A by-product of the destructive distillation of coal used as a topical antieczematic. It is an antipruritic and keratoplastic agent used also in the treatment of psoriasis and other skin conditions. Occupational exposure to soots, tars, and certain mineral oils is known to be carcinogenic according to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985) (Merck Index, 11th ed).
A common genetically determined, chronic, inflammatory skin disease characterized by rounded erythematous, dry, scaling patches. The lesions have a predilection for nails, scalp, genitalia, extensor surfaces, and the lumbosacral region. Accelerated epidermopoiesis is considered to be the fundamental pathologic feature in psoriasis.
A diffuse parenchymal lung disease caused by inhalation of dust and by tissue reaction to their presence. These inorganic, organic, particulate, or vaporized matters usually are inhaled by workers in their occupational environment, leading to the various forms (ASBESTOSIS; BYSSINOSIS; and others). Similar air pollution can also have deleterious effects on the general population.
Polycyclic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic
A major group of unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbons containing two or more rings. The vast number of compounds of this important group, derived chiefly from petroleum and coal tar, are rather highly reactive and chemically versatile. The name is due to the strong and not unpleasant odor characteristic of most substances of this nature. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed, p96)
Oils which evaporate readily. The volatile oils occur in aromatic plants, to which they give odor and other characteristics. Most volatile oils consist of a mixture of two or more TERPENES or of a mixture of an eleoptene (the more volatile constituent of a volatile oil) with a stearopten (the more solid constituent). The synonym essential oils refers to the essence of a plant, as its perfume or scent, and not to its indispensability.
It is a form of protection provided by law. In the United States this protection is granted to authors of original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. (from Circular of the United States Copyright Office, 6/30/2008)
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
The science, art, or technology dealing with processes involved in the separation of metals from their ores, the technique of making or compounding the alloys, the techniques of working or heat-treating metals, and the mining of metals. It includes industrial metallurgy as well as metallurgical techniques employed in the preparation and working of metals used in dentistry, with special reference to orthodontic and prosthodontic appliances. (From Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p494)
Topical psoriasis therapy. (1/76)Psoriasis is a common dermatosis, affecting from 1 to 3 percent of the population. Until recently, the mainstays of topical therapy have been corticosteroids, tars, anthralins and keratolytics. Recently, however, vitamin D analogs, a new anthralin preparation and topical retinoids have expanded physicians' therapeutic armamentarium. These new topical therapies offer increased hope and convenience to the large patient population with psoriasis. (+info)
Gordonia alkanivorans sp. nov., isolated from tar-contaminated soil. (2/76)Twelve bacterial strains isolated from tar-contaminated soil were subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. The strains possessed meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid of the peptidoglycan, MK-9(H2) as the predominant menaquinone, long-chain mycolic acids of the Gordonia-type, straight-chain saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, and considerable amounts of tuberculostearic acid. The G + C content of the DNA was 68 mol%. Chemotaxonomic and physiological properties and 16S rDNA sequence comparison results indicated that these strains represent a new species of the genus Gordonia. Because of the ability of these strains to use alkanes as a carbon source, the name Gordonia alkanivorans is proposed. The type strain of Gordonia alkanivorans sp. nov. is strain HKI 0136T (= DSM 44369T). (+info)
Systematic review of comparative efficacy and tolerability of calcipotriol in treating chronic plaque psoriasis. (3/76)OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the comparative efficacy and tolerability of topical calcipotriol in the treatment of mild to moderate chronic plaque psoriasis. DESIGN: Quantitative systematic review of randomised controlled trials. SUBJECTS: 6038 patients with plaque psoriasis reported in 37 trials. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Mean difference in percentage change in scores on psoriasis area and severity index, and response rate ratios for both patients' and investigators' overall assessments of marked improvement or better. Adverse effects were estimated with the rate ratio, rate difference, and number needed to treat. RESULTS: Calcipotriol was at least as effective as potent topical corticosteroids, calcitriol, short contact dithranol, tacalcitol, coal tar, and combined coal tar 5%, allantoin 2%, and hydrocortisone 0.5%. Calcipotriol caused significantly more skin irritation than potent topical corticosteroids (number needed to treat to harm for irritation 10, 95% confidence interval 6 to 34). Calcipotriol monotherapy also caused more irritation than calcipotriol combined with a potent topical corticosteroid (6, 4 to 8). However, the number needed to treat for dithranol to produce lesional or perilesional irritation was 4 (3 to 5). On average, treating 23 patients with short contact dithranol led to one more patient dropping out of treatment owing to adverse effects than if they were treated with calcipotriol. CONCLUSIONS: Calcipotriol is an effective treatment for mild to moderate chronic plaque psoriasis, more so than calcitriol, tacalcitol, coal tar, and short contact dithranol. Only potent topical corticosteroids seem to have comparable efficacy at eight weeks. Although calcipotriol caused more skin irritation than topical corticosteroids this has to be balanced against the potential long term effects of corticosteroids. Skin irritation rarely led to withdrawal of calcipotriol treatment. Longer term comparative trials of calcipotriol versus dithranol and topical corticosteroids are needed to see whether these short term benefits are mirrored by long term outcomes such as duration of remission and improvement in quality of life. (+info)
Bioavailability of the genotoxic components in coal tar contaminated soils in Fischer 344 rats. (4/76)The effect of chemical aging on the bioavailability and subsequent genotoxicity of coal tar (CT)-contaminated soils was evaluated in a 17-day feeding study using Fischer 344 male rats. Rats consumed a control diet or diets amended with soil, 0.35% CT, or soil freshly prepared or aged for 9 months with 0.35% CT. Mild treatment-related microscopic lesions in liver tissue and elevated enzyme levels in serum were detected in all CT treatment groups. The (32)P-postlabeling assay was employed to determine DNA adduct formation in treated animals. All CT treatment groups induced DNA adducts in both the liver and lung. Adduct levels were 3-fold higher in lung DNA compared to hepatic DNA. After correcting adduct levels for total ingested polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), a significant decrease (p < 0.05) in adduct levels was observed in both CT/soil treatment groups compared to CT control in liver and lung DNA. Adduct profiles of (32)P-postlabeled hepatic and lung DNA displayed several nonpolar DNA adducts that comigrated with PAH-adducted calf thymus DNA standards as determined through both thin-layer chromatography (TLC) and high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC). These results suggest that soil, but not aging of contaminants in soil, decreases the bioavailability of genotoxic components in CT, as evidenced by DNA adduct analysis. (+info)
DNA adduct measurements, cell proliferation and tumor mutation induction in relation to tumor formation in B6C3F1 mice fed coal tar or benzo[a]pyrene. (5/76)Coal tar is a complex mixture containing hundreds of compounds, at least 30 of which are polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, including the carcinogen benzo[a]pyrene (BaP). Although humans are exposed to complex mixtures on a daily basis, the synergistic or individual effects of components within a mixture on the carcinogenic process remain unclear. We have compared DNA adduct formation and cell proliferation in mice fed coal tar or BaP for 4 weeks with tumor formation in a 2 year chronic feeding study. Additionally, we have analyzed tumor DNA for mutations in the K-ras, H-ras and p53 genes. In the forestomach of mice fed either coal tar or BaP an adduct indicative of BaP was detected, with adduct levels increasing in a dose-responsive manner. K-ras mutations were detected in the forestomach tumors, with the incidence being similar in mice fed coal tar or BaP. These results suggest that the BaP within coal tar is associated with forestomach tumor induction in coal tar-fed mice. DNA adduct levels in the small intestine were not predictive of tumor incidence in this tissue; instead, the tumors appeared to result from compound-induced cell proliferation at high doses of coal tar. K-ras mutations were detected in lung tumors. Since lung tumors were not increased by BaP, coal tar components other than BaP appear to be responsible for the tumors induced in this tissue. H-ras mutations, primarily occurring at codon 61, were the most common mutation observed in liver tumors induced by coal tar. Since this mutation profile is observed in spontaneous hepatic tumors, components in the coal tar may be promoting the expansion of pre-existing lesions. (+info)
Naphthalene and donor cell density influence field conjugation of naphthalene catabolism plasmids. (6/76)We examined transfer of naphthalene-catabolic genes from donor microorganisms native to a contaminated site to site-derived, rifampin-resistant recipient bacteria unable to grow on naphthalene. Horizontal gene transfer (HGT) was demonstrated in filter matings using groundwater microorganisms as donors. Two distinct but similar plasmid types, closely related to pDTG1, were retrieved. In laboratory-incubated sediment matings, the addition of naphthalene stimulated HGT. However, recipient bacteria deployed in recoverable vessels in the field site (in situ) did not retrieve plasmids from native donors. Only when plasmid-containing donor cells and naphthalene were added to the in situ mating experiments did HGT occur. (+info)
7H-benzo[c]fluorene: a major DNA adduct-forming component of coal tar. (7/76)Coal tar is a complex mixture that exhibits high carcinogenic potency in lungs of animals when administered in the diet. Studies have noted that lung tumor induction does not correlate with the benzo[a]pyrene content of coal tar, suggesting that other hydrocarbons may be involved in the observed tumorigenicity. Our previous studies have demonstrated that a major 'unknown' chemical-DNA adduct is formed in the lung of mice exposed to coal tar. We have used an in vitro rat microsomal activation system to generate the 'unknown' adduct with neat coal tar and fractions of coal tar obtained by chemical fractionation and HPLC. Chemical-DNA adduct formation was evaluated by (32)P-postlabeling using both multi-dimensional TLC and HPLC. GC-MS analysis of the coal tar fractions obtained from HPLC, which produced the 'unknown' adduct in vitro, demonstrated that the adducting hydrocarbon had a mass of 216. A careful evaluation of candidate hydrocarbons led to the conclusion that a benzofluorene derivative may be responsible for forming the 'unknown' chemical-DNA adduct. Comparative in vitro and in vivo studies on the adducting properties of all three isomers of benzofluorene indicated that 7H-benzo[c]fluorene is responsible for producing the 'unknown' adduct observed in the lung of mice ingesting coal tar. Animal feeding studies also demonstrated that 7H-benzo[c]fluorene formed considerably more lung DNA adducts than 11H-benzo[a]fluorene and 11H-benzo[b]fluorene. These data indicate that the four-ring polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon 7H-benzo[c]fluorene, a hydrocarbon not previously shown to form DNA adducts in lung, is in fact a potent lung DNA adductor and is a candidate PAH for causing lung tumors in animals treated with coal tar. (+info)
A novel skin penetration enhancer: evaluation by membrane diffusion and confocal microscopy. (8/76)PURPOSE: The aim of this study was to determine the in vitro transdermal efficacy of a Meyer Zall Laboratories (MZL) oil/water emulsion in two separate preparations containing the actives, coal tar and the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, diclofenac sodium. METHOD: The release rate of the two active ingredients from MZL dermatological preparations, Exorex and Athru-Derm and four comparator products was determined using an enhancer cell system, whilst specific penetration characteristics of the MZL formulation were elucidated using confocal and electron microscopy. The latter properties were explored at both the organ level, using human skin, as well as at a cellular level using a melanoma cell line. RESULTS: While the in vitro release rates for all formulations was high, coal tar and diclofenac release from Exorex and Athru-Derm respectively was, at nearly all time intervals, significantly higher than from comparator products. Microscopy revealed the presence of spherical liposomal type structures in both the MZL lotion and a comparator gel. In the MZL lotion, the majority of these structures, referred to here as emzaloid particles, were in the order of magnitude of about 50 nm to 1 microm in diameter with a small minority exceeding these dimensions. After application of Athru-Derm to human skin, intact emzaloid particles of submicron dimensions were detected in the epidermis in association with the cell membranes. The affinity of the MZL lotion for cell membranes was further demonstrated with melanoma cells; in addition, the formulation was seen to penetrate even to the nucleus of viable cells. CONCLUSION: Overall the data suggest that the oil/water base in MZL formulations is a highly efficient transdermal vehicle able to transport a wide range of indication- specific actives to their site of action. (+info)
Coal Tar and Coal-Tar Pitch - National Cancer Institute
The primary routes of human exposure to coal tars and coal-tar products are inhalation, ingestion, and absorption through the skin. Exposure to coal tars and coal-tar pitches may occur at foundries and during coke production, coal gasification, and aluminum production. Other workers who may be exposed to coal-tar pitches include those who produce or use pavement tar, roofing tar, coal-tar paints, coal-tar enamels, other coal-tar coatings, or refractory bricks.. The general population may be exposed to coal tars in environmental contaminants and through the use of coal tar preparations to treat skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff.. ...
Buy Modified Medium Temperature Coal Tar Pitch Resistance against seawater Price,Size,Weight,Model,Width -Okorder.com
Buy Modified Medium Temperature Coal Tar Pitch Resistance against seawater, Find Details include Size,Weight,Model and Width about Modified Medium Temperature Coal Tar Pitch Resistance against seawater. Make an Inquiry for Modified Medium Temperature Coal Tar Pitch Resistance against seawater at OKorder.com.
coal tar products list - coal tar products list Manufacturer
coal tar products list Manufacturers & coal tar products list Suppliers Directory - choose coal tar products list from 709 coal tar products list Super Suppliers of China.
Crude Coal Tar, View coal tar pitch, Product Details from CHEMPOLYTRADING on Alibaba.com
Crude Coal Tar,US $ 500 - 800 / Metric Ton, Pakistan, Coal Tar Pitch, Density at 20 Degrees Centigrade; 1.20.Source from CHEMPOLYTRADING on Alibaba.com.
Not tarred with the same brush: Study attempts to define the varied molecular makeup of coal tars - Ezine - separationsNOW.com
Mother Nature Do not tar all coal tars with the same brush for under their apparently standard black-treacle viscosity and appearance, coal tars can differ considerably from one another in their molecular profiles. It is these differences that troubles industry, for the phenolic makeup of coal tars dictates their stability. Highly abundant in...
Creosote oil /Crude coal tar oil for steel manufacturing Malaysia Crude Oil
Creosote oil /Crude coal tar oil for steel manufacturing,complete details about Creosote oil /Crude coal tar oil for steel manufacturing provided by SYMPHONY RESOURCES. You may also find other latest Creosote oil /Crude coal tar oil for steel manufacturing selling and buying leads on weiku.com.
Coal Tar Pitch, Tar Oils, USP Tar, Phenol
CoalTarDistillates like Coal Tar Pitch, Crude & Refined Naphthalene, Phenol, Creosote Oil are obtained by tar fractional distillation & Needle Pitch Coke
Coal Tar Pitch
Coal Tar Pitch for Clay Targets, Activated Carbons, Pavement Seals, Roofing Applications, Carbon Brush Manufacturing, Water Proofing
Coal Tar Pitch Distillation - Manufacturing Plant, Detailed Project Report, Profile, Business Plan, Industry Trends, Market...
Detailed Project Reports & Profiles on Coal Tar Pitch Distillation - Manufacturing Plant, Detailed Project Report, Profile, Business Plan, Industry Trends, Market Research, Survey, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, Feasibility Study, Investment Opportunities, Cost And Revenue
Mortality and cancer morbidity in workers from an aluminium smelter with prebaked carbon anodes--Part III: Mortality from...
PubMed Central Canada (PMC Canada) provides free access to a stable and permanent online digital archive of full-text, peer-reviewed health and life sciences research publications. It builds on PubMed Central (PMC), the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature and is a member of the broader PMC International (PMCI) network of e-repositories.
Coal Tar Sealers
Mahler et al. 2012. Coal-Tar-Based Pavement Sealcoat and PAHs: Implications for the Environment, Human Health, and Stormwater Management. Environmental Science and Technology 46, 3039-3045.. Mahler et al. 2014. Concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and azaarenes in runoff from coal-tar- and asphalt-sealcoated pavement. Environmental Pollution 188: 81-87. (Link). Pryer, et al. 2010. Coal-tar based pavement sealant toxicity to freshwater macroinvertebrates. Environmental Pollution 158, pp. 1932-1937 (Link). Titaley, Ivan A., et al. 2016. Identification and Toxicological Evaluation of Unsubstituted PAHs and Novel PAH Derivatives in Pavement Sealcoat Products. Environmental Science & Technology Letters, April. doi:10.1021/acs.estlett.6b00116. (Link). Van Metre et al. 2010. Contributions of PAHs from Coal Tar Pavement Sealcoat and Other Sources to 40 U.S. Lakes, Science of the Total Environment 409, pp.334-344.(Link). Witter et al. 2014. Coal-tar-based sealcoated pavement: A ...
Coal Tar Ban
Montgomery County, MD has banned the use of coal tar pavement sealants. Learn more about the coal tar ban and possible alternatives to use.
Patent US5713393 - Coal tar enamel coated steel pipe and process for same - Google Patents
Described is a preferred method for manufacturing a coal tar enamel-coated steel pipe, in which a primer coat of epoxy resin is applied to a preheated steel pipe, and coal tar enamel is applied to the primer coat prior to full curing of the latter. The resulting coated steel pipes, which also are described, exhibit excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment, heat and water.
United States Coal Tar Creosote Market Report 2017 : ReportsnReports
[110 Pages Report] Check for Discount on United States Coal Tar Creosote Market Report 2017 report by QYResearch Group. In this report, the United States Coal Tar Creosote market...
Epoxy Paint Coal Tar (Black), Lead Paints, Chrome Free Paints, Polyurethane Coatings, Manufacturer, India
Epoxy Paint Coal Tar (Black), Lead Paints, Chrome Free Paints, Polyurethane Coatings, Epoxy Floor Coating, Epoxy Paints, Coal Tar Epoxy Paints, Manufacturer, Pune, India
Rawle & Henderson LLP: DRI Toxic Tort, July 2012: Are Chromosomal Aberrations Trump Card in Toxic Tort Causations?
Eric K. Falk is a Partner in the Firms Pittsburgh office. Since 1988, he has concentrated his practice in the area of toxic tort litigation, defending both Fortune 500 companies and regional businesses against allegations of various diseases due to exposures to asbestos, silica, coal tar pitch and coal tar pitch volatiles, and a variety of chemicals and solvents, including benzene, toluene, xylene, isocyanates and various other aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons. Mr. Falk has handled cases involving a wide variety of disease claims, including mesothelioma, lung cancer, esophageal cancer, the various leukemias, lymphomas, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, colon cancer, toxic encephalopathy and other neurological deficits. He has represented his clients in a variety of jurisdictions, including Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Texas, Washington, Minnesota, Tennessee, New York, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Arkansas. Mr. Falk is currently a Vice Chair of the ABA Toxic ...
COAL TAR PITCH
COAL TAR ( LIQUID , PENCILS , LUMPS ). USED IN ALUMINUM PLANTS* * ENTERS IN MANY MIXTURES WHICH ARE USED AS A BUFFER AGAINST RUST TO SAVE WATER PIPES AND METAL SURFACES USED IN SOME PAINTS *. GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS :. ...
Metaglossary.com - Definitions for cement
A building material made by grinding calcite limestone and clay to a fine powder which can be mixed with water and poured to set as a solid mass. Also used in making mortar or concrete. Coal Tar - Coal tar is a common ingredient used in the production of pavement sealer due to chemical and UV resistance properties. Coal Tar Emulsion - A pavement sealer consisting of coal tar, water, emulsifiers, and filler designed to protect and beautify asphalt pavement. Coal tar also provides oil and gasoline resistance ...
Lucas #010 Coal Tar Resaturant
Manufactured from 100% refined coal tar pitch, aromatic solvents, reinforcing fibers, and mineral fillers to adjust viscosity and working properties. No asphaltic or aliphatic materials are added to this product.. ...
Good foods for psoriasis - coal tar psoriasis shampoo
I suddenly developed psoriasis at the age of 67. This reaction is essentially a case of cell miscommunication, as the T cells get the message from the immune system to keep reproducing in the area, which is what causes the thickening and swelling of the skin. Drugs that depress the immune system, including methotrexate and cyclosporine, help some people with psoriasis. Creams of mild strength are usually prescribed for psoriasis photo of nail psoriasis sensitive skin areas, like folds of skin, face, etc. Coal tar is available as an ointment, cream, lotion, shampoo, bath oil and soap.
Asphalt Coatings & Coal Tar
Lucas asphalt coatings offer the most economical coating solution for low sloped asphalt and modified bitumen roofs. We offer both water and solvent-based formulas in both fibered and non-fibered versions. In addition, we manufacture rubber modified asphalt and coal tar based products that provide higher performance in certain applications ...
ChemIDplus - 84989-09-3 - Distillates (coal tar), naphthalene oils, naphthalene-low - Searchable synonyms, formulas, resource...
84989-09-3 - Distillates (coal tar), naphthalene oils, naphthalene-low - Searchable synonyms, formulas, resource links, and other chemical information.
COAL TAR & SALICYLIC ACID OINTMENT | PSORIASIS 50g - Eccolenka
Coal tar works as Keratoplastic. It causes the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer and slow down the growth of skin cells ...
CATALYST USED FOR CONVERTING COAL TAR TO DIESEL OIL, ITS PREPARATION METHOD AND USE THEREOF - Patent application
TABLE-US-00003 TABLE 3 Properties of coal tar and diesel oil Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- Exam- ple ple ple ple ple ple 1 ple 2 ple 3 ple 4 ple 5 ple 6 ple 7 ple 8 ple 9 10 11 12 13 14 Density 0.92 0.93 0.93 0.94 0.92 0.92 0.93 0.92 0.92 0.92 0.92 0.92 0.92 0.93 (kg/m3) Carbon residue 0.3 0.2 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.34 0.4 0.3 0.3 0.28 0.35 0.29 0.34 0.28 (wt %) Freezing point -15 -16 -15 -15 -15 -14 -15 -15 -15 -16 -14 -16 -15 -15 (° C.) IBP/10% 110/200 110/180 120/190 115/200 110/195 115/195 117/195 120/195 115/200 130/195 115/195 115/195 120/195 130/195 50%/90% 280/320 240/320 290/325 275/310 280/310 270/310 280/320 280/310 280/325 280/315 280/317 280/320 280/310 290/320 FBP 330 335 332 335 335 333 335 330 335 330 330 330 325 320 Yield of diesel 60 60 60 59 59 60 60 60 60 60 61 60 60 60 oil ...
Coal tar colours of Farbwerke vorm. Meister, Lucius & Brüning, Hoechst on Main, Germany, and their application in wool dyeing....
Coal tar colours of Farbwerke vorm. Meister, Lucius & Brüning, Hoechst on Main, Germany, and their application in wool dyeing. Third ...
Penobscot River coal tar removal nears completion - Bangor - Bangor Daily News - BDN Maine
BANGOR, Maine - An expensive and heavily monitored coal tar removal and remediation project on the Bangor Waterfront is nearing completion a little behind schedule but a little under budget, City …. Maine news, sports, politics, election results, and obituaries from the Bangor Daily News.
Tell me about coal tar epoxy- [Archive] - Houseboat Forums
Weve owned our SkipperLiner for going on 9 years now. Has a steel semi-V hull, dead-flat at the stern, 9 up front. Im fixing to pull the boat this weekend after 3-1/2 years in the water for some much needed maintenance, the biggie being sandblasting the hull to inspect and repair anything if needed and finishing up with coal tar epoxy. Not sure if Im going to do the sandblasting or pay to have it done. For simply the moneys sake, Id rather do it myself. I have access to a diesel
Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid Information - Drugs.com
Easy to read patient leaflet for Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, precautions, and possible side effects.
Scytera (coal tar) Foam, 2% (aerosol, foam) DPT Laboratories, Ltd.
Drug information for Scytera (coal tar) Foam, 2% by DPT Laboratories, Ltd.. Includes: facts, uses, warnings, directions and more.
How To Remove Coal Tar From Hot Water Pipes Without Removing The Pipes
One of my customers having painted his hot water pipes with coal tar, with the usual result, was advised to take them out and burn them to take it off. The house was new and beautifully finished. The ...
Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Anti-Dandruff Coal Tar Extract, 16 fl oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
Free 2-day shipping on qualified orders over $35. Buy Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Anti-Dandruff Coal Tar Extract, 16 fl oz at Walmart.com
60 Tons of Toxic Coal Tar Dumped Into River in China | Fox News
Cleanup crews in northern China were scrambling Thursday to absorb 60 tons of toxic coal tar accidentally dumped into a river before it reaches a reservoir serving 10 million people, state media said.
A cable manufacturing enterprise occupational disease hazard evaluation of the ship--《Chinese Journal of Public Health...
Objective To confirm the occupational risk factors and exposure levels existed in the construction project,put forward countermeasures and suggestions of occupational health supervision for the government and enterprises and provide a scientific basis for the daily management of the occupational disease prevention and control. Methods The project was evaluated by collecting relevant information site investigation,occupational health and occupational health inspection,occupational health examination and check table method. Results The main occupational risk factors were the welding soot,grinding wheel grinding dust,dust,manganese and other compounds,nitrogen oxides,ozone,coal tar pitch volatiles,noise,high temperature and ultraviolet radiation. Time weighted average concentration of Braided chains flash welding was5. 58 mg / m~3,more than PC-TWA limits; The noise at woven chain section was 88. 1-89. 7 d B( A),exceeding the occupational exposure limits; The rest of the dust concentration of each position
USGS NAWQA: FAQ Parking-Lot Sealcoat: A Major Source of PAHs in Urban and Suburban Environments
What concentrations of PAHs wash off sealed and unsealed parking lots? (top of page). The NAWQA study found that concentrations of PAHs were much higher in runoff from parking lots sealed with coal-tar based sealcoat than from all other types of parking-lot surfaces. The average concentration in runoff from coal-tar sealed lots was 3,500 mg/kg, about 65 times higher than the average concentration in particles washed off parking lots that had not been sealcoated (54 mg/kg). The average concentration in particles washed off parking lots sealed with asphalt-based sealcoat was 620 mg/kg, about 6 times less than coal-tar based sealcoat, but still 10 times higher than the concentration from unsealed parking lots (Mahler and others, 2005, Parking Lot Sealcoat: An Unrecognized Source of Urban Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Environmental Science & Technology, v. 39, p. 5560-5566) Runoff from all parking lots is contaminated with PAHs from leaking motor oil, tire particles, vehicle exhaust, and ...
High Temperature Coal Tar Pitch - HEBEI QUNBANG CHEMICAL CO.,LTD. - ecplaza.net
It is widely used for waterproof,refractory raw materials etc. Welcome to contact us! Sales Manager:Sara Lee Whatsapp:0086-13633207915
Dr. Fukayas blog about TSA (Topical Steroid Addiction) : 6月 2014
Cholesterol is the primary material of all steroids. It is converted by the enzyme CYP11A1 to pregnenolone. On the other hand, CPY11A1 is an enzyme to metabolize aromatic carbonates which are contained in Coal Tar. Coal Tar has been known to be useful to make eczema subside since the time before topical steroids were on the market. If aromatic carbonates in the coal tar induce expression of CPY11A1, cortisol production in the skin is also accelerated. Vitamin D is also known to be metabolized by CPY11A1 (→ ref.) and there is medical literature topical Vitamin D works on eczema (→ ref.) . It may be of the same reason ...
Page:Alcohol, a Dangerous and Unnecessary Medicine.djvu/362 - Wikisource, the free online library
of death reported as resulting from acute, or chronic poisoning, by sulphonal.. PHENACETINE :-Phenacetine is a product of coal tar, and an antipyretic, a drug that lessens the temperature in high fevers, and rapidly disintegrates the blood.. ANTIFEBRIN :-Antifebrin, another of the coal tar preparations, is the registered name for acetanelid. Its effects are very similar to the effects of phenacetine, and it is used in fevers for lessening the temperature, and for neuralgic pains. The medicinal dose is from 3 to 10 grains. Unpleasant effects follow its continued use, such as great exhaustion, blueness of the lips, and a slow, labored pulse.. HEADACHE REMEDIES :-The indiscriminate use of the many coal tar products and other hypnotics, such as sulphonal, phenacetine, antifebrin, chloral, bromidia, etc., under the guise of headache remedies is productive of much disaster, all being nerve paralyzants.. ...
University of Alabama Institutional Repository: The Direct Production of Aniline from Benzene
Aniline was accurately investigated by A. W. Hoffman in 1843. He was able to show that all of the above products are identical and for them he selected Fritsches name, aniline. His work on the separation of aniline from coal tar started in 1843, and continued after his arrival in England in 1845, and it is remarkable to learn that practically all of them aniline used for his numerous researches was obtained by the laborious and costly process of distilling indigo with caustic potash. Having found aniline in coal tar he was persuaded that benzene could also be found in it. This belief was verified by Charles Mansfield who obtained both benzene and toluene from coal tar ...
Survival of naphthalene-degrading Pseudomonas putida NCIB 9816-4 in naphthalene-amended soils: Toxicity of naphthalene and its...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Survival of naphthalene-degrading Pseudomonas putida NCIB 9816-4 in naphthalene-amended soils. T2 - Toxicity of naphthalene and its metabolites. AU - Park, W.. AU - Jeon, C. O.. AU - Cadillo, H.. AU - DeRito, C.. AU - Madsen, E. L.. PY - 2004/4/1. Y1 - 2004/4/1. N2 - Survival of naphthalene-degrading Pseudomonas putida NCIB 9816-4 was measured in nonsterile soil samples (coal tar-contaminated and pristine) with and without added crystalline naphthalene over a period of 21 days. A 2-3 log decrease in cfu occurred in the presence, but not absence, of added naphthalene. We used aqueous suspensions of crystalline naphthalene to explore potential mechanisms of its toxicity on the test bacterium under aerobic conditions. Measurements of dissolved naphthalene in medium indicated that uptake by P. putida NCIB 9816-4 maintained naphthalene at concentrations well below saturation. Accumulation of catechol was documented by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography/mass ...
Easy Way For Export& Import, Egypt, Manufacturer, Trading Company, Agent, sbmtrade.com
Address: magzar st mariotia abrag sara. Country/Region: Egypt. Product/Service: Metallurgical Coke, Crude Benzol, Creosote Oil, Naphthalene, Nitric Acid, Coal Tar, Coal Tar Pitch, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Quartz,
The Cayman Institute: Coal-Tar-Sealant Runoff Causes Toxicity and DNA Damage
Pavement sealant is a black liquid sprayed or painted on the asphalt pavement of parking lots, driveways and playgrounds to improve appearance and protect the underlying asphalt. Pavement sealants that contain coal tar have extremely high levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). Coal tar is a known human carcinogen; several PAHs are probable human carcinogens and some are toxic to fish and other aquatic life.. Rainwater runoff collected as long as three months after coal-tar-sealcoat application caused 100% mortality to minnows and water fleas, which are part of the base of the food chain, when the test organisms were exposed to ultra-violet radiation to simulate sunlight. The full study, reported in the scientific journal Environmental Science and Technology, is available online.. Exposure of fish cells to coal-tar sealant runoff damaged their DNA and impaired the ability of the cells to repair DNA damage. The simultaneous occurrence of DNA damage and impairment of DNA repair has ...
Patent US4756721 - High solids content coal-tar mixture - Google Patents
By optimizing grinding conditions it is possible to obtain a grain-size distribution of coal milled together with tar that is especially suitable for the production of high-solids (|50% by weight) coal-tar mixtures that are pumpable and easy to inject into the blast furnace.
MG217 Medicated Multi-Symptom Tar Ointment|br /
MG217® Medicated Multi-Symptom Tar Ointment effectively removes psoriasis scales and relieves itching and dryness while promoting healthy, clear skin. The intensive strength formula contains 10% Coal Tar Solution USP (equivalent to 2% coal tar). The Ointment base is designed to retain the skins natural moisture and enhance the penetration and therapeutic effectiveness of the active ingredient. Helps prevent the recurrence of psoriasis symptoms. Not for use on the scalp; may be very difficult to remove from the hair, and not recommended for use on the face.. ...
Coal tar - Everything2.com
Coal tar` (?). A thick, black, tarry liquid, obtained by the distillation of bituminous coal in the manufacture of illuminating gas; used for maki...
Eurasian chemical market
Coal tar is a unique raw material extracted from coal. This product can be processed into the six main fractions. The CIS market of coal tar is represented by approximately 25 producers, 11 of them being the major ones. Their plants are located mainly in Russia and Ukraine, and some - in Kazakhstan. The Russian and Ukrainian companies produce about 1.5m-1.8m tonnes and 1.1m-1.3m tonnes ...
Seal of Recognition Product DirectoryAll | National Psoriasis Foundation
MG217s Medicated Multi-Symptom Coal Tar Ointment helps to slow cell overgrowth and moisturize skin to effectively relieve itching, scaling, irritation and redness while promoting healthy, clean skin. It provides a thick layer of intensive strength treatment (3% coal tar) that doesnt need to be reapplied as often and is non-staining for longtime wear. The unique base of the ointment locks in the skins natural moisture, prevents overnight itching and helps to prevent symptom reoccurrence. Works best on skin cleared of build-up, by use of MG217 Salicylic Acid Multi-Symptom Moisturizing Cream.. ...
Trichoscopic evaluation of alopecia areata of the scalp and clinical correlation of these findings with disease activity and...
Clin Dermatol Rev, Official publication of Indian Association of Dermatologist, Venereologist and Leprologists (IADVL) Karnataka Branch
Turpentine, oil, sulfurized, reaction products with hydrogen tetrachloroaurate(-1) methyl 10-(4-acetylphenyl)undecanoate 1-[2-benzylsulfonyl-1-(1-piperidyl)ethenyl]piperidine 1-[(4-methylphenyl)amino]cyclopentane-1-carbonitrile Ethanimidothioic acid,N-[[(methylamino)- carbonyl]oxy]-,methyl ester Benz(c)acridine-10-carboxylic acid strontium(+2) cation; 2-sulfanylacetate 3-(trifluoromethyl)-1,2,4-oxadiazole C.I. Direct Violet 88 Residues (coal tar), pitch distn.
Pitch, coal tar, high-temp., heat-treated - EC Inventory - ECHA
EINECS (European INventory of Existing Commercial chemical Substances) as published in O.J. C 146A, 15.6.1990. EINECS is an inventory of substances that were deemed to be on the European Community market between 1 January 1971 and 18 September 1981. EINECS was drawn up by the European Commission in the application of Article 13 of Directive 67/548/EEC, as amended by Directive 79/831/EEC, and in accordance with the detailed provisions of Commission Decision 81/437/EEC. Substances listed in EINECS are considered phase-in substances under the REACH Regulation ...
Topical coal tar and all-trans retinoic acid modulate drug metabolising gene expression in human skin in vivo - Research...
Timofeeva, M. N. , Kinnersley, B. , Farrington, S. M. , Whiffin, N. , Palles, C. , Svinti, V. , Lloyd, A. , Gorman, M. , Ooi, L. Y. , Hosking, F. , Barclay, E. , Zgaga, L. , Dobbins, S. , Martin, L. , Theodoratou, E. , Broderick, P. , Tenesa, A. , Smillie, C. , Grimes, G. , Hayward, C. & 41 others Campbell, A., Porteous, D., Deary, I. J., Harris, S. E., Northwood, E. L., Barrett, J. H., Smith, G., Wolf, R., Forman, D., Morreau, H., Ruano, D., Tops, C., Wijnen, J., Schrumpf, M., Boot, A., Vasen, H. F. A., Hes, F. J., Van Wezel, T., Franke, A., Lieb, W., Schafmayer, C., Hampe, J., Buch, S., Propping, P., Hemminki, K., Försti, A., Westers, H., Hofstra, R., Pinheiro, M., Pinto, C., Teixeira, M., Ruiz-Ponte, C., Fernández-Rozadilla, C., Carracedo, A., Castells, A., Castellví-Bel, S., Campbell, H., Bishop, D. T., Tomlinson, I. P. M., Dunlop, M. G. & Houlston, R. S. 10 Nov 2015 In : Scientific Reports. 5, 10 p., 16286. Research output: Contribution to journal › Article ...
GENERIC NAME(S): Coal TarFind Lowest Prices (16 August 2017). "Anti-Dandruff (coal tar)". WebMD. Archived from the original on ... Coal tar causes the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and slows skin cell growth. Dandruff affects around half of all ...
Neuroblastoma Coal Tar Cancer. Clutterinvestigations.com. Retrieved on November 20, 2015. The case files for the case against ...
Coke, coal gas, gaseous carbon, coal tar, ammonia liquor, and coal oil are examples of commercial products historically ... Destructive distillation of a tonne of coal can produce 700 kg of coke, 100 liters of liquor ammonia, 50 liters of coal tar and ... Dry distillation Pyrolysis Thermolysis Cracking (chemistry) Lunge, George (1887). Coal-tar and ammonia. Gurney and Jackson. ... Currently the major industrial application of destructive distillation is to coal. Historically the process of destructive ...
This colourless liquid is a component of coal tar. Benzofuran is the "parent" of many related compounds with more complex ... Benzofuran is extracted from coal tar. It is also obtained by dehydrogenation of 2-ethylphenol. Benzofurans can be prepared by ...
It occurs naturally in coal tar. Prehnitene is one of three isomers of tetramethylbenzene, the other two being isodurine (1,2,3 ...
... and it smells of coal tar. Microscopically, S. thailandica has spores with less prominent surface warts. Spongiforma ...
It also occurs in coal tar. The corresponding substituent is called indolyl. Indole undergoes electrophilic substitution, ...
It is recovered from coal tar. It can be prepared from aniline and paraldehyde via Skraup synthesis or from aniline and ...
It is a component of coal tar. Anthracene is used in the production of the red dye alizarin and other dyes. Anthracene is ... Coal tar, which contains around 1.5% anthracene, remains a major source of this material. Common impurities are phenanthrene ... The mineral form of anthracene is called freitalite and is related to a coal deposit. A classic laboratory method for the ...
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (Pakistan)
They first pelted the statue with stones; then smothered its face with coal tar. Then a man made a garland of old shoes climbed ...
Gaymer Cider Company
From Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar. History Press. pp. 116-. ISBN 978-0-7524-9612-2. Norfolk Record Office MC 297/8/1-26 Adrian ...
People were running helter-skelter....The fire burnt sand into coal tar. Most of our people had to flee the community to ...
... is a coal-tar blue dye that became popular for colouring silk in 1861. It was one of the first synthetic dyes. The name ... Chemists at first did not know the structure of the molecules in the coal tar dyes including azuline. Use of azuline was ... On colouring matters derived from coal tar". Quarterly Journal of the Chemical Society of London. 14 (1): 230. doi:10.1039/ ...
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
... by topically applying coal tar to rabbit ears. In 1922, Ernest Kennaway determined that the carcinogenic component of coal tar ... A century later, Richard von Volkmann reported increased skin cancers in workers of the coal tar industry of Germany, and by ... coal tar) was demonstrated to be carcinogenic. In the 1930s and later, epidemiologists from Japan, the UK, and the US, ... pyrene to that of the carcinogenic component of coal tar, the first time that a specific compound from an environmental mixture ...
1817 in the United Kingdom
John Kidd extracts naphthalene from coal tar. A Typhus epidemic occurs in Edinburgh and Glasgow. John Constable paints Flatford ...
David Lester (biochemist)
Brown, Trevor; Dronsfield, Alan; Ellis, Peter (1 July 2005). "Pain relief: from coal tar to paracetamol". Education in ...
... pyridine was extracted from coal tar or obtained as a byproduct of coal gasification. The process was labor-consuming and ... Historically, pyridine was produced from coal tar. Today it is synthesized on the scale of about 20,000 tons per year worldwide ... Anderson, Thomas (1849). "On the constitution and properties of picoline, a new organic base from coal-tar". Transactions of ... coal tar contains only about 0.1% pyridine, and therefore a multi-stage purification was required, which further reduced the ...
Tanjung Priok Dock of 4,000 tons
The pontoons were painted with coal tar. There was also work for the navy. In April 1897 Tanjung Priok Dock of 4,000 Tons ...
John Kidd extracts naphthalene from coal tar. March 25, 1811 - The Great Comet of 1811 is discovered by Honoré Flaugergues. ... October 21, 1815 - Humphry Davy patents the miner's safety lamp for use in coal mining. January 9, 1816 - Sir Humphry Davy ...
... was originally isolated from coal tar pitch. It is still obtained from the high boiling fraction of coal tar, ...
... occurs as about 2% of coal tar. It is produced industrially by gas phase dehydrogenation of acenaphthene. ...
The coal tar processor Cindu Chemicals in the Netherlands was acquired in 2010. Koppers sources coal tar from around the world ... A Koppers primary raw material is coal tar. Asphalt sealants produced from coal tar contain benzo(a)pyrene and other toxic ... www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-toxic-coal-tar-sealant-20110115,0,7422954,full.story Koppers homepage History and ...
The land was later sold, but due to legislation enacted in 1980, CIPS was now responsible for the cleanup of coal tar that was ... His work on the Donaldson v. Central Illinois Public Service Company case led him to write the book Coal Tar: How Corrupt ... "Interview: Taylorville Coal Tar Contamination Three Decades Later". NPR Illinois. Retrieved October 12, 2020. Davis, Akila ( ... IL caused by exposure to coal tar. Voting Rights Act Lawsuit In 1985, while working as an investigator for a law firm in ...
The naphtha was distilled from coal tar, with the Bonnington Chemical Works being a major supplier. Syme did not propose the ... Thomson, T., Phillips, R., & Brayley, E. (1818). Article V: on a substance from coal tar. Annals Of Philosophy, XII, 112-113 ... Ronalds, B.F. (2019). "Bonnington Chemical Works (1822-1878): Pioneer Coal Tar Company". International Journal for the History ... Syme's method of creating the solvent from coal tar was published in Thomson's Annals of Philosophy in 1818; this paper also ...
It occurs naturally in coal tar and petroleum. It is one of the three isomers of trimethylbenzene. It is used in jet fuel, ...
... occurs naturally in coal tar and petroleum. The dominant application of ethylbenzene is role as an intermediate in ... It can also be released into the air through the burning of coal, gas, and oil. The use of ethylbenzene in the industry ...
ISBN 978-0-941901-13-0. Reisch, Marc S. (January 12, 1998). "From Coal Tar to Crafting a Wealth of Diversity". Chemical & ... Several possibilities looked promising, including techniques for converting carbon monoxide from coal into acetic anhydride, ...
... was first extracted from coal tar in 1834 by German chemist Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge; he called quinoline leukol (" ... Coal tar remains the principal source of commercial quinoline. In 1842, French chemist Charles Gerhardt obtained a compound by ... Chemical investigations of organic bases in coal tar oil), Annalen der Chemie und Pharmacie, 47 : 37-87 ; see especially pp. 76 ... F. F. Runge (1834) "Ueber einige Produkte der Steinkohlendestillation" (On some products of coal distillation), Annalen der ...
ISBN 0-8242-0930-3. The first coal oil factory to manufacture coal oil from coal tar was started in 1853 by the U.S. Chemical ... Atwood invented "coup oil" in 1852, which was the first oil extracted from coal. Atwood's "coup oil", a product of coal tar, ... The oil made in connection with picric acid, benzol, and other products from coal tar was named Coup Oil by Luther Atwood, the ... This company owned a coal mine at Cannelton, West Virginia. The coal was distilled in retorts at the mine and the crude oil ...
... occurs naturally in petroleum and coal tar. It is emitted by most combustion sources, including automobile exhaust and ...
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs
... lemon flavor and artificial coal tar color. The book takes particular aim at the pharmaceutical market in the United States ...
"Structural modification of coal-tar pitch fractions during mild oxidation - relevance to carbonization behavior". Carbon. 40 ( ... When derived from coal it is referred to as activated coal. Activated coke is derived from coke. ... Activated carbon, often infused with sulfur or iodine, is widely used to trap mercury emissions from coal-fired power ... coal, and petroleum pitch. It can be produced by one of the following processes: *Physical activation: The source material is ...
Benzo[a]pyrene (BaP) is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon found in coal tar with the formula C20H12. The compound is one of the ... The main source of atmospheric BaP is residential wood burning. It is also found in coal tar, in automobile exhaust fumes ( ... Cook, J. W., Hewett, C. L., & Hieger, I. (1933). The isolation of a cancer producing Hydrocarbon from coal tar. J. Chem. Soc. ... and its carcinogenicity was demonstrated when skin tumors occurred in laboratory animals repeatedly painted with coal tar. ...
Lower-temperature gasification is desirable when co-producing biochar, but results in syngas polluted with tar. ... such as coal and petroleum, from prehistoric biological matter. ... fuels by 2050 to reduce dependence on petroleum and coal. ...
Camp for Climate Action
"Coal protest team glued to doors" *^ a b Vidal, John (15 December 2008). "Those Kingsnorth police injuries in full: six insect ... particularly Canadian Tar Sands and ran until 25 August. The organisers took the site the day before the publicly announced ... Antwerp Bulk Terminal (ABT) coal terminal Antwerp, Belgium August 2009 Aéroport du Grand Ouest Nantes, France August 2009[ ... BHP Billiton is the world's largest coal producer. Policing. 1,500 officers were involved at an estimated cost of £ ...
The company later expanded into the production of coal tar, and carbolic acid (phenol). The site soon became the world's ... Iron was worked at several blast furnaces and forges throughout the area and coal was mined at pits in Cefn, Plas Kynaston and ... Cefn Mawr was formerly heavily industrialised, with large deposits of iron and coal and sandstone, and heavy industry dominated ...
... as important as petroleum and the coal-tar products of the present time." ... This means that a nation's dependence on oil is reduced, and substituted with use of locally available sources, such as coal, ...
... "tar," and "hard" respectively. ... lamp oil/coal oil - kerosene. *lay out - to be truant; e.g ...
Since all tars must pass through a hot bed of char in this configuration, tar levels are much lower than the counter-current ... Most coals are suitable for this type of gasifier because of the high operating temperatures and because the coal particles are ... The tar can be recycled to the reactor. In the gasification of fine, undensified biomass such as rice hulls, it is necessary to ... In the early time coal and peat were used to power these plants. Initially developed to produce town gas for lighting and ...
Pierre Jean Robiquet
... through synthesis from coal tar and his success had prompted intense research from numerous teams all over Europe on coal tar ... which in turn could be easily obtained from coal tar; over the next ten years Perkin set up the first industrial model of ...
... coal gas was produced in retorts by heating coal in the absence of air: the process being known as coal gasification. This was ... As it moves, a grease seal, tar/oil seal or a sealing membrane which is rolled out and in from the piston keeps the gas from ... The MAN (Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg AG) was introduced in 1915: it was polygonal and used a tar/oil seal. The Klonne dry ... He then adapted the gazomètre for coal gas storage. The term gasometer, anglicisation was adopted by William Murdoch, the ...
At the time, phenol was obtained from coal as a co-product of coke ovens and the manufacture of gas for gas lighting. Laclede ... results in the formation of high molecular weight tars. In order to minimize these side reactions, anhydrous phenol is ...
Virtually all of Germany's aviation gasoline came from synthetic oil plants that hydrogenated coals and coal tars. These ... Coal-powered ships were a tactical weakness because the process of loading coal was extremely slow and dirty and left the ship ... Coal was the fuel that powered their navies. Though both Britain and Germany had natural coal reserves, new developments in oil ... The remainder are products ranging from tar to naphtha. A high-octane-rated fuel, such as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), ...
List of Latin-script digraphs
tj⟩ is used in Norwegian and Faroese words like tjære/tjøra ('tar') for /ç/ (Norwegian) and /tʃ/ (Faroese). In the closely ... oa⟩ is used in English, where it commonly represents the /oʊ/ sound as in road, coal, boast, coaxing, etc. In Middle English, ...
Tars. *Tar / Coal tar#. Antracens. *Dithranol#. Psoralens. *Trioxysalen. *Methoxsalen. Other. *Fumaric acid ...
... coal. Black coal, hard coal, stone coal, blind coal, Kilkenny coal, crow coal, craw coal, black diamond. Metamorphic ... hard coal, stone coal, dark coal, coffee coal, blind coal (in Scotland), Kilkenny coal (in Ireland), crow coal or ... Coal pollution mitigation. *Coal preparation plant. *Coal seam fire. *Coke. *Coal tar ... "Coal characteristics: Indiana Center for Coal Technology Research Basic Facts File #8" (PDF). Indiana Center for Coal ...
Coal tar. *Resorcinol. *Salicylic acid. *Sulfur. *Urea (urea-containing cream). *Lithium salts *Lithium gluconate ...
This technology allows coal or biomass to be converted to diesel.. In the Monsanto process, carbon monoxide and methanol react ... Source for figures: Carbon dioxide, NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, (updated 2010.06). Methane, IPCC TAR table 6.1, ( ... An ancient method of execution was to shut the criminal in a bathing room with smoldering coals. What was not known was the ... engine and explosives however in coal mines carbon monoxide can also be found due to the low temperature oxidation of coal. ...
The peat in these swamps eventually turned into large deposits of coal which are mined in KwaZulu-Natal and on the Highveld. ... The Swartberg Pass is not tarred and can be treacherously slippery after rain. It also becomes impassable after heavy snowfalls ...
Benzo[a]pyrene (BaP) is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon found in coal tar with the formula C20H12. The compound is one of the ... The main source of atmospheric BaP is residential wood burning. It is also found in coal tar, in automobile exhaust fumes ( ... "The isolation of a cancer producing Hydrocarbon from coal tar". J. Chem. Soc. 1933: 395-405.. ... and its carcinogenicity was demonstrated when skin tumors occurred in laboratory animals repeatedly painted with coal tar. ...
Scientific opinion on climate change
Ipcc tar syr (2001), Watson, R. T.; the Core Writing Team, eds., Climate Change 2001: Synthesis Report, Contribution of Working ... These emissions come mainly from the burning of fossil fuels (coal, oil, and gas), with important contributions from the ... Human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels (coal, oil, and natural gas), and secondarily the clearing of land, ... gas and coal), and from agriculture, cement production and deforestation. Evidence from the geological record is consistent ...
However, phototherapy can be effective when used in conjunction with certain topical treatments such as anthralin, coal tar, ... whereas a coal fire emits very weakly in the UV band yet very strongly at IR wavelengths; thus, a fire detector that operates ...
PAHs occur in oil, coal, and tar deposits, and are produced as byproducts of fuel burning (whether fossil fuel or biomass). As ...
Trawler designs adapted as the way they were powered changed from sail to coal-fired steam by World War I to diesel and ... A 7000-year-old seagoing boat made from reeds and tar has been found in Kuwait. These early vessels had limited capability; ... The boats had narrow, high funnels so that the steam and thick coal smoke was released high above the deck and away from the ...
They are extracted from complex mixtures obtained by the refining of oil or by distillation of coal tar, and are used to ...
Canadian National Railway
In the first case, 20 coal cars of a CPR train using a CN bridge derailed, dumping 12 cars of coal into the Thompson River. In ... The tar-like oil and chemicals killed over 500 large migratory birds, animals, fish and other aquatic life. ... Also included in GLT's portfolio were 8 Great Lakes vessels for transporting bulk commodities such as coal and iron ore as well ...
Category:World Health Organization essential medicines
Coal tar. *Codeine. *Combined oral contraceptive pill. *Condom. *Cyclizine. *Cyclophosphamide. *Cycloserine. *Cytarabine ...
... indoor emissions from household coal burning), coal gasification, coal-tar pitch, coke production, soot, diesel engine exhaust) ... Women who are exposed to indoor coal smoke have about twice the risk and a number of the by-products of burning biomass are ... Some products of combustion (incomplete combustion, coal ( ...
Coal tar. *Copper(II) sulfate. *Selenium disulfide. *Sodium thiosulfate. *Piroctone olamine ...
WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
Coal tar. *Fluorouracil. *Podophyllum resin. *Salicylic acid. *Urea. Scabicides and pediculicides. *Benzyl benzoate ...
Wright's Coal Tar Soap - Wikipedia
... "the measurements have been chosen because so many of our readers are users of Wrights Coal Tar Soap". Wrights Coal Tar Soap ... manufacturers and proprietors of Wrights Coal Tar Soap and other coal tar specialities". It soon became necessary for the ... W.V. Wright & Co.s coal-tar soap was first sold in 1860. It was originally named Sapo Carbonis Detergens, which remains a ... By 1898, John Charles Umney had taken over the management of the Coal Tar Soap section of the business. Readers of the Country- ...
Coal Tar Ban
Learn more about the coal tar ban and possible alternatives to use. ... MD has banned the use of coal tar pavement sealants. ... Coal Tar Ban. Coal tar Pavement Sealants are Prohibited in ... Help Make the Ban on Coal Tar a Success!. Download the coal tar informational flyer in English or Spanish (en español) . ... As of December 18, 2012, the use of pavement sealants containing coal tar is prohibited in Montgomery County. Use of a coal-tar ...
Coal tar - Everything2.com
Coal tar pitch volatiles (2005-110) | NIOSH | CDC
coal-tars - Wiktionary
COAL TAR || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
Synonym(s): COAL TAR SOLUTION; TAR, COAL; CARBO-CORT; COAL TAR SOLUTION USP; COAL TAR, AEROSOL; CRUDE COAL TAR; ESTAR (SKIN ... About COAL TAR: Coal Tar is a thick liquid or semi-solid obtained as a by-product in the destructive distillation ofbituminous ... About COAL TAR: Coal Tar is a thick liquid or semi-solid obtained as a by-product in the destructive distillation ofbituminous ... In the United States, Coal Tar may be used as an active ingredient in OTC drugproducts. When used as an active drug ingredien t ...
Coal Tar Sealants
CAS#65996-92-1, CAS#65996-93-2 , CAS#65996-89-6, CAS#8007-45-2, Coal Tar, Coal Tar Pitch, Coal Tar Distillates, RT-12 ... Coal Tar Sealants. Home » Departments » Systems Planning » Planning Areas » Sustainability » Coal Tar Sealants ... What is coal tar sealant? Coal tar-based sealant is applied widely on driveways, parking lots, and even play-grounds as a ... Does coal tar present a health hazard?. For someone who spends their lifetime living adjacent to coal tar seal-coated pavement ...
CDC - NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - Naphtha (coal tar)
Coal Tar (Topical Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic
Coal tar may stain the skin or clothing. Avoid getting it on your clothing. The stain on the skin will wear off after you stop ... After applying coal tar, protect the treated area from direct sunlight and do not use a sunlamp for 72 hours, unless otherwise ... Coal tar products should not be used on infants, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Studies on this medicine have been ... Also, make sure you have removed all the coal tar medicine from your skin before you go back into direct sunlight or use a ...
Patent US4756721 - High solids content coal-tar mixture - Google Patents
... coal-tar mixtures that are pumpable and easy to inject into the blast furnace. ... By optimizing grinding conditions it is possible to obtain a grain-size distribution of coal milled together with tar that is ... Where coal-tar mixtures are concerned, one limitation to date has been the fact that when the coal content of the mixture ... Coal-water mixtures and coal-tar mixtures have been found interesting for a variety of reasons, essentially concerning cost, ...
Sampling and Analytical Methods | Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles (CTPV), 58
5.2). Coal tar is obtained by the distillation of bituminous coal (Ref. 5.3). Coal tar pitch is composed almost entirely of ... In this evaluation three different types of coal tar pitch were chosen at random from a collection of several confired coal tar ... these have resulted largely from therapeutic use of coal tar preparations. Components of pitch and coal tar produces cutaneous ... Coal tar pitch volatiles (CTPV) are products of the destructive distillation of bituminous coal and contain polynuclear ...
Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid Information - Drugs.com
Easy to read patient leaflet for Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, ... Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid. Generic Name: Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid (KOLE tar & sal i SIL ik AS id). Brand Name: Tarsum ... What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid?. *If you have an allergy to coal tar, salicylic ... How is this medicine (Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid) best taken?. Use coal tar and salicylic acid as ordered by your doctor. Read ...
Coal Tar and Coal-Tar Pitch - National Cancer Institute
How are people exposed to coal tar and coal-tar pitch?. The primary routes of human exposure to coal tars and coal-tar products ... Which cancers are associated with exposure to coal tar and coal-tar pitch?. Occupational exposure to coal tar or coal-tar pitch ... roofing tar, coal-tar paints, coal-tar enamels, other coal-tar coatings, or refractory bricks. ... What is coal-tar pitch?. Coal-tar pitch is a thick black liquid that remains after the distillation of coal tar. It is used as ...
Solid Coal Tar Pitch Wholesale, Coal Tar Suppliers - Alibaba
Wholesale Various High Quality Solid Coal Tar Pitch Products from Global Solid Coal Tar Pitch Suppliers and Solid Coal Tar ... coal tar binder pitch liquid coal tar pitch coal tar in cosmetics coal tar pitch liquid coal tar pitch for road electrode coal ... Tags: Solid Modified Coal Tar Pitch , Modified Coal Tar Pitch Used For Electrode Industries , Price Of Coal Tar Pitch , View ... Related Searches for solid coal tar pitch: coal tar pitch pitch cricket pitch mineral pitch mesophase pitch petroleum pitch ...
Coal-Tar-Based Pavement Sealcoat, PAHs, and Environmental Health
... and coal-tar pitch is the residue that remains after the distillation of coal tar. Coal tar and coal-tar pitch are used in coal ... tar-based sealcoat products, although use of coal-tar pitch is more common than use of coal tar. Both coal tar and coal-tar ... Coal-tar-based sealcoat products typically are 20 to 35 percent coal tar or coal-tar pitch. Asphalt and asphalt-based sealcoat ... Most sealcoat products are either coal-tar or asphalt emulsion. Coal tar and coal-tar pitch, both used in sealcoat products, ...
Coal Tar skin cream, lotion, or gel
COAL TAR (kohl tahr) is used on the skin to treat a number of skin disorders including eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic ... Coal Tar skin cream, lotion, or gel. What is this medicine?. COAL TAR (kohl tahr) is used on the skin to treat a number of skin ... an unusual or allergic reaction to coal tar, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives ...
AMA urges legislation to ban dangerous coal-tar sealcoats | American Medical Association
The AMA adopted policy aimed at reducing or ending the use of coal-tar-based sealcoats that are used and applied on pavement ... have banned the use of coal-tar sealcoats. Alternatives to coal-tar-based sealcoats, including asphalt, acrylic, or latex ... The American Medical Association (AMA) adopted new policy aimed at reducing or ending the use of common coal-tar-based ... We must take action to either eliminate the use of PAH altogether or dramatically reduce its concentration in coal-tar ...
SECTION 07 53 00 COAL-TAR ELASTOMERIC ROOFING
Hyload H150E Coal Tar Membrane: H150 Coal tar elastomeric membrane (CTEM) has a 60 mil overall calendered thickness and ... These Coal Tar Elastomeric Membranes (CTEM) combine the time-tested benefits of coal tar with todays technological ... Re-roofing over coal tar pitch requires a mechanically attached recovery board or insulation and a base sheet prior to the ... Application of coal-tar elastomeric roofing shall be in strict accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and current ...
Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide Topical : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
Find patient medical information for Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide Topical on WebMD including its uses, side effects and safety, ... Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide Ointment. GENERIC NAME(S): Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide ... More Resources for Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide Ointment. *Find Lowest Prices on ... What should I know regarding pregnancy, nursing and administering Coal Tar-Zinc Oxide Ointment to children or the elderly? ...
60 Tons of Toxic Coal Tar Dumped Into River in China | Fox News
Cleanup crews in northern China were scrambling Thursday to absorb 60 tons of toxic coal tar accidentally dumped into a river ... Prolonged exposure to coal tar has been linked to increased rates of certain cancers, but it also is used in small doses as a ... The incident occurred Monday when a truck carrying the coal tar fell into the Dasha river in Shanxi province, the official ... BEIJING - Cleanup crews in northern China were scrambling Thursday to absorb 60 tons of toxic coal tar accidentally dumped into ...
1926.1102 - Coal tar pitch volatiles; interpretation of term. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Surrefining of coal-tar derivatives and the like - KOPPERS CO INC
In the apparatus shown in the figure the tobe-treated coal-tar product, for example phenol, is continuously flowed into the ... During operation of the instant improvement on the phenolic fraction of coal tar to highly refine it, metallic copper of the ... In the above-given description of the instant novel process and the employed apparatus for highly refining coal-tar products to ... Amongst the objects.of the present invention is the provision of improved method and means whereby coal-tar derivatives such, ...
Remediation of Former Manufactured Gas Plants and Other Coal-Tar Sites
Holdredge Awardee for Remediation of Former Manufactured Gas Plants and Other Coal-Tar Sites. This award, first establis ... History of Manufactured Gas and Coal-Tar Activities. Gas Manufacturing Processes (I): Coal Gas and Carbureted Water Gas (Lowe) ... Winner of the 2013 Claire P. Holdredge Awardee for Remediation of Former Manufactured Gas Plants and Other Coal-Tar Sites. ... Remediation of Former Manufactured Gas Plants and Other Coal-Tar Sites By Allen W. Hatheway. ...
Aluminum: Cut customs duty on coal tar pitch - Rediff.com Business
Cut customs duty on coal tar pitch. Aluminium, one of the major industries in the base metal sector, is moving fast may surpass ... The Reduction in coal tar pitch custom duty from 10% to 5% is expected. This would give twin benefits to the sector a) increase ... Coal tar pitch is one such input, which attracts custom duty of 10%, which is two times the 5% duty on aluminium. ... Calcined petroleum coke, coal tar pitch, aluminium fluoride and caustic soda are used for producing aluminium. ...
coal tar | Michigan Radio
... crews finished dredging part of the Flint River bottom to remove the last remnants of coal tar from the sediment. The coal tar ... Consumers Energy bought the old coal plant back in the 1920s. Jim Innes with the MDEQ is the project manager. He says coal tar ... About a quarter mile segment of the Flint River will be dredged to remove tons of soil contaminated with coal tar from a gas ... came from a coal gasification plant that shut down in the 1920s. ...
MG217® Therapeutic Coal Tar Scalp Treatment | National Psoriasis Foundation
With Coal Tar Solution USP 20% (equivalent to 3% coal tar) it helps to prevent the recurrence of psoriasis and/or dandruff ... coal tar (a doctor recommended active ingredient). Massage in and rinse out to deep condition the scalp to help prevent itching ... MG217s Therapeutic Coal Tar Scalp Treatment has a maximum strength formula with 3% ... With Coal Tar Solution USP 20% (equivalent to 3% coal tar) it helps to prevent the recurrence of psoriasis and/or dandruff ...
Tar acids, coal, crude - Substance Information - ECHA
Crude coal tar acids The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an acidic solution, such ... Tar acids, coal, crude. The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an acidic solution, ... Crude tar acids (coal) The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an acidic solution, ... Tar acids, coal, crude; Crude Phenols The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an ...
Tar acids, coal, crude - Substance Information - ECHA
Tar acids, coal, crude * Tar acids, coal, crude The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract ... Tar acids, coal, crude. The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an acidic solution, ... Tar acids, coal, crude; crude phenols The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar oil alkaline extract with an ... Composed primarily of tar acids such as phenol, cresols, and xylenols.] The reaction product obtained by neutralizing coal tar ...
Patent US5713393 - Coal tar enamel coated steel pipe and process for same - Google Patents
... and coal tar enamel is applied to the primer coat prior to full curing of the latter. The resulting coated steel pipes, which ... Described is a preferred method for manufacturing a coal tar enamel-coated steel pipe, in which a primer coat of epoxy resin is ... Generally speaking, a coal tar enamel is prepared by plasticizing coal tar pitch, for example with coal and a coal tar oil, and ... Coal tar enamel coated base sheets. US20070049144 *. Oct 26, 2006. Mar 1, 2007. Brzozowski Kenneth J. Coal tar enamel coated ...
Residues (coal tar), pitch distn. - Substance Information - ECHA
Residues (coal tar), pitch distn.. Residue from the fractional distillation of pitch distillate boiling in the range of ... Residues (coal tar), pitch distn. Residue from the fractional distillation of pitch distillate boiling in the range of ... Residues (coal tar), pitch distn.; Pitch Redistillate Residue from the fractional distillation of pitch distillate boiling in ... Residues (coal tar), pitch distn.; Pitch Redistillate [Residue from the fractional distillation of pitch distillate boiling in ...
SealantIncluding coal tar pitchPitch volatilesPAHsCreosoteCarcinogensPitchesCokeShampooPolycyclicPhenolic compounds2018PetroleumObtained by the distillationRemoved coal tar sealcoatBituminous coalAsphalt-based sealcoat2017SealcoatsChemicalsPsoriasisSealants containiDistillation of coal tarParticlesPartially DistilledMixturesViscositySealcoat typically containsCrude coal2016Exposure to coalRunoffPhenolsTemperatureGasificationSalicylic AcidDestructive distillationTopical coal tarProductsEpoxyDandruff2020StormwaterHydrocarbonsThickOrdinancePhenolPavement sealantsActive ingredientROOFINGEmulsionAvoid using coSealersResiduePaintsOilsComposition
- Make sure you are using a sealant that does not contain coal tar. (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- Use of a coal-tar based sealant can subject the applicator and the property owner to a fine of up to $1,000 . (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- No person shall apply a coal tar or other high PAH content pavement sealant product on surfaces within the City of Ann Arbor. (a2gov.org)
- No person shall allow a coal tar or other high PAH content sealant product to be applied upon property that is under that person's ownership or control. (a2gov.org)
- No person shall contract with any commercial applicator, residential or commercial developer, or any other person for the application of any coal tar or other high PAH content sealant product to any driveway, parking lot, or other surface within the City. (a2gov.org)
- No commercial applicator, residential or commercial developer, or other similar individual or organization shall direct any employee, independent contractor, volunteer, or other person to apply any coal tar or other high PAH content sealant product to any driveway, parking lot, or other surface within the City. (a2gov.org)
- What is coal tar sealant? (a2gov.org)
- Coal tar-based sealant is applied widely on driveways, parking lots, and even play-grounds as a maintenance practice. (a2gov.org)
- Pass an ordinance banning the use of coal tar sealant within the municipality. (hrwc.org)
- Adopt a resolution committing to the reduction or elimination of the use of coal tar sealant on city property. (hrwc.org)
- Learn how to identify a coal tar or other sealant products with high PAH content. (hrwc.org)
- MPCA officials are warning the public about a coal tar sealant that's being used to re-seal driveways. (cbslocal.com)
- Jet Black International is a Minnesota company that is phasing out the use of coal tar sealants and is switching to a sealant that they say is less toxic. (cbslocal.com)
- Jet Black International uses an asphalt type of sealant instead of a coal tar sealant. (cbslocal.com)
- Prohibits the sale and distribution of any pavement sealant that contains coal tar on or after July 1, 2020, except that a retailer may continue to sell any existing inventory that remains in stock on that date. (richmondsunlight.com)
- PAHs in coal tar-based sealants are released into the environment through volatilization into the air and as dust when the sealant breaks up over time. (mn.us)
- Coal tar-based sealant is widely used to recondition asphalt surfaces, but there are serious environmental concerns with its use. (mn.us)
- The bill restricted state agencies from purchasing undiluted coal tar-based sealant, directed the MPCA to develop a model ordinance for cities considering local restrictions on coal tar-based sealants, and directed the MPCA to study its environmental effects and develop management guidelines. (mn.us)
- Local home good stores sell sealant that does not contain coal tar, and service providers have alternatives as well. (mcdef.org)
- Simply request that a no coal tar sealant be used. (mcdef.org)
- In building projects, this coal by products can be used for roofing jobs, coal tar provides a nice sealant underneath shingles. (niir.org)
- The Township drafted a Coal Tar Sealant Ordinance to protect the residents and the environment of West Bloomfield Township. (wbtownship.org)
- Coal tar based sealant products are commonly applied to parking lots and driveways to improve aesthetics and to increase longevity of the asphalt paved surfaces. (wbtownship.org)
- Beginning January 1, 2018 no person shall apply a coal tar or other high PAH Content sealant product on asphalt paved surfaces within the township. (wbtownship.org)
Including coal tar pitch2
- For the roofing and waterproofing markets, Hyload offers the unique benefit of including coal tar pitch as a key component in our Elvaloy membranes. (arcat.com)
- Exposure to aerosolized coal tar and coal tar products, including coal tar pitch, has been known for many decades to cause skin, lung, and other respiratory cancers in both humans and in experimental animals. (palmresortgoa.in)
- History Coal tar pitch volatiles (CTPV) include the fused polycyclic hydrocarbons which volatilize from the distillation residues of coal, petroleum (excluding asphalt), wood, and other organic matter ( Ref. 5.1 ). (osha.gov)
- Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles, Safety and Health Topics. (cancer.gov)
- Toxicological Profile for Wood Creosote, Coal Tar Creosote, Coal Tar, Coal Tar Pitch, and Coal Tar Pitch Volatiles (PB2003-100136, 2002) 394 pp. (drugfuture.com)
- Biological exposure limit for occupational exposure to coal tar pitch volatiles at cokeovens. (palmresortgoa.in)
- Coal tar pitch volatiles (CTPVs) are measured by passing workplace air through a sampling device and then analyzing the sample for the compounds of interest. (palmresortgoa.in)
- Exposure to coal tar pitch volatiles can occur in the workplace by breathing, skin contact, or eye contact. (palmresortgoa.in)
- Coal tar, a byproduct of coal processing, contains high levels of chemicals called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- Studies have shown that when coal tar-based sealants are applied on parking lots and driveways, PAHs can be released into nearby surface waters. (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- 0.1% Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) by weight, including coal tar-based sealer in the City of Ann Arbor. (a2gov.org)
- While there are many sources of PAHs, coal tar sealcoat contains significantly higher concentrations (~70,000 mg/kg) than other common sources such as gas emissions (370 mg/kg) and road dust (24 mg/kg). (a2gov.org)
- Children play on and near these surfaces and are, therefore, more likely to inhale or ingest PAHs associated with coal tar sealcoat. (a2gov.org)
- Coal tar and coal-tar pitch, both used in sealcoat products, have extremely high concentrations of PAHs, and both are classified as known human carcinogens. (usgs.gov)
- Coal-tar-based pavement sealcoat typically contains 35,000 to 200,000 mg/kg (parts per million, or ppm) PAHs, about 100 times more PAHs than in used motor oil and about 1,000 times more PAHs than in sealcoat products with an asphalt (oil) base. (usgs.gov)
- There are many sources of PAHs to the environment, representing a wide range of PAHs concentrations, including asphalt (2-9 milligrams per kilogram, or mg/kg), tire particles (84 mg/kg), used motor oil (730 mg/kg), and coal-tar-based sealcoat (34,000-202,000 mg/kg). (usgs.gov)
- Concentrations of PAHs in runoff, sediment, soils, and dust near coal-tar-sealcoated pavement are substantially higher than concentrations in those media near concrete pavement, unsealed asphalt pavement, and asphalt pavement with asphalt-based sealcoat. (usgs.gov)
- Coal-tar-based sealcoat is a potent source of PAHs and related chemicals. (usgs.gov)
- Whether they are sending their children to a playground or repairing a driveway, Americans are potentially being exposed to harmful carcinogens in coal-tar-based sealcoats," said AMA Board member Albert J. Osbahr III, M.D. "Even if one's exposure is limited, as sealcoats erode over time, PAHs leach into the water, soil, and air, finding their way into sediment and eventually into aquatic wildlife. (ama-assn.org)
- Coal tar sealcoats are incredibly high in polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs. (hrwc.org)
- Coal tar sealants contain 1000 times more PAHs than asphalt-based sealants (a readily available alternative) and are the number one source of PAHs in lake sediments. (hrwc.org)
- In fact, studies show up to 50-75% of all PAHs found in sediments within the Great Lakes region comes from coal tar sealcoat . (hrwc.org)
- PAHs from coal tar sealcoat are released into the environment in several ways. (hrwc.org)
- In industrial sites, historically contaminated by coal tar (abandoned coking and manufactured gas plants), other families of organic pollutants than the 16 PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) classified by the US-EPA can occur and induce potential risk for groundwater resources. (springer.com)
- Benhabib K, Simonnot M-O, Sardin M (2006) PAHs and organic matter partitioning and mass transfer from coal tar particles to water. (springer.com)
- PAHs are a group of organic contaminants that form from the incomplete combustion of hydrocarbons, such as coal. (mexicomissouri.net)
- Coal tar, which is primarily used for pavement sealcoating, is a byproduct of the coaking of coal and can contain 50% or more PAHS by weight. (mexicomissouri.net)
- Studies around the U.S. have shown that PAHs are released from coal tar-based seal coats into the air and homes, workplaces, and shopping centers, and also into ponds, lakes and streams. (mexicomissouri.net)
- In addition to the potential health risk of PAHs, there can be substantial costs for cities and private property owners to manage sediment in storm water ponds that is contaminated with PAHs from coal tar-based sealants. (mexicomissouri.net)
- Asphalt seal coats contain PAHs, but at as little at 1/1000th the PAH level of coal tar seal coats. (mexicomissouri.net)
- The National Water Quality Assessment study found that concentrations of PAHs were much higher in runoff from parking lots sealed with coal-tar based sealcoat than from all other types of parking-lot surfaces. (mexicomissouri.net)
- An MPCA study found that about 67% of total PAHs in the sediments of 15 metro-area stormwater ponds were from coal tar-based sealants. (mn.us)
- Alternatives to coal tar-based sealants, such as asphalt-based sealants, are available that have far lower levels of PAHs. (mn.us)
- Coal tar, a byproduct of the steel manufacturing industry, is made up of about 50 percent polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) by weight. (linearpublishing.com)
- Last month, representatives from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) met with researchers from the USGS to discuss research on coal tar sealants and PAHs as they relate to stormwater pollution. (linearpublishing.com)
- Much of the research on PAHs and coal tar-based sealcoat began in 2003 when staff with the city of Austin, Texas found elevated PAH concentrations in some sediment samples collected from small tributaries and drainage in largely residential areas. (linearpublishing.com)
- Judy Crane, a research scientist with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, said a study of stormwater ponds and lakes in the state showed about 67 percent of PAHs in those sediments come from coal tar sealants. (linearpublishing.com)
- Coal tar sealants contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are identified as toxic, mutagenic, teratogenic (causing birth defects), and/or probable human carcinogens. (wbtownship.org)
- Studies conducted by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), and the University of New Hampshire Stormwater Center have concluded that coal tar based sealants are an important source of PAHs to suburban waterways. (wbtownship.org)
- Also, studies show 50-75% of all PAHs found in sediments within the Great Lakes region come from coal tar sealants. (wbtownship.org)
- Coal tar is used primarily for the production of refined chemicals and coal-tar products, such as creosote and coal-tar pitch. (cancer.gov)
- In this report, the United States Coal Tar Creosote market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. (reportsnreports.com)
- The Midwest with sales (volume), revenue (value), market share and growth rate of Coal Tar Creosote in these regions, from 2012 to 2022 (forecast). (reportsnreports.com)
- Coal Tar Pitch for graphite, refractories, Coal Tar USP for Pharma, Special Pitch for protective coating, Creosote Oil. (zeninternational.net)
- Koppers coal tar distillates, in the form of creosote, are a cost-efficient and Carbon pitch boils between 100°C and 400°C during the distillation process. (rabbitbike.es)
- Wood creosote, coal tar creosote, coal tar, and coal tar pitch differ from each other in composition. (rabbitbike.es)
- Facilities that Produce, Process, or Use Coal Tar Creosote. (rabbitbike.es)
- Both coal tar and coal-tar pitch contain many chemical compounds, including carcinogens such as benzene. (cancer.gov)
- Coal Tars and Coal-Tar Pitches, Report on Carcinogens, Thirteenth Edition. (cancer.gov)
- Both coal tar and coal-tar pitch are known human carcinogens. (usgs.gov)
- Numerous studies have determined that coal tar sealants are considered human carcinogens and hazardous to the people, the environment, and animals. (ct.gov)
- Exposure to coal tars and coal-tar pitches may occur at foundries and during coke production, coal gasification, and aluminum production. (cancer.gov)
- Other workers who may be exposed to coal-tar pitches include those who produce or use pavement tar, roofing tar, coal-tar paints, coal-tar enamels, other coal-tar coatings, or refractory bricks. (cancer.gov)
- This specification covers coal-tar-saturated organic felt intended to be used with coal-tar pitches conforming to the appropriate requirements in the construction of built-up roofs and in the construction of waterproofing systems. (environmental-expert.com)
- The influence of primary quinoline insolubles on the development of secondary quinoline insolubles in coal tar pitches. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Blanco C, Santamariia R, Bermejo J, Menendez R. A comparative study of air-blown and thermally treated coal-tar pitches. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Air blowing of coal tar, hydrogenated coal tar, and petroleum pitches. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The word coal in this description refers to any essentially solid carbonaceous fuel, such as coal, metallurgical coke, petroleum coke, semicoke, etc. (google.com)
- Coke oven emissions (COE) are the benzene-soluble fraction (BSF) of total particulate matter present during the destructive distillation or carbonization of coal for the production of coke ( Ref. 5.2 ). (osha.gov)
- It is a byproduct of the production of coke, a solid fuel that contains mostly carbon, and coal gas. (cancer.gov)
- Calcined petroleum coke, coal tar pitch, aluminium fluoride and caustic soda are used for producing aluminium. (rediff.com)
- Coal tar oil is among the by-products when coal is carbonized to make coke or gasified to make coal gas and it is a brown or black liquid of extremely high viscosity. (weiku.com)
- Coal tar is among the byproducts when coal is carbonized to make coke or gasified to make coal gas. (niir.org)
- Coal tars are by metallurgical coke or natural gas. (niir.org)
- Coal tar is a thick dark liquid which is a by-product of the production of coke and coal gas from coal. (rabbitbike.es)
- Download scientific diagram Sketch of a typical plant for production of coal tar pitch from Coke, Coal and Coal Tar ResearchGate, the professional network for scientists. (rabbitbike.es)
- Scientific tests prove that coal tar extract, the active ingredient in T/Gel Shampoo Original, continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off. (walmart.com)
- Polytar Scalp Shampoo 150ml is an antiseptic tar medicated scalp shampoo to help in the treatment of scalp conditions such as psoriasis, seborrhoea, eczema, dandruff, and itchy scalp. (chemistdirect.co.uk)
- A few days ago I decided to try the coal tar shampoo that I had been using on my face (unsuccessfully), and after two or three days my dandruff almost completely disappeared. (acne.org)
- So the coal tar shampoo worked where two different types of Head and Shoulders shampoos failed. (acne.org)
- i have such an incredible problem with dandruff now im on accutane, and im wondering what coal tar shampoo you used? (acne.org)
- Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo is a topical coal tar and salicylate combination. (drugster.info)
- Some medical conditions may interact with Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo. (drugster.info)
- Because little, if any, of Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low. (drugster.info)
- Ask your health care provider if Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo may interact with other medicines that you take. (drugster.info)
- If you miss a dose of Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo, use it as soon as possible. (drugster.info)
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo. (drugster.info)
- Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo is for external use only. (drugster.info)
- Avoid getting Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or on the genitals. (drugster.info)
- Do not inhale the vapors of Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo. (drugster.info)
- Do not use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo longer or more often than recommended by your doctor or on the package label. (drugster.info)
- Be sure to apply Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo only to the affected area and not to normal healthy skin. (drugster.info)
- Do not use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo on skin that is irritated, infected, or reddened. (drugster.info)
- Do not use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo on open skin wounds, moles, birthmarks, genital warts, warts on the face, or warts growing hair. (drugster.info)
- Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo contains a salicylate, which has been linked to Reye syndrome. (drugster.info)
- Do not use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo on children or teenagers during or after chickenpox, flu, or other viral infections without checking with your doctor or pharmacist. (drugster.info)
- Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo may cause increased sensitivity to the sun. (drugster.info)
- Avoid exposure to the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo. (drugster.info)
- Use Coal Tar/Salicylic Acid Shampoo with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age. (drugster.info)
- Like pine tar, it can be used in medicated shampoo, soap and ointment, as a treatment for dandruff, as well as being used to kill and repel head lice. (niir.org)
- Be aware, though, that shampoo with coal tar might make your scalp more sensitive to the sun. (webmd.com)
- If you have blond or other light-colored hair, shampoo with coal tar could make it darker. (webmd.com)
- After that, your doctor may suggest you switch to a coal tar shampoo. (webmd.com)
- Stormwater Best Management Practice: Coal-Tar Sealcoat, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, and Stormwater Pollution. (cancer.gov)
- Coal-tar-based pavement sealcoat is a potent source of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) contamination in urban and suburban areas and a potential concern for human health and aquatic life. (usgs.gov)
- The tar has high concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), some of which may be strongly carcinogenic. (vti.se)
- Coal tar is one of the fractions of petroleum distillation process that contains polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and phenolic compounds. (vdu.lt)
- Coal tars are complex and variable mixtures of phenols, polycyclic aromatic hydro carbons, and metro cyclic compounds, about 200 substances in all. (niir.org)
- The aim of this work was to extract only phenolic compounds and some heterocyclic compounds like Antraquinone from coal tar without PAH. (vdu.lt)
- Highly abundant in petroleum, coal extracts, and bio-oils, the phenolic compounds we take advantage of for our fuels were first created by plants many years ago. (separationsnow.com)
- It is important to determine the phenolic compounds and their molecular compositions in the coal tars,' writes Sutian Mar, first author and analytical chemist from China University of Petroleum in Beijing. (separationsnow.com)
- Writing in Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry , Ma, together with colleagues and Kejun Qian of Waters Corporation, set out to characterise the phenolic compounds in coal tar containing a myriad of hydrocarbons. (separationsnow.com)
- Characterization of phenolic compounds in coal tar by gas chromatography/negative-ion atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass spectrometry. (separationsnow.com)
- An internally consistent correlation for predicting the critical properties and molecular weights of petroleum and coal-tar liquids. (alfa.com)
- This specification covers mineral-colloid-stabilized, emulsified refined coal tar suitable for use as a weather-protective and petroleum (aliphatic) solvent resistant coating. (astm.org)
- 1.1 This specification covers mineral-colloid-stabilized, emulsified refined coal tar suitable for use as a weather-protective and petroleum (aliphatic) solvent resistant coating. (astm.org)
- The most common and cheapest alternative to coal tar now on the market is petroleum asphalt-based seal coats. (mexicomissouri.net)
Obtained by the distillation2
Removed coal tar sealcoat1
- Most major hardware store chains have already removed coal tar sealcoat from their shelves. (hrwc.org)
- A distillate of coal tar produced by high temp carbonization of bituminous coal. (drugfuture.com)
- Asphalt-based sealcoat has 1/1000th the PAH content of coal tar, and is readily available at similar cost. (a2gov.org)
- For historical and economic reasons, coal-tar-based sealcoat is more common east of the Continental Divide (except in those states, counties, and municipalities where its use is prohibited), and asphalt-based sealcoat is more west of the Continental Divide. (usgs.gov)
- If sealcoating cannot be eliminated, use asphalt-based sealcoat rather than coal tar sealcoat. (hrwc.org)
- The average concentration in particles washed off parking lots sealed with asphalt-based sealcoat was about 6 times less than coal-tar based sealcoat, but still 10 times higher than the concentration from unsealed parking lots. (mexicomissouri.net)
- Issue Date: 1/30/2017 2 Revision: 0 Acute, or short-term, exposure to coal tar pitch has been associated with several health effects. (palmresortgoa.in)
- In March of 2017, the Environmental Commission along with the Township Supervisor was alerted to the public and environmental health hazards associated with the widespread use of coal tar sealants. (wbtownship.org)
- Coal tar sealcoats are hazardous. (a2gov.org)
- ORLANDO, Fla. - The American Medical Association (AMA) adopted new policy aimed at reducing or ending the use of common coal-tar-based sealcoats that are used and applied on pavement and playgrounds across the country. (ama-assn.org)
- We must take action to either eliminate the use of PAH altogether or dramatically reduce its concentration in coal-tar sealcoats. (ama-assn.org)
- Minnesota passed a law during the 2013 legislative session which bans the use and sale of coal tar-based sealcoats effective January 1, 2014. (mn.us)
- To learn more about coal-tar based seal coats, safer alternatives, or frequently asked questions please visit our Coal Tar-Based Sealcoat webpage or the information about Moving to safer alternatives to coal tar sealcoats webpage . (mn.us)
- Many cities are encouraging suppliers, buyers and communities to phase out the application of pavement seal coats containing coal tar pitch, in order to reduce the release into our air and water of potentially-harmful chemicals in those seal coats. (mexicomissouri.net)
- Coal tar is used to treat eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and other skin disorders. (mayoclinic.org)
- Certain preparations of coal tar have long been used to treat various skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff. (cancer.gov)
- The general population may be exposed to coal tars in environmental contaminants and through the use of coal tar preparations to treat skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff. (cancer.gov)
- COAL TAR (kohl tahr) is used on the skin to treat a number of skin disorders including eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis. (nationwidechildrens.org)
- With Coal Tar Solution USP 20% (equivalent to 3% coal tar) it helps to prevent the recurrence of psoriasis and/or dandruff symptoms on the scalp. (psoriasis.org)
- Salicylic acid, sulfur, and coal tar combination is used to treat dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis of the scalp. (mayoclinic.org)
- COAL TAR (kohl tahr) is used on the skin to relieve the symptoms of psoriasis. (aarp.org)
- There is a long history of using topical coal tar for the treatment of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis (AD). (nih.gov)
- To review the literature on coal tar and its derivatives, without the use of ultraviolet light, for the treatment of psoriasis or AD. (nih.gov)
- MEDLINE/PubMed and Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews literature searches were performed to identify randomized controlled trials and clinical trials of topical coal tar for the treatment of psoriasis or AD. (nih.gov)
- The majority (21, or 84%) supported the use of coal tar products in the treatment of psoriasis or AD, while four (16%) did not support the use of coal tar products. (nih.gov)
- Topical coal tar was found to be efficacious in the treatment of psoriasis in two placebo-controlled trials. (nih.gov)
- Coal tar products appear to be therapeutic in psoriasis and AD, are well tolerated with few side effects, and are cost-effective. (nih.gov)
- Coal Tar Psoriasis is a typically identified issue due to the concern that it pertains to Inverse Psoriasis Groin, Inverse Psoriasis Groin, and Is Psoriasis A Fungus. (psoriasis-cures.com)
- Why is this a dilemma: Coal Tar Psoriasis? (psoriasis-cures.com)
- Coal tar has been used to treat psoriasis for more than 100 years. (webmd.com)
Distillation of coal tar3
- Coal-tar pitch is a thick black liquid that remains after the distillation of coal tar. (cancer.gov)
- Coal tar is a byproduct of the coking of coal, and coal-tar pitch is the residue that remains after the distillation of coal tar. (usgs.gov)
- Coal-tar pitch is the residue that remains after the distillation of coal tar, that is, the thick black liquid remaining after various oils are removed from coal tar for use in the manufacture of industrial and consumer products. (usgs.gov)
- Worn particles of coal-tar-based sealcoat are transported by rain, wind, tires, and even our feet from pavement to other environmental settings. (usgs.gov)
- This is mainly due to limitation of PAC diffusion within coal-tar particles with aging. (springer.com)
- The average concentration in runoff from coal-tar sealed lots was about 65 times higher than the average concentration in particles washed off parking lots that had not been seal coated. (mexicomissouri.net)
- While coal tar-based sealcoat does a good job of protecting pavement, researchers say that it wears into small particles as it ages. (linearpublishing.com)
- The city staff in Austin hypothesized the source came from particles eroded from parking lots that were coated with coal tar-based sealcoat. (linearpublishing.com)
- This report was created for strategic planners, international executives and import/export managers who are concerned with the market for tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars. (bharatbook.com)
- I have developed a methodology, based on macroeconomic and trade models, to estimate the market for tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars for those countries serving the world market via exports or supplying from various countries via imports. (bharatbook.com)
- Which countries are supplying tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars? (bharatbook.com)
- How much do the imports of tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars vary from one country to another? (bharatbook.com)
- In what follows, Chapter 2 begins by summarizing the regional markets for imported and exported tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars. (bharatbook.com)
- After the worldwide summary in Chapter 2 of both imports and exports, Chapter 3 details the exports of tars distilled from coal, lignite, peat, or other mineral tars including partially distilled and reconstituted tars, for each individual country. (bharatbook.com)
- 50% by weight) coal-tar mixtures that are pumpable and easy to inject into the blast furnace. (google.com)
- Coal-water mixtures and coal-tar mixtures have been found interesting for a variety of reasons, essentially concerning cost, quality and availability. (google.com)
- Where coal-tar mixtures are concerned, one limitation to date has been the fact that when the coal content of the mixture exceeds 40% by weight, the apparent viscosity of the mixture increases very rapidly, with the result that at about 50% solids (by weight) the mixture is no longer pumpable. (google.com)
- Contrary to what has been reported on the state of the art, however, it has been found surprisingly that a given coal grain-size distribution permits production of coal-tar mixtures containing more than 50% coal and having a viscosity such as to render the mixture easily pumpable and injectable, and without any marked variations with time. (google.com)
- Furthermore, above 40% solids (by weight) the apparent viscosity of the coal-tar mixture also increases markedly with time. (google.com)
- In this way, depending on the type of coal used, the actual grain-size distribution obtained and the quantity of coal in the mixture, the apparent viscosity (Haake MV II P, at 70 C., 1800s, 28 s -1 ) is between 800 and 1200 cP approximately, with good stability up to fourteen days without stirring and up to about thirty days with gentle stirring. (google.com)
- Coal-tar pitch is separated, or "refined", into 12 grades of viscosity. (usgs.gov)
- Do not tar all coal tars with the same brush for under their apparently standard black-treacle viscosity and appearance, coal tars can differ considerably from one another in their molecular profiles. (separationsnow.com)
- Coal tar is a brown or black liquid of high viscosity, which smells of naphthalene and aromatic hydro carbons. (niir.org)
Sealcoat typically contains1
- Coal tar sealcoat typically contains 20 to 35 percent coal tar pitch, which is considered by the National Toxicology Program to be a known human carcinogen. (linearpublishing.com)
- The relative density of crude coal tar oil is 1.18~1.23 and the open flash point is at 200°C, and slightly dissolve in water and soluble in organic solvent, such as benzene, alcohol, aether, chloroform, acetone etc. (weiku.com)
- We investigated the dissolution and transport of organic contaminants from a crude coal tar mixture in a monolith of fractured clay-rich residuum. (dtu.dk)
- Concentrations of 10 coal tar compounds, representing mono-, poly-, and heterocyclic aromatic hydrocarbons that constitute crude coal tar were monitored in the effluent over a period of 377 days. (dtu.dk)
- How is Crude Coal Tar Derived? (rabbitbike.es)
- Crude Coal Tar is a by product of the Coking process. (rabbitbike.es)
- Special weight has been put on the different segments of the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market and the future and currents statistics have been presented as well. (qyresearchreports.com)
- The primary purpose of the study justifies the presentation of the report filled with relevant and useful insights on the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market for the scope of growth for the market for the future and opportunities arising at the present moment. (qyresearchreports.com)
- The research publication provides a brief yet special outline of the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market, which comprises account of the prime aspects which are likely to influence the growth of the market over the next couple of years. (qyresearchreports.com)
- This report further digs deep into the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market by thoroughly evaluating the production and industrial chain of the corresponding market. (qyresearchreports.com)
- The study furthermore provides an all-inclusive examination of the key regions stated in the report for the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market. (qyresearchreports.com)
- The research report will also be unfinished without a thorough valuation of the vendor landscape of the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market, which comprises the facts and figures, activities and inventions of the leaders in the Global coal tar pitch sales market report 2016 market. (qyresearchreports.com)
- Table 2011-2016 Company A Low Temperature Coal Tar Product Capacity, Production, and Production Value etc. (marketresearch.com)
Exposure to coal5
- The primary routes of human exposure to coal tars and coal-tar products are inhalation, ingestion, and absorption through the skin. (cancer.gov)
- Which cancers are associated with exposure to coal tar and coal-tar pitch? (cancer.gov)
- Occupational exposure to coal tar or coal-tar pitch is associated with an increased risk of skin cancer . (cancer.gov)
- Other types of cancer, including lung , bladder , kidney , and digestive tract cancer, have also been linked to occupational exposure to coal tar and coal-tar pitch. (cancer.gov)
- Prolonged exposure to coal tar has been linked to increased rates of certain cancers, but it also is used in small doses as a topical medicine to treat eczema and other skin diseases, according to the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer. (foxnews.com)
- Several recent studies have found that runoff from coal-tar-treated surfaces causes death, developmental issues, and other adverse effects in fish and other aquatic organisms long after application. (a2gov.org)
- The USGS also says that runoff from coal tar sealcoated pavement is toxic to certain aquatic life, particularly fathead minnows and water fleas, which are commonly used to assess toxicity. (linearpublishing.com)
- Exposure to even diluted runoff from coal tar sealcoated pavement can cause DNA damage and impair DNA repair for aquatic life. (linearpublishing.com)
- Amongst the objects.of the present invention is the provision of improved method and means whereby coal-tar derivatives such, for example, as phenols, and the like, can be cheaply, simply, and continuously produced in a high degree of refinement in respect of odor, content-of-sulphur, and also of suitability for employment in processes involving a hydrogenation step. (freepatentsonline.com)
- This extraction method can be widely used to extract phenols from coal tar, railway sleepers and soil as well. (vdu.lt)
- Comparing their novel method with an identical GC-setup hooked up to a flame ionization detector, when aligned side-by-side the chromatograms showed that the former provided a more detailed panorama of the phenolic makeup of coal tars, particularly for the lowly volatile phenols. (separationsnow.com)
- Coal tar pitch is shipped or stored, or both, at various temperatures, consequently a means is required to correct volume to a specified temperature. (astm.org)
- 1.1 This practice covers calculation of the amount of expansion or contraction of a volume of liquid coal-tar pitch due to a change of temperature. (astm.org)
- LTD is specialists in modified coal pitch,mid-temperature coal pitch,phtyalic anhydied ect. (ccnmag.com)
- The form of coal which is comparatively harder such as anthracite coal, might be referred to a metamorphic rock due to its later exposure to elevated pressure and temperature. (qyresearchreports.com)
- 5.2 Market Competition of Low Temperature Coal Tar Industry by Country (USA, EU, Japan, Chinese etc. (marketresearch.com)
- We provide high temperature coal tar oil and medium temperature coal tar oil for exporting. (weiku.com)
- Coal tar also works as an insulating agent, working with the wall insulation to help maintain a comfortable temperature inside the building, regardless of the outside weather. (niir.org)
- What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid? (drugs.com)
- If you have an allergy to coal tar, salicylic acid, or any other part of coal tar and salicylic acid. (drugs.com)
- You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take coal tar and salicylic acid with all of your drugs and health problems. (drugs.com)
- What are some things I need to know or do while I take Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid? (drugs.com)
- Use coal tar and salicylic acid as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. (drugs.com)
- If coal tar and salicylic acid is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away. (drugs.com)
- How is this medicine (Coal Tar and Salicylic Acid) best taken? (drugs.com)
- Use coal tar and salicylic acid as ordered by your doctor. (drugs.com)
- There is no specific information comparing use of salicylic acid, sulfur, and coal tar combination medicine in the elderly with use in other age groups. (mayoclinic.org)
- The two main ingredients in those are coal tar and salicylic acid . (webmd.com)
- Coal Tar is a thick liquid or semi-solid obtained as a by-product in the destructive distillation ofbituminous coal. (ewg.org)
- Science: chemistry) a volatile , very inflammable liquid , contained in the naphtha produced by the destructive distillation of coal , from which it is separated by fractional distillation . (biology-online.org)
Topical coal tar1
- In this study, we analyzed the cutaneous microbiome composition in 7 patients with AD and 10 healthy volunteers upon topical coal tar or vehicle treatment. (nih.gov)
- If you are a company that provides alternatives to coal tar sealants, provide us with information about your products, as well as contact information for your company. (montgomerycountymd.gov)
- or at least, use sealcoat products that contain low or no PAH, specifically products where the concentration of PAH is less than 1/1000th the concentration in coal-tar sealants. (a2gov.org)
- Coal tar products should not be used on infants, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. (mayoclinic.org)
- Coal-tar pitch is found in some types of asphalt and other coal-tar products. (cancer.gov)
- Most sealcoat products are either coal-tar or asphalt emulsion. (usgs.gov)
- Coal-tar-based sealcoat products typically are 20 to 35 percent coal tar or coal-tar pitch. (usgs.gov)
- Coal tar and coal-tar pitch are used in coal-tar-based sealcoat products, although use of coal-tar pitch is more common than use of coal tar. (usgs.gov)
- Coal Tar Elastomeric Roofing Membrane products. (arcat.com)
- Relatively pure constituents extracted from coal-tars sometimes have admixed therewith varying small amounts of difficultly removable products that alter their normal characteristics to greater or lesser degree. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Most studies support the use of coal tar products, although their level of evidence is not strong. (nih.gov)
- The company's main products include:coal tar pitch exposure,mining machinery, supporting equipment, safety drills and other three major categories of dozens of varieties. (palmresortgoa.in)
- In addition, we manufacture rubber modified asphalt and coal tar based products that provide higher performance in certain applications. (rmlucas.com)
- Described is a preferred method for manufacturing a coal tar enamel-coated steel pipe, in which a primer coat of epoxy resin is applied to a preheated steel pipe, and coal tar enamel is applied to the primer coat prior to full curing of the latter. (google.com)
- I'm fixing to pull the boat this weekend after 3-1/2 years in the water for some much needed maintenance, the biggie being sandblasting the hull to inspect and repair anything if needed and finishing up with coal tar epoxy. (houseboatmagazine.com)
- Are there different types or grades of coal tar epoxy? (houseboatmagazine.com)
- I had coal tar epoxy on my first houseboat. (houseboatmagazine.com)
- I think that all coal tar epoxy is synthetic these days. (houseboatmagazine.com)
- Stuff will grow on the coal tar epoxy paint, but will not harm it. (houseboatmagazine.com)
- Dandruff isn't always caused by the same thing, however, so there is no guarantee that coal tar will work for you. (acne.org)
- The following patent identified some specific mechanisms by which Coal Tar-a common OTC anti-dandruff ingredient, present in Neutrogena T Gel, may topically neutralize DHT. (hairloss-research.org)
- The fact that the University turned down Ives' plan and fired him deepens their failure to stop using coal by 2020. (dailytarheel.com)
- Welcome to the 2020-21 edition of The Daily Tar Heel, now in our 128th year! (dailytarheel.com)
- The pellets were supposed to go through testing that would confirm the University had a viable way to fulfill its pledge to become coal-free by 2020. (dailytarheel.com)
- He emphasized that UNC still has other options for ceasing coal usage by 2020, such as natural gas or solar energy. (dailytarheel.com)
- Subsequent studies by the USGS determined the source to be coal tar-based sealcoat that flake and cling to sediments when washed away by stormwater. (linearpublishing.com)
- Liq and solid aromatic hydrocarbons, tar acids (up to 3%) and tar bases. (drugfuture.com)
- Coal tar is a thick black liquid the consistency of a thick pudding. (niir.org)
- The research resulted in Austin passing a ban on the use and application of coal tar sealants the first such ordinance in the country. (linearpublishing.com)
- The ordinance strictly prohibits the use of coal-tar sealants by commercial applicators as well as by residential and commercial property owners. (wbtownship.org)
- Composed primarily of tar acids such as phenol, cresols, and xylenols. (europa.eu)
- In November 2009, the Springfield-Greene County Environmental Advisory Board presented City Council with a letter regarding the board's concerns about the use of coal tar-based pavement sealants. (springfieldmo.gov)
- In the United States, Coal Tar may be used as an active ingredient in OTC drugproducts. (ewg.org)
- MG217's Therapeutic Coal Tar Scalp Treatment has a maximum strength formula with 3% coal tar (a doctor recommended active ingredient). (psoriasis.org)
- Active Ingredient: Coal Tar 1% (4% Neutar® Solubilized Coal Tar Extract). (walmart.com)
- Home » Roof » Coal Tar Pitch Roofing » A 25-year-old Coal Tar Pitch Built-up Roof. (kag-web.com)
- nice Coal Tar Pitch Roofing #1)'s sweetness may be the topic of the space. (kag-web.com)
- That is it, hint room decoration Coal Tar Pitch Roofing . (kag-web.com)
- You merely need rearranging the Coal Tar Pitch Roofing and to include minor mementos. (kag-web.com)
- nice Coal Tar Pitch Roofing #1) while in the category. (kag-web.com)
- The refined coal tar emulsion seal coat shall consist of a mixture of refined coal tar emulsion, water, and aggregate and be proportioned within the ranges specified. (astm.org)
Avoid using co1
- How can I avoid using coal tar sealants? (a2gov.org)
- The University of Michigan, for example, does not use coal tar sealers and limits asphalt-based sealcoating to special cases. (hrwc.org)
- A growing number of communities are choosing to ban the use of high PAH pavement sealers including coal tar based sealers. (hrwc.org)
- More information about coal tar-related legislation in Minnesota or information about the phase-out of coal tar-based sealers in the Great Lakes region can be found below in the link to Background information. (mn.us)
- Since the land had been used by heavy industry for many years (the First Parliament site itself being occupied variously by the Midland Railway Roundhouse and the Consumers Gas complex) some degree of contamination was expected-but when excavation for the data centre began, an old masonry brick holding tank with an earth bottom was unearthed containing coal tar residue and contaminated material. (thebulletin.ca)
- Polytar has a unique formulation containing: natural tars to clear scales, relieve itching and inflammation, and slow the rate of skin cell growth oils to moisturise the scalp. (chemistdirect.co.uk)
- The problem, they say, rests in the coal tar-based sealcoat that is often applied to asphalt driveways and parking lots to protect the pavement from oils, tire wear and other factors that lessen the life of the surface. (linearpublishing.com)
- During coal tar treatment, Staphylococcus abundance decreased, and Propionibacterium abundance increased, suggesting a shift of the microbiota composition toward that of healthy controls. (nih.gov)
- Dominguez A, Blanco C, Santamaria R, Granda M, Blanco CG, Menendez R. Monitoring coal-tar pitch composition changes during air-blowing by gas chromatography. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Given that this creation of coal isn't an exact science, it is highly likely for the composition to vary from coal to coal. (separationsnow.com)