A mixture of mostly avermectin H2B1a (RN 71827-03-7) with some avermectin H2B1b (RN 70209-81-3), which are macrolides from STREPTOMYCES avermitilis. It binds glutamate-gated chloride channel to cause increased permeability and hyperpolarization of nerve and muscle cells. It also interacts with other CHLORIDE CHANNELS. It is a broad spectrum antiparasitic that is active against microfilariae of ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS but not the adult form.
Primate T-lymphotropic virus 3
A parasitic infection caused by the nematode Loa loa. The vector in the transmission of this infection is the horsefly (Tabanus) or the deerfly or mango fly (Chrysops). The larvae may be seen just beneath the skin or passing through the conjunctiva. Eye lesions are not uncommon. The disease is generally mild and painless.
Comparison of in vivo and in vitro tests of resistance in patients treated with chloroquine in Yaounde, Cameroon. (1/707)The usefulness of an isotopic in vitro assay in the field was evaluated by comparing its results with the therapeutic response determined by the simplified WHO in vivo test in symptomatic Cameroonian patients treated with chloroquine. Of the 117 enrolled patients, 102 (87%) completed the 14-day follow-up, and 95 isolates obtained from these patients (46 children, 49 adults) yielded an interpretable in vitro test. A total of 57 of 95 patients (60%; 28 children and 29 adults) had an adequate clinical response with negative smears (n = 46) or with an asymptomatic parasitaemia (n = 11) on day 7 and/or day 14. The geometric mean 50% inhibitory concentration of the isolates obtained from these patients was 63.3 nmol/l. Late and early treatment failure was observed in 29 (30.5%) and 9 (9.5%) patients, respectively. The geometric mean 50% inhibitory concentrations of the corresponding isolates were 173 nmol/l and 302 nmol/l. Among the patients responding with late and early treatment failure, five isolates and one isolate, respectively, yielded a discordant result (in vivo resistance and in vitro sensitivity). The sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of the in vitro test to detect chloroquine-sensitive cases was 67%, 84% and 86%, respectively. There was moderate concordance between the in vitro and in vivo tests (kappa value = 0.48). The in vitro assay agrees relatively well with the therapeutic response and excludes several host factors that influence the results of the in vivo test. However, in view of some discordant results, the in vitro test cannot substitute for in vivo data on therapeutic efficacy. The only reliable definition of "resistance" in malaria parasites is based on clinical and parasitological response in symptomatic patients, and the in vivo test provides the standard method to determine drug sensitivity or resistance as well as to guide national drug policies. (+info)
Standardized comparison of glucose intolerance in west African-origin populations of rural and urban Cameroon, Jamaica, and Caribbean migrants to Britain. (2/707)OBJECTIVE: To compare the prevalence of glucose intolerance in genetically similar African-origin populations within Cameroon and from Jamaica and Britain. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS: Subjects studied were from rural and urban Cameroon or from Jamaica, or were Caribbean migrants, mainly Jamaican, living in Manchester, England. Sampling bases included a local census of adults aged 25-74 years in Cameroon, districts statistically representative in Jamaica, and population registers in Manchester. African-Caribbean ethnicity required three grandparents of this ethnicity. Diabetes was defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) 1985 criteria using a 75-g oral glucose tolerance test (2-h > or = 11.1 mmol/l or hypoglycemic treatment) and by the new American Diabetes Association criteria (fasting glucose > or = 7.0 mmol/l or hypoglycemic treatment). RESULTS: For men, mean BMIs were greatest in urban Cameroon and Manchester (25-27 kg/m2); in women, these were similarly high in urban Cameroon and Jamaica and highest in Manchester (27-28 kg/m2). The age-standardized diabetes prevalence using WHO criteria was 0.8% in rural Cameroon, 2.0% in urban Cameroon, 8.5% in Jamaica, and 14.6% in Manchester, with no difference between sexes (men: 1.1%, 1.0%, 6.5%, 15.3%, women: 0.5%, 2.8%, 10.6%, 14.0%), all tests for trend P < 0.001. Impaired glucose tolerance was more frequent in Jamaica. CONCLUSIONS: The transition in glucose intolerance from Cameroon to Jamaica and Britain suggests that environment determines diabetes prevalence in these populations of similar genetic origin. (+info)
Measuring time utilization in rural health centres. (3/707)OBJECTIVES: During the recent re-design of the primary health care system in Cameroon a time-motion study was undertaken to determine how health workers at rural health centres use their time before redefining their roles. METHODS: The study developed a simple, effective and inexpensive tool which uses the activity sampling technique, and was applied to 20 health centres with a total of 19,080 observations being made of 64 health workers who represented all grades of worker in the government health services. RESULTS: The study developed a clear picture of how health centre staff apportion their time, and how the division of labour and tasks is carried out in a rural health centre. It found that only 27% of health workers' time is currently being spent on productive, health-related activities, and of this time, the largest proportion is spent on curative, clinical work. Less than 1% of health workers' time is spent on preventive and outreach activities. DISCUSSION: This study has developed a simple and inexpensive tool which can be used in any health facility to determine how health-related activities are carried out. This is an important step if changes in the delivery structure are to be made, because it establishes the discrepancy between expected and actual behaviour, and provides an important baseline for the evaluation of the effectiveness of any changes that are introduced within the system. (+info)
Dracunculiasis in Cameroon at the threshold of elimination. (4/707)BACKGROUND: Dracunculiasis is endemic in Mayo Sava Division in the Far North Province of Cameroon. Transmission occurs during the rainy season with a peak in the months of July and August. METHODS: A combination of interventions consisting of active surveillance, social mobilization, health education, distribution of filters, construction of new water sources, chemical treatment of unsafe water sources with temephos, and case containment were applied in Mayo Sava in 1990-1995 by the national Guinea Worm Elimination Programme (GWEP). Dracunculiasis cases were detected by village health workers, confirmed by health outreach teams and reported weekly to the GWEP. RESULTS: A decline in the incidence of dracunculiasis by 98.1% from 778 cases in 1990 to 15 in 1995, and in the number of endemic villages by 92.7% from 82 in 1990 to 6 in 1995 was achieved. The proportion of cases identified < or =24 hours of worm emergence increased from 19% in 1991 to 73.6% in 1993. Over 1500 nylon monofilament filters were distributed yearly to endemic villages lacking safe drinking water sources, while 81 new water sources were constructed (boreholes, wells and dikes), 55% in 1992-1993. The success of GWEP is attributed mainly to: intensive and simultaneous implementation of interventions in highly endemic villages in the first 3 years of the programme, case containment, and cash reward. CONCLUSIONS: Cameroon is on the threshold of eliminating dracunculiasis from Mayo Sava but the major remaining obstacle is the ever increasing threat of re-infestation from neighbouring countries. (+info)
An epidemic of bloody diarrhea: Escherichia coli O157 emerging in Cameroon? (5/707)Between November 1997 and April 20, 1998, bloody diarrhea sickened 298 persons in Cameroon. Laboratory investigation of the epidemic (case-fatality rate, 16.4%) documented amoebiasis in one of three patients and three types of pathogens: multidrug-resistant Shigella dysenteriae type 1, S. boydii, and enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. We report the first isolation of E. coli O157:H7 in Cameroon and the second series of cases in the Central African region. (+info)
Population biology of human onchocerciasis. (6/707)Human onchocerciasis (river blindness) is the filarial infection caused by Onchocerca volvulus and transmitted among people through the bites of the Simulium vector. Some 86 million people around the world are at risk of acquiring the nematode, with 18 million people infected and 600,000 visually impaired, half of them partially or totally blind. 99% of cases occur in tropical Africa; scattered foci exist in Latin America. Until recently control programmes, in operation since 1975, have consisted of antivectorial measures. With the introduction of ivermectin in 1988, safe and effective chemotherapy is now available. With the original Onchocerciasis Control Programme of West Africa coming to an end, both the new African Programme for Onchocerciasis Control and the Onchocerciasis Elimination Programme for the Americas, rely heavily on ivermectin self-sustained mass delivery. In consequence, the need for understanding the processes regulating parasite abundance in human and simuliid populations is of utmost importance. We present a simple mathematical framework built around recent analyses of exposure- and density-dependent processes operating, respectively, within the human and vector hosts. An expression for the basic reproductive ratio, R0, is derived and related to the minimum vector density required for parasite persistence in localities of West Africa in general and northern Cameroon in particular. Model outputs suggest that constraints acting against parasite establishment in both humans and vectors are necessary to reproduce field observations, but those in humans may not fully protect against reinfection. Analyses of host age-profiles of infection prevalence, intensity, and aggregation for increasing levels of endemicity and intensity of transmission in the Vina valley of northern Cameroon are in agreement with these results and discussed in light of novel work on onchocerciasis immunology. (+info)
Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 intergroup (M/O) recombination in cameroon. (7/707)Here we describe, for the first time, recombinants between two highly divergent major groups of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1), M and O, within a Cameroonian woman infected with three different HIV-1 strains, a group O virus, a subtype D virus, and a recently reported IBNG (A/G)-like recombinant virus. Using nested extra-long PCR amplification, we sequenced from the pol region to the env region including accessory genes of the viral genome obtained from the patient's uncultured peripheral blood mononuclear cells and examined the phylogenetic position of each gene. Compared with sequential blood samples obtained in 1995 and 1996, there were multiple segmental exchanges between three HIV-1 strains (O, D, and IBNG) and all the recombinants appeared to be derived from a common M/O ancestor. Importantly, recombination between groups M and O occurred, even though the homology between these two groups is 69, 76, 68, and 55% in the gag, pol, vif-vpr, and env regions, respectively. Recombination between strains with such distant lineages may contribute substantially to generating new HIV-1 variants. (+info)
Relationships between malaria prevalence and malaria-related morbidity in school children from two villages in central Africa. (8/707)To investigate the relationship between parasite prevalence and malaria-related morbidity, we carried out a comparative study among cohorts of school children from two villages, Dienga, Gabon, and Pouma, Cameroon, both located in malaria-endemic areas. Seven to 17 year-old children attending primary schools were similarly followed-up at each site to evaluate the frequency of malaria attacks. Follow-up involved daily temperature recording (and blood smears in the case of fever) and preparation of blood smears every two weeks. In Pouma, 186 children were followed-up for six months. In Dienga, 228 children were followed-up for nine months. The mean prevalence rate of Plasmodium falciparum infections (as assessed by the blood smears) was twice as high in Pouma compared with Dienga (45.2% versus 26.8%; P < 0.0001), whereas the monthly malaria attack rate (as assessed by the daily surveillance) was twice as high in Dienga compared with Pouma (21.5% versus 41.4%; P = 0.003). The possible implication of several parameters that may differ between the two areas, such as the malaria transmission level, the economical and social status of the inhabitants, the characteristics of infecting parasite strains, and the genetic background of the population, is discussed. (+info)
HVAC Engineering Service Douala, HVAC Duct Shop Drawings Douala, HVAC CAD Design Drafting Services Douala - Silicon Valley
HVAC Service Douala, HVAC Engineering Douala, Duct Design Douala, HVAC Design Services Douala, HVAC System Douala, HVAC Design Douala, HVAC Shop Drawings Douala, HVAC CAD Drafting Douala, HVAC Drafting Douala, HVAC System Design Douala , Residential HVAC Services Douala , HVAC Drafting Symbols Douala, HVACs Ductwork Design Douala, HVACs Design Douala, HVAC 2D CAD Drafting Douala, Duct Layout Design Douala, HVAC Load Calculation Douala, Energy Conservation HVAC Douala
Lirias: A new species of colletoecema (rubiaceae) from southern cameroon with a discussion of relationships among basal...
Colletoecema magna, a new species from the Ngovayang Massif (southern Cameroon) is described and illustrated. A comparative morphological study illustrates the similar placentation and fruit anatomy of the novelty and Colletoecema dewevrei, the only other species of the genus. Colletoecema magna essentially differs from C. dewevrei by its sessile flowers and fruits, the corolla tube that is densely hairy above the insertion point of the stamens and the anthers that are included. Further characters that separate the novelty are its larger leaves, more condensed inflorescences, and larger fruits. Its position within Colletoecema is corroborated by atpB-rbcL and rbcL chloroplast sequences. The relationships among the basal lineages of the subfamily Rubioideae, to which Colletoecema belongs, are briefly addressed. Based on Our present knowledge, a paleotropical or tropical African origin of the Rubioideae is hypothesized ...
Biya arrives Yaounde as Trump warns Cameroun
The 84 year old Cameroonian dictator is said to be under considerable pressure both at home and abroad. The UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres attempted to reach him by telephone to discuss the human rights situation in Southern Cameroons. A UN aide who spoke to us and sued for anonymity observed that Biya promised to call back but has still not done so.. In the Vatican on March 23rd, the Holy Father Pope Francis reminded Biya of the importance of national cohesion and respect for human and minority rights. Biya does not seem to take the international community seriously and has instead announced some funny steps to calm down the people of Southern Cameroons. The Cameroon Anglophone Civil Society Consortium including the Southern Cameroon Common Law Lawyers have all rejected the plans made public by the Biya Francophone Beti Ewondo regime.. By Chi Prudence Asong. ...
Southern Cameroons Crisis: How many people have to die, or what kind of people, for it to be time for UN
When Cameroons President for the past 30-plus years Paul Biya came to meet Antonio Guterres on September 22, before he went back to the Hotel Inter-Continental in Geneva, he was accompanied by his state media and… Inner City Press. Now Biya, still in Geneva, has directed his forced to use water cannons in Buea, as they shoot to kill in Belo in North-West Cameroon. Inner City Press asked the UN Resident Coordinator in Cameroon Allegra Baiocchi for her response - none yet - noted the similarity to the UNs silence in Myanmar and emailed the UNs top three spokespeople: . In light of the government crackdown on communications and unarmed civilians in North-West and South-West Cameroon, after the UNs readout of September 22 and subsequent statement of concern, this is a request for the UNs already belated response to the governments killing. How many people does the UN acknowledge have been killed? What is the UN, both the country team and the wider UN, doing? The lead spokesman has provided ...
Cancer Treatment In Douala, Cancer Treatment Hospital Cost Douala
Know the cost of Cancer Treatment in Douala. HEALGURU INDIA is associated with best Cancer Treatment Hospital in Douala and top surgeons in Douala. Book your appointment now
Weather forecast in Yaounde : Cameroon
Weather in Yaounde, Cameroon : 5 day Forecast, Temperature, humidity, rain , sun forecast for Yaounde. Monthly average weather in Yaounde through out the year. Weather widget for Yaounde, and community of people linking to Yaounde.
Viruses | Free Full-Text | The Evolution of HIV-1 Diversity in Rural Cameroon and its Implications in Vaccine Design and...
West-Central Africa is an epicenter of the HIV pandemic; endemic to Cameroon are HIV-1 viruses belonging to all (sub)subtypes and numerous Circulating Recombinant Forms (CRFs). The rural villages of Cameroon harbor many strains of HIV-1, though these areas are not as well monitored as the urban centers. In the present study, 82 specimens obtained in 2000 and 2001 from subjects living in the rural villages of the South and West Regions of Cameroon were subtyped in gag, pol, and env and compared to 90 specimens obtained in 2006-2008 in the same regions, in order to analyze HIV-1 evolution in these rural areas. It was found that in the South Region, the proportion of unique recombinant forms (URFs) remained constant (~40%), while the amount of URFs containing fragments of a CRF increased by 25%. (Sub)subtypes A1, F2, H, and K, and CRF09_cpx, identified in 2000 and 2001, were replaced by CRFs 01_AE, 13_cpx, 14_BG, and 18_cpx in 2006-2008. In the West Region, (sub)subtypes A2, C, G, and H, and CRFs 01_AE and
Molecular epidemiology of HIV type 1 CRF02 AG in Cameroon and African patients living in Italy. - Oxford Neuroscience
HIV-1 CRF02_AG accounts for |50% of infected individuals in Cameroon. CRF02_AG prevalence has been increasing both in Africa and Europe, particularly in Italy because of migrations from the sub-Saharan region. This study investigated the molecular epidemiology of CRF02_AG in Cameroon by employing Bayesian phylodynamics and analyzed the relationship between HIV-1 CRF02_AG isolates circulating in Italy and those prevalent in Africa to understand the link between the two epidemics. Among 291 Cameroonian reverse transcriptase sequences analyzed, about 70% clustered within three distinct clades, two of which shared a most recent common ancestor, all related to sequences from Western Africa. The major Cameroonian clades emerged during the mid-1970s and slowly spread during the next 30 years. Little or no geographic structure was detected within these clades. One of the major driving forces of the epidemic was likely the high accessibility between locations in Southern Cameroon contributing to the mobility of
list of mining companies in cameroon - Logistek
Featured companies. Amity International Trading Company Ltd Info Email Web Phone Bastos Yaounde Cameroon.237 74251228 Construction & Real Estate Textiles & Leather Products. Ets Tah International Info Email Phone Douala Rue 5 Akwa Construction & Real Estate Charcoal Energy. Rosemary International Info Web Phone Douala Block 6/8 Central Market Douala Douala Littoral Douala Littoral
Midfielder Arnaud Djoum of Hearts to Miss Rangers and Celtic Games for a Stint with Cameroon - Cameroon Today - Breaking News |...
The 27-year old Djoum has already accomplished 18 appearances and is a major player for the Tynecastle men.. It is also possible that he would be out for the Old Firm trials after being recruited to the African Cup of Nations team of Cameroon.. Consequently, Djoum is determined to let go of a large chunk of both the January and February games after being picked as Cameroons first 35-man squad for Cup of Nations in Gabon.. He just made early this year his international first appearance with Cameroon in a qualifying victory over Gambia - he had played previously for Belgium Under 21s.. Djoum having impressed Hugo Broos, the boss of Indomitable Lions resulted to his inclusion in the squad.. Apparently, Hearts is in a worse situation as Faycal Rherras, his team mate, is set to play with Morocco in the Cup.. Cameroon, who won the Cup in 2002, is one of the favourites for the tournament which starts on January 14.. If Cameroon passes the qualifying round, Djoum will miss the Scottish Cup at Raith ...
Cameroon Casinos and Cameroon Gambling
Cameroon casinos, cruise ships, horsetracks and dogtracks - the complete gambling landscape of Cameroon. Includes Cameroon casino details, gambling news and tweets in Cameroon, area maps, Cameroon entertainment, coupons offers...
Does Cameroon have a large eco tourism industry? | GreenAnswers
It seems as though Cameroon has a growing ecotourism industry. One of the groups helping to build popularity is the Mount Cameroon Inter Communal Eco Tourism Board. The focus of this group is grow sustainable tourism in the Mount Cameroon area. They believe that by promoting this tourism, a more sustainable lifestyle will be available to those living in the Mount Cameroon area. They offer guided hikes to the summit of the mountain as well as community activities guided by locals.. ...
World Polio Day: Cameroon ranked non-polio exporting country - Cameroon Radio Television
This notwithstanding, the Ministry of Public Health has been committed to completely eradicating the infection thanks to a UN funding that ends in 2020.. Another vaccination campaign has been launched this 24th October 2017, the International Day against Polio.. The day is being celebrated under the theme: End polio now.. The President of the National Committee of Polio experts Professor Tetanye Ekoe saluted Cameroons determination to end polio.. He said the Ministry of Health had maintain fruitful partnership with International Organizations that supply vaccines.. The vaccination campaign not only targets Cameroonian children but extends to children of Nigerian refugees residing in Cameroon.. The community is being invited to reinforce the fight against Polio for efficient result before 2020 target year.. Even though Cameroon is rated a non polio exporting country, health experts have emphasised the need to reinforce the campaign because 8% of children in the country are still ...
Impact of Rice Stem Borers and Identification of Orseolia oryzivora Harris & Gagné, 1982 (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) Biotypes in...
The study compares the impact due to rice stem borers in two sites (Yaoundé and Ntui). It also shows the diversity of the African Rice Gall Midge (AfRGM) biotypes in southern Cameroon (Santchou, Ndop, Tonga, Ebolowa, Ba?gom, Yaoundé and Ntui). The New Rice for Africa (NERICA) varieties 3, 8, 9 and 13 sown in Ntui were less attacked than those sown in Yaoundé. At both sites, damages ranged from 0.78% to 2.7%. In terms of diversity, the main stem-borer species were O. oryzivora, Diopsis apicalis, D. longiconis and Chilo zacconius. Molecular analyses of Orseolia oryzivora larvae collected in the localities of Santchou, Ndop, Tonga, Ebolowa, Ba?gom and Yaoundé showed the existence of more than one O. oryzivora biotype in southern Cameroons rice basins.
HIV-seroprevalence among pulmonary tuberculosis patients in a tertiary care hospital in Douala, Cameroon | African...
A retrospective study was carried out at Douala General Hospital, Cameroon, between July 2007 and July 2011, to determine the prevalence of HIV infection among the pulmonary tuberculosis (pTB) patients and to compare epidemiological profiles with respect to TB/HIV co-infection. The cases of all patients aged 15 years and above and diagnosed with pTB during the study period were reviewed. Sociodemographic data, sputum examination for acid-fast bacilli, previous TB-treatment status, and HIV status were recorded. The chi-square or Fishers exact tests were used to compare the proportions. The independent sample t-test was used to compare means for the quantitative data. Of the 383 pTB patients included, 56.1% were males. The mean age was 38.9 ± 13.9 years (range 15-95). The age group 25-44 years was most represented, with 55.6% of the patients, while the least represented age group was that of patients over 65 years. The mean age of the females (36.2 ± 13.6 years) was statistically lower than ...
The profile of patients with obstructive uropathy in Cameroon: case of the Douala General Hospital
INTRODUCTION: Obstructive uropathy can lead to irreversible kidney damage. The etiology largely determined by the patient s age can be benign or malignant. This study aimed at determining the profile and outcome of patients with obstructive uropathy in Cameroon. METHODS: A cross sectional study carried out in the urology unit of the Douala General Hospital, including patients with a diagnosis of obstructive uropathy seen from January 2004 to December 2013. Clinical profile, treatment and outcome data were obtained from patients records. RESULTS: Of the 229 patients included 69% were men, mean age 50 18 years. Associated comorbidities were hypertension, diabetes, and HIV. Mean haemoglobin 8,40 2,4g/dl, mean GFR 10,3 10ml/min and 94 (41%) patients needed emergency dialysis. Symptoms at presentation: asthenia (57%), anorexia (55%), loin pain (37%), vomiting (28%), oedema (20%), oliguria (33%), and anuria(15%). Urinary tract infection was present in 33 (15%) patients. Main aetiologies of obstruction:
MISTER BIG COMPLECE-SNACK, BAR, RESTAURANT, Douala, Cameroon
MISTER BIG COMPLECE SNACK, BAR, RESTAURANT SITUATION: RUE LOTTIN SAME AKWA DOUALA CAMEROON TELELPHONE: +237 75 2369 50, 75 26 04 00, 78 08 79 14. SWE-COM
Cameroon to Pay 50 mln USD in Compensation for Kribi Port Residents
The people settled around the proposed site for construction of the deep water Kribi port in Cameroon will receive a compensation valued at 24 billion FCFA (50 million U. S. dollars), according to the authorities. Project director Louis Nlend Banack on Wednesday announced that 3 billion FCFA was available to compensate the inhabitants of the first construction site. He said the commencement of the process to pay the concerned citizens will start once President Paul Biya gives it a legal backing after signing a decree. The Kribi deep water port in southern Cameroon will be constructed on a 26,000 acres piece of land. It will have an industrial complex with four terminals as well as a mineral wharf for exporting iron.. According to the construction timetable, the general excavation works are expected to begin in December. ...
Epidemiological, clinical features and susceptibility pattern of shigellosis in the buea health district, Cameroon | BMC...
Shigellosis is an acute invasive enteric infection caused by bacteria belonging to the genus Shigella; it is clinically manifested by bloody diarrhoea. Shigellosis is endemic in many developing countries including Cameroon and also occurs in epidemics causing considerable morbidity and mortality. This study evaluated the epidemiological and clinical features of Shigella and the resistance pattern of isolates to commonly used antibiotics in the Buea Health District in Cameroon, from April to August, 2010. Of the 223 stool samples cultured, 10 (4.5%) yielded Shigella species. Isolation rate was observed to be more in children below 15 years (7.89%), and also higher in rural areas (6.35%). All 10 isolates showed resistance to at least two antibiotics and 9 (90%) were multi-drug resistant. The highest resistance rates were encountered with cotrimoxazole (90%) and amoxicillin (80%). Least resistance was observed with azithromycin (10%). Shigellosis is more prevalent in children below 15 years in the Buea
Floods in northern Cameroon kill nearly 30 people, affect more than 26,000 - CNN
Flooding in Cameroons Far North Region has killed nearly 30 people and affected more than 26,000 others, officials said Monday.
Cameroon says ready to host expanded AFCON | CGTN Africa
Cameroon has said it has the capacity to host the expanded version of the Africa Cup of Nations in 2019 after changes were approved to include more teams in the next edition of the continental showpiece.. The head of Cameroons FA made the announcement following reports that the Central African nation was making slow progress in its preparation for the competition.. I spoke this morning with our countrys hierarchy and the decision is that Cameroon is ready to host, BBC reports FA chief Tombi A Roko Sidiki to say.. The expansion of AFCON was among a raft of changed overseen by Confederations of African Football (CAF) president Ahmad Ahmad at a Rabat symposium that also changed the events dates.. The tournament will now not be held in January-February as has been, but rather in June-July.. Morocco had expressed willingness to host the event should Cameroon be deemed to be unable to stage it, and Sidiki dismissed the move.. There are some countries that who would like to host this competition ...
100+ [ Map Of Cameroon ] | Gabon Map Map Of Gabon,Cameroon Political Map U2022 Mapsof Net,Northwest Cameroon Divisions U2022...
[ Map Of Cameroon ] - Political Map Of Equatorial Guinea Nations Online Project,Science Break Africa U0027s Deadly Lakes May 2009 Cseg Recorder Online,Cameroon
Volleyball: Cameroon Beats Nigeria in Quarter-Final Match
Cameroon have dashed Nigerias hopes of reaching the semi-finals at the ongoing 2021 African Senior Nations Volleyball Championship in Rwanda.. The West African team beat their neighbours 3-1 (25-19, 25-27, 25-19, 25-20) in the mens Quarter-final match at the Kigali Arena on Saturday.. Cameroon picked up the first set of the game 25-19 points before Nigeria recovered in the second set, fighting hard to win by 27-25 point. The 2019 runners-up charged out in the 3rd and 4th sets (25-19, 25-20) to book their place in the semis.. Head Coach of the Nigerian team, Usman Abdullah expressed satisfaction in the performance of his team against Cameroon.. READ ALSO: Cristiano Ronaldo Opens The Scoring On Manchester United Return Against Newcastle. Nigeria will battle for the 5th and 6th position at the Nations Championship on Monday and Abdallah said the next target is to win the classification matches.. I am happy with the performance of the team; we wanted to beat Cameroon but they were a better ...
OIPA CAMEROON CONTINUE THE VACCINATION CAMPAIGN IN THE BAFUT VILLAGE OF CAMEROON | OIPA
We are in need as well of means of transport (like used cars or motocycles) to reach rural areas.. Thanks to the Humane Society International, Worldwide Veterinary Service (WVS) and Animals Welfare Institute (AWI), they all help supporting the project.. If you cant make a donation but you want to give your contribute, you can volunteer with OIPA Cameroon in various ways. http://www.oipa.org/international/volunteering-oipacameroon/. If you want to help the stray dogs in Cameroon and OIPA volunteers donate here:. Causal: OIPA CAMEROON. [cs_services cs_service_type=modern cs_service_icon_type=icon icon=Choose Icon service_bg_imagegmn50yvrbJ=Browse service_icon_size=fa-2x cs_service_bg_color=#c7e2e2″ cs_service_postion_modern=top-left cs_service_postion_classic=left cs_service_title=CONTRIBUTE NOW] ...
Human Papillomavirus Genotypes in the High Grade Preinvasive Cervical Lesions in Yaounde (Cameroon)
The objectives of this study were to detect and determine the different genotypes of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) found in high-grade squamous preinvasive lesions of the uterine cervix of Cameroonian women. HPV genotyping was conducted on 37 endocervical secretions of women with high grade squamous intraepithelial lesions. HPV was found in 31 of the 37 women (83.8%); 9 different HPV genotypes were identified. The genotypes with high oncogenic potential were found in decreasing order of frequency as follows: 16, 18, 45, 33, 35 and 68. The frequency of strains found per patient ranged from 1 to 3. Genotypes 16 and 18 were single in 17 out of 31 patients. They were associated with other HPV genotypes in 4 out of 31 patients. In this study genotypes 16 and 18 are the most frequent genotypes encountered in high grade squamous preinvasive cervical lesions in Yaounde. This finding, if confirmed on a larger sample, portrays the potential effectiveness of HPV vaccines in the Cameroonian population as a preventive
Free photos of Douala, Cameroon | Open City Photos
Discover free photos for Douala. Images are sourced from various free-to-use photo sites and can be used in your projects hassle-free.
Hydrogeochemical modeling of organo-metallic colloids in the Nsimi experimental watershed, South Cameroon - Bioemco
This paper presents a hydrogeochemical modeling code HYDROS, which combines the multi-component transport model with equilibrium speciation module MINTEQA2. The processes of adsorption, aqueous speciation and mineral precipitation/dissolution are represented in the model. The numerical model uses a sequential iterative approach for solving the solute transport and the equilibrium geochemistry modules. Further the transport part is solved using an operator split approach wherein a finite volume method is used for solving the advective equations while a classical finite difference method is employed for solving the dispersive equations. The model performance is evaluated by comparing it with MINTOX for a literature problem. HYDROS is then applied to the case study of the transfer of transition metals with organic colloids in the swamp groundwater system of the experimental Nsimi watershed, representative of the humid tropical ecosystem of the South Cameroon Plateau. Field observations at the site swamp
Chimpanzee, Cameroon (USNM 176238) | The Smithsonian Institutions Human Origins Program
Chimpanzees are great apes and one of our closest living relatives. The Smithsonian Institutions Division of Mammals ( http://vertebrates.si.edu/mammals/ ) houses many chimpanzees in its scientific collections. This specimen, USNM 176238 ( http://collections.mnh.si.edu/search/mammals/?irn=7261540 ), is a chimpanzee ( Pan troglodytes ) from Southern Cameroon. It was collected by Karl A. Haberer.
Chimpanzee, Cameroon (USNM 176237) | The Smithsonian Institutions Human Origins Program
Chimpanzees are great apes and one of our closest living relatives. The Smithsonian Institutions Division of Mammals ( http://vertebrates.si.edu/mammals/ ) houses many chimpanzees in its scientific collections. This specimen, USNM 176237 ( http://collections.mnh.si.edu/search/mammals/?irn=7261539 ), is a chimpanzee ( Pan troglodytes ) from Southern Cameroon. It was collected by Karl A. Haberer.
Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - Moving to Cameroon with a child?
I have never worked in Cameroon, but I spent a couple of months there in 2006. Douala and Yaounde are both typical African cities: There is poverty and wealth, there is street crime, there is prostitution, there are good people and there are bad; exercise caution at night on the streets. Africa is not a cheap place to travel, and is not necessarily a cheap place to live either, though it depends on how you live. Food can be bought cheaply in markets; restaurants are not cheap. Internet connections tend to be the shits, though this might improve shortly as a cable is in the process of being laid around Africa that should improve things immensely. Telephone calls are expensive, and air travel between African countries is expensive. There are some fine beaches in Cameroon. They cut their forest down at an alarming rate, though there is still fine forest to be found. French is commonly spoken among those who are educated, and English is spoken best by the educated in the French parts of the country; ...
Cameroon and Nigeria Face Cholera Outbreak | Voice of America - English
Government figures show a cholera outbreak has killed at least 200 people in Cameroon and 40 people in neighboring Nigeria.A Nigerian official said Thursday that at least 100 people have been infected in the northern Borno state where the outbreak surfaced last week.Just across the border in northern Cameroon, officials say nearly 2,300 people have now been infected with the deadly water-borne disease since it was first detected in early May.Health officials have been deployed to the area and investigations into the outbreaks are underway.Cholera is common during the rainy season and is
H5N1: Ebola distracts from worsening Cameroon cholera outbreak
Via Reuters: Ebola distracts from worsening Cameroon cholera outbreak | World. Excerpt: A cholera epidemic in northern Cameroon has killed at least 65 people and probably infected about 1,300 people in two months, as international attention has been diverted to...
Circulation of human influenza viruses and emergence of Oseltamivir-resistant A(H1N1) viruses in Cameroon, Central Africa | BMC...
While influenza surveillance has increased in most developing countries in the last few years, little influenza surveillance has been carried out in sub-Saharan Africa and no information is available in Central Africa. The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of influenza viruses circulating in Yaounde, Cameroon and determine their antigenic and genetic characteristics. Throat and/or nasal swabs were collected from November 2007 to October 2008 from outpatients with influenza-like illness (ILI) in Yaounde, Cameroon and analyzed by two different techniques: a one-step real time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and virus isolation in MDCK cells. Typing and subtyping of virus isolates was performed by hemagglutination inhibition (HI), and viruses were sent to the WHO Collaborating Centre in London, UK for further characterization and analyses of antiviral resistance by enzyme inhibition assay and nucleotide sequencing. A total of 238 patients with ILI were sampled.
Arrival of lean season calls for scale-up of WFP operations in Cameroon | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting...
WFP is supporting the Government of Cameroon with relief assistance. In June, we launched the first part of the general food distribution, targeting more than 200,000 people directly affected by crop failure and livestock losses and who are in need immediate food assistance, said Jacques Roy, WFP Country Director of Cameroon. Maize, peas, fortified oil and salt are being provided.. The Far North region is repeatedly exposed to weather-related shocks, most recently floods in 2010 and droughts in 2009 and 2011. At the end of last year, the Government of Cameroon declared an emergency situation in the region due to a significant drop in cereal production following poor rainfall.. The ongoing lean season is aggravating malnutrition rates in a region already suffering from the cumulative effects of food insecurity, poverty and critical levels of global chronic and acute malnutrition.. In the coming months, WFP will provide targeted supplementary feeding (TSF) to treat more than 46,000 moderately ...
Cameroon and Nigeria: the Risk of Breathing | Dissident Voice
There is a long history of human rights violations by Cameroons government against its Anglophone people. Brutalized by war with Boko Haram, the Cameroon military is now engaged in low intensity warfare against militant Anglophone separatists. On May 15, 2019 for instance, Cameroons military attacked Anglophone Separatist Bamenda, burning 70 dwellings and stores in retaliation […]
Socio-environmental signatures of cholera epidemics in Douala - GRIN
Socio-environmental signatures of cholera epidemics in Douala - Cameroon and community vulnerability - Medicine - Scientific Study 2012 - ebook 8.99 € - GRIN
CamSoft Group Sarl (Yaounde, Cameroon) - Contact Phone, Address
CamSoft Group Sarl located in Yaounde, Cameroon. CamSoft Group Sarl Address, Phone number, Email, Website, Reviews, Contacts, Location. CamSoft Group Sarl business profile on BusinessList.co.cm
Iowa State University graduate student searches for plant extracts to treat devastating river blindness in Cameroon -...
Melanie Abongwa, a graduate assistant in biomedical sciences, collected plants in Cameroon that could lead to new treatments for river blindness. Photo courtesy of Melanie Abongwa. Larger image.. Melanie Abongwa, a graduate assistant in biomedical sciences in the ISU College of Veterinary Medicine who grew up in Cameroon, hopes that her research could help to alleviate the suffering caused by onchocerciasis, a disease sometimes called river blindness caused by parasitic worms. Theres no vaccine, nor is there an effective treatment to kill the adult worms that cause the disease. But Abongwa is studying a pair of plants native to Cameroon that rural residents have used to alleviate symptoms of the disease for years. Rural residents commonly turn to herbal remedies because of their limited access to modern medicine, but Abongwa said they have no scientific basis to claim how - or even if - the herbal treatments work.. They dont know what kind of dose theyre taking, what in the plants is making ...
monkeyhelpline, Author at Monkey Helpline - Page 2 of 8
AP. The nations favoured dishes are gorilla, chimpanzee or monkey because of their succulent and tender flesh.. Deep in the rainforest of south-east Cameroon, the voices of the men rang through the trees. Where are the white people? they shouted. The men, who begin to surround us, are poachers, who make their money from the illegal slaughter of gorillas and chimpanzees. They disperse but make it known that they are not keen for their activities to be reported; the trade they ply could not only wipe out critically endangered species but, scientists are now warning, could also create the next pandemic of a deadly virus in humans.. Eighty percent of the meat eaten in Cameroon is killed in the wild and is known as bushmeat. The nations favoured dishes are gorilla, chimpanzee or monkey because of their succulent and tender flesh. According to one estimate, up to 3,000 gorillas are slaughtered in southern Cameroon every year to supply an illicit but pervasive commercial demand for ape meat ...
Low hepatitis B vaccine uptake among surgical residents in Cameroon
Background: Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is one of the most serious occupational hazards faced by healthcare workers. Surgical personnel are particularly at risk. HBV infection is preventable by vaccination, but no previous study has assessed HBV vaccination coverage among healthcare workers in Cameroon. We assessed knowledge of risk factors of HBV infection, awareness of HBV vaccine, and vaccination status of surgical residents in Cameroon. Methods A structured pretested questionnaire was administered to 49 of the 70 surgical residents in Cameroon during the 2011-2012 academic year. Results Since the beginning of their residency program, 28 (57.1%) had had at least one accidental exposure to blood, with a median of 2 (range 1 to 25) exposures. Most of them had a good knowledge of risk factors for HBV infection. Although 98.0% (n = 48) were aware of the HBV vaccine, and 89.8% (n = 44) knew that they were at high risk of infection, only 24.5% (n = 12) had received a full course of at least ...
Africanews | Nigeria against pro-secessionist activities - Diplomat to Cameroon
Both Nigeria and Cameroon are battling with separatist groups, the respective governments have stressed that unity was non-negotiable. Whereas the Anglophone minority in Cameroon are protesting marginalization by the French majority which events have led to the creation of a so called Ambazonia state. Security forces continue to clampdown on their activities.. Over in Nigeria, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) group until recently were repeatedly clashing with the military. Its leader Nnamdi Kanu is still missing for over two months now. IPOB is also an independence battle of states in Nigerias southeast ...
Cameroon - Wikipedia
In 2013, the total adult literacy rate of Cameroon was estimated to be 71.3%. Among youths age 15-24 the literacy rate was 85.4% for males and 76.4% for females. Most children have access to state-run schools that are cheaper than private and religious facilities. The educational system is a mixture of British and French precedents with most instruction in English or French.. Cameroon has one of the highest school attendance rates in Africa. Girls attend school less regularly than boys do because of cultural attitudes, domestic duties, early marriage, pregnancy, and sexual harassment. Although attendance rates are higher in the south, a disproportionate number of teachers are stationed there, leaving northern schools chronically understaffed. In 2013, the primary school enrollment rate was 93.5%.. School attendance in Cameroon is also affected by child labour. Indeed, the U.S. Department of Labor Findings on the Worst Forms of Child Labor reported that 56% of ...
Beauty, Health & Well-being - Local free classified ads Cameroon
Classifieds Beauty, Health & Well-being : Search Cameroon, CM or post Free Local Classified Ads online in Cameroon, CM for Beauty, Health & Well-being and much more in Cameroon.
Solar Drying Systems for farmers in Cameroon
Imagine being a farmer having your livelyhood endangered by heavy. rainfalls and thunderstorms due to global warming (Habiba Gitay. 2002), when what you really need is sun to dry your maize, coffee or. cocoa harvest. Such is the case for the farmers in Cameroon. The high. moisture content in the air and the recurring rain present a real threat. to farming on the countryside. Engineers Without Borders hope to. act on that; bringing about this report - in which a possible solution. is presented; Solar Drying Systems (SDS). This report aims to give a. deeper insight in the current agricultural situation in Cameroon, the. definition of an SDS as well as the drying process of foodstuffs. For. the quantitave analysis to give an extensive response of the feasibility. of SDS in Cameroon, it has been divided into two parts:. • A realization of an analogue (not electricity powered) SDS with. cost, little previous knowledge of relevant construction, and comercial. viability as key factors. This is done ...
United States Exports to Cameroon | 1988-2017 | Data | Chart | Calendar
Exports to Cameroon in the United States decreased to 7.85 USD Million in January from 8.96 USD Million in December of 2016. Exports to Cameroon in the United States averaged 10.23 USD Million from 1988 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 110.10 USD Million in January of 2001 and a record low of 0.80 USD Million in January of 1990. This page includes a chart with historical data for the United States Exports to Cameroon.
Cameroons liberal autocracy | Espace dExpression du Comité de Libération des Prisonniers Politiques (CL2P)
The nature of Cameroons current Presidency is feudal. Cameroons semblance of democracy, is more accurately a liberal autocracy....Cameroons Next President: Tasks Ahead Washington D.C. March 21, 2006© Kenneth Ndeh, Correspondance Any keen observer of the politcal system in Cameroon would be concerned about what is happening in that triangle. Those involved in the occult and…
Cameroon Prayer Times, Salah, Azan Times - Al Hiwar
Cameroon prayer times, Cameroon exact prayer times for Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha azan timetable. Also Sunrise time and in Cameroon
Where is Edéa, Cameroon located? Distance, Country & Map
How far is it to Edéa and in which country is it located? Edéa is located in Cameroon (Littoral) and time zone Africa/Douala. Places nearby are Dizangué, Douala and Bonabéri.
Douala Hotel Cameroon Hotel HotelHK.com Hotel Booking Search Hotel Cheap Hotel 酒店預訂 酒店查詢 酒店優惠 自由行酒店訂房專家 世界各地特價酒店上海酒店世界各地特价酒店
Cameroon Hotel Web provide updated hotel rate and hotel reservation service Hong Kong Hotel Web provide updated hotel rate and hotel reservation service
Phylogenic analysis of human bocavirus detected in children with acute respiratory infection in Yaounde, Cameroon | BMC...
Human Bocavirus (HBoV) was first identified in 2005 and has been shown to be a common cause of respiratory infections and gastroenteritis in children. In a recent study, we found that 10.7% of children with acute respiratory infections (ARI) were infected by HBoV. Genetic characterization of this virus remains unknown in Central Africa, particularly in Cameroon Leeding us to evaluate the molecular characteristics of HBoV strains in Cameroonian children with ARI. Phylogenetic analysis of partial HBoV VP1/2 sequences showed a low level of nucleotide variation and the circulation of HBoV genotype 1 (HBoV-1) only. Three clades were obtained, two clustering with each of the reference strains ST1 and ST2, and a third group consisting of only Cameroon strains. By comparing with the Swedish reference sequences, ST1 and ST2, Cameroon sequences showed nucleotide and amino acid similarities of respectively 97.36-100% and 98.35-100%. These results could help improve strategies for monitoring and control of
An appraisal of the neglected tropical diseases control program in Cameroon: the case of the national program against...
Onchocerciasis is a severe parasitic infestation which causes disabling skin and subcutaneous tissue changes. Current global estimates suggest that it accounts for 1135.7 disability adjusted life years (DALYs) per 100,000 population. The disease is endemic in many African countries including Cameroon, probably suggesting that the current health policies are inadequate to achieve eradication of the disease. We aimed to appraise the current Onchocerciasis control program in Cameroon in the context of existing literature. We carried out a MEDLINE search via PubMed to source for articles on Onchocerciasis in Cameroon. Our appraisal of the literature suggests that Onchocerciasis poses a significant health and economic burden in Cameroon. A composite of factors contribute to the challenge of containing and eradicating Onchocerciasis in Cameroon and include: continuous transmission of the disease; non-compliance to mass drug administration; inability of health care providers (HCPs) to adequately diagnose the
Cattle Meat Production in Cameroon | Helgi Library
Cattle meat production reached 95.4 kt in 2014 in Cameroon, according to Faostat. This is 3.5 % more than in the previous year. Historically, cattle meat production in Cameroon reached an all time high of 110 kt in 2008 and an all time low of 19.9 kt in 1964. When compared to Cameroons main peers, cattle meat production in Central African Republic amounted to 96.1 kt, 98.9 kt in Chad, 1.17 kt in Gabon and 381 kt in Nigeria in 2014. Cameroon has been ranked 77th within the group of 177 countries we follow in terms of cattle meat production, 7 places behind the position seen 10 years ago. ...
Prevalence and Associated Risk Factors of Typhoid Fever in Children Attending Deo Gratias Hospital in Douala, Littoral Region...
Typhoid fever is a communicable disease transmitted by the bacteria Salmonella typhi, related to serotype paratyphi A, B and C. The disease is of a significant health concern in most developing countries especially Cameroon. Objectives: The study aimed at determining the prevalence and associated risk factors of typhoid fever in children ( 0-18 years) attending the “Deo Gratias” hospital in Douala. Method: A hospital base cross sectional study from August to September 2018 was carried out in patients’ age 0-18 years suffering from typhoid fever at the Deo gratias Catholic hospital. Widal slide agglutination test was the diagnostic test used. Positive tested patients were administered questionnaires to evaluate the level of knowledge, attitude and practice toward the disease, as well as their self-management abilities. Data obtained from respondents was analysed by descriptive statistics. One-way ANOVA and means comparison using Tukey’s test (α = 0.05) was performed to check
Heterozygous p.Asp50Asn mutation in the GJB2 gene in two Cameroonian patients with keratitis-ichthyosis-deafness (KID) syndrome...
Keratitis-Ichthyosis-Deafness (KID) syndrome (OMIM 148210) is a congenital ectodermal defect that consists of an atypical ichthyosiform erythroderma associated with congenital sensorineural deafness. KID appears to be genetically heterogeneous and most cases are caused by GJB2 mutations. Mutations in African patients have been rarely described. We report on two unrelated Cameroonian individuals affected with sporadic KID, presenting with the classic phenotypic triad. The two patients were heterozygous for the most frequent p.Asp50Asn mutation. This first report in patients from sub-Saharan African origin supports the hypothesis that the occurrence of KID due to p.Asp50Asn mutation in GJB2 seems not to be population specific. Our finding has implication in medical genetic practice, specifically in the molecular diagnosis of KID in Africans. These cases also reveal and emphasize the urgent need to develop appropriate policies to care for patients with rare/orphan diseases in Sub-Saharan Africa, as many of
Organic Cameroon BOYO Whole Bean Coffee: Buy Organic Cameroon BOYO Whole Bean Coffee Online, Read Reviews at igourmet.com
Hidden in the valleys of seemingly endless hills and volcanic peaks of Cameroon West Africa, lies a group of villages that comprise the Boyo region where BOYO Coffee was born. This is the same cultivar as Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, just grown in Cameroon. The nutrient-rich, dark, volcanic top-soil and the ideal climatic conditions of the region create the striking characteristics of BOYO. Each year, the coffee plant blossoming coincides with the first rains, which bring additional nutrients from the upper slopes of the mountains, further nourishing the plants in this critical berry development period.. As the berries start to ripen, the dry season begins, and in the brilliant sunshine the berries quickly attain an optimal sugar content-- the secret of BOYO coffees distinct flavor. BOYO coffees undergo a unique, intense, all-natural cultivating, harvesting and selection process. The organically- grown crops are grown alongside complimentary plants like avocados, plantains, cassava, beans, ...
Cameroon Mobile Code - How to call a Cameroon cell phone from Mali Republic
The mobile country code resource guide gives you the Cameroon mobile code and shows you how to call a Cameroon cell phone from Mali Republic.
Cameroon Mobile Code - How to call a Cameroon cell phone from Ghana
The mobile country code resource guide gives you the Cameroon mobile code and shows you how to call a Cameroon cell phone from Ghana.
Cameroon: Same-Sex Relations Bring Attacks, Arrests | Human Rights Watch
Douala) - Cameroonians are attacked by police, politicians, the media, and even their own communities if they are suspected of having sexual relations with a person of the same sex, four human rights organizations said in a joint report released today.. The government should take urgent action to decriminalize such consensual conduct and to ensure the full human rights of all Cameroonians, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, said Alternatives-Cameroun, lAssociation pour la défense des droits des homosexuels, Human Rights Watch, and the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission.. The 62-page report, Criminalizing Identities: Rights Abuses in Cameroon Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, details how the government uses article 347 bis of the Penal Code to deny basic rights to people perceived to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT). The report describes arrests, beatings by the police, abuses in prison, and a homophobic atmosphere that ...
Privacy International | Search
Hundreds of trucks carrying goods and humanitarian aid from Cameroons Douala sea port to Central African Republic are stranded at the border because testing kits are in short supply; under an agreement, Cameroon drivers who test negative are supposed to be granted access. Results of tests completed at local hospitals inside Cameroon are being rejected even though the CAR transport ministers assured drivers they would be honoured. CAR depends on the Douala seaport for about 95% of its goods and… ...
Book flights to Douala from Finland | Qatar Airways
Book flights to Douala from Finland with Qatar Airways and take advantage of exclusive ticket fares. Book now and experience award winning hospitality on board.
SVE - artilce 1
GEOLOGICAL FRAMEWORK OF MT. CAMEROON: The Cameroon Volcanic Line (CVL) to which belongs Mt. Cameroon is a major structure in Africa. With an extension of more than 1600 kms and trending N30 E, the CVL is formed of an alignment of volcanoes divided into tho segments: an oceanic segment (St. Helens, Pagalu, Sao Tome, Principe, Bioko) and a continental segment (Mts. Cameroon, Manengouba, Oku, etc.). The line is though to originate from various geologic processes such as: epeirogenic movements following the disruption of Gondwana, hot spot, rift in construction, etc. Out of Mt. Cameroon, major historical naturel phenomenon recorded along the live had been the release of toxic gas in lakes Monoun and Nyos that, respectively in 1984 and 1986 killed 37 and 1746 people.. THE ERUPTION : On March 28, 1999, Mount Cameroon went into eruption following a series of widely felt earth tremors. This marked the sixth eruption within this century. Two erupting sites have been identified. The first, which entered ...
Urgent Action: Activist In Need of Urgent Medical Care (Cameroon: UA 9.20) - Amnesty International USA
Your Excellency,. I am deeply concerned about the wellbeing of political activist Serge Branco Nana. Serge Branco Nana is a member of opposition party MRC. He was arrested in January 2019 in Bagangté, western Cameroon, during peaceful demonstrations. He was then held in pre-trial detention in Kondengui Prison in Yaoundé. In July, he was accused of inciting a riot that happened in the prison and was subsequently sentenced to two years in prison for mutiny.. Following the riot, Serge Branco Nana was taken to the State Secretariat for Defense (SED) where he was allegedly tortured for hours, severely beaten and his genitals electrocuted. He was then transferred to Mfou Prison, 30km from Yaoundé and more than 300km from Bagangté, with wounds and in a very deteriorated physical condition. He has since been complaining about pain in his abdomen, back and feet. Despite his complaints, he has received no medical care.. Cameroon is a party to three international treaties that prohibit torture, as ...
Non-adherence to antihypertensive pharmacotherapy in Buea, Cameroon: a cross-sectional community-based study | BMC...
Hypertension is a challenging public health problem with a huge burden in the developing countries. Non-adherence to antihypertensive treatment is a big obstacle in blood pressure (BP) control and favours disease progression to complications. Our objectives were to determine the rate of non-adherence to antihypertensive pharmacotherapy, investigate factors associated with non-adherence, and to assess the association between non-adherence and BP control in the Buea Health District (BHD), Cameroon. A community-based cross-sectional study using stratified cluster sampling was conducted in the BHD from November 2013 - March 2014. Eligible consenting adult participants had their BP measured and classified using the Joint National Committee VII criteria. The Morisky medication adherence scale was used to assess adherence to BP lowering medication. Multivariable logistic regression models were used to predict non-adherence. One hundred and eighty-three participants were recruited with mean age of 55.9 years.
The ancient tropical rainforest tree Symphonia globulifera L. f. (Clusiaceae) was not restricted to postulated Pleistocene...
Understanding the history of forests and their species demographic responses to past disturbances is important for predicting impacts of future environmental changes. Tropical rainforests of the Guineo-Congolian region in Central Africa are believed to have survived the Pleistocene glacial periods in a few major refugia, essentially centred on mountainous regions close to the Atlantic Ocean. We tested this hypothesis by investigating the phylogeographic structure of a widespread, ancient rainforest tree species, Symphonia globulifera L. f. (Clusiaceae), using plastid DNA sequences (chloroplast DNA [cpDNA], psbA-trnH intergenic spacer) and nuclear microsatellites (simple sequence repeats, SSRs). SSRs identified four gene pools located in Benin, West Cameroon, South Cameroon and Gabon, and São Tomé. This structure was also apparent at cpDNA. Approximate Bayesian Computation detected recent bottlenecks approximately dated to the last glacial maximum in Benin, West Cameroon and São
Genotypic variation in tolerance to salinity of common beans cultivated in Western Cameroon as assessed at germination and...
AbstractThis study was carried out to determine effects of salinity on germination and seedling development of commercially important common bean genotypes in Cameroon. The seeds of eight genotypes were used for both trials. The germination experiments were carried out on petri dishes in the laboratory while early growth trials continued in plastic pots in the screenhouse. Both stages were setup using a randomized complete block design with three replications. Germination and early growth trials of the different genotypes were studied using distilled water as control or osmotic potentials of 50, 100, 150 and 200mM NaCl to study the effects of salinity on germination and seedling growth characteristics. Leaf concentrations of Na+ and K+ were determined. At the germination level, germination percentage, germination index and the coefficient of velocity of germination decreased with increasing salinity while the mean germination time and time to 50% germination increased with increasing level of salt. All
Global Fund Partners Discuss Use of Financing - DJibouti News Gazette
By Brenda Y. Nchewnang-Ngassa. A two-day meeting on how to use some 22,000 Euros from the Fund to fight HIV, TB and Malaria is underway in Yaounde.. Partners in the implementation of HIV and tuberculosis control activities in Cameroon are currently having a national consultative meeting to seek ways of how to better use some 22,000 Euros (approximately FCFA 144 billion) which is part of Global Fund to fight against HIV, tuberculosis and malaria in Cameroon.. While opening discussions yesterday March 16, 2016 in Yaounde, the Secretary General of the Ministry of Public Health, Professor Sinata Koulla-Shiro urged partners to come-up with projects that will have a major impact on the health system. Bruno Clary from the Global Fund said his institution is investing some 288 US Dollas (approximately FCFA 170 billion) in the fight against HIV, Malaria and TB during the period 2015-2017 in Cameroon.. The meeting aims at ensuring that the funds are used in the best possible way to ensure positive health ...
HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders in sub-Saharan Africa: a pilot study in Cameroon | BMC Neurology | Full Text
The disease burden of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) - acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is highest in sub-Saharan Africa but there are few studies on the associated neurocognitive disorders in this region. The objectives of this study were to determine whether Western neuropsychological (NP) methods are appropriate for use in Cameroon, and to evaluate cognitive function in a sample of HIV-infected adults. We used a battery of 19 NP measures in a cross-sectional study with 44 HIV+ adults and 44 demographically matched HIV- controls, to explore the validity of these NP measures in Cameroon, and evaluate the effect of viral infection on seven cognitive ability domains. In this pilot study, the global mean z-score on the NP battery showed worse overall cognition in the HIV+ individuals. Significantly lower performance was seen in the HIV+ sample on tests of executive function, speed of information processing, working memory, and psychomotor speed. HIV+ participants with AIDS performed worse
Review of malaria situation in Cameroon: technical viewpoint on challenges and prospects for disease elimination | Parasites &...
Malaria still has a devastating impact on public health and welfare in Cameroon. Despite the increasing number of studies conducted on disease prevalence, transmission patterns or treatment, there are to date, not enough studies summarising findings from previous works in order to identify gaps in knowledge and areas of interest where further evidence is needed to drive malaria elimination efforts. The present study seeks to address these gaps by providing a review of studies conducted so far on malaria in Cameroon since the 1940s to date. Over 250 scientific publications were consulted for this purpose. Although there has been increased scale-up of vector control interventions which significantly reduced the morbidity and mortality to malaria across the country from a prevalence of 41% of the population reporting at least one malaria case episode in 2000 to a prevalence of 24% in 2017, the situation is not yet under control. There is a high variability in disease endemicity between epidemiological
Prevalence and Risk Factors of Overweight and Obesity among Children Aged 6-59 Months in Cameroon: A Multistage, Stratified...
The prevalence of overweight and obesity among children (,5 years) in Cameroon, based on weight-for-height index, has doubled between 1991 and 2006. This study aimed to determine the prevalence and risk factors of overweight and obesity among children aged 6 months to 5 years in Cameroon in 2011. Four thousand five hundred and eighteen children (2205 boys and 2313 girls) aged between 6 to 59 months were sampled in the 2011 Demographic Health Survey (DHS) database. Body Mass Index (BMI) z-scores based on WHO 2006 reference population was chosen to estimate overweight (BMI z-score , 2) and obesity (BMI for age , 3). Regressionanalyses were performed to investigate risk factors of overweight/obesity.. The prevalence of overweight and obesity was 8% (1.7% for obesity alone). Boys were more affected by overweight than girls with a prevalence of 9.7% and 6.4% respectively. The highest prevalence of overweight was observed in the Grassfield area (including people iving in West and North-West regions) ...
The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene | Genetic control of blood infection levels in human malaria: evidence...
There is now accumulating evidence for the involvement of genetic factors in the control of immune response against malaria. These arguments come from numerous animal models, from population studies showing associations of red blood cell genetic defects as well as HLA antigens with severe malaria, and from familial studies including a recent segregation analysis, which led to detection of a major gene effect predisposing to high infection levels. The heterogeneity and complexity of this genetic control is one of the main findings of these previous studies, and probably a major cause of the difficulty in developing an effective malaria vaccine. A segregation analysis of blood infection levels is performed here in 44 pedigrees living in the tropical rain forest of southern Cameroon and exposed to high vectorial transmission intensity. The results confirm the existence of complex genetic factors controlling blood infection levels in human malaria but are not consistent with the parent-offspring
Cameroon exports of salt, sulphur, earth, stone, plaster, lime and cement to Chad - 1996-2017 Data | 2021 Forecast
Cameroon exports of salt, sulphur, earth, stone, plaster, lime and cement to Chad was US$5.65 Million during 2017, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade. Cameroon exports of salt, sulphur, earth, stone, plaster, lime and cement to Chad - data, historical chart and statistics - was last updated on August of 2021.
Welcome: Give them the gift from whereever you are: gifts to Cameroon,bushfaller, bushfallers,fohmo,happysend,mobile ...
Cameroon mobile phone airtime credits and air time top ups for free. No extra service charges or rates applied. Send bundled gifts to Cameroon/Cameroun for Christmas
Archos 64 Xenon Price In Cameroon , And Full Specifications - Mobile57 Cameroon
Latest Price of Archos 64 Xenon in Cameroon 2017 and detail specs, Check the current Market Rate of 64 Xenon online before buying 64 Xenon in cm
Nkongssamba Airport Hotels | Cameroon Hotels
Maplandia.com in partnership with Booking.com offers highly competitive rates for all types of hotels near Nkongssamba Airport, Cameroon, from affordable family hotels to the most luxurious ones. Booking.com, being established in 1996, is longtime Europes leader in online hotel reservations.. At Maplandia.com you wont be charged any booking fees, cancellation fees, or administration fees - the reservation service is free of charge. The reservation system is secure and your personal information and credit card is encrypted.. We have put together also a carefully selected list of recommended hotels near Nkongssamba Airport, only hotels with the highest level of guest satisfaction are included. Many photos and unbiased hotel reviews written by real guests are provided to help you make your booking decision. Luxury hotels (including 5 star hotels and 4 star hotels) and cheap Nkongssamba Airport, Cameroon hotels (with best discount rates and up-to-date airport hotel deals) are both available in ...
Time in Cameroon - current local time, summer/winter time 2017 conversion dates
Current local time in Cameroon - check Cameroon local time, summer/winter time 2017, standard offset to GMT and time conversion dates.
China Gbm Discharge Port Cement Hopper Used in Cameroon - China Sand Blasting Hopper, Dust Trap Hopper
China Gbm Discharge Port Cement Hopper Used in Cameroon, Find details about China Sand Blasting Hopper, Dust Trap Hopper from Gbm Discharge Port Cement Hopper Used in Cameroon - SHANGHAI GUANBO MACHINERY EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.
Diabetic retinopathy at the Yaound Central Hospital in Cameroon: epidemiology and angiographic findings
We carried out a cross-sectional analytical survey using data from patients who had done Fluorescein Angiography at the Yaounde Central Hospital Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention and Management Project between October 2007 and January 2010 to identify the risk factors, incidence and severity of different types of diabetic retinopathy. Data from 239 males (57.0%) and 180 females (43.0%) with diabetic retinopathy were included. Their mean age was 58.2 years. A majority of them were living with type II diabetes (96.2%). The mean duration of diabetes was 8.2 years. About sixty percent had both diabetes and hypertension. The average level of glycated haemoglobin was 9.72% (range 6-17.7%). Amongst the 419 patients with diabetic retinopathy, 292(69.7%) had non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. One hundred and twelve (26.7%) of those with proliferative diabetic retinopathy had a formal indication for laser photocoagulation. Fifteen patients (3.6%) presented with complicated forms of proliferative diabetic
Swiss police fire water cannon, tear gas at Cameroon protesters - The Local
Swiss police fired water cannon, tear gas and stun grenades at Cameroonian protesters outside UN headquarters in Geneva Saturday as the crowd surged towards a luxury hotel hosting Cameroons president.
RRH: Rural and Remote Health. Dr Ellen M Einterz
Cameroon. Ellen Einterz is director of a district hospital and rural health service in northern Cameroon and is interested in all aspects of health and healthcare in poor, rural areas of developing countries. Previous research has focused on trachoma, snakebites, malaria, use and abuse of international aid, infant feeding practices and other topics. ...
Early Christmas: IFAW set to return four gorillas to Cameroon | IFAW - International Fund for Animal Welfare
The gorillas are being sent to the Limbe Wildlife Centre sanctuary, and the NZG of South Africa has arranged to send two of its primate keepers to assist in the settling in process in the Cameroon. In turn Limbe staff has worked at the NZG of SA for the past weeks to prepare the gorillas for departure ...
Figure - Porcine Hokovirus in Domestic Pigs, Cameroon - Volume 19, Number 12-December 2013 - Emerging Infectious Disease...
Figure. . Phylogenetic tree of near full-length (4.7 kbp) and partial sequences (open reading frame 2, 0.4-1.9 kbp) of porcine hokovirus (HoV)/partetraviruses (PtV) created by using MEGA5.1 (www.megasoftware.net) with the maximum-likelihood method (GTR+G+I) and bootstrap analysis of 500 resamplings. New sequences from Cameroon are shown in boldface. EU, Europe; CH, China; US, United States; Gt, genotype; PARV4, parvovirus 4. Scale bar indicates nucleotide substitutions per site. ...
mangroves.elaw.org | Mangrove Science Database
Mangroves are critically threatened by human activities, despite the important ecosystem functions and services they provide. Mangroves in Cameroon represent no exception to the worldwide trend of mangrove destruction especially around Douala, on the Wouri river estuary. In two sites around Douala, we assessed the presence of sterols, PAHs, PCBs, DEHP, DDT and its metabolite p,p-DDE and potentially toxic metals in sediment samples. As a proxy of ecological quality, we measured the diversity and abundance of macrobenthos assemblages. We detected p,p-DDE contamination, with concentrations higher than 3 μg kg−1 in 16 out of 26 samples which were attributed to recent widespread use of DDT. The detection of sterols revealed faecal contamination. Significant sensitivity of the macrobenthos to contaminants was revealed, with possible implications on the overall mangrove vulnerability to climate change and on the provision of ecosystem services to local populations.. ...
A war of words | Good Governance Africa
Over the past four years, Cameroon has descended into violence. The central African nation is presently in the throes of the worst internal armed conflict since independence in 1961. A raging conflict in Cameroons English speaking regions has left President Paul Biya, 86 - who has been in power since 1982, long before 60% of the countrys 24 million people were born - in a fix. Biyas government has yet to take measures to stop the deadly conflict. Rather, by using its armed forces, it has escalated it. The conflict in the English-speaking North West and South West regions of Cameroon snowballed into violence in late 2017, but the origins of the conflict can be traced back to colonial power dealings in the 19th century involving Britain and France and, at one point, Germany.. Modern day Cameroon was born out of Kamerun, which Germany annexed on 5 July, 1884. Following Germanys defeat in the first world war, three quarters of the territory went to France, which was called French Cameroun, while ...
Catherines Africa Adventure: Blisters from Cooking? Seriously?
Wash and drain 20 lbs of cassava root into the biggest pot you have.. Pour the now mashed potato-looking substance in huge bags to sit overnight.. The next morning, squish the fufu around in water to smooth it out (It should feel like you are a little kid playing in the mud again).. Stir the fufu with a large wooden pounding stick in a large cauldron over an open fire.. Continue stirring, even when the fufu gets so thick it feels like you are rowing a boat through a river of firm butter.. Embarrass yourself by passing the pounding stick off to the 60-something-year-old Cameroonian sitting next to you in the cookhouse, who can pound at that fufu with more force than you can possibly muster-up.. Take the stick and your pride back and stir until you get blisters.. Keep asking the pro Cameroonian, Now is it done? How about now? Is it done now? Continue the process of stirring till your blisters pop and the Cameroonian woman takes pity on you (or is disgusted with you) and takes the stick ...
Cameroon: Malnutrition Hits Children Arriving From Central African Republic | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme -...
Q: What did you see during your visit to refuges sites in Eastern Cameroon?. A: We saw a lot of very thin, malnourished children; while visiting several households, we met children so sick they were unable to go with their mothers to register at the health center. At the site where mothers and children were being checked in to register for the blanket supplementary feeding programme, one in four children was identified as either moderately malnourished or severely malnourished. The situation was pretty alarming.. Q: How do you explain the high numbers of malnourished children? A: Considering how they have arrived here and the stories we have been hearing, their critical nutrition state isnt surprising. They spent a lot of time in the bush-sometimes two or three months-and during that time they didnt have nearly enough food to eat or clean water to drink. Many are sick with diseases such as malaria. Unaccompanied children often had it worst, unable to buy food or eat adequately. A woman told us ...
Bamenda Hemodialysis Centre Receives Vital Kits - Bamenda Online | Bamenda Online
Regional Hospital Bamenda Hemodialysis Centre receives fresh supply of vital kits, supply to last two months, more consignment expected,
Association of Helicobacter Pylori Infection and Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 Subjects in Yaounde Cameroon Using a Panel of Serum...
Infection to Helicobacter pylori has been associated to many gastrointestinal diseases including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer. Chronic infections are frequent and severe in patients with diabetes mellitus (DMT2), probably due to the impairment of their immune status.
List of national identity card policies by country
"Cameroon , Identity-Cards.net". Archived from the original on 8 November 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2018. "Centrafrique:Des ...
List of Lutheran denominations
"Cameroon". Lutheran World Federation. Retrieved January 31, 2018. "A propos de l'EFLC". Eglise Fraternelle Luthérienne du ... "The Lutheran Church of Cameroon". Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference. Retrieved March 6, 2018. "Czech Evangelical ...
"Cameroon". Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 21 May 2020. v t e (Articles with short description, Short description ... From 2009 until 2013, and previously in 2001, Omer was ambassador to the Côte d'Ivoire and from 2003 until 2007, Cameroon. " ... Ambassadors of Israel to Cameroon, Year of birth missing (living people), Living people, All stub articles, Israeli diplomat ...
Alfred Billot (1925-1965), Catholic priest, missionary in Cameroon. Marie-Léone Bordy (1921-1992), nun of the congregation of ... CAMEROON". camer.be (in French). Retrieved 2020-08-09. Nguyen, Amy. "The Story Of Bandes Dessinées". Culture Trip. Retrieved ...
Ngono was born in Mbalmayo, Cameroon. Following the death of her mother in 1999, she moved to Yaoundé, where she joined ... Akono, Justin Blaise (2 March 2009). "Récompenses : Lady Ponce reine de la musique 2008". Cameroon-info (in French). Archived ... "Lady Ponce en concert carritatif". Bonaberi (in French). Cameroon. 5 January 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2019. "16 secrets peu connus ... "Lady Ponce assists orphans". Cameroon Concord. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2019. Domina, Yvan (23 November 2013). "Lady ...
Transport companies of Cameroon, Rail transport in Cameroon, Railway companies of Cameroon, Companies based in Douala). ... The company was formed in 1999 and granted a 20-year concession to operate the Cameroon National Railway. The company is a ... "Cameroon". seat61. "Timetable". Camrail. 2014. Co-operation 25 tonnes Canyon Resources 13 Bridges Fibre France-Presse, Agence ( ... According to the Comazar website, the government of Cameroon owns the track while the rolling stock is owned by Camrail. ...
... is the largest city in Cameroon and its economic capital. It is also the capital of Cameroon's Littoral Region. Home to ... From 1940 to 1946, it was the capital of Cameroon. In 1955 the city had over 100,000 inhabitants. In 1960, Cameroon gained ... Full Gospel Mission Cameroon (Assemblies of God). There are also Muslim mosques. As in most large cities in Cameroon there are ... Presbyterian Church in Cameroon (World Communion of Reformed Churches), Union of Baptist Churches in Cameroon (Baptist World ...
Christianity in Africa
"Presbyterian Church of Cameroon". Oikoumene.org. Archived from the original on 21 May 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2011. Patrick ... "Cameroon , The Lutheran World Federation". www.lutheranworld.org. Archived from the original on 18 October 2016. Retrieved 14 ... "Presbyterian Church in Cameroon". Oikoumene.org. Archived from the original on 21 May 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2011. " ... 3.0 million Evangelical Church of Cameroon - 2.5 million Dutch Reformed Church in South Africa (NGK) - 1.1 million Uniting ...
List of rugby union playing countries
"Cameroon". IRB. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2011. "Canada". IRB. Archived from the ...
Marie-Thérèse Assiga Ahanda
When they returned to Cameroon, Ahanda became an elected delegate in the National Assembly of Cameroon, a position she held ... She served as a deputy for the National Assembly of Cameroon for five years, between 1983 and 1988. As a previous chemist and ... Years prior to Ahanda's birth, before any colonial figures came to that region of Cameroon, the chief of the Etoa Meki village ... Bamenda, Cameroon: Langaa Research & Publishing Common Initiative Group. p. 172. ISBN 978-9956-616-40-4. Dehon, Claire L. ( ...
The Kapsiki and Higi people of Cameroon use crabs for divination. The Mambila use both crabs and spiders (see Mambila spider ... West: Benin; Burkina Faso; Cameroon; Côte d'Ivoire; western Ghana; Nigeria; the Serer of Gambia, Senegal and Mauritania; Sierra ...
List of communities using the Tridentine Mass
Cameroon , France , Italy , Nigeria , Philippines , Portugal , United States) Fraternitas Beatissimae Virginis Mariae: ...
"Cameroon". Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 21 May 2020. (Articles with short description, Short description ... he was Ambassador of Israel to Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and the Republic of Congo. ... Ambassadors of Israel to Cameroon, Ambassadors of Israel to the Central African Republic, Ambassadors of Israel to Equatorial ...
Time in Africa
Cameroon. The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). "time difference: UTC+1". Retrieved 5 September 2021. Cameroon ...
Religion in Africa
"Cameroon". U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 2018-09-08. "Cameroon Muslims". insamer.com. Retrieved 2018-11-03. "The World ... Cameroon, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Southern Africa. The Baháʼí Faith in Africa has a diverse ...
Outline of music
Cameroon • Central African Republic • Chad • The Democratic Republic of the Congo • Equatorial Guinea • Gabon • Republic of the ...
Born in Yaoundé, Cameroon, Makoun began his career in his native Cameroon at Cotonsport Garoua, where he was part of the team's ... This ensured Cameroon qualification to the World Cup. It was announced on 21 May 2014 that Makoun was included in Cameroon's ... "Cameroon held in Japan : 0-0 (BBC)". Cam Foot. 19 November 2004. Retrieved 30 June 2020. "Cameroon choose squad". BBC Sport. 12 ... "Cameroon 2-0 Togo". BBC Sport. 25 January 2006. Retrieved 30 June 2020. "Cameroon 1-1 Ivory Coast". BBC Sport. 4 February 2006 ...
In 2006, he was accused by local police of working for the Southern Cameroons National Council, a Southern Cameroons ... According to Njoru himself, he had a "90% chance" of getting murdered if returning to Cameroon. Commenting on the United ... The committee found that Cameroon (the state party) failed to co-operate, not responding regarding the substance of Njaru's ... "Cameroon". Amnesty International Report 2008. Amnesty International. 2008. Archived from the original on 18 June 2008. ...
Economic history of Nigeria
Too Much to Carry: The Perception and Ramifications of Boko Haram's Activities on Cameroon". Conflict Studies Quarterly. 5: 67- ... Cameroon, and Chad) in early 1983 and May 1985. Nigeria has one of the largest populations in Africa with over 200 million ... refugees who were displaced or just seeking refuge from the Boko Haram migrated to neighboring countries such as Cameroon, ...
Outline of dance
Cameroon • Central African Republic • Chad • The Democratic Republic of the Congo • Equatorial Guinea • Gabon • Republic of the ...
He is also very involved on the issue of human rights in Cameroon, stressing the risks of an eruption of violence in the ... Cameroon? We all have to stop this comedy, Teham Ed., Paris, 2020. 2017 French legislative election "Elections législatives ...
"Cameroon: World Audit Democracy Profile". Worldaudit.org. Retrieved 2 September 2013. "Cameroon". State.gov. 28 February 2005. ... "allAfrica.com: Cameroon: Who is Who in Elecam?". Archived from the original on 1 January 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2014. " ... Growing calls for Fomunyoh to jump into the political fray in Cameroon represent a variety of things to a variety of people: ... VOA 5 June 2003 "Gerontocracy in Cameroon - These Old Men Who Govern Us - Dibussi Tande: Scribbles from the Den". Dibussi.com. ...
Cameroon; Central African Republic; Côte d'Ivoire; Equatorial Guinea; the Democratic Republic of the Congo; Ethiopia; Gabon; ...
Kako (also Mkako or Mkaka) is a Bantu language spoken mainly in Cameroon, with some speakers in the Central African Republic ... The main population centres of Kako speakers are Batouri and Ndélélé in the East Region of Cameroon. Once grouped with the ... Current evidence can trace the language back to the area just east of the current Cameroon-Central African Republic border, ... Small group has migrated during last century in Gabon from Cameroon and has settled mainly around Batouri-Mbitam. Kako is ...
Cameroon geography stubs, Coordinates on Wikidata, Populated places in Cameroon). ... Muea is a village in Buea Subdivision of Fako Division in the Southwest Region of Cameroon. Muea is a chiefdom in the Buea ... Andrew Catholic Church G.B.H.S Muea C.M.A Muea (Hospital) Muea Market "Buea , Cameroon , Britannica". www.britannica.com. ...
Cameroon. Hering, E.M. (1942). "Neue Gattungen und Arten palaearktischer und exotischer Fruchtfliegen". Siruna Seva. 4: 1-31. ...
... and lawyer from Cameroon. In 2012, Fotso was 1st Deputy Mayor of Baham, a town in Western Cameroon. In 2013, she was elected MP ... Fotso is married to Lucas Fotso, regional director for the Cameroon electric company Aes Sonel Littoral. Together they have ... She sits on the Constitutional Laws Committee and belongs to the Cameroon People's Democratic Movement. Fotso wrote the ... CS1 French-language sources (fr), 1989 births, Living people, Cameroon People's Democratic Movement politicians, Cameroonian ...
Madeleine Ngono Mani
Cameroon), African Games silver medalists for Cameroon, African Games medalists in football, Competitors at the 2015 African ... "Cameroon open in style at Ecuador's expense". FIFA.com. Archived from the original on June 10, 2015. Retrieved 12 November 2016 ... She played a key role in Cameroon's campaign in the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, scoring a header to complete a comeback win ... Her career started with Lorema FC and Canon Yaoundé, winning the domestic cup and league twice each in Cameroon . After the ...
Foreign relations of Denmark
"Cameroon". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2011. " ... Therefore, Malawi has established non-resident diplomatic relations with a number of countries, namely, Austria, Cameroon, ...
Jean-Marie Aléokol Mabiemé
Cameroon hosted the 2008 edition of the Games, with Aléokol serving point on the local organizing committee. When the Games had ... Cameroon was supposed to send a delegation to the 2014 INAS World Indoor Athletics Championships that took place from February ... Cameroon hosted the 2011 Central African edition, with Aléokol serving as the Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee. In ... In 2013, he was appointed as a senator in Cameroon's Parliament by the country's head of state for the Eastern Region. Aléokol ...
CDC in Cameroon | CDC
CDC Cameroon works closely with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other partners to build capacity for surveillance and quality ... which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Cameroon in December 2018. CDC is assisting Cameroon to revise ... What CDC is Doing in Cameroon. HIV and Tuberculosis HIV is a leading cause of death and a health threat to millions worldwide. ... CDC Impact in Cameroon. *Launched and implemented the first national proficiency testing program, which currently has over ...
Browsing by Subject "Cameroon"
Combined household water treatment and indoor air pollution projects in urban Mambanda, Cameroon and rural Nyanza, Kenya ... Assessment of the sustainability of the South West I CDTI project, South West province, Cameroon: June 2003 ... projects submitted by the NOTFs of Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Sudan ...
Cameroon - Traveler view - Packing List
Cameroon - Wikipedia
Cameroon portal Index of Cameroon-related articles Outline of Cameroon Telephone numbers in Cameroon "Cameroon § People and ... "Cameroon clothing - A description of the traditional attire of Cameroon". Cameroon-Today.com. Retrieved 26 July 2020. Culture ... Portal Cameroon from UCB Libraries GovPubs Cameroon at Curlie Cameroon profile from the BBC News Wikimedia Atlas of Cameroon ... and plateaus known as the Cameroon range extends from Mount Cameroon on the coast-Cameroons highest point at 4,095 metres ( ...
Cameroon | Blogs | CDC
Cameroon - Sharing our stories on preparing for and responding to public health events ... Tags Cameroon, emergency operations, flu, Global Health Security Agenda, H5N1, outbreak, prepare to respond, Public Health ... Aristide Abah stepped off the plane that brought him from Atlanta back to his home in Cameroon, there was no time to waste. An ... When Preparation Meets Opportunity: Cameroon Gets a Jump on Outbreak Response. When Dr. ...
Cameroon | WHO | Regional Office for Africa
Browsing by Subject "Cameroon"
Cooperation strategy between WHO and the Republic of Cameroon: 2017-2020 World Health Organization. WHO Office in Cameroon ( ... Country report : country, Cameroon World Health Organization; Inter-Regional Seminar on Smallpox Eradication (1969 : Lagos, ... Contraception within the context of adolescents sexual and reproductive lives: country profile: Cameroon ... Ebola virus disease preparedness strengthening team: Cameroon country visit 10-14 November 2014 ...
UNHCR - Cameroon
Cameroon hosts about two million persons of concern to UNHCR, including one million internally displaced persons*, 460,000 ... Cameroon Multi-Country Office covers Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe. UNHCR MCO Cameroon focuses ... For information about our work in Cameroon:. *For legislation, case law and UNHCR policy relating to claims for international ... Cameroon hosts about two million persons of concern to UNHCR, including one million internally displaced persons*, 460,000 ...
Cameroon - Synthesis Report
Tags: decent work, employment, informal employment, working conditions, conditions of employment, work environment, social dialogue, workers education, social protection, social security, education and training, economic and social development, economic development, economic policy, economic reform, entrepreneurship, social finance, economic and social rights. Regions and countries covered: Africa, Cameroon ...
Cameroon genre: new releases and popular books, including Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue, Houseboy by Ferdinand Oyono, How ... Cameroon genre: new releases and popular books, including Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue, Houseboy by Ferdinand Oyono, How ... Quotes Tagged "Cameroon". " I think like an American, love like a Latina and fight like a Cameroonian. " ― Christelle Nadia ...
Cameroon - United States Department of State
CAMEROON: Tier 2 Watch List. The Government of the Republic of Cameroon does not fully meet the minimum standards for the ... Therefore Cameroon was downgraded to Tier 2 Watch List.. PRIORITIZED RECOMMENDATIONS:. Government forces immediately cease ... HomeReportsOffice to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons2020 Trafficking in Persons Report...Cameroon ... 2020 Trafficking in Persons Report: Cameroon Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons ...
14 dead in twin Cameroon bombings
Cameroons Far North region, which borders Nigeria, has seen a resurgence in attacks blamed on Boko Haram after months of ... Two bombers blew themselves up in northeastern Cameroon killing 14 people and injuring 30 people in an attack likely staged by ... Cameroons Far North region, which borders Nigeria, has seen a resurgence in attacks blamed on Boko Haram after months of ... Since 2014, when Cameroon went to war against Boko Haram, the jihadi group has killed "2,000 civilians and soldiers" and ...
Cameroon Doctors Overwhelmed with Patients
Cameroon has a population of nearly 25 million people, who have been joined by 350,000 refugees fleeing the carnage in the ... Cameroon medical doctors say they are overwhelmed with patients as many of their colleagues seek better pay and working ... In August, Cameroon reported that medical staff were fleeing hospitals in the troubled English-speaking regions after attacks ... A two day old baby boy cries as his mother watches helplessly outside Santé Pour Tous, a private hospital in Cameroons ...
Cameroon - Media and publishing | Britannica
Popular periodicals include La Gazette and Le Messager, each issued in French, and the Cameroon Outlook and Cameroon Times, ... and the Cameroon Tribune, which is published in both French and English. ... Dailies in circulation in Cameroon include Le Quotidien, which is issued in French, ... Popular periodicals include La Gazette and Le Messager, each issued in French, and the Cameroon Outlook and Cameroon Times, ...
Cameroon forecast locations - Met Office
Cameroon | Bangor University
Cameroon - Search results | World Economic Forum
The World Economic Forum is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971, and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is tied to no political, partisan or national interests.
Boko Haram Attacks in Niger, Cameroon
Later, reports from northern Cameroon said militants had seized a bus with at least 18 people on board. A resident from the ... Nigerias Boko Haram militants launched new attacks in Niger and Cameroon on Monday as the groups leader vowed to defeat ... On Saturday, delegates from Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and Benin solidified plans to create a regional force to fight the ...
UPS My Choice® | UPS - Cameroon
Cameroon Parcel Delivery | Parcelforce Worldwide
Cameroon. Send a parcel to: Cameroon. When you send a parcel abroad, you need an international courier you can trust. At ... Additional delivery information for Cameroon. Bank Holidays & Non-Working Days. *Bank Holidays for this year in Cameroon can be ... Additional delivery information for Cameroon. Bank Holidays & Non-Working Days. *Bank Holidays for this year in Cameroon can be ... Sending parcels to Cameroon requires customs paperwork for most items. *In order to confirm that your items are not prohibited ...
Bamenda | Cameroon | Britannica
A nurses training centre and a hospital serve the town, and the Cameroon College of Arts, Science, and Technology is located ... town located in northwestern Cameroon. It is situated in the volcanic Bamenda Highlands. Although communications are difficult ... A nurses training centre and a hospital serve the town, and the Cameroon College of Arts, Science, and Technology is located ... Bamenda, town located in northwestern Cameroon. It is situated in the volcanic Bamenda Highlands. ...
Cameroon and Chad - Cameroon-Chad Power Interconnection Project
... enable electricity trade between Cameroon and Chad; and increase access to electricity in the Chad capital city of NDjamena. ... The Project development objectives are to interconnect the Southern and Northern power systems of Cameroon; ... PROJECT: Cameroon - Chad Power Interconnection Project *PRESS RELEASE: Promoting Regional Power Interconnection in Central ... enable electricity trade between Cameroon and Chad; and increase access to electricity in the Chad capital city of NDjamena. ...
Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2019/Cameroon - Wikimedia Commons
Cameroon: Separatist Abuses in Anglophone Regions | Human Rights Watch
... raped a girl and committed other grave human rights abuses across Cameroons Anglophone regions since January 2022. ... South-West Cameroon, on April 28, 2022. © Private, April 29, 2022, Mamfe, South-West region, Cameroon. ... South-West Cameroon. © Private, Buea, South-West region, Cameroon, January 12, 2022. ... On February 14, diplomats in Cameroon, including from Canada, Norway, South Africa, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the ...
Cameroon travel - Lonely Planet | Africa
Explore Cameroon holidays and discover the best time and places to visit. ... Cameroon is Africas throbbing heart, a sultry mosaic of active volcanoes, white-sand beaches, thick rainforest and magnificent ... Its a homage to Cameroons tribal heritage, in particular the Grasslands region, with a reconstructed royal chamber and ... musicians and even the World Cup-winning Cameroon football team. The interior is out of bounds, but the visitor centre to the ...
2022YAOUNDEDoualaBamendaBoko Haram2018Democratic Repub2021Republic of Camer2019British CameroonsCamerounBurkina Faso2020BueaNigeria1961Country'sChadAfrica Cup ofCenters for DiseasCountryAnglophoneIndependenceDefenceSeparatistLinking peopleWest AfricaMount CameroonNewsCameroonianCrisisAttacks2016World Health OrganPandemicOrganizationLittoral RegionHandmade in NicaraguaOfficialsCameroon'sKenyaDiseasePopulationMilitantsMalnutritionSouth West region ofCentral AfricaBotswanaCitizensOfficiallyUnited Nations DWidespreadInternally displacFrenchCountriesPrimatesHotels in Cameroon1972Anguissa
- Nairobi) - Armed separatist fighters have killed at least seven people, injured six others, raped a girl, and committed other grave human rights abuses across Cameroon 's Anglophone regions since January 2022, Human Rights Watch said today. (hrw.org)
- CAF has released the list of 63 match officials who will officiate at the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations to be held in Cameroon next month, January 2022. (cafonline.com)
- The tournament will kick off on Sunday, 09 January 2022 with the match between hosts, Cameroon and Burkina Faso at the Olembe Stadium in Yaounde. (cafonline.com)
- Cameroon's captain Vincent Aboubakar celebrates his second goal of the match, during the African Cup of Nations 2022 group A soccer match between Cameroon and Burkina Faso at the Olembe stadium in Yaounde, Cameroon, Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. (thegrio.com)
- Cameroon's Nouhou Tolo, centre is challenged by Burkina Faso's Issoufou Dayo, during the African Cup of Nations 2022 group A soccer match between Cameroon and Burkina Faso at the Olembe stadium in Yaounde, Cameroon, Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. (thegrio.com)
- Traditional dancers perform during opening ceremony of the African Cup of Nations 2022 group A soccer match between Cameroon and Burkina Faso at the Olembe stadium in Yaounde, Cameroon, Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. (thegrio.com)
- For 2022, Cameroon is ranked 105 of 142 out of the countries considered for the annual GFP review . (globalfirepower.com)
- YAOUNDE, May 13 2014 (IPS) - Senior defence officials say that Cameroon has been infiltrated by Nigeria's Islamist extremist group Boko Haram and there are fears that this central African nation, known for its stability, is drifting into chaos. (ipsnews.net)
- In a new study, researchers from the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, in the U.K., and the University of Yaounde I in Cameroon, have formally described the Ujor specimen as a new species - one that's either critically endangered, or already possibly extinct. (mongabay.com)
- In June, Cameroon announced it had begun a mass vaccination program to combat a measles epidemic after an outbreak was declared in seven health districts in the capital, Yaounde. (voanews.com)
- In a small town called Akonolinga, about an hour outside Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, a strange disease is going around that primarily affects children. (cnn.com)
- The Queen's Baton Relay journeyed through the streets of Yaounde, before being presented to the Cameroon Minister of Sport Hon Adam Garoua (holding baton), HE British High Commissioner Brian Olley (L), and President of the Cameroon National Olympic and Sports Committee Col. Hama Kalkaba Malboum (R), in Cameroon, on Thursday 9 January 2014. (glasgow2014.com)
- YAOUNDE, Cameroon (AP) - Suspected separatist rebels in western Cameroon attacked rural villages, killing at least 30 people, say health workers in the Akwaya district. (apnews.com)
- Whether you're after once-in-a-lifetime hiking tours in the mountains or shopping in the busy streets of Douala, Cameroon hotels will allow you to stay and play as you appreciate this remarkable country. (travelocity.com)
- The North West Regional Station of CRTV began in 1980 in an experimental Stage under the then Radio Cameroon, known then as Radio Bamenda, it opened with an old 1 kilo watt transmitter picked up then from radio Douala. (crtv.cm)
- Thanks to Bee, a delivery service, this wine company established in Cameroon has been able to keep its Douala clientele happy for the past six months through home deliveries. (iafrica.com)
- DOUALA, Cameroon - An appeals court in the African nation of Cameroon on Monday upheld a three-year sentence against a man found guilty of homosexual conduct for sending a text message to another that contained a photo of himself holding a sign that said, "I'm very much in love with you. (lgbtqnation.com)
- 3 Saint Louis Institute of Medical Sciences, Douala, Cameroon . (scirp.org)
- Laquintinie Hospital is one of the busiest public health facilities in Douala, Cameroon. (keranews.org)
- She started her career in 1981 at Radio Cameroon as a reporter at the News Department in Yaoundé and Douala, after finishing her studies in the International School of Journalism of Yaoundé. (who.int)
- Bamenda , town located in northwestern Cameroon . (britannica.com)
- Nearly 70 years ago, Edwin Ujor of the Nigerian Forestry Service collected a specimen of a tree from a forest high up in the Bamenda highlands in Cameroon. (mongabay.com)
- It is the only formally protected and the largest surviving area of submontane forest in the Bamenda Highlands, an area so denuded of its natural forest vegetation that it is now known in Cameroon as 'the grasslands,'" the authors write in the paper published in the journal Willdenowia . (mongabay.com)
- The town of Bamenda, in western Cameroon, on Monday afternoon. (france24.com)
- Calm has returned to Bamenda, a city in a predominantly English-speaking region in the west of Cameroon, after two days of fierce protests resulting in at least one death. (france24.com)
- A food market in Bamenda, Cameroon, in November 2017. (wamc.org)
- Until now thousands of people living in the remote village of Awing, in the Santa District, in the North West region of Cameroon, struggled to pay the costs of travel to the North capital city of Bamenda, in order to be tested for complications associated with conditions like HIV/AIDs. (randox.com)
- Bamenda, Cameroon - Armed groups are fighting for a separate state in English-speaking parts of Cameroon and government forces are hitting back with brute force. (aljazeera.com)
- 8 Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory, Bamenda, Cameroon . (scirp.org)
- Bamenda, the capital of Cameroon's northwest region, has been at the heart of a three-year conflict between Cameroon government troops and armed groups that are fighting to create a state they call Ambazonia. (dw.com)
- Yaoundé (AFP) - Two bombers blew themselves up in northeastern Cameroon killing 14 people and injuring 30 people in an attack likely staged by Boko Haram jihadists, security sources said Thursday. (yahoo.com)
- Though Boko Haram was born in Nigeria, the Islamic State-affiliated group has carried out frequent attacks in Cameroon, Chad and Niger, prompting the formation of a regional force to fight back. (yahoo.com)
- Cameroon has a population of nearly 25 million people, who have been joined by 350,000 refugees fleeing the carnage in the neighboring Central African Republic and about 100,000 Nigerians escaping Boko Haram terrorism. (voanews.com)
- Nigeria's Boko Haram militants launched new attacks in Niger and Cameroon on Monday as the group's leader vowed to defeat soldiers fighting the group. (globalsecurity.org)
- He also threatened Chadian President Idriss Deby, whose troops battled Boko Haram fighters last week in Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon. (globalsecurity.org)
- Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, meets Monday with a woman and her children who fled to Mokolo, Cameroon, to escape Boko Haram. (nbcnews.com)
- Power was in Cameroon to visit refugee camps and talk with Cameroonian officials about addressing the growing threat of the terrorist group Boko Haram in the region. (nbcnews.com)
- One of the most murderous Boko Haram raids on Cameroon occurred in early February in Fotokol. (fsrn.org)
- Captain Njankouo says Boko Haram insurgents used to engage the Cameroon Defence Forces in frontal attacks, but have started burying improvised explosive devices along roadways. (fsrn.org)
- The Boko Haram offensives throughout northeastern Nigeria and northern Cameroon have forced tens of thousands from their homes. (fsrn.org)
- Yet his stay in Cameroon is tinged with fear - the fear that Boko Haram might strike, even here. (fsrn.org)
- Cameroon has launched an $8 million emergency program to help students displaced by Boko Haram militants. (voanews.com)
- The school children are among the 100,000 people who had to leave their homes since Boko Haram became active in Cameroon. (voanews.com)
- CDC led efforts to establish a Public Health Emergency Operations Center for Cameroon in partnership with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Cameroon in December 2018. (cdc.gov)
- In 2018, the GDP of Cameroon was approximately $38.675 million, growing at a 4.06% rate, while its per capita income was $1534, growing at a 1.38% rate. (centurionlg.com)
- Launched in 2010, with support from CDC and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the program serves four Central African countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Chad, and Cameroon. (cdc.gov)
- Cameroon ranks 3rd in Sub-Saharan Africa in terms of hydropower potential, behind the Democratic Republic of Congo and Ethiopia. (centurionlg.com)
- Cameroon had waited out a three-year delay to host this African Cup after being stripped of the 2019 tournament and then seeing its 2021 hosting delayed a year because of the coronavirus pandemic. (thegrio.com)
- Apart from seeking a first win in Netherlands, Kenya's Malkia Strikers are also out for revenge after they lost 3-1 to Cameroon at the 2021 Africa Nations Championships in Kigali, Rwanda. (co.ke)
- We are now calling for comments on the Cameroon NI draft through a public consultation period of 60 days, from 19 April to 18 June 2021. (rspo.org)
- All comments must be submitted to the Cameroon NITF at [email protected] by close of business on 18 June 2021. (rspo.org)
- The schistosomiasis team are using this period to review all achievements in SCH and STH in Cameroon, finalize the 2003-2019 progress report on SCH-STH, develop the new 2021-2030 strategic plan, revise and optimize the 2020 workplan taking into account challenges and lessons learnt from past years. (who.int)
Republic of Camer10
- French: Cameroun, Fula: Kamerun), officially the Republic of Cameroon (French: République du Cameroun), is a country in west-central Africa. (wikipedia.org)
- The southern part of British Cameroons federated with it in 1961 to form the Federal Republic of Cameroon. (wikipedia.org)
- The country was renamed the United Republic of Cameroon in 1972 and back to the Republic of Cameroon in 1984 by a presidential decree by president Paul Biya. (wikipedia.org)
- Following a referendum, British-run Southern Cameroons joined the French-speaking Republic of Cameroon in 1961, while Northern Cameroons voted to join English-speaking Nigeria. (wamc.org)
- The new nation becomes known as the Federal Republic of Cameroon. (historyworld.net)
- French Cameroon became independent in 1960 as the Republic of Cameroon. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- The following year the southern portion of neighboring British Cameroon voted to merge with the new country to form the Federal Republic of Cameroon. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- In 1972, a new constitution replaced the federation with a unitary state, the United Republic of Cameroon. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- In 1972, Cameroun changed its official designation to the United Republic of Cameroon. (si.edu)
- Currently the development of communications technology in the Republic of Cameroon is noted. (myamplifiers.com)
- Canada's Kadeisha Buchanan reacts after scoring against Cameroon during the 2019 Women's World Cup. (sportsnet.ca)
- Woman quartet, Salima Mukasanga (Rwanda), Carine Atemzabong (Cameroon), Fatiha Jermoumi (Morocco) and Bouchra Karboubi (Morocco) continue the path started at the U-17 TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations 2019 and TotalEnergies African Nations Championship 2020 (CHAN), with women referees officiating games. (cafonline.com)
- The official languages of Cameroon are French and English, the official languages of former French Cameroons and British Cameroons. (wikipedia.org)
- These two regions become known as the British Cameroons. (historyworld.net)
- French Cameroun enjoys more rapid economic and political development than the British Cameroons, and it feels sooner the effects of the independence movements sweeping through the continent after World War II. (historyworld.net)
- Meanwhile, with the French mandated territory independent as the Cameroun Republic, the question remains as to the future of the British Cameroons. (historyworld.net)
- In 1960, the French-administered part of Cameroon became independent, as the Republic of Cameroun, under President Ahmadou Ahidjo. (wikipedia.org)
- La Cameroon Radio Television (CRTV Radiodiffusion-télévision du Cameroun) est l'organisme public camerounais de radio-télévision. (crtv.cm)
- Community-based organisations in Cameroon allege that UK-based Victoria Oil and Gas and its Cameroon-based subsidiary, Gaz Du Cameroun, violated the OECD Guidelines in operations at the Logbaba Gas Project. (oecdwatch.org)
- Présente au Cameroun depuis bientôt un an, ALIMA assure la prise en charge des soins pédiatriques et la prise en charge des cas de malnutrition aiguë sévère avec complication médicales pour les enfants de moins de 5 ans dans l'Hôpital de District de Mokolo ainsi que dans le District de Santé de Makary. (reliefweb.int)
- An estimated 330,600 children under five are at risk of severe and acute malnutrition in northern Cameroon, said [a UNICEF] survey report, which was issued in March," the news service writes, noting, "Children are also expected to require specialist treatment in clinics in northern Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Mali and northern Senegal, [the survey] added. (kff.org)
- Host Cameroon came from behind with two penalties in the space of eight minutes at the end of the first half to beat Burkina Faso 2-1 Sunday in the opening game of the African Cup of Nations. (thegrio.com)
- PostNewsLine is an interactive feature of 'The Post', an important newspaper published out of Buea, Cameroons. (postnewsline.com)
- On Saturday, delegates from Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and Benin solidified plans to create a regional force to fight the militants. (globalsecurity.org)
- Attacks in Nigeria have also resulted in refugees fleeing to safety in Cameroon. (ipsnews.net)
- In Cameroon, hundreds of militants attacked a military base in Waza and looted and set fire to scores of homes in the area before escaping back to Nigeria on Monday, Col. Joseph Nouma told The Associated Press. (registercitizen.com)
- The Nigeria-based extremist group has fought a five-year insurgency against the government there, and recently began stepping up its attacks against neighboring countries after Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Benin agreed to contribute troops toward a regional military effort. (registercitizen.com)
- Cameroon sealed its border with Nigeria, reportedly due to fears of the Ebola virus. (longwarjournal.org)
- While Cameroon grapples with the problem of internally displaced persons, the country faces a crisis when it comes to the influx of refugees from Nigeria. (fsrn.org)
- Oya siddon, watch di part four of how BBC Pidgin tori people from Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria dey yarn different things for dia area. (bbc.com)
- Charity evaluator GiveWell has provided a further US$7.8 million to fight intestinal worms and schistosomiasis in Nigeria and Cameroon. (sightsavers.org)
- They blame armed groups operating across the border in Cameroon and Nigeria. (apnews.com)
- The severely injured were stabilized by Cameroon health workers and referred to neighboring Nigeria for continuation of care," he said. (apnews.com)
- Cameroon will play Cape Verde to crown the fifth-place team, while Nigeria and Morocco fight it out for seventh. (sbnation.com)
- Cameroon is a sub-Saharan African country which is bordered by Nigeria to the west, Chad to the Northeast, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Republic of Congo to the South and Central Africa to the East. (centurionlg.com)
- After French-speaking Cameroon gained independence in 1960, the British regions voted to join it in 1961. (foreignpolicy.com)
- CDC's global health security efforts in Cameroon help improve the country's ability to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease outbreaks before they become epidemics that could affect global populations. (cdc.gov)
- The last time Cameroon reported a measles outbreak was from February 2010 to July 2011, when 37 of the country's 179 health districts were affected. (voanews.com)
- Most of Cameroon is French-speaking, while the country's western portion is populated by English speakers. (wamc.org)
- The jihadist recruitment drive coincides with an increase in attacks within Cameroon, including one particularly brazen operation that targeted the country's deputy prime minister, Amadou Ali. (news24.com)
- While Cameroon is something of a cultural and market leader for some of its neighbours, such as Chad and the Central African Republic, the economic challenges it still faces make it unlikely to be a prime target for international tobacco companies. (bmj.com)
- The violence has forced some 157,000 people to seek refuge in Niger, while 40,000 others have gone to Cameroon and 17,000 are in Chad, the U.N. said. (registercitizen.com)
- Some progress was made at the turn of the century following civil society's mobilisation around the Chad-Cameroon oil pipeline. (publishwhatyoupay.org)
Africa Cup of1
- Cameroonian President Paul Biya and first lady Chantal Biya wave to the crowd at the Africa Cup of Nations in Yaoundé, Cameroon, on Jan. 9. (foreignpolicy.com)
Centers for Diseas1
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) began initial HIV/AIDS work in Cameroon in 1998, and transitioned to a fuller HIV/AIDS program in 2008, supported by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). (cdc.gov)
- Under the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative, CDC has assigned a resident advisor to the malaria-endemic country of Cameroon to support the implementation of malaria prevention and control interventions. (cdc.gov)
- Cameroon Multi-Country Office covers Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe. (unhcr.org)
- Cameroon lawyer Alice Nkom, who is known for defending gays and lesbians in a country where homosexuality is outlawed, has said that she has been receiving death threats from anonymous callers over her stance. (pambazuka.org)
- Students and researchers from Cameroon have closely examined social public policies and private sector initiatives in their country, as reports Global Voices. (pambazuka.org)
- FIFA president Gianni Infantino attended the opening ceremony, as did 88-year-old Cameroon President Paul Biya , who has led the Central African country since 1982. (thegrio.com)
- With its 23,130,708 people, Cameroon is the 53rd largest country in the world by population. (ifitweremyhome.com)
- As the militant group seeks to gain a foothold in the poor, rural north of Cameroon, experts warn that violence may spread beyond border areas to other parts of the central African country. (news24.com)
- The RSPO Cameroon National Interpretation (Cameroon NI) has been drafted through a comprehensive development process, including consultations with relevant stakeholder groups to ensure the NI accurately reflects the nature of the oil palm industry in Cameroon, particularly, national legislation and customs in the country, whilst maintaining, and in some cases, strengthening the integrity of the RSPO requirements for certification. (rspo.org)
- This page displays a table with Cameroon Exports By Country in U.S. dollars, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade. (tradingeconomics.com)
- Cameroon wrappers are grown in the East part of the country. (neptunecigar.com)
- Understand the latest market trends and future growth opportunities for the Traditional Grocery Retailers industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor International's team of in-country analysts - experts by industry and geographic specialisation. (euromonitor.com)
- View the full video of our Cameroon country director explaining how Sightsavers is helping to achieve the UN's Global Goals in Cameroon. (sightsavers.org)
- Cameroon has become the second African country to begin to ratify the African Disability Protocol, which addresses unique issues that affect people with disabilities in African countries. (sightsavers.org)
- It was 2002, when Joe, then 37, was living in a small rural town in the African country of Cameroon. (medlineplus.gov)
- Members of the Anglophone Southern Cameroons National Council (SCNC), a non-violent secessionist group, continued to face arrest and imprisonment. (amnestyusa.org)
- This book explores contemporary Anglophone Cameroon poetry's engagement with the environment through an eco-textual analysis of a cross section of poems from different poets. (peterlang.com)
- It spotlights environmental degradation, the inextricable relationship between nature and culture as well as the intersection between history, politics, ethics and the environment in the Anglophone Cameroon cultural imaginary. (peterlang.com)
- Eunice Ngongkum's Anglophone Cameroon Poetry in the Environmental Matri x is a significant contribution to the growing field of transnational ecocriticism - and to the study of the diversity of African literatures that have engaged with a variety of environments and with environmental crisis. (peterlang.com)
- The smaller Anglophone parts of Cameroon lived under the British while the larger Francophone majority was ruled by France. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The current 'Anglophone conflict' in Cameroon is being simplified to specific narratives. (graduateinstitute.ch)
- It has experienced tensions from the English-speaking territories, where politicians have advocated for greater decentralisation and even complete separation or independence (as in the Southern Cameroons National Council). (wikipedia.org)
- Last September, Cameroon beat Botswana's senior team 1-0 during the independence celebrations. (sundaystandard.info)
- Politically stable, Cameroon has enjoyed considerable development in agriculture and transportation since independence. (si.edu)
- Martin Ayong Ayim: Former British Southern Cameroons Journey Towards Complete Decolonization, Independence, and Sovereignty. (postnewsline.com)
- The military has decided to strengthen the intelligence system to effectively counter this threat, which seems to be gaining local support," Colonel Didier Badjeck, spokesperson for the Cameroon Ministry of Defence, told IPS. (ipsnews.net)
- Ecco City player, Tebogo Sembowa, who was playing as a top man had a good game and easily eluded the Cameroon defence. (sundaystandard.info)
- Although Cameroon are considered the least likely side in the section to reach the round of 16, the attacking talent of players such as Napoli's Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa has the potential to rattle the Swiss defence. (gulfnews.com)
- On February 26, at about 3 p.m., separatist fighters stopped two vehicles from the Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services (CBCHS), a nonprofit medical organization, at a checkpoint in Mile 90, North-West region. (hrw.org)
- Key priority areas for CDC in Cameroon include case identification through optimization of index testing, linking people living with HIV to care and treatment, and increasing retention using psychosocial support counselors. (cdc.gov)
- Cameroon, set in the crook of west Africa, is one of the many African countries that, while not often in the news, have tended to be open playing fields for tobacco companies. (bmj.com)
- The species may even be extinct, since it hasn't been found in other patches of similar submontane forests in the Cameroon highlands, such as Mount Cameroon, Mount Oku, Mount Kupe, the Lebialem highlands, or the forests of Dom. (mongabay.com)
- For those who are up for an exciting and rewarding challenge, Mount Cameroon is a must. (travelocity.com)
- According to the news service, "The Cameroon government has issued an alert saying that more than half the villages in the region are suffering from extreme food insecurity. (kff.org)
- Because the number of physicists in Africa is low, many of the Cameroonian physicists are easily absorbed into universities not just in Cameroon but all over Africa," says Müller. (ictp.it)
- Two men arrested in August in Cameroon for looking effeminate and who reportedly 'confessed' to homosexuality after being tortured are being defended today 10 October in court by the legendary Cameroonian LGBT human rights defender Alice N'Kom. (towleroad.com)
- Show your connection to the Cameroonian culture and commitment to providing the best internet experience in Cameroon with .CM domain. (101domain.com)
- Specializing in well researched investigative reports, it focuses on the Cameroonian scene, particular issues of interest to the former British Southern Cameroons. (postnewsline.com)
- Hadassah Foundation is an NGO in Cameroon (registration number 109/G.37/C84/VOL1/SASC), created in response to the traumatic circumstances affecting internally displaced persons and the host population, due to the ongoing crisis in the West African nation. (adaa.org)
- The lack of international attention, support and diplomacy have left Cameroon a neglected crisis with no end in sight for more than one million people in need. (aljazeera.com)
- Cameroon, along with much of sub-Saharan Africa, is on the verge of a crisis. (finca.org)
- Should we be mute on the crisis in Cameroon? (ghanaweb.com)
- Cameroon is tackling a health care crisis. (keranews.org)
- In August, Cameroon reported that medical staff were fleeing hospitals in the troubled English-speaking regions after attacks left several nurses dead and many others wounded. (voanews.com)
- In 2016, as lawyers, students and teachers in the English-speaking parts of Cameroon began protesting what they saw as their cultural marginalisation and under-representation in the central government, security forces hit back. (aljazeera.com)
- Il en va de même pour celui mis en place dans le District de Santé de Makary, programme qui fait suite à la mission explo-action menée en décembre 2016. (reliefweb.int)
- Cameroon is a signatory to the Paris Climate Agreement, which it ratified in 2016, and has committed to halving its greenhouse gas emissions by 2035. (centurionlg.com)
World Health Organ2
- More than 6,300 people have had cataract operations in the past three years at Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute, with safety protocols enabling work to continue during the pandemic. (sightsavers.org)
- As the pandemic spread to Cameroon, Timani realised he needed to develop the delivery part of his company - now known as Bee Delivery. (iafrica.com)
- Professor Louis-Albert Tchuem Tchuenté has given insights into the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the national programme of schistosomiasis control and elimination in Cameroon. (who.int)
- In May, the High Court in Mamfe, Southwest Province, found three SCNC leaders - including its national chairman, Nfor Ngala Nfor - guilty of belonging to a foreign organization not recognized in Cameroon and sentenced them to five months' imprisonment. (amnestyusa.org)
- The court agreed with the prosecution that the SCNC was not recognized in Cameroon and was therefore an unregistered foreign organization and its members liable to prosecution under the Penal Code. (amnestyusa.org)
- So, when the Hadassah Foundation, a mental health organization in Cameroon, contacted ADAA with a request to access our free member-created, publicly available, evidence-based resources, we not only acquiesced, we collaborated. (adaa.org)
- Treating general health conditions and patients with HIV/AIDs in rural Cameroon is being transformed thanks to an initiative and partnership between global diagnostics company Randox and the not-for-profit organization LUKMEF Cameroon. (randox.com)
- IMSEAR at SEARO: Potentiality of Medicinal Plants in Treating Urinary Lithiasis in Littoral Region, Cameroon. (who.int)
- Background: The objective of this study was to reveal patterns in the treatment of urinary lithiasis in the Littoral Region, Cameroon, based on data on the use of plants, from traditional healers and patients under primary health care, and to demonstrate the efficiency of some of the recipes used. (who.int)
Handmade in Nicaragua2
- MENAFN - Gulf Times) Officials have disputed a human rights group report that at least 100 people were killed by security forces during anti-government protests in Cameroon last weekend. (menafn.com)
- All the selected match officials will complete their final preparations in Cameroon the week before the opening game. (cafonline.com)
- Boko Haram's campaign to involve itself in Cameroon has worried officials there and prompted fears that violence may spread. (news24.com)
- At least 28 people have been killed and five others injured in a bus crash in central Cameroon , officials said. (aljazeera.com)
- ESEKA, Cameroon (Reuters) - Fourteen people remained trapped on Friday under the wreckage of a packed passenger train that derailed en route between Cameroon's two largest cities, killing at least 55 and injuring 575, the government said in a communique read on state television. (reuters.com)
- Publish What You Pay ( PWYP ) Cameroon is entering its sixth year with renewed vigor in its campaign for the responsible management of Cameroon's subsoil resources. (publishwhatyoupay.org)
- In this sense, Cameroon's membership of the EITI was a pivotal moment in the creation of PWYP Cameroon. (publishwhatyoupay.org)
- The World Championship website picks out tonight's clash as one of the highlights of the opening round matches and a win by Kenya or Cameroon will be a major step towards second round qualification. (co.ke)
- Kenya have so far lost to Netherlands and Belgium while Cameroon lost to Italy and Netherlands. (co.ke)
- $750,000 contribution of IPC disruptions to service reductions in Kenya and Cameroon. (cdc.gov)
- CDC also works with Cameroon to strengthen laboratory, surveillance, and workforce capacity to respond to disease outbreaks in support of the Global Health Security Agenda. (cdc.gov)
- These efforts help Cameroon reach the targets outlined in the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), a global partnership launched in 2014 to help make the world safer and more secure from infectious disease threats. (cdc.gov)
- Working closely with the MOH and other partners, CDC provides expertise and support across 11 technical areas, known as GHSA action packages, that help Cameroon build core public health capacities in disease surveillance, laboratory systems, workforce development, and emergency management. (cdc.gov)
- CDC is assisting Cameroon to revise its integrated disease surveillance case definitions and has developed new training modules to accompany the dissemination of the new surveillance standards. (cdc.gov)
- CDC supports Cameroon in strengthening the capacity of its workforce to investigate and respond to disease outbreaks through the establishment of a Field Epidemiology Training Program. (cdc.gov)
- Cameroon has the third biggest biomass potential in Sub-Saharan Africa, covering three-quarters of its area with 25 million hectares of forest and employing more than 60% of its population. (centurionlg.com)
- Prolonged drought in northern Cameroon, an aspect of the changing climate that is affecting the whole Sahel region, has reduced food output, pushed up prices and increased the severity and prevalence of malnutrition among children, experts say," Thomson Reuters Foundation reports. (kff.org)
- Our Food for Education program in Cameroon simultaneously improved school attendance and reduced malnutrition through an innovative school feeding system that engaged schools, parents, and entire communities in growing and delivering healthy meals to students and their families. (counterpart.org)
South West region of1
- Mpako is a town in the South-West region of Cameroon. (nona.net)
- YAOUNDÉ, Cameroon - INTERPOL's Regional Bureau in Cameroon was officially opened on Thursday, creating a focal point for police co-operation across Central Africa and with each of the organization's 188 member countries. (interpol.int)
- At the opening ceremony - attended by Peter Agbor Tabi, Minister, Deputy Secretary General at the Presidency and Emmanuel Edou, Delegate General for National Safety of Cameroon and CAPCCO Chairman - INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said that the new offices will enable law enforcement across Central Africa to better share and analyse criminal information. (interpol.int)
- Before meeting Botswana at the Eight Nations Tournament, Cameroon had an unassailable record and many people thought the Cameroonians were going to have an easy ride against lowly ranked Botswana. (sundaystandard.info)
- But it was not to be as Botswana slayed Cameroon, winning the game 1-0. (sundaystandard.info)
- Having proved that they can hold their own against the best, Cameroon must brace themselves for a tough Olympic qualifying game against Botswana. (sundaystandard.info)
- If Cameroon is to avoid catastrophes of possibly greater dimensions than so far witnessed, the citizens must take a hard and unsentimental look at the crucial question of leadership and the manner in which political power is exercised. (pambazuka.org)
- Among the dead were 5 Nigerian citizens doing business in Cameroon, said Fonki. (apnews.com)
- Therefore, there is a need for Cameroon to diversify its energy mix by incorporating renewables to improve its economy and increase the standard of living of its citizens. (centurionlg.com)
- Do Cameroon Citizens Need a Visa to Vietnam? (vietnam-visa.com)
- A valid visa is REQUIRED for all Cameroon citizens to Vietnam under any purpose, tourism, business or work. (vietnam-visa.com)
- How to get a Vietnam visa for Cameroon Citizens? (vietnam-visa.com)
- How much is a Vietnam visa for Cameroon citizens? (vietnam-visa.com)
- Although Cameroon is officially bilingual and has both English and French-speaking regions, the government has historically favored French. (foreignpolicy.com)
United Nations D1
- To celebrate the 47th World Environment Day, UN Volunteers in Cameroon in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme organized a series of activities to sensitize UN volunteers, UN staff, and the general public on environmental preservation and conservation. (unv.org)
- In Cameroon, widespread drought has meant many children were not receiving the nutrients needed to keep them well-fed and focused in school. (counterpart.org)
- Traditional grocery retailers continue to dominate grocery retail in Cameroon due to their widespread presence, which makes them the most convenient place for most local consumers to shop. (euromonitor.com)
- The widespread use of biomass energy for cooking, heating and lighting, particularly in rural areas of Cameroon, has resulted in widespread deforestation, which increases carbon dioxide emissions and thus global warming. (centurionlg.com)
- Cameroon hosts about two million persons of concern to UNHCR, including one million internally displaced persons*, 460,000 refugees and asylum-seekers and 466,000 IDP returnees. (unhcr.org)
- UNHCR MCO Cameroon focuses on protection needs as well as providing documentation and promoting self-reliance for refugees and internally displaced persons. (unhcr.org)
- Dailies in circulation in Cameroon include Le Quotidien , which is issued in French, and the Cameroon Tribune , which is published in both French and English. (britannica.com)
- Popular periodicals include La Gazette and Le Messager , each issued in French, and the Cameroon Outlook and Cameroon Times , both of which are published in English. (britannica.com)
- In Yaoundé, [the capital of Cameroon] only a handful of ministers are English-speaking [including the prime minister], and when we go there we are treated badly if we don't speak French. (france24.com)
- Cameroon was colonised by Germany and then split into British and French areas after World War One," the BBC explains . (wamc.org)
- Finally in 1911, in this ongoing game of colonial diplomacy, Cameroon is granted 105,000 square miles of French Equatorial Africa in return for acknowledging French rights over Morocco . (historyworld.net)
- Both Togoland and Cameroon are sandwiched between British and French colonies. (historyworld.net)
- French is common in Cameroon, which was once a colony of France. (news24.com)
- Both Müller and Marsili said organizing the school helped them better understand the needs of researchers working in developing countries such as Cameroon. (ictp.it)
- If you are in Cameroon, please contact the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in nearby countries for visa application. (vietnam-visa.com)
- Cameroon will be one of three African countries participating. (dw.com)
- A 45-minute drive south of Yaoundé, Mefou is run by Ape Action Africa, an organisation established to protect primates in Cameroon. (lonelyplanet.com)
Hotels in Cameroon2
- Cameroon has enjoyed relative stability since its new constitution in 1972, which has enabled the development of agriculture, roads, and railways, as well as a petroleum industry. (finca.org)
- Bertrand Traoré barged into André-Frank Zambo Anguissa to give Cameroon its first penalty, which was only confirmed after referee Mustapha Ghorbal of Algeria consulted VAR. (thegrio.com)