Protein-lipid combinations abundant in brain tissue, but also present in a wide variety of animal and plant tissues. In contrast to lipoproteins, they are insoluble in water, but soluble in a chloroform-methanol mixture. The protein moiety has a high content of hydrophobic amino acids. The associated lipids consist of a mixture of GLYCEROPHOSPHATES; CEREBROSIDES; and SULFOGLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDS; while lipoproteins contain PHOSPHOLIPIDS; CHOLESTEROL; and TRIGLYCERIDES.
Biography as Topic
Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
In the late Middle Ages barbers who also let blood, sold unguents, pulled teeth, applied cups, and gave enemas. They generally had the right to practice surgery. By the 18th century barbers continued to practice minor surgery and dentistry and many famous surgeons acquired their skill in the shops of barbers. (From Castiglioni, A History of Medicine, 2d ed, pp402, 568, 658)
Condition in which no acceleration, whether due to gravity or any other force, can be detected by an observer within a system. It also means the absence of weight or the absence of the force of gravity acting on a body. Microgravity, gravitational force between 0 and 10 -6 g, is included here. (From NASA Thesaurus, 1988)
He has written for 10 years for various publications including The New York Times, The New Yorker, Surface, and Interview. He ... "The Standard in West Hollywood Closes After 22 Years, and Other News". Surface. Retrieved March 9, 2021. "Art Industry News: ... 14 Black Contemporary Artists And Curators You Should Know Surface: The Standard in West Hollywood Closes After 22 Years, and ...
Surface, curated by Sean Kelly. Carnegie Gallery, Hobart. 2012 Maeve Woods: Recent paintings. Venues. Watters Gallery. (20 May ... Retaining an interest in the surface since those early lessons with George Bell, much of Woods' work concerns itself with ... Kelly, Seán; Woods, Maeve (2012). Surface. Hobart, Tasmania: Carnegie Gallery. ISBN 9780646571225.CS1 maint: date and year ( ... using borrowed images and surfaces to explore the natural world around her. Since 1998 Woods has been living and working in ...
"Paola Navone." SURFACE. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2015. "Paola Navone." Paola Navone. Gervasoni SpA, n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2015. ... "Paola Navone." SURFACE. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2015. Hughes, Dana Tomic. "PAOLA NAVONE'S APARTMENT IN PARIS." YellowTrace.com ...
Snyder, Robert Edward (1980). "The Cotton Holiday Movement in the South". Surface. Syracuse University. Retrieved January 13, ...
"Surface Travel Awards 2017". Surface Mag. 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2019-11-18. "Rimowa Electronic Tag". We Love Ad. 2017-02-10. ... "How Rimowa Got its Groove". Surface. Sep 21, 2019. "LVMH to Take 80% Stake in German Luggage Brand RIMOWA". New York Times. Oct ... "Take a Look at The Best New Luggage of The Year". Surface. 2019-10-03. Retrieved 2019-11-18.. ... this time featuring Supreme's spider web design anodized into the aluminium surface of the RIMOWA Original cases. Available in ...
"David Korins, 2019 Oscars Set Designer, Creates a Cloud of Majesty". SURFACE. 2019-02-24. Retrieved 2020-05-22. Block, Fang. " ...
Marcos Rojkind Matlyuk
SURFACE. Retrieved 26 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Marcos Rojkind, MD, PhD". Einstein/Montefiore ... the role of laminins in the cell surface adhesion proteins in the amalgamation of tumor invasion and metastasis" Rojkind ...
"The Story Behind Amoako Boafo's Deeply Personal Collection With Dior". SURFACE. 2020-07-17. Retrieved 2021-03-13. "Amoako ...
Ward, Timothy J. (September 2003). "Blue Notes". Surface. PDF (43). "Marepe". Time Out New York. Retrieved 12 August 2017. ...
"Francesca Amfitheatrof Questions the Emotion of Jewelry with Thief & Heist". SURFACE. 2019-05-22. Retrieved 2020-01-09.. ...
In an interview with Surface magazine, she said "I'm not at all interested in entertainment. I'm really interested in energy ... "Solange Knowles Is Not a Pop Star". SURFACE. January 11, 2018. Archived from the original on November 1, 2020. Retrieved ...
"Renaissance Plan - SURFACE". SURFACE. November 16, 2016. Retrieved September 20, 2017. "NYCEDC Launches Urbantech NYC to ...
Levine, Sasha (2017-08-07). "Steve Guttman Is the Art World's Consummate Concierge". Surface. Retrieved 2017-10-15. Crow, Kelly ...
"Don't Want No Scrubs? #WearFIGS". SURFACE. 2019-12-05. Retrieved 2021-04-15. Raphael, Rina (2018-07-06). "Female founders give ...
List of works by Zaha Hadid
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "There's Nothing Understated about Vladislav Doronin". Surface. 2016-08-03. Retrieved 8 ...
John Austin Meyer
"Surface". Syracuse University Archives. Fall 2006. Saint Mary's Catholic High School 1937 Yearbook. Ancestry.com. 1937. p. 31. ...
Surface. ISSN 1091-806X. came to New York in '93 to study dance, but switched to fashion at FIT and Parsons "Impulstanz Artist ...
Mark Foster Gage
Gage was described as "the Most Prolific Architect of Buildings That Don't Exist" in the title for a Surface Magazine article ... "Mark Foster Gage is the Most Prolific Architect of Buildings That Don't Exist". SURFACE. 2019-12-13. Retrieved 2021-04-08. ... W. W. Norton & Company, 2011 Composites, Surfaces and Software: High Performance Architecture, with Greg Lynn. Yale School of ... Surface, and a recent twenty-five page feature in A+U. Television coverage of his work has aired on PBS, Fox, and MTV, and he ...
Surface. Retrieved September 20, 2020. ""SCAD President and Founder Paula Wallace Releases Memoir", Savannah Business Journal ...
Anthology Resource Vol. 1
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Chen, Min (September 15, 2017). "How Twin Peaks Got Its Super Creepy Sound". Surface. ...
In August 2016, Doronin was included in Surface Magazine's Power 100 list of prominent individuals, including 15 in real estate ... Vladislav Doronin's Personal Website Surface Magazine Interview GQ Magazine Interview Missioni Baia Una Residences 830 Brickell ... BAILEY, SPENCER (3 August 2016). "THERE'S NOTHING UNDERSTATED ABOUT VLADISLAV DORONIN". Surface. Retrieved 31 August 2016. "15 ...
"The Garage Sales That Influenced Misha Kahn". SURFACE. 2019-05-18. Retrieved 2019-08-02. "Why Artist and Designer Misha Kahn Is ...
As she told Surface in 2017, "I think a lot of art is inaccessible to regular people," she says. "They don't feel worthy of it ... "Star Montana is a Straight Shooter". SURFACE. 2017-02-20. Retrieved 2019-03-09.. ...
Surface! (1953) Bury the Past (1954) Old Moke (1954) No Man's Mistress (1955) A Wren Called Smith (1957) The White Men Sang ( ... Alexander Fullerton's first novel, Surface! - based on his experiences in Seadog - was published in 1953. It became an ...
... surfaces, and furniture Cartesian Wax surface Raycounting, multiply lit Pneuma 2 G3DP printed glasswork Wearables, machines, ... She has appeared on the covers of Fast Company, Wired UK, ICON, and Surface magazine. Her work is mentioned as an inspiration ... In 2015, she designed Gemini, a large chaise longue combining a milled wood shell with a 3D-printed surface. Both the outer ... Experiments with the silkworms identified how they would respond to different surfaces, and what would encourage them to spin ...
Surface. Retrieved January 2, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Sujata Burman (October 8, 2018). "The Design Museum ...
"Put Onstage, This Understated Textile Steals the Show". SURFACE. 2017-09-13. Retrieved 2020-05-10. "Mimi Jung - John Michael ...
Besides surface qualities, such as rough and smooth, dull and shiny, hard and soft, textiles also includes colour, and, as the ... "A New Exhibition Explores Anni Albers' Textile Art". SURFACE. 2019-09-04. Retrieved 2019-09-20. Nast, Condé. "Listening to ...
"Best of Zona Maco 2018". SURFACE. 2018-02-11. Retrieved 2021-03-14. Sussman, Anna Louie (2018-02-11). "What Sold at Zona Maco ... 2018 Surface, "Best of Zona Maco 2018", Brooke Porter Katz, February 11, 2018 Artsy, "What Sold at Zona Maco", Anna Louie ...
Lowry, Brian (September 18, 2005). "Surface". Variety.com. Retrieved November 30, 2011. "Surfacing with Josh Pate". Mania.com. ... Pate also co-created Good vs Evil, Surface, and Outer Banks. Josh Pate was born in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and is the ... In 2005, he co-created the science fiction series Surface, which aired until 2006. The same year, he also co-directed the Chris ... "Journal Now Interview With "Surface" Co-Creator". SliceOfSciFi.com. Retrieved December 1, 2011. "Chris Isaak - "Please"". CMT. ...
Solid surface - Wikipedia
Solid surfaces are synthetic surfaces manufactured from polymeric materials. Tools. Tools of surface fabrication include ... A surface fabricator shapes and installs functional and decorative surfaces, usually in buildings. Surface fabrication, as a ... A major appeal of solid surface is its impermeability. Solid surface sinks can be joined to the countertop surface with no gaps ... Solid surface is a non-porous low-maintenance material used for surfaces such as countertops. It can mimic the appearance of ...
Surface tension - Wikipedia
Surface tension is the elastic tendency of a fluid surface which makes it acquire the least surface area possible. Surface ... It states that surface enthalpy or surface energy (different from surface free energy) depends both on surface tension and its ... Surface curvature and pressure. Surface tension forces acting on a tiny (differential) patch of surface. δθx and δθy ... If no force acts normal to a tensioned surface, the surface must remain flat. But if the pressure on one side of the surface ...
Surface Phonons | SpringerLink
In recent years substantial progress has been made in the detection of surface phonons owing to considerable improvements in ... EELS Electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) He-scattering Surface dynamics Surface phonons Vibration electron energy loss ... Detailed comparison between experimen- tal results and theoretical studies of inelastic surface scattering and of surface ... With these methods it has become possible to measure surface vibrations in a wide energy range for all wave vectors in the two- ...
Surface Forces | SpringerLink
This monograph is devoted to long-range surface forces sig- nificant far beyond a single monolayer and felt over tens or even ... This monograph is devoted to long-range surface forces sig- nificant far beyond a single monolayer and felt over tens or even ... This book is the first comprehensive monograph devoted to sur- face forces. This fact makes it easier to attract the readers ...
Surface, Season 1 on iTunes
Surface has been praised as a Spielberg-esque otherworldly drama that features appealing characters and heart-pounding ... When Laura (Lake Bell) and Rich (Jay R. Ferguson) return to the surface from the ocean floor, they realize the boat that took ... When Laura (Lake Bell) and Rich (Jay R. Ferguson) return to the surface from the ocean floor, they realize the boat that took ... Surface has been praised as a Spielberg-esque otherworldly drama that features appealing characters and heart-pounding ...
Global Surface Active Agents Industry
Surface Complexation Modelling - Google Books
... clay minerals etc.Surface Complexation Modelling presents the state-of-the-art of surface complexation modelling and suggests ... Applications cover case studies and present consistent surface complexation parameter sets. The model approaches range from ... Surface Complexation Modelling deals with various aspects associate to the modelling of solutes adsorption from of solutes from ... surface charge surface complexation constants surface complexation model surface groups surface reactions surface sites surface ...
Surface - Wikipedia
... the surface of a ball). In fluid dynamics, the shape of a surface may be defined by surface tension. However, they are surfaces ... such as algebraic surface, smooth surface or fractal surface. The concept of surface and its mathematical abstraction are both ... which are physical examples of minimal surfaces Equipotential surface in, e.g., gravity fields Earths surface Surface science ... In mathematics, a surface is, generally speaking, an object similar to a plane but that need not be flat. Thus, a surface is a ...
Surface RT to Japan
The Surface RT, available in more than 20 markets, was recently joined by the Surface Pro. The Pro runs a full Windows 8 build ... Bringing the Surface RT to Japan is in and of itself simply the addition of fresh market to the Surfaces reach. ... The Surface RT marked the start of a new era for Microsoft, bringing it into competition with its OEM and ODM partners that for ... This means the Surface RT is heading to the local market of the very companies that it is challenging in other locales. ...
Sea Surface Temperature | ScienceBlogs
About 20 million people are currently under a blizzard warning, and double that under a winter weather advisory, for a storm moving into the Northeast today and tomorrow, with snow falling though Wednesday. Thousands of flights have been cancelled. Wind will be at tropical storm force, and occasionally, hurricane force, and coastal flooding is expected to be epic. The total amounts of snowfall will be over a foot for a very large area, and well over that here and there, though this is very difficult to predict. This is a strong low pressure system that will gather significant energy from a ...
Surface Reactivity & Catalysis Group
... The Surface Reactivity and Catalysis Group (SURCAT) is one of the RSCs many Interest ... MyRSC Surface Reactivity and Catalysis Group You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a ... To represent those with interests, experimental or theoretical, directed towards reaction processes involving solid surfaces, ...
Sea Surface Temperature & Chlorophyll
Land Surface Temperature. Land Surface Temperature Anomaly. Net Primary Productivity. Net Radiation. Sea Surface Temperature. ... Also, when surface waters are cold, it is easier for deeper water to rise to the surface, bringing nutrients to sunlit areas ... t reach the surface. In places where ocean currents cause upwelling, sea surface temperatures are often cooler than nearby ... These sea surface temperature maps are based on observations by the MODIS sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites. The ...
25.220.10 - Surface preparation
... Including surface preparation for painting, cleaning, scouring, blasting, etc. ... Method for the calibration of ISO surface profile comparators and for the determination of surface profile -- Stylus instrument ... Method for the calibration of ISO surface profile comparators and for the determination of surface profile -- Stylus instrument ... Method for the calibration of ISO surface profile comparators and for the determination of surface profile -- Focusing ...
Surface Hub for Research - Microsoft Research
Surface Hub Questions. Q: Will the Surface Hub work in a flat, tabletop position or in portrait mode? ... Surface Hub news. *The untold story of Microsofts Surface Hub (Fast Company) ... The Microsoft Surface Hub is an exciting, new large-screen pen and touch device that can be used to create new experiences and ... The Surface Hub is designed to be used in a horizontal (landscape) position only, it cannot be used in a flat, tabletop ...
Surface water - Wikipedia
Surface water is water located on top of the Earths surface such as rivers, creeks, and wetlands. This may also be referred to ... The surface water held by dams can be used for renewable energy in the form of hydropower. Hydropower is the forcing of surface ... "Surface-Water Use". www.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2020-04-06. Department of Environment and Natural Resources. "What is Surface Water ... There are three major types of surface water. Permanent (perennial) surface waters are present year round. This includes rivers ...
Duluth WRF Surface Water Temperature
Surface Preparations | Slade Knowledge Base
Smooth Surface, Square Metre, Surfaces, Textured Surface, Tints, Warp, Watercolor Paper, Watercolor Papers. Gesso with Lascaux ... Textured Surface Paper: Watercolour Paper. Watercolour Paper Machine-made watercolor papers come in three surfaces: Rough Hot- ... The beads made visible here create a textured surface area that allow more pigment to penetrate the surface. Double click the ... Hot-pressed watercolor paper has a fine-grained, smooth surface, with almost no tooth. Paint dries very quickly on it. This ...
Surface tension diagrams - Wikimedia Commons
English: In physics, surface tension is an effect within the surface layer of a liquid that causes the layer to behave as an ... Scalable diagram of droplets on a flat surface at various contact angles to illustrate the effects of surface tension and ... Diagram of two soap bubbles sharing a common surface. Illustrates that the three surfaces must always join at 120° angle. ... Illustration of molecular layers of surface molecules for a tiny droplet (left) and a flat surface (right). ...
Surface coating | chemistry | Britannica.com
... when applied to a surface and cured or dried, yields a thin film that is functional and often decorative. Surface coatings ... Surface coating, any mixture of film-forming materials plus pigments, solvents, and other additives, which, ... Polymers for surface coatings. Polymer-based surface coatings can be considered to be two-phase composite materials consisting ... when applied to a surface and cured or dried, yields a thin film that is functional and often decorative. Surface coatings ...
Sea surface temperature timeseries graphs
About the sea surface temperature timeseries graphs. Analyses available. Sea Surface Temperature (SST) timeseries are available ... Since December 2017, the sea surface temperature timeseries are calculated from the NOAA Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface ... These timeseries include ocean surface temperatures only and do not include any land surface temperatures. ... Mean sea surface temperature values are provided for a boxed region around Australia (from 4°S to 46°S and from 94°E to 174°E ...
Average sea surface temperature maps
The sea surface temperature maps are calculated from the NOAA Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature Version 5 (ERSST ... About the average sea surface temperature maps. Analyses available. Annual and seasonal average sea surface temperature (SST) ... The average sea surface temperature maps can be used in conjunction with the trend maps to provide an indication of how a trend ... Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature version 4 (ERSST.v4): Part I. Upgrades and intercomparisons. Journal of Climate ...
Auburn University Surface Science Laboratory
The Auburn University Surface Science Laboratory is devoted to fundamental studies of surfaces and interfaces used in state-of- ... What is Surface Science?. Surface science arose out of the needs of the microelectronics industry in the 1970s. As the size ... Surface Analysis System. A variety of sophisticated ultrahigh vacuum equipment is needed to successfully study surfaces and ... surface is defined as the top 5-10 atomic layers of a material. Experimental surface science involves the use of a variety of ...
Surface-water sources include streams and rivers, lakes and reservoirs, and oceans. For the purposes of the USGS water-use ... Surface-water resources are often evaluated by watershed. The most recent USGS water-use estimates by watershed are in ... Surface-water withdrawals, top States, 2015. [percentages calculated from unrounded values]. State. Percentage of total ... Total surface-water withdrawals were estimated to be 237,000 Mgal/d, or 74 percent of total withdrawals. About 84 percent ( ...
Business Technology & Computers - Microsoft Surface for Business
See why Surface is always the right tool for the job, whatever industry youre in. ... Surface devices are built for business. Mobile, powerful and ultra-versatile. ... SURFACE FOR SCHOOLS Why Surface. Designed for the ways people work and protected by modern security and manageability, Surface ... LEARN ABOUT SECURITY ON SURFACE Surface is designed for remote work. Find remote work solutions for your employees wherever ...
Troubleshoot your Surface Type Cover or keyboard
If the keys or touchpad on your Surface Touch Cover or Type Cover dont respond to typing or touch, try these steps to fix the ... Type Cover for Surface Pro 3. Surface 3 Type Cover. Surface Pro. Surface Pro 2. Surface Pro 3. Surface 3. On the Start screen, ... Surface Pro Signature Type Cover. Surface Pro. Surface Pro 2. Surface Pro 3. Use the Surface Trackpad Settings app to turn the ... Surface Pro. Surface Pro 2. Surface Pro 3. Surface 3. Surface Pro 4 ...
ZORBX Launches New Paint/Surface Odor Remover
ZORBX Unscented Paint/Surface Odor Remover Additive can be used to eliminate stenches like gasoline, oil, cigarette smoke, and ... The ZORBX Unscented Paint/Surface Odor Remover Additive (3.5 oz) is set to transform any latex paint or primer into an ... When added to latex paint or primer, ZORBXs Unscented Paint/Surface Odor Remover Additive (3.5 oz) users will only need a ... The ZORBX Unscented Paint/Surface Odor Remover Additive (3.5 oz) is priced at $14.99, plus shipping. For this price, customers ...
Update for the Surface Book - Surface DTX
Surface Navy SNA Symposium | Military.com
... business and academic communities to discuss issues and challenges pertaining to naval surface warfare. ... The Surface Navy Association is a nonprofit organization that advocates for surface naval forces. Its annual symposium near ... Navy Has Choice: More Ships or Fewer Missions, Surface Commander Says The commander of Naval Surface Forces believes the Navy ... The Surface Navy Association is a nonprofit organization that advocates for surface naval forces. Its annual symposium near ...
Earth'sGroundwaterChemistryHydrophobicCHARACTERIZATIONTemperaturesProcessesInterfacesReactivityCoatingsCharacteristicsCatalytic reactions2017TabletUSGSAtmospheric2018Clean SurfacesExperimentalWatersMoleculesPolystyreneTabletsParticle-surfaceDropletsAdsorptionDustMathematicalPrecipitationArea to voMicrosoft'sPolymerMain1991ClimateTensionRunoffBiomoleculesReproducibleParticlesContaminationScienceDataFluxesOEMsMaterialsHydrologyHydrologicModalitiesMaterialAdhesiveReactionBoundaryErosionMembraneMeasurementsApplicationsEauxHydrophilicTemperature mapsMicrosoft SurfaceTheoreticalMinimalDroplet
- Other occurrences: Soap bubbles, which are physical examples of minimal surfaces Equipotential surface in, e.g., gravity fields Earth's surface Surface science, the study of physical and chemical phenomena that occur at the interface of two phases Surface metrology Surface wave, a mechanical wave Atmospheric boundaries (tropopause, edge of space, plasmapause, etc. (wikipedia.org)
- Surface water is water located on top of the Earth's surface such as rivers, creeks, and wetlands. (wikipedia.org)
- The vast amount of water on the Earth's surface is in the oceans, and only a relatively small amount exists as fresh surface water on land. (usgs.gov)
- The surface chart (also known as surface synoptic chart) presents the distribution of the atmospheric pressure observed at any given station on the earth's surface reduced to sea level. (weatheronline.co.uk)
- The surface radiation budget sums up the downward shortwave radiation (global radiation) and the upward shortwave component reflected by the Earth's surface (reflective radiation), as well the upward thermal radiation emitted by the Earth's surface and the according downward thermal component by the atmosphere, both known as longwave radiative fluxes. (awi.de)
- Surface and groundwater are two separate entities, so they must be regarded as such. (wikipedia.org)
- Estimates are provided for groundwater and surface-water sources, for fresh and saline water quality, and by sector or category of use. (usgs.gov)
- This site contains 25 questions on the topic of surface water and groundwater, which covers rivers and aquifers. (carleton.edu)
- Among the forces that govern drop formation: Surface tension, Cohesion (chemistry) , Van der Waals force , Plateau-Rayleigh instability . (wikipedia.org)
- Many surfaces considered in physics and chemistry (physical sciences in general) are interfaces. (wikipedia.org)
- For a fuller understanding of polymeric compounds , which form the basis of surface coatings, the reader is advised to begin with the article industrial polymers, chemistry of . (britannica.com)
- The Surface Chemistry and Heterogeneous Catalysis Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory conducts research into surface chemistry and fundamentals of catalytic reactions at metal surfaces, metal oxide surfaces and supported metal catalysts. (ornl.gov)
- Leti Surface Chemistry service offers functional chemical interface following your needs. (cea.fr)
- Leti surface chemistry service offers processes on semi-conductors and metals, glass and oxides, polymers and plastics from single component to wafer scale taking into account fabrication constraints and application requirements: low temperature, fast, biocompatible and green processes. (cea.fr)
- The Surface Chemistry Group investigates ways to improve our influence over and understanding of surface species, composition, and structure at length scales that range from the atomic level to the microscale. (anl.gov)
- The Surface Chemistry Group's expertise includes atomic layer deposition and epitaxy, time-of-flight ion mass spectrometry, tunable laser spectroscopy, ion sputtering, optoelectronic and electrochemical characterization, and device assembly. (anl.gov)
- While commercial solar energy conversion is growing at an exponential rate, the basic understanding of the surface chemistry and the optoelectronic processes necessary to develop affordable and sustainable solutions to world's energy need has just begun. (anl.gov)
- Corning high binding surface is primarily hydrophobic with intermittent carboxyl groups capable of ionic interactions with positively charged groups on biomolecules. (corning.com)
- the lower part a scanning force microscopy image of the adsorbed oligomers on a hydrophobic surface. (eurekalert.org)
- Untreated polystyrene has an uncharged , hydrophobic surface to which cell attachment proteins bind poorly. (corning.com)
- The research is expected to involve experimental characterization of atomic and molecular-scale phenomena and properties relevant to surfaces and interfaces within nanoscience. (nature.com)
- The ability to engage in the development and application of new surface characterization tools and plans for use of large enabling facilities for surface and nanoscience at AU, including clean room facilities, electron microscopes and the ASTRID synchrotron will be considered positively. (nature.com)
- In places where ocean currents cause upwelling, sea surface temperatures are often cooler than nearby waters, and chlorophyll concentrations are higher. (nasa.gov)
- These timeseries include ocean surface temperatures only and do not include any land surface temperatures. (bom.gov.au)
- Note that sea surface temperature timeseries are presented as anomalies or departures from the 1961-1990 average because temperature anomalies tend to be more consistent throughout wide areas than actual temperatures. (bom.gov.au)
- Figure 1 shows that the daytime surface temperatures of a portion of San Juan at fi ve-meter resolution are as high as 60°C,and that differences between urbanized and limited vegetation areas are in excess of 30°C. (upenn.edu)
- Global warming is typically measured at the surface, with data from thermometers all across the land areas and sea surface temperatures combined. (scienceblogs.com)
- Sea surface temperatures (SSTs) in August 2016 were up to +5° C warmer than the 1982-2010 August mean in regions of the Barents and Chukchi seas, and off the east and west coasts of Greenland. (noaa.gov)
- Summer sea surface temperatures in the Arctic Ocean are set by absorption of solar radiation into the surface layer. (noaa.gov)
- The long records (sometimes over 100 years) of surface temperatures available from meteorological monitoring stations in the Unites States can be a valuable resource for estimating the magnitude of temperature trends attributable to changes in the climate. (nist.gov)
- To represent those with interests, experimental or theoretical, directed towards reaction processes involving solid surfaces, and especially chemisorption and heterogeneous catalysis. (rsc.org)
- There are many different processes which can lead to a surface being charged, including adsorption of ions, protonation/deprotonation, and the application of an external electric field. (dbpedia.org)
- Using a multidisciplinary approach, both scientists and engineers perform basic and applied studies to better understand numerous hydrologic processes of surface water, such as alluvial fan hydraulics, rainfall-runoff response, flood and volume-frequency relationships in ephemeral streams, water quality in streams and watersheds, sediment and contaminant transport, and impacts on aquatic ecosystems. (dri.edu)
- This book presents major hydrological, physicochemical and biological processes determining the formation of hydro-physical properties and chemical composition of terrestrial surface water. (springer.com)
- At liquid-air interfaces, surface tension results from the greater attraction of liquid molecules to each other (due to cohesion ) than to the molecules in the air (due to adhesion ). (wikipedia.org)
- Page ii - INTERFACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY Series Editor: ARTHUR HUBBARD In this series: Vol. 1: Clay Surfaces: Fundamentals and Applications Edited by F. Wypych and KG Satyanarayana Vol. 2: Electrokinetics in Microfluidics By Dongqing Li Vol. 3: Radiotracer Studies of Interfaces Edited by G. Horanyi Vol. 4: Emulsions: Structure Stability and Interactions Edited by DN Petsev Vol. 5: Inhaled Particles By Chiu-sen Wang Vol. (google.com)
- The Auburn University Surface Science Laboratory (AUSSL) is devoted to fundamental studies of surfaces and interfaces used in state-of-the-art electronics applications. (auburn.edu)
- A variety of sophisticated ultrahigh vacuum equipment is needed to successfully study surfaces and interfaces. (auburn.edu)
- The Surface Reactivity and Catalysis Group (SURCAT) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. (rsc.org)
- Surface coatings include paints , drying oils and varnishes, synthetic clear coatings, and other products whose primary function is to protect the surface of an object from the environment . (britannica.com)
- Most surface coatings employed in industry and by consumers are based on synthetic polymers-that is, industrially produced substances composed of extremely large, often interconnected molecules that form tough, flexible, adhesive films when applied to surfaces. (britannica.com)
- This article reviews the composition and film-forming properties of polymer-based surface coatings, beginning with the polymer ingredients and continuing through the pigments , liquids, and additives. (britannica.com)
- Polymer-based surface coatings can be considered to be two-phase composite materials consisting of pigment particles and other additives dispersed in a continuous matrix of polymer. (britannica.com)
- An emerging market for solid surface is in commercial and industrial settings, where its non-porous characteristics, combined with durability, renewability and formability make it the material of choice for many designers and architects . (wikipedia.org)
- Iron meteorites are generally easier to identify than stone meteorites due to their unusual shapes, surface characteristics, and high density. (skyandtelescope.com)
- The following surface characteristics make irons much easier to spot in the field. (skyandtelescope.com)
- The session is focused on intrinsic kinetics and reaction pathways on surfaces with studies on surface science, modeling and catalytic reactions. (aiche.org)
- Since December 2017, the sea surface temperature timeseries are calculated from the NOAA Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature Version 5 (ERSST v5) data provided by the NOAA/OAR/ESRL PSL , Boulder, Colorado, USA. (bom.gov.au)
- If you live in the European Union and have been hoping that Microsoft would be selling its forthcoming Surface RT tablet in your country or one nearby, rejoice. (thenextweb.com)
- A report published by Nikkei, and brought to our attention by MarketWatch indicates that the Surface RT tablet could be slated for sale in Japan. (thenextweb.com)
- Microsoft Surface Pro: Too Much Tablet? (informationweek.com)
- Yeah, I do think the new tablet form factors like the Surface Pro are stoking vertical app developers. (informationweek.com)
- I guess one question I have is whether or not the Surface Pro could possibly re-ignite the market for mobile, tablet-based apps (based on Windows of course) in certain vertical markets (eg: medical) where an $899 cost is unlikely to hold back purchases. (informationweek.com)
- So, the Surface Pro 2 will likely be more tablet like in that regard. (informationweek.com)
- I'm wondering whether CEO Steve Ballmer and Co. might announce a strategy and/or roadmap for tablet-sized Surface devices this week. (zdnet.com)
- Microsoft has announced a new phase of its channel strategy for its Surface tablet computer systems. (eweek.com)
- The announcement was that Microsoft would be making its own tablet hardware - called Surface - to showcase Windows 8. (forbes.com)
- Although the tablet that became Surface was rumored for a year, they got notice of the real product only at the last minute. (forbes.com)
- For USGS water-use reports, surface water is considered freshwater when it contains less than 1,000 milligrams per liter (mg/L) of dissolved solids. (wikipedia.org)
- Nationally, USGS surface-water data includes more than 850,000 station years of time-series data that describe stream levels, streamflow (discharge), reservoir and lake levels, surface-water quality, and rainfall. (usgs.gov)
- This dataset contains maps of the location and temporal distribution of surface water from 1984 to 2018 and provides statistics on the extent and change of those water surfaces. (google.com)
- Some 40 percent of commercial disinfectants used to clean surfaces are believed to be ineffective in eliminating noroviruses, a group of viruses responsible for more than half of all food-borne gastroenteritis outbreaks. (mercola.com)
- The effectiveness of disinfectants used to clean surfaces at home or at businesses in the food sector is therefore crucial for limiting the spread of these viruses, which affect over 21 million people every year in the United States alone. (mercola.com)
- Experimental surface science involves the use of a variety of novel instrumentation capable of measuring the physical, chemical, electronic, and material properties of surfaces. (auburn.edu)
- Change in the surface temperature of the coastal plain of 1 to 2C and/or a 11 to 33% change in annual rainfall could dramatically alter the distribution of forest vegetation within the Luquillo Experimental Forest(LEF) of northeastern Puerto Rico. (upenn.edu)
- The opening is in the field of experimental surface and interface science on nanoscale systems. (nature.com)
- The Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center seeks to strengthen its program by appointing a Professor to lead and develop research and teaching activities in experimental surface and interface science. (nature.com)
- The highest chlorophyll concentrations, where tiny surface-dwelling ocean plants are thriving, are in cold polar waters or in places where ocean currents bring cold water to the surface, such as around the equator and along the shores of continents. (nasa.gov)
- In polar waters, nutrients accumulate in surface waters during the dark winter months when plants canâ€™t grow. (nasa.gov)
- Also, when surface waters are cold, it is easier for deeper water to rise to the surface, bringing nutrients to sunlit areas where phytoplankton can use them. (nasa.gov)
- Because the vertical layers of the ocean arenâ€™t mixing, nutrients that have built up in deep waters canâ€™t reach the surface. (nasa.gov)
- Permanent (perennial) surface waters are present year round. (wikipedia.org)
- Both in 2009 and in 2015, only 0.4 percent of Dutch surface waters complied with the standards for good ecological status according to the Water Framework Directive. (cbs.nl)
- 2° C relative to 1982-2010) in August 2016 in the Beaufort Sea may be associated with low sea-ice extents and exposure of surface waters to direct solar heating. (noaa.gov)
-  Because of the relatively high attraction of water molecules for each other through a web of hydrogen bonds, water has a higher surface tension (72.8 millinewtons per meter at 20 °C) compared to that of most other liquids. (wikipedia.org)
- The molecules at the surface do not have the same molecules on all sides of them and therefore are pulled inward. (wikipedia.org)
- The minimized number of boundary molecules results in a minimal surface area. (wikipedia.org)
- The concept also raises certain philosophical questions-for example, how thick is the layer of atoms or molecules that can be considered part of the surface of an object (i.e., where does the "surface" end and the "interior" begin), and do objects really have a surface at all if, at the subatomic level, they never actually come in contact with other objects. (wikipedia.org)
- At atomic scale, they do not look at all as a surface, because of holes formed by spaces between atoms or molecules. (wikipedia.org)
- Illustration of molecular layers of surface molecules for a tiny droplet (left) and a flat surface (right). (wikimedia.org)
- Diagram showing the force environments for molecules in a liquid, shown for both a surface molecule and for an interior molecule. (wikimedia.org)
- These tools, based on laser post-ionization of atoms and molecules desorbed by directed energy sources, provide the program with uniquely sensitive methods for trace analysis of surfaces and nanomaterials, and for probing particle-surface and laser-surface interactions. (anl.gov)
- Corning offers a variety of polystyrene surfaces for the binding or covalent immobilization of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and other types of biomolecules for use in microplate-based assays. (corning.com)
- Corning Ultra-Low Attachment surface is a hydrophilic, neutrally charged coating covalently bound to a polystyrene vessel surface. (corning.com)
- Tissue Culture (TC)-treated polystyrene has a negatively charged , hydrophilic surface to which cell attachment proteins bind evenly. (corning.com)
- The Surface line of tablets is a key tool for Microsoft to distribute and popularize not just Windows 8, but Windows itself as a mobile operating system, one that is primed for touch-based user input. (thenextweb.com)
- Granted, these Surface tablets don't have a keyboard built-in, but you can no-doubt accessorize with Bluetooth as many have with iPads. (informationweek.com)
- CES: Might Microsoft talk Surface tablets? (zdnet.com)
- The tablets themselves, except for a beautiful 1080p display on the Surface 2, introduce almost no new features. (extremetech.com)
- Surface charge practically always appears on the particle surface when it is placed into a fluid. (dbpedia.org)
- Surface tension is responsible for the shape of liquid droplets. (wikipedia.org)
- Although easily deformed, droplets of water tend to be pulled into a spherical shape by the imbalance in cohesive forces of the surface layer. (wikipedia.org)
- Scalable diagram of droplets on a flat surface at various contact angles to illustrate the effects of surface tension and wetting. (wikimedia.org)
- As a meteorite burns on its descent through the atmosphere, some of its molten surface forms droplets that move in tiny, delicate rivulets called flow lines . (skyandtelescope.com)
- The restof the comet surface is dust. (space.com)
- Mathematical model reveals role of nucleotide signaling in airway surface liquid homeostasis and its dysregulation in cystic fibrosis. (nih.gov)
-  As a result of surface area minimization, a surface will assume the smoothest shape it can (mathematical proof that "smooth" shapes minimize surface area relies on use of the Euler-Lagrange equation ). (wikipedia.org)
- The concept of surface and its mathematical abstraction are both widely used in physics, engineering, computer graphics, and many other disciplines, primarily in representing the surfaces of physical objects. (wikipedia.org)
- The simplest mathematical surfaces are planes and spheres in the Euclidean 3-space. (wikipedia.org)
Area to vo4
- Surface tension gives them their near-spherical shape, because a sphere has the smallest possible surface area to volume ratio . (wikipedia.org)
- A cell's surface area-to-volume ratio affects the amount of material that can diffuse across the membrane and throughout the cell. (google.com)
- How does the surface area-to-volume ratio of a cell affect the rate of diffusion? (google.com)
- Analyze why a cell's surface area-to-volume ratio would affect its ability to be efficient. (google.com)
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 has received a significant upgrade under the table. (extremetech.com)
- Even though Microsoft's new Surface has a lower resolution screen than the Retina display on the new iPad, one Microsoft engineer has argued that the Surface offers superior picture quality because of "ClearType" display technology. (appleinsider.com)
- Steve Bathiche said Microsoft's ClearType maximizes the "perceived resolution" of the 1,366-by-768-pixel display found on the new Surface. (appleinsider.com)
- Solid-surface manufacturing companies may be members of the trade organizations American Composites Manufacturers Association , ISFA (International Surface Fabricators Association, and ICPA (International Cast Polymer Association). (wikipedia.org)
- Our portfolio includes a wide range of well designs and sizes, polymer materials and colors, and surface treatments, including high binding surface-coated microplates. (corning.com)
- Polymers of one or more radical polymerisable monomers which polymer has pendant groups bearing a centre of permanent positive charge and other pendant groups capable of stably binding the polymer to a surface are useful in the treatment of surfaces to render them biocompatible. (google.com)
- The polymers may contain pendant groups which bind the polymer to a surface by physisorption, covalent bonding or ionic interactions. (google.com)
- Additionally reactive groups in the polymer may serve as points for attachment of ligands to the polymer when coated on a surface. (google.com)
- Electricity has been squeezed from a damp surface for the first time, thanks to a polymer film that curls up and moves - a bit like an artificial muscle - when exposed to moisture. (newscientist.com)
- His main research interests and activities continue to be directed at understanding solution and mineral surface reactions of dissolved radionuclides. (google.com)
- On the surfaces of the chamber containing the EUV light source, where light is collected by a large mirror, and of the main chamber, where light illuminates the reticle, (Figure 1), nanometer to micrometer sized particles may reside. (tue.nl)
- An animation showing changes in global sea-surface temperature between 1991 and 2010, developed through ESA's Climate Change Initiative . (esa.int)
- A recent climatological analysis of the surface temperature of the city has revealed that the local temperature has been increasing over the neighboring vegetated areas at a rate of 0.06°C per year for the past 30 years.This is a trend that may be comparable to climate changes induced by global warming. (upenn.edu)
- Surface radiative fluxes are a key parameter of climate. (awi.de)
- These comprehensive studies will provide better tools for various hydrologic research and management issues including streamflow forecasting, stream corridor restoration, predicting the effects of wildfire on surface runoff and erosion, stormwater management, and understanding impacts of changing land use activities on quality and quantity of hydrologic systems in the growing western US under changing climate conditions. (dri.edu)
- For the short story by James Blish, see Surface Tension (short story) . (wikipedia.org)
- Surface tension and hydrophobicity interact in this attempt to cut a water droplet . (wikipedia.org)
- Surface tension is the elastic tendency of a fluid surface which makes it acquire the least surface area possible. (wikipedia.org)
- Surface tension allows insects (e.g. water striders ), usually denser than water, to float and stride on a water surface. (wikipedia.org)
- Thus, the surface becomes under tension from the imbalanced forces, which is probably where the term "surface tension" came from. (wikipedia.org)
- Surface tension is an important factor in the phenomenon of capillarity . (wikipedia.org)
- Surface tension has the dimension of force per unit length , or of energy per unit area . (wikipedia.org)
- In materials science , surface tension is used for either surface stress or surface energy . (wikipedia.org)
- The spherical shape minimizes the necessary "wall tension" of the surface layer according to Laplace's law . (wikipedia.org)
- Another way to view surface tension is in terms of energy. (wikipedia.org)
- The animation (below) shows water adhering to the faucet gaining mass until it is stretched to a point where the surface tension can no longer keep the drop linked to the faucet. (wikipedia.org)
- In fluid dynamics, the shape of a surface may be defined by surface tension. (wikipedia.org)
- In physics, surface tension is an effect within the surface layer of a liquid that causes the layer to behave as an elastic sheet. (wikimedia.org)
- Illustration of forces on a differential patch of curved surface under tension. (wikimedia.org)
- Graph of surface tension of benzene as a function of temperature. (wikimedia.org)
- Diagram illustrating the forces acting on a needle (or other cylindrical object) floating on surface tension layer of a liquid. (wikimedia.org)
- Surface water can be measured as annual runoff. (wikipedia.org)
- In areas such as California, the California Water Science Center records the flow of surface water and annual runoff by utilizing a network of approximately 500 stream gages collecting real time data from all across the state. (wikipedia.org)
- Relevant research fields could be, but are not limited to, catalysis, electrochemistry, nanoelectronics, molecular self-assembly and biomolecules or cells on surfaces. (nature.com)
- Every assay surface adheres to strict manufacturing standards, process controls, and compliance testing to support consistent, reproducible performance. (corning.com)
- Mucociliary clearance is composed of three components (i.e., mucin secretion, airway surface hydration, and ciliary-activity) which function coordinately to clear inhaled microbes and other foreign particles from airway surfaces. (nih.gov)
- Under flow and plasma conditions present in the tool, particles may be released from the surfaces. (tue.nl)
- Can flow or plasma induce release of particles from the surface or is a combination of both required? (tue.nl)
- Get the latest research available on surface and dermal sampling to assess contamination levels and detect harmful agents. (astm.org)
- What is Surface Science? (auburn.edu)
- Surface science arose out of the needs of the microelectronics industry in the 1970's. (auburn.edu)
- Two approaches include "surface science" studies of model surfaces and "catalytic" studies of high surface area, novel materials. (ornl.gov)
- View a list of all of our science topics about surface water. (usgs.gov)
- The Water Science School has plenty to teach you about the different types of surface. (usgs.gov)
- Here at the Water Science School we have the answers to your questions about surface water. (usgs.gov)
- In a newstudy released today in an online edition of the journal Science ,researchers report that the surface of Tempel 1 ,the comet targeted by Deep Impact, has three small pockets of water ice. (space.com)
- The sea surface temperature maps are calculated from the NOAA Extended Reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature Version 5 (ERSST v5) data provided by the NOAA/ESRL PSD, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/ . (bom.gov.au)
- MadgeTech, Inc., the leader in affordable and reliable data logging solutions, announces the release of the MicroDisc surface temperature probe attachment, ideal for use with the LyoTemp Lyophilization Data Logger. (prweb.com)
- The MicroDisc probe attachment extends the user's data logging capability by enabling monitoring of the surface temperature of shelving and flat surfaces throughout the Lyophilization process. (prweb.com)
- High-resolution mapping of global surface water and its long-term changes (Nature, 2016) and the online Data Users Guide . (google.com)
- But we use the surface measurements to track global warming because we have the data for a long period of time, and those data in turn have been linked to longer running but less precise paleo data. (scienceblogs.com)
- The official NASA GISS surface temperature data is out for the month. (scienceblogs.com)
- A few days ago, NASA released it's GISS TEMP global surface temperature data showing that in that data set September was warm, with the same value as August (which was also warm). (scienceblogs.com)
- The program also established Ingram Micro, SYNNEX and Tech Data as inaugural device-authorized distributors to sell Surface to newly authorized commercial resellers in the United States. (eweek.com)
- As you're working with this data,…remember that selecting the contours…is not the same as selecting the surface itself. (lynda.com)
- Advance exchange of surface water data between Germany and France in the cross-border area of the Rhine/Rhin river, such that participants can dynamically and transparently access the data and utilize it with their respective information systems. (opengeospatial.org)
- Establish a limited surface water feature model and vocabularies suitable for the provision of surface water data using WaterML 2.0. (opengeospatial.org)
- We hope that surface reconstruction practitioners will find the data useful for evaluating their own reconstruction algorithms, and furthering the development of the field. (utah.edu)
- Airway surface hydration is maintained by water fluxes driven predominantly by active chloride and sodium ion transport. (nih.gov)
- On December 30, his bio was updated with this line: "In addition, he is responsible for Surface Computing , PC Hardware, and a variety of partner engagement programs such as WinHEC, the Logo programs for hardware and systems, and direct engineering engagements with OEMs, IHVs and ISVs. (zdnet.com)
- No one in current employ would go on the record saying anything, but Stan Shih, the retired founder of Acer, felt sufficiently distant from the action to say that Surface was just a straw man, a bar-setter, a reference design, an example that would spur the OEMs on to more vigorous innovation. (forbes.com)
- If Surface were a real reference design, Microsoft would have made it available to the OEMs as it has done in the past with other products. (forbes.com)
- Surface coating , any mixture of film-forming materials plus pigments, solvents, and other additives, which, when applied to a surface and cured or dried, yields a thin film that is functional and often decorative. (britannica.com)
- In an embodiment, an article includes a primary surface, and a pattern of spaced dissimilar materials, on the primary surface. (google.com)
- Using world-class tools, this program seeks to develop a predictive understanding of the effects of directed energy sources (ions, electrons, and photons) on the composition, structure, and material properties of surfaces and other materials whose dimensions are of atomic scale. (anl.gov)
- Researchers within the Division of Hydrologic Sciences (DHS) study many aspects of surface water in all environments, but especially in the western United States. (dri.edu)
- We are thus developing business productivity and collaboration apps that take advantage of the Surface Hub's unique modalities for multi-person input, collaboration, and brainstorming. (microsoft.com)
- A concise, superbly illustrated (print + electronic) textbook that brings together a reliable, clear and up to date guide to surface anatomy and its underlying gross anatomy, combined with a practical application of ultrasound and other imaging modalities. (elsevier.com)
- Solid surface is a man-made material usually composed of a combination of alumina trihydrate (ATH), acrylic , epoxy or polyester resins and pigments . (wikipedia.org)
- Solid surface is a non-porous low-maintenance material used for surfaces such as countertops. (wikipedia.org)
- Should the material become scratched or broken, solid surface can, in most cases, be repaired quickly by a certified solid surface repair company or trained fabricator. (wikipedia.org)
- Although solid surface faces competition from natural stone and engineered stone/quartz surfacing, the material is popular in Asia , particularly in residential new construction. (wikipedia.org)
- A surface is defined as the top 5-10 atomic layers of a material. (auburn.edu)
- This course focuses on PBR shading techniques in 3ds Max, using the Physical Material to achieve photorealistic surfaces such as stone, glass, and metal. (lynda.com)
- As the material absorbs water, its end curls away from the surface and the film becomes unstable, so it flips over. (newscientist.com)
- Countertop fabricators typically join solid surface sheets into desired shapes using a two-part adhesive , after which the cured joint is machined flat. (wikipedia.org)
- Although perovskites have been widely used in catalysis, tuning of their surface termination to control reaction selectivity has not been well established. (ornl.gov)
- For example, a surface may be the idealized limit between two fluids (the surface of the sea) or the idealized boundary of a solid (the surface of a ball). (wikipedia.org)
- In this course, learn how to leverage this powerful software to tackle the different types of tasks involved in a survey project, including boundary analysis and creating TIN surfaces. (lynda.com)
- Shield and protect surfaces from corrosion, erosion and abrasion, and extend the life of composite parts. (3m.com)
- The net effect is an inward force at its surface that causes the liquid to behave as if its surface were covered with a stretched elastic membrane. (wikipedia.org)
- This approach permits discrimination of different populations of a cell surface protein: those properly translocated to the plasma membrane from those retained in the secretory pathway or already internalized ( e.g. upon ligand binding). (neb.com)
- Applications cover case studies and present consistent surface complexation parameter sets. (google.com)
- The Surface RT employs Windows RT, an operating system that, while it includes a version of Office, can only run applications from the Windows Store. (thenextweb.com)
- The primary goal of this RFP is to expand the potential applications of the Surface Hub across all aspects of society, from the workplace to the home to educational settings and beyond. (microsoft.com)
- Additional goals are to stimulate and advance academic research on this new platform and to encourage applications of Surface Hub for novel purposes. (microsoft.com)
- Enhance your assay process and performance with Corning assay surfaces for microplate-based assay applications. (corning.com)
- Les eaux de surface, également appelées eaux superficielles, sont constituées, par opposition aux eaux souterraines, de l'ensemble des masses d'eau courantes ou stagnantes, douces, saumâtres ou salées qui sont en contact direct avec l'atmosphère. (dbpedia.org)
- Tôt ou tard, éventuellement après avoir contribué à la vie physiologique de la flore ou de la faune, l'eau de surface s'évapore ou rejoint le cours lent des eaux souterraines. (dbpedia.org)
- The Ultra-Low Attachment surface has a neutral , hydrophilic hydrogel coating that greatly reduces binding of attachment proteins. (corning.com)
- These sea surface temperature maps are based on observations by the MODIS sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites. (nasa.gov)
- The average sea surface temperature maps can be used in conjunction with the trend maps to provide an indication of how a trend compares to the long-term average. (bom.gov.au)
- The Microsoft Surface Hub is an exciting, new large-screen pen and touch device that can be used to create new experiences and be a valuable productivity aide. (microsoft.com)
- We're looking for research proposals that will investigate new ways that Microsoft Surface Hub can contribute to work, learning, communication, and collaboration. (microsoft.com)
- funding is not expected to continue after the first year and that the PIs who are granted the Microsoft Surface Hub Research Awards should therefore make every effort to use the award as one component of a diverse funding base in a larger or longer-running project. (microsoft.com)
- Learn how to plan, deploy and manage Microsoft Surface and Surface Hub devices. (microsoft.com)
- Today we're kicking off the next phase in this plan-the first international channel availability of Surface RT and Surface Pro for our commercial, education and public-sector customers in 17 new markets," said Cyril Belikoff, director of Microsoft Surface, in an Aug. 15 blog post . (eweek.com)
- U.S. resellers have been frustrated over their inability to carry the Microsoft Surface and sell it to customers, according to CRN , which covers the channel closely. (eweek.com)
- Detailed comparison between experimen- tal results and theoretical studies of inelastic surface scattering and of surface phonons has now become feasible. (springer.com)
- This creates some internal pressure and forces liquid surfaces to contract to the minimal area. (wikipedia.org)
- Illustration of contact angle of droplet on surface (both contact angles less than and greater than 90° illustrated. (wikimedia.org)