Various salts of a quaternary ammonium oxime that reconstitute inactivated acetylcholinesterase, especially at the neuromuscular junction, and may cause neuromuscular blockade. They are used as antidotes to organophosphorus poisoning as chlorides, iodides, methanesulfonates (mesylates), or other salts.
An anticoagulant that acts by inhibiting the synthesis of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors. Warfarin is indicated for the prophylaxis and/or treatment of venous thrombosis and its extension, pulmonary embolism, and atrial fibrillation with embolization. It is also used as an adjunct in the prophylaxis of systemic embolism after myocardial infarction. Warfarin is also used as a rodenticide.
A lipid cofactor that is required for normal blood clotting. Several forms of vitamin K have been identified: VITAMIN K 1 (phytomenadione) derived from plants, VITAMIN K 2 (menaquinone) from bacteria, and synthetic naphthoquinone provitamins, VITAMIN K 3 (menadione). Vitamin K 3 provitamins, after being alkylated in vivo, exhibit the antifibrinolytic activity of vitamin K. Green leafy vegetables, liver, cheese, butter, and egg yolk are good sources of vitamin K.
A province of Canada on the Pacific coast. Its capital is Victoria. The name given in 1858 derives from the Columbia River which was named by the American captain Robert Gray for his ship Columbia which in turn was named for Columbus. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p178 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p81-2)
Pest Control, Biological
3,7-Dimethylxanthine. The principle alkaloid in Theobroma cacao (the cacao bean) and other plants. A xanthine alkaloid that is used as a bronchodilator and as a vasodilator. It has a weaker diuretic activity than THEOPHYLLINE and is also a less powerful stimulant of smooth muscle. It has practically no stimulant effect on the central nervous system. It was formerly used as a diuretic and in the treatment of angina pectoris and hypertension. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, pp1318-9)
Sweet food products combining cane or beet sugars with other carbohydrates and chocolate, milk, eggs, and various flavorings. In the United States, candy refers to both sugar- and cocoa-based confections and is differentiated from sweetened baked goods; elsewhere the terms sugar confectionary, chocolate confectionary, and flour confectionary (meaning goods such as cakes and pastries) are used.
In the rat bait pellets, mouse bait pellets, place packs, and wedge baits, the active ingredient was brodifacoum, typically at ... In the mid-1970s, warfarin resistance began to appear in mice, which prompted a need for alternative rodenticides. This led to ... The d-CON product line consists of traps, bait packets, and bait stations. Most products are marketed towards individual ... The d-CON product line includes traps and baits for use around the home for trapping and killing rats and mice. As of 2015, ...
It is also used as a herbicide, fungicide, and a rodenticide. It is also used as a poison in slug baits. Copper arsenate can ...
Vitamin D toxicity
Vitamin D is also used as a rodenticide. Rats and mice that consume the bait develop vitamin D overdose and die from ... Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... Strengths used in acute baits are 0.075% (3,000,000 IU/g) for D3 and 0.01% (4,000,000 IU/g) for D2. Death happens several days ... 0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control.' Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ...
... most baits containing strychnine have been replaced with zinc phosphide baits since 1990. In the Netherlands, rodenticides with ... Strychnine is also used as a rodenticide, but is not specific to such unwanted pests and may kill other small animals. In the ... Strychnine poisoning in animals usually occurs from ingestion of baits designed for use against gophers, moles, and coyotes. ... Strychnine poisoning in today's age generally results from herbal remedies and strychnine-containing rodenticides. Moreover, ...
Experimental rodenticide (Talon) passes lab tests; moving to field trials in pest control industry. Pest Control 46(1):19-21. ... In one report, a woman deliberately consumed over 1.5 kg of rat bait, constituting about 75 mg brodifacoum, but made a full ... It is typically used as a rodenticide, but is also used to control larger pests such as possum. Brodifacoum has an especially ... She was tested for warfarin, a common anticoagulant also used in some rodenticides, which returned a negative result. Vitamin K ...
... is a rodenticide. It was sold under the trade name Rhone Poulenc. Originally made by May and Baker and tested on ... Flupropadine has a delayed action, and so rodents can have multiple feeds from the bait before being killed. The molecule has ... Buckle, A. P (1985). "Field trials of a new sub-acute rodenticide flupropadine, against wild Norway rats (Rattus norvegicus)". ... "STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORT ON THE USE OF ANTICOAGULANT RODENTICIDES IN THE EU AND BEYOND". Communication and Information Resource ...
... and cholecalciferol has been used as the active ingredient in lethal gel baits and cereal pellet baits "DECAL" for possum ... Use as rodenticide. Rodents are somewhat more susceptible to high doses than other species, and cholecalciferol has been ... The LD50 is 16.8 mg/kg, but only 9.8 mg/kg if calcium carbonate is added to the bait. ... "Merck Veterinary Manual - Rodenticide Poisoning: Introduction". Archived from the original on 2007-01-17.. ...
It is used as a rodenticide and as such is fairly toxic. Naphthylthiourea is available as 10% active baits in suitable protein ... "Wartime rat control, rodent ecology, and the rise and fall of chemical rodenticides." Endeavour 29.3 (2005): 119-125. ... 2012) http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/toxicology/rodenticide_poisoning/antu_%CE%B1-naphthylthiourea.html (accessed 01-04-14) ...
However, such rodenticides may also accumulate in birds of prey and other animals that eat the poisoned rodents or baits. ... Warfarin is both odorless and tasteless, and is effective when mixed with food bait, because the rodents will return to the ... Warfarin was first registered for use as a rodenticide in the US in 1948, and was immediately popular. Although warfarin was ... After an incident in 1951, in which an army inductee attempted suicide with multiple doses of warfarin in rodenticide but ...
This has made the plant a popular rodenticide for nearly as long as it has been in use as a medicine. The bulbs are dried and ... cut into chips, which can then be powdered and mixed with rat bait. The plant was introduced as an experimental agricultural ...
Siberian snowy owls are frequently victim to baited fox traps, with possibly up to around 300 killed in a year based upon very ... Warfarin poisoning in use as rodenticides are known to kill some wintering snowy owls, including up to six at Logan Airport ... Poisoning of wildlife with anticoagulant rodenticides in New York. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 35:187-193. Kaler, R. S., ...
Introduced mammals on seabird breeding islands
Rodenticides have been used in over 99% of these eradication campaigns utilizing three methods of deployment: 1) bait stations ... Aerial distribution of rodenticide by helicopter is now the most common method, but a combination of methods is often the most ... Bait stations are optimal for minimizing nontarget impacts and other forms of unintentional environmental harm from the poison ... Due to the high level of interaction between humans and feral cats on these islands, poisoned bait stations and feline viruses ...
... a sublethal dose may cause aversion towards zinc phosphide baits encountered by surviving rodents in the future. Rodenticide- ... Zinc phosphide is typically added to rodent baits in amount of around 0.75-2%. Such baits have a strong, pungent garlic-like ... The baits have to contain sufficient amount of zinc phosphide in sufficiently attractive food in order to kill rodents in a ... It is used as a rodenticide. Zn3P2 is a II-V semiconductor with a direct band gap of 1.5 eV and may have applications in ...
Concentrations of the chemical are usually 500 mg per 1 kg of bait. Symptoms of overexposure relate to failure of the blood ... 2013). "Chapter 18: Rodenticides". Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings (PDF) (6th ed.).. ... Coumatetralyl is an anticoagulant of the 4-hydroxycoumarin vitamin K antagonist type used as a rodenticide. Coumatetralyl is ...
Because other species of mammals and birds may prey upon affected rodents, or directly ingest rodenticide bait, there is a risk ... It has anticoagulant effects and is used commercially as a rodenticide. It was first introduced in 1976 and first registered in ... Difenacoum was first introduced in 1976 as a rodenticide effective against rats and mice which were resistant to other ...
... differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... The LD50 is 16.8 mg/kg, but only 9.8 mg/kg if calcium carbonate is added to the bait. Kidneys and heart are target organs. It ... 0.15% cholecalciferol bait appears to have application for pocket gopher control.' Cholecalciferol can be a single high-dose ... "Pestoff DECAL Possum Bait - Rentokil Initial Safety Data Sheets" (PDF). Morgan D (2006). "Field efficacy of cholecalciferol gel ...
Tristan da Cunha
The RSPB and Tristan da Cunha Government have partnered to spread cereal pellets with rodenticide bait across Gough Island, in ... Discussion of aerial bait drop on Tristan brought up concerns of health and safety of the children, livestock and the security ...
... spread 120 tonnes of rodenticide-laced bait across the island over one month. Repeated monitoring has found no signs of rats ...
... is rodenticide. The name is a slang nickname, the exact origins of which are not conclusively known. One possible ... as bait when luring a rat into a trap that will lead to its imprisonment or demise. According to United States Environmental ... most mistaking the rodenticide for candy. Warfarin, an early rat poison, was derived from licorice. Tales of poisoned candy ...
... which is bait food laced with warfarin (a rodenticide used to kill rodents). In South America, during the early 20th century, ...
Index of pesticide articles
Restricted use pesticide Roach bait Rodenticide Roundup Scheele's Green Scilliroside Sentricon Sesamex Shark repellent Sheep ... and Rodenticide Act Fenamiphos Fenoprop Fenobucarb Fenoxycarb Fentin acetate Fenvalerate Fipronil Flit gun Fluoroacetamide ...
The baits were spread at the rate of one per 10 hectares and were buried, to mitigate the risk to non-target wildlife species ... Development and use of sodium fluoroacetate as a predacide and rodenticide in the U.S. began in the 1940s prior to the 1947 ... Wild dogs and foxes will readily eat the baited meat. Cats pose a greater difficulty as they are generally not interested in ... Some field trials in New Zealand have shown that insect numbers can be temporarily reduced within 20 cm of toxic baits, but ...
A problem of using norbormide as a rodenticide is bait shyness, this means that after the rat eats a little bit of it, the rat ... Since NRB causes bait shyness in rats and rats therefore often only take sub lethal doses, studies have been performed in ... These prodrugs were synthesized in order to overcome bait shyness. The goal of the study was creating a prodrug that tasted ... Although NRB is a rodenticide, and especially toxic for brown rats, human beings could be exposed to NRB through inhalation and ...
It may also be sold in ant and roach baits with childproof packaging. In 2000, manufacturers reached an agreement with the EPA ... and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA); the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA); the Comprehensive Environmental Response, ...
Vitamin D toxicity
Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ... Cholecalciferol is an acute (single-feeding) and/or chronic (multiple-feeding) rodenticide toxicant with unique activity for ... Rizor, Suzanne E.; Arjo, Wendy M.; Bulkin, Stephan; Nolte, Dale L. Efficacy of Cholecalciferol Baits for Pocket Gopher Control ... The harm from vitamin D3 in larger doses is demonstrated in that very high doses are sometimes used as a rodenticide, where it ...
The official Final Monitoring Report Issued on Lehua Restoration Project found no rodenticide in environmental samples and ... with project implementation partner Island Conservation implemented an aerial application of bait with supplemental hand ...
... can be eradicated by pre-baiting them with nontoxic bait for a week or two (this is important to overcome bait shyness, and to ... and subsequently applying poisoned bait of the same sort as used for pre-baiting until all consumption of the bait ceases ( ... Phosphides used as rodenticides include: aluminium phosphide (fumigant and bait) calcium phosphide (fumigant only) magnesium ... Cholecalciferol differs from conventional acute rodenticides in that no bait shyness is associated with consumption and time to ...
Although ratting with working terriers is far less efficient than using rodenticide or rat traps, the potential for the killing ... Ratting and rat-baiting are not the same activities. Ratting is the legal use of dogs for pest control of non-captured rats in ... Rat-baiting is a blood sport that involves placing captured rats in a sunken pit or other enclosed area surrounded by ... Video: Gangs of New York Rat Baiting Scene Barnett, A. (2002). The Story of Rats: Their Impact on Us, and Our Impact on Them. ...
R. J. Cuthbert1 , P. Visser et al., "Preparations for the eradication of mice from Gough Island: results of bait acceptance ... The programme will use helicopters to drop cereal pellets containing the rodenticide brodifacoum. Gough has also been ... Trials for a method of eradicating the mice through baiting were commenced, and ultimately a £9.2 million eradication programme ...
"Menopause-causing bait is curbing rat populations in New York". New Scientist. 13 May 2017.. ... However, in 1953 the much safer and more effective rodenticide, warfarin was introduced to replace arsenic. Warfarin is an ... Selective breeding of albino brown rats rescued from being killed in a now-outlawed sport called rat baiting has produced the ...
... but soon after the program commenced the rodenticide and medical drug warfarin was introduced, which is much safer for people ... Rodent Bait Station, Chennai, India. Rats have long been considered deadly pests. Once considered a modern myth, the rat flood ...
... such rodenticides may also accumulate in birds of prey and other animals that eat the poisoned rodents or baits. ... Warfarin is both odorless and tasteless, and is effective when mixed with food bait, because the rodents will return to the ... Warfarin was first registered for use as a rodenticide in the US in 1948, and was immediately popular. Although warfarin was ... After an incident in 1951, where an army inductee attempted suicide with multiple doses of warfarin in rodenticide but ...
However, locally severe declines from organochlorine (e.g., DDT) poisoning in the mid-20th century and rodenticides in the late ... it is unclear as to how effective this biological control of the rats is as compared to the trapping and baiting that occurred ... In some projects, use of rodenticides for biological pest control was replaced by the installation of nest boxes. It has been ... shown that the use of nest boxes is less costly than traditional control with rodenticides. ...
Solid bait and liquid insecticides, especially if improperly applied in a location, get moved by water flow. Often, this ...
... but soon after the program commenced the rodenticide and medical drug warfarin was introduced, which is much safer for people ... Rat-baiting. *Rat king. References. *^ "Habits, Habitat & Types of Mice". Live Science. Archived from the original on 24 May ...
Selective breeding of albino brown rats rescued from being killed in a now-outlawed sport called rat baiting has produced the ... However, in 1953 the much safer and more effective rodenticide, warfarin was introduced to replace arsenic. Warfarin is an ... doi:10.1111/j.1439-0310.1950.tb01630.x. "Menopause-causing bait is curbing rat populations in New York". New Scientist. 13 May ...
The story takes place in the mid-twentieth century and use of the chemical as a rodenticide ceased in 1965. In S6:E9 of ... a rat bait layer, from whom Yvonne had obtained the thallium poison that she used to kill him earlier that year. Suspicions ... where thallium sulphate was marketed as a commercial rat bait, under the brand "Thall-rat". In September 1952, Yvonne Gladys ...
Lesser bandicoot rat
... s appear to be averse to scilliroside at all concentrations in food baits. Maximum mortality attained on ... The controls are done by mechanical (mouse trap etc.), rodenticides and biological control (by introducing rodent diseases etc ... Brooks, JE; Htun, PT (1980). "Laboratory evaluation of scilliroside used as a rodenticide against the lesser bandicoot rat, ...
As snail bait methiocarb has the same effectiveness as methomyl for 1% (mass percent) and 2%. but the LC50 of methiocarb is ... In one study methiocarb is shown to be not very effective against mice as a rodenticide. In the first field trial, snail ... They both reached an average mortality of 85%, by the use of 2% methiocarb/methomyl bait. In another comparison study (with M. ... Mice develop an aversion for the methiocarb, which makes it not very effective as rodenticide. Methiocarb is a plant protection ...
It also is expensive to operate - an estimated $6 million annually to drop bait laced with birth-control chemicals. Testing of ... Zinc phosphide is the only rodenticide currently registered to control nutria, but it is expensive, remains toxic for months, ...
Reviews for JT Eaton Bait Block Peanut Butter Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Blocks) - 709-PN - The...
Read page 1 of our customer reviews for more information on the JT Eaton Bait Block Peanut Butter Flavor Anticoagulant ... Bait Block Peanut Butter Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Blocks). ... Bait Block Peanut Butter Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Blocks) ... JT Eaton Bait Blocks work great. My pack rats just love it and I got quick results. ...
Rat Bait, Rodenticides
Find rat bait and rat poison such as Contrac Blox, Contrac Pellets, WeatherBlok XT, Fastrac Pellets, Fastrac Blox, Final Blox, ... Combine JT Eaton Baits Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with Ambush Bait Stations for savings. JT Eatons Bait Block 2G ... JT Eatons Nectus 2G Soft Bait is a second generation bait (single feed bait for a lethal dosage). Nectus is a soft bait ... Rat Bait Tips. *Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using ...
Rat Bait, Rodenticides - Second-generation anticoagulant
Find rat bait and rat poison such as Contrac Blox, Contrac Pellets, WeatherBlok XT, Fastrac Pellets, Fastrac Blox, Final Blox, ... Rat Bait Tips. *Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using ... Bait Blox: this form of bait is the most popular in the industry when it comes to baiting for rats. Blox tend to last the ... Soft Baits: In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. Soft baits have ...
"Identifying Effective Attractants and Rodenticide Baits for Gambian G" by Gary W. Witmer, Nathan P. Snow et al.
In an additional study, we tested the efficacy of 6 commercially available rodenticide baits (all with different formulations ... We found that brodifacoum (second-generation anticoagulant) and zinc phosphide (acute rodenticide) formulated baits were highly ... Today however, detecting, baiting, trapping, and removing the now sparse population of Gambian rats are proving difficult. ... Using these various attractants and rodenticides could be useful for eliminating the sparse population of invading Gambian rats ...
Zinc phosphide bait Brodifacoum Rodenticide insecticide Products
Quality Zinc phosphide bait Brodifacoum Rodenticide insecticide Products manufacturers & exporter - Buy Rodenticide from China ... based bait, as scrap bait, or as a paste. Rodenticide baits usually contain 0.5 to 2.07% zinc pho ... bait Brodifacoum Rodenticide 5836-29-3. Chlorophacinone Anticoagulant Rodenticide Bait cas 3691-35-8. Second Generation ... Bromadiolone 0.005 bar bait Brodifacoum Rodenticide 28772-56-7 for rats and mice. Brodifacoum 0.005% Bait indirect ...
Controlling Rats | MU Extension
Bait placement and bait stations. All rodenticide baits must be carefully used according to the label directions. These ... Too short a period of bait exposure. *Insufficient bait and insufficient replenishment of bait (None remains from one baiting ... Reasons baits may not be accepted:. *Poor bait choice or bait is formulated improperly; other foods are more attractive than ... Besides increasing the safety of the bait, bait stations also help the rats feel secure while feeding. Use of bait stations and ...
CAS 56073-10-0 Bait Block Rodenticide Brodifacoum 0.005 % Medicinal Extract
Buy from China Bait Block Rodenticide factory & exporter. ... Home ProductsBait Block Rodenticide. CAS 56073-10-0 Bait Block ... Quality CAS 56073-10-0 Bait Block Rodenticide Brodifacoum 0.005 % Medicinal Extract manufacturers - ... Rodenticide Brodifacoum 0.005 % Medicinal Extract. CAS 56073-10-0 Bait Block Rodenticide Brodifacoum 0.005 % Medicinal Extract ... Bait Block Rodenticide Agricultural Fungicide Pesticide Intermediates Natural Liquid Fertilizer Manual Pesticide Sprayer Public ...
D-CON - Wikipedia
In the rat bait pellets, mouse bait pellets, place packs, and wedge baits, the active ingredient was brodifacoum, typically at ... In the mid-1970s, warfarin resistance began to appear in mice, which prompted a need for alternative rodenticides. This led to ... The d-CON product line consists of traps, bait packets, and bait stations. Most products are marketed towards individual ... The d-CON product line includes traps and baits for use around the home for trapping and killing rats and mice. As of 2015, ...
Horse Health Rat Bait | Farm & Ranch Supplies
Ideal Instruments Rat Bait | Farm & Ranch Supplies
Shop Farm & Ranch Supplies in our Rat Bait department online made by Ideal Instruments. Shop, sign-up and save, or request your ... you will find our prices among the lowest anywhere on Rat Bait. Paying less means better profit margins for the farm & ranch. ... Bait Block Rodenticide is a great bait to use even where excess livestock feed is available. Specially formulated with the ... Just One Bite EX Preloaded Bait Stations are disposable bait stations preloaded with a 0.5 oz. block of Just One Bite EX bait. ...
China bait co wholesale 🇨🇳 - Alibaba
China Bait Co Suppliers and Manufacturers Directory - Source a Large Selection of Bait Co Products at bait boat ,bait casting ... reel ,bait boat hulls from China Alibaba.com ... Related Searches for bait co: bait boat bait casting reel bait ... Tags: Fish Lure Fishing Bait , Hard Body Bait Fishing Lures , Fishing Bait Wholesale Crank Fishing Lures ... 3D Eye fishing metal jig Artificial Bait Lures 8# Hook 6.5cm 5g Minnow Fishing Lure Hard Artificial Swim Baits 4 colour ...
Bait Block Apple Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Pack) at Home Depot in Billings - 65451800
... check availability for Bait Block Apple Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Pack). Get it right now at your ... Get Bait Block Apple Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Pack) On Sale today at Home Depot! Compare Garden ... The Bait Block Apple Flavor Rodenticide is a first generation anticoagulant bait with specially formulated blocks that have an ... Home Depot , Garden Supplies , Bait Block Apple Flavor Anticoagulant Rodenticide for Mice and Rats (144-Pack) ...
BPCA marks World Pest Day 2019 with message to local authorities
Critical update to permanent rodenticide baiting conditions. Conditions under which permanent baiting with rodenticide is ... "Factors such as rodenticide resistance highlight why pest control needs to be taken seriously and we hope this campaign to mark ... A study by the University of Reading, commissioned by the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU), has identified "the ... allowed have been updated by the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use UK to cover a critical difference between outdoor and ...
Vancouver park board orders review after pressure to ban use of rodenticides | The Province
The Vancouver park board is conducting a review of rodenticides after Postmedia News revealed that the placement of poisoned- ... bait boxes around restaurants and other park buildings could result in the secondary poisoning of owls and other wildlife ... Rodenticide bait boxes in Queen Elizabeth Park. Photo by Larry Pynn /PNG In response, Normann said that, contractually, ... Bait boxes containing rodenticides are widely used in the region, including within residential and business areas, to control ...
How Does Mouse Bait Work
Other Rodenticide Bait In addition to the anticoagulant baits, there are other rodenticides available for use against the house ... Mouse Bait Rodenticide Tips *If you see mouse droppings that are the same color as the rodenticide, this means the mice have ... Rodenticide Anticoagulant Bait Anticoagulants can be used in conjunction with bait. Anticoagulants cause death as a result of ... Food Bait: The Best Bait for a Mouse Trap This is the best bait for mouse traps since it doesnt involve poison There are many ...
Rodenticide bait in wheat grain bait for rats mice shelled 250 g - Bollards and insecticides - GARDENING AND AGRICULTURE -...
bait topical wheat ready for use. based on whole-grain cereals shelled treated with water-repellent and oil priming. The ... Online ShopGARDENING AND AGRICULTUREBollards and insecticidesRodenticide bait in wheat grain bait for rats mice shelled 250 g ... Rodenticide bait in wheat grain bait for rats mice shelled 250 g. ... Rodenticide bait in wheat grain bait for rats mice shelled 250 g. ...
Copper(II) arsenate - Wikipedia
Good management practices for salmonella risk reduction in the production of table eggs : Poultry : University of Minnesota...
Bait selection and placement. *Warfarin, diphacinone, and pival are multiple-dose type anticoagulant rodenticides. They require ... Save bait by baiting only active holes. Fill all rodent holes with dirt or paper and then bait only those that have been ... proper selection of baits and bait placement,. *prompt, secure disposal of any dead birds, broken eggs or unused or spilled ... Place bait according to directions supplied by the manufacturer of your rodenticide. ...
USDA APHIS | Vertebrate Control Products
Strychnine Oats - Hand Baiting; EPA Reg. No.56228-20. Zinc Phosphide: Zinc phosphide is used in rodenticide baits to control a ... Diphacinone-50: Pelleted Rodenticide Bait for Conservation Purposes; EPA Reg. No. 56228-35 ... Acetaminophen: For use in mouse baits to control brown treesnakes on Guam or the Northern Mariana Islands. *Acetaminophen For ... RODENTICIDES. Brodifacoum: Two formulations of brodifacoum are available for eradicating and controlling island rodents for ...
USDA APHIS | USDA Receives Federal Laboratory Consortium Mid-Continent Region's 2018 Partnership Award for Bird and Mammal...
U.S. Organic Foods Production Act (Subparts F-G)
The National List
Grain Protectants Market by Control Method, Physical, Target Pest, Grain Type, and Region - 2023 | MarketsandMarkets
146 Pages Report] Grain Protectants Market report categorizes the global market by Physical (Traps, Baits, Aeration, Heat ... Grain Protectants Market by Control Method (Chemical (Insecticides, Fumigants, Rodenticides), Physical (Traps, Baits, Aeration ... 6.2.3 Rodenticides. 18.104.22.168 Anticoagulating Agents are Normally Used to Control Rodents. 6.3 Physical 6.3.1 Physical Control ... 22.214.171.124 Squirrels Tend to Feed on Grains, Which Emphasizes the Need for Effective Storage Design and Bait Placements. 7.4 ...
Rodent Control: EPA Moves to Ban Do It Yourself Rodenticides - PestWorld
The EPA announced its intent to ban certain do it yourself rodenticide products. This decision underscores the need for ... EPA limitations on certain rodenticides and requirements for tamper-resistant bait stations backed by NPMA. FAIRFAX, Va. ( ... The affected products are sold to consumers as loose baits and dont have protective bait stations that prevent access by ... "The EPA restrictions will prohibit the use of potentially dangerous loose baits and products that pose risks to wildlife when ...
eCFR - Code of Federal Regulations
Restoring Anacapa Island: Seabird Habitat - Channel Islands National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Rats have been eradicated on over 100 islands worldwide by applying rodenticide bait; trapping alone has never succeeded. ... The bait application (from a hopper suspended under a helicopter) was scheduled during the fall, the end of the dry season, ... Phase I, application of bait to East Anacapa Island, was completed in December 2001 and Phase II, treatment of Middle and West ... The island has extensive steep cliffs, making placement of bait into the territory of every rat difficult. The endemic deer ...
Rat Poison (Anticoagulant Rodenticides) - Mar Vista Animal Medical Center
... will be banned from residential use and that rat poisons for residential use must be secured within bait stations (not in open ... OTHER RODENTICIDES. While anticoagulant rodenticide poisoning is a life-threatening event, at least there is an antidote ... Fortunately, second generation rodenticides have been banned for residential use. First generation rodenticides are no longer ... The traditional products are called "anticoagulant rodenticides" and are discussed here. If one intends to use a rodenticide we ...
PelletsBrodifacoumAnticoagulant RodenticideInsecticidesBromadiolonePoisonsTypes of rodenticidesActive ingredientMice and RatsRats and micePoisonBloxHighly palatableSecond Generation RodenticideAnticoagulantsZincPesticidesBromethalinSlug and snail baitsStationsToxicityCertain rodenticidesContains bitrexAnti-coagulantFungicideDiphacinone0.005FormulationsProductsBlocksMouse baitSnailCompoundsShynessSoft baitsPoisoningControlSeizuresMetaldehydePoisoningsPlacementTomcatCholecalciferolSymptomsMake sure the baitAntidote is availableWarfarinIngestionExposure
- Like all Contrac products (blox and pellets), it is a single feed bait, made of bromadiolone with superior bait acceptance. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Following extensive consultation with experts, the park and ICEG determined that rats could be eradicated through the distribution of bait pellets with brodifacoum, the anticoagulant used in the majority of successful rat eradications. (nps.gov)
- Loose pellets are ideal for burrow baiting. (qcsupply.com)
- Rid your home and office of pesky rodents with these Rodenticide Pellets by Yates. (bunnings.com.au)
- Like Havoc, D-Con Rat & Mouse Bait Pellets are an effective anticoagulant formula. (reference.com)
- The active ingredient in d-CON rat bait pellets is brodifacoum, the same active ingredient in the company's mouse bait pellets, wedge baits and place packs. (reference.com)
- There are many rodenticide formats to choose from such as soft baits, blocks, pellets, and meal bait. (thepigsite.com)
- Switching the bait formats between blocks, pellets or soft baits also takes into account rodent taste preference. (thepigsite.com)
- We found that brodifacoum (second-generation anticoagulant) and zinc phosphide (acute rodenticide) formulated baits were highly effective. (unl.edu)
- While the newer anticoagulants (brodifacoum, bromadiolone, and difethialone) may be capable of causing death after a single feeding, the mice do not die until several days after feeding on the bait. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Classifying all bait products containing the active ingredients brodifacoum, bromadiolone, and difethialone as restricted use pesticides. (avma.org)
- Contains 0.005% brodifacoum combined with a special mixture of highly attractive bait ingredients. (pbsanimalhealth.com)
- Pet owners using rodenticides should be aware that cats and dogs are susceptible to the products' poison, and veterinarians fear an increase in bromethalin toxicity in pets because of a ban on brodifacoum. (animalhealthfoundation.net)
- Take the pledge that you have either told you pest control provider: "I do not authorize the use of second-generation anticoagulant rodenticides (Brodifacoum, Bromadiolone, Difenacoum, and Difethialone) on my property and I want you to use alternative methods" OR, "I personally commit not to use the above products on my property. (kiawahisland.org)
- The active ingredient in all Havoc products, brodifacoum, is the strongest anticoagulant rodenticide available. (pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com)
- Havoc combines brodifacoum with a special mixture of highly attractive bait ingredients, along with patented food processing techniques. (pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com)
- Also, manufacturers in the grain protectants market offer a wide range of chemical-based compounds such as insecticides, rodenticides, and grain fumigants for their use in grain storage spaces to prevent pests such as insects, rodents, and fungal species. (marketsandmarkets.com)
- This is followed by human food, household items (like cleaners), rodenticides and insecticides, and plants. (marinij.com)
- these include common insecticides (such as those used for flea control in dogs or for the lawn and garden), rodenticides (e.g. rat poisons), disinfectants (including some of the most commonly used shelter and home products), certain painkillers including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (e.g. aspirin, ibuprofen, meloxicam) and acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol), baby foods that contain onion powder, and flowers of the lily family. (animalsheltering.org)
- This means that second generation rat poisons (which kill rats in one feeding) will be banned from residential use and that rat poisons for residential use must be secured within bait stations (not in open trays). (marvistavet.com)
- Rodenticides, as the poisons are known, can be very effective, but they can also be a source of danger for household pets as well. (petmd.com)
- While these poisons are more typically included in mole or gopher baits, mouse and rat baits may use them, too. (embracepetinsurance.com)
Types of rodenticides3
- The most accurate way to identify the active ingredient of a rodenticide that caused a case of poisoning is by which of the following? (merckvetmanual.com)
- However, not every rodent will feed on any particular type of rodenticide so rotating the active ingredient every 2-6 months is critical. (thepigsite.com)
- Federal law requires that all rodenticide packaging clearly display the active ingredient and instructions for use. (kiawahisland.org)
Mice and Rats5
- Contrac Blox is an excellent clean-out and maintenance bait to control mice and rats, including warfarin-resistant Norway rats. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- BlueMax Mini Blocks Rodenticide with Difethialone 0.0025% rapidly eliminates and gets rid of mice and rats. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- The Bait Block Apple Flavor Rodenticide is a first generation anticoagulant bait with specially formulated blocks that have an apple flavor to attract and eliminate mice and rats. (billingsgazette.com)
- This is the best bait for mouse traps since it doesn't involve poison There are many types of bait that work well for catching mice and rats. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Baits used to kill mice and rats are mostly grain-based, which not only attracts the rodents but dogs and cats as well. (aspca.org)
Rats and mice4
- The d-CON product line includes traps and baits for use around the home for trapping and killing rats and mice. (wikipedia.org)
- Formulated to attract rats and mice, Motomco Eraze AG Rodent Pellet Bait in a 5 lb bucker s a palatable bait made with strong, pungent garlic-like odor. (qcsupply.com)
- Win the war against rats and mice with these three steps for effective use of rodenticides. (thepigsite.com)
- Anticoagulant rodenticides (ARs) are used worldwide since the 1940s to control infestations of rats and mice, which cause important agricultural and structural damage and are associated with public health issues. (aspetjournals.org)
- As of 2015, bait products use first-generation vitamin K anticoagulants as poison. (wikipedia.org)
- Mountain lions can be exposed to the poison directly, or secondarily by eating other animals that ate the bait, such as ground squirrels or coyotes, studies have shown. (dailynews.com)
- It is also used as a poison in slug baits. (wikipedia.org)
- This process of poison shyness or bait shyness is the method of reasoning for poison that kills just after various dosage. (openpr.com)
- In fact, baits laced with vitamin D are used very effectively as rodenticides [rat poison]. (newswithviews.com)
- According to the "Best Rat Poison" category on Bestcovery.com, the products that rank highest are Neogen Rodenticide, Tomcat and D-Con. (reference.com)
- Rodenticides (for example, rat poison) are also poisonous to other animals and humans. (tbdhu.com)
- Blox tend to last the longest of all baits and are also palatable to rodents (they like it). (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Contrac Blox is a single feed bait rodent bait (Bromadilone) that is weather resistant. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- For monitoring purposes (food warehouses, restaurants, etc.), use a non-toxic bait like Detex Blox. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- West Vancouver uses snap traps as necessary inside park buildings and the rodenticide Contrac Blox outside. (theprovince.com)
- The station holds up to two BLOX, allowing ample bait in areas of high rodent pressure. (wildlifecontrolsupplies.com)
- JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with .005% Bromadialone are rodent bait wax blocks made of highly palatable ingredients to make it attractive to rodents. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- To simulate some of the parameters encountered in baiting situations, pre-weighed quantities of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standard challenge bait mixture were used as a highly palatable bait base to induce feeding without the need for food deprivation in Wistar-strain laboratory albino rats. (unl.edu)
- This occurs either because pets and wildlife are drawn to the bait (which contains the toxin in a highly palatable form). (embracepetinsurance.com)
- A highly palatable and fast acting anti-coagulant rodenticide designed for professional use. (bayer.com.au)
Second Generation Rodenticide1
- Combine JT Eaton Bait's Block 2G Second Generation Rodenticide with Ambush Bait Stations for savings. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Other single feed baits (non anticoagulants), such as Gladiator, Top Gun, Fastrac, and Terad3 are available in all states. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Anticoagulants can be used in conjunction with bait. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Because some anticoagulants require multiple feedings over several days before a lethal amount is ingested, fresh bait must be made available to mice continuously over a period of time. (homelifeweekly.com)
- However, this "secondary hazard" from anticoagulants is relatively low when baits are used properly. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Not all rodenticides are anticoagulants. (rspca.org.uk)
- no. 96) 1.Warfarin - toxicity 2.Rodenticides 3.Anticoagulants 4.Environmental exposure I.Series ISBN 92 4 151096 X (NLM Classification: WA 240) ISSN 0259-7268 The World Health Organization welcomes requests for permission to reproduce or translate its publications, in part or in full. (inchem.org)
- Zinc phosphide is used in rodenticide baits to control a variety of rodent species including rats, mice, voles, ground squirrels and prairie dogs. (usda.gov)
- Zinc Phosphide 80 % W-VZinphos , 80% W/V formulation of Zinc Phosphide, is a powder rodenticide.It is used in house to kill rats. (tradeindia.com)
- Aluminum phosphide (Celphos, Phostoxin, Quick Phos) and zinc phosphide are solids used as grain fumigants and as a rodenticide, respectively. (cdc.gov)
- Zinc phosphide is often mixed with bait food such as cornmeal, which can be a danger to pets and children. (cdc.gov)
- Both aluminum and zinc phosphides are used as rodenticides. (cdc.gov)
- Zinc phosphide (Ridall Zinc®, ZP® Rodent Bait). (icwdm.org)
- A low level of 0.20% zinc phosphide (ZP) rodenticide added to the EPA challenge bait was then used to examine effects of the carbon disulfide attractant odor when compared to deionized (DI) water odor in separate groups of Wistar albino rats. (unl.edu)
- Rodenticides are pesticides which kill rodents. (openpr.com)
- Areas of potential concern identified included storage, access of young children to "laid" baits and pesticides, and exposures as a result of medication errors, with liquid head lice preparations being confused with other medicines. (bmj.com)
- Top Gun with Bromethalin is a fast acting rodent bait that gives you quick results with an average death in 1-2 days. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Oliver in North Dakota Oliver, a Bulldog, ingested Rodenticide: Bromethalin. (petpoisonhelpline.com)
- Baits that contain bromethalin are neurotoxic, causing paralysis and possibly coma. (msah.com)
- My guess is that someone may have put out a bromethalin-containing rodenticide around the barns. (animalhealthfoundation.net)
Slug and snail baits2
- Always use tamper restant bait stations because not only are they effecitve but in most situations, it is the law. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Click here to see our Rat Bait Kits that include baits and stations together at a discounted price. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Even though the bait contains bitrex, always use tamper-resistant bait stations around children and pets. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- JT Eaton's Bait Block 2G with .005% Bromadialone is made of very palatable ingredients to attract the rodents to the Ambush bait stations. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Whichever rat bait you use, make sure the bait cannot be eaten by pets and other nontarget animals by using tamper-resistant bait stations. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Several protective tamper- resistant bait stations are available that allow rats to feed on the rat bait but keep pets and non-target animals from accessing the bait. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Thus, objects such as traps and bait stations often are avoided for the first several days or longer after they are placed. (missouri.edu)
- Just One Bite EX Preloaded Bait Stations are disposable bait stations preloaded with a 0.5 oz. block of Just One Bite EX bait. (valleyvet.com)
- People are going for a quick, easy fix," he said, noting rodenticide bait stations don't have to be checked as frequently as snap traps. (theprovince.com)
- The affected products are sold to consumers as loose baits and don't have protective bait stations that prevent access by children and pets. (pestworld.org)
- PROTECTA Keyless Bait Stations provide tamper-resistance without a key, making servicing fast and easy. (wildlifecontrolsupplies.com)
- Under the proposed regulations, rodenticides could be sold to the public only when in solid bait form in tamper-resistant bait stations. (avma.org)
- Bait stations are boxes or tubes designed to allow a rodent to enter and consume the bait, while preventing larger animals from reaching inside. (neogen.com)
- If given sufficient time, however, dogs have been known to destroy poorly built bait stations. (neogen.com)
- Exterior bait stations (Figure 4) are an important tool in preventing this from happening. (foodsafetymagazine.com)
- Exterior bait stations must be difficult for a small child or wildlife to move. (foodsafetymagazine.com)
- Exterior bait stations must require a tool to open them. (foodsafetymagazine.com)
- Immediately replace spoiled or contaminated baits along with frequently cleaning out bait stations. (thepigsite.com)
- Labeling on the packaging of certain rodenticides would be improved to mitigate risk. (avma.org)
- In order to discourage children and pets from eating this bait, it contains bitrex. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- If one intends to use a rodenticide we encourage you to choose this type over others as there is a readily available antidote for the anti-coagulant rodenticides. (marvistavet.com)
- It is also used as a herbicide, fungicide, and a rodenticide. (wikipedia.org)
- In accordance with section 6(f)(1) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended, EPA is issuing a notice of receipt of request by registrants to voluntarily cancel certain pesticide registrations. (federalregister.gov)
- Therefore, the method of setting the bait out is essentially the same as for the older anticoagulant products warfarin, diphacinone, and chlorophacinone. (homelifeweekly.com)
- 0.005% bait. (hisupplier.com)
- In an additional study, we tested the efficacy of 6 commercially available rodenticide baits (all with different formulations of active ingredients) in multiple-choice food trials. (unl.edu)
- The EPA restrictions will prohibit the use of potentially dangerous loose baits and products that pose risks to wildlife when misused by people who are untrained and unlicensed to ensure their safe application, but will reserve the rights for use by professionals when needed. (pestworld.org)
- Since 1998, NPMA has worked with the EPA as rodenticide products have undergone considerable reevaluation to ensure all registered products meet today's health and safety standards. (pestworld.org)
- The traditional products are called "anticoagulant rodenticides" and are discussed here. (marvistavet.com)
- This product contains half the amount of rodenticide that is found in products that homeowners commonly purchase in the local grocery store and it would not accumulate in the environment since it breaks down into harmless carbon dioxide in water. (nps.gov)
- EPA's decision reduces rodenticide exposures to children and wildlife, while still allowing residential users, livestock producers, and professional applicators access to a variety of effective and affordable rodent control products. (avma.org)
- Unfortunately, the products used for pest control can harm unintended animals who consume the bait, or those who eat animals that have previously ingested the rodenticide. (neogen.com)
- The most obvious way to protect pets is to make sure they never consume any rodenticide products. (neogen.com)
- While these products have significantly lower secondary effects on bobcats and other predators, they are still potentially toxic if consumed directly by pets and can only be used inside of a tamper-resistant bait station. (kiawahisland.org)
- Snickers as mouse bait. (homelifeweekly.com)
- In some areas of the U.S., regulatory action requires that snail bait be unattractive to dogs. (msah.com)
- Made of oil scented compounds, this is moist, tasty and palatable rodent bait. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Moreover, with a surging global population, the need to facilitate large-scale crop cultivation to satisfy these needs is also calling upon the use of specific compounds such as rodenticides. (openpr.com)
- Death is delayed 4 to 5 days, so there's no bait shyness. (valleyvet.com)
- In contrast, warfarin posed minimal risk to other animals as cumulative doses were required to achieve toxicosis, and did not cause bait shyness. (wikipedia.org)
- Control of rodent infestations using acute-rodenticide baiting is frequently fraught with difficulties involving bait-shyness and neophobic effects. (unl.edu)
- In recent years, professional pest control operators have seen the advantage of using soft baits. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Soft baits have outstanding palatability and acceptance by rodents, even in areas where other food sources are a competition to the acceptance of applied rodent bait. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Soft baits are the best option for the year-round knock down of rodents. (thepigsite.com)
- Soft baits contain no wax to prevent baits from melting or freezing which maintains palatability. (thepigsite.com)
- Soft baits also provide flexibility to bait in hard to reach places, discussed in step 2. (thepigsite.com)
- The Vancouver park board is conducting a review of rodenticides after Postmedia News revealed that the placement of poisoned-bait boxes around restaurants and other park buildings could result in the secondary poisoning of owls and other wildlife attracted to parks. (theprovince.com)
- Rob Hope, raptor care manager at OWL rehab in South Delta, estimated that at least 100 owls brought to the facility last year showed signs of rodenticide poisoning. (theprovince.com)
- If misused, anticoagulant poisoning can cause the death of pets, livestock, or desirable wildlife that may feed on the bait. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Vitamin K is the antidote for anticoagulant rodenticides, although in cases of severe poisoning, whole blood transfusion is also used. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Poisoning can be accidental, such as a cat eating something he shouldn't, or having something spilled onto his coat, or deliberate (feeding the cat baited food etc). (cat-world.com.au)
- Research continues to create a product that fits this bill but in the meantime one should be aware of the signs of rat poisoning particularly if your pet travels with you to places outside the home where bait may be left out. (marvistavet.com)
- What are the Symptoms of Rodenticide Poisoning? (petmd.com)
- Diagnosis of rodenticide poisoning is based primarily on the apparent signs. (petmd.com)
- This poisoning can be extremely scary, so please make sure to keep any and all bait away from your pets, especially dogs. (msah.com)
- The clinical signs of rodenticide poisoning depend on the type ingested. (embracepetinsurance.com)
- If rats are abundant on the property, the use of rat traps with the rat bait will speed up the rodent control program. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Place rat bait every 15-50 feet for rat control. (doyourownpestcontrol.com)
- Factors such as rodenticide resistance highlight why pest control needs to be taken seriously and we hope this campaign to mark World Pest Day will go some way to rising awareness of the issue. (bpca.org.uk)
- Delta municipality has a few park concessions and no formal policy on the use of rodenticide, but prefers to control the source of the food attracting the rats. (theprovince.com)
- When prepared with quality cereals and other bait ingredients, all anticoagulant baits provide good to excellent house mouse control if placed in suitable locations for the mice. (homelifeweekly.com)
- Rodenticides are used indoors and outside to control rodent infestations. (rspca.org.uk)
- More traps = better control - 621P is economical and saves labor costs with easy pre-baiting, setting, and removal. (pestweb.com)
- With rodents on the rise, a surge in related infections, popularity for better nuisance control, and accessibility of better quality rodenticides are key factors that could drive the global rodenticides market to increase broad development. (openpr.com)
- With rodents on the rise, an increase in associated diseases, high demand for better pest control, and availability of excellent quality rodenticides are key factors that could drive the global rodenticides market to gain extensive growth. (openpr.com)
- The AVMA also stated that protecting the public from diseases that can be prevented with effective rodent control is as important for public health as preventing exposure to rodenticides. (avma.org)
- Rodenticides are necessary tools for the control of rodent infestations. (neogen.com)
- Nov. 5, 2013 - NEOGEN has introduced an easy-to-use, tamper-resistant bait station to help consumers control mice problems in their homes. (neogen.com)
- Tell your pest control provider not to use second-generation anticoagulant rodenticides (SGAs) on your property. (kiawahisland.org)
- Rodenticides are a category of pest control chemicals intended to kill rodents and they are tested on rodents to see if they are effective. (nc3rs.org.uk)
- If your pet shows depression, weakness, seizures, muscle tremors, abnormal bleeding or bruising, abdominal pain, lack of appetite, or lethargy following application of rodenticides in its range, it is important to seek veterinary treatment. (neogen.com)
- Depending on the type, mouse and rat baits can cause bleeding, kidney failure, seizures or even death. (aspca.org)
- Avoid using fly and slug baits containing methomyl and metaldehyde. (thriftyfun.com)
- Metro Vancouver says it does not use rodenticides in regional parks, as a way to reduce secondary poisonings of raptors and other wildlife. (theprovince.com)
- The island has extensive steep cliffs, making placement of bait into the territory of every rat difficult. (nps.gov)
- Rat bait containing cholecalciferol (Vitamin D) causes high calcium levels in the blood and can damage the kidneys, central nervous system, heart, and intestines. (msah.com)
- The active ingredients are used at very low levels and the onset of symptoms is delayed, so the rodent does not avoid the bait because of its taste or the onset of illness. (homelifeweekly.com)
- First dead rodents appear 4-5 days after feeding so they do not associate fatal symptoms with bait. (pbsanimalhealth.com)
Make sure the bait1
- 2. Next, make sure the bait still appears fresh. (foodsafetymagazine.com)
Antidote is available1
- Other rodenticides are more toxic and no antidote is available. (marvistavet.com)
- There is a lag-time, of 4-6 days, from ingestion of bait to death with all anticoagulant rodenticides. (nc3rs.org.uk)
- 7. Rodenticide exposure cases increased in number in 2019, to 6.8% of APCC caseload. (aspca.org)
- The results will then be used to identify which factors can be monitored, preferably through non-invasive procedures, to predict death and survival of rats after exposure to anticoagulant rodenticides. (nc3rs.org.uk)