Infection of the brain, spinal cord, or perimeningeal structures with the larval forms of the genus TAENIA (primarily T. solium in humans). Lesions formed by the organism are referred to as cysticerci. The infection may be subacute or chronic, and the severity of symptoms depends on the severity of the host immune response and the location and number of lesions. SEIZURES represent the most common clinical manifestation although focal neurologic deficits may occur. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1998, Ch27, pp46-50)
Unstriated and unstriped muscle, one of the muscles of the internal organs, blood vessels, hair follicles, etc. Contractile elements are elongated, usually spindle-shaped cells with centrally located nuclei. Smooth muscle fibers are bound together into sheets or bundles by reticular fibers and frequently elastic nets are also abundant. (From Stedman, 25th ed)
An alkaloid found in opium but not closely related to the other opium alkaloids in its structure or pharmacological actions. It is a direct-acting smooth muscle relaxant used in the treatment of impotence and as a vasodilator, especially for cerebral vasodilation. The mechanism of its pharmacological actions is not clear, but it apparently can inhibit phosphodiesterases and it may have direct actions on calcium channels.
An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
Intestinal Diseases, Parasitic
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
A generic name for film produced from wood pulp by the viscose process. It is a thin, transparent sheeting of regenerated cellulose, moisture-proof and sometimes dyed, and used chiefly as food wrapping or as bags for dialysis. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed & McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
An immunoassay utilizing an antibody labeled with an enzyme marker such as horseradish peroxidase. While either the enzyme or the antibody is bound to an immunosorbent substrate, they both retain their biologic activity; the change in enzyme activity as a result of the enzyme-antibody-antigen reaction is proportional to the concentration of the antigen and can be measured spectrophotometrically or with the naked eye. Many variations of the method have been developed.
Encyclopedias as Topic
Access to Information
Journal Impact Factor
Heart Septal Defects, Atrial
Developmental abnormalities in any portion of the ATRIAL SEPTUM resulting in abnormal communications between the two upper chambers of the heart. Classification of atrial septal defects is based on location of the communication and types of incomplete fusion of atrial septa with the ENDOCARDIAL CUSHIONS in the fetal heart. They include ostium primum, ostium secundum, sinus venosus, and coronary sinus defects.
Usually high-molecular-weight, straight-chain primary alcohols, but can also range from as few as 4 carbons, derived from natural fats and oils, including lauryl, stearyl, oleyl, and linoleyl alcohols. They are used in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, detergents, plastics, and lube oils and in textile manufacture. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 5th ed)
2005). "Cobitis taenia" in FishBase. November 2005 version. "Cobitis taenia". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. ... The spined loach (Cobitis taenia) is a common freshwater fish in Europe. It is sometimes known as spotted weather loach, not to ... Loach Freyhof, J. (2011). "Cobitis taenia". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2011: e.T5037A11109311. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) World Conservation Monitoring Centre (1996). "Cobitis taenia". IUCN Red List of ...
Wadia, N.H.; Singh, G. (2002). "Taenia Solium: A Historical Note". In Singh, G.; Prabhakar, S. (eds.). Taenia Solium ... Adult Taenia solium are easily treated with niclosamide, and is most commonly used in taeniasis. However cysticercosis is a ... Taenia solium eggs and proglottids found in feces, ELISA, or polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis diagnose only taeniasis and not ... The cause of human cysticercosis is the egg form of Taenia solium (often abbreviated as T. solium and also called pork tapeworm ...
Glossary of ancient Roman culture
Tainia 1. (Latin taenia; derived from the Ancient Greek ταινία (tainía): "band" or "ribbon") small "fillet" molding near the ... Thyrsus Wand or staff of giant fennel (Ferula communis) covered with ivy vines and leaves, sometimes wound with taeniae and ...
"Taenia trinervis". Orchids of New Guinea. Retrieved 4 November 2018. "Mitopetalum trinerve". APNI. Retrieved 4 November 2018. ...
... an estimated 45 million people were infected with the beef tapeworm Taenia saginata and 3 million with the pork tapeworm Taenia ... Various species of Taenia infest the guts of humans, cats and dogs. The juveniles use herbivores - such as pigs, cattle and ... Adults of Taenia saginata, which infests humans, can form proglottid chains over 20 metres (66 ft) long, although 4 metres (13 ... García, H.H.; Gonzalez, A.E.; Evans, C.A.W. & Gilman, R.H. (2003). "Taenia solium cysticercosis". The Lancet. 362 (9383): 547- ...
The four Taenia spp. that cause coenurosis were first diagnosed as follows: Taenia multiceps: In 1913, a man in Paris passed ... Taenia serialis: In 1933, the first coenurosis case due to T. serialis was diagnosed in France. Taenia brauni: In 1956, the ... Taenia glomerate: In 1919, the first coenurosis case due to T. glomerate was diagnosed in Nigeria. ... The intermediate hosts for coenurosis can vary depending on the Taenia spp. In T. multiceps, sheep are the intermediate hosts, ...
Nezamabadi, M; Mashkour, M; Aali, A; Stöllner, T; Le Bailly, M (Dec 15, 2012). "IDENTIFICATION OF TAENIA SP. IN A NATURAL HUMAN ... it was reported that the 2200-year-old mummy of Chehrabad had tapeworm eggs from the genus Taenia in his intestine. This brings ...
28 June 2013 The dictionary definition of taenia at Wiktionary Image of a woman wearing a chiton and a broad taenia at Perseus ... In ancient Greek costume, a tainia (Ancient Greek: ταινία; pl: ταινίαι or Latin: taenia; pl: taeniae) was a headband, ribbon, ...
"Molecular identification of Taenia spp. in the Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx) from Finland". Cite journal requires ,journal= (help) ...
It was re-released in a digital version in 2000, with the additional track "Tenia". In Milanese dialect, pirla is a mild insult ... "Tenia (Maniac)". ElioeleStorieTese.it (in Italian). Retrieved 21 August 2020. Peerla at Discogs Peerla at AllMusic. Retrieved ... ". "Tenia" (English: "Taenia"), only included in the reprint of the album in 2000, is a live parody/rewrite of Michael ... "Tenia (Maniac)" - 3:45 Stefano Belisari as Elio - lead vocals, flute, occasional bass Sergio Conforti as Rocco Tanica - ...
Dwarf tapeworm (Hymenolepis nana, also known as Rodentolepis nana, Vampirolepis nana, Hymenolepis fraterna, and Taenia nana) is ... Grassi B. Entwicklungscyclus der Taenia nanna. Dritte Praliminarnote. Centralblatt fṻr Bakteriologie und Parasitenkunde 1887;2: ...
Raw or undercooked meats are the major sources of Taenia (pork, beef and venison), Trichinella (pork and bear), ... Contaminated food may contain eggs of nematodes such as Ascaris, Enterobius, and Trichuris; cestodes such as Taenia, ... Taenia infection) Coenurosis (T. multiceps, T. serialis, T. glomerata, and T. brauni infection) Amphistomiasis (amphistomes ... Strongyloides stercoralis and Ancylostoma duodenale Hymenolepis nana Taenia saginata Enterobius Fasciola hepatica Schistosoma ...
This genus was accepted for all bladder worms of Taenia. It became a tradition to refer to the larva of Taenia solium as ... cysticerci) is a scientific name given to the young tapeworms (larvae) belonging to the genus Taenia. It is a small, sac-like ... It was believed to be a different organism from the adult tapeworm (Taenia solium), but still closely related to tapeworms for ... In the normal lifecycle of Taenia, cysticerci develop in the muscles of the intermediate hosts such as pigs, cattle, and sheep ...
Charles E. Fairman
1921 Mucor taeniae Fairm. 1890 Mycosphaerella chlorogali Fairm. 1923 Mycosphaerella nemoseridis Fairm. 1923 Mycosphaerella ...
ScubaVenture: The Search for Pirate's Treasure
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Una Distribucion Complicada". Yo Tenia un Duego. No. 6. September 2013. p. 28. Kushner ...
... and Taenia spp. (tapeworm) Ectoparasites such as ticks, scabies and lice Medical parasitology can involve drug development, ...
Lescano, Andres G.; Zunt, Joseph (2013). "Other cestodes: sparganosis, coenurosis and Taenia crassiceps cysticercosis". ...
The absence of a scolex or protoscolex in Spirometra is a key difference in differentiating between Taenia solium and ... coenurosis and Taenia crassiceps cysticercosis". Handbook of Clinical Neurology. 114: 335-345. doi:10.1016/B978-0-444-53490- ...
Subsequently he was a member of a team of scientists that developed a vaccine against Taenia ovis infection in sheep, the first ... Elimination of Taenia solium transmission in Northern Peru. New England Journal of Medicine 374, 2335-2344. citations published ... This led to the development of highly effective, recombinant vaccines against cysticercosis in cattle due to Taenia saginata ( ... Taenia saginata: vaccination against cysticercosis in cattle with recombinant oncosphere antigens. Experimental Parasitology 84 ...
Lescano, Andres G; Zunt, Joseph (2013). Other cestodes: sparganosis, coenurosis and Taenia crassiceps cysticercosis. Handbook ...
It gets its name from the genus Taenia. Natural taeniacides include pumpkin seed, cucumber and pomegranate. Some synthetic ...
Taenia saginata) and as an alternative to praziquantel for pork tapeworms (T. solium). It is also given for infections by T. ... Taenia Solium Cysticercosis: From Basic to Clinical Science. CABI. pp. 368-371. ISBN 978-0-85199-839-8. "Albenza (Albendazole ...
These include trichinosis, Taenia solium, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Pigs are also known to host large concentrations of ...
Tenia, Mark (August 24, 2015). "Midlothian man's family speaks out following attack on French train". wric.com. Retrieved May ...
2015 Thalys train attack
Tenia, Mark (24 August 2015). "Midlothian man's family speaks out following attack on French train". wric.com. Retrieved 31 ...
Sandra Abd'Allah-Alvarez Ramírez
"Negra Cubana Tenia que ser". The BOBs. 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2020. "Muere a los 105 años la narradora cubana Haydée Arteaga, " ...
Coenurosis in humans
Humans who ingest eggs from any of these four species of Taenia become intermediate hosts, or places where the eggs can mature ... The definitive hosts for these Taenia species are canids. The adult tapeworms live in the intestines of animals like dogs, ... Coenurosis is a parasitic infection that results when humans ingest the eggs of dog tapeworm species Taenia multiceps, T. ... "Taenia Infections" (PDF). The Institute for International Cooperation in Animal Biologics and the Center for Food Security and ...
Charakteristik mehrerer Grössentheils neuer Tänien, 1856 - treatise on Taenia. Über ein in den Mägen des Rindes Vorkommendes ...
"Inhibition of the Smooth Muscle on the Taenia Coli". Nature. 200 (4906): 581-2. Bibcode:1963Natur.200..581B. doi:10.1038/ ...
Platyhelminthes Cestoda Taenia (tapeworm) Smyth JD, McManus DP (1989). The Physiology and Biochemistry of Cestodes. Academic ...
Taenia (cestode) - Wikipedia
Divergence of Taenia in humans. Humans were previously thought to have acquired Taenia species (T. solium, T. asiatica, ... Taenia rileyi infects bobcats.. *Taenia saginata, beef tapeworm, infects cattle and humans, and can only reproduce while in the ... Taenia asiatica, the Asian taenia, has humans as definitive hosts, and pigs and rarely cattle as intermediate hosts. ... Taenia saginata has an unarmed scolex, while Taenia solium has an armed scolex. ...
Taenia - Wikipedia
Taenia or tænia, from Greek ταινία (tainía) and Latin taenia (both meaning tape or ribbon) may refer to: Taenia coli, three ... or Taenia, a fungus moth genus Taenia, a Trichuridae roundworm genus Taenia, a Scarabaeidae genus Taenia (architecture), a ... two narrow bands of white matter of the mammal brain Taenia (cestode), a tapeworm genus Cepola or Taenia, a bandfish genus ... a ribbon worn in the hair in ancient Greece Ribbon This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Taenia. If ...
Taenia asiatica - Wikipedia
Taenia asiatica, commonly known as Asian taenia or Asian tapeworm, is a parasitic tapeworm of humans and pigs. It is one of the ... WormBase Taenia genome database Eom, Keeseon S; Rim, Han-Jong (1993). "Morphologic descriptions of Taenia asiatica sp. n" (PDF ... González, LM; Montero, E; Harrison, LJ; Parkhouse, RM; Garate, T (2000). "Differential diagnosis of Taenia saginata and Taenia ... The body of Taenia asiatica is yellowish-white in colour, about 350 cm long and 1 cm broad, divided into the anterior scolex, ...
Taenia Infection: Background, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology
... only Taenia solium and Taenia saginata are medically important. However, recent epidemiologic studies in Southeast Asia have ... identified a third Taenia species in humans, known as T asiatica. ... encoded search term (Taenia Infection) and Taenia Infection ... Of the 32 recognized species of Taenia, only Taenia solium (pork tapeworm) and Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm) are medically ... A coenurus is the larval stage of Taenia multiceps, Taenia serialis, and Taenia brauni. Adult tapeworms develop in dogs or ...
Taenia - definition of taenia by The Free Dictionary
taenia synonyms, taenia pronunciation, taenia translation, English dictionary definition of taenia. also te·ni·a n. pl. tae·ni· ... Related to taenia: Ascaris, Taenia saginata, Taenia solium, Taenia taeniaeformis. tae·ni·a. also te·ni·a (tē′nē-ə). n. pl. tae· ... Taenia marits americanan \###Taenia marits###Toxoplasma gondii###\###Taenia sp.. The Gastrointestinal Parasites and Bacteria ... taenia. (ˈtiːnɪə) or tenia. n, pl -niae (-nɪˌiː) 1. (Clothing & Fashion) (in ancient Greece) a narrow fillet or headband for ...
Immunoregulation by Taenia crassiceps and Its Antigens
Antigens from murine Taenia crassiceps cysticerci effectively substitute those from porcine Taenia solium," Archives of ... A. Toledo, C. Larralde, G. Fragoso et al., "Towards a Taenia solium cysticercosis vaccine: an epitope shared by Taenia ... Immunoregulation by Taenia crassiceps and Its Antigens. Alberto N. Peón, Arlett Espinoza-Jiménez, and Luis I. Terrazas ... Taenia crassiceps is a cestode parasite of rodents (in its larval stage) and canids (in its adult stage) that can also ...
Cobitis taenia - Wikispecies
Cobitis taenia in FishBase,. Froese, R. & Pauly, D. (eds.) 2018. FishBase. World Wide Web electronic publication, www.fishbase. ... Cobitis taenia Report on ITIS. Retrivied [03-12-2008], from the Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS).  ... Retrieved from "https://species.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cobitis_taenia&oldid=2494012" ...
Cysticerci of Taenia mustelae in the Fox Squirrel
R. F. Langham, R. L. Rausch, and J. F. Williams "Cysticerci of Taenia mustelae in the Fox Squirrel," Journal of Wildlife ... R. F. Langham, R. L. Rausch, J. F. Williams "Cysticerci of Taenia mustelae in the Fox Squirrel," Journal of Wildlife Diseases, ... the parasites were identified as cysticerci of Taenia mustelae. This is the first report in this host. The parasites were ...
PCR test for detecting Taenia solium cysticercosis in pig carcasses | SpringerLink
... test was employed to detect Taenia soliumDNA in muscle lesions for validation of the meat inspection results of slaughtered ... Manchas de leche (milk spots) por metacestodo de Taenia solium en higados de cerdo. Milk spots (milk spots) by larvae of Taenia ... Specific discrimination between Taenia saginata and Taenia solium by one step PCR assay and duplex-PCR. Ciencia Rural, Santa ... Diferenciacao especifica entre Taenia saginata e Taenia solium por ensaio de PCR e duplex-PCR. ...
Taenia solium Antibody, IgG by Western Blot
Notes from the Field: Identification of a Taenia Tapeworm Carrier - Los Angeles County, 2014
One month after treatment, the carrier was again screened for Taenia. No evidence of Taenia was found in any of the three stool ... One household member, a woman aged 37 years, was identified as a Taenia tapeworm carrier. Taenia eggs were identified by light ... Notes from the Field: Identification of a Taenia Tapeworm Carrier - Los Angeles County, 2014. Curtis Croker, MPH1, Jan Soriano1 ... She was instructed to collect any worm segments from her stool within 3 days after treatment so that the Taenia species could ...
Alguien tenia que decirlo | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
Crista Terminalis, Musculi Pectinati, and Taenia Sagittalis: Anatomical Observations and Applied Significance
Anda tenia un fotolog que cosas jeje - superpj - Fotolog
Browsing by Subject "Taenia solium"
Taenia solium: WHO endemicity map update = Taenia solium: carte dendémicité actualise de lOMS pour 2016 ... Landscape analysis: control of Taenia solium World Health Organization; Thomas, Lian Francesca (World Health Organization, ... Taenia solium taeniasis/cysticercosis diagnostic tools: report of a stakeholder meeting, Geneva, 17-18 December 2015 ...
Taenia solium | Clinical Microbiology Reviews
Taeniasis: Due to Taenia Solium - Dr. Mramba Nyindo - Cestodes | Coursera
Laboratory Diagnosis of Neurocysticercosis (Taenia solium) | Journal of Clinical Microbiology
Laboratory Diagnosis of Neurocysticercosis (Taenia solium). Hector H. Garcia, Seth E. ONeal, John Noh, Sukwan Handali, for The ... Laboratory Diagnosis of Neurocysticercosis (Taenia solium). Hector H. Garcia, Seth E. ONeal, John Noh, Sukwan Handali, for The ... Laboratory Diagnosis of Neurocysticercosis (Taenia solium). Hector H. Garcia, Seth E. ONeal, John Noh, Sukwan Handali, for The ... Laboratory Diagnosis of Neurocysticercosis (Taenia solium) Message Subject (Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from Journal ...
Taeniasis: Due to Taenia Saginatum - Dr. Mramba Nyindo - Cestodes | Coursera
Browsing Publications by Subject "Taenia solium"
Prevalence and distribution of Taenia solium cysticercosis in naturally infected pigs in Punjab, India
Etymologia: Taenia saginata - Volume 23, Number 12-December 2017 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC
Terefe Y, Hailemariam Z, Menkir S, Nakao M, Lavikainen A, Haukisalmi V, et al. Phylogenetic characterisation of Taenia ... Out of Africa: origins of the Taenia tapeworms in humans. Proc Biol Sci. 2001;268:781-7. DOIPubMed ... Historically, Taenia tapeworms (Figure) were believed to have infected humans no more than 10,000 years ago, around the time of ... Henry R. Etymologia: Taenia saginata. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2017;23(12):2029. doi:10.3201/eid2312.et2312.. ...
Taenia solium Tapeworm Infection, Oregon, 2006-2009 - Volume 17, Number 6-June 2011 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC
... is a parasitic infection of the central nervous system caused by Taenia solium larval cysts. Its epidemiology in cysticercosis- ... Taenia solium Tapeworm Infection, Oregon, 2006-2009 On This Page CME Introduction Methods Results Discussion CME Follow Up Cite ... Fecal samples were examined by light microscopy for Taenia spp. eggs or proglottids and by ELISA for Taenia spp. coproantigens ... Taenia solium Tapeworm Infection, Oregon, 2006-2009. Medscape CME Questions. 1. On the basis of the current population ...
Taenia saginata in Ethiopia - Department of Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety
TASK LOCUS9076 - Uncharacterized protein - Taenia asiatica (Asian tapeworm) - TASK LOCUS9076 gene & protein
Taenia solium - Biology-Online Dictionary
INFECTION WITH THE STROBILOCERCUS OF TAENIA TAENIAEFORMIS IN A MALAGASY GIANT JUMPING RAT (HYPOGEOMYS ANTIMENA)
Dimitri Widmer and Kerstin Jurczynski "INFECTION WITH THE STROBILOCERCUS OF TAENIA TAENIAEFORMIS IN A MALAGASY GIANT JUMPING ... INFECTION WITH THE STROBILOCERCUS OF TAENIA TAENIAEFORMIS IN A MALAGASY GIANT JUMPING RAT (HYPOGEOMYS ANTIMENA). ... Dimitri Widmer, Kerstin Jurczynski "INFECTION WITH THE STROBILOCERCUS OF TAENIA TAENIAEFORMIS IN A MALAGASY GIANT JUMPING RAT ( ... and were identified as larval stages of the cestode Taenia taeniaeformis. Unfortunately, the rat died a few hours after surgery ...
Neurocisticercose: relação entre dosagem de antígenos de Taenia no líquido cefalorraquidiano...
O objetivo deste estudo foi determinar a relação entre a dosagem de antígenos de Taenia mo LCR com as imagens obtidas através ... Detection of anti-Taenia antigens using ELISA techniques is a recent methodology that provides information about clinical ... Sessenta e três pacientes foram submetidos a exame detalhado do LCR, além de pesquisa de antígeno de Taenia através de teste de ... Observamos relação significativa entre a detecção de antígenos de Taenia e o número total de lesões e do número de cistos ...
Taenia Saginata Diagnosed as Digitalis Toxicity | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Taenia asiatica, their hybrids and other helminthic infections occurring in a neglected ... Taenia Saginata Diagnosed as Digitalis Toxicity. Ann Intern Med. 1961;55:679-680. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-55-4-679 ... The patient himself furnished the diagnosis by spontaneously passing an extensive segment of Taenia saginata proglottids. ...
NeurocysticercosisAsiaticaLarvaeAntigensCestodePisiformisGenusCysticerciHumansParasiteLarval stageTaeniaeformisGuinea pig taenia coliEchinococcusHydatigenaParasitesCestodaTaeniidaeInfectionMulticepsPorkOvisCystsNucleus taeniaePorcineProglottidsControl of Taenia solium2018MetacestodesColiEpidemiologyTapewormsAntigenEggsZoonoticKnown as the beef tapewormHostsInfectionsPrevalenceDiagnosisDetectionIntestinesSaginata cysticercosisAntibodiesLarvaTaeniosisBeefInfects
- The lesions were consistent with neurocysticercosis, which is defined by the World Health Organization as a 'parasitic infection of the central nervous system and is caused by the pork tapeworm Taenia solium. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Diagnosis of neurocysticercosis by detection of Taenia solium DNA using a global DNA screening platform. (springer.com)
- Identification of Taenia tapeworm carriers by screening household members (including housekeepers) of patients with neurocysticercosis in the United States has been reported ( 4-7 ). (cdc.gov)
- Taenia solium neurocysticercosis (NCC) is endemic in most of the world and contributes significantly to the burden of epilepsy and other neurological morbidity. (asm.org)
- This cluster begins by looking at the acquisition, manifestation, diagnosis, and treatment of neurocysticercosis, a helminthic infection of the nervous system caused by Taenia solium. (coursera.org)
- Neurocysticercosis (NCC) is a parasitic infection of the central nervous system caused by Taenia solium larval cysts. (cdc.gov)
- To demonstrate proof of principle, we developed and evaluated two magnetic immunochromatographic tests (MICTs) for detection of human Taenia solium taeniasis antibodies (ES33-MICT) and neurocysticercosis antibodies (T24-MICT). (asm.org)
- Taenia saginata metacestode antigens have been constituted a useful alternative antigen for neurocysticercosis (NC) serodiagnosis, particularly due to an increasing difficulty to obtain Taenia solium homologous antigen. (asm.org)
- Taenia solium is a parasite whose larvae (metacestodes) may be located in the central nervous system of humans, causing neurocysticercosis (NC). (asm.org)
- Neurocysticercosis resulting from Taenia solium infections is a major cause of adult-acquired seizures worldwide. (asm.org)
- Neurocysticercosis (NCC), the most common cause of adult acquired seizures worldwide, results from infection of the brain by the cystic larval stage of Taenia solium . (asm.org)
- Neurocysticercosis (NCC), caused by Taenia solium larvae that reside in the central nervous system, results in serious public health and medical issues in many regions of the world. (elsevier.com)
- for the Cysticercosis Working Group in Peru† 2019, ' Detection of Taenia solium DNA in the urine of neurocysticercosis patients ', American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene , vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 327-329. (elsevier.com)
- 2011) Evaluation of the performance of 5 commercialized enzyme immunoassays for the detection of Taenia solium antibodies and for diagnosis of neurocysticercosis. (bordier.ch)
- S.R.V. Atluri, P. Singhi, N. Khandelwal, N. Malla, (2009) Neurocysticercosis immunodiagnosis using Taenia solium cysticerci crude soluble extract, excretory secretory and lower molecular mass antigens in serum and urine samples of Indian children. (bordier.ch)
- Taenia asiatica , the Asian taenia, has humans as definitive hosts, and pigs and rarely cattle as intermediate hosts. (wikipedia.org)
- Taenia asiatica, commonly known as Asian taenia or Asian tapeworm, is a parasitic tapeworm of humans and pigs. (wikipedia.org)
- It was using these metacestodes, strobilae, and adult worms that they gave detailed morphological and anatomical comparisons and concluded it to be a novel species, Taenia asiatica, in 1993. (wikipedia.org)
- However, recent epidemiologic studies in Southeast Asia have identified a third Taenia species in humans, known as Taenia asiatica . (medscape.com)
- Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Taenia asiatica, their hybrids and other helminthic infections occurring in a neglected tropical diseases' highly endemic area in Lao PDR. (annals.org)
- In addition, a recent outbreak of human taeniasis due to Taenia asiatica , which also requires pig as the intermediate host, in Tokyo, Japan [ 13 ] prompts us to reevaluate the risk of T. solium infection in Japan. (biomedcentral.com)
- Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica are sister species and distantly related to Taenia solium . (unl.edu)
- Wonten tigang spésies ingkang kedah dipunmangertosi saking jinising cacing pita Taenia , inggih punika Taenia solium , Taenia saginata , kaliyan jinis Taenia asiatica . (wikipedia.org)
-  Nanging, kanggé cacing pita jinis Taenia asiatica , para ahli dèrèng aged mestikaké saged boten damel manungsa lelara sistiserkosis. (wikipedia.org)
-  Terdapat dugaan bahwa Taenia asiatica merupakan penyebab sistiserkosis di Asia. (wikipedia.org)
- Taenia gonyamai is parasite of antelope (as larvae) and lions (as adults). (wikipedia.org)
- Each white spot was a cyst caused by the larvae of taenia solium, a tapeworm found in pigs. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Milk spots (milk spots) by larvae of Taenia solium in pig livers. (springer.com)
- The neurocisticercosis (NC) disease is caused by the presence of Taenia solium (Tso) larvae in the central nervous system. (usp.br)
- We therefore investigated 12 samples of suspected human cysticercosis cases at the molecular level and surprisingly identified one Taenia crassiceps and one Taenia serialis (coenurosis) infection, which were caused by tapeworm larvae normally infecting rodents and sheep via eggs released from foxes and dogs. (asm.org)
- Detection of anti-Taenia antigens using ELISA techniques is a recent methodology that provides information about clinical activity of the disease. (usp.br)
- Antigens were detected in CSF samples by ELISA assay obtained from rabbit sera antibodies immunized with Taenia crassiceps cysticerci vesicular fluid. (usp.br)
- As NC immunodiagnosis continues to be a challenge because of the increasing difficulty in obtaining parasites from naturally infected pigs for the preparation of T. solium homologous antigen ( 33 ), alternative antigens, including heterologous antigens from Taenia saginata , have also been used with satisfactory results to diagnose human NC ( 29 , 31 , 32 ). (asm.org)
- A capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test that detects taeniid antigens (coproantigens) in human faeces was developed and standardised to use antibodies against somatic and secretory -excretory antigens produced by the tapeworm, achieving Taen/asis detection sensitivity values of 96% and up to 100% specificity for Taenia solium. (salford.ac.uk)
- Wells sensitized with soluble antigens from cysts of Taenia solium . (bordier.ch)
- Taenia crassiceps is a cestode parasite of rodents (in its larval stage) and canids (in its adult stage) that can also parasitize immunocompromised humans. (hindawi.com)
- Extirpated cysts placed in sterile saline solution or fixed in formalin were sent to the Institut für Parasitologie der Tierärztlichen Hochschule, Hannover, Germany, and were identified as larval stages of the cestode Taenia taeniaeformis . (bioone.org)
- Taenia crassiceps is a cestode parasite that uses carnivores as definitive hosts and rodents and rabbits as main intermediate hosts, but other animal species and humans may also get infected. (uzh.ch)
- 2009). Other parasite that uses rodents as intermediate hosts is the cosmopolitan cestode Taenia taeniaeformis Batsch, 1786 (Cestoda: Cyclophyllidea). (scielo.org.ar)
- Taenia solium is a zoonotic cestode that causes taeniasis and cysticercosis in humans. (biomedcentral.com)
- Taenia ovis is a cestode parasite infecting primarily sheep as intermediate hosts and dogs as definitive hosts. (asm.org)
- Humans can be infected with both the adult worm and larval forms of the cestode Taenia solium , causing taeniasis and cysticercosis, respectively. (asm.org)
- Taenia pisiformis is common in wild dogs and in rabbits , which serve as intermediate hosts. (wikipedia.org)
- Drugs with efficacy against Taenia pisiformis should be used. (vetstream.com)
- However, little difference was found between T. multiceps and Taenia pisiformis . (biomedcentral.com)
- However, the transcriptomes of only Taenia pisiformis [ 9 ] and Taenia saginata [ 10 ] have been reported from the Taeniidae family. (biomedcentral.com)
- T. hydatigena , T. multiceps , T. ovis ovis , T. pisiformis , T. serialis serialis , T. serialis brauni en T. taeniaeformis . (litnet.co.za)
- Domestic and cottontail rabbits are intermediate hosts for the canid tapeworm, Taenia pisiformis . (raising-rabbits.com)
- A tapeworm infestation of Taenia pisiformis in rabbits is actually called Tapeworm Cyst Infection, or Cysticercosis Pisiformis. (raising-rabbits.com)
- Taenia is a genus of tapeworms (a type of helminth ) that includes some important parasites of livestock. (wikipedia.org)
- Not all members of the genus Taenia have an armed scolex (hooks and/or spines located in the "head" region), for example, Taenia saginata has an unarmed scolex, while Taenia solium has an armed scolex. (wikipedia.org)
- 4. Any of various tapeworms of the genus Taenia, some of which infect humans. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Species of tapeworm in the genus TAENIA, that infects swine. (definitions.net)
- Taenia solium may indeed well be the best-known tapeworm, yet this genus also comprises several other species. (litnet.co.za)
- A Phylogenetic Hypothesis for Species of the Genus Taenia (Euce" by Eric P. Hoberg, Arlene Jones et al. (unl.edu)
- For these reasons, cysts of a related parasite of the same genus as T. solium , Taenia crassiceps , have been commonly used instead of T. solium cysts for in vitro studies of drug effects and parasite biology ( 16 , 17 , 32 ). (asm.org)
- This study aims to provide a rational basis for determining phylogenetic relationships among species of the genus Taenia by evaluating the relative value of 1) traditional and molecular characters and 2) commonly used methods of analysis. (edu.au)
- Unlike other Taenia they preferentially settle in the liver, where they form cysticerci. (wikipedia.org)
- R. F. Langham , R. L. Rausch , and J. F. Williams "Cysticerci of Taenia mustelae in the Fox Squirrel," Journal of Wildlife Diseases 26(2), 295-296, (1 April 1990). (bioone.org)
- Different effects of chorionic gonadotropin on Taenia crassiceps and Taenia solium cysticerci cultured in vitro. (biomedsearch.com)
- Fraga Carolina Miguel, Costa Tatiane Luiza, Bezerra José Clecildo Barreto, de Souza Lino Ruy, Vinaud Marina Clare (2012): Taenia crassiceps: Host treatment alters glycolisis and tricarboxilic acid cycle in cysticerci. (agriculturejournals.cz)
- The in vitro exposure of Taenia crassiceps cysticerci to 17-β estradiol (E 2 ) and progesterone (P 4 ) stimulated their reproduction and infectivity. (allenpress.com)
- Genetic variability among Taenia solium isolates was studied in 160 cysticerci from 6 pigs, 4 from Mexico, 1 from Honduras, and 1 from Tanzania. (allenpress.com)
- Taenia crassiceps usually infects canines and also rodents , but rarely infect humans. (wikipedia.org)
- Taenia saginata , beef tapeworm, infects cattle and humans, and can only reproduce while in the human gut. (wikipedia.org)
- Taenia solium , pork tapeworm, like T. saginata , has humans serving as its primary host, and it can only reproduce by the dispersal of proglottids while in the gut. (wikipedia.org)
- It is one of the three species of Taenia infecting humans and causes taeniasis. (wikipedia.org)
- When humans ingest Taenia solium eggs, they get cysticercosis. (coursera.org)
- Cysticercosis is a condition coming about when humans ingest Taenia solium eggs. (coursera.org)
- Humans are definitive hosts of Taenia saginata. (coursera.org)
- Historically, Taenia tapeworms ( Figure ) were believed to have infected humans no more than 10,000 years ago, around the time of domestication of cows and pigs. (cdc.gov)
- Hoberg EP , Alkire NL , de Queiroz A , Jones A . Out of Africa: origins of the Taenia tapeworms in humans. (cdc.gov)
- Phylogenetic characterisation of Taenia tapeworms in spotted hyenas and reconsideration of the "Out of Africa" hypothesis of Taenia in humans. (cdc.gov)
- The taeniasis-cysticercosis complex caused by Taenia saginata is responsible for two different occurrences and parasitic state in humans (taeniasis) and in cattle (cysticercosis). (scielo.br)
- In Taenia solium parasitic infections, humans are the only natural definitive host (taeniasis) while pigs are the intermediate hosts of larval stage (swine cysticercosis) ( 1 ). (frontiersin.org)
- However, by applying molecular methods, we recently identified Taenia crassips and Taenia martis as causes of cysticercosis in immunocompetent humans. (asm.org)
- They are morphologically indistinguishable form the eggs of Taenia saginata but, unlike the eggs of T. saginata, they are infectious to humans. (canada.ca)
- The present case represents an indicator of the environmental contamination with Taenia eggs, highlighting the risk of infection for susceptible animals and humans. (uzh.ch)
- Taenia and Echinococcus infections in humans : more about. (journals.co.za)
- n CME : Your SA Journal of CPD - Taenia and Echinococcus infections in humans : more about. (journals.co.za)
- Taenia solium Taen/asis is prevalent in humans in developing countries, and an imported disease in developed countries. (salford.ac.uk)
- Taenia serialis is a parasite of dogs and foxes which has rabbits as the intermediate host. (wikipedia.org)
- Comparative evaluation of different immunoassays for the detection of Taenia solium cysticercosis in swine with low parasite burden. (springer.com)
- Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm) is a zoonotic parasite. (ugent.be)
- Apoptosis of lymphocytes in the inflammatory reaction around Taenia solium metacestodes, might have been induced by the parasite cysteine protease, and may be involved in impairing cell-mediated immune responses in human and porcine cysticercosis. (biomedsearch.com)
- Taenia ovis (phylum Platyhelminthes, class Cestoda, family Taeniidae) is a parasite primarily infecting dogs as definitive hosts and sheep or goats as intermediate hosts. (asm.org)
- In fact a knowledge gap exists on the role played by red foxes in the epidemiology of Taenia multiceps and the capability of this parasite to produce fertile and viable eggs in this wild canid, i.e. on the occurrence of a sylvatic cycle. (biomedcentral.com)
- Cysticercosis is a parasitic infection caused by the metacestode larval stage (cysticercus) of Taenia solium . (frontiersin.org)
- Human cysticercosis, a disease classified as neglected by the World Health Organization (WHO), is commonly caused by the larval stage of the pork tapeworm Taenia solium ( 1 ). (asm.org)
- A trial with 200 ewes and 127 lambs showed that vaccination of lambs with 2 doses of Oncosphere Secretory Antigen (OSA) 4 weeks apart, at either 4-8 and 8-12 weeks or at 12-16 and 16-20 weeks of age, was equally effective in protecting them against infestation with the larval stage of Taenia multiceps. (up.ac.za)
- Taenia taeniaeformis uses rodents as intermediate hosts and then inhabits cats as the definitive hosts. (wikipedia.org)
- Dimitri Widmer and Kerstin Jurczynski "INFECTION WITH THE STROBILOCERCUS OF TAENIA TAENIAEFORMIS IN A MALAGASY GIANT JUMPING RAT ( HYPOGEOMYS ANTIMENA )," Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 43(4), 914-921, (14 December 2012). (bioone.org)
- Additionally, three larger metacestodes were detected in the liver and morphologically and molecularly identified as Taenia taeniaeformis strobilocerci. (uzh.ch)
- Taenia taeniaeformis is found worldwide where suitable hosts are present. (animaldiversity.org)
- Taenia taeniaeformis infects mainly rodents and cats so it is mainly a terrestrial organism. (animaldiversity.org)
- The adult Taenia taeniaeformis can be subdivided into three body sections. (animaldiversity.org)
- Taenia taeniaeformis infects intermediate hosts, including arthropods and vertebrates . (animaldiversity.org)
- Yolk glands form a compact organ inside Taenia taeniaeformis as well. (animaldiversity.org)
Guinea pig taenia coli1
- Phosphorus-31 NMR spectra of superfused isometrically mounted guinea-pig taenia coli were obtained using a horizontal probe at 103.2 MHz. (lu.se)
- rodents as intermediate hosts are postulated as ancestral for the Taeniidae, Taenia + Echinococcus . (unl.edu)
- Complete data sets for five species of Taenia and Echinococcus granulosus were obtained for eight biological, nine morphological, 63 isoenzyme, 65 mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and 97 ribosomal DNA (rDNA) characters. (edu.au)
- Taenia hydatigena uses ruminants and swine as intermediate hosts to infect mainly dogs . (wikipedia.org)
- Those with efficacy against Taenia hydatigena should be used, ie praziquantel Praziquantel , nitroscanate Nitroscanate , fenbendazole Fenbendazole , mebendazole Mebendazole or dichlorophenamide. (vetstream.com)
- samestelling van honde en jakkalse (byvoorbeeld T. hydatigena ). (litnet.co.za)
- Sequencing confirmed that two samples were from T. solium and three samples were from Taenia hydatigena. (elsevier.com)
- Taenia does something different in its intermediate host - an adaptation found in the evolutionary play book of the digenean flukes and some other parasites. (blogspot.com)
- Taenia solium is a tapeworm species of class Cestoda of phylum Platyhelminthes. (biology-online.org)
- This dataset contains the digitized treatments in Plazi based on the original journal article Rossin, María A., Timi, Juan T., Hoberg, Eric P. (2010): An endemic Taenia from South America: validation of T. tali c ei Dollfus, 1960 (Cestoda: Taeniidae) with characterization of metacestodes and adults. (gbif.org)
- Coenurosis or "Gid", known previously as Coenurus cerebralis, is a parasitic disease caused by the metacestode stage of Taenia multiceps (Cestoda, Teniidae). (biomedcentral.com)
- Taenia inggih punika salah satunggaling kéwan jinis cacing saking marga cacing pita ingkang kalebèt Karajan Animalia , Filum Platyhelminthes , Kelas Cestoda , Bangsa Cyclophyllidea , Suku Taeniidae . (wikipedia.org)
- Taenia solium is a tapeworm of the class cestoidea, order cyclophyllidea, and family Taeniidae Footnote 1 . (canada.ca)
- Taenia solium infection is one of the neglected tropical diseases with public health and veterinary concern in endemic regions. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Human taeniasis is a parasitic infection caused by tapeworm species including Taenia saginata, T. (thefreedictionary.com)
- Carriers of the pork tapeworm, Taenia solium , are the sole source of cysticercosis, a parasitic tissue infection ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- No evidence of Taenia was found in any of the three stool specimens examined, and the carrier was considered cleared of infection. (cdc.gov)
- Taenia solium tapeworm infection, Oregon, 2006-2009. (cdc.gov)
- infection of the Taenia saginata. (coursera.org)
- How do we acquire, Taenia saginata infection? (coursera.org)
- Taenia solium infection (taeniasis) is an intestinal infection with adult tapeworms that follows ingestion of contaminated pork. (merckmanuals.com)
- Taeniasis/cysticercosis caused by Taenia solium is a frequent parasitic infection of the human brain in most of the world. (asm.org)
- Taenia solium taeniasis/cysticercosis is a zoonotic helminth infection mainly found in rural regions of Africa, Asia and Latin America. (biomedcentral.com)
- Shepherd and stray dogs are thought to represent the primary definitive hosts of Coenurosis by Taenia multiceps , due to their feeding habits which translate into high chances of coming into contact with infected intermediate hosts. (biomedcentral.com)
- Of the 32 recognized species of Taenia, only Taenia solium (pork tapeworm) and Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm) are medically important. (medscape.com)
- The tapeworm in question is Taenia serialis , which is related to some more well-known species of tapeworms include the beef tapeworm and the pork tapeworm . (blogspot.com)
- Taenia ovis uses sheep as intermediate hosts to infect dogs and foxes . (wikipedia.org)
- We observed a significant relationship between Taenia antigen detection and the total number of lesions and intact cysts detected by MRI. (usp.br)
- Cysticercosis is caused by larval cysts of the tapeworm Taenia solium and is a major cause of adult onset seizures in most developing countries. (bordier.ch)
- In this study, we evaluated the expression of the Zenk protein within the nucleus taeniae of the pigeon's amygdala (TnA) after training in a classical aversive conditioning, in order to improve our understanding of its functional role in birds. (scielo.br)
- The nucleus taeniae of the amygdala (TnA) and the subpallial amygdaloid nuclei are considered to be comparable to the mammalian medial amygdala (6,7). (scielo.br)
- Lymphocyte apoptosis in the inflammatory reaction around Taenia solium metacestodes in porcine cysticercosis. (biomedsearch.com)
- Investigation of risk factors for porcine Taenia solium cysticercosis: a multiple regression analysis of a cross-sectional study in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico. (surrey.ac.uk)
- with Taenia proglottids on your thigh or clothes is a very embarrassing situation. (coursera.org)
- The patient himself furnished the diagnosis by spontaneously passing an extensive segment of Taenia saginata proglottids. (annals.org)
- Tapeworm proglottids (Taenia sp. (sciencephoto.com)
- Coloured scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of Intestinal tapeworm proglottids (Taenia sp). (sciencephoto.com)
Control of Taenia solium1
- Control of Taenia solium taeniasis/cysticercosis : the best way forward for sub-Saharan Africa? (ugent.be)
- Hofmannova L., Mikes L., Jedlickova L., Pokorny J., Svobodova V. (2018): Unusual cases of Taenia crassiceps cysticercosis in naturally infected animals in the Czech Republic. (agriculturejournals.cz)
- Bauer C, Thiel W, Bachmann R (1998): Taenia crassiceps metacestodes in the subcutis of a dog. (agriculturejournals.cz)
- To assess the effect of different cooking times and temperatures, as well as of some seasonings, on the viability of Taenia solium metacestodes in spicy meat and hot sausage. (scielo.org.mx)
- Lobaric acid, a constituent of the lichen Stereocaulon alpinum , was investigated for effects on the smooth muscle taenia coli from guinea pigs. (aspetjournals.org)
- In addition, the activity of lobaric acid on ionophore-induced generation of cysteinyl-leukotrienes in taenia coli was determined by enzyme immunoassay. (aspetjournals.org)
- To examine the nature of the in vitro inhibitory effect of lobaric acid on 5-lipoxygenase observed earlier, investigations were undertaken to study the effects of lobaric acid on ionophore A23187 induced contractions in the smooth muscle taenia coli from guinea pigs. (aspetjournals.org)
- EIA was used to determine the effects of lobaric acid on the release of cysteinyl-leukotrienes from taenia coli. (aspetjournals.org)
- Guezala Villavicencio, MC 2011, Detection and epidemiology of Taenia solium in Northern Peru , PhD thesis, Salford : University of Salford. (salford.ac.uk)
- Despite being commonly used in first year biology textbook as a "typical" example of a tapeworm, Taenia is anything but typical in terms of its life cycle compared with most other tapeworms. (blogspot.com)
- The objective of the study was to determine relationship between Taenia antigen detection in the CSF and MRI in patients with definite diagnosis of NC according to current diagnostic criteria. (usp.br)
- Sixty-three patients were submitted to a thorough CSF examination and Taenia antigen research. (usp.br)
- Results demonstrate that Taenia antigen detection is congruent with neuroimaging findings. (usp.br)
- Some CSF characteristics, like number of cells, gamma globulin concentration and ELISA assay were also concordant with Taenia antigen detection, indicating that inflammatory reaction in NC comprise cellular and humoral immunological factors. (usp.br)
- Immunoblot assays were performed using total larval antigen of Taenia crassiceps and 60 sera of positive bovines for cysticercosis (30 naturally and 30 experimentally infected with T. saginata eggs), 30 sera of negative bovines for cysticercosis and 30 sera of bovines with other diseases (fascioliasis, hydatidosis and tuberculosis). (scielo.br)
- Taenia eggs were identified by light microscopy in one of her three stool specimens at the county public health laboratory. (cdc.gov)
- Taenia eggs of different species are morphologically indistinguishable. (cdc.gov)
- Pigs may eat food contaminated with Taenia solium eggs. (coursera.org)
- Human excrete containing Taenia solium eggs. (coursera.org)
- consumption of taenia eggs from a tape worm carrier. (coursera.org)
- They will, cattle, ingest Taenia saginata eggs in contaminated food or water. (coursera.org)
- Diagnosis of taeniasis usually is established by microscopic observation of T. solium eggs in stool specimens, but this method is insensitive and cannot differentiate between T. solium and Taenia saginata ova. (asm.org)
- The aim of this study was to demonstrate the presence of Taenia solium eggs in beetles collected from sources within the natural environment through molecular techniques. (elsevier.com)
- Rarely, zoonotic Taenia species other than Taenia solium cause human cysticercosis. (asm.org)
Known as the beef tapeworm2
- Cospeciation with respect to carnivorous definitive hosts and Taenia appears to be limited. (unl.edu)
- This project has two parts: the development of a laboratory diagnostic method to accurately detect Taenia solium carriers at the species-level, and the use of a Geographic Information System (CIS) as a tool to study transmission dynamics between human and pig hosts. (salford.ac.uk)
- Taenia saginata is widely distributed across 21 of the 54 countries in the Americas, but insufficient epidemiological data are available to estimate the subnational spatial distribution, prevalence, incidence and intensity of infections. (nih.gov)
- Bithionol administered orally in a single dose of 50 to 66 mg/kg body weight to eight patients with Taenia saginata and eight with Diphyllobothrium latum infections caused the expulsion of long strobilae in all cases. (ajtmh.org)
- The test detects Taenia solium infections. (bordier.ch)
- The prevalence of Taenia solium carriage is largely unknown because carriage is asymptomatic, making detection difficult. (cdc.gov)
- Development of a Biomolecular Assay for Postmortem Diagnosis of Taenia saginata Cysticercosis. (springer.com)
- The diagnostic values of seven serological tests (ELISAs) and of the obligatory European Union-approved routine visual meat inspection for the detection of Taenia saginata cysticercosis were investigated. (uzh.ch)
- from a large population of Taenia saginata, in the intestines. (coursera.org)
- Validation of meat inspection results for Taenia saginata cysticercosis by PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism. (springer.com)
- Individuals from 10 communities had stool examinations ( N = 2,951) and serologic testing for Taenia solium antibodies ( N = 2,583). (ajtmh.org)
- Serum samples from 697 pigs were analysed by immunoblot for antibodies to Taenia solium cysticercosis and questionnaires from 227 households in 18 villages were collected. (surrey.ac.uk)
- Foram realizados ensaios de immunoblot, utilizando antígeno total de larva de Taenia crassiceps e 60 soros de bovinos positivos para a cisticercose (30 naturalmente e 30 experimentalmente infectados com ovos de T. saginata), 30 soros de bovinos negativos para a cisticercose e 30 soros de bovinos com outras patologias (fasciolose, hidatidose e tuberculose). (scielo.br)
- Taenia solium larva/adult ESTs, 2007). (biomedcentral.com)
-  Ingkang damel lelara punika nuninggih larva Taenia (sistiserkus), amargi naté wonten tigan cacing Taenia solium ingkang boten sengaja dielěg ( cacing pita babi ). (wikipedia.org)
- Discovered only in 1980s from Taiwan and other East Asian countries as an unusual species, it is so notoriously similar to Taenia saginata, the beef tapeworm, that it was for a time regarded as a slightly different strain. (wikipedia.org)