Zimbabwe: A republic in southern Africa, east of ZAMBIA and BOTSWANA and west of MOZAMBIQUE. Its capital is Harare. It was formerly called Rhodesia and Southern Rhodesia.Back Pain: Acute or chronic pain located in the posterior regions of the THORAX; LUMBOSACRAL REGION; or the adjacent regions.Low Back Pain: Acute or chronic pain in the lumbar or sacral regions, which may be associated with musculo-ligamentous SPRAINS AND STRAINS; INTERVERTEBRAL DISK DISPLACEMENT; and other conditions.Back: The rear surface of an upright primate from the shoulders to the hip, or the dorsal surface of tetrapods.Child, Orphaned: Child who has lost both parents through death or desertion.Africa, Southern: The geographical area of Africa comprising ANGOLA; BOTSWANA; LESOTHO; MALAWI; MOZAMBIQUE; NAMIBIA; SOUTH AFRICA; SWAZILAND; ZAMBIA; and ZIMBABWE.HIV Infections: Includes the spectrum of human immunodeficiency virus infections that range from asymptomatic seropositivity, thru AIDS-related complex (ARC), to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).Symphysiotomy: Surgical procedure to widen a woman's pelvis during childbirth.Back Injuries: General or unspecified injuries to the posterior part of the trunk. It includes injuries to the muscles of the back.Ethnopsychology: Comparative PSYCHOLOGY of different ethnic and cultural groups.Economics: The science of utilization, distribution, and consumption of services and materials.Schistosoma haematobium: A species of trematode blood flukes of the family Schistosomatidae which occurs at different stages in development in veins of the pulmonary and hepatic system and finally the bladder lumen. This parasite causes urinary schistosomiasis.Schistosomiasis haematobia: A human disease caused by the infection of parasitic worms SCHISTOSOMA HAEMATOBIUM. It is endemic in AFRICA and parts of the MIDDLE EAST. Tissue damages most often occur in the URINARY TRACT, specifically the URINARY BLADDER.Economics, Behavioral: The combined discipline of psychology and economics that investigates what happens in markets in which some of the agents display human limitations and complications.Cost-Benefit Analysis: A method of comparing the cost of a program with its expected benefits in dollars (or other currency). The benefit-to-cost ratio is a measure of total return expected per unit of money spent. This analysis generally excludes consideration of factors that are not measured ultimately in economic terms. Cost effectiveness compares alternative ways to achieve a specific set of results.Labor Unions: Organizations comprising wage and salary workers in health-related fields for the purpose of improving their status and conditions. The concept includes labor union activities toward providing health services to members.Nigeria: A republic in western Africa, south of NIGER between BENIN and CAMEROON. Its capital is Abuja.National Library of Medicine (U.S.): An agency of the NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH concerned with overall planning, promoting, and administering programs pertaining to advancement of medical and related sciences. Major activities of this institute include the collection, dissemination, and exchange of information important to the progress of medicine and health, research in medical informatics and support for medical library development.PrintingEuropean Union: The collective designation of three organizations with common membership: the European Economic Community (Common Market), the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). It was known as the European Community until 1994. It is primarily an economic union with the principal objectives of free movement of goods, capital, and labor. Professional services, social, medical and paramedical, are subsumed under labor. The constituent countries are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. (The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1997, p842)Occupational Health: The promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health in the work environment.PaperFomites: Inanimate objects that carry pathogenic microorganisms and thus can serve as the source of infection. Microorganisms typically survive on fomites for minutes or hours. Common fomites include CLOTHING, tissue paper, hairbrushes, and COOKING AND EATING UTENSILS.Anthropology: The science devoted to the comparative study of man.Social Planning: Interactional process combining investigation, discussion, and agreement by a number of people in the preparation and carrying out of a program to ameliorate conditions of need or social pathology in the community. It usually involves the action of a formal political, legal, or recognized voluntary body.Clinical Trials, Phase IV as Topic: Planned post-marketing studies of diagnostic, therapeutic, or prophylactic drugs, devices, or techniques that have been approved for general sale. These studies are often conducted to obtain additional data about the safety and efficacy of a product. This concept includes phase IV studies conducted in both the U.S. and in other countries.Torture: The intentional infliction of physical or mental suffering upon an individual or individuals, including the torture of animals.Cimicidae: A family of wingless, blood-sucking insects of the suborder HETEROPTERA, including the bedbugs and related forms. Cimex (BEDBUGS), Heamatosiphon, and Oeciacus are medically important genera. (From Dorland, 28th ed)Nelson Syndrome: A syndrome characterized by HYPERPIGMENTATION, enlarging pituitary mass, visual defects secondary to compression of the OPTIC CHIASM, and elevated serum ACTH. It is caused by the expansion of an underlying ACTH-SECRETING PITUITARY ADENOMA that grows in the absence of feedback inhibition by adrenal CORTICOSTEROIDS, usually after ADRENALECTOMY.Health Care Coalitions: Voluntary groups of people representing diverse interests in the community such as hospitals, businesses, physicians, and insurers, with the principal objective to improve health care cost effectiveness.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Violence: Individual or group aggressive behavior which is socially non-acceptable, turbulent, and often destructive. It is precipitated by frustrations, hostility, prejudices, etc.Police: Agents of the law charged with the responsibility of maintaining and enforcing law and order among the citizenry.Lawyers: Persons whose profession is to give legal advice and assistance to clients and represent them in legal matters. (American Heritage Dictionary, 3d ed)Child Custody: The formally authorized guardianship or care of a CHILD.Coroners and Medical Examiners: Physicians appointed to investigate all cases of sudden or violent death.Bulimia: Eating an excess amount of food in a short period of time, as seen in the disorder of BULIMIA NERVOSA. It is caused by an abnormal craving for food, or insatiable hunger also known as "ox hunger".Newspapers: Publications printed and distributed daily, weekly, or at some other regular and usually short interval, containing news, articles of opinion (as editorials and letters), features, advertising, and announcements of current interest. (Webster's 3d ed)Medical Secretaries: Individuals responsible for various duties pertaining to the medical office routine.Mass Media: Instruments or technological means of communication that reach large numbers of people with a common message: press, radio, television, etc.United States Dept. of Health and Human Services: A cabinet department in the Executive Branch of the United States Government concerned with administering those agencies and offices having programs pertaining to health and human services.Congresses as Topic: Conferences, conventions or formal meetings usually attended by delegates representing a special field of interest.Suburban Population: The inhabitants of peripheral or adjacent areas of a city or town.WashingtonCongressesFederal Government: The level of governmental organization and function at the national or country-wide level.National Health Insurance, United StatesSocieties, Medical: Societies whose membership is limited to physicians.Medicare: Federal program, created by Public Law 89-97, Title XVIII-Health Insurance for the Aged, a 1965 amendment to the Social Security Act, that provides health insurance benefits to persons over the age of 65 and others eligible for Social Security benefits. It consists of two separate but coordinated programs: hospital insurance (MEDICARE PART A) and supplementary medical insurance (MEDICARE PART B). (Hospital Administration Terminology, AHA, 2d ed and A Discursive Dictionary of Health Care, US House of Representatives, 1976)Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (U.S.): A component of the Department of Health and Human Services to oversee and direct the Medicare and Medicaid programs and related Federal medical care quality control staffs. Name was changed effective June 14, 2001.Budgets: Detailed financial plans for carrying out specific activities for a certain period of time. They include proposed income and expenditures.Medicare Part A: The compulsory portion of Medicare that is known as the Hospital Insurance Program. All persons 65 years and older who are entitled to benefits under the Old Age, Survivors, Disability and Health Insurance Program or railroad retirement, persons under the age of 65 who have been eligible for disability for more than two years, and insured workers (and their dependents) requiring renal dialysis or kidney transplantation are automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A.United StatesHistory, 20th Century: Time period from 1901 through 2000 of the common era.
"Marufu back from world showcase". Chronicle. Zimbabwe. 8 December 2007. Archived from the original on 22 November 2010. ...
"It's good to be back - Chafa". Daily News. 25 March 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017. "Zimbabwe 2016". RSSSF. 4 April 2017. ... "Zimbabwe 2013". RSSSF. 29 June 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2016. "FIFA suspends Chafa in drugs probe". New Zimbabwe. 2 September ... Dynamos Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League (4): 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Mbada Diamonds Cup (2): 2011, 2012 CAPS United Zimbabwe ... Chafa began his career with Dynamos, his spell with Dynamos was mainly a success as he left in 2015 following four Zimbabwe ...
Zimbabwe may have been one of the later additions to the digital world, but this was by no means anything short of a technical ... The back office service and support was headed up by Clint Sim and supported by Scott Nursten. Scott's primary duties were web ... Since Zimbabwe had never before seen internet access locally, many people did not know what computers were useful for or how ... Zimbabwe Online deserves a special mention as it was run and managed from inside the offices of Data Control and their ...
"Russian prominent artist comes to Zimbabwe to mock Mugabe, flees for dear life". My Zimbabwe. Retrieved 2014-01-17. Alex Bell ... "The Artist Responsible for Those Armani Diapers Is Back". Hint Magazine. 2014-01-15. Retrieved 2014-01-15. Lee Carter (2013-07- ... Angela Saltarelli (February 6, 2013). "Interview with Petro Wodkins, the Russian artist chased by Zimbabwe's government after ... "Russian artist who mocked Mugabe describes fleeing Zimbabwe". Nehanda Radio. Retrieved 2013-07-09. " ...
"Roll back :Ex-Miss Rhodesia, Corrine Prinsloo Adds Glamour to Cargo , Zimbabwe News , Zimbabwe News". www.thezimbabwenewslive. ... In 1980, when Rhodesia transitioned to a majority democracy and became Zimbabwe, Miss Rhodesia was renamed Miss Zimbabwe. Miss ... Books of Zimbabwe. ISBN 9780869202609. "ORAFs - Old Rhodesian Air Force Sods Newsletter". www.ourstory.com. Retrieved 2017-09- ... "Zimbabwe's great white survivor". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-14. Trethowan, Anthony (2008). Delta Scout: Ground ...
Their backs are black with a white underbelly. This species is found: in the southwest of Angola; in northern Botswana; in ... eastern and southern Democratic Republic of Congo; in southern Zambia, in the basins of the Okavango and Zambezi; in Zimbabwe. ...
The Herald (Zimbabwe). 18 October 2010. "Gay in JA: What's it like to be gay in a society where it's illegal to practice your ... Capleton Finds His Way Back To VP. VPRecords.com. 30 June 2010. Summer Fest '99 - Dancehall Nights Archived 15 July 2011 at the ... Capleton finds his way back to VP. Jamaica Gleaner. 30 June 2010. Warming the stage for Capleton Archived 27 November 2010 at ... Stops included Gambia, Senegal, South Africa and multiple dates in Zimbabwe. In December 2012 the music Unite Cape Town ...
Zimbabwe's Kirsty Coventry, a five-time Olympian and double gold medalist in this event, capped off her illustrious Olympic ... "Maya DiRado Upsets Katinka Hosszu For Victory In The 200 Back". Swimming World Magazine. 12 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August ... "Katinka Hosszu Soars Ahead Of 200 Back Semi-Finals Field". Swimming World Magazine. 11 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016. " ... "Coventry caps Olympic career with 6th-place finish". Zimbabwe: The Standard. 12 August 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016. " ...
"DeMbare legends back team". NewsDay. 15 December 2011. "Zimbabwe: Down Memory Lane". The Herald. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 29 ... "Zimbabwe: 'Politics' Saves Mucherahowa". The Standard. 6 July 2003. Retrieved 29 August 2012. " ...
"Zimbabwe: Mutuma Signs for Dembare". All Africa. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2016. "Zimbabwe: Dembare Blow As Mutuma ... "Mutuma back at Dynamos". NewsDay. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 19 June 2016. "Warriors destroy Lesotho". Herald. 19 October 2015. ... Scores and results list Zimbabwe's goal tally first. Dynamos Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League (3): 2011, 2012, 2014, "Rodreck ... "Zimbabwe: Fifa Clear Mutuma for Dynamos Return". All Africa. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2016. "Mutuma strikes on return to ...
Young dropped for Zimbabwe Test ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 22 January 2012 Matsikenyeri back for New Zealand tour ESPNCricinfo. ... Zimbabwe's first innings total of 51 is the lowest score made against New Zealand by any nation. Day 1 Zimbabwe won the toss ... Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to field. ODI debuts: Dean Brownlie, Andrew Ellis and Tom Latham (New Zealand) Zimbabwe won ... Records Zimbabwe's first innings total of 51 set a new record for Zimbabwe's lowest completed innings total, breaking the ...
"National Railways of Zimbabwe". International Railway Journal. May 1, 2004. "Mugabe forced back to steam age". The Times. ... Likewise in Zimbabwe 20th class 730 and 740 were held in operating condition until 2004. They have not run since 2004 when 730 ... Hwange, Zimbabwe and Ushuaia, Argentina whilst Dinas in North Wales offers the sight of daily operation for about 10 months of ... Zimbabwe's economic and political situation has extended the life of its Garratts. Five Garratts, including some from the ...
University of Zimbabwe. "About UZ". Archived from the original on 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2009-01-02. Bingham, J.; Schumacher, C. ... "Judge backs press freedom in landmark ruling". The Institute for Ethics and Economic Policy (IEEP). 8 November 2001. Retrieved ... He was vice-chancellor of the University of Zimbabwe from 1997 to 2002. As a researcher, he published on subjects such as the ... Bingham, J.; Foggin, C.M.; Wondeler, A.I.; Hill, F.W.G. (1999). "The epidemiology of rabies in Zimbabwe 1. Rabies in dogs ( ...
"In Zimbabwe, Daily News is on the way back". Committee to Protect Journalists. 27 May 2010. Archived from the original on 13 ... "Zimbabwe court drops paper case". BBC News. 20 September 2004. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012. Retrieved 12 ... "Zimbabwe 'murder plot' fails". BBC News. 1 August 2000. Archived from the original on 12 September 2012. Retrieved 12 September ... "Zimbabwe's war veterans, Mugabe's shock troops". Reuters. 4 April 2008. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012. ...
"Young dropped for Zimbabwe Test". ESPNcricinfo. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2012. "McCullum backs Watling's keeping ... When Zimbabwe toured New Zealand in January 2012, incumbent wicket-keeper Reece Young was dropped because he did not score ... Fernando, Andrew (28 January 2012). "New Zealand bowl out Zimbabwe twice in a day". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 6 March 2012. ... Alderson, Andrew (13 January 2012). "Lessons from Zimbabwe". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 6 March 2012. "Kruger van Wyk to make Test ...
His next move was back to Zimbabwe to join Dynamos, a year later he left for South Africa again but this time joined SuperSport ... "Zimbabwe 2013". RSSSF. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 26 June 2016. "Zimbabwe 2014". RSSSF. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 26 June 2016. ... "Zimbabwe/Mozambique: Warriors Edge Mozambique Friendly". All Africa. 8 December 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2016. "Zimbabwe 2012". ... Scores and results list Zimbabwe's goal tally first. Dynamos Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League (3): 2012, 2013, 2014 "Unsettled ...
"Solomon Mire back in Zimbabwe squad". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 February 2017. "ZC's provincial One-Day competition preponed ... "Zimbabwe: Mire Returns to Chevrons". All Africa. Retrieved 10 February 2017. "Tough battles expected as Pro50 Championship ... It was originally scheduled to start in May, but was brought forward to February in preparation for Zimbabwe's One Day ... The 2016-17 Pro50 Championship was the fourteenth edition of the Pro50 Championship, a List A cricket tournament in Zimbabwe. ...
"Solomon Mire back in Zimbabwe squad". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 February 2017. "ZC's provincial One-Day competition preponed ... The next day, Zimbabwe Cricket issued a press release stating that all players had now been paid and that the tournament would ... The 2016-17 Logan Cup was the 23rd edition of the Logan Cup, a first-class cricket competition in Zimbabwe. It was held between ... "Zimbabwe Cricket seeks to fill gap in fixtures". ESPNCricinfo. 7 January 2017. Retrieved 7 January 2017. "Logan Cup postponed ...
New York: Back Bay Books. ISBN 0-316-33000-0. Martin, David; Johnson, Phyllis (July 1981). The Struggle for Zimbabwe (First ed ... A nucleus of former RLI personnel remained to train and form the First Zimbabwe Commando Battalion of the Zimbabwe National ... ZANLA, the military wing of the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), had been led by Robert Mugabe since his and Nkomo's ... The regimental statue, "The Trooper" (or "The Troopie") left Zimbabwe on 28 July 1980 on a South African Air Force C-130 ...
This was Zimbabwe's first win in fifteen years against a Full Member side at a neutral venue in ODIs. Points: Zimbabwe 4, Sri ... However, before the final match, he was added back to squad. Kusal Perera suffered an injury during the fourth ODI and was ... Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat. Points: Sri Lanka 4, Zimbabwe 0. Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat. Tamim ... Points: Bangladesh 5, Zimbabwe 0. Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field. The venue became the sixth and the fastest to ...
I have moved back to Zimbabwe!", Gappah in a blog posting, 18 October 2010. Julie Phillips, "Petina Gappah on Zimbabwe, ... If I write about Zimbabwe, it's not the same as writing for Zimbabwe or for Zimbabweans.'" An Elegy for Easterly has been ... He and my mother moved to Kitwe, a town on the booming Zambian copper belt." She was brought up in Zimbabwe, where her parents ... In 2010 Gappah moved back to Harare for three years to work on her first novel, The Book of Memory. Published in 2015, it is ...
In 1980 the Hamptons moved to Zimbabwe, where she studied for a BA in Human Sciences, wrote books and articles on health issues ... "Politics bites back in Nairobi", New Statesman, 26 July 1985. "Britain's Austerity Olympics", Sunday Telegraph, 19 February ... A Family Outing in Africa described the Hampton's journey from Zimbabwe to the UK via Zaire (on public transport with her three ... "Zimbabwe Conscience", The Times, 25 June 2004. "Bert Bushnell Obituary", The Independent, 15 February 2010. "Martin Adler" ( ...
"Shahzad back in Afghanistan squad for Zimbabwe series". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 7 January 2018. Series home at ESPN Cricinfo. ... "Afghanistan to play Ireland, Zimbabwe in Sharjah". Times of India. Retrieved 25 October 2017. "Afghanistan, Zimbabwe to play ... An official from Zimbabwe Cricket said that both sides were still in talks to play a Test match, but that would be at some ... The Zimbabwe cricket team is scheduled to tour the United Arab Emirates to play the Afghanistan cricket team in February 2018 ...
They were further differentiated into half-backs, three-quarter-backs, and full-back. Specialised roles for the scrum also ... Kennedy Tsimba of Zimbabwe, younger brother of the aforementioned Richard, only played four times for his country, but was one ... In the backs, "half-backs" can be used to describe the scrum-half and fly-half; "inside backs" to describe the scrum-half, fly- ... "half-back". The backs play behind the forwards and are usually more lightly built and faster. Successful backs are skilful at ...
He was appointed as manager of the Zimbabwe national team in 2012 for a second time on 8 February. On 8 March 2014, he was ... Chikamhi, Eddie (8 February 2012). "Rahman Gumbo bounces back as Warriors coach". NehandaRadio.com. Retrieved 8 February 2012. ... On 10 May 2016, Gumbo was appointed manager of Zimbabwe Premier League club Chicken Inn. He took up his post as manager on 1 ... He was initially appointed to the managerial position of Zimbabwe in 2005, but was sacked following a 3-0 loss against Nigeria ...
Back then the liberal union was known as the "Nationale Centrale der Liberale Vakbonden van België". In 1930, the ACLVB-CGSLB ... Zimbabwe. 2010. 7.5 Source: ILO Trade unions by country. Australia. The Australian labour movement generally ... Trade unions in Germany have a history reaching back to the German revolution in 1848, and still play an important role in the ... The ABVV-FGTB in its current form dates back to 1945. The third major multi-sector union in Belgium is the liberal (classical ...
Leaders of Zimbabwes ruling ZANU-PF party are meeting on Friday to draft a resolution to dismiss President Robert Mugabe at ... "There is no going back," the source told Reuters. "If he becomes stubborn, we will arrange for him to be fired on Sunday. When ... JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Leaders of Zimbabwes ruling ZANU-PF party are meeting on Friday to draft a resolution to dismiss ...
Robertson told reporter Patience Rusere of VOAs Studio 7 for Zimbabwe that the Zimbabwe dollar is depreciating at a rate of ... Independent economist John Robertson said continued money-printing by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe to fund government ... leading Zimbabwean economist said Wednesday that the 10 zeroes lopped off the national currency early last month could be back ...
... 8 October 2003 The Congress of South African Trade Unions is giving its full ... COSATU fully backs the NLCs action and endorses the pledge by its President, Adams Oshiomhole, that "no amount of threats by ... The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions is organising a day of mass action, including work stoppages, today, 8 October, in ... COSATU has already expressed its concern at the attacks on of basic trade union rights by the Zimbabwe government and the ...
Home / Entertainment / Welcome back Taverna Athena. Welcome back Taverna Athena. Posted on August 6, 2004. by The Independent ... IT was almost like turning back the clock to much happier days, as cheerful diners with beaming faces and happy laughter poured ... So Taverna Athena was back in business more than half a year after closing "temporarily". Would it work? I wondered. The answer ... I still wait word they are back in business. Candidly its now unlikely, especially as Milton Parks Zafraan, with ...
"I am so happy and cannot hold back my joy," says an elated Gibson. "The last two years have been the most painful in my life. ... National protocol in Zimbabwe now recommends that every HIV patient with a suspected cough be screened for TB using a GeneXpert ... After a two year treatment Gibson Chijaka from Zimbabwe won the battle against DR-TB but lost two years of school life because ... A prevalence study by health authorities to appreciate the burden of DR-TB in Zimbabwe is ongoing. The growing use of a new ...
Zimbabwe, the same place that two years ago sported a brand new crisp Z$100 trillion bill. What is just as odd is that this ... While Zimbabwe, which now transacts almost exclusively in foreign currencies such as the USD and the South African Rand, is ... said the country should consider adopting a gold-backed currency. ... Topping off a weekend of surreal news is the announcement from the Central Bank of Zimbabwe that the country is now evaluating ...
A five-day back trajectory climatology for Rukomechi research station (northern Zimbabwe) and the impact of large-scale ... Makarau A. (1999). Zimbabwes climate: Past, present and future. In Water for Agriculture in Zimbabwe: Policy and Management ... Five-day back trajectories were selected because they extend far enough back in time and distance to cover the main source ... Torrance J.D. (1981). Climate Handbook of Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Meteorological Services, Harare. [ Links ]. 31. Holton J.R. (1993 ...
Police in Minnesota are investigating reports of a threat against a dentist who killed Zimbabwes most famous lion just outside ... He had faced federal charges of killing a bear outside his permitted zone and then hauling it back 40 miles (64 km) inside to ... Palmer said in his statement he had not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or the United States and would assist in any ... Zimbabwes Kadewere continues goalscoring run in Le Havre win over Lens. Goal.com ...
Relations between Zimbabwe and the West have been strained over a decade of political and economic turmoil that have fuelled ... In Dells words, Zimbabwes former opposition was "far from ideal and with different partners we could have achieved more" to ... We will continue to work to strengthen our partnership with the people of Zimbabwe and make progress on the issues that are ... The current US ambassador, Charles A Ray, said in a statement yesterday that lives could be endangered in Zimbabwe and other ...
Zimbabwe by Ludovico Granvassu, published on May 2, 2018 at All About Jazz. Find more Radio articles ... Join Our Community / Welcome Back!. *Member? Sign in. *Sign up. Email address ... Destination Africa! Part II: Benin, Congo, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Senegal, Zimbabwe By LUDOVICO GRANVASSU , Mondo Jazz May 2, 2018 ... Zimbabwe. Happy Listening! Playlist *Ben Allison "Mondo Jazz Theme (feat. Ted Nash & Pyeng Threadgill)" from Mondo Jazz Theme 0 ...
Walmart rolling back two of its COVID-19 precautions as customer behaviors change. Miami Herald ... The Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLHR) said that last year alone, more than 100 prisoners starved to death in the ... Human rights organisations have denounced prison conditions in Zimbabwe, saying suspects are often held in overcrowded cells ... PHOTOS: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - A look back. Yahoo News Photo Staff ...
Zimbabwes former president Robert Mugabe has died aged 95, the countrys President Emmerson Mnangagwa said on his official ... One step forward, two steps back The Centres moves to step up loan delivery to MSMEs and relax repayment terms may not be ... Zimbabwes former president Robert Mugabe has died aged 95, the countrys President Emmerson Mnangagwa said on his official ... "It is with the utmost sadness that I announce the passing on of Zimbabwes founding father and former President, Cde Robert ...
Business Reporter The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has surpassed its November 2017 revenue target by 30 percent to $352, ... Zvamaida Murwira Senior Reporter- Parliament should craft a law that punishes people who undermine the interests of Zimbabwe ...
Business Reporter The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has surpassed its November 2017 revenue target by 30 percent to $352, ...
... work in Zimbabwe and abroad you cannot do that with bond notes because they work only in Zimbabwe and if you google Zimbabwe ... RESERVE Bank of Zimbabwe governor John Mangudya says the central bank has increased the foreign currency injections into the ... Bankers Association of Zimbabwe vice-president Benefit Washaya recently hinted that they were considering not disbursing cash ... The announcement by the head of the Air Force of Zimbabwe that Command Agriculture will continue, concerns the MDC Alliance. ...
The announcement by the head of the Air Force of Zimbabwe that Command Agriculture will continue, concerns the MDC Alliance. ...
"All the work that has gone into the development and well-being of women and children, I think the pandemic has pushed us back ... "All the work that has gone into the development and well-being of women and children, I think the pandemic has pushed us back ... In Zimbabwe, the restriction of movement and suspension of community mobilization has meant that one of the countrys largest ... Both Zimbabwe and Uganda are staring at a potential shortage in contraceptives due to delay and complications in shipping ...
... a veteran of Zimbabwes 1970s independence war and a security guard at the National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) for 35 years, ... a veteran of Zimbabwes 1970s independence war and a security guard at the National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) for 35 years, ... a veteran of Zimbabwes 1970s independence war and a security guard at the National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) for 35 years, ... People sit on a platform at a train station in Marondera, in Mashonaland East, east of the capital Harare, Zimbabwe, August 4, ...
Nick Donaldson is glad he did not listen to recent scare stories about Zimbabwe ... Angry young men crouched in the backs of trucks as they sped around the deserted streets of Harare. Zimbabwe was gripped by ... Zimbabwe: Safari for softies. Lying by a pool, with a cold drink in his hand and wild animals sauntering past on their way to ... Shivering in the back, we cuddled under a blanket for warmth. Catherine and I guzzled from beer bottles as the children whinged ...
"Zimbabwe Open to bounce back". Zimbabwe Independent. 30 July 2004. Archived from the original on 22 January 2009. Retrieved ... dead link] "Zimbabwe Open to bounce back". Zimbabwe Herald. 10 October 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-22. Sunshine Tour - official ... The Zimbabwe Open is a golf tournament on the Sunshine Tour. It was first played in 1984 and was part of what was known as the ... Due to economic instability in Zimbabwe the tournament lost sponsors and was cancelled prior to the 2002 event. There were many ...
Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat. Trevor Garwe (Zim) made his ODI debut. "Taibu back in national team". ESPN Cricinfo. ... Zimbabwe XI won the toss and elected to field. Kyle Jarvis (Zimbabwe XI) made his first-class debut. Points: Zimbabwe 20, Kenya ... They played five One Day Internationals against the full Zimbabwe team and an Intercontinental Cup match against a Zimbabwe XI ... Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat. Kenya won the toss and elected to bat. Kenya won the toss and elected to bat. ...
AUSTRALIA has suffered a shambolic defeat at the hands of cricket minnows Zimbabwe in front of a rocking crowd at the Harare ... Its just Zimbabwes second ever win against Australia in ODI cricket - the last time it happened was at the 1983 World Cup. ... Australia must beat South Africa in their final pool match on Tuesday, or rely on Zimbabwe not sneaking a bonus point win over ... He even bowled the 47th over with Zimbabwe needing 11 to win. A fired-up and focused Clarke was dissatisfied with his teams ...
Chonzi set to bounce back at Town House February 28, 2019. Source: Chonzi set to bounce back at Town House , The Herald ...
Families risk unsafe water in drought-hit Zimbabwe. Posted Amid southern Africas worst drought in years, families are trekking ...
"Back then women would feel very comfortable using these methods especially rags which can be easily used again after washing ... We grow cotton in Zimbabwe but we are importing pads. Something has to give in so that we end period poverty, we need a ... As Zimbabwe continues to search for a lasting solution to this problem, Melody and several other underprivileged girls envisage ... Melodys story mirrors that of millions of impoverished girls around Zimbabwe who have no access to sanitary wear and have ...
HarareMugabe2016Zimbabwean2017Zimbabwe's19802002Reserve Bank ofRobert Mugabe's2000CrisisElectionsReutersIndependenceProsperousOfficialsMalariaDitched the Zimbabwe dollarNigeriaHuman RightsZANU PFHyperinflationCholera casesMutareGovernmentZambiaBatsmenInningsTsvangiraiProtestsSearchNews24WicketsYearsGovernment'sForce of ZimbabweExiled farmersNews ZimbabweAuthoritiesPrevalenceAfghanistanStreetsDeathsMillennium DevelCountry'sProgrammePeopleCabinetShonaPeople'sAdolescentsEthnic
- A leading Zimbabwean economist said Wednesday that the 10 zeroes lopped off the national currency early last month could be back by mid-November and joined by more by end-2008 if Harare does not reform economic policy. (voanews.com)
- A passenger sits in a carriage ahead of an overnight train journey at a train station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- Gilbert Mthinzima Ndlovu (R), a veteran of Zimbabwe's 1970s independence war and a security guard at the National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) for 35 years, chats to his colleague in a carriage during an overnight train journey from Harare to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- A passenger walks past a sleeper train at a station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- Commuters pose for a photograph in a sleeper train from Harare to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- Wheels from an old train carriage are seen in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 4, 2018. (aol.com)
- Passengers chat as they wait for a train at a station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- People stand next to rail track as they watch a sleeper train traveling from Harare to Bulawayo pass by near the town of Gweru, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- The sun is reflected on railway tracks during sunrise in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 4, 2018. (aol.com)
- People sit on a platform at a train station in Marondera, in Mashonaland East, east of the capital Harare, Zimbabwe, August 4, 2018. (aol.com)
- People walk past station master's office at Marondera station in Mashonaland East, east of Harare, Zimbabwe, August 4, 2018. (aol.com)
- A passenger travels on a sleeper train from Harare to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- A train schedule is written on a chalk board at a train station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- Train carriages are parked at a train station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- A train mechanic sleeps at a platform after an overnight train journey from Harare, in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- People wait for a sleeper train, traveling from Harare to Bulawayo, to depart near the town of Gweru, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- Passengers arrive to board a sleeper train at a station in Harare, Zimbabwe, August 5, 2018. (aol.com)
- A train carrying passengers and goods travels from Harare to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- Commuters stand on a platform during a brief stop of a sleeper train traveling from Harare to Bulawayo, near the town of Gweru, Zimbabwe, August 6, 2018. (aol.com)
- Angry young men crouched in the backs of trucks as they sped around the deserted streets of Harare. (telegraph.co.uk)
- AUSTRALIA have suffered a shambolic defeat at the hands of cricket minnows Zimbabwe in front of a rocking crowd at Harare Sports Club. (news.com.au)
- Libyan Ambassador to Zimbabwe, Taher El-Magrahi , wearing white shirt front right, during a demonstration against the rule of Muammar Qaddafi outside the Libyan Embassy in Harare, in this Aug. 24 photo. (csmonitor.com)
- Harare, Zimbabwe - The Zimbabwe government has expelled Libyan ambassador to Zimbabwe, Taher El-Magrahi and his staff for siding with the rebel National Transitional Council (NTC). (csmonitor.com)
- HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) -- Zimbabwe is no longer pressing for the extradition of James Walter Palmer, an American dentist who killed a well-known lion called Cecil, a Cabinet minister said Monday. (thehour.com)
- Palmer can now safely return to Zimbabwe as a "tourist" because he had not broken the southern African country's hunting laws, Environment, Water and Climate Minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri told reporters in Harare on Monday. (thehour.com)
- On Monday, she told reporters in Harare that Palmer can now safely return to Zimbabwe as a "tourist" because he had not broken this wildlife-rich southern African country's hunting laws. (thehour.com)
- A charcoal vendor in Zimbabwe arranges his wares of 50kg polythene bags full of charcoal piled on top of each other openly displaying and selling charcoal at Mbare Musika Market in Harare. (news24.com)
- CDC has supported the HIV Care and Treatment program in Zimbabwe since its inception in 2004, and currently implements these activities across 20 districts in the provinces of Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland East, Matabeleland North, and Harare. (cdc.gov)
- Lynde Francis is the founder and director The Centre, in Harare, Zimbabwe, an organization run by and for people living with HIV. (thebody.com)
- Mr Mnangagwa, who has close ties to the army and the security establishment, returned to a hero's welcome in Zimbabwe on Wednesday, telling crowds of supporters in Harare they were witnessing the start of a new democratic era. (businesstimes.com.sg)
- One victim's fate was known: An activist named Tonderai Ndira, here in Harare, was taken by six men in black suits last May 14, men who were probably agents of the feared Central Intelligence Organization (CIO) and who threw him in the back of a van without saying a word. (newsweek.com)
- But the situation appears to have escalated notably in the last few hours as The Telegraph reports, several loud explosions echoed across central Harare in the early hours of Wednesday after troops deployed on the streets of the capital and seized the state-owened Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corp . (zerohedge.com)
- Due to ongoing uncertainty in Zimbabwe, the U.S. Embassy in Harare will be minimally staffed and closed to the public on November 15. (zerohedge.com)
- Savanna Madamombe rides on the back of her brother's truck in Harare. (upr.org)
- Savanna Madamombe walks into a plant shop in Harare, Zimbabwe. (upr.org)
- Robert Mugabe - the man who became synonymous with Zimbabwe, has resigned. (nation.lk)
- After he suffered the first electoral defeat of his career, in a 2000 referendum, Mr Mugabe unleashed his personal militia - the self-styled war veterans, backed by the security forces - who used violence and murder as an electoral strategy. (nation.lk)
- The international community has been helping Zimbabwe cope with a cholera and hunger emergency, but withholding significant development aid until it sees president Robert Mugabe cede real power to Tsvangirai, his longtime rival. (hindustantimes.com)
- Libya's fallen leader Muammar Qaddafi still has friends in the Zimbabwe government of President Robert Mugabe, who shares ideological and financial ties with Libya's former leader. (csmonitor.com)
- Zimbabwe is preparing for the most significant elections anyone here can remember, pitting 89-year-old president Robert Mugabe against his prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai , for the country's top leadership role. (minnpost.com)
- Mugabe leads the Zimbabwe African Nation Union Patriotic Front ( ZANU PF ), while Mr. Tsvangirai leads a labor-based party, the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC). (minnpost.com)
- Military officials in Zimbabwe said details of the airbase plan were sketchy and mostly classified due to the veil of secrecy around President Robert Mugabe s relationship with China s Red Army. (freerepublic.com)
- Organizer Charm Chinyake said that youth militia and veterans of Zimbabwe's war in the 1970s that brought Mr. Mugabe to power were forcing people to admit they had voted the wrong way in the March 29 election, in which the MDC won a parliamentary majority from Mr. Mugabe"s Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front (ZANU-PF). (washingtontimes.com)
- The West, particularly the Anglo-American establishment, should stop insisting that President Mugabe and ZANU-PF cannot be part of a future prosperous Zimbabwe," opinion columnist Obediah Mazombwe wrote, according to the Associated Press. (washingtontimes.com)
- BEIJING (Reuters) - China is shedding few tears over the ousting of its old friend Robert Mugabe as president of Zimbabwe, fed up with the ruinous state of its economy and confident a new government will not antagonise China or change course on policies towards it. (reuters.com)
- China's friendship with Mugabe dates back to Zimbabwe's independence struggle, which China supported. (reuters.com)
- In 2015, Mugabe won the Confucius Peace Prize, supposed to be China's answer to the Nobel Peace Prize, but he turned it down according to Zimbabwe media after he learned it had no connection with the Chinese government. (reuters.com)
- In 2008, China vetoed a proposed Western-backed U.N. resolution that would have imposed an arms embargo on Zimbabwe and financial and travel restrictions on Mugabe and 13 other officials, saying it would "complicate" conflict. (reuters.com)
- So let's take the case of Zimbabwe and ask a few questions, for there's no better illustration of the mild left's uncritically accepting the agenda set by Washington and London than that of how it has reacted to Robert Mugabe and his attempts at land reform. (sympatico.ca)
- Mr Nujoma and Mr Mugabe ambushed Tony Blair at the United Nations Earth Summit in Johannesburg last year where the Namibian leader launched a broadside against Mr Blair accusing him of protecting a few white "imperialists and colonisers" in Zimbabwe at the expense of the country's 14 million people who did not control their land. (pravda.ru)
- Mr Mugabe also delivered a scathing attack in which he told Mr Blair to "keep your little England and I will keep my Zimbabwe" to massive applause. (pravda.ru)
- African News Agency 11th April 2018 Former Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is to be summoned by a committee of lawmakers in Zimbabwe to testify at a parliament probe into lost. (polity.org.za)
- It is the silent talks that were spearheaded by Father Zimbabwe Joshua Nkomo, Dabengwa and their compatriots within the ZAPU camp as well as their former foes in ZANU-PF led by Robert Mugabe that led to Unity talks. (zimbabwesituation.com)
- Zimbabwe - Clinging to his now virtually powerless post, longtime Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe was fired as ruling party chief to cheers Sunday, and was set to discuss his expected exit with the army commander who put the world's oldest head of state under house arrest days ago. (click2houston.com)
- Mr Mugabe had ruled Zimbabwe almost unopposed since independence, eventually becoming the world's oldest serving head of state. (businesstimes.com.sg)
- Zimbabwe is facing a political crisis with the ruling Zanu-PF party, as a very public showdown over who is likely to succeed President Robert Mugabe plays out. (zerohedge.com)
- Vigil Co-ordinator Rose Benton said "There is no doubt that Luka is a Zimbabwean but the Home Office wants to send him back to Malawi , a firm supporter of Mugabe. (zimvigil.co.uk)
- AFP - President Robert Mugabe on Sunday issued an unprecedented appeal for an end to politically and racially driven violence in Zimbabwe, as the nation marked 30 years of independence. (france24.com)
- Mugabe, a former guerrilla leader, was hailed as a hero when he led Zimbabwe to independence in 1980 from the white-minority Rhodesian regime. (france24.com)
- But Zimbabwe, once considered a regional model of stability, has endured a spectacular economic collapse as Mugabe has retained a stranglehold on the presidency. (france24.com)
- In 1980, Zimbabwe gained independence after a period of rule which was governed by Great Britain, and Robert Mugabe, who until that moment was a political prisoner, took over the helm of affairs of the nation as the first prime minister. (articlebiz.com)
- Zimbabwe used to be considered as the food basket of Africa, but Mugabe has driven it into economic chaos as expressed by 95% unemployment and 231 million percent inflation according to experts (in 2008). (articlebiz.com)
- All of this meant that it was too risky to return to Zimbabwe to see her family while Mugabe was in power. (upr.org)
- The Mugabe era is gone, and it's something that can't ever be allowed to come back. (upr.org)
- However, Human Rights Watch research in 2016 and 2017 into conditions on tobacco farms in Zimbabwe revealed an industry tainted by child labor and confronted by other serious human rights problems as well. (hrw.org)
- China's total trade with Zimbabwe in 2016 was worth $1.11 billion, down 15 percent on-year, a fraction of the $35.3 billion in trade China and South Africa did. (reuters.com)
- Rangana Herath had taken 19 wickets in two Tests against Zimbabwe in 2016 - and that was away from home. (espncricinfo.com)
- THE central bank says the country must consider adopting a gold-backed Zimbabwean dollar warning that the US greenback's days as the world's reserve currency are numbered. (zerohedge.com)
- Muchinguri-Kashiri had said in July that Zimbabwean police and prosecutors would work to get Palmer returned to Zimbabwe to face poaching charges. (thehour.com)
- To begin, the question of redistributing farm land from wealthy white farmers to poor blacks has been at the centre of Zimbabwean politics since Zimbabwe won formal independence over two decades ago, and was at the heart of the independence struggle. (sympatico.ca)
- The U.S. shares the same fundamental interest as the Zimbabwean people: a stable, peaceful, democratic Zimbabwe that reflects the people's will and provides for their needs. (state.gov)
- A leading Zimbabwean political activist in the UK campaigning for human rights in Zimbabwe has been taken into detention and told he is to be deported. (zimvigil.co.uk)
- Gilbert Mthinzima Ndlovu, a veteran of Zimbabwe's 1970s independence war and a security guard at the National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) for 35 years, yearns for the old days when trains were full and arrived on time. (aol.com)
- Professor Tony Hawkins of the University of Zimbabwe once observed that with Zimbabwe's former leader: "Whenever economics gets in the way of politics, politics wins every time. (nation.lk)
- Until the Zimbabwe dollar became virtually obsolete in recent weeks, Zimbabwe's last official inflation rate in the local currency was given as 231 million percent in August, by far the highest in the world. (hindustantimes.com)
- Yet, for the Zimbabwe government - which has maintained close ties to Mr. Qaddafi because of the Libyan leader's financial and military support of rebel movements such as Zimbabwe's ruling ZANU PF party - Qaddafi's government is the only one that Zimbabwe will recognize. (csmonitor.com)
- Zimbabwe's political leaders failed to iron out differences, which have held back a unity Govt aimed at ending the country's political and economic turmoil. (hindustantimes.com)
- And so it could be anticipated from the start that land reform in Zimbabwe would be a problematical issue, one that would sustain little support from London, and difficult all the more for Zimbabwe's straitened circumstances foreclosing the possibility of its adequately paying compensation to the minority that controls the county's best land if it went it alone. (sympatico.ca)
- Our support for the people of Zimbabwe includes ensuring that those Zimbabweans using their positions of power to undermine Zimbabwe's democratic progress are not benefiting from their actions. (state.gov)
- However, the Gender Links 2013 Barometer on Zimbabwe reported that although Zimbabwe's economic framework calls for women's participation in key sectors of the economy, there are no gender-responsive policies in the agriculture and mining sectors. (ipsnews.net)
- Dabengwa in many ways, is part of the DNA of the liberation struggle of Zimbabwe which between 1964 and 1980 took the form of guerrilla warfare which led to the independence of the country in 1980. (zimbabwesituation.com)
- The United Kingdom formally granted independence to Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) in 1980, following years of conflict between minority white rulers and majority black guerrilla movements. (state.gov)
- The ensuing chaos undermined the agriculture-backed economy, which shrank to half its 1980 size. (france24.com)
- Due to economic instability in Zimbabwe the tournament lost sponsors and was cancelled prior to the 2002 event. (wikipedia.org)
- In 2002, Zimbabwe received oil from Libya under a $360 million loan facility that was to be repaid partly by the supply of farm produce to Tripoli. (csmonitor.com)
- USAID assistance to Zimbabwe since 2002 has focused on HIV/AIDS prevention, democracy and governance programs, humanitarian assistance, economic growth and agriculture, and investing in people. (state.gov)
- Roy was one of the people who inspired the launch of the Vigil back in 2002 and visited us when he was last released from prison, when we clothed him and Heather in our Vigil t-shirts. (zimvigil.co.uk)
- Independent economist John Robertson said continued money-printing by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe to fund government operations is driving the currency's dramatic decline which has been paralleled by a new surge in prices for basic goods in recent days. (voanews.com)
- RESERVE Bank of Zimbabwe governor John Mangudya says the central bank has increased the foreign currency injections into the economy by 50% to $150 million a month to ease forex shortages. (co.zw)
- Trade and investment ties between Zimbabwe, China, India, Japan and Australia have grown appreciably,' said Charity Dhliwayo, acting governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. (freerepublic.com)
- By extension, it is also assumed that our banks will not be engaged in significant short-tenure credit-creation, especially with the 50% overnight interest rates placed by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) on inter-bank borrowings. (allafrica.com)
- Salisbury, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe celebrates the first anniversary of its independence April 18 with Prime Minister Robert Mugabe's government having consolidated its hold over the country. (csmonitor.com)
- In the wake of Robert Mugabe's resignation, Zimbabwe is seeking to rebuild its economy and wants exiled farmers - many of them in Australia - to come home. (abc.net.au)
- The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions is organising a day of mass action, including work stoppages, today, 8 October, in protest again the ever increasing cost of living, the high level of taxation, the cash crisis and the stifling of trade union activ ities by the government. (cosatu.org.za)
- The events of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis demand a new approach to self reliance and a stable mineral-backed currency and to me, Gold has proven over the years that it is a stable and most desired precious metal," Gono said. (zerohedge.com)
- The deepening crisis in Zimbabwe comes amidst growing food insecurity, the HIV/AIDS epidemic and poses the worst threat to child survival and development in 20 years. (scoop.co.nz)
- Both journalists were in Zimbabwe to cover the several demonstrations and strikes recently organized to protest against the country's economic crisis. (africanews.com)
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) continues to provide assistance to the people of Zimbabwe, who are in the midst of an expanding humanitarian crisis. (fightingmalaria.org)
- Pedzisai Ruhanya, director of Zimbabwe Democracy Institute says ahead of the watershed elections that, "Given some level of economic, social and political stability brought about by the inclusive government that was mainly made possible by regional and international goodwill, the country needs further consolidation on all these fronts and not a slide-back to autocracy and economic meltdown. (minnpost.com)
- Many more have died in previous Zimbabwe elections. (newsweek.com)
- Once one of Africa's most prosperous countries, Zimbabwe now suffers the world's highest rate of inflation, last estimated at 11.2 million percent, leaving 80 percent of the population living in poverty. (hindustantimes.com)
- It s a good sign when lowly nations try to move up to the level of prosperity inherent in prosperous nations, but Zimbabwe does so while witnessing how routine financial transactions are carried out within its territories in an astonishing amount of quadrillions. (articlebiz.com)
- CDC recommends that travelers going to Zimbabwe take prescription medicine to prevent malaria. (cdc.gov)
- A new report from the Roll Back Malaria (RBM) Partnership confirms that current investment in malaria control is saving lives and providing far-reaching benefits for countries. (fightingmalaria.org)
- Republic of Zimbabwe draft national malaria contro. (who.int)
- Republic of Zimbabwe draft national malaria control programme : Five Year plan (1991-1995). (who.int)
- The Congress of South African Trade Unions is giving its full support to two important protests being organised by its fellow trade unionists in Zimbabwe and Nigeria. (cosatu.org.za)
- As we continue our exploration of jazz by African musicians and by foreign musicians fascinated with the African continent and its music, this week we focus on Benin, Congo, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Senegal & Zimbabwe. (allaboutjazz.com)
- Relations between Zimbabwe and the West have been strained over a decade of political and economic turmoil that have fuelled political violence and human rights abuses. (news24.com)
- This decision, if implemented, would mean that the export of Marange diamonds is now permitted, without any monitoring for human rights abuses or credible evidence that Zimbabwe is complying with the Kimberley Process standards. (hrw.org)
- Will it be all that surprising if Zimbabwe is the first country, following its brief and painful detour into hyperinflation, to introduce a gold-backed currency? (zerohedge.com)
- However, the bond isn't trading at this rate in Zimbabwe and hence there's a risk of hyperinflation in the market. (kiva.org)
- Zimbabwe is now a hyperinflation economy, according to the Public Accountants and Auditors Board, which is mandated to regulate auditing and accounting standards in the southern African country. (news24.com)
- COSATU has already expressed its concern at the attacks on of basic trade union rights by the Zimbabwe government and the growth of mass poverty amongst the majority of the population. (cosatu.org.za)
- COSATU fully backs the NLC's action and endorses the pledge by its President, Adams Oshiomhole, that "no amount of threats by the government to deal with him and his men in the Labour Congress" would stop him from following the strike to its logical co nclusion. (cosatu.org.za)
- Or NATO will back a soon to be named rebel force to overthrow the radical hard money government. (zerohedge.com)
- Special zero interest US "Military Bonds" will be bought by the FED to fund the overthrow of any government proposing gold backed currencies. (zerohedge.com)
- Libyan Foreign Bank owns 96.6 million shares in government-controlled Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe (CBZ), one of the largest indigenous banks in Zimbabwe. (csmonitor.com)
- The Zimbabwe government is the largest of CBZ's shareholders, but Libya controls about 14.12 percent of CBZ Holdings Ltd 's total issued share capital. (csmonitor.com)
- Chinese companies are heavily involved in diamond mining, in partnership with the Zimbabwe Government. (freerepublic.com)
- The evidence gathered by Human Rights Watch contradicts claims that areas controlled by private mining companies, instead of by the Zimbabwe government alone, are relatively free of abuses. (hrw.org)
- WASHINGTON, Jul 8 2014 (IPS) - Monday's expulsion order by Bahrain against a visiting senior U.S. official has set back tentative hopes for internal reforms that could reconcile the kingdom's Sunni-led government with its majority Shia community and drawn a sharp protest from Washington. (ipsnews.net)
- The following is an IPI Watch List Protest to the Government of Zimbabwe and is being published by STAR Chairman Max Soliven who chairs the IPI National Committee. (pravda.ru)
- The U.S. Government provides guidance to U.S. businesses about how they can take advantage of opportunities in Zimbabwe while complying with U.S. law. (state.gov)
- In 1979, a new Zimbabwe-Rhodesia government called for an education reform that created a three-tier school system. (wikipedia.org)
- After the match Cricket Australia confirmed the captain would pla no further part in the series, but in another display of grit under pressure he returned to the non-striker's end for the final two balls of the innings and then remarkably came onto field midway through the Zimbabwe innings when Australia was floundering. (news.com.au)
- In reply, a 55-run fourth-wicket partnership between Burl and Craig Ervine, who made an undefeated 38, looked to have steadied the Zimbabwe innings before the early finish. (thedailystar.net)
- Another victim, a 21-year-old college student from Harare's Dzivaresekwa Phase 3 suburb, who was badly beaten up on Monday when the protests broke out, said: "I was beaten up on Monday and I sustained a deep cut on my cheek and another on my back. (allafrica.com)
- The Zimbabwe Association of Doctors for Human Rights (ZADHR) said 68 people had been shot and 172 injured during the protests. (allafrica.com)
- Palmer was the subject of extradition talk in Zimbabwe and a target of protests in the United States, particularly in Minnesota, where he has a dental practice, after he was identified as the man who killed Cecil the lion in a bow hunt. (thehour.com)
- After a two year treatment Gibson Chijaka from Zimbabwe won the battle against DR-TB but lost two years of school life because of his medication. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- Zimbabwe, the same place that two years ago sported a brand new crisp Z $100 trillion bill . (zerohedge.com)
- Daily back trajectories, calculated for several years and classified according to speed and direction, usually form the air mass flow climatology of a receptor site. (scielo.org.za)
- Prices in Zimbabwe have started to fall after years of devastating inflation that left the national currency nearly worthless, a rare piece of good news for an economy that remains a shambles. (hindustantimes.com)
- Over two years ago we reported that none other than Zimbabwe - best known in recent history for banknotes with many zeros in them - was bashing the US currency, and had alligned itself with the Chinese Yuan. (freerepublic.com)
- This culminated last month with the announcement by Zimbabwe s central bank that it would accept the Chinese yuan and three other Asian currencies as legal tender as economic relations have improved in recent years. (freerepublic.com)
- She launched a furniture business more than ten years back. (kiva.org)
- Just as a car crash killed Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai's wife Susan two years ago, it has never been unusual for politicians and their loved ones to fall victim to unfortunate accidents in Zimbabwe. (amren.com)
- He said reliable data showed that HIV/ AIDS prevalence in Zimbabwe had halved over the past 12 years, dropping from 30% in 1998 to 15% now. (scielo.org.za)
- The education system in Zimbabwe encompasses 13 years of primary and secondary school and runs from January to December. (wikipedia.org)
- The UK-based charity Lion Aid reckons trophy hunters in Zimbabwe killed around 800 lions in the 10 years to 2009, out of a population in the country of up to 1,680. (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Winston Chitando has made the great leap, from running Mimosa Platinum Mine to superintending over the Zimbabwe government's ministry of mines. (thezimbabwemail.com)
- The government's land reform program, characterized by chaos and violence, has badly damaged the commercial farming sector, the traditional source of exports and foreign exchange and the provider of 400,000 jobs, turning Zimbabwe into a net importer of food products. (stormfront.org)
- He had faced federal charges of killing a bear outside his permitted zone and then hauling it back 40 miles (64 km) inside to register it with authorities. (yahoo.com)
- Palmer said in his statement he had not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or the United States and would assist in any inquiries. (yahoo.com)
- The Ministry of Mines and Development, other relevant Zimbabwe authorities, and the mining industry in Marange need to take immediate measures to stop these abuses and ensure accountability for abuses by members of the police force and the private security guards, Human Rights Watch said. (hrw.org)
- At least 14 elephants died from poisoning in three separate incidents in Zimbabwe last month with poachers suspected of being behind 11 of the deaths, parks authorities said Wednesday. (phys.org)
- Afghanistan edged Zimbabwe by 12 runs in the first one-day international on Thursday but only after heavy rain had washed away home hopes. (thedailystar.net)
- After making 215 batting first, Afghanistan claimed victory on the Duckworth-Lewis method when Ryan Burl's dismissal left Zimbabwe on 99 for 4. (thedailystar.net)
- There have been disturbing reports of deaths in police custody and some of our members have reported that some of their clients have been assaulted or coerced to make confessions," Lloyd Mhishi, president of the Law Society of Zimbabwe, told a parliamentary committee on human rights. (yahoo.com)
- For decades, Zimbabwe has been one of the countries most severely affected by the pandemic, and until very recently HIV was involved in 30-40% of maternal deaths. (guttmacher.org)
- She said police had picked up five men in connection with the deaths in Hwange in northwestern Zimbabwe. (phys.org)
- The Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLHR) said that last year alone, more than 100 prisoners starved to death in the country's jails. (yahoo.com)
- HIV in Zimbabwe is disappearing like 'snow in the desert', in dramatic contrast to its neighbouring countries, mystifying epidemiologists, one of whom firmly believes the anomaly can be attributed to the country's relatively high level of education. (scielo.org.za)
- As Zimbabwe has adopted the ambitious Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS) Fast Track strategy for ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030, differentiated service delivery models have become increasingly necessary to increase convenience and access for patients, reduce out-of-pocket expenditure, and decongest clinical facilities. (cdc.gov)
- Due to a lack of information, DR-TB is still stigmatized in many communities across Zimbabwe, and the stigmatization in turn helps spread the disease, because people are afraid to come forward and seek care. (doctorswithoutborders.org)
- We will continue to work to strengthen our partnership with the people of Zimbabwe and make progress on the issues that are important for our two countries. (news24.com)
- Zvamaida Murwira Senior Reporter- Parliament should craft a law that punishes people who undermine the interests of Zimbabwe through calling for. (co.zw)
- I hope that my children will go back to school, and become better people, because they can't do that working in tobacco farming. (hrw.org)
- Legal or illegal, delivering food aid in Zimbabwe is certainly a slow business, mostly because no one knows where exactly the needy people are. (bbc.co.uk)
- From the day I arrived in Zimbabwe, I had been frightened - not because of anything I had seen or experienced, but because of the fear I had sensed in other people. (bbc.co.uk)
- Many people are back at work. (minnpost.com)
- We have problems getting people in here because ambulances and even private vehicles trying to ferry the wounded from rural areas are turned back by the army or the CIO," he said. (washingtontimes.com)
- The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment program continues to provide comprehensive HIV testing and treatment services for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) through two clinical implementing partners who work across 442 sites. (cdc.gov)
- The media duly reported the figure without a lot of scepticism and many people backed the North Atlantic alliance's decision to bomb Yugoslavia as a result. (sympatico.ca)
- Mr Nujoma has said African land must go back to its rightful owners - black people. (pravda.ru)
- An ailing economy, food shortages and the cholera epidemic have left the people of Zimbabwe in danger of other health risks. (fightingmalaria.org)
- The magic of CIMMYT: its people…live from Zimbabwe! (cimmyt.org)
- If Zimbabwe which was once living in prosperity, is now a beggarly nation, let those nations and people that think they stand tall, take heed lest they fall! (articlebiz.com)
- She says she wants to seize this moment in Zimbabwe to show people they can hold their leaders accountable. (upr.org)
- She says she views this as a moment of opportunity for the country, and she wants to seize it to show people in Zimbabwe that they can hold leaders accountable. (upr.org)
- FILE- In this Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015 file photo dentist Walter Palmer, arrives back at his office following a lunch break in Bloomington, Minn. A Zimbabwe Cabinet minister said Monday Oct. 12, 2015 that the country is no longer pressing for Palmer's extradition following the hunting and killing a well-known lion called Cecil. (thehour.com)
- Both are regulated by the Cabinet of Zimbabwe . (wikipedia.org)
- To estimate age-specific abortion incidence and unintended pregnancy in Zimbabwe, and to examine differences among adolescents by marital status and residence. (guttmacher.org)
- Protecting adolescents from unintended pregnancy and HIV infection by providing them with essential sexual and reproductive health information and services will be critical if Zimbabwe is to fulfill its long-term economic development goals. (guttmacher.org)
- In fact, rather than finding 100,000 bodies, or even NATO's later revised figure of 10,000 bodies, they found a couple of thousand, and it was never clear how many bodies were those of non-combatants killed by Serb forces as opposed to those killed by the KLA, the ethnic Albanian guerilla army backed by NATO. (sympatico.ca)