Political Systems: The units based on political theory and chosen by countries under which their governmental power is organized and administered to their citizens.Democracy: A system of government in which there is free and equal participation by the people in the political decision-making process.Politics: Activities concerned with governmental policies, functions, etc.Civil Rights: Legal guarantee protecting the individual from attack on personal liberties, right to fair trial, right to vote, and freedom from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin. (from http://www.usccr.gov/ accessed 1/31/2003)Freedom: The rights of individuals to act and make decisions without external constraints.Religion and ScienceCultural Evolution: The continuous developmental process of a culture from simple to complex forms and from homogeneous to heterogeneous qualities.Persuasive Communication: A mode of communication concerned with inducing or urging the adoption of certain beliefs, theories, or lines of action by others.Public Opinion: The attitude of a significant portion of a population toward any given proposition, based upon a measurable amount of factual evidence, and involving some degree of reflection, analysis, and reasoning.Social Change: Social process whereby the values, attitudes, or institutions of society, such as education, family, religion, and industry become modified. It includes both the natural process and action programs initiated by members of the community.Health Policy: Decisions, usually developed by government policymakers, for determining present and future objectives pertaining to the health care system.Periodicals as Topic: A publication issued at stated, more or less regular, intervals.Bibliometrics: The use of statistical methods in the analysis of a body of literature to reveal the historical development of subject fields and patterns of authorship, publication, and use. Formerly called statistical bibliography. (from The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)Publishing: "The business or profession of the commercial production and issuance of literature" (Webster's 3d). It includes the publisher, publication processes, editing and editors. Production may be by conventional printing methods or by electronic publishing.Journal Impact Factor: A quantitative measure of the frequency on average with which articles in a journal have been cited in a given period of time.Newspapers: Publications printed and distributed daily, weekly, or at some other regular and usually short interval, containing news, articles of opinion (as editorials and letters), features, advertising, and announcements of current interest. (Webster's 3d ed)Authorship: The profession of writing. Also the identity of the writer as the creator of a literary production.History, 20th Century: Time period from 1901 through 2000 of the common era.PubMed: A bibliographic database that includes MEDLINE as its primary subset. It is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. PubMed, which is searchable through NLM's Web site, also includes access to additional citations to selected life sciences journals not in MEDLINE, and links to other resources such as the full-text of articles at participating publishers' Web sites, NCBI's molecular biology databases, and PubMed Central.Biomedical Research: Research that involves the application of the natural sciences, especially biology and physiology, to medicine.Journalism, Medical: The collection, writing, and editing of current interest material on topics related to biomedicine for presentation through the mass media, including newspapers, magazines, radio, or television, usually for a public audience such as health care consumers.United StatesMEDLINE: The premier bibliographic database of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLINE® (MEDLARS Online) is the primary subset of PUBMED and can be searched on NLM's Web site in PubMed or the NLM Gateway. MEDLINE references are indexed with MEDICAL SUBJECT HEADINGS (MeSH).Publications: Copies of a work or document distributed to the public by sale, rental, lease, or lending. (From ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983, p181)Databases, Bibliographic: Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of references and citations to books, articles, publications, etc., generally on a single subject or specialized subject area. Databases can operate through automated files, libraries, or computer disks. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, FACTUAL which is used for collections of data and facts apart from bibliographic references to them.Research Design: A plan for collecting and utilizing data so that desired information can be obtained with sufficient precision or so that an hypothesis can be tested properly.Evidence-Based Medicine: An approach of practicing medicine with the goal to improve and evaluate patient care. It requires the judicious integration of best research evidence with the patient's values to make decisions about medical care. This method is to help physicians make proper diagnosis, devise best testing plan, choose best treatment and methods of disease prevention, as well as develop guidelines for large groups of patients with the same disease. (from JAMA 296 (9), 2006)BangladeshNational Socialism: The doctrines and policies of the Nazis or the National Social German Workers party, which ruled Germany under Adolf Hitler from 1933-1945. These doctrines and policies included racist nationalism, expansionism, and state control of the economy. (from Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. and American Heritage College Dictionary, 3d ed.)Love: Affection; in psychiatry commonly refers to pleasure, particularly as it applies to gratifying experiences between individuals.Sociobiology: The comparative study of social organization in animals including humans, especially with regard to its genetic basis and evolutionary history. (Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed)Local Government: Smallest political subdivisions within a country at which general governmental functions are carried-out.Police: Agents of the law charged with the responsibility of maintaining and enforcing law and order among the citizenry.Magic: Beliefs and practices concerned with producing desired results through supernatural forces or agents as with the manipulation of fetishes or rituals.Rape: Unlawful sexual intercourse without consent of the victim.United States Health Resources and Services Administration: A component of the PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE that provides leadership related to the delivery of health services and the requirements for and distribution of health resources, including manpower training.Financing, Construction: Funding resources and procedures for capital improvement or the construction of facilities.NebraskaPropaganda: The deliberate attempt to influence attitudes and beliefs for furthering one's cause or damaging an opponent's cause.Floods: Sudden onset water phenomena with different speed of occurrence. These include flash floods, seasonal river floods, and coastal floods, associated with CYCLONIC STORMS; TIDALWAVES; and storm surges.Health Care Reform: Innovation and improvement of the health care system by reappraisal, amendment of services, and removal of faults and abuses in providing and distributing health services to patients. It includes a re-alignment of health services and health insurance to maximum demographic elements (the unemployed, indigent, uninsured, elderly, inner cities, rural areas) with reference to coverage, hospitalization, pricing and cost containment, insurers' and employers' costs, pre-existing medical conditions, prescribed drugs, equipment, and services.Denial (Psychology): Refusal to admit the truth or reality of a situation or experience.Intellectual Property: Property, such as patents, trademarks, and copyright, that results from creative effort. The Patent and Copyright Clause (Art. 1, Sec. 8, cl. 8) of the United States Constitution provides for promoting the progress of science and useful arts by securing for limited times to authors and inventors, the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries. (From Black's Law Dictionary, 5th ed, p1014)Commerce: The interchange of goods or commodities, especially on a large scale, between different countries or between populations within the same country. It includes trade (the buying, selling, or exchanging of commodities, whether wholesale or retail) and business (the purchase and sale of goods to make a profit). (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed, p411, p2005 & p283)Borneo: An island in the Malay Archipelago, east of Sumatra, north of Java, and west of Celebes. It is the third largest island in the world. Its name is a Portuguese alteration of BRUNEI, located on it. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p163; Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p73)International Cooperation: The interaction of persons or groups of persons representing various nations in the pursuit of a common goal or interest.Theropithecus: A genus of Old World monkeys of the subfamily CERCOPITHECINAE, family CERCOPITHECIDAE, that inhabits the mountainous regions of Ethiopia. The genus consists of only one species, Theropithecus gelada.Trager duck spleen necrosis virus: A species in the group RETICULOENDOTHELIOSIS VIRUSES, AVIAN of the genus GAMMARETROVIRUS originally isolated from ducks.Egypt: A country in northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Libya and the Gaza Strip, and the Red Sea north of Sudan, and includes the Asian Sinai Peninsula Its capital is Cairo.Islam: A monotheistic religion promulgated by the Prophet Mohammed with Allah as the deity.PakistanReligion and Medicine: The interrelationship of medicine and religion.Arabs: Members of a Semitic people inhabiting the Arabian peninsula or other countries of the Middle East and North Africa. The term may be used with reference to ancient, medieval, or modern ethnic or cultural groups. (From Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
Development of Australian democracy. Main article: Suffrage in Australia. South Australian suffragist Catherine Helen ... Main article: Australian gold rushes. The discovery of gold, beginning in 1851 first at Bathurst in New South Wales and then in ... Main article: Federation of Australia. The 1890s depression (the most severe Australia had ever faced) made the inefficiencies ... "Documenting Democracy". Archived from the original on 3 December 2010. Retrieved 21 April 2011.. ...
CUHK democracy wall tensions. Main article: CUHK democracy wall standoff. In September 2017, tensions arose between ... Main article: Moral and national education. Moral and national education (MNE, 德育及國民教育; 德育及国民教育) is a school curriculum ... Main article: One-way permit. Since the handover, The scheme, which allows 150 mainlanders a day to come to Hong Kong and Macau ... Main article: PRC United Front strategy. Since 1997, Hong Kong is a part of China under the "one country, two systems" approach ...
Workplace democracy. Main article: Workplace democracy. Workplace democracy is the application of democracy in all its ... All articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases. *Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from ... Main article: Employment contract. Australia. Australian employment has been governed by the Fair Work Act since 2009.[25 ... Wolff, Richard D. (2012). Democracy at Work: A Cure for Capitalism. Haymarket Books. ISBN 978-1-60846-247-6. .. ...
He is a lecturer and trade unionist at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University and an author of books (Dream? Democracy! ), articles ... Dream? Democracy! A Philosophy of Horror, Hope & Hospitality in Art & Action, Lublin: Maria Curie-Sklodowska Press, 2014 (table ... "Wydawnictwo UMCS ::: DREAM? DEMOCRACY! A Philosophy of Horror, Hope & Hospitality in Art & Action - Tomasz Kitlinski". ... New York: New York University Press, 2001  Sociologist Eric Fassin on Kitlinski's article, co-authored with Joe Lockard and ...
Article 19 (1989). In the shadow of Buendia: the mass media and censorship in Mexico (2nd ed.). University of Michigan. p. 114 ... "Mexico: Journalist Carlos Domínguez Rodríguez Murdered in Nuevo Laredo". Democracy Now!. Retrieved 2018-01-22. "Human rights ... Article 19 1989, p. 85. Rojas Alba, Mario. "LIST OF JOURNALISTS WHO HAVE SUFFERED HUMAN-RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN MEXICO. II/II". ... Article 19 1989, p. 7. Moncada 1991, p. 125. (subscription required) "En Matamoros todos conocen a los asesinos, pero se ...
"Aristide related articles". Democracy Now!. Archived from the original on 21 July 2006. Retrieved 21 July 2006. Steve Miller; ... article in Quebec news magazine L'actualité. In the article, he claims that the officials at the conference wanted to see ... Note: first page of this article is missing from The Washington Post website, but can be found here Juan O. Tamayo (1 March ... PBS NewsHour coverage The Week of War - The final week of Jean Bertrand Aristide -Naomi Klein's article in The Nation A ...
"Health News & Articles - Healthy Living - ABC News". ABC News. Retrieved 25 December 2014. ABC News. "Sierra Leone Official: ... "8th Doctor Infected with Ebola in Sierra Leone; Burial Workers Dump Corpses in Protest over Pay". Democracy Now!. Retrieved 4 ...
Article is also found here and here. "Mexico's democratic lifeline". Sergio Aguayo Quezada. Open Democracy, UK. 12 September ... The article also has an El Universal photo of the garbage dump. His July 8 article has a La Jornada photo of three completed ... article 223). Voting stopped at 6 pm or whenever anyone who was in line to vote at 6 pm was done voting (article 224); the poll ... as described in Article 33 of the constitution of Mexico. John Ross, in an April 6, 2006 article, writes: "The IFE's Ugalde, ...
The SNS politician slapped Matovič saying she disliked an article written by him. The party under the leadership of Ján Slota ... In that year it formed a coalition with Robert Fico's Direction - Social Democracy (Smer-SD), which resulted in suspension of ... Kristina Mikulova's (Financial Times) article on the pages of CEPA Archived 20 February 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Mudde, Cas ... Extreme nationalist P. Ramet, Sabrina (1997). Whose democracy?: nationalism, religion, and the doctrine of collective rights in ...
Democracy Now! interview November 14, 2002 CNN.com article on Agnelli's death. ...
Main article: Transition to the New Order. Background. See also: Guided Democracy in Indonesia ... Main article: Early life and career of Suharto. World War II and Japanese occupation. See also: Japanese occupation of ... Main article: Early life and career of Suharto. Suharto was born on 8 June 1921 during the Dutch East Indies era, in a plaited- ... Suharto sued the magazine seeking more than $US 27 billion in damages for libel over the article. On 10 September 2007, ...
Eaton, Tracey (2002-02-23). "Cuban ham radio operator makes friends around world (free article preview)". Dallas Morning News ... "Cuba Conversations - Arnaldo Coro Antich". Democracy Now!. 1998-01-12. Archived from the original on 2007-04-11. Audio of ...
Deliberative Democracy Consortium. 11 (1): article 10. "21 to attend Boys' State, Girls' State". Lawrence Journal-World. Dolph ... 2005). Democracy at risk how political choices undermine citizen participation and what we can do about it. Washington, D.C.: ... He and Mendelburg have also had op-ed articles published in a wide variety of newspapers. He has also done extensive research ... He is also an associate director of Brigham Young University's Center for the Study of Elections and Democracy. He co-authored ...
"About us". Democracy for America. 2008. Archived from the original on December 22, 2008. Retrieved December 22, 2008. Robert ... A 2014 Washington Examiner article claimed "A PAC called 21st Century Democrats has raised $5.3 million since 2009, but not a ... The group has ties to Democracy for America, which grew out of Howard Dean's presidential campaign. In 2009, 21st Century ... Democracy for America "21st Century Democrats". Archived from the original on September 26, 2010. Retrieved October 10, 2010. ...
"Saakashvili's party names four presidential candidates". Democracy & Freedom Watch. June 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2013. " ... in Georgian) Articles by Zurab Japaridze. ...
"David Rutley MP". BBC Democracy Live. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2010. http://www.davidrutley.org.uk/about-David "David Rutley MP ... http://www.ukwhoswho.com/view/article/oupww/whoswho/U251618 "No. 59418". The London Gazette. 13 May 2010. p. 8740. " ... ". Democracy Live. BBC. Retrieved 7 February 2011. http://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2014/07/reshuffle-continued-the- ...
"Is Georgia a part of, or apart from, the Open Government Partnership?". Democracy & Freedom Watch. December 3, 2011. "Ricks of ... "Georgian Law on Broadcasting (Article 40)" (PDF). Georgian National Communications Commission. December 23, 2004. "Georgians ... "So what about the NATO-Georgia relation?". Democracy & Freedom Watch. May 21, 2012. "NGOs' proposal: concrete step towards fair ... "Is Georgia's government still trying to improve the investment climate?". Democracy & Freedom Watch. February 2, 2012. " ...
"Switzerland's Direct Democracy". "Canadians for Direct Democracy". "US Constitution Article 2 Section 1". Missing or empty ,url ... which makes Switzerland the closest example of a direct democracy in the world today. In definition, a direct democracy is the ... Details and rules for the compensation of the U.S presidency can be found in the United States Constitution under Article II, ... "U.S. Constitution, Article II". "3 USC § 15 - COUNTING ELECTORAL VOTES IN CONGRESS". "VP compensation". POTUS salary and ...
Social Democracy and After. 22. "Reformism Yesterday and Social Democracy Today". Socialist Register. 22. December 1985. ... A revolution that shook a doctrine," Monthly Review (1970). Institut Marcel Liebman Articles in French. ... "The Crisis of Belgian Social Democracy". Socialist Register. 3. 1966. "Israel, Palestine and Zionism". Socialist Register. 7. ... Liebman, Marcel; Miliband, Ralph (December 1985). "Beyond Social Democracy". Socialist Register. 22. "Trotsky assassiné," La ...
Main article: Parish councils in England. Every civil parish has a parish meeting, which all the electors of the parish are ... an example of direct democracy. Alternatively several small parishes can be grouped together and share a common parish council ... This section needs to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. (March ... This article is about civil parishes in England. For civil parishes in other countries, see Civil parish (disambiguation). ...
Democracy Now! From Tree-Hugger to Terrorist 2002 New York Times article about Luers. A support site (Free "Free" Now) ... He was interviewed by Amy Goodman on Democracy Now! about a week later and spoke about his sentencing, time in prison, and ...
"Demolition of Democracy Wall criticized." South China Morning Post, 2007. p.4. Full Text article available at http://www. ... The Triangle, also known as a democracy wall was "a wall of bulletin boards erected around a triangle of land in the centre of ... The Monument to the People's Heroes became "the center stage as cries for democracy were pasted and broadcast from it during ... Han Minzhu (1990). Cries for Democracy. Princeton University Press. Han Minzhu, p. 49. Han Minzhu, p. 61. Han Minzhu, p.61. Han ...
Cyborg Democracy. Support for pro-choice Argentine judge (translation from La Nación newspaper article). Human Life ...
Taiwan Journal of Democracy. Vol 1, No. 2: 1-23. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-22. ARTICLE ... Abraham Ben-Zvi (December 2005). "The Limits of Israel's Democracy in the Shadow of Security" (PDF). ... National Security and Democracy in Israel. Lynne Riener Publishers. p. 175. ISBN 1-55587-394-4. Baruch Bracha. "Restriction of ...
Full article Archived 18 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Nathan & Gilley, p. 42 Sisci, Francesco (9 November 2005). " ... Although in the early years of his tenure Hu attempted to pioneer a form of "intraparty democracy" that called for greater ... In addition, Hu noted the need for "increased democracy" in the country. Early in his presidency, Hu faced an independence- ... In 1987, Hu Jintao handled the local students protest parallel to the Democracy Wall carefully, whereas in Beijing similar ...
"Your Article Library. Retrieved 15 November 2017.. *^ a b Nimura, K. The Formation of Japanese Labor Movement: 1868-1914 ( ... Trade unions and workplace democracy in Africa (Routledge, 2016).. *Kjellberg, Anders. "The Decline in Swedish Union Density ... Main article: List of trade unions in Belgium. With 65% of the workers belonging to a union Belgium is a country with one of ... Main article: Trade unions in Colombia. Until around 1990 Colombian trade unions were among the strongest in Latin America. ...
Democracy R.I.P - The prospect of democracy as universal religion must remain forever chimerical. In Bangladesh, the two ... dynasties that practiced an ersatz democracy are being politically ostracized by the military-backed government. The move has ... Most Popular Articles by this Author: (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author). The Body of William Jay. On Being a ... Dyers article ends inevitably with the two quotes from Churchill: (1) "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute ...
American democracy is in terrible trouble - Two bills were introduced yesterday to fix the Protect America Act but only the ... Most Popular Articles by this Author: (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author). The most recent FISA bill. Does America ... American democracy is in terrible trouble. By Michael Chavers (Page 1 of 2 pages) Permalink ... Related Topic(s): Constitution In Crisis; Constitution The; Constitutional Rights; Democracy, Add Tags Add to My Group(s) View ...
... research articles, books, anthologies, chapter in books, reports and student theses. Contact Us ...
... intersected various times with the countrys pro-democracy movement until his final imprisonment in 2008. ... 1978 DEMOCRACY WALL - Citizens are briefly allowed to call for political and intellectual freedoms. Liu is a student of Chinese ... 1998 DEMOCRACY PARTY OF CHINA - Efforts to form an opposition party result in several arrests and lengthy sentences for ... 2008 CHARTER 08 - Liu joins other activists in drafting a call for greater freedom and democracy and an end to one-party rule. ...
"Fascists everywhere will love this article, anyone in favour of democracy will shake their head and sigh." ... Funny how fascism creeps into a democracy. Isnt it...... 11:14 AM, August 25, 2009 Adrian said... Davids absolutely right. ... The linked article is pretty primitive. Determinism vs free will is scarcely a new debate spawned by new research: it is ... Then I talked to someone who could hear my question without being offended and who steered me to some great articles.. I had to ...
Article Title. East Germany and Hungary move toward democracy Author. History.com Editors ... https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/east-germany-and-hungary-move-toward-democracy ...
Have IMF lending programs undermined political democracy in borrowing countries? Building on the extensive literature on ... About this article. CrossMark Cite this article as: Nelson, S.C. & Wallace, G.P.R. Rev Int Organ (2017) 12: 523. https://doi. ... Schmitter, P. C., & Karl, T. L. (1991). What democracy is… is not. Journal of Democracy, 2(3), 75-88.CrossRefGoogle Scholar ... Przeworski, A., Alvarez, M., Cheibub, J. A., & Limongi, F. (1996). What makes democracies endure? Journal of Democracy, 7, 39- ...
Popular articles, stories & photos for March 01, 2007 in the Los Angeles Times news archives, including an extensive archive ... Democracy vs. culture. *. My link to Strom Thurmond By Al Sharpton Jr, The Rev. AL SHARPTON JR. is a civil rights activist and ... Workplace democracy. *. Slaverys strange links Al Sharpton Jr., The Rev. AL SHARPTON JR. is a civil rights activist and ...
Or unlock all Premium articles.. Free for 30 days, then just £1 per week ... Start a 30-day free trial for unlimited access to Premium articles. ... the independent media and democracy is often under siege. ... Follow the author of this article. * Nicola Smith Follow the ...
... citing insecurity amid rising Sunni-Shiite tensions that underscore a jittery democracys vulnerability to the violence ... Lebanon is often hailed as a rare beacon of democracy in the Arab world, but it is a dysfunctional democracy at best. Since ... Is sectarian strife in Mideast dimming Lebanons beacon of democracy? Lebanons parliament extended its mandate again, citing ... A small group of democracy campaigners did stage a noisy demonstration in central Beirut Tuesday and attempted to block ...
Paul Ryan has come up with a nifty way to deal with pesky voters who have the gall to disagree with him: Charge em - 15 bucks a pop - to talk to him at town hall meetings. What was that quaint thing Lincoln said about government of, by and for the people?
To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up to receive the latest updates from TomDispatch.com here. ... "democracy" we installed in Afghanistan turns out to be a democracy of cash-filled bags and suitcases. ...
... the struggle to promote democracy in the Arab world, and a radical conservation theory in the Netherlands. ... The five most recent Christian Science articles with a spiritual perspective.. Every Monday ... New democracies are not blank slates, writes Ms. Berman. In the aftermath of overthrowing dictators, countries must overcome ... This weeks good reads include a day in Kenyas bustling Kibera slum, the struggle to promote democracy in the Arab world, and ...
Transition to Democracy. Even more impressive than the recovery of the economy is the success of Indonesias transition to ... Even in the 1950s democracy was never as firmly rooted and stable as it has now become. In a very real sense Indonesia has now ... Islam, Democracy, and the Indonesian Psyche. In 2007 PPIM published a survey report entitled "Attitudes, Behaviour and ... By 2007 many of the things that have been so long awaited -democracy, stable and accountable government, the ending of large- ...
Popular articles, stories & photos for February 17, 1993 in the Los Angeles Times news archives, including an extensive archive ... DEMOCRACY WATCH : Commons Touch. *. Valley District Backers Support Roberti Bill HENRY CHU and TRACEY KAPLAN, TIMES STAFF ...
Articles * 1 Rescued Child Sex Workers in India Reveal Hidden Cells in Brothels ... This is the second trial I have suffered in which democracy has sat with me in the dock, she said, choking back tears as she ... A defiant President Dilma Rousseff warned on Monday that her conservative opponents were trampling on Brazils democracy by ...
We must stand up for our democracy, Clinton said during a tribute to retiring Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, referring ... Articles * 1 Separatists Attack Cameroon Police * 2 EU to Netanyahu: Jerusalem Must be Capital of Two States ...
Boehner confuses extortion with democracy. House Speaker John Boehner insists all thats needed to reopen the U.S. government ... Related "Organized Crime" Articles. Crime Three Maryland men indicted on charges of trafficking fentanyl provided by Mexican ...
This article was taken from the January issue of Wired UK magazine. Be the first to read Wireds articles in print before ... Monday briefing: Online disinformation is a threat to UK democracy, say MPs ... Read other articles from the Rebooting Britain series - Tax people back into the cities - Teach kids to see in four dimensions ... This article was first published in the January 2010 issue of WIRED magazine. View issue ...
Sign up for our DAILY or WEEKLY newsletters - and never miss out on the amazing news and comment articles we publish, day in ... This article was first published by the Organic Consumers Association under the the title Food Fights, Corporate Trade ... Crushing local democracy with Corporate Trade Agreements. Fearing the spread of citizen activism, ballot initiative and ... The views expressed in the articles published on this site may not necessarily reflect those of the trust, its trustees or its ...
Editors Note: This article first appeared in Spektrum der Wissenschaft, Scientific Americans sister publication, as "Digitale ... Now, however, we have the chance to choose the path to digital democracy or democracy 2.0, which would benefit us all (see also ... Will Democracy Survive Big Data and Artificial Intelligence?. We are in the middle of a technological upheaval that will ... A democracy cannot work well unless those rights are respected. If they are constrained, this undermines our constitution, our ...
Nancy Pelosi said in her statement calling on the House to draft articles of impeachment: "Our democracy is what is at stake. ... Who is it again whos threatening our democracy? The Democrats believe that the 2020 election is too important to be left to ... Two things happened simultaneously on Wednesday: (a) The House of Representatives transmitted to the Senate two articles of ... Two things happened simultaneously on Wednesday: (a) The House of Representatives transmitted to the Senate two articles of ...
Article Browser. Rand Paul Slams the Bidens over Alleged Corruption: It Smells to High Heaven ... EDITORS NOTE: The following article is excerpted from Dinesh DSouzas new book, Hillarys America: The Secret History of the ... EDITORS NOTE: The following article is excerpted from Dinesh DSouzas new book, Hillarys America: The Secret History of the ... Upon the long-anticipated transmittal of the articles of impeachment to the Senate, House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler said ...
Print this article Share via email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Show more Bookmark this article Share on Facebook ... Share via email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Show more Bookmark this article Share on Facebook facebook ... Related articles:. OPINION Bryan Gould: Kiwis scoffing at US politics on shaky ground. 15 Dec, 2015 9:46am ... Democracy is necessarily at times a messy and discomfiting business. But when such care is taken to deny it, we should be truly ...
... director of a new documentary on direct democracy, started with the idea of showing the attraction of Switzerlands political ... Reuse article * See in other languages: 7 See in other languages: 7 Languages: 7 ... T.I.: This system of government will never be perfect and Im not sure whether what happens in the name of direct democracy is ... swissinfo.ch: You are a staunch supporter of direct democracy. In your film you say the Swiss are a happy nation because they ...
2017Participatory democracyStableLatin AmericaDemocraticCentreDeliberative DemocracyMovementCitizensThreat2002Parliamentary democracyPoliticalLiberalDictatorsCampaigners1998China'sBrazil'sCountry'sLong awaitedNewsBroaderDysfunctionalINSTITUTIONSStrongerCountriesProtestsSwissinfo.ch2001Participation1996Turkey'sNonviolenceImpeachmentJournal of DemocrCenter for Media20191978TaiwanHistory of democrQuality of democracyFreedom and democracyElectionsChinese DemocracyEuromaidanDirect democracyTowards democracyRepresentative democracyAfricaHuman rightsContentEconomicDefiningRhetoricWorkSustainable developmentMakeGovernmentAuthorOppositionArabParliamentPeople
- Through this extraordinary transnational means of participatory democracy, every single inhabitant of the EU has the concrete chance to collaborate with the institutions. (swissinfo.ch)
- Finally, you are looking at work usually fuelled by the belief that participatory democracy needs diverse expression. (documentary.org)
- As post-Arab Spring countries struggle to establish democratic institutions, pessimism about their ultimate success misses a broader lesson: Stable democracies have historically evolved from violent uprisings, initial failures, and stumbling blocks. (csmonitor.com)
- By 2007 many of the things that have been so long awaited -democracy, stable and accountable government, the ending of large-scale conflict, greater [End Page autonomy and a fairer share of resources for the regions, freedom of the press, legislative reform, and the withdrawal of the military from politics -had finally come. (jhu.edu)
- Civil society is the oxygen of world's most vibrant and stable democracies. (kuenselonline.com)
- This year's theme is an important reminder that the hallmark of successful and stable democracies is the presence of a strong and freely operating civil society. (kuenselonline.com)
- Here is a list of the key propositions Downs attempts to prove in chapter eight: A two-party democracy cannot provide stable and effective government unless there is a large measure of ideological consensus among its citizens. (wikipedia.org)
- Should the grand coalition take the helm, as expected, the parliament of affluent and economically stable Germany would confront the same type of divisiveness that, by shifting power to the fringes and shrinking the political center, has weakened democracy in other countries. (project-syndicate.org)
- are not a bug but a feature - not signs of problems with democracy but evidence of the difficult, messy process of political development through which societies purge themselves of the vestiges of dictatorship and construct new and better democratic orders," writes Sheri Berman in Foreign Affairs . (csmonitor.com)
- We must stand up for our democracy,' Clinton said during a tribute to retiring Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, referring to what she called 'the epidemic of malicious fake news and false propaganda that flooded social media over the past year. (voanews.com)
- Democracy is of the people, for the people and by the people," enunciated Lincoln, stressing the importance of single citizens in the building of a full democratic dimension. (swissinfo.ch)
- Should they do so, it could damage the entirety of Eastern Europe's democratic prospects for years to come: once again, Ukraine would be held up as an example of how attempts to establish democracy in the former Soviet Union can only lead to poverty and disarray. (carnegieendowment.org)
- Ankara's attempts to make democracy promotion a focus of its foreign policy have had only limited success, in part because Turkey is losing credibility as a democratic model. (carnegieendowment.org)
- Until the mid-2000s, democracy mainly figured into Turkish foreign policy as part of debates with the West, in particular the European Union, on Turkey's own democratic transition and consolidation. (carnegieendowment.org)
- Ankara's domestic democratic record was and continues to be an important issue in its relations with Western democracies. (carnegieendowment.org)
- A democracy, or rather a liberal democratic political culture, is not simply about elections every four or five years and a worthy court in Strasbourg which is able to deal with some of the worst excesses. (globalissues.org)
- Sen. Barack Obama (D-Illinois), a frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination, is hailed as a visionary for invoking Deliberative Democracy. (fee.org)
- In 2001 they received a grant from the NED "To promote nonviolence and democracy through the training of Palestinian students and educators from Jerusalem schools, and by broadcasting bi-weekly radio programs on non-violent conflict resolution, rule of law, and democratic development. (sourcewatch.org)
- Without an explicit call for more democracy, however, there is an implied endorsement of the current system, which not only has democratic deficits, but seems incapable of delivering accelerated climate action. (opendemocracy.net)
- In the hope that Occupy Democracy can extend beyond the green square they are occupying, protesters hope to stay where they are until Sunday, taking part in discussions on everything from the NHS to the climate, the economy and our democratic system as a whole. (newstatesman.com)
- Supporting democracy and democratic engagement worldwide is one of the core concerns of the international work of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. (boell.de)
- Undeniably, there is a clear nexus between democracy, governance and conflicts with the lion share of the continent's peace and security problems arising out of deficits in democratic governance. (africanews.com)
- Many previous studies presented the "Orange Revolution" as a democratic revolution that transformed Ukraine from semi-democracy or competitive authoritarianism to democracy. (ssrn.com)
- The Bright Line Watch surveys consist of a two-part list of more than 25 statements of democratic principles that contribute to the overall stability and performance of American democracy. (phys.org)
- The first part asks citizens and experts to rate these democratic principles on how vital they are for democracy. (phys.org)
- An election, by itself, does not create democracy or implant a democratic culture. (mediamonitors.net)
- UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon, in his message on the International Democracy Day this year says, "As the United Nations continues to work towards a democratic, pluralistic future for all, the State and civil society can and should be partners in building the future people want. (kuenselonline.com)
- Bhutan is a relatively young democracy but, breathing life into the democratic foundation. (kuenselonline.com)
- Taiwan has helped form the Democratic Pacific Union (DPU) to foster the deepening of democracy, primarily among Pacific Rim nations, reports Pat Byrne . (newsweekly.com.au)
- Taiwan is much more economically developed than China, and its emergence as a democracy - with different aspirations from earlier intentions of unification with a democratic China - is considered an affront by the Chinese Communist Party. (newsweekly.com.au)
- Deliberative Democracy" is the latest fix from the halls of academia. (fee.org)
- Deliberative Democracy is different things to different people-but the common thread is that we will gather and be coached on how to discuss politics. (fee.org)
- Deliberative Democracy is a favorite of Ivy League professors and editorial writers. (fee.org)
- In one sense, Obama's comment is typical of the rhetorical clouds that blanket the landscape when Deliberative Democracy is raised. (fee.org)
- Gay marriage is perhaps the preeminent contemporary issue for Deliberative-Democracy advocates. (fee.org)
- Writing in 1993, Gutmann, now president of the University of Pennsylvania, declared, "Deliberative democracy legitimates the collective judgment resulting from deliberative procedures. (fee.org)
- Public reason" is the key to Deliberative Democracy. (fee.org)
- The career of Liu Xiaobo, China's most prominent political prisoner who died Thursday, intersected various times with the country's pro-democracy movement until his final imprisonment in 2008. (samoaobserver.ws)
- Below is a look at milestones in the drive for greater Chinese political freedom, openness and accountability beginning with the 1978 democracy movement up to the present day, along with Liu's role. (samoaobserver.ws)
- 1989 TIANANMEN SQUARE PROTESTS - Massive student-led pro-democracy movement is crushed by the army. (samoaobserver.ws)
- a populist movement called the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD). (britannica.com)
- to form their own, the Botswana Movement for Democracy (BMD), in 2010. (britannica.com)
- The Democracy Movement consists of only new candidates. (grapevine.is)
- The Democracy Movement proposes a system where the nation can actively participate in Parliament. (grapevine.is)
- The Democracy Movement believes we can amplify the problem even further by announcing a policy for the next four years in such a matter that demands a speedy process and constant circumstantial change. (grapevine.is)
- Emerging out of a loose coalition of forces concerned about corporations controlling most of what Americans see, hear and read, the conference showcased a movement that has reached a new level of breadth and sophistication, and that sees its mission as safeguarding democracy. (peoplesworld.org)
- WHEN THE two-year-old New Democracy Movement (YDH) became Turkey's 23rd officially registered political party last December, pundits predicted it would quickly rise to the upper reaches of the list. (highbeam.com)
- They are rushing their impeachment, in part, because they know that as November 2020 approaches, it becomes steadily less tenable to portray the man who wants to run in an election as the threat to democracy and the people who want to stop him as its champions. (nationalreview.com)
- The Minority in Parliament has said the reason for wearing mourning clothes to the State of the Nation Address is to mourn the country's democracy, which is under threat from the Majority. (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- If people no longer care about the news, or they don't trust it, or if they are getting poor-quality information, it poses a fundamental threat to the health of our democracy and its ability to function," she said. (rand.org)
- In 1950 the hurriedly written temporary 1945 constitution was replaced with a new constitution, also meant to be temporary, that marked a shift from presidential to parliamentary democracy. (jhu.edu)
- In Parliamentary Democracy, the Minority would have their say, the Majority would have their way. (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Have IMF lending programs undermined political democracy in borrowing countries? (springer.com)
- Thomas Isler, director of a new documentary on direct democracy, started with the idea of showing the attraction of Switzerland's political model for rightwing populist movements in Europe. (swissinfo.ch)
- The political-intellectual elite fear that millions of Americans will conclude that the current democracy is a fraud-that they are being given bogus choices at the ballot box-and that the phrase "will of the people" now means as little as "the check is in the mail. (fee.org)
- Despite this political and popular rhetoric of racial democracy, Brazilian officials and elites continued to valorise 'whiteness' and 'whitening' as physical and cultural characteristics. (opendemocracy.net)
- All over the world, people are campaigning for democracy, for political, economic and cultural rights, for a democratically organized community. (boell.de)
- The presidential candidate Valentín Panigua who represents the political party Frente de Centro declared that he could do an alliance with other parties with the aim of prevailing democracy over authoritarianism. (livinginperu.com)
- This paper examines the political system, attitudes towards democracy, and their determinants in Ukraine before, during and after the "Euromaidan. (ssrn.com)
- The related research question is to what extent political values in Ukraine are supportive of democracy. (ssrn.com)
- A number of major survey-based academic studies, conducted primarily before the "Orange Revolution," concluded that mass political values in Ukraine were generally supportive of democracy, and that they did not preclude emergence of a consolidated democracy. (ssrn.com)
- Democracy was often regarded as the most likely future path of political development of this post-Soviet state. (ssrn.com)
- It analyzes effects of political party preferences, regional historical legacies, religion, ethnicity, and other factors on pro-democracy views. (ssrn.com)
- Most political scientists agree that democracy now needs to seek its roots and that the current representative system is outdated that does not suit the needs of the modern information society. (grapevine.is)
- What's clear already, however, is that both the public's and political experts' perceptions of the health of US democracy clearly declined during this period. (phys.org)
- After all, I argued, just as the press plays an important role in the conversation of democracy, so does political satire. (baltimoresun.com)
- Yet the diverging narratives of Europeanism and neo-nationalism are both too unspecific to resolve Europe's crucial challenges when it comes to what Dani Rodrik terms the 'political trilemma of globalisation' 3 - the supposedly impossible task of reconciling the three goals of democracy, national self-determination and economic globalization. (eurozine.com)
- When South Sudan's fledgling democracy suddenly unraveled in December, what started as political infighting within the country's ruling party quickly ripped along ethnic fault lines, often pitting neighbors against each other according to the tribal markings on their faces. (americamagazine.org)
- 2 Kerbo and others have focused on movements in affluent times, especially those developing in advanced democracies with expanding welfare provisions and well-established political parties and representative institutions. (eurozine.com)
- An Economic Theory of Democracy is a political science treatise written by Anthony Downs, published in 1957. (wikipedia.org)
- But, as Simon Kaye explains in this article, the relationship between democracy and ignorance is extremely complicated, and calls for sophisticated political analysis. (lse.ac.uk)
- Democracy, the doctrine of equal political rights for all, cannot be sustained in the face of such radically unequal access to economic opportunity. (businesslive.co.za)
- Eventually he expects a much more liberal democracy there, and to see true democracies sprouting in other Muslim countries because people living there are learning about the possibilities of self-governance through the explosion of the Internet. (rferl.org)
- It can be argued that the high point of in the development liberal-democracy was during the Cold War. (globalissues.org)
- 1) During this period liberal-democracy had to have some substance, some tangible reality in opposition to Soviet-style communism. (globalissues.org)
- There was no guarantee that liberal democracy as we had known it would survive. (globalissues.org)
- Is the delivery of human rights a consequential outcome of liberal democracy? (boell.de)
- The study also discusses implications of its findings for the prospects for liberal democracy in Ukraine and for the conflict between the West and Russia over Ukraine. (ssrn.com)
- A small group of democracy campaigners did stage a noisy demonstration in central Beirut Tuesday and attempted to block lawmakers' vehicles from reaching parliament. (csmonitor.com)
- T.I.: I met a great many people in Switzerland, but also in Germany, Austria and France, who are democracy campaigners collecting signatures or simply protesting in the streets. (swissinfo.ch)
- China responds with fury, but the award renews awareness of the struggle of China's pro-democracy activists. (samoaobserver.ws)
- Mussolini and Hitler came to power through elections, a heavy lesson for Western democracy," China's Global Times warns. (nymag.com)
- 1 Retired U.S. general Wesley Clark points out that China "has rejected both the move toward democracy and the acceptance of human and civil rights that Americans had hoped would emerge from China's astonishing economic rise. (jhu.edu)
- For the time being, however, China's strategic situation does not permit an all-out challenge to democracy beyond its shores, and whether it will ever undertake such a challenge is uncertain. (jhu.edu)
- A defiant President Dilma Rousseff warned on Monday that her conservative opponents were trampling on Brazil's democracy by using trumped-up charges to oust her and roll back the social advances of 13 years of leftist rule. (voanews.com)
- Costa's "The Edge of Democracy" -- about Brazil's turbulent recent politics -- had a prominent opening night slot at last year's Sundance Film Festival, and was also a candidate for an Academy Award in the documentary feature category this year. (pilotonline.com)
- The voting seems to have gone smoothly, marking a major milestone in the country's transition to democracy. (nymag.com)
- Today (September 15), as we observe the International Democracy Day with the theme 'Space for Civil Society' in Bhutan, the United Nations reaffirms its appreciation to the country's growing civil society. (kuenselonline.com)
- Rev. John Ntim Fordjour, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin South, in his reaction, said the Minority's lack of cooperation with the Majority for Parliamentary duties did not augur well for the country's democracy. (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- All the news about our work on Promotion of Democracy is also available on Twitter (German only). (boell.de)
- They may also use social media as a portal to access content that appeared elsewhere, such as a video clip from a longer cable news segment, or an article from a newspaper website that made the front page of the print edition. (rand.org)
- This article was co-published with NBC News . (publicintegrity.org)
- The micro level is that of democracy assistance projects carried out by the various institutions of the Turkish state. (carnegieendowment.org)
- 6 Democracy 'has to be judged not just by the institutions that formally exist but by the extent to which different voices from diverse sections of the people can actually be heard. (firstpost.com)
- As article processing charges top $5,000 at some research journals, authors and institutions have means of negotiating better deals or finding less expensive options. (the-scientist.com)
- Among many member states, there is a need to deepen the institutions that make democracies work, including overcoming poverty though sustainable development. (newsweekly.com.au)
- Building on the extensive literature on conditional lending, we outline several pathways through which IMF program participation might affect the levels of democracy in borrowing countries - including a new variant that suggests the possibility of a positive association between lending program participation and democracy scores. (springer.com)
- We find evidence for modest but definitively positive conditional differences in the democracy scores of participating and non-participating countries. (springer.com)
- 2) The same conceptual framework is being used and tested for comparing and measuring empirical quality of democracy in the different OECD and European Union (EU27) member countries. (springer.com)
- Turkey has started to focus on democracy promotion at two distinct levels, simultaneously trying to position itself as a model of democracy in its neighborhood and attempting to advance reform in other countries by funding democracy assistance projects. (carnegieendowment.org)
- However, as Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian told the opening ceremony, of Asia's 39 countries, 15 fail to meet the criteria of a deepening democracy. (newsweekly.com.au)
- In their 1996 book, Democracy and Disagreement , Amy Gutmann and Dennis Thompson declared that the core of modern democracy should consist of lofty debates about issues such as whether abortion should be legal, whether welfare should be provided, and whether racial hiring quotas should be imposed. (fee.org)
- These numbers represent a substantial increase from Turkey's previous aid and democracy assistance contributions. (carnegieendowment.org)
- The macro level refers to the role that democracy plays in Turkey's general foreign policy line as well as to Turkey's potential to be a model of democracy for its wider neighborhood. (carnegieendowment.org)
- In terms of the macro-level role democracy plays in Turkey's foreign policy, the AKP's election was a crucial turning point. (carnegieendowment.org)
- Nancy Pelosi said in her statement calling on the House to draft articles of impeachment: "Our democracy is what is at stake. (nationalreview.com)
- While President Donald Trump's impeachment gripped the country in late 2019 and early 2020, the long-term consequences of his trial and acquittal for American democracy remain yet unclear. (phys.org)
- 1) To develop (and to proto-type) a conceptual framework of analysis for a global comparison of quality of democracy. (springer.com)
- In theoretical and conceptual terms, we refer to a Quadruple-Dimensional structure, also a Quadruple Helix structure (a "Model of Quadruple Helix Structures") of the four basic (conceptual) dimensions of freedom, equality, control, and sustainable development for explaining and comparing democracy and quality of democracy. (springer.com)
- Put in summary, we may conclude for the USA that the comparative strength of quality of democracy in the USA focuses on the dimension of freedom. (springer.com)
- The comparative weakness of the quality of democracy in the USA lies in the dimension of equality, most importantly income equality. (springer.com)
- 2) knowledge and innovation are being defined as key for sustainable development and for the further evolution of quality of democracy. (springer.com)
- The architectures of Quadruple Helix (and Quintuple Helix) innovation systems demand and require the formation of a democracy, implicating that quality of democracy provides for a support and encouragement of innovation and innovation systems, so that quality of democracy and progress of innovation mutually "Cross-Helix" in a connecting and amplifying mode and manner. (springer.com)
- This relates research on quality of democracy to research on innovation (innovation systems) and the knowledge economy. (springer.com)
- The democracy barometer: a new instrument to measure the quality of democracy and its potential for comparative research. (springer.com)
- The results came as a blow to the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, which openly favored Fatah and had extolled the idea of elections as part of its mission to spread democracy around the world. (rferl.org)
- Personified elections, a decrease in MPs and direct democracy. (grapevine.is)
- Searching for Democracy was a statewide initiative designed to animate public conversation on the very nature of democracy through a wide range of public programs leading into the 2012 elections and beyond. (calhum.org)
- The original German title of the film, Die Demokratie ist los (Democracy unleashed), conveys two sides, or "centrifugal forces" as Isler calls them, of direct democracy and how they have played out in Swiss politics and society over the past few years. (swissinfo.ch)
- T.I.: This system of government will never be perfect and I'm not sure whether what happens in the name of direct democracy is always right - or whether I'm even right believing in it as I do. (swissinfo.ch)
- Direct democracy, free of middlemen, is the only real solution. (grapevine.is)
- Direct democracy will eliminate shady corners and negotiations from parliament. (grapevine.is)
- MPs that do not listen to their people in direct democracy will become powerless. (grapevine.is)
- Therefore, we will hire the best experts to work on these cases, and through www.almannathing.is, the nation can participate in prioritising the matters and voting on them through direct democracy. (grapevine.is)
- If the ideological positions of voters are displayed in the form of a graph and if that graph shows a single peak, then a median voter can be identified and in a representative democracy, the choice of candidates and the choice of policies will gravitate toward the positions of the median voter. (wikipedia.org)
- 2010 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE - The honor is bestowed on Liu in recognition of his peaceful struggle for human rights and democracy, although, imprisoned, he is unable to attend. (samoaobserver.ws)
- All the member states of the EU are democracies and all are signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) - our freedoms and rights are therefore safe. (globalissues.org)
- The triad of human rights, democracy and sustainability is at the center of our work. (boell.de)
- This paper explores the role of human rights in democracy, and specifically whether human rights is a necessary ingredient for its sustenance. (boell.de)
- If anything, US actions in the past four years have done damage to the cause of democracy and human rights in the Arab World. (mediamonitors.net)
- It is clear, then, that there's no need to turn to i100 's problematic sources if we want to get a sense of the 'knowledge problems' at work in British democracy - but we needn't dismiss those findings as unrealistic, either. (lse.ac.uk)
- The aim of the DPU is to work at a number of levels to foster the deepening of democracy, primarily among Pacific Rim nations. (newsweekly.com.au)
- Only eight years had passed since the Communist Chinese government had mowed down an estimated 10,000 democracy demonstrators in and around Tiananmen Square. (nationalreview.com)
- The AKP government altered the place of democracy promotion in Turkish foreign policy at both the macro and micro levels. (carnegieendowment.org)
- As polls have shown that more Americans distrust government, professors have searched for the holy grail- a way to give legitimacy to Leviathan Democracy. (fee.org)
- In a democracy, civil society can be a partner to complement the Government, but also to hold it accountable. (kuenselonline.com)
- Within a few years these new settlers outnumbered the convicts and ex-convicts, and they began to demand trial by jury, representative government, a free press and the other symbols of liberty and democracy. (wikipedia.org)
- Some (2011) argue that since the Hong Kong government failed to force through the legislation to implement Article 23 of the Basic Law , Beijing's relatively hands-off approach to Hong Kong changed dramatically. (wikipedia.org)
- Similarly, the ultimate author of Bangladesh's transition to democracy in 1990 was none other than the aforementioned Mikhail Gorbachev. (opednews.com)
- The author of the article seems to imply that all self-autonomy is a myth--that we are social creatures who conform to group norms. (blogspot.com)
- As Ann Jones, author of a remarkable new book, War Is Not Over When It's Over: Women Speak Out from the Ruins of War , suggests in her latest TomDispatch Post , "Big Men, Big Money, Big Voting Scam," perhaps it's time to be a little less surprised when the "democracy" we installed in Afghanistan turns out to be a democracy of cash-filled bags and suitcases. (commondreams.org)
- Peer-reviewed publications on Questia are publications containing articles which were subject to evaluation for accuracy and substance by professional peers of the article's author(s). (questia.com)
- With the appearance of global communications, people are increasingly understanding the mechanisms of democracy, and they increasingly want it,' Jouejati says. (rferl.org)
- This would just be paranoia, if it weren't for the extensive documentation of these trends people like Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn, and reporting by people like Amy Goodman of Democracy Now . (brainblogger.com)