Procedures for finding the mathematical function which best describes the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables. In linear regression (see LINEAR MODELS) the relationship is constrained to be a straight line and LEAST-SQUARES ANALYSIS is used to determine the best fit. In logistic regression (see LOGISTIC MODELS) the dependent variable is qualitative rather than continuously variable and LIKELIHOOD FUNCTIONS are used to find the best relationship. In multiple regression, the dependent variable is considered to depend on more than a single independent variable.
Studies in which subsets of a defined population are identified. These groups may or may not be exposed to factors hypothesized to influence the probability of the occurrence of a particular disease or other outcome. Cohorts are defined populations which, as a whole, are followed in an attempt to determine distinguishing subgroup characteristics.
Studies which start with the identification of persons with a disease of interest and a control (comparison, referent) group without the disease. The relationship of an attribute to the disease is examined by comparing diseased and non-diseased persons with regard to the frequency or levels of the attribute in each group.
Age as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or the effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from AGING, a physiological process, and TIME FACTORS which refers only to the passage of time.
Maleness or femaleness as a constituent element or influence contributing to the production of a result. It may be applicable to the cause or effect of a circumstance. It is used with human or animal concepts but should be differentiated from SEX CHARACTERISTICS, anatomical or physiological manifestations of sex, and from SEX DISTRIBUTION, the number of males and females in given circumstances.
Body Mass Index
An indicator of body density as determined by the relationship of BODY WEIGHT to BODY HEIGHT. BMI=weight (kg)/height squared (m2). BMI correlates with body fat (ADIPOSE TISSUE). Their relationship varies with age and gender. For adults, BMI falls into these categories: below 18.5 (underweight); 18.5-24.9 (normal); 25.0-29.9 (overweight); 30.0 and above (obese). (National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Analysis of Variance
The ratio of two odds. The exposure-odds ratio for case control data is the ratio of the odds in favor of exposure among cases to the odds in favor of exposure among noncases. The disease-odds ratio for a cohort or cross section is the ratio of the odds in favor of disease among the exposed to the odds in favor of disease among the unexposed. The prevalence-odds ratio refers to an odds ratio derived cross-sectionally from studies of prevalent cases.
Measurable and quantifiable biological parameters (e.g., specific enzyme concentration, specific hormone concentration, specific gene phenotype distribution in a population, presence of biological substances) which serve as indices for health- and physiology-related assessments, such as disease risk, psychiatric disorders, environmental exposure and its effects, disease diagnosis, metabolic processes, substance abuse, pregnancy, cell line development, epidemiologic studies, etc.
Statistical models which describe the relationship between a qualitative dependent variable (that is, one which can take only certain discrete values, such as the presence or absence of a disease) and an independent variable. A common application is in epidemiology for estimating an individual's risk (probability of a disease) as a function of a given risk factor.
A status with BODY WEIGHT that is grossly above the acceptable or desirable weight, usually due to accumulation of excess FATS in the body. The standards may vary with age, sex, genetic or cultural background. In the BODY MASS INDEX, a BMI greater than 30.0 kg/m2 is considered obese, and a BMI greater than 40.0 kg/m2 is considered morbidly obese (MORBID OBESITY).
Severity of Illness Index
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
Reproducibility of Results
The statistical reproducibility of measurements (often in a clinical context), including the testing of instrumentation or techniques to obtain reproducible results. The concept includes reproducibility of physiological measurements, which may be used to develop rules to assess probability or prognosis, or response to a stimulus; reproducibility of occurrence of a condition; and reproducibility of experimental results.
Predictive Value of Tests
In screening and diagnostic tests, the probability that a person with a positive test is a true positive (i.e., has the disease), is referred to as the predictive value of a positive test; whereas, the predictive value of a negative test is the probability that the person with a negative test does not have the disease. Predictive value is related to the sensitivity and specificity of the test.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Statistics as Topic
Proportional Hazards Models
The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
A class of statistical methods applicable to a large set of probability distributions used to test for correlation, location, independence, etc. In most nonparametric statistical tests, the original scores or observations are replaced by another variable containing less information. An important class of nonparametric tests employs the ordinal properties of the data. Another class of tests uses information about whether an observation is above or below some fixed value such as the median, and a third class is based on the frequency of the occurrence of runs in the data. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1284; Corsini, Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology, 1987, p764-5)
A basic element found in nearly all organized tissues. It is a member of the alkaline earth family of metals with the atomic symbol Ca, atomic number 20, and atomic weight 40. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and combines with phosphorus to form calcium phosphate in the bones and teeth. It is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and muscles and plays a role in blood coagulation (as factor IV) and in many enzymatic processes.
The regular and simultaneous occurrence in a single interbreeding population of two or more discontinuous genotypes. The concept includes differences in genotypes ranging in size from a single nucleotide site (POLYMORPHISM, SINGLE NUCLEOTIDE) to large nucleotide sequences visible at a chromosomal level.
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
Confounding Factors (Epidemiology)
Factors that can cause or prevent the outcome of interest, are not intermediate variables, and are not associated with the factor(s) under investigation. They give rise to situations in which the effects of two processes are not separated, or the contribution of causal factors cannot be separated, or the measure of the effect of exposure or risk is distorted because of its association with other factors influencing the outcome of the study.
Ventricular Function, Left
The domestic cat, Felis catus, of the carnivore family FELIDAE, comprising over 30 different breeds. The domestic cat is descended primarily from the wild cat of Africa and extreme southwestern Asia. Though probably present in towns in Palestine as long ago as 7000 years, actual domestication occurred in Egypt about 4000 years ago. (From Walker's Mammals of the World, 6th ed, p801)
Diseases which have one or more of the following characteristics: they are permanent, leave residual disability, are caused by nonreversible pathological alteration, require special training of the patient for rehabilitation, or may be expected to require a long period of supervision, observation, or care. (Dictionary of Health Services Management, 2d ed)
Molecular Sequence Data
Descriptions of specific amino acid, carbohydrate, or nucleotide sequences which have appeared in the published literature and/or are deposited in and maintained by databanks such as GENBANK, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), National Biomedical Research Foundation (NBRF), or other sequence repositories.
The voltage differences across a membrane. For cellular membranes they are computed by subtracting the voltage measured outside the membrane from the voltage measured inside the membrane. They result from differences of inside versus outside concentration of potassium, sodium, chloride, and other ions across cells' or ORGANELLES membranes. For excitable cells, the resting membrane potentials range between -30 and -100 millivolts. Physical, chemical, or electrical stimuli can make a membrane potential more negative (hyperpolarization), or less negative (depolarization).
European Continental Ancestry Group
Performing the role of a parent by care-giving, nurturance, and protection of the child by a natural or substitute parent. The parent supports the child by exercising authority and through consistent, empathic, appropriate behavior in response to the child's needs. PARENTING differs from CHILD REARING in that in child rearing the emphasis is on the act of training or bringing up the children and the interaction between the parent and child, while parenting emphasizes the responsibility and qualities of exemplary behavior of the parent.
Terminology as Topic
A generic term for fats and lipoids, the alcohol-ether-soluble constituents of protoplasm, which are insoluble in water. They comprise the fats, fatty oils, essential oils, waxes, phospholipids, glycolipids, sulfolipids, aminolipids, chromolipids (lipochromes), and fatty acids. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
Sensitivity and Specificity
Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the HEART as projected onto various sites on the body's surface, delineated as a scalar function of time. The recording is monitored by a tracing on slow moving chart paper or by observing it on a cardioscope, which is a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY.
The restriction of a characteristic behavior, anatomical structure or physical system, such as immune response; metabolic response, or gene or gene variant to the members of one species. It refers to that property which differentiates one species from another but it is also used for phylogenetic levels higher or lower than the species.
A distribution in which a variable is distributed like the sum of the squares of any given independent random variable, each of which has a normal distribution with mean of zero and variance of one. The chi-square test is a statistical test based on comparison of a test statistic to a chi-square distribution. The oldest of these tests are used to detect whether two or more population distributions differ from one another.
Microscopy using an electron beam, instead of light, to visualize the sample, thereby allowing much greater magnification. The interactions of ELECTRONS with specimens are used to provide information about the fine structure of that specimen. In TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPY the reactions of the electrons that are transmitted through the specimen are imaged. In SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPY an electron beam falls at a non-normal angle on the specimen and the image is derived from the reactions occurring above the plane of the specimen.
Specialized connective tissue composed of fat cells (ADIPOCYTES). It is the site of stored FATS, usually in the form of TRIGLYCERIDES. In mammals, there are two types of adipose tissue, the WHITE FAT and the BROWN FAT. Their relative distributions vary in different species with most adipose tissue being white.
Blood Flow Velocity
Any of various animals that constitute the family Suidae and comprise stout-bodied, short-legged omnivorous mammals with thick skin, usually covered with coarse bristles, a rather long mobile snout, and small tail. Included are the genera Babyrousa, Phacochoerus (wart hogs), and Sus, the latter containing the domestic pig (see SUS SCROFA).
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
A 51-amino acid pancreatic hormone that plays a major role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, directly by suppressing endogenous glucose production (GLYCOGENOLYSIS; GLUCONEOGENESIS) and indirectly by suppressing GLUCAGON secretion and LIPOLYSIS. Native insulin is a globular protein comprised of a zinc-coordinated hexamer. Each insulin monomer containing two chains, A (21 residues) and B (30 residues), linked by two disulfide bonds. Insulin is used as a drug to control insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (DIABETES MELLITUS, TYPE 1).
African Continental Ancestry Group
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
The act, process, or result of passing from one place or position to another. It differs from LOCOMOTION in that locomotion is restricted to the passing of the whole body from one place to another, while movement encompasses both locomotion but also a change of the position of the whole body or any of its parts. Movement may be used with reference to humans, vertebrate and invertebrate animals, and microorganisms. Differentiate also from MOTOR ACTIVITY, movement associated with behavior.
Miller, Jane Eldridge (2003). Relations. London: Jonathan Cape. ISBN 0-224-06391-X. Miller, Jane (26 October 2005). "Esther ...
... relations = , children = , residence = , education = , alma_mater = , occupation = , profession = Politician , known_for = , ...
"Relations/". Grzinic-smid.si. Retrieved 20 April 2013. http://www.obn.org/obn_pro/downloads/reader2.pdf "Telepistemology: MIT ...
The issue has particularly been discussed in relation to animal rights and wild animal suffering. Some critics have considered ... Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (1): 17-32. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-001-hort. ISSN 2280-9643. Seacord, Beth Anne (2013). ...
The Meat Eaters
Relations. 3 (1): 81-84. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-001-fari. Fisher, Max (2010-09-20). "Should We Kill Off the Carnivores?". The ...
Susan Williams McElroy
Relations •March 3, Office of Media; Share, 2017. "Accolades: Faculty and Student Researchers Receive Awards". www.utdallas.edu ...
Animal Ethics (organization)
Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (1): 101-104. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-001-mcke. ISSN 2280-9643. "Animal Ethics leaflets are ...
Dorado, Daniel (November 2015). "Ethical Interventions in the Wild: an Annotated Bibliography". Relations (3.2): 219-238. doi: ... Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (1): 81-84. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-001-fari. Ethics Beyond the Species - Oscar Horta's ...
Wild animal suffering
Sözmen, Beril (2015). "Relations and Moral Obligations towards Other Animals". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (2): 179- ... In his 1892 book Animals' Rights: Considered in Relation to Social Progress, the writer and early activist for animal rights ... For discussion of wild animal suffering and its relation to the problem of evil see: Darwin, Charles (September 1993). Barlow, ... An Annotated Bibliography". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (2): 219-238. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-002-dora. Retrieved 21 ...
List of ambassadors of Bulgaria to the United States
"Relations". www.bulgaria-embassy.org. Archived from the original on 9 October 2006. Retrieved 31 May 2017. "Constant shifts ... Diplomatic relations between the two countries were established in 1903. Coordinates: 38°54′44″N 77°02′54″W / 38.912222°N ...
Mannino, Adriano (2015-05-11). "Humanitarian Intervention in Nature: Crucial Questions and Probable Answers". Relations. Beyond ... particularly in relation to wild animal suffering. They have also put forward examples of existing research that the field ... proposed cross-disciplinary field of research to study the positive and negative well-being of sentient individuals in relation ...
Jeff McMahan (philosopher)
In relation to his contributions in bioethics, McMahan has also written on the subject of animal ethics, where he has argued ... An Annotated Bibliography". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (2): 219-238. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-002-dora. Retrieved 21 ... "Making a Difference on Behalf of Animals Living in the Wild: Interview with Jeff McMahan". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism 3 ...
She then deploys this philosophy in a number of imagined cases in which humans have varying relations to particular animals in ... An Annotated Bibliography". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism 3 (2): 219-38. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-002-dora. Palmer, Clare ( ... A Reply to Clare Palmer's 'Against the View That We Are Usually Required to Assist Wild Animals'". Relations. Beyond ... She next identifies different kinds of relations humans may have with animals: affective, contractual and, most significantly, ...
... read for a PhD in government and international relations in the Faculty of Economics and Business, ... Stallwood, Kim (2013). "The Politics of Animal Rights Advocacy". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 1 (1): 47-57. doi:10.7358/ ...
United Liberation Movement for West Papua
"Relations". National Parliament of West Papua. Retrieved 2 October 2017. "West Papua National Coalition for Liberation settles ...
"Relations" did not enter the Swedish Singellista Chart, but peaked at number two on the Swedish Heatseeker Chart. "Undressed ... "Relations". 18 December 2020. Retrieved 20 December 2020. "VG-lista - Topp 20 Single uke 2, 2021". VG-lista. Retrieved 16 ... "FelixSandman's latest single "Relations" featuring astridsofficial is certified Gold in Norway. Big congratulations!". Twitter ...
In 2015, Faria co-edited, with Eze Paez, a double volume of the journal Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism, on the problem of ... Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (1): 7-13. ISSN 2280-9643. Faria, Catia; Paez, Eze (2019-02-17). "It's Splitsville: Why ... Relations. 3 (2): 211-218. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-002-fari. --; Paez, Eze (2014). "Anthropocentrism and speciesism: conceptual ... Climate Change Denial and Public Relations: Strategic Communication and Interest Groups in Climate Inaction (1 ed.). Abingdon, ...
Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (1): 33-49. doi:10.7358/rela-2015-001-torr. ISSN 2280-9643. Palmer, Clare (2010). " ...
"Japanese-Siamese Relations, 1606-1629" in Khamchoo, Chaiwat and E. Bruce Reynolds (eds.) Thai-Japanese Relations in Historical ... Trade and relations between Japan and Ayutthaya were quite friendly and strong for roughly sixty years, until a series of ... "Relations..." pp28-29. Coedes. pp164-165. Woodside. p162. A 1642 report to the Dutch East India Company by a Japanese ... The kings also engaged in formal relations with the Tokugawa shōguns, receiving shipments of arms and munitions among many ...
Ethics of terraforming
Tomasik, Brian (2015-11-02). "The Importance of Wild-Animal Suffering". Relations. Beyond Anthropocentrism. 3 (2): 133-152. doi ...
Royal Commission on Trade Unions and Employers' Associations
The Trade Union and Labour Relations Act 1974 soon replaced the unfair dismissal provisions, as was the National Industrial ... Introduction The Subject Matter of Our Report The System of Industrial Relations The Reform of Collective Bargaining The ... Exclusive jurisdiction to hear complaints and give remedies was conferred upon the newly created National Industrial Relations ... "Report of the Royal Commission on Trade Unions and Employers Association (Donovan)" (PDF). Relations Industrielles. Laval ...
CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) "Community Relations Committee". Ontario Jewish Archives. Ontario Jewish Archives. ... Grafstein served on the Board of the League for Human Rights of B'nai B'rith and the Joint Community Relations Committee of ... international relations; technology; transportation, politics; international trade; and constitutional matters in Canada, the ...
Human Relations; Special Events and Cultural Affairs; and Traffic Control and Safety. Colón helped to secure Preliminary ...
Public Relations. New York, NY: Museum of Modern Art, 1977. ISBN 9780870706325. Stock Photographs: The Fort Worth Fat Stock ... In his book Stock Photographs (1980) he showed "people in relation to each other and to their show animals" at the Fort Worth ... 1977: Public Relations, Museum of Modern Art, New York. 1979: The Rodeo, Allan Frumkin Gallery, Chicago. 1979: Greece, Light ... Winogrand, Garry (1977). Public Relations. New York, NY: Museum of Modern Art. ISBN 0-292-72433-0. "Winogrand's Women Are ...
"Web.com Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2008 Financial Results". Investor Relations. Web.com. February 10, 2008. Retrieved ...
Human Relations. 55 (1): 89-118. doi:10.1177/0018726702551004. S2CID 145781752. Kim, U., Triandis, H. C., Choi, S. C., ... and Etzioni 1969 on international relations Child's (1968) review of the culture and personality area in the Borgatta and ...
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
"UNC Charlotte :: Public Relations :: News Release Detail". Archived from the original on November 20, 2007. Retrieved May 11, ... "UNC Charlotte :: Public Relations :: University History". Archived from the original on October 25, 2007. Retrieved May 11, ...
Jurong Entertainment Centre
"CapitaLand Mall Trust :: Investor Relations". cmt.listedcompany.com. Archived from the original on 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019- ...
"External Relations". ASEAN. Archived from the original on 11 December 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2009. "Relation between Japan ... The ASEAN Summit is a biannual meeting held by the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in relation to ... At this summit, ASEAN expressed its readiness to "develop fruitful relations" and mutually beneficial co-operation with other ...
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 11 November 2012. "President Obama Announces Members of the President's Intelligence ... "Paula Broadwell (MA '06)" (PDF). Alumni Relations. University of Denver. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 November 2012. ... 2012). TRIP Around the World: Teaching, Research, and Policy Views of International Relations Faculty in 20 Countrie (PDF). ... and international relations of the Middle East and broader Islamic world, both at DU and throughout the Mountain West." Center ...
Croatia-Japan relations - Wikipedia
This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.. *v ... Croatia-Japan relations (Croatian: Hrvatsko-japanski odnosi; Japanese: 日本とクロアチアの関係) refers to the historic and current ... The two countries established diplomatic relations with each other on March 5, 1993. The embassy of Croatia in Tokyo was ... Japan-Croatia Relations. Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 11 March 2018. ...
Andorra-France relations - Wikipedia
Andorra-France relations have existed since 1278, when Andorra was granted sovereignty through paréage by the Count of Foix in ... Uncharacteristic of most bilateral relations, Andorra is reliant on France for many common conveniences. The postal service, ... Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andorra-France_relations&oldid=884962645" ...
Taiwan - Foreign Relations
... The defining characteristic of Taiwans international relationships is its lack of diplomatic ties ... It is obvious that cross-Strait relations trumping foreign affairs has been set as the new governments policy. The new ... Twenty eight countries maintained diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 2005. Hundreds of thousands of people from Taiwan travel ... In addition to its formal diplomatic relations, Taiwan also maintains trade offices in nearly 100 countries. Taiwan is a member ...
China Peru Relations
China Peru Relations. Peru was among the first Latin American countries to establish diplomatic relations with China. Bilateral ... In 2005, the Peruvian Government successfully improved its trade relations with China, witnessing an increase in both exports ... the Chinese investments in the oil and gas sector and enhanced trade relations indicated that Peru was becoming more important. ...
Good Vendor Relations
... Its never been more important to pay attention to managing relationships with technology vendors. ... SAAS is just one factor drawing attention to vendor relations. The growth of HR outsourcing and a spate of mergers and ... acquisitions in the HR software market also underscore the importance of vendor relations, especially partnership, service- ...
CDC Media Relations: Press Release
CDC Media Relations: Press Release
Discrimination & Race Relations - Books Sitemap
A Study of race relations at Harvard College by Harvard University. Committee on Race Relations - 1980 - 138 pages. ... A directory of intergroup relations agencies by Brotherhood-in-Action, Inc, National Association of Intergroup Relations ... A practical guide to the Race Relations Act by Patricia Hewitt, Ann Sedley, John Wright, National Council for Civil Liberties ( ... A manual of intergroup relations by John Peebles Dean, Alex Rosen - 1955 - 193 pages. ...
Investor Relations - Allergan - Redirecting...
products; the impact of uncertainty around timing of generic entry related to key products, including RESTASIS®, on our financial results; uncertainty associated with financial projections, projected cost reductions, projected synergies, restructurings, increased costs, and adverse tax consequences; difficulties or delays in manufacturing; and other risks and uncertainties detailed in ...
Provider Relations Specialist - Idealist
Community Relations Strategy Presentation
Community Relations in the Digital Age by Zizzo Group 1544 views * Community Relations & its Role in C... by Gabriel Ken 1562 ... Community Relations Strategy Presentation * 1. Community Relations,br /,Strategy and Implementation,br /,Melanie Duzyj, Christy ... 5. Goals: Community Relations,br /,Brand thegame and its events with a family day concept and theme of"It Could BU",br /, ... 4. Goals: Community Relations,br /,Create awareness of the Boston University mens basketball program among the BU student body ...
Intergenerational Relations | Encyclopedia.com
Source for information on Intergenerational Relations: Encyclopedia of Sociology dictionary. ... concern has been expressed about relations among the generations. Historians have identified changing patterns of relationships ... Intergenerational Relations Encyclopedia of Sociology COPYRIGHT 2001 The Gale Group Inc.. INTERGENERATIONAL RELATIONS. ... has provided a model of parent-child relations across the life span that emphasizes the cyclical shift in relations with ...
MSc International Relations (Research)
... academic study of the international relations from a theoretical perspective with the MSc International Relations (Research) ... Theories of International Relations. Covers the main explanatory and normative paradigms in international relations theory. ... Graduate Taught MSc International Relations (2018). Full-time - Code(s) M1UR. Graduate Taught MSc International Relations ... T Dunne, M Karki and S Smith (eds.) International Relations Theories: discipline and diversity (Oxford University Press, 2013) ...
Public relations - Wikipedia
The Chartered Institute of Public Relations, the Public Relations Society of America, and The Institute of Public Relations are ... Public Relations Society of America, a professional trade association, defined public relations in 1982 as: "Public relations ... Negative public relations, also called dark public relations (DPR), black hat PR and in some earlier writing "Black PR", is a ... Managing Public Relations. (Orlando, FL: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1984), 6e. Public relations is what you do with what you ...
Analyst relations - Wikipedia
It is important to note that in most cases Investor Relations (IR) is a separate function, set up to handle relations with ... sometimes called industry relations). Corporate analyst relations functions are also found in the automotive, aerospace and ... the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations was formed as a non-profit community of practice for Analyst Relations ... A Survival Guide for Corporate Analyst Relations/Consultant Relations Programs (3rd ed.), Efrem Mallach, Folrose, 2013, ISBN ...
Lawson Software - Investor Relations - News
Employment Relations Board Conciliation Division
Turkey-Armenia Relations - Think Tank
Armenian and Turkish foreign ministers in Zurich in October 2009 addressed the twin issues of establishing diplomatic relations ... Turkey-Armenia Relations 02-10-2013 The two protocols signed by the Armenian and Turkish foreign ministers in Zurich in October ... They offered a strategic roadmap for each country to "normalise" relations as a first step toward the broader process of ... They offered a strategic roadmap for each country to "normalise" relations as a first step toward the broader process of ...
Relations between tablet properties | SpringerLink
With the aid of simple mathematical models the relations between specific crushing strength ( i.e.crushing strength divided by ... With the aid of simple mathematical models the relations between specific crushing strength (i.e. crushing strength divided by ... Newton JM, Rowley G, Fell JT, Peacock DG, Ridgeway K. Computer analyses of the relation between tablet strength and compaction ...
India-pakistan Relations | Care2 Causes
Our Promise: Welcome to Care2, the worlds largest community for good. Here, youll find over 45 million like-minded people working towards progress, kindness, and lasting impact.. Care2 Stands Against: bigots, bullies, science deniers, misogynists, gun lobbyists, xenophobes, the willfully ignorant, animal abusers, frackers, and other mean people. If you find yourself aligning with any of those folks, you can move along, nothing to see here.. Care2 Stands With: humanitarians, animal lovers, feminists, rabble-rousers, nature-buffs, creatives, the naturally curious, and people who really love to do the right thing ...
India's multilateral relations - Think Tank
... and whose key focus is represented by relations with the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN). By 2016 India will ... Indias multilateral relations 17-07-2015 India, once a leader of the Non-aligned Movement, is now moving away from its non- ... and whose key focus is represented by relations with the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN). By 2016 India will ... and whose key focus is represented by relations with the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN). By 2016 India will ...
HLAS 53 International Relations Brazil
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS: BRAZIL. SCOTT TOLLEFSON, Assistant Professor, Department of National Security Affairs, Naval ... Predictably, there are few works on Brazils relations with Africa (although item bi 92003110 is an exception). A major gap in ... The diversification of Brazils external relations, away from the US, and toward Europe and Asia is also studied (items bi ... An additional theme examines Brazils relations with the US (items bi 91025875, bi 91025838, bi 92005836, bi 91025762 and bi ...
Relations (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Thick relations: loves, kills, gives. Thin relations: identity, resemblance, greater than. Thick relations have more of a " ... So the relation in which x stands to y when x is married to y is a symmetric relation. But if x loves y, it isnt guaranteed ... whereas relations arent relations of anything, but hold between things, or, alternatively, relations are borne by one thing to ... So the relation in which x stands to y when x loves y is a non-symmetric relation. But love doesnt have to go unrequited ...
Mexico, Relations with | Encyclopedia.com
Source for information on Mexico, Relations with: Dictionary of American History dictionary. ... RELATIONS WITH. The relationship of the United States and Mexico has been greatly influenced by a long land border, asymmetry ... MEXICO, RELATIONS WITH. MEXICO, RELATIONS WITH. The relationship of the United States and Mexico has been greatly influenced by ... Strategy and Security in U.S.-Mexican Relations: Beyond the Cold War. San Diego: Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, University of ...
Human resources and labor relations
Industrial Relations Systems and US Foreign Direct Investment Abroad. Abstracts: Industrial relations background in Slovenia. ... Abstracts: Industrial relations: looking to the future. The revival of apprenticeship training in Britain? Labour relations: ... Symposium: Japanese labor relations: are there lessons for the US?. Abstracts: Industry charts a safer future for asthma ... Industrial relations in hotels and catering: neglect and paradox?. Abstracts: Industrial conflict: will the giant wake? The ...
Public Employment Relations Commission | FAQs
It is charged with administering the New Jersey Employer-Employee Relations Act. The agency deals with certain labor relations ... The Public Employment Relations Commission (PERC or Commission) is a State administrative agency. ... It is charged with administering the New Jersey Employer-Employee Relations Act. The agency deals with certain labor relations ... Alleged violations of the National Labor Relations Act must be filed with the National Labor Relations Board, the federal ...
Employment Relations - University of Leicester
Family Relations in Adulthood | SpringerLink
Increasingly, scholarly attention has shifted from relations with ones spouse and... ... Increasingly, scholarly attention has shifted from relations with ones spouse and dependent children to relations with adult ... Rossi, A. S., & Rossi, P. H. (1990). Of human bonding: Parent-child relations across the life course. New York: Aldine de ... Uhlenberg, P., & Cooney, T. (1990). Family size & mother-child relations in later life. The Gerontologist, 30, 618-625.Google ...
Canada - Senegal Relations
Diplomatic Relations. Canada and Senegal established diplomatic relations in 1962. Relations between the two countries are ... Trade Relations. In 2019, bilateral merchandise trade between Canada and Senegal totalled $82.2 million, including $77.0 ... Already considering Senegal an important and reliable partner, Canada takes measures to further develop its relations with this ...
Canada - Nauru Relations
Bilateral relations are cordial and enhanced by a shared membership in international organisations such as the Commonwealth, ... Canadas trade relations with Nauru are managed by the Trade Commissioner Service at the High Commission of Canada in Australia ... Diplomatic relations were established on September 11, 1997. In Nauru, Canada is represented by the High Commission of Canada ... Bilateral relations are cordial and enhanced by a shared membership in international organisations such as the Commonwealth, ...
DiplomaticBilateral relationsSearch2019IndiaEarly 20th centuryRoutledge PoliticsLabour relationsPracticesBRAZILContentNormaliseEmbassy20th1982MainNEWSCloseIndia'sAnnexationCountriesAnalysesStrategicOrganizationASEANProfessionForeign relationsEstablishCharacteristicInternationalRecorded historyOfficialsPeruTheoriesAfricaChinaMediaEconomicTurkeyIntakeTradeConflictPracticeGoalsFundamentalRealismInvestorExaminesSpecialistServicesDifferBrokeTabletTypicallyWork
- The two countries established diplomatic relations with each other on March 5, 1993. (wikipedia.org)
- A training ship of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) JDS Kashima visited to Split , the second-largest city in Croatia for celebrating 20th anniversary of diplomatic relations between both countries in September 2013. (wikipedia.org)
- Foreign nations wishing to establish diplomatic relations with a government of China could recognize the "Republic of China" or recognize the People's Republic of China (PRC), but not both. (globalsecurity.org)
- Twenty eight countries maintained diplomatic relations with Taiwan in 2005. (globalsecurity.org)
- In addition to its formal diplomatic relations, Taiwan also maintains trade offices in nearly 100 countries. (globalsecurity.org)
- Peru was among the first Latin American countries to establish diplomatic relations with China. (globalsecurity.org)
- The two protocols signed by the Armenian and Turkish foreign ministers in Zurich in October 2009 addressed the twin issues of establishing diplomatic relations and reopening the closed Armenian-Turkish border. (europa.eu)
- Canada and Senegal established diplomatic relations in 1962. (gc.ca)
- Diplomatic relations were established on September 11, 1997. (gc.ca)
- BEIJING, Jan. 22- Foreign Minister David Levy of Israel arrived in Beijing today for a four-day visit that is expected to lead to the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Israel. (nytimes.com)
- Photo: The visit to China of Foreign Minister David Levy of Israel, center, is expected to lead to the establishment of diplomatic relations. (nytimes.com)
- Yugoslavia established full diplomatic relations with India on 5 December 1948 following the 1948 Tito-Stalin split. (wikipedia.org)
- БЕОГРАД - ЊУ ДЕЛХИ: Седамдесет година дипломатских односа/ BELGRADE-NEW DELHI: Seventy Years of Diplomatic Relations/ बेलग्रेड-नई दिल्ली राजनयिक संबंधोंकेसत्तर वर्ष. (wikipedia.org)
- They established diplomatic relations on 18 January 1879 as the Principality of Serbia (independent) and Principality of Bulgaria (vassal of the Ottoman Empire which exercised de facto independence). (wikipedia.org)
- In 2018, Serbia and Bulgaria celebrated 140 years of diplomatic relations. (wikipedia.org)
- Church officials are holding a summit at the Vatican to map out the church's strategy with China since it broke off diplomatic relations with the country in 1951. (voanews.com)
- By that time, the government of Feliciano Viera (1915-19) had recognized 'the justice and nobility' of the United States severance of diplomatic relations with Germany in early 1917. (countrystudies.us)
- One consequence of these travels is that Kyrgyzstan is recognized by 120 nations and has diplomatic relations with sixty-one of them. (countrystudies.us)
- Uncharacteristic of most bilateral relations, Andorra is reliant on France for many common conveniences. (wikipedia.org)
- Relations between the United States and Mexico have evolved from a pattern of either conflict or indifference to a new partnership in their bilateral relations. (encyclopedia.com)
- Bilateral relations are cordial and enhanced by a shared membership in international organisations such as the Commonwealth, the United Nations and the World Health Organisation. (gc.ca)
- In the immediate period following the establishment of the bilateral relations the Embassy of Yugoslavia in London was responsible for Yugoslav relations with India, while the Embassy of India in Rome was responsible for Indian relations with Yugoslavia. (wikipedia.org)
- Steinmeier, a two-time former foreign minister, told Russian President Vladimir Putin he was unhappy with the state of bilateral relations and that both sides needed to work to improve it. (rferl.org)
- Bilateral relations with Argentina and Brazil have always been of particular importance. (countrystudies.us)
- Iran wants to improve bilateral relations with the United States and other Western powers, its President Hassan Rohani said in an editorial published in a German newspaper Monday, broaching an issue he has so far avoided since he took office. (ynetnews.com)
- Later that year, Morgan partnered with Mitch Levinson to create mRELEVANCE, LLC, a company owned by Flammer Relations, Inc., and Mitch Levinson Consulting, Inc. mRELEVANCE, LLC, allowed the companies to stand at the intersection of social media and search engine optimization and create effective marketing strategies that increased quality website traffic by 25 to 400 percent. (prweb.com)
- Foreign relations of Bulgaria Foreign relations of Serbia Bulgarians in Serbia Serbs in Bulgaria Craiova Group Bulgaria-Yugoslavia relations FoNet, Piše (26 June 2019). (wikipedia.org)
- Relations with the European Union (EU) and the EU/EFTA states are a priority of the foreign policy strategy for 2016-2019. (admin.ch)
- As Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Is Set To Make His Inaugural Visit To The White House Later This Month, There Is Cautious Optimism In Washington On Improving Relations Between The United States And India. (voanews.com)
- But Attention Is Also Being Paid To Relations Between China And India, And How They Could Affect US- India Relations. (voanews.com)
- India-Yugoslavia relations were historical foreign relations between India and now split-up Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. (wikipedia.org)
- India and the Non-Aligned Movement Yugoslavia and the Non-Aligned Movement Bosnia and Herzegovina-India relations Croatia-India relations India-Montenegro relations India-North Macedonia relations India-Serbia relations India-Slovenia relations Death and state funeral of Josip Broz Tito Jakovina, Tvrtko. (wikipedia.org)
- Pakistan's growing linkages with fundamentalist elements, trans-border smuggling of weapons and drugs, determination of maritime boundary, discriminatory trade barriers against India, and the treatment meted out to the minorities in Pakistan are the major irritants in the relations between the two countries. (ssrn.com)
Early 20th century2
- Ivy Lee, the man who turned around the Rockefeller name and image, and his friend, Edward Louis Bernays, established the first definition of public relations in the early 20th century as follows: "a management function, which tabulates public attitudes, defines the policies, procedures and interests of an organization. (wikipedia.org)
- The formal practice of what is now commonly referred to as "public relations" dates to the early 20th century. (prsa.org)
- Routledge Politics and International Relations provide researchers, professionals, lecturers and students with high quality Books, Journals, eProducts, and Resources across a wide range of subject areas within the Politics and International Relations fields. (routledge.com)
- Experience with Provider Relations' practices, business processes and credentialing databases (i.e. (idealist.org)
- Strengthening the capacity of the ILO's constituents and improving industrial relations norms, institutions and practices in all countries, and particularly in some of the least developed countries of the region, are strategic to the ILO's mission and goal of Decent Work. (ilo.org)
- Working on several Faculty Relations projects aimed at advancing equity practices. (sfu.ca)
- This is the first of three evidence sessions for the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee's inquiry into UK-Brazil Relations. (parliament.uk)
- The intention is to scrutinise UK-Brazil relations in the context of three discrete areas of Brazilian policy which will directly impact on the UK's interests - namely energy security, criminality, and the environment and climate change. (parliament.uk)
- With their new look, she and her team will focus on the core catalog of services that has earned their winning reputation, including public relations, social media, blogging, strategic marketing, promotions and content development. (prweb.com)
- The team of seven includes content writers, public relations professionals and social media experts. (prweb.com)
- They offered a strategic roadmap for each country to "normalise" relations as a first step toward the broader process of reconciliation. (europa.eu)
- There is a lot of potential for further increasing the bilateral co-operation and economic relations between Albania and Qatar, Kujtim Xani, Charge d'affaires at embassy of Albania, said during a recent interview with Gulf Times. (gulf-times.com)
- Public Relations Society of America, a professional trade association, defined public relations in 1982 as: "Public relations helps an organization and its publics adapt mutually to each other. (wikipedia.org)
- In 1982, PRSA adopted the following definition: "Public relations helps an organization and its publics adapt mutually to each other. (prsa.org)
- The compulsory course covers the main explanatory and normative approaches in international relations theory - realism, liberalism, the "English School", constructivism, normative theory, gender and feminist writings and postcolonial perspectives. (lse.ac.uk)
- Covers the main explanatory and normative paradigms in international relations theory. (lse.ac.uk)
- In prosthodontics, replacing the missing, without affecting the other components of the masticatory system has two main reference the maximum intercupation and the centric relation. (slideshare.net)
- This office also organizes press conferences, promotes research, events, university news, offers media-relations support across McGill and manages McGill's main social media accounts. (mcgill.ca)
- Relations between Italy and Russia remain intense and positive, despite several sanctioning measures imposed in Moscow by the EU and its main Western partners, in particular in connection with the events in Ukraine in 2014. (esteri.it)
- Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment. (wikipedia.org)
- The Media Relations Office helps the University disseminate information about major research, publications, breakthroughs and any other news stories of broader interest to the public. (mcgill.ca)
- Relations between the two countries are close and touch on a wide range of activities. (gc.ca)
- Israel normalised relations with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at a White House ceremony on Tuesday as President Donald Trump said similar US-brokered deals were close between the Jewish state and 'five or six' other nations. (gulf-times.com)
- The development of events in a region close to the Adriatic sea has immediate backdrops both on the internal security and on the external relations of our country. (esteri.it)
- It is unfortunate that in spite of India's best efforts the relations between the two neighboring countries have remained far from satisfactory. (ssrn.com)
- Steinmeier's visit to Moscow, the first by a German president since 2010, took place amid strained relations over Russia's 2014 annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region and its backing of a separatist uprising in eastern Ukraine which has killed more than 10,000 people since April 2014. (rferl.org)
- Australia is one of a range of countries beyond the Euro-Atlantic area - often referred to as "partners across the globe" - with which NATO is strengthening relations. (nato.int)
- Initially two countries developed their relations at the UN Security Council in 1949 during their shared membership. (wikipedia.org)
- Bulgaria recognized Kosovo as an independent country in 2008, which temporarily strained relations between two nations, however the two countries enjoy good cooperation in the area of culture, as seen in the examples of co-production of Serbian movies. (wikipedia.org)
- Implemented jointly by the ASEAN Secretariat and the ILO, this project aims to improve industrial relations in the ASEAN countries. (ilo.org)
- The Government of Japan has provided funds for implementing a project for improving industrial relations (IR) in the ASEAN countries during 2008-2014. (ilo.org)
- The implementation strategy of this ASEAN-ILO/Japan Programme on Industrial Relations is to add to the existing body of information and knowledge of IR, identify new issues and trends, and review IR institutions and processes with a view to enabling the ASEAN countries to strengthen their capacity to better address the emerging issues in the changing world of work. (ilo.org)
- This opening of relations has seen largely positive results for numerous countries. (torontosun.com)
- How the next U.S. president handles relations with China may prove even more important in history than this nation's handling of relations with Muslim countries. (brookings.edu)
- We want to rebuild and improve our relations to European and North American countries on a basis of mutual respect," he wrote in a contribution for the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper. (ynetnews.com)
- Newton JM, Rowley G, Fell JT, Peacock DG, Ridgeway K. Computer analyses of the relation between tablet strength and compaction pressure. (springer.com)
- The winning definition stated that: "Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics. (wikipedia.org)
- Center for Strategic and International Studies senior advisor Michael Green says it's likely that our next President will work diligently to maintain good relations with China. (brookings.edu)
- Public relations (PR) is the practice of deliberately managing the release and spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public in order to affect the public perception. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of public relations is to inform the public, prospective customers, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders, and ultimately persuade them to maintain a positive or favorable view about the organization, its leadership, products, or political decisions. (wikipedia.org)
- In August 1978, the World Assembly of Public Relations Associations defined the field as "the art and social science of analyzing trends, predicting their consequences, counselling organizational leaders and implementing planned programs of action, which will serve both the organization and the public interest. (wikipedia.org)
- Public relations can also be defined as the practice of managing communication between an organization and its publics. (wikipedia.org)
- While the two nations still differ over Mideast issues -- China recognizes the state of Palestine that was proclaimed by the Palestine Liberation Organization -- the speed with which relations have warmed reflects a new pragmatism, particularly in China. (nytimes.com)
- At its core, public relations is about influencing, engaging and building a relationship with key stakeholders across numerous platforms in order to shape and frame the public perception of an organization. (prsa.org)
- She comes to Paraco with over nine years of experience in human capital management, and will focus her efforts on talent development initiatives directly related to operations, as well as improving employee relations throughout the organization. (prnewswire.com)
- These projects coincide with the new 'Act East' policy, which builds on the previous 'Look East' policy, and whose key focus is represented by relations with the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN). (europa.eu)
- Most textbooks consider the establishment of the Publicity Bureau in 1900 to be the founding of the public relations profession. (wikipedia.org)
- The most rewarding part of the public relations profession is helping organizations grow their brands, attract new customers and increase their sales," said DiNuzzo. (prweb.com)
- One of the ways NATA strives to increase public awareness of the athletic training profession is through public relations efforts. (nata.org)
- The NATA Public Relations Committee has developed targeted PR packages to assist ATs with promoting the profession and connecting with external stakeholders during National Athletic Training Month (NATM). (nata.org)
- Public relations specialists establish and maintain relationships with an organization's target audience, the media, relevant trade media, and other opinion leaders. (wikipedia.org)
- 2. If someone is thinking that the reluctance of many rabbinical circles to engage in certain forms of dialogue is unjustified or ungenerous, or is surprised at how slowly their reactions come through, such a one fails to understand the fundamental characteristic that defines the relation between Jews and Christians. (bc.edu)
- MSc International Relations (Research) is an advanced, academic study of the subject from a theoretical perspective. (lse.ac.uk)
- The programme offers a deeper exploration of the ways in which people think about international relations, how international relations are theorised and conceptualised, and why they act the way they do when conducting international relations as a field of practice. (lse.ac.uk)
- It explores international relations as knowledge, as a social science and as a practical discipline. (lse.ac.uk)
- You may also be interested in the MSc International Relations Theory programme which shares the same core course, Theories of International Relations, but does not entail a compulsory methodology course. (lse.ac.uk)
- You will also choose courses from a range of options within International Relations and across other relevant departments, including the Gender and European Institutes, and International Development. (lse.ac.uk)
- Ethiopia-France relations are the international relations between Ethiopia and France. (wikipedia.org)
- As a graduate student in the Department of Politics and International Relations, you will be studying with academics who have personal experience of public policy, government departments and international organisations. (reading.ac.uk)
- The Foreign Ministry is vested with the functions and tasks assigned to the State in respect of international political, economic, social and cultural relations. (esteri.it)
- Sasha Toperich is a Senior Fellow and Director of the Mediterranean Basin Initiative at the Center for Transatlantic Relations at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies-SAIS. (brookings.edu)
- Aylin Ünver Noi is a Non-Resident Senior Fellow at the Center for Transatlantic Relations at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies-SAIS and Associate Professor at Istinye University, İstanbul. (brookings.edu)
- Prior to that, he was Vice-President, Sales and Consultant Relations at a U.S. international investment management firm where he managed their U.S. consultant relations program and solicited interest and business from plan sponsors. (prnewswire.com)
- TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan 11, 2013) - Southern Legacy Minerals Inc. (" Southern Legacy " or the " Company ") (TSX VENTURE:LCY) has retained Pinnacle Capital Markets Ltd. (" Pinnacle ") to develop and provide investor relations services for the Company which will enhance and expand Southern Legacy''s exposure to the Canadian and international investment community. (yahoo.com)
- What essays affected international relations? (foreignpolicy.com)
- Narrowing the focus to international relations and U.S. foreign policy, I started to think if one could point to essays that really did affect the contours of world politics. (foreignpolicy.com)
- Remineralize the Earth (RTE) is looking for a Public Relations volunteer to aid in increasing public awareness of our mission and disseminating information about our cause through local, national, and international media channels. (idealist.org)
- As a Public Relations volunteer, you would be tasked with booking radio programming, writing and disseminating press releases to local newspapers, and generally networking from local to international media outlets to promote RTE and its mission. (idealist.org)
- Thus, Uruguay's international relations historically have been guided by the principles of nonintervention, respect for national sovereignty, and reliance on the rule of law to settle disputes. (countrystudies.us)
- Throughout recorded history, concern has been expressed about relations among the generations. (encyclopedia.com)
- Public relations professionals typically work for PR and marketing firms, businesses and companies, government, and public officials as public information officers and nongovernmental organizations, and nonprofit organizations. (wikipedia.org)
- The Community Safety Department's Campus Relations Officials collaborate with individuals and groups on and off campus on projects to promote safety. (yorku.ca)
- Regularly, Campus Relations Officials are called on to train and give safety presentations to student, staff and faculty organizations that promote dialogue about crime prevention. (yorku.ca)
- Although China had not historically taken a strong interest in Peru, the Chinese investments in the oil and gas sector and enhanced trade relations indicated that Peru was becoming more important. (globalsecurity.org)
- Predictably, there are few works on Brazil's relations with Africa (although item bi 92003110 is an exception). (loc.gov)
- Already considering Senegal an important and reliable partner, Canada takes measures to further develop its relations with this country, which acts as a reference regarding democratic governance and sustainable economic development measures in Sub-Saharan Africa. (gc.ca)
- On April 7, Ryan Hass spoke on a panel about China's Belt and Road Initiative and China's relations with the Middle East during a session of the "World Economic Forum on the Middle East and Africa," which was held in Amman, Jordan. (brookings.edu)
- In 2005, the Peruvian Government successfully improved its trade relations with China, witnessing an increase in both exports to and imports from China over 2004 levels. (globalsecurity.org)
- Following is a backgrounder of China-Sweden relations. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- In 1998 and 2005, the Swedish government issued its Asian strategies and Asian policies documents separately, including contents to further promote relations with China. (chinadaily.com.cn)
- And, has Obama's meeting with the Dalai Lama endangered US/China relations? (ft.com)
- Pope Benedict has made restoring relations with China a key item on his agenda. (voanews.com)
- Canada should have strong relations with China, but not at all costs. (torontosun.com)
- The Liberals campaigned on forging greater trade relations with China - an emerging economy with a growing middle-class with which to do business. (torontosun.com)
- China hopes to see a united European Union in which Britain plays a prominent role in promoting Chinese relations with the bloc, President Xi Jinping told Britain's premier - making in an indirect plea for the country to remain part of the EU. (euractiv.com)
- The five key areas of China policy deal with economic relations, human rights, nuclear proliferation, Taiwan and policy toward dangerous regimes. (brookings.edu)
- BEIJING - China said Sunday that it is up to the U.S. to improve relations that soured over U.S. arms sales to Taiwan and a meeting between President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama. (wsj.com)
- Public relations aims to create or obtain coverage for clients for free, also known as earned media, rather than paying for marketing or advertising. (wikipedia.org)
- Jobs central to public relations include account coordinator, account executive, account supervisor, and media relations manager. (wikipedia.org)
- According to Bernays, the public relations counsel is the agent working with both modern media of communications and group formations of society in order to provide ideas to the public's consciousness. (wikipedia.org)
- In this role, she spends her time managing communications projects and media relations activities for the Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, the Johns Hopkins Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response (CEPAR) and the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality. (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- Axia Public Relations' services and award-winning programs include brand and product media relations, digital PR, social media, crisis management, reputation management, corporate communications, spokesperson training, thought leadership and speaking engagements as well as award and recognition programs. (prweb.com)
- This literature review aims to examine the various resources discussing interpersonal and social relations in the light of social media sites. (bartleby.com)
- Next to the great official events one ought not to forget those that look like small steps, but perhaps it is from these very small steps, unaccompanied by the hype of the media, that something new shall begin, ultimately blossoming into what shall be the correct relation between Jews and Christians in the medium term and long term. (bc.edu)
- With the almost simultaneous election of Fox and George W. Bush in 2000, relations between the United States and Mexico showed further signs of continuing the historic shift to a more productive partnership based on the salience of bilateral issues such as trade, democracy, immigration, drug trafficking, economic stability, and the environment. (encyclopedia.com)
- Major issues must be resolved before any UK-EU agreement on post-Brexit trade and economic relations is completed. (rand.org)
- Human Relations addresses the social relations in and around work - across the levels of immediate personal relationships, organizations and their processes, and wider political and economic systems. (sagepub.com)
- The overall level of economic relations between Italy and Russia remains important. (esteri.it)
- After the Tuesday cermony, the two leaders sat down for talks to discuss economic relations and the ongoing conflict in Syria. (reuters.com)
- The two briefing papers drafted respectively by a Turkish and an Armenian analyst assess the past efforts and the current state of play of Turkey-Armenia relations, suggest possible future scenarios and present several specific recommendations for action. (europa.eu)
- relations with its neighbors that surround the Mediterranean and the Black sea, presents Turkey with a number of challenges. (brookings.edu)
- This volume intends to shed more light into past, present and future Turkey-Transatlantic relations, focusing on a history of Turkey-Transatlantic relations, the impact of current developments in Turkey and its neighbors, and Turkish domestic and foreign policies in Transatlantic relations. (brookings.edu)
- Schools, colleges, departments and other units must fill out the University Relations & Communications Integrated Marketing & Communications intake form , describing their needs. (uwm.edu)
- The public relations professional must know how to effectively address those concerns using the most powerful tool of the public relations trade, which is publicity. (wikipedia.org)
- Canada's trade relations with Nauru are managed by the Trade Commissioner Service at the High Commission of Canada in Australia. (gc.ca)
- From Mexico's independence from Spain in 1821 through the violence and turmoil of the Mexican Revolution (1910-1917), relations between the United States and Mexico were dominated by conflict and intervention. (encyclopedia.com)
- Conflict and turmoil were the dominant traits in U.S.-Mexican relations for most of the nineteenth century and during the first four decades of the twentieth century. (encyclopedia.com)
- citation needed] In June 2006, the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations was formed as a non-profit community of practice for Analyst Relations professionals and its members are both in-house and agency side AR professionals. (wikipedia.org)
- The aim of this report is to evaluate the application of Peplau 's theory of interpersonal relations to nursing practice. (bartleby.com)
- Their objective is to work closely with their clients to achieve key investor relations goals such as: assist in positioning their client in the context of the public markets, enhance visibility within the financial community, increase liquidity through enhanced retail and institutional awareness, attract and increase equity research coverage, and assist in identifying much needed growth capital. (yahoo.com)
- Age-stratification theory begins with the fundamental assumption that to understand intercohort relations, we need to see society as stratified by age. (encyclopedia.com)
- This was reinforced by the mandate given to the ILO by the 14th Asian Regional Meeting in 2006, which cited improved industrial relations and labour market governance as fundamental conditions for realizing decent work in the Asia-Pacific region. (ilo.org)
- By contrast, (2), (3) and (4) amount to different forms of realism, whether about properties and/or relations. (stanford.edu)
- citation needed] Analyst Relations teams often report into a corporate communications function, although they can also report to marketing, investor relations, sales, or even directly to the CEO. (wikipedia.org)
- It is important to note that in most cases Investor Relations (IR) is a separate function, set up to handle relations with financial analysts as there are very specific rules pertaining to the disclosure of financial information. (wikipedia.org)
- PCM believes that a successful investor relations program depends on a multifaceted approach, including an effective strategy, tactical execution, thoughtful advice, and ongoing communication. (yahoo.com)
- An additional theme examines Brazil's relations with the US (items bi 91025875, bi 91025838, bi 92005836, bi 91025762 and bi 91004946). (loc.gov)
- We are currently seeking an experienced Provider Relations Specialist for our Provider Relations department. (idealist.org)
- Large corporations supplying technology (hardware, software, networking, and IT Services) usually have an Analyst Relations person or team (sometimes called industry relations). (wikipedia.org)
- When not providing public relations counsel, strategy and services to her clients and team, she enjoys running, cooking and fine dining. (prweb.com)
- Chris is an industry veteran with 20 years of financial services experience including eight years of manager research experience at a global institutional consultant and 12 years of institutional sales and consultant relations experience. (prnewswire.com)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee units may employ a marketing agency when University Relations & Communications cannot provide marketing services and the unit has funding for outside work. (uwm.edu)
- Originally founded in 1999, Flammer Relations, Inc. focused on public relations for home builders, nonprofits, construction products, manufacturers and a myriad of other products and services. (prweb.com)
- Many important questions have been raised regarding relations among cohorts, including: How do people differ as a result of membership in a specific cohort? (encyclopedia.com)
- Public relations (PR) and publicity differ in that PR is controlled internally, whereas publicity is not controlled and contributed by external parties. (wikipedia.org)
- To begin with, a clear line should be drawn between interpersonal and social relations, as these two terms differ regardless of the platform, be it online of offline. (bartleby.com)
- In January 1942, one month after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, Uruguay broke relations with the Axis. (countrystudies.us)
- With the aid of simple mathematical models the relations between specific crushing strength ( i.e. crushing strength divided by the breaking surface), friability and disintegration time of a tablet can be given. (springer.com)
- Properties are typically introduced to account for repetition in the first sense, whereas relations are typically introduced to account for repetition in the second sense. (stanford.edu)
- 1) amounts to a form of thoroughgoing nominalism and is typically motivated by a blanket aversion to the doctrine that general words like "black" or "before" refer to worldly items, whether properties or relations. (stanford.edu)
- Analyst relations is a corporate strategy, corporate communications and marketing activity in which corporations communicate with ICT industry analysts (also known as research analysts) who work for independent research and consulting firms such as the leading four. (wikipedia.org)
- University Relations & Communications and campus units will work collaboratively to determine which agencies will be used, the scope of work and the payment plan. (uwm.edu)
- Interpersonal relations in the work set-up are the interactions between fellow coworkers. (bartleby.com)
- The importance of Interpersonal relations in the work set-up The importance of Interpersonal Relationships is that they create better communication and better understanding among co-workers in the workplace. (bartleby.com)
- The phrase 'the social relations in and around work' was developed in 2006 to summarize the focus. (sagepub.com)