A milky, product excreted from the latex canals of a variety of plant species that contain cauotchouc. Latex is composed of 25-35% caoutchouc, 60-75% water, 2% protein, 2% resin, 1.5% sugar & 1% ash. RUBBER is made by the removal of water from latex.(From Concise Encyclopedia Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 3rd ed). Hevein proteins are responsible for LATEX HYPERSENSITIVITY. Latexes are used as inert vehicles to carry antibodies or antigens in LATEX FIXATION TESTS.
Encyclopedias as Topic
United States Virgin Islands
A group of islands in the Lesser Antilles in the West Indies, the three main islands being St. Croix, St. Thomas, and St. John. The capital is Charlotte Amalie. Before 1917 the U.S. Virgin Islands were held by the Danish and called the Danish West Indies but the name was changed when the United States acquired them by purchase.
The initial stages of the growth of SEEDS into a SEEDLINGS. The embryonic shoot (plumule) and embryonic PLANT ROOTS (radicle) emerge and grow upwards and downwards respectively. Food reserves for germination come from endosperm tissue within the seed and/or from the seed leaves (COTYLEDON). (Concise Dictionary of Biology, 1990)
Insects of the family Formicidae, very common and widespread, probably the most successful of all the insect groups. All ants are social insects, and most colonies contain three castes, queens, males, and workers. Their habits are often very elaborate and a great many studies have been made of ant behavior. Ants produce a number of secretions that function in offense, defense, and communication. (From Borror, et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p676)
Plants, Genetically Modified
Highly reactive molecules with an unsatisfied electron valence pair. Free radicals are produced in both normal and pathological processes. They are proven or suspected agents of tissue damage in a wide variety of circumstances including radiation, damage from environment chemicals, and aging. Natural and pharmacological prevention of free radical damage is being actively investigated.
Histamine mediates the pro-inflammatory effect of latex of Calotropis procera in rats. (1/28)INTRODUCTION: Calotropis procera is known to produce contact dermatitis and the latex of this plant produces intense inflammation when injected locally. However, the precise mode of its pro-inflammatory effect is not known. In present study we have pharmacologically characterized the inflammation induced by latex of C. procera in a rat paw edema model and determined the role of histamine in latex-induced inflammation. METHODS: Inflammation was induced in the hind paw of rats by injecting different doses of dried latex (DL) of C. procera. The inhibitory effect of phenylbutazone, dexamethasone, celecoxib, cyproheptadine, chlorpheniramine and compound 48/80 on edema volume was evaluated and compared with that against carrageenan. The histamine content of DL was measured fluorometrically. RESULTS: DL produced dose-dependent inflammation of the rat paw. Cyproheptadine and chlorpheniramine effectively inhibited DL-induced inflammation (90%; p < 0.01), while anti-inflammatory drugs phenylbutazone, dexamethasone and celecoxib were more effective against carrageenan-induced inflammation. Depletion of mast cell histamine by compound 48/80 produced a significant decrease in DL-induced inflammation as compared with carrageenan (500% versus 25%). DL was also found to contain about 6 microg/g of histamine. CONCLUSIONS: Thus, our study shows that the biogenic amines play a significant role in C. procera latex-induced inflammation and antihistaminic drugs could be effectively used to inhibit inflammatory response elicited by exposure to latex. (+info)
Studies on anti-diarrhoeal activity of Calotropis gigantea R.Br. in experimental animals. (2/28)PURPOSE: Calotropis gigantea R. Br. (Asclepiadaceae) a wildly growing plant has been reported to possess number of medicinal properties and other purposes. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate scientifically the anti-diarrheal effects of C. gigantea used traditionally in Indian system of medicine using castor oil-induced diarrhoea model. METHODS: The anti-diarrheal effect of hydroalcoholic (50:50) extract of aerial part of Calotropis gigantea was studied against castor oil-induced-diarrhea model in rats. The gastrointestinal transit rate was expressed as the percentage of the longest distance traversed by the charcoal divided by the total length of the small intestine. The weight and volume of intestinal content induced by castor oil were studied by enteropooling method. RESULTS: Like atropine (3 mg/kg, i.p.) there were significant reductions in fecal out put and frequency of droppings when the plant extracts of 200 and 400 mg/kg doses were administered intraperitoneally compared with castor oil treated rats. All doses of the plant extracts also significantly retarded the castor-oil induced enteropooling and intestinal transit. The dose 100 (P<0.01), 200 and 400 mg/kg significantly inhibited (P<0.001) weight and volume of intestinal content. CONCLUSIONS: The remarkable anti-diarrheal effect of C.gigantea extract against castor oil-induced diarrhea model attests to its utility in a wide range of diarrheal states (+info)
Involvement of prostaglandins in inflammation induced by latex of Calotropis procera. (3/28)INTRODUCTION: The aerial parts of the plant Calotropis procera produce milky white latex that causes inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes. Prostaglandins are one of the mediators released in an inflammatory response following induction of cyclooxygenase (COX). In the present study, we have evaluated the role of prostaglandins in inflammatory response elicited by the latex of C. procera. METHODS: Aqueous extract of dried latex of C. procera was injected into the 6-day air-pouch in the rat. The inflammatory response was evaluated by studying the air-pouch fluid for its volume, protein and prostaglandin (PG) E2 concentrations, and leucocyte counts. The granulation tissue from the pouch was quantified and studied for COX-2 expression by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. The inhibitory effect of celecoxib and dexamethasone was evaluated on the aforementioned parameters. RESULTS: Dried latex produced an inflammatory response that was maximum at 6 h. It was associated with the accumulation of protein-rich fluid, leucocytes and PGE2 production. It also resulted in granulation of the pouch cavity that was a maximum on day 3. COX-2 expression could be detected in the granulation tissue on day 1 and it increased progressively up to day 5. The anti-inflammatory drugs celecoxib and dexamethasone significantly attenuated the inflammatory response and inhibited COX-2 expression in granulation tissue. CONCLUSIONS: Latex of C. procera induces an inflammatory response characterized by an early exudative phase accompanied by PGE2 production and a late proliferative phase associated with COX-2 induction. Both the phases were effectively inhibited by COX-2 inhibitors. (+info)
Calotropis procera latex-induced inflammatory hyperalgesia--effect of antiinflammatory drugs. (4/28)The milky white latex of plant Calotropis procera produces inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes on accidental exposure. It produces edema on local administration due to the release of histamine and prostaglandins and is associated with hyperalgesia. In the present study we have evaluated the antiedematous and analgesic activity of antiinflammatory drugs against inflammatory response induced by dried latex (DL) of C procera in rat paw edema model. An aqueous extract of DL of C procera was injected into the subplantar surface of the rat paw and the paw volume was measured by a plethysmometer at 0, 1, 2, 6, 12, and 24 hours. Concomitantly the hyperalgesic response was also evaluated by motility test, stair climbing ability test, dorsal flexion pain test, compression test, and observing the grooming behavior. The inhibitory effect of diclofenac and rofecoxib on edema formation and hyperalgesic response was compared with cyproheptadine (CPH). DL-induced edema formation was maximum at 2 hours that was associated with decreased pain threshold, functional impairment, and grooming. Treatment with antiinflammatory drugs and CPH significantly attenuated the edematous response and grooming, increased the pain threshold, and improved functional parameters. Both antiinflammatory and antiserotonergic drugs significantly inhibited the hyperalgesia associated with DL-induced paw edema. Rofecoxib was found to be superior than diclofenac and was as effective as CPH in ameliorating the hyperalgesia. However, it was found to be less effective than CPH in attenuating edema formation. (+info)
Antiinflammatory efficacy of extracts of latex of Calotropis procera against different mediators of inflammation. (5/28)The latex of the plant Calotropis procera has been reported to exhibit potent antiinflammatory activity against carrageenin and formalin that are known to release various mediators. In the present study, we have evaluated the efficacy of extracts prepared from the latex of C procera against inflammation induced by histamine, serotonin, compound 48/80, bradykinin (BK), and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in the rat paw oedema model. The paw oedema was induced by the subplantar injection of various inflammagens and oedema volume was recorded using a plethysmometer. The aqueous and methanol extracts of the dried latex (DL) and standard antiinflammatory drugs were administered orally 1 hour before inducing inflammation. The inhibitory effect of the extracts was also evaluated against cellular influx induced by carrageenin. The antiinflammatory effect of aqueous and methanolic extracts of DL was more pronounced than phenylbutazone (PBZ) against carrageenin while it was comparable to chlorpheniramine and PBZ against histamine and PGE2, respectively. Both extracts produced about 80%, 40%, and 30% inhibition of inflammation induced by BK, compound 48/80, and serotonin. The histological analysis revealed that the extracts were more potent than PBZ in inhibiting cellular infiltration and subcutaneous oedema induced by carrageenin. The extracts of DL exert their antiinflammatory effects mainly by inhibiting histamine and BK and partly by inhibiting PGE2. (+info)
Inhibition of Calotropis procera latex-induced inflammatory hyperalgesia by oxytocin and melatonin. (6/28)The latex of the wild growing plant Calotropis procera produces inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes upon accidental exposure. On local administration it elicits an intense inflammatory response due to the release of histamine and prostaglandins that is associated with hyperalgesia. In the present study we have evaluated the anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activity of oxytocin and melatonin against rat paw edema induced by dried latex (DL) of C procera and compared it with that against carrageenan-induced paw edema. Aqueous extract of DL of C procera or carrageenan (1%) was injected into the subplantar surface of the rat paw and the paw volume was measured at 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, and 24 hours. The associated hyperalgesic response and functional impairment were also evaluated concomitantly by dorsal flexion pain test, motility test, and stair climbing ability test. The inhibitory effect of oxytocin and melatonin on edema formation and hyperalgesic response was compared with dexamethasone. DL-induced edema formation was maximum at 2 hours and was associated with decreased pain threshold and functional impairment. Treatment with melatonin significantly attenuated the edematous response while both oxytocin and melatonin increased the pain threshold and improved functional parameters. Both oxytocin and melatonin significantly inhibited the hyperalgesia associated with DL-induced paw edema. Oxytocin was found to be as effective as melatonin in ameliorating the hyperalgesic response. However, it was found to be less effective than melatonin in attenuating edema formation. (+info)
Anticancer and cytotoxic properties of the latex of Calotropis procera in a transgenic mouse model of hepatocellular carcinoma. (7/28)AIM: To evaluate the anticancer property of the dried latex (DL) of Calotropis procera, a tropical medicinal plant, in the X15-myc transgenic mouse model of hepatocellular carcinoma and to elucidate its mechanism of action in cell culture. METHODS: The young transgenic mice were orally fed with the aqueous suspension of DL (400 mg/kg for 5 d/wk) for 15 wk and their liver was examined for histopathological changes at 20 wk. Serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) were also measured in these animals. To characterize the active fraction, DL was extracted with petroleum ether followed by methanol. The methanolic extract was sub-fractionated on a silica gel G column using a combination of non-polar and polar solvents and eleven fractions were obtained. Each fraction was analysed for cytotoxic effect on hepatoma (Huh7) and non-hepatoma (COS-1) cell lines and non-transformed hepatocytes (AML12) using tetrazolium (MTT) assay. Finally, the mechanism of cell death was investigated by measuring the levels of Bcl2, caspase 3 and DNA fragmentation. RESULTS: DL treatment of mice showed a complete protection against hepatocarcinogenesis. No adverse effect was observed in these animals. The serum VEGF level was significantly lowered in the treated mice as compared to control animals. Cell culture studies revealed that the methanolic extract of DL as well as its fraction 8 induced extensive cell death in both Huh-7 and COS-1 cells while AML12 cells were spared. This was accompanied by extensive fragmentation of DNA in Huh-7 and COS-1 cells. No change in the levels of canonical markers of apoptosis such as Bcl2 and caspase 3 was observed. CONCLUSION: DL of C. procera has the potential for anti-cancer therapy due to its differentiable targets and non-interference with regular pathway of apoptosis. (+info)
Latex constituents from Calotropis procera (R. Br.) display toxicity upon egg hatching and larvae of Aedes aegypti (Linn.). (8/28)Calotropis procera R. Br. (Asclepiadaceae) is a well-known medicinal plant with leaves, roots, and bark being exploited by popular medicine to fight many human and animal diseases. This work deals with the fractionation of the crude latex produced by the green parts of the plant and aims to evaluate its toxic effects upon egg hatching and larval development of Aedes aegypti. The whole latex was shown to cause 100% mortality of 3rd instars within 5 min. It was fractionated into water-soluble dialyzable (DF) and non-dialyzable (NDF) rubber-free materials. Both fractions were partially effective to prevent egg hatching and most of individuals growing under experimental conditions died before reaching 2nd instars or stayed in 1st instars. Besides, the fractions were very toxic to 3rd instars causing 100% mortality within 24 h. When both fractions were submitted to heat-treatment the toxic effects were diminished considerably suggesting low thermostability of the toxic compounds. Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of both fractions and their newly fractionated peaks obtained through ion exchange chromatography or desalting attested the presence of proteins in both materials. When submitted to protease digestion prior to larvicidal assays NDF lost most of its toxicity but DF was still strongly active. It may be possible that the highly toxic effects of the whole latex from C. procera upon egg hatching and larvae development should be at least in part due to its protein content found in NDE However the toxicity seems also to involve non protein molecules present in DF. (+info)
Aak / Madar / Calotropis gigantea)
Aak, Madar Plant (Calotropis gigantea) is a perennial shrub used in purgation and vomiting therapy. Find out Aak medicinal uses, benefits and dosage
Flow cytometric evaluation of Calotropis gigantea for determining its antimicrobial activities in infected human whole blood...
p style=margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt; text-align: justify; line-height: normal;,Introduction: Medicinal plants are considered to be safer, non-toxic and less harmful as compared to synthetic based drugs that are available. In this study, we focused on aqueous leaves extract of Calotropis gigantea for determining its antimicrobial activity in infected (dengue) human whole blood samples using flow cytometry.Methods: Infected dengue human blood samples (n = 5; confirmed on the basis of NS1 antigen to dengue virus;) were collected from pathology lab and evaluated its blood counts (lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes count); forward scatter (FSC) and side scatter (SSC) including CD14 monocyte surface marker following the use of variable doses of aqueous leaves extract of C. gigantea.Results: In this study, the results showed that aqueous leaves extract of C. gigantea caused enhancement in case of granulocytes FSC (shape and size) and SSC (granularity) counts but this aqueous extract inhibited CD14 ...
Calotropis gigantea image
Discover Lifes page about the biology, natural history, ecology, identification and distribution of Calotropis gigantea image
Antibacterial and Anatomical Analysis of Calotropis procera (aiton) Dryand from Different Areas of District Mirpur, Azad JAMMU...
Abstract This work presents antibacterial potential and anatomical investigation of Calotropis procera (Aiton) Dryand. Populations from different areas of Mirpur (Azad Jammu & Kashmir), Pakistan. In the research, three different areas (viz: Jarikus, Khaliqabad and Jatlan) were selected for population sampling (leaf parts) having no symptom of disease. Leaf powder was macerated in two solvents and tested against four pathogenic bacterial strains (Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa). The methanolic extract depicted highest zone of inhibition (ZI) values with 14.67±1 mm against Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) while aqueous extract showed good ZI (14±1 mm) against this bacterium. Extract from Jatlan sample showed highest ZI values for methanolic fraction against Staphylococcus aureus and least effect against Bacillus subtilis (13±1 mm). Against E. coli methanol showed 14.7±0.8 mm and aqueous showed 11±0.5 mm zone of inhibition. Against Pseudomonas ...
Impact of weather factors on population dynamics of Anosia chrysippus Infesting Calotropis procera, A Medicinal plant in Jammu...
The impact of weather factors on seasonal abundance and population dynamics of Anosia chrysippus, a serious pest of Calotropis procera in Jammu region was studied during August, 2010 to July, 2012.
PIP5K1C - Evolution of NADPH Oxidase Inhibitors
Objective: This study aims to isolate the active anticancer compound from ethyl acetate fraction extracted in the roots of Calotropis gigantea also to determine the operating mechanism from the isolates towards WiDr cancer of the colon cells. Bottom line: Calotroposide A induces anticancer activity against WiDr cancer of the colon cells through apoptosis induction system through extrinsic pathway with an increase of appearance of caspase-8. solid course=kwd-title Keywords: Calotropis gigantea, calotroposid A, apoptosis, WiDr cell series, cell routine arrest Launch Calotropis gigantea (C.gigantea) is a seed that grows crazy and it is widespread in Indonesia. For years, this seed continues to be typically utilized by the folks of Indonesia to remedy rashes, scabies, boils, cough, trachoma, constipation (the leaves), asthma, nausea, belly pain (the plants), syphilis, viper bites (the roots), toothache, swelling, ear inflammation, intestinal worms infestation and dysentery (Radjakmanugunsudarso ...
Calotropis - Wikipedia
Calotropis is a genus of flowering plants in the dogbane family, Apocynaceae, first described as a genus in 1810. It is native to southern Asia and North Africa. They are commonly known as milkweeds because of the latex they produce. Calotropis species are considered common weeds in some parts of the world. The flowers are fragrant and are often used in making floral tassels in some mainland Southeast Asian cultures. Fibers of these plants are called madar or mader. Calotropis species are usually found in abandoned farmland. Calotropis gigantea and C. procera are the two most common species in the genus. Calotropis gigantea grows to a height of 8 to 10 ft (2.4 to 3.0 m) while C. procera grows to about 3 to 6 ft (0.91 to 1.83 m). The leaves are sessile and sub-sessile, opposite, ovate, cordate at the base. The flowers are about 1.5 to 2 in (3.8 to 5.1 cm) in size, with umbellate lateral cymes and are colored white to pink and are fragrant in case of C. procera while the flowers of C. gigantea are ...
BUTTERFLIES OF BANGLADESH: Calotropis gigantea
Shihan, T. R. (2016). Butterflies of Bangladesh- Site of Natural Histories of Bangladeshi Butterflies. https://butterfliesofbangladesh.blogspot.com/ Accessed on DD-MM- ...
Procera XTF Review - Nope. Not very extreme. - Best 5 Supplements
The original Procera AVH is a decent 3.5-star brain supplement that lost some points for bad ethics and limited scope of nootropic activity.. (Check out our Procera AVH vs. Procera XTF review here). But the formula itself-the actual AVH nutrients-are good for boosting brain circulation, brain energy, brain oxygenation, and especially for acetylcholine. Procera XTF builds around that solid AVH core.. Of the new ingredients in XTF, Vitamin B6 and Rhodiola are viable upgrades for mood balance, brainpower and stress resistance. But they use inferior B6 and hide Rhodiolas dosage, so we cant know if its enough to work.. Green coffee bean fails. It makes XTFs formulators look bad, because green coffee is light on caffeine, and is not a nootropic-its for weight loss!. Procera XTFs other sources of caffeine look OK, but the 40 mg total caffeine dose will be roughly useless to regular coffee drinkers with tolerance.. Theres nothing extreme about Procera XTF Extreme Focus. Its OK as a mild ...
Poekilocerus pictus - Wikipedia
The grasshopper feeds on the poisonous plant Calotropis gigantea.. Upon slight pinching of the head or abdomen, the half-grown immature form ejects liquid in a sharp and sudden jet, with a range of two inches or more, from a dorsal opening between the first and second abdominal segments. The discharge is directed towards the pinched area and may be repeated several times. The liquid is pale and milky, slightly viscous and bad-tasting, containing cardiac glycosides that the insect obtains from the plant it feeds upon.. In the adult, the discharge occurs under the tegmina and collects as viscous bubbly heap along the sides of the body.. ...
Screening of Antioxidant Activity of Alcoholic Root Extract of Calotropis Gigantea R. Br.
Antioxidants are believed to quench free radicals which are unpaired and free electron making them highly reactive. Oxidative free radicals are generated by metabolic reactions creating a chain reaction leading to membrane and other lipid peroxidation, DNA damage, etc. The antioxidants interact with the free radicals and stabilize them. One major action of antioxidants in cells is to prevent damage due to the action of reactive oxygen species like hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), the superoxide ion (O2−), and free radical such as the hydroxyl ion ( OH). They may be enzymatic like the enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GPx) and catalase or non enzymatic like β- carotene, α- tocopherol and ascorbic acid ...
akund floss | plant fibre | Britannica.com
akund floss: Downy seed fibre obtained from Calotropis procera and C. gigantea, milkweed plants of the Apocynaceae family (formerly in Asclepiadaceae). Small trees or shrubs, these two species...
Literature References: African arrow poison and cardiac glycoside produced by Calotropis procera R. Br., Asclepiadaceae: Hesse et al., Ann. 566, 130 (1950). Prepn by hydrolysis of uscharin with 2N H2SO4 in methanol: Hesse et al., Ann. 537, 67 (1938); by treatment of voruscharin with mercuric chloride: Hesse, Ludwig, Ann. 632, 158 (1960). Structure: Crout et al., J. Chem. Soc. 1964, 2187. Revised structure: Brüschweiler et al., Helv. Chim. Acta 52, 2276 (1969). Stereochemistry: H. T. A. Cheung, T. R. Watson, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 1 1980, 2162. ...
Michigan Today » Food as medicine, II
References. Aghajanpour, M. et al. 2017. Functional foods and their role in cancer prevention and health promotion: A comprehensive review. American Journal of Cancer Research; 7(4):740.. Choedon, T. et al. 2006. Anticancer and cytotoxic properties of the latex of Calotropis procera in a transgenic mouse model of hepatocellular carcinoma. World Journal of Gastroenterology; 12:2517.. Ehrman, T.M. et al. 2007. Phytochemical databases of Chinese herbal constituents and bioactive plant compounds with known target specificities. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling; 47:254.. Fabricant, D.S. et al. 2001. The value of plants used in traditional medicine for drug discovery. Environmental Health Perspectives; 109(Suppl 1):69.. Ganeshan, A. 2008. The impact of natural products upon modern drug discovery. Current Opinion in Chemical Biology; 12:306.. Harvey, A.L. 2008. Natural products in drug discovery. Drug Discovery Today; 13:894.. Katiyar, C. et al. 2012. Drug discovery from plant ...
Effect of Calitropis Procera Aqueous Root Extract Against CCL 4 Induced Liver Toxicity in Rabbits | Bayero Journal of...
The hepatocurative effect of aqueous root extract of Calitropis Procera on CCl4 induced hepatotoxicity in rabbits was studied in groups of rabbit and the levels of liver enzymes; aspartate amino transferase (AST), alanine amino transferase (ALT) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Serum concentrations of total bilirubin and direct bilirubin were found to be significantly (p,0.05) higher in group induced with hepatotoxicity, with significantly (p,0.05) lower total protein and urea compared to the control group. These findings confirmed induction of hepatotoxicity. Three different dosages were orally administred (1.0g/kg, 2.5g/kg and 3.6 g/kg) twice daily for 9 days. The C. Procera root extract was found to significantly (p,0.05) reduce the serum levels of AST, ALT, and ALP, serum concentration of total bilirubin in rats with hepatotoxicity compared to the the control group and significantly (p,0.05) incerased the serum concentration of total protein and urea. These indicates the possible ...
Alluaudia Procera 48 Piece Classic Jigsaw Puzzle - JigZone.com
Alluaudia Procera 48 Piece Classic Free online jigsaw puzzles, thousands of pictures and puzzle cuts The Alluaudia procera cactus plant is spiny succulent shrub, with thick
Bede | Baby name meaning, origins & nicknames | Mumsnet
Everything you need to know about the name Bede. Find out the meaning, origins & nicknames of Bede, and decide if its right for your baby.
Clan Aiton Tartan Linked Heart Necklace
Clan Aiton - This double heart design necklace has a recess at the front where we can print your choice of tartan, choose from hundreds of clan, family and district tartans. - printed to order at ScotClans
Read Bede And The End Of Time 2012
Whether you ve signed the read bede and the end or once, if you ve your free and selected articles decisively scales will let bibliographical Loyalists that meet also for them. You tend t takes thoroughly spotlight! Your plant led an real plan.
Download Bede: The Reckoning Of Time (Liverpool University Press
1999-2016 John Wiley download; Sons, Inc. efficient, but you need reporting for page that emerges no internationally. Your spelling entered a control that this convenience could Then cut. Grass-fed, Humane, Natural, Organic, Sustainable,. Care Training and Auditing( Dr. Animal Care Training and Auditing( Dr. Professional Animal Auditor Certification Organization, Inc. 1999-2016 John Wiley finance; Sons, Inc. Your population followed a number that this box could herein share. not, but you have protecting for scholarship that provides here very. & voluntarily domestic. product enabled out - please be here. The facets are in download Bede: The Reckoning of Time (Liverpool module( in 2000): Bayern( site Supplier), Beltane( 2002), Brasspounder( 2004), Con Jitters( 2002, product), Enigmatic, EnigmaticUnicodeRegular, Fitzgerald, GangueOuais( 2002), high( 2001, with all interested works, German, PIC, and IPA), HindsightSmallCaps, HindsightRegular, HindsightMonospaceRegular, IntruderAlert, ...
Dypsis procera Jum., Ann. Inst. Bot.-Géol. Colon. Marseille , III, 6(1): 33 (1918) | PALMweb
Moderate-sized clustering (very rarely solitary) palm of forest undergrowth, tending to form diffuse colonies by few short stolons. STEMS erect, to 6 m tall, 1-2.5 cm diam., internodes 2-10 cm long, when young green, with scattered caducous brown scales. LEAVES c. 8 in crown; leaf-sheaths forming a crownshaft; sheath 17-31 cm long, 1.5-2.5 cm diam., pale green, covered in caducous red-brown scales, these frequently in irregular vertical patches c. 3-22 x 1 mm, leaf sheath mouth with irregularly tattering ligule; petiole rarely very short (3-4 cm), usually 10-25 x 0.5-0.8 cm, bearing scattered, caducous red-brown scales; rachis 38-60 cm long (?rarely more); blade entire bifid or irregularly divided into 2-8 narrow to broad leaflets; basal leaflets 43-80 x 2-15 cm, mid-leaf leaflets 25-50 x 1.2-8.5 cm, apical leaflets 23-55 x 1.5-15 cm; lamina surfaces bearing numerous minute punctiform scales along main and minor veins. INFLORESCENCE interfoliar, branched to 2 orders; peduncle 35-46 cm long, ...
Common Thread-waisted Wasp (Ammophila procera)
Characteristics, Scientific Name, Classification, Taxonomy, Territorial Claims, and pictures of the Common-Thread-Waisted-Wasp (North America)
NobelProcera® provides a full range of innovative restorative options from single units to implants and implant-supported options for edentulous areas. A wide selection of solutions for edentulous patients is available. Fixed implant bridges and fixed-removable (bar) solutions on implants are offered.. Different restorative solutions employ specific materials for aesthetics and function.. NobelProcera® products come with a 5 year product warranty. NobelProcera® milling processes follow ISO regulations.. Benefits. ...
Tainia flabellilobata, Tainia gracilis, Tainia laxiflora piyananensis, Tainia laxiflora shimadae, Tainia parvifolia, Tainia piyananensis, Tainia procera, Tainia quadriloba, Tainia shimadae ...
Classification | USDA PLANTS
Classification for Kingdom Plantae Down to Species Symphyotrichum patens (Aiton) G.L. Nesom Click on names to expand them, and on P for PLANTS profiles ...
Zoloft 50 mg opinie
Embalagens com 1, 2 e 4 comprimidos revestidos. Composição. Cada comprimido revestido de 50 mg contém: citrato de sildenafila. 50 mg. excipientes. od ponad półtora roku biorę Zoloft, od troszkę ponad roku biorę dwie tabletki dziennie (tak mi psychiatra nakazuje). Jednak . Słyszłam pozytywne opinie o Zolofcie i mam nadzieje że to bedzie tan lek, który pomoże mi uporać się z nerwicą. Już teraz czuję Ja biorę Zoloft 0,50mg dziennie już 3 miesiące. Na początku 2. Ja biore zoloft od 5miesięcy i jak narazie powiem wam że duzo mi pomógł to co było a co jest to bez porównania chodz poczatki nie były łatwe ale ostatnio mam wrazenie że jego działanie się osłabiło tzn ja biore bardzo malutka dawke bo tylko 50mg lekarz mi powiedział że jak nadal bede się tak czuć to.. ...
Fra kr. 100,00 brugt | Servicejura | Studiesalg.dk
F r du g r i gang med at s tte b ger til salg, vil vi lige bede dig oplyse et par ekstra ting!. S rg for at udfylde din by, din uddannelse, samt dit telefonnummer. Det er meget vigtigt at du g r dette med det samme.. Herefter er du klar til at s tte b ger til salg! ...
Vi bruger cookies til at gøre din oplevelse bedre. For at overholde den nye e-databeskyttelseslovgivning, er vi nødt til at bede om dit samtykke til at indstille cookies. Få flere oplysninger . ...
Tukan - Zoobest - Brands
Vi bruger cookies til at gøre din oplevelse bedre. For at overholde den nye e-databeskyttelseslovgivning, er vi nødt til at bede om dit samtykke til at indstille cookies. Få flere oplysninger . ...
Fra kr. 300,00 brugt | Organisasjonsteori | Studiesalg.dk
F r du g r i gang med at s tte b ger til salg, vil vi lige bede dig oplyse et par ekstra ting!. S rg for at udfylde din by, din uddannelse, samt dit telefonnummer. Det er meget vigtigt at du g r dette med det samme.. Herefter er du klar til at s tte b ger til salg! ...
Calotropis procera - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apple of Sodom (Calotropis procera) is a species of plant. It is also known as Roostertree. It belongs in the subfamily Asclepiadoideae.. It is native to North Africa, Central Africa, Western Asia, South Asia, and Indochina. It has been naturalized in Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and southern California.. ...
Allelopathic effect of extracts of medicinal plant on mungbean (vigna radiata l. wilczek) in vitro conditions | International...
The allelopathic effect of medicinal leaf extracts of Ocimum sanctum L., Calotropis procera(Ait.) Ait.f and Astragalus tribuloides Delile on the radical length of mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilczek) in Vitro conditions. The results indicated that different extracts such as alcoholic, aqueous acidic and alkaline extract of Ocimum sanctum L., Calotropis procera(Ait.) Ait.f and Astragalus tribuloides Delile showed different radical length of mungbean in Vitro conditions. Alcoholic extract of Ocimum sanctum L. showed highest radical effect in comparison of other extracts. The aqueous acidic extract of Calotropis procera(Ait.) Ait.f, produce considerably higher as compared to control followed by alcoholic but alkaline extract showed negative effect on radical length of mungbean. However, the alcoholic extracts of Astragalus tribuloides Delile showed positive effect than aqueous acidic extract and alkaline on the radical length of mungbean.. ...
Photo 1165-12: Ladybug on a leaf of Sodom Apple (Calotropis...Compound, Abu Hamour area. Doha, Qatar
Picture Archives - Album 1165 (Doha, Qatar, March 4 - 6, 2013) - Photo 12 (Ladybug on a leaf of Sodom Apple (Calotropis procera) in Dar Al Salam Compound, Abu Hamour area. Doha, Qatar, March 5, 2013)
Show Off Your Photos and yourGoodbye-Boy-Genius Bouquets - GardenRant
I think Turd Blossom deserves something really special for all he has done. We can also warm him up for the medal and sash he is sure to get before his creation flees to Paraguay.. I suggest he get a lei made of the inflated seed pods of Calotropis procera and the flowers of Stapelia gigantea and Illicium floridanum.. ...
Photo 1043-24: Aphids sucking toxic latex of green seed pod of...Compound, Abu Hamour area. Doha, Qatar
Picture Archives - Album 1043 (Doha, Qatar - airplane to Texas, April 13 - 16, 2012) - Photo 24 (Aphids sucking toxic latex of green seed pod of Sodom Apple (Calotropis procera...[11 words]...Salam Compound, Abu Hamour area. Doha, Qatar, April 14, 2012)
Anticonvulsant studies on a traditional antiepileptic mixture used by the Hausa people of north-western Nigeria
Background and objectives: The use of herbal drugs in the treatment of many neurological disorders is gaining popularity in developing countries due to their fewer unwanted side effects, affordability and cultural acceptability. A mixture of three plants roots Calotropis procera (Asclepediaceae), Combretum micranthum (Combretaceae) and Ficus abutilifolia (Moraceae) has been reported in Hausa traditional treatment of epilepsy. We have reported the evaluation of the acute toxicity and anticonvulsant activity of the ethanol extract of this mixture. Methods: The intra-peritoneal medial lethal dose (LD50) of the aqueous ethanol extract of the mixture as well as its anticonvulsive activity against pentylenetetrazole (PTZ), 4-amino pyridine (4-AMP) and maximum electric shock (MES) were evaluated. Results: The mixture at the doses of 25 to 100 mg/kg could not afford a significant protection to mice against PTZ and 4-AMP; however, it significantly delayed the mean onset and reduced the mean recovery time of the
Dietary specialisation in the mushroom harvesting ant Euprenolepis procera - Myrmecological News Blog
MNB: Could you briefly outline your recently published research about the mushroom harvesting ants in Myrmecological News in laymans terms? SL: There are these cool ants called Euprenolepis procera that can live on a strict mushroom diet, which is very unusual among ants. They dont grow these fungi themselves like leafcutter ants do but collect a lot of different wild-growing mushrooms in the forest. Our paper aimed to figure out possible underlying mechanisms why they would do that. We hypothesized that being specialized on mushrooms releases these ants from competition, as other ants generally do not consume wild-growing mushrooms. CVB: Previous to this study, it was clear from laboratory observations that E. procera colonies also accept food other than mushrooms such as honeywater and dead insects. However, Sofia and Volker figured out that the majority of food items in the field are mushrooms. So, we asked ourselves how to explain this discrepancy between field and laboratory food choice. ...
Ulmus procera in Flora of North America @ efloras.org
9. Ulmus procera Salisbury, Prodr. Stirp. Chap. Allerton. 391. 1796. English elm, English cork elm Trees , to 40 m; crowns open. Bark grayish brown, deeply ridged, flaking. Wood hard. Branches: old-growth branchlets with corky ridges; twigs reddish brown, villous to scabrous, old-growth branchlets with corky ridges. Buds ovoid; scales dark brown, sparsely pubescent, marginally pale-ciliate. Leaves: petiole 3-12 mm, villous to scabrous. Leaf blade broadly lanceolate-elliptic to ovate, (3-)7-10 × (3-)4-6(-10) cm, base strongly oblique, not covering petiole, margins doubly serrate, apex acute to acuminate; surfaces abaxially villous with woolly tufts in vein axils, pale in contrast to adaxial surface, adaxially dark green, glabrous to sparsely scabrous, margins not ciliate. Inflorescences dense clusters of subsessile flowers borne on lateral shoots resembling short racemes, flowers and fruits not pendulous. Flowers: calyx green to reddish purple or tan, shallowly lobed, lobes 5-8, marginally ...
Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria, Agrimonia procera) | Health24
The name agrimonia may have its origin in the Greek word agremone, which refers to plants that supposedly healed cataracts of the eye. The species name eupatoria relates to Mithradates Eupator, King of Pontus, who is credited with introducing many herbal remedies. The Doctrine of Signatures, developed in Europe in the 16th and 17th Centuries, has listed agrimony as one of the 23 substances with medicinal uses, bearing witness to the extent of its influence at the time.
Erratum: PROCERA encodes a della protein that mediates control of dissected leaf form in tomato (Plant Journal (2008) 56 (603...
Drummers Supplements For Health - Protect Hearing And Immune System - Help Coordination » New Groovin Rhythms Da GrooveLine
Alpha IQ Brain, https://alphaiqbrain.com/. Not based upon supplements for the brain from groceries is often a good begin the process of. The omega 3s in quality fish oil supplements may effective. A lot are unacquainted with how bad their deficiencies are. The F.D.A. ponders two grams a day is needed just keep even. No-one can will get anywhere near this amount from additives to bread or breakfast cereal.A study in the Archives of General Psychiatry states that Omega 3s play a key role in brain functioning and memory storage. They help protect brain cells and you can keep them healthy. They protect against disease and aging of course.Thats after i started learning about Nootropic like Procera AVH. With all the discoveries coming about right the in world of herbs and natural supplements it pays to listen up closely. Anyhow, Procera AVH is produced from an extract from the Periwinkle plant, a beautiful flower. Amazing.The fact is, a person simply were actually given this super computer when youre born
Abies procera La Graciosa | Conifers
NOTE: Due to weight cannot be shipped in a box. Nursery pickup or other special arrangements will be considered Growth Habit: mounding forms USDA Zone: 5-8 Exposure: filtered to full...
Boulder, CO Prosthodontist, Dr. Andrew Johann is dedicated to prosthodontics from prevention care to restorations and implant dentistry. We offer treatments such as dental implants, porcelain veneers, dentures and more.
Outdoor culture of Parasol Mushroom (Macrolepiota procera) (fungi forum at permies)
I found an single Parasol Mushroom growing in my yard so I figured Id try to get it into cultivation. I have a variety of locations available from full sun to full shade, though near where it was already growing would be a good bet?
Full Consciousness: Passion and Conversion in Adam Bede » Brill...
xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8?,,EVENT,,EVENTLOG,,PORTALID,brill,/PORTALID,,SESSIONID,g99za_scNj4S699lKZWCuToF.x-brill-live-02,/SESSIONID,,USERAGENT,CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/),/USERAGENT,,IDENTITYID,guest,/IDENTITYID,,IDENTITY_LIST,guest,/IDENTITY_LIST,,IPADDRESS,184.108.40.206,/IPADDRESS,,EVENTTYPE,PERSONALISATION,/EVENTTYPE,,CREATEDON,1516264978032,/CREATEDON,,/EVENTLOG,,EVENTLOGPROPERTY,,ITEM_ID,http://brill.metastore.ingenta.com/content/journals/10.1163/156852998x00304,/ITEM_ID,,TYPE,favourite,/TYPE,,/EVENTLOGPROPERTY,,/EVENT ...
Hainault Forest Website
There has been an abundance of Parasol mushrooms Macrolepiota procera in the horse field this year. (2013) Some of the caps had a diameter of 25cms, and they are very tall and easily knocked over. There is a moveable ring on the stem and the stems base is speckled. Many fungi grow in rings, some many metres across and visible in ariel surveys. Below shows a ring centered on a patch of nettles . The ring typically expands outwards over the years as nutrients are used up. Said to be edible and excellent. Photos left Michael Rumble and above Brian Ecott. 29th Sept. 2013. ...
DIR-TSO-4095 | Department of Information Resources
Solid Border, Inc. offers Information Technology Security (ITS) Hardware, Software and Services through this contract, including: Accellion, Arbor Networks, CrowdStrike, Entrust Datacard, ESET Anti-virus Products, ESET Other, including DESLock, Impulse Point, Indeni, Ixia, JAMF, NetScout, Procera Networks, Radware, RedSeal, Samsara, SolarWinds, Solid Border, Vectra Networks, BlueCat Networks, Digital Guardian, Intel Security, Rapid7, Sophos, Palo Alto Networks, Barracuda Networks, Security Products and services. Customers can purchase directly through this DIR contract. Contracts may be used by state and local government, public education, other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. Resellers are not available for this contract. DIR has exercised the automatic renewal option for this Contract. This renewal extends the contract through 2/22/2022 ...
Mammeria Gigantea seedlings?
Can anyone post me a picture or a website of pictures of mammeria gigantea seedlings? I think i got some but i dont know [img]http://www.********
Hi-Fi - Stereo Radio LoudspeakerSet @ Tools @ Smart Shop Buy dot com
At Last, Get In And Lacking Easilyit Makes Manoeuvring Into The Correct Position For Sitting And Sttanding Up Simple. The Rotating Cushion, With Diameter Of 40 Cm, Consists Of Two Parts Which Are Connected To Each Other And Can Rotate Through 360 . The Soft Padding Relics Very Comfortable Even Afger Prolonged Sitting And Easily Moulds Itself To Every Car Place Profile. It Can Also Be Used As A Single Aid Because Getting Into BedE tc. Upper Material: Velour 100% Polyester, Lower Material: Anti-slip Coatinfilling: Pu Foam, Rotating Disc Abs. loading Capacity 150 Kg. washable Up To 40 c, Whether Slightly Soiled Wipe With A Damp Cloth. dimensions: 40 Cm, Height 5 Cm, Colour:grey/ ...
Cell Signalling And Protein Sorting Flashcards by Jade Rayquaza | Brainscape
Study Cell Signalling And Protein Sorting flashcards from Jade Rayquaza's St. Bede's College class online, or in Brainscape's iPhone or Android app. ✓ Learn faster with spaced repetition.
Isthmura gigantea (Taylor 1939) - Encyclopedia of Life
Definition: A taxon is Endangered when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the \r\ncriteria A to E for Endangered, and it is therefore considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild ...
"Calotropis procera". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States ... in particular the poisonous milkweed Calotropis procera. This poisonous plant bearing tomato-like fruit is native to many ...
List of plants of Burkina Faso
Calotropis procera (Aiton) R.Br. Calyptrochilum christyanum (Rchb.f.) Summerh. Calyptrochilum emarginatum (Sw.) Schltr. ...
It feeds on Calotropis gigantea. BioLib.cz - Acalolepta nivosa. Retrieved on 8 September 2014. v t e. ...
Helen Springs Station
The Barkly Tableland and other areas of northern Australia are prone to infestations of Calotropis procera which is slowly ... "Rubber Bush (Calotropis procera) Project" (PDF). Katherine Rural Review. Northern Territory Government. 9 February 2012. ...
Wang, Z. N.; Wang, M. Y.; Mei, W. L.; Han, Z.; Dai, H. F. (2008). "A New Cytotoxic Pregnanone from Calotropis gigantea". ... The grasshopper feeds on the poisonous plant Calotropis gigantea. Upon slight pinching of the head or abdomen, the half-grown ... Mathen, C; Hardikar, B (2010). "Cytotoxic compounds from Poecilocerus pictus feeding on Calotropis gigantea". Journal of ... FEEDING ON CALOTROPIS GIGANTEA UNDER LABORATORY CONDITIONS". Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. 107 (2): 122-129. ...
Toinowate, wolna encyklopedia
Calotropis R. Brown - mleczara. *Cordylogyne E. Meyer. *Cynanchum L. - obojnik. *Diplolepis R. Brown ...
Swapan Kumar Datta
Demonstrated in vitro laticifer differentiation in Calotropis gigantea. Developed transgenic cultivars resistant to bacterial ...
It contains the toxic glycosides uscharin, calotropis and calotoxin. Uscharin is an effective pesticide for land snails. Skin ... There are also a wide range of shrubs, including spalmai (Pashto) (Calotropis gigantea), buska (Pashto) (Lepidium draba), ... Calotropis procera), grows prolifically in Shinghar. It is deadly poison if eaten, as Alexander the Great discovered when his ...
It does not seem to feed on Calotropis sp. which its close cousin P. aglea feeds on. "Upperside fuliginous black with bluish- ...
Other plants may include Citrullus colocynthis and Calotropis procera. Prehistoric settlement is evident from extant rock ...
The larvae have been recorded feeding on Calotropis procera. Cossidae of Israel Insects Associated with Milkweed Calotropis ...
The grasshopper feeds on the poisonous plant Calotropis gigantea.. Upon slight pinching of the head or abdomen, the half- ... Wang, Z. N.; Wang, M. Y.; Mei, W. L.; Han, Z.; Dai, H. F. (2008). "A New Cytotoxic Pregnanone from Calotropis gigantea". ... Mathen, C; Hardikar, B (2010). "Cytotoxic compounds from Poecilocerus pictus feeding on Calotropis gigantea". Journal of ... "STUDY OF JUVENILE AND ADULT GROWTH, AND BEHAVIOURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF POECILOCERUS PICTUS (FABRICIUS) FEEDING ON CALOTROPIS ...
Calotropis gigantea Calotropis procera Digitalis Milkweed "Haz-Map Category Details". hazmap.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 2018-04-25 ... and can be obtained or isolated from plant extracts of Calotropis gigantea and Calotropis procera. Asclepiadoideae plants are ... Ingestion is not always lethal, and plants in the genus Calotropis have long been used as a folk remedy in India. Calotropin is ... They have similar activity and are often found together in plants of the genus Calotropis. It is thought that the biosynthesis ...
Figs including Ficus sycamorus and the milkweed Calotropis procera are found. Tilapia and Clarias are found in the Kerio and ...
Inland Customs Line
Capparis decidua (kair) and Calotropis gigantea (arka plant) were also used. The customs line and hedge required a large number ...
It was first isolated from a flower of Calotropis gigantea collected in Bangkok. Its type strain is NRIC 0323T (= JCM 10715T = ...
"Structure of asclepin and some observations on the NMR spectra of Calotropis glycosides". Phytochemistry. 11 (2): 757-762. doi: ...
Tawaya: play with the round fruit calotropis or a piece of cloth. ...
Large milkweed bug
This bug also feeds on A. nivea, Sarcostemma clausa, Calotropis procera, and Nerium oleander. The southern populations often ...
The caterpillar has also been observed on Asclepias nivea, Calotropis procera, and Apocynaceae nerium. Other reported host ...
Minneriya National Park
Randia dumetorum, crotons, and Calotropis gigantea are common in abandoned chena cultivations and scrublands. Plantations of ...
Extracts of garlic and Calotropis procera are known to have Termiticidal effects on H. indicola. Subterranean termites live in ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Toxic Effects of Ak (Calotropis procera) Plant Extracts Against Termites (Heterotermes ...
In central Asia and surrounding areas they occur on Calotropis, Ziziphus, Salvadora, and Heliotropium species. A nabkha is ...
Its larval host plants are Dunbaria henryi, Lablab purpureus, cowpea, Calotropis gigantea and Ziziphus jujuba. "Species Details ...
... on Calotropis procera in Bushehr-Iran". Munis Entomology & Zoology. 4 (2): 451-456. R. L., Kitching (1999). Biology of ... Aspidoglossum interruptum Calotropis - mudar (recorded on C. gigantea, C. procera) Caralluma burchardii (recorded from Canary ...
Members of its genus feed on the seeds of various milkweed species, related Calotropis spp., and afrotropical Solanum spp. They ...
He was so hungry that he was forced to it the leaves of Arka (Calotropis gigantea). And his eyes being affected by the pungent ...
Both species visit Calotropis procera only for nectar, Retama raetam for both pollen and nectar, and Lucaena only for pollen. ... Those visited for nectar include Calotropis, Bauhinia, Crotalaria, Anisomeles, and Gmelina species and some other plants. In ... and all day in Calotropis species. X. pubescens will adjust foraging behavior accordingly. Most flower visits are short, ...
From an experiment, it was evident that aqueous solution of Calotropis gigantea leaves possess larvicidal activity, mosquito ... "Larvicidal, repellent and ovicidal activity of Calotropis gigantean against Culex gelidus, Culex tritaeniorhynchus (Diptera: ...
Desert National Park
The vegetation is sparse, and patches of sewan grass and aak shrub (Calotropis) can be seen. The landscape includes craggy ...
Calotropis - Wikipedia
... with flowers Calotropis procera fruit Calotropis procera Calotropis procera Calotropis procera Calotropis gigantea Calotropis ... USDA classification for Calotropis Calotropis procera PIER - Calotropis giantea. ... Calotropis gigantea and C. procera are the two most common species in the genus. Calotropis gigantea grows to a height of 8 to ... 1810 "Calotropis gigantea: Useful Weed". NewCROP. Purdue University. The Plant List, genus Calotropis S. Morris Kupchan; John R ...
Calotropis gigantea - Wikipedia
This family includes Calotropis gigantea and the more potent Calotropis procera. The latex of these plants has been used in ... Play media Calotropis gigantea, the crown flower, is a species of Calotropis native to Cambodia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, ... In Calotropis, gynostegium is present (formed by the fusion of stigma and androecium). The pollen are in a structure named ... Calotropis is an example of entomophily pollination (pollination by insects) and pollination is achieved with the help of bees ...
Calotropis procera - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SYNERGISTIC EFFECT OF CALOTROPIS PLANT IN CONTROLLING CORROSION OF MILD STEEL IN BASIC SOLUTION
Calotropis is used as a traditional medicinal plant with unique properties. Calotropis is used alone or with other medicinalis ... The alcoholic extracts of leaves, latex and fruit from the Calotropis procera and Calotropis gigantea are tested for corrosion ... It has been observed that the fruit extract of Calotropis procera and Calotropis gigantea has maximum inhibition efficieney ... Calotropis procera show minimum 31.77% and maximum 78.95% whereas latex shows minimum 33.41% and maximum 80.18% but fruit shows ...
Aak / Madar / Calotropis gigantea)
Calotropis gigantea) is a perennial shrub used in purgation and vomiting therapy. Find out Aak medicinal uses, benefits and ... Aak, Madar (Calotropis gigantea) - Uses, Benefits, Dosage and Properties. Arka (Calotropis gigantea) is a perennial shrub ... Aak (Calotropis gigantea) is known as "Arka" in Sanskrit. When we talk about the medicinal properties of this herb, it is ... This species of Calotropis is native to India, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillippines, Thailand, Sri Lanka, China, ...
... R.Br. Asclepiadaceae, commonly known as milkweed or swallow-wort, is a common wasteland weed (Singh et al. ... Other familiar plants of Calotropis are Milk weed or Silk weed (Asclepias syriaca L.), Butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa L.) ... Calotropis is used as a traditional medicinal plant (Rastogi and Mehrotra 1991; Oudhia and Dixit 1994; Oudhia 1999a,b,c,d) with ... 1996). Calotropis belongs to Asclepiadaceae or Milkweed or Ak family which includes 280 genera and 2,000 species of world-wide ...
Evaluation of Antiulcer and Cytotoxic Potential of the Leaf, Flower, and Fruit Extracts of Calotropis procera and Isolation of...
Paste of fresh rhizome of Curcuma domestica Valeton and mature fresh leaves of Calotropis procera (Ait.) R. Br. is boiled in...
Paste of fresh rhizome of Curcuma domestica Valeton and mature fresh leaves of Calotropis procera (Ait.) R. Br. is boiled in ... 1996). Calotropis is also a reputed Homoeopathic drug (Ghosh 1988; Ferrington 1990).. Calotropis yields a durable fiber ( ... Fermented mixture of Calotropis and salt is used to remove the hair from goat skins for production of "nari leather" and of ... Calotropis procera is a wild growing plant which has been advocated in the treatment of various diseases. We are studying the ...
Ethnopharmacology of Calotropis procera flowers. - Semantic Scholar
An ethanolic extract of the flowers of Calotropis procera was investigated for anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic and ... Calotropis procera Root Extract Has the Capability to Combat Free Radical Mediated Damage. *Shashank Kumar, Ashutosh Gupta, ... Pharmacological studies on aerial parts of Calotropis procera.. *J S Mossa, M Tariq, +4 authors S Rafatullah ... Detection of a Usp-like gene in Calotropis procera plant from the de novo assembled genome contigs of the high-throughput ...
Ocular toxicity by latex of Calotropis procera (Sodom apple) - Semantic Scholar
The latex of Calotropis procera causes significant ocular morbidity which may be preventable by simple health education. The ... We report the spectrum of ocular toxicity following accidental inoculation of latex of Calotropis procera (Sodom apple) in 29 ... Calotropis procera Root Extract Has the Capability to Combat Free Radical Mediated Damage. *Shashank Kumar, Ashutosh Gupta, ... Evaluation of the toxicopathological lesions of Calotropis procera using a chick embryonic model. *Hadi Tavakkoli, Amin ...
Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Calotropis Gigantea and Their Potential Mosquito Larvicidal Property | Abstract
Alternative control of early blight of tomato using plant extracts from Acacia nilotica , Achillea fragrantissima and ...
NOPR: Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activities of flowers of <i style="">Calotropis procera</i> (Ait) R. Br. in CCl<sub>4<...
The Calotropis Gigantea Methanolic Extract Induces Apoptosis in Human Breast Carcinoma Cells
The present study was designed to examine the effect of Calotropis gigantea methanolic extract (CGME) on the growth and ... Calotropis gigantea (family: Asclepiadaceae) has been known to contain cardiac glycosides. The C. gigantea extracts have been ... "The Calotropis Gigantea Methanolic Extract Induces Apoptosis in Human Breast Carcinoma Cells". Iranian Journal of Medical ... Background: Calotropis gigantea (family: Asclepiadaceae) has been known to contain cardiac glycosides. The C. gigantea extracts ...
De novo sequencing and assembly analysis of transcriptome in the Sodom apple ( Calotropis gigantea ) | BMC Genomics | Full Text
This study is the first report on transcriptome information in the Calotropis species and provides rich gene transcript ... serving the genetic improvement and resource utilization in Calotropis plants. ... Calotropis gigantea), a member of the Asclepiadaceae family, is a large evergreen shrub native to continental Asia and northern ... The genus Calotropis has two species: Calotropis gigantea (native to continental Asia and South-East Asia) and C. procera ( ...
Calotropis gigantea (PROTA) - PlantUse English
Calotropis gigantea and Calotropis procera (Aiton) W.T.Aiton generally have similar uses. Calotropis gigantea is mainly used in ... Calotropis comprises 3 species. Calotropis gigantea can best be distinguished from Calotropis procera by the length of the ... In Africa Calotropis gigantea is only used on a local scale. Properties. All parts of Calotropis gigantea are toxic, due to the ... In the past both Calotropis gigantea (Madar fibre) and Calotropis procera (French cotton or Akund) were cultivated and used as ...
Calotropis gigantea (L) Root: Pharmacognostic Evaluation
BUTTERFLIES OF BANGLADESH: Calotropis gigantea
Purification and Partial Characterization of Protease from Biduri (Calotropis gigantea) Latex Vol 18, No 1, 2007
Aak (Calotropis Gigantea) an Ayurvedic Plant
Seed Trading Discussion Forum -Dave's Garden
Eggplant Solanum melongena var. esculentum 'White Wizard'
Calotropis gigantia MT - Buy Calotropis gigantia MT Online - Schwabe India
Shop Calotropis gigantia MT and other homeopathic medicines online & get free delivery on order of Rs. 250 or above. Visit us ... Buy Calotropis gigantia MT online at an affordable price from Schwabe India. We offer an extensive range of homeopathy ... Calotropis gigantia MT has a great therapeutic value over asthma; ascites; cough; catarrh; chronic rheumatism; diarrhoea; ...
Extract from Calotropis procera latex activates murine macrophages<...
title = "Extract from Calotropis procera latex activates murine macrophages",. abstract = "Calotropis procera latex has long ... Extract from Calotropis procera latex activates murine macrophages. Journal of Natural Medicines. 2009 Jul;63(3):297-303. https ... Extract from Calotropis procera latex activates murine macrophages. In: Journal of Natural Medicines. 2009 ; Vol. 63, No. 3. pp ... Calotropis procera latex has long been used in traditional medicines. Extracts from C. procera latex have been reported to have ...
Herbal Therapy for Burns and Burn Scars | IntechOpen
Calotropis procera Aiton. C. procera Aiton, named as Calotropis, is native to South-west and South-East Asia and Africa and ... The result of this study suggests that Calotropis latex can be a potential source of therapeutic agents that can be used in ... In a trial study with rabbits, Calotropis latex was shown to have dual effects on wound healing. It induces florid granulation ... It is demonstrated that reduction in the quantity and width of the broad band collagens in the group treated with Calotropis ...
Aak Plant | Aak Flower | Calotropis
Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis procera R.Br. | FullTxt.Org
Free Radicals and Antioxidants-7-143 10.5530/fra.2017.2.21 Original Article Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis ... Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis procera R.Br.. ... Calotropis procera R.Br. (Family, Apocynaceae) is a toxic herb ... Calotropis procera R.Br. (Family, Apocynaceae) is a moderate evergreen herb found more or less throughout India in warm dry ... Also leaves of Calotropis procera can be also a source in drug discovery and in preparations of many herbal formulations for ...
Screening of Antioxidant Activity of Alcoholic Root Extract of Calotropis Gigantea R. Br.
Buy calotropis gigantea - plant online at Nursery Live | Best plants at lowest price
Get a Free plastic pot with calotropis gigantea - plant , All India Deli ... Buy calotropis gigantea - plant now from Indias largest online plant nursery at best price. ... Calotropis gigantea is a species of Calotropis native to Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India ... Typical uses of Calotropis gigantea Special features: Where winter hardy, grow as a hedge or train as a small tree. Where not ...
- Calotropis gigantea and C. procera are the two most common species in the genus. (wikipedia.org)
- Calotropis gigantea grows to a height of 8 to 10 ft (2.4 to 3.0 m) while C. procera grows to about 3 to 6 ft (0.91 to 1.83 m). (wikipedia.org)
- China, Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia Calotropis procera (Aiton) Dryand. (wikipedia.org)
- Extracts from the flowers of Calotropis procera have shown strong cytotoxic activity. (wikipedia.org)
- citation needed] Calotropis procera Calotropis procera branch with flowers Calotropis procera fruit Calotropis procera Calotropis procera Calotropis procera Calotropis gigantea Calotropis gigantea Floral tassels made from Calotropis flowers. (wikipedia.org)
- Apple of Sodom ( Calotropis procera ) is a species of plant . (wikipedia.org)
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to Calotropis procera . (wikipedia.org)
- The alcoholic extracts of leaves, latex and fruit from the Calotropis procera and Calotropis gigantea are tested for corrosion inhibition in basic solution by mass loss method and thermometric method. (scielo.cl)
- Other familiar plants of Calotropis are Milk weed or Silk weed ( Asclepias syriaca L.), Butterfly weed ( Asclepias tuberosa L.) and Calotropis procera (Ait. (purdue.edu)
- Evaluation of Antiulcer and Cytotoxic Potential of the Leaf, Flower, and Fruit Extracts of Calotropis procera and Isolation of a New Lignan Glycoside," Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine , vol. 2017, Article ID 8086791, 10 pages, 2017. (hindawi.com)
- Paste of fresh rhizome of Curcuma domestica Valeton and mature fresh leaves of Calotropis procera (Ait. (science20.com)
- Plesae use all medicines from Calotropis procera for topical or external applications and avoid any contact to eyees as its latex is highly damaging to the eyes. (science20.com)
- and pharmacological properties of latex of Calotropis procera. (science20.com)
- Calotropis procera is a wild growing plant which has been advocated in the treatment of various diseases. (science20.com)
- Anti-diarrhoeal activity of the latex of Calotropis procera. (science20.com)
- Ethnopharmacology of Calotropis procera flowers. (semanticscholar.org)
- An ethanolic extract of the flowers of Calotropis procera was investigated for anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic and antimicrobial activities. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pharmacological studies on aerial parts of Calotropis procera. (semanticscholar.org)
- Detection of a Usp-like gene in Calotropis procera plant from the de novo assembled genome contigs of the high-throughput sequencing dataset. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pharmacological characterization of different fractions of Calotropis procera (Asclepiadaceae) in streptozotocin induced experimental model of diabetic neuropathy. (semanticscholar.org)
- We report the spectrum of ocular toxicity following accidental inoculation of latex of Calotropis procera (Sodom apple) in 29 eyes between January 2003 and December 2006. (semanticscholar.org)
- NOPR: Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activities of flowers of Calotropis procera (Ait) R. Br. (niscair.res.in)
- This property may be attributed to the quercetin related flavonoids present in the flowers of Calotropis procera . (niscair.res.in)
- Calotropis gigantea (native to continental Asia and South-East Asia) and C. procera (native to northern Africa and southern Asia) [ 3 , 4 ]. (biomedcentral.com)
- Calotropis gigantea and Calotropis procera (Aiton) W.T.Aiton generally have similar uses. (plantnet-project.org)
- In the past both Calotropis gigantea (Madar fibre) and Calotropis procera (French cotton or Akund) were cultivated and used as a source of a strong bark fibre for string, fishing nets and cloth, and their seed floss was used for packing and stuffing, as it was too short and too light for spinning. (plantnet-project.org)
- Calotropis procera latex has long been used in traditional medicines. (elsevier.com)
- Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis procera R.Br. (fulltxt.org)
- Home Free Radical and Antioxidants, Vol 7, Issue 2, Jul-Dec, 2017 Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis procera R.Br. (fulltxt.org)
- Kenganora, Bhaskaran, Santhepete, and Hukkeri: Antioxidant Potential of a Toxic Plant Calotropis procera R.Br. (fulltxt.org)
- Calotropis procera R.Br. (fulltxt.org)
- 20 Chemical Analysis of Leaves of Weed Calotropis Procera (Ait. (123doc.org)
- The protective effect of latex of Calotropis procera in Freund's Complete Adjuvant (FCA) induced monoarticular arthritis was evaluated in rats. (qxmd.com)
- Calotropis procera (Ait. (ijpba.info)
- This evidence clearly indicates that the ethanol extracts of Calotropis Procera possess strong analgesic potential coupled with antidiarrheal efficacy which may explain the use of the plant in traditional medicine as a popular antidiarrheal and analgesic recipe. (ijpba.info)
- Akund floss , also called calotropis floss, ak, madar , or mader , downy seed fibre obtained from Calotropis procera and C. gigantea , milkweed plants of the Apocynaceae family (formerly in Asclepiadaceae ). (britannica.com)
- Fruit of the Calotropis procera . (britannica.com)
- Aphids on flower buds of Sodom Apple ( Calotropis procera ) in Dar Al Salam Compound, Abu Hamour area. (sergeev.us)
- Laboratory study on larvicidal properties of leaf extract of Calotropis procera (Family-Asclepiadaceae) against mosquito larvae. (bvsalud.org)
- Fresh leaf extract of milkweed ( Calotropis procera ) showed larvicidal properties against mosquito larvae of Anopheles stephensi, Culex quinquefasciatus and Aedes aegypti . (bvsalud.org)
- In this study, relative toxicity of Spilanthes acmella and Calotropis procera wasevaluated against adults and larvae of Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus. (who.int)
- Adult and larval stages were significantly affected by the chloroformextract of both the plants selected and observed the most potent with LC50 50.22 and 13.86mg/ml of Calotropis procera and LC50 60.94 and 25.82 mg/ml of Spilanthes acmella. (who.int)
- Calotropis procera -induced keratitis. (bvsalud.org)
- Calotropis procera produces copious amounts of latex, which has been shown to possess several pharmacological properities. (bvsalud.org)
- In the 10 cases of Calotropis procera -induced keratitis reported here, the clinical picture showed corneal edema with striate keratopathy without any evidence of intraocular inflammation. (bvsalud.org)
- Latex protein extracts from Calotropis procera with immunomodulatory properties protect against experimental infections with Listeria monocytogenes. (bvsalud.org)
- The latex from the medicinal plant Calotropis procera is often used in folk medicine against infectious and inflammatory diseases . (bvsalud.org)
- تأثیر همزمان شیره خشک گیاه استبرق (Calotropis procera (Willd. (ac.ir)
- در این مطالعه سعی شد تا به خواص ضد دیابتی شیره خشک گیاه استبرق ( Calotropis procera (Willd. (ac.ir)
- The impact of weather factors on seasonal abundance and population dynamics of Anosia chrysippus , a serious pest of Calotropis procera in Jammu region was studied during August, 2010rnto July, 2012. (entomoljournal.com)
- Abstract This work presents antibacterial potential and anatomical investigation of Calotropis procera (Aiton) Dryand. (tpcj.org)
- These findings depict that leaves of Calotropis procera (Aiton) Dryand have good antibacterial activity confirming the past ethnomedicinal folklore applications of the plant and this result findings can be used as source of novel drug development from such herbal therapeutic products. (tpcj.org)
- Artemisia herba-alba, Calotropis procera and Azadirachta indica against local isolates of M. putrefaciens obtained from sheep of different regions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The results showed that the methanolic extract of Artemisia herba-alba exhibited prominent antimycoplasmal activity at 30 mg by producing maximum zone of inhibition (15.4+-0.52 mm) against all the tested isolates followed by Calotropis procera and Azadirachta indica with inhibition zones of 14+-0.58 and 11+-0.7 mm, respectively. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Glycosides of Calotropis procera R. Br. (springer.com)
- Response Surface Methodology towards Optimization of Calotropis Procera Essential oil Extraction by using Supercritical CO2. (benthamscience.com)
- Anti-tumor studies with extracts of Calotropis procera (Ait. (niscair.res.in)
- 1996). Calotropis belongs to Asclepiadaceae or Milkweed or Ak family which includes 280 genera and 2,000 species of world-wide distribution but most abundant in the sub-tropics and tropics, and rare in cold countries. (purdue.edu)
- Background: Calotropis gigantea (family: Asclepiadaceae) has been known to contain cardiac glycosides. (ac.ir)
- The Sodom apple ( Calotropis gigantea ), a member of the Asclepiadaceae family, is a large evergreen shrub native to continental Asia and northern Africa. (biomedcentral.com)
- The latex of Calotropis gigantea contains cardiac glycosides, fatty acids, and calcium oxalate. (wikipedia.org)
- The main objectives of this research we to purify protease from biduri (Calotropis gigantean) latex and its partial characterization in relation with this application in the food processing. (ipb.ac.id)
- The analgesic and anthelmintic activities of the new protease fraction Calotropain-G extracted from the latex of the plant Calotropis gigantea Linn. (tsijournals.com)
- full citation needed][full citation needed] However, extracts of Calotropis failed to produce any detrimental effects on weeds such as Chenopodium album, Melilotus alba, Melilotus indica, Sphaeranthus indicus, and Phalaris minor. (wikipedia.org)
- Calotropis is a genus of flowering plants in the family Apocynaceae, first described as a genus in 1810. (wikipedia.org)
- The alcoholic extract of Calotropis is found effective corrosion inhibitor in basic media and give up to 80.89% efficiency. (scielo.cl)
- The Calotropis extract was obtained by dried, then finally powdered and extracted with boiling ethanol. (scielo.cl)
- The present study was designed to examine the effect of Calotropis gigantea methanolic extract (CGME) on the growth and apoptosis in human breast carcinoma cell line (MCF-7 cells).Methods: The study was conducted in Aurangabad (India) from 16 February to 10 June 2015. (ac.ir)
- Screening of Antioxidant Activity of Alcoholic Root Extract of Calotropis Gigantea R. Br. (kppub.com)
- The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of ethanol extract of Calotropis gigantea leaves against the adhesion of Streptoccocus mutans to the acrylic base. (trisakti.ac.id)
- Results of analysis of LC-MS / MS of Calotropis gigantea extract showed the presence of isorhamnetin glycosides, saponins, amino acids, choline, alkaloids and glycosides anthraquinon. (trisakti.ac.id)
- Calotropis species are considered common weeds in some parts of the world. (wikipedia.org)
- Calotropis species are usually found in abandoned farmland. (wikipedia.org)
- Species Calotropis acia Buch. (wikipedia.org)
- Comparison of Calotropis and Asclepias species. (purdue.edu)
- This study is the first report on transcriptome information in the Calotropis species and provides rich gene transcript resources for conducting further studies on understanding the molecular basis of fiber and secondary metabolite biosynthesis, serving the genetic improvement and resource utilization in Calotropis plants. (biomedcentral.com)
- To our knowledge, this study is the first report on characterizing the complete transcriptome data in the genus Calotropis , serving as a valuable resource for novel gene discovery, molecular marker development and genetic improvement in practice. (biomedcentral.com)
- Classification for Kingdom Plantae Down to Genus Calotropis R. Br. (usda.gov)
- India Calotropis gigantea (L.) Dryand. (wikipedia.org)
- Calotropis yields a durable fiber (commercially known as bowstring of India) useful for ropes, carpets, fishing nets, and sewing thread. (wikipedia.org)
- Calotropis gigantea is mainly used in Africa and South-East Asia by immigrants from India, and the uses have thus spread. (plantnet-project.org)
- In India, Thailand, the Philippines and Hawaii the long-lasting flowers of Calotropis gigantea are used in various floral arrangements in temples and in rosaries. (plantnet-project.org)
- Aak (Hindi) Plant / Flower / Aak Fruit (Dodi) or Calotropis plant (English) is found in Rajasthan or Western Part of India mostly apart from most parts of the world in dry, sandy and alkaline soils and warm climate. (rajasthangk.net)
- Calotropis is used as a traditional medicinal plant with unique properties. (scielo.cl)
- China, Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Middle East, North Africa formerly included Calotropis sussuela, synonym of Hoya imperialis The milky exudation from the plant is a corrosive poison. (wikipedia.org)
- In Vietnam, Calotropis gigantea is planted as a hedge plant. (plantnet-project.org)
- C Calotropis gigantea is a plant that is beneficial to health, but research on its application in the dentistry is still very little. (trisakti.ac.id)
- The grasshopper feeds on the poisonous plant Calotropis gigantea . (wikipedia.org)
- All parts of Calotropis gigantea are toxic, due to the presence of several cardiac glycosides (cardenolides). (plantnet-project.org)
- full citation needed] Fungicidal which is far effective than oinmentand insecticidal properties of Calotropis have been reported. (wikipedia.org)
- 1996). Fungicidal and insecticidal properties of Calotropis have been reported (Ganapathy and Narayanasamy 1993). (purdue.edu)
- Calotropis gigantea has also been tested for use in the paper pulp fabrication, and as a source of methane, through anaerobic fermentation for biofuel production, although its potential is limited due to its invasive properties. (plantnet-project.org)
- Calotropis gigantea is native to continental Asia and South-East Asia and has been introduced in the Pacific Islands, Australia, Central and northern South America and Africa as an ornamental near villages and temples and as a weed. (plantnet-project.org)
- Calotropis-glycosides , presumed partial structure. (springer.com)
- A fermented mixture of Calotropis and salt is used to remove the hair from goat skins for production of nari leather and from sheep skins to make leather which is much used for inexpensive book binding. (wikipedia.org)
- Based on clinical presentation, a diagnosis of linear milia en plaque was made. (jove.com)