion of a collective agreement. (ilo.org)
- The process of collective bargaining allows the interests of both workers and employers to be voiced, for common interests to be identified, different interests to be balanced against one another and trade-offs to be negotiated. (ilo.org)
- Vísir reports that yesterday, officials from the Confederation of Icelandic Labour Unions (ASÍ) and the Confederation of Icelandic Employers (SA) signed a new collective bargaining agreement, only weeks away from the current one expiring. (grapevine.is)
- Advocates for temporary workers are celebrating a decision by the National Labor Relations Board to broaden the definition of joint employers - a move that could bring many temp workers closer to collective bargaining. (wunc.org)
- According to the definition, collective bargaining implies to an elaborate process by which employers and employees or their accredited representatives engage into discussions aimed at regulating the conditions of work. (essaysprofessors.com)
- Trade unions and employers' associations, collective bargaining, and employee representation at the workplace are the cornerstones of industrial relations systems in many developed countries. (iwh-halle.de)
- Collective bargaining is under threat, owing to the decline in the representativity of workers' and employers' organizations and insufficient coverage across the continent. (itcilo.org)
- Allen Roberts , a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment practice, in the New York office, was quoted in "Expert Q&A: Horizon Multiemployer Pension Plan Issues for Employers Facing Collective Bargaining and Union Organizing. (ebglaw.com)
- Collective bargaining priorities and tactics vary across bargaining units, unions, employers and industries. (ebglaw.com)
- Because of organizing and collective bargaining, there used to be a basic bargain between workers and their employers in this country that when you work hard, you share in the prosperity your work created. (joebiden.com)
- In addition, employers repeatedly interfere with workers' efforts to organize and collectively bargain. (joebiden.com)
- Item 2(a) of the International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work defines the "freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining" as an essential right of workers. (wikipedia.org)
- The Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise Convention, 1948 (C087) and several other conventions specifically protect collective bargaining through the creation of international labour standards that discourage countries from violating workers' rights to associate and collectively bargain. (wikipedia.org)
- Sound collective bargaining benefits both management and workers, and the peace and stability it promotes benefit society more generally. (ilo.org)
- Since both the employer and workers have areas of common interest, the bargaining is not stretched too far, because, then it will be counter productive. (12manage.com)
- After months of protest marches, court hearings, and marathon legislative sessions, Governor Scott Walker's law that rolls back the ability to collectively bargain for many state workers officially takes effect today. (wrn.com)
- The measure, which the governor argued was needed to help the state and local governments get employee costs under control, eliminates most collective bargaining for public employees and requires workers to make greater contributions to their pensions and health benefits. (wrn.com)
- Federal government workers and workers in Ontario's broader public sector are among the key employee groups bargaining next year. (newswire.ca)
- This column argues that an important driver of this phenomenon is the erosion of workers' bargaining power, which induced firms to react to business cycle fluctuations by adjusting the number of workers rather than hours worked per employee. (voxeu.org)
- Protection contracts - the practice of official unions or corrupt lawyers negotiating a union contract without the knowledge of workers - is a common practice endorsed by some companies operating in Mexico in order to limit workers' rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining. (fairlabor.org)
- These contracts tend to exist only on paper, and workers are typically not informed of the agreement and are unaware of their collective bargaining rights. (fairlabor.org)
- Following resolution of disputes with the workers union, which included the signing of a mutually agreed Collective Bargaining Agreement last February, Paxar is "looking forward to the good faith implementation of the collective bargaining agreement," noted FLA President Auret van Heerden, following the signing of the agreement, adding, "We will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that the terms and conditions set out in the agreement are respected. (fairlabor.org)
- Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act, S. 3583, 116th Cong. (govtrack.us)
- The Supreme Court will issue a decision this month that could repeal collective bargaining rights for home-care workers. (jwj.org)
- The NRTW lawsuit started as a specific challenge against Illinois home-care workers' collective bargaining rights, but the case has now expanded to attempt to repeal the right of all public sector home-care workers from banding together and collectively bargain with states over core terms of their employment. (jwj.org)
- Why do home-care workers need collective bargaining rights? (jwj.org)
- Hundreds of thousands of these caregivers have now earned collective bargaining rights, and nearly two million home-care workers finally secured the right to earn a minimum wage and overtime just last year . (jwj.org)
- Why don't all care workers have collective bargaining rights? (jwj.org)
- And since the 1990s, care workers and their unions began mobilizing consumers and other allies to pressure elected officials to raise reimbursement rates and create public authorities that controlled state and federal funding streams and could recognize and bargain with providers' unions. (jwj.org)
- It looks at the challenges that such forms of work are posing in terms of workers organising and collective bargaining, and the responses that unions are taking. (ituc-csi.org)
- Research shows that unions and collective bargaining reduce pay discrepancies between women and men and between communities of color and white workers. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Collective bargaining in the United States leads to more equal pay between men and women and between white workers and workers of color. (americanprogressaction.org)
- 10 In addition, unionized workers have a collective voice to push for policies that further reduce gender and racial wage gaps. (americanprogressaction.org)
- More than 200 sanitation workers in Guangzhou's University Town took to the streets on 26 August, ( see photo below) demanding collective bargaining with their employer, a property services company, whose cleaning contract with the local government is due to expire at the end of the month. (clb.org.hk)
- The workers did not have an enterprise union to represent them so on 23 August they democratically elected 18 of their own representatives, including three treasurers to watch over their collective campaign funds. (clb.org.hk)
- The restrictions stripped most public workers of nearly all their collective bargaining rights. (wislawjournal.com)
- A new Collective Bargaining Agreement for the construction industry was concluded in Croatia on the occasion of the Construction Workers Day on 25 September 2015 and issued on 15 December 2015. (bwint.org)
- The new Collective Bargaining Agreement introduced few innovations in terms of rights and obligations of the workers' health and safety representative, education and training for work, and in particular, working time, breaks and leaves. (bwint.org)
- Collective bargaining agreement between L.E. Cooke Co. and the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO, March 19, 2002 to October 31, 2004 : electronic version. (ucdavis.edu)
- This Collective Bargaining Agreement is by and between L. E. Cooke Co. (hereinafter the "Company") and The United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO (hereinafter the "Union. (ucdavis.edu)
- States have decimated the rights of public sector workers who, unlike private sector workers, do not have federal protections ensuring their freedom to organize and collectively bargain. (joebiden.com)
- Biden is proposing a plan to grow a stronger, more inclusive middle class - the backbone of the American economy - by strengthening public and private sector unions and helping all workers bargain successfully for what they deserve. (joebiden.com)
- Even workers who successfully are able to form a union are later impeded by corporations who bargain in bad faith. (joebiden.com)
- Collective bargaining refers to the negotiation process between an employer and a union comprised of workers to create an agreement that will govern the terms and conditions of the workers' employment. (cornell.edu)
- At a time when the public is becoming more and more disgruntled at the salary and pensions of government employees, Ebenstein - who, as president of the newly formed California Center for Public Policy, recently issued a report on public employee compensation - is set to file a petition with the state to introduce a ballot measure that, if passed, would end collective bargaining for all city, county, and state employees. (independent.com)
- But (there is always a "but"…), second, pension funds also have a problem because unions have abused their collective bargaining rights (CBRs) to force state legislatures into make unsustainable promises for their pensions and health care. (reason.org)
- Partner Jay McElligott spoke at the American Conference Institute's national "ERISA Boot Camp" program on "Collective Bargaining, Pensions and Retiree Medical Benefits" in Philadelphia on Jan. 25, 2011. (mcguirewoods.com)
Unions and collective2
- where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost. (wikipedia.org)
- The Court's opinion made no mention of the good that unions and collective bargaining have done for personal assistants and other direct care aides, nor how improved pay, training, and working conditions for providers reduce turnover and build a workforce that delivers higher quality care . (epi.org)
- Presents collective bargaining data obtained from contracts on file at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 1979. (ebscohost.com)
- This five-day program is designed for those who are responsible for bargaining labor contracts in the private and public sectors. (teamster.org)
- For the trade unions, the development of this agreement is one of the key points for collective bargaining in 1998: the aim is basically to put an end to new temporary employment contracts and to obtain specific commitments to convert temporary contracts into permanent ones at a sector or company level. (europa.eu)
- The players' union and league passed a new collective bargaining agreement that adjusted the players' contracts. (wikipedia.org)
- In a separate development, public service unions have negotiated to ensure that 3000 health researchers on precarious contracts are covered by the main public health collective agreement. (epsu.org)
- A Study of the Relationship between Collective Bargaining Impasse and the Attitudes and Performance of Biology Instructors and Biology Students in Two Urban Community Colleges in Michigan. (ed.gov)
- Reported is a study of the process of bargaining and bargaining impasse to see what relationships exist between the phenomena and faculty and student attitudes toward the process itself, faculty strikes, teaching and learning under such conditions, and affective course goals in biology. (ed.gov)
- All faculty from the impasse and non-impasse conditions were positive in their attitudes toward collective bargaining in terms of the bargaining process, sanction activities and the use of strikes. (ed.gov)
- They differed in their attitude toward bargaining impasse. (ed.gov)
- The parties often refer to the result of the negotiation as a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) or as a collective employment agreement (CEA). (wikipedia.org)
- Designed as a continuum of LR201, Preparation for Collective Bargaining, participants will formulate a negotiation strategy and learn "at-the-table" best practices. (cornell.edu)
- Participants develop negotiation skills by participating in a full-day bargaining simulation. (cornell.edu)
- The negotiation process that resulted in the Tripartite Agreement is permanently reflected in the Board of Collective Bargaining's unique tripartite structure and the agency's highly effective impartial dispute resolution mechanisms. (cornell.edu)
- This paper contributes to collective bargaining research by providing a causal theoretical biological link path between negotiation behaviors and their substantive and relational results. (scirp.org)
- Of course, many developments in negotiation theory make it possible to analyze the bargaining process in relation to the environmental variables that influence it and the results generated by the many interactions at the negociationtable. (scirp.org)
- Therefore, novel explanatory paradigms are needed to create a new impetus in research on negotiation and to provide a better understanding of the primary factors in play during collective bargaining. (scirp.org)
- 2 Wage Forecast for Collective Bargaining in 2016 This publication is available for download at publicentre.esdc.gc.ca. (docplayer.net)
- ACAS (1977) Disclosure of Information to Trade Unions for Collective Bargaining Purposes, Code of Practice 2 , HMSO, London. (springer.com)
- There are many instances where the employees are children, thus, for their protection trade unions and other human rights' groups engage into collective bargaining to combat the child's labor. (essaysprofessors.com)
- The main objective was the confirmation by the local trade unions of a joint venture in order to increase, through collective action, joint bargaining power with regard to working and working conditions. (freakzilla.com)
- This climate likely makes it more difficult to address mundane workplace issues that would normally be dealt with pragmatically at the bargaining table. (newswire.ca)
- Moreover, collective bargaining that occurs above the individual firm level, such as at the industry, regional, or national level, is particularly effective at reducing pay gaps compared with the workplace-level bargaining the current U.S. system encourages. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Unions help change the balance of power in the workplace, while collective bargaining-especially when done above the firm level-provides an opportunity to address explicit and implicit forms of discrimination that can lead to lower pay for women and communities of color. (americanprogressaction.org)
- We identify the workplace correlates of the demise of collective bargaining in Britain and the erosion of sectoral bargaining in Germany, and identify the respective roles of behavioral and compositional change. (ssrn.com)
- Addison, John T. and Bryson, Alex and Teixeira, Paulino and Pahnke, Andre and Bellmann, Lutz, The Extent of Collective Bargaining and Workplace Representation: Transitions between States and Their Determinants - A Comparative Analysis of Germany and Great Britain. (ssrn.com)
- If a majority of employees in a workplace support a union, employing entities have a duty to bargain in good faith . (wikipedia.org)
- Key to this result is the interplay between firm heterogeneity and wage compression under sector-level bargaining. (repec.org)
- Recently, however, there has been renewed interest in the potential of collective bargaining to address rising wealth inequality and poor wage growth. (voxeu.org)
- 1 The base-rate wage is the hourly wage of the lowest paid qualified employees in the bargaining unit as provided by the wage classification scheme in the collective agreement. (docplayer.net)
- The average annual base-rate wage adjustment is the average increase of the base-rate wage over the duration of the collective agreement. (docplayer.net)
- A collective agreement functions as a labour contract between an employer and one or more unions. (wikipedia.org)
- For example, in respect of working time, collective bargaining has been used in some countries to balance worker interests for work/ life balance with employer interests for flexible working time schedules and a reduction in the cost of overtime. (ilo.org)
- The employer thus agrees to negotiate the matter and the bargaining process begins. (12manage.com)
- The underlying force behind the collective action is the assumption - valid enough - that the employees and employer have vital common interests. (12manage.com)
- However, a trend in collective bargaining, and contract and benefit fund administration, for those matters, is that unions and multiemployer defined benefit pension plan trustees are demanding much higher employer contributions to shore-up balances for underfunded multiemployer defined benefit pension plans. (ebglaw.com)
- Therefore, the collective agreement negotiated by the union and your employer will continue to define the terms of your employment and the union will continue to represent you in complaints, contract application, disciplinary assistance or other procedures governed by the collective agreement. (cliobali.com)
- All provisions of the collective agreement between the union and your employer continue to determine your employment. (cliobali.com)
- Ronald Reagan, Labor Day Speech at Liberty State Park, 1980 The right to collectively bargain is recognized through international human rights conventions. (wikipedia.org)
- Two-and-a-half years after mostly sparing police officers and firefighters, Gov. Scott Walker said this week he is open to the idea of limiting their ability to collectively bargain. (msnbc.com)
- A suit filed by the Dane County district attorney asserts changes which strip most ability to collectively bargain from public employees are not valid because Republicans in the legislature violated the open meetings law when passing them. (wrn.com)
- The Maryland Community College Employees Freedom to Collectively Bargain Act of 2021 , sponsored by Del. (marylandmatters.org)
- For example, as a result of collective bargaining, 65 percent of Wisconsin school districts require their teachers to be covered by WEA Trust, a health-insurance company owned by the teachers' union. (nationalreview.com)
- Curtailing collective bargaining would also alter the teacher-certification process, which is almost entirely controlled by the teachers' union. (nationalreview.com)
- There is potential for volatility in public sector bargaining in 2014, because the union movement sees legislative attempts to restrict bargaining rights, intervention in labour disputes, and efforts to overhaul long-standing benefits-such as sick leave-as attacks on public servants,' said Karla Thorpe , Director, Leadership and Human Resources Research. (newswire.ca)
- The predominant way researchers have sought to overcome this difficulty is by using the passage of state "duty-to-bargain (DTB)" laws over time, which mandate that school districts negotiate with elected union representatives in good faith. (edweek.org)
- Influence of union bargaining power on the plans. (ebscohost.com)
- In the suit, NRTW is also asking the Supreme Court to bar other independent care providers, like family child-care providers, from forming a union by arguing that independent providers are independent contractors - and not public service employees - who cannot bargain collectively. (jwj.org)
- Spain's UGT and CC.OO trade union confederations want to put employment at the top of their collective bargaining agenda in 1998. (europa.eu)
- The Spanish trade union confederations, CC.OO and UGT , have recently set out their collective bargaining agendas for 1998, when bargaining will be carried out in an institutional framework that has undergone considerable change over recent years. (europa.eu)
- Because of that, in the Court's view the employees' union and the state don't have a great enough interest in labor stability to enforce a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that requires all covered employees to pay their fair share of the costs of bargaining and enforcing the contract (an agency fee). (epi.org)
- The position you are hired for will determine your bargaining unit/union membership. (monroe.edu)
- The Court in 1977 agreed that public employees could not be forced to join the union but thought it was fair to force them, as a condition of employment, to cover the "administrative costs" of collecting bargaining. (americanexperiment.org)
- Thus, on March 3, 1975, at a meeting of members, the member of the Petitions and Appeals Union decided, in a decision, to register his union in order to protect and preserve the integrity and inviolability of the collective agreement between the Elisco-Elirol Labor Union (NAFLU) and elizalde Steel Consolidated Inc. (freakzilla.com)
- The expiration of and failure to sign a new collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players' union threatened the season. (wikipedia.org)
- While the terms of the collective agreement continue to determine your employment as a non-member, the union may prevent you from participating in internal union matters such as. (cliobali.com)
- The Rugby Union Players' Association (RUPA), Rugby Australia (Rugby AU) and Australia's four Super Rugby teams are pleased to announce the execution of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), following months of robust but productive and private discussions between the parties. (rupa.com.au)
- The JHL public services union says that it will aim for a flat-rate rather than a percentage pay rise in the upcoming bargaining round as a step towards closing the pay gap between the low and high paid. (epsu.org)
- The union bargaining committee has a lot of information to pull together to present to its members,' he said. (yahoo.com)
- The university and the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) Local 452 have reached a tentative collective agreement. (queensu.ca)
- Walker's collective-bargaining changes would help school districts make up the money they will lose from the property-tax cap (around $470 million. (nationalreview.com)
- Without collective bargaining, those districts can save up to $68 million by taking their health-care business to the open market, according to Walker's estimate. (nationalreview.com)
- Garrett: Supreme Court upholds collective bargaining changes State Sen. Julian Garrett represents District 13, which includes Madison and Warren counties, including the cities of Indianola, Norwalk and Winterset. (desmoinesregister.com)
- The program will cover the legal aspects of collective bargaining, the bargaining time line, company research, building membership solidarity, and bargaining table strategies and tactics (including costing, contract language, use of caucuses and sidebars, etc. (teamster.org)
- A special section on table tactics covers roles of the bargaining team, ground rules, and questioning techniques. (ualr.edu)
- By undertaking this training, participants will acquire the skills required for effective engagement in social dialogue and collective bargaining. (itcilo.org)
- First, districts in which teachers' unions engage in collective bargaining tend to be different from those that don't, usually in ways that correlate strongly with student achievement. (edweek.org)
- Countries with greater collective bargaining coverage and collective bargaining that occurs primarily above the firm level tend to have smaller pay gaps than do other countries. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Collective bargaining can take place at company level, at sectoral or sectoral level, as well as at national or central level. (freakzilla.com)
- In June 2007 the Supreme Court of Canada extensively reviewed the rationale for regarding collective bargaining as a human right. (wikipedia.org)
- Provide worker representatives with appropriate facilities to assist in the development of effective collective agreement. (ilo.org)
Benefits of collective2
- A High Level Tripartite Meeting in 2009 identified numerous important benefits of collective bargaining. (ilo.org)
- It also assesses the potential socio-economic benefits of collective bargaining, and the various organisational structures, including agricultural co-operatives, that could support it more effectively in Australia. (edu.au)
Unionization and collective1
- And the majority opinion foretells even greater damage for public employee unionization and collective bargaining when the Court revisits these issues again. (epi.org)
- We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do. (aft.org)
- The meaning, purpose and relevance of collective bargaining as an effective tool of harmonious labour relation have been subjects of extensive discussion since the first comprehensive international instrument on collective bargaining came into being in 1948. (vanguardngr.com)
- Article 2 of The Right to Organise and Collective Bargaining Convention of 1948 which defines collective bargaining is virtually replicated in the Trade Disputes Act of Nigeria. (vanguardngr.com)
- Freedom of association and the exercise of collective bargaining provide opportunities for constructive rather than confrontational dialogue, and this harnesses energy to focus on solutions that result in benefits to the enterprise, its stakeholders, and society at large. (ilo.org)
- We compare labor market outcomes under firm-level and sector-level bargaining in a one-sector Mortensen-Pissarides economy with firm-specific productivity shocks. (repec.org)
- We cannot just compare student outcomes across schools with different collective bargaining behavior. (edweek.org)
- Provided that passage of DTB laws is uncorrelated with changes in student characteristics, examining how outcomes change across students who were differentially exposed to these laws provides a way to estimate the causal effect of collective bargaining on student outcomes. (edweek.org)
- That said, comparatively little is known in any detail of the changing pattern of the institutions of collective bargaining and worker representation in Germany and still less in both countries about firm transitions between these institutions over time. (ssrn.com)
- Republican governors and state legislatures across the country have advanced anti-worker legislation to undercut the labor movement and collective bargaining. (joebiden.com)
- A new report, "Advancing High-Quality Professional Learning Through Collective Bargaining and State Policy," calls for more collaboration and a common set of standards for developing policy on professional development for teachers. (nea.org)
- Then, just as Republicans faced the possibility of adding the collective bargaining language to the state budget, a divided court issued a majority opinion overturning Sumi's ruling and clearing the way for the bill to become law. (wrn.com)
- Will controversial changes to collective bargaining end up in the state budget? (wrn.com)
- Online PR News - 09-March-2013 - March 7, 2013 St. Paul /MN - St. Paul, MN Earlier this evening March 7, 2013, legislation authorizing home-based child care providers to bargain collectively with the State of Minnesota was passed in the Early Childhood and Youth Development Committee. (onlineprnews.com)
- Article discusses confusion as to whether state or federal labor relations boards may decide the collective bargaining rights of housestaff in non-profit hospitals. (fordham.edu)
- State legislation governing collective bargaining representative. (house.gov)
- Question: Why is it important for parties in the labour relationship to negotiate an agreement as part of the process of collective bargaining? (ilo.org)
- What is the role of the chair person in any collective bargaining process? (12manage.com)
- Nevertheless, even if we now better understand the bargaining "relation," we feel there is still much more to be understood and it seems that social psychology alone might not be able to reach the bottom of the decision-making process underlying collective bargaining. (scirp.org)
- The university values the contributions of its many employees and is pleased the parties were able to reach a ratified agreement through the collective bargaining process. (queensu.ca)
- The university values the contributions of its many employees across all unionized groups and is fully committed to the collective bargaining process. (queensu.ca)
- The university and the Ontario Nurses' Association, Local 67, have entered into conciliation as part of the collective bargaining process. (queensu.ca)
- Preparation for Collective Bargaining (LR201) is a required prerequisite and must be completed prior to taking Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Strategies (LR203). (cornell.edu)
- This column presents an OECD report on collective bargaining institutions and practices across member countries and selected emerging economies. (voxeu.org)
Result of collective1
- The result of collective. (cornell.edu)
- abstract = "This study provides the first comprehensive analysis of collective bargaining in Australian agriculture since the enactment of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). (edu.au)
- But to increase their bargaining power to get better terms, employees organize labor unions for collective bargaining . (wikipedia.org)
- And while that may be mildly comforting to firefighters who want to keep their collective-bargaining rights, it doesn't change the fact that the Republican governor has an opportunity to take those rights away, and he's clearly interested in doing just that. (msnbc.com)
- Do you support collective bargaining for Colorado firefighters? (csindy.com)
International Labour Organ2
- Collective bargaining and the promotion of equality : the case of the United Kingdom ," ILO Working Papers 992966393402676, International Labour Organization. (repec.org)
- A section from the report "Official Bulletin: Series B: Truth, Reconciliation and Justice in Zimbabwe" is presented, concerning other allegations received by the Commission on Inquiry of the International Labour Organization (ILO) on governmental interference collective bargaining and social. (ebscohost.com)
- What's more likely is that, as has happened in Virginia, where teachers have had essentially no collective bargaining rights for more than 20 years, teachers, administrators and school boards will find other ways to work together and negotiate things like benefits and teacher development. (slate.com)
- Collective bargaining reduces gender and racial pay gaps for several reasons. (americanprogressaction.org)
- Although more than half of the college's faculty is made up of adjunct professors, they do not have employee benefits or collective bargaining rights. (marylandmatters.org)
- The report contains recommendations and examples of legislation, regulations, administrative guidelines, and collective bargaining language in 12 policy areas. (nea.org)
- In 1979, in a memorandum to the Royal Commission on the Health Service, ACAS drew attention to problems in the development of appropriate local collective bargaining machinery in the NHS. (springer.com)
- A bill to provide that certain Executive orders and Presidential memorandum with respect to Federal employee collective bargaining shall have no force or effect, and for other purposes. (govtrack.us)
- Collective bargaining allows the parties to tailor a collective agreement governing the employment relationship to their particular industry or enterprise. (ilo.org)
- Very cooperative, conciliatory bargaining that focuses primarily on reaching an agreement and on not making the other side ups. (12manage.com)
- This Issue Brief focuses on the obstacles to gender equality at work and how collective bargaining can be used as an effective tool to overcome these challenges. (ilo.org)
- Discusses how the U.S. Major League Baseball lawyers had negotiated a collective-bargaining agreement without a work stoppage in 2002. (ebscohost.com)
- Third, collective bargaining can and should be designed to secure work-life supports such as paid leave policies, the lack of which can contribute to the gender pay gap. (americanprogressaction.org)