Fellowships and Scholarships
Internship and Residency
Education, Medical, Graduate
Electrophoretic Mobility Shift Assay
An electrophoretic technique for assaying the binding of one compound to another. Typically one compound is labeled to follow its mobility during electrophoresis. If the labeled compound is bound by the other compound, then the mobility of the labeled compound through the electrophoretic medium will be retarded.
High Mobility Group Proteins
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
Attitude of Health Personnel
Professional Practice Location
Academic Medical Centers
The career outcomes for doctors completing general practice vocational training 1990-1995. (1/317)BACKGROUND: While much has been published about the career outcomes of doctors who completed general practice vocational training prior to 1990, no evidence is currently available about those who have qualified since that time. AIM: To obtain information about the career paths of doctors who had completed general practice vocational training since 1990, and to compare the results with previously published data. METHOD: Postal questionnaire survey of all doctors completing vocational training during the period 1990-1995 in three regions of the United Kingdom. The study examined current work status, career path since completion of training, desire for and experience of part-time training, degree of difficulty in choosing and following a career, and the degree to which certain factors impeded career choice. RESULTS: The overall response rate was 64.8%, although there was a significant difference between the response rates for men and women. While virtually all responders were employed, with the majority working in general practice, women were significantly less likely than men to be working as principals in general practice, for all cohorts. These results were very similar to those cohorts described in earlier studies. The career paths of doctors only became stable after about four years. Of those working in general practice, about 20% found it difficult to choose their career, and about 10% found it difficult to follow their career. Out-of-hours work was the major factor impeding career choice. CONCLUSION: Although they are taking longer to reach, the final career destinations of doctors completing vocational training since 1990 are no different from those of earlier cohorts. (+info)
Library residencies and internships as indicators of success: evidence from three programs. (2/317)This paper discusses post-master's degree internships in three very different organizations; the University of Illinois at Chicago, the National Library of Medicine, and the Library of Congress. It discusses the internships using several questions. Do the programs serve as a recruitment strategy? Do the programs develop key competencies needed by the participant or organization? Do the programs develop leaders and managers? Is acceptance into a program an indicator of future career success? A survey was mailed to 520 persons who had completed internships in one of the three programs. There was a 49.8% response rate. Responses to fifty-four questions were tabulated and analyzed for each program and for the total group. The results confirm the value of internships to the career of participants. (+info)
Human resource development: the management, planning and training of health personnel. (3/317)The morale of health personnel is fast becoming the major factor affecting both the sustainability and the quality of health care world-wide. Low morale mirrors problems ranging from declining balance of payments allocation to GNP, and a lack of support for the health system from the very top down to the rigid application of national pay, grading and career structures, and the stress of not being able to do the job properly. While many of these and other problems have been voiced again and again in the press and in the academic literature, much of the work on health manpower development has focused on the planning and production of personnel. This has been with the aim of producing specific categories of better-trained health workers with relevant qualifications, resulting in a heavy emphasis on a quantitative output. In this paper it is argued that the management of health personnel, the qualitative aspect of staff development, has been relatively neglected. Unless and until the management of human resource development receives the attention it needs, seeds of discontent, disillusion and dissatisfaction will ultimately lead to national health services losing their competitiveness as employers. The sustainability and quality of health programmes will then be in even greater jeopardy than they are at present. The planning, production and management components of health manpower development have developed haphazardly as verticle activities. A new term such as 'human resource development; the management of health personnel' might help ensure the concept of an integrated process contingent on economic, political, organizational and other important circumstances. (+info)
Determinants of career structure and advancement among Italian cardiologists. An example of segregation and discrimination against women? SCIC Group. Studio Condizione Italiana Cardiologi. (4/317)AIMS: The aim of this study was to analyse the processes through which job, career and research-related choices are determined in Italian cardiology, focusing on characteristics such as productivity, gender and family. METHODS AND RESULTS: In June 1996, a questionnaire surveying individual and career-related data was mailed to all members (8000) of the Italian societies of cardiology. Returned questionnaires numbered 1715 (21.4% of the total mailed), 83% were completed by men and 17% by women. For both hospital and academic careers, advancement in rank was influenced by variables denoting productivity, family and individual characteristics. However, men and women showed slightly different patterns. CONCLUSIONS: Promotion to the upper ranks of the hierarchy was highly dependent upon time (once the effects of the covariates were eliminated). This situation is typical of the internal labour market, that is, in institutions in which staff members are ranked on a hierarchical scale according to formal criteria that are 'rigid' and institutionalized, partially sheltered from competition. Therefore, once a member has gained access to the bottom of the hierarchy, the professional career is 'pre-determined' and seniority has an appreciable influence on promotion decisions; in this context, women appear to be at a disadvantage. (+info)
Women physicians in academic medicine: new insights from cohort studies. (5/317)BACKGROUND: I conducted a study to determine whether women who graduate from medical schools are more or less likely than their male counterparts to pursue full-time careers in academic medicine and to advance to the senior ranks of medical school faculties. METHODS: The rates of advancement to the ranks of assistant, associate, and full professor for all U.S. medical school graduates from 1979 through 1993 and for all members of U.S. medical school faculties from 1979 through 1997 were studied. Cohorts were defined on the basis of the year of graduation from medical school, track (tenure or nontenure), and academic department. Within each cohort, the number of women who advanced to a senior rank was compared with the number that would be expected on the basis of parity between men and women, and 95 percent confidence intervals were calculated. RESULTS: Women were significantly more likely than men to pursue an academic career. During the study period, 634 more women became faculty members than expected. The numbers were higher in the older cohorts than in the younger cohorts. The numbers of women who advanced to the ranks of associate and full professor were significantly lower than the expected numbers. This was true for both tenure and nontenure tracks, even after adjustment for the department. A total of 334 fewer women advanced to associate professor than expected, and 44 fewer women advanced to full professor than expected. CONCLUSIONS: Disparities persist in the advancement of men and women on medical school faculties. However, the numbers of women physicians at all levels of academic medicine are increasing. (+info)
Women in hospital medicine in the United Kingdom: glass ceiling, preference, prejudice or cohort effect? (6/317)OBJECTIVE: To assess from official statistics whether there is evidence that the careers of women doctors in hospitals do not progress in the same way as those of men. DESIGN: The proportions of female hospital doctors overall (1963-96), and in the specialties of medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, pathology, radiology/radiotherapy, anaesthetics and psychiatry (1974-1996) were examined. Additionally data were examined on career preferences and intentions from pre-registration house officers, final year medical students, and medical school applicants (1966-1991). ANALYSIS: Data were analysed according to cohort of entry to medical school to assess the extent of disproportionate promotion. RESULTS: The proportion of women in hospital career posts was largely explained by the rapidly increasing proportion of women entering medical school during the past three decades. In general there was little evidence for disproportionate promotion of women in hospital careers, although in surgery, hospital medicine and obstetrics and gynaecology, fewer women seemed to progress beyond the SHO grade, and in anaesthetics there were deficits of women at each career stage. Analyses of career preferences and intentions suggest that disproportionate promotion cannot readily be explained as differential choice by women. CONCLUSIONS: Although there is no evidence as such of a "glass ceiling" for women doctors in hospital careers, and the current paucity of women consultants primarily reflects historical trends in the numbers of women entering medical school, there is evidence in some cases of disproportionate promotion that is best interpreted as direct or indirect discrimination. (+info)
Doctors who kill themselves: a study of the methods used for suicide. (7/317)Medical practitioners have a relatively high rate of suicide. Death entry data for doctors who died by suicide or undetermined cause between 1979 and 1995 in England and Wales were used to compare methods used for suicide by doctors with those used by the general population. Methods used were analysed according to gender, occupational status and speciality, to assess the extent to which access to dangerous means influences the pattern of suicide. Self-poisoning with drugs was more common in the doctors than in general population suicides (57% vs. 26.6%; OR=3.65, 95% CI 2.85-4. 68), including in retired doctors. Barbiturates were the most frequent drugs used. Half of the anaesthetists who died used anaesthetic agents. Self-cutting was also more frequently used as a method of suicide. The finding that the greater proportion of suicide deaths in doctors were by self-poisoning may reflect the fact that doctors have ready access to drugs, and have knowledge of which drugs and doses are likely to cause death. The specific finding that a large proportion of suicides in anaesthetists involved anaesthetic agents supports this explanation. Availability of method may be a factor contributing to the relatively high suicide rate of doctors. This fact might influence clinical management of doctors who are known to be depressed or suicidal. (+info)
Recruitment and retention of general practitioners in the UK: what are the problems and solutions? (8/317)Recruitment and retention of general practitioners (GPs) has become an issue of major concern in recent years. However, much of the evidence is anecdotal and some commentators continue to question the scale of workforce problems. Hence, there is a need to establish a clear picture of those instabilities (i.e. imbalances between demand and supply) that do exist in the GP labour market in the UK. Based on a review of the published literature, we identify problems that stem from: (i) the changing social composition of the workforce and the fact that a large proportion of qualified GPs are significantly underutilized within traditional career structures; and (ii) the considerable differences in the ability of local areas to match labour demand and supply. We argue that one way to address these problems would be to encourage greater flexibility in a number of areas highlighted in the literature: (i) time commitment across the working day and week; (ii) long-term career paths; (iii) training and education; and (iv) remuneration and contract conditions. Overall, although the evidence suggests that the predicted 'crisis' has not yet occurred in the GP labour market as a whole, there is no room for lack of imagination in planning terms. Workforce planners continue to emphasize national changes to the medical school intake as the means to balance labour demand and supply between the specialities; however, better retention and deployment of existing GP labour would arguably produce more effective supply-side solutions. In this context, current policy and practice developments (e.g. Primary Care Groups and Primary Care Act Pilot Sites) offer a unique learning base upon which to move forward. (+info)
Assembler Jobs Available Now in Detroit, MI - NCADC - National Career Advancement and Development Center
Assembler Jobs Available Now in Detroit, MI - NCADC - National Career Advancement and Development Center, NCADC.org - National Career Advancement and Development Center
Early career choices and successful career progression in surgery in the UK: prospective cohort studies | BMC Surgery | Full...
The analysis in this paper is based on surveys of the UK graduation cohorts of 1974, 1977, 1980, 1983, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2005. The methods used have been described in detail elsewhere [5, 6]. Towards the end of the first, third and fifth years after graduation, and at longer time intervals after that, questionnaires were sent to all medical graduates in each year-of-graduation cohort. Up to four reminders were sent to non-respondents. The graduates of 1974 from all medical schools in England, Wales and Scotland were surveyed. From the cohorts of 1977 onwards, the surveys covered the whole of the UK including Northern Ireland. The total number of medical schools in the UK has changed across the decades covered by the surveys (notably, some of the London schools merged) but, at the time of analysis for this paper, there were 23 medical schools in the studies. The UK MCRG studies and surveys have ethical approval from the National Research Ethics Service (reference 04/Q1907/48) ...
Hello! Testing Pheromones for Career Advancement & Love Life. 29/M/Singapore - PheroTalk
Hi! Came across pheromones online and then i was lead to this forum throught more detailed research. Im a 29/m from Singapore and i am interested to get IG + Ammo for my career advancement, as well as
WHGE COE Small Grants Program to Support Mentored Research for Early Career Investigators from Historically Underrepresented...
The WHGE COE released a call for applications in December 2020 to provide up to $5,000 to support early career investigators and their graduate students working on/starting up novel research projects related to womens health, gender and empowerment. The Small Grants Program aimed to fund early career investigators from underrepresented groups and their graduate students on any of the 10 University of California campuses and UC Hastings College of the Law. The WHGE COE acknowledges that early career investigators are often overburdened with requests for service and mentorship and at the same time, are focusing on getting tenure. This funding opportunity was created to support early career investigators research and facilitate the ability to mentor.. ...
How to make successful career in modelling? - VG Studios
Are you dreaming to have a successful career in modelling? Get to know with a Step by Step Guide on how to start your career in modelling with VG Studios
Part Time Accounting Jobs and Careers | Monster.com
Part Time Accounting jobs, Part Time Accounting career resources, Part Time Accounting careers, Part Time Accounting job, Part Time Accounting career, Part Time Accounting employment, Part Time Accounting work, Part Time Accounting job opportunities, Part Time Accounting employment opportunities, jobs in Part Time Accounting, careers in Part Time Accounting
Career Prospects in Microbial Biotechnology
Career Prospects in Microbial Biotechnology.Microbial biotechnology is an application of scientific and engineering principles which process materials by micro-organisms or plant and animal cells to create useful products.
The longitudinal study of early career artists | Hill Strategies Research Inc
http://2014.australiacouncil.gov.au/resources/reports_and_publications/subjects/artists/the-longitudinal-study-of-early-career-artists In 2012, the Australia Council surveyed 310 artists who were within the first five years of their careers in order to examine key elements of their career development as well as differences between grant recipients and non-recipients. It is not clear whether the 310 respondents were randomly sampled and whether respondents could be considered representative of all Australian early career artists.. In terms of their early career experiences, the average rating provided by artists regarding their artistic fulfilment to date was moderate (6.4 out of 10), as was their rating of their confidence in their careers (6.7 out of 10). More specifically, 12% of respondents indicated that, over the past year, their career had exceeded their expectations. Another 43% indicated that their career had met their expectations. On the other hand, 29% felt that their career had ...
Job Search Archives - Page 12 of 12 - Catherines Career Corner
Download free templates for Skill Based CV. Your CV is the most important document when it comes to looking for a job and career progression. Securing a job and career progression means more career growth and income; in most cases this has a direct impact on your work life happiness and satisfaction. Explore and download these ...
I will ask him about career prospects. In assessing and comparing the Post-grad. dip. in Occupational Health and Safety (PDip OHS) and the MEH programs, I thought that the career prospects for the two groups were quite similar and so the MEH won my commitment because I thought the work might be more interesting. But having had the time to reflect on and process what I had read and from rereading some of the course information this morning, now I am not sure that the two courses will launch me towards a career at the same velocities. I get the impression that MEH graduates generally start off as Environmental Health Officers while some find employment as Scientific Officers in government and a wide range of other fields including the food industry and environmental management. That sounds promising but I havent seen any real indication anywhere of career prospects and the demand for graduates. In contrast, the PDip. OHS page includes a section headed Career Opportunities wherein graduates ...
Association of Polar Early Career Scientists - Conference Organising Committees
indicates APECS Representative POLAR2018 (International Scientific Steering Committee): Ruth Vingerhagen* (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom). Arctic Change 2017 (International Steering Committee): Gerlis Fugmann* (Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)International Directorate Office / Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Center for Polar and Marine Research, Germany). Arctic Biodiversity Congress 2018 (Program Advisory Committee): Gerlis Fugmann* (Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)International Directorate Office / Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Center for Polar and Marine Research, Germany). Arctic Frontiers (International Steering Committee): Gerlis Fugmann* (Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)International Directorate Office / Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Center for Polar and Marine Research, Germany. ...
SPCR Clinical Training Awards for ST3 GP Trainees These SPCR awards for GP vocational trainees are made for 2 years at ST3 level, subject to the availability of regional support and NHS funding (we fund only the 0.5wte academic component of the training). The aim is to complement the national ACF scheme by allowing later entry as it is clear that ST1 is too early for many trainees to make an informed decision about following an academic track and emerging talent is being missed. Applicants are required to meet national eligibility criteria for academic training and will have a training number and be on a VTS. SPCR GP Career Progression Awards There is an increasing demand for part-time academic training for personal reasons and from clinicians who do not wish to lose clinical competencies. In 2012 we introduced part time GP Career Progression awards. These can be for a length of time from 12 to 24 months. SPCR PhD Studentships These are available to those with limited primary care experience ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Physician judgment | Read by QxMD
The need to assess clinical competencies in a medical environment is an intriguing issue due to progressive involvement of young physicians in clinical practice, as well as for connections tied to evaluation systems to define postgraduate training and career progression. To reach this goal, system must be based upon contributions that are aimed to achieve a clear and homogeneous evaluation pathway and strictly related to the continuing medical education institution (credits). All these presuppositions are instrumental for the proposal of a sheet which could allow a data retrieval useful to depict a career progression by means of: identification of reproducible parameters along with clear standards; advices for indicators; objective judgments that could drive to a score meaningful for reaching higher steps in the performance evaluation ...
The Universitys annual Recognition of Distinction (RoD) exercise invites senior researchers to apply for the titles of University Research Lecturer, Associate Professor or Full Professor in appreciation of their substantial contribution to research, teaching and good citizenship. The titles are awarded through a staged departmental, divisional and central process that includes external international peer review. The benchmark is an equivalent level of attainment expected of such titles at other major research-intensive universities. The RoD process specifically considers equality and diversity and invites disclosure of relevant personal circumstances. Every year members of the NDORMS Board liaise with the HR team to identify suitable candidates and encourage them to apply, e.g. through discussion at PDR. Those not yet eligible are supported to develop the skills/experience they will need to make an application in the future. For more information regarding the Recognition of Distinction Scheme ...
NAO | Ophthalmic Career Progression Program
Withdrawals and Drops. A student may withdraw from the OCPP at any time. A signed letter approved by the sponsor outlining the reason for withdrawal must be received by the Academy before processing of the withdrawal can occur. A student may be withdrawn from the program by the Academy if he/she fails to make tuition payments on time. Tuition payments are due by the 15th of the month, and failure of a student to miss one payment cycle can result in immediate withdrawal from the OCPP and notification sent to the students respective state board, if applicable. The student will receive a letter stating that they have missed a payment and have been withdrawn. If the student fails to render payment at the time that he/she withdraws from the program, then the account will be turned over to a COLLECTIONS AGENCY.. Inactive students are defined as students who have not returned a completed lesson or contacted the Academy requesting a time extension for a period of over nine months. Students inactive for ...
NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships: | Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission
For Technicians and LPNs/LVNs Two (2) Career Mobility Scholarships are awarded annually to support a qualified CCHT, CCHT-A and/or CD/LPN/LVN. These scholarships provide funding for continuing education and development or support of a program to improve patient outcomes in the health science field. Each $2000 scholarship enables the winner to enhance his/her knowledge and better contribute to the nephrology community. Beginning this year NNCC will award three (3) Career Mobility Scholarships annually.
Sheng-Jen) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program (Hsieh - Texas A&M University (TAMU) Scholar
Sheng-Jen) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program (Hsieh - Texas A&M University (TAMU) Scholar profile, educations, publications, research, recent courses, and student works
Ricardo) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program (Gutierrez-Osuna - Texas A&M University (TAMU) Scholar
Ricardo) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program (Gutierrez-Osuna - Texas A&M University (TAMU) Scholar profile, educations, publications, research, recent courses, and student works
DOE Science Showcase - Energy Department Scientists and Engineers Honored with Presidential Early Career Awards (PECASE) | OSTI...
DOE Science Showcase - Energy Department Scientists and Engineers Honored with Presidential Early Career Awards (PECASE) - Researchers funded by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science were recently honored with the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)-the highest honor bestowed by the U.S. government on outstanding scientists and engineers who are early in their independent research careers (see White House Blog). -
Sachin Patel receives Presidential Early Career Award | Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
Associate Professor Sachin Patel of both Molecular Physiology and Biophysics and Psychiatry, is one of 106 researchers named today by President Obama as a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers. The Presidential Early Career Award is the highest honor bestowed by the United States government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers. More information.. ...
CUV Youth Sites: Career Advancement
A positive, productive relationship with your direct manager can boost your morale, productivity, job satisfaction, and overall career success. ...
How to Have a Successful Career While Living With Anxiety - MentorSF.com
Living with anxiety can make everything feel a little bit more difficult. However, it is still possible to thrive in every area of your life. Here are some tips for career success if you deal with anxiety.
Career Development by Saad Fathy Shawer and Saad Ali Alkahtani
This study assesses the influence of a two-year language program evaluation on program directors and faculty career development. The study makes use of mixed-paradigms (positivism and qualitative interpretive), mixed-strategies (survey research and qualitative evaluation), one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) and a post-hoc test of multiple comparisons (Scheffe). The findings indicate that imposed program evaluation experiences help faculty members advance their career skills in terms of course planning, classroom teaching, learning assessment, classroom research, and coping with career pressure. The findings also indicate significant improvement in program director academic and administrative career skills. Moreover, the findings did not show inter-program differences regarding the program evaluation impact on faculty and program director career skills. The study recommends program evaluation as an effective and systematic approach to program stakeholder career development.
Career Prospects - CSE
With the rise of technological evolution, computers have become an indispensable part of modern life. People are facing new problems and to solve these new applications are also being introduced every day; the computer related job opportunities is also growing at the same pace. The global context has created diverse career paths for the computers science engineers. Provided with the vast opportunities, the career paths for Computer Science and Engineering graduates can be divided into a number of categories. The following categories summarize those opportunities.. Programming and Software Development ...
Early Career Leadership Workshop | New Mexico EPSCoR
The Early Career Leadership Workshop is a three-day intensive, residential program designed to enhance the professional skills of early career faculty and postdoctoral scholars in STEM disciplines. Participants will gain skills in meeting facilitation and leadership, incorporating broader impacts into research, communicating science to the media, effective teaching in higher education, project management, and work-life integration. Eligibility:
Black and Latinx surgeons continue to hit glass ceiling in America | UF Health, University of Florida Health
Having that person speak up for you and say you are deserving of whatever position youd like to hold is really powerful, Riner said. As a profession, we need to be a little more cognizant or intentional about sponsoring diverse people within our departments.. Mentorship and allyship are also important for leveling inequities in surgical leadership. Similar to sponsors, mentors provide expertise and support, though they may not have the clout to create opportunities for their mentees the way a sponsor could. Allyship is broader still. Anyone can be an ally, regardless of career level, so long as they lend support.. And the simple act of representation helps too. When students and residents see leaders who look like them, aspiring to those positions seems more realistic. But when female and minority trainees see a glass ceiling, they may be more likely to choose a different career.. There are a lot of great leaders in surgery now - leaders who are very much willing to address these ...
EDGE Student & Early Career Programs | Rockwell Automation
Students and new grads can find internships, co-ops and early career jobs in Rockwell Automations EDGE Student and Early Career Programs.
Career Development Resources - Rainier Scholars
The Leadership and Career Development Team believes that people continue to learn, grow, and develop throughout their lives, and we want every Rainier Scholar to have the opportunity to explore their interests, build skills, and pursue their passions. As a team, we identify and provide access to academic, leadership, and professional development opportunities, and engage partners in ways that center and benefit our scholars.. The resources below are designed to assist scholars in their professional exploration and development. The Rainier Scholars Career Development Team also facilitates high school and college internship placements, professional development workshops and programming, career exploration events, and networking connections, and is available to scholars and alumni for 1:1 career coaching and support.. ...
NBCs Dr. Nancy on TV, Surgery, and Academias Glass Ceiling
Dr. Eric Topol talks with NBCs Dr. Nancy Snyderman about juggling careers in medicine and television, and what its like to break through academias glass ceiling.
Career Mobility Resources | CFA Institute India Career Center
Career Mobility Resources - read this article along with other careers information, tips and advice on CFA Institute India Career Center
Top 5 Psychometric Tests for Your Career Success
To make a successful career change, you have to know what type of career is going to suit your personality. Psychometric tests are a quick, convenient way of
epworth healthcare Jobs & Career Opportunities | CareerOne.com.au
Examine the company profile of epworth healthcare and learn about epworth healthcare jobs and career opportunities on CareerOne.com.au.
Career Opportunities for Ex Teachers | Did Teach Job Board
Our consultancy is the first run by teachers for teachers. Did teach offers a number of alternaties and career opportunities for ex teachers.
Latest Career Opportunity At GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria Plc - 9 December, 2014
Latest Career Opportunity At GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria Plc for Product Technical Process Owner in Ogun, Nigeria for job seekers and professionals. Apply today
Radio, TV, Film : Northwestern Career Advancement - Northwestern University
Here are examples of industry areas students enter with this major, jobs/internships, typical employers that hire students, skills employers look for, and examples of where alumni work. To find more information make an appointment with your career counselor/advisor.. ...
Early Career | National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Increases and maintains a strong cohort of new and talented, NIH-supported, independent investigators. This program is designed to facilitate a timely transition of outstanding postdoctoral researchers or clinician-scientists from mentored research positions to independent, tenure-track or equivalent faculty positions, and to provide independent NIH research support during the transition that will help these individuals launch competitive, independent research careers. View the fact sheet for more information. ...
Peeriodical: Parents Can Help! | SFU OLC
So, your child got accepted into the university.. Gone are the days of Meet-the-Teacher Nights, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and PAC Meetings. You probably feel a little bit lost. Or maybe relieved…? But you probably still worry: will they succeed? will they have enough self-discipline to study? will they find a successful career after graduation? And finally: Is there really nothing I can do?. Well, there is something you can do in preparing your student for a successful career. After all, this is the reason they went to university, right? And you think that getting a degree will make that career possible, right? Not quite. Our world has changed so much since the days we went to school, from the way we study to the way we search for careers. Think about the changes in the last 20 years in technology, politics and economy. Did you know that todays top 10 careers didnt even exist 20 years ago?. The advice you were given as a young person is probably the same advice you are giving your ...
Career Success Advice for This Valentines Day
In this post, I discuss the importance of peaying it forward when it comes to building the relationships that will help you create your career success.
Prospective Graduates to Keep Optimistic in Pursuing Successful Career | Universitas Gadjah Mada
Muhamad Ali had not expected that his graduation from the Faculty of Law UGM would take him to an entirely different path than he should have. In fact, working in a job that is different than his college major brought him to the top of his career.
Turnaround Program Gives Practical Advice on Career Advancement | UC San Francisco
One of the ways that UCSF helps to provide a supportive work environment for staff is by offering mentoring opportunities, such as the Turnaround Program.
Engineering, Manufacturing & Transportation: Northwestern Career Advancement - Northwestern University
Engineering describes building solutions to engines, machines, structures or processes. Engineers apply mathematic, scientific, technical and design knowledge and skills to develop new processes or improve existing ones within businesses and government. Engineers may work individually or within teams to create solutions that are cost-effective and safe within a specified budget. Engineering is a large employment field that offers many specializations, and roles can vary from research and development to product design. All engineering specialties are experiencing job growth with many internship and employment opportunities available.. Internship/Full-time Positions: Engineering intern (specialty area is usually included in position title). ...
Euraxess Reflex - REFLEX: Responsive and Flexible Career Development Framework for Researchers
In today´s ever changing world, systematic and focused career management is becoming increasingly important for both researchers and their employers. However research organisations face the challenge of how to guide researchers through this process and how to enable them to become creative, critical and autonomous intellectual risk takers.. Currently variety of career development tools is available, some of them are formal and structured, other are based on informal and self-directed approach. But how to ensure that these tools, usually designed for the use in certain research environments, can be transferred to other contexts? And how to make them more reflexive to the increasing variability of career patterns and opportunities which arise with the creation of brand new jobs in the near future?. REFLEX - A two-year project joining forces of partners from five European countries, will address these challenges through the designing of intelligent career development framework based on the direct ...
Career Development | Franklin.edu
Our lives have been disrupted by the Coronavirus. For many, our work lives have been disrupted as well. Some of us are working from home, while others have faced furloughs, lay-offs and shutdowns. However, there are industries who are hiring. From warehouses, to shipping, and to healthcare, they are hiring to meet demand based on our current environment. The Franklin University Center for Career Development wants to directly extend our hand to you. The Center has compiled a list of employers who are hiring now, to support you and the community in our current environment in response to the Coronavirus. Please feel free to pass this along to friends and family who might be looking for immediate employment.. The Center for Career Development recently partnered with GradLeaders to assist our students in helping them in their career search. Career Engaged at Franklin powered by GradLeaders will make its debut on our student site in June, but until then we will post some of the great content they will ...
justcoding.com | Medical Coding & Career Advancement
For hospital inpatient or outpatient coders, Just Coding keeps your skills sharp, test your coding knowledge, and help stay abreast of CMS changes.
Comments for CAREER DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT : Design Career Model dan Aplikasinya
CAREER DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT : Design Career Model dan Aplikasinya Pusdiklat BULOG Lt 4, Jakarta | 21 - 22 Mei 2013 | Rp. 3.500.000 Pusdiklat BULOG Lt 4, Jakarta | 11 - 12 Juni 2013 | Rp. 3.500.000,- Background Program pelatihan Career Development Management ini bertujuan untuk membekali Line Managers, HR Manager, HR Officer dan HR […]
Career Counselling Library
Certified career analyst is a highest rated career counselling certification program by edumilestones to become career counsellor. Most of the highest paid and successfull career counsellors in India are trained and empowered by edumilestones. We have transformed many passionate individuals to a Successful career counsellors. we have trained and certified 1800+ Career counsellors in India and Abroad. ...
California Conservation Corps offers youth career development opportunities - Hilgardia - University of California, Agriculture...
Young people who leave high school without going onto college are a critical population to understand in terms of career development. This report highlights findings from a study of 166 youth who had recently joined the California Conservation Corps (CCC). Thirty percent of those surveyed had not completed high school. About one-fourth of the corps members had joined CCC with the hope of an eventual career with the Corps, and more than one-third were using CCC to explore job and career opportunities.
Conference Presentations - BAICE
University of Warwick, UK. The mobility of academics has tended to be romanticized as a universal good in policy discourses, as well as certain areas of academic literature. Mobility is seen as contributing to economic growth, and constitutes a key dimension in the global internationalization agenda. For early career academics, including doctoral researchers, mobility is constructed as catalyst for career progression, a means of creating leading researchers for the future. Academic mobility can include short-term and temporary mobility, longer term mobility for qualification or employment purposes, and long-term mobility trajectories that encompass multiple destinations. For some, different types of mobility overlap, such as an international student participating in a study abroad scheme. Academic mobility constitutes an important area of interest for comparative and international education researchers, as mobile subjects destabilise and yet inhabit national borders;each of the studies included ...
CCR Connections (News) - An Early Career Off to a Stellar Start
The White House recently named James L. Gulley, M.D., Ph.D., Deputy Chief of CCRs Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, a recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the highest honor bestowed by the United States Government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers. Gulley was selected for using randomized, controlled studies to test novel, recombinant vaccines to reduce the progression of prostate and other cancers and to increase patients survival.. This award has been given annually since President Bill Clinton commissioned the National Science and Technology Council to create it in 1996. Sixteen Federal departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), join together annually to nominate the most meritorious candidates. Awardees are selected for their pursuit of innovative research at the frontiers of science and technology and their commitment to ...
Career Information, Career Counseling, and Career Development, 10th Edition
PART I FOUNDATIONS OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE. CHAPTER 1 Introduction to the Global Economy, Social justice, and Career Development. CHAPTER 2 Trait-and-Factor and Developmental Theories of Career Choice and Development and Their Applications. CHAPTER 3 Learning Theory-Based, Postmodern, Socioeconomic, and Decision-Making Theories and Their Applications. CHAPTER 4 Ethical and Legal Guidelines and the Competencies Needed for Career Development Practice. PART II CAREER COUNSELING, ASSESSMENT, AND INFORMATION DISSEMINATION. CHAPTER 5 A Values-Based, Multicultural Approach to Career Counseling and Advocacy. CHAPTER 6 Clients with Special Needs. CHAPTER 7 Assessment in Career Counseling and Development. CHAPTER 8 Using Information to Facilitate Career Development. CHAPTER 9 Virtual and Brick and Mortar Career Exploration Centers (CEC): Design and Implementation. PART III FACILITATING ACTION TAKING. CHAPTER 10 Preparing for Work. CHAPTER 11 Facilitating the Global Job Search: Employability Skills ...
What Career Opportunities are Opened Up by a Masters in Sports Management? - Sports Management Degree Guide
Obtaining a position as a sports information director is a great career choice for sports management grads who have excellent communication skills. People who choose these masters in sports management careers typically work for local colleges and universities and are responsible for reporting information pertaining to the schools athletic teams. This usually involves producing press releases announcing such things as events, schedules, scores, and player or team highlights.. Sports management careers are ideal for people who love sports and have excellent management skills. And for people who have wondered what career opportunities are opened up by a masters in sports management, the careers spotlighted above can help them decide on a career path that will provide them with excitement and personal satisfaction. ...
Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?
Downloadable (with restrictions)! Author(s): James Albrecht & Anders Bjorklund & Susan Vroman. 2003 Abstract: Using 1998 data, we show that the gender log wage gap in Sweden increases throughout the wage distribution and accelerates in the upper tail. We interpret this as a strong glass ceiling effect. We use quantile regression decompositions to examine whether this pattern can be ascribed primarily to gender differences in labor market characteristics or in the rewards to those characteristics. Even after extensive controls for gender differences in age, education (both level and field), sector, industry, and occupation, we find that the glass ceiling effect we see in the raw data persists to a considerable extent.
AHA-Copyright Agency Early Career Researcher Mentorship Scheme - The Australian Historical Association
This award supports Early Career Researcher historians to develop their professional skills. Specifically, it will link Early Career Researchers with senior historians who will mentor them in the development of new and innovative works of historical scholarship, in the form of articles that will be published in leading journals. In addition to a journal article, awardees are required to publish a short article in an outlet such as The Conversation, Australian Policy and History, ABC News Online or another online forum, in order to enhance public awareness of their work, and of innovations in the field of history. This will develop Early Career Researchers professional skills in relation to research impact and communication with a wide audience, attributes that are increasingly required by those working in academic and public history. All publications will acknowledge the Copyright Agency and the Australian Historical Association.. ...
SIAM Early Career Travel Awards
SIAM Early Career Travel Awards are given to help researchers in their early career gain the experience and exposure that comes from attending and presenting at SIAM conferences. The travel awards are intended to help early career participants defray some of the costs of their attendance. Learn more about this SIAM prize and other prizes.
International career development - Offers from the Career Service of Göttingen University - GAUSS
Exclusive access to the international online tool GoinGlobal for country-specific career information and insider tips for finding employment worldwide. The Career Service of Göttingen University offers access to a career development tool for students and graduates who want to pursue international career opportunities - here and abroad. It allows to research career opportunities on the international job market and contains worldwide job and internship listings (updated daily) as well as country-specific information about applying and working abroad. Exclusive access via eCampus (choose GoinGlobal in Links). Event: 24.11. May the job be with you - How to succeed in an international job interview The Workshop for international and German students by interpool personal GmbH, provides you with direct insight into different selection processes in an international environment - inside as well as outside of your home country. By practicing a live interview simulation and a part of an Assessment ...
The Pioneer Academy - Career Opportunities
The Pioneer Academy (TPA) is an academy trust with schools across South East London and Kent. All our schools, ranging from small infant schools to large primary schools, work collaboratively, sharing resources and expertise. As a growing multi-academy trust, The Pioneer Academy is always seeking to recruit talented professionals who share our moral purpose. If The Pioneer Academys motto - Safe - Happy - Learning - resonates with your own values and beliefs, we would be interested in hearing from you. The Pioneer Academy offers excellent career opportunities, personalised induction, high quality professional training and coaching at every stage of your career, as well as outstanding Early Career Teacher support.. If you are interested in pursuing a career with TPA, email: [email protected] ...
Dr. Danielle Garsin Honored by Womens Faculty Forum with 2020 Excellence in Research Award | McGovern Medical School
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Professor Danielle Garsin, Ph.D. has been recognized by McGovern Medical Schools Womens Faculty Forum with the 2020 Excellence in Research Award! The MMG department is proud of Dr. Garsins achievement and honored to have such distinguished faculty.. Dr. Garsin is at heart a bacterial geneticist, and this foundation supports her interests in bacterial pathogenesis, gene regulation, and host-microbe and microbe-microbe interactions. Her studies are centered on the biology of the human bacterial pathogen, Enterococcus faecalis.. Read more about this award here.. ...
Effects of sexual harassment on advancement of women in academic medicine: A multi-institutional longitudinal study |...
This article addresses SDGs 3, 4 and 5 and by analying longitudinal data from 1995 to 2012-13 on women working in academic medicine in the USA, highlighting that women reporting severe sexual harassment in the workplace were more, rather than less, likely to pursue career advancement and attain full professorship. During career advancement, increased exposure to men who abuse
American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), Engineering Career Opportunities|Find Your Career Here
American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) - Find your next career at Engineering Career Opportunities. Check back frequently as new jobs are posted every day.
Tracking The Snail-Like Progress of Faculty Diversity
A new report from the TIAA Institute finds that African Americans have made only slight progress in increasing their percentage of faculty positions in higher education over the past two decades. And the gains that have been made are mostly in non-tenure-track positions.. In 1993, faculty from underrepresented groups made up 8.6 percent of all faculty in American higher education. By 2013, the percentage had risen to 12.7 percent. Among tenured full-time faculty, members of underrepresented groups were 7.1 percent of all tenured faculty in 1993 and 10.2 percent in 2013. The percentage of part-time adjunct faculty from underrepresented groups increased the most during the 20-year period from 9.2 percent to 14.2 percent.. African Americans were 6.2 percent of all women faculty in 1993 and 8.4 percent in 2013. Among tenured faculty, African Americans were 6.3 percent of all tenured women faculty in 1993 and but only 5.8 percent of all tenured women faculty in 2013.. The full report, Taking the ...
Career paths - Students & Graduates - Allen & Overy
Training. One of the things our associates value most about being at Allen & Overy is the world-class training they receive. Throughout the year, we hold regular seminars for our attorneys to further develop their knowledge and skills, and we send our attorneys to external, practice area-specific programs as well. In addition to learning practical skills such as commercial and strategic awareness, effective communication and efficient time management, youll participate in global training programs geared toward developing your business acumen at each step of your career. Were committed to career progression, and have established programs to encourage your advancement. We recently began a business skills training program for female attorneys called Women Making Their Mark.. Weve also developed Owning Your Career, a career management program for mid-level associates. As you move through your associate career, youll have the opportunity to review your aspirations, explore your values, ...
Career Development - Slide Team
Career Development found in: Career Development Process Ppt Powerpoint Presentation File Summary Cpb, Four Steps Process For Career Development Ppt Slide Design, Developing Strategic Vision For Your Career Plan Powerpoint..
Health Careers Opportunity Program | Carroll University
Carrolls National Academy Health Careers Opportunity Program is designed to recruit disadvantaged students into a comprehensive allied health and physician assistant pipeline, retain them through graduation, and prepare them for primary care careers in underserved communities.
Staff, Author at The Rheumatologist
In 2018, the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) will present the FNIH Trailblazer Prize for Clinician-Scientists (Trailblazer Prize), which recognizes the outstanding contributions of early career clinician-scientists whose work has the potential to or has led to innovations in patient care. This $10,000 honorarium and prize celebrates the achievements of medical doctors… [Read More]. ...
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN LIFE SCIENCES | Wiley Job Network
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN LIFE SCIENCES - read this article along with other careers information, tips and advice on Wiley Job Network
Careers opportunities | MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science| emlyon
Careers opportunities after the MSc in Digital Marketing & Data Science : benefit from a dedicated career track and continual support throughout the duration of the program.
Energy Management Career Opportunities - EnergyWatch
Start your energy management career with EnergyWatch. Were looking to hire hardworking, ambitious individuals. Explore career opportunities with us.
Kripke Legend Award salutes champion of gender equality | MD Anderson Cancer Center
Nancy Hopkins, Ph.D., noted cancer biologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), is the 2012 recipient of the Margaret L. Kripke Legend Award for Promotion of Women in Cancer Medicine and Cancer Science.. The Kripke Legend Award recognizes scientific and medical leaders who have made extraordinary efforts to hire a diverse workforce and advance womens careers. It honors Professor Emerita Margaret Kripke, Ph.D., a distinguished scientist who achieved many firsts for women at MD Anderson, culminating in her promotion to executive vice president and chief academic officer.. At a time when gender equity issues were not discussed in academia, Nancy Hopkins took the responsibility to shine a light on inequities for women faculty at MIT, says Elizabeth Travis, Ph.D., MD Anderson associate vice president of Women Faculty Programs, which sponsors the award. Women faculty are better positioned to succeed because of her unwavering advocacy, and our institutions are stronger.. Hopkins ...
Australia and New Zealand 2020 - Early Career Hallucinations Research Group
ECHR ANZ VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2020 Registration Abstract submission TUESDAY 10 NOVEMBER10AM-1PM (AEDT, Melbourne/Sydney/Canberra) WEDNESDAY 11 NOVEMBER2.30PM-5.30PM (AEDT, Melbourne/Sydney/Canberra) Are you an early career researcher in the area ofhallucinations and related experiences? Swinburne University of Technology is excited to be hosting the first FREE virtual conference for the Early Career Hallucinations Research, Australia and New Zealand…
Career Success Ally Training
The Career Success Ally Program is a network of Cal Poly Pomona students, faculty, staff, and campus partners who are visibly supportive of students career aspirations AND who have attended the training workshop.. ...
Are you searching for career opportunities in the field of child development? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of families with young children with developmental delays or disabilities? There are many exciting opportunities to be a Speech-Language Pathologist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Early Intervention Specialist with a local ECI program. Click on either local agency below for more information. ECI professionals report that working for ECI provides:. ...
Career Opportunities at Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium - 13 January, 2017
Career Opportunities at Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium for Project Coordinator, Nurse, Clinical Officer in Nairobi, Kenya for job seekers and professionals. Apply today
Students explore career opportunities - BC Local News
School District 22 students recently toured the Tolko Lavington Division plant to see first-hand what career opportunities are available
Medical Imaging - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland in British Columbia | BCjobs.ca
PHSA is hiring a Medical Imaging - Career Opportunities Across the Lower Mainland in British Columbia. Find details about this job.
ABI Open House- Information Session on the Emerging Field of ABA and Career Opportunities within ABI Tickets, Mon, Jan 15,...
Eventbrite - Jessica Garcia presents ABI Open House- Information Session on the Emerging Field of ABA and Career Opportunities within ABI - Monday, January 15, 2018 at Applied Behavioral Interventions, Brooklyn, NY. Find event and ticket information.
Impact of Transformational Leadership and Mentoring on Follower Career Success: A Self-Concept Perspective - Surrey Research...
Chu, CWL and Mondejar, R Impact of Transformational Leadership and Mentoring on Follower Career Success: A Self-Concept Perspective In: International Association for Chinese Management Research, 2014-06-18 - ?, Beijing. Full text not available from this repository ...
Alexey Shaytan - JMB Career Advancement Initiative - Elsevier
Career Biography Alexey Shaytan received his diploma in condensed matter physics from Moscow State University in 2007. He then pursued PHD...
Interested in a career as a clinician-scientist? | Disease Models & Mechanisms
The obvious advantage for clinician-scientists is their involvement in all aspects of translational medicine. Many times this is termed bench-to-bedside medicine, which aims to test new therapeutic concepts in the lab and bring new treatments into the clinic. Although this is the desire of most, if not all, clinical-scientists, I now realize that ideas and experience move in both directions and more frequently flow from bedside to bench. Clinician-scientists interact with patients, see the clinical features of their diseases, and then develop basic science experiments to test new ideas that stem from this experience.. As a fellow, I became interested in a rare neurodevelopmental disorder, called Rett syndrome, and the role of biogenic amines (the neurotransmitters: dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin) in this disease. Many of the clinical features found in Rett syndrome suggest alterations in these neurotransmitters. Therefore, I designed a human study to collect spinal fluid from ...
Postsecondary Students Learn How to Ladder Education for Career Success - Canadore College
fair for students and graduates.. The fair is designed to help students understand both inbound and outbound pathway and credentialing laddering options to best position them for career success within their chosen field of study.. Canadore College helps over 400 transfer students annually with over 1,000 formal agreements in place in conjunction with over 50 postsecondary institutions from around Ontario, across Canada and around the world. Each agreement is unique and differentiated and defines admission requirements and a framework for credit recognition mapped against a Canadore College credential.. The fairs exhibitors include: Brock University, Cambrian College, Canadore College, Carleton University, KOM Consultants (Canadas Resource Centre for Studies in Australia, United Kingdom and Ireland), Georgian College, Laurentian University, Lakehead University, Nipissing University, Seneca College, Trent University, University of Guelph, and University of Ontario Institute of ...
mai 21, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Chances are, you are already ruining your potential to succeed in the music industry because you believe in one or more music career myths. How do I know? I am sent e-mail messages on a constant basis by tons of musicians (all seeking the answers to the WRONG questions). These are questions that may seem like good questions on the top level, but are really highly damaging questions that take them far away from their musical dreams.. To put together a successful career in music as soon as possible, youve got to know the questions you do NOT need to be seeking answers to, and understand how to ask much higher quality questions that will put you on the right track toward reaching your music industry goals.. These are the 4 worst music career questions you should avoid asking in order to build a successful career as a professional musician:. Bad Music Career Question #1: Do I Have To Become A Starving Artist?. A lot of people believe that making a living as a professional musician means one of ...
Entry Level Python Developer - Python Jobs
Entry-Level Python Developer. Salary- $65k-$110k Per Year. Job Type- Full-Time. Location- New York City, NY. SynergisticIT is committed to fast track your career by increasing your career prospects. We provide a broad spectrum of career advancement solutions. Whether you are struggling to find a job or hustling to get noticed by the hiring managers, we can help you stand out in your professional endeavors.. Trusted by thousands of tech enthusiasts, SynergisticIT can bridge your skill and knowledge gap to make you competent for high-tech jobs. Our invaluable business acumen helps us assist thriving job seekers in achieving their career goals.. Currently, we are looking for adept entry-level Python Developers to work with our elite group of clients, namely Client, PayPal, Expedia Group, Google, Apple, Cognizant, Ford, Cisco, Walmart Labs, etc.. Required Qualifications and Background ...
The glass ceiling and the next generation | ZDNet
Isnt it about time we really take to the 21st century, and let women unholster their weapons and shoot out the glass ceiling? I think so and the majority would agree, but nothing seems to change.
15 Best Collection of Venetian Glass Ceiling Lights
Explore 15 best ideas of venetian glass ceiling lights which can be tough to always update and upgrade your pendant lights to follow the recent and latest style.
Japanese studies as an occupation: Career planning for Early Career Researchers in theory and practice (A lecture and practical...
Navigating an international research career is a potentially hazardous journey, with many unforeseen challenges and pitfalls to be faced. Japanese Studies like all Area Studies necessarily invites such challenges, as scholars will almost certainly spend long periods on sojourn in radically different scholarly environments. One challenge is to know about and act on institutional expectations and norms with the intention of securing and improving employment opportunities. This is particularly important for early career researchers (ECRs) who may spend long periods on field work or in junior employment in Asia. Moreover, although academics generally insist on evidence based scholarship in their fields of interest, they may rely on personal experience, institutional norms, and hearsay as guides when making decisions in their own organizations. Naturally the decisions that both ECRs and employers make in their respective roles will, in the absence of systematic empirical evidence, be strongly subject ...
Career Opportunities - Medical Careers | Biology/Chemistry | Liberty University
There are a variety of medical/health careers available in the Sciences with a major in Biology. Most of these careers involve training beyond the Bachelors degree. Some links to other web pages with information on careers in the medical and health sciences are provided below. ...
Robert Trosten on the Role of a CEO Coach in an Entrepreneurs Successful Career - Legal Reader
A CEO coaching expert can provide CEOs with advice and key suggestions, which will prove extremely useful in bettering business, and team management.
LAU | School of Pharmacy | Professional Development
The School of Pharmacy values and supports the continuing professional development and career advancement of its Faculty. In order to achieve these goals, annual funds are allocated to support individual full-time faculty members in further developing their skills and abilities in the areas of teaching, research, service and leadership. Furthermore, faculty members especially junior faculty who have identified needs for professional development are assigned a senior faculty mentor who will provide formative mentoring and guidance on career development in accordance to a formal Individual Faculty Mentoring and Development Plan document.. back to top. ...
AAAS - Project 2061 - High School Biology Textbooks: Biology: Visualizing Life Instructional Analysis, Cell Structure and...
The material generally avoids stereotypes or language that might be offensive to a particular group. For example, photographs and illustrations include a diverse cultural mix of students and adults (e.g., pp. 44s, 57s, 69s), but the number of photographs that include people throughout the material is few. The material provides some illustrations of the contributions of women and minorities to science and as role models. Most of the contributions of women and minority scientists, however, appear in separate sections entitled Career Opportunities, Multicultural Perspectives, and Historical Perspectives. Career Opportunities describe the careers of women or minority scientists, give information for students to learn more about the careers, and provide suggestions to the teacher for class discussions. For example, one Career Opportunities feature discusses the life and work experiences of technician Phyllis Stout (p. 55st). Multicultural Perspectives provide information about particular cultural ...
Rembrandt supports UNICEFs Youth Career Development Program - PR.com
Rembrandt Hotel is proud to support the Youth Career Development Program, a five-month life changing opportunity program managed by UNICEF, for the third consecutive year. Fifteen young women and four young men were selected to participate in the 2012 Youth Career Development Program (YCDP), which will...
Career Development at McLain and Long View High Schools
Our Students Success Is Important. At McLain/Long View High School, we have implemented a Career Development and Exploration program for our students. We want all of our students to leave High School on a path to succeed at their highest potential. We work with students on employability skills which include, but are not limited to career assessments, resume building, interview skills, job search skills, corporate expectations and other on the job skills. We offer employment help, job coaching, career assessments and internships. Researching companies and careers in class is a great activity but learning about a career by experiencing it in person is an even greater learning tool that often helps our students visualize their future. These experiences also enable our students to understand how their classroom and textbook education applies in the real world. ...
Faculty Career Development and Career Opportunities
The Faculty Development Program in the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine (DACCPM) at Massachusetts General Hospital provides current faculty members with the skills to grow personally and professionally in their care
Sink: Staggering Two Person Sink. Two Person Slinky Dog Costume. Two Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Single Career...
Sink: Staggering Two Person Sink. Two Person Slinky Dog Costume. Two Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Single Career. Two Person Singing Group. Two Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Singing Grouptwo Person Slinky Dog Costumetwo Person Single Career Current Event. Two Person Single Career. Two Person Sink. Two Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Singing Grouptwo Person Slinky Dog Costumetwo Person Single Career Current Eventtwo Person Single Career.
June | 2017 | Warrnambool College Careers
Dear Students and Parents. All Warrnambool and District Secondary Colleges in conjunction with the regions Further Education providers will be combining to host the Biennial Careers Expo during July/August 2017. The primary aim of the Expo is to assist students and their parents to research a wide range of careers options in preparation for the important decisions students will make over the next few years.. The Careers Expo is conducted every two years and from past experience and testimonials, is an invaluable experience and extremely useful in assisting students in their career/pathway decision making and transition process. Research clearly indicates that families who research career options early have a greater degree of success in navigating through the many career options.. Guest presenters are current practitioners in their chosen vocations and they will outline the day to day tasks involved within their career, the career paths and education and training required to obtain employment ...
Are career professionals ready for the challenges facing the field?
Blessie Mathew, Director of the Career Centre and Experiential Learning at the University of Alberta, says hiring is made more difficult by the increasingly complex skills career professionals need. Fifteen years ago, the primary requirement for a career advisor at her university was one-to-one advising skills. Now, advisors are also negotiating agreements between the Career Centre and faculty, and helping deliver course material. The skills are getting far more robust, she says.. Part of the solution for hiring gaps may lie in targeting professionals outside of the traditional career development sphere. According to Graham, this means reaching out to recruiters, HR workers, organizational development professionals, life coaches, mental health specialists, social workers and others who are doing career development work, but dont consider themselves career professionals. We need to be a big-tent profession, she says.. Mathew agrees that the profession needs to cast a wider net in its ...
Research Career Development Fellowships - Grant Funding | Wellcome
Information about Wellcomes Research Career Development Fellowships for scientists in Ireland. See the postdoctoral research scheme at a glance and find out how to apply.
Resources - Career Success Center
FOCUS 2 combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision making and action planning in one comprehensive assessment. Customized with majors offered at CCSU, students assessment results are matched to career options and majors/programs offered at Central. FOCUS 2 guides students through a reliable career and education decision making model to help them select their majors, make informed career decisions and take action. How to get started in Focus2:. ...
Following A Career Path Of Your Choice - Facebook Statistics
If you are just starting your career or you are in the middle of work and you want a career switch, this article is something that you should read till the very end. There are many things that you have to keep in mind when you are starting your career path or you want to make a switch. It is not as easy as you think and it can become quite hectic. The aim of this article is to give you some tips on what you can keep in mind and do when you make the decision to follow a career path of your choice. Here they are ...
Careers in Healthcare - School of Health Sciences | Stockton University
The healthcare industry has been expanding steadily for many years. In fact, data released in October 2017 by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics indicates that of the 20 fastest growing jobs today, 50% of them are related to the healthcare industry. By 2018, it is expected that roughly 3.2 million new healthcare-related jobs will be created. While the healthcare field is expanding, it represents a wide variety of career choices, many of which students just beginning their college careers, or changing from a career path they expected to pursue, may have little or no knowledge of. For this reason, the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program (BSHS) has put together a database of career fields in healthcare. This database provides a brief description of various careers in healthcare, along with a link to Learn More about each career. Careers are grouped into one of seven broad categories, as well as a section listing the various settings for careers in healthcare: ...
Matikainen, Olli (2019). "Rethinking Social Mobility. The Social Background and Career of Students from the 'Vyborg Nation', ... Early in his career, he published seminal work on the flow of water through the stems of woody plants, and investigated the ... He was renown for his skill in repartee, and his witty, lapidary remarks were widely quoted." Early in his career he would ... His son Gustav, who had his own academic career at the University of Helsinki, would later recall meeting people who, upon ...
Erasmus+ mobility. In 2011, she was awarded the 'Mega Grant for Leading International Scientists' (£3,000,000) from the ... for Transformative Early Career Contributions; D.I. Mendeleev Medal from Tomsk State University for significant contribution to ...
... career mobility may be severely constrained. For example, unlike their American counterparts, Another interesting ... Anonymous, "Careers in the legal profession offer a variety of opportunities: While we may not think about it often, the legal ... The career structure of lawyers varies widely from one country to the next. ... there has been a tendency since the start of the 20th century for lawyers to specialize early in their careers. ...
"Career Development & Internal Mobility, Solved , InnerMobility". Retrieved 2019-04-17. CRAIG, LAURA MILLER, and JESSICA ... With the help of an internal talent mobilization tool, the company empowers employees with the visibility to relevant career ... Employees in these situations oftentimes feel that their careers are put on hold the moment they participate in rotation. ...
Allmendinger, Jutta (1989): Career Mobility Dynamics. A Comparative Analysis of the United States, Norway, and West Germany. ...
John F. Regni
Regni's career encompassed a wide range of personnel, training and command assignments. His command tours included Base ... Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois March 1996 - June 1998, Director, Military Personnel Policy, Deputy ... Director of Personnel at Air Mobility Command; and Director of Military Personnel Policy at United States Air Force ...
Arne L. Kalleberg
... mechanisms of skill acquisition and career mobility; recruitment, selection, hiring and promotion processes; and the governance ... Research in Social Stratification and Mobility, Volumes 7, 8, 9. Greenwich, Connecticut: JAI Press. Lincoln, James R. and Arne ... "Gender Differences in Promotion in the United States and Norway." Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 14: 237-264. ... "Gender Differences in Promotion in the United States and Norway." Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 14: 237-264. ...
Injuries limited his playing time and mobility. During his career, he averaged 5.9 PPG, 1.1 BPG, 0.2 APG and 5.8 RPG. In 2007, ...
Thornton's professional career was as an oral surgeon. As of October 2015[update], Thornton and his wife were living in ... "Perry Reappoints to Regional Mobility Authority". Texas Construction. 18 (6): 71. July 1, 2010. Casey, Rick (July 23, 2000). " ... Manhattan.; "Former mayor appointed chair of regional mobility authority". San Antonio Business Journal. March 17, 2004. ...
Reagan, B. B. (1975). Two supply curves for economists? Implications of mobility and career attachment of women. The American ...
Also, spouses of SIEs are less reluctant to interrupt their own careers, at a time when dual-career issues are arguably ... For instance, Emerald Group Publishing in 2013 launched The Journal of Global Mobility: The home of expatriate management ... Vesa Suutari; Kristiina Mäkelä (25 September 2007). "The career capital of managers with global careers". Journal of Managerial ... "The big OE": self-directed travel and career development. Career Development International, 8(4): 170-181. Selmer, J., & ...
Bill Foster (basketball, born 1929)
Coaching career. Foster began his coaching career at Philadelphia-area high schools in the 1950s. One of his students in ... Foster was the author of four books, including "Upward Mobility in Coaching Basketball" and "Filling Seats=Dollars." He died on ... Foster's Division I career began in 1963 at Rutgers where he led the Scarlet Knights to an overall record of 120-75 (.615) in ... Later career. After leaving Northwestern, Foster became associate commissioner and director of basketball operations for ...
The early work in Granick's career focused on confined liquids. Granick was a pioneer in the field of nanorheology and ... Other early work concerned molecular mobility at polymer surfaces. This progressed to later studies showing how biological ... His laboratory became interested in many instances of molecular mobility measured at the single-molecule level, including ...
He has led researches on international career and mobility. He is currently teaching in and has been twice a visiting teacher ... "Global careers in French and German multinational corporations." Journal of Management Development 23.9 (2004): 885-902. ... "Revisiting repatriation concerns: organizational support versus career and contextual influences." Journal of International ...
David J. Campanale
His career included tours at bases in Indiana, Hawaii, New Hampshire, and Nebraska. He served as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the ... February 1992 - October 1994, senior enlisted adviser, Military Airlift Command and Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base ... 93rd Bomb Wing, Castle Air Force Base, California; and Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. Campanale served ...
"Career Point Annual report 2012-2013". www.nseindia.com. Career Point Ltd. 31 March 2013. p. 43. Retrieved 26 June 2014. " ... "India cram schools offer a chance at upward mobility". LA Times. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2014. "Hothousing their ... "Making education a career". livemint.com. Hindustan Times Press. 28 July 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2013. "The New Coaching ... An IIT Delhi alumnus and physics teacher, Pramod founded Career Point in 1993 as a professional tutoring company from a small ...
His career three-point-shot record is 1 for 22 (a 4.5% career percentage). O'Neal was a capable defender, named three times to ... His trademark mobility and explosion had been often absent. The corrective options ranged from reconstructive surgery on the ... O'Neal registered the first triple-double of his career, recording 24 points to go along with career highs of 28 rebounds and ... My whole career I had to play people one-on-one. Never once had to double or ask for a double. But it's cool", said O'Neal. ...
Photography and Social Mobility in the Career of Jacob Riis., in: Afterimage, Nr. 10, May 1983, pp. 9-16. Swienty, Tom. The ... Though his father had hoped that Jacob would have a literary career, Jacob wanted to be a carpenter. When he was 16, he became ... One of his personal victories, he later confessed, was not using his eventual fame to ruin the career of the offending officer ...
Barnetta started his career with his hometown team, St. Gallen for the 2002-2003 season. During his first professional season, ... Barnetta was known for his "extreme pace, mobility and creativity". Prior to moving to the MLS, Barnetta played football for ... He finished his Philadelphia career with 45 appearances and 6 goals. Barnetta signed a contract with St. Gallen on 14 November ... Known for his "extreme pace, mobility and creativity" on the left flank, FIFA's official website describes Barnetta as a " ...
Karl Gunnar Persson
He spent most of his career at the Department of Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. He began as a Senior Lecturer in ... Persson's early academic work was in sociometrics investigating social mobility. He returned to economic history in the early ...
Dave Wilson (American football)
... it affected his mobility for the rest of his career. Wilson spent his entire career with the Saints, until his retirement prior ... The highlight of Wilson's career was in 1980 against Ohio State on November 8, when he threw for 621 yards, an NCAA record that ... Career statistics and player information from NFL.com · Pro Football Reference v t e. ...
Issues in higher education in the United States
... tuition price wars and greater emphasis on career training. "Mobility Report Cards: The Role of Colleges in Intergenerational ... "Some Career Pathways Require a Four-Year Degree, Many Don't - US News". US News & World Report. Retrieved October 11, 2015. ... The type of degree one pursues will determine how safe and prosperous his/her career path is. A study published by the Pew ... PayScale also offers analysis of College ROI by career path. In 2018, the Urban Institute published a report on college ROI, ...
But his artistic career was severally influenced by two injuries: he lost his legs in a tramcar accident and an accident during ... Reduced mobility encouraged him to design small objects - medals and plaquettes. His first designs were presented at "Leningrad ...
Academic Cooperation Association
The Impact of International Experience on Former Students' and on Teachers' Careers (2009). ACA also publishes the ACA ... Österreichischer Austauschdienst GmbH (OeAD) Flanders Agency for Mobility and Cooperation in Higher Education (FKA) Dům ... The Picture in 2007 (2008) The Professional Value of ERASMUS Mobility. ... Student Mobility in European Higher Education (2006). Ulrich Grothus (2018 - present), Former Deputy Secretary-General, German ...
Women in government
Furthermore, mobility plays a crucial role in the work-family dynamic. Elected officials are usually required to commute long ... Careers in law, business, education, and government, professions in which women happen to be minorities, are common occupations ... Also, a woman's desire for a career in politics along with the extent that the respondent feels her family duties might inhibit ... Also helpful in her career was the support of influential mentors. While not a militant feminist, Willis blazed a trail for ...
Shiv Kumar Rai
Rai started his career as a reporter on a regional newspaper based in Madhya Pradesh. He was a prime time News Anchor with Zee ... Research on occupational mobility among slum dwellers of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Presented paper in 22nd All India Sociological ...
Claire Van Ummersen
Brown, G., Van Ummeren, C., & Phair, J. T. (2001). Breaking the barriers: Presidential strategies for enhancing career mobility ... Presidential Strategies for Enhancing Career Mobility (Advancing Women's Leadership II) From Where We Sit: Women's Perspectives ... Van Ummersen's academic and research career began when she was selected, while in Ph.D. program, as a member of Tuft's ... Outstanding Career Achievement Award USAF Air Research and Development Command Grant USAF School of Aviation of Medicine Grant ...
Laurel and Hardy
... but nonetheless suffered several strokes causing reduced mobility and speech. Despite his long and successful career, Hardy's ... Prior to emerging as a team, both had well-established film careers. Laurel had acted in over 50 films, and worked as a writer ... Jean Harlow had a small role in the silent short Double Whoopee (1929) and two other films in the early part of her career. ... The film was not commercial successful on its first release, and brought an end to Laurel and Hardy's film careers. Atoll K did ...
In his career as a composer he wrote music particularly for stage productions. Black was notable for maintaining a musical ... He had cerebral palsy from birth, affecting mobility in his right side. Black studied at The Juilliard School, graduating with ... career despite suffering from cerebral palsy from birth. He died at his home in Massachusetts in the summer of 2000. Black was ...
Dialect levelling in Britain
This indicates that mobility and social class appear to be two separate influences that do not necessarily go hand in hand. The ... to expect that employees are flexible and willing to work at different locations or to change locations throughout their career ... Kerswill, P. (2001). Mobility, meritocracy and dialect levelling: the fading (and phasing) out of Received Pronunciation. In P ... Kerswill, P., & Williams, A. (2000). Mobility and social class in dialect leveling: evidence from new and old towns in England ...
Ohio State University
"Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Archived from the original on December 28, 2009. Retrieved September 15, ... contributions to American society based on factors of social mobility, research, and service to the country by their graduates ... The program offers a series of academic camps each summer and counseling throughout the students' high school careers. Upon ... In surveys conducted in 2005 and 2006 by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE), Ohio State was ...
MIT professor risks career to reenergize discredited idea", The Boston Globe. *. Derry, Gregory Neil (2002), "What Science Is ... University of Southampton and Stanley Pons of the University of Utah hypothesized that the high compression ratio and mobility ... Daley 2004 calculates between 100 and 200 researchers, with damage to their careers. ... most suffering damage to their reputation and career. Since the main controversy over Pons and Fleischmann had ended, cold ...
... mobility, range of motion, strength, laterality and directional.[self-published source?] Music can both motivate and ... gave up his academic career to further investigate the possibility of music as a means for therapy. Clive Robbins, a special ...
Taylor, Philip (2007). Cham Muslims of the Mekong Delta: place and mobility in the cosmopolitan periphery. NUS Press. ISBN 978- ... Many Hoa delved into coconut and peanut oil production or began their humble careers as laborers on French rubber plantations ... Philip Taylor (2007). Cham Muslims of the Mekong Delta: Place and Mobility in the Cosmopolitan Periphery. NUS Press. pp. 255-. ...
United States Army Command and General Staff College
ILE students are normally mid-career field-grade officers preparing for battalion command or staff positions at the division, ... James F. Hamlet Chief of the Air Mobility Branch 1968-69. *Glenn K. Otis Deputy Chief of Staff 1976-78 ...
Schouten, M.J.C. Leadership and Social Mobility in a Southeast Asian society. Minahasa, 1677-1983. (Publisher: KITLV Press, ... A relatively large number of Minahasans pursued professional military careers in the colonial army (KNIL). Next to the South ... Schouten, M.J.C Leadership and social mobility in a Southeast Asian society (Publisher: KITLV Press, Leiden, 1998) ISBN 90-6718 ... Schouten, M.J.C Leadership and social mobility in a Southeast Asian society (Publisher: KITLV Press, Leiden, 1998) ISBN 90-6718 ...
Conservatism in the United States
Jack H. Schuster and Martin J. Finkelstein, The American Faculty: The Restructuring of Academic Work and Careers (2008) p. 145 ... allow us to enjoy the economic and social mobility that other countries envy" and "progressivism rejects American ...
The physical and mental health of many brought an early end to their careers. However, the job was well paid, with a typical ... starting the Sellars on a path of upward mobility.(pp19-20) In a later generation of factors, Evander McIver steadfastedly ... Those who were able to take this career path were usually trained by working under the direction of an experienced factor. Many ...
Later career. In the Crimea on 29 November 1855, the Nightingale Fund was established for the training of nurses during a ... Air Mobility Command Museum: "C-9 Nightingale". *^ "Historic C-9 heads to Andrews for retirement" ... She became Herbert's key adviser throughout his political career, though she was accused by some of having hastened Herbert's ... In those days, women of Nightingale's class did not attend universities and did not pursue professional careers; their purpose ...
With greater mobility, there was increased need for political leadership. During this time, few people entered Ute territory ... including those who left to attain college educations and careers. By 1990, there were about 7,800 Utes, with 2,800 living ... The acquisiton of horses from the Spanish changed their lifestyle dramatically, affecting mobility, hunting practices, and ...
"Private Career Colleges (PCCs)". Tcu.gov.on.ca. Archived from the original on June 16, 2016. Retrieved June 7, 2016.. ... Each higher education system aims to improve participation, access, and mobility for students. There are two central ... and private career colleges. The minister is Reza Moridi. The ministry administers laws covering 22 public universities,[93 ... and over 500 private career colleges. The Canadian constitution provides each province with the responsibility for higher ...
The increased mobility, sophistication, and independence of many women during and after the war made it possible for women to ... Women who had the option of a career instead of marriage labeled themselves New Women, and took their new opportunities very ...
Mobility allowances (Indennità di mobilità),: if the Redundancy Fund does not allow the company to re-establish a good ... Government site: One-Stop Career Centers - in each state. *Text of the California Unemployment Insurance Code ... financial situation, the workers can be entitled to mobility allowances. Other companies are provided incentives for employing ...
The success, organization, and mobility of the Mongol armies permitted them to fight on several fronts at once. All adult males ... Genghis Khan had encouraged foreign merchants early in his career, even before uniting the Mongols. Merchants provided ... Forces under the command of the Mongol Empire were trained, organized, and equipped for mobility and speed. Mongol soldiers ...
Education in England
... now questioning the sense of the career switch, said: "There is a profound lack of respect by senior staff and parents for the ... the evidence is clear that expanding the number of selective places is likely to be damaging to social mobility." ...
Culture of Canada
Glenn M. Wong (2009). The comprehensive guide to careers in sports. Jones & Bartlett Learning. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-7637-2884-7. ... Canada has always been like that, and stands in sharp contrast to the United States' internal mobility which is much higher. ...
Later in his career he also worked with Yiddish, Hebrew, and Chinese, as well as Germanic languages, and he also was invested ... who stressed the importance of education for upward social mobility, and turned the family increasingly away from Judaism. Even ... considered the Sapirs to be rural upstarts and were less than impressed with Sapir's career in an unpronounceable academic ... a course that would completely change the direction of his career. ...
Thus, actors learned to follow the instructions given them by B. F. Keith for fear of losing their careers forever. ... became a model of economic upward mobility for immigrant groups. ... Some performers such as Bert Lahr fashioned careers out of ... used vaudeville only as a launching pad for later careers. They left live performance before achieving the national celebrity ... the Palace provided what many vaudevillians considered the apotheosis of remarkable careers. A standard show bill would begin ...
Life and career. The NEEMO 13 Crew: Left to right: JAXA astronaut Satoshi Furukawa, Smith, NASA astronauts Nicholas ... Mobility. equipment. *Diving bell *Closed bell. *Wet bell. *Diving stage. *Swimfin *Monofin ...
EUROGEO-European Association of Geographers
SMILE (Soft Mobility In Learning English in Primary Schools) Erasmus Plus Project. 2015-2017 ... They work in a wide range of careers, as teachers and trainers, state and local government employees, planners, cartographers, ... EUROGEO activities include organising events, producing publications, supporting geographers in their jobs and careers, the ...
Missouri University of Science and Technology
It is named for Karl Hasselmann, a 1925 graduate in mining engineering, who had a prominent career in the oil industry. The ... developed durable wheels for terrain mobility, and 3-D printed gears used in the rover. ...
Early life, education, and early career. Wyden was born Ronald Lee Wyden in Wichita, Kansas, the son of Edith (née ... Senate Economic Mobility Caucus. *Senate Oceans Caucus. Political positions. Defense and foreign policy. On ...
Index of education articles
California Virtual Academies - Cambridge International Examinations - Campus novel - Campus university - Career development - ... Academic mobility - Academic rank - Academic Ranking of World Universities - Academic regalia - Academic Research Alliance - ... Career - Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education - Catholic education - Certificate of Higher Education - ...
William Slim, 1st Viscount Slim
Post-war careerEdit. Initial retirement from the armyEdit. At the end of 1945 Slim returned to the UK. On 1 January 1946, he ... His basic premise was that off-road mobility was paramount: much heavy equipment was exchanged for mule- or air-transported ... Interwar careerEdit. Slim became battalion adjutant with the 6th Gurkha Rifles in 1921. In 1926, he married Aileen Robertson, ... and maintained that though Wingate had a successful career in Palestine and Ethiopia he would discover that the Japanese were a ...
The more the article is used, cited, applied and built upon, the better for research as well as for the researcher's career.[ ... Similarly, many others have analysed "global" or international collaborations and mobility using the even more selective WoS ... especially for early-career researchers, seem to outweigh any perceived risk: rapid sharing of academic research, open access ... giving focus to issues such as career incentives, research evaluation and business models for publicly funded research. Plan S ...
Career. In Alaska, Barron raced the Iditarod three times during the early 1990s, and worked as fisherman on the Bering ... "Mobility" What the #%@!is That? 2016. *"Andy Kaufman Creeping through the Trees" Autumn Cthulhu 2016 ...
"O'Hanlon heads to Melbourne in career-best form". Athletics Australia. 1 March 2012. Archived from the original on 24 April ... As compared to other types of CP, and especially as compared to hypotonic or paralytic mobility disabilities, spastic CP is ... In fact, communication, mobility, education, home life, leisure and social relationships require participation, and indicate ... This further affects a child's mobility, strength, experience of pain, and can lead to missed schooling or child abuse ...
General Educational Development
Physical disability and chronic-health disability (such as blindness, low vision, hearing impairment, and mobility impairment ... "measure a foundational core of knowledge and skills that are essential for career and college readiness." ...
... have spoken about the formative impact their Wellesley experiences had on their careers. Secretary Albright also returns ... as measured by social mobility, research, and promoting public service. ...
Dance and health
Louis School of Medicine in 2007 showed Argentine tango was better at improving the mobility of Parkinson's disease sufferers ... Dancers risk injury within the course of their career, many retiring from active performance in their mid to late 30s. Since ... Eighty percent of professional dancers will be injured in some way during their careers; 50 percent of dancers from large ... Because a dance injury can ruin a career professional dancers are increasingly refusing to dance on anything else. In ballet ...
Choosing to be child-free: career mobility.
Verra Mobility Careers | Monster.com
Worker Retention Requires Boosting Career Mobility | Bloomberg Law
... but holding onto employees requires encouraging their career mobility, a talent management executive says. A study by... ... May 3 - It may sound like a paradox, but holding onto employees requires encouraging their career mobility, a talent management ... Establish "formal career pathing" for employees.. *Reward managers for developing employees and remove their vested interest in ... The top three sources respondents to the Cornerstone survey turn to for career advice are friends, family and peers or ...
Browsing Publications by Subject "Career Mobility"
American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) Career Mobility Scholarships | Cappex
Work Shifting Gets Boost from Mobility - Careers - News & Reviews - Baseline.com
... is rapidly becoming a thing of the past as many companies pursue alternative scheduling and take advantage of worker mobility. ... Careers Smart Moves. Enterprise Applications Update. Storage Report. Infrastructure Update. Linux & Open Source Update. ... Mobility is a driving factor, as the wealth of devices and apps out there enable staffers to get the job done anywhere at ... Work Shifting Gets Boost from Mobility. 93% of organizations plan to establish a flexible work environment by no later than the ...
Career Mobility Scholarships | American Nephrology Nurses Association
NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships (3 at $3,000) Dare to Soar Career Mobility Scholarship (1 at $1,000) - Sponsored by Rowena W ... Janel Parker Career Mobility Scholarship ($2,500) - Sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. ... Career Mobility Scholarships. Scholarships. *ANNA Career Mobility Scholarships (5 at $2,000). *Janel Parker Career Mobility ... NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships (3 at $3,000). *Dare to Soar Career Mobility Scholarship (1 at $1,000) - Sponsored by Rowena ...
NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships: | Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission
Beginning this year NNCC will award three (3) Career Mobility Scholarships annually. ... Career Mobility Scholarships are awarded annually to support a qualified CCHT, CCHT-A and/or CD/LPN/LVN. These scholarships ... Two (2) Career Mobility Scholarships are awarded annually to support a qualified CCHT, CCHT-A and/or CD/LPN/LVN. These ... Beginning this year NNCC will award three (3) Career Mobility Scholarships annually. ...
Mapping Careers and Mobility of Doctorate Holders
... Dratf Guidelines, Model Questionnaire and Indicators ... Not much is known however about their career and mobility patterns on the labour market. This is why the OECD launched in 2004 ... Institute for Statistics and Eurostat aimed at developing internationally comparable indicators on the careers and mobility of ...
Career Mobility | Profiles RNS
"Career Mobility" by people in this website by year, and whether "Career Mobility" was a major or minor topic of these ... "Career Mobility" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicines controlled vocabulary thesaurus, MeSH (Medical Subject ... Below are the most recent publications written about "Career Mobility" by people in Profiles. ... Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Career Mobility". ...
Looking Up and Looking Out: Career Mobility Effects of Demographic Similarity among Professionals - HBS Working Knowledge
... and comparison by looking at career mobility in a single up-or-out professional service organization. ... career mobility. On the flip side, we observe mobility costs accruing to professionals in workgroups with higher proportions of ... We investigate the role of workgroup sex and race composition on the career mobility of professionals in "up-or-out" ... Findings show that higher proportions of same-sex and same-race superiors enhanced the career mobility of junior professionals ...
2) $2000.00 CCHT Career Mobility Scholarships Available | Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission
b) Can I submit an application for a Postdoc.Mobility fellowship and for another career grant in parallel (for example, for...
b) Can I submit an application for a Postdoc.Mobility fellowship and for another career grant in parallel (for example, for ... NavigationActivePage_HintTextb) Can I submit an application for a Postdoc.Mobility fellowship and for another career grant in ... Postdoc.Mobility grants can only be requested for periods where no other funding has been awarded by the SNSF or third parties ... However, it is possible to apply for funding or for a return grant starting after expiry of the Postdoc.Mobility fellowship. ...
ERIC - EJ857737 - The Relative Importance of Motives for International Self-Initiated Mobility, Career Development...
Design/methodology/approach: The approach takes a multi-dimensional perspective of mobility, resulting in the development of a ... Findings: The importance of the cultural and travel opportunities and career motives are highlighted as the most important ... Within these motives, opportunities for travel and adventure and for career development were central. Economics was ranked as ... range of motives for self-initiated mobility. The paper employs a quantitative methodology, with over 2,600 internet survey ...
Career Mobility: Language : ArcLearn
Oracle Cloud HCM 2020 Spring Product Update | Oracle Pakistan
Redesigning Career Mobility. In todays environment, your organization is going to have new needs that may be hard to fill ... Our new offering, Opportunity Marketplace, improves career mobility and retention by helping employees: *Discover ways to learn ... See how Oracle HCM Cloud is redefining the human / machine relationship, redesigning career mobility and rethinking the HR ... who navigate this time successfully will be those using technology to offer innovative options to grow skills and careers. ...
Temporary Employment | Encyclopedia.com
Career-path mobility:. Temporary employment can often lead to full-time temporary positions or to permanent positions. ... The wide variety of firms using temporary employees provides for ample career exploration. ... companies the opportunity to test patterns of employment trends and gives employees the opportunity to explore various careers ...
5 Exercises to Improve Wrist Mobility
These five elbow and wrist mobility stretches, however, can help ward off the numbness and tingling that are precursors to much ... Launch a career youll love and save up to $300 on certification study programs. Ends Feb 28. ... Launch a career youll love and save up to $300 on certification study programs. Ends Feb 28. ... The following stretches, which will help improve mobility in the lower arms, can be performed in just minutes a day while ...
Stability vs. Mobility: What's the Difference?
Here are six things you should know about the stability and mobility relationships in the body, along with a few exercises that ... doing exercises that can establish optimal mobility and stability relationships in the body is essential for staying injury- ... Career. 8 Fitness Trends for 2018 by Pete McCall. on December 26, 2017. ... The loss of mobility at one joint in these segments, even the loss of mobility in a single plane of motion, can affect the ...
Career management - Harmony & Mobility Consulting
What it's like to work here | EY - India
Flexibility and mobility. Careers are changing. Technology and automation are transforming what a job looks - and feels - like ... Personalized career development. With energy, drive and imagination, theres no limit to where your career can go. As you grow ... Discover what they learned here, the career pathway they followed and, most importantly, what could come after an EY career. ... Innovation-driven careers. Work with emerging technologies. Pursue new opportunities. Reinvent yourself every day. Our culture ...
Academic mobility - BioScience Careers
Crossing continents for your research career: A personal journey International academic mobility: Towards a concentration of ... Global mobility: science on the move Non-tenured post-doctoral researchers job mobility and research output: An analysis of ... Influence of international mobility on the attitudes of researchers. Entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and scientific mobility ... Academic Mobility, in Nina Maadad , Malcolm Tight (ed.) Academic Mobility (International Perspectives on Higher Education ...
Bachelor's Degree in Geomatic and Surveying Engineering: UPV
Novartis announces winners of the Innovation Prize for Assistive Tech, rewarding new technologies that could improve mobility...
Careers*Your Career*Global Career Search. *Teams and Skills. *Gene Therapies Careers ... It empowers people with mobility and communication challenges to be more connected with the world around them through features ... The Novartis Innovation Prize: Assistive Tech for MS identifies and embraces technology that aims to improve the mobility, ... To support pioneering solutions for increased mobility and accessibility, Novartis worked with WIRED Brand Lab, alongside other ...
MA Migration & Mobility | Goldsmiths, University of London
Migration and mobility are fundamental forces shaping both political and economic debates and peoples social and intimate ... Study MA Migration and Mobility at Goldsmiths to explore key social, political and economic debates in the interdisciplinary ... gain from this MA will also equip you with the right theoretical and practical experience to go into a wide range of careers ... Investigating Migration and Mobility Investigating Migration and Mobility 30 credits. This module builds on Critical Concepts ...
Careers | DLA Piper Global Law Firm
Global Mobility. We are committed to providing our people with the opportunity to experience an international secondment. ... Building your Career. Our people are at the very heart of our business; thats why we are committed to ensuring everyone has ... To start your career with us, we are offering the opportunity to secure an internship, to give you an insight into what life is ... Building your career. Our people are at the very heart of our business; thats why we are committed to ensuring everyone has ...
University of Glasgow - Colleges - College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences - News and Events - MVLS Newsletters - Summer...
Principals Early Career Mobility Scheme Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:54:00 BST ... The BBSRC are investing funds through the Flexible Talent Mobility Account to support early career researchers. ... MVLS challenged its early career researchers to explain their research in a 60 second film that could be understood by a non- ...
Speaker - IAA Mobility
Robotics: Mobility | Coursera
Start or advance your career. *Google Data Analyst. *Google Project Management. *Google UX Design ... the problem of mobility can not be well covered in short time, but this course gives a good introduction to problems ... We start with a general consideration of animals, the exemplar of mobility in nature. This leads us to adopt the stance of ... The final section of this weeks lesson brings you to the horizons of research into legged mobility. We give examples of how ...
20202017Nephrology Nursing Certification CommissionScholarshipsUpward mobilityResearchers2018People'sIntergenerational mobility2019Personalize your own careerEconomic MobilityResearchTrajectoriesBarriers to mobilityPathwayUrban MobilityDownward mobilityOpportunitiesExplorePeoplePursueInnovationPathwaysOrganizationsSearchBoostRetentionWorkLPNsDemographyFutureEmployeesInternshipImprove mobilityInternal mobilityDevelopmentOrientationSupportScientistsProfessionalExperienceFactorsInnovativeTechnologyOrganizationSustainableTrajectoryAimsNursesCohortLabourSolutionsGrantsDataSocialInternships
- The MA Migration and Mobility is closed for 2020-21 entry. (gold.ac.uk)
- In 2020 she spent six months mentoring for the Social Mobility Foundation, a UK charity that supports high-achieving young people from low-income backgrounds to gain access to top universities and professions. (macquarie.com)
- The mobility grants can be provided through, among others, the Erasmus+ programme , Erasmus for young entrepreneurs (COSME programme of the European Union for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises), STARTS Residency programme and The STARTS initiative (Science, Technology & the Arts initiative of the European Commission, launched under the Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme of the EU). (europa.eu)
- I needed an internship to graduate in 2017, but I was able to land a job that gave me the internship credit but was also a full-time career, and I was there for 18 months. (osu.edu)
Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission1
- For NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships , candidates must hold current certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC). (annanurse.org)
- Career Mobility Scholarships will be awarded annually to support qualified ANNA members in the pursuit of either a BSN or advanced degree in nursing. (annanurse.org)
- Two (2) Career Mobility Scholarships are awarded annually to support a qualified CCHT, CCHT-A and/or CD/LPN/LVN. (nncc-exam.org)
- Beginning this year NNCC will award three (3) Career Mobility Scholarships annually. (nncc-exam.org)
- The NNCC is now offering two (2) new CCHT Career Mobility Scholarships to support a qualified technician's continuing education and development or support of a program to improve patient outcomes in the health science field. (nncc-exam.org)
- See why nursing is the fastest-growing occupation in the US, along with organizations, links, and scholarships to help you begin your career. (discovernursing.com)
- Lifetime and springboard jobs are both strong options for people seeking upward mobility. (jff.org)
- and that although the chances of upward mobility differ greatly from one neighbourhood to the next, in nearly every part of America the path for black boys is steeper. (wikipedia.org)
- A study conducted by the Pew Charitable Trusts found that the bottom quintile is 57% likely to experience upward mobility and only 7% to experience downward mobility. (wikipedia.org)
- citation needed] If a parent's income had no effect on a child's opportunity for future upward mobility, approximately 20% of poor children who started in the bottom quintile (in the bottom 20% of the US range of incomes) would remain there as poor adults. (wikipedia.org)
- The expectation, Chetty said, is that by linking all those data, the researchers will be able to clarify the extent to which an institution's strong performance is due to the quality of the students it is admitting as opposed to "treatment effects" -- the actual value added to the typical student's economic mobility by a particular program or set of interventions. (insidehighered.com)
- Starting with a two-afternoon (Eastern time) virtual event Dec. 10-11, and continuing with monthly webinars into early 2021, EWA will gather some of the nation's leading researchers and practitioners of career education as well as labor market experts and employers for a series of interactive and on-the-record webinars. (ewa.org)
- researchers at the Minnesota Traffic Observatory (MTO) will work to improve the mobility of people and goods across the nation as part of the new Freight Mobility Research Institute, a Tier 1 University Transportation Center funded in 2016. (umn.edu)
- We take up the issue of performance differences between male and female researchers, and investigate the change of performance differences during the early career. (springer.com)
- Altogether, the fraction of entering researchers who achieve full careers has diminished, while the class of temporary scientists has escalated. (pnas.org)
- How does the shifting landscape of science over the past half-century affect the roles of new researchers and their overall careers? (pnas.org)
- LKAS Fellow Sophie Bradley chats about the new mentoring scheme introduced for Early Career Researchers as well as advice on career pathways. (gla.ac.uk)
- In fact, our students and over 200 researchers who conduct research on mobility related issues, are committed to accelerate the transition to a sustainable mobile future. (tue.nl)
- May Mobility hired me as a supervisor in Columbus in 2018, and since then I became a manager in Rhode Island launching the world's first public transit autonomous service and then moved to Michigan to manage our Detroit site. (osu.edu)
- In May 2018, we created Airbus Urban Mobility to take our exploration into cutting-edge commercial urban air mobility solutions and services to the next level. (airbus.com)
- Migration and mobility are fundamental forces shaping both political and economic debates and people's social and intimate lives. (gold.ac.uk)
- You'll study in an academic community that is engaged with the key social and political issues shaping people's im/mobilities around the globe. (gold.ac.uk)
- Working with Burning Glass, we looked at people's actual career histories by analyzing millions of resumes and identified three major categories of middle-skill occupations: "lifetime," "springboard," and "static" jobs. (jff.org)
- The clear star of the show was the Stanford University economist Raj Chetty, whose name has become synonymous with a piece of research he and several co-authors published early this year showing how every college in the country fared on various measures of "intergenerational mobility," defined broadly as propelling students from low-income backgrounds into the middle class or higher. (insidehighered.com)
- In recent years, several studies have found that vertical intergenerational mobility is lower in the US than in some European countries. (wikipedia.org)
Personalize your own career1
- How will you personalize your own career at EY? (ey.com)
- Our intent is to contribute to conversations and learning that will support family social and economic mobility. (jff.org)
- BOOST emphasizes pathways to long-term economic mobility for learners and their families, with approaches that reflect the demands of local labor markets and incorporate community input. (jff.org)
- It takes a fresh look at the career pathways approach that has been around for more than a decade but has not always led to long-term economic mobility. (jff.org)
- At Achieving the Dream's DREAM 2021 conference in February 2021, JFF explored what it looks like to build comprehensive pathways grounded in real people and real places that equip learners for long-term economic mobility. (jff.org)
- A study published in 2008 showed that economic mobility in the U.S. increased from 1950 to 1980, but has declined sharply since 1980. (wikipedia.org)
- Many Americans strongly believe the U.S. is a "Land of Opportunity" that offers every child an equal chance at social and economic mobility. (wikipedia.org)
- Are you considering whether to move to a different country, institution or research group as part of your career plan? (biosciencecareers.org)
- Global Mobility of Research Scientists: The economics of who goes where and why , 2015, Aldo Geuna (Ed.), Elsevier. (biosciencecareers.org)
- The Novartis Innovation Prize represents a great opportunity to help the world understand the impact of living with multiple sclerosis, but also to explore how technology and innovation facilitates mobility and fosters connection for the MS community," said Tim Coetzee, Chief Advocacy, Services, and Research Officer, National MS Society and a prize judge. (novartis.com)
- The government has introduced several attractive funding opportunities, with the aim of bringing back scientists working abroad to establish a long-term career here, and improving the overall research infrastructure. (nature.com)
- Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (WT/DBT) fellowships, for example, have no age or nationality restrictions, relying on qualifications, research experience, career trajectory and the candidate's determination to establish their own independent research. (nature.com)
- A New ERA for Research Careers? (sciencemag.org)
- Amsterdam (ots/PRNewswire) - New global research from Booking.com, digital e-commerce and technology leader, reveals that more than three in five women (64%) globally say that being female positively impacts their ability to pursue a career in tech. (presseportal.de)
- The conference was the first convened by the Collegiate Leaders in Increasing Mobility research initiative, which is a -- well, it isn't entirely clear what CLIMB is, even after a day of compelling conversation involving a lot of important leaders and thinkers in higher education. (insidehighered.com)
- Research by the latest recipients of the Janet Taylor Spence Award for Transformative Early Career Contributions includes romantic relationship initiation, the psychological processes that guide moral judgment, and the link between socioeconomic inequality and children's cognitive and brain development. (psychologicalscience.org)
- The R&D Scientist has the responsibility, to perform research and development towards new and improved hybrid ion mobility / mass spectrometer products. (icims.com)
- However, another, and perhaps more fundamental, aspect of success is the ability to perform research over the full extent of someone's career, rather than leaving the field prematurely. (pnas.org)
- Guest speaker Peter Hegemann from Humbolt University chats with us about his research career, being persistent and highs and lows of science. (gla.ac.uk)
- Mobility, whether for work, study, research, co-production, or participation in a residency or exchange programme, is an integral part of the regular practice and career of artists and cultural professionals. (europa.eu)
- ESICM NEXT trainees and young specialists, we are delighted to announce a new opportunity to boost your career opportunities, research productivity, and personal growth: The NEXT-Mentoring Project. (esicm.org)
- Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'The relationship between career mobility and occupational expertise. (utwente.nl)
- The digitalization of vehicles and mobility and transport services leads to an increased need for research in a traditional strong competence area of Eindhoven University of Technology. (tue.nl)
- The Mobility Foundation Center for Rehabilitation Research was established in the early 1990s at UT Southwestern Medical Center. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Its purpose is to advance research in spinal cord injury, stroke, and other mobility-limiting disease processes and provide education on injury prevention. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- The primary focus is to apply research aimed at providing improved therapies for mobility impaired patients. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Research within the Mobility Foundation Center is made possible by the Mobility Foundation Center Endowment, the Lone Star Paralysis Foundation Fund, and the Kent Waldrep Fund for Clinical Research in Spinal Cord Injury. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- To support innovative, early-stage translational and clinical research in stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, and other disorders that may limit mobility to improve the lives of our patients. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- The Mobility Foundation Center will be a force in the development of groundbreaking research in the neurosciences and rehabilitation at UT Southwestern. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- We discuss the findings in the context of generating more research to address the challenges of talent management in the 21st century knowledge economies where there is greater career mobility and boundarylessness in the workforce. (frontiersin.org)
- Her research, published in more than 40 professional articles and case studies, centers on careers, strategic human resource management, and leadership development. (wiley.com)
- Ed Schein, who first coined the term "corporate culture" writes in the Foreword, "This book should launch a whole new era of research on career and organizational evolution. (wiley.com)
Barriers to mobility1
- The Commission supports and complements the actions of Member States to reduce barriers to mobility for artists and cultural professionals. (europa.eu)
- Discover what they learned here, the career pathway they followed and, most importantly, what could come after an EY career. (ey.com)
- For BOOST communities, pathway design starts by asking this question: What are the conditions in which short-term training can actually lead to long-term career advancement? (jff.org)
- Guest speaker Alison Lloyd from the MRC laboratory at UCL talks about her career pathway, creativity and independence in academia. (gla.ac.uk)
- Airbus Urban Mobility focuses on better connecting people by bringing the safety, convenience and joy of flight to city inhabitants. (airbus.com)
- Airbus Urban Mobility works with public and private stakeholders to set up the necessary regulatory and public co-creation frameworks that will ensure urban air mobility achieves maximum societal benefits. (airbus.com)
- Airbus Urban Mobility is exploring how urban air mobility can bring an added mobility solution to a city's existing infrastructure network for the benefit of its citizens. (airbus.com)
- The upward or downward mobility in an occupation or the change from one occupation to another. (umassmed.edu)
- Make talent visibility a priority" by engaging in strategic workforce planning and asking whether the organization is making real career opportunities available and visible to the talent pool, as well as providing support structures to facilitate internal career moves. (bna.com)
- Findings: The importance of the cultural and travel opportunities and career motives are highlighted as the most important motives in a decision to be mobile. (ed.gov)
- Within these motives, opportunities for travel and adventure and for career development were central. (ed.gov)
- As you grow and develop here, you'll discover opportunities to help customize your career journey, so that it's as unique as you are. (ey.com)
- To this end, I have written a blog which covers many of these issues, as well as suggesting alternative strategies for those who are looking for inspirational career opportunities, but are largely confined to a particular geographic region. (biosciencecareers.org)
- We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates and business support professionals, in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. (dlapiper.com)
- To do that, they tap one another's unique areas of expertise and analyze labor market data to identify the career opportunities that are available, and the skills that are in demand, in specific sectors of the local economy. (jff.org)
- Because of this, our teams come from all kinds of different cultures and backgrounds - so a career in human resources as a people & culture advisor is always going to be exciting, challenging and full of incredible opportunities. (bp.com)
- Nursing offers diversity in roles and settings, a wide range of career paths and employment opportunities, and competitive salaries. (berkshirecc.edu)
- CGG encourages individual career ownership while supporting our people with world-class learning and development opportunities, enabling them to realize their full potential. (cgg.com)
- This not only provides opportunities for career growth, it also serves as a quality assurance for our clients. (cgg.com)
- It seeks to improve the environment for mobility by providing funding and opportunities, and ensuring that information and advice is comprehensive and readily available. (europa.eu)
- At the other end of income spectrum, if children were born into wealthy families in the top 20%, only 20% would stay in that top income category if their mobility opportunities were equal to every other child's in the country. (wikipedia.org)
- Mobility opportunities are different for poor and wealthy children in the US. (wikipedia.org)
- Learn about career opportunities, search for positions and apply for a job. (massgeneral.org)
- Start your semester off on the right foot and jump on these Career Services opportunities! (pace.edu)
- Here you will find all Group opportunities, to take an active role in your career development. (pierre-fabre.com)
- 9. The Opportunities and Constraints of Career Imprints. (wiley.com)
- Temporary employment gives companies the opportunity to test patterns of employment trends and gives employees the opportunity to explore various careers. (encyclopedia.com)
- Work shifting provides people with added mobility and flexibility to move work to the most convenient and productive times, locations and devices," says Mick Hollison, vice president, integrated marketing and strategy for Citrix. (baselinemag.com)
- This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Career Mobility" by people in this website by year, and whether "Career Mobility" was a major or minor topic of these publications. (umassmed.edu)
- Below are the most recent publications written about "Career Mobility" by people in Profiles. (umassmed.edu)
- It empowers people with mobility and communication challenges to be more connected with the world around them through features like safe navigation, 360-computer vision, smart home connectivity and more. (novartis.com)
- In return, we offer a dynamic and diverse environment in which people can build a long and fruitful career and have their success rewarded. (dlapiper.com)
- An enabler whose primary job is to enhance the performance of a team and its individual members, and to create an environment in which people can achieve their career goals. (degreed.com)
- In this enablement capacity, the People Leader coaches, mentors, clears obstacles, provides success tips and encouragement, inspires people to reach higher, and provides the necessary resources and tools to support performance, growth, and career mobility . (degreed.com)
- JFF embraces the tenets of the BOOST initiative to help community partners build long-term pathways grounded in real people and real places to help learners launch careers. (jff.org)
- At May Mobility, it is all about having a great culture and building a future that benefits all people. (osu.edu)
- Urban air mobility leverages the sky to better link people to cities and regions, giving them more possibilities to connect. (airbus.com)
- 4. People: Characteristics and Susceptibility to Career Imprinting. (wiley.com)
- Going to work is rapidly becoming a thing of the past as many companies pursue alternative scheduling and take advantage of worker mobility. (baselinemag.com)
- I have always had a desire to pursue Web Development as a career and having a passion for web technologies and product development made my experience at Citrix very worthwhile. (citrix.com)
- To pursue this career, you must enjoy math and science, be a caring, compassionate person, be very precise about your work and be able to communicate effectively. (icc.edu)
- Jobs are rock solid and career mobility is a big incentive to pursue the career. (onlinenursingdegrees.org)
- The Novartis Innovation Prize: Assistive Tech for MS identifies and embraces technology that aims to improve the mobility, accessibility and activities of daily life for these individuals and others living with mobility-limiting conditions. (novartis.com)
- seems particularly relevant as it has been shown to be related to boundaryless career attitudes - that various writers have argued are particularly relevant to knowledge workers operating in the innovation sector (e.g. (frontiersin.org)
- The result is a compelling new theory about exactly what happens in the early stages of careers to shape true leaders who can guide innovation and entrepreneurship. (wiley.com)
- Students and teachers described what is, and isn't, helping students get practical job skills during a December 12 session at the Education Writers Association's " Pathways to Good Jobs: Higher Ed's Changing Role in Social Mobility " seminar. (ewa.org)
- Guest speaker Robert Edwards from Newcastle University talks academic career pathways, mobility and science communication. (gla.ac.uk)
- Social comparisons lead to measurable effects on individuals' careers, in turn shaping the demographic composition at the top of professional service organizations. (hbs.edu)
- We investigate the role of workgroup sex and race composition on the career mobility of professionals in "up-or-out" organizations. (hbs.edu)
- The goal is to give organizations a complete enterprise mobility infrastructure offering, according to officials with both companies. (eweek.com)
- 8. The Legacy of Career Imprints for Organizations. (wiley.com)
- Whether you want to study for the NCLEX, job search, or prep for interviews, these tools can help launch your nursing career. (discovernursing.com)
- But, smart design of urban areas - empowering slower mobility options such as walking and cycling - will also boost enhanced mobility. (tue.nl)
- Of course, on the downside, there are disadvantages associated with academic mobility, especially in terms of professional work:personal life balance considerations. (biosciencecareers.org)
- Take five minutes and discover which nursing specialties might be a good career fit for you based on your skills, interests, and work style. (discovernursing.com)
- Dominique Aman has enjoyed many career highlights in her short time with Macquarie, both in the work she does and in the other initiatives with which she's involved. (macquarie.com)
- Initial work will focus on improving freight mobility through information technology, freight network modeling and operations, intermodal logistics, and freight and supply chain sustainability. (umn.edu)
- I currently work at May Mobility in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (osu.edu)
- Monica Higgins' groundbreaking work, Career Imprints , offers bold and original insights into the way in which talent-laden companies spawn new businesses, as Baxter alums did for the biotech industry. (wiley.com)
- LPNs and RNs are needed in New Mexico - absolutely the best news you can hear if your career dream is as a nurse. (onlinenursingdegrees.org)
- We develop a nuanced perspective on the potential career mobility effects of workgroup demography by integrating the social identification processes of cohesion, competition, and comparison. (hbs.edu)
- The IAA newsletter - Get the latest on the future of mobility. (iaa.de)
- At the same time, we are side-by-side with our customers when it comes to the key trends for the future: e-mobility, autonomous driving and digital manufacturing. (thyssenkrupp.com)
- Fraunhofer scientists are analyzing and evaluating the development of trends within the fields of mobility and transport in light of what this means for the future. (fraunhofer.de)
- At TU/e we believe that a future of fully sustainable mobility is possible and within reach. (tue.nl)
- Is autonomy the future of aerial mobility? (airbus.com)
- TRUMPF lasers open up a wide range of manufacturing options to the automotive industry in all areas of electro-mobility, paving the way for a mobile future. (trumpf.com)
- AJD2 aims to provide a solid basis for future efforts to understand the changing character of legal careers. (umich.edu)
- May 3 - It may sound like a paradox, but holding onto employees requires encouraging their career mobility, a talent management executive says. (bna.com)
- In 50 locations around the world where we do business, we encourage and maintain professional mobility among our employees. (cgg.com)
- Learn more about how AI and ML are built into the system to help employees navigate life and career changes with ease. (oracle.com)
- This new Workspace Solution is excellent for companies moving into the second stage of their mobility journey-where their focus is on providing all the applications, content and services their employees need on their devices. (eweek.com)
- The present study investigates the relationship between two career-related variables and occupational expertise of higher-level employees from large working organisations in three different age groups. (utwente.nl)
- This paper reports an empirical study conducted to examine the relationship between employees' Entrepreneurial, Professional, and Leadership (EPL) career motivations and their intrapreneurial motivation. (frontiersin.org)
- We also adapt an existing self-report measure of E, P, and L career motivations (previously developed and used with university students) for use with working adult organizational employees. (frontiersin.org)
- In this important book, Higgins shows that an organization's "career imprint"¾the result of company systems, structure, strategy, and culture¾that employees take with them throughout their careers is the key to creating great leaders. (wiley.com)
- To start your career with us, we are offering the opportunity to secure an internship, to give you an insight into what life is like at DLA Piper. (dlapiper.com)
- I applied online for this internship on Citrix careers page and I was put in contact with the University Relations recruitment team. (citrix.com)
- The following stretches, which will help improve mobility in the lower arms, can be performed in just minutes a day while sitting at a desk or in the car. (acefitness.org)
- We chatted with Tomasz Krawczyk, who leads our US&C Community Operations team, about how he drives a culture of internal mobility, on-the-job growth, and inclusion across the team. (uber.com)
- Design/methodology/approach: The approach takes a multi-dimensional perspective of mobility, resulting in the development of a range of motives for self-initiated mobility. (ed.gov)
- Nearly 350 individuals received funding for professional mobility periods, including production-oriented residencies and professional development activities, from a total of €620 million of available support. (europa.eu)
- Working at Pierre Fabre means being part of a Group where everyone has their place and career development prospects are plentiful. (pierre-fabre.com)
- Higgins' concepts will leave their imprint on careers, company cultures, and industry development. (wiley.com)
- Before I applied, another had been denied entry because the administrators didn't believe her orientation and mobility skills were strong enough for her to handle the trip. (miusa.org)
- Nevertheless, it has come to our attention that services for some blind and visually impaired students are not appropriately addressing their unique educational and learning needs, particularly their needs for instruction in literacy, self-help skills, and orientation and mobility. (nfb.org)
- We want to support our customers in transforming their industry even better - with specific material solutions for the conventional drives of today, as well as for the e-mobility of tomorrow. (thyssenkrupp.com)
- We support our customers with the specific solutions they need - for today's conventional drive as well as for the mobility of tomorrow. (thyssenkrupp.com)
- Whether electric mobility, lightweight construction, autonomous driving or intelligent chassis: Together with our customers, we find the answer to every challenge - and support them with exactly the solutions they need. (thyssenkrupp.com)
- The participants received between €1,500 - €3,400 each to support their mobility. (europa.eu)
- In 2012, an OMC EU Member States' expert group issued a policy report proposing five key principles for building and maintaining a strong framework to support the mobility of artists and cultural professionals, while another OMC group completed a Policy Handbook on Artists' Residencies in December 2014 . (europa.eu)
- Would you like to know how we can provide you with optimum support on your path to electro-mobility? (trumpf.com)
- See how Oracle HCM Cloud is redefining the human / machine relationship, redesigning career mobility and rethinking the HR experience. (oracle.com)
- Optimal mobility allows a joint to experience full, unrestricted motion while controlling the constantly moving axis of rotation. (acefitness.org)
- You want an experience, a challenge and a launching pad for lifelong relationships and career growth. (ey.com)
- The industry's main focus will, therefore, need to switch from production and the technical product to intelligent mobility and the customer experience. (fujitsu.com)
- The career of Emily Yasukochi, senior associate at Nelson\Nygaard, has offered an incredible variety of experience and institutions considering it's all been centered around transit and sustainable transportation. (planetizen.com)
- SAP Mobility Developer Position Description CGI is seeking a Senior SAP Mobility Developer with hands-on experience with SAP's Agentry. (dice.com)
- Furthermore, the Worth Partnership Project funded by COSME covers includes design and offers specific mobility actions, while the Makers' mobility pilot project aims at testing actions supporting mobility and the exchange of experience between the cultural and creative industries, creative hubs, maker-spaces and fab-labs. (europa.eu)
- A simple employee experience, a smoother mobility process with a single point of entry. (pierre-fabre.com)
- 5. Paths: The Baxter Career Experience and Resulting Career Imprint. (wiley.com)
- We provide an interpretation of our empirical results in terms of a survival model from which we infer potential factors of success in scientific career survivability. (pnas.org)
- By understanding these factors, staff, human resource executives, and CEOs can analyze their own organization's career imprint and develop leaders. (wiley.com)
- Companies who navigate this time successfully will be those using technology to offer innovative options to grow skills and careers. (oracle.com)
- This significant population growth is expected to create a real need for innovative mobility options as ground infrastructure becomes increasingly congested. (airbus.com)
- The prize judging panel consisted of a wide variety of experts including accessibility leaders, representatives from the MS patient community, investors, and consumer technology experts within the mobility and healthcare space. (novartis.com)
- Today's mobility places the highest demands on modern chassis technology. (thyssenkrupp.com)
- An adjustment to payment for routine visits furnished to beneficiaries for whom the use of specialized mobility-assistive technology (such as adjustable height chairs or tables, patient lifts, and adjustable padded leg supports) is medically necessary. (aapc.com)
- The AJD2 dataset allows for the analysis of a broad range of questions about the careers of lawyers and the social organization of the American legal profession. (umich.edu)
- Career Imprints shows why Baxter was so successful in spawning senior executives and offers an understanding of what it takes for an organization to produce leaders that will dominate an industry for years to come. (wiley.com)
- However, our mobility is currently enabled by a system that is not sustainable due to accidents, pollution, congestion and the inefficient use of public space. (tue.nl)
- We believe that TU/e can significantly contribute to speed up the transition towards a sustainable mobility system. (tue.nl)
- However, our current mobility system is far from sustainable. (tue.nl)
- Smart Mobility at TU/e focuses on technological solutions to societal problems like emissions, traffic jams and accidents by preventing unnecessary transport and making the necessary mobility more sustainable. (tue.nl)
- Her career trajectory with Macquarie has been steep, receiving a promotion to Associate within two years. (macquarie.com)
- In addition to the Creative Europe programme, a number of other EU initiatives and programmes aims at supporting mobility in Europe, including also for cultural and creative sectors. (europa.eu)
- A passionate advocate for lifelong learning, Dr. Harper wasn't surprised to see education front-and-center in the IOM report, which asserts that nurses should be educated with physicians and other health professionals as students and throughout their careers. (issuu.com)
- Many experienced nurses actually go on from here later in their careers to add on more advanced degrees, including the very popular RN to BSN and MSN degree or post-grad specializations . (onlinenursingdegrees.org)
- The After the JD (AJD) project is a longitudinal study that is designed to track the careers of a nationally representative cohort of lawyers admitted to the bar in the year 2000. (umich.edu)
- The first wave of the After the JD Study (AJD1) [ICPSR 26302] provided a snapshot of the personal lives and careers of this cohort about three years after they began practicing law. (umich.edu)
- Not much is known however about their career and mobility patterns on the labour market. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- New lifestyle models, modern technologies and pollution call for new mobility solutions. (fraunhofer.de)
- New mobility systems and services An increasing volume of mobility data will lead to an exponential growth in smart mobility solutions. (tue.nl)
- In numerous projects and initiatives, together we develop solutions for the upcoming challenges posed by electro-mobility. (trumpf.com)
- Are you one of the many PhDs considering a career in data science? (nature.com)
- Journalists will be able to meet and interview sources, get training on new and underutilized data sets revealing earnings from career-oriented educational programs, and swap tips and ideas among themselves. (ewa.org)
- In the Fraunhofer project entitled "Shared use of e-mobility: vehicles, data and infrastructure", or GeMo for short, they are working hard to transform this vision into reality. (fraunhofer.de)
- These and similar data have led to calls for rethinking academic careers, and to discussions of the need for policy interventions to address this growing problem ( 5 , 9 , 13 ). (pnas.org)
- AUSTIN, Tex. -- American higher education purports to be a driver of economic and social mobility, and compared to many other countries' systems, it is. (insidehighered.com)
- She also continues to be involved in social mobility initiatives. (macquarie.com)
- Socioeconomic mobility typically refers to "relative mobility", the chance that an individual American's income or social status will rise or fall in comparison to other Americans, but can also refer to "absolute" mobility, based on changes in living standards in America. (wikipedia.org)
- US social mobility has either remained unchanged or decreased since the 1970s. (wikipedia.org)
- A 2013 Brookings Institution study found income inequality was increasing and becoming more permanent, sharply reducing social mobility. (wikipedia.org)
- Outstanding academics, career-building internships, generous financial aid, and a flexible transfer credit policy. (pace.edu)