Encyclopedias as Topic
Live microbial DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS which beneficially affect the host animal by improving its intestinal microbial balance. Antibiotics and other related compounds are not included in this definition. In humans, lactobacilli are commonly used as probiotics, either as single species or in mixed culture with other bacteria. Other genera that have been used are bifidobacteria and streptococci. (J. Nutr. 1995;125:1401-12)
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
Genes, Transgenic, Suicide
Any liquid or solid preparation made specifically for the growth, storage, or transport of microorganisms or other types of cells. The variety of media that exist allow for the culturing of specific microorganisms and cell types, such as differential media, selective media, test media, and defined media. Solid media consist of liquid media that have been solidified with an agent such as AGAR or GELATIN.
Containment of Biohazards
Provision of physical and biological barriers to the dissemination of potentially hazardous biologically active agents (bacteria, viruses, recombinant DNA, etc.). Physical containment involves the use of special equipment, facilities, and procedures to prevent the escape of the agent. Biological containment includes use of immune personnel and the selection of agents and hosts that will minimize the risk should the agent escape the containment facility.
A group of congenital malformations involving the brainstem, cerebellum, upper spinal cord, and surrounding bony structures. Type II is the most common, and features compression of the medulla and cerebellar tonsils into the upper cervical spinal canal and an associated MENINGOMYELOCELE. Type I features similar, but less severe malformations and is without an associated meningomyelocele. Type III has the features of type II with an additional herniation of the entire cerebellum through the bony defect involving the foramen magnum, forming an ENCEPHALOCELE. Type IV is a form a cerebellar hypoplasia. Clinical manifestations of types I-III include TORTICOLLIS; opisthotonus; HEADACHE; VERTIGO; VOCAL CORD PARALYSIS; APNEA; NYSTAGMUS, CONGENITAL; swallowing difficulties; and ATAXIA. (From Menkes, Textbook of Child Neurology, 5th ed, p261; Davis, Textbook of Neuropathology, 2nd ed, pp236-46)
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Protection against influenza virus infection of mice fed Bifidobacterium breve YIT4064. (1/1007)Mice fed Bifidobacterium breve YIT4064 and immunized orally with influenza virus were more strongly protected against influenza virus infection of the lower respiratory tract than ones immunized with influenza virus only. The number of mice with enhanced anti-influenza virus immunoglobulin G (IgG) in serum upon oral administration of B. breve YIT4064 and oral immunization with influenza virus was significantly greater than that upon oral immunization with influenza virus only. These findings demonstrated that the oral administration of B. breve YIT4064 increased anti-influenza virus IgG antibodies in serum and protected against influenza virus infection. The oral administration of B. breve YIT4064 may enhance antigen-specific IgG against various pathogenic antigens taken orally and induce protection against various virus infections. (+info)
Case of sepsis caused by Bifidobacterium longum. (2/1007)We report a case of sepsis caused by Bifidobacterium longum in a 19-year-old male who had developed high fever, jaundice, and hepatomegaly after acupuncture therapy with small gold needles. Anaerobic, non-spore-forming, gram-positive bacilli were isolated from his blood and finally identified as B. longum. He recovered completely after treatment with ticarcillin and metronidazole. To our knowledge, this is the first report of incidental sepsis caused by B. longum. (+info)
Stool microflora in extremely low birthweight infants. (3/1007)AIM: To serially characterise aerobic and anaerobic stool microflora in extremely low birthweight infants and to correlate colonisation patterns with clinical risk factors. METHODS: Stool specimens from 29 infants of birthweight <1000 g were collected on days 10, 20, and 30 after birth. Quantitative aerobic and anaerobic cultures were performed. RESULTS: By day 30, predominant species were Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Enterbacter cloacae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria spp were identified in only one infant. In breast milk fed (but not in formula fed) infants, the total number of bacterial species/stool specimen increased significantly with time (2.50 (SE 0.34) on day 10; 3.13 (0.38) on day 20; 4.27 (0.45) on day 30) as did quantitative bacterial counts; Gram negative species accounted for most of the increase. On day 30, significant inverse correlations were found between days of previous antibiotic treatment and number of bacterial species (r=0.491) and total organisms/g of stool (r=0.482). Gestational age, birthweight, maternal antibiotic or steroid treatment, prolonged rupture of the membranes, and mode of delivery did not seem to affect colonisation patterns. CONCLUSIONS: The gut of extremely low birthweight infants is colonised by a paucity of bacterial species. Breast milking and reduction of antibiotic exposure are critical to increasing fecal microbial diversity. (+info)
Sequence analysis of plasmid pKJ50 from Bifidobacterium longum. (4/1007)The complete nucleotide sequence of a plasmid, pKJ50, isolated from an intestinal bacterium, Bifidobacterium longum KJ, has been determined. The plasmid was analysed and found to be 4960 bp in size with a G+C content of 61.7 mol%. Computer analysis of sequence data revealed three major ORFs encoding putative proteins of 31.5 (ORFI), 24.5 (ORFII) and 38.6 kDa (ORFIII). ORFI encodes a protein with a pI of 10.18 and shows relatively high amino acid sequence similarity (more than 60%) with several plasmid replication proteins from Gram-positive and -negative bacteria. Southern blot analysis showed that pKJ50 accumulates an ssDNA intermediate, suggesting that it replicates by a rolling-circle mechanism. Upstream of ORFI, three sets of repeated sequences resembling iteron structures of related plasmids were identified. ORFIII encodes a protein with a pI of 10.97. It also shows a high level of amino acid sequence similarity with some plasmid mobilization proteins. Upstream of ORFIII, a 12 bp stretch resembles an oriT DNA sequence with inverted repeats identical to those found in conjugative plasmids. Hydropathy plot analysis of ORFII, encoding an acidic protein (pI = 4.95), suggests it is a transmembrane protein. Several interesting palindromic sequences, repeat sequences and hairpin-loop structures around ORFI, which might confer regulatory effects on the replication of the plasmid, were also noted. Reverse transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR) and in vitro translation confirmed the expression of ORFI and ORFII. RT-PCR produced amplified DNA fragments of the expected sizes, corresponding to ORFI and ORFII. However, no RT-PCR product corresponding to ORFIII was obtained. In vitro translation showed protein bands of the expected sizes, corresponding to each ORF. A shuttle vector capable of transforming Bifidobacterium animalis MB209 was constructed by cloning pKJ50 and a chloramphenicol resistance gene into pBR322. (+info)
Effect of transgalactooligosaccharides on the composition of the human intestinal microflora and on putative risk markers for colon cancer. (5/1007)BACKGROUND: Nondigestible oligosaccharides have been claimed to benefit the health of the colon by selectively stimulating the growth of bifidobacteria and by decreasing the toxicity of the colon contents. OBJECTIVE: We compared the effect of 2 doses of transgalactooligosaccharides and a placebo on the composition and activity of the intestinal microflora in 18 women and 22 men. DESIGN: Strictly controlled experimental diets were supplied to 3 intervention groups in a parallel design. The study was divided into 2 consecutive 3-wk periods during which each participant consumed a run-in diet followed by an intervention diet that differed only in the amount of transgalactooligosaccharides: 0 (placebo), 7.5, and 15 g/d. Breath samples and fecal samples were collected at the end of both the run-in and intervention periods. RESULTS: Apparent fermentability of transgalactooligosaccharides was 100%. The highest dose of transgalactooligosaccharides significantly increased the concentration of breath hydrogen by 130% (P < 0.01) and the nitrogen density of the feces by 8.5% (P < 0.05). The number of bifidobacteria increased after both placebo and transgalactooligosaccharides ingestion, but the differences between these increases were not significantly different. Transgalactooligosaccharides did not significantly affect bowel habits; stool composition; the concentration of short-chain fatty acids or bile acids in fecal water; the concentration of ammonia, indoles, or skatoles in feces; fecal pH; or the composition of the intestinal microflora. CONCLUSION: We conclude that transgalactooligosaccharides are completely fermented in the human colon, but do not beneficially change the composition of the intestinal microflora, the amount of protein fermentation products in feces, or the profile of bile acids in fecal water. (+info)
T cell specificity and cross reactivity towards enterobacteria, bacteroides, bifidobacterium, and antigens from resident intestinal flora in humans. (6/1007)BACKGROUND: T cell responses to normal intestinal bacteria or their products may be important in the immunopathogenesis of chronic enterocolitis. AIMS: To investigate the T cell specificity and cross reactivity towards intestinal bacteria. PATIENTS/METHODS: T cell clones were isolated with phytohaemagglutinin from peripheral blood and biopsy specimens of inflamed and non-inflamed colon from five patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and two controls. T cell clones were restimulated with anaerobic Bacteroides and Bifidobacteria species, enterobacteria, and direct isolates of aerobic intestinal flora. T cell phenotype was analysed by single-cell immunocyte assay. RESULTS: Analysis of 96 T cell clones isolated from peripheral blood and biopsy specimens from two patients with IBD showed that both Bifidobacterium and Bacteroides species specifically stimulate proliferation of CD4+TCRalphabeta+ T cell clones from both sites and that cross reactivity exists between these anaerobic bacteria and different enterobacteria. Analysis of 210 T cell clones isolated from three patients with IBD and two controls showed that indigenous aerobic flora specifically stimulate T cell clones from peripheral blood and biopsy specimens from a foreign subject. Some of these flora specific T cell clones were cross reactive with defined enterobacteria. In addition, T cell clones stimulated by their own indigenous aerobic flora were identified in patients with IBD. CONCLUSION: Immune responses to antigens from the intestinal microflora involve a complex network of T cell specificities. (+info)
Ability of lactoferrin to promote the growth of Bifidobacterium spp. in vitro is independent of receptor binding capacity and iron saturation level. (7/1007)Lactoferrin (Lf) is an iron-binding protein which has been shown to inhibit the growth of various bacterial pathogens and promote the growth of anaerobic bacteria of the genus Bifidobacterium in vitro. The present study was designed to investigate whether the bifidobacteria growth promotion activity of Lf is correlated with either the binding of Lf to bifidobacterial cells or the iron saturation of Lf. Bovine Lf (bLf) from mature milk increased the growth of B. infantis and B. breve in vitro in a dose-dependent fashion, while much less growth promotion activity was found for B. bifidum. In contrast, human Lf (huLf) from mature milk promoted the growth of B. bifidum and was inactive for B. infantis and B. breve, while bLf from colostrum was devoid of bifidobacteria growth promotion activity. Changes in the iron content of Lf did not alter the bifidobacteria growth promotion activity of either bLf or huLf preparations. Competitive binding studies with biotinylated milk bLf showed that binding of bLf was inhibited by unlabelled bLf and huLf but not by beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin or transferrin. Binding of bLf to B. bifidum and B. breve was c. 40-fold higher than binding to Escherichia coli. Colostrum bLf was also found to bind to B. bifidum and B. breve, despite a lack of in-vitro growth promotion activity. Collectively, these results demonstrate that the ability of Lf to promote the growth of Bifidobacterium spp. in vitro is independent of the iron saturation level for Lf and suggest that binding of Lf to bifidobacteria cells may be involved but is not sufficient for stimulation of bifidobacterial growth. (+info)
Complementary effects of bifidogenic growth stimulators and ammonium sulfate in natural rubber serum powder on Bifidobacterium bifidum. (8/1007)Natural rubber serum powder, rich in crude protein and carbohydrates, had a strong growth-stimulating activity for Bifidobacterium bifidum JCM 1254, which was unable to grow in a fully synthetic medium, B12 assay medium. Natural rubber serum powder was fractionated by ultrafiltration (molecular weight cutoff 1000). The active ultrafiltrate was further concentrated and desalted with an adsorptive microconcentrator, which adsorbs virtually all amino acids and peptides. Through this purification step, it was found that the adsorbed fraction obtained did not stimulate growth independently but acted complementarily with a small amount of ammonium sulfate. The adsorbed fraction was subsequently analyzed on reversed-phase high pressure liquid chromatography, and the activities of the eluates were measured on B12 assay medium with ammonium sulfate. Consequently, it was proved that several peptidic ingredients in the adsorbed fraction increased the growth of B. bifidum. (+info)
Bifidobacterium adolescentis Reuter ATCC ® 15703D-5™
Bifidobacterium adolescentis ATCC ® 15703D-5™ Designation: Genomic DNA from Bifidobacterium adolescentis strain E194a (Variant a) TypeStrain=True Application:
Bifidobacterium animalis - Wikipedia
Bifidobacterium animalis is a gram-positive, anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium which can be found in the large intestines of most mammals, including humans. Bifidobacterium animalis and Bifidobacterium lactis were previously described as two distinct species. Presently, both are considered B. animalis with the subspecies Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. animalis and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis. Both old names B. animalis and B. lactis are still used on product labels, as this species is frequently used as a probiotic. In most cases, which subspecies is used in the product is not clear. Several companies have attempted to trademark particular strains, and as a marketing technique, have invented scientific-sounding names for the strains. Danone (Dannon) markets the subspecies strain DN 173 010 as Bifidus Digestivum (UK), Bifidus Regularis (US and Mexico), Bifidobacterium Lactis or B.L. Regularis (Canada), DanRegularis (Brazil), Bifidus Actiregularis (Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, ...
eCite - Adhesion Properties of Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum G4 and Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on HT-29 Human Epithelium...
Adhesion Properties of Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum G4 and Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on HT-29 Human Epithelium Cell Line at Different Times and pH
Consumption of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 in yogurt reduced expression of TLR-2 on peripheral blood-derived...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Consumption of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 in yogurt reduced expression of TLR-2 on peripheral blood-derived monocytes and pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion in young adults. AU - Meng, Huicui. AU - Ba, Zhaoyong. AU - Lee, Yujin. AU - Peng, Jiayu. AU - Lin, Junli. AU - Fleming, Jennifer A.. AU - Furumoto, Emily J.. AU - Roberts, Robert F.. AU - Kris-Etherton, Penny M.. AU - Rogers, Connie J.. PY - 2017/3/1. Y1 - 2017/3/1. N2 - Purpose: Probiotic bacteria modulate immune parameters and inflammatory outcomes. Emerging evidence demonstrates that the matrix used to deliver probiotics may influence the efficacy of probiotic interventions in vivo. The aims of the current study were to evaluate (1) the effect of one species, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 at a dose of log10 ± 0.5 CFUs/day on immune responses in a randomized, partially blinded, 4-period crossover, free-living study, and (2) whether the immune response to BB-12 differed depending on the ...
Consumption of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 impacts upper respiratory tract infection and the function of NK...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Consumption of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 impacts upper respiratory tract infection and the function of NK and T cells in healthy adults. AU - Meng, Huicui. AU - Lee, Yujin. AU - Ba, Zhaoyong. AU - Peng, Jiayu. AU - Lin, Junli. AU - Boyer, Alexander S.. AU - Fleming, Jennifer A.. AU - Furumoto, Emily J.. AU - Roberts, Robert F.. AU - Kris-Etherton, Penny M.. AU - Rogers, Connie J.. PY - 2016/5/1. Y1 - 2016/5/1. N2 - Scope: Probiotics can modulate immunity and reduce upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) in humans; however few studies have examined both outcomes in the same trial. The goal of the current study was to investigate the effect of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12, on natural killer (NK) and T-cell function in conjunction with self-reported cold/flu outcomes in healthy adults. Methods and results: In a randomized, partially blinded, four-period crossover study, healthy adults (n = 30) were recruited, and received four treatments for 4 ...
Frontiers | Bifid Shape Is Intrinsic to Bifidobacterium adolescentis | Microbiology
Although the genus Bifidobacterium was originally named for its bifid morphology, not all bifidobacterial species have a similar structure and very few of them adopt a bifid shape under stress conditions. Some adopt a bifid shape after 36 h of growth, before which they retain the rod form. Most Bifidobacterial species are anaerobic and rod-shaped, whereas after the first generation, they become microaerophilic or aerophilic. CaCl2 (treatment of B. animalis) signaling triggered a change from the rod shape to the bifid shape and bifid to rod in B. adolescentis. The exposure of B. adolescentis and other bifidobacterial species to various conditions, such as different pHs, temperatures, medium components, in vivo growth in Caenorhabditis elegans, and subculture, did not affect their diverse morphologies. Extensive scanning electron microscopy studies suggested that the bifid shape of B. adolescentis are maintained irrespective of the conditions, so this morphology is intrinsic to B. adolescentis.
Sucrose Phosphorylase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis - [scite report]
Sucrose Phosphorylase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis - Michael Gajhede, D. Sprogoe, Alphons G. J. Voragen, Lars K. Skov, Jette S. Kastrup, L.A.M. van den Broek, O. Mirza
Insights into physiological traits of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 through membrane proteome analysis - DTU...
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 is a widely used probiotic strain associated with a variety of health-promoting traits. There is, however, only limited knowledge available regarding the membrane proteome and the proteins involved in oligosaccharide transport in BB-12. We applied two enrichment strategies to improve the identification of membrane proteins from BB-12 cultures grown on glucose and on xylo-oligosaccharides, the latter being an emerging prebiotic substrate recently reported to be fermented by BB-12. Our approach encompassed consecutive steps of detergent- and carbonate-treatment in order to generate inside-out membrane vesicles and to interfere with binding of membrane-associated proteins to the membrane, respectively. Proteins in the enriched membrane fraction and membrane-associated fraction were digested by lysyl endopeptidase and trypsin followed by peptide sequencing by LC-ESI-Q-TOF MS/MS. Ninety of a total of 248 identified unique proteins were predicted to possess ...
Biomix Probiotic - Best Probiotic Yogurt Starter Cultures
A complex of selected strains of the species: Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei sp. Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium complex, Streptococcus thermophilus. They work together to maintain the balance of intestinal microflora, inhibit the growth of undesirable species of microorganisms and remove toxins. They improve the immune status and are suitable for prophylaxis of gastrointestinal diseases and after therapy with antibiotics.. Each capsule contains:. Active substance: 240 mg freeze-dried probiotic microorganisms of the types: Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei sp. Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium adolescentis, Streptococcus thermophilus. The viable cells in each capsule (as of the date of manufacture) are over 2 billion.. Indications:. The Lactobacillus, Streptococcus thermophilus ans Bifidobacterium strains which enter in the ...
Probiotic Bifidobacterium strains - Patent # 8709398 - PatentGenius
Probiotic Bifidobacterium strain AH1205 or mutants or variants thereof are immunomodulatory following oral consumption and are useful in the prophylaxis and/or treatment of inflammatory activity such as undesirable gastrointestinal inflammatory activity for example inflammatory bowel disease.
Bifidobacterium animalis - microbewiki
1]Tissier, H. Recherches sur la flore intestinale des nourrissons:(état normal et pathologique) (Doctoral dissertation). 1900.  Ghouri, Yezaz A et al.Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials of Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics in Inflammatory Bowel Disease., Clinical and Experimental Gastroenterology 7. 2014. pp 473-487. PMC. Web. 18 April 2018.  Uemura, Yusuke et al. Chemical structure of the cell wall-associated polysaccharide of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis LKM512, Glycoconjugate Journal. November 2014, vol 31, issue 8, pp 555-561. Web. 18 April. 2018.  Bottacini, Francesca et al. Complete Genome Sequence of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BLC1, Journal of Bacteriology. November 2011. vol 193, issue 22, pp 6387-6388. Web. 18 April. 2018.  Robert Bear, David Rintoul, Bruce Snyder, Martha Smith-Caldas, Christopher Herren, Eva Horne, Principles of Biology. OpenStax CNX. May 13, 2016 ...
CARRIERS FOR STORAGE AND DELIVERY OF BIOLOGICS - Patent application
0056] It is preferred that the probiotic mixture could contain any number of microorganisms and or microbial components, spores, and/or metabolites. Examples of bacterial species that could be used for the probiotic mixture include but are not limited to the group consisting of: Enterococcus faecium, Bacillus licheniformis, Lactococcus lactis, Bacillus subtilis, Bifidobacterium adolescentis, Bifidobacterium animalis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus agilis, Lactobacillus alactosus, Lactobacillus alimentarius, Lactobacillus amylophilus, Lactobacillus amylovorans, Lactobacillus amylovorus, Lactobacillus animalis, Lactobacillus batatas, Lactobacillus bavaricus, Lactobacillus bifermentans, Lactobacillus bifidus, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus buchnerii, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus catenaforme, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus cellobiosus, Lactobacillus collinoides, ...
Align, Bifidobacterium infantis (Bifidobacterium) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more.
Medscape - Indication-specific dosing for Align, Bifidobacterium infantis (Bifidobacterium), frequency-based adverse effects, comprehensive interactions, contraindications, pregnancy & lactation schedules, and cost information.
Clinical Studies Results show Immune Function Can Be Improved by Consumption of DuPont™ Probiotic Strain Bifidobacterium lactis...
A collaborative study by DuPont Nutrition & Health and the University of Reading (UK) on the effect of probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07™ on immune function in healthy elderly subjects has been published in the Journal of Nutritional Science.
BB Probiotic - Best Probiotic Yogurt Starter Cultures
A complex of selected strains of the species Bifidobacterium spp. and Streptococcus thermophilus. Bifidobacterium are part of the natural intestinal microflora of humans from a very young age and play an important role for the maintaining the optimal health status. They are able to pass the gastric barrier, have a good metabolic activity in the ecosystem of intestines, implant on the intestinal walls, inhibit the growth of undesirable species of microorganisms, detoxify the human body and stimulate the immune system. Lowering their levels in the intestinal tract may lead to risk of diseases.. Each capsule contains:. Active substance: 240 mg freeze-dried probiotic microorganisms of the types: Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacteriumadolescentis, Streptococcus thepromphilus.. Indications:. Bifidobacteria are part of the human natural intestinal microbial flora. They are contained in the organism from a very early age and play ...
Bifidobacterium Breve Probiotic China Manufacturers & Suppliers & Factory
Find Bifidobacterium Breve Probiotic Manufacturers & Suppliers from China. We are Professional Manufacturer of Bifidobacterium Breve Probiotic company, Factory & Exporters specialize in Bifidobacterium Breve Probiotic wiht High-Quality.
Increased amount of Bifidobacterium thermacidophilum and Megasphaera elsdenii in the colonic microbiota of pigs fed a swine...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Increased amount of Bifidobacterium thermacidophilum and Megasphaera elsdenii in the colonic microbiota of pigs fed a swine dysentery preventive diet containing chicory roots and sweet lupine. AU - Mølbak, Lars. AU - Thomsen, L.E.. AU - Jensen, Tim Kåre. AU - Knudsen, K.E.B.. AU - Boye, Mette. PY - 2007. Y1 - 2007. N2 - Aims: To investigate which specific bacterial species that were stimulated or inhibited in the proximal colon of pigs when a fructan-rich diet was compared with a diet that contained resistant carbohydrates. The study focussed especially on Bifidobacterial species by using a noncultureable approach. Methods and Results: Terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) was used to describe differences in the total colonic microbiota as well as in the populations of Bifidobacterium spp. in pigs fed with a fructan-rich diet and a diet containing resistant carbohydrates. The fructan-rich diet has previously been shown to prevent swine dysentery caused by ...
Fecal Microbiota Composition Differs Between Children With β-Cell Autoimmunity and Those Without | Diabetes
The role of the intestinal microbiota as a regulator of autoimmune diabetes in animal models is well-established, but data on human type 1 diabetes are tentative and based on studies including only a few study subjects. To exclude secondary effects of diabetes and HLA risk genotype on gut microbiota, we compared the intestinal microbiota composition in children with at least two diabetes-associated autoantibodies (n = 18) with autoantibody-negative children matched for age, sex, early feeding history, and HLA risk genotype using pyrosequencing. Principal component analysis indicated that a low abundance of lactate-producing and butyrate-producing species was associated with β-cell autoimmunity. In addition, a dearth of the two most dominant Bifidobacterium species, Bifidobacterium adolescentis and Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum, and an increased abundance of the Bacteroides genus were observed in the children with β-cell autoimmunity. We did not find increased fecal calprotectin or IgA as ...
Bifidobacterium bifidum - Wikipedia
Bifidobacterium bifidum is a bacterial species of the Bifidobacterium genus. B. bifidum is one of the most common probiotic bacteria that can be found in the body of mammals, including humans. Since B. bifidum is a Gram-positive bacterium that is not motile, anaerobic, and not spore-forming. The bacterium is rod-shaped and can be found living in clusters, pairs, or even independently. The majority of the population of B. bifidum is found in the colon, lower small intestine, breast milk, and often in the vagina. The use of B. bifidum in probiotic applications may reduce the chances of acute diarrhea and the risk of E. coli infections, and contributes to the maintenance of vaginal homeostasis. The manipulation of the gut flora is complex and may cause bacteria-host interactions. Although probiotics, in general, are considered safe, there are concerns about their use in certain cases. Some people, such as those with compromised immune systems, short bowel syndrome, central venous ...
Bifidobacterium - microbewiki
While Bifidobacterium infantis, B. brevi, and B. longum are the largest group of bacteria in the intestine of infants, Bifidobacteria are said to be only the 3rd or 4th largest group in adults (and comprise only 3-6% of adult fecal flora). The number of Bifidobacteria actually decline in the human body with age. In infants who are breast-fed, Bifidobacteria constitute about 90% of their intestinal bacteria; however, this number is lower in bottle-fed infants. When breast-fed infants diets are changed to cows milk and solid food, Bifidobacteria are joined by rising numbers of other bacteria found in the human body such as Bacteroides and Streptococci lactobacilli. The lower number of Bifidobacteria in formula-fed babies might account for a higher risk of diarrhea and allergies that is usually associated with babies who arent breast-fed; in addition, because Bifidobacteria produces lactic acid instead of gas (like E. coli), infants and people in general with more Bifidobacteria than other ...
Crystal Structures of a Glycoside Hydrolase Family 20 lacto-N-biosidase from Bifidobacterium bifidum<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Crystal Structures of a Glycoside Hydrolase Family 20 lacto-N-biosidase from Bifidobacterium bifidum. AU - Ito, T.. AU - Katayama, T.. AU - Hattie, M.. AU - Sakurama, H.. AU - Wada, J.. AU - Suzuki, R.. AU - Ashida, H.. AU - Wakagi, T.. AU - Yamamoto, K.. AU - Stubbs, Keith. AU - Fushinobu, S.. PY - 2013. Y1 - 2013. U2 - 10.1074/jbc.M112.420109. DO - 10.1074/jbc.M112.420109. M3 - Article. C2 - 23479733. VL - 288. SP - 11795. EP - 11806. JO - The Journal of Biological Chemistry. JF - The Journal of Biological Chemistry. SN - 0021-9258. IS - 17. ER - ...
Sucrose phosphorylase 13 A from Bifidobacterium adolescentis, Recombinant(EC. 188.8.131.52) - Creative Enzymes
Sucrose phosphorylase (EC. 184.108.40.206) is an important enzyme in the metabolism of sucrose and regulation of other metabolic intermediates. Sucrose phosphorylase is in the c
Bifidobacterium adolescentis strain 22L, complete genome - Nucleotide - NCBI
Opens the Highlight Feature Bar and highlights feature annotations from the FEATURES table of the record. The Highlight Feature Bar can be used to navigate to and highlight other features and provides links to display the highlighted region separately. Links in the FEATURES table will also highlight the corresponding region of the sequence. More... ...
Bifidobacterium lactis - Nutrivee
B. lactis is a widely used probiotic and is considered a champion among the good bacteria. It has been reclassified by Masco et al. (2004) and has been found to be related to Bifidobacterium animalis at the sup specie level, B. animalis subsp. Lactis. B. lactis is a common inhabitant of the colon and intestines of humans and animals. The use of B. lactis in diets has shown beneficial effects in the treatment of various gluten-based enteropathies. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder which is aggravated by the consumption of gluten-based food products.. According to Lindfors et al. (2008), the oral intake of B. lactis based-probiotics protects the intestinal cells from the toxic effects of gluten enteropathies and inflammatory reactions. The regular consumption of B. lactis aids in controlling abnormal weight gain and diabetes in animal models. Stenman et al. (2014) administered a probiotic based on Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. Lactis 420 to mice, which showed positive results in ...
Imbalances in faecal and duodenal Bifidobacterium species composition in active and non-active coeliac disease | BMC...
Gut bifidobacteria are believed to influence immune-related diseases. The objective of this study was to assess the possible relationships between the gut bifidobacteria composition and coeliac disease (CD) in children. A total of 48 faecal samples (30 and 18 samples from active and no active CD patients, respectively) and 33 duodenal biopsy specimens of CD patients (25 and 8 samples from active and non-active CD patients, respectively) were analysed. Samples (30 faecal samples and 8 biopsies) from a control age-matched group of children were also included for comparative purposes. Gut Bifidobacterium genus and species were analyzed by real-time PCR. Active and non-active CD patients showed lower numbers of total Bifidobacterium and B. longum species in faeces and duodenal biopsies than controls, and these differences were particularly remarkable between active CD patients and controls. B. catenulatum prevalence was higher in biopsies of controls than in those of active and non-active CD patients,
Bifidobacterium Breve Freeze Drying Powder for Children - Bossgoo.com
Bifidobacterium Breve Freeze Drying Powder for Children manufacturing by JiangSu Wecare Biotechnology Co., Ltd.; Product details of China Bifidobacterium Breve Freeze Drying Powder for Children.
The Impact of Oligosaccharides and Bifidobacteria on the Intestinal Microflora of Premature Infants - Full Text View -...
To determine the optimum dose and optimum dietary supplement to promote a fecal microflora in the formula fed premature infant that is similar to that of the term breast fed infant (a predominance of bifidobacteria). In the initial phase of this trial, 30 premature infants will be randomly assigned to receive increasing doses of one of four dietary supplements: Permeate (a pasteurized human milk concentrate containing human milk oligosaccharides processed by Prolacta), GOS (galacto-oligosaccharides manufactured by Friesland foods), Bifidobacterium infantis or Bifidobacterium animalis. Weekly stool specimens will be examined by PCR to determine content of bifidobacteria and total bacteria. This study is limited to formula fed infants in order to avoid the confounding effects of the human milk oligosaccharides in breast milk. An additional 12 human milk fed infants will be enrolled and will have their diet supplemented with ProlactPlus (a pasteurized human milk concentrate containing humna milk ...
Protexin Restore (Bifidobacterium Breve; Bifidobacterium Infantis; Fructooligosaccharides...) Probiotics International
Protexin Restore information about active ingredients, pharmaceutical forms and doses by Probiotics International, Protexin Restore indications, usages and related health products lists
Transcription of two adjacent carbohydrate utilization gene clusters in Bifidobacterium breve UCC2003 is controlled by LacI-...
Members of the genus Bifidobacterium are commonly found in the gastrointestinal tracts of mammals, including humans, where their growth is presumed to be dependent on various diet- and/or host-derived carbohydrates. To understand transcriptional control of bifidobacterial carbohydrate metabolism, we investigated two genetic carbohydrate utilization clusters dedicated to the metabolism of ... read more raffinose-type sugars and melezitose. Transcriptomic and gene inactivation approaches revealed that the raffinose utilization system is positively regulated by an activator protein, designated RafR. The gene cluster associated with melezitose metabolism was shown to be subject to direct negative control by a LacI-type transcriptional regulator, designated MelR1, in addition to apparent indirect negative control by means of a second LacI-type regulator, MelR2. In silico analysis, DNA-protein interaction, and primer extension studies revealed the MelR1 and MelR2 operator sequences, each of which is ...
Probiotic - BIFIDOBACTERIUM INFANTIS 10 BILLION CFU/GM - Gee Lawson Nutritional
Any information or recommendations made for use of Sellers materials do not affect in any way Buyers obligation to examine and/or test the Sellers goods with regard to their suitability for Buyers purposes especially with regard to consumer use. No information given by the Seller is to be construed in any way as a guarantee regarding characteristics or duration of use, unless such information has been explicitly given as a guarantee. All information from Gee Lawson is for business use only and not for consumer use. Gee Lawson are a division of LEHVOSS (UK) Ltd. Information on this website pertaining to health claims as defined in regulation EC 1924/2006 is not for consumer use unless specifically mentioned ...
KEGG PATHWAY: Nucleotide excision repair - Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. animalis ATCC 25527
Nucleotide excision repair (NER) is a mechanism to recognize and repair bulky DNA damage caused by compounds, environmental carcinogens, and exposure to UV-light. In humans hereditary defects in the NER pathway are linked to at least three diseases: xeroderma pigmentosum (XP), Cockayne syndrome (CS), and trichothiodystrophy (TTD). The repair of damaged DNA involves at least 30 polypeptides within two different sub-pathways of NER known as transcription-coupled repair (TCR-NER) and global genome repair (GGR-NER). TCR refers to the expedited repair of lesions located in the actively transcribed strand of genes by RNA polymerase II (RNAP II). In GGR-NER the first step of damage recognition involves XPC-hHR23B complex together with XPE complex (in prokaryotes, uvrAB complex). The following steps of GGR-NER and TCR-NER are similar ...
Morinaga Milks Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum BB536 Achieves Self-Affirmed GRAS for Infants in Celebration of Its 50th...
TOKYO--(Business Wire/Korea Newswire) July 10, 2019 -- Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:2264), a leading Japanese dairy product company, today announced its proprietary probiotic Morinaga Bifidobact
PROBIOTIC BIFIDOBACTERIUM STRAINS - Patent application
0141] 1. McCracken V. J. and Gaskins H. R. Probiotics and the immune system. In: Probiotics a critical review, Tannock, G W (ed), Horizon Scientific Press, UK. 1999, p. 85-113.  2. Savage D. C. Interaction between the host and its microbes. In: Microbial Ecology of the Gut, Clark and Bauchop (eds), Academic Press, London. 1977, p. 277-310.  3. Kagnoff M. F. Immunology of the intestinal tract. Gastroenterol. 1993; 105 (5): 1275-80.  4. Lamm M. E. Interaction of antigens and antibodies at mucosal surfaces. Ann. Rev. Microbiol. 1997; 51: 311-40.  5. Raychaudhuri S., Rock K L. Fully mobilizing host defense: building better vaccines. Nat biotechnol., 1998; 16: 1025-31.  6. Stallmach A., Strober W, MacDonald T T, Lochs H, Zeitz M. Induction and modulation of gastrointestinal inflammation. Immunol. Today, 1998; 19 (10): 438-41.  7. de Waal Malefyt R, Haanen J, Spits H, Roncarolo M G, te Velde A, Figdor C, Johnson K, Kastelein R, Yssel H, de Vries J E. Interleukin 10 ...
Oral administration of Bifidobacterium bifidum G9-1 alleviates rotavirus gastroenteritis through regulation of intestinal...
Human rotavirus (RV) infection is a leading cause of dehydrating diarrhea in infants and young children worldwide. Since therapeutic approaches to RV gastroenteritis are limited to alleviation of dehydration with oral rehydration solutions, more direct approaches to palliate symptoms of RV gastroenteritis are required. Treatments with probiotics have been increasingly recognized as alternative safe and low cost treatments for moderate infectious diarrhea. In this study, Bifidobacterium bifidum G9-1 (BBG9-1), which has been used as an intestinal drug for several decades, was shown to have a remarkable protective effect against RV gastroenteritis in a suckling mice model. As well as prophylactic oral administration of BBG9-1 from 2 days before RV infection, therapeutic oral administration of BBG9-1 from 1 day after RV infection significantly alleviated RV-induced diarrhea. Therapeutic administration of BBG9-1 reduced various types of damage in the small intestine, such as epithelial vacuolization and
What is Bifidobacterium spp.? High and low values | Lab results explained - HealthMatters.io - Lab results explained
Bifidobacterium bacteria are regarded as a vital part to infant health. They are supposed to prevent the growth of disease-causing bacteria. Mothers milk can help increase the development of Bifidobacterium. As the microbiome matures, Bifidobacterium decreases, and although it is a genus commonly found in the adult gut, its overall level generally makes up less…
Probiotics & Bifidobacterium Infantis its benefits talked on Health Professional Radio
Natasha Trenev, Founder and President of Natren, leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical grade quality probiotics, is here to discuss Bifidobacterium.
Mother-to-infant transmission of intestinal bifidobacterial strains has an impact on the early development of vaginally...
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Buy Align Jr (bifidobacterium infantis) Online | Blink Health
Probiotics contain different types of micro-organisms such as yeast (saccharomyces boulardii) and bacteria (such as lactobacillus, bifidobacterium).
Bifidobacterium - Human Host Interaction: Role of Human Plasminogen
Bifidobacterium is an important genus of the human gastrointestinal microbiota, affecting several host physiological features. Despite the numerous Bifidobacterium related health-promoting activities, there is still a dearth of information about the molecular mechanisms at the basis of the interaction between this microorganism and the host. Bacterial surface associated proteins may play an important role in this interaction because of their ability to intervene with host molecules, as recently reported for the host protein plasminogen. Plasminogen is the zymogen of the trypsin-like serine protease plasmin, an enzyme with a broad substrate specificity. Aim of this thesis is to deepen the knowledge about the interaction between Bifidobacterium and the human plasminogen system and its role in the Bifidobacterium-host interaction process. As a bifidobacterial model, B. animalis subsp. lactis BI07 has been used because of its large usage in dairy and pharmaceutical preparations. We started from the ...
DENTIUM VISITS SCHOOL OF DENTAL SCIENCES
From L - R: Prof. A. Kemoli, Mahmood Elgohary, Dr. R.Mutave, Alex Moon, Dr. B. Mua and Dr. T. Dienya). Dr. Regina Mutave, Dean, School of Dental Sciences received Dentium general manager Mr. Alex Moon and Mahmood Elgohary from the sales department. The two were on a mission to introduce Dentium implant system to dentists in Kenya. They brought with them donations to the School of Dental Sciences including surgical implant kit, prosthetic kit and assortment of accessories used for implant dentistry, with a total value estimated at Kshs. 500,000.00. The school of dental sciences will in conjuction with Dentium host a 5 hour seminar on June 2nd 2017 to provide both lectures and hands on training on the use of Dentium implant systems to students and staff. Further information on this seminar will be communicated in due course.. ...
Similar bifidogenic effects of prebiotic-supplemented partially hydrolyzed infant formula and breastfeeding on infant gut...
The aim of the study was to assess the quantitative and qualitative differences of the gut microbiota in infants. We evaluated gut microbiota at the age of 6 months in 32 infants who were either exclusively breast-fed, formula-fed, nursed by a formula supplemented with prebiotics (a mixture of fructo- and galacto-oligosaccharides) or breast-fed by mothers who had been given probiotics. The Bifidobacterium, Bacteroides, Clostridium and Lactobacillus/Enterococcus microbiota were assessed by the fluorescence in situ hybridization, and Bifidobacterium species were further characterized by PCR. Total number of bifidobacteria was lower among the formula-fed group than in other groups (P= 0.044). Total amounts of the other bacteria were comparable between the groups. The specific Bifidobacterium microbiota composition of the breast-fed infants was achieved in infants receiving prebiotic supplemented formula. This would suggest that early gut Bifidobacterium microbiota can be modified by special diets ...
Probiotic 11 (90 Caps) | Oil Blends
Medicinal Ingredients: Each capsule contains:Lactobacillus rhamnosus (ATCC 7469) 800 million cfu, Bifidobacterium bifidum (ATCC 15696) 600 million cfu, Lactobacillus acidophilus (4356) 600 million cfu, Lactobacillus plantarum (ATCC 14917) 600 million cfu, Bifidobacterium infantis (ATCC 15697) 400 million cfu, Bifidobacterium longum (ATCC 15707) 400 million cfu, Lactobacillus casei (ATCC 393) 400 million cfu, Lactobacillus salivarius (ATCC 11741) 400 million cfu. Non-medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin capsule, inulin, cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), fructooligosaccharides, lactobacillus bulgaricus, streptococcus thermophiles, lactobacillus helveticus.. ...
Probiotics - Natural Factors - Dr. Murrays Ultimate Probiotic Childrens Formula Strawberry Powder 2 oz
Natural Factors NEW Childrens Multi Probiotic Powder (strawberry) (60 g) Non Kosher Get effective gentle relief for tummy upsets, constipation and diarrhea. With 3 billion live micro-organisms per serving, this combination of Bifido and Lactobacillus is perfect to ease a childs digestion. Supplement Information Amount Per Serving Serving Size 1/2 teaspoon , 1 gram Servings per Container 60 A Proprietary Blend Bifidobacterium bifidum - 0.6 billion Bifidobacterium breve - 0.6 billion Bifidobacterium infantis - 0.3 billion Lactobacillus acidophilus - 0.3 billion Lactobacillus lactis - 0.3 billion Lactobacillus fermentum - 0.15 billion Lactobacillus rhamnosus - 0.75 billion Other Ingredients: Colostrum natural strawberry flavor, beef powder, ascorbic acid, maltodextrine.Contains trace amounts of milk.
FAQ - BioticFoods
A large number of strains of bacteria is not always beneficial and justified, i.e. in the case of probiotic bacteria a large variety does not always equal a better pro-health effect. Despite the enormous natural diversity of microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract, it is estimated that in healthy people there are about 4 species of bacteria of the genera Bifidobacterium sp. and Lactobacillus sp. and Lactobacillus sp. Of course, this does not mean that each of us has the same 4 species of bacteria from the genera Lactobacillus sp. and Bifidobacterium sp. in our intestines, because there is the so-called individual variability. In practice, this means that we isolate different species of bacteria belonging to the genera Lactobacillus sp. and Bifidobacterium sp. from individuals. It is also more important to select such representatives of these rows so that their properties are desired and not their number. We must remember that the properties of a given bacterium do not depend on their ...
43 11. Moro G, Minoli I, Mosca M, Fanaro S, Jelinek J, Stahl B, Boehm G: Dosagerelated bifidogenic effects of galactoand fructooligosaccharides in formula -fed term infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2002, 34(3):291295. 12. Ben XM, Li J, Feng ZT, Shi SY, Lu YD, Chen R, Zhou XY: Low level of galactooligosaccharide in infant formula stimulates growth of intestinal Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. World J Gastroenterol 2008, 14(42):65646568. 13. Bouhnik Y, Raskine L, Simoneau G, Vicaut E, Neut C, Flourie B, Brouns F, Bornet FR: The capacity of nondigestible carbohydrates to stimulate feca l bifidobacteria in healthy humans: a double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, dose-response relation study. Am J Clin Nutr 2004, 80(6):16581664. 14. Tzortzis G, Goulas AK, Gee JM, Gibson GR: A novel galactooligosaccharide mixture increas es the bifidobacterial population numbers in a continuous in vitro fermentation system and in the proximal colonic contents of pigs in vivo. J Nutr 2005, ...
Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus Infant, Probiotics Drops, 1 Billion , 0.51 fl oz (15 ml) - iHerb
Bifidobacterium Longum Subsp. Infantis M-63. Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis (B. infantis) is associated with improved growth, the development of intestinal membrane integrity, and is critical for developing immune function. B. infantis is the predominant intestinal organism found in breast-fed infants. B. infantis M-63 was isolated from a healthy infant and clinically proven to colonize the intestines of infants.. B. infantis is the only bacterial species able to take up and metabolize all Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) which allows B. infantis to outcompete other bacterial species.. Jarro-Dophilus® Infant is formulated with Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), which are naturally present in breast milk and are more easily absorbed by the newborns immature digestive system.. The Developing Intestinal Microflora of Newborns is up to 90% B. Infantis.. Strains Matter™. When it comes to effective probiotics, clinically documented Strains Matter™.. Live Bacteria Guarantee. Jarrow ...
Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 protects against pathogen-induced NF-κB activation in vivo - Zurich Open Repository and Archive
RESULTS: Following 4 hours of infection with Salmonella typhimurium, NF-κB activation was significantly elevated in vivo in placebo and Enterococcus faecium-fed animals while Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 consumption significantly attenuated the NF-κB response. In vitro anti-CD3/CD28 stimulated Peyers patch cells secreted significantly less TNF-α and IFN-γ following Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 consumption. Stimulated cells released more IL-12p70 but this difference did not reach statistical significance. No alteration in mucosal IL-6, IL-10 or MCP-1 levels were observed. No statistically significant change in the cytokine profile of mesenteric lymph node cells was noted. In vitro, Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 was bound by dendritic cells and induced secretion of both IL-10 and IL-12p70. In addition, co-culture of CD4+ T cells with Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7-stimulated dendritic cells resulted in a significant increase in CD25+Foxp3+ T cell numbers ...
Bifidobacterium infantis/lactobacillus acidophilus Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com
Learn about the potential side effects of bifidobacterium infantis/lactobacillus acidophilus. Includes common and rare side effects information for consumers and healthcare professionals.
Enhancing Immunity by Dietary Consumption of a Probiotic Lactic Acid Bacterium (Bifidobacterium Lactis Hn019): Optimization and...
Objective: To define the cellular basis for immune enhancement by a probiotic lactic acid bacteria strain ( Bifidobacterium lactis HN019); and to determine whether immune enhancement can be optimized by delivery in oligosaccharide-enriched low-fat milk. Design: A double- blind, three- stage before-and-after intervention trial. Setting: Taipei Medical College Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan. Subjects: Fifty healthy Taiwanese citizens (age range 41-81; median 60) randomly allocated to two groups. Interventions: In stage 1 (run-in control stage) all subjects consumed reconstituted low- fat milk (LFM) for 3 weeks; in stage 2 ( probiotic intervention) subjects consumed B. lactis in LFM ( group A) or B. lactis in lactose-hydrolysed LFM (group B) for 3 weeks; in stage 3 all subjects returned to non- supplemented LFM for a further 3 weeks (washout stage). The innate immune functions of two different leucocyte types ( polymorphonuclear (PMN) cells and natural killer (NK) cells) were assessed at four time points ...
Bifidobacterium eulemuris sp. nov., isolated from faeces of black lemurs (Eulemur macaco) | Microbiology Society
Forty-three strains of bifidobacteria were isolated from the faeces of two adult black lemurs, Eulemur macaco. Thirty-four were identified as Bifidobacterium lemurum, recently described in Lemur catta. The nine remaining isolates were Gram-positive-staining, non-spore-forming, fructose-6-phosphate phosphoketolase-positive, microaerophilic, irregular rod-shaped bacteria that often presented Y- or V-shaped cells. Typing techniques revealed that these isolates were nearly identical, and strain LMM_E3T was chosen as a representative and characterized further. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences clustered this isolate inside the genus Bifidobacterium and showed the highest levels of sequence similarity with B. lemurum DSM 28807T (99.3 %), with Bifidobacterium pullorum LMG 21816T and Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis ATCC 15697T (96.4 and 96.3 %, respectively) as the next most similar strains. The hsp60 gene sequence of strain LMM_E3T showed the highest similarity to that of
KEGG PATHWAY: Methane metabolism - Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12
Methane is metabolized principally by methanotrophs and methanogens in the global carbon cycle. Methanotrophs consume methane as the only source of carbon, while methanogens produce methane as a metabolic byproduct. Methylotrophs, which are microorganisms that can obtain energy for growth by oxidizing one-carbon compounds, such as methanol and methane, are situated between methanotrophs and methanogens. Methanogens can obtain energy for growth by converting a limited number of substrates to methane under anaerobic conditions. Three types of methanogenic pathways are known: CO2 to methane [MD:M00567], methanol to methane [MD:M00356], and acetate to methane [MD:M00357]. Methanogens use 2-mercaptoethanesulfonate (CoM; coenzyme M) as the terminal methyl carrier in methanogenesis and have four enzymes for CoM biosynthesis [MD:M00358]. Coenzyme B-Coenzyme M heterodisulfide reductase (Hdr), requiring for the final reaction steps of methanogenic pathway, is divided into two types: cytoplasmic HdrABC in ...
Description of a new species, Bifidobacterium crudilactis sp. nov., isolated from raw milk and raw milk cheeses. - Delcenserie...
en] A new Bifidobacterium species is described based on the study of ten Gram-positive strains with fructose-6-phosphate phosphoketolase activity. They are part of a phenotypic group comprising 141 strains isolated from raw milk and raw milk cheeses in French raw milk cheese factories. This group was separated by a numerical analysis based on API 50CH, API 32A tests and growth at 46 degrees C. A strong similarity of 16S rRNA sequences (99.8%) was shown between strain FR62/b/3(T) and Bifidobacterium psychraerophilum LMG 21775(T). However, low DNA-DNA relatedness was observed between their DNAs (31%). The new isolates are able to grow at low temperatures (all ten strains up to 5 degrees C) and strain FR62/b/3(T) grows under aerobic conditions, as does B. psychraerophilum. However, contrary to B. psychraerophilum, they do not ferment L-arabinose, D-xylose, arbutin or melezitose, but they do acidify lactose. The DNA G+C content of FR62/b/3(T) is 56.4mol%. Therefore, the name Bifidobacterium ...
Antiviral Activity of 2-Acetylpyridine Thiosemicarbazones Against Herpes Simplex Virus | Herpes Advice
Our data demonstrate that BAF can impair HSV-1 infection in a manner regulated by localization and/or phosphorylation, thus paralleling how BAFs anti-poxviral activity is modulated. In vivo toxicity was assessed on skin tissues of mice after mice treatment with whole latex and processing for histology. The results of this work are in agreement with previous randomized, double-blind versus placebo multicentre studies examining the effects of 72 mg of PAC-standardized cranberry. HE staining also showed that in 5mg/kg CV-N and 10mg/kg CV-N treated groups, the brain cells did not show visible changes, except for a slight inflammation. The Bifidobacterium adolescentis SPM 0214 used in this study through the screening of 23 Bifidobacterium spp. We propose that upon HSV-1 stimulation, RIP3 promotes the recruitment of TBK1 to STING, which leads to TBK1-mediated IRF3 activation and subsequent type I IFN secretion. A concentration of 50μM TF3 and above was sufficient to inhibit >99% of the production of ...
FloraBEAR - Probiotics | Renew Life Canada
FloraBEAR is a blend of probiotics (good bacteria) specifically formulated for the intestinal tract and colon of children. FloraBEAR is a chewable tablet with citrus flavour from real orange and tangerine for a taste that children will enjoy. Kids love the fun bear shape!. FloraBEAR is a blend of 4 resident strains of probiotics normally found in children: Bifidobacterium Infantis, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Longum. These 4 probiotics work synergistically to help ensure a healthy microbacterial environment in the intestinal tract.. The term probiotic means supporting life. Probiotics are friendly, beneficial bacteria. These bacteria are normal inhabitants of the large and small intestines and are an important part of a healthy digestive system. Recent research shows that probiotics help improve gastrointestinal function, respiratory and allergy response, as well as help to counter the negative effects of antibiotic use.. Further, these beneficial bacteria ...
Food Hypersensitivity: Multi-strain probiotic
This study evaluates the addition of three probiotics (Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve and Bifidobacterium infantis) in the treatment of pediatric food allergic children to milk or egg. The allergic participants will receive the probiotics, while other two populations age and sex matched of not confirmed allergic and healthy children will not receive probiotics.
Two Supplemented Against Skin Reactivity - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
In recent decades, the incidence of subjects presenting reactive skin has considerably increased in industrialized countries. Probiotics are live microorganisms which, when ingested in sufficient amounts, have beneficial effects on human health. The mechanism underlying the effect of probiotics involves, in part, regulation of the composition and/or metabolic activity of the intestinal microbiota.. It is postulated that following interaction of probiotics with the intestinal epithelium, associated intestinal cells become activated and consequently mediators are released into the blood circulation. Mediators, activated intestinal epithelial cells and possibly bacterial fractions might reach the skin through the bloodstream where they potentially could exert effects.The objective of this study was to assess the effects of probiotics on reactive skin symptoms. The strain Lactobacillus paracasei NCC2461 was tested alone and in combination with the strain Bifidobacterium longum NCC3001 in a ...
Bifidobacterium thermophilum RBL67 impacts on growth and virulence gene expression of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica...
Bifidobacterium thermophilum RBL67 (RBL67), a human fecal isolate and health promoting candidate shows antagonistic and protective effects against Salmonella and Listeria spec. in vitro. However, the underlying mechanisms fostering these effects remain unknown. In this study, the interactions of RBL67 and Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium N-15 (N-15) were explored by global transcriptional analysis. Growth experiments were performed in a complex nutritive medium with controlled pH of 6.0 and suitable for balanced growth of both RBL67 and N-15. RBL67 growth was slightly enhanced in presence of N-15. Conversely, N-15 showed reduced growth in the presence of RBL67. Transcriptional analyses revealed higher expression of stress genes and amino acid related function in RBL67 in co-culture with N-15 when compared to mono-culture. Repression of the PhoP regulator was observed in N-15 in presence of RBL67. Further, RBL67 activated virulence genes located on the
Acidophilus/Bifidobacter/FOS 60 cap,Vital Nutrients Health,Lactobacillus company,Bifidobacterium Herbal
Acidophilus/Bifidus/FOS Description In an age where the human body is exposed to a variety of immune insults, from environmental toxins to endogenous parasites, it is important to remember the balance of friendly flora in the large intestine. A healthy balance supports immune function and decreases colony populations of harmful bacteria. FOS, molecules which attract bifidobacteria in the gut, is especially helpful when populations of flora have been decreased from antibiotic use. Signs and Symptoms for Nutrient Applications Beneficial bacteria, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum, are called probiotics. A high-potency, probiotic combination is necessary to rebuild the good bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Probiotic supplementation can be used daily to maintain intestinal integrity, but is also beneficial in inhibiting the growth of bad bacteria, enhancing digestion, increasing resistance to infection or recolonizing the intestines after antibiotic use. Clinical
Can bacterial interference prevent infection? by Tara Koyama, Pirkka V. Kirjavainen et al.
Microbial exposure may direct the immune system away from allergic-type responses, but until now probiotic interventions have had limited success in the prevention and treatment of allergic diseases. In this study, a novel probiotic mixture was specifically created based on preliminary in vitro investigations on pollen-induced immune responses. A mixture with Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and a novel fecal Bifidobacterium adolescentis isolate was formulated into a yogurt and tested for its effects in 36 subjects with allergic rhinitis over 2 pollen seasons in a double-blind, placebocontrolled trial. The new formulation was well tolerated, but did not have significant effects on the quality of life scores, use of antihistamines, or eosinophil cationic protein concentration in nasal lavage. However, at the end of the grass pollen season, serum IL-10 and IL-12 levels were increased in the probiotic group compared to the controls. During the ragweed season, the serum TGF-β levels were significantly higher
O09 - Early supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 reduces eczema prevalence to 6 years: does it also reduce atopic...
The role of probiotics in prevention of allergic disease is still unclear; efficacy may depend on the timing, dose, duration and specific probiotic used. Using a double blind randomized placebo-controlled trial (Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry: ACTRN12607000518460), we have shown that in a high risk birth cohort, maternal supplementation from 35 weeks gestation until 6 months if breastfeeding and infant supplementation from birth until 2 years with Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 (HN001) (6 x 109 cfu/day) halved the cumulative prevalence of eczema at 2 and 4 years. Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis HN019 (HN019) (9 x 109/cfu day) had no significant effect. ...
Yogurt, Whole Milk, Apple, Blueberry, 6+ Months - Wegmans
Apple: Our Family Recipe: Cultured Pasteurized Organic Whole Milk, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Apple Puree, Pectin, Organic Ground Cinnamon, Natural Flavor, Vitamin D3. 6 Live Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium Animalis Lactis BB-12, L. Acidophilus, L. Casei and L. Rhamnosus. Blueberry: Our Family Recipe: Cultured Pasteurized Organic Whole Milk, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Blueberry Juice from Concentrate, Pectin, Organic Fruit and Vegetable Juice Concentrates (for Color), Natural Flavor, Vitamin D3. 6 Live Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium Animalis Lactis BB-12, L. Acidophilus, L. Casei and L. Rhamnosus.. ...
Probiotic Viability Examined
Probiotic Viability Examined August 12/Agriculture Week -- This study investigated the viability of probiotic (Lactobacillus acidophilus LA5, Lactobacillus rhamnosus LBA and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BL-04) in milk fermented with
Wellness for the World: May 2011
The shelf stable (no refrigeration needed) Probiotic G.I. provides 10 billion CFU per capsule of the beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis and Streptococcus thermophilus. Research indicates that these strains provide particular support for a healthy inflammatory balance within the GI tract. Beneficial microflora are crucial for proper gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) function and development. The GALT helps protect intestinal mucosa from allergens and toxins and is a major component of the bodys immune system. It is estimated that more than 70% of the bodys B lymphocytes are found in the GALT. Probiotics are believed to support healthy GALT composition, and in turn, support barrier function, GI epithelial cell health and T cell function within the GI tract. Some probiotic strains may also modulate local production of cytokines in the GI epithelium. L. casei and B. lactis support healthy ...
Multi-loci gene sequencing and identification of bifidobacteria strains isolated from dairy and pharmaceutical sources in South...
The 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis of Bifidobacterium species reveals high interspecies sequence similarity in the range of 87.7-99.5%. This study illustrated the extent of superiority of a multigenic approach, involving protein-coding genes, in comparison to the 16S rRNA gene, to precisely delineate presumptive Bifidobacterium isolates obtained from probiotic milk beverages, culture collections and pharmaceutical probiotic preparations. Oligonucleotide pairs PurF-rev/PurF-uni; RpoCuni/ RpoC-rev; DnaB-uni/DnaB-rev; DnaG-uni/DnaG-rev; and ClpC-uni/ClpC-rev amplified housekeeping genes while 27F/ 1492R amplified the 16S rRNA gene of the presumptive bifidobacteria in a polymerase chain reaction. Sequences of 16S rRNA gene and some protein-coding genes effectively identified the isolates. Phylogenetic analysis together with concatenation showed that clpC, purF and dnaG genes had over 8-fold better discriminatory power than the 16S rRNA gene in discriminating between Bifidobacterium isolates. ...
TMBRA - Rider Board :: View topic - Peptides for injury recovery
Gastrointestinal (GI) ischemia during exercise is associated with luminal permeability and increased systemic lipopolysaccharides (LPS). This study aimed to assess the impact of a multistrain pro/prebiotic/antioxidant intervention on endotoxin unit levels and GI permeability in recreational athletes. Thirty healthy participants (25 males, 5 females) were randomly assigned either a multistrain pro/prebiotic/antioxidant (LAB⁴ANTI; 30 billion CFU day-1 containing 10 billion CFU day-1Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL-60 (NCIMB 30157), 10 billion CFU day-1Lactobacillus acidophillus CUL-21 (NCIMB 30156), 9.5 billion CFU day-1Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL-20 (NCIMB 30172) and 0.5 billion CFU day-1Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis CUL-34 (NCIMB 30153)/55.8 mg day-1fructooligosaccharides/ 400 mg day-1 α-lipoic acid, 600 mg day-1N-acetyl-carnitine); matched pro/prebiotic (LAB⁴) or placebo (PL) for 12 weeks preceding a long-distance triathlon. Plasma endotoxin units (via Limulus amebocyte lysate ...
DC Practice Blog: Necrotizing Enterocolitis and the Preterm Infant
Clinical trials conducted in NICUs using various probiotics are promising. Dani et al. (2002) conducted a prospective, multi-centre, double-blind, randomized study of VLBW preterm infants. The probiotic group (PG) received a dose of 6 x 109 colony-forming units (CFU) of Lactobacillus GG each day (in pasteurized breastmilk or infant formula) until discharge. The incidence of NEC was lower in the PG (1.4 compared to 2.8 percent) but not significant. Bin-Nun et al. (2005) conducted a blinded randomized trial using a different probiotic supplement (ABC Dophilus: Bifidobacteria infantis, Streptococcus thermophilus and Bifidobacteria bifidus at a dose of 1.05 x 109 CFU per day added to breastmilk or enteral formula). Incidence of NEC in the PG was significantly lower (4 percent) than the placebo group (16.4 percent; p=0.03), as was the severity. Two randomized controlled trials, using Infloran (Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium infantis; dosage of 125 mg/kg per dose of 109 CFU twice daily ...
Probiotic of lactobacillis intestinal flora at wholesale price.
Probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium longum flora - Discover how these probiotics build up intestinal flora.
Royal Flora Soil Based Probiotics 450mg 120 Capsules by Dr Clark Zentrum
Royal Flora Soil Based Probiotics 450mg 120 Caps Ingredients: Humic fulvic acids containing soil based microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium licheniformis, Bifidobacterium subtilis), bilberry leaf, ginger rhizome, milk thistle seed, cilantro leaf, hypromellose capsule. Suggested Use: Adults and children 16 or more years of age: 2 capsules daily 20-30 minutes before a meal with a glass of water or as directed. For further information, please view the product label by clicking the blue
Yogurt, Lowfat, Mixed Berry, Black Cherry - Wegmans
6 mixed berry. 6 black cherry. Vit D added. 1.5 milkfat. Grade A. With Bifidus Regularis. Helps regulate your digestive system. No. 1 probiotic yogurt brand (Based on IRI Proactive Health Data Total US Dollar sales over the last 52 weeks.). 2 cups free (Based on a comparison of the average non-promotional price over the last 13 weeks.) vs. price of 3 four packs. A smooth, blended, delicious, lowfat yogurt. Consume daily for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Contains a natural probiotic culture - Bifidus Regularis - (Bifidobacterium lactis DN 173-010) only in Activia. For more details, see inside package, visit us at www.activia.com. Live & Active Cultures (Meets National Yogurt Association criteria for live and active culture yogurt). GF: Certified gluten-free. A product of The Danone Group. Contains the active cultures, L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus and Bifidobacterium Lactis DN 173-010 (Bifidus Regularis). Overwrap made from 100% recycled content. 35% post consumer ...
Herbal Anti Addiction Powder - TheMLM.in
Probiotic Plus Powder has been proved very innovative product due to the presence of good bacteria which plays an important role in physical wellbeing and good health by reducing the growth of harmful products. These bacteria assist the process of digestion, releases nutrients, growth and development and maintain a balanced and healthy system.. Different ingredients and their uses. It contains 5 most viable and stable strains representing the best researched good bacteria. It is an advanced and unique probiotic blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus paracasel, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus plantarum and Bifidobacterium lactis. These are good bacteria used in various health problems, includes:. ...
Leki refundowane - Cena i zamienniki leku lactobacillus acidophilus/bifidobacterium
Sprawdź ile zapłacisz za lek lactobacillus acidophilus/bifidobacterium w aptece, znajdź tańsze zamienniki leku. Określ swoje uprawnienia i sprawdź jakie zniżki Ci przysługują.
Zeeliv (Bifidobacterium Longum; Fructooligosaccharides; Lactobacillus Acidophilus...) Acekinetic Healthcare
Zeeliv information about active ingredients, pharmaceutical forms and doses by Acekinetic Healthcare, Zeeliv indications, usages and related health products lists
Ingredients | Hi-Tek Rations
Ingredients. A. Alfalfa & Alfalfa Leaf. Alfalfa is one of the richest mineral foods containing abundant amounts of trace minerals (zinc, iron and manganese), vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin C), nutrients needed by dogs and cats to sustain wellbeing.. B. Bacillus (Also Bacteria Cultures). Lactobacillus acidophilus, bacillus subtilis, bifidobacterium thermophilum, bifidobacterium longum and enterococcus faecium are active dehydrated cultures added to dog and cat foods after processing. They are activated on ingesting the food and help to maintain normal bacteria balance in the lower intestine. They aid in digestion and reduce the occurrence of diarrhea, contributing to colon and rectum health.. Barley. Whole barley is the whole grain with the hull and bran. It is a good carbohydrate source for energy, B vitamins and fiber for colon health. It is an excellent source of soluble fiber and has been shown to lower cholesterol levels. Barley is a quality grain source and minimizes allergic reactions ...
PROBIOTICS FOR STRESS AND DEPRESSION | Healthy Cocoberry
Received 25 February 2013; received in revised form 12 April 2013; accepted 2 May 2013. published online 11 June 2013.. A psychobiotic is a live organism that, WHEN ingested in adequate amounts, produces a health benefit in patients suffering from psychiatric illness.. As a class of probiotic, these bacteria are capable of producing and delivering neuroactive substances such as gamma-aminobutyric acid and serotonin, which act on the brain. Preclinical evaluation in rodents suggests that certain psychobiotics possess antidepressant or anxiolytic activity. Effects may be mediated via the vagus nerve, spinal cord, or neuroendocrine systems. So far, psychobiotics have been most extensively studied in a liaison psychiatric setting in patients with irritable bowel syndrome, where positive benefits have been reported for a number of organisms including Bifidobacterium infantis. Evidence is emerging of benefits in alleviating symptoms of depression and in chronic fatigue syndrome.. Benefits may be ...
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum review - is this probiotic right for you? - BodyNutrition
Each strain was chosen to be effective, and special priority was given to those with extensive coverage in scientific journals and studies. This research is important: 1MD want to be sure that all ingredients used are safe, effective, and verified.. They also prioritised bile-resistant ingredients, so that they are able to thrive in the gut. This is what the word potent means: lower quality probiotics may not be as resistant to bile and stomach acid, meaning they will struggle to thrive and be effective.. If you look at the list youll see two words crop up quote often: lactobacillus (lactic acid bacteria) and bifidobacteria. These are the two main strains used in many probiotic products (12), thanks to their range of benefits.. In the next section well take a look at each of the probiotic strains, and explore the health benefits associated with each one. Bifidobacterium Lactis. This is a well-known, health-promoting probiotic (13) that has been the subject of hundreds of scientific studies ...
Bifidobacteria - Bifidobacteria Suppliers, Buyers, Wholesalers and Manufacturers - ecplaza.net
Bifidobacteria directory ☆ Bifidobacteria manufacturers, suppliers ☆ Bifidobacteria buyers, importers, wholesalers, distributors
Effects of non-fermented and fermented soybean milk intake on faecal microbiota and faecal metabolites in humans
The effects of non-fermented soybean milk (NFSM) and fermented soybean milk (FSM) intake on the faecal microbiota and metabolic activities in 10 healthy volunteers were investigated. Soybean oligosaccharides, raffinose and stachyose were utilized by bifidobacteria except for Bifidobacterium bifidum, …
Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) and Galactooligosaccharide (GOS) Increase Bifidobacterium but Reduce Butyrate Producing Bacteria...
PubMed Central Canada (PMC Canada) provides free access to a stable and permanent online digital archive of full-text, peer-reviewed health and life sciences research publications. It builds on PubMed Central (PMC), the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature and is a member of the broader PMC International (PMCI) network of e-repositories.
Best antibiotics for acute uti, theralac probiotic ingredients list, probiotics prevent bloating last, good probiotic for...
when to take probiotics for ibs, earths pearl probiotics reviews, are probiotic supplements gluten free 5.0, benefits of lemon ginger probiotic tea, bifidobacterium bifidum and lactobacillus plantarum uses, probiotics prevent bloating last, gnc ultra 100 billion cfus probiotic complex gnc
OrmusTreasure - Ormus Minerals - Probiotic Powder with Fulvic Acid Minerals
Probiotic Blend: Saccharomyces Cervisiae, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacilius Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Bifidium, Bifidobacterium Longum, Bacilus Subtillis, Enzyme Blend: Alpha-Amylase, Protease, Hemi-Cellulase, Phytase, Cellulase, Lipase, Pectinase, Beta-Glucanase, Fulvic Acid Minerals. ...
OrmusColloidals - Ormus Minerals - Probiotic Powder with Fulvic Acid Minerals
Probiotic Blend: Saccharomyces Cervisiae, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacilius Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Bifidium, Bifidobacterium Longum, Bacilus Subtillis, Enzyme Blend: Alpha-Amylase, Protease, Hemi-Cellulase, Phytase, Cellulase, Lipase, Pectinase, Beta-Glucanase, Fulvic Acid Minerals. ...
probiotic micro-organisms Archives - Progressive Radio Network
In 1975, Randy Porubcan received his Masters Degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Since then, he has worked in food and agriculture microbiology for over 30 years. Mr. Porubcan has designed and built fermentation facilities around the world, conducting business in over 30 countries, and has authoring numerous publications and patents. In 2002, Mr. Porubcan founded Master Supplements, Incorporated. The corporations mission is to research naturally occurring, symbiotic, probiotic micro-organisms and bioactive prebiotics and develop high potency nutraceutical products based on this research. ...
Doctor recommends probiotics with antibiotic use - Nutrition Express Articles
Probiotics are microorganisms with potential health benefits. They may help prevent and treat antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) and relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Benjamin Kligler, Vice Chair of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, believes that patients often know more about probiotics than their doctors. Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. Probiotics are good bacteria that help maintain the natural balance in the gut and do not interfere with antibiotics. The most widely studied strains include Lactobacillus species (including L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, L. bulgaricus, L. reuteri and L. casei among others), Bifidobacterium species and Saccharomyces boulardii. Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) are bacteria that infect and inflame the stomach lining. Doctors now believe they are the most common cause of stomach ulcers and may cause stomach cancers. In a probiotics study, 90 children and teens with H. pylori, aged 3 to 18, took daily doses of two ...
Fructooligosaccharide|Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)|Fructo-Oligosaccharides|fructooligosaccharides syrup|fructooligosaccharides...
Orison Chemicals limited,the leading supplier and exporter of Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) syrup and powder with competitive price,the quailty conform to food standards.>
Introduction To Probiotics
Probiotics are microorganisms, usually bacteria, which are healthy for the host organism and are similar to the microorganisms found in the human gut. When administered in sufficient amounts, they provide a health benefit to the host. Lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria are the most common microbes that are used as probiotics. However, there are numerous other strains that can prove beneficial to treating, managing, and preventing certain diseases. ...
Intestinal permeability in pregnancy : dietary and microbial determinants and metabolic consequences
The results show that a richer gut microbiota composition, a higher abundance of Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, a higher dietary intake of fibre and n-3 LCPUFA as well as multiple vitamins and minerals were associated with lower serum zonulin concentration, ie. lower intestinal permeability. Serum zonulin concentration correlated with serum endotoxin activity, markers of low grade inflammation and glucose metabolism in early pregnancy, suggesting that intestinal permeability may be of importance in regulating maternal metabolic health. Serum zonulin concentration increased with pregnancy progress. While Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis 420 and n-3 LC-PUFA enhanced intestinal epithelium in vitro, they had no effect on serum zonulin levels during pregnancy ...
EEA-Lex | European Free Trade Association
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1105 of 8 July 2015 concerning the authorisation of a preparation of Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. animalis DSM 16284, Lactobacillus salivarius ssp. salivarius DSM 16351 and Enterococcus faecium DSM 21913 as a feed additive for chickens reared for laying and minor poultry species other than laying, the authorisation of that feed additive for use in water for drinking for chickens for fattening and amending Regulation (EU) No 544/2013 as regards the maximum content of that feed additive in complete feedingstuff and its compatibility with coccidiostats (holder of the authorisation Biomin GmbH ...
50% van de consulten bij de arts betreffen gastro-intestinale klachten (maagzuur, krampen,constipatie, diarree, winderigheid, (…)); de meerderheid van die klachten wordt loutersymptomatisch behandeld en soms moet de patiënt blijvend pillen slikken of drankjes totzich nemen. Voor een blijvend herstel van een gestoorde darmflora zijn vooral deautochtone (de lichaamseigen) darmbewoners van groot belang. In tegenstelling totallochtone micro-organismen zoals de in gewone yoghurt aanwezige lactobacillus bulgaricusen Streptococcus thermophilus die slechts tijdelijk in de darm blijven, zijn de autochtone instaat zich daar ook op langere termijn te handhaven. Wat de normale darmflora betreft, zijnvooral de Lactobacillus acidophilus en Bifidobacterium bifidum van groot belang. Het isondertussen bekend dat de darmflora grondig gestoord kan zijn na gebruik van eenantibioticum. Ook door verkeerde voedingsgewoonten en door stress kan de darm uitevenwicht geraken. Obstipatie en diarree zijn belangrijke ...
Lactozyme 180T | Biotics Research NW, Inc.
Supplemental source of probiotics including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum organisms. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lindberg - Probiotic 500 Million 100 Capsules - Save 33%
Save 33% Lindberg - Probiotic 500 Million 100 Capsules Probiotic 500 Million 2 Strains of Beneficial Bacteria Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium are two of the primary probiotic strains in the body. They help restore the bodys friendly bacteria to support immune health and intestinal function.* Our capsules have a unique matrix that protects the probiotics until they reach the small intestine where they are released in their biologically active state. Provides equal parts L.acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. To guarantee 500 million CFU at best by date, we encapsulate 1 billion CFU at time of manufacture.
and Bifidobacterium spp. Recent studies have explored mode of action of proteobiotics and their potential benefits in ... Kim, Younghoon; Lee, Jae Won; Kang, Seo-Gu; Oh, Sejong; Griffiths, Mansel W. (2012-10-01). "Bifidobacterium spp. influences the ... Whereas those produced by Bifidobacterium spp. have been shown to impact virulence gene expression in Campylobacter jejuni, ... "Cell-Free Preparations of Lactobacillus acidophilus Strain La-5 and Bifidobacterium longum Strain NCC2705 Affect Virulence Gene ...
Bifidobacterium breve Bifidobacterium infantis Bifidobacterium longum Enterococcus faecalis Lactobacillus acidophilus ... paracasei, Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis and Heat-Treated Lactobacillus plantarum Improves Immune Function Including ...
Moore, W. E. C.; Holdeman, L. V. (1970). "Propionibacterium, Arachnia, Actinomyces, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium". In Cato ...
Veerkamp JH (1974). "Biochemical changes in Bifidobacterium bifidum var. pennsylvanicus after cell-wall inhibition. VI. ...
"Oxalate-degrading activity in Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis: impact of acidic conditions on the transcriptional levels ...
Human milk microbiome
Milk of women with celiac disease is observed to have reduced levels of Bacteroides and Bifidobacterium. Women who are HIV- ... Higher maternal BMI and obesity are associated with changes in the levels of Bifidobacterium and Staphylococcus species and ... Vaginal births is associated with high taxonomic diversity and high prevalence of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus, and the ... The gut microbiome of breastfed infants is less diverse, contains higher amounts of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus species, ...
Helicobacter pylori eradication protocols
Other studies in which Bifidobacterium spp. and Lactobacillus acidophilus have been administered revealed no significant ...
Today, 20,1999, p. 387-390 S.Méance, et al., « Effect of a milk fermented by Bifidobacterium SP. DN-173010 (BIOTM) on the oro- ...
Trindade MI, Abratt VR, Reid SJ (January 2003). "Induction of sucrose utilization genes from Bifidobacterium lactis by sucrose ... "Structural rearrangements of sucrose phosphorylase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis during sucrose conversion". The Journal of ... "Crystal structure of sucrose phosphorylase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis". Biochemistry. 43 (5): 1156-62. doi:10.1021/ ...
List of restriction enzyme cutting sites: Ba-Bc
Khosaka T, Sakurai T, Takahashi H, Saito H (February 1982). "A new site-specific endonuclease Bbei from Bifidobacterium breve ...
In Bifidobacterium bifidum, D-aspartate is formed from L-aspartate via aspartate racemase and used as a cross-linker moiety in ... In 2004, an aspartate racemase was discovered in Bifidobacterium bifidum as a 27 kDa monomer. This protein shares nearly ... "Molecular identification of monomeric aspartate racemase from Bifidobacterium bifidum". European Journal of Biochemistry. 271 ( ...
Lactic acid bacteria
Other probiotic strains used belong to the genus Bifidobacterium). Probiotics have been evaluated in research studies in ... Although lactic acid bacteria are generally associated with the order Lactobacillales, bacteria of the genus Bifidobacterium ( ...
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are the most commonly used probiotic strains. Use of probiotics in psychological states and ...
Bifidobacterium and Clostridium selectively colonize tumors and reduce their size. Recently synthetic biologists reprogrammed ...
In 1957 Peitele found lactulose is a bifidobacterium proliferation factor. In 1964, Hoffman found that only bifidobacteria, ...
By definition, lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium) do not form spores. Therefore, using the name ...
"Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to a combination of Bifidobacterium longum LA 101, ... The isolated bacterium named Bacillus bifidus communis was later renamed to the genus Bifidobacterium. Tissier found that ... Kefir contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp ... "Functional modulation of human intestinal epithelial cell responses by Bifidobacterium infantis and Lactobacillus salivarius". ...
... products thus contain Bifidobacterium animalis DN 173,010, a proprietary strain of Bifidobacterium, a probiotic which ... Activia products thus contain Bifidobacterium animalis DN 173,010, a proprietary strain of Bifidobacterium, a probiotic which ... In its marketing for Activia, Danone claimed that Bifidobacterium animalis relieves irregularity. In the 2010 Activia TV ... While indicating Bifidobacterium lactis, the package does not list that Activia also contains strains commonly found in Yogurt ...
... contains potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, electrolyte, vitamin C and Bifidobacterium. Super Supau is the best ...
... pyrophosphorylase from Bifidobacterium bifidum". J. Biochem. Tokyo. 86 (4): 923-8. doi:10.1093/oxfordjournals.jbchem.a132624. ...
2014). ""Xylo-oligosaccharides alone or in synbiotic combination with Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis induce ...
Delgado, S., Flórez, A. B., & Mayo, B. (2005). Antibiotic susceptibility of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species from the ...
Lactobacillus bulgaricus GLB44
Others like Bifidobacterium are extracted from the feces of newborns, while others such as some strains of L. brevis come from ... Retrieved 2014-06-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Bezirtzoglou E, Romond C (1990). "Occurrence of Bifidobacterium ...
Some common tumor homing bacteria include Salmonella, Clostridium, Bifidobacterium, Listeria, and Streptococcus. The earliest ...
The probiotics most often used for this purpose contain Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Horse colic "Colitis-X". Merck ...
"Novel Putative Galactose Operon Involving Lacto-N-Biose Phosphorylase in Bifidobacterium longum". Applied and Environmental ...
Gardnerella vaginalis branches between different Bifidobacterium species, which makes the genus Bifidobacterium polyphyletic. ... This indel is thus characteristic of the clade consisting of Bifidobacterium species and G. vaginalis and can be used to ... The genus could be made monophyletic if G. vaginalis was placed within Bifidobacterium. Comparative analysis of aligned protein ... Additionally, 6 conserved signature proteins which are unique to Bifidobacterium and Gardnerella have been identified, ...
However, it does not have significant action against Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and other protective bacteria. Bambermycin ...
September 2004). "Effects of ingesting Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt in subjects with colonized ... and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt improved the rates of eradication of H. pylori in humans. Symbiotic butyrate-producing ...
Bifidobacterium - Wikipedia
Bifidobacterium longum (includes B. infantis). References. *^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w Parte, A.C. " ... Members of the genus Bifidobacterium have genome sizes ranging from 1.73 (Bifidobacterium indicum) to 3.25 Mb (Bifidobacterium ... Comparative Analysis of Bifidobacterium Genomes (at DOEs IMG system). *Bifidobacterium at BacDive - the Bacterial Diversity ... Bifidobacterium species genomes of B. longum, B. bifidum, B. breve contain genes that can hydrolyze some of the human milk ...
Bifidobacterium animalis - Wikipedia
... reclassification of Bifidobacterium animalis as Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. animalis subsp. nov. and Bifidobacterium lactis ... Lidl lists "Bifidobacterium BB-12" in its "Proviact" yogurt. Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04 and Bi-07 are strains from DuPonts ... Bifidobacterium animalis is a gram-positive, anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium of the Bifidobacterium genus which can be found in ... Bifidobacterium animalis and Bifidobacterium lactis were previously described as two distinct species. Presently, both are ...
Bifidobacterium lactis - PubMed - NCBI
"bifidobacterium animalis"[MeSH Terms] OR ("bifidobacterium"[All Fields] AND "animalis"[All Fields]) OR "bifidobacterium ... Benefits of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis Probiotic in Experimental Periodontitis. Oliveira LF et al. J Periodontol. ( ... Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis engineered to produce mycosporin-like amino acids in colorectal cancer prevention. ... Bifidobacterium lactis Ameliorates the Risk of Food Allergy in Chinese Children by Affecting Relative Percentage of Treg and ...
Bifidobacterium ruminantium - Wikipedia
Bifidobacterium ruminantium is a bacterium found in bovine rumens. Biavati, B.; Mattarelli, P. (1991). "Bifidobacterium ... 201-. ISBN 978-0-549-53966-7. "Bifidobacterium ruminantium" at the Encyclopedia of Life LPSN Type strain of Bifidobacterium ... and Bifidobacterium merycicum sp. nov. from the Rumens of Cattle". International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology. 41 (1): ... "Case Study of the Distribution of Mucosa-Associated Bifidobacterium Species, Lactobacillus Species, and Other Lactic Acid ...
Bifidobacterium longum DJO10A, complete genome - Nucleotide - NCBI
Bifido (Bifidobacterium longum)
Bifidobacterium longum is one of the most prevalent micro-organisms in your intestinal tract. And its a probiotic (pro-life ... Bifidobacterium are one of a number of probiotic ("pro-life") bacteria that perform a range of useful services such as ... Bifidobacterium are one of a number of probiotic ("pro-life") bacteria that perform a range of useful services such as ... Bifidobacterium longum is one of the most prevalent micro-organisms in your intestinal tract. And its a probiotic ("pro-life ...
Bifidobacterium adolescentis Reuter ATCC ® 15703D-5™
Genomic DNA from Bifidobacterium adolescentis strain E194a (Variant a) TypeStrain=True Application: ... Bifidobacterium adolescentis Reuter (ATCC® 15703D-5™) Strain Designations: Genomic DNA from Bifidobacterium adolescentis strain ... Nucleotide (GenBank) : BIFRR16SA Bifidobacterium adolescentis 16S ribosomal RNA Nucleotide (GenBank) : AP009256 Bifidobacterium ... Bifidobacterium adolescentis Reuter ATCC® 15703D-5™ dried Total DNA: At least 5 µg in 1X TE buffer.. OD260/OD280: 1.6 to 2.0 ...
Bifidobacterium longum suis - Wikispecies
Genus: Bifidobacterium Species: Bifidobacterium longum. Subspecies: Bifidobacterium longum suis. Name. Bifidobacterium ... Sakata S et al. (2002) Unification of Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium suis as Bifidobacterium longum. ... Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum subsp. nov., Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis comb. nov. and Bifidobacterium longum ... Matteuzzi D et al. (1971) Bifidobacterium suis n. sp.: a new species of the genus Bifidobacterium isolated from pig feces. ...
Probiotics modulate the Bifidobacterium microbiota of elderly nursing home residents | SpringerLink
Unification of Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium suis as Bifidobacterium longum. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:1945- ... Microbiological effects of consuming a synbiotic containing Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, and oligofructose ... Gut Bifidobacterium microbiota of the elderly has been suggested to differ from that of adults, possibly promoting the risk of ... The Bifidobacterium levels in the elderly were high and the species composition diverse. Probiotic intervention increased the ...
Bifidobacterium - microbewiki
A Microbial Biorealm page on the genus Bifidobacterium Bifidobacterium adolescentis. From The Food Research and Development ... Doe Joint Genome Institute: Bifidobacterium longum. 2004 Leahy, S, et al. "The genome sequence of Bifidobacterium breve." ... While Bifidobacterium infantis, B. brevi, and B. longum are the largest group of bacteria in the intestine of infants, ... Bifidobacterium cells on colon epithelium. From Centre of Excellence for Knowledge Transfer, Research and Education in Food and ...
Complete genome sequence of Bifidobacterium longum JDM301.
Bifidobacterium animalis - encyclopedia article - Citizendium
Bifidobacterium animalis. Bifidobacterium animalis is a Gram-positive, anaerobic, nonsporeforming bacillus. It is occasionally ... Antimicrobial susceptibility of Bifidobacterium strains from humans, animals and probiotic products  L. Masco1,*, K. Van ... Effects of ingesting Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt in subjects with colonized Helicobacter pylori1-3 [7 ... The Bifidobacterium or Lactobacillus can be acquired via the consumption of yogurt. In order to test this hypothesis the ...
Bifidobacterium Infantis | GreenMedInfo | Substance | Natural
This topic has 7 study abstracts on Bifidobacterium Infantis indicating that they may have therapeutic value in the treatment ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Infantis, Bifidobacterium Longum , Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Infantis, Bifidobacterium Longum , Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Infantis, Lactobacillus helveticus, Probiotics. Pharmacological Actions ...
Bifidobacterium lactobacillus brand name generator, can i take my probiotic with coffee
live probiotic brands india, how long does it take probiotics to kill bad bacteria examples, lipase is a digestive enzyme that accelerates down, healthy pets digestive enzymes reviews uk, can i take my probiotic with coffee, probiotic yogurt digestive health herbalife, end products of digestion present in small intestine zgomotoase, what foods have probiotics and prebiotics ppt
Production of a Functional Frozen Yogurt Fortified with Bifidobacterium spp.
i,Bifidobacterium bifidum ,/i,ATCC 11547,,i, Bifidobacterium longum,/i, ATCC 11549,,i, Bifidobacterium infantis ,/i,ATCC 11551 ... We developed a kind of yogurt supplemented by,i, Bifidobacterium,/i, species. Firstly, five strains of,i, Bifidobacterium,/i, ... i, Bifidobacterium adolescentis ,/i,ATCC 11550, and,i, Bifidobacterium breve,/i, ATCC 11548) were evaluated based on the ... Bifidobacterium adolescentis ,/i,ATCC 11550 and,i, Bifidobacterium infantis ,/i,ATCC 11551 could be utilized with yogurt ...
Bifidobacterium infantis/lactobacillus acidophilus Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com
Learn about the potential side effects of bifidobacterium infantis/lactobacillus acidophilus. Includes common and rare side ... Applies to bifidobacterium infantis / lactobacillus acidophilus: oral capsule, oral powder for reconstitution, oral tablet, ... Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking bifidobacterium infantis / ... Some side effects of bifidobacterium infantis / lactobacillus acidophilus may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or ...
Bifidobacterium animalis - microbewiki
Bifidobacterium animalis. From MicrobeWiki, the student-edited microbiology resource. Revision as of 22:52, 17 April 2018 by ... Bifidobacterium animalis Description and Significance. Describe the appearance, habitat, etc. of the organism, and why you ... Retrieved from "https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php?title=Bifidobacterium_animalis&oldid=133764" ...
xylA - Xylose isomerase - Bifidobacterium longum - xylA gene & protein
Bifidobacterium Bifidum | GreenMedInfo | Substance | Natural Medicine
This topic has 5 study abstracts on Bifidobacterium Bifidum indicating that it may have therapeutic value in the treatment of ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum , Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Probiotics. ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Infantis, Bifidobacterium Longum , Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus ... Substances : Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Diseases : Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema: ...
Bifidobacterium - Wikipedia, entziklopedia askea.
Wikimedia Commonsen badira fitxategi gehiago, gai hau dutenak: Bifidobacterium Datu-base taxonomikoak. EOL GBIF ITIS NCBI WoRMS ... Hartzidura hori dela eta, Bifidobacterium-ek bat egiten du azido laktikoen bakterioekin (Streptococcus, Lactobacillus...), eta ... Bifidobacterium generoa bakterio Gram positiboz osatuta dago, bazilo itxura dutenak. Anaerobioak dira eta ez dira mugikorrak. ... Bifidobacterium oso ugaria da bularreko-umeen heste lodian, titia kentzearekin gutxituz. Helduengan ere askoz urriagoa da. ...
Frontiers | Bifid Shape Is Intrinsic to Bifidobacterium adolescentis | Microbiology
Although the genus Bifidobacterium was originally named for its bifid morphology, not all bifidobacterial species have a ... Although the genus Bifidobacterium was originally named for its bifid morphology, not all bifidobacterial species have a ... Bifidobacterium infantis changed from rods to coccoids at 42°C. Almost all the other strains of Bifidobacterium maintained the ... C. elegans also differentiates among the Bifidobacterium, as seen in Figure 8. Of the three Bifidobacterium species given as ...
Maternal supplementation with Bifidobacterium breve M-16V prevents
Substances : Bifidobacterium Breve : CK(60) : AC(11). Diseases : Air Pollution Linked Toxicity : CK(2859) : AC(425), Asthma : ... Bifidobacterium breve M-16V is a probiotic bacterial strain with efficacy in infants achieved by suppressing T-helper type (Th ... Maternal supplementation with Bifidobacterium breve M-16V prevents their offspring from allergic airway inflammation ...
Bifidobacterium or fiber protect against deterioration of the inner colonic mucus layer | EurekAlert! Science News
bifidobacterium-or-fiber-protect-against-deterioration-of-the-inner-colonic-mucus-layer-.. cid1537593 Related Journal Article. ... Bifidobacterium or fiber protect against deterioration of the inner colonic mucus layer. University of Gothenburg ... Bifidobacterium or fiber protect against deterioration of the inner colonic mucus layer ... Bifidobacterium or fiber protect against diet-induced deterioration of the inner colonic mucus layer // http://www.cell.com/ ...
The genome sequence of Bifidobacterium longum reflects its adaptation to the human gastrointestinal tract | PNAS
This enzyme, which was apparently purified from Bifidobacterium bifidum, is unique in that it can use glucose-1-PO4, galactose- ... The genome sequence of Bifidobacterium longum reflects its adaptation to the human gastrointestinal tract. Mark A. Schell, ... We determined the 2.26-Mb genome sequence of an infant-derived strain of Bifidobacterium longum, and identified 1,730 possible ... Recent gene duplications, occurring since the split of Bifidobacterium from other high-G+C Gram-positive bacteria, were ...
Bifidobacterium in the treatment of inflammatory disease - Enterprise Ireland (trading as BioResearch Ireland)
Bifidobacterium ,/i,isolated from resected and washed human gastrointestinal tract is significantly immunomodulatory following ... The strain of Bifidobacterium may be in the form of viable cells. Alternatively the strain of Bifidobacterium is in the form of ... In Vivo Anti-Inflammatory activity of Bifidobacterium longum infantis Bifidobacterium longum infantis (1×109 cells per day) was ... consumed Lactobacillus salivarius UCC 118 and Bifidobacterium longum UCC 35624 9 (1:1 ratio); Group D: consumed Bifidobacterium ...
Probiotic Bifidobacterium strains - Patent # 8709398 - PatentGenius
Probiotic Bifidobacterium strain AH1205 or mutants or variants thereof are immunomodulatory following oral consumption and are ... 2. The Bifidobacterium strain as claimed in claim 1 in the form of viable cells.. 3. The Bifidobacterium strain as claimed in ... Preferably the Bifidobacterium longum is in the form of viable cells.. Alternatively the Bifidobacterium longum may be in the ... In one embodiment of the invention Bifidobacterium strains are in the form of viable cells. Alternatively Bifidobacterium ...
Nutrition Now, PB 8 With Lactobacillus & Bifidobacterium, 120 Vegetarian Capsules - iHerb
iHerb.com © Copyright 1997-2020 iHerb, LLC. All rights reserved. iHerb® is a registered trademark of iHerb, LLC. Trusted Brands. Healthy Rewards. and the iHerb.com Trusted Brands. Healthy Rewards. Logo are trademarks of iHerb, LLC. *Disclaimer: Statements made, or products sold through this website, have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read More » ...
Bifidobacterium may prevent weight gain and glucose intolerance in obese mice
BifidumSubspStrainAdolescentisBacteriaGenusLactobacillus and BifidobacteriumAnaerobicProbioticsMicroorganismsSubspeciesMetabolismATCCMicrobiotaBreveBifidobacteriaBacteriumSupplementationSide effects of bifidobacteriumLactis BI-07OralYogurtIrritable Bowel SyBifidusAnimalis sspHN019BacterialRecombinantFecesBB536FecalStrains isolatedConsumed a fermentedGeneFructose-6-phosphate pho1924RibosomalSubstancesInfantsEscherichiaGenomesComplete genomeGenome StructureGastrointestinalInfantCytokinesEnterococcusInflammatoryCellsNCC3001Characteristic featuresEvolutionary development
- A H 2 O 2 -forming NADH oxidase was purified from O 2 -sensitive Bifidobacterium bifidum and was identified as a b -type dihydroorotate dehydrogenase . (wikipedia.org)
- Bartosch S, Woodmansey EJ, Paterson JC et al (2005) Microbiological effects of consuming a synbiotic containing Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis , and oligofructose in elderly persons, determined by real-time polymerase chain reaction and counting of viable bacteria. (springer.com)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum ATCC 11547, Bifidobacterium longum ATCC 11549, Bifidobacterium infantis ATCC 11551, Bifidobacterium adolescentis ATCC 11550, and Bifidobacterium breve ATCC 11548) were evaluated based on the feasibility criteria of probiotics, comprising acid production, bile tolerance, and adhesion to epithelial cells. (hindawi.com)
- Development of healthy whey drink with Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Propionibacterium. (srce.hr)
- T.K. Maity, R. Kumar i A.K. Misra, "Development of healthy whey drink with Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Propionibacterium freudenreichii subsp. (srce.hr)
- Whey beverage was prepared by utilizing Lactobacillus rhamnosus NCDO 243, Bifidobacterium bifidum NCDO 2715 and Propionibacterium freudenreichii subsp. (srce.hr)
- The present study is aimed to evaluate the effects of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum probiotics on the expression of miRNAs 135b, 26b, 18a, and 155 and their target genes, including APC, PTEN, KRAS, and PU.1 in mouse azoxymethane (AOM)-induced colon cancer. (springer.com)
- Thirty-eight male BALB/c mice were randomly divided into four groups: the control, AOM, Lactobacillus acidophilus , and Bifidobacterium bifidum to deliberate the effects of the probiotics on the miRNAs and their target genes. (springer.com)
- It seems that Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum though increasing the expression of the tumor suppressor miRNAs and their target genes and decreasing the oncogenes can improve colon cancer treatment. (springer.com)
- When this strain was originally isolated, it was thought to be a member of the species Bifidobacterium bifidum . (optibacprobiotics.co.uk)
- Furthermore, we demonstrate that B. breve UCC2003 can cross feed on sialic acid derived from the metabolism of 3′-sialyllactose, an abundant HMO, by another infant gut bifidobacterial strain, Bifidobacterium bifidum PRL2010. (asm.org)
- In this study, Bifidobacterium bifidum ( B . bifidum ) ATCC 35914 was encapsulated by using two experimental plans. (springer.com)
- Presently, both are considered B. animalis with the subspecies Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- animalis and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (wikipedia.org)
-  from Denmark has a similar claim on a strain of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Polyphasic taxonomic analysis of Bifidobacterium animalis and Bifidobacterium lactis reveals relatedness at the subspecies level: reclassification of Bifidobacterium animalis as Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- nov. and Bifidobacterium lactis as Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Strain-Specific Genotyping of Bifidobacterium Animalis Subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- Diversity of the subspecies Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (nih.gov)
- Benefits of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (nih.gov)
- Effects of the probiotic Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (nih.gov)
- Germinated brown rice combined with Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (nih.gov)
- Bifidobacterium longum subsp. (wikimedia.org)
- Here, we show that colitis improved in T-bet −/− Rag2 −/− mice that consumed a fermented milk product containing Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (pnas.org)
- strictly speaking making it Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (optibacprobiotics.co.uk)
- A Whey Fraction Rich in Immunoglobulin G Combined with Bifidobacterium longum subsp. (mdpi.com)
- Previously, we demonstrated that a whey-derived immunoglobulin G-enriched powder (IGEP) enhanced adhesion of Bifidobacterium longum subsp. (mdpi.com)
- Hypothesis: Use of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- The study will investigate the effect of supplementation with the probiotic strain Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Dietary Supplement: Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- British Library EThOS: The effect of casein hydrolysate formed by trypsin or bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (bl.uk)
- The hypocholesterolemic effect of peptides present in crude casein hydrolysate using trypsin from Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (bl.uk)
- Insights into physiological traits of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. (dtu.dk)
- The official categorization of them is thus:- what was Bifidobacterium animalis is now Bifidobacterium animalis subsp animalis and what was B lactis is now Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis . (probiotics-lovethatbug.com)
- Application of recombinase-based in vivo expression technology to Bifidobacterium longum subsp. (dtu.dk)
- Here, we applied recombinase-based in vivo expression technology (R-IVET) using the bacteriophage P1 Cre/loxP system to Bifidobacterium longum subsp. (dtu.dk)
- Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 is a strain from Fonterra licensed to DuPont, which markets it as HOWARU Bifido. (wikipedia.org)
- Recently, we completely sequenced Bifidobacterium longum JDM301, which is a widely used Chinese commercial strain with several probiotic properties. (uniprot.org)
- Bifidobacterium breve M-16V is a probiotic bacterial strain with efficacy in infants achieved by suppressing T-helper type (Th) 2 immune responses and modulating the systemic Th1/Th2 balance. (greenmedinfo.com)
- We determined the 2.26-Mb genome sequence of an infant-derived strain of Bifidobacterium longum , and identified 1,730 possible coding sequences organized in a 60%-GC circular chromosome. (pnas.org)
- To rapidly increase knowledge of bifidobacteria and the key role they play in the intestinal ecosystem, we determined the genome sequence of a Bifidobacterium longum strain isolated from infant feces. (pnas.org)
- A strain of Bifidobacterium isolated from resected and washed human gastrointestinal tract is significantly immunomodulatory following oral consumption in humans. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 56. An isolated strain of Bifidobacterium UCC 35624 [NCIMB 41003]. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Bifantis is the trademarked name for the probiotic strain Bifidobacterium infantis 35624(3). (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Jarro Dophilus contains 680 Million (15.40%) spores of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 (morinaga strain). (saching.com)
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12 ® is a bacterial strain found in food supplements. (optibacprobiotics.co.uk)
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12 ® is a well-established, highly researched strain of probiotic, believed to be one of the most clinically researched strains available commercially. (optibacprobiotics.co.uk)
- Bifidobacterium breve UCC2003 has already been shown to utilize quite a variety of plant-derived poly-, oligo-, and monosaccharides, including cellodextrins, galactan, starch, raffinose, and melezitose ( 10 - 15 ), which reflects the apparent flexibility of the carbohydrate utilization profile of this strain. (asm.org)
- We identified, to our knowledge, the first bifidobacterial strain, Bifidobacterium dentium , that is capable of secreting large amounts of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). (thefreedictionary.com)
- Celiac.com 12/29/2016 - Researchers have documented a reduction of gastrointestinal symptoms in untreated celiac disease patients after oral administration of Bifidobacterium infantis Natren Life Start super strain (NLS-SS). (celiac.com)
- The search for novel anticancer drug candidates that utilize Bifidobacterium as a Drug Delivery System (DDS) is aimed at establishing a protein delivery Bifidobacterium strain (novel anticancer drug candidate) capable of tumor selective delivery of candidate proteins using Bifidobacterium that selectively localizes to and proliferates in the hypoxic solid tumors environment. (eisai.com)
- One such strain, Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7, has been previously shown to protect against Salmonella typhimurium infection in mice and helps resolve acute idiopathic diarrhea in dogs. (uzh.ch)
- Bifidobacterium longum BB536, a clinically proven multifunctional probiotic strain that was originated from the gut of a healthy breast-fed infant in 1969, is celebrating its 50th anniversary of its discovery in 2019. (koreanewswire.co.kr)
- The probiotic strain Bifidobacterium longum BB536 had previously attained official confirmation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and was recognized as safe and suitable for use in a variety of food products and dietary supplements (GRAS Notice No. GRN 000268). (koreanewswire.co.kr)
- The occurrence of, multiple GH42 β-galactosidases with diverse sub-specificities within a single Bifidobacterium strain and the distinct differences among all of them from various species, emphasizes the importance and diversity of β-galactoside metabolism in bifidobacteria. (go.jp)
- Finally, physiochemical properties and sensory evaluation of the frozen yogurt were investigated during storage of 60 days at −18°C. Results directed that Bifidobacterium adolescentis ATCC 11550 and Bifidobacterium infantis ATCC 11551 could be utilized with yogurt culture for producing frozen yogurt. (hindawi.com)
- Scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of Bifidobacterium adolescentis. (sciencephoto.com)
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis belongs to a large family of probiotic bifidobacteria which protect the gastrointestinal systems of animals from pathogenic microorganisms. (sciencephoto.com)
- This adolescentis bifidobacterium is found in large quantities in human feces. (sciencephoto.com)
- Effect of inulin on the human gut microbiota: stimulation of Bifidobacterium adolescentis and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii. (semanticscholar.org)
- Recombinant expression and characterization of a reducing-end xylose-releasing exo-oligoxylanase from Bifidobacterium adolescentis. (semanticscholar.org)
- The family 8 glycoside hydrolase (RexA) from Bifidobacterium adolescentis was expressed in Escherichia coli. (semanticscholar.org)
- Two routes of metabolic cross-feeding between Bifidobacterium adolescentis and butyrate-producing anaerobes from the human gut. (semanticscholar.org)
- Characterization of a water-soluble polysaccharide fraction with immunopotentiating activity from Bifidobacterium adolescentis M101-4. (semanticscholar.org)
- Note: purification of amylase secreted from Bifidobacterium adolescentis. (semanticscholar.org)
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis Int-57 isolated from human faeces produced extracellular amylase. (semanticscholar.org)
- An arabinofuranohydrolase (AXH-d3) was purified from a cell-free extract of Bifidobacterium adolescentis DSM 20083. (semanticscholar.org)
- Survival and enumeration of the fecal indicators Bifidobacterium adolescentis and Escherichia coli in a tropical rain forest watershed. (semanticscholar.org)
- Bifidobacterium is a genus of gram-positive , nonmotile , often branched anaerobic bacteria . (wikipedia.org)
- Some of the Bifidobacterium animalis bacteria found in a sample of Activia yogurt: The numbered ticks on the scale are 10 micrometres apart. (wikipedia.org)
- But fortunately, one of the most prevalent bacteria in the human intestinal tract is Bifidobacterium longum - and it's good for you! (giantmicrobes.com)
- Bifidobacterium are one of a number of probiotic ("pro-life") bacteria that perform a range of useful services such as improving digestion, revving up the immune system, and fending off their pathogenic cousins. (giantmicrobes.com)
- While Bifidobacterium infantis, B. brevi, and B. longum are the largest group of bacteria in the intestine of infants, Bifidobacteria are said to be only the 3rd or 4th largest group in adults (and comprise only 3-6% of adult fecal flora). (kenyon.edu)
- Even though Bifidobacterium strains have already been used in dairy products, they have some inferior behavioral characteristics compared with the traditional lactic acid bacteria (LAB) used in fermented dairy products, hindering their possible applications [ 7 ]. (hindawi.com)
- In particular, specific strains of the genera Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium have been found to be able to establish themselves in the intestinal tract and transiently colonise the intestine, to reduce the adherence of pathogenic bacteria to the intestinal epithelium, to have immunomodulatory effects and to assist in the maintenance of well-being. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Bifidobacterium, lactobacillus, and streptococcus is a medical food used as a probiotic, or "friendly bacteria" to maintain a healthy digestive tract (stomach and intestines). (wellspan.org)
- Bifidobacterium longum BB536 has been studied by many experts and found to have several effects: improvement of intestinal environment, inhibition of pathogenic bacteria such as 0157, and activation of immunological functions. (saching.com)
- The two contracts cover the development of drugs that utilize obligate anaerobes and nonpathogenic bacteria, traits which are characteristic of Bifidobacterium , a human intestinal tract bacterium. (eisai.com)
- Bifidobacterium is obligatory anaerobe which exists as enteroflora in the human body, and known as nonpathogenic bacteria. (epicos.com)
- A significant increase in the relative abundance of Bifidobacterium was observed both in FOS and GOS group, while the butyrate-producing bacteria like Phascolarctobacterium in FOS group and Ruminococcus in GOS group were decreased. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- Methods: Male Sprague-Dawley rats received probiotics (1 billion live bacteria of Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175) or placebo every day dissolved in drinking water , beginning one week before induction of myocardial ischemia. (umontreal.ca)
- Increase of intestinal Bifidobacterium and suppression of coliform bacteria with short-term yogurt ingestion. (semanticscholar.org)
- Bifidobacterium lactis is a name that you frequently see on the lable of probiotic supplements but it is in fact an out-of-date handle for this good bacteria. (probiotics-lovethatbug.com)
- The genus Bifidobacterium possesses a unique fructose-6-phosphate phosphoketolase pathway employed to ferment carbohydrates . (wikipedia.org)
- The sensitivity of members of the genus Bifidobacterium to O 2 generally limits probiotic activity to anaerobic habitats. (wikipedia.org)
- Members of the genus Bifidobacterium have genome sizes ranging from 1.73 ( Bifidobacterium indicum ) to 3.25 Mb ( Bifidobacterium biavatii ), corresponding to 1,352 and 2,557 predicted protein-encoding open reading frames , respectively. (wikipedia.org)
- Functional classification of Bifidobacterium genes, including the pan-genome of this genus, revealed that 13.7% of the identified bifidobacterial genes encode enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism . (wikipedia.org)
- Bifidobacterium animalis is a gram-positive , anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium of the Bifidobacterium genus which can be found in the large intestines of most mammals , including humans. (wikipedia.org)
- a new species of the genus Bifidobacterium isolated from pig feces. (wikimedia.org)
- Although the genus Bifidobacterium was originally named for its bifid morphology, not all bifidobacterial species have a similar structure, and very few of them adopt a bifid shape under stress conditions. (frontiersin.org)
- The genus Bifidobacterium is so designated because in the reference species, one end was a rocket-shaped and the other, longitudinally split ( Tissier, 1900 ). (frontiersin.org)
- However, the lack of cutting-edge research into the taxonomy of the genus Bifidobacterium has meant that these species have been retained in Bifidobacterium , regardless of morphological differences. (frontiersin.org)
- Because very few bifidobacterial strains have a bifid shape, even though some are polymorphic both rod-shaped and bifid-shaped species are retained in the single genus Bifidobacterium . (frontiersin.org)
- In 1960s, it was accepted as an independent genus and classified as Bifidobacterium. (saching.com)
- Here, we sequenced the genomes of 42 representative (sub)species across the Bifidobacterium genus and used this information to explore the overall genetic picture of this bacterial group. (asm.org)
- Furthermore, the genomic data described here were used to reconstruct the evolutionary development of the Bifidobacterium genus. (asm.org)
- Various members of the genus Bifidobacterium have attracted substantial scientific and commercial interest due to various professed beneficial health effects that they exert on their human host ( 6 - 10 ). (asm.org)
- Currently, the genus Bifidobacterium includes 47 taxa, involving 38 species and 9 subspecies ( 2 , 11 - 14 ). (asm.org)
- Here, we describe the genome analysis of representatives of all 47 (sub)species that are currently assigned to the Bifidobacterium genus. (asm.org)
- Here, we designed a Bifidobacterium -specific primer pair which targets a hypervariable sequence region within the groEL gene that is suitable for precise taxonomic identification and detection of all recognized species of the genus Bifidobacterium so far. (mdpi.com)
- Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium counts were determined in faeces samples (day -7 before radiotherapy, day 15 of radiotherapy, at the end of treatment, and three weeks after radiotherapy) by culture in selective media and fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) using genus-specific probes. (isciii.es)
- The Bifidobacterium genus harbours several health promoting members of the gut microbiota, which display metabolic specialization by preferentially utilizing dietary or host-derived β-galactosides. (go.jp)
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium11
- Gueimonde M, Delgado S, Baltasar M et al (2004) Viability and diversity of probiotic Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium populations included in commercial fermented milks. (springer.com)
- Moreover, numerous studies with different strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium have been performed in vitro and in vivo, in humans and animal models to investigate their immunomodulatory properties and probiotic potential to treat various infectious, allergic, and inflammatory conditions [ 5 , 6 ]. (hindawi.com)
- In several studies, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium have proven beneficial for the host. (isciii.es)
- Prebiotics stimulate the proliferation of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, and this may have positive effects on the intestinal mucosa during abdominal radiotherapy. (isciii.es)
- At the end of radiotherapy, we observed a statistically significant decrease in Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium counts in both groups. (isciii.es)
- By cultural analysis, we observed higher numbers of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium three weeks after radiotherapy in the prebiotic group (5.6 vs. 6.3, p = 0.04 and 5.5 vs. 6 log cfu/g, p = 0.03). (isciii.es)
- Abdominal radiotherapy negatively affects Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium counts. (isciii.es)
- PDF] Effects of ingesting Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt in subjects with colonized Helicobacter pylori. (semanticscholar.org)
- Supplementing with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt (AB-yogurt) was shown to improve the rates of eradication of H. pylori in humans. (semanticscholar.org)
- Pretreatment with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt can improve the efficacy of quadruple therapy in eradicating residual Helicobacter pylori infection after failed triple therapy. (semanticscholar.org)
- Impact of supplement with Lactobacillus- and Bifidobacterium-containing yogurt on triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication. (semanticscholar.org)
- Bifidobacterium is a Gram-positive, anaerobic, branched rod-shaped bacterium. (kenyon.edu)
- Bifidobacterium animalis is a Gram-positive , anaerobic, nonsporeforming bacillus . (citizendium.org)
- Bifidobacterium are defined as anaerobic, nonetheless the oxygen sensitivity varies within the species, and between the strains of each species respectively. (citizendium.org)
- A whey-based medium (7% sweet whey, 0.05% cysteine and 0.3% yeast extract, WCY-0.3) was developed to grow Bifidobacterium species without use of anaerobic incubation conditions. (oregonstate.edu)
- All Bifidobacterium strains were cultivated in an anaerobic atmosphere (2.99% H 2 , 17.01% CO 2 , and 80% N 2 ) in a chamber (Concept 400, Ruskin) on De Man-Rogosa-Sharp (MRS) broth (Scharlau Chemie, Barcelona, Spain) supplemented with 0.05% (wt/vol) l -cysteine hydrochloride and were incubated at 37°C. Bacterial cultures were subjected to DNA extraction using a previously described protocol ( 4 ). (asm.org)
-  Some Bifidobacterium strains are considered as important probiotics and used in the food industry. (wikipedia.org)
- Supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus or Bifidobacterium lactis probiotics in pregnancy increases cord blood interferon-gamma and breast milk transforming growth factor-beta and immunoglobin A detection. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Participants were given either probiotic, Bifidobacterium infantis M63 (M-63 group) or no probiotics (control group) for three months. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Bifidobacterium breve- are microorganisms in food that have beneficial effects on human digestion. (sciencephoto.com)
- The present work investigates some probiotic properties of four different microorganisms (Bifidobacterium animalis var. (ei-resource.org)
- A tablet probiotic supplement containing the polysaccharide inulin and the non-pathogenic microorganisms Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus acidophilus, with potential anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating and protective activities. (cancer.gov)
- Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis engineered to produce mycosporin-like amino acids in colorectal cancer prevention. (nih.gov)
- Laboratorio Farmacéutico Specialità Igienico Terapeutiche, Mede, Italy) that contained 10 9 Lactobacillus acidophilus (ATCC 4356) and 10 9 Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis (ATCC 15697). (cdc.gov)
- Our study alerted even though FOS and GOS increased Bifidobacterium , they might have adverse effect on glucose metabolism by reducing butyrate-producing microbes. (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- An intervention study with fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in obese women resulted in the increase of Bifidobacterium and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii but without obvious effect on glucose metabolism 13 . (pubmedcentralcanada.ca)
- To approach a deeper understanding of the β-galactoside metabolism in the gut niche, the overall study investigated the bioinformatics, biochemistry and structures of glycoside hydrolase family 42 (GH42) β-galactosidases from Bifidobacterium species associated with the human gut. (go.jp)
- The invention relates to the use, in the manufacture of a medicament or a therapeutic nutritional composition for preventing or reducing inflammation in a mammal, of bifidobacterium longum ATCC BAA-999. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 5. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutic nutritional composition contains from 10 4 to 10 12 cfu/g of Bifidobacterium longum ATCC BAA-999 on a dry weight basis. (freepatentsonline.com)
- 10. A method of treating a patient having inflammation comprising the steps of administering a composition produce using Bifidobacterium longum ATCC BAA-999 to a patient having inflammation. (freepatentsonline.com)
- Gut Bifidobacterium microbiota of the elderly has been suggested to differ from that of adults, possibly promoting the risk of infections and gut barrier dysfunction. (springer.com)
- In conclusion, Bifidobacterium microbiota of elderly subjects may be modulated by probiotic administration. (springer.com)
- In some healthy elderly populations, Bifidobacterium microbiota may be more abundant and diverse than previously suggested. (springer.com)
- Bifidobacterium is an important group of probiotic cultures and commonly used in fermented dairy products that contributes a major part in the human intestinal microbiota in healthy humans. (hindawi.com)
- Maternal supplementation with Bifidobacterium breve M-16V prevents their offspring from allergic airway inflammation accelerated by the prenatal exposure to an air pollutant aerosol. (greenmedinfo.com)
- In recent experiments, mice fed Bifidobacterium breve have shown resistance to the influenza virus. (sciencephoto.com)
- Bifidobacterium breve UCC2003 has previously been shown to utilize several plant-derived carbohydrates that include cellodextrins, starch, and galactan. (asm.org)
- The generated data revealed that faecal samples of breastfed infants contained a high abundance of genomic DNA homologous to Bifidobacterium breve. (wur.nl)
- The results showed that the novel designed primer set can specifically differentiate Bifidobacterium species from non-bifidobacteria, and as low as 10 4 cells of Bifidobacterium species can be detected using the novel designed primer set on the basis of Illumina Miseq high-throughput sequencing. (mdpi.com)
- 21 22 To gain further insight into the mechanism by which resident bifidobacteria of the human microflora could exert a protective role against pathogens, we examined the antibacterial activity of bifidobacterium strains isolated from infant stools. (bmj.com)
- Bifidobacterium ruminantium is a bacterium found in bovine rumens. (wikipedia.org)
- Washington, Dec 24 (ANI): In a new genetic study, researchers have uncovered the complete genetic make-up of the cavity-causing bacterium Bifidobacterium dentium Bd1. (thefreedictionary.com)
- The cellular mechanism underpinning Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 mediated attenuation of NF-κB activation may include recognition of the bacterium by dendritic cells and induction of CD25+Foxp3+ T cells. (uzh.ch)
- Bifidobacterium longum BB536 (BB536) is a Gram-positive bacterium that produces lactic and acetic acids. (grainbininc.com)
- Purpose Routine probiotic supplementation with Bifiborm ® ( Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Bifidobacterium lactis) in infants with gestational age below 30 weeks was introduced in April 2010 at the Department of Neonatology, Rigshospitalet to reduce the risk of NEC. (bmj.com)
Side effects of bifidobacterium2
- Therelac contains the strains "Bifidobacterium lactis BI-07" and "Bifidobacterium lactis BL-34" (also called BI-04) in its probiotic capsule. (wikipedia.org)
- Preterm infants are at high risk of deeding intolerance especially low birth weight infants, Whether oral triple viable Bifidobacterium and early Micro-feeding may improve the symptoms of feeding intolerance. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- Oral administration of Bifidobacterium alone improved tumor control to the same degree as programmed cell death protein 1 ligand 1 (PD-L1)-specific antibody therapy (checkpoint blockade), and combination treatment nearly abolished tumor outgrowth. (sciencemag.org)
- Vieira AT, Rocha VM, Tavares L, Garcia CC, Teixeira MM, Oliveira SC, Cassali GD, Gamba C, Martins FS, Nicoli JR (2016) Control of Klebsiella pneumoniae pulmonary infection and immunomodulation by oral treatment with the commensal probiotic Bifidobacterium longum . (springer.com)
- Lidl lists "Bifidobacterium BB-12" in its "Proviact" yogurt. (wikipedia.org)
- Production of a Functional Frozen Yogurt Fortified with Bifidobacterium spp. (hindawi.com)
- We developed a kind of yogurt supplemented by Bifidobacterium species. (hindawi.com)
- In summary, our results revealed that there was no significant difference between frozen yogurt fermented by Bifidobacterium spp. (hindawi.com)
- Ingestion of yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium to potentiate immunoglobulin A responses to cholera toxin in mice. (semanticscholar.org)
Irritable Bowel Sy3
- Bifidobacterium, lactobacillus, and streptococcus is used in people with irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, or an ileal pouch. (wellspan.org)
- A new study published in the July issue of the American Journal of Gastroenterology found that Bifantis (Bifidobacterium infantis 35624) may help relieve many of the symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in women, including diarrhea and constipation(1). (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum NCC3001 Reduces Depression Scores and Alters Brain Activity: A Pilot Study in Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome. (snfge.org)
- Ama-esneak gluzido berezi bat duela jakin da, bifidus faktorea, Bifidobacterium -en hazkuntza eragiten duena. (wikipedia.org)
- METHODS: CB plasma and breast milk samples were collected from a cohort of women who had received daily supplements of either 6 x 10(9) CFU/day Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 (n=34), 9 x 10(9) CFU/day Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 (n=35) or a placebo (n=36) beginning 2-5 weeks before delivery and continuing for 6 months in lactating women. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Bifidobacterium requires substances such as N-acetylglucosamine, B-substitute disacchride, N-acetyllactosamine which are components that are found in milk, those components promote bacterial growth. (citizendium.org)
- Bifidobacterium longum is one of the bacterial species which are commonly isolated from adult and infant feces ( 18 ). (asm.org)
- A novel anticancer agent currently being developed by Shinshu University venture Anaeropharma Science, APS001 is a recombinant Bifidobacterium modified to express the cytosine deaminase (CD) gene. (eisai.com)
- The company aims to leverage the recombinant Bifidobacterium technology to create a new class of anti-cancer drugs. (epicos.com)
- The leading product developed using i-DPS technology, APS001F, a recombinant Bifidobacterium to express Cytosine Deaminase which converts a prodrug, 5-FC, to an anti-cancer drug, 5-FU, is under a phase 1 clinical trial in the U.S. (epicos.com)
- A privately held biopharmaceutical company based in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Anaeropharma Science was established to pioneer the development of novel therapeutics to target a hypoxic environment in solid cancers based on its proprietary platform technology, i-DPS, using recombinant Bifidobacterium. (epicos.com)
- Morinaga Milk Industry developed BB536 (Bifidobacterium longum BB536) following many years of independent research. (saching.com)
- TOKYO--( Business Wire / Korea Newswire ) July 10, 2019 -- Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:2264), a leading Japanese dairy product company, today announced its proprietary probiotic Morinaga Bifidobacterium longum BB536 has received self-affirmed GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for infant formulas, in honor of its 50th anniversary. (koreanewswire.co.kr)
- The fecal flora of healthy bottle or breast-fed infants was examined for the presence of Bifidobacterium. (oregonstate.edu)
- Se desconoce la patogenia de la enteritis tras la radioterapia abdominal, si bien podrían estar implicados cambios en la microflora fecal. (isciii.es)
- Interestingly, the amounts of fecal Bifidobacterium were correlated positively with serum Th1 cytokines IFN-γ, and correlated negatively with serum Th17 cytokines IL-17A, Th2 cytokines IL-4 and serum total IgE in these patients. (ovid.com)
Consumed a fermented1
- In this randomized, placebo-controlled intervention study, 66 elders consumed a fermented oat drink containing probiotic Bifidobacterium longum 46 and B. longum 2C or a non-fermented placebo oat drink for 6 months. (springer.com)
- Therefore, this study aimed to examine the effects of Bifidobacterium longum ( B. longum ) on bone mass density (BMD), bone mineral content (BMC), bone remodeling, bone structure, and gene expression in OVX rats. (hindawi.com)
- However, the precise appraisal of the biodiversity of Bifidobacterium species within the gut remains a challenging task because of the limited resolving power of the 16S rRNA gene in different species. (mdpi.com)
- Hu L, Lu W, Wang L, Pan M, Zhang H, Zhao J, Chen W. Assessment of Bifidobacterium Species Using groEL Gene on the Basis of Illumina MiSeq High-Throughput Sequencing. (mdpi.com)
- A d -xylulose 5-phosphate/ d -fructose 6-phosphate phosphoketolase (Xfp) from the probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis was purified to homogeneity. (asm.org)
- en] A new Bifidobacterium species is described based on the study of ten Gram-positive strains with fructose-6-phosphate phosphoketolase activity. (ac.be)
- The reflection of variations in the bifid structures of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus acidophilus was confirmed by Herter (1907) , Bliuhdorn (1910) , Kendall and Haner (1924) . (frontiersin.org)
- Sequencing of the 16 S ribosomal RNA identified Bifidobacterium as associated with the antitumor effects. (sciencemag.org)
- Under the terms of the agreement, the two companies shall conduct joint research regarding specific substances in order to discover novel anticancer agent candidates that utilize Bifidobacterium as a drug delivery system. (eisai.com)
- Bifidobacterium infantis and Lactobacillus acidophilus reduces the incidence and severity of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infants. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Comparative study of Bifidobacterium animalis, Escherichia coli, Lactobacillus casei and Saccharomyces boulardii probiotic properties. (ei-resource.org)
- We used a comparative genomics approach to reconstruct carbohydrate utilization pathways and transcriptional regulons in 10 Bifidobacterium genomes. (frontiersin.org)
- Complete genome sequence of Bifidobacterium longum JDM301. (uniprot.org)
- Even though there was a substantial amount of research done so far, the entire genome structure of Bifidobacterium still appears to be meager. (citizendium.org)
- CONCLUSION Several bifidobacterium strains from resident infant human gastrointestinal microflora exert antimicrobial activity, suggesting that they could participate in the "barrier effect" produced by the indigenous microflora. (bmj.com)
- Bifidobacterium, a probiotic, tends to lose its viability during gastrointestinal track (GIT) transit and storage of food. (springer.com)
- Stimulation of the Secretion of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines by Bifidobacterium Strains," Microbiol. (patentgenius.com)
- In comparison with that in the healthy control (HC), significantly lower abundance of Bifidobacterium and lower levels of Th1 cytokines (IFN-γ and TNF-α), but higher levels of Th2-type cytokines (IL-4, IL-5) and Th17-type (IL-17A) cytokine were detected in children with bronchiolitis and asthma. (ovid.com)
- RESULTS: Following 4 hours of infection with Salmonella typhimurium, NF-κB activation was significantly elevated in vivo in placebo and Enterococcus faecium-fed animals while Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 consumption significantly attenuated the NF-κB response. (uzh.ch)
- CONCLUSION: Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 exerts an anti-inflammatory effect via the attenuation of pro-inflammatory transcription factor activation in response to an infectious insult associated with modulation of pro-inflammatory cytokine production within the mucosa. (uzh.ch)
- Bifidobacterium lactis Ameliorates the Risk of Food Allergy in Chinese Children by Affecting Relative Percentage of Treg and Th17 Cells. (nih.gov)
- Bifidobacterium cells on colon epithelium. (kenyon.edu)
- Bifidobacterium alleviated Guillain-Barré syndrome by regulating Th cells. (greenmedinfo.com)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum supernatants upregulate the serotonin transporter expression in intestinal epithelial cells. (wellnessresources.com)
- In vitro anti-CD3/CD28 stimulated Peyer's patch cells secreted significantly less TNF-α and IFN-γ following Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 consumption. (uzh.ch)
- In vitro, Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7 was bound by dendritic cells and induced secretion of both IL-10 and IL-12p70. (uzh.ch)
- In addition, co-culture of CD4+ T cells with Bifidobacterium animalis AHC7-stimulated dendritic cells resulted in a significant increase in CD25+Foxp3+ T cell numbers. (uzh.ch)
- We performed a prospective study to evaluate the effects of Bifidobacterium longum NCC3001 (BL) on anxiety and depression in patients with IBS. (snfge.org)
- The purpose of these two agreements is to offer new treatment options to cancer patients and their families by establishing a new drug delivery system that utilizes characteristic features of Bifidobacterium and by researching new therapeutic treatments to succeed low-molecular compounds and biologics. (eisai.com)
- Dissecting the evolutionary development of the Bifidobacterium animalis species through comparative genomics analyses. (nih.gov)