Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
Bones of Upper Extremity
Respiratory Tract Infections
Esophageal Sphincter, Upper
The muscles of the PHARYNX are voluntary muscles arranged in two layers. The external circular layer consists of three constrictors (superior, middle, and inferior). The internal longitudinal layer consists of the palatopharyngeus, the salpingopharyngeus, and the stylopharyngeus. During swallowing, the outer layer constricts the pharyngeal wall and the inner layer elevates pharynx and LARYNX.
A general term referring to a mild to moderate degree of muscular weakness, occasionally used as a synonym for PARALYSIS (severe or complete loss of motor function). In the older literature, paresis often referred specifically to paretic neurosyphilis (see NEUROSYPHILIS). "General paresis" and "general paralysis" may still carry that connotation. Bilateral lower extremity paresis is referred to as PARAPARESIS.
Cumulative Trauma Disorders
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Procedures of applying ENDOSCOPES for disease diagnosis and treatment. Endoscopy involves passing an optical instrument through a small incision in the skin i.e., percutaneous; or through a natural orifice and along natural body pathways such as the digestive tract; and/or through an incision in the wall of a tubular structure or organ, i.e. transluminal, to examine or perform surgery on the interior parts of the body.
Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Upper Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis
DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS of an upper extremity vein (e.g., AXILLARY VEIN; SUBCLAVIAN VEIN; and JUGULAR VEINS). It is associated with mechanical factors (Upper Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis, Primary) secondary to other anatomic factors (Upper Extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis, Secondary). Symptoms may include sudden onset of pain, warmth, redness, blueness, and swelling in the arm.
Severe or complete loss of motor function on one side of the body. This condition is usually caused by BRAIN DISEASES that are localized to the cerebral hemisphere opposite to the side of weakness. Less frequently, BRAIN STEM lesions; cervical SPINAL CORD DISEASES; PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES; and other conditions may manifest as hemiplegia. The term hemiparesis (see PARESIS) refers to mild to moderate weakness involving one side of the body.
Recovery of Function
A form of muscle hypertonia associated with upper MOTOR NEURON DISEASE. Resistance to passive stretch of a spastic muscle results in minimal initial resistance (a "free interval") followed by an incremental increase in muscle tone. Tone increases in proportion to the velocity of stretch. Spasticity is usually accompanied by HYPERREFLEXIA and variable degrees of MUSCLE WEAKNESS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p54)
Respiratory Physiological Phenomena
Ulcer that occurs in the regions of the GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT which come into contact with GASTRIC JUICE containing PEPSIN and GASTRIC ACID. It occurs when there are defects in the MUCOSA barrier. The common forms of peptic ulcers are associated with HELICOBACTER PYLORI and the consumption of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
In some animals, the jaws together with their horny covering. The beak usually refers to the bill of birds in which the whole varies greatly in form according of the food and habits of the bird. While the beak refers most commonly to birds, the anatomical counterpart is found also in the turtle, squid, and octopus. (From Webster, 3d ed & Storer, et al., General Zoology, 6th ed, p491, 755)
The act of breathing with the LUNGS, consisting of INHALATION, or the taking into the lungs of the ambient air, and of EXHALATION, or the expelling of the modified air which contains more CARBON DIOXIDE than the air taken in (Blakiston's Gould Medical Dictionary, 4th ed.). This does not include tissue respiration (= OXYGEN CONSUMPTION) or cell respiration (= CELL RESPIRATION).
A group of pathological conditions characterized by sudden, non-convulsive loss of neurological function due to BRAIN ISCHEMIA or INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGES. Stroke is classified by the type of tissue NECROSIS, such as the anatomic location, vasculature involved, etiology, age of the affected individual, and hemorrhagic vs. non-hemorrhagic nature. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp777-810)
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Denture, Complete, Upper
Sensitivity and Specificity
Drugs used for their actions on skeletal muscle. Included are agents that act directly on skeletal muscle, those that alter neuromuscular transmission (NEUROMUSCULAR BLOCKING AGENTS), and drugs that act centrally as skeletal muscle relaxants (MUSCLE RELAXANTS, CENTRAL). Drugs used in the treatment of movement disorders are ANTI-DYSKINESIA AGENTS.
Branches of the VAGUS NERVE. The superior laryngeal nerves originate near the nodose ganglion and separate into external branches, which supply motor fibers to the cricothyroid muscles, and internal branches, which carry sensory fibers. The RECURRENT LARYNGEAL NERVE originates more caudally and carries efferents to all muscles of the larynx except the cricothyroid. The laryngeal nerves and their various branches also carry sensory and autonomic fibers to the laryngeal, pharyngeal, tracheal, and cardiac regions.
Motor Neuron Disease
Diseases characterized by a selective degeneration of the motor neurons of the spinal cord, brainstem, or motor cortex. Clinical subtypes are distinguished by the major site of degeneration. In AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS there is involvement of upper, lower, and brainstem motor neurons. In progressive muscular atrophy and related syndromes (see MUSCULAR ATROPHY, SPINAL) the motor neurons in the spinal cord are primarily affected. With progressive bulbar palsy (BULBAR PALSY, PROGRESSIVE), the initial degeneration occurs in the brainstem. In primary lateral sclerosis, the cortical neurons are affected in isolation. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1089)
Simultaneous and continuous monitoring of several parameters during sleep to study normal and abnormal sleep. The study includes monitoring of brain waves, to assess sleep stages, and other physiological variables such as breathing, eye movements, and blood oxygen levels which exhibit a disrupted pattern with sleep disturbances.
Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
Anti-inflammatory agents that are non-steroidal in nature. In addition to anti-inflammatory actions, they have analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions.They act by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, which converts arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides, precursors of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis accounts for their analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions; other mechanisms may contribute to their anti-inflammatory effects.
Severity of Illness Index
Fiber Optic Technology
Analysis of Variance
Brachial Plexus Neuropathies
Diseases of the cervical (and first thoracic) roots, nerve trunks, cords, and peripheral nerve components of the BRACHIAL PLEXUS. Clinical manifestations include regional pain, PARESTHESIA; MUSCLE WEAKNESS, and decreased sensation (HYPESTHESIA) in the upper extremity. These disorders may be associated with trauma (including BIRTH INJURIES); THORACIC OUTLET SYNDROME; NEOPLASMS; NEURITIS; RADIOTHERAPY; and other conditions. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1351-2)
Nasal Lavage Fluid
Superficial Back Muscles
Range of Motion, Articular
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
A neurovascular syndrome associated with compression of the BRACHIAL PLEXUS; SUBCLAVIAN ARTERY; and SUBCLAVIAN VEIN at the superior thoracic outlet. This may result from a variety of anomalies such as a CERVICAL RIB, anomalous fascial bands, and abnormalities of the origin or insertion of the anterior or medial scalene muscles. Clinical features may include pain in the shoulder and neck region which radiates into the arm, PARESIS or PARALYSIS of brachial plexus innervated muscles, PARESTHESIA, loss of sensation, reduction of arterial pulses in the affected extremity, ISCHEMIA, and EDEMA. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp214-5).
Motion Therapy, Continuous Passive
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Orthodontic Appliance Design
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Body ventilators that assist ventilation by applying intermittent subatmospheric pressure around the thorax, abdomen, or airway and periodically expand the chest wall and inflate the lungs. They are relatively simple to operate and do not require tracheostomy. These devices include the tank ventilators ("iron lung"), Portalung, Pneumowrap, and chest cuirass ("tortoise shell").
The facial skeleton, consisting of bones situated between the cranial base and the mandibular region. While some consider the facial bones to comprise the hyoid (HYOID BONE), palatine (HARD PALATE), and zygomatic (ZYGOMA) bones, MANDIBLE, and MAXILLA, others include also the lacrimal and nasal bones, inferior nasal concha, and vomer but exclude the hyoid bone. (Jablonski, Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p113)
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Botulinum Toxins, Type A
A vague complaint of debility, fatigue, or exhaustion attributable to weakness of various muscles. The weakness can be characterized as subacute or chronic, often progressive, and is a manifestation of many muscle and neuromuscular diseases. (From Wyngaarden et al., Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 19th ed, p2251)
Physical Therapy Modalities
". "Roxborough Area YMCA". "Spring Valley YMCA". "Upper Perkiomen YMCA". "West Philadelphia YMCA". Official website ... ". "Ambler Area YMCA". "Audubon YMCA". "Christian Street YMCA". "Columbia North YMCA". "Hatboro Area YMCA". "Haverford Area ... Ambler Area YMCA, serving Ambler, Fort Washington, Blue Bell, Horsham, North Wales and the surrounding communities, offers a ... Hatboro Area YMCA, serving Hatboro, Horsham, Warminster, Willow Grove and the surrounding communities, offers a wide range of ...
... is a hot spring in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. Doublet Pool is 8 feet (2.4 m) ... Geyser Observation and Study Association (GOSA). "Doublet Pool". Old Faithful Area Tour. National Park Service. Archived from ... "Geysers - Upper Geyser Basin". YellowstoneNationalPark.com. Retrieved 2009-03-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) " ... List of Yellowstone geothermal features Yellowstone National Park Geothermal areas of Yellowstone "Doublet Pool". Yellowstone ...
Ski Big Bear
Easiest: Snowbird (Learning Area); Whispering Run; Lower Jamboree; Upper Eagles Pass; Lower Eagles Pass; Cruisin' More ... Upper Thundercloud; Lower Thundercloud; Devil's Dip; Lower Polar Bear Expert Only: Screamin' Demon Freestyle Areas: Terrain ... It is also fairly unusual as the main lodge, parking areas, and facilities are located at the top of the mountain. Skiers and ... Little Bear (double): Serves Snowbird and upper part of Whispering Run. Magic Carpet I (conveyor): Serves Snowbird Magic Carpet ...
What is notable is that the majority of these urban areas are in the upper reaches of either the Trent itself, as is the case ... The less populous rural areas are offset by a number of large urbanised areas including the conurbations of Stoke-on-Trent, ... and the large woodland areas, including Sherwood Forest in the Dukeries area of the Idle catchment, the upland Charnwood Forest ... At Stoke-on-Trent in the upper reaches, the average flow is only 0.6 m3/s (21 cu ft/s), which increases considerably to 4.4 m3/ ...
"Geyers - Upper Basin". YellowstoneNationalPark.com. "Chromatic Spring". Old Faithful Area Tour. National Park Service. Archived ... Beauty Pool is a hot spring in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone National Park in the United States. It is connected to the ...
... is a local government area in the Upper Hunter region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire is situated ... Of people in the area aged 15 years and over, 47.0 per cent were married and 11.8 per cent were either divorced or separated. ... At the 2011 census, the proportion of residents in the Muswellbrook Shire local government area who stated their ancestry as ... "Upper Hunter". New South Wales Electoral Commission. Retrieved 23 November 2019. "Hunter". Australian Electoral Commission. 26 ...
Felix M., Keesing (1962). "The Upper Cagayan Area". The Ethnohistory of Northern Luzon. Stanford University Press. p. 297. ISBN ... In most areas, especially at the east and south of the province, indigenous traditions have degraded due to the influx of ... The four studs, placed at the corner of the house, are mortised at their upper end into four tie-beans or purlins (wanan) which ... Ifugao covers a total area of 2,628.21 square kilometres (1,014.76 sq mi) occupying the southeastern section of the Cordillera ...
The Upper Navua Conservation Area is an area in the central highlands of Viti Levu where the Navua River passes through a ... "Rivers Fiji (Upper Navua) , Protected Planet". www.protectedplanet.net. Retrieved 28 May 2017. "Upper Navua Conservation Area ... The area was listed as a "Wetland of International Importance" under the Ramsar Convention on April 11, 2006. " ...
... while the Upper Raush Protected Area covers 5,582 hectares (13,790 acres) of its upper reaches. More than 50 kilometers of the ... "Upper Raush Protected Area". BC Parks - Province of British Columbia. Retrieved 1 June 2013. Nash, Mike (2004). Exploring ... Two areas of the river are protected: the Lower Raush Protected Area protects 1,279 hectares (3,160 acres) near the river's ...
Three-coloured harlequin toad
Loreal area barely convex; upper lip fleshy; immediate lateral postorbital are convex; temporal area slightly convex; tympanum ...
2. Ullingswick: Upper Court Press. pp. 620-622. ISBN 0-9538616-1-9. Beaminster Area Team Ministry. ... Since 1979, St Mary's, South Perrott has been part of the Beaminster Area Team Ministry (Diocese of Salisbury). "Parish ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Area: South Perrott (Parish), Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics". ... the population in these areas was 367. The name Perrott comes from the River Parrett. The manor was held with North Perrott ...
Crag Hill (Yorkshire Dales)
"OL2" (Map). Yorkshire Dales - Southern & Western Area. 1:25,000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 9780319263310. " ... Upper Wharfedale. 1:50,000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 2015. ISBN 9780319263419. " ...
Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada
Upper stand: radio commentary area; press area; indoor camera area. Costing approximately 3 million euro, the renovation was ... first aid area; plant room. Under the seated area: Middle Tier: drugs testing area; large meeting room; press office; 3 x ... 12 to 15 person shower area and toilet facilities); referees' room; kitchen & dining area; public toilet facilities (wheelchair ...
Blankenese High Lighthouse
... (also known as Blankenese Upper Lighthouse) was a lighthouse on the river Elbe in the Hamburg ... "Lighthouses of Germany: Hamburg Area". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 31 ... "Lighthouse Blankenese Upper". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 29 June 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Diagrams". ...
List of Superfund sites in Montana
"Silver Bow Creek/Butte Area". EPA. Retrieved 2009-12-20. "Upper Tenmile Creek". EPA. Retrieved 2010-04-30. EPA (region 8) list ... "Basin Mining Area". EPA. Retrieved 2009-12-19. "Barker Hughesville Mining District". EPA. Retrieved 2009-12-09. "Burlington ...
"Upper Silesian polycentric metropolitan area. Inside the Katowice morphological area, the main municipalities are Katowice (338 ... Located in the eastern part of the Upper Silesian Industrial Region, Sosnowiec is one of the cities of the Katowice urban area ... as well as the greater Upper Silesian metropolitan area populated by about 5.3 million people. The population of the city is ... In the area of the city preserved many parks established at the residence of industrialists, and also created a lot of new. ...
"Upper Sutlej basin area" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 January 2018. "Page 60, The Ravi- Beas Water Tribunal ... The area to the southeast on the Pakistani side of the Indian border is called the Cholistan Desert and, on the Indian side, ... The Upper Sutlej Valley, called Langqên Zangbo in Tibet, was once known as the Garuda Valley by the Zhangzhung, the ancient ... Thus Gujarat state of India is also a riparian state of Indus river as Rann of Kutch area lying west of Kori Creek in the state ...
Scouting in Connecticut
Upper Middlesex Area Council (1949-?) Middletown Girl Scout Council (1929-?) Connecticut Yankee Council of Girl Scouts (?-1995 ... The camp was founded in 1928 by the Bristol Area Council. It was sold after the New Britain Area Council and the Bristol Area ... The merge of two former councils (the New Britain Area Council and the Bristol Area Council) into the Nathan Hale Council in ... New London Area and Middlesex Area councils. In 1995, Connecticut Yankee Council of Girl Scouts merged. The name was changed to ...
1928 Thames flood
A considerable area of the city centre was flooded by this unprecedented combination of events. The first section of the ... Water Subsiding In Upper Reaches." The Times, 8 January 1928 "Thames House Archived 2015-09-15 at the Wayback Machine", MI5 ... Damage In Tooleystreet Area." The Times, 9 January 1928 "Whole Country Swept by Gale, The Manchester Guardian, 7 January 1928 " ... Near Lambeth Bridge the embankment gave way, sending a wall of water through a generally poor and run-down area where nine ...
Discal area glossy dark green. Distal border broad, deep black. Base of the forewing dark, of the hindwing somewhat lighter sea ... Upper surface grey green. Forewing with two rows of submarginal yellow dots, of which the proximal are considerably broader ... Under surface: forewing bearing two very large rounded ocelli between the medians and two much smaller ones between the upper ... radial and the upper median. The proximal median spots narrow, irregular. Discal spot black. Cell with two very broad white ...
It passes through Upper Chee Dale and then enters Chee Tor Tunnels 1 and 2 through to Miller's Dale. There is also a riverside ... OL24 White Peak area (Map). 1:25000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. West sheet.. ... The crags of carboniferous limestone in Upper Chee Dale and of Chee Tor cliff in Lower Chee Dale have extensive rock climbing ... "Chee Dale Upper". UK Climbing. Retrieved 31 March 2020. "Disused Stations: Cheedale Halt". www.disused-stations.org.uk. ...
Upper Symonds Street Historic Area, an area covering Symonds Street south of the Southern Motorway, and adjacent parts of ... "Upper Symonds Street Historic Area". Register of Historic Places. Heritage New Zealand. Coordinates: 36°51′22″S 174°45′58″E ... The statistical areas of Symonds Street North West, Symonds Street West and Symonds Street East cover the area east of Queen ... CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Statistical area 1 dataset for 2018 Census". Statistics New Zealand. March 2020. ...
Burned areas are now more savanna like (having greater grass and forb and lower shrub and lower tree representation) than ... ". "Upper Midwest forest-savanna transition". Terrestrial Ecoregions. World Wildlife Fund. "Central forest-grasslands ... These savanna areas provided habitat for many animals, including American bison, elk, and white-tailed deer. The most fire- ... There are also small areas of oak savannas in other parts of the world. (See also Eastern savannas of the United States for ...
"Upper Thomson River System" (PDF). Protecting critical aquatic ecosystems. Retrieved 29 January 2011. "Central Area -0 Baw Baw ... cincta) is endemic to a small area near Mount Selma. Road works, logging and controlled burning are potential threats to the ... In the summer of 2006-2007, the area was burned during the Eastern Victoria Great Divide bushfires. Before the fire reached the ... "Alpine Area Special Investigation" (PDF). Land Conservation Council (Victoria). Retrieved 29 January 2012. Map 2 Thomson Valley ...
"Upper Cretaceous Stratigraphy, Rocky Mountain Area". AAPG Bulletin. 44: 1-20. doi:10.1306/0BDA5F6F-16BD-11D7-8645000102C1865D. ... The Mancos Shale rests conformably on the Dakota and in its upper part grades into and intertongues with the Mesaverde Group. ... The Mancos Shale or Mancos Group is a Late Cretaceous (Upper Cretaceous) geologic formation of the Western United States. The ... "Stratigraphy of the Colorado Group, Upper Cretaceous, in Northern New Mexico" (PDF). New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral ...
City of Penrith
Agnes Bank Natural Area Castlereagh, Castlereagh Road: Upper Castlereagh Public School Emu Plains, Main Western railway: Emu ... The City of Penrith is a local government area in the state of New South Wales, Australia. The seat of the city is located in ... "Natural Area". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. H00649. Retrieved 18 May 2018. " ... "Upper Castlereagh Public School and residence". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. ...
South of the hamlet is Satron Moor, which used to be worked for minerals as with much of the Upper Swaledale area. The waters ... "OL 30" (Map). Yorkshire Dales - Northern & Central Area. 1:50,000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 9780319263358. "Area: ... The name of the village derives from Old Norse 'saetr' (summer pasture) from when Upper Swaledale was settled by the Norse ... "OL 19" (Map). Howgill Fells and Upper Eden Valley. 1:50,000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 2016. ISBN 9780319263341. "Satron". ...
Cut River (Mackinac County, Michigan)
"Epoufette: Cut River Bridge & Picnic Area". Hunts' Guide to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Albion, MI: Midwestern Guides. ... Cut River is a small, short river in the Upper Peninsula of the U.S. state of Michigan. The 4-mile (6.5 km) river runs along ...
"Upper Colorado Special Recreation Management Area". U.S. Bureau of Land Management. September 29, 2011. Archived from the ... Without the addition of surface water storage in the upper basin, there was no guarantee that the upper basin states would be ... "Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Expanded Zebra Mussel Action Plan" (PDF). Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. U.S. ... which divided half of the river's flow to both the Upper Basin (the drainage area above Lee's Ferry, comprising parts of ...
Reading Area Fire-Fighters Museum; Upper Peninsula Fire Fighters Memorial Museum; Uppertown Firefighter's Museum. Conway, W. ...
Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development
The typical duration of such projects is three to five years but there is not a defined upper limit. The budget granted by the ... The expected growth of future UAS movements in rural as well as urban areas indicates the need for traffic management solutions ... The programme consists of three main research areas that are called "pillars": The first pillar, "Excellent Science", focuses ... including urban areas." Subsequently, specific microservices will be prototyped and laboratory scale tested in a server- ...
See also: History of the Galveston Bay Area. White settlers first arrived in the now-Baytown area in 1822. One of its ... Field Trip Guidebook on Environmental Impact of Clays along the Upper Texas Coast. Prepared by Theron D. Garcia, Douglas W. ... Flatness of the local terrain and proximity to the bay have made flooding a recurring problem for the area. Baytown and ... Since then, many other refineries have been built in the area. Exxon-Mobil is still one of the major employers in the city and ...
Scarring hair loss
Affected areas of the scalp may show little signs of inflammation, or have redness, scaling, increased or decreased ... However, all cicatricial alopecias involve inflammation directed at the upper part of the hair follicle where the stem cells ... In some cases, progression is slow and there is always sufficient hair remaining to cover the affected scalp areas; in other ... Triamcinolone acetonide, a corticosteroid, may be injected into inflamed, symptomatic areas of the scalp. Treatment of the ...
See (Figure 7, on page 812 at History of floods on the River Vistula) for a reconstruction map of the delta area as it was ... The Vistula can be divided into three parts: upper, from its sources to Sandomierz; center, from Sandomierz to the confluences ... In the last million years, an ice sheet entered the area of Poland eight times, bringing along with it changes of reaches of ... Vistula - the most important and the longest river in Poland, and the largest river in the area of the Baltic Sea. The length ...
Holy Roman Empire
Hardy, Duncan, Associative Political Culture in the Holy Roman Empire: Upper Germany, 1346-1521. (Oxford University Press, 2018 ... There were also some areas ruled directly by the Emperor. At no time could the Emperor simply issue decrees and govern ... Going by the given areas, Wilson's figures only include the German and Czech speaking parts of the Reich, thus excluding the ... Duncan Hardy, Associative Political Culture in the Holy Roman Empire: Upper Germany, 1346-1521 (Oxford: Oxford University Press ...
Liquefied natural gas
1 - to ensure that the gas distributed is non-corrosive and non-toxic, below the upper limits for H2S, total sulphur, CO2 and ... or for deliveries of natural gas to remote areas not connected to pipelines. They typically have a compact size, are fed ... did experiments in this area. In 1886 Karol Olszewski liquefied methane, the primary constituent of natural gas. By 1900 all ... from the year 2020 within International Waters and coastal areas of Countries adopting the same regulation. Replacement of high ...
Cage Rage Championships
Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.. *Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent. ... Upper limit in pounds (lb) in kilograms (kg) Featherweight 140. 63.5 Lightweight 155. 70.3 ...
Kategorie:Local Government Area in Western Australia
Seiten in der Kategorie „Local Government Area in Western Australia". Folgende 142 Seiten sind in dieser Kategorie, von 142 ... Kategorie:Local Government Area in Western Australia. aus Wikipedia, der freien Enzyklopädie ... Upper Gascoyne Shire. V. *Victoria Park Town. *Victoria Plains Shire. *Vincent Town ... Abgerufen von „https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kategorie:Local_Government_Area_in_Western_Australia&oldid=148178976 ...
They advertise their unique educational curricula in order to attract white students who do not live in the surrounding area. ... Most magnet schools concentrate on a particular discipline or area of study, while others (such as International Baccalaureate ... In large urban areas, several magnet schools with different specializations may be combined into a single "center", such as ... schools and decrease de facto segregation of schools in poorer areas. To encourage the voluntary desegregation, districts ...
Astor was not propelled into the upper echelon of movie stars by these successes, however. She always declined offers of ... and other areas of her life, she did not mention the movie industry or her career in detail. In 1971, a second book was ...
There have been small colonies reported in other areas. The British Deer Society coordinated a survey of wild ... Young are born dark brown with white stripes and spots along their upper torso. ... The main area of distribution is from Woburn, east into Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex, and south towards ... Each would try to wound the other on the head, shoulders, or back, by stabbing or tearing with his upper canines. The fight is ...
In early 1972, Pol Pot embarked on his first tour of the Marxist-controlled areas across Cambodia. In these areas, called ... he sat the brevet entry exams for the upper classes of the Lycée, but failed. Unlike several of his friends, he could not ... Sâr rented a house in the Boeng Keng Kang area of Phnom Penh. Although not qualified to teach at a state school, he ... There were exceptions, such as parts of the North-West Zone and western areas of Kompong Chhnang, where starvation did occur in ...
Magpies prefer tall trees for their bulky nest, firmly attaching them to a central fork in the upper branches. A framework of ... The preferred habit is open countryside with scattered trees and magpies are normally absent from treeless areas and dense ...
... different dialects use more Persian and Arabic vocabulary especially in different areas of Bangladesh and Muslim majority areas ... The inventory is set out below in the International Phonetic Alphabet (upper grapheme in each box) and romanization (lower ... uses upper case alphabets suited for ASCII keyboards), and the National Library at Kolkata romanization. ... There are no distinct upper and lower case letter forms. The letters run from left to right and spaces are used to separate ...
Group 3 element
The main mining areas are China, United States, Brazil, India, Sri Lanka and Australia. Pure lutetium metal is one of the ... Mendeleev made several predictions on the upper neighbor of yttrium, which he called eka-boron. Swedish chemist Lars Fredrik ... choice of lutetium would be in accordance with the trend for period 6 transition metals to behave more similarly to their upper ...
Large surface area provides a large area for capture of sunlight.. *In harmful levels of sunlight, specialized leaves, opaque ... The upper (adaxial) angle between a leaf and a stem is known as the axil of the leaf. It is often the location of a bud. ... The epidermis, which covers the upper and lower surfaces. *The mesophyll tissue inside the leaf, which is rich in chloroplasts ... An upper palisade layer of vertically elongated cells, one to two cells thick, directly beneath the adaxial epidermis, with ...
... in which writers tried to write in a way that was understood in the largest area. Until about 1800, Standard German was almost ... allowing areas with dialects of very limited mutual comprehensibility to participate in the same cultural sphere. Currently, ... and for communication between different dialect areas. It is a pluricentric Dachsprache with three codified (or "standardized ... Upper German. *Alemannic *Low Alemannic *Alsatian. *Coloniero. *High Alemannic *Swiss German. *Highest Alemannic *Walser German ...
During the Middle and Upper Paleolithic, humans greatly expanded their area of settlement, reaching ecosystems as diverse as ... During the Upper Paleolithic, further inventions were made, such as the net c. 22,000 or c. 29,000 BP) bolas, the spear ... Upper Paleolithic (and possibly Middle Paleolithic) humans used flute-like bone pipes as musical instruments, and ... half-animal images in the Upper Paleolithic may further indicate that Upper Paleolithic humans were the first people to believe ...
University of Bergen
... which has resulted in the campus area often being referred to as Nygårdshøyden or simply høyden, meaning "the hill". ... University of Rennes 2 - Upper Brittany. *University of Rouen. *University of Southern Denmark ...
After an inflamed nodular acne lesion resolves, it is common for the skin to darken in that area, which is known as ... upper part of the chest, and back. The resulting appearance can lead to anxiety, reduced self-esteem, and, in extreme cases ... Light therapy is a treatment method that involves delivering certain specific wavelengths of light to an area of skin affected ... the entire upper layers of the skin are vaporized. Ablative lasers are associated with higher rates of adverse effects ...
Webster (village), New York
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.7 km²).None of the area is ... also had several functions providing retail space on the ground floor and offices or residential apartments on the upper floors ... The construction of Route 104 also contributed greatly to the area's growth as access to the metropolitan area was vastly ... The downtown area is still attractive and vibrant. There is potential for new retail, residential, and office uses as evidenced ...
These areas of pseudomembrane are sometimes described as "curdled milk", or "cottage cheese". The white material is made up of ... This term refers to a mild inflammation and erythema of the mucosa beneath a denture, usually an upper denture in elderly ... The area is depapillated, reddened (or red and white) and rarely painful. There is frequently Candida species in the lesion, ... This is an uncommon form of chronic (more than one month in duration) candidal infection involving multiple areas in the mouth ...
Voiced alveolar fricative
Upper Sorbian. koza. [ˈkoz̪ä]. 'goat'. See Upper Sorbian phonology ... Apical. Present in many areas north of the La Spezia-Rimini Line. See Italian phonology ... which means it is articulated with the tongue blade very close to the upper front teeth, with the tongue tip resting behind ...
The Yoyogi National Gymnasium is situated in an open area in Yoyogi Park on an adjacent axis to the Meiji Shrine. The gymnasium ... The newspaper printing machinery was on the ground floor, sealed studios on the upper floors and offices on glass walled floors ... When it was constructed it was situated on the edge of the old town centre connecting it with the newer areas of the town. ... an area adorned with fountains, benches, greenery and a church. The Centro Direzionale is home to the tallest building in ...
Matador (Danish TV series)
Among the conservative upper class in town he is an odd figure because of his political sympathies for the Radikale Venstre. He ... because the family hasn't moved away from the area in 200 years or so, according to Laura). Is deaf (at times), greedy and ... Despite loving to work, Mads insists she tends the house in the style of a proper upper class wife. Personality: Kind, loving, ... Although she is a wealthy member of the upper class, she primarily uses men to pay for her expensive lifestyle. Quoting Ernst ...
1983a Author found no strong evidence that Indians purposely burned large areas, but they did burn small areas near their ... As the 18th century progressed, many surviving Lenape moved west-into the (relatively empty)[d] upper Ohio River basin. ... New England and New York Areas 1580-1800. Notes that the Lenni Lenape (Delaware) tribe in New Jersey and the Massachuset tribe ... Dutch settler David de Vries, who stayed in the area from 1634 to 1644, described a Lenape hunt in the valley of the Achinigeu- ...
Columbi, Carina E. (2008-10-05). Stable isotope analysis of fossil plants from the Upper Triassic Ischigualasto Formation in ... The areas around these pits are swollen and porous, suggesting the wounds were afflicted by a short-lived non-lethal infection ... The upper arm and forearm were rather short, while the manus (hand) was elongated. The first two fingers and the thumb ended in ... Hollocher, K.T.; Alcober, O.A.; Colombi, C.E.; Hollocher, T.C. (2005). "Carnivore coprolites from the Upper Triassic ...
Passerine - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Many of these birds are found in tropical areas. The sub-order Passeri has the most bird species. They are also known as the ... maybe around the Upper Palaeocene some 60-55 mya. ...
A large portion of these tornadoes form in an area of the central United States known as Tornado Alley. This area extends ... especially when backsheared against strong upper level winds), and a corkscrew look or striations. Under the storm and closer ... As a general rule, no area is safe from tornadoes, though some areas are more susceptible than others. ... The result is a gustnado. They usually cause small areas of heavier rotational wind damage among areas of straight-line ...
List of rivers of Virginia
Upper Chippokes Creek. *Upper Machodoc Creek. *Walker Creek. *Wallen Creek. *Wards Creek ... Insular areas. *American Samoa. *Guam. *Northern Mariana Islands. *Puerto Rico *U.S. Virgin Islands ...
Upper memory area - Wikipedia
Upper memory blocks can be created by mapping extended memory into the upper memory area when running in virtual 8086 mode. ... This usage of the upper memory area is different from using upper memory blocks, which was used to free conventional memory by ... These areas were referred to as upper memory blocks (UMBs). The next stage in the evolution of DOS was for the operating system ... In DOS memory management, the upper memory area (UMA) refers to memory between the addresses of 640 KB and 1024 KB (0xA0000- ...
Upper Silesian metropolitan area - Wikipedia
Rhine-Ruhr Katowice urban area, part of the Upper Silesian metropolitan area Upper Silesian Industrial Region Silesian ... The Upper Silesian metropolitan area is a metropolitan area in southern Poland and northeast Czech Republic, centered on the ... This area contains the following FUAs: Katowice FUA: 3,029,000 (see also Katowice urban area); within Upper Silesian Industrial ... The Polycentric metropolitan area lies within the Upper Silesian Coal Basin. Silesian metropolitan area (5.3 million people) ...
Upper Naknek River | Audubon Important Bird Areas
The river is a corridor, and in some locations spawning area, for anadromous fish. Habitat in the Upper Naknek River includes ... The busy King Salmon airport is adjacent to this area and aircraft fly over the area. At least one private float plane is ... Increased development and human use of the area poses the greatest threats to birds. The area already experiences moderate use ... The Coastal Zone Management Plan for this area gives this area a special designation of Recreational Use. ...
Pian in upper right area | DailyStrength
Fatty Upper Pelvis Area (FUPA) Treatment | The Doctors TV Show
Gary Alter describes how a combination of liposuction and a pelvic lift can correct a fatty upper pelvis area (FUPA). ... Fatty Upper Pelvis Area (FUPA) Treatment on 4:00 AM PDT, September 29, 2010 ... Gary Alter describes how a combination of liposuction and a pelvic lift can correct a fatty upper pelvis area (FUPA). ...
Very upper chest area - AnabolicMinds.com
Very upper chest area Any suggestions on how to build the very top part of my chest, around my collar bone/neck? It doesnt ... but only do the bottom 1/4-1/3 of the press motion to keep the stress on that area.. how wide you go depends on your body, when ... that way the hands sink even lower past the chest and really stretch that area. then push back up like a press rotate wrist to ... How is the very upper chest all the way to shoulders obtained?. By John Smeton in forum Training Forum ...
5 US Areas With the Largest Upper Class
The metro area has the highest share of upper-class residents in the country, according to a Pew... Money News Summaries. , ... The metro area has the highest share of upper-class residents in the country, according to a Pew Research report, which found ... the share of upper-income adults increased in 75% of US metro areas studied from 2000 to 2014, per Business Insider. Pew ...
Pain in legs, upper thigh area? | Mom Answers | BabyCenter
Rock Climbing Routes in Upper Area (west side), Fossil Falls | Rockclimbing.com
Find climbing areas and routes in Upper Area (west side) and discover photos, user reviews, and detailed route info like ... Upper Area (west side) Click on "Routes" to subscribe to a RSS feed of all new routes added to this category. Click on "Ascents ... Routes : North America : United States : California : Bishop and Eastern Sierra : Fossil Falls : Upper Area (west side) ...
How can you get quick relief from pain radiating from your upper rib area? | Reference.com
An individual can get quick relief from pain radiating from the upper rib area by taking anti-inflammatory medications or ... An individual can get quick relief from pain radiating from the upper rib area by taking anti-inflammatory medications or ... How can you get quick relief from pain radiating from your upper rib area?. ... A: The benefits of myofascial trigger point therapy include pain relief both in the targeted area and in areas the treatment ...
numbness in left hand arm and upper chest area - Multiple Sclerosis Message Board - HealthBoards
Re: numbness in left hand arm and upper chest area Due to your smoking, if I was in a similar situation, I would seek a check ... numbness in left hand arm and upper chest area I gave up smoking 6 years ago using the Nicoderm Patch...its possible I ... HealthBoards , Brain & Nerves , Multiple Sclerosis > numbness in left hand arm and upper chest area ... including the palm wrist arm all the way to my shoulder and half of my upper chest area on the left side of my body, ( where my ...
What would be the cause of upper back pain thorasic area - Bones & Joints Question
pain in upper thigh and groin area female Archives - Inspirationfeed
Inspirationfeed is a digital magazine covering everything from quotes, net worth, self-development, entrepreneurship, business, technology, and creativity. Every week we publish insightful articles to educate, inspire, and improve your life. Welcome to our community, we are so grateful to have you here with us ...
Instant Anatomy - Upper Limb - Areas/Organs - Hand - Lumbricals
Upper Thumb area mens senior softball league now forming - Huron Daily Tribune
Upper Thumb area mens senior softball league now forming. Published 8:00 pm, Monday, March 26, 2007 ... www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/Upper-Thumb-area-mens-senior-softball-league-now-7308998.php ... UPPER THUMB Plans are in the works for a mens senior softball league for the upcoming season. ... Tentative plans are to play games in the Port Austin area, but details are not complete at this time. ...
fossil falls upper east side 5.11 - Fossil Falls, Upper Area (east side) | Rock Climbing Photos | Rockclimbing.com
Week Three - Subject Area Guest (Upper Grades ELA) - Teaching Blended and Online in the Content Areas | Coursera
Trial Comparing Two Protocols of re Irradiation in an Irradiated Area for Carcinoma of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract - Full...
Recurrent or second upper aerodigestive tract carcinoma in an area previously irradiated at a dose of ,= 50 Gy ... Trial Comparing Two Protocols of re Irradiation in an Irradiated Area for Carcinoma of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract (JANORL2) ... upper aerodigestive tract carcinoma. re irradiation. Recurrent or second upper aerodigestive tract carcinoma. ... Evaluating the Acute Toxicity of Two Protocols of Reirradiation After Surgery in an Irradiated Area for Carcinoma of the Upper ...
Dark areas on the cheek and Upper abdominal blister - Symptom Checker - check medical symptoms at RightDiagnosis
List of causes of Dark areas on the cheek and Upper abdominal blister, alternative diagnoses, rare causes, misdiagnoses, ... Dark areas on the cheek OR Upper abdominal blister - Causes of Any Symptom Dark areas on the cheek:*Causes: Dark areas on the ... Dark areas on the cheek: Add a 3rd symptom *Dark areas on the cheek: Remove a symptom Upper abdominal blister:*Causes: Upper ... Dark areas on the cheek and Upper abdominal blister. *Dark areas on the cheek AND Upper abdominal blister - Causes of All ...
Dark areas on the cheek and Upper arm itch - Symptom Checker - check medical symptoms at RightDiagnosis
List of causes of Dark areas on the cheek and Upper arm itch, alternative diagnoses, rare causes, misdiagnoses, patient stories ... Dark areas on the cheek: Remove a symptom Upper arm itch:*Causes: Upper arm itch *Introduction: Upper arm itch *Upper arm itch ... Dark areas on the cheek and Upper arm itch. *Dark areas on the cheek AND Upper arm itch - Causes of All Symptoms *Dark areas on ... Dark areas on the cheek:*Causes: Dark areas on the cheek *Introduction: Dark areas on the cheek *Dark areas on the cheek: Add a ...
KGS--Bull. 211, Pt. 1--Pleistocene Drainage Reversal in the Upper Tuttle Creek Reservoir Area of Kansas
Pleistocene Drainage Reversal in the Upper Tuttle Creek Reservoir Area of Kansas. by J. R. Chelikowsky. Originally published in ... Upper Tuttle Creek Reservoir). It was assumed that the constricted areas represent abrupt changes in stream gradients and that ... and that the stream flowing northward off the Randolph divide in the area that is now the Upper Tuttle Creek Reservoir (see ... because in this area glacio-fluvial terrace deposits occur (Lill, 1946). Farther upstream, in the area of section A-A, non- ...
Upper Canada College | Joint production of Agamemnon impresses in all areas
alert network: Recreational use advisory issued for Moore Park and the surrounding area on Upper Klamath Lake - Klamath Tribes...
alert network: Recreational use advisory issued for Moore Park and the surrounding area on Upper Klamath Lake. September 16, ... Recreational use advisory issued for Moore Park and the surrounding area on Upper Klamath Lake Sept. 16. The Oregon Health ... alert network: Recreational use advisory issued for Moore Park and the surrounding area on Upper Klamath Lake. ... alert network: Recreational use advisory issued for Moore Park and the surrounding area on Upper Klamath Lake ...
Lesioned behavior in the upper thoracic area of the established hypertensive: a clinical survey of 1,000 patients | The Journal...
Lesioned behavior in the upper thoracic area of the established hypertensive: a clinical survey of 1,000 patients. The Journal ... Lesioned behavior in the upper thoracic area of the established hypertensive: a clinical survey of 1,000 patients. J Am ... Lesioned behavior in the upper thoracic area of the established hypertensive: a clinical survey of 1,000 patients ... Lesioned behavior in the upper thoracic area of the established hypertensive: a clinical survey of 1,000 patients ...
Fluoride Action Network | Groundwater fluoride contamination and probabilistic health risk assessment in fluoride endemic...
Groundwater fluoride contamination and probabilistic health risk assessment in fluoride endemic areas of the Upper East Region ... in all the study areas signifying potential health risk to this age group. Additionally, when the upper 95th percentile is used ... Groundwater fluoride contamination and probabilistic health risk assessment in fluoride endemic areas of the Upper East Region ... the extent of fluoride contamination and the related human health risk to the communities in the fluoride endemic areas are not ...
Slight pain upper stomach area (live0, NO VOMTING OR NAUSEA N0N DRINKER, DIABETIC MEDICATION, AND BLOOD PERSSURE
... - Answered by ... Slight pain upper stomach area (live0. Doctors Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or ... The pain or discomfort is in the upper area of my stomach (solar … read more ... I have swollen upper stomach, feel bloated and my face is now very red and hot, although I have no temperature.… read more ...
Area: Freshwater Creek-Ryan Slough, Topic: Temperature: Floating Weekly Av Little FW, Upper FW & McReady Gl. 1999; -- KRIS...
Source areas of salinity and trends of salt loads in streamflow in the upper Colorado River, Texas
... were made from February 1975 to March 1978 to delineate areas of saline inflows. These studies showed generally that ground ... Source areas of salinity and trends of salt loads in streamflow in the upper Colorado River, Texas. Water Supply Paper 2084. By ... Source areas of salinity and trends of salt loads in streamflow in the upper Colorado River, Texas. Series title:. Water Supply ... Upper Colorado River. Online Only (Y/N):. N. Additional Online Files (Y/N):. N. Part or all of this report is presented in ...
Composition of the seed bank in drawdown areas of navigation pool 8 of the upper Mississippi river
To quantify the availability of seed, we assessed the potential seed bank of selected areas of Navigation Pool 8 of the UMR ... resource managers considered water level reduction as a management tool to increase the area of emergent and submersed aquatic ... In an effort to enhance aquatic plant production and habitat diversity on the Upper Mississippi River (UMR), ... Composition of the seed bank in drawdown areas of navigation pool 8 of the upper Mississippi river. Series title:. River ...
Depositional environments and stratigraphy of the Upper Cambrian-lower Ordovician Santa Rosita formation at the Alfarcito area,...
Depositional environments and stratigraphy of the Upper Cambrian-lower Ordovician Santa Rosita formation at the Alfarcito area ... 1) The Upper Cambrian-Tremadocian succession at the Alfarcito area is placed in the Santa Rosita Formation. This formation is ... Abstract: The Upper Cambrian-Tremadocian rocks exposed in the Alfarcito area of Cordillera Oriental, northwest Argentina reveal ... Upper Cambrian-Tremadocian strata exposed in the Quebrada de Humahuaca region and adjacent areas illustrate some of these ...
MarlboroCervical cord areaBasinTolerable Upper Intake LevelAbdomenPelvis areaEndoscopyChestAirwayStomach areaThigh areaSmall intestineMusclesSwollen areaThighsPainNumbness2000SearchElevationSymptomCageBack19921999OrgansGallbladderPainful areaGastrointestinalBumpsShoulderTractDrainageTributariesLeftWaterfallCottageCurveJointConsistsWest sidePatientsMetroFlowsExamineHabitatResidentsBodyFindSignificantly
- Cox Trailer Sales, Inc., an Upper Marlboro, Maryland based retailer with more than 45 years of experience and over 250 new and used trailers in stock. (coxtrailersalesinc.com)
- Here's a look at some Health & Wellness Meetups happening near Upper Marlboro. (meetup.com)
- Showing Results 1-10 of 298 within 50 miles of Upper Marlboro. (dvidshub.net)
- The Law Offices of A. Stafford Hearns, LLC serves individuals and families in the cities of Upper Marlboro and Baltimore and throughout the state of Maryland. (nolo.com)
Cervical cord area5
- Upper cervical cord area in early relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: Cross-sectional study of factors influencing cord size. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- PURPOSE: To determine whether the upper cervical cord area (UCCA) is influenced by disease effect in early relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS), using statistical modeling to account for potential covariates. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- The most commonly used method, mean upper cervical cord area, is relatively easy to measure and can be performed on brain MRIs that capture cervical myelon. (ajnr.org)
- Mean upper cervical cord area, cervical cord volume, and total cord volume were measured using 3T MRIs from healthy subjects ( n = 19) and patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders ( n = 30). (ajnr.org)
- All 3 measures showed similar receiver operating characteristic-area under the curve values (mean upper cervical cord area = 0.70, cervical cord volume = 0.75, total cord volume = 0.77) with no significant difference between them. (ajnr.org)
- The Polycentric metropolitan area lies within the Upper Silesian Coal Basin. (wikipedia.org)
- In the central North Sea Basin hydrocarbon-bearing chalks are deeply buried (2-3 km) whereas chalks in the rim areas are cropping out in the surrounding countries. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- Chalk deposition of north-western Europe was controlled by the Late Cretaceous sea-level highstand ( Figure 1 ) together with the regional subsidence of the entire North Sea area basin. (searchanddiscovery.com)
- The DOI Unified Region 7: Upper Colorado Basin includes Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. (usgs.gov)
- USGS Science Centers in Region 7-Upper Colorado Basin conduct a large number of cooperative and collaborative projects with other agencies and partners. (usgs.gov)
- 32-42° north), with a total basin area of 752,000 km2 (290,000 mi2), larger than Texas or France . (chinahighlights.com)
- Sol Duc River/High Divide/7 Lakes Basin Loop including all camps adjacent to and enclosed by the Deer Lake Trail, High Divide Trail, and Sol Duc River Trail (High Divide Loop), and adjacent camps along the Mink Lake Trail, East High Divide Trail, and Cat Basin area. (nps.gov)
Tolerable Upper Intake Level2
- Tolerable Upper Intake Level of EPA, DHA a. (europa.eu)
- Following a request from the European Commission, the Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies was asked to deliver a scientific opinion on the Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) of the n-3 LCPUFAs eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and docosapentaenoic acid (DPA). (europa.eu)
- Board-certified plastic surgeon and urologist Dr. Gary Alter describes how a combination of liposuction and a pelvic lift can correct a fatty upper pelvis area (FUPA). (thedoctorstv.com)
- Women that develop varicose veins in the pelvis area suffer from a condition called pelvic congestion syndrome. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Also called an EGD or gastroscopy, an upper endoscopy uses a thin scope with a light and camera at its tip, called an endoscope, to look inside the upper digestive system of the esophagus, stomach and the first part of the small intestine. (bahewebster.com)
- An upper endoscopy can help determine causes for heartburn, the presence of hiatal hernias, the cause of abdominal pain, unexplained anemia, and the cause of swallowing difficulties, upper GI bleeding, and the presence of tumors or ulcers. (bahewebster.com)
- He is a top match for upper endoscopy and 5 other procedures. (amino.com)
- He is a top match for upper endoscopy and abdominal surgery. (amino.com)
- He is a top match for upper endoscopy and colon cancer screening. (amino.com)
- During upper endoscopy, your doctor examines the lining of the upper part of your gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach and duodenum (the first portion of the small intestine). (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- What is upper endoscopy? (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Why is upper endoscopy done? (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Upper endoscopy helps your doctor evaluate symptoms of upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing. (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Your doctor might use upper endoscopy to obtain a biopsy (small tissue samples). (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Your doctor might also use upper endoscopy to perform a cytology test, where he or she will introduce a small brush to collect cells for analysis. (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Upper endoscopy is also used to treat conditions of the upper gastrointestinal tract. (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- Upper endoscopy enables the doctor to view the lining of the upper gastrointestinal tract including the esophagus, shown here in two views. (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- What happens during upper endoscopy? (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- that way the hands sink even lower past the chest and really stretch that area. (anabolicminds.com)
- How is the very upper chest all the way to shoulders obtained? (anabolicminds.com)
- Upper Chest near Neck. (anabolicminds.com)
- Chest 2x a week to improve upper chest? (anabolicminds.com)
- sometimes just my right hip, currently the partial numbness feeling is resting in all 5 fingers on my left hand, including the palm wrist arm all the way to my shoulder and half of my upper chest area on the left side of my body, ( where my heart is ) has the partial numbness feeling. (healthboards.com)
- The standard military style push up works the entire chest area, the shoulders and the tricep muscles, according to BodyBuilding.com. (reference.com)
- This study aimed to compare the results of a software calculation method (SCM) and the mathematical calculation method (MCM) in measuring the cross-sectional area (CSA) at four different upper airway segments. (cureus.com)
- The cross-sectional area (CSA) is calculated mathematically from the APD and TD, assuming that the upper airway segments take an oval configuration [8-9] . (cureus.com)
- The latter method has not been used previously for measuring the different upper airway segments. (cureus.com)
- We hypothesized that the SCM and MCM must show significant differences while measuring the CSA of upper airway segments. (cureus.com)
- Thus, the aim of this study was to compare the results of both SCM and MCM in the CSA measurement of four different upper airway segments and to evaluate the demographic factors that could potentially affect the outcomes of such a comparison. (cureus.com)
- Intermolar and intercanine widths and palatal volumes were calculated on the dental casts, and the upper airway area measurements were performed on lateral cephalograms. (allenpress.com)
- 1 , 2 OSA is characterized by the repetitive collapse and reopening of the upper airway during sleep, impairing oxygenation and resulting in intermittent hypoxemia and hypercapnia. (allenpress.com)
- 8 Craniofacial characteristics associated with OSA include maxillo-mandibular skeletal morphology, cranial base, hyoid position, tongue volume, head position, and upper airway soft tissue size. (allenpress.com)
- The aim of this study is to investigate if a difference between the palatal morphologies of OSA and control patients and evaluate if a correlation exists among the palatal volume and upper airway morphology. (allenpress.com)
- Fiber deposition in human upper airway model. (cdc.gov)
- The plastic surgeon removes the extra skin and tightens the muscles to make the entire stomach area look better and tighter. (clevelandclinic.org)
- The lining of the esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine is examined, and biopsies can be performed at the same time. (bahewebster.com)
- These muscles are present in the upper thigh region, and they pull the legs together upon contraction. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Pain in the upper thigh can be difficult to diagnose because this area of the body contains many muscles, tendons, and ligaments. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Because of a large number of muscles in the upper thigh, pain in this area is often due to a muscle injury. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Training the muscles of the upper body improves posture and changes your body's proportions, which helps to improve your body's appearance. (reference.com)
- Thanks, I have what feels like a swollen area of my upper left rib cage just to the left of my breast. (justanswer.com)
- Injuries in other areas of the body can cause pain to spread to the upper thighs. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- If a person feels pain in nearby areas, such as in the hips or knees, this could also be the reason why their thighs hurt. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Leg pain often occurs just above the knees and on the back of the upper thighs. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Outer side of upper thighs. (medlineplus.gov)
- How can you get quick relief from pain radiating from your upper rib area? (reference.com)
- An individual can get quick relief from pain radiating from the upper rib area by taking anti-inflammatory medications or getting injections of local anesthetics and steroids, states WebMD. (reference.com)
- Radiating upper rib pain can be caused by costochondritis, a condition where the cartilage that holds the top ribs to the sternum becomes inflamed, explains WebMD. (reference.com)
- Pain radiating from the upper ribs can also be caused by trauma to the ribs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, a rib infection, asthma or bronchitis, states Healthgrades. (reference.com)
- The benefits of myofascial trigger point therapy include pain relief both in the targeted area and in areas the treatment does not target, and some patient. (reference.com)
- Slight pain upper stomach. (justanswer.com)
- My son has been home all week with an upper/center stomach pain and nausea. (justanswer.com)
- Have pain upper right side of stomach. (justanswer.com)
- Application of pressure to the lumbar area to inhibit lumbar pain reduced the need for major narcotic pain medication and minor tranquilizing medication. (icpa4kids.org)
- Ominous pain in lower and mid to upper rectum area. (ourhealth.com)
- The pain is now pretty constant, in the lower right and sometimes upper right rectal area. (ourhealth.com)
- aching pain in left inside upper thigh and groin area. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- A 41-year-old male asked: i have been having a pain in my upper back thigh and groin for a few days, but it appears that when i have a bowel movement, the pain goes away. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Although testicle pain and groin pain are different, a testicle condition can sometimes cause pain that spreads to the groin area. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Gently pressing on each area and observing the patient's pain response should be able to help find where the bursitis is located. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- In some cases, the pain begins in a different area and radiates to the groin and hip. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Pain in the groin area that gradually radiates to the buttocks. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Pain in the groin area arises from conditions affecting a variety of organs, including musculoskeletal pain or pain related to the male reproductive organs. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- Why do I have pain in my upper thigh? (medicalnewstoday.com)
- In this article, we examine some common causes of pain in the upper thigh, along with any symptoms that may occur alongside. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Upper thigh pain can be caused by muscle injuries, nerve problems, and a few other conditions. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Eventually, the pain may occur even when a person rests the injured area. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- People who have upper thigh pain due to a sedentary lifestyle may also feel pain throughout their body. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- People may also experience pain from nerves in the upper thigh. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- A person may experience this pain as burning or shooting, and the condition can cause periodic numbness in the upper thigh and hips. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- This pain is often throbbing and occurs in a single area. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Numerous chronic conditions can cause pain in the upper thigh. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Rarely, pain in the upper thigh can be due to a blood clot in a blood vessel. (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Persistent Cough And Upper Back Pain - British Lung Foun. (yanginalarmsistemleri.net)
- What's Causing Your Upper Back Pain? (yanginalarmsistemleri.net)
- Infections such as herpes zoster or a subphrenic abscess can also lead to pain in the right upper quadrant. (doctorslounge.com)
- Left upper quadrant pain is commonly associated with colonic diseases or splenic diseases. (doctorslounge.com)
- Colon obstruction secondary to colon cancer, diverticulitis, and ureterolithiasis are common causes of pain in this area. (doctorslounge.com)
- You are experiencing leg weakness, loss of control over urination or defecation, or numbness in your groin area: These signs indicate a serious problem with your spinal cord. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- The metro area has the highest share of upper-class residents in the country, according to a Pew Research report, which found the share of upper-income adults increased in 75% of US metro areas studied from 2000 to 2014, per Business Insider . (newser.com)
- To quantify the availability of seed, we assessed the potential seed bank of selected areas of Navigation Pool 8 of the UMR from substrate samples collected in spring 2000. (usgs.gov)
- To find Ideal Protein centers in your area, use the Clinic Locator search tool and interactive Google maps tool on the official Ideal Protein website. (reference.com)
- All other areas where food cannot be hung at least 12 feet high and 10 feet out from the nearest tree trunk, including the Bailey Range and other high elevation areas where trees are not suitable for hanging food. (nps.gov)
- Three-dimensional maxillary dental cast measurements from 25 OSA patients (6 women, 19 men) with a mean age of 41.5 (4.8) years, and 25 control group participants (14 women, 11 men) without any symptom of OSA with a mean age of 38.3 (3.7) were correlated with an analysis of pharyngeal area evaluated with lateral cephalograms. (allenpress.com)
- I have developed a rash on my upper rib cage area. (drugs.com)
- I am a type 2 diabetic with 5 days of slight nausea, loss of appetite and upper left abdominal discomfort with some radiation to back, what is most likely cause? (justanswer.com)
- I fell and landed on my upper back about 5 days ago. (healthcaremagic.com)
- Can fissures occur further back in the rectum, or is it only in the lower rectal area that they occur? (ourhealth.com)
- sometimes radiates to left lower back area. (edmontonwebcompany.com)
- My dog keeps biting and licking her back area, dashing about at times and moaning, what could this be? (vetinfo.com)
- The Naknek River experiences peak waterfowl concentrations in colder years when open water appears to be less available in other areas, including peak counts of 9,200 Northern Pintails (Cook 1992), 1,750 Greater White-fronted Geese (Lapinski and Williamson 2005), 1,885 Common Mergansers (MacGowan 1994), and 2,640 Tundra Swans (Savage and Murray 2007). (audubon.org)
- The Ohio Important Bird Areas Program began in 1999, with a gathering of bird conservation stakeholders critiquing the IBA concept and establishing the first cut of potential IBAs in the state. (audubon.org)
- Fish caught from areas where cyanobacterial blooms are present should have fat, skin and organs removed before cooking or freezing, as toxins are more likely to collect in these tissues. (klamathtribes.org)
- Hi, I made a few videos last week talking about my experiences with the Upper Endoscopys and my Gallbladder surgery. (medhelp.org)
- Another home remedy is to apply alternating ice and heat to the painful area. (reference.com)
- The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between prior Anisakis infections and upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB), and its interaction with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) intake. (plos.org)
- In acute anisakiasis, mucosal lesions generated by the larvae may provoke upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB). (plos.org)
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB) is a relatively frequent and potentially lethal multicausal medical emergency  . (plos.org)
- It's the best test for finding the cause of bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal tract. (foresthillsgastroenterology.com)
- after that wax my face was extremely red for a few days and i developed some red rashes and bumps on the areas that were waxed. (healthcaremagic.com)
- Dr. Rytel has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. (healthgrades.com)
- Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy. (healthgrades.com)
- Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists. (healthgrades.com)
- This reduced the Ruby Mines district to the area of the present Mogok township and the tract between it and the river. (ablmembersarea.com)
- A study of stream valley cross sections and longitudinal profiles indicates that the pre-Kansan drainage in the Upper Tuttle Creek Reservoir area was northward, from the Randolph Divide along a course now occupied by the Black Vermillion River, into an east-flowing pre-Kansan tributary of the hypothetical preglacial Grand River. (ku.edu)
- The upper reaches of the Yellow River have a total length of 3,472 kilometers (2,157 miles) and total drainage area of 428,000 km2 (165,000 mi2), bigger than California. (chinahighlights.com)
- It is my left foot upper slightly down toward the arch but on top. (ourhealth.com)
- Upper Causeway picnic spot offers a lovely rustic base for walking and cycling in the forest along Lady Wakehurst Drive in Royal National Park, near Waterfall. (nsw.gov.au)
- You'll find Upper Causeway picnic area at the junction of McKell Avenue and Lake Wakehurst Drive in the southern precinct of Royal National Park, near Waterfall. (nsw.gov.au)
- Upper Causeway picnic area is in the Waterfall precinct of Royal National Park. (nsw.gov.au)
- This is a 6 + 1 bedroom, sleeps 12-14 guests, 4 Season Cottage located in a Highly sought after cottage area on Lake Upper Chemong, on ¾ Acre of Prime Waterfront. (vrbo.com)
- This segment of the Delaware flows through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area and cuts an 'S' curve through Kittatinny Ridge. (nps.gov)
- Upper Nyack is also home to the Empire Hook and Ladder Company No. 1, established in 1863, one of eight fire companies in the Nyack Joint Fire District. (wikipedia.org)
- The area consists of several Functional Urban Areas (FUA), each of which is defined as a core Morphological Urban Area (MUA) based on population density plus the surrounding labour pool, i.e. a metropolitan area. (wikipedia.org)
- The Casa Colorada Member reflects a basinwide Late Cambrian transgression and subsequent progradation and consists of lower to upper offshore deposits. (scielo.org.ar)
- The lower interval of this member consists of lower offshore to offshore-transition deposits, while the upper part is made up of shelf to lower offshore deposits. (scielo.org.ar)
- The restriction consists of a contraction followed by a sudden expansion in flow area. (mathworks.com)
- West of Strawberry Fields, Arte Cafe located in a landmark brownstone, celebrating 22 years of serving the Upper West Side. (opentable.com)
- Patients will be randomised after surgery, provided surgery is macroscopically adequate, that there is a flap of tissue protecting the vascular axis and that wound healing allows reirradiation to begin less than 8 weeks after surgery.Reirradiation will begin in the two arms less than 8 weeks after surgery in the irradiated area. (clinicaltrials.gov)
- CONCLUSION: Atrophy of the upper cervical cord is not readily apparent in most patients early in the course of relapsing-remitting MS. In evaluations of disease-related changes in the UCCA in cross-sectional studies, TICV and gender should be considered as potentially confounding covariates. (lshtm.ac.uk)
- This study investigated spinal cord atrophy measures in a cohort of healthy subjects and patients with aquaporin-4 antibody seropositive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders and evaluated the discriminatory performance of mean upper cervical cord cross-sectional area compared with cervical cord volume and total cord volume. (ajnr.org)
- We plan to reach at least 14 million locations across at least 84 metro areas by mid-2019. (prnewswire.com)
- Big Creek flows into the Naknek in this upper section. (audubon.org)
- A series of seven studies of the quality and quantity of low flows in a 35.5-mile reach of the Colorado River upstream from Colorado City, Tex., were made from February 1975 to March 1978 to delineate areas of saline inflows. (usgs.gov)
- This is because it flows through dry areas of North China, which draw on it for agriculture, industrial, and municipal water needs. (chinahighlights.com)
- The source section flows mainly through remote pastures, swamps, lakes, and gorges between the source and its emergence into more populated areas at 1,600 meters (5,200 ft) above sea level around Lanzhou in Gansu Province. (chinahighlights.com)
- The final three essays examine race relations in the Upper Cumberland, a subject that was often not investigated in the previous volume. (jhu.edu)
- Habitat in the Upper Naknek River includes river, mudflats, and riparian corridor wetlands. (audubon.org)
- In an effort to enhance aquatic plant production and habitat diversity on the Upper Mississippi River (UMR), resource managers considered water level reduction as a management tool to increase the area of emergent and submersed aquatic vegetation by natural seed germination. (usgs.gov)
- The area once offered a variety of men's clubs to serve the affluent residents of the area. (businessinsider.com)
- how wide you go depends on your body, when you hit the motion right you will feel that area tremendously. (anabolicminds.com)
- Of all the places to age on the body, why does it have be the upper eyelid? (specialistcosmeticsurgery.com.au)
- How do I lose fat in my upper body? (reference.com)
- According to CNN and Women's Health Magazine, it is impossible to target one specific area of the body when attempting to lose fat. (reference.com)
- Instead of attempting to lose fat in the upper body, attempt to lose weight in general. (reference.com)
- Part of the reach upstream from Ira is proximate to oil fields, the production and open-pit disposal of oilfield brines in the area increased significantly in the early 1960's, but a ban on open-pit disposal was enacted in 1969. (usgs.gov)