Physicians, Primary Care
Physician's Practice Patterns
Attitude of Health Personnel
Health professionals who practice medicine as members of a team with their supervising physicians. They deliver a broad range of medical and surgical services to diverse populations in rural and urban settings. Duties may include physical exams, diagnosis and treatment of disease, interpretation of tests, assist in surgery, and prescribe medications. (from http://www.aapa.orglabout-pas accessed 2114/2011)
Physician Incentive Plans
Health Care Surveys
Primary Health Care
Insurance, Physician Services
A province of Canada lying between the provinces of Manitoba and Quebec. Its capital is Toronto. It takes its name from Lake Ontario which is said to represent the Iroquois oniatariio, beautiful lake. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p892 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p391)
Education, Medical, Continuing
Professional Practice Location
Referral and Consultation
Practice Management, Medical
Medical Staff, Hospital
Quality of Health Care
Community Health Centers
Internship and Residency
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Practice Guidelines as Topic
Directions or principles presenting current or future rules of policy for assisting health care practitioners in patient care decisions regarding diagnosis, therapy, or related clinical circumstances. The guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by the convening of expert panels. The guidelines form a basis for the evaluation of all aspects of health care and delivery.
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Medically Underserved Area
Foreign Medical Graduates
Tertiary Care Centers
Medical Records Systems, Computerized
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Health Services Accessibility
Occupational Health Physicians
Rural Health Services
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
A province of western Canada, lying between the provinces of British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Its capital is Edmonton. It was named in honor of Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, the fourth daughter of Queen Victoria. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p26 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p12)
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Continuity of Patient Care
Interviews as Topic
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
A province of eastern Canada. Its capital is Quebec. The region belonged to France from 1627 to 1763 when it was lost to the British. The name is from the Algonquian quilibek meaning the place where waters narrow, referring to the gradually narrowing channel of the St. Lawrence or to the narrows of the river at Cape Diamond. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p993 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p440)
Delivery of Health Care
Patient Care Team
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
Emergency Service, Hospital
Withholding or withdrawal of a particular treatment or treatments, often (but not necessarily) life-prolonging treatment, from a patient or from a research subject as part of a research protocol. The concept is differentiated from REFUSAL TO TREAT, where the emphasis is on the health professional's or health facility's refusal to treat a patient or group of patients when the patient or the patient's representative requests treatment. Withholding of life-prolonging treatment is usually indexed only with EUTHANASIA, PASSIVE, unless the distinction between withholding and withdrawing treatment, or the issue of withholding palliative rather than curative treatment, is discussed.
A province of Canada, lying between the provinces of Saskatchewan and Ontario. Its capital is Winnipeg. Taking its name from Lake Manitoba, itself named for one of its islands, the name derived from Algonquian Manitou, great spirit. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p724 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p332)
A medical discipline that is based on the philosophy that all body systems are interrelated and dependent upon one another for good health. This philosophy, developed in 1874 by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, recognizes the concept of "wellness" and the importance of treating illness within the context of the whole body. Special attention is placed on the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM.
Refusal to Treat
Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Ambulatory Care Facilities
Academic Medical Centers
Poison Control Centers
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
Newfoundland and Labrador
A province of eastern Canada, one of the Maritime Provinces with NEW BRUNSWICK; PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND; and sometimes NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR. Its capital is Halifax. The territory was granted in 1621 by James I to the Scotsman Sir William Alexander and was called Nova Scotia, the Latin for New Scotland. The territory had earlier belonged to the French, under the name of Acadia. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p871 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p384)
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Urban Health Services
Electronic Health Records
Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Medical Order Entry Systems
Insurance, Health, Reimbursement
Medical History Taking
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)
Method of charging whereby a physician or other practitioner bills for each encounter or service rendered. In addition to physicians, other health care professionals are reimbursed via this mechanism. Fee-for-service plans contrast with salary, per capita, and prepayment systems, where the payment does not change with the number of services actually used or if none are used. (From Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, 1976)
Independent Practice Associations
A partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity that enters into an arrangement for the provision of services with persons who are licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, and dentistry, and with other care personnel. Under an IPA arrangement, licensed professional persons provide services through the entity in accordance with a mutually accepted compensation arrangement, while retaining their private practices. Services under the IPA are marketed through a prepaid health plan. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (U.S.)
Life Support Care
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Relative Value Scales
Coded listings of physician or other professional services using units that indicate the relative value of the various services they perform. They take into account time, skill, and overhead cost required for each service, but generally do not consider the relative cost-effectiveness. Appropriate conversion factors can be used to translate the abstract units of the relative value scales into dollar fees for each service based on work expended, practice costs, and training costs.
Truthful revelation of information, specifically when the information disclosed is likely to be psychologically painful ("bad news") to the recipient (e.g., revelation to a patient or a patient's family of the patient's DIAGNOSIS or PROGNOSIS) or embarrassing to the teller (e.g., revelation of medical errors).
Photosynthetic Reaction Center Complex Proteins
Protein complexes that take part in the process of PHOTOSYNTHESIS. They are located within the THYLAKOID MEMBRANES of plant CHLOROPLASTS and a variety of structures in more primitive organisms. There are two major complexes involved in the photosynthetic process called PHOTOSYSTEM I and PHOTOSYSTEM II.
Decision Support Systems, Clinical
A scheme which provides reimbursement for the health services rendered, generally by an institution, and which provides added financial rewards if certain conditions are met. Such a scheme is intended to promote and reward increased efficiency and cost containment, with better care, or at least without adverse effect on the quality of the care rendered.
Time and Motion Studies
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Education, Medical, Graduate
Errors or mistakes committed by health professionals which result in harm to the patient. They include errors in diagnosis (DIAGNOSTIC ERRORS), errors in the administration of drugs and other medications (MEDICATION ERRORS), errors in the performance of surgical procedures, in the use of other types of therapy, in the use of equipment, and in the interpretation of laboratory findings. Medical errors are differentiated from MALPRACTICE in that the former are regarded as honest mistakes or accidents while the latter is the result of negligence, reprehensible ignorance, or criminal intent.
Ambulatory Care Information Systems
Communication, in the sense of cross-fertilization of ideas, involving two or more academic disciplines (such as the disciplines that comprise the cross-disciplinary field of bioethics, including the health and biological sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences and law). Also includes problems in communication stemming from differences in patterns of language usage in different academic or medical disciplines.
Diffusion of Innovation
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
East Carolina University
"Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center" (PDF). ECU Physicians. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 2, 2010. Retrieved February ... Center for Sustainability Center for Natural Hazards Center for Geographic Information Science Center for GIScience Center for ... and Physician Assistant Studies. Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Doctor of Audiology, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and ... Jenkins Cancer Center Innovation Design Lab Family Medicine Center Coastal Studies Institute Center for Epidemiology and ...
"Stage 2". Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. May 12, 2014. Archived from the ... While lauding its ease-of-use, some physicians note that it is hard to encourage patients to utilize online portals to benefit ... Patient portals are also regarded as a key tool to help physicians meet "meaningful use" requirements in order to receive ... This funding will potentially offset the costs of electronic medical record systems for practicing physicians. Because the ...
Mount Sinai Beth Israel
It acquired Doctors Hospital on the Upper East Side in the 1990s, renaming it Beth Israel Medical Center-Singer Division, and ... "Our Physicians". Beth Israel Medical Center. Retrieved January 1, 2014. Santora, Marc (May 25, 2016). "Mt. Sinai Beth Israel ... On November 22, 2013 the name of Beth Israel Medical Center was changed to Mount Sinai Beth Israel as a part of the merger with ... It purchased its neighbor Manhattan General Hospital in 1964 and was renamed Beth Israel Medical Center on March 10, 1965. By ...
Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing
"UT Physicians". UT Physicians. Retrieved October 21, 2020. "UT MD Anderson Cancer Center". UT MD Anderson Cancer Center. ... Affiliate organizations and institutions include UT Physicians, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Harris County Psychiatric ... "MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences". MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School ... Located in the Texas Medical Center, Cizik School of Nursing's building, which also serves as a student community center for ...
Gawande A. "Why Doctors Hate Their Computers". The New Yorker. Retrieved 8 March 2020. Center for Devices and Radiological ... Since doctors no longer need to have their patients come into the office to collect the necessary data, the data can lead to ... Doctors will have better knowledge into how well a certain medication is performing. They will also be able to continuously ... Telemedicine is how physicians treat patients remotely and the different technologies needed to make the process more efficient ...
Electronic health records in the United States
CDC/National Center for Health Statistics. Retrieved 31 October 2011. Are More Doctors Adopting EHRs? Retrieved 31 March 2011. ... of 4484 physicians (62% response rate), 83% of all physicians, 80% of primary care physicians, and 86% of non-primary care ... Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center reported that doctors and nurses prefer to use a much more friendly user software due to ... National Center for Health : United States, 2008]. Retrieved 15 December 2009. "Office-based Physician Electronic Health Record ...
Social Emergency Medicine
"The Andrew Levitt Center for Social Emergency Medicine". The Andrew Levitt Center for Social Emergency Medicine. Retrieved 2018 ... In 2017 the American College of Emergency Physicians approved the creation of a Social Emergency Medicine Section, and in the ... a new center aims to find out why -- and how it can make things better". Oakland Tribune/ Contra Costa Times. Archived from the ... "Andrew Levitt Center for Social Emergency Medicine". Kleffman S (26 July 2010). "Care crossroads: thousands of patients every ...
Physicians. 55: 298-305. Hirata K, Morimoto I (1994). "Vertebral Osteoporosis in Late Edo Japanese". Anthropological Science. ... National Resource Center Office of the Surgeon General (2004). Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General. ... Old JL, Calvert M (January 2004). "Vertebral compression fractures in the elderly". American Family Physician. 69 (1): 111-6. ... Bone and Tooth Society of Great Britain; National Osteoporosis Society; Royal College of Physicians (2003). Glucocorticoid- ...
The Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School named Rebecca Onie as the 2012 recipient of the Gleitsman ... "Grantmaking". The Physicians Foundation. "An Innovative Prescription for Better Health". Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. " ... "Health Leads expands movement to place social needs at the center of preventive care". TEDMED. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 29 ... Other donors include New Profit, a venture philanthropy fund, and The Physicians Foundation. Nearly 60 percent of patients ...
Neal D. Barnard
"President, Barnard Medical Center". PCRM. Retrieved 22 August 2017. "About the Barnard Medical Center". The Physicians ... Helen Mondloch,"Living Well with Dr. Neal Barnard," Northern Virginia, 20 October 2017. Dr. Greg Feinsinger,"Doctor's Tip: ... The Physicians Committee has opened the Barnard Medical Center as a means of providing state-of-the-art care and exploring ... He founded the Barnard Medical Center in 2015 as part of PCRM, and it opened in 2016 with him as president; the center provides ...
760 "Center for Congenital Anomalies of The Reproductive Tract , Conditions We Treat , Boston Children's Hospital". www. ... Some familiarity with the doctor generally makes it easier for person to talk about intimate issues such as sexual subjects, ... "KKIVF Centre". KK Women's and Children's Hospital. SingHealth. Retrieved 4 December 2015. "Fertility and Reproductive Medicine ... he or she often doesn't start talking about such an issue without the physician initiating the subject by a specific question ...
Saint Louis University Hospital
... physicians.slucare.edu. Retrieved 2020-10-10. "Trauma Centers". American College of Surgeons. Retrieved 2020-10-10. Liss, ... The medical center is a part of the SSM Health System and is affiliated with the Saint Louis University School of Medicine. ... SLUH features an ACS designated adult Level 1 Trauma Center and has a helipad to handle medevac patients. From 1998 to 2015, ... Saint Louis University Hospital (SLU Hospital) is a 327-bed non-profit, research and academic medical center located in St. ...
"Anesthesiology Physicians & Scientist Faculty". Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Vanderbilt University Medical Center. 9 ... "Anesthesiology Physicians & Scientist Faculty". Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Vanderbilt University Medical Center. ... Cook, J (9 March 2016). "Anesthesiology: Dr. Kelly McQueen". Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Vanderbilt University ... Joseph's Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona and the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona, finishing her residency at the ...
American College of Physicians. "Diabetes Center at UCSF". Retrieved 7 October 2018. "State slow to fight diabetes amid ... "UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Profiles". The UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. ... Knight, Heather (2 April 2016). "Doctor fighting S.F. diabetes epidemic backs soda tax". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 1 ... he founded the UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations, whose mission is to advance health in poor communities. His research ...
Lyman Maynard Stowe
Stowe recruited Dr. William Fleeson, assistant dean at the University of Minnesota, and Dr. John Patterson, dean at the ... He spent two years as a rotating intern and resident at the Jersey City Medical Center before returning to New Haven for a year ... "Dr. L. M. Stowe Dies; UConn Med School Dean". The Hartford Courant. 1965-06-03. Retrieved 2021-04-02. "Lyman M. Stowe, Medical ... The Lyman Maynard Stowe Library at the UConn Health Center was named in his honor. Stowe was born in Hartford, Connecticut, on ...
H. Jack Geiger
He was one of the doctors to bring the community health center model to the United States, starting a network that serves 28 ... "Dr. H. Jack Geiger, Founding Member and a Past President of PHR". Physicians for Human Rights. Archived from the original on ... Geiger, H. J. (1996). "A life in social medicine". In E. L. Bassuk (ed.). The Doctor-activist: physicians fighting for social ... and a similar center in Columbia Point, Boston, became a national model of care via community health centers and grew into ...
Craig B. Thompson
After completing his training, Thompson became a physician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, and an ... Wise, DR; DeBerardinis, RJ; Mancuso, A; Sayed, N; Zhang, XY; Pfeiffer, HK; Nissim, I; Daikhin, E; Yudkoff, M; McMahon, SB; ... Ward, PS; Patel, J; Wise, DR; Abdel-Wahab, O; Bennett, BD; Coller, HA; Cross, JR; Fantin, VR; Hedvat, CV; Perl, AE; Rabinowitz ... In 2006 he was named director of the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania and associate vice president for ...
List of Dartmouth College alumni
"Fairbank Center Staff". Fairbank Center for East Asian Research, Harvard University. Archived from the original on September 5 ... "Academic Vita of Dr. Robert E. Witt". The Office of the President at the University of Alabama. Archived from the original on ... "Lanza, Dominic William". Federal Judicial Center. Retrieved 2019-12-22. "Menashi, Steven James". Federal Judicial Center. ... DR. A.W. JENKS, NOTED THEOLOGIAN, DIES; Professor of Church History at General Seminary and Author of Religious Works Was 58" ( ...
"Connecting Engineers and Physicians". Health Care Engineering Systems Center, Grainger College of Engineering. University of ... "Overview of the Center". Center for Engineering and Health. Northwestern University. Retrieved July 30, 2015. "Regenstrief ... "Center for Healthcare Engineering and Patient Safety". University of Michigan. Regents of the University of Michigan. Retrieved ... Healthcare Engineering was first defined in a white paper published in 2015 by Dr. Chyu and 40 co-authors who are active ...
Geisel School of Medicine
The Doctor of Medicine program, now possible with the expanded local medical centers, was reinstated by a vote of the trustees ... "About Dr. Olsson". Dr. Peter Olsson, M.D. Retrieved 2007-12-21. "In memoriam: Former DMS dean Carleton Chapman". Dartmouth ... The Geisel School of Medicine offers the four-year Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree ... The centers cover various medical subjects such as neuroscience, oncology (Norris Cotton Cancer Center), psychiatry, and ...
Primary Care Progress
In 2010, PCP president and co-founder Dr. Andrew Morris-Singer discussed on CNN the crisis in primary care and what is being ... "A new Center for Primary Care". Harvard Gazette. October 28, 2010. "Student Hotspotting Mini-Grant Project". Association of ... PCP's role in the creation of Harvard Medical School's Center for Primary Care - which included a series of town hall meetings ... "Why I'm Becoming a Primary-Care Doctor". The Atlantic. September 18, 2014. "The Path To Primary Care: Who Will Be The Next ...
Dormandy was appointed a university reader in 1970 and was awarded a Doctor of Medicine for a thesis on von Willebrand disease ... By 1970, the haemophilia centre at the Royal Free had expanded to utilise the veranda of an existing ward; although its ... In 1977, she was elected Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and received the inaugural gold medal of the Haemophilia ... Royal College of Physicians. Retrieved 24 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Haywood, Barbara J. (2013). " ...
Royal College of Physicians. Retrieved 23 December 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Liddell Hart Centre for ...
Pierce JP, Chen R, Leas EC, White MM, Kealey S, Stone MD, Benmarhnia T, Trinidad DR, Strong DR, Messner K. (2021). "Use of E- ... National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention Health Promotion (US) Office on Smoking Health (2014). The Health Consequences ... Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 17 December 2019. Retrieved 24 February 2020. Biyani, Sneh; Derkay, Craig S. (2017 ... In 2018, the Royal College of Physicians asked that a balance is found in regulations over e-cigarettes that ensure product ...
John Brereton Barlow
In 1960 he became a consultant physician in the cardiac research unit, in 1971 he was appointed director of the cardiology unit ... The Seymour Lectureship and Medal for Distinguished Service to International Medicine from Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, ... Royal College of Physicians. 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2013. Tsung O, Cheng (5 March 1995). "Clinical Cardiology". Profiles ... He qualified as a doctor in 1951, gained experience as a registrar in Hammersmith Hospital and the Royal Postgraduate Medical ...
Legacy Center Archives and Special Collections of the Drexel University College of Medicine Doctor or Doctress? The First ... In addition to educating medical students and advocating for woman physicians, Dr. Preston also practiced medicine, attending ... Dr. Preston returned to the college the following year for postgraduate work, and was appointed professor of physiology and ... Letter to Dr. Alsop, undated. Information regarding the collected copies and locations of originals, 1968-1969. In Ann ...
Casualties of the Bahraini uprising of 2011 and its aftermath
Bahrain Centre for Human Rights. List of people killed in Bahrain since 14th February 2011 (Report). Bahrain Centre for Human ... "Tear-Gas Related Deaths in Bahrain". Physicians for Human Rights. Retrieved 14 June 2012. Staff writer (20 January 2012). "MOI ... "Two victims pass away because of tear gas in less than 24 hours". Bahrain Centre for Human Rights. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 14 ... "New death due to tear gas inhalation". Bahrain Centre for Human Rights. Retrieved 14 June 2012. "Update: The Names of those who ...
Throughout his career, Dr. Bulun has been awarded over $70 million of research funding in endometriosis, uterine fibroids and ... "News Center". Northwestern Medicine. "Serdar E. Bulun, M.D." The American Society for Clinical Investigation. "Member Directory ... "Bulun Appointed Gardner Clinical Professor". Northwestern University News Center.. ... Association of American Physicians (AAP, elected 2012) American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Distinguished ...
He serves as the Chairman of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Kantoff grew up in Forest Hills, New York City ... Chair in Medicine at the Harvard Medical School Giants in Cancer Care Elected to the Association of American Physicians in 2018 ... After 28 years at Dana-Farber, Kantoff joined Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 2015 to replace George J. Bosl as the ... He held various roles at Dana-Farber, including director of the Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, chief of the Division ...
Medically Unlikely Edit
American College of Physicians. Retrieved January 21, 2010. HCPro (October 7, 2008). "Busy week: OIG Work Plan, CMS' MUE list ... Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Retrieved January 21, 2010. CMS (January 1, 2010). "Medically Unlikely Edits" (Web ... Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Retrieved January 21, 2010. ACRO (2009). "Putting it into Perspective - Medically ... Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Retrieved January 21, 2010. ACSO (2008). "Do private payers use the NCCI edits ...
Ariosa v. Sequenom
Patent Publius, Federal Circuit Threatens Innovation: Dissecting the Ariosa v. Sequenom Opinion Center for the Protection of ... to the natural phenomenon that the doctor inventors had discovered. That made the claimed subject matter patent-ineligible as a ... and Diagnostics Center, Inc.. threatening each of them with patent infringement suits. They responded by filing declaratory ...
Michael Landon, den frie encyklopædi
En kommunebygning i Malibu's Bluffs Park blev navngivet "Michael Landon Center" efter skuespillerens død. ... Frontier Doctor. Jim Mason. Episoden: Shadow of Belle Starr Playhouse 90. Arthur Doner. Episoden: Project Immortality ...
Lady Margaret Beaufort
Against the wall hangs the dosser of her canopy of estate, with the tester above her head (the Tudor rose at its centre) ... Beaufort is believed to have initiated discussions with Woodville, via mutual physician, Lewis Caerleon, who conveyed secret ...
"American Family Physician. 69 (12): 2863-70. PMID 15222651.. *^ a b Delashaw JB, Persing JA, Broaddus WC, Jane JA (February ... In the very first years of life the sutures serve as the most important centers of growth in the skull. The growth of the ... The evaluation of a child suspected to have craniosynostosis is preferentially performed in a craniofacial center. The three ... It is important that families seek out a Pediatric Craniofacial Physician who has experience with craniosynostosis for proper ...
T细胞 - 维基百科，自由的百科全书
The Center for Modeling Immunity to Enteric Pathogens (MIEP). *. Anthony J. Davies. The tale of T cells. Immunology Today: 137- ... 和HLA-DR (人类T细胞的特异标志)。CTLA-4在活化T细胞表面的上调，对共激
In 2008, Dr. Labra, et al., from Mexico, published a variation of UP3, by adding a uvulopalatal flap, in order to avoid such ... University of Maryland Medical Center Patient Education - UPPP Retrieved April 22, 2006. The Vancouver Sleep and Breathing ... In 2002, an Atlanta-based surgical team, led by Dr. Jeffrey Prinsell, published results which have approximated those of the ... first attempted by Doctors Nelson Powell and Robert Riley of Stanford University. The Stanford Protocol consists of two phases ...
Type 2 diabetes
Zaccardi F, Webb DR, Yates T, Davies MJ (February 2016). "Pathophysiology of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: a 90-year ... Centers for Disease Control (Endocrine pathology). *ADA's Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2019 ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes were identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and ... Inzucchi SE, Bergenstal RM, Buse JB, Diamant M, Ferrannini E, Nauck M, Peters AL, Tsapas A, Wender R, Matthews DR (March 2015 ...
"Hatheway Labour Exhibit Center. Retrieved 6 May 2017.. *^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 July 2013. ... In these cases, they may be negotiating for white-collar or professional workers, such as physicians, engineers or teachers. ... "Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training report" (PDF). Acirrt.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on ... American Center for International Labor Solidarity (2006), Justice For All: The Struggle for Worker Rights in Colombia Archived ...
Liquefied natural gas
An alternative fuelling centre tracking site shows 84 public truck LNG fuel centres as of Dec 2016. It is possible for ... Fuels of the Future for Cars and Trucks, Dr. James J. Eberhardt, U.S. Department of Energy, 2002 Diesel Engine Emissions ... burning natural gas produces about 30 percent less carbon dioxide than burning petroleum and about 45 per cent less than ...
Teams from The Sainsbury Laboratory (TSL) and the John Innes Centre in Norwich sequenced the genome of the fungus in December ... In December 2016, writing in Nature Dr Richard Buggs reported that the common ash (Fraxinus excelsior)had been sequenced for ... "15 to 20 per cent of trees do not die, and show no symptoms." In 2012, the disease was said to be peaking in Sweden and ... In 2009 it was estimated that 50 per cent of Denmark's ash trees were damaged by crown-dieback, and a 2010 estimate stated ...
Hayward Unified School District
The current superintendent is Dr. Matt Wayne and the current board of trustees president is Dr. Robert Carlson. ... It also maintains an alternative high school, an English language center, and an adult education center. Many of the park and ...
United States Merchant Marine Academy
A learning center which is open to the regiment and the public ... Dr. Franjo Tuđman Military Academy. *. University of Defence. * ... the Dean and Barbara White Admissions Center at USMMA is named in his honor; inducted into USMMA Hall of Distinguished ...
Licensed physicians in the US who have attended one of the established medical schools there have usually graduated Doctor of ... later National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, currently National Center for Complementary and Integrative ... Offit, Dr Paul (2013-06-09). Killing Us Softly: The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine. ISBN 9780007491735. .. ... WHO Kobe Centre; Bodeker, G.; et al. (2005). WHO Global Atlas of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine. WHO. ISBN ...
List of medical colleges in India
Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Kohlapur. *Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College ... Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre. Kerala. Government Medical Colleges. *Government Medical College ... Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram. *Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, ... Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi. *Azeezia Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Meeyyannoor ...
Αμινά Γκουρίμπ - Βικιπαίδεια
Her Excellency Dr. (Mrs) Bibi Ameenah Firdaus Gurib-Fakim, G.C.S.K., C.S.K President of the Republic of Mauritius». The ... Σήμερα η Γκουρίμπ είναι διευθύντρια του Ερευνητικού Κέντρου CIDP Research & Innovation (πρώην ονομασία Cephyr, Centre for ... doctors. _honoris. _causa. /dhc. _2013. /ameenah. _gurib. _fakim. .html. *↑ http://pmo.govmu.org/English/Pages/National-Day- ...
Clayton, Victoria: Centre of Southeast Asian Studies, 1991.. *Ben Kiernan, "Social Cohesion in Revolutionary Cambodia", ... Material compiled by Dr. Stuart D. Stein.. *Cambodian Genocide Program, 1994-2008. ... While considerably higher than earlier and more widely accepted estimates of Khmer Rouge executions, the Documentation Center ...
Northern Book Centre. p. 73. ISBN 9788172112561. .. *^ Meera Kosambi. Intersections: Socio-cultural Trends in Maharashtra. ... He was administered penicillin despite having informed the doctor-in-charge of his allergy to penicillin, and he died on 23 ... Northern Book Centre. ISBN 978-81-85119-39-7. .. *. Borgström, Bengt-Erik (1980), The patron and the panca: village values and ... Human Resources Development Research Center, Kathmandu. *^ Hofer, Andras (1979). The Caste Hierarchy and the State of Nepal: A ...
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
In January 2009, Dr. Stuart Geffner performed the world's first all-robotic kidney transplant at Saint Barnabas Medical Center ... Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood; Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch; Newark Beth Israel Medical Center; Union Hospital; ... It is one of the nation's largest fertility centers. The Institute has been the pioneer in fertility research. Dr. Jacques ... The Burn Center at Saint Barnabas was established in 1977. It is the only certified burn treatment center in New Jersey and the ...
"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.. *^ "Pneumococcal vaccines WHO position paper--2012" (PDF). Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 87 ... Army physician George Sternberg and the French chemist Louis Pasteur. ... Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2012). "Ch. 16: Pneumococcal Disease". In Atkinson W; Wolfe S; Hamborsky J. ... Nilsson, P; Laurell, MH (2001). "Carriage of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae by children in day-care centers ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
According to three doctors treating him, he is on the brink of dying from his hunger strike. If he dies, is it ITN material or ... Space Shuttle Discovery safely lands at Kennedy Space Center at 5:32 p.m. EST (Florida local time), concluding a two-week ... Dr. Juan Ignacio Vergara from the Military Hospital emphasized the potentially fatal situation the former president is in. The ... under the control of the Police National Information and Co-ordination Centre, was the biggest ever for a murder inquiry. In ...
Positron emission tomography
The PET-CT scanner, attributed to Dr. David Townsend and Dr. Ronald Nutt, was named by TIME Magazine as the medical invention ... "Jülich Research Centre. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 2015-04-14.. *^ Tse, VCK; Kalani, MYS; Adler, JR (2015). "Techniques of ... In 2018 the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine became the first veterinary center to employ a small clinical PET-scanner as ... National Isotope Development Center-U.S. government source of radionuclides including those for PET-production, research, ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
United States Army Center of Military History. ISBN 0-16-072376-0. CMH Pub 70-14.. ... Washington, D.C.: United States Army Center of Military History. ISBN 0-16-072376-0. CMH Pub 70-14.. ... Washington D.C.: United States Army Center of Military History.. - full text ...
Dr. Thiele Polyester Technology. Retrieved 4 January 2019.. *^ "Specifications for Polyester: Poly(ethylene-terephthalate)". ... NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. ...
"This Congolese Doctor Discovered Ebola But Never Got Credit For It - Until Now". NPR.org. Retrieved 5 November 2019.. ... Center For Disease Control; Francois Wilson (2014). CDC Guidance on Ebola Virus (EVD): 2014 Edition. International Publications ... "Mystery DR Congo fever kills 100". BBC News Online. 31 August 2007. Archived from the original on 11 November 2007.. ... "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.. ...
Carol Fowler Durham
"CERC: Clinical Education & Resource Center". Carolina Nursing Magazine. 2006.. *^ "Carol F Durham". Medical Training Magazine. ... Carol Fowler Durham ((1954-09-08)September 8, 1954) is an American Clinical Professor of Nursing and Doctor of Education who is ... The North Carolina Center for Nursing featured Durham in a nurse educator profile on their web site from 2006 to 2007. ... In 2009, Durham completed the Doctor of Education program at North Carolina State University concentrating on adult and higher ...
"American Family Physician. 62: 1119; 1127. Retrieved August 26, 2013.. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x ... doi:10.1111/cen.12345.. *^ Fairfield, Wesley P. (2003). "Cushing's Disease after Successful Transsphenoidal Surgery - What to ... "Dr. Cushing Dead; Brain Surgeon, 70. A Pioneer Who Won Fame as Founder of New School of Neuro-Surgery. Discovered Malady ... Wilson, P.J.; Williams, J.R.; Smee, R.I. (2014). "Cushing's disease: A single centre's experience using the linear accelerator ...
"World Heritage Centre. UNESCO. Retrieved 19 February 2013.. *^ Tahir, Zulqernain. 26 May 2005. Probe body on Harappa park, Dawn ... "Harappa Town Planning"-article by Dr S. Srikanta Sastri. *Art of the Bronze Age: Southeastern Iran, Western Central Asia, and ... Harappa was the center of one of the core regions of the Indus Valley Civilization, located in central Punjab. The Harappan ... The Harappan merchants also had procurement colonies in Mesopotamia which also served as trading centers. ...
"US News & World Report: Healthcare: Doctors. Retrieved 11 July 2018.. *^ Rohrich, RJ (15 September 2003). "Mentors in medicine ... Until 2014, Rohrich was one of highest paid state employees in Texas as a UT Southwestern Medical Center faculty member. He is ... Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Rod Rohrich Honored Among the Top Plastic Surgeons in the United States by Peers in Castle ... Rohrich joined the Division of Plastic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas in 1986 and succeeded Fritz E. ...
a b c d e Eugene Kiely, Medicaid Estate Recovery Program, FactCheck.org, Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of ... Physicians and dentists attitudes toward Medicaid and Medicaid patients: review of the literature. Columbia University. 2009. ... "Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Retrieved April 12, 2018.. *^ "Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion ... Center for Health Care Strategies, CHCS Extensive library of tools, briefs, and reports developed to help state agencies, ...
It may have been intended to show Tenochtitlan as the center of the world and therefore, as the center of authority. ... Dr. R.K.Nimai Singh ,Imphal. ISSN 2350-0336. *^ Wangam, Somorjit (2019). Emerging The Lost Civilization of The Manipur Valley, ... Dr. R.K.Nimai Singh ,Imphal. ISSN 2350-0336. *^ A. Wayman (1981). "Reflections on the Theory of Barabudur as a Mandala". ... One theory is that the face at the center of the stone represents Tonatiuh, the Aztec deity of the sun. It is for this reason ...
Friedman  | Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
Dr. Friedmans research interests lie in the long term outcomes for cancer survivors, as well as in the design of novel ... Copyright © 2020 Vanderbilt University Medical Center. All rights reserved.. Vanderbilt © and the Vanderbilt logos are ... as the founder and director of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Survivorship Program. ... the Cancer Control and Prevention Program and directs the Cancer Survivorship programs at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. ...
Doctor - Apex Dental Center
Physicians/Staff - Family Medicine Center at Asylum Hill
Were part of the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Connecticut Health Center. ... A Family Medicine Residency practice center located in Hartford, CT. ... Physicians/Staff In order to provide our patients with the most personalized care possible, our physicians and staff are ... However, if your primary care physician is not available, another physician or staff member on the team will take care of you. ...
MEDIA CENTER | The Physicians Committee
Doctors Support Bipartisan Policy Centers Call for SNAP to Focus on Healthy Nutrition ... Physicians Committee. 5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste.400, Washington DC, 20016. Phone: 202-686-2210 Email: [email protected] ...
MEDIA CENTER | The Physicians Committee
Physicians Committee. 5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste.400, Washington DC, 20016. Phone: 202-686-2210 Email: [email protected] ... Doctors Appeal Judges Decision Allowing California Schools to Continue Serving Cancer-Causing Processed Meat ...
The Johns Hopkins Childrens Center offers physicians world-class facilities, top-notch education, and leading resources to ... Find a Doctor. Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community ... About the Childrens Center Request an Appointment Make a Referral MyChart Careers Contact Us ... The Johns Hopkins Childrens Center is committed to helping you achieve and maintain a standard of excellence in all that you ...
For Physicians | MD Anderson Cancer Center
MD Andersons For Physicians site is an online resource that delivers the most up-to-date information on our more than 800 ... Physician Relations Find more information on our physician liaisions, Faculty Speakers Bureau, Physician Advisory Board and ... Cancer Prevention Center The Lyda Hill Cancer Prevention Center provides cancer risk assessment, screening and diagnostic ... Referring Physicians and Health Care Providers. Referring Provider Team: 1-855-821-2065, option 1. [email protected] ...
Cosmetic Dermatology & Laser Center - Your Physicians
He serves as the Director of the Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser Center (CDLC). He is listed in Best Doctors in America and his ... Prior to joining the CDLC, Dr. Sachs was a faculty member at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. In 2007 ... Dr. Stephanie Gan. Dr. Stephanie Gan received her medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine. After completing ... Dr. Dana Sachs. Dr. Sachs specializes in cosmetic dermatology, cosmetic laser procedures, melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer ...
Physicians Network | MD Anderson Cancer Center
Physicians Network. MD Anderson Physicians Network® is a quality management and best practices organization that delivers ... Cancer Prevention Center The Lyda Hill Cancer Prevention Center provides cancer risk assessment, screening and diagnostic ... myMDAnderson for Physicians Our personalized portal helps you refer your patients and communicate with their MD Anderson care ... MD Anderson Physicians Network improves cancer care through the assembly and delivery of quality oncology services to the broad ...
1000 Town Center Dr - Oxnard CA - MapQuest
18129 Town Center Dr - Olney MD - MapQuest
Spivey Station Physicians Center - Jonesboro, GA | Groupon
With services such as physicals, Spivey Station Physicians Center is a medical center that you can count on.When you cant ... know that Spivey Station Physicians Center is here to help you get back on your feet. ... look no further than Spivey Station Physicians Center in Jonesboro. ... With services such as physicals, Spivey Station Physicians Center is a medical center that you can count on. ...
For Physicians | Boston Medical Center
Ertan Digestive Disease Center Physicians
Gastroenterology Center of Excellence, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Professor, Department of Internal ... Ertan Digestive Disease Center Affiliated Physicians. Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Atilla Ertan, MD, FACP, MACG ... Find a Doctor. To search Houston doctors, please select a specialty & submit your Zip Code below. ... Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Fellowships: University of Texas Health Science Center at ...
Migraine & Headaches Center: Physician Reviewed Headache Information
Veterinary Receptionist | Dr. Shane's Veterinary Medical Center
Tehran Detention Center Doctor's Death Arouses Suspicions
One said that he committed suicide following the revelation of events at the detention center that is being described by the ... Two opposition websites have reported a physician resident at the Kahrizak detention center has committed suicide. ... reported over the weekend that a physician resident at the Kahrizak detention center has committed suicide. Tagheer ... reported that the physician examined Ruholamini two days before his death. According to the report, Dr. Pourandarjani died on ...
Dr Philip Wright - Graham Centre
Dr Philip Wright is the Chief Scientist for the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI). In this role Dr Wright is ... Dr Wright holds a number of board or senior committee appointments including being the NSW representative on the Gene ... Dr Wright has contributed to government policy in a number of important areas including gene technology, medicinal cannabis, ... Prior to his senior science leadership roles Dr Wright undertook research on plant physiology of drought tolerance and on a ...
Cancer Center physicians honored - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
"Dr. Engelman, Dr. Flaherty and Dr. Sequist have made major contributions to the development of novel precision therapies in ... Daniel Haber, MD, PhD, director of Cancer Center, introduced the three MGH physicians - Jeffrey Engelman, MD, PhD; Keith ... The Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies in the MGH Cancer Center has three new endowed leadership positions ... The Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies in the MGH Cancer Center has three new endowed leadership positions ...
Dr. Strangelovian Data Center In Nova Scotia - InformationWeek
Canadian startup Bastionhost this week announced plans to build a secure campus of data centers that will be headquartered in ... Dr. Strangelovian Data Center In Nova Scotia. Canadian startup Bastionhost this week announced plans to build a secure campus ... Cold War underground bunker his company purchased to use as a secure data center. Photo courtesy of David TS Fraser. "Nova ... According to Data Center Knowledge, the 57-acre site has been twice listed on eBay, first in March 2004, when the list price ...
Research Centres | Dr Julia D. Sigwart
NeoTract Designates Dr. Robert Waguespack as UroLift® Center of Excellence
"We are proud to name Dr. Robert Waguespack as a UroLift Center of Excellence and provider of care for men with enlarged ... "We are proud to name Dr. Robert Waguespack as a UroLift Center of Excellence and provider of care for men with enlarged ... Center of Excellence. The designation recognizes that Dr. Waguespack has achieved a high level of training and experience with ... The UroLift Center of Excellence program is designed to highlight urologists who are committed to educating their patients on ...
Physicians Practice: Malpractice Insurance - AAPC Knowledge Center
Professional liability insurance is a necessary part of being a physician in order to protect the provider from bearing the ... AAPC Physician Services Vice President of Business Development Dixon Davis, MBA, MHSA, recently wrote an article for ... Physicians Practice: Malpractice Insurance was last modified: January 17th, 2013 by admin aapc ... Professional liability insurance is a necessary part of being a physician in order to protect the provider from bearing the ...
Revere Health Care Center Physicians - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General Hospital doctors who practice at the MGH Revere HealthCare Center. ... Revere: Revere Healthcare Center-Obstetrics & Gynecology Services. *Chelsea: Chelsea Healthcare Center-Obstetrics & Gynecology ... Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General Hospital doctors who practice at the MGH Revere HealthCare Center. ...
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Dr Dre 50 Cent sued 'P.I.M.P.'
Dr Dre and 50 Cent sued over uncredited beat on P.I.M.P.. LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 10: (Editors Note: Image has been ... Dr Dre and 50 Cent are being sued over the beat used on P.I.M.P.. ... Producer Brandon Parrott claims the track, which features on 50 Cents 2003 album Get Rich Or Die Tryin", uses his beat, but ... processed using digital filters) Dr. Dre attends the premiere of "Straight Outta Compton" at Microsoft Theater on August 10, ...
Going to the Doctor (for Kids) - Vidant Medical Center
Read all about what happens at the doctors office. ... its because your parents and your doctor want to see that ... When you go to the doctor for a checkup, ... What Does the Doctor Check?. The doctor will come in and say ... Why Do Kids Need to See a Doctor?. "Youre going to the doctor," your mom tells you. But why go to the doctor when youre not ... Though the doctor is shining a light in your eye, try to keep your eye still so the doctor can get a good look. ...
Staff: Physician: Wellness Center: Loyola University Chicago
Dr. Raynelda Hidalgo is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and has been a physician at the Loyola Wellness Center ... Wellness Center · 6439 N. Sheridan Road, Suite 311, Chicago, IL 60626 · Phone: 773.508.2530 · Fax: 773.508.8790 ... Rome Center *Security/Police *Staff Council *Student Development *Study Abroad *Summer Sessions *Tutoring *University Policies ... Career Centers *Colleges and Schools *Commencement *Conference Services *Continuing Education *Course Evaluations IDEA *Cuneo ...
Physician Referral | Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Find a Doctor. Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community ... Physician Referral. To refer a patient for neurological critical care, the on-call NCCU physician may be reached via the ... HAL accepts physician-to-physician referrals only. Patients will be directed to Johns Hopkins Bayview or Johns Hopkins Hospital ... Home , Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center , Medical Services , Specialty Care , Neurology , Neurosciences Critical Care Unit ...
Mesothelioma Treatment Near You | Cancer Centers & Doctors
Find mesothelioma doctors, cancer centers and resources near you. ... Top Mesothelioma Doctors and Cancer Centers in Your Area. *New ... Along with a guide to state-specific mesothelioma doctors and cancer centers, each state listed above also has a list of local ... Insurance coverage can vary based on the doctor and cancer center, especially if traveling means treatment is now out-of- ... However, there are cancer centers and doctors located around the United States that have experience treating the disease, ...
2018Referring PhysiciansAppointmentSearchPatientsPracticeHospitalOutpatientContentSpecializesPatient2019Beth IsraelMedicareDisease ControlAmerican College ofTreatmentsClinicalSpecialtyServicesSpine CenterSpecialtiesNursesHospitalsEndoscopy CenterMedical centerUrologyFacultyHealthExcellenceHealthcareSurgeonResearchMasterfileTeamProcedureAnderson'sResidencyChairOncologyScientistNeurosurgeryCancerInternshipUroLiftBoard-certifiedTreatmentEducationConsultantsSpecializeStaffNeurosurgeonDetention center
- The CY 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule was placed on display at the Federal Register on November 1, 2018. (cms.gov)
- The CY 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule with comment period was placed on display at the Federal Register on July 12, 2018. (cms.gov)
- Dr Sigwart is currently on extended research sabbatical based in the University of California, Berkeley, USA , funded by a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Global Fellowship award from the European Commission (2015-2018). (qub.ac.uk)
- Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only. (mdanderson.org)
- You'll want to make an appointment with the experienced medical staff at Spivey Station Physicians Center in Jonesboro, GA. Adequate medical services, such as physicals, are available at this establishment. (groupon.com)
- When Viviana noticed that her one month old daughter, Diana's, head was misshapen, she decided to make an appointment at Boston Medical Center to meet with a specialist. (bmc.org)
- John Theurer Cancer Center at Hacksensack University Cancer Center announced the appointment of five physicians to its medical staff. (healio.com)
- Once your doctor schedules an appointment for your endoscopy at Doctors Hospital, you should receive a call from an Endoscopy registrar the day before your test. (baptisthealth.net)
- The accusations will add fuel to a campaign backed by hundreds of doctors from around the world to force Yoram Blachar, who heads the IMA, to step down from his recent appointment as president of the World Medical Association (WMA). (globalresearch.ca)
- The campaign against Dr Blachar has gained ground rapidly since his appointment as president in November. (globalresearch.ca)
- In order to provide our patients with the most personalized care possible, our physicians and staff are divided into three teams. (google.com)
- Partnering with you and your patients remains a priority for the faculty and staff of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and we are grateful for your trust as we strive to best serve you, your patients and their families. (mdanderson.org)
- Since joining the Cancer Center in 2005, he has actively translated discoveries from the lab into the clinic to improve treatment outcomes and quality of life for patients with lung cancer. (massgeneral.org)
- The UroLift Center of Excellence program is designed to highlight urologists who are committed to educating their patients on BPH and the UroLift System as a treatment option and consistently seek to deliver excellent patient outcomes and experiences. (prweb.com)
- Mesothelioma patients should seek help from a mesothelioma doctor to ensure an accurate diagnosis and the best treatment possible. (mesothelioma.com)
- A team of experienced mesothelioma doctors and specialists can help patients establish a treatment plan and potentially improve their prognosis. (mesothelioma.com)
- However, there are cancer centers and doctors located around the United States that have experience treating the disease, allowing patients to find care and resources in their own state. (mesothelioma.com)
- In addition to location, patients should also research each of the doctors that they are considering to fully understand their specialties, experience and treatment technique. (mesothelioma.com)
- It's also important to note if the doctor is associated with recent clinical trials and can help patients understand if the latest emerging treatments could be a fit for their case. (mesothelioma.com)
- Overall, it's important for patients and loved ones to find a mesothelioma doctor they will be comfortable with throughout their treatment journey and beyond. (mesothelioma.com)
- As patients and their loved ones research doctors, they should also consider the treatment facilities. (mesothelioma.com)
- Patients should discuss with both their insurance company and the prospective treatment center to understand their financial options. (mesothelioma.com)
- Along with a guide to state-specific mesothelioma doctors and cancer centers , each state listed above also has a list of local support services that may be of help to patients on their treatment journey. (mesothelioma.com)
- The entire staff is wonderful and very caring about their patients and the doctors certainly know all about back problems. (spine-health.com)
- Intermountain already had a connection to Stanford through Arnold Milstein , MD, a professor of medicine and director of Stanford's Clinical Excellence Research Center , who used the health-care system as a pilot site for his "ambulatory care ICU" project, a new form of outpatient care to prevent costly and dangerous health crises in patients with chronic disease. (stanford.edu)
- Moffitt Cancer Center is committed to the health and safety of our patients and their families. (moffitt.org)
- And so it can be kind of tricky for patients to tell the difference between what is a hospital, what is an outpatient surgery center. (pbs.org)
- So, there has been a concern and some studies that have shown that doctors who have an ownership stake in one of these facilities refer more patients, do more of a certain type of procedure. (pbs.org)
- The physicians at our regional facilities work closely with clinical researchers in Manhattan, allowing patients who get their treatments outside our main campus to participate in selected clinical trials. (mskcc.org)
- Fertility Centers of Illinois offers cutting-edge fertility treatment technologies and practices to patients, and currently serves as the most renowned center in the Midwest. (dailyherald.com)
- It is based at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, part of CHI St. Luke's Health, and is accepting patients now. (mesothelioma.com)
- Mesothelioma is treated at the Lung Institute's Mesothelioma Treatment Center, which attracts patients from around the world. (mesothelioma.com)
- Equally happy are the doctors, nurses and researchers who not only have state of the art technology, but a chance to easily collaborate in teams to better care for patients. (pennlive.com)
- Chestnut, 45, of Mechanicsburg, who has been treated for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma since 2005, said the close quarters in the old center 'were all right as long as you were feeling pretty good' and could commiserate with other patients or joke with the nurses. (pennlive.com)
- In the old center, there could be three beds, two nurses, and a secretary trying to squeeze into the same space with a couple of patients and their family members. (pennlive.com)
- Dr. Gallo performs nerve blocks with a small catheter that requires no recovery time and has proven successful in patients who have previously found no relief. (holyname.org)
- Gayle Mink, a nurse practitioner at a community mental health center here, had tired of the constant stream of patients seeking Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug coveted for its swift calming effect. (nytimes.com)
- Because of the clamor for the drug, and concern over the striking number of overdoses involving Xanax here and across the country, Seven Counties took an unusual step - its doctors stopped writing new prescriptions for Xanax and its generic version, alprazolam , in April and plan to wean patients off it completely by year's end. (nytimes.com)
- Dr. Hedges said that while Seven Counties bore some blame for prescribing Xanax in the first place, many patients initially got it from primary care doctors. (nytimes.com)
- The Spine Center team is here to help with the challenges of managing spine conditions by offering your patients comprehensive, multidisciplinary care. (bidmc.org)
- The addition of Dr. Crane greatly expands our ability to service the needs of patients with complex problems of balance and hearing. (rochester.edu)
- During its first year, the center (which provides free care and education to all cancer patients and their caregivers) helped over 6,000 patients and aided an additional 2,000 through their toll-free hotline. (treehugger.com)
- Currently, there are multiple cancer facilities in the Dempsey Cancer Center, each of which do different tests and treatments, thus patients are often shuttled from location to location. (treehugger.com)
- On October 3, the trauma center was destroyed by a US airstrike that killed 22 patients and MSF staff . (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- OPD patients wait for appointments outside at the Kunduz Trauma Centre in Kunduz, Northern Afghanistan. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Patients and their caretakers wait at the triage room of Kunduz Trauma Centre in Kunduz, Northern Afghanistan. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Heavy fighting between Afghan forces and armed opposition groups in the northern-eastern province of Kunduz is increasingly isolating people living in the districts from the provincial capital, where Médecins Sans Frontières' (MSF) trauma centre has been receiving wounded patients. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- The Contraceptive Choice Center provides 100% confidential services to patients, and accepts Medicaid and most commercial plans. (wustl.edu)
- While the Contraceptive Choice Center accepts Medicaid and insurance, uninsured patients may qualify for a lower fee scale. (wustl.edu)
- At Doctors Hospital, our top priority is the safety of our patients. (baptisthealth.net)
- Physician Assistant may manage the health care for designated patients. (healthcaresource.com)
- AAPC Physician Services' Vice President of Business Development Dixon Davis, MBA, MHSA, recently wrote an article for Physicians Practice in which he delineated the different types of malpractice insurance. (aapc.com)
- Meet the board-certified, Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General Hospital doctors who practice at the MGH Revere HealthCare Center. (massgeneral.org)
- Dr. Hidalgo has also had a private practice in Chicago for over 7 years and teaches medical students and residents at Lutheran General Hospital, Illinois Masonic Hospital, and Saint Joseph's Hospital. (luc.edu)
- In all, a very nice and friendly practice and I will absolutely recommend Dr. Liu and his team to anyone with back problems. (spine-health.com)
- TAMPA, Fla. - Moffitt Cancer Center has announced that G. Douglas Letson, M.D., has been appointed the new executive vice president for Clinical Affairs and physician-in-chief, and Johnathan Lancaster, M.D., Ph.D., has been appointed the new president of the Moffitt Medical Group, which oversees the medical practice of physicians and health care professionals. (moffitt.org)
- In his new role, Lancaster will oversee physician practice operations. (moffitt.org)
- On February 8, 2021, the Group on Business Affairs and the Group on Faculty Practice hosted a joint webinar entitled An Update on Physician Compensation Methodologies in Academic Medical Centers . (aamc.org)
- This is the third survey conducted by the AAMC and SullivanCotter to help members understand how compensation methodologies for faculty physicians and community physicians employed by AMCs and Advanced Practice Providers are evolving. (aamc.org)
- Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron has the skill set and experience to enrich our practice and provide exemplary patient service. (dailyherald.com)
- The report, titled 'Projected Impact of the Primary Care Residency Expansion Program Using Historical Trends in Graduate Placement,' used data from the 2013 AMA Physician Masterfile and other resources to project how many of those residents would indeed practice primary care and how many would likely practice in rural America and health professional shortage areas. (aafp.org)
- Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 24 hospitals (includes "virtual" hospital), a Medical Group with more than 2,400 physicians and advanced practice clinicians at about 160 clinics, a health plans division called SelectHealth, and other health services. (intermountainhealthcare.org)
- They defined primary care physicians as nonfederally employed physicians younger than 75 years old who are not hospital residents and whose major professional activity is outpatient care in general practice, family medicine, general internal medicine and general pediatrics in every U.S. county and the District of Columbia. (stanford.edu)
- CPEP provides assessment and education for physicians re-entering practice. (wikipedia.org)
- Other Programs CPEP offers a Clinical Practice Reentry Program for physicians who wish to reenter the field after a voluntary absence to enhance a physician's practice, and/or restore a physician's clinical capabilities. (wikipedia.org)
- To enter this program, physicians must have left the medical field in good standing, and they must want to reenter in the same clinical practice for which they were trained. (wikipedia.org)
- Dr. Ross Pine is partnering with his father, Dr. David Pine, who began his practice in 1978. (gravatar.com)
- Dr. Ross Pine is a wonderful addition to his father's well established and much respected practice. (gravatar.com)
- He was a staff physician at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, Va., before returning to the Bethesda facility. (washingtonpost.com)
- He started his postdoctoral training at Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, completing an internship and residency in 1985, and becoming Chief Resident of Pediatrics from 1985 to 1986. (montefiore.org)
- And they're typically owned by the doctors, rather than a hospital. (pbs.org)
- And with people having these $5,000 deductibles and co-pays now, they can save individuals a lot if it's $1,000 at the outpatient surgery center vs. $2,000 at a hospital. (pbs.org)
- When we think about money, is there a different kind of conflict of interests, if the doctor tells you to go to one of their facilities where they have a stake in it vs. go to a hospital, where they make money a little differently? (pbs.org)
- Well, the doctor is going to make more money if he sends you to a facility that he owns, rather than going to a hospital, where he's basically just paid for his labor. (pbs.org)
- The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United blasted a report issued Sept. 24 from the supposed "independent" panel of stakeholders set up by the hospital giants to provide a cover for the closure of embattled Doctors Medical Center, long a mainstay for the people of Richmond and San Pablo. (sfbayview.com)
- In his hometown of Lewiston, Maine, sits The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing where Dempsey has done more than just serve as a pretty face for the hospital. (treehugger.com)
- MSF surgeon Dr. Martin John Jarmin III (right) operates on a 20-year-old man at the MSF hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, December 1, 2011. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- At the hospital or one of our physician practices , every LMC doctor is a part of our advanced health care network . (lexmed.com)
- Swedish is consistently named the Seattle area's best hospital, with the best doctors, nurses and overall care in a variety of specialty areas. (swedish.org)
- Our state-of-the-art orthopedic hospital located at 6010 Bay Parkway in Brooklyn, NY is easy to get to by car, bus or subway (N train to 20th Avenue or F train to Avenue N). Maimonides Medical Center is committed to keeping Brooklyn active and healthy. (maimonidesmed.org)
- The organization was established in 1990 as a collaborative effort of seven Colorado healthcare organizations: the Colorado Alliance for CME, the Colorado Foundation for Medical Care, the Colorado Hospital Association, the Colorado Medical Society, the Colorado Physician Health Program, the Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Colorado School of Medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- Community Medical Centers operates CRMC, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgery Hospital and Community Behavioral Health Center in Fresno. (sacbee.com)
- The report noted instances where prisoners, including a pregnant woman and a dying man, were shackled while doctors carried out emergency procedures in a hospital. (globalresearch.ca)
- United Doctors Medical Center (UDMC) is a 250-bed hospital in Quezon City, Philippines. (wikipedia.org)
- This proposed rule includes a number of new proposals, including a proposal to change documentation, coding and payment to reduce administrative burden and improve payment accuracy for office/outpatient Evaluation and Management visits, and a proposal to pay separately for two newly defined physicians' services furnished using communication technology. (cms.gov)
- Outpatient medical centers perform 23 million surgeries in the U.S. per year. (pbs.org)
- Now: the rising use of outpatient medical centers for surgeries and other procedures. (pbs.org)
- Some of them are small, like the one that Ms. Rivers was at, with just a few doctors that focuses on one or two types of procedures like endoscopy or colonoscopy, but some of them are quite big and do a whole range of outpatient procedures, shoulder surgeries, cataracts, eye surgeries, plastic surgery. (pbs.org)
- Our state-of-the-art regional outpatient centers offer diagnostic services, some pre- and post-surgical care, chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and follow-up care. (mskcc.org)
- Are UCSF Berkeley Outpatient Center specialists covered? (johnmuirhealth.com)
- Dr. Sachs specializes in cosmetic dermatology, cosmetic laser procedures, melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer and general dermatology. (umich.edu)
- Dr. Gan has a background in general dermatology but now specializes in laser and cosmetic dermatology. (umich.edu)
- Small curves usually cause no problems, but for larger curves you may need to get an X-ray or see an orthopedic doctor who specializes in the treatment of scoliosis. (kidshealth.org)
- In some cases, it may be in the patient's best interest to travel to another part of the country to consult with a doctor that specializes specifically in their type of mesothelioma. (mesothelioma.com)
- The Center for Personalized Education for Physicians (CPEP) is a non-profit organization, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and it specializes in physician competency assessment and educational intervention. (wikipedia.org)
- When you become a patient here, you are assigned a primary care physician who is a member of one of those teams. (google.com)
- To refer a patient for neurological critical care, the on-call NCCU physician may be reached via the Hopkins Access Line (HAL), available 24 hours a day, at 410-955-9444 or 1-800-765-5447. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Working closely with each patient, the center's physicians offer individually tailored solutions aimed to provide lasting relief. (spine-health.com)
- Stanford physicians and leaders visited the Utah-based health-care system to share ideas for a wide-ranging partnership in clinical research, patient care and education. (stanford.edu)
- Before you choose any doctor you should take into account their background, training, specialized experience AND their patient satisfaction to ensure they are the right fit for you. (healthgrades.com)
- To refer your patient to BIDMC's Spine Center, please email us or call 617-754-9000 . (bidmc.org)
- We did not have to look far to find two accomplished and respected physician leaders who each have a strong national reputation, leadership skills and a commitment to excellence in patient care, education and research," List said. (moffitt.org)
- Our physicians are dedicated to excellent patient care and experts in the latest care techniques. (prweb.com)
- Photo: Dr. Raju with an earthquake patient at the Spinal Injury Rehabilitation Centre in Nepal. (vch.ca)
- Eva Kusikova, ER doctor from Slovakia and her Afghan colleagues reanimate a head trauma patient injured in a motorbike accident at the ICU of Kunduz Trauma Centre in Kunduz, Northern Afghanistan. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- MSF medical staff treats a female patient in the OPD of Kunduz Trauma Centre in Kunduz, Northern Afghanistan. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Of course, we keep the referring physician informed of the personalized treatment plan from the beginning and return the patient to the referring physician for follow-up care. (uhhospitals.org)
- To refer a patient, call the UH Proton Therapy Center at 216-286-PROT or refer a patient online . (uhhospitals.org)
- The Patient Care Documentation Seminar teaches physicians how to identify basic documentation guidelines, understand the legal issues associated with poor documentation and overcome barriers to good documentation. (wikipedia.org)
- This final rule updates payment policies, payment rates, and other provisions for services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) on or after Jan. 1, 2019. (cms.gov)
- No liability is assumed by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for any errors or omissions. (bidmc.org)
- and whose counseling is furnished by a qualified physician or other Medicare-recognized practitioner. (bmc.org)
- For a one-stop resource focused on Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) physicians, visit the Physician Center webpage. (cms.gov)
- A recent report published by Kareo shows survey results on how independent physicians are responding to the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act's Quality Payment Program. (aapc.com)
- The above data and recommendations were published in September 1998, by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in a report titled, Management of Possible Sexual, Injecting-Drug-Use, or Other Non-Occupational Exposure to HIV, Including Considerations Related to Antiretroviral Therapy . (thebody.com)
American College of1
- Dr. van Valkenburgh was a diplomate of the American College of Physicians, and was president of the District of Columbia Rheumatism Socity. (washingtonpost.com)
- For men with prostate cancer that has spread outside the prostate, our physicians are experts at determining which treatment or combination of treatments will be most effective for you. (mskcc.org)
- Dr. Sethi's expertise and continued interest in advanced technologies has allowed him to introduce novel treatments to the area. (prweb.com)
- For Physicians' is an online resource that delivers the most up-to-date information on our treatment services, clinical trials, referral processes and tools available to you. (mdanderson.org)
- Dr. Orringer, a graduate of Harvard Medical School, has also been invited to lecture on laser therapy at prestigious national and international medical meetings such as the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Meeting, the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, and the Dermatology Foundation Clinical Symposia. (umich.edu)
- Our multidisciplinary network of providers is committed to delivering the most appropriate cancer treatment using MD Anderson Cancer Center clinical guidelines, which includes an integrated approach to education, prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care. (mdanderson.org)
- Sequist, the recipient of the Mary B. Saltonstall Endowed Chair in Oncology, is a clinical researcher in both the Center for Thoracic Cancers and the Termeer Center. (massgeneral.org)
- Other physicians, including Bohman, have attended Intermountain's Advanced Training Program, led by Brent James, MD, executive director of the Intermountain Institute for Health Care Delivery Research and the guru of standardized clinical care. (stanford.edu)
- Located in Tampa, Moffitt Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute -designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, which recognizes Moffitt's excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. (moffitt.org)
- From radiation therapy to clinical trials to check-ins with your doctor, your care is made as convenient as possible. (mskcc.org)
- Disasters like the Nepalese earthquake cause many deaths and many extremely serious injuries, including fractures, brain injuries and spinal cord injuries," says Dr. Peter Wing, clinical professor emeritus, Division of Spine, UBC, and retired spine surgeon. (vch.ca)
- Dr. Martin has performed extensive clinical research. (intermountainhealthcare.org)
- Learn more about proton therapy, clinical research, innovations, CME courses, referrals and more in our Physician Resource Center . (uhhospitals.org)
- The CPEP approach to physician competency evaluation and assessment has three major components: clinical competence assessment, educational intervention, and post-educational evaluation. (wikipedia.org)
- Physicians are then given a reentry plan, which includes supervised clinical experience to update skills and knowledge and a detailed reporting of progress. (wikipedia.org)
- Stephanie is an executive level health care sales and operations expert with significant & broad ambulatory health care business experience with emphasis on multi-specialty physician groups and payers. (aapc.com)
- Dr. David Sugarbaker is now leading a team of specialists in Texas multi-specialty Lung Institute, the first comprehensive center of its kind. (mesothelioma.com)
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine have developed the first comprehensive, multi-specialty Lung Institute in the state of Texas, with a team of specialists led by world renowned lung disease expert and surgeon Dr. David Sugarbaker. (mesothelioma.com)
- The Lyda Hill Cancer Prevention Center provides cancer risk assessment, screening and diagnostic services. (mdanderson.org)
- MD Anderson Physicians Network® is a quality management and best practices organization that delivers cancer management services through the certified membership program. (mdanderson.org)
- MD Anderson Physicians Network improves cancer care through the assembly and delivery of quality oncology services to the broad community. (mdanderson.org)
- With services such as physicals, Spivey Station Physicians Center is a medical center that you can count on. (groupon.com)
- It also finalizes our proposals to pay separately for two newly defined physicians' services furnished using communication technology. (cms.gov)
- For a one-stop resource focused on new Care Management services under the Physician Fee Schedule, such as chronic care management and transitional care management services, visit the Care Management webpage. (cms.gov)
- Finding a mesothelioma doctor with experience treating the disease, as well as other support services to help throughout the cancer journey, can make navigating a mesothelioma diagnosis easier. (mesothelioma.com)
- But Dr. Scott Hedges, senior vice president for medical services at Seven Counties, said he felt certain that Xanax did not need to be among the options offered there. (nytimes.com)
- The Contraceptive Choice Center (C3) provides high quality family planning services for teens and women in the St. Louis area. (wustl.edu)
- Services provided at the Contraceptive Choice Center include birth control counseling and methods, well woman exams, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, emergency contraception and pregnancy testing. (wustl.edu)
- The Contraceptive Choice Center is committed to providing teens and women with the family planning services they need when they need it. (wustl.edu)
- Along with being a health care provider, the Contraceptive Choice Center regularly conducts research studies into the effects of birth control services and their impact on healthcare costs, hormonal implant usage & more. (wustl.edu)
- With our referral bases and supportive network of health care services, we complement growing physician practices and other health care businesses. (lexmed.com)
- Doctors Healthcare and Rehab Center is an assisted living facility in Dallas, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. (caring.com)
- Contact Doctors Healthcare and Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates. (caring.com)
- Prior to joining Caron in 2006, she was the program director of the Baltimore City Counseling Center, where she provided crisis intervention services for children and adolescents. (caron.org)
- Atlantic Spine Center is considered by many to be a leader in the advancement of endoscopic spine surgery. (spine-health.com)
- I must say truly that the Atlantic Spine Center really helped me with my pain and movements. (spine-health.com)
- I was referred to Atlantic Spine Center by three very helpful associates, Jorge, Kyle and Candy. (spine-health.com)
- The Institute taps into the resources of Baylor's internationally recognized genetics and genome sequencing programs and combines experts from more than a dozen pulmonary, surgery and related specialties at Baylor and Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. (mesothelioma.com)
- The researchers say that a lack of health care policies aimed at increasing primary care physician supply, compounded by market forces, have reduced the number of primary care physicians relative to higher-income specialties, such as cardiology and orthopedic surgery. (stanford.edu)
- This integrated health care system encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level 1 pediatric and adult trauma center and is home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation's leaders in medicine. (denverhealth.org)
- CPEP collaborates with the University of Colorado Schoolof Medicine and is led by faculty and other physician consultants who are board certified in their respective specialties. (wikipedia.org)
- The most important focus of the new cancer institute is the collaboration between doctors, nurses, therapists and researchers, according to chief operating officer Joan Pitcher. (pennlive.com)
- UPMC Altoona's Primary Stroke Center is home to an expert team of doctors, nurses, and staff. (upmc.com)
- The nurses in the OR called Dr. Chaudhry multiple times, but Dr. Chaudhry was not answering his phone," the lawsuit says. (sacbee.com)
- Moffitt is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network , a prestigious alliance of the country's leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of "America's Best Hospitals" for cancer. (moffitt.org)
- Assessment Testing Doctors are referred to CPEP for competency assessments from different organizations, including hospitals, medical groups and state medical boards. (wikipedia.org)
- A significant number of doctors in Israel, in detention facilities and public hospitals, know torture is taking place, but choose to avert their gaze. (globalresearch.ca)
- Joan Rivers first went to the Yorkville Endoscopy Center on August 28. (pbs.org)
- After completing her transitional internship at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, she returned to Boston University School of Medicine for her dermatology residency training. (umich.edu)
- Boston Medical Center (BMC) is a 514-bed academic medical center located in Boston's historic South End, providing medical care for infants, children, teens and adults. (bmc.org)
- Capt. Wood Griffith van Valkenburgh, 46, a staff physician in the department of medicine of the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesda, died of cancer Tuesday at his home in Potomac. (washingtonpost.com)
- He entered the Navy and served his internship at the Bethesda Naval Medical Center. (washingtonpost.com)
- The care at Boston Medical Center was excellent. (bmc.org)
- She also serves as faculty at the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago, and previously served as the director of the fertility preservation program. (dailyherald.com)
- She has been coming to Hershey Medical Center for seven years so is familiar with the routine. (pennlive.com)
- Civil rights attorney Pamela Y. Price announced today that her firm has been retained by the DMC Closure Aversion Committee (DCAC) to take legal action to stop the closure of DMC, Doctor's Medical Center. (sfbayview.com)
- The University of Rochester Medical Center 's Department of Otolaryngology welcomes three new faculty members to its staff. (rochester.edu)
- C3 is conveniently located at Washington University Medical Center at 4533 Clayton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110. (wustl.edu)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center is located in St. George, Utah, providing high-quality care to citizens in northwestern Arizona, southeastern Nevada, and southern Utah. (intermountainhealthcare.org)
- On Aug. 7, 2011, Riddle had chest pains and was taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia, where it was determined that he was suffering from an aortic dissection, a tear in the inner layer of the aorta. (sacbee.com)
- NeoTract, a wholly owned subsidiary of Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX) focused on addressing unmet needs in the field of urology, today announced that Robert Waguespack, M.D., Robert L. Waguespack, M.D. in Bakersfield, CA, has been designated as a UroLift® Center of Excellence. (prweb.com)
- Golden State Urology today announced that Dr. Prithipal Sethi has been designated as a UroLift® Center of Excellence. (prweb.com)
- Dr. Sethi started his Urology career in Stockton in 2004. (prweb.com)
- Find more information on our physician liaisions, Faculty Speakers Bureau, Physician Advisory Board and continuing medical education (CME) events. (mdanderson.org)
- Our physicians are faculty members at the University of Michigan Medical School. (umich.edu)
- Prior to joining the CDLC, Dr. Sachs was a faculty member at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. (umich.edu)
- In this 75-minute webinar, the speakers discussed the results from the 2020 AAMC/SullivanCotter Survey on Physician Faculty Compensation Methodologies. (aamc.org)
- As members of our faculty, these doctors will also contribute to our already nationally recognized education and research programs. (rochester.edu)
- At Loyola's Wellness Center, you will find medical, mental health, and health education professionals committed to your well-being. (luc.edu)
- You may be able to see your favorite community sports medicine specialist at Sindecuse Health Center. (wmich.edu)
- Dr. Belamarich's current research interest focuses on optimizing those elements of the well-child visit that offer the greatest health benefits to children. (montefiore.org)
- Horrific conditions at the detention centers are directly linked to the majority of the physical and mental health problems for which detainees require medical attention. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- According to Dr. Todd Rosengart, chair of surgery at Baylor, said, "We all are very excited to bring this new era of integrated health care delivery for the treatment of lung disease to the Houston metro area and to all of southeast Texas. (mesothelioma.com)
- The health and well-being of those afflicted with lung disease will significantly benefit from the wonderful care that will be provided by our Lung Institute team under the leadership of Dr. David Sugarbaker, a world class innovator in the treatment of lung cancer, mesothelioma and lung disease. (mesothelioma.com)
- Harmony Health Network is a clinically integrated network in which physicians work with Holy Name to improve quality and efficiency. (holyname.org)
- The findings highlight the potential impact of targeted investment in primary care residency training, with family medicine residency programs representing the highest return on investment for production of physicians working in primary care, health professional shortage areas and rural areas,' wrote the authors. (aafp.org)
- Family medicine residency programs represented the highest return on investment in terms of turning out primary care physicians who would likely work in health professional shortage areas or rural areas. (aafp.org)
- He noted that in addition to the PCRE program, the government also was experimenting with creating more teaching health centers and expanding those already in place. (aafp.org)
- Are John Muir Health Physician Network providers covered? (johnmuirhealth.com)
- Greater primary care physician supply was associated with improved population mortality, suggesting that observed decreases in PCP supply may have important consequences for population health," the study said. (stanford.edu)
- Dr. Deneke has been a co-investigator on several National Institute of Health grants, and. (caron.org)
- He became active in the community by lecturing and writing health articles for local newspapers and he also became the team physician for the Ely High School football team. (gravatar.com)
- Dr. David coached and sponsored a variety of local soccer and baseball teams and in 1994 he authored his second book entitled, 365 Good Health Hints which offers sensible tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. (gravatar.com)
- Dr. Oz reveals his top three health solutions that will save you money! (doctoroz.com)
- The Johns Hopkins Children's Center is committed to helping you achieve and maintain a standard of excellence in all that you do. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- In this role Dr Wright is responsible for maintaining science excellence and developing effective science strategy for the Department's significant, $100 million, portfolio of research. (edu.au)
- Pine Chiropractic Center is keeping in step with all the advances in chiropractic healthcare. (gravatar.com)
- The center's president and chief surgeon, Dr. Liu, is an internationally recognized orthopedic spine specialist, medical school professor, sought-after conference speaker, and advocate of the benefits of endoscopic spine surgery. (spine-health.com)
- Dr. Jeff Schouten is a former general surgeon who has been living with HIV for over 15 years. (thebody.com)
- Assisting him was heart surgeon Dr. Larry Cohler. (sacbee.com)
- Dr. Friedman's research interests lie in the long term outcomes for cancer survivors, as well as in the design of novel therapeutic protocols for childhood cancer, designed to decrease adverse long-term effects of therapy. (vicc.org)
- Prior to coming to Vanderbilt in 2008, she served as the co-director of the Cancer Survivorship Program at CHOP and then, as the founder and director of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Survivorship Program. (vicc.org)
- He is listed in Best Doctors in America and his research has been discussed in TIME magazine. (umich.edu)
- Dr Wright has contributed to government policy in a number of important areas including gene technology, medicinal cannabis, licit poppies, the use of research as a mechanism to address coal seam gas and agriculture land use conflict, and on delivering cross jurisdictional initiatives. (edu.au)
- Dr Wright holds a number of board or senior committee appointments including being the NSW representative on the Gene Technology Standing Committee and a member of the National Research and Innovation Committee. (edu.au)
- Prior to his senior science leadership roles Dr Wright undertook research on plant physiology of drought tolerance and on a range of plant nutrition and crop physiology issues. (edu.au)
- Joan B. Rose, Ph.D., is Homer Nowlin Chair in Water Research, Michigan State University, and is co-director of the Center for Advancing Microbial Risk Assessment (CAMRA) and director of the Center for Water Sciences (CWS). (mackinac.org)
- In an interview with AAFP News , Robert Graham Center Research Director Stephen Petterson, Ph.D., said the center's work first and foremost addressed the strong need for more primary care physicians. (aafp.org)
- New research shows us just how important primary care physicians are in prolonging our lives. (stanford.edu)
- She has also worked in research roles for Professor David Held, founder of Polity Press, for sociologist Professor Helmut Anheier, who founded and directed the LSE's Centre for Civil Society, and for the International Labour Organisation where she covered issues including human trafficking, child labour and women's rights. (qub.ac.uk)
- Dr Cao Xu's lab research focus is on small peptide signaling and plant cell-to-cell communications, Cis-regulatory evolution and crop domestication. (jic.ac.uk)
- Dr. Deneke is the senior director of research at Caron. (caron.org)
- Dr. Deneke obtained a Ph.D. in pastoral counseling from Loyola University, where she conducted research on spirituality as a potential sixth factor of personality in the five-factor personality structure. (caron.org)
- The primary care physician counts were obtained from the American Medical Association Physician Masterfile for the years 2005, 2010 and 2015, and population counts came from the U.S. Census Bureau. (stanford.edu)
- However, if your primary care physician is not available, another physician or staff member on the team will take care of you. (google.com)
- He leads a multidisciplinary team of physicians focused on finding a cure for women's cancer. (moffitt.org)
- Fertility Centers of Illinois is pleased to welcome Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron to their experienced and reputable physician team. (dailyherald.com)
- Dr. Angie Beltsos, co-managing partner and physician, on behalf of Fertility Centers of Illinois, is eager to welcome Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron to the team. (dailyherald.com)
- We are very happy to have her join the Fertility Centers of Illinois team. (dailyherald.com)
- When Dr. Scott Paquette learned of the devastating earthquake in Nepal, his thoughts turned to all the people he knows there, especially the team at the Spinal Injury Rehabilitation Centre (SIRC) near Kathmandu. (vch.ca)
- I went to Nepal in 2010 and again in 2013, and I've come to know the team and the very poor facilities they have to work in," says the spinal neurosurgeon at the VGH Blusson Spinal Cord Centre. (vch.ca)
- A vascular neurologist - a doctor who treats blood vessel diseases in the brain and spinal cord - leads the team. (upmc.com)
- Within the Adult Section of our Epilepsy Center we have an experienced and dedicated team of specialists who are committed to meeting the unique needs of adults with epilepsy. (clevelandclinic.org)
- Our orthopedic surgeons and team of top orthopedic doctors treat everything from hand and wrist injuries , to spinal and back problems , to knee and hip replacements , sport medicine injuries , and more. (maimonidesmed.org)
- This season, Dr. Oz and his all-star team of expert instructors will show you how to transform your fitness routine, master. (doctoroz.com)
- If you're thinking through endoscopic spine surgery, you want to discuss treatment plans with specially trained and highly experienced physicians that have a proven track record performing the procedure. (spine-health.com)
- Soon after your physician schedules your procedure, a member of our staff will contact you by telephone to ask you for your insurance information and discuss financial matters with you. (baptisthealth.net)
- The mission of MD Anderson Physicians Network is to transfer programs representative of MD Anderson's mission to the broad community. (mdanderson.org)
- In addition to completing a radiology residency and interventional radiology fellowship at SUNY Downstate, Dr. Gallo is also board certified in internal medicine. (holyname.org)
- The AAFP's Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care recently published a one-page policy brief that looked at the projected impact of the Primary Care Residency Expansion program (bhpr.hrsa.gov) (PCRE) on the number and distribution of new primary care physicians. (aafp.org)
- The AAFP's Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care recently looked at the projected impact of the Primary Care Residency Expansion Program on the nation's primary care workforce. (aafp.org)
- Researchers suggested that future graduate medical education funding should focus on residency programs with proven track records of producing primary care physicians willing to work in areas where they most are needed. (aafp.org)
- The authors concluded that future allocation of GME dollars should take into account which residency programs show they are able to produce primary care physicians dedicated to practicing in areas where they are most needed. (aafp.org)
- She is the E. Bronson Ingram Chair of Pediatric Oncology and the leader of the Cancer Control and Prevention Program and directs the Cancer Survivorship programs at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. (vicc.org)
- Flaherty, director of the Temeer Center, was named as the Richard Saltonstall Endowed Chair in Oncology. (massgeneral.org)
- Lancaster, a gynecologic oncologist and clinician scientist, is the deputy physician-in-chief and chair of the Department of Women's Oncology. (moffitt.org)
- This was organised in partnership with the Media Centre and the Chair of Didactics of Computer Sciences of the TU Dresden. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Dr. Gallo has a special interest in interventional oncology, uterine fibroid embolization, chronic venous insufficiency, and vertebral body compression fractures. (holyname.org)
- Dr Philip Wright is the Chief Scientist for the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI). (edu.au)
- Spine Nepal provides remote and on-site education, including the sponsoring of two Nepali physicians in training: Dr. Raju, a rehab resident, and Dr. Prakash, a neurosurgery resident. (vch.ca)
- The Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies in the MGH Cancer Center has three new endowed leadership positions. (massgeneral.org)
- Dr. Engelman, Dr. Flaherty and Dr. Sequist have made major contributions to the development of novel precision therapies in cancer, which is the driving force of the Termeer Center at the MGH," said Haber. (massgeneral.org)
- I am honored to receive this generous support from the Saltonstall Foundation and the Cancer Center," said Sequist. (massgeneral.org)
- In addition to top cancer centers that treat mesothelioma, veterans may find additional resources through veteran-specific facilities . (mesothelioma.com)
- Insurance coverage can vary based on the doctor and cancer center, especially if traveling means treatment is now out-of-network. (mesothelioma.com)
- Primary care physicians serve as the primary point of contact for most of the population and often perform preventive care, cancer screening and early diagnosis," said Sanjay Basu , MD, PhD, assistant professor of medicine at Stanford. (stanford.edu)
- The recruitment of Drs. Miller and van der Sloot establishes URMC and the Wilmot Cancer Center as the area leader in oral, laryngeal, thyroid and other head and neck cancers, as well as in complex reconstructive problems of the head and neck. (rochester.edu)
- Could he get any dreamier?Each year Patrick Dempsey hosts the Patrick Dempsey 5K Challenge, which raises money for the cancer center. (treehugger.com)
- All of the money raised goes to the cancer center. (treehugger.com)
- She completed an internship at the Chrysalis House, an inpatient substance use treatment center for women. (caron.org)
- The designation recognizes that Dr. Waguespack has achieved a high level of training and experience with the UroLift® System and demonstrated a commitment to exemplary care for men suffering from symptoms associated with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), also known as enlarged prostate. (prweb.com)
- The UroLift System is a safe and effective treatment that allows physicians to treat men in-office under local anesthesia, so they can experience lasting symptom relief within days after receiving treatment. (prweb.com)
- Your CDLC physicians are board-certified dermatologists and members of the American Academy of Dermatology. (umich.edu)
- Dr. Raynelda Hidalgo is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and has been a physician at the Loyola Wellness Center since 1996. (luc.edu)
- Our sports medicine doctors are board-certified sports medicine specialists and also provide sports physicals for youth in the community. (wmich.edu)
- Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron is a board certified physician who serves as a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Endocrine Society, and Society of Gynecologic Investigation. (dailyherald.com)
- This testing is overseen by a board-certified physician who acts as an associate medical director (AMD). (wikipedia.org)
- Once you know the type of headache you have, you and your doctor can find the treatment that's most likely to help and even try to prevent them. (webmd.com)
- Some treatment options, like certain surgical techniques, may only be available through larger comprehensive care centers. (mesothelioma.com)
- Veteran treatment centers are also located across the United States, offering specialized care to those that have served and are now facing a mesothelioma diagnosis. (mesothelioma.com)
- For many medical problems, there is more than one solution and often wide variations among physicians as to which tool or treatment they use. (stanford.edu)
- Always seek the advice of a qualified physician for medical diagnosis and treatment. (medindia.net)
- A physician will typically start with conservative treatment options, such as physical therapy or pain injections, before recommending orthopedic surgery. (maimonidesmed.org)
- Until 1999, when Israel's Supreme Court restricted torture, Israeli doctors routinely supervised the medical treatment of abused detainees, mostly Palestinians from the occupied territories. (globalresearch.ca)
- According to the report, the doctors violated the Tokyo Declaration, the key code of medical ethics adopted by the WMA in 1975 that bans the use of cruel, humiliating or inhuman treatment by physicians. (globalresearch.ca)
- In one case, a prison doctor, under pressure from interrogators, agreed to retract a written recommendation that a detainee be immediately hospitalised for treatment. (globalresearch.ca)
- We have sent to the IMA many testimonies from victims of torture who were referred to doctors for treatment," Dr Menuchin said. (globalresearch.ca)
- Physicians take part in CPEP programs for medical ethics education and training, to address performance evaluation issues and concerns, and to help them reinstate their medical licenses. (wikipedia.org)
- CPEP is one of five programs nationwide that have been accepted as members of the Coalition for Physician Enhancement, the primary U.S. organization representing programs that provide physician assessment and education. (wikipedia.org)
- This AMD then compiles a final report, and the physician receives recommendations for education based on their needs. (wikipedia.org)
- Physicians can receive up to eight continuing medical education credits and up to two Experience Rating System points for taking the class. (wikipedia.org)
- Dr. David pursued his higher education at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree. (gravatar.com)
- I am a Sessional Lecturer and Senior Researcher in Cultural Heritage Imaging with the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities ' Advanced Imaging Consultants (UCLAiC). (ucl.ac.uk)
- Our doctors specialize in both non-operative and surgical evaluation and care of conditions including joint and muscle pain, sprains and strains, fracture care and overuse or repetitive injuries. (wmich.edu)
- From reception and scheduling, to the highly skilled delivery of sophisticated procedures, I receive individualized attention and feel a genuine sense of caring from my doctor and the staff. (umich.edu)
- Dr. Edward Chang is a neurosurgeon with expertise in treating intractable epilepsy , facial pain, movement disorders and brain tumors in adults. (ucsfhealth.org)
- Tagheer ,' the website of reformist cleric Mehdi Karrubi's Etemad Melli party, reported over the weekend that a physician resident at the Kahrizak detention center has committed suicide. (rferl.org)
- Tagheer' said that 26-year-old Purazdjani committed suicide following the revelation of events at the detention center that is being described by the opposition as 'Iran's Guantanamo. (rferl.org)
- The spokesman of the Supreme National Security Council committee in charge of investigating the postelection events, Parviz Soruri, was quoted in October as saying that most of the suspects arrested for the abuses at the Kahrizak detention center have been released on bail. (rferl.org)
- A guard is closing the door of a cell in Abu Salim detention center, in Tripoli, Libya. (doctorswithoutborders.org)