Vitamin D Deficiency
A nutritional condition produced by a deficiency of VITAMIN D in the diet, insufficient production of vitamin D in the skin, inadequate absorption of vitamin D from the diet, or abnormal conversion of vitamin D to its bioactive metabolites. It is manifested clinically as RICKETS in children and OSTEOMALACIA in adults. (From Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 19th ed, p1406)
A vitamin that includes both CHOLECALCIFEROLS and ERGOCALCIFEROLS, which have the common effect of preventing or curing RICKETS in animals. It can also be viewed as a hormone since it can be formed in SKIN by action of ULTRAVIOLET RAYS upon the precursors, 7-dehydrocholesterol and ERGOSTEROL, and acts on VITAMIN D RECEPTORS to regulate CALCIUM in opposition to PARATHYROID HORMONE.
Disorders caused by interruption of BONE MINERALIZATION manifesting as OSTEOMALACIA in adults and characteristic deformities in infancy and childhood due to disturbances in normal BONE FORMATION. The mineralization process may be interrupted by disruption of VITAMIN D; PHOSPHORUS; or CALCIUM homeostasis, resulting from dietary deficiencies, or acquired, or inherited metabolic, or hormonal disturbances.
24,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D 3
25-Hydroxyvitamin D 2
The physiologically active form of vitamin D. It is formed primarily in the kidney by enzymatic hydroxylation of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (CALCIFEDIOL). Its production is stimulated by low blood calcium levels and parathyroid hormone. Calcitriol increases intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and in concert with parathyroid hormone increases bone resorption.
Products in capsule, tablet or liquid form that provide dietary ingredients, and that are intended to be taken by mouth to increase the intake of nutrients. Dietary supplements can include macronutrients, such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats; and/or MICRONUTRIENTS, such as VITAMINS; MINERALS; and PHYTOCHEMICALS.
A polypeptide hormone (84 amino acid residues) secreted by the PARATHYROID GLANDS which performs the essential role of maintaining intracellular CALCIUM levels in the body. Parathyroid hormone increases intracellular calcium by promoting the release of CALCIUM from BONE, increases the intestinal absorption of calcium, increases the renal tubular reabsorption of calcium, and increases the renal excretion of phosphates.
25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 1-alpha-Hydroxylase
A mitochondrial cytochrome P450 enzyme that catalyzes the 1-alpha-hydroxylation of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 (also known as 25-hydroxycholecalciferol) in the presence of molecular oxygen and NADPH-FERRIHEMOPROTEIN REDUCTASE. This enzyme, encoded by CYP27B1 gene, converts 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 to 1-alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 which is the active form of VITAMIN D in regulating bone growth and calcium metabolism. This enzyme is also active on plant 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 (ergocalciferol).
Proteins, usually found in the cytoplasm, that specifically bind calcitriol, migrate to the nucleus, and regulate transcription of specific segments of DNA with the participation of D receptor interacting proteins (called DRIP). Vitamin D is converted in the liver and kidney to calcitriol and ultimately acts through these receptors.
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
Bone Density Conservation Agents
Any food that has been supplemented with essential nutrients either in quantities that are greater than those present normally, or which are not present in the food normally. Fortified food includes also food to which various nutrients have been added to compensate for those removed by refinement or processing. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Bone and Bones
An organic amine proton acceptor. It is used in the synthesis of surface-active agents and pharmaceuticals; as an emulsifying agent for cosmetic creams and lotions, mineral oil and paraffin wax emulsions, as a biological buffer, and used as an alkalizer. (From Merck, 11th ed; Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1424)
Native, inorganic or fossilized organic substances having a definite chemical composition and formed by inorganic reactions. They may occur as individual crystals or may be disseminated in some other mineral or rock. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed; McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
S100 Calcium Binding Protein G
A calbindin protein found in many mammalian tissues, including the UTERUS, PLACENTA, BONE, PITUITARY GLAND, and KIDNEYS. In intestinal ENTEROCYTES it mediates intracellular calcium transport from apical to basolateral membranes via calcium binding at two EF-HAND MOTIFS. Expression is regulated in some tissues by VITAMIN D.
A compound that inhibits symport of sodium, potassium, and chloride primarily in the ascending limb of Henle, but also in the proximal and distal tubules. This pharmacological action results in excretion of these ions, increased urinary output, and reduction in extracellular fluid. This compound has been classified as a loop or high ceiling diuretic.
The amount of mineral per square centimeter of BONE. This is the definition used in clinical practice. Actual bone density would be expressed in grams per milliliter. It is most frequently measured by X-RAY ABSORPTIOMETRY or TOMOGRAPHY, X RAY COMPUTED. Bone density is an important predictor for OSTEOPOROSIS.
Facility Regulation and Control
United States Food and Drug Administration
Substances intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body's structure or functions. Included in this definition are skin creams, lotions, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, permanent waves, hair colors, toothpastes, and deodorants, as well as any material intended for use as a component of a cosmetic product. (U.S. Food & Drug Administration Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition Office of Cosmetics Fact Sheet (web page) Feb 1995)
Investigational New Drug Application
An application that must be submitted to a regulatory agency (the FDA in the United States) before a drug can be studied in humans. This application includes results of previous experiments; how, where, and by whom the new studies will be conducted; the chemical structure of the compound; how it is thought to work in the body; any toxic effects found in animal studies; and how the compound is manufactured. (From the "New Medicines in Development" Series produced by the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association and published irregularly.)
Apoptosis inhibitory activity of cytoplasmic p21(Cip1/WAF1) in monocytic differentiation. (1/960)p21(Cip1/WAF1) inhibits cell-cycle progression by binding to G1 cyclin/CDK complexes and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) through its N- and C-terminal domains, respectively. The cell-cycle inhibitory activity of p21(Cip1/WAF1) is correlated with its nuclear localization. Here, we report a novel cytoplasmic localization of p21(Cip1/WAF1) in peripheral blood monocytes (PBMs) and in U937 cells undergoing monocytic differentiation by in vitro treatment with vitamin D3 or ectopic expression of p21(Cip1/WAF1), and analyze the biological consequences of this cytoplasmic expression. U937 cells which exhibit nuclear p21(Cip1/WAF1) demonstrated G1 cell-cycle arrest and subsequently differentiated into monocytes. The latter event was associated with a cytoplasmic expression of nuclear p21(Cip1/WAF1), concomitantly with a resistance to various apoptogenic stimuli. Biochemical analysis showed that cytoplasmic p21(Cip1/WAF1) forms a complex with the apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1) and inhibits stress-activated MAP kinase cascade. Expression of a deletion mutant of p21(Cip1/WAF1) lacking the nuclear localization signal (DeltaNLS-p21) did not induce cell cycle arrest nor monocytic differentiation, but led to an apoptosis-resistant phenotype, mediated by binding to and inhibition of the stress-activated ASK1 activity. Thus, cytoplasmic p21(Cip1/WAF1) itself acted as an inhibitor of apoptosis. Our findings highlight the different functional roles of p21(Cip1/WAF1), which are determined by its intracellular distribution and are dependent on the stage of differentiation. (+info)
1Alpha,25dihydroxyvitamin D3 and platinum drugs act synergistically to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cell lines. (2/960)The majority of men who die from prostate cancer (PC) have hormone-refractory disease. To date, chemotherapeutic agents have had little or no impact on the survival of such patients. To explore a new approach for the treatment of hormone-refractory PC, we examined the combination effects of cis- or carboplatin with vitamin D. 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1alpha,25(OH)2D3) and its synthetic analogue, Ro 25-6760, have an antiproliferative effect on some prostate cancer cell lines. Consequently, the growth-inhibitory effects of the drugs were measured, both singularly and in combination with cis- or carboplatin, on PC cells. Our results show that although each of the drugs alone displayed antiproliferative activity, the growth inhibition of PC cells was further enhanced by the combination of 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 or Ro 25-6760 and either platinum agent. The greatest enhancement of inhibition occurred using smaller concentrations of the platinum compound in combination with higher concentrations of 1alpha,25(OH)2D3. Isobologram analysis revealed that 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 and platinum acted in a synergistic manner to inhibit the growth of PC cells. Our findings suggest that there is potential clinical value in combining 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 with platinum compounds for the treatment of advanced-stage human PC. (+info)
Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D in growing kittens is related to dietary intake of cholecalciferol. (3/960)Vitamin D synthesis by growing kittens exposed to ultraviolet light is ineffective. Concentration of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25-OHD) in plasma (the most useful index of vitamin D status) was measured in six groups each of seven kittens given a purified diet (12 g calcium and 8 g phosphorus/kg, calculated metabolizable energy = 20 kJ/g) that contained either 0.0, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 18.75 or 25 microg of cholecalciferol/kg diet. All kittens received these diets from 9 to 22 wk of age, and the two groups given the 0.0 and 3.125 microg cholecalciferol/kg treatments continued to receive the diets until they were 34 wk old. Total and ionizable calcium and phosphorus in plasma were not affected by treatments. No adverse clinical changes were observed or found on radiographic examination of the kittens at 22 or 34 wk of age. Plasma concentration of 25-OHD was linearly related (r2 = 0.99, P < 0.001) to dietary intake of cholecalciferol. Plasma concentration of 25-OHD in kittens given the diet without added vitamin D was significantly less at 22 wk than at 9 wk, whereas kittens receiving the diet containing 3.125 microg cholecalciferol/kg had significantly higher 25-OHD concentrations at 22 and 34 wk than at 9 wk of age. Kittens given the 6.25 microg cholecalciferol/kg diet had plasma 25-OHD concentrations at 22 wk > 50 nmol/L which is considered replete for humans. An allowance of 6. 25 microg (250 IU) of cholecalciferol/kg diet is suggested to provide a margin of safety. (+info)
Structure-function studies of new C-20 epimer pairs of vitamin D3 analogs. (4/960)A growing number of calcitriol (1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) analogs have become available in recent years. Many of these analogs exhibit lower calcemic effects than calcitriol and inhibit cell proliferation and enhance cell differentation more efficiently than calcitriol. We have compared structure-function relationships of a series of new C-20 epimer (20-epi) vitamin D3 analogs with their natural C-20 counterparts. In human MG-63 osteosarcoma cells, quantification of cellular osteocalcin mRNA levels by Northern blot analysis and osteocalcin biosynthesis by radioimmunoassay indicated that most studied analogs at a concentration of 10 nm induced osteocalcin gene expression more efficiently than the parent compound, calcitriol. Interestingly, when the biological responses were compared with the binding affinities of the analogs to in-vitro translated human vitamin D receptor and with their ability to protect the receptor against partial proteolytic digestion, significant correlations were not observed. Further, molecular modelling of the compounds by energy minimization did not reveal marked differences in the three-dimensional structures of the analogs. These results suggest that higher than normal ligand binding affinity or 'natural' conformation of the ligand-receptor complex are not necessarily required for the 'superagonist' transactivation activity. The mechanism of action of the efficient analogs may involve stabilization and/or differential binding of transcriptional coactivators or transcription intermediary factors to the hVDR during transactivation. (+info)
1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3: in vivo metabolite of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in rats. (5/960)We recently identified 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3 as a major in vitro metabolite of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, produced in primary cultures of neonatal human keratinocytes. We now report the isolation of 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3 from the serum of rats treated with pharmacological doses of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3 was identified through its co-migration with synthetic 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3 on both straight and reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography systems and by mass spectrometry. Along with 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3, other previously known metabolites, namely, 1alpha,24(R),25-trihydroxyvitamin D3, 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-24-oxo-vitamin D3 and 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-26,23-lactone, were also identified. Thus, our study for the first time provides direct evidence to indicate that 1alpha,25-dihydroxy-3-epi-vitamin D3 is an in vivo metabolite of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in rats. (+info)
Cloning of porcine 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase and its regulation by cAMP in LLC-PK1 cells. (6/960)The 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase, also referred to as CYP27B1, is a mitochondrial cytochrome P450 enzyme that catalyzes the biosynthesis of 1alpha, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1alpha,25(OH)2D3) from 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in renal proximal tubular cells. Recently, human, mouse, and rat CYP27B1 cDNA have been cloned, however the gene regulation has not been fully elucidated. In the present study, porcine CYP27B cDNA was cloned, and the effects of cAMP and vitamin D3 on the regulation of CYP27B1 mRNA expression in LLC-PK1 cells were examined. PCR cloning revealed that porcine CYP27B1 cDNA consisted of 2316 bp, encoding a protein of 504 amino acids. The deduced amino acid sequence showed over 80% identity to the human, mouse, and rat enzyme. LLC-PK1 cells were incubated with humoral factors, and expression of CYP27B1 mRNA was measured by a quantitative reverse transcription-PCR. At the completion of 3-, 6-, 12-, and 24-h incubations, 500 micromol/L 8-bromo-cAMP had significantly increased CYP27B1 mRNA expression (260 to 340%). The adenylate cyclase activator forskolin at 50 micromol/L also had a stimulatory effect at 6 h (190%). Moreover, the protein kinase A inhibitor H-89 reduced the cAMP effect. On the other hand, 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 had no effect on CYP27B1 mRNA expression at 10 and 100 nmol/L, whereas expression of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase (CYP24) mRNA was markedly increased by 1alpha,25(OH)2D3. These findings suggest that LLC-PK1 cells express CYP27B1 mRNA, and that cAMP is an upregulating factor of the CYP27B1 gene in vitro. (+info)
Vitamin D3 supplementation of beef steers increases longissimus tenderness. (7/960)The objectives of these experiments were to determine 1) the effectiveness of supplemental vitamin D3 (VITD) on altering plasma and muscle calcium levels, 2) whether VITD supplementation improves Warner-Bratzler shear force (WBS) values of steaks from feedlot beef steers, and 3) the tenderness response curve of longissimus steaks from steers supplemented with VITD. In Exp. 1, 20 crossbred steers were assigned randomly to one of four treatment diets consisting of either 0, 2.5, 5.0, or 7.5 x 106 IU of VITD per day for 10 d. Blood samples were obtained daily during this supplementation period and 5 d thereafter (d 11 to 15). Between d 6 and 13, a linear increase (P < .01) in ionized plasma calcium concentrations was observed in steers supplemented with VITD. Compared to unsupplemented steers, serum calcium concentrations of the steers receiving 7.5 x 106 IU of VITD per day were increased 8 to 48%. In Exp. 2, longissimus samples from crossbred steers (n = 118) that were supplemented with either 0 or 5 x 106 IU of VITD per day for 7 d were obtained and aged for 7, 14, or 21 d. Following the initial 7-d postmortem aging period, VITD supplementation lowered (P < .01) WBS (.58 kg) and increased sensory tenderness rating (.6 units) compared to cuts originating from unsupplemented steers. In Exp. 3, 44 steers were supplemented with either 0 or 7.5 x 106 IU of VITD per day for 10 d immediately prior to slaughter. Results indicated that plasma and longissimus calcium concentration were higher (P < .05) for steers that received supplemental VITD. Compared with unsupplemented cuts, VITD supplementation improved WBS of cuts aged for either 7 or 14 d (P = .02 and P = .07, respectively). Sensory panelists rated samples from VITD supplemented steers as more tender than their unsupplemented counterparts. Activation of calpain proteases could be responsible for the observed tenderization due to the supplementation of VITD. (+info)
A two-hit mechanism for vitamin D3-mediated transcriptional repression of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor gene: vitamin D receptor competes for DNA binding with NFAT1 and stabilizes c-Jun. (8/960)We previously described a control element in the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) enhancer that is necessary and sufficient to mediate both transcriptional activation in response to T-cell stimuli and transcriptional repression by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3] through the vitamin D3 receptor (VDR). This DNA element is a composite site that is recognized by both Fos-Jun and NFAT1; it is directly bound by VDR in the absence of a retinoid X receptor as an apparent monomer, and it is bound in a unique tertiary conformation. We describe here the mechanism by which VDR elicits its transcriptional inhibitory effect. Firstly, VDR outcompetes NFAT1 for binding to the composite site. Overexpression of NFAT1 in vivo by transient transfection is able to relieve the 1,25(OH)2D3-dependent repression. Secondly, VDR stabilizes the binding of a Jun-Fos heterodimer to the adjacent AP-1 portion of the element. This appears to occur through a direct interaction between VDR and c-Jun, as demonstrated in vitro by direct glutathione S-transferase coprecipitation assays. In vivo, overexpression of c-Jun, but not c-Fos, leads to a rescue of the 1, 25(OH)2D3-mediated repression. Transfected FLAG-VDR bound to the NFAT1-AP-1 DNA binding element can be selectively precipitated from nuclear extracts that are made from cells treated with activating agents in the presence of 1,25(OH)2D3. VDR is not detected in the complex in the absence of the ligand. Thus, VDR acts selectively on the two components required for activation of this promoter/enhancer: it competes with NFAT1 for binding to the composite site, positioning itself adjacent to Jun-Fos on the DNA. Co-occupancy apparently leads to an inhibitory effect on c-Jun's transactivation function. These two events mediated by VDR effectively block the NFAT1-AP-1 activation complex, resulting in an attenuation of activated GM-CSF transcription. (+info)
Dietary cholecalciferol and calcium levels in a western-style defined rodent diet alter energy metabolism and inflammatory...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Dietary cholecalciferol and calcium levels in a western-style defined rodent diet alter energy metabolism and inflammatory responses in mice. AU - Bastie, Claire C.. AU - Gaffney-Stomberg, Erin. AU - Lee, Ting Wen A. AU - Dhima, Elena. AU - Pessin, Jeffrey E.. AU - Augenlicht, Leonard H.. PY - 2012/5/1. Y1 - 2012/5/1. N2 - Male and female C57Bl6 mice were fed a control AIN76A diet, a new Western-style diet (NWD1) reflecting dietary patterns linked to elevated colon cancer incidence (higher fat, lower cholecalciferol, calcium, methyl donors, fiber), or NWD1 with elevated cholecalciferol and calcium (NWD2) from weaning. After 24 wk, serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] decreased by ,80% in the NWD1 group compared with controls, but with no alteration in serum calcium or bone mineral density. The decreased serum 25(OH)D was prevented in the NWD2 group. After 32 wk, the NWD1 group compared with controls reduced overall energy expenditure by 15% without altering food consumption or ...
Comparison of the Micellar Incorporation and the Intestinal Cell Uptake of Cholecalciferol, 25-Hydroxycholecalciferol and 1-α...
In the context of the global prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency, we compared two key determinants of the bioavailability of 3 vitamin D forms with significant biopotencies: cholecalciferol, 25-hydroxycholecalciferol and 1-α-hydroxycholecalciferol. To this aim, we studied their incorporation into synthetic mixed micelles and their uptake by intestinal cells in culture. Our results show that 1-α-hydroxycholecalciferol was significantly more solubilized into mixed micelles compared to the other forms (1.6-fold and 2.9-fold improvement compared to cholecalciferol and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol, respectively). In Caco-2 TC7 cells, the hydroxylated forms were taken up more efficiently than cholecalciferol (p | 0.05), and conversely to cholecalciferol, their uptake was neither SR-BI(Scavenger-Receptor class B type I)- nor NPC1L1 (NPC1 like intracellular cholesterol transporter 1)-dependent. Besides, the apical membrane sodium-bile acid transporter ASBT (Apical Sodium-dependent Bile acid Transporter) was
PRIME PubMed | Maintenance of wintertime vitamin D status with cholecalciferol supplementation is not associated with...
PubMed journal article Maintenance of wintertime vitamin D status with cholecalciferol supplementation is not associated with alterations in serum cytokine concentrations among apparently healthy younger or older adult were found in PRIME PubMed. Download Prime PubMed App to iPhone, iPad, or Android
Drug - Cholecalciferol | PharmacistAnswers
Vitamin D, in general, is a secosteroid generated in the skin when 7-dehydrocholesterol located there interacts with ultraviolet irradiation - like that commonly found in sunlight . Both the endogenous form of vitamin D (that results from 7-dehydrocholesterol transformation), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), and the plant-derived form, vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), are considered the main forms of vitamin d and are found in various types of food for daily intake . Structurally, ergocalciferol differs from cholecalciferol in that it possesses a double bond between C22 and C23 and has an additional methyl group at C24 . Finally, ergocalciferol is pharmacologically less potent than cholecalciferol, which makes vitamin D3 the preferred agent for medical use [Read more Vitamin D, in general, is a secosteroid generated in the skin when 7-dehydrocholesterol located there interacts with ultraviolet irradiation - like that commonly found in sunlight . Both the endogenous form of vitamin D (that ...
A Randomized Trial of Vitamin D Supplementation on Vascular Function in CKD. | The George Institute for Global Health
Vitamin D deficiency associates with mortality in patients with CKD, and vitamin D supplementation might mitigate cardiovascular disease risk in CKD. In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, we investigated the effect of cholecalciferol supplementation on vascular function in 120 patients of either sex, aged 18-70 years, with nondiabetic CKD stage 3-4 and vitamin D deficiency (serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D ≤20 ng/ml). We randomized patients using a 1:1 ratio to receive either two directly observed oral doses of cholecalciferol (300,000 IU) or matching placebo at baseline and 8 weeks. The primary outcome was change in endothelium-dependent brachial artery flow-mediated dilation at 16 weeks. Secondary outcome measures included changes in pulse wave velocity and circulating biomarkers. Cholecalciferol supplementation significantly increased endothelium-dependent brachial artery flow-mediated dilation at 16 weeks, whereas placebo did not (between-group difference in mean change: ...
Effects of dietary calcium and cholecalciferol on weight gain and mineral composition of the blue tilapia
Interactions of dietary calcium and cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) were evaluated with fingerling blue tilapia using a 2 x 2 factorial design. Four purified diets were formulated to contain 34% crude protein from egg albumin and 3.20 kcal available energy/g. The basal diet (0.02% Ca) was supplemented with either 0 or 0.75% Ca (from CaC2-2H,O) and 0 or 2,000 IU vitamin D3/kg in a factorial arrangement. Experimental diets were fed in triplicate to groups of blue tilapia initially averaging 2.30 ︢0.09 g in 38-1 aquaria receiving water with 0.1 mg Ca/l for a period of 36 weeks. Significantly (P , 0.05) greater weight gain, bone and scale calcium, as well as bone and scale phosphorus values were observed for fish fed the calciumsupplemented diets as compared to fish fed the diets without supplemental. calcium. Supplementation of vitamin D3 produced some significant differences in these parameters, however; the differences were not consistent for all sampling periods. Based on these results, it is ...
D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU 100 caps, Dietary Supplement, Bio-Tech immune co-factors, Protection treatment
D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU 100 caps Dietary Supplement Supplement Facts Serving Size: One (1) Capsule Servings per Container: 100 Amount per Serving Vitamin D3 (Natural) 1,000 IU (Cholecalciferol) Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, silica, gelatin. Contains no yeast, gluten, sugar or dye. Suggested Use: One capsule or more daily. Keep out of reach of children. Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Safety sealed for your protection.
Vitamin D - Solgar - Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU Softgels - 100
Vitamin D Softgels 1,000 IU (Cholecalciferol)Sugar, Salt and Starch FreeThe benefits of Vitamin D3 run from supporting healthy bones to aiding the immune system.* D3 assists the body with calcium absorption if calcium is not absorbed properly, bodily systems in need will take it from the bones.* D3 supports the immune system* D3 strengthens breast, colon and pancreas health* One of the primary natural sources of Vitamin D is the sun, so supplementation can be essential during winter, in northern climates, and during summer if you use sunscreen. Vitamin D absorption declines with ageSuggested Use: As a dietary supplement for adults, one (1) softgel daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.Serving Size 1 SoftgelAmount Per SoftgelIngredients: Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol from fish liver oil) 1000 IU (250%)To assure freshness and potency, store in a cool, dry place, away from heat, light and moisture.Other Ingredients: Safflower Oil, Gelatin, Glycerin, Water.
ORBi: Browsing ORBi
in Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation (2013), 28(7), 1779-1786. Background. The role of cholecalciferol supplementation in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients has been questioned. The objective of this randomized double-blinded study is to assess whether ... [more ▼]. Background. The role of cholecalciferol supplementation in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients has been questioned. The objective of this randomized double-blinded study is to assess whether cholecalciferol therapy can increase serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels in haemodialysed patients and the safety implications of this therapy on certain biological parameters and vascular calcifications score. Methods. Forty-three haemodialysis patients were randomized to receive placebo or cholecalciferol (25 000 IU) therapy every 2 weeks. The biological parameters, serum calcium, phosphorus, 25(OH)D and parathormone (PTH) levels, were monitored monthly for 12 consecutive months. Vascular calcifications were assessed by ...
Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 2,500 IU 100 Softgels - Organic Basic Food
Description Cholecalciferol In Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dietary Supplement Supports: Calcium and Bone Metabolism Immune Function Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3 provides cholecalciferol, which is more biologically active than ergocalciferol
Cholecalciferol Supplement in Treating Patients With Localized Prostate Cancer Undergoing Observation - Full Text View -...
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:. I. To determine the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) response with oral high dose vitamin D3 supplementation (cholecalciferol) in patients with localized, histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the prostate who have not received any treatment for prostate cancer ever and have chosen expectant management.. SECONDARY OBJECTIVES:. I. To examine the pattern of response of PSA dynamics as well as the absolute change in PSA following vitamin D3 supplementation.. II. Assess the toxicity of vitamin D3 supplementation in men with prostate cancer.. TERTIARY OBJECTIVES:. I. Track occurrence of infections, deep venous thrombosis, vascular events and falls in the study population.. II. To evaluate relationship between cytochrome P450 family 24 (CYP24), 27B1, single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) and serum 25(hydroxy [OH]) vitamin D response to oral D3 supplementation.. OUTLINE: Patients are randomized to 1 of 2 treatment arms.. ARM I: Patients receive cholecalciferol orally (PO) once ...
What Are the Benefits of Cholecalciferol? | Livestrong.com
Cholecalciferol, also called vitamin D-3, is a fat-soluble vitamin that is necessary for the maintenance of a healthy body. Your body makes cholecalciferol when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays from the sun, according to MayoClinic.com.
0.25 mcg of calcitriol is eequivalent to how many i.u. of cholecalciferol?
1 Answer - Posted in: calcitriol, cholecalciferol - Answer: No - the doses are not the same. One IU of Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) ...
Cholecalciferol Poisoning in Horses - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost
Cholecalciferol, better known as vitamin D3, is naturally produced in the skin of animals that results from a reaction to sunlight. Excessive amounts of cholecalciferol can have adverse, and even fatal effects.
Teva-Alendronate/Cholecalciferol - Uses, Side Effects, Interactions - MedBroadcast.com
Teva-Alendronate/Cholecalciferol: This is a combination medication that contains alendronate and cholecalciferol. It is used to treat osteoporosis for postmenopausal women and for men. Alendronate belongs to a family of medications known as bisphosphonates.
HYPOVITAMINOSIS D AND ORGAN DAMAGE IN PATIENTS WITH HYPERTENSION: EFFECTS OF SUPPLEMENTATION WITH CHOLECALCIFEROL - AdisInsight
To evaluate the efficacy of cholecalciferol supplementation on blood pressure control and clinical and subclinical organ damage in patients with essential
A Study on the Effect of the Energy of Consciousness Healing Treatment on Physicochemical and Thermal Properties of Vitamin D3 ...
Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is a secosteroid nutraceutical used for the prevention and treatment of vitamin D deficiency. The objective of this study was to investigate the impact of The Trivedi Effect® - Energy of Consciousness Healing Treatment on the physicochemical and thermal properties of cholecalciferol using PXRD, PSA, DSC, and TGA/DTG analysis. Cholecalciferol was divided into two parts, one part of cholecalciferol was considered as control (no Biofield Treatment was provided), while second part received The Trivedi Effect® - Biofield Energy Healing Treatment remotely by a renowned Biofield Energy Healer, Alice Branton. The PXRD analysis exhibited that the relative intensities of characteristic diffraction peak in the Alices treated cholecalciferol were significantly altered from -28.21% to 54.16% compared with the control sample. The crystallite size of the treated sample was altered from -40.02% to 83.20% compared with the control sample. The particle size values at d10, d50, ...
Effects of cholecalciferol supplementation and optimized calcium intakes on vitamin D status, muscle strength and bone health:...
Sigma-Aldrich offers abstracts and full-text articles by [Anne-Françoise Rousseau, Marguerite Foidart-Desalle, Didier Ledoux, Christophe Remy, Jean-Louis Croisier, Pierre Damas, Etienne Cavalier].
Vitamin D - Solgar - Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 5000 IU Vegetable Capsules - 60 K
The benefits of Vitamin D3 run from supporting healthy bones to aiding the immune system.* D3 assists the body with calcium absorption if calcium is not absorbed properly, bodily systems in need will take it from the bones.* D3 supports the immune system* D3 strengthens breast, colon and pancreas health* One of the primary natural sources of Vitamin D is the sun, so supplementation can be essential during winter, in northern climates, and during summer if you use sunscreen. Vitamin D absorption declines with age Supplement Facts Vitamin D3 5000 IU 1250% as cholecalciferol Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium StearateDirections As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) vegetable capsule daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a health care practitioner. CautionIf you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement.
Is there a link between vitamin D status and kidney transplant outcome? | Natural Solutions Radio
Studies from our group and others have already shown that cholecalciferol supplementation is a safe way to increase 25 (OH)D concentrations in kidney transplant recipients, but the small number of treated patients included in these studies and their short follow-up do not allow any conclusion on the effect of these treatments on kidney function. Our results should encourage randomized controlled trials evaluating the effect of early cholecalciferol supplementation on renal allograft function and provide valuable information on the magnitude of the expected effects of such treatments on renal function and histologic features ...
China Supply Vitamins Food Grade CAS: 67-97-0 Vitamin D3 - China Cholecalciferol, 67-97-0
China Supply Vitamins Food Grade CAS: 67-97-0 Vitamin D3, Find details about China Cholecalciferol, 67-97-0 from China Supply Vitamins Food Grade CAS: 67-97-0 Vitamin D3 - Wuhan Dahua Weiye Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd.
Get All Natural Perfect Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol
Try Perfect Vitamin D3 for all natural, highly absorbable cholecalciferol, the biologically active form of Vitamin D3 produced by our bodies. Free Shipping!
Solgar: Vitamin D3 2200 IU (Cholecalciferol) - 100 VCaps
Solgar : Vitamin D3 2200 IU (Cholecalciferol) - 100 VCaps - Affordable Natural Supplements. Vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, and natural products. Free shipping on orders over $100!
Buy Jarrow Formulas, Vitamin D3, Cholecalciferol, 400 IU, 100 Softgels
Jarrow Formulas, Vitamin D3, Cholecalciferol, 400 IU, 100 Softgels. For all your vitamins, superfoods and nutritional supplements. Lowest prices, fast
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) - 100g Pure Powder - PHF Supplements
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) is an important nutrient responsible for regulating calcium, which contributes to the health of teeth, bones and cartilage. It may also support healthy immune function and aids in the absorption of magnesium, a mineral essenti. ...
Pharmaceutical Drops - Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 Drops Manufacturer from Panchkula
Manufacturer of Pharmaceutical Drops - Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3 Drops, Multivitamin Multimineral And Lysine Drops, Ferrous Ascorbate With Folic Acid Drops and Ondsansetron Oral Solution IP offered by Sara Remedies Limited, Panchkula, Haryana.
ALENDRONIC ACID + CHOLECALCIFEROL - Watsons Health
Alendronic acid is a drug that belongs to a class of medicines known as bisphosphonates. It acts by inhibiting bone resorption which is mediated by osteoclasts, further leading to increase in bone mineral density.. Cholecalciferol is a substance that is produced by the skin that results from the conversion of 7-dehydrocholesterol to split (seco) sterol previt D3 and subsequently colecalciferol (vit D3) through ultraviolet light. Vitamin D3 is the natural precursor of1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 or calcitriol, which in turn mobilizes calcium in the bones. Calcitriol increases the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate and also acts to regulate bone formation and bone resorption.. ...
Vitamin D and Arterial Function in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
The purpose of this study is to determine whether nutritional (cholecalciferol) or active vitamin D (calcitriol) supplementation improves vascular endothelial function in patients with stage IIIB and IV chronic kidney disease with vitamin D insufficiency or deficiency. The investigators hypothesize that the use of calcitriol supplementation will result in improved vascular endothelial function as compared to cholecalciferol supplementation ...
What is Cholecalciferol? (with pictures)
Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D thats synthesized by the skin after exposure to sunlight. Its also added to many foods as...
D 1000 IU (Cholecalciferol) 90 Tabs , made by thompson
Product Page for D 1000 IU (Cholecalciferol) 90 Tabs made by thompson offering price, ingredients and full item description from betterlife
Cholecalciferol Inhibits Cell Growth and Induces Apoptosis in the Caski Cell Line - National Health Laboratory Service
Bhoora, S., Y. Pather, S. Marais, and R. Punchoo. Cholecalciferol Inhibits Cell Growth and Induces Apoptosis in the Caski Cell Line. Med Sci (Basel) 8, no. 1 (Feb 13 2020).. ...
Cholecalciferol | ninfo.org
ninfo.se medforsk laboratories ninfo.se Research and development guarantees/certificates Research & Studies: Cholecalciferol "Do not tell ever...
Colloidal Calium Cholecalciferol - Manufacturer,Supplier,Exporter
AMBICA PHARMA - Manufacturer,Supplier,Exporter of Colloidal Calium Cholecalciferol from India. We offer best quality of products at a best price rate.
Cholecalciferol Wafer: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com
Easy to read patient leaflet for Cholecalciferol Wafer. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, precautions, and possible side effects.
Additional Information and Links to Scientific Studies
A 2014 multicenter study of the proven relationship between hormone Vitamin D deficiency and obesity, at the University of Oulu Oulu Institute of Biomedicine in Finland, The University of South Adelaide in Australia, University College London in the UK, and the Imperial College London in the UK, found that a higher BMI was causally related to lower cholecalciferol (D(25(OH)D), but that no immediate effect was achieved with cholecalciferol supplementation. The Vitamin D3 hormone receptor was central to many metabolic effects associated with obesity, though, and that active D3, or calcitriol, was produced by the fat cells, and was integral to regulation of the inflammatory mediators in the fat cells. Therefore, these studies showed clearly that deficient modulation of fat cell inflammatory processes contributed heavily to increased growth of fat cells, and this was directly linked to hormone Vitamin D deficiency, but that these effects were non-linear and dependent on a large array of other ...
257 The effect of adding curcumin on vitamin d3 supplementation on anti-dsdna levels and proteinuria, in sle patients with...
Methods This was a randomised controlled trial, double blind study. Forty SLE patients with hypovitamin D were studied, that randomised into two groups: 20 patients (supplementation group) received vitamin D (cholecalciferol 1200 IU daily) with curcumin 20 mg (three times daily); and 20 patients (placebo group) was given vitamin D (cholecalciferol 1200 IU daily) and placebo (3 times daily), for 3 months. Anti-ds DNA serum levels were measured by ELISA and urine protein were measured by urine albumin creatinine ratio (UACR). ...
Difficulties in establishing requirements for vitamin D arise from the limited number of food sources available, lack of knowledge of precise body needs, and degree of synthesis in the skin by irradiation. The amount needed can vary between winter and summer in northern climates. In addition, life-style determines the degree of exposure to sunlight and would therefore influence individual need. This is especially true of the elderly and invalids who do not go outside and therefore may need supplementary vitamin D. Growth demands in childhood, during pregnancy, and during lactation necessitate increased intake. The daily recommendation for young adults is 7.5 mcg and older adults 5.0 mcg. The RDA standard is 10 mcg, or 400 international units (IU), of cholecalciferol daily for children and for women during pregnancy and lactation. One IU of vitamin D is equivalent to biologic activity of 0.025 mcg of pure crystalline vitamin D-3 (cholecalciferol). Adults over 22 years of age need only a small ...
To the Editor:. An 84-year-old woman with a history of surgical menopause at the age of 37 years, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and prolonged corticosteroid use (prescribed by her general pratictioner for osteoarthritis-related pain), sustained a low-trauma vertebral fracture at L3 level. Radiographs showed previous L2 fracture. Other investigations were unremarkable, except for low 25-OH vitamin D levels (22.1 ng/ml) and elevated plasma parathyroid hormone (144 pg/ml). She was then diagnosed with osteoporosis, supplemented with 300,000 IU of oral cholecalciferol, and started therapy with neridronic acid (NA), 100 mg intravenously1. Corticosteroids had been tapered before starting NA. The day after her first NA dose, she noticed polyarthralgia, myalgia, and fever (to 38°C). Over the subsequent 5 days, symptoms eased, but she experienced progressive pain and swelling of her left shoulder. Pain was severe and she was unable to lift her left arm for activities of daily living. She came to ...
The importance of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (vitamin D) -Therapeutic target range - check the level of 25...
Importance of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (vitamin D) -Therapeutic target range for the body is at a high level. Check the level of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (vitamin D) -Therapeutic target range and prevent health problems.
Solgar Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU (250 softgels)
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is required to promote calcium absorption, which helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D also supports a healthy immune system and the health of various tissues such as those of the breast and colon. Th
Solgar - Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1,000 IU Softgels - Supports Bone, Muscle and Immune System - Lifestyle Updated
Vitamin D is required to promote calcium absorption, which helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth.Vitamin D also supports a healthy immune system and ne
D3 Serum, Premier (.43 oz) - NewuNow Health & Wellness
4) it tests so strong that its biofield cannot bestress-tapped off even at 100+ stress-taps. (As a point of reference, we have found that the biofield of even the best organically grown American food typically stress-taps off at only 5 stress-taps.). The body was designed to manufacture a sufficient amount of vitamin D simply by skin exposure to sunlight, which converts 7-dehydrocholesterol to cholecalciferol. Cholecalciferol in turn is hydroxylated at the liver forming 25(OH) D. At the kidneys, 25(OH)D is metabolized to the most active form of vitamin D 1,25(OH)2D3. Sadly, we as a nation do not spend much time in sunlight and when we do, our skin is mostly covered. As a consequence, most people have low levels of vitamin D3 which has initiated a ground swell of scientific research calling for increased daily vitamin D3 intake for all Americans.. In 1941, the RDA (recommended dietary allowance) of vitamin D was 400 I.U./day to prevent D deficiency and rickets. Today, scientists are calling for ...
Cholecalciferol loading dose guideline for vitamin D-deficient adults. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Buy Decara (cholecalciferol vitamin d 3) Online | Blink Health
Vitamin D (ergocalciferol-D2, cholecalciferol-D3, alfacalcidol) is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorus.
Vitacost Brand Vitacost Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) -- 4000 IU - 300 Capsules Reviews
Influenster is your source for honest product reviews. Discover new products, read trending news, watch tutorials, and shop and share your favorite products.
Effects of high-dose Vitamin D supplementation on metabolic status and pregnancy outcomes in pregnant women at risk for pre...
This study was designed to assess the beneficial effects of high-dose (cholecalciferol) vitamin D supplementation on metabolic profiles and pregnancy outcomes among pregnant women at risk for pre-eclampsia. This randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial was performed among 60 pregnant women at risk for pre-eclampsia according to abnormal uterine artery Doppler waveform. Subjects were randomly divided into 2 groups to receive 50-000 IU vitamin D supplements (n=30) or receive placebo (n=30) every 2 weeks from 20 to 32 weeks of gestation. Fasting blood samples were taken at baseline study and 12 weeks after the intervention to quantify relevant variables. Newborns anthropometric measurements were determined. Pregnant women who received cholecalciferol supplements had significantly increased serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations (+17.92Â±2.28 vs. +0.27Â±3.19-ng/ml, p,0.001) compared with the placebo. The administration of cholecalciferol supplements, compared with the ...
Effect of 16-weeks vitamin D replacement on calcium-phosphate homeostasis in overweight and obese adults<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Effect of 16-weeks vitamin D replacement on calcium-phosphate homeostasis in overweight and obese adults. AU - Mesinovic, Jakub. AU - Mousa, Aya. AU - Wilson, Kirsty. AU - Scragg, Robert. AU - Plebanski, Magdalena. AU - de Courten, Maximilian. AU - Scott, David. AU - Naderpoor, Negar. AU - de Courten, Barbora. PY - 2019/2. Y1 - 2019/2. N2 - This randomised placebo-controlled trial aimed to determine the effect of 16-weeks cholecalciferol supplementation on calcium-phosphate homeostasis and bone mineral density (BMD) in overweight and obese adults. Fifty-four vitamin D-deficient (25OHD,50 nmol/L), overweight and obese adults (mean age 32 ± 8.5 years) were included in the trial. Participants were randomly assigned to receive either a bolus oral dose of 100,000 IU cholecalciferol followed by 4000 IU cholecalciferol/d or a matching placebo for 16 weeks. Before and after the intervention, serum calcium, phosphate, 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], intact parathyroid hormone (iPTH) and ...
Previtamin D<sub>3</sub> with a trans-fused decalin CD-ring has pronounced genomic...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Previtamin D3 with a trans-fused decalin CD-ring has pronounced genomic activity. AU - Verlinden, Lieve. AU - Verstuyf, Annemieke. AU - Verboven, Christel. AU - Eelen, Guy. AU - De Ranter, Camiel. AU - Gao, Ling Jie. AU - Chen, Yong Jun. AU - Murad, Ibrahim. AU - Choi, Mihwa. AU - Yamamoto, Keiko. AU - Yamada, Sachiko. AU - Van Haver, Dirk. AU - Vandewalle, Maurits. AU - De Clercq, Pierre J.. AU - Bouillon, Roger. PY - 2003/9/12. Y1 - 2003/9/12. N2 - Deletion of C19 in the structure of 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D 3 [1,25(OH)2D3] does not substantially alter the biological potency but prevents the conversion between the vitamin and the previtamin form. Hence, this modification allows the study of locked previtamin and vitamin forms. The locked 19-nor-1,25(OH)2-previtamin D 3 analog (19-nor-previtamin D) had a low biological activity and was a rather weak activator of the genomic signal transduction pathway. 19-Nor-trans-decalin-1,25(OH)2-vitamin D3 (19-nor-TD-vitamin D), ...
Vitamin D3 Syrup - Galcira Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 400 IU Drops Manufacturer from Chandigarh
Manufacturer of Vitamin D3 Syrup - Galcira Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 400 IU Drops, Galcira Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 800 IU Drops offered by Myrra Lifecare (Division Of Stellar Biolabs), Chandigarh.
Calcium/cholecalciferol - Wikipedia
Calcium/cholecalciferol is a combination of a calcium salt (usually calcium carbonate) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), available under many brand names and in many forms such as chewable tablets, coated tablets, and effervescent tablets. It is used to prevent and treat lack of calcium and vitamin D in the elderly, as well as adjunctive therapy for osteoporosis. Possible side effects include gastrointestinal problems, for example nausea and constipation. If very high doses are taken, signs of hypercalcaemia (too high blood calcium levels) have been described, such as stomach pain, vomiting, thirst, and tiredness. Extreme or long-term or overdose can theoretically result in hypervitaminosis D, kidney stones, renal insufficiency and calcinosis. Calcium forms complexes with a number of pharmaceutical drugs, reducing their bioavailability; among them are tetracyclines, quinolone antibiotics, levothyroxine, and bisphosphonates, as well as iron, magnesium and zinc supplements. Vitamin D in usual ...
The Clinical Importance of Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol): A Paradigm Shift with Implications for All Healthcare Providers - ACA...
ment of serum 25-OH-vitamin D (25(OH)D) and serum calcium will help to ensure that vitamin D levels are safe and effective for health maintenance and disease prevention. Clinical research supporting the use of vitamin D in the management of type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, multiple sclerosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, musculoskeletal pain, depression, epilepsy, and the prevention of cancer and type 1 diabetes is presented along with our proposal for the interpretation of serum 25(OH)D laboratory values.. Basic Physiology of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is obtained naturally from two sources: sunlight and dietary consumption. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the form of vitamin D produced in the skin and consumed in the diet. Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), which is produced by irradiating fungi, is much less efficient as a precursor to the biologically active 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D (calcitriol). Additionally, since ergocalciferol ...
Calcium / vitamin D - York General Practice VTS
Calcium / Vitamin D Calcium metabolism • Serum calcium drops.. PTH released.. • In kidney, PTH turns vitamin D into its active form 1,25hydroxycholecalciferol (calcitriol)... It also increases kidneys reabsorption of calcium from urine • Calcitriol acts to aid absorption of calcium from small intestine Calcium metabolism • Dietary sources - Dairy (semi skimmed milk greater content than full fat), sardines, bread, baked beans, cabbage • PTH causes release of calcium from bone into bloodstream. • Absorption of calcium from blood into bone matrix, stimulated by calcitriol Vitamin D metabolism • Vitamin D is produced by the skin in sunlight (cholecalciferol - D3) • Diet adequate in vitamin D is needed to maintain supplies in Winter (D2 and D3) • Dietary sources: - Eggs, dairy products, oily fish, fortified cereals • Skin and dietary sources of vitamin D are metabolised by liver and then kidney, into active form 1,25hydroxycholecalciferol (calcitriol) Vitamin D deficiency • ...
Studies of the Kinetics of Competitive Protein Binding Assays of Cholecalciferol and of 25-Hydroxycholecalciferol | Clinical...
M. A. Preece, J. L. H. ORiordan, D. E. M. Lawson, S. Edelstein, E. Kodicek; Studies of the Kinetics of Competitive Protein Binding Assays of Cholecalciferol and of 25-Hydroxycholecalciferol. Clin Sci 1 April 1972; 42 (4): 16P-17P. doi: https://doi.org/10.1042/cs042016Pb. Download citation file:. ...
Calcium vitamin d sodium citrate citric acid multivitamin citracal naturally occurring mineral different vitamins
26. Citracal 250 mg + D (Calcium Vitamin D) Calcium is a mineral that is found naturally in foods. Citracal + D (Calcium Vitamin D) Citracal Creamy Bites (Calcium Vitamin D) Citracal Liquitab (Calcium Citrate) Citracal Petites
Pharma franchise for Iron,Calcium & Vitamin D Pre - Pharma Franchise For Iron, Calcium & Vitamin D Pre Manufacturer from Ambala
Manufacturer of Pharma franchise for Iron,Calcium & Vitamin D Pre - Pharma Franchise For Iron, Calcium & Vitamin D Pre, Elemental Iron Folic Acid And Zinc Tablets, Ferrous Ascorbate and Folic Acid Suspension and Calcium Citrate Malate, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate Tablet offered by Solace Biotech Ltd., Ambala, Haryana.
Calcium Vitamin D3 Softgel China Manufacturers & Suppliers & Factory
Find Calcium Vitamin D3 Softgel Manufacturers & Suppliers from China. We are Professional Manufacturer of Calcium Vitamin D3 Softgel company, Factory & Exporters specialize in Calcium Vitamin D3 Softgel wiht High-Quality.
A 3-month oral vitamin D supplementation marginally improves diastolic blood pressure in Saudi patients with type 2 diabetes...
Dr. Mansour Al Zahrani National Guard Program - Riyadh 2009/2010 The aim of the current study was to determine whether oral cholecalciferol (45000 IU) per week for the 2 months and once on the 3rd month could translate to full vitamin D status correction and improved metabolic profile among patients with suboptimal vitamin D…
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is an essential vitamin supplement which is to improve overall health and preferably to treat osteoporosis. Natural form of Vitamin D 60000 IU (Cholecalciferol Sublingual Granules) Instant melts for rapid recovery. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) supplement, treat osteoporosis, Vit. D3 Online, Natural vitamin D3 formulas, buy Vitamin D3, organic Vitamin D3 Complex, Vitamin D3 nutrient, super Strength Vitamin D3, supplementing with D3, vitamin D3 sachets, Vitamin D3 granules, vitamin D3 stabilized, vitamin D3 (Generic Drug), Vitamin D3 60, 000 IU/1g, Vegan and Vegetarian Vitamin D3 Supplement. Vitamin D supplement manufacturers, Vitamin D supplement suppliers, Vitamin D supplement exporters wholesalers, traders in Chennai, India. ; Get more Updates and offers, Contact, Address, Location, Maps for BioShope;
THU0471 VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION; IS IT EFFECTIVE IN FIBROMYALGIA PATIENTS? | Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases
Methods: One hundred adult patients of primary FMS (according to the 2010 ACR criteria for FMS) associated with vitamin D insufficiency (21-29 ng/mL) were selected to participate in this study. Patients with secondary FMS were excluded; also we excluded patients with any psychiatric disorders and patients who had other chronic diseases interfering with calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D metabolism. After written consent; the patients were randomly divided into 2 equal groups; group I received duloxetine (60 mg once daily for 6 months) plus 50,000 unit oral cholecalciferol weekly for 8 weeks then monthly for 16 weeks. Group II received duloxetine (60 mg once daily for 6 months) plus placebo. The patients were assessed at baseline and after 6 months of treatment by measuring serum levels of 25(OH)D, Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQ), Medical Outcomes Study Questionnaire Short Form 36 Health Survey (SF-36) & Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS). ...
Determination of Vitamin D and Previtamin D in Food Products
This application note demonstrates the determination of total vitamin D by individually measuring the vitamin D and previtamin D in food products.
Alendronate And Cholecalciferol (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic
It is important that you tell all of your health care providers that you are taking alendronate and cholecalciferol combination. If you are having a dental procedure while taking this medicine, you may have an increased chance of having a severe problem with your jaw. Make sure you tell your doctor about any new medical problems, especially with your teeth or jaws. Tell your doctor if you have severe bone, joint, or muscle pain while using this medicine. This medicine could lower the amount of calcium in your blood. Call your doctor right away if you develop any signs of low calcium levels, such as muscle spasms or twitching, or numbness or tingling in your fingers, toes, or lips. This medicine may increase your risk of developing fractures of the thigh bone. This may be more common if you use it for a long time. Check with your doctor right away if you have a dull or aching pain in the thighs, groin, or hips. Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This ...
Cholecalciferol and Calcium Carbonate in Treating Patients With Colon Cancer That Has Been Removed by Surgery
RATIONALE: The use of cholecalciferol and calcium carbonate may keep colon cancer from coming back in patients with colon cancer that has been removed b
Pure Nutrition Bio D3 Cholecalciferol Granules, 12 sachets/pack Vanilla online in India | HealthKart.com
Buy Pure Nutrition Bio D3 Cholecalciferol Granules, 12 sachets/pack Vanilla Online in India at HealthKart.com. Shop branded Energy Drinks / Powders products online @ best prices in India. Free shipping & COD available.
Patient Information FOSAMAX PLUS D (FOSS-ah-max PLUS D) (alendronate sodium/cholecalciferol) Tablets - PDF
Patient Information FOSAMAX PLUS D (FOSS-ah-max PLUS D) (alendronate sodium/cholecalciferol) Tablets Read the patient information before you start taking FOSAMAX PLUS D 1. Also, read the leaflet each time
Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate with Calcium & Vitamin D3, 7.94 oz, Life Extension | VitaSprings.com
Buy Discount Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate with Calcium & Vitamin D3, 7.94 oz, Life Extension at VitaSprings. Find more product information on Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate with Calcium & Vitamin D3 and shop online.
GLUT 4 in Adipose Tissue
The decreasing of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT 4) in adipose tissue of diabetic and obesity patients are associated with hyperinsulinaemia and insulin resistance. The adipose tissue can be used as therapeutic targets in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus (DM). Visceral adipose tissue has different morphology and functional with subcutaneous adipose tissue and Vitamin D has been known to have contributed in DM. The aim of this study is to know the role of cholecalciferol on the expression of GLUT 4 in subcutaneous and visceral adiposity of diabetic rats by elucidated in those tissues. The subjects of the study consisted of nineteen male diabetic rats of Wistar strain, which were divided into control group (K) and three (3) treatment groups (X1, X2 and X3). In order to induce the condition of DM, the animals were fed with high fat diet for three (3) weeks and administered a single intraperitoneal injection of streptozotocin (35 mg/kgBW) at the end of the second week. Cholecalciferol were administered with
Ret-3D™ Soft Gelatin Capsules - Entod Pharma
For several years Cholecalciferol has been available from several pharmaceutical and nutraceutical companies worldwide. However its industrial scale production for use in vitamin supplements has been largely unchanged. Cholecalciferol is generally produced by the ultraviolet irradiation of 7-dehydrocholesterol extracted from lanolin found in sheeps wool. However this process leaves behind some unwanted isomers are formed during irradiation which can affect physical stability and alter potency.. Entod International however, have developed and designed an innovative technique to produce Vitamin D3 at its state-of-the-art plant in Europe which results in the production of the purest and most physically stable form of cholecalciferol. This novel form contains no isomers and therefore maintains its potency throughout the shelf-life of the product.. ...
High-dose vitamin D counteracts sunburn damage | Research briefing | Pharmaceutical Journal
A double-blinded, placebo-controlled interventional trial reveals high-dose vitamin D3 as a potent modulator of experimental sunburn induced by simulated solar radiation.
Myosin | Cathepsin B Inhibitor, z-FA-FMK Induces IκBα Degradation
Feminine and Man C57Bl6 mice were fed a control AIN76A diet plan, a fresh Western-style diet plan (NWD1) reflecting diet patterns associated with elevated cancer of the colon incidence (higher body fat, lower cholecalciferol, calcium mineral, methyl donors, fiber), or NWD1 with elevated cholecalciferol and calcium mineral (NWD2) from weaning. and improved serum concentrations from the proinflammatory cytokine IL-1, and of its focuses on, MCP-1 and Rantes, that have been prevented or mitigated in the NWD2 group greatly. However, there is also raised lipid storage space in the liver organ and steatosis not really observed in the control and NWD1 organizations. Thus, elevating calcium mineral and cholecalciferol inside a Western-style diet plan can decrease swelling connected with risk for digestive CGP 60536 tract tumor advancement, but discussion of nutrition in the dietary plan can compromise liver organ function when given long term. Intro Newmark, Lipkin, and co-workers (1C4) designed ...
Long-term follow-up of the changes in serum 25-hydroxivitamin D to oral treatment with vitamin D3 in patients with...
The oral dosing with cholecalciferol needed to achieve and maintain optimal serum concentration 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25OHD) is still controversial.. This study reports on the efficacy of supplementation with oral vitamin D3 1000 U/day for 3 18 months on serum 25OHD levels in 87 ambulatory patients with postmenopausal osteoporosis (mean age 63.5 years). Serum 25OHD, parathyroid hormone (PTH), calcium (serum, urine), phosphate, alkaline phosphatase and creatinine were measured before and after 3 mo (54 pts), 6 mo (27 pts), 9 mo (15 pts), 12 mo (25 pts), 18 mo (5 pts) of oral vitamin D supplementation.. At baseline, using a cut-off point of sufficiency of 30 ng/ml, 10.34% of patients were deficient (mean=7.77 ng/ml), 82.76% were insufficient (mean=16.19 ng/ml) and 6.9% were sufficient (mean=35.86 ng/ml).. After 3 months of supplementation none of the patients was deficient, 64.81% were insufficient (mean=22.91 ng/ml) and 35.19% were sufficient (mean=36.79 ng/ml). The increment in serum 25OHD was ...
Vitamin D3, 1000 IU, 180 tablets (Natural Factors) | Gaudaur Natural Foods - Vitamins & Supplements
Vitamin D is called the sunshine vitamin because we can usually get it from the suns ultraviolet rays. It supports bone development and is needed for calcium and vitamin C absorption, and it supports the nervous system. Vitamin D plays a dual role as both a vitamin and a hormone that stimulates the body to absorb calcium. 180 tablets. 1000 IU Cholecalciferol (1000 IU) in a tablet. 1 tablet daily or as directed.
What Are Health Benefits of High-Dose Vitamin D3? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Vitamin D3, or cholecalciferol, is one form of vitamin D that is usable by the human body, found in fish, eggs, fortified milk, cod liver oil and other...
Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels in Patients with Vulvar Cancer | Anticancer Research
Squamous cell carcinoma of the vulvar is a rare disease with an annual incidence of 1.5-4 per 100,000 women in Germany (1). Vulvar cancer accounts for 3% to 5% of all genital carcinomas affecting women following endometrial, ovarian and cervical cancer (2). Since 1970 the incidence of carcinoma in situ, attributed to VIN III, has nearly doubled (3-5), while invasive carcinoma has shown a tendency to increase over the last few years (6, 7).. Vitamin D is a liposoluble vitamin, like vitamins A, E and K. It is obtained from food such as fish, liver, milk and eggs or is endogenically synthesized from cholesterol (8-10). The synthesis starts in the liver. Cholesterol is dehydrogenated to 7-dehydrocholecholesterol (7-DHC) (11) and bonded to vitamin-D-binding-protein (DBP) it is transported via blood circulation to the skin. Here cholecalciferol is synthesized by light in the 290-315 nm UV-B range (16), and then binds to DBP and circulates back to the liver. The cholecalciferol hydroxylated to ...
25-Hydroxyvitamin D2 and D3, Serum - Mayo Medical Laboratories | Pediatric Catalog
25-Hydroxyvitamin D2 and D3 (25-OH-VitD) are steroid hormones that require 1-alpha-hydroxylation before expressing biological activity. Vitamin D compounds are derived from dietary ergocalciferol (from plants, VitD2) or cholecalciferol (from animals, VitD3), or by conversion of 7-dihydrocholesterol to VitD3 in the skin upon ultraviolet exposure. VitD2 and VitD3 are subsequently 25-hydroxylated in the liver to 25-OH-VitD. 25-OH-VitD represents the main body reservoir and transport form of vitamin D, being stored in adipose tissue and tightly bound by a transport protein while in circulation. A fraction of circulating 25-OH-VitD is converted to its active metabolites 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D2 and D3 (1,25-OH-VitD), mainly by the kidneys. This process is regulated by parathyroid hormone (PTH), which increases 1,25-OH-VitD synthesis at the expense of the alternative, biologically inactive hydroxylation product 24,25-OH-VitD. Like other steroid hormones, 1,25-OH-VitD binds to a nuclear receptor, ...
Calcium + Vitamin D3 in Malayalam ഉപയോഗങ്ങൾ, ഡോസേജ്, പാർശ്വഫലങ്ങൾ, പ്രയോജനങ്ങൾ, പ്രതിപ്രവർത്തനങ്ങൾ, മുന്നറിയിപ്പ് - Calcium ...
Calcium + Vitamin D3 in Malayalam - ന്റെ ഉപയോഗങ്ങൾ, ഡോസേജ്, പാർശ്വഫലങ്ങൾ, പ്രയോജനങ്ങൾ, പ്രതിപ്രവർത്തനങ്ങൾ, മുന്നറിയിപ്പ് എന്നിവ കണ്ടെത്തുക
Alendronate/cholecalciferol (By mouth)
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, heartburn, anemia, blood clotting problems, ulcers or other stomach or bowel problems, sarcoidosis, a vitamin D deficiency, or a history of leukemia, lymphoma, or other cancer. Tell your doctor if you have dental problems or if you wear dentures. Also tell your doctor if you smoke or drink alcohol ...
Briozcal (Calcium (Calcium Carbonate); Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)) Bridge Healthcare
Briozcal information about active ingredients, pharmaceutical forms and doses by Bridge Healthcare, Briozcal indications, usages and related health products lists
Know Guff • The 3D Medicine Blog: Vitamin D2 vs D3: Which is Better?
Vitamin D refers to two biologically inactive precursors: D3 (cholecalciferol) and D2 (ergocalciferol). Both precursors are transformed in the liver and kidneys into 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D, the non-active storage form, and the compound measured to assess vitamin D status). 25(OH)D is further converted to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25(OH)2D, the biologically active form) in a process thats tightly controlled by the body ...
Alendronate; Cholecalciferol tablets
Visite a su médico o a su profesional de la salud para chequeos periódicos. Puede ser necesario que transcurra cierto tiempo antes de que pueda observar los beneficios de este medicamento. No deje de tomar su medicamento excepto si así lo indica su médico. Su médico o su profesional de la salud puede pedirle análisis de sangre u otros exámenes para chequear su evolución.. Asegurarse de que su dieta incluya la cantidad necesaria de calcio y vitamina D mientras esté tomando este medicamento. Hable con su profesional de la salud acerca de sus alimentos y las vitaminas que esté tomando.. Si tiene dolor al tragar, dificultad para tragar, acidez de estómago o dolor estomacal, comuníquese con su médico o su profesional de la salud inmediatamente.. Si está tomando un antiácido, suplemento mineral como calcio o hierro, o una vitamina con minerales espere por lo menos 30 minutos después de tomar este medicamento para tomarlos. No los tome a la misma vez.. Este medicamento puede aumentar la ...
Elsevier: Côté: Clinical Veterinary Advisor, 3rd Edition · Cholecalciferol Toxicosis
March 2012 - Dan T
Vitamin D. Vitamin D molecule (http://www.vitaguide.org) Vitamin D: Steroid hormone vitamin; Five forms of vitamin D discovered - D1-5. Two forms matter most to humans: Vitamins D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3(cholecalciferol). The active form of vitamin D in the body is called Calcitriol (1,25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol). Calcitriol: promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus from food in the […]. ...
The John P. Health Challenge Starts May 1, 2011! Prizes and Glory Await You!!!
Im in, John. Going for a bit of weight loss but really just overall fitness. You say you want to cut 50% of your calories. Im curious what kinda calorie intake you have overall.. I think it would be nice to include daily vitamins along with 5000 IU daily Vitamin D3(cholecalciferol) to the list. Coming out of the winter were all really low on D3 and Ive seen how much sun you get (or dont get). You should go get blood work done before and after the workout to really show you how much your diet changes your body. Its not very expensive. Its not just the outward appearance thats important. Here are links for good vitamins. 5000 IU Vitamin D3 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Vitamin-5000-Softgels/dp/B0032BH76O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303745247&sr=8-1. GNC Mega Men Sport: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033435. ...
Vitamin D3 5000iu | Amrita Nutrition
Vitamin D3 5000 IU by Seeking Health is a pure and potent vitamin D3 supplement in a vegetarian capsule that provides 5000 IU of cholecalciferol. Many people do not get sufficient vitamin D3 in their diet, and the synthetic vitamin D2 that is often added
Vitamin D Evidence - Mayo Clinic
Vitamin D is included in most multivitamins, usually in strengths from 50-100 international units (IU). It can be found as softgels, capsules, tablets, and liquids. The new 2010 recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 600 IU for those 1-70 years of age and pregnant or breastfeeding women, and 800 IU for those over 71 years of age. An adequate blood level of vitamin D is 20 nanograms per milliliter, which can be achieved through daily skin exposure to sunlight. Levels over 50 nanograms per milliliter may cause side effects.. For osteomalacia caused by anti-seizure drugs, 2,000 IU of vitamin D2 and 390 milligrams of calcium lactate have been taken by mouth daily for three months.. For atopic eczema, 1,600 IU of cholecalciferol has been taken by mouth alone or with 600 IU man-made all-rac-alpha-tocopherol, daily for 60 days.. For autoimmune diseases, 0.25-2 micrograms of alfacalcidol has been taken by mouth 1-2 times daily and 0.5 micrograms of 1-alfa-OH D3 has been taken by mouth daily for up to 12 ...
The VDR gene (contained in every cell of the body) provides instructions for making a protein called vitamin D receptor (VDR), which allows the body to respond appropriately to vitamin D. This vitamin can be acquired from foods in the diet or made in the body by exposure to from sunlight. Vitamin D is involved in maintaining the proper balance of several minerals in the body, including calcium and phosphate, which are essential for the normal formation of bones and teeth. One of vitamin Ds major roles is to control the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the intestines into the bloodstream. Vitamin D is also involved in several process unrelated to bone formation.. VDR attaches (binds) to the active form of vitamin D, known as calcitriol. Calcitrol is produced in the body from Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in the liver and kidneys. The interaction with calcitriol allows VDR to partner with another protein called retinoid X receptor (RXR). The resulting complex of proteins then binds to ...
... is one of the five forms of vitamin D. Cholecalciferol is a secosteroid, that is, a steroid molecule with ... pre-cholecalciferol). In a process which is independent of UV light, the pre-cholecalciferol then undergoes a [1,7] ... Cholecalciferol, also known as vitamin D3 and colecalciferol, is a type of vitamin D which is made by the skin, found in some ... "cholecalciferol" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary. *^ "About Vitamin D". University of California, Riverside. November 2011. ...
"Cholecalciferol". Drug Information Portal. U.S. National Library of Medicine.. *. "Vitamin D4". Drug Information Portal. U.S. ... Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) share a similar mechanism of action as outlined above. ... Second, previtamin D3 spontaneously isomerizes to vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in an antarafacial sigmatropic [1,7] hydride ... The two major forms are vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol, and vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol. Vitamin D without a subscript refers ...
Ergocalciferol and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D). *Tocopherol (Vitamin E). *Naphthoquinone (Vitamin K). *Calcium ...
Naturally occurring phenols
In soils, it is assumed that larger amounts of phenols are released from decomposing plant litter rather than from throughfall in any natural plant community. Decomposition of dead plant material causes complex organic compounds to be slowly oxidized lignin-like humus or to break down into simpler forms (sugars and amino sugars, aliphatic and phenolic organic acids), which are further transformed into microbial biomass (microbial humus) or are reorganized, and further oxidized, into humic assemblages (fulvic and humic acids), which bind to clay minerals and metal hydroxides. There has been a long debate about the ability of plants to uptake humic substances from their root systems and to metabolize them. There is now a consensus about how humus plays a hormonal role rather than simply a nutritional role in plant physiology. In the soil, soluble phenols face four different fates. They might be degraded and mineralized as a carbon ...
Cholecalciferol#. *25-hydroxycholecalciferol. *Calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol). *Calcitroic acid. *D4 * ...
The first use of rubber was by the indigenous cultures of Mesoamerica. The earliest archeological evidence of the use of natural latex from the Hevea tree comes from the Olmec culture, in which rubber was first used for making balls for the Mesoamerican ballgame. Rubber was later used by the Maya and Aztec cultures - in addition to making balls Aztecs used rubber for other purposes such as making containers and to make textiles waterproof by impregnating them with the latex sap. The Pará rubber tree is indigenous to South America. Charles Marie de La Condamine is credited with introducing samples of rubber to the Académie Royale des Sciences of France in 1736. In 1751, he presented a paper by François Fresneau to the Académie (published in 1755) that described many of rubber's properties. This has been referred to as the first scientific paper on rubber. In England, Joseph Priestley, in 1770, observed that a piece of the material was extremely good for rubbing off pencil marks on ...
Vitamin D toxicity
0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control.' Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ... Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... Cholecalciferol is an acute (single-feeding) and/or chronic (multiple-feeding) rodenticide toxicant with unique activity for ... Rizor, Suzanne E.; Arjo, Wendy M.; Bulkin, Stephan; Nolte, Dale L. Efficacy of Cholecalciferol Baits for Pocket Gopher Control ...
Cholecalciferol is also a highly toxic agent. The anticoagulants, indandiones and red squill, are less hazardous to humans and ...
... cholecalciferol); and adipose tissue (leptin and resistin). Endocrine glands derive from all three germ layers.[citation needed ...
Vitamin D deficiency
van Groningen L, Opdenoordt S, van Sorge A, Telting D, Giesen A, de Boer H (April 2010). "Cholecalciferol loading dose ...
پلیفنل - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
True polyphenols from the tannin and other WBSSH types are routinely biosynthesized in the natural sources from which they derive; their 'chemical' syntheses (using standard "bench" organic chemical methods) were somewhat limited until the first decade of the new millennium because these syntheses involve challenging regioselectivity and stereoselectivity issues. Early work focused on the achiral synthesis of phenolic-related components of polyphenols in the late 70's, and the Nelson and Meyers synthesis of the permethyled derivative of the ubiquitous diphenic acid core of ellagitannins in 1994 followed by stereoselective synthesis of more complex permethylated structures such as a (+)-tellimagrandin II derivative by Lipshutz and coworkers in the same year, and Itoh and coworker's synthesis of a permethylated pedunculagin with particular attention to axial symmetry issues in 1996. The total synthesis of a fully unmasked polyphenol, that of the ellagitannin tellimagrandin I, ...
"Calcium; Cholecalciferol - Drug Usage Statistics". ClinCalc. Retrieved 11 April 2020. Reid IR, Bristow SM, Bolland MJ (2015). " ... Versions are also sold together with vitamin D. The combination, calcium/cholecalciferol was the 236th most commonly prescribed ...
0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control.' Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ... Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... Cholecalciferol is an acute (single-feeding) and/or chronic (multiple-feeding) rodenticide toxicant with unique activity for ... Cholecalciferol produces hypercalcemia, which results in systemic calcification of soft tissue, leading to kidney failure, ...
Sex hormone-binding globulin
Cholecalciferol. Steroidal. ,0.01. ,0.2. ,0.1. ,0.1 Cimetidine. Nonsteroidal. ,0.01. ,0.2. ,0.1. ,0.1 ...
Median lethal dose
"MSDS for cholecalciferol crystalline" (PDF). hmdb.ca. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-12-26. Retrieved 2016-12-26. " ...
Vegetarian and vegan dog diet
Cholecalciferol in vegan dog food can be synthetic or naturally derived from lichen, a non-animal source of D3. Vitamin B12 is ... Cholecalciferol is then converted to calcidiol in the liver before further hydroxylated to calcitriol, the active form of ... However, the conversion of provitamin D to cholecalciferol is significantly lower in dogs than other mammals, and is not ... In the diet, there are two forms of vitamin D - cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) from mainly animal sources, and ergocalciferol ( ...
Morris, J. G. (August 2002). "Cats discriminate between cholecalciferol and ergocalciferol*". Journal of Animal Physiology and ...
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the preferred form since it is more readily absorbed than vitamin D2. Most dermatologists ...
Median lethal dose
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) rat, oral 37 mg/kg 0.037 . Piperidine (from black pepper) rat, oral 30 mg/kg 0.030 . ...
... also known as cholecalciferol) and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). Cholecalciferol and ergocalciferol can be ingested from the ... The two major forms are vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol, and vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol; vitamin D without a subscript refers ... Second, previtamin D3 spontaneously isomerizes to vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in an antarafacial sigmatropic [1,7] hydride ... Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is produced industrially by exposing 7-dehydrocholesterol to UVB light, followed by purification.[ ...
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is typically absorbed more readily than vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). Osteomalacia due to ...
... (D2) and cholecalciferol (D3) are considered to be equivalent for vitamin D production, as both forms appear to ... Like cholecalciferol, Ergocalciferol is inactive by itself. It requires two hydroxylations to become active: the first in the ... Unlike cholecalciferol, 25-hydroxylation is not performed by CYP27A1 for ergocalciferol. Ergocalciferol and metabolites have ... Ergocalciferol may be used as a vitamin D supplement, whereas cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) is produced naturally by the skin ...
The prototypical secosteroid is cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). Some nonsteroidal estrogens, like doisynolic acid and allenolic ...
Vitamin D toxicity
0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control.' Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ... Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... Cholecalciferol is an acute (single-feeding) and/or chronic (multiple-feeding) rodenticide toxicant with unique activity for ... CHOLECALCIFEROL: A UNIQUE TOXICANT FOR RODENT CONTROL. Proceedings of the Eleventh Vertebrate Pest Conference (1984). ...
1080 usage in New Zealand
Cholecalciferol is more expensive to produce than 1080. Some promising results have been obtained by combining cholecalciferol ... Cholecalciferol naturally occurs as vitamin D3 in many foods, including fish. It was developed as a poison to control rats and ... Cholecalciferol will reduce populations of possums and rats, but not stoats, since it does not bioaccumulate in animals. It ... Cholecalciferol is very inhumane. Para-aminopropiophenone (PAPP) was developed to control stoats, weasels, and feral cats, and ...
"Cefoxitin and cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc chelazome Drug Interactions". Drugs.com. Retrieved 2017-05-29. "Efficacy and ...
Endocrine bone disease
... synthesized endogenously in the liver in form of Cholecalciferol. The endogenous inactive form of Vitamin D is Cholecalciferol ...
... may have advantages over cholecalciferol for the correction of vitamin D deficiency states. A review of the results ... The name 25(OH)D refers to any combination of calcifediol (25-hydroxy-cholecalciferol), derived from vitamin D3, and ... Studies are ongoing comparing the effects of calcifediol with other forms of vitamin D including cholecalciferol in prevention ... The enzyme responsible for this synthesis, cholecalciferol 25-hydroxylase, was isolated in the same laboratory by Michael F. ...
Cholecalciferol - Wikipedia
Cholecalciferol is one of the five forms of vitamin D. Cholecalciferol is a secosteroid, that is, a steroid molecule with ... 0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control. Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ... We investigated the effect of oral high-dose cholecalciferol on plasma and adipose tissue cholecalciferol and its subsequent ... Cholecalciferol is available as a generic medication and over the counter. Cholecalciferol is also used at much higher doses ...
Cholecalciferol - Wikipedia
Cholecalciferol is one of the five forms of vitamin D. Cholecalciferol is a secosteroid, that is, a steroid molecule with ... pre-cholecalciferol). In a process which is independent of UV light, the pre-cholecalciferol then undergoes a [1,7] ... Cholecalciferol, also known as vitamin D3 and colecalciferol, is a type of vitamin D which is made by the skin, found in some ... "cholecalciferol" at Dorlands Medical Dictionary. *^ "About Vitamin D". University of California, Riverside. November 2011. ...
Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray Information - Drugs.com
Easy to read patient leaflet for Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, ... What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray?. *If you have an allergy to cholecalciferol or ... Vitamin D Insufficiency cholecalciferol, Vitamin D3, Replesta, More.... Prevention of Falls cholecalciferol, Vitamin D3, ... What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray?. *Tell all of your health care ...
Browse Products Containing: CHOLECALCIFEROL || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
Beyond providing Skin Deep® as an educational tool for consumers, EWG offers its EWG VERIFIED™ mark as a quick and easily identifiable way of conveying personal care products that meet EWGs strict health criteria. Before a company can use EWG VERIFIEDTM on such products, the company must show that it fully discloses the products ingredients on their labels or packaging, they do not contain EWG ingredients of concern, and are made with good manufacturing practices, among other criteria. Note that EWG receives licensing fees from all EWG VERIFIED member companies that help to support the important work we do. Learn more , Legal Disclaimer ...
Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets Information - Drugs.com
Easy to read patient leaflet for Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, ... Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets. Generic Name: Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets (kole e kal SI fer ole). Brand Name: D ... Vitamin D Insufficiency cholecalciferol, Vitamin D3, Replesta, More.... Prevention of Falls cholecalciferol, Vitamin D3, ... If you have an allergy to cholecalciferol or any other part of this medicine (cholecalciferol capsules and tablets). ...
What is Cholecalciferol? (with pictures)
Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D thats synthesized by the skin after exposure to sunlight. Its also added to many foods ... Cholecalciferol, also called vitamin D3 or calciol, is a form of vitamin D, and is synthesized by the skin after exposure to ... In the liver, cholecalciferol is metabolized into calcifediol, which is further modified in the kidneys to become calcitriol. ... Both deficiency and excess of cholecalciferol or other forms of vitamin D can cause disease. Deficiency in vitamin D, also ...
Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
... also known as Cholecalciferol, helps absorb calcium which is essential for signaling between brain cells, development of bone, ... Scientific Name: Cholecalciferol. Benefits: Teeth, bones, clotting. Daily Needs (Adult): 15 - 20mcg. Daily Needs (Child): 10 - ... All about Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol). Vitamin D Facts:. Vitamin D helps the body absorb the mineral calcium, which maintains ... Vitamin D, also known as Cholecalciferol, helps absorb calcium which is essential for signaling between brain cells, ...
Cholecalciferol: Pediatric Medication | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Cholecalciferol loading dose guideline for vitamin D-deficient adults. - PubMed - NCBI
Cholecalciferol loading dose guideline for vitamin D-deficient adults.. van Groningen L1, Opdenoordt S, van Sorge A, Telting D ... The cholecalciferol loading dose required to reach the serum 25-OHD(3) target level of 75 nmol/l can be calculated as follows: ... Cholecalciferol in a cumulative dose of 100,000, 150,000, and 200,000 IU increased mean serum 25-OHD(3) level by 29 nmol/l (95 ... To develop a practical cholecalciferol loading dose regimen.. MATERIALS AND METHODS: A total of 208 vitamin D-deficient ...
Alendronate And Cholecalciferol (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic
Information about this alendronate-and-cholecalciferol-oral-route. Pregnancy Category. Explanation. All Trimesters. C. Animal ... Alendronate and cholecalciferol combination is used to treat osteoporosis (thinning of the bone) in women after menopause. This ... It is important that you tell all of your health care providers that you are taking alendronate and cholecalciferol combination ... Use of alendronate and cholecalciferol combination is not indicated in children. Geriatric Appropriate studies performed to ...
Cholecalciferol meets USP testing specifications | Sigma-Aldrich
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): uses & side-effects | PatientsLikeMe
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): uses & side-effects | PatientsLikeMe
... cholecalciferol) at PatientsLikeMe. 1505 patients with fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, major depressive disorder, generalized ... cholecalciferol): Find the most comprehensive real-world treatment information on Vitamin D3 ( ... Showing 3 of 54 patient evaluations for Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) Previous page 1 2 3 … 18 Next page ...
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
Find patient medical information for Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) Oral on WebMD including its uses, side effects and safety, ... cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) 10 mcg/mL (400 unit/mL) oral drops. color. No data.. shape. No data.. imprint. No data.. This ... cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) 10 mcg/mL (400 unit/mL) oral drops. color. No data.. shape. No data.. imprint. No data.. This ... cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) 10 mcg/mL (400 unit/mL) oral drops. color. caramel. shape. No data.. imprint. No data.. This ...
cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)
Cholecalciferol is used as a dietary supplement in people who do not get enough vitamin D in their diets to maintain adequate ... Cholecalciferol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. ... Cholecalciferol is vitamin D3. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium. ... Use only the recommended dose of cholecalciferol.. It may be best to take cholecalciferol after a meal, but you may take this ...
What Are the Benefits of Cholecalciferol? | Livestrong.com
Your body makes cholecalciferol when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays from the sun, according to MayoClinic.com. ... Cholecalciferol, also called vitamin D-3, is a fat-soluble vitamin that is necessary for the maintenance of a healthy body. ... Sources of Cholecalciferol. Cholecalciferol is added to foods such as milk, fortified breakfast cereals, margarine and cod ... Cholecalciferol Deficiency Diseases. Prolonged cholecalciferol deficiency can lead to rickets and osteomalacia. Rickets, a ...
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3): MedlinePlus Drug Information
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3): learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... Before taking cholecalciferol,. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cholecalciferol, any other medications ... Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking a cholecalciferol (vitamin D) supplement. Take cholecalciferol at around the ... Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) is in a class of medications called vitamin D analogs. Cholecalciferol is needed by the body for ...
DailyMed - FOSAMAX PLUS D- alendronate sodium and cholecalciferol tablet
7.4 Drugs that May Impair the Absorption of Cholecalciferol 7.5 Drugs that May Increase the Catabolism of Cholecalciferol 8 USE ... Cholecalciferol No data are available for cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) in animals. However, administration of high doses of ... Cholecalciferol The carcinogenic potential of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) has not been studied in rodents. Calcitriol, the ... alendronate sodium 70 MG / cholecalciferol 5600 UNT Oral Tablet. PSN. 2. 904462. alendronic acid 70 MG / cholecalciferol 5600 ...
Rat Poison (Cholecalciferol) Toxicity in Horses | petMD
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 1000iu - 180 Tablets. Made in Great Britain. 5060705350324 | eBay
Alendronate sodium / cholecalciferol | CADTH.ca
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol
Fosamax Plus D (Alendronate Sodium and Cholecalciferol): Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Interactions, Warning
Alendronate Sodium and Cholecalciferol) may treat, side effects, dosage, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, reviews ... Cholecalciferol. The carcinogenic potential of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) has not been studied in rodents. Calcitriol, the ... Cholecalciferol. No data are available for cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). Administration of high doses (greater than or equal to ... Cholecalciferol is a white, crystalline, odorless powder. Cholecalciferol is practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in ...
Teva-Alendronate/Cholecalciferol - Uses, Side Effects, Interactions - MedBroadcast.com
This is a combination medication that contains alendronate and cholecalciferol. It is used to treat osteoporosis for ... Do not take alendronate - cholecalciferol if you: *are allergic to alendronate, cholecalciferol, or any ingredients of the ... 02403633 Teva-Alendronate/Cholecalciferol (70 mg alendronate, 70 µg cholecalciferol [2800 units vitamin D3]) Tablet. 02403641 ... vitamin D analogues (e.g., alfacalcidol, calcitriol, cholecalciferol) If you are taking any of these medications, speak with ...
Vitamin D Supplementation with Cholecalciferol can Improve Glycemic Control
Vitamin D supplementation with cholecalciferol can help improve glycemic control and lipid profiles in type 2 patients with ... "Cholecalciferol improves glycemic control in type 2 diabetic patients: a 6-month prospective interventional study." ... The 41 patients received cholecalciferol 45,000 units once a week for 8 weeks, then 22,500 units once weekly for 16 weeks. ...
cholecalciferol Archives - Neuroscience News
Vitamine D (Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)) Gamme Nature
iHerb.com - Customer Reviews -Solgar, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), 1000 IU, 180 Tablets
I try to take enough vitamin D(Need to take blood test to test for what is appropriate level for yourself)-much higher than RDA recommended, not enough to depend on the sun, take a supplement, for strong bones and prevention of cancers. Usana supplements have higher levels of vitamin D added to their supplements and good multiple vitamin set with vitamin D as well. I also make sure I take enough omega 3 oils and calcium. In total, my vitamin D is about 3100 IU daily. Research shows a daily oral intake between 1,000 to 4,000 IU of vitamin D (depending upon your baseline vitamin D blood levels) is ideal. Vitamin D toxicity does not occur until blood levels reach 150 ng/ml or more; which would generally take an oral dose of 50,000 IU per day! Vitamin D status can be assessed by a blood test. Be careful about the labs reference ranges, because sometimes they will compare you to the normal population, which is DEFICIENT...you dont want to be "normal" (or deficient in vitamin D). Optimal levels of ...
iHerb.com - Customer Reviews -Solgar, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), 1000 IU, 250 Softgels
The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol (or refer the ... The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol (or refer the ... The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol (or refer the ... natural 400iu on their dot com web site - Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol AND fish liver oil)). This label also notes fish ...
SupplementationTablets1000Ergocalciferol1000iuDietary supplementOsteoporosisAlendronate sodiumIngredientsEquivalent to 2800Dose of cholecalciferolDoses of cholecalciferolBonesHigh-doseTake cholecalciferolGive cholecalciferolStudies cholecalciferolReceive cholecalciferolMedicationAlendronic AcidTabletSupplementsExposed to sunlightSerumRicketsForm of vitaminCapsulesColecalciferolSunlightSupplementPlacebo50,000LiverSide effectsVITAMINS2000SachetMetaboliteAbsorb calciumConcentrationsDosagePoisoningClinicalHealthcareUltravioletForms of vitaminDrugsTreatmentBone formationAbsorption of calcium
- I. To determine the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) response with oral high dose vitamin D3 supplementation (cholecalciferol) in patients with localized, histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the prostate who have not received any treatment for prostate cancer ever and have chosen expectant management. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Randomised double blind controlled trial of 100 000 IU oral vitamin D 3 (cholecalciferol) supplementation or matching placebo every four months over five years. (bmj.com)
- Calcium and cholecalciferol supplementation were investigated in a feeding trial using a crossover design consisting of five periods of 28 days each in summer. (bioone.org)
- This study revealed species-specific differences with reference to calcium and cholecalciferol supplementation. (bioone.org)
- During winter, no effect was seen after oral calcium supplementation, but a significant increase was seen both in mean plasma, total, and ionized calcium concentrations after cholecalciferol supplementation in Asian elephants. (bioone.org)
- In contrast, evidence of subclinical hypocalcemia could be demonstrated neither in summer nor in winter in African elephants, although 28 days of cholecalciferol supplementation during winter reversed the decrease in plasma 1,25(OH) 2 -cholecalciferol and was followed by a significant increase in mean plasma total calcium concentration. (bioone.org)
- A recent review discussed the importance of monitoring vitamin D levels and the effects of supplementation with ergocalciferol and cholecalciferol in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). (aphanet.org)
- Effects of cholecalciferol supplementation and optimized calcium intakes on vitamin D status, muscle strength and bone health: a one-year pilot randomized controlled trial in adults with severe burns. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The aim of this pilot study was to assess effects of a cholecalciferol (VD3) supplementation and an optimized calcium (Ca) regimen on vitamin D (VD) status, bone and muscle health during sequelar stage of burn injury. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Maintenance of wintertime vitamin D status with cholecalciferol supplementation is not associated with alterations in serum cytokine concentrations among apparently healthy younger or older adults. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The aim of this study was to assess the effect of vitamin D supplementation using doses of 5, 10, and 15 μg/d cholecalciferol (D3) compared with placebo on cytokine concentrations throughout winter in apparently healthy younger (aged 20-40 y) and older (aged ≥64 y) adults. (unboundmedicine.com)
- We examined the effect of calcitriol versus cholecalciferol supplementation on vascular endothelial function in patients with CKD. (asnjournals.org)
- Panjiyar R, Dayal D, Attri S, Sachdeva N, Sharma R, Bhalla A. Sustained serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations for one year with cholecalciferol supplementation improves glycaemic control and slows the decline of residual β cell function in children with type 1 diabetes. (termedia.pl)
- We postulate a protective effect on bone structure with cholecalciferol supplementation. (biomedcentral.com)
- In patients with low 25OH-vitamin D levels, we supplemented cholecalciferol and controlled bone turnover markers before and after supplementation. (biomedcentral.com)
- Maternal cholecalciferol supplementation during the first 5 months of breastfeeding potentially benefits infant vitamin D status. (ninfo.org)
- High-Dose Monthly Maternal Cholecalciferol Supplementation during Breastfeeding Affects Maternal and Infant Vitamin D Status at 5 Months Postpartum: A Randomized Controlled Trial. (ninfo.org)
- If you have an allergy to cholecalciferol or any other part of this medicine (cholecalciferol capsules and tablets). (drugs.com)
- You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (cholecalciferol capsules and tablets) while you are pregnant. (drugs.com)
- How is this medicine (Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets) best taken? (drugs.com)
- Check with your pharmacist about how to take this medicine (cholecalciferol capsules and tablets). (drugs.com)
- Be sure you know how to take this medicine (cholecalciferol capsules and tablets). (drugs.com)
- What are some other side effects of Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets? (drugs.com)
- This new statutory formulation will allow the tablets to be packaged them in standard milk bottles that will enable pharmacies and encourage institutional customers that administer Vitamin d 400 iu tablets to store and dispense the medication in traveling a manner consistent with other possible formulations of cholecalciferol. (aktuelle-kamera.org)
- Alendronate and cholecalciferol tablets are available by prescription and are taken weekly. (emedtv.com)
- Calcium/cholecalciferol is a combination of a calcium salt (usually calcium carbonate) and vitamin D 3 (cholecalciferol), available under many brand names and in many forms such as chewable tablets, coated tablets, and effervescent tablets. (ambpharmaceutical.com)
- Also a 2008 study published in Cancer Research has shown the addition of vitamin D3 (along with calcium) to the diet of some mice fed a regimen similar in nutritional content to a new Western diet with 1000 IU cholecalciferol per day prevented colon cancer development. (wikipedia.org)
- There are conflicting reports concerning the relative effectiveness of cholecalciferol (D 3 ) versus ergocalciferol (D 2 ), with some studies suggesting less efficacy of D 2 , and others showing no difference. (wikipedia.org)
- Dietary reference intake values for vitamin D (cholecalciferol and/or ergocalciferol) have been established and recommendations vary depending on the country: In the US: 15 µg/d (600 IU per day) for all individuals (males, females, pregnant/lactating women) between the ages of 1 and 70 years old, inclusive. (wikipedia.org)
- Vitamin D ( ergocalciferol -D2, cholecalciferol -D3, alfacalcidol) is a fat -soluble vitamin that helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorus. (webmd.com)
- Ergocalciferol and cholecalciferol in CKD. (aphanet.org)
- Both the endogenous form of vitamin D (that results from 7-dehydrocholesterol transformation), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), and the plant-derived form, vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), are considered the main forms of vitamin d and are found in various types of food for daily intake [ 9 ]. (pharmacistanswers.com)
- Structurally, ergocalciferol differs from cholecalciferol in that it possesses a double bond between C22 and C23 and has an additional methyl group at C24 [ 9 ]. (pharmacistanswers.com)
- In humans, the most important compounds in this group are vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol) and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol and ergocalciferol can be ingested from the diet and from supplements. (wikipedia.org)
- The two major forms are vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol, and vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol. (wikipedia.org)
- https://www.baldwins.co.uk/solo-vitamin-d3-cholecalciferol-1000iu-60-capsules?___store=default 13882 Solo Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 1000iu 60 Capsules https://www.baldwins.co.uk/media/catalog/product/S/o/Solo-Vitamin-D3.jpg 9.99 9.99 GBP InStock /Supplements & Essences/Vitamins & Minerals/Vitamin D /Brands/Solo Vitamin D is important for good health, growth and strong bones. (baldwins.co.uk)
- Radiance Vitamin D3 - 1000IU biologically active cholecalciferol Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin. (pharmacydirect.co.nz)
-  As a medication, cholecalciferol may be taken as a dietary supplement to prevent or to treat vitamin D deficiency. (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol , also known as vitamin D 3 and colecalciferol , is a type of vitamin D which is made by the skin, found in some foods, and taken as a dietary supplement . (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol can be taken as an oral dietary supplement to prevent vitamin D deficiency or as a medication to treat associated diseases, including rickets. (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol is used as a dietary supplement in people who do not get enough vitamin D in their diets to maintain adequate health. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 3 ) is used as a dietary supplement when the amount of vitamin D in the diet is not enough. (medlineplus.gov)
- Alendronate and cholecalciferol combination is used to treat osteoporosis (thinning of the bone) in women after menopause. (mayoclinic.org)
- Cholecalciferol supplements slow bone loss and reduce fractures in patients with osteoporosis. (livestrong.com)
- Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 3 ) is also used along with calcium to prevent and treat bone diseases such as rickets (softening and weakening of bones in children caused by lack of vitamin D), osteomalacia (softening and weakening of bones in adults caused by lack of vitamin D), and osteoporosis (a condition in which the bones become thin and weak and break easily). (medlineplus.gov)
- Protecting the bones is important for warding off osteoporosis and other issues, and as a result it's a must that women consider adding cholecalciferol to their lives. (thebeautyinsiders.com)
- Alendronate and cholecalciferol is a combination medicine used for treating osteoporosis in men and postmenopausal women. (emedtv.com)
- Concurrently, as one of the most commonly utilized forms of vitamin D, cholecalciferol is also very frequently used as a supplement in individuals to maintain sufficient vitamin d levels in the body or to treat vitamin D deficiency, as well as various medical conditions that can be associated directly or indirectly with vitamin d insufficiency like osteoporosis and chronic kidney disease, among others [ 2 , 3 , 15 ]. (pharmacistanswers.com)
- COLECALCIFEROL es una combinación de dos medicamentos que ayudan a reducir la pérdida de calcio de los huesos y aumentan la producción de hueso sano en pacientes con osteoporosis. (staywellsolutionsonline.com)
- Alendronic Acid + Cholecalciferol is use in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. (watsonshealth.com.ph)
- FOSAMAX PLUS D contains alendronate sodium, a bisphosphonate , and cholecalciferol ( vitamin D 3 ). (rxlist.com)
- Online pharmacies in our program do not offer Alendronate sodium/Cholecalciferol (vitamin d3) 70 mg/5600iu for sale, but you can find the discounted U.S. price below. (pharmacychecker.com)
- Certain forms of cholecalciferol may contain ingredients you should know about, such as peanut or soybean oil, sugar, aspartame (phenylalanine), or certain food dyes. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cholecalciferol, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in cholecalciferol products. (medlineplus.gov)
- The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Cholecalciferol Sachet. (salvavidaspharmaceutical.com)
Equivalent to 28002
- FOSAMAX PLUS D for oral administration contains 91.37 mg of alendronate monosodium salt trihydrate, the molar equivalent of 70 mg of free acid, and 70 or 140 mcg of cholecalciferol, equivalent to 2800 or 5600 international units vitamin D, respectively. (rxlist.com)
- Each white-to-off-white, capsule-shaped tablet debossed with 'A70' on one side and '2800' on the other contains 91.37 mg of alendronate monosodium salt monohydrate, which is the molar equivalent of 70 mg of alendronate, and 70 µg of cholecalciferol equivalent to 2800 IU of vitamin D3. (medbroadcast.com)
Dose of cholecalciferol2
Doses of cholecalciferol2
- Compare the antiproliferative effects of 2 different doses of cholecalciferol (i.e., vitamin D3) in combination with calcium carbonate on the proliferative labeling index in patients with resected colon cancer. (knowcancer.com)
- OBJECTIVE: The objective of the study was to determine the effect of 2 different monthly maternal doses of cholecalciferol on maternal and infant 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] status during the first 5 mo of breastfeeding. (ninfo.org)
- Cholecalciferol is needed by the body for healthy bones, muscles, nerves, and to support the immune system. (medlineplus.gov)
- Cholecalciferol, also called vitamin D3, is a vitamin that is needed for calcium absorption and healthy bones. (medbroadcast.com)
- Cholecalciferol is used to treat or prevent many conditions caused by a lack of vitamin D, especially conditions of the skin or bones. (baldwins.co.uk)
- Plus, we ve added 400 I.U. of natural vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), for strong bones and mood support. (pharmacydirect.co.nz)
- Evidence-based guidelines for rapid correction with high-dose oral cholecalciferol are not yet available. (nih.gov)
- Determine the safety of high-dose cholecalciferol in these patients over 2 years. (knowcancer.com)
- Arm II: Patients receive oral high-dose cholecalciferol once daily and calcium carbonate as in arm I. (knowcancer.com)
- After their 6-month mucosal biopsy, patients in arm I switch to high-dose cholecalciferol as in arm II. (knowcancer.com)
- We previously showed that a single high dose of oral (po) cholecalciferol (D3) sharply increases serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D]. (ovid.com)
- Cholecalciferol in high dose has a marked antidepressant-like effect in the adult female rats with low levels of estrogen. (ninfo.org)
- Treatment with cholecalciferol in high dose (5.0mg/kg/day,s.c.) significantly decreased the immobility time of OVX rats in the FST. (ninfo.org)
- Co-administration of cholecalciferol in high dose with 17β-E2 exerted a markedly synergistic antidepressant-like effect in the OVX rats on the same model of depression-like behavior testing. (ninfo.org)
- Cholecalciferol in high dose (5.0mg/kg/day,s.c.) administered alone or together with 17β-E2 significantly enhanced frequency of grooming for the OVX rats in the OFT. (ninfo.org)
- Moreover, cholecalciferol in high dose administered alone or together with 17β-E2significantly decreased the elevated corticosterone levels in the blood serum of OVX rats following the FST. (ninfo.org)
- These results indicate that Cholecalciferol in high dose has a marked antidepressant-like effect in the adult female rats with low levels of estrogen. (ninfo.org)
- What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray? (drugs.com)
- You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take cholecalciferol sublingual spray with all of your drugs and health problems. (drugs.com)
- What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray? (drugs.com)
- Check with your pharmacist about how to take cholecalciferol sublingual spray. (drugs.com)
- You should not take cholecalciferol if you have had an allergic reaction to vitamin D, or if you have high levels of calcium or vitamin D in your body, or any condition that makes it hard for your body to absorb nutrients from food (malabsorption). (adventisthealthcare.com)
- How should I take cholecalciferol? (adventisthealthcare.com)
- It may be best to take cholecalciferol after a meal, but you may take this medicine with or without food. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Take cholecalciferol at around the same time every day. (medlineplus.gov)
- Take cholecalciferol exactly as directed. (medlineplus.gov)
- Do not give cholecalciferol to a child without medical advice. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- This pilot clinical trial studies cholecalciferol in treating patients with colorectal cancer. (clinicaltrials.gov)
-  Cholecalciferol is available as a generic medication and over the counter . (wikipedia.org)
- This form of vitamin D also is added to many foods as a supplement, and it is prescribed as a medication for people who are unable to maintain adequate levels of vitamin D. While termed a vitamin, cholecalciferol technically is a secosteroid hormone, and it is structurally similar to hormones such as testosterone and cholesterol. (wisegeek.com)
- Cholecalciferol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- This is a combination medication that contains alendronate and cholecalciferol. (medbroadcast.com)
- Alendronic Acid + Cholecalciferol should not be given to those with hypersensitivity to bisphosphonates and vitamin D derivatives. (watsonshealth.com.ph)
- Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 3 ) comes as a capsule, gel capsule, chewable gel (gummy), tablet, and liquid drops to take by mouth. (medlineplus.gov)
- The recommended dose of alendronate - cholecalciferol is one tablet once weekly. (medbroadcast.com)
- Each white-to-almost white, oval tablet debossed with '714' on one side contains 91.35 mg of alendronate monosodium salt trihydrate, which is the molar equivalent of 70 mg of alendronate, and 140 µg of cholecalciferol equivalent to 5600 IU of vitamin D3. (canada.com)
- Each tablet provides vitamin D as easily absorbable D3 cholecalciferol. (health4all.co.uk)
- In humans, with 400 IU daily, there was no effect of cholecalciferol supplements on the risk of colorectal cancer. (wikipedia.org)
- Supplements are not recommended for prevention of cancer as any effects of cholecalciferol are very small. (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol may be only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes dietary changes and taking calcium and vitamin supplements. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking any multivitamins, mineral supplements, or antacids while you are taking cholecalciferol. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- You also can obtain cholecalciferol from fortified foods and vitamin supplements. (livestrong.com)
- If you are unable to eat foods rich in cholecalciferol, obtain the vitamin from supplements. (livestrong.com)
- Consult your doctor before taking over-the-counter cholecalciferol supplements. (livestrong.com)
- Cholecalciferol supplements are available alone and in combination with vitamins, and in combination with medications. (medlineplus.gov)
Exposed to sunlight1
- Each softgel provides 5000IU of the same biologically active form of vitamin D that the body produces when exposed to sunlight - cholecalciferol. (nourishingworld.com)
- Although correlations exist between low levels of blood serum cholecalciferol and higher rates of various cancers, multiple sclerosis, tuberculosis, heart disease, and diabetes, the consensus is that supplementing levels is not beneficial. (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol in a cumulative dose of 100,000, 150,000, and 200,000 IU increased mean serum 25-OHD(3) level by 29 nmol/l (95% confidence interval (CI): 23-35 nmol/l), 43 nmol/l (95% CI: 36-50 nmol/l), and 69 nmol/l (95% CI: 64-75 nmol/l) respectively. (nih.gov)
- The cholecalciferol loading dose required to reach the serum 25-OHD(3) target level of 75 nmol/l can be calculated as follows: dose (IU)=40x(75-serum 25-OHD(3))xbody weight. (nih.gov)
- Following intramuscular cholecalciferol injection, serum 25OHD 3 levels normalised in all participants and remained above 50 nmol/L throughout the study. (mja.com.au)
- The transporting proteins of cholecalciferol and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol in serum of chicks and other species. (portlandpress.com)
- A much less common use of cholecalciferol therapy in rickets utilizes a single large dose and has been called stoss therapy. (wikipedia.org)
- Prolonged cholecalciferol deficiency can lead to rickets and osteomalacia. (livestrong.com)
- Cholecalciferol Sachet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Rickets, Osteomalacia and other conditions. (salvavidaspharmaceutical.com)
Form of vitamin5
- Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D which is naturally synthesized in skin and functions as a pro-hormone, being converted to calcitriol . (wikipedia.org)
- Cholecalciferol, also called vitamin D3 or calciol, is a form of vitamin D , and is synthesized by the skin after exposure to sunlight. (wisegeek.com)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the same form of vitamin D that the body manufactures when skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. (fnac.com.br)
- plant-based liquid formula is in the natural form of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) and is better absorbed and utilized by the body. (pharmacydirect.co.nz)
- These great-tasting vitamins are made from cholecalciferol, the natural form of vitamin D, preferred for optimal absorption. (pharmacydirect.co.nz)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 600 IU (15 mcg) Vegetable Capsules is a premium formula delivering vitamin D in the form that is easiest to use by the body - D3. (solgar.co.uk)
- Cholecalciferol is a substance that is produced by the skin that results from the conversion of 7-dehydrocholesterol to split (seco) sterol previt D3 and subsequently colecalciferol (vit D3) through ultraviolet light. (watsonshealth.com.ph)
- You also can obtain the body's requirement for cholecalciferol from sunlight exposure for 15 minutes three times a week, according to MedlinePlus. (livestrong.com)
- Those who aren't getting enough sunlight or a healthy diet may need to add a cholecalciferol supplement to their life . (thebeautyinsiders.com)
- 71% exclusively breastfeeding at week 20) were randomly assigned to receive either cholecalciferol (50,000 or 100,000 IU) or a placebo monthly from week 4 to week 20 postpartum. (ninfo.org)
- 50 nmol/l), aged 18-88 years, were treated with solubilized cholecalciferol, 50,000 IU/ml. (nih.gov)
- In the liver, cholecalciferol is metabolized into calcifediol, which is further modified in the kidneys to become calcitriol. (wisegeek.com)
- Cholecalciferol is added to foods such as milk, fortified breakfast cereals, margarine and cod liver oil. (livestrong.com)
- Characteristics of the rat liver microsomal enzyme system converting cholecalciferol into 25-hydroxycholecalciferol. (portlandpress.com)
- Cholecalciferol is rapidly absorbed from the GI tract and transported to the liver by vitamin D binding protein. (vetstream.com)
- The first hydroxylation of vitamin D3 cholecalciferol (or D2) occurs in the liver to yield 25-hydroxyvitamin D while the second hydroxylation happens in the kidneys to give 1, 25-dihydroxyv. (pharmacistanswers.com)
- There exists a period of 10 to 24 hours between the administration of cholecalciferol and the initiation of its action in the body due to the necessity of synthesis of the active vitamin D metabolites in the liver and kidneys [ 12 , 13 , 14 ]. (pharmacistanswers.com)
- When there is excessive vitamin D (cholecalciferol) in the liver, it sets off the metabolic modifications that mineralize the tissues and organs. (doghealth.ca)
- What are some other side effects of Cholecalciferol Sublingual Spray? (drugs.com)
- What are the possible side effects of cholecalciferol? (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Cholecalciferol (vitamin D) may cause side effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- As with any medicine, side effects are possible with alendronate and cholecalciferol. (emedtv.com)
- Detailed information related to Cholecalciferol Sachet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below. (salvavidaspharmaceutical.com)
- The consumption of excessive vitamin D from vitamins (calcium, multivitamins) can trigger cholecalciferol poisoning, which produces an imbalance in your canine's electrolyte system by increasing calcium levels (hypercalcemia) and phosphorus levels (hyperphosphatemia). (doghealth.ca)
- Cholecalciferol poisoning from vitamins which contain vitamin D can likewise trigger heart abnormalities, kidney injury, muscle damage, electrolyte imbalance very hypertension, and anxiety of the main nerve system. (doghealth.ca)
- Home Vitamins What Is Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)? (cevital-minerals.com)
- Participants were randomly assigned to oral cholecalciferol (2000 IU daily) or calcitriol (0.5 μ g) daily for 6 months. (asnjournals.org)
- single-blinded), and to cholecalciferol therapy, 2000 vs 800 IU/d (double-blinded). (uzh.ch)
- CONCLUSIONS: Extended PT was successful in reducing falls but not hospital readmissions, whereas cholecalciferol treatment, 2000 IU/d, was successful in reducing hospital readmission but not falls. (uzh.ch)
- Vitamin D metabolite changes following cholecalciferol therapy. (asnjournals.org)
- Vitamin D, also known as Cholecalciferol, helps absorb calcium which is essential for signaling between brain cells, development of bone, and tooth formation. (giantmicrobes.com)
- Regression analyses depicting the relationship between pretreatment FGF23 concentrations and the absolute change in 25(OH)D 3 (A and B), 1 α ,25(OH) 2 D 3 (C and D), and 24,25(OH) 2 D 3 (E and F) following cholecalciferol therapy in the control group (first column) and CKD group (second column). (asnjournals.org)
- The overall appropriate dosage of alendronate - cholecalciferol for you is determined by your doctor and is based on how much vitamin D you require. (medbroadcast.com)
- What is Cholecalciferol Poisoning? (doghealth.ca)
- Simply a percentage of vitamin D produced people can trigger cholecalciferol poisoning in dogs. (doghealth.ca)
- Signs of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) poisoning are typically not seen till roughly 12 to 36 hours after intake. (doghealth.ca)
- Due to the fact that cholecalciferol poisoning can be deadly, instant treatment is needed, and your canine will most most likely be confessed to the health center for IV fluids to flush the toxic substances out of the body. (doghealth.ca)
- Clinical studies of donepezil maleate and cholecalciferol did not either include sufficient numbers of subjects aged 65 and yearning over to determine whether perhaps they respond differently from this younger subjects. (todaysparentusa.com)
- Clinical signs generally become apparent 36-48 hours after ingestion of cholecalciferol. (vetstream.com)
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cholecalciferol? (adventisthealthcare.com)
Forms of vitamin1
- Both deficiency and excess of cholecalciferol or other forms of vitamin D can cause disease. (wisegeek.com)
- Though cholecalciferol and Nestabs one may be regarded as two similar drugs, there invariably are some obvious deterioration and therefore significant differences observed values when these two antituberculous drugs are studied some very closely. (todaysparentusa.com)
- Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to death is delayed, with first dead rodents appearing 3-4 days after treatment. (unl.edu)
- After per oral substitution with cholecalciferol, bone formation as well as bone resorption markers decreased significant. (biomedcentral.com)
Absorption of calcium1
- Cholecalciferol is important for the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the stomach and proper functioning of the minerals. (livestrong.com)