Subnormal intellectual functioning which originates during the developmental period. This has multiple potential etiologies, including genetic defects and perinatal insults. Intelligence quotient (IQ) scores are commonly used to determine whether an individual has an intellectual disability. IQ scores between 70 and 79 are in the borderline range. Scores below 67 are in the disabled range. (from Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1992, Ch55, p28)
A multisystem disorder that is characterized by aplasia of intrahepatic bile ducts (BILE DUCTS, INTRAHEPATIC), and malformations in the cardiovascular system, the eyes, the vertebral column, and the facies. Major clinical features include JAUNDICE, and congenital heart disease with peripheral PULMONARY STENOSIS. Alagille syndrome may result from heterogeneous gene mutations, including mutations in JAG1 on CHROMOSOME 20 (Type 1) and NOTCH2 on CHROMOSOME 1 (Type 2).
The facial skeleton, consisting of bones situated between the cranial base and the mandibular region. While some consider the facial bones to comprise the hyoid (HYOID BONE), palatine (HARD PALATE), and zygomatic (ZYGOMA) bones, MANDIBLE, and MAXILLA, others include also the lacrimal and nasal bones, inferior nasal concha, and vomer but exclude the hyoid bone. (Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p113)
Heart Defects, Congenital
A partially enclosed body of water, and its surrounding coastal habitats, where saltwater from the ocean mixes with fresh water from rivers or streams. The resulting mixture of seawater and fresh water is called brackish water and its salinity can range from 0.5 to 35 ppt. (accessed http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/kits/estuaries/estuaries01_whatis.html)
Newcastle disease virus
Congresses as Topic
Critical and exhaustive investigation or experimentation, having for its aim the discovery of new facts and their correct interpretation, the revision of accepted conclusions, theories, or laws in the light of newly discovered facts, or the practical application of such new or revised conclusions, theories, or laws. (Webster, 3d ed)
Pharmacopoeias as Topic
Authoritative treatises on drugs and preparations, their description, formulation, analytic composition, physical constants, main chemical properties used in identification, standards for strength, purity, and dosage, chemical tests for determining identity and purity, etc. They are usually published under governmental jurisdiction (e.g., USP, the United States Pharmacopoeia; BP, British Pharmacopoeia; P. Helv., the Swiss Pharmacopoeia). They differ from FORMULARIES in that they are far more complete: formularies tend to be mere listings of formulas and prescriptions.
Metal Ceramic Alloys
Hepatitis, Infectious Canine
Missing or empty ,title= (help) Normore, L. S. (2012). "GEOLOGY OF THE RANDOM ISLAND MAP AREA (Nts 2C/04), Newfoundland". ... Hiscott, R. N. (1982). "Tidal deposits of the Lower Cambrian Random Formation, eastern Newfoundland; facies and ... Hiscott, Richard N. (1982). "Tidal deposits of the Lower Cambrian Random Formation, eastern Newfoundland: Facies and ...
Rage, J.-C. (1991). "Squamate reptiles from the early Paleocene of the Tiupampa area (Santa Lucia Formation), Bolivia. pp. 503- ... 508 in R. Suarez-Soruco (ed.), Fosiles y Facies de Bolivia". Revista Tecnica de Yacimentos Petroliferos Fiscales Bolivianos. 12 ...
Raymond Cecil Moore
He expanded into the area of facies. He used ecological communities (ecosystems) to help understand cyclothems. As his work ... He supplied the parts to the Treatise which concerned his own specialty areas. In the introduction to Part A of "Fossilization ... With planning beginning in 1953, Moore drafted a project where specialists would write on their area of expertise in ...
Middle Devonian facies relationships, Zama area, Alberta. Bulletin of Canadian Petroleum Geology, v. 15, no. 4, p. 434-467. ... The reef had developed across the mouth of the embayment, blocking the area from the open ocean and restricting the inflow of ... and includes important petroleum and natural gas reservoirs in the Zama lake and Rainbow Lake areas of northwestern Alberta. ... carbonate units of the Muskeg Formation contain important oil and natural gas reservoirs in the Zama and Rainbow Lake areas of ...
In the Nordingrå area, spanning from Malmön to Hernön, Jotnian sediments rest on a complex of gabbros, monzogranite, granites ... Exposed sediment profiles show considerable variation in sedimentary facies. The deposition environment for sandstones ... 380 km2 wide area. The Almesåkra Group consists of feldspar-rich sandstones, argillites and minor amounts of conglomerate. The ... The occurrence at Dalarna (Dala sandstone), with its 50 km x 150 km area, constitutes the largest region known to be covered at ...
Is distribution is primarily in the central and western mountain areas between 700 and 1300m above sea level, often around ... grassy facies" (PDF). Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (2010). "Endemic Conifers of Tasmania".CS1 ... Major fires at the Walls of Jerusalem National Park and the Central Plateau Conservation Area during the summer of 1960 - 1961 ... "FIRE HISTORY OF THE NORTHERN PART OF THE TASMANIAN WILDERNESS WORLD HERITAGE AREA AND ITS ASSOCIATED REGIONS" (PDF). Papers and ...
High pressure metamorphic terranes along the Bangong-Nujiang Suture Zone
Greenschist-facies metamorphism. Similar to the Dong Tso in the Gertse area, geochemical analysis of samples taken from the ... Amphibolite-facies metamorphic blocks occurring within a serpentinite-matrix mélange have also been discovered in the area. ... C for the amphibolite-facies metamorphism in the area. Due to the presence of the coeval arc-related granodiorites in the same ... However, in this area, the serpentinite-matrix melange is more prominent and bears traces of volcaniclastic rocks, diorite, ...
This is overlain in western areas by the channel-deposit facies Moss Back Member. More commonly, the Monitor Butte grades into ... The Shinarump is a braided-river system channel-deposit facies. The Monitor Butte Member overlies the Shinarump in most areas. ... see geology of the Zion and Kolob canyons area Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area Other: Ghost Ranch List of dinosaur- ... see geology of the Canyonlands area Capitol Reef National Park - see geology of the Capitol Reef area Colorado National ...
Geology of Nigeria
The Migmatite-Gneiss Complex differs in the Ibadan area, in the southwest. Banded gneiss, schist and quartzite formed from the ... Granites are associated with charnockite bodies and granulite facies metamorphism. ... Metazquartzites in the Ibadan area, likely from the Proterozoic, are overlain by pelite schist, intruded by mafic sills rich in ... The early folding and metamorphism in the Ibadan area was followed by the emplacement of aplite schist and microgranodiorite ...
In a few areas, the Liberty Hall facies intertongue with the Lantz Mill facies. The Lantz Mill facies are grainy or cobbly ... There are two major facies encompassed by the Edinburg Formation. The more abundant Liberty Hall facies consist of evenly ...
This facies and its rocks are commonly known as lower Oxford Clay. The upper facies comprises the middle Oxford Clay, the ... Peterborough and Weymouth and is exposed in many quarries around these areas. The top of the Lower Oxford Clay shows a ... and comprises two main facies. The lower facies comprises the Peterborough Member, a fossiliferous organic-rich mudstone. ... The upper facies is a fossil poor assemblage of calcareous mudstones. Oxford Clay appears at the surface around Oxford, ...
Edbrooke 2001, Geology of the Auckland area P.24-25 Edbrooke 2001, Geology of the Auckland area P.29 Edbrooke 2001, Geology of ... Nereites facies trace fossils are common throughout the deeper water sequence. The Waitemata Group formed during the ... Edbrooke 2001, Geology of the Auckland area P.63 Edbrooke 2001, Geology of the Auckland area P.49 Edbrooke, S.W. (2001) Geology ... The Meremere Subgroup is finer grained and represents a bathyal submarine fan and basin floor facies. The Waitemata Group is ...
3. Purdue, A.H. (1909). "Structure and stratigraphy of the Ouachita Ordovician area, Arkansas (abstract)". Geological Society ... Repetski, John; Ethington, R. (1977). "Conodonts from graptolite facies in the Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas and Oklahoma". ... Jessieville area, Arkansas". Geology. 15 (5): 447-450. doi:10.1130/0091-7613(1987)15. 2.0.co;2. Stitt, James; Rucker, John; ...
In: H.G. Reading, editor, Sedimentary environments and facies, 2nd edition; Section 3.6: Inter-channel areas. Blackwell ... Tectonism can also affect the fluvial system by altering relative sea level, exposing floodplains or covering new areas with ... Because overbank deposits often overlie areas that are normally exposed to weathering, they can bury soils, allowing those ... whereas in arid environments any drainage areas can dry up between flooding events. ...
Lesser Himalayan Strata
Gravelly braided river facies are shown in the Lower Taltung while silty meandering river facies are displayed in the Upper ... This is probably due to a greater effect by the Great Lesser Himalayan Unconformity in the Jumla area than in the Tansen area. ... The Tansen area contains Gondwana sediments that are identified by the presence of fossils. Two major formation can be found ... In the Jumla area of western Nepal, Gondwana strata unconformably overly the caronbate rocks of the Uppermost Nawakot Unit of ...
Smith Point Formation
... facies and paleoenvironments". Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. 19: 2028-2042. doi:10.1139/e82-180. Terence Patrick Fletcher ... "Geology of the Random Island Map Area (Nts 2C/04), Newfoundland". Current Research 2012: Newfoundland and Labrador Department ...
The shales represent deeper lacustrine waters in more distal areas. The alternation of the two facies implies a series of ... These facies change laterally into the coarse clastics of the Florianópolis Formation. Facies analysis indicates a marine ... These facies are thought to represent a lacustrine environment. The organic matter-rich shales are one of the main source rocks ... These facies are interbedded with the alluvial clastics of the Florianópolis Formation. The Guarujá name is restricted to the ...
Bluestone River (Alaska)
In some areas, minerals recorded are blueschist facies and retrograde greenschist facies. The geological age of these ... an area known as the Bluestone region. The drainage is situated between the Kigluaik Mountains and Port Clarence. The area ...
The facies and the strikingly tailed hindwing margin render the species unmistakable. There is some sexual dimorphism, females ... having paler, less grey forewings with a darker marginal area. Holloway, Jeremy Daniel. "Pterocyclophora ridleyi Hampson". The ...
These facies are interbedded with and change laterally to the Marambaia Formation. The depositional environment is thought to ... be a marine carbonate platform, influenced by the arrival of alluvial clastics in the most proximal areas. Biostratigraphic ...
Geology of Enderby Land
The area is claimed by Australia as part of the Australian Antarctic Territory. The unique and diverse geological features of ... The rocks of the Rayner Complex are generally of a lower metamorphic grade (upper amphibolite to granulite facies) than those ... This area may include remains of a potential suture between East and West Gondwana. The metamorphic grade increases gradually ... It is generally agreed upon that all the high-grade and ultra-high-temperature metamorphism in the area was finished by the end ...
Geology of Tasmania
The granite areas have a gradient of 30°/km, whereas the Parmeener sedimentary areas have a gradient of 40°/km. Heat flow is ... Metamorphism to greenschist facies occurred at around 400 °C and 300 MPa. The Franklin Metamorphic Complex is near Mount ... Metamorphism in this area was higher grade with almandine garnet forming. The Collingwood area experienced the highest grade of ... In the Adamsfield area The Ragged Basin Complex is a broken up formation of chert, sandstone, red mudstone and mafic magma ...
Lateral changes in facies are also important; a well-marked transgression sequence in an area where an epeiric sea was deep may ... Sedimentary facies changes may indicate transgressions and regressions and are often easily identified, because of the unique ... Thus, a transgression reveals itself in the sedimentary column when there is a change from nearshore facies (such as sandstone ... A regression will feature the opposite pattern, with offshore facies changing to nearshore ones. The strata represent ...
Rice, A. H. N. (2012). Neoproterozoic glacial and associated facies in the Tanafjord-Varangerfjord area, Finnmark, north Norway ... The area has rugged mountain terrain with altitudes up to 633 metres (2,077 ft). The Norwegian Directorate for Nature ... Blockfields are most extensive on the northern half of the peninsula, chiefly in the plateau area. Polygonal ground is found in ...
About 81% of the population lives in urban areas and only about 19% in rural areas. The Calgary-Edmonton Corridor is the most ... In the Drumheller Valley and Edmonton regions there are exposed Horseshoe Canyon facies. Other formations have been recorded as ... With a land area of 640,330.46 km2 (247,232.97 sq mi), it had a population density of 6.4/km2 (16.5/sq mi) in 2016. Statistics ... This area was granted by Charles II of England to the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) in 1670, and rival fur trading companies were ...
Offshore Indus Basin
Continental crust is interpreted for the area below the shelf and upper slope based on the presence of deep rift geometries on ... Oligocene clastic rocks can also act as reservoir rocks in distal fan facies. Four types of traps have been identified in ... The entire fan extends over an area of 110,000 square kilometers with greater than 9 km of sediment accumulating near the toe- ... Presence of seal may be an issue in some areas due to erosional channels. The source rock is questionable, as Sembar Formation ...
Due to their deep penetration, shear zones are found in all metamorphic facies. Brittle shear zones are more or less ubiquitous ... grain-boundary sliding (superplasticity) and grain-boundary area reduction. ... Ductile shear zones start at greenschist facies conditions and are therefore restricted to metamorphic terranes. Shear zones ... By passing into greenschist facies conditions, the pseudotachylites disappear and only different types of mylonites persist. ...
In many areas there is a frequent alternation of limestone and dolomite facies. Local variants to indicate the Wetterstein ... In the Semmering area of Austria, where the name Wettersteindolomit is used, the formation is unconformably overlain by the ... Stratigraphy of the Thermal Water Area (Baden - Bad Vöslau) at the Western Border of the Southern Vienna Basin. Scripta Fac. ... Alternative names for the whole formation or parts of it in stratigraphical (vertical) or facies (lateral) sense are: ...
The common rudist-bearing reefal facies can completely change in the western depositional area, taking on a very hard, finely ... The common facies can change quite suddenly (within less than 500 m) into a coarse, weakly cemented, bioclastic facies (Pierre ... This facies change is probably due to faulting. (represented as unit c3c) The upper Angoumian, also called Bourg-des-Maisons ... In some places, the top part undergoes a facies change to more agitated conditions, especially towards the West and near ...
The granite develops four different facies: melanocratic facies. leucocratic facies. white facies. pink facies. Its mineralogy ... The following microtectonic methods underline the sinistral shear sense in the northern outcrop area of the Thiviers sandstone ... The orthogneissic facies is derived from the granitic facies, it only underwent a stronger ductile deformation. The facies ... Two very different facies can be distinguished in the Corgnac granite: cataclastic granitic facies in the south. ...
To maintain nutrients in soil it is therefore important that feces return to the area from which they came, which is not always ... Not to be confused with facies.. solid or semisolid remains of the food that could not be digested in the small intestine ... the case in human society where food may be transported from rural areas to urban populations and then feces disposed of into a ...
The Urnfield culture was located in an area stretching from western Hungary to eastern France, from the Alps to near the North ... facies Wölfersheim). Some graves contain a combination of tumulus-culture pottery and Urnfield swords (Kressbronn, ... Other fortified settlements used rivers-bends and swampy areas. At the hill fort of Hořovice near Beroun (CR), 50 ha were ... It is believed that in some areas, such as in southwestern Germany, the Urnfield culture was in existence around 1200 BC ( ...
The acid reacts with the carbonate ([CO3]2−) group, which causes the affected area to effervesce, giving off carbon dioxide gas ... Other examples of sorosilicates include lawsonite, a metamorphic mineral forming in the blueschist facies (subduction zone ... they form in areas with a very high rate of chemical weathering (mainly tropical conditions). Finally, multiple oxides are ...
If the metamorphosed rocks are later uplifted and exposed by erosion, they may occur in long belts or other large areas at the ... metamorphic facies). They may be formed simply by being deep beneath the Earth's surface, subjected to high temperatures and ... Aureoles may show all degrees of metamorphism from the contact area to unmetamorphosed (unchanged) country rock some distance ... found in areas of high-grade metamorphism. Marble is generally not foliated, which allows its use as a material for ...
Sedimentary facies. On a longer time scale, the rock record may show signs of sea level rise and fall, and features such as " ... By using that method, some areas have tree-ring records dating back a few thousand years. Older wood not connected to a ... A tree-ring record is established by compiling information from many living trees in a specific area. ... and fire corresponding to a particular area. ...
Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event
The solitary corals, which generally do not form reefs and inhabit colder and deeper (below the photic zone) areas of the ocean ... Facies. 36 (1): 123-139. doi:10.1007/BF02536880.. ... This is reminiscent of areas blighted by modern volcanic ... A severe regression would have greatly reduced the continental shelf area, the most species-rich part of the sea, and therefore ... At the same time, particulate materials from volcanism cooled and dried areas of the globe. Then an impact event occurred, ...
Map of the Pittsburgh Tri-State with green counties in the metropolitan area and yellow counties in the combined area. ... The dark shale facies of the Marcellus were formed from flysch, a fine mud deposited in the deep water; it buried the ... "Devonian Seas of Central New York : Syracuse Area, New York". New York Paleontological Society Field Trips. Retrieved 2008-05- ... This bed lacks juvenile fossils, indicating that if their behavior was similar to modern squid, this may have been an area ...
Another area of investigation in geomicrobiology is the study of extremophile organisms, the microorganisms that thrive in ... of early life on land around 3.5 billion years ago can be found in the Dresser formation of Australia in a hot spring facies, ...
... basin facies), and dolomites and limestones (platform facies). The Trassic surface is composed of karstified carbonates,[ ... Stratigraphic importance and tectonic implications for the Buda Mountains and adjacent areas" (PDF). Jahrbuch Geologischen ... During the period from the terminal Cretaceous to Priabonian, the Buda Hills area was a kartstic terrestrial environment ...
Sometimes a river divides into multiple branches in an inland area, only to rejoin and continue to the sea. Such an area is ... in R. G. Walker (ed) Facies Models. Geological Association of Canada, Hamilton, Ontario. ... In both of these cases, depositional processes force redistribution of deposition from areas of high deposition to areas of low ... As lowlands often adjacent to urban areas, deltas often comprise extensive industrial and commercial areas as well as ...
... s in ancient sediments are recognised using a combination of sedimentary facies, facies associations, ... Beach - Area of loose particles at the edge of the sea or other body of water. Caused by waves and longshore currents. Creates ... Deep water marine environment - Flat area on the deep ocean floor (abyssal plains) caused by ocean currents. Common sediments ...
If the intrusion persists, the grey cells concentrate in the area and release toxins that kill all cells in the area. The " ... "Ecology of siliceous sponges: Application to the environmental interpretation of the Upper Jurassic sponge facies (Oxfordian) ... If it is simply scaled up, the ratio of its volume to surface area increases, because surface increases as the square of length ... Sponges may also contract in order to reduce the area that is vulnerable to attack by predators. In cases where two sponges are ...
Worldwide, notable pegmatite occurrences are within the major cratons, and within greenschist-facies metamorphic belts. However ... tourmaline-bearing granite dikes and tourmaline-bearing pegmatites within the area of influence of a composite granite ...
The Ediacara-type assemblage is named after Australia's Ediacara Hills, and consists of fossils preserved in facies of coastal ... Microbial mats are areas of sediment stabilised by the presence of colonies of microbes that secrete sticky fluids or otherwise ... "Patterns of distribution in the Ediacaran biotas: facies versus biogeography and evolution" (PDF). Palæobiology. 30 (2): 203- ...
Geological development of an area. An originally horizontal sequence of sedimentary rocks (in shades of tan) are affected ... Stratigraphic mapping: pinpointing the locations of sedimentary facies (lithofacies and biofacies) or the mapping of isopachs ... The Permian through Jurassic stratigraphy of the Colorado Plateau area of southeastern Utah is an example of both original ... Other areas are much more geologically complex. In the southwestern United States, sedimentary, volcanic, and intrusive rocks ...
... s are best preserved in sandstones; the grain size and depositional facies both contributing to the better ... mostly in coastal areas, including tidal flats. ... "Ichnology and Facies Models". In James, Noel; Dalrymple, Robert ... which would allow it to avoid going over the same area. These 'tongues' are often quite sinuous, reflecting perhaps a more ... and many other environmental conditions control which organisms can inhabit particular areas. Therefore, by documenting and ...
Facies nuda. Pedes digitís omnibus palmatis.. *^ Meyer, Ernst; Cottrell, G. William, eds. (1979). Checklist of birds of the ... Their wings are long and pointed and can span up to 2.3 metres (7.5 ft), the largest wing area to body weight ratio of any bird ... Having the largest wing-area-to-body-weight ratio of any bird, frigatebirds are essentially aerial. This allows them to ... Frigatebirds have learned to follow fishing vessels and take fish from holding areas. Conversely tuna fishermen fish in ...
sun plant' → shullë(r) 'sunny place out of the wind, sunbathed area', splēnēticus → shpretkë 'spleen', trifurcus → tërfurk ' ... facies → faqe 'face, cheek'; socius → shok 'mate, comrade', shoq 'husband', etc. In turn, Latin /s/ was altered to /ʃ/ in ... Nicholas Geoffrey Lemprière Hammond (1976). Migrations and invasions in Greece and adjacent areas. Noyes Press. p. 57. ISBN 978 ... It is spoken in the eastern area of the United States in cities like New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia, Ohio, ...
The amount of oxygen an animal can absorb is largely determined by the area of its oxygen-absorbing surfaces (lungs and gills ... Grazhdankin (2004). "Patterns of distribution in the Ediacaran biotas: facies versus biogeography and evolution". Paleobiology ... which grows faster than the oxygen-absorbing area if an animal's size increases equally in all directions. An increase in the ...
The lymphoid tissue remains under the mucosa of the nasopharynx, and could be seen under a microscope if the area was biopsied ... These will lead to a dentofacial growth anomaly that was defined as "adenoid facies" (see long face syndrome). ...
Fauresmith is now considered to be a facies of Acheulean, while Sangoan is a facies of Lupemban. Magosian is "an artificial ... They begin in the open areas of Italy and Spain, the earliest dated to 1.6 mya at Pirro Nord, Italy. The mountains of Italy are ... The first Neolithic cultures started around 7000 BCE in the fertile crescent and spread concentrically to other areas of the ... Stone tool manufacture continued even after the Stone Age ended in a given area. In Europe and North America, millstones were ...
In some areas, granite is used for gravestones and memorials. Granite is a hard stone and requires skill to carve by hand. ... In contrast, mafic rocks, either basalts or gabbros, once metamorphosed at eclogite facies, tend to sink into the mantle ... This leads to significant extraction of hydrous felsic melts from granulite-facies resitites. A-type granites occur in the ... Furthermore, high heat flow is necessary to produce granulite facies metamorphic rocks in orogens, indicating extreme ...
The rock facies of the Nemegt Formation are thought to represent a humid, fluvial (associated with rivers and streams) ... The specimen was found in a stratigraphic area that indicates Nemegtomaia preferred nesting near streams that would provide ... The specimen is preserved in facies that are thought to have been deposited through a sandstorm or dune-shift. It does not seem ... The choice of nesting area may therefore have been a mechanism for successful incubation in extreme heat. It has also been ...
Geology of the Death Valley area
An isotropic mineral, having index of refraction in the range of Northupite and Tychite, has been observed in saline facies of ... Radar is sensitive to surface roughness with rough areas showing up brighter than smooth areas, which appear dark. This is seen ... Not represented, area was being eroded. Triassic Butte Valley Formation of Johnson (1957) Exposed in Butte Valley 1 mile (1.6 ... The exposed geology of the Death Valley area presents a diverse and complex set of at least 23 formations of sedimentary units ...
A gap or missing strata in the geological record of an area is called a stratigraphic hiatus. This may be the result of a halt ... known as facies change). These variations provide a lithostratigraphy or lithologic stratigraphy of the rock unit. Key concepts ... The Permian through Jurassic strata of the Colorado Plateau area of southeastern Utah demonstrate the principles of ...
Geology of Russia
The area between the Ural Mountains and the Yenisei River is the young West Siberian Plain. East of the Yenisei River is the ... This crystalline basement is made up of amphibolite to granulite facies, mostly forming domes. Granitoids deformed into ... The area is under compressive stresses. The Dzhugdzhur range has a basement formed out of a block which is from the early ... It has an area of 2,200,000 square kilometres (850,000 sq mi) and the USGS estimates oil and gas reserves of 360 billion ...
The process of limescale build up in a kettle in hard-water areas is similar. Calcium carbonate is the principal constituent of ... being the first to describe the patch-reef facies and Dorset-wide sedimentation details. Dr Ian West of the School of Ocean and ...
The facies are named after the metamorphic rock formed under those facies conditions from basalt. Facies relationships were ... The area surrounding the intrusion where the contact metamorphism effects are present is called the metamorphic aureole. ... Metamorphic facies. Metamorphic facies are recognizable terranes or zones with an assemblage of key minerals that were in ... This reaction takes place in nature when a mafic rock goes from amphibolite facies to greenschist facies. ...
... Agricultural Area. See also: Draining_and_development_of_the_Everglades § Everglades_Agricultural_Area ... The Miami Limestone was formerly named the Miami Oolite, which comprises facies of ooids and fossilized bryozoan organisms. ... In the northern Everglades were Water Conservation Areas (WCAs), and the Everglades Agricultural Area (EAA) bordering to the ... in area. The misunderstanding of the role of fire also played a part in the disappearance of pine forests in the area, as ...
"Colour patterns in Early Devonian cephalopods from the Barrandian Area: Taphonomy and taxonomy". Acta Palaeontologica Polonica ... Facies. 51: 60-65. doi:10.1007/s10347-005-0054-9.. ...
Sequence Stratigraphy and Sedimentary Facies of Feixianguan Formation in the Kaijiang-Liangping Area of Sichuan Basin, China
... the sequence stratigraphy and sedimentary facies of the Kaijiang-Liangping area are studied. Four sequence boundaries and three ... On the basis of this sequence division and their sedimentary marks, the facies of the Feixianguan formation can be divided into ... According to the sedimentary and seismic characteristics of the Kaijiang-Liangping area, we determine that two oolitic bank ... The progradation model is developed in the Jiulongshan and Longhui areas, besides the basin marginal bank, the favorable ...
Facies and Reservoir Characteristics of the Ngrayong Sandstone in the Rembang Area, Northeast Java (Indonesia) - Open Journal...
Cross-bedded sandstone and massive sandstone are identified as the most promising potential reservoir facies based on their ... Petrological, mineralogical, petrophysical and sedimentological facies analyses were conducted. These sandstones are grain- and ... and are dominated by foreshore and tide-dominated shoreface facies. The Ngrayong sequence shows a single transgressive- ... the reservoir characteristics of the Ngrayong Sandstone were investigated based on outcrops in the Rembang area. ...
Core Facies, Log Facies and Sequence Stratigraphic Analysis of the Late Cretaceous Turner Sandstone, Porcupine Field Area,...
Core Facies, Log Facies and Sequence Stratigraphic Analysis of the Late Cretaceous Turner Sandstone, Porcupine Field Area, ... This paper presents the workflow and preliminary results of a core facies, log facies, and sequence stratigraphic evaluation of ... Most conventional production was from cross-stratified and structureless sandstone facies that accumulated in elongated, ... the Turner Sandstone Member of the Carlile Shale in the Porcupine Field area of southeastern Campbell County. More than a dozen ...
Distribution, facies, ages, and proposed tectonic associations of regionally metamorphosed rocks in east- and south-central...
All the regionally metamorphosed rocks are assigned to metamorphic-facies units on the basis of their temperature and pressure ... Study Area. Additional publication details. Publication type:. Report. Publication Subtype:. USGS Numbered Series. Title:. ... Areas metamorphosed during the Jurassic episode that crop out near the Border Ranges fault system were subsequently retrograded ... Distribution, facies, ages, and proposed tectonic associations of regionally metamorphosed rocks in east- and south-central ...
Geological Facies Models | Norsk Regnesentral
NR has worked on methods for making realistic geological facies models for almost two decades. The goal is to reproduce the ... Geological Facies Models. Geological Facies Models. NR has worked on methods for making realistic geological facies models for ... These facies objects have been populated with petrophysics. Different petrophysical trends are used in the different facies ... Simulate a new stochastic realization conditioned on the facies data collected in step 2. Collect data for some relevant ...
Facies, biostratigraphy, diagenesis, and depositional environments of Lower Cretaceous strata, Sierra San José section, Sonora ...
In: Dickinson W.R. & Klute M.F., eds., Mesozoic rocks of Southern Arizona adjacent areas.- Arizona Geological Society Digest, ... In: Dickinson W.R. & Klute M.F., eds., Mesozoic rocks of southern Arizona adjacent areas.- Arizona Geological Society Digest, ... Figure 2: Lithostratigraphic section of the Mural Formation in Sierra San Jos area (modified after Gonz lez-Le n et al., 2008 ... Madhavaraju J., Scott R.W., Lee Y.I., Bincy K.S., Gonz lez-Le n C.M. & Ramasamy S. (2015).- Facies, biostratigraphy, diagenesis ...
A GRAPHIC PRESENTATION OF THE FACIES MODEL OF SALT MARSH DEPOSITS - BOUMA - 1963 - Sedimentology - Wiley Online Library
Salt marsh deposits are developed along many tidal flat areas, lagoons, bays, etc. They are characterized by small thickness, ... Next article in issue: FACIES DELINEATION BY ACOUSTIC-REFLECTION: NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO Next article in issue: FACIES ... A GRAPHIC PRESENTATION OF THE FACIES MODEL OF SALT MARSH DEPOSITS. Authors. *. A. H. BOUMA. * University of California, San ... Shanghai area), Bulletin of the International Association of Engineering Geology, 1992, 46, 1, 9. CrossRef ...
Seismic Facies Analysis | TGS
Seismic Facies Analysis is used to develop Gross Depositional Environment Maps in areas of low well. density. TGSs highly ... Seismic Facies Analysis Detailed Seismic Facies Interpretation to Improve Geological Understanding. Home Products and Services ... A seismic facies unit is a mapped, three-dimensional seismic unit composed of groups of reflections whose parameters differ ... are then mapped across the entire seismic survey area to identify the Gross Depositional Environments and associated facies for ...
Random Formation - Wikipedia
Missing or empty ,title= (help) Normore, L. S. (2012). "GEOLOGY OF THE RANDOM ISLAND MAP AREA (Nts 2C/04), Newfoundland". ... Hiscott, R. N. (1982). "Tidal deposits of the Lower Cambrian Random Formation, eastern Newfoundland; facies and ... Hiscott, Richard N. (1982). "Tidal deposits of the Lower Cambrian Random Formation, eastern Newfoundland: Facies and ...
Late Jurassic facies architecture of the Złoczew Graben: implications for evolution of the tectonic-controlled northern peri...
... numerous wells have been completed in the area of the Złoczew Graben. Drill cores and data collected from wells have led to the ... 2005) where shallow-water, oolitic facies graded through coral facies to deep-water sponge facies. The argument in favor of ... The red line on the columns with distribution of facies types and 3D model of the Złoczew Graben area indicate the correlation ... 9a, b), the microbial-Crescentiella, oolitic and coral facies were deposited in the areas of the Złoczew and Bełchatów highs, ...
Mitral facies - Wikipedia
Geochemistry MPhil, PhD - Postgraduate - Newcastle University
palynofacies and organic facies of ancient and modern sediments. Examples of key staff in this area include:. *Dr Geoffrey ... For geochemistry we have MPhil and PhD supervision in the following areas:. Petroleum-related geological research. *reservoir ... A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in an appropriate area relevant to the proposed topic of research. ... Our geochemistry research includes specific areas of expertise: applied and fundamental aspects of geochemistry; environmental ...
Publikasjoner - Norsk Polarinstitutt
Facies architecture and cyclicity of Svalbards Late Palaeozoic shelf strata: Warm-water platform versus cool-water ramp ( ... Kapp Starostin Formation, Western Spitsbergen: Biogeographic links within Circum-arctic area and supraregional correlation. ... Facies analysis in the shallow-marine limestone strata of NE Spitsbergen (Gipsdalen Group, Late Carboniferous): Microfacies ... Facies correlation and depositional environments of the Kapp Starostin Formation at Festningen and Scheteligfjellet on ...
Paleobiodiversity and Tectono-Sedimentary Records in the Mediterranean Tethys and Related Eastern Areas - Proceedings of the...
... with special emphasis on sedimentary processes and facies heterogeneities of tidal flat-lagoonal facies, shallow-platform ... Depositional Facies, Sequence and Diagenesis of the Middle-Upper Eocene in Jebel Cherahil (Central Tunisia) ... Facies Architecture in Carbonate Ramps: Learned Lessons from Jurassic Cases Studies in the Iberian Basin ... Recent Geochemical and Grain Size Distribution of Terrestrial Sediment in Coastal Area from the Watershed of Medjerda River, ...
Dark areas under eyes and Intermittent hay fever-like runny nose and Nocturnal symptoms - Symptom Checker - check medical...
List of causes of Dark areas under eyes and Intermittent hay fever-like runny nose and Nocturnal symptoms, alternative ... Mental retardation unusual facies ampola type. 454. Mental retardation, Microcephaly, Epilepsy and Ataxia Syndrome. 455. Mental ... More Searches: Dark areas under eyes. *Dark areas under eyes: Add a 4th symptom *Dark areas under eyes: Remove a symptom *Start ... Results: Causes of Dark areas under eyes AND Intermittent hay fever-like runny nose AND Nocturnal symptoms 1. Asthma. Show ...
Sedimentology, eruptive mechanism and facies architecture of basaltic scoria cones from the Auckland Volcanic Field (New...
... eruptive mechanism and facies architecture of basaltic scoria cones from the Auckland Volcanic Field (New Zealand), Journal of ... See the journals in your area "Hi guys, I cannot tell you how much I love this resource. Incredible. I really believe youve ... Facies variation of eruption units produced by the passage of single pyroclastic surge currents, Hopi Buttes volcanic field, ... Using the physical and field-based characteristics of scoriaceous samples a simple generalised facies model of basaltic scoria ...
British Library EThOS: The geology of the Vartdal area, Sunnmore, Norway and petrochemistry of the Sunnmore Eclogite Suite
Two distinct eclogite facies are recognised. 64 new whole-rock analyses for 13 major elements are presented. The suite shows a ... A reconnaissance geological study has been carried out in the Vartdal area of the basal gneiss region of S.W. Norway. The ... The geology of the Vartdal area, Sunnmore, Norway and petrochemistry of the Sunnmore Eclogite Suite ... country rock is amphibolite facies gneiss of granodioritic composition affected by 4 folding phases, in part of Precambrian age ...
Dunnigan-Type Familial Partial Lipodystrophy: Understanding and Treating the Syndrome
... followed by fat accumulation in other areas such as the face, chin, labia majora, and intra-abdominal region, leading to ... Hirsutism in androgen-dependent areas was also observed, as well as relevant reduction of subcutaneous adipose tissue in the ... There was substantial reduction in the gluteal area, abdomen, and upper and lower limbs. In addition, coarse facies; ... Hirsutism in androgen-dependent areas was also observed, as well as relevant reduction of subcutaneous adipose tissue in the ...
Depositional environments and stratigraphy of the Upper Cambrian-lower Ordovician Santa Rosita formation at the Alfarcito area,...
Sedimentary facies of the Santa Rosita Formation in the Alfarcito area. Tabla 1. Facies sedimentarias de la Formación Santa ... Type area: Alfarcito.. Facies: Greenish gray mudstone and mudstone with interbedded combined-flow rippled sandstone.. Thickness ... Type area: Alfarcito. Facies: Parallel laminated mudstone, wavy-bedded sandstone and mudstone, flaser-bedded, ripple-laminated ... Type area: Quebrada de Humahuaca.. Facies: Amalgamated hummocky cross-stratified sand-stone, greenish gray mudstone, mudstone ...
Geoscience Research Institute | False Fossils
Guadalupian Facies, Apache Mountains area, West Texas. Symposium and Guidebook, 1968 Field Trip. Society of Economic ... Origin of the pisolite facies of the shelf crest. In: Upper Guadalupian facies Permian Reef complex, Guadalupe Mountains, New ... In 1884 the French astronomer E. L. Trouvelot thought that he could see slow color changes in some of the grayish areas of Mars ... However, as is the case in many other areas of human investigation, when we study origins issues, we must trust the details to ...
Roth, A. A. --- False Fossils
Guadalupian Facies, Apache Mountains area, West Texas. Symposium and Guidebook, 1968 Field Trip. Society of Economic ... Origin of the pisolite facies of the shelf crest. In: Upper Guadalupian facies Permian Reef complex, Guadalupe Mountains, New ... In 1884 the French astronomer E. L. Trouvelot thought that he could see slow color changes in some of the grayish areas of Mars ... it is a notably desolate area.) An old geological dictum stating that I never would have seen it if I hadnt believed it ...
Roth, A. A. --- Life in the Deep Rocks and the Deep Fossil Record
In B. A. Silver (ed.), Guadalupian Facies, Apache Mountains Area, West Texas. Symposium and Guidebook 1968 Field Trip, Permian ... Moisture is essential for their survival, but water is common in many areas down to 1 km (0.6 mi), and often many times that ... it is a very desolate area) in Australia. From each of these regions, both filamentous types of fossils16 and stromatolites ...
Analysis of Different Statistical Models in Probabilistic Joint Estimation of Porosity and Litho-Fluid Facies from Acoustic...
Differently, the other two statistical models relate each component of the mixture to a specific litho-fluid facies, so that ... The first model assumes Gaussian distributed porosity and Ip values, thus neglecting their facies-dependent behaviour caused by ... the facies-dependency of porosity and Ip values is taken into account. Blind well tests are used to validate the final ... We discuss the influence played by different statistical models in the prediction of porosity and litho-fluid facies from ...
Facies anterior antebrachii | definition of facies anterior antebrachii by Medical dictionary
What is facies anterior antebrachii? Meaning of facies anterior antebrachii medical term. What does facies anterior antebrachii ... Looking for online definition of facies anterior antebrachii in the Medical Dictionary? facies anterior antebrachii explanation ... redirected from facies anterior antebrachii) an·te·ri·or re·gion of fore·arm. [TA] the area between the radial and ulnar ... Facies anterior antebrachii , definition of facies anterior antebrachii by Medical dictionary https://medical-dictionary. ...
STROPHOMENIDE BRACHIOPODS FROM THE CHANGWU FORMATION (LATE KATIAN, LATE ORDOVICIAN) OF CHUN'AN, WESTERN ZHEJIANG, SOUTH-EAST...
Biofacies, sedimentary facies and palaeogeographic characteristics of the Ordovician in the Lower Yangtze area. Geological ... After Chunan, the type area, where the new species constitutes the most abundant strophomenide within the study area. ... A complete deep-water facies of the Changwu Formation may attain a great thickness, up to 2118 m. In the Longtan area (Chunan ... The figured valve is 14.2 mm long and 17.3 mm wide, with the length of the disc area being approximately the same as the height ...
Lithic literacy and the 'forensic' methods of geoscience
Can we project how thickness, facies, etc. will change in these areas? These predictions are hypotheses, which are testable by ... once paleogeographic and stratigraphic frameworks are established we can make predictions to unexamined areas. ... observations in the unexamined areas. In this respect, the methods of geoscience do not depart radically from the methodologies ...
CV Exploration Geologist and Biostratigrapher
Experience in working with Jurassic Carbonates and clastics in Jaisalmer and Kutch area and also as clastic Sedimentologist in ... Identification of anoxic events and their bearing on source rock facies -Generation of biostratigraphic inputs, integration ... Experience in leading projects for both Clastic and Carbonate depositional areas - ...
Hylas Quarry (Richmond Crushed Stone Company; Warren Brothers Inc.), Goochland Co., Virginia, USA
Farrar (1984) reports relict granulite-facies assemblages in some rocks. This unit underlies a wide area that surrounds the ... Farrar (1984) interpreted relict granulite-facies mineral assemblages to have equilibrated during Grenville-age regional ... These lithologies contain amphibolite-facies metamorphic mineral assemblages consistent with rock chemistry. ...
Neoproterozoic peritidal facies of the Villa Monica Formation, Sierra la J uanita, Tandilia
... carbonate-sili-ciclastic facies) predominate in middle areas. Towards the west and to the deeper areas of the platform, algal ... The deepest facies are well exposed to the west, and the shallowest facies are thicker towards the east. The spatial facies ... Overlying this facies a thickening and coarsening upward heterolithic facies are developed. Don Camilo quarry: this is the best ... 2005) for the stratotype area of Sierras Bayas, located 100 km NW of the study area show greater diversity and it is composed ...
A hydroclimate-proxy model based on sedimentary facies in an annually laminated sequence from Lake Ohau, South Island, New...
Cox S and Barrel D (2007) Geology of the Aoraki area. Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences 1:250000 Geological Map, ... Sedimentary facies of different varve motifs are used to develop a hydroclimate-proxy model which links stratigraphy to ... A hydroclimate-proxy model based on sedimentary facies in an annually laminated sequence from Lake Ohau, South Island, New ...
SedimentaryFormationGlacier showinSequence stratigraphyModels for faciesReservoirEclogite faciesPeritidal faciesAmphibolite faciesDepositional faciesDepositsGeologicalHydrochemicalStratigraphyCalcareousSedimentsPetrophysical propertiesTectonicsShallowBarents SeaClasticTectonicOutcropSandstoneShaleLate JurassicEnvironmentsThicknessIntertidalTransgressive-regressiveBasinDepositionShorefaceConglomeraticCarbonate platformTriassicMetamorphicPorositySandbodiesAnalysesOutcropsMioceneCharacteristics1967VolcanicPatternsLimestoneSouthwardStochasticNortheasternAdjacentReconstructionAnalysisGrabenModelJurassicGlacial
- Based on field survey, core observation, laboratory analysis and seismic data interpretation, the sequence stratigraphy and sedimentary facies of the Kaijiang-Liangping area are studied. (scirp.org)
- On the basis of this sequence division and their sedimentary marks, the facies of the Feixianguan formation can be divided into open platform and evaporate platform categories. (scirp.org)
- According to the sedimentary and seismic characteristics of the Kaijiang-Liangping area, we determine that two oolitic bank models, the aggradation model and the progradation model, are developed in this area. (scirp.org)
- Since then numerous studies have been conducted on the sequence and sedimentary facies of the Kaijiang-Liangping Feixianguan Formation  - . (scirp.org)
- Previous research on the sedimentary facies also shows different conclusions. (scirp.org)
- In the present study, the sequence stratigraphy of the sedimentary facies in the outcrop is examined, and laboratory tests, drilling and logging information, and seismic activity are analyzed. (scirp.org)
- The objectives include examining the sedimentary facies of the Feixianguan Formation in the Kaijiang-Liangping area, building a sedimentary evolution model, and putting forward two development models for an oolitic beach involving progradation and aggradation, respectively. (scirp.org)
- Her research interests mainly focus on sedimentology and sequence and cyclostratigraphic analyses of marine carbonate sediments, with special emphasis on sedimentary processes and facies heterogeneities of tidal flat-lagoonal facies, shallow-platform coated-grains sandbodies and carbonate buildups, and hemipelagic rhythmites and black shales. (springer.com)
- An integrated sedimentologic, biostratigraphic and sequence stratigraphic study permits characterization of the sedimentary facies and stratal stacking patterns, and a revision of the stratigraphic framework of this succession. (scielo.org.ar)
- induced sedimentary structures) represented by microbial mats developed in siliciclastic facies was decisive for the evaluation of paleoenvironmental conditions and for the decision to assign heterolithic lithofacies described in this paper to the Villa Mónica Formation. (scielo.org.ar)
- The Tandilia System is a complex mountain range, composed of basement rocks and an important sedimentary cover of Neoproterozoic to Early Ordovician age, dominated by siliciclastic and carbonate facies. (scielo.org.ar)
- Sedimentary facies of different varve motifs are used to develop a hydroclimate-proxy model which links stratigraphy to seasonal hydrology. (springer.com)
- Furthermore, stratigraphic and sedimentary geological simulation by computer is deductive method in combination with several conceptual models of different types such as facies models and sequence models. (go.jp)
- Sedimentary provenance techniques have been widely applied in foreland basin settings to understand tectonic and magmatic processes by tracking the exposure and erosion of distinct sediment source areas through time. (frontiersin.org)
- Based on Field and laboratory studies such as microfossils, microbiostratigraphy, microfaceis, sedimentary environment models and sequence stratigraphy evidences recognized 3 depositional sequences in study area that presented during Paleocene-Oligomiocene. (scirp.org)
- I pointed out that if the all the sedimentary record had to be deposited in a year long flood of Noah, then given that the entire geologic column in this area is 5000 meters thick, and that the Haymond beds are 1300 m thick, 1300/5000*365 days = 95 days for the Haymond beds to be deposited. (talkorigins.org)
- Two fluvial-deltaic facies are recognized on the basis of GPR data and sedimentary characteristics in cores, which suggest partial emplacement from sediment-rich floods that originated on Mount Rainier. (usgs.gov)
- The section of sedimentary beds in Kansas is relatively thin as compared with geosynclinal troughs and the deeper basinal areas such as the Denver or Anadarko Basins. (ku.edu)
- When viewed in proper perspective, the sedimentary strata appear almost as a veneer covering the Precambrian basement complex, which is, of course, nothing more than an extension of the Canadian Shield area. (ku.edu)
- Four sequence boundaries and three maximum flooding surfaces of the Feixianguan formation are detected in this area. (scirp.org)
- Yang and Wen determined that the facies of the Kaijiang-Liangping Feixianguan Formation evolved from the trough to the continental shelf . (scirp.org)
- From field observations and petrographic studies, a complex association of peritidal carbonate and siliciclastic facies have been recognized in the Villa Mónica Formation (Neoproterozoic), Sierra La Juanita, outcropping at the quarries of Estancia La Siempre Verde, Estancia La Placeres and Estancia Don Camilo, where carbonate facies have not been described 'in situ since their discovery in 1967. (scielo.org.ar)
- We present a case example from the Magallanes-Austral retroarc foreland basin of Chile and Argentina (51°30'S), where modal sandstone and conglomerate compositional data, detrital zircon U-Pb geochronology, and sedimentology data from the Oligocene-Miocene Río Guillermo Formation document a change in source areas during an important stage of orogenic development. (frontiersin.org)
- In study area upper part of HST of DS1 (Jahrum formation) and some biozones related to Upper Eocene have been eliminated, for example in Estahban, Sarvestan B and Beyza sections all biozones related to Upper Paleocene to Middle Eocene and eliminated biozones of Upper Eocene. (scirp.org)
- In study area SB2 existed in lower boundary of DS1 (between Sachun and Jahrum formation) and between DS2 and DS3 of Asmari formation. (scirp.org)
- The sandy deposits of the Repetto Formation, consisting of channel-fill deposits in suprafan facies, are distributed in the central structural trough north and east of the Palos Verdes Hills (Redin, 1991). (utexas.edu)
- The landscape based on limestone and marl of the Jurassic series that can integrate, within the same formation, rapid lateral facies variations. (geocaching.com)
- Vertical and lateral facies distribution of the Boquillas Formation (outcrop analog of the Eagle Ford, west Texas) is controlled by sediment productivity under the influence of bottom currents below storm-wave base. (aapg.org)
- Moderate diversity was recorded within the restricted basin facies of the Arctic Bay Formation. (palass.org)
- The transitional, shallower facies of the Iqqittuq Formation host the most diverse assemblage. (palass.org)
- Ongoing work in Ohio shows a dynamic pattern of northwestward, progradational downlap of divisional units of the Bedford Formation towards the top-Cleveland Shale-basal Bedford Formation erosional contact across the greater Cleveland area. (confex.com)
- The diagram is a cross-section of a glacier showing facies at the end of the balance year from glaciological field observations. (wikiversity.org)
- Facies associations, sequence stratigraphy and timing of the earliest Jurassic peak transgression in central Spain (Iberian Range): correlation with other Lower Jurassic sections. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The precise timing and definition of the facies associations of the transgressive-regressive (TR) cycles is of primary importance to perform high-resolution correlations based on sequence stratigraphy among the different subbasins. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Dr. Greene's broad areas of research interests include tectonics and sedimentation, sequence stratigraphy and depositional systems. (csuchico.edu)
Models for facies2
- In this study, the reservoir characteristics of the Ngrayong Sandstone were investigated based on outcrops in the Rembang area. (scirp.org)
- Cross-bedded sandstone and massive sandstone are identified as the most promising potential reservoir facies based on their characteristics in outcrops, their lateral and vertical distributions, their sedimentological characteristics and their petrophysical properties. (scirp.org)
- Stochastic 3D models are used to model facies and petrophysical properties in a reservoir. (nr.no)
- In a shoreface reservoir the deposition of sediments is due to the variation of the sea level and therefore the facies are often forming belts in a systematic pattern. (nr.no)
- For example will a shoreface reservoir deposited by a river create curved facies belts, but a reservoir deposited by a wave, will create parallel facies belts. (nr.no)
- NR has developed a module in object modelling for local update of the realization in an area around the new well information, leaving the other parts of the reservoir unchanged. (nr.no)
- An integrated basin modeling study applying asphaltene kinetics from reservoir petroleum in the Snorre Area, northern North Sea. (uio.no)
- The paper focuses on the use of Petrel Software to construct a 3D-dimensional reservoir model that characterizes and evaluate Zao 21 block reservoir located in Dagang Oil field zilaitun area in Hebei Province of China which has an oil bearing area of 0.9 km2. (omicsonline.org)
- The lithological facies architecture is simulated using Sequential Indicator Simulation to guide the distribution of petro-physical properties of the reservoir since they are intimately related. (omicsonline.org)
- Two distinct eclogite facies are recognised. (bl.uk)
- However, in the peritidal facies of the Cuevas Labradas Fm, deposited southwest of the Montalban Fault, the known record of the Sinemurian-Lower Pliensbachian ammonoids and brachiopods remains very poor (Goy et al. (thefreelibrary.com)
- The country rock is amphibolite facies gneiss of granodioritic composition affected by 4 folding phases, in part of Precambrian age. (bl.uk)
- These lithologies contain amphibolite -facies metamorphic mineral assemblages consistent with rock chemistry. (mindat.org)
- The rocks are believed to have metamorphosed under upper amphibolite facies, and deformed with upright north-northeast-trending structures. (mining-technology.com)
- Lithostratigraphy, depositional facies architecture, and diagenesis of upper Pliocene to Holocene carbonates in northern Belize are evaluated based on a ca 290 m, continuous section of samples from a well drilled on Ambergris Caye that can be linked directly to outcrops of Pleistocene limestone, and of overlying Holocene sediments. (ambergriscaye.com)
- I mainly work with core, outcrop, shallow 3-D seismic data, and modern analogs to piece together depositional facies models for volcanic-derived deposits (eg. (csuchico.edu)
- Although documented deposits and their identified resources are described and characterized, much attention is paid to areas located outside of them, including those where geological exploration is currently underway. (mdpi.com)
- On the other hand, heterolithic facies, developed in high-energy intertidal conditions towards the top of the succession illustrate progressive change in the paleoenvironmental conditions which evolved from a shallow prograding carbonate platform, with periodical sea level oscillations, to siliciclastic tidal influenced littoral conditions with minor development of microbial mat deposits. (scielo.org.ar)
- 2004). In contrast, much less is known about its platform evolution, and what has been published has focused mainly on subsurface upper Quaternary deposits in the central and southern shelf areas of the country (Fig. 1). (ambergriscaye.com)
- Occurrence of ammonoids in the Jurassic deposits represents a conventional tool for bio(chrono)stratigraph ical dating and allows excellent basis for correlation with other areas. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Nearshore wave-aggrivated facies grade to low energy deep water deposits. (flashcardmachine.com)
- Facies S consists of stacked, sheet-like deposits of andesitic sand up to 4 m thick that are continuous across the entire width of the delta. (usgs.gov)
- Radiocarbon ages of wood fragments in the sandy channel-fill deposits also correlate in time to lahar deposits in upstream areas. (usgs.gov)
- and tectonofacies of diverse Devonian deposits and a high-resolution sampling along the profiles in the light of different facies associations is the second main target. (senckenberg.de)
- NR has worked on methods for making realistic geological facies models for almost two decades. (nr.no)
- In the following we show examples of the types of geological facies models we have detailed knowledge of. (nr.no)
- A reconnaissance geological study has been carried out in the Vartdal area of the basal gneiss region of S.W. Norway. (bl.uk)
- This short movie presents the new geological 3D-model of the Mont Terri area. (mont-terri.ch)
- GeoMapper in this earlier phase of development was a pen-based system for making geological maps in the field using Strata Software's PenMap as a digitizing tablet to create macro buttons expressing the basic geological symbols for structures, contacts, and colored area fills. (usgs.gov)
- Calcium bicarbonate, calcium-magnesium-bicarbonate and calcium carbonate are the dominant hydrochemical facies among the water samples. (chemweb.com)
- Few studies have been conducted to understand groundwater quality and hydrochemical evolution in the study area, some of which include [ 1 , 2 , 3 ]. (mdpi.com)
- The present study envisages the application of multivariate analysis, water utility class and conventional graphical representation to reveal the hidden factor responsible for deterioration of water quality and determine the hydrochemical facies and its evolution processes of water types in Nalagarh valley, India. (chemweb.com)
- The aim of this work is to report the results of the work performed in the sequence and cycle stratigraphy of the Early Jurassic shallow platform to peritidal carbonates of the Cuevas Labradas Fm, which includes the analysis of the facies associations and the finding of ammonoids that allowed dating of the peak transgression of Cycle LJ-2 in this part of the Iberian platform system. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Cleveland-area stratigraphy is dominated by the thick, black Cleveland Shale succession ( expansa - praesulcata conodont zones), which includes the record of the global Dasberg event and possibly the Hangenberg black shale marker, as yet undiscovered, near its top. (confex.com)
- Also as compared with geosynclinal areas, the stratigraphy is simple, and this succession of many thin beds of sediments has been compared to that of a layer cake. (ku.edu)
- On the one hand, calcareous facies (well-preserved head stromatolites) have developed in a shallow subtidal to lower intertidal environment. (scielo.org.ar)
- The knowledge of facies development of Upper Jurassic sediments in the remaining areas of central and southern Poland is based on rarely published data from wells (e.g. (springer.com)
- 2005 ). To the northeast, this megafacies passes into sediments of a shallow-water platform prograding from the Lublin area located some 200 km to the east. (springer.com)
- Paleocene-Oligomiocene sediments in study area cover two formations: Jahrum and Asmari. (scirp.org)
- 1999), described inter-relationships among mixed carbonate-siliciclastic facies architecture, development of incised valleys and valley-ll systems, sea-level uctuations, and tectonics. (ambergriscaye.com)
- Tectonics, eustasy, sediment supply and sediment source area control facies distribution. (rice.edu)
- Excluding oolites, Holocene facies are similar to those in the Pleistocene and include mud-mounds, foraminiferal sand shoals in the inner shelf, and within the interiors of Ambergris and surrounding cayes, mangrove swamps, shallow lagoons, and tidal and sea-marginal ats. (ambergriscaye.com)
- Choi & Holmes, 1982) evaluated lithostratigraphy, facies patterns and platform development based on analysis of seismic proles coupled with some drill logs and shallow cores. (ambergriscaye.com)
- Mean seasonal elevations and currents are generally much smaller than the astronomical ones, allowing the use of tidal forcing only in hydrodynamic predictions.The model simulations were satisfactory in the platform and less precise within bays and internal shallow areas, where significative delays are observed, due to effects of smaller scale than the one adopted by the model. (worldwidescience.org)
- These "rapid" changes, both vertically and laterally, are explained by the Jurassic environment that corresponded to the coastal areas of shallow warm seas under a Bahamas type of climate of today. (geocaching.com)
- Besides the regional and local working groups in different countries a special scientific focus ahs been on different palaeogeographic and facies settings: (1) terrestrial realm (2) transitional/shallow marine realm and (3) outer shelf/open marine realm. (senckenberg.de)
- Geochemically driven exploration models in uplifted areas: Examples from the Norwegian Barents Sea. (uio.no)
- The distribution of Upper Oxfordian-Lowermost Kimmeridgian facies follows the block structure of the basement and was controlled by reactivation of Paleozoic tectonic blocks in the Late Jurassic. (springer.com)
- The main tectonic element in the investigation area is the Mont Terri anticline. (mont-terri.ch)
- The Zao 21 Block is located on Zilaitun area of Dagang oil field, Hebei Province Huanghua Depression area which belongs to a tectonic unit of Bohai Bay basin in the east of China which is the biggest depressed area. (omicsonline.org)
- Figure 2 --Study area showing Stanton Limestone outcrop (between dashed lines), Rock Lake sandstone outcrops (stippled), and three facies belts of Heckel (1975b). (ku.edu)
- This paper presents the workflow and preliminary results of a core facies, log facies, and sequence stratigraphic evaluation of the Turner Sandstone Member of the Carlile Shale in the Porcupine Field area of southeastern Campbell County. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- Most conventional production was from cross-stratified and structureless sandstone facies that accumulated in elongated, isolated sand bodies or sand ridges. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- It thins southward over most of the algal-mound facies belt (fig. 3) to 0.3-0.6 m (1-2 ft) but thickens locally to 21 m (70 ft) with a large addition of sandstone within paleochannels in this region. (ku.edu)
- It thickens regionally and includes strata equivalent to the underlying Stoner Limestone Member as it grades largely into sandstone southward in the terrigenous-detrital facies belt, where it reaches 25.8 m (85 ft) in thickness in T. 33 S., R. 14 E., and 54 m (177 ft) in the subsurface of T. 34 S., R. 12 E. and R. 13 E. (ku.edu)
- Southward in the terrigenous-detrital facies belt the limestones thin abruptly to only a meter in thickness and the shale members thicken substantially. (ku.edu)
- Reconstruction of the Late Jurassic facies architecture of this broad, epeiric carbonate shelf located in central and southern Poland is difficult and controversial due to insufficient knowledge of microfacies development and facies distribution. (springer.com)
- These units are then mapped across the entire seismic survey area to identify the Gross Depositional Environments and associated facies for each sequence. (tgs.com)
- Can we project how thickness, facies, etc. will change in these areas? (carleton.edu)
- Southward in the algal-mound facies belt, in northern Montgomery County, the limestone members of the Stanton Limestone thicken into algal-mound facies, reaching a thickness of 35 m (115 ft). (ku.edu)
- The Cache area was designated as a critical groundwater area in 2009 due to the decline in its water level to below 50 % of the saturated thickness of the aquifer. (chemweb.com)
- In the intertidal area of the inlet, one facies (A1) was located in areas associated with seagrass meadows of Zostera spp. (bioone.org)
- The Upper Cambrian-Tremadocian rocks exposed in the Alfarcito area of Cordillera Oriental, northwest Argentina reveal a series of transgressive-regressive cycles punctuated by incision of fluvio-estuarine valleys. (scielo.org.ar)
- The progradation model is developed in the Jiulongshan and Longhui areas, besides the basin marginal bank, the favorable exploration zones also include the oolitic bank developing areas of the inner basin. (scirp.org)
- Wei suggested that the facies gradually evolved from the basin to the slopes, platform margin bank, open platform, restricted platform, and evaporation platform . (scirp.org)
- This study is based on the sequence division in the Kaijiang-Liangping basin area. (scirp.org)
- The Kaijiang-Liangping basin, Northeast Sichuan, with an area approximately 2 × 10 4 km 2 , geographically covers the cities of Guangyuan, Nanchong, Bazhong, and Dazhou in Sichuan. (scirp.org)
- The investigated material originates from the historical type areas of the Tournaisian and Visean stages (Tournai and Visé, respectively) and from the Waulsortian carbonate buildups developed in the Namur-Dinant Basin. (palaeo-electronica.org)
- The study area is designated as sixth-order basin and lower and middle order streams mostly dominate the basin with the drainage density value of 2.46 km/km 2 which exhibits gentle to steep slope terrain, medium dense vegetation, and less permeable with medium precipitation. (chemweb.com)
- Ammonoids-bearing external platform facies, represented by the Rio Palomar and the Almonacid de la Cuba Fms were deposited northeast of the Montalban Fault, whereas peritidal carbonate deposition continued southwest of the fault (Figs. 2, 3). (thefreelibrary.com)
- Eustatic cycle charts, seismic facies analysis, and the accommodation model of cyclic deposition were developed as applications. (geosociety.org)
- Early in the deposition of this rock unit a sea-level oscillation resulted in temporary emergence, causing a change in facies or a break in deposition. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Eight lithofacies were identified from five measured stratigraphic sections, and are dominated by foreshore and tide-dominated shoreface facies. (scirp.org)
- A further implication is that interpretations of pulses of deformation, based on unconformities beneath conglomeratic facies , need to be treated with caution. (thefreedictionary.com)
- This immaturity stands in marked contrast to other area conglomeratic units, which are quartz-dominated. (confex.com)
- Ma deemed that the facies of the Kaijiang-Liangping area from the Changxing period to the Early Triassic period were produced in an environment of platform shelf in relatively deep waters of a carbonate platform . (scirp.org)
- These ages are interpreted to date either the timing of a subsequent Early Cretaceous episode of crustal thickening and metamorphism or, assuming that these other areas were also originally heated during the latest Triassic to Early Jurassic and remained buried, the timing of their uplift and cooling. (usgs.gov)
- We discuss the influence played by different statistical models in the prediction of porosity and litho-fluid facies from logged and post-stack inverted acoustic impedance ( Ip ) values. (preprints.org)
- The first model assumes Gaussian distributed porosity and Ip values, thus neglecting their facies-dependent behaviour caused by different lithologic and saturation conditions. (preprints.org)
- Differently, the other two statistical models relate each component of the mixture to a specific litho-fluid facies, so that the facies-dependency of porosity and Ip values is taken into account. (preprints.org)
- Facies CF consists of linear sandbodies or palaeochannels incised into facies S on the lower delta plain. (usgs.gov)
- Petrological, mineralogical, petrophysical and sedimentological facies analyses were conducted. (scirp.org)
- Les résultats de ces analyses ont montré l'utilité du modèle, en particulier dans les régions montagneuses, où aucune différence significative n'a été décelée entre les données IFN et le modèle. (springer.com)
- Here Pete recognized Miocene onlap and facies changes in well logs. (geosociety.org)
- Using the physical and field-based characteristics of scoriaceous samples a simple generalised facies model of basaltic scoria cones for the AVF is developed that can be extended to other scoria cones elsewhere. (deepdyve.com)
- This research examined field characteristics, mineralogical and geochemical composition of gold bearing quartz veins and soils and used the aforementioned to establish prospectivity prediction models that indicate ranking of areas with potential gold mineralization. (hindawi.com)
- The facies represent distinctive areas with characteristics that reflect the environment under which the snow or ice was formed. (wikiversity.org)
- Se describen tres secciones estratigráficas en las cuáles las facies carbonáticas no habían sido descriptas 'in situ' desde 1967. (scielo.org.ar)
- Eight scoria cones from the Quaternary Auckland Volcanic Field in New Zealand were selected to define the eruptive style variability from their volcanic facies architecture. (deepdyve.com)
- Recent developments have made this a very powerful approach for reproducing realistic petrophysical trends and fluid flow patterns inside each individual facies body. (nr.no)
- In the open-marine facies belt of northeastern Kansas, the members of the Stanton Limestone are 10.5 m (34.4 ft) thick and can be traced laterally to northern Anderson County with little change (Heckel and Cocke, 1969). (ku.edu)
- Stratigraphic work on the Stanton Limestone in the detrital facies belt has been reviewed by Heckel (1975b, p. 7). (ku.edu)
- This terrestrial interlude was followed by inundation by a sea, perhaps 2-3 m higher than the present level, in which was deposited a fairly uniform limestone over the whole area of proto-Aldabra. (royalsocietypublishing.org)
- Repetto sandstones grade southward from the suprafan facies into distal submarine-fan facies into offshore areas. (utexas.edu)
- In the northeastern part of the area, movements along the Montalban Fault (Fig. 3) caused subsidence of hanging wall blocks located to the northeast of the fault, and the generation of enough accommodation space as to allow better development of the Sinemurian-Pliensbachian TR facies Cycle LJ-2. (thefreelibrary.com)
- Resumo em inglês The study area is located off the southern coast of Pernambuco state, northeastern Brazil. (worldwidescience.org)
- India , Structure of the northeastern frontier area of Assam. (lyellcollection.org)
- A seismic facies unit is a mapped, three-dimensional seismic unit composed of groups of reflections whose parameters differ from adjacent facies units. (tgs.com)
- Thirty-five prospective areas with hypothetical and speculative resources have been delineated in SW Poland, including the most prospective areas adjacent to the Cu-Ag Lubin-Sieroszowice deposit. (mdpi.com)
- They confirm evidence of similar ornaments from other less well dated sites in North Africa and adjacent areas of southwest Asia. (pnas.org)
- Comparison of Oxfordian-Lowermost Kimmeridgian facies types from central and southern Poland enabled the reconstruction of the general facies architecture in the Polish part of the northern peri-Tethyan shelf belonging to the Małopolska Block. (springer.com)
- In recent years, numerous wells have been completed in the area of the Złoczew Graben. (springer.com)
- Drill cores and data collected from wells have led to the recognition of an Upper Oxfordian-Lowermost Kimmeridgian sequence and to the construction of a 3D model of the graben with distribution of facies. (springer.com)
- The Middle to Upper Jurassic in the Viking Graben area was deposited during an overall transgression. (rice.edu)
- Sur le plan tectonique, en conséquence du rifting intra continental N-S de la période Tertiaire, la région viticole représente aujourd'hui une zone faillée et légèrement plissée très étroite entre des plateaux jurassiques carbonatés à l'Ouest Nord Ouest (extrémité du bassin de Paris) et les dépôts tertiaires à dominance argileuse du graben de la Bresse à l'Est Sud Est. (geocaching.com)
- Potential productivity of forested areas based on a biophysical model. (springer.com)
- A paleoenvironmental model is proposed for the area. (scielo.org.ar)
- A simulation model for part of the Mississippi River Valley alluvial aquifer in the Cache area, Arkansas, was coupled with an optimization model to determine maximum optimal pumping from irrigation wells in the areas where cones of depression exist. (chemweb.com)
- Resumo em inglês A linear three-dimensional hydrodynamical numerical model, Heaps type, was implemented to the continental shelf of Maranhão State, aiming the simulation of the circulation generated by astronomical and meteorological effects in that area. (worldwidescience.org)
- Five runs of the model were performed, in order to compute the circulation in the shelf due to the following effects: principal lunar semi-diurnal component (M2), composition of the principal astronomical components in the area, mean su (mais) mmer meteorological conditions, mean winter meteorological conditions and tidal forcing in specific periods of interest. (worldwidescience.org)
- Areas metamorphosed during the Jurassic episode that crop out near the Border Ranges fault system were subsequently retrograded and deformed in Cretaceous and early Tertiary time during accretion of younger units to the south. (usgs.gov)
- The scope of this study covers recent advances and prospects in optical and thermal remote sensing of glacier facies, glacier velocity, mass balance, glacial hazards and automated mapping techniques. (diva-portal.org)