The initial stages of the growth of SEEDS into a SEEDLINGS. The embryonic shoot (plumule) and embryonic PLANT ROOTS (radicle) emerge and grow upwards and downwards respectively. Food reserves for germination come from endosperm tissue within the seed and/or from the seed leaves (COTYLEDON). (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
Allium vegetables and risk of prostate cancer: a population-based study. (1/6)Epidemiologic and laboratory studies suggest that allium vegetables and garlic constituents have antitumor effects. In a population-based, case-control study conducted in Shanghai, China, we investigated the association between intake of allium vegetables, including garlic, scallions, onions, chives, and leeks, and the risk of prostate cancer. We administered in-person interviews and collected information on 122 food items from 238 case subjects with incident, histologically confirmed prostate cancer and from 471 male population control subjects. Men in the highest of three intake categories of total allium vegetables (>10.0 g/day) had a statistically significantly lower risk (odds ratio [OR] = 0.51, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.34 to 0.76; P(trend)<.001) of prostate cancer than those in the lowest category (<2.2 g/day). Similar comparisons between categories showed reductions in risk for men in the highest intake categories for garlic (OR = 0.47, 95% CI = 0.31 to 0.71; P(trend)<.001) and scallions (OR = 0.30, 95% CI = 0.18 to 0.51; P(trend)<.001). The reduced risk of prostate cancer associated with allium vegetables was independent of body size, intake of other foods, and total calorie intake and was more pronounced for men with localized than with advanced prostate cancer. (+info)
Diffusion correlation NMR spectroscopic study of anisotropic diffusion of water in plant tissues. (2/6)The anisotropic diffusion of water in chive (Allium schoenoprasum) tissues has been investigated using two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance methods: diffusion-diffusion correlation spectroscopy and diffusion-relaxation correlation spectroscopy. Corresponding one-dimensional T2 and diffusion measurements confirm independently the results of the two-dimensional investigations. In particular the diffusion-diffusion correlation spectroscopy method proves to be very powerful in resolving the different components of the diffusion tensor at different sites in the sample. (+info)
Activation effects of Allium tuberosum Rottl. on choline acetyltransferase. (3/6)An ethanolic extract of Allium tuberosum Rottl. demonstrated potent choline acetytrasferase (ChAT) activating activity (45%) among 30 screened Korean edible plants. The ChAT activator of A. tuberoum Rottl. was purified and identified as ferulic acid [4-hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamic acid] via silica-gel open-column chromatography, HPLC, EI-MS, and 1H/13C-NMR. The ferulic acid from A. tuberoum Rottl. exhibited ChAT activity in a dose-dependent manner and showed notoxicity in a cell viability assay (MTT assay). We suggest that the ferulic acid from A. tuberoum Rottl. was the strong ChAT activator. (+info)
Diallyl sulfide content and antimicrobial activity against food-borne pathogenic bacteria of chives (Allium schoenoprasum). (4/6)Chives, a member of the Alliaceae family, have been used in food and medicine in Thailand for a long time. Diallyl sulfides (diallyl monosulfide, dially disulfide, diallyl trisulfide, and diallyl tetrasulfide) are believed to be responsible for the antimicrobial activity of plants in this family. In this study, chive oil was examined for its diallyl sulfide content and its antimicrobial activity against some strains of food-borne pathogenic bacteria. Chive oil had a very low concentration of diallyl monosulfide in comparison with the other diallyl sulfides. They inhibited all pathogenic bacteria used in this study with a different degree of inhibition. Chive oil was also shown to be able to inhibit Escherichia coli O157:H7 in a food model. This study is the first report describing not only the diallyl disulfide content of chive oil, but also its antimicrobial activity against food-borne pathogens in both a test tube and food model. (+info)
Phenolic compounds from Allium schoenoprasum, Tragopogon pratensis and Rumex acetosa and their antiproliferative effects. (5/6)(+info)
Inhibitory effect of methyl methanethiosulfinate on beta-glucuronidase activity. (6/6)Minced or cut-up leaves of Chinese chive (Allium tuberosum Rottler) contain thiosulfinates and their disproportionate reaction products. Among these organosulfur compounds, methyl methanethiosulfinate was found to be an uncompetitive inhibitor of beta-glucuronidase. Approximately 80% of the enzyme activity was inhibited by methyl methanethiosulfinate at 50 microM, the IC50 value being comparable to 3.6 microM. (+info)
... also runs a charity organization called Chive Charities, in which they raise awareness and funds for specific ... The Chive gained attention for a series of internet hoaxes that began in 2007 and were reported as true stories by mainstream ... "How The Chive built an empire out of bro-bait". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-05-03. Kafka, Peter. "Meet the Prankster Brothers ... The Chive (styled theCHIVE) is a website owned and operated by Resignation, LLC. Images appearing on thechive.com are selected ...
Garlic chive flower sauce
Wang Zengqi, 文人与食事：多年父子成兄弟, Chive Flowers The condiment is made by fermenting grounded flowers of garlic chives in salt, sesame ... "Garlic Chives, Allium tuberosum". Wisconsin Horticulture. Retrieved 2022-08-24. "Delicious Recipes Using Garlic Chives". The ... recorded garlic chive flower's use to enhance flavors of mutton: "At the start of autumn, the chive flowers begin to become ... Garlic chive flowers in Beijing are grinded and pickled when eaten and somewhat juicy in texture. It is good both as dipping ...
... are susceptible to damage by leek moth larvae, which bore into the leaves or bulbs of the plant. Chives have been ... Romani have used chives in fortune telling. Bunches of dried chives hung around a house were believed to ward off disease and ... Chives are one of the fines herbes of French cuisine, the others being tarragon, chervil and parsley. Chives can be found fresh ... In cold regions, chives die back to the underground bulbs in winter, with the new leaves appearing in early spring. Chives ...
Chives is a member of the onion family grown for its leaves, which are used as a condiment. Chives may also refer to: Chives, ... entertainment website Garlic chives or Chinese chives This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chives ... Look up chives in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. ...
Chives (French pronunciation: [ʃiv]) is a commune in the Charente-Maritime department in southwestern France. Communes of the ... Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chives (Charente-Maritime). v t e (CS1 French-language sources (fr), Articles with short ...
Chive cakes (នំកាឆាយវៃ, num ka'chai) A Cambodian street food snack of Chinese origin. It is made from a mixture of glutinous ... The broth is clear topped with garlic chives and the dumplings are filled with seasoned minced pork and shrimp. Variations are ... Silver needle noodles stir-fried in fish sauce, soy sauce and palm sugar, with garlic, bean sprouts and scallions or chives, ... It features French influences including potatoes and carrots topped off with chives and coriander. It is eaten with bread as ...
Resig, John (16 February 2010). "There's theme parks, and then there's Bon Bon Land". The Chive. Resignation Media, LLC. ... and The Chive. Robb Alvey with the Travel Channel described Hundeprutterutchebane as having the most pure wackiness of any ...
Resig, John (December 15, 2015). "Anna Faith has broadened her horizons". The Chive. Retrieved January 29, 2016. Raugust, Karen ...
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
ISBN 0-8143-2849-0. "Did you catch these 'Deadpool' Easter eggs and references?". the CHIVE. 2016-02-17. Retrieved 2022-09-23 ...
"Musicians who left huge bands right before they got big (9 Photos)". The Chive. Retrieved November 5, 2018. Ernie Ball. "Ernie ...
Olympia gets a pay raise over last 60 years". The Chive. 2016-08-01. Retrieved 2020-12-22. Slotnik, Daniel E. (17 March 2014 ...
John (October 3, 2011). "So you pull up to the drive thru at Bottoms Up Espresso and then Amber". The Chive. Retrieved October ... Vernalis has quickly become a favorite among social media users with their baristas featured regularly on the website The Chive ...
"Office of Fair Trading Press Release". National Ara chive. 21 December 2006. Retrieved 29 February 2020. "Carl Peter BILSON - ...
"Office of Fair Trading Press Release". National Ara chive. 21 December 2006. Retrieved 29 February 2020. Carr, A. M., and T. ...
"Office of Fair Trading Press Release". National Ara chive. 21 December 2006. Retrieved 29 February 2020. "Private schools send ...
Solar Decathlon Europe
"C-Hive ● Gothenburg, Sweden". SDE21. 2020-06-05. Retrieved 2021-01-08. "coLLab ● Stuttgart, Germany". SDE21. 2020-06-05. ... Sweden, Gothenburg, Chalmers University of Technology, C-hive. Germany, Stuttgart, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, ...
List of Bolivian drinks
Somó - Made from maize called "frangollo". Not forgetting Chive (pron. chivay) very popular in Oriente Bolivia - made from ...
... potato and chive, "patatesli"; etc.) to the contemporary (e.g. chocolate and orange zest; walnut and banana with honey; smoked ...
Outline of herbs and spices
Chives - Allium schoenoprasum - the smallest species of the edible onions. A perennial plant, they are native to Europe, Asia ... "Spice Pages: Chive (Allium schoenoprasum)". www.uni-graz.at. Retrieved 2008-03-10. Khana Khazana Homemade Harissa Recipe ...
International availability of McDonald's products
... and a Chive Omelette Roll. Current products have included: Chicken Mcbites, Classic Angus and Aussie BBQ Angus. Every so often ...
... (garlic chives, Oriental garlic, Asian chives, Chinese chives, Chinese leek) is a species of plant native to ... garlic chive fresh kimchi) Buchu-kimchi (garlic chive kimchi) Chueo-tang (loach soup) served with garlic chives Jaecheop-guk ( ... Garlic chives are also one of the main ingredients used with yi mein dishes. Its flowers are fermented to make garlic chive ... Maangchi (26 February 2008). "Asian chives". Retrieved 18 October 2015. "Chinese Chives - Hẹ". Vietnamese Herbs. 2015. ...
Q. Wang (artist)
"Art Chive - Interview of Q. Wang". Andrews, Julia. and Gao Minglu. Fragmented Memory: the Chinese Avant-garde in Exile. ...
List of Allium species
northern plain chive, triangular chive Allium sairamense Regel Allium salinum A.I.Baranov & Skvortsov Allium samothracicum ... Korean aging chive Allium spirophyllum Wendelbo Allium splendens Willd. ex Schult. & Schult.f. - glittering chive Allium ... Chinese Chive, garlic Chive, Oriental garlic Allium tubiflorum Rendle Allium tuchalense F.O.Khass. & Noroozi Allium ... Allium microspathum Ekberg Allium minus (S.O.Yu, S.Lee & W.Lee) H.J.Choi & B.U.Oh - Manchurian aging chive Allium minutiflorum ...
List of Bohol flora and fauna
Chinese chives Lagundî; Vitex negundo laurel - Antidesma bunius; Chinese laurel luy-a - ginger; Zingiber officinale; luya ...
"Instant Potato, Chive and Bacon "Mugga Soup"". Retrieved 12 April 2022. von Bremzen, Anya; Welchman, John (1990). Please to the ... One popular favourite involves a baked potato with cheddar cheese (or sour cream and chives) on top, and in New England " ...
Dallae (Korean wild chives). Dallae is added into the broth of doenjang-jjigae just before bringing to boil. The chives ...
... baby beetroot and chives; spiced aubergine salad; Piedmontese peppers; salade de museau; grilled tuna, red onion and beans; and ...
"Cheese and Chive Scones Recipe - Great British Chefs". "Devon cream teas could get EU protected status". BBC News. 19 May 2010 ...
... is Italian for chives. Cipollina may also refer to: Adriano Cipollina, Belgian soccer player who entered free agency ...
... cabbage and garlic chives are added. The base soup is usually soy sauce with garlic and chili pepper, or miso. Champon noodles ...
Cheddar, chive & ham muffins
... These savoury muffins are great for picnics, casual garden parties ... 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives. 125ml milk. 150ml natural yogurt 1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg ... 2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, mustard powder, Cheddar, ham and chives. ...
Flamingo Cheese-Chive Biscuits Recipe - Food.com
Astray Recipes: Mushroom-chive omelet
Red Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Chives Recipe
Crispix Mix® French Onions 'N Chives
chive blossom - Heavy Table
Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad | Mushroom Recipes
Chives, garlic | All-America Selections
Cheddar Chive Biscuits | Love and Olive Oil
... flaky buttermilk biscuits infused with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh snipped chives, baked until golden brown and then brushed ... Add cheddar and chives and toss until evenly incorporated.. *Drizzle over buttermilk and stir with a fork until evenly ... The fresh chives add a nice pop of flavor to contrast the sharp cheddar cheese. ... Tender, flaky buttermilk biscuits infused with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh snipped chives, baked until golden brown and then ...
Boiled Potatoes with Butter and Chives | America's Test Kitchen Recipe
PRIME PubMed | [Flavonols and flavones of vegetables. VII. Flavonols of leek, chive and garlic (author's transl)]
Flavonols of leek, chive and garlic (authors transl)]. Download Prime PubMed App to iPhone, iPad, or Android ... and tri-glycosides in chive. In leek glucose is dominant as sugar component compared to xylose; in chive we found glucose and ... and tri-glycosides in chive. In leek glucose is dominant as sugar component compared to xylose; in chive we found glucose and ... Flavonols of leek, chive and garlic (authors transl)]. Zeitschrift Fur Lebensmittel-Untersuchung Und -Forschung, 161(1), 25-30 ...
Smoked Cheddar and Chive Mashed Potatoes - My Frugal Adventures
KERSHAW CHIVE 1600 KEN ONION TUNGSTEN ASSISTED BLACK PLAIN BLADE - EKnives LLC
Decrease Quantity of KERSHAW CHIVE 1600 KEN ONION TUNGSTEN ASSISTED BLACK PLAIN BLADE - Increase Quantity of KERSHAW CHIVE 1600 ... The Chive series is definitely the smallest of the Ken Onion family but rest assured big things always come in small packages! ... KERSHAW CHIVE 1600 KEN ONION TUNGSTEN ASSISTED BLACK PLAIN BLADE. Kershaw Out Of Stock. ... KERSHAW CHIVE 1600 KEN ONION TUNGSTEN ASSISTED BLACK PLAIN BLADE. Kershaw Out Of Stock. ...
Dyad | - Chive US
Herb - Chives Organic Terhune's own - Terhune Orchards
Cheddar and Chive Biscuits and Gravy | RecipeLion.com
... then you need to try these Cheddar and Chive Biscuits and Gravy. Theyre light, fluffy, and covered in an amazing sausage gravy ... The Cheddar and chive add a great twist to the classic recipe. This breakfast idea recipe also has tips and tricks for baking ... I am not really a fan of chives and not sure if I would like my biscuits to have an oniony taste. I am wondering how ... If youre a fan of biscuits and gravy, then you need to try these Cheddar and Chive Biscuits and Gravy. Theyre light, fluffy, ...
Devilled Eggs with Chives | Foodland
Vegan restaurant Chive Kitchen pivots to carryout due to the coronavirus - possibly forever | Food News | Detroit | Detroit...
Farmingtons Chive Kitchen, one of metro Detroits most beloved vegan spots, has been forced to adapt due to the economic toll ... Chive Kitchen is located at 33043 Grand River Ave., Farmington; 248-516-7144; chivekitchen.com/preparedveganmeals.. So many ... Vegan restaurant Chive Kitchen pivots to carryout due to the coronavirus - possibly forever By Lee DeVito on Sat, May 2, 2020 ... For now, "Chive En Casa" orders can be placed by phone or online 24 hours in advance, and picked up from a shelf at a ...
48 Wild Chives Ct Durango CO Real Estate
48 Wild Chives Ct. (Lot 103) is one of 20 new single family build sites at Twin Buttes. The Wild Chives neighborhood is ... 48 Wild Chives Ct Durango CO Real Estate. 48 Wild Chives Ct. (Lot 103) is one of 20 new single family build sites at Twin ... The Wild Chives neighborhood is currently under construction with completion projected to be in July of this year and the ... It is anticipated that the Wild Chives neighborhood (20 single family lots) will be the only offering within the Twin Buttes ...
How to Harvest Chives: Expert Gardening Tips To Cut and Store the Herb
Chives coin (XCC) Price, Charts, and News | Coinbase: xcc, xcc coin, chives coin
Chives Coin is 60.19% below the all time high of $0.0020. The current circulating supply is 0 XCC. Discover new ... The current price of Chives Coin is $0.000795 per (XCC / USD). ... What Is Chives (XCC)?. Chives (XCC) is an eco-friendly ... What is the current price of Chives Coin?. We update our Chives Coin to USD currency in real-time. Get the live price of Chives ... History of Chives (XCC). The release date of Chives was June 30, 2021. On July 5, 2021, a binary file for mining was released. ...
Creamy Red Potato Salad with Radishes, Capers and Chives | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe Community!
Creamy Red Potato Salad with Radishes, Capers and Chives. by Phoebe Lapine on July 1, 2016 in Potato Salads, Salads July 1, ... Stir in radishes, mayonnaise, mustard, capers, chives, and tarragon (if using). Taste for seasoning and add more salt as ... Packed with Dijon mustard, capers, chives, hard boiled eggs and (the secret ingredient!) radishes, its creamy while still ...
Gallery | Chives Innovative Catering
wooden texture may used as background | Chive Blossomcom
chives Archives - Toby's Family Foods
Chives - Dickinson College Organic Farm
To make chive blossom butter, you will need ½ cup salted butter, softened, ¼ cup chopped chive blossoms and chives, and salt. ... To harvest chives, cut the leaves about 2-4 inches from the soil. You can harvest chives 3-4 times their first year, and ... Another fun way to use chives is by making chive blossom butter which can be used on bread or as part of a charcuterie board. ... Clean and dry the chives and blossoms, and then chop them finely with scissors. Next, mix the chives into the butter and add ...
Idahoan Foods Idahoan Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Potatoes 12/4 Oz. | Round Eye Supply
Kismet Pearlie ~ KP87 Chive| Recycled Glass Tile | WitsEnd Mosaic
Organic Valley® Feta & Chives Egg Bites, 4 oz - Gerbes Super Markets
Chives Egg Bites (4 oz) at Gerbes Super Markets. Find quality snacks products to add to your Shopping List or order online for ... Organic Valley Feta and Chives Organic Egg Bites are a breakfast snack that mixes fluffy non GMO eggs with the delicate flavor ... Offers the delicious taste of organic free range eggs combined with chives and feta cheese ... One pack of two Organic Valley Feta and Chives Organic Egg Bites ... Organic Valley® Feta & Chives Egg Bites. 4.81(. 335. )View All ...
- 9. De Novo Assembly and Annotation of the Chinese Chive (Allium tuberosum Rottler ex Spr. (nih.gov)
- To make 3 to 4 small servings, all you need are 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, your favourite cooking oil, sea salt, fresh black pepper, and a handful of chopped chives or green onions. (drbenkim.com)
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, flip any that you can, add chopped chives or green onions, then return them to the oven to bake for another 8 minutes. (drbenkim.com)
- Chop the spring onions and chives finely then stir into the flour mix and add some salt and pepper. (grahamsfamilydairy.com)
- Chives' greatest strength may be their relative mildness compared to their fellow alliums like garlic and onions. (buylocalfood.org)
- However, epidemiologic studies suggest a link between higher intakes of vegetables in the garlic family (which includes onions, shallots, chives, and leeks as well as garlic) and lower risks of certain cancers, particularly gastrointestinal cancers. (nih.gov)
- Get to know three popular varieties of chives-common chives, garlic chives, and Siberian chives-before using them in your cooking. (marthastewart.com)
- Before they're picked and packaged to be sold, garlic chives-also known as Chinese chives-typically grow taller than common chives and have flatter leaves and white blossoms. (marthastewart.com)
- Siberian chives grow up to 2 feet tall, making them significantly larger than common or garlic chives. (marthastewart.com)
- Garlic can cause allergies and should be avoided by persons allergic to garlic or other members of the lily family, such as hyacinth, tulip, onion, leek, and chives. (nih.gov)
- Stir in chives and ⅛ teaspoon salt, keep warm. (astray.com)
- Use this variety just like common chives to give even more savory flavor to mashed or baked potatoes -or mix them into a fragrant herb salad dressing or dip. (marthastewart.com)
- Make a simple potato salad of cubed red potatoes, chopped chive, mustard, and mayo (a little of each goes a long way! (buylocalfood.org)
- This mayo-free potato salad is dressed in a mustard and chive vinaigrette and filled with tender mushrooms. (mushroomcouncil.com)
- To make the vinaigrette, put the egg, vinegar, and chives in a food processor and blend until well mixed. (spryliving.com)
- Finish with the chive vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste. (spryliving.com)
- Tender, flaky buttermilk biscuits infused with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh snipped chives, baked until golden brown and then brushed with melted butter. (loveandoliveoil.com)
- Chives are a perennial, bulb-forming culinary herb with a mild onion flavor. (johnnyseeds.com)
- Unlike common onion chives, they are not hollow. (marthastewart.com)
- This beautiful Kershaw Chive Tungsten is designed By the great Ken Onion and features a 420 stainless steel hollow ground clip point blade with black carbide mirror finish coating. (eknives.com)
- The Chive series is definitely the smallest of the Ken Onion family but rest assured big things always come in small packages! (eknives.com)
- But that doesn't quite do justice to chives or to scallions, as their subtle differences in flavor and strength give them individual identities and applications. (buylocalfood.org)
- Balsamic steak with purple tomatoes and corn salad, blueberry-lime donuts, bottoms-up lemon cake, foot-long hot dog buns, and chive blossom vinegar and räksmörgås. (heavytable.com)
- Green leaves of leek and chive mainly contain kaempferol glycosides, with mono- and di-glycosides dominating in leek and di- and tri-glycosides in chive. (unboundmedicine.com)
- Kaempferol-3-beta-D-glucoside and kaempferol-3-xylosyl-beta-D-glucoside were isolated from leek and the 3-beta-D-glucosides of kaempferol, quercetin and isorhamnetin as by-glycosides from chive. (unboundmedicine.com)
- AU - Starke,H, AU - Herrmann,K, PY - 1976/1/1/pubmed PY - 1976/1/1/medline PY - 1976/1/1/entrez SP - 25 EP - 30 JF - Zeitschrift fur Lebensmittel-Untersuchung und -Forschung JO - Z Lebensm Unters Forsch VL - 161 IS - 1 N2 - Green leaves of leek and chive mainly contain kaempferol glycosides, with mono- and di-glycosides dominating in leek and di- and tri-glycosides in chive. (unboundmedicine.com)
- The fresh chives add a nice pop of flavor to contrast the sharp cheddar cheese. (loveandoliveoil.com)
- Home cooks use fresh chives as a garnish, like they would other herbs, such as parsley or basil, to add a finishing touch of savory flavor. (marthastewart.com)
- They are often used as a garnish, particularly in French cuisine, and are an ingredient used in fines herbs (a mix of chives, tarragon, chervil, and parsley). (marthastewart.com)
- Common chives grow in clumps of small, slender bulbs that produce very thin, blue-green leaves, ranging in height from 10 to 15 inches. (marthastewart.com)
- This lesser-known variety of chives, sometimes referred to as blue chives due to their blue-green foliage, is another Asian species native to central and Northeastern Asian countries including Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Russia, and China. (marthastewart.com)
- When shopping for chives at the grocery store, make sure that they don't show any visible signs of wilting. (marthastewart.com)
- You may find Siberian chives at a farmers' market , gourmet food store, or local herb farms. (marthastewart.com)
- The CHIVES study aimed to test whether food vouchers redeemable only for fruit and vegetable purchases would improve fruit and vegetable consumption more than vouchers redeemable for any food. (nih.gov)
- The CHIVES study also aimed to assess whether food vouchers redeemable only in one-week increments would improve fruit and vegetable consumption more than vouchers redeemable in monthly increments. (nih.gov)
- We love using common chives to garnish latkes , omelets , chili , this epic Dutch Baby with Ham and Chives , our Cucumber-Herb Salad , or this Winter Caprese Salad . (marthastewart.com)
- At less than 3 inches long the Kershaw Chive makes for a perfect EDC knife, especially for women. (eknives.com)
- in chive we found glucose and galactose. (unboundmedicine.com)
- I don't think I've ever really given chives the time of day before-their folder in my brain only contained the note "that thing that's like a scallion but smaller. (buylocalfood.org)