American Civil War
Insects of the family Formicidae, very common and widespread, probably the most successful of all the insect groups. All ants are social insects, and most colonies contain three castes, queens, males, and workers. Their habits are often very elaborate and a great many studies have been made of ant behavior. Ants produce a number of secretions that function in offense, defense, and communication. (From Borror, et al., An Introduction to the Study of Insects, 4th ed, p676)
Afghan Campaign 2001-
An acute infectious disease of humans, particularly children, caused by any of three serotypes of human poliovirus (POLIOVIRUS). Usually the infection is limited to the gastrointestinal tract and nasopharynx, and is often asymptomatic. The central nervous system, primarily the spinal cord, may be affected, leading to rapidly progressive paralysis, coarse FASCICULATION and hyporeflexia. Motor neurons are primarily affected. Encephalitis may also occur. The virus replicates in the nervous system, and may cause significant neuronal loss, most notably in the spinal cord. A rare related condition, nonpoliovirus poliomyelitis, may result from infections with nonpoliovirus enteroviruses. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp764-5)
Poliovirus Vaccine, Oral
A live vaccine containing attenuated poliovirus, types I, II, and III, grown in monkey kidney cell tissue culture, used for routine immunization of children against polio. This vaccine induces long-lasting intestinal and humoral immunity. Killed vaccine induces only humoral immunity. Oral poliovirus vaccine should not be administered to immunocompromised individuals or their household contacts. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Encyclopedias as Topic
Consumer Health Information
In some animals, the jaws together with their horny covering. The beak usually refers to the bill of birds in which the whole varies greatly in form according of the food and habits of the bird. While the beak refers most commonly to birds, the anatomical counterpart is found also in the turtle, squid, and octopus. (From Webster, 3d ed & Storer, et al., General Zoology, 6th ed, p491, 755)
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
Babar served in Pakistan Army with staff and instructional experience. He served as brigade major at combatant branches of army ... "Inter Services Public Relations Pakistan". www.ispr.gov.pk. "Profile: Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar, Pakistan Army's new spokesperson ... Babar Iftikhar is a Pakistani military officer, holding a two-star general rank in the Pakistan Army. He is the 21st and ... He was commissioned in the Pakistan Army in 1990. Babar did his graduation from the Command and Staff College and later ...
Raja Aziz Bhatti
It was reported in media that former Pakistan Army's General, Raheel Sharif who was the former Chief of Army Staff and Major ... Prior to gaining officer's commission in the Pakistan Army, Major Bhatti served in the Pakistan Air Force as an enlisted ... asking to be transferred to the Pakistan Army, which was approved and Bhatti was directed to attend the Pakistan Military ... It is unclear why the Pakistan Army did not send the reinforcement teams to provide back up to Maj. Bhatti's teams and the ...
2011-12 Egyptian parliamentary election
Pakistan. Archived from the original on 26 December 2011. Retrieved 27 December 2011. "News :: Middle East :: Egypt parties to ... Though violence was reported at some points, protests were largely peaceful with the army staying quiet until 10 February 2011 ... "The army has no interest to be served by siding with liberals or the Brotherhood or leftists or others." Following reports that ... review army vote concessions". The Daily Star. 2 October 2011. Archived from the original on 26 December 2011. Retrieved 27 ...
Pakistan; Bhatti, R.M.Z.; Mushtaq, M.I. (2013). Federal & Provincial the Minor Acts: Civil & Criminal. Retrieved 2015-11-15.. ... Phul, R.K. Armies of Great Mughal. pp. 198-199. "The Gazette of India, 1971". WorldStatesmen - India "Sheikhupura Chamber of ...
Afghan Armed Forces
In 1981 the total strength of the Army was around 85,000 troops according to The New York Times. The Army had around 35-40,000 ... Pakistan. January 24, 2011. Retrieved 2021-02-27. "III. PAKISTAN'S SUPPORT OF THE TALIBAN". Human Rights Watch. 2001. Retrieved ... Initially, a new land force, the Afghan National Army (ANA), was created, along with an air arm, the Afghan National Army Air ... The Persian army just come out of the capital, being composed of whatever was most brilliant at court, seemed as if it had been ...
Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmad
"Who will be the new army chief?". Pakistan Today. 22 November 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016. "Who will be the next Army ... is retired Pakistani army general who held command of the II Corps of the Pakistan Army. He previously served as Chief of ... "Five Chiefs of General Staff served as head of Pakistan Army in 64 years". The News. November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016 ... as the Director General of Military Operations in 2011 where he served until 2013 and also made the plan for Pakistan Army's ...
Pakistan Army. Retrieved July 18, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Khuda zameen se gaya nahin - A must watch". ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Kashif Nisar Biography on Video Pakistan Kashif Nisar at IMDb. ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Strong competition Between Nominations". Showbiz Pakistan. 8 April 2014. Archived from ...
Pakistan only gained small tract of land around Khem Karan of 50 square kilometres. The Fighting Fifth Battalion of Indian Army ... Pakistan Army. Archived from the original on 3 October 2013. Retrieved 25 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ( ... After losing hope in the likelihood of a plebiscite being conducted in Kashmir, the Pakistan Army sent infiltrators into the ... forcing the Pakistan Army to defend further south. At the end of hostilities on 23 September India retained between 140 square ...
MG 3 machine gun
Replaced in regular army by Minimi and FN MAG in 2019. Pakistan: Used by the Pakistan Army. Manufactured under license by ... "Pakistan Army". Defence.pk. Archived from the original on 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2014-02-09. "POF - Machine Gun MG3 (MG1A3)". ... "Mexico Mexican army land ground forces military equipment armoured vehicle pictures information desc - Army Recognition". ... Albania: Used by the Albanian Army. Afghanistan: Used by the Mujahideen and Taliban Argentina: Used by the Argentine Army. ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "ARMY DESERT WARFARE SCHOOL". PAKISTAN ARMY. "Chhor Climate Normals 1961-1990". ... The Pakistan army school of desert warfare is located here. Chhor has a hot desert climate (Köppen climate classification BWh) ... Chhor (Sindhi: ڇور) is a town situated in Umerkot District, Sindh, Pakistan. It has an altitude of 4 metres (13 ft). It lies on ...
Waqar Ahmed Seth
Newsweek Pakistan. 20 December 2019. Archived from the original on 21 December 2019. Retrieved 22 December 2019. "Pakistan Army ... This helped Pakistan's case against Indian spy Kalbhushan Yadav as ICJ noted the verdict by Seth as the reason for their ... "Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf sentenced to death for high treason". WQAD.com. 17 December 2019. Archived from the ... "Chief Justice of Pakistan's Peshawar HC Who Sent Musharraf to the Gallows Dies of Coronavirus". News18. 13 November 2020. ...
Pakistan Army. Archived from the original on 5 May 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2012. Bajwa, Mandeep Singh (2002). "The Pathan ... The Pathan Regiment was an infantry regiment of Pakistan Army now merged into Frontier Force Regiment. It was raised after the ... 15/13 Frontier Force Rifles Pakistan Army Frontier Force Regiment Piffer Units "Pathan Regiment". Frontier Force Regiment. ... independence of Pakistan on November 1, 1948 from the strength of 12th Frontier Force Regiment and 13th Frontier Force Rifles. ...
M114 155 mm howitzer
100 in service Pakistan: 144 in service with the Pakistan Army. Peru: 36 as of 2016[update] Philippines Portugal: 24 as of 2016 ... "Pakistan Army". Archived from the original on 13 May 2013. Military Balance 2016, p. 280. Military Balance 2016, p. 410. ... The M114 155 mm howitzer is a towed howitzer developed and used by the United States Army. It was first produced in 1942 as a ... It saw service with the US Army during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, before being replaced by the M198 ...
Islam and modernity
"Jinnah's vision of Pakistan". Pakistan Army. Retrieved 7 January 2013. "Turkey in radical revision of Islamic texts" Robert ... Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, was also a prominent Muslim modernist of the twentieth century. In some parts of ... In 1798 Napoleon Bonaparte's army occupied the Ottoman province of Egypt and killed roughly 3000 Egyptians. Although the ... the latter was also the conceiver of the modern state of Pakistan). Like al-Afghani and Abduh, they rejected the doctrine of ...
Baba Mehar din (1922 - 21 October 2012), better known as Chacha Pakistani or "Uncle Pakistan", was a Pakistani man who was ... Furthermore, he was also awarded by many rangers and army officials. "'Chacha Pakistani' of Wagha Border passes away at 90". ... Pakistan Today. 22 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Chacha Pakistani passes ...
Pakistan: Used by Special Service Wing (SSW) and the Pakistan Army. Peru: Special forces and the Peruvian Marine Corps. Poland ... "Pakistan Army". Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. "PLAYAS DE HUACHO FUERON ESCENARIO DE GRAN DESEMBARCO ANFIBIO EN EL ... The Slovenian army ultimately purchased 14,000 rifles. Spain: Used by G.E.O, the Spanish National Police Special Operations ... A version of the F2000 Tactical modified for the Slovenian Army. It incorporates an elevated upper Picatinny rail that also ...
List of wars involving Liberia
Pakistan Army. Archived from the original on 13 September 2017. Retrieved 13 September 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter ( ...
Awards and decorations of the Pakistan military "Honours and Awards". Pakistan Army. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11. ... Decorations and Medals of Pakistan v t e v t e. ...
List of equipment of the Royal Marines
"SA80 individual weapon". Army.mod.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-12-10. Retrieved 2009-04-22. "UK Royal Marine unit ... ditches the SA80 for Colt C8". Pakistan Defence. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2017. "L119A2 - Colt Canada C8 Upgrade". ... British Army. August 2018. p. 16. Retrieved 26 June 2020. "Heavy machine gun". Ministry of Defence. Archived from the original ... These respirators are also used by the rest of the Naval Service, the British Army and Royal Air Force. The Royal Marines ...
Sadae Mazlomeen Dharna (Parachinar)
... the people of Parachinar stand behind Pakistan Army, We are Pakistanis and Muslims only. Our blood is for Pakistan." COAS also ... according to a statement issued by Pakistan Army's public affairs department. The Army chief also held a meeting tribal elders ... The locals and tribal leaders expressed full confidence and trust in Pakistan Army and its leadership, saying, "We, ... Pakistan) "Parachinar protesters call off sit-in after meeting with Chief". Samaa TV. 30 June 2017. "Army chief helps end ...
List of Pakistani records in athletics
"WAPDA end Army's reign at National Athletics". Pakistan Today. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2012. Kashif Abbasi (6 April ... The following are the national records in athletics in Pakistan maintained by the Athletics Federation of Pakistan (AFP). Key ... "Army's Adnan sets new record in pole vault". epakistannews.com. 8 July 2010. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. ... "Army, WAPDA clinch men's, women's National Athletics titles". The News International. 18 November 2018. Retrieved 12 December ...
Heckler & Koch G3
"Pakistan Army". Archived from the original on 2013-05-13. "POF - Automatic Rifle G3A3 & G3P4". Archived from the original on ... Pakistan: Locally produced by Pakistan Ordnance Factories in G3P4 designation Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines ... Pakistan (Pakistan Ordnance Factories), Portugal (FBP), Saudi Arabia (Military Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabia)), Sweden ( ... The Ak 4D will be used by the Swedish Army as a stop-gap DMR. DIO G3-A3 Bullpup: Iranian bullpup variant of the G3. G3P4: ...
Jeevay Jeevay, Pakistan': Poet of Pakistan - Jamiluddin Aali". Daily Times (Pakistan). 24 November 2015. Archived from the ... He was laid to rest in an army graveyard Bizerta Lines, Karachi on 23 November 2015. Jamiluddin Aali took over as honorary ... Pakistan Pakistan" (1986) "Aye Des Ki Hawaao, Kushboo Mein Bas Ke Jao" (1972) "Itne Bare Jewan Sagar Mein, Tu Ne Pakistan Diya ... In 1951, he passed the CSS (civil service of Pakistan) examination and joined the Pakistan Taxation Service. He was also the ...
2011 Omani protests
"Army disperses protesters in Oman". Euronews.net. Retrieved 6 March 2011. "Oman forces disperse protesters". Pakistan Observer ... The army also issued a red alert to vacate the area or threatened action. The 'Sohar Citizen Committee' as it is called has ... The army then fired into the air and also used tear gas to disperse the stone-throwing crowds. There were also peaceful ... "Oman army clears roadblocks in Sohar pay protest". Reuters. 29 March 2011. [dead link] AFP: Police shoot one dead in Oman ...
"Rescue 1122 gets 14 new ambulances". Pakistan Today. March 18, 2013. "Rescue 1122 to train Pakistan Army's Medical Corps". ... Moreover, Rescue 1122 is now also training Pakistan Army's Medical Corp. "Introduction of Rescue 1122". rescue.gov.pk. ... Prior to 2004, Pakistan did not have an organized emergency medical system. In that year, Rescue 1122 was launched as a ... The Emergency Services Academy, the first training institute of its kind in Pakistan, has been established as a centre for ...
In 2005 Miller was invited to Pakistan by former president of Pakistan Parvez Musharraf for a private party in Islamabad. Her ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Sher Khan (3 January 2012). "Janice Miller: The one singer army". Express Tribune. ... In 2014 she decided to move in Pakistan. In an interview she said: "People have been watching me sing for the last 18 years in ... Punjabi music List of Punjabi singers "US Singer hoping to make it in Pakistan". BBC. 26 March 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2015. ...
"Pak Army Ranks Insignia". Pakistan Army. Retrieved 22 January 2021. "PAKISTAN ARMY". www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk. Retrieved 22 ... Sergeant Major is now the highest JCO/OR rank in the Pakistan Army, its equivalent to NATO OR-9 rank. It is also known by other ... This holds significance in Pakistan Army culture, as Battalion Sergeant Major is regarded as an advocate for the enlisted ranks ... Similar to other Commonwealth countries, Pakistan Army inherited its rank structure from the British Empire. ...
CAIG Wing Loong
"Chinese Wing Loong II drones sold to Pakistan". Army Recognition. 11 October 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-10-11. ... Nigeria - Reportedly exported to Pakistan - A Wing Loong crashed in Pakistan on 18 June 2016 raising theories the country may ... January 2019 Global Defense Security army news industry , Defense Security global news industry army 2019 , Archive News year ... "Libyan Army shoots down Wing Loong drone provided by UAE for Haftar". Libyan Observer. Retrieved 2019-08-03. "Chinese drones ...
List of wars: 1900-1944
Khan, Hafeez R. (1960). "Afghanistan and Pakistan". Pakistan Horizon. 13 (1): 55. ISSN 0030-980X. JSTOR 41392239. 1933: Siege ... "Rebuilding Afghanistan's National Army". ssi.armywarcollege.ed. Retrieved 10 September 2019. The situation enabled the army to ... Intelligence Branch, Army Headquarters, India (1907). Frontier And Overseas Expeditions From India Vol. 2. Low Price ... Rehman, Zia (2014). "The Baluch insurgency: linking Iran to Pakistan" (PDF). files.ethz.ch. p. 1. In 1928 independent West ...
Karnal Sher Khan
"Captain Sher Khan". Pakistan Army Official. Pakistan Army. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2010 ... he first joined Pakistan Air Force (PAF) as an Airman but later joined Pakistan Army as a commissioned officer in 1992. During ... Indian Army Brigadier Bajwa was impressed by the actions of Captain Khan and wrote to the government of Pakistan citing the ... He was a captain in the 27th Sindh Regiment of the Pakistan Army and later was posted to 12th NLI Regiment during the Kargil ...
List of medical colleges in India
Army College of Medical Sciences. *University College of Medical Sciences. *Maulana Azad Medical College ...
He wanted to hold Pakistan directly responsible for the terrible influx of millions of Hindu refugees from East Pakistan, who ... Sardar Patel came to Junagadh on 12 November 1947 to direct the occupation of the state by the Indian army and at the same time ... 550 million which were due to the Pakistan government, but were being held back due to the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947. ... "The 1947 Partition of India: A Paradigm for Pathological Politics in India and Pakistan". www.sacw.net.. ...
Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates/December 2006
At least 300 people were killed in clashes between Sudan's army and former rebels in the southern town of Malakal earlier this ... Cricket is the most popular sport in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh (over 1 billion people in those three nations) while ... For you Americans, cricket is big in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and ... 216.232, not everyone from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh likes cricket. Also, the combined population of those three countries ...
Chief of Staff of the United States Army
Sergeant Major of the Army. References. *^ "General George Casey - Chief of Staff Army". Archived from the original on 11 ... Under delegation of authority made by the Secretary of the Army, the CSA designates army personnel and army resources to the ... United States Army in World War II. Washington D.C.: United States Army Center of Military History.. - full text ... The senior leadership of the Department of the Army consists of two civilians, the Secretary of the Army (Head of the ...
List of political parties in China
... under the leadership of the CPC the People's Liberation Army defeated the National Revolutionary Army of the Kuomintang in 1949 ... People's Liberation Army Theater commands. People's Armed Police China Coast Guard. Militia. ... The Communist Party of China (Workers' and Peasants' Liberation Army) (Chinese: 中国共产党（工农解放军）) is an anti-revisionist communist ... They used the old fortifications built on the era of the Socialist Revolution and organized a partisan army named the "Workers ...
Military Counterintelligence Service (Poland)
Main Directorate of Information of the Polish Army. *Internal Military Service (WSW) ... Pakistan: Air Intelligence. *Portugal: CIGeoE. *Russia: TsVTI GRU. *United Kingdom: DGIFC. *United States: NGA ...
Senarai reka cipta pada zaman pertengahan Islam Bahasa Melayu, ensiklopedia bebas
Medieval French reports suggest that Muslim armies also used explosives against the Sixth Crusade army led by Ludwig IV, ... Pakistan dan Iran pada abad ke-9 dan ke-10. Mereka mempunyai berbagai kegunaan, seperti mengisar biji, pam air, dan perahan ... The Nesri Tarihi in the 15th century states that the Ottoman army were regularly using guns and cannons from at least 1421-1422 ... Pakistan dan Iran pada abad ke-9 dan ke-10. ...
Bengal famine of 1943
Bayly, Christopher; Harper, Tim (2005). Forgotten Armies: Britain's Asian Empire and the War with Japan. New York: Penguin ... Learmonth, A. T. A. (1957). "Some contrasts in the regional geography of malaria in India and Pakistan". Transactions and ... As a second prong, a "boat denial" policy was designed to deny Bengali transport to any invading Japanese army. It applied to ... Eventually, families disintegrated; men sold their small farms and left home to look for work or to join the army, and women ...
Culture of Bengal
East Pakistan developed its own contemporary painting tradition under Zainul Abedin. Modern Bangladeshi art has produced many ... After the partition of Bengal, a distinct literary culture developed in East Bengal, which later became East Pakistan and ...
Lê Văn Viễn, Major General of the Vietnamese National Army and head of Bình Xuyên, a powerful Vietnamese crime syndicate ... Lâm Quang Thi, Lieutenant General of Army of the Republic of Vietnam during the Vietnam War ... Lai Teck, leader of the Communist Party of Malaya and Malayan People's Anti-Japanese Army ... who were forced to serve in the Vietnamese army as soldiers. In 1050, the Cham dedicated some Chinese slaves to their ...
504th Infantry Regiment (United States)
Army), to jump in ahead of the British Second Army, commanded by Lieutenant General Sir Miles C. Dempsey, 57 miles behind enemy ... In July 2005, 2-504 PIR was operating in Afghanistan close to the Pakistan border. In October 2005, 1st Battalion, 504 ... Fifth Army commander, and Lieutenant General Patton, the U.S. Seventh Army commander, along with the Sultan of Morocco and ... Frank van Lunteren, Spearhead of the Fifth Army: The 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment in Italy, from the Winter Line to Anzio, ...
United States Army Command and General Staff College
General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani of Pakistan. *Brigadier Abdul Shakur Malik, Force Commander for the Northern Areas, Acting ... Fort Leavenworth, U.S. Army Combined Arms Center, and U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Device ... The United States Army Command and General Staff College (CGSC or, obsolete, USACGSC) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, is a ... p.173): "As directed by the General of the Army, in communication of September 27, I have the honor to submit the annual report ...
Conservatism in the United States
There been numerous large veterans organizations in American history, most notably the Grand Army of the Republic, the Veterans ...
The Siddi are an ethnic group inhabiting India and Pakistan whose members are descendants from the Bantu peoples. In the ... The Ottoman Army also deployed an estimated 30,000 Black African troops and cavalrymen to its expedition in Hungary during the ... John B. Edlefsen, Khalida Shah, Mohsin Farooq, "Makranis, the Negroes of West Pakistan", Phylon (1960-), Vol. 21, No. 2 (2nd ... Makran strip of the Sindh and Balochistan provinces in southwestern Pakistan, these Bantu descendants are known as the Makrani. ...
Mohammed Daoud Khan
Trade and transit agreements with Pakistan were subsequently severely affected. Soon after Daoud's army and police faced a ... The army had been put on alert on April 26 because of a presumed coup. On April 27, 1978, a coup d'état beginning with troop ... Afghanistan's variable relations with Pakistan further dipped. In response, Pakistan also started similar kinds of cross-border ... One of the army generals arrested under suspicion of this plot with Maiwandwal was Mohammed Asif Safi, who was later released. ...
United States Department of State
... primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Safe transports for various diplomatic missions were undertaken, requiring the ...
Sidoqoftë, ato popullatë ujqish që jetojnë në Bhutan , Indi, Nepal dhe Pakistan janë renditur në Shtojcën I të tij , duke ... Shembuj përfshijnë Wulfhere ("Wolf Army", ose "Ai, ushtria e të cilit është ujku"), Cynewulf ("Ujku Mbret"), Cēnwulf ("Ujku i ...
Main article: Pakistan Military Academy. The Pakistan Military Academy (or PMA) is a Military Academy of the Pakistan Army. It ... British Army. "The Discipline and Standards Paper" (PDF).. *^ British Army. "Queen's Regulations for the Army (Annex B: Values ... USAREC (2003). U.S. Army DEP Guide: Army Terminology. United States Army Recruiting Command. Fort Knox, KY (USA). ... Main article: Australian Army Recruit Training. Most of the recruit training in the Australian Army is currently held at Army ...
East End of London
1868 Foundation Deed Of The Salvation Army Archived 25 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine (Salvation Army history) accessed 15 ... particularly from Sylhet in East Pakistan, which became Bangladesh in 1971. The migrants settled in areas already established ... Others joined his Christian Mission, and on 7 August 1878 the Salvation Army was formed at a meeting held at 272 Whitechapel ... were killed and thirty-nine injured in one of Mainland Britain's biggest bomb attacks by the Provisional Irish Republican Army. ...
A few others (e.g., Turkey, Pakistan, Morocco, Nigeria) have adopted the Saturday-Sunday weekend while making Friday a working ... attempted to destroy the Kaaba with an army which included several elephants. The raid was unsuccessful, but that year became ...
Women in Pakistan are expected to marry men; those who do not are ostracized. Women, however, may have intimate relations with ... Women were also accepted into the military in the U.S. Women's Army Corps (WACs) and U.S. Navy's Women Accepted for Volunteer ...
Green Party of England and Wales
Former Leader Natalie Bennett has advocated replacing the UK Army with a "home defence force", according to The Telegraph. ... Pakistan *Pakistan Green Party. *Palestine *Palestinian Greens. *Philippines *Green Party of the Philippines (GPP-Kalikasan ... "British army to be replaced by 'home defence force' if Greens win power in May". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the ...
Music of Saudi Arabia
Saudi traditional music is quite limited. However, the migratory lifestyle of the bedouin mitigated against carrying excess baggage, including musical instruments. Simple rhythms, with the beat counted by clapping or striking together everyday implements formed the basis of the music. Instruments like the double-reeded ney or the stringed rababa were sometimes used, after being obtained in cosmopolitan cities such as Jeddah. However, music is considered "sinful" or "haram" by some Muslims, including Salah Al Budair who is the Imam of the Grand mosque in Medina. This is based in part on certain Ahadith which speak negatively of non-percussion musical instruments and the idea that music and art are distractions from God. Some Muslims also believe it is sinful for songs to make any mention of women and for women to be involved in the composition of music. Particularly in the early days of the current Saudi state, religious authorities were quick to repress music other than the rhythmic ...
Ordination of women
In the late 18th century in England, John Wesley allowed for female office-bearers and preachers. The Salvation Army has ... In April 2005, Raheel Raza, born in Pakistan, led Toronto's first woman-led mixed-gender Friday prayer service, delivering the ... "Woman tapped as new Salvation Army leader". Washingtontimes.com. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2013-11-12.. ... and nineteenth Generals of the Salvation Army were women. ...
Christianity in Turkey
Assyrians were attacked in the Hakkari mountains by the Turkish army with the help of Kurdish tribes, and many Christians were ... After the Russian army retreated, Turkish troops with Kurdish detachments organized mass slaughters of Assyrians, in the ...
People's Liberation Army Navy Air Force. Republic of the Congo. Congolese Air Force. Cuba. Cuban Air Force. Czech Republic. ... Pakistan. *Askari Aviation. Philippines. *Mosphil Aero. Poland. *LOT Polish Airlines. Romania. *TAROM ... Air Forces of the National People's Army. Egypt. Egyptian Air Force. Georgia. Georgian Air Force. Guinea. Military of Guinea. ... Korean People's Army Air Force - 1 (converted to a rudimentary airborne early warning aircraft). Russia. *Russian Air Force[ ...
2004 - In a vote of confidence, General Pervez Musharraf wins 658 out of 1,170 votes in the Electoral College of Pakistan, and ... 1776 - American Revolutionary War: Norfolk, Virginia is burned by combined Royal Navy and Continental Army action. ... War between India and Pakistan stops accordingly.. *1950 - Standard practice uses this day as the origin of the age scale ... 1994 - The Zapatista Army of National Liberation initiates twelve days of armed conflict in the Mexican state of Chiapas. ...
The Djibouti Armed Forces include the Djibouti National Army, which consists of the Coastal Navy, the Djiboutian Air Force ( ... In the early 2000s, it looked outward for a model of army organization that would best advance defensive capabilities by ... which chronicles the Adal Sultanate army's conquest of Abyssinia during the 16th century. In recent years, a number of ...
Disputatio Usoris:IacobusAmor - Vicipaedia
I haven't looked at the literature of India & Pakistan, but I'd expect the numbers to be equally problematic.. Up today: China ... Army soldier who at the time was (secretly) a member of the Communist Party, surrounded by blacks & whites in a city where the ...
On 30 July 2014, Thai army chief General Prayut Chan-o-cha, whose forces seized control of the government through a bloodless ...
Pakistan Army Equipment
Totals for M48A5s after 2002 indicate vehicles in storage and not in active service.. ** - 1995 total indicates 169 BTR-70 vehicles assigned to Pakistani forces as part of UNPROFOR according to IISS Military Balance.. *** - These weapons were designed as anti-tank guns, but can also be used in the indirect fire role.. **** - The IISS Military Balance lists these as of Peoples Republic of China origin.. ***** - The difference in IISS Military Balance totals for ATGWs is likely based on a shift after 2002 from reporting numbers of individual launchers to reporting total missiles in inventory.. ...
Pakistan's top court targets army
... which after a gap of 16 years has opened an investigation into allegations the army funneled money to politicians to influence ... Pakistans powerful military establishment is under rare scrutiny from the countrys top court, ... Former Pakistan army chief, retired General Mirza Aslam Beg, center, leaves the Supreme Court after hearing of the Mehran Bank ... Pakistans powerful military establishment is under rare scrutiny from the countrys top court, which after a gap of 16 years ...
Pakistan Army - Wikipedia
... of the Pakistan Army The army service uniform of the Pakistan Army closely resembled to the army uniform of the British Army as ... From 1947-71, the army service uniform of the Pakistan Army closely resembled to the army uniform of the British Army, but the ... "Regiments of Pakistan Army". Independent Pakistan. 30 June 2018. Retrieved 18 January 2019. Infantry Branch of Pakistan Army. ... Army Schools and Skills Schools of Pakistan Army The Pakistan Armys training schools are not restricted to the department of ...
Talk:Army Strategic Forces Command (Pakistan) - Wikipedia
WikiProject Pakistan. (Rated Start-class, Low-importance). PakistanWikipedia:WikiProject PakistanTemplate:WikiProject Pakistan ... I have just modified one external link on Army Strategic Forces Command (Pakistan). Please take a moment to review my edit. If ... This article is within the scope of WikiProject Pakistan, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Pakistan on ... Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Army_Strategic_Forces_Command_(Pakistan)&oldid=744954271" ...
Pakistan Army Retribution - Wikipedia
Pakistan Army Retribution was commissioned by the Pakistan Army and the Punjab Information Technology Board and developed by an ... Pakistan Army Retribution is a first-person shooter. It is during the 2014 Peshawar school massacre, which events the game ... Pakistan Army Retribution is based upon the events of the 2014 Peshawar school massacre, the deadliest terrorist attack in ... Pakistan Army Retribution is a Pakistani first-person shooter video game based upon the 2014 Peshawar school massacre. ...
Pakistan Army Order of Battle - Corps
There is also the Northern Area Command, headquartered at Gilgit, directly responsible to army general headquarters. ... The Pakistan Army consists of 20 Infantry & 2 Armored Divisions, commanded by Major Generals, grouped under 9 different Corps ... Structure of the Pakistan Army wikipedia 21 April 2009. *Info-Thread on the Pakistan Army Janes World Armies, 24th issue, Dec- ... The Pakistan Army came into being as a result of the amalgamation of the Muslim troops of the pre-independence British Indian ...
Reports: Pakistan Army Chief's Job Under Threat
... media reports say Pakistans army chief, General Ashfaq Kayani, is fighting to keep his job amid growing pressure from within ... U.S. media reports say Pakistans army chief, General Ashfaq Kayani, is fighting to keep his job amid growing pressure from ... raid that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.. The United States kept the raid secret, which left Pakistans military and ... Pakistan has also pressured Washington to end its covert campaign of drone strikes in the countrys lawless tribal areas ...
Pakistan Army Concerned About US Aid Bill
Kerry-Lugar bill could limit aid amount Pakistan receives if US believes country is not making sustained commitment against ... which they say affect Pakistans national security. But the military said Pakistans parliament would make the final decision ... The Kerry-Lugar bill could limit the amount of aid Pakistan receives if the United States believes the country is not making a ... Pakistans military has no formal role in political deliberations, but its opinions in matters of national security are ...
Pakistan Government Calls In Army After Islamabad Clashes
Pakistans government has authorized the military to deploy troops in the capital, Islamabad, where violent clashes between ... Pakistans media regulator barred local TV channels from broadcasting live footage from the scene as the violence intensified. ... ISLAMABAD -- Pakistans government has authorized the military to deploy troops in the capital, Islamabad, where violent ... Radio Mashaal is a public-service broadcaster providing a powerful alternative to extremist propaganda in Pakistans remote ...
Liveleak.com - Pakistan army pounds Taliban
Pakistan army pounds Taliban The Pakistan army presses ahead with its offensive against the Taliban in the Swat Valley. ITNs ... ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- The Taliban are digging in for a bloody urban battle against the Pakistani army in a hotly ... The Pakistan Army understands that management of IDPs is as important as military operation in Swat and Special Support Group ... With a government offensive against the Taliban nearly three weeks old, a spokesman for Pakistans army said the military ...
Pakistan's Coronavirus Budget Has More Army Spending Than Ever
Argument: In Pakistan, the Army Tightens Its Grip In Pakistan, the Army Tightens Its Grip... ... In Pakistan, the Army Tightens Its Grip. As military expenditure soars in Pakistan despite an unprecedented economic ... "The Army is filling a void in areas in which it perceives Imran Khans government and the civil administration to be weak." ... Pakistan has faced an unprecedented set of challenges this year-from a locust invasion that threatened to infest 40 percent of ...
Pakistan-army | Pakistan-army News | Pakistan-army Photos
Pakistan Army against Taliban: What are the Waziristan goals? - CSMonitor.com
The Pakistan Army claims 42 Taliban militants killed in Waziristan today. But does it have enough troops to take on the ... the Pakistan Army claims it has killed more than 160 militants and lost two dozen soldiers. Today, the Army claimed it had ... The Pakistan Army claims 42 Taliban militants killed in Waziristan today. But does it have enough troops to take on the ... Hawks in Pakistan and the US have urged Pakistan to used counterinsurgency to clear tribal areas like South Waziristan of ...
23 killed in Taliban attack on Pakistan army post
Taliban militants wearing suicide vests fired automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades at an army post in northwestern ... Its unclear whether the recent surge of attacks in Pakistan will alter the armys calculation. There also have been calls from ... Orakzai is one of the tribal regions where Pakistan army is carrying out massive operations against Islamist militants. ... The army has resisted launching an operation there, despite intense U.S. pressure, for fear of a backlash from militants who so ...
In Potential Challenge To Army, Pakistan Seeks India Talks
Pakistans Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said he will seek talks with India and Afghanistan as part of a regional peace ... In Potential Challenge To Army, Pakistan Seeks India Talks Pakistans Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshis comments set up a ... The army has repeatedly denied the charges, but the military has directly ruled Pakistan for almost half of its 71-year ... Pakistan and India "have no other option but to engage," Qureshi told reporters in Islamabad on Monday. "I want to go to ...
Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Along Line Of Control, Army Retaliates
Pakistan violated the ceasefire in two separate incidents along the Line of Control and International Border in Jammu and ... Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Along Line Of Control, Army Retaliates. Thirteen terrorists trying to infiltrate into India from ... In the first incident, the Army retaliated to a ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the Line of Control in Bhimber Gali ... A statement from the army said the firing is still on and that Pakistani Army used small arms and automatics.. ...
Afghanistan accuses Pakistan army of rocket attacks - tribunedigital-chicagotribune
Afghanistan accused Pakistans army on Monday of launching months of rocket attacks on its territory and threatened to report ... "Men in Afghan National Army uniforms came into Pakistan in the Ghozdarra area of Kurram. They opened fire at a house, killing ... KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan accused Pakistans army on Monday of launching months of rocket attacks on its territory and ... UPDATE 1-Afghanistan accuses Pakistan army of rocket attacks. July 2, 2012 ...
Will Pakistan's army chief stay on? - Rediff.com India News
Will Pakistans army chief stay on?. Already, there is talk of a possible extension for Raheel Sharif in the context of his ... Will Pakistans army chief stay on?. By Rana Banerji October 13, 2015 23:33 IST ... On September 22, Pakistans army promotion board approved the promotion of four major generals as lieutenants general against ... In a way, this is a setting right of old army conventions: That of an armoured corps officer heading the Mangla attack corps, ...
Pulls, pressures and the Pakistan Army - Rediff.com India News
The recent postings and promotions of three-star generals in the Pakistan Army have propelled some of former chief Ashfaq ... Parvez Kayanis favourites to traditionally important positions , Pulls, pressures and the Pakistan Army ... The recent postings and promotions of three-star generals in the Pakistan Army have propelled some of former chief Ashfaq ... Political observers in Pakistan see these as "a balancing act", which may help the army chief to "gain more space" on the ...
India Pakistan: Pakistan Army chief backs Imran Khan's peace initiatives - The Economic Times
KARACHI: Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa has backed Prime Minister Imran Khans peace initiatives, saying the new ... The powerful army, which has ruled Pakistan for more than half of its 71 years, has always wielded considerable power in the ... Pakistan Army chief backs Imran Khans peace initiatives. "Wars bring death, destruction and misery for the people. Ultimately ... Business News›News›Defence›Pakistan Army chief backs Imran Khans peace initiatives. ...
Pakistan army launches offensive against militants in Khyber | The Indian Express
... where militants had a strong presence before army recaptured the region in 2015. ... Pakistan army launches offensive against militants in Khyber. The operation has been unleashed in the Rajgal valley of Khyber, ... Pakistan military on Tuesday launched an offensive in the northwestern tribal region close to Afghan border to check and guard ... The army launched decisive operation called Khber-2 after Peshawar school attack in Khyber and completed in July 2015. It ...
SC questions role of army in 'property deals' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
... questioned the role of Pakistan Army in "property deals".. Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar asked since when the army ... Salams to the Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar, sure, army is not above the law, please make ensure accountability ... Cargill to grow Pakistan business with $200m investment Man sentenced to death by Lahores gender-based violence court for ... Not only the army, but the navy and air force and other institutions like the ASF have gone out of their limits to get involved ...
Pakistan | Army Rumour Service
Dont Pakistan have a history of ball tampering ooer missus?. Unfortunately, so do we. Just ask Michael Atherton. ... Pakistan father of bomb set for pardon. Current Affairs, News and Analysis. 4. Feb 5, 2004. ... Pakistan arrest AQ number 3. Current Affairs, News and Analysis. 0. May 5, 2005. ... They did biscuits, but by doing that and awarding England 5 runs, the Umpire has accused Pakistan of cheating. They took ...
CNN.com - India, Pakistan posture with armies and words - December 26, 2001
Tensions between India and Pakistan mounted Wednesday as Pakistan mobilized its army along its eastern border after a similar ... NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- Tensions between India and Pakistan mounted Wednesday as Pakistan mobilized its army along its ... Pakistan detains militant leader. December 25, 2001. High alert on India-Pakistan border. December 24, 2001. India, Pakistan ... "Pakistan certainly does not want to escalate the tension. Pakistan would like a reduction of tension," he said. ...
Pakistan army pushes political role for Islamic supremacist groups
... Sep 17, 2017. 4:23 pm. By Robert Spencer ... "Pakistan army pushes political role for Islamist groups," Reuters, September 16, 2017:. A new Pakistani political party ... Pakistan army pushes political role for Islamic supremacist groups. …………………………. They have basically always done this-but now ... Pakistan needs to revamp its old fashioned school system and stop them from teaching jihad or else sooner or later, Pakistan ...
Polio vaccinations administered under army cover in Pakistan - NextBillion
Polio vaccinations administered under army cover in Pakistan. Friday, May 16, 2014 ... Analysis Via @brecordernews (link opens in a new window): #Microfinance (link opens in a new window) in Pakistan During COVID: ... workers in Pakistans restive Khyber tribal region are administering polio drops to children below 10 years of age under army ... Under cover of the army and Frontier Corps, health workers on Thursday administered the vaccine to children in Malikdin Khel. ...
Pakistan Army Chief to Visit Saudi Arabia in Quest to Smooth Ties
The two countries are traditionally close and Saudi Arabia in 2018 gave Pakistan a $3 billion loan and $3.2 billion oil credit ... Pakistans army chief will visit Saudi Arabia this weekend, officials said, seeking to calm diplomatic strains over Kashmir as ... "Yes he is travelling," Pakistan army spokesman Major General Babar Iftikhar told Reuters, though the official line was that the ... Pakistan Army Chief to Visit Saudi Arabia in Quest to Smooth Ties. ...
Pakistan's army chief calls PM's criticisms 'divisive' - The Star Online - Discussion on Topix
... titled Pakistans army chief calls PMs criticisms "divisive". In it, The Star Online reports that: Pakistans army chief is ... Pakistans army chief calls PMs criticisms "divisive". There are 1 comment on the The Star Online story from Jan 14, 2012, ... Topix › Abdullah Gul › Pakistans army chief calls PMs crit... ... Only in Pakistan does the military brass have the ear of the Media. Usually the miltary is subject to the will of the state - ...
Militants attack Pakistan army near border with Afghanistan, killing 3 soldiers - The Blade
KHAR, Pakistan - Militants killed a Pakistan army captain and two soldiers in an attack early Saturday in a tribal region near ... Pakistans army largely has cleared the Bajur tribal region of militants but its posts often come under cross-border attacks. ... Pakistan army launched its operation against Pakistani Taliban and foreign militants in North Waziristan on June 15. ... Pakistan. , South Asia. , Central Asia. , Afghanistan government. , Afghan armed forces. , Pakistan government. , Pakistani ...
Protest erupts in PoK's Kotli over forced land grabbing by Pakistan army [Video]
The outraged agitators were seen carrying banners and raising anti-Pakistan army and anti-establishment slogans. Protests have ... Hundreds of protestors in Pakistan Occupied Kashmirs Kotli area have demonstrated against the Pakistan Army for forcibly ... Hundreds of protestors in Pakistan Occupied Kashmirs Kotli area have demonstrated against the Pakistan Army for forcibly ... Jammu and Kashmir: Five civilians killed, two injured in shelling by Pakistan Army along LoC in Poonch district. Firstpost ...
Pakistan'sIslamabadNawaz SharifKarachiMilitantsTroops2018China-Pakistan Economic CorridorKashmirQamar Javed BajwaCOASChief of ArRaheel Sharif2019Army's2017LahoreAshfaq Parvez2016OffensiveSAUDI ARABIAPeshawarPakistani Taliban1947CivilianSpokesmanRawalpindiTehreek-e-InsMuslim League-NawazSoldiersOfficialsNewsIndia and PakistanTaliban in PakistanCorpsAfghanistan and PakistanMilitantAfghanIndian ArmyImran Khan'sAttacksShah MehmoodMilitaryQuettaJawansPrime MinisterDelhiZulfiqar Ali BhConflictOsama bin LPolioNavyISPRPunjabArrestTerroristEast PakistanTrumpQURESHIIndia'sGeneralsStrongholdsAmbassadorAuthoritiesThreatTribal1,000Terrorists
- ISLAMABAD (AP) - Pakistan's powerful military establishment is under rare scrutiny from the country's top court, which after a gap of 16 years has opened an investigation into allegations the army funneled money to politicians to influence elections. (yahoo.com)
- U.S. media reports say Pakistan's army chief, General Ashfaq Kayani, is fighting to keep his job amid growing pressure from within the military to reduce ties with the United States. (rferl.org)
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tried Tuesday to dispel concerns that the bill would undermine Pakistan's sovereignty, saying the program is a sincere effort to help the people of Pakistan. (voanews.com)
- With a government offensive against the Taliban nearly three weeks old, a spokesman for Pakistan's army said the military intends to drive the Taliban out of the contested area. (liveleak.com)
- KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan accused Pakistan's army on Monday of launching months of rocket attacks on its territory and threatened to report Islamabad to the U.N. Security Council, straining already troubled ties between the neighbors. (chicagotribune.com)
- Will Pakistan's army chief stay on? (rediff.com)
- O n September 22, Pakistan's army promotion board approved the promotion of four major generals as lieutenants general against four vacancies of retiring lieutenant generals. (rediff.com)
- Aziz Ahmed Khan, a spokesman for Pakistan's Foreign Ministry, said Wednesday Pakistan would prefer to resolve the latest conflict with India through diplomacy. (cnn.com)
- Pakistan's powerful military has long been accused of fostering militant groups as proxy fighters opposing neighboring arch-enemy India, a charge the army denies. (jihadwatch.org)
- Here's yet another example of how ugly terrorism can get: Health workers in Pakistan's restive Khyber tribal region are administering polio drops to children below 10 years of age under army protection. (nextbillion.net)
- Pakistan's army chief will visit Saudi Arabia this weekend, officials said, seeking to calm diplomatic strains over Kashmir as financial support for Islamabad hangs in the balance. (yahoo.com)
- Saudia Arabia had already made Pakistan pay back $1 billion two weeks ago, forcing it to borrow from another close ally China, and Riyadh is yet to respond to Pakistan's request to extend the oil credit facility. (yahoo.com)
- Topix › Abdullah Gul › Pakistan's army chief calls PM's crit. (topix.com)
- There are 1 comment on the The Star Online story from Jan 14, 2012, titled Pakistan's army chief calls PM's criticisms "divisive" . (topix.com)
- Pakistan's army chief is furious with the prime minister for statements criticising the army and has demanded that they be clarified or withdrawn, a senior military source told Reuters on Saturday. (topix.com)
- Pakistan's army largely has cleared the Bajur tribal region of militants but its posts often come under cross-border attacks. (toledoblade.com)
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Pakistan, on Wednesday night, on an unannounced visit, for talks with Pakistan's newly-elected government, which will include discussions about unmanned aerial strikes carried out in the country by the U.S., which have been a source of mounting tensions between the two countries in recent years. (ibtimes.com)
- In his first visit to Pakistan as secretary of state, Kerry is expected to apply pressure on Pakistan's government and military leaders to improve their efforts to crack down on militant strongholds in Pakistan, as U.S.-led NATO coalition troops prepare to pull out of neighboring Afghanistan by late 2014. (ibtimes.com)
- Why did the Pakistan Army need "Judicial Collusion" of Pakistan's Supreme Court in the execution of Bhutto and the 'slow death' of Nawaz Sharif? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Why Pakistani mainstream political leaders cannot unite to put an end to Pakistan Army Generals stranglehold over Pakistan's political dynamics? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Pakistan Army Generals considered this as an existential threat to their hold on Pakistan's political governance and foreign affairs. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- On Friday, Pakistan's army announced it had arrested 10 men behind the attack, some of whom had been caught months earlier. (pri.org)
- The quadcopter had intruded 200 metres on Pakistan's side of the LoC," said Major General Babar Iftikhar, director general of the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), in a tweet, adding that this was the tenth Indian quadcopter to be shot down by Pakistan Army's troops this year. (timesofpakistan.pk)
- ISLAMABAD (AP) - Pakistan's army chief Tuesday ordered an investigation into allegations that a provincial police chief was kidnapped by army troops to force him to order the arrest of the son-in-law of exiled former prime minister Nawaz Sharif. (ap.org)
- Pakistan's influential military chief's visit comes weeks after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif met with US President Barack Obama at the Oval Office to discuss many of the same issues said to be on army chief's agenda, including Afghan peace talks. (com.pk)
- Issues such as Pakistan's nuclear weapons are being handled "by the military only", sources said, so it was natural for the army to want to talk to its US counterparts. (com.pk)
- Are Pakistan's Opposition Parties 'Dragging' The Army Into Politics? (eurasiareview.com)
- In the decade thereafter, however, a series of events in the region including Zia ul Haq's rule in Pakistan, revolution in Iran, and Soviet invasion in Afghanistan (particularly the role of Mujahidin in that war) affected Pakistan's domestic society, pushing the country and its institutions, including the army, away from its original plural modernistic track and towards a definitively more conservative form of policy making. (brookings.edu)
- It has been emphasized that Pakistan's membership in the NSG would not only go a long way in strengthening the international non-proliferation regime, but also help Pakistan enhance its capabilities in harnessing peaceful uses of nuclear technology for the country's burgeoning population of almost 200 million people, including in the fields of health, agriculture and power generation. (dailymailnews.com)
- In 1947, Pakistan's army inherited the default position and strategy of British India in opposing Russian influence and inroads into Afghanistan and Central Asia. (rusi.org)
- Pakistan's army now sees the Russians as their strategic partners. (rusi.org)
- Former Pakistan army chief, retired General Mirza Aslam Beg, center, leaves the Supreme Court after hearing of the Mehran Bank scandal in Islamabad, Pakistan on Friday, March 9, 2012. (yahoo.com)
- ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- The Taliban are digging in for a 'bloody urban battle' against the Pakistani army in a hotly disputed city in the western part of the country, a strategic expert warned Thursday. (liveleak.com)
- During talks with security experts before the offensive began, Army Chief Gen. Ashfaq Kiyani "was of the opinion that the dynamics of South Waziristan might change if we can take out the Uzbek fighters," says Imtiaz Gul , a security analyst in Islamabad . (csmonitor.com)
- Pakistan and India "have no other option but to engage," Qureshi told reporters in Islamabad on Monday. (ndtv.com)
- No one was immediately available for comment from Islamabad but Pakistan has previously accused Kabul of not doing enough to wipe out militant bases in Afghan border areas like Kunar. (chicagotribune.com)
- Kabul would report Islamabad to the U.N. Security Council if the attacks continued and talks with Pakistan yielded no results over the coming days, Afghanistan's foreign ministry spokesman Faramarz Tamana said. (chicagotribune.com)
- India says the suicide attack was planned and carried out by two terrorist groups based in Pakistan with the tacit support of the government, an allegation Islamabad disputes. (cnn.com)
- Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa has backed Prime Minister Imran Khan 's peace initiatives, saying the new government has extended a hand of peace and friendship towards India with utmost sincerity but it should not be taken as Islamabad 's weakness. (indiatimes.com)
- Islamabad (Dawn.com): The Army's General Headquarters siege ended in the early hours of Sunday after the commando raid at the headquarters to get 42 hostages released and to kill or capture the militants who stormed into the Army head quarters in Rawalpindi a day earlier. (caymanmama.com)
- Islamabad: (Dawn.com): The Pakistan foreign minister, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, has rushed back to Washington to meet Hillary Clinton and discuss the controversial clauses of Kerry - Lugar Bill. (caymanmama.com)
- U.S. Secretary of State Kerry is greeted by US Ambassador to Pakistan Olson upon his arrival in Islamabad on July 31, 2013. (ibtimes.com)
- Ailing Nawaz Sharif a three time Prime Minister of Pakistan was deposed by the Pakistan Army Generals through ISI sponsored weeks long sieges of Islamabad colluded by Imran Khan to emerge as Prime Minister. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- The Pakistan Observer is an English-language daily newspaper published in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore. (pakobserver.net)
- ISLAMABAD, February 13: After a nationwide uproar, protests, demonstrations and condemnation worldwide, Pakistan Army has reluctantly conceded it had taken Captain Hammad, the officer accused of gang raping the lady doctor in Sui, Balochistan, into custody. (antisystemic.org)
- Online News Agency reported on Saturday from Islamabad that a Special Army Investigation team has taken prime suspect in the lady doctor Shazia gang rape case Captain Hammad of Defense Services Group and five other army personnel into custody after finding fresh evidence in the case. (antisystemic.org)
- ISLAMABAD -- The State Department has warned Americans not to travel to Pakistan and evacuated nonessential government personnel from the country's second largest city because of a specific threat to the consulate there, a U.S. official said Friday. (military.com)
- None of the consulates in Pakistan or the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad were affected by the earlier closures. (military.com)
- ISLAMABAD: Adviser to Prime Minister on Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs Miftah Ismail had told the IMF and World Bank that Pakistan was set to achieve high GDP growth rate during current year again and was hoping to maintain this. (newsone.tv)
- ISLAMABAD (AP) - A Taliban suicide bomber blew himself up near a military vehicle carrying a brigadier and two junior officers in a former tribal region in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, wounding all three, officials said. (ap.org)
- Supporters of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz celebrate after a Supreme Court verdict on the Panama Papers in Islamabad on Thursday. (gulf-times.com)
- Imran Khan, chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), speaks after voting in the general election in Islamabad, July 25, 2018. (go.com)
- Pakistan army has now requested the federal government for the possession of land at earliest to build army headquarter in Islamabad. (dailyaftab.pk)
- ISLAMABAD - The Pakistani army said Thursday during a visit by U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates that it can't launch any new offensives against militants for six months to a year to give it time to stabilize existing gains. (nbcnews.com)
- The defense secretary told reporters traveling with him to Islamabad from India that he would reassure Pakistan that the United States is "in this for the long haul. (nbcnews.com)
- ISLAMABAD: China will provide eight submarines to Pakistan Navy by 2028 as four of them would be constructed in China while the rest lot in Pakistan. (dailymailnews.com)
- PM Nawaz Sharif was deposed in a "Judicial Coup" by Army in 2017and left to rot in Pakistani jails denied expert medical treatment. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Pakistan Army Generals had assessed that in the ensuing General Elections PM Nawaz Sharif would be back as Prime Minister and he would be more emboldened to establish civilian supremacy over Pakistan Army. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- It is only lately when doctors raised alarms on his rapidly declining platelet counts and kidney disease that he was given limited bail for medical treatment, Pakistan Army did not want that the end of Nawaz Sharif takes place in jail as such a martyrdom would endow him with the halo of a "Shaheed of Punjab" felled by Pakistan Army. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Why were the Pakistan Army Generals afraid of former PM Bhutto forty years back and lately PM Nawaz Sharif? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Pakistan Army Generals were afraid of Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif because after long years in elected political office at the political helm of Pakistan they both felt politically empowered to attempt establishing civilian supremacy of the politically errant Pakistan Army Generals. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Furthermore, since both Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif were initially 'political creations' of Pakistan Army Generals they considered it as an affront that the very hand hat fed them was now ungratefully ready to bite that hand. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Ironically, by the same token, Prime Ministers Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif were deposed by Pakistan Army Chiefs handpicked and selected by these two Prime Ministers bypassing Generals senior to them---General Zia ul Haq in case of Bhutto and General Qamar Bajwa in case of Nawaz Sharif. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- In case of PM Nawaz Sharif the Pakistan Army Chief did not resort to direct military coup but under corporate pressure of Pakistan Collegium of Corps Commanders contrived a 'Judicial Coup" abetted by then Chief Justice of Pakistan Supreme Court. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- As for the sons of PM Nawaz Sharif, they left Pakistan in 1992 and therefore they are not resident. (com.pk)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan just forced Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to resign after finding that his family had made "tremendous" profits that came from influence he had exerted on their behalf. (sun-sentinel.com)
- When the rape was reported early in January, and Police took action to record statements and arrest those involved, the Army authorities forced the PPL management to cover up the case, refuse permission to the Police to meet the raped lady doctor and shifted her illegally to Karachi. (antisystemic.org)
- KARACHI: Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Monday has said that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) has now become a reality, adding that CPEC will not only bring prosperity in Pakistan but in the entire region. (newsone.tv)
- KARACHI: The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) was remained bearish today (Wednesday) as KSE-100 Index closed at 45478.63 points as compared to 45801.73 points on the last working day with a negative change of 323.10 points. (newsone.tv)
- KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) - Pakistani officials say a bomb blast has killed at least 20 people in a neighborhood dominated by Shiite Muslims in the southern city of Karachi. (yahoo.com)
- KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) - Three days of heavy monsoon rains triggering flash floods killed at least 58 people in various parts of Pakistan, as troops with boats rushed Sunday to evacuate people from flood-affected districts in the country's southern Sindh and southwestern Baluchistan provinces. (ap.org)
- Join Pakistan Army as Medical Cadet in Army Medical Colleges 2017 Registration Online and CMH Lahore, Rawalpindi, Quetta, Karachi, Multan and Bahawalpur Medical College as this is the best career opportunity to capture. (com.pk)
- KARACHI: Pakistan will host the 48th International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) next year at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), Karachi University (KU). (hapka.info)
- The remaining four submarines will be constructed in Pakistan at Karachi Shipyard and these will be handed over to the Pakistan Navy in 2028. (dailymailnews.com)
- The court is also demanding answers from the army and spy agencies over the fate of hundreds of "missing" Pakistanis: suspected militants or separatists picked up and held by military authorities for months and years in secret detentions. (yahoo.com)
- The bill calls for U.S. officials to periodically verify that Pakistan is trying to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons, crack down on Taliban and al Qaida linked militants and prevent them from plotting attacks elsewhere. (voanews.com)
- The Pakistani military is trying to push the Taliban away from the heavily forested and mountainous regions of the Swat district toward the south, so the army can encircle the militants, Bhalla said. (liveleak.com)
- The Pakistan Army claims 42 Taliban militants killed in Waziristan today. (csmonitor.com)
- In the week and a half since launching its three-pronged attack on the Taliban stronghold, the Pakistan Army claims it has killed more than 160 militants and lost two dozen soldiers. (csmonitor.com)
- Hawks in Pakistan and the US have urged Pakistan to used counterinsurgency to clear tribal areas like South Waziristan of militants, hold them with government forces, and bring development to ensure their future loyalty. (csmonitor.com)
- Taliban militants wearing suicide vests fired automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades at an army post in northwestern Pakistan in a pre-dawn raid Saturday, killing 23 people, including 10 civilians, officials said. (sify.com)
- The army has resisted launching an operation there, despite intense U.S. pressure, for fear of a backlash from militants who so far have directed their attacks against U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan rather than inside Pakistan. (sify.com)
- Orakzai is one of the tribal regions where Pakistan army is carrying out massive operations against Islamist militants. (sify.com)
- Kabul has regularly accused elements in Islamabad's government and army of backing militants fighting the U.S.-backed Kabul government - charges denied by Pakistan. (chicagotribune.com)
- The operation has been unleashed in the Rajgal valley of Khyber, one of seven tribal districts, where militants had a strong presence before army recaptured the region in 2015. (indianexpress.com)
- Pakistan accused Afghanistan in the past for sending militants through Khyber for attacks. (indianexpress.com)
- KHAR, Pakistan - Militants killed a Pakistan army captain and two soldiers in an attack early Saturday in a tribal region near its border with Afghanistan, authorities said, as an airstrike killed 13 suspected extremist fighters. (toledoblade.com)
- A group of some 60 militants who crossed over from Afghanistan attacked an army post in the Ghakhi area of the Bajur tribal region, said Shah Nasim, a senior government administrator in Bajur. (toledoblade.com)
- A later statement from the Pakistani army, however, said the militants attacked a vehicle killing the two, not an army post. (toledoblade.com)
- Pakistan has asked Afghanistan's government to take action against the Pakistani militants who escaped a recent military offensive in the Swat Valley and elsewhere for safe havens in eastern Afghanistan. (toledoblade.com)
- Pakistan army launched its operation against Pakistani Taliban and foreign militants in North Waziristan on June 15. (toledoblade.com)
- The surgical strikes took place eleven days after a pre-dawn attack by militants on an Indian army brigade headquarters in Uri in Kashmir on September 18. (indianexpress.com)
- The army believes that the group of terrorists who tried the take over of army head quarters were the same band of militants who had attacked the Sri Lanka's team during their tour to Pakistan. (caymanmama.com)
- Singapore (Dawn.com): After the terrorists attack on the Army General Head Quarters, the Pakistan interior minister, Rehman Malik has said the Militant infected South Waziristan needs surgical operation to clean up the area from the militants. (caymanmama.com)
- Facing the threat of sanctions for not cracking down on militants, Pakistan is again moving against the founder of the terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba. (nytimes.com)
- The announcement likely comes as a disappointment to the U.S., which has pushed Pakistan to expand its military operations to target militants staging cross-border attacks against coalition troops in Afghanistan. (nbcnews.com)
- But the comments by army spokesman Gen. Athar Abbas clearly indicate Pakistan will not be pressured in the near-term to expand its fight beyond militants waging war against the Pakistani state. (nbcnews.com)
- Analysts say such concerns only reinforce the Pakistani government's reluctance to target the Afghan Taliban as requested by the U.S. Pakistan has deep historical ties with the group, and many analysts believe some officials within the government and the military see the militants as an important proxy once coalition troops leave Afghanistan. (nbcnews.com)
- The Pakistan Army cleared Pakistani Taliban militants out of their main strongholds in Bajaur, which borders Afghanistan's Kunar province, after 20 months of intense fighting which ended earlier this year. (reuters.com)
- U.S. pressure on Pakistan has always led to deep resentment within the Pakistan Army, which has taken heavy casualties of its own fighting Pakistani Taliban militants on its side of the border with Afghanistan. (reuters.com)
- The Pakistan Army came into being as a result of the amalgamation of the Muslim troops of the pre-independence British Indian Army. (globalsecurity.org)
- The army has about 15,000 troops on the ground, she said. (liveleak.com)
- But such visions remain a chimera given the limited number of troops Pakistan has available, argues Sameer Lalwani , author of a new report for the New America Foundation that examines the Army's capabilities to carry out counterinsurgency. (csmonitor.com)
- Taheri's comments come a week after Pakistan accused Afghan troops and NATO forces of failing to take action against what it said were Taliban safe havens in Kunar and other areas. (chicagotribune.com)
- Commentators have said Pakistan is trying to stamp its authority on the troubled border region ahead of the withdrawal of international troops from Afghanistan in 2014. (chicagotribune.com)
- Troops from the Pakistan Army also had a relatively strong presence as part of a larger UN and NATO coalition during the Bosnian War and larger Yugoslav Wars. (wikipedia.org)
- Pakistani army troops cordon off a street leading to the Army Public School due to hold a ceremony to mark the first anniversary of the school massacre which left more than150 people dead, in Peshawar on December 16, 2015. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Pakistan Army troops shot down an Indian spying quadcopter in Pandu sector along the Line of Control (LoC), the military's media affairs wing said on Sunday. (timesofpakistan.pk)
- We are alive to threat from the eastern border linked to ongoing situation in Indian-held Kashmir, and fully prepared to thwart any misadventure or aggression," the army chief said while addressing formation officers and troops at formation headquarters in Gilgit, according to an Inter-Services Public Relations press release. (com.pk)
- The army chief appreciated the state of readiness and morale of the troops despite challenges of weather, terrain and the enemy at the highest battlefield of the world. (com.pk)
- The two countries are traditionally close and Saudi Arabia in 2018 gave Pakistan a $3 billion loan and $3.2 billion oil credit facility to help its balance of payments crisis. (yahoo.com)
China-Pakistan Economic Corridor3
- Addressing a ceremony at the Khuzdar University, the Army Chief also expressed confidence that the current security challenges and external efforts to derail Balochistan's peace will end with the growing realisation of assured geo-economic advantages of a fully developed China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), reports the News International. (indianexpress.com)
- The optical fibre being laid as a part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) has improved the communication capabilities of the Pakistani Army to a huge extent. (india.com)
- The committee expressed the views that the responsibilities of Pakistan Navy have further increased in connection with the construction of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). (dailymailnews.com)
- Pakistan violated the ceasefire in two separate incidents along the Line of Control and International Border in Jammu and Kashmir this morning. (ndtv.com)
- The army said multiple infiltration attempts have been foiled near the Line of Control in Machil, Nougam, Uri and Gurez sectors of Jammu and Kashmir. (ndtv.com)
- The Indo-Pak ties strained after the terror attacks by Pakistan-based terrorists in 2016 and India's surgical strikes inside Pakistan-occupied Kashmir . (indiatimes.com)
- But Riyadh is irked by criticism from Pakistan that Saudi Arabia has been lukewarm on the Kashmir territorial dispute, two senior military officials told Reuters, motivating General Qamar Javed Bajwa's planned fence-building visit on Sunday. (yahoo.com)
- India and Pakistan have fought three wars over the divided Himalayan region of Kashmir, which both claim in full. (yahoo.com)
- India in September last year, said it conducted surgical strikes on terrorist launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir along the Line of Control, a claim Pakistan rejected. (indianexpress.com)
- Pakistan Army Chiefs have compulsively resorted to Kashmir-centric military adventurism against India based on flawed and misconceived assessments on Kashmir Valley being ripe for secession from India and a misreading of firmness of resolve of Indian political leaders in responding to their military adventurism. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Be as it may, what is of concern to India as to what impelled the Pakistan Army Chief to indulge in conflict-escalation with Kashmir Valley-centric contours? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Once again like in 1965 and thereafter, yet another Pakistan Army Chief has grossly misread that the Kashmir Valley is ripe for secession from India based on the intensity of the Pakistan Army incited unrest. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Blame for this misreading has to be shared by the Indian policy establishment in its permissive toleration of Kashmir Valley separatists like the Hurriyat leaders openly declaring their loyalties to Pakistan. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Such Indian manifestations seem to have fed Pakistani Army Chief's perceptions that India was adopting appeasement policies to Kashmir Valley seditionists out of fear of loss of the Kashmir Valley because the people of Jammu and Ladakh hate Pakistan. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- 2) Is the Kashmir Valley ripe for secession from India and (3) Are the Indian Armed Forces incapable of stemming and defeating Pakistan Army's Kashmir Valley-centric military adventurism? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- The Indian State is strong enough to exercise strong and effective control over the Kashmir Valley seditionists paid by Pakistan. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Home Top News Army to defend honour, territorial integrity of motherland: COAS Kashmir jugular. (pakobserver.net)
- The Pakistan Army on Thursday said there will be no compromise on Kashmir which denies the right of self-determination to the people of the Indian occupied Muslim majority region. (pakobserver.net)
- Kashmir is a jugular vein of Pakistan and no compromise shall be made which denies right of self-determination to our Kashmiri brethren," the ISPR quoted the army chief as saying. (pakobserver.net)
- Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif, Terming Kashmir as the "jugular vein" of Pakistan, and said the issue should be resolved in accordance with the wishes and aspirations of Kashmiris and in line with UNSC resolutions for lasting peace in the region. (news4gujarat.com)
- To recap, several Pakistani newspapers retracted stories last week which quoted WikiLeaks cables ostensibly accusing India of stirring up trouble in Baluchistan and Waziristan, cited U.S. diplomats as ridiculing the Indian Army, and compared Kashmir to Bosnia in the 1990s. (reuters.com)
- Pakistan pays a heavy price for its claim to Kashmir: higher military spending, domestic instability, and exclusion from Indian markets and the transit trade with Central Asia. (rusi.org)
- The recent crisis between India and Pakistan has been very narrowly defined as a problem that can be resolved if the United States places heavy pressure on Pakistan, or more specifically, Pakistani based militant groups and their infiltration into Kashmir. (brookings.edu)
- As complex as the Kashmir problem is in its political context, the issue of militancy in Pakistan (which is also tied to the Kashmiri freedom struggle) is even more complex. (brookings.edu)
- Other Limitation:-Only Male Unmarried Citizen of Pakistan including Azad kashmir and Gilgat Baltistan. (paktutorial.com)
Qamar Javed Bajwa6
- As of January 2021[update], the current Chief of Army Staff is General Qamar Javed Bajwa, who was appointed to the position on 29 November 2016. (wikipedia.org)
- Pakistani Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa (File photo. (indianexpress.com)
- The new Pakistani Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday rejected Indian claims of surgical strikes and said that Pakistan armed forces were fully geared to respond to any aggression by New Delhi. (indianexpress.com)
- The statement comes after the Corps Commander's Conference presided over by Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa. (pakobserver.net)
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Saturday said the Pakistan Army is fully prepared to thwart any Indian misadventure and aggression. (com.pk)
- APP88-10 RAWALPINDI: October 10 - Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at General Headquarters. (com.pk)
- Of the six given lieutenant general ranks this time, only one is from Piffers, Lt Gen Anwar Ali Hyder, who was director-general, staff duties in COAS (Chief of Army Staff)' Secretariat. (rediff.com)
- Pakistan Armed Forces are fully geared to respond to any aggression by India" COAS. (indianexpress.com)
- WASHINGTON (Web Desk) - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif has arrived in United States on week-long official visit to discuss security issues. (com.pk)
- ATTOCK: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif on Friday said Pakistan Army is the most battle-hardened army in the world and its achievements against terrorism are acknowledged globally. (hapka.info)
- Speaking at the concluding ceremony of the Third Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency Championship held near Attock, the COAS said Pakistan Army's overwhelming achievements in the war against terrorism speak volumes of its professional. (hapka.info)
Chief of Ar2
- On arrival at Quetta on 08 July 2008, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani was received by Commander Southern Command, Lieutenant General Khalid Shamim Wynne. (globalsecurity.org)
- The Pakistan Army is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is by statute a four-star ranking general and a senior member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee appointed by the prime minister and subsequently affirmed by the president. (wikipedia.org)
- However, he has been accompanying the army chief on foreign tours and may have endeared himself to the chief by tweeting overtime on developments pertaining to the Zarb-e-Azb operation against the TTP -- which may have helped build the present cult of Raheel Sharif as a very competent, decisive and popular chief. (rediff.com)
- The Pakistan Army supported and facilitated terrorist attacks against the Indian Army have increased for over a year now during the incumbency of the General Raheel Sharif, the present Pakistan Army Chief due to retire in November 2016. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Will it rain during India-Pakistan ICC World Cup 2019 match? (india.com)
- It's unclear whether the recent surge of attacks in Pakistan will alter the army's calculation. (sify.com)
- The Pakistan Army's primary objective and constitutional mission is to ensure the national security and national unity of Pakistan by defending it against external aggression or the threat of war. (wikipedia.org)
- Image: The Pakistan Army's Hatf-VII cruise missile during its test launch. (army-technology.com)
- The answer to the last question is that the Indian Armed Forces ever since 1947 have not only stemmed and defeated Pakistan Army's military adventurism against India more notably the 1971 War which besides leading to the creation of Bangladesh (erstwhile East Pakistan) but also led to 96,000 Pakistani Army Prisoners of War being in Indian Army custody. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- The Uri terrorists attacks by Pakistan Army affiliated Jaish-e Mohammad brings to a head the crucial question as to how long India can bear Pakistan Army's strategy of a 'Thousand Cuts' without strong reprisals against Pakistan and Pakistan Army in particular? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- This too in an environment when India today is counted as a an emergent major power and when Pakistan Army's repeated military adventurism has incensed Indian public opinion to a feverish pitch demanding strong retribution. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- The available Recruitment Program is Join Pakistan Army 2017 as M Cadet in medical Corps & required qualification for these program is MBBS 4th year or 5th year students. (paktutorial.com)
- Latest advertisement to Join Pakistan Army 2017 as M Cadet in Medical Corps has been published in Express newspaper on 28 May 2017. (paktutorial.com)
- Mirza also served on Kayani's personal staff and was given a prized posting to command 10 Division, Lahore (which usually helps army generals get good plots in Defence Housing Society, Lahore). (rediff.com)
- The Supreme Court issued a notice to DHA Lahore, and asked DHA, the Cantt boards, Pakistan Railways and the NLC to submit a reply within 10 days and explain who gave permission to put up the billboards. (dawn.com)
- Can the Pakistan Army weather the political storm and disturbances likely to follow in the wake of what can be termed as a 'slow death' perpetrated by Pakistan Army and the colluding PM Imran Khan though from Lahore but a Pathan by descent. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- At one point, US General David Petraeus had complained to then army chief (Ashfaq Parvez) Kayani about him, following which General Kayani moved him out of Peshawar to the crucial 111 Brigade command in Rawalpindi (which has traditionally held the key to tank movements in previous coups in Pakistan) . (rediff.com)
- T he recent promotions of three-star generals in the Pakistan Army went almost unnoticed, except for a small disclosure on the Inter-Services Public Relations website on April 9, 2015, but they indicate an interesting course correction that may alter the succession stakes when General Raheel Sharif's term as chief concludes in November, 2016. (rediff.com)
- In 2016, Delhi Police had busted an espionage racket, involving a Pakistan High Commission staffer, Mehmood Akhtar, who was allegedly involved in getting information about BSF deployments along the Indo-Pak border. (indiatimes.com)
- 2016 Asianet-Pakistan 08 May. (thefreelibrary.com)
- File photo: A Lebanese soldier carries his weapon as he stands at an army post in the hills above the Lebanese town of Arsal, near the border with Syria, Lebanon September 21, 2016. (haaretz.com)
- The Pakistan army presses ahead with its offensive against the Taliban in the Swat Valley. (liveleak.com)
- A Pakistani army spokesman says the military offensive has caused many to leave their homes for camps. (liveleak.com)
- Pakistani army spokesman Abbas denied refugees were fleeing direct fire from the army, but said the military offensive had caused many to leave their homes. (liveleak.com)
- Pakistan 's " South Waziristan offensive" has long had the billing of something epic - a beaches-of-Normandy assault on the mountain caves that form the closest thing to an enemy capital in the war on terror. (csmonitor.com)
- Pakistan military on Tuesday launched an offensive in the northwestern tribal region close to Afghan border to check and guard against militant movement along high mountains and in Khyber Agency. (indianexpress.com)
- The Pakistani army launched a major ground offensive against the Pakistani Taliban's main stronghold near the Afghan border in mid-October, triggering a wave of retaliatory violence across the country that has killed more than 600 people. (nbcnews.com)
- Pakistan Army Retribution is a Pakistani first-person shooter video game based upon the 2014 Peshawar school massacre. (wikipedia.org)
- Pakistan Army Retribution is based upon the events of the 2014 Peshawar school massacre, the deadliest terrorist attack in Pakistan. (wikipedia.org)
- The army launched decisive operation called Khber-2 after Peshawar school attack in Khyber and completed in July 2015. (indianexpress.com)
- Pakistan owing to its critical geographical location is involved in a number of security operations including but not limited to those involving American forces at Afghanistan and those with in the country itself against various tribes and extremist movements.9 Throughout these operations, Combined Military Hospital Peshawar received a larger proportion of injured army men either directly or after referral from other centers. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Bassey, investigations editor for the British newspaper The Sunday Mercury , was arrested at the Torkham border crossing, near Peshawar, on his way back into Pakistan from Afghanistan. (cpj.org)
- A former spokesperson for the Pakistani Taliban disputed the army claim that central Taliban leaders had ordered the men to kill Malala and 22 other opponents of the group in the Swat Valley. (pri.org)
- Testifying before the Pakistani senate standing committee on interior and narcotics control on Wednesday, Aftab Sultan, Director General Intelligence Bureau, said the Islamic State (IS) is expanding in Pakistan and coordinating with the Pakistani Taliban ( ET ). (foreignpolicy.com)
- The roots of its modern existence trace back to the British Indian Army that ceased to exist following the partition of the Indian subcontinent, resulting in the parliamentary act that established the sovereign state of Pakistan (as the dominion of Pakistan) from the United Kingdom on 14 August 1947. (wikipedia.org)
- Constitution of Pakistan The Pakistan Army came into its modern birth from the division of the British Indian Army that ceased to exist as a result of the partition of India that resulted in the creation of Pakistan on 14 August 1947. (wikipedia.org)
- On 30 June 1947, the War Department of the British administration in India began planning the dividing of the ~400,000 men strong British Indian Army, but that only begin few weeks before the partition of India that resulted in violent religious violence in India. (wikipedia.org)
- Instytucjonalnie zarządza nimi Departament Armii Stanów Zjednoczonych ( U.S. Department of the Army ), kierowany przez cywilnego urzędnika w randze ministra - sekretarza armii ( Secretary of the Army ), choć od 1947 pozostającego poza ścisłym kierownictwem rządu Stanów Zjednoczonych, tzw. (wikipedia.org)
- Top civilian officials in Pakistan have welcomed the U.S. bill, which would triple non-military aid to the country. (voanews.com)
- The constitution of Pakistan mandates the role of the president of Pakistan as the civilian commander-in-chief of the Pakistani military. (wikipedia.org)
- Pakistan Army is notorious in exterminating duly elected Pakistani Prime Ministers who politically dare to assert civilian supremacy over Pakistan Army Generals. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Pakistan Army Generals, even those with democratic instincts, were loath to return to military barracks and view civilian supremacy as a threat to their over-riding claims on outlandish oversized Defence Budgets and their vested corporate interests in the Fauji Foundation industrial empire. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- A year after Pakistan voted to bring the Pashtun tribal areas into the national civilian court system, the army is still the master of justice there, residents say. (nytimes.com)
- The blitzkrieg with which the Pakistan Army attacked the civilian population on March 26, 1971 in the major cities of Bangladesh (then East Pakistan) did not reach my little sub-division of Munshiganj until about a few weeks later. (thedailystar.net)
- Never in the history of Pakistan has a democratically elected civilian government served out its full term and then been replaced by another one, also through democratic elections. (reuters.com)
- We now have enough evidence that proves the rockets used in these attacks belong to the Pakistani army," the spokesman for Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, Shafiqullah Taheri, told Reuters. (chicagotribune.com)
- Yes he is travelling," Pakistan army spokesman Major General Babar Iftikhar told Reuters, though the official line was that the visit was pre-planned and "primarily military affairs oriented. (yahoo.com)
- The new Pakistan Army when it took over the operations and offices of the British North Command in India in Rawalpindi after independence. (globalsecurity.org)
- Through the Pakistan-China Fiber Optic Project, China has been setting up 820-kilometre long optical fibre cable between the Khunjerab Pass on the China-Pakistan border and Rawalpindi. (india.com)
- Qureshi, of Prime Minister Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf that formed government this month, called for an "uninterrupted dialogue" with India and said he would visit the Afghan capital Kabul to bridge trust in a tense bilateral relationship. (ndtv.com)
- His Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party won the most seats in parliament, upending decades of rule by two of the country's most powerful political dynasties. (go.com)
- Opposition figures denounced the arrest of Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, a senior figure for Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, as part of a political vendetta. (nytimes.com)
- Armies have been played a critical role in emergency responses across the world: The Australian state of Victoria called for military assistance after a spike in coronavirus cases in June, and in Italy, Spain, and South Africa , soldiers patrolled the streets to enforce lockdowns. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Also Saturday, a bomb exploded during a search of a compound in Ghunda Mela area of Orakzai tribal region, killing an army officer and a soldier and injuring two soldiers, according to a military statement. (sify.com)
- Any recreation of the carnage that day seems insensitive" and questioned if the game was made to honour Pakistan Army soldiers. (wikipedia.org)
- As per sources, Pakistan has also built helipads in the premises of the ammunition depot to further assist its soldiers along the border. (india.com)
- This is a low quality mobile video showing a number of Pakistani Army soldiers escorting six blind folded men to a corner, they lined them up and a high ranking officer walks to each of the six person, as if asking them to beg for forgiveness, having received none he conveintly walks back to his jawans and orders them to open fire. (com.pk)
- U.S. officials are concerned India and Pakistan might be tempted to use nuclear weapons. (cnn.com)
- Sources had said the officials were working at the visa section of the Pakistan High Commission and confessed during the interrogation that they worked for Pakistani spy agency ISI. (indiatimes.com)
- The motive of the two officials of Pakistan High Commission, who were declared 'persona non grata' by India on charges of espionage, was to extract details of movement of Army units through trains by befriending railway staffers, police said on Monday. (indiatimes.com)
- Washington (Dawn.com): The US coordinator of international energy affairs, ahead of his meeting with the Pakistani officials confirmed that the US will partner with Pakistan in its quest to over come the energy crises in the country. (caymanmama.com)
- Later Army officers physically intervened and beat the Dera Bugti Police officials out of their area. (antisystemic.org)
- In desperation Baloch Police officials quietly sent the South Asia Tribune all their reports, letters and correspondence of PPL officials to prove that they were being obstructed by the Army in carrying out their legal duties. (antisystemic.org)
- Officials believe the Indian Army is deliberately escalating tensions at the LoC by sending spy drones and by resorting to unprovoked shelling. (timesofpakistan.pk)
- QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) - A bomb targeting an anti-drug force tore through a busy market in southwestern Pakistan near the Afghan border on Monday, killing at least five people and wounding 10 others, police and hospital officials said. (ap.org)
- The decision to handover 1,000 acres to Pakistan Army was taken during the high level meeting of CDA officials on December 19. (dailyaftab.pk)
- Legendary Pakistan paceman Wasim Akram warned Wednesday that bowlers would become "robots" after cricket officials temporarily banned shining the ball with saliva as a coronavirus precaution. (dailymirror.lk)
- Khan and the military have repeatedly denied those charges and the 65-year-old former cricket star told Bloomberg News in early July that the army was filling a vacuum because Pakistan has "such incompetent people dealing with the government's foreign policy. (ndtv.com)
- News about Pakistan, including commentary and archival articles published in The New York Times. (nytimes.com)
- Gates cautioned Pakistan against trying to distinguish between the different militant groups in an essay published Thursday in The News, an English-language Pakistani newspaper. (nbcnews.com)
- We want what you want: a strong, stable, democratic Pakistan," he told a news conference, according to the Washington Post . (reuters.com)
- According to a news release, members of the committee expressed satisfaction over the development made by the Pakistan Navy for securing the coastal areas of Pakistan. (dailymailnews.com)
India and Pakistan2
- Tensions between India and Pakistan have escalated since 14 people were killed in an attack on India's Parliament. (cnn.com)
- Powell designated JEM and LET as foreign terrorist organizations Wednesday, saying both "seek to assault democracy, undermine peace and stability in South Asia and destroy relations between India and Pakistan. (cnn.com)
Taliban in Pakistan1
- Malala Yousafzai became an international symbol of bravery and hope for women after she was targeted by the Taliban in Pakistan two years ago for speaking in favor of girls' education. (pri.org)
- The Pakistan Army has a regimental system but is operationally and geographically divided into command zones, with its most basic fields being the various corps. (wikipedia.org)
- The changes conform to the trait noticed in army chief Raheel Shareef's last set of promotions in April this year: That of sending out newly promoted lieutenants general to important corps commands. (rediff.com)
- In a way, this is a setting right of old army conventions: That of an armoured corps officer heading the Mangla attack corps, while the SFC is traditionally given to an artillery officer. (rediff.com)
- T he promotions now bring the inter-arm balance of 29 lieutenants general to 12 from the infantry, six from the artillery, four from the armoured corps, three from engineers, two from air defence and one each from ordnance and army medical corps. (rediff.com)
- The last promotion is of Surgeon General, Lt General Syed Muhd Imran Majeed, who is from Army Medical Corps and succeeds Lt General Azhar Rashid, retired. (rediff.com)
- Under cover of the army and Frontier Corps, health workers on Thursday administered the vaccine to children in Malikdin Khel. (nextbillion.net)
- w lotnictwie ( Army Air Corps ). (wikipedia.org)
- Update Nov. 28: North Dakota Gov. Dalrymple late Monday issued an immediate order for the removal of thousands of water protectors camped at #OcetiSakowin, which is on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land. (countercurrents.org)
- This came less than a day after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced that it "has no plans for forcible removal. (countercurrents.org)
Afghanistan and Pakistan4
- Both Afghanistan and Pakistan had previously accused the Taliban of carrying out the attacks on Kunar, as part the militant group's insurgency plaguing both sides of the border. (chicagotribune.com)
- Only by pressuring all of these groups on both sides of the border will Afghanistan and Pakistan be able to rid themselves of this scourge for good - to destroy those who promote the use of terror here and abroad," Gates said. (nbcnews.com)
- Just over a year ago, President Barack Obama suggested during a visit to Beijing that China and the United States could cooperate on bringing stability to Afghanistan and Pakistan. (reuters.com)
- Soleimani's successor is an Iranian officer with experience in fomenting trouble in Afghanistan and Pakistan. (rusi.org)
- The Taliban and allied militant groups have stepped up the pace of attacks in Pakistan in recent months, an indication of their strength despite numerous army operations against their strongholds in the northwest. (sify.com)
- A new Pakistani political party controlled by an Islamist with a $10 million US bounty on his head is backing a candidate in a by-election on Sunday, in what a former senior army officer says is a key step in a military-proposed plan to mainstream militant groups. (jihadwatch.org)
- The official declined to go into details about the discussion on U.S. drone strikes, but called Pakistan an important stakeholder in tackling militant extremism perpetrated by the Taliban and the Haqqani network. (ibtimes.com)
- Yet another video can be seen on you tube where apparently Pakistani Army severely beating up the suspected militant. (com.pk)
- Wahab had published several books in Urdu and in Pashto-the language spoken in the border region of Pakistan and parts of neighboring Afghanistan-that criticized local religious leaders and Islamic militant organizations. (cpj.org)
- But it was the first time Afghanistan has held Pakistan directly responsible for hundreds of rocket strikes on the heavily forested Afghan border province of Kunar that it says have killed four civilians since March. (chicagotribune.com)
- Men in Afghan National Army uniforms came into Pakistan in the Ghozdarra area of Kurram. (chicagotribune.com)
- He will be dealing with the militancy connected to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, the Afghan Taliban, and also the simmering Baloch nationalist struggle. (rediff.com)
- The Army is filling a void in areas in which it perceives Imran Khan's government and the civil administration to be weak. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The U.S.-Pakistan security relationship has sunk to its lowest point since the September 11, 2001, attacks, threatening counterterrorism programs. (rferl.org)
- He accused the Pakistani army of helping with the attacks. (sify.com)
- According to Human Rights Watch, more than 400 Shiites were killed in targeted attacks in Pakistan last year. (sify.com)
- Likewise when Police detained the doctors of PPL to record their statements, Army authorities again stopped them, making their interference so blatant that furious Baloch locals took up arms and began rocket attacks. (antisystemic.org)
- Pakistan deployed paramilitary forces and police in major cities on December 16 as it marked the first anniversary of a Taliban school massacre that left 151 people dead, shocking a country already scarred by nearly a decade of attacks. (foreignpolicy.com)
- As informed by the foreign office spokesperson, the Uzbek FM will have a meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi succeeded by delegation-level talks, reported Radio Pakistan. (com.pk)
- As military expenditure soars in Pakistan despite an unprecedented economic catastrophe, Khan's power looks to be waning. (foreignpolicy.com)
- But in Pakistan, where the military has long wielded immense power and sometimes seized direct control, such efforts indicate more than civic mindedness. (foreignpolicy.com)
- A host of retired and serving Army officers sit in prominent government roles, and the military (along with the Inter-Services Intelligence, the country's politically influential and conservative intelligence service) has been overseeing the government's coronavirus response. (foreignpolicy.com)
- The army has repeatedly denied the charges, but the military has directly ruled Pakistan for almost half of its 71-year existence and it continues to assert its grip on foreign and national security policies. (ndtv.com)
- In an answer to a question about military influence, Qureshi said "the foreign policy of Pakistan will be formed here at the foreign office. (ndtv.com)
- Pakistani citizens can enlist for voluntary military service upon reaching 16 years of age, but cannot be deployed for combat until age 18 in accordance with the constitution of Pakistan. (wikipedia.org)
- The Pakistan Army, a major component of the Pakistani military alongside the Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force, is a volunteer force that has seen extensive combat during three major wars with neighbouring India, several border skirmishes on its porous border with Afghanistan as well as a long-running insurgency in Balochistan which it has been combatting alongside Iranian security forces since 1948. (wikipedia.org)
- According to Pakistani military sources, its army has moved armored vehicles and artillery to the border in response to troop movements by India. (cnn.com)
- The military escalation in the tense frontier region has caused "real concern" in the Bush administration, fearful any military posturing or action would hamper its efforts to contain and defeat al Qaeda and Taliban forces in Afghanistan and safeguard U.S. forces inside Pakistan. (cnn.com)
- Only in Pakistan does the military brass have the ear of the Media. (topix.com)
- Usually the miltary is subject to the will of the state - In pakistan the military IS the state. (topix.com)
- From building bunkers to missiles and even warships, China has been assisting Pakistan in modernising its military. (india.com)
- Late Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was President of Pakistan from 1971-1973 and Prime Minister from 1973-1977 when he was deposed in a military coup. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- This time Pakistan Army did not dare a direct military coup but with collusion of then Pakistan Supreme Court Justice got him "Disqualified" on corruption charges which had yet to be proved legally in Court, three months before he could complete his full term. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Pakistan Army has kept its tradition to bring pride and honour to motherland as it won international military drill competition, for the third time, known as Pace Sticking Competition held at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, UK. (com.pk)
- Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) represented Pakistan Army in the exercise, said Director General Inter Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Major General Babar Iftikhar in a tweet. (com.pk)
- Being a military spokesperson, let me say this: Indian aggression aimed towards Pakistan will be responded [to] with full might, there should be no doubt about this. (timesofpakistan.pk)
- In a statement, the military said army chief Gen. Qamar Javed. (ap.org)
- Gates said Thursday that he wouldn't directly press Pakistan to expand its military campaign but would instead ask his hosts what their plans are. (nbcnews.com)
- There I put on an army uniform and climbed into the back of a military truck for the trip to Huang County, where I moved into the famous "Ding Family Compound" barracks and began basic training. (nybooks.com)
- Associated Press writer Abdul Sattar in Quetta, Pakistan, and Matthew Lee in Washington contributed to this report. (military.com)
- The past few days I was being forwarded a shocking video of a few Pakistan Army jawans assissinating six blind-folded shalwar kameez men. (com.pk)
- Lauding the efforts of Prime Minister Khan's government to achieve peace between Pakistan and India, the army chief said peace benefits everyone and it is time to fight disease, poverty and illiteracy instead of fighting against each other. (indiatimes.com)
- He had held discussions with the President, the Prime Minister Of Pakistan and the Army Chief before leaving for the US. (caymanmama.com)
- Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri says the army is preparing for a security operation along a lawless section of the border with Syria. (haaretz.com)
- The family of Pakistan's Prime Minister Muhammad. (sun-sentinel.com)
- A leading senator, Edward J. Markey, a member of the Foreign Relations Committee and lawmaker from President Obama's Democratic Party had severely criticized the administration for supporting India's bid, saying making exemptions for New Delhi for getting membership was a 'dangerous policy' and would infuriate Pakistan. (dailymailnews.com)
Zulfiqar Ali Bh1
- Until the time Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was removed in 1977, Pakistan remained on this track. (brookings.edu)
- Poor public infrastructure, hard-to-reach communities, high population movement, cultural barriers and armed conflict have made it difficult for Pakistan to eliminate the potentially fatal virus, according to health experts. (go.com)
- Army operations targeting insurgent groups in Waziristan and Balochistan are the main causes of conflict-induced displacement in Pakistan today. (internal-displacement.org)
Osama bin L1
- The New York Times' and 'The Washington Post' reported that top generals and officers are angry at what they perceive as Kayani's close relationship with Washington in the wake of last month's U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. (rferl.org)
- Last year, 58 polio cases were reported in Pakistan and four of them were recorded in Sindh (one each in Hyderabad, Mirpurkhas, Larkana and Naushahro Feroze). (dawn.com)
- The major challenge, according to experts, Pakistan is currently facing in its fight against polio is the use of violence against polio workers. (dawn.com)
- To discuss issues related to polio campaign in Karachi's south district, United States consul general in Pakistan Michael Dodman met the deputy commissioner of the district, Mustafa Jamal Kazi, in his office on Friday, APP said. (dawn.com)
- Khyal said she had heard of polio before but, as a young married woman living in a rural village of northwest Pakistan, she didn't fully understand the consequences of not immunizing her children until it was too late for Abid, who was just 18 months old at the time. (go.com)
- But Pakistan has undertaken nationwide, government-backed anti-polio campaigns that have steadily decreased the number of new cases in recent years and have brought the country agonizingly close to zero. (go.com)
- The general election in Pakistan this year posed yet another challenge in the fight to end polio, amid concerns the political campaigns could sidetrack vaccination efforts, according to Aziz Memon, a Pakistani businessman who heads Rotary International's local campaign to wipe out polio. (go.com)
- Strong leadership in Pakistan and continued government support of polio eradication remain key to ensuring that no child will ever again have to suffer from the paralyzing effects of polio. (go.com)
- Health experts were cautiously hopeful that his record of commitment to polio eradication and promises of improving public infrastructure could be what Pakistan needs to stamp out the disease. (go.com)
- Not only the army, but the navy and air force and other institutions like the ASF have gone out of their limits to get involved into money making through sales of land to the civilians. (dawn.com)
- Enrolled cadets and recruits withdrawn I resigned I discharged I dismissed from Armed forces (Army, Navy and Air Force)training academies/institutions on the grounds of discipline, character, medical. (com.pk)
- The Chief Project Director of the Submarines gave a detailed overview of the challenges and future plans of Pakistan Navy. (dailymailnews.com)
- He said Pakistan Navy had inked a contract for the provision of submarines with China according to which the friendly country will construct four submarines in China and will be supplied to Pakistan Navy in mid of 2022-23. (dailymailnews.com)
- The committee recommended that the government may provide requisite funds to Pakistan Navy for meeting its future requirements and to further strengthen the Pakistan Navy in order to face the future challenges. (dailymailnews.com)
- According to the ISPR, the military's media wing, General Bajwa told the conference that the army is fully configured, prepared and determined to defend honour, dignity and territorial integrity of the country at all costs. (pakobserver.net)
- According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the army chief will spend five days in the United States, from Nov 15 to 20, and three days in Brazil. (com.pk)
- Being one of "dozens of videos, jingles and social media items", Pakistan Army Retribution was commissioned by the Pakistan Army and the Punjab Information Technology Board and developed by an independent studio for Android. (wikipedia.org)
- Another Indian daily, the Hindustan Times, reported India has moved short-range missiles to the northern Punjab state along the border with Pakistan. (cnn.com)
- The CJP observed that there were banners of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf or Punjab governor-designate Chaudhry Sarwar's face on every lamppost along Lahore's Mall Road. (dawn.com)
- But it is also relevant to Pakistan, where the killing of the Punjab governor over his opposition to the country's blasphemy laws has shown that what was left of Pakistani secularism, is, if not dead, at least in intensive care. (reuters.com)
- Why the Army kept his "detention" a closely guarded secret for so many days is still a mystery as the Balochi nationalists and Parliamentarians of all parties were unanimously demanding his arrest prior to any serious negotiations to avert an Army operation against Balochi tribesmen. (antisystemic.org)
- On Thursday, the State Department issued a travel warning saying the presence of several foreign and indigenous terrorist groups posed a potential danger to U.S. citizens throughout Pakistan. (military.com)
- In 1971 also again it were Indian Hindus who attacked East Pakistan with USSR & US shenanigans and dismembered Pakistan due to our charlatan leadership. (com.pk)
- This is a modest attempt at recounting a few of the valiant acts of our women during the torrid period when a marauding army was let loose on the villages of then East Pakistan. (thedailystar.net)
- Dont know which "incident" set Trump off but how about, Pakistan is number 1 in the world for Honor, & blasphemy murders. (jihadwatch.org)
- Qureshi also said Pakistan would seek "straight talks" with the U.S. and that trust in the troubled relationship has to be rebuilt. (ndtv.com)
- And that is why, despite India's action of recalling their ambassador, Pakistan has not taken a similar action. (cnn.com)
- The recent postings and promotions of three-star generals in the Pakistan Army have propelled some of former chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani's favourites to traditionally important positions, says Rana Banerji. (rediff.com)
- O verall, the postings/promotions could be indicative of new constraints on the army chief from within the senior collegiate generals' lobby, who usually sit in on the vetting of promotions from two stars to three-star generals but do not have a final say in actual postings, which remain the chief's prerogative. (rediff.com)
- Which factors embolden Pakistan Army Generals to attempt extermination of strong Prime Ministers? (southasiaanalysis.org)
- In short Pakistan Army Generals combine at any moment of time is hungry for political power having tasted it for decades. (southasiaanalysis.org)
- Today, the Army claimed it had killed 42 in its march toward Taliban strongholds. (csmonitor.com)
- His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani received the credentials of the ambassador of Pakistan to Qatar, Syed Ahsan Raza Shah, at the Amiri Diwan on Monday. (gulf-times.com)
- The Amir welcomed the new ambassador and wished him success in his mission and the relations between Qatar and Pakistan further progress and prosperity. (gulf-times.com)
- The Ambassador has approached the White House, the State Department, important Congressional leaders and significant think-tanks and opinion makers in the US to build a case for Pakistan and seek their support for the membership. (dailymailnews.com)
- The Ambassador has also assured the US leadership that Pakistan shares the international concerns against proliferation of WMDs and their means of delivery. (dailymailnews.com)
- Now Major General Shaukat Sultan has officially admitted that Captain Hammad, the main accused, was with the Army authorities for many days. (antisystemic.org)
- Formal letter of possession of land is not issued ye by the Capital Development authorities to Pakistan Army. (dailyaftab.pk)
- Toward the beginning of July I was transferred to Manikganj at the Army authorities' behest after a month long enquiry against me on my suspected role in March 1971. (thedailystar.net)
- However, the proposed merger of various media regulatory authorities into Pakistan Media Regulatory Authority would be problematic and counter productive as the Press Council has been formed as a voluntary organization whereas PEMRA is a regulatory body formed by the govt with a different role. (pakobserver.net)
- The Constitution of Pakistan establishes the principal land warfare uniform branch in the Pakistan Armed Forces as its states: The Armed Forces shall, under the directions of the Federal Government, defend Pakistan against external aggression or threat of war, and, subject to law, act in aid of civil power when called upon to do so. (wikipedia.org)
- The general will argue that Pakistan must maintain its nuclear capability to combat the threat from arch-rival India," he added. (com.pk)
- Pakistan has also pressured Washington to end its covert campaign of drone strikes in the country's lawless tribal areas bordering Afghanistan. (rferl.org)
- The danger exists that this becomes a tribal issue," says Shuja Nawaz , a Pakistan analyst with The Atlantic Council , a Washington -based think tank. (csmonitor.com)
- Police said Sangi was killed in crossfire, although some colleagues believe he may have been deliberately targeted for the station's reporting on a jirga , or tribal council, held by leaders of the Unar tribe, according to the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists. (cpj.org)
- Pakistan is currently developing advanced variants of Babur, which are expected to have an operational range of 1,000km and will be capable of launching from the navy's Agosta 90B Khalid-class submarines. (army-technology.com)