Name-based reporting of HIV-positive test results as a deterrent to testing. (1/40)OBJECTIVES: This study evaluated attitudes toward name-based reporting of HIV. METHODS: One hundred thirty high-risk, male repeat testers received information on the public health benefits of name-based reporting and reported their intentions to test. RESULTS: Of the 67 men who were randomly selected and asked their intentions before hearing the benefits, 63% said they would not test if reporting were required. After hearing the benefits, 19% changed their minds (P < .014). Of the 63 men who were asked only after hearing the benefits, 44% would not test. CONCLUSIONS: Implementing name-based reporting without working before-hand to change attitudes could undermine the benefits of both testing and HIV surveillance. (+info)
The ethics of anonymized HIV testing of pregnant women: a reappraisal. (2/40)Seroprevalence monitoring of HIV in pregnant women by anonymized unlinked testing has been widely adopted in the UK and other countries. The scientific rationale is to eliminate participation and selection bias. The ethical justification is that the public good outweighs any harm to individuals. The assumption has been that individuals have had their autonomy respected by the offer of informed consent. In the light of new scientific evidence, it is doubtful that the public good is best served by the continuation of anonymously testing women receiving antenatal care. It is submitted that it is no longer ethical for health professionals to refrain from informing pregnant women of the benefits of voluntary named testing, or to request their consent to anonymized testing. The legal and moral concept of duty of care is examined, and the abrogation of this duty through anonymization is explained. (+info)
Comparison of deferral rates using a computerized versus written blood donor questionnaire: a randomized, cross-over study [ISRCTN84429599]. (3/40)BACKGROUND: Self-administered computer-assisted blood donor screening strategies may elicit more accurate responses and improve the screening process. METHODS: Randomized crossover trial comparing responses to questions on a computerized hand-held tool (HealthQuiz, or HQ), to responses on the standard written instrument (Donor Health Assessment Questionnaire, or DHAQ). Randomly selected donors at 133 blood donation clinics in the area of Hamilton, Canada participated from 1995 to 1996. Donors were randomized to complete either the HQ or the DHAQ first, followed by the other instrument. In addition to responses of 'yes' and 'no' on both questionnaires, the HQ provided a response option of 'not sure'. The primary outcome was the number of additional donors deferred by the HQ. RESULTS: A total of 1239 donors participated. Seventy-one potential donors were deferred as a result of responses to the questionnaires; 56.3% (40/71) were deferred by the DHAQ, and an additional 43.7% (31/71) were deferred due to risks identified by the HQ but not by the DHAQ. Fourteen donors self-deferred; 11 indicated on the HQ that they should not donate blood on that day but did not use the confidential self-exclusion option on the DHAQ, and three used the self-exclusion option on the DHAQ but did not indicate that they should not donate blood on the HQ. The HQ identified a blood contact or risk factor for HIV/AIDS or sexually transmitted infection that was not identified by the DHAQ in 0.1% to 2.7% of donors. CONCLUSION: A self-administered computerized questionnaire may increase risk reporting by blood donors. (+info)
Effects of anonymity, gender, and erotophilia on the quality of data obtained from self-reports of socially sensitive behaviors. (4/40)This study examined the effects of anonymity, gender, and erotophilia on the quality of self-reports of socially sensitive health-related behaviors. A sample of 155 male and 203 female undergraduate students was randomly assigned to an anonymous and a confidential (i.e., nonanonymous) assessment condition. Gender, erotophilia, self-reports (of substance use, sexual behaviors, illegal activity), and perceived item threat were assessed by questionnaire. Data quality was strongly affected by experimental condition and gender. Thus, terminations were more frequent in the confidential condition and among women. In the confidential condition, women were significantly more likely to "prefer not to respond" to sensitive items compared to men. Both female gender and confidential condition were associated with lower frequency reports of sensitive health behaviors, and greater perceived threat of the assessment questions. Self-reported engagement in sensitive behaviors was positively related to both perceived question threat and erotophilia. Path analyses suggest that question threat mediates the effects of anonymity manipulations and gender on data quality (item refusal, termination), and that erotophilia mediates the effects of gender on incidence and frequency self-reports. The results indicate that anonymous assessments as well as male gender are associated with better data quality. (+info)
Stored human tissue: an ethical perspective on the fate of anonymous, archival material. (5/40)The furore over the retention of organs at postmortem examination, without adequate consent, has led to a reassessment of the justification for, and circumstances surrounding, the retention of any human material after postmortem examinations and operations. This brings into focus the large amount of human material stored in various archives and museums, much of which is not identifiable and was accumulated many years ago, under unknown circumstances. Such anonymous archival material could be disposed of, used for teaching, used for research, or remain in storage. We argue that there are no ethical grounds for disposing of the material, or for storing it in the absence of a teaching or research rationale. Nevertheless, with stringent safeguards, it can be used even in the absence of consent in research and teaching. Regulations are required to control the storage of all such human material, along the lines of regulations governing anatomy body bequests. (+info)
Prevalence of HIV in workforces in southern Africa, 2000-2001. (6/40)OBJECTIVES: Most data on HIV prevalence in low-risk populations in sub-Saharan Africa are drawn from sentinel surveys of pregnant women attending antenatal clinics and are not representative of formal sector workforces. We surveyed workforces in southern Africa to determine HIV prevalence among formally employed, largely male populations. METHODS: Voluntary, anonymous, unlinked seroprevalence surveys of 34 workforces with 44,000 employees were carried out in South Africa, Botswana, and Zambia in 2000-2001. Results were stratified to obtain estimates of prevalence by industrial sector, location, age, sex, and job level. RESULTS: Average HIV prevalence for the entire sample was 16.6% (95% CI: 16.3-17.0%). Country-wide prevalence was 14.5% (14.1-14.9%) in South Africa, 17.9% (17.1-18.7%) in Zambia, and 24.6% (23.6-25.7%) in Botswana. Among industrial sectors, mining (18.0%, 17.6-18.5%) and metal processing (17.3%, 15.9-18.7%) had the highest infection rates. Males, who comprised 85% of participants of known sex, were more likely (16.3%, 15.3-17.4%) to be infected than were females (10.7%, 8.7-12.7%). Contract (23%, 21.9-24.1%), unskilled (18.3%, 17.5-19.1%), and semi-skilled workers (18.7%, 18.1-19.4%) were much more likely to be infected than were skilled workers (10.5%, 9.5-11.4%) and managers (4.5%, 3.4-5.6%). Participation in the surveys averaged 63% of eligible employees. CONCLUSIONS: HIV prevalence among formally employed workers in southern Africa shows different patterns than among antenatal clinic attendees. Anonymous workplace surveys generate prevalence estimates for demographic groups that are not represented in antenatal surveys and can strengthen support for prevention and treatment interventions. (+info)
Precise definition of anonymization in genetic polymorphism studies. (7/40)Anonymization is an essential tool to protect privacy of participants in epidemiological studies. This paper classifies types of anonymization in genetic polymorphism studies, providing precise definitions. They are: 1) unlinkable anonymization at enrollment without a participant list; 2) unlinkable anonymization before genotyping with a participant list; 3) linkable anonymization; 4) unlinkable anonymization for outsiders; and 5) linkable anonymization for outsiders. The classification in view of accessibility to a table including genotype data with directly identifiable data such as names is important; if such tables exist, staff may obtain genotype information about participants. The first three modes are defined here as anonymization unaccessible to genotype data with directly identifiable information for research staff. Anonymization with a key code held by participants is possible with any of the above anonymization modes, by which participants can access to their own genotypes through telephone or internet. A guideline issued on March 29, 2001 with collaboration of three Ministries in Japan defines "anonymization in a linkable fashion" and "anonymization in an unlinkable fashion", "for the purpose of preventing the personal information from being divulged externally in violation of law, the present guidelines or a research protocol", but the contents are not clear in practice. The proposed definitions will be useful when we describe and discuss the preferable mode of anonymization for a given polymorphism study. (+info)
Ethics and ethics committees: HIV serosurveillance in Scotland. (8/40)Knowledge of the heterosexual spread of HIV is needed to plan future health-care needs. In December 1989 we gained approval and finance for unlinked anonymous testing of neonatal Guthrie card samples in Scotland. Local ethics committee approval was required before testing could start. Twenty ethics committees were approached in the 15 Scottish health board areas. Nineteen of the committees have agreed, representing 99.6 per cent of births in Scotland. Our method of contacting ethics committees is discussed, as are the points raised. (+info)
Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
... (26 March 2007). "The Twenty-questions Test". Retrieved 22 October 2007. Spinella, Marcello (2007 ... List of twelve-step groups Sex Addicts Anonymous Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous Sexaholics Anonymous Sexual Compulsives ... Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (2002). Sexual Compulsives Anonymous: A Program of Recovery (2nd ed.). New York, NY. ISBN 978-0- ... Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (1993). Q&A: A Guide for Newcomers to Sexual Compulsives Anonymous. ISBN 978-0-9627966-2-3. Sexual ...
Anonymous (March 2015). "Masterchef's Matt Preston makes his dreams come true". Retrieved 1 March 2015. "Taking the taste test ... Anonymous (30 January 2014). "masterchef and offspring win aactas". Retrieved 30 January 2014. Khalil, Shireen (25 July 2018 ...
"Modern Tests: Nikon FM2" pp 98, 101. Anonymous. "Modern Tests: Nikon FE2 Adds Superfast Shutter And Much More" pp 86-92. Modern ... Anonymous, "Test: Leica 0-series: What's it like to shoot with a 1923 Leica replica? Inconvenient as hell-and lots of fun!" pp ... Anonymous, "Popular Photography: Test: Minolta Maxxum 9xi: It's awesome. It's top of the line. But is it a real pro?" pp 48-56 ... Anonymous. "Test: Nikon F5: Simply the quickest shooting, most advanced, safety-loaded pro AF SLR ever". pp 70-79. Popular ...
Pierre L. O. A. Keeler
1907). Spirit Slate-Writing and Billet Tests. Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research 1: 148-160. Preliminary ... Anonymous. (1920). Psychical Society Calls Bocock Spirit Pictures a Fraud. New-York Tribune. David Abbott. ( ...
ISBN 0-333-16689-2. Anonymous (8 April 1953). "The Jowett Javelin Road Test". The Motor. Motor Cavalcade. The Times, Saturday, ... The test car cost £1207 including taxes. An early example won in its class at the 1949 Monte Carlo Rally and another won the 2- ... In a 1949 road test report The Times' correspondent welcomed the Javelin's good performance and original design. The engine ... A de-luxe saloon version tested by The Motor magazine in 1953 had a top speed of 82.4 mph (132.6 km/h) and could accelerate ...
The company was allegedly involved in a seat test falsification, claiming that they omitted part of a test process to test ... Anonymous (20 February 2002). "Koito buys U.S. plane-seat servicer" (Newspaper article). Japan Times. Retrieved 10 February ... Anonymous (2 March 1998). "Roads agency section chief held over bribes" (Newspaper article). Japan Times. Retrieved 10 February ... Anonymous (1 September 2004). "Firms raided in bid-rigging probe" (Newspaper article). Japan Times. Retrieved 10 February 2010 ...
International students in Australia
Occupational English Test. Retrieved 18 May 2019. Anonymous (30 November 2016). "English Language Intensive Courses for ... Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) *internet-based test (paper-based test is also accepted) Cambridge English: ... "Pearson Test of English". PTE Academic. Retrieved 18 May 2019. "OET - The English Language Test for Healthcare Professionals". ... "IELTS Home of the IELTS English Language Test". www.ielts.org. Retrieved 18 May 2019. "Front Page". The TOEFL® Test. Retrieved ...
Continuous erythropoietin receptor activator
"Lab to re-test Tour blood samples". News.bbc.co.uk. 26 September 2008. Retrieved 9 May 2018. "Tour rocked by new positive tests ... Anonymous (2018-09-17). "Mircera". European Medicines Agency. Retrieved 2020-01-10. Pelkey, Charles (July 17, 2008). "Riccardo ... In September 2008, it was reported that samples of around 30 tour riders would be re-tested using a new, more effective test ... In November 2009, the Olympic 1500 m champion Rashid Ramzi was stripped of his title by the IOC after testing positive for CERA ...
"Mike Judge's Idiocracy Tests! (etc.)". Eric Vespe quoting anonymous contributor. AintItCoolNews.com. August 22, 2005. Archived ... Test screenings around March 2005 produced unofficial reports of poor audience reactions. After some re-shooting in the summer ... Joe is taken to the White House and is appointed Secretary of the Interior, as the IQ test identified him as the most ... Joe is renamed "Not Sure" by a faulty speech-recognition tattooing machine and takes a rudimentary IQ test. The police take Joe ...
"Anonymous Atrocity - Toyota Corona Starfire". DriveTribe. RH (23 November 1981). "Laporan test: Corona Mark II" [Test report]. ... The car was well received, winning Road Test's 1969 Import Car of the Year. The Corona helped increase U.S. sales of Toyota ... "Used Car Test: 1966 Toyota Corona Estate". Autocar. 129. No. 3, 795. 7 November 1968. pp. 29-31. Hajek, Alexander. "Toyota ... where the new model was tested to 100,000 kilometres (62,137.1 mi), and was able to sustain speeds of 140 km/h (87 mph). Toyota ...
Page 4. "Testing Justice". Human Rights Watch. May 31, 2009 Wyatt, Kristen (May 13, 2008). "Anonymous Rape Tests Are Going ... "anonymous rape tests". These tests allow victims too traumatized to go to the police to undergo the procedure at hospitals. The ... and those submitted for testing at crime lab facilities, but which have not been tested in a timely manner. Although ... "Sexual Assault Kit Testing: What Victims Need to Know" (PDF). VictimsOfCrime.org. The National Center for Victims of Crim. Lenz ...
Frédéric Y. Bois
Anonymous. "Certara Adds 4 Global Leaders to its Simcyp PBPK, QSP and QSTS M&S Division". Retrieved 15 May 2019. Anonymous. "In ... Committee on Toxicity Testing and Assessment of Environmental Agents, National Research Council (2007). Toxicity Testing in the ... Anonymous. "Le comité de la prévention et de la précaution, F. Bois biography" (in French). Retrieved 11 January 2013. Society ... Anonymous. "Environnement Risque et Santé Editorial Board". Joh Libbey Eurotext. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013 ...
anonymous (20 July 1962). "Radio Programs". Ottawa Citizen. p. 15. anonymous (9 August 1963). "Radio and Television Program ... It is a satire on government and complacency about nuclear testing." Cast included Budd [sic] Knapp, Percy Rodriguez and Walter ...
Anonymous. "Modern Tests: Pentax Miniatures KX In MX, Makes It Better?" pp. 116-120. Modern Photography, Volume 41, Number 5; ... Anonymous. "Modern Tests: Pentax K1000: Basic Body Still Endures" pp. 78-80. Modern Photography, Volume 47, Number 4; April ... Anonymous. "Modern Tests: [Pentax ME] Smallest 35mm SLR: Fully Automatic Only" pp. 115-121. Modern Photography, Volume 41, ... Anonymous. "Pentax Miniatures KX In MX, Makes It Better?" pp. 99-101. Modern Photography's Photo Buying Guide '85. reprint from ...
... is one of the principal towns in the Test Valley Borough and lies on the River Test, which is known for fly fishing, ... Anonymous (1974). So Drunk He Must Have Been to Romsey: A History of Romsey's Pubs & Inns. The History Section of the Lower ... "Romsey Heritage Trail - Test Valley Borough Council" (PDF). Test Valley Borough Council. Jervis, Ben (2017). "Decline or ... The existence of Sadler's Mill, the only mill to be developed on the main course of the River Test, is first recorded in the ...
Boeing A160 Hummingbird
In June 1999, Frontier tested the autonomous flight control system with the Maverick-A, a modified Robinson R22. This test bed ... Anonymous. "UAV's, they should be code named ICARUS". blog. UK TOP SECRET Postman Patel. Retrieved 2008-11-19. "Boeing ... On December 10, 2007, one of the A160T prototypes crashed during a flight test at Boeing Advanced Systems' test facility in ... The A160 continued with developmental flight tests in 2010, but test flights had already demonstrated greater endurance, higher ...
Mary Jane Nealon
"Health center will offer anonymous, free HIV tests". Missoulian. "Forklift, Ohio: A Journal of Poetry, Cooking, & Light ...
Korea Taekwondo Association
Anonymous (1977): "Kukkiwon reveals new Dan test rules." Black Belt, 15(7):71. Kang, W. S., & Lee, K. M. (1999): The modern ... Anonymous (1973): "Black Belt Times: New Korea Taekwondo center." Black Belt, 11(5):12. Chun, R. (1975/2003): Beginning Moo Duk ... The first official KTA dan promotion test was held on 11 November 1962. The KTA continued awarding dan ranks for several years ...
Facilities for anonymous HIV-testing were made available. A buffet was laid on and activities were organised. Newspapers, ...
Hugh S. R. Elliot
p. 12 Anonymous. (10 May 1930). Mr Hugh Elliot's Death: Story of Fatal Air Crash During Altitude Test. The Scotsman. p. 16 ... ISBN 0-85323-936-3 Anonymous. (1923). The Savile Club, 1868 to 1923. London: Savile Club. pp. 91-94 Anonymous. (1915). Review: ... p. 340 Anonymous. (1912). Review: A Materialist Critic Of Bergson: Modern Science And The Illusions Of Professor Bergson by ... Elliot died in an aeroplane crash during an altitude test in Hampton on 6 May 1930. An inquest concluded a verdict of " ...
"Snooker: Three players fail drugs tests but remain anonymous". The Independent. Retrieved 6 December 2017. "Maximum Breaks". ...
The testing itself is performed by Quest Diagnostics. For the people who activate the DNA test, Ancestry offers the possibility ... Anonymous for sperm donors - CBC News". CBC. "AncestryDNA Uses Quest Diagnostics to Sequence DNA , Dark Daily". www.darkdaily. ... AncestryDNA offers a direct-to-consumer genealogical DNA test. Consumers provide a sample of their DNA to the company for ... Customers should not believe they are seeing all of their ethnic background, but taking multiple tests is useful when combined ...
LGBT rights in South Korea
Government officials announced anonymous testing procedures later that month. Several COVID clusters were also linked to ... In addition, South Korea's aggressive track and test method to the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in several LGBT South Koreans ... Enlistees are drafted through the Military Manpower Administration (MMA; Korean: 병무청) which administers a "psychology test" at ... being outed by either the press or by the public government records related to testing. A cluster of cases was linked to a gay ...
"Snooker: Three players fail drug tests but remain anonymous". The Independent. London. 10 April 1998. Archived from the ... The Association's disciplinary committee had decided that Thorburn had brought the sport into disrepute, as a drug test that he ...
OpenBSD security features
... an anonymous Web browser; SecureDrop, a software package for journalists and whistleblowers to exchange information securely ... a specialized operating system for penetration testing, security research, digital forensics, and reverse engineering; Qubes OS ...
Anonymous. "Test: Nikon 45 mm f/2.8P AF: A flat, snazzy lens for the Nikon FM3A that meters on all AF Nikons" p 71. Popular ... Anonymous. "Test: Nikon FM3A: The Nikon FM3A: Does the latest manual-focus Nikon SLR make the grade as an instant classic?" pp ... Anonymous. "Modern Tests: Nikon FE2 Adds Superfast Shutter and Much More" pp 86-92. Modern Photography, Volume 47, Number 10; ... Anonymous. "70 Top 35 mm & Digital Cameras: Nikon FM3A" p 108. Popular Photography, Volume 66 Number 12; December 2002 ...
Anonymous. Nikon FE2 Advertisement. "Instead of owning a camera designed for millions maybe you need a camera engineered for a ... "Modern Tests: Nikon FE2 Adds Superfast Shutter And Much More" pp. 86-92. Modern Photography, Volume 47, Number 10; October 1983 ... Anonymous. Nikon FE2 Advertisement. "The Nikon FE2. Because not every artist uses a brush and palette." pp. 66-67. Modern ... Anonymous. KEH Camera Brokers catalogue, Sept 1996. Atlanta, GA: KEH Camera Brokers, 1996. Comen, Paul. Magic Lantern Guides: ...
Ellis-Petersen, Hannah (15 March 2019). "'Thai Banksy' tests boundaries with gallery show before election". The Guardian. ... Itthipongmaetee, Chayanit (18 January 2019). "DANGEROUS ART: FAME IS PERIL FOR ANONYMOUS ARTIST HEADACHE STENCIL". Khaosod ...
Volkswagen emissions scandal
Note: The vehicles tested were anonymous in the original study. Emissions listed on page 64-65. Limits listed on page 5. NOx ... A French test showed 4 out of 52 cars compliant when tested outside (not in a laboratory). A 2016 test showed Volkswagen diesel ... despite preliminary tests indicating gaps between emissions from lab tests and real world tests of about 10 to 20 percent. In ... As of March 2017, 38 out of 40 diesel cars of all brands tested by ADAC failed a NOx-test based on government standards. ...
2012 in aviation
Anonymous, "Hypersonic Aircraft Fais in Test Flight," The Washington Post, 16 August 2012, p. A3. Shalchi, Hadeel Al. "Syria ... "Anonymous, "China Navy's First Aircraft Carrier Commissioned After Sea Tests,"". Bloomberg News (Bloomberg.com). 25 September ... By the time the testing period ends on 18 December, the X-47B will have made a number of successful test launches and ... Anonymous, "4 Killed in Moscow Plane Crash," The Washington Post, 30 December 2012, Page A14. Associated Press, "Four Dead in ...
Wylie's research work included message-testing work for Steve Bannon on building a wall on the American-Mexican border, and he ... Wylie admitted to having been the principal anonymous source for a May 2017 The Observer article by Carole Cadwalladr, which ...
In July 1784, Franklin met with Mirabeau and contributed anonymous materials that the Frenchman used in his first signed work: ... Schwartz, Stephan A. "Franklin's Forgotten Triumph: Scientific Testing" American Heritage, October 2004. "The phony health ... and there would be no religious test for admission. Johnson went on to found King's College (now Columbia University) in New ...
Tests such as ELISA that use antibodies against a mixture of norovirus strains are available commercially, but lack specificity ... Anonymous (1 May 2010). "Notifiable diseases and causative organisms: how to report - GOV.UK". www.gov.uk. Public Health ... Confirmatory testing is not usually available but may be performed by public health agencies during outbreaks. Prevention ... Anonymous (28 December 2016). "Norovirus , Reporting and Surveillance , CDC". www.cdc.gov. Centers for Disease Control and ...
Nonviolent video game
Journey is a game where you as a non-violent player meet and travel with a second anonymous player on a journey to a ... The majority of these games have not been scientifically tested to see whether children learn the skills the games claim to ...
The less-esteemed examinations tested for skills such as mathematics, law, and calligraphy. The success rate on these tests of ... In 992, the practice of anonymous submission of papers during the palace examination was introduced; it was spread to the ... was added to the tests, with rather specific set requirements: this was for the jinshi degree, as well as certain other tests. ... The highest level tests would be at the imperial court or palace level, of which the jinshi was the highest regular level, ...
Axel von Fersen the Younger
They were abused in public, and von Fersen received anonymous death threats. 20 June 1810 was the date set for the Crown ... and that to see and speak to this Drouet was an almost unbearable test, even of his remarkable self-control. Marie-Antoinette ...
2015 in aviation
Scott, Alwyn, "UPDATE 3-U.S. regulators give Amazon go-ahead for drone tests," Reuters, 19 March 2015, 7:57 p.m. EDT. Anonymous ... Anonymous, "Bi-plane pilot in Amy Johnson UK to Australia flight," bbc.com, 1 October 2015. Anonymous, "Tracey Curtis-Taylor ... Anonymous, "Anonymous threats against airliners prompt searches; all OK," Associated Press, 25 May. 2015 8:48 p.m. EDT. al-Haj ... Anonymous, "Syrian regime strikes kill civilians in ISIL-held town," aljazeera.com, 11 July 2015, 15:08 GMT. "Anonymous, "E-Fan ...
Astor's first screen test was directed by Lillian Gish, who was so impressed with her recitation of Shakespeare that she shot a ... That same year, she joined Alcoholics Anonymous and converted to Roman Catholicism. She credited her recovery to a priest, ... As the film industry made the transition to talkies, Fox gave her a sound test, which she failed because the studio found her ... Davis wanted Astor cast in the role after watching her screen test and seeing her play Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1. She ...
CS1 location test, Articles with short description, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia indefinitely move- ... including a photograph of her leaving a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. The High Court ordered £3,500 in damages from the Daily ...
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
... including the design for the Fast Flux Test Facility to test fuels and materials for the AEC's commercial nuclear power program ... PNNL: Pacific Northwest Center for Global Security Anonymous. 1998. "Instruments Smother Smuggling Attempts." Research & ... Research Aircraft Pretreatment Engineering Platform Microproducts Breakthrough Institute Instrument Performance Testing Hanford ...
Jesus sees a multitude coming towards him, and wants to feed the crowd and to test his disciples, in this case Philip and ... The author of the book containing this chapter is anonymous, but early Christian tradition uniformly affirmed that John ...
Brainard sat for a Warhol screen test in 1964) ... but he was never a Pop artist in the strict sense. Warhol and Lichtenstein ... old Brainard joined the journal as its art editor after fellow Central High classmate Padgett sent Brainard an anonymous ...
... anonymous sources - often rumors or stories gleaned from the press." The IDF letter added that B'Tselem's report "ignores the ... Steinberg cautioned that the reliability of B'Tselem's testimony had not been tested in court, and that he would withhold ...
2022 monkeypox outbreak
Beginning 18 July, Sonic Healthcare USA started testing for monkeypox using CDC's orthopoxvirus test, which includes monkeypox ... ages 18 and older who have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days." By July 27, the federal government had ... "Sonic Healthcare USA Begins Monkeypox Testing, Increasing Nationwide Testing Capacity". emergency.cdc.gov. 18 July 2022. ... then tested positive for the virus on 6 May. Testing of patient swab samples by polymerase chain reaction revealed the outbreak ...
MV Britannic (1929)
"Television tested on a liner at sea". The New York Times. 8 November 1937. p. 37. Retrieved 6 December 2020. de Kerbrech 2002, ... On 20 February 1940 an anonymous telephone call to the New York City Police Department warned that a bomb would be planted ... After she left London on 29 October, BBC technicians tested the reception of "telephotograms" transmitted from the Alexandra ...
Disappearance of Toni Sharpless
In 2013, the writer of an anonymous letter sent to Eileen Law, a private investigator handling the case, claimed that he had ... Johns also passed a lie detector test, the police said. Green, too, has been cleared; police described him as "more than ... Nark, Jason (January 11, 2013). "Anonymous letter claims cop killed Chesco woman missing since '09". Philadelphia Daily News. ... Cavaliere, Victoria (January 12, 2013). "Anonymous letter claims missing Pennsylvania woman Toni Lee Sharpless was killed by ...
Anonymous pipe Anonymous named pipe Unix file types "mkfifo, mkfifoat - make a FIFO special file". IEEE Std 1003.1-2017. The ... letting driver developers do their development and testing on a single computer). Both programs require the user to enter names ... Anonymous pipes used in pipelining are actually named pipes with a random name. They are very rarely seen by users, but there ...
Following tests of a new instant messaging platform on Facebook in March 2008, the feature, then-titled "Facebook Chat", was ... with users being anonymous to others. This was shut down in December 2015. In April 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, ... At the time, the testing was limited to a "small number of users in Australia and Thailand", with the ad format being swipe- ... In July, the company announced that they were expanding the testing to a global audience. Stan Chudnovsky, head of Messenger, ...
Anonymous interview with Jonathan James for Frontline, on PBS.org Document detailing the Indictment Defaced BellSouth Website ... James later violated that probation when he tested positive for drug use and was then subsequently taken into custody by the ...
On 21 December, he published in the daily Athens newspaper Efimeris [el] an anonymous article-signed only as "Omega" and ... apart from reports on tests of Krupp-type artillery packs for mules in April and August 1883. Danglis was promoted to Captain ...
By March 1936, test flying of the prototype was completed. The Hawker Board issued instructions planning, jigging, and tooling ... Sydney Camm, C.B.E., F.R.Ae.S.) prefer to remain pictorially anonymous, ... We can, however, name those chiefly concerned. They ...
Istituto Giannina Gaslini
Anonymus, Associazione ospedali pediatrici Anonymus, Rete Idea, IRCCS Istituto Giannina Gaslini Anonymous, IRCCS network of ... clinic at the Istituto Gaslini where he was put in charge of the whole patients testing process. Moreover, he gave the start to ... neuroscience and neurorehabilitation, Anonymous, La fondazione Gaslini Amedeo Amato, Paolo Petralia, "Gaslini, una storia di ...
Cora Sun-Drop Diamond
Tests show that the diamond was formed from 1 to 3 billion years ago. After that, on 24 February 2011, it was kept in The Vault ... The Sun-Drop was bought by a telephone bidder who decided to remain anonymous. Including commission and taxes the buyer paid $ ...
They used multiple chemical tests to ensure the authenticity of the figurine. They used a scanning electron microscope to ... Number 2 remained a mystery until November 2011 when Utah State University anthropologist Bonnie Pitblado received an anonymous ...
Anonymous (2016-10-17). "Laying hens". Food Safety - European Commission. Retrieved 2020-07-13. Anonymous (2016-10-17). "Laying ... Following Dalli's resignation, served under EU Commissioner Tonio Borg who implemented the full ban on the testing of animals ...
Anonymous sources claimed Kerr had a "difficult reputation" and was not "a big seller for VS"; however, Kerr's camp stated she ... "Beauty product ranges from stars like Miranda Kerr, Jessica Hart and Lara Bingle put to the test". Daily Telegraph. "Miranda ...
Hell's Kitchen Angel
Anonymous, along with the music video. The song is included on Hell's Kitchen Angel. On December 18, 2015, "Wrong" featuring ... Standard edition Caufield, Keith (March 4, 2016). "Watch MAX Get Roughed Up in 'Holla' Video: 'These People Are Just Testing ...
In January 2018, Ngidi was added to South Africa's Test squad ahead of the second Test against India. He made his Test debut ... who first went to school because of an anonymous benefactor, has got South Africa smiling. "Lungi Ngidi". ESPN Cricinfo. ... "Olivier, Ngidi added to South Africa squad for second Test". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 January 2018. "2nd Test, India tour of ... "The story of Lungi Ngidi, from high school scholarship to South Africa's Test star". Scroll.in. Retrieved 19 June 2019. admin ( ...
French submarine Gymnote (Q1)
The motor was constructed and tested at the Societe des Forges et Chantiers at Le Havre. It was fitted with two sets of brushes ... Krebs at rbmn.free.fr Krebs autobiographic letter La Nature review French académie des sciences Anonymous, "Torpedo Boat Sunk ...
Robert Downey Jr.
In 1997, he missed one of the court-ordered drug tests and had to spend six months in the Los Angeles County jail. After Downey ... who were responding to an anonymous 911 call. Downey was under the influence of a controlled substance and in possession of ... He was arrested for suspicion of being under the influence of drugs, but was released a few hours later, even though tests ... He received three years' probation and was ordered to undergo compulsory drug testing. ...
Anonymous or Confidential HIV Counseling and Voluntary Testing in Federally Funded Testing Sites -- United States, 1995-1997
In 1997, of tests provided to men who have sex with men (MSM), 55.3% were anonymous. Most anonymous tests were among MSM who ... However, anonymous testing continues to be of value; anonymous testing has been associated with entry into medical care earlier ... more anonymous tests were provided to men than women. In each year, the highest numbers of positive anonymous tests were among ... Because of the potential benefits of anonymous testing, CDC encourages states to include anonymous testing as an integral ...
VPN Packages Put to the Test: More Security and Anonymous Paths
The lab at AV-TEST examined two leading software packages and put together many facts on the topic. The test examined download ... VPN Packages Put to the Test: More Security and Anonymous Paths. Those who prefer relative anonymity on the Web tend to rely on ... VPN software in the test lab. In the latest test, the two following packages show all they have to offer:. *Kaspersky Secure ... The lab at AV-TEST examined two leading software packages and put together many facts on the topic. The test examined download ...
Typing Test · Anonymous - Choerry From Loona
Learn to type faster and practice your typing skills on Choerry From Loona by Anonymous . ... Test your skills, take the Typing Test.. Score (WPM) distribution for this quote. More. Best scores for this typing test. Name ... Save test:. Use this if you want to share this typing test (only for authenticated users).. ... Choerry From Loona - Anonymous This quote was added by manzerella Choerry isnt just a star. Shes the brightest star that ...
2 Cor 13:5 Test Yourself | An Anonymous Nonybird
Meditation Adventures 3 , An Anonymous Nonybird on My Dream. *Meditation Adventures 1 , An Anonymous Nonybird on I Forgive You ... Test yourselves if you are in the faith; see if you pass. Do you not know from personal experience that Jesus Christ is within ... Test yourselves, says Paul. if you are in the faith; Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is within you? Unless, of course, ... Looking at the phrases with You Are with the knowledge that I AM God, we get, "Test yourself to see if YOU ARE God in faith; ...
Researcher says in 5 years, CTE test can be given to living
Anonymous/AP). "The brain goes through incredible maturation between the ages of 9 and 12," Stern said. "If normal development ... blood tests and other tests on 120 former NFL players and 60 former college players later this year, Stern said. ... Stern said it is important to develop a test for CTE for living patients because the sooner the disease is diagnoses, the ... "With something this serious it is not in the players interests to speculate what comes after such a test might be developed," ...
Best Syphilis At Home Test Kit Fully Anonymous - Men and Women | AtHomeSTDKit.com
How Does the Test Work?. Home STD tests are quite simple to use. You order the iDNA kit online, then follow the instructions to ... How Can You Test for Syphilis?. Many people still believe that the only way to test for sexually transmitted diseases is to ... Good news: You can now test for this disease in the safety and comfort of your own home. With a home test kit from iDNA, you ... Best of all, the test is completely discreet. It comes in an unmarked box, we do not call attention to it on your credit card ...
Moto G Android 5.0 Lollipop soak test starts in India today - comments - page 23
Anonymous. *7w5. *. 07 Dec 2014. I am getting a Moto G 2nd gen on new year. Will android L for it be officially released by ... OTA for Soak test has started. I live in Chennai and my OTA has begun. Cant upd... moreIs your device moto g 1st gen or 2nd ... OTA for Soak test has started. I live in Chennai and my OTA has begun. Cant upd... moreJust by saying this you already broke ... vaibhav, 04 Dec 2014I just had a chat with the motorola customer care he sai that the soak test is at end for moto... moreI am ...
Breaking News Livestream | KNWA FOX24
ACLU Says CDC Guidelines on HIV Surveillance Could Lead to Better Privacy Protections | American Civil Liberties Union
Preserving anonymous HIV testing sites. In the first area - improving a states ability to count new HIV cases - the CDC said ... The guidelines also order the states to do everything possible to preserve and support anonymous test sites, which some states ... "CDC is emphasizing that anonymous test sites save lives," Adams said. "These guidelines tells the states that there is nothing ... Under a unique identifier system, each person who gets tested for HIV is assigned a random and unique alpha-numeric code that ...
TerribleCoin Global Ledger - Google Sheets
Wikitech-l] Selenium tests are getting failed for Popups extension - Wikitech-l - lists.wikimedia.org
at Context.,anonymous, (/core/extensions/Popups/tests/selenium/specs/page_previews.js:31:3) [0-0] FAILED in chrome - /tests/ ... at Context.,anonymous, (/core/extensions/Popups/tests/selenium/specs/page_previews.js:18:3) [0-0] AssertionError [ERR_ASSERTION ... Some of the test cases are getting failed. [0-0] RUNNING in chrome - /tests/selenium/specs/page_previews.js [0-0] ... tests/selenium/specs/reference_previews.js [0-1] PASSED in chrome - /tests/selenium/specs/reference_previews.js dot Reporter ...
LKML: kbuild test robot: Re: [PATCH 07/45] C++: Define a header with some C++ type traits for type checking
include/linux/build_bug.h:29:58: error: negative width in bit-field verify_sha256_digest()::,unnamed struct,::,anonymous,. # ... auto build test ERROR on v4.16-rc7]. [cannot apply to linus/master tip/x86/core tip/locking/core v4.16 next-20180329]. [if your ... return test_and_clear_bit(nr ^ BITOP_LE_SWIZZLE, addr);. ^. In file included from include/linux/bitops.h:38:0,. from include/ ... return __test_and_set_bit(nr ^ BITOP_LE_SWIZZLE, addr);. ^. In file included from include/linux/bitops.h:38:0,. from include/ ...
Birth Control, STD Testing & Abortion - San Diego, CA
Test::Harness - Run Perl standard test scripts with statistics - Perldoc Browser
Numerous anonymous contributors exist. Andreas Koenig held the torch for many years, and then Michael G Schwern.. #LICENCE AND ... Number of test files ran good Number of test files passed bad Number of test files failed tests Number of test files originally ... execute_tests( tests =, \@test_files, out =, \*FH ). Runs all the given @test_files. (just like runtests(). ) but doesnt ... youve got a successful test.. $failed. is a hash ref of all the test scripts that failed. Each key is the name of a test ...
Maps Mania: The Electric Vehicle Driving Test
'Trust game' test shows Israelis find Germans, Americans more reliable than own...
Anonymous Coward. User ID: 1288951. Germany. 03/09/2011 05:24 AM. Report Abusive Post. Report Copyright Violation. Trust game ... Re: Trust game test shows Israelis find Germans, Americans more reliable than own countrymen ... Trust game test shows Israelis find Germans, Americans more reliable than own countrymen. ... test shows Israelis find Germans, Americans more reliable than own countrymen ...
WeeChat - Bugs: bug #41580, /me sent to +#channel / @#channel... [Savannah]
HIV Testing on Demand | AAFP
The first is whether it is appropriate to perform tests at a patients request without clear indications. The second is whether ... billing the insurance carrier for these tests is proper. ... often at anonymous testing sites. This option can be offered to ... Most insurance companies pay the modest costs of this important screening test. The price of an HIV screening test varies ... The sensitivity and specificity of this test are comparable to the ELISA screening test. The more important concern regarding ...
Gossamer Forum: Products: Gossamer Forum: Testing Forum: reply and quote test
Sumner Redstone Legal Turmoil: Fighting Women, Lie-Detector Tests, Stolen Laptop With 'Private' Photos - The Hollywood Reporter
Apple Testing at Least Nine New Macs With Four Different M2 Chip Variants - MacRumors
Apple is internally testing several variants of the next-generation M2 chip and the updated Macs that will be equipped with ... Apple has also tested an M1 Max version of the Mac mini, but the release of the Mac Studio may make such a machine redundant, ... Apple is internally testing several variants of the next-generation M2 chip and the updated Macs that will be equipped with ... According to Bloomberg, the internal testing is a "key step" in the development process, and it suggests that the machines ...
Trends in HIV-2 Diagnoses and Use of the HIV-1/HIV-2 Differentiation Test - United States, 2010-2017 | MMWR
... and the current HIV testing approach could be updated to streamline efficiencies. ... and the current HIV testing approach could be updated to streamline efficiencies. ... All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know ... tested with an HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test. Persons with diagnosed HIV-1,† tested with an HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test ...
Copy to clipboard
EFF Tells Court to Protect Anonymous Speakers, Apply Proper Test Before Unmasking Them In Trademark Commentary Case. ... Anonymous speech is an important protection for those concerned about political or economic retribution, harassment, or even ... Copyright law cannot be used as a shortcut around the First Amendments strong protections for anonymous internet users, a ... Judges cannot minimize the First Amendment rights of anonymous speakers who use an organizations logo, especially when that ...
Iain Dale's Diary: Forty Per Cent Fail Basic Primary School Tests
Anonymous said... As the man once said :-. "Education ! Education! Education" August 07, 2007 2:19 pm ... thinks it is difficult for any school to pass its tests. It is childishly simple and that is because tests have to take account ... SATS tests and league tables are phoney. Children in their last year in a primary school do practically nothing else but ... The problem appears to be particularly with regard to the writing tests. I think this is a clue to the causes of the ...
Newly Discovered Three-Star System Could Test Einstein's Theory of General Relativity - National UFO Center
Navy Arctic UFO photos allegedly leaked by anonymous source. July 16, 2015 ... Newly Discovered Three-Star System Could Test Einsteins Theory of General Relativity. in Outer Space January 6, 2014 0 545 ... "By doing very high-precision timing of the pulses coming from the pulsar, we can test for such a deviation from the strong ... Home / Outer Space / Newly Discovered Three-Star System Could Test Einsteins Theory of General Relativity ...
The 10 Principles of a Love-Based Culture by Ivo Nelson, Dana Sellers - Audiobook - Audible.com
July | 2014 | IT
Alphaland - Walkthrough, Tips, Review
Recruited to test an early build of Jonass new game, you wind up falling through the cracks into a strange place you were ... What happened between early testing of a game and final release? Jonas Kyratzes may make you wonder with this experimental ... Whats that little symbol next to your handle mean? I presume it makes you different from us Anonymous types and the Casual ... SUBJECT: Re: Game Testing. I tried out your game beta. It plays well enough, but theres a layout glitch at the bottom of your ...
AntibodyLogistic regression analysisUrineNucleicChlamydiaInfectionSyphilisAntibodiesLaboratorySexuallyCounselingVoluntaryAnonymouslyViralProportionConfidentialPrimary CareSurveillanceResultsBloodGuidelinesConcernChemicalsAddsEffortsDataSoonerResultProvideWomenReportPreviousFilesPatientFindPagePreventionHealthIndividualPeopleStudyPositiveSimilarGivePrivateGoodMakeTreatmentUsersSaveClearInterview
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) counseling and voluntary testing (CT) programs have been an important part of national HIV prevention efforts since the first HIV antibody tests became available in 1985 (1). (cdc.gov)
- In 1995, these programs accounted for approximately 15% of annual HIV antibody testing in the United States, excluding testing for blood donation (1). (cdc.gov)
- Since 2014, CDC has recommended using an antibody-based HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test as part of a laboratory-based algorithm to confirm HIV-1 and HIV-2 infections. (cdc.gov)
- The diagnostic value of a confirmatory antibody differentiation test in a setting with sensitive and specific screening tests and few HIV-2 infections might be limited. (cdc.gov)
- or 3) probable HIV-2 infection, defined as having an HIV-2-positive antibody test result (HIV-2 immunoassay or an HIV-1/HIV-2 antigen and antibody test) and no evidence of HIV-1 RNA or DNA. (cdc.gov)
- HIV antibody tests look for HIV antibodies in your blood , saliva (spit), or urine (pee). (medlineplus.gov)
- An antibody test may find HIV antibodies as early as 23 days after infection, but it may take as long as 90 days before your body makes enough antibodies to show up on this test. (medlineplus.gov)
- In general, lab tests can find antibodies sooner after infection than other HIV antibody tests. (medlineplus.gov)
- HIV antibody/antigen tests are the most commonly used HIV tests. (medlineplus.gov)
Logistic regression analysis1
- Pearson Chi-square test and Binary logistic regression analysis were employed. (bvsalud.org)
- For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Rapid tests use blood from your finger, saliva, or urine. (medlineplus.gov)
- and periodic testing of urine to monitor abstinence. (medscape.com)
- NAT tests (nucleic acid tests) look for HIV in a sample of your blood taken from a vein and tested in a lab. (medlineplus.gov)
- If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Factors include fear of losing confidentiality, fear of finding out the diagnosis, failure to recognize or denial of) risk factors for infection, fear of discrimination, concern that the test can be falsely positive, and even fear that the test can lead to HIV/AIDS. (aafp.org)
- Since 2014, the recommended laboratory testing algorithm for diagnosing human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection has included a supplemental HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test to confirm infection type on the basis of the presence of type-specific antibodies ( 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- Response to: Fitzpatrick C, Lowe M, Richardson D. Sexually transmitted infection testing and rates in men who have sex with men (MSM) using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. (bvsalud.org)
- To monitor the prevalence of HIV infection and associated behaviors among persons who inject drugs, CDC's National HIV Behavioral Surveillance (NHBS) conducts interviews and HIV testing in selected metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) ( 3 ). (cdc.gov)
- During the same period, 58% had tested for HIV infection and 52% received syringes from a syringe services program. (cdc.gov)
- Participants were asked about behaviors in the previous 12 months, including high-risk injection (receptive sharing) †† or sexual behaviors, §§ testing for HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, participation in HIV behavioral interventions, ¶¶ and receiving any syringes from a syringe services program or all syringes from sterile sources. (cdc.gov)
- How Can You Test for Syphilis? (athomestdkit.com)
- Combining published results with data reported to CDC shows that, to date, 1,758 health-care workers participating in such studies have been tested for antibodies to HTLV-III. (cdc.gov)
- A female health-care worker was tested for serum antibodies to HTLV-III in November 1984 as part of a study of hospital personnel. (cdc.gov)
- In CT programs, demographic and HIV risk information is collected, combined with laboratory test results, and reported to CDC after removal of personal identifying information. (cdc.gov)
- CDC recommends that laboratories continue to follow the laboratory-based algorithm with the HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test as the second step. (cdc.gov)
- However, updates to the laboratory-based testing algorithm merit consideration in the United States where HIV-2 infections remain rare. (cdc.gov)
- To describe the percentage of diagnoses for which an HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test result was reported and to categorize HIV type based on laboratory test results, 2010-2017 data from CDC's National HIV Surveillance System (NHSS) were analyzed. (cdc.gov)
- During 2010-2017, a substantial increase in the number of HIV-1/HIV-2 differentiation test results were reported to NHSS, consistent with implementation of the HIV laboratory-based testing algorithm recommended in 2014. (cdc.gov)
- data include patient demographic characteristics, HIV transmission risk category, and laboratory test results. (cdc.gov)
- A male laboratory worker was discovered to be lymphopenic after he volunteered to be tested in conjunction with a study in April 1985. (cdc.gov)
- Laboratory tests have a sensitivity of no better than 50%, and physical examination is helpful only after the consequences of alcoholism are apparent. (medscape.com)
- Many people still believe that the only way to test for sexually transmitted diseases is to wait in long lines at Planned Parenthood or book an appointment with their primary care provider. (athomestdkit.com)
- Counseling and anonymous (without your name) or confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns. (plannedparenthood.org)
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) HIV Counseling and Testing Guidelines, 2 voluntary HIV testing and prevention counseling ideally should be offered routinely to all patients. (aafp.org)
- Such patients "should receive additional HIV prevention counseling and follow-up testing when requested. (aafp.org)
- Conclusions In Abidjan, voluntary counselling and HIV testing with a view to preventing mother-to-child transmission was feasible in antenatal care units and was well accepted by pregnant women. (who.int)
- Additional staff were required in order to offer voluntary counselling and HIV testing to the study women. (who.int)
- These tests may also be called " viral load tests . (medlineplus.gov)
- Because some persons had more than one HIV test in a year, the proportion of persons tested who had positive results could not be calculated. (cdc.gov)
- Thus, the proportion positive reflects the number of positive tests divided by the number of tests provided. (cdc.gov)
- Among men, the highest proportion of tests that were anonymous were among Asians/Pacific Islander (A/PI) MSM (71.6%) and among white MSM (61.9%) ( Table 1 ). (cdc.gov)
- Among women, the highest proportion of anonymous tests was among A/PI IDU (40.0%), A/PI with heterosexual contact (35.9%), whites with heterosexual contact (30.8%), AI/AN with heterosexual contact (29.7%), and AI/AN IDUs (29.2%) ( Table 2 ). (cdc.gov)
- An insufficient proportion of women returned to obtain their test results. (who.int)
- All states provide confidential testing (by name) and have confidentiality laws and regulations to protect this information. (cdc.gov)
- This report compares patterns of anonymous and confidential testing in all federally funded CT programs from 1995 through 1997 and documents the importance of both types of testing opportunities. (cdc.gov)
- In each year, the highest numbers of positive anonymous tests were among white and black men, and the highest number of positive confidential tests were among blacks. (cdc.gov)
- In 1997, the most recent year for which complete data were available, STD clinics provided more tests overall (551,838) and more confidential tests (494,414) than other sites, and dedicated HIV CT sites provided the largest number of anonymous tests (302,273). (cdc.gov)
- There are no all-inclusive formulas for deciding when to perform and bill for these tests, so as primary care physicians we individualize each case, all under a degree of pressure to try to satisfy the legitimate needs of our patients as well as those of insurance carriers. (aafp.org)
- The compelling reason for performing HIV testing for this patient is because this is an all-important primary care prevention opportunity even in the absence of admitted risk factors. (aafp.org)
- The recent Advancing HIV Prevention initiative 1 has emphasized the importance of wider testing in primary care. (aafp.org)
- The guidelines also order the states to do everything possible to preserve and support anonymous test sites, which some states have eliminated under the mistaken belief that anonymous testing undermined HIV surveillance. (aclu.org)
- About 50 researchers from 11 institutions across the United States, including the New York University School of Medicine, will perform spinal taps, brain scans, blood tests and other tests on 120 former NFL players and 60 former college players later this year, Stern said. (nydailynews.com)
- Doctors may also be able to diagnose CTE by measuring levels of tau, the protein that becomes defective due to repeated hits to the head, through blood tests. (nydailynews.com)
- HIV testing is done by a blood draw. (plannedparenthood.org)
- An HIV test checks a sample of your blood to see whether you are infected with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). (medlineplus.gov)
- Lab tests use a blood sample taken from a vein. (medlineplus.gov)
- With mail-in tests, you collect a drop of blood from your finger to send to a lab for testing. (medlineplus.gov)
- Rapid tests use a drop of blood from your finger. (medlineplus.gov)
- No previous blood samples were available for testing. (cdc.gov)
- These guidelines tells the states that there is nothing inconsistent about tracking the HIV epidemic and preserving anonymous testing. (aclu.org)
- This patient's persistence in asking for the test might indicate unprofessed risk factors, an obsessive concern, or other personal factors. (aafp.org)
- Setting this adds perl command line switches to each test file run. (perl.org)
- Efforts should be made to understand why these clients repeatedly seek follow-up testing. (aafp.org)
- All the servers or website thus identify a VPN service as a retriever of data - the user remains hidden and mostly anonymous behind the VPN service. (av-test.org)
- For these readers, the test lab prepared an additional pdf file with lots of individual data from the tests . (av-test.org)
- And because this locally logged data with servers in Europe was not deemed sufficient by the testers, the entire test was repeated with servers from overseas. (av-test.org)
- in the vicinity of the nightclubs, as determined by their cell phone location data, were sent a series of text mes- sages encouraging them to undergo testing. (cdc.gov)
- An anonymous questionnaire was used for data collection. (bvsalud.org)
- Data were collected using anonymous self-report measures. (bvsalud.org)
- Stern said it is important to develop a test for CTE for living patients because the sooner the disease is diagnoses, the sooner players can receive treatment. (nydailynews.com)
- Among the 2998 HIV-negative women, 71% returned for their test result, whereas only 60% of the 445 HIV-positive women did so. (who.int)
- a nonreactive screening test result was considered HIV-negative and a reactive screening test result was considered HIV-positive if confirmed by western blot or indirect immunofluorescence assay. (cdc.gov)
- Now that CDC will provide federal funds, all states should be able to emulate Maryland - and do a better job of tracking without creating a list of names that scares away people who most need to get tested. (aclu.org)
- Although more tests were provided to women than men each year, more anonymous tests were provided to men than women. (cdc.gov)
- It prints out each individual test which failed along with a summary report and a how long it all took. (perl.org)
- The difference in this case is that the patient is requesting an HIV test. (aafp.org)
- They are all very accurate, but no test can find HIV in your body immediately after you're infected. (medlineplus.gov)
- Voir page 645 le re´sume´ en franc¸ais. (who.int)
- The push toward broader testing as a powerful prevention tool is not only understandable but also compelling. (aafp.org)
- Evaluation and consideration of other HIV tests approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that might increase efficiencies in the CDC and Association of Public Health Laboratories-recommended HIV testing algorithm are warranted. (cdc.gov)
- sets these before executing the individual tests. (perl.org)
- These numbers mean one thing: That people are not taking testing seriously enough. (athomestdkit.com)
- Federally funded CT programs provided 2.5 million tests (40,605 HIV-positive) in 1995, 2.6 million (39,119 HIV-positive) in 1996, and 2.3 million (34,875 HIV-positive) in 1997. (cdc.gov)
- Research in mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 at the ages was advised to inform her partner, who, if he of 6 and 15 months, respectively, following a short consented, was tested under similar conditions. (who.int)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a self-help group organized on principles similar to Alcoholics Anonymous and is useful in helping addicts maintain abstinence. (medscape.com)
- more Doesn't matter if the whole world gets update before, but you're not supposed to give out any information regarding the soak test, even after an official rollout begins. (gsmarena.com)
- Your information is private and anonymous. (plannedparenthood.org)
- Cramming for the test at the last minute is not a good practice and can lead to failure. (wikihow.com)
- You could make up pop quizzes to test your knowledge on some of the materials that might be on the test. (wikihow.com)
- Setting this to true will make the harness display the number of milliseconds each test took. (perl.org)
- Apple has also tested an M1 Max version of the Mac mini, but the release of the Mac Studio may make such a machine redundant, so Apple could stick with M2 and M2 Pro chips when the Mac mini eventually sees a refresh. (macrumors.com)
- Use this if you want to share this typing test (only for authenticated users). (keyhero.com)
- CDC is emphasizing that anonymous test sites save lives," Adams said. (aclu.org)
- The first is whether it is appropriate to perform tests at a patient's request without clear indications. (aafp.org)
- Incentives were offered for completing the interview, HIV testing, and recruitment. (cdc.gov)