Information Seeking Behavior
Translational Medical Research
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Academies and Institutes
Information Storage and Retrieval
Natural Language Processing
A formal process of examination of patient care or research proposals for conformity with ethical standards. The review is usually conducted by an organized clinical or research ethics committee (CLINICAL ETHICS COMMITTEES or RESEARCH ETHICS COMMITTEES), sometimes by a subset of such a committee, an ad hoc group, or an individual ethicist (ETHICISTS).
A specified list of terms with a fixed and unalterable meaning, and from which a selection is made when CATALOGING; ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING; or searching BOOKS; JOURNALS AS TOPIC; and other documents. The control is intended to avoid the scattering of related subjects under different headings (SUBJECT HEADINGS). The list may be altered or extended only by the publisher or issuing agency. (From Harrod's Librarians' Glossary, 7th ed, p163)
Clinical Trials as Topic
Works about pre-planned studies of the safety, efficacy, or optimum dosage schedule (if appropriate) of one or more diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques selected according to predetermined criteria of eligibility and observed for predefined evidence of favorable and unfavorable effects. This concept includes clinical trials conducted both in the U.S. and in other countries.
Terminology as Topic
Nontherapeutic Human Experimentation
Abstracting and Indexing as Topic
Ethics Committees, Research
A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.
Health Planning Councils
An international agreement of the World Medical Association which offers guidelines for conducting experiments using human subjects. It was adopted in 1962 and revised by the 18th World Medical Assembly at Helsinki, Finland in 1964. Subsequent revisions were made in 1975, 1983, 1989, and 1996. (From Encyclopedia of Bioethics, rev ed, 1995)
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Therapeutic Human Experimentation
Unified Medical Language System
A research and development program initiated by the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE to build knowledge sources for the purpose of aiding the development of systems that help health professionals retrieve and integrate biomedical information. The knowledge sources can be used to link disparate information systems to overcome retrieval problems caused by differences in terminology and the scattering of relevant information across many databases. The three knowledge sources are the Metathesaurus, the Semantic Network, and the Specialist Lexicon.
National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Committees established by professional societies, health facilities, or other institutions to consider decisions that have bioethical implications. The role of these committees may include consultation, education, mediation, and/or review of policies and practices. Committees that consider the ethical dimensions of patient care are ETHICS COMMITTEES, CLINICAL; committees established to protect the welfare of research subjects are ETHICS COMMITTEES, RESEARCH.
Disease involving the RADIAL NERVE. Clinical features include weakness of elbow extension, elbow flexion, supination of the forearm, wrist and finger extension, and thumb abduction. Sensation may be impaired over regions of the dorsal forearm. Common sites of compression or traumatic injury include the AXILLA and radial groove of the HUMERUS.
Access to Information
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Database Management Systems
Biological Specimen Banks
Peer Review, Research
The evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field. Peer review is used by editors in deciding which submissions warrant publication, by granting agencies to determine which proposals should be funded, and by academic institutions in tenure decisions.
Guidelines as Topic
A systematic statement of policy rules or principles. Guidelines may be developed by government agencies at any level, institutions, professional societies, governing boards, or by convening expert panels. The text may be cursive or in outline form but is generally a comprehensive guide to problems and approaches in any field of activity. For guidelines in the field of health care and clinical medicine, PRACTICE GUIDELINES AS TOPIC is available.
Medical Subject Headings
A field of biology concerned with the development of techniques for the collection and manipulation of biological data, and the use of such data to make biological discoveries or predictions. This field encompasses all computational methods and theories for solving biological problems including manipulation of models and datasets.
Medical Laboratory Personnel
Professional Staff Committees
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Biological Science Disciplines
All of the divisions of the natural sciences dealing with the various aspects of the phenomena of life and vital processes. The concept includes anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and biophysics, and the biology of animals, plants, and microorganisms. It should be differentiated from BIOLOGY, one of its subdivisions, concerned specifically with the origin and life processes of living organisms.
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.
Allied Health Occupations
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
Data Interpretation, Statistical
Databases as Topic
Clinical Nursing Research
Congresses as Topic
Documents describing a medical treatment or research project, including proposed procedures, risks, and alternatives, that are to be signed by an individual, or the individual's proxy, to indicate his/her understanding of the document and a willingness to undergo the treatment or to participate in the research.
Protective measures against unauthorized access to or interference with computer operating systems, telecommunications, or data structures, especially the modification, deletion, destruction, or release of data in computers. It includes methods of forestalling interference by computer viruses or so-called computer hackers aiming to compromise stored data.
Medical Informatics Applications
Community-Based Participatory Research
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
University at Buffalo
... the Clinical and Translational Research Center and Kaleida Health medical research building, and Crossroads Culinary Center.[29 ... The Roswell Park Graduate Division offers five PhD programs and two MS programs in basic and translational biomedical research ... "A Medical School for the 21st Century - UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences". June 23, 2015. Retrieved August 3, 2015 ... Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus *Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. *Kaleida Health (Buffalo General Medical Center, John ...
Institute For Medical Research, Israel-Canada
33 research groups) The Institute provides a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences. In addition its faculty teaches the ... "Boyalife, Science & Science Translational Medicine Award in Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine". Science , AAAS. Retrieved ... Institute for Medical Research, Israel-Canada (IMRIC) is a research institute affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of the ... The Institute for Medical Research was founded in 2008. It conducts fundamental and applied research in the field of ...
Maine Medical Center
As a part of its mission, MMC is also a leader in biomedical research, through its Maine Medical Center Research Institute, ... clinical and translational research, outcomes research and evaluation, psychiatric research, and Lyme and vector-borne diseases ... Currently, Maine Medical Center Research Institute is one of 126 NIH-designated "Centers for Research Excellence" receiving ... Since 1956, Maine Medical Center has recruited NIH-funded scientists to staff its research institute. The facility is ...
Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine
The main goal of the LCSB is to accelerate biomedical research by closing the link between systems biology and medical research ... This will allow the reuse of previously generated translational data to address new research questions and dramatically save ... The LCSB was founded in 2009 as the first biomedical research centre of the University of Luxembourg by the founding director ... strategic partnerships with leading biomedical laboratories worldwide and with all major biological and medical research units ...
University of Colorado Denver
... clinical and translational research in the biomedical sciences. The University of Colorado Denver Business School is accredited ... "Detailed History of CU Medical School" (PDF). University of Colorado Denver. Retrieved 2010-01-22. "Denver Medical Center". ... but the Anschutz Medical Campus is independently referred to as CU Anschutz or CU Anschutz Medical Campus in official materials ... The medical school and UC Denver offer some dual programs. The College of Arts & Media (CAM) was the first college in Colorado ...
... medical physics, epidemiology, and biomedical engineering. Research performed on a foundational level is referred to as basic ... Translational research aims to elucidate mechanisms of cancer development and progression and transform basic scientific ... Difficulties inherent to cancer research are shared with many types of biomedical research. Cancer research processes have been ... Cancer research encompasses a variety of types and interdisciplinary areas of research. Scientists involved in cancer research ...
Medical College of Georgia Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics
The mission of IMMAG is to promote excellence in basic and translational biomedical research and promote a philosophy of open ... The Medical College of Georgia Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics (IMMAG) is a biomedical research facility located ... Facilities to support research activities have been an important feature of IMMAG from the outset. Key funding to purchase ... directors to ensure that MCG investigators have access to state-of-the-art technologies essential for biomedical research in ...
List of open-access journals
Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal BMC Health Services Research BMC Medicine BMJ Open British Columbia Medical Journal ... British Medical Journal Canadian Medical Association Journal Clinical and Translational Science Dermatology Online Journal ... Research Libraries In the Library with the Lead Pipe Information Technologies and International Development Informology ... Jadaliyya Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation Journal of Political Ecology Journal of World-Systems Research ...
List of genetics research organizations
Russia Research Centre for Medical Genetics (RCMG), Moscow Brazil Human Genome and Stem Cell Research Center (HUG-CELL), São ... United States Arizona Translational Genomics Research Institute California Clear Labs Genetic Information Research Institute ... Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Missouri ... This is a list of organizations involved in genetics research. Kenya International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Nairobi ...
Journal of Medical Imaging (JMI) is published quarterly and covers fundamental and translational research and applications ... Journal of Biomedical Optics (JBO) is published monthly with the latest on optical technology in health care and research. ... The communities are Astronomy, Biomedical Optics & Medical Imaging, Defense & Security, Electronic Imaging & Signal Processing ... Optical Engineering (OE) is the flagship monthly journal of the society, with papers on research and development in all areas ...
Irish Research Council
Martin O'Halloran, Director of the Translational Medical Device Lab, NUI Galway The Irish Research Council was created in 2012 ... Laoise McNamara, Biomedical Engineering, NUI Galway 2018 Prof. Anna Davies, Environmental Governance Research Group, Trinity ... "Irish Research Council announce 2018 Researchers of the Year". Irish Research Council. "Cork-based researchers recognised at ... "Irish Research Council: our mission". Retrieved 20 March 2018. "Irish Research Council's mission". Retrieved 20 March 2018. " ...
Translational Biomedical Sciences (TBS) Faculty Support Fund, Research Fellowship Award and Undergraduate Student Support Fund ... In 2014, John and Char Kopchick committed to giving a $2 million donation to support scientific and medical research programs ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "New Kopchick awards support OHIO scientific and medical research". University ... first as a senior research biochemist and later as a research fellow, and finally as a group leader of Molecular Biology at the ...
University of Texas Medical Branch
Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Women's Health, Institute for Translational Sciences, Galveston National Laboratory ( ... Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - Biomedical graduate programs were started in 1952, and a separate graduate school was ... UTMB's primary missions are health sciences education, medical research (it is home to the Galveston National Laboratory) and ... Clayton toured several medical colleges in the North and East before drawing up his plans for the building. The medical school ...
University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus
It also includes the following research centers: the Puerto Rico Clinical and Translational Research Consortium, the Behavioral ... The campus is a specialized center in basic, applied and clinical research in the biomedical sciences. ... Research Institute, the Women's and Health Research Center, the Research Center in Minority Institutions, the Maternal Infant ... It is part of the University of Puerto Rico System and is located on the grounds of the Puerto Rico Medical Center. In 1966 the ...
Biomedical Imaging Research (ARBIR) Distinguished Investigator Award, MIT TR-35 Award, Harvard Medical School-Young ... IEEE EMBS Translational Science Award, NSF CAREER Award, Coulter Foundation Early Career Award and Chinese International Young ... Harvard Medical School and at Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology serving at the Division of Biomedical ... Its major research theme focuses on creating new microfluidic technology platforms targeting broad applications in medicine as ...
... publishes outstanding and influential research in all areas of clinical practice, translational medicine, medical ... and health advances, public health, global health, policy, and general topics of interest to the biomedical and sociomedical ... It is described as "the flagship medical journal of the BMC series. An open access, open peer-reviewed general medical journal ... BMC Medicine is a peer-reviewed electronic-only medical journal published since 2003 by BioMed Central which is part of ...
Research Center for Signaling Defect Bio-medical Research Center etc. 2011-current Chief Do-Yak (2nd NRL) 2008 Visiting ... He is currently positioned as the Director of the Translational Research Center for Protein Function Control (TRCP) supported ... Kang-Yell Choi performed research related to cell signaling at Harvard Medical School as a postdoctoral fellow. His research at ... Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University Translational Research Center for ...
List of Medknow Publications academic journals
... and Biomedical Research Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology Indian Journal of Medical Research Indian Journal of Medical ... Dental Journal Tanta Medical Journal Thyroid Research and Practice Translational Surgery Tropical Journal of Medical Research ... of Medicine AYU Benha Medical Journal Biomedical Research Journal Biomedical and Biotechnology Research Journal Biomedical and ... of Health Research MAMC Journal of Medical Sciences Matrix Science Medica Matrix Science Pharma Medical Gas Research Medical ...
University of Rochester
The University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) is the primary campus for the university's medical education and research as ... the Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, and the Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. The Eastman School of Music is ... Other new research initiatives include a cancer stem cell program and a Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. UR also ... The School of Medicine and Dentistry is a medical and dental school with both research and clinical programs. The school of ...
Leiden University Medical Center
Within LUMC different specialists work together around research themes. Combining cross-border expertise may solve biomedical ... Translational Neuroscience Cancer Pathogenesis and Therapy Ageing Innovation in Health Strategy and Quality of Care Biomedical ... Its research practice ranges from pure fundamental medical research to applied clinical research. The hospital has clinical ... In 2016 Leiden University Medical Centre founded a branch at Campus The Hague, with research, teaching and a training programme ...
Medical Research Biomedical informatics Biomedical scientist Biomedical technology Biomedicine Human experimentation Medical ... Translational Research List of pharmaceutical companies Clinical Trial Management System. ... ViS Research IFAPP World publication Valor Economico article ViS Research News AAHRPP and ViS Research Collaborate to Protect ... Research Participants, Advance Quality Research BRANY and ViS Research Institute Partnership to Streamline Feasibility ...
BioScience Research Collaborative
Medical Futures Laboratory Shared Equipment Authority Kinder Institute Urban Health Program National Space Biomedical Research ... Houston Area Translational Research Consortium (HATRC) Gulf Coast Consortium (GCC) Electronic Health Research Institute (eHRI) ... The BioScience Research Collaborative (BRC) is a collaborative life science research building in the Texas Medical Center in ... They include: National Space Biomedical Research Institute Rice University Department of Bioengineering Faculty from the ...
Many UCL Neuroscience researchers are also involved in the translational research at the three biomedical research centres at ... UCL Neuroscience is organised thematically across faculties at UCL but is principally part of the School of Life and Medical ... Biomedical Research Centre ICH/GOSH Specialist Biomedical Research Centre IOO/Moorfieids Specialist Biomedical Research Centre ... UCL Neuroscience is a research domain that encompasses the breadth of neuroscience research activity across University College ...
International Clinical Research Center
... translational research Laboratory oncology translational research Multi-disciplinary research Kardiovize Brno 2030 Research ... FNUSA-ICRC conducts clinical investigations of new drugs and clinical trials of medical devices. It is a 'Prime Site' preferred ... Foreign students of medicine, biology and biomedical engineering programs come to Brno for study periods at FNUSA-ICRC. The ... Translational research 'translates' the basic mechanisms of disease development into clinical practice and vice versa. The ...
James J. Cimino
"Biomedical Translational Research Information System". btris.nih.gov. "Elected at The Institute of Medicine of the National ... James J. Cimino, is a physician-scientist and biomedical informatician elected in 1992 to the American College of Medical ... He pioneered the theory and formalisms of medical concept representation underpinning the use of controlled medical ... Training under Octo Barnett at Harvard University, he also contributed to the initiation of the Unified Medical Language System ...
Elazer R. Edelman
He is the director of MIT's Institute for Medical Engineering and Science (IMES), the Harvard-MIT Biomedical Engineering Center ... Edelman is a major advocate of multidisciplinary research. Through his research centers, he combines teams of clinicians, ... He is currently the Chief Scientific Advisor for the journal Science Translational Medicine. Edelman has been elected to the ... He earned his M.D. degree with distinction from Harvard Medical School and Ph.D. in Medical Engineering and Medical Physics ...
Nanomedicine (Elsevier journal)
This includes basic, translational, and clinical research. Publishing formats include original articles, communications, ... Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine is a peer-reviewed medical journal published bimonthly by Elsevier. It ... Previews Biotechnology Citation Index EMBASE MEDLINE Science Citation Index Expanded Scopus ACS Nano Journal of Biomedical ... covers research on nanoscience and nanotechnology applied to the life sciences and medicine. ...
Biomedical translational research adopts a scientific investigation/ enquiry into a given problem facing medical/health ... the American Journal of Translational Research and Translational Research dedicated to translational research and its findings ... Critics of translational medical research (to the exclusion of more basic research) point to examples of important drugs that ... Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, United States has a dedicated translational research institute. Scripps Research ...
Centre for Human Reproductive Science
A particular emphasis in the biomedical research strategy is placing research and discovery in the true physiological context. ... Translational medicine research funded by the NIHR on Andrology and male factors in healthy live birth Research into the role ... the group and associated clinic was one of five selected around the UK to receive Medical Research Council funding to elevate ... Research on the area of gametogenesis, this includes research derivation of gametes from embryonic stem cells by Dr Sarah ...
Morris Silverman (philanthropist)
The Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research is the second largest prize award in the world, next to the ... whose work has led to significant advances in the fields of health care and scientific research with demonstrated translational ... 50 million pledge to found the Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research. The Marty and Dorothy Silverman ... At the inaugural awards ceremony in Albany, NY in March 2001, Albany Medical Center Prize founder Marty Silverman started a ...
Positron emission tomography
PET is both a medical and research tool. It is used heavily in clinical oncology (medical imaging of tumours and the search for ... "Science Translational Medicine. 6 (259): 259ra146. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3009815. PMC 4327834. PMID 25338757.. ... Harmany, Z.; R. Marcia; R. Willett (2010). "Sparsity-regularized Photon-limited Imaging". International Symposium on Biomedical ... IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 9 (1): 84-93. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.144.8671. doi:10.1109/42.52985. PMID 18222753.. ...
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Research. HIV. In 2007, a team of doctors in Berlin, Germany, including Gero Hütter, performed a stem cell ... Medical uses. See also: List of conditions treated with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation ... Felfly, H; Haddad, GG (2014). "Hematopoietic stem cells: potential new applications for translational medicine". Journal of ... However, recent research has shown that such lineage infidelity does not occur as a normal phenomenon. ...
Deep brain stimulation - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Other medical applications[change , change source]. Alzheimer disease[change , change source]. In 2012, a literature review ... Oluigbo, C. O. (1 January 2012). "Deep Brain Stimulation for Neurological Disorders". IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering. ... Kringelbach, Morten L. (1 August 2007). "Translational principles of deep brain stimulation". Nature Reviews Neuroscience. ... "Deep brain stimulation for obsessive-compulsive disorder and treatment-resistant depression: systematic review". BMC Research ...
University of Miami
... medical schools ranked the Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine as the 50th best medical school for research in the nation, ... Wallace H. Coulter Center for Translational Research. The Miller School of Medicine receives more than $200 million per ... nine-story Biomedical Research Building, a 182,000 sq ft (16,900 m2) laboratory and office facility, opened to house the ... The medical campus includes more than 500,000 sq ft (46,000 m2) of research space and the UM Life Science Park, which has an ...
Wikipedia:WikiProject Academic Journals
05 Dec 2019 - European Medical Journal (talk · edit · hist) was AfDed by XVDC (t · c); see discussion (3 participants) ... User:Frank Niro Journal of Chess Research (first issue planned for Summer 2014) ... 2019-08-04: Translational Vision Science & Technology. *2019-08-02: Journal of Gene Medicine ... 2019-10-11: BioMedical Engineering OnLine. *2019-10-04: Developmental Neuropsychology. *2019-10-03: Psicothema ...
"The Indian Journal of Medical Research. 139 (3): 468-70. PMC 4069744. PMID 24820844.. ... "Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) Fifth Edition" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 ... "Chikungunya virus induces IPS-1-dependent innate immune activation and protein kinase R-independent translational shutoff" ... "Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology (Submitted manuscript). 26 (1): 5-12. doi:10.4103/0255-0857.38850. PMID 18227590.. ...
Harold E. Varmus
"Home - Rescuing Biomedical Research". Rescuing Biomedical Research. Retrieved 2016-03-10.. *^ "Harold Varmus to Step Down as ... The Lasker Foundation - 1982 Basic Medical Research Award *^ Goldberger, Paul (2008-12-01). "Swing Science". The New Yorker. ... During his ten and a half years at MSKCC, he was best known for enlarging the basic and translational research faculty; ... 1982: Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research. Personal life. Varmus has been married since 1969 to Constance ...
... biomedical research, and alternative medicine,[unreliable medical source?] all of which are designed to improve the overall ... "Biomedical informatics and translational medicine". Journal of Translational Medicine. 8: 22. doi:10.1186/1479-5876-8-22. PMC ... biomedical computing, medical computer science, computer medicine, medical electronic data processing, medical automatic data ... Informatics for education and research in health and medicine. Clinical research informatics. Clinical research ...
National Institutes of Health
... translational, and clinical research, being the largest biomedical research institution in the world, while, as of 2003, the ... "The Benefits of Medical Research and the Role of the NIH" (PDF). U.S. Joint Economic Committee. May 2000. Archived from the ... and provides major biomedical research funding to non-NIH research facilities through its Extramural Research Program. ... on clinical research, US$7.4bn on genetics-related research, US$6.0bn on prevention research, US$5.8bn on cancer, and US$5.7bn ...
"Protein structure databases with new web services for structural biology and biomedical research". Briefings in Bioinformatics ... New York: Lange Medical Books/McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-0-07-146197-9.. ... Shortly after or even during synthesis, the residues in a protein are often chemically modified by post-translational ... "Accounts of Chemical Research. 50 (8): 1875-82. doi:10.1021/acs.accounts.7b00195. ISSN 0001-4842. PMC 5584629. PMID 28723063.. ...
That study found that 47 out of 53 medical research papers focused on cancer research were irreproducible. The ... especially biomedical research.. Reproducible research is key to new discoveries in pharmacology. A Phase I discovery will be ... Science Translational Medicine. 8 (341): 341ps12-341ps12. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.aaf5027.. ... Reproducible research. See also: Open research computation. The term reproducible research refers to the idea that the ...
Many of the clinical career paths also include basic or translational research, and thus individuals in the field of medical ... Risch N, Burchard E, Ziv E, Tang H, "Categorization of humans in biomedical research: genes, race and disease," Genome Biol ( ... The broad range of research in medical genetics reflects the overall scope of this field, including basic research on genetic ... Basic genetics research. Basic research geneticists usually undertake research in universities, biotechnology firms and ...
"Canadian Medical Association Journal. 182 (5): 439-43. doi:10.1503/cmaj.091063. PMC 2842835 . PMID 20176755.. ... 13 Feb 2013). "Melamine-induced renal toxicity is mediated by the gut microbiota". Science Translational Medicine. 5 (172): ... Following the deaths of children in China from powdered milk in 2008, the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European in ... Seal Beach, Ca.: Biomedical Publications. pp. 1213-1214. ISBN 978-0-9626523-9-4.. ...
City of Hope National Medical Center
... translational and clinical research. Faculty, residents and fellows conduct biomedical research, treat patients and educate ... Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for translational research studies for Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin ... City of Hope is a private, not-for-profit clinical research center, hospital and graduate medical school located in Duarte, ... "Organ Site-Specific SPOREs - Translational Research Program (TRP)". National Cancer Institute. Archived from the original on ...
British Medical Journal and Royal Pharmaceutical Society. 2006.. *^ a b c d e "Aspirin information from Drugs.com". Drugs.com. ... "Cancer Prevention Research. 5 (2): 164-78. doi:10.1158/1940-6207.CAPR-11-0391. PMC 3273592. PMID 22084361.. ... Baselt R (2011). Disposition of toxic drugs and chemicals in man (9th ed.). Seal Beach, California: Biomedical Publications. pp ... of cellular proteins is a well-established phenomenon in the regulation of protein function at the post-translational level. ...
... Research Institute at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is a research facility focussing on ... The Harveian Society of London is a medical society founded in 1831 based in The Medical Society of London, Chandos Street, in ... is based in New York City and hosts an annual lecture series on recent advances in biomedical sciences. ... biochemical pharmacology, orthopaedic diseases, endocrinology, genomics, clinical pharmacology and translational medicine and ...
University of Florida
Institutes of Health Clinical and Translational Science Award and member of the NIH national consortium of medical research ... including the Nanoscale Research Facility, the Pathogens Research Facility and the Biomedical Sciences Building. ... research facility in collaboration with the Burnham Institute for Medical Research that will be in the center of University of ... 837.6 million in annual research expenditures in sponsored research in 2018. Research includes diverse areas such as ...
Lista de revistas científicas de medicina - Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
Current Medical Research and Opinion (CMRO) (CMROjournal.com). *Current Opinion séries *Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical ... American Journal of Translational Research (página oficial). *The American Journal of Surgical Pathology (página oficial) ... Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal (página oficial). *Biometrika. *Biopharmaceutics & Drug Disposition (página oficial ... Journal of the National Medical Association (published by National Medical Association; (Nmanet.org) ...
Translational and Experimental Clinical Research, Ch. 1. Link. This chapter also discusses the different types of research ... the majority of modern biomedical research is operating in areas with very low pre- and poststudy probability for true findings ... For example, tests of medical treatments are commonly run as double-blind tests. Test personnel, who might unwittingly reveal ... the less likely the research findings are to be true.") Hence: "Most research findings are false for most research designs and ...
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Retrieved 2010-10-19.. *^ Struijk PC, Mathews VJ, Loupas T, Stewart PA, ... "Science Translational Medicine. 10 (431): eaap8674. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.aap8674. PMC 6039119. PMID 29515001.. ... IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering. 8: 44-63. doi:10.1109/RBME.2015.2434215. PMID 25993705.. ... This is a medical concern if it causes signs or symptoms, such as dizziness, fainting, or in extreme cases, circulatory shock.[ ...
North Carolina State University
The Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, the Veterinary Teaching Hospital with its clinical research and ... CVM Research Building where biomedical investigations in genomic sciences; vaccine development; cancer immuno-therapy; emerging ... Companion Animal Veterinary Medical Center, completed in 2011, doubled the size of the veterinary hospital. J. C. Raulston ... "N.C. Research Campus dedication". WBTV, Charlotte. October 20, 2008. Retrieved May 24, 2014. "Research Campus institute gets ...
"Journal of Translational Medicine. 12: 301. doi:10.1186/s12967-014-0301-3. PMC 4255423 . PMID 25471750.. ... "Genome Research. 20 (5): 614-22. doi:10.1101/gr.103200.109. PMC 2860163 . PMID 20363980.. ... "The Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection. Henry Stewart Talks, Ltd. pp. 1-54. Retrieved 15 December 2013.. ... American Journal of Medical Genetics. Part A. 167A (11): 2826-9. doi:10.1002/ajmg.a.37276. PMID 26239182.. ...
Phillip Allen Sharp
ResearchEdit. Sharp's current research focuses on small RNAs and other types of non-coding RNAs. His laboratory works to ... "Columbia University Medical Center. Retrieved 12 November 2014.. *^ "Alphabetical Index of Active Members" (PDF). American ... "Clinical and Translational Science. 3 (3): 69-70. doi:10.1111/j.1752-8062.2010.00197.x. PMC 5350715. PMID 20590673.. ... Sharp, P (2011). "Q&A: Phillip Sharp on biomedical convergence". Cancer Discovery. 1 (5): 370. doi:10.1158/2159-8290.CD-ND11-08 ...
Martin J. Blaser
Research. Blaser is best known for his studies of Helicobacter pylori and its relationship with human diseases.[ ... Science Translational Medicine 2015; 7:307ra152. *^ Dominguez-Bello MG, Blaser MJ. Asthma: Undoing millions of years of co- ... Martin J. Blaser, MD, in his lab at NYU Langone Medical Center with Xuesong Zhang, PhD. Photo by Carl Glenn ... Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) and the Henry Rutgers Chair of the Human Microbiome and professor of medicine and ...
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
Vijayalakshmi Ravindranath - MSCTR , Cancer Research ,Translational Research". MSCTR , Cancer Research ,Translational Research ... establishing it as an autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act to lead in the area of medical service and research ... Biomedical Engineering. *Psychiatric rehabilitation. *Speech Pathology & Audiology. Centres. *Advanced Centre for ... The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a medical institution located in Bangalore, India. Established in ...
... the University of Pittsburgh renamed one of its newest medical research buildings the Thomas E. Starzl Biomedical Science Tower ... "University of Pittsburgh surgeon receives Anthony Cerami Award in Translational Medicine". 26 June 2015.. ... Lasker Award (2012, Lasker Foundation) for clinical medical research. *Carnegie Science Chairman's Award (2010, Carnegie ... Entrance to the Thomas Starzl Biomedical Research Tower at the University of Pittsburgh. ...
"American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A. 152A (11): 2875-9. doi:10.1002/ajmg.a.33621. PMC 2965270 . PMID 20799329.. ... "Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 5 (6): 122. doi:10.1186/scrt512. ISSN 1757-6512. PMC 4445991 . PMID 25376879. Archived from the ... "Journal of Biomedical Materials. 94 (2): 371-379. doi:10.1002/jbm.a.32694. PMC 2891373 . PMID 20186736.. ... Golgi apparatus modification: In the Golgi apparatus, the procollagen goes through one last post-translational modification ...
Positron emission tomography
PET is both a medical and research tool. It is used heavily in clinical oncology (medical imaging of tumours and the search for ... "Science Translational Medicine. 6 (259): 259ra146. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3009815. PMC 4327834 . PMID 25338757.. ... Harmany, Z.; R. Marcia; R. Willett (2010). "Sparsity-regularized Photon-limited Imaging". International Symposium on Biomedical ... on Medical Imaging. 6 (3): 228-238. doi:10.1109/tmi.1987.4307831.. *^ Green, Peter J. (1990). "Bayesian Reconstructions for ...
This began a new era in medical treatment and research. Through the 1920s the hazards of radiation exposure were not ... "Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology. 1: 2-8. doi:10.1016/j.ctro.2016.08.001. PMC 5893480. PMID 29657987.. ... Maleki T, Papiez L, Ziaie B (August 2010). "Magnetic tracking system for radiation therapy". IEEE Transactions on Biomedical ... Although medical errors are exceptionally rare, radiation oncologists, medical physicists and other members of the radiation ...
Items where Department is "Faculty of Medicine | Warwick Medical School | Biomedical Sciences | Translational & Experimental...
Nineteen medical school deans join together to call for sustainable biomedical research funding | EurekAlert! Science News
... according to a new paper published this week in the journal Science Translational Medicine. The paper was written jointly by ... the deans of 19 prominent medical schools around the country. Among this group is University of Maryland School of Medicine ... Unstable funding is threatening the viability of academic biomedical research in this country, ... Nineteen medical school deans join together to call for sustainable biomedical research funding Unstable support for biomedical ...
Business Unit 1 - Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge of Innovative Diagnostics and...
Business Unit 1 - Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge of Innovative Diagnostics and ... Business Unit 1 - Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge of Innovative Diagnostics and ... Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge of Innovative Diagnostics and Personalized Therapy. ... Fraunhofer Group for Life Sciences - Business Unit 1 - Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge ...
Graduate Programs - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - Graduate Programs and Degrees
Graduate Programs at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center provides on-going educational opportunities to those students seeking advanced ... Biomedical and translational sciences Master of Science (MS) Magnetic resonance in medicine ... Research. Focus of faculty research:. Regenerative medicine, immunology and host-pathogen interactions, cancer biology, ... Overview Degrees & Awards Admissions Tuition & Fees Student Body Faculty Research Location & Contact Other Schools of Interest ...
Items where Department is "Faculty of Medicine | Warwick Medical School | Biomedical Sciences | Translational & Experimental...
Caudwell Xtreme Everest Research Group (Including: Siervo, Mario, Riley, Heather L., Fernandez, Bernadette O., Leckstrom, Carl ... Items where Department is "Faculty of Medicine , Warwick Medical School , Biomedical Sciences , Translational & Experimental ... Transplantation Research, Volume 3 (Number 1). Article number 16. doi:10.1186/2047-1440-3-16 ...
Summer Schools | University of Groningen
... bio)medical research.. The Medical Sciences Summer School Groningen is an initiative of the Graduate School of Medical Sciences ... Translational medicine is highly qualified at our University Medical Center. Therefore we stimulate medical students to get ... The Medical Sciences Summer School program of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), University of Groningen, consists ... it is responsible for all Research Masters and PhD education programmes within the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG). ...
University of Pittsburgh Graduate Programs | GraduateGuide.com
M.S.: Biomedical Sciences, Clinical Research, Medical Education.. M.S., Ph.D.: Biomedical Informatics, Cell Biology & Molecular ... Ph.D.: Computational Biology, Clinical & Translational Science.. SCHOOL OF NURSING 412-624-4586. Dr. Jacqueline Dunbar-Jacob, ... M.S., Ph.D.: Health Services Research & Policy, Human Genetics.. M.P.H., Ph.D., Dr.P.H.: Behavioral & Community Health Science. ... Ph.D: Health Services Research & Policy.. GRADUATE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS 412-648-7640. Dr. John T.S. ...
Fraunhofer Group for Life Sciences
... biomedical, pharmacological, toxicological and food technological expertise of Fraunhofer. ... Medical Translational Research and Biomedical Technology: The Challenge of Innovative Diagnostics and Personalized Therapy ... Research [X] Research * Current Research * 5G -Tthe future in the network. * Preserving cultural heritage - through research ... Institutes and Research Establishments in Germany * Fraunhofer Groups * Defense and Security VVS ...
Burroughs Wellcome: Career Awards for Medical Scientists | Office of Research
Proposals must be in the area of basic biomedical, disease-oriented, or translational research. Proposals in health services ... The Office of Research oversees a $156 million research enterprise across seven colleges, our regional campus at Ridgetown, 15 ... Office of Research, Research Support Services. 519-824-4120 x52832. [email protected] ... Burroughs Wellcome: Career Awards for Medical Scientists. Sponsor. Burroughs Wellcome Fund. Description. The Career Awards for ...
Courses | Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology
Keystone Symposia | Scientific Conferences on Biomedical and Life Science Topics
... conducts scientific conferences on biomedical and life science topics in relaxing environments that catalyze information ... James A. Nathan, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, UK Short Talk: The Endolysosomal Vacuolar-ATPase Complex Controls ... Translational Regulation of HIF2 alpha and Erythropoiesis by the IRE-IRP System ... Moira K. Whyte, University of Edinburgh, Queens Medical Research Institute, UK Peter J. Ratcliffe, University of Oxford, UK ...
Erasmus University Medical Center Uses SGI Technology for Groundbreaking Translational Medicine Research
... - Apr 28, 2006 - ... from genomics experiments and medical imaging) for life sciences companies and biomedical research. The combination of cutting- ... Erasmus University Medical Center Uses SGI Technology for Groundbreaking Translational Medicine Research Silicon Graphics ... Translational Medicine. The research application of I-space with the Silicon Graphics system deals with genomics data mining ...
University Of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Selects Local Company To Monitor Clinical Trials Of Drugs That Help The Immune System...
... bio-medical research; compassionate patient care and support; and community-based outreach services. UPCI investigators are ... clinical and translational research. For more information on ImmunoSite, please contact Andrew Remes, Ph.D., at 412-623-4103, ... Medical information made available on UPMC.com is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, ... Ask your own doctor or health care provider any specific medical questions that you have. Further, UPMC.com is not a tool to be ...
Blockade of oncogenic IκB kinase activity in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma by bromodomain and extraterminal domain protein...
1Present address: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc., Cambridge, MA 02139. ... and the Molecular Libraries Initiative of the National Institutes of Health Roadmap for Medical Research. ... cDivision of Preclinical Innovation, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health, ... This research was supported by the Intramural Research Programs of the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute ...
Translational development and pre-clinical evaluation of prototype gastrointestinal mock-up devices: only robotic placement of...
3 Translational Animal Research Center, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz, Germany. ... 4 Department of Biomedical Engineering, Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering, St. Ingbert, Germany. ... Translational development and pre-clinical evaluation of prototype gastrointestinal mock-up devices: only robotic placement of ... 1 Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz ...
Failure To Induce IFN-β Production during Staphylococcus aureus Infection Contributes to Pathogenicity | The Journal of...
Biomedical Science and Translational Medicine Graduate Program, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048; ... Research Division of Immunology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048 ... Biomedical Science and Translational Medicine Graduate Program, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048; ... Research Division of Immunology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048 ...
Plasma miR-126 Is a Potential Biomarker for Early Prediction of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Susceptible Individuals
Open Access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and clinical studies covering a wide range of ... 3Biomedical Research Institute, Shenzhen PKU-HKUST Medical Center, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518036, China. 4Shenzhen Key Laboratory ... for Translational Medicine of Dermatology, Shenzhen PKU-HKUST Medical Center, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518036, China. 5Shenzhen Key ... Research Article. Plasma miR-126 Is a Potential Biomarker for Early Prediction of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Susceptible ...
2Division of Regeneration and Medicine, Medical Center for Translational and Clinical Research, Hiroshima University Hospital, ... 4Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Institute of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical and ... 7Department of Advanced Medicine, Medical Research Institute, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan. ... RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS We measured serum levels of AGEs and sRAGE and assessed vascular function by measurement of flow- ...
Frontiers | Insights into Local Tumor Microenvironment Immune Factors Associated with Regression of Cutaneous Melanoma...
3Division of Dermatology, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA ... 1Dirks/Dougherty Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Translational Immunology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, ... 5Translational Immunology, NantBioscience, Inc., Culver City, CA, USA. Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is ... 4Melanoma Research Program, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Providence Saint Johns Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA ...
1Department of Translational Diabetology, Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark; *. 2Core Unit for Medical Research ... Methodology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark; *. 3Department of Pharmacology ... This work was supported by the Danish Medical Research Council, the Danish Diabetes Foundation, the Juvenile Diabetes Research ... RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS. Cell culture.. The clonal rat β-cell line INS-1 (a gift from Prof. Claes Wollheim, Geneva, ...
Adipose Tissue and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)(EIFFEL) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes, Florida Collaborators:. Sanford-Burnham Medical Research ... Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute. Pennington Biomedical Research Center. Boston University. Tufts University ... Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes. Principal Investigator:. Steven R Smith, MD. Translational ... Keywords provided by Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes, Florida: Abdominal Adipose. Gluteal Adipose ...
Doctor | Upstate Patient Care | SUNY Upstate Medical University
Biomedical Sciences Program. Cancer Research Program. Urology. RESEARCH INTERESTS. Basic, clinical, and translational prostate ... BMC Journal of Medical Case Reports 2007;1:9.. *Bratslavsky G, Fisher HAG, Kaufman RPJ, Voskoboynik D, Nazeer T, Mian BM. PSA- ... Upstate Medical University. Upstate Leadership. Mission, Vision, Values. College of Medicine. College of Nursing. College of ... Tissue-based research in kidney cancer: current challenges and future directions. Clin Cancer Res 2008;14:3699-705. ...
The emerging role for rat models in gene discovery. - PubMed - NCBI
doi: 10.1007/s00335-011-9346-2. Epub 2011 Jul 6. Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural; Review ... The overarching goal of biomedical research is to improve health and advance medical science. Translating human disease gene ... and technologies that are changing the landscape of translational research. The strategies used to translate disease traits to ... Finally, our perspective on how rat models will continue to positively impact biomedical research is provided. ...
An atypical addition to the chemokine receptor nomenclature: IUPHAR Review 15. - PubMed - NCBI
Research Support, N.I.H., Intramural; Research Support, Non-U.S. Govt; Review ... Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Biomedical Research, School of Infection and Immunity, ... Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy.. 8. Institute for Research in ... Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, Glasgow Biomedical ...
Osteoponin Promoter Controlled by DNA Methylation: Aberrant Methylation in Cloned Porcine Genome
Open Access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and clinical studies covering a wide range of ... 8Department of Biomedical Informatics, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan. 9Department of Medical Research, Human Genetic ... China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan. 11Rong Hsing Research Center for Translational Medicine and the iEGG Center, ... This research was supported by Grants NSC-95-2313-B-005-030-MY3, NSC-101-2313-B-005-014-MY3, 101-2314-B-039-013-MY3, NSC102- ...
Medical Education Research As Translational Science | Science Translational Medicine
T1 science seeks to move basic laboratory discoveries in the biomedical sciences to clinical research. T2 science aims to ... T1 TO T3 MEDICAL EDUCATION RESEARCH. Medical education research at the T1 level-the most common form of such research-involves ... Medical Education Research As Translational Science Message Subject. (Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from Science ... Medical education research is T1 translational science when its results show trainee skill and knowledge improvement in ...
HHMI Scientists Search Results | Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI)
Medicine and Translational Research (5) Apply Medicine and Translational Research filter *Microbiology (3) Apply Microbiology ... Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research Cambridge, MA Richard Palmiter, PhD Investigator Genetics of Mouse Behavior ... Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research Cambridge, MA David Reich, PhD Investigator The Impact of Human Evolutionary ... HHMI is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance basic biomedical research and science education for the benefit of ...
Events | National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering
Advanced Medical Imaging Developments and Applications for Neuroscience Research. Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 12:00 ... IEEE Healthcare Innovation Conference: Translational Engineering in Health & Medicine. Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 12:00 to ... 2018 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students. Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 08:00 to Saturday, November 17 ... Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students. Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 08:00 to Saturday, November 12, ...
Systems biology research study reveals benefits of vacation and meditation | EurekAlert! Science News
... and Harvard Medical School used a rigorous study design to assess the biological impact of meditation compared to vacation. ... The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is an international leader in medical and scientific training, biomedical research ... Translational Psychiatry. DOI: 10.1038/tp.2016.164 The study was funded by the non-profit The Chopra Foundation, and Marc and ... clinical research, biomedical sciences, and public health, and an online masters degree in health care delivery leadership. ...
TWiHST: February 19, 2021 - Volume 22, Number 23
HST.962 Medical Product Development and Translational Biomedical Research (2nd ½ of term) ... As worlds largest biomedical research agency, the NIH encourages future clinician-scientists and medical researchers to ... RESEARCH FELLOW IN DIGITAL HEALTH - BIDMC. Research Fellow in Digital Health: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Division of ... Our group specializes in translational biomedical optics research using optical coherence tomography (OCT) and nonlinear ...
InformaticsNeuroscienceBench to bedsResearchersImmunologyCentreScienceMedicine2018Scientists2019CentersMetabolismPracticeHarvard MedicaAffiliationsLaboratoryCedars-SinaiBiologyFocusesNeurobiologyInstituteRadiologyEpidemiologyBiologicalClinicallyUniversityPreclinicalAccelerateInterdisciplinary researchMolecularAimsPsychiatryCancer ResearchInnovationBioinformaticsCollaborativeInstitutesScientificIntegrateCollaborationPhysiologyProposalsInterventionsFindingsSchoolDegreePathwaysSciences to clinicalFoundationalTherapeuticHealth SciencesJournal
- Research Fellow at the University of Missouri's Center for Biomedical Informatics - focus on Mobile Based & Gamified Precision Medicine est. (eventbrite.com)
- Dr. Yu is on faculty at the Department of Quantitative Health Sciences of University of Massachusetts medical school and Associate Director of Health Informatics of Center for Clinical and Translational Science of University of Massachusetts. (umassd.edu)
- She received her PhD in Biomedical Informatics from Columbia University. (umassd.edu)
- She is a nationally recognized expert in biomedical natural language processing (BioNLP), and has published more than 80 peer-reviewed articles in leading biomedical informatics and computer science journals and conference proceedings. (umassd.edu)
- She is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Biomedical Informatics, and is the PI of several NIH-funded projects. (umassd.edu)
- She was a recipient of a biomedical informatics training grant (awarded to Columbia University) by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and is one of the six "star trainees" selected by NLM on its celebration of 175th anniversary. (umassd.edu)
- Her work is included as best paper in IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics 2011, described in "Translational Bioinformatics 2012 Year in Review" by Russ Altman, and featured in Science, Nature, BioInform, the Pulitzer-winning Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and the Milwaukee Public Radio. (umassd.edu)
- KUMC's Division of Medical Informatics (MI) provides capabilities and expertise for clinical investigators/researchers and other health professionals in software engineering, data warehousing, data management and administration of clinical trial and electronic data capture systems. (kumc.edu)
- Medical Informatics provides consulatation, training, and access to tools enabling research and data collection. (kumc.edu)
- Bio Dr. Itakura is an Assistant Professor of Medicine (Oncology) in the Stanford University School of Medicine and practicing oncologist at the Stanford Cancer Center with background in biomedical informatics. (stanford.edu)
- Her clinical background in oncology and PhD training in Biomedical Informatics position her to develop and apply data science methodologies on heterogeneous, multi-scale cancer data to extract actionable knowledge that can improve patient outcomes. (stanford.edu)
- Dr. Deligiannidis completed her undergraduate degrees and an Honors Scholars Research Program in Neuroscience and Behavior at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. (feinsteininstitute.org)
- In partnership with the Carney Institute of Brain Science , researchers in the Center for Translational Neuroscience use genetic approaches to decipher disease pathogenesis, identify new targets for molecular interventions, and develop improved diagnostics and biomarkers for brain diseases such as autism, Alzheimer's, and ALS. (brown.edu)
- clinically-oriented translational (Medical Translational Research, Clinical & Experimental Neuroscience). (uni.lu)
- The Foundation's current area of research emphasis is in neuroscience. (dana.org)
Bench to beds4
- Translational science progresses from bench to bedside in at least three seamless phases. (sciencemag.org)
- Our aspiration is to lead translational bench to bedside research to enhance the clinical application of laboratory research and improve patients' lives. (manchester.ac.uk)
- Building on interrogations in basic T cell biology in the lab, bench-to-bedside translational immunology is being developed, with a strong focus on T cell-based therapy for ovarian cancer. (upenn.edu)
- These are all initiatives that are meant to facilitate bench-to-bedside translation of research. (nap.edu)
- Because the prototype model at Erasmus MC surpassed even the highest expectations of researchers and clinicians, the medical center spun off a Rotterdam-based company, Crosslinks, which is now beginning to market I-space to hospitals and medical centers throughout Europe in collaboration with SGI and Barco. (thomasnet.com)
- 1 , 2 MTurk has rapidly become a source of subjects for experimental research and survey data for academic work, as its representativeness, speed, and low cost appeal to researchers. (springer.com)
- The results from this synthesis can guide academic researchers as they explore the strengths and weaknesses of employing MTurk as an academic research platform. (springer.com)
- Harvard Medical School researchers have developed a mathematical tool that can accurately characterize the quantity of proteins in the frog embryo throughout the early stages of development. (harvard.edu)
- While many ETSU researchers within the biomedical fields have been collaborating on projects for years, the process has not been a formalized one. (etsu.edu)
- Our mission is to foster communication and an exchange of expertise among clinicians and basic science researchers in the spirit of collaborative research. (mcw.edu)
- Each hub consists of researchers from IMRIC, Hadassah Medical Center, The School of Pharmacy, The School of Public Health, Shaare Zedek Medical Center and more. (wikipedia.org)
- Extending into translational research, many of our goals are achieved through collaborations with researchers and clinicians. (mpg.de)
- As a result, the Medical Research Centre, with its centralised facilities and administration, will bring together researchers from the university's College of Medical and Health Sciences (COMHS), College of Nursing (CON) and Sultan Qaboos University Hospital (SQUH) to provide an optimal environment for collaboration interdisciplinary research. (timesofoman.com)
- The Assistant Dean for Postgraduate Studies and Research from the university's College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Dr. Khalid Al Balushi, emphasised the importance of promoting the health research culture of the sultanate by hosting researchers under one roof through the establishment of the Medical Research Centre. (timesofoman.com)
- In this talk, I will describe a number of systems that we are developing, including Biomedical Figure Search, a figure language processing system for biomedical researchers, AskHERMES, a clinical question answering system for decision support, and NoteAid, a system that helps patients comprehend EMRs. (umassd.edu)
- Our postgraduate researchers are fully immersed in our research activity, networking with academic colleagues and external collaborators. (manchester.ac.uk)
- Translational researchers apply to test promising therapies, from animal model research, in a small number of patients with devastating, currently untreatable, brain diseases. (dana.org)
- The objective is to provide a platform for 14 young researchers to undergo a PhD education, focused on translational skills for a career in biomedical research and medical technology development. (europa.eu)
- In a recent Chemical Reviews article, the Biological Text Mining Unit at the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) together with with researchers at the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA), of the University of Navarra, in Pamplona, and the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC-CNS) have published the first exhaustive revision of the state-of-the-art methodologies underlying chemical search engines, named entity recognition and text mining systems. (eurekalert.org)
- To address this, a new field called "translational ecology" is springing up, inspired by approaches used by biomedical researchers who are now increasingly partnering with clinicians to overcome the same sorts of obstacles that once prevented fundamental medical research from finding its way into practice. (umass.edu)
- Cynthia Palmer then discusses efforts of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to build on the experience of the Integrated Delivery Systems Research Network and establish a vehicle for translation of research into practice by linking healthcare systems with health services researchers. (nap.edu)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (24 research groups) Developmental Biology and Cancer Research (23 research groups) Lautenberg Center for Immunology and Cancer Research (14 research groups,) The center was established in 1968 as the first department of Immunology at the Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School and named after the US senator, Frank Lautenberg. (wikipedia.org)
- Advances in large-scale data acquisition, immune phenotyping and computational biology are transforming immunology research and allowing unprecedented insights into the networks, pathways and systems that influence human health and disease. (keystonesymposia.org)
- Students choose from multiple research concentrations including Cancer Biology, Cardiovascular Physiology, Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Neurosciences. (unm.edu)
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is the world's largest general scientific society, and publisher of the journals, Science , Science Translational Medicine , Science Signaling , Science Advances, Science Immunology, and Science Robotics . (sciencemag.org)
- The Systems Biology Centre forms part of a multi million pound investment into biomedical sciences at the University. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- Following his Ph.D., he worked as a post-doctoral fellow and then an instructor at the Department of Physiology, University of Mississippi Medical Centre - USA (1996-1998). (edu.qa)
- Sultan Qaboos University will build a Medical Research Centre which will strengthen the Sultanate's health and science research, officials have announced. (timesofoman.com)
- The new Medical Research Centre, which will be the thirteenth Research Center at SQU, will conduct collaborative, interdisciplinary medical research that brings together scientists and clinicians from various backgrounds with a common interest in specific areas of basic, translational, and clinical research. (timesofoman.com)
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Postgraduate Studies and Research, Dr. Rahma Al-Mahrooqi, stated that interdisciplinary research of the kind promoted by the research centre has become indispensable for national development, with this being especially true in the case of the development and sustainability of advanced biomedical and clinical research. (timesofoman.com)
- According to the Dean of the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at SQU, Professor Omar Al-Rawas, the Medical Research Centre will focus on high quality research that is concerned with themes that are highly relevant to Oman and the health of the Omani people. (timesofoman.com)
- Professor Al-Rawas added that the centre will achieve this by engaging in translational research that links basic biomedical research to clinical practice. (timesofoman.com)
- The Medical Research Centre aims to conduct research on these themes as well as additional research themes in liaison with institutional and individual stakeholders in both the public and private sectors that share a common concern with boosting medical research that is Oman-specific. (timesofoman.com)
- Dr. Al Balushi highlighted the centre as a great step forward for medical research in the country, and as a foundation of the next phase in Oman's continued progress in this vital area. (timesofoman.com)
- Key players of the Luxembourg biomedical sector are the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) and the University's Life Sciences Research Unit (LSRU) , as well as the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) and its Integrated Biobank of Luxembourg (IBBL) . (uni.lu)
- The LCSB was founded in 2009 as the first biomedical research centre of the University of Luxembourg. (uni.lu)
- It aims to contribute to earlier diagnosis and personalized treatment, for instance through its coordinating role in the recently established National Centre of Excellence in Research on Parkinson's Disease . (uni.lu)
- The Centre has established strategic partnerships with leading biomedical laboratories worldwide and with all major biological and medical research units in Luxembourg. (uni.lu)
- Unstable funding is threatening the viability of academic biomedical research in this country, according to a new paper published this week in the journal Science Translational Medicine . (eurekalert.org)
- With 43 academic departments, centers and institutes and a faculty of more than 3,000 physicians and research scientists plus more than $400 million in extramural funding, the School is regarded as one of the leading biomedical research institutions in the U.S. with top-tier faculty and programs in cancer, brain science, surgery and transplantation, trauma and emergency medicine, vaccine development and human genomics, among other centers of excellence. (eurekalert.org)
- Ph.D.: Computational Biology, Clinical & Translational Science. (graduateguide.com)
- The overarching goal of biomedical research is to improve health and advance medical science. (nih.gov)
- This Commentary covers features of medical education interventions and environments that contribute to translational outcomes, reviews selected research studies that advance translational science in medical education at all three levels, and presents pathways to improve medical education translational science. (sciencemag.org)
- T1 science seeks to move basic laboratory discoveries in the biomedical sciences to clinical research. (sciencemag.org)
- A growing body of medical education research expands the definition of T1 to T3 translational science. (sciencemag.org)
- This Commentary describes educational interventions that contribute to translational science, presents a selected set of T1 to T3 medical education research reports, and concludes with suggestions about ways to increase the quality of medical education translational science. (sciencemag.org)
- Medical education interventions that contribute to T1 to T3 clinical translational science have several key features. (sciencemag.org)
- HHMI is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance basic biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. (hhmi.org)
- 14 Ph.D. Program for Cancer Biology and Drug Discovery, College of Medical Science and Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan. (aacrjournals.org)
- Multidisciplinary, or interprofessional, research and education are the wave of the future in health science fields, according to Dr. Robert Means, dean of the College of Medicine. (etsu.edu)
- Means, who has a long track record as a federally funded investigator, was involved with a similar translational science center at the University of Kentucky prior to taking on his role as an ETSU dean earlier this year. (etsu.edu)
- Translational scientists turn science and research into improved treatments. (mcw.edu)
- The Redox Biology Program provides training for students, who are the medical and science leaders of tomorrow. (mcw.edu)
- The Brown C enter for Bioinformatics harnesses the immense potential of data science and information technology to revolutionize medical research and healthcare. (brown.edu)
- The doctoral programs offer a wide range of multidisciplinary research areas in basic medical science and related fields and collaborative programs with clinicians from the Hadassah Medical Center. (wikipedia.org)
- Yehudit Bergman 2021 Boyalife Science & Science Translational Medicine Award in Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine: Dr. Yosef Buganim, for his work in stem cells and regenerative medicine. (wikipedia.org)
- Ranked 34th in National Institutes of Health funding in 2013, it is designated as one of the nation's inaugural Clinical Translational Science Centers. (ucdavis.edu)
- The journal covers translational research of medical science and the relevant biomedical research areas. (wikipedia.org)
- At present he is Associate Professor in the School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science in UCD. (ucd.ie)
- NIEHS research uses state-of-the-art science and technology to investigate the interplay between environmental exposures, human biology, genetics, and common diseases to help prevent disease and improve human health. (nih.gov)
- Published earlier this year as 'game changing', by the Nobel Prize Laureate Summit on Biomedical Science (NPLS), research indicates Anpac's CDA medical devices effectively reinvent early Breast Cancer screening and detection. (prnewswire.com)
- The Breast Cancer Symposium, co-sponsored by the American Societies of Breast Cancer Surgeons, Clinical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Surgical Oncology, is an educational, collaborative forum highlighting clinically relevant, translational science, affecting current breast cancer management. (prnewswire.com)
- She is a physician-scientist whose research mission is to drive medical advances at the intersection of cancer and data science research. (stanford.edu)
- She is a board-certified hematologist-oncologist and informaticist with specialized training in basic science, health services, and translational research. (stanford.edu)
- Her ongoing research to develop and apply cutting-edge knowledge and skills to pioneer new robust methodologies for analyzing cancer big data is being supported by an NIH K01 Career Development Award in Biomedical Big Data Science. (stanford.edu)
- This is part of an article series for CTSciNet , the Clinical and Translational Science Network, an online community. (sciencemag.org)
- The Science & PINS Prize is awarded for innovative research that modulates neural activity through physical (electrical, magnetic, optical) stimulation of targeted sites in the nervous system with implications for translational medicine. (sciencemag.org)
- Established in 2016, the prize is administered by Science and Science Translational Medicine and awarded annually for outstanding research as described in a 1,500 word essay based on research performed in the past three years. (sciencemag.org)
- Science 's daily online news is always free to the public, as are editorials, any paper with broad public health significance, and all research articles 12 months after publication. (sciencemag.org)
- Science Translational Medicine , published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, is the leading weekly online journal publishing research at the intersection of science, engineering and medicine. (sciencemag.org)
- The goal of Science Translational Medicine is to promote human health by providing a forum for communicating the latest biomedical research findings across all established and emerging disciplines relevant to medicine. (sciencemag.org)
- Science Translational Medicine seeks to publish articles that identify and fill the scientific knowledge gaps at the junction of biomedical research and medical application in order to accelerate the translation of this knowledge into new strategies for preventing, diagnosing and treating human disease. (sciencemag.org)
- Beijing PINS Medical Equipment Co. Ltd. was established in 2008 and is located in Changpin Garden, Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park, Beijing, China. (sciencemag.org)
- In the invited commentary, Morelli and two colleagues, one from the USGS's Alaska Climate Science Center (CSC), the other from its Southeast CSC, note that "whether the scientific focus is on fires or frogs, lemurs or landscapes, there is an increasing need not just for pure science, and not just for applied science, but for translational science. (umass.edu)
- They point out that "addressing research questions arising from on-the-ground management issues, rather than from the top-down or expert-oriented perspectives of traditional science, can foster the long-term trust and commitment that is critical for long-term, sustained engagement between partners. (umass.edu)
- The University of Maryland School of Medicine was chartered in 1807 and is the first public medical school in the United States and continues today as an innovative leader in accelerating innovation and discovery in medicine. (eurekalert.org)
- Located on the University of Maryland's Baltimore campus, the School of Medicine works closely with the University of Maryland Medical Center and Medical System to provide a research-intensive, academic and clinically based education. (eurekalert.org)
- To enable quick interaction between basic research and the clinical sector, optimal conditions for state-of-the-art translational medicine and personalized therapy are being created. (fraunhofer.de)
- The aim of the Summer School program is to provide international students with a highly stimulating environment and increase their knowledge in specific areas of medicine and biomedical sciences. (rug.nl)
- Translational medicine is highly qualified at our University Medical Center. (rug.nl)
- MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 10 / -- To greatly enhance clinical treatment and medical research capabilities, with special emphasis on genomics data mining, proteomics data mining and translational medicine, Erasmus Medical Center added server and visualization systems from Silicon Graphics to its hospital and research facility in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. (thomasnet.com)
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences (NUCATS) Institute, Chicago, IL 60611, USA. (sciencemag.org)
- Scientists from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, the University of California, San Francisco, and Harvard Medical School used a rigorous study design to assess the biological impact of meditation compared to vacation. (eurekalert.org)
- In the spirit of other research efforts we have pioneered with other groups, this work underscores the importance of studies focused on healthy people," said Eric Schadt, PhD, senior author on the paper and the Jean C. and James W. Crystal Professor of Genomics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and Founding Director of the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology. (eurekalert.org)
- Each week we share an item about DEI in STEM, academia, research, or medicine. (mit.edu)
- Working with University College Dublin (UCD), Dr Vikram Sharma from the University of Plymouth's Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) is leading the work on the proteomic (protein) profile of VSMC, thanks to a £12,000 grant from the Royal Society. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- Run at sites from Cornwall to Newcastle, the trial is led nationally by Dr Camille Carroll , Associate Professor in the University of Plymouth's Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) and Consultant Neurologist at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust (UHPNT). (plymouth.ac.uk)
- 2 School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle, NSW 2308, Australia. (sciencemag.org)
- Dr. Deligiannidis joined faculty at Zucker Hillside Hospital, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, and Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine in September 2016 and is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. (feinsteininstitute.org)
- He previously held the position of Founding Dean of the College of Medicine at Aalborg University from 2010 to 2014 (the newest medical school in Denmark). (edu.qa)
- Professor Kassab is currently working as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Physiology and Medical Education, College of Medicine, Qatar University. (edu.qa)
- His last appointment was the Chairman of the Department of Medical Education and Professor of Physiology at the Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University (2013-2016). (edu.qa)
- He worked at the College of Medicine and Medical Sciences (CMMS), Arabian Gulf University (AGU) in Bahrain for over ten years (1999 - 2009 and from 2010 to 2013). (edu.qa)
- The National Institutes of Health emphasizes multidisciplinary research," said center co-director Dr. Jonathan Moorman, a professor of medicine at ETSU and section chief for infectious diseases at the Quillen VA Medical Center. (etsu.edu)
- Manuscripts spanning from subcellular to systems level topics are invited, including but not limited to implantable medical devices, hemodynamics and tissue biomechanics, functional imaging, surgical devices, electrophysiology, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, diagnostic instruments, transport and delivery of biologics, and sensors. (springer.com)
- Radiology has transformed the practice of medicine in the past century, and AI has the potential to radically impact radiology in positive ways," said Krishna Kandarpa, M.D., Ph.D., co-author of the report and director of research sciences and strategic directions at NIBIB. (nih.gov)
- Institute for Medical Research, Israel-Canada (IMRIC) is a research institute affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. (wikipedia.org)
- IMRIC also offers a bachelor's degree course in Biomedical Sciences (B.Sc.Med), teaches the basic sciences for the undergraduate, pre-clinical programs of the Hebrew University's Faculty of Medicine and is the largest educational institute in Israel for graduate studies in Biomedical Sciences having about 600 master and doctoral students. (wikipedia.org)
- Translational Research (formerly The Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine ) delivers original investigations in the broad fields of laboratory, clinical, and public health research. (elsevier.com)
- Published monthly since 1915, it keeps readers up-to-date on significant biomedical research from all subspecialties of medicine . (elsevier.com)
- UC Davis School of Medicine is one of the nation's leading medical schools, recognized for its research and primary-care programs. (ucdavis.edu)
- He said it was important to centralize ongoing research being carried out in various disciplines of medicine at SQU to provide vital connectivity among the clinical and scientific communities. (timesofoman.com)
- Terror medicine, a field related to emergency and disaster medicine, focuses on medical issues ranging from preparedness to psychological manifestations specifically associated with terrorist attacks. (frontiersin.org)
- Although the threat of terrorism persists, terror medicine is still addressed erratically if at all in most medical schools. (frontiersin.org)
- The proposed 4-year Rutgers curriculum serves as a model that could assist other medical schools contemplating the inclusion of terror medicine in pre-clerkship and clerkship training. (frontiersin.org)
- Following 9/11, medical schools and teaching hospitals reacted "with a flurry of special programs on emergency medicine and anthrax exposure" ( 3 ). (frontiersin.org)
- Even the longer-established and related field of disaster medicine is taught at less than one-third of United States medical schools ( 5 ). (frontiersin.org)
- The resulting impression is that courses explicitly on terror medicine, such as the one recently introduced at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) ( 6 ) are offered at few institutions. (frontiersin.org)
- focuses on long-term sustainability of tools and data for Translational Medicine . (uni.lu)
- Translational Medicine data integrate clinical information with molecular and cellular data for a better understanding of diseases. (uni.lu)
- The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health provides a stimulating environment for biomedical research in collaboration with our partner NHS trusts across the north-west. (manchester.ac.uk)
- Find out more about postgraduate research in medicine at the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health. (manchester.ac.uk)
- With support from the SOM Office for Research and department, the School of Medicine is happy to announce another round of its Gap Research Funding program. (virginia.edu)
- Named in honor of the extraordinary career of Dr. Vivian Pinn, one of the first African American graduates of the UVA School of Medicine, the Pinn Scholars Program seeks to recognize and reward research faculty whose scientific expertise and productivity, mentorship, and service have resulted in significant contributions to the School of Medicine and greater research community. (virginia.edu)
- As research programs began to develop at the School of Medicine, so too began educational programs to train the next generation of scientists. (unm.edu)
- Dr. Meyers is currently a Translational Medicine Expert with Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research (NIBR) in Cambridge, MA. (reachmd.com)
- It's this comparative approach to medicine that's so valuable for translational research. (sciencemag.org)
- This report and a companion report published last month summarize conclusions from an August 2018 workshop co-organized by the NIH, the Radiologic American College of Radiology (ACR), the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), and The Academy for Radiology and Biomedical Imaging Research (The Academy). (nih.gov)
- The two reports are the outcome of an August 2018 workshop convened by the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Md., to explore the future of AI in medical imaging. (acr.org)
- J. of Biomedical Optics, 23(12) , 125004 (2018). (spiedigitallibrary.org)
- If the current trends in funding continue, both established investigators and early-career scientists could leave academic research, the authors warn. (eurekalert.org)
- The Career Awards for Medical Scientists (CAMS) is a highly competitive program that provides awards over five years for physician-scientists, who are committed to an academic career, to bridge advanced postdoctoral/fellowship training and the early years of faculty service. (uoguelph.ca)
- Bringing together scientists, clinicians and expertise from across the spectrum of scientific discovery, medical research and health technology. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- In this preclinical research, scientists from Merck and the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute in Basel, screened a targeted library of protease inhibitors that kill the P. falciparum parasite. (businesswire.com)
- The model for medical research going forward is going to be team-based, translational research - combining basic scientists with physician scientists," Means said. (etsu.edu)
- Numerous physicians and scientists are solving redox biology research problems at the Medical College of Wisconsin. (mcw.edu)
- Research Hubs gather together scientists and clinicians focusing on a specific subject or disease, integrating various scientific and medical disciplines. (wikipedia.org)
- ELIXIR-LU aims to facilitate long-term access to those research data and to tools for scientists in both academia and industry. (uni.lu)
- NIEHS intramural scientists have defined descriptive terms of particular relevance to their own research, and have ranked those terms accordingly. (nih.gov)
- Use the search box to see research highlights from NIEHS scientists since its founding in 1966. (nih.gov)
- BIOGEL is set up to educate young scientists to develop innovative hydrogel chemistries and systems for biomedical applications. (europa.eu)
- Like many academic clinician-scientists, Susan Volk juggles patient cases with research. (sciencemag.org)
- As such, opportunities for veterinary medical scientists run the gamut from biomedical and pharmaceutical research to public health and academia. (sciencemag.org)
- A 2005 National Academy of Sciences report documented a shortage of veterinarian scientists in the biomedical enterprise, noting that few National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded competitive grants involving animals were awarded to principal investigators with veterinary training. (sciencemag.org)
- Looking into the future with the continuous rise in incidence of neuropsychiatric disorders and increased social burden across the globe, PINS Medical along with local government, research centers, companies and top academic scientists, are now developing innovative therapies through innovative research projects. (sciencemag.org)
- The report, published in the May 28, 2019, Journal of the American College of Radiology, identifies research priorities that leverage big data, the cloud, and machine learning for augmenting clinicians' image planning and use to make diagnoses or assess patients' responses to therapy. (nih.gov)
- The first report published April 16, 2019, maps a path forward for foundational research in AI and this second report focuses on translational research necessary to deliver AI to clinical practice. (nih.gov)
- But in recent years, this partnership has come under pressure, they say, because of decreased and variable federal funding, and because academic medical centers face shrinking revenues from clinical care. (eurekalert.org)
- The authors note that many academic medical centers must treat the most complex and challenging patients, and often must care for patients with little means to pay for the treatment they receive. (eurekalert.org)
- The following research centers have provided CenterWatch with a profile of their services, including a description of their facilities and information on the experience of their clinical investigators and research staff. (centerwatch.com)
- Both Williams and Moorman trained in similar multidisciplinary research centers and have continued to focus on collaborative and interdisciplinary research in their respective careers. (etsu.edu)
- REDCap is used by more than 700 institutions in over 60 countries and has become a dominant tool for electronic data capture for research studies at most academic medical centers in the United States. (kumc.edu)
- In 1991 Dr. Meijer was appointed as Lecturer in Microbiology at the University of Groningen, where he continued his research on the molecular biology and physiology of microbial metabolism and the regulation of gene expression. (ucd.ie)
- A hallmark of all Summer Schools is the combination of clinical practice and research. (rug.nl)
- iii) The educational interventions use a medical simulation center or laboratory to allow deliberate practice with feedback in a controlled, forgiving environment using devices that vary in fidelity depending on target learning objectives ( 5 , 6 ). (sciencemag.org)
- Today, the Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR®) published a report detailing real-world artificial intelligence (AI) challenges and summarizing the priorities for translational research in AI for medical imaging to help accelerate the safe and effective use of AI in clinical practice. (acr.org)
- The Practice Management Group (TPMG) represents all organized medical group practices of UC Davis Health System's primary and specialty care faculty physicians. (ucdavis.edu)
- The formation of TPMG is an important step in formalizing the leadership of the health system's medical group practices and in refining the role of its group practice in achieving the health system's research, teaching, patient care and community engagement goals. (ucdavis.edu)
- Stakeholders throughout the biopharmaceutical, academic, scientific research, advocacy, and clinical practice communities are welcome to participate in the survey . (nih.gov)
- Such big data have fundamentally changed both biomedical research and healthcare practice. (umassd.edu)
- In other words, the ultimate goal is to determine feasible and effective strategies to translate research findings into practice, to identify determinants of implementation effectiveness at all levels, and to identify ways to accelerate the adoption, integration, and sustainability of evidence into practice and medical decision-making. (nih.gov)
- Finally, Michael Mustille presents the history and progress of the Council for Accountable Physician Practices (CAPP) to demonstrate how this network of multispecialty medical groups has accelerated the redesign of physician practice-improving the uptake of evidence-based approaches to care, the translation of research to practice, and the outcomes and efficiency of care. (nap.edu)
- These subjects are scheduled according to the Harvard Medical School academic calendar, which differs from the MIT calendar. (mit.edu)
- The editor and reviewers' affiliations are the latest provided on their Loop research profiles and may not reflect their situation at the time of review. (frontiersin.org)
- INSERM UMR-S996, Laboratory of Excellence in Research on Medication and Innovative Therapeutics, Université Paris-Sud, Clamart, France. (nih.gov)
- Downstream goals of medical education research are to demonstrate that educational interventions contribute to physician competence measured in the classroom, educational laboratory, and patient care setting. (sciencemag.org)
- i) These interventions focus on learning objectives grounded in behavioral descriptions of expert clinical performance derived from experience or laboratory research ( 2 ). (sciencemag.org)
- While some research groups specialise at organ or tissue level, others translate laboratory-based studies to patient care, or consider the effects of interventions on populations rather than on individuals. (manchester.ac.uk)
- While I-space, in theory, could be used for various virtual reality applications the proprietary software is specifically targeted to the medical and biology fields. (thomasnet.com)
- Diagram highlighting the approaches available for use of animal models for translational biology with the need for bioinformatic tools to integrate gene and phenotype data. (nih.gov)
- The main goal of the LCSB is to accelerate biomedical research by closing the link between systems biology and medical research . (uni.lu)
- Timely and important, Mechanobiology: Exploitation for Medical Benefit offers illuminating insights into an emerging field that has the potential to revolutionise our comprehension of appropriate cell biology and the future of biomedical research. (wiley.com)
- He obtained his PhD from the same University, following research on the physiology and molecular biology of autotrophic CO2 fixation. (ucd.ie)
- Graduates with this degree are uniquely qualified to develop and do research in animal models, compare basic biology across animals, and translate research findings to different species -- including humans. (sciencemag.org)
- Research of the Biomedical NMR unit focuses on the further development of magnetic resonance imaging and advanced applications in neurobiology. (mpg.de)
- Research in my group focuses on the facultative intracellular pathogen Rhodococcus equi, a bacterium that has many physiological and pathological similarities to the related pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis. (ucd.ie)
- Her research focuses on developing and applying machine learning frameworks and radiogenomic approaches for the integrative analysis of heterogeneous, multi-scale data to accelerate discoveries in cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. (stanford.edu)
- Bio My research focuses on liver diseases. (stanford.edu)
- Medical Neurobiology (30 research groups) Microbiology and Molecular Genetics (33 research groups) The Institute provides a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences. (wikipedia.org)
- 4 Department of Biomedical Engineering, Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering, St. Ingbert, Germany. (nih.gov)
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland. (nih.gov)
- KENILWORTH, N.J. & MELBOURNE, Australia--( BUSINESS WIRE )--Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, and the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research in Melbourne, Australia, today announced the publication of research on the discovery of a novel class of candidate antimalarial agents that block multiple stages of the lifecycle of the parasite that causes the disease. (businesswire.com)
- A new report , with contributions from the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB), part of the National Institutes of Health, provides a roadmap for translational research on artificial intelligence (AI) in medical imaging. (nih.gov)
- The Institute for Medical Research was founded in 2008. (wikipedia.org)
- IMRIC is also the largest educational institute in Israel for graduate studies in Medical Sciences. (wikipedia.org)
- If you are giving a presentation about an environmental health topic or just looking for general information about environmental health research or the institute, this page will help. (nih.gov)
- This document outlines National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) policy and procedures for investigator-initiated Research Dissemination and Implementation grant applications (R18). (nih.gov)
- The companion reports-co-authored by government, industry, academia and radiology specialty society leaders-have identified and prioritized initiatives to accelerate foundational and translational research in AI for medical imaging. (nih.gov)
- As part of a multi-stakeholder approach, part one of the road map published in Radiology outlined the challenges, opportunities and priorities for foundational research in AI for medical imaging. (acr.org)
- The NIH, the American College of Radiology (ACR), the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and The Academy for Radiology and Biomedical Imaging Research (The Academy) co-sponsored the workshop. (acr.org)
- vice president & DxCP task force chair, Academy of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research. (acr.org)
- A hub focused on population health, biostatistics, bioethics and epidemiology research. (mcw.edu)
- The Fraunhofer Group for Life Sciences pools the biological, biomedical, pharmacological, toxicological and food technological expertise of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. (fraunhofer.de)
- Human relationships, as documented by family trees, can elucidate the heritability of a host of medical and biological parameters. (sciencemag.org)
- It encourages submission of studies describing preclinical research with potential for application to human disease , and studies describing research obtained from preliminary human experimentation with potential to refine the understanding of biological principles underpinning human disease. (elsevier.com)
- The visualization of structures and functions by imaging plays an important role in biological and medical research. (mpg.de)
- Mechanobiology: Exploitation for Medical Benefit presents a comprehensive overview of principles of mechanobiology, highlighting the extent to which biological tissues are exposed to the mechanical environment, demonstrating the importance of the mechanical environment in living systems, and critically reviewing the latest experimental procedures in this emerging field. (wiley.com)
- UNM School of Medicine's Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program prepares graduates for research and success in the modern world of Biological, Medical and Translational Sciences. (unm.edu)
- In fact, "the construction of large chemical knowledge bases, integrating chemical information with biological and clinical data, is crucial to identify and validate new therapeutic targets for unmet medical needs as well as to speed up the drug discovery process" explains Julen Oyarzabal, Director of Translational Sciences at CIMA and co-leader of this report. (eurekalert.org)
- Specifically, she aims to innovate state-of-the-art technologies to extract clinically useful knowledge from heterogeneous multi-scale biomedical data to improve diagnostics and therapeutics in cancer. (stanford.edu)
- Dr. Fan?s research relates to the development of clinically driven biomedical instrumentation and medical devices. (stanford.edu)
- The Medical Sciences Summer School program of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), University of Groningen, consists of several Summer Schools encompassing a wide range of medical disciplines. (rug.nl)
- The GSMS is the largest Graduate School of the University of Groningen, it is responsible for all Research Masters and PhD education programmes within the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG). (rug.nl)
- The Office of Research oversees a $156 million research enterprise across seven colleges, our regional campus at Ridgetown, 15 research stations and the University of Guelph/Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Agreement. (uoguelph.ca)
- We are committed to supporting the research programs of University of Guelph faculty across all disciplines. (uoguelph.ca)
- Erasmus University Medical Center (Erasmus MC) has developed 3D volume rendering software, capable of converting 2D medical images to 3D. (thomasnet.com)
- 1 Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Mainz, Germany. (nih.gov)
- 3 Translational Animal Research Center, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz, Germany. (nih.gov)
- there is a clear and quantifiable change in how our bodies function," said Rudolph Tanzi, PhD, the Joseph P. and Rose F. Kennedy Professor of Neurology at Harvard University, and Director of the Genetics and Aging Research Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital. (eurekalert.org)
- New research led by the University of Plymouth could identify how to target high blood pressure and other blood vessel problems. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- Home to the University of Plymouth's world-class biomedical, clinical and applied health research. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- Former Adjunct University Lecturer at ENSET Biomedical Engineering School at the age of 23. (eventbrite.com)
- She received her medical degree from, and completed her psychiatry residency and chief residency in psychopharmacology research at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. (feinsteininstitute.org)
- Dr. Toft played a leading role in Aalborg University Hospital since 1996, including establishing a large facility for research across the hospital and being senior consultant establishing cardiac invasive electrophysiology treatment. (edu.qa)
- He worked also as a Professor of Physiology at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)-Medical University of Bahrain (MUB) from 2009-2010. (edu.qa)
- After receiving his medical degree in Egypt (Zagazig University, 1984), he started his career as a pediatrician and two years later, he switched to an academic career in Physiology. (edu.qa)
- After obtaining a Master's degree in Medical Physiology (Minia University, 1990), he was enrolled in a joint Ph.D. program between the University of Mississippi - USA and Suez Canal University - Egypt. (edu.qa)
- He conducted his Ph.D. thesis research at the Department of Physiology - University of Mississippi Medical Center, USA (1992 to 1994). (edu.qa)
- He then conducted the Ph.D. exams and obtained a Ph.D. degree in Medical Physiology from Suez Canal University (1995). (edu.qa)
- She holds an M.D. from Arabian Gulf University in Kingdom of Bahrain, internship and clinical training at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC). (edu.qa)
- 1 Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan. (aacrjournals.org)
- 7 Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan. (aacrjournals.org)
- IMRIC is supported in part by the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University (CFHU) through the establishment of scholarships and research funding. (wikipedia.org)
- The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. (uni.lu)
- Following completion of his PhD in 1990, he joined the research team of Professor Tabita, Ohio Eminent Scholar at The Ohio State University, USA, to study the regulation of microbial gene expression at the molecular level. (ucd.ie)
- He then attended medical school at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, continued research investigating Liver Hepatomas and received his M.D. degree in 1982. (stanford.edu)
- The next five years included studying Microsurgery in Japan at the Kyoto University Hospital and the Tokyo Metropolitan Hospital as well as completing both his Internship in General Surgery and Residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the Stanford University Medical Center in 1987. (stanford.edu)
- Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, 1988. (upenn.edu)
- Data were examined from 559 human participants of either sex enrolled in memory and aging studies at the Knight Alzheimer's Disease Research Center at Washington University in St. Louis. (jneurosci.org)
- The Washington University in St. Louis Human Research Protection Office approved all procedures. (jneurosci.org)
- One of the papers contributed by Morelli and lead authors at the Southwest CSC (SWCSC) and the University of Arizona in Tucson, with others across the country, defines the foundations, goals and methods of translational ecology. (umass.edu)
- My time with Newcastle University had a major impact on my career path to date, providing me with a solid understanding in the biomedical sciences, the mechanics of the pharmaceutical industry and international academic collaboration. (ncl.ac.uk)
- Newcastle's Biomedical faculty supported me throughout my degree and as I completed an industrial placement year with GlaxoSmithKline and an Erasmus placement at Tübingen University, Germany - critical experience that enabled me to secure a doctoral studentship at Imperial College London. (ncl.ac.uk)
- Interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary in scope, it aims to expedite the translation of scientific discovery into new or improved standards of care and promotes a wide-ranging exchange between basic, preclinical, clinical, epidemiologic , and health outcomes research. (elsevier.com)
- Veterinary school is structured much the same as medical school: 2 years of preclinical coursework followed by 2 years of clinical rotations. (sciencemag.org)
- Current Research and Scholarly Interests Dr. Fan is a physician scientist who studies how turning off oncogenes (cancer genes) can cause tumor regression in preclinical and clinical translational studies. (stanford.edu)
- In the first paper, Steven I. Katz outlines the efforts of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Roadmap for Medical Research to accelerate biomedical research on a basic level as well as accelerate translational research by connecting existing research networks and maintaining necessary infrastructure for more efficient conduct of clinical research through the National Electronics and Clinical Trials Research network (NECTAR). (nap.edu)
- The NIH Roadmap for Medical Research was developed to increase synergy across NIH and accelerate the pace of discoveries and their translation. (nap.edu)
- New Pathways to Discovery addresses the fundamental issues that need to be overcome to accelerate research at the basic level. (nap.edu)
- Our core competence combines MRI methodology with interdisciplinary research in the biomedical sciences. (mpg.de)
- As a recipient of NIH pre-doctoral Intramural Research Training Awards, she trained in molecular neuroendocrinology research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). (feinsteininstitute.org)
- Medical education at all levels aims to equip physicians with the knowledge, skills, and attributes of professionalism needed to deliver quality patient care. (sciencemag.org)
- Research on medical education aims to make the enterprise more effective, efficient, and economical. (sciencemag.org)
- Our research aims to understand how the body assures the lifesaving balance between sufficient iron supplies and prevention of iron overload. (uni-heidelberg.de)
- The study was published today in Springer Nature's journal Translational Psychiatry . (eurekalert.org)
- The study was supported by Cancer Research UK through CTAAC award (Grant No. C37/A9356), a Clinical and Translational Research Committee Programme Award (Grant No. C14315/A13462), and the ECMC network as well as an educational grant from Novartis. (springer.com)
- Carlo Palmieri was a recipient of a Cancer Research UK Clinician Scientist Award and Basma Rghebi is supported by the Lybian Government. (springer.com)
- The ICR-CTSU also receives core funding from Cancer Research UK. (springer.com)
- In addition, the CFHU aids in creating key collaborative medical research partnerships between Canada and Israel, such as the Alex U. Soyka Pancreatic Cancer Research Project, the Grafstein Network for Cancer Research the Canada-Israel International Fetal Alcohol Consortium and the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Cancer Genomic and Immunotherapy Program. (wikipedia.org)
- Clinical Cancer Research 20(1): 44-55, Jan 2014 Notes: Epub September 17, 2013. (upenn.edu)
- Cancer Research 72(7): 1844-52, Apr 2012. (upenn.edu)
- For example, cancer research is heavily reliant on mouse models, and as a result we've become very good at curing mice, but that hasn't translated very well to humans. (sciencemag.org)
- This bill, which is now being developed by members of Congress, would authorize regular increases in biomedical research funding, and would include measures to reward innovation in research. (eurekalert.org)
- His research studies innovation, knowledge management, alliances, and informal collaborations across firms and countries. (georgetown.edu)
- This clearly presents the goal of PINS Medical for "restoring hope", not simply as an innovation company but also across society to citizens. (sciencemag.org)
- In this review we briefly outline the rat models, bioinformatics tools, and technologies that are changing the landscape of translational research. (nih.gov)
- The collaborative research was funded in part by the Wellcome Trust (UK), National Health and Medical Research Council (Australia) and the Victorian Government (Australia). (businesswire.com)
- I will also describe ADErepository, a large collaborative research effort to analyze adverse drug event information from the genomics data, the EMRs, and reports from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Adverse Event Reporting System. (umassd.edu)
- This project is part of the collaborative research networ CRC 1036 (DFG). (uni-heidelberg.de)
- The Fraunhofer Institutes of the group offer their combined know-how in the preventive fields of environmental and consumer protection and in the regenerative fields of medical therapy and environmental remediation. (fraunhofer.de)
- Her main responsibilities were including but not restricted in establishing a partnership with outside institutes, evaluating research proposals for international organizations. (edu.qa)
- To provide next-generation health care solutions," the authors write, "we require 21st-century policies that support modern scientific research and development. (eurekalert.org)
- Joining host Dr. Alan Brown to talk about this condition and a trial drug treatment in research and development is Dr. Dan Meyers, one of the top winners in the Abstracts Program of the National Lipid Association's Annual Scientific Sessions. (reachmd.com)
- Our graduates know how to ask the right medical questions and the right scientific questions. (sciencemag.org)
- A considerable fraction of biomedical-relevant data is only available in the form of unstructured data: scientific literature, clinical reports, patents. (eurekalert.org)
- The authors write that "becoming a translational ecologist requires specific attention to obtaining critical non-scientific disciplinary breadth and skills that are not standard within a classical graduate education in ecology. (umass.edu)
- In issuing these guidelines, NHLBI intends to provide information to assist members of the scientific community interested in applying for D&I research grants in the cardiovascular, pulmonary, blood, and sleep areas. (nih.gov)
- The Healthcare Enterprise Repository for Ontological Narration (HERON) is a method to integrate clinical and biomedical data for translational research. (kumc.edu)
- The paper notes that since World War II, the federal government and academic research institutions have formed a "remarkable collaboration" that has fostered many important research and clinical advances in many areas, including cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, mental illness and infectious disease. (eurekalert.org)
- For the commercial launch of the I-space model, the medical center selected Barco projectors and Silicon Graphics Prism(TM) visualization systems as image generators to create the four-sided, 3x3x3- metre, 3D world intended for multidisciplinary collaboration. (thomasnet.com)
- The LCSB fosters collaboration with industrial partners and accelerates the translation of fundamental research results into (clinical) applications. (uni.lu)
- He has published around sixty articles in international peer-reviewed Journals in Medical Physiology and Medical Education. (edu.qa)
- Research Interests: Physiology: hypertension, pregnancy-induced hypertension, endothelium-derived factors experimental animal models Medical Education: Psychometrics, Problem based learning, student assessment Teaching Interests: Medical Physiology (Cardiovascular, renal, respiratory and nervous systems). (edu.qa)
- Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology is a journal publishing the spectrum of basic to translational research in all aspects of cardiovascular physiology and medical treatment. (springer.com)
- and The Rogoff Center for Research in Physiology. (wikipedia.org)
- Proposals must be in the area of basic biomedical, disease-oriented, or translational research. (uoguelph.ca)
- Proposals in health services research or involving large-scale clinical trials are not eligible. (uoguelph.ca)
- Proposals are due at the Office for Research on March 5, July 5, or November 5. (virginia.edu)
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are sent annually to deans of U.S. Medical Schools and other invited biomedical research institutions. (dana.org)
- Contributions of medical education interventions to T1, T2, and T3 outcomes. (sciencemag.org)
- I feel really positive about the future of Parkinson's research and with more support, we can bring about better interventions and treatments sooner rather than later. (plymouth.ac.uk)
- D&I research involves extension or adaptation of generally accepted and efficacious interventions that have been previously carried out in well-controlled settings to broader populations or settings. (nih.gov)
- D&I research involves testing translational strategies for interventions designed to increase health-promoting behaviors and therapies, prevent disease, and ameliorate and treat disease in defined populations. (nih.gov)
- This includes new findings from genomic, proteomic and metabolomic research. (fraunhofer.de)
- Scope is provided for participation at prestigious conferences, while we openly encourage the publication of research findings in internationally renowned journals. (manchester.ac.uk)
- D&I research is a critical step in the medical research discovery process, and provides the bridge linking findings of well controlled trials to community, primary care, and other real-world settings. (nih.gov)
- The School is not only concerned with the health of the citizens of Maryland and the nation, but also has a global presence, with research and treatment facilities in more than 35 countries around the world. (eurekalert.org)
- The Medical Sciences Summer School Groningen is an initiative of the Graduate School of Medical Sciences (GSMS). (rug.nl)
- Dr. Deligiannidis completed additional research training at the NIH during medical school and residency. (feinsteininstitute.org)
- To learn more, visit the medical school site . (ucdavis.edu)
- The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis cultivates academic excellence and addresses urgent, societal needs through leadership development, interprofessional education, transformative research, cultural inclusiveness and innovative technology. (ucdavis.edu)
- The School of Nursing has five research focus areas: chronic disease management, health technology, pain management, Healthy People and Healthy Systems. (ucdavis.edu)
- The instructional framework culminates in a short course for fourth year students, such as one recently introduced at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA. (frontiersin.org)
- Some medical leaders urged the incorporation of "terrorism preparedness and response material into the curricula for every health professions school in the nation" ( 4 ). (frontiersin.org)
- What every medical school is doing to prepare its students is difficult to determine, because each has considerable flexibility in designing its own pre-clerkship and clerkship curricula. (frontiersin.org)
- she caught the research bug working in a lab at the veterinary school. (sciencemag.org)
- Like their medical school counterparts, veterinarians often choose to pursue a residency in a specialty after receiving their degrees. (sciencemag.org)
- During my degree, I welcomed the Biomedical School's strong focus on practical lab training, crucial for positions in industry, in addition to modules in business for the bioscientist. (ncl.ac.uk)
- The nONCOchip, which was developed as part of the research on non-coding RNAs (ncRNA), includes several tumor-relevant signaling pathways and is suitable for investigating a broad range of different tumor diseases. (fraunhofer.de)
- An important aim of our research is to understand signals and pathways that are responsible for the synthesis of the hormone hepcidin. (uni-heidelberg.de)
- Roadmap initiatives are grouped under three main headings: New Pathways to Discovery, Research Teams of the Future, and Reengineering the Clinical Research Enterprise. (nap.edu)
Sciences to clinical1
- These range from biomedical sciences to clinical and health service research incorporating a wide range of social and economic issues. (manchester.ac.uk)
- The third objective is application directed - to enhance the efficacy of medical devices by 2D biointegrative coatings that direct and orchestrate the interface to living cells and tissue and enable improved integration in the body, - to advance therapeutic measures by 3D templates for tissue repair, - to enable new diagnostic tools by responsive diagnostic hydrogels. (europa.eu)
- He was responsible for projects in different biopharmaceutical companies for research and development of diagnostic and therapeutic carrier systems. (smi-online.co.uk)
- as a therapeutic strategy to treat medical needs. (eurekalert.org)
- NIEHS is committed to conducting the most rigorous research in environmental health sciences, and to communicating the results of this research to the public. (nih.gov)
- NIEHS offers a broad range of job opportunities, career enhancement programs, and research training grants and programs in environmental health sciences and administration. (nih.gov)
- Competitive candidates for the CAMS award must have at least two years or more of postdoctoral research experience, be two years away from becoming an independent investigator, be a first author on at least one publication in a high impact top-tier journal, and have a significant. (uoguelph.ca)
- The Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) reported that the number of adult diabetic patients in China has reached 113.9 million, accounting for almost one third of DM patients worldwide, indicating that DM has become a major public health issue in China [ 3 , 4 ]. (hindawi.com)
- American Journal of Medical Genetics. (pitt.edu)
- The American Journal of Translational Research is an open-access medical journal published by e-Century Publishing Corporation. (wikipedia.org)
- Morelli contributed to three research articles and a commentary in today's special, free issue of the leading journal Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, dedicated to exploring the new field of "translational ecology. (umass.edu)