Organic chemistry methodology that mimics the modular nature of various biosynthetic processes. It uses highly reliable and selective reactions designed to "click" i.e., rapidly join small modular units together in high yield, without offensive byproducts. In combination with COMBINATORIAL CHEMISTRY TECHNIQUES, it is used for the synthesis of new compounds and combinatorial libraries.
Clinical Chemistry Tests
Combinatorial Chemistry Techniques
Conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills. These disorders may result from organic or psychological conditions. Relatively common subtypes include DYSLEXIA, DYSCALCULIA, and DYSGRAPHIA.
Chemistry Techniques, Synthetic
Green Chemistry Technology
Organic Chemistry Phenomena
Chemistry Techniques, Analytical
School Admission Criteria
Chemical and physical transformation of the biogenic elements from their nucleosynthesis in stars to their incorporation and subsequent modification in planetary bodies and terrestrial biochemistry. It includes the mechanism of incorporation of biogenic elements into complex molecules and molecular systems, leading up to the origin of life.
Education of Hearing Disabled
College Admission Test
The molecular designing of drugs for specific purposes (such as DNA-binding, enzyme inhibition, anti-cancer efficacy, etc.) based on knowledge of molecular properties such as activity of functional groups, molecular geometry, and electronic structure, and also on information cataloged on analogous molecules. Drug design is generally computer-assisted molecular modeling and does not include pharmacokinetics, dosage analysis, or drug administration analysis.
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
Tests designed to assess language behavior and abilities. They include tests of vocabulary, comprehension, grammar and functional use of language, e.g., Development Sentence Scoring, Receptive-Expressive Emergent Language Scale, Parsons Language Sample, Utah Test of Language Development, Michigan Language Inventory and Verbal Language Development Scale, Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities, Northwestern Syntax Screening Test, Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Ammons Full-Range Picture Vocabulary Test, and Assessment of Children's Language Comprehension.
Quality Indicators, Health Care
A set of cognitive functions that controls complex, goal-directed thought and behavior. Executive function involves multiple domains, such as CONCEPT FORMATION, goal management, cognitive flexibility, INHIBITION control, and WORKING MEMORY. Impaired executive function is seen in a range of disorders, e.g., SCHIZOPHRENIA; and ADHD.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Organic Chemistry Processes
Body of knowledge related to the use of organisms, cells or cell-derived constituents for the purpose of developing products which are technically, scientifically and clinically useful. Alteration of biologic function at the molecular level (i.e., GENETIC ENGINEERING) is a central focus; laboratory methods used include TRANSFECTION and CLONING technologies, sequence and structure analysis algorithms, computer databases, and gene and protein structure function analysis and prediction.
Early Intervention (Education)
Procedures and programs that facilitate the development or skill acquisition in infants and young children who have disabilities, who are at risk for developing disabilities, or who are gifted. It includes programs that are designed to prevent handicapping conditions in infants and young children and family-centered programs designed to affect the functioning of infants and children with special needs. (From Journal of Early Intervention, Editorial, 1989, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 3; A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, prepared for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, 1976)
A cognitive disorder characterized by an impaired ability to comprehend written and printed words or phrases despite intact vision. This condition may be developmental or acquired. Developmental dyslexia is marked by reading achievement that falls substantially below that expected given the individual's chronological age, measured intelligence, and age-appropriate education. The disturbance in reading significantly interferes with academic achievement or with activities of daily living that require reading skills. (From DSM-IV)
The ability to understand and manage emotions and to use emotional knowledge to enhance thought and deal effectively with tasks. Components of emotional intelligence include empathy, self-motivation, self-awareness, self-regulation, and social skill. Emotional intelligence is a measurement of one's ability to socialize or relate to others.
Anniversaries and Special Events
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Disorders in which there is a delay in development based on that expected for a given age level or stage of development. These impairments or disabilities originate before age 18, may be expected to continue indefinitely, and constitute a substantial impairment. Biological and nonbiological factors are involved in these disorders. (From American Psychiatric Glossary, 6th ed)
Healthy People Programs
Healthy People Programs are a set of health objectives to be used by governments, communities, professional organizations, and others to help develop programs to improve health. It builds on initiatives pursued over the past two decades beginning with the 1979 Surgeon General's Report, Healthy People, Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives, and Healthy People 2010. These established national health objectives and served as the basis for the development of state and community plans. These are administered by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). Similar programs are conducted by other national governments.
Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity
A behavior disorder originating in childhood in which the essential features are signs of developmentally inappropriate inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Although most individuals have symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity, one or the other pattern may be predominant. The disorder is more frequent in males than females. Onset is in childhood. Symptoms often attenuate during late adolescence although a minority experience the full complement of symptoms into mid-adulthood. (From DSM-V)
The study of the energy of electrons ejected from matter by the photoelectric effect, i.e., as a direct result of absorption of energy from electromagnetic radiation. As the energies of the electrons are characteristic of a specific element, the measurement of the energy of these electrons is a technique used to determine the chemical composition of surfaces.
Child Behavior Disorders
Persons With Hearing Impairments
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Academies and Institutes
Statistics as Topic
Polymers of ETHYLENE OXIDE and water, and their ethers. They vary in consistency from liquid to solid depending on the molecular weight indicated by a number following the name. They are used as SURFACTANTS, dispersing agents, solvents, ointment and suppository bases, vehicles, and tablet excipients. Some specific groups are NONOXYNOLS, OCTOXYNOLS, and POLOXAMERS.
A group of Indian Ocean Islands, east of Tanzania. Their capital is Victoria. They were first claimed by the French in 1744 but taken by the English in 1794 and made a dependency of MAURITIUS in 1810. They became a crown colony in 1903 and a republic within the Commonwealth in 1976. They were named for the French finance minister, Jean Moreau de Sechelles, but respelled by the English in 1794. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p1102 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p496)
United States Public Health Service
Indicators and Reagents
Substances used for the detection, identification, analysis, etc. of chemical, biological, or pathologic processes or conditions. Indicators are substances that change in physical appearance, e.g., color, at or approaching the endpoint of a chemical titration, e.g., on the passage between acidity and alkalinity. Reagents are substances used for the detection or determination of another substance by chemical or microscopical means, especially analysis. Types of reagents are precipitants, solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fluxes, and colorimetric reagents. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed, p301, p499)
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
The vapor state of matter; nonelastic fluids in which the molecules are in free movement and their mean positions far apart. Gases tend to expand indefinitely, to diffuse and mix readily with other gases, to have definite relations of volume, temperature, and pressure, and to condense or liquefy at low temperatures or under sufficient pressure. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
Neutral or negatively charged ligands bonded to metal cations or neutral atoms. The number of ligand atoms to which the metal center is directly bonded is the metal cation's coordination number, and this number is always greater than the regular valence or oxidation number of the metal. A coordination complex can be negative, neutral, or positively charged.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
A scheme which provides reimbursement for the health services rendered, generally by an institution, and which provides added financial rewards if certain conditions are met. Such a scheme is intended to promote and reward increased efficiency and cost containment, with better care, or at least without adverse effect on the quality of the care rendered.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
The interdisciplinary science that studies evolutionary biology, including the origin and evolution of the major elements required for life, their processing in the interstellar medium and in protostellar systems. This field also includes the study of chemical evolution and the subsequent interactions between evolving biota and planetary evolution as well as the field of biology that deals with the study of extraterrestrial life.
Analysis of Variance
The absence of certain expected and acceptable cultural phenomena in the environment which results in the failure of the individual to communicate and respond in the most appropriate manner within the context of society. Language acquisition and language use are commonly used in assessing this concept.
Performing the role of a parent by care-giving, nurturance, and protection of the child by a natural or substitute parent. The parent supports the child by exercising authority and through consistent, empathic, appropriate behavior in response to the child's needs. PARENTING differs from CHILD REARING in that in child rearing the emphasis is on the act of training or bringing up the children and the interaction between the parent and child, while parenting emphasizes the responsibility and qualities of exemplary behavior of the parent.
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
American Academy of Achievement. Views, Chem. "Frances Arnold Awarded Emanuel Merck Lectureship 2013". Chemistry Views Magazine ... Fernholm, Ann (October 3, 2018). "A (r)evolution in chemistry" (PDF). The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2018: Popular Science ... "Meet Frances Arnold, Teenage Rebel Turned Nobel Laureate , College of Chemistry". chemistry.berkeley.edu. Retrieved October 30 ... Arnold had no chemistry background before pursuing a doctorate in chemical engineering. For the first year of her Ph.D. ...
Yuan T. Lee
"Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. "Chemical ... College of Chemistry". chemistry.berkeley.edu. Retrieved 10 March 2019. "Yuan T. Lee Biographical (The Nobel Prize in Chemistry ... College of Chemistry". chemistry.berkeley.edu. Retrieved 10 March 2019. "Nobel Laureate Yuan T. Lee to speak on campus at ... One of the major goals of chemistry is the study of material transformations where chemical kinetics plays an important role. ...
"Oak Ridge at 75". Chemistry World. Retrieved 2018-08-08. "Julie Ezold". Marquis Who's Who Top Engineers. 2018-02-12. Retrieved ... "Julie Ezold". Who's Who Lifetime Achievement. 2018-06-22. Retrieved 2018-08-08. "ORNL Awards - The Whole Shebang". Atomic City ... Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry Articles. 180 (1): 179-185. doi:10.1007/bf02039917. ISSN 0236-5731. S2CID ...
"Prakash Receives Lifetime Achievement Award". Chemistry Views. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 16 November 2015. "List of Former ... The Government of Karnataka honoured him again with Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012 and the Lifetime Achievement Award of ... V. Subramanyan Industrial Achievement Award and CFTRI Best Alumnus Award, in 1999. All India Food Processors' Association ( ... During his tenure as the head of CFTRI, he established the Advanced School of Protein Chemistry and Technology, for advanced ...
Dervilla M. X. Donnelly
"Institute Awards". Institute of Chemistry of Ireland. Retrieved 19 July 2017. "Lifetime Achievement Awards". WITS. Retrieved 19 ... with their inaugural Lifetime Achievement award. Dervilla Donnelly was born in Dublin. She studied Chemistry at University ... Her research in the area of wood chemistry was of particular interest to the forestry industry in Ireland and she was able to ... In the same year she received the Boyle-Higgins gold medal award from the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland, awarded for "an ...
American Academy of Achievement. Shampo, M. A.; Kyle, R. A. (2000). "Johann Deisenhofer-Nobel Laureate in Chemistry". Mayo ... "Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. ... 1992). Nobel Lectures, Chemistry 1981-1990. World Scientific Publishing Co. Retrieved June 24, 2014. " ... received the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1988 for their determination of the first crystal structure of an integral membrane ...
Catherine King (scientist)
King received the 2006 CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement, for her research advances in assessment and regulation of ... Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-08-19. "Welcome". ... "CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement". CSIRO. 2006. Retrieved 2016-06-19. "Endpoint SETAC newsletter vol 13.1" (PDF). setac.org ...
"Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. Archived ... "Mario Molina, Mexico chemistry Nobel winner, dies at 77". ABC News (USA). Associated Press. October 7, 2020. Archived from the ... "Mario J. Molina, Ph.D. Biography and Interview". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. Archived from the ... He was the first Mexican-born scientist to receive a Nobel Prize in Chemistry and the third Mexican born person to receive the ...
Percy L. Julian Award
"Professor William Lester awarded lifetime achievement award". UC Berkeley, College of Chemistry. July 29, 2019. Retrieved 25 ... "James Mitchell Wins Percy L. Julian Award". Analytical Chemistry. 53 (9): 1092A. 25 May 2012. doi:10.1021/ac00232a751. PMID ... "Recipients of the Division of Analytical Chemistry Awards 2008: Award in Spectrochemical Analysis" (PDF). DAC Newsletter Fall ... Tanksalvala, Sarah (November 27, 2017). "Alumnus wins prestigious national chemistry award". CU Denver News. Retrieved 25 ...
Ulmas Mirsaidovich Mirsaidov
"Directions and main achievements". Chemistry.tj. Retrieved 2013-11-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "News - 2012". ... Starting 1973 he worked in V. I. Nikitin Institute of Chemistry. under AS RT. From 1988 till 2003, he was a director of this ... In 1970, he entered to the post graduate courses in I.S.Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry under USSR AS and ... He is a great authority in the field of hydrogen compounds chemistry. For the first time in Tajikistan, he started systematic ...
Pradeep Mathur (scientist)
"Summary of Achievements" (PDF). Science and Engineering Research Board. 2016. Advances in Organometallic Chemistry. Academic ... degree by the University of Keele in the U.K. Cluster chemistry India portal Chemistry portal "Director". IIT Indore. 2016. " ... Organometallics, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry and Journal of Cluster Science as a member of their editorial boards. ... Mathur's researches were focused on the organometallic chemistry of mixed metal cluster compounds and he has developed ...
... and ionic liquid chemistry, particularly as applied to solid phase materials. He is known for his mentoring of Chemistry ... "SEC Faculty Achievement Awards , SECU". www.thesecu.com. Retrieved 2020-02-10. "Stanley C. Israel Regional Award Archive". ... Isiah Manuel Warner is the Boyd and Phillip W. West Professor of Surface and Analytical Chemistry and the Vice President for ... He is a graduate of Southern University where he received his BS degree in Chemistry. Warner received his doctorate in ...
American Academy of Achievement. Jackson & Panofsky 1996, p. 230. Seaborg 1993, pp. 290-291. "Nobel Prize Medal in Chemistry ... In 1951, McMillan shared the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Seaborg "for their discoveries in the chemistry of the transuranium ... "Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. ... At the time it was believed that element 93 would have similar chemistry to rhenium, so he began working with Emilio Segrè, an ...
"Ronald Breslow Award for Achievement in Biomimetic Chemistry". American Chemical Society. Retrieved 14 June 2017. "Medalists by ... He was appointed as the first Bren Professor of Chemistry in 1988. He served as Chair of Caltech's Division of Chemistry and ... "the course of research in organic chemistry through his studies at the interface of chemistry and biology" as a result of his ... "Peter B. Dervan". Chemistry Tree. Retrieved 14 June 2017. Dervan, Peter Brendan (1973). The stereochemistry of the thermal ...
Elected Member, National Academy of Sciences, 2010 Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2006 Breslow Award for Achievement ... "Ronald Breslow Award for Achievement in Biomimetic Chemistry , Chemical & Engineering News". cen.acs.org. Retrieved 2020-03-27 ... Imperiali's work became focused on problems at the chemistry-biology interface, using chemistry to better understand the ... She is an elected member of the National Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. Imperiali was ...
Marie-Anne Paulze Lavoisier
... which presented a unified view of chemistry as a field. This work proved pivotal in the progression of chemistry, as it ... Lavoisier's Achievement." Cornell Chronicle [New York]. 30 Jan. 2007. 12 Apr. 2007. Eagle, Cassandra T. and Sloan, Jennifer. " ... Together, the Lavoisiers rebuilt the field of chemistry, which had its roots in alchemy and at the time was a convoluted ... She also assisted him by translating documents about chemistry from English to French. In fact, the majority of the research ...
Charles Stetson Wheeler
Lyon, D. N.; Pitzer, K. S.; Shirley, D. A. "William Francis Giauque, Chemistry: Berkeley". Calisphere. Retrieved March 16, 2011 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Baird, William Raimond (1914). Betas of achievement. The Beta Publishing Co. pp. 343- ...
Paul J. Crutzen
Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement (1989). *Volvo Environment Prize (1991). *Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1995) ... he works at the Department of Atmospheric Chemistry at the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, in Mainz, Germany; the ... Crutzen has conducted research primarily in atmospheric chemistry. He is best known for his research on ... "Atmospheric Chemistry: Start Page". Atmosphere.mpg.de. Archived from the original on 8 November 2008. Retrieved 27 October 2008 ...
Sohel MH (2016). "Extracellular/Circulating MicroRNAs: Release Mechanisms, Functions and Challenges". Achievements in the Life ... The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 282 (17): 12363-7. doi:10.1074/jbc.C700015200. PMID 17344217. Yang B, Lin H, Xiao J, Lu Y ... The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 281 (12): 7960-7. doi:10.1074/jbc.M510682200. PMID 16431920. Jun-Hao ET, Gupta RR, Shyh- ... The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 279 (40): 42230-9. doi:10.1074/jbc.M404931200. PMID 15292246. Khvorova A, Reynolds A, ...
... chemistry); the late Carlos F. Barbas (chemistry); Dennis Burton (microbiology); Benjamin Cravatt III (biology and biochemistry ... "Scientific Achievements". scripps.edu. "US News and World Reports rankings for Scripps Research Institute". US News and World ... A program in Chemistry followed three years after the establishment of the MCSC Program. In 2003, the institute redefined the ... "2011 Sep/Oct - Chemistry, At the Highest Level". ScienceWatch.com. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2012-10-29. Eric Topol, MD "TSRI ...
"Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. Roger ... Organic chemistry , work_institution = University of Berlin, Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Chemistry, University of Illinois at ... The award is given every other year where the award address is provided at the National Organic Chemistry Symposium, which is ... In 1916, Adams accepted an offer of an assistant professorship from William A. Noyes, head of the chemistry department at ...
Roger Y. Tsien
Royal Society of Chemistry, UK (2010) Golden Goose Award (2012) Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement (2012 ... "Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. "Bowditch ... "The Chemistry of Fluorescent Indicators: the Work of Roger Y. Tsien", Journal of Biological Chemistry, September 15, 2006. ... Oct/Nov 2015 San Diego Science Festival Lunch with a Laureate 诺贝尔化学奖得主钱永健系吴越国王34世孙 [Nobel Chemistry Prize winner Roger
Hii was also elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. In 2016 Hii became co-editor in chief of the open access ... Chemistry Central Journal. In 2019 Mimi Hii was shortlisted for an Asian Women of Achievement Award. "Centre for Rapid Online ... "Chemistry Tree - King Kuok (Mimi) Hii Family Tree". academictree.org. Retrieved 2019-05-06. London, Main campus address: ... These include articles, reviews and books on sustainable chemistry methods. In 2010 Hii joined the Steering Group of the ...
Rudolph A. Marcus
... the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement and the Hirschfelder Prize in Theoretical Chemistry in 1993. He ... "Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. "Rudolph A ... Rudolph A. Marcus: The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1992 "The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1992". Nobelprize.org. Retrieved 2013-08-01 ... At McGill, Marcus took more math courses than an average chemistry student, which would later aid him in creating his theory on ...
George S. Hammond
"Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. IUPAC, ... "Organic Chemistry" 4th ed. 2005. Carey, Francis A.; Sundberg, Richard (2007). Advanced Organic Chemistry Part A:Structure and ... He graduated with a Bachelors of Science in chemistry magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in January 1943. Upon graduating from ... He also gave notable speeches on political issues such as the invasion of Cambodia, and various topics on Chemistry. The talks ...
Paul D. Boyer
"Golden Plate Awardees of the American Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. American Academy of Achievement. Paul D. ... He received a B.S. in chemistry from Brigham Young University in 1939 and obtained a Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation ... Since 1963, he had been a Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at University of California, Los Angeles. ... Paul Delos Boyer (July 31, 1918 - June 2, 2018) was an American biochemist, analytical chemist, and a professor of chemistry at ...
List of Georgetown University alumni
"Alumni in the News , Academia". Department of Chemistry. Georgetown University (chemistry.georgetown.edu). Retrieved October 17 ... "Lifetime Achievement Award Goes to Dr. Kevin C. Kiley". ACOG Annual Meeting eDaily. Retrieved October 17, 2015. " ...
"For outstanding achievement in creative chemistry." Eli Lilly Award in Biological Chemistry, ACS (1993). "For fundamental ... Chemistry departments have changed their names to include the term chemical biology and new journals have been introduced (Cell ... In 1980, he joined the faculty of Yale University as an assistant professor in Chemistry, and in 1988 he moved to Harvard ... Schreiber obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from the University of Virginia in 1977, after which he entered ...
Her research includes aerosol-cloud-chemistry-climate interactions. She received the NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal in 2005 ... Chin received a B.S. degree in chemistry from East China Normal University in 1982, a M.A. degree in chemistry from Ball State ... In 2005, she was awarded the exceptional achievement award and NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal from GSFC. Chin, Mian (2009 ... For nine years, a Chin and group of other children quietly studied math, physics and chemistry. Her parents and friend's mother ...
Edith M. Flanigen
She and her two sisters, Joan and Jane, were introduced to chemistry by their high school teacher. The three sisters all went ... 1993 Garvan Medal 2004 National Inventors Hall of Fame 2004 Lemelson-MIT Lifetime Achievement Award 2012 Edith M. Flanigen ... Joan and Edith both went on to receive master's degrees in chemistry at Syracuse University. Flanigen received an M.S. in ... Marsh, Andrea C. (1992). "Short List, In the Chemistry". Syracuse University Magazine. 9 (2): 7. Miller, Susan (May 1, 2008). " ...
... chemistry, physics, and engineering. The rise in technology has led to skyscrapers and broad urban areas whose inhabitants rely ... Electrification is believed to be the most important engineering achievement of the 20th century. ...
Women's education in the United States
The Women's Book of World Records and Achievements. Anchor Press. p. 204. ISBN 0-385-12733-2. First Hindu Woman Doctor. ... 1947: Marie Maynard Daly became the first African-American woman to earn a Ph.D. in chemistry, which she earned from Columbia ... 1870: Ellen Swallow Richards became the first American woman to earn a degree in chemistry, which she earned from Vassar ...
Ohio State University
"National Merit and Achievement Scholars, 1995-2004" (PDF). National Association of College and University Business Officers. ... Chemistry. 30 Clinical Psychology. 37 Computer Science. 30 Earth Sciences. 38 Economics. 29 ...
Leon M. Lederman
"Leon Lederman Biography - Academy of Achievement". www.achievement.org. 11 June 2011. Archived from the original on 2 October ... this movement seeks to rearrange the current high school science curriculum so that physics precedes chemistry and biology. ... Among his achievements are the discovery of the muon neutrino in 1962 and the bottom quark in 1977. These helped establish ...
فهرست یهودیان برنده جایزه نوبل - ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد
"for his important achievement both in contemporary lyrical poetry and in the field of the great Russian epic tradition" ... for] his services to organic chemistry and the chemical industry by his pioneer work in the field of ترکیبهای آلیفاتیک حلقویs" ... "for their outstanding achievements in developing direct methods for the determination of crystal structures" ... "for his achievements in the fields of consumption analysis, monetary history and theory and for his demonstration of the ...
In 1961, Laurel was given a Lifetime Achievement Academy Award for his pioneering work in comedy, and he has a star on the ... The two became friends and their comic chemistry soon became obvious. Roach Studios' supervising director Leo McCarey noticed ... In 1961, Stan Laurel was given a Lifetime Achievement Academy Award for his pioneering work in comedy. He had achieved his ...
I. Isolation and characterization of the protein-glycogen complex". Journal of Biological Chemistry. 245 (24): 6642-6648. PMID ... This accomplishment was one of many landmark achievements made by Carl and Gerty Cori. In 1943, with the help of Arda Green, ...
Science in the Age of Enlightenment
Chemistry. Main article: History of Chemistry. The chemical revolution was a period in the 18th century marked by ... The key achievement of the chemical revolution has traditionally been viewed as the abandonment of phlogiston theory in favour ... Transition to and acceptance of Lavoisier's new chemistry varied in pace across Europe. The new chemistry was established in ... The Development of Modern Chemistry. New York: Harper & Row.. Jacob, Margaret C. 1988. The Cultural Meaning of the Scientific ...
Their achievements were recognized in 1965, when the Nobel Prize was shared by François Jacob, Jacques Monod and André Lwoff ... Fourneau and the Laboratory of Medicinal ChemistryEdit. Regarding curative medicine, it was in 1911 that it took off at the ... Institut Pasteur, when Ernest Fourneau created the Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, which he directed until 1944, and from ...
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist
Chemistry. See also: Gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor § Agonists. GnRH agonists are synthetically modeled after ... and achievement of castrate levels by 2-4 wk . Most studies demonstrate an increase in peak serum T concentrations by 40- ...
"Engineering Chemistry I (WBUT), 3rd Edition". books.google.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-01-13.. ... "Achievement - Biofuel: Shell backs out of indigenous territory - Rainforest Rescue". Retrieved 30 May 2015.. ... R. E. Teixeira (2012). "Energy-efficient extraction of fuel and chemical feedstocks from algae". Green Chemistry. 14 (2): 419- ... Hernández, M.R.; Reyes-Labarta, J.A. (2010). "Reyes-Labarta". Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 49 (19): 9068-9076. ...
Gilbert F. White, 1911-2006: Local Legacies, National Achievements, and Global Visions. Annals of the Association of American ... Stanley Brun Award for Creativity from the American Association of Geographers (AAG), *Lifetime Achievement Award from the ...
Royal Society of New South Wales
... and internationally renowned chemists with outstanding achievements in computational and theoretical quantum chemistry. ... Chemistry. 2009. Professor Craig's research work was in several fields but was especially pioneering in the then new and very ... Mathematics, physics, nuclear chemistry. 2011. Professor Trewhella gained an international recognition for her work at Los ... He recognised the role of volcanism and sedimentation in the formation of new ore deposits, and the physics and chemistry ...
John Meurig Thomas
a b Principles and Practice of Heterogeneous Catalysis (Chemistry) ISBN 352729239X *^ a b Michael Faraday and the Royal ... "honouring the achievements of Sir John Meurig Thomas, a distinguished professor in the field of catalysis." The JMT Medal will ... surface and materials chemistry and pioneered the application of electron microscopy in chemistry. In 1977 he was elected a ... then a separate department from the Department of Chemistry, which covered Organic, Inorganic and Theoretical Chemistry) and ...
Julie Campbell (vascular biologist)
She had always intended to pursue a career in chemistry, and did not take any biology classes until college. After taking her ... In 1992, Campbell founded the Australian Vascular Biology Society, which she cites as the achievement she is most proud of. ... and studied chemistry part-time at the University of New South Wales in the evenings. ... and went to study physiology instead of chemistry. She was the first physiology honors student at her university. Julie Hazel ...
List of atheists in science and technology
She along with her husband, Frédéric Joliot-Curie, was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1935. ... His greatest achievement was the world's first programmable computer; the functional program-controlled Turing-complete Z3 ... Creations of Fire: Chemistry's Lively History from Alchemy to the Atomic Age. New York: Plenum, 1995. Print. "But Nobel, both ... Peter Atkins (1940-): English quantum chemist and professor of chemistry at Lincoln College, Oxford in England. ...
Unraveling the Complex Chemistry and Pharmacology of Cannabis sativa. Progress in the Chemistry of Organic Natural Products. ... "Interview with the winner of the first ECNP Lifetime Achievement Award: Raphael Mechoulam, Israel". February 2007. Archived ... "Chemistry & Biodiversity. 4 (8): 1770-804. doi:10.1002/cbdv.200790152. PMC 2689518. PMID 17712819. THC is highly lipophilic and ... "Clinical Chemistry. 55 (12): 2180-2189. doi:10.1373/clinchem.2008.122119. PMC 3196989. PMID 19833841.. ...
In September 2015, Fraunhofer ISE announced the achievement of an efficiency above 20% for epitaxial wafer cells. The work on ... Cambridge, UK: Royal Society of Chemistry, 2014. 425-54. Print. RSC Energy and Environment Ser. ... The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters. 1 (10): 1524. doi:10.1021/jz100308q.. ...
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
Today AECL develops peaceful applications from nuclear technology through expertise in physics, metallurgy, chemistry, biology ... and also in 1987 the CANDU design was ranked one of Canada's top-10 engineering achievements. ...
Pierre Jean Robiquet
Notable scientific achievements were among other things his isolation and characterization of properties of asparagine (the ... Registered Pharmacist (1808), lecturer in chemistry at the École Polytechnique (1811), Deputy Professor in History of ... then a mere youngster working as assistant at the Royal College of Chemistry in London within a team intent on research over ... made it become the first really mass industry-produced dye and enabled the rise of BASF to first rank in the chemistry industry ...
Some state in defence o thes at thaur is aiblins a positife correlation atween report frequency an academic achievement. Thaur ... Pure and Applied Chemistry. 83 (5): 1159-1162. doi:10.1351/pac-rec-09-01-22.. CS1 maint: multiple names: authors leet (link). ... a definition jointly adoptit bi the Internaitional Union o Pure an Applee'd Chemistry (IUPAC) an the Internaitional Union o ...
In chemistry, six times. In physics, nine times. In mathematics, twelve times. In philosophy, fourteen times.. ... Ashkenazi Jews have a noted history of achievement in Western societies in the fields of exact and social sciences, ... In those societies where they have been free to enter any profession, they have a record of high occupational achievement, ... In the scientific research fields of Chemistry, Economics, Physics, and Physiology/Medicine, the corresponding world and US ...
In 1965, she entered the University of Washington in Seattle as a chemistry major. When an advisor told her that "women do not ... 2008 Lifetime Achievement award, Hispanic Business Media. *1996-2011 Honorary Doctoral Degrees, Goucher College, University ... 1992 Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Award. *1994 Invited participant in the 1994 Forum on Science in the National ... 1999 Induction into the Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Hall of Fame. *2008 Catalyst Award - Science Club for Girls ...
نوبل انعام برائے کیمیا وصول کنندگان کی فہرست - آزاد دائرۃ المعارف، ویکیپیڈیا
"for his contribution to carbocation chemistry" 1995 پاول جے. کوٹزن نیدرلینڈز "for their work in atmospheric chemistry, ... "for his outstanding achievements in the art of organic synthesis" 1966 Robert S. Mulliken امریکا "for his fundamental work ... "for his discoveries in the field of macromolecular chemistry" 1954 لینس پالنگ امریکا "for his research into the nature of ... "for his development of computational methods in quantum chemistry" 1999 احمد زیول مصر "for his studies of the transition ...
Missouri University of Science and Technology
By the 1920s, the school expanded into civil, electrical, mechanical and chemical engineering as well as chemistry, physics, ... an award from the National Society of Professional Engineers for being one of 1985's Ten Outstanding Engineering Achievements.[ ...
Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science Louis E. Brus (Chemistry) Kenichi Iga William J. Borucki ... Additionally since 1990, the Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science (shortly the Bower Science Award) and the Bower ... Biology, Chemistry and Anatomy). *Joel N. Bloom Observatory, remodeled in 2006, features five telescopes, including a very ... Benjamin Franklin Medal in Chemistry see Bower Science Award Jerrold Meinwald Nadrian C. Seeman ...
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Oppenheimer's achievements in physics included the Born-Oppenheimer approximation for molecular wave functions, work on the ... Oppenheimer majored in chemistry, but Harvard required science students to also study history, literature, and philosophy or ... Oppenheimer later invited him to become head of the Chemistry Division of the Manhattan Project, but Pauling refused, saying he ... but chemistry, metallurgy, ordnance and engineering. Groves also detected in Oppenheimer something that many others did not, an ...
"Royal Society of Chemistry. 2020. Retrieved 4 January 2020.. *^ "Separaton [sic] of Rare Earth Elements by Charles James". ... Fabrication of Low NA, Large Mode Area fibers enable achievement of near perfect beam qualities (M2,1.1) at power levels of 1.5 ... Hammond, C. R. (2000). The Elements, in Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (81st ed.). CRC press. ISBN 978-0-8493-0481-1. .. ... "Chemistry International. October 2015. p. 26. doi:10.1515/ci-2015-0512. eISSN 0193-6484. ISSN 0193-6484.. ...
Hans Adolf Krebs
"Royal Society of Chemistry.. *^ a b Quayle, J. R. (1982). "Obituary". Microbiology. 128 (10): 2215-2220. doi:10.1099/00221287- ... Achievements. Urea cycle (Krebs-Henseleit cycle). While working at the Medical Clinic of the University of Freiburg ... In 1924 he studied at the Department of Chemistry at the Pathological Institute of the Charité Hospital, in Berlin, for ... It is awarded for outstanding achievements in biochemistry and molecular biology. ...
University of Bristol
In January 2005, the School of Chemistry was awarded £4.5m by the Higher Education Funding Council for England to create ... The University of Bristol is associated with two Ig Nobel Prizes, an award for unusual or trivial achievements in scientific ... "CETL - A£14M Boost for Teaching and Learning in Bristol Chemistry - 27/01/05". University of Bristol. 14 December 2007. ... Bristol ChemLabS stands for Bristol Chemical Laboratory Sciences; it is the only chemistry CETL in the UK. ...
Chemical Rubber Company Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award | Fastweb
Pittcon Recognizes Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award Ryan C. Bailey, University of Illinois. ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award for ... The LCGC Lifetime Achievement Award honors a seasoned professional for a lifetime of contributions to the advancement of ... There will be two new awards this year, the Lifetime Achievement in Chromatography Award and the Emerging Leader in ... The LCGC Lifetime Achievement in Chromatography Award Joseph Jack Kirkland, Advanced Materials Technology, Inc ...
Pittcon Recognizes Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award, Richard M. Crooks, University of Illinois. Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award, ... ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award for Young Investigators in Separation Science, Michael Roper, Florida State ... Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a ... the recipients of nine prestigious awards honoring scientists who have made outstanding contributions to analytical chemistry ...
SVSU - Center for Academic Achievement - Biology & Chemistry
Biology & Chemistry. Tutoring Services. Biology & Chemistry. Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM ... Biology and chemistry are often referred to as "killer courses". We can help. Our student tutors have taken these classes and ... To apply to become a Biology Chemistry Tutor download and complete this application and submit it to the CAA front desk. ...
Achievements | Chemistry | University of Southampton
Within Chemistry at the University of Southampton we have many prestigious awards & accolades for both our teaching & research ... Blue plaque for Chemistry Building. The Royal Society of Chemistry has awarded a blue plaque to Chemistry at Southampton. The ... Professors Phil Gale, Jonathan Essex and Malcolm Levitt have all been honoured for their achievements in Chemistry. Each has ... Chemistrys degree programmes have been accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), rating them highly in terms of ...
HIST Award for Outstanding Achievement in the History of Chemistry - Wikipedia
Oesper List of chemistry awards List of history awards "HIST AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF CHEMISTRY". ... The HIST Award for Outstanding Achievement in the History of Chemistry (2013-present) is given by the Division of the History ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "DEXTER AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF CHEMISTRY". American ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "EDELSTEIN AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF CHEMISTRY". American ...
John Dawson to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry | University of South Carolina
Congratulations to John Dawson who will receive the 2018 Eraldo Antonini Lifetime Achievement Award in Heme Protein Chemistry ... Professor John Dawson will be receiving the 2018 Eraldo Antonini Lifetime Achievement Award in Heme Protein Chemistry from the ... John Dawson to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award. ... Chemistry - Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (B.S.C.). * ...
James Flack Norris Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Teaching of Chemistry - Wikipedia
Design and Development of a Multimedia Constructivist Learning Environment to Affect the Achievement of Chemistry Learners:...
Design and Development of a Multimedia Constructivist Learning Environment to Affect the Achievement of Chemistry Learners: ... "Design and Development of a Multimedia Constructivist Learning Environment to Affect the Achievement of Chemistry Learners." ... Design and Development of a Multimedia Constructivist Learning Environment to Affect the Achievement of Chemistry Learners. ... The researcher also examines whether ability level and the cognitive styles affect the pupils achievement towards chemistry. ...
Goal orientations of general chemistry students via the achievement goal framework - Chemistry Education Research and Practice ...
The Achievement Goal Framework describes students goal orientations as: task-based, focusing on the successful completion of ... Goal orientations of general chemistry students via the achievement goal framework S. E. Lewis, Chem. Educ. Res. Pract., 2018, ... but have not been used in post-secondary chemistry. This study describes the goal orientations of General Chemistry students ... The Achievement Goal Framework describes students goal orientations as: task-based, focusing on the successful completion of ...
Pittcon Announces 2018 Award Recipients for Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Sp... ( ...
Achievements,in,Analytical,Chemistry,and,Applied,Spectroscopy,biological,advanced biology technology,biology laboratory ... Pittcon Analytical Chemistry Award Xiaowei Zhuang, Harvard University The Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award, Parastoo ... Pittcon Announces 2018 Award Recipients for Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy ... The LCGC Lifetime Achievement in Chromatography, Ronald Majors, ChromPrep The LCGC Emerging Leader in Chromatography Award, ...
Zeng honored for achievements in chemistry | Announce | University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Zeng honored for achievements in chemistry. Xiao Cheng Zeng. Chemistry professor Xiao Cheng Zeng has been selected for an honor ... recognizing outstanding achievements in chemistry.. Zeng, Ameritas Distinguished University Professor of chemistry, has been ... "meritorious contributions to the advancement of pure or applied chemistry, chemical education, and the profession of chemistry ...
9787501984503: Chemical Synthesis Analytical Chemistry (the construction program achievements series of national exemplary...
... the construction program achievements series of national exemplary vocational colleges) (Chinese Edition) at AbeBooks.co.uk - ... Chemical Synthesis Analytical Chemistry (the construction program achievements series of national exemplary vocational colleges ... Chemical Synthesis Analytical Chemistry (the construction program achievements series of national exemplary vocational colleges ... Analytical Chemistry overview of the learning modules. the basic operation of analytical chemistry learning objectives ...
Organic Chemistry Profs Receive Awards: Prof. Ganem and Prof. Dichtel recognized for their achievements | The Cornell Daily Sun
They have also just been awarded, separately, for their achievements and contributions: Ganem for his proven past and Dichtel ... William Dichtel have more in common than just being the instructors for the first and second semesters of organic chemistry, ... for his present ambition.Ganem, chemistry, will receive this years Esselen […] ... Organic Chemistry Profs Receive Awards: Prof. Ganem and Prof. Dichtel recognized for their achievements. By The Cornell Daily ...
Pittcon Conference - Expo Pittcon Announces 2018 Award Recipients for Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and...
Pittcon Announces 2018 Award Recipients for Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. ... of Chemistry, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Medicine at ... The award was established to honor an outstanding scientist who has advanced the field of bioanalytical chemistry through ... Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a ...
Faculty mindset affects racial achievement gap in Stem subjects | News | Chemistry World
Subscribers get unlimited access to Chemistry World. No more paywalls. Plus your subscription will help fund the charitable ... including chemistry - at a large unnamed public research university. The Indiana team also collected data on more than 15,000 ... The racial achievement gap was cut almost in half when compared with classes taught by fixed mindset faculty. ... about the nature of intelligence significantly shapes student performance and dramatically affects racial achievement gaps in ...
Department of Chemistry, HKBU - Staff Achievement
I am also pleased to see the great achievements of the younger scholars on the Mainland and the high standard of research ... Professor Chan Wing-hong of the Department of Chemistry, together with research team members from Hunan University and Peking ... Address: Room RRS806, Sir Run Run Shaw Building, Ho Sin Hang Campus, HKBU , Tel : (852) 3411-7063 , © Department of Chemistry, ... University, was granted the "First Class Natural Sciences Award" in the 2011 Excellent Science Research Achievement Award for ...
Department of Chemistry, HKBU - Staff Achievement
Address: Room T1214, Cha Chi-ming Science Tower, Ho Sin Hang Campus, HKBU , Tel : (852) 3411-7063 , © Department of Chemistry, ... Leungs research has been focusing on nanoscience which involves the synthesis and supramolecular chemistry of nanoparticles, ... the Asian Core Program Lectureship Award at the 3rd New-Phase International Conference of Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry in ...
Major in Chemistry | Clark University
The major in chemistry is for students who want to study the structure and properties of matter, modify existing substances, ... Chemical Rubber Company Press Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award. The Chemical Rubber Company Press Freshman Chemistry ... The Chemistry Path. Curriculum. Hands-On Learning. Research. Careers / Graduate Study. As a chemistry major, you will select ... Academic Achievement Awards American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry. The American Chemical ...
Chemistry for Drug Discovery BSc (Hons) including placement year
Combine your passion for chemistry with a desire to make a real contribution to the world of pharmaceuticals. ... National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA). If you are taking Level 3 Chemistry and one other Level 3 mathematics ... 5, 5 in Chemistry and a second science elective plus 5 in core Mathematics or 5, 5 in Chemistry and a second elective subject ... AAA including Chemistry and one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics.. If you are taking Chemistry and two other mathematics or ...
Tackling waste with green chemistry - 50th Anniversary, University of York
50 years of gold standard achievement. Cutting edge research, pioneering medical breakthroughs and thought-provoking academic ... The Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence. The Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence at the University of York is a world leading ... Green Chemistry is set for further growth in late 2013 with a move to the Department of Chemistrys new £9m undergraduate ... Green Chemistry will be moving to the Department of Chemistrys new undergraduate teaching and research buildings later in 2013 ...
Chemistry BSc (Hons) including placement year
Develop practical and theoretical skills across all areas of chemistry, leading to a broad range of chemical and non-chemical ... National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA). If you are taking Level 3 Chemistry and one other Level 3 mathematics ... 5, 5 in Chemistry and a second science elective plus 5 in core Mathematics or 5, 5 in Chemistry and a second elective subject ... AAA including Chemistry and one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics.. If you are taking Chemistry and two other mathematics or ...
Chemistry Newsletter 2015 - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry - College of Arts and Sciences -...
Congratulations all around on these amazing achievements!!! We are looking forward to another great year as we begin to gear up ... Chemistry of Food and Cooking. Over Intersession, Debbie Finocchio taught "Chemistry of Food and Cooking" in Florence, Italy ... ACS Division of Organic Chemistry, Outstanding Senior Organic Chemistry Student Award. Lea Kiefer (14), Elizabeth Webster (15 ... Home College of Arts and Sciences , Chemistry and Biochemistry , Newsletter , Chemistry Newsletter 2015 ...
Alumni news | Chemistry | Western Michigan University
Abbott Laboratories was recently recognized as the Chemistry Department Alumni Achievement award recipient for 2016. Randy is ... How are you doing? Where are you now? How has your degree from the Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University ... The Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University is proud of our alumni. ... Recent achievements. *Randy Hice (BS 76) Manager of Global Strategy, ...
Leti (english) - Surface Chemistry
Leti Surface Chemistry service offers functional chemical interface following your needs. Leti assists you from identification ... Surface Chemistry. Sustainable, robust, reproducible and suitable for industry process. Leti Surface Chemistry service offers ... Leti surface chemistry service offers processes on semi-conductors and metals, glass and oxides, polymers and plastics from ... Major achievements:. . ©CNES/GRIMAULT Emmanuel, 2016. *. Keeping it clean: Leti joins four French partners to test smart ...
Graduate Student Opportunities - Graduate Programs - Chemistry - IUP
Chemistry grad students enjoy a thriving professional and social community on campus, offering the Graduate Scholars Forum, ... Graduate Student Achievement Award. This is a nomination-based award to recognize outstanding academic achievement. ... Chemistry Graduate Student Opportunities. * PROMOTING GRADUATE RESEARCH The Graduate Scholars Forum offers students in masters ... Chemistry graduate students can engage in activities outside of the classroom, enhancing their academic and professional goals. ...
Chemistry | Bemidji State University
Student Achievement Conference Presenters. Instrumental analysis students shared results from their laboratory experiments at ... The Department of Chemistry at Bemidji State University offers: core courses in the sub-disciplines of chemistry, laboratory ... Student Achievement Conference Presenters. Instrumental analysis students shared results from their laboratory experiments at ... Interested in a career in science, research, or health care (including medicine, pharmacy, and others)? Then study CHEMISTRY!. ...
Computational Chemistry & Molecular Modeling | Chemistry | Subjects | Wiley
Computational Chemistry & Molecular Modeling | Chemistry | Subjects | Wiley
Research - Supramolecular Chemistry Group - Ghent University
Recent achievements. *Defined high molar mass poly(2-oxazoline)s (Monnery et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57, 15400) ... Recent achievements. *High compression strength single network hydrogels with pillararene junction points (Xu, et al., Mater ... Recent achievements. *Plasma dye coating as straightforward and widely applicable procedure for dye immobilization on polymeric ... a UGent-based valorization center that serves as an intermediate between UGent-based research groups developing new chemistry ...
Nobel Prize in201820192020OrganicRoyal Society oMedicinal ChemistryPhysical ChemistryLifetime AchieSynthesisInorganicComputational chemistryGeneral ChemistryDepartmentAcademy of AchievemRecognizesRecent achievementsHonorsBiochemistry Alumni Research FellowshipScholarsOutstanding AchievementGraduateStudentsProfessor of ChemisSchool of ChemistryExcellenceLecturerMathematicsChemistsAnalyticalSurface chemistryUndergraduate ResearchScientificContributionsProfScholarshipAwardsInternational Achievement SummitMajors1997CatalysisBranches of chemistryPhysics and ChemistryBioinorganicAcademicAssistant ProfessorFreshman chemistryCurriculumScientistsScienceStudent achievementChemical
Nobel Prize in4
- Professor Gunnar Karlström delivering the Presentation Speech for the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry at the Stockholm Concert Hall. (nobelprize.org)
- The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry , announced this morning, recognizes the effort of three scientists to shed light on the matter, literally. (newyorker.com)
- In an interview with i24 , an Israeli news outlet, the winner of the 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Ada Yonath, described today's award as the next step in "the resolution revolution. (newyorker.com)
- He also made an intensive study of enzymology with Dr. Paul Boyer, who would receive the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1997. (achievement.org)
- Professor John Dawson will be receiving the 2018 Eraldo Antonini Lifetime Achievement Award in Heme Protein Chemistry from the Society for Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines. (sc.edu)
- Pittcon Announces 2018 Award Recipients for Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Sp. (bio-medicine.org)
- Anna's achievement follows in the footsteps of John Innes Centre researcher Dr Sanu Arora, who received the same award in 2019, and Sreya Ghosh, a WIT winner in 2018. (jic.ac.uk)
- On February 7 2018 Belgian Ambassador in the Netherlands, Chris Hoornaert, has awarded Professor Bert Weckhuysen a Certificate for Achievements ('Oorkonde van Verdienste') of the Christoffel Plantin fund for his contributions to the prestige and appeal of Belgium in the Netherlands. (inorganic-chemistry-and-catalysis.eu)
- 11, 2018- Before his retirement in 2016, Howe made major contributions to the chemistry department's teaching and research programs as well as to other science departments in the College of Arts and Science, School of Engineering and School of Medicine. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Feb. 20, 2018- Sandra Rosenthal, the Jack and Pamela Egan Professor of Chemistry and director of the Vanderbilt Institute for Nanoscale Science and Engineering, is being recognized for her development of nanocrystal probes for neuroscience and white-light emitting nanocrystals as well as her leadership in the NSF-funded TN-SCORE program. (vanderbilt.edu)
- Announced in January 2018, three scholarships have been created in the name of Dr. Sadegh Khazaeli: Best Chemistry Teaching Assistant, the Best International Student and the Best Graduate Student studying analytical chemistry. (siue.edu)
- Ranked 8th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019) Chemistry at Glasgow continues to meet student expectations combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment. (gla.ac.uk)
- Fifteen laureates were awarded in 2019, for achievements that have conferred the greatest benefit to humankind. (nobelprize.org)
- YFile story from August 12, 2020 York University has selected Professor Sergey Krylov, from the Department of Chemistry in the Faculty of Science, to receive the title of Distinguished Research Professor. (yorku.ca)
- The Chemistry Department hosted its annual picnic and award ceremony virtually for the first time on Monday May 11, 2020. (elon.edu)
- Professor of Chemistry Karty announced that the 2020 Eugene Gooch Memorial Organic Chemistry Achievement Award , in memory of Elon chemistry professor Eugene Gooch's passion for organic chemistry, went to Liora Wittle '22 ( biochemistry major, Elon College Fellow [Moore lab] ) for her outstanding performance. (elon.edu)
- Prof. Bruce Ganem and Prof. William Dichtel have more in common than just being the instructors for the first and second semesters of organic chemistry, respectively. (cornellsun.com)
- The awards committee recognized work I did starting in the early 80's on some interesting carbohydrate chemistry, which is a hot subject now for organic chemists," Ganem said. (cornellsun.com)
- In addition to Ganem, the Cornell Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department welcomes another award to one of its organic chemistry professors. (cornellsun.com)
- Dr Ken Leung received the Asian Core Program Lectureship Award at the 3rd New-Phase International Conference of Cutting-Edge Organic Chemistry in Asia held at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, from 11 to 14 December 2012. (edu.hk)
- You'll learn from academics with expertise in all branches of chemistry, including organic, inorganic, physical and computational chemistry . (bath.ac.uk)
- Next year we will be introducing two new upper division laboratories, Physical Methods (which will combine instrumental analysis and p-chem lab) and Advanced Synthesis (which will feature synthetic methods in organic and inorganic chemistry). (sandiego.edu)
- Introduction to the organic chemistry as the chemistry of the carbon. (uniurb.it)
- Following graduation from CSB, she went to Marquette University from which she obtained a Master's degree in organic chemistry. (csbsju.edu)
- This award recognizes outstanding achievement in organic chemistry. (csbsju.edu)
- This issue aims to highlight state-of-the-art density functional theory (DFT), ranging from mathematical development of the formalism, via software development and development of bonding and reactivity models through applications in physical, (in)organic, and biological/supramolecular chemistry. (rsc.org)
- The chemistry department awards students for outstanding performance in general chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry courses, as well as for outstanding service as a laboratory assistant, peer tutor, and/or stockroom assistant. (trinity.edu)
- Since his start in the Department of Chemistry in 1986, he has published over 50 scholarly articles, nearly all with undergraduate co-authors, and received numerous grants and awards for his work in the field of organic chemistry. (wm.edu)
- For over two decades, his teaching duties have regularly included introductory organic chemistry. (wm.edu)
- His knowledge of and ability to teach organic chemistry have assisted innumerable students in building a solid foundation in this challenging field. (wm.edu)
- Professor of Chemistry Kathy Matera revealed that Olivia Duffield '20 ( biochemistry major [Miyamoto lab] ) was the recipient of the American Chemical Society Division of Organic Chemistry Undergraduate Award , a national award to recognize a top graduating senior student majoring in either chemistry or biochemistry who has displayed a significant aptitude for the discipline. (elon.edu)
- The student nominee will have demonstrated excellence in organic chemistry based on a combination of research experience, coursework and a desire to pursue a career in chemistry. (elon.edu)
- The student nominee will receive a letter of recognition from the ACS Division of Organic Chemistry and an award certificate signed by the division chair. (elon.edu)
- ACS Organic Chemistry Award. (calstatela.edu)
- To support an organic chemistry undergraduate (junior or senior) research student with at least a 3.0 GPA who is Ph.D.-bound and exhibits the qualities of good mentoring toward his/her peers. (calstatela.edu)
- Synthetic organic chemistry and catalysis, informatics research relating to mentoring of women in STEM fields, chemical education. (spelman.edu)
- The Hartley group uses synthetic organic chemistry to unlock the secrets of biology and treat disease. (gla.ac.uk)
- Hydrolases in Organic Chemistry. (benthamscience.com)
- Native Proteins in Organic Chemistry. (benthamscience.com)
- He has been Professor of Chemistry since 1995, and the Head of the Department of Organic Chemistry and Technology, Budapest Univesity of Technology since 1999. (benthamscience.com)
- Current Organic Chemistry was launched in 1997. (benthamscience.com)
Royal Society o5
- The Royal Society of Chemistry has awarded a blue plaque to Chemistry at Southampton. (southampton.ac.uk)
- Reproduced from Ref. XX with permission from the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and The Royal Society of Chemistry. (rsc.org)
- Reproduced from Ref. XX with permission from the European Society for Photobiology, the European Photochemistry Association, and The Royal Society of Chemistry. (rsc.org)
- Plus your subscription will help fund the charitable work of the Royal Society of Chemistry, supporting chemists worldwide. (chemistryworld.com)
- All of our Masters programmes in the School of Chemistry are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry. (gla.ac.uk)
- The Masters in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry will extend the depth and breadth of your knowledge in all branches of chemistry and with some specialisation in medicinal chemistry, this programme will be suited to the role of a professional chemist capable of conducting research. (gla.ac.uk)
- Burger's Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery and Development, 8 Volume Set. (researchandmarkets.com)
- Malcolm Levitt, Professor of Physical Chemistry and Phil Bartlett, Professor of Electrochemistry are our two elected Fellows of the Royal Society within the department. (southampton.ac.uk)
- My primary teaching responsibilities are physical chemistry and advanced mathematics courses. (chatham.edu)
- Svante August Arrhenius , one of the founders of modern physical chemistry , came from a Swedish farming family. (encyclopedia.com)
- Thanks to this, Arrhenius was appointed lecturer in physical chemistry at the University of Uppsala in November of that year. (encyclopedia.com)
- The LCGC Lifetime Achievement Award honors a seasoned professional for a lifetime of contributions to the advancement of chromatographic techniques and applications. (prweb.com)
- Items related to Chemical Synthesis Analytical Chemistry (the construction. (abebooks.co.uk)
- Dr. Leung's research has been focusing on nanoscience which involves the synthesis and supramolecular chemistry of nanoparticles, molecular sensors and molecular machines for electronic and biomedical applications. (edu.hk)
- In 2013, Dr Sally Bloodworth , won Outstanding Lecturer within the department, and Dr Paul Duckmanton , a Senior Teaching Fellow in inorganic chemistry won for his Contribution to Academic Support. (southampton.ac.uk)
- 2) Amanda's paper on an unusual Mn III hydroperoxo is out in Inorganic Chemistry , and 3) A new collaborative paper with Ju Li and his group, on an amazingly simple method for passivating TMDs , out now in PNAS ! (mit.edu)
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry Jen Dabrowski revealed that Sara Spicker '20 (biochemistry major [Dabrowski lab] ) was the recipient of the American Chemical Society Division of Inorganic Chemistry Undergraduate Award , a national award to recognize achievement by an undergraduate student in inorganic chemistry and to encourage further study in the field. (elon.edu)
- The student nominee will have demonstrated excellence in inorganic chemistry at the undergraduate level based on any combination of research, coursework, and /or motivation / interest / dedication and should have future plans that include a career in chemistry. (elon.edu)
- Teo GH, Kuchel RP, Zetterlund PB, Thickett SC, 'Polymer-inorganic hybrid nanoparticles of various morphologies via polymerization-induced self assembly and sol-gel chemistry', Polymer Chemistry, 7, (43) pp. 6575-6585. (edu.au)
- Computational Chemistry at ORNL uses principles of computer science and mathematics and the results of theoretical physics and chemistry to assist in solving materials problems. (ornl.gov)
- Frontiers in Computational Chemistry presents contemporary research on molecular modeling techniques used in drug discovery and the drug development process: computer aided molecular design, drug discovery and development, lead generation, lead optimization, database management, computer and molecular graphics, and the development of new computational methods or efficient algorithms for the simulation of chemical phenomena including analyses of biological activity. (researchandmarkets.com)
- This study describes the goal orientations of General Chemistry students and explores the relationship of goal orientations to success in the course. (rsc.org)
- Pilot ALEKS in your Introductory or General Chemistry courses to experience an enhanced classroom environment with more lightbulb moments. (mheducation.com)
- Anna Altmann '22 ( chemistry major, Honors Fellow ) was recognized for excellence in general chemistry and was honored by Dr. Dan Wright with a virtual unveiling of a certificate for the CRC General Chemistry Achievement Award . (elon.edu)
- This Award is presented to the student in General Chemistry whose record does honor to the memory of Dr. John Spielman and to the spirit of those who have benefited from the kind of help that was given by him over the 25 years he devoted to the Department. (calstatela.edu)
- This Award is presented to the undergraduate first-year chemistry student in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry who has demonstrated outstanding scholastic achievement and ability in General Chemistry. (calstatela.edu)
- Jointly funded by the Wolfson Foundation and the UK Government's Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), the awards recognise talented scientists of outstanding achievement and potential. (southampton.ac.uk)
- Professor Chan Wing-hong of the Department of Chemistry, together with research team members from Hunan University and Peking University, was granted the "First Class Natural Sciences Award" in the 2011 Excellent Science Research Achievement Award for Higher Institutions. (edu.hk)
- Green Chemistry is set for further growth in late 2013 with a move to the Department of Chemistry's new £9m undergraduate teaching and research building. (york.ac.uk)
- I'm pleased to be back with the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry USD after an 18-month stint in Singapore where I had the opportunity to help start a new liberal arts college in Singapore. (sandiego.edu)
- The Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University is proud of our alumni. (wmich.edu)
- How has your degree from the Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University helped you? (wmich.edu)
- Randy Hice (BS '76) Manager of Global Strategy, Abbott Laboratories was recently recognized as the Chemistry Department Alumni Achievement award recipient for 2016. (wmich.edu)
- The Department of Chemistry at Bemidji State University offers: core courses in the sub-disciplines of chemistry, laboratory experiences, and research opportunities. (bemidjistate.edu)
- July, 1999-now: Professor of Chemistry and Chair of the Department of Science at Chatham College. (chatham.edu)
- July, 1976-September, 1977: Assistant Professor (Research) in the Department of Chemistry at Brown University. (chatham.edu)
- Sixteen years ago the Chemistry Department established an award in her name. (csbsju.edu)
- For those new, this is our yearly newsletter to reach out and let our wonderful USD chemistry and biochemistry alumni know what is happening in the department. (sandiego.edu)
- Three members of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry participate in Swarthmore's exciting interdisciplinary initiatives. (swarthmore.edu)
- Provided to one junior and one senior major in the chemistry department each year in recognition of academic performance and need. (trinity.edu)
- The department maintains a regular chemistry seminar program that hosts a range of scientists who spend the day on campus visiting with students and faculty and delivering a seminar. (trinity.edu)
- Every year, the chemistry department hosts one or more distinguished scientists as part of the William Crews McGavock Lecture Series, and we host a distinguished alumnus for the McGavock Symposium Day celebration. (trinity.edu)
- William Crews McGavock, former chair of the chemistry department and the professor who established the chemistry major, was active in academia and campus life at Trinity from 1939-1972. (trinity.edu)
- The chemistry department hosted its annual picnic and award ceremony on Monday May 11, and recognized outstanding achievements and academic excellence. (elon.edu)
- The department also recognized excellence in achievement of underclassman. (elon.edu)
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry recognizes the many accomplishments of our students with awards and scholarships. (calstatela.edu)
- This Award is presented to the undergraduate student in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry whose overall GPA is ~3.4 and who has demonstrated high academic achievement in CHEM 3200 during the current academic year. (calstatela.edu)
- This Award is presented to the undergraduate student in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry who, in scholastic attainment, character, and service to the Department, most closely embodies the attainments of the late Robert Loudon. (calstatela.edu)
- This Award is presented to the graduate student in Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry who has demonstrated the best overall achievement in professional performance, including class work, performance as an instructor in the classroom, and who has demonstrated other substantial contributions to the Department. (calstatela.edu)
- This Scholarship is presented to an undergraduate upper division pre-dental student in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry who has demonstrated scholastic achievement, and who has financial need. (calstatela.edu)
- This year the Chemistry Department has decided to have to two "Commencement" speeches given by two graduating students at our Chemistry and Biochemistry Graduation and Awards Recognition Celebration that will be held on Wednesday, June 11, at 8:30pm. (washington.edu)
- The University Honors Program has spotlighted the Department of Chemistry on their website. (washington.edu)
- Alex works in the Masiello Group in the UW Department of Chemistry. (washington.edu)
Academy of Achievem3
- In the last sparkling days of summer, the Academy of Achievement gathered in San Francisco, California for the 51st International Achievement Summit. (achievement.org)
- What It Takes is an audio podcast produced by the American Academy of Achievement featuring intimate, revealing conversations with influential leaders in the diverse fields of endeavor: public service, science and exploration, sports, technology, business, arts and humanities, and justice. (achievement.org)
- Dr. Louis Ignarro addresses the Academy of Achievement at the 2014 Achievement Summit in San Francisco. (achievement.org)
- The LCGC Emerging Leader Award recognizes the achievements and aspirations of a talented young separation scientist who has made significant practical contributions to the field of separation science. (prweb.com)
- The honor, given annually, recognizes a scientist who has made "meritorious contributions to the advancement of pure or applied chemistry, chemical education, and the profession of chemistry. (unl.edu)
- Scientific Assembly Professional Achievement Award recognizes outstanding professional achievement of an ASCLS member within his or her chosen academic, scientific, and vocational interest. (ascls.org)
- Here is a selection of our most recent achievements. (southampton.ac.uk)
- You'll also be required to demonstrate competence in communicating chemical concepts (for example, through reports based on research in the chemical literature, Academic Spree Day or Fall Fest presentations, directed study papers, honors theses, or publications), as well as take a standardized undergraduate chemistry knowledge diagnostic exam before graduation. (clarku.edu)
- Honors chemistry majors Deondre Jordan '19 (left) and Barrett Powell '18 presented their work at an international conference in Prague this spring. (swarthmore.edu)
- The McGavock Lecture Series honors his dedication to chemistry and scientific education. (trinity.edu)
- Interviews with two of our honors students, Chinonso Opara and Ben Horst, are included along with an interview with Prof. Gary Drobny, the Associate Chair for Undergraduate Chemistry. (washington.edu)
Biochemistry Alumni Research Fellowship1
- Please consider donating to the Chemistry and Biochemistry Alumni Research Fellowship fund. (sandiego.edu)
- I am also pleased to see the great achievements of the younger scholars on the Mainland and the high standard of research technology in China. (edu.hk)
- Joseph Cavanaugh '22, (Wang Group) has been named one of roughly 400 national Goldwater Scholars for his academic excellence and undergraduate research achievements. (brown.edu)
- The Research Achievement Awards honor extraordinary scholars for their research across a wide range of academic disciplines. (brown.edu)
- The HIST Award for Outstanding Achievement in the History of Chemistry (2013-present) is given by the Division of the History of Chemistry of the American Chemical Society (ACS). (wikipedia.org)
- This award is presented annually to juniors who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in the analystical chemistry sequence. (csbsju.edu)
- USD alumni and faculty Dr. Tim Clark won the prestigious USD University Professor Award for outstanding achievement in teaching and research. (sandiego.edu)
- Southampton is one of only 13 UK universities listed in the Centre for Higher Education Development's (CHE) 2010's Excellence Ranking of European graduate programmes in chemistry. (southampton.ac.uk)
- The American Chemical Society (ACS)-certified track , which meets the entrance requirements for graduate study in chemistry, is recommended if you want to pursue a profession in the chemical sciences. (clarku.edu)
- If you're planning to go on to graduate school, we strongly urge you to take additional advanced courses in chemistry, mathematics, physics, and biochemistry while at Clark. (clarku.edu)
- A wealth of career opportunities are open to you as a chemistry graduate. (bath.ac.uk)
- Chemistry graduate students can engage in activities outside of the classroom, enhancing their academic and professional goals. (iup.edu)
- Students to highlight and celebrate include: Halie Sonnenschein (Yale biochemistry graduate school), Stephen Hyland (University of Delaware chemistry graduate school), Shearing Volkir (United States Navy Officer Submarine Program), Kelsey Carrerras-Simons (University of Michigan Dental School)… to name just a few. (sandiego.edu)
- Boyer received a bachelor of sciences degree in chemistry from Brigham Young University in 1939 and then obtained a Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) Scholarship for graduate studies. (encyclopedia.com)
- During the academic year 2013/14, the Education Group will be engaged in a range of exciting education research projects, aimed at improving the learning experience for students as well as tackling some of the key challenges facing the chemistry education community. (southampton.ac.uk)
- His changes would offer more flexibility to the freshman chemistry curriculum and allow students within the major to specialize their studies, as well as pursue outside interests while at Cornell. (cornellsun.com)
- The standard track, which offers more latitude in course selection, is appropriate for students who plan to pursue one of the health professions* (medical, dental, veterinary), public school teaching, technical sales, or other chemistry-related fields. (clarku.edu)
- The number of students declaring a major in Chemistry or Biochemistry has also grown (coincidentally) to almost 40 students per year ! (sandiego.edu)
- USD Chemistry and Biochemistry students and faculty continue to achieve great and notable awards. (sandiego.edu)
- The BS program provides students the opportunity to select from several emphases including Biochemistry/Biotechnology or an American Chemical Society certified chemistry major. (bemidjistate.edu)
- Students not only will be instructed in the theory and fundamentals of chemistry, but they will also be exposed to hands-on training with lab equipment and sophisticated state-of-the-art lab instrumentation. (losrios.edu)
- The Faculty of Science hosted its annual Honours & Awards Ceremony on Jan. 29 to celebrate the hard work and achievements of faculty and students. (yorku.ca)
- Education Scientific Assembly Student Case Study and Research Paper Awards recognize the writing achievements of current students with clinical laboratory science programs. (ascls.org)
- The Biology & Chemistry Learning Community is designed to provide a great foundation for students who are interested in exploring biology and chemistry (as well as the fascinating phenomena that exist in between). (edgewood.edu)
- As a member of this learning community, you'll take the introductory sequences in biology and chemistry plus the mathematics course that best suits your goals, while also participating in out-of-classroom experiences with your fellow STEM students. (edgewood.edu)
- The Biology & Chemistry Learning Community would be a good fit for anyone interested in majoring in either of these two disciplines, and would be a fantastic choice for students pursuing careers in the health fields. (edgewood.edu)
- Chemistry That Applies is an instructional unit designed to help students in grades 8-10 understand the law of conservation of matter. (ed.gov)
- In this session, we will discuss how to best use simulations in the classroom to increase student achievement, allow students to reflect on what they have learned, and transfer their knowledge to new problems and situations. (teachersfirst.com)
- The intent is to encourage students who show promise for interdisciplinary work at the interface of chemistry and biochemistry. (calstatela.edu)
- At the secondary level of education, a credit pass in chemistry is a pre-requisite for students to further their studies in fields like Medicine, Pharmacy, Agriculture, Engineering, Home Economics, Biological Science and other science related fields of endeavour. (writtenproject.com)
- According to Asiyai (2005) teachers on their part haveused different teaching methods such asdiscussion, questioning, guided discovery, expository etc. to enhance the standard of achievement of students in external examinations like West African Examination Council(WAEC),National Examination Council (NECO) etc. notwithstanding these methods had not yielded expected results. (writtenproject.com)
- Thank you for your interest in purchasing ' Effects of Chemistry-Based Puzzles on Senior Secondary School Chemistry Students' Achievement, Retention And Interest in Chemical Periodicity' . (pastexamquestions.com)
- Our aim of providing this project research material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for Effects of Chemistry-Based Puzzles on Senior Secondary School Chemistry Students' Achievement, Retention And Interest in Chemical Periodicity research materials. (pastexamquestions.com)
Professor of Chemis7
- The award, which was established in 1950 and was handed out the first time in 1951 was created by the Northeastern Section of the American Chemical Society in memory of the contributions of James Flack Norris, professor of Chemistry at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. (wikipedia.org)
- Zeng, Ameritas Distinguished University Professor of chemistry, has been named the 2011 recipient of the Midwest Award from the American Chemical Society's St. Louis section. (unl.edu)
- April, 1987-August, 1987: Visiting Professor of Chemistry at the University of British Columbia, Canada. (chatham.edu)
- The chemist Sven Otto Pettersson, professor of chemistry at the Technical High School of Stockholm, reviewed Arrhenius' dissertation in the journal Nordisk Revy and praised it very highly, however: "The faculty have awarded the mark non sine laude to this thesis. (encyclopedia.com)
- Brian Gilbert , associate professor of chemistry, received special commendation from the American Chemical Society for representing the best in undergraduate science education and mentoring. (linfield.edu)
- Professor of Chemistry Timothy Hanusa set out to replicate this unique type of bond using modeling. (vanderbilt.edu)
- The endowment came from funds donated in her name by Hendrick Keyzer, Emeritus Professor of Chemistry, from his Statewide Outstanding Professor Award. (calstatela.edu)
School of Chemistry2
- It is the second time the CHE has recognised Chemistry at Southampton - it was also awarded Excellence Group status in the inaugural CHE rankings in 2007. (southampton.ac.uk)
- Within the next few years, our kitchen cabinets could be made from recycled straw, our liquid crystals displays transformed into wound dressings and our carpets glued with environmentally friendly waste starch, thanks to groundbreaking research underway at the University of York's Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence. (york.ac.uk)
- He was appointed as a Lecturer in Soft Matter Chemistry at The University of Tasmania in February 2015. (edu.au)
- This position involves administration and leadership of 18 faculty members in biology, chemistry, environmental science, exercise science, mathematics and physics. (chatham.edu)
- Chemistry at the University of Southampton has been awarded an Athena SWAN (Scientific Women's Academic Network) Silver Award , recognising its continuing efforts to support the career aspirations of female chemists, eliminating gender bias and promoting opportunities for all. (southampton.ac.uk)
- It is something of a life-time achievement award for chemists. (cornellsun.com)
- In the first two years, you'll get a broad introduction to all areas of chemistry while developing the practical and theoretical skills modern chemists need. (bath.ac.uk)
- Today chemistry is the science of life, and the language of chemistry has become the language that chemists, biologists and medical specialists use to describe the processes of life. (nobelprize.org)
- The Pittcon 2015 Program Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of 14 prestigious awards honoring scientists who have made outstanding contributions to analytical chemistry and applied spectroscopy. (prweb.com)
- Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania non-profit organization. (prweb.com)
- The theoretical part of the first part of a total of five learning units are the basic skills of analytical chemistry. (abebooks.co.uk)
- 2012) Contents: Analytical Chemistry overview of the learning modules. (abebooks.co.uk)
- the basic operation of analytical chemistry learning objectives necessary knowledge. (abebooks.co.uk)
- Our minor offers specializations in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry/Biotechnology or Criminalistics. (bemidjistate.edu)
- apply problem-solving and analytical thinking skills in the planning, execution, and interpretation of chemistry lab work. (losrios.edu)
- The award consists of an eight-month subscription to the journal Analytical Chemistry and an eight-month honorary membership in the Division of Analytical Chemistry of the American Chemical Society. (csbsju.edu)
- Leti Surface Chemistry service offers functional chemical interface following your needs. (cea.fr)
- Leti surface chemistry service offers processes on semi-conductors and metals, glass and oxides, polymers and plastics from single component to wafer scale taking into account fabrication constraints and application requirements: low temperature, fast, biocompatible and green processes. (cea.fr)
- ResearchSurface-enhanced Raman scattering as a probe of membrane topography and surface chemistry. (nrel.gov)
- While at the Institute, she focused on the emerging science of surface chemistry and physics, the study of the properties of surfaces at the atomic scale. (caltech.edu)
- Trinity has one of the most active chemistry undergraduate research programs in the country. (trinity.edu)
- Ganem, chemistry, will receive this year's Esselen Award for Chemistry in the public interest, a recognition of his contributions to public health through his scientific and technical work. (cornellsun.com)
- The study, presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual conference in Washington DC on 15 February, surveyed 150 undergraduate Stem faculty across various scientific disciplines - including chemistry - at a large unnamed public research university. (chemistryworld.com)
- Food waste, discarded LCD TVs and old mobile phones are just some of the items subjected to detailed scientific investigation by the 70-strong Green Chemistry team in a bid to breathe new life into some of their most valuable components. (york.ac.uk)
- Chemistry has often being described as the central science, being that effective study of chemistry lays a solid foundation for the scientific and technological development of an early learner in the sciences. (writtenproject.com)
- They have also just been awarded, separately, for their achievements and contributions: Ganem for his proven past and Dichtel for his present ambition. (cornellsun.com)
- Contributions that provide insight into the density functional model for the electronic energy itself, as well as those that describe its application to topical problems in chemistry and physics will be welcomed. (rsc.org)
- This PCCP themed collection, ' Surface-enhanced spectroscopies ', brings together contributions from various disciplines (physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering, life sciences) and covers the full range of topics from fundamentals to methods and applications. (rsc.org)
- He has made major contributions to education and research in clinical pathology and clinical chemistry. (aacc.org)
- Some of the key contributions to Roche and peptide chemistry are highlighted in the paragraphs below. (njacs.org)
- Dr. Chad A. Mirkin, Director of the International Institute for Nanotechnology and the George B. Rathmann Prof. of Chemistry, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Medicine at Northwestern University, is the recipient of the Ralph N. Adams Award. (bio-medicine.org)
- Brown University awarded a Research Achievement Award to Prof. Ou Chen. (brown.edu)
- If you're considering a career teaching chemistry at the high school level, we encourage you to check out the Noyce Scholarship program . (clarku.edu)
- Senior Achievement awards were bestowed by the mentors of the graduating chemistry and biochemistry seniors who exemplified the diligence, curiosity, passion and scholarship of their respective majors and who have achieved the highest academic performance. (elon.edu)
- This Scholarship is presented to a full time undergraduate (sophomore, junior, or senior) student with a major in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Microbiology who has demonstrated scholastic achievement (GPA of at least 3.00), and who has shown potential for an outstanding career in chemistry, bio-chemistry or microbiology. (calstatela.edu)
- There will be two new awards this year, the Lifetime Achievement in Chromatography Award and the Emerging Leader in Chromatography Award, both of which are sponsored by LCGC. (prweb.com)
- Robert Lemieux, Dean of the Faculty of Science, cordially invites all faculty, staff, alumni and friends to attend our annual Science Alumni Achievement Awards Reception. (uwaterloo.ca)
- Each year, the awards recognize 20 faculty members for outstanding achievements in teaching, research and service. (wm.edu)
International Achievement Summit2
- Louis and Sharon Ignarro enjoy a visit to California's Napa Valley during the International Achievement Summit. (achievement.org)
- Dr. Louis Ignarro enjoys an informal afternoon reception with Dr. James D. Watson, the co-discoverer of the DNA molecule, at the Auberge du Soleil in California's Napa Valley during the 2014 International Achievement Summit. (achievement.org)
- This year the faculty worked on redesigning and streamlining curricular requirements in both the Chemistry and Biochemistry majors. (sandiego.edu)
- American biochemist Paul D. Boyer (born 1918) is the co-recipient of the 1997 Nobel Prize for Chemistry. (encyclopedia.com)
- He is engaged with P-heterocyclic and environmentally-friendly chemistry comprising MW chemistry, phase transfer catalysis and the development of new catalysts. (benthamscience.com)
Branches of chemistry1
- Your ideas and the methods you have developed to study the properties and behaviour of chemical systems have revolutionised many branches of chemistry and made it possible to study the behaviour of chemical systems in the finest detail. (nobelprize.org)
Physics and Chemistry3
- His research interests range from bioinorganic chemistry to bio-nanoscience and he has played a major part in developing the use of plant viruses in material sciences and medicine. (jic.ac.uk)
- This is a nomination-based award to recognize outstanding academic achievement. (iup.edu)
- The purpose of this study was to examine the effect that the use of Computer Simulation-Based Instruction (CSBI) in teaching CRR in Physical Sciences, as one of the alternative strategies to traditional teaching, would have on the academic achievement of Grade 12 learners in this topic. (univen.ac.za)
- The null hypothesis tested was: There is no significant difference in academic achievement of learners taught using CSBI and those taught using traditional teaching approach. (univen.ac.za)
- The findings are expected to inform Chemistry educators, subject advisors and curriculum developers on strategies that can improve the academic achievement of learners, in CRR, in Chemistry. (univen.ac.za)
- The student must have earned grades of "A" in Chemistry 1100 in the current academic year. (calstatela.edu)
- Although his first academic interest was chemistry, his father urged him to enter Columbia's pharmacy school so he would have the option of working as a pharmacist while pursuing his other interests. (achievement.org)
- Assistant Professor (1977-1979), Associate Professor (1979-1983), and Professor (1983-1999) of Chemistry at Saint Louis University. (chatham.edu)
- The Chemical Rubber Company Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award is available to sophomores at the University of Denver. (fastweb.com)
- In his proposal, Dichtel showed his commitment to advancing undergraduate education by proposing a change to Cornell's current chemistry curriculum. (cornellsun.com)
- Oriaifo (2002) while stressing the importance of chemistry education noted that chemistry equips the learner with specific knowledge skills and attitude which enables him/her become useful to him/her and the society at large.In Nigeria, chemistry as a subject occupies a prominent position in the nationâ€™s secondary and tertiary curriculum. (writtenproject.com)
- last year, the chemistry prize went to a trio of scientists who built the first molecular-scale motors and machinery. (newyorker.com)
- The beliefs of science, technology, engineering and maths (Stem) professors about the nature of intelligence significantly shapes student performance and dramatically affects racial achievement gaps in these fields, researchers at Indiana University have discovered. (chemistryworld.com)
- As a world-leading research facility, the centre studies the science of sustainability, using chemistry to develop practical solutions for some of the world's most significant environmental challenges. (york.ac.uk)
- Industrial and corporate organisations are aiming to translate some of the science into commercial reality with the help of the nearby Biorenewables Development Centre, a joint venture between Green Chemistry and the Centre for Novel Agricultural Products. (york.ac.uk)
- Professor Jennifer Chen (Chemistry) and Professor Vivian Saridakis (Biology) in the Faculty of Science were among 10 researchers who received new funding from York University to pursue research projects dedicated to Canada's fight against COVID-19. (yorku.ca)
- Ramón Alain Miranda Quintana, a postdoc and York Science Fellow at York University's Faculty of Science, is the John Charles Polanyi Prize winner in chemistry, the Ontario's Ministry of Colleges and Universities announced today. (yorku.ca)
- New paper on the weird chemistry of Nb in MOF-5 comes out in Chemical Science . (mit.edu)
- Once back on-campus, Altmann will receive the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, a comprehensive reference resource for science research. (elon.edu)
- Chemistry is the branch of science that deals with the study of the structure and composition of matter. (writtenproject.com)
- Chemistry , a branch of physical science, is the study of the composition, properties and behavior of matter. (wikiquote.org)
- 5. Evaluate principles and strategies for reporting student achievement and design a range of record keeping instruments. (edu.au)
- This learning process improvement tool is to improve student achievement that took HRM subjects, by providing motivation to learn by trial and discussions at the beginning of the treatment course. (omicsonline.org)
- American Chemical Society Division of the History of Chemistry. (wikipedia.org)
- Study with professors who have expertise in a diverse range of specialties, including an American Chemical Society Fellow and a John A. Timm Award recipient (the highest honor given by the New England Association of Chemistry Teachers). (clarku.edu)
- Develop practical and theoretical skills across all areas of chemistry, leading to a broad range of chemical and non-chemical careers. (bath.ac.uk)
- Test on Chemical Reaction Rate Concepts (TCRRC) and Attitudes Towards Chemistry Lessons Scale (ATCLS) were the research instruments used. (univen.ac.za)
- but in particular the chemical and material world and enjoy investigating this in a practical setting, then our chemistry course will suit you. (wlv.ac.uk)
- This year's Nobel Laureates in Chemistry Martin Karplus , Michael Levitt och Arieh Warshel have developed methods based on models from physics, which we use aided by computers to look into the world of molecules and to understand the function and behaviour of chemical systems. (nobelprize.org)
- The boundary between chemistry and physics has almost disappeared, and today there are research fields like theoretical chemistry, chemical physics and nanoscience at many Swedish and foreign universities. (nobelprize.org)
- Chemistry is concerned with atoms and their interactions with other atoms, and particularly with the properties of chemical bonds. (wikiquote.org)