An independent sultanate on the northeast coast of Borneo. Its chief products are oil and natural gas. Its name is Hindi, coming from the Sanskrit bhumi, land or region. It gave its name Brunei to Borneo. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p183 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p82)
Explaining the abundance of ants in lowland tropical rainforest canopies. (1/26)The extraordinary abundance of ants in tropical rainforest canopies has led to speculation that numerous arboreal ant taxa feed principally as "herbivores" of plant and insect exudates. Based on nitrogen (N) isotope ratios of plants, known herbivores, arthropod predators, and ants from Amazonia and Borneo, we find that many arboreal ant species obtain little N through predation and scavenging. Microsymbionts of ants and their hemipteran trophobionts might play key roles in the nutrition of taxa specializing on N-poor exudates. For plants, the combined costs of biotic defenses and herbivory by ants and tended Hemiptera are substantial, and forest losses to insect herbivores vastly exceed current estimates. (+info)
Biomechanics of ant adhesive pads: frictional forces are rate- and temperature-dependent. (2/26)Tarsal adhesive pads enable insects to hold on to smooth plant surfaces. Using a centrifuge technique, we tested whether a "wet adhesion" model of a thin film of liquid secreted between the pad and the surface can explain adhesive and frictional forces in Asian Weaver ants (Oecophylla smaragdina). When forces are acting parallel to the surface, pads in contact with the surface can slide smoothly. Force per unit pad contact area was strongly dependent on sliding velocity and temperature. Seemingly consistent with the effect of a thin liquid film in the contact zone, (1) frictional force linearly increased with sliding velocity, (2) the increment was greater at lower temperatures and (3) no temperature dependence was detected for low-rate perpendicular detachment forces. However, we observed a strong, temperature-independent static friction that was inconsistent with a fully lubricated contact. Static friction was too large to be explained by the contribution of other (sclerotized) body parts. Moreover, the rate-specific increase of shear stress strongly exceeded predictions derived from estimates of the adhesive liquid film's thickness and viscosity. Both lines of evidence indicate that the adhesive secretion alone is insufficient to explain the observed forces and that direct interaction of the soft pad cuticle with the surface ("rubber friction") is involved. (+info)
Tuberculosis peritonitis in Negara Brunei Darussalam. (3/26)INTRODUCTION: Tuberculosis peritonitis (TBP) is uncommon and symptoms can be non-specific. Local data are lacking and our aim is to review our local experience with TBP. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Between the period of 1996 to 2004, there were 10 [male: 6; mean age, 48 +/- 18.5 years (range, 26 to 73)] cases of histologically documented TBP. Comparisons were made with pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) patients. RESULTS: The overall prevalence ranged from 0% to 1.01% of all TB infections. The median duration of symptoms before diagnosis was 2 months (range, 3 days to 24 months). Five patients (50%) had comorbid conditions and 3 patients (30%) had a history of positive contact. Presenting symptoms were abdominal distension (70%), abdominal pain (60%), fever (60%), anorexia (60%) and weight loss (40%). Two patients had pulmonary symptoms: cough/dyspnoea (n = 1) and cough (n = 1). Chest x-ray changes consistent with PTB were seen in 30%. TBP was diagnosed by laparoscopy (n = 6), laparotomy (n = 3) and blind peritoneal biopsy (n = 1). Adverse effects of TB drugs occurred in 80%, consisting of hepatitis (n = 4), nausea/vomiting (n = 2), rash (n = 1) and encephalopathy (n = 1). Haemoglobin (P = 0.026) and serum albumin levels (P = 0.002) were significantly lower in TBP patients. There was a significantly greater number of adverse effects (P <0.001). There were no significant differences between TBP and PTB with regard to age, non-specific symptoms (weight loss, anorexia and fever) and erythrocyte sedimentation rate. All were treated with standard regimes and there were no mortalities. CONCLUSIONS: TBP is uncommon in our population. TBP patients had significantly lower haemoglobin and serum albumin levels. They also experienced more adverse events during treatment. There were no differences in non-specific symptoms between TBP and PTB. (+info)
A preliminary study of dengue infection in Brunei. (4/26)The purpose of this study was to examine the extent of dengue infection in Brunei and to determine the predominant serotype circulating in the country. The study generated useful epidemiological data on dengue infection in Brunei. A total of 271 samples from patients suspected of having dengue infections were selected and analyzed. All patients were seen in clinics and hospitals in Brunei. The samples were collected from April 2005 to April 2006 and transported to the WHO Collaborating Centre for Arbovirus Reference and Research, University of Malaya, Malaysia. The following tests were used to achieve the objectives: in-house IgM-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, virus isolation in mosquito albopictus cell line (C6/36), and viral RNA detection and serotyping by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). The results show that 45 people were positive for dengue-specific IgM (27 males and 18 females), while RT-PCR detected dengue viral RNA in 12 patients, 3 identified as DEN-1 and 9 as DEN-2. Dengue virus was isolated from 6 patients using the C6/36 cell line; 3 were DEN-2 isolates and 3 were DEN-1 isolates. These data show that dengue virus is circulating in Brunei and the predominant infecting serotype for that period was DEN-2 followed by DEN-1. This study is the first to report the detection and isolation of dengue virus from Brunei using RT-PCR and culture in the C6/36 albopictus mosquito cell line. (+info)
Pattern of peritoneal permeability in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients in Brunei. (5/26)OBJECTIVE: Peritoneal permeability may be dissimilar in different populations. The present study identified the pattern of peritoneal permeability in continuous ambulatory dialysis (CAPD) patients treated at the Department of Renal Medicine, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei Darussalam. METHODS: Data were collected from patients on CAPD in 2001 (n = 65). Four children were excluded from the study. The remaining 61 patients underwent a 4-hour peritoneal equilibration test (PET) as prescribed by Twardowski et al. For those patients, adequacy of dialysis (Kt/V) was estimated. A retrospective analysis of the peritoneal membrane characteristics of those CAPD patients was also conducted. The membrane characteristics were compared with the urea clearance results. RESULTS: Of the 61 patients, 40 were non diabetic, and 21 (34.43%) were diabetic. More than half of our patients (55.74%) had membranes classified as high-average, followed by low-average (22.95%), high (18.03%), and low (3.28%). When the patient population was grouped separately into non diabetic and diabetic patients, peritoneal permeability differed between the groups (p = 0.000585). No relationship was observed between weekly Kt/V and transport characteristics in the group with diabetes (p = 0.219306), the group without diabetes (p = 0.74179), or the entire patient population (p = 0.376832) CONCLUSION: We conclude that peritoneal permeability among Bruneian CAPD patients is probably different from that among patients from other regions of Asia (more than half of our Bruneian patients had a peritoneal membrane classified as high average). We believe that the observed difference may be related to a difference in ethnicity. In general, patients with diabetes have a highly permeable membrane. Adequacy of dialysis had no correlation to PET results in our study. A larger prospective study is required to confirm our findings. (+info)
Medico-social problems in Bruneian dialysis patients. (6/26)OBJECTIVE: Our objective in the present study was to identify the medico-social problems in dialysis patients at the Department of Renal Medicine, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei Darussalam. PATIENTS AND METHODS: We retrospectively analyzed the social problems encountered by the patients in our dialysis program during the period January 2001 to June 2002. During that period, 285 patients were on hemodialysis (HD), and 65 patients were on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD). We made 302 referrals to the medical social unit. RESULTS: Of the 302 cases referred to the medical social unit, 35 (11.59%) were referred for welfare assistance from government or service clubs. Home assessments were conducted on 85 occasions (28.15%) during the study period. The HD section referred 18 (5.96%) patients to the medical social unit for assistance with employment- or work-related problems. The medical social unit also helped patients to settle medical bills (2 cases), acquire prosthetic equipment (9 cases), and obtain approval for housekeeping services applications (6 cases). Our medical social workers (MSWs) solved all 18 employment-related problems referred in HD cases. No cases were referred to the MSWs from the CAPD section for similar problems. It seems that employment-related problems are fewer in CAPD patients than in HD patients. However, long-term studies are required to confirm our findings. CONCLUSION: The MSWs helped to improve the quality of life in patients undergoing dialysis in Brunei. (+info)
Prevalence of active Helicobacter pylori infection among patients referred for endoscopy in Brunei Darussalam. (7/26)INTRODUCTION: The prevalence of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection has been reported to vary between and even within countries. We retrospectively assessed the prevalence among patients referred for endoscopy in our local setting. METHODS: 4,700 patients, who had endoscopy and H. pylori testing for the first time over a five-year period, were reviewed. RESULTS: The mean age was 45.4 +/- 17.1 years (male 51.1 percent), with racial breakdown similar to the national breakdown. The main indications for endoscopy were dyspepsia (59.6 percent), anaemia (12.6 percent), gastrointestinal bleeding (9.4 percent) and gastro-oesophageal reflux (7.6 percent). The overall prevalence of H. pylori was 26.9 percent, highest in the 30-39 years (30.3 percent) age group. This was higher in males compared to females (30.3 percent versus 23.3 percent, p-value is less than 0.001). Among the racial groups, the expatriate (35.3 percent, p-values are less than 0.001) and the indigenous (31.3 percent, p-values are less than 0.001) groups had significantly higher prevalence rates compared to the Malays (25.9 percent) and the Chinese (23.2 percent). Patients with dyspepsia had the highest prevalence (29.8 percent) compared to the other indications. In patients with peptic ulcer disease, the prevalence rate was 46.9 percent. Over the five-year period, there was a decline in prevalence from 32.3 percent to 25.6 percent. This trend was seen in the Malays and the Chinese, but not the indigenous and the expatriate groups. CONCLUSION: Similar to reported data from the regions, prevalence of H. pylori infection varies, with the Malays and the Chinese having the lowest prevalence rate. The prevalence among those with peptic ulcer disease was lower than reported. There was also a decline in the overall prevalence. (+info)
Longevity, lignin content and construction cost of the assimilatory organs of Nepenthes species. (8/26)(+info)
History for Brunei Darussalam 2009, p. 80. History for Brunei Darussalam 2009, p. 81. A History of Brunei (2002). A History of ... History for Brunei Darussalam 2009, p. 21. History for Brunei Darussalam 2009, p. 96. A History of Brunei (2002). A History of ... Brunei is divided into four districts (daerah), namely Brunei-Muara, Belait, Tutong and Temburong. Brunei-Muara District is the ... The government of Brunei has also promoted food self-sufficiency, especially in rice. Brunei renamed its Brunei Darussalam Rice ...
The reverse has a "1" inside a circle with "SULTANATE OF BRUNEI 1304". Money portal Brunei dollar Coins of the Brunei dollar ... The first coinage used in Brunei were Chinese coins which were first type of coins to be referred to as the pitis in Brunei. ... Old Brunei Coins - last retrieved 7 June 2008 Currency Gallery Brunei Darusslam - last retrieved 7 June 2008 Image of Kue coins ... Before the introduction of coins to Brunei, Cowrie shells were used as bartering currency in purchasing small items. Brunei is ...
"Kampong Limbongan, Tamoi, Brunei Muara: BL1312 , Brunei Postcode". brn.postcodebase.com. Retrieved 2018-04-13. "A beacon of ... Villages in Brunei-Muara District, All stub articles, Brunei geography stubs). ... Limbongan was a neighbourhood in Kampong Ayer, the riverine stilt settlement in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei. It ... "Limbongan" is the former spelling of the Malay word "limbungan" which literally means 'dockyard'. "Brunei Postal Services - ...
The Brunei dollar (sign: B$, Malay: ringgit Brunei, currency code: BND), has been the currency of the Sultanate of Brunei since ... Economy of Brunei Brunei pitis "Brunei". Central Intelligence Agency. 1 July 2022. Archived from the original on 21 July 2015. ... the Singapore dollar is accepted in Brunei. Early currency in Brunei included cowrie shells. Brunei is also famous for its ... The Brunei dollar is issued by the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (Monetary Authority of Brunei Darussalam). Under a ...
Umar, Jamil (2000). Tarsilah Brunei The Early History of Brunei Up To 1432 AD. Bandar Seri Begawan: Brunei History Centre. p. ... Greater Sunda Islands List of Sultans of Brunei "Pusat Sejarah Brunei" (in Malay). www.history-centre.gov.bn. Archived from the ... Sultan Sulaiman ibn 'Ali ibn 'Ajlan (Arabic: الـسـلـطـان سـلـيـمـان ابـن عـلي ابـن عـجـلان) was the fourth Sultan of Brunei ... His tombstone is located in Jalan Subok, Brunei. The inscription of Sultan Sulaiman's tombstone mentions
The Brunei Barracudas, also known as Team Barracudas was a professional basketball team based in Brunei Darussalam which saw ... Basketball in Brunei, Sport in Brunei, Basketball teams established in 2009, All stub articles, Asia basketball team stubs). ... They played their home games at the Brunei Indoor Stadium (called Barracudas Reef by its supporters) in the Bruneian capital of ... Badri Suhaili Aik Hock Lim Mizi Noor Deen Afif Khalidi Benjamin Lim Brunei Barracudas group on Facebook www.bruneibasketball. ...
Muzium Brunei. pp. 66-67. "15th century artifacts found in Lumut". The Brunei Times. Archived from the original on 14 June 2012 ... The Brunei LNG plant, a 130-hectare (320-acre) liquified natural gas plant with annual production capacity of 6.7 million ... "The Plant , Brunei LNG Sendirian Berhad". www.bruneilng.com. Retrieved 22 December 2017. (CS1 Malay-language sources (ms), ... "Sultanate - News , Negara Brunei Darussalam , His Majesty visits Belait District". sultanate.com. Retrieved 29 June 2022. " ...
Gadong is a commercial area in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei. It is a popular shopping and dining area in the city ... Two of the company's most well-known commercial buildings are The Mall, a popular shopping mall in Brunei, and The Centrepoint ... "Pasar Pelbagai Barangan Gadong: fresh new look, same old charm • Biz Brunei". www.bizbrunei.com. Retrieved 2017-12-17. "Pasar ... as well as in Brunei, with several shops, restaurants and cafes establishing their presence in the area. Commercial activity in ...
The Brunei Museum (Malay: Muzium Brunei) is the national museum of Brunei. It is located in Kota Batu in the capital Bandar ... "Brunei Darussalam, A Guide". Brunei Shell Group of Companies. Retrieved 22 November 2015. Office 1972, p. 266. "Brunei Museum ... There is also a display of the oil industry in Brunei created by the local Brunei Shell Petroleum, which shows discovery of oil ... Colonial (1972). Brunei. H.M. Stationery Office. Publications, USA International Business (7 February 2007). Brunei Air Force ...
... it was Coal Brunei Times 14 April 2007 History of Brunei Stamps Archived 7 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine by the Brunei ... The Royal Brunei Navy of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces is based in the Muara Naval Base, which is located in the Tanjong ... Brunei Shell Petroleum has a jetty along Muara Port to support their offshore operations in Brunei. The jetty measures 120 ... Poskod bagi Daerah Brunei Muara Archived 12 July 2007 at the Wayback Machine Brunei-Muara Postcodes - retrieved 19 April 2007 ...
... Land Forces Royal Brunei Navy Royal Brunei Air Force Royal Brunei Support Service Royal Brunei Training Institute ... Royal Brunei Catering Royal Brunei Engineering Royal Brunei Airlines Golf Club Royal Brunei Recreation Club Royal Brunei ... Brunei Government that operates and maintains the executive fleet for the Brunei royal family Royal Brunei Police Royal Brunei ... Royal Brunei may refer to: Royal Brunei Airlines and its subsidiaries and associated facilities: ...
Politeknik Brunei (abbreviation: PB; Malay: Politeknik Brunei; Jawi: ڤوليتيكنيك بروني) is the first polytechnic in Brunei. The ... Politeknik Brunei has two campuses. The main campus and the campus for the School of Health Sciences are located in Brunei- ... Universities and colleges in Brunei, Articles with ISNI identifiers, Brunei articles missing geocoordinate data, All articles ... The main campus in Brunei-Muara is a temporary campus, located in one of the condominiums at Jalan Ong Sum Ping in Bandar Seri ...
Brunei Darussalam street directory : quick & easy reference maps., Brunei Press Sdn. Bhd., 2014, pp. 188-189 & 198-199, ISBN ... Populated places in Brunei, Temburong District, Villages in Temburong District, All stub articles, Brunei geography stubs). ... "Buku Poskod Edisi Kedua (Kemaskini 26 Disember 2018)" (PDF). post.gov.bn (in Malay). Brunei Postal Services Department. 26 ...
Brunei sailed from Brisbane on 27 December, and arrived on 13 January 1975. From 1985 to 1988, Brunei and Betano were assigned ... Brunei also operated in support of UNTAET between 2000 and 2002. In 2006, Brunei visited Lord Howe Island for the 75th ... Brunei, along with Labuan and Tarakan, were decommissioned on 20 November 2014. Brunei and sister ship Tarakan were selected ... Brunei (named after the amphibious landings at Brunei Bay during the World War II Battle of North Borneo) visited Lord Howe ...
The Brunei River (Malay: Sungai Brunei) is a river which flows through Brunei and empties into the Brunei Bay towards the north ... The Brunei River is the shortest major river in Brunei. It is the major river basin within the Brunei-Muara District, the ... "Brunei Gallery - SOAS: The Islamic Sultanate of Brunei: Past and Present Culture". www.soas.ac.uk. Retrieved 26 April 2022. " ... hydrology of Brunei [permanent dead link] BASELINE STUDY ON CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF BRUNEI DARUSSALAM RIVERS PDF The Water ...
The Brunei Cup was an annual basketball tournament held at Brunei from 2001 until 2008. First held in 2001, with most of the ... The games were held at Brunei's National Indoor Stadium. Official website (International club basketball competitions, Sport in ... teams coming from Overseas Filipino workers in Brunei, the tournament has since expanded to include several professional and ...
... is a moth of the family Saturniidae first described by Michael G. Allen and Jeremy Daniel Holloway in 1986. It ... "Antheraea brunei Allen & Holloway". The Moths of Borneo. Retrieved January 11, 2019. Wikispecies has information related to ... Antheraea brunei. v t e (Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with 'species ...
So Brunei English may be contributing to the ways that English is evolving around the world today. Clynes, A. (2014). Brunei ... Brunei English (similar and related to British English) is a regional dialect of English that is widely spoken in Brunei ... Jones, G. (1996). The Brunei education policy in Brunei Darussalam. In P. W. Martin, A. C. K. Ozog & G. Poedjoesoedarmo (eds ... Many initialisms are found, including: UBD : Universiti Brunei Darusslam BSB : Bandar Seri Begawan (the capital of Brunei) PTE ...
The Brunei Open was an Asian Tour golf tournament. The 2005 staging was Brunei's first ever professional golf tournament, and ... Golf tournaments in Brunei, Recurring sporting events established in 2005, Recurring sporting events disestablished in 2010, ... Defunct sports competitions in Brunei, All stub articles, Bruneian sport stubs, Golf tournament stubs). ...
... is a plant species in the genus Werauhia. This species is endemic to Costa Rica. Luther, Harry E. (1995). "An ...
The Brunei revolt (Malay: Pemberontakan Brunei) was a December 1962 insurrection in the British protectorate of Brunei by ... The rebellion also played a role in the Sultan of Brunei's subsequent decision for Brunei to not join the Federation of ... west of Brunei. As a result, police were put on full alert through Brunei, North Borneo and Sarawak, and Police Field Force ... its history in the Brunei Revolt and the paucity of other Brunei airstrips usable by fixed-wing military aircraft, Anduki and ...
"Brunei LNG 50th Anniversary Celebration , Brunei's No.1 News Website". brudirect.com. Retrieved 2022-05-23. "Home , Brunei LNG ... Oil and gas companies of Brunei, Natural gas in Brunei, Energy infrastructure in Brunei, Liquefied natural gas plants, Shell ... The Brunei LNG (BLNG) is the LNG plant in Lumut, Brunei. It is the largest oil and gas producer in the country. Moreover as of ... The operating company-Brunei LNG Sdn Bhd-is owned by the Government of Brunei (50%), Shell Overseas Trading Limited and ...
... (Malay: Teluk Brunei) is on the northwestern coast of Borneo island, in Brunei and Malaysia. Brunei Bay is located 5 ... crosses over the Brunei bay. The section going across the Brunei bay measures in at 14-kilometre (8.7 mi). Brunei Bay contains ... Brunei-Malaysia border, Important Bird Areas of Brunei, All stub articles, Brunei geography stubs, Coordinates on Wikidata). ... It is the ocean gateway to the isolated Temburong District of Brunei, separated from the rest of Brunei by the Malaysian ...
Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka Brunei. (2007). Kamus Bahasa Melayu Brunei (Edisi Kedua) [Brunei Malay dictionary, 2nd edition]. ... word referring to Indians in Brunei. Paper presented at the Brunei-Malaysia 2016 Forum, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, 16-17 ... Brunei Malay, Kedayan and Kampong Ayer can be regarded as different dialects of Malay. Brunei Malay is used by the numerically ... The Brunei Malay language, or Kedayan (Malay: Bahasa Melayu Brunei, Jawi: بهاس ملايو بروني) is the most widely spoken language ...
2020 in Brunei
Events in the year 2020 in Brunei. Ongoing - COVID-19 pandemic in Brunei 9 March - The Ministry of Health confirms the first ... 28 July - 8 August: Brunei at the 2022 Commonwealth Games The Football Association of Brunei Darussalam suspends all games due ... Articles with short description, Short description matches Wikidata, 2020 in Brunei, 2020s in Brunei, Years of the 21st century ... "Brunei bars residents from leaving as coronavirus cases reach 50 (update) , The Star Online". 2020-03-17. Archived from the ...
Tour de Brunei
... is a men's stage race cycle race which takes place in Brunei and was rated by the UCI as 2.2 and forms part of ... "Calendar , ProCyclingStats". iQ, Cycling (11 July 2015). "2015 Tour de Brunei cancelled". (Sports competitions in Brunei, UCI ... "Tour de Brunei 2015 - ProCyclingStats". Archived from the original on 2014-12-23. " ...
Old Airport, Brunei
It is the common name given to the former site of the Brunei Airport (hence the name) and is now the location of several ... The former terminal building of the Brunei Airport has become the office of the Government Printing Department. Its vicinity is ... These include: Ministry of Education Ministry of Development Mail Processing Centre Public Works Department Brunei-Muara ... Old Airport (Malay: Lapangan Terbang Lama) is an area in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. ...
Kerjasama Brunei - Qatar pelbagai bidang (in Malay) "Brunei-Qatar Relations". Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Brunei). ... Brunei and Qatar established diplomatic relations in 1991. Brunei has an embassy in Doha, and Qatar has an embassy in Bandar ... Brunei opened its embassy in Qatar in 2001 while Qatar opened its embassy in Brunei in 2008. Two memorandum of understanding ... Diyana Ibrahim (18 January 2012). "Brunei, Qatar usher in new era of friendship". The Brunei Times. Archived from the original ...
Brunei Super Cup
The Brunei Super Cup is a Brunei football cup competition. It was first held in 2002, but has been played on and off since its ... It is the curtain raiser to the Brunei football season. This competition is played between the league champion and the cup ... "Brunei - List of Cup Finals". RSSSF. Retrieved 26 August 2011. v t e (Articles needing additional references from January 2013 ... 2002 establishments in Brunei, All stub articles, Bruneian sport stubs, Southeast Asian football competition stubs). ...
Economy of Brunei
... is a joint venture partner with Shell and the Brunei Government in Brunei LNG, Brunei Coldgas, and Brunei Shell Tankers, which ... Brunei Darussalam in July 2009 launched its national halal branding scheme Brunei Halal which allows manufacturers in Brunei ... Almost all of Brunei's natural gas is liquefied at Brunei Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plant, which opened in 1972 and is one of ... Over 82% of Brunei's LNG produced is sold to Japan under a long-term agreement renewed in 1993. The agreement calls for Brunei ...
Malaysia backs Brunei on Myanmar representation | The Star
Brunei-Owned Hotel Boycott
In response to new anti-LGBTQ+ and adultery laws in Brunei, many are calling for boycotts of hotels owned by the sultan. ... In response to new anti-LGBTQ+ and adultery laws in Brunei, many are calling for boycotts of hotels owned by the sultan. ... Homosexuality in Brunei was already punishable by up to 10 years in prison, but now individuals accused of certain homosexual ... In what seems like a something from the Middle Ages, Brunei - a small nation on the island of Borneo - has introduced a new, ...
Brunei - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC
Although Brunei is an industrialized country, bug bites here can still spread diseases. Just as you would in the United States ... Traffic flows on the left side of the road in Brunei.. *Always pay close attention to the flow of traffic, especially when ... Brunei is free of dog rabies. However, rabies may still be present in wildlife species, particularly bats. CDC recommends ... Brunei is free of dog rabies. However, rabies may still be present in wildlife species, particularly bats. CDC recommends ...
Brunei's No.1 News Website
Brunei's No.1 News Website
Brunei | News | Asia | Sustainable Business
Category:1970s establishments in Brunei - Wikipedia
V8-RBC - Airbus A320-251N - Royal Brunei Airlines - Flightradar24
Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Title
052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 * Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by ... 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 *Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by ... Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Title * IRIS Home ... Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Title 0-9. A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. N. O. P. Q ...
Physical Map of Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, East Timor, Philippines - Atlapedia® Online
Brunei Darussalam - APLMF
In Brunei Darussalam the measurements for domestic trade are regulated by the Weights & Measures Act 1983, Chapter 151 and its ... Brunei Darussalam through Weights and Measures, Ministry of Energy, Manpower and Industry is still on the progress developing ... Brunei Darussalam through Measurement Standards Laboratory is still on the process developing an Act known as National ... All units of measurement used in Brunei Darussalam is the International System of Units (S.I.). This will be included in the ...
World airport database - Airport Codes in Brunei Darussalam (BN)
Brunei records second death from Covid-19 - UCA News
Brunei. Brunei records second death from Covid-19. Mosques are slowly reopening as the tiny nation achieves low infection and ... The sultan of Brunei enjoys absolute power. He completed the countrys complete transition to a Saudi brand of Sharia law in ... Brunei has been fierce in applying emergency laws and lockdowns and, like other nearby countries, it is emerging from the ... Brunei has recorded only its second death from the new coronavirus, underscoring the tiny countrys success in combating the ...
The Empire Brunei in Jerudong: Find Hotel Reviews, Rooms, and Prices on Hotels.com
View deals for The Empire Brunei, including fully refundable rates with free cancellation. Guests enjoy the pool. Empire Golf ... Does The Empire Brunei offer free cancellation for a full refund? Yes, The Empire Brunei does have fully refundable room rates ... Whats the area around The Empire Brunei like? The Empire Brunei is a short 5-minute walk from Empire Golf and Country Club and ... At The Empire Brunei, you can hit the beach to enjoy the shade from a beach umbrella or relax in a sun lounger, plus youll ...
Top RV Mount OEM Suppliers in Brunei
In the case of the solar industry, most solar companies work with solar OEMs to build and design their own solar products such as solar panels, cells, modules, etc. OEM becomes their outsourcing partner that helps them in assembling and reproducing their solar products.. Nowadays, a huge number of solar companies, particularly those large solar manufacturing companies, are partnering with outstanding solar OEMs to deliver the best quality solar products to their solar customers. Mainly, the reason is, these solar OEMs help solar manufacturers cut down their production costs since they no longer have to operate their own factories, purchase needed materials and hire labour to produce their solar products.. As a solar manufacturing company, the first thing you need to consider is to find the most reliable solar OEM in the market. One of the biggest perks of the internet these days is you can now easily find these OEMs even in the comfort of your home. With the help of a solar outsourcing ...
News: Sultan Of Brunei, The View, Freaky Friday, SundanceTV - Towleroad Gay News
Brunei sells stake in Jordan Phosphate to Indian firms-Business News , Firstpost
... owned by the Brunei Investment Agency, the exchange said in a statement. Brunei brought the stake in 2006 from Jordan when the ... By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - Brunei, the largest shareholder in Jordan Phosphate Mines Company (JPMC), has agreed ... Brunei sells stake in Jordan Phosphate to Indian firms By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - Brunei, the largest shareholder ... owned by the Brunei Investment Agency, the exchange said in a statement. Brunei brought the stake in 2006 from Jordan when the ...
UHC and SDG country profiles : Brunei Darussalam
Brunei Postal Services - 100th-health-services
Brunei accounting and tax, Brunei legal compliance
Experts at Brunei accounting and tax requirements, Brunei legal and compliance requirements. ... Tax incentives in Brunei. *Brunei does not impose i) capital gains tax, ii) VAT, nor iii) withholding tax on dividends paid to ... Brunei legal and accounting and tax considerations in 2023. *. Corporate income tax considerations. *All companies in Brunei ... Brunei has so far signed double taxation treaties with 18 countries globally to reduce withholding tax on payments abroad; ...
RTB-Brunei set to launch HDTV - DVB
Royal Brunei tests IATA pass - TTR Weekly
AllAFRICAAMERICASASIA PACIFICBRUNEICAMBODIACHINAEUROPEHONG KONGINDIAINDONESIAKOREALAOSMALAYSIAMEKONGMIDDLE EASTMYANMAR ... Royal Brunei is still operating limited services, mostly repatriation or semi-commercial flights. Both inbound and outbound ... The airlines latest timetable from June to October 2021 indicates it will fly just five flights from Brunei to London and 10 ... SINGAPORE, 18 May 2021: Royal Brunei Airlines is the latest airline to trial the International Air Transport Associations ( ...
Visit to RSIS by Royal Brunei Armed Force Command and Staff Course - RSIS
ERM Webinar: GHG Inventories - What Companies in Brunei Need to Know Before 2021
Join ERM for a webinar discussing initial steps companies in and with facilities and supply chains in Brunei should take to ... Brunei Darussalam, understanding the importance of the low-carbon economy transition, has recently launched the Brunei ... this will include Brunei-based and multinational companies with facilities and supply chain in Brunei. ... Brunei National Climate Change Policy and what it means for companies?. GHG Inventory: What is it and why compiling an ...
Massey Ratings - Association of Tennis Professionals : Brunei Ratings
Photo of Brunei girl. Brunei River Area and Water Village, Brunei - added image BR00182
Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Subject
052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 * Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by ... 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 *Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by ... Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Subject * IRIS Home ... Browsing 052nd session: Brunei Darussalam, 10-14 September 2001 by Subject 0-9. A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. N. O. P ...
Brunei 10 Ringgit | PMG Population Report | PMG
Iindawo Zeholide Eziqeshisayo eBrunei-Muara District - Brunei | Airbnb
Brunei ukususela kwi$20/ngosuku. Fumana iindawo ezohlukileyo onokuhlala kuzo nababuki zindwendwe basekuhlaleni kumazwe ayi- 191 ... Balek Kampong Hostel, a blend of vintage and tropical vibes offering our guests a relaxing home when travelling to Brunei. It ... Steps away from Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque(the first mosque in Brunei), Royal Regalia Museum, Kampong Ayer(the famous ... EZ Suites is located right in the heart of Gadong, Bruneis busiest commercial area. Our rooms overlook Gadongs busy central ...
Marie's World Tour 2011: The Road to Brunei
"Do you know how I get to Brunei?". "You must go to the bus station.". "Yes," Id researched this as best I could-its only ... Can you tell me how to get to Brunei?". "You must take the bus," she said. She reached to her left and grabbed a huge binder ... about 74 miles from Miri to Bruneis capital city of Bandar Seri Begewan so there had to be a way-but information had been ...
- Brunei Darussalam through Measurement Standards Laboratory is still on the process developing an Act known as National Measurement Order. (aplmf.org)
- This legislation will act as the umbrella of all metrology activities both legal and scientific metrology to support the Brunei Darussalam Metrology Infrastructure and vice versa the National Quality Infrastructure. (aplmf.org)
- Weights and Measures Act 1983, Chapter 151 is a legislation has been used by the Weights and Measures, Ministry of Energy, Manpower and Industry to enforce only for domestic trade measurements in Brunei Darussalam. (aplmf.org)
- Currently, Brunei Darussalam through Measurement Standards Laboratory is still on the process developing legislation to put all measurements in Brunei Darussalam shall be traceable to the national metrology laboratory. (aplmf.org)
- All units of measurement used in Brunei Darussalam is the International System of Units (S.I.). This will be included in the National Measurement Order that is in progress of development. (aplmf.org)
- The National Measurement Order which will stated the Measurement Standards Laboratory will plays the role as the custodian of the National Metrology Institute (NMI) and National Legal Metrology Institute (NLMI) in Brunei Darussalam. (aplmf.org)
- In Brunei Darussalam the measurements for domestic trade are regulated by the Weights & Measures Act 1983, Chapter 151 and its regulation. (aplmf.org)
- Through this legislation the Weights and Measures conducted both enforcement and verification in Brunei Darussalam for measurement in domestic trade. (aplmf.org)
- Weights & Measures, Ministry of Energy, Manpower and Industry is responsible for enforcement, verification, reverification, stamping of weighing and measuring instruments that are used for domestic trade in Brunei Darussalam. (aplmf.org)
- There are 1 airports in Brunei Darussalam. (airport-data.com)
- The data that supports the findings of this study are available from Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam but restrictions apply to the availability of these data, and so are not publicly available. (nih.gov)
- Data are however available from the corresponding author upon reasonable request and with permission of the Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- This study presents the trends of age-standardised incidence and mortality rates of common cancers in Brunei Darussalam from 2011 to 2020. (nih.gov)
- All cancer cases diagnosed among Brunei Darussalam citizens and permanent residents in the period 2011 to 2020 were included in the study. (nih.gov)
- De-identified data were provided by the CanReg5 based BDCR, Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- Joinpoint regression analyses were used to study the incidence and mortality trends of cancer in Brunei Darussalam over the 2011-2020 period. (nih.gov)
- 1 Disease Control Division, Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- 2 Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies, Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- 3 Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- 4 PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam. (nih.gov)
- The vaccine scheduler table summarizes the current vaccination schedule for young children, adolescents, and adults in Brunei Darussalam. (who.int)
- Dental workforce development as part of the oral health agenda for Brunei Darussalam. (bvsalud.org)
- Brunei Darussalam is a Sultanate with a Malay Islamic monarchy. (bvsalud.org)
- In accordance with an oral health agenda published and launched in 2008, focusing on access, health promotion and prevention, and the education and training of the dental workforce , the Brunei Darussalam Ministry of Health is seeking to improve oral health status and reduce the burden of oral disease . (bvsalud.org)
- In the process of effecting this transition, the Brunei Darussalam Ministry of Health is developing a dental workforce fit for future purpose, with an emphasis on a modern approach to skill mix. (bvsalud.org)
- An important element of this programme has been the development of a highly successful Brunei Darussalam Diploma in Dental Therapy and Dental Hygiene . (bvsalud.org)
- It is concluded that the Brunei Darussalam oral health agenda and, in particular, the forward-looking programme of dental workforce development is a model for other countries facing similar oral health challenges. (bvsalud.org)
- Brunei Darussalam reported its first case of COVID-19 on 9 March 2020. (who.int)
- 30 April 2020, Media statement on the current COVID-19 infection in Brunei Darussalam. (who.int)
- Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam. (who.int)
Bandar Seri Be1
- Workers wearing protective suits spray disinfectant at Suri Seri Begawan Raja Pengiran Anak Damit Mosque in an effort to counter the spread of the coronavirus in Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei on March 17. (ucanews.com)
- In 2017, Brunei celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Sultan Hassanal BOLKIAH's accession to the throne. (cia.gov)
- The new measures have prompted many around the world - most notably George Clooney and Elton John - to call for a boycott of luxury hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei. (matadornetwork.com)
- The sultan owns Brunei Investment Agency, which oversees some of the world's top hotels. (matadornetwork.com)
- Please boycott these hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei. (matadornetwork.com)
- Brunei is an absolute monarchy in which the sultan exercises executive power. (freedomhouse.org)
- The sultan of Brunei enjoys absolute power. (ucanews.com)
- The prayer times for Brunei-Muara and Temburong districts. (brudirect.com)
- Recommended for unvaccinated travelers of all ages traveling to Brunei. (cdc.gov)
- The U.S. State Department has not announced any revisions to its current advisories for Brunei, which already include "exercising normal precautions," informing travelers of the unique aspects of Sharia Criminal Code. (dailycaller.com)
- PUTRAJAYA: Moved by the latest happenings in Myanmar, Malaysia is fully backing the decision by Asean Chair Brunei on the issue of Myanmar's representation at the Asean Summit and Related Summits. (thestar.com.my)
- The new penal code was formally announced in 2013, but public outcry and protests pushed Brunei to delay its actual enactment until now, according to the New York Times . (dailycaller.com)
- Brunei is a small, oil-rich sultanate of less than half a million people, making it the smallest country in Southeast Asia by population. (cia.gov)
- I n what seems like a something from the Middle Ages, Brunei - a small nation on the island of Borneo - has introduced a new, strict penal code that makes gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death. (matadornetwork.com)
- Brunei is located on the northwest coast of the island of Borneo in South East Asia. (atlapedia.com)
- Brunei has recorded only its second death from the new coronavirus, underscoring the tiny country's success in combating the pandemic. (ucanews.com)
- This category is for organizations, places and other things founded or established in the 1970s in Brunei . (wikipedia.org)
- Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs issued a revised travel advisory Wednesday, warning Australian tourists that the laws also apply to foreigners even when on Brunei registered aircraft and vessels. (dailycaller.com)
- Tomorrow, the country of #Brunei will start stoning gay people to death. (matadornetwork.com)
- The Brunei deal, which aimed to put the indebted and loss-making company on a sounder financial footing, was later criticised by Jordan's parliament for alleged corruption, part of a backlash against privatisation and economic nationalism that swept the country. (firstpost.com)
- Industry sources say Brunei has been trying to divest its JPMC holding after former CEO Walid Kurdi, a relative of the royal family who fled the country in 2012, was given a 22 year prison sentence in absentia on charges of embezzlement of millions of dollars. (firstpost.com)
- You can stay up to date on updates for flights promotions from Kunming on Brunei on AirAsia and other airlines on our flight promo page, main website, airasia Super App, email, and our social media platforms. (airasia.com)
- Indian Potash Limited and Kisan International Trading FZE, a subsidiary of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO), bought the stake in Jordan's largest mining and chemical company from Kamil Holdings Limited, owned by the Brunei Investment Agency, the exchange said in a statement. (firstpost.com)
- Many people visit Brunei for both business and pleasure. (airasia.com)
- The nation of Brunei is set to enact a law on April 3 that makes gay sex or adultery punishable by whipping or stoning to death. (dailycaller.com)
- Brunei benefits from extensive petroleum and natural gas fields, the source of one of the highest per capita GDPs in the world. (cia.gov)
- Homosexuality in Brunei was already punishable by up to 10 years in prison, but now individuals accused of certain homosexual offenses will be subject to a range of new, medieval punishments. (matadornetwork.com)
- Brunei is free of dog rabies. (cdc.gov)
- In recent years, Brunei has appeared to be paving the way for Hassanal's son, Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah, to eventually take power. (freedomhouse.org)
- Brunei subsequently entered a period of decline brought on by internal strife over royal succession, colonial expansion of European powers, and piracy. (cia.gov)
- What is the cheapest price for Kunming to Brunei? (airasia.com)
- Brunei has not held direct legislative elections since 1962. (freedomhouse.org)
- Brunei is officially Muslim, and Malay is the official language. (cia.gov)
- The Bumiputera are entitled to official privileges, including land ownership, access to certain types of employment (Royal Brunei Armed Forces and Brunei Shell Petroleum), easier access to higher education, and better job opportunities in the civil service. (cia.gov)