Insurance, Health, Reimbursement
Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (U.S.)
A scheme which provides reimbursement for the health services rendered, generally by an institution, and which provides added financial rewards if certain conditions are met. Such a scheme is intended to promote and reward increased efficiency and cost containment, with better care, or at least without adverse effect on the quality of the care rendered.
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
The Commission was created by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 under Title XVIII. It is specifically charged to review the effect of Medicare+Choice under Medicare Part C and to review payment policies under Parts A and B. It is also generally charged to evaluate the effect of prospective payment policies and their impact on health care delivery in the US. The former Prospective Payment Assessment Commission (ProPAC) and the Physician Payment Review Commission (PPRC) were merged to form MEDPAC.
Health Care Costs
The actual costs of providing services related to the delivery of health care, including the costs of procedures, therapies, and medications. It is differentiated from HEALTH EXPENDITURES, which refers to the amount of money paid for the services, and from fees, which refers to the amount charged, regardless of cost.
A system for classifying patient care by relating common characteristics such as diagnosis, treatment, and age to an expected consumption of hospital resources and length of stay. Its purpose is to provide a framework for specifying case mix and to reduce hospital costs and reimbursements and it forms the cornerstone of the prospective payment system.
Relative Value Scales
Coded listings of physician or other professional services using units that indicate the relative value of the various services they perform. They take into account time, skill, and overhead cost required for each service, but generally do not consider the relative cost-effectiveness. Appropriate conversion factors can be used to translate the abstract units of the relative value scales into dollar fees for each service based on work expended, practice costs, and training costs.
Medicare Part B
The voluntary portion of Medicare, known as the Supplementary Medical Insurance (SMI) Program, that includes physician's services, home health care, medical services, outpatient hospital services, and laboratory, pathology, and radiology services. All persons entitled to Medicare Part A may enroll in Medicare Part B on a monthly premium basis.
Method of charging whereby a physician or other practitioner bills for each encounter or service rendered. In addition to physicians, other health care professionals are reimbursed via this mechanism. Fee-for-service plans contrast with salary, per capita, and prepayment systems, where the payment does not change with the number of services actually used or if none are used. (From Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, 1976)
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
An Act prohibiting a health plan from establishing lifetime limits or annual limits on the dollar value of benefits for any participant or beneficiary after January 1, 2014. It permits a restricted annual limit for plan years beginning prior to January 1, 2014. It provides that a health plan shall not be prevented from placing annual or lifetime per-beneficiary limits on covered benefits. The Act sets up a competitive health insurance market.
Health Care Reform
Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.
The containment, regulation, or restraint of costs. Costs are said to be contained when the value of resources committed to an activity is not considered excessive. This determination is frequently subjective and dependent upon the specific geographic area of the activity being measured. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Cost of Illness
The personal cost of acute or chronic disease. The cost to the patient may be an economic, social, or psychological cost or personal loss to self, family, or immediate community. The cost of illness may be reflected in absenteeism, productivity, response to treatment, peace of mind, or QUALITY OF LIFE. It differs from HEALTH CARE COSTS, meaning the societal cost of providing services related to the delivery of health care, rather than personal impact on individuals.
Financial Management, Hospital
Costs and Cost Analysis
Physician Incentive Plans
Medicare Part A
The compulsory portion of Medicare that is known as the Hospital Insurance Program. All persons 65 years and older who are entitled to benefits under the Old Age, Survivors, Disability and Health Insurance Program or railroad retirement, persons under the age of 65 who have been eligible for disability for more than two years, and insured workers (and their dependents) requiring renal dialysis or kidney transplantation are automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A.
The expenses incurred by a hospital in providing care. The hospital costs attributed to a particular patient care episode include the direct costs plus an appropriate proportion of the overhead for administration, personnel, building maintenance, equipment, etc. Hospital costs are one of the factors which determine HOSPITAL CHARGES (the price the hospital sets for its services).
Skilled Nursing Facilities
Current Procedural Terminology
Reimbursement, Disproportionate Share
Risk Sharing, Financial
Any system which allows payors to share some of the financial risk associated with a particular patient population with providers. Providers agree to adhere to fixed fee schedules in exchange for an increase in their payor base and a chance to benefit from cost containment measures. Common risk-sharing methods are prospective payment schedules (PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM), capitation (CAPITATION FEES), diagnosis-related fees (DIAGNOSIS-RELATED GROUPS), and pre-negotiated fees.
National Health Programs
Insurance, Physician Services
Physician Payment Review Commission
Health Services Research
The integration of epidemiologic, sociological, economic, and other analytic sciences in the study of health services. Health services research is usually concerned with relationships between need, demand, supply, use, and outcome of health services. The aim of the research is evaluation, particularly in terms of structure, process, output, and outcome. (From Last, Dictionary of Epidemiology, 2d ed)
Managed Care Programs
Health insurance plans intended to reduce unnecessary health care costs through a variety of mechanisms, including: economic incentives for physicians and patients to select less costly forms of care; programs for reviewing the medical necessity of specific services; increased beneficiary cost sharing; controls on inpatient admissions and lengths of stay; the establishment of cost-sharing incentives for outpatient surgery; selective contracting with health care providers; and the intensive management of high-cost health care cases. The programs may be provided in a variety of settings, such as HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS and PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS.
Delivery of Health Care
Insurance Claim Review
Review of claims by insurance companies to determine liability and amount of payment for various services. The review may also include determination of eligibility of the claimant or beneficiary or of the provider of the benefit; determination that the benefit is covered or not payable under another policy; or determination that the service was necessary and of reasonable cost and quality.
Episode of Care
An interval of care by a health care facility or provider for a specific medical problem or condition. It may be continuous or it may consist of a series of intervals marked by one or more brief separations from care, and can also identify the sequence of care (e.g., emergency, inpatient, outpatient), thus serving as one measure of health care provided.
A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.
Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System
Medicare Part C
The Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997 establishes a Medicare+Choice program under part C of Title XVIII, Section 4001, of the Social Security Act. Under this program, an eligible individual may elect to receive Medicare benefits through enrollment in a Medicare+Choice plan. Beneficiaries may choose to use private pay options, establish medical savings accounts, use managed care plans, or join provider-sponsored plans.
The prices a hospital sets for its services. HOSPITAL COSTS (the direct and indirect expenses incurred by the hospital in providing the services) are one factor in the determination of hospital charges. Other factors may include, for example, profits, competition, and the necessity of recouping the costs of uncompensated care.
Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act
PL97-248. Title II of the Act specifies "provisions relating to savings in health and income security programs." This includes changes in payment for services, benefits and premiums of Medicare as well as changes in provisions under Medicaid and other specific programs covered by Social Security. Title II includes various revenue measures.
Quality of Health Care
Patient Credit and Collection
Provisions of an insurance policy that require the insured to pay some portion of covered expenses. Several forms of sharing are in use, e.g., deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. Cost sharing does not refer to or include amounts paid in premiums for the coverage. (From Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Accounts Payable and Receivable
Purchasers are provided information on the quality of health care, including patient outcomes and health status, with data on the dollar outlays going towards health. The focus is on managing the use of the health care system to reduce inappropriate care and to identify and reward the best-performing providers. (from http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/meyerrpt.htm accessed 11/25/2011)
The use of severity-of-illness measures, such as age, to estimate the risk (measurable or predictable chance of loss, injury or death) to which a patient is subject before receiving some health care intervention. This adjustment allows comparison of performance and quality across organizations, practitioners, and communities. (from JCAHO, Lexikon, 1994)
Health Services Accessibility
Health Care Surveys
Practice Management, Medical
Health Facility Size
Insurance designed to compensate persons who lose wages because of illness or injury; insurance providing periodic payments that partially replace lost wages, salary, or other income when the insured is unable to work because of illness, injury, or disease. Individual and group disability insurance are two types of such coverage. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988, p207)
Accountable Care Organizations
Organizations of health care providers that agree to be accountable for the quality, cost, and overall care of Medicare beneficiaries who are enrolled in the traditional fee-for-service program who are assigned to it. Assigned means those beneficiaries for whom the professionals in the organization provide the bulk of primary care services. (www.cms.gov/OfficeofLegislation/Downloads/Accountable CareOrganization.pdf accessed 03/16/2011)
Medical Staff Privileges
Home Care Services
Community health and NURSING SERVICES providing coordinated multiple services to the patient at the patient's homes. These home-care services are provided by a visiting nurse, home health agencies, HOSPITALS, or organized community groups using professional staff for care delivery. It differs from HOME NURSING which is provided by non-professionals.
Quality Assurance, Health Care
Activities and programs intended to assure or improve the quality of care in either a defined medical setting or a program. The concept includes the assessment or evaluation of the quality of care; identification of problems or shortcomings in the delivery of care; designing activities to overcome these deficiencies; and follow-up monitoring to ensure effectiveness of corrective steps.
Health Maintenance Organizations
Organized systems for providing comprehensive prepaid health care that have five basic attributes: (1) provide care in a defined geographic area; (2) provide or ensure delivery of an agreed-upon set of basic and supplemental health maintenance and treatment services; (3) provide care to a voluntarily enrolled group of persons; (4) require their enrollees to use the services of designated providers; and (5) receive reimbursement through a predetermined, fixed, periodic prepayment made by the enrollee without regard to the degree of services provided. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
An international organization whose members include most of the sovereign nations of the world with headquarters in New York City. The primary objectives of the organization are to maintain peace and security and to achieve international cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems.
Conflict of Interest
A situation in which an individual might benefit personally from official or professional actions. It includes a conflict between a person's private interests and official responsibilities in a position of trust. The term is not restricted to government officials. The concept refers both to actual conflict of interest and the appearance or perception of conflict.
Health insurance coverage for all persons in a state or country, rather than for some subset of the population. It may extend to the unemployed as well as to the employed; to aliens as well as to citizens; for pre-existing conditions as well as for current illnesses; for mental as well as for physical conditions.
Diseases that are underfunded and have low name recognition but are major burdens in less developed countries. The World Health Organization has designated six tropical infectious diseases as being neglected in industrialized countries that are endemic in many developing countries (HELMINTHIASIS; LEPROSY; LYMPHATIC FILARIASIS; ONCHOCERCIASIS; SCHISTOSOMIASIS; and TRACHOMA).
Hospital Bed Capacity
A course or method of action selected, usually by an organization, institution, university, society, etc., from among alternatives to guide and determine present and future decisions and positions on matters of public interest or social concern. It does not include internal policy relating to organization and administration within the corporate body, for which ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION is available.
Insurance Selection Bias
Anesthesia Department, Hospital
Certificate of Need
Health Care Sector
The interdisciplinary science that studies evolutionary biology, including the origin and evolution of the major elements required for life, their processing in the interstellar medium and in protostellar systems. This field also includes the study of chemical evolution and the subsequent interactions between evolving biota and planetary evolution as well as the field of biology that deals with the study of extraterrestrial life.
Insurance, Major Medical
Urban Health Services
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
National Practitioner Data Bank
A databank established by the Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986 authorizing the Department of Health and Human Services to collect and release information on the professional competence and conduct of physicians, dentists, nurses, and other health care practitioners. The data include adverse actions on physicians' malpractice, licensure, hospital privileges, concealing of pertinent information, and the like.
Health Benefit Plans, Employee
Conservation of Natural Resources
Home Care Agencies
Insurance, Pharmaceutical Services
United States Dept. of Health and Human Services
State Health Plans
An approach to health care financing with only one source of money for paying health care providers. The scope may be national (the Canadian System), state-wide, or community-based. The payer may be a governmental unit or other entity such as an insurance company. The proposed advantages include administrative simplicity for patients and providers, and resulting significant savings in overhead costs. (From Slee and Slee, Health Care Reform Terms, 1993, p106)
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
Primary Health Care
Independent Practice Associations
A partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity that enters into an arrangement for the provision of services with persons who are licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, and dentistry, and with other care personnel. Under an IPA arrangement, licensed professional persons provide services through the entity in accordance with a mutually accepted compensation arrangement, while retaining their private practices. Services under the IPA are marketed through a prepaid health plan. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
Health Services Needs and Demand
2011 Canadian federal budget
C$276.0 billion. Program Spending. C$278.7 billion. Debt payment. C$33.0 billion. ... C$586.0 billion. Website. http://www.budget.gc.ca/2011/plan/Budget2011-eng.pdf The Next Phase of Canada's Economic Action ...
"Optimal Payments to buy e-wallet rival for $1.2 billion" (Press release). Reuters. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015. " ... "Optimal Payments to acquire California based Meritus Payment Solutions to accelerate expansion in U.S. payments market" (Press ... Optimal Payment PLC expanded its United States interests by purchasing Meritus Payment Solutions, a California based payment ... "Paysafe card added as a payment option in Microsoft store". Finance Magnates. "Paysafe Is Near a $9 Billion Deal to Go Public ...
In the EU, rail subsidies are around €73 billion and in China they reach $130 billion. ... The subsidy payments stimulated overproduction and resulted in a record cotton harvest in 2002, much of which had to be sold at ... 14 billion and EU farmers $47 billion in agricultural subsidies. Today, agricultural subsidies are defended on the grounds ... "China to Invest $128 Billion in Rail, Push for Global Share".. *^ Amadeo, Kimberly. "Government Subsidies (Farm, Oil, Export, ...
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
10.6 billion $4 billion for state and local law enforcement agencies $1.1 billion in waivers on interest payments for state ... 2.5 billion in temporary welfare payments; $1 billion for home heating subsidies and $1 billion for community action agencies. ... 86.8 billion for Medicaid $25.8 billion for health information technology investments and incentive payments $25.1 billion to ... 39.4 billion), for home buyers tax credit ($35.5 vs. $2.6 billion), new payments to the elderly and a one-year increase in AMT ...
"Payments for disruption on the railway". Network Rail. Retrieved 12 March 2016. Strathman, James; Hopper, Janet R. (April 1993 ... "Flight delays cost $39.2 billion, passengers foot half the bill". Berkeley News. University of Berkeley. Retrieved 12 March ... 32.9 billion in 2007. The total amount of cost per country per year can be very large. An economic cost is calculated through ...
... payments amounted to 71 billion euros. The electronic purse card or Geldkarte can also be used for payments. With an annual ... The confirmation of payment guarantees the retailer payment (if submitted on time). Steps 3 to 6 are not applicable if the ... The result "Successful payment" guarantees the retailer payment (if submitted on time). The general procedure for electronic ... If one of these criteria is not met, payment will be rejected. A payment approval (authorization) is transmitted to the chip ...
Healthcare in the Republic of Ireland
The Drugs Payment Scheme ensures that every household has to pay no more than €124 per calendar month for a month's supply of ... Cullen, Paul (8 October 2019). "Health budget rises to a record €17.4 billion in Budget 2020". The Irish Times. "Health ... To qualify a patient must hold a Drugs Payment Scheme Card, for which everyone who does not hold a Medical Card is eligible. ... Under the Drugs Payment Scheme, prescription drugs, individuals and families are eligible for subsidies for approved ...
2011 - Landis+Gyr was acquired by Toshiba Corporation of Japan for US$2.3 billion. 2017 - On July 21, 2017, Landis+Gyr listed ... UK/Pre-Payment; Europe; and Asia Pacific. 2006 - Landis+Gyr acquired Finnish Enermet Group, and also Hunt Technologies and ...
In December 2012, the aeronautical department of Avio S.p.A. was acquired by General Electric for 3.3 billion euro. In April ... transaction banking and digital payments; asset mgmt and insurance . From a 2014 to 2016 net profit tripled and total assets ... From 2010 to 2012, company earnings increased from 1.7 to 2.3 billion euro, and Ebitda (Company's Earnings before interest, ... 3.5 billion and was the largest European IPO in 2015. During his tenure at Poste he led a thorough transformation programme by ...
List of people involved in the Olympus scandal
The US$2.2 billion deal in 2008 to acquire British medical equipment maker Gyrus Group, and the US$687 million paid to a middle ... Cooper, Chris (17 October 2011). "Olympus Adviser Payments Should Be Probed, PWC Report Says". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Archived ... Having founded Global Company in the late 1990s, Yokoo persuaded Olympus to invest ¥30 billion in their venture capital fund in ... News Chef, a maker of microwave cookware, Altis and Humalabo were acquired by Olympus for ¥73.4 billion from Cayman Island- ...
... is a payment system in Poland that allows users to make instant payments and withdraw cash using only the user's standard ... "424 million transactions worth PLN 57 billion in 2020: BLIK is picking up speed". blik.com. 2021-02-11. Retrieved 2021-03-25. ... The code can then be typed in online, entered on the ATM screen, or typed by the payment recipient in his/her mobile app. The ... "Polish banks launch mobile payments solution Blik". ecommercenews. 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2021-03-25. " ...
"Payment Startup Adyen Raises $250 Million at $1.5 Billion Valuation". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 16 December 2015. " ... Adyen's online payment platform connects to payment methods across the world. Payment methods include international credit ... Kharpal, Arjun (12 April 2017). "Adyen, the $2.3 billion firm that processes payments for Uber and Netflix, saw 2016 revenues ... Adyen is a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. It is listed ...
History of flooding in Canada
DFAA payments of over $1.1 billion were made for these three events. Since 1996, DFAA payments have averaged $110 million per ... The payment of $388,288 CAD announced on June 8, 2010 represents the total federal share for this event." An "extreme rainfall ... Since its completion in the 1960s, it has saved an estimated CAD30 billion in damages in 20 flooding events. The total cost of ... Damages totalled CAD 1 billion The river peaked at about 37,100 cu ft/s (1,050 m3/s),60% higher than the previous highest ...
Federico Pascual (30 June 2008). "Billions in BIR/BoC Check Payments Stolen". Philippine Star. Retrieved 19 March 2010. "CHOM ... In the years from 1978 to 2003, there had been a loophole in the BIR check payment system that was taken advantage of by ... then Congressman Enrique Garcia devised and recommended simple solutions on how to stop the BIR check tax payment loopholes. ... syndicates who were then successful of stealing billions of pesos from the Philippine government. From the year 2000 to 2003, ...
And our net interest payments are zero. This is saving taxpayers $8.5 billion a year. Back in 1996 the Budget was in deficit. ... 8 billion in spending cuts were made over the government's first two budgets. Play media Industrial relations reform had been a ... Howard moved quickly to offer a A$1 Billion aid package and won praise from Indonesia's President for being first on the phone ... Ten years ago the Australian Government owed a net debt of $96 billion. The Government was paying an interest bill of $8.5 ...
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
1994 - TRS' Benefit payments top $1.5 billion. 1995 - The 74th Legislature approves the largest benefit increase in TRS' ... history, totaling $1.6 billion. Increase is designed to compensate for payment inequities and to pass along the second Consumer ... TRS issued the payment without any increase to the current active member contribution rate. This was the first time that such ... 2006 - For the first time, the TRS fund tops $100 billion. 2007 - The TRS Board of Trustees adopted a new long-term asset ...
2019 Irish budget
The VAT rate for the tourism and hospitality sector increases from 9% to 13.5%. Social Welfare payments to rise by €5. ... Christmas bonus to Social Welfare recipients to be restored to 100%. Government to commit €1.25 billion for the delivery of ...
1.3 billion increase in co-payments over 5 years. The major concern is that this rule will create a disincentive for low- ... Estimates figure that states will save $1.1 billion while the federal government will save nearly $1.4 billion. However, this ... The government recoups its investment in Medicaid through savings on benefit payments later in life and greater payment of ... These payments will be in effect through 2016, phasing down to a permanent 90 percent matching rate by 2020.. Centers for ...
Federal equalization payments account for $1.385 billion, or 20.07% of the provincial revenue. The province participates in the ... Nova Scotia's defence and aerospace sector generates approximately $500 million in revenues and contributes about $1.5 billion ... In 2006-07, the province passed a budget of $6.9 billion, with a projected $72 million surplus. ... 2.6 billion in chained GDP, the largest output of any industrial sector in Nova Scotia. Michelin remains by far the largest ...
1.5 BILLION". New York Times. "Iranian Payment Is Minimized". New York Times. February 24, 1978. Miller, Judith. "APPROVAL OF ... 2 billion in loan guarantees, Javits stated he did not believe Proxmire would try killing the measure by bottling it up in ... 1.5 billion of long‐term loan guarantees for New York City, Proxmire adding that he believed the measure would pass through the ...
Institute for Business in the Global Context
In the case of the U.S. economy, the use of bills and coins costs the U.S. economy at least $200 billion each year (about $ ... "Money Isn't Free - Cost of Cash in the U.S. Study Released". Payments Journal, Mercator Advisory Group. MA, USA. September 11, ... Flannery, Russell (September 24, 2014). "U.S. Expected To Lag China In Digital Payments Growth As Plastic Stays Popular". ... Fernholz, Tim (September 12, 2013). "Physical money costs Americans more than $200 billion each year, so why bother?". Quartz. ...
Timeline of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill (June 2010)
10 billion from a bond sale, $20 billion from banks and $20 billion from asset sales over two years). Markey releases an ... Anadarko Petroleum says it will make a $45 million dividend payment to shareholders in the next week. Anadarko says it is ... Moody's estimates that the insured loss on the spill will be $1.4 billion and $3.5 billion. Moody's notes that BP's insured ... 14.4 billion in British taxes in 2008 (and $7.2 billion in 2009) with Toby Young noting "what's bad for BP is bad for Britain ...
7.2 billion in cash. By 2008, the company had taken on $25 billion in debt and the company was facing required debt payments. ... The Bucksbaum family's stake in the firm, which was worth $2.5 billion in 2005, had declined in value by a similar amount. On ... "General Growth misses payments". Bloomberg News. Baltimore Sun. February 13, 2009. DE LA MERCED, MICHAEL J. (April 16, 2009). " ... In April 2015, the company acquired the Crown Building for $1.78 billion. In January 2017, the company changed its name to GGP ...
1 billion to $1.5 billion annually in payments. In February 2018, the company announced support for multi-subsidiary AP ... Also in February, Tipalti updated its numbers to include $4 billion in payments processed to 1,800,000 payees. In August 2018, ... "Tipalti Rolls Out New Supplier Payment System". Payment Week. Retrieved 19 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link ... Macinas, Melanie (August 24, 2014). "Tipalti Rolls Out New Supplier Payment System". Payment Week. "Tipalti Launches an ...
Affordable Care Act
84 billion. The CBO in June 2015 forecast that repeal of ACA would increase the deficit between $137 billion and $353 billion ... Medicare switched from fee-for-service to bundled payments. A single payment was to be paid to a hospital and a physician group ... 604 billion in total outlays offset by $813 billion in total receipts, resulting in a $210 billion net deficit reduction. The ... Excise taxes from the Affordable Care Act raised $16.3 billion in fiscal year 2015. $11.3 billion came from an excise tax ...
"Ontario losing billions in transfer payments: Mowat report , QP Briefing". Retrieved 2016-01-12. Valorzi, John. "Mowat report ... the Mowat Centre published research into policy areas such as Canadian transfer payments, equalization payments in Canada, ... "Income splitting would cost provinces about $1.7-billion a year, study says". Financial Post. Retrieved 2016-01-12. "Is 70 the ...
Andrews, Edmund L. (November 22, 2009). "Wave of Debt Payments Facing U.S. Government". New York Times. Sahadi, Jeanne (January ... 7, 2009). "U.S. deficit climbs to $402 billion". CNN Money. Chapman, Steve (January 6, 2013). "An exercise in fiscal evasion". ...
The Drew Las Vegas
The total cost would be $3.1 billion, including the $600 million purchase price, approximately $1.2 billion in construction, ... In its lawsuit, CCCS alleged the discovery of "fraudulent billing practices and inappropriate payment methods" used by the ... The $3 billion lawsuit against the bank group was withdrawn and instead refiled in U.S. bankruptcy court. Fontainebleau Las ... At the time, the project had $2.4 billion in debt. The company had planned to put the Fontainebleau's condo units on sale in ...
and launches Blockchain Payments, the latter as part of Tradeshift Pay. In December 2018 Tradeshift acquires Babelway, an ... Its 2018 round of funding, led by Goldman Sachs, raised US$250 million at a valuation of $1.1 billion, giving the company ... The company's valuation as of May 2018 was $1.1 billion. Tradeshift is now considered a unicorn, and according to Bloomberg, ... "Tradeshift Valuation Hits $1.1 Billion After Pre-IPO Fundraising". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-11-29. "Denmark has a new ...
The company has offices in 42 countries with U.S. $1.9 billion in revenues. The company employs over 9,000 people and has ~ ... In 2016, D+H added blockchain technology capabilities to its global payments platform. The added capabilities enabled banks ... De Vynck, Gerrit (30 March 2015). "DH Buys Financial Software Maker Fundtech for $1.25 Billion". Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 ... "D+H adds blockchain capabilities to payments platform". The Global Treasurer. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2020. "DH ...
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
2.2 billion on 3 August 2016. A €2.4 billion loan was signed on 13 February 2017 containing €1.1 billion for financing and ... A third terminal is planned to be erected by 2029. €174 m for payments to advisors was not listed in the balance sheets in ... This is in addition to the previous total of €4.3 billion, bringing total costs to €6.8 billion. The EU would only ... 9.4 billion, with a total of €10.3 billion if the €900 million in overhead costs previously mentioned are factored in. ...
1.2 billion (US$1.26 billion). By early 2020, this had increased to 25% costing a further US$600 million. ... Unite also blasted BA of removing staff travel concessions, bonus payments and other benefits to all cabin crew who undertook ... British Airways is the first passenger airline to have generated more than $1 billion on a single air route in a year (from 1 ... "New York-London Is The World's First Billion-Dollar Airline Route". Forbes. Retrieved 29 April 2019.. ...
Utilization of chiropractic care is sensitive to the costs incurred by the co-payment by the patient. The use of ... Billions are spent annually for chiropractic services. ... of payments to chiropractors under Medicare part B, a total of ... managed care restricted payment, and competition grew from massage therapists and other health professions. The profession ... and conceivably reimbursable under managed care health payment systems. Evidence-based guidelines are supported by one end ...
FinTech in India
The report adds that the transaction value for the Indian fintech sector was approximately $33 billion in 2016 and slated to ... "FinTech Gaining Momentum in India with Paytm's Payment Banks". 2 May 2016. Retrieved 22 May 2016.. ... These companies operate in insurance, asset management and payment, and numerous other industries. ... The Indian FinTech landscape is segmented as follows: 34% in payment processing, followed by 32% in banking and 12% in the ...
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
1.4 billion funded by nearly $1.5 billion in donations. Donations for St. Jude come from many sources, including government ... 50,000 annuity payments. ... 8 billion, with a small fraction of that stolen money having ...
... approximately 12.65 billion kuna at the time, or approximately 1.533 billion euros). In 2010, Hrvatske autoceste reported ... "Toll payment conditions". Hrvatske autoceste. Archived from the original on 17 February 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2010.. ... Construction cost incurred on the Dugopolje-Ploče sector of the motorway between 2005 and 2008 was reported at 4.1 billion kuna ... Construction costs incurred so far amount to 3 billion euro. The figure includes funds approved for construction work scheduled ...
South West England
... subject to payment of a yearly tribute or danegeld to Sweyn and later Canute, all three areas retained their autonomy from the ... 113 billion. • Per capita. £18,195 (4th). NUTS code. UKK. ONS code. E12000009. ...
Political positions of Marine Le Pen
... "after the seventeen billions of the first Greek bailout plan, the fifteen billions of the new assistance plan to Greece will ... The biggest savings were to come from prevention of fraudulent welfare payments and the closing of tax loopholes (together € ... "15 new billions of French euro to Greece: one must stop squandering the money of French people" (in French). Front National. 24 ... "Marine Le Pen: 7 immediate steps to save €30 billion a year" (PDF) (in French). Front National. Retrieved 26 October 2011.. ...
Healthcare in Cuba
Payments are made through banks in third countries, since direct banking relationships are prohibited. The Cuban delegation ... In addition, the collapse of the Soviet Union caused the loss of several billions of dollars in yearly subsidies and overnight ... Cuba is obliged to make payments in cash and in advance, and is precluded from obtaining credit funding, even from private ... The harsh economic downturn known as the "Special Period" in the 1990s aggravated these payments. The advent of the "dollar ...
The Shawshank Redemption
executives confirmed that it was one of the highest-valued assets in the studio's $1.5 billion library. That same year, ... Gunton said that by its tenth anniversary in 2004, he was still earning six-figure residual payments, and was still earning a " ...
Due to the high volume of state loans and increased EB payments, FUA and EUCA are projected to borrow $26.7 billion from the ... State unemployment regular benefit outlays are estimated at $61 billion in FY 2011 and $64.3 billion in FY 2012, down somewhat ... 16.0 billion in FY 2011 and $15.1 billion in FY 2012. State trust fund account balances, net of loans, are projected to ... 40.2 billion at the end of FY 2010 to a peak end-of-year balance of $68.3 billion in FY 2013. ...
According to Statista there were 1.57 billion smartphone owners in 2014, 2.32 billion in 2017 (now) and 2.87 billion are ... The total value of advertising on mobile was 2.2 billion dollars in 2007. A recent study by the Online Publishers Association, ... "Over 5 billion mobiles worldwide". 9 July 2010 - via www.bbc.co.uk.. ... The 2017 Virtual Network Index (VNI) report produced by Cisco Systems forecasts that by 2021, there will be 5.5 billion global ...
Green Party of England and Wales
The party wishes to instead use the £billions invested in HS2 on more sustainable infrastructure projects, such as upgrading ... with additional payments to those facing barriers to work, including disabled people and single parents). This is in order ... limiting debt service payments to 10% of export earnings per year. ...
Thomas W. Hartmann
Hartmann has negotiated commercial transactions in the U.S., Europe, and South America worth billions of dollars. Additionally ... state wage-payment class action, government contract and bid protest disputes, as well as pension rights. During the course of ... acquisitions for SBC Communications closing multiple deals worth several billion dollars in U.S., Europe, and South America as ...
Karns City Area School District
This program has provided $1.5 billion to Pennsylvania's school districts. The Accountability Block Grant program requires that ... 9,875,564 payment. The highest increase in BEF in Butler County was provided to South Butler County School District which ...
Air America (radio network)
Franken Signed Air America's Payment Pact - September 7, 2005 - The New York Sun ... 12 billion". Air America CEO Scott Elberg said of Air America's sale, "We are extremely pleased to have reached this agreement ... and said that that was why it stopped payment on checks due to Multicultural while Air America investigated. Multicultural ...
Education in England
43 billion total spending on schools. *^ Table 1 Total Departmental spending, Departmental report 2008 Archived 31 January 2009 ... theatre visits and field trips for which a voluntary payment can be requested, and limited charges at state-funded boarding ...
List of countries with universal health care
Regular office visits have co-payments as low as US$5 per visit. Co-payments are fixed and unvaried by the person's income. ... On January 21, 2009, the Chinese government announced it would provide 850 billion yuan (US$127.5 billion) between 2009 and ... In 2012, annual compulsory healthcare related expenditures reached 21.0 billion kunas (c. 2.8 billion euro). There are hundreds ... The then Public Health Minister, Mongkol Na Songkhla, abolished the 30 baht co-payment and made the UC scheme free. It is not ...
Education in Finland
Payment, where applicable, is scaled to family income and ranges from free to about 200 euros a month maximum. According to ... 1.5 billion. The number of university and college employees was cut by more than 7500. ...
American Dream Meadowlands
These steps were intended to set the stage for a sale of up to $1 billion in government bonds to raise money to complete the ... came to a halt after a subsidiary of bankrupt Lehman Brothers missed payments, causing other lenders to withdraw from the ... The State of New Jersey, through the New Jersey Sports and Exhibition Authority issued $1.15 billion in tax-free bonds to ... 1 billion in additional financing, and the projected completion date had slipped again, to 2018. In August 2016, the New ...
Most Witnesses, although capable of intelligent, reasonable thought, have as part of the payment for paradise delegated ... they reported over 2 billion hours spent in preaching activity, and conducted Bible studies with more than 10.1 million ...
Payments are generally in cash, and the employer often does not check the employee's background or credentials, as is sometimes ... 214.6 billion went unreported to the IRS last year alone from this. ... They have limited causes of action against their employers for mistreatment, on-the-job work accidents, or lack of payment. ...
Jerry Lewis - Lowery lobbying firm controversy
In late 2004, just before leaving the firm, he received about $600,000 from the firm; he also got two more payments in 2005, ... Lewis has helped secure more than $1 billion for projects across Inland Southern California in recent years. Lewis has aided ... According to Shockey's financial disclosure form that was filed in June 2006, the payments were part of a "separation/buy out" ... Jeffrey H. Birnbaum, "$2 Million Payment to Former Lobbyist Raises Eyebrows", Washington Post, July 10, 2006 ...
Ross has four children: Toie Roberts, William Roberts III, Berkeley Hermes Roberts, and Billion Leonard Roberts. ... Ross was sentenced as a first time felony offender; and upon payment of the fine the conviction was erased from his record. ... "Rick Ross Introduces His Son Billion on Instragram". The Source.. *^ "Rick Ross' Own Lawyer De-Values". Highbridnation.com. ... "Rick Ross Shares First Photo of Son, Billion Leonard Roberts". Heavy.com ...
The lease payments added up to more than 5% of Djibouti's GDP of US$2.3 billion in 2017. ... The GDP (purchasing power parity) in 2013 was estimated at $2.505 billion, with a real growth rate of 5% annually. Per capita ... 1.5 billion in 2015. The Djiboutian franc is the currency of Djibouti. It is issued by the Central Bank of Djibouti, the ...
ga (fur gigaannum), is a unit o time equal tae 109 years (ain billion oan the short scale, a bodie milliard oan the lang scale ... but frae Apryle sex fur purposes o personal taxation an payment o state benefits; in Australia it runs frae Julie 1, while in ... ta (fur teraannum), is a unit o time equal tae 1012 years (ain trillion oan the cuttie scale, a bodie billion oan the lang ... Fur example, the formation o the Yird occurred approximately 4.57 ga (4.57 billion years) ago. ...
In June 2018, Intuitive Surgical settled class action lawsuits against it for a payment of $43 million. ... For the fiscal year 2017, Intuitive Surgical reported earnings of US$660 million, with an annual revenue of US$3.129 billion, ... Intuitive Surgical's shares traded at over $307 per share, and its market capitalization was valued at over US$58 billion in ...
"PPRS: payment percentage 2017 - Details". 23 December 2016.. *^ a b "Schedule 7 - International Therapeutic Class Comparison ... "Blockbuster medicine" is defined as being one which achieves annual revenues of over US$1 billion at global level." in European ... A blockbuster drug is a drug generating more than $1 billion of revenue for the pharmaceutical company that sells it each year. ... 21] Cimetidine was the first drug ever to reach more than $1 billion a year in sales, thus making it the first blockbuster drug ...
... and which represent transfers of money such as social security payments, are called transfer payments. These payments are ... Likewise, government spending on social infrastructure, such as preventative health care, can save several hundreds of billions ... Transfer payment spendingEdit. Main article: Transfer payment. Government expenditures that are not acquisition of goods and ... Payments that are made without any good or service being received in return. Much PUBLIC SPENDING goes on transfers, such as ...
15 Billion In Stimulus Payments For Health Care - Redorbit
The Obama administration announced on Monday it would spend $15 billion of economic stimulus payments for safeguarding health ... The stimulus payments are designed to help alleviate the burden of providing health care for many of those states that have ... The White House made the announcement to show how regular Americans will benefit from the $787 billion stimulus package signed ... where the President will speak further about responsible stimulus payment management. ...
Why sanctions won't tip $15 billion of Russian debt payments
14.9 billion of debt payments this year will probably weather U.S. sanctions as OAO Rosneft rakes in oil proceeds from China ... Russian companies facing $14.9 billion of debt payments this year will probably weather U.S. sanctions as OAO Rosneft rakes in ... Russian companies facing $14.9 billion of debt payments this year will probably weather U.S. sanctions as OAO Rosneft rakes in ... The bank took advantage of an easing of tension in Ukraine last month to sell 1 billion euros ($1.35 billion) of bonds due in ...
Billions in Pension Payments Loom for Struggling State Budgets | PBS NewsHour
... cities and towns may be facing billions of dollars in pension liabilities that are currently underfunded. Spencer Michels ... Billions in Pension Payments Loom for Struggling State Budgets. Dec 25, 2009 12:00 AM EDT. ... www.pbs.org/newshour/show/billions-in-pension-payments-loom-for-struggling-state-budgets ... Now, in a weak economy, what may be a ticking time bomb for many states, cities and towns: hundreds of billions of dollars in ...
Nigeria: Reps Probe N70 Billion NDDC Payments to 'Non-Performing Contractors' - allAfrica.com
The House of Representatives is investigating why mobilisation fees worth N70.5 billion was paid by the Niger Delta Development ... leaving the balance of N19 billion yet to be recovered as against the N70 billion stated in the audit queries. ... This, the committee said, was due to the claim made by the director of internal audit, Itu Ubi, that only N19 billion had yet ... Nigeria: Govt Saves N91bn From Payment of Defunct PHCN Debts. *Nigeria: Professionals - Structured Property Market Will Bridge ...
Tyler to buy NIC for $2.3 billion as pandemic speeds online payment shift
... while NIC provides digital services that help citizens make secure payments to the government, renew licenses and submit ... Tyler to buy NIC for $2.3 billion as pandemic speeds online payment shift. Read full article. *. ... Reuters) - Tyler Technologies Inc said on Wednesday it will buy payments company NIC Inc for about $2.3 billion, as the COVID- ... 1.5 billion in Bitcoin and planned to accept it as a payment. That announcement added legitimacy to the cryptocurrency as an ...
Mobile Payment Transactions Hit N271 Billion in Nigeria - NextBillion
Mobile Payment Transactions Hit N271 Billion in Nigeria. Monday, June 16, 2014 ... indications that the policy is gaining traction as the total value of mobile payments in the country amounted to N271 billion ... The CBN had issued a regulatory framework for the operations of mobile payments services in the country in June 2009 as a ... In spite of the initial apathy to the mobile payment initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), there are ...
N.J. budget 2011: State will skip $3.1 billion pension fund payment - nj.com
N.J. budget 2011: State will skip $3.1 billion pension fund payment Updated Jan 18, 2019;. Posted Jun 29, 2010 ... New Jersey this year will skip a required $3.1 billion payment to the states pension fund, the retirement savings account of ... The missed payments did not leave a huge hole the first few years of the decade. But when the states investments slipped along ... For years, the state has skipped payments or paid a fraction of what analysts say is necessary to keep the fund solvent. ...
Medicare Laboratory Tests: Implementation of New Rates May Lead to Billions in Excess Payments
7.1 billion for 433 million lab tests in 2017, and typically paid higher rates than private insurers. Medicare is required to ... phase in payment-rate reductions that start from the actual payment rates rather than the maximum payment rates Medicare paid ... CMSs implementation of the new payment rates could lead Medicare to pay billions of dollars more than is necessary and result ... Medicare Laboratory Tests: Implementation of New Rates May Lead to Billions in Excess Payments ...
InstaMed Surpasses Five Billion Dollars in Healthcare Payments Processed After Fifth Year Anniversary
InstaMed announced today that it has processed over five billion dollars in healthcare payments since its inception five years ... InstaMed Surpasses Five Billion Dollars in Healthcare Payments Processed After Fifth Year Anniversary. Friday, October 23, 2009 ... 22 InstaMed announced today that it has processed over five billion dollars in healthcare payments since its inception five ... payer payments and patient payments. Through its channel partner network, InstaMed currently delivers solutions to over 27,000 ...
OIG finds billions in inappropriate DSH payments - www.hcpro.com
... payments, the OIG found that a number of rural hospitals and hospitals with fewer than 100 beds that claimed DSH payments ... between October 1, 2000 and September 30, 2006, were not eligible for such payments. ... OIG finds billions in inappropriate DSH payments. Healthcare Auditing Weekly, November 11, 2008. In a review of Medicare ... the OIG found that a number of rural hospitals and hospitals with fewer than 100 beds that claimed DSH payments between October ...
Late Payment to SMEs Exceeds £35 Billion |Business advice from is4profit
Late Payment to SMEs Exceeds £35 Billion. The is4profit team July 11, 2012 ... Late Payment of Invoices (2002). A users guide to late payment legislation ... 35.3 billion according to the latest research from Bacs Payment Schemes Ltd (Bacs). ... Bacs recommend automated payments to avoid the need for small and medium-sized businesses to have to chase their debts. ...
U.S. Postal Service, about to default on 2nd multi-billion payment, looks to Congress for help - New Haven Register
5 billion annual payment for future retiree health benefits. Since the House failed to act, the post office says its been ... 15 billion this year. Donahoe said the post office will hit a low point in cash next month but avert immediate bankruptcy due ... 2 billion over the past year. The Senate passed a postal bill in April that would have provided financial relief in part by ... reducing the annual health payments and providing an $11 billion cash infusion, basically a refund of overpayments the Postal ...
Health Care Payment Reform Could Save U.S. $200 Billion-$600 Billion over Coming Decade, but Implementation Challenges are...
Health Care Payment Reform Could Save U.S. $200 Billion-$600 Billion over Coming Decade, but Implementation Challenges are ... Outlines real-world payment reform initiatives, including UnitedHealthcares $18 billion innovative value-based payment ... 70 billion and $1.01 trillion cumulatively over the coming decade, with more likely savings in the $200 billion to $600 billion ... Americans could realize net savings in health care costs of around $200 billion to $600 billion cumulatively over the next 10 ...
The Beachwood Reporter - Apple's $38 Billion Tax Payment Less Than Half Of $79 Billion They Owe
Apples $38 Billion Tax Payment Less Than Half Of $79 Billion They Owe. By Jon Queally/Common Dreams ... How Barclays Turned A $10 Billion Profit Into A Tax Loss.. * Wall Street Stock Loans Drain $1 Billion A Year From German ... Deepwater Horizon Settlement Comes With $5.35 Billion Tax Windfall.. * Offshoring By 29 Companies Costs Illinois $1.2 Billion ... "Apple said it would bring hundreds of billions of dollars in offshore cash back to the United States. But how good a corporate ...
Just how many billions of dollars are at stake in the litigation over cost-sharing payments? | The Incidental Economist
... the Court of Federal Claims certified a class action brought by insurers to recover the cost-sharing payments that President ... Just how many billions of dollars are at stake in the litigation over cost-sharing payments?. ... But it could matter enormously for the many billions in cost-sharing payments that insurers are entitled to in 2018. The same ... 2 billion or so thats due to insurers for the cost-sharing payments they lost in 2017. ...
MedPAC: Medicare Part B drug payment cuts, shared savings could save $5 billion | Rheumatology News
MedPAC: Medicare Part B drug payment cuts, shared savings could save $5 billion. ... 5 billion over 5 years, according to recommendations from the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. ... 1 billion and $5 billion within 5 years. MedPAC staff said. ... MedPAC mulls boost to payments for E&M visits * VIDEO: Advanced ... The first part, which would start in 2018, would alter the current Part B drug payment process. Currently, doctors receive ASP ...
Verscend to acquire health care payments company Cotiviti for $4.9 billion
... 20 June 2018 , News ... Cotiviti Holdings a leading provider of payment accuracy and analytics-driven solutions focused primarily on the healthcare ... 4.9 billion. The offer price represents a 32% premium to Cotivitis unaffected share price as of June 4, 2018 and a 136% ... including complementary solutions across multiple intervention points in the payment process. ...
In 2006, $32.7 billion in program payments were made to Medicare beneficiaries discharged from short-stay hospitals with a...
32.7 billion in program payments were made to Medicare beneficiaries discharged from short-stay hospitals with a principal ... In 2006, $32.7 billion in program payments were made to Medicare beneficiaries discharged from short-stay hospitals with a ... Silver BookIn 2006, $32.7 billion in program payments were made to Medicare beneficiaries discharged from short-stay hospitals ... The conditions and disabilities associated with stroke cost the United States between $30 billion and $40 billion a year. [ Get ...
New bill would protect school contractors' payments | The Sacramento Bee
The total? $15 billion April 22, 2019 12:00 AM Gov. Gavin Newsom hits back at Trump in new fight over who controls California ... The district made payments to Harris during construction from bond proceeds, and paid off the school as construction was ... the contractor builds the school and then leases it back to the district with payments stretching over many years. ...
South Korea December Exports Up 8.9% at $49.07 Billion | Fox Business
Having trouble making student loan payments? Heres what to do. 21 hours ago. ... The trade surplus narrowed to $5.78 billion in December from a revised $7.63 billion in November, missing the median forecast ... Exports increased 8.9% from a year earlier to $49.07 billion in December after the prior month's revised 9.5% gain, ... Imports rose 13% from a year earlier to $43.29 billion in December following the previous month's revised 14.8% increase. ...
House Near a Fix for Medicare Payments - WSJ
200 billion package to permanently fix a flawed formula for calculating Medicare reimbursements to doctors, but the emerging ... House Near a Fix for Medicare Payments But some in Congress question the $200 billion cost. ... House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and House Speaker John Boehner are said to be near an agreement to fix a Medicare payment ... In the emerging deal, about $140 billion of the cost would be borne by taxpayers. That is a political challenge for House ...
All Health Content | News-Gazette.com
Yannis Kyriakides & Andy Moor - A Life Is A Billion Heartbeats - Boomkat
A life is A Billion Heartbeats, continues Yannis Kyriakides & Andy Moors exploration and mining of the rich and mysterious ... with your payment details which is stored by the Bank payment gateway. When you return to make a purchase it basically ... with your payment details which is stored by the Bank payment gateway. When you return to make a purchase it basically ... an industry-standard method of secure payment handling. When you place an order with us payment is either handled via your ...
Mudhoney - Under A Billion Suns (Reissue) - Boomkat
... with your payment details which is stored by the Bank payment gateway. When you return to make a purchase it basically ... with your payment details which is stored by the Bank payment gateway. When you return to make a purchase it basically ... an industry-standard method of secure payment handling. When you place an order with us payment is either handled via your ... industry-standard method of secure payment handling. When you place an order with us payment is either handled via your Paypal ...
OPKO Health (OPK) Up 16.4% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Continue?
127.9 billion, followed by Bill Gates with $127.7 billion in wealth, in Bloombergs Billionaires Index.The Tesla CEO, who ... Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN) chief Jeff Bezos is still the worlds richest with a fortune of $182 billion.Why It Matters: ... In comparison, legacy auto giant General Motors (GM) market cap stands at $66 billion, almost 8 times less that of Teslas. Of ... The Secret Weapon That Will Save Oil & Gas Pipeline Operators Billions. An emerging technology could completely transform the ...
Shock: Germany Made Billions From Greek Debt
Pharmacies still facing EpiPen shortage over a year later
The Intelligent Investor: Are Pension Forecasts Way Too Sunny? - WSJ
Med Centers to Reveal Drug Payment$ | Science | AAAS
Disk galaxies rotate once every billion years, no matter their size Mar. 15, 2018 ... Amid growing concerns about hefty payments that some doctors receive from industry, The Cleveland Clinic plans to post this ... These institutions appear to be responding to concerns that drug and device industry payments are biasing doctors treatment ... Med Centers to Reveal Drug Payment$. By Jocelyn Kaiser. Dec. 4, 2008 , 5:46 PM. ...
Inside: The GC's role in ensuring compliance in the payment card processing environment | Inside Counsel | Corporate Counsel
... and cyber-attacks continues to rise it remains imperative for general counsel to understand the risk landscape of payment card ... Catching the Wave - Legal Technology Spend at $3 Billion and Growing. From Mitratech ... Inside: The GCs role in ensuring compliance in the payment card processing environment. As the rate of data breaches and cyber ... The legacy mag-stripe payment card system, on which so many consumers and merchants rely, is long overdue for improvements that ...
20182019201720202016SkipTaxpayersTrump26.2 billionImproper PaymentsDollarsYearDebtInsurersSubsidyCutsProvisionFraudMadeHealthcareProviding healthComplianceValuationLeast 15Medicare PaymentsExpectsReutersServicesHospitalsYearsUnemploymentPfizerPeer-to-pCost-sharing rAmountsIncreasesMakeSystemCompanyProgramTransfersHeftyFederalAssetsWithheldPhysician2,000NACHAPension paymentStimulusAmountMedicaidRevenueNigeriaMarketBenefitTrillionCountryCashDoctorsMedianMillionVolumeMethodologyReceiveRevenues
- The state-run oil producer is scheduled to receive $63 billion of advances under long-term crude-supply contracts from 2014 to 2018, mostly from Chinese clients, Andrey Polischuk, an energy analyst at Raiffeisenbank in Moscow, said by phone yesterday. (dailyherald.com)
- Medicare is required to use a new methodology to establish payment rates in 2018, which tries to address this issue. (gao.gov)
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revised the Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule (CLFS) for 2018, establishing new Medicare payment rates for laboratory services. (gao.gov)
- CMS is gradually phasing in reductions to Medicare payment rates, limited annually at 10 percent over a 3-year period (2018 through 2020), as outlined in PAMA. (gao.gov)
- GAO found that PAMA's phased in reductions to new Medicare payment rates likely mitigated this risk of inaccurate Medicare payment rates from 2018 through 2020. (gao.gov)
- CMS's implementation of the new payment rates could lead Medicare to pay billions of dollars more than is necessary and result in CLFS expenditures increasing from what Medicare paid prior to 2018 for two reasons. (gao.gov)
- GAO estimated that Medicare expenditures from 2018 through 2020 may be $733 million more than if CMS had phased in payment-rate reductions based on the average payment rates in 2016. (gao.gov)
- Second, CMS stopped paying a bundled payment rate for certain panel tests (groups of laboratory tests generally performed together), as was its practice prior to 2018, because CMS had not yet clarified its authority to do so under PAMA, according to officials. (gao.gov)
- GAO estimated that if the payment rate for each panel test were unbundled, Medicare expenditures could increase by as much as $10.3 billion from 2018 through 2020 compared to estimated Medicare expenditures using lower bundled payment rates for panel tests. (gao.gov)
- But it could matter enormously for the many billions in cost-sharing payments that insurers are entitled to in 2018. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- The first part, which would start in 2018, would alter the current Part B drug payment process. (mdedge.com)
- Indeed, GlobalData's Online Consumer Payments Analytics shows that since 2011, card-based online payments have been declining in terms of their share of online payments in favor of alternative tools, which exceeded a 50 percent share of the e-commerce market in 2018. (cbronline.com)
- The cash payments are based on either your 2018 or 2019 tax filings. (npr.org)
- North America is slated to dominate the contraceptive pills market share, since the region generated USD 4.09 billion in revenue in 2018. (yahoo.com)
- with Rs 272 billion market-cap, PNB stood at 108th position, lost Rs 120 billion from Rs 392 billion as on February 12, 2018. (business-standard.com)
- ACH payments totaled more than 5.6 billion in the third quarter of 2018, a 6.7 percent increase over Q3 2017. (nacha.org)
- If Trump does eliminate the subsidy payments, premiums for many customers on the Obamacare individual insurance markets would be 20 percent higher in 2018, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has said. (reuters.com)
- Global Payments' $22 billion merger with TSYS marks the third mega-deal in the payments industry since the beginning of 2019. (cbronline.com)
- In January 2019, Fiserv bought First Data for $23 billion. (cbronline.com)
- A March 2019 study conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs for fintech provider FIS found that large proportions of millennial banking users in the UK had switched to a mobile app for payment. (emarketer.com)
- In 2019, transactions via P2P transfers will hit $309.95 billion, a 41.1% increase. (emarketer.com)
- Medicare paid $7.1 billion for 433 million lab tests in 2017, and typically paid higher rates than private insurers. (gao.gov)
- For example, it uses maximum payment rates for lab services-the most Medicare will pay for-rather than actual payment rates in 2017 as a baseline to reduce rates. (gao.gov)
- GAO found that the median private-payer rates were lower than Medicare's maximum payment rates in 2017 for 88 percent of tests. (gao.gov)
- First, CMS used the maximum Medicare payment rates in 2017 as a baseline to start the phase in of payment-rate reductions instead of using actual Medicare payment rates. (gao.gov)
- Medicare paid $7.1 billion for 433 million laboratory tests in 2017. (gao.gov)
- The court's refusal to consider mitigation will make no difference for the $2 billion or so that's due to insurers for the cost-sharing payments they lost in 2017. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- For the whole of 2017, exports rose 15.8% from a year earlier to a record $574 billion. (foxbusiness.com)
- The payments are estimated at $7 billion in 2017. (reuters.com)
- The country's National E-commerce Strategic Roadmap outlines plans to double Malaysia's e-commerce growth rate and contribute RM211 billion to gross domestic product by 2020. (jpmorgan.com)
- The company, most of whose revenues come from airlines paying it for engine flying hours, expects a further 1 billion pound outflow in the second half of 2020. (yahoo.com)
- In 2020-21, five provinces will receive $20.573 billion in equalization payments from the federal government. (wikipedia.org)
- Flip Chip Market Report by Allied Market Research, forecasts that the global market is expected to garner $46 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 9% during the period 2016-2022. (openpr.com)
- Homeland security market is expected to garner $418 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 5.9% from 2016 to 2022. (openpr.com)
- The IRS estimates that amount could increase to more than $20 billion in 2016. (hrblock.com)
- Tax deductible donations to municipal governments under the furusato nozei (hometown tax) payment scheme in fiscal 2016 hit a record ¥284.4 billion, the government said Tuesday. (japantimes.co.jp)
- New Jersey this year will skip a required $3.1 billion payment to the state's pension fund, the retirement savings account of more than 780,000 current and retired public workers. (nj.com)
- In the emerging deal, about $140 billion of the cost would be borne by taxpayers. (wsj.com)
- To kick off National Consumer Protection Week , H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), the world's largest consumer tax preparation company, has launched an online fraud resource center detailing various tax scams, fraud and improper payment issues while highlighting ways taxpayers can protect themselves and offering solutions. (hrblock.com)
- Last year, an additional $16 billion to $19 billion was estimated to have been improperly paid to those claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit - a refundable tax credit designed to help low- to moderate-income taxpayers. (hrblock.com)
- Don't Let Your Revenue Be Part of the $4.9 Billion Returned to Taxpayers! (lww.com)
- Tech giant Apple made international headlines and inspired President Donald Trump to brag overnight about his role in making it all possible after announcing it would pay approximately $38 billion in taxes as it repatriates large sums of overseas cash holdings. (beachwoodreporter.com)
- The repatriation measure included in the new tax law passed by Republicans and signed by Trump will result in multinational corporations receiving an overall estimated tax cut of $413 billion. (beachwoodreporter.com)
- Earlier this week, the Court of Federal Claims certified a class action brought by insurers to recover the cost-sharing payments that President Trump unceremoniously terminated. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- Later on Thursday, Politico reported that Trump plans to cut off subsidy payments to insurers selling Obamacare coverage, citing two people familiar with the matter. (reuters.com)
- Trump has repeatedly threatened to stop the payments, which are made directly to insurance companies to help cover out-of-pocket medical expenses for low-income Americans enrolled in individual healthcare plans under Obamacare. (reuters.com)
- Industry leader Pfizer, with sales of $26.2 billion, spent $34.4 million on speakers, ranking third among the eight companies. (propublica.org)
- The Fraud Resource Center includes more than a dozen white papers, studies, announcements and more from the company and federal government organizations to help consumers, media and policymakers understand the issues associated with tax identity theft, tax fraud and improper payments. (hrblock.com)
- H&R Block is pleased to offer this resource to help educate people about what can be done to combat tax fraud and improper payments. (hrblock.com)
- How Could the VA Make $5.5 Billion in Improper Payments Last Year? (thefiscaltimes.com)
- In a weak economy, many states, cities and towns may be facing billions of dollars in pension liabilities that are currently underfunded. (pbs.org)
- DAVID CRANE, special economic adviser to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger: We are diverting, really, billions of dollars from the University of California and health and human services to pay off pension promises that were made decades ago or even just a decade ago. (pbs.org)
- PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 22 InstaMed announced today that it has processed over five billion dollars in healthcare payments since its inception five years ago. (medindia.net)
- We are also beginning to see the rapid growth of electronic payer to provider payments within our payer market segment -- a market that represents over one trillion dollars a year in volume," stated Bill Marvin, President and CEO of InstaMed. (medindia.net)
- Apple said it would bring hundreds of billions of dollars in offshore cash back to the United States. (beachwoodreporter.com)
- Just how many billions of dollars are at stake in the litigation over cost-sharing payments? (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- Should it stand up on appeal, it suggests that the federal government will be liable for tens of billions of dollars in damages, with the precise amount growing every day. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- As Dave Anderson noted this morning, "[t]he net present value under dispute for the next decade could easily reach $100 billion dollars. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- The Inspector General for the IRS said Thursday that the tax collection agency continues to be at risk of paying out billions of dollars in fraudulent Earned Income Tax Credit payments each year, and that there's nothing the IRS can do about it. (freerepublic.com)
- An update of ProPublica's Dollars for Docs database includes more than $760 million in payments from 12 pharmaceutical companies to physicians and other health-care providers for consulting, speaking, research and expenses. (propublica.org)
- Insurance companies that operate Medicare Advantage plans can collect bonus payments from the federal government worth hundreds of millions of dollars, but only for plans that receive top ratings. (thefiscaltimes.com)
- The tax cuts passed in December will drop billions of dollars on the bottom lines of U.S. businesses, and most of that money is expected to end up in the pockets of investors through dividends and. (thefiscaltimes.com)
- Extending a temporary provision in the health care reform law that increases payment for primary care services could save Medicare billions of dollars, according to a study published by the Commonwealth Fund and conducted by researchers at the Center for Studying Health System Change and Mathematica Policy Research. (aafp.org)
- Russian companies facing $14.9 billion of debt payments this year will probably weather U.S. sanctions as OAO Rosneft rakes in oil proceeds from China and the central bank tackles a cash shortage among lenders. (dailyherald.com)
- OAO Gazprombank, with $2.2 billion due this year, can draw on central bank cash, BCS said. (dailyherald.com)
- The state expects to pay $8 billion to retirees this year - not including health benefits, which the state has not saved for and experts say is a greater problem. (nj.com)
- Just one year ago, the company surpassed the one billion dollar mark. (medindia.net)
- For more than a year, the Postal Service has been seeking legislation that would allow it to eliminate Saturday mail delivery and reduce its $5 billion annual payment for future retiree health benefits. (nhregister.com)
- Absolutely, we would be profitable right now," Donahoe told The Associated Press , when asked whether congressional delays were to blame for much of the postal losses, expected to reach a record $15 billion this year. (nhregister.com)
- Donahoe said the post office will hit a low point in cash next month but avert immediate bankruptcy due to a series of retirement incentives, employee reductions and boosts in productivity among remaining staff that saved nearly $2 billion over the past year. (nhregister.com)
- If implemented, the proposals could save Medicare between $250 million and $750 million in the first year, and between $1 billion and $5 billion within 5 years. (mdedge.com)
- These are not only deadly but costly diseases with CVD and stroke costing around $320 billion each year. (silverbook.org)
- Medicare alone is estimated to pay .7 billion per year to treat newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation patients. (silverbook.org)
- Many serious infectious diseases are acquired in the healthcare setting and those healthcare-associated infections cost U.S. hospitals between $28.4 and $45 billion each year. (silverbook.org)
- Earlier this year, López Obrador said there was enough water both for local farmers and payments to the United States. (yahoo.com)
- Exports increased 8.9% from a year earlier to $49.07 billion in December after the prior month's revised 9.5% gain, according to preliminary data from the trade ministry and the customs office. (foxbusiness.com)
- Imports rose 13% from a year earlier to $43.29 billion in December following the previous month's revised 14.8% increase. (foxbusiness.com)
- DMC participants could receive $17,500 in payments through the end of the year for every one million pounds of production history. (dairyherd.com)
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation's (Innovation Center) Emergency Triage, Treat, and Transport (ET3) Model is a voluntary, five-year payment model that will provide greater flexibility to ambulance care teams to address emergency health care needs of Medicare beneficiaries following a 911 call. (cms.gov)
- The estimated cost of caring for Alzheimer's patients climbed $20 billion in a single year, according to an annual report issued Tuesday by the Alzheimer's Association. (mcknights.com)
- This year, 19.7% of the country's population (or 6.0 million people) will be P2P mobile payment users. (emarketer.com)
- The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration released a report that said almost 25 percent of EITC payments issued last year should not have been issued. (freerepublic.com)
- For the first time, all these companies have reported a full year of payments, allowing for head-to-head comparisons of how much they spent on physicians to help push their pills. (propublica.org)
- The proposal marks a $1.7 billion increase over the current fiscal year. (utahstandardnews.com)
- Rolls-Royce, which makes engines for the Boeing 787 and Airbus 350, said it would burn through 3 billion pounds in the first half of the year as hours flown by its engines halved due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (yahoo.com)
- The House-approved measure cuts nearly $2 billion in conservation and renewable energy funding from the government spending plans for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1. (deltafarmpress.com)
- The House passed a $125.5 billion fiscal year 2012 USDA, FDA and related agencies funding bill that makes sharp cuts in some programs but turned out not to be nearly as draconian as it could have been, according to observers. (deltafarmpress.com)
- He and Rep. Collin Peterson, D-Minn., the Agriculture Committee ranking member, also helped defeat an amendment offered by Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., that would have capped farm program payments at $125,000 a year, arguing it would have a devastating effect on farmers facing disasters now. (deltafarmpress.com)
- The five-year, 10 percent payment boost for evaluation and management services in ambulatory settings could reduce total Medicare spending by approximately 2 percent per year if adopted permanently. (aafp.org)
- Benefit payments totaled $731 billion that year. (kff.org)
- The amount, just in New York, is estimated by Issa's committee to be in excess of $15 billion, equivalent to $1.9 million per patient per year! (prisonplanet.com)
- More specifically that the G-20 countries cough up $88 billion a year to aid in the exploration for such fuels. (forbes.com)
- 500 billion a year is the usual rough estimate and we'll not go far wrong with that. (forbes.com)
- Here the contention is that the rich countries, the G-20 ones, subsidise the search for new fossil fuel reserves by some $88 billion a year. (forbes.com)
- The availability of alternatives will help President Vladimir Putin shrug off the most punitive U.S. sanctions yet as oil producer Rosneft, which has a $12.7 billion loan payment in December, can rely on advanced funding from long-term Chinese crude contracts to cover debt, according to ZAO Raiffeisenbank and BCS Financial Group. (dailyherald.com)
- It's not tremendously serious," Sergey Dergachev, who helps oversee about $10 billion in emerging-market debt at Union Investment in Frankfurt, said by e-mail yesterday. (dailyherald.com)
- For Rosneft as a stand-alone credit, the fact that it cannot get funding from the U.S. does not cause a significant negative impact," Aaron Grehan, a London-based fund manager who helps oversee $4.5 billion in emerging-market debt including Rosneft bonds at Aviva Investors Ltd., said by e-mail today. (dailyherald.com)
- That covers almost all of Rosneft's $65 billion in debt, he said. (dailyherald.com)
- Under the terms of the agreement, Cotiviti shareholders will receive $44.75 in cash per share of Cotiviti common stock, and Verscend will assume all of Cotiviti's outstanding debt, resulting in an enterprise value of approximately $4.9 billion. (biospectrumindia.com)
- The government] does not identify any statutory provision permitting [it] to use premium tax credit payments to offset its cost-sharing reduction payment obligations (even if insurers intentionally increased premiums to obtain larger premium tax credit payments to make up for lost cost-sharing reduction payments). (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- In the absence of such an offset, the calculation of each potential class member's unpaid cost-sharing reduction payments appears to be a rather straightforward process based on data provided to the government by the insurers-the identity of each qualified health plan in which individuals eligible for cost-sharing reductions are enrolled, and the amount of each individual's cost-sharing reduction. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- The temporary system Cohen referenced simply allows insurers to calculate the amount of federal payments they're owed for HealthCare.gov customers. (dailycaller.com)
- Insurers will be receiving a hefty amount of federal payments as well. (dailycaller.com)
- Cohen told the subcommittee that the first set of subsidy payments will be made next week. (dailycaller.com)
- Now, HealthCare.gov's payment process still hasn't been completed, although the exchange has been live for over three months and the federal government is days away from making its first subsidy payments. (dailycaller.com)
- With falling revenue and higher expenses, Gov. Chris Christie had to make major cuts to create the $29.4 billion 2011 budget, which took effect July 1. (nj.com)
- Two major long-term care hospital operators saw their stocks rise upon news that planned payment cuts will be phased in over time. (mcknights.com)
- PAMA included a provision for GAO to review CMS's implementation of new payment rates for these tests. (gao.gov)
- The launch of the so-called Open Payments website , mandated under a provision of the Affordable Care Act, was far from glitch-free: Some users encountered long delays and sometimes error messages trying to access its seven data tables. (propublica.org)
- State-owned banks continued to reel under the multi-billion fraud at Punjab National Bank (PNB) with Nifty PSU Bank index dropping 2.5 per cent to a f. (business-standard.com)
- LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - PayPal is entering 10 new countries this week, including Nigeria, providing online payment alternatives for consumers via mobile phones or PCs in markets often blighted by financial fraud. (reuters.com)
- The White House made the announcement to show how regular Americans will benefit from the $787 billion stimulus package signed into law last week. (redorbit.com)
- In a series of financial queries, about 219, raised by the office of the auditor-general of the federation, the payments were said to have been made between 2008 and 2012. (allafrica.com)
- This, the committee said, was due to the claim made by the director of internal audit, Itu Ubi, that only N19 billion had yet to be recovered from the contractors. (allafrica.com)
- The IRS sent out COVID-19 relief checks to nearly 1 million more Americans in the ninth batch of payments made under Biden's American Rescue Plan. (yahoo.com)
- The Senate passed a postal bill in April that would have provided financial relief in part by reducing the annual health payments and providing an $11 billion cash infusion, basically a refund of overpayments the Postal Service made to a federal pension fund. (nhregister.com)
- It's hard to know what the world would have looked like if the cost-sharing payments had been made, so it's hard to know whether any given insurer is better off or worse off now that they've been terminated. (theincidentaleconomist.com)
- In 2006, $32.7 billion in program payments were made to Medicare beneficiaries discharged from short-stay hospitals with a principal diagnosis of cardiovascular disease--and average of $10,201 per discharge. (silverbook.org)
- The district made payments to Harris during construction from bond proceeds, and paid off the school as construction was completed. (sacbee.com)
- Payment is made by releasing water from dams in Mexico. (yahoo.com)
- The ease of use of the QP QuickPay service paired with its flexibility to work in all parking sectors made it the ideal mobile payment solution for us. (yahoo.com)
- In response to parliamentary question from the Green Party, the German government released figures today showing that Berlin has made €2.9 billion in interest payments on Greek bonds since 2010. (infowars.com)
- Today, ProPublica is updating that tool to include payments made to health professionals by 12 companies. (propublica.org)
- In addition to the payments made to speakers, some of the companies also disclosed how much they've spent on consulting, travel, meals and research. (propublica.org)
- The federal government unveiled data Tuesday detailing 4.4 million payments made to doctors and teaching hospitals by pharmaceutical and medical device companies. (propublica.org)
- The Medicaid payments made to New York for the developmental centers were excessive. (prisonplanet.com)
- CMS is working to correct the payments to New York and to improve CMS' approval and monitoring processes to detect excessive payments more quickly and to prevent excessive payments from being made in the first place. (prisonplanet.com)
- In the last five years, InstaMed has established itself as a pioneer and leader in the emerging healthcare payments market segment, creating innovative solutions to simplify the healthcare payment process. (medindia.net)
- By combining the functions of a healthcare clearinghouse and a payment processor, InstaMed delivers one source and one end to end process for healthcare payments, which include eligibility, patient responsibility estimation, claim submission, remittance, payer payments and patient payments. (medindia.net)
- InstaMed is the industry leading healthcare payments network and platform. (medindia.net)
- InstaMed's mission is to transform the healthcare payment process for healthcare Providers, Payers and Patients so their payment experience is simple, convenient, reliable and secure. (medindia.net)
- InstaMed processes all of the healthcare and payment transactions in the healthcare revenue cycle and offers patent pending, integrated healthcare and payment transactions that accelerate the healthcare payment process and reduce the administrative costs to all parties. (medindia.net)
- InstaMed is an AHIP Solutions Partner (America's Health Insurance Plans), a certified member of CORE (the CAQH Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange), the Medical Banking Project, ASC X12, HBMA (Healthcare Billing & Management Association), Electronic Payments Network ACH Association Services, MGMA's Project SwipeIT (Medical Group Management Association) and WEDI (Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange). (medindia.net)
- A 'Real World' Strategy for Health Care Payment Reform," is being launched at today's Forbes 'Healthcare in the USA Forum' in New York. (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- Cotiviti Holdings a leading provider of payment accuracy and analytics-driven solutions focused primarily on the healthcare industry and Verscend Technologies, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital ("Veritas") and a leader in data-driven healthcare solutions, announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement whereby Verscend has agreed to acquire Cotiviti for $4.9 billion in cash. (biospectrumindia.com)
- Together, the companies are expected to have greater impact in the healthcare IT market by increasing affordability, reducing waste and improving outcomes and quality as well as offer new opportunities to create substantial value for clients, including complementary solutions across multiple intervention points in the payment process. (biospectrumindia.com)
- Cohen was unable to tell Murphy when HealthCare.gov's payment systems will be finally built. (dailycaller.com)
- India is at the crossroads of its journey to provide healthcare to its 1.3 billion people. (hindustantimes.com)
- The stimulus payments are designed to help alleviate the burden of providing health care for many of those states that have been hit hardest by the economic crisis. (redorbit.com)
- This is the accessible text file for GAO report number GAO-07-563 entitled 'Tax Compliance: Thousands of Organizations Exempt from Federal Income Tax Owe $1 Billion in Payroll and Other Taxes' which was released on July 24, 2007. (gao.gov)
- Wealthsimple hits 2M Canadian users amid neobanking push: The Canadian fintech reached a user threshold as it hit a CAD$5 billion valuation from its latest funding round-positive signs that it could become a significant player despite the challenges in its home market. (emarketer.com)
- Johnson & Johnson, for instance, submitted payments under at least 15 subsidiaries. (propublica.org)
- These claims correlated to $6.7 billion in improper Medicare payments. (1sthcc.com)
- While it will miss a second payment Sunday, it expects to make a $1.4 billion payment due to the Labor Department on Oct. 15 for workers' compensation. (nhregister.com)
- Reuters) - Tyler Technologies Inc said on Wednesday it will buy payments company NIC Inc for about $2.3 billion, as the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a shift to online services and electronic payments by governments. (yahoo.com)
- is planning a share issue to raise up to 1.5 billion pounds ($1.9 billion) to plug a capital shortfall as a slow recovery in demand for air travel threatens the aviation industry, four sources told Reuters. (yahoo.com)
- British Airways owner IAG said last week it was considering a 2.75 billion euro rights issue, announcing its plans after Reuters reported a share sale was in the works. (yahoo.com)
- Tyler is a provider of emergency management and other software programs to U.S. counties and municipalities, while NIC provides digital services that help citizens make secure payments to the government, renew licenses and submit business filings. (yahoo.com)
- The pandemic has accelerated the shift by governments to online services and electronic payments as more citizens and businesses are interacting digitally with government,' Tyler Chief Executive Lynn Moore said. (yahoo.com)
- He spoke at a forum called Roundtable on Mobile Payment Services in Nigeria organised by the NDIC last week. (nextbillion.net)
- The CBN had issued a regulatory framework for the operations of mobile payments services in the country in June 2009 as a measure, which would aid in the reduction of the number of unbanked Nigerians. (nextbillion.net)
- ABM ), a leading provider of facility solutions announced today that ABM Parking Services has partnered with QuickPay Corp., a premier mobile parking and payment platform provider, to bring new payment options and value-added services to ABM-operated parking facilities. (yahoo.com)
- This move is part of a recent trend by merchant acquirers to increase globalisation of their services in order to better compete in the omni-channel, e-commerce, and digital payment spaces. (cbronline.com)
- In order to do that, many merchant acquirers and processors are entering into mergers that will allow them to offer truly end-to-end global payment acceptance services to their clients. (cbronline.com)
- It will be able to provide merchants with fully end-to-end payment acceptance services, as well as offering merchant services at a larger global scale. (cbronline.com)
- Today, HHS and CMS announced a new payment model for emergency ambulance services that aims to allow Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) beneficiaries to receive the most appropriate level of care at the right time and place with the potential for lower out-of-pocket costs. (cms.gov)
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said Tuesday that a planned 3.75% cut in payments to long-term care hospitals will be spread over three years, which gives operators a 1.9% increase in fiscal 2013. (mcknights.com)
- According to the Office of the Inspector General's report for 2010, Evaluation and Management services accounted for 30% of Medicare Part B payments, a total cost of $32.3 billion. (1sthcc.com)
- All told, according to officials from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, companies spent a total of $3.5 billion during that period on 546,000 individual physicians and almost 1,360 teaching hospitals. (propublica.org)
- Sulopay is a payments platform attempting to make crypto payments as easy as possible to support communities around the world who are still left without critical financial services. (yahoo.com)
- Serving the next billion with digital financial services. (medium.com)
- In each of these dimensions, countries are faced with a critical choice: Which services to expand first, whom to include first, and how to shift from out-of-pocket payment toward prepayment? (hindustantimes.com)
- Physicians who provide health care services to Medicare beneficiaries but who are not yet prescribing electronically have until June 30, 2012, to request a hardship exemption that would exclude them from the 2013 penalty (a 1.5 percent cut in Medicare payment) related to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' electronic prescribing (e-prescribing) incentive program. (aafp.org)
- Once the services go live, customers in the 10 countries with access to the Web and a bank card authorised for Internet transactions will be able to register for a PayPal account and make payments to millions of sites worldwide. (reuters.com)
- It has not yet enabled local merchants in the new markets to receive payments, nor is it offering other forms of banking services, he said. (reuters.com)
- The purpose of equalization payments is to enable the "have not" provinces to provide public services which are reasonably comparable to those in other provinces, at similar levels of taxation. (wikipedia.org)
- Payments for ecosystem services (PES), also known as payments for environmental services (or benefits), are incentives offered to farmers or landowners in exchange for managing their land to provide some sort of ecological service. (wikipedia.org)
- The providers of the ecosystem services can be expected to be willing to accept a payment that is greater than the cost of providing the services. (wikipedia.org)
- In a review of Medicare capital disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments, the OIG found that a number of rural hospitals and hospitals with fewer than 100 beds that claimed DSH payments between October 1, 2000 and September 30, 2006, were not eligible for such payments. (hcpro.com)
- How can gains from payment reform be achieved in practice, recognizing that hospitals and physicians will need support in making the transition, and their uncertainties and tradeoffs about how best to do so? (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- Convincing hospitals to purchase LJPC-501 without evidence of improved longer-term outcomes for shock patients could prove to be more challenging for La Jolla, which carries a market capitalization approaching $1 billion. (thestreet.com)
- The government's data on payments to doctors and hospitals by drug and device makers is incomplete and hard to penetrate - but here's a first look. (propublica.org)
- Citing data inconsistencies and uncertainty, the federal government withheld the names of doctors and hospitals for 40 percent of the payments released Tuesday. (propublica.org)
- This was particularly true for research payments-90 percent of the value of those payments went to unnamed doctors or hospitals. (propublica.org)
- For years, the state has skipped payments or paid a fraction of what analysts say is necessary to keep the fund solvent. (nj.com)
- The missed payments did not leave a huge hole the first few years of the decade. (nj.com)
- However, GAO found that collecting incomplete data could have a larger effect on the accuracy of Medicare payment rates in future years when PAMA allows for greater payment-rate reductions. (gao.gov)
- Already under pressure from the tough economic conditions of the last four years, Britain's small and medium-sized businesses are owed debts of £35.3 billion according to the latest research from Bacs Payment Schemes Ltd (Bacs). (is4profit.com)
- Americans could realize net savings in health care costs of around $200 billion to $600 billion cumulatively over the next 10 years if concerted action is taken to reform care provider payment incentives, including moving away from the traditional fee-for-service model, according to a new working paper by UnitedHealth Group's (NYSE: UNH) Center for Health Reform & Modernization. (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- WASHINGTON - Reducing the amount physicians are paid for drugs administered in their offices and introducing shared savings could save Medicare up to $5 billion over 5 years, according to recommendations from the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. (mdedge.com)
- Typically, a school district leases a school site to a contractor for a nominal sum, the contractor builds the school and then leases it back to the district with payments stretching over many years. (sacbee.com)
- Mexico has fallen badly behind in payments from previous years and now has to quickly catch up on water transfers. (yahoo.com)
- The plan, which would cost $200 billion over 10 years, is aimed at permanently solving a problem that has bedeviled Congress for decades. (wsj.com)
- This payment is our right, we have spent long years serving them, we have nothing to do with politics, so we should have this payment back sooner not later," said Hassouna. (electronicintifada.net)
- FAPRI's forecast shows the new target-price program -- PLC -- would cost about $34.2 billion over 10 years because a high percentage of farmers in some crops would enroll heavily in the program and trigger PLC payments due to lower long-term forecasts for commodity prices. (dtnpf.com)
- In comparison, the Congressional Budget Office projection for PLC was about $13.1 billion over 10 years. (dtnpf.com)
- Malaysia's $4 billion e-commerce market is notable for its explosive growth in recent years. (jpmorgan.com)
- We provided multiple entry points to invest in Pharmacyclics starting at $17 and in three-plus years the company was sold to AbbVie for $262 per share or $21 billion. (forbes.com)
- The terms of the agreement provide for payment by Pfizer to Gene Logic of success-based milestones per compound and royalties on the commercialization of drugs whose repositioning results from Gene Logic's Drug Repositioning Program. (drugstorenews.com)
- Our first forecast for peer-to-peer (P2P) mobile payments users in Canada shows a still-developing market with plenty of room to grow. (emarketer.com)
- And since all of them support various types of mobile transactions-including banking, online payments, peer-to-peer (P2P) fund transfers and in-store purchases-it's likely to be a mixed bag of activities. (emarketer.com)
- The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities warned Friday that restoring cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurance companies participating in the Obamacare markets could end up doing more. (thefiscaltimes.com)
- That amounts to $15.6 billion in payments under a program that's meant to boost low and moderate-income people and families. (freerepublic.com)
- I am using APRWIN 6.2 to calculate the APR for a short-term high-interest installment loan.The payment plan spans up to 20 payments which are 14 days apart with different payment amounts. (bankersonline.com)
- In 2004, the federal government and the provinces agreed to suspend the traditional formula that determined payment amounts and move to fixed funding levels, which were scheduled to grow at a fixed rate - regardless of the economic performance of the provinces. (wikipedia.org)
- A 1997 budget-cutting law set a formula for physician rates that tied payment increases to economic growth. (wsj.com)
- He said the two missed payments totaling $11.1 billion for future retiree health benefits -- payments ordered by Congress in 2006 that no other government agency or business is required to make -- along with similar expenses make up the bulk of the annual loss. (nhregister.com)
- We can't have a Postal Service where customers are constantly worried about our ability to make payments. (nhregister.com)
- Under what scenarios could provider payment reform make a meaningful fiscal impact on Medicare, Medicaid and overall U.S. health spending? (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- This analysis suggests that payment reform could make a meaningful contribution to slowing the growth of U.S. health care costs. (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- TVA estimates it could end up spending nearly $1 billion to clean up the Kingston coal ash and to make payments to land owners, workers and others who claim they were harmed from the disaster. (timesfreepress.com)
- Download the Carbon app to get instant loans, invest money and make payments. (medium.com)
- Starting on Tuesday, consumers in Nigeria, which has 60 million users and has Africa's largest population, along with nine other markets in sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America will be able to make payments through PayPal. (reuters.com)
- But the current 6% add-on to average sales price (ASP) "overpays many physicians and institutions, and is inherently a cost-ineffecient payment system for the Medicare program," he added. (mdedge.com)
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and House Speaker John Boehner are said to be near an agreement to fix a Medicare payment system that otherwise would start cutting doctor reimbursements on April 1. (wsj.com)
- The legacy mag-stripe payment card system, on which so many consumers and merchants rely, is long overdue for improvements that would increase security and decrease vulnerability. (law.com)
- The automated payment system will directly transfer federal Obamacare subsidies to insurance companies. (dailycaller.com)
- A formal system of equalization payments was first introduced in 1957. (wikipedia.org)
- this gave Canada by far the world's most generous system of equalization payments. (wikipedia.org)
- The Rosneft loan due in December was part of a $31 billion financing package that the company borrowed for its acquisition of TNK-BP, finalized in 2013 and the largest-ever acquisition financing for a Russian company. (dailyherald.com)
- One positive factor about the research from the company behind Direct Debit was that the number of SMEs subjected to late payment had actually decreased, down from 861,000 to 785,000 businesses. (is4profit.com)
- Global Payments and TSYS as a combined company makes strategic sense. (cbronline.com)
- Until 2009, pharmaceutical company payments to health professionals were closely held trade secrets. (propublica.org)
- The joint venture company formed by Norway's Aker ASA (AKER.OS) and BP PLC (BP) bolstered its presence on the Norwegian Continental Shelf on Tuesday with the $2 billion acquisition of Hess Norge AS. (foxbusiness.com)
- Many drug and device companies attributed payments to multiple subsidiaries, rather than reporting them under the name of a single parent company. (propublica.org)
- A breakdown of general payments by category, not including research or payments to physician owners of a company. (propublica.org)
- We think we can give our sellers selling into this market a great deal of reassurance," said Keeley, a former regional banking executive with Standard Chartered Plc and senior executive with payment card company Visa Inc. (reuters.com)
- Last week, MasterCard Inc, the world's second-largest debit and credit card company, and a PayPal rival in payment processing, said it was working with the Nigerian government on a pilot to overlay payment technology on a new national identity card. (reuters.com)
- The world's largest energy exporter has $477 billion of foreign-currency and gold reserves to draw on, and policy makers last month added 2 trillion rubles ($57 billion) to a program aimed at tackling a cash shortage among banks. (dailyherald.com)
- Lower projected farm prices for some key commodities over the next decade have the University of Missouri Farm and Agricultural Policy Research Institute forecasting nearly $21 billion in spending on the farm bill's new target-price program than the Congressional Budget Office scored for the Price Loss Coverage Program. (dtnpf.com)
- That's $21 billion spread in the cost forecasts between FAPRI and CBO on that one commodity program. (dtnpf.com)
- American Express foreign currency Telegraphic Transfers, Draft payments, Forward Contract drawdowns or Cross Currency payments are eligible transactions and are subject to change. (americanexpress.com)
- In 2021-22, provinces and territories will receive $83.9 billion through major transfers. (wikipedia.org)
- Amid growing concerns about hefty payments that some doctors receive from industry, The Cleveland Clinic plans to post this income in a public database, the New York Times reported yesterday. (sciencemag.org)
- In California, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger warned just this week that his state will need billions more from the federal government for basic operations, even as longer-term pension requirements loom. (pbs.org)
- Automated payment systems for the federal Obamacare exchange still haven't been built, a top Obama administration official told a House subcommittee. (dailycaller.com)
- Previous GAO work identified numerous government contractors, Medicare providers, and charities participating in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) with billions in unpaid federal taxes. (gao.gov)
- What GAO Found: Nearly 55,000 exempt organizations had almost $1 billion in unpaid federal taxes as of September 30, 2006. (gao.gov)
- Received millions in federal payments. (gao.gov)
- In Canada, the federal government makes equalization payments to provincial governments to help address fiscal disparities among Canadian provinces based on estimates of provinces' fiscal capacity-their ability to generate tax revenues. (wikipedia.org)
- Equalization payments are one form of transfer payments from the federal to the provincial governments which include the Canada Social Transfer (CST) and the Canada Health Transfer (CHT). (wikipedia.org)
- A mechanism for the Canadian federal government to provide funds through transfer payments to the provinces has existed since Canadian Confederation, and was first enshrined in the Constitution Act, 1867 Section 119 as a mechanism for the new federal government to provide further grants to the province of New Brunswick. (wikipedia.org)
- Rolls-Royce, with a market value of 5 billion pounds, could raise up to 1.5 billion pounds in the share sale, the sources said, although one source said the deal size would largely depend on how much the firm raised from selling assets. (yahoo.com)
- The Palestinian Workers Syndicate in Gaza is not able to assist those whose disability payments were withheld, saying the matter is related to Israeli institutions or banks. (electronicintifada.net)
- Abu Zeiter said that the pension payments of thousands of Gaza workers, especially those who worked in the industrial sector, have also been withheld. (electronicintifada.net)
- It will take a while to dig deeply into this new trove of data, which covers the period of August to December 2013 and includes general and research payments, as well as payments to companies' physician investors. (propublica.org)
- To revise the rates, CMS collected data on private-payer rates from approximately 2,000 laboratories and calculated median payment rates, weighted by volume. (gao.gov)
- HERNDON , Va., June 4, 2013 - NACHA - The Electronic Payments Association today announced the launch of its 1073 Solutions Center. (nacha.org)
- The annual pension payment was a clear target. (nj.com)
- The Obama administration announced on Monday it would spend $15 billion of economic stimulus payments for safeguarding health care for low-income families, the AFP reported. (redorbit.com)
- The White House will also be hosting a "Fiscal Responsibility Summit" where the President will speak further about responsible stimulus payment management. (redorbit.com)
- 1. Care provider payment reform has the potential to slow U.S. health spending growth and improve the sustainability of Medicare and Medicaid - but it won't be a 'silver bullet. (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- Developmental center payment rates are set using a complex methodology detailed in the State's Medicaid State plan. (prisonplanet.com)
- In spite of the initial apathy to the mobile payment initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), there are indications that the policy is gaining traction as the total value of mobile payments in the country amounted to N271 billion for 25 million transactions as at end of May. (nextbillion.net)
- But contrary to the insinuations that the penetration of mobile banking model is slow, key financial and telecoms operators at the NDIC's forum said in terms of the grounds covered so far, Nigeria could not be said to be doing badly in terms of the acceptability of mobile payment in the country. (nextbillion.net)
- The payments market is becoming increasingly complex, writes GlobalData analyst Bhavika Shah . (cbronline.com)
- As a result of this complexity, payment processors and acquirers are consolidating their market position to achieve the scale necessary to serve the ever-expanding needs of a global merchant client base. (cbronline.com)
- We can expect these new giants to start pushing smaller players out of the global payment acceptance market - and as globalisation filters down to smaller merchants, out of domestic markets too. (cbronline.com)
- Semiconductor and Electronics Component market is expected to reach $ 628 billion by 2015. (openpr.com)
- NASH is a large, unmet market opportunity and Madrigal's experienced management team, led by industry superstar Paul Friedman, is poised to seize the billion-dollar market. (forbes.com)
- The drug, in the form of around 84 million Captagon tablets hidden inside industrial goods within containers, was worth about one billion euros ($1.12 billion), and intended to be sold on the European market "to finance terrorism," the finance police of Naples said in a statement. (yahoo.com)
- Consumers will benefit from these consolidation deals by being provided more choice at checkout, as the new giants of processing leverage their global scale to enable merchants to accept a wider range of payment tools. (cbronline.com)
- By looking at different scenarios for net savings and speed of adoption, the report estimates that care provider payment reform could slow U.S. health spending by between $70 billion and $1.01 trillion cumulatively over the coming decade, with more likely savings in the $200 billion to $600 billion range. (unitedhealthgroup.com)
- The $2 billion remedy ordered by the court - and the potential for the ruling to set a precedent for other coal ash ponds across the country - is expected to lead to a TVA challenge to the court ruling in Nashville. (timesfreepress.com)
- Our research highlights the challenges faced by many thousands of SMEs in chasing payments from customers and maintaining a healthy cash flow which is the life blood of any successful business. (is4profit.com)
- Cash levels are expected to hit a low after that labor payment before rising again due to increased volume from holiday and election mail, including ballots for early voting. (nhregister.com)
- Most individuals earning less than $75,000 can expect a one-time cash payment of $1,200. (npr.org)
- Equalization payments are one example of what are often collectively referred to in Canada as "transfer payments", a term used in other jurisdictions to refer to cash payments to individuals (see Canadian transfer payments). (wikipedia.org)
- WASHINGTON-House leaders are closing in on a $200 billion package to permanently fix a flawed formula for calculating Medicare reimbursements to doctors and other health-care providers, but the emerging deal has come under fire from lawmakers in both parties. (wsj.com)
- These institutions appear to be responding to concerns that drug and device industry payments are biasing doctors' treatment decisions and perhaps research studies. (sciencemag.org)
- Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) has been investigating the issue for the past few months and wants drug companies to report their payments to doctors in a national database . (sciencemag.org)
- In all, payments to doctors and other health-care providers in ProPublica's database total more than $760 million and cover reports from drug companies between 2009 and the second quarter of 2011. (propublica.org)
- The trade surplus narrowed to $5.78 billion in December from a revised $7.63 billion in November, missing the median forecast for $6.97 billion. (foxbusiness.com)
- Long-term care hospital payments will increase by approximately $100 million, CMS said. (mcknights.com)
- In 2013, more than $5 billion in tax refunds was sent to fraudsters, impacting more than 1.6 million tax filers. (hrblock.com)
- In fiscal 2014, H&R Block had annual revenues over $3.0 billion with 24.2 million tax returns prepared worldwide. (hrblock.com)
- As Sulopay concludes its latest $10 million token sales, many may still be wondering what the payments platform is all about. (yahoo.com)
- Although disappointing it is no surprise that the volume and value of late payments is rising and shows that the Government (through the department of Business, Innovation and Skills - BIS) is right to be prioritising 'late payment' as a key focus of resource. (is4profit.com)
- The transaction volume of P2P payments will increase even faster than the number of users. (emarketer.com)
- However, we found that this new methodology could cause Medicare to pay billions more than is necessary for several reasons. (gao.gov)
- More than 700 Palestinian workers in Gaza who suffered on-the-job accidents inside Israel used to receive monthly disability payments from Israeli employers. (electronicintifada.net)
- Gene Logic will receive a small initial milestone payment as a result of the filing of the patent application. (drugstorenews.com)
- ABM ) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues exceeding $4 billion and 100,000 employees in over 350 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. (yahoo.com)