Blood Vessel Prosthesis
Catheters inserted into various locations within the heart for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
The perforation of an anatomical region for the wearing of jewelry.
Spectrometry, X-Ray Emission
The spectrometric analysis of fluorescent X-RAYS, i.e. X-rays emitted after bombarding matter with high energy particles such as PROTONS; ELECTRONS; or higher energy X-rays. Identification of ELEMENTS by this technique is based on the specific type of X-rays that are emitted which are characteristic of the specific elements in the material being analyzed. The characteristic X-rays are distinguished and/or quantified by either wavelength dispersive or energy dispersive methods.
Schizosaccharomyces pombe Proteins
Proteins obtained from the species Schizosaccharomyces pombe. The function of specific proteins from this organism are the subject of intense scientific interest and have been used to derive basic understanding of the functioning similar proteins in higher eukaryotes.
Vagus Nerve Stimulation
An adjunctive treatment for PARTIAL EPILEPSY and refractory DEPRESSION that delivers electrical impulses to the brain via the VAGUS NERVE. A battery implanted under the skin supplies the energy.
The 10th cranial nerve. The vagus is a mixed nerve which contains somatic afferents (from skin in back of the ear and the external auditory meatus), visceral afferents (from the pharynx, larynx, thorax, and abdomen), parasympathetic efferents (to the thorax and abdomen), and efferents to striated muscle (of the larynx and pharynx).
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Devices or objects in various imaging techniques used to visualize or enhance visualization by simulating conditions encountered in the procedure. Phantoms are used very often in procedures employing or measuring x-irradiation or radioactive material to evaluate performance. Phantoms often have properties similar to human tissue. Water demonstrates absorbing properties similar to normal tissue, hence water-filled phantoms are used to map radiation levels. Phantoms are used also as teaching aids to simulate real conditions with x-ray or ultrasonic machines. (From Iturralde, Dictionary and Handbook of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging, 1990)
Electromagnetic waves with frequencies between about 3 kilohertz (very low frequency - VLF) and 300,000 megahertz (extremely high frequency - EHF). They are used in television and radio broadcasting, land and satellite communications systems, radionavigation, radiolocation, and DIATHERMY. The highest frequency radio waves are MICROWAVES.
The use of music as an adjunctive therapy in the treatment of neurological, mental, or behavioral disorders.
Ability to determine the specific location of a sound source.
The number of times the HEART VENTRICLES contract per unit of time, usually per minute.
Devices intended to replace non-functioning organs. They may be temporary or permanent. Since they are intended always to function as the natural organs they are replacing, they should be differentiated from PROSTHESES AND IMPLANTS and specific types of prostheses which, though also replacements for body parts, are frequently cosmetic (EYE, ARTIFICIAL) as well as functional (ARTIFICIAL LIMBS).
A method of hemostasis utilizing various agents such as Gelfoam, silastic, metal, glass, or plastic pellets, autologous clot, fat, and muscle as emboli. It has been used in the treatment of spinal cord and INTRACRANIAL ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONS, renal arteriovenous fistulas, gastrointestinal bleeding, epistaxis, hypersplenism, certain highly vascular tumors, traumatic rupture of blood vessels, and control of operative hemorrhage.
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Spectroscopic method of measuring the magnetic moment of elementary particles such as atomic nuclei, protons or electrons. It is employed in clinical applications such as NMR Tomography (MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING).
Orthodontic appliances, fixed or removable, used to maintain teeth in corrected positions during the period of functional adaptation following corrective treatment. These appliances are also used to maintain the positions of the teeth and jaws gained by orthodontic procedures. (From Zwemer, Boucher's Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed, p263)
Use of a balloon catheter for dilation of an occluded artery. It is used in treatment of arterial occlusive diseases, including renal artery stenosis and arterial occlusions in the leg. For the specific technique of BALLOON DILATION in coronary arteries, ANGIOPLASTY, BALLOON, CORONARY is available.
Newly assembled snRNPs associate with coiled bodies before speckles, suggesting a nuclear snRNP maturation pathway. (1/196)BACKGROUND: Small nuclear ribonucleoproteins (snRNPs), which are essential components of the mRNA splicing machinery, comprise small nuclear RNAs, each complexed with a set of proteins. An early event in the maturation of snRNPs is the binding of the core proteins - the Sm proteins - to snRNAs in the cytoplasm followed by nuclear import. Immunolabelling with antibodies against Sm proteins shows that splicing snRNPs have a complex steady-state localisation within the nucleus, the result of the association of snRNPs with several distinct subnuclear structures. These include speckles, coiled bodies and nucleoli, in addition to a diffuse nucleoplasmic compartment. The reasons for snRNP accumulation in these different structures are unclear. RESULTS: When mammalian cells were microinjected with plasmids encoding the Sm proteins B, D1 and E, each tagged with either the green fluorescent protein (GFP) or yellow-shifted GFP (YFP), a pulse of expression of the tagged proteins was observed. In each case, the newly synthesised GFP/YFP-labelled snRNPs accumulated first in coiled bodies and nucleoli, and later in nuclear speckles. Mature snRNPs localised immediately to speckles upon entering the nucleus after cell division. CONCLUSIONS: The complex nuclear localisation of splicing snRNPs results, at least in part, from a specific pathway for newly assembled snRNPs. The data demonstrate that the distribution of snRNPs between coiled bodies and speckles is directed and not random. (+info)
Interactions of U2 gene loci and their nuclear transcripts with Cajal (coiled) bodies: evidence for PreU2 within Cajal bodies. (2/196)The Cajal (coiled) body (CB) is a structure enriched in proteins involved in mRNA, rRNA, and snRNA metabolism. CBs have been shown to interact with specific histone and snRNA gene loci. To examine the potential role of CBs in U2 snRNA metabolism, we used a variety of genomic and oligonucleotide probes to visualize in situ newly synthesized U2 snRNA relative to U2 loci and CBs. Results demonstrate that long spacer sequences between U2 coding repeats are transcribed, supporting other recent evidence that U2 transcription proceeds past the 3' box. The presence of bright foci of this U2 locus RNA differed between alleles within the same nucleus; however, this did not correlate with the loci's association with a CB. Experiments with specific oligonucleotide probes revealed signal for preU2 RNA within CBs. PreU2 was also detected in the locus-associated RNA foci, whereas sequences 3' of preU2 were found only in these foci, not in CBs. This suggests that a longer primary transcript is processed before entry into CBs. Although this work shows that direct contact of a U2 locus with a CB is not simply correlated with RNA at that locus, it provides the first evidence of new preU2 transcripts within CBs. We also show that, in contrast to CBs, SMN gems do not associate with U2 gene loci and do not contain preU2. Because other evidence indicates that preU2 is processed in the cytoplasm before assembly into snRNPs, results point to an involvement of CBs in modification or transport of preU2 RNA. (+info)
Characterization of the nucleolar gene product, treacle, in Treacher Collins syndrome. (3/196)Treacher Collins syndrome (TCS) is an autosomal dominant disorder of craniofacial development caused by mutations in the gene TCOF1. Its gene product, treacle, consists mainly of a central repeat domain, which shows it to be structurally related to the nucleolar phosphoprotein Nopp140. Treacle remains mostly uncharacterized to date. Herein we show that it, like Nopp140, is a highly phosphorylated nucleolar protein. However, treacle fails to colocalize with Nopp140 to Cajal (coiled) bodies. As in the case of Nopp140, casein kinase 2 appears to be responsible for the unusually high degree of phosphorylation as evidenced by its coimmunoprecipitation with treacle. Based on these and other observations, treacle and Nopp140 exhibit distinct but overlapping functions. The majority of TCOF1 mutations in TCS lead to premature termination codons that could affect the cellular levels of the full-length treacle. We demonstrate however, that the cellular amount of treacle varies less than twofold among a collection of primary fibroblasts and lymphoblasts and regardless of whether the cells were derived from TCS patients or healthy individuals. Therefore, cells of TCS patients possess a mechanism to maintain wild-type levels of full-length treacle from a single allele. (+info)
Cell cycle-regulated phosphorylation of p220(NPAT) by cyclin E/Cdk2 in Cajal bodies promotes histone gene transcription. (4/196)Cyclin E/Cdk2 acts at the G1/S-phase transition to promote the E2F transcriptional program and the initiation of DNA synthesis. To explore further how cyclin E/Cdk2 controls S-phase events, we examined the subcellular localization of the cyclin E/Cdk2 interacting protein p220(NPAT) and its regulation by phosphorylation. p220 is localized to discrete nuclear foci. Diploid fibroblasts in Go and G1 contain two p220 foci, whereas S- and G2-phase cells contain primarily four p220 foci. Cells in metaphase and telophase have no detectable focus. p220 foci contain cyclin E and are coincident with Cajal bodies (CBs), subnuclear organelles that associate with histone gene clusters on chromosomes 1 and 6. Interestingly, p220 foci associate with chromosome 6 throughout the cell cycle and with chromosome 1 during S phase. Five cyclin E/Cdk2 phosphorylation sites in p220 were identified. Phospho-specific antibodies against two of these sites react with p220 within CBs in a cell cycle-specific manner. The timing of p220 phosphorylation correlates with the appearance of cyclin E in CBs at the G1/S boundary, and this phosphorylation is maintained until prophase. Expression of p220 activates transcription of the histone H2B promoter. Importantly, mutation of Cdk2 phosphorylation sites to alanine abrogates the ability of p220 to activate the histone H2B promoter. Collectively, these results strongly suggest that p220(NPAT) links cyclical cyclin E/Cdk2 kinase activity to replication-dependent histone gene transcription. (+info)
Mutational analysis of fibrillarin and its mobility in living human cells. (5/196)Cajal bodies (CBs) are subnuclear organelles that contain components of a number of distinct pathways in RNA transcription and RNA processing. CBs have been linked to other subnuclear organelles such as nucleoli, but the reason for the presence of nucleolar proteins such as fibrillarin in CBs remains uncertain. Here, we use full-length fibrillarin and truncated fibrillarin mutants fused to green fluorescent protein (GFP) to demonstrate that specific structural domains of fibrillarin are required for correct intranuclear localization of fibrillarin to nucleoli and CBs. The second spacer domain and carboxy terminal alpha-helix domain in particular appear to target fibrillarin, respectively, to the nucleolar transcription centers and CBs. The presence of the RNP domain seems to be a prerequisite for correct targeting of fibrillarin. Time-lapse confocal microscopy of human cells that stably express fibrillarin-GFP shows that CBs fuse and split, albeit at low frequencies. Recovered fluorescence of fibrillarin-GFP in nucleoli and CBs after photobleaching indicates that it is highly mobile in both organelles (estimated diffusion constant approximately 0.02 microm(2) s(-1)), and has a significantly larger mobile fraction in CBs than in nucleoli. (+info)
Self-association of coilin reveals a common theme in nuclear body localization. (6/196)We have found that coilin, the marker protein for Cajal bodies (coiled bodies, CBs), is a self-interacting protein, and we have mapped the domain responsible for this activity to the amino-terminus. Together with a nuclear localization signal, the self-interaction domain is necessary and sufficient for localization to CBs. Overexpression of various wild-type and mutant coilin constructs in HeLa cells results in disruption of both CBs and survival motor neurons (SMN) gems. Additionally, we have identified a cryptic nucleolar localization signal (NoLS), within the coilin protein, which may be exposed in specific coilin phospho-isoforms. The implications of these findings are discussed in light of the fact that other proteins known to localize within nuclear bodies (e. g., PML, SMN and Sam68) can also self-associate. Thus protein self-interaction appears to be a general feature of nuclear body marker proteins. (+info)
In vivo analysis of Cajal body movement, separation, and joining in live human cells. (7/196)Cajal bodies (also known as coiled bodies) are subnuclear organelles that contain specific nuclear antigens, including splicing small nuclear ribonucleoproteins (snRNPs) and a subset of nucleolar proteins. Cajal bodies are localized in the nucleoplasm and are often found at the nucleolar periphery. We have constructed a stable HeLa cell line, HeLa(GFP-coilin), that expresses the Cajal body marker protein, p80 coilin, fused to the green fluorescent protein (GFP-coilin). The localization pattern and biochemical properties of the GFP-coilin fusion protein are identical to the endogenous p80 coilin. Time-lapse recordings on 63 nuclei of HeLa(GFP-coilin) cells showed that all Cajal bodies move within the nucleoplasm. Movements included translocations through the nucleoplasm, joining of bodies to form larger structures, and separation of smaller bodies from larger Cajal bodies. Also, we observed Cajal bodies moving to and from nucleoli. The data suggest that there may be at least two classes of Cajal bodies that differ in their size, antigen composition, and dynamic behavior. The smaller size class shows more frequent and faster rates of movement, up to 0.9 microm/min. The GFP-coilin protein is dynamically associated with Cajal bodies as shown by changes in their fluorescence intensity over time. This study reveals an unexpectedly high level of movement and interactions of nuclear bodies in human cells and suggests that these movements may be driven, at least in part, by regulated mechanisms. (+info)
Replication-dependent histone gene expression is related to Cajal body (CB) association but does not require sustained CB contact. (8/196)Interactions between Cajal bodies (CBs) and replication-dependent histone loci occur more frequently than for other mRNA-encoding genes, but such interactions are not seen with all alleles at a given time. Because CBs contain factors required for transcriptional regulation and 3' end processing of nonpolyadenylated replication-dependent histone transcripts, we investigated whether interaction with CBs is related to metabolism of these transcripts, known to vary during the cell cycle. Our experiments revealed that a locus containing a cell cycle-independent, replacement histone gene that produces polyadenylated transcripts does not preferentially associate with CBs. Furthermore, modest but significant changes in association levels of CBs with replication-dependent histone loci mimic their cell cycle modulations in transcription and 3' end processing rates. By simultaneously visualizing replication-dependent histone genes and their nuclear transcripts for the first time, we surprisingly find that the vast majority of loci producing detectable RNA foci do not contact CBs. These studies suggest some link between CB association and unusual features of replication-dependent histone gene expression. However, sustained CB contact is not a requirement for their expression, consistent with our observations of U7 snRNP distributions. The modest correlation to gene expression instead may reflect transient gene signaling or the nucleation of small CBs at gene loci. (+info)
Coilin is essential for Cajal body organization in Drosophila melanogaster. - Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics ...
Cajal bodies (CBs) are nuclear organelles that occur in a variety of organisms, including vertebrates, insects, and plants. They are most often identified with antibodies against the marker protein coilin. Because the amino acid sequence of coilin is not strongly conserved evolutionarily, coilin orthologues have been difficult to recognize by homology search. Here, we report the identification of Drosophila melanogaster coilin and describe its distribution in tissues of the fly. Surprisingly, we found coilin not only in CBs but also in histone locus bodies (HLBs), calling into question the use of coilin as an exclusive marker for CBs. We analyzed two null mutants in the coilin gene and a piggyBac insertion mutant, which leads to specific loss of coilin from the germline. All three mutants are homozygous viable and fertile. Cells that lack coilin also lack distinct foci of other CB markers, including fibrillarin, the survival motor neuron (SMN) protein, U2 small nuclear RNA (snRNA), U5 snRNA, and the
TELOMERASE RNA LOCALIZED IN THE REPLICATION BAND AND SPHERICAL SUBNUCLEAR ORGANELLES IN HYPOTRICHOUS CILIATES | CU Experts | CU...
TELOMERASE RNA LOCALIZED IN THE REPLICATION BAND AND SPHERICAL SUBNUCLEAR ORGANELLES IN HYPOTRICHOUS CILIATES Journal Article ...
WRAP53 is essential for Cajal body formation and for targeting the survival of motor neuron complex to Cajal bodies. - PubMed ...
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Coilin phosphorylation mediates interaction with SMN and SmB′ | SpringerLink
Cajal bodies (CBs) are subnuclear domains that participate in spliceosomal small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (snRNP) biogenesis and play a part in the assembly of the spliceosomal complex. The CB marker
anti-Gem (Nuclear Organelle) Associated Protein 4 Primary Antibodies
Reaktivität: Rind (Kuh), Hund, Meerschweinchen and more. 54 verschiedene GEMIN4 Antikörper vergleichen. Alle direkt auf antikörper-online bestellbar!
Some Virus Essentials with Fibrillarin « FAROUCHE OMBRÉ
Fibrillarin is thought to shuttle between the nucleolus and the cytoplasm of complicated Cajal bodies (CBs) and interchromatin granule clusters (IGCs) in oocytes , shared with a COOH-terminal P40 capsid protein encoded with HSV1. The coiled body is a nuclear organelle that contains snRNPs involved in splicing, in both animal and plant cells can undergo…
GEMIN5 Gene - GeneCards | GEMI5 Protein | GEMI5 Antibody
Complete information for GEMIN5 gene (Protein Coding), Gem Nuclear Organelle Associated Protein 5, including: function, proteins, disorders, pathways, orthologs, and expression. GeneCards - The Human Gene Compendium
GEMIN8 Gene - GeneCards | GEMI8 Protein | GEMI8 Antibody
Complete information for GEMIN8 gene (Protein Coding), Gem Nuclear Organelle Associated Protein 8, including: function, proteins, disorders, pathways, orthologs, and expression. GeneCards - The Human Gene Compendium
Biomedicines | Free Full-Text | Aspirin Prevention of Colorectal Cancer: Focus on NF-κB Signalling and the Nucleolus
Overwhelming evidence indicates that aspirin and related non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have anti-tumour activity and the potential to prevent cancer, particularly colorectal cancer. However, the mechanisms underlying this effect remain hypothetical. Dysregulation of the nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-κB) transcription factor is a common event in many cancer types which contributes to tumour initiation and progression by driving expression of pro-proliferative/anti-apoptotic genes. In this review, we will focus on the current knowledge regarding NSAID effects on the NF-κB signalling pathway in pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions, and the evidence that these effects contribute to the anti-tumour activity of the agents. The nuclear organelle, the nucleolus, is emerging as a central regulator of transcription factor activity and cell growth and death. Nucleolar function is dysregulated in the majority of cancers which promotes cancer growth through direct and indirect mechanisms. Hence, this
PDF Protein condensation
In this study, we describe a fluorescence lifetime imaging approach for real-time monitoring of protein condensation in nuclear organelles of.
TBX22 protein (human) - STRING interaction network
Nuclear autoantigen Sp-100; Together with PML, this tumor suppressor is a major constituent of the PML bodies, a subnuclear organelle involved in a large number of physiological processes including cell growth, differentiation and apoptosis. Functions as a transcriptional coactivator of ETS1 and ETS2 according to PubMed-11909962. Under certain conditions, it may also act as a corepressor of ETS1 preventing its binding to DNA according to PubMed-15247905. Through the regulation of ETS1 it may play a role in angiogenesis, controlling endothelial cell motility and invasion. Through intera [...] (885 aa ...
Coilin小鼠单克隆抗体[IH10](ab87913)可与人样本反应并经WB, IP, IHC, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF实验严格验证，被3篇文献引用并得到1个独立的用户反馈。
タンパク質構造疾患研究チーム 研究員募集（W19221) | 採用情報 | 理化学研究所 脳神経科学研究センター（理研CBS）
理化学研究所 脳神経科学研究センター タンパク質構造疾患研究チームでは研究員を募集しています。
The assembly of a spliceosomal small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - The assembly of a spliceosomal small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle. AU - Patel, Snehal Bhikhu. AU - Bellini, Michel. PY - 2008/11/28. Y1 - 2008/11/28. N2 - The U1, U2, U4, U5 and U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles (snRNPs) are essential elements of the spliceosome, the enzyme that catalyzes the excision of introns and the ligation of exons to form a mature mRNA. Since their discovery over a quarter century ago, the structure, assembly and function of spliceosomal snRNPs have been extensively studied. Accordingly, the functions of splicing snRNPs and the role of various nuclear organelles, such as Cajal bodies (CBs), in their nuclear maturation phase have already been excellently reviewed elsewhere. The aim of this review is, then, to briefly outline the structure of snRNPs and to synthesize new and exciting developments in the snRNP biogenesis pathways.. AB - The U1, U2, U4, U5 and U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles (snRNPs) are essential elements of the ...
Gemin2 - gem nuclear organelle associated protein 2 | International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium
Get highlights of the most important data releases, news and events, delivered straight to your email inbox. Subscribe to newsletter ...
Plants, their organelles, viruses and transgenes reveal the mechanisms and relevance of post‐transcriptional processes Leysin,...
Confocal microscopy and in situ hybridization procedures have led to enormous progress in the visualization of the spatial organization and dynamics of transcription and RNA‐processing machinery in eukaryotic cells. It is well established that the nucleus is a highly organized structure composed of many different territories, subdomains and organelles (Lamond and Earnshaw, 1998). A state‐of‐the‐art account of the nuclear architecture of plant cells was given by P.Shaw (John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK). Mapping of the RNA polymerase I transcription and rRNA processing sites, using different pre‐rRNA, snoRNA and nucleolar protein probes, indicates that the plant cell nucleolus is organized as a series of concentric layers in which transcription and successive rRNA processing reactions occur. As in vertebrate cells, plant cells contain coiled bodies (CBs), nuclear organelles of still poorly defined function. Since CB components include several small RNAs, and also proteins related to ...
Effectiveness of the Whos Challenging Who support staff training intervention to improve attitudes and empathy towards...
Individuals with intellectual disability (ID) often engage in behaviours that are labelled as challenging (challenging behaviours; CB). CBs are actions that may place the individual at risk of harm or exclusion, or may place other people (e.g. carers) at risk of harm . Thus, CBs are defined socially, in terms of their impact. Behaviours labelled as challenging typically include actions such as anger and aggression, self-injurious behaviours (e.g. self-biting, hitting body parts against objects, scratching and gouging), destruction of property, and inappropriate or risky social behaviour. CBs are, by definition, a significant challenge for services and impact negatively on the quality of life of people with ID. CBs are also related to risk of abusive practices (cf. Winterbourne View scandal exposed by BBC Panorama), increased carer stress [2, 3], and high cost of support services . High quality epidemiological research suggests that 18-19% of adults with ID known to services engage in CB ...
RNAi knockdown of hPrp31 leads to an accumulation of U4/U6 di‐snRNPs in Cajal bodies | The EMBO Journal
This work combines (i) an siRNA‐based biochemical analysis of RNA and protein constituents of the tri‐snRNP in vivo with (ii) the use of fluorescence microscopy to locate these constituents in the nucleus. Our initial finding is that when the cells are depleted of hPrp31 or hPrp6 protein by RNAi knockdown, the formation of U4/U6.U5 tri‐snRNP is inhibited, and stable U4/U6 di‐snRNPs and U5 snRNPs accumulate in the cell (Figure 2). This demonstrates for the first time in vivo that the U4/U6 protein hPrp31 is essential for the interaction of the U4/U6 di‐snRNP with the 20S U5 snRNP, and is consistent with previous studies performed in vitro (Makarova et al, 2002). A similar property must also now be ascribed to the U5 protein hPrp6 which, like the hPrp31 protein, is essential for the stability of the tri‐snRNP in vivo. It is known from two‐hybrid analyses that hPrp31 and hPrp6 bind strongly and specifically to one another (Makarova et al, 2002), and we therefore consider it likely ...
Difference between revisions of Hebert:Publications - OpenWetWare
2010 Velma V., Carrero Z., Cosman M., Hebert M.D. Coilin interacts with Ku proteins and inhibits in vitro non-homologous DNA end joining. FEBS Lett. 2010 Dec 1;584(23):4735-9. Epub 2010 Nov 9.PMID: 21070772  Hebert MD. Phosphorylation and the Cajal body: modification in search of function. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010 Apr 15;496(2):69-76. Epub 2010 Mar 1. Review. PubMed PMID: 20193656; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2850958. ...
Gene Ontology Classifications
Predicted to have protein C-terminus binding activity; protein N-terminus binding activity; and transcription coregulator activity. Involved in in utero embryonic development. Predicted to localize to Cajal body; Gemini of coiled bodies; and cytoplasm. Is expressed in inner cell mass. Orthologous to human NPAT (nuclear protein, coactivator of histone transcription ...
Of coilin and Cajal bodies | Journal of Cell Biology | Rockefeller University Press
When they studied cells derived from the mutant mice, they found what they term residual CBs. These foci contain some of the typical proteins found in CBs, but they fail to stain brightly when treated with silver, and lack two complexes that are normally prominent components of CBs: snRNPs and the SMN (survival motor neuron) protein complex. The authors conclude that coilin is necessary for recruiting these factors to CBs. Indeed, when they transiently expressed wild-type coilin in the mutant cells, bodies formed that contain both the previously missing factors. ▪. ...
Mutagenetix > Incidental...
FUNCTION: [Summary is not available for the mouse gene. This summary is for the human ortholog.] The protein encoded by this gene is a specific nucleolar component of the spliceosomal small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (snRNP)complexes . It specifically associates with U1, U2, U4, U5, and U6 small nuclear RNAs (snRNAs), possibly coordinating their transition through the nucleolus. Mutation in this gene causes alopecia, progressive neurological defects, and endocrinopathy (ANE syndrome), a pleiotropic and clinically heterogeneous disorder. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009 ...
Dr. Loges - aminoLoges®
Less fatigue, more power. This special combination of body-specific building materials (essential amino acids) has been specially developed for athletes.
Aging Associated Changes In The Body
Ageing is an obvious process, which is not under our control, but we all want to prevent it. There are various body components, which act as anti-ageing agents, but their underproduction may lead to early aging. Human body is quite intricate with various balanced and complex chemical reactions that sustain life and growth. Here, we have discussed some of the changes that...
Association of Genetic Variants of Small Non-Coding RNAs with Survival in Colorectal Cancer
1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer Statistics, 2017. CA Cancer J Clin. 2017;67:7-30 2. Schmoll HJ, Van Cutsem E, Stein A. et al. ESMO Consensus Guidelines for management of patients with colon and rectal cancer. a personalized approach to clinical decision making. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:2479-516 3. Taft RJ, Pang KC, Mercer TR. et al. Non-coding RNAs: regulators of disease. J Pathol. 2010;220:126-39 4. Ambros V. The functions of animal microRNAs. Nature. 2004;431:350-5 5. Cavaille J, Nicoloso M, Bachellerie JP. Targeted ribose methylation of RNA in vivo directed by tailored antisense RNA guides. Nature. 1996;383:732-5 6. Ganot P, Bortolin ML, Kiss T. Site-specific pseudouridine formation in preribosomal RNA is guided by small nucleolar RNAs. Cell. 1997;89:799-809 7. Ender C, Krek A, Friedlander MR. et al. A human snoRNA with microRNA-like functions. Mol Cell. 2008;32:519-28 8. Darzacq X, Jady BE, Verheggen C. et al. Cajal body-specific small nuclear RNAs: a novel class of 2-O-methylation and ...
Amyloids assemble as part of recognizable structures during oogenesis in Xenopus | Biology Open
When thio-T was added to GVs isolated from stage V or VI oocytes staining was essentially instantaneous (Movie 1). Both the pattern and number of amyloid-positive particles detected replicated the results seen with sectioned ovary (Fig. 2B, Fig. 1). GVs contain an actin-rich meshwork and numerous non-membrane bound multi-protein complexes associated with critical cellular processes (Feric and Brangwynne, 2013; Handwerger et al., 2005; Kiseleva et al., 2004; Mao et al., 2011; Mohamad and Boden, 2010). These complexes include: nucleoli, where RNA polymerase I transcribes and processes the RNA encoded by rRNA genes; nuclear speckles, that serve as centers for mRNA processing (Spector and Lamond, 2011); histone locus bodies, that are involved in the transcription and processing of histone gene mRNA by RNA polymerase II; and pearls, that coordinate RNA polymerase III transcription (Nizami and Gall, 2012). These particles can be identified by characteristic size, morphology, and the presence of ...
Cajal cells | definition of Cajal cells by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of Cajal cells in the Medical Dictionary? Cajal cells explanation free. What is Cajal cells? Meaning of Cajal cells medical term. What does Cajal cells mean?
Black treacle | definition of black treacle by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of black treacle in the Medical Dictionary? black treacle explanation free. What is black treacle? Meaning of black treacle medical term. What does black treacle mean?
Management of cerebral palsy - Wikipedia
Over time, the approach to cerebral palsy management has shifted away from narrow attempts to fix individual physical problems - such as spasticity in a particular limb - to making such treatments part of a larger goal of maximizing the persons independence and community engagement. Much of childhood therapy is aimed at improving gait and walking. Approximately 60% of people with CP are able to walk independently or with aids at adulthood. However, the evidence base for the effectiveness of intervention programs reflecting the philosophy of independence has not yet caught up: effective interventions for body structures and functions have a strong evidence base, but evidence is lacking for effective interventions targeted toward participation, environment, or personal factors. There is also no good evidence to show that an intervention that is effective at the body-specific level will result in an improvement at the activity level, or vice versa. Although such cross-over benefit might happen, ...
ABC, CBS Networks Reportedly Upset With A&E for Reinstating Phil Robertson to Duck Dynasty Following Gay Comments
Executives at top TV Networks ABC and CBS are said to be "upset" over A&E "caving in" to "Duck Dynasty" supporters and reinstating Phil Robertson to the show, after it had earlier suspended him for comments he made about homosexuality in GQ magazine.
Wading Through Treacle: The limited market for well-meaning and earnest
So here are a few of my favourite things. Your author with what turns out to be a fake bull today --- And then theres the tren ...
Gemin 4抗体|Abcam中国|Anti-Gemin 4抗体(ab70750)
Gemin 4兔多克隆抗体(ab70750)可与人样本反应并经WB, IP, IHC实验严格验证。中国75%以上现货，所有产品均提供质保服务，可通过电话、电邮或微信获得本地专属技术支持。
Shows A-Z - how to be a gentleman on cbs | TheFutonCritic.com
how to be a gentleman on cbs - TheFutonCritic.com has how to be a gentleman news, listings, dvds, episode guides and more for how to be a gentleman
Santiago Ramón y Cajal : définition de Santiago Ramón y Cajal et synonymes de Santiago Ramón y Cajal (anglais)
Définitions de Santiago Ramón y Cajal, synonymes, antonymes, dérivés de Santiago Ramón y Cajal, dictionnaire analogique de Santiago Ramón y Cajal (anglais)
Timothy Nott | New College
Phase transitions are found everywhere in nature, and I am interested in understanding how living cells harness them to generate chemically distinct subcellular environments. Whereas 2D phase transitions are thought to organise the membranes that encapsulate organelles such as lysosomes, endosomes, and the endoplasmic reticulum, 3D liquid-liquid phase transitions produce membraneless organelles such as nucleoli, Cajal bodies, P-granules and nuage. These membraneless organelles behave as tiny liquid droplets suspended inside the cell, and can rapidly condense and dissolve with changes in the cell-cycle, or in response to stresses such as viral infection. I am particularly interested in uncovering the molecular details of how membraneless organelles are formed in cells, and in how the unique solvent environment of their interior influences biochemical reactions.. ...
The importance of interstitial cells of cajal in the gastrointestinal tract.
Gastrointestinal (GI) motility function and its regulation is a complex process involving collaboration and communication of multiple cell types such as enteric neurons, interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC), and smooth muscle cells. Recent advances in G
Electrophysiology laboratories - Unidad de Arritmias - Hospital Ramón y Cajal
En la Unidad de Arritmias del Hospital Ramón y Cajal, dirigida por el Doctor Javier Moreno, disponemos de un equipo multidisciplinar de cardiólogos, pediatras y anestesistas.
1967 Chevrolet Camaro Parts | Body Components | Hardware | Classic Industries
Classic Industries offers a wide selection of 1967 Chevrolet Camaro parts, including 1967 Chevrolet Camaro interior parts and soft trim, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro exterior sheet metal, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro moldings, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro emblems, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed for installation.
How to massage your possum | Cadaver and Treacle
Damn! When I read this videos description was how to give your possum a proper massage, I thought it was a porn video. Fooled again; but it is an unintentionally hilarious video. Tip: Dont forget to lubricate your possums tail from the base to the tip with slow steady strokes 3-4 times a week.
Email Rules for 2011 | Cadaver and Treacle
Hey, Fellow Emailers: Prepare to be offended. But if you got this its because I think you can take it. There are NO SACRED COWS. Some are friends. Some are relatives, some are acquaintances. Some are getting this because youve done one of the things listed below and I know you know better. Others because…
Underlying ALS May Be Problems in Single Protein Called Gemin3, Study Suggests
Gemin3 may link the varied proteins with known connection to ALS, suggesting a common pathway in this disease and, possibly, a treatment for many patients.
Evidence for BLM and Topoisomerase IIIα interaction in genomic stability<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Evidence for BLM and Topoisomerase IIIα interaction in genomic stability. AU - Hu, Peng. AU - Beresten, Sergey F.. AU - Van Brabant, Anja. AU - Ye, Tian Zhang. AU - Pandolfi, Pier Paolo. AU - Johnson, F. Brad. AU - Guarente, Leonard. AU - Ellis, Nathan A.. PY - 2001/6/1. Y1 - 2001/6/1. N2 - The genomic instability of persons with Blooms syndrome (BS) features particularly an increased number of sister-chromatid exchanges (SCEs). The primary cause of the genomic instability is mutation at BLM, which encodes a DNA helicase of the RecQ family. BLM interacts with Topoisomerase IIIα (Topo IIIα), and both BLM and Topo IIIα localize to the nuclear organelles referred to as the promyelocytic leukemia protein (PML) nuclear bodies. In this study we show, by analysis of cells that express various deletion constructs of green fluorescent protein (GFP)-tagged BLM, that the first 133 amino acids of BLM are necessary and sufficient for interaction between Topo IIIα and BLM. The Topo ...
Mutational analysis of centrin: an EF-hand protein associated with three distinct contractile fibers in the basal body...
Centrin, a 20-kD phosphoprotein with four calcium-binding EF-hands, is present in the centrosome/basal body apparatus of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii in three distinct locations: the nucleus-basal body connectors, the distal striated fibers, and the flagellar transition regions. In each location, centrin is found in fibrous structures that display calcium-mediated contraction. The mutant vfl2 has structural defects at all of these locations and is defective for basal body localization and/or segregation. We show that the vfl2 mutation is a G-to-A transition in the centrin structural gene which converts a glutamic acid to a lysine at position 101, the first amino acid of the E-helix of the proteins third EF-hand. This proves that centrin is required to construct the nucleus-basal body connectors, the distal striated fibers, and the flagellar transition regions, and it demonstrates the importance of amino acid 101 to normal centrin function. Based on immunofluorescence analysis using ...
CLNS1A - Methylosome subunit pICln - Homo sapiens (Human) - CLNS1A gene & protein
Involved in both the assembly of spliceosomal snRNPs and the methylation of Sm proteins (PubMed:21081503, PubMed:18984161). Chaperone that regulates the assembly of spliceosomal U1, U2, U4 and U5 small nuclear ribonucleoproteins (snRNPs), the building blocks of the spliceosome. Thereby, plays an important role in the splicing of cellular pre-mRNAs. Most spliceosomal snRNPs contain a common set of Sm proteins SNRPB, SNRPD1, SNRPD2, SNRPD3, SNRPE, SNRPF and SNRPG that assemble in a heptameric protein ring on the Sm site of the small nuclear RNA to form the core snRNP. In the cytosol, the Sm proteins SNRPD1, SNRPD2, SNRPE, SNRPF and SNRPG are trapped in an inactive 6S pICln-Sm complex by the chaperone CLNS1A that controls the assembly of the core snRNP. Dissociation by the SMN complex of CLNS1A from the trapped Sm proteins and their transfer to an SMN-Sm complex triggers the assembly of core snRNPs and their transport to the nucleus. May also indirectly participate in cellular volume control by activation
Treacle = Molasses | Treacle And Ink
Treacle and Ink, for those of you who dont know, is a reference to Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland. To be a bit more specific, it actually comes from Through the Looking-Glass. One of my favorite movies when I was a child was the 1985 two-part made for TV version, of both Alice in Wonderland…
The renewal of the Cajal Institute. In late 1969 and early 1970 the traditional fields of Anatomy, Physiology and Psychiatry, among other disciplines related to the study of the brain and its diseases, experienced an unprecedented growth that resulted in the emergence of a new science that was made known under the name of Neuroscience. This new discipline was consolidated mainly due to the advances of molecular biology, electrophysiology, pharmacology and pathology among others. The study of the nervous system became a multidisciplinary task encompassing how many specialties that could be used to understand the functioning of the brain. A good example of this was the creation and development of societies and associations that proliferated in practically all countries interested in the cultivation of Neurobiology. The scientific literature was not far behind, and just as in the early 1960s it was difficult to find beyond half a dozen major journals where to publish Neurobiology (perhaps a couple ...
Treacle - Everything2.com
The common name in the UK for molasses. Treacle is the dark sticky sweet goo that results from the boiled-down sugar cane juice left after the process o...
Chrysler Breeze Parts | Body Components | Vinyl Top | Classic
Classic Industries offers a wide selection of Chrysler Breeze parts, including Chrysler Breeze interior parts and soft trim, Chrysler Breeze exterior sheet metal, Chrysler Breeze moldings, Chrysler Breeze emblems, Chrysler Breeze weatherstrip and unique accessories, to nearly every nut and bolt needed for installation.
Wading Through Treacle: Power starvation
You can charge a tablet from a 1A phone charger - but it takes twice as long; you can charge a phone from a 2.1A tablet charger - the extra current capacity makes no difference and cant be used by the phone - but its perfectly safe ...
The Sense Of An Ending - Treacle Heart
APOCALYPSE / the diagnosis a cigarette behind the garden shed the smell of rotting fruit the sleeping in separate beds the door slam the
Fay Bound Alberti
ISBN 978-0-19-160917-6. This Mortal Coil: The Human Body in History and Culture. Oxford University Press. 2016. ISBN 978-0-19- ... This Mortal Coil: The Human Body in History and Culture (2016), and A Biography of Loneliness: the history of an Emotion. A ... This Mortal Coil was shortlisted for the BSHS Dingle Prize. Until 2019 Bound Alberti was part of the History Girls blogging ... Bound Alberti appeared on BBC Radio 3's Free Thinking to discuss This Mortal Coil in 2016 and on BBC Radio 4's In Our Time to ...
Or that the body does not die, but drops its coil? If one says that the body dies, and the spirit is lost, there is no ... "mortal body", "When the mortal body dies, that is wearing out; when the mortal body lives, that is accomplishment. Only by ... dead body", shi 尸 can sometimes mean "body, mortal body"-particularly in shijie contexts. Joseph Needham translates shijie as " ... And if one believes that the body does not die, but throws off its coil, one must admit that the bones and the flesh of all the ...
Washburn RR-V Tour Series
The body was available in white with red stripes diagonally across. RR-40 - The top model. Featured a triple coil humbucker, ... RR-2 - Featured an Alnico split-coil humbucker, 2 single-coil pickups, 3 individual pickup selectors, and Grover machine heads ... The body was available in either solid white or red with black stripes painted diagonally across. RR-12 - Similar to the RR-11 ... The body was available in one solid colour, most commonly black. RR-11 - Featured upgraded Washburn branded EMG pickups. ...
They are actually rather timid, and often hide their heads within their coiled bodies for protection. When in this posture, ... These phases may not be seen in all parts of the body at the same time. Since kraits are nocturnal, they seldom encounter ...
When threatened, it may respond by coiling its body and displaying its fangs. Individuals may bite when feeling threatened or ... "body blows". Also called body-bridging, this is a specific defensive behavior against ophiophagous snakes, first observed in ... Total length, per one study of adults, was 65 to 90 cm (26 to 35 in). Average body mass has been found to be 292.5 to 579.6 g ( ... They take advantage when bodies of water begin to dry up in the summer or early fall and gorge themselves on the resulting high ...
Adi-Shesha coils himself around Aravan, becomes his flesh and restores his body. To fulfil the second boon, Krishna ... Aravan's body from the neck downwards is then covered with a bloodstained white cloth. Finally, blood-soaked rice is sprinkled ... Aravan's head is fixed on the post, with his large epaulettes and chest plate fixed to his body, which is made of straw and ... Alambusha's body, however, reconstitutes itself. Then Iravan assumes the form of the serpent Shesha (Ananta), and his serpent ...
When agitated, it will coil up with its head concealed and body flattened, and makes jerky movements. It may also lift its tail ... It often rolls its body into a loose, coiled ball, keeping its head well concealed. When in this 'balled' condition, the snake ... The body is cylindrical, tapering towards the tail. The tail is short and rounded. The eyes are rather small, with rounded ...
... coiling body Hanare: Appears in episode 12. Powers include body levitation, part separation, teleportation, a circular energy ... concept erasing rocks, black hole body, and an energy beam. Hito: Appears in episode 14. It has no known powers. Teki: Appears ... Natsu: Appears in episode 5. Powers include low body temperature, ice blast, and icicle spawning. Dan: Appears in episodes 6 ... Powers include electric shocks, disabling electronics, and a magnetic net around the body. Subete: Appears in episodes 24 and ...
They have partly hollow bodies with F-holes and two single-coil Blues 90 pickups. The Nighthawk 2009 was a limited edition ... The Nighthawk's body is closer in mass to a Fender guitar than a typical Gibson Les Paul, and the string-through-body bridge is ... a Gold Blade single-coil, and a splittable BurstBucker 2). The five-way selector switch plus the coil-splitting option provide ... The headstock, body, and neck are bound, and the neck has crown-shaped inlays + ebony fretboard. The color options were antique ...
Hawkes 1985:198); "They lined water monsters up to join them in the dance: How their bodies coiled and writhed in undulating ... Taken continuously it lightens the body, enlightens the soul and prolongs life." Qiu can mean "curling; twisting; coiling; ... Hawkes 1985:240) "I rode in the ivory chariot of the Great Unity: The coiling Green Dragon ran in the left-hand traces; The ... tree roots)" jiaoqiu 蛟虬 "coil like a dragon" qiuxu 虬鬚 "curly beard; curly mustache" qiuran 虯髯 "curly whiskers" Besides the four ...
GM W platform
For the 1997 model year the second generation W-body was released with a MacPherson strut coil spring design. The W platform ... The "generation 1.5" W-body models had updated rear suspensions that used coil springs instead of the transverse leaf spring ... The transverse use of GM's LS small-block engine in the W-bodies was a major addition for 2005. The GM W Platform was phased ... Metal fabrication of the floor pan for W-body cars was performed at the Parma Metal Center in Parma, Ohio. The cars were built ...
They have a smooth, white, sinistral (left-handed) coiled shell encasing an orange body about 3 mm in length. The tube has a ... Spirorbis spirorbis is a small (3-4 mm) coiled polychaete that lives attached to seaweeds and eel grass in shallow saltwater. ...
... 's movements employ the whole body with smooth coiling and uncoiling actions, utilizing hand techniques, dynamic ... Su Dong-Chen (July 2008). "Spiral Body Ba Gua Zhang". Archived from the original on 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2017-06-01. Dan Huan ... Students first learn flexibility and proper body alignment through the basic exercises, then move on to more complex forms and ... Bagua Swimming Body Palms - Translated by Kent Howard and Chen Hsiao-Yen, ISBN 978-1-58394-245-1 (1-58394-245-9) The Pa Kua ...
Madonna Standing (van der Weyden)
Eve stands underneath an apple tree, with a large serpent with a human head coiling its body around its trunk. She eats from ... The Child is unclothed save for a white linen cloth, foreshadowing the shroud in which his body was later placed following the ...
Sexual coercion among animals
The clockwise coils are significant because the male phallus everts out of their body in a counter-clockwise spiral; therefore ... This phallus everts out of the male body (when it's time to mate) in a counter-clockwise coil. As a response, females have ... The phallus that male waterfowl have evolved everts out of their bodies (in a clockwise coil) and aids in inseminating females ... When males "court" females, they line their bodies up to the females' and produce caudocephalic waves, which are a series of ...
The clockwise coils are significant because the male phallus everts out of their body in a counter-clockwise spiral; therefore ... The phallus that male waterfowl have evolved everts out of their bodies (in a clockwise coil) and aids in inseminating females ... The urethra is on the ventral side of the body of the penis. As a general rule, a mammal's penis is proportional to its body ... Body: the part of the penis extending from the roots. Glans: the free end of the penis. The internal structures of the penis ...
List of water deities
... caused a massive flood when it coiled its body at sea Bulalakaw: the Talaandig deity who safeguards the creatures in the rivers ... The Ichthyocentaurs, a pair of centaurine sea-gods with the upper bodies of men, the lower fore-parts of horses, ending in the ... In Hindu culture, each water body is worshipped as a form of God. Hence, the rivers are worshipped as goddesses and the ocean ... A water deity is a deity in mythology associated with water or various bodies of water. Water deities are common in mythology ...
"Safed.co.il. Retrieved September 14, 2014.. *^ "Sefer HaZohar - Including Glosses by Rabbi Yeshaya Horowitz of Safed and His ... Student body in the United StatesEdit. The report findings of studies on Jewish Day Schools and supplementary Jewish education ... in the United States show that the student body currently enrolled in some 295 Chabad schools exceeds 20,750. ...
Leeb rebound hardness test
... impact body permits the velocity to be deduced from the voltage induced by the body as it moves through the measuring coil. The ... The Leeb quotient (vi,vr) is taken as a measure of the energy loss by plastic deformation: the impact body rebounds faster from ... According to the dynamic Leeb principle, hardness value is derived from the energy loss of a defined impact body after ... Depending on the probe ("impact device") and indenter ("impact body") types that vary by geometry, size, weight, material and ...
Fender Telecaster Thinline
The 1969 version has two standard single-coil pickups and a mahogany body, while the 1972 version, based on the Fender ... A much lower price Thinline design was produced in China and featured P-90 pickups and a mahogany body. While it retained the " ... The design was originally an attempt to reduce the weight of the solid-body Telecaster guitar, which had become ever heavier ... The Master Series features twin Duncan Designed P-90 style single coil pickups, 2 volume and 2 tone controls and a 3-position ...
The body was mounted on a backbone chassis and had all independent suspension by coil springs and hydraulic brakes. 44 were ... The suspension used coil springs all round with trailing wishbones at the rear. The number made is uncertain and the last car ... Body Microplas Mistral. Fairthorpe Electron Minor (1957-73): Standard 10/Triumph Herald engine. Final version on Triumph GT6 ... The front suspension was independent using coil springs and drum brakes were used all round. The engine was expensive for the ...
Starcaster by Fender
The typical Starcaster Strat Pack solid-body electric was fitted with three single-coil pickups, a five-way selector switch and ... The body may be basswood or agathis depending on model and year of manufacture. To bring down cost, other minor changes, such ... Although most models feature the classic Stratocaster configuration of three single-coil pickups, at least one uses the H-S-S ... Some models have the headstock painted to match the guitar body. Later Starcaster models feature the smaller Fender headstock. ...
... but coil their bodies into a ball and hide their heads tucked underneath. Some may poke with their harmless tail tip, like a ... The body is cylindrical and covered with smooth scales. Many species of shieldtail snakes are rather poorly known in terms of ... All members of this family retain eggs that hatch within the body of the mother (ovoviviparity). T Type genus List of uropeltid ...
The Bertone company SpA design includes an integral chassis and steel body. The suspension has independent wry coil springs and ... Marc Deschamp was also inspired by Nuccio Bertone added a few more unique features the cars body. For example, Marc Deschamps ...
The energy was applied to the body with inductive coils of wire or capacitive plates insulated from the body, which reduced the ... Another mode of application is by induction coils that are pliable and can be molded to fit the part of the body under ... As the high-frequency waves travel through the body tissues between the condensers or the coils, they are converted into heat. ... Until the 1920s noisy spark-discharge Tesla coil and Oudin coil machines were used. These were limited to frequencies of 0.1 - ...
Honda Civic (third generation)
This included MacPherson strut suspension with torsion bars in the front and a rear beam with coil springs. However, the body ... The CRX Si was also identifiable by body-colored lower body panels in 1986, new four hole "dial" alloy wheels and a body- ... The CRX was a Civic with a different body; it was a 2-seater in North America with a lockable storage compartment, while it was ... Although the S retained the rear beam with coil springs for the suspension, a rear stabilizer bar was added to improve handling ...
Some species of Gymnophiona (caecilians, with long, cylindrical, limbless bodies) brood their eggs. Most pythons coil around ... The female salamander often broods the eggs and in the genus Ensatinas, she has been observed to coil around them and press her ...
Fender Precision Bass
It had a basswood body with figured maple top and cream binding, Precision and Single-coil Jazz pickup combination and matching ... At the same time the original single-coil pickup was replaced by the Precision split-coil design with staggered pole pieces, ... using today's standard single split-coil pick-up, and the Sting Precision Bass, using a single coil pick-up as did the earliest ... They had a smaller body shape and a modern C-shape maple neck with 22 medium-jumbo frets. They had an active P-J pickup ...
The lemnisci (bundles of sensory nerve fibers) are long, slender, twisted, coiled in body cavity (not attached distally to body ... of the body length and are not bound posteriorly to the inner body wall. In the male, the anterior testes are 1.66 to 1.88 mm ... The cerebral ganglion is in the imd to posterior region, and the lemnisci are long and flat and not bound to the body wall. ... is thick and double-walled measuring 343 to 624 µm long and well-developed ligaments hold the distal end of uterus to body wall ...
... is typified by a tightly coiled helical spire on a large U shaped body chamber with the aperture, in mature ... Species may coil either to the left or to the right. Nostoceras is like Bostrychoceras in general form, except that its ribs ... The U shaped body chamber has coarser ribbing and large tubercles. Periodic constrictions may be present on the phragmocone. ...
... can stay in some body parts like the eyes, breasts, and testicles after infection. Sexual transmission after ... and they may be coiled, toroid or branched. In general, ebolavirions are 80 nanometers (nm) in width and may be as long ... The virus spreads through direct contact with body fluids, such as blood from infected humans or other animals. Spread may ... If a person with Ebola disease dies, direct contact with the body should be avoided. Certain burial rituals, which may ...
TipN has two transmembrane regions in the N-terminal region and a large C-terminal coiled-coil domain. TipN homologues are ... However, the positioning of the stalk is not necessarily conserved at the pole of the cell body in different closely related ... a tubular extension from the cell body. ...
... to the body, which can then be imaged outside the body by a gamma camera or a PET scanner. Each radiopharmaceutical consists of ... Statue of Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine, holding the symbolic Rod of Asclepius with its coiled serpent ... Diagnostic radiology is concerned with imaging of the body, e.g. by x-rays, x-ray computed tomography, ultrasonography, and ... Folk medicine consists of the healing practices and ideas of body physiology and health preservation known to some in a culture ...
"Iguana Internal Body Parts". Reptile & Parrots Forum. Retrieved 2017-04-22.. *^ Wang, Tobias; Altimiras, Jordi; Klein, Wilfried ... while Vishnu is depicted often as sleeping on a seven-headed snake or within the coils of a serpent. There are temples in India ... The Vertebrate Body. 5th ed. Saunders, Philadelphia. (6th ed. 1985) *^ Gilbert, SF; Corfe, I (May 2013). "Turtle origins: ... These pits allow the snakes to sense the body heat of birds and mammals, enabling pit vipers to hunt rodents in the dark.[ ...
The glow-ignition variety of model engine, because it no longer required an onboard battery, ignition coil, ignition points and ... Methanol occurs naturally in the human body and in some fruits, but is poisonous in high concentration. Ingestion of 10 ml can ... requiring the use of methanol fuel to react in a catalytic reaction with the coiled platinum filament in a glow plug for the ...
Many fern fronds are initially coiled into a fiddle-head or crozier (see circinate vernation), although cycad and palm fronds ... Fronds may describe several "frondose" structures in non-plant organisms -- such as the entire bodies of thalloid organisms, or ...
... s are stretch receptors within the body of a muscle that primarily detect changes in the length of the muscle. ... The sensory endings of a primary (group Ia) afferent and a secondary (group II) afferent coil around the non-contractile ... For the class of neurons characterized by a large spindle-shaped body, see Spindle neuron. ...
Greater black krait
When disturbed, it coils loosely and hides its head beneath its body; it is reluctant to bite except upon persistent ...
CCDC113: encoding protein Coiled-coil domain-containing protein 113. *Ccdc78: encoding protein Coiled-coil domain-containing 78 ... BMIQ5: Body mass index quantitative trait locus 5. *C16orf13/JFP2: encoding protein Chromosome 16 open reading frame 13 ...
This trimethylation occurs in the body of active genes and is deposited by the methyltransferase Set2. This protein ... Such dimeric structures can stack into a tall superhelix ("supernucleosome") onto which DNA coils in a manner similar to ... and reduces the likelihood of new transcription events being initiated within the body of the gene. This process therefore ... Histone H3.3 is associated with the body of actively transcribed genes. ...
This coil or knot is what produces the dimpled indentation at the reverse side of a tea cake when pressed. Depending on the ... Its shape is similar to tuóchá, but larger in size, with a much thicker body decorated with pumpkin-like ribbing. This shape ... The pouch of tea is gathered inside the cloth bag and wrung into a ball, with the extra cloth tied or coiled around itself. ... with unsubstantiated claims that it promotes loss of body weight in humans. Unlike pu'er, some Bianxiao brick tea has been ...
The apple maggot larvae are often difficult to detect in infested fruit due to their pale, cream color and small body size. The ... when coiled) chitinous penis, which is terminated by a spiral brush with numerous stiff hairs. ...
James Clerk Maxwell
Gin a body hit a body,. Will it fly? And where?. A collection of his poems was published by his friend Lewis Campbell in 1882.[ ... Maxwell coil. Maxwell's wheel. Spouse(s). Katherine Clerk Maxwell. Awards. Smith's Prize (1854). Adams Prize (1857). Rumford ... Gin a body meet a body. Flyin' through the air.. ... "Rigid Body Sings". Haverford College. Archived from the ... As a great lover of Scottish poetry, Maxwell memorised poems and wrote his own. The best known is Rigid Body Sings, closely ...
A trampoline is a device consisting of a piece of taut, strong fabric stretched between a steel frame using many coiled springs ... Keeping the springs covered also reduces the risk of a limb falling between the gaps in the springs and the rest of the body ... The device is thought to have been more like a springboard than the fabric-and-coiled-springs apparatus presently in use. ... As with competitive trampolines, recreational trampolines are usually made using coiled steel springs to provide the rebounding ...
Artificial cardiac pacemaker
The most basic preparation is that people who have body hair on the chest may want to remove the hair by clipping just prior to ... Note that the right ventricular lead in this case has 2 thickened aspects that represent conduction coils and that the ... The outer casing of pacemakers is so designed that it will rarely be rejected by the body's immune system. It is usually made ... The pacing wire is then connected to an external pacemaker outside the body. Transvenous pacing is often used as a bridge to ...
The second fuel tank can be insulated and a heating coil using engine coolant is run through the tank. The fuel tanks can be ...
Outline of brain mapping
The brain is made up of individual cells (neurons) that contain specialized features such as dendrites, a cell body, and an ... He is credited with creating the design for the coils found inside every MRI scanner. ... Neurons are cells differentiable from other tissues in the body.. *Neurons differ in size, shape, and structure according to ... Three-dimensional images of tracer concentration within the body are then constructed by computer analysis. In modern scanners ...
With so much blood going to the external surface of the body, less goes to the active muscles, the brain, and other internal ... Also, if the atmosphere is as warm as or warmer than the skin during times of high humidity, blood brought to the body surface ... The human body dissipates heat through perspiration and its evaporation. Heat convection, to the surrounding air, and thermal ... Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Jakarta, and Singapore have very high humidity all year round because of their proximity to water bodies ...
Abortion in the United States
12 states (CO, IL, KY, MA, MS, NE, ND, OH, PA, RI, SC, VA) restrict abortion coverage in insurance plans for public employees, ... This movement presaged the modern debate over women's body rights. A campaign was launched against the movement and the use ...
... and Rpt4/Rpt5 dimerize via their N-terminal coiled-coils. These coiled-coils protrude from the hexameric ring. The largest ... Decreased proteasome activity has been suggested as a cause of aggregation and Lewy body formation in Parkinson's. This ... the major protein component of Lewy bodies, under conditions of low proteasome activity. Impaired proteasomal activity may ... underlie cognitive disorders such as the autism spectrum disorders, and muscle and nerve diseases such as inclusion body ...
Liquefied natural gas
... the heat transfer causes the gas in the coils to cool. The LNG is then stored in a specialized double wall insulated tank ... the Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operators is the responsible body for LNG operators around the world and ... the basic process involves circulating the gas through aluminum tube coils and exposure to a compressed refrigerant. As the ...
... www.a-c-elitzur.co.il/site/siteArticle.asp?ar=67 I present a new argument for dualism named "The Bafflement Argument." It is ... There need not be a strict soul/body or mind/body dualism in order for there to be a soul that has knowledge of the forms. In ... For instance, the spleen is undeniably part of the body and not part of the mind. If "the mind is not contained by the body" is ... It does not follow that though brain imaging devices observe causal-relative activities between mind and body, that mind-body ...
Total body irradiation (TBI) is a radiation therapy technique used to prepare the body to receive a bone marrow transplant. ... It can be a magnetic transponder which senses the magnetic field generated by several transmitting coils, and then transmits ... Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) refers to one or several stereotactic radiation treatments with the body, such as ... 3DCRT is still used extensively for many body sites but the use of IMRT is growing in more complicated body sites such as CNS, ...
Male reproductive system
During times of lower temperatures, the Cremaster muscle contracts and pulls the scrotum closer to the body, while the Dartos ... The epididymis, a whitish mass of tightly coiled tubes cupped against the testicles, acts as a maturation and storage for sperm ... These organs are located on the outside of the body and within the pelvis. ... fertilize an ovum in the female's body; the fertilized ovum (zygote) develops into a fetus, which is later born as an infant. ...
Wood, Peter H. ""Gimmie de Knee Bone Bent":African Body Language and the Evolution of American Dance Forms". Free to Dance: ... African-American hair is typically composed of coiled curls, which range from tight to wavy. Many women choose to wear their ... Body imageEdit. European-Americans have sometimes appropriated different hair braiding techniques and other forms of African- ... Many of these traditions such as get down, ring shouts, and other elements of African body language survive as elements of ...
Usually the first symptoms are chills and body aches, but fever is also common early in the infection, with body temperatures ... The viral RNAs that make up the genome are shown as red coils inside the particle and bound to ribonuclearproteins (RNP). ... As the influenza virus can persist outside of the body, it can also be transmitted by contaminated surfaces such as banknotes,[ ... Vaccines can cause the immune system to react as if the body were actually being infected, and general infection symptoms (many ...
Heavy metal music
Italian band Lacuna Coil, one of the most successful gothic metal groups. ... Two primary body movements used are headbanging and an arm thrust that is both a sign of appreciation and a rhythmic gesture.[ ...
In the chronic phase, it is suggested that viral persistence (the inability of the body to entirely rid itself of the virus), ... Vaporized pyrethroids (for example in mosquito coils) are also insect repellents. As infected mosquitoes often feed and rest ... virus is passed to humans when a bite from an infected mosquito breaks the skin and introduces the virus into the body. The ...
Comfort cable temples: similar to the riding bow, but made from a springy cable of coiled metal, sometimes inside a plastic or ... blood or other body fluids. There are also safety glasses for welding, which are styled like wraparound sunglasses, but with ...
Immature capsids are formed from coiled DNA. L genes are transcribed "after the synthesis of DNA and viral protein onset". ... Diagnosis can also be confirmed with presence of virus inclusion bodies in tissues or a positive immunohistochemical staining ...
Is a component of the nuclear coiled bodies (CBS) which are involved in the function or assembly/disassembly of nucleoplasmic ... Nuclear coiled body located in the interchromatin space between the nucleolus and the nucleus. ... Minimized human telomerase maintains telomeres and resolves endogenous roles of H/ACA proteins, TCAB1, and Cajal bodies.. Elife ...
Coilin is essential for Cajal body organization in Drosophila melanogaster. - Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics ...
Surprisingly, we found coilin not only in CBs but also in histone locus bodies (HLBs), calling into question the use of coilin ... Cajal bodies (CBs) are nuclear organelles that occur in a variety of organisms, including vertebrates, insects, and plants. ... Aging, Amino Acid Sequence, Animals, Cell Cycle, Coiled Bodies, Conserved Sequence, Drosophila melanogaster, Female, Histones, ... Coilin is essential for Cajal body organization in Drosophila melanogaster. Liu J-L., Wu Z., Nizami Z., Deryusheva S., Rajendra ...
Some Virus Essentials with Fibrillarin « FAROUCHE OMBRÉ
The coiled body is a nuclear organelle that contains snRNPs involved in splicing, in both animal and plant cells can undergo… ... Fibrillarin is thought to shuttle between the nucleolus and the cytoplasm of complicated Cajal bodies (CBs) and interchromatin ... The coiled body is a nuclear organelle that contains snRNPs involved in splicing, in both animal and plant cells can undergo ... Fibrillarin is thought to shuttle between the nucleolus and the cytoplasm of complicated Cajal bodies (CBs) and interchromatin ...
Google features WEIZAC on its blog | ScienceBlogs
Have a strong stomach? Track the settlements on your cell phone - Realistic Dove
Can the mirena coil cause excessive body sweating?
Home › Q & A › Questions › Can the mirena coil cause.... Can the mirena coil cause excessive body sweating?. Asked. 13 Sep 2010 ... Ive had the mirena coil in for 3 weeks now when I had it fitted I got really bad cramps and after a?. Posted 13 Jun 2016 • 1 ... i have had the mirena coil in for five years and it will be took out in the next couple of days. i have gained weight severe ... Has anyone started taking Lamictal and noticed any excessive sweating and body odor?. Posted 3 Jan 2017 • 0 answers ...
Is the sphere organelle/coiled body a universal nuclear component? - PubMed - NCBI
... coiled bodies in mammalian somatic nuclei, prenucleolar bodies in nuclei assembled in vitro in Xenopus egg extract, sphere ... Is the sphere organelle/coiled body a universal nuclear component?. Gall JG1, Tsvetkov A, Wu Z, Murphy C. ... We suggest that the sphere organelle/coiled body is a "universal" nuclear component in the sense that it is involved in common ... Specifically, the sphere organelle/coiled body may be the initial site for assembly of processing complexes, which are then ...
Garage Sale - Pro 5' Small Body Coil Over Shock
Small Body Coil Over Shock made by Pro Shocks, for as low as $139.99. Free shipping when your order includes this part. ... Pro Shocks® new aluminum small body coil over shocks are 3 way adjustable. They are fitted aluminum coil over kit and make one ... Small Body Coil Over Shocks, 4 Inch Pol, Spring Rate-450 lbs ... Aluminum Small Body Coilover Shock, 4 Inch Plain, Spring Rate, ... Aluminum Small Body Coilover Shock, 4 Inch Plain, Spring Rate, 375 lbs ...
Patente US7527606 - Catheter having main body portion with coil-defined guidewire passage - Google Patentes
The elongate main body portion has a proximal end and a distal end. The main body portion further includes a coil having at ... The elongate distal body portion extends from the distal end of the main body portion. In accordance with a further aspect of ... a guidewire lumen defined along at least a portion of a length between the distal end and the proximal end of the distal body ... least one complete turn about a central axis, the coil defining a passage along the central axis. ...
Refurbished HITACHI Large, Extra Large Flex Body/Spine MRI Coil For Sale or Rent - DOTmed Listing #1845430
For Sale hitachi airis II body flex coil qd xl model MR-QFC-55 was refurbished by Medrad,please call for more info ... Extra Large Flex Body/Spine MRI Coil For Sale or Rent - DOTmed Listing #1845430: ... For Sale or Rent HITACHI Large, Extra Large Flex Body/Spine MRI Coil. *Rent : Rental Terms ... For Sale hitachi airis II body flex coil qd xl model MR-QFC-55 was refurbished by Medrad,please call for more info ...
Electric Guitars with Sunburst Color, Polyester Body Finish, Single Coil Bridge Pick Up
FreshTrends Twisted Coil - Industrial Barbell Body Jewelry - 14G 1.5 Ear Project | FreshTrends Body Jewelry
This barbell features a cool coil in t ... Flexible Body Jewelry Organic Body Jewelry Titanium Body ... FreshTrends Twisted Coil - Industrial Barbell Body Jewelry - 14G 1.5 Ear Project FreshTrends. Twisted Coil - Industrial Barbell ... Home , ON SALE: Body Jewelry & Fashion Accessories , Buy One Get One Body Jewelry , FreshTrends Twisted Coil - Industrial ... Body Jewelry Size Help. Standard Body Piercing Sizes:. These are the standard sizes used for each piercing in body jewelry. ...
Preoperative investigation of anal fistulas with body coil MRI and high frequency endoanal ultrasound.
Electric Guitars with Single Coil Bridge Pick Up, Hard Tail Bridge Style, 3/4 Size Body Style
Development and evaluation of a 16-channel receive-only RF coil to improve 7T ultra-high field body MRI with focus on the spine
... and thus improves 7T ultra-high field body MR imaging. ... 16-channel Rx-array as an add-on to multichannel TxRx RF coil ... coil and additionally with a 32-channel transmit/receive (32TxRx) remote body coil for RF transmit and serving as receive ... Purpose: A 16-channel receive (16Rx) radiofrequency (RF) array for 7T ultra-high field body MR imaging is presented. The coil ... Results: Lower g-factors were obtained when using the 16Rx coil in addition to the 16TxRx array coil configuration versus the ...
S. pombe sporulation-specific coiled-coil protein Spo15p is localized to the spindle pole body and essential for its...
S. pombe sporulation-specific coiled-coil protein Spo15p is localized to the spindle pole body and essential for its ... S. pombe sporulation-specific coiled-coil protein Spo15p is localized to the spindle pole body and essential for its ... S. pombe sporulation-specific coiled-coil protein Spo15p is localized to the spindle pole body and essential for its ... S. pombe sporulation-specific coiled-coil protein Spo15p is localized to the spindle pole body and essential for its ...
Support for user`s body or part thereof > Spring containing (e.g., coil type) > Compartmentalized springs > Patents -...
Name: Beds > Support for user`s body or part thereof > Spring containing (e.g., coil type) > Compartmentalized springs. ... Coil spring assembly. Jun. 4, 2002. 6374442. Pocketed coil spring unit with combination of top and bottom sheets and inter-row ... Fiber mass with side coil insertion. Feb. 24, 2004. 6681428. Method of making pocketed coil spring unit with combination of ... Multi-stranded coil spring. Jan. 24, 2012. 8087114. Thin pocket mattress, and method and device for its manufacturing. Jan. 3, ...
AUTO- POSITIONING HEAD AND BODY COIL FOR MAGNETIC RE...
The auto-positioning head and body coils are positioned automaticall... ... The invention proposes a set of auto-positioning head and body coils for MRI scans. ... The invention proposes a set of auto-positioning head and body coils for MRI scans. The auto-positioning head and body coils ... Separate coils are employed for scanning different parts of the body. For example, a head coil is used for an MRI of the head ...
Stability of measurement on apparent diffusion coefficient in benign cervical lymph nodes with the neurovascular coil or the...
... the body coil.Methods Fifteen healthy volunteers underwent DWI using both 8-channel the neurovascular coil and the body coil ... no matter bilateral or lateral side.Conclusion The signals acquired whether from the neurovascular coil or from the body coil ... 10-3 mm2/s.The average value of ADC by body coil was(0.857±0.142)×10-3 mm2/s,average value of eADC was(0.432±0.057)×10-3 mm2/s. ... There was no statistically difference of the value of the ADC and eADC of lymph nodes between the two different scanning coils, ...
Body Spine Array Coil, XL
Phased array receive coils with four coil elements each. *Three different coil sizes, additional to standard Body/Spine Array ... Receive array coil for body imaging of patients with a girth of up to 50 in. ... XL coil: 50×30.5 cm (19.7×12 in) (internal W×H) (For patients with a circumference of approx. 127 cm/ 50 in) ...
US20080161935A1 - Method for inducting weight loss using a coil for insertion into a hollow body organ - Google Patents
... outward force against an interior of the stomach so as to bring together two substantially opposing surfaces of the hollow body ... Method for inducting weight loss using a coil for insertion into a hollow body organ Download PDF Info. Publication number. ... US12/048,408 2006-09-01 2008-03-14 Method for inducting weight loss using a coil for insertion into a hollow body organ ... The Coil is designed to flex easily in the direction as the coil bends around the pivot pins but in the perpendicular direction ...
CP Body Array Flex Coil and Extender
CP Body Array Flex (e.g. comprehensive abdominal imaging). *All flexible coils (e.g. CP Flex coil, small, CP Flex coil, large) ... CP Body Array Extender (e.g. comprehensive abdominal imaging). *All flexible coils (e.g. CP Flex coil, small, CP Flex coil, ... CP Body Array Flex Coil and Extender, a super-light coil with high-image quality for, e.g. abdominal examinations. ... CP Body Array Extender sold separately from Coil. Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving ...
Evaluation of feasibility of 1.5 Tesla prostate MRI using body coil RF transmit in a patient with an implanted vagus nerve...
Measurements were obtained along the center axis of the scanner and laterally offset by 15 cm (body coil) and 7 cm (head coil ... Measurements were obtained along the center axis of the scanner and laterally offset by 15 cm (body coil) and 7 cm (head coil ... Measurements were obtained along the center axis of the scanner and laterally offset by 15 cm (body coil) and 7 cm (head coil ... Measurements were obtained along the center axis of the scanner and laterally offset by 15 cm (body coil) and 7 cm (head coil ...
Coiled-coil inspired functional inclusion bodies | Microbial Cell Factories | Full Text
... here we develop functional IBs exploiting the coiled-coil fold. An in silico analysis of coiled-coil and aggregation ... Here, we present a proof of concept for the use of a natural coiled-coil domain as a versatile tool for the production of ... and hydropathicity of different potential tags identified the natural homo-dimeric and anti-parallel coiled-coil ZapB bacterial ... However, in recent years, these bacterial protein aggregates, commonly known as inclusion bodies (IBs), have been shown to be a ...
Sex and Heart Health: Treadmill or Titillation? | Psychology Today
Better than milk, sex does a body good. How, you ask? (From the Sexual Healing, Reclaim the Feeling chapter of Living Well), ... http://www.jancodada.co.il/images/main_pic/he/poi-3127-pr.html,¡¾ÕýÒŽÆ·È¡Qµê¡¿¥×¥é¥À ìŽ ¥·¥ç¥ë¥À©`,¥×¥é¥À ¥È©`¥È¥Ð¥Ã¥° Ù,ÎÝ ... Relieves Stress: Sex relaxes the entire body, head to toe!. Aerobic Exercise: Sex not only improves circulation, it also burns ... It causes those wonderful, feel-good endorphins to flow through your usually stressed and emotionally burdened body and
Sources of variation in multi-centre brain MTR histogram studies: body-coil transmission eliminates inter-centre differences :...
RESULTS: Transmission using a body coil, with a close-fitting array of surface coils for reception, gave the best uniformity. ... CONCLUSIONS: Body coil excitation is preferred for multi-centre studies. Analysis (segmentation and histogram generation) ... Sources of variation in multi-centre brain MTR histogram studies: body-coil transmission eliminates inter-centre differences ... Differences between two centres, having MR imagers from different manufacturers, were completely eliminated by using body coil ...
Higher order arrangement of the eukaryotic nuclear bodies | PNAS
coiled body;. PML,. promyelocytic leukemia;. Gem,. Gemini of coiled bodies;. POD,. PML body;. RRM,. RNA-recognition motif;. ... Among the known nuclear bodies are the Cajal body or coiled body (CB; ref. 3 and references therein), the promyelocytic ... Of these nuclear bodies, the Gemini of coiled bodies (GEM) seems to associate with TB through the interaction between survival ... 2 and references therein), the GEM body (7), and the more recently identified matrix-associated deacetylase body (8), HAP body ...
Used - Used DVD's - Record Shop X
Award Data | SBIR.gov
China Tattoo Equipment Accessory, China Tattoo Equipment Accessory Manufacturers and Suppliers on Alibaba.com
Patent US6157193 - MR imaging system with electrically insulated coil element - Google Patents
... unit and at least one electrically completely insulated second coil element which is magnetically coupled to the first coil ... An MR imaging system with an electrically insulated coil element includes at least one first coil element which is electrically ... They prevent the formation of dangerous eddy currents in the patients body regions near the coil by limiting the coil currents ... a second RF coil is also used. The second RF coil is electrically completely insulated from the surroundings. The two coils are ...
Patent US9358120 - Expandable coil spinal implant - Google Patents
... vertebral body, and spinal motion segment replacement or reconstruction comprise a plurality of loops and spaces between the ... The coiled implants include one or more balloons within the hollow center, the spaces between the coil loops, and/or within the ... Filling the balloon expands the loops and thereby increases the height of the coil. Bone graft material or bone cement may be ... removing the expandable coil from the vertebral body or intervertebral space. The coil may be removed from the vertebral body ...
Lacuna Coil discography - Wikipedia
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Visual Karma (Body, Mind and Soul) - Lacuna Coil". AllMusic. Retrieved 19 November ... Lacuna Coil official site Lacuna Coil at AllMusic Lacuna Coil discography at Discogs Lacuna Coil discography at MusicBrainz. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Visual Karma (Body, Mind and Soul) [DVD] - Lacuna Coil". AllMusic. Retrieved 19 ... "Shallow Life - Lacuna Coil". AllMusic. Retrieved 19 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Lacuna Coil: Audio ...
NuclearInterchromatinCoilinReceive coilsGeminiNeurovascular coilPluralityProteinHelicalIncludes a coilFlex coilAdjacentShocksComprisesSpringsSignal-to-noShapeMagneticExcitationRadio frequencyAluminumAirisRadiofrequencyTubularLoopsProximalTeslaNucleiThereofArraySubstantiallyPromyelocyticSpineWrapBody'sEukaryoticDistributionsHeadOdorSuspensionAccordanceNuclear bodyInventionUpperHitachiFunctionalTransformationSmallExtendsStructuresSeparateCytosolSurface
- Cajal bodies (CBs) are nuclear organelles that occur in a variety of organisms, including vertebrates, insects, and plants. (ox.ac.uk)
- Fibrillarin is thought to shuttle between the nucleolus and the cytoplasm of complicated Cajal bodies (CBs) and interchromatin granule clusters (IGCs) in oocytes , shared with a COOH-terminal P40 capsid protein encoded with HSV1. (wordpress.com)
- In some embodiments, the transmit coils are oriented to generate an RF magnetic field in directions substantially orthogonal to a static gradient field, and the receive coils are oriented to sense RF EPR signal in directions substantially orthogonal to the transmitted field and to the static field, to minimize coupling of the transmitted signal to the receive coils. (google.de)
- Neurovascular Coil for Hitachi MRI. (dotmed.com)
- Coiled spinal implants for disc, vertebral body, and spinal motion segment replacement or reconstruction comprise a plurality of loops and spaces between the loops, with the loops formed of a hollow material and having a plurality of apertures or a longitudinal gap that extend(s) through the sidewalls. (google.co.uk)
- 7. A coil system in accordance with claim 1 further comprising a plurality of receive channels configured to receive prescan calibration information from the local volume coil. (google.com)
- The shape memory segmented detachable coil assembly includes a plurality of hollow, tubular coil segments, and a plurality of connector members, with adjacent coil segments connected together by the connector members. (google.com)
- 2. The occlusion coil assembly of claim 1 , further comprising a plurality of connector members. (google.com)
- The spo15(+)gene encodes a protein with a predicted molecular mass of 223 kDa, containing potential coiled-coil regions. (biologists.org)
- When the spo15-GFP fusion gene was expressed by the authentic spo15 promoter during vegetative growth and sporulation, the fusion protein colocalized with Sad1p, which is a component of spindle pole bodies. (biologists.org)
- However, in recent years, these bacterial protein aggregates, commonly known as inclusion bodies (IBs), have been shown to be a source of stable and active protein for biotechnological and biomedical applications. (biomedcentral.com)
- An in silico analysis of coiled-coil and aggregation propensities, net charge, and hydropathicity of different potential tags identified the natural homo-dimeric and anti-parallel coiled-coil ZapB bacterial protein as an optimal candidate to form assemblies in which the native state of the fused protein is preserved. (biomedcentral.com)
- Through the analysis of TDP, a protein functional in both transcriptional repression and alternative splicing, we have identified a new category of nuclear bodies within which the TDP molecules reside. (pnas.org)
- As these data are limited to the dynamically distributed PML protein, we chose to focus on providing a role for the PML-containing nuclear body itself. (pnas.org)
- Immunohistochemical analysis demonstrates the PML-containing nuclear body to be composed of at least four proteins, including PML, PML-associated factor (PAF31) (J. D. Chen and R.M.E., unpublished data), the SP-100 autoantigen of primary biliary cirrhosis, and the nuclear matrix protein NDP55 ( 20 - 23 ). (pnas.org)
- 1 Here we show that CHMP2B (charged multivesicular body protein 2B), a gene that was recently shown to be linked to FTD, 2 was altered in two unrelated patients with ALS-spectrum disorders. (neurology.org)
- References Cited UNITED STATES PATENTS helical spring coiled counter to that of the body spring. (google.com.au)
Includes a coil2
- CP Body Array Flex Coil and Extender, a super-light coil with high-image quality for, e.g. abdominal examinations. (siemens-healthineers.com)
- Moreover, RF power from body coil transmit at distances greater than 32 cm from isocenter was found to be lower than from the RF power from head coil transmit measured at locations adjacent to the coil array at its opening. (elsevier.com)
- at least one hollow, tubular connector member, adjacent ones of said coil segments being connected together by said connector member, said connector member being detachable from selected portions of said coil segments by application of energy to said connector member. (google.com)
- Pro Shocks® new aluminum small body coil over shocks are 3 way adjustable. (speedwaymotors.com)
- The heat activation member typically can be advanced axially through or over the coil assembly, and currently preferably comprises a fiber optic, although the heat activation member can also comprise a heat pipe, or a device for generating heat by RF energy or electrical resistance. (google.com)
- 9 A6lm 25/00 128/2 M  Int. he core comprises, proximal and distal portions in which the distal portion may be relatively more flexible than the proximal portion and corresponds in length to the distal portion of the body spring. (google.com.au)
- They are made of steel coil springs to support the body and give the matress a bouncing effect. (newsmax.com)
- Are you ready to switch out your cranky old springs for some high performance Audi A6 Coil Springs? (autoanything.com)
- Furthermore, since these types of spring guides are constructed as coil springs, the wire of the helices thereof may become broken due to inadvertent over stressings or distortions, thus requiring the presence of a so-called safety wire that extends the full length of the guide and whose only function is to prevent the separation of parts in the event of coil breakage. (google.com.au)
- Performance metrics like noise correlation, g-factors, and signal-to-noise ratio gain were compared between 4 different RF coil configurations. (nih.gov)
- The novel 16-channel Rx-array as an add-on to multichannel TxRx RF coil configurations provides increased signal-to-noise ratio, lower g-factors, and thus improves 7T ultra-high field body MR imaging. (nih.gov)
- Even though the signal-to-noise ratio of our coil system was compromised compared with standard 32-channel head coils, our results show that the two-person fMRI scanning is feasible for studying the brain basis of social interaction. (frontiersin.org)
- These are: the imager coil used for radiofrequency (RF) transmission, imager stability, the shape and other parameters describing the Magnetisation Transfer (MT) pulse, the MT sequence used (including its parameters), the image segmentation methodology, and the histogram generation technique. (sussex.ac.uk)
- The invention generally relates to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) techniques and more particularly to an auto-positioning coil system in the MRI scanner. (ip.com)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a medical imaging technique used to visualize detailed internal structure and limited function of the body. (ip.com)
- As shown in Figure 1, the auto-positioning head coil is set on the rear side of the magnetic bore of the MRI scanner. (ip.com)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) systems including a coil system and methods for controlling the coil system are described. (google.com)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a medical imaging technique using radio waves and magnetic fields to create detailed cross-sectional images of internal organs and structures within the body. (microsemi.com)
- In vivo body imaging was performed in volunteers using radiofrequency shimming, time interleaved acquisition of modes (TIAMO), and 2D spatially selective excitation using parallel transmit (pTx) in the spine. (nih.gov)
- The 16Rx coil was successfully applied to improve anatomical imaging in the abdomen and 2D spatially selective excitation in the spine of volunteers. (nih.gov)
- Differences between two centres, having MR imagers from different manufacturers, were completely eliminated by using body coil excitation, making a small adjustment to the MT pulse flip angle, and carrying out segmentation at a single centre. (sussex.ac.uk)
- CONCLUSIONS: Body coil excitation is preferred for multi-centre studies. (sussex.ac.uk)
- Methods: Spatial distributions of radio-frequency (RF) B1 fields generated by transmit/receive (T/R) body and head coils were empirically assessed along the long axis of a 1.5 T MRI scanner bore. (elsevier.com)
- A current unit having two or more current paths allows control of magnitude, phase, time, frequency and position of each of element in a radio frequency coil. (google.de)
- 7. The radio frequency coil of claim 1 where at least one of the first current element and the second current element is embedded in the dielectric. (google.de)
- They are fitted aluminum coil over kit and make one of the cleanest coil overs on the market for your street rod. (speedwaymotors.com)
- These billet-aluminum spindles and steering arms are direct-replacement components for popular GM A-, F-, and X-body muscle cars from 1964 to 1972. (classicindustries.com)
- RAPID Body Coil for AIRIS Elite. (dotmed.com)
- A 16-channel receive (16Rx) radiofrequency (RF) array for 7T ultra-high field body MR imaging is presented. (nih.gov)
- The connector members are currently preferably hollow, tubular connector members that are advantageously detachable from selected portions of the coil segments by application of energy to one or more selected connector members. (google.com)
- These tubular lower control arms are a perfect fit for your 1st or 2nd Generation F-Body vehicle. (classicindustries.com)
- The coiled implants include one or more balloons within the hollow center, the spaces between the coil loops, and/or within the central void that the coil surrounds. (google.co.uk)
- Filling the balloon expands the loops and thereby increases the height of the coil. (google.co.uk)
- The disclosure relates generally to spinal implants, and in particular, to implants configured as an expandable coil with a balloon interspersed between or within the loops of the coil, which when inflated with a fluid expands the coil to facilitate spinal reconstruction, particularly when needed to correct lesions or diseases of the vertebral body, a disc, and at least one spinal motion segment, also known as a functional spinal unit. (google.co.uk)
- The loops are supported by a coiled support member and are locked within the coiled support member by a wire retainer. (google.ca)
- The elongate main body portion has a proximal end and a distal end. (google.es)
- In accordance with a further aspect of the invention, the distal body portion has a proximal end and a distal end and can include a guidewire lumen defined along at least a portion of a length between the distal end and the proximal end of the distal body portion. (google.es)
- The next step to perform state of the art cardiovascular whole body imaging is to implement it to high field strength like 3 Tesla. (ismrm.org)
- The combination of matrix-coil systems, parallel imaging and 3 Tesla offer the possibility to image the entire cardiovascular system within reasonable time at high image quality. (ismrm.org)
- Our data suggest the existence of a hierarchy and possibly functional arrangement of the nuclear bodies within the eukaryotic nuclei. (pnas.org)
- Therefore, an object of this invention is to provide a spring guide having a body formed as a continuous coiled spring with the helices thereof in contact with each other and including a flexible distal tip portion so constructed as to minimize the possibility of kinking when undergoing either axially applied compression loads or sharply applied angular loads. (google.com.au)
- Lower g-factors were obtained when using the 16Rx coil in addition to the 16TxRx array coil configuration versus the 16TxRx array alone. (nih.gov)
- Receive array coil for body imaging of patients with a girth of up to 50 in. (siemens-healthineers.com)
- RESULTS: Transmission using a body coil, with a close-fitting array of surface coils for reception, gave the best uniformity. (sussex.ac.uk)
- The coil system includes a local volume coil configured to transmit and receive MRI signals and an array of surface coils configured. (google.com)
- Phased Array CTL Coil for Altaire. (dotmed.com)
- The method also involves exerting an outward force against an interior of the stomach so as to bring together two substantially opposing surfaces of the hollow body by placing the member in its deployed position. (google.com)
- The support structure includes an elastic body, such as a spring, for applying to the container or to the transducer a substantially constant force to press together the transducer and the wall. (google.co.uk)
- d) at least one elastic body for applying to the second holder the substantially constant force to press the wall against the transducer. (google.co.uk)
- ref. 3 and references therein), the promyelocytic leukemia (PML) body or POD (ref. 6 and references therein), a class of splicing-related bodies including the SC35 speckles or interchromatin granule cluster (ref. 2 and references therein), the GEM body ( 7 ), and the more recently identified matrix-associated deacetylase body ( 8 ), HAP body ( 9 ), and nucleoli-associated paraspeckles ( 10 ). (pnas.org)
- The coils continued to wrap and slide slowly around his prey, making wet squishing sounds as they rub together. (deviantart.com)
- Spring coil mattresses don't provide as much relief to the body's vital pressure points as foam mattresses do. (newsmax.com)
- We suggest that the sphere organelle/coiled body is a "universal" nuclear component in the sense that it is involved in common nuclear processes and hence will be found in one form or another in most eukaryotic cells. (nih.gov)
- A nuclear body refers to any of the prominent non-membraned structures in the nucleus of the eukaryotic cell. (biology-online.org)
- However, for most nuclear bodies, the details of involvement in these processes in relation to their three-dimensional distributions in the nucleus are still unclear. (pnas.org)
- The invention proposes a set of auto-positioning head and body coils for MRI scans. (ip.com)
- The auto-positioning head and body coils are positioned automatically on the patient without an operator manually placing the coils. (ip.com)
- In MRI scans, head and body examination takes up more than 60 percent scan time. (ip.com)
- The invention provides an auto-positioning head and body coils system employed in an MRI scanner. (ip.com)
- The auto-positioning head coil moves automatically to the is. (ip.com)
- Purpose: To assess risks of RF-heating of a vagus nerve stimulator (VNS) during 1.5 T prostate MRI using body coil transmit and to compare these risks with those associated with MRI head exams using a transmit/receive head coil. (elsevier.com)
- Measurements were obtained along the center axis of the scanner and laterally offset by 15 cm (body coil) and 7 cm (head coil). (elsevier.com)
- Results: B1 field measurements demonstrated greater than 10 dB reduction in RF power at distances beyond 28 cm and 24 cm from isocenter for body and head coil, respectively. (elsevier.com)
- Conclusions: For the particular scanner model evaluated in this study, positioning an implanted VNS farther than 32 cm from isocenter (configuration achievable for prostate exams) can reduce risks of RF-heating resulting from the body coil transmit to those associated with using a T/R head coil. (elsevier.com)
- Sex relaxes the entire body, head to toe! (psychologytoday.com)
- The spring coil mattresses provide a bouncy and springy effect, while foam mattresses provide a cushiony feel from head to toe with a touch of firmness underneath. (newsmax.com)
- Part #MR-QHC-51 MRP-7000 Quad Head Coil, part interchangeable with MR-QHC-52 and. (dotmed.com)
- coil 5-inch strip to make head. (pastrywiz.com)
- The cardinal only stood there and looked up at the naga as the coils gripped him, snugging up to his neck, forcing his head in an upright position to stare up at the naga. (deviantart.com)
- Has anyone started taking Lamictal and noticed any excessive sweating and body odor? (drugs.com)
- suspension coil and mesh hose cover for the snake body. (deviantart.com)
- 8. A coil system in accordance with claim 1 further comprising at least one switch configured to switch between the scan mode of operation and the calibration mode of operation. (google.com)
- The integrity of a nuclear body could be disrupted after depletion of its normal component(s), as evidenced by the disruption of PODs in acute PML (reviewed in ref. 1 ). (pnas.org)
- By developing a novel in vivo nucleic acid labeling approach, we demonstrate the existence of nascent RNA polymerase II transcripts within this nuclear body. (pnas.org)
- Collectively, these findings support a role for this nuclear body in transcriptional regulation. (pnas.org)
- Thus, these prior studies suggest that PML and the PML-containing nuclear body may play a role in transcriptional events. (pnas.org)
- Like PML and its corresponding nuclear body, CBP/P300 has been shown to be a target of viral oncoproteins including the E1A adenoviral ( 27 ) and the HTLV-1 Tax oncoproteins ( 28 ). (pnas.org)
- Thus, we chose to establish a link between the PML-containing nuclear body and CBP. (pnas.org)
- The invention includes a catheter having an elongate main body portion and a distal body portion. (google.es)
- The present invention provides an apparatus and a corresponding method useful for electron paramagnetic resonance imaging, in situ and in vivo, using high-isolation transmit/receive (TX/RX) coils, which, in some embodiments, provide microenvironmental images that are representative of particular internal. (google.de)
- In order to offer an alternative to the classical amyloid-like IBs, here we develop functional IBs exploiting the coiled-coil fold. (biomedcentral.com)
- Here, we present a proof of concept for the use of a natural coiled-coil domain as a versatile tool for the production of functional IBs in bacteria. (biomedcentral.com)
- Because of the relatively limited materials for biochemical assays ( 11 ), the functions of most of these nuclear bodies are not well defined, although some of them have been suggested to be the storage sites of specific factors and/or stations for assembly of functional complexes to carry out specific biological processes (refs. (pnas.org)
- Intriguingly, transformation of spindle pole bodies from a punctate to a crescent form prior to forespore membrane formation was not observed in spo15delta cells. (biologists.org)
- These features-the transformation of the coiled penis, and the backwards-pointing spines-may provide the answer to the most obvious question: Why amputate your penis at all? (nationalgeographic.com)
- The nuclear bodies range in sizes from tenths of a micrometer to several micrometers, and each type could be easily identified immunologically with antibodies against specific "signature proteins" or other factors such as the small nuclear (sn)RNAs ( 1 - 4 ). (pnas.org)
- To evaluate the efficacy of thin slice and small FOV MRI technique using body coil, performed after distending the rectum with saline solution in the preoperative staging of rectum cancer. (turkjsurg.com)
- MR imaging of 36 patients with rectum cancer was done by distending the rectum with saline solution, using body coil, with thin slices and small FOV parameters. (turkjsurg.com)
- The small FOV and thin section MR technique using body coil was efficient in staging of rectal cancers. (turkjsurg.com)
- Small-animal, whole-body imaging with metamaterial-inspired RF coil. (nih.gov)
- Small Belt Coil for Toshiba OpArt. (dotmed.com)
- The elongate distal body portion extends from the distal end of the main body portion. (google.es)
- Nuclear bodies are prominent structures of non-chromatinic fibrillary material and mostly proteinaceous. (biology-online.org)
- We developed a custom 16-channel (8 + 8 channels) two-helmet coil with two separate receiver-coil pairs providing whole-brain coverage, while bringing participants into a shared physical space and realistic face-to-face contact. (frontiersin.org)
- As a result, these proteins might establish non-native inter-molecular interactions, which would facilitate their aggregation into inclusion bodies (IBs) in the bacterial cytosol [ 6 ]. (biomedcentral.com)