Maps as Topic
An alkaloid ester extracted from the leaves of plants including coca. It is a local anesthetic and vasoconstrictor and is clinically used for that purpose, particularly in the eye, ear, nose, and throat. It also has powerful central nervous system effects similar to the amphetamines and is a drug of abuse. Cocaine, like amphetamines, acts by multiple mechanisms on brain catecholaminergic neurons; the mechanism of its reinforcing effects is thought to involve inhibition of dopamine uptake.
Coroners and Medical Examiners
Cause of Death
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Sleep Initiation and Maintenance Disorders
An intravenous anesthetic agent which has the advantage of a very rapid onset after infusion or bolus injection plus a very short recovery period of a couple of minutes. (From Smith and Reynard, Textbook of Pharmacology, 1992, 1st ed, p206). Propofol has been used as ANTICONVULSANTS and ANTIEMETICS.
Ultrashort-acting anesthetics that are used for induction. Loss of consciousness is rapid and induction is pleasant, but there is no muscle relaxation and reflexes frequently are not reduced adequately. Repeated administration results in accumulation and prolongs the recovery time. Since these agents have little if any analgesic activity, they are seldom used alone except in brief minor procedures. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p174)
Agents that induce various degrees of analgesia; depression of consciousness, circulation, and respiration; relaxation of skeletal muscle; reduction of reflex activity; and amnesia. There are two types of general anesthetics, inhalation and intravenous. With either type, the arterial concentration of drug required to induce anesthesia varies with the condition of the patient, the desired depth of anesthesia, and the concomitant use of other drugs. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p.173)
Gases or volatile liquids that vary in the rate at which they induce anesthesia; potency; the degree of circulation, respiratory, or neuromuscular depression they produce; and analgesic effects. Inhalation anesthetics have advantages over intravenous agents in that the depth of anesthesia can be changed rapidly by altering the inhaled concentration. Because of their rapid elimination, any postoperative respiratory depression is of relatively short duration. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p173)
Encephalitis Virus, Murray Valley
Infections of the brain caused by arthropod-borne viruses (i.e., arboviruses) primarily from the families TOGAVIRIDAE; FLAVIVIRIDAE; BUNYAVIRIDAE; REOVIRIDAE; and RHABDOVIRIDAE. Life cycles of these viruses are characterized by ZOONOSES, with birds and lower mammals serving as intermediate hosts. The virus is transmitted to humans by the bite of mosquitoes (CULICIDAE) or TICKS. Clinical manifestations include fever, headache, alterations of mentation, focal neurologic deficits, and COMA. (From Clin Microbiol Rev 1994 Jan;7(1):89-116; Walton, Brain's Diseases of the Nervous System, 10th ed, p321)
Property, such as patents, trademarks, and copyright, that results from creative effort. The Patent and Copyright Clause (Art. 1, Sec. 8, cl. 8) of the United States Constitution provides for promoting the progress of science and useful arts by securing for limited times to authors and inventors, the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 5th ed, p1014)
The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)
Motion Pictures as Topic
Jackson was administered propofol, lorazepam, and midazolam; his death was caused by a propofol overdose. News of his death ... Whitcomb, Dan; Isensee, Laura (June 26, 2009). "Michael Jackson death still unsolved after autopsy". Reuters (Press release). ... In 2009, while preparing for a series of comeback concerts, This Is It, Jackson died from an overdose of propofol administered ... Doheny, Kathleen (August 24, 2009). "Propofol Linked to Michael Jackson's Death". WebMD. Retrieved May 31, 2015. Duke, Alan ( ...
Health and appearance of Michael Jackson
"AP Autopsy shocker: Michael Jackson was healthy". nj.com. "Michael Jackson autopsy reveals tattooed eyes, lips and scalp". The ... An overdose of propofol can cause the patient to stop breathing, leading to a shortage of oxygen and a buildup of carbon ... "Autopsy reveals Michael Jackson's secrets". Cnn.com. Retrieved January 28, 2016. "Autopsy Report for Michael Jackson" (PDF). ... "Michael Jackson Autopsy Report". The Smoking Gun. Retrieved November 22, 2012. "Michael Jackson Autopsy Report". The Smoking ...
Paul Frederick White
White based his conclusion on the level of propofol in Jackson's urine during the autopsy. White also testified that Jackson ... Steven Shafer, did not show how Jackson would have responded to the drug propofol. White was one of the first to test propofol ... In his second day on the stand, White testified that Jackson probably caused his death by injecting himself with propofol while ... White also stated that Murray's treatment of Jackson with propofol was not inappropriate because off-label drug use by doctors ...
California v. Murray
The excreted unchanged propofol found in the urine at autopsy was 82.5 μg. This indicates that more than 2,000 mg propofol was ... White injected 5 mg of propofol/saline mix into a cup to show that propofol doesn't go up the IV line and propofol sticks to ... propofol and ephedrine), vitreous humour (propofol (0.4 μg/ml)). Propofol was found in all eight specimen samples. Also tested ... Shafer's scenario of a three-hour infusion does not hold up because the urine levels of propofol at autopsy are too low. Dr. ...
California v. Murray
Ativan would cause the patient to have slurred speech but propofol would not, it is "quick onset, quick offset." Propofol is ... He tested blood and urine taken from Jackson in UCLA and at autopsy on June 26, 2009. Blood taken from a femoral vein showed ... containing an array of bottles that included 100 ml propofol and 20 ml propofol bottles (filled to various levels, some opened ... liaised with Murray over purchases of propofol and Benoquin. He testified about orders Murray placed for propofol and for ...
Based on the autopsy and toxicology findings, the cause of Jackson's death was determined to be acute propofol intoxication ... Propofol is usually given in a hospital or a clinical setting with close monitoring, mostly used for general anesthesia during ... On June 25, 2009, only weeks after hiring Murray, Michael Jackson died due to a lethal dose of propofol administered by Murray ... He claimed that he tried treating him with other drugs and that he only administered the propofol after Jackson insisted, ...
Death of Michael Jackson
... if it were determined that Jackson's death was indeed caused by the drug propofol. Marc Schaffel said Jackson had used propofol ... The autopsy stated that he weighed 136 pounds (62 kg) and was 5'9" (175 cm) tall. Fox News said that this confirmed rumors that ... The autopsy report revealed that Jackson was otherwise healthy for his age (age 50) and that his heart was strong; his most ... Several propofol bottles, some empty, some full, were found in Jackson's home. On June 30, Cherilyn Lee, a nurse who had worked ...
List of Autopsy: The Last Hours of... episodes
Doheny, Kathleen (August 24, 2009). "Propofol Linked to Michael Jackson's Death". WebMD. Retrieved May 31, 2015. Reid, Tim ( ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Natalie Cole." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, May 27, ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Natalie Wood." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, January ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Bob Marley." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, February 25 ...
An autopsy study performed in Switzerland suggested that the prevalence of analgesic nephropathy in the general population has ... "Effects of carprofen on renal function during medetomidine-propofol-isoflurane anesthesia in dogs". American journal of ... Mihatsch MJ, Khanlari B, Brunner FP (November 2006). "Obituary to analgesic nephropathy--an autopsy study". Nephrol. Dial. ...
After performing an autopsy, the medical examiner, Dr. William Hamilton, stated that Diaz's liver appeared normal, but that the ... Only a few other drugs, such as methohexital, etomidate, or propofol, have the capability to induce anesthesia so rapidly. ( ... The occurrence of pulmonary edema found at autopsy raises the question about the actual cruelty of lethal injection. If ... www.npr.org/2020/09/21/793177589/gasping-for-air-autopsies-reveal-troubling-effects-of-lethal-injection "Drug sold in UK to be ...
Combined drug intoxication
Her two autopsies detected more than 11 drugs in her bloodstream, including chloral hydrate, clonazepam, lorazepam, oxazepam, ... from the IV anesthetic propofol and other sedatives Anissa Jones, child actress, from cocaine, phencyclidine, methaqualone and ...
On June 25, 2009, Michael died from cardiac arrest and an overdose of propofol. In July 2009 Katherine and Debbie Rowe, the ... "Autopsy Report for Michael Jackson" (PDF). Autopsyfiles.org. Retrieved 2015-06-20. Katherine Jackson resigns as Blanket ...
Acute liver failure
Many centers use propofol for sedation because it may reduce cerebral blood. The head of the bed should be elevated to 30 ... 2004). "News on cereulide, the emetic toxin of Bacillus Cereus". Takabe F, Oya M (1976). "An autopsy case of food poisoning ... Wijdicks, EF; Nyberg, SL (June 2002). "Propofol to control intracranial pressure in fulminant hepatic failure". Transplantation ...
... but was supplanted by propofol. Despite this thiopental is still listed as an acceptable alternative to propofol, depending ... thiopental in execution protocols was challenged in court after a study in the medical journal The Lancet reported autopsies of ... Its use has been largely replaced with that of propofol, but retains popularity as an induction agent for rapid sequence ... However, in comparison with propofol, the reflex tachycardia seen during states of hypotension is relatively spared (a ...
He worked with ITV Studios on their documentary series Autopsy...The Last Hours as an editorial consultant on series one and ... was dead before they arrived and hospital emergency room doctors confirming Murray withheld details of Jackson's Propofol ...
Janz DR, Abel TW, Jackson JC, Gunther ML, Heckers S, Ely EW (September 2010). "Brain autopsy findings in intensive care unit ... The authors of this review were uncertain whether maintenance of anaesthesia with propofol-based total intravenous anaesthesia ... A 2017 retrospective study correlating autopsy data with MMSE scores from 987 brain donors found that delirium combined with a ... Only a handful of studies exist where there has been an attempt to correlate delirium with pathological findings at autopsy. ...
List of last words (21st century)
"Johnny Cash". Autopsy: The Last Hours of... Season 3. Episode 14. Retrieved 5 September 2020 - via Tubi. Higgins, Chris (12 ... asking his doctor for more propofol shortly before he died from an overdose of the same drug "Say goodnight to your mother if ...
Only a few other drugs, such as methohexital, etomidate, or propofol, have the capability to induce anesthesia so rapidly. ( ... After performing an autopsy, the medical examiner, Dr. William Hamilton, stated that Diaz's liver appeared normal, but that the ...
Validation of these rodent findings is the demonstration that depressed humans, examined at autopsy, display reduced levels of ... propofol, and substituted amphetamines, among others. ΔJunD, a transcription factor, and G9a, a histone methyltransferase, both ...
... two of whom were found to have calcium oxalate crystals in the renal tubules at autopsy. In 1966, Crandell and colleagues ... Propofol. *Quisqualamine. *Sarcosine. *Taurine. *Positive modulators: Alcohols (e.g., brometone, chlorobutanol (chloretone), ...
Jackson Autopsy Fingers Propofol, Lorazepam as Cause of Death
... Published: Aug 28, 2009 ... The full autopsy report remains sealed, however, on the request of Los Angeles police and the district attorneys office. ... Propofol, a powerful anesthetic typically used in operating rooms, and the tranquilizer lorazepam (Ativan) were identified as " ... A statement from the coroners office said the cause of death was established as "acute propofol intoxication" aggravated by " ...
Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Propofol said: George Floyd died of a heart attack and he died in the hospital (not on-site) as you have been led to believe! ... of trying to blame the police for murder before the autopsy came back....all based on some idiots cellphone video .... ... of trying to blame the police for murder before the autopsy came back....all based on some idiots cellphone video .... ...
Autopsy: Cocaine a Factor in Billy Mays' Death | TMZ.com
Police search Las Vegas pharmacy in Jackson case - CNN.com
Applied Pharmacy sold propofol to Dr. Conrad Murray, source says. * Warrant part of follow-up to searches of home, clinic of ... Coroner: Jacksons autopsy will be withheld * Jacksons children to get their own lawyer ... Applied Pharmacy on Flamingo Road in Las Vegas sold the anesthetic propofol to Dr. Conrad Murray, Jacksons doctor, a source ... is said to have given Jackson propofol, commonly known by the brand name Diprivan, in the 24 hours before he died. ...
Coroner releases new details about Michael Jackson's death - CNN.com
Conrad Murray officially charged in Michael Jacksons death, the Los Angeles coroner has released the autopsy report that said ... Consultant concluded standard of care not met in administering propofol. *Propofol is a powerful anesthetic usually ... Autopsy report lists details of Jacksons death (PDF) Murray, who was with Jackson when he died, is charged with involuntary ... The levels of propofol found on toxicology exam are similar to those found during general anesthesia for major surgery, Calmes ...
Jackson Autopsy Report Delayed | TMZ.com
County Coroners office needs another two weeks before it releases the Michael Jackson autopsy report.Sources tell us the ... As we have already reported, some of the tests are already in and from all indications the drug Propofol will ultimately be ... Jackson Autopsy Report Delayed. The L.A. County Coroners office needs another two weeks before it releases the Michael Jackson ... autopsy report.. Sources tell us the reason for the delay is that several outside consultants have not finished their reports. ...
List of Autopsy: The Last Hours of... episodes - Wikipedia
Doheny, Kathleen (August 24, 2009). "Propofol Linked to Michael Jacksons Death". WebMD. Retrieved May 31, 2015. Reid, Tim ( ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Natalie Cole." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, May 27, ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Natalie Wood." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, January ... "Autopsy: The Last Hours of Bob Marley." Autopsy. Nar. Eric Meyers. Exec. Prod. Ed Taylor and Michael Kelpie. Reelz, February 25 ...
Michael Jackson - Wikipedia
Jackson was administered propofol, lorazepam, and midazolam; his death was caused by a propofol overdose. News of his death ... Whitcomb, Dan; Isensee, Laura (June 26, 2009). "Michael Jackson death still unsolved after autopsy". Reuters (Press release). ... In 2009, while preparing for a series of comeback concerts, This Is It, Jackson died from an overdose of propofol administered ... Doheny, Kathleen (August 24, 2009). "Propofol Linked to Michael Jacksons Death". WebMD. Retrieved May 31, 2015. Duke, Alan ( ...
Michael Jackson saw salvation in dangerous drug - Washington Times
In anesthesia, propofol is known as something of a wonder drug. Tepper said its ideal for short term procedures such as ... An autopsy report showed that Jackson was generally healthy, indicating his key problem was insomnia. Murray has told police he ... But when they did not work, Jackson demanded propofol.. Murray told police he was trying to wean him from the drug and gave him ... In the two years since Jackson died, doctors have been known to refer to propofol as "The Michael Jackson drug." Some fear a ...
Propofol dosage reported in Michael Jackson case is low, experts say - latimes
If Michael Jackson died from lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol, then he must have been injected with much more ... Final autopsy and toxicology reports have yet to be released by the Los Angeles County coroners office. ... Propofol dosage reported in Michael Jackson case is low, experts say. Dr. Conrad Murray told police he injected 25 milligrams ... Conrad Murray told police that he had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol each night for six weeks. In a three-hour ...
"Legal Drug Dealers' Stronghold On Opioid Market Effects Young Gifted" - Los Angeles Sentinel | Los Angeles Sentinel | Black...
Prescription Drug Overdose Archives - Celebrity Diagnosis
American Splendor Author Harvey Pekar To Undergo Autopsy in Cleveland. By Dr Mark Boguski on July 12, 2010 Harvey was one of ... Conrad Murray & Michael Jacksons Death by Propofol. By Dr. Michele Berman on September 29, 2011 Its been over two years since ... Although an official autopsy report is not expected for several weeks, some additional information has become available that ... ","Autopsy","Avalanna Routh","Avery Canahuati","Avian Influenza","Avicii","Avril Lavig","Avril Lavigne","Axl Rose","Back Injury ...
Michael Jackson's Death Officially Ruled a Homicide | OK! Magazine
Acute Propofol intoxication. The manner of death on the report is ruled, HOMICIDE. The report says other conditions ... The Coroner hasnt released the full autopsy report, instead just a press notice, which continues:. "The drugs PROPOFOL and ... The L.A. County Coroner has officially announced the cause of Michael Jacksons death: Acute Propofol intoxication. The manner ...
'Lethal levels' of anesthetic propofol killed Michael Jackson | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles...
The court documents quote the L.A. County coroners office as reaching that conclusion after an autopsy of the pop star. ... They also found propofol in Murrays medical bag. Murray told detectives that he was not the first doctor to administer the ... On the morning Jackson died, Murray tried to induce sleep without using propofol, according to the affidavit. He said he gave ... However, police detectives saw about eight bottles of propofol in the house along with other vials and pills that had been ...
Joan Rivers' Autopsy Inconclusive; Throat Surgery Drugs Eyed
... cause of death could not be immediately determine by an autopsy, according to results released today by the New York City ... Some tabloid reports claim Yorkville was using propofol, a powerful anesthesia, to sedate her. But those reports are ... Tags:Breaking News, Health, joan rivers, Joan Rivers Autopsy Reports, Joan Rivers Autopsy results, Joan Rivers Death, Mount ... Joan Rivers Autopsy Inconclusive; Throat Surgery Drugs Eyed. Keith Girard 4 years ago No Comments ...
Jackson's body covered in puncture marks, tattoos: autopsy | entertainment | Hindustan Times
... the Los Angeles coroner has released the autopsy report showing the appalling toll that drug dependency took on the King of ... The Los Angeles coroners office had previously said the 50-year-old star died from a lethal dose of propofol and Murray is ... In a final blow to the pop icons battered image, the autopsy also revealed that Jacksons "sparse" hair was "connected to a ... Jacksons body covered in puncture marks, tattoos: autopsy With Dr Conrad Murray charged for involuntary manslaughter in pop ...
Demerol reference for Michael Jackson is completely incorrect!
Please read the autopsy report. Mr. Jackson died. of Propofol intoxication.. You should delete this information and change your ... It was prefaced as a rumor but I agree now that the autopsy has been released we should assume the rumors were wrong. ... It was not found in his system by the coroner according to the official autopsy report. Mr. Jackson once had a Demerol ...
Former Jackson Doctor Claims Michael 'Had Lethal Amounts Of Demerol & Propofol' - NBC 10 Philadelphia
... had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body at the time of his death.In an interview on... ... "had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body" when he died on June 25. Results from the LA Coroners official autopsy ... Former Jackson Doctor Claims Michael Had Lethal Amounts Of Demerol & Propofol. Published Jul 27, 2009 at 11:36 AM. ... Arnold Klein - Michaels dermatologist - and the Propofol came from Dr. Conrad Murray, Jacksons personal physician in the ...
Conrad Murray Trial, Day 9: More Testimony About Drugs in MJ's System (Live Feed)
... and described the drugs found in Jacksons system during the autopsy. The drugs included propofol, lidocaine, diazepam, ... Murray told Martinez hed been administering propofol to Jackson for two months as a sleep aid, and jurors may finally hear the ... The doctor who performed Michael Jacksons autopsy and ruled his death a homicide, Dr. Christopher Rogers, is among the ... The Los Angeles County coroner ruled Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication, and that sedatives were also a factor. ...
Differentiation at autopsy between in vivo gas embolism and putrefaction using gas composition analysis | SpringerLink
A comparison between medetomidine-ketamine and medetomidine-propofol anaesthesia in rabbits. Lab Anim 31(1):58-69PubMedCrossRef ... Lawrence C (1997) Interpretation of gas in diving autopsies. S Pac Underw Med Soc J 27(4):228-230Google Scholar ... Differentiation at autopsy between in vivo gas embolism and putrefaction using gas composition analysis. ...
Anaesthetic found in Jackson's home - report | Entertainment | Jamaica Gleaner
What killed Jackson, according to the autopsy report, was an over-dose of propofol, an anaesthetic normally used for surgery. ... Jacksons death on June 25 at age 50 was ruled a homicide caused by an overdose of propofol and other sedatives. Murray has ... At the home, detectives found 11 containers of the powerful anaesthetic propofol, some of them empty, as well as a range of ... He gave the vials and an IV line with a milky substance resembling propofol to Alvarez, according to the statement Alvarez gave ...
Conrad Murray: Michael Jackson's Doctor Charged in Singer's Death - ABC News
The autopsy report concludes that "the cause of death is acute propofol intoxication" and that "the standard care for ... Following an autopsy and the release of a much-anticipated toxicology report last fall, investigators concluded that Murray ... Brunner was accused of leaving a syringe full of propofol out for another nurse to administer to an 80-year-old cancer patient ... "Im probably the only attorney in town that has successfully tried a propofol case involving death," Flanagan told TMZ earlier ...
Autopsy: Anesthesia may have contributed to dental patient's death | fox5sandiego.com
The family of a San Diego business owner who died getting his wisdom teeth pulled said an autopsy confirms what they suspected ... During the surgery, Lapinski began coughing and was given a dose of propofol. There was a dramatic and prolonged drop in ... Autopsy: Anesthesia may have contributed to dental patients death. Posted 9:29 PM, August 26, 2013, by Jason Sloss, Updated at ... SAN DIEGO - The family of a San Diego business owner who died getting his wisdom teeth pulled said an autopsy confirms what ...
CNN.com - Transcripts
The doctor who conducted the autopsy testified if it were not for the Propofol overdose, Jackson could have had a normal life- ... The autopsy report revealing his lips were tattooed pink and, like his eyebrows, his hairline had a dark tattoo to blend with ... For 60 nights, Murray injected Jackson with Propofol, a strong anesthesia. The drug deprived the star of any real sleep for ...
The Michael Jackson Autopsy: Insights Provided by a Forensic Anesthesiologist | OMICS International
... the cause of Michael Jacksons death was determined to be acute propofol intoxicatio.. ... Based on toxicology findings performed on samples taken at the time of autopsy, ... Eight empty propofol vials were found at the scene. His body was moderately decomposed and autopsy findings were fairly ... His autopsy revealed pulmonary hemorrhage and inflammation of the pancreas. Propofol was detected in his blood, bile, and urine ...
Joan Rivers Autopsy Never Done; Official Cause Of Death A Mystery | Earsucker
Fans of late comedienne Joan Rivers may never know her actual cause of death because an autopsy was never done. It was ... Were told they determined the "predictable" complication involved the procedure itself and not Propofol. ... Joan Rivers Autopsy Never Done; Official Cause Of Death A Mystery. Roberta Ferguson , October 19, 2014 , News , No Comments ... Joan Rivers Autopsy Never Done; Official Cause Of Death A Mystery was last modified: January 15th, 2015 by Roberta Ferguson ...
Autopsy Archives - Celebrity Diagnosis
Conrad Murray & Michael Jacksons Death by Propofol. By Dr. Michele Berman on September 29, 2011 Its been over two years since ... UPDATE: Simon Monjacks Autopsy Results. By Dr Mark Boguski on July 21, 2010 Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. It was ... ","Autopsy","Avalanna Routh","Avery Canahuati","Avian Influenza","Avicii","Avril Lavig","Avril Lavigne","Axl Rose","Back Injury ... ","Propofol","Prosopagnosia","Prostate Cancer","PSA test","PSA Testing","Psoriasis","Psoriatic Arthritis","Psychomotor ...
CNN.com - Transcripts
But propofol? (on camera): So what is propofol exactly? KAIN: Propofol is a -- is a central nervous system depressant. It works ... And, when this autopsy is done, are they going to even be able to find something like this? It is going to be an interesting ... If you use a touch of propofol, then you can actually get a high from it. The more propofol you use, the more you get into ... If I came in with a prescription for propofol, is that -- I mean, could I get a prescription for propofol filled here? ...
Michael's AEG Contract | Michael Jackson World Network
An autopsy found Michael died of acute propofol intoxication.. In another filing, Wass reiterated her claim that Superior Court ... The lawyer suggested that Michael might have self-administered the drugs propofol and lorazepam because of his concern over ... However, witnesses at Murrays trial testified it was the doctor who administered the overdose of the anaesthetic propofol to ...
Jackson estate slams Conrad Murray documentary
Propofol expert Dr. Steven Shafer testified for prosecutors during the trial and disputed the defenses theory that Jackson had ... Jacksons family has denied that Jackson was addicted to Demerol, and an autopsy did not reveal any amount of that painkiller ... Instead, Murray likely set up an intravenous drip of propofol for Jackson that stopped his breathing, Shafer said. ... Medical examiners found Jacksons death resulted from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol and sedatives. ...
IntoxicationMurrayAcuteSedativesDoseLorazepamDiprivanToxicology ReportOverdose of the anesthetic propofolLidocaineAnesthesiaAccording to the autopsy reportLevels of propofol foundMidazolamCoroner's officeHomicideSedativeJacksonAmount of propofolMilligrams of propofolMurray'sMichael'sShaferFoundDemerolFull autopsy report remains sealedRogersCoronerJackson's DeathVialsMedicationsDefenseReportFatalAnesthetic used for surgeryGave him propofolEffect of propofolEffects of propofolAddiction to propofolAnaestheticForensicPowerfulUrineSold propofolFindingsDrugJurorsFlanagan
- A statement from the coroner's office said the cause of death was established as "acute propofol intoxication" aggravated by "acute benzodiazepine effect. (medpagetoday.com)
- The 51-page report gives vivid detail supporting last August's conclusion that Jackson died from 'acute propofol intoxication. (cnn.com)
- The Los Angeles County coroner ruled Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication, and that sedatives were also a factor. (ibtimes.com)
- The L.A. County Coroner has officially announced the cause of Michael Jackson 's death: Acute Propofol intoxication. (okmagazine.com)
- Puncture wounds on his neck, arms and legs were graphically detailed in the 51 pages report which gives vivid detail supporting last August's conclusion that Jackson died from "acute propofol intoxication", reported CNN online. (hindustantimes.com)
- Mr. Jackson died of Propofol intoxication. (drug-addiction-support.org)
- Based on toxicology findings performed on samples taken at the time of autopsy, the cause of Michael Jackson's death was determined to be acute propofol intoxication with a contributory benzodiazepine effect. (omicsonline.org)
- An autopsy found Michael died of acute propofol intoxication. (mjworld.net)
- The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that the pop superstar died on June 25, 2009 from 'acute propofol intoxication. (cnn.com)
- The death was concluded to be a homicide following acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication. (mamamia.com.au)
- The singer died on June 25, 2009, of what was later found to be acute Propofol intoxication, with other sedatives found to have been a contributing factor. (chron.com)
- The coroner's report cited 'acute propofol intoxication' in Jackson's death. (nbclosangeles.com)
- While the report, which also states Jackson died of "acute propofol intoxication,' parallels the belief that Jackson was using propofol, allegedly administered by Murray, for insomnia relief, one source says this has only been seen before in fatal abuse cases. (singersroom.com)
- Such tests were necessary since the coroner's office had previously announced that Michael Jackson's death was a homicide caused by "acute propofol intoxication" working in conjunction with other sedatives. (lasentinel.net)
- He determined the cause of death to be acute propofol intoxication. (tes.com)
- The Los Angeles County Coroner's office officially ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide Friday, saying it was caused by acute propofol intoxication.The coroner's report also lists benzodiazepine as a condition contributing to the singer's death. (tvguide.com)
- The Los Angeles County Coroner's office officially ruled Michael Jackson 's death a homicide Friday, saying it was caused by acute propofol intoxication. (tvguide.com)
- Coroner's officials have determined the singer died from acute Propofol intoxication and also noted there was anti-anxiety drug lorazepam in Michael's system in June 2009. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- The coroner's office announced last month that Jackson's death was a homicide caused by "acute propofol intoxication," with the other sedatives listed as a contributing factor. (semissourian.com)
- Dr. Rogers ruled the cause of mega-star's death was homicide as a result of acute Propofol intoxication, the court heard. (bellenews.com)
- Applied Pharmacy on Flamingo Road in Las Vegas sold the anesthetic propofol to Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's doctor, a source familiar with the investigation said. (cnn.com)
- Another source close to the investigation said last month that Murray, a Texas-based cardiologist, is said to have given Jackson propofol, commonly known by the brand name Diprivan, in the 24 hours before he died. (cnn.com)
- Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- With Dr. Conrad Murray officially charged in Michael Jackson's death, the Los Angeles coroner has released the autopsy report that said it was a homicide. (cnn.com)
- Murray told investigators he gave Jackson propofol, a powerful anesthetic, to help him sleep. (cnn.com)
- In 2009, while preparing for a series of comeback concerts, This Is It, Jackson died from an overdose of propofol administered by his personal physician, Conrad Murray, who was subsequently convicted of involuntary manslaughter. (wikipedia.org)
- The prosecution claims Murray was grossly negligent in giving Jackson propofol at home without proper lifesaving equipment available and then left the room long enough to find his patient not breathing when he returned. (washingtontimes.com)
- According to court records unsealed in Houston on Monday, Dr. Conrad Murray told police that he had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol each night for six weeks. (latimes.com)
- In a three-hour interview with police two days after Jackson's death, Murray said he had been trying to wean the singer off the anesthetic and, on the day of his death, gave him a combination of other sedatives before succumbing to Jackson's demands for propofol. (latimes.com)
- Murray then gave Jackson 25 milligrams of propofol, according to the documents. (latimes.com)
- On the morning Jackson died, Murray tried to induce sleep without using propofol, according to the affidavit. (latimes.com)
- Murray administered 25 milligrams of propofol after Jackson repeatedly demanded the drug, according to the court records. (latimes.com)
- Although Murray acknowledged to police that he administered propofol, authorities said they could find no evidence that he had purchased, ordered or obtained the medication under his medical license or Drug Enforcement Administration tracking number. (latimes.com)
- However, police detectives saw about eight bottles of propofol in the house along with other vials and pills that had been prescribed to Jackson by Dr. Murray, Dr. Arnold Klein and Dr. Allan Metzger. (latimes.com)
- Between March and April 2009, Murray said he called Las Vegas doctor David Adams at Jackson's request to arrange for Adams to administer propofol. (latimes.com)
- Murray said he was present at a cosmetologist's office, where Adams used propofol to sedate Jackson. (latimes.com)
- Murray has already acknowledged obtaining and administering propofol to Jackson the morning that the pop star died. (latimes.com)
- Hoefflin claimed that the Demerol came from Dr. Arnold Klein - Michael's dermatologist - and the Propofol came from Dr. Conrad Murray , Jackson's personal physician in the weeks before his death. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Murray told Martinez he'd been administering propofol to Jackson for two months as a sleep aid, and jurors may finally hear the recording of the two-hour interview Martinez conducted with Murray. (ibtimes.com)
- Prosecutors contend Murray is criminally liable for Jackson's death because he recklessly administered the propofol, a potent surgical anesthetic drug, and was negligent in properly monitoring Jackson. (ibtimes.com)
- During opening statements last week, defense attorney Ed Chernoff suggested the reason Jackson needed propofol and other drugs administered by Murray to sleep was because he had been receiving shots of Demerol from Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein. (ibtimes.com)
- The Los Angeles coroner's office had previously said the 50-year-old star died from a lethal dose of propofol and Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter by acting "without malice" but also "withoutcaution and ircumspection. (hindustantimes.com)
- The warrants also show Murray shipped propofol and other medications to his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez's house in Santa Monica. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- Following an autopsy and the release of a much-anticipated toxicology report last fall, investigators concluded that Murray administered to Jackson, 50, the powerful anesthetic propofol and mixture of other sedatives that led to his death. (go.com)
- Earlier this month, Murray hired J. Michael Flanagan, an L.A.-based defense attorney, who is reportedly the only attorney in California to have ever won an acquittal on an involuntary manslaughter case involving propofol. (go.com)
- Murray admitted to police that he gave Jackson those drugs as a sleep aid at the singer's mansion, but his attorneys argued the singer self-injected a fatal dose of propofol. (ibtimes.com)
- Instead, Murray likely set up an intravenous drip of propofol for Jackson that stopped his breathing, Shafer said. (ibtimes.com)
- The prosecution will aim to show that Dr. Murray administered the propofol that killed Mr. Jackson and the defense will argue that Mr. Jackson administered propofol to himself. (omicsonline.org)
- With the opening of the trial for Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray , we'll be hearing the word 'propofol' a lot again. (cnn.com)
- Prosecutors have accused Murray of taking part in Jackson's overdose of propofol, alleging that Murray gave the pop icon a makeshift intravenous drip to administer the drug, intended to help Jackson sleep. (cnn.com)
- The dream ended June 25, 2009, after Mr. Murray began administering an infusion of the anesthetic propofol and returned from the restroom to find his patient not breathing. (washingtontimes.com)
- The official cause of Jackson 's death, Mr. Murray said, was the propofol infusion, which he said the court claimed began at 9 a.m. and went through noon, about the time the singer died. (washingtontimes.com)
- Though Mr. Murray, in his own words, said Jackson would leave Klein's office "looking like a zombie" and needed help walking out of the clinic, he maintains he had no knowledge of the Demerol habit when he prescribed the propofol drip at Jackson 's home. (washingtontimes.com)
- Murray was charged with dosing Jackson, 50, with the anesthesia drug propofol as a sleep aid, and then failing to monitor him properly. (medpagetoday.com)
- In that interview, Murray admitted giving the singer the propofol, after Jackson repeatedly asked for it, he said. (medpagetoday.com)
- California v. Murray ( People of the State of California v. Conrad Robert Murray ) was the American criminal trial of Michael Jackson 's personal physician, Conrad Murray , who was charged with involuntary manslaughter for the pop singer's death on June 25, 2009, from a massive overdose of the general anesthetic propofol . (wikipedia.org)
- When Dr. Murray left the room, Jackson self-administered a dose of propofol that, with the lorazepam, created a perfect storm in his body that ultimately killed him. (wikipedia.org)
- Murray told authorities Jackson was especially eager to be administered propofol, a surgical anesthetic that put him to sleep when other powerful sedatives could not. (wikipedia.org)
- He indicated that Murray asked him to place vials from Jackson's bedside cabinet in a bag and remove an IV drip (containing saline solution) from its stand and what appeared to be a propofol bottle, according to Alvarez), before Murray asked him to phone 911. (wikipedia.org)
- During the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray on Friday, anesthesiologist Dr. Paul White testified for the defense that it's most likely Michael Jackson self-administered the dose of propofol that killed him on June 25, 2009. (reuters.com)
- Using charts, diagrams and no small number of visual props, White sought to shoot down Shafer's contention that Murray had given Jackson a 1,000-milliliter infusion of propofol. (reuters.com)
- Dr. Paul White said he believes after Michael Jackson was given a dose of propofol by Conrad Murray in the early morning hours of the day he died that the pop star took lorazepam pills on his own later that morning. (reuters.com)
- That would explain the levels of drugs found in Jackson's system in the autopsy, and is at the center of the defense's efforts to show Murray did not administer a fatal dose of drugs to Jackson. (reuters.com)
- I was somewhat perplexed at how a determination has been made that Dr. Murray was infusing propofol,' White (pictured) said on Thursday. (reuters.com)
- Among Shafer's conclusions was that Murray had used an IV to deliver propofol to Jackson, and when the singer stopped breathing during the IV drip, Murray failed to notice. (reuters.com)
- The defense was trying to illustrate that withdrawal from the Demerol could have caused Jackson's insomnia, leading Murray to treat it with propofol. (reuters.com)
- But Dr. Shafer said that Dr. Murray must be mistaken because - based on the levels of the drug found in Jackson's blood during the autopsy - Jackson had significantly more lorazepam in his system when he died. (vitals.com)
- Shafer says the only way Jackson's blood would have the level of lorazepan observed at autopsy is if he got 10 consecutive injections at double the rate Murray claims. (vitals.com)
- He then rigged up the system that he believes Dr. Murray used to infuse Jackson with the propofol. (vitals.com)
- Martinez also claimed that Murray hid receipts for propofol, an anaesthetic drug administered to Jackson in high doses, at his girlfriend's apartment following Jackson's death. (mamamia.com.au)
- Murray was using the saline bag to hang the bottle of propofol from the stand and also, I think, to hide it because he didn't want anybody to know he was using propofol," Shafer said. (mamamia.com.au)
- Los Angeles County Deputy Medical Examiner Christopher Rogers, who performed the autopsy on Jackson's remains, testified Tuesday it was unlikely the singer could have woken up, orally taken the propofol and reacted to it in the 2-minute window Murray said it took him to use the bathroom. (upi.com)
- Dr. Alon Steinberg, who conducted the California Medical Board review of Murray's behavior during the time of Jackson's death, testified at the trial Wednesday that Murray demonstrated gross negligence by using propofol when it was not medically needed and administering the drug in a home, unmonitored without proper medical equipment or assistance, E! (upi.com)
- Both doctors, testifying at Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Monday, said Murray failed to tell them that he had been giving Jackson the anesthetic propofol, or when Jackson had been medicated or stopped breathing. (cbsnews.com)
- Authorities say Murray administered the fatal dose of propofol and acted recklessly by providing Jackson the drug as a sleep aid at his home when it is supposed to be administered in a hospital. (cbsnews.com)
- Nguyen and Dr. Richelle Cooper, who oversaw Jackson's care in the emergency room, said Murray never mentioned that he had given the singer the propofol. (cbsnews.com)
- She also said that the amount of propofol which Murray has since claimed he gave Jackson would not have put him to sleep and would have dissipated from his body in five to seven minutes. (cbsnews.com)
- The interview ended shortly after Murray told detectives that they could find three bags in Jackson's bedroom closet that contained syringes, vials of the anesthetic propofol and other medical equipment. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Dr. Christopher Rogers testified Tuesday that there is no medical evidence to support the defense's theory that Jackson self-administered a fatal dose of propofol after Murray left his bedroom at a rented Holmby Hills mansion. (nbcsandiego.com)
- Prosecutors argue that Murray administered the fatal dose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol, then failed to properly monitor his patient at the rented Holmby Hills mansion. (nbcsandiego.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray will appear in court Monday to face charges he administered a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic Propofol to pop icon Michael Jackson . (snarkfood.com)
- Although nurse practitioner Cherilyn Lee said Michael Jackson "begged" her for drugs to feed his addiction (singing essentially the same song as Dr. Conrad Murray who said Michael insisted on his "milk," aka propofol), we now have hard evidence that it's highly unlikely such requests were ever made. (lasentinel.net)
- Murray said the singer was not on medications and made no mention about Propofol, the sedative that an autopsy would reveal caused Jackson's death. (abc7.com)
- It contends that both Jackson and Murray kept secret the use of propofol as a sleep remedy, and that Jackson's use of medications was his personal choice, beyond their control. (abc7.com)
- People of the State of California v. Conrad Robert Murray was the Involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray for causing Jackson's death from a massive overdose of the general anesthetic Propofol along with other prescribed drugs. (tes.com)
- He testified that Murray administered too much propofol and that the 'circumstances do not support self-administration. (tes.com)
- Murray admitted to police that, while at Jackson's mansion, he injected him with propofol and lorazepam as a sleep aid. (reuters.com)
- Murray told police that he gave Jackson only 25 milligrams of propofol and two, 2 milligram injections of lorazepam on June 25, 2009, the day the pop star died. (reuters.com)
- Murray's defense attorneys, in addition to suggesting Jackson "self-administered" more propofol, have argued the singer could have swallowed more lorazepam than the 4 milligrams that Murray said he gave as a sleep aid. (reuters.com)
- An autopsy determined that Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest after an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which was being administered to him as a sleep aid by his personal physician, Conrad Murray. (who2.com)
- In the ongoing involuntary manslaughter trial against Michael Jackson's physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, jurors were shown autopsy photos of the late singer during Tuesday's testimony. (extratv.com)
- The confession bought gasps from Jackson's family because it supports the defense's theory that Jackson may have given himself the fatal dose of Propofol, an anesthetic used for surgery, by pouring the drug into the juice bottle by his bed, when Murray stepped out of the room for two minutes. (essence.com)
- Prior to Ruffalo's testimony, Dr. Christopher Rogers, chief of forensic medicine for the LA County Coroner's Office, also testified that even if Jackson injected himself, Murray is still guilty of homicide because he should not have been administering Propofol outside a hospital. (essence.com)
- TMZ reported that Rogers, who performed Jackson's autopsy, said he doesn't believe Murray only gave the sleep-deprived singer only 25mg of Propofol, like he told the police in an interview two days after Jackson's death. (essence.com)
- Meanwhile, a pharmacist in Las Vegas, where the doctor kept a clinic, said Murray had ordered from him 255 vials of propofol, anti-anxiety drugs, tubes of the skin whitening cream Benoquin and saline IV bags, but did not disclose Jackson's name or the identities of any other patients to him. (abc7.com)
- Murray, 58, has said he gave the singer a dose of propofol as a sleeping aid on the day he died. (abc7.com)
- The doctor's lawyers maintain that Jackson drank propofol and consumed other medications on his own while the doctor was away from his bedside at the singer's Los Angeles home, that the dose of propofol Murray had administered was too low to be fatal and that he was trying to wean him off the drug. (abc7.com)
- Lopez said that when the courier arrived there, Murray took him to a back room and removed several propofol vials from the box. (abc7.com)
- Anesthesiologist Steven Shafer took to the stand today (20.10.11) in the case against the late 'Thriller' hitmaker's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray, who has been charged with involuntary manslaughter of the pop star after he was accused of giving him an overdose of Propofol while trying to help him sleep. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- Shafer said it was more likely that Murray gave the singer a higher dose of Propofol than he told police and he also explained the defence's own testing showed Michael hadn't swallowed any lorazepam pills in the four hours before his death. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- Murray's attorneys have previously argued Michael gave himself extra doses of Propofol and lorazepam without the doctor knowing - but the anesthesiologist said those doses would've amounted to just 10 per cent of the drug found in his body at the autopsy based on the timings Murray has given. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- The warrant revealed that Jackson's personal physician, cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray, told Los Angeles Police Department detectives that he had been treating Jackson for insomnia for six weeks and that he'd been giving the 50-year-old singer 50 milligrams of Propofol (also known as Diprivan) every night, using an IV. (idobi.com)
- At 10:40 a.m., after repeated demands, Murray gave Jackson 25 milligrams of Propofol. (idobi.com)
- My answer was, `No,'" said Murray, "and that's the reason why I was recommending an autopsy. (townhall.com)
- Shortly before his death, Murray had injected Jackson with propofol and two of the anti-anxiety drugs found in his system by the autopsy, benzodiazepines-lorazepam, and midazolam. (guardianlv.com)
- The prosecution's case is that Murray - who was being paid $150,000 a month to treat Jackson as he rehearsed for 'This Is It' London concert residency - administered a high dose of Propofol to Jackson and then left him alone. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray for months have suggested that Jackson could have swallowed a fatal dose of propofol, which is normally administered through an IV drip in hospital-settings. (cbc.ca)
- He said Murray lacked the propofol monitoring or life-saving equipment when he was giving Jackson the anesthetic and other sedatives as a sleep aid. (cbc.ca)
- Steinberg said he based his testimony on statements Murray made to police about the dosages of propofol and other sedatives that he gave Jackson, and that the doctor had left the room for only two minutes before finding the singer unresponsive. (cbc.ca)
- A medical examiner told jurors Tuesday that it was unreasonable to believe that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose of propofol when Murray left the room for only two minutes. (cbc.ca)
- Dr. Christopher Rogers, who conducted the autopsy on Jackson, testified it was more likely that Murray overdosed the singer when he incorrectly estimated how much of the drug he was giving Jackson to induce sleep to fight insomnia. (cbc.ca)
- Jackson died at his rented Los Angeles mansion June 25 after his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, administered the anesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to get the chronic insomniac to sleep, court documents state. (semissourian.com)
- The autopsy findings cut off a potential defense for Murray -- that Jackson hid serious pre-existing conditions that increased the risk of death from the drugs he willingly took. (semissourian.com)
- Chernoff said the doctor, David Adams, used Murray's Las Vegas office in April of 2009 to give Jackson propofol for sleep on at least one occasion. (ratchasima.net)
- But Dr. Christopher Rogers, who performed the autopsy on Jackson, told jurors Jackson did not have time to give himself the anesthetic and stop breathing in the two minutes that Murray told police he was out of the room. (kisselpaso.com)
- Defense attorneys countered that Jackson caused his own death by taking a drug dose, including propofol, after Murray left the room. (vvdailypress.com)
- What we will hear is that Dr. Murray provided propofol for two months to Michael Jackson for sleep," Chernoff said. (vvdailypress.com)
- The evidence will not show you that Michael Jackson died because Dr. Murray gave him propofol. (vvdailypress.com)
- He said Murray was trying to wean Jackson off of propofol and had been giving him other sleep aids known as benzodiazepines trying to lull him to sleep. (vvdailypress.com)
- Dr. Murray told cops he administered only a very small amount of Propofol -- 2.5ml shortly before Jackson died. (darkbb.com)
- If Dr. Murray did indeed attach the 100ml bottle to the tube and the contents emptied into Jackson's system, that would be 40 times more Propofol than Dr. Murray said he administered. (darkbb.com)
- Ah ha, I know, it was a Dr. Conrad Murray who was found to be negligent in his death, and the medical examiner declared that Jackson died from an overdose of that funny sounding anesthetic drug that begins with "P." Yeah, propofol, that's it. (madinamerica.com)
- On another day of Dr. Conrad Murray trial, the court saw a second shocking photograph of Michael Jackson's dead body taken before an autopsy was carried out the day after his death. (bellenews.com)
- According to Dr. Rogers, Dr. Conrad Murray had no equipment to help deliver the correct amount of Propofol to help Michael Jackson sleep. (bellenews.com)
- According to prosecutors, Dr. Conrad Murray caused Michael Jackson's death by giving him a lethal dose of the powerful anaesthetic Propofol, which should only be used in a hospital setting. (bellenews.com)
- In the released recording, Dr. Murray admitted for the first time that he gave Michael Jackson Propofol, telling police he had been administering the drug almost daily for the previous two months. (bellenews.com)
- Acute chloral hydrate aztreonam clomethiazole clozapine ethanol flumazenil etomidate lindane felbamate maols ivermectin maprotiline meprobamate organochlorine insecticides methaqualone penicillins propofol pentylenetetrazol steroids picrotoxin topiramate tricyclic antidepressants moclobemide tropisetron pargyline ziprasidone phenelzine zotepine tranylcypromine selegiline enhance 5-ht uptake enhance 5-ht. (childbirthsolutions.com)
- At the home, detectives found 11 containers of the powerful anaesthetic propofol, some of them empty, as well as a range of sedatives and various medical items, including a box of blood pressure cuffs, according to the warrants, which were redacted and unsealed last Friday after The Associated Press (AP) filed a legal motion. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- Jackson's death on June 25 at age 50 was ruled a homicide caused by an overdose of propofol and other sedatives. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- Medical examiners found Jackson's death resulted from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol and sedatives. (ibtimes.com)
- Lethal levels of sedatives and the anesthesia propofol were found in his system. (upi.com)
- Autopsy results have shown that Jackson died at age 50 on June 25, 2009 from an overdose of propofol, an anesthetic that he called his "milk," and other sedatives. (abc7.com)
- Investigators believe he was negligent in administering the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives to Jackson and that those drugs killed the singer. (fosters.com)
- At that point on June 25, 2009, he had not told anyone _ not paramedics or emergency room doctors _ that he had given Jackson the anesthetic propofol on top of a number of other sedatives. (townhall.com)
- Jackson's doctor administered multiple sedatives along with the powerful anesthetic propofol, a potentially lethal combination, hours before the singer died June 25, a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because the death investigation is ongoing told the AP . (insurancejournal.com)
- Aside from propofol and the sedatives, the only substances found in his system were the local anesthetic, Lidocaine, sometimes used to numb injection sites and ephedrine, a commonly used resuscitation stimulant. (semissourian.com)
- Kain said he was surprised that three other sedatives, known as benzodiazepines, were present with propofol. (semissourian.com)
- Authorities allege he gave Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in the bedroom of his rented mansion on June 25, 2009. (ratchasima.net)
- What killed Jackson, according to the autopsy report, was an over-dose of propofol, an anaesthetic normally used for surgery. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- During the surgery, Lapinski began coughing and was given a dose of propofol. (fox5sandiego.com)
- Authorities have accused him of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in the bedroom of his rented mansion in June 2009. (nbclosangeles.com)
- He says there's no way a single dose of propofol (not 25mg, 50mg or 100mg) could have killed Jackson. (vitals.com)
- Dr. Christopher Rogers testified that contrary to the defense team's argument that Jackson gave himself the deadly dose of the propofol, his findings didn't suggest that the singer was an abuser of prescription medication. (thaindian.com)
- But Murray's attorneys have argued Jackson could have given himself an extra, fatal dose of propofol while alone in his bedroom. (reuters.com)
- Even if Jackson injected himself with the large dose of 100 milligrams of propofol six times, and stopped breathing with the last shot, his heart would still beat long enough to lower the propofol concentration below the level found in the bloodstream at autopsy, Shafer said. (reuters.com)
- A medical examiner took the stand and said he did not think it was possible for Jackson to have given himself the lethal dose of propofol, as the defense has claimed, the L.A. Times reports . (extratv.com)
- It was his insomnia the defence claim that led Jackson to inject himself with a fatal dose of the surgical anaesthetic propofol to get to sleep on the night of his passing. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- An attorney for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death surprised prosecutors and a judge by dropping a key defence claim that the pop superstar swallowed a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol while the physician wasn't looking. (cbc.ca)
- They told jurors in opening statements that they would present a theory that Jackson swallowed several pills of the sedative lorazepam and somehow self-administered the dose of propofol - killing the singer before he had a chance to close his eyes. (cbc.ca)
- After taking a self-administered dose of propofol, Jackson did not even have a chance to close his eyes, Chernoff said, claiming he died instantly. (vvdailypress.com)
- Jackson suffering a cardiac arrest following a dose of the powerful anesthetic Propofol. (eurweb.com)
- He also dismissed Conrad Murray's claims that Michael Jackson took a deadly dose of Propofol himself while the doctor left his bedside for two minutes to go to the toilet. (bellenews.com)
- Propofol, a powerful anesthetic typically used in operating rooms, and the tranquilizer lorazepam (Ativan) were identified as "the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson's death. (medpagetoday.com)
- The drugs PROPOFOL and LORAZEPAM (Ativan) were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson's death. (okmagazine.com)
- The lawyer suggested that Michael might have self-administered the drugs propofol and lorazepam because of his concern over fulfilling the terms of his contract for 50 performances of the show, 'This Is It. (mjworld.net)
- After an autopsy, the Los Angeles county coroner's office ruled that Jackson died of an overdose involving multiple drugs, including propofol and lorazepam (Ativan). (medpagetoday.com)
- On the day after Jackson's death, an autopsy discovered a combination of drugs in the singer's system including propofol, lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam. (mamamia.com.au)
- The only drugs to be found in the femoral blood sample were Lidocaine, Propofol and Lorazepam. (mjworld.net)
- Jackson's death was ruled a homicide from an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol and sedative Lorazepam. (snarkfood.com)
- But prosecutors have argued he gave Jackson a higher amount of lorazepam and followed up his initial injection of propofol with a continuous intravenous drip of that drug. (reuters.com)
- Medical examiners found that propofol was the main cause of Jackson's death, and the sedative lorazepam played a contributing role. (reuters.com)
- And then, on the day Jackson died, he attempted to induce sleep without any Propofol, giving Jackson Valium at 1:30 a.m. and when that didn't work, injecting him with lorazepam intravenously at 2 a.m. then with midazolam at 3 a.m. when Jackson was still awake. (idobi.com)
- Among the drugs confiscated in the search of Jackson's rented home were a variety of anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, anti-insomnia medications and muscle relaxants: valium, tamsulosin, lorazepam, temazepam, clonazepam, trazodone and tizanidine, as well as Propofol found in Murray's medical bag. (idobi.com)
- Music legend Michael Jackson died after his doctor gave him a head-spinning cocktail of drugs including Valium, Lorazepam, and Midazolam, plus the painkiller Lidocane, topped off with Propofol. (thesop.org)
- The Coroner's office stated that Jackson had died from a deadly mixture of drugs in his system, a combination of the anesthetic propofol and the drug lorazepam, as well as midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine and ephedrine. (guardianlv.com)
- Why did she use different units to test Propofol and Lorazepam? (blogspot.com)
- They cite 'probable cause to believe' that the premises contained 'records, shipping orders, distribution lists, use records relating to the purchase, transfer ordering, delivery and storage of propofol (Diprivan). (cnn.com)
- I did ask about that specific drug, Diprivan, or propofol. (cnn.com)
- Propofol is the name of Diprivan. (cnn.com)
- Propofol, whose trade name is Diprivan, is commonly used to sedate people undergoing colonoscopies, and leaves patients feeling well-rested when they wake up, experts say. (cnn.com)
- An autopsy revealed that Michael Jackson died of a lethal overdose of the anesthetic propofol, or Diprivan, which he used to relieve his chronic insomnia. (rateadrug.com)
- While Jackson's official cause of death is still pending the results of the toxicology report, the investigation has reportedly centered on Propofol, or Diprivan as its commonly known. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Federal drug agents have contacted Teva Pharmaceuticals, the maker of the drug, and AmerisourceBergen, the distributor, for a listing off all doctors, pharmacies and hospitals that purchased propofol and its brand name counterpart, Diprivan. (nbcnewyork.com)
- 11. Propofol (Diprivan): Intravenous sedative/hypnotic used for general anesthesia. (blogspot.com)
- Jackson Toxicology Report: Propofol Plus. (tmz.com)
- Hoefflin claimed to Access that according to a reliable source of his, Jackson's toxicology report indicated Michael "had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body" when he died on June 25. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- As if reaching beyond the grave in a last ditch effort to defend himself against the false charge that he was a drug addict, Michael Jackson can rest easy now that the official autopsy-toxicology report has cleared him. (lasentinel.net)
- The L.A. County coroner's toxicology report and full autopsy, expected to have been released as early as this week, has been postponed for another two weeks. (nbcnewyork.com)
Overdose of the anesthetic propofol1
- Jackson died at age 51 that year from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. (telegram.com)
- He had given Jackson 50 milligrams of the sedative propofol diluted with the local anesthetic lidocaine every night via an intravenous drip. (cnn.com)
- Anderson also testified about the various drugs found in medical implements in Jackson's bedroom, including propofol and lidocaine in a syringe found on a table near the singer's bed, and propofol, lidocaine and flumazenil found in a different syringe and IV tubing found in the bedroom four days after Jackson died. (ibtimes.com)
- The autopsy results show that apart from the Propofol, the only other substances found in his system were Lidocaine (used to numb injection sites) and Ephedrine. (answers.com)
- The heart blood from UCLA hospital showed traces of Lidocaine and Propofol. (mjworld.net)
- The solid specimen of the liver showed traces of Lidocaine and a larger trace of Propofol. (mjworld.net)
- The stomach contents showed tiny traces of Lidocaine and Propofol. (mjworld.net)
- 3.2 propofol and 6.8 lidocaine see that? (blogspot.com)
- 10. Lidocaine solution for injection: Used in combination with propofol to decrease pain upon injection (propofol hurts! (blogspot.com)
- After premedication with 50 mg of meperidine, 40 mg hydroxyzine, and 0.2 mg glycopyrrolate intramuscularly, anesthesia was induced with 200 mg propofol, 100 mg succinylcholine, and 30 mg lidocaine. (apsf.org)
- In anesthesia, propofol is known as something of a wonder drug. (washingtontimes.com)
- Some tabloid reports claim Yorkville was using propofol, a powerful anesthesia, to sedate her. (theimproper.com)
- SAN DIEGO - The family of a San Diego business owner who died getting his wisdom teeth pulled said an autopsy confirms what they suspected - an overdose of anesthesia. (fox5sandiego.com)
- Propofol should be administered only by people trained in giving general anesthesia, and who are not involved in the conduct of the surgery or diagnostic procedure, according to the The U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (cnn.com)
- The levels of propofol found on [the] toxicology exam are similar to those found during general anesthesia for major surgery (intra-abdominal) with propofol infusions. (singersroom.com)
- FDA is issuing this alert to inform healthcare professionals about several clusters of patients who have experienced chills, fever, and body aches shortly after receiving propofol for sedation or general anesthesia. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Propofol is intended for use in a medical setting under the guidance of an anesthesiologist or other professional with knowledge of anesthesia. (idobi.com)
- Indeed, the Coroner's report notes the level of Propofol found in Jackson's body was equivalent to that found during 'general anesthesia for major surgery. (darkbb.com)
According to the autopsy report2
Levels of propofol found1
- It all came down to the levels of propofol found in Jackson's body during the autopsy. (vitals.com)
- Final autopsy and toxicology reports have yet to be released by the Los Angeles County coroner's office. (latimes.com)
- The court documents quote the L.A. County coroner's office as reaching that conclusion after an autopsy of the pop star. (latimes.com)
- Coroner's office toxicologist Dan Anderson took the witness stand on Thursday, and described the drugs found in Jackson's system during the autopsy. (ibtimes.com)
- The standard of care for administering propofol was not met," officials wrote in an autopsy report issued by the Los Angeles Country coroner's office Monday. (singersroom.com)
- The Chief of forensic pathology at the coroner's office, testified as to the results of the autopsy he had done on Jackson. (tes.com)
- Coroner's office investigators found lethal levels of the fast-acting, powerful anesthetic Propofol in Michael Jackson's body, a search warrant unsealed Monday in Houston revealed. (idobi.com)
- The documents reportedly quote the Los Angeles County coroner's office conclusion after Jackson's autopsy, according to the Los Angeles Times, although L.A. County officials have put a security hold on the official autopsy results in the Michael Jackson case until police complete their investigation. (idobi.com)
- The Los Angeles County Coroner's office conducted an autopsy on June 26, 2009. (guardianlv.com)
- On August 28, 2009, the LA County Coroner's office revealed a portion of the autopsy results, ruling that Michael Jackson's death was a homicide. (guardianlv.com)
- The circumstances, from my point of view, do not support self-administration of propofol,' said Rogers, chief of forensic medicine in the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. (cbc.ca)
- Supervise doctors who work at coroner's office, and occasionally do autopsies himself. (blogspot.com)
- The Los Angeles County coroner's office indefinitely delayed the release of Michael Jackson's autopsy results Thursday amid signs that police investigators were trying to determine the interplay between the pop star's personal physician and other medical professionals who treated Jackson in the months leading up to his death. (mjeol.com)
- The doctor who performed Michael Jackson's autopsy and ruled his death a homicide, Dr. Christopher Rogers, is among the potential witnesses, as is Los Angeles police detective Orlando Martinez. (ibtimes.com)
- The full autopsy report remains sealed and no one has yet been charged with Jackson's homicide. (snarkfood.com)
- The coroner has not officially released autopsy results but a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing told the AP the death has been ruled a homicide. (fosters.com)
- You conclusion as to this being a homicide, assumes the admnistration of propofol by another? (blogspot.com)
- Several lots of Propofol, the powerful sedative that's often been mentioned in the investigation into Michael Jackson's death, have been recalled because a handful of orders of the drug were found to be contaminated, Propublica reports. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Jackson weighed 136 pounds and was 69 inches tall, according to measurements taken during the autopsy the morning after his death. (cnn.com)
- The L.A. County Coroner 's office needs another two weeks before it releases the Michael Jackson autopsy report. (tmz.com)
- Jackson saw the anesthetic known as propofol as his salvation. (washingtontimes.com)
- The defense theory, based on evidence that a trace amount of propofol _ .13 milligrams _ was found in Jackson 's stomach, may be a hard sell. (washingtontimes.com)
- If Michael Jackson died from lethal levels of the powerful anesthetic propofol, then he must have been injected with much more of the drug than his personal physician reportedly told police he gave the pop star, medical experts said. (latimes.com)
- Michael Jackson died of 'lethal levels' of the powerful anesthetic propofol, according to a search warrant affidavit unsealed today in Houston. (latimes.com)
- He had been giving Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous line, according to the court records. (latimes.com)
- At least two unidentified doctors gave Jackson propofol in Germany. (latimes.com)
- Dr. Steven Hoefflin , a longtime friend and doctor Michael Jackson , has claimed that the King of Pop "had lethal amounts of Demerol and Propofol in his body" at the time of his death. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Results from the LA Coroner's official autopsy of Jackson have yet to be publicly released. (nbcphiladelphia.com)
- Murray's attorneys had argued during his trial that Jackson was addicted to the painkiller Demerol that he received from another doctor in the weeks before his death, but they barely mentioned any possible addiction to propofol. (ibtimes.com)
- Jackson's family has denied that Jackson was addicted to Demerol, and an autopsy did not reveal any amount of that painkiller in the singer's system. (ibtimes.com)
- Propofol expert Dr. Steven Shafer testified for prosecutors during the trial and disputed the defense's theory that Jackson had self-injected the drug. (ibtimes.com)
- Irrespective of Jackson, propofol has been concerning because it has been abused by health care workers in some cases. (cnn.com)
- Michael Jackson wanted Propofol. (cnn.com)
- Dr. Shafer threw the first punch earlier in the week by saying he was "disappointed" in his longtime friend's report, which said Jackson could have died from drinking propofol. (vitals.com)
- Dr. Shafer said there's only one possible scenario: Jackson was hooked up to an IV drip of propofol. (vitals.com)
- More details emerging from the official Michael Jackson autopsy report show the pop icon was reportedly "fairly healthy" for a 50-year-old man. (snarkfood.com)
- According to new information released from the Michael Jackson autopsy report, the singer was in relatively good health for his age and height. (snarkfood.com)
- Michael Jackson Autopsy Photos Real or Fake? (snarkfood.com)
- Coroner takes stand and testifies that Michael Jackson did not self-administer propofol. (nbclosangeles.com)
- He described holding hands with Jackson family members at the hospital and telling them he wanted an autopsy performed to find out what happened, according to the transcript. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Jackson died from a propofol overdose while preparing for a series of comeback concerts at AEG's O2 Arena in London. (abc7.com)
- Shafer also said numerous studies show propofol is not fatal when swallowed, undercutting a former, controversial defense theory that Jackson guzzled the drug by himself. (reuters.com)
- In any case, this has all the earmarks of police gamesmanship, and we will not be responding until we get a full autopsy report, including the entire list of drugs found in Mr. Jackson, their quantities, and all other data that would allow independent medical experts to analyze and interpret. (tvguide.com)
- During Rogers' testimony, an autopsy photo of a thin Jackson was briefly shown to the jury, but according to Rogers, Jackson was in the normal range of weight and in above average health for his age when he died. (extratv.com)
- Furthermore, he should have anticipated what Jackson may have done with the Propofol. (essence.com)
- AN expert on anesthetic Propofol says it is 'extremely unlikely' Michael Jackson would have caused his own death by swallowing the drug. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- According to the Times , despite Murray's admission that he had administered Propofol to Jackson, they could not find any evidence that he purchased the drug under his medical license or Drug Enforcement Administration tracking number. (idobi.com)
- we are learning that michael jackson asked a los angeles doctor about the powerful drug propofol months before he died. (archive.org)
- We are not going to assert at any point in this trial that Michael Jackson orally ingested propofol,' Flanagan said. (cbc.ca)
- Walgren, however, said Jackson's autopsy found no Demerol in his body. (ratchasima.net)
- In court on Monday, Chernoff suggested that Jackson was desperate for sleep and turned to propofol because he was withdrawing from Demerol. (ratchasima.net)
- Pastor said he would permit two other doctors and a nurse to testify about their interactions with Jackson regarding propofol. (ratchasima.net)
- One is an anesthesiologist who gave Jackson propofol at least four times, including for dental procedures. (ratchasima.net)
- Adams is expected to testify that Jackson was so familiar with propofol that he called it 'milk,' according to documents filed by the defense. (ratchasima.net)
- Why Did the Jackson Family Ask for a Second Autopsy? (everydayhealth.com)
- On Friday morning, before the first autopsy on Michael Jackson had been completed, I wrote an article in these pages to explain just what an autopsy i. (everydayhealth.com)
- Michael Jackson: What Will an Autopsy Look For? (everydayhealth.com)
- Michael Jackson 's mother, Katherine, who flew back to Los Angeles from the weekend tribute to her son in Wales, left the courtroom before the autopsy photo was shown on a screen. (bellenews.com)
Amount of propofol1
- Dr Zeev Kain, anaesthesiology department chair at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, said he was surprised by the amount of propofol detectives found. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
Milligrams of propofol1
- Dr. Scott Engwall, vice chair of anesthesiology at UC Irvine's School of Medicine, said that for an average person without a high tolerance to drugs, 50 milligrams of propofol might be enough to make him or her doze off for five or 10 minutes. (latimes.com)
- Murray's lawyer, Edward Chernoff, told reporters that the coroner should release the full autopsy report immediately. (medpagetoday.com)
- They also found propofol in Murray's medical bag. (latimes.com)
- However, witnesses at Murray's trial testified it was the doctor who administered the overdose of the anaesthetic propofol to the sleep deprived Michael. (mjworld.net)
- Murray's defense is winding up its presentation by trying to answer the testimony earlier this month by prosecution propofol expert Dr. Steven Shafer. (reuters.com)
- Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, questioned the timeline in the affidavit earlier this week.Chernoff said in a statement posted on his firm's website Friday that the coroner's 'press release contains nothing new' and declined to comment on the report until the full autopsy results are released. (tvguide.com)
- Conrad Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, the mother of his son, says that during the months before Michael Jackson's death, the doctor ordered packages to be delivered to her apartment, while prosecutors have said they contained propofol meant to be used on the King of Pop. (abc7.com)
- Dr Paul White, anaesthesiologist and propofol expert, gives testimony during Dr Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial in Los Angeles on Thursday. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- Traces of Propofol were also found in the liquid behind Michael's eyes, (the Aqueous humour). (mjworld.net)
- Though not involved in Michael's autopsy, Dr. Howard Oliver, a forensic pathologist who performed autopsies on Coretta Scott-King and Yolanda King-the wife and daughter respectively of the late Dr. Martin Luther King-gave me an idea of what is involved. (lasentinel.net)
- He also said that no propofol was found in Michael's stomach or esophagus which means Michael didn't drink it, as the defense has suggested. (kisselpaso.com)
- While on the stand, White - who's expected to be the defense's final witness - contradicted theories presented earlier in the trial by propofol expert and prosecution witness Dr. Steven Shafer, White's close longtime colleague turned courtroom rival. (reuters.com)
- Dr. Shafer walked the jury through a video demonstrating the proper way to administer the anesthetic propofol to a patient. (vitals.com)
- Dr. Shafer said not enough research exists on the effects of propofol withdrawal. (vitals.com)
- Dr. Steven Shafer told jurors that the level of propofol found in Jackson's bloodstream at his 2009 autopsy was too high to be explained by the theory that he self-injected. (reuters.com)
- Shafer discounted that idea, saying the 50 year-old "Thriller" singer would have had to inject himself several times to achieve a cumulative rise of the propofol in his bloodstream. (reuters.com)
- Shafer used charts to explain that while propofol can stop a person from breathing, the heart continues beating for 10 minutes and circulates blood. (reuters.com)
- Shafer reminded the jury that injecting Propofol is a complicated process and showed them various formulas and diagrams on a large screen. (gladstoneobserver.com.au)
- Dr Steve Shafer: Propofol is commonly used for infusions in intensive care units. (mjjcommunity.com)
- The preliminary toxicology reports cited in the court records said that "lethal levels" of propofol were found in Jackson's blood. (latimes.com)
- It was not found in his system by the coroner according to the official autopsy report. (drug-addiction-support.org)
- He gave the vials and an IV line with a milky substance resembling propofol to Alvarez, according to the statement Alvarez gave police, and told him to put them in bags that were similar in description to those later found in the closet. (trentonian.com)
- According to White, the fact that there was no infusion set-up found at Jackson's home makes the infusion theory highly likely, and the prospect of infusion is inconsistent with the level of propofol found in the singer's body during his autopsy. (reuters.com)
- White also contended it was unlikely that the propofol had been infused via a bottle of the drug suspended inside a slit saline bag, such as the set-up that was found in Jackson's bedroom. (reuters.com)
- This is when the blue bag and the CostCo bag were found, photographed and searched, revealing the IV bag with the Propofol bottle inside, amongst other vials of drugs. (mjworld.net)
- After Jackson's initial autopsies, no defects were found that would have caused him to suffer from sudden cardiac arrest, fueling reports that drugs, and likely Propofol, played a role in the singer's death. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Prior to the judge's ruling, the prosecution called their expert witness, anesthesiologist Dr. Richard Ruffalo, who, according to the Los Angeles Times, admitted that the small amounts of Propofol found in Jackson's stomach were not consistent with ingesting the drug, but under cross-examination, he acknowledged he made a mathematical error in his calculation and said ingestion "would seem to make sense. (essence.com)
- A small, empty, 20ml bottle of Propofol was found in the bedroom, but there was a secret compartment in a nearby closet that could be the key to the prosecution's case. (darkbb.com)
- Several days after Jackson's death, law enforcement found numerous bottles of Propofol in that closet, including a large, empty, 100ml bottle with a large tear in the rubber stopper. (darkbb.com)
- Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said: "You understand there is no Demerol in the toxicology findings (from Jackson's autopsy). (jamaica-gleaner.com)
Full autopsy report remains sealed1
- The full autopsy report remains sealed, however, on the request of Los Angeles police and the district attorney's office. (medpagetoday.com)
- "It would be easy for the doctor to estimate wrongly and give too much Propofol," Dr. Rogers said. (bellenews.com)
- After the recording concluded, prosecutors called to the stand the coroner who conducted the autopsy on Jackson's body. (nbcsandiego.com)
- As we have already reported, some of the tests are already in and from all indications the drug Propofol will ultimately be listed as the primary cause of Michael Jackson's death. (tmz.com)
- On June 23, two days before Jackson's death, he administered those two medications and withheld the propofol. (latimes.com)
- He gave the vials and an IV line with a milky substance resembling propofol to Alvarez, according to the statement Alvarez gave police. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- FDA has tested multiple units of propofol vials and lots used in patients who have experienced these symptoms and to date, these tests have not identified any vials contaminated with bacteria or endotoxins. (abovetopsecret.com)
- The medical experts said that if the propofol dosage were higher and combined with other medications, it could have led to an overdose. (latimes.com)
- Chernoff repeated a previously stated defense position that the pop star was addicted to that drug and was withdrawing from it when he died of an overdose of propofol and other medications in June 2009. (ratchasima.net)
- The defense boasts an advantage in one of its lawyers, J. Michael Flanagan, who says he is the only California attorney ever to try a propofol death case. (washingtontimes.com)
- In cross-examination, defense attorney Michael Flanagan was able to get Cooper to say that, even if they had known about the propofol, they could not have saved Jackson's life. (cbsnews.com)
- The autopsy report noted several broken ribs, apparently suffered during the efforts to revive him. (cnn.com)
- Although an official autopsy report is not expected for several weeks, some additional information has become available that suggests that music icon Prince may have. (celebritydiagnosis.com)
- Please read the autopsy report. (drug-addiction-support.org)
- Even during the autopsy report there was no addictions to any of that,' Jermaine explained. (okmagazine.com)
- J. Seo, "Forensic review of propofol induced deaths-analysis of 33 autopsied cases," Annual Report National Forensic Service , vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 35-42, 2011 (Korean). (hindawi.com)
- The leg punctures could have been from intravenous therapies not described in the autopsy report Kain said. (lasentinel.net)
- LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson's arms were covered with punctures, his face and neck were scarred and he had tattooed eyebrows and lips, but he wasn't the sickly skeleton of a man portrayed by tabloids, according to his autopsy report obtained by The Associated Press. (semissourian.com)
- Most serious was his lungs, which the autopsy report said were chronically inflamed and had reduced capacity that might have left him short of breath. (semissourian.com)
- His overall health was fine," said Dr. Zeev Kain, chairman of the anesthesiology department at the University of California, Irvine, who reviewed a copy of the autopsy report for the AP. (semissourian.com)
- The full autopsy report has not been released publicly, but the AP obtained a copy. (semissourian.com)
- Dr. I want to refer you to, I believe you have it in your autopsy report, it might be the second to last page? (blogspot.com)
- Though the autopsy results have not yet been released, I have a hunch that Michael Jackson's fatal cardiac arrest was due to a mixture of the very drugs which Dr. Honkola's study warned about. (encognitive.com)
Anesthetic used for surgery1
- In fact, propofol is a powerful anesthetic used for surgery in hospital settings. (townhall.com)
Gave him propofol1
- The operating staff then gave him propofol. (abc57.com)
Effect of propofol1
- I am not aware of any primary effect of propofol on the lungs. (mjjcommunity.com)
Effects of propofol1
- Attorney J. Michael Flanagan told the judge on Wednesday that he had commissioned a study about the effects of propofol if swallowed, mainly to counter a study performed by a key prosecution expert who would have testified about the negligible effects of propofol if it is swallowed. (cbc.ca)
Addiction to propofol1
- The brother of the late King of Pop said he didn't think it was possible Michael could have hidden an addiction to propofol. (okmagazine.com)
- Prosecutors told the judge they were surprised by the new development and needed time to study the software programme used by Dr Paul White, a top expert on the anaesthetic propofol. (jamaica-gleaner.com)
- He stands accused of administering the powerful anaesthetic Propofol which killed the King of Pop in June (09), and he is due to back in court on 5 April (10), when a date for the pre-trial preliminary hearing will be set. (darkbb.com)
- Insight into the toxicology, review the autopsy results, and summary of the findings are provided from a forensic anesthesiologist's point of view. (omicsonline.org)
- As a forensic anesthesiologist, I will provide insight into the toxicology, review the autopsy results from a clinician's point of view, and interpret the findings. (omicsonline.org)
- R. J. Levy, "Clinical effects and lethal and forensic aspects of propofol," Journal of Forensic Sciences , vol. 56, no. 1, pp. (hindawi.com)
- The autopsy reports of all SIDS cases reported to the National Forensic Service and Seoul National University College of Medicine between 1996 and 2008 were reviewed for data collection and analysis to identify the risk factors for SIDS. (bvsalud.org)
- In a forensic point of view, this complication is hard to be diagnosed as a cause of death simply considering the result of autopsy findings without clinical information. (bvsalud.org)
- The LAPD confirmed that toxicology reports from Jackson's autopsy will be delayed another week, but preliminary results show the powerful anesthetic propofol was a contributing factor in the pop icon's death. (go.com)
- LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The claim by attorneys of Michael Jackson's doctor that the singer killed himself with an injection of the powerful anesthetic propofol is a "crazy scenario," a top anesthesiology expert testified Thursday. (reuters.com)
- He succumbed to respiratory arrest at his home in the Holmby Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA, from an overdose of propofol, a powerful, short-acting intravenously administered anesthetic, and a mix of pain killers and who knows what else. (guardianlv.com)
- They should reveal whether propofol, a powerful anesthetic not meant for use at home, was in Jackson's system at his time of death, and if so, whether the levels were lethal. (nbcnewyork.com)
- Comparison of GC/MS and LC/MS methods for the analysis of propofol and its metabolites in urine," Journal of Chromatography B , vol. 900, pp. 1-10, 2012. (hindawi.com)
- Review with the identified concepts and their concentrations obtained at autopsy reect antemortem urine concentrations. (childbirthsolutions.com)
- Lopez said that to his knowledge, his pharmacy had never sold propofol before. (abc7.com)
- An autopsy showed that he died of an overdose of the drug. (cbsnews.com)
- Both the Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration have asked hospitals to stop using Propofol after lots of the drug contained too many endotoxins, a bacteria that can cause reactions such as fever, shock and - at its most extreme - death. (abovetopsecret.com)
- Because of the strength of the drug and its fast-acting nature, it is necessary to monitor the patient's heart rate and breathing, as Propofol can suppress breathing to the point where a patient's heart stops. (idobi.com)
- 2nd when you give a drug such as propofol you have to be prepared for complications. (blogspot.com)
- Prosecutors can show jurors two images from Michael Jackson's autopsy during the involuntary manslaughter trial of the pop star's doctor, a judge ruled Thursday. (nbclosangeles.com)
- Deputy District Attorney David Walgren and Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor appeared surprised by the disclosure about propofol, which was not made in front of jurors. (cbc.ca)
- Flanagan represented one of a pair of nurses charged with killing a cancer patient who died after propofol was allegedly given without proper authorization by an anesthesiologist. (washingtontimes.com)
- I'm probably the only attorney in town that has successfully tried a propofol case involving death," Flanagan told TMZ earlier this month. (go.com)
- Flanagan said the study he commissioned confirmed that the effect of swallowing propofol would be 'trivial. (cbc.ca)