A plant family of the order Liliales, subclass Liliidae, class Liliopsida. Members of the family have narrow, lance-shaped, sometimes fleshy or toothed leaves that are clustered at the base of each plant. Most species have large flower clusters containing many flowers. The fruit is a capsule or berry.
The air-dried exudate from the unripe seed capsule of the opium poppy, Papaver somniferum, or its variant, P. album. It contains a number of alkaloids, but only a few - MORPHINE; CODEINE; and PAPAVERINE - have clinical significance. Opium has been used as an analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, and antispasmodic.
Biography as Topic
Encyclopedias as Topic
Advertising as Topic
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
The transmission and reproduction of transient images of fixed or moving objects. An electronic system of transmitting such images together with sound over a wire or through space by apparatus that converts light and sound into electrical waves and reconverts them into visible light rays and audible sound. (From Webster, 3rd ed)
Extensive collections, reputedly complete, of facts and data garnered from material of a specialized subject area and made available for analysis and application. The collection can be automated by various contemporary methods for retrieval. The concept should be differentiated from DATABASES, BIBLIOGRAPHIC which is restricted to collections of bibliographic references.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (U.S.)
Ribosome Inactivating Proteins, Type 2
Antibacterial potentiality of Argemone mexicana solvent extracts against some pathogenic bacteria. (1/3)The sensitivity of two Gram positive (Staphylococcus aureus and Bacillus subtilis) and two Gram negative (Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa) pathogenic multi-drug resistant bacteria was tested against the crude extracts (cold aqueous, hot aqueous, and methanol extracts) of leaves and seeds of Argemone mexicana L. (Papaveraceae) by agar well diffusion method. Though all the extracts were found effective, yet the methanol extract showed maximum inhibition against the test microorganisms followed by hot aqueous extract and cold aqueous extract. (+info)
Evaluation of toxicity of plant extracts against vector of lymphatic filariasis, Culex quinquefasciatus. (2/3)BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES: Conventional insecticides are generally used as larvicides to control Culex quinquefasciatus, vector of lymphatic filariasis. This study was undertaken to evaluate the larvicidal activity of some potential larvicidal plants leaf extracts against Cx. quinquefasciatus larvae. METHODS: The toxic effects of petroleum ether leaf extracts of plants viz., Argemone mexicana (Mexican prickly poppy), Clausena dentata (Dentate), Cipadessa baccifera (Rana bili), Dodonaea angustifolia (Hop bush) and Melia dubia (Pride of India) were evaluated under laboratory conditions in individual and in combination against 3 rd - 4 th instar larvae of Cx. quinquefasciatus. RESULTS: The results indicated that among the selected plants, A. mexicana showed maximum larvicidal activity with an LC 50 value of 48.89 ppm. Its toxicity was enhanced when the extract was mixed (1:1) with that of C. dentata as the LC 50 value became 28.60 ppm indicating synergistic action of A. mexicana. INTERPRETATION & CONCLUSIONS: Our results showed high larvicidal potential in A. mexicana leaf extract, and it also showed additive effect when mixed with C. dentata extract. (+info)
Pharmacological efficacy of argemone mexicana plant extract, against cysteamine-induced duodenal ulceration in rats. (3/3)(+info)
Argemone polyanthemos in Flora of North America @ efloras.org
14. Argemone polyanthemos (Fedde) G. B. Ownbey, Mem. Torrey Bot. Club. 21: 128. 1958. Argemone intermedia Sweet var. polyanthemos Fedde in H. G. A. Engler, Pflanzenr. 40[IV,104]: 283. 1909. Plants annual or biennial. Stems 4-8(-12) dm, sparingly prickly. Leaf blades: abaxial surface scattered-prickly on main veins, adaxial surface unarmed; proximal lobed 2/3 distance to midrib; distal clasping. Inflorescences: buds ellipsoid-oblong, body 15-22 × 10-15 mm, sparingly prickly; sepal horns terete, 6-10(-15) mm, usually unarmed. Flowers 7-10 cm broad, usually closely subtended by 1-2 foliaceous bracts; petals white, very rarely lavender; stamens 150 or more; filaments lemon yellow; pistil 3-4-carpellate. Capsules narrowly to broadly ellipsoid, 35-50 × 10-17 mm (including stigma and excluding prickles), prickly, surface clearly visible, prickles widely spaced, longest 4-10(-12) mm, interspersed with a few shorter ones. Seeds ca. 2 mm. 2 n = 28.. Flowering spring-summer; fruiting late spring-summer. ...
Argemone polyanthemos (White Prickly Poppy) --- Rareplants.eu
40 (70)cm, |b|White Prickly Poppy|/b| is an annual species from arid areas in southwestern USA. It makes several quite large, pure white flower plates above spiny greyish green leaves with nicely contrasting pale green nerves. For any rich, well drained soil in full sun. Sow directly to the ground a
Cytotoxic effects of Bangladeshi medicinal plant extracts
To investigate the cytotoxic effect of some Bangladeshi medicinal plant extracts, sixteen Bangladeshi medicinal plants were successively extracted with n-hexane, dichloromethane, methanol and water. The methanolic and aqueous extracts were screened for cytotoxic activity against healthy mouse fibroblasts (NIH3T3) and three human cancer cell lines (gastric: AGS; colon: HT-29; and breast: MDA-MB-435S) using the MTT assay. Two methanolic extracts (Hygrophila auriculata and Hibiscus tiliaceous) and one aqueous extract (Limnophila indica) showed no toxicity against healthy mouse fibroblasts, but selective cytotoxicity against breast cancer cells (IC50 1.1-1.6 mg/mL). Seven methanolic extracts from Limnophila indica, Clerodendron inerme, Cynometra ramiflora, Xylocarpus moluccensis, Argemone mexicana, Ammannia baccifera and Acrostichum aureum and four aqueous extracts from Hygrophila auriculata, Bruguiera gymnorrhiza, Xylocarpus moluccensis and Aegiceras corniculatum showed low toxicity (IC50 ,2.5 ...
Shayari Hi Shayari-Images Download,Dard Ishq,Love,Zindagi, Yaadein, Funny,New Year ,Ghazal 2018.
An adulterant is any fixing which when present in nourishment is harmful to wellbeing. This definition has been given by the Indian Counteractive action of Sustenance Debasement Act (PFA) authorized in 1954. The usually contaminated foodstuffs are heartbeats, flavors, espresso, tea grounds, eatable oils, ghee, spread, flour, and so forth. Heartbeats are blended with relating khesari heartbeat, simmered tamarind and date seeds are ground into espresso powder, depleted tea leaves or shaded saw tidy are blended into crisp tea, modest seeds are blended with dark pepper, cumin, cardamom and consumable oils are tainted with non-eatable oils. We have specified before that seeds of Argemone mexicana are harmful and are inadvertently blended with mustard seeds. Tragically that oil from these seeds is removed and is utilized to taint coconut, seasame and groundnut oils. Frequently it is seen that the purported crisp shelled peas sold in the market are really, dry peas absorbed water that are shaded to ...
Mexican poppy Facts and Health Benefits
Mexican poppy, Argemone mexicana is the herb which supports for Anti-bacterial, Anti-diabetic, Anti-cancer, Analgesic, Hallucinating and Sedative properties.
Items where Author is Alcantara-Lopez, Maria Gabriela - Mashhad University of Medical Sciences Repository
Arcos-Martínez, Aideé Itzel and Muñoz-Muñiz, Omar David and Domínguez-Ortiz, Miguel Ángel and Saavedra-Vélez, Margarita Virginia and Maribel Vázquez-Hernández, Maribel and Alcantara-Lopez, Maria Gabriela (2016) Anxiolytic-like effect of ethanolic extract of Argemone mexicana and its alkaloids in Wistar rats. Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine, 6 (4). pp. 476-488. ...
Most recent papers with the keyword Cd3+ | Read by QxMD
Consumption of edible oils contaminated with Argemone oil (AO) leads to a clinical condition called Epidemic dropsy. Earlier studies have reported that metabolism and oxidative stress primarily contributes to AO toxicity, however, the involvement of immune system has not been assessed so far. Therefore, the present study was undertaken to systematically assess the effect of AO exposure on the function of immune system in Balb/c mice. The repeated exposure of AO for 28 days caused prominent regression of spleen and thymus; severe inflammatory changes in spleen depicted by the loss of distinct follicles, increased megakaryocyte infiltration, and enhanced expression levels of inflammatory markers (iNOS & COX-2 ...
List of plants used for smoking - Wikipedia
Various plants are used around the world for smoking due to various chemical compounds they contain and the effects of these chemicals on the human body. This list contains plants that are smoked, rather than those that are used in the process of smoking or in the preparation of the substance. ...
Ghrelin accelerates the healing of cysteamine-induced duodenal ulcers in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
ASOCIACION MEXICANA DE JARDINES BOTANICOS A.C. - PDF - Automóviles
ASOCIACION MEXICANA DE JARDINES BOTANICOS A.C. UNAM. México, D.F. VOCAL ZONA NORESTE: M. en C. Andrés Rodríguez. Jardín Botánico Efraím Hernández X. …
Effect of nitrofurans on duodenal ulceration induced by cysteamine or indometacin<...
TY - JOUR. T1 - Effect of nitrofurans on duodenal ulceration induced by cysteamine or indometacin. AU - Ali, B. H.. PY - 1991. Y1 - 1991. N2 - The present experiments examined the protective effect of the nitrofuran drugs, furazolidone (FZ) and nitrofurazone (NF), on duodenal ulceration induced by cysteamine or indometacin in rats. FZ at oral doses of 25, 50 or 100 mg/kg for 2 consecutive days significantly reduced, in a dose-dependent manner, the incidence and extent of cysteamine-induced ulceration. However, oral NF (100 mg/kg) given for 2 consecutive days had no significant effect on duodenal ulceration. The duodenal mucus content of rats was not significantly affected by either FZ or cysteamine treatments. FZ at an oral dose of 100 mg/kg for 2 consecutive days significantly reduced the incidence and extent of indometacin-induced ulceration. Smaller doses of 25 or 50 mg/kg had no significant effects.. AB - The present experiments examined the protective effect of the nitrofuran drugs, ...
Use of resting myocardial 18F-FDG imaging in the detection of unstable angina. | Sigma-Aldrich
Sigma-Aldrich offers abstracts and full-text articles by [Ke-Fei Dou, Bo-Qia Xie, Xiao-Jin Gao, Yan Li, Yue-Jin Yang, Zuo-Xiang He, Min-Fu Yang].
How to Perform a Longitudinal Study: Tracking Your Performance Over Time | SurveyMonkey
One survey is great, but more surveys is better. Heres how (and why) you can run longitudinal studies to track changes in peoples attitudes and behavior.
Traditional African medicine
Argemone mexicana (iKhakhakhakha). This root decoction is mixed with the roots of the rubus pinnatus (iqunube) and is ...
Argemone seeds yield approximately 35% oil. Alkaloid content in argemone oil varies from 0.44% to 0.50%. Argemone seeds find ... Argemone mexicana (family Papaveraceae), a native of West Indies and naturalized in India, is known as "Shailkanta" in Bengal ... Adulteration of argemone seeds in light yellow colored mustard seeds (Brassica compestris) can easily be detected, but these ... Nitric acid test and paper chromatography test are used in the detection of argemone oil. Paper chromatography test is the most ...
Chelidonine Santos AC, Adkilen P (1932). "The Alkaloids of Argemone Mexicana". Journal of the American Chemical Society. 54 (7 ... Das M, Khanna SK (May 1997). "Clinicoepidemiological, toxicological, and safety evaluation studies on argemone oil". Critical ... Argemone mexicana), Chelidonium majus, and Macleaya cordata. Sanguinarine is a toxin that kills animal cells through its action ...
It is found in plants in the family Papaveraceae, including Argemone mexicana. Protopine Allocryptopine Brahmachari, Goutam; ... Gorai, Dilip; Roy, Rajiv (2013-05-01). "Argemone mexicana: Chemical and pharmacological aspects". Revista Brasileira de ...
List of Ngorongoro Crater plants
Argemone mexicana L. Artemisia afra Jacq. ex Willd. Aspilia mossambicensis (Oliv.) Wild Bidens schimperi Sch.Bip. ex Walp. ...
... is a bioactive alkaloid found in plants of the Papaveraceae family, including Glaucium arabicum and Argemone ... Brahmachari, Goutam; Gorai, Dilip; Roy, Rajiv (2013-05-01). "Argemone mexicana: Chemical and pharmacological aspects". Revista ...
El Paso Museum of Archaeology
Prickly Poppy (Argemone pleiacantha) in spring bloom. Ocotillo Leaves in front of the El Paso Museum of Archaeology. Cholla ...
Kuno National Park
Senna tora and Argemone mexicana are also common. The main predators occurring in the protected area are Indian leopard, jungle ...
Surrounding areas grow Argemone mexicana and Ipomoea carnea. Around 37 species of flora have been reported in the vicinity of ...
List of plants of Burkina Faso
Arachis hypogaea L. Argemone mexicana L. Argyreia nervosa (Burm.f.) Bojer Aristida adscensionis L. Aristida funiculata Trin. & ...
Argemone - prickly poppy. *Romneya - matilija poppy and relatives. *Canbya - pygmy poppy. *Stylomecon - wind poppy ...
Die geelblom-bloudissel (Argemone mexicana) is 'n indringerplant in Suid-Afrika. Die plant is inheems aan Wes-Indië en ... "Yellow-flowered Mexican poppy - Argemone mexicana". Invasive Species South Africa. Verkry op 2 Junie 2017.. ... Correlation of DNA damage in epidemic dropsy patients to carcinogenic potential of argemone oil and isolated sanguinarine ...
Argemone, Meconopsis, Sanguinária, Bocconia, Roemeria, Glaucium, Chelidonium, Hypecoum Ordo 10. Fumariaceae Genus: Diclytra, ...
Argemone mexicana, Farsetia hamiltonii, Tephrosia purpurea, Cleome viscosa, Tribulus terrestris, Glinus lotoides, Sericostoma ...
Argemonidium includes four annual, half-rosette species, P. argemone, P. pavonium, P. apulum, and P. hybridum (Kadereit 1986a ... Papaver apulum, P. argemone and P. pavonium occur allopatrically from the Adriatic Sea to the Himalayan range. P. hybridum is ... dwarf poppy Papaver amurense Papaver apokrinomenon Papaver apulum Papaver arachnoideum Papaver arenarium Papaver argemone : ...
S)-Cheilanthifoline is a benzylisoquinoline alkaloid (BIA) which has been isolated from Corydalis dubia and Argemone mexicana.[ ...
Kingsley later fictionalized this meeting as that of Argemone with Lancelot Smith in his first novel Yeast (1848). Despite ...
Robert Sweet (botanist)
Peppermint Argemone ochroleuca Sweet - Mexican Poppy Babiana angustifolia Sweet Banksia dryandroides Sweet - Dryandra-leaved ...
Consumer Guidance Society of India
... forty persons suffered dropsy and glaucoma after consuming groundnut oil adulterated with toxic argemone oil. The victims did ...
Western North America Argemone L. - North America, Antilles, central and southern America, Hawaii Canbya Parry - Western North ...
... norlaudanosoline-6-O-methyltransferase from Argemone platyceras cell cultures". Planta Med. 49 (11): 131-137. doi:10.1055/s- ...
Western North America Argemone L. - North America, Antilles, central and southern America, Hawaii Canbya Parry - Western North ... The basic chromosome number, x, is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, up to 2n = 84 (dodecaploidy) in species of Papaver, Argemone and ...
It is a toxic alkaloid herbal extract, obtained from plants such as Sanguinaria canadensis (Bloodroot), Argemone mexicana ( ...
Argemone mexicana) seed oil. Dropsy may also refer to: Dropsy (Hergé), a comic series by Hergé Dropsy (video game), a 2015 ...
Bidens mottle virus
It has also been found in five common weeds including the Mexican pricklepoppy (Argemone mexicana) and the invasive weed, ...
Cynodon dactylon and Argemone mexicana. The lagoon is visited by large numbers of migratory water birds during the winter. ...
Sacramento Mountains (New Mexico)
The mountains are the only home of the Sacramento prickly poppy (Argemone pinnatisecta), a federally listed endangered plant ... ISBN 978-0-937206-88-1 Argemone pleiacantha. Center for Plant Conservation Cirsium vinaceum. Archived 2010-12-15 at the Wayback ...
Victor A. Reko
... supposedly obtained from a cross between Argemone mexicana and Papaver somniferum), minapatli (Sebastiania pavoniana, Mexican ...
List of Papaverales of Montana
... blackspot hornpoppy Papaver argemone, pale rough-fruit poppy Papaver pygmaeum, alpine glacier poppy Papaver radicatum ssp. ... Papaveraceae Argemone polyanthemos, white prickly-poppy Chelidonium majus, celandine Glaucium corniculatum, ...
List of vascular plants of Norfolk Island
Papaveraceae Argemone subfusiformis (Naturalised) Papaver somniferum (Naturalised) Passifloraceae Passiflora aurantia ...
Argemone - Wikimedia Commons
Category:Argemone polyanthemos - Wikimedia Commons
Argemone polyanthemos (it); Argemone polyanthemos (fr); Argemone polyanthemos (ast); Argemone polyanthemos (ru); Argemone ... Argemone polyanthemos (ga); Argemone polyanthemos (bg); Argemone polyanthemos (ceb); Argemone polyanthemos (pl); Argemone ... Argemone polyanthemos (sv); Argemone polyanthemos (en); أرجمون كثير الأزهار (ar); Argemone polyanthemos (es); Argemone ... Argemone • Species: Argemone polyanthemos (Fedde) G.B.Ownbey (1958) ...
Argemone - Wikipedia
Argemone is a genus of flowering plants in the family Papaveraceae commonly known as prickly poppies. There are about 32 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Argemone. Flora of North America. Gledhill, D. (2008). The Names of Plants (4 ed.). ... as A. armeniaca L.) "Genus: Argemone L." Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. 2001 ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "GRIN Species Records of Argemone". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United ...
Papaver argemone - Wikipedia
"Papaver argemone". rhs.org.uk. Retrieved 1 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Taxon: Papaver argemone L." ... Papaver argemone is a species of flowering plant in the poppy family Papaveraceae. Its common names include long pricklyhead ... See Argemone (a genus of flowering plants in the family Papaveraceae commonly known as prickly poppies). It was formerly ... P. argemone was verified by United States Department of Agriculture and the Agricultural Research Service on 10 May 1996, then ...
Plants Profile for Argemone pleiacantha (southwestern pricklypoppy)
Argemone pleiacantha ssp. pinnatisecta southwestern pricklypoppy Argemone pleiacantha ssp. pleiacantha southwestern ... click on a thumbnail to view an image, or see all the Argemone thumbnails at the Plants Gallery ... The Plants Database includes the following 3 subspecies of Argemone pleiacantha . Click below on a thumbnail map or name for ...
UC/JEPS: Jepson Manual treatment for PAPAVER argemone
Southwest Colorado Wildflowers, Argemone
Argemone polyanthemos. Synonyms: Argemone albiflora and Argemone intermedia. (Crested Prickly Poppy). Papaveraceae (Poppy ... Argemone polyanthemos. Synonyms: Argemone albiflora and Argemone intermedia. (Crested Prickly Poppy). Papaveraceae (Poppy ... Argemone polyanthemos. Synonyms: Argemone albiflora and Argemone intermedia. (Crested Prickly Poppy). Papaveraceae (Poppy ... Argemone corymbosa var. arenicola. (Mojave Prickly Poppy). Papaveraceae (Poppy Family) Semi-desert. Desert valleys in sand. ...
Argemone in Flora of China @ efloras.org
Argemone albiflora White Prickly Poppy, Bluestem pricklypoppy PFAF Plant Database
Argemone albiflora is a ANNUAL growing to 1.5 m (5ft) by 0.5 m (1ft 8in). It is hardy to zone (UK) 7. It is in flower from May ... Argemone albiflora is a ANNUAL growing to 1.5 m (5ft) by 0.5 m (1ft 8in). It is hardy to zone (UK) 7. It is in flower from May ... i want information on Argemone seeds and what is its common name of it in India ...
Argemone mexicana in Flora of China @ efloras.org
Argemone pleiacantha in Flora of North America @ efloras.org
Argemone polyanthemos (White Prickly Poppy) --- Rareplants.eu
Argemone mexicana: info from PIER (PIER species info)
Argemone mexicana: info from PIER from the Pacific Island Ecosystems at Risk project (PIER) (http://www.hear.org/pier/). ... Argemone mexicana L., Papaveraceae Click on an image for links to BIGGER PICTURES. ... Control: If you know of control methods for Argemone mexicana, please let us know.. Need more info? Have questions? Comments? ...
A highly specific O-methyltransferase for nororientaline synthesis isolated from Argemone platyceras cell cultures
Argemone albiflora - Species Page - ISB: Atlas of Florida Plants
Argemone alba Argemone alba Rafinesque, Fl. Ludov. 83. 1817.. TYPE: LOUISIANA:. Argemone georgiana Argemone georgiana Croom, ... Argemone albiflora Hornem. - BLUESTEM PRICKLYPOPPY. Citation. Citation. ARGEMONE ALBIFLORA Hornemann, Hort. Bot. Hafn. 489. ... Argemone mexicana var. albiflora Argemone mexicana Linnaeus, var. albiflora de Candolle, Syst. Nat. 2: 86. 1821.. ... Argemone vulgaris var. albiflora Argemone vulgaris Spach, var. albiflora (Hornemann) Spach, Hist. Nat. Vég. 2: 86. 1839.. ...
In vitro anti-proliferative activity of Argemone gracilenta and identification of some active components | BMC Complementary...
In this study, we evaluated the anti-proliferative activity of Argemone gracilentas methanol extract and its fractions. We ... and a mixture of fatty acids and fatty acid esters with the anti-proliferative activity displayed by Argemone gracilenta. ... Species such as Argemone mexicana, Argemone pleiacantha, and Argemone ochroleuca have shown a variety of medicinal properties, ... Argemone gracilenta, another species of the Argemone genus, grows in desert terrains mainly in the state of Arizona, South of ...
Premium Prickly Poppy (Argemone mexicana) extract, foliage, seeds, latex. Bouncing Bear Botanicals, a major supplier of sacred...
Bouncing Bear Botanicals supplies quality Prickly Poppy Argemone Mexicana (Prickly Poppy) is fast growing, very ornamental and ... Argemone Mexicana (Prickly Poppy). Argemone Mexicana (Prickly Poppy) is fast growing, very ornamental and covered with prickles ... Argemone mexicana had many medicinal uses through history. Prickly Poppys chemical constituents include protopine, berberine, ...
Online Drugs: A Closer Look | PCWorld
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The University of Texas at Austin
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The University of Texas at Austin
NEON Biorepository Data Portal - Argemone pleiacantha
Consortium of Intermountain Herbaria - Argemone pleiacantha
Consortium of Intermountain Herbaria - Argemone munita
Antifungal and Anticancer Potential of Argemone mexicana L. - pdf descargar
Antifungal and Anticancer Potential of Argemone mexicana L.. . Biblioteca virtual para leer y descargar libros, documentos, ... Keywords: Argemone mexicana; antifungal potential; cold aqueous and methanolic extract; trypan blue assay Argemone mexicana; ... Argemone mexicana L. A. mexicana, commonly found on desolate land of Marathwada Maharashtra, India has been used to treat oral ... Antifungal and Anticancer Potential of Argemone mexicana L. - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para ...
A study on toxicity of argemone oil in experimental animals. | IMSEAR
instance:"regional") AND ( year_cluster:("2002") AND pais_afiliacao:("^iUnited States^eEstados"))(instance:"regional") AND ( year_cluster:("2002") AND pais_afiliacao:("^iUnited States^eEstados"))(instance:"regional") AND ( year_cluster:("2002") AND pais_afiliacao:("^iUnited States^eEstados"))(instance:"regional") AND ( year_cluster:("2002") AND pais_afiliacao:("^iUnited States^eEstados ...
Functional Traits Plasticity of the Invasive Herb |i|Argemone ochroleuca|/i| Sweet in Different Arid Habitats. | Plants (Basel...
This study compares the vegetative and reproductive functional traits of the invasive Mexican poppy (Argemone ochroleuca), in ... Functional Traits Plasticity of the Invasive Herb Argemone ochroleuca Sweet in Different Arid Habitats. ... Functional Traits Plasticity of the Invasive Herb ,i,Argemone ochroleuca,/i, Sweet in Diff ...
seeds of Argemone mexicana, Prickly Poppy seeds, fresh and viable - Asklepios-seeds
Argemone mexicana belongs to the family of the Papaveraceae, the poppy family. It is native to Central America, Brasilia, India ... h1,Argemone mexicana, Mexican poppy seeds,/h1, ,p, ,/p, ,p,,span style=font-size: medium;, ... Argemone mexicana, Mexican poppy seeds. Argemone mexicana belongs to the family of the Papaveraceae, the poppy family. It is ...
Alphabetical Browse | Britannica.com
Argemone hispida (plant). Rough prickly poppy (Argemone hispida), of the Rocky Mountains, is densely prickled. Common garden ... Argemone grandiflora (plant). Rough prickly poppy (Argemone hispida), of the Rocky Mountains, is densely prickled. Common ... Argemone mexicana (plant). ...A. grandiflora, with large cup-shaped white or yellow blooms; the crested, or thistle, poppy (A. ... Argemone (plant). genus of approximately 30 species of North American and West Indian plants (one species is endemic to Hawaii ...
HOSTS - The Hostplants and Caterpillars Database at the Natural History Museum
- Argemone Mexicana (Prickly Poppy) is fast growing, very ornamental and covered with prickles. (bouncingbearbotanicals.com)
- Argemone mexicana had many medicinal uses through history. (bouncingbearbotanicals.com)
- Antifungal and Anticancer Potential of Argemone mexicana L. (duhnnae.com)
- Antifungal and Anticancer Potential of Argemone mexicana L. - Descarga este documento en PDF. (duhnnae.com)
- Argemone mexicana L. A. mexicana, commonly found on desolate land of Marathwada Maharashtra, India has been used to treat oral cavity infections. (duhnnae.com)
- Argemone mexicana belongs to the family of the Papaveraceae, the poppy family. (asklepios-seeds.de)
- Die geelblom-bloudissel ( Argemone mexicana ) is 'n indringerplant in Suid-Afrika . (wikipedia.org)
- Wikimedia Commons bevat media in verband met Argemone mexicana . (wikipedia.org)
- The Herbs Antique Research Botanical Society (HARBS) has claimed to have rediscovered the rare herb 'swarnkshiri' or 'argemone mexicana' in Himachal Pradesh. (tribuneindia.com)
- In page 35, Argemone mexicana is wrongly written as A. mexcicana. (google.ca)
- Some floral abnormalities, for Argemone mexicana have been studied morphologically and anatomically. (ias.ac.in)
- Argemone is a genus of flowering plants in the family Papaveraceae commonly known as prickly poppies. (wikipedia.org)
- Papaver argemone is a species of flowering plant in the poppy family Papaveraceae. (wikipedia.org)
- CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Robert E. Gough and Cheryl Moore-Gough The Complete Guide to Saving Seeds: 322 Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, Flowers Trees and Shrubs, p. 206, at Google Books Archibald William Smith A Gardener's Handbook of Plant Names: Their Meanings and Origins, p. 43, at Google Books "Papaveraceae Papaver argemone L." ipni.org. (wikipedia.org)
- Cholinesterase and Prolyl Oligopeptidase Inhibitory Activities of Alkaloids from Argemone platyceras (Papaveraceae). (semanticscholar.org)
- CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Taxon: Papaver argemone L." ars-grin.gov. (wikipedia.org)
- CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Accepted scientific name: Papaver argemone Takht. (wikipedia.org)
- Alkaloid chemistry and the systematics of Papaver and Argemone . (efloras.org)
- The basic chromosome number , x , is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, up to 2n = 84 (dodecaploidy) in species of Papaver , Argemone and Meconopsis . (lycaeum.org)
- The precise identification of Argemone species is problematic and a revision of the genus is in process by Andrea Schwarzbach. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- as A. armeniaca L.) "Genus: Argemone L." Germplasm Resources Information Network. (wikipedia.org)
- Argemone gracilenta, another species of the Argemone genus, grows in desert terrains mainly in the state of Arizona, South of the United States, and in the states of Sonora and Baja California Sur, northern Mexico. (biomedcentral.com)
- Argemone polyanthemos is sometimes identified as A. albiflora but the latter is apparently a species of the southeast United States. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- Other Argemone species have different arrangements of prickles on leaf surfaces. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- Argemone polyanthemos is a central plains species introduced to the West Slope of the Rockies, probably through roadside seeding. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- The Kawaiisu used Argemone munita medicinally to treat burns (D. E. Moerman 1986, no varieties specified). (intermountainbiota.org)
- calochortus canyon live oak (Quercus chrysolepis) chicalote (Argemone munita) coulter pine (Pinus coulteri) deerweed (Acmispon glaber) diamond-petalled clarkia (Clarkia rhomboidea) fremont's bush mallow (Malacothamnus fremontii) (sp. (calflora.net)
- Functional Traits Plasticity of the Invasive Herb Argemone ochroleuca Sweet in Different Arid Habitats. (bvsalud.org)
- This study compares the vegetative and reproductive functional traits of the invasive Mexican poppy ( Argemone ochroleuca), in seven habitat types, in southwestern Saudi Arabia . (bvsalud.org)
- That taxon is now considered Argemone corymbosa var. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- 1. Argemone Linnaeus, Sp. (efloras.org)
Potential of Argemone1
- Correlation of DNA damage in epidemic dropsy patients to carcinogenic potential of argemone oil and isolated sanguinarine alkaloid in mice. (wikipedia.org)
- a poisonous pyridine alkaloid found in the weeds Argemone , Berberis, Mahonia spp. (thefreedictionary.com)
- IMSEAR at SEARO: Effect of argemone oil feeding on blood biochemistry and tissue changes in albino rats. (who.int)
- Argemone' is a herb referred to by the Greeks thousands of years ago. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
- The Latin specific epithet argemone is derived from the Greek 'argema' meaning cataract, and was applied by Dioscorides to a poppy-like plant used to treat cataracts. (wikipedia.org)
- Biological studies on Argemone gracilenta are scarce, and for this reason the aim of this work was to evaluate the anti-proliferative activity of this plant on different cancerous cell lines and to identify the responsible compounds for such activity. (biomedcentral.com)
-  Die plant is inheems aan Wes-Indië en moontlik ook aan Sentraal-Amerika en Florida . (wikipedia.org)
- Argemone oil in mustard oil. (bvsalud.org)
- Argemone oil poisoning is relatively common in India, where it is known as epidemic dropsy and is a result of argemone oil being added as an adulterant to mustard oil. (medscape.com)
- [ 2 ] Argemone oil poisoning has also been reported after transcutaneous absorption from adulterated mustard oil used in massages. (medscape.com)
- In this study, we evaluated the anti-proliferative activity of Argemone gracilenta's methanol extract and its fractions. (biomedcentral.com)
- Argemone corymbosa grows 8-24' tall and often as wide. (swcoloradowildflowers.com)
United States Depa1
- P. argemone was verified by United States Department of Agriculture and the Agricultural Research Service on 10 May 1996, then updated on 27 May 2004, and is an accepted name by the Royal Horticultural Society. (wikipedia.org)
- The primary Argemone in the area and very distinct with its prickles all over, showy white petals and many bright yellow stamens followed by globose fruits which emit a black tar when punctured.Two subspecies found in the region subsp. (neonscience.org)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argemone_me. (projectnoah.org)
Free From Argemone Oil1
- cotton oil free from argemone oil and protein, carbohydrate, chol. (wibrate.com)