A sweet viscous liquid food, produced in the honey sacs of various bees from nectar collected from flowers. The nectar is ripened into honey by inversion of its sucrose sugar into fructose and glucose. It is somewhat acidic and has mild antiseptic properties, being sometimes used in the treatment of burns and lacerations.
Sugar-rich liquid produced in plant glands called nectaries. It is either produced in flowers or other plant structures, providing a source of attraction for pollinating insects and animals, as well as being a nutrient source to animal mutualists which provide protection of plants against herbivores.
Differential expression of mitochondrial genes between queens and workers during caste determination in the honeybee Apis mellifera. (1/1920)The nourishment received by female honeybee larvae determines their differentiation into queens or workers. In this study, we report the first molecular analysis of differences that occur between queens and workers during the caste-determination process. RNA-differential display experiments identified a clone that encodes for a gene that is homologous to the nuclear-encoded mitochondrial translation initiation factor (AmIF-2mt). Semi-quantitative analysis by reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) throughout honeybee development detected a higher level of expression of this gene in queen larvae than in worker larvae. Analysis of two other genes encoding mitochondrial proteins, cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COX-1; mitochondrial-encoded) and cytochrome c (cyt c; nuclear-encoded) also showed differential expression of these two genes between queens and workers. In particular, the cyt c transcript is more abundant in queen larvae and throughout the metamorphosis of the queen. These results indicate that the higher respiratory rate previously documented in queen larvae is accomplished through a higher level of expression of both nuclear- and mitochondrial-encoded genes for mitochondrial proteins. (+info)
IA in Kenyon cells of the mushroom body of honeybees resembles shaker currents: kinetics, modulation by K+, and simulation. (2/1920)Cultured Kenyon cells from the mushroom body of the honeybee, Apis mellifera, show a voltage-gated, fast transient K+ current that is sensitive to 4-aminopyridine, an A current. The kinetic properties of this A current and its modulation by extracellular K+ ions were investigated in vitro with the whole cell patch-clamp technique. The A current was isolated from other voltage-gated currents either pharmacologically or with suitable voltage-clamp protocols. Hodgkin- and Huxley-style mathematical equations were used for the description of this current and for the simulation of action potentials in a Kenyon cell model. Activation and inactivation of the A current are fast and voltage dependent with time constants of 0.4 +/- 0.1 ms (means +/- SE) at +45 mV and 3.0 +/- 1.6 ms at +45 mV, respectively. The pronounced voltage dependence of the inactivation kinetics indicates that at least a part of this current of the honeybee Kenyon cells is a shaker-like current. Deactivation and recovery from inactivation also show voltage dependency. The time constant of deactivation has a value of 0.4 +/- 0.1 ms at -75 mV. Recovery from inactivation needs a double-exponential function to be fitted adequately; the resulting time constants are 18 +/- 3.1 ms for the fast and 745 +/- 107 ms for the slow process at -75 mV. Half-maximal activation of the A current occurs at -0.7 +/- 2.9 mV, and half-maximal inactivation occurs at -54.7 +/- 2.4 mV. An increase in the extracellular K+ concentration increases the conductance and accelerates the recovery from inactivation of the A current, affecting the slow but not the fast time constant. With respect to these modulations the current under investigation resembles some of the shaker-like currents. The data of the A current were incorporated into a reduced computational model of the voltage-gated currents of Kenyon cells. In addition, the model contained a delayed rectifier K+ current, a Na+ current, and a leakage current. The model is able to generate an action potential on current injection. The model predicts that the A current causes repolarization of the action potential but not a delay in the initiation of the action potential. It further predicts that the activation of the delayed rectifier K+ current is too slow to contribute markedly to repolarization during a single action potential. Because of its fast activation, the A current reduces the amplitude of the net depolarizing current and thus reduces the peak amplitude and the duration of the action potential. (+info)
Biological activities of C-terminal 15-residue synthetic fragment of melittin: design of an analog with improved antibacterial activity. (3/1920)Melittin, the 26-residue predominant toxic peptide from bee venom, exhibits potent antibacterial activity in addition to its hemolytic activity. The synthetic peptide of 15 residues corresponding to its C-terminal end (MCF), which encompasses its most amphiphilic segment, is now being shown to possess antibacterial activity about 5-7 times less compared to that of melittin. MCF, however, is 300 times less hemolytic. An analog of MCF, MCFA, in which two cationic residues have been transpositioned to the N-terminal region from the C-terminal region, exhibits antibacterial activity comparable to that of melittin, but is only marginally more hemolytic than MCF. The biophysical properties of the peptides, like folding and aggregation, correlate well with their biological properties. (+info)
A PCR detection method for rapid identification of Paenibacillus larvae. (4/1920)American foulbrood is a disease of larval honeybees (Apis mellifera) caused by the bacterium Paenibacillus larvae. Over the years attempts have been made to develop a selective medium for the detection of P. larvae spores from honey samples. The most successful of these is a semiselective medium containing nalidixic acid and pipermedic acid. Although this medium allows the growth of P. larvae and prevents the growth of most other bacterial species, the false-positive colonies that grow on it prevent the rapid confirmation of the presence of P. larvae. Here we describe a PCR detection method which can be used on the colonies that grow on this semiselective medium and thereby allows the rapid confirmation of the presence of P. larvae. The PCR primers were designed on the basis of the 16S rRNA gene of P. larvae and selectively amplify a 973-bp amplicon. The PCR amplicon was confirmed as originating from P. larvae by sequencing in both directions. Detection was specific for P. larvae, and the primers did not hybridize with DNA from closely related bacterial species. (+info)
Differential gene expression between developing queens and workers in the honey bee, Apis mellifera. (5/1920)Many insects show polyphenisms, or alternative morphologies, which are based on differential gene expression rather than genetic polymorphism. Queens and workers are alternative forms of the adult female honey bee and represent one of the best known examples of insect polyphenism. Hormonal regulation of caste determination in honey bees has been studied in detail, but little is known about the proximate molecular mechanisms underlying this process, or any other such polyphenism. We report the success of a molecular-genetic approach for studying queen- and worker-specific gene expression in the development of the honey bee (Apis mellifera). Numerous genes appear to be differentially expressed between the two castes. Seven differentially expressed loci described here belong to at least five distinctly different evolutionary and functional groups. Two are particularly promising as potential regulators of caste differentiation. One is homologous to a widespread class of proteins that bind lipids and other hydrophobic ligands, including retinoic acid. The second locus shows sequence similarity to a DNA-binding domain in the Ets family of transcription factors. The remaining loci appear to be involved with downstream changes inherent to queen- or worker-specific developmental pathways. Caste determination in honey bees is typically thought of as primarily queen determination; our results make it clear that the process involves specific activation of genes in workers as well as in queens. (+info)
The role of orientation flights on homing performance in honeybees. (6/1920)Honeybees have long served as a model organism for investigating insect navigation. Bees, like many other nesting animals, primarily use learned visual features of the environment to guide their movement between the nest and foraging sites. Although much is known about the spatial information encoded in memory by experienced bees, the development of large-scale spatial memory in naive bees is not clearly understood. Past studies suggest that learning occurs during orientation flights taken before the start of foraging. We investigated what honeybees learn during their initial experience in a new landscape by examining the homing of bees displaced after a single orientation flight lasting only 5-10 min. Homing ability was assessed using vanishing bearings and homing speed. At release sites with a view of the landmarks immediately surrounding the hive, 'first-flight' bees, tested after their very first orientation flight, had faster homing rates than 'reorienting foragers', which had previous experience in a different site prior to their orientation flight in the test landscape. First-flight bees also had faster homing rates from these sites than did 'resident' bees with full experience of the terrain. At distant sites, resident bees returned to the hive more rapidly than reorienting or first-flight bees; however, in some cases, the reorienting bees were as successful as the resident bees. Vanishing bearings indicated that all three types of bees were oriented homewards when in the vicinity of landmarks near the hive. When bees were released out of sight of these landmarks, hence forcing them to rely on a route memory, the 'first-flight' bees were confused, the 'reorienting' bees chose the homeward direction except at the most distant site and the 'resident' bees were consistently oriented homewards. (+info)
Update on the status of Africanized honey bees in the western states. (7/1920)The Africanized honey bee (AHB), Apis mellifera scutella--perhaps better known as the "killer bee"--has arrived in the western United States and in southern California, following a nearly 50-year north-ward migration across South and Central America. First detected near Hidalgo, Texas in October 1993, the bees continue to advance 100 to 300 miles per year by colonizing existing hives or forming new hives in the wild. Although the AHB's "killer" reputation has been greatly exaggerated, the presence of AHBs will increase the chances of people being stung. (+info)
Mass envenomations by honey bees and wasps. (8/1920)Stinging events involving honey bees and wasps are rare; most deaths or clinically important incidents involve very few stings (< 10) and anaphylactic shock. However, mass stinging events can prove life-threatening via the toxic action of the venom when injected in large amounts. With the advent of the Africanized honey bee in the southwestern United States and its potential for further spread, mass envenomation incidents will increase. Here we review the literature on mass stinging events involving honey bees and wasps (i.e., yellowjackets, wasps, and hornets). Despite different venom composition in the two insect groups, both may cause systemic damage and involve hemolysis, rhabdomyolysis, and acute renal failure. Victim death may occur due to renal failure or cardiac complications. With supportive care, however, most victims should be able to survive attacks from hundreds of wasps or approximately 1000 honey bees. (+info)
The Bees were reformed to compete in the 2018 National League, with home meetings being staged at Leicester. The Bees became ... "Coventry Bees crowned Elite League champions". BBC Sport. BBC. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 5 October 2010. "Coventry Bees ... "BSPA confirm return of Coventry Bees and Peterborough". BBC Sport. BBC. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2011. "Coventry Bees ... Coventry Bees were a motorcycle speedway team that existed from 1929 to 2018. They raced at Brandon Stadium, Brandon near ...
"Burt's Bees". Retrieved 2007-09-20. "Our History - Burt's Bees". Retrieved 2007-09-20. "Company FAQs - Burt's Bees". Archived ... "The Burt's Bees Story". Archived from the original on 2007-10-17. Retrieved 2007-09-20. "Burt's Bees Celebrates their 30th ... During 2002 and 2003, Burt's Bees launched its first toothpaste, first shampoo, and its successful Baby Bee product line of ... prompting Burt's Bees to enter into the personal care products industry. Burt's Bees became incorporated in 1991, and had a ...
"BERRY BEES. TRE SPIE PER UNA MISS". "BERRY BEES. MISSIONE COLLARE D'ORO". "Berry Bees - 3. Missione principessa". "Berry Bees 4 ... Berry turned them into Bees agents in the B.I.A. (Bees Intelligence Agency). With their ability to hack systems, read minds, ... Berry Bees is an Italian children's book series by writing duo Carolina Capria and Maria Martucci, also known as Cat Le Blanc. ... The books have been translated into English, Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese, Slovenian, French, Turkish, Russian, Romanian, ...
... is an action video game written by Robert S. Harris for the Magnavox Odyssey2 and published in 1983. Art Levis for ... https://archive.org/details/games-42-1983-august/page/n53/mode/2up "Bob Harris And The Secret Of The Killer Bees", Dieter ...
... is an English women's football club affiliated with Barnet F.C. They play in the FA Women's National League South. ... The club has been in existence under several names since 1975, originally being called District Line Ladies F.C.. The team were ... In the 2016 FA WSL summer season, London Bees became the first WSL 2 club to reach the semi-finals of the FA WSL Cup, after ... In 2013, they were successful in their bid to join the WSL under their new name of London Bees for the 2014 season. ...
Due to the change of location, from this point on the Bracknell Bees Ice Hockey Club became the Bees Ice Hockey Club. Bees have ... The Bracknell Bees were formed in 1987, under the ownership of John Nike OBE. Bees began life in the Heineken League Division ... This led the Bees, along with fellow former BNL members Hull Stingrays and, the Bees biggest rivals, Guildford Flames, to move ... Ironically, as with the ISL winning team, the Bees were coached by an ex Bees player, Mike Ellis, again coaching in his second ...
Bees (nb: provisional research only - see Talk page) St Bees village web site home page St.Bees on Google Maps St Bees Parish ... even though St Bees Head would have been a prominent observation point. The name St Bees is a corruption of the Norse name for ... St Bees Lighthouse stands on the North Head which is the most westerly point of Northern England. St Bees is a popular holiday ... These are undertaken on St Bees Head and off the large sandy surf beach. The circular walk to St Bees Head and Birkhams quarry ...
The Jesup Bees did not qualify for the playoffs, finishing 14.0 games behind the 1st place Dublin Green Sox. The Jesup Bees ... The 1952 Jesup Bees continued play and finished last in the eight-team Georgia State League. The Jesup Bees finished with a ... The Jesup Bees were a minor league baseball team based in Jesup, Georgia that played from 1950 to 1953. The Bees played ... The 1951 Jesup Bees captured the Georgia State League pennant. The Bees placed 1st in the six-team regular season standings, ...
They were renamed the Bees when they became an affiliate of the Boston Bees in 1938. The team began competition in 1935 as the ... In 1938, the team changed its name to the Lexington Bees when they became a farm club of the National League's Boston Bees. ... The Lexington Bees, previously known as the Lexington Giants, were a Minor League Baseball team that played in the Class D ... Fanning led the Bees to a 66-59 (.528) record and third-place finish, which qualified them for the playoffs. The were ...
The Bisbee Bees were a Minor League Baseball team that represented Bisbee, Arizona from 1928 to 1941. The Bisbee Bees played as ... members of the Arizona State League (1928-1930) and Arizona-Texas League (1931-1932, 1937-1941). The Bees were an affiliate of ...
... is a village in Bagh District, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It is 20 kilometres from the district capital, Bagh, and 4 ...
... bees-airline.ru "Since February, 24 all flights canceled. , Bees.aero - Fly with us!". "Український лоукостер Bees Airline ... Bees Airline operated the following aircraft: List of airlines of Ukraine ch-aviation.com - Ukrainian CAA revokes Bees ... www.bees-airline.ru/news/ukrainskij-loukoster-bees-airline-svyazal-kiev-s-erevanom/ ... Bees Airline was a Ukrainian low-cost airline, which commenced operations in March 2021. Its head office was in Kyiv. The ...
Killer bee refers to a hybrid of the African honey bee with various European honey bees. Killer bees or Killer B's may also ... "Killer Bee" Bridgehampton School, nickname of high school basketball team featured in 2017 film documentary. The Killer Bees ( ... an American documentary film Killer Bee (Naruto), a fictional character in the anime and manga series Naruto The Killer Bees ( ... a character in the Street Fighter video-game series sometimes called Killer Bee Killer bees (business), firms or individuals ...
Bees was a member of the San Jose SaberCats of the AFL in 1999. Bees was selected by the AFL's Oklahoma Wranglers in the 2000 ... Bees played for the Ohio Bobcats of Ohio University in 1994. Bees made his first start for Ohio on October 22, 1994. He played ... Bees was traded to the Las Vegas Gladiators on November 19, 2003. He was released by the Gladiators on January 27, 2004. Bees ... Bees was signed by the Billings Outlaws of the National Indoor Football League (NIFL) in December 2002. Bees signed with the ...
Bees' Roux shakes off murder case". IOL News. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2013. "Why Bees is the right fit for ... "SA Rugby Player Profile - Bees Roux". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016. "It's Rugby player profile Bees Roux". ... Jacobus Stephanus "Bees" Roux (born 9 December 1981 in Upington) is a South African rugby union player, currently playing with ... "Bees Roux starts for Lions". Media24. Sport24. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2013. "SA Rugby Match Centre - Royal ...
"Bumble Bees" (Radio Edit) 3:50 "Bumble Bees" (K-Klass Classic Radio Edit) 3:52 "Bumble Bees" (Radio Edit) 3:52 "Bumble Bees" (K ... "Bumble Bees" (Jay Jay Mix) 5:22 "Bumble Bees" (Raz Club Mix) 5:37 "Bumble Bees" (Radio Edit) 3:53 "Bumble Bees" (K-Klass ... "Bumble Bees" (Jay Jay Mix) 5:22 "Bumble Bees" (Raz Club Mix) 5:37 "Bumble Bees" (Dawich Remix) 5:20 "Bumble Bees" 3:53 "Bumble ... "Bumble Bees" (Sharp Carnival Remix) 7:01 "Bumble Bees" (Jay Jay Mix) "Bumble Bees" (K-Klass Classic Klub Mix) 6:04 "Bumble Bees ...
... is a novel by Ukrainian author Andrey Kurkov. Originally published in 2018 in Kurkov's native Russian, it was ... "Grey Bees". Hachette. PBS NewsHour interview with Andrey Kurkov (April 11, 2022) v t e (Articles with short description, Short ...
Over 100 former Bees have played in the majors. In 2007, the Bees changed their logo and uniforms. Since 2000, the Bees have ... The team was first known as the "Bees" from 1924 to 1932 and again from 1954 to 1981. The Bees nickname was revived for the ... The Burlington Bees are a collegiate summer baseball team of the Prospect League. They are located in Burlington, Iowa, and ... The Bees have called historic Community Field, nicknamed "the hive", their home since 1947. The original grandstand portion of ...
... have been featured on popular music outlets such as MTV's "You Hear It First" (SXSW 2006 "Hot Bands to see ... Persephone's Bees is an Oakland-based pop/rock/electropop music group. Growing up in Pyatigorsk, Russia, lead singer Angelina ... Currently Angelina is working on her solo record and getting ready to record a new Persephone's Bees album. City of Love (2002 ... All the songs from the album were digitally released as singles every 6 weeks and in July, 2012 Persephone's Bees announced the ...
William Dolman Bees VC (12 September 1871 - 20 June 1938) was an English recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most ... Private Bees was one of the Maxim-gun detachment, which at Moedwil, on the 30th September, 1901, had six men hit out of nine. ...
As the Bees, the team won the league title in 1941. The Blue Wings also won a league title in 1949. Bradford no longer hosts ... The Bradford Bees were a minor league baseball team based in Bradford, Pennsylvania. The team was a charter member of the ... Boston Bees minor league affiliates, Boston Braves minor league affiliates, Cincinnati Reds minor league affiliates, New York ...
... a Nashville band formerly called The Bees The Bees Army, an opposition movement is Saudi Arabia. The Bees (film), the 1978 film ... The Bees may refer to: Barnet F.C., an English football club Boston Bees, the 1936-1941 name of the Boston (later Atlanta) ... American football player Bee (disambiguation) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Bees. If an ... an Australian rules football club often unofficially referred to as the Bees The Bees (band), an indie group from the Isle of ...
The effectiveness and specific abilities of the bees algorithm have been proven in a number of studies. A colony of honey bees ... The bees algorithm website Boffins put dancing bees to work - BBC News The bees algorithm workshop (All articles with dead ... there has to be at least one scout bee per each group end recruited_bees = (nGroups+1-i)^2; % set the number of recruited bees ... bees(g) % for each recruited bees of the group solution = bee_waggle_dance(sorted_population(beeIndex,1:maxParameters),ngh(g ...
Bracknell Queen Bees
The Fire Bees compete in the WNIHL League. The Ice Bees compete in the WNIHL Division U16 South. The Queen Bees club was ... The Queen Bees finished 2nd in the WPL. In the playoff finals the Queen Bees finished in 3rd beating Sunderland Scorpions 3-1 ... The Queen Bees became the playoff champions beating Sunderland 1-0 in the final. In the EIHA Knockout Cup the Queen Bees became ... 1998-99 The Queen Bees finished 3rd in the WPL. In the playoffs the Queen Bees finished 4th losing to Slough in the semi finals ...
Salt Lake Bees
The team also chose a logo, jersey, and color scheme similar to the latter Bees PCL franchise. Bees have long been a symbol of ... So after eleven seasons, the Bees moved to Los Angeles for the 1926 season. At first known as the Hollywood Bees, the team soon ... The team mascot is a large bee named Bumble. "Classic Baseball Returns to Salt Lake". Salt Lake Bees (Press release). Minor ... Aragon, Andrew (June 10, 2008). "Salt Lake Bees: Figgins is back for Bees' win". Deseret News. Deseret Digital Media. Retrieved ...
Mite biting bees
A group of Midwest bee breeders visiting the Purdue bee lab were inspired to start the Heartland Honey Bee Breeders Cooperative ... "Breeding Mite-Biting Bees to Control Varroa , Bee Culture". v t e (Beekeeping, All stub articles, Hymenoptera stubs). ... OSTERLUND, E. (2001). The Elgon Bee and Varroa Mites. Am. Bee J. 141: 174-177. ROSENKRANZ, P.; FRIES, I.; BOECKING, 0.; STURMER ... Bee World. 75: 5-28. Peng; Fang; Xu; Ge (1987). "The Resistance Mechanism of the Asian Honey Bee, Apis cerana Fabr. to an ...
Queen Bees (film)
Queen Bees at IMDb Queen Bees at Rotten Tomatoes Queen Bees at Metacritic (IMDb ID (Cite Mojo) different from Wikidata, ... Convinced that Dan has only been nice to her because he has been paid to be, Helen breaks off their relationship. Learning that ... "Queen Bees (2021)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved February 27, 2022. "Queen Bees (2021)". The Numbers. Nash Information ... "Queen Bees (2021)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved August 7, 2021. "Queen Bees Reviews". Metacritic. Red Ventures. ...
She Keeps Bees
Larrabee was recording an album as a solo artist under the name She Keeps Bees ("bees" coming from her surname) and met LaPlant ... "New signing for Domino Publishing--She Keeps Bees". Domino Publishing. 28 July 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2011. "She Keeps Bees ... She Keeps Bees (No 566)". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 November 2010. Rea, Mike (13 November 2008). "She Keeps Bees - Nests Album ... She Keeps Bees is a rock and roll band from Brooklyn, New York, formed in 2006 and consisting of Jessica ...
The Bees (film)
The Bees (Spanish: Abejas asesinas, "Killer Bees") is a 1978 Mexican horror film about South American bees imported to the USA ... The Bees at IMDb The Bees at Rotten Tomatoes v t e (Articles with short description, Short description is different from ... Fictional bees, Films about bees, 1978 films, 1978 horror films, New World Pictures films, 1970s English-language films, All ... The Bees at New York Times Christopher T Koetting, Mind Warp!: The Fantastic True Story of Roger Corman's New World Pictures, ...
Honey & the Bees
Page 31 HONEY AND THE BEES DISCOGRAPHY, LPs Discogs - Honey & the Bees, Discography, Compilations Discogs - Honey And The Bees ... Page 28 HONEY AND THE BEES Rock's Backpages - Blues & Soul, January 1972 - Honey and The Bees, John Abbey Cashboxmagazine.com ... Honey & the Bees were a girl group from Philadelphia who had a hit in 1971 with "It's Gonna Take A Miracle". Two of the members ... Credited to Honey & the Bees, it was given a four star rating in Billboard's May 1 issue, Spotlight Winners of the Week Pop ...
Treatment of ADHD | CDC
My Child Has Been Diagnosed with ADHD - Now What?. When a child is diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder ( ... Parent training in behavior management has been shown to work as well as medication for ADHD in young children. ... The long-term effects of ADHD medications on young children have not been well-studied. ...
Recognizing the hard work of bees
Using Bees To Save Elephants - Mother Jones
Solution: Strategically placed beehives, or even just recordings of bees, to create ... Elephants fear bees and run when they hear angry buzzing. Fact #2: African elephants are being squeezed into smaller and ... Fact #1: Elephants fear bees and run when they hear angry buzzing. Fact #2: African elephants are being squeezed into smaller ... Solution: Strategically placed beehives, or even just recordings of bees, to create "fences" elephants understand. ...
What a Grocery Store Without Bees Looks Like
... a market removes all the food that relies on bees from its produce department. ... In an effort to promote awareness about declining bee populations, ... Plant bee-friendly flowers and fruits. *Look for the "Share the Buzz" signs throughout stores to support vendors that donate to ... While the spotted owl and grey wolf may be the poster children for the environment, the honeybee has been nudging its way in as ...
A Bee in Their Bonnet
Tech & Science Science Bees. Bees are dropping like flies. Colony collapse disorder, the mysterious global epidemic in which ... A Bee in Their Bonnet. By Zoë Schlanger On 04/24/14 at 1:23 PM EDT ... The idea is to get these low-cost "smart" hives into backyards around the world, help build the bee population back up and ... Its all transmitted to a sleek online platform called Smart Citizen, which can let hive owners know when their bees are in ...
Connecticut's Wild Bees May Be In Trouble
... in New Haven who has also been part of the bee study. Her job includes checking bee traps at seven different spots around the ... includes 11 wild species that hadnt been recorded in Connecticut before. They may have been here all along and not have been ... The new bee data base for Connecticut will, in the future, give scientists the chance to gauge the health of wild bees here. ... The traps or "bee bowls" are containers of fluids that both attract bees and drown them once theyre inside. While this may ...
Two Lof Bees Stickers for Sale | Redbubble
Unique Two Lof Bees stickers featuring millions of original designs created and sold by independent artists. Decorate your ... Quality kiss-cut, vinyl decal, Two Lof Bees stickers. Removable and super stickery. Perfect for phone cases, laptops, journals ... Thesis Monster Stickers (holidays & all-nighters) - two lof bees Sticker. By Josh Bush ... Thesis Monster Stickers (drafts & deadlines) - two lof bees Sticker. By Josh Bush ...
Extracts of Polypore Mushroom Mycelia Reduce Viruses in Honey Bees | Scientific Reports
Bees have been observed foraging on mushroom mycelium, suggesting that they may be deriving medicinal or nutritional value from ... Extracts from amadou (Fomes) and reishi (Ganoderma) fungi reduced the levels of honey bee deformed wing virus (DWV) and Lake ... These findings indicate honey bees may gain health benefits from fungi and their antimicrobial compounds. ... Waves of highly infectious viruses sweeping through global honey bee populations have contributed to recent declines in honey ...
Controversial Bowery Wall mural has been defaced
This isnt the first time a mural for the Bowery Wall has been vandalized, nor is it, in fact, the first time Choes mural has ... As first reported by Bowery Boogie, the letters BTM have been scrawled across Choes work. The tag is the handiwork of graffiti ... Controversial Bowery Wall mural has been defaced. Written by Howard Halle. Tuesday June 13 2017. ... Now, less than a week after it was completed, Choes mural has been defaced. ...
A Bee at UCC | University College Cork
Life Hackers | You Have Been Warned | Discovery
No 'Bee-Apocalypse,' Thanks to Free Markets
Bees No Bee-Apocalypse, Thanks to Free Markets. A new study finds no dramatic and widespread economic effects from colony ... BeesCommercial beekeepersFree MarketsPesticides Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare by emailPrint friendly ... young bees, queen bees, and supplies of honey. That winter, between 651,000 and 875,000 of the nations estimated 2.4 million ... This is routinely achieved either by splitting and then introducing a new queen to healthy hives or purchasing packaged bees ...
Never Been Kissed Reviews - Metacritic
Never Been Kissed movie reviews & Metacritic score: A Chicago newspaper reporter (Barrymore) who goes undercover at a high ... Never Been Kissed is an amusing romantic comedy with Drew Barrymore. The movie hits the right notes and has a talented cast ... Arquette elevated the quality of the movie, without them and the rest of the cast this movieNever Been Kissed is an amusing ... Im an undercover reporter for the Chicago Sun Times and Ive been beating my brains out trying to impress you people. Let me ...
American Bee Journal - Google Books
Includes summarized reports of many bee-keeper associations. ... Agriculture American Bee American Bee Journal Apiaries areas ... Association Bee Journal beekeepers Bees and Queens better brood Calif California Caucasian cents City Clipped colonies combs ... Dadant & Sons, 1963 - Bee culture. 0 Reviews. Reviews arent verified, but Google checks for and removes fake content when its ... cover crop Dadant disease early Editor equipment extra extracting fall Farms feed field frame give Hamilton hive honey bees ...
Bees Dance "The Waggle" - Apologetics Press
A worker bee that finds pollen and nectar brings them back to the bee hive and passes the food to the other bees. As the worker ... Not only does the bee dance show other bees the way to food, but it shows humans that there is an awesome God who gave the bees ... The bee uses the Sun as a reference point. If the bee dances in a straight line to the right, then the food is directly to the ... If the bee dances straight up, then the food is straight toward the Sun. If the bee dances straight down the honeycomb, then ...
Samantha Bee | Who2
Samantha Bee. Where: New York City, United States. When: 01 Oct 2009. ... Samantha Bee. Opening Night After Party for Nora and Delia Ephrons Love, Loss and What I Wore held at the Bryant Park Grill ... Samantha Bee. Samantha Bee. Opening Night After Party for "Nora and Delia Ephrons Love, Loss and What I Wore" held at the ... Featuring: Samantha Bee. Where: New York City, United States. When: 01 Oct 2009. ...
I've been signed!!!
Finally! Ive been recognized!. by earnestshub 11 years ago. OK, it was only an old bloke sitting with his wife outside ... Ive been working on it for a very long time and after several tweaks and rewrites it caught the interest of an agent. She is ... Hey everyone, sorry I havent been around much lately. I see a lot of changes here and I hope to get back in the swing of ... Ive been signed!!!. Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (35 posts) ...
Thousands of bees removed from Times Square restaurant - WFTV
Thousands of bees removed from Times Square restaurant A member of the New York Police Department is seen removing the bees. ( ... 7 Fun Facts About Bees There are more than 20,000 species of bees. (NCD) ... Thousands of bees removed from Times Square restaurant. By Lauren Silver, Cox Media Group National Content Desk. June 27, 2022 ... In their tweet, officers said the bees would be "relocated to an area where their pollenating skills will be put to good use." ...
Phylogenetics of Bees - 1st Edition - Rustem Abuzarovich Ilyasov - Hy
The ancestors of bees are assumed to be predatory wasps, which switched to p ... Bees are flying insects of the order Hymenoptera closely related to wasps and ants. ... Widely known bees are western bees Apis mellifera, and eastern bees Apis cerana. This book sheds light on features of evolution ... Bees are flying insects of the order Hymenoptera closely related to wasps and ants. The ancestors of bees are assumed to be ...
View NEW Bee Friendly by ArtByMernie on Etsy
NEW- Bee Friendly (23) All (119) NEW- Bee Friendly (23) Hand Painted Frames Art (26) The Incompetent Psychic (1) 9x12 Original ... Iris Bees Original 18x22 Acrylic Painting Framed, Purple Iris Flowers Wall Art & Honey Bees in Forest Garden, Hand Painted Wood ... Hudson Valley Bee Supply Original 14x17 Acrylic Painting, Fall Landscape Wall Art in Hand Painted Bees Frame Catskills NY, ... Queen Bee Original 12x9 Acrylic Painting, Queen Honey Bee Portrait, Upcycled Hand Painted Ornate Frame, Quirky Wall Art, ...
Steve Kornacki: It's been Cinderella's Ball so far
Coronavirus Today: What a year it's been - Los Angeles Times
Theres been a lot of frustration over the past 12 months, but a new study confirms that our sacrifices were worth it - ... Theres been a lot of frustration over the past 12 months, but a new study confirms that our sacrifices were worth it - ... Gordon and Diane have been married for 54 years. He was a band director at Glendale High School when they met. Years later, ... The set has been missing a key component for almost a year. ... those restrictions had been lifted. Researchers studied the ...
The secret work life of bees - Marketplace
Mark Ryden's Bunnies and Bees - Last Gasp
BUNNIES AND BEES - REGULAR EDITIONPortfolio of 14 prints, including a numbered certificate. Prints are 8 x 10 high quality ... Home › Limited Editions and Deluxe Editions › Mark Rydens Bunnies and Bees * ← Previous Product ... This portfolio features paintings, details and studies from the Mark Ryden Bunnies and Bees show. Edition of 10,000.. Print ... MICRO PORTFOLIO THREE - BUNNIES AND BEES - REGULAR EDITION. Portfolio of 14 prints, including a numbered certificate. Prints ...
Millions of bees bound for Alaska are rerouted and die in Atlanta
The bees must be fed along the way (generally sugar water), and they must be kept cool. Read more at Boston.com. ... She was told the bees had been removed from the cooler and put on the tarmac because some might have been escaping from the ... It was 83 degrees in Atlanta that day, too hot for the bees to be outside. Putting the bees outside also attracted native bees ... Morgan, who says he always gets the "bee odd job," drove to the airport armed with beehives, bee vacuums and food for the bees ...
Bees Are No Bumblers | Lighter Side | Sep 2014 | Photonics Spectra
"Numerous experiments have, of course, been conducted both on bee vision and foraging ... but none had tried to find out if bees ... Understanding those connections has never been more important. The decline in the bee population poses a severe threat to ... MeasurementUniversity of Western Australiahoneybeesbee navigationbee visionJulian Partridge ... A sensitive area in the eyes of bees allows them to see polarization patterns in the sky and use them as a compass for foraging ...
Who's Been Eating All Those Sea Otters? | Science News
America Has Never Been So Ripe for Tyranny -- NYMag
... "have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention … and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been ... Once believed to have been dissolved in acid, the body of the Saudi dissident is now thought to have been burned. ... And he would, I think, have been astonished at how American democracy has been able to thrive with unprecedented stability over ... Over the centuries, however, many of these undemocratic rules have been weakened or abolished. The franchise has been extended ...
- Without bees to pollinate our food, we'd have a third less variety of food to choose from. (treehugger.com)
- NEW HAVEN - There are an astounding 337 species of bees buzzing around to pollinate Connecticut's flowers, crops and trees, according to a new research effort, and the vast majority of those are wild insects. (courant.com)
- Some of McElrea's customers, especially apple orchards and nurseries, depend on the bee shipment to pollinate their crops and have an abundant spring and fall harvest. (boston.com)
- Experts theorize that disease brought in with introduced bee species may have something to do with the loss of these native insects. (courant.com)
- Bees and other insects are critical to the pollination of American crops worth an estimated $24 billion a year. (courant.com)
- Bees are flying insects of the order Hymenoptera closely related to wasps and ants. (routledge.com)
- The Obama administration recently released a plan to spend more than $82 million on research into the problems of bees and other pollinators like monarch butterflies. (courant.com)
- While the tone of much discussion of pollinators and their health is bleak, our results give cause for considerable optimism, at least for the economically dominant honey bee. (reason.com)
- What happens when a bee finds a wonderful group of flowers that are full of great pollen for honey? (apologeticspress.org)
- A worker bee that finds pollen and nectar brings them back to the bee hive and passes the food to the other bees. (apologeticspress.org)
- The ancestors of bees are assumed to be predatory wasps, which switched to pollen consumption. (routledge.com)
- Bee pollen is flower pollen that's collected by worker bees, mixed with nectar and bee saliva, and then packed into honeycomb cells in the hive. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen might help stimulate the immune system, but it's not clear how bee pollen causes these effects. (medlineplus.gov)
- People take bee pollen for athletic performance, hay fever, eczema, constipation, obesity, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses. (medlineplus.gov)
- There is also no good evidence to support using bee pollen for COVID-19. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollens come from many different plants, so the contents of bee pollen can vary significantly. (medlineplus.gov)
- Taking bee pollen by mouth doesn't seem to improve athletic performance. (medlineplus.gov)
- There is interest in using bee pollen for a number of other purposes, but there isn't enough reliable information to say whether it might be helpful. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen is possibly safe when used for up to 30 days. (medlineplus.gov)
- Taking bee pollen by mouth is possibly unsafe during pregnancy. (medlineplus.gov)
- There isn't enough reliable information to know if bee pollen is safe to use when breast-feeding. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen can cause serious allergic reactions in people who are allergic to certain types of pollen. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen might increase the effects of warfarin. (medlineplus.gov)
- Taking bee pollen with warfarin might result in an increased chance of bruising or bleeding. (medlineplus.gov)
- There isn't enough reliable information to know what an appropriate dose of bee pollen might be. (medlineplus.gov)
- Naseri L, Khazaei MR, Khazaei M. Potential therapeutic effect of bee pollen and metformin combination on testosterone and estradiol levels, apoptotic markers and total antioxidant capacity in a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen as a promising agent in the burn wounds treatment. (medlineplus.gov)
- Nonotte-Varly C. Allergenicity of Artemisia contained in bee pollen is proportional to its mass. (medlineplus.gov)
- Münstedt K, Voss B, Kullmer U, Schneider U, Hübner J. Bee pollen and honey for the alleviation of hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms in breast cancer patients. (medlineplus.gov)
- Komosinska-Vassev K, Olczyk P, Kazmierczak J, Mencner L, Olczyk K. Bee pollen: chemical composition and therapeutic application. (medlineplus.gov)
- Bee pollen-induced anaphylaxis: a case report and literature review. (medlineplus.gov)
- Murray F. Get the buzz on bee pollen. (medlineplus.gov)
- The effect of bee pollen on physiological performance: Ann Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine, Nashville, TN, May 26-29. (medlineplus.gov)
- The Western honey bee ( Apis mellifera ) is a critical component of crop production and food biosecurity worldwide. (nature.com)
- Widely known bees are western bees Apis mellifera , and eastern bees Apis cerana . (routledge.com)
- His major is population genetics, genomics, taxonomy, and molecular evolution of honey bees Apis mellifera and Apis cerana . (routledge.com)
- Apis and non- Apis (such as flies and small bees ) floral visitors, known to have different effects on vine pollination , could hypothetically provide variation in vine production and quality. (bvsalud.org)
- But an international collective of designers and hackers has a plan: They've developed an open-source, printable "smart" hive they hope will help unravel the secret of the disappearing bees. (newsweek.com)
- It's all transmitted to a sleek online platform called Smart Citizen, which can let hive owners know when their bees are in danger. (newsweek.com)
- The idea is to get these low-cost "smart" hives into backyards around the world, help build the bee population back up and develop an online network of real-time hive data that researchers can use to figure out why bees are dying out. (newsweek.com)
- How can the bee tell the other bees in the hive how to find the flowers? (apologeticspress.org)
- The New York Police Department shared pictures of the hive on Twitter , saying that the department was called in to remove the 2,000 bees that were living in a restaurant's outdoor seating area. (wftv.com)
- Waves of highly infectious viruses sweeping through global honey bee populations have contributed to recent declines in honey bee health. (nature.com)
- Extracts from amadou ( Fomes ) and reishi ( Ganoderma ) fungi reduced the levels of honey bee deformed wing virus (DWV) and Lake Sinai virus (LSV) in a dose-dependent manner. (nature.com)
- These findings indicate honey bees may gain health benefits from fungi and their antimicrobial compounds. (nature.com)
- The pollination of almonds in California alone requires relocating over 75% of the managed honey bee colonies (nearly 2 million) in the United States on this single crop during bloom. (nature.com)
- This combination of high demand and reduced supply has led to expansive increases in pollination costs for growers, while beekeepers have been hard-pressed to maintain adequate numbers of healthy honey bee colonies to remain economically viable, even with the benefit of higher pollination service fees. (nature.com)
- Warnings of an impending " bee apocalypse " became widespread in 2006, after some commercial beekeepers reported the mass disappearance of worker honeybees from a substantial proportion of their hives, leaving behind larva, young bees, queen bees, and supplies of honey. (reason.com)
- Moreover, and in stark contrast to perceptions formed from surveying media sources as well as a substantial body of academic literature, we find that CCD has not had measurable effects on honey production, input prices, or even numbers of bee colonies. (reason.com)
- His research focuses on the genomics study of species diversity of honey bees. (routledge.com)
- Concerns about the health of wild bee populations have been increasing in recent years in direct proportion to stunning losses of domesticated honeybees. (courant.com)
- Fewer honeybees mean we become more and more dependent on wild bees. (courant.com)
- Studying domesticated honeybees is a lot easier and lots more money has been devoted to honeybee research because of their commercial and agricultural importance, she said. (courant.com)
- When Sarah McElrea arrived at the airport in Anchorage, Alaska, last Friday to pick up the 800 pounds of honeybees she was having shipped from Sacramento, California, she got the first sense of a disaster in the making: The bees - some 5 million of them - were in Atlanta, not Anchorage. (boston.com)
- Stings from bees, wasps, and ants produce a wide array of clinical manifestations that can be local or systemic. (who.int)
- And in March and April 2020, 49 states along with Washington prohibited all on-premises dining at restaurants, though by mid-June, those restrictions had been lifted. (latimes.com)
- Yet we continue to see alarming declines in bee numbers,' said Eric Mader, assistant pollinator conservation director at the Xerces Society. (treehugger.com)
- But Connecticut experts warn that at least four native bee species have vanished from our state since 1997, and the likelihood is that their disappearance was caused by human activity. (courant.com)
- There's good evidence those species have declined across the Northeast," said Kimberly Stoner, an associate scientist and bee researcher with the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station's entomology department here in New Haven. (courant.com)
- Their study, which is due to be submitted this month to an entomological journal for publication, includes 11 wild species that hadn't been recorded in Connecticut before. (courant.com)
- Only nine of Connecticut's 337 bee species are non-native types, Stoner said. (courant.com)
- The new study to document the number of different types of bees in Connecticut wasn't focused on the loss of any particular species. (courant.com)
- Researchers led by John S. Ascher, a scientist with the American Museum of Natural History, were attempting to find out how many of North America's approximately 4,000 bee species call Connecticut home. (courant.com)
- 7 Fun Facts About Bees There are more than 20,000 species of bees. (wftv.com)
- Further, bees co-evolved with flowering plants and divided into several species according to climatic conditions. (routledge.com)
- The 200 crates of bees were the first of two shipments coming in from Sacramento designated for more than 300 beekeepers in Alaska to provide much-needed pollination services for apple orchards and nurseries, she said. (boston.com)
- McElrea sells many of the bees she imports to local backyard beekeepers but also helps with pollination services. (boston.com)
- She was frantically looking for a solution when it occurred her to call the Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association 's swarm hotline - the number to call when seeing a swarm of bees on the move. (boston.com)
- After talking with a few other beekeepers in Georgia, Morgan concluded that the best course would be to gather up the few remaining bees and give them away. (boston.com)
- Gatt, who did not go to the airport, and Morgan sent emails and posted notices to members of the Georgia Beekeepers Association and the Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association: There are free bees at the airport, please come and get them. (boston.com)
- As the worker bee passes out the food, it performs a very special dance. (apologeticspress.org)
- Members of the Hymenoptera order in particular are of importance as they are nearly ubiquitous in nature and few such as bees, are also used for commercial purposes. (who.int)
- This is routinely achieved either by splitting and then introducing a new queen to healthy hives or purchasing packaged bees consisting of around 12,000 workers and a queen from breeders. (reason.com)
- Bees are dropping like flies. (newsweek.com)
- Tristan Copley Smith, a filmmaker and open-source activist who co-founded OSBH, anticipates that the sensors will ultimately connect colony collapse to neonicotinoid insecticides, which the EU has banned in light of studies that link them to increased susceptibility to viruses in bees. (newsweek.com)
- Similar mass colony losses have been documented 23 times since 1868. (reason.com)
- These risk factors placed in isolation and afterward admitted to a private have been associated with increasing mortality rates by hospital in Maputo city. (who.int)
- Over two billion COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered globally and millions of people have been vaccinated in Africa. (who.int)
- Some environmental groups claim new program doesn't go far enough because it fails to ban neonicotinoid pesticides, which have been prohibited in the European Union for the past two years because of the bee issue. (courant.com)
- Ascher and David Wagner of the University of Connecticut's department of ecology and evolutionary biology made visits to both public and private bee collections at places like the Peabody Museum as well as universities and colleges around the state looking for documentation on native bees. (courant.com)
- Putting the bees outside also attracted native bees in the area, making it hard to get near the packages. (boston.com)
- Different visitation frequencies of native and non-native bees to vines: how much vegetation is necessary to improve fruit production? (bvsalud.org)
- However, considering only native bee abundance, we found a dual (hyperbolic) response. (bvsalud.org)
- however, when removed from the network analysis , the relationship between vineyards and native bees became more specialized. (bvsalud.org)
- Despite a number of claims in the general and scientific media, a cause or causes of CCD have not been identified by researchers. (treehugger.com)
- Not only does the bee dance show other bees the way to food, but it shows humans that there is an awesome God who gave the bees an astonishing way to communicate. (apologeticspress.org)
- The photos show a member of the NYPD nonchalantly removing the bees, wearing no protection. (wftv.com)
- This portfolio features paintings, details and studies from the Mark Ryden Bunnies and Bees show. (lastgasp.com)
- Initially approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1994, metformin has been the preferred first-line glucose-lowering agent for patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) owing to its effectiveness, low hypoglycemia risk, weight neutrality, long clinical track record of safety, and affordability . (medscape.com)
- She's also been a regular volunteer in type 1 diabetes clinical trials. (medlineplus.gov)
- The long-term effects of ADHD medications on young children have not been well-studied. (cdc.gov)
- We believe it will provide renewed access to a treatment option where other new medications have been insufficient for meeting patients' needs," added Jeffery Roberts, patient advocate and founder of the IBS Patient Group. (medscape.com)
- Infections at site of a bee sting can result in the localized pustular lesion with peripheral induration or in severe cases deep necrotizing fascia infection with sepsis and multisystem organ failure. (who.int)
- The navigation menu has been collapsed. (medlineplus.gov)
- But Copley Smith predicts crowdsourced beehives will end the debate and, ideally, save the bees. (newsweek.com)
- If the food is far away (which it usually is), the bee does a "waggle" dance. (apologeticspress.org)
- The amazing thing about the dance is that it tells the other bees exactly where the food is. (apologeticspress.org)
- Morgan, who says he always gets the "bee odd job," drove to the airport armed with beehives, bee vacuums and food for the bees. (boston.com)
- He realized that the containers had been placed upside down, making it impossible for the bees to reach their food. (boston.com)
- NEW YORK - New York City was abuzz this weekend when emergency crews removed thousands of bees that had made a home for themselves at a Times Square restaurant. (wftv.com)
- The stress for them has been largely taken away. (medlineplus.gov)
- Parent training in behavior management has been shown to work as well as medication for ADHD in young children. (cdc.gov)
- She is a sustainability expert and author whose work has been published by the New York Times and National Geographic, among others. (treehugger.com)
- As first reported by Bowery Boogie, the letters BTM have been scrawled across Choe's work. (timeout.com)
- Her concerns were well-founded - millions of the bees would die. (boston.com)
- How can you find out if you've been exposed to TCE? (cdc.gov)
- Young people were asked how often they had been bullied at school in the past couple of months. (who.int)
- The country's digital censorship of overseas platforms has been dubbed the 'Great Firewall. (cnbc.com)
- These simple strategies can tip the balance back in favor of bees. (treehugger.com)
- JP Quinn, Head of the UCC Visitors' Centre and author of 'A Bee at UCC' h osts live readings with primary-school aged members of the Cork Down Syndrome Community and their families. (ucc.ie)
- There's not really a lot of data for other types of [wild] bees," Stoner said during a recent interview in her office in the basement of the experiment station's Jenkins-Waggoner Laboratory. (courant.com)
- It initially gained traction with the Silicon Valley tech community, but in recent weeks the app has been downloaded onto smartphones across China. (cnbc.com)
- Cancer has been conquered : the Hasumi cancer virus vaccines (based upon virus causation theory of cancer / Kiichiro Hasumi. (who.int)
- The Oxford-AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BionTech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines have been approved for use by WHO. (who.int)
- These vaccines have been tried, tested and proven to be safe. (who.int)
- Another beehive was found in New York City last week, when officers in the 17th Precinct described an "unBEElievably" large crowd of bees on a fire hydrant. (wftv.com)
- The NYPD has an entire Twitter account, @NYPDBees , that documents the department's ongoing efforts to safely remove and relocate bees found in the city. (wftv.com)
- The study in this state is part of a project to create an international "bee database. (courant.com)
- Tracy Zarrillo is a research technician at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station (CAES) in New Haven who has also been part of the bee study. (courant.com)
- There's been a lot of frustration over the past 12 months, but a new study confirms that our sacrifices were worth it - including the old T-shirt that became your first mask. (latimes.com)
- Strategically placed beehives, or even just recordings of bees, to create "fences" elephants understand. (motherjones.com)
- Environmental and population characteristics have been analyzed worldwide to understand their possible association with COVID-19. (who.int)
- The trouble with that is scientists haven't conducted very much research into wild bees, Stoner said. (courant.com)