Low Back Pain
Range of Motion, Articular
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Any visible result of a procedure which is caused by the procedure itself and not by the entity being analyzed. Common examples include histological structures introduced by tissue processing, radiographic images of structures that are not naturally present in living tissue, and products of chemical reactions that occur during analysis.
Pattern Recognition, Visual
Motion Pictures as Topic
Motion Therapy, Continuous Passive
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
The process of generating three-dimensional images by electronic, photographic, or other methods. For example, three-dimensional images can be generated by assembling multiple tomographic images with the aid of a computer, while photographic 3-D images (HOLOGRAPHY) can be made by exposing film to the interference pattern created when two laser light sources shine on an object.
Mental processing of chromatic signals (COLOR VISION) from the eye by the VISUAL CORTEX where they are converted into symbolic representations. Color perception involves numerous neurons, and is influenced not only by the distribution of wavelengths from the viewed object, but also by its background color and brightness contrast at its boundary.
Respiratory-Gated Imaging Techniques
Timing the acquisition of imaging data to specific points in the breathing cycle to minimize image blurring and other motion artifacts. The images are used diagnostically and also interventionally to coordinate radiation treatment beam on/off cycles to protect healthy tissues when they move into the beam field during different times in the breathing cycle.
Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
Physical Therapy Modalities
Devices or objects in various imaging techniques used to visualize or enhance visualization by simulating conditions encountered in the procedure. Phantoms are used very often in procedures employing or measuring x-irradiation or radioactive material to evaluate performance. Phantoms often have properties similar to human tissue. Water demonstrates absorbing properties similar to normal tissue, hence water-filled phantoms are used to map radiation levels. Phantoms are used also as teaching aids to simulate real conditions with x-ray or ultrasonic machines. (From Iturralde, Dictionary and Handbook of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Imaging, 1990)
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
The characteristic 3-dimensional shape of a protein, including the secondary, supersecondary (motifs), tertiary (domains) and quaternary structure of the peptide chain. PROTEIN STRUCTURE, QUATERNARY describes the conformation assumed by multimeric proteins (aggregates of more than one polypeptide chain).
An order of the class Insecta. Wings, when present, number two and distinguish Diptera from other so-called flies, while the halteres, or reduced hindwings, separate Diptera from other insects with one pair of wings. The order includes the families Calliphoridae, Oestridae, Phoridae, SARCOPHAGIDAE, Scatophagidae, Sciaridae, SIMULIIDAE, Tabanidae, Therevidae, Trypetidae, CERATOPOGONIDAE; CHIRONOMIDAE; CULICIDAE; DROSOPHILIDAE; GLOSSINIDAE; MUSCIDAE; TEPHRITIDAE; and PSYCHODIDAE. The larval form of Diptera species are called maggots (see LARVA).
Time and Motion Studies
Signal Detection, Psychological
Sensitivity and Specificity
Analysis of Variance
An oval, bony chamber of the inner ear, part of the bony labyrinth. It is continuous with bony COCHLEA anteriorly, and SEMICIRCULAR CANALS posteriorly. The vestibule contains two communicating sacs (utricle and saccule) of the balancing apparatus. The oval window on its lateral wall is occupied by the base of the STAPES of the MIDDLE EAR.
Molecular Dynamics Simulation
Evoked Potentials, Visual
The act of breathing with the LUNGS, consisting of INHALATION, or the taking into the lungs of the ambient air, and of EXHALATION, or the expelling of the modified air which contains more CARBON DIOXIDE than the air taken in (Blakiston's Gould Medical Dictionary, 4th ed.). This does not include tissue respiration (= OXYGEN CONSUMPTION) or cell respiration (= CELL RESPIRATION).
Recovery of Function
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
Analysis based on the mathematical function first formulated by Jean-Baptiste-Joseph Fourier in 1807. The function, known as the Fourier transform, describes the sinusoidal pattern of any fluctuating pattern in the physical world in terms of its amplitude and its phase. It has broad applications in biomedicine, e.g., analysis of the x-ray crystallography data pivotal in identifying the double helical nature of DNA and in analysis of other molecules, including viruses, and the modified back-projection algorithm universally used in computerized tomography imaging, etc. (From Segen, The Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
A reflex wherein impulses are conveyed from the cupulas of the SEMICIRCULAR CANALS and from the OTOLITHIC MEMBRANE of the SACCULE AND UTRICLE via the VESTIBULAR NUCLEI of the BRAIN STEM and the median longitudinal fasciculus to the OCULOMOTOR NERVE nuclei. It functions to maintain a stable retinal image during head rotation by generating appropriate compensatory EYE MOVEMENTS.
Intervertebral Disc Degeneration
Total Disc Replacement
A gelatinous membrane overlying the acoustic maculae of SACCULE AND UTRICLE. It contains minute crystalline particles (otoliths) of CALCIUM CARBONATE and protein on its outer surface. In response to head movement, the otoliths shift causing distortion of the vestibular hair cells which transduce nerve signals to the BRAIN for interpretation of equilibrium.
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
A rigorously mathematical analysis of energy relationships (heat, work, temperature, and equilibrium). It describes systems whose states are determined by thermal parameters, such as temperature, in addition to mechanical and electromagnetic parameters. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 12th ed)
Space Motion Sickness
The ten-layered nervous tissue membrane of the eye. It is continuous with the OPTIC NERVE and receives images of external objects and transmits visual impulses to the brain. Its outer surface is in contact with the CHOROID and the inner surface with the VITREOUS BODY. The outer-most layer is pigmented, whereas the inner nine layers are transparent.
Sensory functions that transduce stimuli received by proprioceptive receptors in joints, tendons, muscles, and the INNER EAR into neural impulses to be transmitted to the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. Proprioception provides sense of stationary positions and movements of one's body parts, and is important in maintaining KINESTHESIA and POSTURAL BALANCE.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Biomolecular
Cardiac-Gated Imaging Techniques
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Cine
A type of imaging technique used primarily in the field of cardiology. By coordinating the fast gradient-echo MRI sequence with retrospective ECG-gating, numerous short time frames evenly spaced in the cardiac cycle are produced. These images are laced together in a cinematic display so that wall motion of the ventricles, valve motion, and blood flow patterns in the heart and great vessels can be visualized.
A physical property showing different values in relation to the direction in or along which the measurement is made. The physical property may be with regard to thermal or electric conductivity or light refraction. In crystallography, it describes crystals whose index of refraction varies with the direction of the incident light. It is also called acolotropy and colotropy. The opposite of anisotropy is isotropy wherein the same values characterize the object when measured along axes in all directions.
The failure by the observer to measure or identify a phenomenon accurately, which results in an error. Sources for this may be due to the observer's missing an abnormality, or to faulty technique resulting in incorrect test measurement, or to misinterpretation of the data. Two varieties are inter-observer variation (the amount observers vary from one another when reporting on the same material) and intra-observer variation (the amount one observer varies between observations when reporting more than once on the same material).
Molecular Motor Proteins
Ventricular Function, Left
Equipment Failure Analysis
Task Performance and Analysis
Tomography, Emission-Computed, Single-Photon
A method of computed tomography that uses radionuclides which emit a single photon of a given energy. The camera is rotated 180 or 360 degrees around the patient to capture images at multiple positions along the arc. The computer is then used to reconstruct the transaxial, sagittal, and coronal images from the 3-dimensional distribution of radionuclides in the organ. The advantages of SPECT are that it can be used to observe biochemical and physiological processes as well as size and volume of the organ. The disadvantage is that, unlike positron-emission tomography where the positron-electron annihilation results in the emission of 2 photons at 180 degrees from each other, SPECT requires physical collimation to line up the photons, which results in the loss of many available photons and hence degrades the image.
Measurement of the polarization of fluorescent light from solutions or microscopic specimens. It is used to provide information concerning molecular size, shape, and conformation, molecular anisotropy, electronic energy transfer, molecular interaction, including dye and coenzyme binding, and the antigen-antibody reaction.
"E•MO•TION by Carly Rae Jepsen on Apple Music". iTunes Store. Retrieved 2 June 2017. @TravieMcCoy (9 June 2015). "Your boy is ... BACK!! I'm releasing my brand new single #GOLDEN feat. the ONE, the ONLY @SIA on June 15th on DCD2/FBRpic.twitter.com/ ... "Sia - Together (from the motion picture Music)". YouTube. Retrieved 4 February 2021. "David Guetta & Sia - Let's Love (Official ... "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes Store. Retrieved 26 April 2012. "Deluxe Edition for ...
For her contributions to the motion picture industry, Love was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960 at ... "Bessie Love Back". Titusville Herald. 72 (90). Titusville, Pennsylvania. September 28, 1936. p. 1. Lejeune, C.A. (August 13, ... "Vitagraph". Motion Picture News. November 30, 1918. p. 3146. Essex, Bert D. (April 1919). "The Silent Trend". Photo-Play ... ISBN 0-688-03544-2. Ramsey, Walter (March 1930). "Strange as It May Seem". Motion Picture. Vol. 39 no. 2. p. 92. Love 1977, p. ...
Martina McBride discography
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Matraca Berg - "Back in the Saddle"". Daily Motion. Retrieved 12 November 2015. CS1 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Back to Bacharach: Steve Tyrell: AllMusic Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 15 November ...
Daily Motion. mobileStorm Expands in Bay Area. Social Tech. January 28, 2008. mobileStorm to Provide Digital Marketing Tools ... mobileStorm Gets Backing from eonBusiness. Goliath: Business Knowledge on Demand. October 30, 2007. mobileStorm Announces ...
Motion picture]". Library of Congress. Retrieved July 2, 2020. "Nothing by Chance (1975)". American Film Institute. Retrieved ... Maslin, Janet (October 3, 1980). "Burns is Back in 'Oh God! Book II'". The New York Times. Retrieved July 2, 2020. Ebert, Roger ...
Motthram, James (May 31, 2012). "Michael Fassbender: I needed to go back to reality after Prometheus". Metro. Retrieved July 30 ... Ridley Scott (Director) (May 12, 2017). Alien: Covenant (Motion picture). Los Angeles: 20th Century Fox. Krinsky, Tamara (May 8 ... Ridley Scott (Director) (June 25, 1982). Blade Runner (Motion picture). Los Angeles: Warner Bros. Barkman, Barkman & Kang 2013 ... Scott, Ridley (Director) (June 8, 2012). Prometheus (Motion picture). Los Angeles: 20th Century Fox. ...
Mother and Child Reunion (Degrassi: The Next Generation)
"I was happy to hand the torch off to the new cast back in 2001. The old characters were originally going to be there for the ... Kevin Smith (actor, writer, director); Scott Mosier (producer) (April 4, 1997). Chasing Amy (Motion Picture). Miramax Films. ... Producers were able to bring back a number of actors from Degrassi High to guest star as their characters for the reunion ... At the eleventh hour the broadcaster decided to bring it forward to October 2001 to coincide with the back-to-school season. ...
The Shepherd King
"J. Gordon Edwards back from Europe". Motion Picture News. 28 (18): 2111. November 3, 1923. "The Shepherd King". Internet ... Laurence Reid, writing for Motion Picture News, also considered the film too slow and complained that too much of the plotline ... "Odd Fellows as tieup for 'Shepherd King'". Motion Picture News. 29 (3): 252. January 19, 1924. Grosh 1860, pp. 126-128. Slide ... "The Shepherd King / Violet Mersereau [motion picture]". American Silent Feature Film Database. Library of Congress. January 5, ...
Neil Hamilton (actor)
Hamilton was a Roman Catholic, and a member of the Good Shepherd Parish and the Catholic Motion Picture Guild in Beverly Hills ... Joe Schuyler The Saint Strikes Back (1939) as Allan Breck Queen of the Mob (unbilled; 1940) as First FBI Chief Federal ... Cassell, Dewey (February 2010). "Growing Up Gordon: The Early Years of Batgirl". Back Issue!. TwoMorrows Publishing (38): 70. ... Motion Picture Classic. Chicago, IL: Brewster Publications. Retrieved September 3, 2015. ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Haworth Back at Work". Motion Picture Daily. January 13, 1937. p. 10. Retrieved ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Motion Picture Daily's Hollywood Preview: "China Passage"". Motion Picture Daily. ... Motion Picture Magazine gave the film 2 and a half stars (out of 4), and complimented the plot and locales, while stating that ... Motion Picture Daily was a bit kinder to the film, saying it was "unpretentious" and "moderately entertaining". They found ...
For Laemmle and other such entrepreneurs, the creation in 1908 of the Edison-backed Motion Picture Patents Company (or the " ... "Who We Are , Motion Picture Association". Motion Picture Association lists "Universal City Studios LLC" as its member. Motion ... Rex Motion Picture Manufacturing Company, Champion Film Company, Nestor Film Company, and the New York Motion Picture Company. ... By the late 1950s, the motion picture business was again changing. The combination of the studio/theater-chain break-up and the ...
Zach Hart) "Motion" (2017; dir. MJ Bernier) "Country Girl" (2017; dir. Jae Matthews) "Last Days" (2018; dir. Augustus Muller) " ... Their sophomore studio album, 2019's Careful, was backed by an extended reissue of Country Girl as Country Girl Uncut. In that ... "Boy Harsher share the video for "Motion" off of their 'Country Girl' EP-Plus Tourdates". post-punk.com. July 20, 2017. ... The project consisted of Matthews performing her spoken word pieces and Muller providing a musical backing. Throughout the year ...
Charlotte Bruus Christensen
Motion Picture Association. Retrieved 2021-03-12. Aldredge, Jourdan (2020-09-28). "Take Back the Power: Cinematography with ... A lot of Charlotte's work is inspired from the Dogme 95 movement, where the focus is back on the traditional aspects of ... Aldredge, Jourdan (2020-09-28). "Take Back the Power: Cinematography with Charlotte Christensen". The Beat: A Blog by ... Aldredge, Jourdan (2020-09-28). "Take Back the Power: Cinematography with Charlotte Christensen". The Beat: A Blog by ...
3, Conclusion". Worlds in Motion. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2008-09-24. Krotoski, Aleks (2008-08-27). "MySQL game brings back ... 2, In-Depth". Worlds in Motion. 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2008-09-24. "itembuildr is live!". Forumwarz. 2009-03-16. Retrieved 2009- ... 1, Overview". Worlds in Motion. 2008-07-14. Retrieved 2008-09-24. "Kyoubai is Live!". Forumwarz. 2009-03-16. Retrieved 2009-03- ...
Anna May Wong
Re-titled The Dragon Horse in 1927, the film was one of the first U.S. films to be produced with Chinese backing, provided by ... Reflecting on her decision, Wong told Motion Picture Magazine in 1931: "I was so young when I began that I knew I still had ... About that same time, U.S. motion picture production began to relocate from the East Coast to the Los Angeles area. Movies were ... Motion 1986, p. 161. Hodges 2004, p. 92. Piccadilly (film review) July 24, 1929. Chan 2003, pp. xiii, 213, 215, 219. Hsu 2004. ...
The Lone Wolf (1917 film)
Ron Backer (May 24, 2010). Mystery Movie Series of 1940s Hollywood. McFarland. pp. 50-. ISBN 978-0-7864-5700-7. Joesph L. ... Joseph L. Kelley, film critic for Motion Picture News, gave The Lone Wolf high marks, describing it as "a most remarkable ... Kelley (July 14, 1917). "The Lone Wolf". Motion Picture News. p. 282. "The Lone Wolf". The New York Clipper. July 11, 1917. "' ...
Degrassi: The Next Generation
CTV aired two episodes back-to-back in the first half of season nine, and the scheduling had improved ratings. The first two ... Kevin Smith (actor, writer, director); Scott Mosier (producer) (April 4, 1997). Chasing Amy (Motion Picture). Miramax Films. " ... "School's Back at Degrassi: TV's Most-Watched Canadian Drama Returns Sept. 19 on CTV". CTV. April 21, 2010. Archived from the ... Brioux, Bill (December 24, 1999). "Back To Degrassi St". Canadian Online Explorer. Archived from the original on July 12, 2012 ...
Rothacker Films: back cover. March 13, 1926. Retrieved October 24, 2017. "The Dancer of Paris". Motion Picture News. Motion ... An April 1925 article by Harry Carr for Motion Picture dubbed him 'Hollywood's New Sheik.' Like other Latino actors in silent- ... "Sales Angles on 'The Common Law'". Motion Picture Herald. Quigley Publishing: 32. July 25, 1931. Retrieved October 24, 2017. "' ... Carr, Harry (April 1925). "Hollywood's New Sheik". Motion Picture. Brewster Publications: 25. Retrieved October 24, 2017. "Paul ...
Motion Picture News, inc. 1916-08-19. "Sails for Poland to Make Paderewski Films". Motion Picture News. 1919-05-10. "Back from ... Joseph soon became a successful cameraman, working for the New York Motion Picture Company, World Film Company, Equitable, and ... "Empire State Exhibitors Hold Convention". Motion Picture News. 1914-06-20. "East Side Flat Sales. Willett Street". The New York ... "ANTI-NAZIS PROTEST RIEFENSTAHL'S VISIT TO CIRCULATE OLYMPIC FILM". Motion Picture Herald. 1938-11-12. Goldman, Eric A. Visions ...
Enemy of the State (film)
"Looking back at Tony Scott's Enemy Of The State". Den Of Geek. 30 May 2013. Greg Huxtable (May 2013). "ENEMY OF THE STATE - ... "Enemy of the State (1998)". Motion State Review. 28 November 2014. Willis, John (May 2000). Screen World Volume 50 (1999 ed.). ... Lyle urges Dean to go into hiding, but Dean is determined to clear his name and get his life back. Dean and Lyle trail U.S. ... Regrouping with Brill, Dean is taken back to Brill's hideout in an abandoned warehouse, where Brill reveals that he is a former ...
Bell, Book and Candle
25". Motion Picture Daily. 84 (112): 3. December 11, 1958. Retrieved September 14, 2015 - via Internet Archive. "Bell, Book and ... ISBN 978-0-7864-5766-3. Thomas, Tony (1978). "Back cover". Bell, Book and Candle LP (Media notes). George Duning. Citadel ... ISBN 978-0-7864-0736-1. For the Los Angeles premiere see "'Book' Opens Big". Motion Picture Daily. 84 (93): 3. November 13, ... to Push 7 Top Films". Motion Picture Daily. 83 (64): 1. April 2, 1958. Retrieved September 14, 2015 - via Internet Archive. " ...
Ghajini (2005 film)
The film flashes back to 2002 as the inspector reads the diary. Sanjay Ramaswamy is shown as the owner of the Air Voice mobile ... ISBN 978-0-7486-7747-4. A. R. Murugadoss (Director) (29 September 2005). Ghajini (Motion picture). 1:32.CS1 maint: location ( ... Back in her dormitory, Chitra reads the diaries. The 2003 diary reveals that Kalpana had accepted Sanjay's proposal and ends ... A young girl smiles at him, and he reacts by smiling back at her. Suriya as Sanjay Ramasamy, the CEO of Air Voice mobile ...
3 Motion *3.1 Back-building thunderstorm. *4 Hazards *4.1 Cloud-to-ground lightning ... Back-building thunderstorm. A back-building thunderstorm, commonly referred to as a training thunderstorm, is a thunderstorm in ... the motion of the stronger thunderstorm normally dictates the future motion of the merged cell. The stronger the mean wind, the ... Corfidi, S. F., 1998: Forecasting MCS mode and motion. Preprints 19th Conf. on Severe Local Storms, American Meteorological ...
Running Out of Luck
They try to get money by cheating at a casino back in Rio, and Mick got caught and thrown in jail. Rae helps him escape by ... The Motion Picture Guide. CineBooks, 1985.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link) VV.AA. Variety Film Reviews, Volume 19 ... and the three female imposters beat up and rob Mick and throw him in the back of a truck. Jerry Hall leaves Rio alone and meets ... Mick escapes the plantation by dressing up in drag and getting on the back of the truck when the prostitutes leave. ...
The French Line
Censors Hit by RKO". Motion Picture Daily: 19. August 26, 1954. "'Line' Opens Here May 14". Motion Picture Daily: 2. May 4, ... "Jane Russell Backs Censor in Film Row". Los Angeles Times: 2. December 28, 1953. "The French Line - History". AFI Catalog of ... "RKO, PCA Talk Revision of 'French Line'". Motion Picture Daily: 1. January 13, 1954. "RKO to Release 'Line' Sans Seal; L of D ... "RKO Liable to PCA Fine of $25,000 as 'Line' Premieres". Motion Picture Daily: 1. December 30, 1953. 'The Top Box-Office Hits of ...
Kennedy Stewart (Canadian politician)
MP Website "Motion 453". Parliament of Canada website "Bringing Evidence Back to Palriament". Policy Options, July/August 2015 ... His motion was endorsed by the City of Burnaby. He was re-elected in the new riding of Burnaby South in the 2015 election. ... He tabled legislation (Motion 453) to protect scientific integrity in government departments and end the muzzling of federal ... Media Release "Motion 428". Parliament of Canada website "Preston Manning and Ed Broadbent find common ground". Vancouver Sun, ...
El Rancho Vegas
"El Rancho Hotel Back to Owners; Court Order Ends Bankruptcy Case". Reno Evening Gazette. February 12, 1946. Retrieved January ... "Katelman Estate Motion Denied". Nevada State Journal. December 18, 1953. Retrieved January 23, 2021 - via Newspapers.com. " ... "Deputies Back On Job at Club". Reno Evening Gazette. August 11, 1953. Retrieved January 29, 2021 - via Newspapers.com. " ... Stutz, Howard (February 21, 2015). "Once down on its luck, Vegas' North Strip is coming back". Las Vegas Review-Journal. ...
The Country Girls
New York, NY: Back Bay Books, Little Brown and Company. p. 152. ISBN 978-0316122719. OCLC 857879411. Drisceoil, Donal Ó (2005 ... Oireachtas, Houses of the (1942-11-18). "Censorship of Publications-Motion. - Seanad Éireann (3rd Seanad) - Wednesday, 18 Nov ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Back to the Future: The Fall and Rise of the British Film Industry in the 1980s - An ...
Sidney M. Goldin
Talking Back: Images of Jewish Women in American Popular Culture. Hanover, New Hampshire: University Press of New England, 1998 ... International Motion Picture Almanac. Quigley Publishing Co. Inc, 1986. Macpherson, Kenneth. Close Up (Vol. 8). Kraus Reprint, ... In 1925 he moved back to New York. Brought to Hollywood in 1926, Goldin produced Yiskor with Maurice Schwartz before becoming a ... 86, 09/2010 "Sidney M. Goldin; Motion Picture Director Became Ill While on Location". New York Times. 21 Sep 1937 Sidney M. ...
Family Guy (season 4)
McGuire, Mark (May 1, 2005). "'Family Guy' is Back in First Home". The Times Union. p. S2. Retrieved February 20, 2017. Nigro, ... "2006 Golden Reel Award Nominees & Recipients: Television". Motion Picture Sound Editors. Archived from the original on February ... Goodale, Gloria (April 22, 2005). "Cult Fans Bring 'The Family Guy' Back to TV". The Christian Science Monitor. p. 12. ... won the Motion Picture Sound Editors Golden Reel Award for Best Sound Editing in Television Animated. Season 4 received ...
Denny Motion Shadows Are Back... - Music on Google Play
PUTTING RECOVERY FROM BACK PAIN IN MOTION - Hartford Courant
She has also known days, in eight years of dealing with bouts of lower-back pain, when she just couldn't move. ... Dance teacher Beverly Carella of Hartford has known moments in class when a twinge in her lower back shoots down her leg. ... Occupation can present other risks: Heavy lifting, especially if it also involves a twisting motion, can be dangerous for backs ... laborers have back problems -- but so do nurses and dental hygienists.. Back injuries know no collar color, says David Roy, a ...
Council Motion Would Back Lansdowne Live Bid | Ottawa Citizen
Share this Story: Council Motion Would Back Lansdowne Live Bid. *. Copy Link ... Share this Story: Council Motion Would Back Lansdowne Live Bid. *. Copy Link ... Share this Story: Council Motion Would Back Lansdowne Live Bid. *. Copy Link ... Share this Story: Council Motion Would Back Lansdowne Live Bid. *. Copy Link ...
Back to the Future Part III: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Wikipedia
Back to the Future Part III: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack to the film Back to the Future Part III, the ... Allmusic review Back to the Future Part III End Credits Movie-List: Music Video Archived 2011-07-14 at the Wayback Machine  ... Varèse Sarabande reissued a 2-disc soundtrack for Back to the Future Part III in commemoration for the films 25th anniversary ... third and final installment in the Back to the Future trilogy. It was released under Varèse Sarabande on May 29, 1990. It ...
BaptistHealthy In Motion: Exercises for Back Pain Prevention
Try to keep your back flat. *Activate your back muscles by creating a engaged hand, finger spread wide, while raising your arm ... Good posture is key to preventing chronic back pain and injuries. The "Big Three" exercises are meant to increase endurance of ... Hold for a few seconds then lower your pelvis back to the floor slowly and with control to complete one rep. ... Tags: back pain, Baptist Center for Spine Care, Baptist Health Neuroscience Center ...
Massage Eases Lower Back Pain, Increases Range of Motion - MASSAGE Magazine
The study, "Lower Back Pain is Reduced and Range of Motion Increased After Massage Therapy," was completed in January 2000 by ... Massage Eases Lower Back Pain, Increases Range of Motion. *January 7, 2009 ... Twenty-four adults who had experienced low-back pain for at least six months were randomly assigned to either a massage therapy ... Adults with chronic low-back pain found relief from massage therapy, according to a research study. Massage eased pain, reduced ...
Back in Motion - Movement Science from Person to Society | University of Gothenburg
Back in Motion Research Group strives to improve the health of people with pain. The research group is based on a person- ... Back in Motion Research Group strives to improve the health of people with pain. The research group is based on a person- ... Back in Motion - Movement Science from Person to Society Back in Motion - Movement Science from Person to Society Research ...
Motions from the back passage - Ostomies - HealingWell.com Forum
Hi guys, i was just wondering if any of you out there who have an ilieostomy, have ever had any motions from the back passage ... HealingWell.com Forum , Diseases & Conditions , Ostomies , Motions from the back passage Select A Location. ****** Top of the ... hi I had this aswell yesterday on my home from hospital and was terrified I would have to go back in till I found out it was ... Ilieostomy, but I dont want to get reversal.. Ive never felt so well and couldnt face ever going back to the way I was.. ...
New Rehab In Motion DVD Series Provides a Solution for People Suffering from Back Pain, but Have Limited Financial Resources...
Rehab In MotionSuperman and Airplane exercise. Wall Slide for Lower ExtremityRehab In Motion™. Hamstring StretchRehab In Motion ... New Rehab In Motion DVD Series Provides a Solution for People Suffering from Back Pain, but Have Limited Financial Resources ... About Rehab In Motion Rehab In Motion was developed to deliver comprehensive, professionally produced and inexpensive ... Frustrated, he developed a solution called Rehab In Motion. Rehab In Motion offers 3 DVDs that provide detailed instruction on ...
Back in Motion: PT Prof. Advises on Easing Back Pain | UMass Lowell
Get up! Your aching back will thank you. About 80 percent of adults experience lower back pain at some point in their lifetimes ... A: Sitting in one place weakens our back. Some of our back and trunk muscles and ligaments become overly stretched, and some ... the cause of back pain is typically a culmination of little things. What can be done to avoid those little things and keep back ... Edgar Torres, who specializes in orthopedics and sports medicine, gives tips on how to prevent back pain. Tweet Share Email ...
Frontiers | Passive Back Support Exoskeleton Improves Range of Motion Using Flexible Beams | Robotics and AI
However, how to design an exoskeleton that achieves a similar range of motion as a human lumbar spine of up to 60° in the ... However, how to design an exoskeleton that achieves a similar range of motion as a human lumbar spine of up to 60° in the ... An increase of more than 25% range of motion of the trunk in the sagittal plane was observed by using the flexible beams. The ... Mechanical loading of the lower back has been shown to be an important risk factor. Peak mechanical load can be reduced by ...
3.2M deal puts Broadway Grill property back in motion | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle
31 thoughts on "$3.2M deal puts Broadway Grill property back in motion" * Prost Seattle on Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 7:52 am. ... 3.2M deal puts Broadway Grill property back in motion. Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 7:03 am. by jseattle ... He also has backed development of some of his properties over the years with some plans playing out over years. ... I tried it once, thought the food was mediocre, and never went back. There are other, better teriyaki places on Capitol Hill. ...
Motion Evaluation Tool for Back Surgery Patients | thirdAGE | healthy living for women + their families
Patients who have had extensive back surgery typically need repeated X-rays to monitor their progress but a new technology that ... Motion Evaluation Tool for Back Surgery Patients. By Patients who have had extensive back surgery typically need repeated X- ... When a Canadian eye doctor happened upon the furrow-erasing effect of Botox, she never looked back: "I havent frowned since … ... We developed an evaluation device that uses battery powered sensors to evaluate spinal motion in three-dimensions. It not only ...
Car Camera Front And Back With Motion Detection, Car Camera Front And Back With Motion Detection Suppliers and Manufacturers at...
A wide variety of car camera front and back with motion detection options are available to you, such as free samples. ... Alibaba.com offers 913 car camera front and back with motion detection products. About 100% of these are car black box. ... of car camera front and back with motion detection respectively. Car camera front and back with motion detection products are ... Tags: Oem Car Camera Front And Back , Car Camera Front And Back With Motion Detection , View larger image ...
Medical Devices - Range of Motion - Back Orthosis Device - MAR-J Medical Supply, Inc.
Low Back Pain and SI Joint Pain in Pregnancy - Body Motion Physical Therapy
... and feel a nice stretch through your upper back and through the back of your legs. And I call that one the flat back stretch. ... So I like this to help elongate the hamstrings as they attach to the pelvis and they can be a reason why a lot of low back pain ... I wanted to make a quick little video to help a friend out who is having some pretty bad back pain. Shes about 21 or 22 weeks ... And so, this is for those pregnant mamas out there who have that intense low back pain and just feel like maybe you cant make ...
Low back pain and range of motion: Outcome measurement following Gonstead-Type low back adjustments - Gonstead Clinical Studies...
Low back pain and range of motion: Outcome measurement following Gonstead-Type low back adjustments. *Waagen GN, Haldeman S, ... Short term trial of chiropractic adjustments for the relief of chronic low back pain. Manual Medicine 1986; 2:63-67. (Authors ... Prospective controlled clinical trial of chiropractic manipulation in patients with chronic recurrent low back pain. (Submitted ...
The Rossiter Method, May 04 | Simple Stretches Melt Pain from Lower Back & Repetitive Motion Injuries
Why are the back techniques done on the thighs, dont the stomach muscles support the back? ... The Rossiter Method, May 04 , Simple Stretches Melt Pain from Lower Back & Repetitive Motion Injuries. January 3, 2008. by ... How do Rossiter techniques help back pain?. Many of the "symptoms" of back pain are actually a result of imbalance. Things like ... Many forward-thinking doctors now believe back pain has very little to do with the actual bones and joints of the back, but is ...
Alternative Medicine : Back in Motion - Grant K Smith DC 715 Belrose Avenue Daphne AL 36526 251-621-2224
Motion Evaluation Tool Saves Patients with Back-pain from X-ray Radiation Exposure
Those who have recevied extensive back surgery and require repeated X-rays to observe their progress may soon have access to a ... Motion Evaluation Tool Saves Patients with Back-pain from X-ray Radiation Exposure Friday, 17 January 2014 18:37 ... Motion Evaluation Tool Saves Patients with Back-pain from X-ray Radiation Exposure ... Those who have recevied extensive back surgery and require repeated X-rays to observe their progress may soon have access to a ...
US5807264A - Endoscope apparatus and method for detecting cilia motion using multimode detection fibers to collect back...
... for receiving light transmitted therethrough back-scattered from the interior of the body. A differential measuring element for ... An endoscope apparatus for detecting cilia motion while examining the interior of a body. The endoscope apparatus including a ... Method of and apparatus for measuring oscillatory motion US6944494B2 (en) * 2001-12-26. 2005-09-13. Kevin R. Forrester. Motion ... Endoscope apparatus and method for detecting cilia motion using multimode detection fibers to collect back-scattered light ...
Sciatica & Back Pain Relief Libertyville, IL - Power In Motion Rehabilitation Inc.
offer effective pain relief treatments and physical therapy to cure the back pain & sciatica of patients living in Libertyville ... Physical therapists at Power In Motion Rehabilitation Inc. ... Power in Motion puts your body back in alignment so that you ... How can I get relief from back pain?. You can treat your back pain with physical therapy. Physical therapy can address back ... Power In Motions goal is to optimize structural alignment, to reduce/eliminate back pain and sciatica and recurrence of it in ...
Tired of Lower Back Pain? What to Do - Power In Motion Physical Therapy Blog
IL gives tips and advice on how to manage lower back pain through physical therapy. ... Prior back problems have completely been eliminated.. Power in Motion puts your body back in alignment so that you are pain- ... The World Health Organization estimates that in the United States, 149 million days of work are lost due to low back pain. Back ... Power in Motion is the lubricant for my joints.. Cindy Power has been helping me for 20 yrs. I have severe osteoarthritis. I ...
Shockwave Therapy - Back In Motion
Back In Motion Guarantee In the Community Partners and Affiliates Get Yourself Back In Motion SOS Health Foundation Positions ... Back In Motion Guarantee In the Community Partners and Affiliates Get Yourself Back In Motion SOS Health Foundation ... Who We Are What We Do Meet Our Franchisees Find Out More Is Back In Motion right for you? ... The cost of shockwave therapy is the cost of one of our standard consultations at Back In Motion plus a surcharge ($60). As ...
Comparison of Ranges of Motion in The Thoracolumbar Region for Clinical Diagnoses of Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain ...
Methods : The subjects were 58 chronic low back pain patients. A motion analysis program (Global Postural System) was used ... To analyze differences in mobility percentages and ratios of thoracolumbar ranges of motion, one-way ANOVA was used. Results : ... Comparison of thoracolumbar ranges of motion revealed significant differences in the thoracic region during forward-bending of ... Theses results indicate the clinical efficacy of diagnosing for chronic low back pain by evaluating spinal mobility. ...
Find Physiotherapy & Sports Physiotherapists - Back In Motion
Free Initial Assessment Back In Motion Guarantee In the Community Partners and Affiliates Get Yourself Back In Motion SOS ... Free Initial Assessment Back In Motion Guarantee In the Community Partners and Affiliates Get Yourself Back In Motion SOS ... Program Career Pathways Why Work at Back In Motion Who We Are What We Do Meet Our Franchisees Find Out More Is Back In Motion ... The Back In Motion difference. Who we are. We provide leading physiotherapy, clinical Pilates, massage, and exercise and rehab ...
Prosody in Motion | The Nation
What Happens When Women Fight Back Joan WalshTwitter. Yesterday 3:28 pm. Women Arent Just Marching Against Trump-Theyre ... Prosody in Motion. Prosody in Motion. As you are no doubt aware, First Lady Laura Bush is a former teacher and has a masters ... Fight Back!. Sign up for Take Action Now and well send you three meaningful actions you can each week. ... Ready to Fight Back? Sign up for Take Action Now and well send you three meaningful actions every Tuesday. ...
Meth Trafficker Walter White Wants Stuff Back | The Smoking Gun
Walter White Motion. * Walter White Motion. http://thesmokinggun.com/file/walter-white-motion ... Meth Trafficker Walter White Wants Stuff Back. Inmate seeks return of his gun, truck, laptops. ... In response to Whites court motion, prosecutors this month said they had no problem returning cell phones, miscellaneous ...
Thunderstorm - Wikipedia
3 Motion *3.1 Back-building thunderstorm. *4 Hazards *4.1 Cloud-to-ground lightning ... Back-building thunderstorm. A back-building thunderstorm, commonly referred to as a training thunderstorm, is a ... the motion of the stronger thunderstorm normally dictates the future motion of the merged cell. The stronger the mean wind, the ... Corfidi, S. F., 1998: Forecasting MCS mode and motion. Preprints 19th Conf. on Severe Local Storms, American Meteorological ...
Back Pain | Motion Physical Therapy
Back pain can originate from a number of different causes - sports injuries, post surgical pain, heavy lifting, even poor ... Pain can be a sharp, stabbing pain that shoots down your leg, or a dull ache in your lower back. At Motion Physical Therapy, we ... Back Pain Care Did you know that 85% of Americans will experience some sort of significant back pain in their lifetime? If you ... At Motion Physical Therapy in The Woodlands, it is our goal to restore you to your highest level of performance at your daily ...
SpinePhysiotherapySpinalHipsMusclesChronic backSciaticaOriginal Motion Picture So2019PostureExercisesLigamentsDiscomfortRangePain lasts longerAcuteSearchSoundtrackLower-backInjuriesRehabMobilityBody Motion Physical TherapyActivatePhysicalShoulderNIOSHSymptomsIndividuals with chronic lowUpper backSmoothPelvisStretchCauses of low backFacetSuffer20thAcheMechanicalPreventionSprainPower in MotionPatientsExerciseKneesSupportResultsTrunkRelieveDiagnosisAssess and treatMaskSuddenAdultsInsufficientTimePeopleChestNeck Pain
- Starting in the prone position, the following techniques were used: kneading and pressing the back muscles, stroking both sides of the spine and hips, gliding strokes to the legs, and kneading and pressing the thighs. (massagemag.com)
- A: Imagine the components of your back - spine, muscle, discs and nerves - that need to work together to operate correctly. (uml.edu)
- However, how to design an exoskeleton that achieves a similar range of motion as a human lumbar spine of up to 60° in the sagittal plane, has not been extensively investigated. (frontiersin.org)
- We addressed this need by developing and testing a novel passive back support exoskeleton, including a mechanism comprised of flexible beams, which run in parallel to the spine, providing a large range of motion and lowering the peak torque requirements around the lumbo-sacral (L5/S1) joint. (frontiersin.org)
- Some other factors that may contribute to your back pain include degenerative disc disease, lumbar spinal stenosis, fractures, herniated disc, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and tumors of the spine. (power-in-motion.com)
- Mid back pain refers to pain in the "thoracic" spine. (motionmatterspt.com)
- Because there were few studies on the association between workplace use of back belts and injuries, NIOSH also reviewed studies of the relationship between back belt use and forces exerted on the spine during manual lifting. (cdc.gov)
- Reduce internal forces on the spine during forceful exertions of the back? (cdc.gov)
- It originates along the spine from T1 to T5 , and reaches across the back to insert on the top plane of the spine of the scapula . (proko.com)
- Back pain most commonly affects the lower back although it can be felt anywhere along the spine. (news-medical.net)
- The facet joints of the lumbar (lower back) spine bear a large amount of stress and weight, making them vulnerable to degeneration and injury. (spine-health.com)
- All along the back of the spine, at each level, a pair of small facet joints connect the vertebrae-the bony building blocks of the spine, holding the spine together, and providing support. (spine-health.com)
- The facets of the lumbar spine support most of the spine's weight and aid in upper and lower back movements. (spine-health.com)
- Shockwave therapy was originally used in urology back in the 1980s for the treatment of kidney stones, and has now found other uses in orthopaedics, physiotherapy and sports medicine over the past 21 years. (backinmotion.com.au)
- Multi-disciplinary treatment (physiotherapy, exercise therapy and medications) and behavioural treatment (cognitive behavioural therapy) were found to be successful interventions in treating chronic low back pain. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- At Pivotal Motion Physiotherapy located in Newmarket Brisbane, we construct individual, evidence based treatment plans based on a patient's progress. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- A new tool to help physiotherapy students master complex fine motor skills needed to assess and treat patients suffering physical conditions, such as back pain and spinal cord injuries, is being used at the University of Melbourne. (news-medical.net)
- Back specialists agree that spinal problems are popping up in direct proportion to the harvest of sofa spuds in the United States. (courant.com)
- We developed an evaluation device that uses battery powered sensors to evaluate spinal motion in three-dimensions. (thirdage.com)
- Sitting and standing up straight allows for proper spinal alignment, which can prevent back pain. (power-in-motion.com)
- Those who have recevied extensive back surgery and require repeated X-rays to observe their progress may soon have access to a new technology that does away with the X-rays and repeated radiation exposure , opting instead for an innovative, noninvasive, non-X-ray device that assess spinal movement. (healthimaginghub.com)
- Results : Regional difference spinal posture and movement were found to diagnosis patients with chronic low back pain. (koreascience.or.kr)
- 05). Conclusion : Theses results indicate the clinical efficacy of diagnosing for chronic low back pain by evaluating spinal mobility. (koreascience.or.kr)
- When your spinal joints and muscles don't move properly, tremendous strain occurs in your low back. (motionmatterspt.com)
- If pain is felt more with prolonged standing or walking, this can be a result of significant hip or spinal weakness, again causing strain to the low back. (motionmatterspt.com)
- With weakness in the spinal, abdominal or hip muscles, the amount of force transferred to the back with everyday activities increases. (motionmatterspt.com)
- This allows you to have fast pain relief, improving your spinal range of motion and body strength. (motionmatterspt.com)
- Spinal stenosisis is a narrowing of the lumbar (back) or cervical (neck) spinal foramen, which causes compression of the nerve roots. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- One advanced therapy technique, called Spinal Manipulation , is highly successful at treating acute back pain. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Because of this, the AHCPR has grouped back pain into three categories: potentially serious spinal conditions, sciatica and nonspecific back symptoms. (aafp.org)
- Spinal tumor, infection, fracture and the cauda equina syndrome are potentially serious causes of acute low back pain. (aafp.org)
- Back view of gorgeous brunette lady with spinal pain in bedroom indoors. (storyblocks.com)
- Spinal curvature often results in more back pain, leg pain and other symptoms for adults than teens because adults also can have degeneration in the discs between vertebrae, and spinal stenosis -- a narrowing of the opening for the spinal nerves. (news-medical.net)
- At the back of each spinal segment, a pair of small facet joints connect the spine's vertebral bones. (spine-health.com)
- These joints are richly innervated with many spinal nerves, which makes them susceptible to developing pain 1 that is often felt in the lower back and/or leg ( sciatica ). (spine-health.com)
- The pain may be localized to the lower back or involve one or both legs if a spinal nerve(s) gets impinged near the facet, resulting in sciatica. (spine-health.com)
- Lift your hips up while pulling, shoulders down and back, away from your ears. (baptisthealth.net)
- You're gonna grab a chair, cross your leg, sit up tall, and lean forward by hinging at the hips, keeping the back totally straight. (bodymotionpt.com)
- You're gonna walk your tailbone back and then shift your hips, so one hip is facing the other wall. (bodymotionpt.com)
- She aligns my neck, back & hips. (power-in-motion.com)
- Often, the root cause of the problem is limited motion in the hips or pelvis and even mid-back which causes abnormal forces in the low back. (motionmatterspt.com)
- The aging process can affecting vision, balance and hearing through changes in the brain tissues, arthritis affecting the joints (hips, knees, back, neck), changes in the nerves affecting sensation in the feet. (backinmotion.co.nz)
- People can reduce their chance of developing back pain by engaging in regular exercise, particularly swimming or walking, taking care to bend from the knees and hips rather than the back and maintaining a good posture. (news-medical.net)
- Apply decent tension to the rope and shift the hips back slightly to counterbalance the pull of the rope. (acefitness.org)
- Remember, with all explosive movements, the hips and glutes-not the knees, ankles or back-should absorb the majority of impact. (acefitness.org)
- The other difficulty in pinpointing pain sources is that most nonspecific backaches are soft-tissue injuries: They're caused by strained or sprained back ligaments and/or muscles. (courant.com)
- But flexibility and strength -- especially in the abdominal muscles, which are designed to take a load off the back -- also are important. (courant.com)
- Antoine Helewa, chairman of the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, is heading up a study examining the relationship between weak abdominal muscles and the incidence of low-back pain. (courant.com)
- Seventy percent of those with weak muscles reported bouts of low-back pain in the past five years. (courant.com)
- Activate your back muscles by creating a engaged hand, finger spread wide, while raising your arm. (baptisthealth.net)
- Those in the relaxation group were instructed in progressive muscle relaxation techniques to tense and relax muscles in the feet, calves, thighs, hands, arms, back and face. (massagemag.com)
- Some of our back and trunk muscles and ligaments become overly stretched, and some are overly shortened. (uml.edu)
- And if this isn't helping or it doesn't go away, you should definitely seek a therapist, a manual physical therapist, in order for them to help work these muscles out for you, because there's definitely no need to suffer from low back pain during a pregnancy. (bodymotionpt.com)
- Why are the back techniques done on the thighs, don't the stomach muscles support the back? (iowasource.com)
- Of all the muscles that control your back, the thigh is the most powerful. (iowasource.com)
- Physical therapy can address back pain by helping to improve your range of motion, strengthening the muscles in the affected areas, and using targeted massage to reduce tension. (power-in-motion.com)
- It is common that the muscles used to support the lower back may become weakened from inactivity. (power-in-motion.com)
- We'll prescribe targeted, easy-to-do exercises that we will walk you through, in order to help your back muscles regain their strength. (power-in-motion.com)
- Studies have shown that people who do not properly retrain their core muscles after a sprain / strain injury are more likely to re-injure their back again. (motionmatterspt.com)
- With this posture, your back muscles stretch out, causing weakness. (motionmatterspt.com)
- Affecting up to 90% of Americans at some point in their lifetime, lower back pain is a symptom that may result from overusing or straining your lower back muscles. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Strain or tears to the muscles or ligaments supporting the back. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- In this lesson we'll learn about two very important muscles of the lower back - the erector spinae and latissimus dorsi. (proko.com)
- It's time to learn about the last two back muscles, the trapezius and rhomboideus. (proko.com)
- This is because the blood flow is back to normal in those areas and until they get used to it again, your muscles might get a bit inflamed. (articlecity.com)
- Held Back By Diastasis Recti Or Separated Abdominal Muscles? (bodymotionpt.com)
- The high costs of disability are attributed to a minority of cases in which workers are afflicted by long-term, chronic back pain and often face surgery and pain-management therapy. (courant.com)
- Good posture is key to preventing chronic back pain and injuries. (baptisthealth.net)
- Chronic Back Pain Doesn't Have to be Your Story. (power-in-motion.com)
- Chronic back pain leads many people to consider surgery or addictive painkillers to deal with the problem. (power-in-motion.com)
- At some point in time, 8 out of 10 individuals in the United States will suffer from sudden or chronic back or sciatic pain. (power-in-motion.com)
- Pool therapy has been proven to be highly effective at treating and managing chronic back pain and increasing a patient's range of motion and mobility. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- Chronic back pain, which has a long duration or frequent recurrence, can have a wide variety of causes. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- According to a report in the January 2009 issue of The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine , "Prescribing yet more imaging, opiods, injections and operations is not likely to improve outcomes for patients with chronic back pain. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Subacute back pain has a six- to 12-week duration and chronic back pain lasts longer than 12 weeks. (aafp.org)
- The only exceptions are low back surgery or surgery to treat sciatica pain, herniated disc, etc. (iowasource.com)
- The musculoskeletal system is our gateway into the treatment of low back pain and sciatica. (power-in-motion.com)
- Power In Motion 's goal is to optimize structural alignment, to reduce/eliminate back pain and sciatica and recurrence of it in the future. (power-in-motion.com)
Original Motion Picture So1
- Back to the Future Part III: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack to the film Back to the Future Part III, the third and final installment in the Back to the Future trilogy. (wikipedia.org)
- Rick Sternbach, an illustrator/designer on Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Nemesis (and a DST 2019 guest! (startrek.com)
- Lack of fitness, back-hazardous jobs, poor posture and psychological stress are prominent reasons for all of these aching backs. (courant.com)
- Many people experience back pain due to poor posture. (power-in-motion.com)
- For example, poor posture, car accidents, and sports-related injuries are just a few of the ways that someone may develop back pain. (power-in-motion.com)
- Poor posture, car accidents, and sports-related injuries are also common ways that someone may develop back pain. (power-in-motion.com)
- A motion analysis program (Global Postural System) was used after photography for posture measurement. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Back pain can originate from a number of different causes - sports injuries, post surgical pain, heavy lifting, even poor posture. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- The unique design construction allows flexing and spring-back motion enabling multi-dimensional movement to suit body posture. (scriptonline.com)
- Rehab In Motion offers 3 DVDs that provide detailed instruction on over 75 stretches and exercises for people suffering from pain. (prweb.com)
- Q: What kind of movement or exercises do you recommend to help or prevent back pain? (uml.edu)
- What are the best exercises for back pain? (power-in-motion.com)
- Utilizing a scientifically proven collagen blend, Motion gives your body what it needs to fight inflammation and nurture healthy ligaments. (oxyfresh.com)
- Some of the challenges, which have to be overcome are a reduced range of motion, misalignment between the human anatomy and kinematics of the exoskeleton as well as discomfort. (frontiersin.org)
- Estimates for the annual costs of lost time and for medical expenses related to lower-back injuries range to $30 billion and more. (courant.com)
- Massage eased pain, reduced depression and anxiety, and improved sleep and range of motion. (massagemag.com)
- The study, "Lower Back Pain is Reduced and Range of Motion Increased After Massage Therapy," was completed in January 2000 by the Touch Research Institute in conjunction with the University of Miami School of Medicine and Iris Burman of Educating Hands, and was first published in the International Journal of Neuroscience . (massagemag.com)
- Results showed that both groups experienced a decrease in stress and long-term pain, but only the massage group experienced less pain directly after the session, fewer depressive symptoms, better sleep, improved range of motion and an increase in serotonin and the catecholamine dopamine biochemical levels. (massagemag.com)
- An increase of more than 25% range of motion of the trunk in the sagittal plane was observed by using the flexible beams. (frontiersin.org)
- Restrict bending motions (range of motion)? (cdc.gov)
- Whether recovering from surgery, seeking to regain range of motion, or mastering aspects of an athletic sport, In Motion O.C.'s friendly staff will motivate and engage you all the way, ensuring your goals are met and a strong, healthy body is yours once more. (youtube.com)
- Lumbar range of motion in individuals with chronic low back pain may be predicted by task-specific, but not general, measures of pain-related fear, according to a study published in the European Journal of Pain . (rheumatologyadvisor.com)
- Investigators examined the lumbar range of motion of 55 patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain and 54 healthy participants (age 18 to 65). (rheumatologyadvisor.com)
- On average, patients with chronic low back pain used less range of motion than healthy participants ( P ≤.1 for all), except for a subgroup of patients with chronic low back pain who had low scores on one of the task-specific measures of pain-related fear ( P =.22). (rheumatologyadvisor.com)
- Matheve T, De Baets L, Bogaerts K, Timmermans A. Lumbar range of motion in chronic low back pain is predicted by task-specific, but not by general measures of pain-related fear . (rheumatologyadvisor.com)
- This reduces your flexibility or your range of motion. (articlecity.com)
- If you work an active job, decreased range of motion will hurt your productivity. (articlecity.com)
- Regular adjustments help improve your range of motion and keep you flexible for longer. (articlecity.com)
- Allow a considerable range of motion. (spine-health.com)
Pain lasts longer1
- If back pain lasts longer than this, in which case it is termed chronic pain, an individual should visit their doctor. (news-medical.net)
- Acute low back pain can be a very debilitating condition. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- 2007) concluded that "medications with good evidence of short-term effectiveness for low back pain are NSAIDs, skeletal muscle relaxants (for acute low back pain), and tricyclics anti-depressants for chronic low back pain. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- Chou, R., Hoffman, L.H. (2007) Medications for acute and chronic low back pain: A review of the evidence for an American pain society/ American College of physicians clinical practice guideline. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- Acute back pain, which is a sudden onset of pain, is generally caused by an injury or accident. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Acute low back pain is commonly treated by family physicians. (aafp.org)
- Eighty percent of adults seek care at some time for acute low back pain, and one third of all disability costs in the United States are due to low back disorders. (aafp.org)
- Acute back pain is arbitrarily defined as pain that has been present for six weeks or less. (aafp.org)
- At least 60 percent of patients with acute low back pain return to work within one month, and 90 percent return within three months. (aafp.org)
- Pain originating from a facet in the lower back may initially be acute (short term) and become chronic over time. (spine-health.com)
- Yet low-back pain has been called an illness in search of a disease. (courant.com)
- In response to White's court motion, prosecutors this month said they had no problem returning cell phones, miscellaneous documents, and a DVR player taken during the federal search of White's Montana business. (thesmokinggun.com)
- Songs in the film not included on the soundtrack album: "Doubleback" (Album Version) - Performed by ZZ Top "The Power of Love" - Performed by Huey Lewis and the News On October 12, 2015, Varèse Sarabande reissued a 2-disc soundtrack for Back to the Future Part III in commemoration for the film's 25th anniversary. (wikipedia.org)
- She has also known days, in eight years of dealing with bouts of lower-back pain, when she just couldn't move. (courant.com)
- Americans are living with -- and paying for -- lower-back pain in a big way. (courant.com)
- It has been estimated that up to 80 percent of all Americans will have a serious episode of lower-back pain at some time in their lives. (courant.com)
- The findings from the present study are compelling and if the effects can be replicated and persist, these data suggest that massage therapy effectively reduces pain, positively impacts on the biochemical system, and attenuates psychological symptoms associated with lower back pain," the study authors wrote. (massagemag.com)
- About 80 percent of adults experience lower back pain at some point in their lifetimes, according to the National Institutes of Health. (uml.edu)
- In the EU, lower back pain affects more than 40% of the working population. (frontiersin.org)
- This means, that for a relatively small country like Belgium with a population of approximately 11 million inhabitants, the total costs caused by lower back pain are as high as 1.2 billion €, which corresponds roughly to 2‰ of the gross domestic product of Belgium. (frontiersin.org)
- Lower back pain can be debilitating. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Research indicates that 15% to 45% of lower back pain originates from the lumbar facets. (spine-health.com)
- Nearly 90 percent of low-back injuries disappear within six weeks -- whether or not there is medical help. (courant.com)
- Impressed with the amount of pain relief it offered, he trained at the Rolf Institute in the 1980s and began working with a variety of clients, including factory workers suffering from low back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other injuries related to overuse. (iowasource.com)
- Back pain accompanied by sciatic pain, may be compounded or caused by flat feet, dysfunction of the knee or hip, sacroiliac joint dysfunction or tailbone injuries. (power-in-motion.com)
- Back injuries account for nearly 20% of all injuries and illnesses in the workplace and cost the nation an estimated 20 to 50 billion dollars per year. (cdc.gov)
- The Institute, therefore, does not recommend the use of back belts to prevent injuries among workers who have never been injured. (cdc.gov)
- Frustrated, he developed a solution called Rehab In Motion . (prweb.com)
- Rehab In Motion DVDs are used in the privacy, comfort and convenience of one's home and saves time and money associated with ongoing physical therapy treatments. (prweb.com)
- Recently, Dr. Bernard Nau, Orthopedic Surgeon, Porte Prince, Haiti, became the first International physician to offer Rehab in Motion for his patients. (prweb.com)
- According to Dr. Nau, 'The Rehab In Motion series will be extremely beneficial to all of my patients who have difficulty obtaining physical therapy. (prweb.com)
- Rehab In Motion DVDs are available online at http://www.rehabinmotiononline.com . (prweb.com)
- Rehab In Motion will change the way in which physical therapy is available to anyone who suffers from pain. (prweb.com)
- Rehab In Motion was developed to deliver comprehensive, professionally produced and inexpensive instructional DVD's for consumers needing continued or desired rehabilitation. (prweb.com)
- With Physical Therapy coverage being decreased by insurance companies, the DVD's available from Rehab In Motion help those with limited insurance policies receive the help they need in the comfort of their own home. (prweb.com)
- Power In Motion Rehab Services, Inc" you will not regret your decision. (power-in-motion.com)
Body Motion Physical Therapy1
- I am Dr. Allison Feldt, PT, DPT a Pelvic Expert Physical Therapist and owner of Body Motion Physical Therapy, I believe all women deserve care through pregnancy and postpartum. (bodymotionpt.com)
- We've come to associate spatial characteristics with emotional values in our minds, and physical motions activate the same pathways: Jumping sends spirits soaring. (wired.com)
- You can treat your back pain with physical therapy. (power-in-motion.com)
- In many situations, working with a physical therapist to improve can significantly reduce the severity of your back pain, and may even help you avoid more invasive procedures, such as surgery. (power-in-motion.com)
- If you have been struggling with back pain, the physical therapists at Motion Physical Therapy in The Woodlands, TX can help you begin the process of recovery and work with you to bring you back to your highest level of daily performance. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- At Motion Physical Therapy , we know pain like this can cause you to miss work, sports and daily activities, and we are ready to help you become pain free. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- Motion Physical Therapy in The Woodlands is staffed by highly trained, experienced physical therapists who have been treating patients with back pain for more than two decades. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- At Motion Physical Therapy in The Woodlands, it is our goal to restore you to your highest level of performance at your daily activities, your job, or your sport through our treatment. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- The Woodlands Motion Physical Therapy office is located at the intersection of Sawdust and Grogan's Mill Rd. Call 281-881-7099 to schedule an appointment with our physical therapists and begin your recovery from back pain as soon as possible. (motionphysicaltherapy.com)
- Physical therapy is very important in your recovery from a back sprain / strain. (motionmatterspt.com)
- Physical therapy is one of the best choices to treat low back pain. (motionmatterspt.com)
- A systematic review on the effectiveness of physical and rehabilitation interventions for chronic non-specific low back pain. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- Tim Flynn, PT, PhD and president of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists states, "The manual physical therapist is the health care provider uniquely trained to manage individuals with chronic low back pain. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- Using advanced therapies and a research based approach, Back In Motion Physical Therapy provides faster recoveries with an alternative to medications and operations. (feelbetterfaster.net)
- This week, APTA launched a public awareness campaign to educate consumers about how to prevent and treat low back pain with the help of a physical therapist. (apta.org)
- The goal of the campaign is to drive people to www.moveforwardpt.com to learn more about low back pain, the ways in which a physical therapist can help, and to find a PT. (apta.org)
- In Motion O.C. hosts multiple rehabilitation disciplines and professional therapists in aquatic therapy, physical therapy, and fitness. (youtube.com)
- Back In Motion Physical Therapy is located at 1705 Pyle Dr, Kingsford, MI. (mlive.com)
- Back In Motion physical therapy Clinic was created in 2007 by Dr. Chris Moore, a native of Kingsford Michigan. (mlive.com)
- Back In Motion is an outpatient physical therapy clinic specializing in orthopedic manual physical therapy. (mlive.com)
- Despite published guidelines that call for physical therapy or medications such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen for first-line management of most back pain, other treatments such as imaging, narcotics, and referrals to other physicians have increased, according to a study published online yesterday in JAMA Internal Medicine . (apta.org)
- Welcome to Back In Motion Sarasota Physical Therapy! (backinmotionfl.com)
- Physical movement and memory are so closely intertwined that even a seemingly meaningless motion, like moving marbles from one box to another, alters the speed and tenor of recall. (wired.com)
- Pain associated with the back and neck, hip and knee, shoulder, elbow and hand are addressed. (prweb.com)
- Remember learning about the shoulder girdle way back in the bone lessons ? (proko.com)
- 1) What To WearYou'll need to expose the body part that is effected (knee, shoulder, back, etc. (backinmotionfl.com)
- I've seen too many moms in their late 40's and 50's dealing with hip, knee, back, ankle, neck and shoulder issues, lots of them were peeing their pants too. (bodymotionpt.com)
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) believes that the most effective way to prevent back injury is to implement an ergonomics program that focuses on redesigning the work environment and work tasks to reduce the hazards of lifting. (cdc.gov)
- As their use has risen, NIOSH has increasingly been asked for advice on back belt selection. (cdc.gov)
- NIOSH researchers began with the question-"Do back belts protect workers? (cdc.gov)
- After a review of the scientific literature, NIOSH has concluded that, because of limitations of the studies that have analyzed workplace use of back belts, the results cannot be used to either support or refute the effectiveness of back belts in injury reduction. (cdc.gov)
- Because the Institute's primary focus is on the prevention of injury, NIOSH did not address the use of back belts as medical treatment during rehabilitation from injury. (cdc.gov)
- How Did NIOSH Come to These Conclusions About Back Belts? (cdc.gov)
- NIOSH systematically reviewed published peer-reviewed scientific literature on back belts to determine if they actually reduce the risk of back injury. (cdc.gov)
- For a detailed technical report on the studies NIOSH reviewed, call 1-800-35-NIOSH to request "Workplace Use of Back Belts: Review and Recommendations" (Publication No. 94-122). (cdc.gov)
- At the Back in Motion Clinic, we are able to differentiate between all the above causes through specific assessment techniques and develop an individualised treatment programme to get you functioning again and relieve you of your symptoms. (backinmotion.co.nz)
- Back pain is classified into three categories based on the duration of symptoms. (aafp.org)
- Working with member volunteers, APTA also developed Low Back Pain: Prevention and Management , an e-book that broadly examines the types, causes, and symptoms of low back pain and when to seek medical advice. (apta.org)
Individuals with chronic low1
- The authors also wrote that future studies might "examine the impact of massage therapy on job productivity and absenteeism for individuals with chronic low back problems. (massagemag.com)
- So you're gonna walk your feet to the wall behind you, stick your tailbone to the wall behind you, and reach behind you, and feel a nice stretch through your upper back and through the back of your legs. (bodymotionpt.com)
- The next stretch that you're gonna do is a flat back stretch. (bodymotionpt.com)
- And I call that one the flat back stretch. (bodymotionpt.com)
- When exposed to weight and heat (such as from the pressure of a person's hand, arm, or foot during these stretches), connective tissue begins to loosen so that you can stretch it back to normal. (iowasource.com)
Causes of low back1
- While there are many items to mask low back pain, such as medication, it is important to address the true causes of low back pain. (motionmatterspt.com)
- For each disc space, there are two facet joints and a disc, which together form a tripod that creates the motion segment. (spine-health.com)
- The facet joints in the lower back are frequently subject to large amounts of compressive, shear, and axial loading from regular activities of daily living, exercise, work, and other actions and movements. (spine-health.com)
- A release from the university quotes Killen as saying, 'Surgical treatment is inevitable for some of the 80 percent of Americans who at some point in their lives suffer from back pain. (thirdage.com)
- Surgical treatment is inevitable for some of the 80 percent of Americans who at some point in their lives suffer from back pain. (healthimaginghub.com)
- It is said that over 80% of people will suffer some sort of low back pain during their lifetime. (motionmatterspt.com)
- While this may seem like a cool, new way to sleep, the floor bed concept actually dates back to the early 20th century teaching philosophy called the Montessori Method, which focuses on placing everything a child needs to learn and explore at the child's level. (parenting.com)
- Mechanical loading of the lower back has been shown to be an important risk factor. (frontiersin.org)
- Motion's seat and back automatically flex in response to a simple lean on the side or back, without the need for complex mechanical controls - so you can stay active even while you sit! (scriptonline.com)
- Companies should not rely on back belts as a "cure all" for back injury, but should begin to undertake prevention measures which reduce the risks of lifting tasks. (cdc.gov)
Power in Motion1
- I highly recommend Power in Motion to family and friends. (power-in-motion.com)
- Torres says that in his experience, while there may be one incident that patients point to when they come in for treatment, the cause of back pain is typically a culmination of little things. (uml.edu)
- Patients who have had extensive back surgery typically need repeated X-rays to monitor their progress but a new technology that skips the X-rays and repeated radiation exposure is on the horizon. (thirdage.com)
- Waagen GN, DeBoer KF, Hansen JM, McGee D, Haldeman S. Prospective controlled clinical trial of chiropractic manipulation in patients with chronic recurrent low back pain. (gonstead.com)
- Methods : The subjects were 58 chronic low back pain patients. (koreascience.or.kr)
- Low back pain is a problem that family physicians confront in their patients almost daily. (aafp.org)
- Low back pain is one of the top 10 reasons patients seek care from a family physician. (aafp.org)
- 5 Effective diagnosis and treatment of low back pain can save health care resources and relieve suffering in a multitude of patients. (aafp.org)
- The principles of top quality care which would soon offer Back In Motion great success were to have patients treated by only highly trained. (mlive.com)
- She credits daily exercise -- and the fact that her 58-pound 4-year-old doesn't want to be carried around much anymore -- with fewer recent back episodes. (courant.com)
- At Back in Motion, we offer exercise with oxygen therapy (EWOT), for an enhanced, full-body workout in a short amount of time. (thebackpro.com)
- The best way to avoid an injury to the low back is to use your legs when lifting, bending at the knees and keeping your back fairly straight. (motionmatterspt.com)
- The system they've developed uses an algorithm that scans 2D videos of a person in motion, identifies key points on their body (for example, hip, knees, and ankles), and generates data points that reflect their movement through space. (yahoo.com)
- Chiarelli says he believes his motion has more support on council than the rival initiative. (ottawacitizen.com)
- Comfort foam with split 3-Zone design, a firmer middle section to ease pressure points, provides balanced support and eliminates motion disturbance. (overstock.com)
- While all of these claims have been put forth as support for the use of back belts, they remain unproven. (cdc.gov)
- In the more than 30 years I've known Tom, his passionate support of and excitement about the motion picture business, the Academy, his family and friends never wavered," said Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs in a statement. (yahoo.com)
- BACKED BY SCIENCE - Motion joint supplement is the next generation of joint support. (oxyfresh.com)
- Several studies have confirmed that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) treatments have positive results on back pain. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- The effort is supported by the results of APTA's "Move Forward" Low Back Pain Survey of more than 2,600 people aged 18 and older who disclosed their experiences and habits regarding low back pain. (apta.org)
- An infographic titled Low Back Pain by the Numbers , which graphically illustrates the results of the survey, is being shared across Move Forward's Twitter and Facebook pages, in addition to Move Forward's new Pinterest page. (apta.org)
- Comparison of thoracolumbar ranges of motion revealed significant differences in the thoracic region during forward-bending of the trunk (p (koreascience.or.kr)
- Validity and reliability of sincerity test for dynamic trunk motions. (cdc.gov)
- developed a technique to evaluate sincerity of effort during dynamic trunk motion performance. (cdc.gov)
- A thorough plan is then worked out to address your core issues and relieve your low back pain quickly. (motionmatterspt.com)
- Purpose : The purpose of this study was to compare differences in thoracolumbar ranges of motions by comparing ratios among 4 type diagnosis for patient with chronic low back pain. (koreascience.or.kr)
Assess and treat1
- A variety of health professionals are equipped to assess and treat back pain. (pivotalmotion.physio)
- This can happen in one of two ways: 1) an instant, sudden trauma, such as a car accident, or 2) repetitive use that puts excessive stress on the back over time, such as bending down several times throughout the week to pick up boxes. (power-in-motion.com)
- Young man having sudden back pain. (storyblocks.com)
- Adults with chronic low-back pain found relief from massage therapy, according to a research study. (massagemag.com)
- Twenty-four adults who had experienced low-back pain for at least six months were randomly assigned to either a massage therapy group or a relaxation therapy group. (massagemag.com)
- Peak prevalence is in the group between 45 and 60 years of age, 3 although back pain is also reported by adolescents and by adults of all ages. (aafp.org)
- Although back belts are being bought and sold under the premise that they reduce the risk of back injury, there is insufficient scientific evidence that they actually deliver what is promised. (cdc.gov)
- It's always difficult to see through the capitalizations and weird marketing format standards in press releases, but it looks like Sony is sticking with the proper name "Motion Controller" for the time being. (mtv.com)
- Most of the time we don't really know what is really causing a person's back pain -- even if we do diagnostic studies. (courant.com)
- Another nice feature of motion sculptures is that they capture the interaction between space and time. (yahoo.com)
- Apple on Wednesday overhauled its iPod touch lineup for the first time in years, debuting a new high-end $399 model with a 128-gigabyte capacity, while giving all versions a 64-bit A8 processor, M8 motion coprocessor, and 8-megapixel rear camera. (appleinsider.com)
- Summer's almost over and it won't be long before it's time to head back to school. (parenting.com)
- Back pain is second only to colds as a leading reason people see their doctors and as a reason for absenteeism on the job. (courant.com)
- That's because X-rays, CAT scans and MRI scans of people without back pain often show the same irregularities that show up on those with back pain. (courant.com)
- The problem is that, as Hazard notes, lots of people who don't have back pain have slipped disks. (courant.com)
- It could be present in people without back pain. (courant.com)
- Back in Motion Research Group strives to improve the health of people with pain. (gu.se)
- The depression that can accompany serious, long-lasting back pain can lead people to think that. (power-in-motion.com)
- even resonates back to Nikki, which can lead us to believe people are not dead in spirit if we live their legacy through the right actions. (tv.com)
- Avoid tucking your chin into your chest, or try not to let your head fall back. (baptisthealth.net)
- Because more than 10% of visits to primary care physicians relate to back and neck pain, and the treatments recommended by guidelines generally are less costly than those being used increasingly, the financial implications in the health care market are significant. (apta.org)