Systemic and cellular reflections on ageing and the circadian oscillator: a mini-review. (1/1)(+info)
Chronobiology disorders can result when the body's natural circadian rhythm is disrupted or altered, leading to problems with sleep timing, duration, and quality, as well as other physiological and behavioral issues. Examples of chronobiology disorders include:
1. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: These are conditions that affect the body's natural sleep-wake cycle, such as delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS) and advanced sleep phase disorder (ASPD).
2. Jet lag: This occurs when traveling across time zones, causing a mismatch between the body's internal clock and the local environment.
3. Shift work sleep disorder: This affects people who work outside of traditional daytime hours and experience difficulty adjusting to irregular sleep schedules.
4. Irregular sleep-wake patterns: This can be caused by factors such as working night shifts, rotating shifts, or having an irregular sleep schedule.
5. Sleep apnea: A sleep disorder in which a person's breathing is interrupted during sleep, often causing them to wake up frequently throughout the night.
6. Insomnia: Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, often caused by stress, anxiety, or other factors that disrupt the body's natural sleep-wake cycle.
7. Depression: A mood disorder that can affect the body's circadian rhythm, leading to changes in sleep patterns and other physiological functions.
8. Bipolar disorder: A mood disorder that can cause changes in sleep patterns, energy levels, and other physiological functions.
9. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): A type of depression that occurs during the winter months when there is less sunlight.
10. Hypersomnia: Excessive sleepiness or prolonged periods of sleep, often caused by factors such as medication side effects, sleep disorders, or other medical conditions.
It's important to note that these are just a few examples of the many potential causes of irregular sleep patterns, and there may be other underlying factors that contribute to this symptom. If you are experiencing persistent changes in your sleep patterns, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional to determine the cause and find appropriate treatment.
Biological tests of necessity and sufficiency
Outline of biology
American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
Outline of natural science
Society for Research on Biological Rhythms
Index of branches of science
List of academic fields
List of German expressions in English
Women in firefighting
List of Vanderbilt University people
Outline of academic disciplines
Moving geroscience from the bench to clinical care and health policy - PubMed
NIH Guide: NOCTURNAL ASTHMA, CHRONOBIOLOGY AND SLEEP
Bose Jagdish Chandra | Home
DeCS 2009 - Novos termos
Pesquisa | Biblioteca Virtual em Saúde - BRASIL
ADHD and Sleep Problems: How Are They Related? | Sleep Foundation
Lessons Learned: Out of the Crisis #14: Robert Rhinehart on the Corona Initiative, accelerating basic research, and finding a...
Scientists Emeriti | NICHD - Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
Optimize clinical and implementation research to improve health and reduce disease | NHLBI, NIH
Russel J Reiter - NeL.edu
Zintellect - Climb Higher
NEW (2009) MESH HEADINGS WITH SCOPE NOTES (UNIT RECORD FORMAT; 10/20/2008
studies on time at the iea-usp - Intercontinental Academia
Physiology | Profiles RNS
Science Policy Branch (SPB) | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Natural Science Disciplines - MeSH - NCBI
Human Genome Epidemiology Literature Finder|Home|PHGKB
Interactivity and Immersion | ISEA2013
Buddhism For Lay Buddhists
November-December 2014 | NIH Intramural Research Program
-   As a sub-discipline of biology , physiology focuses on how organisms , organ systems , individual organs , cells , and biomolecules carry out the chemical and physical functions in a living system. (wikimili.com)
- a debate that stems from observation of phenomena linked to biological rhythmicity and demonstration of the existence and operation of biological clocks, and that takes the name of chronobiology. (usp.br)
- A multidisciplinary field of research and practice studying the periodicity of biological systems and the application of principles of chronobiology to various therapeutic strategies. (nih.gov)
- iii) a focus on access to novel life altering therapies for diseases more common in underserved populations as exemplified by Sickle Cell Disease and (iv) an continuation of our focus on precision medicine and translational therapeutics including cell and gene therapy and vaccines, programs in chronobiology and the use of genetic risk scores. (upenn.edu)
- However, as D.M. Bose, who succeeded Bose as Director of the ,Bose Institute has pointed out "his model of an electric eye which records with electric signals message received from outside world, his physical model of memory as a mechanism for storing information justified his being considered a precursor of the modern discipline of cybernetics. (vigyanprasar.gov.in)
- One of the founders of the modern discipline of art history, Riegl is best known for his theories of representation. (rhuthmos.eu)
- What clinical trial designs are best for studying the chronobiology of drug delivery? (nih.gov)
- It is now recognised that Bose had made very significant contributions to the field of chronobiology and circadian rhythms even before these two technical terms were coined. (vigyanprasar.gov.in)
- The Fingerprint is created by mining the titles and abstracts of the person's research outputs and projects/funding awards to create an index of weighted terms from discipline-specific thesauri. (umn.edu)
- BBC 4 had a fascinating half-hour show yesterday, interviewing Till Roenneberg and Helen Emsellem on all sorts of fascinating new findings in the field of human chronobiology. (coturnix.org)
- MD in Psychiatry is a 3 year post graduation program in the medical discipline of mental health for the aspirants who have completed their bachelor's program in medicine. (iesonline.co.in)
- This has permitted the development of interdisciplinary structures designed to foster and facilitate research and education in this emerging discipline. (upenn.edu)
- The Scientific Interest Group on Chronobiology and Sleep has been resurrected and will serve as a scientific and technical resource for researchers in the intramural research program. (nih.gov)
- Pour citer cet article : , « M. Gubser, Time's Visible Surface : Alois Riegl and the Discourse on History and Temporality in Fin-de-Siècle Vienna », Rhuthmos , 3 novembre 2018 [en ligne]. (rhuthmos.eu)
- People exercising regularly improve their self-control and self-discipline, which in turn has benefits for a general healthier lifestyle," said Kline, who was not involved in the study. (medscape.com)
- We care deeply about the next generation of scientists and health-care providers and people working at the interfaces of various disciplines," said Sharon Milgram , director of NIH's Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE), during her opening remarks at the seventh annual NIH Graduate and Professional School Fair. (nih.gov)