An innovative approach to reducing medical care utilization and expenditures. (1/75)In a retrospective study, we assessed the impact on medical utilization and expenditures of a multicomponent prevention program, the Maharishi Vedic Approach to Health (MVAH). We compared archival data from Blue Cross/Blue Shield Iowa for MVAH (n = 693) with statewide norms for 1985 through 1995 (n = 600,000) and with a demographically matched control group (n = 4,148) for 1990, 1991, 1994, and 1995. We found that the 4-year total medical expenditures per person in the MVAH group were 59% and 57% lower than those in the norm and control groups, respectively; the 11-year mean was 63% lower than the norm. The MVAH group had lower utilization and expenditures across all age groups and for all disease categories. Hospital admission rates in the control group were 11.4 times higher than those in the MVAH group for cardiovascular disease, 3.3 times higher for cancer, and 6.7 times higher for mental health and substance abuse. The greatest savings were seen among MVAH patients older than age 45, who had 88% fewer total patients days compared with control patients. Our results confirm previous research supporting the effectiveness of MVAH for preventing disease. Our evaluation suggests that MVAH can be safely used as a cost-effective treatment regimen in the managed care setting. (+info)
Differences in costs of treatment for foot problems between podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons. (2/75)We examined charge data for health insurance claims paid in 1992 for persons under age 65 covered by a large California managed care plan. Charge and utilization comparisons between podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons were made for all foot care and for two specific foot problems, acquired toe deformities and bunions. Podiatrists provided over 59% of foot care services for this commercial population of 576,000 people. Podiatrists charged 12% less per individual service than orthopedists. However, podiatrists performed substantially more procedures per episode of care and treated patients for longer time periods, resulting in 43% higher total charges per episode. Hospitalization was infrequent for all providers, although podiatrists had the lowest rates. In a managed care setting in which all providers must adhere to a preestablished fee schedule, regardless of specialty, the higher utilization by podiatrists should lead to higher overall costs. In some cases, strong utilization controls could offset this effect. We do not know if the utilization difference is due to actual treatment or billing differences. Further, we were unable to determine from the claims data if one specialty had better outcomes than the other. (+info)
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's coronary services network: a managed care organization's approach to improving the quality of cardiac care for its members. (3/75)OBJECTIVE: To describe a managed care organization's efforts to improve value for its members by forming a coronary services network (CSN). DESIGN: To identify high-quality facilities for its CSN, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield reviewed claims data and clinical data from hospitals that met its general quality standards. An external firm measured and risk-adjusted applicant hospitals' mortality rates. Hospitals that demonstrated superior performance were eligible to join the CSN. In 1996, 2 years after the CSN was formed, clinical outcomes of participants and new applicants were analyzed again by the same external firm. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Data on more than 10,000 consecutive (all-payer) inpatients discharged after coronary bypass surgery in 1993 were collected from 16 applicant hospitals using a uniform format and data definitions. This analysis was expanded to 23 participating and applicant hospitals that discharged more than 13,000 patients who underwent either bypass surgery or coronary revascularization in 1995. We compared risk-adjusted routine length of stay (a measure of efficiency), mortality rates, and adverse outcome rates between CSN and non-CSN facilities. RESULTS: From 1993 to 1995, overall length of stay in the network decreased by 20%, from 12.3 to 9.8 days (P < or = 0.01) and severity-adjusted mortality rates decreased by 7.3%, from 2.9% to 2.7%. Initially, facilities outside the network had comparable efficiency but much higher mortality. However, they improved so much in both measures that their severity-adjusted mortality rate for bypass surgery in 1995 was no more than 10% higher than that of CSN hospitals. CONCLUSION: The creation of a statewide CSN that emphasized and improved the level of performance among providers ultimately benefited the carrier's managed care members. The desirability of participation was evidenced by an increase in the number of applicant hospitals over the 2 years. This may have stimulated quality improvement among competing providers in the region and among CSN facilities themselves. (+info)
Incorporating clinical outcomes and economic consequences into drug formulary decisions: a practical approach. (4/75)BACKGROUND: In 1994, Regence BlueShield (Regence), a large non-staff model health plan, adopted guidelines governing the review of new and existing drug products. However, certain limitations were apparent: adequate data were not available in a timely fashion; unpublished studies and information on unapproved indications were difficult to obtain; data addressing humanistic and economic outcomes were not routinely supplied by manufacturers; and the time required by Regence staff clinical pharmacists to assemble and summarize published clinical studies for the pharmacy and therapeutics (P&T) committee was excessive. OBJECTIVE: To describe the process used by Regence to collect and review clinical, economic, and other health outcomes data as part of the plan's drug formulary adoption process. PROCESS DESCRIPTION: To address these limitations, Regence revised its process to require pharmaceutical manufacturers to submit a detailed dossier with clinical and economic data from published and unpublished studies, along with a disease-based economic model projecting the potential impact that introducing the product would have on health outcomes and economic consequences occurring across the entire Regence system. After performing independent literature reviews to ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the information obtained, clinical pharmacists at Regence complete a detailed summary of each drug for the P&T committee. CONCLUSION: The new process has addressed the limitations of the previous system and, by improving the timeliness and relevance of available information, it supports Regence's goal of maintaining an evidence-based formulary. (+info)
The effects of fee bundling on dental utilization. (5/75)OBJECTIVE: To examine dental utilization following an adjustment to the provincial fee schedule in which preventive maintenance (recall) services were bundled at lower fees. DATA SOURCES/STUDY SETTING: Blue Cross dental insurance claims for claimants associated with four major Ontario employers using a common insurance plan over the period 1987-1990. STUDY DESIGN: This before-and-after design analyzes the dental claims experience over a four-year period for 4,455 individuals 18 years of age and older one year prior to the bundling of services, one year concurrent with the change, and two years after the introduction of bundling. The dependent variable is the annual adjusted payment per user. DATA COLLECTION/EXTRACTION METHODS: The analysis was based on all claims submitted by adult users for services received at recall visits and who reported at least one visit of this type between 1987 and 1990. In these data, 26,177 services were provided by 1,214 dentists and represent 41 percent of all adult service claims submitted over the four years of observation. PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: Real per capita payment for adult recall services decreased by 0.3 percent in the year bundling was implemented (1988), but by the end of the study period such payments had increased 4.8 percent relative to pre-bundling levels. Multiple regression analysis assessed the role of patient and provider variables in the upward trend of per capita payments. The following variables were significant in explaining 37 percent of the variation in utilization over the period of observation: subscriber employment location; ever having received periodontal scaling or ever having received restorative services; regular user; dentist's school of graduation; and interactions involving year, service type, and regular user status. CONCLUSIONS: The volume and intensity of services received by adult patients increased when fee constraints were imposed on dentists. Future efforts to contain dental expenditures through fee schedule design will need to take this into consideration. Issues for future dental services research include provider billing practices, utilization among frequent attenders, and outcomes evaluation particularly with regard to periodontal care and replacement of restorations. (+info)
The effects of medical group practice and physician payment methods on costs of care. (6/75)OBJECTIVE: To assess the effects of payment methods on the costs of care in medical group practices. DATA SOURCES: Eighty-six clinics providing services for a Blue Cross managed care program during 1995. The clinics were analyzed to determine the relationship between payment methods and cost of care. Cost and patient data were obtained from Blue Cross records, and medical group practice clinic data were obtained by a survey of those organizations. STUDY DESIGN: The effects of clinic and physician payment methods on per member per year (PMPY) adjusted patient costs are evaluated using a two-stage regression model. Patient costs are adjusted for differences in payment schedules; patient age, gender, and ACG; clinic organizational variables are included as explanatory variables. DATA COLLECTION: Patient cost data were extracted from Blue Cross claims files, and patient and physician data from their enrollee and provider data banks. Medical group practice data were obtained by a mailed survey with telephone follow-up. PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: Capitation payment is correlated with lower patient care costs. When combined with fee-for-service with withhold provisions, this effect is smaller indicating that these two clinic payment methods are not interchangeable. Clinics with more physician compensation based on measures of resource use or based on some share of the net revenue of the clinic have lower patient care costs than those with more compensation related to productivity or based on salary. Salary compensation is strongly associated with higher costs. The use of physician profiles and clinical guidelines is associated with lower costs, but referral management systems have no such effect. The lower cost clinics are the smaller, multispecialty clinics. CONCLUSIONS: This study indicates that payment methods at both the medical group practice and physician levels influence the cost of care. However, the methods by which that influence is manifest is not clear. Although the organizational structure of clinics and their use of managed care programs appear to play a role, this influence is less than expected. (+info)
Group practice strategies to manage pharmaceutical cost in an HMO network. (7/75)OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the prevalence of various pharmaceutical cost management strategies used by group practices within a managed care network and their relationship to drug costs among enrollees. STRATEGIES STUDIED: Care management (gatekeeping, practice profiling, practice guidelines, case management), techniques for maintaining clinic medication records, and policies regulating physician interaction with pharmaceutical sales representatives (PSRs). STUDY DESIGN: Cross-sectional survey of primary care group practice organizations (n = 103) affiliated with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in early 1996. METHODS: Multivariate linear regression analysis was performed on corresponding claims data for members continuously enrolled in these practices from January 1 to December 31, 1995 (n = 76,387), using the patient as the unit of analysis. RESULTS: Substantial variation in strategy prevalence was observed; this variation was thought to influence pharmaceutical costs. Seventy-six percent of practices had medication lists in outpatient medical records, 53% had policies limiting pharmaceutical detailing, and 44% had patients assigned to primary care gatekeepers; however, only 10% used outpatient nurse case managers. Use of outpatient nurse case managers (P < .010), primary care physician gatekeeping (P < .002), policies to control pharmaceutical detailing (P < .001), and medication lists and outpatient charts (P < .001) was found to be independently associated with lower pharmaceutical expenditures. Significant colinearity was found between group size and the strategies studied. CONCLUSIONS: Significantly lower pharmaceutical costs per member per year were observed in the groups reporting primary care gatekeeping, outpatient medication records, outpatient case managers, and policies regarding physician interactions with PSRs. (+info)
Bounceback: Blues thrive as markets cool toward HMOs. (8/75)Enrollment in Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) plans has grown by almost seventeen million since 1994, and recent financial performance indicators are positive for most plans in the Blues system. These gains have been achieved by for-profit, nonprofit, and mutually owned plans. A journalistic analysis of distinctive features contributing to recent successes is offered, combining observations of financial analysts, health services researchers, and BCBS officials. Long-term stability, broad provider networks, and conservative financial management have given the Blues advantages vis-a-vis many managed care organizations that have lost market share in the same period. (+info)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
... a plan that combines primary care and health insurance. In 2022, Blue Cross and Blue Shield announced moving its headquarters ... In 1982, the Kansas City Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans merged, creating Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City. In 2003, ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a ... "Blue KC Leadership Team". Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City. "About Us". The Blueprint. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of ...
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
... (BlueCross) is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ... "BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - South Carolina Health Insurance Plans from BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina". ... "BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF SOUTH CAROLINA,Company Profile,Vault.com". Vault.com. Retrieved 2015-12-01. "BlueCross BlueShield of ... BlueCross has several subsidiaries, two of which are affiliates licensed with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ...
Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Coordinated Issue Paper - Blue Cross Blue Shield/Health Insurance; Life Insurance: Conversion of nonprofit corporations. 4 June ... doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota) and Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc. The Wellmark ... In 1997, the companies were branded as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa and Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of ... In 1989, Blue Cross of Iowa, Blue Shield of Iowa and Blue Cross of Western Iowa and South Dakota merged to form 'IASD Health ...
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
... offering insurance plans within defined regions under one or both of the association's brands. Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers ... Blue Shield of Michigan Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina BlueCross BlueShield of ... branded as Florida Blue) Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Blue Cross ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Blue Shield of California Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida (includes Puerto Rico and the ...
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
NJ Insurance Plans - Mike Sheeran, CFP". Hartz Mountain Developments Eporis.com: Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey ... Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, headquartered in Newark, New Jersey is the only licensed Blue Cross and Blue ... Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is best known for their managed care and traditional indemnity plans for ... was formed as a multi-hospital prepayment plan. The company later became the nation's first Blue Cross Plan. The insurance ...
Health insurance marketplace
The IMX product rights were acquired by Anthem (then Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kentucky). The exchange product became the ... "exchange plan." In California, Anthem Blue Cross offers HMO plans through both the state-run Covered California exchange and ... Physicians advertising acceptance of Anthem Blue Cross Exchange HMOs may misinform individuals enrolled in Anthem Blue Cross ... A private health insurance exchange is an exchange run by a private sector company or nonprofit. Health plans and insurance ...
Independence Blue Cross
Official website Health Insurance Plans "Independence Blue Cross Company Overview".360° Company Information. Hoover's. ... Independence is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Independence Blue Cross began in 1938 as ... the Independence Blue Cross Foundation. In addition to health care benefits, Independence Blue Cross offers specialized ... the company changed its name to Blue Cross of Greater Philadelphia and in 1988, began doing business as Independence Blue Cross ...
In 2000, Blue Shield of California began the United States' first cross-border health plan. Patients in California could travel ... In 2007, a subsidiary of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Companion Global Healthcare, teamed up with hospitals in ... Medical travel packages can integrate with all types of health insurance, including limited benefit plans, preferred provider ... "Mini-Meds: Limited benefit plans provide cost-effective compromise" Houston Business Journal, "Blue Shield of California Press ...
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
"Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan And Blue Care Network Approved To Offer 44 Individual Health Plans In Michigan For Third- ... The worker's compensation insurance firm Accident Fund operates as a for-profit subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of ... Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) is an independent licensee of Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Currently it is ... Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. October 14, 2015. Enos, Gary (2019-08-05). "Michigan Centers Sue Blue Cross Over Payment ...
Health insurance in the United States
... offering insurance plans within defined regions under one or both of the association's brands. Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers ... some Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans continue to serve as insurers of last resort. Similarly, the benefits offered by Blues ... The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is a federation of 38 separate health insurance organizations and companies in ... Historically, commercial insurers, Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans, and HMOs might be subject to different regulatory ...
Healthy Montana Kids
Cross Blue Shield cited the importance of healthcare for children and a likely reduction in the cost of health insurance plans ... Montana's two largest health insurance companies, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana and New West Health Services, both ... existing private insurance plans, thereby saving state funds. The insurance provided under HMK covers medical, dental, and ... The Healthy Montana Kids Plan Act (HMK) is a program that expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicaid ...
Premera Blue Cross
... is a not-for-profit Blue Cross Blue Shield licensed health insurance company based in Mountlake Terrace, ... insurance plans under the Blue Cross license in Washington state except Clark County and under both of the Blue Cross and Blue ... Premera Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Premera was founded as Washington ... Health insurance in the United States, Members of Blue Cross Blue Shield Association). ...
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
... (BCBSMA) is a state licensed nonprofit private health insurance company under the Blue ... BCBSMA formed in 1988 after the merger of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts. In 1992 it offered an HMO plan along ... "Financials". Blue Cross Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA). Retrieved March 12, 2017. "Our History: Blue Cross Blue Shield of ... In March 2018, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts announced a six-year marketing deal with Hubway to re-brand the bicycle ...
Health care in California
Kaiser Permanente had about 50% of the market, followed by Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross, and Health Net (a ... ". "California's Medicaid State Plan (Title XIX)". California Department of Health Care Services. "The Private Insurance Market ... Covered California is the health insurance marketplace. Kaiser Permanente and Blue Shield of California had about two-thirds of ... As of 2015, about 14.1 million people were insured privately, including in self-funded plans; 1.3 million were in plans ...
California Insurance Commissioner
HMO Health Plans and PPO Plans offered by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California are overseen by the California ... The Insurance Commissioner does not oversee the majority of Health Plans and Health Insurance. ... Gorn, David (February 8, 2014). "Insurance Regulation Shifted Toward Health Plan Regulator". "AsianWeek.com". Archived from the ... The current insurance commissioner is Democrat Ricardo Lara. Oversees and directs all functions of the Department of Insurance ...
In 1995, The Associated Group acquired Community Mutual Insurance, a provider of Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plans in ... and disability plans through affiliated companies such as Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield in New ... Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield ... In 1999, Anthem acquired Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Hampshire and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Colorado and Nevada. The ...
... an American health insurance group Blue Shield of California, health plan based in San Francisco, California Blue Shield ( ... organization named after the Blue Shield emblem that protects cultural property in emergencies Blue Cross and Blue Shield ... Blue Shield may refer to: Blue Shield emblem, a distinctive symbol marking cultural property defined by the 1954 Hague ... in the US Blue Shield of California Building This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blue Shield. If ...
Yale School of Public Health
Cleve L. Killingsworth, MPH '76, president and chief executive officer of Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts. Killingsworth ... and senior vice president of insurance and care manager of Henry Ford Health System. Meg McCarthy, MPH, executive vice ... served as president and CEO of Health Alliance Plan in Detroit, president of Kaiser Permanente's Central East Division, ...
An investigation by the insurance company Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama determined that HealthSouth had "improperly ... He presented the plan to Lifemark, but the company was unable to act on it due to a company merger that was already underway ... Still working for Lifemark, Scrushy devised a plan for an outpatient diagnostics and rehabilitative health clinic chain. ... treating patients without a formal plan of care, and using unlicensed therapists". In March 2003, the U.S. Securities and ...
... and Director of Market Research and Product Development for Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans. She also served as the General ... Before coming to the GPO, Vance-Cooks held several private sector management positions in the health insurance industry. She ... In that capacity she created and implemented GPO's strategic performance plan and oversaw a buyout program that reduced agency ... Manager of HTH Worldwide Insurance Services. Vance-Cooks holds a B.A. from Tufts University and an M.B.A. from Columbia ...
Partnership for America's Health Care Future
DC-based partnership now includes the American Hospital Association and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. PAHCF has been ... Founded in June 2018 by the Federation of American Hospitals, America's Health Insurance Plans, and the Pharmaceutical Research ... In November 2018, PAHCF planning documents were leaked to the media. In December 2019, PAHCF removed all leadership members and ... Cook, Josh (August 27, 2019). "How Dark Money Groups Are Attacking Dems' Health Care Plans". Iowa Starting Line. Johnson, Jake ...
... health plans from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. This was despite the fact that during the previous year, Blue Cross had ... National Insurance Crime Bureau. Insurance Bureau of Canada UK Insurance Fraud Bureau Insurance Research Council U.S. Fire ... False insurance claims are insurance claims filed with the fraudulent intention towards an insurance provider. Insurance fraud ... According to Roger Feldman, Blue Cross Professor of Health Insurance at the University of Minnesota, one of the main reasons ...
David Morales (politician)
... the RI Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner to reject health insurance rate hikes proposed by Blue Cross Blue Shield, ... During the 2021 legislative session, Morales introduced a bill to transfer the planning and administration of the ... In 2021, Morales introduced and passed House Bill 6208 which limits the amount insurance companies can charge customers for out ... Gagosz, Alexa (June 28, 2021). "Health insurance companies in R.I. request steep rate hikes for 2022". BostonGlobe.com. ...
... and Greater Fall River Insurance Agents and was a director of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the Fall River United ... He was a member of the town's planning board for many years. Wahlrab retired to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, where he ... From 1975 to 1992, Wahlrab owned John P. Slade Insurance of Fall River, Massachusetts. He served a president of the Fall River ... He also served on the Governor's task force for liability insurance. In 1974, Wahlrab married a second time. Wahlrab resided in ...
Simple Health Plans
... such as AARP and Blue Cross Blue Shield, in addition to be claiming to be experts on Affordable Care Act insurance. Ads by the ... Pear, Robert (5 November 2018). "Federal Officials Shut Down Sales of 'Ruinous' Health Insurance Plans". The New York Times. ... "FTC Halts Purveyors of Sham Health Insurance Plans". Federal Trade Commission. 2 November 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2019. " ... HBC Direct, LLC NMS Insurance Agency, LLC d/b/a Essential Insurance Agency Shift Health Solutions, LLC " ...
Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
The Travelers Insurance Company Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Self-Insurance Institute of America American Medical ... developing a targeted plan for using industry resources to educate key audiences on EDI, encouraging participation in ... President of Travelers Insurance Company, and Bernard Tresnowski, President of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, ... Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ...
History of the United States (1945-1964)
... as private insurance programs like Blue Cross and Blue Shield expanded. With the exception of farm and domestic workers, ... MacArthur planned for a full-scale invasion of China, but this was against the wishes of President Harry S. Truman and others ... By 1960, blue-collar workers had become the biggest buyers of many luxury goods and services. In addition, by the early-1970s, ... Many blue-collar workers continued to live in poverty, with 30% of those employed in industry in 1958 receiving under $3,000 a ...
Graham-Cassidy health care amendment
Groups opposing the bill include the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, America's Health Insurance Plans, American Medical ... can be in charge of what health insurance you want to buy, and we lower premiums so that health insurance is more affordable." ... making health insurance coverage unaffordable and denying people with health conditions the care they need" and that older ...
... may refer to: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, a federation of health insurance providers in the United States ... Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans, a federation of health insurance providers in Canada International Federation of the ... "The Blue Cross" (short story), a short story by G. K. Chesterton Blue Cross (society), a Finnish nazi organisation "Blue Cross ... an organization associated with the Zimbabwe Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Blue Cross Blue Shield Tower, a ...
Cross/Blue Shield plans which resulted in the contribution of several hundred million new dollars to provide health insurance ... She has served the City of Philadelphia as chair of the first Women's Commission, as a member of the City Planning Commission, ... as chair of a task force, which drew the charter for Mayor Rendell's Office for Management, Productivity and Planning, and as a ...
blue cross blue shield insurance plans | Car Garage Insurance Choice
Health Insurance Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Review - Pros and Cons , Top and also Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn ... Health Insurance Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Review - Pros and Cons , Top and also Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn ... Health Insurance Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Review - Pros and Cons , Top and also Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn ... Health Insurance Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Review - Pros and Cons , Top and also Blue Cross Blue Shield ...
Shop Plans | Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
... so you can find a plan to meet your needs. ... We offer several Qualified Health Plans both on the Marketplace ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and its subsidiaries, HMO Louisiana, Inc. and Southern National Life Insurance Company ... Copyright © 2023 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is licensed to sell products ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and ...
Lucy Young, MD, PhD - Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans. *Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65. *Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity ... Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted. ... Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care. *Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus ...
Christopher Anderson, NP, Dermatologist - Savannah, GA | Sharecare
Superior Health Plan. * Blue Cross Blue Shield. Blue Card PPO. * Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. Blue Choice HMO ... NP accept any insurance plans?. A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Sharecare insurance check. It is ... EmployerHealth planPublic sectorBrokers & consultantsProviderLife sciences --------------. Sharecare+: AdvocacyCareLinx: Home ... EmployerHealth planPublic sectorBrokers & consultantsProviderLife sciences --------------. Sharecare+: AdvocacyCareLinx: Home ...
Certified Nursing Assistant- up to $17.40 h/r Job in Tallassee, AL - NHS Management, LLC | CareerBuilder.com
Top Health Insurance Plans in Virginia - NCQA
The top health insurance plans in Virginia, as ranked by NCQA. ... Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in Virginia. PPO. 252. Group ... has released its annual health insurance plan rankings. For Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2014-2015, Kaiser Foundation ... Health Insurance Plan Ratings. HPA 2020: Align Health Plan Accreditation and Ratings. August 29, 2019 · Jazmyne Carter ... Health Plan Rankings. Top Health Insurance Plans in Virginia. September 19, 2014 · Adam ONeill ...
Leslie A. Gavin-Devitt, PhD - Pediatric Behavioral Health
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD UNITED OF WISCONSIN v. MARSHFIELD CLINIC (1995) | FindLaw
Case opinion for US 7th Circuit BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD UNITED OF WISCONSIN v. MARSHFIELD CLINIC. Read the Courts full decision ... group insurance plan of a large employer with plenty of insurance options. We need not pursue these issues. Blue Cross paid ... Blue Cross & Blue Shield United of Wisconsin ("Blue Cross" for short), and its subsidiary, Compcare Health Services Insurance ... BLUE CROSS & BLUE SHIELD UNITED OF WISCONSIN and Compcare Health Services Insurance Corporation, Plaintiffs-Appellees, Cross- ...
insurance critical illness
Looking for health insurance? Find a variety of affordable medical insurance plans offered by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield ... anthem blue cross; blue cross; anthem; blue cross of california; anthem blue cross blue shield; anthem blue cross blue shield; ... hospital indemnity plan; indemnity plans; health indemnity insurance; indemnity insurance plan; indemnity insurance plans; ... Anthem.com: Affordable Health Insurance and Medical Insurance from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) ...
Humana Inc (HUM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Mutual Insurance Co. *WellCare Health Plans Inc ... Feb 22, 2022: Humana Announces Board of Directors Refreshment Plan. *Feb 08, 2022: Humana Specialty Pharmacy expands access to ... The company offers fully-insured medical and specialty health insurance benefits, including vision, dental, other supplemental ...
News Flash • New Jersey League of Municipalities • CivicEngage
State Extends Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance. Posted on: January 9, 2023 ... SHBP Plan Design Committee Meets. Posted on: August 24, 2023. State Health Benefits Commission Adopts 2024 Plan Year Rates. ... SHBC Plan Design Committee Meeting Summary. Posted on: February 24, 2023. State Health Benefits Increase Continues to Remain ... SHBP Plan Design Committee Meets & Labor Launches Campaign. Posted on: October 31, 2022 ...
National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, 1997
1. Private Insurance - Charges paid in part or in full by a private insurer (e.g. Blue Cross or Blue Shield) either directly to ... insurance sponsored prepaid plan.. 2. Medicare - Charges paid in part or in full by a Medicare plan. Includes payments directly ... The sample physician may or may not work in the same health care plan as the referring physician (or referring health plan.) ... FAMILY PLANNING (3500-3599). 3500.0 Family Planning, NOS Includes: Counseling, examinations, and general advice regarding: ...
Cynthia Bentwood McNulty, LCSW - Santa Barbara, CA - Social Worker | Doctor.com
See insurances she accepts. Read ratings and reviews from other patients. ... Plan 65 (Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Kansas). *Plan 65 (Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Rhode Island) ... Accepted Insurance *BlueCross BlueShield See Accepted Plans * BCBS Community. *2016 Individual PPO ... Blue Advantage (Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of North Carolina). *Blue Advantage (Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Tennessee) ...
Dr Susan Escudier Talks Barriers in Oncology Specialist, PCP Collaboration
For example, I cant tell you how many insurance plans Im on. And even within every plan like Blue Cross Blue Shield, theres ... And many of these plans, for example, have performance-based payments, and so we have to pay attention to what it is that ... Center on Health Equity and AccessClinicalHealth Care CostHealth Care DeliveryInsurancePolicyTechnologyValue-Based Care ... So, its really important that we have people in our offices who understand how to navigate the requirements of the insurance ...
Performing arts medicine | TRIA Orthopedics
What insurance do you accept?. We accept most health insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, CIGNA ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota: 800-382-2000. *CIGNA: 800-244-6224. (insurance through work); 866-494-2111. (insurance ... You can check with your insurance to see if your plan covers part or all of the services needed. Call the number on the back of ... Some insurance companies may require a referral. If youre not sure what your insurance covers, call the number on the back of ...
Accepted Insurance Plans | Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield *Blue Card. *Federal Employees. *NASCO/ITS ... Hometown Health Plan (effective 01/01/20). *Humana Medicare Advantage (PPO, HMO & PFFS) *Humana Gold Healthcare Partners of NV ... All plans listed are participating with Sunrise Health System as of the last update. Please verify benefits and participation ... If you have health insurance coverage through your states Medicaid program, please be aware that requirements are changing ...
Greg McDonald, D.C. Chiropractor in Palm Desert, CA
We are a preferred provider on most insurance plans including:. *Aetna. *Cigna. *First Choice. *Anthem/Blue Cross. *Blue Shield ... Nursing Homes Insurance. Health Insurance. Life Insurance Doctors. Cardiologists. Dermatologists. ENT Doctors. Family Doctors. ... We offer options for patients with little or no insurance coverage. We also accept:. *MediCare. *Auto Accident insurance. * ... McDonald tailors a specific plan to meet each patients unique needs, goals & medical and physical conditions.. Dr. McDonald is ...
Business & Finance / Benefits
The districts insurance plan is with Blue Cross Blue Shield. There are two plans available - a high deductible and a low ... The clinic is free to employees who are actively enrolled in one of the WISD health insurance plans. Members can get basic ... Willis ISD is a self-funded insurance plan. This allows the districts to keep premiums low while providing additional features ... that a regular insurance company cannot offer. Ultimately, that means our employees get to keep more of their earnings. ...
Anthem Gold X Clear Choice Tiered 2500 | HealthMarkets Plans
Enroll in the Anthem Gold X Clear Choice Tiered 2500 plan today. ... HealthMarkets can find the right health insurance plan for you ... Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Anthem Gold X Clear Choice Tiered 2500. ... Dental Insurance Plans by State. ALARAZCACOCTDCDEFLGAIAIDILINKSKYLAMAMDMEMIMOMSMTNCNENHNJNMNVOHOKORPARISCTNTXVAWAWIWVWY ... Life Insurance Plans by State. ALARAZCACOCTDCDEFLGAIAIDILINKSKYLAMAMDMEMIMOMSMTNCNENHNJNMNVOHOKORPARISCTNTXVAWAWIWVWY ...
Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Insurances accepted. Aetna Life Insurance Company. Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Rhode Island ... The plan involves keeping the blood levels at target levels and keeping the blood thinned. This ... Read More. Created for ... Needs planning. : Both emphysema and lung cancer reduce the lung capacity for oxygen transfer into the blood. Tests such as pft ... However, a well rounded survivorship plan includes early... Read More. Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but ...
Healthcare Plan Information Summary For Washington - OPM.gov
APWU Health Plan - 47. High. Go (external link) Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan - 10. Standard. Go (external ... UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, Inc. (A HDHP with a Health Savings Account (HSA)) - LU. HDHP. Go (external link) ... Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan - 11. Basic. Go (external link) ... Healthcare Plan Information Summary For Washington. 2018 Plan Information Summary for Washington. Choose a Plan & Enroll ...
Federal health reform and access to mental health care
at 12871 (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts HMO). Under the designated benchmark plan, outpatient services are limited ... www.mass.gov/ocabr/business/insurance/doi-regulatory-info/essential-health-benefit-benchmark-plan.html. 3645 C.F.R. § 156.115(a ... FEDERAL PARITY LAW AND PUBLIC PLANS. Prior to the ACA, Medicaid managed care plans and CHIP plans had to comply with some or ... Although most small group plans cover some MH/SUD benefits, federal parity laws have exempted such plans from compliance.20 ...
Blue Cross Blue Shield May Quit ACA North Carolina Market - The Heartland Institute
North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance Wayne Goodwin says the reduction of plan offerings could harm consumers. ... "North Carolinas largest health insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, chose to reduce its plan offerings in ... Blue Cross Blue Shield May Quit ACA North Carolina Market. Published February 27, 2016 ... Ramping up to the release of its 2015 financials report in March, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) projected ...
Jacqueline Anne Krevitz, MD - Pediatric Primary Care
Geisinger Health Plan Commercial *Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware HMO POS EPO ... Independence Blue Cross/Amerihealth/Keystone HMO PPO. *Insurance Administrators of America. *Maryland Medicaid ... Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield NJ HMO. *Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NJ PPO ... Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware Traditional * ... Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware PPO. * ...
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi - Remote Work From Home Jobs & Careers | FlexJobs
Find remote work from home jobs and careers with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi. Get a better remote job search with ... A mutual insurance company, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi is one of three dozen independent BCBS plans belonging to ... BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Capital Blue Cross CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New ... Alberta Blue Cross Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City - Blue KC Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Blue Cross and ...
Eldercare - United States Department of State
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Provides coverage to Americans living abroad only through the local offices where the clients have ... Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long-term care ... The ABAs Tool Kit for Health Care Advance Planning does not create a formal advance directive for an individual. Instead, it ... Insurance may be purchased while the client is overseas.. Clements Worldwide Clements Worldwide provides overseas major medical ...
Eye Exam Near Me in De Pere,WI | Pearle Vision
40 Drug Rehab Centers in Dallas
Insurance plans accepted:. *Aetna, CHIP, Beacon, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Texas Bluebonnet, and some other ... Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Scotts & White Health Plans, Blue Cross/Blue Shield.. 28. MH/MR of Tarrant. For more than five decades, ... Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Friday Health Plans, Humana, UMR, Cigna, Aetna, and more. ... MultiPlan, Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Humana, Cigna, Tricare, and others.. 36. Recovery Unplugged. If you are looking for a ...
Accepting New Patients in Champaign-Urbana | OSF HealthCare
Anthem Blue C1
- Find a variety of affordable medical insurance plans offered by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS). (serpanalytics.com)
- Ramping up to the release of its 2015 financials report in March, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) projected its second consecutive yearly loss. (heartland.org)
- BCBSNC is the only qualified health plan insurer offering ACA plans in all 100 North Carolina counties. (heartland.org)
- North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance Wayne Goodwin says the reduction of plan offerings could harm consumers. (heartland.org)
- North Carolina's largest health insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, chose to reduce its plan offerings in several areas of the state for the 2016 plan year after experiencing a $123 million operating loss in 2014 and continued poor emerging experience in 2015," Goodwin wrote to U.S. Secretary of State Sylvia Burwell on February 2. (heartland.org)
- The insurer also eliminated the availability of its broadest network plans in those areas, relegating thousands of North Carolina consumers to narrow-network plans. (heartland.org)
- I was joined by Dr. Crystal Piper (UNCC) and Mr. Brad Wilson, CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina for the interview with Mike Collins, host of Charlotte Talks. (cdc.gov)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, for example, is working with communities across the state to develop innovative strategies that support clinical and community preventive services -one of four cross-cutting themes of the National Prevention Strategy . (cdc.gov)
- Aetna is a national leader of health and related benefits offering health insurance, pharmacy, dental, life, products for individuals, medicare insurance and disability. (serpanalytics.com)
- Blue Cross claims that Marshfield, partly through its own monopoly power and partly by collusion with other providers of medical services, charged supracompetitive prices to patients insured by Blue Cross. (findlaw.com)
- Because patients diagnosed with the same condition can respond very differently to treatments, Dr. McDonald tailors a specific plan to meet each patient's unique needs, goals & medical and physical conditions. (wellness.com)
- Retrospective analysis of a nationwide health insurance claims database identified patients from 2005-2010 with clinician-diagnosed LD using International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification, codes and antimicrobial drug prescriptions. (cdc.gov)
- This allows the districts to keep premiums low while providing additional features that a regular insurance company cannot offer. (willisisd.org)
- Employees who complete the annual Health Risk Assessment through the Wellness Center receive a discount on their health insurance premiums. (willisisd.org)
- In addition to hiking premiums 32.5 percent, company officials issued a statement on January 24, 2016, announcing sales agents could no longer earn commissions on plans with start dates of April through December of 2016. (heartland.org)
- Restrepo says less regulation of insurance products is the way to increase access and lower premiums. (heartland.org)
- The way in which this can be remedied is to relax government price controls on health insurance premiums," Restrepo said. (heartland.org)
- Learn more about supplemental health insurance, as well as supplemental life insurance, accident insurance, and supplemental disability insurance today. (serpanalytics.com)
- The company offers fully-insured medical and specialty health insurance benefits, including vision, dental, other supplemental health benefits and administrative services only (ASO products) to individuals and employer groups. (researchandmarkets.com)
- DESIGN, SETTING, AND PARTICIPANTS: This cross-sectional study included information on opioid prescriptions for US individuals between 2012 and 2018 from an administrative database. (cdc.gov)
- From 2015 to 2016, the total number of plans available from insurers in the two markets went from approximately 1,700 plans to 683 plans. (heartland.org)
- All three of North Carolina's qualified health plan insurers reduced the number and types of plans offered on the exchange, as well as the areas in which they are available, for 2016. (heartland.org)
- Serial cross-sections of monthly opioid dispensing trajectories in each US state and the District of Columbia were analyzed using segmented regression to characterize preguideline dispensing trajectories and to estimate how those trajectories changed following the 2016 guideline release. (cdc.gov)
- BLUE CROSS & BLUE SHIELD UNITED OF WISCONSIN and Compcare Health Services Insurance Corporation, Plaintiffs-Appellees, Cross-Appellants, v. MARSHFIELD CLINIC and Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc., Defendants-Appellants, Cross-Appellees. (findlaw.com)
- We offer a complete choice of plans to meet your coverage needs and fit your budget. (bcbsla.com)
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield coverage ensures that the cost of Suboxone treatment is minimized, making it accessible to individuals who need it the most. (bicyclehealth.com)
- The ACA contains broad insurance reforms that will impact access to MH/SUD benefits, including elimination of pre-existing conditions and of annual and lifetime caps on coverage, group eligibility for children to age 26, and prohibition of rescission of coverage. (massbar.org)
- 8 The ACA creates, for the first time, a federal coverage mandate for certain group and non-group plans. (massbar.org)
- If that insurer stops offering coverage in those counties, some North Carolinians will have no access to health insurance at all," Goodwin said. (heartland.org)
- Eliminate the mandates for coverage for individuals and employers, the 10 essential health benefits, and North Carolina's state health benefits mandates, and instead give the insurance companies the flexibility to offer products that tailor to individuals' needs. (heartland.org)
- Title : Health insurance, type of insuring organization and multiple coverage, United States, July 1962-June 1963 Personal Author(s) : Hoffmann, Carolanne H. Corporate Authors(s) : National Center for Health Statistics (U.S.) Published Date : April 1965 Series : Vital and health statistics. (cdc.gov)
- Please verify benefits and participation status with your insurance plan. (southernhillshospital.com)
- The ACA requires that certain plans offer MH/SUD benefits as part of the essential health benefits package in qualified health plans. (massbar.org)
- Prior to the ACA, federal law did not mandate benefits for mental health conditions or substance use disorders in private plans. (massbar.org)
- 9 Effective in 2014, all health plans offered in the individual market and all qualified small group health plans offered through an exchange must cover an "essential health benefit" (EHB) package that includes MH/SUD benefits. (massbar.org)
- Massachusetts requires that state-regulated insurance policies include certain mental health benefits. (massbar.org)
- A state may require exchange plans to cover benefits beyond EHB categories, provided that the mandates were in place before December 31, 2011. (massbar.org)
- 12 Massachusetts-required MH/SUD benefits for qualified health plans are found in the state mental health parity statutes. (massbar.org)
- Before the ACA, large group plans had to comply if they offered medical/surgical and MH/SUD benefits. (massbar.org)
- Although most small group plans cover some MH/SUD benefits, federal parity laws have exempted such plans from compliance. (massbar.org)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance (low cost! (careerbuilder.com)
- What insurance do you accept? (healthpartners.com)
- We offer three Traditional plans and three Certified plans to meet your needs. (bcbsla.com)
- please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted. (massgeneral.org)
- Does Blue Cross / Blue Shield cover Bicycle Health Suboxone treatment in Colorado? (bicyclehealth.com)
- We work with most major health and vision plans. (pearlevision.com)
- If you are trying to find information related to Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn Short Term Health Insurance - BlueCross search phrases, you have concerned the appropriate blog. (greencarport.us)
- Find out which plan is right for you. (bcbsla.com)
- Compare health insurance policies and prices online for free to find the right policy for you. (serpanalytics.com)
- You can download Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn Short Term Health Insurance - BlueCross save all of these Blue Cross Blue Shield Mn Short Term Health Insurance - BlueCross in a rar file (single click go to save page, recomended ) or click the pictures under one by one if you desire to select the pictures your self. (greencarport.us)
- Are you planning a hospital stay? (bcbsla.com)
- ProfilePoints ™ measure the overall completeness of a provider's profile, including items like having a photo, a biography, insurance, payment options, etc. (doctor.com)
- So, it's really important that we have people in our offices who understand how to navigate the requirements of the insurance companies so that we can all, again, make sure that we are fulfilling their expectations for us. (ajmc.com)
- Some insurance companies may require a referral. (healthpartners.com)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of N.C. is also promoting community gardens and greater use of community health workers in its outreach efforts. (cdc.gov)
- My approach is client-centered and we will develop an individualized treatment plan to reach your goals. (goodtherapy.org)
- We'll create a personalized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs and helps you achieve your treatment goals. (healthpartners.com)
- We take a combined approach that helps us determine the best treatment plan for your injury and start your recovery immediately, so you can return to the activities you love. (healthpartners.com)
- After your consultation is complete, we'll create a personalized treatment plan that's unique to your needs. (healthpartners.com)
- Compcare, Blue Cross's HMO, claims that the Marshfield Clinic-a nonprofit corporation owned by the 400 physicians whom it employs-has a monopoly which it acquired and has maintained by improper practices that have excluded Compcare from the HMO "market" in the counties of north central Wisconsin in which the Marshfield Clinic and its HMO subsidiary (Security) operate. (findlaw.com)
- During 2013-2014, we retrospectively analyzed the 2005-2010 Truven Health MarketScan Commercial Claims and Encounters Database, which contains health insurance claims information for a median of 27 million persons each year. (cdc.gov)
- Rankings are based on health plans' quality, customer satisfaction and accreditation results. (ncqa.org)
- Christopher Anderson accepts multiple insurance plans. (sharecare.com)
- These are important 'close to home' questions that should guide the planning and content of our outreach and public education efforts. (cdc.gov)