Broad- spectrum beta-lactam antibiotic similar in structure to the CEPHALOSPORINS except for the substitution of an oxaazabicyclo moiety for the thiaazabicyclo moiety of certain CEPHALOSPORINS. It has been proposed especially for the meningitides because it passes the blood-brain barrier and for anaerobic infections.
Microbial Sensitivity Tests
Four-membered cyclic AMIDES, best known for the PENICILLINS based on a bicyclo-thiazolidine, as well as the CEPHALOSPORINS based on a bicyclo-thiazine, and including monocyclic MONOBACTAMS. The BETA-LACTAMASES hydrolyze the beta lactam ring, accounting for BETA-LACTAM RESISTANCE of infective bacteria.
A semisynthetic cephalosporin antibiotic which can be administered intravenously or by suppository. The drug is highly resistant to a broad spectrum of beta-lactamases and is active against a wide range of both aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. It has few side effects and is reported to be safe and effective in aged patients and in patients with hematologic disorders.
A family of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria that do not form endospores. Its organisms are distributed worldwide with some being saprophytes and others being plant and animal parasites. Many species are of considerable economic importance due to their pathogenic effects on agriculture and livestock.
A group of antibiotics that contain 6-aminopenicillanic acid with a side chain attached to the 6-amino group. The penicillin nucleus is the chief structural requirement for biological activity. The side-chain structure determines many of the antibacterial and pharmacological characteristics. (Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed, p1065)
Drug Resistance, Microbial
A cephalosporin antibiotic that is administered intravenously or intramuscularly. It is active against most common gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, is a potent inhibitor of Enterobacteriaceae, and is highly resistant to hydrolysis by beta-lactamases. The drug has a high rate of efficacy in many types of infection and to date no severe side effects have been noted.
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
Semisynthetic thienamycin that has a wide spectrum of antibacterial activity against gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, including many multiresistant strains. It is stable to beta-lactamases. Clinical studies have demonstrated high efficacy in the treatment of infections of various body systems. Its effectiveness is enhanced when it is administered in combination with CILASTATIN, a renal dipeptidase inhibitor.
Beta-lactam antibiotics that differ from PENICILLINS in having the thiazolidine sulfur atom replaced by carbon, the sulfur then becoming the first atom in the side chain. They are unstable chemically, but have a very broad antibacterial spectrum. Thienamycin and its more stable derivatives are proposed for use in combinations with enzyme inhibitors.
Bacterial proteins that share the property of binding irreversibly to PENICILLINS and other ANTIBACTERIAL AGENTS derived from LACTAMS. The penicillin-binding proteins are primarily enzymes involved in CELL WALL biosynthesis including MURAMOYLPENTAPEPTIDE CARBOXYPEPTIDASE; PEPTIDE SYNTHASES; TRANSPEPTIDASES; and HEXOSYLTRANSFERASES.
Clavulanic acid and its salts and esters. The acid is a suicide inhibitor of bacterial beta-lactamase enzymes from Streptomyces clavuligerus. Administered alone, it has only weak antibacterial activity against most organisms, but given in combination with other beta-lactam antibiotics it prevents antibiotic inactivation by microbial lactamase.
Drug Resistance, Bacterial
Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord, which consist of the PIA MATER; ARACHNOID; and DURA MATER. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage (HEMORRHAGES, SUBARACHNOID), chemical irritation (chemical MENINGITIS), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (CARCINOMATOUS MENINGITIS), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1994, Ch24, p6)
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
One of the principal schools of medical philosophy in ancient Greece and Rome. It developed in Alexandria between 270 and 220 B.C., the only one to have any success in reviving the essentials of the Hippocratic concept. The Empiricists declared that the search for ultimate causes of phenomena was vain, but they were active in endeavoring to discover immediate causes. The "tripod of the Empirics" was their own chance observations (experience), learning obtained from contemporaries and predecessors (experience of others), and, in the case of new diseases, the formation of conclusions from other diseases which they resembled (analogy). Empiricism enjoyed sporadic continuing popularity in later centuries up to the nineteenth. (From Castiglioni, A History of Medicine, 2d ed, p186; Dr. James H. Cassedy, NLM History of Medicine Division)
Serum Bactericidal Test
Method of measuring the bactericidal activity contained in a patient's serum as a result of antimicrobial therapy. It is used to monitor the therapy in BACTERIAL ENDOCARDITIS; OSTEOMYELITIS and other serious bacterial infections. As commonly performed, the test is a variation of the broth dilution test. This test needs to be distinguished from testing of the naturally occurring BLOOD BACTERICIDAL ACTIVITY.
Acids, salts, and derivatives of clavulanic acid (C8H9O5N). They consist of those beta-lactam compounds that differ from penicillin in having the sulfur of the thiazolidine ring replaced by an oxygen. They have limited antibacterial action, but block bacterial beta-lactamase irreversibly, so that similar antibiotics are not broken down by the bacterial enzymes and therefore can exert their antibacterial effects.
A genus of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria whose organisms arrange singly, in pairs, or short chains. This genus is commonly found in the intestinal tract and is an opportunistic pathogen that can give rise to bacteremia, pneumonia, urinary tract and several other types of human infection.
An acute purulent infection of the meninges and subarachnoid space caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, most prevalent in children and adults over the age of 60. This illness may be associated with OTITIS MEDIA; MASTOIDITIS; SINUSITIS; RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTIONS; sickle cell disease (ANEMIA, SICKLE CELL); skull fractures; and other disorders. Clinical manifestations include FEVER; HEADACHE; neck stiffness; and somnolence followed by SEIZURES; focal neurologic deficits (notably DEAFNESS); and COMA. (From Miller et al., Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p111)
Drug Resistance, Multiple, Bacterial
A penicillin derivative commonly used in the form of its sodium or potassium salts in the treatment of a variety of infections. It is effective against most gram-positive bacteria and against gram-negative cocci. It has also been used as an experimental convulsant because of its actions on GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID mediated synaptic transmission.
Interpretation of middle ear fluid concentrations of antibiotics: comparison between ceftibuten, cefixime and azithromycin. (1/764)AIMS: The aim of this study was to determine the potential influence of variables such as the cell content in the fluid, and serum levels, on the concentrations of ceftibuten, cefixime and azithromycin in the middle ear fluid of patients suffering from acute otitis media. METHODS: This randomized, open study compared the penetration of ceftibuten (9 mg kg(-1) 18 patients), cefixime (8 mg kg(-1), 16 patients) and azithromycin (10 mg kg(-1) 16 patients) into the intracellular and extracellular compartments of middle ear fluid of 50 paediatric patients (aged 8-14 years) with acute otitis media. Middle ear fluid was extracted by tympanocentesis 4, 12 and 24 h after dosing and divided into two fractions: with cells (as collected) (C+) and cell-free (C-). Antibiotics were assayed in C+ and C- samples by h.p.l.c. RESULTS: Ceftibuten achieved greater penetration into middle ear fluid than cefixime and azithromycin. Higher concentrations of ceftibuten (CTB) and cefixime (CFX) were found in the C- fraction (CTB: 4h 13.3+/-1.86; 12h 4.7+/-1.18; 24h 0.5+/-0.2. CFX: 4h 3.2+/-1.4; 12h 1.5+/-0.5; 24h>(0.1 mgl(-1)) than in the C+ fraction (CTB:4 h 8.4+/-4.3; 12 h 2.88+/-1.19; 24 h 0.3+/-0.27. CFX: 4 h 1.2+/-0.6; 12 h 0.8+/-0.2; 24 h>0.1 mg l(-1)) at the each time point, while the opposite was true for azithromycin (C-: 4 h 0.11+/-0.04; 12 h 0.12+/-0.08; 24 h 0.23+/-0.12. C+: 4 h 0.38+/-0.24; 12 h 0.9+/-0.03; 24 h 1.05+/-0.3 mg l(-1)). CONCLUSIONS: This study demonstrates that the penetration of antibiotics into the middle ear fluid is influenced by its serum concentrations as well as by the cell content in the fluid. Ceftibuten achieved higher middle ear fluid concentrations than cefixime in C+ and C- fractions at all time points. Both ceftibuten and cefixime concentrations are negatively influenced by the cell content in the fluid. In contrast the concentration of azithromycin to the middle ear fluid is positively influenced by the cell content in the fluid. (+info)
Glycosyltransferase domain of penicillin-binding protein 2a from Streptococcus pneumoniae is membrane associated. (2/764)Penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) are bacterial cytoplasmic membrane proteins that catalyze the final steps of the peptidoglycan synthesis. Resistance to beta-lactams in Streptococcus pneumoniae is caused by low-affinity PBPs. S. pneumoniae PBP 2a belongs to the class A high-molecular-mass PBPs having both glycosyltransferase (GT) and transpeptide (TP) activities. Structural and functional studies of both domains are required to unravel the mechanisms of resistance, a prerequisite for the development of novel antibiotics. The extracellular region of S. pneumoniae PBP 2a has been expressed (PBP 2a*) in Escherichia coli as a glutathione S-transferase fusion protein. The acylation kinetic parameters of PBP 2a* for beta-lactams were determined by stopped-flow fluorometry. The acylation efficiency toward benzylpenicillin was much lower than that toward cefotaxime, a result suggesting that PBP 2a participates in resistance to cefotaxime and other beta-lactams, but not in resistance to benzylpenicillin. The TP domain was purified following limited proteolysis. PBP 2a* required detergents for solubility and interacted with lipid vesicles, while the TP domain was water soluble. We propose that PBP 2a* interacts with the cytoplasmic membrane in a region distinct from its transmembrane anchor region, which is located between Lys 78 and Ser 156 of the GT domain. (+info)
Single-dose oral ciprofloxacin compared with cefotaxime and placebo for prophylaxis during transurethral surgery. (3/764)To determine the efficacy and safety of single-dose oral ciprofloxacin prophylaxis for the prevention of post-operative bacteriuria following transurethral resection of the prostate or bladder tumour, a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted. Five hundred and eighteen patients were randomized in a 2:2:1 ratio to receive ciprofloxacin 500 mg, cefotaxime 1 g or placebo 30-90 min before surgery. Of the 368 efficacy-evaluable patients, five (3.3%) ciprofloxacin, seven (4.8%) cefotaxime and five (7.0%) placebo recipients had post-operative bacteriuria (> or = 10(4) cfu/mL) during post-operative days 2-15. Five (3.4%) ciprofloxacin, five (3.4%) cefotaxime and one (2.4%) placebo recipients were considered clinical failures, of whom one, two and one patients, respectively, had concomitant bacteriuria. Drug-related adverse events were reported in six of 204 (3%) ciprofloxacin, 12 of 197 (6%) cefotaxime and one of 101 (1%) placebo patients. The observed rates of post-operative bacteriuria suggest that a single 500 mg dose of ciprofloxacin is suitable prophylaxis for transurethral surgery. (+info)
Dissemination of a chloramphenicol- and tetracycline-resistant but penicillin-susceptible invasive clone of serotype 5 Streptococcus pneumoniae in Colombia. (4/764)A national surveillance conducted in Colombia between 1994 and 1996 identified serotype 5 Streptococcus pneumoniae as the second most frequent cause of invasive disease in children younger than 5 years of age. All 43 serotype 5 isolates collected during this period were shown to be susceptible to penicillin, erythromycin, cefotaxime, and vancomycin, but most (38 of 43, or 88%) were highly resistant to chloramphenicol. In order to clarify a possible genetic relatedness among these isolates, additional microbiological and molecular characterizations were performed. Most (40 of 43, or 93%) of the isolates were found to be resistant to tetracycline. Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) patterns of chromosomal DNAs revealed that all the 43 isolates were closely related and that 38 of the 43 isolates were representatives of a "Colombian clone" of S. pneumoniae isolates which were recovered throughout the 3-year surveillance period from patients in 13 hospitals located in five Colombian cities. Isolates belonging to this Colombian clone were resistant to chloramphenicol and tetracycline, hybridized with the cat and tetM DNA probes in the same 340-kb SmaI fragment, and had identical PFGE patterns after both SmaI and ApaI digestions. (+info)
In-vitro activity of 29 antimicrobial agents against penicillin-resistant and -intermediate isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae. (5/764)Antibiotic resistance among isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae is increasing worldwide. Optimal therapy, though unknown, should be guided by in-vitro susceptibility testing. Currently, vancomycin is the only approved antibiotic that is universally active against multiresistant S. pneumoniae. In-vitro activities were determined for 29 antimicrobial agents against 22 penicillin-intermediate S. pneumoniae (PISP) and 16 penicillin-resistant S. pneumoniae (PRSP) isolates. MICs were determined in cation-adjusted Mueller-Hinton broth with 3% lysed horse blood in microtitre trays. Antimicrobial classes tested included cephalosporins, penicillin, aminopenicillins, macrolides, quinolones, carbapenems and other antimicrobial agents. Among the classes of antimicrobial agents tested, wide differences in susceptibility were demonstrated for both PISP and PRSP. Of the cephalosporins, ceftriaxone and cefotaxime demonstrated the best in-vitro activity for both PISP and PRSP. Of the quinolones, clinafloxacin and trovafloxacin showed the greatest in-vitro activity. Rifampicin and teicoplanin demonstrated excellent in-vitro activity. Promising in-vitro results of newer agents, such as quinupristin/dalfopristin, ramoplanin, teicoplanin and linezolid may justify further evaluation of these agents in clinical trials. (+info)
Serum bactericidal activity of levofloxacin against Streptococcus pneumoniae. (6/764)The objective of this study was to determine the serum bactericidal activity (SBA) of levofloxacin against Streptococcus pneumoniae strains with various degrees of susceptibility to penicillin and cefotaxime. Serum samples of volunteers (n = 12) who had received levofloxacin 500 mg as a single po dose were provided in blinded fashion. SBA was determined, using the microdilution method, in Todd-Hewitt broth supplemented with lysed horse blood inoculated with an overnight culture diluted to yield a final concentration of approximately 10(5) cfu/mL. The serum bactericidal titre was defined as the highest dilution of serum showing no growth (> 99.9% reduction of inoculum). The duration of SBA ranged from 0.75 to 6.3 h (mean 3.85 h), and was independent of the susceptibility of the strains to penicillin and cefotaxime. In conclusion, a single po dose of 500 mg levofloxacin achieved serum concentrations which were bactericidal against penicillin-resistant S. pneumoniae for a mean period of 3.85 h. (+info)
Effect of intravenous albumin on renal impairment and mortality in patients with cirrhosis and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. (7/764)BACKGROUND: In patients with cirrhosis and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, renal function frequently becomes impaired. This impairment is probably related to a reduction in effective arterial blood volume and is associated with a high mortality rate. We conducted a study to determine whether plasma volume expansion with intravenous albumin prevents renal impairment and reduces mortality in these patients. METHODS: We randomly assigned 126 patients with cirrhosis and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis to treatment with intravenous cefotaxime (63 patients) or cefotaxime and intravenous albumin (63 patients). Cefotaxime was given daily in dosages that varied according to the serum creatinine level, and albumin was given at a dose of 1.5 g per kilogram of body weight at the time of diagnosis, followed by 1 g per kilogram on day 3. Renal impairment was defined as nonreversible deterioration of renal function during hospitalization. RESULTS: The infection resolved in 59 patients in the cefotaxime group (94 percent) and 62 in the cefotaxime-plus-albumin group (98 percent) (P=0.36). Renal impairment developed in 21 patients in the cefotaxime group (33 percent) and 6 in the cefotaxime-plus-albumin group (10 percent) (P=0.002). Eighteen patients (29 percent) in the cefotaxime group died in the hospital, as compared with 6 (10 percent) in the cefotaxime-plus-albumin group (P=0.01); at three months, the mortality rates were 41 percent (a total of 26 deaths) and 22 percent (a total of 14 deaths), respectively (P=0.03). Patients treated with cefotaxime had higher levels of plasma renin activity than those treated with cefotaxime and albumin; patients with renal impairment had the highest values. CONCLUSIONS: In patients with cirrhosis and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, treatment with intravenous albumin in addition to an antibiotic reduces the incidence of renal impairment and death in comparison with treatment with an antibiotic alone. (+info)
Reduction in the incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and ceftazidime-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae following changes in a hospital antibiotic formulary. (8/764)In 1995, changes in our hospital formulary were made to limit an outbreak of vancomycin-resistant enterococci and resulted in decreased usage of cephalosporins, imipenem, clindamycin, and vancomycin and increased usage of beta-lactam/beta-lactamase-inhibitor antibiotics. In this report, the effect of this formulary change on other resistant pathogens is described. Following the formulary change, there was a reduction in the monthly number (mean +/- SD) of patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (from 21.9 +/- 8.1 to 17.2 +/- 7.2 patients/1,000 discharges; P = .03) and ceftazidime-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (from 8.6 +/- 4.3 to 5.7 +/- 4.0 patients/1,000 discharges; P = .02). However, there was an increase in the number of patients with cultures positive for cefotaxime-resistant Acinetobacter species (from 2.4 +/- 2.2 to 5.4 +/- 4.0 patients/1,000 discharges; P = .02). Altering an antibiotic formulary may be a possible mechanism to contain the spread of selected resistant pathogens. However, close surveillance is needed to detect the emergence of other resistant pathogens. (+info)
High-pressure liquid chromatographic assay of cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime in human myometrium<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - High-pressure liquid chromatographic assay of cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime in human myometrium. AU - Bawdon, R. E.. AU - Novick, W. J.. AU - Hemsell, D. L.. AU - Welch, W. D.. PY - 1984. Y1 - 1984. N2 - An analytic high-pressure liquid chromatographic (HPLC) procedure for the assay of desacetylcefotaxime and cefotaxime in gynecologic tissue was developed. Normal individuals undergoing elective hysterectomy were subjects in this study. Blood and myometrium were removed up to four hours after a l-g intramuscular dose of cefotaxime. Since cefotaxime is unstable in homogenized tissue at room temperature, the specimens must be maintained at 4 degree C during homogenization and extraction. Mean serum desacetylcefotaxime and cefotaxime levels were 3. 2 plus or minus 2. 0 mu g/ml and 6. 8 plus or minus 4. 4 mu g/ml, respectively. The mean myometrium concentrations of desacetylcefotaxime and cefotaxime were 8. 4 plus or minus 10. 0 mu g/g and 6. 3 plus or minus 8. 9 mu g/g, ...
Evaluation of Cefotaxime and Desacetylcefotaxime Concentrations in Cord Blood after Intrapartum Prophylaxis with Cefotaxime |...
The results of the present study indicate that during preterm delivery following PPROM, a standard intrapartum prophylaxis with a cefotaxime dose of 2 g followed by a dose of 1 g every 4 h achieved cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime concentrations in cord blood greater than the cefotaxime MIC90 and the desacetylcefotaxime MIC90 for E. coli and other members of the family Enterobacteriaceae.. The placental transfer of cefotaxime has previously been measured in late pregnancy during delivery by cesarean section (7). That study demonstrated that the level of cefotaxime remained comparatively high in the cord blood 6 h after the administration of 1 g of cefotaxime to the mother. Because the gestational age at the time of delivery is lower after PPROM, the placental transfer of the drug after PPROM could be different from that at term delivery. Our results give information about the placental transfer of cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime during preterm delivery following PPROM and show that PPROM ...
Buy Biotax (Cefotaxime) Without Prescription
Buy Biotax (Cefotaxime) Without Prescription, Buy Biotax (Cefotaxime), Buy Biotax (Cefotaxime) no Prescription, Order Biotax (Cefotaxime) Cheapest, Biotax (Cefotaxime), Purchase Biotax (Cefotaxime) no Prescription, Order Biotax (Cefotaxime) no Prescription, Cheap Biotax (Cefotaxime)
SHV-7, a novel cefotaxime-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase, identified in Escherichia coli isolates from hospitalized nursing home...
Four ceftazidime-resistant Escherichia coli strains were isolated from elderly nursing home patients in a New York hospital during 1993. Strains MCQ-2, MCQ-3, and MCQ-4 were determined to be identical by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and plasmid profiles, whereas strain MCQ-1 was unique. Strain MCQ-1 was determined to produce a TEM-10 beta-lactamase. Strains MCQ-2, MCQ-3, and MCQ-4 were also noted to be resistant to cefotaxime. These three strains produced two beta-lactamases with pIs of 5.4 (TEM-1) and 7.6. beta-Lactamase assays revealed that the pI 7.6 enzyme hydrolyzed cefotaxime faster (at a relative hydrolysis rate of 30% compared with that of benzylpenicillin) than either ceftazidime or aztreonam (relative hydrolysis rates of 13 and 3.3%, respectively). Nucleotide sequencing of the gene encoding the pI 7.6 beta-lactamase from strain MCQ-3 revealed a blaSHV-type gene differing from the gene encoding SHV-1 at four nucleotides which resulted in amino acid substitutions: phenylalanine for ...
Continuous administration of cefotaxime at exacerbation of COPD | Thorax
This randomised prospective non-blinded study compared the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, antibiotic resistance and clinical efficacy of continuous vs intermittent administration of cefotaxime in 93 patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) requiring hospitalisation for moderate to severe community acquired exacerbations (GOLD stages 2-4). Forty-seven patients received 2 g of cefotaxime as a continuous infusion over 24 h plus a loading dose of 1 g, while 46 patients received the drug intermittently (1 g three times daily). The mean duration of treatment was 10 days.. The most commonly isolated pathogens were Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Moraxella catarrhalis. Clinical cure was achieved in 37/40 (93%) with continuous infusion and 40/43 (93%) with intermittent administration (p = 0.93). No patients in the continuous group had antibiotic concentrations lower than minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) compared with 40% in the intermittent group. Samples ...
What is Cefodizime Sodium? | Pharmaceutical
Cefodizime Sodium is the sodium alkali anatomy of cefodizime, a third-generation, aminothiazolyl cephalosporin for parenteral use. Cefodizime has broad-spectrum activity and is abiding to a lot of beta-lactamases. Cefodizime Sodium for bang is Whitish or anemic bare apparent powder. Cefodizime sodium is a broad-spectrum, third bearing cephalosporin. It is awful aggressive to a ample spectrum…
desacetyl vinblastine amide sulfate Coupon - Get Instant desacetyl vinblastine amide sulfate Savings
Get a FREE desacetyl vinblastine amide sulfate coupon and drug savings card and save up to 80% or more on desacetyl vinblastine amide sulfate. Use your desacetyl vinblastine amide sulfate coupon at over 60,000 USA pharmacies.
Cefotaxime Sodium For Injection 1gm Manufacturer, Supplier, Exporter from India at Best Price
Cefotaxime Sodium For Injection 1gm Manufacturer, Supplier, Exporter from India at Best Price SOINS IMPEX - Cefotaxime Sodium For Injection 1gm exporter from India. We are Indias super quality Cefotaxime Sodium For Injection 1gm Manufacturer, supplier and trader in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India at best and latest price.
Cefotaxime - Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Overdose, Pregnancy, Alcohol | RxWiki
Cefotaxime - Get up-to-date information on Cefotaxime side effects, uses, dosage, overdose, pregnancy, alcohol and more. Learn more about Cefotaxime
cefotaxime sodium sterile USP34, View CEFOTAXIME SODIUM STERILE, NOVACHEM Product Details from Novachem (Wuhan) Import & Export...
cefotaxime sodium sterile USP34,, 64485-93-4, Cefotaxime sodium, C16H16N5NaO7S2.Source from Novachem (Wuhan) Import & Export Company Ltd. on Alibaba.com.
Effect of cefodizime on the function of polymorpho nuclear leukocytes in patients with chronic renal failure and chronic...
Effect of cefodizime on the function of polymorpho nuclear leukocytes in patients with chronic renal failure and chronic hepatitis B ...
RePub, Erasmus University Repository: Perioperative pharmacokinetics of cefotaxime in serum and bile during continuous and...
Background: Drug pharmacokinetics may be altered during liver transplantation. Cefotaxime (CTX), used as perioperative prophylaxis, demonstrates time-dependent killing and therefore continuous infusion might have pharmacodynamic advantages. Objectives: To determine the pharmacokinetics of CTX and desacetylcefotaxime (DCTX) in serum, bile and urine during continuous and intermittent infusion when performing liver transplantation. Methods: Fifteen patients undergoing liver transplantation were studied after continuous infusion (CI) (4000 mg iv per 24 h following a loading dose of 1000 mg) and intermittent bolus infusion (BI) (1000 mg iv four times daily). Samples were collected during the first 48 h after liver transplantation. Concentrations of CTX and DCTX were determined by HPLC. Results: During surgery, the mean concentration in serum after CI was 18 mg/L. The lowest serum concentration was 5 mg/L in the CI group and levels were undetectable in the BI group. Target serum concentrations of ≥4 ...
M. Edelstein1, M. Pimkin, I. Edelstein, T. Dmitrachenko, V. Semenov, L. Stratchounski - Clonal Spread of Cefotaxime-Resistant ...
Clonal Spread of Cefotaxime-Resistant (CTX-R) Salmonella typhimurium in Belarus: Epidemiology and Molecular Analysis of Resistance Mechanisms
Role of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in the design of dosage schedules for 12-h cefotaxime alone and in combination...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Role of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in the design of dosage schedules for 12-h cefotaxime alone and in combination with other antibiotics. AU - Nix, David E.. AU - Schentag, Jerome J.. PY - 1995/1/1. Y1 - 1995/1/1. N2 - Pharmacodynamic principles have provided important tools to evaluate and compare antimicrobial agents, and well as to guide dosing. For β-lactams, time above the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) has surfaced as the most important factor. However, the area under the inhibitory serum concentration time-curve (AUIC) may be superior when appropriate dosing intervals are selected. Although the target time over the MIC is unclear in humans even when concentrations remain continuously above the MIC, a higher AUIC predicts better clinical outcome up to a maximum. This article provides a pharmacodynamic assessment of 1- and 2-g doses of cefotaxime every 12 h. AUIC24 values and published MIC values for common pathogens (grouped into four groups based on ...
Antibiotic Drugs - 500 mg Cefotaxime Injection Manufacturer from Ahmedabad
Manufacturer of Antibiotic Drugs - 500 mg Cefotaxime Injection, 500 mg Cloxacillin Sodium Injection, 500 mg Ceftriaxone And 250 mg Sulbactam Injection and 500 mg Cefotaxime And 250 mg Sulbactam Injection offered by Zymeth Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Cefotaxime Antibiotic Information
By preventing bacteria from making cell walls, cefotaxime can treat or prevent certain bacterial infections. This eMedTV resource contains information on cefotaxime, including how this antibiotic works, potential side effects, and safety precautions.
Cefotaxime Sodium for Injection - LiJian
4. In patients with severe renal dysfunction, dosage of cefotaxime should be decreased accordingly. In patients with serum creatinine clearance greater than 424μmol/L (4.8mg) or renal corpuscle filtration less than 20ml/minute, half the maintenance dose of cefotaxime is recommended. If serum creatinine clearance greater than 751μmol/L (8.5mg), 1/4 of the maintenance dose of the drug is recommended. In patients undergoing hemodialysis, ...
Cefotaxime Sodium CAS 64485-93-4 - Products - A.H.A International Co., Ltd.
Buy Cefotaxime Sodium CAS 64485-93-4, an API of Antibiotics, from A.H.A International, China leading supplier, factory & manufacturer, a Group company integrating production, R&D and sales. If you want to buy Cefotaxime Sodium CAS 64485-93-4 from China,
What Is Cefotaxime Used For?
Cefotaxime is approved for adults and children who have infections caused by certain types of bacteria. This eMedTV page focuses on specific uses for cefotaxime. It also explores some of the reasons a doctor may prescribe the drug for unapproved purposes.
Cefotaxime Sodium(Sterile) (CAS 63527-52-6) Market Research Report 2017
The report generally describes cefotaxime sodium(sterile), examines its uses, production methods, patents. Cefotaxime Sodium(Sterile) market situation
Search for CEFOTAXIME SODIUM Within Specific Sites
Use Google powered SiteComber to search within various sites for CEFOTAXIME SODIUM. Links to searches for CEFOTAXIME SODIUM can be found here.
share via email
Antimicrobial resistance is an increasing problem in Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG) treatment. Presently, third-generation parenteral cephalosporins, like ceftriaxone and cefotaxime, are the first option. Resistance to oral, but not to parenteral, third-generation cephalosporins has been reported previously. We analysed the microbial susceptibility (as minimum inhibitory concentration - MIC) of NG cultures obtained from high-risk visitors of the largest Dutch outpatient clinic for sexually transmitted infections (STI) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Among 1,596 visitors, we identified 102 patients with at least one NG isolate with reduced susceptibility to cefotaxime (0.125 μg/ml < MIC ≤ 0.5 μg/ml). The percentage of NG isolates with reduced susceptibility to cefotaxime rose from 4.8% in 2006 to 12.1% in 2008 (chi2 17.5, p<0.001). With multivariate logistic regression, being a man who has sex with men (MSM) was significantly associated with reduced susceptibility to cefotaxime (p<0.001).
Molecular Expressions: The Pharmaceutical Collection - Cefotaxime (Claforan)
Cefotaxime is a member of the cephalosporin antibiotic class of drugs that has a rather wide spectrum of activity and is useful as a pre-surgery antibiotic.
What is this medicine? CEFOTAXIME (sef oh TAKS eem) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is used to treat certain kinds of bacterial infections.
Cefotaxime, Sodium Salt - CAS 64485-93-4 - Calbiochem CAS 64485-93-4 | 219380
Cefotaxime, Sodium Salt - CAS 64485-93-4 - Calbiochem CAS 64485-93-4 Potent β-lactamase-resistant antibiotic of cephalosporin class. Active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms, including Gram-negative anaerobes. Inhibits cell wall synthesis. - Find MSDS or SDS, a COA, data sheets and more information.
order Cefotaxime Ohne Rezept, Cefotaxime and ampicillin meningitis - KASCO
Modafinil is known by self-diagnosing your bill online. India: retail sales. In the fda medwatch 3500 form by email, new products are best sites posted january 23 greece for years, tecnici e biologici. We will review please check that approximately two hospital and provides the actionable intelligence you again shortly but doctors believe digital will do you just have want to our online may purchase the besides dzhenagra illegal sources and united states and online pharmacy store is not shy about the debates? By some people, looking to the report for m3 virus. Appropriate use medicaid and fastest way to a low level you in hand in 1996 with nutritionists and medications you stories that are allowed to get quality manufacturing sites posted january 23 49 minutes. Commonwealth veterinary clinic2356 jefferson highwaywaynesboro, inova is also provide basic question. In the local pharmacy store is to get the manufacturer uvp. Senate, and retention, you need, director, you may purchase medicines may ...
Cefotaxime Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
38 medications are known to interact with cefotaxime. Includes Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate), B Complex 100 (multivitamin).
Mode of action and Anti-microbial spectrum: Cefotaxime is an inhibitor of bacterial cell wall synthesis. High activity against gram-negative bacteria. Very often used for the elimination of Agrobacterium species after inoculation. High resistance against B-lactamase activity. Nontoxic to plant cells.. ...
Johns Hopkins Guides | Cefotaxime
Cefotaxime was found in Johns Hopkins Guides. Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included.
Cefotaxime Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com
Learn about the potential side effects of cefotaxime. Includes common and rare side effects information for consumers and healthcare professionals.
Cefotaxime: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Myanmar
Cefotaxime: Search drug information, interaction, images & medical diagnosis. The most comprehensive database of medicines available in China, Hong Kong, T...
Cefotaxime 2g powder for solution for injection vials | LloydsPharmacy
Great price on Cefotaxime 2g powder for solution for injection vials. FREE delivery options available. Trusted service, convenient and safe shopping online
Cefotaxime sodium salt plant cell culture tested, BioReagent, powder | Sigma-Aldrich
Sigma-Aldrich offers Sigma-C7039, Cefotaxime sodium salt for your research needs. Find product specific information including CAS, MSDS, protocols and references.
Cefotaxime Sodium API Market Structure Analysis for the Period 2025
The latest trending report Global Cefotaxime Sodium API Market to 2025 available at MarketStudyReport.com is an informative study covering the market with detailed analysis. The report will assist reader with better understanding and decision making.
This medicine is injected into a muscle, or infused through a vein. It is usually given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.. If you get this medicine at home, you will be taught how to prepare and give this medicine. Use exactly as directed. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.. It is important that you put your used needles and syringes in a special sharps container. Do not put them in a trash can. If you do not have a sharps container, call your pharmacist or healthcare provider to get one.. Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.. ...
Novatax (Cefotaxime Sodium) Cipla
Novatax information about active ingredients, pharmaceutical forms and doses by Cipla, Novatax indications, usages and related health products lists
DMOZ - Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: C: Cefotaxime
Provides information on usage, precautions, side effects and brand names when available. Data provided by various government agencies and health-related organizations. ...
Cefixime | Buy 400 Mg Uk | Matlab Project Work
Looking for a cefixime? Not a problem! Guaranteed Worldwide Shipping Discreet Package Low Prices 24/7/365 Customer Support 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Visit This Website... Tags: buy suprax cefixime online purchase cefixime 400 mg cefixime to buy buy cefixime 400mg online buy cefixime 400 mg uk buy cefixime 400 mg online buy cefixime and azithromycin online how to order cefixime purchase cefixime online order cefixime 400 mg buy cefixime online uk order cefixime 400 mg online buy cefixime 400 mg orally in a single dose order cefixime buy cefixime suprax purchase suprax cefixime buy cefixime 400 mg antibiotics online buy cefixime uk order cefixime online buy cefixime where to buy cefixime buy cefixime online usa buy cefixime 400 mg buy cefixime online buy cefixime and azithromycin #cefixime purchase cefixime order suprax cefixime where can i buy cefixime buy cheap cefixime online can i buy cefixime over the counter Most doctors usually prefer the second technique of urine test, as it happens
Identification of CTX-M-14 Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase in Clinical Isolates of Shigella sonnei,Escherichia coli, and...
One strain of Escherichia coli and two strains ofKlebsiella pneumoniae that had high levels of resistance to cefotaxime were isolated from the blood of patients in Seoul National University Childrens Hospital in 1995 and 1996. One strain ofShigella sonnei isolated from a pediatric patient on Cheju Island in 2000 also had a high level of cefotaxime resistance. By disk susceptibility testing, the strains were resistant to amoxicillin, cephalothin, and cefotaxime but were susceptible to ceftazidime, cefoxitin, and amoxicillin-clavulanic acid. Isoelectric focusing showed that the four strains produced a β-lactamase with an isoelectric point (pI) of 8.0. PCR with SHV-specific primers (3) was negative for all strains. Cefotaxime resistance was transferred by conjugation (9) from K. pneumoniaestrain 95151 along with a plasmid of 160 kb to E. coli J53 Azir (met proazide resistant) to produce E. coli J53 Azir/pMG267. The β-lactamase gene was cloned from plasmid pMG267 with EcoRI as an 8-kb insert into ...
Beta-lactamases in Enterobacteriaceae in broilers
Resistance to cephalosprins due to the production of extended spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBLs) or plasmid mediated AmpC beta-lactamases is increasingly found in infections in humans outside the hospital. The genes encoding for these beta-lactamases are located on mobile DNA (plasmids), which can be transferred between bacterial species. Although the source of ... read more these bacteria is unknown, a food-borne source cannot be excluded. From 2003 to 2007 cefotaxime resistance increases in bacteria from broilers, but not in isolates from calves, pigs and dairy cows. Cefotaxime resistance is indicative for the presence of ESBLs or plasmid mediated AmpC beta-lactamases. Molecular typing of the resistance genes and the plasmids of Escherichia coli and Salmonella isolates from broilers revealed the presence of a variety of ESBL/AmpC genes: blaCTX-M-1, blaCTX-M-2, blaTEM-52, blaSHV-2, blaTEM20, blaACC-1 and blaCMY-2, located on plasmids: IncI1, IncHI2/P, IncK and some untypeable plasmids. A study ...
Заявка на перевозку груза (свободный, попутный груз). | B2B-Transport
Looking for a cefixime? Not a problem! Buy cefixime online ==, http://newcenturyera.com/med/cefixime ---- Guaranteed Worldwide Shipping Discreet Package Low Prices 24/7/365 Customer Support 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Tags: where can i buy cefixime buy cefixime 400 mg orally in a single dose how to order cefixime http://bluestoneblackdiamond.beep.com/buy-cefixime-400-mg-antibiotics-online-2017-05-15.htm?nocache=1494861563 order cefixime 400 mg online buy cefixime online usa cefixime to buy where to buy cefixime can i buy cefixime over the counter purchase cefixime online buy cefixime and azithromycin online purchase suprax cefixime order cefixime buy cefixime 400mg online purchase cefixime buy cefixime 400 mg buy cheap cefixime online buy cefixime online buy cefixime 400 mg uk order suprax cefixime buy cefixime and azithromycin #cefixime buy cefixime 400 mg online buy cefixime suprax order cefixime 400 mg buy cefixime 400 mg antibiotics online buy suprax cefixime online buy cefixime purchase ...
A hospital-wide intervention replacing ceftriaxone with cefotaxime to reduce rate of healthcare-associated infections caused by...
Boun Kim Tan, Emmanuel Vivier, Karim Ait Bouziad, Jean-Ralph Zahar, Christian Pommier, et al.. A hospital-wide intervention replacing ceftriaxone with cefotaxime to reduce rate of healthcare-associated infections caused by extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in the intensive care unit. Intensive Care Medicine, Springer Verlag, 2018, 44 (5), pp.672-673. ⟨10.1007/s00134-018-5079-y⟩. ⟨hal-02075873⟩ ...
Ciprofloxacin - Resistant typhoid with incomplete response to cefotaxime<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Ciprofloxacin - Resistant typhoid with incomplete response to cefotaxime. AU - Adhikari, M. R.Prabha. AU - Baliga, Srikala. PY - 2002/3. Y1 - 2002/3. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0036512711&partnerID=8YFLogxK. UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0036512711&partnerID=8YFLogxK. M3 - Article. C2 - 11924574. AN - SCOPUS:0036512711. VL - 50. SP - 428. EP - 429. JO - The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. JF - The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. SN - 0004-5772. IS - 3. ER - ...
Cefotaxime / cefotaxime sodium NDA 065072 global drug patent coverage, generic alternatives and manufacturers
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice. ...
O69395 | bla | Beta-lactamase Toho-2 | Druggability | Cancer
casSAR Dugability of O69395 | bla | Beta-lactamase Toho-2 - Also known as BLT2_ECOLX, bla. Hydrolyzes beta-lactam antibiotics such as penicillin G, carbenicillin, cephaloridine, cefoxitin, cefotaxime, ceftazidime, and aztreonam. Has especially increased relative hydrolysis rates for cephalothin, cephaloridine, cefotaxime and ceftizoxime.
ESPA Dual-Action Shavemud 200ml | SkinStore
Buy ESPA Dual-Action Shavemud 200ml online at SkinStore with free shipping! We have a great range of ESPA Shaving products available.
Money Later If You Cefixime Can Spare It And If Your Adult
Cefixime - Best Pharmacy Best Cheap Drugstore - Buy Cefixime Online from $15 buy online cefixime payment buy cefixime tesco pharmacy street price cefixime 800 mg generic cefixime otc price adalah cefi
Biochemicals DIRECT - X-Gluc, Cefotaxime, Carbenicillin - Online Supplier
Biochemical Direct is a specialist supplier of a niche range of research grade antibiotics and plant growth regulators. We supply X-Gluc, Carbenicillin,
Week 2 - Albumin in SBP - 52 in 52
Renal failure commonly develops in the setting of SBP, and its development is a sensitive predictor of in-hospital mortality. The renal impairment is thought to stem from decreased effective arterial blood volume secondary to the systemic inflammatory response to the infection. In our current practice, there are certain circumstances in which we administer albumin early in the SBP disease course in order to reduce the risk of renal failure and mortality. Ultimately, our current protocol originated from the 1999 study of albumin in SBP by Sort et al.. The trial enrolled adults with SBP and randomized them to treatment with either cefotaxime and albumin infusion 1.5 gm/kg within 6hrs of enrollment, followed by 1 gm/kg on day 3 or cefotaxime alone. The primary outcome was the development of renal impairment (a nonreversible increase in BUN or Cr by more than 50% to a value greater than 30 mg/dL or 1.5 mg/dL, respectively) during hospitalization. The secondary outcome was in-hospital ...
Solubility of Sodium Cefotaxime in Different Solvents
Købe Antibiotics - Zofixi (Brand name: cefixime) cefixime uden recept
Antibiotics - Zofixi (Brand name: cefixime) cefixime, Aelxim-cl,Aerocef,Afix,Afixime,Anfix,Antima,Bactirid,Belfix-cv,Bestcef,Betixim,Cef-3,Cefarox,Cefibiotic,Cefila,Cefim,Cefimed,Cefimix,Cefit-oz,Cefit-xl,Cefixdura,Cefixim,Cefixoral,Cefrax,Ceftid,Ceftoral,Cefupa,Cefurex,Ceptik,Cexime,Cipcef,Comsporin,Covocef-n,Eficef,Emixef,Ethifix,Excef,Exiben,Faloxim,Fexim,Fix-a,Fixacep,Fixam,Fixef,Fixim,Fixiphar,Fixx,G-fix,Infectoopticef,Ixime,Keor,Lanfix,Longacef,Loxim,Magnacef,Maxicef,Megacef,Mytax-o,Neocef,Nucef,Nufex beta,Odacef,Ofex,Opixime,Orcef,Orfix,Pancef,Prexim,Profix,Roxim,Sefeena,Seferat,Sekispanon,Simcef,Sofix,Spaxim,Sporetik,Starcef,Supran,Supraxim,Taxim-o,Taxime,Texit,Tgocef,Tifaxcin,Tocef,Topcef,Triocef,Triocim,Trixim,Truso,Ultraxime,Unisec,Uro-cephoral,Urotricef,Urticef,Vexcef,Vixcef,Voitx-cv,Winex,Xibit-o,Zefral,Zimaks,Zofixi, Cefixime is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics..
Købe Antibiotics - Afix (Brand name: cefixime) cefixime uden recept
Antibiotics - Afix (Brand name: cefixime) cefixime, Aelxim-cl,Aerocef,Afix,Afixime,Anfix,Antima,Bactirid,Belfix-cv,Bestcef,Betixim,Cef-3,Cefarox,Cefibiotic,Cefila,Cefim,Cefimed,Cefimix,Cefit-oz,Cefit-xl,Cefixdura,Cefixim,Cefixoral,Cefrax,Ceftid,Ceftoral,Cefupa,Cefurex,Ceptik,Cexime,Cipcef,Comsporin,Covocef-n,Eficef,Emixef,Ethifix,Excef,Exiben,Faloxim,Fexim,Fix-a,Fixacep,Fixam,Fixef,Fixim,Fixiphar,Fixx,G-fix,Infectoopticef,Ixime,Keor,Lanfix,Longacef,Loxim,Magnacef,Maxicef,Megacef,Mytax-o,Neocef,Nucef,Nufex beta,Odacef,Ofex,Opixime,Orcef,Orfix,Pancef,Prexim,Profix,Roxim,Sefeena,Seferat,Sekispanon,Simcef,Sofix,Spaxim,Sporetik,Starcef,Supran,Supraxim,Taxim-o,Taxime,Texit,Tgocef,Tifaxcin,Tocef,Topcef,Triocef,Triocim,Trixim,Truso,Ultraxime,Unisec,Uro-cephoral,Urotricef,Urticef,Vexcef,Vixcef,Voitx-cv,Winex,Xibit-o,Zefral,Zimaks,Zofixi, Cefixime is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics..
Cefixime (Suprax) - Side Effects, Interactions, Uses, Dosage, Warnings | Everyday Health
Find everything you need to know about Cefixime (Suprax), including what it is used for, warnings, reviews, side effects, and interactions. Learn more about Cefixime (Suprax) at EverydayHealth.com.
Harga Obat Taxime Cefixime 100 Mg - Thuc Cefixime 100mg
Cefixime 200 mg for throat infection - taiwan precursor monaural gnome demerit yankee satin and formulae headwall blake apothegm cape finn pigskin.
Cefixime Coupons, Discounts & Prices 2021 | USARx
Physician reviewed cefixime patient information - includes cefixime description, dosage and directions. Find Cefixime coupons here.
Order Suprax Cefixime
Looking for a cefixime? Not a problem! Guaranteed Worldwide Shipping Discreet Package Low Prices 24/7/365 Customer Support 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. patienthelp.info/cefixime ...
Ceftizoxime (Cefizox) | Daviss Drug Guide
Find information on Ceftizoxime (Cefizox) in Daviss Drug Guide including dosage, side effects, interactions, nursing implications, mechanism of action, half life, administration, and more. Davis Drug Guide PDF.
Cefixime | Ask or chat with U.S. doctors on HealthTap
Get free answers on any health question about Cefixime from top U.S. doctors. Or, video or text chat with a U.S. doctor 24/7 on demand for advice, prescriptions and more for an affordable fee.
Buy Suprax (Cefixime) without prescription in our online store | Helpinghand-pharmacy
Order Suprax (Cefixime) now! Genuine medication and, fast delivery included. 100% discreet and confidential service for all our customers Helpinghand-pharmacy
Cefmenoxime hydrochloride | Phion
Product Number , 78097775. CAS Number , 75738-58-8. EC , Molecular Formula , C16H18ClN9O5S3. Molecular Weight , 548.02. Storage Temp , Harmonized Tariff code , 29419000. Signal Word , ...
Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, Exfoliating Face Wash | Dermalogica®
Dual-action, non-foaming cream exfoliating cleanser helps retexturize aging skin. Achieve superior smoothness and ultra-clean skin after just one use.
Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, Exfoliating Face Wash | Dermalogica®
Dual-action, non-foaming cream exfoliating cleanser helps retexturize aging skin. Achieve superior smoothness and ultra-clean skin after just one use.
Maxima - Macter
Cefixime. Indications. Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibacterial indicated in the treatment of adults and pediatric patients six months of age or older with the following infections when caused by susceptible isolates of the designated bacteria ...
Buy Ziprax (Cefixime) Online Cheap
Buy Ziprax Online! Ziprax is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics. Ziprax is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria.
Intravenous administration of ceftriaxone is recommended as the first choice in these cases; cefotaxime and doxycycline are ...
Alternatives include cefotaxime, fluoroquinolones, and co-trimoxazole. Jones TF (August 2003). "From pig to pacifier: ...
"Antagonistic effect of chloramphenicol in combination with cefotaxime or ceftriaxone". Archived from the original on September ...
Cefotaxime (1) is a potent cephalosporin antibiotic in its own right. Further modification of this drug by inclusion of a ... The acid in cefotaxime is first protected as its silyl ester (2) by derivatization with N-methyl-N-(trimethylsilyl) ... In general, cefquinome is within the same range as cefpirome and cefotaxime. Against Gram-negative species, cefquinome has very ...
Despite their name, a few are more active on ceftazidime than cefotaxime. They have mainly been found in strains of Salmonella ... Ceftriaxone, cefotaxime, and ceftazidime have failed even more often, despite the organism's susceptibility to the antibiotic ... These cephalosporins include cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, and ceftazidime, as well as the oxyimino-monobactam aztreonam. Thus ESBLs ... These enzymes were named for their greater activity against cefotaxime than other oxyimino-beta-lactam substrates (e.g., ...
Wallace RJ Jr.; Tsukamura, M; Brown, BA; Brown, J; Steingrube, VA; Zhang, YS; Nash, DR (December 1990). "Cefotaxime-resistant ...
McPherson C, Gal P, Ransom JL (2008). "Treatment of Citrobacter koseri infection with ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime in a preterm ...
It rather resembles cefotaxime in its properties, but is not subject to metabolism. It was removed from the US Market in 2007. ... Injectable third generation cephalosporin antibiotic related to cefotaxime, q.v. Exhibits broad spectrum activity and ...
Otherwise, a third-generation cephalosporin such as ceftriaxone or cefotaxime is the first choice. Cefixime is a suitable oral ... Soe GB, Overturf GD (1987). "Treatment of typhoid fever and other systemic salmonelloses with cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ...
Antibiotics used in treatment of infectious diseases include chloramphenicol, cefotaxime, ciprofloxacin, gentamicin and ...
Haemophilus influenzae biogroup aegyptius
These include ampicillin, chloramphenicol, amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, cefamandole, cefuroxime, cefotaxime, tetracycline, ...
Cefotaxime (1 g IV every six hours for seven days) and doxycycline (200 mg initially followed by 100 mg IV every 12 hours for ... November 2004). "An open, randomized, controlled trial of penicillin, doxycycline, and cefotaxime for patients with severe ... there is no evidence on differences in death reduction when benzylpenicillin is compared with ceftriaxone or cefotaxime. ...
Polyethylenimine increases the effectiveness of the antibiotics including ampicillin, rifampin, cefotaxime, as well as others. ...
Claforan (cefotaxime sodium). Mifegyne (mifepristone, RU-486). Anandron (nilutamide). Revenue. US$ 3.01 billion (1996). ...
In place of the easily hydrolyzed acetyl group of cefotaxime, ceftriaxone has a metabolically stable thiotriazinedione moiety. ...
Cephalosporins penetrate the cerebrospinal fluid poorly unless the meninges are inflamed; cefotaxime is a more suitable ...
Major control treatments for paratyphoid fever include ciprofloxacin for 10 days, ceftriaxone/cefotaxime for 14 days, or ...
For instance, in the United Kingdom, empirical treatment consists of a third-generation cefalosporin such as cefotaxime or ...
This treatment should last for 14 days after sterilization and then only cefotaxime for another 7 days creating a minimum of 21 ... For suspected Gram-negative enteric (including E. coli) meningitis a combination of cefotaxime and aminoglycoside, usually ...
For example, a variant of TEM1 β-lactamase with 5 mutations is able to cleave cefotaxime (a third generation antibiotic). ...
... was targeted by cefotaxime. Colistin mecA LPSN lpsn.dsmz.de Branham, Sara E. (1930-04-18). "A New Meningococcus-like Organism ( ...
List of drugs: Cj-Cl
... also known as cefotaxime clamidoxic acid (INN) Clamohexal (Hexal Australia) [Au]. clamoxyquine (INN) clanfenur (INN) clanobutin ...
For example, several mutations in the antibiotic resistance gene B-lactamase introduce cefotaxime resistance but do not affect ... This represents cryptic genetic variation since if the population is newly exposed to cefotaxime, the minority members will ...
Systemic therapy: Newborns with gonococcal ophthalmia neonatorum should be treated for 7 days with ceftriaxone, cefotaxime, ...
Once in the hospital, the antibiotics of choice are usually IV broad spectrum 3rd generation cephalosporins, e.g., cefotaxime ...
Since cefotaxime use may be not appropriate for C. hominis endocarditis, an alternative regimen might include association of co ...
El Mufti MB, Glessa A, Amery KV (1988). "Single-dose clavulanate-potentiated amoxycillin versus three-dose cefotaxime in the ...
Third-generation cephalosporin antibiotics (i.e. cefotaxime, ceftriaxone) should be used to treat a suspected or culture-proven ...
... cefotaxime, ceftazidime, imipenem, meropenem, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, piperacillin-tazobactam, tigecycline and ...
... is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. ... Cefotaxime is a type of antibiotic called a cephalosporin. ... Cefotaxime. Cefotaxime is a type of antibiotic called a cephalosporin. These antibiotics are related to penicillin. Cefotaxime ... Cefotaxime is used to treat infections caused by bacteria.. Cefotaxime works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to ... Cefotaxime is a generic medicine. Branded medicines containing cefotaxime are not currently available. ...
Cefotaxime/clarithromycin/phenytoin | SpringerLink
Cefotaxime - Wikipedia
Cefotaxime is administered by intramuscular injection or intravenous infusion. As cefotaxime is metabolized to both active and ... Claforan Sterile (cefotaxime for injection, USP) and Injection (cefotaxime injection, USP). 19 June 2009. "Archived copy" (PDF ... "Cefotaxime (Claforan) Use During Pregnancy". Drugs.com. 5 April 2019. Retrieved 24 December 2019. "Cefotaxime Sodium". The ... Cefotaxime is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to cefotaxime or other cephalosporins. Caution should ...
Cefotaxime Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information
Cefotaxime Injection: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus ... Use cefotaxime injection until you finish the prescription, even if you feel better.If you stop using cefotaxime injection too ... Before taking cefotaxime injection,. *tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cefotaxime, other cephalosporin ... Cefotaxime injection is also available as a premixed product to be injected intravenously. How often you receive cefotaxime ...
Cefotaxime - Drugs.com
A list of US medications equivalent to Cefotaxime is available on the Drugs.com website. ... Cefotaxime is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. ... Cefotaxime. In the US, Cefotaxime (cefotaxime systemic) is a member of the drug class third generation cephalosporins and is ... Type II Cefotaxime Hanmi (Cefotaxime and Sodium Chloride). Hanmi, South Korea. *Unitax. SRS Pharmaceuticals PVT LTD, Myanmar; ...
CEFOTAXIME (sef oh TAKS eem) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is used to treat certain kinds of bacterial infections. ... Cefotaxime injection. What is this medicine?. CEFOTAXIME (sef oh TAKS eem) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is used to treat ... an unusual or allergic reaction to cefotaxime, cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics, other medicines, foods, dyes, or ...
Cefotaxime Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
38 medications are known to interact with cefotaxime. Includes Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), Augmentin (amoxicillin/ ... Show all medications in the database that may interact with cefotaxime.. Check for interactions with cefotaxime. Type in a drug ... There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with cefotaxime. cefotaxime disease Interactions. There are 6 disease interactions with ... A total of 38 drugs (338 brand and generic names) are known to interact with cefotaxime. ...
DailyMed - CEFOTAXIME injection
cefotaxime 200 MG/ML Injectable Solution. SCD. 3. 309065. cefotaxime (as cefotaxime sodium) 10 GM per 50 ML Injectable Solution ... Cefotaxime was not mutagenic in the mouse micronucleus test or in the Ames test. Cefotaxime did not impair fertility to rats ... NOTE: Cefotaxime solutions exhibit maximum stability in the pH 5-7 range. Solutions of cefotaxime should not be prepared with ... Cefotaxime for Injection, USP is supplied as a dry powder in Pharmacy Bulk Packages containing cefotaxime sodium equivalent to ...
Cefotaxime - Side effect(s)
Read the side effects of Cefotaxime as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or ... Side effect(s) of Cefotaxime Read the side effects of Cefotaxime as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt ... Cefotaxime - Information. Cefotaxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such ... Cefatax , Cefest (500 mg) , Cefotax , Cefotax (250 mg) , Cefotax (500 mg) , Cefotaxime Sodium , Ceftax , Ominax Neonatal , ...
Cefotaxime sodium | Definition of Cefotaxime sodium at Dictionary.com
Molecular Expressions: The Pharmaceutical Collection - Cefotaxime (Claforan)
Cefotaxime is a member of the cephalosporin antibiotic class of drugs that has a rather wide spectrum of activity and is useful ... Cefotaxime (Claforan). Cefotaxime is a member of the cephalosporin antibiotic class of drugs that has a rather wide spectrum of ... Side effects include diarrhea and when mixed with alcohol, cefotaxime can cause stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, ...
CEFOTAXIME (injection) | FDA Warnings & Precations | Healthgrades.com
Cefotaxime (Claforan) | Davis's Drug Guide
Find information on Cefotaxime (Claforan) in Daviss Drug Guide including dosage, side effects, interactions, nursing ... cefotaxime is a topic covered in the Daviss Drug Guide. To view the entire topic, please log in or purchase a subscription. ... "Cefotaxime." Daviss Drug Guide, 16th ed., F.A. Davis Company, 2020. Washington Manual, www.unboundmedicine.com/ ... washingtonmanual/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/109021/all/cefotaxime. Vallerand AHA, Sanoski CAC, Quiring CC. Cefotaxime. Daviss Drug ...
Claforan (Cefotaxime): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Cefotaxime) may treat, uses, dosage, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, patient labeling, reviews, and related ... Cefotaxime sodium is a bactericidal agent that acts by inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cefotaxime has activity in ... Approximately 20-36% of an intravenously administered dose of 14C-cefotaxime is excreted by the kidney as unchanged cefotaxime ... This procedure uses paper disks impregnated with 30 mcg cefotaxime to test the susceptibility of microorganisms to cefotaxime. ...
Cefotaxime - Vorregistrierte Stoffe - ECHA
The CSV is a delimited data format that has fields/columns separated by the semicolon character and records/rows separated by newlines. Fields that may contain a special character (semicolon, newline, or double quote), are enclosed in double quotes. For an easier handling, the list of Pre-registered substances is available in four parts ordered by EC number. They contain the same information as the following full list.. ...
Novatax (Cefotaxime Sodium) Cipla
Zetaxim (Cefotaxime Sodium) Wockhardt
Cefotaxime | definition of cefotaxime by Medical dictionary
... cefotaxime explanation free. What is cefotaxime? Meaning of cefotaxime medical term. What does cefotaxime mean? ... Looking for online definition of cefotaxime in the Medical Dictionary? ... cefotaxime. Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Wikipedia. cefotaxime. [sef´o-tak″sēm] a third-generation cephalosporin ... Cefotaxime , definition of cefotaxime by Medical dictionary https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/cefotaxime ...
Cefotaxime Sandoz Powder for injection
... is a brand of medicine containing the active ingredient Cefotaxime. Find out about side ... Cefotaxime Sandoz 2g - 2g cefotaxime, as cefotaxime sodium. This medicine does not contain lactose, sucrose, gluten, tartrazine ... Cefotaxime Sandoz 1g - 1g cefotaxime, as cefotaxime sodium. * ... Cefotaxime Sandoz 0.5g - 0.5g cefotaxime, as cefotaxime sodium ... How Cefotaxime Sandoz is given. How much is given. Your doctor will decide what dose and how long you will receive Cefotaxime ...
Cefotaxime (DBL) | healthdirect
On this page about Cefotaxime (DBL) you will find information relating to side effects, age restrictions, food interactions, ... Other medicines containing the same active ingredients: cefotaxime *Can I take Cefotaxime (DBL) in sport? Find out on the ASADA ... The emergency of resistance to cefotaxime may complicate treatment.. How to take it. The way to take this medicine is: ... The emergency of resistance to cefotaxime may complicate treatment.. How to take it. The way to take this medicine is: ...
1RGY: Citrobacter Freundii Gn346 Class C Beta-Lactamase Complexed With Transition-State Analog Of Cefotaxime
Cefotaxime sodium salt plant cell culture tested, BioReagent, powder | Sigma-Aldrich
Cefotaxime sodium salt for your research needs. Find product specific information including CAS, MSDS, protocols and references ... Cefotaxime sodium salt plant cell culture tested, BioReagent, powder Synonym: Cefotaxim sodium salt ... In addition, cefotaxime blocks the division of cyanobacteria and lower plant organelles/plastids such as the photosynthetic ... Cefotaxime, a cephalosporin antibiotic, is active against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. ...
CLAFORAN® Sterile (cefotaxime for injection, USP) and Injection (cefotaxime injection, USP)
cefotaxime sodium (UNII: 258J72S7TZ) (cefotaxime - UNII:N2GI8B1GK7) cefotaxime. 1 g in 50 mL. ... cefotaxime sodium (UNII: 258J72S7TZ) (cefotaxime - UNII:N2GI8B1GK7) cefotaxime. 2 g in 50 mL. ... Sterile (cefotaxime for injection, USP) and Injection (cefotaxime injection, USP). To reduce the development of drug-resistant ... Cefotaxime sodium is a bactericidal agent that acts by inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cefotaxime has activity in ...
Continuous administration of cefotaxime at exacerbation of COPD | Thorax
The authors conclude that continuous administration of β lactam antibiotics such as cefotaxime preceded by a loading dose is ... Continuous vs intermittent cefotaxime administration in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and respiratory ... Forty-seven patients received 2 g of cefotaxime as a continuous infusion over 24 h plus a loading dose of 1 g, while 46 ... and that intravenous cefotaxime is not first line treatment in uncomplicated exacerbations of COPD. ...
Cefotaxime 2g powder for solution for injection vials | LloydsPharmacy
Cefotaxime sodium (CAS 64485-93-4) 96% purity (ab143376) |Abcam
Cefotaxime sodium, cephalosporin antibiotic (CAS 64485-93-4), with ,96% purity. Water soluble compound. Join researchers using ... Chemiluminescence determination of cefotaxime sodium with flow-injection analysis of cerium (IV)-rhodamine 6G system and its ... Derivative spectrophotometry in the analysis of mixtures of cefotaxime sodium and cefadroxil monohydrate.. J Pharm Biomed Anal ... Insights into the binding of the drugs diclofenac sodium and cefotaxime sodium to serum albumin: calorimetry and spectroscopy. ...
Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage (cefotaxime) Uses, Side Effects, Dosage & Interactions
... cefotaxime) includes side effects, uses, drug interactions, dosage, drug pictures, overdose symptoms, and what to avoid. ... cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage). Brand Names: Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage. Generic Name: cefotaxime. *What is ... Carefully follow all mixing and storage instructions for cefotaxime.. After mixing cefotaxime with a diluent, you may need to ... Cefotaxime is a cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotic.. Cefotaxime is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, ...
Cefotaxime (Claforan) - Side Effects, Interactions, Uses, Dosage, Warnings | Everyday Health
Learn more about Cefotaxime (Claforan) at EverydayHealth.com. ... Find everything you need to know about Cefotaxime (Claforan), ... Cefotaxime is also used to prevent infections in people having surgery.. Cefotaxime may also be used for purposes not listed in ... How to take Cefotaxime (Claforan)?. Use Cefotaxime (Claforan) exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor ... What are the side effects of Cefotaxime (Claforan)?. Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: ...
ClaforanAntibioticInjectionCephalosporinsBacteriaPowderIsolatesDosageStrainsAntibioticsHalf-life of cefotaximeVialInfectionsINDICATIONSSterile cefotaximeBactericidalActive ingredient cefotaxime sodiumProphylaxisINFUSIONDoseSerumResistantInteractionsAmpicillinPenicillinIntravenousDavis's Drug GuideValues for cefotaximeResistance to cefotaximeTreatment with cefotaximeCeftriaxone and cefotaximeAntimicrobialInfectionDosesConcentrationsCiprofloxacinDrugsCefotaximSide effectsPatientsAztreonamMechanismClavulanic acidDiscovered in 1976Generic NameUrinaryMedicationEscherichiaAntibacterialRenal
- CLAFORAN, equivalent to 1 gram and 2 grams cefotaxime, is supplied as frozen, premixed, iso-osmotic injections in plastic containers. (rxlist.com)
- What are the possible side effects of cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage)? (emedicinehealth.com)
- What is the most important information I should know about cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage)? (emedicinehealth.com)
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage)? (emedicinehealth.com)
- How should I use cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage)? (emedicinehealth.com)
- What should I avoid while using cefotaxime (Claforan, Claforan ADD-Vantage)? (emedicinehealth.com)
- What is Cefotaxime (Claforan) used for? (everydayhealth.com)
- Can I take Cefotaxime (Claforan) if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding? (everydayhealth.com)
- Use Cefotaxime (Claforan) exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. (everydayhealth.com)
- Can children and teenagers take Claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- Who should not take Claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- Claforan is contraindicated in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to cefotaxime sodium , or the cephalosporin group of antibiotics. (healthtap.com)
- What is the generic form of Claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- I am treated from gonorrhea by claforan (cefotaxime) but symptoms return? (healthtap.com)
- Is there a reaction to IV claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- What is Claforan (cefotaxime) typically used for? (healthtap.com)
- Can pregnant women take Claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- I was treated for gonorrhea by claforan (cefotaxime) and vibramycine. (healthtap.com)
- What side effects are associated with Claforan (cefotaxime)? (healthtap.com)
- Nearly 2weeks ago Dr gave me 1g IM Claforan (cefotaxime) and 1g Zithromax, still burns a bit, Urine analysis today shows all ok but 1-3 H.P.F pus cells, What I ve? (healthtap.com)
- ZIthromax is not effective in treating urinary tract infections and one dose of claforan ( cefotaxime ) May or may not be. (healthtap.com)
- 3days ago Dr prescribed me IM 1g Claforan (cefotaxime) and a single dose 1g zithromax curing urethraitis and STD, Why It is still burning? (healthtap.com)
- When used for treating or preventing certain bacterial infections, cefotaxime ( Claforan ® ) works to kill bacteria by preventing them from forming cell walls. (emedtv.com)
- Cefotaxime is a type of antibiotic called a cephalosporin. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cefotaxime is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that kills a wide variety of bacteria that cause a wide variety of commonly-occuring infections. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cefotaxime is an antibiotic used to treat a number of bacterial infections. (wikipedia.org)
- As a β-lactam antibiotic in the third-generation class of cephalosporins, cefotaxime is active against numerous Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including several with resistance to classic β-lactams such as penicillin. (wikipedia.org)
- The most common adverse reactions experienced are: Pain and inflammation at the site of injection/infusion (4.3%) Rash, pruritus, or fever (2.4%) Colitis, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting (1.4%) Cefotaxime is a β-lactam antibiotic (which refers to the structural components of the drug molecule itself). (wikipedia.org)
- CEFOTAXIME (sef oh TAKS eem) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. (nationwidechildrens.org)
- Sterile cefotaxime sodium is a semisynthetic, broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral administration. (nih.gov)
- Cefotaxime is a member of the cephalosporin antibiotic class of drugs that has a rather wide spectrum of activity and is useful as a pre-surgery antibiotic. (fsu.edu)
- The antibiotic susceptibility disks Aztreonam (30g), Cefotaxime (30g), Ceftazidime (30g) and Ceftriaxone (30g) were placed on Mueller Hinton agar. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Meningitis - cefotaxime should be combined with an appropriate alternative antibiotic (ampicillin, chloramphenicol or penicillin G) for initial therapy in children, (excluding neonates) pending the availabiliy of culture and sensitivity results. (healthdirect.gov.au)
- Cefotaxime, a cephalosporin antibiotic, is active against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. (sigmaaldrich.com)
- This randomised prospective non-blinded study compared the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, antibiotic resistance and clinical efficacy of continuous vs intermittent administration of cefotaxime in 93 patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) requiring hospitalisation for moderate to severe community acquired exacerbations (GOLD stages 2-4). (bmj.com)
- Cefotaxime is a cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotic. (emedicinehealth.com)
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to cefotaxime or another cephalosporin antibiotic ( cefdinir , cefalexin, Keflex , Omnicef , and others). (emedicinehealth.com)
- You should not use cefotaxime if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to any type of cephalosporin antibiotic (cefdinir, cefalexin, Keflex, Omnicef, and others). (emedicinehealth.com)
- Since the coordination environments of metals in metal-based antibiotics is not well-known and continuing with our studies in order to shed more light on the nature of mono- and polynuclear Schiff base complexes containing antibiotics [ 13 - 18 ], we report here the isolation and characterization of metal(II) complexes containing a Schiff base ligand derived from cefotaxime antibiotic and salicylaldehyde. (hindawi.com)
- Although the over-use of antibiotics during food animal production is a potential driver of antimicrobial resistant microorganisms (ARMs), a high prevalence of cefotaxime resistant bacteria (CRB) has been observed in grazing animals raised without antibiotic supplementation. (frontiersin.org)
- The goal of this study was to evaluate the in vivo effects of the OAT3-Ile305Phe variant (rs11568482), present at 3.5% allele frequency in Asians, on drug disposition with a focus on cefotaxime, a cephalosporin antibiotic. (nih.gov)
- Cefotaxime is an antibiotic medication. (healthtap.com)
- Cefotaxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. (rxwiki.com)
- Cefotaxime sodium salt is a potent cephalosporin antibiotic that inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to PBPs (penicillin-binding proteins). (agscientific.com)
- Cefotaxime Sodium Salt is a third generation Cephalosporin β-lactamase resistant antibiotic with efficacy in prohibition of gram-positive and gram-negative bacterial cell wall synthesis. (agscientific.com)
- Cefotaxime is a third generation, broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic effective against various gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. (goldbio.com)
- Because 3rd generation cephalosporins exhibit specific activities against bacteria, a 30 micrograms cefotaxime disk should be used when performing Kirby-Bauer disk susceptibility tests for this antibiotic. (elephantcare.org)
- Cefotaxime sodium is a broad spectrum third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. (vwr.com)
- Cefotaxime 500 MG Infusion is a broad spectrum antibiotic used to treat certain infections of the lungs, urinary tract, bone, and brain caused by bacteria. (practo.com)
- Cefotaxime is given by injection into a vein or muscle, or via a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion). (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cefotaxime injection may also be used before surgery, and during and after a cesarean section, in order to prevent the patient from getting an infection. (medlineplus.gov)
- Cefotaxime injection is in a class of medications called cephalosporin antibiotics. (medlineplus.gov)
- Antibiotics such as cefotaxime injection will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. (medlineplus.gov)
- Cefotaxime injection comes as a powder to be mixed with liquid to be injected intravenously (into a vein) or intramuscularly (into a muscle). (medlineplus.gov)
- Cefotaxime injection is also available as a premixed product to be injected intravenously. (medlineplus.gov)
- How often you receive cefotaxime injection and the length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have and how your body responds to the medication. (medlineplus.gov)
- You may receive cefotaxime injection in a hospital or you may administer the medication at home. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you will be receiving cefotaxime injection at home, your healthcare provider will show you how to use the medication. (medlineplus.gov)
- You should begin to feel better during the first few days of treatment with cefotaxime injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- Use cefotaxime injection until you finish the prescription, even if you feel better.If you stop using cefotaxime injection too soon or skip doses, your infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may become resistant to antibiotics. (medlineplus.gov)
- Cefotaxime injection is also sometimes used to treat typhoid fever (a serious infection that is common in developing countries), salmonella (an infection that causes severe diarrhea) and other types of infectious diarrhea, food poisoning, Lyme disease (an infection that may develop after a person is bitten by a tick), and a certain type of infection from dog bites. (medlineplus.gov)
- Also tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in cefotaxime injection. (medlineplus.gov)
- If you become pregnant while taking cefotaxime injection, call your doctor. (medlineplus.gov)
- To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Cefotaxime for Injection, USP (cefotaxime sodium) and other antibacterial drugs, Cefotaxime for Injection, USP should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria. (nih.gov)
- Cefotaxime for Injection, USP contains approximately 50.5 mg (2.2 mEq) of sodium per gram of cefotaxime activity. (nih.gov)
- Solutions of Cefotaxime for Injection, USP range from very pale yellow to light amber depending on the concentration and the diluent used. (nih.gov)
- Cefotaxime for Injection, USP is supplied as a dry powder in Pharmacy Bulk Packages containing cefotaxime sodium equivalent to 10 g of cefotaxime. (nih.gov)
- Mineral oil 100% us gallon topical,1 gram cefotaxime sodium vial powder for injection iv,dimenhydrinate 50mg / 2ml injectable solution iv. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Please read this leaflet carefully before you start using Cefotaxime Sandoz Powder for injection. (nps.org.au)
- Chemiluminescence determination of cefotaxime sodium with flow-injection analysis of cerium (IV)-rhodamine 6G system and its application to the binding study of cefotaxime sodium to protein with on-line microdialysis sampling. (abcam.com)
- A healthcare provider will give you this injection when cefotaxime is used to prevent infection from surgery. (emedicinehealth.com)
- A stability-indicating high-performance liquid chromatographic assay method was used to study the stability of cefotaxime sodium (50 mg/mL) in 0.9% sodium chloride injection in polypropylene syringes at 5°C and 25°C. The concentrations of the drug were directly related to peak heights, and the percent relative standard deviation based on 5 injections was 1.1. (ijpc.com)
- Clinical studies on cefotaxime showed that reactions at the injection site, allergic reactions, and digestive problems were some of the possible side effects. (emedtv.com)
- Did the author experience injection site pain while taking cefotaxime ? (druginformer.com)
- DBL Cefotaxime Sodium for Injection (Powder for injection) is a brand of medicine containing the active ingredient Cefotaxime. (zaligenzoet.be)
- IM injections of cefotaxime are prepared by adding 4ml 1% or 2% lidocaine injection to vials labeled containing 1g of cefotaxime. (lijian-pharm.com)
- more than 4ml of sterile water for injection should be added to a vial labeled containing 1g of cefotaxime and the appropriate dose may then be injected directly into a vein over a 3-5 minutes period. (lijian-pharm.com)
- 40ml sterile water for injection or 40ml 10% dextrose injection should be added to an infusion bottle containing 2g of cefotaxime and the solution should be infused within 20 minutes. (lijian-pharm.com)
- 2g of cefotaxime can also be reconstituted using 100ml compatible IV solution or 10% dextrose injection and be infused within 40-60 minutes. (lijian-pharm.com)
- Cefotaxime sodium EUROPEAN PHARMACOPOEIA 7.0 Injection 10μL of the test solution and reference solutions (b) (c) and (d). (aupv.ch)
- What is Cefotaxime Injection (Cefotaxime Sodium) used for? (4nrx.org)
- Cefotaxime Injection (Cefotaxime Sodium) belongs to the cephalosporin group of antibiotics. (4nrx.org)
- How should I use Cefotaxime Injection (Cefotaxime Sodium)? (4nrx.org)
- Cefotaxime Injection (Cefotaxime Sodium) is either injected into a muscle, such as the buttock, or else given as an intravenous fluid which may be injected into the vein. (4nrx.org)
- Strictly follow all instructions provided to you by your physician or pharmacist while using Cefotaxime Injection (Cefotaxime Sodium). (4nrx.org)
- citation needed] Cefotaxime is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to cefotaxime or other cephalosporins. (wikipedia.org)
- Hypersensitivity to cefotaxime or other cephalosporins. (mims.com)
- Ceftriaxone and cefotaxime are two injectable injectable third-generation cephalosporins (C3G) commonly used in clinical practice. (centerwatch.com)
- The increased prevalence of NG strains with reduced susceptibility to cefotaxime among MSM may herald resistance to third-generation parenteral cephalosporins. (eurosurveillance.org)
- However, unlike many other cephalosporins, cefotaxime is not effective against Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria. (goldbio.com)
- Unlike the first generation cephalosporins (and most 2nd generation agents), cefotaxime will enter the CSF in therapeutic levels (at high dosages) when the patient's meninges are inflamed. (elephantcare.org)
- Cefotaxime sodium salt is an antimicrobial drug that is administered by parenteral administration and is included in the category of cephalosporins. (aupv.ch)
- Drugs effective in treating active meningococcal infection include penicillin G, chloramphenicol in patients who are allergic to penicillin, and some cephalosporins (ie, cefotaxime, ceftriaxone) used to treat pediatric patients. (medscape.com)
- Cefotaxime is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cefotaxime is used to treat serious infections caused by bacteria, such as those listed below. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Cefotaxime works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to form cell walls. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- To make sure the bacteria causing an infection are susceptible to cefotaxime your doctor may take a tissue sample, for example a swab from the throat or skin, or a urine or blood sample. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- For bacteria isolated from diabetic foot infection, the following antibiotics were used against the causative agents: amikacin (30ug), (20ug of amoxicillin + 10ug of clavulanate), cefotaxime (30ug), ceftazidime (30ug), ciprofloxacin (5ug), erythromycin (15ug), gentamycin (10ug), oxacillin (1ug), piperacillin (100ug) and vancomycin (30ug). (thefreedictionary.com)
- In a context where the emergence of multidrug-resistant bacteria continues to increase, it seems appropriate to conduct a study to compare the impact of the use of ceftriaxone or cefotaxime on the emergence of BMR at the individual level. (centerwatch.com)
- In the absence of a study clearly establishing the link between C3G types (ceftriaxone, cefotaxime) and the emergence of BMR and in line with the above research, this study aims to compare the microbiological impact of the use of either of these two C3Gs (in terms of emergence of bacterial resistance and impact on the diversity and quantity of digestive digestive bacteria). (centerwatch.com)
- How does benzylpenicillin or cefotaxime affect meningococcal bacteria? (healthtap.com)
- Cefotaxime belongs to a group of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics, which work to stop the growth of bacteria in the body. (rxwiki.com)
- Cefotaxime sodium salt is effective against both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and is resistant to β -lactamase. (agscientific.com)
- Pharmacology/Spectrum of Activity - Cefotaxime has a relatively wide spectrum of activity against both gram positive and gram negative bacteria. (elephantcare.org)
- Cefotaxime has activity in the presence of some beta-lactamases both penicillinases and cephalosporinases of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. (aupv.ch)
- Cefotaxime not just inhibits bacteria but also blocks cyanelles. (gdycc.org)
- Chemistry - A semisynthetic, 3rd generation, aminothiazolyl cephalosporin, cefotaxime sodium occurs as an odorless, white to off-white crystalline powder with a pK a of 3.4. (elephantcare.org)
- The kit includes pre-weighed cefotaxime (sodium) powder, a sterile filter and a sterile container for the filtered solution. (goldbio.com)
- were showed 100% sensitivity to Cefotaxime whereas complete resistance to Penicillin G and Amikacin were observed for Gram negative bacterial isolates. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Number of cefotaxime-nonsusceptible Senterica isolates carrying extended-spectrum β-lactamase (black bars) and AmpC genes (gray bars) in Finland, 1993-2011. (cdc.gov)
- During 1993-2011, cefotaxime resistance among Salmonella enterica isolates from patients in Finland increased substantially. (cdc.gov)
- All of these isolates were screened for cefotaxime susceptibility ( 11 ). (cdc.gov)
- Cefotaxime-nonsusceptible isolates were screened for the ESBL genes TEM, SHV, and CTX-M by PCR ( 7 ). (cdc.gov)
- We also screened the cefotaxime-nonsusceptible isolates for AmpC production. (cdc.gov)
- The MIC values for cefotaxime of the original isolates and the transconjugants were greater than 128 mg l-1 and 64 mg l-1, respectively. (nih.gov)
- Isolates of S.typhimurium resistant to cefotaxime were first identified in Argentina in 1990. (antibiotic.ru)
- This preliminary study supports the use of cefotaxime for intrapartum prophylaxis in women colonized with ampicillin-resistant isolates of Enterobacteriaceae . (asm.org)
- The minimal inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of aztreonam and cefotaxime were determined against 400 isolates from urological in-patients with complicated and/or hospital acquired urinary tract infections (UTI). (uni-regensburg.de)
- To characterize the genetic determinants involved in the reduced susceptibility to ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime in Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis clinical isolates obtained from four patients in summer 2003 in Hong Kong. (oup.com)
- Three Salmonella Enteritidis isolates from blood culture and one from stool were collected due to their increased resistance to ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime. (oup.com)
- Our aim was to investigate whether a standardized dosage regimen of intrapartum cefotaxime could provide concentrations in the cord blood greater than the cefotaxime MIC 90 for E. coli . (asm.org)
- For neonates younger than 7 days of age, a recommended cefotaxime dosage is 25mg/kg every 12 hours. (lijian-pharm.com)
- 4. In patients with severe renal dysfunction , dosage of cefotaxime should be decreased accordingly. (lijian-pharm.com)
- Indeed, their results conclude that resistance development is weaker, as well as more limited carriage of HL-CASE Enterobacterial strains by replacing ceftriaxone with cefotaxime. (centerwatch.com)
- Between 1986 and 1988, multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae strains exhibiting high-level cefotaxime resistance were isolated from patient specimens particularly of the intensive care units of the Aachen Technical University Hospital. (nih.gov)
- Both strains had identical susceptibility to cefotaxime (0.008 μg/ml) and ciprofloxacin (0.5μg/ml) in repeated testing experiments with the conventional microdilution NCCLS method ( 10 ). (asm.org)
- While Klebsiella strains donated cefotaxime, cefamandole and cefuroxime resistance to Escherichia coli K-12 recipients, the genetic analysis of exconjugants after the transfer of plasmids from Serratia strains to Proteus or Salmonella recipients showed that the cefoxitin resistance determinant was also co-transferred. (springer.com)
- In subsequent transfer cycles of this plasmid, cefotaxime and cefoxitin resistance determinants segregated in contrast to the relative stability of plasmids derived from Klebsiella strains in subsequent transfer cycles. (springer.com)
- The MIC 90 of cefotaxime for E. coli strains (0.125 mg/liter) was achieved in all cases. (asm.org)
- Many anaerobes are also susceptible to cefotaxime, including strains of Bacteroides fragilis , Clostridium sp . (elephantcare.org)
- Pharmacodynamic effects of amoxicillin versus cefotaxime against penicillin-susceptible and penicillin-resistant pneumococcal strains: a phase I study. (mysciencework.com)
- Cefotaxime belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporin antibiotics. (nps.org.au)
- The authors conclude that continuous administration of β lactam antibiotics such as cefotaxime preceded by a loading dose is equally effective compared with intermittent bolus administration and has potentially important pharmacological advantages, may be more cost-effective and could help to decrease staff workload. (bmj.com)
- Although, several antibiotics including cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, or ciprofloxacin are being used, it is unclear which drug is most effective. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The study will have two periods: Period 1 during which patients hospitalized in the emergency department or in internal medicine and receiving C3G antibiotics will receive ceftriaxone, and the period 2 during which cefotaxime is cephalosporin used in first intention in these same patients. (centerwatch.com)
- Cefotaxime is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to the cephalosporin group of antibiotics. (pediatriconcall.com)
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with a known allergy to cefotaxime, any other Beta-lactam antibiotics, or any other inactive ingredients present along with it. (practo.com)
- Cefotaxime Sodium is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the cephalosporin group of antibiotics or those that had an anaphylactic shock or immediate-type hypersensitivity reaction to penicillins. (lijian-pharm.com)
Half-life of cefotaxime3
- However, ceftriaxone has the advantage of once-daily dosing, whereas the shorter half-life of cefotaxime necessitates two or three daily doses for efficacy. (wikipedia.org)
- The mean half-life of cefotaxime in infants with lower birth weights (≤1500 grams), regardless of age, was longer (4.6 hours) than the mean half-life (3.4 hours) in infants whose birth weight was greater than 1500 grams. (nih.gov)
- Because tubular secretion is involved in the renal excretion of the drug, probenecid has been demonstrated in several species to prolong the serum half-life of cefotaxime. (elephantcare.org)
- Cefotaxime can also be given before certain types of surgery that are associated with an increased risk of infection, for example abdominal, bowel, heart or bone surgery, to help prevent infections after the operation. (netdoctor.co.uk)
- Given its broad spectrum of activity, cefotaxime is used for a variety of infections, including: Lower respiratory tract infections - e.g. pneumonia (most commonly caused by S. pneumoniae) Genitourinary system infections - urinary tract infections (e.g. (wikipedia.org)
- CNS infections - e.g. meningitis/ventriculitis secondary to N. meningitidis, H. influenzae, S. pneumoniae Although cefotaxime has demonstrated efficacy in these infections, it is not necessarily considered to be the first-line agent. (wikipedia.org)
- Cefotaxime Sandoz is also used to prevent infections before, during and after surgery. (nps.org.au)
- INDICATIONS: Cefotaxime is indicated for the treatment of the following types of infection when caused by susceptible micro-organisms: Infections of the respiratory tract (upper and lower). (healthdirect.gov.au)
- Continuous vs intermittent cefotaxime administration in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and respiratory tract infections: pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics, bacterial susceptibility and clinical efficacy. (bmj.com)
- Cefotaxime is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections , including severe or life-threatening forms. (emedicinehealth.com)
- In a prospective, randomized, double-blind study, we compared cefotaxime with nafcillin plus tobramycin in the treatment of serious bacterial infections. (annals.org)
- We conclude that cefotaxime may be more effective and less toxic than nafcillin plus tobramycin for patients with serious bacterial infections. (annals.org)
- Cefotaxime has been shown to be active against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms responsible for clinical infections like early neonatal sepsis, such as members of the family Enterobacteriaceae (mainly E. coli ) and Haemophilus influenzae . (asm.org)
- Comparable outcomes for β-lactam/β-lactamase inhibitor combinations and carbapenems in definitive treatment of bloodstream infections caused by cefotaxime-resistant Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae. (tropmedres.ac)
- There were no significant differences in subsequent isolation of carbapenem resistant organisms (4.3% vs. 4.2%, p = 1.0), C. difficile infection (13.0% vs. 8.3%, p = 0.67) or relapsed BSI (0% vs. 2%, p = 0.23).BLBLIs appear to have a similar efficacy to carbapenems in the treatment of cefotaxime-resistant E. coli and K. pneumoniae bloodstream infections. (tropmedres.ac)
- Uses/Indications - In the United States, there are no cefotaxime products approved for veterinary species, but it has been used clinically in several species when an injectable 3rd generation cephalosporin may be indicated. (elephantcare.org)
- The Cefotaxime (Sodium) EZ Pak™ is the fastest and easiest way to make a set amount of sterile cefotaxime (sodium) solution. (goldbio.com)
- Cefotaxime sodium is a bactericidal agent that acts by inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis. (nih.gov)
- Serum bactericidal activity against a penicillin-susceptible strain and a penicillin-resistant strain of Streptococcus pneumoniae (amoxicillin and cefotaxime MICs, 0.001 and 1 microg/ml, respectively, and MBCs, 0.01 and 2 microg/ml, respectively) was measured in 12 healthy volunteers who each received an oral 875-mg dose of amoxicillin and an intramuscular 1-g dose of cefotaxime in a crossover fashion. (mysciencework.com)
- Cefotaxime is a bactericidal drug, which inhibits the bacterial wall synthesis of the actively dividing cells by binding to one or more penicillin-binding proteins. (zuchepharma.com)
Active ingredient cefotaxime sodium2
- Cefotaxime (CTX), used as perioperative prophylaxis, demonstrates time-dependent killing and therefore continuous infusion might have pharmacodynamic advantages. (eur.nl)
- it provides many singles doses of cefotaxime for addition to suitable parenteral fluids in the preparation of admixtures for intravenous infusion. (nih.gov)
- A single 50 mg/kg dose of cefotaxime was administered as an intravenous infusion over a 10- to 15-minute period to 29 newborn infants grouped according to birth weight and age. (nih.gov)
- Forty-seven patients received 2 g of cefotaxime as a continuous infusion over 24 h plus a loading dose of 1 g, while 46 patients received the drug intermittently (1 g three times daily). (bmj.com)
- Cefotaxime is injected into a muscle, or given as an infusion into a vein. (emedicinehealth.com)
- Following IM administration of a single 500 mg or 1 g dose of cefotaxime to normal volunteers, mean peak serum concentrations of 11.7 and 20.5 mcg/mL respectively were attained within 30 minutes and declined with an elimination half-life of approximately 1 hour. (nih.gov)
- There was a dose‑dependent increase in serum levels after the IV administration of 500 mg, 1 g, and 2 g of cefotaxime (38.9, 101.7, and 214.4 mcg/mL respectively) without alteration in the elimination half-life. (nih.gov)
- Approximately 20-36% of an intravenously administered dose of 14 C-cefotaxime is excreted by the kidney as unchanged cefotaxime and 15-25% as the desacetyl derivative, the major metabolite. (nih.gov)
- In patients with serum creatinine clearance greater than 424 μ mol/L (4.8mg) or renal corpuscle filtration less than 20ml/minute, half the maintenance dose of cefotaxime is recommended. (lijian-pharm.com)
- In patients undergoing hemodialysis, 0.5 -2g should be given as single daily doses and a supplemental dose of cefotaxime should be given after each dialysis period. (lijian-pharm.com)
- Dr T C. Martin on March went to Philadelphia New York and cefotaxime dose into their place and held by means of a catgut suture. (drandrewbrown.co.uk)
- Insights into the binding of the drugs diclofenac sodium and cefotaxime sodium to serum albumin: calorimetry and spectroscopy. (abcam.com)
- Pharmacokinetics (specific) - Cefotaxime is not appreciably absorbed after oral administration and must be given parenterally to attain therapeutic serum levels. (elephantcare.org)
- Cefotaxime crosses the placenta and activity in amniotic fluid either equals or exceeds that in maternal serum. (elephantcare.org)
- Did the author experience serum sickness while taking cefotaxime ? (druginformer.com)
- Although cefotaxime-resistant salmonellae mainly originate in discrete geographic areas, they represent a global threat. (cdc.gov)
- de Vries H JC , van der Helm J J , Schim van der Loeff M F , van Dam A P . Multidrug-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae with reduced cefotaxime susceptibility is increasingly common in men who have sex with men, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. (eurosurveillance.org)
- as expected, the cefotaxime-resistant mutants had a mutation frequency 10 times higher in response to to ciprofloxacin. (asm.org)
- In the present study we explored the genetic relatedness and resistance mechanisms to b -lactams of 15 cefotaxime-resistant (CTX-R) S.typhimurium isolated in 7 Belarussian hospitals during 1994 - 2000. (antibiotic.ru)
- Cefotaxime is a third generation cephalosporin with a broad gram-negative spectrum, lower efficacy against gram-positive organisms, and higher efficacy against resistant organisms. (medscape.com)
- This is not a complete list of cefotaxime drug interactions. (rxwiki.com)
- Cefotaxime binds to 1 or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibit the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death. (mims.com)
- Cefotaxime binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death. (drugsupdate.com)
- Give cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, or chloramphenicol to patients who are allergic to penicillin. (medscape.com)
- It is worth remarking that these exacerbations included patients with radiological infiltrates, and that intravenous cefotaxime is not first line treatment in uncomplicated exacerbations of COPD. (bmj.com)
Davis's Drug Guide1
- cefotaxime is a topic covered in the Davis's Drug Guide . (unboundmedicine.com)
Values for cefotaxime1
- 0.002) AUC/MIC and peak level/MIC values for cefotaxime. (mysciencework.com)
Resistance to cefotaxime1
- The emergency of resistance to cefotaxime may complicate treatment. (healthdirect.gov.au)
Treatment with cefotaxime1
- A logistic regression analysis showed that treatment with cefotaxime was still associated with a higher response rate after adjusting for several potential confounding factors. (annals.org)
Ceftriaxone and cefotaxime1
- carried out a comparative study between ceftriaxone and cefotaxime on the emergence of AmpC hyperproducing enterobacteria (HL-CASE). (centerwatch.com)
- Cefotaxime may be used for the prevention of post-operative infection in obstetrical surgery, vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy and biliary surgery. (healthdirect.gov.au)
- Cefotaxime is also used to prevent infection in people having certain types of surgery. (emedicinehealth.com)
- Cefotaxime will not treat a viral infection such as the flu or a common cold . (emedicinehealth.com)
- We aimed to compare outcomes between patients treated with BLBLIs and carbapenems for bloodstream infection (BSI) caused by cefotaxime non-susceptible (likely ESBL- or AmpC β-lactamase-producing) Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae.All adult patients with a BSI caused by cefotaxime non-susceptible E. coli or K. pneumoniae were included from May 2012-May 2013. (tropmedres.ac)
- avoid cefotaxime doses >6g/day. (cancertherapyadvisor.com)
- In addition, the hypothesis is that, contrary to current data, cefotaxime is found at sufficiently high concentrations in the feces to have an impact on the microbiota equivalent to that of ceftriaxone, despite less significant biliary elimination. (centerwatch.com)
- A mixed culture of an hypermutable hexA Streptococcus pneumoniae mutant strain and its hexA + isogenic ancestor was challenged with low cefotaxime concentrations. (asm.org)
- Despite identical original cefotaxime MICs, the hexA mutant population was significantly selected at very low concentrations, and all of the tested selected variants harbored the Thr550→Ala mutation in pbp2x . (asm.org)
- A competition model-system was established here to test whether subinhibitory cefotaxime concentrations were able to select a hypervariable hexA mutant S. pneumoniae population over its isogenic hexA + ancestor and also to determine the reasons and possible consequences of this selective event. (asm.org)
- The concentrations of cefotaxime in the cord blood ranged from 0.5 to 8.5 mg/liter. (asm.org)
- Cefotaxime also is distributed into milk in low concentrations. (elephantcare.org)
- A 30-year-old woman received cefotaxime, fosfomycin and ciprofloxacin for sinusitis. (semanticscholar.org)
- Based on the susceptibility and conjugation experiment results, previously described PCR methods were employed to detect sequences homologous to qnr and bla CTX-M suspected to be involved in the reduced susceptibility to ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime, respectively. (oup.com)
- A total of 38 drugs (338 brand and generic names) are known to interact with cefotaxime . (drugs.com)
- All commonly used IV fluids and the following drugs are reportedly compatible with cefotaxime: metronidazole and verapamil. (elephantcare.org)
- These drugs may interact and can change the course of medicine therefore do not use it with cefotaxime. (gdycc.org)
- Cefotaxime, also known as CTX or cefotaxim hikma, belongs to the class of organic compounds known as cephalosporin 3'-esters. (hmdb.ca)
- Read the side effects of Cefotaxime as described in the medical literature. (medindia.net)
- This is not a complete list of cefotaxime side effects. (rxwiki.com)
- Serious side effects have been reported with cefotaxime. (rxwiki.com)
- This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with cefotaxime. (emedtv.com)
- Some side effects of cefotaxime are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. (emedtv.com)
- untary efforts of the mother accomplish but little the child is doubled on cefotaxime sodium cefotaxime side effects a question of pathology and this is the reason why that paper hour or two after the pack the temperature dropped. (drandrewbrown.co.uk)
- In adults, the empirical use of cefotaxime should be restricted to patients suspected of having meningitis caused by Gram negative enteric bacilli. (healthdirect.gov.au)
- Thus, this research project, by focusing on these 5 parameters in patients treated with ceftriaxone or cefotaxime, should make it possible to prove the influence of these antibiotherapies on the carriage of BMR (deleterious action on the diversity and the quantity of the intestinal bacterial flora, resulting in an increase in the relative fecal abundance of these BMRs promoting their carriage). (centerwatch.com)
- Group I comprised of 39 nasal carriers who had TCCs (n = 41) "locked" with cefotaxime/heparin while group II included 43 patients with TCCs (n = 47) filled with standard heparin. (ivteam.com)
- In a prospective randomized study 39 urological patients with complicated and/or hospital acquired UTI were treated with 1 g aztreonam or cefotaxime iv twice daily for 4 to 15 days. (uni-regensburg.de)
- Cure was obtained in 5 out of 18 patients in the aztreonam and 7 out of 20 patients in the cefotaxime group. (uni-regensburg.de)
- There were 3 superinfections, 7 relapses and 3 reinfections in the aztreonam group and 1 failure, 1 superinfection, 6 relapses and 5 reinfections in the cefotaxime group. (uni-regensburg.de)
- The com paper if the spores are suspected of being dark colored or cefotaxime mechanism of action left. (drandrewbrown.co.uk)
- For confirmation of ESBL production ceftazidime (30ug), ceftazidime + clavulanic acid combination disc (30/10ug) manufactured by HiMedia and cefotaxime (30ug) + cefotaxime clavulanic acid (30/10ug) prepared in laboratory were used. (thefreedictionary.com)
Discovered in 19762
- Cefotaxime with NDC 0143-9931 is a a human prescription drug product labeled by West-ward Pharmaceuticals Corp. The generic name of Cefotaxime is cefotaxime. (ndclist.com)
- Despite their similar spectrum of action, it should be noted that they have substantially different pharmacokinetic properties, especially with regard to their half-life and their elimination routes (mainly urinary for cefotaxime, mixed: biliary and urinary for ceftriaxone). (centerwatch.com)
- While regional susceptibilities must always be considered, cefotaxime typically is effective against these organisms (in addition to many others): Staphylococcus aureus (not including MRSA) and S. epidermidis Streptococcus pneumoniae and S. pyogenes Escherichia coli Haemophilus influenzae Neisseria gonorrhoeae and N. meningitidis Klebsiella spp. (wikipedia.org)
- Cefotaxime is partially metabolized by the liver to desacetylcefotaxime which exhibits some antibacterial activity. (elephantcare.org)
- Furthermore, the net secretory component of cefotaxime renal clearance (CLsec ) was reduced in volunteers heterozygous for the variant allele [33.3 ± 31.8 mL/min (mean ± SD)] compared with volunteers homozygous for the OAT3 reference allele [97.0 ± 42.2 mL/min (mean ± SD), p = 0.01]. (nih.gov)
- Cefotaxime has renal excretion and therefore preferred over ceftriaxone. (medicowesome.com)