Glass Ionomer Cements
Organic chemistry methodology that mimics the modular nature of various biosynthetic processes. It uses highly reliable and selective reactions designed to "click" i.e., rapidly join small modular units together in high yield, without offensive byproducts. In combination with COMBINATORIAL CHEMISTRY TECHNIQUES, it is used for the synthesis of new compounds and combinatorial libraries.
Acute Coronary Syndrome
Vaginal Creams, Foams, and Jellies
Medicated dosage forms for topical application in the vagina. A cream is a semisolid emulsion containing suspended or dissolved medication; a foam is a dispersion of a gas in a medicated liquid resulting in a light, frothy mass; a jelly is a colloidal semisolid mass of a water soluble medicated material, usually translucent.
Acidulated Phosphate Fluoride
Anticipatory guidance in infant oral health: rationale and recommendations. (1/364)If appropriate measures are applied early enough, it may be possible to totally prevent oral disease. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that infants be scheduled for an initial oral evaluation within six months of the eruption of the first primary tooth but by no later than 12 months of age. The rationale for this recommendation is provided, although the recommendation itself is not universally accepted. Specific recommendations include elimination of bottles in bed, early use of soft-bristled toothbrushes (with parental supervision) and limitation of high-carbohydrate food intake after teeth have been brushed. (+info)
Chewing gum--facts and fiction: a review of gum-chewing and oral health. (2/364)The world market for chewing gum is estimated to be 560,000 tons per year, representing approximately US $5 billion. Some 374 billion pieces of chewing gum are sold worldwide every year, representing 187 billion hours of gum-chewing if each piece of gum is chewed for 30 minutes. Chewing gum can thus be expected to have an influence on oral health. The labeling of sugar-substituted chewing gum as "safe for teeth" or "tooth-friendly" has been proven beneficial to the informed consumer. Such claims are allowed for products having been shown in vivo not to depress plaque pH below 5.7, neither during nor for 30 minutes after the consumption. However, various chewing gum manufacturers have recently begun to make distinct health promotion claims, suggesting, e.g., reparative action or substitution for mechanical hygiene. The aim of this critical review--covering the effects of the physical properties of chewing gum and those of different ingredients both of conventional and of functional chewing gum--is to provide a set of guidelines for the interpretation of such claims and to assist oral health care professionals in counseling patients. (+info)
Cytotoxicity of a trial resin composite liner containing TiK2F6 on rat dental pulp cells. (3/364)The aim of this study was to assess the toxicological responses of a resin composite containing TiK2F6 and NaF in rat dental pulp cells. Trial resin composite liners were made, containing 3 wt% fluorides (TiK2F6 or NaF). These specimens were immersed in 5 ml of cell culture medium supplemented at 37 degrees C for 24 hours. The eluates were used for the experiments. We judged the cytotoxicity of the samples by the cell viability. The original elute solution was serially diluted and then the medium was exchanged for the dilute medium. The cell viability at 1, 2 or 5 days after commencement of re-culturing was calculated. The viability of cells in the eluate from the resin composite liners containing TiK2F6 and NaF decreased with time. The cytotoxicity of TiK2F6 was weaker than that of NaF at all times. (+info)
Inhibition of carious lesions in vitro around gallium alloy restorations by fluoride releasing resin-ionomer cement. (4/364)A new fluoride releasing resin-ionomer cement was used for bonding of gallium alloy restorations in vitro. Etching, priming, and fluoride releasing resin-ionomer cement were used in the experimental group (ARG), prior to placement of the gallium alloy restorations. Three different controls were used: gallium alloy only (G), no etching, fluoride releasing resin-ionomer cement, gallium alloy (RG), etching, priming, non-fluoride cement and gallium alloy (ACG). The mean shear bond strengths of ARG group to enamel and dentin were higher than those of the three control groups. Artificial secondary caries lesions around the restorations in the experimental group and the control groups were produced, using a strep. mutans culture. The microradiographs were examined for presence of a caries inhibition zone near the restoration. Caries inhibition zones were clearly detected around RG and ARG, but not around G and ACG. The results indicate that the fluoride releasing resin-ionomer cement provided good adhesion and caries inhibition in enamel and dentin. (+info)
Release and recharge of fluoride by restorative materials. (5/364)This study investigated the release and recharge of fluoride by restorative materials. Resin-modified glass ionomers (RGIs), polyacid-modified composite resins (PMCRs) and resin composite containing fluoride were used for comparison of fluoride release. Non-fluoride-releasing resin composite was used as a control. The amounts of fluoride release from RGIs and PMCRs remarkably increased in the citrate-phosphate acid buffer compared with distilled water. The amounts of fluoride recharged in RGIs increased with the concentration of NaF solution, but those of PMCRs exposed to all concentrations of NaF solutions were less than 1.5 ppm. Neither resin composite containing fluoride and non-fluoride-releasing resin composite gave any evidence of recharge. RGIs and PMCRs affected by acid buffer solution could not recharge much fluoride even if they were immersed in the 1000 ppmF NaF solution. The results suggested that the matrix of RGIs and PMCRs functioned as a reservoir of fluoride, but the functions were lost by acid attack. (+info)
Variation, certainty, evidence, and change in dental education: employing evidence-based dentistry in dental education. (6/364)Variation in health care, and more particularly in dental care, was recently chronicled in a Readers Digest investigative report. The conclusions of this report are consistent with sound scientific studies conducted in various areas of health care, including dental care, which demonstrate substantial variation in the care provided to patients. This variation in care parallels the certainty with which clinicians and faculty members often articulate strongly held, but very different opinions. Using a case-based dental scenario, we present systematic evidence-based methods for accessing dental health care information, evaluating this information for validity and importance, and using this information to make informed curricular and clinical decisions. We also discuss barriers inhibiting these systematic approaches to evidence-based clinical decision making and methods for effectively promoting behavior change in health care professionals. (+info)
Study of the fluoridated adhesive resin cement--fluoride release, fluoride uptake and acid resistance of tooth structures. (7/364)The objectives of this study, were to evaluate the fluoride release from fluoridate adhesive resin cement, fluoride uptake into surrounding tooth structures and the effect of their acid resistance. Several specimens were prepared using a plastic ring mould, from extracted human premolars, and prepared from enamel and dentin of the central area of the buccal surface of bovine teeth. The fluoride release rate of fluoridate adhesive resin cement (PN 200) per day was higher than other materials during the 7-day study period. Fluoride released and fluoride uptake by tooth structures was higher in the fluoridate adhesive resin cement. WDX analysis showed the fluoride concentration on dentin contact area was higher than that of enamel after 60 days of immersion in deionized water. The calcium release values were similar for enamel and dentin plates in the various test materials. The present findings indicated the important enhancement of tooth structure acid resistance by fluoridate material. (+info)
Effects of polysiloxane coating of NaF on the release profile of fluoride ion from Bis-GMA/TEGDMA resin containing NaF. (8/364)The aim of this study was to regulate fluoride release from restorative resin containing NaF using N-(beta-aminoethyl)-gamma-aminopropylmethyldimethoxysilane (AMMS) and evaluate factors that regulate fluoride release from the resin. ESCA analysis, FT-IR measurements along with SEM observations demonstrated that a polysiloxane layer was formed on the surface of NaF treated with AMMS. Bis-GMA/TEGDMA resin containing NaF powder treated with AMMS released lower concentrations of fluoride for longer periods when compared with that containing untreated NaF. However, AMMS treatment of NaF was less effective for the regulation of fluoride released from the resin than gamma-methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane (gamma-MPTS) treatment, despite its higher hydrophobic polysiloxane layer formation. These findings may have been caused by the higher density of polysiloxane prepared with gamma-MPTS than that prepared with AMMS. The present findings suggested, therefore, that alkoxysilane should be chosen based not only on hydrophobicity but also the density of polysiloxane to effectively regulate fluoride release from the restorative resin containing NaF. (+info)
Estudos in vivo e in vitro de enxaguatório bucal contendo cetilamino fluoreto: validação de dispositivo usado nos experimentos...
INTRODUCTION Fluoride is an effective anti-caries agent and has been widely studied since it was found to be responsible for a reduction in dental caries. The cariostatic effect of fluoride is primarily due to its ability to decrease the rate of demineralization and enhance the remineralization of early lesions1,11,15,16,26. Amine fluorides (AmF) are organic substances (generally aliphatic amines) that contain bound ionic fluoride and have been used as anti-caries agents for over 30 years. Furthermore, they have shown to possess anti-plaque activity in vitro2,13,17,24 and because of these properties they are used in products such as mouthrinses, toothpastes, gels and other topical fluoride agents4,5,19,21,23. It has been suggested that the amine fluorides exert their effects by binding to the tooth surface, thus inhibiting bacterial adhesion by blocking the adhesion sites and/or altering the properties of the tooth surface3,22,25, besides having antibacterial properties4,19. Data from the ...
Electrical Insulating Varnish, Electrical Insulating Varnish Products, Electrical Insulating Varnish Manufacturers, Electrical...
Electrical Insulating Varnish, Find Quality Electrical Insulating Varnish Products, Electrical Insulating Varnish Manufacturers, Electrical Insulating Varnish Suppliers and Exporters at Alibaba.com.
You can employ Varnish to improve the speed of any website that is hosted on a dedicated server from our company when the Hepsia hosting Control Panel is installed on it. Not only will you get the data caching platform ready for use at no extra fee, but you will also exert total control over it via the Hepsia Control Panels easy-to-use graphical interface. It will take just one click to start or remove an instance or to clear the cached data associated with any website that is using the Varnish platform and in case you are more advanced, you can also view the platforms system logs. Varnish comes with at least 3 GB of system memory for data caching purposes, so even in case you host an enormous number of websites on your dedicated server and they all use the platform, the improvement in their performance will be visible. Youll simply need to wait for a while till Varnish caches whatever web pages the website visitors load on their end. The Varnish platform works best if the websites use a ...
Suppliers of Varnish | Exporters of Varnish | Sellers of Varnish | Varnish Supplies
Varnish - Free to use unique search engine of reliable, genuine and verified companies, suppliers, exporters, sellers, manufacturers, factories, traders, tradeleads of products and services from all over the world.
The Varnish Issue: Strategies for Successful Monitoring and Acceptable Levels
Several obstacles may be encountered when attempting to measure varnish in turbine or rust and oxidation (R&O) inhibited lubricating oils. Despite the recently published varnish potential test...
Varnish | Arachnoboards
I just had my new shelf delivered today. It was painted with varnish a few days ago and still has that varnish smell on it. Would this have any effect on...
4-pack 3M ESPE Vanish 5% Sodium White Varnish
We acquired about the 4-pack 3M ESPE Vanish 5% Sodium White Varnish free shipping stores, product reviews, and coupons over the previous 3 years for you at 4-pack.
robertmanz.net: December 2010
What do I know? I know I like to make mistakes, and I know I like to make them by myself. All the varnishing I do today came from an utterly absurd mistake I once made......the paper and the print looked just so stupid with the wet varnish all over and through .....you could almost see right through to the other side. Everyone knows that varnish is supposed to sit on the surface of the art....but to soak right through the paper ??? This was truly absurd, a definite failure of a try ...
Applying fluoride varnish to the teeth is one of the easiest ways to prevent tooth decay and keep small cavities from getting bigger. Fluoride varnish is painted on the teeth and hardens as soon as saliva touches it. It can be applied as soon as babies get their first teeth. Learn more about fluoride varnish by viewing this fact sheet. Many babies and young children get fluoride varnish at the doctors office during routine check-ups. Doctors and some nurses can be trained to check the oral health of their patients and apply fluoride varnish. Smiles for Life, developed by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, is a Web-base self study oral health curriculum designed for primary care clinicians. One of its seven modules covers the use of fluoride varnish. Continuing education credits are available.. Reimbursement for Medical Providers for the Application of Fluoride Varnish for Children Enrolled in Medicaid. ...
Fluorinze 100ml | Antibacterial Fluoride Mouth Rinse | Pearlie White
WHY WE MADE THIS Can a mouth rinse really make a difference? Yes, it can - if it's Fluorinze™ Antibacterial Alcohol Free Fluoride Mouth Rinse. Gentle and safe for ev
Fluoride Action Network | Induction of apoptosis in rabbit oral mucosa by 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride gel
Applying of 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel to prevent caries in children has become very popular among dental practitioners. When applied to dental surfaces, however, APF often comes into contact with the oral mucosa. Due to the possibility of local toxic effect, we aimed to investigate the effects of APF on rabbit oral mucosa. Rabbits were sacrificed 1, 5 and 8 days after topical application of 1.23% APF on the oral buccal mucosa for 4 min. The nuclei with DNA strand breaks of the basal epithelial cell layer was estimated using terminal-deoxynucleotidyl-transferase-mediated deoxyuridine-triphospate-biotin nick end labeling (TUNEL). Epithelial cells were analyzed by transmission electron microscopy. The number of basal epithelial cells with DNA strand breaks increased with time in rabbits treated with 1.23% APF. Transmission electron microscopy revealed evidence of apoptosis in the parabasal and basal epithelial cells showed, with loss of cell-to-cell contact, nuclear chromatin ...
Looking On The Bright Side of Services - Beauty Tips and Trick
Why It Is Beneficial to Use Fluoride Varnish. Over the years, experts in dentistry have developed various solutions that are aimed at improving dental health. Youre going to realize that one of the methods that are utilized by many dental practitioners in providing dental care for their clients is the use of the fluoride varnish. So that you know what fluoride varnish is, you should think of it as a highly concentrated form of fluoride that is used to treat many dental conditions. This article is going to help you discover more about the top advantages of using the fluoride varnish. One of the top advantages of using the fluoride varnish is that you will encounter fewer restrictions by using it compared to other conventional products that you would alternatively use to treat dental conditions. The fluoride varnish offers you lesser restrictions because it quickly dries off soon after you have applied it and this means that it will not get destroyed due to the wear and tear when you are eating ...
Fluoride Action Network | The dirt on fluoride
Doctor, Id suggest fluoride treatment to protect your teeth, my dentist said.. I agreed. After all, Id been told since I was knee-high that fluoride prevents cavities. Ive also used fluoride toothpaste for years.. But I recently decided to research this topic to see if there was a downside to this treatment. Now I know why Montreal males are better lovers than those in Toronto.. William, a 3-year-old Brooklyn boy, had his first dental checkup in 1974. Fluoride gel was spread over his teeth.. Following that he was handed a glass of water by the dental hygienist who failed to inform him to swish the solution in his mouth and spit it out. Instead, he drank the water and a few hours later he was dead from fluoride poisoning. Fluoride is an acute toxin with a rating higher than lead.. Next, I discovered that 98% of Europe is fluoride-free. Sweden, Germany, Norway, Holland, Denmark and France stopped using fluoridation over 25 years ago. These are not backward nations.. In 1980, a New Zealand ...
Will modern caries management reduce restorations in dental practice?<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Will modern caries management reduce restorations in dental practice?. AU - Benn, Douglas. AU - Meltzer, M. I.. PY - 1996/9. Y1 - 1996/9. N2 - Dentists have difficulty diagnosing caries presence and activity. Modern caries management suggests that lesions in low risk patients should not be restored until the radiolucency extends into the outer third of interproximal dentin. Even stained fissures need not be restored in the absence of occlusal dentin radiolucency. If this standard were adopted, what affect would it have on the amount of operative treatment delivered? This report created a model to forecast the change in work volume caused by new caries management strategies. The model considered two identical groups of 1,000 adult teeth with a normal distribution of 1,000 radiographic lesions in each group. Group I would have all lesions restored at baseline, but Group II would have only lesions in the dentin restored. Each year for ten years the model forecasts the number of ...
A Comparative Quantitative & Qualitative Assessment in Orthodontic Treatment of White Spot Lesion Treated With 3 Different...
Within the limitations of the study, it can be concluded that all the three remineralizing agents used in the study could effectively remineralize artificial enamel caries and showed improvement in color change and fluoresence as compared to the baseline. Therefore they can be effectively used for t …
White Spot Lesions: A New Topographic Classification - Dental News
Enamel demineralization is frequently encountered in dental practice. Histologically, hypomineralization is the common feature and several etiologies stand behind their clinical appearance. Recently, resin infiltration technique was introduced to mask these enamel lesions.
Toothpaste - Oral Care - Beauty & Personal Care
natural and organic toothpaste no fluoride sls free products include xylitol toothpaste, miessence toothpaste, kiss my face organic toothpaste, tea tree toothpaste from desert essence, peelu toothpaste and eco-dent toothpaste powder.
Preventech Dental Products
Did you know that 46 out of 50 States provide Medicaid reimbursement for Physicians for dental preventive services including Fluoride Varnish? Check out this article from the Pew Charitable Trust site entitled: Reimbursing Physicians for Fluoride Varnish Worth the read. Fluoride varnish applied at primary medical care visits can reduce decay rates by one-third, and lead to significant […]. Read More ...
Caries Prevention Partnership | FDI World Dental Federation
The Caries Prevention Partnership strives to reduce the burden of dental caries by focusing on prevention rather than restorative care.
Theodent toothpaste claims to be able to out perform any fluoride toothpaste. We take a close look at the Theodent range of toothpastes to find out more.
The Hygiene Perspective: Fluoride Varnish - Not Just for Kid
A fast, simple tool for dentists and hygienists in the fight against caries in both children and adults, and-in some cases-a desensitizing and remineralizing agent.
Labrada ReCHARGE! Post-Workout Review - Refuel, Rehydrate, and Recover! - Best 5 Supplements
Where else can you find a post-workout product which maximizes the untapped potenial of Karbolyn and glycerol?. Despite the absence of protein, Labrada ReCHARGE! can help you put on lean muscle mass because these two ingredients can help pull water in. This facilitates nutrient absorption and wards off fatigue.. Needless to say, youll be as fresh as a daisy for your upcoming workouts. Labrada ReCHARGE also has 3.5 grams per serving of the BCAA leucine, which is known for its protein synthesis and muscle growth abilities.. Nevertheless, we feel it would be better - much better - for you to consume a whey protein shake together with this product to help you achieve your post-workout goals.. The leucine content is fine, but you need around 20 to 25 grams of post-workout protein to maximize your results. Your muscles desperately need protein after all the stress you put them through.. On the other hand, Labrada ReCHARGE!s absence of fats, cholesterol, and sugar comes as a pleasant surprise. We ...
NRG APF Gel Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com
Learn about the potential side effects of NRG APF Gel (fluoride). Includes common and rare side effects information for consumers and healthcare professionals.
Caries / Cavities | Park Lawn Dental, Etobicoke, Ontario
Caries control focuses on controlling the development of dental decay, or cavities. Caries control is often a focus for our younger patients.
Uncategorized | Cathy Searle - Southern Therapies School - Page 4
by Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield MBBS LRCP MRCS Medical Adviser to Thyroid UK September 9th, 2004. There is a daunting amount of research studies showing that the widely acclaimed benefits on fluoride dental health are more imagined than real.. My main concern however, is the effect of sustained fluoride intake on general health. Again, there is a huge body of research literature on this subject, freely available and in the public domain.. But this body of work was not considered by the York Review when their remit was changed from Studies of the effects of fluoride on health to Studies on the effects of fluoridated water on health. It is clearly evident that it was not considered by the BMA (Britsh Medical Association), British Dental Association (BDA), BFS (British Fluoridation Society) and FPHM, (Faculty for Public Health and Medicine) since they all insist, as in the briefing paper to Members of Parliament - that fluoridation is safe and non-injurious to health.. This is a public disgrace, ...
Emoform f toothpaste: buy emoform f toothpaste 50 gm toothpaste pack online at best price in india | 1mg
Buy emoform f toothpaste 50 gm toothpaste pack online at discounted price. visit 1mg.com to know price, benefits and product information of emoform f toothpaste.
Fluoride Varnish Program in High Risk Elementary Schools | WDG Public Health
Report to: Chair and members of the Board of Health Meeting Date: November 2, 2016 Report Number: BH.01.NOV0216.R18 Prepared by: Dr. Robert Hawkins, Dental Consultant Approved by: Andrea Roberts, Director, Family Health
Recharge Zone IV - Improve Your Health
Recharge Zone was created to break the healthcare mold. We value customer service, individualized treatments, and patient education. No more vague generalized treatments for common issues. I like to combine traditional medicine with a heavy emphasis on health and wellness. Although a new concept we utilize the same supply companies and medications frequently found in most healthcare settings. Our highly qualified staff consists of Paramedics, Registered Nurses, and EMTs we have the same individuals in our office that are out on the front lines every day. Not only do we provide IV therapy but we now have lab services and a promising new primary care office. We provide a one of a kind individualized experience that can only be found at Recharge Zone.. ...
Aesthetics - Recharge Clinic
Medical Disclaimer - The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. Recharge Clinic makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. Recharge Clinic does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, ...
Life Armour - Save 50% on Recharge Focus capsules - Foodstuff Shop 22
Valid from 02/09/2021 09:50:00 to 30/11/2021 23:59:00 inclusive; please do not attempt to use outside of this period.. Terms Apply :- Enter RECHARGE at checkout to receive 50% off recharge focus capsules. Offer ends Nov 30th 2021. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.. ...
Telenor Online Recharge | Telenor Recharge and Top Up by Credit/Debit/Cash Card and Net Banking
JustRechargeIt offers an Instant, Safe and Secure way to recharge your Uninor prepaid mobile & Top Up by Credit/Debit/Cash Card & Net Banking
Varnish (software) - Wikipedia
Varnish stores data in virtual memory and leaves the task of deciding what is stored in memory and what gets paged out to disk to the operating system. This helps avoid the situation where the operating system starts caching data while it is moved to disk by the application. Varnish is heavily threaded, with each client connection being handled by a separate worker thread. When the configured limit on the number of active worker threads is reached, incoming connections are placed in an overflow queue; when this queue reaches its configured limit incoming connections will be rejected. The principal configuration mechanism is Varnish Configuration Language (VCL), a domain-specific language (DSL) used to write hooks that are called at critical points in the handling of each request. Most policy decisions are left to VCL code, making Varnish more configurable and adaptable than most other HTTP accelerators. When a VCL script is loaded, it is translated to C, compiled to a shared ...
Liquitex Soluvar Final Picture Varnish
This is an archival, removable varnish that protects oil and acrylic paintings and allows for the removal of dirt without damaging the painting underneath. When applied as a final varnish it dries to a clear, non-tacky, water resistant, and hard film that prevents dirt and pollutants from contacting the painting surface. Soluvar Varnish is self-leveling and will not hold brush strokes. Its flexible, so it wont crack from temperature and humidity changes, and its also resistant to discoloration. Soluvar Varnish is available as a liquid in 8 oz. and 32 oz. bottles, and as an aerosol in 13 1/2 oz. spray cans. Its also available in both gloss and matte finishes.. ...
Why Use Neem Toothpaste? The Benefits of Neem for Dental Health
Neem is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and analgesic. These properties make it an ideal ingredient for toothpaste. With a neem toothpaste, you can get all the benefits of neem and prevent yourself from the hazards of toxic ingredients of the regular toothpaste.
What Toothpaste Should I Use?
Walking down the toothpaste aisle can be a little overwhelming. There are so many to choose from, and toothpastes really aren t one size fits all. One of the most common questions a dental professional receives on a daily basis is, What toothpaste
Gurney Journey: November 2016
Koushik: 2) You mention varnish in the section on birch panels. You appear to be using some sort of brush-on varnish (made by Richeson I presume) for your finished pieces. In one of your earlier posts on GJ youve mentioned trying the Richeson varnish on paper and having it soak into the surface repeatedly. How would you varnish something that is painted on say, illustration board? Does the clear coat spray work better instead? Additionally, how long do you wait before varnishing (with either brush-on or spray)? I know the emulsion strengthens with time - even though the surface is dry to touch, Richeson says it might take several weeks before the paint film completely sets! ...
Varnish | coating | Britannica
Varnish, liquid coating material containing a resin that dries to a hard transparent film. Most varnishes are a blend of resin, drying oil, drier, and volatile solvent. When varnish dries, its solvent portion evaporates, and the remaining constituents oxidize or polymerize to form a durable
The 2 Best Organic Toothpaste Brands for Baby and Toodlers | BabyDotDot
Read the original post The 2 Best Organic Toothpaste Brands for Baby and Toodlers on BabyDotDot - Baby Guide For Awesome Parents & More. One of the things you need to look at early on is toothpaste. Unknown to many people, toothpaste contains chemicals that may be harmful. In some ways, you could think of…
Patent US20100080892 - Varnish compositions for electrical insulation and method of using the same - Google Patents
A varnish composition for producing an electrically insulative thermoset coating is disclosed. The varnish composition comprises a functionalized poly(phenylene ether), an unsaturated polyester, and/or a vinylester resin. The varnish composition further comprises a reactive liquid monomer and a block copolymer comprising a poly(olefin) block, or a poly(diolefin) block, and at least one terminal poly(alkenyl aromatic) block comprising repeat units derived from an alkenyl aromatic monomer. When cured, the polymers and reactive liquid monomer forms an electrically insulative thermoset that provides superior crack resistance.
Guest column: The science on fluoride | AspenTimes.com
As a homeowner and part-time resident of Snowmass Village, I would like to share the essence of a recent letter that I sent to the board of the Snowmass
Recharge Your Energy - Pillar of Health #3 - Steph Gaudreau
Feeling exhausted and constantly drained? Learn how to recharge your energy during your work day and at night in this informational post. Nobody is going to protect your energy for you, so learn key strategies to do it for yourself today.
2021 Volvo S60 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid Incentives, Specials & Offers in Mechanicsburg PA
1.99% APR applies to all 2021 Volvo vehicles, excluding the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric P8, and is not combinable with Purchase Bonus. APR financing is available up to 60 months at $17.52 per month per $1,000 financed for 2021 models. Offer available to qualified customers that meet Volvo Car Financial Services (VCFS) credit standards at authorized Volvo Retailers. Down payment will vary with APR and credit qualifications. Not everyone will qualify for credit approval or advertised APR regardless of down payment. Advertised financing does not include taxes, title, registration, and license fees. All offers are subject to vehicle availability. See your participating Volvo Retailer for details. Truth in Lending Act Disclosure: Down payment will vary with APR and credit. For example, 1.99% APR with $2,500 down payment provides for 60 monthly payments of $17.52 per $1000 financed for qualified buyers. 1.99% APR for a term of 24 months corresponds to a monthly cost of $42.54 per $1000 financed. 1.99% ...
RECHARGE Figur Fit Muesli(Rosengarten) | BIOFACH 2018
Rosengarten is exhibiting the product RECHARGE Figur Fit Muesli at BIOFACH 2018 in Nuremberg Germany. Search for further products and novelties.
Personal Paraguay Online Top Up | Instant Mobile Recharge
Top Up phones from Personal Paraguay and any other country. Online mobile recharge fast and 100% reliable! Secure payment methods with no hidden costs.
LycaMobile France Online Top Up | Instant Mobile Recharge
Top Up phones from LycaMobile France and any other country. Online mobile recharge fast and 100% reliable! Secure payment methods with no hidden costs.
Speed Bumps Remain for Electric Cars; Incentives Could Recharge Interest
NEW YORK, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Speed Bumps Remain for Electric Cars; Incentives Could Recharge Interest. Interest in traditional hybrids on the...
The All-Electric Volvo XC40 Recharge SUV: The Complete Guide | Ezoomed
Volvo electric SUV. A complete guide on the pure electric Volvo XC40 Recharge compact SUV to include prices, technical specifications etc.
DC Dental | Perfect Choice APF Gel VanOrg 17.5/Bt
All infection control products - including but not limited to, masks, gloves, wipes, sprays - are subject to allocation as necessary. Discounts and price matching are not valid on any PPE items at this time. No returns or exchanges on PPE products.. ...
Toothpaste Ingredients | Beachwood Dental Arts
Toothpaste Ingredients Looking at the label on most toothpaste, it would seem that you need an advanced degree in biochemistry to decipher the ingredient names
Toothpaste Ingredients | Hudson Highland Dentistry
Toothpaste Ingredients Looking at the label on most toothpaste, it would seem that you need an advanced degree in biochemistry to decipher the ingredient names
Dr.Collins BioMin Toothpaste Bundle (3 tubes for the price of 2!) - Dentist.net
Dr. Collins BioMin® Toothpaste now FDA Approved for Tooth SensitivityDr.Collins BioMin® Toothpaste contains BioMin® C, a patented ingredient combination of calcium, phosphate, silica and chloride, that is an integral component of the DR COLLINS BIORESTORE™ Complex. When BIOMIN® C comes into contact with saliva, it crea
What Is Oxygenated Toothpaste? (with pictures)
Oxygenated toothpaste is toothpaste thats infused with oxygen to help clean the teeth and gums. The benefits of using this type...
Buy Lining/Varnish Products online at low price on dentalaaka. All type of Lining/Varnish Dental Cements Products available at best price on dentalaaka.com | Easy Payment, Doorsteps Delivery, Cod Services.
Weleda Toothpaste - Salt - 75ml - Weleda
This toothpaste works alongside your bodily functions to naturally give your mouth a proper clean. The sea salt contained in this toothpaste naturally causes...
List of MeSH codes (D27)
... cardiotonic agents MeSH D27.720.799.113 - cariostatic agents MeSH D27.720.799.180 - cryoprotective agents MeSH D27.720.799.763 ... cariostatic agents MeSH D27.505.696.706.320 - cryoprotective agents MeSH D27.505.696.706.548 - neuroprotective agents MeSH ... cariogenic agents MeSH D27.720.102.223 - cariostatic agents MeSH D27.720.102.339 - dental materials MeSH D27.720.102.583 - ... antiviral agents MeSH D27.505.954.122.388.077 - anti-retroviral agents MeSH D27.505.954.122.388.077.088 - anti-hiv agents MeSH ...
Remineralisation of teeth
Fluoride varnishes were developed late 1960s and early 1970s and since then they have been used both as a preventative agent in ... Cury, J. A.; Tenuta, L. M. A. (2008). "How to Maintain a Cariostatic Fluoride Concentration in the Oral Environment". Advances ... "The Role of Remineralizing Agents in dentistry: A Review". Volume 32, Number 6. 2011. retrieved on 2016-05-22. Moynihan, Paula ... Beltrán-Aguilar; Goldstein; Lockwood (2000). "Fluoride Varnishes: A Review of Their Clinical Use, Cariostatic Mechanism, ...
Many studies on bacterial cells in laboratories have shown the fluoride has many effects on them as an antimicrobial agent. The ... Rošin-Grget K, Peroš K, Sutej I, Bašić K (November 2013). "The cariostatic mechanisms of fluoride". Acta Medica Academica. 42 ( ... efficacy of professionally and self-administered agents". Journal of Clinical Periodontology. 42 Suppl 16 (S16): S256-302. doi: ... looked at fluoride's effects on oral microflora and concluded that fluoride may not solely interact as an antimicrobial agent, ...
Rošin-Grget, K.; Peroš, K; Sutej, I; Bašić, K (Nov 2013). "The cariostatic mechanisms of fluoride". Acta Medica Academica. 42 ( ... Mitchnick, M. A.; Fairhurst, D.; Pinnell, S. R. (1999). "Microfine zinc oxide (Z-cote) as a photostable UVA/UVB sunblock agent ...
... is used in mouthwash products and toothpastes as an anti-bacterial agent proposed to prevent plaque and tartar ... Rošin-Grget K, Peroš K, Sutej I, Bašić K (November 2013). "The cariostatic mechanisms of fluoride". Acta Medica Academica. 42 ( ... Mitchnick MA, Fairhurst D, Pinnell SR (January 1999). "Microfine zinc oxide (Z-cote) as a photostable UVA/UVB sunblock agent". ...
Other agents to prevent tooth decay include antibacterials such as chlorhexidine and sugar substitutes such as xylitol. Xylitol ... Those opposed argue that water fluoridation has no or little cariostatic benefits, may cause serious health problems, is not ... Although fluoride is the only well-documented agent which controls the rate at which cavities develop, it has been suggested ... Cury JA, Tenuta LM (July 2008). "How to maintain a cariostatic fluoride concentration in the oral environment". Advances in ...
Water fluoridation controversy
The scientists or doctors who oppose water fluoridation argue that it has no or little cariostatic benefits, may cause serious ... and human exposure to fluoride and the fluoridating agents of drinking water" (PDF)., citing Götzfried, Franz (2006). " ... variously claiming that water fluoridation has no or little cariostatic benefits, may cause serious health problems, is not ...
Steptococcus Mutans Infections | GreenMedInfo | Disease | Natural
Manuka honey is a potent cariostatic agent. Feb 28, 2018. Click here to read the entire abstract. ... A. princeps may inhibit the cariogenic activity of S. mutans, and may be useful as an anticariogenic agent.May 31, 2019. ... Blackcurrants have the potential to prevent the adsorption and growth of viruses and can act as a disinfectant agent.Nov 30, ... Pharmacological Actions : Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Antimicrobial. Additional Keywords : Biofilm, Natural Substances Versus ...
The effect of cheese on dental caries: a review of the literature. - PubMed - NCBI
Cariostatic Agents. LinkOut - more resources. Full Text Sources. *Wiley. Medical. *Tooth Decay - MedlinePlus Health Information ... Recently, the cariostatic properties of cheese have been the subject of intensive research. Most of these studies suggest that ... The high calcium and phosphorus content seems to be another factor in the cariostatic mechanism of cheese. Both casein and whey ...
Comparison of 18-F Sodium Fluoride Uptake in Culprit Plaques Between Acute Coronary Syndrome and Stable Angina - Full Text View...
Safety and Efficacy of 5% Monolaurin Vaginal Gel Administered Intravaginally for the Treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis - Full...
Probiotics That Moderate pH and Antagonize Pathogens to Promote Oral Health - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Stopping Cavities Study: Diammine Silver Fluoride - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
In Vitro Evaluation of the Remineralizing Potential and Antimicrobial Activity of a Cariostatic Agent with Silver Nanoparticles...
Humans , Anti-Infective Agents/pharmacology , Cariostatic Agents/pharmacology , Metal Nanoparticles , Silver/chemistry , Tooth ... Cariostatic Agents / Metal Nanoparticles / Anti-Infective Agents Limits: Humans Language: English Journal: Braz. dent. j ... Cariostatic Agents / Metal Nanoparticles / Anti-Infective Agents Limits: Humans Language: English Journal: Braz. dent. j ... The cariostatic agents tested were Saforide®, Cariestop®, Ancarie® and Ag-Nano. Sixty-six samples from deciduous enamel were ...
Etiologic factors influencing the prevalence of demarcated opacities in permanent first molars in a group of Swedish children
A case study of multiple-treatments meta-analysis demonstrates that covariates should be considered
manuka honey - PubMed - NCBI
A Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Microbiology, Safety and Tolerability of C16G2 Varnish and Strip in Adolescent and Adult...
Cariostatic Agents. Substances that inhibit or arrest DENTAL CARIES formation. (Bouchers Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed) ... If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe a post on this website falls outside the ... Agents used to occlude dental enamel pits and fissures in the prevention of dental caries. ...
Possibilities of modern x-ray examination methods for diagnostics of hidden dental caries of approximal localization.
Cariostatic Agents. Substances that inhibit or arrest DENTAL CARIES formation. (Bouchers Clinical Dental Terminology, 4th ed) ... If you are a legal copyright holder or a designated agent for such and you believe a post on this website falls outside the ... Agents used to occlude dental enamel pits and fissures in the prevention of dental caries. ...
Ingestion of fluoride dentifrice by a group of mentally handicapped children during toothbrushing.
MEDLINE - Resultado p gina 1
Department of Health | Appendix K - Schedule of Dental Services
Telio® CS - Inlay, 2.5 g Syringe, 3/Pkg - Ivoclar Vivadent
Advanced Search Results - Public Health Image Library(PHIL)
Glossary | Sjögren's Foundation
Cariostatic. Having the ability to help prevent dental caries.. Cartilage. Tissue material covering bone. The nose, outer ears ... Immunosuppressive Agents. A class of drugs that interferes with the function of cells composing the immune system. Drugs used ... Mucolytic Agents. Medications that tend to dissolve mucus. Most patients with dry eye complain of excess mucous discharge. Some ... Anti-inflammatory agents blocking the action of prostaglandins used to treat pain that occur in rheumatoid arthritis and other ...
Fluoride Action Network | Cytotoxicity of the Ingredients of Commonly Used Toothpastes and Mouthwashes on Human Gingival...
Patent US5534244 - Methods and compositions for mineralizing and/or fluoridating calcified ... - Google Patents
The solution also preferably contains a cariostatic agent, a stabilizing agent, and an adhesion enhancing agent. Under the ... The solution also contains cariostatic agents, strontium and tin, an adhesive enhancing agent, oxalate, and stabilizing agents ... As ions diffuse into the tooth, they leave behind the stabilizing agents and into a milieu of higher temperature. This results ... As ions diffused into the tooth, they left behind the stabilizing agents and into the milieu of higher temperature. The ...
Sodium fluoride f-18 / sodium fluoride f-18 FDA New drug application 203247 global drug patent coverage, generic alternatives...
Sodium fluoride f-18 / sodium fluoride f-18 NDA 204464 international drug patent coverage, generic alternatives and...
Fluoride Concentration in Toothpastes Marketed in Pakistan. - Free Online Library
Summary: Efficacy of fluoride as a cariostatic agent is a well-established fact. Last few decades have seen a dramatic decline ... Since in most of the samples MFP is used as fluoridating agent, therefore DCPD has been found as an abrasive which is ... J. A. Cury, L. M. A. Tenuta, How to Maintain a Cariostatic Fluoride Concentration in the Oral Environment, Advances in Dental ... amine fluoride and stannous fluoride have also been used in toothpastes as therapeutic agents for caries control but these have ...
Comparatively Speaking: Fragrances in Nonpolar Bases vs. Water-based Systems
Woodvale Park Dental - Dentist / Dental Clinic in Woodvale
FluoridesDiscusses the cariostatic mechanismsCariesRemineralizationPropolisAntibacterialMechanismsMutansOralRestorativeEffectVitroEffectivenessEffectsCheeseEnamelEfficacyStimulateChelating AgentsAnticaries agentCalciumMembraneCranberryPhosphorusSilver fluorideApplicationInhibitory concentrationsToothTreatmentPotassiumEffectiveAcidProvenSearch
- The drugs Cariostatic Agents and Fluorides have been mentioned in the context of this disorder. (malacards.org)
- Physicochemical perspectives on the cariostatic mechanisms of systemic and topical fluorides. (semanticscholar.org)
- Amine fluorides (AmF) are organic substances (generally aliphatic amines) that contain bound ionic fluoride and have been used as anti-caries agents for over 30 years. (scielo.br)
Discusses the cariostatic mechanisms2
- This review discusses the cariostatic mechanisms of specific cranberry phytochemicals and their potential use as therapeutic agents against cariogenic bacteria in the prevention and control of dental caries. (cranberryinstitute.org)
- PURPOSE: This paper discusses the cariostatic mechanisms of some of the most promising natural products and explores the research directions that are needed to translate the potential of natural products into commercial oral care products for dental caries control. (bvsalud.org)
- Abstract Cariostatic treatment has been shown to successfully arrest caries. (bvsalud.org)
- Sixty-six samples from deciduous enamel were submitted to initial (after pH cycling to obtain initial caries-like lesion) and final (after cariostatic application) MH testing and %MH values were calculated. (bvsalud.org)
- Agents used to occlude dental enamel pits and fissures in the prevention of dental caries. (bioportfolio.com)
- The cariostatic mechanisms of systemic and topical fluoride agents are considered in light of a previously proposed model for the caries process. (semanticscholar.org)
- The aim of this systematic review was to evaluate the effectiveness of titanium tetrafluoride as a preventive or cariostatic agent against caries. (ufrn.br)
- Out of a total of 42 studies found, which assessed possible preventive/cariostatic effects of titanium tetrafluoride against caries in vivo, only 2 were selected. (ufrn.br)
- Fluoride-based varnish is proven to act as antibacterial and remineralization agents that arrested caries progression with minimal side effects. (innovareacademics.in)
- PURPOSE: To determine antibiotic synergy between various bioactive agents in cranberries and Manuka honey against dental caries bacteria Streptococcus mutans and thus explore their potential as an alternative to traditional oral health care. (wichita.edu)
- Various non- fluoride agents are also present which helps in prevention of dental caries. (prosestru.cz)
- This paper reviews about these non-fluoride agents in the prevention of dental caries. (prosestru.cz)
- Various anti plaque agents, and other agents like enzymes have been effectively used as prevention of dental caries. (prosestru.cz)
- Since 1970's researches started to search for non-fluoride agents for the prevention of dental caries [ 12 ]. (prosestru.cz)
- Non-fluoride agents may serve as adjunctive therapeutics for preventing, arresting or even reversing dental caries. (prosestru.cz)
- This investigation was developed to test the various postulated mechanisms of bacterial accumulation and adsorption to tooth surfaces and was a result of current studies on the development of feasible cariostatic agents for caries prevention. (kzoo.edu)
- Fluoride is an effective anti-caries agent and has been widely studied since it was found to be responsible for a reduction in dental caries. (scielo.br)
- Other cariostatic mechanisms identified for natural products include phytochemicals that can inhibit demineralisation and enhance remineralisation thereby beneficially rebalancing the caries equilibrium, and natural non-fermentable dietary sweeteners that can reduce the acidogenic challenge posed by sugar-laden foods or beverages. (bvsalud.org)
- CONCLUSION: Natural phytochemicals hold enormous potential as adjunctive therapeutic agents against cariogenic bacteria in the prevention and control of dental caries. (bvsalud.org)
- However, there are several significant challenges to which future research needs to be directed in order to translate the potential of cariostatic natural products into clinically relevant oral care products for dental caries control. (bvsalud.org)
- It is reported that forms an acid resistant layer in and beneath the complex of resin-reinforced dentin (hybrid layer) due to the continuous release of cariostatic fluoride that stimulates the remineralization of areas prone to secondary caries. (dentaldeal.in)
- Internal MH showed progressive improvement in the enamel remineralization for all cariostatic tested. (bvsalud.org)
- The cariostatic effect of fluoride is primarily due to its ability to decrease the rate of demineralization and enhance the remineralization of early lesions 1,11,15,16,26 . (scielo.br)
- The potential use of propolis as a cariostatic agent and its actions on mutans group streptococci. (innovareacademics.in)
- Alternatively, fluoride may be replaced with other antibacterial and cariostatic agents. (fluoridealert.org)
- They can be divided into "specific" agents, e.g., affecting an identifiable molecular mechanism unique to target cells bearing receptors for that agent, and "nonspecific" agents, those producing effects on different target cells and acting by diverse molecular mechanisms. (nih.gov)
- Strains of Streptococcus mutans , Escherichia coli , and Enterococcus faecalis in brain - heart infusion culture were treated with the cariostatic agents . (bvsalud.org)
- The association of specific bioactive flavonoids and terpenoids with fluoride can modulate the development of cariogenic biofilms by simultaneously affecting the synthesis of exopolysaccharides (EPS) and acid production by Streptococcus mutans , which enhanced the cariostatic effectiveness of fluoride in vivo . (biomedcentral.com)
- The data show that the combination of naturally-occurring agents with fluoride effectively disrupted the expression of specific virulence genes, structural organization and accumulation of S. mutans biofilms, which may explain the enhanced cariostatic effect of our chemotherapeutic approach. (biomedcentral.com)
- All the growth inhibitory natural agents tested showed similar inhibition for both S. mutans and S. sanguinis. (bvsalud.org)
- This article discusses the dental professional's role in formulating a preventive oral health plan: meticulous oral hygiene instructions, dietary counseling, a complement of chemotherapeutic agents and more frequent recall care to avoid oral complications and improve quality of life. (adha.org)
- This study evaluated in vitro the cariostatic effect of 6 restorative materials with and without fluoride release (Fuji II LC, F-2000, Degufil Mineral, Sure Fil and Z-250) associated with a fluoridated and a non-fluoridated dentifrice (Sensodyne Original Formula and Sensodyne Sodium Bicarbonate), on human enamel. (elsevier.com)
- In conclusion, under the tested experimental conditions, the association of restorative materials and fluoridated dentifrice yielded higher cariostatic effect, except for the conventional glass ionomer cement, whose cariostatic effect was not influenced by the type of dentifrice. (elsevier.com)
- This in vitro study evaluated the cariostatic effects of fluoride -containing restorative materials associated with fluoride gels , on root dentin . (bvsalud.org)
- When used in association with the non-fluoridated dentifrice, Ketac-Fil showed the highest cariostatic effect followed by Fuji II LC and the other materials. (elsevier.com)
- Ketac-fil presented the highest cariostatic effect . (bvsalud.org)
- Agents that have a strengthening effect on the heart or that can increase cardiac output. (nih.gov)
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effect of an aqueous extract of Terminalia chebula (a medicinal plant) on salivary samples and its potential for use as an anticaries agent in the form of mouthwash. (isharonline.org)
- The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the cariostatic potential of an ACP containing orthodontic bonding agent adjacent to brackets. (vcu.edu)
- Effectiveness of Fluoride Varnish Application as Cariostatic and Desensitizing Agent in Irradiated Head and Neck Cancer Patients. (ijcpd.com)
- Recently, the cariostatic properties of cheese have been the subject of intensive research. (nih.gov)
- The high calcium and phosphorus content seems to be another factor in the cariostatic mechanism of cheese. (nih.gov)
- Two studies were of good quality, indicating potential for cheese as a cariostatic agent. (quintessenz.de)
- FL-Bond II is a 2-step, self-etching, radiopaque, fluoride releasing adhesive system featuring a unique Primer and Bonding Agent to provide an excellent bond to both enamel and dentin with a secure marginal seal for a wide range of anterior and posterior restorations. (dentaldeal.in)
- the 2nd generation Giomer 2-step, self etching, fluoride releasing adhesive system features a unique Primer and Bonding Agent to provide an excellent bond to both enamel and dentin with a secure marginal seal. (dentaldeal.in)
- Summary: Efficacy of fluoride as a cariostatic agent is a well-established fact. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Agents that are used to stimulate evacuation of the bowels. (nih.gov)
- and 3) the addition of chelating agents to formulations to protect SnF 2 complexes. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- The active anticaries agent, the F- ion, reacted with free calcium in these formulations, forming insoluble calcium flouride, which produced clinically ineffective products. (cosmeticsandtoiletries.com)
- Agents that increase calcium influx into calcium channels of excitable tissues. (nih.gov)
- Chemical agents that increase the permeability of CELL MEMBRANES to CALCIUM ions. (nih.gov)
- SDF, the golden standard for this study, was compared to NSF and PPF, which were made in our own laboratory, to evaluate their ability to release calcium, phosphate, and fluoride ions and act as anticariogenic agents. (innovareacademics.in)
- Cariostatic activity Role in the membrane cell and vital organs (especially the brain) tissues constitution Hence FURDENTYL role as a nutrient besides its anticaries action. (slidegur.com)
- RESULTS: Synergy was demonstrated in two of the cranberry extracts tested with methylglyoxal, the bioactive agent in Manuka honey. (wichita.edu)
- Clinical evaluation of a diamine silver fluoride/potassium iodide as a dentine desensitizing agent: 2-year follow up. (rivastar.com)
- Application of remineralisation and/or cariostatic agents to the surfaces of the teeth. (healthengine.com.au)
- The unique S-PRG filler (Surface Pre-Reacted Glass-ionomer) in the bonding agent has an ideal viscosity to ensure uniform application with optimal polymerization on the marginal area and cavity walls to provide a secure marginal seal. (dentaldeal.in)
- By finding the minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) and the fractional inhibitory concentrations (FIC) contributed by each agent, synergy was determined. (wichita.edu)
- These synergistic combinations are often better treatment options because individual agents may not have sufficient antimicrobial action to be effective when used alone. (wichita.edu)
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE and potassium hydroxide are the most widely used caustic agents in industry. (nih.gov)
- 4, 5 Fluoride is a proven agent in helping to prevent decay. (ada.org)
- Although a large number of mouthrinses are currently available, many of them possess certain drawbacks, which has necessitated the search for alternate agents. (isharonline.org)