National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Small Molecule Libraries
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
The expenses incurred by a hospital in providing care. The hospital costs attributed to a particular patient care episode include the direct costs plus an appropriate proportion of the overhead for administration, personnel, building maintenance, equipment, etc. Hospital costs are one of the factors which determine HOSPITAL CHARGES (the price the hospital sets for its services).
Amino Acid Sequence
Combinatorial Chemistry Techniques
Library Collection Development
Development of a library collection, including the determination and coordination of selection policy, assessment of needs of users and potential users, collection use studies, collection evaluation, identification of collection needs, selection of materials, planning for resource sharing, collection maintenance and weeding, and budgeting.
Library Technical Services
Hospital Bed Capacity
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Financial Management, Hospital
Emergency Service, Hospital
The prices a hospital sets for its services. HOSPITAL COSTS (the direct and indirect expenses incurred by the hospital in providing the services) are one factor in the determination of hospital charges. Other factors may include, for example, profits, competition, and the necessity of recouping the costs of uncompensated care.
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
A deoxyribonucleotide polymer that is the primary genetic material of all cells. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic organisms normally contain DNA in a double-stranded state, yet several important biological processes transiently involve single-stranded regions. DNA, which consists of a polysugar-phosphate backbone possessing projections of purines (adenine and guanine) and pyrimidines (thymine and cytosine), forms a double helix that is held together by hydrogen bonds between these purines and pyrimidines (adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine).
Facility Design and Construction
Architecture, exterior and interior design, and construction of facilities other than hospitals, e.g., dental schools, medical schools, ambulatory care clinics, and specified units of health care facilities. The concept also includes architecture, design, and construction of specialized contained, controlled, or closed research environments including those of space labs and stations.
Surgery Department, Hospital
American Hospital Association
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
Specialists in the management of a library or the services rendered by a library, bringing professional skills to administration, organization of material and personnel, interpretation of bibliothecal rules, the development and maintenance of the library's collection, and the provision of information services.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
In vitro method for producing large amounts of specific DNA or RNA fragments of defined length and sequence from small amounts of short oligonucleotide flanking sequences (primers). The essential steps include thermal denaturation of the double-stranded target molecules, annealing of the primers to their complementary sequences, and extension of the annealed primers by enzymatic synthesis with DNA polymerase. The reaction is efficient, specific, and extremely sensitive. Uses for the reaction include disease diagnosis, detection of difficult-to-isolate pathogens, mutation analysis, genetic testing, DNA sequencing, and analyzing evolutionary relationships.
The arrangement of two or more amino acid or base sequences from an organism or organisms in such a way as to align areas of the sequences sharing common properties. The degree of relatedness or homology between the sequences is predicted computationally or statistically based on weights assigned to the elements aligned between the sequences. This in turn can serve as a potential indicator of the genetic relatedness between the organisms.
Sequence Homology, Nucleic Acid
Hospital Information Systems
Food Service, Hospital
Chromosomes, Artificial, Bacterial
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
Nucleic Acid Hybridization
Widely used technique which exploits the ability of complementary sequences in single-stranded DNAs or RNAs to pair with each other to form a double helix. Hybridization can take place between two complimentary DNA sequences, between a single-stranded DNA and a complementary RNA, or between two RNA sequences. The technique is used to detect and isolate specific sequences, measure homology, or define other characteristics of one or both strands. (Kendrew, Encyclopedia of Molecular Biology, 1994, p503)
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital
A computerized biomedical bibliographic storage and retrieval system operated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLARS stands for Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System, which was first introduced in 1964 and evolved into an online system in 1971 called MEDLINE (MEDLARS Online). As other online databases were developed, MEDLARS became the name of the entire NLM information system while MEDLINE became the name of the premier database. MEDLARS was used to produce the former printed Cumulated Index Medicus, and the printed monthly Index Medicus, until that publication ceased in December 2004.
A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria (GRAM-NEGATIVE FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC RODS) commonly found in the lower part of the intestine of warm-blooded animals. It is usually nonpathogenic, but some strains are known to produce DIARRHEA and pyogenic infections. Pathogenic strains (virotypes) are classified by their specific pathogenic mechanisms such as toxins (ENTEROTOXIGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI), etc.
High-Throughput Screening Assays
Hospital Shared Services
Costs and Cost Analysis
A system for classifying patient care by relating common characteristics such as diagnosis, treatment, and age to an expected consumption of hospital resources and length of stay. Its purpose is to provide a framework for specifying case mix and to reduce hospital costs and reimbursements and it forms the cornerstone of the prospective payment system.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Architecture as Topic
Nursing Service, Hospital
Quality of Health Care
Cardiology Service, Hospital
Members of the class of compounds composed of AMINO ACIDS joined together by peptide bonds between adjacent amino acids into linear, branched or cyclical structures. OLIGOPEPTIDES are composed of approximately 2-12 amino acids. Polypeptides are composed of approximately 13 or more amino acids. PROTEINS are linear polypeptides that are normally synthesized on RIBOSOMES.
Health Facility Size
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Directed Molecular Evolution
The techniques used to produce molecules exhibiting properties that conform to the demands of the experimenter. These techniques combine methods of generating structural changes with methods of selection. They are also used to examine proposed mechanisms of evolution under in vitro selection conditions.
Interior Design and Furnishings
Procedures by which protein structure and function are changed or created in vitro by altering existing or synthesizing new structural genes that direct the synthesis of proteins with sought-after properties. Such procedures may include the design of MOLECULAR MODELS of proteins using COMPUTER GRAPHICS or other molecular modeling techniques; site-specific mutagenesis (MUTAGENESIS, SITE-SPECIFIC) of existing genes; and DIRECTED MOLECULAR EVOLUTION techniques to create new genes.
Tertiary Care Centers
Gene Expression Profiling
Bibliography as Topic
Discussion of lists of works, documents or other publications, usually with some relationship between them, e.g., by a given author, on a given subject, or published in a given place, and differing from a catalog in that its contents are restricted to holdings of a single collection, library, or group of libraries. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
One of the three domains of life (the others being Eukarya and ARCHAEA), also called Eubacteria. They are unicellular prokaryotic microorganisms which generally possess rigid cell walls, multiply by cell division, and exhibit three principal forms: round or coccal, rodlike or bacillary, and spiral or spirochetal. Bacteria can be classified by their response to OXYGEN: aerobic, anaerobic, or facultatively anaerobic; by the mode by which they obtain their energy: chemotrophy (via chemical reaction) or PHOTOTROPHY (via light reaction); for chemotrophs by their source of chemical energy: CHEMOLITHOTROPHY (from inorganic compounds) or chemoorganotrophy (from organic compounds); and by their source for CARBON; NITROGEN; etc.; HETEROTROPHY (from organic sources) or AUTOTROPHY (from CARBON DIOXIDE). They can also be classified by whether or not they stain (based on the structure of their CELL WALLS) with CRYSTAL VIOLET dye: gram-negative or gram-positive.
Two-Hybrid System Techniques
Screening techniques first developed in yeast to identify genes encoding interacting proteins. Variations are used to evaluate interplay between proteins and other molecules. Two-hybrid techniques refer to analysis for protein-protein interactions, one-hybrid for DNA-protein interactions, three-hybrid interactions for RNA-protein interactions or ligand-based interactions. Reverse n-hybrid techniques refer to analysis for mutations or other small molecules that dissociate known interactions.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Regional Medical Programs
Intensive Care Units
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
Open Reading Frames
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Computer Communication Networks
Drug Evaluation, Preclinical
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
Psychiatric Department, Hospital
A set of statistical methods used to group variables or observations into strongly inter-related subgroups. In epidemiology, it may be used to analyze a closely grouped series of events or cases of disease or other health-related phenomenon with well-defined distribution patterns in relation to time or place or both.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
Academic Medical Centers
Quality Indicators, Health Care
Referral and Consultation
Oncology Service, Hospital
A set of genes descended by duplication and variation from some ancestral gene. Such genes may be clustered together on the same chromosome or dispersed on different chromosomes. Examples of multigene families include those that encode the hemoglobins, immunoglobulins, histocompatibility antigens, actins, tubulins, keratins, collagens, heat shock proteins, salivary glue proteins, chorion proteins, cuticle proteins, yolk proteins, and phaseolins, as well as histones, ribosomal RNA, and transfer RNA genes. The latter three are examples of reiterated genes, where hundreds of identical genes are present in a tandem array. (King & Stanfield, A Dictionary of Genetics, 4th ed)
Surgical Procedures, Operative
Health Care Surveys
A polynucleotide consisting essentially of chains with a repeating backbone of phosphate and ribose units to which nitrogenous bases are attached. RNA is unique among biological macromolecules in that it can encode genetic information, serve as an abundant structural component of cells, and also possesses catalytic activity. (Rieger et al., Glossary of Genetics: Classical and Molecular, 5th ed)
Linear POLYPEPTIDES that are synthesized on RIBOSOMES and may be further modified, crosslinked, cleaved, or assembled into complex proteins with several subunits. The specific sequence of AMINO ACIDS determines the shape the polypeptide will take, during PROTEIN FOLDING, and the function of the protein.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
... the Penang State Library also operates a branch in Bukit Mertajam. The Bukit Mertajam Hospital, run by Malaysia's Ministry of ... "BRANCH LIBRARIES". penanglib.gov.my. Archived from the original on 4 July 2017. Retrieved 25 March 2018. "Penang Seberang Perai ... Bukit Mertajam also contains a private hospital, namely the KPJ Penang Specialist Hospital. The 236-bed hospital, owned by ... "KPJ Penang Specialist Hospital". Penang Trails. 16 March 2016. Archived from the original on 25 March 2018. Retrieved 25 March ...
The library facility opened in 1978, with a major refurbishment in 2012. The Atherton branch of the Queensland Country Women's ... "Atherton Library". Public Libraries Connect. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018. " ... Atherton Hospital is in the Tablelands Health District. The hospital provides obstetric, medical, surgical, operating theatre, ... "Queensland Public Library Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. November 2017. Archived (PDF) from the ...
"Alpha Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 30 May 2016. Archived from the original on 29 January ... Barcaldine Regional Council operates a library at the Alpha town hall on Tennyson Street. The Alpha branch of the Queensland ... "Alpha Hospital and Multipurpose Health Service". Central West Hospital. 25 November 2016. Archived from the original on 11 ... "Branch locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 ...
"Monto Hospital". Queensland Health. Archived from the original on 12 January 2021. Retrieved 11 January 2021. "Monto Library". ... Public Libraries Connect. 14 February 2017. Archived from the original on 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018. "Branch ... The North Burnett Regional Council operates a public library in Monto at 50 Newton Street. The Monto-Bancroft branch of the ... Monto Hospital is a 14-bed hospital operated by Queensland Health at 35 Flinders Street (24°51′59″S 151°06′46″E / 24.8663°S ...
George Town, Penang
"Perpustakaan Cawangan (Libraries Branch)" (in Malay and English). Penang Public Library Corporation. Archived from the original ... The private hospitals within George Town include Penang Adventist Hospital, Island Hospital, Gleneagles Medical Centre, Loh ... Among the libraries in the city are the Penang State Library at Scotland Road and the Penang Digital Library at Green Lane. The ... Francis, Jolynn (3 June 2016). "Paperless library option". The Star. "Penang to have first-ever school in hospital". New ...
Libraries: Sipitang branch library is located in Sipitang town. The library is operated by the Sabah State Library department. ... The current Sipitang Hospital is located off Sipitang-Mesapol road. It officially commenced operations on 10 April 1995. As of ... Other libraries or private libraries can be found in secondary and primary schools in Sipitang. Sipitang has a tropical ... 2011), Welcome to Long Pasia, retrieved 6 September 2011 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Pengenalan Hospital Sipitang ...
Timeline of Newark, New Jersey
1895 - Branch Brook Park established. 1900 - Population: 246,070. 1901 Beth Israel Hospital founded. Newark Free Public Library ... "American Libraries before 1876". Princeton University. Retrieved August 4, 2013. Hill 1902. Mumford 2007. Lewis 1898. Joseph C ... The Free Public Library of the City of Newark, New Jersey, 1889 U.S. Census Bureau, "Mini-Historical Statistics: Population of ... Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved August 4, 2013. Atkinson 1878. Mrs. A.F.R. Martin, ed. (1903). History of the ...
History of New York City (1946-1977)
Some hospitals were closed as were some branch libraries and fire stations. The labor unions helped out, by allocating much of ... William and Anita Newman Library and Baruch College, City University of New York. Archived from the original on June 12, 2010. ... California State Library. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 25, 2011. Retrieved January 20, 2011. "Municipal ...
"Neighborhood Branch Libraries" Archived May 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine, Boston Public Library. Retrieved on May 23, 2010 ... Fields Corner Branch Grove Hall Branch Lower Mills Branch Uphams Corner Branch Carney Hospital is located at 2100 Dorchester ... Boston Public Library operates six neighborhood branches in Dorchester. Adams Street Branch Codman Square Branch - Originally ... "Codman Square Branch Library Archived January 5, 2013, at the Wayback Machine." Boston Public Library. Retrieved on May 23, ...
1943 Birthday Honours
Stephen's Mission Hospital, Delhi. Alice Maud Ward, Missionary, Sind. Galen Fisher Scudder, MD, DTM, Scudder Memorial Hospital ... Robert Laing MacLennan, Heeleakha Tea Estate, Sibsagar District, Chairman of the Assam Valley Branch of the Indian Tea ... Joy Frances Ivan Colvin, Chairman and Honorary Organising Secretary, Royal Naval War Libraries. Kathleen Vera Bowerbank Coni, ... and Honorary Curator of the King's Music Library, British Museum. Edward Vincent Thompson, Principal Assistant Solicitor, ...
... is also available in the libraries. The Harris County Public Library System has 26 branches, although none are ... a b "Our Hospital Archived 2011-04-26 at the Wayback Machine'. West Houston Medical Center. (c)1999-2010. Retrieved July 2, ... "Library's Named Buildings". Houston Public Library. Retrieved July 4, 2011. *^ a b "Library Facts Archived 2011-09-26 at the ... The David M. Henington-Alief Regional Branch of Houston Public Library is in Alief. The branch is located at 7979 South ...
Today six Swedish libraries receive legal deposit copies, but only Lund and the Royal Library in Stockholm are required to keep ... The main library building is located in a park 400 meters to the north, followed by the large hospital complex. ... and the 33 branch libraries house 2600 reading room desks. The current main building at Helgonabacken opened in 1907. ... LibraryEdit. Lund University library was established in 1668 at the same time as the university and is one of Sweden's oldest ...
Public libraries. Boston Public Library operates six neighborhood branches in Dorchester. ... Uphams Corner Branch. Health care. Carney Hospital is located on 2100 Dorchester Avenue. Carney Hospital provides over ... "Neighborhood Branch Libraries" Archived May 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine, Boston Public Library. Retrieved on May 23, 2010. ... "Codman Square Branch Library Archived January 5, 2013, at the Wayback Machine." Boston Public Library. Retrieved on May 23, ...
Pontifical Xavierian University
LibrariesEdit. The Xavierian University has two libraries: the General Library and the Mario Valenzuela, S.J., Library. The ... The Cali branch of the Faculty of Health Sciences inaugurated the Moot Hospital which has high-tech teams and a superior ... The board of regents, at the request of the board, adopted the name Cali Branch. Today, this branch is one of the most ... This was the origin of the Cali branch of the Javeriana University. On 20 November 1978 the board proposed the name Cali Branch ...
Other hospitals in the city include the Italian Hospital, Elisha Hospital (100 beds), Horev Medical Center (36 beds) and Ramat ... "Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 21 March 2008.. *^ a b "Haifa". Israel Government Tourism Ministry. Retrieved 21 March 2008. ... A branch of the Hejaz railway, known as the Jezreel Valley railway, was built between 1903 and 1905. The railway increased the ... 5% were in special education. In 2004, Haifa had 16 municipal libraries stocking 367,323 books. Two prestigious Arab ...
Menlo Park, California
... the Main branch and the Belle Haven branch. These libraries are part of the Peninsula Library System and share many resources ... "Dibble General Hospital". www.militarymuseum.org. Retrieved February 5, 2017.. *^ "Corporate History ,". SRI International. ... The army did retain the camp hospital, and it is now the site of a Veterans Administration hospital off of Willow road in Menlo ... estate of Timothy Hopkins from his widow and created the Palo Alto General Hospital later renamed the Dibble General Hospital ( ...
1984 New Year Honours
Anne Crumbie, Assistant Branch Director, Director of Medical Aid Department, Leicestershire Branch, British Red Cross Society. ... Royal Free Hospital and King Edward VIIth Hospital for Officers. Peter Maurice Barclay, Chairman, National Institute for Social ... Alfred John Wright, Porter/Cleaner, Office of Arts and Libraries. Isabel Deborah Wright, Forewoman Cleaner, Metropolitan Police ... Rosemary Margaret Bunn, Principal Scientific Officer, British Library. Frederick Leonard Canter, Principal Training Services ...
East New York, Brooklyn
Libraries. The Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) has four branches in East New York: *The Arlington branch at 203 Arlington ... Hospitals/Gotham Health, East New York; Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center; and Kings County Hospital Center. ... "Brooklyn Public Library. August 19, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2019.. *^ "New Lots Library". Brooklyn Public Library. August ... "Brooklyn Public Library. August 23, 2010. Retrieved February 21, 2019.. *^ "Cypress Hills Library". ...
Union (American Civil War)
Billings built two of the world's most important libraries, Library of the Surgeon General's Office (now the National Library ... Army hospitals were set up across the Union. Most Northern states had Republican governors who energetically supported the war ... For example, Mary Livermore (1820-1905), the manager of the Chicago branch of the US Sanitary Commission, used her newfound ... The Union responded by building army hospitals in every state. The hygiene of the camps was poor, especially at the beginning ...
"Burdekin Library Public Libraries Connect". Public Libraries Connect. 26 July 2017. Archived from the original on 1 February ... "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 ... Ayr is home to a small, state owned hospital. The one-storey building offers basic emergency care and has a helipad for more- ... "Queensland Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-2017" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. November 2017. Archived (PDF) from ...
Fukushima operates 19 libraries and library branches throughout the city, and is also home to the Fukushima Prefectural ... 1890 saw the opening of the Tri-District Joint Association Hospital (三郡共立組合病院), which was the predecessor of Fukushima Medical ... Fukushima Prefectural Library]. Fukushima Prefectural Library. Retrieved 30 May 2012.. *^ a b 県立学校一覧. [Prefectural School List ... In 1929 the Fukushima City Library closed and the Fukushima Prefectural Library (県立図書館) opened in its place, taking over
Prince George, Duke of Cambridge
Subscription or UK public library membership required.) *^ "Duke of Cambridge Statue, Whitehall". Hansard. 19 November 1928. ... President of the Foundling Hospital. 1851-1904 Succeeded by. The Duke of Connaught and Strathearn ... Cadet branch of the House of Welf. Born: 26 March 1819 Died: 17 March 1904 ... Subscription or UK public library membership required.). *. Weir, Alison (1996). Britain's Royal Families: The Complete ...
Some special libraries, such as governmental law libraries, hospital libraries, and military base libraries commonly are open ... citizens with an active library card from around that county can use the library branches associated with the library system. A ... Special librariesEdit. Main article: Special library. All other libraries, including digital libraries, fall into the "special ... Lists of librariesEdit. Main articles: List of libraries, List of national and state libraries, and List of libraries in the ...
Library resources about Alternative medicine *Resources in your library. *Resources in other libraries ... "Latest Survey Shows More Hospitals Offering Complementary and Alternative Medicine Services" (Press release). American Hospital ... A US agency, National Center on Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), has created a classification system for branches ... Consumer Health Library. Buffalo, New York: Prometheus. ISBN 9780879757335. .. *^ Ernst, E. (2011-11-08). "Alternative medicine ...
Ohio State University
The William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library, anchoring the Oval's western end, is Ohio State library's main branch and largest ... Its recent acquisitions were 16th among university research libraries in North America. Along with 21 libraries on its ... It is home to the James Cancer Hospital, a cancer research institute and one of the National Cancer Institute's forty-one ... In all, the Ohio State library system encompasses 55 branches and specialty collections. Some more significant collections ...
Westport: Libraries Unlimited, pp. 200. *^ D. Shai (2008). "Changes in the oral tradition among the Jews of Kurdistan". ... Medrese education in northern Kurdistan dspace.library.uu.nl *^ Bruinessen, Martin (1998). "Zeynelabidin Zinar, Medrese ... Kurds speak the Kurdish languages and the Zaza-Gorani languages, which belong to the Western Iranian branch of the Iranian ... Jakob Künzler, head of a missionary hospital in Urfa, documented the large-scale ethnic cleansing of both Armenians and Kurds ...
Library resources about. Altruism *Resources in your library. *Resources in other libraries ... Jorge Moll and Jordan Grafman, neuroscientists at the National Institutes of Health and LABS-D'Or Hospital Network (J.M.) ... Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 10 April 2012.]. *^ [Batson, C. (2011). Altruism in humans. New York, NY US: Oxford ...
About Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. Retrieved January 5, 2014. *^ Mission and History, ... Brooks Memorial Library is Brattleboro's partially municipally-funded and modestly-endowed library. It also houses a town ... The Select Board, meeting on average every week or two, is considered part of the 'executive branch' of town government; its ... Brattleboro is home to the Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, a 61-bed community hospital serving southeastern Vermont since 1904. ...
Separate from the New York Public Library, it is composed of 63 branches throughout the borough. In the fiscal year 2001, the ... Donald Trump, a businessman who became the 45th President of the United States, was born in Jamaica Hospital Medical Center and ... "The Greater New York Charter as enacted in 1897". via Columbia University Libraries. p. 2. ... The Queens Public Library is the public library system for the borough and one of three library systems serving New York City. ...
Fort Bend County, Texas
Texas State Technical College Fort Bend County Libraries operates many libraries in the county. Houston Public Library operates ... After Memorial Hermann Hospital and St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital opened facilities in Fort Bend County, already home to local ... one branch in the county. Local newspapers in the county include three weeklies: the Fort Bend Star, headquartered in Stafford ... The Newberry Library. 2008. Archived from the original on May 13, 2015. Retrieved May 23, 2015. Kotkin, Joel. "No 5: Fort Bend ...
Marquette Branch Prison
MBP has one main law library and four other mini law libraries), a large volunteer program, religious, as well as recreation ... Women were also sentenced to MBP at this time and their work was in the kitchen, laundry room, hospital, and hosiery mill. In ... The Marquette Branch Prison (MBP) is located in Marquette, Michigan on the south shore of Lake Superior. The prison, which ... The prison was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as State House of Correction and Branch Prison on November 23 ...
Profile of Queen Elizabeth Hospital & Health Library [WorldCat.org]
Health Library in Woodville, South Australia, such as address, phone, catalog search and newest items. ... Queen Elizabeth Hospital & Health Library The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Library. 28 Woodville Road. Woodville, South Australia ... Recent Additions to Worldcat for Queen Elizabeth Hospital & Health Library August 2016. *All (2) ... Search for Library Items Search for Lists Search for Contacts Search for a Library ...
Profile of WWL - Wigan Hospital Library [WorldCat.org]
Wigan Hospital Library in Wigan, , such as address, phone, catalog search and newest items. ... Email: email@example.com Branch / affiliate of: Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust ... WWL - Wigan Hospital Library Trust Library Wigan, Education Centre. Wigan, WN1 2LB Map It United Kingdom ... Recent additions to WorldCatWWL - Wigan Hospital Library May2018 *All (38) ...
Ottendorfer Public Library and Stuyvesant Polyclinic Hospital - Wikipedia
A separate childrens room was also established at the Ottendorfer branch, following the popularity of childrens libraries at ... The library was the second branch of the New York Free Circulating Library, while the hospital was affiliated with the German ... The city also had numerous private libraries, such as the Astor Library and Lenox Library, but few libraries for the general ... 20,000 to the library and the hospital. In 1901, the eleven branches of the NYFCL system, including the Ottendorfer branch, ...
The Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital & UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
Accessing other libraries. Members of the Library are entitled to use all UCL Libraries on production of a valid UCL ID card / ... Nearest tube: Old Street (Northern Line - Bank branch). *Map of the area ... The Joint Library of Ophthalmology The Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital & UCL Institute of Ophthalmology ... Moorfields ID card with valid library barcode / UCL Library card. Items held in other UCL Libraries can be identified via ...
Edward G. Miner Library
Title: Branch Librarian, Eastman Institute of Oral Biology; and Highland Hospital - Branch Libraries. Email Address: Lorraine_ ... Title: Library Assistant - Branch Libraries. Email Address: [email protected] Phone Number: 275-5010 ... Title: Director, Miner Libraries - Administration and Finance. Email Address: [email protected] Phone ... Liaison for: Imaging Sciences, Psychiatry, Monroe Community Hospital, Palliative Care, Social Work/Patient and Family Centered ...
Alpha, Queensland - Wikipedia
"Alpha Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 30 May 2016. Archived from the original on 29 January ... Barcaldine Regional Council operates a library at the Alpha town hall on Tennyson Street. The Alpha branch of the Queensland ... "Alpha Hospital and Multipurpose Health Service". Central West Hospital. 25 November 2016. Archived from the original on 11 ... "Branch locations". Queensland Country Womens Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 ...
About the Osler Library of the History of Medicine | McGill Library - McGill University
... as a library within the McGill University Libraries, the Library needs communication with the library system, particularly with ... Richard Fraser Department of Pathology, Montreal General Hospital Re-elected 2020 Dr. Abraham Fuks Faculty of Medicine and ... Functions of the library Oslers original description of the Librarys purpose remains unchanged. The Library is to serve, as ... Collection description The Osler Librarys books and serials are listed in the McGill Library Catalogue. The Osler Library also ...
Branch Detailed Info | Queens Library
Local Hospitals. Jamaica Hospital Medical Center 8900 Van Wyck Expressway Jamaica NY , 11418 phone: (718) 206-6000 ... "Libraries" by Phyllis Dan in The Encyclopedia of New York City.. Lighting the Way: The Centennial History of the Queens Borough ... The new Central Library was the first major branch of an urban library to place all public services on one floor. The library ... The Queens Librarys online catalog, InfoLinQ (Information online at Queens Library) was unveiled at the Central Library in ...
Clayton, MO in St. Louis County | Homefacts
Browse subject: Health facilities | The Online Books Page
Division of Hospital and Medical Facilities. Program Planning and Analysis Branch, and United States. Public Health Service. ... Reference Section, National Library of Medicine, 1985), by Karen D. Armstead and National Library of Medicine (U.S.). Reference ... The Schools and Libraries Internet Access Act : hearing before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade, and Consumer ... Division of Hospital and Medical Facilities. Program Evaluation and Reports Branch (page images at HathiTrust) ...
Robertson Hospital Register Entry for F. E. Tucker :: Robertson Hospital Register
Tompkins-McCaw Library. Special Collections & Archives; Museum of the Confederacy (Richmond, Va.) ... Acknowledgement of the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested. ... Regiment Branch Artillery Regiment Number 1 Date of Admission 1864-07-22 ... Robertson Hospital (Richmond, Va.) -- Registers; Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals; Military ...
Robertson Hospital Register Entry for G. T. Jenkins :: Robertson Hospital Register
Tompkins-McCaw Library. Special Collections & Archives; Museum of the Confederacy (Richmond, Va.) ... Acknowledgement of the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested. ... Regiment Branch Artillery Regiment Number 1 Date of Admission 1865-01-31 ... Robertson Hospital (Richmond, Va.) -- Registers; Richmond (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals; Military ...
Alief, Houston - Wikipedia
... is also available in the libraries. The Harris County Public Library System has 26 branches, although none are ... a b "Our Hospital Archived 2011-04-26 at the Wayback Machine. West Houston Medical Center. (c)1999-2010. Retrieved July 2, ... "Librarys Named Buildings". Houston Public Library. Retrieved July 4, 2011. *^ a b "Library Facts Archived 2011-09-26 at the ... The David M. Henington-Alief Regional Branch of Houston Public Library is in Alief. The branch is located at 7979 South ...
A Brief Cahuenga Branch Library History | Los Angeles Public Library
There is a "Friends of the Library" group for most branch libraries and departments of the Central Library. Friends groups ... Childrens Hospital was begun, and a group of citizens offered to purchase land for a Neighborhood library near Santa Monica ... Through its Central Library and 72 branches, the Los Angeles Public Library provides free and easy access to information, ideas ... My Library Account. My Library Account. Use the enhanced My Library Account (which offers an ezlogin option) to renew books, ...
The USA Biomedical Library provides free online access to the following textbook chapters: Cultural Competence in Hospital ... Jada Bussey-Jones MD, Inginia Genao MD and William T. Branch MD, 2007. Comprehensive Hospital Medicine: An Evidence-Based ... Biomedical Library. The USA Biomedical Library provides access to the librarys book and journal collection and serves as a ... The USA Biomedical Library provides free online access to the following journals:. American Journal of Medical Quality. Peer- ...
Frequently Asked Questions - Veterans Centre - Sunnybrook Hospital
Is there a library in the Veterans Centre?. A Toronto Public Library branch is located on the ground floor of K-wing. Books, ... magazines and DVDs / videos may be borrowed as in other public libraries. It is open to all Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 p.m ... If you have a family member living at the Veterans Centre, your placement will be in another area of the hospital other than ... Hospital , Care Programs , Veterans Program , Residents and visitors , Resident care , Frequently asked questions ...
Stores | Village at Shirlington
For more information on Arlington Public LIbraries please visit:. http://library.arlingtonva.us/locations/shirlington-branch- ... SHIRLINGTON ANIMAL HOSPITAL. 703-570-6600. Address. 2770 S Arlington Mill Drive Arlington, VA 22206 ... library.arlingtonva.us/locations/shirlington-branch-library/ Equal parts fiction and fabulous, this lovely library has the ... SHIRLINGTON BRANCH LIBRARY. 703-228-6545. Address. 4200 Campbell Avenue Arlington, VA 22206 ...
Local | LibraryThing
UBC Library - Life Sciences Libraries Network , Biomedical Branch Library (0.7 miles). 2775 Laurel Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z ... UBC Library - Life Sciences Libraries Network , St. Pauls Hospital Library (1.3 miles) ... About , Contact , Privacy/Terms , Help/FAQs , Blog , Store , APIs , TinyCat , Legacy Libraries , Early Reviewers , Common ... Copyright LibraryThing and/or members of LibraryThing, authors, publishers, libraries, cover designers, Amazon, Bol, Bruna, etc ...
Shinjuku - Wikipedia
... the Okubo Library, and the Nakamachi Library. In addition there is a branch library, Branch Library of Central Library in the ... 8.1 Libraries. *8.2 Hospitals. *8.3 Cultural centers *8.3.1 Museums. *8.3.2 Halls ... the Yotsuya Library, the Tsurumaki Library, Tsunohazu Library, the Nishi-Ochiai Library, the Toyama Library, the Kita-Shinjuku ... Libraries. Shinjuku operates several public libraries, including the Central Library (with the Childrens Library), ...
The National Archives | Search other Archives | Accessions to Repositories | Major Accessions to Aberdeen City Archives, 2001
Oathlaw Parish Library register c1885-1919 (MS 723). *Royal National Lifeboat Institution: Montrose branch: records 1855-1970 ( ... Stracathro Hospital Nurses League: records (MS 726). Ayrshire Archives. *Loudoun estate: letter books, cash books etc 1857-1933 ... Aberdeen University, Special Libraries and Archives. *Innes family of Learney: papers c1750-1920 (MS 3667) ... English Association, Scottish branch: minutes 1912-45 (E.2001.05). Glasgow University Archive Services. *Sir John Brown (1901- ...
Bexar County to Open Its Third All-Digital BiblioTech Library Branch in 2017 | The Digital Reader
has opened multiple digital library branches, including one at a hospital and another at a courthouse, and now the program is ... Its BiblioTech library system follows the trend seen in college libraries in that paper books have been displaced in favor of ... Bexar County to Open Its Third All-Digital BiblioTech Library Branch in 2017. 31 March, 2016. 19 October, 2016. Digital Library ... The all-digital branches may have lower physical operating costs, but they also have much higher digital costs. Library ebooks ...
History of the Health Sciences
Libraries, Medical; Universities; Utah; Aspects, Historical. University of Utah Medical Library Floor Plans. Edwards & Daniels ... Dr Branch was Chief of the Department of Psychiatry, Salt Lake General Hospital and [...]. ... Salt Lake County General Hospital (1950). Hospitals, County; Hospitals, General; Hospitals, Public; Hospitals, Teaching; ... Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, logo. EHSL. <=$ehslSimple ?>. Sciences Library. Spencer S. ...
City of Buffalo - Neighborhoods - University at Buffalo Libraries
University at Buffalo Libraries provide resources for students, faculty and the public ... Libraries. Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Avenue,Buffalo, NY 14220 Map, 716-823-1854 ... Hospitals. Two major hospitals, the Erie County Medical Center and Sisters Hospital (below right), are located within this area ... Libraries. North Park Library 975 Hertel Avenue. Dining, Local Entertainment & Nightlife. North Buffalo has a wide variety of ...
Digital Forsyth | Forsyth County Public Library - Reynolda Manor Branch
Structures › Buildings › R. J. Reynolds Slater Hospital for Negroes (1). *Structures › Buildings › R. J. Reynolds Tobacco ... Structures › Structure Types › Libraries (4). *Structures › Structure Types › Loading Dock (3). *Structures › Structure Types ... Home › Photos › Structures › Buildings › Forsyth County Public Library - Reynolda Manor Branch Forsyth County Public Library - ... C.G. OKelly Library (WSSU). Coy C. Carpenter Library (WFU). Forsyth County Public Library. Old Salem Museums & Gardens. Z. ...
Fillmore, California map with satellite view
Libraries: Piru Branch Ventura County Library, Oak Park Branch Ventura County Library, Newbury Park Library, Blanchard ... Simi Valley Adventist Hospital Medical Library, Simi Valley Library, Fillmore Branch Ventura County Library, Camarillo Branch ... Community Library, Saticoy Library, Rockwell International Science Center Library, ... In addition, Fillmore boasts many architecturally elaborate libraries that not only hold copious amounts of books, but also act ...
The Far Fur Country DVD Combo Pack | Winnipeg Film Group
PUBLIC LIBRARIES - Please inquire about discounts for multiple copies purchased for branch libraries.. , , SCHOOL BOARDS - ... includes K-12 and Public Libraries). , , This DVD is priced to accommodate library borrowing and educational screenings within ... a single library, school, small office, or hospital.. , , Circulating outside the organization, institution, or office or to ... This DVD is designed for library and instructional use in a workshop or classroom setting at a university or school board. ...
Confronting the Past - 3 DVD set | Winnipeg Film Group
PUBLIC LIBRARIES - Please inquire about discounts for multiple copies purchased for branch libraries.. , , SCHOOL BOARDS - ... includes K-12 and Public Libraries). , , This DVD is priced to accommodate library borrowing and educational screenings within ... a single library, school, small office, or hospital.. , , Circulating outside the organization, institution, or office or to ... This DVD is designed for library and instructional use in a workshop or classroom setting at a university or school board or ...
Berkeley Public Library South Branch · RSM Design
The Tarea Hall Pittman Library has a long history in the city of Berkeley. Originally built in 1896 as the ... as well as signage for the tool lending library--one of the only such libraries in the country. We drew inspiration from the ... Memorial Hermann Hospital. Healthcare Signage Design. Wayfinding Signage Design, Master Sign Programs ... The new South Branch library building was open to the public in 2013, and was renamed the Tarea Hall Pittman Library in 2015 ...
CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY | Encyclopedia of Cleveland History | Case Western Reserve University
... one of the nations leading public library systems, opened its doors on 17 February 1869, under the provisions of an April 1867 ... Through Bretts persuasion, Andrew Carnegie donated $590,000 for the construction of fifteen branch libraries, each of which ... There were also library stations and deposit collections established in businesses, factories, hospitals, private homes, and ... CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY The CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY, one of the nations leading public library systems, opened its doors on ...
Search results | Emerald Insight
... central libraries to extended branch schemes. The cold fact is that only in a few cases, if in any, will any building of ... no elaborate library accommodation is possible, let us reflect that what really matters are a book service and a centre of ... and hospitals, will be preferred to us. Librarians, however, must be opportunists, too ; they will lose nothing by readiness to ... It can be assumed now that readers do not need so much inducement to use public libraries as they did formerly, although some ...
Savannah Cerebral Palsy Lawyer | Seek Justice For Your Child
Chatham County Law Library. 133 Montgomery St #503, Savannah, GA 31401. W W Law Branch Library. 909 E Bolton St, Savannah, GA ... Landmark Hospital of Savannah. 800 E 68th St, Savannah, GA 31405. Select Specialty Hospital - Savannah. 5353 Reynolds St, ... Savannah Law Libraries. ... Savannah Hospitals. Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center. 1170 ... Georgia Regional Hospital. 1915 Eisenhower Dr, Savannah, GA 31406. Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Savannah. 6510 ...
List of Mobius Libraries by City // J. Otto Lottes Health Sciences Library
Public Library. Christian County Library. Christian County Library. Climax Spring. Climax Springs Branch. Camden County Library ... Affiliated with MU Health Care and Libraries. 1 Hospital Dr., Columbia, MO 65212. Phone: (573) 882-4153. Contact Us. ... Sunrise Beach Branch. Camden County Library District. Camden County Library. Trenton. Library. North Central Missouri College. ... Camdenton Branch. Camden County Library District. Camden County Library. Canton. Carl Johann Memorial Library. Culver-Stockton ...
Killearn Hospital - Killearn, Scotland
Your local library will be able to reserve a copy for you if you are interested - I have a reservatiion at our local branch ... Local Libraries. *Balfron Library. *Drymen Library. *Killearn Mobile Library. *Strathblane Library. *Local Schools. *Balfron ... Killearn Hospital. Killearn Hospital was one of five commisioned in 1938 in preparation for the war. Building started in 1939 ... I trained at Killearn Hospital in 1949-1951. It was an excellent hospital. Athol Parkes was my brother in law..He died far too ...
Killearn Hospital - Killearn, Scotland
Your local library will be able to reserve a copy for you if you are interested - I have a reservatiion at our local branch ... Local Libraries. *Balfron Library. *Drymen Library. *Killearn Mobile Library. *Strathblane Library. *Local Schools. *Balfron ... Killearn Hospital. Killearn Hospital was one of five commisioned in 1938 in preparation for the war. Building started in 1939 ... I trained at Killearn Hospital in 1949-1951. It was an excellent hospital. Athol Parkes was my brother in law..He died far too ...
Online Catalog | PGIM Library
The Branch Library: Teaching Hospital, (First Floor) Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. Note:The libraries will be closed on public ... The library is served the information needs of the postgraduate trainees of the Institute and other medical professionals by ... Snail mail: Library, Postgraduate Institute of Medicine. 160, Prof. Nandadasa Kodagoda Mawatha,Colobmo 07, Sri Lanka ... Welcome to the Library of Postgraduate Institute of Medicine(PGIM), University of Colombo. ...
News from Grosse Pointe Public Library
7:00pm - Woods Branch - Register Here Hugo. Wednesday, April 11: No Fines Day at all GP Libraries! ... John Hospital & Medical Center. Learn how to have a voice now in medical decisions, documenting your choices, selecting a ... The Grosse Pointe Public Library will celebrate National Library Week, April 9-14, 2012. National Library Week began in 1958 ... Job Resources @ Your Library: Assistant Director James Moffet and Librarian Danis Houser will outline the wide variety of job ...
A Guide to the Zelma Wilson Architectural Collection, 1940-1995 Wilson, Zelma Architectural Collection Ms1991-046
Special Collections, University Libraries (0434). 560 Drillfield Drive. Newman Library, Virginia Tech. Blacksburg, Virginia ... Camarillo State Hospital, Childrens Unit Improvements, 1986. 24,8, Box-folder *Child Care Center Conversion, Los Angeles Air ... Ventura County Sheriff Office/ Slaughter House Branch Jail Honor Farm (Ventura Co., CA, 1984-1986 Institutional):[Ms, Dr]. ... Thacher School, Library Addition - Correspondence, n.d.. 24,52, Box-folder *Tres Condados Girl Scout Council, 1973-1975. 24,53 ...
Meadowgreen Community Information - Saskatoon - RentFaster.ca
Know more about Meadowgreen community closest schools, libraries, bus routes, landmark and neighbouring communities. ... Meadowgreen Closest Libraries. Name/Address. Distance. Carlyle King Branch Library. 3130 Laurier Drive, Saskatoon. 1.33 km. ... Pediatric Residence Library. R U H Hospital, Saskatoon. 4.75 km. Leslie and Irene Dubé Health Sciences Library. Health Sciences ... Freda Ahenakew Branch Library. 219 Avenue K South, Saskatoon. 1.74 km. Mayfair Branch Library. 602 33rd Street West, Saskatoon ...
Digital Forsyth | O'Kelly Library
Structures › Buildings › Forsyth County Public Library - Clemmons Branch (3). *Structures › Buildings › Forsyth County Public ... Structures › Buildings › R. J. Reynolds Slater Hospital for Negroes (1). *Structures › Buildings › R. J. Reynolds Tobacco ... Structures › Structure Types › Libraries (4). *Structures › Structure Types › Loading Dock (3). *Structures › Structure Types ... C.G. OKelly Library (WSSU). Coy C. Carpenter Library (WFU). Forsyth County Public Library. Old Salem Museums & Gardens. Z. ...
December - City of Sioux Falls
Program at Siouxland Libraries Downtown Library to Focus on Boosting Energy Efficiency Posted 12/03/2018 Siouxland Libraries ... Three Siouxland Libraries Branches to Host Holly Jolly Hip Hop Parties Posted 12/11/2018 Siouxland Libraries ... again this holiday season to provide gifts for those children who unfortunately have to spend the holidays in the hospital ... Three Siouxland Libraries Branches to Host Noon Years Eve Festivities Posted 12/21/2018 Siouxland Libraries ...
oshawa parking covid
Put on expensive Hospital parking fees NEWS, by Courtney Bachar/The Oshawa Express/LJI Reporter public libraries and see What ... Oshawa Hospital Floor Plan. Sikorski Branch. For more information on parking downtown, visit www.oshawa.ca/parking. Staff were ... Library Take-Out Service. View our Multi-Year Accessiblity Plan here. Oshawa Clay and Target Club, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. ... Oshawa Hospital: 1 Hospital Court, Oshawa, ON L1G 2B9. Toronto police has announced that parking enforcement has been suspended ...
FOL Board | VCU Libraries
Libraries*James Branch Cabell Library. *Cabell floor maps. *Health Sciences Library. *Health Sciences Library floor maps ... Marys Hospital, is a founding member of the philanthropic Original Circle of Friends organization, and is a member of the ... Friends of VCU Libraries Board. The membership of the Friends of VCU Libraries is led by a board of volunteers. The Friends of ... More about ways you can give to VCU Libraries.. All checks should be made payable to "VCU Foundation" with the particular fund ...
University of Guam | Ranking & Review
University of Guams library has 1 branch. Housing. Yes. University of Guam provides on-campus housing. The total dormitory ... Higher Education-related Organizations Religiously Affiliated Universities Directory of University Libraries A-Z list of World ... Institutional Hospital. Not reported. Tip: search for University of Guams facilities and services with the uniRank Search ... Library. Yes University of Guams library collection is comprised of both physical (i.e. books, medium etc.) and digital/ ...
WHSC Library News | News about the Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library
We have branch libraries located at four EHC hospitals: EUH, EUH Midtown, Emory Saint Josephs Hospital, and Grady campus. ... July 1 changes to the Librarys Website highlights Clinical Resources. On July 1st, the WHSC Librarys website will be modified ... Access Full Text Animal Models Available Databases eBooks event Hours library spaces Mobile Point of Care Public Health ... The Library will open earlier on Saturdays and Sundays and stay open later on Friday nights. Fall Standard Schedule: Sunday: 9: ...
osceola city limits
... this branch was eventually moved into a location. Nearest Library, Police Stations, Fire Stations and Hospitals patrons were ... Before that, there were two libraries, which are still named after the original independent libraries, run by womens ... There are currently six branches of the Osceola County Library System: The Hart Memorial Library is home to the Ray Shanks Law ... Find Fire Insurance Service Office Rating, nearest Library, Police Stations, Fire Stations and Hospitals. Osceola Jail Basic ...
west bloomfield library phone number
West Bloomfield Township Public Library - Westacres Branch. Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital is a Level III trauma center ... Recipient of the National Medal, the nations highest honor for libraries. Returned materials will remain on your library ... works or owns property in the City of Bloomfield Hills is eligible for a library card at the Baldwin Public Library. Library ... Miles: Todays Hours: Library Hours: Library: 4: 10:00am - 5:00pm Not here, we have FIVE 100" TV Screens that are surrounded by ...
CentreLibrary'sConsortium1880CatalogCollectionResourcesCharityAdultNegotiationsCommunityRegulationsParticipationStaffFamiliesAccessCampusFacilitiesTypeClinicalServiceServicesDepartmentsMainReading roomYork Public LibraryMaterialsUniversityOpenMembersBoardColoradoSciencesHistoryHealth LibraryMedicinePrivatePublicOffersResultsExploreMedicalBooksProvideCardHoursEventsElectronicCareVisitFullLocal
- Concurrently, public amenities, such as schools, a magistrate's court and a hospital, were built, and by the turn of the century, Bukit Mertajam was selected by the Straits Settlements authorities as the administrative centre of the Central Province Wellesley District. (wikipedia.org)
- The Osler Library is a major resource centre for historical research in the health sciences and is the international centre for the study of Sir William Osler and the Oslerian tradition. (mcgill.ca)
- The USA Biomedical Library provides access to the library's book and journal collection and serves as a centralized entry point into the library's numerous research tools and databases including PubMed, Access Medicine, ACP Pier, Cochrane, Clinical Key, Ovid's Primal Pictures, and other authoritative and full text tools only available through the library's paid subscriptions. (southalabama.edu)
- The Collaborative Summer Library Program, a consortium of states that works together to develop summer reading program materials for use by public libraries around the United States, began providing themed curriculum for adult programs in 2009. (lrs.org)
- One of the first general-public libraries to be established in New York City was the New York Free Circulating Library (NYFCL), having been incorporated in 1880, with its first branch opening on Bond Street in Lower Manhattan that year. (wikipedia.org)
- From 1880 to 1920, there were at least 155 hospitals operating in British Columbia, including several Chinese hospitals, founded in Victoria, New Westminster and Vancouver, and a Japanese hospital in Steveston. (ubc.ca)
- WorldCat is the world's largest library catalog, helping you find library materials online. (worldcat.org)
- To locate a particular collection within any of the UCL Libraries see the list of Library locations by subject . (ucl.ac.uk)
- Of the couple, Oswald was more closely involved with the library, personally selecting its book collection, while Anna was more involved with the clinic. (wikipedia.org)
- When the Ottendorfer Library opened, it had a collection of 8,819 volumes of which 4,035 were in German and 4,784 were in English. (wikipedia.org)
- The Osler Library of the History of Medicine opened in 1929 to house the collection of rare medical and other books donated by Sir William Osler, the renowned physician and McGill graduate and professor. (mcgill.ca)
- Materials in this collection are made available by the Illinois State Library. (idaillinois.org)
- The MMC Clayton library has a collection of 16,000 books, approximately 700 journals and access to around 1,500 electronic journal titles. (monash.edu)
- The Library and Learning Center maintains a large collection of electronic information resources, print archives, rare books, and materials concerning the history of medicine. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- The collection at the VTH Library includes approximately 5,000 print books and journals. (colostate.edu)
- The library is pleased to let Moorfields staff know that we have acquired new electronic resources from ClinicalKey, Elsevier, that are accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Educational programs for adults and children, music, lectures all formed part of the library resources. (lapl.org)
- South Dublin Libraries are community spaces where people come to read, relax, learn and search the broad range of human knowledge stored in books and in online resources. (sdcc.ie)
- It aims at selecting suitable dermatology Web resources for inclusion in the forthcoming Virtual Branch Libraries after establishing preliminary quality benchmarking rules for this task. (jmir.org)
- Over 90 professional and patient-oriented Web resources on psoriasis and dermatology in general are suggested for inclusion in the forthcoming Dermatology Virtual Branch Libraries. (jmir.org)
- An initial overview of Chinese hospital development reveals that Chinese hospitals mimicked charity hospitals found in China at the time and utilized Chinese, rather than Western medicine. (ubc.ca)
- Libraries also encourage participation by inviting adult registrants to give book suggestions, submit book reviews online, and post online photos of themselves reading or engaging in activities related to the theme. (lrs.org)
- Adult summer reading programs benefit both the library and patrons in various ways. (lrs.org)
- The number of libraries offering adult summer reading programs rose from 29 percent in 2008 to 36 percent in 2010. (lrs.org)
- The hospital was utilized as a source of leverage for Japanese fishing leaders during fishing price negotiations. (ubc.ca)
- From the outset, Cahuenga Library was dedicated to community service, "I remember when they were rolling bandages in the Library auditorium during World War I," says Mr. Raymond Thompson, a resident of the community since 1910, "and they used to have community sings every week. (lapl.org)
- Race, hospital development and the power of community. (ubc.ca)
- Although much is known about the development of general public hospitals in Canada during the turn of the twentieth century, little is known about the rich diversity of smaller community hospitals founded during this time period. (ubc.ca)
- Over time, the hospital became closely tied to the changing needs and prosperity of the local Japanese fishing community. (ubc.ca)
- From the unique perspective of community leaders, the hospital became an important political tool in the fight for racial and economic equality. (ubc.ca)
- Chinese and Japanese hospitals were grassroots community initiatives that not only met important local and cultural needs, but could also play an important role in broader issues of social justice. (ubc.ca)
- Bay Park Community Hospital seeks volunteers for the Beacon gift shop and information desk. (toledoblade.com)
- The Library is generously supported through endowments and donations and the active participation of members of the Friends of the Osler Library. (mcgill.ca)
- Staff from other trusts may be eligible to use the Library . (ucl.ac.uk)
- The Library has reciprocal arrangements with some other institutions and hospital trusts to allow staff and postgraduates reference access. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Please ask a member of library staff if you do not know your PIN. (ucl.ac.uk)
- 24/7 access is available to staff and on-site Monash University postgraduate students by swiping your ID card over the electronic lock at the main entrance of the library. (monash.edu)
- UT Southwestern faculty, staff, and students as well as residents and clinical faculty from Children's Medical Center and Parkland Health & Hospital System). (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Library staff is available for consult by appointment. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Family House emergency shelter for temporarily homeless families needs volunteers for reception desk or library, to tutor, plan children s activities. (toledoblade.com)
- Otherwise, you may access ClinicalKey via the USA Biomedical Library using your USAonline user ID and password for login. (southalabama.edu)
- Your ID card provides access to the hospital and University areas, as well as access to the Browns Road South car park. (monash.edu)
- The main Monash University Library at Clayton Campus provides access to a wide range of journals, and electronic journals . (monash.edu)
- In 1998, the U.K. National Health Service Information for Health Strategy proposed the implementation of a National electronic Library for Health to provide clinicians, healthcare managers and planners, patients and the public with easy, round the clock access to high quality, up-to-date electronic information on health and healthcare. (jmir.org)
- CSU Libraries offers access to over 30,000 electronic journals and over 250 databases, including CAB Abstracts, MEDLINE (PubMed), and Web of Science. (colostate.edu)
- The university centers on the Lundagård park adjacent to the Lund Cathedral , with various departments spread in different locations in town, but mostly concentrated in a belt stretching north from the park connecting to the university hospital area and continuing out to the northeastern periphery of the town, where one finds the large campus of the Faculty of Engineering . (wikipedia.org)
- The main facility (nearly 65,000 square feet) is located in the middle of the South Campus, while a small branch (4,750 square feet) is located on the North Campus. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- The Digital Media Production Studio (E2.306) on the Main Floor of the South Campus Library & Learning Center is available for all UT Southwestern clients. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Physical items (books, journals, DVDs) can be requested from Morgan Library (on main campus) and Book Storage (on Lake Street) to be delivered to VTH Library for pick-up. (colostate.edu)
- UCL Library Services offers a range of other facilities for disabled users which are listed separately. (ucl.ac.uk)
- The floor plan of the library was known as the "butterfly" type, containing two reading rooms, one on each side of a central entrance, desk, and stack room. (lapl.org)
- In Fall 2011, we conducted a study of the statewide courier system to determine the quantity and type of materials that libraries were sending via the courier system, and then to estimate, based on these numbers, the system's cost effectiveness versus using a commercial service. (lrs.org)
- The Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center supports the information needs of UT Southwestern's research, educational, and clinical activities. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Meetings were held each month in the Clinical Theatre of Prince Alfred Hospital, and the first student to read a paper was The Rev. David Dunlop Rutledge (q.v.), whose topic was My Life as a Medical Student. (sydneymedsoc.org.au)
- Items may be borrowed from the Issue Desk on production of a valid UCL ID card / Moorfields ID card / UCL Library card, or by using the self-service machine (you must have your library card with you and know your PIN). (ucl.ac.uk)
- Items may be returned in person to the Issue Desk, by using the self-service machine or by using the book bin located inside the Library when the Issue Desk is closed. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Skilled, methodical, organized human reviewing, selection and filtering based on well-defined quality appraisal criteria seems likely to be the key ingredient in the envisaged National electronic Library for Health service. (jmir.org)
- http://mass.gov/?pageID=mg2subtopic&L=4&L0=Home&L1=State+Government&L2=Branches+%26+Departments&sid=massgov2&L3=All+Agencies State Agencies] - 'This page provides an alphabetical listing by keyword of branches of government, Constitutional offices, and the departments under them, and provides links to those with websites. (ala.org)
- After the dispensary's charter was changed in 1866, the Lower East Side dispensary became a branch of the German Hospital, now the Lenox Hill Hospital, whose main location was on the Upper East Side. (wikipedia.org)
- ID cards are issued by the Security office to the left inside the main hospital entrance. (monash.edu)
- Take this to the cashier window in the main hospital foyer to pay for your parking. (monash.edu)
- You'll then need to head to Security (to the left inside the main hospital entrance) to have your parking added to your ID card. (monash.edu)
- Find out more about Zouki Café is located on Level 2 near the main entrance of the hospital. (monash.edu)
- A short-trunked apple tree with two main, forked branches growing in a field. (louisville.edu)
- Please ask the front desk for instructions to the library from inside the main lobby or call the library and we'll direct you. (colostate.edu)
- The gift included $10,000 in 7% railroad bonds and furnishings for the branch, which was to include a reading room. (wikipedia.org)
York Public Library2
- The buildings house the Ottendorfer Branch of the New York Public Library, as well as the women's workspace The Wing within the former Stuyvesant Polyclinic hospital. (wikipedia.org)
- This website is maintained by the Artistic Estate of Elaine Summers / Kinetic Awareness® Center, Inc. with special thanks to Jerome Robbins Dance Division, the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. (elainesummersdance.com)
- CSU Libraries have extensive archival and historical items, including photographs and materials from the history of the VTH. (colostate.edu)
- Acknowledgement of the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested. (vcu.edu)
- in 1919 it became the University of California, Southern Branch, and in 1929, when UCLA was built, it changed to Los Angeles Junior College, now City College. (lapl.org)
- The library cooperates with the other Monash Health libraries located at Dandenong, Moorabbin, Kingston, and Casey as well as the Monash University Library. (monash.edu)
- You will need a University ID to borrow from Monash University libraries. (monash.edu)
- The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) Library, a branch of the Colorado State University Libraries, was established in 1979 through a generous donation by the Harry E. Kingman family. (colostate.edu)
- Membership of the Friends is open to anyone who is interested in the Osler Library, the life and legacy of Sir William Osler or the history of medicine. (mcgill.ca)
- Members of the public are welcome to visit the Library: the cost for a day pass is £7. (ucl.ac.uk)
- The location Santa Monica and Madison was selected by the Library Board under the chairmanship of Mr. Orra E. Monette, because it was less expensive than the corner of Santa Monica and Vermont. (lapl.org)
- The Senate declined to recognise an 'unauthorised' society among undergraduates, and merely forwarded the letter to the Board of Directors of the Hospital. (sydneymedsoc.org.au)
- In 2010, 41 public libraries in Colorado offered these programs. (lrs.org)
- Between 2008 and 2010, almost all public libraries in Colorado offered summer reading programs for children, and close to two-thirds offered these programs for teens (see Chart 1). (lrs.org)
- Colorado libraries send an estimated 5.9 million items annually via the courier system. (lrs.org)
- Dive into annual statistics from the Colorado Public Library Annual Report using our interactive tool, results tailored to trustees, and state totals and averages. (lrs.org)
- LRS is part of the Colorado State Library , a unit of the Colorado Department of Education . (lrs.org)
- Ongoing education in literature, languages, music and the sciences in all our branch libraries further enhance the learning network of the County. (sdcc.ie)
- The Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center is the proud recipient of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Chapter 2017 and 2015 Emerging Technology Awards. (utsouthwestern.edu)
- Scholarship in medical history is supported through the Osler Library Studies in the History of Medicine series of publications and a research travel grant awarded annually. (mcgill.ca)
- Find out more about the Monash Health Library . (monash.edu)
- Bequeathed to McGill in gratitude for the sound education and strong support he received early in his career, his Library reflects the man, a life in medicine, and his creativity and humanity. (mcgill.ca)
- In contrast, the Japanese hospital, which is the primary focus of this study, was built as a 'modern' hospital and utilized Western scientific medicine and trained nurses. (ubc.ca)
- The city also had numerous private libraries, such as the Astor Library and Lenox Library, but few libraries for the general public, especially for immigrants and the poor. (wikipedia.org)
- The Ottendorfer Public Library and Stuyvesant Polyclinic Hospital are a pair of historic buildings at 135 and 137 Second Avenue in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan in New York City. (wikipedia.org)
- We design and conduct library research for library and education professionals, public officials, and the media to inform practices and assessment needs. (lrs.org)
- Use the enhanced My Library Account (which offers an ezlogin option) to renew books, make fine payments, check hold status and suspend holds, save searches, save lists, and even provide others with an rss feed of your saved lists. (lapl.org)
- Our results showed that the courier system continues to provide substantial cost savings to participating libraries. (lrs.org)
- To extend your loans, log into your account via the library catalogue Explore . (ucl.ac.uk)
- To reserve an item currently on loan, locate it on Explore , click in the 'Locations' tab and sign in with your library barcode number and PIN. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Mobile libraries cross the County daily to remote urban and rural places bringing new worlds to discover and explore. (sdcc.ie)
- The hospital building features terracotta busts of several notable medical professionals. (wikipedia.org)
- Early in 1888, the Honorary Secretary of the Society, Cecil Purser, was instructed to write to the Senate, urging 'the necessity that exists for more regular attendance…of Honorary Medical Officers at Prince Alfred Hospital, and also the necessity of the Honorary Medical Officers giving more bedside instruction than they do at present. (sydneymedsoc.org.au)
- item: Agriculture likes to many decades 1-5 and looks file, branch, and file, not empirically as experience of books and employment research. (redsea-online.com)
- A major issue is the transfer of this technology to the commercial sector to provide hospitals with simple, reliable, and relatively inexpensive accelerators for this application. (unt.edu)
- To log in you must enter your library barcode number (found at the back of your ID / library card) and your PIN. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Library hours were from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 2-6 p.m. Sundays until 1922, when all libraries were closed on Sundays. (lapl.org)
- Shrinking library budgets may have led to several factors that negatively impacted the number of registrants, including closed branch libraries, reduced marketing efforts, and a limited schedule of events. (lrs.org)
- The idea of an all-in knowledge-hallmarking instrument for the National electronic Library for Health is also proposed based on the reviewed quality benchmarking systems. (jmir.org)
- Furthermore, by promoting the application of agreed quality guidelines and codes of ethics by all health information providers and not just within the National electronic Library for Health, the overall quality of the Web will improve with time and the Web will ultimately become a reliable and integral part of the care space. (jmir.org)
- Disabled visitors should contact the Library prior to their visit. (ucl.ac.uk)
- Large tree [possibly pine tree] with full branches inside a rectangular frame. (louisville.edu)
- Analysis of primary and secondary sources, including two newly translated Japanese histories, demonstrates that local communities played a significant role in the development of Asian hospitals. (ubc.ca)