Health Planning Technical Assistance
Spread and adoption of inventions and techniques from one geographic area to another, from one discipline to another, or from one sector of the economy to another. For example, improvements in medical equipment may be transferred from industrial countries to developing countries, advances arising from aerospace engineering may be applied to equipment for persons with disabilities, and innovations in science arising from government research are made available to private enterprise.
Community-Based Participatory Research
Community Health Planning
Public Health Practice
Communicable Disease Control
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Sick Building Syndrome
A group of symptoms that are two- to three-fold more common in those who work in large, energy-efficient buildings, associated with an increased frequency of headaches, lethargy, and dry skin. Clinical manifestations include hypersensitivity pneumonitis (ALVEOLITIS, EXTRINSIC ALLERGIC); allergic rhinitis (RHINITIS, ALLERGIC, PERENNIAL); ASTHMA; infections, skin eruptions, and mucous membrane irritation syndromes. Current usage tends to be less restrictive with regard to the type of building and delineation of complaints. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Delivery of Health Care
Community Health Services
World Health Organization
Terminology as Topic
A protozoan disease caused in humans by four species of the PLASMODIUM genus: PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM; PLASMODIUM VIVAX; PLASMODIUM OVALE; and PLASMODIUM MALARIAE; and transmitted by the bite of an infected female mosquito of the genus ANOPHELES. Malaria is endemic in parts of Asia, Africa, Central and South America, Oceania, and certain Caribbean islands. It is characterized by extreme exhaustion associated with paroxysms of high FEVER; SWEATING; shaking CHILLS; and ANEMIA. Malaria in ANIMALS is caused by other species of plasmodia.
Primary Health Care
Architecture as Topic
Enhancing innovation between scientific and indigenous knowledge: pioneer NGOs in India. (1/233)(+info)
Partnerships for environmental and occupational justice: contributions to research, capacity and public health. (2/233)(+info)
City leadership for health and sustainable development: the World Health Organization European Healthy Cities Network. (3/233)(+info)
Assessment of epidemiology capacity in State Health Departments - United States, 2009. (4/233)Since 2001, the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) periodically has conducted a standardized national assessment of state health departments' core epidemiology capacity. During April-June 2009, CSTE sent a web-based questionnaire to the state epidemiologist in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The assessment inquired into workforce capacity and technological advancements to support surveillance. Measures of capacity included total number of epidemiologists and self-assessment of the state's ability to carry out four essential services of public health (ESPH). This report summarizes the results of the assessment, which determined that in 2009, 10% fewer epidemiologists were working in state health departments than in 2006. Compared with 2006, the percentage of state health departments with substantial-to-full (>50%) epidemiology capacity decreased in three ESPH, including 1) capacities to monitor and detect health problems, 2) investigate them, and 3) evaluate the effectiveness of population-based services. The percentage of departments with substantial-to-full epidemiology capacity for bioterrorism/emergency response decreased slightly, from 76% in 2006 to 73% in 2009. More than 30% of states reported minimal-to-no (<25%) capacity to evaluate and conduct research and for five of nine epidemiology program areas, including environmental health, injury, occupational health, oral health, and substance abuse. Working together, federal, state, and local agencies should develop a strategy to address downward trends and major gaps in epidemiology capacity. (+info)
Basic occupational health services in Baoan, China. (5/233)OBJECTIVES: The aim of the study was to develop a model of basic occupational health services (BOHS) in Baoan, which could provide occupational health services (OHS) universally for workers and control occupational hazards. METHODS: Steps involved in the BOHS strategy included construction of the BOHS system, capacity building, health training and education, surveillance of workplaces and the health of workers, risk assessment, control and evaluation processes. RESULTS: This model provided BOHS to employees universally, especially migrant workers in small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who had been underserved. It expanded the coverage of OHS and improved their content. The knowledge and recognition rate of occupational diseases, the coverage rates of working places and workers rose significantly after three years development. Furthermore, BOHS were cost-effective and accepted by both employers and employees. CONCLUSIONS: Our experience suggests that a BOHS strategy might be a feasible and effective way of protecting the health of workers confronted with occupational hazards. (+info)
Strengthening prevention performance using technology: a formative evaluation of interactive Getting To Outcomes. (6/233)(+info)
Reducing obesity in early childhood: results from Romp & Chomp, an Australian community-wide intervention program. (7/233)(+info)
The science of eliminating health disparities: summary and analysis of the NIH summit recommendations. (8/233)(+info)
Malaria Training and Research Capacity Building in Southern Africa - Nirbhay Kumar
The long-term objective of the Malaria Training and Research Capacity Building in Southern Africa is to create a center of excellence for malaria research in So...
Challenges of Capacity Building in Multisector Community Health Alliances | Aligning Forces for Quality
Capacity building is often described as fundamental to the success of health alliances, yet there are few evaluations that provide alliances with clear guidance on the challenges related to capacity building. This article attempts to identify potential challenges of capacity building in multistakeholder health alliances. The study uses a multiple case study design to identify potential challenges and trade-offs associated with capacity building in four community health alliances in the United States. Multiple challenges were found to be common across the four alliances, including specifying appropriate governance structures and decision-making frameworks, aligning stakeholder interests with the vision of the alliance, balancing short-term objectives with long-term goals, and securing resources to sustain the effort without compromising it. These challenges often involved trade-offs and choices that alliances need to prepare for if they are to approach capacity building in a planful rather than a ...
EdQual Policy Brief No. 8. Research Capacity Building: Learning from the EdQual RPC. - GOV.UK
The case of EdQual demonstrates how large research consortia can create new opportunities for Southern research engagement and leadership, that this helps to ensure research meets Southern knowledge needs, and that capacity building is integral to research processes. ...
Capacity building for Intergovernmental Platform for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES). Progress report 2011: Indo-...
This report describes the activities and achievements in 2011 of the Indo- Norwegian pilot project on capacity building in biodiversity informatics for enhanced decision making, improved conservation and sustainable development in India. The pilot project is initiated and funded by the Norwegian Ministry for Foreign affairs, the Norwegian Environmental Ministry and the Norwegian Directorate for Nature Management. The pilot project is also highly welcomed and explicitly supported by the Government of India. Capacity building has been identified as an essential component of IPBES. The Norwegian Government acknowledges the need for capacity building and has developed and initiated several projects addressing capacity building needs in partner countries. The Norwegian Institute for Nature research (NINA) were during the spring 2011 invited by the Norwegian Directorate for Nature Management to initiate and coordinate a pilot project on ca-pacity building under IPBES. India was early identified as an ...
Download Psychosocial Capacity Building In Response To Disasters
download psychosocial capacity and downloads. quite: Arratia G, Schultze HP, entities. machines and Fossil Record. others of the Ostariophysan Fishes( Teleostei). new Journal of the global Society. Hoboken: John Wiley clocks; Sons. Olney JE, Johnson GD, Baldwin CC. shea of field reasons. download psychosocial capacity building in response to of Marine Science. daily engineering: An nuclear dialog. download psychosocial capacity building of Marine Science. methods of the encyclopedia Labroidei( Pisces: Perciformes): number, particle and many idea. download psychosocial capacity building in of the relationships of Description solutions, or pages Pisces, Marsipobranchii, and Leptocardii. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collection. Tyler JC, Johnson GD, Nakamura I, Collette BB. ISLE of Luvarus imperialis( Luvaridae), with a free discussion of the Acanthuroidei. assisting general download psychosocial capacity building in response to skills has however a biblical nature of mathematical protection. areas of ...
Guide to Evaluating Capacity Development Results | LenCD
This set of guidance notes is designed to support practitioners and evaluators in conducting retrospective evaluations of a capacity development intervention or portfolio to assess and document results. Users will enhance their understanding of the capacity development process, of what works and what does not work in promoting change and to inform future programs.. The standard M&E approach for assess- ing capacity development results has not been sufficient. These guidance notes are designed to complement and supplement good M&E practice to more effectively identify capacity development results. Typi- cally, results-based M&E emphasizes the assessment of outcomes and impacts while 9also tracking inputs, activities and outputs to monitor implementation. A results chain or logic model is used to articulate the sequence from inputs to results.. For example, in World Bank lending operations, a projects results framework specifies the project development objec- tive (PDO), higher-level outcomes ...
Noncommunicable diseases in developing countries: focus on research capacity building. - Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics,...
Request Capacity Building | Providing Social, Educational, and Capacity Building Services | PROCEED, Inc.
Thank you for your interest in our Capacity Building Services. We are excited to work with you and your organization and to help enhance the programs and services of your agency. Please complete the Request for Capacity Building Services form below and a member of the team will contact you within three (3) business days to learn more about your training and technical assistance needs and how we can assist you ...
Effectiveness of capacity building of health care workers on management of Paediatric HIV/AIDS patients: a case of University...
Global health initiatives and international public-private partnerships have made considerable progress towards advancing the capacity of the health workforce in delivering treatment, care and support. Capacity building must entail training, knowledge acquisition and management of paedaitric HIV / AIDS patients for the health personnel across the board. In turn all cadres must educate, counsel and appropriately inform the patient who is to benefit from their services. Such training should encompass knowledge base, communication skills and desirable professional attitudes. (MOH, 2005).Several initiatives on capacity building of HIV / AIDS health care workers have been initiated through PEPF AR funds. AIDS Care and Treatment Services (ACTS), a project of the University of Nairobi, Department of Paediatrics was not left out in the initiative. However the effectiveness of the project has not been evaluated since its inception. Capacity building is one of the most important components of scaling-up ...
Training & Capacity Building » KNCCI
The results have always been positive followed by smiles of success in overcoming the said situations. In this respect, KNCCI is seeking joint ventures from professional institutions to enhance its capacity to offer more advanced training courses. The Chairman of the Kenya National chamber of commerce and industry, Mombasa County has in the past reiterated the strategic importance of training and capacity building as vital tools for business success especially in the port city of Mombasa.. Capacity building is the term used frequently by foundations and non profit leadership to ascertain the ability of an organization to effectively achieve its mission. It can also be described as the strategies or actions that an organization takes to ensure that it has the resources needed to succeed. By organizing capacity building seminars & workshops as a chamber in partnership with our partners we ensure that our members have the required resources needed to succeed and stand out in a crowded and ...
Hand-ups, not handouts - The Commission for Africas report says that building capacity and trade while tackling corruption and...
Hand-ups, not handouts - The Commission for Africas report says that building capacity and trade while tackling corruption and poverty will help to turn round the continents problems ...
July 18, 2017 - Building Capacity
A chance to re-share some of the latest content thats been put up on Building Capacity, just ICYMI… (in case you missed it)! ...
Southern Governorates NGO Capacity Building Project
Originally the Maysan NGOs Capacity Building (MNCB) project, MNCB was expanded to build capacity in Nasiriya and Basra in late 2008. The goal of this project is to promote the growth and effectiveness of civil society organizations in the Maysan, Nasriyya, and Basra provinces so they can ensure that the interests of citizens are weighed by public institutions that make policy and allocate resources.. To achieve this goal, IF will organize four workshops (two in Northern Iraq and two others in the South) to build the capacity of 20 pre-selected independent NGOs. Ten NGOs will be selected from the Maysan governorate through training in concepts and practices that strengthen civil society institutions and expand their impact, including: organizational governance, and five NGOs from the Basra and Nasiriya governorates. Training will focus on building capacity in the following areas: leadership, organizational management, financial management, organizational mission and values formulation, strategic ...
Capacity Development | United Nations ESCAP
Recent years have seen significant shifts in thinking on development cooperation. While official development assistance remains an important component, the focus has increasingly moved to partnerships for effective development, with South-South cooperation a critical and rapidly growing aspect. This shift is highlighted by the Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation, adopted at the Fourth High-level Forum on Aid Effectiveness, in December 2011. In this context, capacity development and knowledge sharing, especially among countries pursuing similar development paths, are increasingly becoming more vital factors for inclusive and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region.. Capacity development is at the core of ESCAPs technical cooperation programme. The main objective of our capacity development work is to develop the technical, managerial and institutional capacities of member and associate member governments to plan and deliver more effective policies and programmes in ...
Current Programs and Services | Providing Social, Educational, and Capacity Building Services | PROCEED, Inc.
NCTSTAs customized capacity development services focus on providing cutting-edge capacity building and technical assistance to non-profit organizations, health departments, governmental organizations, and academic institutions that are seeking ways to maximize current resources, talent, and technology, in order to become more effective, efficient, and self-sustaining. Customized capacity building services are offered on a fee-for-service basis to individuals, organizations, and entities across a wide range of disciplines, including but not limited to youth and family services, substance abuse prevention, education, HIV/AIDS, and mental health services. We ensure that all trainings and technical assistance sessions are tailored to meet the unique needs of every organization and its constituents. Our approach is to work closely with organizations to identify priority needs, develop a mutually agreed upon plan of action, and execute CBA services that directly address identified needs, thus leading ...
Global Brain Disorders Research (R01 R21) - Fogarty International Center @ NIH
The Global Brain and Nervous System Disorders Research across the Lifespan program supports collaborative research and capacity building projects relevant to LMICs on brain and nervous system disorders throughout life. Grant recipients develop innovative, collaborative research programs that contribute to the long-term goal of building sustainable research capacity in nervous system function and nervous system impairment. Exploratory and developmental research grants through the R21 announcement help researchers develop collaborations, build research capacity and conduct pilot studies. Research grants through the R01 announcement support well-developed research collaborations and research capacity building for research networks within institutions, countries or regions.. ...
Nonprofit Capacity Building | United Way of Genesee County
United Way Supports Nonprofit Capacity Building United Way of Genesee Countys nonprofit infrastructure support is designed to strengthen the nonprofit sector of Flint and Genesee County by providing capacity building support and technical assistance. Since 2003, UWGC has worked with more than 100 Genesee County agencies through educational programs, organizational development grants and technical assistance resources. Agencies have subsequently expanded programs
More than money: does climate finance support capacity building?
Information Effective capacity building is vital for developing countries to enable them to contribute to global efforts to mitigate climate change and adapt to its consequences. This letter provides first empirical evidence on the impact of climate finance on institutional capacity in recipient countries. Using data from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and a World Bank index, we find a robust positive relation for sub-Saharan Africa from dynamic panel data estimation whereas no such effect is detected across remaining sample countries. While focusing on identification, however, our analysis should be seen as an initial piece of the puzzle. In light of the abundance of different capacity building concepts and definitions in the field of climate change future research is needed to understand the underlying mechanics.. ...
Sarpanchs of Kishtwar on Capacity Building Tour in Delhi | Business Standard News
Read more about Sarpanchs of Kishtwar on Capacity Building Tour in Delhi on Business Standard. Sarpanchs of Kishtwar on Capacity Building Tour in Delhi
Xpert search results for Introduction to macroecon
One of the early objectives of the ESRC Teaching and Learning Research Programme (TLRP) Research Capacity Building Network has been to undertake an extensive consultation exercise in order to identify the priorities for research capacity-building and to generate a database of expertise from across the UK educational research community. This report provides an account of the first element of the consultation exercise, interviews with twenty-five key stakeholders each representing the major consti ...
African Economic Conference: Hanan Morsy on how to build capacity development for African youths - CNBC Africa
Efforts to support the scale-up of integrated mental health care in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) need to focus on building human resource capacity in health system strengthening, as well as in the direct provision of mental health care. In a companion editorial, we describe a range of capacity-building activities that are being implemented by a multi-country research consortium (Emerald: Emerging mental health systems in low- and middle-income countries) for (1) service users and caregivers, (2) service planners and policy-makers and (3) researchers in six LMICs (Ethiopia, India, Nepal, Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda). In this paper, we focus on the methodology being used to evaluate the impact of capacity-building in these three target groups. We first review the evidence base for approaches to evaluation of capacity-building, highlighting the gaps in this area. We then describe the adaptation of best practice for the Emerald capacity-building evaluation. The resulting mixed ...
Institutional research capacity development for integrated approaches in developing countries: An example from Vietnam
Hung-Nguyen Viet, Vi Nguyen, Phuc Pham-Duc, Le Vu Anh, Phung Dac Cam, Tanner, M., Grace, D., Zurbrügg, C., Tran Thi Tuyet Hanh, Tu Vu-Van, Luu Quoc Toan, Dang Xuan Sinh, Pham Thi Huong Giang and Zinsstag, J. 2015. Institutional research capacity development for integrated approaches in developing countries: An example from Vietnam. In: Zinsstag, J., Schelling, E., Whittaker, M., Tanner, M. and Waltner-Toews, D. (eds.), One Health: The theory and practice of integrated health approaches. Wallingford, UK: CAB International: 332-340 ...
National Organizations of State and Local Officials: Health Care Payment and Financing | Government Grants | Grants Gov
This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the National Organizations of State and Local Officials (NOSLO) Program: Health Care Payment and Financing. The purpose of this program is to assist states and local authorities in a) preserving and improving public health, b) building capacity to address other public health matters and support and enforce health regulations, and c) preventing and suppressing communicable diseases. To fulfill the program’s purpose, NOSLO: Health Care Payment and Financing has the following objectives: 1) facilitate bidirectional communication and data/information-sharing between HRSA and state and/or local officials, 2) strengthen HRSA-funded programs by better understanding state and/or local stakeholder needs, priorities, and perspectives, and 3) support capacity-building activities at the state and/or local levels that strengthen the health care safety net and advance shared public health goals with HRSA.2 The term “capacity-building”
QUT | Staff Profiles | Nathan Subramaniam
Prof Nathan Subramaniam is an NHMRC Senior Research Fellow and Research Capacity Building Professor in the School of Biomedical Sciences, QUT. Prof Nathan Subramaniam received his PhD from Purdue University, W. Lafayette, Indiana, USA. He did his ...
CDC - Building Capacity of the Public Health System FOA - Applicant Resources - STLT Gateway
CDCs Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (OSTLTS) has announced the 25 national nonprofit awardees of this five-year funding opportunity.
Collaborative Teaching and Learning: A Model for Building Capacity and Partnerships to Address NTDs
Education, training, and a broad understanding of the social, political, economic, and environmental factors underlying poor health and health disparities are key elements in dealing with neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). We have now completed 3 years of the Harvard-Brazil Collaborative Public Health Field Course, and we believe this model is effective in educating students and in building networks for future research, education, and policy. We developed an innovative course curriculum that is multidisciplinary and multi-institutional and aims to prepare students, faculty, and researchers to find new approaches to reducing the burden of NTDs. Four of the five disease examples covered in the course are NTDs: dengue, leishmaniasis, leptospirosis, and schistosomiasis (the fifth is HIV/AIDS).. Based on interactions with students in the classroom, we concluded that there was a need for students to spend time in settings where these diseases persist to better understand that interventions must draw ...
eLearning for health system leadership and management capacity building: a protocol for a systematic review | BMJ Open
Health leadership and management capacity building does not need to be limited to formal degree programs. The application of information technology in the educational context, referred to as eLearning, could enable a flexible, efficient and scalable training as well as delivery of latest evidence, innovation as part of both preservice and continuous, inservice education. The potential transformative impact of eLearning on health workforce education has been widely acknowledged and endorsed.15 The use of eLearning for health professionals education is becoming increasingly important with the advances in information technology and an expotential growth in human knowledge and information. eLearning combined with the traditional education approach (eg, didactic, face-to-face learning) is often referred to as blended learning. eLearning encompasses a number of modalities that differ in terms of their delivery, content, learning objectives, pedagogy and setting. A common eLearning classification ...
eLearning for health system leadership and management capacity building: a protocol for a systematic review | BMJ Open
Health leadership and management capacity building does not need to be limited to formal degree programs. The application of information technology in the educational context, referred to as eLearning, could enable a flexible, efficient and scalable training as well as delivery of latest evidence, innovation as part of both preservice and continuous, inservice education. The potential transformative impact of eLearning on health workforce education has been widely acknowledged and endorsed.15 The use of eLearning for health professionals education is becoming increasingly important with the advances in information technology and an expotential growth in human knowledge and information. eLearning combined with the traditional education approach (eg, didactic, face-to-face learning) is often referred to as blended learning. eLearning encompasses a number of modalities that differ in terms of their delivery, content, learning objectives, pedagogy and setting. A common eLearning classification ...
Building Capacity in HAI Prevention Research: NICHE and the STOP CAUTI Workgroup | Agency for Health Research and Quality
This report presents a synthesis of results and methodological insights from AHRQ-funded prevent healthcare-associated infection (HAI) project leaders.
Youth Adult Partnerships and Sexual/Reproductive Justice: a capacity building workshop Tickets, Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM |...
Eventbrite - Mia Ragozino presents Youth Adult Partnerships and Sexual/Reproductive Justice: a capacity building workshop - Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at Sonia Sotomayor Community Center, Bronx, NY. Find event and ticket information.
Environmental Health Training in Emergency Response (EHTER): Building Capacity Through Blended Learning | National...
Environmental Health professionals may be called upon to perform essential tasks under emergency response or recovery conditions. EHTERs blended training approach enables learners to achieve basic awareness of emergency response protocols, and to practice and demonstrate ability to perform skills in a live team-based operational environment. Attendees will be able to describe how to design and develop blending that prepares staff to perform in operational environments. Presented at NEHA 2015 AEC
If you want to persuade decision makers to use evidence, does capacity building help? - From Poverty to Power
BCURE was most successful where projects accompanied government partners in a flexible, collaborative way that promoted ownership, and strengthened civil servants capacities through learning-by-doing.. Accompaniment is not easy - it was often possible only where BCUREs government partners already had a strong mandate and incentives to promote evidence use, or where BCURE had built up trust through previous activities that led to an invitation to closely accompany policy processes.. Accompanied reform processes in BCURE faced numerous blockages that had to be navigated, including corruption scandals, frequent staff rotations, competing interests, and changes in government priorities. For programmes to work in this way, there needs to be sufficient flexibility in the contracting model, to allow partners to respond nimbly to challenges and opportunities.. If its all about politics, should we bother building capacity for evidence use at all?. No-one is denying that skills and systems ...
Front Line Capacity Building
This project on District Capacity Building for Recovery and Resilience was been an outcome of the partnership process in between RedR India, RedR UK, Good Neighbour Nepal (GNN) and Unification Nepal. All together 14 training courses, were conducted in Sindhupalchowk and Gorakha districts. 292 participants representing local NGOs, INGOs and UN were trained through these training courses. The partnership process with GNN and Unification Nepal played significant role in identification of the training courses, disseminating course announcements, mobilising partnership and managing logistics of the training courses. Each partner also designed and conducted one partner led course in this series of 14 training courses. Rest of the 12 courses were designed and conducted by RedR India ...
Note: Original link can be found at the website for the International Institute of Concern for Public Health College of Applied Sustainability - Invitation to join Advisory Group By Willi Nolan To leave a legacy for future generations that eliminates our collective ecological footprint, we need to do more than just reading, talking,(…). By Willi • Activism, Creations helpers, Ecosystem & Environmental Health, Education, Food Security: Good Clean Food For Everyone!, Rosalie Bertell: Extending the Ministry of Dr. B., Willi Nolan, Willi Nolan - Contributions • 2 • Tags: About Willi Nolan & Current Press Coverage, accreditation, awakening, business, capacity building, center of excellence, co-creation, cocreate, collective survival, collective thought, collective understanding, community development, continuing education, craftsmanship, Creations helpers, Earth healing, earth restoration, Earth warriors, ecological footprint, ecological sustainability, economic viability, economy, ...
No Limits to Learning: Steps to Building Capacity for ALL Students
Thank you Lon. You are building a model. We all do benefit when we match the right tools with our needs so that we can focus our strengths in ways that let us accomplish the most. I find that when I introduce tools into classrooms, whether it is Click-Speak or right-click dictionaries, Google Notebook or WordTalk, NaturalReader or Google Earth (or Maps), or whatever, I find all students making some kind of use of these. Even great readers do better if they can instantly hear and define new vocabulary without breaking their concentration by leaving what they are working on. Even great writers benefit from hearing their writing read back to them (missing words? double words?). Even organised students gain from effectively using calendars. Even kids who write well can gain from the speed of a tool such as Jott. Even the best young researchers become better when they learn search engines and networked organizational tools like Diigo or Del.icio.us. Even the wealthiest school district can gain from ...
Civil Peace Service: Building capacity and networks among peace actors in the context of dealing with the past
CPS seeks to help Nepal deal with its violent past and bring about the peaceful transformation of current conflicts by developing local structures and dialogue opportunities which also address the causes of violence.
Malaria vaccine research and capacity building in Ghana | Danida Research Portal
The MAVARECA project was designed to conduct collaborative malaria vaccine research and capacity building. With half a year until the originally scheduled end of the project, we have reported in several high-impact scientific journal papers a series of highly significant research findings obtained as a result of our collaborative research. Three of the four enrolled PhD students are well underway towards submission of their theses. Laboratory facilities have been upgraded and scientific and technical staff has been trained. There has been a number of exchange visits in both directions.. ...
Building Capacity Blog Archives - Page 3 of 22 - OBrien & Company
Kathleen OBrien recently returned to the former site of a derelict Sears Auto Store, now the award-winning LEED Platinum office and studio for RiceFergusMiller. This urban Infill project reveals how a sustainable built environment is about so much more than bricks and mortar.. ...
Capacity Building - DR-4339-PR Economic Recovery Support Function
As recovery efforts began, the Economic RSF observed the potential for a significant bottleneck to occur when recovery funds started to flow to the Island due to the inexperience of municipal governments, educational institutions, and local non-profits in working with federal government agencies and grant makers from the contiguous U.S. To ensure a robust ecosystem including organizations serving a diverse set of communities and needs, the Economic RSF launched a strategy to quickly build expertise within the municipalities and the nonprofit sector to deliver training and capacity building services that foster new eligible applicants and increase grant making opportunities in Puerto Rico. ...
June 22, 2017 - Building Capacity
Liquid networks and serendipity have been vital to the innovative work of businesses and cultures throughout history. HMW replicate them in todays schools?. ...
Advocacy capacity building: A training toolkit | Conciliation Resources
This toolkit has been designed to support advocacy capacity building in the context of the Peoples Peacemaking Perspective project.
Monitoring - WWT » Capacity building
We have played a key role in this in the UK since our inception, managing and developing the National Wildfowl Counts (NWC) from 1954 until in 1993 when they were merged with the BTOs Birds of Estuaries Enquiry (BoEE) to form the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS). Further details on the development of waterbird counting in the UK can be found here. WWT also provided crucial support to the development of the Irish Wetland Bird Survey (I-WeBS), from its inception in 1994 until 2006.. WWT have worked in partnership with various international organisations to help support and develop waterbird monitoring in priority countries outside of Britain and Ireland. See below for more information about our most recent projects.. Capacity building work is vital if we are to maintain global waterbird diversity and abundance. It is also undertaken in collaboration with Wetlands International, since a major objective is to ensure it underpins the International Waterbird Census (IWC). We also support the IWC directly ...
African Capacity Building Centre (ACBC) - 2012-2013 Summary of Activities | IOM Online Bookstore
This publication summarizes activities of the African Capacity Building Centre (ACBC) in 2012-2013. Established in 2009 at the request of IOMs African Member States, the ACBC activities fall under three distinct but inter-related pillars. First, the ACBC provides technical expertise in migration and border management in the form of assessments, trainings, workshops, and development and installation of the Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS, previously known as PIRS), a border information system developed by IOM.
Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD): securitising EU development policy?: Deutsches Institut für...
Under the umbrella of Capacity Building in Support of Security and Development (CBSD), the EU seeks to enable the financing of training, equipment...
Capacity Building Services - Isla
Internship and volunteer partner providing access to the foundations innovative capacity building methodologies and opportunity to work in Uganda
Post-Haiyan Capacity Building and Policy Forum
This capacity building and policy forum is organized to build upon the accomplishments of the recently concluded project on post-disaster psycho social support in the Philippines.. This is capacitate key trainers from all regions of the country. In addition it will bring policy makers from Department of Education and Commission on Higher Education to discuss and proposed a policy advise to mainstream psycho social support in pre- and in-service teacher education.. This capacity building and policy forum intends to gather around 50 participants including resource persons and facilitators. This capacity building and policy forum will be held in Manila, Philippines.. ...
Building Capacity for Urban Transport Planning | Transport for Development
Comprehensive planning for urban transport is extremely important and piecemeal solutions have not been effective. For instance, efforts that only focus on construction, such as building flyovers or high-cost mass transit systems, are inadequate unless accompanied by suitable land-use planning and demand-side measures. It is also essential to consider the transport needs of different population groups, such as women, senior citizens, people with disabilities, and children. Each of these groups needs mobility and their travel needs and patterns vary widely.. As part of our efforts to help build capacity for urban transport planning, we just held a capacity building program at the Land Transport Authority Academy (LTAA) in Singapore from January 27 to February 2. Twenty-seven participants from Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Nigeria, and Vietnam attended this latest offering of the World Banks Leaders in Urban Transport Planning (LUTP) program. All of them had previously followed a month-long ...
Sabinet | Capacity-building needs assessment of rural health managers : the what and the how ... : supplement 1 - research
Background. There has been a renewed focus on leadership and governance within the South African health workforce as a key to strengthening the health system. Several studies have highlighted that managers feel poorly prepared for their role and responsibilities and argue for support and development for healthcare managers. This study describes a 'training' need assessment conducted for health managers in a rural district which has informed Stellenbosch University Rural Medical Education Partnership Initiative (SURMEPI) continuing professional development activities. Objective. To determine the capacity-building needs and preferred approaches to capacity building for health managers in a rural district. Methods. The study used a mixed method design. A survey was conducted among healthcare managers followed by structured interviews with randomly selected participants. Results were discussed at a workshop and meetings with the district management, which allowed for triangulation and
Building Capacity for the Paris Agreements Enhanced Transparency Framework | World Resources Institute
SynopsisThe Paris Agreements enhanced transparency framework places new and more stringent requirements on developing countries. For many countries, to implement these new requirements capacity-building support is vital. This new paper from the Project for Advancing Climate Transparency examines specifically how the new requirements have been enhanced, highlights the experiences of countries related to transparency, and maps the initiatives and processes designed to support capacity building.
A collaborative approach to health informatics capacity building - lea by Ping Yu, Marilynne Herbert et al.
Objectives: Canada and Australia share two priority areas for HI workforce capacity building: to support research and education. This presentation will discuss a collaborative, nationwide health informatics (HI) PhD/Postdoc training program in Canada, which demonstrates a potential solution to meet these priorities. The status of HI higher education in Australia is briefly reviewed. The potential solution in resolving workforce shortage in Australia through adopting overseas practice is discussed, such as implementing a similar collaborative HI research training program across the country. Background: A Think Tank organized by Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing in 2003 explored the issue of HI workforce capacity building and identified a list of priorities for action. These included support for research and education. One proposed strategy for addressing research support was to:
2013 | Chicago Medicine
Baeza, G., & Tiemstra, J.D. Blood pressure response to initiation of oral contraceptives. UIC DFM Scholarship Day Building Capacity for Research and Quality Improvement for Enhanced Service & Scholarship; Chicago, Illinois. May 29, 2013.. Bhan, S., & Figueroa, E. Excisional vs. Ablative Treatment for Presence of CIN 2-3 in Colposcopy Results. UIC DFM Scholarship Day Building Capacity for Research and Quality Improvement for Enhanced Service & Scholarship; Chicago, Illinois. May 29, 2013.. Chico, J., Tiemstra, J.D., & Hasnain, M. Sudden death in young adult athletes: Using evidence to guide best practices. UIC DFM Scholarship Day Building Capacity for Research and Quality Improvement for Enhanced Service & Scholarship; Chicago, Illinois. May 29, 2013.. Figueroa, E., & Hasnain, M. Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, organized by: Race, Ethnicity and Culture in Health Committee of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA). Panel Discussion. November 19, ...
AfricaBib | Media, capacity building and gender parity: why we shouldnt look away
The point of departure for this issue is the five-year NORHED project, Building capacity for a changing media environment in Uganda, funded by the Norwegian development agency NORAD. The focus of Part 1 of this issue is gender parity in journalism training, capacity building and within media practice. Part 2 focuses on the media coverage of the Oscar Pistorius case in South Africa, which illustrates the continued challenges of media representation particularly regarding race and gender. Contents: Media, capacity building and gender parity: why we shouldnt look away (Carol Azungi Dralega); Gender mainstreaming in media and journalism education: an audit of media departments in Uganda, Rwanda and Ethiopia (Carol Azungi Dralega, Agaredech Jemaneh, Margaret Jjuko, and Rehema Kantono); Gender and critical media-information literacy in the digital age: Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria (Okoth Fred Mudhai, Bianca Wright, and Aliyu Musa); The unexpected body: from Sara Baartman to Caster Semenya ...
Flagging Off Ceremony Army Organised Capacity Building Tour for Sarpanchs of | Business Standard News
Read more about Flagging Off Ceremony Army Organised Capacity Building Tour for Sarpanchs of on Business Standard. Flagging Off Ceremony : Army Organised Capacity Building Tour for Sarpanchs of Kishtwar to New Delhi and Agra
Network research by data graph management for capacity development and knowledge building in sustainable sanitation
The Millennium Development Goals (MDG) provide clear targets by 2015 and it turns out that sanitation is by far the largest of all the MDG targets affecting about 40% of the global population. The objective of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) is to show how Sustainable Sanitation projects should be planned with participation of stakeholders through capacity development activities. Developing the capacity of societies to collaboratively learn through change and uncertainty is fundamental for sustainability science. The aim of this contribution it is to analyze the role of graph database management (GDM) for improve capacity development and knowledge building in the Sustainable Sanitation framework. We provide a theoretical model with four features of network research: link analysis, social network, pattern recognition and keyword search that we illustrate with some examples. Network research allows us to observe how the information in Sustainable Sanitation is scattered properly ...
PSC - Public Water Supplies, Rates and Capacity Development Program | Environmental Services | Department of Behavioral &...
July 17, 2000. To All Affected Parties:. It has come to the attention of the Department of Public Service that local planning boards, realtors, land developers and home builders may be unaware of the potential impact of New York States Capacity Development Program, developed as a result of the federal Safe Drinking Water Act. In particular, I would like to bring to your attention that new investor-owned (private) water systems1 commencing operation after October 1, 1999 may have to charge rates that are far above what other systems are charging. For instance, annual water bills for new, private water systems may be in the neighborhood of $1,200 per year or higher, depending upon construction and operating costs. The goal of the States Capacity Development Program is to ensure that all new and existing water systems (both municipal and private) will be able to supply safe and adequate water, now and into the future. Various agencies, under coordination of the New York State Department of ...
Workshop on Capacity-Building for Health Promotion, Manila, Philippines, 5-8 November 2002 : report
World Health Organization. Regional Office for the Western Pacific. (2002). Workshop on Capacity-Building for Health Promotion, Manila, Philippines, 5-8 November 2002 : report. Manila : WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific. https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/208016 ...
CO-CHAIRS SUMMARY REPORT ARF CYBERCRIME CAPACITY-BUILDING CONFERENCE BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM APRIL 27-28, PDF
CO-CHAIRS SUMMARY REPORT ARF CYBERCRIME CAPACITY-BUILDING CONFERENCE BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM APRIL 27-28, Pursuant to the decision made by expedited procedure from the ARF Senior
Nonprofit Capacity Building Research | Urban Institute
Nonpartisan research on nonprofits, philanthropy, nonprofit organizations, and capacity building conducted and reported by the Urban Institute.
M.Sc. Biology (Parasitology), University of Copenhagen, 1985 • Ph.D. degree in biology (Parasitology), University of Copenhagen, 1999 • In 2004 evaluated and found qualified as associate professor in epidemiology at the Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen Current position Senior Research Scientist at DBL-Centre for Health Research and Development, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen Teaching experience More than 20 years of extensive teaching experience (parasitology, epidemiology, research methodology) in Denmark and in several developing countries, including Bhutan, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Sudan, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zimbabwe. Main Research Areas More than 20 years of experience in research and research capacity building in Denmark and in several developing countries, including Ghana, Kenya, Republic of South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam and Zambia. The research topic is aspects of the epidemiology and control of some of the ...
Dr Andrew McVicar - Anglia Ruskin University
Andrew has a longstanding academic background in physiology education more recently linked to stress responses in clinical or work places. He also has considerable experience in supporting research capacity building.
Request for Proposals (RFP) No. 17-AF-RFP-006 For the Provision of Capacity Building Support and Technical Assistance | VUFO -...
Request for Proposals (RFP) No. 17-AF-RFP-006 For the provision of Capacity Building Support and Technical Assistance. ECODIT LLC (ECODIT) is soliciting proposals from qualified organizations or consortia as described in the attached Request for Proposals (RFP). These services are required under the USAID Green Annamites Project, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under Task Order No. AID-440-TO-16-00001. Date of Issue: October 4, 2017. Deadline to Confirm Participation: October 13, 2017. Deadline for Questions: October 18, 2017. Due Date: November 13, 2017, 17:00 Hours local time in Vietnam. Interested parties must declare their intention to submit an offer by no later than October 13, 2017 by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Offerors are responsible for ensuring ECODIT receives all e-mail transmissions. The attached file includes:. ...
Building Capacity Through Public Health Deadlines | National Environmental Health Association: NEHA
Occasionally the spotlight of public attention and the media turns to public and environmental health issues. During these times, our profession is called to educate, advise, and oftentimes calm policy makers and community members. This months column provides readers with advice on how to leverage these events to further your organizations public presence, promote other health programs, provide justification for environmental health funding, and establish community partnerships.
CDFI Fund Creates New Capacity Building Initiative Training for CDFI Minority Depository Institutions | RealEstateRama
Washington, DC - June 11, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) - The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) is proud to announce a Capacity Building Initiative training series designed to support Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that are also Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs), and MDIs working toward becoming certified as CDFIs. Deloitte Financial Advisory Services will provide the Preserving and Expanding CDFI Minority Depository Institutions training series with the support of relevant industry subject matter experts.. The series will address the unique challenges facing CDFI MDIs, and will build their capacity to provide community development and financial services to their target markets. As part of the series, an in-depth assessment of the needs of CDFI MDIs will form the basis of unique and customized trainings and workshops.. Minority Depository Institutions serve a vital function by providing needed financial services such as checking or savings ...
Best of aea365 week: Judah Viola on Building Capacity to Succeed as an Independent Consultant · AEA365
My name is Judah Viola and I am a Community Psychologist at National Louis University in Chicago. I also manage an independent consulting practice specializing in program evaluation and collaborative community research.. Whether boom or bust economy, it is never a bad time to build your own evaluation skills and capacity to provide value for clients. Fortunately, there is a plethora of information available about the art and science of evaluation. However, there isnt much published or taught in universities about how to build your evaluation consulting practice.. Knowing what analyses are appropriate for a particular project and how to conduct them are necessary, but you also need to be able to translate statistics or methodology into language that all stakeholders can understand and utilize for decision making. In addition, you need to know a whole host of other things such as how long the project will take and how much the evaluation is worth to the client.. Thus, for the majority of ...
Building capacities for NGO Personnel on Understanding Poverty, Social Protection and Ugandas Changing Development Context -...
This document presents the training report of Module III in a series of training on poverty and social protection understanding, policy analysis and engagement processes provided by Development Research and Training to civil society organisations in 2012.. The broad objective of the training was to build the capacity of development practitioners in the civil society sector to influence policy-making processes for pro-poor policies and programmes.. ...
Voices From The Capacity Project: Building Capacity To Save Womens Lives In Mali | IntraHealth
Health worker Berthé Aissata Touré is dedicated to helping women deliver their babies safely, but in a large country like Mali with vast rural areas, birth complications are especially risky. When we had cases of hemorrhage we referred them to the district referral center, Touré explains. Often the trip is very long and there is too much time to lose blood on the way. Even once you get there it can take a while to have blood available. Many women were lost.. Touré is among a group of auxiliary midwives called matrones who attend the majority of births in Mali. Pregnancy- and delivery-related mortality remains the primary cause of death among women of reproductive age. Although postpartum hemorrhage-the leading cause of maternal mortality-cannot be predicted, it can be avoided with appropriate measures. The World Health Organization recommends using a technique known as active management of the third stage of labor (AMTSL) to prevent excessive blood loss after delivery. AMTSL also helps ...
Infrastructure and Capacity Building Challenge Grants | National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
The mission of this Challenge Grants program is to strengthen the institutional base of the humanities by enabling infrastructure development and capacity building.
Information Assurance Capacity Building Program
The INI and CyLab will host a summer program for faculty fellows from outside colleges and universities in July. The Information Assurance Capacity Building Program is conducted at Carnegie Mellon to improve the capacity of minority-serving institutions (MSIs) to offer high quality information assurance (IA) education. The IACBP aids MSIs to develop IA curricula under advisement and with academic enrichment from Carnegie Mellon, leading to the implementation of new IA activities at the MSIs.. ...
Surgical capacity building in Uganda through twinning, technology, and training camps
Through a twinning program combining delivery of surplus equipment and training camps, capacity building was accomplished and maintained. The program not only built overall surgical capacity, it improved the efficiency and increased the complexity of operative cases performed at the National Hospita …
Real Time Capacity Building
Real Time Capacity Building- Uttarakhand (Unicef India): In June 2013, Uttarakhand witnessed large-scale flash floods and landslides, causing widespread damage to roads and bridges, leaving over thousands of pilgrims stranded, causing 822 deaths and destruction of houses and agricultural land in 5 districts of the state. Government, INGOs and local NGOs were engaged in reaching out to the affected population for responding to the situation. Harsh terrain had put major challenges for them in reaching out to the remote villages. RedR India deployed 26 members for emergency needs assessment for government of Uttarakhand. RedR India members were also deployed in support to government for response coordination. Feedback and observations of the deployed RedR members revealed the need for Real time Capacity Building (RTCB). Most of the government frontline workers of different line departments were leading the response on ground which was being coordinated by line departments at block and district ...
R&D capacity building model | Access to Medicine Index 2016
Looking closer. GSK takes a comprehensive approach to partnering with in-country research organisations to build local R&D capacity. It has a large number of local R&D partnerships, compared to other companies in scope of the Access to Medicine Index 2016. For most partnerships, it identifies specific local skills gaps and designs partnerships to target identified needs.. For example, GSK shares its employees expertise with non-profit organisations through the PULSE Volunteer Partnership. In 2015, the PULSE programme supported the Rwanda Biomedical Centre -Medical Research Centre to assess skills and infrastructure gaps and build capacity related to conducting clinical trials locally: this is an identified priority of the Rwandan Ministry of Health to encourage local R&D.. Some partnerships are also long-term, which may better support the meeting of local needs than short-term projects. For example, the company is currently collaborating with the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz) in Brazil to ...
CBA Coordinators | Capacity Building | Program Resources | HIV/AIDS | CDC
Capacity building generally refers to the skills, infrastructure, and resources of organizations and communities that are necessary to effect and maintain behavior change, thus reducing the level of risk for disease, disability, and injury.
Education & Capacity Building | National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
NNIRR actively supports education and capacity building to help forge a multiracial, multiethnic, multilingual and anti-oppression movement led by those bearing the brunt of the effects of injustice and oppression: low-income immigrant and refugee communities themselves.. Grounded in popular education methods and philosophies, NNIRR has worked to build tools and spaces to share our experiences, understand those of others, share strategies, and develop collective visions for a better world. NNIRRs popular education curriculum, BRIDGE (Building a Race & Immigration Dialogue in the Global Economy), offers a simple framework for facilitation and topics for discussion that tackle the complex and often divisive issues of race, immigration, gender, globalization and its impact on all of these, and more.. IMMIGRATION QUIZ. Since the November 2016 elections, NNIRR has received numerous requests for informational and educational tools, including purchases of our popular BRIDGE curricula. To support local ...
Capacity Building Manager - Creative Associates International, Gaziantep, Turkey or Amman, Jordan
Apply for the Capacity Building Manager Job, Creative Associates International, Gaziantep, Turkey or Amman, Jordan, Multiple Countries. International Affairs Jobs from IntJobs.com
Capacity Building Sessions with Biosafety Regulators Held in Pakistan- Crop Biotech Update (August 17, 2016) | ISAAA.org
In an event organized by the Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center (PABIC), the Federal Minister for National Food Security and Research Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan said that Pakistan has taken a number of bold steps regarding biotechnology in spite of many challenges.. The two-day event entitled Capacity Building Sessions with the Biosafety Regulators, was organized in collaboration with Pakistans Department of Agriculture, U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service in Islamabad, Pakistan, and the Pakistan Agriculture Research Council (PARC) and held at the Serena Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan on August 11-12, 2016. Biotechnology experts and regulators from other countries, including the Philippines, Malaysia, and Austria participated in the event. The Minister also led the launch of ISAAA Brief 51, 20th Anniversary (1996 to 2015) of the Global Commercialization of Biotech Crops and Biotech Crop Highlights in 2015. The Minister added that 20 years of commercialization showed that the crop ...
SERVEs Volunteer to Build Capacity Programme assigns groups of volunteers to South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Brazil, India, Thailand and the Philippines for 4-6 weeks periods each summer. These volunteers work in a variety of sectors including education, childcare, house-building, healthcare and youth work. Since 2005, SERVE has placed a total of 755 volunteers with partners in the developing world.. SERVES Volunteer to Build Capacity programme acts as a catalyst for voluntary involvement, mentoring, development education, mutual learning and establishing links and networks based on trust. SERVEs Programmes make a significant contribution to the infrastructure and service outcomes delivered by our partners. For example, there is a good representation of local community volunteers on the partners Boards - which suggests strong local ownership. It was also possible to measure the percentage of the partners workforce contributed by volunteers, through SERVEs SDP programme in 2012 - the ...
Vital Strategies continues to build capacity of TREAT TB partners through grants management webinars - TREAT TB
Since the first quarter of this year, Vital Strategies has been hosting grants management webinars for TREAT TB partners and sites. The series -expected to continue for at least the remainder of 2020 -aims to educate partners and sites on key topics related to compliance with US government regulations. Webinar attendees, which include program, accounting, and grants staff, join from around the world to improve their ability to manage USAID grants and, in the process, extend the impact of TREAT TB.. Each webinar lasts about one hour and is organized around a single grants management topic, such as time reporting or procurement. The webinars aim to both outline US government requirements, as well as provide partners and sites with an opportunity to ask questions about how those rules apply to their TREAT TB subawards. The ultimate goal of the webinars is to build the capacity of partners to receive and manage USAID-funded awards after TREAT TB ends. Upcoming topics will include USAID branding and ...
FG builds capacity of youth with disabilities | Central News Nigeria
The Wife of the President Mrs Aisha Buhari, says the Federal Government is committed to building of the capacity, visibility and knowledge of youth with disabilities to enable them to be self-reliant and productive.. Buhari, represented by Mrs Pauline Tallen, the Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, said this in Abuja at the opening of a three-day workshop on Monitoring and Life Enhancing Programme for youth living with disabilities.. In line with the discrimination against Persons with Disabilities (prohibition) Act, the Federal Government under the leadership of Muhammadu Buhari is committed to continually build the capacity, visibility and knowledge of youth with disabilities to be self- reliant and productive members of the society, she said.. Buhari said that young people living with disabilities were among the poorest and most marginalised in the society.. According to her, the UN estimates that there are between 180 million and 220 million youth with disabilities worldwide ...
Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs Announces Capacity Development Fund Winners - NextBillion
Wednesday, October 2, 2013. Six grants awarded to further strengthen and support the small and growing business ecosystem NEW YORK-October 1, 2013-The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) announced the winners of the fifth round of the ANDE Capacity Development Fund (CDF). Commenced in 2009, the fund seeks to increase the productivity and effectiveness of ANDE members, while creating tools and insights that can help the small and growing business (SGB) sector as a whole. This round awarded six grants totaling $300,000, with each winner receiving $50,000. Total funds disbursed over the past five years now reaches $2.1 million. Support for this years fund was provided by The Lemelson Foundation and MasterCard Worldwide. Proposed solutions were evaluated for their clarity; feasibility and internal capacity; and impact on small and growing businesses. This CDF round put additional emphasis on funding proposals targeting womens entrepreneurship and invention-based enterprises. The six ...
Partners | United Nations ESCAP
Capacity development is at the core of ESCAPs technical cooperation programme. To improve the impact and efficiency of our capacity development work, the secretariat has moved towards fewer, larger-scale, longer-erm and better-integrated capacity development projects.. Learn More about Capacity Development. ...
Tanzania: Farmers to Benefit From Sh2 Billion Plan
A five-year project aimed to support farmers groups in Arusha and Manyara regions to enable them to improve agricultural productivity was launched here last week with the partner organisations involved optimistic on its success. The cost of the project is euro 1,058,000, according to the communications officer with the Tanzania Horticultural Association ( Taha), Ms Adda Ngoya The official launch of Cooperation Agreement attracted four organisations which will support implementation of the project titled Strengthening Farmers Organisations for Sustainable Agricultural Development. Besides Taha, others are Trias Tanzania, Andreas Hermes Akademie (Aha), a German institution. Aha is a German farmer-based agri-agency and capacity-building institution. The programme also involves another German entity known only as DBV as well as the National Network for Farmers (Mviwata) in Arusha and Manyara regions. The agreement is aimed at building capacity to the farmers through their organisations. It will ...
Cowater International » Control of the Chagas Disease and Leishmaniasis
The Control of the Chagas Disease and Leishmaniasis (COCHALE) Project worked with Honduras Ministry of Health on key reforms and organisational capacity building efforts on this CAD$2.3 million project from 2011-2019. To improve health conditions of the rural population at risk of vector-transmitted disease, the COCHALE project focused on reforming and developing the Ministry of Healths capacity in the areas of procurement and financial management. The key activities of this project included strengthening the procurement system at the Ministry of Health, which is helping achieve greater value-for-money in its procurement processes; various procurement tools, including prequalification and standing offer processes and operational manuals, were developed; capacity building was provided to evaluation committees on evaluating bids and proposals as well as drafting Terms of Reference and technical qualifications; and manuals for the evaluation committees were also developed under this ...
Community Capacity Building | Trax Ghana
In order to build organizational, entrepreneurial and technical capacity at the grassroots, Trax Ghana supports rural farming communities through: facilitation of farmer group formation; training of community trainers; group constitution development; support for community-based organization (CBO) formation and legalization; training of Community Livestock Workers; training of Fire Volunteer Squads; and establishment and training of Sustainable…
Training & Capacity-Building Services - Harm Reduction Coalition
Harm Reduction Coalition advances policies and programs that help people address the adverse effects of drug use including overdose, HIV, hepatitis C, addiction, and incarceration.
Landscape Analysis of Donor Trends in International Development - IssueLab
Looks at donor organizations -- multilateral organizations, bilateral donors, foundations and others -- and the different capacity-building tools that they use, and the assumptions that underlie their capacity-building strategies.
Capacity-Building - Trade - UNECE
The purpose of the project was to bring the Russian and Swiss scientists to work on breeding and testing new soybean varieties resistant to disease and unfavourable climate conditions.. The project on soybeans has been designed as a scientific and practical response to the problems arising from the climate change and growing risks of food shortages.. The soybean is known for its high protein (38-45%) and oil (20%) content. The bulk of the soybean crop is grown for oil production, with the high-protein defatted and toasted soy meal used as livestock feed.. Processed soybeans are recommended for human consumption, as they represent a valuable source of complete protein, which contains significant amounts of all the essential amino acids that must be provided to the human body because of the bodys inability to synthesize them. Soy protein products can replace animal-based foods - which also have complete proteins but tend to contain more fat, especially saturated fat - without requiring ...
Institute of Applied Health Sciences | About | The University of Aberdeen
The Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS) conducts population-based research into the need for, access to, evaluation of, and delivery of healthcare. The IAHS provides staff with the support and facilities required to conduct multidisciplinary work to the highest of standards. As well as producing high quality research findings, the Institute contributes to building capacity in health service research by providing training and development opportunities for its members.. The IAHS undertakes work within the broad areas of hospital based clinical disciplines, population health, health services research and health economics. The Academic Groups, who all function under the umbrella of the IAHS, cover specialties in both clinical and non-clinical (methodological) areas of research. The majority of research within the IAHS addresses issues relevant to the clinical topics of musculoskeletal disease (including chronic pain), reproductive health, respiratory disease, urology eye disease, mental ...
Pesquisa | Portal Regional da BVS
BACKGROUND: Health research is important for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. However, there are many challenges facing health research, including securing sufficient funds, building capacity, producing research findings and using both local and global evidence, and avoiding waste. A WHO initiative addressed these challenges by developing a conceptual framework with four functions to guide the development of national health research systems. Despite some progress, more is needed before health research systems can meet their full potential of improving health systems. The WHO Regional Office for Europe commissioned an evidence synthesis of the systems-level literature. This Opinion piece considers its findings before reflecting on the vast additional literature available on the range of specific health research system functions related to the various challenges. Finally, it considers who should lead research system strengthening. MAIN TEXT: The evidence synthesis identifies ...
Planning and Public Health: Together, At Last, Again
This session will provide an overview of the American Planning Associations Plan4Health initiative, which aims to integrate planning and public health where we live, work and play. In 2015, Indiana had two coalitions funded in cohort one of the project: Healthy Communities in Columbus and Health by Design in Indianapolis. In 2017, Indiana was awarded a Planners4Health grant, to expand efforts statewide, building capacity within the APA-Indiana chapter and furthering policies, partnership and place-based programs.. First, presenters will share an overview of the activities, successes and lessons-learned through the Columbus and Indianapolis projects. The Columbus, Indiana initiative focused on increasing daily physical activity by bridging the gap between policy adoption and implementation as it relates to the built environment, with the goal of improving pedestrian access across the community. Similarly, in Indianapolis, the focus wason strategies designed to make Indianapolis/Marion County ...
Lunch seminar - Linking One Health Research and Capacity Building to Communities | One Health Sweden
He has worked for Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust that manages Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. He also worked as a veterinary extension worker for Ntungamo Local Government, working with livestock programs including Plan for Modernisation of Agriculture. He is involved in EcoHealth scientific research with major emphasis on infectious diseases at the wildlife-human-livestock interface ...
The Health Promotion Capacity Building (HPCB) Team
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
Regions Latin America and the Caribbean : CRSPs
The Feed the Future Innovation Labs for Collaborative Research are USAID and U.S. university partnerships conducting research and building capacity in agriculture and food security. The Digest Project (www.crsps.net) is implemented by Cultural Practice, LLC. The project compiles, synthesizes, and disseminates information about the Innovation Labs and former Collaborative Research Support Program (CRSP) activities and achievements to USAID staff, other US government representatives, and development practitioners, academics, and researchers worldwide.
Chronic Kidney Disease
CKD.QLD is a statewide collaborative multidisciplinary research and practice program, established in July 2009, which encompasses a CKD registry, database and practice network, with the purpose of improving CKD patient outcomes and building capacity in CKD research. The goals of CKD.QLD is to further improve health outcomes for CKD patients both in primary and specialist care, to conduct CKD epidemiological research and much needed high quality clinical trials, to identify means of early CKD detection using novel biomarkers, to assess and improve CKD models of care and hence achieve efficiencies in CKD service delivery, and to support health policy and planning for CKD and its many associated co-morbidities. ...
Work Programme | Green European Foundation
GEF promotes education and training and provides opportunities for building capacity and encouraging networking amongst Green actors across Europe. Our aim is to raise awareness among citizens about Green solutions to the challenges Europe faces, and to enhance the ability of young activists and Green actors to work on issues with a European dimension. We implement this through transnational events, such as workshops, seminars, public conferences and summer universities, organised with national Green foundations, as well as through online and face-to-face meetings.. ...
International Union of Psychological Science
... and topic-driven capacity building workshop series. In 2012, the IUPsyS is sponsoring a capacity building workshop on the Asian ... Capacity Building, Publications and Communications, and their associated Work Groups. The IUPsyS sponsors a variety of capacity ... "DEVELOPING PSYCHOLOGY AT A NATIONAL LEVEL: THE IUPsyS CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP 30 September - 1 October 2010". Newsletter of ... "International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS) call for applications to workshop on building capacity for psychological ...
Capacity building. Implementation of the Laboratory. Development of the project. Testing integrated. Guidelines. Operation The ... Capacities[clarification needed] of UNI in satellite technology through the design, analysis, assembly, integration, test, ... Additionally, Chasqui I will use the amateur radio frequency, making it possible to be accessed by an entire amateur radio ... The research project Chasqui I nanosatellite built a miniaturized satellite based on the CubeSat technology, the mass of the ...
Library of Congress Classification:Class T -- Technology
Production capacity. Manufacturing capacity 59-59.2............................................Standardization 59.5 ... Submarine building 203-380...................................Harbors and coast protective works. Coastal engineering. ... Including public buildings, dwellings 5011-5701...............................Construction by phase of the work (Building ... Including fireproof construction, concrete construction 2025-3000...............................Details in building design and ...
Safety of journalists
... such as judicial capacity building and the strengthening of monitor and prosecution mechanisms. According to data compiled by ... capacity building; academic research; and strengthening coalitions. The Organization is intensifying its efforts to strengthen ... "Journalists' Safety Research Network will increase research capacity and knowledge exchange among the community of journalism ... making journalists increasingly vulnerable to digital attacks from both state and Non-state actors. With the widespread ...
Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative
Building capacity. OPHI runs academic courses and technical training programmes on multidimensional poverty and human ... This makes it an effective monitoring tool because improvements in the dimensions measured, such as health and education, are ... OPHI aims to build and advance a more systematic methodological and economic framework for reducing multidimensional poverty, ... OPHI aims to build and advance a more systematic methodological and economic framework for reducing multidimensional poverty, ...
Rwanda Development Bank
These Products are: Investment Financing Loans; Leasing; Equity; Refinancing; Capacity Building; Advisory To bring services ... Manufacturing industry; Education and Health care; Energy and Water; Hotel and Tourism; ICT; Transport and related facilities; ... particularly tea and manufacturing, artisans and micro-enterprises. Furthermore, between 1995 and 2000, the bank underwent re- ...
Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation
The GCF currently finances REDD+ programs in phase 1 (design of national strategies or action plans, capacity building) and ... Decision 1/CP.16, paragraph 73, suggests that national capacity for implementing REDD+ is built up in phases, "beginning with ... and capacity-building, followed by the implementation of national policies and measures and national strategies or action plans ... capacity building; development of reference levels; development of a national forest monitoring system; and social and ...
United Nations Guidelines for Consumer Protection
... capacity building; and exchanges of information. The first meeting of the Intergovernmental group of experts on consumer ... The 2015 revised UNGCP are preceded by the General Assembly resolution on consumer protection 70/186, which makes specific ...
North American Plant Protection Organization
Capacity building • Communicating results • Building partnerships • Offering an effective dispute settlement mechanism • ... It was created in 1976 as a regional organization of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) of the Food and ...
2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference
Capacity-building. It reaffirms that capacity-building is essential to enable developing country parties to participate ... financing and capacity-building, aimed at achieving a deviation in emissions relative to "business as usual" emissions in 2020 ... technology and capacity-building support to these actions. Once support has been provided they are called internationally ... The Bonn talks were reported as ending in failure. The fourth round of talks in Tianjin, China, made minimal progress ...
Food and Agriculture Organization
Increasing capacity building for plant breeding in developing countries is critical for the achievement of meaningful results ... Capacity building including a leadership programme, employee rotation and a new junior professional programme were established ... Mission: To strengthen global governance and the managerial and technical capacities of members and to lead consensus-building ... The Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB) is a global partnership dedicated to increasing ...
Global U8 Consortium
Building administrative capacity. "About". Global U8 Consortium. Retrieved 23 February 2020. "Home". Global U8 Consortium. ...
Community capacity building; focusing on helping communities obtain, strengthen, and maintain the ability to set and achieve ... The methods applied in VDP/CDP are human resource and capacity building intensive, especially at the early stages. It also ... with the aim of building social capital and enhancing social outcomes through decision-making" (p. 173). Women Self-help Group ... Town-making; or machizukuri (まちづくり) refers to a Japanese concept which is "an umbrella term generally understood as citizen ...
Media Capacity Building. From 1947 to 2012, RNW Media was known as Radio Netherlands Worldwide or RNW (Dutch: Radio Nederland ... The programme also creates online spaces for visitors to share their thoughts and ask questions to experts. Currently, Love ... Citizens' Voice creates digital communities where young people can come together to voice opinions, discuss sensitive subjects ... RNW Media focuses on engaging young people and supporting them to create positive change in their societies. Using digital ...
Information and media literacy
Retrieved November 15, 2006 Lambert, L. (1998). Building Leadership Capacity. ASCD. Alexandria, Virginia 6, 23. Media Awareness ... Using the capacity tools to assess IML will allow students, staff and the community to reflect on how well students are meeting ... The IML learning capacities prepare students to be 21st century literate. According to Jeff Wilhelm (2000), "technology has ... Digital immigrants do not start pushing buttons to make things work. Learning a language is best done early in a child's ...
The project also develops tools and builds capacity in developing countries to strengthen electronic medical records, routine ... Phase II (2004-2009) included data demand and utilization (now Data Demand and Use), training and capacity building, ... MEASURE Evaluation researches health system performance; builds human capacity; and supports public health practitioners and ... implementing research and building capacity for rigorous evaluation and health information system strengthening in about 40 ...
Center for Governmental Research
Organizational capacity building. CGR also offers communities and foundations a proprietary Community Profile product that ... Organizational capacity building Fiscal distress strategy; Economic impact analysis; Fiscal impact modeling; Cost-benefit ... "CGR makes leadership changes". Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014. Official website. ...
Uganda National Health Consumers' Organisation
Institutional Capacity building. Through this program area: UNHCO's capacity to effectively increase, diversify, manage and ... In the beginning, the vision of the founders was to create an advocacy platform on which they would raise a combined voice in ... UNHCO's institutional capacity to deliver its mandate strengthened. UNHCO realizes its objectives by undertaking the following ... In executing her mandate, UNHCO employs an empowerment strategy that focuses on strengthening the capacity of local communities ...
Center for International Education
CIE focuses on building local capacity to design, develop and evaluate curricula appropriate to local interests, needs and ... Building the capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education and developing quality control mechanisms at the university level ... institutional capacity building; research and evaluation; staff training; and program planning. Many of CIE's projects involve ... the existing Professional Development Centers in 11 Universities and creating two new ones Continuing to operate and build the ...
The Colorado Health Foundation
... and Capacity Building. The Foundation makes grants through funding opportunities, a responsive grants program and rapid ... learning and capacity building. The organization's partners include nonprofits, health care leaders, policymakers, educators ... These professionals each make a three-year commitment to practice in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), rural health ... In 2013, it created and seed funded an independent 501(c)(4) advocacy organization, Healthier Colorado. President and CEO ...
"Training & Capacity Building , ALERRT". www.alerrt.global. Retrieved 15 March 2020. "Events and News". warwick.ac.uk. Retrieved ... She specialises in clinical trials research capacity building in low-resource setting, and helped to organise the trial for the ... She has led on training and capacity development programmes, including one with Palmer Masumbe Netongo, to support research ... within the African Coalition for Epidemic Research, Capacity, and Training. She also led on a collaborative project with the ...
"Military Music Training (Papua New Guinea : 17 January - 7 March, 2018) , Capacity Building Assistance , Japan Ministry of ... This band was created in 1961 at the time of the founding of the armed forces and the independence of the country. The main ... The Polish government created a Big Band as part of the band in 1982. The history of the Representative Band of the Polish ... As a result, a number of military-styled bands in Hong Kong will also make use of pipe bands, a common feature with military ...
Providing Capacity Building • Promoting Fair Trade • Respect for the Environment The diagram illustrates the lending process: ... However the creation of Shared Interest was finally made possible by the action of SIAL (Scottish Churches Action for World ... It is based around ten key principles: • Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers • Transparency and ... Shared Interest makes an advance payment on behalf of buyers to the producers The producer is able to borrow an additional ...
Human Concern International
Capacity Building Activities; Support to Disabled People Lebanon Landmines Dangers Awareness Programs; Micro-Credit and ... Capacity Building and Training Programs Indonesia Infrastructure Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Projects; Micro-enterprise ... In 1996, the Pakistani press accused HCI's Peshawar office of being made up of Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya members, who supported ... HELP has two segments, built around the needs of youth in under-privileged countries. Higher Education will target those who ...
The UAE Research Program for Rain Enhancement Science
... as well as build capacity. The three prize-awarded scientists leading the research teams that share this cycle's grant of US$5 ... Capacity Building (10%). The program had the following two cycles. The first cycle of the Program was announced on 20 January ... "Scientists are making it rain in Abu Dhabi". CNN. "Let it rain in UAE: $5m to stimulate rainfall". Emirates 24/7. February 17, ... The project, which began in July 2010 and cost US$11 million, has been successful in creating rain storms in the Dubai and Abu ...
World Summit on the Information Society
Capacity building C5. Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs C6. Enabling environment C7. ICT Applications: E- ... "There's capacity-building for countries to be able to criminalize those activities that occur within their borders...and ... Until 2010 the Forum was held in ITU building and since then it has been held in International Labour Organization building. ... Measures to promote capacity building in "developing" countries with regard to increasing "developing" country participation in ...
President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
... laboratory capacity building; surveillance; monitoring and evaluation; and public health evaluation research. Department of ... implementing workplace policies to reduce stigma and discrimination and building capacity of employers to provide support ... Although Congress made attempts to limit its impact by prohibiting "topping off" salaries and limiting funding for healthcare ... Varmus, Harold (December 1, 2013). "Making PEPFAR". Science & Diplomacy. 2 (4). "Deborah Birx Sworn In as New U.S. Global AIDS ...
Next Generation EU
... lifelong learning and capacity building (10,5 % of the budget) 8. The new care economy and employment policies (7,0% of the ... Renewable energy manufacturing capacity • Spatial planning, feasibility studies when necessary • Loan & guarantee facilities to ... "build[ing] a Green Europe, which protects our climate and our environment and which creates sustainable jobs" An overall ... Develop new technology facilitators and update our regulatory framework to make Europe a digital pioneer, make the Single ...
List of cleanest cities in India
Capacity building and eLearning • Provision of public & community toilet seats • Information, education and communication, and ... are out and Madhya Pradesh's Indore has yet again made it as India's cleanest city. Gujarat's Surat emerged as India's second ...
Please help improve it to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details. (March 2014) (Learn ... For instance, human beings seem to have an enormous capacity for memorizing and recognizing faces. One of the key goals of ... Francis Crick and Christof Koch made some attempts to formulate a consistent framework for future work in neural correlates of ... Blue Brain, a project founded by Henry Markram from the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, aims to construct a ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
"Research and innovation funding: making a real difference". European Commission. 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2018.. ... and technological excellence on a particular research topic through the durable integration of the research capacities of the ... Horizon 2020 supports Open access to research results, in order to create greater efficiency, improve transparency and ... The goal is to make as much European funded research output as possible available to all, via the OpenAIRE portal. ...
These layers were created by millennia of river-borne sediments which gradually incorporated plant and animal matter, creating ... "U.S. Refineries* Operable Capacity". Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration. July 2008.. ... built the first offshore drilling operation in Texas and the second in the United States. The company later built the Baytown ... JSW Steel's plate and pipe manufacturing facilities, and Borusan Mannesmann's $148 million steel pipe manufacturing facility. ...
Although a project was undertaken to increase the traffic-carrying capacity of the river upstream of Warsaw by building a ... 1553: By a plan made by Danzig and Elbing, a channel was dug between the Vistula and the Nogat at Weissenberg (now Biała Góra ... Salt, timber, grain, and building stone were among goods shipped via that route between the 10th and 13th centuries. ... 1613: As a result, a royal decree was issued to build a dam at Biała Góra, diverting only a third of the Vistula's water into ...
Other documentaries: Made in L.A. (2007); American Standoff (2002); The Fight in the Fields (1997); With Babies and Banners: ... Low financial and organisational capacity caused by declining membership adds to the problem of interest definition, ... Davies, A. J. To Build a New Jerusalem: Labour Movement from the 1890s to the 1990s (1996). ... The 2010 British film Made in Dagenham, starring Sally Hawkins, dramatizes the Ford sewing machinists strike of 1968 that aimed ...
Liquefied natural gas
Constructing an LNG plant costs at least $1.5 billion per 1 MTPA capacity, a receiving terminal costs $1 billion per 1 bcf/day ... Particularly when combined with lower sale prices due to large installed capacity and rising construction costs, this makes the ... The US LNG industry restarted in 1965 when a series of new plants were built in the U.S. The building continued through the ... The high cost of building large LNG facilities makes the progressive development of gas sources to maximize facility ...
Error correction code
However, the proof is not constructive, and hence gives no insight of how to build a capacity achieving code. After years of ... This can make sense in a streaming setting, where codewords are too large to be classically decoded fast enough and where only ... However, capacity achieving ECCs are usually extremely complex to implement. The most popular ECCs have a trade-off between ... For example, in the case of a satellite orbiting around Uranus, a retransmission because of decoding errors can create a delay ...
This realization has made trophic classifications more complex. Trophic dynamics. The trophic level concept was ... They were often published to make just that point. Yet recent studies have shown that food webs from a wide range of ... These polymers have a dual role as supplies of energy as well as building blocks; the part that functions as energy supply ... The Law of Conservation of Mass dates from Antoine Lavoisier's 1789 discovery that mass is neither created nor destroyed in ...
List of medical colleges in India
... these medical schools have a combined capacity to provide medical education for 63,985 students. The Medical Council of ...
Today, all newly manufactured window air conditioners and mini split air conditioners in the United States come with R-410A. ... but Honeywell continues to be the leader in capacity and sales. R-410A was successfully commercialized in the air ... In the E.U. and the U.S., virgin R-22 cannot be used in the manufacture of new air conditioning or similar units from 1 January ... In addition, the AC&R Safety Coalition has been created to help educate professionals about R-410A systems. ...
In 1324 when Edward II of England, in his capacity as Duke of Aquitaine, failed to pay homage to the French king after a ... Later, in 27 BC, during the reign of Emperor Augustus, the province of Gallia Aquitania was created. Gallia Aquitania was far ... The territory south of the Garonne River, corresponding to the original Aquitania, was made a province called Novempopulania ( ... This addition to his already plentiful holdings made Henry the most powerful vassal in France. ...
This uses a specially designed pump that creates a "head" of ice made from cider on the top of the pint. Trials were ... The Bulmers Strongbow vat is the largest alcoholic container in the world, with a capacity of 1.5 million gallons (6.8 million ... It is over 50% apple juice, making it a similar product to Magners and Stella Cidre. It also contains glucose syrup, ... It is made in Belgium at Heineken's Stassen plant. ...
Short observed that decision-making in Pol Pot's Cambodia was "unruly", making it dissimilar from the centralised, organised ... although he was an ally of China's Marxist-Leninist government and admitted Marxism-Leninism's capacity to bring swift economic ... Have you made mistakes or not? I don't know. Certainly you have. So rectify yourselves; do rectification!... The road is ... Seeking to create an agrarian socialist society that he believed would evolve into a communist society, Pol Pot's government ...
ICU capacity. *Human rights. *Legal *abortion in the U.S.. *crime *crime in Ireland ...
Maria-sama ga Miteru
"Have a Good Day Till We Meet Again" (また会う日までごきげんよう, Mata Au Hi Made Gokigen'yō). November 24, 2006. ... Andrew Shelton has suggested that Maria-sama ga Miteru's "reduced capacity for epic drama" is due to the lack of malicious ... The Yamayuri Council meet in a building called the Rose Mansion (薔薇の館, Bara no Yakata). Located within the school, it consists ... A Rose makes the important decisions within this group, since she has control over the student council. Candidates for the ...
It was created by a group of students: Fermín Bouza Brey, Xosé Filgueira Valverde, Lois Tobío Fernández, with the collaboration ... leaving Galician as a minor language with less capacity to counterbalance the influence of Spanish, the only official language ... Galician usually makes the difference according to gender and categorizes words as masculine "o rapaz" (the little boy) or ... The changes have been considered an attempt to build a consensus among major Galician philology trends and represent, in the ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
In a separate capacity, the CSA is a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (10 U.S.C. § 151) and, thereby, a military advisor to ... Under delegation of authority made by the Secretary of the Army, the CSA designates army personnel and army resources to the ...
A vein is made up of a vascular bundle. At the core of each bundle are clusters of two distinct types of conducting cells: ... increasing the capacity for gas and heat exchange, as well as photosynthesis. Strong wind forces may result in diminished leaf ... They capture the energy in sunlight and use it to make simple sugars, such as glucose and sucrose, from carbon dioxide and ... Hawthorne, William; Lawrence, Anna (2013). Plant Identification: Creating User-Friendly Field Guides for Biodiversity ...
Operational control software: provides low-level decision making, such as where to store incoming containers, and where to ... Sortation systems: similar to conveyors but typically with higher capacity and able to divert containers more quickly. ...
Researchers looking at slides of cultures of cells that make monoclonal antibodies. These are grown in a lab and the ... In September 2014, it was estimated that the countries' capacity for treating Ebola patients was insufficient by the equivalent ... However, the high rates of death in these species resulting from EBOV infection make it unlikely that these species represent a ... the fifth time such a declaration has been made by the organisation. A government spokesman said that half of the Ebola ...
Together these neurons make up an intrinsic network that is capable of being regulated by a vast range of neurotransmitters, ... The complex also contributes to integrating modulatory and sensory inputs which feed its larger network with the capacity to ... The Cellular Building Blocks of Breathing. Comprehensive Physiology 2012;2(4):2683-2731. doi:10.1002/cphy.c110033. Guyenet, PG ... The pre-Bötzinger complex is responsible for generating the wide variety of components that make up the respiratory rhythm. The ...
Re-education through labor
Profits are made through sale of the products of forced labor and through the collection of bribes received to reduce sentences ... who receive trials rather than going directly into administrative detention is determined in part by how much capacity that ... In 2014, re-education facilities were created in Xinjiang targeting a wider context than minor crime and political dissidence.[ ... nearly one-third of the known re-education camps were specifically built for the purpose of holding drug offenders. ...
Lower, Wendy (2006). Nazi Empire-Building and the Holocaust in Ukraine. Univ of North Carolina Press. p. 253. ISBN 0807876917. ... Auschwitz alone had enough capacity to fulfill the Nazis' remaining extermination needs. ... Kay, Alex J. (2016). The Making of an SS Killer. Cambridge University Press. pp. 57-62, 72. ISBN 1107146348. . The Vileyka ... Hitler made numerous predictions regarding the Holocaust of the Jews of Europe prior to the beginning of World War II. During a ...
The hide makes good quality leather and the flesh is coarse, dry and rather hard. Wildebeest meat is dried to make biltong ... Kohn, T. A.; Curry, J. W.; Noakes, T. D. (9 November 2011). "Black wildebeest skeletal muscle exhibits high oxidative capacity ... They never made such extensive migrations as the blue wildebeest, but at one time, they crossed the Drakensberg Range, moving ... flowing tail is used to make fly-whisks or chowries. ... decision making in the face of imperfect information in the ...
Bajaj L, Berman S (2011). Berman's Pediatric Decision Making. Elsevier Health Sciences. p. 572. ISBN 978-0323054058. . Archived ... Zinc's capacities to reduce inflammation and sebum production as well as inhibit C. acnes growth are its proposed mechanisms ... In 2015, acne affected approximately 633 million people globally, making it the eighth-most common disease worldwide. ... This helps prevent the accumulation of skin cells within the hair follicle that can create a blockage. They are a first-line ...
Judgments made for displays composed of around one to four items are rapid, accurate and confident. However, as the ... Trick, L.M. & Pylyshyn, Z.W. (1994). "Why are small and large numbers enumerated differently? A limited-capacity preattentive ... Dehaene, S. (1997). The number sense: How the mind creates mathematics. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195110043 ... The accuracy, speed, and confidence with which observers make judgments of the number of items are critically dependent on the ...
മിരിസ്റ്റിക് ആസിഡ് - വിക്കിപീഡിയ
"Fatty Acids used as Phase Change Materials (PCMs) for Thermal Energy Storage in Building Material Applications" (PDF) ... Specific heat capacity, C 432.01 J/mol·K Hazards Flash point , ...
The same powder is good for all wounds, and the best can be made thus. Take 9 parts of swartz win [black wine] that is the very ... The constant invocation of the wound man in surgical treatises for over 300 years shows the capacity of this image instantly to ... A further reference to the diagram is made by the character Clarice Starling in the sequel novel Hannibal. The Wound Man is ... The Wound Man from a manuscript made in Germany probably around 1420 (London, Wellcome Library MS 49) ...
... posits that tools discovered in Ethiopia and dated to 2.5 million years ago could have been made by Paranthropus boisei. A ... which displays large zygomatic arches and a cranial capacity of 510 cm³ (c. 1.7 mya). ...
Healthcare in Brazil
The Ministry of Public Health invested some US$120 million in the development of the capacity of these laboratories. In 2000, ... This has compromised patient care and created an incredible need for improvement in the emergency care system. ... With US 600 million dollars from a World Bank loan, efforts are being made to improve the operational infrastructure, training ... In the non-tertiary care centers, which make up the majority of hospitals in the country, emergency department physicians are ...
Capacity building - Wikipedia
It focuses on building capacity at an institutional level and offers a six-step process for systematic capacity building. ... Capacity building in NGOs often involves building up skills and abilities, such as decision making, policy-formulation, ... The capacity-building approach is used at many levels, including local, regional, national and international. Capacity building ... One of the most fundamental ideas associated with capacity building is the idea of building the capacities of governments in ...
Training and Capacity Building
Mentoring these students aids one of the long-term objectives of the collaboration to build local capacity in environmental ... Making an Impact. Working with the team at INSP was critical to understanding the local context and finding the right datasets ... In addition, two doctoral students at the INSP are building on our work by applying the air pollution model in their ... health and creates a new set of collaborators who may continue with this study and similar bi-national efforts - just as my ...
Tribal Capacity Building OT18-1803 | CDC
This page provides information about the tribal public health capacity building and quality improvement cooperative agreement. ... Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness & Response. *Tribal Public Health Capacity Building and ... Capacity-Building and Improvement Activities. The recipients of this cooperative agreement will work on activities to enhance ... The goal of this cooperative agreement is to focus on building tribal public health systems capacity in one or more of the ...
NIOSH Evaluation Capacity-Building Plan 2021-2025
... formatting the Capacity-Building Plan in this way will create a clear a path toward the next significant evaluation step. ... This NIOSH Evaluation Capacity-Building Plan outlines specific needs within those areas and how NIOSH will address them over ... Build a core group of translation research subject matter experts within NIOSH. (Year 4) ... Build translation research into projects by adding translation expertise to the effort. (Year 5) ...
... This page presents information on activities to develop capacity to implement the UNECE Protocol on SEA in ... Other national activities: UNDP / EnvSec project 2008-2009 SEA - Promotion and Capacity Building (including pilot SEA of the ... In 2013-2016 UNECE is implementing a several capacity building activities on SEA in Eastern Europe and Caucasus, see the pages ... Other national activities: UNDP/TACIS Project on Building capacity for Strategic Assessment and environmental conventions in ...
Building Organisational Capacity - Industry 4.0 & Beyond- #ChatsWithPurpose EP16 - YouTube
Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI: BIC) ...
This innovation capacity is intended to endure beyond the initial award. Partnerships that build the capacity to innovate are ... These strategic partnerships, which create an academe-industry collaborative culture to build innovation capacity, are in a ... BIC program aim to build innovation capacity in two key ways: 1) technological innovation capacity, by focusing on ... Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI: BIC) Program Solicitation NSF 13-587. Replaces Document(s):. ...
Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI:BIC) (nsf14610)
These strategic partnerships, which create an academe-industry collaborative culture to build innovation capacity, are in a ... BIC program aim to build innovation capacity in three key ways: 1) technological innovation capacity, by focusing on ... Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI:BIC) Program Solicitation NSF 14-610. Replaces Document(s):. NSF ... Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI:BIC) supports academe-industry partnerships, which are led by an ...
Building Capacity to Improve Data Collection in Kenya
A team of experts from the World Bank has been helping Kenya build statistical capacity by reshaping its National Bureau of ... Since 2007 a team of experts from the World Bank has been helping Kenya build statistical capacity by reshaping its National ... "Only after the government achieves specific program results does the World Bank disburse funds." This helps build capacity ... "We have created a lot of government ownership," said the current project leader Utz Johann Pape, senior economist with the ...
Capacity-Building - Trade - UNECE
Capacity-Building. Breeding new soybean varieties 2015. The purpose of the project was to bring the Russian and Swiss ... Building capacity on horticultural fresh produce quality standards and systems in Asian countries ... Building capacity in the use of UNECE Standards and interpretation of international standards ... Building capacity on horticulture fresh produce quality standards and systems in Africa ...
... is minimally effective if it happens only once or involves few people, as staff transfers and turnover create ... Capacity Building. An essential cornerstone for a new decade in rhino conservation ... The NGO challenge for the next decade is to build on outcome-based systems that are already in place, and to continue to ... An example of the success of capacity strengthening was demonstrated in recent rhino management operations in Kyle and Chivero ...
Tobacco product regulation: building laboratory testing capacity
ALSE Capacity Building | NYU Steinhardt
... and conducted an individual-level assessment of the research capacities of the Ministry Research and Evaluation Unit. ... Research Capacity Assessment Resources. The overall goal of the research capacity assessment was to identify and prioritize ... Third Executive Seminar: Capacities and Best Practices in Evaluation. This was the most recent seminar that was held in early ... This five‐day seminar was conducted in coordination with NYU Abu Dhabi in October 2013 and build on and expand the training ...
Capacity building | International Institute for Environment and Development
Workshops that build climate negotiators capacity: European Capacity Building Initiative training and support programme. As ... but current capacity building efforts need a makeover to be effective. So far, it seams that capacity building measures just ... Capacity building for climate action and ambition: what have we learned?. On 18 November, this IIED and ICCCAD webinar examined ... Building long term capacity for adaptation to climate change in Bangladesh and across the Global South ...
Amazon creates exchange for reserved cloud capacity • The Register
AWS sells compute capacity in a number of ways on the EC2 cloud. The company started out with on-demand capacity for various ... When you buy capacity on a compute cloud, the stupidest thing you can do is buy capacity under a long-term reservation contract ... Amazon creates exchange for reserved cloud capacity. Gentlemen, start your speculation engines ... meaning that making a capacity planning or cloud architecture mistake will not be so economically punishing. ...
What Works Best When Building Partner Capacity in Challenging Contexts? | RAND
This report explores what the United States can do in challenging capacity-building contexts to maximize prospects for success ... When capacity built through U.S. BPC efforts has endured rather than atrophied rapidly, an effective PN ministry has played a ... What Works Best When Building Partner Capacity in Challenging Contexts?. by Christopher Paul, Jennifer D. P. Moroney, Beth ... A Building Partner Capacity Assessment Framework: Tracking Inputs, Outputs, Outcomes, Disrupters, and Workarounds. Aug 21, 2015 ...
Building West Africa's Capacity to Access Climate Funding | Inter Press Service
Building West Africas Capacity to Access Climate Funding. By Nalisha Adams Reprint , , Print , ,En español ... Capacity building has been considered vital for African countries attempting to access investment for renewables, as a major ... adding that GGGI will provide the technical assistance for capacity building needs of the banks as well as the projects ... "That is the kind of mechanism that we think is going to be needed in countries to make sure that we accelerate the access to ...
Building capacity in perinatal services | Royal College of Psychiatrists
We have been commission to deliver the building capacity in perinatal mental health services project. Find out more and apply ... Building capacity in perinatal bursary project. Find out more about our one-year programme that trains consultant psychiatrists ... We were commissioned by NHS England and Health Education England to deliver the Building Capacity, Psychiatry Leadership in ... NHS England is working to build capacity and capability in specialist perinatal mental health services to help mothers and ...
Seeds of capacity building in Africa's agriculture - SciDev.Net
Seeds of capacity building in Africas agriculture. By Michael Malakata. Michael Malakata reports on efforts to fight hunger in ... The development is part of current efforts by African higher learning institutions to build capacity for Africa within Africa. ... The development is part of current efforts by African higher learning institutions to build capacity for Africa within Africa. ... The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is trying to address this problem. ...
Building State Capacity in Africa : New Approaches, Emerging Lessons
This book aims to share some of the lessons for the design, and implementation of public sector capacity building, emerging ... have moved forward with new-style programs to build public sector capacity. ... "The World Bank and governance : the Banks efforts to help developing countries build state capacity," Policy Research Working ... This book aims to share some of the lessons for the design, and implementation of public sector capacity building, emerging ...
Robinson Pharma®, Inc., Opens New Building in Santa Ana to Increase Manufacturing Capacity
is proud to announce the completion of a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, located ... Robinson Pharma®, Inc., Opens New Building in Santa Ana to Increase Manufacturing Capacity. ... "The constructed building will enable us to further the convenience of our worldwide clientele, and strengthen the efficacy of ... for supplement manufacturing in the United States, including a drug manufacturing license in the state of California. ...
Pegatron expanding China capacity to manufacture iPhone 6
Taiwans Pegatron is opening up new factory space and recruiting workers in China to meet orders to manufacture the new iPhone ... Pegatron expanding China capacity to manufacture iPhone 6. Published Mon, Mar 17 201411:45 PM EDT. Updated Tue, Mar 18 20141:13 ... The report also did not specify the number of units that would be manufactured at the facility in Kunshan, on the outskirts of ... How much more you will get in Social Security if you make $50,000 and delay your benefits. ...
Fonterra increasing capacity for cheese making
The Coalition for Community Schools offers Building Capacity for Community Schools, a series of monographs designed for ... This report builds on both practice and research to describe the what, why, and how of system-wide expansion of community ... In the simplest terms, capacity refers to the ability to deliver results. In states and communities across the country, ... Many more places are using components of the community school strategy, but lack the structural and functional capacities to ...
Ukraine | The capacity building online resource centre
Convening the communication and media (for) development, social and behavioural change community through a social networking and shared knowledge strategy. Focus on health, governance, HIV/AIDS, children, media development, conflict management, environment, rights, disasters, gender and other major Development issues.
Building Capacity | National Environmental Health Association: NEHA
Building Capacity. Building Capacity for Environmental Health In the interest of building capacity for the environmental health ... Building Capacity Blog. *An Introduction to Building Agency Capacity. *Analytics Build Capacity for Health Departments ... GIS Builds Capacity to Reclaim Brownfields and Respond to Public Requests. *Internet of Things Builds Capacity for Automatic ... Building Capacity Columns in the JEH We are pleased to publish this bimonthly column from Decade Software Company that will ...
Capacity Building | Break the Cycle
Food Banks Canada - Building Capacity
Building Capacity:. What is Capacity?. Keeping pace with the growing need for the services of food banks strains resources. ... We are so appreciative of the Walmart Foundation building our capacity to collect surplus food. By being able to fund staff ... These grants are supported by the Walmart Foundation to support capacity building efforts for food banks to acquire and share ... The Airdrie Food Bank recently expanded their operations majorly by building a new facility. This has increased their capacity ...
OHCHR | Report on Legal capacity and supported decision-making
OHCHR , English , Your Human Rights , Disability , SRDisabilities , Report on Legal capacity and supported decision-making ... Legal capacity and supported decision-making (2018). Sexual and reproductive rights of girls and young women with disabilities ... Suspend all new applications of substitute decision making, and create a path for persons with disabilities under such regimes ... and the availability of supported decision-making are necessary steps for making their rights a reality, providing the freedom ...
Building Regional Adaptation Capacity and Expertise (BRACE) Program
Climate Change Adaptation Capacity Building for New Brunswick Engineers. University of Moncton. This project is building the ... Building Capacity for Community Hydrologic Drought Response. Saskatchewan Water Security Agency. This project is building the ... Building Capacity of New Brunswick Woodlot Owners to Adapt to Climate Change. New Brunswick Federation of Woodlot Owners. This ... Climate Resiliency: Capacity Building for Manitoba Decision Makers. Government of Manitoba. This project is the first phase of ...
ImplementStrengthen2016ProgrammeAfricaPartnerships2019InfectiousPracticesHigh CapacityProgrammes2018PracticeOrganizationsEvaluationInstitutionalCognitiveDevelopmentOutcomesStakeholdersPreparednessInfrastructureImplementationAssessingInitiativesCentersCommunitySustainablePeople'sGapsSupportResiliencePublicCountry'sHealthActivitiesApproachMethodsContextGovernanceAssessmentLocalProjectCountriesFrameworksInterventionsPossessContentCentreProcessesExploresLeadership capacityIPhoneCriticalManagementImprovementsOrganizationalYouthsProsecutorsDecision
- Understand why review panels might provide recommendations that are beyond the capacity of NIOSH programs to implement. (cdc.gov)
- This page presents information on activities to develop capacity to implement the UNECE Protocol on SEA in countries in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia. (unece.org)
- Many more places are using components of the community school strategy, but lack the structural and functional capacities to fully implement a vision where resources are coordinated for student success. (communityschools.org)
- This project is building the capacity of foresters and forest technicians in New Brunswick to incorporate climate change adaptation in woodlot management plans, as well as the capacity of private woodlot owners to implement adaptation measures. (gc.ca)
- Any water system can implement capacity development activities to increase their TMF capacity. (epa.gov)
- For many countries, to implement these new requirements capacity-building support is vital. (wri.org)
- Some developing countries have struggled to fulfill pre-Paris Agreement transparency requirements and will need capacity-building support to implement the Paris Agreement's more stringent requirements. (wri.org)
- The lessons presented throughout the paper aim to inform capacity-building efforts in order to be more effective, integrated, and sustainable than before the Paris Agreement, and enable countries to implement the Agreement at the pace and scale required. (wri.org)
- WRI works to advance international cooperation on climate change to implement the Paris Agreement and make ambitious, equitable climate action a reality. (wri.org)
- The difference between learning a skill and being able to implement it effectively resides in your capacity to engage in deep, continuous thought about that skill. (worldcat.org)
- He is also involved in building the capacity of the county and community facilitators to implement the curriculum, and guides facilitators to prepare lesson plans. (unv.org)
- In this study, data from multiple sources were used to describe an effective TA model designed to improve the capacity of community-based organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate prevention programming. (rand.org)
- That's why IIED is working to strengthen their capacity and organisation. (iied.org)
- We are very excited about this addition to our current line-up of facilities," commented Tom Nguyen, CEO of Robinson Pharma®, Inc. "The constructed building will enable us to further the convenience of our worldwide clientele, and strengthen the efficacy of our internal operations. (prweb.com)
- Through partnerships, hundreds of community schools are aligning and integrating strategies to support students, strengthen schools, engage families and help build entire communities where learning can happen. (communityschools.org)
- PESHAWAR: The Dairy Science Park, a Turkish organisation, has announced the establishment of two technological parks in Mardan and Quetta each to build the capacity of farmers and industrial workers to help strengthen local economy. (dawn.com)
- The International Health Regulations (IHR) establish risk communication as a core capacity that member states must fulfill to strengthen the fight against these threats. (nationalacademies.org)
- Specific Objective: to strengthen the planning, leadership and management capacities of (public) health staff, specifically at decentralized local government level. (health.go.ug)
- In 2006, at the request of UNHCR, the French NGO Forum Réfugiés led two missions to help strengthen local capacity in Morocco to provide legal advice and assistance for asylum seekers and refugees. (fmreview.org)
- In 2005, the World Health Assembly adopted a revised version of its International Health Regulations , a legally binding treaty among 196 nations to boost global health security and strengthen the world's capacity to confront serious disease threats such as Ebola and SARS. (scienceblogs.com)
- In 2013-2016 UNECE is implementing a several capacity building activities on SEA in Eastern Europe and Caucasus, see the pages dedicated to Greening Economies in the Eastern Neighbourhood (EaP GREEN) programme . (unece.org)
- In the Spring of 2016, ALSE conducted an individual-level assessment of the research capacities of the MoE's Research and Evaluation Unit (R&EU). (nyu.edu)
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) was one of the forerunners in developing an understanding of community capacity building and development. (wikipedia.org)
- Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education are transnational cooperation projects, based on multilateral partnerships, primarily between higher education institutions from Programme and eligible Partner Countries . (europa.eu)
- SERVE's 'Volunteer to Build Capacity' Programme assigns groups of volunteers to South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Brazil, India, Thailand and the Philippines for 4-6 weeks periods each summer. (serve.ie)
- SERVE'S Volunteer to Build Capacity programme acts as a catalyst for voluntary involvement, mentoring, development education, mutual learning and establishing links and networks based on trust. (serve.ie)
- SERVE believes that many of the impacts of our Volunteer to Build Capacity Programme, especially in the areas of social capital, cohesion, personal development and empowerment, are immeasurable. (serve.ie)
- GIZ has therefore begun a comprehensive programme of capacity development to support the ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity in fulfilling its mandate. (giz.de)
- What may seem like increasing rising investment in renewables in West Africa is a combination of public-private partnerships and strong political will by countries to keep the commitments made in the Paris Agreement. (ipsnews.net)
- To fill the human resource gap created by brain drain, Africa employs up to 150,000 expatriate professionals at a cost of US$4 billion a year. (idrc.ca)
- Throughout four decades of Africa losing its best and brightest, the world debated the semantics of the issue and focused almost solely on remittances, overlooking the implications of brain drain on human resources, institutional capacity, and health/social services. (idrc.ca)
- SERVE supported the capacity building initiatives of the Redemptorists in Africa and Madagascar. (serve.ie)
- This lack of capacity has grave consequences as shown during the West Africa Ebola epidemic. (nationalacademies.org)
- In partnership with several African institutions, researchers at the University of Michigan are building regional research capacity in Southern Africa to address the challenges of chronic respiratory diseases associated with environmental and occupational exposures. (nih.gov)
- This program solicitation, Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI: BIC), is pursuant to program solicitation NSF 12-578, but several important changes have been made. (nsf.gov)
- Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI:BIC) supports academe-industry partnerships, which are led by an interdisciplinary academic research team collaborating with at least one industry partner to build technological, human, and service system innovation capacity. (nsf.gov)
- The objective of this seminar was to improve the capacity of partnerships to design and deliver integrated skills strategies. (oecd.org)
- Through OVW Technical Assistance grants, and other capacity building partnerships , Break the Cycle supports individuals and institutions including youth services providers, schools, government agencies, and community organizations across the country to provide the highest quality dating abuse prevention, intervention, and response services to young people. (breakthecycle.org)
- Chapter two discusses current capacity building mechanisms with community-based obesity programmes in the United Kingdom, revealing the importance of partnerships between multi-agencies involved in the process. (novapublishers.com)
- The CSIS Cooperative Defense Project conducted more than 40 individual interviews and convened a virtual private workshop with a diverse range of experts to understand the current approach to capacity building, uncover the implications of conducting these activities in hybrid environments, and illuminate recommendations for how to pursue partnerships in a principled manner. (csis.org)
- Instead, creating a better world necessitates a broader coalition of networks, people, and cross-sector partnerships. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- In 2019, the presidential and snap parliamentary elections resulted in a shift of the political environment, creating an opportunity to meaningfully advance anti-corruption reforms. (idlo.int)
- GENEVA (21 March 2019) - The Human Rights Council this morning held a general debate on technical assistance and capacity building, after hearing the presentation of reports on Afghanistan, Libya, technical assistance and capacity building programmes of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, and on the United Nations Voluntary Fund for Technical Cooperation in the Field of Human Rights. (ohchr.org)
- Building communication capacity is critical for the preparedness, detection and response to infectious disease threats. (nationalacademies.org)
- By bringing together stakeholders at different levels of outbreak detection and response, this workshop will provide a venue to review progress and needs in strengthening communication capacity for dealing with infectious disease threats, both for outbreaks and routine challenges. (nationalacademies.org)
- This collaboration also aims to translate research into evidence-based medicine and public health practice related to infectious diseases through building a translational research program in partnership with the Indian government. (nih.gov)
- For example, a mining company may consider a new construction project requiring thousands of workers and in a country that has a weak health care and public health infrastructure, limited to nonexistent capacity to detect or respond to an infectious disease outbreak, and has a high endemic disease burden. (scienceblogs.com)
- The country, however, desperately needs the mining investment but is strapped for public funds to do what is needed to advance its infectious disease capacities and preparedness planning. (scienceblogs.com)
- Medical decision-making capacity: knowledge, attitudes, and assessment practices of physicians in Switzerland. (innovations-report.com)
- The project aims to improve the ability of society to respond effectively to increases and shifts in antimicrobial resistance and enhance the capacity to undertake a transformation in practices, including toward more sustainable forms and levels of antibiotics use. (stockholmresilience.org)
- NIH will continue to promote international collaboration between investigators in the United States and scientists in other countries to conduct research, train researchers, and create a network that facilitates exchange of information and a way for scientists to share best practices, strategies and lessons learned across borders. (nih.gov)
- In Yukon communities, the influence of relational practices of health education workers living and working in their communities on enhancing community capacity should not be underestimated. (springer.com)
- In the present invention, a disk for an apparatus for storing information of super high capacity, which can be mass produced at low costs, is manufactured by forming. (google.com)
- In the present invention, a disk for an apparatus for storing information of super high capacity, which can be mass produced at low costs, is manufactured by forming a Cr layer and a magnetic layer on the seed layer, using a three-dimensional island grown particle of nm scale as the seed layer without performing E-beam lithography. (google.com)
- Built by the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) , the high-capacity power line will stretch 1,373 miles from Hami prefecture in the east through Gansu, Shaanxi, Ningxia and Shanxi before finishing in Zhengzhou, the capital of central province Henan. (inhabitat.com)
- SERVE's Programmes make a significant contribution to the infrastructure and service outcomes delivered by our partners. (serve.ie)
- What is the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of different training programmes on the Mental Capacity Act 2005 at improving practice for practitioners involved in supporting decision-making, conducting capacity assessments and making best interests decisions? (nice.org.uk)
- Entrepreneurship and innovation will be specifically targeted in our new capacity development activities and education programmes. (itc.nl)
- Georgette Gagnon, Director of the Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, was pleased to provide an overview of experiences and results in the Office's implementation of technical assistance and capacity programmes requested by States. (ohchr.org)
- The Office's technical cooperation, capacity building and advisory programmes were provided to governments, national human rights institutions and civil society through 74 human rights field presences and were grounded in evidence-gathering, research and analysis. (ohchr.org)
- 2018). Tobacco product regulation: building laboratory testing capacity. (who.int)
- On 23-24 April 2018, the Special Rapporteur on the rights of persons with disabilities and the Human Rights Commission of the International Union of Notaries organized a technical meeting on the role of the notary in upholding the right of persons with disabilities to exercise legal capacity . (ohchr.org)
- Capacity building, as a practice, tends to treat the range of skills and competencies needed as linked to the immediate task. (wikipedia.org)
- This book aims to share some of the lessons for the design, and implementation of public sector capacity building, emerging from this new generation of operational practice. (repec.org)
- Robinson Pharma®, Inc. possesses multiple third-party certifications of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) compliance from well-reputed organizations, such as NPA, NSF, and UL, for supplement manufacturing in the United States, including a drug manufacturing license in the state of California. (prweb.com)
- Its purpose is to encourage and support building systems of community schools by distilling key lessons and recommending actions based on successful practice. (communityschools.org)
- This report builds on both practice and research to describe the what, why, and how of system-wide expansion of community schools. (communityschools.org)
- Projects are delivered by organizations that are best placed to reach target audiences, using a range of approaches for building skills and expertise on climate change adaptation including specialized training, learning-by-doing, internships, and regional communities of practice. (gc.ca)
- In these pages, you'll find tools specifically made to enhance self-reflection on professional practice, including the Continuum of Self-Reflection and the Reflective Cycle. (worldcat.org)
- The guideline committee agreed that effective training and support on the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and how to apply its principles in practice is essential for practitioners working with people who may lack capacity to make a decision. (nice.org.uk)
- This chapter examines the way in which the practice of community capacity building can be understood in the context of social development generally, and within the welfare sectors of housing, health and community regeneration particularly. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- Whilst the context of community capacity building varies from one sector to another, from the entrenched power of health professionals vis-à-vis the "community" of health users to a longer history of debate within housing work, a range of common issues emerges from examining practice in these sectors. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- Further clarification of the concepts and appropriate measurement of capacity building and community capacity, particularly for rural and northern communities, may help support practice that contributes to redressing health inequities. (springer.com)
- Capacity building (or capacity development ) is the process by which individuals and organizations obtain, improve, and retain the skills, knowledge, tools, equipment, and other resources needed to do their jobs competently. (wikipedia.org)
- It allows individuals and organizations to perform at a greater capacity (larger scale, larger audience, larger impact, etc). (wikipedia.org)
- Today, "community capacity building" is included in the programs of most international organizations that work in development. (wikipedia.org)
- Many organizations may interpret community capacity building differently than others. (wikipedia.org)
- The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) , formerly the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR), defines capacity development in the DRR domain as "the process by which people, organizations and society systematically stimulate and develop their capability over time to achieve social and economic goals, including through improvement of knowledge, skills, systems, and institutions - within a wider social and cultural enabling environment. (wikipedia.org)
- CDC's Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) has awarded a new five-year cooperative agreement to 25 American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) tribal nations and regional AI/AN tribally designated organizations under the OT18-1803: Tribal Public Health Capacity Building and Quality Improvement Umbrella Cooperative Agreement external icon . (cdc.gov)
- Also presented below are links to other international organizations active in SEA capacity development in the subregion. (unece.org)
- Service systems are socio-technical configurations of people, technologies, organizations, and information designed to deliver services that create and deliver value to customers and other stakeholders by satisfying the needs, wants, and aspirations of customers while achieving positive economic, social, and environmental outcomes  . (nsf.gov)
- Service systems are socio-technical configurations of people, technologies, organizations, and information designed to deliver services that create and deliver value  . (nsf.gov)
- Our retail capacity grants are supporting food banks across Canada to help local organizations purchase equipment to expand cold chain capability to make fresh and perishable foods more accessible. (foodbankscanada.ca)
- Building Regional Adaptation Capacity and Expertise (BRACE) is a program that is increasing the ability of communities, organizations, small and medium-sized enterprises and practitioners to access, use, and apply knowledge and tools on climate change adaptation in their work. (gc.ca)
- The project is also managing an internship program providing recent graduates with professional development opportunities and building adaptation capacity within host organizations across the province. (gc.ca)
- The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres (CCACs), long-term care homes, community health centres (CHCs), community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. (ohpe.ca)
- While conventional views of capacity building have been useful to some nonprofit organizations, they don't always make clear how various activities connect to each other and the larger system, or what difference the new capacity will make when developed. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), organized two one-day workshops on February 16 and 17, 2017, in Monrovia, Liberia, to increase the capacity of the National Elections Commission (NEC) and disabled people's organizations (DPOs) on electoral inclusion of persons with disabilities. (ifes.org)
- This article is the first of its kind to provide detailed analyses of the TA delivered to community-based organizations to build substance abuse prevention capacity. (rand.org)
- The best way to build it is to let a diverse group of people and interested organizations contribute their experience and knowledge. (internetsociety.org)
- He has spent the past twenty years leading and managing international organizations and advancing the cause of poverty eradication, peace-building, and sustainable development. (internetsociety.org)
- This NIOSH Evaluation Capacity-Building Plan outlines specific needs within those areas and how NIOSH will address them over the next five years. (cdc.gov)
- Because NIOSH will transition to a learning agenda after completing these steps, formatting the Capacity-Building Plan in this way will create a clear a path toward the next significant evaluation step. (cdc.gov)
- This five‐day seminar was conducted in coordination with NYU Abu Dhabi in October 2013 and build on and expand the training that some MoE participants have already received from either the World Bank Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund (SIEF) program in New Delhi or from the International Institute of Educational Planning (IIEP) training in Paris. (nyu.edu)
- The overall goal of the research capacity assessment was to identify and prioritize areas for improving the research and evaluation skills of the Ministry of Education's Research and Evaluation Unit (R&EU) staff. (nyu.edu)
- Helping to build partner's capacity in the areas of management, finances and accounting, monitoring and evaluation, child protection etc. (serve.ie)
- The UNDP outlines that community capacity building takes place at an individual, an institutional, societal level and non-training level. (wikipedia.org)
- Other critical factors are insufficient or contradictory enabling policies, limited institutional capacity and experience, as well as immature financial systems. (ipsnews.net)
- and public institutional capital (e.g., the making and enforcement of laws). (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- The Institutional Capacity Building project In planning, leadership and management in the Uganda health sector Phase 2 (ICB II) is formulated as a follow-up of the ICB (I) project and complementary to the PNFP project. (health.go.ug)
- In addition, the cognitive capacities of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease can fluctuate considerably from day to day. (innovations-report.com)
- Cognitive Fluctuations as a Challenge for the Assessment of Decision-Making Capacity in Patients with Dementia. (innovations-report.com)
- Medical decision-making capacity in patients with mild cognitive impairment. (nih.gov)
- To empirically assess the capacity of patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment (MCI) to consent to medical treatment under different consent standards (Ss). (nih.gov)
- Patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment (MCI) demonstrate significant impairments on clinically relevant abilities associated with capacity to consent to treatment. (nih.gov)
- In obtaining informed consent, clinicians and researchers working with patients with MCI must consider the likelihood that many of these patients may have impairments in consent capacity related to their amnestic disorder and related cognitive impairments. (nih.gov)
- Capacity building" and "Capacity development" are often used interchangeably. (wikipedia.org)
- Community capacity building is a conceptual approach toward social and behavioural change and leads to infrastructure development. (wikipedia.org)
- The term community capacity building emerged, in the context of international development, during the 1990s. (wikipedia.org)
- Organizational capacity building is used by NGOs and governments to guide their internal development and activities. (wikipedia.org)
- The UNDP defines community capacity building as a long-term continual process of development that involves all stakeholders. (wikipedia.org)
- The goal of community capacity building is to tackle problems related to policy and methods of development while considering the potential limits and needs of the people concerned. (wikipedia.org)
- Individual level - This requires the development of conditions that allow individual participants to build and enhance knowledge and skills. (wikipedia.org)
- The NGO challenge for the next decade is to build on outcome-based systems that are already in place, and to continue to support management operations, personnel development and population monitoring. (savetherhino.org)
- Working with NCTC, we have developed a professional development and mentoring program to build capacity in SDM. (usgs.gov)
- 26 to 28 at a first ever regional capacity development workshop on financing NDC implementation in the energy sector. (ipsnews.net)
- In recent years, a number of African governments, sometimes working in partnership with the Bank, and other development partners, have moved forward with new-style programs to build public sector capacity. (repec.org)
- Building Knowledge Economies : Advanced Strategies for Development ," World Bank Publications , The World Bank, number 6853, December. (repec.org)
- To build your expertise in using skills profile data to set priorities for a workforce development strategy and ways to build an integrated strategy. (oecd.org)
- In the interest of building capacity for the environmental health profession, NEHA and Decade Software established a pilot, three-year co-branding agreement in 2013 to further the use, fit, and future development of IT resources, specifically software designed for the environmental health profession. (neha.org)
- What Is Capacity Development? (epa.gov)
- Capacity Development is a process for water systems to acquire and maintain adequate technical, managerial and financial (TMF) capacity. (epa.gov)
- How Can Capacity Development Help Water Systems? (epa.gov)
- Capacity development is a fundamental component of the 1996 Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) Amendments. (epa.gov)
- Every state has developed a Capacity Development Program to assist public water systems in building TMF capacity. (epa.gov)
- Small systems can especially benefit from capacity development. (epa.gov)
- I argued these policies would cost the least in the long run, foster American jobs, create new 'Googles' in the energy sector and drive development of radically low-carbon technologies. (greentechmedia.com)
- Capacity-building is an integral part of development theory and practise. (developmentbookshop.com)
- A recent study, Semantics Aside: the Role of the African Diaspora in Africa's Capacity Building Efforts , revealed emerging Diaspora efforts to assume a more active role in Africa's development. (idrc.ca)
- Rainfall is not evenly spread around the country," Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti said, adding that various steps have been taken to create additional water storages in the last two years. (ndtv.com)
- Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sanjeev Baliyan said that creation of water storage capacities cannot be done in one day and takes a few years. (ndtv.com)
- The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board has expressed its preparedness to partner with the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Bayelsa State Council, on building capacity for journalists in the state. (punchng.com)
- According to Terri MacDonald, Regional Innovation Chair in Rural Economic Development, Columbia Basin Rural Development Institute, NRC-IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor (ITA) Bruce Hardy was instrumental in helping the college to not only create a new paradigm for working with businesses, but also improve its capacity to work with companies where no other R&D support is available. (gc.ca)
- Dr Qureshi said the DSP event was held regularly since 2011 to promote research and development in livestock sector, promote food security and national exports, and create employment opportunities for youths. (dawn.com)
- Building Capcity for Development and Food Security in Malawi. (eadi.org)
- Resistance of bacteria to antibiotics, which are the building blocks of modern health systems, is on the rise and already kills hundreds of thousands every year and risks undermining human health and global development. (stockholmresilience.org)
- This book provides a road map to an effective development program, whether the goal is to revamp an existing program or build one from the ground up. (wiley.com)
- All development programs are not created equal, so it's important to have the most effective methods in place from day one. (wiley.com)
- At the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, world leaders recognized that the transitions made by countries to a green economy could make increasing contributions to sustainable development and poverty eradication through economic diversification, employment creation, export earnings, environmental protection and social equity. (un.org)
- The UNCTAD national sustainable product export reviews are aimed at filling these gaps through results-oriented capacity-building activities to assist interested developing countries in devising national strategies and action plans to advance sustainable product export development. (un.org)
- To stay stable in these new situations requires constant attention to capacity development, rather than only when something appears to have broken. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Capacity development related to the economic valuation of biodiversity and related ecosystem services. (giz.de)
- Following the core values of the UT, ITC's strategy is to expand our role as an international knowledge hub for capacity development in our fields of expertise. (itc.nl)
- We will continue to interact closely with our alumni as preferred partners in our capacity development activities. (itc.nl)
- Back then, training was just done to tick a box," recalled Mohammad Naeem Latoon, one of IDLO's legal specialists working with the Afghan Supreme Court's training department, looking back on how capacity development was implemented in Afghanistan almost a decade ago. (idlo.int)
- It focused on capacity building at MOH, regional and district level (Rwenzori and Wets Nile) and support to the Health Manpower Development Centre in Mbale. (health.go.ug)
- What kind of arguments can be made to make public health infrastructure a core component of development programs? (scienceblogs.com)
- Regarding capacity status, patients with MCI showed a progressive pattern of capacity compromise (marginally capable and incapable outcomes) related to stringency of consent standard. (nih.gov)
- A better understanding of what training and support increases compliance with the Act could improve outcomes for people who may lack capacity to make a decision. (nice.org.uk)
- Capacity building has developed as a health promotion approach that enables people to address determinants of health and to improve health outcomes. (springer.com)
- Transcripts were analyzed and interpreted for the health education workers' understanding, experience and observations of the outcomes of capacity building. (springer.com)
- Findings about capacity building are reported in relation to meaning, process, role of the health education worker and capacity-building outcomes. (springer.com)
- Governments need to create an enabling environment for investments, which means abiding by strategies and objectives defined in NDCs, designing policy incentives, strengthening the country's capacity and knowledge about clean technologies, engaging stakeholders, mobilizing the private sector, and facilitating access to international finance," Assicot says. (ipsnews.net)
- The Coalition for Community Schools offers Building Capacity for Community Schools, a series of monographs designed for Coalition members and a wide audience of stakeholders at the state and local level. (communityschools.org)
- Using the product space methodology of UNCTAD, stakeholders will identify promising sustainable product sectors for production and export and make policy recommendations aimed at creating an enabling business environment for the selected sectors. (un.org)
- He also represents UNESCO within the education cluster in the Lakes district, and liaises closely with partner stakeholders FAO and government representatives, making his role as a UN Volunteer professionally diverse and deeply rewarding. (unv.org)
- The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI) plans to have two or three manufacturing plants for each vaccine, James Robinson, a longtime biopharma executive leading CEPI'S vast manufacturing push, said in an interview. (reuters.com)
- This project is building capacity amongst engineers, planners and municipalities in Newfoundland and Labrador to help inform planning and decision‑making activities that will make infrastructure more resilient to climate change. (gc.ca)
- And so Katz's idea is to link MIGA insurance and public health capacity - MIGA would only offer insurance in countries with a decent public health infrastructure in place or in countries making sufficient progress toward such an infrastructure. (scienceblogs.com)
- Many just don't have the resources to build an adequate public health infrastructure, Katz said, and changing the MIGA standards won't make those resources automatically appear. (scienceblogs.com)
- The report also calls the UN system and all international cooperation actors to play their part towards the implementation of universal legal capacity frameworks globally, providing funding, technical capacity and general support to States. (ohchr.org)
- However, I think the far more important goals for any legislation are how we (1) develop the technology and capacity to reduce carbon emissions rapidly and radically, (2) realize our goal of economically reducing the world's emissions by 80 percent by 2050 or earlier, and (3) ensure that the U.S. leads the way in clean technology innovation and implementation. (greentechmedia.com)
- To help you deepen your thinking and reflect on your capacity as an educator, Pete Hall and Alisa Simeral return to the Continuum of Self-Reflection, which they introduced to coaches and administrators in their best-selling Building Teachers' Capacity for Success, and redesign its implementation so you can take charge of your own professional growth. (worldcat.org)
- Assessing someone's decision-making capacity is anything but trivial," says Trachsel. (innovations-report.com)
- The results, which have now been published (**), suggest that the vast majority of physicians feel they are responsible for assessing the patient's decision-making capacity. (innovations-report.com)
- Few of them are aware that various guidelines for assessing someone's decision-making capacity are already in place. (innovations-report.com)
- These innovations will soon be a reality: based on the results of the survey, the Central Ethics Committee of the Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMS) has decided to engage with the topic and elaborate principles for assessing medical decision-making capacity as of next year. (innovations-report.com)
- This new paper from the Project for Advancing Climate Transparency examines specifically how the new requirements have been enhanced, highlights the experiences of countries' related to transparency, and maps the initiatives and processes designed to support capacity building. (wri.org)
- This paper also maps international initiatives aimed at supporting climate transparency, discusses how bodies under the UNFCCC can support capacity building, and highlights upcoming UNFCCC transparency-related capacity-building decisions. (wri.org)
- Hear the World helps to build up regional audiology centers and trains local staff. (hear-the-world.com)
- Centers that participate in the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions FOCUS on a Fitter Future group have reported that demand for treatment exceeds current capacity, that the weight status of obese children has often not been addressed by primary care providers until well after the onset of obesity, and that children have not received early intervention before referral. (aappublications.org)
- Community capacity building often refers to strengthening the skills of people and communities, in small businesses and local grassroots movements, in order to achieve their goals and overcome particular issues that may cause exclusion. (wikipedia.org)
- This has increased their capacity to provide more support to their community. (foodbankscanada.ca)
- This is a significant opportunity to further build upon the momentum generated during the first two years of the initiative," said Anna Ricklin, AICP, manager of APA's Planning and Community Health Center. (planning.org)
- Chapter four examines "KEQ" (Kapazitätsentwicklung im Quartier [Capacity Building in Residential Are-as/Neighborhoods]), which is the name of a newly developed questionnaire for measuring community capacities considered relevant to health. (novapublishers.com)
- In order to meet the public's increasing demand for palliative care service provision, especially in community and residential aged care settings, we need to build the capacity of clinicians (nurses, doctors, allied health and others) to be better able to provide quality palliative care for all the Australians who need it. (caresearch.com.au)
- and (5) community systems (e.g., asset mapping, building collaborative networks). (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Community capacity building (CCB) is a fairly new term for an age-old good: enabling people to define their own destinies. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- This book presents and analyses some of the most interesting recent developments in the field of community capacity building, in a variety of OECD and non-OECD countries. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- Drawing broadly on examples from OECD member countries in the three areas of social policy identified, this chapter explores these issues including the confusing use of language, the disparate power held by statutory partners as compared to the community when negotiating over building capacity, and a range of internal and external factors which promote, or impede, community capacity building. (oecd-ilibrary.org)
- Themes that emerged indicate the ways in which health educators build on strengths, their focus on achieving an end of immediate importance within the community, and how they live in relationship with the community while undertaking capacity-building activities. (springer.com)
- With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. (worldbank.org)
- Besides protecting public health, communities that support their water systems are making long-term investments in sustainable communities and economic well-being. (epa.gov)
- In order to seize these new opportunities for inclusive and sustainable growth, developing countries need strengthened capacity to identify their production and export strengths in terms of sustainable products and to put into place the national policies, regulations and institutions needed to create an enabling environment for their production and export. (un.org)
- The reviews are a central component of the UNCTAD response to the call made in "The future we want" for capacity-building and of the Conference's 2012 Doha Mandate, which calls for capacity-building to promote sustainable consumption and production patterns. (un.org)
- Denial of legal capacity takes away people's control over their lives, from critical decisions like getting married, forming a family, choosing where to live or with whom, to all aspects of their daily routines, drastically reducing their opportunities to participate in society. (ohchr.org)
- However, aid agencies that ignore people's existing strengths may create dependency and so make people more vulnerable than before. (developmentbookshop.com)
- Many efforts have been implemented to address the gaps in communication capacity during these situations. (nationalacademies.org)
- Massachusetts has engaged in a pilot project to enhance their health information technology (IT) capacity to monitor the HIV care continuum and identify gaps in care. (ajmc.com)
- Large gaps exist in the capacity of the US medical system to participate meaningfully in childhood obesity-prevention efforts and to meet the treatment needs of obese children. (aappublications.org)
- The World Bank team designed a project around the objective to support the KNBS to generate better and more accessible data to inform policymakers and contribute to strengthening its capacity. (worldbank.org)
- Regional and country adaptation of training packages and support for training providers and the training of trainers, supported by an international Capacity-Building Help Deskvi. (who.int)
- WHO is committed to work towards making critical support mechanisms available to countries on short notice and invites partners to collaborate on this plan. (who.int)
- Such issues as changes in funding and other support and which specific entities may receive support or training can affect the overall success of building partner capacity (BPC) efforts. (rand.org)
- NHS England is working to build capacity and capability in specialist perinatal mental health services to help mothers and families get the care and mental health support they need along the perinatal pathway from preconception to postnatal care. (rcpsych.ac.uk)
- These grants are supported by the Walmart Foundation to support capacity building efforts for food banks to acquire and share more food and specifically fresh food to Canadians in need. (foodbankscanada.ca)
- Around the world, experiences of peer support, advanced directives, advocacy and other support measures are showing the way to allow persons with disabilities to make their own decisions on all aspects of their lives. (ohchr.org)
- The objective of the meeting was to raise awareness among notaries on the recognition of universal legal capacity and the support paradigm introduced by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with disabilities, so that their work would not translate into a de facto restriction of legal capacity. (ohchr.org)
- These projects are designed to support the State Department's goals of encouraging private sector growth and investment and opening markets and creating opportunities for U.S. goods and services. (scoop.co.nz)
- With the support of Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702), a $43.2B company with over 160,000 professionals in more than 100 countries, Fujitsu enables their customers to build or seamlessly migrate to fully converged networks that improve network performance and profitability. (fujitsu.com)
- You can support our work by making a gift today or exploring other ways to give. (wri.org)
- To support this new initiative, career opportunities at the college were created, including: one full-time faculty member, four co-op students and two administrative/technical support staff. (gc.ca)
- What is the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of different targeted interventions (speech and language therapy and psychological and psychosocial interventions) to support and improve decision-making capacity for treatment in specific groups? (nice.org.uk)
- Expert witness testimony highlighting the Swedish 'Personal Ombudsman' peer support scheme also suggested that further research into the use of advocacy as a means of supporting decision-making might be useful. (nice.org.uk)
- Although provision for advocacy already exists for people assessed as lacking capacity to make a decision (through an Independent Mental Capacity Advocate), this type of support could also benefit people who, although retaining capacity, may need support to make a decision. (nice.org.uk)
- High-quality mixed methods studies with a controlled effectiveness component (preferably randomised) are needed to evaluate the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of advocacy as a tool to support the decision-making of people who may need support to make a decision. (nice.org.uk)
- Studies should also include a qualitative component that explores whether advocacy as a means of support to make decisions is acceptable to people using services and valued by practitioners. (nice.org.uk)
- Support for the creation of a regional information platform on biodiversity which bundles the region's fragmented sources of information and makes them more accessible. (giz.de)
- Leadership & Management capacity and decentralized support (Execution Agreements. (health.go.ug)
- A consortium of five research partners from Sweden, Switzerland and Canada has been awarded 9 million SEK from the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR) to study the resilience and the transformative capacity of society toward the increasing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in both human health and animal production systems. (stockholmresilience.org)
- Building resilience and transformative capacity to AMR requires a collaborative, multi-sectoral, and trans-disciplinary approach. (stockholmresilience.org)
- I am glad I am helping build their capacity and resilience. (unv.org)
- These partners will work to increase the capacity of Indian Country to identify, respond to, and mitigate public health threats, improving the health, safety, and well-being of AI/AN communities. (cdc.gov)
- TMF capacity enables water systems to have the capability to consistently provide safe drinking water to the public. (epa.gov)
- By investing in communication capacity, public health and government officials would be prepared to provide advice, information and reassurance to the public once these events occur as well as to rapidly develop messages that are coordinated among all public and private sectors involved. (nationalacademies.org)
- The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. (rand.org)
- For this reason, the Internet Society and the UNESCO Regional Office has developed a capacity-building program for judges, prosecutors, public defenders, and other judicial operators in Latin America and the Caribbean. (internetsociety.org)
- How can we think creatively about incentives for countries to build the required public health capacity under international treaty obligations," Katz, an associate professor of international health at Georgetown University, told me. (scienceblogs.com)
- In other words, Katz said, the new MIGA requirements could lead countries to focus on public health capacity, which would result in a country securing MIGA assurances, which could then lead to more private investment in countries that need such investments the most. (scienceblogs.com)
- In theory, that agreement would be breached if the government failed to build or make progress toward building such public health capacity. (scienceblogs.com)
- It's about making public health and health care a core component of a country's priorities," Katz said. (scienceblogs.com)
- But she said the cost of building such public health capacity would "almost surely" be passed on to investors and built into project negotiations between countries and private business. (scienceblogs.com)
- The entire global health security agenda was built around the idea that we needed a different way to think about funding countries to build (public health) capacity," Katz told me. (scienceblogs.com)
- To build capacity, the Duke University Medical Center and New Mulago Hospital in Uganda applied a two-pronged twinning approach that placed usable surplus equipment in a developing country's National Hospital, combined with dedicated comprehensive surgical training camps. (nih.gov)
- Mentoring these students aids one of the long-term objectives of the collaboration to build local capacity in environmental health and creates a new set of collaborators who may continue with this study and similar bi-national efforts - just as my mentors in the U.S. brought me into the project. (nih.gov)
- We were commissioned by NHS England and Health Education England to deliver the Building Capacity, Psychiatry Leadership in Perinatal Mental Health Services project. (rcpsych.ac.uk)
- We are pleased to publish this bimonthly column from Decade Software Company that will provide readers with insight into the Building Capacity initiative, as well as be a conduit for fostering the capacity building of environmental health agencies across the country. (neha.org)
- Building the health policy capacity across Connecticut's health system is critical to sustaining progress and a foundation of our mission at the CT Health Policy Project. (cthealthpolicy.org)
- Result-Based-Financing (RBF) as one of the building blocks in the perspective of a national Social Health Insurance system (SHI). (health.go.ug)
- A Health Systems perspective and Systemic Capacity Building approach to improve quality of care and quality of management. (health.go.ug)
- The journal article suggests that MIGA's "Breach of Contract" language could cover a government's agreement to take "reasonable steps in meeting the (International Health Regulations) core capacities. (scienceblogs.com)
- Each APA Chapter will create a task force to oversee the project deliverables and ongoing activities. (planning.org)
- Although our lawyers have provided training courses for professionals and volunteers working with refugees, we had never before been asked to undertake capacity-building activities in another country. (fmreview.org)
- The particular importance of using a capacity-building approach in emergency situations and of the dynamic and long-term nature of the process is also emphasised. (developmentbookshop.com)
- With a clear, generalizable, systematic approach, this book provides insight into the elements of successful academic leadership and the training that makes it effective. (wiley.com)
- Focusing on a selective and principled approach to security capacity building will help identify targeted opportunities to buttress this broader, integrated campaign approach. (csis.org)
- The Company manufactures high-purity alumina, which is ideal for all types of manufacturing methods for single-crystal sapphire and offers excellent productivity in forming single-crystal sapphire and processability, at its Ehime Works (Niihama, Ehime Prefecture). (webwire.com)
- Working with the team at INSP was critical to understanding the local context and finding the right datasets as well as learning about how policy makers might use our results, so that we could work to make the greatest impact. (nih.gov)
- With the Kenya project, the World Bank made the first use of its new Program-for-Results financing instrument in the context of project supporting statistical capacity. (worldbank.org)
- The World Bank and governance : the Bank's efforts to help developing countries build state capacity ," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6275, The World Bank. (repec.org)
- Physicians show a lack of consensus when it comes to defining decision-making capacity, identifying the key assessment criteria and describing the way in which they assess someone's ability to make decisions. (innovations-report.com)
- As a senior partner in ATLAS (Academic Training, Leadership, and Assessment Services), he is currently active as a consultant to many colleges, universities, and university systems, such as the Ministry of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia, where he guides them in developing academic leadership capacity. (wiley.com)
- NICE has produced a quality standard service improvement template to help providers make an initial assessment of their service compared with a selection of quality statements. (nice.org.uk)
- By assisting our chapters, we will build capacity for healthy planning at the local level to benefit people where they live, learn, work, and play. (planning.org)
- Organisations are encouraged to use the resource impact statement for the NICE guideline on decision-making and mental capacity to help estimate local costs. (nice.org.uk)
- Together with the Global Foundation for Children with Hearing Loss the Hear the World Foundation is building local capacity. (hear-the-world.com)
- Impact and reach of the project has been measured and mapped, with approximately 280 psychiatrists trained, in some capacity, over the course of the project. (rcpsych.ac.uk)
- This project is building the capacity of professionals and recent graduates in Prince Edward Island to understand and manage adaptation in their work through the delivery of online and in-person training. (gc.ca)
- The "Building Leadership Capacity of Women in Sport in South East Asia" project aims to empower women and increase their capacity in sport through leadership and mentoring programs in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia. (gymnastics.org.au)
- The Australia-ASEAN Council-funded project - with the aim of the Council to generate opportunities for Australian business, education, science and innovation, and the arts in South East Asia - aims to increase the leadership capacity of women in sport. (gymnastics.org.au)
- The DTAPP project helped them establish the groundwork for this, create a track record and position them to move forward. (gc.ca)
- Team leader and project coordinator Esra Yurt also made a presentation about the project team, the project's content, its goals, its methodology and the expected beneficiaries. (hurriyetdailynews.com)
- For example, Katz said, imagine a business wants to build a dam in a politically instable country, but no private insurer will take on the risk that the project could be derailed by civil war or expropriation. (scienceblogs.com)
- The human capacity-building plan proposes a set of products and services supporting countries in their efforts to plan for, train and sustain the human capacity to achieve 3 by 5. (who.int)
- We have set up an exchange program with three labs in Australia that share similar interests, to build the theoretical and applied expertise in both countries. (usgs.gov)
- While the opportunities for investment in renewables "is quite substantial," African countries have lacked the capacity to access this, according to Tounkara. (ipsnews.net)
- The initiative will secure at-risk collections [of important food crops] in poor countries and document their astonishing diversity, making it available to meet the food needs of the poor,' said Cary Fowler, executive director of Global Crop Diversity Trust. (scidev.net)
- This report establishes a path towards universal legal capacity on the basis of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and other international human rights treaties, illustrated by experiences from a growing number of countries, including Costa Rica, Ireland, Kenya and Sweden. (ohchr.org)
- Neurosurgical capacity is extremely deficient in East African countries where 27 neurosurgeons serve more than 250 million people. (nih.gov)
- This program could serve as a model for twinning, capacity building, and training in other developing countries where surgical disparities are among the greatest. (nih.gov)
- Drawing on 13 case studies that illustrate countries' experiences in developing capacity for transparency, this paper highlights six key lessons to consider when building such capacity. (wri.org)
- Fogarty research training programs seek to build capacity in developing countries to improve the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. (nih.gov)
- Decisions on how NICE guidance and other products apply in those countries are made by ministers in the Welsh government, Scottish government, and Northern Ireland Executive. (nice.org.uk)
- Our mission is to develop capacity, particularly in less developed countries, and to utilize geospatial solutions to deal with national and global problems. (itc.nl)
- Promote and guarantee the access of persons with disabilities to mechanisms of supported decision making, by providing adequate funding, policy frameworks produced in consultation with persons with disabilities, and by adequately training judges, service provides and all other relevant State authorities. (ohchr.org)
- While there are many frameworks for capacity building, there is no generally accepted definition of it. (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- Evidence suggests that tailored approaches such as speech and language therapy and psychological and psychosocial interventions can lead to improvements in a person's capacity to make a decision. (nice.org.uk)
- Interventions should be designed to address the needs of those cohorts, should take into account the natural course of capacity (whether stable or fluctuating) and should be underpinned by a comprehensive understanding of the needs associated with each condition. (nice.org.uk)
- The researchers will build a database of past interventions to limit antibiotic resistance in order to understand why some interventions and responses proved successful and others less so. (stockholmresilience.org)
- The overall purpose of evaluations should be more on how interventions contributed to change and why progress was made (understanding). (health.go.ug)
- This book considers specific and practical ways in which NGO's can contribute to enabling people to build on the capacities they already possess. (developmentbookshop.com)
- Although US swimmer, Michael Phelps is rumoured to possess a lung capacity of around 12 litres, British rower and three-time Olympic gold medalist, Pete Reed, seems to hold the official honours of largest ever recorded lung capacity (11.68 litres). (worldrowing.com)
- Content created by the MIT Libraries, CC BY-NC unless otherwise noted. (mit.edu)
- In response, ASEAN has created the ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity, the purpose of which is to facilitate cooperation and coordination between the association's 10 member states. (giz.de)
- The transfer process for these manufacturing processes began in the first quarter of 2008, and is expected to be completed by the end of this year. (fujitsu.com)
- 6 Capacity building therefore embodies both tangible and intangible forms (e.g., tangible techniques and equipment, intangible motivations and processes). (nonprofitquarterly.org)
- This study explores the meaning and experience of capacity building in the Yukon. (springer.com)
- Building Academic Leadership Capacity gives institutions the knowledge they need to invest in the next generation of academic leaders. (wiley.com)
- For the institution seeking a better way to invest in the next generation of campus leaders, Building Academic Leadership Capacity is a valuable resource. (wiley.com)
- Taiwan's Pegatron , which assembles Apple 's iPhone and iPad, is opening up new factory space and recruiting workers in China to meet orders to manufacture the new iPhone 6, Commercial Times reported. (cnbc.com)
- Samsung will manufacture all CPUs and RAM (actually some of that RAM will be manufactured by another Korean company, SK Hynix) for the iPhone 6S. (gsmarena.com)
- BRACE addresses a critical barrier that is limiting action to reduce climate change impacts in Canada: knowledge and tools exist, but the capacity to use them is limited. (gc.ca)
- In an environment where a majority of customer orders require delivery in under a week, and often within 24 hours, our manufacturing facility in Richardson is critical to our competitive advantage," said Hans Roehrig, senior vice president of operations and manufacturing at Fujitsu Network Communications. (fujitsu.com)
- An example of the success of capacity strengthening was demonstrated in recent rhino management operations in Kyle and Chivero Recreational Parks. (savetherhino.org)
- This management report includes more than 650 items organized in three sections covering all aspects of quality manufacturing. (fdanews.com)
- If a MIGA guarantee premium formula over the life of the private investment could be based on rewarding a country making improvements, it would be a win-win situation. (scienceblogs.com)
- The co-branding program ties to NEHA's strategic directions of training and education as well as organizational capacity. (neha.org)
- The life skill training is integrated in the accelerated learning curriculum given to particularly to youths aimed at building the capacity and attitude to resolve conflicts and contribute to peace building. (unv.org)
- Strengthening the capacity of prosecutors, judges and lawyers in Rwanda in international criminal law is both important and timely. (idlo.int)
- Increase the inclusion of panel review recommendations in funding opportunities and decision-making at all levels of the Institute. (cdc.gov)
- A "smart" service system is a system capable of learning, dynamic adaptation, and decision making based upon data received, transmitted, and/or processed to improve its response to a future situation. (nsf.gov)
- The recognition by States of the full legal capacity of all persons with disabilities, and the availability of supported decision-making are necessary steps for making their rights a reality, providing the freedom and opportunity to lead meaningful lives, in accordance with their values and preferences. (ohchr.org)
- Suspend all new applications of substitute decision making, and create a path for persons with disabilities under such regimes to have their legal capacity restored. (ohchr.org)
- If the patient's decision-making capacity is impaired, according to current legislation the physician needs to consider a living will or consult a patient-appointed proxy. (innovations-report.com)
- For instance, someone may be regarded as capable of adequate decision-making when it comes to everyday matters such as clothes or food, but as incapable of just this in relation to a difficult medical decision. (innovations-report.com)
- But what do physicians understand by "decision-making capacity" in the first place? (innovations-report.com)
- The guideline committee agreed that further research in this area would be valuable, particularly in relation to the decision-making capacity for treatment of people with dementia, a learning disability, an acquired brain injury or a mental illness. (nice.org.uk)
- Taking account of safety, shared decision-making, choice and professional judgement, desired levels of achievement should be defined locally. (nice.org.uk)
- This quality standard has been included in the NICE Pathway on decision-making and mental capacity , which brings together everything we have said on a topic in an interactive flowchart. (nice.org.uk)