A metalloproteinase which degrades helical regions of native collagen to small fragments. Preferred cleavage is -Gly in the sequence -Pro-Xaa-Gly-Pro-. Six forms (or 2 classes) have been isolated from Clostridium histolyticum that are immunologically cross-reactive but possess different sequences and different specificities. Other variants have been isolated from Bacillus cereus, Empedobacter collagenolyticum, Pseudomonas marinoglutinosa, and species of Vibrio and Streptomyces. EC 18.104.22.168.
Matrix Metalloproteinase 8
Matrix Metalloproteinase 13
Matrix Metalloproteinase 1
Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors
Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinases
Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase-2
A member of the family of TISSUE INHIBITOR OF METALLOPROTEINASES. It is a 21-kDa nonglycosylated protein found in tissue fluid and is secreted as a complex with progelatinase A by human fibroblast and uncomplexed from alveolar macrophages. An overexpression of TIMP-2 has been shown to inhibit invasive and metastatic activity of tumor cells and decrease tumor growth in vivo.
Matrix Metalloproteinase 9
Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase-1
Matrix Metalloproteinase 3
Matrix Metalloproteinase 2
Matrix Metalloproteinases, Membrane-Associated
Formed from pig pepsinogen by cleavage of one peptide bond. The enzyme is a single polypeptide chain and is inhibited by methyl 2-diaazoacetamidohexanoate. It cleaves peptides preferentially at the carbonyl linkages of phenylalanine or leucine and acts as the principal digestive enzyme of gastric juice.
Amino Acid Sequence
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Gene Expression Regulation, Enzymologic
Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
An immunoassay utilizing an antibody labeled with an enzyme marker such as horseradish peroxidase. While either the enzyme or the antibody is bound to an immunosorbent substrate, they both retain their biologic activity; the change in enzyme activity as a result of the enzyme-antibody-antigen reaction is proportional to the concentration of the antigen and can be measured spectrophotometrically or with the naked eye. Many variations of the method have been developed.
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.
Collagen Type XI
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Sequence Analysis, Protein
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Bone resorption induced by parathyroid hormone is strikingly diminished in collagenase-resistant mutant mice. (1/1761)Parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates bone resorption by acting directly on osteoblasts/stromal cells and then indirectly to increase differentiation and function of osteoclasts. PTH acting on osteoblasts/stromal cells increases collagenase gene transcription and synthesis. To assess the role of collagenase in the bone resorptive actions of PTH, we used mice homozygous (r/r) for a targeted mutation (r) in Col1a1 that are resistant to collagenase cleavage of type I collagen. Human PTH(1-34) was injected subcutaneously over the hemicalvariae in wild-type (+/+) or r/r mice four times daily for three days. Osteoclast numbers, the size of the bone marrow spaces and periosteal proliferation were increased in calvariae from PTH-treated +/+ mice, whereas in r/r mice, PTH-induced bone resorption responses were minimal. The r/r mice were not resistant to other skeletal effects of PTH because abundant interstitial collagenase mRNA was detected in the calvarial periosteum of PTH-treated, but not vehicle-treated, r/r and +/+ mice. Calcemic responses, 0.5-10 hours after intraperitoneal injection of PTH, were blunted in r/r mice versus +/+ mice. Thus, collagenase cleavage of type I collagen is necessary for PTH induction of osteoclastic bone resorption. (+info)
Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 by UV irradiation is inhibited by wortmannin without affecting c-iun expression. (2/1761)Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinases (JNKs)/stress-activated protein kinases is an early response of cells upon exposure to DNA-damaging agents. JNK-mediated phosphorylation of c-Jun is currently understood to stimulate the transactivating potency of AP-1 (e.g., c-Jun/c-Fos; c-Jun/ATF-2), thereby increasing the expression of AP-1 target genes. Here we show that stimulation of JNK1 activity is not a general early response of cells exposed to genotoxic agents. Treatment of NIH 3T3 cells with UV light (UV-C) as well as with methyl methanesulfonate (MMS) caused activation of JNK1 and an increase in c-Jun protein and AP-1 binding activity, whereas antineoplastic drugs such as mafosfamide, mitomycin C, N-hydroxyethyl-N-chloroethylnitrosourea, and treosulfan did not elicit this response. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin specifically blocked the UV-stimulated activation of JNK1 but did not affect UV-driven activation of extracellular regulated kinase 2 (ERK2). To investigate the significance of JNK1 for transactivation of c-jun, we analyzed the effect of UV irradiation on c-jun expression under conditions of wortmannin-mediated inhibition of UV-induced stimulation of JNK1. Neither the UV-induced increase in c-jun mRNA, c-Jun protein, and AP-1 binding nor the activation of the collagenase and c-jun promoters was affected by wortmannin. In contrast, the mitogen-activated protein kinase/ERK kinase inhibitor PD98056, which blocked ERK2 but not JNK1 activation by UV irradiation, impaired UV-driven c-Jun protein induction and AP-1 binding. Based on the data, we suggest that JNK1 stimulation is not essential for transactivation of c-jun after UV exposure, whereas activation of ERK2 is required for UV-induced signaling leading to elevated c-jun expression. (+info)
Recruitment of the retinoblastoma protein to c-Jun enhances transcription activity mediated through the AP-1 binding site. (3/1761)The retinoblastoma susceptibility gene product (RB) is a transcriptional modulator. One of the targets for this modulator effect is the AP-1 binding site within the c-jun and collagenase promoters. The physical interactions between RB and c-Jun were demonstrated by co-immunoprecipitation of these two proteins using anti-c-Jun or anti-RB antisera, glutathione S-transferase affinity matrix binding assays in vitro, and electrophoretic mobility shift assays. The C-terminal site of the leucine zipper of c-Jun mediated the interaction with RB. Although the B-pocket domain of RB alone bound to c-Jun, a second c-Jun binding site in the RB was also suggested. Mammalian two-hybrid-based assay provided corroborative evidence that transactivation of gene expression by RB required the C-terminal region of c-Jun. We conclude that RB enhances transcription activity mediated through the AP-1 binding site. Adenovirus E1A or human papillomavirus E7 inhibits RB-mediated transcription activity. These data reveal that the interactions between these two distinct classes of oncoproteins RB and c-Jun may be involved in controlling cell growth and differentiation mediated by transcriptional regulation. (+info)
Murine matrix metalloproteinase 9 gene. 5'-upstream region contains cis-acting elements for expression in osteoclasts and migrating keratinocytes in transgenic mice. (4/1761)Knowledge about the regulation of cell lineage-specific expression of extracellular matrix metalloproteinases is limited. In the present work, the murine matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) gene was shown to contain 13 exons, and the 2.8-kilobase pair upstream region was found to contain several common promoter elements including a TATA box-like motif, three GC boxes, four AP-1-like binding sites, an AP-2 site, and three PEA3 consensus sequences that may be important for basic activity of the gene. In order to identify cell-specific regulatory elements, constructs containing varying lengths of the upstream region in front of a LacZ reporter gene were made and studied for expression in transgenic mice generated by microinjection into fertilized oocytes. Analyses of the mice revealed that the presence of sequences between -2722 and -7745 allowed for expression in osteoclasts and migrating keratinocytes, i. e. cells that have been shown to normally express the enzyme in vivo. The results represent the first in vivo demonstration of the location of cell-specific control elements in a matrix metalloproteinase gene and show that element(s) regulating most cell-specific activities of 92-kDa type collagenase are located in the -2722 to -7745 base pair region. (+info)
Expression and tissue localization of membrane-type 1, 2, and 3 matrix metalloproteinases in human astrocytic tumors. (5/1761)Three different membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases (MT1-, MT2-, and MT3-MMPs) are known to activate in vitro the zymogen of MMP-2 (pro-MMP-2, progelatinase A), which is one of the key MMPs in invasion and metastasis of various cancers. In the present study, we have examined production and activation of pro-MMP-2, expression of MT1-, MT2-, and MT3-MMPs and their correlation with pro-MMP-2 activation, and localization of MMP-2, MT1-MMP, and MT2-MMP in human astrocytic tumors. The sandwich enzyme immunoassay demonstrates that the production levels of pro-MMP-2 in the anaplastic astrocytomas and glioblastomas are significantly higher than that in the low-grade astrocytomas (P<0.05 and P<0.01, respectively), metastatic brain tumors (P<0.05), or normal brains (P<0.01). Gelatin zymography indicates that the pro-MMP-2 activation ratio is significantly higher in the glioblastomas than in other astrocytic tumors (P<0.01), metastatic brain tumors (P<0.01), and normal brains (P<0.01). The quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction analyses demonstrate that MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP are expressed predominantly in glioblastoma tissues (17/17 and 12/17 cases, respectively), and their expression levels increase significantly as tumor grade increases. MT3-MMP is detectable in both astrocytic tumor and normal brain tissues, but the mean expression level is approximately 50-fold lower compared with that of MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP in the glioblastomas. The activation ratio of pro-MMP-2 correlates directly with the expression levels of MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP but not MT3-MMP. In situ hybridization indicates that neoplastic astrocytes express MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP in the glioblastoma tissues (5/5 cases and 5/5 cases, respectively). Immunohistochemically, MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP are localized to the neoplastic astrocytes in glioblastoma samples (17/17 cases and 12/17 cases, respectively), which are also positive for MMP-2. In situ zymography shows gelatinolytic activity in the glioblastoma tissues but not in the normal brain tissues. These results suggest that both MT1-MMP and MT2-MMP play a key role in the activation of pro-MMP-2 in the human malignant astrocytic tumors and that the gelatinolytic activity is involved in the astrocytic tumor invasion. (+info)
Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) is expressed by tumor cells in invasive vulvar squamous cell carcinomas. (6/1761)Collagenase-3 (MMP-13) is a human matrix metalloproteinase specifically expressed by invading tumor cells in squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) of the head and neck. Here, we have further elucidated the role of MMP-13 in tumor invasion by examining its expression in invasive malignant tumors of the female genital tract. Using in situ hybridization, expression of MMP-13 mRNA was detected in 9 of 12 vulvar SCCs, primarily in tumor cells, but not in intact vulvar epithelium, in cervical SCCs (n = 12), or in endometrial (n = 11) or ovarian adenocarcinomas (n = 8). MMP-13 expression was especially abundant in vulvar carcinomas showing metastasis to lymph nodes and was associated with expression of membrane type 1 MMP by tumor cells and gelatinase-A (MMP-2) by stromal cells, as detected by immunohistochemistry. MMP-13 mRNAs were detected in 9 of 11 cell lines established from vulvar carcinomas and in 4 of 6 cell lines from cervical carcinomas, whereas endometrial (n = 10) and ovarian (n = 9) carcinoma cell lines were negative for MMP-13 mRNA. No correlation was detected between MMP-13 expression and p53 gene mutations in vulvar SCC cell lines. However, MMP-13 expression was detected in 5 of 6 vulvar and cervical SCC cell lines harboring HPV 16 or 68 DNA. These results show that MMP-13 is specifically expressed by malignantly transformed squamous epithelial cells, including vulvar SCC cells, and appears to serve as a marker for their invasive capacity. (+info)
Oxidized low-density lipoprotein regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 and its tissue inhibitor in human monocyte-derived macrophages. (7/1761)BACKGROUND: Macrophages in human atherosclerotic plaques produce a family of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), which may influence vascular remodeling and plaque disruption. Because oxidized LDL (ox-LDL) is implicated in many proatherogenic events, we hypothesized that ox-LDL would regulate expression of MMP-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in monocyte-derived macrophages. MWRHOSA AND RESULTS: Mononuclear cells were isolated from normal human subjects with Ficoll-Paque density gradient centrifugation, and adherent cells were allowed to differentiate into macrophages during 7 days of culture in plastic dishes. On day 7, by use of serum-free medium, the macrophages were incubated with various concentrations of native LDL (n-LDL) and copper-oxidized LDL. Exposure to ox-LDL (10 to 50 microg/mL) increased MMP-9 mRNA expression as analyzed by Northern blot, protein expression as measured by ELISA and Western blot, and gelatinolytic activity as determined by zymography. The increase in MMP-9 expression was associated with increased nuclear binding of transcription factor NF-kappaB and AP-1 complex on electromobility shift assay. In contrast, ox-LDL (10 to 50 microg/mL) decreased TIMP-1 expression. Ox-LDL-induced increase in MMP-9 expression was abrogated by HDL (100 microg/mL). n-LDL had no significant effect on MMP-9 or TIMP-1 expression. CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that unlike n-LDL, ox-LDL upregulates MMP-9 expression while reducing TIMP-1 expression in monocyte-derived macrophages. Furthermore, HDL abrogates ox-LDL-induced MMP-9 expression. Thus, ox-LDL may contribute to macrophage-mediated matrix breakdown in the atherosclerotic plaques, thereby predisposing them to plaque disruption and/or vascular remodeling. (+info)
The matrix metalloproteinase-9 regulates the insulin-like growth factor-triggered autocrine response in DU-145 carcinoma cells. (8/1761)The androgen-independent human prostate adenocarcinoma cell line DU-145 proliferates in serum-free medium and produces insulin-like growth factors (IGF)-I, IGF-II, and the IGF type-1 receptor (IGF-1R). They also secrete three IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP), IGFBP-2, -3, and -4. Of these, immunoblot analysis revealed selective proteolysis of IGFBP-3, yielding fragments of 31 and 19 kDa. By using an anti-IGF-I-specific monoclonal antibody (mAb), we detect surface receptor-bound IGF-I on serum-starved DU-145 cells, which activates IGF-1R and triggers a mitogenic signal. Incubation of DU-145 cells with blocking anti-IGF-I, anti-IGF-II, or anti-IGF-I plus anti-IGF-II mAb does not, however, inhibit serum-free growth of DU-145. Conversely, anti-IGF-1R mAb and IGFBP-3 inhibit DNA synthesis. IGFBP-3 also modifies the DU-145 cell cycle, decreases p34(cdc2) levels, and IGF-1R autophosphorylation. The antiproliferative IGFBP-3 activity is not IGF-independent, since des-(1-3)IGF-I, which does not bind to IGFBP-3, reverses its inhibitory effect. DU-145 also secretes the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9, which can be detected in both a soluble and a membrane-bound form. Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors, but not serpins, abrogate DNA synthesis in DU-145 associated with the blocking of IGFBP-3 proteolysis. Overexpression of an antisense cDNA for MMP-9 inhibits 80% of DU-145 cell proliferation that can be reversed by IGF-I in a dose-dependent manner. Inhibition of MMP-9 expression is also associated with a decrease in IGFBP-3 proteolysis and with reduced signaling through the IGF-1R. Our data indicate an IGF autocrine loop operating in DU-145 cells, specifically modulated by IGFBP-3, whose activity may in turn be regulated by IGFBP-3 proteases such as MMP-9. (+info)
Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 22.214.171.124), Pipeline...
Table of Contents. Table of Contents 2. List of Tables 5. List of Figures 5. Introduction 6. Global Markets Direct Report Coverage 6. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 126.96.36.199) Overview 7. Therapeutics Development 8. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 188.8.131.52)-Products under Development by Stage of Development 8. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 184.108.40.206)-Products under Development by Therapy Area 9. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 220.127.116.11)-Products under Development by Indication 10. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (Gelatinase B or 92 kDa Type IV Collagenase or 92 kDa Gelatinase or MMP9 or EC 18.104.22.168)-Pipeline Products Glance 12. Late Stage Products 12. Early Stage Products 13. Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 ...
Interlamellar cohesion after collagenase type II exposure in rabbit cornea | IOVS | ARVO Journals
Purpose: Collagenase could be considered as a method for generating animal model of keratoconus. The authors aimed to evaluate the impact of collagenase on the interlamellar cohesive force of rabbit corneas.. Methods: 20 post mortem New Zealand white rabbit corneas were divided into 4 groups: group 1(15 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5), group 2(10 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5),group 3(5 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5) and group 4(the control group,15% dextran, N=5). After removing epithelium and measuring the corneal thickness, 9*4mm corneal strips were incised and interlamellar cohesive force at 50% depth of stroma was measured with a microcomputer-controlled biomaterial testing machine.. Results: The mean interlamellar cohesive force of group 1，group 2,group 3 and group 4 was 0.225 N/mm,0.217 N/mm,0.199 N/mm,and 0.211 N/mm respectively; without statistically significant differences. Light microscopy showed stromal tissue became less tight ...
topic:Immunohistochemistry found 8 records • Arctic Health
BACKGROUND: 72 Kilodalton (kd) type IV collagenase is a matrix metalloproteinase that specifically cleaves type IV collagen molecules. The enzyme has been postulated to have an important role in the invasion and spread of malignant tumors. EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: In situ hybridization was used to study the expression of the 72 kd type IV collagenase mRNA in 24 benign, 2 semimalignant, and 15 malignant ovarian tumors and in 5 metastases of ovarian serous adenocarcinomas. The results were correlated with the expression of the mRNA for the alpha 1(IV) chain of type IV collagen and with the corresponding immunohistochemical distribution of the enzyme. RESULTS: The results showed that the more malignant an ovarian tumor was, the more clearly mRNA expressions for both 72 kd type IV collagenase and the alpha 1(IV) chain could be detected in tumor cells. The expression of both types of mRNAs was localized within the cells of tumor stroma and occurred mainly in fibroblasts and vascular endothelial cells. ...
Gentaur Molecular :Biochro \ Collagenase type IV, CLS IV \ C 4-28
Gentaur molecular products has all kinds of products like :search , Biochro \ Collagenase type IV, CLS IV \ C 4-28 for more molecular products just contact us
Gentaur Molecular :Biochro \ Collagenase type III, CLS III \ C 3-22
Gentaur molecular products has all kinds of products like :search , Biochro \ Collagenase type III, CLS III \ C 3-22 for more molecular products just contact us
Elucidating the function of non catalytic domains of collagenases and aggrecanases.
Metalloproteinases that degrade extracellular matrix molecules play important roles in development and progression of various diseases. Among them, collagenases are unique as they have an ability to degrade triple helical interstitial collagens into 3/4 and 1/4 fragments, a crucial step for collagenolysis in the tissue. Collagenases, consisting of a catalytic domain and a hemopexin domain, requires both domains for collagenolysis. The enzymes unwind triple helical collagen before they hydrolyze the peptide bonds. Aggrecanases are also multidomain metalloproteinases belonging to the ADAMTS family, and the noncatalytic ancillary domains also play an important role in recognition of aggrecan and their activities. Attenuation of collagenase and aggrecanase activities will be achieved by inhibitors or antibodies that interact directly with those noncatalytic ancillary domains (exosite inhibitors). Such molecules will be attractive for therapy as they will be highly selective because they are based on the
Truncated active matrix metalloproteinase-8 gene expression in HepG2 cells is active against native type I collagen
We show that a truncated neutrophil collagenase (tMMP-8) lacking a portion of the carboxy terminus and with an intact aminoterminus (latent; l-tMMP-8) or a truncated amino terminus (active; a-tMMP-8) has enzymatic activity against native type I collagen, and the activity was inhibited by EDTA, 1,10- …
Antitumor effect of pingyangmycin in combination with monoclonal antibody 3G11 directed against type IV collagenase<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Antitumor effect of pingyangmycin in combination with monoclonal antibody 3G11 directed against type IV collagenase. AU - Liu, Xiu Jun. AU - Ouyang, Zhi Gang. AU - Dai, Yao. AU - Liu, Xiao Yun. AU - Zhen, Yong Su. PY - 2007/2. Y1 - 2007/2. N2 - Objective: To study the antitumor effects of the combination of pingyangmycin (PYM) and monoclonal antibody(mAb) 3G11 directed against type IV collagenase. Methods: Immunoreactivity of mAb 3G11 to type IV collagenase and various tumor cells was determined by ELISA and the cytotoxicity of PYM and PYM plus 3G11 was examined by MTT assay. Antitumor effects in vivo were evaluated by using subcutaneously transplanted hepatoma 22 tumor model in mice. Results: mAb 3G11 showed immunoreactivity to type IV collagenase, mouse hepatoma 22 (H22) cells, human hepatoma HepG2 cells, and human prostatic carcinoma DU145 cells. As compared with free PYM, PYM plus 3G11 showed stronger cytotoxicity to these tumor cells. Synergetic effect was found at a certain ...
72 kDa Type IV Collagenase Pipeline Review H2 2017
72 kDa Type IV Collagenase (Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 or Gelatinase A or Neutrophil Gelatinase or 72 kDa Gelatinase or TBE 1 or MMP2 or EC 22.214.171.124) - Pipeline Review, H2 2017 with 46 pages available at USD 3500 for single User PDF at ReportsWeb research database.
Genetically Determined Resistance to Collagenase Action Augments Interstitial Collagen Accumulation in Atherosclerotic Plaques ...
We previously advanced the hypothesis that a highly regulated balance of synthesis and degradation determines collagen content in the fibrous cap of atherosclerotic plaques.1,2 In turn, collagen levels critically influence the integrity of the plaques cap, a structure whose biomechanical failure may cause most myocardial infarctions. Earlier indirect evidence suggested that collagenases of the MMP family can regulate collagen content in the plaque.5-12 We initially demonstrated overexpression of the prototypical interstitial collagenase MMP-1 in human atheromata5 and later showed colocalization of MMP-1/collagenase-1 and MMP-13/collagenase-3 with degraded collagen in these lesions as detected by an antibody specific for the collagenase cleavage site of collagen.9 Recently, our group showed that human atheromata contain a third interstitial collagenase, MMP-8/collagenase-2,11 also present in mouse atheromata, as shown here (Figure 2C). Shah et al32 reported that conditioned media of cultured ...
RCSB PDB - 1FLS: SOLUTION STRUCTURE OF THE CATALYTIC FRAGMENT OF HUMAN COLLAGENASE-3 (MMP-13) COMPLEXED WITH A...
1FLS: High-resolution solution structure of the catalytic fragment of human collagenase-3 (MMP-13) complexed with a hydroxamic acid inhibitor.
RCSB PDB - 1FM1: SOLUTION STRUCTURE OF THE CATALYTIC FRAGMENT OF HUMAN COLLAGENASE-3 (MMP-13) COMPLEXED WITH A...
1FM1: High-resolution solution structure of the catalytic fragment of human collagenase-3 (MMP-13) complexed with a hydroxamic acid inhibitor.
Using quantitative zymography, we measured activity of the type IV collagenases metalloprotease 2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9 in 192 biopsies from colorectal carcinomas, adenomas, and normal bowel. The median level of MMP-9 in samples from Dukes stage A (n = 18) or C (n = 48) tumors was significantly higher than in stage B carcinomas (n = 65), adenomas (n = 25), and normals (n = 36; P = 0.0001). The median level of active MMP-2 was significantly higher in stage A or C compared with adenomas (P = 0.0001) and normals (P = 0.0001). The median level of inactive MMP-2 was higher in all Dukes stages compared with normals and adenomas (P = 0.0001). There was a significant increase in inactive MMP-2 from Jass prognostic groups I-IV (P = 0.006) but no correlation with the active enzyme. MMP activity was not related to tumor differentiation, colon versus rectal location, or disease-free, 5-year survival. All groups expressed mRNA for both enzymes, but there were quantitative and locational differences in MMP-2 ...
Collagen-Fluorescein bovine collagenase substrate | Sigma-Aldrich
Collagen-Fluorescein bovine (collagenase substrate); Suitable for use as substrate for determination of collagenase activity by quantitative fluorescent assay of lysed collagen;
PROMATRIX 6000 by Dynacord
BEST-IN-CLASS Thanks to its powerful range of features, PROMATRIX 6000 not only answers an extremely wide variety of application requirements, it also delivers best-in-class performance in quality, ease of installation and versatility. At the same time it minimizes operational costs thanks to low energy consumption and fewer batteries. IP NETWORKING FOR LARGER APPLICATIONS Equipped with the optional Dante network interface module (OM-1), it is possible to create a 16-channel Dante audio network between the controllers. This not only improves the size, the IP networking architecture allows users to create network topologies for larger areas via up to four decentralized controllers. This also means less cabling using standard Ethernet connections and components - a big cost-saving factor for bigger applications. In addition, the audio network path provides redundant channels for safety purposes - in case of an emergency these channels will always work for evacuation signals, even if a controller
[Video] Subculture of hESCs by Collagenase IV: post #1
[Video] Subculture of hESCs by Collagenase IV - posted in Stem Cell: Name: Subculture of hESCs by Collagenase IV Category: Stem CellsDate Added: 24 July 2013 - 10:23 PMSubmitter: bioforumShort Description: None ProvidedView Video
Worthington Collagenase Vial, NCIS [WLK003245-5VI] - $177.84 Equl offers Enzyme Assay Kits, Reagent Mixtures, Enzymes,...
Worthington Collagenase Vial, NCIS [WLK003245-5VI] - UNSPSC Code(s):12352204≥500 units per mg dry weightA component of the NCIS kit. This material is 0.22 micron membrane filtered and lyophilized in autoclaved vials. A vial reconstituted with 5 ml of HBSS or equivalent yields a solution of 300 units/ml of collagenase, Code: CLSPA. Suitable for cell
KEGG ENZYME: 126.96.36.199
This enzyme is synthesized as a proenzyme of 53 kDa that is converted to an active form of 22 kDa. cDNA sequences have been obtained for the mouse  and human  enzymes. In peptidase family M10 (interstitial collagenase family ...
Neutrophil collagenase - Wikipedia
Neutrophil collagenase (EC 188.8.131.52, matrix metalloproteinase 8, PMNL collagenase, MMP-8) is an enzyme. This enzyme catalyses the following chemical reaction Cleavage of interstitial collagens in the triple helical domain. Unlike EC 184.108.40.206, interstitial collagenase, this enzyme cleaves type III collagen more slowly than type I This enzyme belongs to the peptidase family M10. Collagenase Hasty, K. (1987). A., Jeffrey, J. J., Hibbs, M. S. and Welgus, H. G. The collagen substrate specificity of human neutrophil collagenase. J. Biol. Chem. 262 (21): 10048-10052. PMID 3038863. Hasty, K. (1990). A., Pourmotabbed, T. F., Goldberg, G. I., Thompson, J. P., Spinella, D. G., Stevens, R. M. and Mainardi, C. L. Human Neutrophil Collagenase. A distinct gene product with homology to other matrix metalloproteinases. J. Biol. Chem. 265 (20): 11421-11424. PMID 2164002. Knäuper, V.; Krämer, S.; Reinke, H.; Tschesche, H. (1990). Characterization and activation of procollagenase from human ...
IN-VIVO INHIBITION OF HUMAN NEUTROPHIL COLLAGENASE (MMP-8) ACTIVITY DURING LONG-TERM COMBINATION THERAPY OF DOXYCYCLINE AND...
We studied the in vivo effect of long-term doxycycline treatment combined with NSAID on human interstitial collagenases, other matrix metalloproteinases, serine proteinases, tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-l (TIMP-1) and lactoferrin from saliva and serum during the course of acute reactive arthritis (ReA). Collagenase activity and serine proteases (elastase-like, cathepsin G-like and trypsin-like activities) of saliva (n = 10) and gelatinase, lactoferrin and TIMP-1 of saliva (E = 10) and serum (n = 10) samples before and after 2 months doxycycline treatment, combined with NSAID, were studied by quantitative SDS-PAGE assay, ELISA assay and by spectrophotometric assay. The cellular source and molecular forms of salivary collagenase were characterized by immunoblotting using specific antisera. We found that activities of total and endogenously active interstitial collagenase reduced significantly. The salivary collagenase was found to originate from neutrophils. No fragmentation of ...
Differential Regulation of Collagenase Gene Expression by Retinoic Aci by Luying Pan, Stephen H. Chamberlain et al.
The mechanisms involved in retinoic acid (RA)-mediated regulation of the collagenase gene in a rabbit synovial fibroblast cell line (HIG82) were investigated. When HIG82 cells are cotransfected with expression vectors containing cDNAs for retinoic acid receptor (RAR) α1, β2, or γ1 and collagenase promoter-driven CAT reporter constructs, only RAR-γ1 represses basal CAT expression upon RA treatment, while RAR-α1, β2, and γ1 all suppress phorbol-induced CAT expression. Thus, transcriptional regulation of collagenase by RA is mediated by RARs in an RAR-type specific manner. Using mutatlonal and deletional analysis, we find that interaction between elements within 182 bp collagenase promoter plays an important role in this process. In addition, cotreatment with RA results in a decrease of phorbol-induced mRNA levels of fos and jun, and binding of nuclear proteins to an AP-1 oligonucleotide. Furthermore, RA-induced nuclear protein(s) specifically bind to a 22 bp sequence (−182 to −161) of the
Differences in the degradation of native collagen by two microbial collagenases | Biochemical Journal
The early stages of degradation of native collagen by two bacterial collagenases were studied by electron microscopy and by automatic Edman degradation. The purified collagenase from Clostridium histolyticum was shown to cleave native collagen at several sites, but not progressively from the N-terminus, as had been previously suggested. The homogeneous collagenase from Achromobacter iophagus cleaves native collagen preferentially at two sites corresponding to the interbands 33-34 and 41-42. The latter lies within the region cleaved by the eukaryotic collagenases. ...
Scientific Protocols - Immortalization of adult human colonic epithelial cells extracted from normal tissues obtained via...
Reagent Set-up:. Solution A To make one liter: Add to 700 ml of DI water 71.48 gm of Hepes, 10 ml of Phenol Red (1.75mg/ml), Sodium Hydroxide to bring to pH of 7.0, 7.2 gm of glucose, 2.24 gm of potassium chloride, 71.28 gm of sodium chloride, and 1.42 gm of sodium phosphate. pH again to 7.5 then add 300 ml of DI water to complete volume to 1 liter. Sterile filter (22 micron filter) and keep in 4C.. Digestion enzyme stocks Make 10x stocks of collagenase type 1 and 100x stocks of dispase. For collagenase type 1, add 13,659 U to 9.1 ml of X media (final concentration= 1500U/ml). For dispase, add 5mg to 1.25 ml of X media (final concentration= 4mg/ml). Stocks can be stored for up to 2 weeks in -20C.. 1x digestion mix Combine together 3.0 ml of 10x collagenase, 300 μl of 100x dispase, 750 μl of fetal bovine serum, and approximately 26 ml of X media to make 30 mls of digestion mix. Final concentrations of enzymes in 1x digestion mix: collagenase= 150 U/ml, dispase= 40 μg/ml; final percentage of ...
Crude Collagenase with proteolytic activity inhibitor - Collagenases | Sigma-Aldrich
Our most active crude collagenase, type XI, contains significant activities of other proteolytic enzymes, including clostripain, caseinase, and a tryptic activity. While this product is highly suited for preparation of pancreatic islets and islet cells, the tryptic activity of the collagenase medium can activate the zymogens of the digestive enzymes produced by pancreatic acinar cells. The addition of trypsin inhibitor to the culture medium from Clostridium histolyticum prevents or greatly reduces the activation of the protease proenzymes stored in the pancreas.
A protocol to isolate and qualify purified human preantral follicles in cases of acute leukemia, for future clinical...
Autotransplantation of cryopreserved ovarian cortex can be associated with a risk of cancer cell reseeding. This issue could be eliminated by grafting isolated preantral follicles. Collagenase NB6 is an enzyme produced under good manufacturing practices (GMP) in compliance with requirements for tissue engineering and transplantation in humans and thus can be used to isolate preantral follicles from ovarian tissue in the framework of further clinical applications. Multicolor flow cytometry is an effective tool to evaluate the potential contamination of follicular suspensions by leukemic cells. The efficiency of collagenase NB6 was evaluated in comparison to collagenase type IA and Liberase DH, in terms of yield, morphology and viability. A short-term in vitro culture of follicles isolated with collagenase NB6 was conducted for 3 days in a fibrin matrix. A modelization procedure was carried out to detect the presence of leukemic cells in follicular suspensions using multicolor flow cytometry (MFC). No
Cytokine synergy, collagenases and cartilage collagen breakdown | Biochemical Society Symposia
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about Biochemical Society Symposium.. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.. ...
MMP2 - Wikipedia
72 kDa type IV collagenase also known as matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and gelatinase A is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the MMP2 gene. The MMP2 gene is located on chromosome 16 at position 12.2. Proteins of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family are involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix (ECM) in normal physiological processes, such as embryonic development, reproduction, and tissue remodeling, as well as in disease processes, such as arthritis and metastasis. Most MMPs are secreted as inactive proproteins which are activated when cleaved by extracellular proteinases. This gene encodes an enzyme which degrades type IV collagen, the major structural component of basement membranes. The enzyme plays a role in endometrial menstrual breakdown, regulation of vascularization and the inflammatory response. Activation of MMP-2 requires proteolytic processing. A complex of membrane type 1 MMP (MT1-MMP/MMP14) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 recruits pro-MMP 2 from ...
Chemical and Biological Reagents. CVT-3619 (Lot number 736-87) was synthesized by the Department of Medicinal and Bio-Organic Chemistry of CV Therapeutics, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA). Other agents were purchased from the following sources: collagenase types I and IV from Worthington Biochemicals (Lakewood, NJ); adenosine deaminase (ADA) and protease inhibitor cocktail tablets (Complete) from Roche Diagnostics (Mannheim, Germany); [3H]CPX from PerkinElmer Life and Analytical (Boston, MA); [3H]ZM241385 from Tocris-Cookson (Bristol, UK); [3H]MRE3008F20 from GE Healthcare (Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire, UK); DDT1MF-2, CHO, and HEK cell lines, F-12K medium, and fetal bovine serum from ATCC (Manassas, VA); trypsin-EDTA from Clonetics (Baltimore, MD); and G418 from U.S. Biological (Swampscott, MA). All other chemicals were purchased from Sigma-Aldrich (St Louis, MO). Adenosine receptor agonists and antagonists were dissolved in dimethyl sulfoxide as 10 mM stock solutions and diluted in physiological ...
JCI - Human dental pulp-derived stem cells promote locomotor recovery after complete transection of the rat spinal cord by...
Isolation of SHEDs and DPSCs, and cell culture. Human SHEDs and DPSCs were isolated as described previously (16, 17). Briefly, exfoliated deciduous teeth (from individuals 6-12 years old) and adult third molars (18-30 years old) extracted for clinical purposes were collected. After separation of the crown and root, the dental pulp was isolated and then digested in a solution of 3 mg/ml collagenase type I and 4 mg/ml dispase for 1 hour at 37°C. Single-cell suspensions (1 × 104 to 2 × 104 cells/ml) were plated on culture dishes in DMEM supplemented with 10% fetal calf serum, then incubated at 37°C in 5% CO2. Mesenchymal stem cells of three human bone marrow lines (hBMSCs, from individuals 20-22 years old) at passage 5 and three human skin-fibroblast lines (hFbs, 36-40-years old) at passage 5 were obtained from Lonza and the Health Science Research Resources Bank Japan, respectively. Real-time PCR and microarray analysis. Total RNA was quantified by a spectrophotometer, and RNA integrity was ...
Dupuytrens is a condition that affects the hands and fingers, which causes the fingers to bend into the palm. It is thought to be more genetically linked but diabetes, smoking and some medications can also cause this condition. It is a condition that is non-cancerous, and non-life threatening. Current research does not indicate there is any link between Dupuytrens Contracture and Metastatic melanoma. Treatments can be non surgical and surgical and doctors, as a rule, do not like treating unless it is affecting full functioning of the hand. Initial non evasive treatment which may be of help can include massaging the affected area and exercise/physiotherapy to assist with blood flow to the area and help loosen the contracture.. Non surgical treatments include radiation therapy, which is done to the nodes and cords. The way this works is to interfere with the growth of the fibroblasts which cause the nodules. Another non surgical treatment is collagenase injections that break down the ...
MMP1 - Interstitial collagenase isoform 1 preproprotein - Callithrix jacchus (White-tufted-ear marmoset) - MMP1 gene & protein
p>The checksum is a form of redundancy check that is calculated from the sequence. It is useful for tracking sequence updates.,/p> ,p>It should be noted that while, in theory, two different sequences could have the same checksum value, the likelihood that this would happen is extremely low.,/p> ,p>However UniProtKB may contain entries with identical sequences in case of multiple genes (paralogs).,/p> ,p>The checksum is computed as the sequence 64-bit Cyclic Redundancy Check value (CRC64) using the generator polynomial: x,sup>64,/sup> + x,sup>4,/sup> + x,sup>3,/sup> + x + 1. The algorithm is described in the ISO 3309 standard. ,/p> ,p class=publication>Press W.H., Flannery B.P., Teukolsky S.A. and Vetterling W.T.,br /> ,strong>Cyclic redundancy and other checksums,/strong>,br /> ,a href=http://www.nrbook.com/b/bookcpdf.php>Numerical recipes in C 2nd ed., pp896-902, Cambridge University Press (1993),/a>),/p> Checksum:i ...
TIMP4 - Metalloproteinase inhibitor 4 precursor - Homo sapiens (Human) - TIMP4 gene & protein
Complexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7 and MMP-9.
Worthington Collagenase, Type 5 [WLS005284-1MG] Equl offers Enzyme Assay Kits, Reagent Mixtures, Enzymes, Glycobiology,...
Worthington Collagenase, Type 5 [WLS005284-1MG] - UNSPSC Code(s):12352204≥450 units per mg dry weightPrepared to contain higher collagenase and caseinase activities. A dialyzed, lyophilized powder.
CDw75 - NB100-78093 | acris-antibodies.com
CDw75, 100 Tests. CD75 is a 43-85 kD type II transmembrane sialoprotein, known as lacosamines, or CDw75. It is a member of glycosyltransferase family.
Collagenase B, ACF | STEMCELL Technologies
Protease capable of digesting collagen fibrils. Contains high levels of collagenase and caseinase activity. Produced using animal component-free materials.
PUB - Publikationen an der Universität Bielefeld
MATRIX DEGRADING PROTEINASES FROM HUMAN-GRANULOCYTES - TYPE-I, TYPE-II, TYPE-III COLLAGENASE, GELATINASE AND TYPE-IV, TYPE-V-COLLAGENASE - A SURVEY OF RECENT FINDINGS AND INHIBITION BY GAMMA-ANTICOLLAGENASE ...
This possibly explains the differences involving the mechan
We examined the effects of IGF 1 around the collagenolytic action of DU145 cells utilizing gelatin MAPK 阻害剤 zymography that is an incredibly delicate technique
A one-step sandwich enzyme immunoassay for inactive precursor and complexed forms of human matrix metalloproteinase 9 (92 kDa...
TY - JOUR. T1 - A one-step sandwich enzyme immunoassay for inactive precursor and complexed forms of human matrix metalloproteinase 9 (92 kDa gelatinase/type IV collagenase, gelatinase B) using monoclonal antibodies. AU - Fujimoto, Noboru. AU - Hosokawa, Nobuko. AU - Iwata, Kazushi. AU - Shinya, Takashi. AU - Okada, Yasunori. AU - Hayakawa, Taro. PY - 1994/11. Y1 - 1994/11. KW - Matrix metalloproteinase 9. KW - Monoclonal antibody. KW - Sandwich enzyme immunoassay. KW - Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0027971387&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0027971387&partnerID=8YFLogxK. U2 - 10.1016/0009-8981(94)90256-9. DO - 10.1016/0009-8981(94)90256-9. M3 - Article. C2 - 7704951. AN - SCOPUS:0027971387. VL - 231. SP - 79. EP - 88. JO - Clinica Chimica Acta. JF - Clinica Chimica Acta. SN - 0009-8981. IS - 1. ER - ...
Thermo-sensitive assembly of the biomaterial REP reduces hematoma volume following collagenase-induced intracerebral hemorrhage...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Thermo-sensitive assembly of the biomaterial REP reduces hematoma volume following collagenase-induced intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. AU - Park, Joohyun. AU - Kim, Jong Youl. AU - Choi, Seong Kyoon. AU - Kim, Jae Young. AU - Kim, Jae Hwan. AU - Jeon, Won Bae. AU - Lee, Jong Eun. PY - 2017/8. Y1 - 2017/8. N2 - Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) frequently results in severe disabilities and high mortality. RGD-containing elastin-like polypeptide (REP), a modified elastin-like polypeptide (ELP), is a thermally responsive biopolymer. REP has high affinity for cells and is known to show non-immunotoxicity, -cytotoxicity, and -inflammatory responses. Here we found that administration of REP in the acute phase of the ICH rat model reduced the hematoma volume, decreased the number of activated microglia, attenuated the expression of von Willebrand Factor (vWF), and prevented the leakage of immunoglobulin G (IgG) into the cerebral parenchyma without any occlusion of intact microvessels. ...
EliKine™ Human MMP-9 ELISA Kit - Abbkine - Antibodies, proteins, biochemicals, assay kits for life science research
EliKine™ Human MMP-9 ELISA Kit employs a two-site sandwich ELISA to quantitate Human MMP-9.,MMP 9; MMP-9; MMP9; Matrix Metalloproteinase 9; GELB; Type V collagenase; Matrix metallopeptidase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase),Proteins of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family are involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix in normal physiological processes, such as embryonic development, reproduction, and tissue remodeling, as well as in disease processes, such as arthritis and metastasis. Most MMPs are secreted as inactive proproteins which are activated when cleaved by extracellular proteinases. The enzyme encoded by this gene degrades type IV and V collagens. Studies in rhesus monkeys suggest that the enzyme is involved in IL-8-induced mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells from bone marrow, and murine studies suggest a role in tumor-associated tissue remodeling.
Analysis of 16 different matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-1 to MMP-20) in the synovial membrane: different profiles in trauma and...
Some of the MMPs seem to be expressed in all or almost all traumatic synovial membrane samples. Traumatic synovial membrane is naturally not normal synovial membrane. However, this may imply a constitutive expression pattern and a role in normal tissue remodelling processes. These MMPs were MMP-2 (gelatinase A or 72 kDa type IV collagenase), MMP-3 (stromelysin-1), MMP-11 (stromelysin-3) and MMP-19. Their constitutive expression does not mean that they could not play a part in pathological tissue destruction, for example, because of their increased synthesis in diseases and/or insufficient regulation of their degradative potential. For example, MMP-2 has recently been found to be part of a cell membrane associated ternary MT1-MMP/TIMP-2/MMP-2 complex, which may contribute to proMMP-2 activation and focused, pericellular targeting of its action.20 In addition, MMP-2 is, not only gelatinase, but also a collagenase active against interstitial type I and II collagens.21 22 Some MMP mRNAs were found ...
Enhancement of the structural stability of full-length clostridial collagenase by calcium ions<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Enhancement of the structural stability of full-length clostridial collagenase by calcium ions. AU - Ohbayashi, Naomi. AU - Yamagata, Noriko. AU - Goto, Masafumi. AU - Watanabe, Kimiko. AU - Yamagata, Youhei. AU - Murayama, Kazutaka. PY - 2012/8. Y1 - 2012/8. N2 - The clostridial collagenases G and H are multidomain proteins. For collagen digestion, the domain arrangement is likely to play an important role in collagen binding and hydrolysis. In this study, the full-length collagenase H protein from Clostridium histolyticum was expressed in Escherichia coli and purified. The N-terminal amino acid of the purified protein was Ala31. The expressed protein showed enzymatic activity against azocoll as a substrate. To investigate the role of Ca2+ in providing structural stability to the full-length collagenase H, biophysical measurements were conducted using the recombinant protein. Size exclusion chromatography revealed that the Ca2+ chelation by EGTA induced interdomain ...
Cytokine synergy, collagenases and cartilage collagen breakdown | Biochemical Society Symposia | Portland Press
We have investigated proteinases that degrade cartilage collagen. We show that pro-inflammatory cytokines act synergistically with oncastatin M to promote cartilage collagen resorption by the up-regulation and activation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). The precise mechanisms are not known, but involve the up-regulation of c-fos, which binds to MMP promoters at a proximal activator protein-1 (AP-1) site. This markedly up-regulates transcription and leads to higher levels of active MMP proteins. ...
Blog - 2/10 - Dupuytren Contracture Institute
Auxilium Pharmaceutical, manufacturer of Xiaflex collagenase injections, boasts that in a two-year study Xiaflex had a recurrence rate of 19.3 percent, a considerably lower rate of return than those who used surgical procedures to treat their hand problem.. The answer to the question Is the Xiaflex recurrence rate for Dupuytren low? is a qualified yes and no.. Yes, Xiaflex or collagenase treatment results in a considerably lower Dupuytren recurrence rate than hand surgery. However, this does not necessarily mean that the rate of recurrence is actually low; it only means the problem will come back slower than what happens after invasive hand surgery. The reality is that hand surgery has a tremendously high recurrence rate, so a non-surgical therapy option by comparison will look favorable.. Every child learns that pointing to someone who has done something worse than you does not diminish his crime. When you told your mother that the child next door stole 25 cents from his mother, you were ...
A novel region in the collagenase promoter is involved in transcriptional activation and repression. :: Dartmouth Dissertations
In Copyright. This material is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this material in any way that is permitted by copyright law that applies to your use. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s). http://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/ ...
KEGG ENZYME: 220.127.116.11
An extracellular endopeptidase of vertebrate tissues homologous with interstitial collagenase. Digests proteoglycan, fibronectin, collagen types III, IV, V, IX, and activates procollagenase. In peptidase family M10 (interstitial collagenase family ...
Collagenase gene regulation by pro-inflammatory cytokines in cartilage
The essentially irreversible degradation of articular cartilage collagen represents a key, rate-limiting process in arthritic diseases. This process is typically initiated as a consequence of an inflammatory response, and if left unchecked ultimately leads to loss of joint function, pain, disability …
Thermo Scientific Lab Vision MMP-13 (Collagenase-3) Ab-1, Mouse Monoclonal | Fisher Scientific
Shop a large selection of products and learn more about Thermo Scientific Lab Vision MMP-13 (Collagenase-3) Ab-1, Mouse Monoclonal 100µL; 200µg/mL; Unlabeled; Purified
The Col1a1 gene and its possible relation to ageing in mice
Mice with a mutation in the Col1a1 gene, that yields collagenase-resistant type I collagen, display a shortened lifespan, when compared with wild-type littermates, and develop features of premature aging (including kyphosis, weight loss, decreased bone mineral density, and hypertension ...
Suara Hati...: Status halal di R&R diragui !!
FIQH HADIS; SOLAT SUNAT ISYRAQ - *SOLAT SUNAT ISYRAQ* Sabda Nabi SAW; مَنْ صَلَّى الغَدَاةَ فِي جَمَاعَةٍ ثُمَّ قَعَدَ يَذْكُرُ اللَّهَ حَتَّى تَطْلُعَ الشَّمْسُ، ثُمَّ صَلَّى رَكْعَتَيْن... ...
... collagenases such as cathepsin B1; and hyaluronidase. PSGAG inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandin E2, which is released upon ...
Collagenase No. 14 is present in MeSH but not listed as a collagenase, while No. 18 is absent from MeSH. The main substrates of ... These groups are the collagenases, the gelatinases, the stromelysins, and the membrane-type MMPs (MT-MMPs). The collagenases ... The collagenases are No. 1, No. 8, No. 13, and No. 18. In addition, No. 14 has also been shown to cleave fibrillar collagen, ... Eisen A, Jeffrey J, Gross J (1968). "Human skin collagenase. Isolation and mechanism of attack on the collagen molecule". ...
Chemical process of decomposition
These collagenases break down protein into peptides. The peptides are subsequently reduced to their constituent amino acids, ... The first step in the process involves the elimination of the organic collagen fraction by the action of bacterial collagenases ...
Collagenase injection is likewise most effective for Stages I and II. However, it is also used at other stages. Hand surgery is ... The collagenase is distributed across three injection points. For the PIP joint the needle must be placed not more than 4 mm ... Clostridial collagenase injections have been found to be more effective than placebo. The cords are weakened through the ... Among those who worsen, clostridial collagenase injections or surgery may be tried. While radiation therapy is used to treat ...
Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is reported to help by breaking down the excess collagen in the penis. It was approved for ... Giorgio Pajardi, Marie A. Badalamente, Lawrence C. Hurst (2018). Collagenase in Dupuytren Disease. Springer. ISBN 9783319658223 ...
APMA is known to activate matrix metalloproteinase enzymes and collagenase. APMA activates proteolytic enzymes by reacting with ... Sellers, Anthony; Cartwright, Elizabeth; Murphy, Gillian; Reynolds, John (1977). "Evidence that Latent Collagenases are Enzyme- ... and thiol-blocking reagent used in experimental biology and chemistry to activate matrix metalloproteinases and collagenase ...
In recent decades, collagenase has begun to find various practical medical applications. The Ines Mandl Medical Foundation of ... Ines Mandl, Collagenase (Gordon and Breach 1972). "Ines Mandl". Legacy. Retrieved 11 August 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged ... In 1950, she became the first scientist to extract collagenase from the bacterium Clostridium histolyticum. Other work involved ... was an Austrian-born American biochemist who was awarded the Garvan-Olin Medal in 1983 for her work on the enzyme collagenase. ...
Kabadjova, P.; Vlahov, S. (15 April 2014). "Regulation of Extracellular Collagenase Production in 91". Biotechnology & ...
... is made of hyaluronic acid and lubricin, proteinases, and collagenases. Synovial fluid exhibits non-Newtonian ...
Collagenases are zinc metalloproteases that cleave collagen and gelatin into small fragments. The seven collagenases are alpha ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is manufactured and marketed by Endo Pharmaceuticals in the US, and marketed by SOBI in ... This collagenase has been used to treat Dupuytren's contracture, a disease of pathological collagen production and deposition ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is secreted by the bacterium and can destroy connective tissue of muscles. ...
"Iron toxicity in mice with collagenase-induced intracerebral hemorrhage". Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism. 31 (5): ...
These infectious agents produce proteases and collagenases which break down the corneal stroma. Complete loss of the stroma can ... Treatment includes antibiotics and collagenase inhibitors such as acetylcysteine. Surgery in the form of corneal ...
... examples include collagenase, varidase, papain, and bromelain. Some of these enzymatic debriders are selective, while some are ...
Collin M. Stultz
Stultz, C. M. (2002). Localized Unfolding of Collagen Explains Collagenase Cleavage Near Imino-poor Sites. Journal of Molecular ...
They looked for collagenase in the medium from tissue implants in culture. Together, they found the enzyme and characterized ... and control of collagenase production. Gross died at age 96 in Waban, Massachusetts of natural causes From 1953-62, Gross ...
Enzymes that digest collagen (collagenases) are often used when isolating cells from the heart or bladder. General-purpose ...
Milwaukee shoulder syndrome
Crystal deposition in the joint causes the release of collagenases, serine proteases, elastases, and interleukin-1. This ...
The osteoclasts secrete hydrogen ions, collagenase, cathepsin K and hydrolytic enzymes into this compartment. Resorption of ... After the removal of minerals, collagenase and gelatinase are secreted into the subosteoclastic compartment. These enzymes ... disassembles and digests the composite of hydrated protein and mineral at a molecular level by secreting acid and a collagenase ...
It was found during a survey in search of bacteria that produce thermostable collagenase. The optimum growth temperature for A ...
Hemmings F, Farhan M, Rowland J, Banken L, Jain R (2001). "Tolerability and pharmacokinetics of the collagenase-selective ...
List of EC numbers (EC 3)
Now EC 18.104.22.168, microbial collagenase EC 22.214.171.124: Deleted entry: Trichophyton schoenleinii collagenase EC 126.96.36.199: Deleted ... interstitial collagenase EC 188.8.131.52: Transferred entry: Achromobacter iophagus collagenase. ... Now EC 184.108.40.206, nepenthesin EC 220.127.116.11: Transferred entry: Clostridium histolyticum collagenase 2. Now EC 18.104.22.168, ... microbial collagenase EC 22.214.171.124: now EC 126.96.36.199 serralysin EC 188.8.131.52: Deleted entry: lens neutral proteinase. Now ...
Inflammation of the muscularis propria releases enzymes including collagenases which destroy the connective tissue of the bowel ...
Chitinase, geleatinase and collagenase metalloprotease activities have been linked to Chryseobacterium gliding motility exerted ... These properties are likely mediated through the action of specific chitinases and collagenase-like metalloproteases. Some of ...
Next, a solution containing collagenase is added to separate the hepatocytes from the liver stroma. This process creates a ... For these purposes, hepatocytes are usually isolated from animal or human whole liver or liver tissue by collagenase digestion ...
... species excrete collagenase to eat through tissue and, thus, help the pathogen spread throughout the body. The ... Clostridium histolyticum has been used as a source of the enzyme collagenase, which degrades animal tissue. ... medical profession uses collagenase for the same reason in the débridement of infected wounds. Hyaluronidase, deoxyribonuclease ...
Is a Powerful Fibronectinase and Type IV Collagenase". Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 93 (2): 287-290. doi:10.1111/1523- ...
Collagenase is only used when the ECM scaffold product does not require an intact collagen structure. Lipases are commonly used ...
This leads to local inflammation through the signalling of synovial cells to produce metalloproteinases and collagenase. ...
Collagenase Bacteriocins Immunosuppressive proteins Bone resorption agents Inhibitors of bone formation Antibiotic resistance ...
... collagenases) define a superfamily of zinc-peptidases". Protein Sci. 4 (5): 823-840. doi:10.1002/pro.5560040502. PMC 2143131. ...
Collagenase IV - Wikipedia
Collagenase clostridium histolyticum - Wikipedia
... could reduce the efficacy of the collagenases, but no clinical evidence for such an interaction has been observed. "Collagenase ... The substance is a constant mixture of two collagenases (AUX-I and AUX-II) with known amino acid sequences and a length of ... The two collagenases act synergistically by cleaving tropocollagen (the collagen molecule) at different points. AUX-I attacks ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is an enzyme produced by the bacterium Clostridium histolyticum that dismantles collagen. ...
JCI - Collagenases and cracks in the plaque
Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection, collagenase ointment ( ... Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection comes as a powder to be mixed with a liquid and injected by a doctor. If you are ... Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection. pronounced as (kol a jen ase) (klos trid ee um) (his toe lit ik um) ...
Collagenase: uses & side-effects | PatientsLikeMe
Find treatment reviews for Collagenase from other patients. Learn from their experiences about effectiveness, side effects and ... Stopped taking Collagenase Duration. Patients. Percentage. This item is relevant to you: 1 - 6 months 1 * 100% ... Why patients stopped taking Collagenase. Multiple reasons could be selected. Reason. Patients. Percentage. This item is ... See all 6 patients that have taken Collagenase Side effects. Side effects as an overall problem. Side effects as an overall ...
Collagenase clostridium histolyticum Use During Pregnancy | Drugs.com
Advice and warnings for the use of Collagenase clostridium histolyticum during pregnancy. FDA Pregnancy Category B - No proven ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Warnings. Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is also known ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum Pregnancy Warnings. Animal studies have failed to reveal evidence of fetal harm. There are ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum Breastfeeding Warnings. Caution is recommended Excreted into human milk: Unknown. Excreted ...
Collagenase (Topical): Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com
Easy-to-read patient leaflet for Collagenase (Topical). Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, precautions, ... Collagenase (Topical). Generic Name: Collagenase (Topical) (KOL la je nase). Brand Name: Santyl ... What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Collagenase?. *If you have an allergy to collagenase or any other part of ... How is this medicine (Collagenase) best taken?. Use collagenase (topical) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given ...
Crude Collagenase with proteolytic activity inhibitor - Collagenases | Sigma-Aldrich
... the tryptic activity of the collagenase medium can activate the zymogens of the digestive enzymes produced by pancreatic acinar ... Our most active crude collagenase, type XI, contains significant activities of other proteolytic enzymes, including clostripain ... USA Home > Product Directory > Biochemicals and Reagents > Enzymes, Inhibitors, and Substrates > Collagenases > Crude ... Collagenase + protease inhibitor 2-5 FALGPA units/mg solid, ≥800 CDU/mg solid, Suitable for isolation of rat pancreatic islet ...
collagenase clostridium histolyticum | Cigna
Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is used to treat Dupuytrens contracture in adults. This condition causes an abnormal ... Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is made from a mixture of proteins derived from a certain bacteria. ... What is collagenase clostridium histolyticum?. Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is made from a mixture of proteins derived ... What is the most important information I should know about collagenase clostridium histolyticum?. Collagenase clostridium ...
2015 United States and Europe Collagenase Industry Overview: Reportstack
Reportstack has announced a new market research reports namely United States Collagenase Industry 2015 and Europe Collagenase ... The Collagenase market analysis is provided for the United States and Europe markets including development trends, competitive ... The Collagenase industry development trends and marketing channels are analyzed. Finally the feasibility of new investment ...
RCSB PDB - Protein Feature View - Collagenase - Q46085 (Q46085 CLOHI)
The PDB archive contains information about experimentally-determined structures of proteins, nucleic acids, and complex assemblies. As a member of the wwPDB, the RCSB PDB curates and annotates PDB data according to agreed upon standards. The RCSB PDB also provides a variety of tools and resources. Users can perform simple and advanced searches based on annotations relating to sequence, structure and function. These molecules are visualized, downloaded, and analyzed by users who range from students to specialized scientists.
Collagenase gene regulation by pro-inflammatory cytokines in cartilage
Evaluation of a collagenase generated ost... & related info | Mendeley
Collagen-Fluorescein bovine collagenase substrate | Sigma-Aldrich
Suitable for use as substrate for determination of collagenase activity by quantitative fluorescent assay of lysed collagen; ... Biochemicals and Reagents, Collagenase Substrates, Enzyme Substrates, Enzymes, Inhibitors, and Substrates, Substrates by Enzyme ... Suitable for use as substrate for determination of collagenase activity by quantitative fluorescent assay of lysed collagen. ...
JCI - Enhanced cleavage of type II collagen by collagenases in osteoarthritic articular cartilage.
... collagenase-1), MMP-8 (collagenase-2), and MMP-13 (collagenase-3). A secondary cleavage followed the initial cleavage produced ... These data suggest that collagenase(s) produced by chondrocytes is (are) involved in the cleavage and denaturation of type II ... We demonstrate the direct involvement of increased collagenase activity in the cleavage of type II collagen in osteoarthritic ... Enhanced cleavage of type II collagen by collagenases in osteoarthritic articular cartilage.. ...
Collagenase: Preclinical Evaluation and Clinical Trials in the USA and Australia | SpringerLink
Prior to US Food and Drug Administration approval of injectable collagenase, the standard of care was surgical fasciectomy, ... Phase 2 studies which confirmed the optimal dose of collagenase as 10,000 units (0.58 mg) showed injectable collagenase reduced ... Starkweather KD, Lattuga S, Hurst LC, Badalamente MA, Guilak F, Sampson S, Dowd A, Wisch D. Collagenase in the treatment of ... Injectable collagenase Clostridium histolyticum represents a novel, nonsurgical approach to the treatment of Dupuytren ...
Xiaflex (Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum) may treat, uses, dosage, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, ... consisting of two microbial collagenases in a defined mass ratio, Collagenase AUX-I and Collagenase AUX-II, which are isolated ... are allergic to collagenase clostridium histolyticum, or any of the ingredients in XIAFLEX, or to any other collagenase product ... are allergic to collagenase clostridium histolyticum or any of the ingredients in XIAFLEX, or to any other collagenase product ...
Collagenases | Harvard Catalyst Profiles | Harvard Catalyst
Collagenase Impacts the Quantity and Quality of Native Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells Derived during Processing of Umbilical ... "Collagenases" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject ... This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Collagenases" by people in Harvard Catalyst Profiles by year, ... Oral Polyphosphate Suppresses Bacterial Collagenase Production and Prevents Anastomotic Leak Due to Serratia marcescens and ...
Collagenase 3 - DrugBank
Borden P, Solymar D, Sucharczuk A, Lindman B, Cannon P, Heller RA: Cytokine control of interstitial collagenase and collagenase ... Gomis-Ruth FX, Gohlke U, Betz M, Knauper V, Murphy G, Lopez-Otin C, Bode W: The helping hand of collagenase-3 (MMP-13): 2.7 A ... Johansson N, Saarialho-Kere U, Airola K, Herva R, Nissinen L, Westermarck J, Vuorio E, Heino J, Kahari VM: Collagenase-3 (MMP- ... Stura EA, Visse R, Cuniasse P, Dive V, Nagase H: Crystal structure of full-length human collagenase 3 (MMP-13) with peptides in ...
Induction of collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts
... is believed to be mediated by the collagenase subfamily of matrix metalloprot … ... is believed to be mediated by the collagenase subfamily of matrix metalloproteinases. The preference of collagenase-3 (CL-3) ... Induction of collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000 Oct 18;1502(2):307- ... These fibroblasts also expressed mRNA for collagenase-1 (CL-1, MMP-1), membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, gelatinase A, ...
MMP13 - Collagenase 3 - Homo sapiens (Human) - MMP13 gene & protein
IPR028711, Collagenase_3. IPR000585, Hemopexin-like_dom. IPR036375, Hemopexin-like_dom_sf. IPR018487, Hemopexin-like_repeat ... IPR028711, Collagenase_3. IPR000585, Hemopexin-like_dom. IPR036375, Hemopexin-like_dom_sf. IPR018487, Hemopexin-like_repeat ... tr,G5E971,G5E971_HUMAN Collagenase 3 OS=Homo sapiens OX=9606 GN=MMP13 PE=1 SV=1 ...
collagenase clostridium histolyticum topical Reviews and User Ratings: Effectiveness, Ease of Use, and Satisfaction
RCSB PDB - 1HYL: THE 1.8 A STRUCTURE OF COLLAGENASE FROM HYPODERMA LINEATUM
HYPODERMA LINEATUM COLLAGENASE. A, B. 230. Hypoderma lineatum. Mutation(s): 0 EC: 3.4.21 (PDB Primary Data), 184.108.40.206 (UniProt ... Collagenase from the fly larvae Hypoderma lineatum cleaves triple-helical collagen in a single region. It was crystallized at ... Collagenase from the fly larvae Hypoderma lineatum cleaves triple-helical collagen in a single region. It was crystallized at ... 1.8 A structure of Hypoderma lineatum collagenase: a member of the serine proteinase family.. Broutin, I., Arnoux, B., Riche, C ...
Collagenase B, ACF | STEMCELL Technologies
Contains high levels of collagenase and caseinase activity. Produced using animal component-free materials. ... Collagenase A,Colstridium histolyticum collagenase,Collagenase I,Collagenase II,Collagenase 1,Collagenase 2,Collagenase B ... Internal Search Keywords: Collagenase B,07438,07439,Collagenase Type V,Collagenase,Collagen,Enzyme,Tissue Dissociation, ... Collagenase B, ACF contains higher collagenase and caseinase levels than Collagenase A and is intended for use in applications ...
Collagenase A, ACF | STEMCELL Technologies
Contains collagenase, caseinase, clostripain, and trypsin activities. Animal component-free. ... Collagenase A,Colstridium histolyticum collagenase,Collagenase I,Collagenase II,Collagenase 1,Collagenase 2 ... Internal Search Keywords: Collagenase A,07434,07435,Collagenase Type I,Collagenase Type II,Collagenase,Collagen,Enzyme,Tissue ... Collagenase A, ACF contains levels of proteolytic activity similar to type I and type II collagenases. Collagenase A, ACF is ...
Collagenase: Localization in Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte Granules in the Rabbit | Science
Collagenase: Localization in Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte Granules in the Rabbit. By P. B. Robertson, R. B. Ryel, R. E. Taylor, ... Collagenase: Localization in Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte Granules in the Rabbit. By P. B. Robertson, R. B. Ryel, R. E. Taylor, ... Collagenase: Localization in Polymorphonuclear Leukocyte Granules in the Rabbit Message Subject. (Your Name) has forwarded a ... Collagenase activity was consistently associated with the specific granules containing alkaline phosphatase. ...
Tissue Collagenase in the Invasion of Neoplasms | Cancer Council Victoria
Interstitial Collagenase (MMP-1) Expression in Human Carotid Atherosclerosis | Circulation
Human alveolar macrophages produce a fibroblast-like collagenase and collagenase inhibitor. J Clin Invest. 1985;76:219-224. ... Interstitial Collagenase (MMP-1) Expression in Human Carotid Atherosclerosis. Seppo T. Nikkari, Kevin D. OBrien, Marina ... Interstitial collagenases are the only metalloproteinases that can cleave native collagen types I and III,11 which are major ... collagenase. Advanced human atherosclerotic plaques are characterized by a lipid core covered by a fibrous cap composed of ...
Expression, Purification, Characterization, and X-Ray Analysis of Selenomethionine 215 Variant of Leukocyte Collagenase |...
Cytokine synergy, collagenases and cartilage collagen breakdown | Biochemical Society Symposia | Portland Press
CollagenGelatinaseReceiving collagenase clostridium histolyticumNeutrophilSantyl OintmentEnzymesXiaflexInjection of collagenase clostridiumTissueInjectableProteinMMP13RecombinantSide effects of collagenaseProteasesInhibitorContains higher collagenaseClostridium Histolyticum InjectionInterstitial collagenasesProteolyticProteaseDigestionRole of collagenasesEffect of collagenaseMacrophagesProteinsMRNATypeAnti-CollagenaseSeveral collagenasesBacterial collagenaseDegradationInducesHumanDupuytren'sGene expressionStromelysinMatrixPercutaneous needle fasciotomyEfficacyPreferentiallyLatent
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is an enzyme produced by the bacterium Clostridium histolyticum that dismantles collagen. (wikipedia.org)
- The two collagenases act synergistically by cleaving tropocollagen (the 'collagen molecule') at different points. (wikipedia.org)
- The MMP interstitial collagenases catalyze the initial proteolytic cleavage of intact triple helical fibrillar collagen. (jci.org)
- Collagenases are enzymes that break the peptide bonds in collagen. (patientslikeme.com)
- METHODS: Concentrations of a collagenase-generated cleavage neoepitope of type II collagen (Col2-3/4C(long mono), or C2C) in joint fluid from elbows were analyzed and compared between dogs with MCD and unaffected dogs. (mendeley.com)
- Suitable for use as substrate for determination of collagenase activity by quantitative fluorescent assay of lysed collagen. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Enhanced cleavage of type II collagen by collagenases in osteoarthritic articular cartilage. (jci.org)
- We demonstrate the direct involvement of increased collagenase activity in the cleavage of type II collagen in osteoarthritic human femoral condylar cartilage by developing and using antibodies reactive to carboxy-terminal (COL2-3/4C(short)) and amino-terminal (COL2-1/4N1) neoepitopes generated by cleavage of native human type II collagen by collagenase matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 (collagenase-1), MMP-8 (collagenase-2), and MMP-13 (collagenase-3). (jci.org)
- These data suggest that collagenase(s) produced by chondrocytes is (are) involved in the cleavage and denaturation of type II collagen in articular cartilage, that this is increased in OA, and that MMP-13 may play a significant role in this process. (jci.org)
- The preference of collagenase-3 (CL-3) for collagen type II makes it a likely candidate in the turnover of articular cartilage and a potential target for drug development. (nih.gov)
- Collagenase from the fly larvae Hypoderma lineatum cleaves triple-helical collagen in a single region. (rcsb.org)
- Collagenase is capable of digesting native collagen fibrils commonly found in connective tissues and therefore is frequently used for tissue dissociation. (stemcell.com)
- One mechanism for this might be the release by plaque cells of matrix-degrading proteases, such as interstitial collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase-1, MMP-1), which degrades two major plaque structural proteins, types I and III collagen. (ahajournals.org)
- Interstitial collagenases are the only metalloproteinases that can cleave native collagen types I and III, 11 which are major structural components of the fibrous plaque cap. (ahajournals.org)
- Expression of basement membrane type IV collagen and type IV collagenases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) in human fetal teeth. (nih.gov)
- Data on the expression of genes for type IV collagen (the major structural component of the BM) and type IV collagenases [MMP-2 (72 kDa) and MMP-9 (92 kDa)], enzymes that degrade type IV collagen during human tooth development, are lacking. (nih.gov)
- Each treatment cycle consists of two (2) collagenase clostridium histolyticum injection procedures (in which injectable collagenase clostridium histolyticum is injected directly into the collagen-containing structure of the penis) and one penile modeling procedure. (bcbsnd.com)
- However, no direct in vivo evidence links collagenases with the regulation of collagen content in atherosclerotic plaques. (ahajournals.org)
- Methods and Results- To test the hypothesis that collagenases influence the structure of atheromata, we examined collagen accumulation in atherosclerotic lesions of apolipoprotein E-deficient mice (apoE −/− ) that express collagenase-resistant collagen-I (Col R/R /apoE −/− , n=12) or wild-type collagen-expressing mice (Col +/+ /apoE −/− , n=12). (ahajournals.org)
- Conclusion- These results establish that collagenase action regulates plaque collagen turnover and smooth muscle cell accumulation. (ahajournals.org)
- 13 However, no direct in vivo evidence has determined that MMP-family collagenases regulate the interstitial collagen content of atheromata. (ahajournals.org)
- Indeed, plaques also contain non-MMP collagenases, including cathepsin K, a potent cysteine proteinase that can degrade interstitial collagen. (ahajournals.org)
- 14 The relative contributions of MMP and non-MMP collagenases to collagen metabolism in the plaque remain unknown. (ahajournals.org)
- Interstitial collagenases of the MMP family initiate degradation of type I collagen by cleavage at a single highly conserved site between Gly 775 and Ile 776 of the α1(I) chain. (ahajournals.org)
- The present study used mice with a targeted mutation in both alleles of Col1a1 (Col1a1 tml Jae or Col R/R ) that yields amino acid substitutions around the collagenase cleavage site in the α1(I) chains that render collagen completely resistant to attack by MMP collagenases. (ahajournals.org)
- 20-22 We crossed Col R/R mice and apoE-deficient strain (apoE −/− ) mice to test the specific biological hypothesis in vivo that MMP collagenases regulate collagen accumulation in intimal plaques, an aspect of plaque structure critical to the progression and complications of atherosclerosis. (ahajournals.org)
- Recent research has been conducted, investigating the chemical and biological properties of collagenase ointment, including healing in animal models, digestion power on different collagen types, cell migration activity from collagen degradation products, and compatibility with various wound dressings and metal ions. (lww.com)
- Matrix metalloproteinase 8 (MMP-8), or neutrophil collagenase, degrades interstitial collagens, acting preferentially on collagen type I. (prospecbio.com)
- In addition, we showed that in live oocytes the relocalization of Mps1 and Polo to filaments is sensitive to injection of collagenase, suggesting that the structural components of the filaments are composed of collagen-like fibrils. (biomedsearch.com)
- However, the collagen-like genes we have been able to test so far (vkg and CG42453) did not appear to be associated with the filaments, demonstrating that the collagenase-sensitive component of the filaments is one of a number of other Drosophila proteins bearing a collagenase cleavage site. (biomedsearch.com)
- skin tissue, the ability of collagenase to digest collagen in the physiological pH and temperature range makes it particularly effective in the removal of detritus. (bioportfolio.com)
- The early stages of degradation of native collagen by two bacterial collagenases were studied by electron microscopy and by automatic Edman degradation. (biochemj.org)
- The purified collagenase from Clostridium histolyticum was shown to cleave native collagen at several sites, but not progressively from the N-terminus, as had been previously suggested. (biochemj.org)
- The homogeneous collagenase from Achromobacter iophagus cleaves native collagen preferentially at two sites corresponding to the interbands 33-34 and 41-42. (biochemj.org)
- Collagenase requires calcium ions both for full catalytic activity and binding to the collagen molecule. (amsbio.com)
- We have examined the expression of 2 type IV collagen degrading enzymes ( M r 72,000 and 92,000 type IV collagenases) in human skin cancer by in situ hybridization. (aacrjournals.org)
- Collagenases from mammalian cells are metallo-enzymes and are collagen-type specific. (academic.ru)
- The reduction in collagenase 1 expression correlated with a decrease in the invasive ability of tumor cells through a collagen type I matrix and was independent of the cytotoxic and antiproliferative effects usually associated with this anticancer drug. (aacrjournals.org)
- We report that doxorubicin selectively inhibits collagenase 1 expression in the highly invasive and metastatic human melanoma cell line A2058 without affecting the expression of two other MMPs, gelatinase A and gelatinase B. Collagenase 1 inhibition correlated with a decrease in the ability of the A2058 cells to invade a collagen type I matrix. (aacrjournals.org)
- We here demonstrate directly, using live, dynamic, differential interference contrast imaging, that mechanically strained networks of collagen fibrils, exposed to collagenase ( Clostridium histolyticum ), degrade preferentially. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Collagenases are naturally occurring enzymes responsible for the breakdown of collagen. (biospecifics.com)
- BioSpecifics has developed a specific collagenase formulation, Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum (CCH), for the treatment of conditions associated with excess collagen formation. (biospecifics.com)
- Collagenase enzymes are able to effectively breakdown the peptide bonds found in collagen. (agscientific.com)
- Based on an increased interest in non-invasive therapeutic methods, collagenase enzymes are being studied for their ability to catalyze key chemical processes - more specifically, collagen degradation. (agscientific.com)
- With their unique ability to degrade collagen that is resistant to breakdown, collagenases can more effectively treat wounds, even those associated with third-degree burns. (agscientific.com)
- This is believed to be based on the fact that once collagen is degraded by collagenase , select inflammatory cells, including macrophages, are able to enhance migration and in turn, their efficiency. (agscientific.com)
- By degrading collagen, as well as other key proteins, collagenase enzymes release cells, supporting a wide range of research efforts. (agscientific.com)
- Aloe solution increased collagenase activity of type I and type IV collagen and decreased gelatinase activity. (arvojournals.org)
- Histopathology revealed less tight stroma after collagenase exposure due to its collagen digestion effect. (arvojournals.org)
- It is postulated that eosinophil collagenase may have a function in the remodelling of newly-synthesised collagen during the post-inflammatory phase of healing, since eosinophil leucocytes appear in significant numbers within the connective tissue during this phase. (auckland.ac.nz)
- This suggests a different role for eosinophil collagenase than that for neutrophil collagenase, since neutrophils are present only in the early stages of inflammation, when collagen is being degraded. (auckland.ac.nz)
- Autoregulation of collagenase production by a protein synthesized and secreted by synovial fibroblasts: cellular mechanism for control of collagen degradation. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- COLLAGENASE (kohl LAH jen ace) is an enzyme that breaks down collagen in damaged tissue and helps healthy tissue to grow. (vidanthealth.com)
- A targeted mutation at the known collagenase cleavage site in mouse type I collagen impairs tissue remodeling. (rupress.org)
- Degradation of type I collagen, the most abundant collagen, is initiated by collagenase cleavage at a highly conserved site between Gly775 and Ile776 of the alpha 1 (I) chain. (rupress.org)
- Mutations at or around this site render type I collagen resistant to collagenase digestion in vitro. (rupress.org)
- Although type I collagen from the homozygous mutant mice was resistant to cleavage by human or rat fibroblast collagenases at the helical site, only the rat collagenase cleaved collagen trimers at an additional, novel site in the nonhelical N-telopeptide domain. (rupress.org)
- Our results suggest that cleavage by murine collagenase at the N-telopeptide site could account for resorption of type I collagen during embryonic and early adult life. (rupress.org)
- Thus, type I collagen is degraded by at least two differentially controlled mechanisms involving collagenases with distinct, but overlapping, substrate specificities. (rupress.org)
- Collagenase IV may refer to one of two enzymes: Gelatinase A Gelatinase B This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Collagenase IV. (wikipedia.org)
- Neutrophils exhibited a positive signal for collagenase 2 and gelatinase B, whereas collagenase 1 and gelatinase A were revealed mainly in macrophages and epithelial cells. (nih.gov)
- Since the mechanisms of MMP activation in vivo are poorly understood we have examined the potential of mast cell proteinases to activate the precursor forms of human collagenase (MMP-1), stromelysin (MMP-3), gelatinase A (MMP-2) and gelatinase B (MMP-9). (wiley.com)
- 72 kDa Type IV Collagenase (Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 or Gelatinase A or Neutrophil Gelatinase or 72 kDa Gelatinase or TBE 1 or MMP2 or EC 220.127.116.11) pipeline Target constitutes close to 9 molecules. (reportsweb.com)
- 72 kDa Type IV Collagenase (Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 or Gelatinase A or Neutrophil Gelatinase or 72 kDa Gelatinase or TBE 1 or MMP2 or EC 18.104.22.168) - 72 kDa type IV collagenase or matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and gelatinase A is an enzyme encoded by the MMP2 gene. (reportsweb.com)
- It also reviews key players involved in 72 kDa Type IV Collagenase (Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 or Gelatinase A or Neutrophil Gelatinase or 72 kDa Gelatinase or TBE 1 or MMP2 or EC 22.214.171.124) targeted therapeutics development with respective active and dormant or discontinued projects. (reportsweb.com)
- This inhibition was specific for collagenase 1 because it did not affect the expression of two other MMPs, gelatinase A (MMP-2) and gelatinase B (MMP-9). (aacrjournals.org)
- To evaluate the in vitro effects of an aloe vera solution on 1) the viability and wound healing response of corneal cells, and 2) the ability to alter collagenase and gelatinase activity. (arvojournals.org)
- The Immunogen: Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2) (gelatinase A, 72kDa gelatinase, 72kDa type IV collagenase), a member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) enzyme family, is involved in the breakdown of extracellular matrix in normal physiological processes, such as embryonic development, reproduction, and tissue remodeling, as well as in disease processes, such as arthritis and metastasis. (neuromics.com)
- Additionally, the report provides an overview of key players involved in 72 kDa Type IV Collagenase (Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 or Gelatinase A or Neutrophil Gelatinase or MMP2 or EC 126.96.36.199) targeted therapeutics development and features dormant and discontinued projects. (marketresearch.com)
- Human polymorphonuclear leukocyte collagenase and gelatinase. (uni-bielefeld.de)
Receiving collagenase clostridium histolyticum4
- Talk to your doctor about the risks of receiving collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you are receiving collagenase Clostridium histolyticum to treat Dupuytren's contracture, your doctor will inject the medicine into a cord just under the skin in the affected hand. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you are receiving collagenase Clostridium histolyticum to treat Peyronie's disease, your doctor will inject the medicine into the plaque that is causing your penis to curve. (medlineplus.gov)
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving collagenase clostridium histolyticum? (cigna.com)
- To assess the importance of this methionine, we have expressed the catalytic domain of neutrophil collagenase (rHNC, residues Met80-Gly242) in the methionine auxotrophic Escherichia coli strain B834[DE3](hsd metB), with the two methionine residues replaced by Selenomethionine. (springer.com)
- Full-length recombinant human neutrophil pro-collagenase (MMP-8), latent form. (prospecbio.com)
- There was at least as much collagenase in the eosinophil-enriched extracts as in the neutrophil-enriched extracts. (auckland.ac.nz)
- Functional constituents of the active site of human neutrophil collagenase. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment: A Selective Agent for Wound Deb. (lww.com)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment is a sterile enzymatic debriding ointment which contains 250 collagenase units per gram of white petrolatum USP. (bioportfolio.com)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment is indicated for debriding chronic dermal ulcers and severely burned areas. (bioportfolio.com)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment is contraindicated in patients who have shown local or systemic hypersensitivity to collagenase. (bioportfolio.com)
- When it is suspected such materials have been used, the site should be carefully cleansed by repeated washings with normal saline before Collagenase Santyl Ointment is applied. (bioportfolio.com)
- Cleansing materials such as Dakin's solution and normal saline are compatible with Collagenase Santyl Ointment. (bioportfolio.com)
- A slight transient erythema has been noted occasionally in the surrounding tissue, particularly when Collagenase Santyl Ointment was not confined to the wound. (bioportfolio.com)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment should be applied once daily (or more frequently if the dressing becomes soiled, as from incontinence). (bioportfolio.com)
- When clinically indicated, crosshatching thick eschar with a #10 blade allows Collagenase Santyl Ointment more surface contact with necrotic debris. (bioportfolio.com)
- 1 - Prior to application the wound should be cleansed of debris and digested material by gently rubbing with a gauze pad saturated with normal saline solution, or with the desired cleansing agent compatible with Collagenase Santyl Ointment (See PRECAUTIONS ), followed by a normal saline solution rinse. (bioportfolio.com)
- The antibiotic should be applied to the wound prior to the application of Collagenase Santyl Ointment. (bioportfolio.com)
- Should the infection not respond, therapy with Collagenase Santyl Ointment should be discontinued until remission of the infection. (bioportfolio.com)
- 3 - Collagenase Santyl Ointment may be applied directly to the wound or to a sterile gauze pad which is then applied to the wound and properly secured. (bioportfolio.com)
- 4 - Use of Collagenase Santyl Ointment should be terminated when debridement of necrotic tissue is complete and granulation tissue is well established. (bioportfolio.com)
- Collagenase Santyl Ointment contains 250 units of collagenase enzyme per gram of white petrolatum USP. (bioportfolio.com)
- Collagenase santyl ointment 250 u/gm discount prices range from per pill or unit. (pharmacychecker.com)
- Before you buy Collagenase santyl ointment, compare the lowest discounted Collagenase santyl ointment prices at U.S. Pharmacies and international online pharmacies accredited through the PharmacyChecker Verification Program . (pharmacychecker.com)
- Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection is in a class of medications called enzymes. (medlineplus.gov)
- While this product is highly suited for preparation of pancreatic islets and islet cells, the tryptic activity of the collagenase medium can activate the zymogens of the digestive enzymes produced by pancreatic acinar cells. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Although we have identified the enzymes capable of effecting such destructive proteolysis, and considerable evidence indicates that tumour necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-1 are major pro-inflammatory mediators in joint destruction, we still know relatively little about how these mediators regulate collagenase gene expression in chondrocytes. (nih.gov)
- Collagenase - Collagénase Les collagénases sont des enzymes capables de rompre les liaisons peptidiques du collagène. (academic.ru)
- Since their initial discovery in the 1950s, collagenase enzymes now play a key role in modern scientific research. (agscientific.com)
- Today, collagenase enzymes are used for a wide range of scientific purposes. (agscientific.com)
- While wound healing is imperative when aiming to reduce the risk of infection, the applications of collagenase enzymes are far-reaching in regards to scientific research and discovery. (agscientific.com)
- In terms of cartilage, collagenases were the first of the matrix metalloproteinase enzymes (MME) to be used to better understand the process of cartilage destruction among patients with rheumatoid arthritis. (agscientific.com)
- From a panel of twenty three plant extracts, some one dozen exhibit high or satisfactory anti-collagenase or anti-elastase activities, with nine having inhibitory activity against both enzymes. (biomedcentral.com)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is available for Peyronie's disease only from a certified pharmacy under a special program called Xiaflex REMS. (cigna.com)
- XIAFLEX contains purified collagenase clostridium histolyticum, consisting of two microbial collagenases in a defined mass ratio, Collagenase AUX- I and Collagenase AUX-II, which are isolated and purified from the fermentation of Clostridium histolyticum bacteria. (rxlist.com)
- XIAFLEX is available in single-use, glass vials containing 0.9 mg of collagenase clostridium histolyticum. (rxlist.com)
- What are the possible side effects of collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex)? (rxlist.com)
- Injection with collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex®) is intended to provide a non-operative treatment option for fibroproliferative disorders. (bcbsnd.com)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) is the first FDA-approved nonsurgical option for the treatment of adult individuals with Dupuytren's contracture with a palpable cord. (bcbsnd.com)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) injections for Dupuytren's contracture should be administered by a healthcare provider experienced in injection procedures of the hand and certified in the *Xiaflex Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Program. (bcbsnd.com)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) and related procedures is considered experimental/investigational for all other indications and therefore non-covered. (bcbsnd.com)
- The injection of the corpora cavernosa with pharmacologic agent(s) (e.g., papaverine, phentolamine) may be considered medically necessary to determine where the injection of collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) should be administered on the penis. (bcbsnd.com)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex) injections for Peyronie's disease should be administered by a healthcare provider experienced in the treatment of male urological diseases and certified in the *Xiaflex Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Program. (bcbsnd.com)
Injection of collagenase clostridium1
- The use of intralesional injection of collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (CCH) has become a valid treatment option in the management of Peyronie's disease (PD). (urotoday.com)
- Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection is used to treat Dupuytren's contracture (a painless thickening and tightening of tissue [cord] beneath the skin in the palm of the hand, which may make it difficult to straighten one or more fingers) when a cord of tissue can be felt upon examination. (medlineplus.gov)
- Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection is also used to treat Peyronie's disease (a thickening of tissue [plaque] inside the penis that causes the penis to curve). (medlineplus.gov)
- Collagenase Impacts the Quantity and Quality of Native Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells Derived during Processing of Umbilical Cord Tissue. (harvard.edu)
- amsbio supplies a range of research grade Collagenase NB from Clostridium histolyticum suitable for various tissue isolation applications. (amsbio.com)
- Our Collagenase NB qualities are particularly suitable for various tissue isolation applications. (amsbio.com)
- no. 58050) can be used in ELISA and Western blot experiments, immunostaining of tissue and analysis of residual collagenase impurities in cell preparations. (amsbio.com)
- In all these cases, a subpopulation of tissue macrophages was found to be positive, while malignant cells showed a signal for M r 92,000 type IV collagenase in 6 of the squamous cell carcinomas but in none of the basal cell carcinomas. (aacrjournals.org)
- Bacterial collagenases are used in tissue disruption for cell harvesting. (academic.ru)
- That year, vertebrate collagenase was discovered in bullfrog tadpole tissue, followed by a vast number of collagenases in other samples of bacteria, amphibians, marine life, and mammals. (agscientific.com)
- For example, in 2013, the FDA approved Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (Cch), which has largely been utilized to study a nonoperative treatment for Peyronie's disease (PD) - which causes issues due to scar tissue. (agscientific.com)
- That is why ointments containing C. collagenase are often applied to wounds, assisting in the removal of necrotic tissue. (agscientific.com)
- Since this type of dead tissue prolongs the inflammatory stage and enhances bacterial growth, collagenase supports proactive healing. (agscientific.com)
- This collagenase, extracted from clostridium histolyticum, is used to break down the affected tissue cords. (egms.de)
- Light microscopy showed stromal tissue became less tight after collagenase exposure. (arvojournals.org)
- To test whether the immersion of the pancreas in solutions of 1 or 2 mg/mL of collagenase in 4°C for 24 hours, for the isolation of Langerhans islets, rises the yield of islets/grams of pancreatic tissue. (pucrs.br)
- We suggest that the immersion in solution of collagenase for longer time improves the process of digestion of pancreatic tissue, rising the yield of islets/ grams of pancreatic tissue. (pucrs.br)
- Collagenase, obtained from Clostridium histolyticum, is an enzyme used for tissue dissociation in vitro and thus for isolation of many different types of cells. (reportsnreports.com)
- Human fibroblast collagenase: glycosylation and tissue-specific levels of enzyme synthesis. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- Prior to US Food and Drug Administration approval of injectable collagenase, the standard of care was surgical fasciectomy, which in many cases can result in suboptimal treatment outcomes and a high recurrence rate. (springer.com)
- Injectable collagenase Clostridium histolyticum represents a novel, nonsurgical approach to the treatment of Dupuytren contracture. (springer.com)
- Phase 2 studies which confirmed the optimal dose of collagenase as 10,000 units (0.58 mg) showed injectable collagenase reduced contractures in metacarpophalangeal (MP) and proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joints to within 0-5° of normal after the last injection in a substantial number of joints and was well tolerated. (springer.com)
- Clinical results from phase 3 studies confirmed the efficacy and safety of injectable collagenase as a viable nonsurgical intervention for the treatment of patients with Dupuytren contracture, translating the observations made in the laboratory into the clinical setting. (springer.com)
- Efficacy and safety of injectable mixed collagenase subtypes in the treatment of Dupuytren's contracture. (springer.com)
- Gilpin D, Coleman S, Hall S, Houston A, Karrasch J, Jones N. Injectable collagenase clostridium histolyticum: a new nonsurgical treatment for Dupuytren's disease. (springer.com)
- Of the available nonsurgical options, injectable Clostridium histolyticum collagenase (CHC) has received recent clinical interest. (dovepress.com)
- As seen in various in vivo and in vitro tests, injectable forms of collagenase have been shown to promote wound healing. (agscientific.com)
- Transfection experiments of human OA chondrocytes were performed, with the plasmids -1599CAT and -133CAT consisting of 1.6 kb and the first proximal 133 bp containing polyomavirus enhancer A-3 (PEA-3), activating protein-1 (AP-1), and TATA box of the human collagenase-3 promoter, respectively. (jrheum.org)
- Of note, in OA chondrocytes, IL-17 and IL-1beta induced collagenase-3 production through AP-1 occurred with differential protein complexes: IL-17 stimulation resulted in FosB activation, while IL-1beta stimulated c-Fos. (jrheum.org)
- Data showed a strong activation of JunB only in cells showing a higher collagenase-3 basal level and low cytokine (IL-17 and IL-1beta) inducibility, suggesting this transcription factor protein acts as a negative regulator. (jrheum.org)
- CONCLUSION: We demonstrated that IL-17 and IL-1beta induced collagenase-3 production in OA chondrocytes mainly through AP-1 mediated transcriptional activity but with differential protein complexes, suggesting that some AP-1 proteins play a pivotal role in the different cytokine responses in terms of collagenase-3 production. (jrheum.org)
- Our data might suggest that JunB protein plays a rate-limiting step in cytokine induced collagenase-3 production in OA chondrocytes. (jrheum.org)
- Human collagenase-3 (MMP13) is a recently identified member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family that is expressed in breast carcinomas and in articular cartilage from arthritic patients. (fishersci.com)
- A secondary cleavage followed the initial cleavage produced by these recombinant collagenases. (jci.org)
Side effects of collagenase1
- What are some other side effects of Collagenase? (drugs.com)
- A variety of proteases have been implicated in angiogenesis, and collagenase and plasminogen activator have been suggested to play the important roles in degradation of the basement membrane. (nii.ac.jp)
- The identification, purification and characterisation of an inhibitor of collagenase (20K) produced by neoplastic epithelial cells. (biomedsearch.com)
- When these cells were incubated with 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA) they secreted an inhibitor of collagenase, which resulted in a net decrease of collagenolytic activity being detected in conditioned medium. (biomedsearch.com)
- The inhibitor was separated from collagenase by filtration through a YM30 membrane. (biomedsearch.com)
- This entailed comparing the effects of collagenase A and trypsin in the presence and absence of a Rho kinase inhibitor, Y-27632, on proliferation and tight junctional and cytoskeletal integrity during their expansion. (molvis.org)
- Human alveolar macrophages produce a fibroblast-like collagenase and collagenase inhibitor. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- Latent human PMN leucocyte collagenase (enzyme-inhibitor complex) was shown to require zinc for the property of being activatable by various disulfides [see Macartney, H.W. and Tschesche, H. (1980) FEBS Lett. (mysciencework.com)
Contains higher collagenase2
- Collagenase B, ACF contains higher collagenase and caseinase levels than Collagenase A and is intended for use in applications where it is necessary to prevent the introduction of potential animal-derived pathogens. (stemcell.com)
- This contains higher collagenase and caseinase activities than Type A. (innov-research.com)
Clostridium Histolyticum Injection1
- Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum injection comes as a powder to be mixed with a liquid and injected by a doctor. (medlineplus.gov)
- Macrophages in human plaques overexpress the three known MMP interstitial collagenases, MMP-1, MMP-8, and MMP-13. (jci.org)
- Collagenase A, ACF contains levels of proteolytic activity similar to type I and type II collagenases. (stemcell.com)
- collagenase - A proteolytic enzyme that acts on one or more of the collagens. (academic.ru)
- Crude preparation that contains several collagenases, a sulfhydryl protease, clostripain, and trypsin-like proteolytic activities. (emdmillipore.com)
- Collagenase is a protease consisting of a single polypeptide chain approximately 1,000 amino acid residues in length. (stemcell.com)
- Lewis W, Padilla-Martinez JP, Ortega-Martinez A, Franco W. Changes in endogenous UV fluorescence and biomechanical stiffness of bovine articular cartilage after collagenase digestion are strongly correlated. (harvard.edu)
Role of collagenases1
- Although some studies suggest that MMPs may mediate SMC migration through the collagenous matrix of plaques, 15-19 the in vivo role of collagenases in this context remains unproven. (ahajournals.org)
Effect of collagenase1
- Collagenase exposure does not decrease the interlamellar cohesive force in rabbit corneas, indicating that there is no significant effect of collagenase on interlamellar cohesion. (arvojournals.org)
- Aortic atheromata of both groups had similar sizes and numbers of macrophages, a major source of collagenases. (ahajournals.org)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is made from a mixture of proteins derived from a certain bacteria. (cigna.com)
- There is no information available on collagenase absorption through skin or its concentration in body fluids associated with therapeutic and/or toxic effects, degree of binding to plasma proteins, degree of uptake by a particular organ or in the fetus, and passage across the blood brain barrier. (bioportfolio.com)
- That induction was a direct consequence of interaction with the FnR was shown by the accumulation of mRNA for stromelysin and collagenase. (rupress.org)
- mRNA for the M r 92,000 type IV collagenase was present in all 9 squamous cell and in 3 of the 5 basal cell carcinomas. (aacrjournals.org)
- No mRNA for any of the 2 collagenases was detected in 3 biopsies of normal skin. (aacrjournals.org)
- Purpose] The purpose of this study is to establish a therapy for the liver cirrhosis by a transplantation of proliferative hepatocyte and administration of antisense for mRNA of collagenase. (nii.ac.jp)
- We prepared HVJ liposome using Sendai virus and phospholipid for transfection of antisense of collagenase-mRNA.Studies of investigation in analysis of fibrosing process of liver were still remained. (nii.ac.jp)
- Human Collagenase Type 1 ELISA Kit. (novusbio.com)
- HMF inhibited collagenase activity and increased type I procollagen content in UV-induced human dermal fibroblast neonatal (HDFn) cells. (mdpi.com)
- Using quantitative zymography, we measured activity of the type IV collagenases metalloprotease 2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9 in 192 biopsies from colorectal carcinomas, adenomas, and normal bowel. (aacrjournals.org)
- Both collagenase isoforms act on triple helical type I, II, III and IV collagens, but in slightly different modes of action. (amsbio.com)
- In all cases of infiltrating carcinomas of squamous cell (9 of 9) and basal cell (5 of 5) types, messenger RNA for the M r 72,000 type IV collagenase was present in numerous fibroblasts. (aacrjournals.org)
- The present findings are consistent with such a role of the M r 72,000 and 92,000 type IV collagenases in squamous and basal cell carcinomas in situ . (aacrjournals.org)
- We also examined theinhibitory mechanism of actinonin on angiogenesis, using capillary endothelial cells, and suggested that actinonin inhibited angiogenesis through the inhibition of type IV collagenase and that this enzyme was adominant enzyme in angiogenesis. (nii.ac.jp)
- In this study, we attempted to examine the correlation between the ability of the inhibition of type IV collagenase and angiogenesis inhibition, using actinonin and its derivatives, to determine whether this enzyme activity was important to angiogenesis. (nii.ac.jp)
- 20 post mortem New Zealand white rabbit corneas were divided into 4 groups: group 1(15 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5), group 2(10 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5),group 3(5 mg/ml collagenase type II with 15% dextran, N=5) and group 4(the control group,15% dextran, N=5). (arvojournals.org)
- Transfection experiments with wild-type -1599CAT and -133CAT and their mutated AP-1 or PEA-3 derivatives revealed that the AP-1 site was essential for basal and proinflammatory cytokine induced collagenase-3 promoter activity, whereas the PEA-3 motif exerted a cooperative effect. (jrheum.org)
- Bacteria-Derived Animal Free Collagenase Type B from Innovative Research has been prepared from cultures grown in medium completely devoid of animal based components. (innov-research.com)
- Anti-Collagenase polyclonal antibody from sheep (cat. (amsbio.com)
- The anti-ageing and anti-oxidant properties of 23 plant extracts (from 21 plant species) were assessed as anti-elastase and anti-collagenase activities and in selected anti-oxidant assays along with phenolic content. (biomedcentral.com)
- As research continued into the 1980s, it was found that several collagenases existed, ranging in molecular weight. (agscientific.com)
- The articular cartilage degradation that is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is believed to be mediated by the collagenase subfamily of matrix metalloproteinases. (nih.gov)
- In vitro studies have indicated that collagenases are involved in the degradation of the extracellular matrix during cancer invasion. (aacrjournals.org)
- Signal transduction through the fibronectin receptor induces collagenase and stromelysin gene expression. (rupress.org)
- Interleukin 17 (IL-17) induces collagenase-3 production in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes via AP-1 dependent activation: differential activation of AP-1 members by IL-17 and IL-1beta. (jrheum.org)
- Freije JM, Diez-Itza I, Balbin M, Sanchez LM, Blasco R, Tolivia J, Lopez-Otin C: Molecular cloning and expression of collagenase-3, a novel human matrix metalloproteinase produced by breast carcinomas. (drugbank.ca)
- Willmroth F, Peter HH, Conca W: A matrix metalloproteinase gene expressed in human T lymphocytes is identical with collagenase 3 from breast carcinomas. (drugbank.ca)
- 15 The major human interstitial collagenase, MMP-1, is secreted by a variety of mesenchymal and epithelial cell types. (ahajournals.org)
- Collagenase in human head and neck tumors and rat tumors and fibroblasts in monolayer cultures. (nii.ac.jp)
- Human peripheral blood lymphocytes incubated in culture for 1 to 3 days at 37 degree C, but not at 4 degree C, release a soluble factor which can stimulate, up to 400-fold, collagenase production by isolated, adherent, rheumatoid synovial cells. (sciencemag.org)
- At noncytotoxic concentrations, i.e. , concentrations lower than those normally used in cancer chemotherapy, the anthracycline doxorubicin specifically inhibited collagenase 1 (MMP-1) gene expression in the highly invasive and metastatic human melanoma cell line A2058. (aacrjournals.org)
- To better understand the role of collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in joint inflammation by investigating the consequences of transient overexpression of human collagenase-3 (matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13)), introduced by adenoviral gene delivery, in the mouse knee joint. (bmj.com)
- Electrophoretic mobility shift assays were done with the AP-1 and PEA-3 oligonucleotides derived from the human collagenase-3 promoter sequence. (jrheum.org)
- Production of collagenase by human osteoblasts and osteoclasts in vivo. (semanticscholar.org)
- The aim of the present study was to investigate the expression of collagenase in human bone in situ, using heterotopic and osteophytic bone. (semanticscholar.org)
- Activation of latent collagenase purified from human leukocytes. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- Collagenase in mineralized tissues of human teeth. (uni-bielefeld.de)
- Xiapex (Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum) Authorised In The European Union For Dupuytren's Contracture, Medical News Today, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, 3 March 2011.Accessed: 19 March 2011. (wikipedia.org)
- Collagenase clostridium histolyticum is used to treat Dupuytren's contracture in adults. (cigna.com)
- However, adhesion to covalently immobilized peptides containing the arg-gly-asp sequence that were derived from fibronectin, varying in size from hexapeptides up to 120 kD, induced collagenase and stromelysin gene expression. (rupress.org)
- Monoclonal antibodies to the FnR that block initial adhesion of fibroblasts to fibronectin induced the expression of genes encoding the secreted extracellular matrix-degrading metalloproteinases collagenase and stromelysin. (rupress.org)
- It is theorised that drugs interfering with matrix metalloproteinases, such as tetracyclines, anthracyclines, quinolones and anthraquinone derivatives, could reduce the efficacy of the collagenases, but no clinical evidence for such an interaction has been observed. (wikipedia.org)
- MBS703279 is a ready-to-use microwell, strip plate Sandwich ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) Kit for analyzing the presence of the matrix metallopeptidase 1 (interstitial collagenase) (MMP1) ELISA Kit target analytes in biological samples. (mybiosource.com)
- Collagenases cleave fibril collagens at neutral pH and play an important role in matrix remodeling. (biomedcentral.com)
Percutaneous needle fasciotomy1
- A future, randomised study should compare the results of collagenase injections and percutaneous needle fasciotomy. (egms.de)
- Efficacy of Combined Collagenase Clostridium histolyticum and RestoreX Penile Traction Therapy in Men with Peyronie's Disease. (urotoday.com)
- To assess the safety and efficacy of treatment with the RestoreX device plus collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (CCH) compared with CCH alone and CCH with other PTT devices. (urotoday.com)
- This post hoc analysis from a multicenter study (NCT01674634) was designed to evaluate the efficacy of collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (CCH) treatment in patients with different stages of Dupuytren contracture. (lu.se)
- Background: Although the efficacy of collagenase clostridium histolyticum (CCH) injections has been demonstrated by randomized clinical trials, the relative effectiveness of CCH remains uncertain. (eur.nl)
- In this study, we examined the efficacy of deferoxamine (DFX), an iron chelator, after collagenase-induced ICH in 12-month-old mice. (semanticscholar.org)
- Therefore, we were interested in whether genotoxic chemotherapy agents might be similarly able to preferentially alter the expression of the inducible collagenase 1 gene, thereby potentially altering tumor invasiveness. (aacrjournals.org)
- The metal ion requirement for activation of latent collagenase. (mysciencework.com)