A new cytotoxic 19-nor-cardenolide from the latex of Antiaris toxicaria. (1/3)(+info)
Cardiac glycosides from Antiaris toxicaria with potent cardiotonic activity. (2/3)(+info)
Nitric oxide enhances desiccation tolerance of recalcitrant Antiaris toxicaria seeds via protein S-nitrosylation and carbonylation. (3/3)(+info)
Antiarin - Wikipedia
Antiarins are cardiac glycoside poisons produced by the upas tree (Antiaris toxicaria). There are two forms, α-antiarin and β-antiarin. β-Antiarin, a cardiac glycoside steroid, can be isolated from upas tree latex (Antiaris toxicaria). Its use ranges from medical use, such as hypertension treatment, to arrow poison application. It also proves to be more poisonous than curare, sporting a low LD50 of 0.1 mg/kg in most mammals. To date, β-antiarin has only been isolated from the upas tree by the scientist H. Kiliani in 1896; no synthetic synthesis has yet been achieved. Upon β-antiarin poisoning, when observed in animals such as frogs and small mammals, visible symptoms include muscle spasms - particularly of the head and neck - and excess defecation. Paralysis can also be presented before death. The primary physiological system affected is the cardiac muscle, though gastro-intestinal tissue has also been known to be severely affected by this type of poisoning. Convulsions and spasms are not ...
從清朝 日治時代直到現在３台灣的鳳梨品系一直都一樣嗎？當然不是囉（最早的鳳梨被稱為「在來種「３後來日治時代為了製作罐頭方便３從夏威夷引進了開英種４到了1980年以後３因為罐頭外銷敵不過競爭３台灣的鳳梨改為內銷且以鮮食為主３為了挽救鳳梨產業３農改場 農試所便培育出各種不同適合鮮食的鳳梨４包括不用削皮可以直接剝來吃的釋迦鳳梨（台農4號（３最適合在秋冬生產的冬蜜鳳梨（台農13號（３有特殊香氣的香水鳳梨（台農11號（３以及因為果肉乳白色被稱為牛奶鳳梨的台農20號等 ...
Leaves: 8 to 16, ensiform, distichous, erect, coriaceous, glaucous, closely ribbed, narrowed gradually to the point, finally up to 50 cm. long, 2,5 to 6 cm broad, hairy on the margin, not ciliated, often much undulated; peduncle stout, ancipitous, glaucous, 1/2-1 ft. long ...
Tropical herb found to prevent death of brain tissue after a stroke, study - NaturalNews.com
Natural News) Stroke is one of the few things that often appears on the short list of illnesses that doctors - as well as the media - often refer to as silent killers. It works quietly, in the background, and rather quickly after it starts, so one of the best strategies that you can employ to stand a chance against it is to simply prevent it from happening in the first place.. Indeed, as the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. But in case you find that its too late to prevent a stroke, new research suggests that you can now use plants that are rich in antioxidant phytochemicals for effective treatment. Researchers looked at one plant in particular, called Antiaris africana Engl. (Moraceae), in order to gather data on its anti-stroke potential.. The logic behind why exactly the researchers sought to determine the efficacy of a plant for the treatment and prevention of stroke is actually rather simple. In their papers introduction, they reason that many drugs ...
Feasibility studies of natural plants coagulants in the removal of selected water contaminants | International Journal of...
The greatest public health concern about water is directed to its ever increasing number of contaminants. Public distribution systems, though accessible only to a limited population, mainly make use of chemicals in the treatment processes. Such water treatment systems overlay burden on the developing nations financial resources. Moreover, reports states that such chemicals can cause severe health hazards. These points out the need for low-cost, replicable non-chemicals, which would be effective in the treatment of water contaminants. In the present study, treatment potentialities of vegetative parts of certain hydrophytic / mesophytic plants like Lagenandra toxicaria Dalz, Aloe barbedensis Mill., Canna indica. L and Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst, on Turbidity, Hardness, Iron and microbial count of contaminated water has been worked out.. Batch treatment has been followed and the performance evaluation of plants under varying concentration of plant materials and retention time has been worked out. ...
Kids find bodies of parents who overdosed
Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites.. ...
Moraceae - actd:BIOHC097
1), Antiaris(23), Artocarpus(1), Dorstenia(39), Ficus(329), Milicia(5), Morus(28), Musanga(17), Myrianthus(10), Treculia(11), Trilepisium(11).. ...
High Glucose Attenuates Protein S-Nitrosylation in Endothelial Cells | Diabetes
In the present study, we report for the first time, to our knowledge, that high glucose was able to attenuate the overall level of protein S-nitrosylation in primary human endothelial cells. We have identified at least seven proteins that were reduced by high glucose in their S-nitrosylation status as shown in Fig. 1 and Table 1. These decreased S-nitrosylated proteins can be classed as 1) cytoskeleton proteins (β-actin, paxillin, vimentin, and vinculin), 2) metabolic enzymes (eNOS and diacylglycerol kinase-α), 3) chaperone (GRP78), 4) signaling molecules (H-ras and ERK-1), and 5) transcription factor (NF-κB). It is noted that although the level of a vast majority of S-nitrosylated proteins was decreased, the extent of a number of them was actually either increased or unchanged under high-glucose conditions, suggesting a specific role for high glucose in the regulation of protein S-nitrosylation. Because S-nitrosylation has been implicated in the regulation of numerous protein activities ...
S-Nitrosylation Tools | Badrilla
Kit for S-nitrosylated proteins. Kit for protein S-nitrosylation. Highly Specific Mouse Monoclonal Antibody. Thoroughly Validated by Western Blotting and ELISA.
List of plants of Burkina Faso
Antiaris toxicaria Lesch. Anticharis senegalensis (Walp.) Bhandari Antidesma rufescens Tul. Antidesma venosum E.Mey. ex Tul. ...
... s are cardiac glycoside poisons produced by the upas tree (Antiaris toxicaria). There are two forms, α-antiarin and β- ... The glycosides of Antiaris toxicaria". Helvetica Chimica Acta. 38: 1364-96. doi:10.1002/hlca.19550380608. Zahorka, Herwig. " ... "Blowpipe dart poison in Borneo and the secret of its production: the latex of Antiaris toxicaria; the poison-making procedure; ... β-Antiarin, a cardiac glycoside steroid, can be isolated from upas tree latex (Antiaris toxicaria). Its use ranges from medical ...
1 sp.) Castillineae Clement & Weiblen 2009 Antiaris Lesch. (1 sp.) Castilla Cerv. (3 spp.) Helicostylis Trécul (7 spp.) Maquira ...
The larvae feed on Antiaris africana. "GlobIZ search". Global Information System on Pyraloidea. Retrieved 2014-07-15. Afro ...
It feeds on Albizia adianthifolia, Celtis zenkeri, Petersianthus macrocarpus, and Antiaris africana. Frea unifasciata var. ...
Georg Eberhard Rumphius
Among the many species described in the Herbarium was the upas tree (Antiaris toxicaria); the toxicity of the tree was ...
... a new cytotoxic 10β-hydroxy-19-nor-cardenolide from Antiaris toxicaria". Fitoterapia. 83 (4): 660-664. doi:10.1016/j.fitote. ...
Antiaris Antiaropsis Castilla Helicostylis Maquira Mesogyne Naucleopsis Perebea Poulsenia Pseudolmedia Sparattosyce Zerega, ...
The main plant sources for the poisons are members of the genera Antiaris, Strychnos and Strophanthus. Antiaris toxicaria for ...
Priscilla Kolibea Mante
Mante's doctorate research focused on the use of Antiaris toxicaria as an anticonvulsant, specifically in Ghana. During the ...
Although there is no obvious preference for tree type, they have often been observed in Antiaris toxicaria. They are prey for ...
Okomu National Park
Among the common trees are Kapok, Celtis zenkeri, Triplochiton scleroxylon, Antiaris africana, Pycnanthus angolensis and ...
The larvae possibly feed on Antiaris toxicaria, Ritchiea capparioides, Antiaris africana and Ficus species (including F. ...
They used thick short darts dipped in the concentrated sap of Antiaris toxicaria which could cause lethal cardiac arrest. ...
The poison is made from the concentrated sap of the Antiaris toxicaria tree (variously known as upas, apo, or ipoh). The sap ...
Eastern Guinean forests
Trees of the Togo Mountains forests include Milicia excelsa, Triplochiton scleroxylon, Antiaris toxicaria africana, Diospyros ...
The Orang Asli of Peninsular Malaysia use the concentrated sap of Antiaris toxicaria (Malay : ipoh) to coat the point of their ... In the Philippines, Borneo, and Sulawesi, the sumpit (or sumpitan) blowgun darts are typically coated in the sap of Antiaris ...
Kelatha Wildlife Sanctuary
Teak (Tectona grandis), Antiaris toxicaria, Mesua ferrea, Pygeum anomalum, Ficus oligodon, Diospyros discolor, Baccaurea ...
Ngezi Forest Reserve
Some plants found in the area are Odyendea zimmermanni, Uapaca guineensis, Antiaris toxicaria, Elaeis guineensis, Erythrophleum ...
... may refer to: Antiaris, plant known as Upas tree SS Upas, Irish ship sunk in 1915 This disambiguation page lists articles ...
The Mentawai people generally put poison on the tips of their arrows, using a mixture of omai (Antiaris toxicaria), lombok ( ...
Henarathgoda Botanical Garden
... which houses a collection of trees producing arrow poison from Africa and Malaya such as Antiaris toxicaria. Although the ...
Victoria Basin forest-savanna mosaic
Antiaris toxicaria), African ita (Celtis adolfi-friderici), white stinkwood (Celtis africana), bastard white stinkwood (Celtis ...
Convallaria majalis (Lily of the Valley): convallotoxin Antiaris toxicaria (upas tree): antiarin Strophanthus kombe ( ...
... the pöndrai which corresponds to Antiaris toxicaria. Another curare can be prepared from the sap of the Xylia (tröpeh) or the ...
Comoé National Park
Antiaris africana, Isoberlinia doka, Cola cordifolia, the nationally threatened Chlorophora excelsa and Blighia unijugata. In ...
History of poison
The ingredients for the creation of these poisons are mainly extracted from plants of the Antiaris, Strychnos and Strophanthus ... genera, and Antiaris toxicaria (a tree of the mulberry and breadfruit family), for example, is used in the Java island of ...
Kakum National Park
Terminalia superba Strombosia glaucescens Cola gigantea Mansonia altissima Celtis zenkeri Ricinodendron heudelotii Antiaris ...
The darts are made from the sago palm and tipped with poisonous latex of a tree (called the Tajem tree, Antiaris toxicaria) ...
Northern Indochina subtropical moist forests
Forests growing on limestone substrates have a distinct composition, with the trees Tetrameles nudiflora, Antiaris toxicaria, ...
Antiaris - Wikipedia
Antiaris toxicaria subsp. africana (Engl.) C.C.Berg Antiaris toxicaria subsp. humbertii (Leandri) C.C.Berg Antiaris toxicaria ... Antiaris macrophylla R.Br. and Antiaris welwitschii Engl.. In English it may be called bark cloth tree, antiaris, false iroko, ... Moraceae: The genus Antiaris Lesch. Planta Medica, 10: 143-151. Boer, E. & Sosef, M.S.M., 1998. Antiaris Lesch. In: Sosef, M.S. ... It is the only species currently recognized in the genus Antiaris. The genus Antiaris was at one time considered to consist of ...
IMSEAR at SEARO: Attenuation of KCN-induced Neurotoxicity by Solvent Fractions of Antiaris africana Leaf
Antiaris africana belongs to the family Moraceae, it is commonly called "False Iroko" tree and one of the medicinal plants used ... Antiaris africana. potassium cyanide. neuroprotective. oxidative stress. mitochondria. phytochemistry. Date de publication: avr ... Attenuation of KCN-induced Neurotoxicity by Solvent Fractions of Antiaris africana Leaf. ... Attenuation of KCN-induced Neurotoxicity by Solvent Fractions of Antiaris africana Leaf. European Journal of Medicinal Plants. ...
TAXA: Data on a specific chosen botanical species Antiaris africana .
Black Lips - Apocalypse Love - FIRE RECORDS
Medicinal Plants Cultivation and their Uses
ser.3:v.9=no.49-54 (1862) - The Annals and magazine of natural history - Biodiversity Heritage Library
Landsnails and Scenery in Malaysia - coa
KCCA | For a better City
African Journal of Agricultural Research - comparison of post-fire planted and natural dry semi-deciduous forest communities in...
Antiaris toxicaria. The greatest family importance values (FVI) for both sites were for Moraceae and Fabaceae, especially its ... Antiaris toxicaria. The greatest family importance values (FVI) for both sites were for Moraceae and Fabaceae, especially its ... and Antiaris toxicaria. The greatest family importance values (FVI) for both sites were for Moraceae and Fabaceae, especially ...
KCCA | For a better City
BirdLife Data Zone
Research | Maseno University - Fountain of excellence
bone cysts, aneurysmal
Unscramble patripassian | 321 words unscrambled from patripassian
Medicinal Plants name in Sanskrit - Starting with M - Medicinal Plants of India
African Evaluation Database
Keyword Mulberry family
Ghana Districts: A repository of all Local Assemblies in Ghana
Sack - definition of Sack - synonyms, pronunciation, spelling from Free Dictionary
Non scientific name details for aranjili - Medicinal Plant Names Services
KNApSAcK World - Medicinal Plant
Ilysanthes welwitschii Engl. - (id # 203738)
RaDaGa - Inlägg Facebook
Resource Library Search | Tropical Restoration Library
Resource Library Search | Tropical Restoration Library
The new American cyclopædia, ed. by G. Ripley and C.A. Dana - American cyclopaedia - Google Books
tion, calling eminent scholars from abroad to In the genus antiaris, to which belongs the occupy the principal chairs, and ... is the antiaris toricaria of Leschenault. It is sities and Academic Degrees (12mo., London, a lofty tree, with a beautiful ... and other mysare several species of antiaris, of which the tics of the 14th, 15th, and 16th centuries. long-leaved (A. ...
Lojing Highlands, Kelantan: Blowing Darts at an Aboriginal Senoi Village [SP] | EAZY Traveler
- Antiaris toxicaria is a tree in the mulberry and fig family, Moraceae. (wikipedia.org)
- Currently one species of Antiaris is formally accepted, namely Antiaris toxicaria, with about twenty synonyms recorded and rejected as invalid. (wikipedia.org)
- At present the accepted taxonomy is as follows: Antiaris toxicaria Lesch. (wikipedia.org)
- Antiaris toxicaria subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- C.C.Berg Antiaris toxicaria subsp. (wikipedia.org)
- madagascariensis (H.Perrier) C.C.Berg Antiaris toxicaria var. (wikipedia.org)
- unresolved) Antiaris toxicaria is monoecious. (wikipedia.org)
- The Indonesian Antiaris toxicaria flowers in June. (wikipedia.org)
- Antiaris toxicaria is a fairly small-scale source of timber and yields a lightweight hardwood with density of 250-540 kilogram per cubic metre (similar to balsa). (wikipedia.org)
- Antiaris toxicaria is an excellent, fast-growing shade tree and often is grown around human dwellings for shade. (wikipedia.org)
- At both sites the four most dominant and abundant tree species which recorded highest importance value index (IVI) were Ficus exasperate, Terminalia superba , Morida lucida , and Antiaris toxicaria . (academicjournals.org)
- The Semi-Deciduous Forests are located on the slopes of the Akwapim -Togo - Attakora Ranges with many tree species, which are also found in high forest zones such as, Antiaris Toxicaria (Odum) and oil palm. (ghanadistricts.com)
- Antiaris toxicaria (J.F.Gmel. (kew.org)
- Antiaris toxicaria, family Moraceae. (web.app)
- The darts are dipped in the deadly sap of the ipoh tree ( Antiaris toxicaria ). (eazytraveler.net)
- Some of the better known synonyms include: Antiaris africana Engl. (wikipedia.org)
- Adewunmi Rofiat, Ilesanmi Omotayo B., Crown Olamide O., Komolafe Kayode C., Akinmoladun Afolabi C., Olaleye Tolulope M., Akindahunsi Akintunde A.. Attenuation of KCN-induced Neurotoxicity by Solvent Fractions of Antiaris africana Leaf. (who.int)
- Antiaris africana belongs to the family Moraceae, it is commonly called "False Iroko" tree and one of the medicinal plants used in treatment of mental and nervous disorders in Nigeria. (who.int)
- The habitat is varied and includes savanna woodland ( Afzelia africana , Anogeisseus leiocarpus and Isoberlinia doka communities and Monotes kerstingii - Uapaca togoensis communities), good stands of gallery forest ( Dialium guineensis , Antiaris africana , Berlinia grandiflora ), submontane forest and grass-covered hilltops. (birdlife.org)
- Non-bird biodiversity: Mammals of global conservation concern include Panthera leo (VU), Loxodonta africana (EN) and Cephalopus dorsalis (LR/nt). (birdlife.org)
- and Antiaris welwitschii Engl. (wikipedia.org)
- In English it may be called bark cloth tree, antiaris, false iroko, false mvule or upas tree, and in the Javanese language it is known as the upas or ancar. (wikipedia.org)
- It is the only species currently recognized in the genus Antiaris. (wikipedia.org)
- The genus Antiaris was at one time considered to consist of several species, but is now regarded as just one variable species which can be further divided into five subspecies. (wikipedia.org)
- The status of other species still is unresolved, namely Antiaris turbinifera. (wikipedia.org)
- an East Indian tree ( Antiaris saccidora ) which is cut into lengths, and made into sacks by turning the bark inside out, and leaving a slice of the wood for a bottom. (freedictionary.org)
- The generic epithet Antiaris is derived directly from the Javanese name for it: ancar (obsolete Dutch-era spelling: antjar). (wikipedia.org)
- The Antiaris tree is found in grassy savanna and coastal plateaus. (wikipedia.org)
- Other selective plant parts are the leaves Antiaris africana, Cissampelos owarensis aerial parts (78.96%), Combretum molle leaves and stem bark (90.42% and 88.13%, respectively), Dioscorea dumentorum root bark and tuber (over 87%), G. kola leaves, Markhamia tomentosa root bark, Pycnanthus angolensis stem bark and Tetrapleura tetraptera leaves. (scielo.br)