Any significant change in measures of climate (such as temperature, precipitation, or wind) lasting for an extended period (decades or longer). It may result from natural factors such as changes in the sun's intensity, natural processes within the climate system such as changes in ocean circulation, or human activities.
Identifying potential synergies and trade-offs for meeting food security and climate change objectives in sub-Saharan Africa. (1/28)(+info)
Changes in travel-related carbon emissions associated with modernization of services for patients with acute myocardial infarction: a case study. (2/28)(+info)
Clinical transformation: the key to green nephrology. (3/28)(+info)
Greenhouse gas emissions from alternative futures of deforestation and agricultural management in the southern Amazon. (4/28)(+info)
The carbon footprint of a renal service in the United Kingdom. (5/28)(+info)
Trading carbon for food: global comparison of carbon stocks vs. crop yields on agricultural land. (6/28)(+info)
Reducing the environmental impact of trials: a comparison of the carbon footprint of the CRASH-1 and CRASH-2 clinical trials. (7/28)(+info)
The leverage of demographic dynamics on carbon dioxide emissions: does age structure matter? (8/28)(+info)
AUO announces carbon footprint verification on 32-inch LCD TV
AU Optronics today announced it has completed the carbon footprint verification on its 32-inch LCD TV set according to international carbon footprint standard PAS2050: 2008. Succeeded in the third party verification by SGS, AUOs 32-inch LCD TV is the worldwide first LCD TV set gaining carbon footprint verification, which establishes the benchmark on the carbon footprint management for consumer electronic products, the company said.
The Dish on Fish: 2014
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Columbia River Fisheries Program Office (CRFPO) convened a Carbon Footprint Team in 2013. The goal of this team is to quantify, track, and make recommendations toward reducing the office carbon footprint. To this end, we established a process that involved establishing objectives, meeting regularly, establishing contacts outside of CRFPO to collect information, conducting an energy audit, adopting a carbon footprint calculator, quantifying the office carbon footprint, and developing recommendations to reduce that carbon footprint. The energy audit was conducted by Clark Public Utilities and provided some insight to ways we could easily reduce our carbon footprint. The carbon footprint calculator was adopted from Seattle Climate Partnership, and provided a platform to easily input data so that the office carbon footprint could be quantified. The CRFPO carbon footprint for FY 2013 was approximately 350 metric tons of CO2. Recommendations developed included ways ...
Carbon Footprint Labelling - Chilled Food Association
CFA plays an active and often leading role in environmental issues including waste and climate change-related matters. For several years we have been closely involved in numerous sustainability activities and initiatives including running workshops with Defra on issues relating to its Food Industry Sustainability Strategy (FISS) and pursuing research which would facilitate carbon footprint reductions. CFA was also a member of Defras FISS Champions Group on Waste, which was chaired by a CFA member.. Climate change is increasingly recognised as a major challenge and it is widely accepted that the greenhouse gas emissions caused by humans are having a negative impact on the environment.. Carbon footprint labelling is a recent development whereby a product label will show how many grammes of greenhouse gases were emitted during production, from sourcing raw materials, to manufacturing, transporting to the stores and to the end of life.. For the chilled food sector, we believe that carbon footprint ...
Calculating Carbon Footprints | HowStuffWorks
Calculating Carbon Footprints - Calculating carbon footprints involves taking household size and location into account. Find out how carbon footprint calculations are produced.
Reducing Carbon Footprints | HowStuffWorks
Reducing Carbon Footprints - Reducing carbon footprints is as easy as using energy efficient light bulbs or using a modest thermostat setting. Learn about carbon footprint reduction methods.
How to Calculate Your Carbon Footprint: 14 Steps (with Pictures)
How to Calculate Your Carbon Footprint. Calculating your carbon footprint can help you to identify ways that you can lessen your impact on the environment. Calculating your carbon footprint requires taking lots of different factors into...
Carbon dioxide equivalent - FMPedia Wiki - FM Glossary - Knowledge Library
Carbon dioxide equivalent. Carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2-e) is a measure used to convert the masses of each of the greenhouse gases to a mass of CO2 that would give the equivalent global warming potential generally over a 100 year timeframe. Carbon dioxide equivalency thus reflects the time-integrated radiative forcing of a quantity of emissions or rate of greenhouse gas emission. For example, methane has a CO2-e 25 times that of CO2, and nitrous oxide 298 times. Carbon dioxide intensity and carbon dioxide per capita Alternatives to total emissions for measuring a nation?s greenhouse gas emissions. Carbon intensity measures emissions per unit of gross domestic product. Carbon dioxide per capita measures emissions per person. Both measures can be used to look at emission differences between nations. For example, while China has recently taken the lead in total greenhouse gas emissions, its per capita emissions level is far lower than that in most industrial countries. ...
Quantifying the global and distributional aspects of American household carbon footprint
Downloadable (with restrictions)! Analysis of household consumption and its environmental impact remains one of the most important topics in sustainability research. Nevertheless, much past and recent work has focused on domestic national averages, neglecting both the growing importance of international trade on household carbon footprint and the variation between households of different income levels and demographics. Using consumer expenditure surveys and multi-country life cycle assessment techniques, this paper analyzes the global and distributional aspects of American household carbon footprint. We find that due to recently increased international trade, 30% of total US household CO2 impact in 2004 occurred outside the US. Further, households vary considerably in their CO2 responsibilities: at least a factor of ten difference exists between low and high-impact households, with total household income and expenditure being the best predictors of both domestic and international portions of the total
U.S. Rail Sells Smaller Carbon Footprint - Environmental Leader
U.S. railroads have touted for decades that they use less fuel than trucks to move freights and now they are adding green into the mix, telling customers they can reduce their carbon footprints, Guardian reports.. Among a growing number of railroad companies running environmentally themed ad, Norfolk Southern released one in May, titled Too bad we cant all drive a train.. Don Anair of the Union of Concerned Scientists told the Guardian that railroads could play an important role in reducing road congestion and lowering emissions. But he says there is more room for the railway industry to lower their footprint even more by reducing idling and investing more in engines with lower emissions.. While skyrocketing oil-prices has helped the railroad industry to take market share from trucks it still has to overcome the challenge of providing reliable service.. One challenge for the railroads to capitalize on their lower carbon footprint is providing reliable service.. ...
How to erase carbon footprints in Israel - Jewish Telegraphic Agency
TEL AVIV (JTA) - Out of a towering mountain of waste near Ben Gurion Airport, methane gas is being captured to create thermal energy for a nearby factory.. In the Negev Desert, solar panels are on loan to Bedouin villages that dont have electricity, allowing the residents to run refrigerators needed to store medicine for ill children.. These are two of a small but growing wave of Israeli projects to help reduce the countrys carbon footprint by curbing carbon dioxide emissions - part of the global battle to arrest climate change.. Along the way, the projects are helping bolster Israels energy independence by promoting energy efficiency and homegrown clean technologies.. Its hard to be first, and a challenge, but we believe in what we do, said Eyal Biger, founder of the Good Energy Initiative, the countrys first and only voluntary carbon offsetting organization.. The notion of reducing ones carbon footprint has become a buzzword in the United States and Europe, but only recently has it ...
How Were Reducing Our Carbon Footprint: Offsets - The Mountaineers
Carbon offsets are one way to help reduce the carbon footprint of your adventures. Learn more about carbon offsets and some issues to keep in mind in this blog from our Carbon Footprint Reduction Committee.
The TerraPass Carbon Footprint Calculator
Use our Carbon Footprint Calculator to find out your climate impact for you, your business or your event. Calculate your carbon footprint here at TerraPass.
Carbon Footprint | Notre Dame College
Carbon Footprint Event sponsored by OES(One Earth Society) How many Earths Does it take to sustain your life style? Come take the carbon footprint test and find out! Enter your results for a chance to win free Chipotle!
GHG Emissions: Demystifying Carbon Dioxide Equivalent (CO2e)
Get the facts about greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting and carbon footprint tracking. GHG emissions are a foundation of industry sustainability projects; learn how to report GHG emissions step by step using carbon dioxide equivalent tons (CO2e). Use the EPA Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) guidelines.
Consumption choices to decrease personal carbon footprints of Finns - Sitra
Climate change mitigation requires action in all spheres of society. The role of household consumption is often overlooked. However, 72% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are related to household consumption, while the rest stem from government consumption and investments. The result from a Finnish study is quite similar: households accounted for 68% of the GHG emissions of domestic final consumption in Finland, whereas government consumption and investments were responsible for the other 32% .. The key question in this report is: How much can a typical Finn decrease ones GHG emissions with consumption decisions? To address this question, we took the average GHG emissions from consumption as a starting point. In Finland in 2010, the average per capita GHG emissions from consumption expenditure was 11.5 tonnes of CO2e. Between 2000 and 2013, the average per capita GHG emissions fluctuated from 9.6 tonnes to 11.8 tonnes. The per capita consumption carbon footprint in Finland is on the high ...
PAS 2050 - Carbon Footprint | Life Sciences | SGS
Your stakeholders expect the organization to comply with environmental standards and demonstrate commitment to reducing the impact of daily operations.. PAS 2050 a publicly available specification, will help. It enables you to measure the environmental impact of your organizations activities, products and services and measure their lifecycle GHG emissions. SGS can help your organization meet these carbon footprint standards. Our audit and assessment can lead to competitive advantage, increased customer confidence and even manage the lifecycle GHG emissions of suppliers.. Implementing PAS 2050:2008 will help you:. ...
PAS 2050 - Carbon Footprint | SGS
Your stakeholders expect the organization to comply with environmental standards and demonstrate commitment to reducing the impact of daily operations.. PAS 2050 a publicly available specification, will help. It enables you to measure the environmental impact of your organizations activities, products and services and measure their lifecycle GHG emissions. SGS can help your organization meet these carbon footprint standards. Our audit and assessment can lead to competitive advantage, increased customer confidence and even manage the lifecycle GHG emissions of suppliers.. Implementing PAS 2050:2008 will help you:. ...
IÖW: Sugarcane Ethanol Production in Malawi: Measures to Optimize the Carbon Footprint and to Avoid Indirect Emissions
Sugarcane ethanol is considered to be one of the most efficient first-generation biofuels in terms of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The carbon footprint (CF), however, increases significantly when taking into account emissions induced by indirect land-use changes (ILUC). This case study investigates sugarcane ethanol production in the Republic of Malawi, in Sub-Sahara Africa; the research objectives were to identify and quantify direct and indirect emissions and to identify measures to optimize the CF. ...
carbon dioxide food in uk
Look! Oatly cartons come with carbon dioxide …. We made a nice webpage all about the carbon dioxide equivalents were sticking on the front of our packages and why we want the food industry to join us. Hey food industry! Show us your nuers. Now, the one problem with all these nuers is they dont really 7 surprising things about the carbon footprint of your food. 2018/6/13· Everything we buy has a carbon footprint and food is no exception. Yearly, we produce five billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent from crop and livestock production. From seed to mouth, it can be easy to forget how much in terms of production goes into our Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen , Food Storage FAQ, …. Carbon dioxide (CO 2) and nitrogen (N 2) are commonly used in packaging both fresh and shelf-stable foods, in order to extend their shelf lives. Fresh foods are outside the scope of this work so attention shall be focused on those foods suitable for use in storage. Carbon dioxide emissions still rising in the Vale ...
Carbon Footprint | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Carbon Footprint is the amount of greenhouse gas emissions such as CO2 that a business, organization, product, household or personal lifestyle produces.
AEMO | Carbon Dioxide Equivalent Intensity Index Procedure
AEMO has completed the consultation on amendments to the Carbon Dioxide Equivalent Intensity Index Procedures. This consultation was conducted in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.. The final determination and final version of the Procedures are available at the links below. Any queries should be directed to email address [email protected] ...
A quick guide to your digital carbon footprint - Ericsson
The report, A quick guide to your digital carbon footprint, explores the true or false about ICT´s carbon emissions and debunk common myths.
Asthma carbon footprint as big as eating meat
Breakingnews.com.bd Health - Many people with asthma could cut their carbon footprint and help save the environment by switching to greener medications, UK researchers say.Making the swap would have as big an eco impact as turning vegetarian or becoming an avid recycler, they say.Its because some inhalers release greenhouse gases linked to global warming.But the Cambridge University team told BMJ Open patients must check with a doctor before changing medication.Some patients will not be able to switch and should not be made to feel guilty, they add.What are greener inhalers?There are more than five million people with asthma in the UK.The research looked at the environmental impact of different inhaler medications prescribed to patients on the NHS in England.In 2017, about 50 ...
Application of the triad of blast furnace, oxygen converter, and electric arc furnace for reducing of carbon footprint |...
Carbon footprint is the mass of carbon formed in the full cycle of manufacturing one kind or another product. This carbon is included in greenhouse gases. During production of iron and steel are...
Tecnalia has calculated the carbon footprint of ... ( In a highly detailed study Tecnalia ...)
...In a highly detailed study Tecnalia has calculated the carbon footpri...A wines carbon footprint is the piece of information that allows one ...Tecnalia worked throughout 2012 on a detailed study for the Grupo Faus...Tecnalia has analysed all the phases in the life cycle of the eight wi...,Tecnalia,has,calculated,the,carbon,footprint,of,some,wines,biological,biology news articles,biology news today,latest biology news,current biology news,biology newsletters
What is carbon footprint? - Definition from WhatIs.com
Definition from WhatIs.com -- A carbon footprint is the measure of the environmental impact of a particular individual or organizations lifestyle or operation, measured in units of carbon dioxide.
Churches work to reduce carbon footprint | Fuel Fix
KOKOMO, Ind. - Local churches are cutting down their carbon footprint as part of a statewide initiative to promote a faith response to climate change.. Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light, an organization committed to promoting environmentally friendly practices and sustainability in religious organizations, announced last week it received a $150,000 grant from the Indiana Office of Energy Development. The only faith-based organization to apply for the grant, H-IPL, plans to use the grant to install solar panels and cut energy uses in six central Indiana churches by 25 percent to 40 percent. Though none of the congregations are in Kokomo, the Howard County Ministerial Association has joined the H-IPL in promoting environmental friendliness and eventually hold a workshop for area churches.. (Churches) use a lot of energy and it turns out its really easy to cut the energy they use. Just turning the thermostat way down in the winter when nobodys in the building can save a huge amount, said ...
New Study: Propane Outpaces Electric For Carbon Footprint In Trucks
Fifteen states and Washington, D.C., have proposed full electrification of medium- and heavy-duty trucks by 2050 with a target of 30 percent zero-emission vehicle sales by 2030. The rationale behind the proposals is based on the dubious assumption that the electrical grid will be fully decarbonized by that time. Likewise, policy based on exhaust carbon dioxide (CO2eq) emissions alone as opposed to life-cycle analysis results misses the full picture. As a result, policy proposals today conflate the promise of electrification with actual decarbonization. The comparative analysis also reveals that MD-HD vehicles powered by renewable propane provide a lower carbon footprint solution in every U.S. state except Vermont where electricity is generated by, and imported from, Canadian hydroelectric power plants. Renewable propane is derived from sources such as beef fats, vegetable oils, grease residue, and other biomass feedstocks.. Moreover, the analysis shows that decarbonization can be accelerated ...
Amazing Carbon Footprint Facts Coloring Book
The bad news — there's an island of plastic garbage in the Pacific Ocean that's twice the size of Texas. The good news — every ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees! This Earth-friendly coloring book presents astounding facts about consumption, waste, and recycling. It offers a realistic view of how our actions affect the planet and shows what we can do to reduce our carbon footprint.
Fluid Milk Carbon Footprint Study Results Presented at International Dairy Show
In July, the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy and its industry partners completed the first national carbon footprint study of fluid milk. The results show that total U.S. dairy greenhouse
Climate scientists try to cut their own carbon footprints - Texomashomepage.com
For years, Kim Cobb was the Indiana Jones of climate science. The Georgia Tech professor flew to the caves of Borneo to study ancient and current climate conditions. She jetted to a remote South Pacific island to see the effects of warming on coral.. Add to that flights to Paris, Rome, Vancouver and elsewhere. All told, in the last three years, shes flown 29 times to study, meet or talk about global warming.. Then Cobb thought about how much her personal actions were contributing to the climate crisis, so she created a spreadsheet. She found that those flights added more than 73,000 pounds of heat-trapping carbon to the air.. Now she is about to ground herself, and she is not alone. Some climate scientists and activists are limiting their flying, their consumption of meat and their overall carbon footprints to avoid adding to the global warming they study. Cobb will fly just once next year, to attend a massive international science meeting in Chile.. People want to be part of the solution, ...
Air Pollutants, Emissions And Carbon Footprint At City Level: The Claircity Project
The paper reports about integrated quantification of air pollutants emissions and carbon footprint in the frame of Horizon 2020 Project ClairCity....
To Combat Climate Change, We Also Need To Understand Our Black Carbon Footprint
Black carbon, the sooty particulate matter from the burning of fossil fuels, isnt taken into account in our carbon footprint. Lets fix that.
Aerial Views Of Why Europe Has a Small Carbon Footprint - Yale E360
Europe and the United States have very similar standards of living, but significantly different carbon footprints. Aerial photographer Alex MacLean documents this phenomenon in images that show how Northern Europe uses smart design and planning to reduce the amount of carbon it emits.
Carbon Footprint Calculators for Businesses - Carbonfund.org
Consumers are demanding that businesses lead by reducing their carbon impact. Use our usage calculators to determine the carbon footprint of your business.
Carbon Footprint Statistics
Carbon Footprint Statistics - BellaOnline prides itself on maintaining a carbon neutral website which helps its environment and visitors at the same time.
Microsoft Urges IT Industry to Reduce Its Carbon Footprint
Software giant Microsoft called Monday on the IT industry to reduce its carbon footprint as CeBIT, the worlds largest tech fair, kicked off in Germany with a focus on climate change.
Determining biocontainers carbon footprint | EurekAlert! Science News
A study assessed material and energy inputs required to produce a petunia plant from propagation to delivery. Impacts were expressed in terms of the contribution to the carbon footprint (global warming potential) of a single finished plant. Although traditional plastic containers were significant contributors to global warming potential, electrical consumption for supplemental lighting and irrigation during plug production was found to be the leading source of CO2e emissions in the model.
Plants with low carbon footprint - SCA
The Ortviken paper mill and Östrand pulp mill probably have the worlds lowest carbon footprint for plants of their kind due to the use of biofuel inste...
What lifestyle changes will shrink your carbon footprint the most? | Science News
When Cobb looked at her carbon footprint, she found that flying represented about 85 percent of her emissions. So she joined a community of people on Twitter who resolved to fly less, and she committed to cutting her business and personal flights by 30 percent. With the groups support, she dropped another 30 percent the next year, but it wasnt always easy. Her pledge didnt make her many friends within the academic community initially. But the goal of flying less has become more mainstream, at least among her colleagues, as shes shown it can be done. It started as an individual action, she says, but her decision to forgo certain work travel created new opportunities for virtual conferences and other flying alternatives for her colleagues, too. It has transformed into a collective-scale action to shift cultural norms, Cobb says.. Social influence can drive change, says Diana Ivanova, a research fellow at the School of Earth and Environment at University of Leeds in England who reviewed ...
Northern Trust Rolls Out Carbon Footprint Data | PLANSPONSOR
|p||span|December 10, 2009 (PLANSPONSOR.com) - Northern Trust will offer environmental emission analytics which it said will enable institutional investors and high net worth individuals to effectively measure the carbon footprint of their investments. |/span||/p|
BottlesUp Introduces Reusable Glass Water Bottle with Lowest Carbon Footprint in the Industry
BLUFFTON, S.C., March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BottlesUp Introduces Reusable Glass Water Bottle with Lowest Carbon Footprint in the Industry. Company Debuts...
photos of Manchester carbon footprint stencils - UK Indymedia
Last Thursday, to coincide with the IPCC report, a group of Manchester climate activists decorated the pavements outside flight centres, petrol stations, supermarkets and a humvee garage with carbon footprints.
RN&R • Reducing Nevadas Carbon Footprint with Energy Efficiency and Conservation
RN&R • Guides • Earth Day - Official Event Guide • Reducing Nevadas Carbon Footprint with Energy Efficiency and Conservation • Apr 16, 2009
Why eco-friendly heat pumps increase, not reduce, your carbon footprint
Switch to heat pumps to warm your home and youll qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive subsidy. But new research reveals the pumps release potent hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) gases, says Eric Johnson, significantly increasing the true carbon footprint of this supposedly green technology
Micro Home - A Trend For A Lesser Carbon Footprint - The New Ecologist
By living small, we are talking about houses that are 600 square feet or less. If you havent thought or heard about this before, it may sound a bit strange or even impossible. This small living actually has quite a few benefits.. By living in such a small space, you tend to (by necessity) get rid of everything that is not essential to make use of all available space. In getting rid of the nonessentials, you are also getting rid of things that waste your time by taking up your attention.. This will leave you more time to spend with what you really love like your friends and family, community projects, etc. Also, by having less of everything, you are automatically consuming fewer resources and effectively reducing your carbon footprint.. ...
Zero Carbon Footprint Articles on Environmental XPRT
Find zero carbon footprint articles on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource.
Carbon Footprint Reduction Articles on Environmental XPRT
Find carbon footprint reduction articles on Environmental XPRT, the worlds largest environmental industry marketplace and information resource.
Roslyns reduces its carbon footprint
Roslyns Accounting Company Limited have teamed up with The Woodland Trust to help lower its carbon footprint. As from 1st June rather than send...
Purdue ag economists: Shale oil dividend could pay for smaller carbon footprint | EurekAlert! Science News
Unanticipated economic benefits from the shale oil and gas boom could help offset the costs of substantially reducing the USs carbon footprint, Purdue agricultural economists say.
"Carbon footprint". www.aggregate.com. Retrieved 13 February 2015. "Sustainable Life Cycle". UK Green Building Council. Archived ... Aggregate Industries also produces a range of products that are designed with sustainability in mind, such as its low carbon, ... The organisation also has stated commitments and goals relating to carbon and energy, transport, waste and water. For example, ... developers of the first potentially zero carbon village in the UK) using precast concrete elements by Charcon Construction ...
Institute for Sustainable Communication
"What Is a Carbon Footprint?" Carbon Footprint. 2008. 3 March 2008. . "Print Design and Environmental Responsibility." AIGA. 29 ... A company's carbon footprint is determined by the human effect on the environment through green house gasses, paper waste, and ... graphic communication businesses interested in becoming trained in new industry skills and improving their carbon footprint on ...
Ovenden Moor Wind Farm
"Wind Farm Access Road White Paper , Carbon Footprint , Wind Power" (PDF). scribd.com. Tensar. p. 2. Retrieved 10 October 2017 ... Wind turbines can be carbon neutral after six months, but this timeframe is often expanded due to the need to build roads ... Whilst campaigners against the wind farm recognise that it produces Low-carbon energy, it was noted that the wind farm had only ... The first generation site provided enough power for 5,600 homes and stopped over 10,000 tonnes (11,000 tons) of carbon dioxide ...
Edward B. Bunn, S.J. Intercultural Center
"Carbon Footprint". Office of the Senior Vice President. 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-28. Dwulet, Andrew (2010-04-23). "Green Efforts ...
"carbon-footprint-calculator". TerraPass.com. Archived from the original on 2009-01-31. Retrieved Feb 19, 2008. "environmental ...
People may adopt a pescetarian diet out of desire to lower their dietary carbon footprint. A 2014 lifecycle analysis of ... "Carbon footprint factsheet". Center for Sustainable Systems, University of Michigan. 2018. Retrieved 19 May 2019. Scarborough, ... Similarly, a Japanese study found that various diet changes could successfully reduce the Japanese food-nitrogen footprint, ... Oita, Azusa; Nagano, Ichiro; Matsuda, Hiroyuki (1 April 2018). "Food nitrogen footprint reductions related to a balanced ...
... minimizing carbon footprint. The list is not exhaustive, but the more these elements are present, the slower a holiday might be ... Moreover, mass tourism causes pressure on the human, natural, and cultural environment, and has a high ecological footprint. In ...
... mining consumes significant quantities of electricity and has a large associated carbon footprint. In 2017, ... Stoll, Christian; Klaaßen, Lena; Gallersdörfer, Ulrich (17 July 2019). "The Carbon Footprint of Bitcoin". Joule. 3 (7): 1647- ... Foteinis, Spyros (7 February 2018). "Bitcoin's alarming carbon footprint". Nature. 554 (7691): 169. Bibcode:2018Natur.554..169F ... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero were estimated to have added 3 to 15 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions to the ...
Green Belt Movement
climate change, carbon footprint). "GBM and its sister organizations, the Green Belt Movement International-North America (GBMI ... The GBM registered two Forest Carbon Projects in 2011 in order for communities to receive revenue from reforestation and carbon ... The GBM's Bio-Carbon project (from 2006), received approval in 2007 from the National Environment Management Authority (NEM). ... There projects range from tree planting initiatives, to installing tree nurseries, and planning carbon projects. ...
The results of recent studies analyzing bitcoin's carbon footprint vary. A study published in Nature Climate Change in 2018 ... Stoll, Christian; Klaaßen, Lena; Gallersdörfer, Ulrich (2019). "The Carbon Footprint of Bitcoin". Joule. 3 (7): 1647-1661. doi: ... Foteinis, Spyros (2018). "Bitcoin's alarming carbon footprint". Nature. 554 (7691): 169. Bibcode:2018Natur.554..169F. doi: ... and thus carbon footprint) used by mining, price volatility, and thefts from exchanges. Some economists and commentators have ...
Evans, Simon (8 December 2017). "Solar, wind and nuclear have 'amazingly low' carbon footprints, study finds". Carbon Brief. ... "Revenue-Neutral Carbon Tax , Canada". UNFCCC. Retrieved 28 October 2019. Carr, Mathew (10 October 2018). "How High Does Carbon ... Scherer, Laura; Pfister, Stephan (2016). "Hydropower's Biogenic Carbon Footprint". PLOS ONE. 11 (9): e0161947. Bibcode: ... If the production of biomass is well-managed, carbon emissions can be significantly offset by the absorption of carbon dioxide ...
Industrial ecology programme
"Industrial Ecology - Reflexions". Carbon Footprint of Nations. Retrieved 2018-02-20. "Industrial Ecology, Ph.D. - at Norwegian ... Industrial Ecology NTNU PhD programme Industrial Ecology NTNU MSc programme Environmental Footprints Explorer Journal of ...
Bikes to Rwanda
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Lisa Acho Remorenko (October 17, 2008). "Reduce Your Pet's Carbon Footprint". Santa ...
This gives it almost the same carbon footprint as wool, but with greater durability and therefore a lower overall carbon ... Berners-Lee, Mike (2010). How bad are bananas? : the carbon footprint of everything. London: Profile Books. p. 112, table 6.1. ... Nylon can be used as the matrix material in composite materials, with reinforcing fibers like glass or carbon fiber; such a ... Data published by PlasticsEurope indicates for nylon 66 a greenhouse gas footprint of 6.4 kg CO2 equivalent per kg, and an ...
Canadian Energy Centre
"What Are Greenhouse Gases? GHG Emissions & Canada's Carbon Footprint". Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP). nd. ...
Berners-Lee, Mike (2010). How bad are bananas? : the carbon footprint of everything. London: Profile. p. 45. ISBN 978- ... O'Rourke, Ciara (2009-03-16). "Reducing the Junk-Mail Footprint". Green Blog. Retrieved 2017-06-18. "Greenhouse Gas Inventory ...
Stoll, Christian; Klaaßen, Lena; Gallersdörfer, Ulrich (2019). "The Carbon Footprint of Bitcoin". Joule. 3 (7): 1647-1661. doi: ...
Mohan is also the founder of no2co2.in, India's only carbon footprint calculator. "Moser Baer to bring Kurosawa, Bergman for ... "no2co2.in Carbon Footprint Calculator". v t e. ...
This compares to the UK's total carbon footprint of 698,568,010 tonnes per year. The factors with the greatest impact are ... Retrieved 13 August 2010.[dead link] "Sheffield's Carbon Footprint". Sheffield City Council. Archived from the original on 4 ... In collaboration with the Stockholm Environment Institute, Sheffield developed a carbon footprint (based on 2004/05 consumption ... https://web.archive.org/web/20130417183245/http://www.geographypages.co.uk/meadow.htm "Retail Footprint 2010 reveals Britain's ...
between 2009 and 2013, tourism's global carbon footprint has increased from 3.9 to 4.5 GtCO2e, four times more than previously ... between 2009 and 2013, tourism's global carbon footprint has increased from 3.9 to 4.5 GtCO2e, four times more than previously ... Lenzen, Manfred; Sun, Ya-Yen; Faturay, Futu; Ting, Yuan-Peng; Geschke, Arne; Malik, Arunima (7 May 2018). "The carbon footprint ... Lenzen, Manfred; Sun, Ya-Yen; Faturay, Futu; Ting, Yuan-Peng; Geschke, Arne; Malik, Arunima (7 May 2018). "The carbon footprint ...
Australia-ASEAN Power Link
Mah, Paul (November 26, 2019). "Reducing the carbon footprint of Singapore". Data Centre Dynamics. Retrieved 2020-08-05. Chin, ... The AAPL could provide about 20% of Singapore's electricity, with no carbon dioxide generation. The project was initially ...
... even though various carbon footprint calculators can produce different carbon footprint results. CoolCalifornia.org offered its ... The website currently features two carbon footprint calculators. One is for individuals and households and one is for small ... Want to calculate a carbon footprint? Good luck, because numbers can vary widely. Seattlepi.com, July 25, 2008. "New Release: ... Climate change in California Environment of California "How big is your carbon footprint?". SFGate. 18 April 2008. "Next 10". ...
"Carbon footprint of electricity generation" (PDF). Postnote Number 268: UK Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology. ... or to reduce their carbon footprint. Wind turbines have been used for household electric power generation in conjunction with ... A Carbon Trust study into the potential of small-scale wind energy in the UK, published in 2010, found that small wind turbines ... "The Energy Footprint: How Oil, Natural Gas, and Wind Energy Affect Land for Biodiversity and the Flow of Ecosystem Services". ...
Milgate Park Estate
... this increases each individual's carbon footprint. In addition, there was no emphasis placed on medium-density urban structures ...
"How To Calculate Your Carbon Footprint". Forbes, April 15, 2008. "Memoir: I couldn't shake the abuse and despair I saw on a ... 100 Factors That Can Add to or Subtract From Your Total Carbon Footprint. An out lesbian, she is the partner of activist Lia ... 100 Factors That Can Add to or Subtract From Your Total Carbon Footprint (2008) Up Ghost River: A Chief's Journey Through the ...
Alkaline hydrolysis (body disposal)
McClurg, Lesley (July 24, 2017). "Want to Cut Your Carbon Footprint? Get Liquefied When You're Dead". KQED. Retrieved 4 ... one-quarter the energy of flame-based cremation and producing less carbon dioxide and pollutants. It is being presented as an ...
between 2009 and 2013, tourism's global carbon footprint has increased from 3.9 to 4.5 GtCO2e, four times more than previously ... Lenzen, Manfred; Sun, Ya-Yen; Faturay, Futu; Ting, Yuan-Peng; Geschke, Arne; Malik, Arunima (7 May 2018). "The carbon footprint ... The majority of this footprint is exerted by and in high-income countries. Tourism and the Sustainable Development Goals - ... tourism is likely to be generating 40 percent of global carbon emissions. The main cause is an increase in the average distance ...
Ball, Jeffrey (9 March 2009). "Six Products, Six Carbon Footprints". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 6 ... "carbonfootprint.com - Electric Vehicles". www.carbonfootprint.com. Retrieved 1 December 2019. Hoekstra, Auke (3 November 2019 ... New materials which may replace steel car bodies include duralumin, fiberglass, carbon fiber, biocomposites, and carbon ... Manufacturing each kWh of battery emits a similar amount of carbon as burning through one full tank of gasoline. The growth in ...
What is the vehicle's total carbon footprint? Are there child labor inputs? Toxic paints, glues, or plastics? How transparent ...
"Biofuels promise to reduce farmers' carbon footprint". Farmers Weekly. 2019-08-08. Retrieved 2019-10-15. "Fuelling the pursuit ... HVO fuel is said to be useful for industries such as farming, commercial vehicles and data centres to reduce their carbon ... As part of the company's work towards environmental responsibility, all delivery mileage is carbon offset to keep CO2 emissions ...
A gradient exists between trophic levels running from complete autotrophs that obtain their sole source of carbon from the ... Ecologists employ stoichiometry to analyze the ratios of the main elements found in all organisms: carbon (C), nitrogen (N), ... and carbon dioxide, water, and heat). Excretion of nutrients is, therefore, basic to metabolism.":1230-1231 The units in ... including both minerals and gases such as carbon dioxide. These chemical reactions require energy, which mainly comes from the ...
Cameloid footprint (Lamaichnum alfi Sarjeant and Reynolds, 1999; convex hyporelief) from the Barstow Formation (Miocene) of ... The higher organic content and water retention of the deeper and richer grassland soils, with long term burial of carbon in ... which are able to assimilate carbon dioxide and water more efficiently than C3 grasses, expanded to become ecologically ... sediments, produced a carbon and water vapor sink. This, combined with higher surface albedo and lower evapotranspiration of ...
Carbon footprint. Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Joule&oldid=878835161#Nanojoule" ...
It allows carbon dioxide to exit the egg and oxygen gas to enter the egg. The albumin (9) further protects the embryo and ... A series of footprints from the fossil strata of Nova Scotia dated to 315 Ma show typical reptilian toes and imprints of scales ...
The primary by-products of metabolism are carbon dioxide and water; carbon dioxide is expelled through the respiratory system. ... Carbon footprint. *Eating disorder. *Food Balance Wheel. *Food faddism. *High residue diet ...
Carbon dioxide metabolismEdit. Although air-breathing fish can absorb oxygen through their lungs, the lungs tend to be ... This has been confirmed by fossilized footprints found in Carboniferous rocks. FeedingEdit. Early tetrapods had a wide gaping ... Lucas, Spencer G. (2015). "Thinopusand a Critical Review of Devonian Tetrapod Footprints". Ichnos. 22 (3-4): 136-154. doi: ... The oldest evidence for the existence of tetrapods comes from trace fossils, tracks (footprints) and trackways found in ...
"The best way to reduce your carbon footprint is one the government isn't telling you about". Science. Retrieved December 9, ... in Environmental Research Letters argued that the most significant way individuals could mitigate their own carbon footprint is ... including rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, global warming, and pollution. Indeed, some analysts claim that ...
... although methanol is less expensive to produce sustainably and is a less expensive way to reduce the carbon footprint. However ... Recently, methanol fuel has been produced using renewable energy and carbon dioxide as a feedstock. Carbon Recycling ... "Carbon Recycling International. 2011. Archived from the original on 17 June 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2012.. ... "Carbon Recycling International. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2012.. ...
Underground coal gasification
The process decomposes coal and generates carbon dioxide (CO. 2), hydrogen (H. 2), carbon monoxide (CO), methane (CH. 4). In ... pipelines and facilities footprint. The UK patent office have advised that the full patent application GB2501074 by Portman ... 2: Proponents of UCG have argued that the process has advantages for geologic carbon storage. Combining UCG with CCS (Carbon ... The predominant product gases are methane, hydrogen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. Ratios vary depending upon formation ...
MEMS magnetic field sensor
Wickenden had tried to shrink the footprint of this type of device by 100 times. But a much lower resolution of 150 μT was ... Carbon dioxide sensor. *Carbon monoxide detector. *Catalytic bead sensor. *Chemical field-effect transistor ...
Youth Climate Movement
The campaign seeks to emphasise the need to cut carbon emissions by 80% by 2050 on 1990 levels, as young people will be the ... Carbon footprint. *Climate change mitigation. *Conservation. *Descent. *Efficiency. *Emissions trading. *Fossil-fuel phase-out ...
Burning produces carbon dioxide, airborne carbon particulates, carbon monoxide and nitrous oxides. The WHO estimates 3.7 ... Biofuels are in theory carbon-neutral because the carbon dioxide that is absorbed by the plants is equal to the carbon dioxide ... Forests and Carbon Sequestration. Scientific research (20th century) shows that carbon dioxide emissions from all forms ... Biomass is a wide-ranging term meaning any source of organic carbon that is renewed rapidly as part of the carbon cycle. ...
Ecological footprint. *Ecological forecasting. *Ecological humanities. *Ecological stoichiometry. *Ecopath. *Ecosystem based ...
To reduce that waste and the ecological footprint of a-Si:H-based solar cells further several recycling efforts have been ... Protonated carbon dioxide. *Protonated hydrogen cyanide. *Silicon tricarbide. *Thioformaldehyde. *Tricarbon monoxide. * ...
Voluntary carbon (GHG) reducers may wish to monetize reductions in their carbon footprint by trading the reductions in exchange ... See also: Carbon emission trading, Personal carbon trading, Emissions trading, and carbon offset ... Reasons for carbon project development. Carbon projects are developed for reasons of voluntary environmental stewardship ... The final option is to invest in a carbon project. The carbon project will result in a greenhouse gas emission reduction which ...
Greenhouse gas footprint
See also: Carbon footprint and ecological footprint. This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on ... "Household Carbon Footprint Calculator". www3.epa.gov. Retrieved 2017-11-01.. *^ "The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect". history ... "Household Carbon Footprint Calculator". www3.epa.gov. Retrieved 2017-11-01. *EPA,OA, US. "Climate Change Indicators: Greenhouse ... The Greenhouse gas footprint, or GHG footprint, refers to the amount of greenhouse gases that are emitted during the creation ...
Solar power plants in the Mojave Desert
The concentrating solar footprint was smaller than that of coal power (18 m2/MWhr), but larger than the other sources studied, ... A corrective pricing mechanism, such as a carbon tax, could lead to renewable energy, such as solar thermal power, becoming ... only fossil-fuel plants with carbon-capture and storage may have higher water intensities. A 2013 study comparing various ... cycle analysis of land use for various sources of electricity concluded that concentrating solar power had a land-use footprint ...
lithium-carbon fluoride). Li-(CF)n. Li. (CF)n. 3.6. 3.0. 120 ... Zinc-carbon. Zn. MnO2. 1.6. 1.2. 0.13. Inexpensive.. 18 Zinc- ... A common dry cell is the zinc-carbon battery, sometimes called the dry Leclanché cell, with a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts, the ... Alkaline and zinc-carbon cells have different chemistries, but approximately the same emf of 1.5 volts; likewise NiCd and NiMH ... The remaining space between the electrolyte and carbon cathode is taken up by a second paste consisting of ammonium chloride ...
China pavilion at Expo 2010
Fountain of Illumination The division sign represents that the ambitious forest carbon sink plan, if divided by a large ... The pavilion display highlights is divided into three parts: "The Footprints", "The Dialogue" and "The Vision". Visitors are ... Proper Exploration The addition sign represents that increase of carbon emission is threatening global environment and ... " "Heavenly Garden and Garden City". An exploration of a lower-carbon future in China. It shows how China is inspired by nature ...
This measure greatly reduces the carbon footprint during the manufacturing process. Managing the chemicals used in the ...
Climate change in Australia
... carbon dioxide equivalent annually, to purchase emissions permits. The Carbon Tax reduced Australia's carbon dioxide emissions ... In footprint per person in the top were by PNAS 2011: 1. Singapore 2. Luxembourg 3. Belgium 4. the US 5. Canada 6. Ireland 7. ... To reduce Australia's carbon emissions, the government of Julia Gillard introduced a carbon tax on 1 July 2012, which required ... A carbon tax was introduced in 2011 by the Gillard government in an effort to reduce the impact of climate change and despite ...
Climate change in Finland
According to professor Seppo Junnila carbon foot print was twice as big in the new houses compared to more spacious detached ... Carbon neutrality. In 2019 Finland's government is committed to carbon neutrality by 2035 and to become carbon negative ... With ca 50 % of Uniper, Fortum's total carbon footprint is bigger than that of the whole of Finland's. ... According to WWF carbon sequestration is equally important to decrease the carbon emissions. In 2018, WWF recommended increased ...
... and it has been called a carbon negative raw material. Results indicate that high yield of hemp may require high total ... indicating a possible decrease of ecological footprint in a US context compared to typical benchmarks. A 2010 study, ...
Together these form a double membrane, which functions to remove carbon dioxide and to replenish oxygen through the porous ... footprints of JC polyomavirus and Merkel cell polyomavirus have been detected in chorionic villi from females affected by ... "Footprints of BK and JC polyomaviruses in specimens from females affected by spontaneous abortion". Hum Reprod. 34 (3): 433- ... "Footprints of BK and JC polyomaviruses in specimens from females affected by spontaneous abortion". Hum Reprod. 34 (3): 433- ...
... gasses to preheat combustion air and fuel for many years by metallic recuperators to reduce energy costs and carbon footprint ...
... followed by Carbon Footprint, Carbon Passport, Pure, British Airways and Carbon Retirement Ltd. ... Main article: Carbon Credit. Once it has been accredited by the UNFCCC a carbon offset project can be used as carbon credit and ... Carbon offset vendors offer direct purchase of carbon offsets, often also offering other services such as designating a carbon ... "Carbon Retirement report: The efficiency of carbon offsetting through the Clean Development Mechanism" (PDF). Carbon Retirement ...
Solar water heating
This reduces the operational carbon and energy footprint.. Alternative non-electrical pumping systems may employ thermal ... Energy footprint and life cycle assessment. Energy footprint. The source of electricity in an active SWH system ... Active solar thermal systems that use mains electricity to pump the fluid through the panels are called 'low carbon solar'. In ... Milton S. & Kaufman S. (2005). Solar Water Heating as a Climate Protection Strategy: The Role for Carbon Finance. Green Markets ...
Reflective surfaces (climate engineering)
... in New York City with the coating of its 500th building and reducing the carbon footprint by over 2000 tons. Volunteers use ... This is because a 93-square-metre (1,000 sq ft) white roof will offset 10 tons of carbon dioxide over its 20-year lifetime. ... roofs and pavements in cities would generate a global cooling effect equivalent to offsetting up to 150 gigatonnes of carbon ...
The fixation or reduction of carbon dioxide is a process in which carbon dioxide combines with a five-carbon sugar, ribulose 1, ... When the concentration of carbon dioxide is high, RuBisCO will fix carbon dioxide. However, if the carbon dioxide concentration ... CO2carbon. dioxide + (AsO3−. 3). arsenite + photonslight energy → (AsO3−. 4). arsenate + COcarbon. monoxide(used to build other ... Over 90% of plants use C3 carbon fixation, compared to 3% that use C4 carbon fixation; however, the evolution of C4 in over ...
"Sheffield's Carbon Footprint". Sheffield City Council. Retrieved 16 September 2009.. *^ "Sheffield Is My Planet". Sheffield Is ... This compares to the UK's total carbon footprint of 698,568,010 tonnes per year. The factors with the greatest impact are ... Sheffield developed a carbon footprint (based on 2004/05 consumption figures) of 5,798,361 tonnes per year. ... "Retail Footprint 2010 reveals Britain's shopping successes and strugglers". CACI Ltd. 21 May 2010. Archived from the original ...
Carbon footprint - Wikipedia
The carbon footprint is one part of the ecological footprint. Carbon footprints are more focused than ecological footprints ... The carbon footprint of materials (also known as embodied carbon) varies widely. The carbon footprint of many common materials ... Carbon footprint is one of a family of footprint indicators, which also include ecological footprints, water footprints and ... carbon offsetting and others. For calculating personal carbon footprints, several free online carbon footprint calculators ...
Carbon Footprint : TreeHugger
Tag: Carbon Footprint. * Its Earth Overshoot Day, when we go into global resource overdraft August 2, 11:08 AM by Lloyd Alter ... Do personal steps to reduce your carbon footprint really make much difference? January 23, 9:51 AM by Lloyd Alter in Energy ... Heres a great way to reduce your carbon footprint: take transit. August 19, 12:12 PM by Lloyd Alter in Public Transportation ... What will it really take to reduce our carbon footprint?. February 3, 11:29 AM by Lloyd Alter in Urban Design ...
Carbon Footprint Calculator
Whats a good carbon footprint? Use our tool to find out, compare it to the average, and take action. ... Calculate Your Carbon Footprint. Whats your carbon footprint? Use this interactive calculator to find out-and take action. ... A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gases (including carbon dioxide and methane) that are generated by our ... The average carbon footprint for a person in the United States is 16 tons, one of the highest rates in the world. Globally, the ...
IT's carbon footprint | Greenpeace India
Without a significant increase in the use of renewable energy, the IT sectors carbon footprint will continue to grow at a ... Without a significant increase in the use of renewable energy, the IT sectors carbon footprint will continue to grow at a ... Google claims to be a carbon neutral company, but does not share either its emissions footprint or an overall emissions ... Company Footprint represent 15 out of 100 points, divided as follows:. *10 points: Company makes commitment to reduce absolute ...
Product Carbon Footprint
This question has become increasingly important over the past years and a so called Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) can help to ... Customers thus will receive valuable information about the extent to which BASF materials contribute to the carbon footprint of ... BASFs PCFs are calculated following general standards for life cycle assessment (ISO 14044) and carbon footprints of products ... In this way, we help our customers reduce the carbon footprint of their products. ...
Product Carbon Footprint
This question has become increasingly important over the past years and a so called Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) can help to ... content/basf/www/cn/en/who-we-are/sustainability/management-and-instruments/quantifying-sustainability/product-carbon-footprint ... content/basf/www/cn/en/who-we-are/sustainability/management-and-instruments/quantifying-sustainability/product-carbon-footprint ... This question has become increasingly important over the past years and a so called Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) can help to ...
Carbon Footprint Statistics
Carbon footprint calculator
... interactive guide to estimate your annual household carbon emissions. The calculator asks questions about the features of your ... Carbon footprint calculator. https://bpes.bp.com/carbon-footprint-toolkit. British Petroleum ... As each question is answered, a graph displays the carbon emissions so you can see the effects of each of the options presented ... This site is produced by British Petroleum and provides a simple, interactive guide to estimate your annual household carbon ...
What Is Santa's carbon footprint? | TreeHugger
We know there has to be a carbon footprint to the Christmas Eve trek Santa makes every year. This fun infographic adds it up ... What Is Santas carbon footprint? We know there has to be a carbon footprint to the Christmas Eve trek Santa makes every year. ... the infographic is a fun way to think about carbon footprints and reducing them where possible. Yes, we know Santa has a carbon ... Ethical Ocean delves into the serious issue of Santas carbon footprint. Seen by millions as a jolly old soul, this bearer of ...
Reducing your healthcare facility's carbon footprint
The low-hanging carbon footprint fruit in your supply chain include:. *Environmentally-friendly products. These are items like ... Reducing your facilitys carbon footprint in your supply chain is much more difficult than turning down the power or shutting ... Not only is reducing your healthcare facilitys carbon footprint good for climate change, its also good for the health of your ... 5. Transparency. Measuring your carbon footprint and making that information available to all affected stakeholders quantify ...
Carbon Footprint Report 2016
... The blog. Press corner. All press releases. All other news. Press contacts. Events. All events. ... This Carbon Footprint Report details the GHG emissions, which not only shows how and what the measures, but the actions that ... The EIB Group plans to compensate the 2016 GHG emissions and beyond using the selected carbon credits. ...
Carbon Footprint Stickers - CafePress
Carbon Footprint Report 2013
The carbon footprint report helps our management, staff and other stakeholders to gain a better understanding of our impact on ... of the different activities and their emissions allows key decision makers at the Bank to measure the impacts of carbon ... The carbon footprint report helps our management, staff and other stakeholders to gain a better understanding of our impact on ... The measurement of our carbon footprint is continually improving. Further to a detailed review in 2012, of best available ...
carbon footprint Archives - ExtremeTech
Carbon Footprint Accessories | Zazzle
carbon footprint | IT Business
Business technology that helps reduce your carbon footprint
... energy-saving technologies can help reduce your carbon footprint and make your workers more productive. ... Reducing your carbon footprint doesnt just help protect the environment, it also reduces the cost to your business.. ... However, reducing how many pages are printed unnecessarily can help lower your carbon footprint and save money. ... Better efficiency means fewer resources wasted, further reducing your carbon footprint.. Many companies are already ...
How to Reduce Your Family's Carbon Footprint | HuffPost
... but reducing your carbon footprint doesnt need to involve a radical lifestyle overhaul! There a... ... What is a carbon footprint?. Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide (CO2), methane and ozone contribute to pollution, ozone ... "carbon credits" to individuals and companies - including Microsoft Corp. - who are hoping to offset their carbon footprints. ( ... hosts a helpful online household carbon footprint calculator that can help you figure out your familys footprint. It looks at ...
Cannabis Carbon Footprint: Marijuana Industry's Environmental Impact | HuffPost
Yet an often overlooked part of the debate is marijuanas environmental impact -- what is the carbon footprint of cannabis? ... Some advocates argue that by legalizing marijuana, more growing could be conducted outdoors, thus reducing its footprint. With ... The report also claims that the carbon dioxide pollution from this electricity use "plus associated transportation fuels equals ...
BBC - GCSE Bitesize - Carbon footprints
A secondary school revision resource for GCSE Geography on climate change and how to measure the impact of carbon dioxide ... Measuring the impact of carbon dioxide on the environment. A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on ... As a country develops its carbon footprint tends to increase. This pattern is shown in the graph below, with MEDCs [MEDC: A ... This pie chart shows what contributes to the carbon footprint of a typical person living in an MEDC. ...
Data is the linchpin in your ability to make in-the-moment competitive decisions, increase efficiency, and identify new market and customer opportunities. But, if youre like most companies, 80% of your data is unstructured and file-based, and cannot be analyzed with traditional relational database tools.. With Unisys, you can marry subject matter experts with data scientists, and use machine learning to run real-time predictive algorithms to be more competitive in the marketplace while generating more revenue per customer at a lower cost.. Learn More ...
Carbon Footprint Reduction in Our Products - Xerox
We make carbon footprint reduction and energy saving in our equipment a priority and meet Energy Star standards to save ... Carbon Footprint Reduction. Our aim is to achieve carbon neutrality no later than 2040. Since establishing our first targets in ... To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve ... saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint. In 2020, 100 percent of all our new eligible product ...
Carbon Footprint Reduction in Our Products - Xerox
We make carbon footprint reduction and energy saving in our equipment a priority and meet Energy Star standards to save ... Carbon Footprint Reduction. *In 2003, we made a public commitment to reduce GHG emissions - our carbon footprint - by joining ... To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve ... saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint. In 2017, 100 percent of all our new eligible product ...
Diagnosing Health Care's Carbon Footprint - Mother Jones
Ever wonder how much of the American carbon footprint is caused by the American health care system? In a research letter ... Ever wonder how much of the American carbon footprint is caused by the American health care system? In a research letter ... is Europes largest public sector contributor of CO2 emissions and accounts for a quarter of the UKs total carbon footprint. ... The Brits are assessing their health care footprint too. James Black blogging at Health and Environment says that Britains ...
Can mass timber reform construction's carbon footprint?
... promises to reduce the construction industrys carbon footprint, but are the claims true? ... "It has a lighter carbon footprint; is at least 25 percent faster to build with and requires 75 percent fewer workers on the ... Timber can reduce the overall carbon footprint of a construction project compared to concrete and steel. ... it is believed that using locally sourced wood will reduce the overall carbon footprint of the buildings construction. ...
Software Calculates City-Specific Carbon Footprint : NPR
Reducing carbon dioxide emissions is tough if you dont know exactly where those gases are coming from. Scientists at Arizona ... Software Calculates City-Specific Carbon Footprint Reducing carbon dioxide emissions is tough if you dont know exactly where ... The idea is that mayors can find out where to surgically nip and tuck to reduce their carbon footprint. ... "This provides the opportunity for any normal citizen to pull up and see what their CO2 footprint could be over the city," he ...
What is Carbon Footprint? | CSUSM
Carbon Footprint Area Rugs - CafePress
The carbon footprint of large astronomy meetings | Nature Astronomy
The carbon footprint of the virtual meeting was roughly 3,000 times smaller than the face-to-face one, providing encouragement ... The carbon footprint of large astronomy meetings. *Leonard Burtscher. ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0003-1014-043X1, ... Burtscher, L., Barret, D., Borkar, A.P. et al. The carbon footprint of large astronomy meetings. Nat Astron 4, 823-825 (2020). ... The carbon footprint of the virtual meeting was roughly 3,000 times smaller than the face-to-face one, providing encouragement ...
CalculatorReducingGreenhouse gasConstruction's carbon footprint2019Climate changeEcological footprintsReduce carbon footprintsMassive Carbon FootprintInternational Organization foSearchReduction2050CalculatingCalculators14067Sector'sLight footprintEmissions footprint2016EstimateNeutralitySustainabilityRenewableCalculateAmount of greenhouse gasesMethaneShrinkTotal carbonOrganizationMainLower carbonAnnual carbonEstimatesTonnesGlobal carbon emissionsProviding carbon emissionsOrganization'sCO2eMinimizeNation'sOffset their carbonDioxide in the atmosphereProducesMeasureHousehold'sBellaOnlineContributesTons of carbon
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) hosts a helpful online household carbon footprint calculator that can help you figure out your family's footprint. (huffingtonpost.com)
- We computed the CO 2 -equivalent (CO 2 e) emissions associated with every plane or train trip using an online travel footprint calculator with its default settings, and we refer the reader to the accompanying paper 9 for a discussion on the pitfalls of the methods used in these calculations (for example, assumptions about the radiative forcing index). (nature.com)
- All thanks to our digital function the Carbon Footprint Calculator. (husqvarna.com)
- CarbonFootprint.com is a UK company with an all-in-one calculator that measures all factors in your life that contribute to your footprint. (cbc.ca)
- The Oregon Carbon Calculator estimates all direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions from your transportation, household energy use, and consumption of food, goods and services. (oregon.gov)
- The Oregon Carbon Calculator is made possible through Oregon DEQ's support of the CoolClimate Network, a program of the University of California, Berkeley, and through financial support by the California Air Resources Board and the CoolCalifornia.org partnership. (oregon.gov)
- The EPA has developed a Household Carbon Footprint Calculator to provide a rough estimate of a household's GHG emissions. (mnn.com)
- Try EPA's Household Carbon Footprint Calculator to estimate your annual greenhouse gas emissions. (epa.gov)
- Google "carbon calculator," and you'll get more than 2 million hits. (star-telegram.com)
- This is arguably the most credible carbon calculator available online because it is produced by the Environmental Protection Agency. (star-telegram.com)
- This calculator focuses on home-energy consumption and transportation, which account for most individual carbon emissions. (star-telegram.com)
- While that may turn some people off, the carbon calculator is the easiest to use of all the online calculators sampled. (star-telegram.com)
- The calculator can then differentiate between your personal carbon footprint and that of the house as a whole. (howstuffworks.com)
- After compiling all the figures, the calculator produces a total CO2 output in tons -- a carbon footprint. (howstuffworks.com)
- Our carbon calculator makes it easy for you to calculate the carbon footprint associated with your flight and the contribution necessary to offset your travel. (icelandair.com)
- Our carbon calculator estimates your contribution based on the length of your route and the number of passengers you list. (icelandair.com)
- Due to humans' heavy reliance on fossil fuels, energy usage, and constant deforestation, the amount of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is increasing, which makes reducing a greenhouse gas footprint harder to achieve. (wikipedia.org)
- Okay, dramatic fist-shaking aside, the infographic is a fun way to think about carbon footprints and reducing them where possible. (treehugger.com)
- This Carbon Footprint Report details the GHG emissions, which not only shows how and what the measures, but the actions that the EIB Group takes to continue reducing. (eib.org)
- Reducing your carbon footprint doesn't just help protect the environment, it also reduces the cost to your business. (telegraph.co.uk)
- However, reducing how many pages are printed unnecessarily can help lower your carbon footprint and save money. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Better efficiency means fewer resources wasted, further reducing your carbon footprint. (telegraph.co.uk)
- Going green or being eco-friendly can seem intimidating, but reducing your carbon footprint doesn't need to involve a radical lifestyle overhaul! (huffingtonpost.com)
- Some advocates argue that by legalizing marijuana, more growing could be conducted outdoors, thus reducing its footprint. (huffingtonpost.com)
- The carbon credits scheme is aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. (bbc.co.uk)
- Each new generation of Xerox products offers more functionality and uses less energy - saving our customers money and reducing their carbon footprint. (xerox.com)
- A new technique for building wooden mid- and high-rise buildings may unlock a critical strategy for reducing the construction industry's massive carbon footprint. (inhabitat.com)
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions is tough if you don't know exactly where those gases are coming from. (npr.org)
- The company provides a cost-effective outsourced solution that enables craft brewers to grow while reducing their carbon footprints. (prnewswire.com)
- IT wins over other sectors, notably aviation, because it can harness renewable energy, reducing the operational carbon footprint of a typical datacentre to virtually nil. (computerweekly.com)
- Tony Hothersall Forest Director, Red Rose Forest, said: 'The energy saving and efficiency measures which ENER-G has implemented have lowered our carbon footprint, reducing our impact on climate change. (prweb.com)
- Lancaster University researchers have used nanoplatelets extracted from carrot fibres to strengthen concrete mixtures, reducing the amount of cement required and potentially helping cut the construction industry's carbon footprint. (reuters.com)
- Stopping spam at its source, as well as investing in state-of-the-art spam filtering technology, will save time and money and will pay dividends to the planet by reducing carbon emissions as well. (techradar.com)
- But much can be done to reverse this, by reducing our carbon footprint. (iso.org)
- The industry is committed to achieving carbon-neutral growth by 2020 and reducing 50% in net emissions by 2050. (iata.org)
- Trees absorb carbon from carbon dioxide thus reducing the amount of it in the atmosphere. (icelandair.com)
- a. giving enterprises, organisations, and individuals a chance to become carbon neutral b. financing plans to sequester carbon in soil and tree planting c. actively protecting soil and plants d. increasing both public and corporate awareness as regards greenhouse gas emissions e. reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Iceland. (icelandair.com)
- Play media A carbon footprint is the total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions caused by an individual, event, organization, service, place or product, expressed as carbon dioxide equivalent. (wikipedia.org)
- However, there are several ways to reduce one's greenhouse gas footprint, choosing more energy-efficient eating habits, using more energy efficient household appliances, increase usage of fuel efficient cars, and saving electricity. (wikipedia.org)
- A greenhouse gas footprint is the numerical quantity of these gases that a single entity emits. (wikipedia.org)
- Companies that transparently report and measure their progress toward an absolute greenhouse gas reduction target receive higher credit in the operational footprint category. (greenpeace.org)
- Carbon neutrality can still result in higher pollution overall as the industry grows its net greenhouse gas pollution. (greenpeace.org)
- BASF's PCFs are calculated following general standards for life cycle assessment (ISO 14044) and carbon footprints of products (ISO 14067), as well as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Product Standard. (basf.com)
- To this end, we reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy use in our facilities, investing in product designs that conserve energy and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and offering digital multifunction printers and energy-efficient solutions to our customers. (xerox.com)
- No one really knows how much carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, comes from each. (npr.org)
- Many organizations undertake greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories using standardized approaches and principles to account for their GHG emissions and carbon footprint. (epa.gov)
- The strategy is set to lead to greater monitoring of greenhouse gas emissions by the health service, although the efficiency of buildings and the carbon dioxide footprint of pharmaceuticals - the latter being responsible for 4.06 million tonnes of annual emissions - are more pressing areas for improvement. (theregister.co.uk)
- Find out how your household contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, and discover some of the ways you can reduce your carbon footprint. (oregon.gov)
- Simple things you can do at any time to reduce your personal and household emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2), the leading greenhouse gas contributor to climate change. (mass.gov)
- Carbon Footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) such as carbon dioxide (CO2) that a business, organization, product, household or personal lifestyle produces. (mnn.com)
- Our carbon footprints comply with internationally recognised standards (Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO 14064). (myclimate.org)
- The energy system the world has now cannot supply more energy and, at the same time, reduce greenhouse gas emissions like carbon dioxide. (shell.com)
- ISO 14067 is part of the ISO 14060 family of standards for quantifying, monitoring, reporting and validating greenhouse gas emissions to support a low-carbon economy. (iso.org)
- It quantifies communities' carbon footprint - the total amount of greenhouse gas emissions that come from transportation, energy use and other sources. (mercurynews.com)
- At Christian Aid, we've been reporting our in-house carbon dioxide emissions since 2005/06, and our full greenhouse gas emissions (including methane, nitrous oxide and the extra warming 'uplift' from flights) since 2008/09. (christianaid.org.uk)
- Between 2008/09 and 2015/16 our greenhouse gas emissions fell by around 3,200 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent - a 57% drop. (christianaid.org.uk)
- With carbon cap-and-trade legislation before Congress and increasing pressure from shareholders, US companies know they'll have to deal with their greenhouse gas emissions, or carbon footprint, and many are jumping the gun to change their carbon liability into an asset. (cnbc.com)
- There are several tools available to measure a firm's carbon footprint -- dozens of software packages and consulting firms have sprung up in recent years to help analyze emissions -- but the most widely used set of accounting guidelines is the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, GGP, criteria created by World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development in partnership with governments and businesses around the world. (cnbc.com)
Construction's carbon footprint2
- Following last year's annual European Astronomical Society (EAS) meeting in Lyon (the European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS) 2019), we conducted a short survey among participants who had agreed to receive such communication via e-mail (719 out of 1,240 attendees) to estimate the current, collective carbon emissions generated through travel to and from the meeting. (nature.com)
- The footprint report of 2019 of the UT that was produced by Realised will be used as guiding example (www.utwente.nl/sustainability). (utwente.nl)
- Carbon footprints are more focused than ecological footprints since they measure merely emissions of gases that cause climate change into the atmosphere. (wikipedia.org)
- The use of household carbon footprint calculators was called "effective propaganda" as strategic communication to shift responsibility of climate change-causing pollution away from the corporations and institutions that created a society where carbon emissions are unavoidable and onto personal lifestyle choices. (wikipedia.org)
- The carbon footprint report helps our management, staff and other stakeholders to gain a better understanding of our impact on climate change resulting from our internal operations. (eib.org)
- A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on the environment, and in particular climate change. (csusm.edu)
- ICT procurement makes up just 1.7 per cent of the English NHS's total emissions of the main gas responsible for climate change, which totals 18.61 million tonnes - 30 per cent of the public sector's emissions, and 3.2 per cent of all carbon dioxide generated by England. (theregister.co.uk)
- The label displays the carbon dioxide emissions associated with their production, transportation, usage and disposal, thus giving an indication to the buyer the likely impact on climate change of buying a particular product. (eurekalert.org)
- Consumers are increasingly concerned with climate change issues, government legislation is being put in place and already carbon labeling is appearing on some products. (eurekalert.org)
- Extinction Rebellion - a burgeoning social movement to fight climate change that is taking hold in the United Kingdom - is asking just this: governments must tell the truth about the ecological emergency and enact legally binding policy measures to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2025. (forbes.com)
- Simply put, your carbon footprint is the total amount of carbon dioxide your day-to-day activities produce and how that contributes to accelerating global warming and climate change. (star-telegram.com)
- Shake up your lifestyle for a week or a month, help us combat climate change and get fit with the Carbon Footprint Challenge. (christianaid.org.uk)
- Kolviður operates under the surveillance of the Icelandic National Audit Office and the carbon offset is measured by ÍSÚ (Íslensk skógarúttekt - the Icelandic Forestry Inventory), which collects all mandatory data on the sequestration of carbon in the forest according to the criteria laid out by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. (icelandair.com)
- If emissions are your sole criteria, you'd end up with a portfolio of advertising companies," says Mario Lopez-Alcala, senior analyst in the climate change research group at analytics firm RiskMetrics Group, pointing to a subsector with a light footprint. (cnbc.com)
- While carbon footprints are usually reported in tons of emissions (CO2-equivalent) per year, ecological footprints are usually reported in comparison to what the planet can renew. (wikipedia.org)
- Carbon footprint is one of a family of footprint indicators, which also include ecological footprints, water footprints and land footprints. (wikipedia.org)
Reduce carbon footprints2
- While clean energy and organic farming certainly help the planet, there are many other ways to reduce carbon footprints without drastically changing your lifestyle. (huffingtonpost.com)
- To underscore the point that innovation comes from capping emissions and allowing businesses to find the most cost-effective means of compliance, following are several examples of both winners and losers in the race to reduce carbon footprints. (fastcompany.com)
Massive Carbon Footprint1
- Thanks to an announcement made by their team in the TreeHugger Forums , we caught wind of the work they're doing to try and shrink the massive carbon footprint that all of us using the Internet creates. (treehugger.com)
International Organization fo1
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is working on a new standard for the Carbon Footprint of Products - ISO 14067. (sgs.com)
- Google also said a while back that a typical search generates .02 grams of carbon dioxide. (hothardware.com)
- Google claims to be a carbon neutral company, but does not share either its emissions footprint or an overall emissions reduction target. (greenpeace.org)
- If you have thousands of devices, that turns into big savings and a massive reduction in carbon over a year. (telegraph.co.uk)
- The primary benefit of using wood instead of concrete and steel is the reduction in carbon emissions. (inhabitat.com)
- Companies see the potential for large financial savings through the reduction of carbon dioxide output, particularly through reductions in energy use and that these savings can also be felt down the supply chain. (intertek.com)
- Intertek's Carbon Footprint Evaluation Service provides access to environmental impact assessment experts who can demystify the carbon footprint/credit programs set up in response to these regulations, calculate the level of GHG emissions and address questions regarding your specific carbon footprint to help you meet legislated GHG reduction targets. (intertek.com)
- To understand the calculations on which the Take Action options are based, see the Carbon Reduction Analysis documentation . (oregon.gov)
- Contract SGS to assess the energy reduction solutions across your organization and supply chain and meet the PAS 2050 "Carbon Footprint" standard. (sgs.com)
- Although it is tempting to conclude from the research that crime reduction will automatically result in a reduction of carbon emissions, this is not necessarily the case, due to the rebound effect. (iran-daily.com)
- To have the best chance of avoiding a 2℃ rise in global temperatures, the average global carbon footprint per year needs to drop under 2 tons by 2050. (nature.org)
- This assesses the number of "earths" that would be required if everyone on the planet consumed resources at the same level as the person calculating their ecological footprint. (wikipedia.org)
- Calculating a carbon footprint for all of a company's business activities (also known as a corporate carbon footprint) serves as the basis for corporate climate protection. (myclimate.org)
- Calculating your carbon footprint can help you to identify ways that you can lessen your impact on the environment. (wikihow.com)
- Calculating your carbon footprint requires taking lots of different factors into account. (wikihow.com)
- CarbonFootprint.com is similar to many Canadian companies (like CarbonZero and Carbon Tree ) that sell offsets and have their own calculators. (cbc.ca)
- If terms like "carbon calculators" and "greenhouse gases" have you confused, you're not alone. (star-telegram.com)
- Because carbon calculators ask for only -rough estimates, it's fairly easy for investigators to approximate the footprints of celebrities and politicians. (howstuffworks.com)
- Carbon calculators convert your annual electric bill into a quantifiable amount of CO 2 . (howstuffworks.com)
- To remain as accessible as possible, most carbon calculators ask very simple questions about consumption. (howstuffworks.com)
- Carbon calculators usually start by asking for your location. (howstuffworks.com)
- For air travel, some carbon calculators ask for an annual estimate of mileage. (howstuffworks.com)
- Some calculators even put footprints in context by comparing them with the national or global averages. (howstuffworks.com)
- ISO 14067:2018, Greenhouse gases - Carbon footprint of products - Requirements and guidelines for quantification , has just been published as an International Standard, providing globally agreed principles, requirements and guidelines for the quantification and reporting of the carbon footprint of a product (CFP). (iso.org)
- Without a significant increase in the use of renewable energy, the IT sector's carbon footprint will continue to grow at a concerning rate, increasing the demand for electricity produced from coal and other forms of dirty energy. (greenpeace.org)
- As you estimate how many airplane flights you take each year, how many miles you bike, and so on, you move weights up and down the sliders-and these combine to weigh how much carbon you produce, from major emitter to light footprint. (shareable.net)
- While both RECs and offsets can help an organization lower its emissions footprint, they are different instruments used for different purposes. (epa.gov)
- This site is produced by British Petroleum and provides a simple, interactive guide to estimate your annual household carbon emissions. (carleton.edu)
- This is operated by the Nature Conservancy, and it allows you to estimate both your individual and household carbon emissions. (star-telegram.com)
- This allowed them to estimate the carbon footprint of crime committed in England and Wales in 2011. (iran-daily.com)
- You may not be able to get an exact figure to represent your carbon footprint, but you can get a close estimate. (wikihow.com)
- Our aim is to achieve carbon neutrality no later than 2040. (xerox.com)
- According to the Global Footprint Network, an international non-profit research organization offering insights and metrics to advance sustainability, we are falling into ecological debt, and if we keep consuming the earth's resources at the current rate, we will soon need the equivalent of 1.7 earths to survive. (iso.org)
- Other companies have tied sustainability to performance, including Royal Dutch Shell PLC, which plans to set short-term carbon-emissions targets and link them to executive pay, The Wall Street Journal has previously reported . (wsj.com)
- The best-managed companies are evaluating their carbon footprint," says R. Paul Herman, founder and CEO of HIP Investor Inc., a Californian investment advisory firm that has created two sustainability indexes tracking the S&P 100 and S&P 500 constituent companies. (cnbc.com)
- The goal excludes fuel used in product testing, and Mr. Stein said it would be achieved through installations of renewable energy across its properties and by purchasing zero-carbon energy, such as solar. (wsj.com)
- The deceptive PR campaign instructed individuals to calculate their personal footprints and provided ways for people to lower their own impact, while BP itself continued to extract just as much fossil fuels. (wikipedia.org)
- Researchers in Canada and the U.S. are developing tools to calculate the carbon footprint of AI models in an effort to help those who create them understand the impact the models are having on the environment. (wsj.com)
- How do I calculate my carbon footprint? (star-telegram.com)
- It will give organizations of all kinds a means to calculate the carbon footprint of their products and provide a better understanding of ways in which they can reduce it. (iso.org)
- Your water consumption from appliances is also important to consider as you calculate your carbon footprint. (wikihow.com)
Amount of greenhouse gases2
- A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gases (including carbon dioxide and methane) that are generated by our actions. (nature.org)
- Our carbon footprint refers to the net amount of greenhouse gases generated by us or things we consume, with fossil fuels being a major source. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Greenhouse gases, including the carbon-containing gases carbon dioxide and methane, can be emitted through the burning of fossil fuels, land clearance and the production and consumption of food, manufactured goods, materials, wood, roads, buildings, transportation and other services. (wikipedia.org)
- For this reason, Wright, Kemp, and Williams proposed the following definition of a carbon footprint: A measure of the total amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) emissions of a defined population, system or activity, considering all relevant sources, sinks and storage within the spatial and temporal boundary of the population, system or activity of interest. (wikipedia.org)
- The most common GHGs are carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), and many fluorinated gases. (wikipedia.org)
- Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide (CO2), methane and ozone contribute to pollution, ozone depletion and global warming. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Direct emissions include both the methane released from organic material deposited in landfills and carbon dioxide emissions from transport, incineration, and recycling plants. (edu.mt)
- Landfill gas, which is 50% methane, is produced when biogenic carbon (emissions that originate from biological sources like plants, trees and soil) is deposited in landfills. (edu.mt)
- Every tonne of methane released into the atmosphere absorbs 28 times as much heat energy as carbon dioxide does. (edu.mt)
- Sun Microsystems found numerous ways to shrink its carbon footprint, and then even more clever ways to manage it. (fastcompany.com)
- In most cases, the total carbon footprint cannot be calculated exactly because of inadequate knowledge of and data about the complex interactions between contributing processes, including the influence of natural processes that store or release carbon dioxide. (wikipedia.org)
- James Black blogging at Health and Environment says that Britain's National Health Service (NHS) is Europe's largest public sector contributor of CO2 emissions and accounts for a quarter of the UK's total carbon footprint. (motherjones.com)
- That gives us a total carbon dioxide (CO2) footprint of 2,533,760 grams for the kilowatt hours of server use. (bellaonline.com)
- It allows organizations to more accurately see where the main impacts on their carbon footprint are generated related to the production of their products, and thus take appropriate actions to reduce it," he said. (iso.org)
- The BASF sales products from both approaches have the same properties as products based on purely fossil raw materials - but with a lower carbon footprint. (basf.com)
- In other words, they must have a lower carbon intensity, which Shell calls a carbon footprint. (shell.com)
- You will have a higher carbon footprint if you eat meat from domesticated animals regularly, and you will have a lower carbon footprint if you eat no meat or animal products at all. (wikihow.com)
- The global average annual carbon footprint per person in 2014 was about 5 tonnes CO2eq. (wikipedia.org)
- Annual carbon dioxide savings are estimates for the described activity or an average household. (mass.gov)
- The Community Forest for Greater Manchester has reduced the carbon dioxide emissions from its building by almost 19 tonnes per year, which equates to the annual carbon saved by approximately four acres of pine forest. (prweb.com)
- It is difficult to measure congestion's contribution to national carbon emissions - estimates are sensitive to highly variable factors like driving behavior, vehicle and roadway types, and local traffic conditions -but the report's stab at quantifying the issue could help further visualize a largely ignored pollution problem. (wbez.org)
- A new study, published in the Journal of Industrial Ecology, estimates the carbon footprint of crime. (iran-daily.com)
- Patients' travel produces 1.53 million tonnes and health service business travel 740,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually. (theregister.co.uk)
- The research was not able to provide the additional emissions from ICT's share of NHS electricity use, which in total produces 2.31 million tonnes of carbon dioxide annually, due to a lack of individual metering of equipment. (theregister.co.uk)
- ENER-G also installed high frequency T5 fluorescent lights that will reduce Red Rose's electricity consumption by almost 14,000kWh per year and save 7.5 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions annually, while increasing lighting levels. (prweb.com)
Global carbon emissions4
- Although forestry, construction and climate experts disagree on the extent of its benefits, mass timber is a promising substitute for concrete and steel, materials that contribute 5 percent of global carbon emissions each. (inhabitat.com)
- Cement manufacturing contributes 8 percent of global carbon emissions. (mnn.com)
- Air transport as a whole represents just 2% of global carbon emissions. (iata.org)
- Air cargo already compares favorably with other transport modes like maritime shipping, which accounts for about 4% of global carbon emissions. (iata.org)
Providing carbon emissions1
- First, Apple says that it will now be providing carbon emissions data to the Carbon Disclosure Project at the request of shareholders. (9to5mac.com)
- An individual's, nation's, or organization's carbon footprint can be measured by undertaking a GHG emissions assessment, a life cycle assessment, or other calculative activities denoted as carbon accounting. (wikipedia.org)
- At the conclusion of the program, we successfully cut emissions by 42 percent or 210,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) while energy consumption was down 31 percent. (xerox.com)
- GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. , Oct. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- By sharing a pool of kegs rather than owning their own, over 200 leading craft brewers helped reduce their collective carbon footprint by over 3 million kg of CO2e in 2013. (prnewswire.com)
- During the same period CO2e, or carbon dioxide equivalent, will need to reduce by around half from 32 gigatons to 18.4 to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement. (shell.com)
- They found it to be over four million metric tons CO2e, equivalent to the carbon emissions of around 900,000 UK homes, surrey.ac.uk reported. (iran-daily.com)
- They will provide a step-by-step process to determine the best possible approach to minimize harmful outputs and increase possible resources for Carbon credits. (intertek.com)
- Lisa Jackson, former head of the EPA and current Apple executive, explains how the company tries to minimize its carbon footprint in its multi-national supply chain. (cnn.com)
- Although we do our best to be responsible stewards of the environment, the healthcare industry in the U.S. is responsible for 7.6 percent of the nation's total "climate footprint," according to a report from the environmental advocacy group Health Care Without Harm. (3m.com)
Offset their carbon2
- Trees growing on forest land adjacent to Mount Rainier National Park are shown Monday, Nov. 23, 2015, near Ashford, Wash. The land is part of a new project of 520 acres on private timberland that allows the private nonprofit Nisqually Land Trust to sell so-called "carbon credits" to individuals and companies - including Microsoft Corp. - who are hoping to offset their carbon footprints. (huffingtonpost.com)
- By basing calculations on Icelandair's environmental statements, automatically generated by Klappir's environmental solutions system, Icelandair, in collaboration with Kolviður, offers passengers the opportunity to offset their carbon footprint in a simple and efficient way. (icelandair.com)
Dioxide in the atmosphere2
- ICT procurement for the health service in England produces carbon dioxide equivalent to that generated by 27,000 of its patients. (theregister.co.uk)
- The average American family, through everyday activities such as driving to work and cooling the home, produces nearly 20 tons of carbon dioxide a year -- by far the most in the world. (star-telegram.com)
- Surprisingly, when it comes to making OJ, it's not the packaging or the trucks-growing the fruit produces the single greatest proportion of the carbon footprint of Tropicana orange juice, as PepsiCo just hired an outside consultant to determine. (fastcompany.com)
- Detailed analysis of the different activities and their emissions allows key decision makers at the Bank to measure the impacts of carbon abatement activities and identify areas where further improvements could be made. (eib.org)
- A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on the environment. (bbc.co.uk)
- A fundamental component of these regulations is the need to measure the cradle-to-grave 'Carbon Footprint' involved in the development, production, distribution and disposal process for a product. (intertek.com)
- Clearing the air: How do you actually measure your carbon footprint? (cbc.ca)
- New breed of accountants measure carbon footprint San Francisco based, Climate Earth has developed new software technology that measures and analyzes the carbon impact inside the supply chain, from the production of a carton of orange juice to the construction of a giant skyscraper. (zdnet.com)
- 1) The only solution is to reduce our carbon footprint, but first we need to measure it. (iso.org)
- I spent an hour watching people from all over the United States measure their carbon footprints, and the results were quite depressing. (shareable.net)
- Developed by the IATA Air Cargo Carbon Footprint (ACCF) working group, the document establishes a methodology to measure the CO2 emissions generated by air cargo at shipment level. (iata.org)
- They are easy to measure," says Chris Erickson, CEO of carbon accounting and consulting firm Climate Earth. (cnbc.com)
- Compare your household's carbon footprint to households of similar size and income. (oregon.gov)
- This pie chart shows what contributes to the carbon footprint of a typical person living in an MEDC. (bbc.co.uk)
- Portola Valley, Piedmont and Alamo residents have a more dubious distinction, ranking at the top of carbon emitters, according to a UC-Berkeley analysis that offers a stark revelation of how each Bay Area neighborhood contributes to global warming. (mercurynews.com)
Tons of carbon3
- Eat locally grown food: The average meal in the United States travels 1,200 miles to get to your dinner table, producing tons of carbon emissions via the trucks, trains and planes used to ship the food. (star-telegram.com)
- They claim the Games will have been responsible for 118,000 tons of carbon emissions in the entire seven years since Vancouver was awarded the Winter Olympics, compared with 248,000 tons at the Salt Lake City Games in 2002 and an estimated 160,00 tons at the 2006 Turin Games - and those amounts were just for 17 days of the Games. (newsmax.com)
- This year's report covered 409 responding corporations, accounting for ten billion tons of carbon dioxide equivalents. (cnbc.com)