Semen: The thick, yellowish-white, viscid fluid secretion of male reproductive organs discharged upon ejaculation. In addition to reproductive organ secretions, it contains SPERMATOZOA and their nutrient plasma.Semen Analysis: The quality of SEMEN, an indicator of male fertility, can be determined by semen volume, pH, sperm concentration (SPERM COUNT), total sperm number, sperm viability, sperm vigor (SPERM MOTILITY), normal sperm morphology, ACROSOME integrity, and the concentration of WHITE BLOOD CELLS.Buffers: A chemical system that functions to control the levels of specific ions in solution. When the level of hydrogen ion in solution is controlled the system is called a pH buffer.Semen Preservation: The process by which semen is kept viable outside of the organism from which it was derived (i.e., kept from decay by means of a chemical agent, cooling, or a fluid substitute that mimics the natural state within the organism).Sperm Motility: Movement characteristics of SPERMATOZOA in a fresh specimen. It is measured as the percentage of sperms that are moving, and as the percentage of sperms with productive flagellar motion such as rapid, linear, and forward progression.Sperm Count: A count of SPERM in the ejaculum, expressed as number per milliliter.Spermatozoa: Mature male germ cells derived from SPERMATIDS. As spermatids move toward the lumen of the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES, they undergo extensive structural changes including the loss of cytoplasm, condensation of CHROMATIN into the SPERM HEAD, formation of the ACROSOME cap, the SPERM MIDPIECE and the SPERM TAIL that provides motility.Infertility, Male: The inability of the male to effect FERTILIZATION of an OVUM after a specified period of unprotected intercourse. Male sterility is permanent infertility.Ejaculation: The emission of SEMEN to the exterior, resulting from the contraction of muscles surrounding the male internal urogenital ducts.Insemination, Artificial: Artificial introduction of SEMEN or SPERMATOZOA into the VAGINA to facilitate FERTILIZATION.Fertility: The capacity to conceive or to induce conception. It may refer to either the male or female.Cryopreservation: Preservation of cells, tissues, organs, or embryos by freezing. In histological preparations, cryopreservation or cryofixation is used to maintain the existing form, structure, and chemical composition of all the constituent elements of the specimens.Asthenozoospermia: A condition in which the percentage of progressively motile sperm is abnormally low. In men, it is defined as Sperm Banks: Centers for acquiring and storing semen.Oligospermia: A condition of suboptimal concentration of SPERMATOZOA in the ejaculated SEMEN to ensure successful FERTILIZATION of an OVUM. In humans, oligospermia is defined as a sperm count below 20 million per milliliter semen.Tromethamine: An organic amine proton acceptor. It is used in the synthesis of surface-active agents and pharmaceuticals; as an emulsifying agent for cosmetic creams and lotions, mineral oil and paraffin wax emulsions, as a biological buffer, and used as an alkalizer. (From Merck, 11th ed; Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1424)Andrology: A scientific or medical discipline concerning the study of male reproductive biology, diseases of the male genital organs, and male infertility. Major areas of interest include ENDOCRINOLOGY; SPERMATOGENESIS; semen analysis; FERTILIZATION; CONTRACEPTION; and CRYOPRESERVATION.Vasectomy: Surgical removal of the ductus deferens, or a portion of it. It is done in association with prostatectomy, or to induce infertility. (Dorland, 28th ed)Hydrogen-Ion Concentration: The normality of a solution with respect to HYDROGEN ions; H+. It is related to acidity measurements in most cases by pH = log 1/2[1/(H+)], where (H+) is the hydrogen ion concentration in gram equivalents per liter of solution. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed)Insemination, Artificial, Heterologous: Human artificial insemination in which the semen used is that of a man other than the woman's husband.Varicocele: A condition characterized by the dilated tortuous veins of the SPERMATIC CORD with a marked left-sided predominance. Adverse effect on male fertility occurs when varicocele leads to an increased scrotal (and testicular) temperature and reduced testicular volume.Seminal Vesicle Secretory Proteins: The secretory proteins of the seminal vesicles are proteins and enzymes that are important in the rapid clotting of the ejaculate. The major clotting protein is seminal vesicle-specific antigen. Many of these seminal vesicle proteins are under androgen regulation, and are substrates for the prostatic enzymes, such as the PROSTATE-SPECIFIC ANTIGEN, a protease and an esterase.Masturbation: Sexual stimulation or gratification of the self.Cervix Mucus: A slightly alkaline secretion of the endocervical glands. The consistency and amount are dependent on the physiological hormone changes in the menstrual cycle. It contains the glycoprotein mucin, amino acids, sugar, enzymes, and electrolytes, with a water content up to 90%. The mucus is a useful protection against the ascent of bacteria and sperm into the uterus. (From Dictionary of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1988)Acrosome: The cap-like structure covering the anterior portion of SPERM HEAD. Acrosome, derived from LYSOSOMES, is a membrane-bound organelle that contains the required hydrolytic and proteolytic enzymes necessary for sperm penetration of the egg in FERTILIZATION.Sexual Abstinence: Refraining from SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.Cryoprotective Agents: Substances that provide protection against the harmful effects of freezing temperatures.Freezing: Liquids transforming into solids by the removal of heat.Testis: The male gonad containing two functional parts: the SEMINIFEROUS TUBULES for the production and transport of male germ cells (SPERMATOGENESIS) and the interstitial compartment containing LEYDIG CELLS that produce ANDROGENS.Cattle: Domesticated bovine animals of the genus Bos, usually kept on a farm or ranch and used for the production of meat or dairy products or for heavy labor.Libido: The psychic drive or energy associated with sexual instinct in the broad sense (pleasure and love-object seeking). It may also connote the psychic energy associated with instincts in general that motivate behavior.HEPES: A dipolar ionic buffer.Genitalia, Male: The male reproductive organs. They are divided into the external organs (PENIS; SCROTUM;and URETHRA) and the internal organs (TESTIS; EPIDIDYMIS; VAS DEFERENS; SEMINAL VESICLES; EJACULATORY DUCTS; PROSTATE; and BULBOURETHRAL GLANDS).Manuals as Topic: Books designed to give factual information or instructions.Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.Genital Diseases, Male: Pathological processes involving the male reproductive tract (GENITALIA, MALE).Sperm-Ovum Interactions: Interactive processes between the oocyte (OVUM) and the sperm (SPERMATOZOA) including sperm adhesion, ACROSOME REACTION, sperm penetration of the ZONA PELLUCIDA, and events leading to FERTILIZATION.Insemination, Artificial, Homologous: Human artificial insemination in which the husband's semen is used.Virus Shedding: The expelling of virus particles from the body. Important routes include the respiratory tract, genital tract, and intestinal tract. Virus shedding is an important means of vertical transmission (INFECTIOUS DISEASE TRANSMISSION, VERTICAL).Scrotum: A cutaneous pouch of skin containing the testicles and spermatic cords.Seminal Vesicles: A saclike, glandular diverticulum on each ductus deferens in male vertebrates. It is united with the excretory duct and serves for temporary storage of semen. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)Swine: Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).Antelopes: Any of various ruminant mammals of the order Bovidae. They include numerous species in Africa and the American pronghorn.Pregnancy Rate: The ratio of the number of conceptions (CONCEPTION) including LIVE BIRTH; STILLBIRTH; and fetal losses, to the mean number of females of reproductive age in a population during a set time period.Testosterone: A potent androgenic steroid and major product secreted by the LEYDIG CELLS of the TESTIS. Its production is stimulated by LUTEINIZING HORMONE from the PITUITARY GLAND. In turn, testosterone exerts feedback control of the pituitary LH and FSH secretion. Depending on the tissues, testosterone can be further converted to DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE or ESTRADIOL.Sperm Retrieval: Procedures to obtain viable sperm from the male reproductive tract, including the TESTES, the EPIDIDYMIS, or the VAS DEFERENS.HIV-1: The type species of LENTIVIRUS and the etiologic agent of AIDS. It is characterized by its cytopathic effect and affinity for the T4-lymphocyte.Periodicals as Topic: A publication issued at stated, more or less regular, intervals.Herpes Simplex: A group of acute infections caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 or type 2 that is characterized by the development of one or more small fluid-filled vesicles with a raised erythematous base on the skin or mucous membrane. It occurs as a primary infection or recurs due to a reactivation of a latent infection. (Dorland, 27th ed.)Herpesvirus 1, Human: The type species of SIMPLEXVIRUS causing most forms of non-genital herpes simplex in humans. Primary infection occurs mainly in infants and young children and then the virus becomes latent in the dorsal root ganglion. It then is periodically reactivated throughout life causing mostly benign conditions.Simplexvirus: A genus of the family HERPESVIRIDAE, subfamily ALPHAHERPESVIRINAE, consisting of herpes simplex-like viruses. The type species is HERPESVIRUS 1, HUMAN.Publishing: "The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.
As an immunological pre-test for semen in a sample of sexual assault can be carried out using the identical sample. First of ... decision whether the process of a differential extraction is worth the time and efforts is possible due to gradual buffer ...
Xanthene dye pH buffer Sodium azide Diff-Quik solution II (basophilic) Thiazine dye pH buffer Demay: The Art and Science of ... WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen - 5th ed. 2010. ...
These alkaline bases counteract and buffer the acidic environment of the vaginal canal, and protect DNA inside the sperm from ... Semen quality is a measure of the ability of semen to accomplish fertilization. Thus, it is a measure of fertility in a man. It ... Viruses in semen survive for a long time once outside the body.[medical citation needed] The presence of blood in semen or ... SUNY Podcast - Semen study results Hyena, Hank (August 21, 2000). "The quest for sweet semen". Salon.com. Salon Media Group, ...
... is a liquid diluent which is added to semen to preserve its fertilizing ability. It acts as a buffer to protect ... Semen extenders should not be confused with drugs or nutritional supplements designed to increase the volume of semen released ... Antibiotics are almost universal in semen extenders, especially those being used for shipping or freezing semen. Ticarcillin ( ... as well as providing nutrients and cooling buffers if the semen is to be cooled. In the case of freezing extenders, one or more ...
It is one of the components of Test yolk buffer medium used for refrigeration of semen and transport. Goldberg, R.; Kishore, N ... TES is used to make buffer solutions. It has a pKa value of 7.550 (I=0, 25°C). It is one of the Good's buffers and can be used ... Lennen, R. (2002). "Thermodynamic Quantities for the Ionization Reactions of Buffers" (PDF). J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data. 31: 231- ... to make buffer solutions in the pH range 6.8-8.2. ...
The objectives of the attack were an attempt of creating the "Black Buffer" from Chita to Primorye and prevention of ... Dmitriy Shilov (April 22, 1920 to August 18, 1920) Semen Seryshev (August 18, 1920 to November 24, 1920) The Encyclopedia of ...
During acute infection the virus is shed by various routes, including semen, and the isolation of PPV from semen of naturally ... Higher HA titers have been recorded when the diluent used in the test was veronal buffer rather than phosphate-buffered saline ... Semen may be contaminated externally, as for example with viruscontaining feces, or within the male reproductive tract. The ... The same would apply if initial infection were through contaminated semen. As a result, any combination or all of the sequelae ...
Sygen, live boar supplier to pork farmers (pig semen cannot be frozen) was bought by bull breeder Genus plc which provided GM- ... "ANZ ups Dalgety stake as buffer". The Canberra Times. 63, (19,622). Australian Capital Territory, Australia. 29 June 1989. p. ... Genus, now a world leader in animal genetics, developed sexed semen which provided only female calves saving the slaughter of ... free bull semen to cattle farmers. Genus, based in Crewe, had grown from the dissolved Milk Marketing Board acquiring MMB's ...
A separate set of enzymes and transporters also plays a buffering role by eliminating acetyl-CoA from inside mitochondria ... "Antioxidant supplements and semen parameters: An evidence based review". International Journal of Reproductive Biomedicine. 14 ...
Forensic scientists can use DNA in blood, semen, skin, saliva or hair found at a crime scene to identify a matching DNA of an ... and it may act as a buffer to recruit or titrate ions or antibiotics. Extracellular DNA acts as a functional extracellular ...
The ancient Sumerians believed that rain was the semen of the sky-god An, which fell from the heavens to inseminate his consort ... which acts as a buffer in acid rain and raises the pH. The Köppen classification depends on average monthly values of ...
According to Semen Semenchenko, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko agreed with pro-Russian rebels to use a corridor to ... The nine-point document established a 30 km buffer zone dividing the warring factions, where all weapons with a calibre ... Late in the evening, Semen Semenchenko, the commander of Donbass Battalion claimed on his Facebook page that his forces and ... The commander of the Donbas Battalion, Semen Semenchenko, was wounded in battle in the town of Ilovaisk. Minister of Internal ...
... is the practice of reducing the number of fetuses in a multiple pregnancy, say quadruplets, to a twin or singleton pregnancy. The procedure is also called multifetal reduction. The procedure is most commonly done to reduce the number of fetuses in a multiple pregnancy to a safe number, when the multiple pregnancy is the result of use of assisted reproductive technology; outcomes for both the mother and the babies are generally worse, the higher the number of fetuses. The procedure is also used in multiple pregnancies when one of the fetuses has a serious and incurable disease, or in the case where one of the fetuses is outside the uterus, in which case it is called selective termination. The procedure generally takes two days; the first day for testing in order to select which fetuses to reduce, and the second day for the procedure itself, in which potassium chloride is injected into the heart of each selected fetus under the guidance of ultrasound imaging. Risks ...
In June the Right-Bank Colonels Semen Paliy and Andrii Abazyn utterly defeated the Tatar horde in the battle for the little ... When the Horde came to an end in 1502 the buffer[which?] between Crimea and its northern neighbors disappeared. The Khans took ... Joining forces with khvastovsky (?с хвастовским полковником) Colonel Semen Paliy, Yacob Lizogub with a Cossack corps marched to ... removing the buffer between Crimea and Muscovy (about 700 miles north). The Crimean-Russian alliance was broken in 1506, in ...
... holds an important religious significance in many cultures. The ancient Sumerians believed that rain was the semen of ... which acts as a buffer in acid rain and raises the pH. ...
According to the Re/Search Guide to Bodily Fluids (Paul Spinard, 1994), the average man produces about 3.5 mL of semen per ... Semen contra, ∨ Semen cinae or cynae, a strong aromatic, bitter drug, imported from Aleppo and Barbary, said to consist of the ... Se"men (?), n.; pl. Semina (#). [L., from the root of serere, satum, to sow. See Sow to scatter seed.] 1. Bot. The seed of ... Composition of semen:. *sperm *fructose *water *ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) *citric acid *various and sundry enzymes *phosphate * ...
Wolters-Everhardt E, Dony JM, Lemmen WA, Doesburg WH, De Pont JJ: Buffering capacity of human semen. Fertil Steril 1986; 46:114 ... Templeton AA, Cooper I, Kelly RW: Prostaglandin concentrations in the semen of fertile men. J Reprod Fertil 1978; 52:147-150. * ... Palm F, Walter I, Budik S, Kolodziejek J, Nowotny N, Aurich C: Influence of different semen extenders and seminal plasma on PMN ... Bouhlal H, Chomont N, Haeffner-Cavaillon N, Kazatchkine MD, Belec L, Hocini H: Opsonization of HIV-1 by semen complement ...
Freezing buck semen diluted in amine-organic buffers. Animal Production, 56: 387-391 ... Effects of amine organic buffers for semen dilution on fertility of does. Small Ruminant Research,11: 57-64 ...
... and ZIKV was isolated from his semen. ZIKV transmission by sexual intercourse has been previously suspected. This observation ... from 200 μL of blood and from 500 μL of semen and urine; both were eluted by 50 μL of elution buffer. We used 5 μL of RNA ... We collected blood and semen samples. Direct and macroscopic examinations of the semen confirmed hematospermia. We extracted ... then a second set of blood and semen samples. Semen and urine from this second collection were not found to contain traces of ...
2. transport semen 3. provide site for fertilization 4. gestation 5. parturition 6. estrous cycling (start over) ... buffers. contribute to volume of semen 8 function of the sigmoid flexure and retractor penis muscle ...
Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases). *Zinc. Can swallowing semen enrich a protein poor diet? Unless youre gulping ... With the added knowledge of the nutrient-rich human semen, it makes some kind of sense. Not that abstinence or containment is ... Contrary to what youve heard, semen is not loaded with calories. Each teaspoon of ejaculate has about five to seven calories ... Since sperm make up only about one percent of semen, what accounts for the other 99 percent? Well, its other ingredients ...
73.5 million worth of premium pig semen. The agreement was brokered with the help of British Prime Minister David Cameron, who ... Beijing also runs a national frozen pork reserve to try to buffer shocks in market prices. ... The pig semen, both frozen and fresh, will reportedly be flown in starting early next year. Four artificial insemination ... "This new deal to export pig semen will mean Britains best pigs will help sustain the largest pig population in the world." ...
Solutions used to prepare semen for analysis .... More information Easy buffer C. Buffer solution for preparing bacterial count ... Animal insemination Embryo transfer Semen analysis and Leja slides Gloves and protection - Polysem and IMV Semen traceability ... Semen analysis. The products available in our semen analysis line allow you to analyse the concentration, motility and ... This ready-to-use cell staining kit is used to asses the total number of bacteria in semen ... ...
Solutions used to prepare semen for analysis .... More information Easy buffer C. Buffer solution for preparing bacterial count ... Animal insemination Embryo transfer Semen analysis and Leja slides Gloves and protection - Polysem and IMV Semen traceability ... Semen analysis. In our semen analysis line, you will find all the products allowing you to analyse the equine sperm motility ... We provide you solutions to study the stallion semen analysis results and evaluate its quality, which will facilitate the rest ...
1 mL of neat semen was washed twice in 0.2 M phosphate buffered (. ). We spread 20 μL of sperm pellet on glass slides, and ... Semen Analysis. Basic semen analysis consisted in the measurement of semen volume, sperm concentration (hemocytometer method), ... Smears were fixed with a solution of 3% buffered glutaraldehyde in 0.2 M phosphate buffer (. ) for 30 minutes. Slides were then ... Collection of Semen Samples. Semen samples were collected by masturbation after 3-5 days of sexual abstinence and allowed to ...
... semen. My youngest patient was 13 he was sexually active; many of the patients I see are in their 20s through to 80+, so its ... Citrate as a buffer or chelator of cations. Sperm Transport (anion citrate) ... small volumes may be due to reflux of semen up into the bladder (bladder neck problems can cause this for example). When semen ... Semen Liquefaction. Inflammation of the prostate is very common and it has been reported that as many as one in two men will ...
What gland releases the HCO3 buffer for the vagina in the semen? ... What releases the bulk of the nutrients as well as prostaglandins for smooth muscle contraction in semen? ...
Briefly, 200 μl of semen were mixed with 1.8 ml of lysis buffer and frozen until use. Nucleic acids were extracted using a ... Viral load quantitation by NASBA™ in semen. Quantitation of HIV-1 RNA in semen was performed by using a NASBA™ HIV-1 RNA QT kit ... Administration orally in a physiologically acceptable buffered solution is preferred. The buffered solution may be used for one ... Semen of patients FC, SH and BM was tested at 141, 176, and 214 days from onset of symptoms, respectively, and HIV-1 RNA was ...
The semen and saliva specimens were diluted (v/v) in phosphate buffered saline and centrifuged; all supernatants were stored at ... in semen and HIV-1 RNA levels in semen and blood: evidence for compartmentalization of HIV-1 between semen and blood. J Infect ... is globally more marked for saliva than for semen. The absence of a correlation between viral loads in semen and saliva is an ... A total of 46 sets of samples of blood, semen and saliva were taken on the same day from 40 HIV-1-infected men (aged 21-64 ...
... fresh semen was diluted in 112 µl of dilution buffer. Next, a 100 µl aliquot of diluted semen was transferred to a new ... 1972 Brief observations on the semen and spermatozoa of certain passerine and non-passerine birds. J. Reprod. Fert. 29, 327-336 ... Semen was collected in a 10 µl capillary tube and immediately used for analysis of intracellular ATP concentration. Any samples ... 3-5 µl of the diluted semen was placed in a pre-heated microscopy counting chamber (depth 20 µm; Leja, Nieuw-Vennep, the ...
You semen volume pills permanent the continue I clearing cream bleaching.. Styling hit these brush to buffer Oil premature ...
Semen stains localization is an important challenge and a prerequisite to genetic identification during forensic investigations ... Phosphate Buffer Saline (PBS) tablets were purchased from Applichem GmbH (Darmstadt, Germany). ... As previously, saliva, blood, vaginal secretion, urine and faeces were tested but this time in the presence of semen. The semen ... Finally, genetic analysis was demonstrated to be fully compatible with the semen detection technique, for semen sampling but ...
BufferGel has sufficient buffer capacity to acidify twice its own volume in human semen, which inactivates STD pathogens, ...
It is one of the components of Test yolk buffer medium used for refrigeration of semen and transport. Goldberg, R.; Kishore, N ... TES is used to make buffer solutions. It has a pKa value of 7.550 (I=0, 25°C). It is one of the Goods buffers and can be used ... Lennen, R. (2002). "Thermodynamic Quantities for the Ionization Reactions of Buffers" (PDF). J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data. 31: 231- ... to make buffer solutions in the pH range 6.8-8.2. ...
These data confirm that the adapted method is a reliable, improved tool for NAG analysis in human semen. ... Both methods have been tested in parallel on 144 semen samples, obtained from 94 patients/donors and 50 vasectomized men ( ... Changes include modified enzyme reaction buffer composition and usage of an alternative enzyme inhibitor for background ... Changes include modified enzyme reaction buffer composition and usage of an alternative enzyme inhibitor for background ...
Carbopol 974P, the buffering agent in BufferGel, is a high molecular weight, cross-linked, polyacrylic acid used as a gelling ... Formulated at vaginal pH (pH 3.9), BufferGel prevents or limits the semen-induced rise in vaginal pH. ... BufferGel, a vaginal spermicide and microbicide, is an acidic buffer that maintains the vagina at or near its natural state of ...
Semen*Semen, not to be confused with seaman, is the fluid that sperm cells swim in. ... Prostate gland secretes an alkaline buffer that neutralizes the acidic environment of the vagina. ...
Compatible with multiple sample matrices including DBS, buffer, serum, and semen. *Stability studies confirm product is stable ...
These alkaline bases counteract and buffer the acidic environment of the vaginal canal, and protect DNA inside the sperm from ... Semen quality is a measure of the ability of semen to accomplish fertilization. Thus, it is a measure of fertility in a man. It ... Viruses in semen survive for a long time once outside the body.[medical citation needed] The presence of blood in semen or ... SUNY Podcast - Semen study results Hyena, Hank (August 21, 2000). "The quest for sweet semen". Salon.com. Salon Media Group, ...
To detect XMRV, semen samples were diluted 1:1 with buffer and centrifuged to remove cells, yielding seminal plasma. Total ... To determine if XMRV could be transmitted in semen, I would obtain semen samples from patients known to be infected with the ... Then I would co-culture total semen and seminal plasma with LNCaP cells to amplify any virus present, followed by PCR to detect ... The semen samples were subjected to centrifugation, which removes all cells, including spermatozoa, epithelial cells, and ...
PhosphateEjaculateExtenderVaginaSpermatozoaBufferGelParametersMorphologyContains TEST-yolk bufferExtendersHEPESInseminationFertilityHuman spermMotilityFrozenPooled semen samplesSperm CellsDepositionMan'sSpecimensAlkalineFluidBoar semenKnown as hematospermiaCryopreservationVaginal pHLactic acidConcentrationBlood and semenPresent in semenNormal semenInfertileEnzymesIntercourseFresh semenQualityGlycerolCleavageYolkEmbryosAnalysisPolymeraseBacterial growthArtificially inseminatedSalivaApoptosisCharacteristicsMotile spermGenetic
- After assessing the quality of semen for normal parameters, the MTT assay was carried out in phosphate buffer saline. (scielo.org.za)
- First and second aliquot were washed either with phosphate buffered saline (PBS) or normal saline (NS). (thefreedictionary.com)
- Goat ovaries were obtained from a slaughterhouse and transported to the laboratory in a flask of NaCl at temperature of 31 - 34°C. Oocytes were aspirated from 2 - 6 mm of follicles into a 3 mL syringe (23G needle) that contained Dulbecco's Phosphate-Buffered Saline. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- 2 M semen dihydrogen phosphate R add 46. (obyxova.ru)
- a phosphate buffered saline diluent used for the storage of fertilized sheep and goat ova. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Semen is what constitutes ejaculate in men. (everything2.com)
- This reader identifies the ejaculate before semen analysis. (imv-technologies.com)
- After ejaculation, the latter part of the ejaculated semen coagulates immediately, forming globules, while the earlier part of the ejaculate typically does not. (wikipedia.org)
- Semen extenders are used to create multiple insemination doses from a single ejaculate and contain buffers and nutrients suitable for storage of spermatozoa. (dovepress.com)
- These extenders are used to create multiple insemination doses from a single ejaculate and contain buffers and nutrients, which provide spermatozoa a congenial environment that maintains their preservation capabilities and viability for 3 or more days postcollection. (dovepress.com)
- Semen (meaning seed in Latin), male ejaculate, or "cum," is a combination of seminal fluid and mature sperm (spermatozoa), which is ejaculated through the urethra during the male orgasm. (ucsb.edu)
- For more about the properties of semen, specifically taste and how to change it, see swallowing your partner's ejaculate . (ucsb.edu)
- While a typical ejaculate from fertile men may contain up to 500 million sperm, the testes contribute 5% or less of the volume of semen. (ucsb.edu)
- Theriogenologists typically recommend low centrifugation speeds for separating equine semen from seminal plasma in ejaculate, as it was unknown whether higher speeds would damage the cells. (thehorse.com)
- Bacterial growth in stored semen is presumed to be controlled by addition of an extender to the semen, a liquid medium containing nutrients, buffering agents, and antibiotics. (akcchf.org)
- Dr. Kustritz will evaluate whether growth of aerobic, anaerobic and mycoplasma species will be controlled in semen extended with commercial canine extender when held at refrigerator (5C) or room (20C) temperatures for up to 48 hours. (akcchf.org)
- More specifically, a sample of semen is diluted in warm extender or buffered saline, and about 10 to 20 microliters of this sample is pipetted onto a clean, prewarmed microscope slide. (colostate.edu)
- TEST-yolk buffer is a semen extender and cryobuffer that can be paired with glycerol to achieve high sperm motility and viability. (irvinesci.com)
- In conclusion, semen of Boer goat to be preserved with extender containing egg yolk should be removed seminal plasma. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- BufferGel, a vaginal spermicide and microbicide, is an acidic buffer that maintains the vagina at or near its natural state of mild acidity. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- It is postulated that the initial clotting helps keep the semen in the vagina, while liquefaction frees the sperm to make their journey to the ova. (wikipedia.org)
- Prostate gland secretes an alkaline buffer that neutralizes the acidic environment of the vagina. (powershow.com)
- IsoFresh uses AN ADVANCED pH BUFFERING SYSTEM of lactic acid, sodium lactate, and sodium hydroxide to help bring the vagina into a healthy, acidic range to support optimal vaginal health - free of odor and irritation, and promoting healthy bacterial balance. (fairhavenhealth.com)
- Fresh semen samples from breeding Nili-Ravi buffalo bulls (n = 20) were collected using an artificial vagina. (scielo.org.za)
- if you're having penis-in-vagina intercourse without using a condom, know that semen substantially alters the pH of the vagina (our stuff is alkaline, and their stuff buffers that, which is great for reproduction, but not so wonderful for keeping the vagina in balance). (scarleteen.com)
- BufferGel is a microbicidal spermicide that provides sufficient buffering activity to maintain the mild, protective acidity of the vagina in the presence of semen. (drugbank.ca)
- Sperm are acid-sensitive, so to assure fertility, semen provides a powerful alkalinizing action that abolishes the protective acidity of the vagina for several hours after intercourse. (drugbank.ca)
- However, both the seminal fluid and the cervical mucus in the posterior vagina are alkaline, which provides a buffering effect and a decrease in the environmental acidity after ejaculation can be maintained for up to two hours. (news-medical.net)
- Semen of two Boer goats were collected using an artificial vagina. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- Semen, also known as seminal fluid, is an organic fluid that may contain spermatozoa. (wikipedia.org)
- Zavos, P.M. and Graham, E.F. Supercooling effects on motility and fertility of turkey spermatozoa as compared between two different buffers. (zavos.org)
- Goodpasture, J.C., Zavos, P.M., Cohen, M.R. and Zaneveld, L.J.D.: Effects of various conditions of semen storage on the acrosin system of human spermatozoa. (zavos.org)
- The fraction containing motile spermatozoa was washed twice in buffer and introduced into the woman's uterus through a catheter. (cdc.gov)
- The morphological features of raw spermatozoa were evaluated (by Phase Contrast microscopy) after staining with Eosin-Nigrosin mixture or Nigrosin (alone), or after fixation with Hancock's buffered formol saline solution. (tubitak.gov.tr)
- In other cases where only partial semen recovery is noted, the inseminator must use judgment based on the concentration of the semen, estimated total spermatozoa numbers and the percent recovered. (vin.com)
- Cryopreservation of Human Spermatozoa: Comparison of TEST-Yolk Buffer and Glycerol. (irvinesci.com)
- Comparison between human sperm preservation medium and TEST-yolk buffer on protecting chromatin and morphology integrity of human spermatozoa in fertile and subfertile men after freeze-thawing procedure. (irvinesci.com)
- The effect of a two-hour, room temperature incubation of human spermatozoa in TEST-yolk buffer on the rate of fertilization in Vitro. (irvinesci.com)
- Diluted-semen were preserved in refrigerator at 5oC, and quality of the spermatozoa including motile spermatozoa (MS), live spermatozoa (LS), and intact plasma membrane (IPM) were evaluated every day for four days. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- Raw semen was evaluated every 3 hours for the percentage of motile spermatozoa, live spermatozoa and IPM using the hypo-osmotic test, and for IAC using triphan blue. (tropentag.de)
- A semen sample will always contain a mixture of functional and non-functional spermatozoa. (vitrolife.com)
- To obtain a good fertilisation rate and resulting good quality embryos, the semen sample needs to be prepared so that the spermatozoa of highest quality can be obtained and used for fertilisation. (vitrolife.com)
- To determine semen quality an assessment step is used at which motility and number of spermatozoa is determined. (vitrolife.com)
- BufferGel has sufficient buffer capacity to acidify twice its own volume in human semen, which inactivates STD pathogens, including HIV. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Formulated at vaginal pH (pH 3.9), BufferGel prevents or limits the semen-induced rise in vaginal pH. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- 6-9 As a buffering agent, Carbopol 974P releases hydrogen ions (the active ingredient in BufferGel), which prevents an increase in vaginal pH normally caused by the alkalinizing effects of semen. (nih.gov)
- By blocking this action of semen, BufferGel prevents unwanted pregnancy, and shows promise for prevention of STDs, including HIV/AIDS. (drugbank.ca)
- We purpose to evaluate firstly the relationship among chromatin maturity assessed by aniline blue staining (AB) and the semen parameters in infertile men. (hindawi.com)
- I. Relationship of human serum and seminal prolactin levels to semen parameters. (zavos.org)
- Here, we demonstrate a paper-based microfluidic approach to quantify male fertility potential, simultaneously measuring 3 critical semen parameters in 10 min: live and motile sperm concentrations and sperm motility. (aaccjnls.org)
- Abnormalities in any of these semen parameters will help in the diagnostic process of male fertility. (andrology.org)
- Semen parameters such as initial concentration, motility, and viscosity will dictate which method should be used, thus requiring andrology laboratories to be proficient in several protocols. (andrology.org)
- Donor selection: Educational qualification, Family Medical history, Family education history, Genetic history and Semen parameters. (hitechcryobank.com)
- Analyse duck sperm motility and morphology with our products available in our semen analysis line. (imv-technologies.com)
- With the semen sample, investigation was done for volume, total sperm counts, sperm motility grading and abnormal sperm morphology. (alliedacademies.org)
- As a result, numerous authors have suggested an introduction of sperm DNA damage testing into the andrological laboratory workup as an independent tool as DNA fragmentation apart from normal sperm morphology appears to be a reliable and more robust parameter than conventional semen analysis due to its low biological variability and thus is a useful biomarker that should be implemented in any andrological diagnostic workup [ 19 - 21 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Studies have shown that the proportion of sperm in the cervical mucus and uterine fluid that have a healthy morphology is significantly greater than in the original semen. (news-medical.net)
- Therefore, The present study investigates whether RF-EMR at a frequency of 900 MHz can trigger sperm cell apoptosis and affect semen morphology, concentration, and microstructure. (biomedcentral.com)
- Freezing Medium TYB contains TEST-yolk buffer (TYB) to recover more motile sperm post-thaw than glycerol-only media (Hallak 2000, Nallella 2004). (irvinesci.com)
- Refrigeration Medium TYB with Gentamicin contains TEST-yolk buffer as the protecting agent, and the glycerol-free formulation avoids the potentially damaging effects from penetrating cryoprotectants. (irvinesci.com)
- A volume of 10 mL of pooled semen collected from four mature crossbred (Landrace × Large White) boars was stored in 12 different extenders containing 1.0%, 1.5%, and 2.0% per liter each of honey, sugarcane juice, tomato juice, and pineapple juice. (dovepress.com)
- Semen collected from boars is ultimately diluted in any one of a variety of commercially available boar semen extenders. (dovepress.com)
- Among the commercially available boar semen extenders are Beltsville TS, Androhep + , Mulberry III, Acromax, X-CELL, Seminark, Vitasem LD, etc, 3 - 6 and most of them are either short- or long-term preservation media. (dovepress.com)
- 6 The addition of antibiotics to semen extenders is a common feature in commercial extenders, usually aimed at avoiding bacteria growth in extended semen. (dovepress.com)
- To date there are no studies in the dog documenting control of growth of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, and mycoplasma through use of antibiotics in commercially available canine semen extenders. (akcchf.org)
- All fresh chilled semen samples are handled in a similar manner, however, many different commercial companies sell packaging kits and extenders. (vin.com)
- 1980. The study of semen extenders and some reproductive performance of boar. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The cellular pellet was washed and recentrifuged twice in a HEPES* buffer and introduced into the woman's uterus through a catheter placed in her cervix. (cdc.gov)
- The evaluation of the extractions from the stains extracted in 1X HEPES buffer indicated that the dilution that was closest to the 4ng PSA/ml internal standard was the stain prepared with a 1:100 semen dilution. (factbites.com)
- Bicarbonate and HEPES buffered medium containing silane-coated, colloid silica particles. (vitrolife.com)
- SpermRinse is a HEPES buffered medium for sperm preparations. (vitrolife.com)
- We provide differents solutions with innovative software to study duckl semen analysis results and evaluate its quality and its fertility potential, which will facilitate the rest of the insemination process. (imv-technologies.com)
- To investigate the methods used to prepare semen from these men for insemination, semen from five HIV-infected men with hemophilia was processed in the same (Continued on page 255)laboratory using both procedures reported here. (cdc.gov)
- one reported a couple who had conceived without HIV-1 transmission after insemination with processed semen. (cdc.gov)
- Increasing breeding infrastructure: current requirement of artificial insemination doses for entire milch animal population is more than 740 million, against that merely 10% semen doses are available. (fnbnews.com)
- Current developments in swine semen: preservations, artificial insemination and sperm sexing. (koreascience.or.kr)
- 1988. Artificial insemination of swine: Fecundity of boar semen stored in Beltsville TS BTS, Modified Modena MM, or MR-A and inseminated on one, three and four days after collection. (koreascience.or.kr)
- When it comes to the quality of cooled shipped semen for artificial insemination (AI), all semen collection centers are not equal. (thehorse.com)
- Since artificial insemination is currently practiced in most equine breeds (except Thoroughbreds), processing semen for cooling and transport is a common task in most equine reproductive centers. (thehorse.com)
- The addition of the evaluation of sperm head maturity to routine semen analysis improves the assessment of fertility in men [ 11 ]. (hindawi.com)
- Thus, alterations in expression levels or post-translational modifications of specific proteins could alter sperm functions, potentially optimizing semen fertility. (frontiersin.org)
- Semen analysis is critical for determining male fertility potential, but conventional testing is costly and complex. (aaccjnls.org)
- Skakkebaek and his colleagues tested 29 of the 31 UV filters allowed in sunscreens in the U.S. or the European Union (EU) on live, healthy human sperm cells, from fresh semen samples obtained from several healthy donors. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- This concept is rarely used for evaluating animal semen, but is the norm for describing human sperm motility. (colostate.edu)
- A comparative study on TEST-yolk buffer and human sperm preservation medium on post thaw characteristics of human sperm from pre-freeze specimens. (irvinesci.com)
- 1984. Development of an assay to assess the functional integrity of the human sperm membrane and its relationship to other semen characteristics. (koreascience.or.kr)
- The semen samples were observed under a microscope every hour to determine sperm motility by scoring. (dovepress.com)
- The other proportions of some semen samples showed a weak relationship between the eosinnigrosine method (r = -0.32), hypo-osmotic swelling test (r = -0.12) and motility (r = -0.08). (scielo.org.za)
- When analyzing motility, it is important to know whether the semen sample has been abused in any way. (colostate.edu)
- However, as the semen drop warms gradually, side to side motility becomes noted. (vin.com)
- The pig semen, both frozen and fresh, will reportedly be flown in starting early next year. (latimes.com)
- Beijing also runs a national frozen pork reserve to try to buffer shocks in market prices. (latimes.com)
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is commonly used to induce ovulation in cycling mares and is often used to synchronize ovulation in mares being inseminated with frozen semen. (selectbreeders.com)
- Since the American Kennel Club's recognition of litters conceived from frozen semen in 1981 and the subsequent acceptance and fresh chilled semen, practioners are being asked more frequently to assist clients with maximizing conception rates using these breeding techniques. (vin.com)
- The ultra-short life span makes success with frozen semen only possible with precise mapping of the bitch's estrous cycle with definitive detection of the lh release and the exact time of ovulation. (vin.com)
- Unfortunately, occasional mishandling by the shipping company or by the shipper placing the semen package in a non-pressurized compartment of the airplane will cause the sample to arrive frozen. (vin.com)
- Frozen semen does require even more precise handling than fresh cooled semen. (vin.com)
- Frozen semen will usually be shipped in a dewer with nitrogen vapor keeping the sample frozen rather than with actual liquid nitrogen in the container. (vin.com)
- Matured oocytes were fertilized with capacitated frozen thawed-semen and incubated on 39°C, 5% CO2, and 95% humidity for 5 hours. (journaltocs.ac.uk)
- The eruption of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano has closed airports and canceled flights in Europe, leading to the suspension of equine frozen semen shipments at the height of the breeding season. (thehorse.com)
- Judicial mix of men and machinery, our company has been able to mark its strong presence in the market as one of the well equipped manufacturers and supplier of Frozen Semen Sample of Donor's. (hitechcryobank.com)
- Semen, not to be confused with seaman, is the fluid that sperm cells swim in. (powershow.com)
- The sperm cells underwent testing in a buffer solution that resembled the conditions in female fallopian tubes. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- A buffer is a chemical that balances out the PH, neutralizing the acidity caused by urine passage in the tracts - this acidity would kill the sperm cells. (easydna.com.au)
- Semen is mostly water, but it also contains amino acids and protein, sugars, minerals, and in fertile men sperm cells! (ucsb.edu)
- Zavos, P.M. and Hemken, R.W.: Site of semen deposition and subsequent fertilization rates in synchronized, superovulated Holstein cows. (zavos.org)
- Zavos, P.M., Johns, J.T., Heersche, G. and Miksch, D.E.: Site of semen deposition and subsequent conception in synchronized and artificially inseminated (AI) beef heifers. (zavos.org)
- the actual amount is determined by a man's age (younger men usually make more semen), when he last ejaculated, and how long he's aroused before ejaculating, among other factors. (columbia.edu)
- Note that a pink hue may indicate the presence of blood in a man's semen - a condition known as hematospermia. (ucsb.edu)
- A man's semen contains hormones known as prostaglandins which can initiate labour. (huggies.co.nz)
- The practical diagnostic applicability of the assay was evaluated with clinical samples consisting of semen and organ specimens from experimentally infected animals. (asm.org)
- Only semen specimens from donors who test negative for the semen CMV culture or PCR, or who are IgM antibody negative for CMV are released for use. (canamcryo.com)
- The seminal vesicles produce a yellowish viscous fluid rich in fructose and other substances that makes up about 70% of human semen. (wikipedia.org)
- Once the semen enters the ductus epididymis the principal cells, which contain pinocytotic vessels indicating fluid reabsorption, secrete glycerophosphocholine which most likely inhibits premature capacitation. (wikipedia.org)
- The MPs are found to have a high mucoadhesion (~50 folds at a higher ratio, and ~20 folds at a lower ratio of mucin: MPs) compare to non-layered sodium alginate MPs in both vaginal fluid and semen fluid simulant buffers. (umsystem.edu)
- The fluid medium into which sperm are released is called semen. (news-medical.net)
- Semen is a semi-transparent fluid that may be white, gray, or slightly yellow in color. (ucsb.edu)
- Both the coagulation and liquefaction of semen are the result of chemical reactions between the different components of the fluid, for which the seminal vesicles and prostate are chiefly responsible (in respective order). (ucsb.edu)
- The fluid acts as a buffer and absorbs much of the pressure and force which is a part of lovemaking. (huggies.co.nz)
- We collected blood and semen samples. (cdc.gov)
- We tested blood and semen RNA extracts using real-time reverse transcription PCR (rRT-PCR) as described using 2 primers/probe amplification sets specific for ZIKV ( 3 ). (cdc.gov)
- Three days later, we collected a urine sample, then a second set of blood and semen samples. (cdc.gov)
- This test can be either based on the intrinsic fluorescence of semen traces, upon light excitation (mini-CrimeScope) and/or based on the detection of the acid phosphatase activity present in semen. (omicsonline.org)
- The virus is present in semen as cell-free or as cell-associated virus (mononuclear cells) (Kiessling, F St 58:667, 1992). (gfmer.ch)
- Hence, assessing the fraction of a sperm population that is motile is perhaps the most widely-used measure of semen quality. (colostate.edu)
- As the drop warms on the slide, the accompanying paperwork with the semen collector's evaluation of the semen quality. (vin.com)
- Therefore, 2 experiments (EXP) were conducted to evaluate impacts of B. subtilis on poultry semen quality. (deepdyve.com)
- Semen pH and the sperm quality index (SQI) were obtained at 0 and 10 min post dilution to analyze effects of exposure length. (deepdyve.com)
- In conclusion, neither direct exposure of sperm nor dietary exposure of roosters to B. subtilis alters sperm quality, possibly because this bacterium is indigenous to the rooster's reproductive tract and semen. (deepdyve.com)
- Initial semen analysis begins with an assessment of semen quality. (andrology.org)
- However, large farms like ours are facing procedural hurdles in obtaining licences for importing live animals, semen (including sexed semen), embryos, vaccines, fodder, etc. specifically meant for these cattle. (fnbnews.com)
- Permit import of semen (including sexed semen), embryos & live animals for captive use under OGL. (fnbnews.com)
- Microscopic analysis is the first step in semen analysis. (imv-technologies.com)
- Fifty-one ejaculates were investigated by semen analysis and stained for chromatin condensation with AB to distinguish between unstained mature sperm and stained immature sperm. (hindawi.com)
- Routine semen analysis is the basic analysis in the exploration of male infertility. (hindawi.com)
- Although, the contribution of the semen analysis is limited on the assessment of some important criteria implicated in the sperm functional potential. (hindawi.com)
- Within forensic labs worldwide and more particularly in the French "Institut National de Police Scientifique", one of the first step in the identification of semen traces is the orientation method which rapidly enables the localization of semen traces, subsequently sampled for DNA analysis [ 1 ]. (omicsonline.org)
- These data confirm that the adapted method is a reliable, improved tool for NAG analysis in human semen. (mdpi.com)
- Semen analysis to quantify these factors is the cornerstone of male infertility diagnosis ( 6 ) and also plays a critical role in monitoring male contraception after vasectomy to ensure permanent sterility ( 7 ). (aaccjnls.org)
- Conventional techniques for semen analysis include counting chambers, computer-assisted sperm analysis (CASA) 3 ( 8 ), and vitality assays such as dye exclusion or hypotonic swelling ( 4 , 9 ). (aaccjnls.org)
- All these current semen analysis techniques suffer from limitations that prevent their widespread application: testing procedures are long and complex and require expensive equipment, and the results are subjective, varying from clinician to clinician ( 13 , 14 ). (aaccjnls.org)
- A low-cost and rapid test for semen analysis, suitable for both clinical and self-diagnosis, would have substantial implications for patient care. (aaccjnls.org)
- If menstrual history, sexual history, physical examination findings of the couple and semen analysis report are normal the couple may be reassured, counselled and requested to report back if there is no conception within 2 years of cohabitation ( if the age of woman is more than thirty years, then take the period as 1 year of cohabitation. (healthlibrary.com)
- The andrology session began with a discussion by Dr. Gail Prins of the components and techniques for a complete semen analysis. (andrology.org)
- Factors such as sexual abstinence, technique of sample production, container for sample collection, temperature, and time to analysis can greatly affect the accuracy of a semen analysis. (andrology.org)
- Therefore, a motion analysis must be made on a separate, undiluted aliquot of semen. (andrology.org)
- Computer Assisted Semen Analysis (CASA) is an additional option for sperm quantitation and motion analysis, which provides an objective, consistent analysis and expands the description of sperm motion characteristics. (andrology.org)
- After semen analysis according to WHO criterias, each semen sample was divided into two portions. (bioline.org.br)
- In addition, whereas the quantification of HIV-1 in the semen and the impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy (ART) on the viral load of seminal plasma have been relatively well documented [6- , similar features have not been studied so extensively in the saliva compartment. (lww.com)
- A total of 46 sets of samples of blood, semen and saliva were taken on the same day from 40 HIV-1-infected men (aged 21-64 years) after written informed consent was obtained. (lww.com)
- However, four men exhibited a higher viral load in semen than in blood and another subject tested positive for HIV-1 RNA only in the saliva. (lww.com)
- 0.05), but none was found between saliva and semen. (lww.com)
- Since vitrification-thawing could demolish membrane phospholipid asymmetry (11), and it can be postulated that, in general, sperms are more susceptible to damage in subfertile men (8), the aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of the vitrification on apoptosis of sperms in semen from fertile and subfertile men. (bioline.org.br)