Deacetylated CHITIN, a linear polysaccharide of deacetylated beta-1,4-D-glucosamine. It is used in HYDROGEL and to treat WOUNDS.
Forms to which substances are incorporated to improve the delivery and the effectiveness of drugs. Drug carriers are used in drug-delivery systems such as the controlled-release technology to prolong in vivo drug actions, decrease drug metabolism, and reduce drug toxicity. Carriers are also used in designs to increase the effectiveness of drug delivery to the target sites of pharmacological actions. Liposomes, albumin microspheres, soluble synthetic polymers, DNA complexes, protein-drug conjugates, and carrier erythrocytes among others have been employed as biodegradable drug carriers.
A sugar acid formed by the oxidation of the C-6 carbon of GLUCOSE. In addition to being a key intermediate metabolite of the uronic acid pathway, glucuronic acid also plays a role in the detoxification of certain drugs and toxins by conjugating with them to form GLUCURONIDES.
Spectroscopy, Fourier Transform Infrared
Drug Delivery Systems
The application of scientific knowledge or technology to pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry. It includes methods, techniques, and instrumentation in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, dispensing, packaging, and storing of drugs and other preparations used in diagnostic and determinative procedures, and in the treatment of patients.
Access to Information
Journal Impact Factor
"The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
Chemical compounds which yield hydrogen ions or protons when dissolved in water, whose hydrogen can be replaced by metals or basic radicals, or which react with bases to form salts and water (neutralization). An extension of the term includes substances dissolved in media other than water. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
Facility Regulation and Control
United States Food and Drug Administration
Substances intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body's structure or functions. Included in this definition are skin creams, lotions, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, permanent waves, hair colors, toothpastes, and deodorants, as well as any material intended for use as a component of a cosmetic product. (U.S. Food & Drug Administration Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition Office of Cosmetics Fact Sheet (web page) Feb 1995)
Investigational New Drug Application
An application that must be submitted to a regulatory agency (the FDA in the United States) before a drug can be studied in humans. This application includes results of previous experiments; how, where, and by whom the new studies will be conducted; the chemical structure of the compound; how it is thought to work in the body; any toxic effects found in animal studies; and how the compound is manufactured. (From the "New Medicines in Development" Series produced by the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association and published irregularly.)
A mitosporic fungal genus and an anamorphic form of Arthroderma. Various species attack the skin, nails, and hair.
Formed from pig pepsinogen by cleavage of one peptide bond. The enzyme is a single polypeptide chain and is inhibited by methyl 2-diaazoacetamidohexanoate. It cleaves peptides preferentially at the carbonyl linkages of phenylalanine or leucine and acts as the principal digestive enzyme of gastric juice.
Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity
A behavior disorder originating in childhood in which the essential features are signs of developmentally inappropriate inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Although most individuals have symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity, one or the other pattern may be predominant. The disorder is more frequent in males than females. Onset is in childhood. Symptoms often attenuate during late adolescence although a minority experience the full complement of symptoms into mid-adulthood. (From DSM-V)
Conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills. These disorders may result from organic or psychological conditions. Relatively common subtypes include DYSLEXIA, DYSCALCULIA, and DYSGRAPHIA.
Mode of action of chitin deacetylase from Mucor rouxii on N-acetylchitooligosaccharides. (1/1030)The mode of action of chitin deacetylase from the fungus Mucor rouxii on N-acetylchitooligosaccharides with a degree of polymerization 1-7 has been elucidated. Identification of the sequence of chitin oligomers following enzymatic deacetylation was verified by the alternative use of two specific exo-glycosidases in conjunction with HPLC. The results were further verified by 1H-NMR spectroscopy. It was observed that the length of the oligomer is important for enzyme action. The enzyme cannot effectively deacetylate chitin oligomers with a degree of polymerization lower than three. Tetra-N-acetylchitotetraose and penta-N-acetylchitopentaose are fully deacetylated by the enzyme, while in the case of tri-N-acetylchitotriose, hexa-N-acetylchitohexaose and hepta-N-acetylchitoheptaose the reducing-end residue always remains intact. Furthermore, the enzyme initially removes an acetyl group from the nonreducing-end residue of all chitin oligomers with a degree of polymerization higher than 2, and further catalyses the hydrolysis of the following acetamido groups in a processive fashion. The results are in agreement with the mode of action that the same enzyme exhibits on partially deacetylated water soluble chitosan polymers. (+info)
Chs7p, a new protein involved in the control of protein export from the endoplasmic reticulum that is specifically engaged in the regulation of chitin synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. (2/1030)The Saccharomyces cerevisiae CHS7 gene encodes an integral membrane protein located in the ER which is directly involved in chitin synthesis through the regulation of chitin synthase III (CSIII) activity. In the absence of CHS7 product, Chs3p, but not other secreted proteins, is retained in the ER, leading to a severe defect in CSIII activity and consequently, to a reduced rate of chitin synthesis. In addition, chs7 null mutants show the yeast phenotypes associated with a lack of chitin: reduced mating efficiency and lack of the chitosan ascospore layer, clear indications of Chs7p function throughout the S. cerevisiae biological cycle. CHS3 overexpression does not lead to increased levels of CSIII because the Chs3p excess is retained in the ER. However, joint overexpression of CHS3 and CHS7 increases the export of Chs3p from the ER and this is accompanied by a concomitant increase in CSIII activity, indicating that the amount of Chs7p is a limiting factor for CSIII activity. Accordingly, CHS7 transcription is increased when elevated amounts of chitin synthesis are detected. These results show that Chs7p forms part of a new mechanism specifically involved in Chs3p export from the ER and consequently, in the regulation of CSIII activity. (+info)
Modification of chitosan to improve its hypocholesterolemic capacity. (3/1030)Cholestyramine is the most widely used bile acid sequestrant in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. However, cholestyramine has unpleasant side effects as a consequence of its hydrophobic backbone. Therefore, high-capacity bile acid sequestering biopolymers with cationic chitosan derivatives were developed, because electrostatic interactions are important for binding with bile acid anions. Dialkylaminoalkylation and reductive amination of chitosan were done to add dialkylaminoalkyl and an additional free amino group at a hydroxyl site in the chitosan backbone respectively and the amino-derivatized chitosan derivatives were quaternized with methyl iodide to produce a cationic polyelectrolyte. The in vitro bile acid binding capacity of the chitosan derivatives in aqueous NaCl was measured by reversed-phase HPLC. The binding capacities of sodium glycocholate (a major bile acid) to chitosan, DEAE-chitosan, quaternized DEAE-chitosan, and cholestyramine were 1.42, 3.12, 4.06, and 2.78 mmol/g resin, respectively. With quaternized DEAE-chitosan, the bile acid binding capacity increased approximately 50% over that of cholestyramine. The bile acid binding capacity of dialkylaminoalkyl chitosan derivatives increased with the number of carbons in the alkyl groups, indicating that hydrophobic interaction is a secondary factor for the sequestration of bile acids. (+info)
Development of bacterial contamination during production of yeast extracts. (4/1030)Baker's yeast suspensions having bacterial populations of 10(6) and 10(8) CFU/ml were subjected to autolysis processes designed to obtain yeast extracts (YE). The bacterial contaminants added to the yeast cell suspensions were produced with spent broths obtained from a commercial yeast production plant and contained 59% cocci (Leuconostoc, Aerococcus, Lactococcus) as well as 41% bacilli (Bacillus). Autolyses were conducted at four different pH levels (4.0, 5.5, 7.0, and 8.5) and with two autolysis-promoting agents (ethyl acetate and chitosan). Processing parameters were more important than the initial bacterial population in the development of contaminating bacteria during manufacture of YE. Drops in the viable bacterial population after a 24-h autolysis were observed when pH was adjusted to 4.0 or when ethyl acetate was added. A significant interaction was found between the effects of pH and autolysis promoters on the bacterial population in YE, indicating that the activity of ethyl acetate, as opposed to that of chitosan, was not influenced by pH. (+info)
Oligogalacturonic acid and chitosan reduce stomatal aperture by inducing the evolution of reactive oxygen species from guard cells of tomato and Commelina communis. (5/1030)Stomatal opening provides access to inner leaf tissues for many plant pathogens, so narrowing stomatal apertures may be advantageous for plant defense. We investigated how guard cells respond to elicitors that can be generated from cell walls of plants or pathogens during pathogen infection. The effect of oligogalacturonic acid (OGA), a degradation product of the plant cell wall, and chitosan (beta-1,4-linked glucosamine), a component of the fungal cell wall, on stomatal movements were examined in leaf epidermis of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.) and Commelina communis L. These elicitors reduced the size of the stomatal aperture. OGA not only inhibited light-induced stomatal opening, but also accelerated stomatal closing in both species; chitosan inhibited light-induced stomatal opening in tomato epidermis. The effects of OGA and chitosan were suppressed when EGTA, catalase, or ascorbic acid was present in the medium, suggesting that Ca(2+) and H(2)O(2) mediate the elicitor-induced decrease of stomatal apertures. We show that the H(2)O(2) that is involved in this process is produced by guard cells in response to elicitors. Our results suggest that guard cells infected by pathogens may close their stomata via a pathway involving H(2)O(2) production, thus interfering with the continuous invasion of pathogens through the stomatal pores. (+info)
Maintenance of CD34 expression during proliferation of CD34+ cord blood cells on glycosaminoglycan surfaces. (6/1030)Recent studies have indicated that glycosaminoglycan (GAG) interactions with hematopoietic progenitors play a significant role in the regulation of hematopoiesis. However, the details of these interactions are not clear. In this study, we examined the role of soluble and immobilized GAGs in the proliferation of CD34+ cells. Chitosan, a cationic polysaccharide, was used to immobilize GAGs in ionic complex membranes. The GAGs studied were heparin, hyaluronate, and chondroitin sulfates A, B, and C. CD34-enriched umbilical cord blood cells were seeded onto tissue culture plates coated with the GAG-chitosan complex membranes. Cultures were maintained in medium supplemented with stem cell factor and interleukin 3 for up to six weeks, during which total and CD34+ cell numbers were determined by flow cytometry. Total cell number expansion ranged from 25-fold to 40-fold after six weeks. However, only heparin and chondroitin sulfate B (CSB) surfaces retained a significant CD34+ fraction. All other surfaces exhibited declines in CD34 expression, with negligible CD34+ percentages remaining after four weeks. In contrast, heparin and CSB surfaces exhibited CD34+ fractions as high as 90% after four weeks. GAG desorption studies indicated that the observed effects were partly mediated by desorbed GAGs in a concentration dependent manner. Subsequent studies showed that sustained high (160 microg/ml) heparin levels had toxic effects, while the same concentration of CSB exhibited more rapid early proliferation of CD34+ cells. In conclusion, this culture system has demonstrated the ability to produce simultaneous proliferation and CD34+ cell enrichment of a partially purified cord blood population by controlling the nature and levels of GAG moieties to which the cells are exposed. The results indicate that specific GAGs can significantly influence the growth and differentiation characteristics of cultured CD34+ cells. (+info)
Purification, characterization, and gene analysis of a chitosanase (ChoA) from Matsuebacter chitosanotabidus 3001. (7/1030)The extracellular chitosanase (34,000 M(r)) produced by a novel gram-negative bacterium Matsuebacter chitosanotabidus 3001 was purified. The optimal pH of this chitosanase was 4.0, and the optimal temperature was between 30 and 40 degrees C. The purified chitosanase was most active on 90% deacetylated colloidal chitosan and glycol chitosan, both of which were hydrolyzed in an endosplitting manner, but this did not hydrolyze chitin, cellulose, or their derivatives. Among potential inhibitors, the purified chitosanase was only inhibited by Ag(+). Internal amino acid sequences of the purified chitosanase were obtained. A PCR fragment corresponding to one of these amino acid sequences was then used to screen a genomic library for the entire choA gene encoding chitosanase. Sequencing of the choA gene revealed an open reading frame encoding a 391-amino-acid protein. The N-terminal amino acid sequence had an excretion signal, but the sequence did not show any significant homology to other proteins, including known chitosanases. The 80-amino-acid excretion signal of ChoA fused to green fluorescent protein was functional in Escherichia coli. Taken together, these results suggest that we have identified a novel, previously unreported chitosanase. (+info)
Characterization of a novel, antifungal, chitin-binding protein from Streptomyces tendae Tu901 that interferes with growth polarity. (8/1030)The afp1 gene, which encodes the antifungal protein AFP1, was cloned from nikkomycin-producing Streptomyces tendae Tu901, using a nikkomycin-negative mutant as a host and screening transformants for antifungal activity against Paecilomyces variotii in agar diffusion assays. The 384-bp afp1 gene has a low G+C content (63%) and a transcription termination structure with a poly(T) region, unusual attributes for Streptomyces genes. AFP1 was purified from culture filtrate of S. tendae carrying the afp1 gene on the multicopy plasmid pIJ699. The purified protein had a molecular mass of 9,862 Da and lacked a 42-residue N-terminal peptide deduced from the nucleotide sequence. AFP1 was stable at extreme pH values and high temperatures and toward commercial proteinases. AFP1 had limited similarity to cellulose-binding domains of microbial plant cell wall hydrolases and bound to crab shell chitin, chitosan, and cell walls of P. variotii but showed no enzyme activity. The biological activity of AFP1, which represents the first chitin-binding protein from bacteria exhibiting antifungal activity, was directed against specific ascomycetes, and synergistic interaction with the chitin synthetase inhibitor nikkomycin inhibited growth of Aspergillus species. Microscopy studies revealed that fluorescein-labeled AFP1 strongly bound to the surface of germinated conidia and to tips of growing hyphae, causing severe alterations in cell morphogenesis that gave rise to large spherical conidia and/or swollen hyphae and to atypical branching. (+info)
HMWC - High Molecular Weight Chitosan | AcronymFinder
How is High Molecular Weight Chitosan abbreviated? HMWC stands for High Molecular Weight Chitosan. HMWC is defined as High Molecular Weight Chitosan somewhat frequently.
IJMS | Free Full-Text | Molecular Weight Dependent Glucose Lowering Effect of Low Molecular Weight Chitosan Oligosaccharide ...
This research investigated the effect of enzymatically digested low molecular weight (MW) chitosan oligosaccharide on type 2 diabetes prevention. Three different chitosan oligosaccharide samples with varying MW were evaluated in vitro for inhibition of rat small intestinal α-glucosidase and porcine pancreatic α-amylase (GO2KA1; <1000 Da, GO2KA2; 1000-10,000 Da, GO2KA3; MW > 10,000 Da). The in vitro results showed that all tested samples had similar rat α-glucosidase inhibitory and porcine α-amylase inhibitory activity. Based on these observations, we decided to further investigate the effect of all three samples at a dose of 0.1 g/kg, on reducing postprandial blood glucose levels in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rat model after sucrose loading test. In the animal trial, all tested samples had postprandial blood glucose reduction effect, when compared to control, however GO2KA1 supplementation had the strongest effect. The glucose peak (Cmax) for GO2KA1 and control was 152 mg/dL and 193 mg/dL,
Molecules | Free Full-Text | Sulfated Chitosan Oligosaccharides Suppress LPS-Induced NO Production via JNK and NF-κB...
Various biological effects have been reported for sulfated chitosan oligosaccharides, but the molecular mechanisms of action of their anti-inflammatory effects are still unknown. This study aimed to evaluate the anti-inflammatory effects of sulfated chitosan oligosaccharides and to elucidate the possible mechanisms of action. The results showed that pretreated low molecular weight sulfated chitosan oligosaccharides inhibited the production of nitric oxide (NO) and inflammatory cytokines such as IL-6 and TNF-α in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-activated RAW264.7 cells. The sulfated chitosan oligosaccharides also suppressed inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), phosphorylation of JNK and translocation of p65, a subunit of NF-κB, into the nucleus by inhibiting degradation of IκB-α. Our investigation suggests sulfated chitosan oligosaccharides inhibit IL-6/TNF-α in LPS-induced macrophages, regulated by mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) pathways dependent on NF-κB activation.
Investigation of chitosan nanoparticles durability in combination with antioxidant-antibacterial fraction extracted from...
Objective(s): This study considered the combination of chitosan nanoparticles with antioxidant-antibacterial fraction extracted from Lactobacillus casei and investigation of possible increasing of antibacterial activity of the fraction in hybrid nanoparticle and the effect of the fraction on the stability of chitosan nanoparticles. Methods: Extraction of Antioxidant antibacterial material from Lactobacillus casei supernatant was done by thin layer chromatography fractionation. For determination of antioxidant and antibacterial activity of fraction, DPPH (2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl) assay and Minimum Inhibition Concentration (MIC) by micro-well dilution method was used, respectively. For chitosan nanoparticles (Cs NPs) formation, the ionic gelation method was used and the ratio of Tripolyphosphate pentasodium (TPP): chitosan was optimized. For Antioxidant fraction loaded chitosan nanoparticles, the fraction is physically incorporated into the chitosan nanoparticles. Particle morphology was monitored
United States Carboxymethyl Chitosan Market 2017- DOW, CP Kelco, AKZO Nobel, UGUR Seluloz Kimya, Quimica Amtex - Herald Analyst
Papermaking. The Carboxymethyl Chitosan report does the thorough study of the key industry players to understand their business strategies, annual revenue, company profile and their contribution to the Carboxymethyl Chitosan market share in the United States. Diverse factors of the Carboxymethyl Chitosan industry like the supply chain scenario, industry standards, import/export details are also mentioned in this report.. Key Highlights of the United States Carboxymethyl Chitosan Market 2017 Report:. A Clear understanding of the Carboxymethyl Chitosan market based on growth, constraints, opportunities, feasibility study.. Concise Carboxymethyl Chitosan Market study based on major United States regions.. Analysis of evolving market segments as well as a complete study of existing Carboxymethyl Chitosan market segments.. Before Purchasing, Request Free Sample Copy of the Report Here: http://qyresearch.us/report/united-states-carboxymethyl-chitosan-market-2017/107070/#requestForSample. Furthermore, ...
Preparation of cross-linked chitosan microspheres by spray drying: Effect of cross-linking agent on the properties of spray...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Preparation of cross-linked chitosan microspheres by spray drying. T2 - Effect of cross-linking agent on the properties of spray dried microspheres. AU - Desai, K. G H. AU - Park, Hyun Jin. PY - 2005/6/1. Y1 - 2005/6/1. N2 - Chitosan microspheres cross-linked with three different cross-linking agents viz, tripolyphosphate (TPP), formaldehyde (FA) and gluteraldehyde (GA) have been prepared by spray drying technique. The influence of these cross-linking agents on the properties of spray dried chitosan microspheres was extensively investigated. The particle size and encapsulation efficiencies of thus prepared chitosan microspheres ranged mainly between 4.1-4.7 μm and 95.12-99.17%, respectively. Surface morphology, % erosion, % water uptake and drug release properties of the spray dried chitosan microspheres was remarkably influenced by the type (chemical or ionic) and extent (1 or 2%w/w) of cross-linking agents. Spray dried chitosan microspheres cross-linked with TPP exhibited ...
Global Chitosan Derivatives Market 2016 Definitions, Applications and Industry Chain Structure by 2021 - BizPR.co.uk | UK Free...
The report studies Chitosan Derivatives in Global market Professional Survey 2016 : Size, Share, Trends, Industry Growth, Opportunity, Application, Production, Segmentation, Cost Structure, Company Profile, Product Picture and Specifications during the Forecast period by 2021. Global Chitosan Derivatives Industry 2016is a comprehensive, professional report delivering market research data that is relevant for new market entrants or established players. Key strategies of the companies operaChitosan Derivativesg in the market and their impact analysis have been included in the report. Furthermore, a business overview, revenue share, and SWOT analysis of the leading players in the Chitosan Derivatives market is available in the report.. Combining the data integration and analysis capabilities with the relevant findings, the report has predicted strong future growth of the Chitosan Derivatives market in all its geographical and product segments. In addition to this, several significant variables that ...
Effect of the high molecular weight chitosan and sodium alginate on Candida albicans hydrophobicity and adhesion to cells
The aim of the present paper is to evaluate the effect of the high molecular weight chitosan (HMWC) and of sodium alginate (NaAL) on surface hydrophobicity of Candida albicans and on adhesion of the yeast to epithelial cells and fibroblasts of different proceeding. For this study, a collection strain and seven isolates of C. albicans from saliva (patients with denture stomatitis) were grown in Sabouraud glucose agar supplemented with HMWC or NaAL or in absence of them (control). Hydrophobicity was determined by adhesion to hydrocarbons method using two organic media (xylene and chloroform). For adhesion experiments, aqueous suspensions of yeasts were contacted with solutions of biopolymers and different cells (rat and human fibroblasts and epithelial cells Hep-2). The quantification of adhesion was made by optical microscopy. Results: a decrease in hydrophobicity was observed in the presence of HMWC (44%) and of NaAL (82%) when chloroform was employed as organic medium, meanwhile the decreases ...
Improvement of osteoblast functions by sustained release of bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) from heparin-coated chitosan...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Improvement of osteoblast functions by sustained release of bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) from heparin-coated chitosan scaffold. AU - Yun, Young Pil. AU - Lee, Su Young. AU - Kim, Hak Jun. AU - Song, Jae-Jun. AU - Kim, Sung Eun. PY - 2013/1/1. Y1 - 2013/1/1. N2 - The aim of this study was to investigate the improvement in osteoblast functions by using bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) immobilized heparin-coated chitosan scaffolds and comparing it with that using chitosan scaffold or BMP-2/chitosan scaffold in vitro. BMP-2 was released from the heparin-coated chitosan scaffold in a sustained manner compared to that released from the chitosan scaffold. The osteoblast functions of MG-63 cells grown on the chitosan scaffold, the BMP-2/chitosan scaffold, the BMP-2/Hep/chitosan scaffold were investigated by assessing cell proliferation, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, calcium deposition, and gene expression. The results of the in vitro studies demonstrated that MG-63 ...
Betaxolol Hydrochloride Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles for Ocular Delivery and their Anti-glaucoma Efficacy | Bentham Science
Title:Betaxolol Hydrochloride Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles for Ocular Delivery and their Anti-glaucoma Efficacy. VOLUME: 10 ISSUE: 5. Author(s):Kunal Jain, R. Suresh Kumar, Sumeet Sood and G. Dhyanandhan. Affiliation:Department of Pharmaceutics, J.S.S College of Pharmacy, Udhagamandalam, India.. Keywords:Betaxolol, glaucoma, chitosan, nanoparticles, ocular delivery.. Abstract:Many effective anti-glaucoma drugs available for the treatment of ocular hypertension and open angle glaucoma are associated with rapid and extensive precorneal loss caused by the drainage and high tear fluid turnover. The present study involved design of mucoadhesive nanoparticulate carrier system containing betaxolol hydrochloride for ocular delivery to improve its corneal permeability and precorneal residence time. Nanoparticles were prepared by spontaneous emulsification method and had a particle size of 168-260nm with zeta potential of 25.2-26.4 mV. The in vitro release studies in simulated tear fluid exhibited ...
Chitosan|High density chitosan|Water Soluble Chitosan|Chitosan oligosaccharide|D-glucosamine Hcl|D-Glucosamine Sulfate(2Kcl...
Chitosan,Chitosan oligosaccharide,Edible Oligosaccharide,Agriculture Oligosaccharide,Oligosaccharide Liquid,Chitin oligosaccharide,Food grade chitosan,Industrial grade chitosan,Pharma. grade chitosan,Feed grade chitosan,High density chitosan,High MW
Global Chitosan Derivatives Market Trends, Challenges and Growth Drivers Analysis 2021 | Medgadget
Get Sample Copy of This Report: http://www.researchnreports.com/request_sample.php?id=43430. Market research reports for the Global Chitosan Derivatives Market included detailed segmentation of international, analysis of supply and demand trends, 5-year forecast of market growth, volumes of historic brand market, analysis of the production, importation and exportation, and transparent market methodology. In-depth studies regarding Global Chitosan Derivatives Market, with data from 2011 and projects of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are also used as basis for research. Lastly, there are examinations of the Global demand for the market and profiles of the major players of the industry. With all the data gathered and analyzed using SWOT analysis, there was a clearer picture of the competitive landscape of the Global Chitosan Derivatives Market. Sources for the future market growth were uncovered and outlying competitive threats also surfaced. There was strategic direction eminent in the ...
Global Chitosan Sales Market Research by Production,Revenue,Market Manufacturer & Region-in Depth Analysis Report 2017 - BizPR...
2.1 Global Chitosan Market Competition by Players/Suppliers. 2.1.1 Global Chitosan Sales and Market Share of Key Players/Suppliers (2012-2017). 2.1.2 Global Chitosan Revenue and Share by Players/Suppliers (2012-2017). 2.2 Global Chitosan (Volume and Value) by Type. 2.2.1 Global Chitosan Sales and Market Share by Type (2012-2017). 2.2.2 Global Chitosan Revenue and Market Share by Type (2012-2017). 2.3 Global Chitosan (Volume and Value) by Region. 2.3.1 Global Chitosan Sales and Market Share by Region (2012-2017). 2.3.2 Global Chitosan Revenue and Market Share by Region (2012-2017). 2.4 Global Chitosan (Volume) by Application. 3 United States Chitosan (Volume, Value and Sales Price). 3.1 United States Chitosan Sales and Value (2012-2017). 3.1.1 United States Chitosan Sales and Growth Rate (2012-2017). 3.1.2 United States Chitosan Revenue and Growth Rate (2012-2017). 3.1.3 United States Chitosan Sales Price Trend (2012-2017). 3.2 United States Chitosan Sales Volume and Market Share by ...
Sitemap | Chitin Manufacturers, Chitosan Derivatives, Chitosan Suppliers in India
We are expertise in manufacturing chitin, chitosan, chitosan oligosaccharide, carboxymethyl chitosan, chitosan fiber, chitosan acetate, chitosan glutamate, chitosan lactate, etc.,
Adsorption of indomethacin onto chemically modified chitosan beads<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Adsorption of indomethacin onto chemically modified chitosan beads. AU - Mi, Fwu Long. AU - Shyu, Shin Shing. AU - Chen, Chin Ta. AU - Lai, Juin Yih. PY - 2001/11/23. Y1 - 2001/11/23. N2 - Macroporous chitosan beads used for the immobilization of an anti-inflammatory drug were prepared by the wet phase-inversion method. There are two stages of phase-inversion observed from the cast of chitosan droplet in tripolyphosphate (TPP) aqueous solution. The first stage of phase-inversion is dominated by liquid-liquid demixing and the morphology of the freeze-dried chitosan bead shows a bundle-like porous structure. The following stage of phase-inversion is attributed to the solid-liquid demixing and the morphology of the freeze-dried chitosan bead changes to an interconnected porous structure comprising particulates around the pores. The pore size and porosity of the bead can be varied by altering synthesis conditions, such as initial polymer concentration, and the pH value and ...
Recovery of Lipids from Aqueous Dispersions with Chitosan Solutions, Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry | 10.1023/B:RJAC...
Read Recovery of Lipids from Aqueous Dispersions with Chitosan Solutions, Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.
Effects of Chitosan Oligosaccharide and/or Beta-Glucan Supplementation to Diets Containing Organic Zinc on Performance and Some...
This study was carried out to investigate effects of chitosan oligosaccharides and/or beta-glucan addition into diets containing organic zinc on performance and biochemical profiles in broilers. One-day old broiler chicks (n=540) were assigned to six groups for six replicates (15 chicks for each). Chicks in control group were fed basal diet containing soybean meal and corn, and experimental groups were fed diets containing 1% organic zinc (Or center dot Zn) or 0.025% chitosan oligosaccharides (COS) or 0.050% beta-glucan (BG) or 1% Or center dot Zn plus 0.025% COS or 1% Or center dot Zn plus 0.050% BG during 42 days. There were no significant differences between groups for performance (body weight, daily body weight gain, daily feed intake, and feed conversion ratio) during experimental period. Although, there were no differences between all groups for serum total cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, VLDL-cholesterol, urea, insulin and glucose levels, statistical significances were determined between Or ...
Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid
China Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid manufacturers - Select 2017 high quality Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid products in best price from certified Chinese Liquid Chemical manufacturers, Liquid Air suppliers, wholesalers and factory on Made-in-China.com
USP,Chitosan oligosaccharide,148411-57-8, View 148411-57-8, GKSW Product Details from Baoji Guokang Bio-Technology Co., Ltd....
USP,Chitosan oligosaccharide,148411-57-8,US $ 1 - 99 / Kilogram, 148411-57-8, Chitosan oligosaccharide, (C12H24N2O9)n.Source from Baoji Guokang Bio-Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com.
Iodinated Echogenic Glycol Chitosan Nanoparticles for X-ray CT/US Dual Imaging of Tumor [Abstract]
Abstract. Development of biopolymer-based imaging agents which can access rapidly and provide detailed information about the diseases has received much attention as an alternative to conventional imaging agents. However, development of biopolymer-based nanomaterials for tumor imaging still remains challenging due to their low sensitivity and image resolution. To surmount of these limitations, multimodal imaging agents have been developed, and they were widely utilized for theranostic applications. Herein, iodine containing echogenic glycol chitosan nanoparticles are developed for x-ray computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound (US) imaging of tumor diagnosis. X-ray CT/US dual-modal imaging probe was prepared by following below two steps. First, iodine-contained diatrizoic acid (DTA) was chemically conjugated to the glycol chitosan (GC) for the CT imaging. DTA conjugated GC (GC-DTA NPs) formed stable nanoparticles with an average diameter of 315 nm. Second, perfluoropentane (PFP), a US imaging ...
A Photo-Crosslinkable Chitosan Hydrogel for Peripheral Nerve Anastomosis - Semantic Scholar
The predominant therapy for peripheral nerve transection is anastomosis by suture. However, sutures have been known to lead to tissue inflammation, granulomas, and poor functional outcomes. While adhesives offer a promising alternative, fibrin-the predominant bio-glue-can transmit disease. Here we examine a photocrosslinkable chitosan hydrogel for use in surgical therapies for peripheral nerve injury. Prepared by conjugating 4-azidobenzoic acid to amino groups of chitosan using carbodiimide chemistry, this formulation demonstrates a high potential of in-situ photocrosslinking. A 40 mg/mL solution gels under 40 s of UV illumination. This gel is demonstrated to be cytocompatible with neural cell populations and is not acutely toxic to nerve conduction ex vivo. Mechanical testing of nerves anastomosed by this hydrogel had tensile strengths comparable to conventional fibrin glues. These results show chitosan hydrogel to be biocompatible and mechanically suitable for use in nerve repair. Keywords-chitosan;
KNUSTSpace: Effects of ph of medium and molecular weight on polyelectrolyte complex formation between pectin and chitosan
The effects of pH of medium and molecular weight of chitosan on polyelectrolyte complex (PEC) formation between pectin and chitosan was investigated using capillary viscometry. The intrinsic viscosity of the polymers was determined using Huggins plot. PECs were formed between pectin and chitosan in the pH range 2.9-5.6, but no PEC was formed at pH 1.5. The proportion of pectin in pectin-chitosan PEC varied with pH of the medium due to different levels of ionisation of the polymers and also probably due to the flexibility of pectin molecule. The amount of pectin in the PEC increased with a decrease in pH while that of chitosan increased with an increase in pH of medium. Linear relationships were established between the pH of media used and the weight fraction of pectin required for optimal PEC formation with molecular weight grades of chitosan. Molecular weight of chitosan appeared to have no effect (p,0.05) on the optimal ratio of pectin:chitosan required for PEC formation but intrinsic ...
Chitosan Films Incorporated with Exopolysaccharides from Deep Seawater Alteromonas sp.
Two Alteromonas sp. strains isolated from deep seawater were grown to promote the production of exopolysaccharides (EPS, E611 and E805), which were incorporated into chitosan solutions to develop films. The combination of the major marine polysaccharides (chitosan and the isolated bacterial EPS) resulted in the formation of homogenous, transparent, colorless films, suggesting good compatibility between the two components of the film-forming formulation. With regards to optical properties, the films showed low values of gloss, in the range of 5-10 GU, indicating the formation of non-glossy and rough surfaces. In addition to the film surface, both showed hydrophobic character, with water contact angles higher than 100 º, regardless of EPS addition. Among the two EPS under analysis, chitosan films with E805 showed better mechanical performance, leading to resistant, flexible, easy to handle films ...
Patent US4833237 - Process for producing granular porous chitosan - Google Patents
A process for producing granular porous chitosan of extremely uniform particle size and having uniform fine pores on the spherical surface and cut cross sectional face. The process comprises dissolving a low molecular weight chitosan into an aqueous acidic solution, pouring the solution into a basic solution and thereby coagulating the product to precipitate porous chitosan.
Published paper on Use of combined nanocarrier system based on chitosan nanoparticles and phospholipids complex for improving...
Research is our Passion, Innovation is our Tradition!It gives immense pleasure to share with you all that our faculty published paper on Use of combined nanocarrier system based on chitosan nanoparticles and phospholipids complex for improving delivery of ferulic acid in International Journal of Biological Macromoleculesbl (Elsevier)… Heartiest congratulations to Dr. Darshan Telange ...
The Unusual Bell-Like Dependence of the Activity of Chitosan against Penicillium Vermoesenii on Chitosan Molecular Weight -...
Chitosan has been reported to be a non-toxic, biocompatible antibacterial, antifungal and insecticidal agent. In this work the fungistatic efficacy of a set of low polydispersity chitosans varying in molecular weight from 1.2 to 90.0 kDa towards the filamentous palm parasitic fungus Penicillium vermoesenii has been studied in vitro. It has been shown for the first time that the activity of chitosan against the fungus has unusual bell-like dependence on chitosan molecular weight so that chitosans having the molecular weight between 5÷10 kDa possess the highest fungistatic activity while chitosans with both lower and higher molecular weights are significantly less active. (Imprint: Nova Biomedical). ...
Frontiers | Poly(ethylene glycol) and Cyclodextrin-Grafted Chitosan: From Methodologies to Preparation and Potential...
Chitosan, a polyaminosaccharide obtained by alkaline deacetylation of chitin, possesses useful properties including biodegradability, biocompatibility, low toxicity, and good miscibility with other polymers. It is extensively used in many applications in biology, medicine, agriculture, environmental protection, and the food and pharmaceutical industries. The amino and hydroxyl groups present in the chitosan backbone provide positions for modifications that are influenced by factors such as the molecular weight, viscosity, and type of chitosan, as well as the reaction conditions. The modification of chitosan by chemical methods is of interest because the basic chitosan skeleton is not modified and the process results in new or improved properties of the material. Among the chitosan derivatives, cyclodextrin-grafted chitosan and poly(ethylene glycol)-grafted chitosan are excellent candidates for a range of biomedical, environmental decontamination, and industrial purposes. This work discusses
Weight Loss Benefits of Chitosan - Phentramin-D
Chitosan has many benefits mainly in health and weight reduction. Chitosan is able to reduce triglycerides in the blood because of its ability to bind dietary lipids, thus reducing intestinal lipid absorption. Chitin also has the ability of soaking up fat found in the intestines and flushes this fat out of the body before the body absorbs it. In this way, Chitosan helps to lower levels of bad LDL cholesterol and at the same time increase the levels of good HDL cholesterol. Chitosan has also exhibited anti-tumor action with its inhibitory action on tumor cells.. Chitosan is sold in a tablet form at many health stores and online and is advertised as a fat attractor or fat blocker. Chitosan can be purchased either as Chitosan supplements or as an ingredient in herbal diet pills. Chitosan is commonly used in diet pills because it has the ability to absorb six to eight times of its total weight in liquids. For this reason, Chitosan expands in the stomach and helps to suppress appetite as well ...
Physicochemical features and transfection properties of chitosan/polox | IJN
Physicochemical features and transfection properties of chitosan/poloxamer 188/poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoplexes Donato Cosco,1,5,* Cinzia Federico,1,2,* Jessica Maiuolo,1 Stefania Bulotta,1 Roberto Molinaro,1,3 Donatella Paolino,1,5 Pierfrancesco Tassone,2,4 Massimo Fresta1Department of Health Sciences, 2Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Græcia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy; 3Department of NanoMedicine, The Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA; 4Medical Oncology, Tommaso Campanella Cancer Center, Viale S Venuta, Germaneto, 5Interregional Research Center for Food Safety and Health, University of Catanzaro “Magna Græcia”, Catanzaro, Italy*These authors contributed equally to this paperAbstract: The aim of this study was the evaluation of the effects of two emulsifiers on the physicochemical and technological properties of low molecular weight chitosan/poly (D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) nanoplexes and their transfection
DSpace at EWHA: Effects of tumor microenvironments on targeted delivery of glycol chitosan nanoparticles
In cancer theranostics, the main strategy of nanoparticle-based targeted delivery system has been understood by enhanced permeability and retention (EPR) effect of macromolecules. Studies on diverse nanoparticles provide a better understanding of different EPR effects depending on their structure, physicochemical properties, and chemical modifications. Recently the tumor microenvironment has been considered as another important factor for determining tumor-targeted delivery of nanoparticles, but the correlation between EPR effects and tumor microenvironment has not yet been fully elucidated. Herein, ectopic subcutaneous tumor models presenting different tumor microenvironments were established by inoculation of SCC7, U87, HT29, PC3, and A549 cancer cell lines into athymic nude mice, respectively. In the five different types of tumor-bearing mice, tumor-targeted delivery of self-assembled glycol chitosan nanoparticles (CNPs) were comparatively evaluated to identify the correlation between the ...
Effects of chitosan and water-soluble chitosan micro- and nanoparticle | IJN
Effects of chitosan and water-soluble chitosan micro- and nanoparticles in obese rats fed a high-fat diet Hong-liang Zhang,1,2 Xiao-bin Zhong,1 Yi Tao,3 Si-hui Wu,4 Zheng-quan Su21Department of Pharmacy, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, 2Key Research Center of Liver Regulation for Hyperlipemia SATCM/Level 3 Laboratory of Lipid Metabolism, Guangdong TCM Key Laboratory for Metabolic Diseases, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, 3HEC Pharm Group, Dongguan, 4Department of Pharmacy, Guangdong Food and Drug Vocational Technical School, Guangzhou, ChinaPurpose: This study determined the effects of chitosan (CTS) and water-soluble chitosan (WSC) microparticles (MPs) and nanoparticles (NPs) in rats with high-fat diet-induced obesity.Methods: The rats were randomly separated into eight groups: a normal diet group (the blank control), a high-fat emulsion group (the negative control), CTS and WSC control groups, CTS-MP and WSC-MP groups, and CTS-NP and WSC-NP groups. All groups
NutraGenesis Introduces Clinically Proven Blood Sugar Nutraceutical - Nutraceuticals World
NutraGenesis, LLC, Brattleboro, VT, has launched Orisett, a naturally derived, patent-pending nutraceutical designed to define the benchmark for the glucose management category. Orisett contains low molecular weight chitosan oligosaccharide bioactive
Functional hybrid fibers of cellulose/microcrystalline chitosan. I. Manufacture of viscose/microcrystalline chitosan fibers<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Functional hybrid fibers of cellulose/microcrystalline chitosan. I. Manufacture of viscose/microcrystalline chitosan fibers. AU - Nousiainen, Pertti. AU - Vehviläinen, Marianna. AU - Struszczyk, Henryk. AU - Mäkinen, Elina. PY - 2000/1/1. Y1 - 2000/1/1. N2 - Blends of microcrystalline chitosan (MCCh) with cellulose xhanthate alkaline solutions were prepared to investigate the effects of aqueous MCCh gel concentration and additives on the spinnability of hybrid cellulose/chitosan fibers and their properties. The properties of the spinning solution were mainly dependent on the concentration of MCCh in the aqueous gel-like dispersion and the amount mixed into the cellulose xhanthate solution. Sodium alginate chemically close to cellulose and chitosan was used as an additive to improve the miscibility of chitosan due to the ionic bonds formed with chitosan 2-amino groups. Using an optimized ratio of 2:1 of MCCh to the sodium alginate, a maximum of 6% of MCCh calculated from ...
In vitro evaluation on CaCo-2 cells of hybrid lipid/chitosan nanoparticles for the oral delivery of heparin. | Archivio della...
Enhanced oral bioavailability of poorly aqueous soluble drugs encapsulated in a number of lipid-based formulations, including emulsions, micellar systems, self-emulsifying drug delivery systems, liposomes and solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) via lymphatic delivery has been documented (1). In the present work, SLN were designed for the oral delivery of heparin in order to take advantage from the lymphatic intestinal transport pathway. In order to improve the incorporation of a high hydrophilic compound in a lipid matrix, heparin was insolubilized by the coupling with chitosan. In this aim we have developed chitosan/heparin Polyelectrolyte complexes (PEC). Such as systems are able to complex stably heparin (up to pH , 6.8) (2) and after pelletization by centrifugation were embedded in SLN obtaining a hybrid system lipid/chitosan nanoparticles (PEC-SLN). Since no in-vitro lymphoid tissue is currently available, CaCo-2 cell monolayer could be considered an alternative in vitro model to be used as a ...
TERBINAFINE LOADED CHITOSAN SCAFFOLD FOR FUNGAL WOUND TREATMENT | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH
Abstract Chitosan-based porous scaffolds are of great interest in biomedical applications especially in tissue engineering because of their excellent biocompatibility in vivo, good texture, surface contact, controllable degradation rate and tailorable mechanical properties. These days biomaterials scaffolds have contributed as an alternative choice of therapy mainly due to the increase failure rates in autografts and allografts techniques. Terbinafine HCl is allylamines group of drugs which is used topically to treat dermatophyte group of fungi like ringworm. Chitosan possesses both anti-bacterial and antifungal property which synergises with Terbinafine HCl (TBH) for both prophylactic and therapeutic actions in treating fungal wound infection (FWI). The haemostatic property of chitosan allows sorption of plasma, erythrocyte coagulation and platelets activation. These properties contribute additional role in repairing debilitated tissue. The prolong drug release property of fabricated scaffold ...
Enhanced oral absorption of hydrophobic and hydrophilic drugs using quaternary ammonium palmitoyl glycol chitosan nanoparticles...
As 95% of all prescriptions are for orally administered drugs, the issue of oral absorption is central to the development of pharmaceuticals. Oral absorption is limited by a high molecular weight (,500 Da), a high log P value (,2.0) and low gastrointestinal permeability. We have designed a triple action nanomedicine from a chitosan amphiphile: quaternary ammonium palmitoyl glycol chitosan (GCPQ), which significantly enhances the oral absorption of hydrophobic drugs (e.g., griseofulvin and cyclosporin A) and, to a lesser extent, the absorption of hydrophilic drugs (e.g., ranitidine). The griseofulvin and cyclosporin A C(max) was increased 6- and 5-fold respectively with this new nanomedicine. Hydrophobic drug absorption is facilitated by the nanomedicine: (a) increasing the dissolution rate of hydrophobic molecules, (b) adhering to and penetrating the mucus layer and thus enabling intimate contact between the drug and the gastrointestinal epithelium absorptive cells, and (c) enhancing the ...
Chitosan Oligosaccharide - Car Part - Vehicle Parts - Auto Parts & Accessories - Products - Cn-Jingyun.com
Chitosan Oligosaccharide Appearance: Yellow and light brown Odor: Sightly smell as acetic acid Molecular weight: less than 1500,less than 3000,less than5000 Degree of polymerization (DP): 2-10 Particle size: ≥100 mesh Moisture: ≤10% Residue on ignition ：
The influence of pH on the adsorption and interaction of chitosan with cellulose :: BioResources
The pH dependent adsorption behavior of chitosan onto a cellulose model surface was studied by quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation (QCM-D). The molecular level interactions between adsorbed chitosan layers were studied by atom force microscopy (AFM) colloidal probe force measurements in the liquid phase. Adsorption of chitosan increased with pH below the solubility limit of the polymer. The adsorption behavior could not be accounted for solely on the basis of electrostatic interactions; thus a specific interaction between the polymers existed. Swelling and viscoelastic properties of the adsorbed chitosan layer were strongly influenced by pH. At high pH, the layer deswelled and became more elastic due to insolubility of the chitosan. The colloidal probe force measurements showed a rise of electrosteric repulsion after adsorption of chitosan at pH 5. Above the solubility limit of the chitosan, at pH 7, the pull-off force and its range clearly increased compared to lower pH values, ...
中国科学院大连化学物理研究所机构知识库(DICP OpenIR): Chitosan oligosaccharides inhibit TNF-alpha-induced VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 expression in human...
This study aimed to investigate the inhibitive effects of chitosan oligosaccharides (COS) on tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha-induced over-expression of vascular adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). We found that COS effectively inhibited TNF-alpha-induced expression of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 at the level of transcription and translation. Signal transduction studies suggested that COS blocked TNF-alpha-induced activation of NF-kappa B, degradation of I kappa B alpha, and phosphorylation of p38 MAPK and ERK1/2. A further investigation showed that the NF-kappa B activation can be partly suppressed by p38 MAPK inhibitor (58203580) and ERK1/2 inhibitor (PD98059), which also ameliorated the mRNA expression of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in TNF-alpha-induced HUVECs. Additionally, COS decreased U937 monocyte adhesion to HUVECs induced by TNF-alpha. Our findings suggest that COS inhibit VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 production in activated ...
Layer-by-Layer Assembly of Inactivated Poliovirus and N-Trimethyl Chitosan on pH-Sensitive Microneedles for Dermal Vaccination....
Sigma-Aldrich offers abstracts and full-text articles by [Koen van der Maaden, Emine Sekerdag, Pim Schipper, Gideon Kersten, Wim Jiskoot, Joke Bouwstra].
Polimery - Effects of butanetetracarboxylic acid and chitosan on the properties of formaldehyde free finish for cotton fabrics
Z. Hehn, A. Gawdzik, J. Sajewicz: Effects of butanetetracarboxylic acid and chitosan on the properties of formaldehyde free finish for cotton fabrics, Polimery, No 6/2005, 463. The effects of butanetetracarboxylic acid (BTK acid) in amount up to 40 kg/m3 and chitosan in amount up to 5 kg/m3 on application properties of finish baths were determined...
Magnetic Alginate / Chitosan Nanoparticles for Targeted Delivery of Curcumin into Human Breast Cancer Cells[v1] | Preprints
Curcumin is a promising anti-cancer drug but its applications in cancer therapy are limited due to its poor solubility, short half-life and low bioavailability. In this study, curcumin loaded magnetic alginate / chitosan nanoparticles were fabricated to improve the bioavailability, uptake efficiency and cytotoxicity of curcumin to MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Alginate and chitosan were deposited on Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles based on their electrostatic properties. The sizes of the nanoparticles (120-200 nm) were within the optimum range for drug delivery. Sustained curcumin release was obtained use the nanoparticles with the ability to control the curcumin release rate by altering the number of chitosan and alginate layers. Confocal fluorescence microscopy results showed that targeted delivery of curcumin with the aid of magnetic field were achieved. The FACS assay indicated that MDA-MB-231 cells treated with curcumin loaded nanoparticles had a 3-6 folds uptake efficiency to those treated with
Chitosan gel containing polymeric nanocapsules : a new formulation for vaginal drug delivery
The vaginal route of administration is an alternative for several treatments for either local or systemic pharmacological effects. However, the permanence of a drug in this route represents a challenge for formulation development that can be overcome by using nanoencapsulation and chitosan gel. Thus, this work aimed to evaluate the performance of chitosan hydrogels containing cationic and anionic acrylic-based nanocapsules (Eudragit® RS 100 and Eudragit® S 100, respectively) with Nile red as a model of lipophilic substance in the vaginal route of administration, as measured by increases in the residence time and the penetration of these formulations. Several formulations were prepared with increasing chitosan concentrations, and were analyzed in terms of pH and rheological behavior so that the most suitable formulation could be selected. The enhancement of the adhesion (tensile stress test and washability profile) and penetration (confocal laser scanning microscopy and extraction followed by ...
中国科学院海洋研究所机构知识库(IOCAS-IR): Chitosan, hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan and sulfated chitosan nanoparticles as...
Chitosan (CS) and its water-soluble derivatives, hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan (HACC) and sulfated chitosan (SCS), were used as adjuvants of inactivated Newcastle disease (ND) vaccine. First, NDV-loaded and blank CS, HACC/CS and SCS nanoparticles were prepared. The particle sizes were respectively 343.43 +/- 4.12, 320.03 +/- 0.84, 156.2 +/- 9.29 nm and the zeta potentials were respectively +19.67 +/- 0.58, +18.3 +/- 0.5, -17.8 +/- 2.65 mV under the optimal conditions. Then chickens were immunized with nanoparticles or commercial inactivated oil emulsion vaccine. After immunization, the humoral immunity levels of the chickens were evaluated. The cellular immunity levels were determined by the quantification of cytokines, lymphocyte proliferation assay, the percentages of CD4(+) and CD8(+) T lymphocytes. Finally, the chickens were challenged with highly virulent virus. The results demonstrated that the humoral immunity levels in NDV-loaded CS and HACC/CS nanoparticles groups ...
ROLE OF CHITOSAN AND EUDRAGIT IN POLYMER - BASED EXTENDED RELEASE MATRIX TABLETS - A REVIEW | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF...
Abstract The present article describes the recent role of polymers as carriers for delivery of drug at target site to extending its release. These polymers are widely used in delivery due to their inherent characteristics such as biocompatibility, biodegradability. Chitosan and Eudragit are choice of drug in extended release matrix tablets. Chitosan is an amino polysaccharide polymer which is biodegradable, biocompatibility and nontoxic nature. Due to its cationic nature, Chitosan form complex with anions like Eudragit giving rise to polyelectrolyte complexes. Chitosan enhances the dissolution of poor soluble drugs. Similarly Eudragit polymers are also copolymers derived from esters of acrylic and methacrylic acid and have large number of applications in extending drug delivery. This article reviewed the role of Chitosan and Eudragit in controlled release drug formulations. Also, the article included role, property and uses of Chitosan and Eudragit and their use in different drug delivery system ...
Scientific.Net: Materials Science
Abstract: Nanocomposite chitosan-based films incorporated with drug-loaded methoxy poly(ethylene glycol)-b-poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) diblock copolymers (MPEG-b-PDLLG) nanoparticles were prepared by forming drug-loaded nanoparticles in chitosan solution before suspension-solution film casting. Salicylic acid was used as a poorly-water soluble model drug. The nanocomposite films with DLL/G ratios of 100/0 and 85/15 mol% and chitosan/diblock copolymer/drug ratios of 80/1/1, 80/2/2 and 80/4/4 (w/w) were prepared and investigated. The sizes of drug-loaded nanoparticles into the chitosan films were approximate or less than 100 nm. Nanopores were observed in the resulted chitosan films incorporated with drug-loaded nanoparticles when the diblock copolymer ratio was increased up to 2. Number and size of the nanopores increased as increasing the diblock copolymer ratio. Only the nanocomposite films with chitosan/diblock copolymer/drug ratio of 80/1/1 (w/w) showed slower drug release than the ...
Evaluation of F127 / chitosan hydrogel as a scaffold for bone repair
An in situ gelled scaffold for bone tissue engineering to restore the function of bone tissues is developed. The gel is comprised of Pluronic F127 and chitosan. The gelation temperature (Tgel), and viscoelastic properties and mucoadhesive force of the systems were investigated by means of rheological analyses. At specific concentrations, the hydrogel exhibited a Tgel close to the body temperature due to the addition of chitosan. Mucoadhesion experiments showed a rheological synergism between F127/chitosan gels and mucin dispersion, and a change in the flow behavior. In vitro release results indicated that the optimized gel was able to prolong and control acyclovir release for more than 20 min. Based on cell proliferation assay, the gel exhibited biocompatibility for osteoblasts.
Glycosaminoglycan/chitosan hydrogel for matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte implantation: An in vitro study<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Glycosaminoglycan/chitosan hydrogel for matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte implantation. T2 - An in vitro study. AU - Fan, Fang Yu. AU - Chiu, Chien Chang. AU - Tseng, Ching Li. AU - Lee, Hsuan Shu. AU - Pan, Yung Ning. AU - Yang, Kai Chiang. PY - 2014. Y1 - 2014. N2 - Matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte implantation (MACI) is an effective treatment for full-thickness cartilage and osteochondral lesions with encouraging outcomes. However, problems include abnormal growth of chondrocytes during cultivation, cell dedifferentiation, and abnormally regenerated cartilage. A matrix that provides a physicochemical and biological microenvironment for restoring hypertrophic chondrocytes would be beneficial for MACI. Accordingly, this study evaluates the feasibility of using an injectable glycosaminoglycan (GAG)/chitosan hydrogel for MACI. Chitosan gel was prepared and GAGs (hyaluronan and chondroitin-6-sulfate) were added to fabricate a GAG/chitosan matrix. Porcine chondrocytes ...
Functionality of chitosan‐halloysite nanocomposite films for sustained delivery of antibiotics: The effect of chitosan molar...
This study was designed to investigate functionality of tetracycline‐loaded chitosan‐halloysite nanocomposite films, with focus on evaluating the influence of chitosan molar mass on films applicability for sustained local antibiotic delivery. The films were prepared by casting and solvent evaporation using low, medium, and high molar mass chitosan. SEM analysis revealed compact, nonporous and rough surface of the nanocomposite films due to the presence of halloysite agglomerates and tetracycline crystals. Increasing chitosan molar mass led to higher values of elongation at break (from 21.65 ± 2.65 to 34.48 ± 2.34%), tensile strength (from 134.8 ± 13.21 to 246.36 ± 14.69 MPa), and elastic modulus (from 633.79 ± 128.37 to 716.55 ± 60.76 MPa) of the nanocomposite films. FT‐IR, XRPD, and thermal analyses confirmed molar mass dependent chitosan‐halloysite interactions and improved thermal stability of the nanocomposite films in comparison with chitosan films. The nanocomposite films ...
Effects of sodium acetate buffer on chitosan sponge properties and in vivo degradation in a rat intramuscular model - BIOQUANT...
Chitosan sponges were developed for adjunctive local antibiotic delivery to reduce bacteria in wounds. There is a need to increase sponge degradation for rapid clearance from the wound site during initial wound care. This work examined the effect of using 0.25 M sodium acetate buffers, at pH 4.6 or 5.6, to fabricate sponges with an amorphous chitosan polymer structure. Sponges were evaluated for their crystallinity, thermal, spectroscopic, and morphological properties, in addition to in vitro degradation, and cytocompatibility analysis using normal human dermal fibroblasts. In vivo degradation and biocompatibility were also examined after 4 and 10 days in rat intramuscular tissues. Both buffered chitosan sponge variations exhibited decreases in crystallinity and thermal decomposition temperatures, and increases in surface roughness, which resulted in over 40% increases in degradation over 10 days in vitro compared to the neutral sponges. There were no significant differences between sponges ...
Development of Dorzolamide Loaded 6-O-Carboxymethyl Chitosan Nanoparticles for Open Angle Glaucoma : Figure 11
Figure 11: DSC thermograms of (a) DRZ loaded OCM-CSNPs, (b) Blank OCM-CSNPs, and (c) DRZ powder. Thermogram showed a shift in endotherm when DRZ was loaded showing a strong interaction of DRZ with OCM-CS. Abbreviations: OCM-CSNPs, 6-O-carboxymethyl chitosan nanoparticles; DRZ, dorzolamide hydrochloride; DSC, differential scanning calorimetry ...
In-situ analysis of polyelectrolyte complexes by flow cytometry<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - In-situ analysis of polyelectrolyte complexes by flow cytometry. AU - Strand, Anders. AU - Vähäsalo, L. AU - Ketola, A. AU - Salminen, K. AU - Retulainen, E. AU - Sundberg, Anna. N1 - 3pk. PY - 2018. Y1 - 2018. KW - Polyelectrolyte complex. KW - CMC. KW - Structural density. KW - Light scattering. KW - cationic starch. KW - Polyelectrolyte complex. KW - CMC. KW - Structural density. KW - Light scattering. KW - cationic starch. KW - Polyelectrolyte complex. KW - CMC. KW - Structural density. KW - Light scattering. KW - cationic starch. U2 - 10.1007/s10570-018-1832-1. DO - 10.1007/s10570-018-1832-1. M3 - Artikel. VL - 25. SP - 3781. EP - 3795. JO - Cellulose. JF - Cellulose. SN - 0969-0239. IS - 7. ER - ...
Properties of chitosan-filled polypropylene (PP) composites: The effect of acetic acid
The main objective of this research was to investigate the effect of chitosan content and chemical modification with acetic acid on mechanical and thermal properties of PP/Chitosan. It was found that the tensile strength, elongation at break and crystallinity of untreated PP/Chitosan composites decreased with increasing filler content; however, Youngs modulus and thermal stability increased. The treated chitosan with acetic acid have improved the tensile strength and Youngs modulus of PP/Chitosan composites. The thermal analysis results show that chemical modified chitosan had increase thermal stability and crystallinity of treated PP/Chitosan composites. The scanning electron microscopy (SEM) study of the tensile fracture surface of treated PP/Chitosan composites indicated that the presence of acetic acid increased the interfacial interaction between chitosan and polypropylene ...
Physicochemical and Mechanical Properties of Composite of Chitosan Microspheres/Calcium Phosphate Cement
High-Performance Ceramics IV: Physicochemical and Mechanical Properties of Composite of Chitosan Microspheres/Calcium Phosphate Cement
A new route for chitosan immobilization onto polyethylene surface
Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) belongs to commodity polymer materials applied in biomedical applications due to its favorable mechanical and chemical properties. The main disadvantage of LDPE in biomedical applications is low resistance to bacterial infections. An antibacterial modification of LDPE appears to be a solution to this problem. In this paper, the chitosan and chitosan/pectin multilayer was immobilized via polyacrylic acid (PAA) brushes grafted on the LDPE surface. The grafting was initiated by a low-temperature plasma treatment of the LDPE surface. Surface and adhesive properties of the samples prepared were investigated by surface analysis techniques. An antibacterial effect was confirmed by inhibition zone measurements of Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). The chitosan treatment of LDPE led to the highest and most clear inhibition zones (35 mm ; 2 for E. coli and 275 mm ; 2 for S. aureus ...
Biocompatible and Antibacterial Nitric Oxide-Releasing Pluronic F-127/Chitosan Hydrogel for Topical Applications[v1] | Preprints
Nitric oxide (NO) is involved in physiological processes, including vasodilatation, wound healing and antibacterial activities. As NO is a free radical, designing drugs to generate therapeutic amounts of NO in controlled spatial and time manners is still a challenge. In this study, the NO donor S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was incorporated into the thermoresponsive Pluronic F-127 (PL) - chitosan (CS) hydrogel, with an easy and economically feasible methodology. CS is a polysaccharide with known antimicrobial properties. Scanning electron microscopy, rheology and differential scanning calorimetry techniques were used for hydrogel characterization. The results demonstrated that the hydrogel has a smooth surface, thermoresponsive behavior and good mechanical stability. The kinetics of NO release and GSNO diffusion from GSNO-containing PL/CS hydrogel demonstrated a sustained NO/GSNO release, in concentrations suitable for biomedical applications. The GSNO-PL/CS hydrogel demonstrated a concentration-dependent
Buy Didanosine online, Where to Buy Didanosine 250mg Cheap - Gravatar Profile
It will be a requirement for the formation of a stoma or ileostomy, Preparation of AB loaded chitosan nanoparticles it is likely that you will to take them for the rest of your life. Clinical measurements were made using williams periodontal probe with graduation to a precision of 1 mm. didanosine kansas city buy Video of epidural steroid injection As bilirubin starts to accumulate in the blood stream it can give someone a yellowish color to their skin and eyes. order didanosine ...
KR20050014100A - Functional tangmyen and Its preparation - Google Patents
PURPOSE: Functional starch vermicelli(tangmyeon) and a preparation method thereof are provided, which starch vermicelli(tangmyeon) has nutrition and function of green tea and chitosan, and maintains its native texture taste. CONSTITUTION: The method for preparing the functional starch vermicelli(tangmyeon) comprises the steps of: mixing 95 to 99 wt.% of potato or sweet potato starch with 1 to 5 wt.% of pulverized green tea leaves with 100 to 200 meshes to prepare mixed starch for starch vermicelli(tangmyeon); mixing 11 to 19 wt.% of potato or sweet potato starch, 2 to 10 wt.% of chitosan solution wherein chitosan has the molecular weight of 10,000 to 50,000 dalton and deacetylation degree of 90 to 95%, and 69 to 86 wt.% of water to prepare gruel; mixing 55 to 65 wt.% of the mixed starch for starch vermicelli(tangmyeon) with 35 to 45 wt.% of gruel and kneading the mixture; removing the air from the dough for starch vermicelli(tangmyeon); and preparing starch vermicelli(tangmyeon) using the dough.
Biodegradable injectable sheet as transscleral drug delivery system | IOVS | ARVO Journals
Purpose : To evaluate the in vitro and in vivo drug release of a biodegradable injectable sheet made of cross-linked chitosan and gelatin mixture. Methods : Gelatin and chitosan were solved in water and 1% acetic acid at concentrations of 5 wt% and 2.5 wt%, respectively. Then, 5 wt% gelatin and 2.5 wt% chitosan was mixed at the ratio of 3 : 2 (vol). The drug was mixed with the 3 wt% gelatin/1 wt% chitosan mixture. Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC), FITC-labeled dextran 150 kDa (FD150), and FITC-labeled albumin (FITC-ALB) were used as drugs. Immedeately after adding water soluble carbodiimide in the gelatin/chitosan/drug mixture at final concentration of 10 mg/mL, 3 μL of the mixture was cast in the polydimethylsilane (PDMS) mold (internal diameter; 2.76 mm, depth; 0.5 mm). Then, the cross-linked gels were dried for 1 hour at room temperutere to make flexible sheets. The sheets were incubated in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) at 37 degrees C. The drug concentration in PBS were measured ...
Global Chitosan Gel Market Research Report 2021
Global Chitosan Gel Market Research Report 2021|br /| with 105 pages available at USD 2900 for single User PDF at ReportsWeb research database.
Layer-by-layer assemblies of chitosan and heparin: effect of ionic strength and pH
The growth of polysaccharide multilayers consisting of positively charged chitosan (CH) and negatively charged heparin (HEP) was monitored in situ by employing a quartz crystal microbalance (QCM-D) and dual-polarization interferometry (DPI). The main focus was on how the physicochemical properties of the solution affect the growth and structure of the resulting multilayer film These results showed that when increasing the ionic strength of the polysaccharide solutions at a fixed pH, both the dry (optical) (DPI) mass and wet (QCM) mass of the adsorbed multilayer film increased. The same effect was found when increasing the pH while keeping the ionic strength constant. Furthermore, the growth of multilayers showed an exponential-like behavior independent of the solution conditions that were used in this study. It was also established that chitosan was the predominant species present in the chitosan heparin multilayer film. We discuss the viscoelastic properties of the adsorbed layers and their ...
Chitosan Market for Water Treatment, Biomedicine & Pharmaceutics, Industrial, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Agrochemical and...
MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on Chitosan Market for Water Treatment, Biomedicine & Pharmaceutics, Industrial, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Agrochemical and Other Applications. Description. This report covers the forecast and analysis of the chitosan market on global and regional levels. The study provides historic data of 2013 along with the forecast from 2014 to 2020, based on both volume (Tons) and revenue (USD million). The study includes drivers and restraints of the chitosan market, along with their impact on demand and production during the forecast period. Additionally, the report comprises the study of opportunities available in the market on the global and regional level.. We have included a detailed value chain analysis in order to provide a comprehensive view of this market. An analysis of Porters five forces model has also been included to help understand the competitive landscape in the market. The study encompasses market attractiveness ...
Indian Patents. 256134:A PROCESS FOR THE PREPARATION OF ALGINATE NANOPARTICLES
In accordance with this invention, an aqueous solution of drug or drugs and alginate is prepared in DW/NS/PBS with an alginate: drug ratio of 1:6-1:8 w/w and a final alginate concentration of 0.05-0.07% w/v. Methanol may be added (if one of the drug is hydrophobic) in a ratio of 0.2:1-10 v/v. The mixture can comprise an excess amount of drug solution or sodium alginate solution, but which would only constitute a waste. To the mixture is added an aqueous solution of calcium chloride (drug-alginate solution: calcium chloride solution-18:1-22:1 v/v) with a molarity of calcium chloride maintained between 15-20mM. To the mixture is further added an aqueous solution of chitosan (drug-alginate solution: chitosan solution=8:1-12:1 v/v) with an alginatexhitosan ratio maintained preferably, but not limited to a ratio between 4:1-7:1 w/w. The nanoparticles formed are left as such for l-18h and subsequently collected by centrifugation at 19,000-37,000 rpm, at 4°C-30°C for 30 min-45 min ...
中国科学院大连化学物理研究所机构知识库(DICP OpenIR): Swelling behaviour of alginate-chitosan microcapsules prepared by external gelation or...
Swelling behaviour is one of the important properties for microcapsules made by hydrogels, which always affects the diffusion and release of drugs when the microcapsules are applied in drug delivery systems. In this paper, alginate-chitosan microcapsules were prepared by different technologies called external or internal gelation process respectively. With the volume swelling degree (S-w) as an index, the effect of properties of chitosan on the swelling behaviour of both microcapsules was investigated. It was demonstrated that the microcapsules with low molecular weight and high concentration of chitosan gave rise to low S-w. Considering the need of maintaining drug activity and drug loading, neutral pH and short gelation time were favorable. It was also noticed that S-w of internal gelation microcapsules was lower than that of external gelation microcapsules, which was interpreted by the structure analysis of internal or external gelation Ca-alginate beads with the aid of confocal laser ...
Ibuprofen loaded Chitosan/ Poly (maleic anhydride -alt -vinyl acetate) submicronic capsules for pain treatment - Laboratoire...
Iurea Delia, Popa Marcel, Chailan Jean-François, Tamba Bogdan, Ionut Tudorancea, Peptu Catalina Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers (2013) 28(4), 368-384 ...
Composite System Based on Chitosan and Room-Temperature Ionic Liquid: Direct Electrochemistry and Electrocatalysis of...
Multifunctional Biomaterials from the Sea: Assessing the effects of Chitosan incorporation into Collagen Scaffolds on...
Natural biomaterials such as collagen show promise in tissue engineering applications due to their inherent bioactivity. The main limitation of collagen is its low mechanical strength and somewhat unpredictable and rapid degradation rate; however, combining collagen with another material, such as chitosan, can reinforce the scaffold mechanically and may improve the rate of degradation. Additionally, the high cost and the risk of prion transmission associated with mammal-derived collagen has prompted research into alternative sources such as marine-origin collagen. In this context, the overall goal of this study was to determine if the incorporation of chitosan into collagen scaffolds could improve the mechanical and biological properties of the scaffold. In addition the study assessed if collagen, derived from salmon skin (marine), can provide an alternative to collagen derived from bovine tendon (mammal) for tissue engineering applications. Scaffold architecture and mechanical properties were ...
NAVER 학술정보 | Removal of azo dyes from aqueous solutions using chitosan based composite hydrogels
Some cationic composite hydrogels based on chitosan (CS) and poly (N-2-aminoethyl acrylamide) (PAEA) covalently cross-linked with glutaraldehyde (GA) were tested as novel sorbents for two dis-azo dyes: Congo Red and Direct Blue 1. Three CS-based composite hydrogels having different molar ratios between the primary amine groups and the cross-linking agent (GA/NH2 = 5.3 and 12.5), the same total concentration of polycations (CPC = 2 wt%) and two molar ratios between polycations (PAEA:CS = 0.25 and 1.2) were used for this study. Pseudo-first order model, pseudo-second order model and the intraparticle diffusion model were used to analyze the experimental data in order to establish the mechanism of adsorption. The adsorption kinetics has been well described by the pseudo-second order model. The effect of temperature on the adsorption of both dyes has been also investigated.
Complex Coacervates between a Lactose-Modified Chitosan and Hyaluronic Acid as Radical-Scavenging Drug Carriers | Archivio...
Complex coacervation of two oppositely charged polysaccharides, namely a lactose-modified chitosan (CTL) and hyaluronan (HA), was investigated in this study. Coacervates of the two polysaccharides were prepared by drop-by-drop injection of HA into CTL. Transmittance and dynamic light scattering (DLS) measurements in combination with TEM analyses demonstrated the formation of spheroidal colloids in the nano-/microsize range showing good homogeneity. Strikingly, the presence of 150 mM supporting NaCl did not hamper the colloid formation. Stability studies on selected formulations demonstrated that HA/CTL coacervates were stable up to 3 weeks at 37 °C and behaved as pH-responsive colloids since transition from entangled to disentangled chains was attained for a proper pH range. The possibility of freeze-drying the coacervates for storage purposes and the ability of encapsulating selected payloads were investigated as well, for two values of the fraction of the lactitol side-chain substitution ...
Preparation of novel tissue acidosis-responsive chitosan drug nanoparticles: Characterization and in vitro release properties...
The pH-responsive intelligent drug release facility of hydrophobically modified chitosan nanoparticles (Chit NPs) (d = 5.2 +/- 1.1 nm) was presented in the case of poorly water soluble Ca2+ channel blocker nimodipine (NIMO) drug molecules. The adequate pH-sensitivity, i.e. the suitable drug carrier properties of the initial hydrophilic Chit were achieved by reductive amination of Chit with hexanal (C6(-)) and dodecanal (C12(-)) aldehydes. The successful modifications of the macromolecule were evidenced via FTIR measurements: the band appearing at 1412 cm(-1) (C-N stretching in aliphatic amines) in the cases of the hydrophobically modified Chit samples shows that the C-N bond successfully formed between the Chit and the aldehydes. Hydrophobization of the polymer unambiguously led to lower water contents with lower intermolecular interactions in the prepared hydrogel matrix: the initial hydrophilic Chit has the highest water content (78.6 wt%) and the increasing hydrophobicity of the polymer ...
Natural Polymer International Salaries, Average Salary & Jobs Pay
From millions of real job salary data. 16 Natural Polymer International salary data. Average Natural Polymer International salary is $52,562 Detailed Natural Polymer International starting salary, median salary, pay scale, bonus data report
Hybrid chitosan-alginate scaffolds for bone and cartilage tissue engineering
The regeneration of new bone or cartilage to restore the function of traumatized, damaged, or lost bone or cartilage is a major clinical and socioeconomic burden. In recent years, a new cutting-edge procedure, bone- and cartilage-tissue engineering, has emerged as a new strategy for healing musculoskeletal conditions. In this strategy, progenitors or mature cells are combined with biocompatible scaffolds to initiate partial or full bone and/or cartilage regeneration.Scaffolding materials in tissue engineering should be bioactive and biodegradable. The synthetic polymers, such as PLA and PGA, are biodegradable, but not bioactive. Furthermore, their bulky degradation style and induction of foreign body reaction limit their clinical applications. Chitosan and alginate, two natural polymers, have proven to be biodegradable and bioactive for bone and cartilage regeneration. In this study, high-concentration (4.8% w/v) chitosan-alginate hybrid scaffolds were successfully synthesized through a ...
Inhibition of Glomerular Mesangial Cell Proliferation by siPDGF-B- and siPDGFR-beta-Containing Chitosan Nanoplexes
Mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis is a disease that has a high incidence in humans. In this disease, the proliferation of glomerular mesangial cells and the production of extracellular matrix are important. In recent years, the RNAi technology has been widely used in the treatment of various diseases due to its capability to inhibit the gene expression with high specificity and targeting. The objective of this study was to decrease mesangial cell proliferation by knocking down PDGF-B and its receptor, PDGFR-beta. To be able to use small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) in the treatment of this disease successfully, it is necessary to develop appropriate delivery systems. Chitosan, which is a biopolymer, is used as a siRNA delivery system in kidney drug targeting. In order to deliver siRNA molecules targeted at PDGF-B and PDGFR-beta, chitosan/siRNA nanoplexes were prepared. The in vitro characterization, transfection studies, and knockdown efficiencies were studied in immortalized and primary rat ...
Effect of Chitosan Nanoparticles as Active Coating on Chemical Quality and Oil Uptake of Fish Fingers : Journal of Agriculture...
Journal of Anthropology and Archaeology is a peer-reviewed international journal, which publishes original papers promoting theoretical, methodological and empirical developments in the discipline of socio-cultural anthropology.
Polymeric Micelles of Modified Chitosan Block Copolymer as Nanocarrier for Delivery of Paclitaxel | Bentham Science
Title:Polymeric Micelles of Modified Chitosan Block Copolymer as Nanocarrier for Delivery of Paclitaxel. VOLUME: 9 ISSUE: 1. Author(s):V. Lather, V. Saini and D. Pandita*. Affiliation:Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, JCDM College of Pharmacy, Sirsa-125055, Haryana, Department of Pharmaceutics, JCDM College of Pharmacy, Sirsa-125055, Haryana, Department of Pharmaceutics, JCDM College of Pharmacy, Sirsa-125055, Haryana. Keywords:Polymeric micelles, amphiphilic, self assembly, chitosan, paclitaxel, copolymer.. Abstract:Background: Polymeric micelles are being used as successful nanocarriers for the delivery of diverse drug molecules due to properties like solubilization, selective targeting, P-glycoprotein inhibition, altered drug internalization route and subcellular localization etc. Objective: The present investigation was planned to prepare and characterize novel polymeric micelles derived from self assembly of amphiphilic chitosan-bile salt derivative (CS-mPEG-DA) as nanocarrier and ...
Evaluation of Removal Efficiency of Cr (VI) Ions from Aqueous Solution Using Chitosan
In this research, chitosan was used for the removal of Cr (VI) ions from aqueous solution. The effect of parameters like solution pH, initial Cr (VI) concentration, agitation time, amount of adsorbent and agitation speed on the adsorption process was studied. The experimental equilibrium data were analyzed by using various models such as Langmuir and Freundlich. Freundlich isotherm model fitted well with data. In addition, the experimental data was fitted to kinetic models including the pseudo-first-order and pseudo-second-order and based on calculated respective parameters such as rate constants, equilibrium adsorption capacities and correlation coefficients. The removal process follows the pseudo-second-order kinetic model. The results suggest that chitosan could be employed as a low-cost material for the removal of Cr(VI) ions from aqueous solutions.Â Â Â
Calories in Stacker 3 With Chitosan Thermogenic Weight Loss Pill - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com
Calories in Stacker 3 With Chitosan Thermogenic Weight Loss Pill. Find nutrition facts for Stacker 3 With Chitosan Thermogenic Weight Loss Pill and over 2,000,000 other foods in MyFitnessPal.coms food database.
Flocculation Chitosan - Browse fuzing.com to find Flocculation chitosan sellers, suppliers, wholesalers, companies, manufacturers, exporters, factories.
Ispitivanje sigurnosti primjene poloksamersko-kitozanskih micela s uklopljenim melatoninom na staničnom modelu epitela rožnice ...
In this thesis poloxamer and poloxamer-chitosan nanosystems loaded with melatonin or without melatonin were prepared using direct dissolution method. The main technological characteristics of prepared nanosystems (size, size distribution and surface charge) were deterimined. The mean particle size of poloxamer and poloxamer-chitosan nanosystems without melatonin are between 23.3 and 24.5 nm, the polydispersity index values are in the range from 0.315 to 0.340. The zeta potential of poloxamer micelles without addition of chitosan in acetate buffer pH 6.0 is around 0 mV, due to the nonionic nature of poloxamer. The zeta potential of particles in poloxamer-chitosan nanonsystems is around 1.5 mV because chitosan at this pH is only partially protonated, and the part of chitosan charge shadowed by nonionic poloxamer micelles. An average hydrodynamic diameter of melatonin loaded poloxamer and poloxamer-chitosan micelles are in the range from 20.0 to 20.7 nm; the polydispersity index is from 0.176 to ...
Application of nanoparticle in photodynamic diagnosis for colorectal cancer
Photodynamic medicine is a novel approach for cancer therapy and diagonosis via different photosensitizers and suitable light source. The 5-Aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) can be converted into protoporphyrin IX (Pp IX ) that can be utilized as a fluorescent probe for tumor detection, however, this biosynthetic pathway also can be occurred in normal flora, including E. coli, in the colon and rectum that influence the efficacy of tumor detection. In this study, 5-ALA was encapsulated in chitosan nanoparticles to prevent uptake of E. coli. This result implied that chitosan can exclude the influence of normal flora inside the gut and serves as an ideal vector of colon-specific drug delivery system. According to this concept, we designed a novel photodynamic detection system to enhance the accuracy of endoscopic diagnosis for early colorectal cancer.
Purification of DP 6 to 8 chitooligosaccharides by nanofiltration from the prepared chitooligosaccharides syrup | Bioresources...
Chitooligosaccharides (COS) with degrees of polymerization (DP) 6 to 8 are degraded from chitosan, which possess excellent bioactivities. However, technologies that could purify them from hydrolysis mixtures in the narrow DP range (984 to 1,306 Da) are absent. The objective of this research is to purify DP 6 to 8 COS by nanofiltration on the basis of appropriate adjustments of the feed condition. Syrup containing DP 6 to 8 COS at different concentrations (19.0 to 46.7 g/L) was prepared. A commercial membrane (QY-5-NF-1812) negatively charged was applied. Experiments were carried out in full recycle mode, so that the observed COS retentions were investigated at various transmembrane pressures (6.0 to 20.0 bar), temperatures (10°C to 50°C), and pHs (5.0 to 9.0). Then, the feasibility of separation of DP 6 to 8 COS was further studied by concentration ratio under optimum conditions. The results indicate that the purification of DP 6 to 8 COS by nanofiltration NF is feasible. It was found that the
Assembly of polyelectrolyte-containing block copolymers in aqueous media<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Assembly of polyelectrolyte-containing block copolymers in aqueous media. AU - Cohen Stuart, Martien A.. AU - Hofs, Bas. AU - Voets, Ilja K.. AU - de Keizer, Arie. PY - 2005/8/1. Y1 - 2005/8/1. N2 - In this review we present an overview of the developments of (self-)assembly of linear block copolymers containing one or more polyelectrolyte blocks in aqueous solution. Different micellar structures and phase behaviour are described. The role of inter- and intramolecular complex coacervation is emphasised. Recent developments in applications of assembly of polyelectrolyte-containing copolymers are presented.. AB - In this review we present an overview of the developments of (self-)assembly of linear block copolymers containing one or more polyelectrolyte blocks in aqueous solution. Different micellar structures and phase behaviour are described. The role of inter- and intramolecular complex coacervation is emphasised. Recent developments in applications of assembly of ...
Assessment of the Quorum Sensing Inhibition Activity of a Non-Toxic Chitosan in an N-Acyl Homoserine Lactone (AHL)-Based...
New approaches to deal with drug-resistant pathogenic bacteria are urgent. We studied the antibacterial effect of chitosans against an |i|Escherichia coli|/i| quorum sensing biosensor reporter strain and selected a non-toxic chitosan to evaluate its quorum sensing (QS) inhibition activity and its ef …
Chitosan-Based Macromolecular Biomaterials for the Regeneration of Chondroskeletal and Nerve Tissue - IMT Institutional...
The use of materials, containing the biocompatible and bioresorbable biopolymer poly()-2-amino-2-deoxy--D-glucan, containing some N-acetyl-glucosamine units (chitosan, CHI) and/or its derivatives, to fabricate devices for the regeneration of bone, cartilage and nerve tissue, was reviewed. The CHI-containing devices, to be used for bone and cartilage regeneration and healing, were tested mainly for in vitro cell adhesion and proliferation and for insertion into animals; only the use of CHI in dental surgery has reached the clinical application. Regarding the nerve tissue, only a surgical repair of a 35 mm-long nerve defect in the median nerve of the right arm at elbow level with an artificial nerve graft, comprising an outer microporous conduit of CHI and internal oriented filaments of poly(glycolic acid), was reported. As a consequence, although many positive results have been obtained, much work must still be made, especially for the passage from the experimentation of the CHI-based devices, in ...
Preparation and Properties of Hydroxyecdysone Microcapsules by Complex Coacervation - Dissertation
Green Pesticide Formulation Development is the focus of current research . Mainly related to the ultra-efficient , low toxicity ( or non-toxic ) , low-residue , environmental pollution , chemical pe
NEWS - IFT.org
Applying edible coatings to prewashed blueberries may help to extend their shelf life, reported Oregon State University researchers, who propose that the technique may open up new markets for the sale of blueberries.. Fresh untreated, unwashed blueberries have a shelf life of one to eight weeks, depending on the variety, ripeness at harvest, method of harvest, presence of disease, and storage conditions. Washing the blueberries before packing and storing them can increase deterioration.. The researchers conducted two years of trials in which they washed fresh blueberries with chlorinated water, dipped them in one of five different edible coatings, and placed them in storage containers. The coatings were Semperfresh™, a sucrose ester; acid-soluble chitosan (chitosan is derived from chitin, a substance found in the exoskeletons of insects and crustaceans); water-soluble chitosan; calcium caseinate; and sodium alginate, a polysaccharide found in the cell walls of brown algae.. --- PAGE BREAK ...
Anti-tumor activity of N-trimethyl chitosan-encapsulated camptothecin in a mouse melanoma model | Journal of Experimental &...
Nanoparticles may be defined as submicronic colloidal systems that are generally composed of polymers. In recent years, nanoparticles have been explored with some success in maintaining or improving the anti-tumor activity of the anticancer agents. Nanoparticles can penetrate into the membrane cells and spread along the nerve synapses, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, with the capacity of selectively accumulating in different cells and certain cell structures at the same time. The formulation of nanoparticles and physicochemical parameters such as pH, surface charge are critical for drug delivery. The interaction of drug carrier systems with the biological environment is important for designing strategies: these systems should be independent in the environment and selective at the pharmacological site. If designed appropriately, nanoparticles may act as a powerful drug vehicle able to target tumor tissues or cells and prevent the drug from inactivation during its transportation.. The ...
Chitosan-coated silica beads as immobilized metal affinity support for protein adsorption<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Chitosan-coated silica beads as immobilized metal affinity support for protein adsorption. AU - Shi, Qing-Hong. AU - Tian, Y. AU - Dong, X. AU - Bai, S. AU - Sun, Y. PY - 2003. Y1 - 2003. M3 - Article. VL - 16. SP - 317. EP - 322. JO - Biochemical Engineering Journal. JF - Biochemical Engineering Journal. SN - 1369-703X. IS - 3. ER - ...
Facile fabrication of porous chitosan/TiO2/Fe3O4 microspheres with multifunction for water purifications - New Journal of...
In this work, we came up with a novel concept to fabricate a new kind of composite chitosan/TiO2/Fe3O4 microspheres, which possess highly adsorptive, photocatalytic and magnetic properties. These multi-functional microspheres produced by electrospraying, a facile and low-cost method, have great engineering a
In situ chitosan gelation initiated by atmospheric plasma treatment
CitacióMolina, R. [et al.]. In situ chitosan gelation initiated by atmospheric plasma treatment. Carbohydrate polymers, 06 Gener 2014, vol. 103, p. 472-479 ...
chitosan/nano hydroxyapatite/silicon nanocomposite
Page contains details about chitosan/nano hydroxyapatite/silicon nanocomposite . It has composition images, properties, Characterization methods, synthesis, applications and reference articles : nano.nature.com
Among non-covalent bonds likely ionic interactions such as interactions of mucoadhesive chitosans with the anionically charged ... doi:10.1016/S0939-6411(03)00061-4. Bernkop-Schnürch, A; Dünnhaupt, S (August 2012). "Chitosan-based drug delivery systems". Eur ...
Jayakumer, R; Prabaharan, M; Muzzarelli, RAA (2011). Chitosan for Biomaterials I. Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-23114-8. Dumitriu, S ... chitosan-n-acetylcysteine&Search=Search https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=thiomer&Search=Search http://crstodayeurope ...
"Chitosan and thiolated chitosan: Novel therapeutic approach for preventing corneal haze after chemical injuries". Carbohydr. ... "Chitosan and thiolated chitosan: Novel therapeutic approach for preventing corneal haze after chemical injuries". Carbohydr. ... Bae, IH; Jeong, BC; Kook, MS; Kim, SH; Koh, JT (2013). "Evaluation of a thiolated chitosan scaffold for local delivery of BMP-2 ... In case of thiolated chitosan, for instance, a more than 10,000-fold increase in viscosity within a few minutes was shown . ...
One difference between chitin and chitosan is that chitosan is soluble in acidic aqueous solutions. Chitosan is easier to ... Chitosan is a deacetylated derivative of chitin. When the acetylized composition of the copolymer is below 50% it is chitosan. ... Due to its ease of processing, chitosan is used in biomedical applications. Collagen is a structural protein, often referred to ... Chitosan is a semicrystalline "polymer of β-(1-4)-2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucose". ...
Electrophoretic light scattering
pKa values of chitosans can be calculated from the dependency of electrophoretic mobility values on pH and charge density. Like ... "Chitosan-graft-polyethylenimine as a gene carrier." Journal of Controlled Release 117.2 (2007): 273-280. Hartford, S. L., and W ... "Electrophoretic light scattering studies of chitosans with different degrees of N-acetylation." Biomacromolecules 2.4 (2001): ... proteins, the size and zeta potential of chitosans can be determined through ELS. ELS has also been applied to nucleic acids ...
Chitosan, a frequently used example, is cationic. Since DNA is negatively charged, DNA could be attached to chitosan as a way ... Examples include chitosan, hyaluronic acid, and dextran. ...
Akkuş Çetinus Ş, Nursevin Öztop H (June 2003). "Immobilization of catalase into chemically crosslinked chitosan beads". Enzyme ...
Although the antimicrobial effect is attributed to antifungal properties of chitosan, it may be possible that the chitosan acts ... Chitosan has been used as a coating and appears to protect fresh vegetables and fruits from fungal degradation. ... Currently, work has involved the introduction of alkyl groups to the amine groups to make quaternized N-alkyl chitosan ... Cationic polymers such as chitosan promote cell adhesion. This is because charged amines interact with negative charges on the ...
Autologous patient-specific tumor antigen response
Song S, Zhou F, Nordquist RE, Carubelli R, Liu H, Chen WR (June 2009). "Glycated chitosan as a new non-toxic immunological ... Chen WR, Korbelik M, Bartels KE, Liu H, Sun J, Nordquist RE (2005). "Enhancement of laser cancer treatment by a chitosan- ...
... (EC 188.8.131.52) is an enzyme with systematic name chitosan N-acetylglucosaminohydrolase. This enzyme catalyses the ... 7-M chitosanase on partially N-acetylated chitosan". Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 56: 448-453. doi:10.1271/bbb.56.448. PMID ... linkages between D-glucosamine residues in a partly acetylated chitosan A whole spectrum of chitosanases are known. Fenton, D.M ...
Chandrasekar, Vaishnavi (2017). "Release Kinetics of Nisin from Chitosan-Alginate Complex Films". Journal of Food Science. 81 ...
"Nanostructured Hollow Tubes Based on Chitosan and Alginate Multilayers". Advanced Healthcare Materials. 3: 433-440. doi:10.1002 ...
After this the chitosan polymer chain forms micro fibrils. These fibers are embedded in an amorphous matrix consisting of ... Most fungi have chitin as structural polysaccharide, while zygomycetes synthesize chitosan, the deacetylated homopolymer of ... proteins, glucans (which putatively cross-link the chitosan fibers), mannoproteins, lipids and other compounds. Trisporic acid ...
"Structure and function of enzymes acting on chitin and chitosan". Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews. 27 (1): 331- ...
"Application of chitosan-based nanocarriers in tumor-targeted drug delivery". Mol. Biotechnol. 57 (3): 201-18. doi:10.1007/ ...
This ability allows chitosan to control distribution of cells inside the polymeric system. Thus, Type-I collagen obtained from ... Chitosan is a polysaccharide composed of randomly distributed β-(1-4)-linked D-glucosamine (deacetylated unit) and N-acetyl-D- ... Several groups have also investigated the use of chitosan which is a naturally derived polycation as a potential replacement ... Aiedeh K, Gianasi E, Orienti I, Zecchi V (1997). "chitosan microcapsules as controlled release systems for insulin". J ...
Quaternary ammonium cation
"Synthesis and antibacterial activities of quaternary ammonium salt of chitosan". Carbohydrate Res. 333 (1): 1-6. doi:10.1016/ ...
The cell wall of the fungus contains considerable amounts of chitosan. Moreover, the fungus is classified as an oil producing ... Hence, the biomass of the fungus is considered as a rich source for production of chitosan and polyunsaturated fatty acids ...
Nanoparticles for drug delivery to the brain
PBCA, chitosan, and PLGA nanoparticles were used as delivery systems for these drugs. Overall, the results from each drug ... and chitosan are also materials of interest. PBCA undergoes degradation through enzymatic cleavage of its ester bond on the ...
Hydrolysis of chitosan sulfate by an enzyme complex from Streptomyces kurssanovii]". Prikladnaia biokhimiia i mikrobiologiia. ...
Acetimide group is deacetylated the polymer chain is then called chitosan. Both of these cellulose derivatives are a major ...
Ashok M. Raichur
"Intracellular delivery of doxorubicin encapsulated in novel pH-responsive chitosan/heparin nanocapsules". International Journal ...
Glycoside hydrolase family 75
Chitin, xylan, 6-O-sulphated chitosan and O-carboxymethyl chitin are indigestible by chitosanase. Henrissat B, Callebaut I, ... Cheng CY, Li YK (December 2000). "An Aspergillus chitosanase with potential for large-scale preparation of chitosan ...
Extracellular polymeric substance
acetan (Acetobacter xylinum) alginate (Azotobacter vinelandii) cellulose (Acetobacter xylinum) chitosan (Mucorales spp.) ...
Wu, H.; Liu, C.; Chen, J.; Yang, Y.; Chen, Y., Preparation and characterization of chitosan/α-zirconium phosphate nanocomposite ...
Oral mucosa tissue engineering
Chitosan is a polysaccharide that is chemically similar to cellulose. Unlike collagen, chitosan biodegrades relatively slowly. ... Oxidized Dextran as Crosslinker for Chitosan Cryogel Scaffolds and Formation of Polyelectrolyte Complexes between Chitosan and ... However, chitosan is not very biocompatible with fibroblasts. To improve the stability of scaffolds containing gelatin or ... There are three types of gelatin-based scaffolds: Gelatin-oxidized dextran matrix Gelatin-chitosan-oxidized dextran matrix ...
... chitosan + acetate Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are chitin and H2O, whereas its two products are chitosan and ... Araki Y, Ito E (1974). "A pathway of chitosan formation in Mucor rouxii: enzymatic deacetylation of chitin". Biochem. Biophys. ...
Donald E. Ingber
Ingber DE, Fernandez JG (January 24, 2012). "Unexpected Strength and Toughness in Chitosan-Fibroin Laminates Inspired by Insect ...
Chitobiose Chitosan Chondroitin sulfate Methylsulfonylmethane Pigman WW, Horton D, Wander JD (1980). The Carbohydrates. Vol IB ... Glucosamine is part of the structure of the polysaccharides chitosan and chitin, which compose the exoskeletons of crustaceans ...
Patent US4833237 - Process for producing granular porous chitosan - Google Patents
The process comprises dissolving a low molecular weight chitosan into an aqueous acidic solution, pouring the solution into a ... A process for producing granular porous chitosan of extremely uniform particle size and having uniform fine pores on the ... basic solution and thereby coagulating the product to precipitate porous chitosan. ... Since high molecular weight chitosan is used in any of the above-described known processes, when chitosan is dissolved into a ...
First evidence that chitosan could repair spinal damage
If the chitosan repaired the crushed membranes then the spinal cord tissue would be unstained, but if the chitosan had failed, ... Chitosan had repaired the damaged cell membranes.. Next Cho tested whether a dose of chitosan could prevent large molecules ... However, 30·min after injecting chitosan into the rodents, the signals miraculously returned to the animals brains. Chitosan ... Chitosan »Veterinary Medicine »biodegradable non-toxic compound »cell membrane »multiple sclerosis »nerve cell »polyethylene ...
HMWC - High Molecular Weight Chitosan | AcronymFinder
HMWC stands for High Molecular Weight Chitosan. HMWC is defined as High Molecular Weight Chitosan somewhat frequently. ... 2019 https://www.acronymfinder.com/High-Molecular-Weight-Chitosan-(HMWC).html. *Chicago style: Acronym Finder. S.v. "HMWC." ... n.d.) Acronym Finder. (2019). Retrieved December 9 2019 from https://www.acronymfinder.com/High-Molecular-Weight-Chitosan-(HMWC ... a href=https://www.acronymfinder.com/High-Molecular-Weight-Chitosan-(HMWC).html,HMWC,/a,. ...
Modified glycol chitosan nanocarriers carry hydrophobic materials into tumours
The group has previously developed a variety of modified amphiphilic glycol chitosan (GPC) based polysoaps which can form nano ... Modified glycol chitosan nanocarriers carry hydrophobic materials into tumours. Authors: A. Raza, M. de-la Fuente, I.F. Uchegbu ... Keywords: modified glycol chitosan, nanocarriers, etoposide, xenograft, polysoaps, nile red. Abstract:. Etoposide is a potent ... The group has previously developed a variety of modified amphiphilic glycol chitosan (GPC) based polysoaps which can form nano ...
94b) A Modular GAG/Chitosan/MSC Approach to Generating Tissue Engineered Bone | AIChE
Results to date indicate that the C4S/chitosan/HAP based module system can form the basis of either a 3D printing based or an ... 94b) A Modular GAG/Chitosan/MSC Approach to Generating Tissue Engineered Bone. *Conference: AIChE Annual Meeting ... Analysis of the cultured modules over time indicated that C4S/chitosan/HAP microcapsules supported MSC proliferation and ... The insoluble polyelectrolyte complex was formed at the droplet-chitosan interface, encapsulating MSCs and HAP granules ...
Evaluation of F127 / chitosan hydrogel as a scaffold for bone repair
At specific concentrations, the hydrogel exhibited a Tgel close to the body temperature due to the addition of chitosan. ... Mucoadhesion experiments showed a rheological synergism between F127/chitosan gels and mucin dispersion, and a change in the ... The gel is comprised of Pluronic F127 and chitosan. The gelation temperature (Tgel), and viscoelastic properties and ... Evaluation of F127 / chitosan hydrogel as a scaffold for bone repair. Authors: M.-C. Yang, W.-F. Lai ...
China Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid, Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid Manufacturers, Suppliers | Made-in-China.com
Select 2017 high quality Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid products in best price from certified Chinese Liquid Chemical ... Chitosan Oligosaccharide Liquid FOB Price: $5 - $8 / KG Min. Order: 100 KG ... Bio Pesticide Chitosan Oligosaccharide FOB Price: US $65 / kilogram Min. Order: 25 Tons ... Manufacture Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Chitosan and Chelated Trace Elements FOB Price: $220 - $560 / Ton Min. Order: 1 Ton ...
Versatile carboxymethyl chitin and chitosan nanomaterials: A review | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
One of the methods used to improve the solubility characteristics of chitin and chitosan is chemical modification. Introducing ... p,Biocompatibility, biodegradability, and low cost of chitin and chitosan have drawn immense attention in many fields including ... Carboxymethyl chitin (CMC) and carboxymethyl chitosan (CMCS) are water soluble derivatives formed by introducing CH2COOH ... Jayakumar Rangasamy, and Chennazhi, K. P., "Versatile carboxymethyl chitin and chitosan nanomaterials: A review", Wiley ...
Weight Loss Benefits of Chitosan - Phentramin-D
Chitosan can be purchased either as Chitosan supplements or as an ingredient in herbal diet pills. Chitosan is commonly used in ... Chitosan has many benefits mainly in health and weight reduction. Chitosan is able to reduce triglycerides in the blood because ... ascorbic acidbad cholesterolchitinchitosanchitosan supplementscholesteroldietary fatsdietary lipidsfat blockerfibergood ... Weight Loss Benefits of Chitosan. Chitosan is a fiber extracted from the exoskeletons of shrimp and other crustaceans and has ...
Chitin and Chitosan for Regenerative Medicine | SpringerLink
Bioglycopolymers Chitin Hydrogels Chitosan-based Hydrogels Chitosan-based Scaffolds Modified Polysaccharides Polymer-based ... Chitosan-Based Scaffolds for Cartilage Regeneration Xuezhou Li, Jianxun Ding, Xiuli Zhuang, Fei Chang, Jincheng Wang, Xuesi ... Chitosan: A Promising Substrate for Regenerative Medicine in Drug Formulation Madhu Kashyap, D. Archana, Alok Semwal, Joydeep ... Chitin, Chitosan, and Silk Fibroin Electrospun Nanofibrous Scaffolds: A Prospective Approach for Regenerative Medicine ...
Fat absorber chitosan, muscle mass protein gnc
... fat absorber chitosan, best diet to lose weight fast 2013, how can you lose weight fast after giving birth, high fat diet meal ... Fat absorber chitosan,how can i lose weight fast,recommended weight loss pills,amino acids benefits muscle building - Plans ... Distinguish one protein shake fat absorber chitosan from people will go to to try to shed some pounds utilized by pagans. ... Comments to "Fat absorber chitosan". * ADRENALINE. writes: My solely cheat was jalapenos and tablespoon of honey. ...
Chitosan | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Chitosan is marketed as an all-natural marine fiber to help manage weight and cholesterol. It is also used in many biomedical ... The main ingredient in chitosan (KY-to-san) is chitin, an extract from the shells of sea creatures such as shrimp, lobster, and ... As chitosan products are derived from shellfish or mushrooms, patients who are allergic to these substances should use chitosan ... Animal models suggest antiobesity properties with chitosan (14) (15) (16) (17) and derivative products (18) (19). In one animal ...
Adsorption of Quaternized-chitosan-modified Reduced Graphene Oxide | SpringerLink
... combined the adsorption advantages of RGO and 2-Hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan (HACC). The adsorption... ... A novel quaternized-chitosan-modified reduced graphene oxide (HACC-RGO) ... Ge H, Chen H, Huang S, et al. Microwave Preparation and Properties of O-crosslinked Maleic Acyl Chitosan Adsorbent for Pb2+ and ... A novel quaternized-chitosan-modified reduced graphene oxide (HACC-RGO) combined the adsorption advantages of RGO and 2- ...
Polycationic chitosan-conjugated photosen... & related info | Mendeley
Bacterial Growth on Chitosan-Coated Polypropylene Textile
... D. Erben,1 V. Hola,2 J. Jaros,3,4 and J. Rahel1,5 ... F. L. Mi, Y. B. Wu, S. S. Shyu, A. C. Chao, J. Y. Lai, and C. C. Su, "Asymmetric chitosan membranes prepared by dry/wet phase ... M. Kong, X. G. Chen, K. Xing, and H. J. Park, "Antimicrobial properties of chitosan and mode of action: a state of the art ... S. Roller and N. Covill, "The antifungal properties of chitosan in laboratory media and apple juice," International Journal of ...
Preparation and Characterization of Magnetic Chitosan Microcapsules
19] prepared uniform-sized hollow chitosan microspheres by sacrificial template method. In that case, chitosan molecules were ... Preparation and Characterization of Magnetic Chitosan Microcapsules. Xiaopeng Xiong,1,2,3 Yong Wang,1 Weiwei Zou,1 Jiangjiang ... Chitosan (CS), with a degree of deacetylation of 90%, was purchased from Jinan Haidebei Marine Bioengineering Co., Ltd ( ... S. R. Bhattarai, R. Bahadur, S. Aryal, M. S. Khil, and H. Y. Kim, "N-Acylated chitosan stabilized iron oxide nanoparticles as a ...
Browse Products Containing: CHITOSAN SUCCINAMIDE || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
Chitosan related health claims | European Food Safety Authority
... : Where did it come from? Regardless of chitosans miraculous overview, it is a very simple substance which has been ... Administering Chitosan The instructions in which to properly administer the supplementation of chitosan are quite simple. The ... Your Health Store - Chitosan) Thus, many of the products on the market today which contain chitosan as a chief substance, also ... Chitosan is a 100% natural and acts as a super fiber. Thus, supplementing the diet with chitosan, is part of creating a ...
CHITOSAN: User ratings for effectiveness, side effects, safety and interactions - WebMD
Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail Lacquer - Drugs.com
Easy-to-read patient leaflet for Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail Lacquer. Includes indications, proper use ... Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail Lacquer. Generic Name: Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail ... What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail Lacquer?. *If you have an ... What are some things I need to know or do while I take Terbinafine Tablets and Hydroxypropyl-Chitosan Nail Lacquer?. *Tell all ...
Methods for production of chitin and chitosan - Athenix Corporation
Compositions and methods for producing chitin and chitosan are provided. The compositions comprise genetically modified ... Chitosan and chitin are often found in fungal and yeast cell walls. Chitosan is produced by the action of chitin deacetylase ( ... By "chitin/chitosan-related protein" is intended a protein that is involved in the production of chitin and/or chitosan. ... The resulting chitosan is then isolated as an acid soluble material. Though chitosan has numerous industrial uses, the ...
Mono-N-carboxymethyl chitosan (MC... preview & related info | Mendeley
The synthesis and evaluation of mono-N-carboxymethyl chitosan (MCC) as an intestinal permeation enhancer for macromolecular ... Mono-N-carboxymethyl chitosan (MCC), a polyampholytic chitosan derivative, enhances the intestinal absorption of low molecular ... MCCs were synthesized from two different viscosity grade chitosans to yield both high and low viscosity grade products. These ... Both in vitro and in vivo results indicate that the polyampholytic chitosan modification MCC is a suitable and functional ...
Polymers | Free Full-Text | pH Dependence of Chitosan Enzymolysis
Variation of the rate constants of the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosan with temperature follows the Arrhenius equation. ... of these enzymes was further systematically studied for its effectiveness in the production of low-molecular-weight chitosans ( ... As a means of making chitosan more useful in biotechnological applications, it was hydrolyzed using pepsin, chitosanase and α- ... Keywords: chitosan enzymolysis; parameters; kinetic; pH dependence; activation energy; inhibition chitosan enzymolysis; ...
Bionanocomposites based on chitosan intercalation in designed swelling high-charged micas | Scientific Reports
Hence, chitosan-mica bionanocomposites were prepared by ion-exchange reaction between chitosan solution and synthetic high ... The results showed that the adsorption of chitosan is effective, although a chitosan portion remains in the outer surface being ... as chitosan, have a major impact in medical and environmental fields, being economical and environmentally friendly materials. ... research was to explore the potential use of those synthetic brittle micas to form eco-friendly bionanocomposites with chitosan ...
Chitosan, help for IBS? - HealthBoards Message Boards
GNC Total Lean® Chitosan With Glucomannan | GNC
Shop now for GNC Total Lean® Chitosan with Glucomannan, a dietary supplement that promotes a sense of fullness and supports ... Give me plain Chitosan dont go muck it up with so called good extras Chitosan by itself does the job just fine for me. I have ... can I take GNC Chitosan with glucomannan with GNC CLA? Ive been taking Chitosan for a few days now & wondered if it is ok to ... Chitosan is a fat blocker that is supposed to be taken before a fatty meal. The fiber binds up to 6x its weight in fat and ...
Nomination Summary for Chitosan (N20001)
Effect of collagen peptides-carboxymethyl chitosan microspheres o...: Ingenta Connect
Hydroxypropyl chitosan / terbinafine topical and mipomersen Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
Chitin and chitosan remodeling defines vegetative development and Trichoderma biocontrol
Here we uncovered the regulation of chitin and chitosan synthesis and their contribution to dynamic cell wall remodeling as ...
Properties of Microcrystalline Chitosan-Calcium Phosphate Complex Composite
"Dressing Sponges Made of Chitosan and Chitosan-Alginate Fibrids," Progress on Chemistry and Application of Chitin and Its ... M. N. V. R. Kumar, "A Review of Chitin and Chitosan Applications," Reactive & Functional Polymers, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2000, pp. 1- ... L. Pighinelli and M. Kucharska, "Properties of Microcrystalline Chitosan-Calcium Phosphate Complex Composite," Journal of ... Arca and S. Senel, "Chitosan Based Systems for Tissue Engineering Part 1: Hard Tissues," Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ...
Chitosan Mw 160 kDa | Deacetylated chitin | Sigma-Aldrich
Chitosan Mw 160 kDa; CAS Number: 9012-76-4; Synonym: Deacetylated chitin, Poly(D-glucosamine); find Sigma-Aldrich-44031 MSDS, ...
Characterization of Chitosan Membranes Crosslinked by Sulfuric Acid
Chitosan membranes were prepared by solvent evaporation and the crosslinks were introduced by reaction with sulfuric acid ... Non-crosslinked membranes of chitosan were used as controls for all assays. With the physicochemical tests, it was possible to ... Due to its biocompatibility and biodegradability, chitosan has been the focus of several researches in recent years to be ... The objective of this study was to obtain and characterize, chemically and biologically, ionically crosslinked chitosan ...
Chitosan Enhanced Water Treatment Articles on Environmental XPRT
Find chitosan enhanced water treatment articles on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest environmental industry marketplace ... chitosan enhanced water treatment Articles. Related terms for "chitosan enhanced water treatment ": water treatment articles ... Zirconium and chitosan coagulants for drinking water treatment - a pilot study Scientists continuously search for alternative ... On the other hand, eco-friendly non-metal solutions, such as chitosan, can provide non-toxic sludge and water with no metal ...
NanoparticlesAbstractGlycolDerivativesPolymersChemicallyPorous chitosanMolecularPolymerHydrogelsPolysaccharidesCarboxymethylCelluloseDeacetylation of chitinIonicAdsorbed chitosan layerTripolyphosphatePolyelectrolyteEffects of chitosanAdsorption of chitosanBiodegradableApplicationsBiocompatibilityNanoparticlesPolysaccharideIncluding fungiAbsorptionBiopolymerShellfishLiposan UltraApplications of chitosanShellsCarboxymethyl chitosanCapsulesAdsorptionMembraneAntimicrobialMolecular weightOligosaccharideAmino groups of chitosanGlobal Chitosan marketIndustrial-grade chitosanInteractionsSupplementWound HealingCholesterolBiodegradabilityChitin to chitosanClaim that chitosanFound that chitosanAmounts of chitosanEvidence that chitosanSuggests that chitosanIndicates that chitosanDegree of deacetylationConcentrations of chitosanCell adhesion and proliferationCrustaceansEnzymaticBindsGelationPropertiesSupplementsFiberPhosphateCharacteristicsMembranes were preparedProduce chitosanSignificantlyAlginateIntestinalFats
- abstract = "Macroporous chitosan beads used for the immobilization of an anti-inflammatory drug were prepared by the wet phase-inversion method. (elsevier.com)
- Among the chitosan derivatives, cyclodextrin-grafted chitosan and poly(ethylene glycol)-grafted chitosan are excellent candidates for a range of biomedical, environmental decontamination, and industrial purposes. (frontiersin.org)
- This work discusses modifications including chitosan with attached cyclodextrin and poly(ethylene glycol), and the main applications of these chitosan derivatives in the biomedical field. (frontiersin.org)
- Chitosan, a polyaminosaccharide obtained by alkaline deacetylation of chitin, possesses useful properties including biodegradability, biocompatibility, low toxicity, and good miscibility with other polymers. (frontiersin.org)
- A limiting factor is that they lack mucoadhesive properties, which can be resolved by grafting these oligosaccharides onto the structures of bioadhesive polymers such as chitosan. (frontiersin.org)
- Therefore,the polymers such as poly (ethylene oxide) (PEO), poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) and poly(ε-caprolactone)(PCL) were blendedto Chitosan to improve the electrospinning ability of Chitosan. (civilica.com)
- Sodium alginate chemically close to cellulose and chitosan was used as an additive to improve the miscibility of chitosan due to the ionic bonds formed with chitosan 2-amino groups. (vtt.fi)
- Chitlac is a biocompatible modified polysaccharide composed of a chitosan backbone to which lactitol moieties have been chemically inserted via a reductive N-alkylation reaction with lactose. (units.it)
- Quaternary ammonium, and aliphatic and aromatic acyl groups were introduced into the porous chitosan beads to interact with an anti-inflammatory drug, indomethacin, through the electrostatic interaction and hydrophobic interaction. (elsevier.com)
- The results indicated that chemical modification of the porous chitosan beads have obvious effect on the adsorption of indomethacin. (elsevier.com)
- The amino and hydroxyl groups present in the chitosan backbone provide positions for modifications that are influenced by factors such as the molecular weight, viscosity, and type of chitosan, as well as the reaction conditions. (frontiersin.org)
- The pH dependent adsorption behavior of chitosan onto a cellulose model surface was studied by quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation (QCM-D). The molecular level interactions between adsorbed chitosan layers were studied by atom force microscopy (AFM) colloidal probe force measurements in the liquid phase. (ncsu.edu)
- Chitosan is a modified natural cationic polymer composed of β-(1→4)-linked D-glucosamine residues, obtained by partial N-deacetylation of chitin (Figure 1 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Adsorption of chitosan increased with pH below the solubility limit of the polymer. (ncsu.edu)
- Chitosan has been covalently linked to indomethacin and the ratio of drug to polymer was found to be 5:1. (edu.iq)
- The swelling equilibrium of Chitosan and sodium tripolyphosphate (NaTPP) cross-linked chitosan hydrogels in aqueous solutions of surfactants differing in structure and hydrophobicity at 25 0 C is reported. (ajol.info)
- Here, the facile synthesis of supramolecular hydrogels of norbornene (nb)-functionalised chitosan (CS-nb) via UV-triggered self-assembly in the presence of Irgacure 2959 (IRG) is reported. (chemrxiv.org)
- The combination of the major marine polysaccharides (chitosan and the isolated bacterial EPS) resulted in the formation of homogenous, transparent, colorless films, suggesting good compatibility between the two components of the film-forming formulation. (ehu.es)
- Introducing a carboxymethyl group is the most advantageous method of increasing the solubility of chitosan at neutral and alkaline pH. (amrita.edu)
- Above the solubility limit of the chitosan, at pH 7, the pull-off force and its range clearly increased compared to lower pH values, indicating that the wet adhesion between chitosan-coated cellulose surfaces increased. (ncsu.edu)
- Functional hybrid fibers of cellulose/microcrystalline chitosan. (vtt.fi)
- Blends of microcrystalline chitosan (MCCh) with cellulose xhanthate alkaline solutions were prepared to investigate the effects of aqueous MCCh gel concentration and additives on the spinnability of hybrid cellulose/chitosan fibers and their properties. (vtt.fi)
- Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Functional hybrid fibers of cellulose/microcrystalline chitosan. (vtt.fi)
Deacetylation of chitin2
- The micro-scale modules were formed by complex coacervation whereby an ionic reaction between chondroitin 4-sulfate (C4S) and chitosan produced an insoluble polyelectrolyte membrane. (aiche.org)
Adsorbed chitosan layer1
- Swelling and viscoelastic properties of the adsorbed chitosan layer were strongly influenced by pH. (ncsu.edu)
- There are two stages of phase-inversion observed from the cast of chitosan droplet in tripolyphosphate (TPP) aqueous solution. (elsevier.com)
Effects of chitosan1
- This study was carried out to investigate effects of chitosan oligosaccharides and/or beta-glucan addition into diets containing organic zinc on performance and biochemical profiles in broilers. (istanbulc.edu.tr)
Adsorption of chitosan1
- The colloidal probe force measurements showed a rise of electrosteric repulsion after adsorption of chitosan at pH 5. (ncsu.edu)
- In this study, poly (ethylene oxide)/Chitosan(CS), poly(ε-caprolactone)/Chitosan and poly(vinyl alcohol)/Chitosan composite nanofibers were prepared using electrospinningtechnique.Chitosan is a multifunctional biodegradable polycationic biopolymer that has uses in a variety of differentindustrial applications. (civilica.com)
- Potential applications of chitosan in the biomedical field. (frontiersin.org)
- Borgens is extremely excited by this discovery that chitosan is able to locate and repair damaged spinal cord tissue and is even more enthusiastic by the prospect that nanoparticles of chitosan could also target delivery of neuroprotective drugs directly to the site of injury 'giving us a dual bang for our buck,' says Borgens. (innovations-report.com)
- This laboratory and animal study showed that nanoparticles coated with the oligosaccharide called chitosan and encapsulating the chemotherapy drug doxorubicin can target and kill cancer stem-like cells six times more effectively than free doxorubicin. (eurekalert.org)
- We believe that chitosan-decorated nanoparticles could also encapsulate other types of chemotherapy and be used to treat many types of cancer. (eurekalert.org)
- This study showed that chitosan binds with a receptor on cancer stem-like cells called CD44, enabling the nanoparticles to target the malignant stem-like cells in a tumor. (eurekalert.org)
- Chitosan nanoparticles are good drug carriers because of their good biocompatibility and biodegradability, and can be readily modified. (dovepress.com)
- The next step involved producing bioavailable chitosan nanoparticles (CNPs). (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- In this study, trimethyl chitosan nanoparticles containing tetanus protein were used to stimulate the immune system. (magiran.com)
- Tetanus toxoid loaded Trimethyl chitosan nanoparticles increase the stimulation of immune system and are more effective in comparison with Freund's adjuvant. (magiran.com)
- This study was aimed to develop thiolated chitosan/alginate nanoparticles for curcumin delivery. (ijpsonline.com)
- The nanoparticles were prepared from thiolated chitosan and sodium alginate using an ionic gelation technique. (ijpsonline.com)
- The concentrations of thiolated chitosan and alginate used to form the nanoparticles were optimal at 0.05 and 0.025 % w/v, respectively. (ijpsonline.com)
- The thiol content of the synthesized thiolated chitosan as well as the particle size, size distribution, surface charge, loading efficiency, loading capacity and drug release characteristics of the curcumin-loaded thiolated chitosan/alginate nanoparticles were investigated. (ijpsonline.com)
- Formulated to protect the affected area with thin breathable layer of chitosan , allows the silver nanoparticles to work effectively, and amino acids to nourish the affected skin. (ecplaza.net)
- We report a novel strategy for using gold nanoparticles capped with chitosan for sensing ions of heavy metals. (diva-portal.org)
- Use of chitosan serves dual purpose of providing sufficient steric hindrance ensuring stability of the colloid and also to functionalize the nanoparticles for use as sensors. (diva-portal.org)
- The well-documented chelating properties of chitosan and the sensitivity of the optical properties of gold nanoparticles to agglomeration have been employed to detect low concentrations of heavy metals ions (Zn2+ and Cu2+) in water. (diva-portal.org)
- Ibuprofen was then loaded into the montmorillonite-chitosan nanohybrid and the resulting montmorillonite-chitosan/ibuprofen nanoparticles were characterized using Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis and transmission electron microscopy. (ijpsonline.com)
- Chitosan is a natural polysaccharide that consists of glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine copolymers (14) . (mskcc.org)
- Chitosan (CS), a kind of natural hydrophilic polysaccharide, is nontoxic and biocompatible. (hindawi.com)
- Chitosan, a linear polysaccharide that results from treating the exoskeletons of shrimp and other crustaceans with an alkaline compound, is the subject of a study by professor of microbiology Mahfuzur Sarker in the Oregon State University (OSU) colleges of science and veterinary medicine and OSU graduate student Maryam Alnoman. (xinhuanet.com)
- Chitosan is a naturally occurring polysaccharide ideally suited for use in medical supplies, devices, therapeutics, and diagnostics. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Chitosan is a cationic polysaccharide composed of β(1-4) linked glucosamine and N -acetyl glucosamine units 1 ( Figure 1 ). (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Chitosan, a natural polysaccharide comprising copolymers of glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine, has been shown to have anti-obesity properties. (nih.gov)
- Chitosan is derived from chitin, a polysaccharide found in the exoskeleton of shellfish such as shrimp, lobster, and or crabs. (quackwatch.org)
- Molecular model of the linear polysaccharide chitosan, also known as poliglusam. (sciencephoto.com)
- Chitosan is a linear polysaccharide derived from chitin, which can be found abundantly in nature. (buchi.com)
- Chitosan and chitin are those of the most abundant polysaccharide compounds found in the nature and they were reported to affect on improving the growth of several crops(Ali et al. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Chitosan is a hydrophilic polysaccharide obtained by alkaline deacetylation of chitin. (omicsonline.org)
- Chitosan is a natural polysaccharide extracted from shells of crustacean organisms such as shrimps and crabs. (reportsnreports.com)
- Marketers promote chitosan as a weight-loss product, claiming it binds to fat and cholesterol to prevent their absorption. (mskcc.org)
- (Absorption of Fats) Chitosan fiber is unlike other fibers in that it carries a positive ionic charge. (vanderbilt.edu)
- 20 however, because chitosan also interferes with mineral absorption, the net effect in humans might actually be to increase bone loss (see Safety Issues below). (epnet.com)
- 7. These results suggest that dietary chitosan with low viscosity decreases lipase activity and fat absorption in the small intestine, consequently resulting in a reduction of fat deposition in broiler chickens. (ingentaconnect.com)
- Ads for chitosan claim it can lower cholesterol and produce rapid weight loss by blocking the absorption of fat. (quackwatch.org)
- Although chitosan can decrease fat absorption, the amount contained in the capsules is too small to have much of an effect on cholesterol levels. (quackwatch.org)
- The Authority acknowledged the volume of material amassed by the advertisers but concluded that, because of the shortcomings in the reports of the trials, the ability of Chitosan to prevent the absorption of enough dietary fat to affect energy balance in humans had not been substantiated. (quackwatch.org)
- Studies have shown that prolonged intake of Chitosan in large doses can lead to impaired absorption of certain vitamins and minerals. (rxmed.com)
- Chitosan has been shown to inhibit fat absorption in animals, although in studies in humans chitosan did not inhibit fat absorption. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- While no long-term studies of the effects of chitosan on human health have been done, animal studies suggest that this compound could inhibit the absorption of minerals and fat-soluble vitamins. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Chitosan significantly reduces the body's absorption of dietary fats, allowing calories to pass through your system. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Chitosan may reduce the absorption of bile acids or cholesterol, either of which may cause a lowering of blood cholesterol. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Chitosan in large amounts given with vitamin C has been shown to reduce dietary fat absorption in animals fed a high-fat diet. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Unfortunately, mineral and fat-soluble vitamin absorption are also reduced by feeding animals large amounts of chitosan. (illpumpyouup.com)
- No studies have been done on the effects of chitosan on dietary fat absorption in humans. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Animal and preliminary human research suggests that chitosan may prevent the blood pressure-elevating effects of a high-salt meal, possibly by reducing the absorption of chloride. (illpumpyouup.com)
- While no long-term studies of the effects of chitosan on human health have been done, animal studies suggest that harmful effects on mineral and fat-soluble vitamin absorption, on the maintenance of normal intestinal flora, and on normal growth in children and during pregnancy are possible. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Chitosan is able to reduce triglycerides in the blood because of its ability to bind dietary lipids, thus reducing intestinal lipid absorption. (phentramin-d.us)
- Clinical studies with Chitosan suggest that the process of fat extraction is boosted greatly by adding vitamin C and hence enhancing lipids absorption. (phentramin-d.us)
- Chitosan is sold in the United States and other countries as a form of dietary fiber that reduces fat absorption. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- However, scientific evidence suggests only a small effect of chitosan on fat absorption. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- The goal of this research was to explore the potential use of those synthetic brittle micas to form eco-friendly bionanocomposites with chitosan biopolymer. (nature.com)
- The glucosamine (1) and N-acetyl glucosamine (2) units of chitosan biopolymer. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Chitosan is a biopolymer that shows great potential as an ingredient for the preparation of new edible films and coatings for different food applications. (safaribooksonline.com)
- Chitosan is a biopolymer produced through the deacetylation of chitin, a material found in the exoskeleton of crustaceans and the cell walls of fungi. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- Chitosan biopolymer alone has inferior properties, including low flexibility, brittleness, and fragility (Pavaloiu et al. (thefreedictionary.com)
- All important information about Chitosan is also covered by this messaging board as it is a biopolymer. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- Chitosan is predominantly extracted from shellfish waste in developing countries with limited oversight. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Shellfish allergen protein, such as tropomysin, and high levels of heavy metals, such as mercury and arsenic, may be present in crustacean chitosans, particularly those sourced from regions with high levels of pollution. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Another production-related issue in the use of chitosan produced from shellfish is the seasonality of the industrial harvest. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- 4 The aforementioned concerns with shellfish allergen protein and high levels of heavy metals are not applicable to fungal chitosan. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Most chitosan is sourced from shellfish and is typically marketed in the weight management area valued at about €7bn worldwide. (nutraingredients.com)
- KitoZyme's chitosan offerings are "marginally more expensive than shellfish chitosan", she said of the traceable, non-GMO, preservative free and hypoallergenic ingredients that fall within the company's KiOnutrime range. (nutraingredients.com)
- Chitosan, a refined form of chitin, is prepared by removing the shells from shellfish. (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- Basically, Chitosan is naturally available form of fiber generally found in crustaceans and shellfish species. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- People with shellfish allergies may be allergic to chitosan. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- We use Vanson Liposan Ultra® Chitosan, which rapidly dissolves (solubilizes) in stomach acid. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- NOW Chitosan contains LipoSan Ultra, a patented high-density form of Chitosan that binds up to five times more fat than conventional Chitosan according to laboratory testing. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- I have been taking Chitosan with LipoSan Ultra for approx. (pureformulas.com)
- The main constituent in LipoSan Ultra® is chitosan‚ which has been modified and optimised to enhance its solubility and fat binding performance. (pureformulas.com)
- Kathy B. Onyx, CA LipoSan Ultra™ brand Chitosan is a special, denser form of chiotsan that becomes soluble faster and has been shown in certain studies to absorb many times more fat than regular chitosan. (vitanetonline.com)
- LipoSan Ultra™ Chitosan from Natural Balance has been clinically researched, is faster-acting, more soluble, and has been shown in certain studiies to bind more fat than regular chitosan. (vitanetonline.com)
Applications of chitosan2
- Listing of some possible applications of chitosan in agriculture and the related effects (activity and plant defence responces). (intechopen.com)
- The applications of chitosan-based products have markedly increased over the last 30 years, ranging from pharmaceutical excipient and drug delivery systems [ 5 ] to complex tissue engineering and use as scaffold for cell migration [ 6 ]. (omicsonline.org)
- The main ingredient in chitosan (KY-to-san) is chitin, an extract from the shells of sea creatures such as shrimp, lobster, and clams. (mskcc.org)
- However, the preparation of hollow chitosan microsphere by the sacrificial template method is tedious and the process of removal of templates may ruin the shells. (hindawi.com)
- Chitosan is a form of fiber chemically processed from crustacean shells. (epnet.com)
- Chitosan can be extracted from the shells of shrimp, crab, or lobster. (epnet.com)
- Chitosan is extracted from the shells of crustaceans, such as shrimp and crab. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- Chitosan is a deacetylated derivative of chitin that is naturally present in the fungal cell wall and in crustacean shells from which it can be easily extracted. (intechopen.com)
- Chitosan is a dietary fiber derived from the shells of crustaceans that has been shown in non-clinical studies to bind to fat and cholesterol in the digestive tract. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- Shrimps are considered to be major source of chitosan as they contain ~20-40% of chitin content, whereas crab shells contain ~15-20% chitin.Certain varieties of fungi have also been known to produce low amounts of chitin in their cell walls. (yahoo.com)
- Chitosan is a fibrous substance, extracted from the shells of shrimp, lobster, and crabs, and may support healthy weight management. (bodykind.com)
- Therein, polystyrene sulfonate templates were used to absorb polycations of CS molecules, which then absorb polyanions of carboxymethyl chitosan. (hindawi.com)
- Mono-N-carboxymethyl chitosan (MC. (mendeley.com)
- The synthesis and evaluation of mono-N-carboxymethyl chitosan (MCC) as an intestinal permeation enhancer for macromolecular therapeutics is presented. (mendeley.com)
- Effect of collagen peptides-carboxymethyl chitosan microspheres o. (ingentaconnect.com)
- The collagen peptides-carboxymethyl chitosan (CP-CMC-CaCl 2 ) microspheres were prepared by emulsification method and used to investigate the effects on mice skin damages in vitro and in vivo . (ingentaconnect.com)
- One study involved 30 overweight volunteers who received four capsules of either chitosan or a placebo for 28 consecutive days and were told to eat their normal diet. (quackwatch.org)
- Moreover, microCT data shows that differentiating MSCs are able to extensively mineralize the walls and interior of C4S/Chitosan microcapsules: microcapsules containing MSCs osteoinduced for 4 weeks, but no initial HAP granules, exhibited a bone volume fraction of 182.5 mg HAP/cm 3 , compared to a bone volume fraction of zero for capsules without differentiating MSCs or HAP granules included initially in capsule fomration. (aiche.org)
- NVE Pharmaceuticals Stacker 3 100 capsules with Chitosan. (illpumpyouup.com)
- NOW Chitosan Plus 120 Capsules is also available if you prefer a smaller version of the product. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- To validate the results experimentally, a xylose-utilising S. cerevisiae strain, CEN.PK XXX, was constructed and encapsulated in semi-permeable alginate-chitosan liquid core gel capsules. (diva-portal.org)
- NutriCology- MicroChitosan 60 Vegetarian Capsules NanoTek" Chitosan contains nano-particle chitosan oligosaccharide that can be better absorbed into the bloodstream, with significantly enhanced detoxification potential. (netnutri.com)
- Suggested use of NanoTek" Chitosan: As a dietary supplement, 1 capsule three times daily or 2 capsules two times daily on an empty stomach, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. (netnutri.com)
- Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Capsules Servings per Container: 30 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Proprietary Blend Chitosan Oligosaccharide and Chitosan (shrimp, crab, lobster) 1200 mg *Daily value not established. (netnutri.com)
- A novel quaternized-chitosan-modified reduced graphene oxide (HACC-RGO) combined the adsorption advantages of RGO and 2-Hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan (HACC). (springer.com)
- The results showed that the adsorption of chitosan is effective, although a chitosan portion remains in the outer surface being hydrogen-bonded to the tetrahedral sheet of the silicate. (nature.com)
- The drawback of Chitosan is it has low adsorption heavy metals capacities to be used in large scales. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The adsorption of fluoride ions from aqueous solution onto the enhanced chitosan/bentonite composite was investigated. (environmental-expert.com)
- Increasing initial fluoride concentration reduced the adsorption of fluoride onto the enhanced chitosan/bentonite composite. (environmental-expert.com)
- The micro-scale modules were formed by complex coacervation whereby an ionic reaction between chondroitin 4-sulfate (C4S) and chitosan produced an insoluble polyelectrolyte membrane. (aiche.org)
- The cellular and molecular changes elicitated by chitosan can be summarized in: membrane depolarization, oxidative burst, influx and exit of ions such as Ca2+, activation of MAP-kinases, chromatin and DNA alteration, increase in PR gene mRNA, PR proteins synthesis, phytoalexins accumulation, lignification and callose deposition. (intechopen.com)
- The surgical control group received a flap operation only, while experimental group was treated with calcium phosphate chitosan block bone and/or chitosan membrane. (scientific.net)
- Chitosan membrane group significantly enhanced bone regeneration compared to control, CaP-chitosan block bone and combination group. (scientific.net)
- Chitosan membrane remnants were observed in chitosan and combination group, while CaP-chitosan bone materials were resorbed completely. (scientific.net)
- The results of functional groups, morphology and topography analysis on selected membranes show that optimum silane addition provides the hydrogen interaction between chitosan matrix and silane-coupled nanosilica so there is an enhanced in membrane properties for electrolyte membrane. (intechopen.com)
- In the present study, we have prepared chitosan-carbon nanotube (Chitosan-CNT) hydrogels by the freeze-lyophilization method and examined their antimicrobial activity. (mdpi.com)
- The composite Chitosan-CNT hydrogel showed greater antimicrobial activity with increasing CNT concentration, suggesting that Chitosan-CNT hydrogel scaffold will be a promising biomaterial in biomedical applications. (mdpi.com)
- Kim, S.-K. Antimicrobial Activity of Chitosan-Carbon Nanotube Hydrogels. (mdpi.com)
- Venkatesan J, Jayakumar R, Mohandas A, Bhatnagar I, Kim S-K. Antimicrobial Activity of Chitosan-Carbon Nanotube Hydrogels. (mdpi.com)
- 2014. "Antimicrobial Activity of Chitosan-Carbon Nanotube Hydrogels. (mdpi.com)
- Chitosan has antimicrobial, antioxidant and emulsifying properties. (safaribooksonline.com)
- The CNPs showed a higher antimicrobial efficacy than chitosan alone against Stephylococcus saprophyticus and Escherichia coli . (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- The process comprises dissolving a low molecular weight chitosan into an aqueous acidic solution, pouring the solution into a basic. (google.com)
- The process comprises dissolving a low molecular weight chitosan into an aqueous acidic solution, pouring the solution into a basic solution and thereby coagulating the product to precipitate porous chitosan. (google.com)
- This causes inconsistencies in molecular weight and purity and allows the introduction of contaminates such as heavy metals in crustacean-derived chitosan. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- The most important characteristics in determining the functionality of chitosan are degree of deacetylation (%DDA) and molecular weight (M w ). (sigmaaldrich.com)
- Preparation of Low Molecular Weight Chitosan by Radiation and its Application for Plant Growth Promoter. (osti.gov)
- Through these processes, chitosan with an average molecular weight (Mw) of 141 k Dalton was obtained. (osti.gov)
- Low molecular weight chitosan, Mw 14 k Dalton called "Fitosan" was prepared by irradiating chitosan using gamma rays at a dose of 75 kGy. (osti.gov)
- Chitosan -oligosaccharide feed additive is a product produced by enzymatic method using chitosan as raw material. (ecplaza.net)
Amino groups of chitosan2
- In that case, chitosan molecules were adsorbed onto the surface of sulfonated polystyrene templates through electrostatic interaction between the sulfonic acid groups on the templates and the amino groups of chitosan. (hindawi.com)
- The amino groups of chitosan chains were reacted with the epoxy groups of GPSM and GPSM have a function as the agent to cross-link the chitosan chains. (scientific.net)
Global Chitosan market4
- The global chitosan market is forecast to reach USD 1,664.6 Million by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. (benzinga.com)
- The analysts forecast global chitosan market to grow at a CAGR of 18.10% during the period 2017-2021. (reportsnreports.com)
- This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global chitosan market for 2017-2021. (reportsnreports.com)
- This report, Global Chitosan Market 2017-2021 , has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. (reportsnreports.com)
- The inexpensiveness of industrial-grade chitosan, its traits like non-toxicity, and biocompatibility results in its extensive application, like in agrochemicals, and industrial wastewater treatment, which contributes to the revenue generated by this segment. (benzinga.com)
- Offshore crabs and shrimps are basic sources used for the production of industrial-grade chitosan.This grade is versatile and due to its solubility, high density of positive charges, and reactive free amino groups that make it suitable for industrial applications. (yahoo.com)
- The present form of chitosan has just been introduced recently as a weight loss supplement. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Chitosan is a popular dietary supplement used for weight loss. (nih.gov)
- Chitosan has been widely advocated as a weight loss supplement, on the basis of its supposed ability to bind fat in the digestive tract. (epnet.com)
- Nowadays, Chitosan it is known as a dietary supplement that is good for loss. (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- Because of these applications, chitosan is now marketed as a dietary supplement and is used to thicken foods, paints and makeup. (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- This Chitosan supplement supplies 500mcg per capsule. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- Chitosan, which is derived from the exoskeletons of shrimp and other crustaceans, is a gentle fat blocking weight loss supplement. (phentramin-d.us)
- However, for a simple, inexpensive and effective method of getting rid of excess fat, the use of chitosan is recommended for people who are seeking a gentle and mild weight loss supplement. (phentramin-d.us)
- BodyBuildingForYou.com was launched basically for lovers of body building and gives information about supplement reviews and Chitosan products for weight loss etc. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- Epakitin Oral Powder is a chitosan-based nutritional supplement that is both a phosphate binder and uremic reducer. (medi-vet.com)
- Chitosan is used as an ingredient in many medical-grade products including hydrogels and bandages to improve wound healing, as well as in dental applications. (mskcc.org)
- In addition, chitosan has been tried as a treatment for kidney failure and as an aid in wound healing. (epnet.com)
- in addition, topical chitosan appears to kill bacteria such as Streptococcus , which may also contribute to wound healing. (epnet.com)
- Chitosan is used to treat obesity, lessen cholesterol levels, improve wound healing, and gain protection against hypertension, and these benefits are being leading to the rise in its demand in Japan.In addition, the rising consumption of dietary supplements among individuals is another factor propelling the growth of the market in this country. (yahoo.com)
- Chitosan has been promoted for weight loss and for cholesterol reduction. (mskcc.org)
- Chitosan is marketed as an all-natural marine fiber to help manage weight and cholesterol. (mskcc.org)
- A study published in 2007 in the Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, found chitosan food supplements cut weight gain and cholesterol levels in rats. (nutraingredients.com)
- Also, according to a preliminary study in rats, taking vitamin C along with chitosan might provide additional benefit in lowering cholesterol. (epnet.com)
- An 8-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 51 women found that use of chitosan at a dose of 1,200 mg twice daily slightly reduced LDL ("bad") cholesterol as compared to placebo, but did not affect total or HDL ("good") cholesterol levels. (epnet.com)
- However, a 4-month, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 88 individuals found no improvement in cholesterol with 1,000 mg 3 times daily of a different chitosan product. (epnet.com)
- 43 Furthermore, in a 10-month, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 130 men and women, use of a special microcrystalline form of chitosan at a dose of 1,200 mg twice daily again failed to improve cholesterol profile. (epnet.com)
- These contradictory results suggest that if chitosan actually improves cholesterol profile at all, it does so to only a minimal extent. (epnet.com)
- Moreover, with better, more predictable cholesterol-lowering products available, it doesn't make much sense to use chitosan for that purpose. (quackwatch.org)
- Three studies have found no significant differences in weight or serum cholesterol levels between subjects who took chitosan and those who received a placebo. (quackwatch.org)
- The chitosan and placebo groups showed no differences in weight or serum cholesterol levels . (quackwatch.org)
- The chitosan group had slightly (but not significantly) greater cholesterol reduction than the placebo group, but no difference in weight occurred between the two groups . (quackwatch.org)
- This effect has been repeatedly demonstrated in animals, and a preliminary human study showed that 3-6 grams per day of chitosan taken for two weeks resulted in a 6% drop in cholesterol and a 10% increase in HDL (the good ) cholesterol. (illpumpyouup.com)
- In this way, Chitosan helps to lower levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time increase the levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. (phentramin-d.us)
- However, the effectiveness and safety of Chitosan products to control weight and cholesterol is still the most controversial topic of online Chitosan message boards. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- Additionally, it is now offering Chitosan message boards for discussion on Chitosan as fat burner and as an improving agent of cholesterol profile. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- Chitosan may be effective for lowering levels of blood cholesterol or lipids. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- Whether the use of chitosan is equal to or better than other treatments for high cholesterol is not yet known. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- Study results suggest that chitosan may help improve cholesterol levels when combined with a low-calorie diet. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
Chitin to chitosan1
Claim that chitosan3
- Although marketers of weight loss supplements claim that chitosan can bind with fat in the intestine, some clinical trials did not find any increase in fecal excretion of fat or weight loss compared with placebo (2) (3) (4) (21) . (mskcc.org)
- Many sellers claim that chitosan causes weight loss by binding fats in the stomach and preventing them from being digested and absorbed. (quackwatch.org)
- They claim that Chitosan is fully capable of binding fats to molecules in the user's digestive tract. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
Found that chitosan1
- However, studies in people have found that chitosan did not increase levels of fat excreted. (mskcc.org)
Amounts of chitosan1
- 1 Other studies using smaller amounts of chitosan have reported no effects on weight loss. (adventisthealthcare.com)
Evidence that chitosan1
- There is no evidence that chitosan is effective for weight control. (quackwatch.org)
Suggests that chitosan2
Indicates that chitosan2
Degree of deacetylation1
- Chitosan with a degree of deacetylation of about 70% was produced by hot alkaline deacetylation (DDA) at 90°C for 8 hours or at room temperature deacetylation for 7 days. (osti.gov)
Concentrations of chitosan2
- In lab conditions, low concentrations of chitosan were effective. (xinhuanet.com)
- The pure drug and the prepared co-crystals with different concentrations of chitosan (0.05-0.6%) were characterized in terms of solubility, drug content, particle size, thermal behaviour (differential scanning calorimetry, DSC), X-ray diffraction (XRD), morphology (scanning electron microscopy, SEM), in vitro drug release and stability studies. (unboundmedicine.com)
Cell adhesion and proliferation1
- Silk fibroin served as a substrate for cell adhesion and proliferation while chitosan has a structure similar to that of glycosaminoglycans, and shows promise for cartilage repair. (nih.gov)
- Chitosan is a fiber extracted from the exoskeletons of shrimp and other crustaceans and has the ability to attract and expel dietary fats in the digestive system. (phentramin-d.us)
- Chitosan comes from chitin, which is part of the outer shell-like structure of insects, spiders, and crustaceans. (davidsnaturalmarket.com)
- Variation of the rate constants of the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosan with temperature follows the Arrhenius equation. (mdpi.com)
- Chitosan has long been considered as the potent substance that binds fat and stop it from accumulating in our bodies. (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- Greater solubilization means that Chitosan binds to ingested dietary fat almost immediately, greatly reducing the amount absorbed during digestion. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- Studies show that Lipoosan Ultra® Chitosan binds several times more dietary fat than other leading national brands. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- Her team therefore used ionic gelation to produce the CNPs by placing chitosan in a mild, acidic and aqueous solution to dissolve it. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- Although several subacute studies in animals show that chitosan has hypercholesterolemic properties and may influence weight gain, it may also cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies. (nih.gov)
- Although chitosan has an excellent number of properties, some of them especially desired for a specific application may be constituted by a chitosan modification. (scirp.org)
- In conclusion, the results of this study highlight novel endocrine mechanisms involving the modulation of serum leptin and CRP concentrations by which chitosan exhibits anti-obesity properties in vivo. (nih.gov)
- This chapter reviews some of the most recent studies into the properties of chitosan-based film-forming dispersions, either containing chitosan alone or in combination with other food ingredients. (safaribooksonline.com)
- Chemical modification of chitin and chitosan with sulfate to generate new bifunctional materials is of interest because the modification would not change the fundamental skeleton of chitin and chitosan, would keep the original physicochemical and biochemical properties and finally would bring new or improved properties. (amrita.edu)
- STACKER 3 contains Chitosan, an ingredient known for its fat binding properties. (illpumpyouup.com)
- The properties of chitosan relate to its polyelectrolyte and polymeric carbohydrate character. (google.com)
- Belgian hi-tech ingredient developer, KitoZyme, says its fungi-sourced version of the weight management ingredient, chitosan, will be commercially available in food supplements in 2009. (nutraingredients.com)
- Chitosan 750 mg is one of many exceptional weight loss supplements from Kal . (evitamins.com)
- Chitosan can be purchased either as Chitosan supplements or as an ingredient in herbal diet pills. (phentramin-d.us)
- Now-a-days, people across the globe are taking Chitosan in form of supplements with their meals. (thehealthsuccesssite.com)
- Basically stated, chitosan is a special fiber which is able to 'soak up' or absorb anywhere from six to ten times its weight in fat and oils. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Chitosan is a 100% natural and acts as a super fiber. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Like other forms of fiber, such as oat bran, chitosan is not well digested by the human body. (epnet.com)
- Like dietary fiber, chitosan is not digestible but may have beneficial effects on the gastrointestinal tract. (illpumpyouup.com)
- Chitosan- Superior Fat Absorbing Action Chitosan is a unique fat-absorbing dietary fiber derived from crab chitin. (bestpricenutrition.com)
- Fig. 2 BSR curves of chitosan fiber (CT) and blend fibers CTG-2, CTG4 0 20 40 60 80 100 28 21 14 7 0 CT CTG-2 CTG-4 BSR (%) t / day. (scientific.net)
- The objectives of the present study were to evaluate (1) blood clot adhesion in fresh microfracture defects and (2) the quality of the repair, at six months postoperatively, of microfracture defects that had been treated with or without chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood clot implants, using a sheep model. (nih.gov)
- the microfracture defects in one knee received no further treatment, and the microfracture defects in the contralateral knee were filled with chitosan-glycerol phosphate/autologous whole blood and the implants were allowed to solidify. (nih.gov)
- Fresh defects in these four sheep were collected at one hour postoperatively to compare the retention of the chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood clot with that of the normal clot and to define the histologic characteristics of these fresh defects. (nih.gov)
- In the defects that were examined one hour postoperatively, chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood clots showed increased adhesion to the walls of the defects as compared with the blood clots in the untreated microfracture defects. (nih.gov)
- Repair tissue from medial femoral condyle defects that had been treated with chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood contained more cells and more collagen compared with control defects and showed complete restoration of glycosaminoglycan levels. (nih.gov)
- Solidification of a chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood implant in microfracture defects improved cartilage repair compared with microfracture alone by increasing the amount of tissue and improving its biochemical composition and cellular organization. (nih.gov)
- In this study, we developed an injectable carrier for demineralized bone matrix (DBM) which consists of chitosan and glycerol phosphate (GP). (scientific.net)
- Flocculation Chitosan have above characteristics, and is a product of natural, nonpoisonous, safe and harmless etc. (fuzing.com)
- One of the methods used to improve the solubility characteristics of chitin and chitosan is chemical modification. (amrita.edu)
- In the presence of functional groups on chitosan, it is possible to modify it with nanosilica as inorganic filler to improve its characteristics. (intechopen.com)
Membranes were prepared1
- Chitosan membranes were prepared by solvent evaporation and the crosslinks were introduced by reaction with sulfuric acid solution. (scirp.org)
- Production of chitosan also comprises culturing organisms that are genetically modified to produce chitosan without the need for chemical modification. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Mycodev Group, a company producing pharmaceutical-grade fungalderived chitosan, uses a proprietary species of filamentous fungus to produce chitosan using submerged fermentation. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- However, chitosan is able to significantly bind with fat molecules and convert them into a form which the human body does not absorb. (vanderbilt.edu)
- 2,3 However, despite some mildly positive results, the current balance of evidence suggests chitosan does not in fact significantly aid weight loss. (epnet.com)
- A double-blind Polish study found that people taking 1,500 mg of chitosan three times daily during a weight loss program lost significantly more weight than people taking a placebo with the same program. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- A small study showed that men taking 5 grams of chitosan with a meal resulted in no elevation in blood pressure, while the same meal without chitosan significantly elevated systolic blood pressure. (illpumpyouup.com)
- The chitosan/tea tree oil treatment reduced significantly the fungal infection on seeds (right) compared with the inoculated and not treated seeds (left). (intechopen.com)
- These results suggest that Chitosan membrnae significantly enhanced bone and cementum formation in advanced periodontal defects. (scientific.net)
- To overcome these shortcomings, the objective of the present study was to create multilayered bio-polyelectrolyte chitosan (CHI) and alginate (ALG) composite by a layer by layer (LbL) self-assembly process on the surface of doxorubicin (DOX)-PLGA NPs. (aiche.org)
- Another stated advantage of chitosan comes from the idea that the chitosan-bound fat leaves the intestinal tract without ever entering the bloodstream. (vanderbilt.edu)
- 1. The effect of dietary chitosan on fat deposition and lipase activity in the small intestinal contents was investigated in broiler chickens fed an adequate or high metabolisable energy (ME) diet. (ingentaconnect.com)
- 5. Dietary chitosan increased the weight of intestinal concentration. (ingentaconnect.com)
- 6. Dietary chitosan decreased the lipase activity per g of small intestinal contents. (ingentaconnect.com)
- 5 In addition, although chitosan-included alterations in intestinal flora are believed to be beneficial, the possibility that these changes may have negative long-term consequences has not been ruled out. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- People with intestinal malabsorption syndromes should not use chitosan. (adventisthealthcare.com)
- The in vitro release profiles of ibuprofen from montmorillonite-chitosan/ibuprofen was studied at 37º±0.5º under simulated gastric and intestinal media at pH 1.2 and pH 7.4, respectively. (ijpsonline.com)
- (Revolutionary Discovery: Chitosan) The producers of chitosan-based products also try to claim that since a person taking chitosan continues to eat some sort of fats and is able to continue eating these types of food, the body does not crave such fattening foods nor is it starving or feeling any added sense of hunger. (vanderbilt.edu)
- For this reason, Chitosan expands in the stomach and helps to suppress appetite as well as remove fats. (phentramin-d.us)
- One of the major side effects of taking Chitosan is the removal of healthy fats and some vitamins and minerals from the body. (phentramin-d.us)