Medical Records Systems, Computerized
Electronic Health Records
Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Records as Topic
Forms and Records Control
Medical Record Linkage
Patient Access to Records
RING Finger Domains
A zinc-binding domain defined by the sequence Cysteine-X2-Cysteine-X(9-39)-Cysteine-X(l-3)-His-X(2-3)-Cysteine-X2-Cysteine -X(4-48)-Cysteine-X2-Cysteine, where X is any amino acid. The RING finger motif binds two atoms of zinc, with each zinc atom ligated tetrahedrally by either four cysteines or three cysteines and a histidine. The motif also forms into a unitary structure with a central cross-brace region and is found in many proteins that are involved in protein-protein interactions. The acronym RING stands for Really Interesting New Gene.
Health Records, Personal
Physical Conditioning, Animal
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Medical Records, Problem-Oriented
Carcinoma, Signet Ring Cell
Medical Records Department, Hospital
A type of strength-building exercise program that requires the body muscle to exert a force against some form of resistance, such as weight, stretch bands, water, or immovable objects. Resistance exercise is a combination of static and dynamic contractions involving shortening and lengthening of skeletal muscles.
A state arrived at through prolonged and strong contraction of a muscle. Studies in athletes during prolonged submaximal exercise have shown that muscle fatigue increases in almost direct proportion to the rate of muscle glycogen depletion. Muscle fatigue in short-term maximal exercise is associated with oxygen lack and an increased level of blood and muscle lactic acid, and an accompanying increase in hydrogen-ion concentration in the exercised muscle.
Analysis of Variance
A diverse class of enzymes that interact with UBIQUITIN-CONJUGATING ENZYMES and ubiquitination-specific protein substrates. Each member of this enzyme group has its own distinct specificity for a substrate and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. Ubiquitin-protein ligases exist as both monomeric proteins multiprotein complexes.
von Ebner Glands
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Pulmonary Gas Exchange
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
Ambulatory Care Information Systems
A family of the order Rodentia which contains 49 genera. Some of the more common genera are MARMOTA, which includes the marmot and woodchuck; Sciurus, the gray squirrel, S. carolinensis, and the fox squirrel, S. niger; Tamias, the eastern and western chipmunk; and Tamiasciurus, the red squirrel. The flying squirrels, except the scaly-tailed Anomaluridae, also belong to this family.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
The oxygen consumption level above which aerobic energy production is supplemented by anaerobic mechanisms during exercise, resulting in a sustained increase in lactate concentration and metabolic acidosis. The anaerobic threshold is affected by factors that modify oxygen delivery to the tissues; it is low in patients with heart disease. Methods of measurement include direct measure of lactate concentration, direct measurement of bicarbonate concentration, and gas exchange measurements.
Hospital Information Systems
A transferase that catalyzes formation of PHOSPHOCREATINE from ATP + CREATINE. The reaction stores ATP energy as phosphocreatine. Three cytoplasmic ISOENZYMES have been identified in human tissues: the MM type from SKELETAL MUSCLE, the MB type from myocardial tissue and the BB type from nervous tissue as well as a mitochondrial isoenzyme. Macro-creatine kinase refers to creatine kinase complexed with other serum proteins.
Heterocyclic Compounds with 4 or More Rings
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Protein Structure, Tertiary
The level of protein structure in which combinations of secondary protein structures (alpha helices, beta sheets, loop regions, and motifs) pack together to form folded shapes called domains. Disulfide bridges between cysteines in two different parts of the polypeptide chain along with other interactions between the chains play a role in the formation and stabilization of tertiary structure. Small proteins usually consist of only one domain but larger proteins may contain a number of domains connected by segments of polypeptide chain which lack regular secondary structure.
A chemical reaction in which an electron is transferred from one molecule to another. The electron-donating molecule is the reducing agent or reductant; the electron-accepting molecule is the oxidizing agent or oxidant. Reducing and oxidizing agents function as conjugate reductant-oxidant pairs or redox pairs (Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 1982, p471).
Information Storage and Retrieval
Physical Education and Training
Primary Health Care
Patient Identification Systems
A noninvasive technique that uses the differential absorption properties of hemoglobin and myoglobin to evaluate tissue oxygenation and indirectly can measure regional hemodynamics and blood flow. Near-infrared light (NIR) can propagate through tissues and at particular wavelengths is differentially absorbed by oxygenated vs. deoxygenated forms of hemoglobin and myoglobin. Illumination of intact tissue with NIR allows qualitative assessment of changes in the tissue concentration of these molecules. The analysis is also used to determine body composition.
Mitral Valve Annuloplasty
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
RNA sequences that serve as templates for protein synthesis. Bacterial mRNAs are generally primary transcripts in that they do not require post-transcriptional processing. Eukaryotic mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus and must be exported to the cytoplasm for translation. Most eukaryotic mRNAs have a sequence of polyadenylic acid at the 3' end, referred to as the poly(A) tail. The function of this tail is not known for certain, but it may play a role in the export of mature mRNA from the nucleus as well as in helping stabilize some mRNA molecules by retarding their degradation in the cytoplasm.
A 51-amino acid pancreatic hormone that plays a major role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, directly by suppressing endogenous glucose production (GLYCOGENOLYSIS; GLUCONEOGENESIS) and indirectly by suppressing GLUCAGON secretion and LIPOLYSIS. Native insulin is a globular protein comprised of a zinc-coordinated hexamer. Each insulin monomer containing two chains, A (21 residues) and B (30 residues), linked by two disulfide bonds. Insulin is used as a drug to control insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (DIABETES MELLITUS, TYPE 1).
Cumulative Trauma Disorders
Medical Record Administrators
Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Diffusion of Innovation
Decision Support Systems, Clinical
Natural Language Processing
Studies comparing two or more treatments or interventions in which the subjects or patients, upon completion of the course of one treatment, are switched to another. In the case of two treatments, A and B, half the subjects are randomly allocated to receive these in the order A, B and half to receive them in the order B, A. A criticism of this design is that effects of the first treatment may carry over into the period when the second is given. (Last, A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Muscle Fibers, Skeletal
Large, multinucleate single cells, either cylindrical or prismatic in shape, that form the basic unit of SKELETAL MUSCLE. They consist of MYOFIBRILS enclosed within and attached to the SARCOLEMMA. They are derived from the fusion of skeletal myoblasts (MYOBLASTS, SKELETAL) into a syncytium, followed by differentiation.
Muscle Fibers, Fast-Twitch
Exercise Movement Techniques
Heat Stress Disorders
Polycomb Repressive Complex 1
The active sympathomimetic hormone from the ADRENAL MEDULLA. It stimulates both the alpha- and beta- adrenergic systems, causes systemic VASOCONSTRICTION and gastrointestinal relaxation, stimulates the HEART, and dilates BRONCHI and cerebral vessels. It is used in ASTHMA and CARDIAC FAILURE and to delay absorption of local ANESTHETICS.
The intracellular transfer of information (biological activation/inhibition) through a signal pathway. In each signal transduction system, an activation/inhibition signal from a biologically active molecule (hormone, neurotransmitter) is mediated via the coupling of a receptor/enzyme to a second messenger system or to an ion channel. Signal transduction plays an important role in activating cellular functions, cell differentiation, and cell proliferation. Examples of signal transduction systems are the GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID-postsynaptic receptor-calcium ion channel system, the receptor-mediated T-cell activation pathway, and the receptor-mediated activation of phospholipases. Those coupled to membrane depolarization or intracellular release of calcium include the receptor-mediated activation of cytotoxic functions in granulocytes and the synaptic potentiation of protein kinase activation. Some signal transduction pathways may be part of larger signal transduction pathways; for example, protein kinase activation is part of the platelet activation signal pathway.
Body Temperature Regulation
Precursor of epinephrine that is secreted by the adrenal medulla and is a widespread central and autonomic neurotransmitter. Norepinephrine is the principal transmitter of most postganglionic sympathetic fibers and of the diffuse projection system in the brain arising from the locus ceruleus. It is also found in plants and is used pharmacologically as a sympathomimetic.
Access to Information
He retired after the bout. Fanni made his return to the ring more than three years later. He faced Mercurio Ciaramitaro in ... By the end of 1996, Fanni had compiled a respectable record of 30-5-2. He finally received his first (of three) world title ... He lost the bout by unanimous decision after 12 rounds. Jensen later ranked his victory over Fanni as one of his greatest ... He finished with a record of 33-9-2. Hailing from Cagliari, Fanni is the twelfth among thirteen siblings. His father was a ...
José Luis Ramírez
In 2003, Ring magazine placed Ramirez on their list of the 100 greatest punchers of all time. His boxing record is 102-9 (82 ... After that bout, he retired. Ramírez was a member of the less recognized, defunct World Boxing Hall of Fame in California, not ... After his move in weight to the Lightweights, 21-year-old Ramírez accumulated a record of 67-2, and met another boxing legend ... Ramírez won his following 10 bouts and on May 1, 1983, he was given the chance at becoming world Lightweight champion for the ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Ron Lyle
"Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "When ... Ali won the bout through a technical knockout in the 11th round. This bout was aired live primetime in the United States via ... Ali entered the bout at 224.5 pounds, the heaviest he had ever been at that point in his career. Lyle, at 219 pounds, was also ... As the ring girl from the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas strutted past Ali with a big card signaling the start of the eighth ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Alfredo Evangelista
"I'm 35 and I danced for 15 rounds, it's a miracle". Ali after his bout with Evangelista. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 ... Howard Cosell doing the bout for ABC who later said that this was one of the worst bouts he's ever seen. " ... Ali won the bout through a unanimous decision on points (71-65, 72-64 72-64). There was a crowd of about 12,000 at the Capital ... Evangelista entered the bout ranked eighth by the WBA and 10th by the WBC. The best moment of this fight occurred when ...
"Professional boxing record: Calvin Brock". Retrieved 2 April 2020. "Bout: Calvin Brock vs Clifford Etienne". Retrieved 2 April ... McCline, ranked No.8 heavyweight in the world by The Ring at the time, was coming off of a razor-thin split decision loss to ... "Professional boxing record: Zuri Lawrence". Retrieved 5 April 2020. "Bout: Calvin Brock Zuri Lawrence". Retrieved 5 April 2020 ... Coming into the bout, Etienne was 5-0-1 in his last six fights. The bout took place in Reliant Center in Houston, Texas, and ...
List of world light-heavyweight boxing champions "Ratings". The Ring. Retrieved 28 May 2020. "BoxRec: Bout". boxrec.com. ... After compiling a record of 26-1 (10 KO), he challenged Serhiy Demchenko on 3 March 2018 for the vacant European light- ... As of October 2020, he is ranked as the world's ninth best active light-heavyweight by The Ring. Boesel made his professional ... Two judges scored the bout 116-112 and the third scored it 118-110. On 16 November 2019 he challenged IBO light-heavyweight ...
"Queens man is a knockout EMT in the medical field - and a professional fighter in the boxing ring". 2011-10-20. "BoxRec-Bout ... "Boxing record for Will Rosinsky". BoxRec. "FDNY EMT to be in Showtime TV Boxing Match". NYC.gov. "Will Rosinsky". BoxRec.com. " ... On October 21, 2011, Rosinsky put his undefeated record on the line at MGM Theater, Foxwoods CT. He fought against Edwin "La ... "Three Blind Mice". http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/boxing/post/_/id/1730/rosinsky-loses-decision-to-pavlik Boxing record for ...
Ron Sparks (fighter)
"Square Ring Promotions - Island Fights 30". sherdog.com. "Jeremy May vs. Ron Sparks". Tapology.com. Professional MMA record for ... Josh Walker, cancelled bout". tapology.com. February 1, 2014. " ... 2014 at Square Ring Promotions: Island Fights 30. However, the ... Sparks would compile an undefeated record of 5-0 before being signed by Bellator MMA in June 2010. Sparks made his Bellator ...
The Ring. 2019-07-13. Retrieved 2021-01-10. "BoxRec: Bout". boxrec.com. Retrieved 2021-01-10. Stumberg, Patrick. "WBA orders ... Boxing record for Ronny Rios from BoxRec Ronny Rios - Profile, News Archive & Current Rankings at Box.Live. ...
The WBA declined to sanction the bout. A week before the bout, Oosthuizen was pulled from the bout and reportedly dropped by ... "Ratings - The Ring". The Ring. Retrieved 2018-08-10. "BoxRec". boxrec.com. Retrieved 2018-08-10. "10 Random Facts About Eleider ... Álvarez fought twice more in 2009 at the Montreal Casino, closing the year with a record of (3-0, 2 KOs). Álvarez did not fight ... Álvarez won the bout via unanimous decision with all three judges' scoring the bout 117-111 in his favor. After the fight, ...
"Boxing record for Ruben Villa". BoxRec. "Ratings". The Ring. Retrieved June 3, 2020. Abramson, Mitch (July 26, 2016). "Banner, ... All three judges scored the bout 80-72. After four more wins in non-title fights, one by KO, he won his second professional ... After compiling a record of 10-0 (4 KOs) he defeated Marlon Olea on April 14, 2018 at the Salinas Storm House in Salinas, ... As of June 2020, he is ranked as the world's eighth best active featherweight by The Ring. As an amateur, Villa compiled a ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Jerry Quarry
"Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 4 October 2016. Thomas Hauser (1991). Muhammad Ali:His Life and ... The first bout took place on October 26, 1970; and the second on June 27, 1972. Ali won both fights through technical knockouts ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Bugner
"Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2016. "'Aussie' Joe Bugner reveals what it was like to ... Their first bout took place on 14 February 1973; and the second on 1 July 1975. Ali won both matches through unanimous ... and it was the last bout Ali fought before Ali's Thrilla in Manila, his third fight with arch-rival Joe Frazier. " ...
Muhammad Ali vs. George Chuvalo
"Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 4 October 2016. Felix Dennis and Don Atyeo (2003). Muhammad Ali ... The first bout took place on March 29, 1966; and the second on May 1, 1972. Ali won both fights through unanimous decisions on ... "Muhammad Ali remembered in Canada for his bouts with granite-chinned George Chuvalo". Vancouver Sun. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 4 ... "Chuvalo, Ali photographer recalls legendary bout 50 years ago". Globe and Mail. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016. " ...
Cassius Clay vs. Alonzo Johnson
Clay won the bout on points with a unanimous decision. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 6 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Cassius Clay Scores Ring Upset". Reading Eagle. 23 July 1961. Retrieved 11 October ...
Official website Boxing record for Elin Cederroos from BoxRec "Boxing record for Elin Cederroos". BoxRec. "The Ring Women's ... With only five bouts in her career, on 22 March 2019, Cederroos fought Femke Hermans for the vacant IBF female super ... As of September 2020, she is ranked as the world's best active female super-middleweight by The Ring and BoxRec. Before ... Cederroos won the bout by majority decision after ten rounds. ...
Miguel Flores (boxer)
During a bout, Benjamin was critically hurt and required paramedic attention and was rushed to nearby Parkland Hospital to ... He died five days later, on May 5, 2009, from brain injuries suffered in the ring. Flores traveled the country for tournaments ... "Miguel Flores's Boxing Record". BoxRec. Retrieved September 27, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "BoxRec: Miguel ... He reportedly had about 100 amateur bouts. Miguel's first professional fight came 101 days after his brother died. It lasted 31 ...
Pennsylvania Senate Bill 632
"Mismatches in the Ring Draw Toughman Critics." New York Times. April 20, 2008. CBS News. "Lawmaker pushes for ban of Toughman ... The judge in the case ruled that in order for a bout to be categorized as a "tough guy competition," the participants must ... "State Senate flexing muscle in Toughman' contest fight." News Record. June 26, 1981. Rather, Dan. Toughman Boxing. CBS Evening ... "Tough Guy Bouts Fatal for Man, 23." Pittsburgh Press March 23, 1981. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Legislative Journal. April 27 ...
Arnold Barboza Jr.
"Boxing record for Arnold Barboza Jr". BoxRec. "Super lightweight ratings". The Ring. Retrieved September 28, 2020. "BoxRec: ... All three judges scored the bout 100-90. Barboza scored another three victories in 2019; a third-round knockout (KO) to retain ... After compiling a record of 19-0 (7 KOs) he defeated Manuel Lopez via ten-round UD on December 14, 2018, capturing the vacant ... As of September 2020, he is ranked as the world's ninth best active light welterweight by The Ring. Barboza made his ...
It was his last recorded pro bout. Morris Grant remained in New York City for the rest of his life. Although census records and ... Their last fight was on 8 December 1883, exactly one year and one day after they had last met in the ring. Morris apparently ... Grant's official record is five wins (two by knockout) against 10 losses (he was KO-ed four times) and one draws. He also ... Their first recorded match was January 14, 1881, when he lost on points in a three-rounder. Hadley claimed the Grant's title ...
Cassius Clay vs. Tunney Hunsaker
"Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) " ... Clay won the bout through a unanimous decision on points. This was Ali's first fight as a professional. Hunsaker was a part ...
Blin's record in the ring was 30-12-6 with eight knockouts. He was greatly admired by German boxing fans for his toughness and ... Blin won this bout, as well as the next five bouts against domestic opponents, and lost his first professional bout in June ... Blin later won the title in June 1972, his greatest triumph in the ring, when he beat Jose Urtain (who had beaten Blin for the ... Jurgen Blin record at boxrec.com "BoxRec". boxrec.com.. ... His first professional bout came against Klaus Krüger in ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Jürgen Blin
Ali won the bout through a knockout in the seventh round. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 5 ...
Cassius Clay vs. Billy Daniels
Both Daniels and Clay had been undefeated up till this bout. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 6 ...
Carl Davis (boxer)
... opening an eight bout card by scoring a third round stoppage of Mbaruku Kheri of Tanzania, in the opening preliminary bout to ... He compiled a record of 14-3 as a heavyweight. Under Schaefer's tutelage and guidance, Davis converted over thirty-five pounds ... to muscle mass, and returned to the ring as a cruiserweight. On Friday, December 17, 2010, at UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Davis ... Davis resides with his wife, Tywanda, and children in Chicago. Boxing record for Carl Davis from BoxRec http ...
Burley himself was never stopped in 98 bouts. He compiled a record of 83 wins (50 by knockout) against 12 losses and two draws ... Burley was ranked 39th on Ring Magazine's list of the 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years. An exhibit at the Western ... He knocked out George Liggins in the fourth round of a four-round bout. Less than two years later, on August 22, 1938, Burley ... He won a unanimous decision in the 15-round bout, knocking the Kid to the canvas three times and defeating him decisively, ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks
The bout was named The Ring magazine upset of the year. The final round (15) was named The Ring magazine round of the year. ... "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 6 October 2016. "Muhammad Ali meets his match as young Leon ... and the only man ever to take a world title away from Ali in the ring, as Ali's other losses were either non-title bouts or ... Sports Illustrated covered the bout, and with the historic upset put Leon Spinks on the magazine cover. Spinks was later ...
Cassius Clay vs. Charlie Powell
Clay won the bout by knocking out Powell in the third round. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 6 ...
A statement Tavoris Cloud made to Lem Satterfield when interviewed for The Ring Magazine's website The Ring. Tavoris Cloud ... The win stirred up controversy, with fans scoring the bout for Campillo. However, unbeknown to Fans, "the referee said that ... Following the Zuniga win, Cloud improved his record with another TKO decision over Yusaf Mack. Cloud defeated Spaniard Gabriel ... He kept the fight in the middle of the ring, but Cloud kept sending him back with uppercuts and left hooks. With González ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Bob Foster
The bout was notable because it was one of the first boxing matches refereed by Mills Lane. "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN ... Ali won the bout by knocking out Foster in the eighth round. Ali knocked Foster down seven times and this was the only fight in ...
List of birds of Uzbekistan
This is a list of the bird species recorded in Uzbekistan. The avifauna of Uzbekistan include a total of 368 species, of which ... These birds have a bouncing flight with alternating bouts of flapping and gliding on closed wings, and most sing well. There ... Ring-necked pheasant, Phasianus colchicus. Cranes. Order: Gruiformes Family: Gruidae Cranes are large, long-legged and ...
Grammy Awards 2020
Beste Opernaufnahme (Best Opera Recording): *Picker: Fantastic Mr. Fox mit John Brancy, Andrew Craig Brown, Gabriel Preisser, ... Talkin' 'Bout Jesus von Gloria Gaynor featuring Yolanda Adams (Autoren: Bryan Fowler, Gloria Gaynor, Chris Stevens) ... Riley: Sun Rings von Leslie Ann Jones, Toningenieur; Robert C. Ludwig, Mastering-Ingenieur (Kronos Quartet) ... Beste Remix-Aufnahme (Best Remixed Recording): *I Rise (Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix) von Tracy Young, Remixer ( ...
This performance resulted in Aldo setting the record for most championship bouts, including his original title plus three ... The referee restarted the fight in the center of the ring, where Azevedo locked his legs around Aldo in a body triangle. Aldo ... Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes Loss 28-7 Petr Yan TKO (punches) UFC 251 July 12, 2020 5 3:24 Abu ... Guinness World Records 2014. ISBN 9781908843159. .. *^ "Anthony Pettis drops to 145, meets UFC champ Jose Aldo on Aug. 3". ...
List of birds of West Virginia
These birds have a bouncing flight with alternating bouts of flapping and gliding on closed wings, and most sing well. ... state of West Virginia and accepted by the West Virginia Bird Records Committee of the Brooks Bird Club (BBC). As of March 2018 ... Ring-necked pheasant, Phasianus colchicus (I). *Ruffed grouse, Bonasa umbellus. *Wild turkey, Meleagris gallopavo ...
James Clerk Maxwell
... proving that a regular solid ring could not be stable, while a fluid ring would be forced by wave action to break up into blobs ... On the marriage record, Maxwell is listed as Professor of Natural Philosophy in Marischal College, Aberdeen. Seven years ... After recovering from a near-fatal bout of smallpox in 1860, Maxwell moved to London with his wife. ... "On the stability of the motion of Saturn's rings". Archived from the original on 16 June 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2014.. ...
List of birds of Malaysia
This is a list of the bird species recorded in Malaysia. The avifauna of Malaysia include a total of 781 species, of which four ... These birds have a bouncing flight with alternating bouts of flapping and gliding on closed wings, and most sing well. ... As their name suggests, many species have a white ring around each eye. ...
Silver Linings Playbook
The lead single from the soundtrack, "Silver Lining (Crazy 'Bout You)" peaked at #100 in the UK Singles. The soundtrack ... "Forecast: 'Twilight' Finale Eyes Record Debut for Franchise". The Weinstein Company was originally planning to go nationwide. ... no longer wearing their wedding rings. ... The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003). *Sideways ... bout a Thing" and The White Stripes' "Fell in Love with a Girl". ... "Silver Lining (Crazy 'Bout You)". Jessie J. 3:24. 13.. "Hey Big ...
He won 76 bouts out of a possible 90, the best record of any wrestler that year. ... Former NFL Player Bob Sapp Trades the Field for the Fighting Ring, Jet magazine, January 2004 ... Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes Loss 1-9 Bob Sapp Technical decision Rizin Fighting Federation 2 ... Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes Loss 0-4 Giant Silva Submission (kimura) K-1 PREMIUM 2006 Dynamite ...
John Parker (boxer)
Professional boxing record. Professional record summary 6 fights 6 wins 0 losses ... "John Parker follows big brother Joe into ring". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 September 2016.. ... In early February 2018, Parker was announced to fight on the undercard of heavyweight unification bout between Joseph Parker ... Record Opponent Type Round, time Date Location Notes 5 Win 5-0 Jason Tuala TKO 2 (4), 0:20 13 Nov 2020 Sky City Theatre, ...
Oh Sees - Wikipédia
Load Records, Narnack Records, Rock is Hell Records, Castle Face Records, In the Red Records. ... L'année suivante, le guitariste Petey Dammit, autre figure notable du paysage musical californien, est recruté au rang de ... ce sera le dernier concert des Oh Sees pour un bout de temps. » Leur manager annonce peu de temps après que diverses ... The Best Rock Band You've Never Heard of Has a New Record Today. », sur Esquire, 25 août 2017. . ...
... marking the first time in his career that he had missed any bouts. In March 2009 he produced a fine 10-5 record from the ... and forcing or throwing him to the edge of the ring. His favoured grip is migi-yotsu, with his left hand placed outside and ... Kakuryū began 2016 with 10-5 records in January and March, and did slightly better in May with an 11-4 record. He withdrew from ... Career recordEdit. Kakuryū Rikisaburō. Year in sumo. January. Hatsu basho, Tokyo. March. Haru basho, Osaka. May. Natsu basho ...
India's first records of smallpox can be found in a medical book that dates back to 400 CE. This book describes a disease that ... This process is known as "ring vaccination". The key to this strategy was the monitoring of cases in a community (known as ... Saint Nicasius of Rheims became the patron saint of smallpox victims for having supposedly survived a bout in 450, and Saint ... The wide range of dates is due to the different records used to calibrate the molecular clock. One clade was the variola major ...
Every player in the Elo rating system receives a rating based on his or her win/loss record, which establishes his or her ... The objective for a player is to reach the highest rung of the ladder. ... Rematches are generally disallowed, excepting some championship bouts and others ending in controversial decisions. ...
"Marriage Records Records Retrieval". Archived from the original on 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2011-09-05.. ... The tests were mainly used to check for previous or current bouts of syphilis and rubella (German measles); other diseases that ... Today, they are a legal requirement in some jurisdictions and may also serve as the record of the marriage itself, if signed by ... The licence does not record the marriage itself, only the permission for a marriage to take place. Since 1837, the proof of a ...
Record. Opponent. Method. Event. Date. Round. Time. Location. Notes. Loss. 15-12. Alejandro Pérez. TKO (ankle injury). The ... He was expected to face Ian McCall on December 14, 2013 at UFC on Fox 9. However, McCall was forced out of the bout with an ... Ring of Fire, and ShoXC. ... Mixed martial arts record. Professional record breakdown ... Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog. Scott Roger Jorgensen (born September 17, 1982) is an American mixed martial artist ...
"The Ring. Retrieved 20 September 2017.. *^ Tyson, Mike (30 May 2017). Iron Ambition: My Life with Cus D'Amato. Blue Rider Press ... Roberts, James (14 March 2003). The Boxing Register: International Boxing Hall of Fame Official Record Book (3rd ed.). McBooks ... D'Amato refused to match his fighter in any bout promoted by the IBC. The IBC was eventually found to be in violation of ... thus supplanting Patterson's record. Rooney would later guide Tyson to the heavyweight championship sixteen months after ...
Goldman, Herbert G. (2012). Boxing: A Worldwide Record of Bouts and Boxers. NC, USA: McFarland. ISBN 978-0-7864-6054-0. . ... Ring corner. Boxer Tina Rupprecht receiving instructions from her trainer while being treated by her cutman in the ring ... The June 1894 Leonard-Cushing bout. Each of the six one-minute rounds recorded by the Kinetograph was made available to ... Prior to a bout, both boxers agree upon the weight of gloves to be used in the bout, with the understanding that lighter gloves ...
The bouts typically last just a few minutes, with the larger and older male usually winning. The female is also ... Home-range migration distances have been recorded at 87 meters (285 ft) for males and 260 meters (850 ft) for females. Home ... The age of a bog turtle is determined by counting the number of rings in a scute, minus the first one (which develops before ... There have been only two recorded discoveries of bog turtle fossils. The late J. Alan Holman, a paleontologist and ...
The only extant cat native to North America that roars, the jaguar was recorded as an animal of the Americas by Thomas ... intensive bouts of counter-calling between individuals have been observed in the wild. Their roar often resembles a ... Ring-tailed mongoose (G. elegans). Galidictis. *Broad-striped Malagasy mongoose (G. fasciata) ... The Anatomical Record: Advances in Integrative Anatomy and Evolutionary Biology. 295 (8): 1336-1351. doi:10.1002/ar.22518. PMID ...
On January 25, 1992, Kaman challenged his first professional MMA bout in RINGS against Nobuaki Kakuda. He won by TKO with a ... Kickboxing record. Kickboxing Record 97 wins (77 (T)KOs, 28 Decisions), 12 Losses, 1 Draw, 2 No Contests ... Rings Event "Ishizue". Tokyo, Japan. Decision Draw. 5. 3:00 1992-06-20. Win. Jean-Yves Thériault. Paris, France. TKO (Gave Up) ... Rings Battle Dimensions Tournament, Opening Round. Tokyo, Japan. TKO (Knee Drop). 3. 2:03 ...
In 2012 Fres made his return to the ring with a 2nd round DQ, (originally scored a TKO) against World Record holder Travis ... In a grueling ESPN bout in Miami Florida in 120 degree heat Oquendo out lasted the charging Cuban. In late 2008, Oquendo lost a ... He is a 2 time World title Challenger and has been ranked as high as number 3 in Ring Magazine. ... Oquendo had a purported amateur record of 105-5 1990 178 lb. Springfield Golden Gloves Champion 1992 178 lb. Chicago City ...
The X Factor
Some of the conditions included in this contract include signing over your recording rights, allowing The X Factor to monitor ... "Ep06: Sally Faherty - Think Bout You". TV3. Mediaworks New Zealand. Archived from the original on 24 February 2015. Retrieved ... Season 3, 2010: Thomas Ring Petersen. *Season 4, 2011: Sarah Skaalum Jørgensen ... MediaWorks issued a statement saying that Brider's criminal record had been fully disclosed when he entered The X Factor and ...
Ring name(s). Great Kokina. Kokina Maximus. Wild Samoan Kokina. Yokozuna. ... Perfect was the special guest referee for the Luger/Yokozuna bout. Luger seemed to have the match well in hand and had knocked ... At the time, Yokozuna held the record for the second shortest time (after Ric Flair) to win the WWF World Heavyweight ... During the match, Hart came to the ring, only to be pinned by Diesel. The next day, due to protests from the team and ...
"Most UFC bouts". Fightmatrix.com. Retrieved 2015-12-21.. *^ "Ten Best - 2011 Submission of the Year". ufc.com. January 5, 2012. ... Record. Opponent. Method. Event. Date. Round. Time. Location. Notes. Loss. 18-11. Mark Hunt. KO (punch). UFC Fight Night: Hunt ... I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries. That's ... on September 19 it was revealed that Mir suffered an injury in training and was forced to pull out of the bout. The bout ...
... first recording for End Records, before signing with Mercury Records in 1961, where he eventually released King of the Gospel ... Ring, Trudy (October 6, 2017). "Little Richard, Once Gay, Is Now Antigay - Again". The Advocate. San Francisco, California: ... Talkin' 'bout Soul (1974). *Little Richard Live (1976). *God's Beautiful City (1979) ... He also recorded a rock and roll version of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" that year that led to a deal with Disney Records, resulting ...
Jennings and Simson's The Lords of the Rings in many ways predicted the scandals that were to emerge around the staging of the ... Teams also started constructing dedicated sections called press box in the stadiums for the press to sit and record notes on ... Horse races between the North and South and boxing bouts between US and England garnered much interest from the social elite. ... including his 1974 title bout against George Foreman; the Heysel Stadium disaster; and the career highs and lows of the likes ...
The Echoes began recording in 1965. Joel (then 16) also played piano on several records released through Kama Sutra Productions ... "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - Thaddis "Kuk" Harrell, Beyoncé Knowles, Terius Nash & Christopher Stewart (songwriters) ( ... winning 22 bouts, but abandoned the sport shortly after his nose was broken in his 24th boxing match. ... Disenchanted with Los Angeles, Joel returned to New York City in 1975 and recorded Turnstiles, the first album he recorded with ...
Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
The Baha'i minority also did well after the bout of persecution in the mid-1950s ended with several Baha'i families becoming ... he is also recorded as saying that there was "no honour in being Emperor of a poor country" (which he viewed Iran as being ... a 22.37 carat diamond ring and a 1958 Rolls-Royce. ... but the school records indicate that his principal problem as a ... bringing back with him a recording of his voice. ...
... records. Top 10 boxers by most KOs. *Billy Bird (138) ... In MMA bouts, the referee may declare a TKO if a fighter cannot intelligently defend him/herself while being repeatedly struck. ... A knockdown occurs when a fighter touches the floor of the ring with any part of the body other than the feet following a hit, ... "Boxer gets record $22 million settlement from New York in brain injury case". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on ...
"Kell Brook likely to face Errol Spence with purse bid looming - The Ring". The Ring. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2017-02-07.. ... Record. Opponent. Type. Round, time. Date. Location. Notes. 39. N/A. N/A. Sergey Rabchenko. N/A. - (12). 3 Mar 2018. FlyDSA ... "WBA Declines To Sanction Golovkin-Brook Middleweight Bout - Boxing News". www.boxingscene.com. Retrieved 2017-09-14.. ... The fight gave record breaking viewing figures for Sky's Fight Night Live programme it was also the most watched fight of the ...
MMA fighter Khetag Pliev severs left ring finger in Philadelphia bout, doctors reattach it - ABC News
ASX climbs as US stocks hit fresh records on bad jobs data. Posted. 1hhour agoMonMonday 10. MayMay 2021. at 1:28am. ... MMA fighter Khetag Pliev severs left ring finger in Philadelphia bout, doctors reattach it. Posted SatSaturday 3. AprApril 2021 ... The match was only stopped when the referee noticed Pliev was missing his left ring finger. ... claiming Goodale illegally grabbed his gloves during the bout. ...
Yuriorkis Gamboa - Wikipedia
"We were just two warriors in the ring trying to get the victory, and he won." stated Gamboa after the bout. This was Gamboas ... Record. Opponent. Type. Round, time. Date. Location. Notes. 30. Win. 28-2. Jason Sosa. MD. 10. Nov 25, 2017. The Theater at ... Outside the ring. Gamboa was arrested and charged with domestic violence in late 2013 for an event involving his ex-wife. ... Gamboa quickly came to his feet and resumed fighting until the bell rang to signify the end of the round. In the second round, ...
Dominic Boesel - Wikipedia
List of world light-heavyweight boxing champions "Ratings". The Ring. Retrieved 28 May 2020. "BoxRec: Bout". boxrec.com. ... After compiling a record of 26-1 (10 KO), he challenged Serhiy Demchenko on 3 March 2018 for the vacant European light- ... As of October 2020, he is ranked as the worlds ninth best active light-heavyweight by The Ring. Boesel made his professional ... Two judges scored the bout 116-112 and the third scored it 118-110. On 16 November 2019 he challenged IBO light-heavyweight ...
Muhammad Ali vs. Ron Lyle - Wikipedia
"Muhammad Alis ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "When ... Ali won the bout through a technical knockout in the 11th round. This bout was aired live primetime in the United States via ... Ali entered the bout at 224.5 pounds, the heaviest he had ever been at that point in his career. Lyle, at 219 pounds, was also ... As the ring girl from the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas strutted past Ali with a big card signaling the start of the eighth ...
Brown stops Blocker in 10 to unify welterweight title - Baltimore Sun
In other bouts, undefeated WBC super-lightweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez beat Johnny Duplessis with a knockout at 2:42 of ... He pulled himself erect by grabbing the lower ring strand, but Brown, one of the best finishers in the business, quickly moved ... Brown, outboxed in the early rounds, raised his record to 34-1 with 26 knockouts. It was his eighth successful title defense ... The Jamaica native again nailed Blocker with an overhand right and stopped his former stablemate in mid-ring with a left-right ...
NBC to televise live boxing cards with Al Haymon | Newsday
NBC announced on Wednesday a new boxing series that will include bouts on prime time, broadcast network TV, a staple of sports ... The NBC bouts will showcase lesser names, but ones that all concerned hope will command the respect and interest of fans. ... "If it happens, its going to break all records. Its going to be crazy. Im such a boxing fan and such an advocate for the ... but in recent years one has been disappointment that Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have not met in the ring. The two sides ...
Hope Star from Hope, Arkansas on July 12, 1954 · Page 7
the price is narrow ing and Vt-ldes *jiifiht evert enter the ring as the favorite. The 10-round bout will be televised by CBS. ... 29, has nn cight-fi^ht winning slrCnk and a SO-8-2 record. The Cuban is- No. 2 among the heavyweight challell* gers and Jackson ... The eight-round bout at St. Nicholas Aiena in Now York will be carried on Du Mont television. ial candidate Slo* nfewsmert n ... former Golden Gloves champion from New York in the 10-round bout at Eastern Parkway tonight oh ABC-TV. Carthy 16, Ian was a ...
Boxer Hugo Santillan dies from injuries sustained in the ring - Los Angeles Times
Argentinian boxer Hugo Santillan died Thursday from injuries he sustained five days earlier in a bout with Eduardo Abreu. He ... By the end of the bout, which was ruled a draw, Santillans face was covered in blood. He fainted while the result was being ... Santillan was a super lightweight with a record of 19-6-2, including eight wins by knockout. ... Boxer Hugo Santillan dies from injuries sustained in the ring By Chuck SchilkenStaff Writer ...
Magomed Abdusalamov and The Dark Side of Boxing - Boxing News
Mike Perez was undefeated in nineteen bouts against comparable opposition.. Anthony Curreri (an ophthalmologist) was the ring ... In his first five years as a fighter, Abdusalamov compiled an 18-and-0 record against undistinguished opponents. All of his ... The bout began with both fighters throwing heavy punches and Perez getting the better of it. With eighty seconds left in round ... "We walked down the stairs that go onto the stage and then down some more stairs to where the ring is," Boris Jr recalls. "Mago ...
Project MUSE - <i>Boxing: A Worldwide Record of Bouts and Boxers</i> by Herbert G....
... ring announcers, ring side commentators, historians, record keepers, and compilers. Part III has an encyclopedic record of all ... Boxing: A Worldwide Record of Bouts and Boxers by Herbert G. Goldman (review) ... Goldman, Herbert G. Boxing: A Worldwide Record of Bouts and Boxers, 4 vols. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland and Co., 2012. Pp. 1752 ... Herbert G. Goldman has served as editor for The Ring, Boxing Illustrated, and Boxing Digest and thus has an impressive track ...
Billy Maharg | Society for American Baseball Research
6. Siler was third man in the ring for many big fights, including bouts of Joe Gans, Battling Nelson, Jimmy Britt, and other ... Such newspaper decisions are oft-times incorporated into tabulation of a fighters record. The ring career of Billy Maharg can ... having posted a respectable 45-11 record with 18 draws or no-decisions, and never having been knocked out in 74 total bouts. ... "My idea was to show how nice a double-cross was rung up. People that know me know that I wouldnt take the $10,000 and people ...
Update on the latest sports | KSL.com
Knocked down twice earlier in the bout, the junior middleweight was taken from the ring on a stretcher. ... Maddon replaces Brad Ausmus, who was fired after one season when the Angels finished with their worst record since 1999. ... From Freeport, New York, Day had a career record of 17-4-1 with six knockouts. ...
Kim Duk-koo - Wikipedia
He had fought 15-round bouts three times and gone on to round 14 once before. Kim compiled a record of 17 wins with two losses ... Additionally, on the recommendation of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the number of ring ropes was increased from three ... Record. Opponent. Type. Rd., Time. Date. Location. Notes. Loss. 17-2-1. Ray Mancini. TKO. 14 (15) 0:19. November 13, 1982. ... Kim carried a 17-1-1 professional record into the Mancini fight and had won 8 bouts by KO before flying to Las Vegas as the ...
Sunspots more active than for 8000 years | New Scientist
The team started by using sunspot records to calibrate models of how carbon-14 in tree rings correlate withsolar activity. The ... But researchers say its recent bout of hyperactivity does not account for the rapidly rising temperatures recorded on Earth ... The Sun has been more active in the last 70 years than it has for the previous 8000, according to an analysis of tree rings ... They then extrapolated the tree ring data backwards in time and discovered that no period in the last 8000 years has been as ...
Her last opponent entered the ring with a .500 record. Before that? Three more nondescript opponents, with records as poor as 5 ... returns to her home city of Flint this Saturday for a long awaited homecoming bout. Waiting for her in the ring will be Ivana ... Booker, 13 years older at 38, will look to record his fourth consecutive win and advance his record to 26-1. That single loss ... The bout is being promoted as the biggest womens fight in boxing history. That may or may not be true, but the 8-0 Shields, ...
Garden City High School - Mast Yearbook (Garden City, NY), Class of 1943, Cover
oxing This sport drew a large turnout of fel- lows this year, all interested in showing their prowess in the ring. Under the ... collect records and eat at odd hours . . . full of . fun . . . sociable . . . bridge addict . . . f- rf ,P MARLEIGH LIGGETT ... Aside from one knockout, the bouts were evenly matched and extremely exciting to watch. eselllfbl In spite of the loss of lack ... However, the Maroons rallied their strength, and won all ex- cept the last game: and the wonderful record made by the soccer ...
Enrique Bolanos obituary: Boxer who lost 3 lightweight title bouts in L.A. was 87 - latimes
The boxers soft-spoken demeanor and ring skill made him the most popular Mexican fighter in Southern California during the ... height of his career, which closed in 1952 with a 79-22-5 record and 44 knockouts. ... Bolanos came to the U.S. from Mexico at 17 and engaged in three world lightweight title bouts at Wrigley Field against Ike ... 24, 1924, in Mexico, came to the United States at 17 and engaged in three world lightweight title bouts at Wrigley Field in Los ...
H2O Man's Journal - Democratic Underground
Rubio s first two loses (against opponents who s combined records were 35-1) came within two rounds. And, in other bouts, he ... who entered the ring as a cruiserweight. Rubio s record stands at 59-6-1, with 51 knockout victories (and 3 knockout loses). ... Going into the bout, it seems probable that the hard-punching Golovkin will win. He was a top amateur, and has won all 30 of ... The bout is being held in Carson, CA, and is for Golovkin s middleweight title. The real middleweight champion is Miguel Cotto ...
Santana Shows He's Back In A NY Groove - The Sweet Science
However, the opening bout shook the roof from first bell to the final punch. Joselito Collado from Queens with a 1-0 record was ... By the 7th round, the ring doctors were examining the eye and Stark Sr. was now completely out of the ring, hanging by the ring ... The ring doctor was overheard saying "he may catch him" indicating that Starks eye may have looked awful, but the doctor ... Next into the ring was highly touted Brooklyn prospect/Golden Gloves champ, Raymond Biggs, Jr. of Brooklyn. The sleek Biggs, ...
middleweights Archives | BoxingInsider.com
The following is a preview of both of the televised bouts on Spike TV.. Anthony Dirrell (28-1-1) vs. Caleb Truax (26-2-2); ... He should be the naturally bigger man inside the ring. Andre Dirrell clearly has the edge in amateur experience. He won the ... His opponent, Caleb Truax, is one year older than Dirrell and only has sixteen knockouts on his record. ... He has gone 2-1-1 in his last four bouts. He has beaten the likes of Sakio Bika, Marco Antonio Rubio, and Anthony Hanshaw. He ...
Alfie shrubb a veteran of over twenty bouts at the age of 14 sees him with a record of having won more than half his bouts. In ... Matthew Mould 13 a relative novice who only started his career in the ring this season has already represented the club on ... on the gloves.As a rule most men who have boxed a great deal will hesitate before getting involved in trouble outside the ring ... commitment that Richmond Schoolboys Alfie Shrubb and Matthew Mould have given to their training has paid dividends in the ring ...
ARMS Are A One Man Mathcore Machine - Metal Injection
Mtimaukanena beats Tanzania's Amina on return to boxing ring | Malawi Nyasa Times - Malawi breaking news in Malawi
Malawian female boxerAgnes Mtimaukanena-Mwando ended her two-year break from the boxing ring on Sunday night when she ... from the boxing ring on Sunday night when she outclassed Tanzanian Amina Mhubira in a six-round middleweight non-title bout at ... Mtimaukanena, a mother of one child, has improved her record to five wins, having lost twice and drawing once. ... Mtimaukanena beats Tanzanias Amina on return to boxing ring. April 7, 2015 Nyasa Times Reporter 25 Comments ...
The 50 Greatest Lightweights of all Time Part Three: 30-21 - The Sweet Science
In reality though, their rematch, fought as a non-title bout, was a tepid affair and the two men were booed from the ring. ... He, too, was undefeated when DeJesus stepped into the New York ring where he would rip that record from him via ten round ... Even better is a victory the record books show for him in a no-decision bout over Freddie Welsh 1915. Welsh had separated ... If you can track it down or are in possession of it, it is worth revisiting Pete Ehrmanns 2007 Ring Magazine article on Jimmy ...
BOXING;Whitaker's Greatest Challenger: Motivation - The New York Times
His record swelled to 38-1-1, even though he has only 16 knockouts. Riveras defeat was his first in 25 bouts. He has fought a ... "Now you want me in the ring with him again? I want the top guys. Nobody beats Pernell Whitaker," he said, trying to sound ... The referee halted the bout after Phillips failed to recover from a knockdown. ... and the winner of the Oscar De La Hoya-Julio Cesar Chavez bout on June 7. ...
How an embarrassing mistake by boxer Prichard Colon's corner may have incredibly saved his life - Mirror Online
Prichard Colons unblemished record was ended in controversial fashion but he was feeling the effects to numerous hits to the ... The bout was set to be another run-of-the-mill scrap for Colon, who entered with a 16-0 record which was tarnished by the ... Exit: Colon was clearly having problems before his exit from the ring "Ive been around the game for a little while," said Ray ... Prichard Colons unblemished record was ended in controversial fashion but he was feeling the effects to numerous hits to the ...
Five Points-Whittier Neighborhood History · Dented Reality
Overall, Gonzales professional record was 65-9-1. The National Boxing Association and Ring Magazine had him rated as high as ... His last professional bout was for a 1952 benefit bout in Denver for the Latin American Education Fund. ... His Rhythm Records Shop took part in many African American beauty contests by sponsoring Miss Rhythm Records and Sporting Goods ... Not only was he the owner of the Rhythm Records shop, but he also became owner of the Rainbow Ballroom. For 20 years he was the ...
TKO - definition of TKO by The Free Dictionary
KnockoutsHeavyweight boutsFoughtHammerstein BallroomRoundsJulio CesarBoxersAustralia'sChampionshipYokozunaFightsUnbeaten recordMiddleweightDizzinessTyson2020WinsSuper-lightweightFighterFightLight-heavyweightTechnical knockoutOpponentMayweatherWelterweightWorldAnnouncerHakuhoUnderwayOppositionDefensiveJudges for this boutBoxerUndercardMaegashiraCareerTitle-unifFlyweightUltimatelyMuhammad AliPrizeKlitschkoEarsSevereLast boutFeatherweightDay'sTimeRoundBoweOzekiQuietlyDraw19811975AmateurCrowd1999InterimVictoryGlovesUnanimousRefereeClassicShow
- Brown, outboxed in the early rounds, raised his record to 34-1 with 26 knockouts. (baltimoresun.com)
- The boxer's soft-spoken demeanor and ring skill made him the most popular Mexican fighter in Southern California during the height of his career, which closed in 1952 with a 79-22-5 record and 44 knockouts. (latimes.com)
- His record swelled to 38-1-1, even though he has only 16 knockouts. (nytimes.com)
- In October 2009, they initiated a series, the Super Six World Boxing Classic, in which a half dozen of the premier super-middleweights (168lbs limit) in the world would engage in a series of bouts with the finalists to be determined by points earned from knockouts or wins by decision. (huffingtonpost.com)
- Undefeated in 24 pro bouts (13 knockouts), he has decisively beaten Kessler, Green, and Arthur Abraham. (huffingtonpost.com)
- A native of Nottingham, England, Froch is 34 years old and boasts a record of 28-1 (20 knockouts). (huffingtonpost.com)
- He notched a unanimous 10-round decision, improving his record to 15-2-1, with six knockouts, while Davis dropped to 13-2, with five knockouts. (liherald.com)
- Benavidez raised his record to 23-0 w/ 16 knockouts. (philboxing.com)
- Paez returned to Mexico with a loss and a record of 38-6-2-1 w/23 knockouts. (philboxing.com)
- Before he left Phoenix on Friday, the champ told this set of listening ears that he was very impressed with 18 year old light heavyweight David Benavidez (9-0-8 knockouts) who hammered 39 year old Ricardo Campillo until the bout was stopped in the second stanza at the 1:21 mark. (philboxing.com)
- Joshua's demanding training regimen has paid off, as he sports a flawless 21-0 record - complete with 20 knockouts. (menshealth.com)
- Ayala`s record was 22-0 with 19 knockouts before he traded the square ring for a square cell. (sun-sentinel.com)
- Remillard, 23, carries to the ring a perfect record of 21-0 with 12 knockouts, including two stoppages of previously unbeaten Rafael Lora. (blogspot.com)
- Haye's career record of 26-2 and 24 knockouts stacks up quite evenly next to de Mori's record of 30-1-2 and 25 knockouts. (gambling.com)
- I think Hunter, unbeaten in seven heavyweight bouts vs. solid opposition (and I thought he deserved the nod vs. Povetkin), has earned his ranking and can play the spoiler role vs. any top contender that views him as undersized. (ringtv.com)
- Briton Joshua is heavily favoured to take his record to 21-0 and a win over New Zealander would seemingly put him and Wilder on a collision course for one of the biggest heavyweight bouts of the century. (aol.co.uk)
- Kim had never fought a 15-round bout before. (wikipedia.org)
- He had fought 15-round bouts three times and gone on to round 14 once before. (wikipedia.org)
- He fought admirably but lost both by seventh round knockout and retired after the Sorjaturong bout. (bleacherreport.com)
- He went on to win super lightweight, lightweight and junior welterweight world titles in the 1980s and fought high-profile bouts against Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez and Sugar Ray Leonard. (nwherald.com)
- Day fought in the undercard bout before the Deontay Wilder-Luis "King Kong" Ortiz heavyweight fight. (liherald.com)
- Bowe told Ring Magazine: "He was better than anyone I ever fought. (saddoboxing.com)
- Armstrong fought his first major bout in November 1934, losing the world featherweight championship in a close decision to Baby Arizmendi. (encyclopedia.com)
- Wednesday night's bouts at the Hammerstein Ballroom in the Manhattan Center, just west of Herald Square in the largest, civilized city in the world seemed to put promoter Lou DiBella at the crossroads. (thesweetscience.com)
- On Thursday night, Salita will enter the ring at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York to fight Grover Wiley. (espn.com)
- Ali had forecast that the bout would be a "treat for the people", but in many of the rounds he preferred to defend and absorb Lyle's sharp punches. (wikipedia.org)
- His death sparked a number of reforms in the sport aimed to better protect the health of fighters, including reducing the number of rounds in championship bouts from 15 to 12. (wikipedia.org)
- No fighter ever won more 15-round world title fights by decision, and now that title fights are 12 rounds, Canto's record will probably never be broken. (bleacherreport.com)
- The key to his verbally guaranteed victory was the obvious fact that he threw harder and more punches than his shorter opponent who tired in the latter rounds and failed to maintain his inside attack the body strategy that was keeping him competitive early in the bout. (philboxing.com)
- On Saturday night, Blake and Prescott traded punches for six rounds in a bout loaded with entertainment and shifting momentum. (phillyboxinghistory.com)
- For me, Prescott's effort in the final round was enough to deadlock the bout at three rounds apiece. (phillyboxinghistory.com)
- I tend to be a bit of a slow starter, but when I step up to bouts of three rounds of three minutes, that should suit me better. (islingtongazette.co.uk)
- No stranger to intense training, he spent more than eight straight hours in the ring to set a world record for continuous rounds in 2012. (abc.net.au)
- The only fighters whom Whitaker really wants to meet are the International Boxing Federation welterweight ruler, Felix Trinidad, and the winner of the Oscar De La Hoya-Julio Cesar Chavez bout on June 7. (nytimes.com)
- He was ranked No. 99 on Bert Sugar's list of the 100 greatest boxers and 62nd on Ring Magazine's "Greatest Punchers" list. (bleacherreport.com)
- SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - Family, fans and fellow boxers said goodbye Tuesday to Hector "Macho" Camacho at a memorial and wake for the slain former world champion fighter known for his flamboyance in and out of the ring. (nwherald.com)
- The enormous kelp forests that ringed Australia's southern coasts have been all but wiped out. (ecosystemmarketplace.com)
- We've seen this in California (whose climate is close enough to Australia's that millions of highly flammable eucalyptus trees thrive in the Golden State as well), and now we see it in the Australian states of Victoria and New South Wales, where record temperatures and record aridity have set the stage for firestorms so intense that they generate their own weather. (ecosystemmarketplace.com)
- At age 54, boxing priest Father Dave Smith will make his professional comeback 20 years after his last bout to become Australia's oldest ever pro fighter. (abc.net.au)
- The all-time championship record holder said the latest title, his first for the year, was one of his sweetest. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Yokozuna - or grand champion - Hakuho easily shoved Endo onto the ring at Fukuoka Kokusai Center to secure a record-extending 40th career championship. (arabtimesonline.com)
- He put me in the ring with his son Glenn, my friend and an all-star pitcher on our championship Mets' baseball team. (chicagonow.com)
- Akebono rose rapidly through the ranks, equaling the record for the most consecutive kachi-koshi (majority of wins in a sumo championship) from debut, reaching sekiwake before suffering his first make-koshi losing record. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1992, after a year of 8-7 or 7-8 records near the top of the makuuchi division, Akebono suddenly came alive with a 13-2 record in January of that year, narrowly losing the top division championship to Takanohana. (wikipedia.org)
-  A second 13-2 record two tournaments later, in May, saw him win the top division championship for the first time, and with it promotion to ōzeki . (wikipedia.org)
- Both bouts will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing at 9:45 p.m. (sfbayview.com)
- A championship martial artist, Rijker posted a 37-0 kickboxing record before moving to Los Angeles in 1994 to pursue a career in boxing and made her pro debut in 1996. (ibhof.com)
- After 17 tournaments, he finally won the sandanme championship in July 2004 with a 7-0 record and earned promotion to the makushita division. (wikipedia.org)
- NAGOYA - Yokozuna Hakuho compiled the second 40-bout winning streak of his career on Tuesday, when he defeated sekiwake Myogiryu on the 10th day of the Nagoya Grand Sumo Tournament at Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium. (japantimes.co.jp)
- In the day's final bout, yokozuna Harumafuji (6-4) was overwhelmed by sekiwake Goeido's initial charge and quickly dispatched with a beltless arm throw. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Upon the restart, Kisenosato, whose hopes for yokozuna promotion all but died with three early losses to lower-ranked opponents, ran his rival ozeki out of the ring. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Yokozuna Hakuho made history twice at the Autumn Grand Sumo Tournament on Saturday, claiming a record 41st Emperor's Cup with his 1,000th victory in the sport's top division. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The ancient sport has an extremely strict protocol and yokozuna are expected to be beyond moral reproach in addition to showing superior strength and technique in the ring. (arabtimesonline.com)
-   He won his second tournament as a yokozuna , a playoff win over Terunofuji in September 2015, but did not win more than 12 bouts in a tournament at yokozuna rank until winning his third tournament in November 2016. (wikipedia.org)
- Part III has an encyclopedic record of all world title fights from 1878 up until 2010. (jhu.edu)
- The sleek Biggs, undefeated in seven pro fights was taking on Baton Rouge import Chris Gray, sporting a mediocre 8-6-1 record. (thesweetscience.com)
- In developing this list, I examined films and clips of over 250 fights, historical boxing records, anecdotal accounts and other "greatest ever" lists, including those compiled by Ring magazine, ESPN and Bert Sugar. (bleacherreport.com)
- Canto had a 14-1-1 record in title fights, winning 13 of these by 15-round decision. (bleacherreport.com)
- He had a career record of 79-6-3 and was a showman in the ring, chanting "It's Macho time" before fights and wearing garish jewelry. (nwherald.com)
- Teessider Paul Truscott was king of the castle in Dudley last night, stretching his unbeaten professional record to six fights with another eye-catching points win at the Concert Hall. (gazettelive.co.uk)
- After losing his first two professional fights in Los Angeles, Armstrong began to consistently win his bouts. (encyclopedia.com)
- The bout is largely considered one of the greatest fights in MMA history, both for Sonnen's domination of Silva, and also for Silva's late-round heroics that kept his undefeated streak inside the Octagon alive. (yahoo.com)
- The Highlight" brought his undefeated, 17-0 record into the promotion, and only two of those fights had gone the distance. (sherdog.com)
- If you look at my losses, three were on cuts in fights I would probably have won today with the changes in regulations [that send many bouts ended by cuts to the scorecards]. (boxingnewsonline.net)
- And, if things go to plan, the February 19 bout won't be his last, with Smith aiming for half a dozen fights in 2016. (abc.net.au)
- Remillard will enter as the favorite in terms of odds and fan support, and Scully believes his fighter's management will seek a bout against a top-15 opponent within the next few fights. (blogspot.com)
- For boxing fans, the Klitschko bout will likely remain the most memorable of Haye's fights. (gambling.com)
- But as he wobbled out of the ring and backstage at George Mason University, Virginia, a bigger horror than losing his unbeaten record was unfolding. (mirror.co.uk)
- Victory for 25-year-old Gavin took his unbeaten record to 11-0 and also saw him defend his lightly-regarded WBO Inter-Continental welterweight title. (bbc.co.uk)
- In his 19th year of fighting professionally, Darden was robbed last night in his middleweight weight bout against Brooklyn prospect Ariel Espinal. (thesweetscience.com)
- A slip indeed as he slipped away with a split decision in the six-round junior middleweight bout. (thesweetscience.com)
- Malawian female boxerAgnes Mtimaukanena-Mwando ended her two-year break from the boxing ring on Sunday night when she outclassed Tanzanian Amina Mhubira in a six-round middleweight non-title bout at Robin's Park in Blantyre. (nyasatimes.com)
- In an outdoor bout at Frontier Field, the Worcester middleweight recorded a third-round TKO over Angel David Gonzalez when the doctor stopped the fight 1:09 into the round. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The victor will wear the WBA, WBC, and Ring Magazine super-middleweight crowns. (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Sydney-based Smith will fight Glen Aristides - a man 10 years his junior - in the super middleweight bout later this month. (abc.net.au)
- Ongoing bouts of dizziness. (afrolatinconnection.com)
- However, he had ringing in the ears and dizziness for two to three months leading up to this episode and continuing after it. (cnn.com)
- If the headache, dizziness and ringing in the ears persist, you may want to take another trip to your neurologist, if only for peace of mind. (cnn.com)
- REAL DEAL 'Smart' and 'humble' Evander Holyfield was like a 'walking tiger' in the ring, lauded by Mike Tyson and other legends as the best they ever faced. (saddoboxing.com)
- And in an interview with Ring Magazine, Tyson described Holyfield as his best ever opponent. (saddoboxing.com)
- Close your eyes, make him black, and he`s Tyson,`` said Arlen ``Spider`` Bynum, a Dallas lawyer who refereed several Ayala bouts. (sun-sentinel.com)
- As of October 2020, he is ranked as the world's ninth best active light-heavyweight by The Ring. (wikipedia.org)
- Santillan was a super lightweight with a record of 19-6-2, including eight wins by knockout. (latimes.com)
- Kim compiled a record of 17 wins with two losses and one draw. (wikipedia.org)
- Mtimaukanena, a mother of one child, has improved her record to five wins, having lost twice and drawing once. (nyasatimes.com)
- The 33-year-oldimproved to an unassailable 14-0 record by beating ozeki Goeido on Day 14 of the 15-day tournament at Ryogoku Kokugikan, becoming the only wrestler to reach 1,000 wins in the process. (japantimes.co.jp)
- The closest any wrestler has come to Hakuho's top-division record is former ozeki Kaio, who retired in 2011 with 879 wins in the makuuchi division. (japantimes.co.jp)
- After two bouts against Andrew Golota in which Bowe took a severe beating but was awarded two wins when Golota inexplicably was disqualified for repeated low blows both times, Bowe was left with noticeably slurred speech. (boxingtalk.com)
- With a record of 11 wins, 1 losses and 0 draws, fighting out of Helsinki, Blake Green! (mmatycoon.com)
- With a record of 9 wins, 4 losses and 0 draws, fighting out of Los Angeles, Poopie Pants! (mmatycoon.com)
- With a record of 24 wins, 7 losses and 0 draws, fighting out of Las Vegas, Edogawa Conan! (mmatycoon.com)
- The twice beaten Mexican, who has lost to Rafael Rivera and Randy Caballero, comes into this bout with back to back wins in the Dominican Republic. (asianboxing.info)
- With strong skills and ring savvy, the 5'6 ½ " Rijker captured the WIBF super lightweight title in 1997 and the IBO super lightweight title in 1998. (ibhof.com)
- In his first five years as a fighter, Abdusalamov compiled an 18-and-0 record against undistinguished opponents. (boxingscene.com)
- There has never been a Japanese fighter to face Floyd Mayweather in the ring. (yahoo.com)
- fighter has natural speed in his hands and a mental toughness, two attributes that could lead him to a bigger ring prize. (philboxing.com)
- Over to our ring announcer for the fighter introductions! (mmatycoon.com)
- Blake Green seems to be the more aggressive standup fighter in this bout. (mmatycoon.com)
- Prior to his career as one of the elite boxing trainers of his time-working with fighters Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya-Freddie Roach was a tough professional fighter with over 50 bouts during his eight-year career. (muscleandfitness.com)
- At 10:00 pm on November 2nd, Russian heavyweight Magomed Abdusalamov entered the ring at Madison Square Garden to fight Mike Perez. (boxingscene.com)
-  Kim carried a 17-1-1 professional record into the Mancini fight  and had won 8 bouts by KO before flying to Las Vegas as the world's ( WBA ) number 1 challenger to world lightweight champion Mancini. (wikipedia.org)
-  The week after, Sports Illustrated published a photo of the fight on its cover, under the heading Tragedy in the Ring . (wikipedia.org)
- Joselito Collado from Queens with a 1-0 record was squaring off against Vineash Runega of Manhattan, who brought a 2-8-2 record into this super bantamweight fight. (thesweetscience.com)
- There was nothing mediocre about this bout, aside from the judges' scoring (as in the Darden fight). (thesweetscience.com)
- Gonzalez may be most famous to boxing fans for two of his matches that won Ring Magazine's Fight of the Year-against Michael Carbajal (whom he later defeated twice) in 1993 and Saman Sorjaturong in 1995. (bleacherreport.com)
- The Bronze Bomber is contractually guaranteed a third fight with The Ring/WBC champ, so he's still a player in the three-way battle for heavyweight supremacy. (ringtv.com)
- After easily defeating Ciach (1-6), Page, who has been criticized for fighting easy opposition, said he's now looking to fight better opponents with winning records so he can improve his ranking as a boxer. (espn.com)
- Just that Luther McCarty died in a boxing ring in Calgary in 1913 in a fight with Arthur Pelkey. (cyberboxingzone.com)
- Kyrone Davis, 23, left, from Delaware faced, Patrick Day, 25, during the undercard bout before the Deontay Wilder-Luis "King Kong" Ortiz heavyweight title fight on March 3. (liherald.com)
- Entering the ring with a three-fight winning streak last Saturday, he successfully defended his WBC Continental Americas Super Welterweight title against Kyrone Davis, from Delaware, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. (liherald.com)
- Though the fight started slowly, Day found his footing and held strong in the center of the ring, according to Arvin Nundloll of Fight News, who was ringside. (liherald.com)
- When Muhammad Ali stepped into the ring at the City Auditorium in Atlanta to face Jerry Quarry on October 26, 1970, a 13 year-old boy stood next to his father at Angie's Tavern at 84th and Pulaski on the Southwest side of Chicago, excited to watch the fight. (chicagonow.com)
- With a 20 victories, 8KOs, 0 defeats, 0 draws record, this is Ramadan's first fight since claiming the world title in February. (footyalmanac.com.au)
- Mayweather added that there and won't be any judges present and the bout would not count on the combatants' official fight records. (yahoo.com)
- As Joshua jumps into his pre-fight training, we asked him to revisit some of his favorite Instagram workouts to explain exactly how each exercise correlates directly into the ring during a fight. (menshealth.com)
- Their first fight in 1999 was called a split-decision draw, before Lewis got the decision in the second bout, even though Holyfield still insists he won. (saddoboxing.com)
- Although Bowe only has one loss on his record, a 1993 majority decision loss to Evander Holyfield in the unforgettable "Fan Man" fight, the talk of Bowe taking too much punishment in the ring has been around for a while. (boxingtalk.com)
- After his release, he was preparing for his first comeback bout, when his current manager, Jimmy Adams, complained to this website about those who questioned whether Bowe should be medically licensed to fight. (boxingtalk.com)
- Unfortunately, a shoulder injury forced Weidman to withdraw from the fight shortly after the bout agreements had been signed. (yahoo.com)
- Actor Laun, an extreme eater from Boston, Massachusetts, will fight under his ring nickname 'Nacho Extreme' while window fitter Markle, 52, from Grants Pass, Oregon, will go by Tommy 'The Duke' - in a nod to his royal brother-in-law. (dailymail.co.uk)
- Both came into the fight with similar records and similar stories. (phillyboxinghistory.com)
- In this ring it's not about how much a person weighs, or about how big a person's muscles is, it's about heart, that dog that he's going to bring to the fight. (aol.co.uk)
- Once the Pacquiao bout is in the books, Mayweather has just one more fight on his contract with Showtime, and he says that fight will take place in September - after which he'll retire. (sportsbookreview.com)
- It took nearly two more years after the Hatton fight for Mayweather to return to the ring against Juan Manuel Marquez. (sportsbookreview.com)
- He would risk that shot, however, for a unification fight against IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko, a huge bout in many parts of the world. (pravdareport.com)
- Dadashev, 28, took an unbeaten 13-0 record into the 140-pound non-title fight. (news24.com)
- After compiling a record of 26-1 (10 KO), he challenged Serhiy Demchenko on 3 March 2018 for the vacant European light-heavyweight title at Stadthalle in Weissenfels, winning the title by unanimous decision. (wikipedia.org)
- Page, the self-proclaimed "King of Combat," landed a brutal right hand and knocked out Michal Ciach just 18 seconds into the second round of their light heavyweight bout Friday night at York Hall. (espn.com)
- In addition to an unblemished record, Remillard has fellow Hartford resident and former light heavyweight contender John "Iceman" Scully in his corner. (blogspot.com)
- It's extremely difficult and understandably so," Page said of getting an opponent with a winning record. (espn.com)
- Big Jess ducks through the ropes and eyes his opponent across the ring under the hot California sun. (cyberboxingzone.com)
- It was so exciting to watch him dance around the ring with such ease throwing those long left-handed jabs as he circled his opponent. (chicagonow.com)
- The charismatic fresh face of the sport regularly puts his massive 6'6", 249-pound frame through grueling, constantly-evolving fitness tests, making his life as difficult as possible outside of the ring, so he's prepared for anything once the bell rings and he faces an opponent. (menshealth.com)
- The always flashy Mayweather was in Washington, D.C., Tuesday to promote his September rematch with Marcos Maidana when he was asked by media if he thought UFC women's bantamweight champion and film actress Ronda Rousey could defeat him in a bout. (latimes.com)
- When he is not making bank in the ring, Mayweather is often up to something that draws attention. (latimes.com)
- Mayweather made $105 million for 72 minutes of work in the ring, making him the highest paid athlete of 2014, Forbes reported . (latimes.com)
- This will be full contact competition but the bout is not going on boxing or MMA records," a Mayweather spokesperson said in a news release. (yahoo.com)
- I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa," Mayweather wrote on Instagram. (yahoo.com)
- The action heated up for a junior welterweight bout featuring newly signed DBE junior welterweight, Joel Torres of Puerto Rico. (thesweetscience.com)
- Edgar "El Chamaco" Santana of Spanish Harlem, via Puerto Rico, didn't let the judges interfere with his junior welterweight bout against the wily Grover Wiley from the Cornhusker state. (thesweetscience.com)
- The main supporting welterweight bout involving Chikondi Makawa and Bright Mdoka ended with Makawa winning hrough unanimous points decision. (nyasatimes.com)
- Coming up we have a welterweight MMA rules bout between Taisto Per l and Edogawa Conan. (mmatycoon.com)
- Bolanos came to the U.S. from Mexico at 17 and engaged in three world lightweight title bouts at Wrigley Field against Ike Williams between 1946 and 1949. (latimes.com)
- St. Ignatius and Loyola grad set a world record in 1964 that stood for 10 years. (dnainfo.com)
- While the public numbers are likely exaggerated (The Guinness Book of World Records claimed Andre made $400,000 in 1974, his first full year based in the USA), he was indeed a huge draw. (bleacherreport.com)
- World Record KO in WCMMA 14. (mma-core.com)
- For Villanueva the bout allows him to claim a legitimate win over the Mexican and also allows him to score a win on US soil, something he failed to do last year when he controversially lost to McJoe Arroyo in a world title bout. (asianboxing.info)
- Incidentally, Sharon White heard Holly recording the demo for that song and decided it would work well on their next album, "Whole New World" (1985), and begged Dunn to let them cut it. (novabooksnashville.com)
- In the final bout of the day, Hakuho quickly established his favored left-hand grip, maneuvering Goeido (11-3) toward the outside of the ring before sending him tumbling to the clay with an overarm throw. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Mike Perez was undefeated in nineteen bouts against comparable opposition. (boxingscene.com)
- Salita puts Shawn Gallegos on the defensive during a bout in 2005. (espn.com)
Judges for this bout2
- Argentinian boxer Hugo Santillan died Thursday from injuries he sustained five days earlier in a bout with Eduardo Abreu. (latimes.com)
- Santillan is the second professional boxer this week to die of injuries sustained in the ring. (latimes.com)
- Boxer Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez, one of several dozen fighters on hand to say goodbye, recalled Camacho's dazzling speed in the ring. (nwherald.com)
- Ali's win inspired me to step into the boxing ring at Scottsdale Park where my baseball coach Vic Leonard, a former boxer, taught boxing and trained Golden Gloves competitors. (chicagonow.com)
- Reading that a boxer named Kid Chocolate received $75,000 for one bout, Armstrong quickly abandoned his railroad job to pursue a career as a boxer. (encyclopedia.com)
- Washington - Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev was in hospital in suburban Washington on Saturday after emergency brain surgery in the wake of a punishing loss in the ring, US media reported. (news24.com)
- The bout is scheduled as an undercard of Saturday's Peter Manfredo-Angel Hernandez main event. (blogspot.com)
- Bulgarian Aoiyama, a No. 9 maegashira, was next on the raised ring, took a step back as Ikioi charged headlong and needed only the gentlest tap to let his opponent's momentum finish the bout for him. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Ikioi, a fifth-ranked maegashira, literally fell to a 5-5 record. (japantimes.co.jp)
- Komusubi Takakeisho (8-6) secured a winning record after pulling No. 5 maegashira Myogiryu to the clay. (japantimes.co.jp)
- After a strong 11-4 record in January 2008, which earned him his first sanshō for technique, Kakuryū was promoted to maegashira 1. (wikipedia.org)
-  In March 2009 he produced a fine 10-5 record from the maegashira 1 ranking, defeating three ōzeki . (wikipedia.org)
- Ali entered the bout at 224.5 pounds, the heaviest he had ever been at that point in his career. (wikipedia.org)
- Sugar Ray Leonard, NBC's lead analyst, said the young fighters on the shows will benefit from exposure the way he did early in his career when his amateur bouts primarily were seen on broadcast television. (newsday.com)
- Martin may have did all of the hard work inside of the ring, but her soon to be hall of fame career wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for her promoter, Don King. (boxinginsider.com)
- Matthew Mould 13 a relative novice who only started his career in the ring this season has already represented the club on seven occasions and in the Haringey Cup just recently came away with the Silver medal. (freewebs.com)
- His friend, Andre Diaz, who has been filming the career of the rising boxing sensation cut filming as his friend left the ring, as he couldn't bear to watch the events unfolding in front of his eyes. (mirror.co.uk)
-  He was forced to withdraw during the November 2008 tournament after spraining his knee, marking the first time in his career that he had missed any bouts. (wikipedia.org)
- For straight-up match quality, this is where he excelled, and what was arguably the greatest in-ring match of his career was a classic New Japan brawl against Stan Hansen. (bleacherreport.com)
- He was never the same in or out of the ring, but the biggest run of his career was still ahead of him. (bleacherreport.com)
- Interestingly Robles was the heavier man on the scales coming in at a career highest recorded weight of 125½lbs. (asianboxing.info)
- Even later in his career, Roach was known for being able to withstand a lot of combat in the ring. (muscleandfitness.com)
- According to commission contracts, both fighters received $500,000 for the title-unifying bout. (baltimoresun.com)
- The bout is supposed to help Nietes prepare for a Flyweight title bout in 2017 and should help him adapt to the new weight, ahead of a possible show down with Juan Francisco Estrada. (asianboxing.info)
- Ultimately, leaving the ring early could well have saved his life. (mirror.co.uk)
- If you recall, Muhammad Ali did the same thing: He was adept at assessing what would work and what wouldn't in the ring. (sfbayview.com)
- In a similar fashion to his previous tournament he recovered from 2-5 down to win seven of his last eight bouts and was rewarded with another Technique Prize. (wikipedia.org)
- Just ask the British-boxing-record crowd of 90,000 raucous fans who crammed into Wembley Stadium in April 2017 to see him defeat Wladimir Klitschko via an 11th-round TKO . (menshealth.com)
- Ringing in the ears that is constant or comes and goes. (afrolatinconnection.com)
- The Great Barrier Reef has been damaged by several bouts of severe bleaching from hot ocean water. (ecosystemmarketplace.com)
- Per l seems to be moving with more speed, compared to his last bout. (mmatycoon.com)
- Coming up we have a featherweight MMA rules bout between Blake Green and Poopie Pants. (mmatycoon.com)
- For Magsayo the bout will be his second in the US and will see him defending teh WBO International Featherweight title, a title he won earlier this year in a slugfest with Chris Avalos. (asianboxing.info)
- LONDON -- Three weeks after his successful return to the Bellator MMA cage, Michael "Venom" Page once again turned his attention to the boxing ring and put in an easy day's work. (espn.com)
- NBC announced on Wednesday a new boxing series that will include bouts on prime time, broadcast network TV, a staple of sports television in the 20th century that had vanished in recent decades. (newsday.com)
- The featured bout on the next NBC prime time show April 11 will be Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson. (newsday.com)
- NBC's most recent prime time bout was between Larry Holmes and Carl "The Truth" Williams on May 20, 1985. (newsday.com)
- They then extrapolated the tree ring data backwards in time and discovered that no period in the last 8000 years has been as active as the last 70. (newscientist.com)
- Already regarded as one of the sport's all-time greats, Biles arrived in Tokyo targeting a record haul. (yahoo.com)
- By the time she got to the emergency room, her medical records show, she was in septic shock from a massive infection. (wemu.org)
- The interim title bout was televised by TruTV and the attendance at US Airway Center in Phoenix, Arizona was estimated at 2,500 and in my opinion, scattered showers and an early scheduled start time (5 pm Mountain Time) may have deterred some members of his fan base from coming to the nationally televised event. (philboxing.com)
- Gonzalez, a three time foe in three classic bouts and the remarkable flyweights received recognition for their epic battles. (philboxing.com)
- Currently standing at a record 10 title defenses, each time Silva steps into the cage he enters rarefied air that makes even the most accomplished champions blush. (yahoo.com)
- Orton is a ring general, Reigns has his high impact offense down to a fine art, Kane is the greatest big man of all time in pure ring terms and Cena is far more versatile these days than he is usually given credit for. (lordsofpain.net)
- But time is running out for anyone to put a blemish on Mayweather's perfect record in the squared circle. (sportsbookreview.com)
- Although Magsayo looked less than "Magnifico" last time out, when he when he was given a real test by Chris Avalos, he is viewed as an unbackable favourite for his upcoming bout. (asianboxing.info)
- As the ring girl from the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas strutted past Ali with a big card signaling the start of the eighth round, Ali stared, aware that this was the round in which he had predicted he would knock Lyle out. (wikipedia.org)
- The end came with 1:08 of the round, after a straight right hand drove the 33-year old ex-convict across the ring and left him defenseless against the champion's onslaught. (wikipedia.org)
- Duplessis had attempted to use a flicking jab and lightning feet to stay out of harm's way, but Chavez effectively cut off the ring and dropped his retreating rival in the second round with two thumping hooks to the ribs. (baltimoresun.com)
- Thereafter, Abdusalamov was slow getting off his stool and moving to the center of the ring at the start of each round. (boxingscene.com)
- Santana, on the comeback road after his first loss in five years last spring, came into the ring in terrific shape and scored a first round knockdown. (thesweetscience.com)
- Prichard Colon was disqualified from his bout against Terrel Williams on October 17 when his corner accidentally left his gloves untied ahead of the tenth round. (mirror.co.uk)
- Always a step behind, Durgahed was wobbled by a crashing right hand in the final round and fiddled his way though to the bell by clinching and padding around the perimeter of the ring. (gazettelive.co.uk)
- Before discussing the diagnosed brain injury, it must be pointed out that Bowe has passed the licensing requirements of the California Athletic Commission, which included an MRI and Impact (Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Test) and therefore is fully eligible to compete against Billy Zumbrun in a bout to be promoted by Goossen Tutor and televised by Fox Sports. (boxingtalk.com)
- Court records show that Bowe was given a Wisconsin Card Sorting Test, which is highly sensitive to frontal lobe dysfunction and he scored in the brain-impaired range. (boxingtalk.com)
- In an all-ozeki battle, Kisenosato dropped his look of unapologetic disdain for an instant and then plowed out Kakuryu, leaving both with 7-3 records. (japantimes.co.jp)
- She enters the ring quietly, accompanied by one trainer. (footyalmanac.com.au)
- By the end of the bout, which was ruled a draw, Santillan's face was covered in blood. (latimes.com)
- Bolanos was otherwise unbeaten with just one draw in 31 other bouts during that three-year stretch in the late '40s. (latimes.com)
- For those who think the bout could end up in a draw the odds on that are around 25/1, though 33/1 is available for those willing to shop around. (asianboxing.info)
- It was in 1981, not long after the Hansen bout that Andre broke his ankle getting out of bed. (bleacherreport.com)
- Over an 18-month period between 1974-1975, she scored five consecutive gold-selling singles, including two number one hits, "Have You Never Been Mellow" and "I Honestly Love You", which claimed the Grammy for "Record of the Year" in March 1975. (popmatters.com)
- Part IV records listings of both amateur and professional contests, while Part V presents material on the organization of boxing, the historical development and evolution of various weight divisions, and concludes with a narrative on boxing halls of fame. (jhu.edu)
- After compiling a 29-4 amateur record, he turned professional in 1978. (wikipedia.org)
- With the amateur bouts over, the referees and judges wipe the sweat from their brow and dig into complementary pizza and soft drink. (footyalmanac.com.au)
- When you combine Evander's amateur and professional experience, you would be hard pressed not to see the kind of success he's had in the ring. (saddoboxing.com)
- For 30 seconds, the two fighters stood toe-to-toe in mid-ring, drawing wild applause from the crowd. (baltimoresun.com)
- Maddon replaces Brad Ausmus, who was fired after one season when the Angels finished with their worst record since 1999. (ksl.com)
- Truscott revealed afterwards that he carried a right wrist injury into the contest - but it will not prevent him boxing at Eston on June 9, and possibly having another bout in the interim. (gazettelive.co.uk)
- Pliev, though, said he would appeal against the decision to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission, claiming Goodale illegally grabbed his gloves during the bout. (abc.net.au)
- Next into the ring was highly touted Brooklyn prospect/Golden Gloves champ, Raymond Biggs, Jr. of Brooklyn. (thesweetscience.com)
- Instead Colon settled for a landslide unanimous decision and the extension of his unblemished record, 13-0, 10 KOs. (phillyboxinghistory.com)
- The match was only stopped when the referee noticed Pliev was missing his left ring finger. (abc.net.au)
- The referee stepped over Seeger without bothering to count, officially stopping the bout. (wikipedia.org)
- Referee Ferd Hernandez stopped the bout. (wikipedia.org)
- The referee halted the bout after Phillips failed to recover from a knockdown. (nytimes.com)
- In a confusing and controversial moment, referee Arthur Mercante Jr. dismissed the forfeiture, believing the towel entered the ring from an outside party (and accepting Grier's denial). (blogspot.com)
- Be that as it may, this reporter has watched Andre "SOG" Ward box since before the 2004 Olympics, as well as having written articles about and photographed all of his Super Six Boxing Classic bouts. (sfbayview.com)